Windows Support Forum

Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

Q: Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

I keep having a problem with my internet connection When I connect my pc to the wifi im only online for short periods of time Troubleshooting the problems doesnt give anything and deactivating and activating isnt helping either Im pretty sure its only my own router I cant connect to though I have no problem connecting through a ethernet cable Some intell Windows IP Configuration Host Name MSI Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter LAN-forbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Virtuelt kort til Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth-netv rksforbindelse Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth-enhed Personal Area Network Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address C-D - - -F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - -A - C- -A - - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Internet with wifi connection but with not ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi NDIS Physical Address C- -A - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Internet connection with ethernet but not with wifi

What is your operating system and what do you mean by short periods of time, like a minute and then it drops? Also, what kind of router do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-with-ethernet-but-not-with-wifi.201815/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have spent the last days trying to get my WiFi to connect Connection Ethernet not through Internet but WiFi to the Internet and am ready to throw the computer and all its additional equipment out of the window Amongst a collection of other laptops and a desktop running different systems - Windows XP Vista Windows and Windows - I have an old Acer Aspire running Windows XP Pro SP I use it mainly for midi file work and as a host for Visual Studio which I keep for maintenance of some programs written many years ago but still in use by some of my friends and for which I require frequent searches on the Internet Just recently for no apparent reason the WiFi on this laptop suddenly stopped working I have been using an Edimax EW- Usg wireless adapter Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi which has never given any trouble in the past to connect with my home network through a router modem supplied by my ISP Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi Since every other computer iPhone iPad and Kindle connects to the same network and works perfectly I have to assume that there is no problem with that router Also the problem laptop connects perfectly via the ethernet cable It just won t work on WiFi alone I have checked my wireless connections setup including TCP IP and can find no problem devices in Device manager I have searched for solutions on the internet and tried everything I can find - I have scanned my hard disk with Panda Antivirus have downloaded and run MalwareBytes I have tried changing the router channel I have tried setting the ipconfig values Nothing makes any difference When I attach the wireless adapter there is usually a message telling me the connection has quot limited or no internet access quot At this point ipconfig all shows the default values for the configuration If I try repairing the connection I am told that the process cannot continue for one reason or another though on occasion it connects when I close the message box However the adapter still shows quot acquiring IP Address quot and hangs there Here ipconfig all shows the correct configuration In both situations the only ipaddress I can ping is the host PC - the problem one Every other IP whether in numerical form such as Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi the router or alphabetical form such as google com returns either a quot timeout quot or a quot cannot find quot message and of course I cannot connect to the internet I have tried clearing the ipconfig I ve forgotten the command and followed it with ipconfig renew but that won t work I have repaired winsock using Microsoft s instructions and I have become quot war-weary quot trying to make sense of the whole thing I am trying not to have to re-install Windows XP and the associated updating of all programs so as a last resort I tried probably unsuccessfully to uninstall Edimax In the end after using Add and Remove to clear as much as possible I just deleted the complete folder from Program Files Then I installed the software for an old Belkin Wireless USB Adapter which I had lying around and tried it The outcome was exactly the same The Belkin software has one advantage however - it allows the user to opt to control the adapter through Windows though I still could not make it work I just don t know enough to solve this one Any ideas anyone BarrieC St ckM n nbsp

A:Internet Connection through Ethernet but not WiFi

Have you tried using another adapter? Or tried using the adapter on another computer? Just to rule out if the adapter is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-through-ethernet-but-not-wifi.196216/
Relevancy 81.7%

Ok about two weeks ago my laptop when connected w wifi constantly would lose connection.
I tried using an ethernet cable directly into the modem, no luck
I called my isp and they came out and gave me a new modem.
No luck
I updated the driver, no luck
I went back to a restore point, no luck
I restored to factory, no luck
Unplugged the modem/reset the modem, no luck

I don't know what else to do. I have college classes starting next week and have to have a reliable connection.

Someone please help me

A:Keep losing internet connection, wifi and ethernet

Hello, please take your laptop to a different location and test both wifi and lan, let's make a determination that the issue is really with your machine
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-losing-internet-connection-wifi-and-ethernet.1131909/
Relevancy 81.7%

My desktop is connected to a wifi network and I need to bridge to another via ethernet. I have started by selecting each network and I bridge the 2 connections, creating a bridge, but the other computer still doesn't have internet connection.

Is this possible (I would think so) and if so, what have I done wrong?

A:Bridge internet connection over ethernet from wifi

Never mind the other computer's owner was being dumb :P

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/239614-bridge-internet-connection-over-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello I am new but here goes First is your output from TSG SysInfo program Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD overrides WiFi Internet Solved: Ethernet connection Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI Z A-G MS- Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled You must realize that I live away from the city and only have an iPhone for a hot spot It connects via WiFi Bluetooth and USB I have found USB quicker but it doesn t seem to work under Windows So I connect via WiFi only The problem is I have a LAN based on a D-Link DIR- router This router has a WiFi option and has a Buffalo File server attached to the device that we use as a backup Solved: Ethernet overrides WiFi Internet connection file server and personal cloud When I am connected via WiFi and I plug in the Ethernet connection the computer overrides the WiFi and attempts to connect to the Internet via the Ethernet port It does know that the WiFi is connected as it is displayed on the bottom of the status bar as Internet but choices to ignore or not check I have gone to the devices and changed the priority to be Wireless on top and Ethernet on the bottom This is done via the quot Network and Sharing Center quot quot Change Adapter Settings quot ALT-F to get quot File Edit View Tools Advanced and Menu quot options quot Advanced quot and finally quot Advanced quot again Then put them in the priority you wish Ethernet still overrides this and times out when I attempt to access anything on the Internet It works the same on my wife s Windows Laptop It returns to normal if you unplug the Ethernet cable Since I wish to have other files available it is a pain in the bottom to have to unplug the Ethernet cable every time you change over to do something else and I usually forget and have to deal with the can t connect message It might be a simple solution to connect via WiFi to the router then hard wire the computers to the router but this hasn t been a workable option The router doesn t seem to be able to handle that type of connection but if you know how to do this it might be worth a shot Thanks for listening and I will keep an eye out for an answer I hope you can help Thanks for any help you have to give Jack nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

I m having a problem with my internet connection via wifi One day my laptop simply refused to connect The day before no problem uninstalls wifi, connection going from LAN Losing cable adapter internet Ethernet to I can connect by using the LAN cable directly connecting into Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls ADSL router but when I try without the LAN cable plugged in Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls via wifi there is no connection What I have also noticed is that the Ethernet adapter Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabyte Ethernet v does not appear load when I am not plugged in via cable This was Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls not the case when everything was working fine Even to the point that it appears when I am on cable but when I disconnect the cable the Broadcom card disappears from my Device Manager I have tried to update the driver but cannot find a higher version than anywhere Note that in the nd case with LAN cable the Broadcom Ethernet adapter appears while in the first case it doesn t Any ideas on how to resolve the Ethernet adapter issue I could not really figure out how to update the driver properly I tried downloading it from HP but the system says it cannot find a more recent version or even the one I have now Here is my Ipconfig for both cases Without LAN cable plugged in tryingt to access only via WiFi router Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May C gt ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again With LAN cable connected directly to ADSL routerC gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Filip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - - F- A- A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May Lease Expires May Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -C - C-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

A:Losing internet connection going from LAN cable to wifi, Ethernet adapter uninstalls

Hi there,

at first check out those possibilities:
When you open your network connections and go to the properties of your Lan-Connection (Cable) uncheck the box in which is says that you should be warned if this connection has low connectivity. Do that also at your wifi connection.

After that deactivate your Cable connection if you try to connect via Wifi.

greetz
Fraki

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-internet-connection-going-from-lan-cable-to-wifi-ethernet-adapter-uninstalls.568852/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys I cant connect with my Wifi but with the ethernet cable it works fine Here s my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ACER gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No connection but works, wifi Ethernet not WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media Ethernet connection works, but not wifi disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address Ethernet connection works, but not wifi - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edc d b ccb Ethernet connection works, but not wifi eaa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - B- - -C -E -D -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CC D- CF- - EB- B A C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F DDE A - FB - A-B B -DC FB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab af cc d c e c Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe af cc d c e c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - D - F -AB - B D FE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users ACER gt netsh winsock reset catalog Sucessfully reset the Winsock Catalog You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset C Users ACER gt netsh int ipv reset reset log Reseting Global OK Reseting Interface OK Restart the computer to complete this action C Users ACER gt netsh in ipv reset reset log Reseting Interface OK Restart the computer to complete this action C Users ACER gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -C -E -D -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - D- C-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe edc d b ccb eaa Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - B- - -C -E -D -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Conn... Read more

A:Ethernet connection works, but not wifi

what happens when you connect to a wireless signal ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-works-but-not-wifi.1130907/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hoping someone can help me connect to my new wifi A few days ago I just had comcast cable internet home phone installed all run through a modem router combo I ll try to post some more specific details below So TV and phone are working great And actually even the works, Ethernet but connection not wifi internet is working great I just can t connect MY laptop to the internet I can connect my iPhone and Kindle Fire w o difficulty And if I plug into the ethernet cable I can get the laptop to go the internet But when I connect to my wifi connection I end up with only a local connection On a side note the first time I tried to connect to the signal my computer asked me to set up a profile for it WLAN profile I think And I did stupidly I vaguely remember having a problem with that in the past but I had tech support at my college that fixed it I have restarted both the modem router and my computer multiple times I have tried to repair the connection with Windows I have tried tech support with comcast but they keep referring me to the computer manufacturer There is an unsecured signal nearby I CAN connect to tried out of curiosity to make sure it WASN T the laptop but I don t want to pirate so instead I stay tethered to my ft ethernet cable I have searched google and reddit to no avail I do not claim to be tech savvy but I can follow directions Ethernet connection works, but not wifi pretty well just be Ethernet connection works, but not wifi specific step-by-step Last night out of desperation I tried the Geek Squad online chat to help but I can t stomach for what I m sure is a simple problem So on to details Router modem combo--SMC network Model number SMCD GNV Encryption TKIP AES Laptop--Sony VAIO ish running Windows Vista Can anyone help nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I consider myself generally pretty knowledgeable about computers in general but these issues have me stumped.

