Windows Support Forum

Solved: Hard disc error occurred

Q: Solved: Hard disc error occurred

Hi
I have just installed a new hard drive ( Seagate 120g IDE) with a clean install of XP.
When the system reboots before installing windows I get the above message.
Things I have tried
The drive is recognized correctly in bios and I have reset the cmos
Tried a new ribbon.
There is no floppy in the drive
It did the same with the original 80G drive.
I am really at a loss where to go from here, not something I have come up against before.
Any help greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Hard disc error occurred

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.98%

Please help 'disc read disc error occurred' on start up and I cannot get XP to start,I have put a recovery disc in and got to the dos menu started scandisc seems to be taking for ever (5% in 3hours).can I recover my doc's for my University course:help anyone
Thanks for looking
Tone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disc-read-disc-error-occurred-on-start-up-260790.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I turned on my PC today for the first time in maybe mo slow to boot up but that's expected Got maybe ten minutes into using it just fine might I add Linked to wifi etc and Norton popped up needing to restart A + loading occurred error Error read operating disc system the computer Hit restart now ten minutes go by PC is still trying to shut down Black screen but the fan is running I shut it off completely A disc read error occurred + Error loading operating system push the power button again and get the disc error Try to restart twice with CtrlAltDel but same error Finally soft reset or try A disc read error occurred + Error loading operating system to no indication A disc read error occurred + Error loading operating system that holding the power button does anything and then got the quot Error loading operating system quot screen Now depending on how I restart it trying to boot from the BIOS menu or boot menu I get the disc read error but eventually come back to the OS error Nothing can get me into the system period I'm doing this from a secondary non-PC device Any help is appreciated I can get by on software fixes but I'm completely useless with hardware so all of the quick fix tips I've vaguely read have mentioned removing things from the actual console which I'm hoping I won't have to do Please help thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/25e40f39-fbe7-4aa0-8a11-9873089e2a68/a-disc-read-error-occurred-error-loading-operating-system?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all first time poster so please be gentle Yesterday I replaced an ailing DVD writer nothing complicated a straight SATA swap When I restarted I was error 'disc occurred'... slow after HD read really met with A DISK READ ERROR OCCURRED PRESS CTRL ALT DEL TO RESTART I did and the machine booted successfully but ever since my HD read write times have been woeful Using HDTune to benchbark write speed I get around mb s - compared to over ten times that on my other three hard drives two internal and one external connected via USB The two internal drives which are working normally are PATA as HD really slow after 'disc read error occurred'... opposed to the snail-pacer which is SATA In case the drive is HD really slow after 'disc read error occurred'... about to fail I m currently backing up its data to one of the fully working drives so I can t try anything yet but I was wondering if anyone else had dealt with a similar scenario and had any ideas how to go about fixing it Many thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

When I run a disc scan on my XP, all goes well until stage 5. As stage 5 reaches 95-97%, I get the message "cannot verify free disc space", and "unknown error has occurred". Does anyone know how I can fix this? I am computer competent but not a tech geek.

Thanks.

WRW123

A:Unknown error has occurred in disc scan

Hi, do you have the full Xp install Cd?
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Boot from the Xp install Cd...when prompted press [R]
Choose Windows installation [typically by pressing [1]
When prompted for password.
Press Enter.
Type chkdsk /r
[note space after chkdsk]
Let it scan the pc.
When fininshed.
Type Exit
And press Enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-error-has-occurred-in-disc-scan.1129977/
Relevancy 65.36%

I m lost Honestly I thought that there was nothing I couldn t do with the internet at hand but this has completely stumped me So yeah that s CTRL has to + Press Restart" Read + "A Disc Error ALT Occurred. DEL the message "A Disc Read Error has Occurred. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to Restart" I get when I boot up I ve practically disassembled my PC to see what s up visually speaking nothing looks wrong it s all clean everything s plugged into the right place so that shouldn t be the problem I can t access safe mode it just won t let me nor can I reinstall XP it says quot system is analysing your hardware quot and then the screen goes blank and nothing happens I ve done diagnostics five times and apparently nothing s wrong I don t care what happens to my files there s nothing on there which I m desperate to save I just don t want to have wasted all of my money Any help I m sure I can give hardware information if necessary nbsp

A:"A Disc Read Error has Occurred. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to Restart"

You may have to Format your hrd drive and clear off the old installation of windows first.

You cant get to the area of installation that would allow you to do that. See if you can download from the hard drive manufacturer, who-ever that may be, thier hard disc maintenance tools. Such as Seatools for Seagate, or MaxBlast for Maxtor. Creating a bootable disc of which ever one youneed to use you should be able to partition and refomat the hard drive as these will boot with out attempting to boot from your hard drive. Also you can run a HDD test from the same disc telling you if you have a gone bad hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disc-read-error-has-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.722235/
Relevancy 65.36%

I dont know if this is the right thread, but here goes.

I try to start my Dell Inspiron 5010 laptop and I get "A disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl Alt Del to recover"

Every page I've Googled about this error tells me my hard drive is shot and needs to be replaced. I'm in total denial so, can this really be? Have I lost all my data?

Does the hard drive need to be gutted and replaced?

Thanks.

A:"A Disc Read Error Has occurred" during Startup - Dell laptop

Hello there and welcome to the forums Doomdaddy!

If you want to be absolutely sure whether your drive is gutted/or still recoverable, try and pull it out of the laptop and place it into an external USB caddy/enclosure, and plug it into a working system to see whether the system can detect it or not...

You can also try to reseat the the drive in the laptop by taking it out and putting it back in again after a cold shutdown..

Hope that helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238135-disc-read-error-has-occurred-during-startup-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello Everyone Thank you for taking time to read my post hard-drive) faulty sure (pretty A a Occurred it's Disk Error not Read Here is my issue in as concise of terms as A Disk Read Error Occurred (pretty sure it's not a faulty hard-drive) possible Computer is a Sony Vaio VGC-RC G not sure about motherboard About weeks ago computer starts refusing to boot giving errors that make me think the hard drive is bad Computer will still occasionally boot after - tries I bought a new hard drive and tried to create an image of the old drive onto the new using Clonezilla the process gave a few errors The computer flatly refused to boot from the new drive gave disk read errors However when I could boot using the old drive I could get in and explore the image of the new drive and the image copy process seemed to have worked okay As part of the disk image copy process my new drive had partitions and about megs of free space The two partitions were the main windows partition from the old drive and the recovery partition I combined all partitions and formatted the new drive using Gparted because I thought that the disk image copy probably just recreated errors in the old drive onto the new After the format my computer then consistently refused to boot from either drive in the past I could boot to the old drive after a couple of tries The error was usually quot a disk read error occurred' or quot BOOTMGR is missing quot Attempts to install windows using windows install DVD failed because computer couldn't write to the new hard drive Both hard drives would usually appear in bios when I entered into it I know at least one time where neither appeared in the bios although sometimes computer would fail allow me to edit bios altogether I attached the new hard drive to a DIFFERENT COMPUTER and installed a clean version of windows Ultimate x to the new drive The DIFFERENT COMPUTER boots just fine from the new hard drive But when I move the new hard drive to back to the old computer I consistently now get quot a disk read error occurred quot error I don't believe it is a SATA cable issue because power to drive seems to be fine and I had to use the SATA cable from the old computer when hooking the drive up to the DIFFERENT COMPUTER and it worked fine Also Gparted recognizes the drive just fine and has no problems formatting partitions etc so there is communication happening through the SATA cable and the power cable is powering adequately TL DR summary New hard drive works fine with new computer but old computer when connected to same new hard drive gives me a quot disk read error occurred quot Based on the evidence I don't think it's a faulty drive issue I'm also skeptical that it's a cable issue but haven't ruled out this possibility What should I do next in terms of identifying the problem I've currently exhausted my admittedly limited hardware troubleshooting expertise Thanks again for helping me work on this I appreciate it Love wackydavo P S Edited for clarity typos punctuation etc

A:A Disk Read Error Occurred (pretty sure it's not a faulty hard-drive)

It is a Sony laptop, not really serviceable except by them, I did find this on Sony's site. You could try resetting the bios.
Sony eSupport - VGC-RC110G - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267487-disk-read-error-occurred-pretty-sure-its-not-faulty-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Greetings,

I am in desperate need for some assistance. My laptop recently has been giving this message before reaching the desktop: "A disk read error occurred. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart. I have tried restarting multiple times (including manually restarting), but I ended up receiving the same error. My operating system is Windows XP.

What can I do to approach this problem? I would be very grateful for any assistance.

~Trav.~

A:Solved: Desperate need for assistance for error message: "A disk read error occurred.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-desperate-need-for-assistance-for-error-message-a-disk-read-error-occurred.1004745/
Relevancy 59.34%

how do i get rid of this??.....i tried re-formatting to ntfs (Quick) and the other NTFS.....i used a windows disk to do repair and i used the chkdsk, fixboot, and fixmbr commands.....still won't fix it....it's a compaq persario sr1023wm.

