Windows Support Forum

black dotr amd black smear on monitor screen

Q: black dotr amd black smear on monitor screen

A black dot 1" in diameter and some black smears have appeared on the bottom right corner of my screen. I believe whatever page I have up is ok behind it. And I think it is getting bigger. Monitor is a Dell 19 " Analog Flat Panel. Maybe it is finished.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: black dotr amd black smear on monitor screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.46%

How can I eliminate the black vertical smear going down the page on HP Laserjet 6mp?

A:Black Vertical Smear on Page, HP Laserjet 6mp

I have had the same problem. For me, it was an indication the rollers in the toner cartridge were worn out and nothing short of replacing the cartridge would fix it.

Mine is always on the right side of the page and gets progressively wider and darker until it takes up so much of the page that it is no longer usable even for printing to read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-vertical-smear-on-page-hp-laserjet-6mp.178030/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I had to switch monitors and video cards both when the old monitor broke black, red, blue displays black text monitor as mix of LED which was working perfectly it was by max resolution This new monitor is p wide screen by The old AMD card was x the new video card is Gt This new Westnghouse Tv - monitor combo an LD has terrible text colors Instead of all black it just randomly throws up colored text If I zoom the screen the text reverts to all black If I zoom out the screen the text goes to a mix of black red blue letters If I do a full zoom LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue out black text looks like a LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue lit up Christmas tree of colors I am using an HDMI cable and Nvidia driver LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue Here is a picture taken with a cell phone If I shared a screen shot you will see normal colors Will getting an DVI to HDMI adapter help The monitor TV only has VGA and HDMI no DVI input If I change from p to i the text color issue is solved but the text is not as sharp

A:LED monitor displays black text as mix of red, black, blue

You're sure that the monitor supports 1080p not 1080i? I ask because some TV's only support up to 1080i.

Based on what you've said and are showing us, I think this might be the case. Judging from that picture, that TV does not like 1080p.

Edit:

Although I just checked the model out online and the literature all says 1080p. Is there a setting on the TV that allows you to switch between 1080i and 1080p? Or does it do it automatically?

Edit again:

I just went through the instruction book, and nowhere does it say 1080p. Something you could try is going into the PC settings and adjusting the clock and the phase controls. It may help, or it may only apply to the TV's VGA connector, I don't know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398352-led-monitor-displays-black-text-mix-red-black-blue.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 79.55%

ok guys here is the problem my friend decided to right click on his desk top and click properties so he could change the screen resolution and after doing this he ended up with a black screen with a floating box with the word ungultiges signal and under neath Black On Monitor Screen that it says khz and khz with a red box a green box and a blue box floating up and down on the screen i have tried booting it with f to get it into system restore but to no avail i can see the screen loading up with windows on the monitor and i can also see all Black Screen On Monitor the commands when i have done an f but when you pick an option like safe mode and wait for it to show you the next command it just goes to a black screen with the above Black Screen On Monitor problem floating around if anyone can tell me any cure for this it will be most appreciated as i have never come across this type of fault before best rgrds bobby

A:Black Screen On Monitor

When you hit F8 you should see an Enable VGA Mode option further down on the list. You might try that and see if it works.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39195/black-screen-on-monitor/
Relevancy 79.55%

Ok I have screen please? is black ...help monitor My a Dell Dimension running XP Several months back I installed an Nvidia graphics card which has been working fine Yesterday I decided to remove the mb video card to put it in another computer So i UNinstalled the Nvidia graphics card drivers etc I then shut down my computer and moved the monitor plug in to the onboard graphics slot When I booted up my system it shows windows loading screen but when windows trys to load I only get a black screen and can only hear My monitor screen is black ...help please? the sound So i tried removing the Nvidia graphics card out of its slot and rebooted again to no avail I made sure the BIOS settings read onboard video with no luck as well So I found my reinstallation driver disc that dell provided me with I tried installing it by booting via my drive and it came up with the options to install THe problem there is it keeps saying FAIL on the screen Oh and I tried the boot via SAFE MODE but I get errors coming up here is a few examples MULTI disk rdisk partition WINDOWS SYSTEM intl nls MULTI disk rdisk partition WINDOWS DRIVERS ACPI sys MULTI disk rdisk partition WINDOWS DRIVERS pciide sys It was completely my fault for being a dork and uninstalled the Nvidia software without switching this over first and testing it O So if anyone could possibly help me with this problem please let me know It s my business computer and it s just sitting there momentarily K Help anyone I ll try to save you a cookie O thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Just built a new computer gigabyte ga-78LMT-S2P AMD FX 4100 quad 4gb ram no video card. Gigabyte support said mobo chip is bad, Not true I connected a CRT works fine installed all drivers reconnected LCD black screen. What can I do