The first problem with my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6, Windows 7) Is that the physical wireless adapter button is broken. In the off position. My first question is, is there any way to turn it back on without the button?

My second problem is that, because I have no wireless internet, I attempted to use an internet cable to plug into the wall internet at home and at school. Guess what, total failure. It says it is connected locally, but no internet connection. I tested the cable on other comps, it is good. The wall internet works fine on other computers. Obviously the wireless internet isn't interfering because its stuck on disabled. What whats the problem??

A:Issue with Ethernet connection and WiFi

This might work to turn on the wireless.

Open Network and Sharing Center
In the left pane click Manage Network Connections.
Right Click your Wireless Connection to pull up the Options box.
Should show "Enable" at the top. Click.
What does an IPCONFIG /ALL show for the wired connection?

From a JohnWill post.
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-ethernet-connection-and-wifi.1053670/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am on a Win 7 based computer. New apt, new internet connection. Old router.
Connects to net fine with an ethernet cable.
Connects to the wifi signal (strong signal) with password authentication BUT no internet access.
All my laptops are experiencing the same issue- so it does not appear to be related to the computer.
I then connected the ethernet cable to a Linksys E2000. Again, good signal, clear connection BUT no internet access.
What can I do??
IPCONFIG/ALL>myTCP.txt did not produce any results in DOS (why??)
Thanks in advance.....

A:Wifi connection issues- fine on ethernet

IPCONFIG/ALL report:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : subra-tablet
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : westell.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-5E-C0-40-B0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 0C-60-76-4A-97-6C
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7997:4b52:9da9:c46e%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.33(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:22:44 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:55:35 AM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 302801014
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-55-C9-E7-55
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::790e:7ddd:2dfe:6f71%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.30(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:26:38 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, May 04, 2014 11:56:07 AM
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 335553971
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-4D-54-A5-00-26-55-C9-E7-55

PPP adapter Broadband Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadband Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 117.202.95.249(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.147
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F6FA6232-213B-4DE8-A4CA-916428E73370}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:75ca:5ff9::75ca:5ff9(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.14... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-connection-issues-fine-on-ethernet.202175/
Relevancy 67.08%

When I restart my computer I will have internet for 4-5 minutes in Chrome or IE then it's gone. I must restart computer to connect again.  It does the same thing whether connected with ethernet or wifi. I also tried it at multiple locations also to rule out it being the internet at home and office.   This started when it did an update a couple days ago.  I have a few days of warranty left and would like to diagnose asap in case it needs to be shipped in for repairs.  Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z70-80-Wifi-amp-Ethernet-connection-problems-intermittent/td-p/3392743
Relevancy 67.08%

I have two desktop computers The old How over to up network? WiFi ethernet set preference connection one running Windows XP and the new one running Windows My goal is to set up a shared folder between them so that I can copy large files from XP How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? machine to Win and back Both desktops had ethernet ports so I connected them via a quot How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? patch cord quot ethernet cable I then followed this tutorial to set up the sharing How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? part https www youtube com watch v BET mYyqZ It works but when I was transfering a GB folder from XP to it took almost hrs to do that So it made me think that ethernet is not that slow is it The thing is that both computers are connected to the same WiFi router for the Internet connection so it seems like the transfer of this large folder was carried out over slower WiFi connection instead of the ethernet cable So my question is how do I make it quot prefer quot or use the ethernet connection for this shared folder

A:How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network?

Quote: Originally Posted by dc2000

Both desktops had ethernet ports, so I connected them via a "patch cord" ethernet cable.

Did you connect a single cable between the two computer?
e.g. one end of the cable connects to one computer
the other end of that same cable connects to the other computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382620-how-set-up-ethernet-connection-preference-over-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My Sharing via ethernet connection to computer a WiFi another ISP provides service only via I use laptop A most of the time The captive portal for the service provider only allows one login per account at a time The policy is intended to prevent multiple people sharing one account It's just me I'm the only user but very occasionally I'd like to have a nd laptop access Sharing a WiFi connection to another computer via ethernet the internet simultaneously No abuse just the simple convenience of not having to logout from A if I need to use B for seconds What I want to set up seems simple and it probably is WiFi Internet lt --- gt Laptop A lt --- gt ethernet cable lt --- gt Laptop B such that Laptop B can share A's active WiFi connection without having to request its own unique address from the ISP At present Laptop A has its network interfaces set up so - WiFi is connected active functional Selected the quot Yes turn on sharing and connect to devices quot in sidebar - Under the wired network properties IP Version I manually set addresses to be IP Subnet Gateway Laptop B has only a wired network set to IP Subnet Gateway A amp B can connect directly to each other share folders etc What do I need to do in order to get laptop B to transparently use A's WiFi connection My guess is that A needs to be set up to do some routing between the internet side and the subnet and B needs to be set up to look to A as its quot ISP quot but I don't know where to begin Thank you

A:Sharing a WiFi connection to another computer via ethernet

What you want is to be able to create an ad hoc connection wirelessly. You may want to look into this post and see if this solves your problem however please note that it may not work due to your ethernet connection in between though I am not entirely sure since I have not tried this...

How To Create Wireless Ad Hoc Internet Connection In Windows 8

Note
You will need a crossover cat5e or cat6 ethernet cable if you are connecting two computers together

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26707-sharing-wifi-connection-another-computer-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently purchased a Nintendo WiFi connector so i could take my DS on-line. It it set up and running on my pc after running the setup disk but it is now conflicting with my XBOX360 connected to my PC through an Ethernet cable.

When testing my connection my xbox is unable to establish an IP Address (DHCP error). Assigning IP addresses to the xbox or wifi does not appear to work, and the WiFi is not happy about a bridged connection with it and the XBOX .

From what i can see DHCP is not on for my XBOX lan connection.

How would i get both the WiFi and Xbox to connect to my pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-conflicting-with-local-connection-wifi-and-ethernet.576012/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Dual Boot Ubuntu Windows something I did in Ubuntu had consequences over my connections EVERYTHING works fine on Linux But as title said not a single connection on W No WiFi no Ethernet not even tethering by USB over USB No tetheri Ethernet, connection? Troubleshotting ZERO No No WiFi, my Galaxy But these works fine on Ubuntu Why I saw my WiFi and Ethernet Adapter on Device Manager they seems up to date I update them with drivers already from computer so that might mean nothing Troubleshotting ZERO connection? No WiFi, No Ethernet, No USB tetheri Here is ipconfig Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe df ead decc Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface FB- - -A E -D E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B F-B - F - CCD-FA F AF B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap B F CA-AB - EF - D - B B BAC EA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap E E -F E - C A-BE -BD C BB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Windows system gt And I add screenshot of Device Manager I also went to the BIOS but did not find Built-in Network card setting Keyboard switch for WiFi is locked down too I have look at different threads and post but I cannot find relating content Help me please I have to submitted my project version at the end of the next week and I need to work right now or my internship is gonna turn bad Thanks

A:Troubleshotting ZERO connection? No WiFi, No Ethernet, No USB tetheri

screenshot upload test 2 :

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/291384-troubleshotting-zero-connection-no-wifi-no-ethernet-no-usb-tetheri.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Good morning,

Last night I had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home because of some corrupted files. While in the process of setting up I selected to connect to the Internet with my 'Wifi' connection. Prior to reinstalling Win 10 I had always used my 'Ethernet' connection

My Ethernet is still wired but I can't figure out how to enable that and disable my 'wireless' connection?

Any easy to understand directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
2harts4ever

A:how to go from WiFi Connection to Ethernet in Win10 Home?

Once you plug in the ethernet cable it should switch over from wifi to LAN automatically.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67550-how-go-wifi-connection-ethernet-win10-home.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Network on my Lenovo Yoga running W8.1 works fine over both wireless and Ethernet (USB dongle).

I have an iMac initiating a Remote Desktop connection to the Yoga via a direct Ethernet cable between the devices. Everything works fine on the W8.1 device except the WiFi can no longer connect to any access points and thus the Yoga has no Internet/network access--it just fails immediately when I select an access point for connection.

I do see an Event ID 8000 from NETwNe64 around the time of this failure; not sure if it's the same cause.

If I log back into the Yoga (and thus break the Remote Desktop Ethernet connection and take over that session), wireless works perfectly again. Thus it is clear that WiFi is only down when the device is accessed via RDP over Ethernet.

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot?

A:WiFi fails on W8.1 with Ethernet Remote Desktop Connection

Try something for me, when you launch your RDP session go back into your wireless and see if it will prompt you for a security key.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/50653-wifi-fails-w8-1-ethernet-remote-desktop-connection.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I am connected to one Router. However, when connected wirelessly, I see there is a network name 'MikroTik- Mohammad'. However, when I am connected with a wired cable, I see the network name as 'MikroTik-BCEDB'. As a result, when I am connected wirelessly and via wired cable to the same router, I see two network names, although I am connected to one router. This is strange.