A:Solved: disk error occurred

SOLVED....ll i had to do is change the IDE......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disk-error-occurred.731367/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have to be the most unfortunate person when it comes to DVD burning Im using Nero Express and a LiteOn Burner I tried disc Solved: DVD Disc a -R burning : Illegal Error twice and I got an illegal disc error as you can see towards the end of the ff report Earlier today I used a DVD R disc and was successful Any ideas Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero version Nero Express Recorder lt LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S gt Version KS - Solved: Error burning a DVD -R disc : Illegal Disc HA TA - Adapter driver lt gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt HL-DT-ST CDRW DVD GCC gt Version B - HA TA - Adapter driver lt atapi gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral Hitachi HTS G SA atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST CDRW DVD GCC atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST CDRW DVD GCC D CDRom LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S E CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled DVD-Copy on the fly PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S Solved: Error burning a DVD -R disc : Illegal Disc running PM Text File DVDCopy cpp Line DVD Track-Information from source disc S T Con x Start Len gap Blank Res Dmg Mode TRM DATA MODE PM Text File DVDCopy cpp Line Max - tracks of allowed to copy - TRM DATA MODE block size read opt no read options PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-at-once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S Media type DVD-R Disc Manufacturer CMC MA - G AE Solved: Error burning a DVD -R disc : Illegal Disc Disc Application Code Disc Physical Code PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt Disc not writeable Insert writeable disc Medium in drive Unknown Medium required by compilation DVD R RW DVD-R RW DVD R Double Layer PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE - Data mode indices index not provided original disc pos not relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW- S for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx RecDep CtrlAdr lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item not relocatable no disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File dlgbrnst cpp Line Set remaining time ms - gt OK PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Recording mode Sequential Recording Mode PM Text File Mmc cpp Line Set BUFE supported - gt ON SMART-BURN OFF PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h AGID Length Book Type DVD-R Part Version Disc Size mm Maximum Rate lt not specified gt F h Number of Layers Track Path Parallel Track Path PTP Layer Type recordable Linear Density um bit Track Density um track Starting Physical Sector Number of Data Area h DVD-ROM DVD-R -RW DVD R RW End Physical Sector Number of Data Area F h End Sector Number in Layer h Data in Burst Cutting Area BCA does not exist Start sector number of the current Border-Out h Start sector number ... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

I am running Windows 7 on an ASUS CM5675 desktop pc. The computer was working fine until this morning, I tried to turn it on and I get this message:

"A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

I tried running windows recovery and it did nothing. The bios setup recognizes the hard drive, and I can get into ASUSTek EZ Flash and can read the files on the hard drive but can get nothing to run no matter what I have tried.

Please help. My girlfriend is having a freakout >.> It's her pc.

A:[SOLVED] A disk read error occurred

Run HDD diagnostics -

Start with SeaTools (for DOS) --> http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...00dd04090aRCRD

Burn ISO to CD with ImgBurn --> http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Boot with SeaTools CD.

If SeaTools comes up OK, run HDD manufacturer's diagnostics --> http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-a-disk-read-error-occurred-531842.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Sorry, the initial question was worded incorrectly by one of my family members......
Just for the record, he writes "his own" music, not copied!

A:Solved: An error has occurred while patching the files

Can't help you >>> http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-an-error-has-occurred-while-patching-the-files.999918/
Relevancy 58.91%

Anyways yesterday I posted about how I accidently uninstalled some preloaded Windows programs I reinstalled some of them but now my laptop s all funny When I connect to The Internet any program that I open freezes for like minutes after which it unfreezes During this time I normally restart my computer with no success If I open Windows Live Messenger and Internet Explorer together it freezes normally Pinball WordPad Sound Recorder and Volume Control cannot be restored Also I tried using my Toshiba Recovery DVD with no success It says Loading RAMDISK Image then it reboots and loads the exact same system with no changes made I called in to Toshiba support a customer service rep and I redid this process and no success He says there might be a hard drive corruption so severe that it refuses to accept The DVD What can I do My computer specs Toshiba Satellite a Windows XP Home SP Intel Centrino dual-core GHz GB hard drive GB RAM DVD-RAM error, XP disc Windows recovery drive hard not error, working probably multi-layer burner Yada yada Please help and if you require any more information I will be glad to provide it BTW I had this exact Windows XP error, probably hard drive error, recovery disc not working same problem with my previous laptop which was the same kind That one I returned it to Future Shop and I got it exchanged for this one since it was still weeks of my purchase It s been months however so that option is not open Update When I connect to The Internet if I try to open ANY programs it freezes not just IE or WLM nbsp

A:Windows XP error, probably hard drive error, recovery disc not working

My HJT log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:19:47 AM, on 29/10/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DVDRAMSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Applet\TAPPSRV.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Zooming Utility\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Tvs\TvsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Toshiba Applet\thotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDispVol.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\Toshiba.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Slick Run\sr.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TPSBattM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ObjectDock\ObjectDock.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msvs.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Fred%20Liu/My%20Documents/Internet%20Explorer%20start%20page.htm
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSH... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-error-probably-hard-drive-error-recovery-disc-not-working.513747/
Relevancy 58.05%

This is kinda long and I've fixed it but could use your input So after waking up my parents informed me that the computer was shutting down randomly I turned it on and quot a "a press " restart disk ctrl+alt+del to Drive, error occurred Hard disk error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot appeared It's a Sata hard drive so I checked the cables to make sure they were plugged in correctly and they were and then I tried connecting it to another computer with that computers cables and that didn't work either My parents not wanting to buy one online decided to just go to bestbuy and buy one there since we already had the Windows Disk at home I formatted it partitioned it and installed Windows Home Premium on Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " it and everything worked I decided to connect the Hard drive that didn't work while the computer was still on and it immediately started downloading the drivers it needed and up popped all the hard drive I'm going to start transferring all the important things like music videos and games and after Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " all I can see are the following things after getting all the data we want off it should I reinstall Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " windows to see if my other computer will recognize it Even though it couldn't before format it and just use it as extra data though since it already couldn't boot up the ability to keep data on it may fail in a couple of days weeks or just put it away and not use it at all What would you guys reccomend I do

A:Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart "

First get the data you need off it.

Then go to the mfr and get their HD testing utility and run it.

If it were me I wouldnt trust it. I have been burned before.

You certainly could use it for storage of, say one set of backups, for the chances of losing your OS HD, and that backup at the same time are nil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/224382-hard-drive-disk-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 58.05%

That is the message I am getting I ve searched high and low for possible solutions A disk for occurred descriptor 2...done. read error PBR Solved: that may have worked for others but not me I d like to boot to my Solved: PBR for descriptor 2...done. A disk read error occurred Windows XP Home Edition SP CD so I can load Recovery Console but result is a blank black screen after the brief message quot The system is inspecting your computer s hardware configuration quot No HDD activity The system is a Dell Inspiron B laptop with a hidden Symantec Recovery Disk partition that can be loaded but none of the so called quot recovery points quot are found Not sure that any were created because that software was not activated While in that attempted local disk access to the C windows install drive tells me that C is not accessible The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable Instinct tells me that the HDD is finished but why won t the Windows CD load I ve tried multiple Windows CDs to no avail Other CD s will boot Something is fishy to me nbsp

A:Solved: PBR for descriptor 2...done. A disk read error occurred

Other boot cd's do not inspect your hardware like XP cd does, it is finding a problem it cannot deal with when detecting the hardware configuration.

Here is an article on how to backup your data, I suggest doing it before all is lost.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pbr-for-descriptor-2-done-a-disk-read-error-occurred.864437/
Relevancy 58.05%

My computer was working fine last night before I turned it off. I wake up this morning & turn on the computer & instead of starting Windows A Disk Read Error Occurred pops up. I did a diagnostics on my Computer & Hard Drive & DVD Rom Drive seems fine. But its something with the boot that seems to be messed up. Is there any way to fix this ?

A:[SOLVED] A Disk Read Error Occurred - BioHD-4

Shut down the computer Try unpuging the HDD cables and plugging them back. if it is a desktop...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-a-disk-read-error-occurred-biohd-4-a-666972.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone I hope you guys Occurred+ Error Disk else?) Read Solved: (+ BSOD everything that reading this had a wonderful time in Christmas So without further ado I have purchased this computer well I bought the parts separately and the company that I purchased from put them together free off charge It has been less than months now that I have been experiencing failures all the classic signs for example BSOD Disk Read Error s Slow Sometimes it freezes for about sec So let me tell you more about the Disk Read Error problem first every single time I boot my computer Solved: Disk Read Error Occurred+ BSOD (+ everything else?) it fails by that I mean Disk Read Error Occurred CTRL Alt Delete its a good sport and can take multiple tries before booting up I have open the computer and checked the cables and I noticed the SATA cable is bend fairly badly so I think that s the problem but I don t know new SATA cable its on its way and need to change the position of the current HDD Slow This is usually during boot up and actually seeing my desktop but sometimes its super fast BSOD well this one is interesting no idea why it happends it just says restart and as I was typing this I got another one details below Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP FFFFFA E A BCP ED OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Windows Temp WER- - sysdata xmlClick to expand Freeze problem This usually happens when I am playing games GPU and CPU intensive games I do have to say its rare so its not an frequent problem but still happens Computer Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI H M-P W MS- Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled I hope thats enough detail for someone to figure out whats going on Please don t hesitate to ask for further information Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Disk Read Error Occurred+ BSOD (+ everything else?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disk-read-error-occurred-bsod-everything-else.1116198/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have windows 8, 32 bit & I'm trying to clear my print spooler, which I've done many times. I go to "run," type "cmd" & enter the command: "net stop spooler." When I execute the spooler command I get the above error message. I did a search on google & got a lot of hits but none of them were useful. What is going on & how do I solve this "system 5 error" problem?
Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 57.62%

hi!
this my first post. my hard disc is showing error message. i am worried of data loss. is there a serious problem. i have uploaded screen shots of the error message. below i have specified my pc:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0), 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 102296 MB, Free - 76860 MB; D: Total - 102398 MB, Free - 2462 MB; E: Total - 102398 MB, Free - 42353 MB; F: Total - 102398 MB, Free - 2621 MB; G: Total - 67205 MB, Free - 12132 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G31M-S2L
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

A:hard disc error

hi, welcome to this forum.
You do have a problem - your hard drive is failing. You need to back up your files immediately and replace the hard drive. If you have an external drive, back up to that.If you don't have an external drive, remove this drive until you get get a new drive. Once you have the new drive installed and loaded with the OS, hook up the old drive as a secondary drive and back up your files to the new drive. Or you can use an external enclosure to connect the old drive to the computer, but unless you have one lying around it's an unnecessary expense. Also, check the type of connection your hard drive uses before ordering a new one - SATA (most likely) or EIDE. SATA uses a narrow cable, EIDE uses a wide ribbon cable.
Check the manufacturers website to see if your drive is still under warranty. If it is you can get a free replacement.
(if I'm reading this correctly you have one drive with many partitions, is that correct? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disc-error.1028373/
Relevancy 57.62%

Please find the failure is and send me the solution for it  pu10qf-6qn899-mfpwxf-61ba03

A:Hard disc error

Hi, Unfortunately that error code indicate that the hard drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-disc-error/td-p/5817767
Relevancy 57.62%

help needed please.disc clean up is not responding.i know ive deleted somthing but have not got a clue what and how to fix it.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi!

My PC's hard drive failed so I purchased a new Maxtor 80gb PATA HDD today.