Relevancy 79.55%

I hope someone can help me with a problem ai have with a Monitor Until recently i had a PC with one Geforce Gtx on which I was running Monitor? on Screen Black Monitors Both on DVI One Benq as main Monitor and a HP as secondary Was running fine Now because of some other Hardware broke i decided to get all new Hardware for the PC The only remaining things were my Harddrives Now i have a Geforce gtx from Zotac Black Screen on Monitor? After putting it all together and using the same Monitor situation I noticed my main monitor to go black sometimes Never the other Because that Monitor the Benq had HDMI and my new graphics card as well i tried attaching that one via HDMI It worked for a bit but it started again The Monitor went black sometimes and just stayed that way It only has a picture for a few seconds if for example you restart the computer For a few seconds it shows you the loadscreen of the Bios at the beginning when the monitor gets the first signal after starting the Computer Same after loading and when the Windows logon Screen shows but only for a few seconds then it goes back to black The other Monitor the HP works fine On that I can only test DVI not HDMI Is that problem now a Monitor problem or that of the graphics card But if it would be a problem with the graphics card why would it only happen with the Benq Monitor and not with the HP Or is there a general problem with graphics adapters on the Gtx Series I am using the latest Nvidia driver that was released however since I just updated to that driver today had the previous xx driver installed before could it be a driver issue If anyone knows what it could be or what would be the likely issue I appreciate any help with this Need to make sure whats broken and if I have to return the graphics card or get a new monitor or what else Thanks in advance Wolfseye

A:Black Screen on Monitor?

So the monitor is not affected until Windows loads? ie It doesn't blank out during POSTing ?

If so, it would be a driver issue rather than physical hardware.

I'd check out the nvidia forums to see if anyone else is having the similar issue. There may be an issue with the HDMI input and the 770 series.

Is it possible to connect both monitors via DVI?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/312417-black-screen-monitor.html
Relevancy 79.55%

i have just built my first pc and well there is a black bar around the screen . so the picture doesn't fill the whole screen. its kind of annoying. please help.

A:black bar on monitor screen.

if you need pc specs just ask.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/311387-black-bar-monitor-screen.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I had a new hard drive installed and I had to reinstall all of my drivers myself because the recovery cd didn t supply the information Prior to changing the hard drive when my children would play online games they didn t have any problems Now when ever they play any online games the monitor flickers on and off and then just stays black Monitor Black Screen!!! If a game is loaded on my computer the screen works fine this only happens with online games I checked with my ISP company and there is no ping in my internet connection I had my Norton configured by the company I did a complete recovery on my system reinstalled windows and updated all the drivers that would accept it My video driver would not accept the update but it took the one which is what I was running before the new hard drive I also had a new fan installed the one in front of the motherboard I don t know how to check the temperature of the computer so I cannot give you that information My monitor is a flat screen CRT inch Field Value Computer Computer Type ACPI Multiprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name VISCOM- JRZHEUB Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name PCChips P G PCI Black Monitor Screen!!! AGP CNR DDR DIMM Audio Video LAN Motherboard Chipset VIA P M System Memory TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Black Monitor Screen!!! Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter VIA Black Monitor Screen!!! S G UniChrome IGP MB D Accelerator VIA S G UniChrome Multimedia Audio Adapter BrookTree Bt Video Capture Device - Audio Section Audio Adapter Realtek ALC VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller - IDE Controller VIA Serial ATA Controller - Disk Drive WDC WD JD- KLB WD-WCAMR J GB IDE Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SHW- P S DVD R x DVD-R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW Optical Drive SONY DVD-ROM DDU x x DVD-ROM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS TRIAL VERSION Total Size TRIAL VERSION Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Primary IP Address TRIAL VERSION Primary MAC Address - - A- C-EF-DD Network Adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter TRIAL VERSION Modem Smart Link K Voice Modem Peripherals Printer Fax Lexmark X Series Printer Lexmark X Series FireWire Controller VIA VT Fire II IEEE Host Controller PHY VIA VT USB Controller VIA VT USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller VIA VT USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller VIA VT USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller VIA VT USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller VIA VT USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device Lexmark X Series USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Printing Support DMI DMI BIOS Vendor American Megatrends Inc DMI BIOS Version DMI System Manufacturer PCCHIPS DMI System Product P G DMI System Version DMI System Serial Number TRIAL VERSION DMI System UUID TRIAL VERSION DMI Motherboard Manufacturer PCCHIPS DMI Motherboard Product P G DMI Motherboard Version DMI Motherboard Serial Number TRIAL VERSION DMI Chassis Manufacturer PCCHIPS DMI Chassis Version DMI Chassis Serial Number TRIAL VERSION DMI Chassis Asset Tag TRIAL VERSION DMI Chassis Type Desktop Case DMI Total Free Memory Sockets nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all I recently re-installed win xp on the dell insperation Everything went find except the resoluton wouldn t change from the x so I tried to set up my dial up but I needed a higher resolution I did finally find a way to get that although it was very poor quality and I figured that I d be able to down load the proper driver once on line which I did do black Monitor screen although I m not sure it was the right one as dell doesn t seem to have anything for that model of pc Anyway I also downloaded the Microsoft updates to get back to current for the secruity stuff When that was done it required restart which I did When it restarted the monitor remained blank after the win xp part was done loading I know its on and that my pc is sitting there running but I can t see anything I restarted using F and tried last known good configuration vga Monitor screen black mode and safe mode In the st no monitor In safemode the whole screen filled with a dos like line repeated over again Monitor screen black to fill the whole screen then a message came on that said quot stop fatal error and I can t remember what else Can you help I guess I should mention that I don t have the right driver disk that came with the pc nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

I have an odd situation that has me stumped and I would appreciate any suggestions. Last night my computer was working fine. Went to bed, left it on like normal. Got up this morning and the CPU and monitor lights were both green and normal. But the monitor only showed a black screen.