How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Network name?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64481-how-merge-ethernet-wifi-connection-network-names-one-name.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I've just purchase a Lenovo Y700. I'd prefer to connect via ethernet to the business centre lan than via wifi. Unfortunately, when I switch the Y700 on, the ethernet connection lights flash for a few seconds, then a small red light below and to the left of the ethernet connector starts flashing and I seem to get forced over to wifi. If I go into network settings and disable the wifi, I still can't get the system to recognise the ethernet cable's plugged in. I've tested the cable and the lan socket on another PC. Both work. What do I need to do to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-Y700-Ethernet-connection-overriden-by-wifi/td-p/3347690
Relevancy 66.22%

As per the picture and title I have a windows with a wifi card for internet access I have an XP tower right next to it connected via ethernet cable to the Both XP and are professional editions bits I want the XP to have internet access like a normal computer through this set up Side story to this set up They're both Dell Poweredge s I acquired that I use as workhorses for processing high volumes of data They're located in my basement and the router is on the third floor therefore wifi They are remotely controlled from the third floor where my office is This is all home not for business professional The poweredges have a gig per second ethernet port and I mean to share lets of data back n forth between them so the ethernet cross-cable is crucial Can this be done Could you walk me through it I've tried to solve it from different angles without any success so far I've tried ICS without success I think all that came out of that was shared folders between the two PCs I've ethernet connection wifi with with XP card Windows share 7 to tried bridging the WiFi LAN which disables ICS Nothing Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP worked so far Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP so I probably missed a step or did something wrong Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 with wifi card connection to share ethernet with XP

Highlight both of them and rightclick the wifi one and pick bridge.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378198-windows-7-wifi-card-connection-share-ethernet-xp.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi! My hp laptop doesn't get signal from my belkin wireless router. It picks up my neighbor's unsecured signals, but mine says "local only". My ipod touch doesnt get any problem picking up my router's signal. I can only use the internet when i connect my ethernet cable. I don't see any problem with my router (coz the ipod picks it up), as well as my laptop (it picks up other signals!) so it's so frustrating!!! i also checked if it's compatible with vista (it is!) so i have no idea why they're not connecting!!!

my OS is vista
HP laptop
Belkin router...

im sorry but im not much of a techie... if you need more info, just send me a message here please.

any help is much appreciated.

thanks

A:my laptop doesnt get wifi connection from my router, only thru ethernet

Hi Jhaenine,

The problem seems to be with the wireless computer only. Because the other wireless device shows connected to the wireless network. To isolate this issue, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks (on the left hand side of the page).
2. Remove all the preferred wireless networks if any listed on the page.
3. Click on Connect to a network > select your wireless network and click connect.
4. Type in the proper wireless security keys if prompted, that would show successfully connected to the wireless network.
5. Try going online and that should work. If the problem persists, please follow the steps given below:

1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Connections (on the left hand side of the page) > Right click on Wireless Network Connection > Properties > Highlight Internet Protoco Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) > Properties.
2. Select "use the following ip address" > type in the ip address in the range of 192.168.2.xxx (Where x refers to 2 to 254) > Subnet mask will be automatically 255.255.255.0 and type in the default gateway as 192.168.2.1
3. Select "use the following DNS" > type in 4.2.2.1 in the preferred and 4.2.2.2 in the alternate DNS and click ok and ok.

That must work.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-doesnt-get-wifi-connection-from-my-router-only-thru-ethernet.883401/
Relevancy 64.93%

Dear all laptop Lenovo X s G L OS version windows Vista business Sp tcpip sys version wifi Intel AGN Standard Gigabyte intel ethernet MM At my homes using ADSL routers there are absolutely no problems with network connection by network BSOD related wifi/ Vista in ethernet Tcpip.sys either at connection wifi or ethernet However blue screen occurs when I bring this laptop to university and connect to the network via either ethernet or wifi This happened to me a few months back It crashed EVERY TIME when a network connection was attempted It did not matter whether I updated my drivers on both wifi or ethernet cards Whenever I bring it to either of my homes no blue screen ever occurs It also happens when I attempt to connect to free wifi network in the airport It crashes again with EXACTLY Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection the same problem I have to admit that I do not even where to start looking for the problems System restore did not solve this either I ran the WinBug analysis It pointed towards tcpip sys My sys ver is at the top of this message I have now attached minidump for your kinda reference Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection Would appreciate if someone can point this to the right direction I am seriously thinking of downgrading this to XP since it had NEVER happened to XP Thanks WinBuG analysis Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users vincentyip Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre vistasp gdr - Kernel base x b PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Jan GMT Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F d Unable to load image dne sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for dne sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dne sys Unable to load image Epfwndis sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for Epfwndis sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Epfwndis sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for epfw sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for epfw sys Probably caused by tcpip sys tcpip WfpAuditEventGeneral cb Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP M f This means a trap occurred in kernel mode and it's a trap of a kind that the kernel isn't allowed to have catch bound trap or that is always instant death double fault The first number in the bugcheck params is the number of the trap double fault etc Consult an Intel x family manual to learn more about what these traps are Here is a portion of those codes If kv shows a taskGate use tss on the part before the colon then kv Else if kv shows a trapframe use trap on that value Else trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken on x this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap Endif kb will then show the corrected stack Arguments Arg EXCEPTION DOUBLE FAULT Arg d Arg Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x f CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID COMMON SYSTEM FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from a c da to f c STACK TEXT cf a c da cf nt SeReportSecurityEventWithSubCategory xe cf c a cb f cf dc a d tcpip WfpAuditEventGeneral x cb cf a d cf cf tcpip KfdAuditEvent x cf dc a c cf e cf tcpip IndicateDropAudit x ac cf e a cddb c d cf e tcpip ShimIndicateDiscard x e cf c a b c cf e cf tcpip ShimIndicateDiscardGeneral x cf f a tcpip Wf... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/204686-tcpip-sys-related-bsod-vista-either-wifi-ethernet-network-connection.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am connected to my office computers through LAN cable which does not have any internet access and is used only for the purpose of sharing folders and using accounting software from the local server in my office directly connected to all computers through
LAN.
Now i want to use the public WiFi available in my office for internet access. But when i connect to it, the internet does not work.
I have to disable the LAN to use internet which makes me disconnected from my office computers.

Please give me advice to use both networking from LAN and internet from WIFI at the same time.

I am using windows 7 professional 64bit.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6b8e215-8000-440a-a991-dce0a6e855d5/networking-through-ethernet-and-internet-through-wifi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.64%

Okay, so I'm new to the forums.

When I connect to ethernet and use wifi simultaneously the wifi turns off and says No Internet Access. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thanks.

A:Wifi No Internet Access When Using Ethernet

Quote: Originally Posted by Syrexide

Okay, so I'm new to the forums.

When I connect to ethernet and use wifi simultaneously the wifi turns off and says No Internet Access. I am using a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thanks.

The wireless dropping out may be a completely different problem but there is a Group Policy setting to enable both connections at start up.

Windows doesn't typically use both connections at once and it defaults to the faster connection if both are enabled which is usually Ethernet connection, but if you want the wireless to connect automatically at boot up and stay connected with the Ethernet connection there is setting you need to disable in Group Policy.

Go to start/run type in gpedit.msc. Navigate to the following location

Administrative templates/Network/Windows Connection Manager . The setting Minimize the number of simultaneous connections to the internet.

For more than one connection to stay connected reliably this setting needs to be disabled.

I've been using this Policy to test wireless signals with my Ethernet connected and it does work so that both connections are enabled at start up and they both stay up.

I had to connect the wireless manually on start up most of the time before I changed this setting.

If the wireless issue persists, then please to install InSSIDer from the link and post the results here so I can take a look at the wireless landscape in your area.

inSSIDer for Home ? Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314257-wifi-no-internet-access-when-using-ethernet.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi For about years I have had the ability at my work place to access the LAN from my desktop via an Ethernet connection and at the same time access the internet via Wifi to a router DSL connection I just switched to Fios which means a Wifi internet and LAN not ethernet now working together new router Now for some reason I cannot have both connections functioning at the same time When they are both running -I cannot access internet Wifi connects just fine strong signal etc but browser can t find any addresses If I unplug the Ethernet LAN cable the browser - internet access is fine -I cannot print to a LAN network printer though I can still access the server on the LAN and run programs that are located on the server If I disable the Wifi I can print to a network printer fine I really need to be able to do both again E g when I am away my desktop will need to be connected to the internet so I can connect to it via Logmein and access files programs on the server Here is a printout of quot ipconfig all quot from my desktop Windows IP Configuration Host Name DOCTOR Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - D- -C - - Dhcp Enabled No IP LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - E-E - C-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday August AM Lease Expires Friday August AM A few years back I wrote down some ipconfig info - this is when things were working well Windows IP Configuration Host Doctor Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection IP Address Subnet Mask Ethernet Adapter Wireless Network IP Address Subnet Thank you so much nbsp

A:LAN ethernet and Wifi internet not working together now

More information:
OS on my desktop: XP Home SP3
OS on computer connected to router that is Wifi source for my desktop (internet access) - XP Home SP3
OS on server (LAN, ethernet) - XP Pro SP3

ipconfig /all for computer connected to router (internet access)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : AESCA

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-07-E9-73-57-FA

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.103

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, August 08, 2013 11:10:26 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, August 09, 2013 11:10:26 AM

ipconfig /all for the server (connects to my desktop via Ethernet cable)

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SERVER

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-64-04-C8-34

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.101

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Thank you!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-ethernet-and-wifi-internet-not-working-together-now.195144/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have been using my ASUS X53E laptop on the WiFi at my university for the past 4 months with no problems connecting to the internet. A few days ago, my internet suddenly started going in and out. It will work alright for about an hour, and then it will stop working completely, even though it says my WiFi connection is still "excellent". However, when I plugged in an ethernet cable, it has been working perfectly with no problems.
No one else around me has been having problems with the WiFi - it's just me. Any ideas?

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all I've got two computers in my room a Toshiba laptop and a desktop computer both running W I built via wifi ethernet internet Sharing a few months ago The laptop gets great wifi reception bars while the desktop struggles to get one bar I want to connect the laptop to the PC via ethernet and use the laptop's internet connection I'm having troubles doing this Here's Sharing wifi internet via ethernet what I've done thus far Disabled the desktop's wifi Enabled quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot on the laptop's ethernet card Plugged in the cable This is where I hit the brick wall On both computers it comes up as quot unidentified network quot I try creating a homegroup on the desktop but I encounter an error quot Windows could not set the network settings quot and quot You can try to change this setting later in the Network and Sharing Center quot I look in the Network and Sharing Center and it says quot Homegroup Joined quot as if no error occurred at all So I try to join the homegroup on the laptop It says quot Larry from LARRY-PC has created a homegroup quot so it recognises it but then it says quot Windows could not setup a homegroup on this computer quot when I try to put in the password I start the HomeGroup Troubleshooter and it troubleshoots network problems After that it says quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration Fixed quot So then I try joining it again and get the same issue I go through the HomeGroup Troubleshooter again and I click quot the problem is not fixed quot and get a list of problems I don't have What can I do Sorry for the long thread tried to be as specific as possible Thanks in advance Larry

A:Sharing wifi internet via ethernet

Quote:
Enabled "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" on the laptop's ethernet card.