I have installed it and ran my Windows XP Home Edition SP2 CD.

In XP installation the hard disk is formatted with no problems and then the files are installed. Then XP says that the computer needs to re-boot to continue setup... so it re-boots and in a black screen it displays:

veryfying DMI Pool Data......Update success
Boot from CD
A disk read error occurred

I have run chkdsk /r in the XP CD and no bad secors were found.

Any ideas??

Kind regards,

David.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys, It's already three days I am trying to repair my HDD problem, When computers start it says A disk Error Occurred. Pres CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. at first I could see it in Bios, but after several hours it disappeared and started making clicking noise, No RECOVERY CD or Diag Tool from manufacturer (WD) or anything else helped, after removing HDD and testing it I made conclusion that it's dead forever, I want you to see this Video and confirm that it's really dead..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX8Pb...&feature=g-upl

Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop was running slow so I thought I would do a hard reset since I didn't have any important files on it. So I reset it and I got a blue screen error, then a listing screen with a popup box saying there was an error or my computer restarted and I should press OK to install. I found a solution online to get past the popup box, I don't remember what it was though, but now my laptop is stuck in a state of constant reboot. It goes like this:Blue HP Logo with loading circle,Black screen,Blue HP Logo,Installing and configuring Windows install screen that doesn't move past 64%,And then black screen. This process constantly repeats.Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-hard-reset-my-laptop-error-occurred-and-now-my-laptop-is/td-p/5671630
Relevancy 57.62%

I used the media profile to download Windows 10 to a USB and everything worked fine but now there's another problem. My laptop was working after reinstalling Windows, but then I shut my laptop over and went away for ten minutes or so and I've came back to a black screen with no display at all. The white LED is on so my laptop is on. It has around 40% charge in it as of typing this. The screen is unresponsive. Please help again but thank you for helping me fix the first issue.

A:Re: I hard reset my laptop, error occurred and now my laptop...

Hi @kirsty_mcq17, Thanks for the update on your situation. I understand that you are now having issues with the display being blank and the system unresponsive. Have you tried doing a hard reset since the system stopped responding? If the system will not boot into Windows normally, let me know if you get any errors. You can also try using Safe mode. Once you are able to log back in, please make sure you download the latest HP drivers and Windows Updates. From what you described, it sounds like the system may have gone into sleep or hibernate mode. This document will take you through troubleshooting possible issues with those features. If you feel this post has answered your question, take a moment to click Accept as Solution. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Re-I-hard-reset-my-laptop-error-occurred-and-now-my-laptop/td-p/5672477
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows not start black screen and error disc

A:Smart Hard Disc Error

Is that Polish? Don't read it but if it is saying hard disk error you are going to have to replace the hard drive.  We would be able to help more if you provided the model number of the laptop. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Smart-Hard-Disc-Error/td-p/5834565
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi rebotted my laptop not had it long and it is now coming up with smart hard disc error?is there anything i can do or shall i just take it back . 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:SMART HARD DISC ERROR

Hi, If you're still within the time frame when you can return the notebook, then that's what I would suggest - a Smart error would indicate the hard drive is starting to fail. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/SMART-HARD-DISC-ERROR/td-p/5606103
Relevancy 57.19%

I understand what S M A R T is and the fact that it telling me my HD will fail means it probably will but I m slightly confused about the one my computer has been giving disc question S.M.A.R.T. error Hard me Over the past couple of weeks it s been telling quot sec master S.M.A.R.T. Hard disc error question hard disk s m a r t status bad quot It s an old computer so I wouldn t doubt that HD might fail but I don t have a secondary master I have a S.M.A.R.T. Hard disc error question primary master and a primary slave but no secondary master I proceeded to disconnect my CD drive since that was the only thing that I could think it would be and it stopped giving me the error for a week S.M.A.R.T. Hard disc error question or so However recently it started up again with the CD drive still disconnected My question basically is Is it just saying quot sec master quot but meaning quot pri master quot Or is there something else going on I m at a loss at this point Thanks in advance this has been plaguing me for weeks now nbsp

A:S.M.A.R.T. Hard disc error question

That's hard to say. I have certainly seen some strange, and mistaken, error messages from SMART. This machine, for example, supposedly had bad clusters on a new drive, but testing showed that to be untrue and SMART is now disabled.

Try some further tests. The ones from the manufacturer may be the best in each case.

Free Hard Drive Testing Applications:
Manufacturer's Tests
Victoria for DOS
Victoria for Windows (Both versions of Victoria are among the best and most thorough tests available.)
HD Tune
CheckDisk 1.03 (Marks bad sectors as unusable.)
HDAT2 (Diagnostics and bad sector recovery)
MHDD Low-level Diagnostics
Bootable Hitachi Drive Fitness Test Floppy or CD Image (works on most drives)

Hard Drive Manufacturers' Diagnostic Utilities Links:
TachTech
BleepingComputer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-m-a-r-t-hard-disc-error-question.866105/
Relevancy 57.19%

My daughters computer is giving me a Grub hard disc error message everytime I try to boot up the pc, and now the pc will not start up past this error message. I tried rebooting a few times but it just kept giving me this error and then would not go further.

Can someone help with this?

Relevancy 56.76%

I know this problem has come about quite Solved: Press HELP! Read restart. Disk A to DEL PLEASE Error Occurred. ALT CTRL a lot of times here but most of the solutions are unresolved or require things that I don t have Wow I just realised how long this post is Anyway it would be great if anyone can help me You don t have to read all of it but it contains all the information about what I tried before I came here and I think it ll help A LOT I thank whoever has the patience to help me Anyway a little backstory of when I got this error I just got my pc fixed not too long ago Solved: A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart. PLEASE HELP! and I ve been getting a lot of updates for windows XP When I started up my PC everything worked normally there was the extremely long boot times and it always hangs for a while when windows live messenger and gamespy comrade start up simultaneously But this time it blue screened and I had to restart my PC When i restarted my PC it went through the same sequence but didn t blue screen This time I noticed an anomally there was a window opened that seemed to be a restart countdown to apply updates just like the one in windows vista except it looked different I supposed it was a new feature in a new update I hit a button that said something to the extent of restart later and continued with what i wanted to do play team fortress While i was playing team fortress my pc suddenly blue screened again I restarted my pc and everything went as per usual and there was no restart timer I started up team fortress again and played with no problems After an hour or so I went to spectate and left team fortress on idle When I came back about half an hour later I came back to see quot A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart quot I did as it said and it went to the same message again So I checked the BIOS settings I think that s what it s called - I hit Del while it booted up I looked through the settings looked at the boot device priorities and for some reason under the first device said quot st FLOPPY DRIVE quot - I DON T have a floppy disk drive nd device said quot HDDM Hitachi HDP quot and rd device said quot CDROM M-ASUS DRW- quot I m no expert at computers but I know for a fact that my OS should be in my hard drive So i changed the first device to my HDD the second to my disk drive and third to quot st FLOPPY DRIVE quot I saved changes and exited and it rebooted It went back to the same error I restarted it and went back to the BIOS This time I went to the boot settings config I looked through them and disabled quick boot saved changes and rebooted still no difference I tried changing my boot device priorities back to what it was before and tried again still didn t work Then i changed everything back to where they were and tried again and of course it didn t work I decided to look at it the next day since it was late The next morning I turned off the power unplugged everything but my keyboard power sound and moniter I turned the power back on and rebooted Nothing I tried everything I tried last night Nothing worked so I just shut it down I couldn t think of anything else I didn t want to change my BIOS to defaults because I wasn t sure if my PC would run if I changed that as I didn t know enough about PCs I don t mind opening my case Once again thank you for your help I hope you ll help me solve this problem nbsp

A:Solved: A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart. PLEASE HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-please-help.884892/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am using a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit PC with two internal hard drives. Drive C contains only the Windows 7 OS. Drive D contains all of my data.

I would like to do error checking on drive D. From Computer/Windows Explorer I right clicked on drive D and clicked Properties, Tools, Error Checking, Check Now. The message displayed was "Windows can't check the disk while it is in use - Do you want to dismount this volume first? Note: All opened handles to this volume will become invalid. Buttons are Force a dismount and Cancel"

When error checking drive C the dismount message does not appear.

Should I click the button "Force a dismount"? What does "All opened handles to this volume will become invalid." Will something bad happen?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Question about hard disc error checking

To be safe, close all running programs and other files.

After the drive D check has finished, reboot your PC and you should be OK.

Your OS drive (C) should complain that it can't be checked and it should ask if you want to schedule a Disk Check for your next reboot.
Choose "Yes" and reboot your PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350371-question-about-hard-disc-error-checking.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Dear disc operation 51 Error Hard during paging all This is my first post Can Hard disc Error 51 during paging operation anyone help with how to solve the following hard disc error please On booting up the system log shows disc error - An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation M says is means the drive is about to fail I ve got a full back up in case The error only appears on boot up but can end in a complete lock up and failure to boot It does not happen every time say in and is more likely from a cold start The error is logged for about two seconds ie multiple entries no other system errors are reported I ve replaced the hard drive and am getting the same error Changing the SATA lead to a new port makes no difference I m using XP Home GB RAM SATA GB drive The drive is partitioned to C installed OS D User data I ve reformatted the drive - it shows no errors and reinstalled the OS I ve also tried changing the page file settings - no change Any suggestions greatfully received Giles

A:Hard disc Error 51 during paging operation

Hi .Contrary to what you may have been told, that message is not the kiss of death .The problem is that there is much varied speculation about what causes this error...and little definitive info re cures/resolutions that I can understand.Your mention of the paging file...indicates that you've read some of the same situations.The fact that it happens at boot should be useful...but it's not for me. Where (exactly) in the boot process does this error kick in? When the system first starts to load? When some driver is being installed?http://support.packardbell.com/it/item/ind...;ppn=PB17B00706http://pcs.suite101.com/article.cfm/windows_xp_boot_sequenceI suppose that, in the face of such underwhelming evidence either way...the safe thing to do is assume that the drive is failing/faulty.I missed the most important info that you posted, my apologies . Since you have a D: partition, I would run chkdsk /r on that partition...then I would run a manufacturer's diagnostic on the entire drive (I don't think it differentiates between partitions on a drive).FWIW: I don't believe in any system having only one hard drive, having at least 2 gives user much better options in situations like yours.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178044/hard-disc-error-51-during-paging-operation/
Relevancy 55.9%