I reseated the monitor but no change. Hubby plugged the monitor into his laptop and instead of a picture got the diagnostic screen saying monitor was working check signal.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks!

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello Because of some invalid page faults and other such problems I reformatted my hard drive last week I reloaded to black goes screen Monitor Win and all applications drivers etc Everything seemed to be working fine until last night when suddenly my screen went black The power light on the monitor remained green I Monitor goes to black screen was unable to do a reboot via the ctl-alt-del method had to use the reset button to reboot The system came back up all was well had the picture back etc I had been running my computer for about hours at that time so I m thinking it might be a heat problem Today the same thing happened after I d been working on my computer for about hours except this time I could do the -fingered salute to reboot I tried to delete a file while using Word and bam the screen went black again The computer ran fine again after the reboot for about more hours before the screen went black again From reading other posts in this forum it looks as if power saving might be a problem too - except the power light on the monitor remains on I turned off the power saving this evening anyway just in case I don t know what the settings were before I reformatted the drive it was never an issue I m at a loss My computer is a Dell PII Mhz My video card is a Diamond Viper Ultra TNT The monitor is a Dell D H it is correctly Monitor goes to black screen identified by Win The monitor is about years old Any help would be much appreciated Holly nbsp

A:Monitor goes to black screen

You should reseat the video card - may be a connection problem that shows up when it gets hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-to-black-screen.34167/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all, I hope you can help me
I have just plugged in a 2nd monitor to my PC and its just completely black nothing shows up on the monitor
I already upgraded all my drivers and I'm used a VGA cable

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/73452-2nd-monitor-black-screen.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I am using an upgraded pc. monitor is LGX 500. when I boot up the monitor remains black. After several times turning the monitor on and off it works. What can I do to resolve this problem. My OS is XP professional.

Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 (Windows XP), and it is two years old.

The problem:

-The hard drive is running, and all four lights in the back (the ABCD lights) are green.

-However, even though the monitor light (button) is green, there is nothing on the screen; it is pitch black. I don't even get a single word on the screen; no message at all.

*There is a slight flash that appears on the screen though (when I first turn it on, and then turn off the monitor).*

- I unplugged the monitor and plugged it into a different power outlet, but still nothing on the screen.

Please help! Thank you.

Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my computer's monitor.
It's light is on and it seems to work but the screen stays black.
Sometimes,when I connect it, for some seconds I can get picture but the brightness is so low and the screen seems like flickering.

Changed three vga cables,tested on two laptops and my pc and still the same.
I also tried connecting the laptop with my flat screen with a hdmi cable and also on this monitor with a vga.
I chose to get picture on the tv and the monitor.Unexpectedly that worked and the screen stayed on but the problem with the brightness and the flickering wasn't fixed.

So I came to the conclusion that it's a hardware problem.
But I don't know what exactly causes the problem.
My monitor is ViewSonic VA1703wb.

Thanks for reading.
Any help appreciated!

A:PC Monitor on, Screen black!

We run off Viewsonic monitors at my work. They tend to have random problems. We have 22" monitor that was working fine, unplugged, moved to a different room and now it's tint is purplish and it won't go away. I'm pretty sure your problem is a hardware issue. If it's under warranty contact viewsonic and get it replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365964-pc-monitor-screen-black.html
Relevancy 79.55%

hello i plug two samsung 2253 each in one 9600 gt nvidia win7 ult 32bits, when booting one works perfect the other one goes black screen but i can see the mouse cursor?? i tried all and nothing, tried them separated they work perfect, invert the monitors plugs (dvi) and its the same, the 2 monitors works perfect alone but when connected together one goes black, win7 detects them both but doesnt show me image in the second i even try to swicht the main monitor and it switch but one keeps on black screen and stil i can see the cursor

Helppppp!!! please

Relevancy 79.55%

Help Please. I have power on my monitor, the light comes on and stays green for short time and then goes yellow. When I press a button on the front panel it tells me it is in safe mode to press any key or move mouse. I do and nothing happens . Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-screen-on-monitor-black.827620/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, this problem started two days ago where my monitor goes black for a brief moment randomly when connected with DVI. It works perfectly with vga. The DVI cable looks ok. I had the monitor for like a month now. Any Help ?

A:Monitor Screen Goes Black DVI

Tried a different DVI cable? Tried the monitor over DVI on another system? Tried another DVI port, if you have one? Do you have any adapters, or is it a straight-through DVI cable?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/monitor-screen-goes-black-dvi-276738/
Relevancy 79.55%

Daughts computer, has a black screen and blue message about no connection.
Says she is getting 3 beeps, when she trys to boot. What is a 3 beep code?
Asus PSA-B MOBO with an Award BIOS

I supect the Video card has gone south or making a bad connection.