No, it is the Laptop's wireless connection that you're sharing (the Laptop's actual connection to the internet). When you do this, Windows will give the Laptop's Local Area Connection the IP address 192.168.0.1 and the "Client" PC gets its IP address automatically by DHCP from the Laptop.

Because "Internet Connection Sharing" uses the 192.168.0.0 Subnet (the Host PC has the address 192.168.0.1 and allocates addresses to Client computers in the range 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254), your router needs to be operating in a different Subnet to avoid an IP addressing conflict. If the third 'octet' (number) of your router's own IP address is "0", change it to 1 or 2 etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/48278-sharing-wifi-internet-via-ethernet.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best [email protected] THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK [email protected]@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED [email protected]:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]@[email protected] 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello everyone I am having an issue I attempted installed zonealarm free a few days ago when I woke up I saw that it said the installation failed Yet still I saw zonealarm listed as a new program that was installed I also can unable to connect to the internet I changed the settings of zonealarm from high to medium but still no internet I uninstalled zonealarm and even used the clean exe zonealarm tool no internet I manually went ahead and removed via or connect ethernet wifi to internet to Unable as many zone Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet alarm components as possible but still no internet I have done various elevated command prompts net sh etc However for the reset one it always says reset failed Ip and Ip in a not connected state and all wifi networks say limited as well as Ethernet connections I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers Also I have no system restore points available When the issue Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet was first present my last restore point was Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet Office preview which I had installed two hours or so before zonealarm Zonealarm never had a restore point Since trying to troubleshoot this issue all my restore points have been erased I am going insane Can you guys please help me to figure out how to fix this Thanks in advance for your help Laptop Sony Vaio Flip OS Windows Professional Wireless Card Intel Wireless N

A:Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet

System Restore to before you installed Zonealarm.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66161-unable-connect-internet-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a windows 7 machine that disconnects from the Internet intermittedly. The problem occurs with an Ethernet connection or a wifi connection. I've run a number of anti-malware programs and nothing helped.

A:Internet Disconnects and reconnects both Ethernet or wifi

Does this happen on only your Computer or do you have others connected with same issue ?
If you are the only one connected try another Pc or Laptop and see if error reproduces.
I would think it would be a Modem Router issue , also check lines and filters etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575795/internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-both-ethernet-or-wifi/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have my Home Security System, ip cameras... On a router and going to ethernet
my laptop
On that same laptop I connect wirelessy from my internet modem. but I get an error message saying that Multiple Networks have been detected. To configure the router correctly to solve the problem.

I have seen the internet working , with the additional router. Then it just blinks out and I get a message saying no internet available.

Something that should be simple to fix or maby I should just buy a USB wifi adapter instead of using the Ethernet Cable from my Modem or router. 2 wifi -connections instead of wifi- Ethernet connections. If that is possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380910-ethernet-port-lan-wifi-internet-same-laptop.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Something strange happened This morning at my Dell laptop quot Wi-Fi quot changed from quot Wi-Fi quot to quot Wi-Fi quot and my Ethernet is now quot Ethernet quot Now I cannot connect to the Internet through Ethernet which is my only option where I am which is at home and the Wi-Fi networks that used to show up on the list because I am within range don t show up anymore I cannot even turn Wi Fi on since it is grayed out under quot Networks quot Specifically it now says quot Dell Wireless b g n GHZ quot on the Device Manager I tried to delete the from quot Wi-Fi quot on the Network Connections page but Laptop or connect Internet to ethernet Wifi with won't it says quot cannot rename this connection A connection with the name you specified already exists quot So the original Wi-Fi Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi and Ethernet are still there somewhere but where Why did they disappear How can I get them back Here is some system information Windows edition Processor Intel Core i - U GHz GHz -bit operating system I restored my system to March but that didn t work Any help would be Laptop won't connect to Internet with ethernet or Wifi greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I'm puzzled by this situation. I have tested internet speed on Ethernet (~20 Mbps), but when I'm connected via wifi network, it drops down to ~11 Mbps Can someone please explain this to me? The speed is same on all wireless devices even when I sitting next to the wifi router.

Cable Modem: DPC 100r2
WiFi Router: NetGear WGR614 v7 (on DD-WRT)

Thanks!

Relevancy 62.78%

First, Sorry about my English. I have a question.
I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet). Window can't not access internet although Wifi still work well. When i Disable Ethernet, Window access Internet normaly. Please help!

A:Window can't access Internet when use both Wifi and Ethernet.

Originally Posted by springriver

First, Sorry about my English. I have a question.
I use Win 10 Pro, when i use both Wifi( have Internet) and Ethernet( In Local have not Internet). Window can't not access internet although Wifi still work well. When i Disable Ethernet, Window access Internet normaly. Please help!

Check your ethernet cable if its working properly and check if it is using static ip if there's an IP try to change it to Obtain IP automatically then try to reconnect your ethernet cable again.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62033-window-cant-access-internet-when-use-both-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all!

I have a problem with my university internet. I can connect fine through wireless, no problems at all.
However when I attempt to use my ethernet cable, I have a connection for 5-10 seconds before any webpage I attempt to access is directed to a portal to log in with my university ID and password. Once I do so and the portal has confirmed that I have access (the user/pass has worked), the display page tells me to retry my original URL, however the internet connection does not work and I am not able to access anything. Any help? Thanks!

I have gone to the help center at my school and they were unable to help me

Relevancy 62.35%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have verizon Fios internet service. Here's a screen shot of my cellphone, using wifi and a screenshot of my computer using ethernet cable and actiontec powerline network adapters.
How can I change the ethernet speed to match the wifi speed?

A:verizon Fios: wifi and ethernet, 2 different internet speeds

FIOS is the best Internet service available in the US and you are lucky to have it. The discrepancy between wired & wireless throughput is legendary and there are lots of comments about it. In general the cause is obscure in most cases - wireless throughput is subject to all sorts of issues that are not present with a wired connection. In general you should not expect wireless speeds to match wired speeds - there are just too many variables in play with wireless. For instance, a fish tank can suck up wireless signals like a sponge, as can a steel beam or a large flatscreen TV.

To get more info on your situation post all your details on this forum:

FiOS Internet - Verizon Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277896-verizon-fios-wifi-ethernet-2-different-internet-speeds.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have recently set up two Pc's down stairs next to each other. The plan was to use them for gaming but for the life of me i cannot get Ethernet & wifi to work at the same time.

Each Pc has its own wifi but gaming over wifi is slow and file transfers are painful. I can get it working but after around 5 min it will start defaulting all of traffic to the wifi.

I have tried over the last week everything I could find online. Renewing, flushing, sharing internet through one etc.

I have done an ipconfig /all on both machines whilst it was working then after it stops done at again but when I compared the results I cannot see any difference. :/

Any help would be awesome at this stage.

A:Ethernet gaming (crossover cable) with wifi internet.

Ovbious question perhaps but why not just use Ethernet for the one being used for gaming?
Plug in Ethernet, turn off WiFi.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72567-ethernet-gaming-crossover-cable-wifi-internet.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Any idea chaps why my laptop connects to the internet over wifi but not if I connect the ehternet cable directly into the back?
I have checked that the driver is installed (I think) and also that the box is ticked to allocate IP address automatically...

Relevancy 62.35%

So this might be pretty long but this is all that has wifi drivers/internet/ethernet port connect No to to happened so far So my laptop which is a HP DM it was fine nd No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi everything but it would shut itself off but i had it plugged in and everything then when i went to turn it bck on it said to put a recovery disc No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi so i went on my mom's laptop nd downloaded that nd burned it and used it It reinstalled Windows but when it would No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi boot up it would look like Windows but the log on screen nd home screen would look like Windows XP so i been downloading drivers since i dnt have most the stuff i need nd i got Areo nd it looks like Windows again but the clock nd those icons still look like XP like it shows a computer instead of wifi bars So problem is now that my internet button doesnt work for wifi nd there is no networks to connect too nd some drivers are missing which ive tried so many things nd not getting anywhere Idk what i did though but out of the times i was trying to download windows i finally got windows home premium up but it was all black nd said it was an ungenuine copy nd was on a temporary account nd everything would get deleted after logging off After i shut dwn it made me reinstall windows nd now ive tried to get bck to the black screen one but it just goes ito the XP looking one

A:No drivers/internet/ethernet port to connect to wifi

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. No idea where you Downloaded Windows from .. But it looks like a corrupt Install .. Your should start again .. Read the Link below and follow the Instructions step by step .. Every thing is in the Link you need to get the perfect Install including the Link for the Download ISO for Windows .. If you Post the exact Model Number of your Laptop ... I will find any Drivers that are missing after the Re-install .. Windows should find most of them if you run the Updates ..
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335432-no-drivers-internet-ethernet-port-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Everyone,

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 7 installed on it. As it's been 5-6 years since i got the laptop, it has gotten really slow, so i decided to do a mass uninstalling wave and it really got faster! But the isue is I don't know why, after that, my ethernet connection says Active and the cable is plugged in as always but I have no access to Internet, and worse, the Wifi is disactivated, and when I try to activate it the screen turns blue and the laptop restarts.