I was googling for information on Internet Explorer and trying to print some of it from a website I couldn t get it to print and suddenly a box popped up Top left has yellow triangle w exclamation inside next to that says Microsoft Windows Inside the box says Windows has lost access to the system partition during I O process This may also lead to a potential loss of data It s highly recommended to run complete HDD scan to prevent loss of files applications and documents stored on your computer Scan and repair recommended Prevents potential disks failure and loss of data Scan later Restart required See details This is on an hp laptop running Vista I watched as my desktop icons disappeared First to go was Malwarebytes The only ones remaining are Computer Network and Recycle Bin There are a bunch of windows stacked up on top of each other that I cannot read as the main popup box hides them Something about media or Error. failure detected disc Hard System It says: read write error I have not clicked It says: System Error. Hard disc failure detected on it I immediately tried to open Task Manager to shut down the popup but Task Manager will not open I am not sure I can open anything on my laptop and am using another PC to communicate with you This is where I scream quot HELP quot Thanks for listening

A:It says: System Error. Hard disc failure detected

Reboot the PC to safemode with networking

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-smart-hdd

Follow this guide.Let me know if it worked

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452696/it-says-system-error-hard-disc-failure-detected/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I hope someone can help with this virus I have windows vista on an acer aspire A couple hours ago I got an error message that said quot System error hard disk failure detected quot after that I got about error messages all layered on top of each other I tried to close windows about error Eror Disc Hard Detected some of them they wouldnt go behind my internet browser window and was looking for information online when all my desktop folders disappeared At the same time the programs in the start menu disappeared Shortly therafter the computer shut down I think I was trying to close more of the windows error windows about Hard Disc Eror Detected Now I have restarted and little dialog boxes are coming up from the windows bar at the bottom of my screen saying things like This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use quot I accidentally clicked on one they come up fast and a new window opened saying quot File Recovery quot it looks like software After appearing to run some diagnostic it has a button saying quot Repair issues quot as well as a lot of other text and menus at the top Main Check Repair and Advanced quot Does anyone know how to get this off my computer and get the folders etc all back Thanks

A:error windows about Hard Disc Eror Detected

MORE INFO: When it rebooted, I selected to reboot without repair or restoring. the error message titled "System message - Write Fault Error" came up with text "A Write command during the test has failed to complete. This may be due to a media or read/write error. the system generate an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address."

this message is showing about 20 times. there is also the original error message " system error. hard disk failure detected" with the options "scan and repair (recommended)/ prevents potential disk failure and loss of data" and " scan later/ restart required". this window also has the following text " windows has lost access to the system partition during I/O process. this may also lead to a potential loss of data. it's highly recommended to run complete HDD scan to prevent lost of files, Applications and documents stored on your computer."

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460587/error-windows-about-hard-disc-eror-detected/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm trying to do a clean Windows 8.1 64-bit after a crash but I get Error code 0xc0000225, using HP in-built recovery utility. Windows Setup also says: Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer. Kindly help. Thanks

A:Error code 0xc0000225. Hard disc is inaccessible, HP 250 G2 ...

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome !   Let's test your hardware for issues.Please, turn off your computer. Start it again by using the power-on button andas soon as you do it, keep hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) - you will enter HP startup menu similar to this one:  Choose/Press F2 and follow the on-screen instructions to perform System test >>> QUICK test. More information can be found here>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1 It should check these components:    Battery check    Processor check    System board check    Hard drive SMART check    Hard drive short DST check    Memory quick check  Let me know the results of the test.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Error-code-0xc0000225-Hard-disc-is-inaccessible-HP-250-G2/td-p/5721536
Relevancy 55.47%

I just recieved a new laptop in the mail. I went to turn it on for the first time and the screen read this:  "BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND" - Hard Disc (3F0) What do I do? I'm currently running a harddrive check, but I'm worried I should just return it for a new one. Any others with this issue out there?  Thx!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/quot-BOOT-DEVICE-NOT-FOUND-quot-Hard-Disc-3F0-Error-Message/td-p/5831997
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

Few weeks ago my laptop (dell inspiron 1525) would turn on but when trying to get on to internet or other programmes it would turn blue with error messages and the come up with the code 0141. Then when restarting it comes up with message saying 'internal hard disc drive no found' 'no bootable device'.

Tried Rebooting and Restoring but nothing seems to work.

Any suggegstions on how i can fix this problem?

any advice will be appreciated

cheers

A:Dell error code 0141 hard disc drive not found

Hi and welcome to TSF try running the dell diagnostic utility http://support.dell.com/support/top...9E3A15597A04AFBB02EE16785D39C5C&isLegacy=true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-error-code-0141-hard-disc-drive-not-found.997581/
Relevancy 54.61%

hi every one

i'm sorry if my topic is not in the wright department

and sorry again

my Problem is

i have tow hard disc and need ti instal 2 windows copy
in ech one of them
but the big problem is

i want when the pc startup founde in bios screen
2 choice
1st : xp
2nd : 7
and choose what i want to log in

this problem is making me soooooo crazy for 3 days and
finally i found a solution for it
but it is so poor
i remove one hard disc and instal the windows
and did the same for the second hard disc

but cause Moore time and hard to start my work
soo plzzzzzz
i just need someone help me and be Patient with me

your's
KOORY

A:install windows 7 in hard disc and XP in another hard disc in same pc

See this tutorial for how to setup a dual boot environment with Windows 7 and XP. It covers both methods, XP installed first or Windows 7 installed first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/176665-install-windows-7-hard-disc-xp-another-hard-disc-same-pc.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a pc running on xp home and it has been running fine, however it is now locking up on me. Since it is only 6 months old I contacted the firm that I purchased it from and explained the problem. They have suggested that because I partitioned the hard drive into 3 drives when I installed xp this could be the problem and to reformat my drive. Can anyone tell me if this could be the cause? It has run fine like I said until now so I have my doubts. Also my sons pc which is not as powerful and has a smaller hard drive runs fine set up like this, ie 3 drives. Also his pc was set up like that when I purchased it. I am very loathe to do a reinstall of xp if I don`t need to. Any help appreciated, Dojo

Relevancy 54.18%

I'm getting that error message when I boot up my computer.

Fortunately I have another hard drive on the same machine with an OS, so I can load it up on that one.

The interesting thing is that I have two partitions of the screwed up hard drive, and one of them works perfectly. I can scan it for errors, access the files, and do everything with it. However, when I try to open the other partition while loaded up on the working HDD, it takes like 5 minutes and then it gives me an error.

Is there anything I can do to fix this short of throwing it in the trash?

I'm using a western digital hard drive, but i'm not sure how to find out the specifics.

If you need any more information feel free to ask.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello

I am using windows vista , and I think I have a problem in the hard disc storage ! my C: partition capacity is 146 GB and it's almost full ! , I opened C: and looked at all the folders and files, I don't think they exceed a 30 GB ! i.e there's more than 100 GB wasted I don't know where ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

A:Solved: Hard disc capacity problem !

try treesize free and see where it's all stored at.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hard-disc-capacity-problem.936612/
Relevancy 53.75%

Im suddenly getting a window that says that "Windows detected a hard disc problem". then is instructing me to do a backup right away, which im doing right now.
my acer laptop, running wondows 7 is less than a year old, so my question is could this detection of a problem be a misread? is there a test or a fix? i checked the drive for errors twice and nothing came up. is there something i can check to verify this before i call 911 and scream?
thanks

Relevancy 53.75%

I frequently get a BSOD and often struggle to boot while the hard drive clicks audibly. The BSOD message is ***stop: 0x00 0000 F4

I am using Win 7 Home Premium on Lenovo Ideapad Z580 with a 1TB hard drive . I put a link to the specs below.

My data is backed up.

Is there a utility to try to save my hard drive? If not, is it worth getting a new drive?

Thanks
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008HD8DKQ/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Relevancy 53.75%

I installed a new hard drive in my HP Pavillion dv6700. I ordered the recovery disc from HP but I bought a hard drive elsewhere. When I put the disc in and turn on the computer I just get OS missing. Nothing happens. What did I do wrong?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ240E. I have been successfully burning video to dvds this week, but now apparently my hard disc is full!! I would like to take these files off my laptop and move them to my external hard drive, but don't know where they are stored by default or where to find that out. Anything you can tell me about what's taking up the space and where I can go to shift these files over?

Thanks very very much in advance!

Relevancy 53.75%

OOO! WISE ONES !
Have 6 years old HP with XP on it. Have win7 DVD and new hard disc that I want to put in. Not sure how to do it especially how to do master, slave HD and then how to boot to either Win7 (master) or XP.

Relevancy 52.89%

Title should have been 'HARD DRIVE'. Sorry!

I'm asking this for my son who has this problem, I think I know all specifics so here we go:

For some strange reason the hard drive is divided in 7 partitions (didn't even know that that was possible).

Windows XP, 60Gb hard drive, 1.5 GB RAM.

It still can be turned on but no web page can be opened, it does run MSN messenger.
He has tried to rebuild with the cd's that came with the laptop but that doesn't seem to work. My guess is that that is because of those 7 partitions? I'm at a loss here so ANY help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Milli.

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that I've had for 3 years. I have the restore disks that came with it that have Windows XP, drivers, etc. Currently both my CD/DVD drives have stopped working. For some reason Windows can't find the drivers. Can I use another computer to make a disc image of the restore discs on a movable hard drive and then use those images to reinstall the operating system on the Dell.

A:[SOLVED] Restore OS from disc image on hard drive

Hello avuncular, Welcome to TSF!

There are a couple of ways that might help you with this issue.

Method One: Remove the registry entry

Warning: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system.

Please Note: If you had installed multiple CD-writing software products on your computer, you need to uninstall the software products before you remove the registry keys.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.

3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

4. On the File menu, click Export.

5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.

6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Note: If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.

7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Method 2: Replace the existing driver

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2. If Control Panel is in Category view, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

If Control Panel is in Classic view, double-click System.

3. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.