Thanks

A:Monitor has black screen

Sounds like a ram issue, 3 beeps are usually ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-has-black-screen.327730/
Relevancy 79.55%

HELP! I turned my Gateway desktop on this morning and my monitor didn't come on. The monitor has a blue flashing light when it is plugged in. I unplugged everything from everything and reconnected... NOTHING. I switched my monitor with another older on. The monitor actually came on with the brand name of that second monitor, but then went black. I think it is my pc???

I tried Gateway and of course my warranty is up and they can't help me. I called my internet provider just in case it was a virus and they can't help me unless I have a working monitor. Please help.

A:PC on, my monitor has black screen

Are you running the monitor with an aftermarket video card or the onboard video?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-on-my-monitor-has-black-screen.967424/
Relevancy 79.55%

I just built a computer and im trying to get into bios to set it up and the monitor will not respond to the new computer...AMD anthlon 64 3500+
epox sli motherboard....leadtek geforce 7300 256mb turbocache...512mb ddr
everything seems to be running all fans and lights are on..please help!!!

A:Black screen monitor

Rich88 said:

I just built a computer and im trying to get into bios to set it up and the monitor will not respond to the new computer...AMD anthlon 64 3500+
epox sli motherboard....leadtek geforce 7300 256mb turbocache...512mb ddr
everything seems to be running all fans and lights are on..please help!!!Click to expand...

Assuming you know the monitor to be working, then this is a classic misbuild, it's time to go back to the beginning and work thorugh the build, chances are you have missed something out, or your BIOS is misconfigured.

Check that you have everything seated correctly and that all plugs are secure, try removing all items from the Mobo such as network cards etc until you have a bare system, this means unplugging all IDE devices (these can cause a POST fail) once you are down to a barebones system try booting up,

I think there is a method of holding down the INSERT or DELETE key during the POST, this can force the BIOS to load defaults.

If this still doesn't work try replacing the memory/ changing the slot and trying again and also try replacing the video card of it still fails.

If it still dont work then it may be a faulty Mobo or CPU,

If it boots at any time then add the devices one at a time until you find what causes the boot fail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-monitor.55680/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a EnVision G218a1 22" widescreen, only had it a year, all of a sudden
the screen went black so i rebooted, the system info screen showed up but
only for 2 seconds then went black, the system continued to load but black
screen.

I hooked up another monitor and everything works fine, the EnVision G218a1
is under warranty, should i return it or is there a solution for this?

A:monitor black screen

I'd take it back if it's under warranty.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/198850-monitor-black-screen.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My Samsung Syncmaster 920nw monitor goes black when booting. At times, it will flash the initial motherboard screen for less than 1/2 second, and then may (or may not) briefly flash the Windows XP logo. It then stays black while my PC boots. Put another monitor on my pc and it works fine. Put the 920nw monitor on another computer and get the same black screen senario. That other computer works fine with a working monitor. So, it appears to be a 920nw monitor problem. Fixable, or not?

Thanks...

A:black screen monitor

You've already confirmed that monitor doesn't work with 2 different computers, so it's obvious the monitor is bad.

Considering how cheap they've gotten, buy a new monitor.

Even if that monitor was fixable, it would probably cost more to fix it than it's worth.

The model monitor you have sells for less than $100.00.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-monitor.1108876/
Relevancy 79.55%

hi guys

my moniter screen kept on going black after about 15 minutes after i start it , i changed the computer but kept the moniter , but the screen kept on going black.
Just before it goes black the screen flashes a bit aswell

when it goes black i have to restart the computer , my computer is windows XP

can anyone help please?

thanks

:blush:

A:Monitor screen goes black

Can you try another monitor just to see if it's a monitor or computer problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-goes-black.174205/
Relevancy 79.55%

I just installed a new hard drive and added more memory. Now my monitor screen will go to black. I have to restart my computer to fix the problem, but that only works for a very short time. Is there anyone out there who can help me with this very annoying problem?

A:Monitor screen goes to black

Is the monitor screen going black actually the computer dying?

test it next time by checking the keyboard lights, the Caps Lock light should go on or off with each press of the Caps lock key. If that is not happening, the computer has died, which is the cause of the black screen.

As we are not allowed to mind read, you might like to tell what the make/model is, what sort or RAM you fitted and what Windows version?

Did you reload all the drivers when fitting the new hard drive and reinstalling Windows?

is it only happening after a period of inactivity or does it go black while you are using it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-screen-goes-to-black.549464/
Relevancy 79.55%

Yesterday I had a problem where I turned my computer on and the monitor just said "No Signal" and would be black.

So I switched it from the motherboard spot to the video card slot.

I'm wondering if having it plugged into the video card will put extra stress on it and make it not run as good? And how come the other plug in doesn't work now?