I prefer a slow laptop to a internetless laptop haha,

Thanks for your help

A:Internet connexion problems using Ethernet and wifi, not activating

The blue screen you are getting is called "Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)" and there is a dedicated section for it in the forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/

Read also Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/370569-internet-connexion-problems-using-ethernet-wifi-not-activating.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello My laptop recently got a horrible virus which I managed to fix despite being a girl However One of the remaining side effects of the virus is that it will not scan for wireless networks - every time I try it says quot Windows cannot configure this wireless connection quot and quot If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection start the Wireless Zero Configuration WZC service quot So I can currently only - will the scanning My has laptop wifi stopped internet ethernet cable only allow for connect to the internet using an ether net cable which is very restricting as it means I can t take my laptop to a cafe etc Things I ve tried gt Turning it on and off again - yes - in every way - the router the laptop the cabelling all of it gt Other laptops - I have had friends bring their laptops round and they have been able to scan for and connect to my wireless network - so the problem is definitely with my laptop gt System Restore - I have tried to restore back to the week before the laptop got the virus but this has not solved the problem Could it be that My laptop has stopped scanning for wifi - only the ethernet cable will allow internet the virus made my computer go into some kind of emergency attack mode and then the firewall got effected Any advice would be very gratefully received - thanks in advance for your help It is a Toshiba A - laptop running Windows XP xx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-has-stopped-scanning-for-wifi-only-the-ethernet-cable-will-allow-internet.951187/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have been having a problem the Sony internet won't ethernet) or to (wifi Laptop connect Vaio for a few weeks now and nothing I ve done or come across seems to solve the issue Basically when I try and connect to my wifi netgear router I get a very strong signal but local only access amp an unidentified network I have my desktop amp more laptops running off this router so it can t be that After failing to connect to wifi I tried to use an ethernet connection to try and update my drivers in hope that would fix the wifi problem After plugging the ethernet Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) in I was in exactly the same position I kept getting Identifying appear in network connections which then turned to unidentified and wouldn t allow me to connect to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) the internet either The laptop is about - years old I think so I did update the drivers but that didn t do anything either any help would be appreciated Thanks Forgot to Sony Vaio Laptop won't connect to the internet (wifi or ethernet) mention my os is vista nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Firstly let me apologise if this question is repeated elsewhere but I could not find anything identical to it I have an Acer laptop WiFi Ethernet Whilst Connected Can't Cable Browse Internet and connect from this to the internet via Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected a CDMA connection provided by the local I live in Thailand version of a Novatel MiFi modem This works just fine for internet Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected browsing and I simultaneously use P P software to download UK TV stuff I also have a wired network in my house and on this I have a Gb NAS drive There is a wireless router on the network but I am outside of it's range When I connect the network cable to connect to the NAS drive I am no longer able to browse the internet BUT the P P software still carries on working as before So therefore my laptop is still connected to the internet via the Wifi network So why does my browser think otherwise Normally I use Google Chrome but I have also tried IE and this suffers from the same fate Can't Browse WiFi Internet Whilst Ethernet Cable Connected Any suggestions would be much appreciated Alan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/cant-browse-wifi-internet-whilst-ethernet-cable-connected-601433.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi i have a Toshiba Satellite computer and my wifi doesnt work, it used to but it stopped all of a sudden.
https://gyazo.com/984c41491a3603c408f40cc4446008df

A:Toshiba Laptop internet only works through Ethernet Cable, NO WIFI

Reinstall your wifi driver from offcial toshiba website. Or you can check your all driver updated or not. To easily check all driver just download advanced driver updater to update WiFi and other driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590272/toshiba-laptop-internet-only-works-through-ethernet-cable-no-wifi/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 61.49%

OK I'm trying to switch from wireless to a faster ethernet cable based internet access I use a Dell Optiplex bit OS Windows I'm does connection works, internet internet not Ethernet connection USB the utilizing Comcast high speed internet supplier a LinkSys E wireless router a LinkSys WUMC wireless-ac universal media connector with promises faster connections speeds with ethernet cable OUT to the ONLY ethernet port card supplied USB internet connection works, Ethernet internet connection does not Network Connector RJ- on the rear of the small form factor tower when I run the PC with USB wireless Linksys AE it works fine but I hope for an improvement with the LinkSys WUMC inserted in the chain the Network Adapter found in Device Manager is the Intel R DM- Gigabit Network Connection This DOES NOT work with the ethernet cable connection error WAN Miniport problem even when I uninstall this driver it reinstalls upon Windows restart which is contrary to some of the suggested fix posts I've found in on-line forums dealing with these types of issues I'm thinking it may be a missing driver for the ethernet port Network Connector RJ- but I am neither a USB internet connection works, Ethernet internet connection does not hardware nor IT tech therefor I have no idea what driver I would SPECIFCICALLY require ofr this port nor can I discern the particular ethernet card that came factory installed on this machine I have consulted the Dell site and lo amp behold they don't endorse using Windows on the Optiplex so the only driver updates downloads are listed for endorsed OS's XP amp Vista so no answers there I'm also keenly aware that my guesstimate could be completely horribly wrong anyone have any suggestions a workaround or a classic fix for this it quot feels quot as though mine may be a simple problem that I've just never run into before Thank You in advance

A:USB internet connection works, Ethernet internet connection does not

Let's start with some basic information:

Please post two Device Manager screen shots for your Ethernet device

Double Click the device to open the properties page
1) General tab: shows the status
2) Details tab: Hardware Ids
>> scroll down to Hardware Ids on the Property drop down box

Please see http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/9733-screenshots-files-upload-post-seven-forums.html for the preferred method of posting files and images on Sevenforums

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319486-usb-internet-connection-works-ethernet-internet-connection-does-not.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey there Have been having this problem for a while I'll try to make a long story short I'm on a personal build computer running x chipset Originally installed Windows Have upgraded to and then anniversary devices other working internet wifi loses stop and Desktop (ethernet) addition The problems started once I upgraded to Windows When the computer goes idle for the day leave for work come home later in the day the desktop which is connected via ethernet has lost it's connection and will only come back after Desktop loses internet (ethernet) and other wifi devices stop working a reboot Troubleshooting doesn't work and trying to disable and re-enable the NIC card doesn't work Once the desktop loses its connection every device that is connected via wifi will show that it is connected but will not load anything As soon as I reboot the desktop everything works fine I DO NOT need to reboot the modem or router I have searched over and over and over and have determined it is not a modem problem comcast eMTA in bridge mode or a router problem Asus RT-AC P so it must be a driver problem for my NIC card I cannot for the life of me find a Marvell Yukon E windows supported driver to see if that is the issue Maybe there are settings in the NIC card properties I need to change Any help would be appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59729-desktop-loses-internet-ethernet-other-wifi-devices-stop-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings!

I have an internet connection which is distributed through a wireless router. I use my laptop's (which also has a LAN adapter) WiFi to connect to that router. I have a PC too which only has LAN adapter but not the Wireless adapter.

Unfortunately I cannot wire my place as the router is in my housemate's room. I have network cables though to connect my PC and my laptop. Can I access Internet on my PC using connection between my laptop and PC and my laptop being connected to the Internet via WiFi?

I have DHCP enabled on my WiFi laptop. I am not sure what do I need to do and if I need to give static IP's to all the computers?

Thanks,
AJ
PS - I can access the router settings and I can change those settings unless it hampers my other house-mates to use the Internet.

A:Laptop (wifi Internet w/ethernet facility) connect to PC through CAT5 cable

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wifi-internet-w-ethernet-facility-connect-to-pc-through-cat5-cable.671427/
Relevancy 61.06%

As stated in the title, the Network icon on the taskbar in the bottom right, always shows the disconnected Ethernet, even while I am connected to wifi. I've also tried connecting it via the Ethernet port, and it still shows the disconnected Ethernet icon. Also, not sure if this is related or not, but at every boot, windows tries to install an unidentified-unnamed device. I will post screenshots of the problems.

Here's the screenshots.

A:Internet Taskbar Icon shows Ethernet unplugged when connected via wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by NickFizzer

As stated in the title, the Network icon on the taskbar in the bottom right, always shows the disconnected Ethernet, even while I am connected to wifi. I've also tried connecting it via the Ethernet port, and it still shows the disconnected Ethernet icon. Also, not sure if this is related or not, but at every boot, windows tries to install an unidentified-unnamed device. I will post screenshots of the problems.

Here's the screenshots.

If you can post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all it will help me to see the adaptor that is causing the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263531-internet-taskbar-icon-shows-ethernet-unplugged-when-connected-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 60.63%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My WiFi adapter was recently snapped off my PC, so I've chosen to go the corded route. I've got lights on the router and connection light on the bback of my PC, but no internet connection. I run my troubleshoot and get a message stating "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter." Any help would be appreciated.

A:No internet connection to PC through ethernet.

Have you got a cd with drivers that came with the pc mb the driver will be on there

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/124531-no-internet-connection-pc-through-ethernet.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Please tell me how to fix my internet-connection problem Recently I got a used-laptop Dell Inspiron which was pre-installed with Windows XP When I plugged my ethernet cord to the back of the computer for the st time it would immediately connect to the internet Of course it was already set-up to detect the ethernet LAN line cord which I connected to the back of the computer The computer from Ebay and when I noticed the Ebay-seller left hidden accounts files on that computer I hastily re-installed Windows XP Pro SP on the laptop to completely wipe all the hidden folders files off the hard disk because I didn t know how to delete otherwise Ever since I re-installed Windows XP SP on that computer it won t connect me (LAN/Ethernet) Please problem? internet-connection help with to the internet via Mozilla or whatever else I use as a browser It won t let me access the internet even with the ethernet cord connected to it My internet-connection was lost as soon as I re-installed Windows XP Please tell me how to make my Laptop computer instantly detect the ethernet card or drivers like it did before I wiped it s memory amp re-installed XP on it Why can t it detect my LAN Ethernet cord anymore Please help me with internet-connection (LAN/Ethernet) problem? Would any of you please tell me how to make it instantly connect to the internet without me having to type in my IP address or static-address amp ect in the quot Network Connections quot section of my WinXP Please help me with internet-connection (LAN/Ethernet) problem? Control Panel nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

HI, to start off, I have had windows 7 7100 on my computer for a while (internet was working), but then decided to have windows 7 7600 x64 now. But when i installed that and tried to activate it, I just get stuck at the "verifying pool data" screen. So I went and installed windows 7 7600 x32 but now the problem is I have no internet connection. It tells me I have no connection, so I go into device manager and in others the ethernet controller wasnt installed for some reason. My wireless works but my ethernet port doesnt work. I have tried to find everything I can but nothing works. Can someone help me please. I am running windows 7 x32 now, and I have a custom built pc. Motherboard: Biostar TA690G AM2 CPU: ADM Athlon 64 x2 dual core and the ethernet controller is onboard: realtek 8111B(PCI-E).