4. Click the drive with the question mark (?) next to it.

5. On the Action menu, click Uninstall. When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click OK.

6. Repeat steps 4 through 5 for any other drives with question marks.

7. On the Action Menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

Close all windows and reboot the computer.

Please give these two methods a try and post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-restore-os-from-disc-image-on-hard-drive-262381.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok well someone I live with went on a rampage and felt like throwing my desktop around. Anyways, when I go to boot it up and use the Boot disc (XP Home Edition) It goes through but says it can't find the hard drive. Can someone please tell me how to fix this. I know how to open the case of my computer and everything.

All help appreciated

Relevancy 52.89%

I have just purchased a Video DVD which the author recommends copying to a hard drive as a backup. It is not copy protected. A Google search suggests copying to a disk image and then copying the image to the HD but does not say how to. If I succeed in making the copy will I be able to run the programme (A tutorial) in the same way it runs from the DVD drive which is rather noisy? Ideally I would like a solution that is not too expensive!

A:Solved: Copy a DVD video disc to a hard drive?

Simply make a folder on your HD. Put the DVD into your drive and 'Explore' it. Now simply Copy, then Paste the VIDEO_TS folder from your disc to your hard drive. Exploring the VIDEO_TS folder look for the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, double click it. You might to associate it with your media player first. You could create a shortcut to the file on your Desktop for quick play.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-copy-a-dvd-video-disc-to-a-hard-drive.778555/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I have a laptop with windows 7 installed on it. I recently got an error saying that there has been a hard drive failure or error and it says that I should back up all of my work. (I just installed the os and there is literally nothing on it. But the laptop seems to work fine, turns on fine, loads and saves at normal speeds too. I just keep on getting this error.

Can anyone help me?

Relevancy 52.89%

Note I apologize in advance as I can't remember the exact model numbers of anything It's an Intel Desktop Board though running Windows XP Home So we got this client's computer Windows XP won't boot because we get an error message stating that quot WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM quot is missing or corrupted All responses to this say to use the XP recovery disc Unfortuneately when we place the disc in it can't seem to find the hard drives Now this leads us to our next problem The IDE hard drives are set up in a RAID striped array Disc drives Can't [SOLVED] find Recovery hard onboard RAID without any form of backup During boot the motherboard scans and notices the drives without any problem Furthermore when we booted the PC from an Ubuntu Live CD we could see the drive perfectly and all files on it The quot system quot file that [SOLVED] Recovery Disc Can't find hard drives seems to be the problem is definitely corrupted because it's in the directory I know this is the registry so I'm wary of messing with it Is there any way to fix this problem WITHOUT the recovery CD Or maybe a means of getting the recovery CD to work We tried installing the motherboard's RAID drivers from a floppy yes archaic I know but that didn't do anything Any other suggestions would be great

A:[SOLVED] Recovery Disc Can't find hard drives

Have you tried using an XP CD with the raid drivers slipstreamed in to see if you can do a repair install?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-recovery-disc-cant-find-hard-drives-546976.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi guys. did a fresh install of vista and for some reason one of my hardrive partitians is not showing in "my computer". can anyone help?

thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] partitian of hard disc dissapeared after fresh install

Has the partition been formatted?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-partitian-of-hard-disc-dissapeared-after-fresh-install-311154.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Why am I suddenly getting the message "error running scripts on this page- do you want to continue running scripts?" or something like that...it's an IE5 error messge, but it's coming up on OUtlook Express 5.
It's happening a lot and getting very annoying.

A:{SOLVED} why am I suddenly getting the "error occurred with scripts on this page"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-am-i-suddenly-getting-the-error-occurred-with-scripts-on-this-page.32831/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Guys Like a someone else Explorer..." error Internet in has Solved: IE "An occurred - has already presented here I m also getting the pop-up message in my Internet Explorer that funny message quot An internal error has occurred in Internet Expolorer Internet Explorer will now close If you continue to experience the problems please restart your computer quot I m running windows I m pasting the Hijackthis log in hope that someone can help me on get rid of this nasty thing Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT Solved: IE - "An error has occurred in Internet Explorer..." MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Solved: IE - "An error has occurred in Internet Explorer..." WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system csrss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C Program Files Sygate SSA smc exe C Solved: IE - "An error has occurred in Internet Explorer..." WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT system crypserv exe C PROGRA NavNT DefWatch exe C PROGRA NavNT Rtvscan exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System snmp exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C PROGRA Udeliver CASTAN Tuner exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Courion Corporation PasswordCourier with DIRECT Access direct exe C WINNT system Atiptaxx exe C WINNT system PRPCUI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files RFA rfagent exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Kleptomania k-mania exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files FranklinCovey PlanPlus PowerNotes exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exe C PROGRA INCRED bin ImApp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C hjt HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Stationery Blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook no name - C EDAB E-D F - D -BA -C B C D - no file F - REG system ini UserInit C WINNT System Userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - DFC D-E C- B - - F E D - C WINNT system fds dll O - Toolbar no name - A AE-CDEF- D -BA -A D - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run DIRECT C Program Files Courion Corporation PasswordCourier with DIRECT Access direct exe O - HKLM Run AtiPTA Atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SSA smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run RFAgent C Program Files RFA rfagent exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveS... Read more

A:Solved: IE - "An error has occurred in Internet Explorer..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ie-an-error-has-occurred-in-internet-explorer.286597/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i decided not to make a new topic I aswell also have this problem but it only happens in has IE Internet error occurred Explorer..." [solved] "An - when i try to download stuff like maps from filefront com Here is my hjt Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System [solved] IE - "An error has occurred in Internet Explorer..." svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C WINDOWS System S tray exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C WINDOWS System w nlogon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Utilities Pop-Up Smasher PopupSmasher exe C Program Files [solved] IE - "An error has occurred in Internet Explorer..." Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http rhodeisland cox net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http minisearch startnow com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www startnow com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http minisearch startnow com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http minisearch startnow com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL SearchURL http search yellow-pages ws R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http rhodeisland cox net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EC D D- C - C D-BC -C D DA - no file O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - C WINDOWS systb dll O - BHO no name - F B-E F- B -D - C F D B - C WINDOWS System lyzrdpvo dll O - BHO no name - C -C C- D -BC B- BA E FE - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Band Class - C ABC-EB E- E -B C - A B CF - C Program Files SEP sep dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar Search - CF B - EEB- - C - EF F - C WINDOWS System stlbdist DLL file missing O - Toolbar AIM Search - D A B-D B- d - A - EE F C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll file missing O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run S TRAY S tray exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TV Media C Program Files TV Media Tvm exe O - HKLM Run N L MR GJT C WINDOWS System HuoTdA exe O - HKLM Run tvicuzmwj C WINDOWS System pugbqi exe O - HKLM Run IST Service C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe O - HKLM Run Internet Optimizer... Read more

A:[solved] IE - "An error has occurred in Internet Explorer..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ie-an-error-has-occurred-in-internet-explorer.286995/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have the same issue. It seems to happen more when I type in an address. I did a hijackthis and I noticed also the there are some Symantec items (Norton) I don't use them anymore, I use ZA (Zone Alarm) Also I don't use Windows messenger and would like to rid my pc of it. Should I check those off too?

Anyway, new PC and would like to clean out useless items. But the IE issue is my main concern.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

Help please...this thing is starting to get on my nerves.

Relevancy 52.03%

I think I may have found an answer to my boot problem. After reading the tutorial on system image restore I saw this statement.

"You can fool it into thinking that simply by marking the 7 partition as active.

May be as well to make it a "secondary" system partition , by copying across the relevant files - in case you forget to hand the active flag back"

How would I be able to make my "C" WIN7 drive my system drive instead of my "D" Vista drive. Right now my "D" Vista is my system drive.
Or, can I have two system drives at the same time? Remember these are on TWO SEPERATE hard drives.

A:How to make a hard disc a system disc

First make sure you are set to see hidden and protected files in Windows Explorer.

Copy bootmgr file from D: to C:
Copy boot folder from D: to C: and tell it to skip over copying bcd and bcd.log when it prompts.

Run this command from an elevated command prompt. You may copy and paste into it. Hit enter.

bcdedit /export C:\boot\bcd

Reboot into bios and change the primary boot device to be your C: drive.

Boot to Windows and make sure C: is now the system drive. If so, you may delete the boot folder and bootmgr file on D:

If you want two "system drives" so in case one fails you'll be able to boot from the other, don't delete anything and use bios to change drives in this instance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36225-how-make-hard-disc-system-disc.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello Friends This is getting me nuts please help I have reinstalled my Vista home premium bit OS and now i am not able to install my vodaphone router software during installation of software i get the error messges Error An error occurred during the 1935.An 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL, the during of error installation Error assembly occurred installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC ATL type quot win quot version quot quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchitecture quot x quot ' Please refer to Help and Support for more Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL, information HRESULT x B assembly interface IAssemblyCacheItem function Commit component F AF - E -DC -A F-C B B A E E i have looked into even viewer and found error Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files Common Files AccSys AccVSSvc exe quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC CRT processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis sxstrace exe could not give me much info please suggest how to proceed this is fresh installation not sure if previous installation carrying Net Framework thank you SBE

A:Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,

Hello and welcome to the Vista Forums!

It is not .net Framework that you need, but the Visual C++ Runtimes, in particular the 2005 ones.