A:Black Monitor Screen

Depending on your motherboard, some disable the onboard video if another card in recognized. Then some motherboards have the option of which video to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-monitor-screen.855148/
Relevancy 79.55%

Black Screen HELP I woke up and Monitor Black Screen: pushed the start button on my pc turned on the monitor Black Screen: Monitor and I got no dos prompts during this time just a black screen I can hear the computer fans go on the lights flash on the pc I can hear the hard drive do its thing also I check the monitor and it works with my friends pc so I know its not the monitor but coming from the pc A friend said it sounds like my onboard integrated video in the mother board may be bad He suggested getting a Video Card also known to gamers for upgrading thier visuals I should give my machine info I have an Emachine T here goes from Manufactures CPU AMD Athlon processor with AMD Technology GHz MHz system bus KB L cache Operating System Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Chipset NVIDIA GeForce Memory MB DDR MB MHz PC dual-channel Expandable to GB Hard Drive GB rpm MB cache Optical Drive x multiformat dual-layer DVD RW Up to GB with dual-layer media Write max x DVD R x DVD-RW x DVD RW x DVD R DL x CD-R x CD-RW Read max x DVD-ROM x CD-ROM Media Reader -in- media card reader Memory Stick Memory Stick Pro MultiMediaCard Secure Digital CompactFlash MicroDrive SmartMedia xD USB Video NVIDIA GeForce GPU Up to MB of shared video memory PCI Express PCIe x slot available Sound -channel high-definition audio Network Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN RJ- port Modem K ITU V -ready fax modem RJ- port Peripherals Premium multimedia keyboard -button wheel mouse amplified stereo speakers Ports Other USB in digital media manager in back VGA external connector parallel port PS ports keyboard and mouse audio ports in front in back Dimensions quot H x quot W x quot D The question is if I put in a video card will it bypass the defective motherboard intigrated one and allow me to see dos prompts and get my black screen back in operation or are there countless other problems it could be I only got this computer in May of and has worked fine until two days ago I need your help Thanks Jan nbsp

A:Black Screen: Monitor

Try turning the monitor on first.Then your PC.
If this gets no results you can't do any testing.
Take it to a repair shop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-monitor.117898/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a dual monitor set up through HDMI. My laptop works just fine but the second monitor went black during a gaming session and hasn't worked since. I have restarted, verified its on HDMI setting, updated drivers, checked refresh rates.

The Second monitor is still connected. I can move things there (cant see it) because it is black. When I right click and click screen resolution I can see the screen pop up.

I think the color scheme may have changed during the gaming session and that might be the culprit. It was an old game - 2009

I have Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386918-dual-monitor-suddenly-went-black-still-but-all-black.html
Relevancy 78.69%

When i connect up my second monitor both screens turn black. Have tried rebooting computer when monitor bluged in and still got a black screen in both monitors.

A:black screen in both monitor when setting up a second monitor

it might be software conflict..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288635-black-screen-both-monitor-when-setting-up-second-monitor.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Wondering if someone can confirm if I have a mobo problem.
My monitor is showing a black screen all the time.
It changes from Orange(Stand-by) to Blue(Active) at all the correct times.
This includes at boot up, moving the mouse or pressing a key to get out of stand-by.
I have tried different video card in a diferent slot.
I have tried a different monitor.
I have removed the battery from the mobo to clear the CMOS.
Thru network, I can access the hard drives and files that are shared.
Seems the PC runs fine except for no picture.
I can even hear the start up tune when windows kicks in.
Unfortunately the mobo does not have it's own VGA so I have no choice but to try a card.
It all points towards mobo but was hoping anyone out there might know something else I can try.
Cheers everyone for looking.
Cebby

Relevancy 78.69%

Hey First off I'm new here and have no idea if I posted in the right topic But I hope it's okay I'd really like to setup dual monitor I've watched tutorials readt n' stuff and is to monitor screen other black My but work - just seem something seems to work here I can move my mouse to the other monitor and a window amp stuff but it's just black I'm not a computer pro not even close - but I know that I use that blue cable I have an old PC but new parts amp graphic card which should support dual monitors I use an Asus thumb screen with HDMI but with an white big thing in the end the one that goes into the computer The other screen which I wish to connect is an old Dell screen I've tried with different screens - all the same problem It seems like they're connected and it says too - but the screen remains black on all of them All were the same Dell screens Any help Thanks

A:My other monitor seem to work - but is just black screen

First, welcome! This is a fantastic community. While we might only be on track 99.997% of the time, everyone here genuinely wants to help.

Dual monitors work if you video adapter support two monitors, of course most do these days.

Did you try dragging a window from screen to screen? I ask because you said you can see your mouse on that monitor. I use dual monitors all the time and the second monitor is black if I have nothing moved to it.

Also, there are various display modes, mirroring or otherwise.
Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Display > Screen Resolution
From here you can change the appearance, organization and virtual location of your displays.
What's a blue cable?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335481-my-other-monitor-seem-work-but-just-black-screen.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I just tried hooking up my laptop to my JVC IDLA HDTV with an HDMI to DVI cable. I've tried resetting, but all I get is a black screen. Anyone who's gotten a setup like this to work would be a big help.

My video card is a Nvidia 7900 GS.

Relevancy 78.69%

the monitor keeps flashing with a black screen, with intervals of about 5 s - 5 min. the pc has been working fine for several years, although it is a bit slow recently. it is mostly used for internet/emails.