A:no ethernet controller, no internet connection

Hello Ghettoeffect, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Have you already installed the latest 7.003 Windows 7 driver version below for your Realtek network adapter?

Realtek

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19488-no-ethernet-controller-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

First of all thanks for anyone taking to time to look at my post I m trying to fix my mother s computer and have been for a few days now albeit not with great determination or time investments and I have an issue that I m not quite sure what to do She has a Connection/Ethernet Internet Drivers Compaq Mini CQ - DX running Windows It seems whenever the computer tries to connect wirelessly to any router I have tried at least it gives the limited connectivity error So the first thing I tried to do was directly connect it to our router via an ethernet cable The Internet Connection/Ethernet Drivers ethernet port lights up but it s a no-go on the internet connection So my first thought was to try to reinstall the ethernet drivers It did not work so I decided to reinstall all network drivers That also did not work My next thought was to do a release-renew on IP which also did not work I ve looked at the device manager and right now it has network adapters Broadcom b g n Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter RealTEK PCIe FE Family Controller I m not quite sure what the next step I should take is or even if this could be a hardware problem The laptop is fairly new about ish months she s had it Thanks in advance to anyone that can help nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all It would be great if you could help me I m troubled I have two computers in my house that are connected via ethernet using a switch One computer is connected to a friends internet connection by wireless using a satellite dish That computer is can't connection but ok connect is using Internet ethernet on XP and I have configured it as follows IPv IP address Subnet mask Default gateway Use the following DNS server adressess Alternate DNS server Now this computer has perfect Internet connection is ok but can't connect using ethernet internet connection Internet connection on that computer is shared ethernet cable goes to switch and another cable from switch Internet connection is ok but can't connect using ethernet to my other computer That other computer uses Windows IPv is disabled and on IPv configuration is like this IP address Subnet mask Default gateway Use the following DNS server adressess Alternate DNS server It has all been working great since days ago when the problems started Now on the other computer internet is Internet connection is ok but can't connect using ethernet working like this it s on for seconds and then I can t connect for - minutes even though there is no yellow mark that says there s no internet connection just the regular icon in the taskbar that says I m connected sometimes the yellow mark shows but maybe times a day When I run the troubleshoot it shows different things sometimes that all is ok sometimes quot the connection between your acess point router or cable modem and the internet is broken quot sometimes quot your computer seems to be correctly configured but can t access the DNS server quot sometimes to reset the broadband modem Please please please times please help me This is the ipconfig all from the second computer Windows IP Configuration Host Name adi Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- C- E-FB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b c f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained februar Lease Expires februar Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FB-CF- - - E- C- E-FB- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap mshome net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix mshome net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd b a a db d Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe b a a db d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all I know this is a very frequently asked question and I hate to be the one to bother you all once again but I am really not the computer savvy in particular the potential depths of my question Basically like most people that have posted similar threads I bought myself a mobile broadband usb modem dongle for the intention of using its connection with my laptop Windows bit on my PS via ethernet cable I followed the steps allowing other computers to access the connection and what not but I fear if i go and explore any further im going to do something wrong and ruin my pc haha I really need this to work and I hope anyone can help me like I said i am not super smart when it comes to computers but give me a and PS3 internet No laptop connection to ethernet via few step by step guides and i ll be fine I hope the IPCONFIG helps you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Thom gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thomas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description HUAWEI Mobile Connect No internet connection to PS3 via laptop and ethernet - G Network Card Physical Address - E- - F- - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - D- F- -C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - D- F- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap uws edu au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ee a Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe ee a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a bac a bac Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoc... Read more

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello ladies and gentlemen

My brother has a let's say low budget laptop with Windows XP. It is a Packard Bell laptop (I can't find the exact model right now). It is Version 2002, has SP 3, and the processor is Celeron (R) CPU 1.50 GHz. We have ethernet, but when the internet cable is attached to this computer it doesn't receive internet connection. However, when we attach the cable to any else computer, it just works fine (Even with the more-then-ten-years-old-Windows98-computer). Can you guys help me out? Thanks in advantage.

Wkr,
bigtukker

A:No Internet connection (Ethernet/Windows XP)

Is the network adapter configured on the PC (drivers installed, etc)? When you go to Start > Settings > Network connections do you see any LAN connections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-ethernet-windows-xp.150497/
Relevancy 59.34%

My hp laptop will no longer connect to the internet thru both a wifi connection or cable connection. I've also tried to do a system restore to an earlier date and it will not let mme do this either. HELP!!!

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi

As the title reads. Is it safe to have a permanent connection to the internet, even leaving a wired connection plugged in whilst rebooting and signing into the Windows profile?
Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/58099-wireless-ethernet-connection-internet-permanently.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I am trying to share the wireless signal i get on my desktop to my laptop via a ethernet cable. When i set the connection to be shared it tells me a LAN connection has the same IP as the new shared connection therefore cannot complete my request. I have manually changed both IP's on both my LANs on Desktop and Laptop. So im curious as to why it is telling me one of the LANS has this IP when it doesn't

Please help me, before my hair turns grey and i become withered =)

Thanks Marc

Relevancy 58.91%

need to set Internet to metered connection in Windows home with ethernet connection.

only seems to be an option for WIFI....I don't connect using WIFI but have a metered connection, so can't afford windows to auto download....

is is there a way of doing this ? possibly a registry hack..

thanks

A:need to set Internet to metered connection in W home with ethernet

you can't set Ethernet as a metered connection, the same was true for Windows 8. you will have to use your router or something to do it. or download one of the MANY 3rd party apps available which can monitor your Ethernet connection and cripple it if you download too much.
good luck with that if you have another PC on your network where you listen to music from or watch movies from because it will see any and all traffic and you will hit your monthly limit real fast.

doubtful anyone can answer why MS did this, call Microsoft to find out.

p.s. whats your limit?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/14753-need-set-internet-metered-connection-w-home-ethernet.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have had my HP laptop for 2.5 years now, originally bought with Vista 64 bit. It now has Windows 7. Up until now, internet access and connectivity have been working fine. But, all of the sudden today, I couldn't get Internet Access despite trying both an ethernet port and a wireless connection (connectivity was working.) I know it's something with the laptop, because my ASUS netbook has no problem accessing the internet. I've tried looking around at some of these tech support sites and haven't really found anything that's worked for me. I've tried using CCleaner to remove any temp files and clean the registry, and resetting internet settings in the command box, but still I get nothing.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I just had to reformat my laptop's XP install, and now i've come across a problem - Windows won't detect my internet connection. I'm on an apartment network and connecting to the internet via my ethernet slot (which I know is working fine, because when I switch to my linux partition it works). I'm not sure what to do to get it working, as I have run the standard wizard and it did not pick up on anything. The only CD I have is the Windows Recovery CD, so I don't know if I am supposed to install drivers or anything (my desktop came with a bunch of CDs, but not my laptop). Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nick

A:Not recognizing ethernet internet connection after reformat

Get your chipset and networking drivers from your PC manufacturer's web site. Copy them to your PC with the new install by removable media. Install the chipset first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-recognizing-ethernet-internet-connection-after-reformat.767870/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a strange problem that has me stops between every 8pm Ethernet internet 1am night to connection & stumped over the last month my ethernet connection to the internet drops every night between pm and pm it either stops completely or works for a few seconds and then disconnects or I get a connection so slow that it's unusable Other devices connected wirelessly to the router work fine During the day time ethernet works fine I've tried booting in safe mode with networking which sometimes works I've tried rebooting the router after turning everything off unplugging phone line etc Ethernet connection to internet stops every night between 8pm & 1am and waiting secs I've uninstalled network adapter card Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and reinstalled updated drivers etc deep scanned for viruses Removed any new software added in the last month and contacted ISP who reports that my connection is normal I've also unticked the box 'Allow computer to turn off this device to save power' on the network adapter Modem router is downstairs pc upstairs and I've been using On Networks Powerline Home Network Adapters to route the ethernet through the power outlet for the last year without any probs and haven't changed anything recently When the connection drops sometimes the network icon shows it's disconnected sometimes not If I repair the connection I get various error messages Ethernet connection to internet stops every night between 8pm & 1am at Ethernet connection to internet stops every night between 8pm & 1am random quot the default gateway is not available quot quot the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken quot and sometimes just Windows cannot find any problems

A:Ethernet connection to internet stops every night between 8pm & 1am

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I wonder if there are some type of restrictions setup in your router - e.g. amount of bandwidth to use, etc....

Also, are there more Users around those hours? Is it 8pm to 1am and not 8pm and 1pm?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365820-ethernet-connection-internet-stops-every-night-between-8pm-1am.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi Im having a ACT Broadband internet connection he provides internet connection through a wire which runs into my room that can be directly connected to the my computers NIC Whenever i switch on my computer and opens the browser it first redirects to the page - http portal acttv in where it asks for Username amp Password our ISP gives share to connection Internet ethernet ? How using switch us a IP Address which displays on the web page after logging in I want the internet connection to be shared with my roommates so i bought a port Ethernet switch http www intexuae com SWITCH- -PORT htm which is having a uplink port also I have connected the wire given by the ISP to the up link port of the switch amp i connected my PC to one port of the switch with another network cable I also connected my friends PC to second port of switch with another network cable my problem is that when i sign into my ISP web page and start using the internet amp my friend also wants internet in his PC amp when he How to share Internet connection using ethernet switch ? opens the browser the ISP s webpage is appearing and when he sign s in internet is disconnecting in my Pc I tried to change the IP but as a default IP is given by the ISP if change the IP internet is not working Please provide me a solution Here r my Ethernet Switch pictures - http www freeimagehosting net yq http www freeimagehosting net dgnb http www freeimagehosting net jiwn http www freeimagehosting net erc d nbsp

A:How to share Internet connection using ethernet switch ?