? Download and install the following VC++ Redistributables in the following order: 2005; 2005 SP1; 2008; 2008 SP1, 2010

Web addresses:
1. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
2. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
3. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
4. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Retry. That should solve the issue. If it does not, I shall teach you sxstrace.exe!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/285365-error-1935-error-occurred-during-installation-assembly-microsoft-vc80-atl.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Symptoms When you try to view any one of the following dialog boxes the dialog box may appear to be empty or partly empty Search Companion User Accounts Windows Update An Application Player Internal Error Occurred - Error Windows To Media How Has Fix Help and Support System Restore When you try to start Microsoft Windows Media How To Fix Windows Media Player Error - An Internal Application Error Has Occurred Player you may receive an quot How To Fix Windows Media Player Error - An Internal Application Error Has Occurred An internal application error has occurred quot or a similar error message Internet Explorer may not be able to print When you click File and then click Print the Print dialog box does not appear The print preview is blank Cause This issue may occur if one or more of the Jscript registry key settings are incorrect This behavior may also occur if the Jscript dll file is missing or damaged Method Reregister Jscript dll and Vbscript dll Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type regsvr jscript dll and then click OK Click OK Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type regsvr vbscript dll and then click OK Click OK If either of the files do not register as expected or if you receive an error message the system file may be missing or damaged To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP follow these steps Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type msconfig and then click OK Click Expand File In the File to restore box type the name of the file that you want to restore In the Restore from box type the path of the Windows XP cab file where you want to restore the file or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP cab file Note The Windows XP cab files are stored in the I folder on the Windows XP CD In the Save file in box type the path where you want to extract the new file or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want Click Expand In the System Configuration Utility dialog box click OK If you are prompted to restart the computer click Restart Open a dialog box that previously experienced the issue that is described in the quot Symptoms quot section of this article If the issue recurs go to the next method Method Edit the registryWarning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly Use Registry Editor at your own risk Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type regedit and then click OK Locate the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID f c - ac - cf-b d - aa bbbb InprocServer The Default value data should contain the following value C WINDOWS SYSTEM JSCRIPT DLL If it does not double-click Default type C WINDOWS SYSTEM JSCRIPT DLL in the Value data box and then click OK The ThreadingModel value data should contain the following value Both If it does not double-click ThreadingModel and then type Both in the Value data box Locate the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID f c - ac - cf-b d - aa bbbb InprocServer Repeat steps and to edit this key and then go to step Locate the following registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE CLASSES CLSID f c - ac - cf-b d - aa bbbb InprocServer Repeat steps and to edit this key and then go to step Exit Registry Editor Taken from Microsoft knowledge base article http support microsoft com kbid

A:How To Fix Windows Media Player Error - An Internal Application Error Has Occurred

i've tried both methods but nothing seems to work. i can't even uninstall the application or reinstall it.
please help if there is another method. thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54694/how-to-fix-windows-media-player-error-an-internal-application-error-has-occurred/
Relevancy 51.17%

Please someone help me I am running XP Home edition with IE All updates have been installed for both packages in addition all updates for other programs have been updated and installed when appropriate MS Office With MS Outlook has been from D:\Data1.msi while reading network Error:1316 occurred the error file: working on my POC almost flawlessly for several years All of a sudden it has been acting funny So I decided to reinstalled repair it I have a hard time updating and repairing Office I keep getting the error message code networking error DATA pro msi I have followed MS help site word by word but to no avail http support microsoft com kb I did a virus info update and full scan Scanned Error:1316 network error occurred while reading from the file: D:\Data1.msi for spy ware with two packages Ad Aware and A-Square Defragged Checkdsk Registry cleanup Removed all startup items that aren t necessary Tried disabling the anti-virus software I also ran an XP system repair and a system file check Cleared all Temporary Internet Files and cookies etc I usually run http www ccleaner com CCleaner on start-up I disable the Find Fast Indexer http support microsoft com default amp Product ofw or http tinyurl com tkwm Tried to run system restore and did not work I copied the entire CD s content to the hard drive and perform following steps o xcopy e newcopy f s e i h - Opened the Setup ini file on the hard drive - Changed the quot MSI Data Pro msi quot line to quot MSI Data msi quot - Saved the changes made to Setup ini - Renamed Data Pro msi to Data msi - Run Setup exe o Did not work Nothing seems to work When I try to unistall it I get the same error message Help Please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-1316-network-error-occurred-while-reading-from-the-file-d-data1-msi.761013/
Relevancy 51.17%

First my machine specs http www evga com community ModsRi asp sysid Im using Windows Ultimate x Im having some issues with my computer freezing this occurs while using a quot patcher quot to download content to a mmo game and sometimes while playing d games My event viewer has this all the time -------------------------------------------------------- A corrected hardware hardware error has Generic occurred, Hierarchy corrected Error A Cache error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Corrected Machine Check Error Type Generic Cache Hierarchy Error Processor ID The details view of this entry contains further information -------------------------------------------------------- Name Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Guid C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID - Correlation ActivityID A D -EFE - F B-B - D A E C D - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer blabla-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData ErrorSource ApicId MCABank MciStat x c e MciAddr x MciMisc x ErrorType TransactionType Participation RequestType MemorIO MemHierarchyLvl Timeout OperationType Channel Length RawData ASK IF YOU NEED THIS really long A corrected hardware error has occurred, Generic Cache Hierarchy Error text -------------------------------------------------------- What could this be Could A corrected hardware error has occurred, Generic Cache Hierarchy Error it be overheating components Bad cpu or mb

A:A corrected hardware error has occurred, Generic Cache Hierarchy Error

Please provide this information: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Although you haven't mentioned any BSOD's, the info will provide us with some details so we can try to figure this out.

In general, a machine check is related to an error that's recognized by your CPU and reported to Windows. There's not usually much information in the error reports so we have to fiddle around trying to figure it out.

Most often these are either hardware problems (something's busted) or compatibility issues (either software or hardware).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/a-corrected-hardware-error-has-occurred-generic-cache-hierarchy-error-477800.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an error message: An error occurred while loading a file. AOL will attempt to restore the file. My emails, however, are affected. I have email icons without subjects. The emails do open but I cannot know what they are or who sent them prior to opening and I cannot download attachments, answer or forward the messages. This is a potential disaster if I cannot fix this quickly.

Any help appreciated.

A:Error message: An error occurred while loading a file. AOL will attempt to restore...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feetone

I have an error message: An error occurred while loading a file. AOL will attempt to restore the file. My emails, however, are affected. I have email icons without subjects. The emails do open but I cannot know what they are or who sent them prior to opening and I cannot download attachments, answer or forward the messages. This is a potential disaster if I cannot fix this quickly.

Any help appreciated.

ok your issue is aol....

if you need to use aol, go to aol.com you can check your email there via the web so you should have no problems with downloading or what not

now onto aol.... dont use it unless you HAVE to

contact aol for support for their program..

thanks
Wolf~

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-an-error-occurred-while-loading-a-file-aol-will-attempt-to-restore-285855.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone. Starting just this night, I started getting a no disc error when doing certain things on the computer. First, it started when I tried to open MySpace IM. It gave me a no disc error when I tried to load MySpace IM. This has never happened before. Then just now, I opened Date and Time Properties and got a no disc error. I tried opening Date and Time Properties again and this time did not get a no disc error. Then I tried opening Date and Time Properties one more time and again, I got a no disc error. I have to click the cancel button on the error at least 5 times to make it go away as it just keeps coming up. Please help!

Relevancy 50.74%

i just installed google chrome from online installer and then i moved the file using application mover to the HDD.. then i pasted a symlink in "C:\Program Files (x86)\" ... "C:\" is the SSD where the windows and the drivers are installed.... when i turn on chrome everything works file.. but the updater doesn't work... when i try to update i get this:

can anyone help me get that fixed.. thanks!

A:Update failed (error: 3)An error occurred while checking for updates:

Just uninstall Chrome then install it directly to the destination you want it installed instead of moving it post installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346220-update-failed-error-3-error-occurred-while-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When i make send/ receive i can send message from my outbox but for received e-mails i receive the following message "An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'pop.secureserver.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0133

A:OutlooAn unknown error has occurred. Accountk Express Error

This worked for someone else:http://www.emailquestions.com/outlook-express/2259-outlook-express-error-0x800c0133-corrupted-inbox-file.htmlhttp://sdfox7.com

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/outlooan-unknown-error-has-occurred-accountk-express-error/203237.html
Relevancy 50.74%

While trying to start up my Dell laptop with Vista Home Basic installed on it I got an error 0xc00000e9 error occurred booting: has while Vista error unexpected saying that the winload exe is missing I ran the bcdedit commands to set the osdevice and device partitions While trying to boot again got an error again this time saying that Kernel is missing Vista error while booting: 0xc00000e9 unexpected error has occurred or corrupt I tried to run a repair using the Vista installation cd but the repair failed midway I tried to do a clean reinstall on the machine which completed successfully But when I tried to boot the machine again it gave an error xc e unexpected error has occurred with no other options Running repair and reinstallation again did not work I see that a lot of people have faced this problem but I could not find any solution which would work for me Any clue about how to solve this and what is the cause of this problem It has been really frustrating till now

A:Vista error while booting: 0xc00000e9 unexpected error has occurred

Hello IamThe,
If the E9 code is correct, then this is the bugcheck for your error.

STOP 0x000000E9: ACTIVE_EX_WORKER_THREAD_TERMINATION

Usual causes: Device driver

As you can see, the most probable cause is a driver.

Have you tried to boot into safe mode ?.
If you can get to safe mode with networking, go to C > Windows > Minidump and upload the files. You may need to save them to desktop before you zip them up and upload them.

Take a look and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277929-vista-error-while-booting-0xc00000e9-unexpected-error-has-occurred.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently re-installed windows and am now trying to install the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010). All goes well, it installs everything, but as it finished I get this error:
I have tried redownloading, using other installers and updating my graphics drivers. Nothing will work. It's probably worth mentioning that the first time I tried installing, about a week ago, my computer totally froze in the middle of the install and I had to force restart.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

A:DirectX install error - An internal system error occurred.

Welcome to Seven Forums callumshell1. The 1st thing I would suggest would be to run the System Files Checker.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

See if it finds and corrects any errors. Also, see if you locate the 2 dx logs mentioned, in the windows directory, and post them here, or just the text if they are short, which they may well be.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/203092-directx-install-error-internal-system-error-occurred.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Has anybody received this error message? I've found other threads where people post the same problem, but I haven't seen any solutions. Essentially, every time I troubleshoot ANYTHING (wifi-connectivity, printer troubleshooting, etc.), I get this error message.

I got this error message when troubleshooting my printer. It states: An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue.

Package ID: Unknown
Path: Unknown
Error code: 0x80070005
Source: Temporary files
User: JJ-HP\JJ
Context: Restricted.

Any ideas?