-in windows safe mode, the same flashing occurs.
-there were some virus/malware, detected with avast/mbam. they have been removed, but monitor still keeps flashing
-when the monitor was connected to a laptop, there was no flashing at all, it run fine for some hours. so problem seems not the be the monitor?

i dont know much about the pc info:
*pc is about 3 years old.
*integrated intel motherboard/videocard
*win xp 3

A:monitor keeps flashing with a black screen

some more info:

motherboard P5GD1-VM
graphics Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
RAM 512 MB
CPU Pentium 4 630
win xp sp3

-the monitor has been connected properly
-in bios, the flashing does NOT occur.
-in safemode, the flashing does occur.
-the flashing starts when windows starts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-keeps-flashing-with-a-black-screen.1094303/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

I have a SAMSUNG SyncMaster 940BF monitor (it's 2 years old), and the problem

is that when I first turn it on, it flashes to a black screen a few times; only after I push

the on/off button a few times, it displays normally.

Also, sometimes, these first few times it makes a sharp buzzing noise.

Any ideas about what could be the problem?

A:LCD monitor flashes to black screen

Make sure the power cord is not loose and check all video cable connections. Clean any dust from the back vents too. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 245bw that is 4 years old, and it works beautifully

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-monitor-flashes-to-black-screen.160120/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

I have an HP G60-121WM Laptop computer and I was wondering if anyone had any help regarding a laptop that all of a sudden the monitor is black. The laptop seems to power on but the laptop is bad. I've tried taking the battery out and unplugging the charging cord, then holding the power button for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back up and powering it back on and that has not helped. I've also tried hooking it up to another monitor, but it has the black screen on the other monitor as well. Finally I've also taken the ram sticks out and switched them up to see if there was anything with those that could be causing the problem and it didn't seem to work either.

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone,

I recently uninstalled a program called Bumptop from my computer. It basically makes your desktop 3D - mostly a gimic, but it was fun for a while. While uninstalling it, a browser window opened and said "page not found". Then the uninstall process got hung up. About 5 minutes later a window opened that asked if i wanted to send an error report. Then the monitor went black. I rebooted and it's still black. I tried plugging in a different monitor, and it still doesn't work.

I have two monitors set up on this computer and the secondary monitor works fine, but I can't see any of the windows that open (like my video properties) because they all open on the primary screen. Im totally stuck here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jeff

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-on-a-dual-monitor-set-up.152456/
Relevancy 78.69%

okay When I put my computer on today all I got after the XP splash was a black screen I cannot boot up in safemode because of my keyboard it just refuses to work on the startup I dont think anything is wrong with my graphics card video card etc etc because I have a second hardrive Black splash after screen xp monitor and when I put it in it loads up perfectly I have tried looking at my files from my other hardrive they are all just either notepad documents or they are just white boxes with cogs in them I have also tried using my XP disk but it Black monitor after xp splash screen wont Black monitor after xp splash screen load I have even put the computer to boot up on the disk and this makes no difference also I have read that you need a certain keyboard to be able to get on Black monitor after xp splash screen safemode its the keyboard that hasnt got the USB end to it I have one but it still Just doesnt work im guessin the only replies I can possiable get are to reformat my hardrive or to get it wiped thanx for your help guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-monitor-after-xp-splash-screen.615904/
Relevancy 78.69%

hello this is ecobill i am new in black Screen stays Monitor the neighborhood I know a little about computers enough to be dangerous so I need help once in while Whenever I have trouble it is never the normal problems Because I lost the printer drivers and USB drivers on my present Monitor Screen stays black computer when I updated to XP Service pack and I have been able to install them from any locaton I have received a used but more updated computer I was told it worked but there was no rack for the hard drives that matched the screw holes I adapted an old rack and when I turn on the Monitor Screen stays black power with Monitor Screen stays black the monitor attached there is nothing but a black screen The power supply appears Ok because some of the lights come on the hard drive is running and the fans come on the motherboard and video card The monitor is OK because I used it on another older computer Also when I just unplug the monitor from the video card the screen comes on I tried another older video card in one of the shorter card slots but it did work either Any ideas out there Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor Screen stays black

Monitor stays black

I don't know how to reset the cmos unless you mean to pull the battery. I don't know about the BIOS bus for the video (I can't see any BIOS) settings. I removed the original AGP video card that I thought might be a problem and I put an older working video card (Trident) in another PCI slot and this made no difference. I pulled the RAM chips to clean the connections and reset all cables. I disconnected the CD drive, the floppy drive, and later the hard drive after checking each situation indiviudally, but this made no difference.

Another problem (may be related) is the on-off switch does not control anything. I have to use the toggle switch in the back. I checked the wire connection from the switch to the motherboard (Intel D845BG) and it looked OK.
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-stays-black.100116/
Relevancy 78.69%

this morning black monitor HELP screen out! flat i was on my desktop working fine before we had a power cut in our flat which shut off all the eletric flat screen monitor black out! HELP socket points My pc was switched off immediately I managed to switch on the main power suppy in our flat then electricity was back on again flat screen monitor black out! HELP switched on the pc running okay i could even hear the windows starting up from my speaker but my monitor Dell FP inch flat screen years old went completly black out tried to switch on the indicator light it wouldn t turn on normally it s green when on tried other buttons brightness etc still no light It s as if it s been switched off spoken to a few friends who suggested me to see whether the fuse s flat screen monitor black out! HELP been blown tested fuse on a reader absolutely fine tested the power cable on other applicance and it s working fine Also tried to disconnect monitor from pc leaving only the power cable connected to monitor still the same - does this mean that it s not the power suppy but the monitor itself Is the problem repairable I m aware that during the last couple of weeks the monitor screen blinked once in a while say twice during the day just randomly but very subtle help nbsp

A:flat screen monitor black out! HELP

The LCD monitor itself has a power supply (or 2) built in to handle the lighting of the screen. Sometimes the power supply and/or fuses are fine, but the capacitors are blown or leaking.