I dont think you need to open your ISPs webpage on your second PC, just configure the network settings and put the gateway IP. If that doesn't work, use Windows ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and configure it using the Network Configuration wizard. See how it goes. What is the windows version you are using ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-share-internet-connection-using-ethernet-switch.1046287/
Relevancy 58.91%

As mentioned in the title my internet is working fine spent some time onthe phone with my service provider and he said everything is fine and suggested i plug into another computer and sure enough it works without issue So everything using wifi works but my desktop will not connect with the ethernet cable I just get issues saying problems with dns server Attached is the ipconfig all as it seems to be the first thing asked for from other post i have been reading through any connection ethernet but working Internet fine no through help would be greatly appreciated as i would rather not go to the extreme of reformatting Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users jeremy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jeremy-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cgocable net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cgocable net Description Intel R V- Network Connecti on Physical Address - - B- E-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cce abb ef fcea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday March PM Lease Expires Monday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- F-C - - - B- E-C - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap phub net cable rogers com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - Internet working fine but no connection through ethernet - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Internet working fine but no connection through ethernet jeremy gt nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a compaq Laptop HP F running windows vista bit about years old and have had the same internet issues since I bought the dame thing I have searched the web for hours trying to find the answers made some changes but still have the same problems I have turned off all security programs downloaded drivers applied a fix patch from Microsoft enabled some functions that cable wireless bye No or internet Ethernet connection were disabled all to know avail I can connect at work via No internet connection bye Ethernet cable or wireless cbl at a friends house cbl and at home via neighbors wireless I cannot connect to my roommates Ethernet cable or wireless router running on windows XP wireless via linksys router The wireless router was recently set up and my connection was great for about a day but has not worked for weeks In the network and sharing center window it shows while I am connected to my roommates wireless network it is only a local connection that s there is a red x between the wireless network and the internet When I click on red x and run the windows diagnostics program I get There may be a problem with th Domain Name Servers DNS I had the same problem at work using a cable and the tech guy just changed some iPv settings and have never had connection problems but home is a different story I am just trying to get the wireless connection but even a cable connection would be a break through Here are my ipconfig stats Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users mwashinton gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name mwashinton-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - E- C- -E -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday May PM Lease Expires Tuesday May PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - B- -F -A - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E EB EE -E - E - D - E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BB A - - F -B D - F B br F B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users mwashinton gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users mwashinton gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users mwashinton gt ping google com Ping ... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

Greetings,
Here is my problem:
- I have a PC that is connected to an ADSL router ( wired connection ).
- I have a device attached to my PC that can broadcast my Ethernet connection as wireless signal so that a man with a laptop can access the internet by connecting through the PC. ( he just searches for a wireless signal and connect to it ).
- I'm using TOR on my PC for anonymously.
- How can I let laptops and cell phones connect to the internet through my PC but in the same time using TOR ? I don't want people to have to set any setting on their laptops or cell phones to be able to use TOR ( or any other proxy/VPN software ). I just want people to connect through a wireless access point.

Thanks.....

A:Broadcasting my Ethernet Internet connection as wireless

Enable encryption of the wifi box.

All wifi connections will then need the password to make a connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broadcasting-my-ethernet-internet-connection-as-wireless.186036/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi folks I m pulling my hair out trying to fix this My Windows desktop is on a college dorm s wired connection It was working fine yesterday morning When I get home from work hours later it s an unidentified network with no internet connection I tried moving the cable into my roommate s Win laptop and I get the same thing Of particular annoyance is that I can t get the wifi to work either On any other device there are no problems aside from the slow speed I can hold a good minute or two of connection to the wifi with the desktop before I start getting quot we can internet suddenly & unidentified connection Ethernet no t reach this page quot errors from Explorer The wifi s not really reliable anyway I d just like to be able to submit my paper by Sunday evening when it s due Any ideas Ethernet connection suddenly unidentified & no internet Particularly for an ethernet fix A month ago when I called the dorm s tech support it was about the wifi my wall socket Ethernet connection suddenly unidentified & no internet wasn t opened up to their network They couldn t fix it so I asked them to open up the Ethernet as a patch fix It s been great until now nbsp

A:Ethernet connection suddenly unidentified & no internet

may we see an ipconfig /all please
when the PC is connected to the Ethernet socket
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC
You will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
If you do not have another PC
Do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries​
For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy​Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-suddenly-unidentified-no-internet.1167866/
Relevancy 58.91%

Upon restarting my Toshiba L laptop the other day I could not connect to the internet via LAN or ethernet Dialog boxes appearing state failed to connect to System Event Notification Service suggests connection to System Event Log but it didn t respond just says quot starting quot quot Error - Authentication Service Unknown quot Dependency service or group failed to start internet LAN & Vista ethernet connection prevents Firewall quot off Security Center can t turn on quot Slow boot All programs seem to work ok like Excel Word Picasa email Thunderbird but just can t connect to internet Attempted to restore which I re-do monthly but stated no restore points and quot fail request not supported quot Tried to re-install Vista from DVD but DVD player will not function either visited start search box Cmd then netsh winsock reset Results found corrupt files but some not able to be fixed said see C windows logs cbs cbs Vista prevents internet LAN & ethernet connection log which I can t access as it states quot not recognized as internal or external command operable program or batch Vista prevents internet LAN & ethernet connection file quot numerous re-boots provide same results Can anyone help thanks biller nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-prevents-internet-lan-ethernet-connection.1003214/
Relevancy 58.91%

firewall off
driver installed
dont kknow what the heck it is.....anything will help ty!!

A:ethernet connection good...internet not working

Need quite a bit more info,before any suggestions can be made.

The “Johnwill” need to know about your environment questionnaire:

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms? Have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way? Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-good-internet-not-working.855424/
Relevancy 58.91%

So basically - as the subject says - 
Having a brand new Dell XPS 15 9550
with most recent Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac drivers
cmd command "netsh wlan show drivers"
shows that current driver does not support hosted network,
meaning, that i am unable, for example, to share my ethernet internet connection Over wifi to other devices - i am unable to make my laptop a hotspot.
Which is ridiculous in 2016 and for a laptop of this level and is basically a prerequisite to be Windows 10 approved.
So my question is DELL, what the ***? When do we get normal drivers?
Anybody has the same issue - knows the workaround? Thanks.
I could not have expected that 2000$ laptop would not be able to do that. this is soul crushing.

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 - Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac - Hosted network supported : No - cannot share Ethernet connection over WiFi

same here. :( XPS 13 9350..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674915
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi My wife No with Area adapter Local internet Ethernet Connection has just bought a Vista Home Premium Laptop but she s having problems connecting to the internet at work She can connect at home no problem using her wireless connection When at work however she has to plug in a cable into her laptop Unfortunately there is no connection when she does this When hovering over the icon all I can see is something like Local Only and Identifying I ve tried disabling and enabling the adapter in Manage Network Connections and I ve tried unticking the No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection IPv in the properties for it When right-clicking No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection on the icon in the system tray if I select Diagnose and Repair it gets about half-way before suggesting it tries to reconfigure the IP settings Trying that results in it suggesting I reset No internet with Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection the Network Adapter while trying that returns to the suggestion that I reconfigure the IP settings again On her old XP laptop she just plugged the cable in and had internet access I ve checked other computers in the office and they have no LAN settings applied so I don t think it s that Here s what s found with ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Portman gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Kate Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-C ard Physical Address - - D- A- -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - -FC-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b ab a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FAC CA-E B - DF-B A -DBFECAB D br br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Portman gt Click to expand Please help Clive nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have been having issues with sharing my internet connection via an ethernet cable I read online that there is the ability to 'share' your internet connection I have learned how to do this but it doesnt work for me I tried connecting my laptop I went through everything and I was able to get the connection it showed the LAN connectivity icon however there was the little yellow triangle next to it I waited but it won't connect What I am trying to do with this is be able to play multiplayer on computer games with other computers on my LAN I also tried to connect my XBox with this but it doesnt have an internet internet via ethernet Unable to cable connection share connection Any help I would appreciate Things to keep in mind The only way I Unable to share internet connection via ethernet cable could get a good internet service was through my cell phone service provider so I get my internet connection through my phone via USB tethering All of the computers I am trying this on have Windows Pro except for one

A:Unable to share internet connection via ethernet cable

You really haven't described how you have your multiple computers setup to to share a single internet service connection. For example, are you using a router that has 2 ethernet cables plugging into it and you are attempting to share the same internet service?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32992-unable-share-internet-connection-via-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello. My problem is this. My desktop for some reason can't connect to Ethernet, but it still can connect to the wireless connection(Wifi). I have no idea why this is and it's getting really annoying.

Thanks to any one who could offer a fix

A:No internet connection form Ethernet while Wireless works.

Sorry to bother you guys the problem has been solved!
I've been restarting my router wrong all this time :/

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58686-no-internet-connection-form-ethernet-while-wireless-works.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I just returned home from college and am unable to connect my computer Windows Home Premium -bit custom build to the home network via ethernet My computer attempts to identify the network for a while then gives me the yellow error triangle that usually indicates the modem Toshiba PCX needs to be reset I was previously connected to a college network also via ethernet I have not been on this home network in four months but to my knowledge it has not changed Other computers are able to connect using the same modem router NETGEAR DS ports Network, Connection No on Unidentified Internet Ethernet Access and the same cable I have reset the modem multiple times and I have also tried multiple cables and ports so Unidentified Network, No Internet Access on Ethernet Connection the problem definitely seems to be on my end I have unchecked IPv disabled my firewall and uninstalled Bonjour ipconfig all gives the following information Code Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Netlink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F -AD- -EC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D - D B- F- F F- BF AC E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ipconfig release does not seem to work it gives exactly the same output as ipconfig ipconfig renew gets stuck after outputting the first line and I have to kill it with Ctrl C

A:Unidentified Network, No Internet Access on Ethernet Connection

If you can't constantly perform the ipconfig/all then you have bigger problems besides Networking.