A:An error occurred while troubleshooting. Error code 0x80070005.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Create a new administrator account,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/Create-a-user-account
If the issue does not occur in new user account then refer the following link to fix the corrupted user account.
Fix a corrupted user profile - Windows Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354789-error-occurred-while-troubleshooting-error-code-0x80070005.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So it all started when i was trying to install Itunes and right before it was done installing i got this error quot An error occurred during the installation error 1935 error assembly occurred installation an of during the of assembly 'Microsoft VC CRT version quot quot type quot win publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchitecture quot x quot Please refer to Help and Support for more information HRESULT x b quot So i do some research and learn error 1935 an error occurred during the installation of assembly that i need a newer version of microsoft visual c I try install that and i get this 'Error An error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft VC ATL type quot win quot version quot quot quot publicKeyToken quot quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchitecture quot X quot Ive also noticed some other strange things such as my windows module installer says started and i cant stop it so i think theres something wrong with that and everytime i put in sfc scannnow it says windows resource protection could not preform the following operation My windows updates also dont work i get code Please help me I have some skills on the computer but they are somewhat limited but im sure i can follow the instructions

A:error 1935 an error occurred during the installation of assembly

some one please help?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288836-error-1935-error-occurred-during-installation-assembly.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I recently switched out unexpected 0x8007003B: error occurred network Error An an older Netgear router for the Netgear WNDR I have a TB WD MyBookWorld connected Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred via ethernet to the router Ever since the router switch I have been having two specifice issues While uploading videos to Facebook the video will upload Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred anywhere from several MB up to over MB then stall saying it's still uploading but trust me it isn't I can copy files folders from the networked hard drive to my computer flawlessly but when I try to copy files folders from my computer to the networked hard drive it copies anywhere from a few seconds to maybe a couple minutes then stalls out giving the error message quot Network Error There was a problem accessing SERVER FOLDER Make sure you are connected to the network and try again quot with Retry Skip and Cancel When cancel is pressed it gives quot An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file If you continue to receive this error you can use the error code to search for help with this problem Error x B An unexpected network error occurred Other useful information on the new router the WNDR if I use WEP security I can copy files folders to the hard drive no problem However if I try to use WPA WPA the abovementioned problems occur I would use WEP and just forget the hassle but WPA is much faster and more secure so I really want to get this fixed I also believe the two problems are somehow related considering they both involve working for a few seconds to a few minutes then stalling and failing Could this be somekind of authentication or something to do with WPA WPA that I'm doing wrong Any help suggestions SOLUTIONS are very appreciated as this has been on my nerves like crazy Thank you

A:Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred

Hmmmm, Tough Problem.

One of the things it could be is a loose connection, and it keeps on dropping out. Try checking all of your Patch (Ethernet) Cables and reconnecting them all.

As you can copy the files on WEP, it seems like windows is preventing a so called 'Hacker' (You) from copying a 'Virus' (Files) onto the HD. Try to edit the security settings yourself, edit the sharing options in the HD's properties and that might fix it...

Sorry about the long wait.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103632-error-0x8007003b-unexpected-network-error-occurred.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,I just started my computer up for the first time and a keep getting a bright red screen with an error saying: "Red Screen!!! - Factory Processing Error Occurred error" It says to restart the computer but it just keeps happening!I bought this computer to be able to work from home on Tuesday so I urgently need this resolved!Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Red-Screen-Factory-Processing-Error-Occurred-error-and-a/td-p/5836540
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
i got this error on a win 8.1 pro after a total transfered amount of ~41 MB :
Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred.

- connection via sslvpn using a ntfs share on a dfs in a Domain network as letter-mapped share via gpo.

If i use map networkfolder without a letter, it will work fine also with large files with more than 80 MBThe symantec endpoint protection was turned of! Same error...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d300cbc7-a8b5-4c9d-861e-6987e471f982/error-0x8007003b-an-unexpected-network-error-occurred?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello
I have been receiving this error message for the last two weeks while trying to transfer files from a network drive into my laptop. I have a 3TB WD My Book Live connected to my home network through a netgear DGN2000 router. I also use it to stream videos
to a smart tv.
I didn't have any problem ever since I connected it the first time. However, it has started showing up this error message now. I can't copy or move files either way. I tried a number of options, such as reset my router, shut down and reconnected the network
drive but none seem to have worked now. Now, I can't stream videos. Also, I am not able to upgrade the firmware of the network drive.
Any help please.
Thanks

A:Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred.

Hi,
Do you have some anti-virus software installed and set to scan network drive, temporarily disable it, check if that is the cause.
I also suggest you update the firmware of your router.
Please alos share more information in event viewer with us as mentioned by ZigZag31343x

Meanwhile you can contact the support of My Book Live
http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=280
NOTE
This
response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
Microsoft
does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites.

Regards

Yolanda
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01b5f31b-e911-410f-a24e-f5175ceed709/error-0x8007003b-an-unexpected-network-error-occurred?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

I am attempting to re-intall my my OS Windows -bit an am encountering this error quot Windows has encountered a problem with a device connected to your computer This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or or CD-ROM drive that is Error Disc Instalation [SOLVED] failing Make sure that any revomable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer If you continue to receive this error message please contact the hardware manufacturer Status xc e Info An unexpected I O error has occurred quot Now the strange thing is that there is no removable storage attached to my computer The only items currently plugged into my computer are the [SOLVED] Instalation Disc Error mouse keyboard power cord and ethernet cable As for quot hard drive or or CD-ROM drive that is failing quot I only have an SSD and one CD drive connected to the computer In know that the SSD [SOLVED] Instalation Disc Error is functional becuase I can still access the on install I don't know [SOLVED] Instalation Disc Error how to confirm that the CD drive is working but I don't have any reason to think that it's not None of this was a problem a few months ago when I originally installed the OS I know that an SSD is different from an HDD maybe the install disc thinks it's removable storage Any suggestions on how I can get past this error

A:[SOLVED] Instalation Disc Error

You can run diagnostics on the hard drive by downloading the diagnostic tool for the hard drive brand and making a bootable disc.

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

See this for how to make a bootable cd:

How to Burn a Bootable ISO File

If the rive passes diagnostics, it's Probably worth testing your memory . . click on the link to Memtest in my signature . . let it run on one stick at a time overnite or until it starts reporting errors

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-instalation-disc-error-613936.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there I space Disc error Solved: tried to google this problem but entering not enough space into google comes up with a lot of random junk e g zoo websites with not enough space for animals When I install any programs they all report that i have my gb free which windows and all hd space reporting programs say but when they actually go to install they say not enough space I have updated antivirus ran a virus scan I have ran a scandisk I have ran registry mechanic and fixed errors I am lost on what to do to fix the problem Sad I have a suspision this may have something to do with it Basically I had my drive letters as follows C windows drive D cd drive E games F programs my cd drive jumped to f so now they are C windows drive D games E programs F cd drive i reinstalled all games and programs to fix the registry problems but now for some reason nothing will install saying not enough space maybe it s something to do with it looking at E s free space mb instead of D s where it should actually be installing Solved: Disc space error If anyone could help i would really apprechiate it Very Happy Or some cool suggestions on how I can fix it Smile ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- my system info ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Intel Pentium CPU GHz Socket MHz MHz FSB load CPU Intel Pentium CPU GHz Socket MHz MHz FSB load Motherboard http www abit com tw IC IC -G Intel i P-ICH version RAM module Solved: Disc space error MB form factor DIMM type SDRAM RAM module MB form factor DIMM type SDRAM Drive FUJITSU MPC AT GB size partition s IDE interface Drive IC L AVV - GB size partition s IDE interface Drive Maxtor E L GB size partition s IDE interface Video controller NVIDIA GeForce Processor GeForce MB x x Hz Non Interlaced driver version Sound card Creative X-Fi Audio Processor WDM brand Creative Technology Ltd Operating system Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP version processes running MB free RAM installed y w d h m s ago d h m s uptime nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Acer Laptop on Windows 7 or Vista
Laptop was in PC shop some years back getting a fault fixed and not sure if the guy who fixed it changed it from Vista to Windows 7 as means to fix whatever was wrong. Sorry if this complicates things?

when surfing the net the pc froze and the screen went black displying the following:

"A Disc Read Error Occurred" and underneath this message:

"Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart"

I followed the simple instrctions above but it just keeps going back to the "Disc Read Error" as above?

i dont have a recovery disc

Any advice would be grealty appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disc-read-error.1144649/
Relevancy 50.31%

User had a GB Maxtor HD that began displaying S M A R T warnings I created an image of his HD using PQDI His machine is an HP Vectra VLi and I found the image to contain a small partition called HP HIPA which apparently contains HP utilities and such Drive Image is unable to restore that disc read error [Solved] partition New hard drive arrives from HP and it s a GB Seagate Barracuda Created one primary partition and then restored the image I d made from the user s old HD Edited boot ini so that it looks to partition for the boot record rather than partition since there is now only one partition no HP utils Booting from this new drive I get quot Searching for boot record from IDE- OK quot followed by quot disk read error has occured quot and I m prompted to reboot Ran chkdsk and found no errors Thoughts [Solved] disc read error on how to resolve this situation Thx nbsp

A:[Solved] disc read error

The system partition need repairing, see link for details how: http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm#How to Repair the Boot Sector:

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disc-read-error.108983/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a serious problem with this dual boot I attempted to create a WinXP partition onto my pre-installed Windows computer I shrank my partition creating about GB of space for XP I have another drive I use for data After error 7/XP disc dual Problem Solved: doing that I installed XP on the GB partition which XP had Solved: Problem dual 7/XP disc error no problem seeing When XP went to reboot which is does during install the computer never came back up in any OS The last message on the bottom of the POST screen is quot Disk error press ctl alt del to restart quot It boots to no where I tried changed the boot order it was already on HD so no good Looked in BIOS for something anything and found nothing Tried hitting F natta So I am at a loss as to what I can do here I would rather not have to reinstall the Windows since I have that already configured how I want and have all my programs installed To have to redo both OSes would really suck Any ideas Can I at least save my OS I have searched far and wide for this same problem I found one other person who had the same issue on another forum and no one ever answered her at least not in the forum Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Problem dual 7/XP disc error

Welcome to TSG!

You can probably recover the Win 7 install, but XP will have overwritten the MBR, so you might not have access to the Built in Recovery features you'd get by tapping F8. In that case, you'll need the Win 7 Disk.

The BIOS may control the access instead of the MBR though, so watch the screen when you first turn it on, look for a keypress needed to start a Recovery Mode.
If there is an option for a boot menu, try that, it may have a Repair/Recovery option.