I would take apart the monitor and take a look around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flat-screen-monitor-black-out-help.874906/
Relevancy 78.69%

i have a dell color monitor e173fp and i am running window xp home edition..screen went black and the power button keeps flashing green. i would appreciate some help.thanks ps checked all connections

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-black-screen-monitor.876113/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi
I have a SAMSUNG SyncMaster 940BF monitor (it's 2 years old), and the problem

is that when I first turn it on, it flashes to a black screen a few times; only after I push

the on/off button a few times, it displays normally.

Also, sometimes, these first few times it makes a sharp buzzing noise.

Any ideas about what could be the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-flashes-to-black-screen.976707/
Relevancy 78.69%

Everytime I turn on my computer, I see nothing but black screen on my monitor and a small orange LED light. I have tried two different vga cables, 2 different monitors, put my graphic card into different agp slots, and also my mobo has a integrated graphics card and i have tried to use that too, still the computer isnt sending any images to the screen. I think the mobo it self might be malfunctioning.

I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas on what could be causing this problem.

Thank You.

Yunus

Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Dell Vostro 1700 Laptop with the 256mb GeForce 8600M GT graphics card. The laptop lcd works fine but when i connect an external monitor using the VGA output the external monitor just displays a black screen.

I have already ruled out drivers and operating system as i have tried it across various versions and with different drivers and still nothing. i have also tried it with ubuntu with no success.

The computer detects that there is a montior and can even tell the specs of the monitor. It just the monitor detects that it is connected to a computer but just displays a blank screen.

Any Ideas???

A:Monitor displays a black screen

bump...

Ive tried disconnecting everything else just leaving the motherboard graphics card and connecting the external diplay and displays a blank screen even with startup and diagnostics.

What would i be looking at here a new motherboard and/graphics card? evertyhing else works just not the vga output

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-displays-a-black-screen.888305/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi..I have a Gateway GT4022 desktop. It has been working fine until now. Recently for some reason, about 1 minute after startup the computer freezes, then the monitor goes black, but the pc is still running. I have tried restarting my computer by holding the power button since I had no other way to do so, but the same thing happens. Sometimes it turns black and says FREQUENCY OUT OF RANGE. I did not add anything new to it, like video card or anything. I was just surfing the web and I was't playing a game either. I was wondering if anyone can help me solve this problem without losing any data on my computer. Thank you very much...

A:Monitor screen goes black after startup

Try starting the pc in safe mode (F8 during startup) and going to control panel/display properties and decreasing the resolution to 800x600.. restart the pc.. if that works you can up the res to back where it was originally.. also (while in safe mode) check that the refresh rate is on 60hz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-screen-goes-black-after-startup.683918/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello i have this problem: yesterday i was using my pc when sudden power cut happened, now today i try to turn on monitor and it showed weird screen, i restored to factory defaults on monitor that fixed the problem,but then i started pc and i got black screen it doesnt show "no signal" message.

ps: sorry, im really bad when it gets to explaining things

A:after power cut black screen on monitor

Do you have another monitor or even a TV that you can hook up to your PC to see if it's the monitor or the PC giving issues?

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/after-power-cut-black-screen-monitor-277963/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi, rightnow this box I am typing in is straight black. I was bei stupid and messing w/ my Hertz and now I have black all over. My toolbar my winows. and most webpages. If someoen can type type in red or blue font so Ican see your replies that be great. I accidently jsut click the Hide ones that monitor cant support and it was checked I unchecked lol aint I stupid. g0d.. Computeer is my life .]undefined

A:HELP! Monitor screen is black (blind)

Also when I login to other accounts it works fine...but I have way too much stuff on my computer to even think about reinstalling...I was told I am screwedunless I can see through black...my dad was wondering if hteres away of going into the registry and getting this files and changing it back. remember soon as I click the Hide the oens that can't be supported hell broke lose and I chose a high hertz which Idont remember please help me.. I am really considering taking this to the comp shop possible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-monitor-screen-is-black-blind-10955.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Dear Vista Forum Users

I have finally found out why my monitor/Screen kept blacking-out during use, it was a simple mistake that could be made by any-one and I would like to share this small problem with those that have had the samw problem.

The problem was I wasn't down-loading updates of Windows Vista regularly and this was causing the black-outs.

If any one else has been in this position you may keep quite and allow other not so smart people, like myself suffer frustration and anxiety to the fullest.

I would like to hear from any one else that has been in this situation, and if i have been able to help some one else that has had this problem.