I suggest you run the sfc /scannow command in an elevated command prompt and see what it says.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315867-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-ethernet-connection.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all as of around connection cord constantly Internet crashing via ethernet a week ago I ve been experiencing a strange thing with my internet connection I live in apartments that provide internet to everyone that lives there and had been living here for a few months before this started happening I now constantly have my internet crashing in the middle of browsing gaming I will either open up my laptop to the internet not working already or it will work but crash randomly while I am using it Trying to load a page on google chrome it will show a message saying DNS Lookup Failed and an icon will pop up in the right corner of my screen with a yellow triangle If I hover over it it will say Internet connection via ethernet cord constantly crashing no internet access I ve followed the few steps they had on there but none of them worked I ve never had a problem like this before and haven t made any modifications to anything on my computer lately so I am pretty confused as to why this is happening I know it is something on my end because my roommate s internet is just fine and even used my ethernet cord on her computer and no problems at all I m not very computer savvy so if anyone could provide me any insight as to why this might be happening and how to fix it it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Internet connection via ethernet cord constantly crashing

How do you regain internet access after the trouble occurs?

Please show for when you have internet access and for when you do not ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-via-ethernet-cord-constantly-crashing.1072563/
Relevancy 58.05%

Well when i plus in the Ethernet but says internet connection work doesn't ethernet help connected please! cable it says its connected but if i open up Mozilla i get this error in browser if i try to connect to Google jar file C Program Files Mozilla Firefox chrome en-US jar locale browser-region region propertieswww google com Also I ve done the winsock fixes in cmd and this is not the cause of spyware malware I ran malwarebytes sybot search and destroy and also adware and it came up clean Furthermore if i ping myself or google for instance it times out Here s the IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name vaio-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List uci edu uci edu Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix uci edu Description Realtek RTL ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! x Family Fast ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - -EE- E-CA Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please! DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Tuesday November PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix uci edu Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g miniPCI Adapter Physical Address - E- B- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM Thanks for your help I appreciate it nbsp

A:ethernet connection says connected but internet doesn't work help please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-connection-says-connected-but-internet-doesnt-work-help-please.874146/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello guys, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 32bit to 64bit and have noticed that my internet speed has dropped dramatically. After hours of trying solutions online I could not seem to find out what the problem was. On 32bit my internet was fine downloading around 700kb/s but now it was dropped to 50-100kb/s, watching Youtube seems fine but streaming and downloading games is impossible. If you guys could give me some solutions it would be great thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69582-windows-10-x64-slow-internet-connection-problem-ethernet.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i installed windows beta version today with which connect find ethernet, help! please or unable to connection, internet to i had before and i am having a problem connecting to the internet or finding a connection at unable to connect to internet or find connection, ethernet, please help! all the desktop computer is dual booted with xp and is hooked up via ethernet to my router if i boot into xp internet works fine i usually have to allow computers to run through my router by adding them to the attached devices list or whatever but i cannot aquire a mac address or ip address by typing quot ipconfig all quot into the command line so i am not able to add it to the attached devices however since it isnt even detected usually it would be detected on the router but wouldnt get internet because it wouldnt be accepted by the router i have a feeling its a more intense issue is this a bios issue my motherboard is an ASUS P S D-X series if it is could someone let me know how to install a new bios i found a beta for quot others quot OS types but am not sure i should try it here ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- the driver is Beta Version for P S D-X Latest beta BIOS please if anyone could help a computer is kind of useless without internet connection and id love to use windows since is really working well smooth and stable for me anyone can shed some light i would really REALLY appreciate it ive been trying for hours to figure this out and cannot for the life of me ive tried enabling dhcs and dns and wlan stuff in attached devices i just cannot get it to work when i do the ipconfig all in command i just get this host name KARwin -PC primary Dns Suffix Node type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No but nothing else below it

A:unable to connect to internet or find connection, ethernet, please help!

nope, its a 7057 issue... i would recommend a downgrade to something that WAS working, then stick with it for awhile longer than the next change of underwear

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/5649-unable-connect-internet-find-connection-ethernet-please-help.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Looking for some no connection, 7: wireless internet Windows via fine Ethernet is help here as I m stuck year old Toshiba laptop Satellite P Ethernet and wireless both worked fine with XP Since upgrading to Windows my wireless is fine but I can t connect to the internet via Ethernet Other computers in the house are connected to my router linksys WRT GL and work fine I ve set up an IP Windows 7: no internet via Ethernet connection, wireless is fine address manually like I have on the other computers with no luck Automatically setting it will not work either I m using Windows 7: no internet via Ethernet connection, wireless is fine just TCP IPv v is unchecked older router doesn t support it I ve played with just about everything I can think of and still no luck The strange thing is that when I try to load a website the data seems to trickle in for a second For example going to google com it will look like its loading but nothing will come up Then just the text will come up after maybe seconds but the logo ie graphics will not It will just hang there and time out Any normal webpage I visit will just sit on a blank screen then Firefox will report it s quot done quot at the bottom but nothing will be displayed I also cannot log-on to my router same problem it will not load the web interface page and will just time-out Under the quot Network and Sharing quot center everything appears to be fine It will say I am connected to my network and the diagnostics will not find anything wrong Still no internet Tried bypassing the router and plugging directly into the cable modem and this does not work either Drivers are up to date as far as I can tell Toshiba website indicates Windows inbox drivers are the latest for my computer s ethernet adapter Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I keep losing internet connection and when I click on either the exclamation point on the computer icon in the bottom right corner or diagnose connection problem on the internet screen to fix it it goes in plugged ethernet is Losing internet and laptop to connection through the process to fix it tells me the default gateway is not available or resets the local area network connection and then resets itself and Losing internet connection and ethernet is plugged in to laptop the internet works again for about seconds then it fails and I go through the same steps above Sometimes the problems found is The connection between your access point router or cable modem and internet is broken along with the default gateway is not available I m actually having to type this post in a Word doc because I know I d never get a connection that would last long enough to type it here and I m just hoping I can get a connection that lasts long enough for me to copy and paste it Please help I cannot keep doing this It just started a few days ago I have unplugged everything computer modem router let it sit for hours and replugged everything back in and it s still doing it My laptop does not do this when it s connected to the internet anywhere else and my Blackberry and my daughter s iPhone connect to this router with no problem I also have only been able to use the laptop plugged directly in to the router with an Ethernet cord because I could never get the wireless function to cooperate at home when I had the cable hooked up a few months ago although the wireless on the laptop works everywhere else with no problem It s something with this laptop and this router that just do not want to work together properly Super frustrating and thanks for any help It s a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows and a linxsys router nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello My gaming tower is showing no network connection and I cannot connect to the internet at all I have tested my ethernet wires and internet connection on my laptop they are working fine My lights in my ethernet plugin are Port Internet working Connection/Ethernet not No Lights are not coming on at all on the towerr I read that by using the CMD prompt and typing ping would give you an idea if you ethernet port was dead if it gave no response Mine responded with Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply No Internet Connection/Ethernet Port Lights are not working from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping Statistics for Packets Sent No Internet Connection/Ethernet Port Lights are not working Received Lost lt loss Approximate round trip in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms My gf said that the power flickered a couple of times today I have everything plugged in to a surge protectors but I No Internet Connection/Ethernet Port Lights are not working am honestly at a complete loss at what to do Any help is appreciated greatly Thanks

A:No Internet Connection/Ethernet Port Lights are not working

Well; even with surge protectors; it is possible the ethernet card took a minor hit. But one thing you could try is to completely uninstall the ethernet adapter from the device manager, reboot, and let windows re-detect it and reinstall the drivers for it; that way hopefully there will be a fresh install of the adapter. Give that a shot and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327428-no-internet-connection-ethernet-port-lights-not-working.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

Why i can't see the name of my router with wireless nets on my laptop, But i can see all the wireless nets which my laptop in their area, And the other devices can connect to my router without any problems, I reinstalled windows but the same thing.

My device : Lenovo notebook, Lenovo B50-70, Model name : 20384, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:B50-70 - WiFi internet connection

Good day and welcome to the community.Please provide more information about your system (model, OS, recent updates, etc), otherwise it will be difficult for the community to assist you. We will also be able to confirm that your post is in the proper forum.Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B50-70-WiFi-internet-connection/td-p/3401037
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,
Why i can't see the name of my router with wireless nets on my laptop, But i can see all the wireless nets which my laptop in their area, And the other devices can connect to my router without any problems.

My laptop: DELL INSPIRON N4050 _ Windows 7, 32bit

Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988439
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been having a lot of trouble with my wifi conection for a month or 2 now and ive just about had it. When i am playing a game, mostly world of tanks and wargame red dragon, my wifi will stop for about 30-60 seconds entirely. I check and it still says i am connected, but all programs that use the internet lose connection, not just the game. However, if i am connected to an Ethernet cable i have seamless conection however, being connected to an Ethernet cable is not always an option. I have anitvirus software (norton) and have removed several viruses. I have a dual-band wifi connector thingy built in to my laptop and if i am downloading something i can get upwards of 3 mb/s and when i test my connection i have 9+ mb/s. I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks!
Eric

A:Bad internet (wifi) connection

Uninstall and then re-install the drivers first, get the newest driver from the manufacturer's website if possible.

What is the wifi card chipset? Who makes the wifi card? I had a similar problem with a belkin usb wifi adapter when gaming. Some chipsets had packet burst mode which you could try to disable: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-015402.htm

If you let me know the exact wifi card you have, I may be able to help further. I ended up replacing my belkin card with a wireless g atheros wifi card which solved my problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543429/bad-internet-wifi-connection/