Using the disk:
Boot with the Win 7 Disk
select Language, click Next
Click Repair your Computer
It will scan for Windows Vista/7 installs
Select the Win 7 install when found
Win 7 disk only - Select the top option to Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows..
Click Next
Click Startup Repair.

This may have to be repeated 2-3 times.

I'm assuming this system has a SATA hard drive. To install XP you have to provide the SATA driver during the install, either on a floppy disk and pressing F6 soon after you boot with the XP CD, or by slip streaming them into a new XP CD.

The third option is to change the controller mode in the BIOS from AHCI to IDE, but that would likely make Win 7 unbootable.
Going from IDE to AHCI just requires enabling the driver in the registry first, but I'm not sure about the reverse.

If you don't have a Win 7 disk, you may be able to download and use a Vista Recovery Environment CD from one of these links:
Vista Recovery Environment CD
64 bit Vista
32 bit Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-dual-7-xp-disc-error.887099/
Relevancy 49.88%

I m using Error CD illegal Disc Solved: Nero 7 a Toshiba satellite C windows bit Laptop and Solved: Nero 7 CD illegal Disc Error Nero I can burn DATA DVD and Burn DVD movies using TDK DVD-R DISK but i am getting illegal Disc Error when trying to make a CD MUSIC DISK with MEMOREX CD-R The process starts to burn but quickly stops after a minute or less I have tried burning with all the speeds Nero lets me choose I saved the log so if anyone can please help me i would be grateful I m trying to make a music CD of my fathers favorite OLD OLD music for fathers day At the very end of the log it says illegal disc Legend Toshiba C -A K - E -MAAX- E- Solved: Nero 7 CD illegal Disc Error AC- Windows XP Solved: Nero 7 CD illegal Disc Error AMD Wow Process WinAspi - NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Nero Express Recorder lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ AS gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data - gt ATAPI detected Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC recorder CD-ROM lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ AS gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ AS iaStor Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral TOSHIBA MK GSXN iaStor Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ AS D CdRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL PM CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Boda Gris mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Viejo Carrusel mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Amor Robado mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Carcel Sin Rejas mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - China Hereje mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Copas y amigos mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Corazon Herido mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Debo y Pagare mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - El Bardo mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Golondrina Viajera mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Insaciable mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - La Cama Vacia mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - La Cancion De Mis Recuerdos mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - La Ultima Copa mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Los Reyes LLegaron mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Mas Dano Me Hizo Tu Amor mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - No Te Perdono Mas mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Quiero Beber MP Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Rebeldia mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Complejo mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Boda Gris MPEG Audio Layer mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Felipe Rodriguez - Carterita mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name - Enlutada MP Track Length Pause frames Filters Name - Cria Cuervos MP Track Length Pause frames Filters Name - Soledad Sin Ti MP Track Length Pause frames Filters Name - El Maniserito MP Total size PM Text File Burncd cpp Line MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ AS Buffer underrun protection activated PM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Beginning burn process PM T... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a windows vista home premium and it has had several problems since I purchased it I have a GB seagate hd after installing vista and using it for days it randomly shut off on me so I decided to recover vista to factory defaults using a recovery Disc Vista was running followed read disc by error Solved: Kernel_data_inpage_error fine after recovering one day later while I was playing an online FPs called Soldier Front lag free My computer gave me the blue screen hardware has maltfunctioned Kernel data Inpage error then some and s My computer restarted and gave me the disc read error press ctrl alt del to restart but after clicking ctrl alt del it restarted to the acer screen and froze monitor and cpu is acer I cant go into safe mode because clicking f didnt work but i can boot into the other settings clicking f or delete I got fed up and bought another harddrive GB western digital caviar Solved: Kernel_data_inpage_error followed by disc read error blue then the exact same thing happened to the new hard drive and their are no errors on this hard drive Chkdisc confirmed it and I also ran a memtest I can boot into vista with this new harddrive but it will give me the blue screen of death after minutes and this continues Im really angry at the moment so can someone please help me Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone This is my first time posting here have been reading the forums for a while though as I now have a unsupported error with disc A [SOLVED] format couple of problems I really hope someone has a solution as I'm out of ideas My computer specs are I'm running Vista Ultimate Intel e Gigabyte GA-X -DQ GB Corsair dominator DDR Ram LG GGC-H L SuperMulti-Blu BD HD [SOLVED] A disc with unsupported format error DVD CD drive Problem I encountered yesterday for the first time A disc with unsupported format in drive A I tried watching a Blu-ray movie and this is the error I [SOLVED] A disc with unsupported format error get from PowerDVD I tried a HD-DVD movie same error I proceeded to uninstall Powerdvd re-boot re-install reboot and tried to play again same error I tried a registry roll-back different ones from previous weeks Same error I applied the latest patch from cyberlink No dice I uninstalled the LG drive re-booted re-installed Same error I tried opening in WMP as I have the K-lite codec pack and it just gives me the unsupported file type error I [SOLVED] A disc with unsupported format error tried opening both discs again in Windows Media Center and I get the No-decoder installed error yet powerdvd and my codec packs are installed I'm stumped Everything worked before no hardware changes no windows updates no software changes except for the fact I deleted the old Nero directory since Nero has not been installed in over months didn't really like the trial version as my machine froze repeatedly Problem is that if I open my burning software which used to work as well it tells me that there is no burner in my system I tried running sfc scannow and it didn't report any errors either HELP Thank you in advance

A:[SOLVED] A disc with unsupported format error

have you left a floppy disc in the drive
remove the filters
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-a-disc-with-unsupported-format-error-311466.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have been trying come up with a solution for this issue for awhile and am at my wits end After upgrading my PC http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId c to Windows a few months ago my PC will randomly not boot more often than not and I will receive the following error message upon booting Error No boot disc disc has been has failed... detected boot disc No Error: or the has been detected or the disc has failed I then have to manually shut down the PC When I select F upon booting and enter through the bios and simply select ignore changes and exit the PC will then load normally It happens seemingly at random Sometimes I can restart the PC a couple times in a row without issues Typically I have to go through the bios though and I avoid powering down the PC at all if I can I have done numerous tests on the hard disks and they have all passed I have checked the connections from the HD to the motherboard and there are no issues there I flashed the bios to the newest version as well I tried downgrading as well as refreshing Windows to no avail Help Thank you in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Error-No-boot-disc-has-been-detected-or-the-disc-has-failed/td-p/5734069
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello folks!

I got a problem with my FF browser.
I cant watch videos on youtube for some reason all i get is a massage "an error occurred, please try again later".
Last night it was all fine, and i could watch the videos, but not today.
I can watch the videos in IE and chrome.
Ive cleared my cache and tried to disable my plugins and enable them again but no luck.

Any idea what the problem can be?

A:An error occurred!

If its isolated to one browser its probably easier to just uninstall/reinstall FF

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/304804-error-occurred.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have just recently purchased Adobe Photoshop Premier Elements After installation PSE was working perfectly The first time I open PE I received an error message that read Error quot Sorry a serious error has occurred that requires serious a Sorry, error occurred... Premier Elements to shut down We will attempted to save your current project quot I Sorry, a serious error occurred... found the following page at Adobe com that I thought help me solve the problem Everything seemed to be working properly with both programs http kb adobe com cps kb html Now it is a couple of days later and boths programs are now giving me this error I am wondering if it is because of a previous version that I downloaded as a trial to see if it was a program that I could make use of Could this previous version be playing havoc with the newer version Computer Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ACER MCP NVIDIA MCP Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled I tried to attach the Dxdiag hope I did it correctly If there is someone that has experienced this problem or someone that can help me solve this issue Thank in advance Chris nbsp

A:Sorry, a serious error occurred...

You should always uninstall trial versions of software before installing full versions, unless the trial version can be converted to a full version by entering a product key that you've bought separately.

But in your case what I said first applies - you should have removed the trial version first.

Uninstall all instances of Photoshop Elements & Premier Elements (both trial & full versions)
Restart Windows
Re-install the full versions that you bought.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sorry-a-serious-error-occurred.993636/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there,
Can somebody help me as to a small problem with w.m.p. 11, Have recently purchased a turntable to convert all my vinals to cd, (yes an ageing hippy) no problem with the program that came with it ( audacity ) have nearly mastered it, it records on to my hard drive as wave files wich w.m.p. 11 plays with no problem.
Now this is the bit when i go to burn to cd it comes up with a small red dot with a white cross on it and a message as follows, an error occurred, am i doing something totaly wrong or am i just a bit thick, could someone help me out hear please as the ageing hippy is not getting any younger lol.

Relevancy 49.45%

Suddenly in the past couple of days I am getting the following error messages DNS error occurred Server cannot be found The link may be broken The connection was reset The connection to the server occurred DNS error was reset while the page was loading a I am using a Dell Inspiron Model E Laptop b I am using a Netgear Router c I am using Firefox Version At work I do not have this issue I only have the issue at home I am puzzled by what the sudden cause DNS error occurred of this could DNS error occurred be as I have not had this problem in the - years that i have been set up wirelessly at home The only change that I have DNS error occurred noticed which may or not be related to this problem is that when I look at the wireless networks available a quot Linksys quot network shows up which I suspect belongs to a neighbor My wireless network is not quot Security-Enabled quot so I do not know if this could be related to this recent problem rearing its ugly head Any assistance or guidance will be greatly appreciated and would prompt me to write Santa and encourage him to send extra Milk and Cookies to anyone who would be so kind as to take the time to help me Thank you Lewis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269891/dns-error-occurred/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi im trying to register my laptop but keep getting the above message. Ive checked the SN. anybody got a suggestion. thanks.

A:cannot reg my l/t keep getting 'An error occurred ...

Hi jjonnic,
We've recently rolled out some updates that were supposed to address most of these issues. If you could, please send me a private message with your SN and a screenshot of the error you're receiving.

Thanks,Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/cannot-reg-my-l-t-keep-getting-An-error-occurred-in-your-request/td-p/426825/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

When I watching a video and if I pause the video and play again sometimes I'm getting an error "An error occurred please try again later" with the black background and some error code. I got this error with Firefox and chrome.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/how-fix-youtube-error-occurred-4610682/