Thanks for puting up with my sillyness

Regards

Island/Island

A:Monitor/Screen Black-outs

Ummm, I have more than a couple of machines that don't get updated regularly, and yet none of them blackout unless they go to sleep and / or have the power options set to turn off the monitor after a specified period of inactivity.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/177364-monitor-screen-black-outs.html
Relevancy 78.69%

hello i am new 2 the forum pleased 2 meet you all

i have a problem with my comp i just bought all the new parts and when i install everything i got a black screen on my moniter nothing come up so plz help me..here my comp parts

LGA775 GA-8I945GMF
2gigs SAMSUNG RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
250GIGS SATA 1 HD
ATX 400WATS PW SUPPLY

A:New build, nothing on monitor, just a black screen.

Hello there, what's the motherboard?

Make sure everything is plugged in properly - and all the screws that's holding the motherboard down has something between it (I forget what those are called), because if not - it could short out the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-nothing-on-monitor-just-a-black-screen.50627/
Relevancy 78.69%

At any random time I'm on my computer, the monitor screen will fade to a dark shade, then just go pitch black, while it's still on. If you turn the monitor off and back on it will stay normal for maybe a second before it goes pitch black again. The only way i can keep it from going black screen is by slapping the back of my monitor and it goes back to normal for awhile.

I have a hp pavilion a712n with a nvidia geforce x card i installed myself. any my monitor is a hp pavilion f1703

help please. i dont know what to do

A:My Monitor Screen Turns Black...

The only way i can keep it from going black screen is by slapping the back of my monitor and it goes back to normal for awhileI'd have to say you've already answered your own question. Got a test monitor?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52595/my-monitor-screen-turns-black/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a new BenQ flat screen - and whenever I try to open a video file the whole screen goes to black before it plays it. And then when I close the application that is playing the video file the screen goes to black again. It doesnt happen when I have the resolution set to the highest (1280 X 1084) but I like the resolution set to 1024 X 768. It wasn't happening when I first set everything up - and I don't know why it has started. Im using Win ME and have a 17inch screen. Anyone know what might be going on? BenQ tech support knows nothing about it...

Thanks!

A:Flat Screen Monitor Goes to Black

Is 1280 X 1084 the monitor's native resolution? If so, LCD's like to be only at their native resolution. This could be the source of your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flat-screen-monitor-goes-to-black.383841/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello-

I have a Gateway Model #5310 hard drive, with an Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family graphics card, operating system Windows XP Home Edition.

Awhile back I bought a new 23 inch Dell model #ST2310 HD monitor, and for awhile it worked fine, but now when I startup the screen goes black after my desktop loads. I know the desktop is back there b/c all the pop ups show,the cursor shows and even the screen saver shows after a bit. I can get in and see everything in safe mode with networking where I have downloaded the latest VGA driver from the gateway site. Is it possible I need a new graphics card for this hard drive b/c its not compatible with the monitor? I am stumped.

I appreciate any help someone could provide me.

A:New Monitor-Black screen after splash

Welcome to TSG, Christy. If you can see your cursor and screen saver, just not your desktop, then the issue is probably not with the monitor or your video drivers.

If you can see everything in safemode, go to the device manager and uninstall your video card, then reboot and let it load to windows normally. Windows will automaticly reinstall the driver and reset the Resolution and refresh rate. If you are still unable to see the desktop, then try bringing up the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete, then click File > New task and type Explorer.exe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-monitor-black-screen-after-splash.987253/
Relevancy 78.69%

I am running a brand new alienware computer win ult with the new quot LCD that it came with It has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX DVI outputs with Black Screen dual monitor the most recent dual monitor Black Screen NVIDIA drivers When I connect an old CRT using the DVI-VGA adapter as a second monitor everything works fine When I connect my old quot LCD using the same DVI-VGA adapter however BOTH screens go black the old quot LCD says quot OVERSIZE RECOMMAND x quot btw it really is quot recommand quot not quot recommend quot When I disconnect the old quot LCD after sec the new quot LCD comes back on and says sometimes that the display recovered from a crash In dual monitor Black Screen the past when installing windows on a different computer using the old quot LCD i have had to plug dual monitor Black Screen in a CRT and change the resolution refresh rate then switch back to the LCD I have tried doing a clean installation of the drivers I tried lowering the resolution refresh rate before plugging it in Is there anyway to set the default output resolution when you connect a new monitor Why would it cause my other monitor to shut off

A:dual monitor Black Screen

What driver version are you running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/162882-dual-monitor-black-screen.html
Relevancy 78.69%

ok well i was on skype chatting with some friends about me getting a new headset for my computer they informed me that i needed a USB slot on the back of my computer for the headset that i wanted i turned my pc to looked at the back part of black!?!!? turned Monitor My screen it and found the Usb slots when i sit back down my monitor screen is black i could still hear my friends chatting in skype and they could hear me also at first i thought something was loose since i turned my desktop so i made sure everyting was tighten up then one of my friend suggested me to restart my pc i did and the screen was still black i disconnecting everything and connect it again it still wasnt working it just randomly turned black on me The monitor isnt damaged and my pc seems to be working fine so whats the My Monitor screen turned black!?!!? problem Computer spec is Graphic Card Dual Ati radeon 's Motherboard Unknown Rams gb of ram Processor i ghz Memory terabyte thats all i know i bought my computer from Alienware Area its still new i only had the computer for year or less - months im new and not a computer expert i cannot go into my desktop and discconnect things im affraind that ill damage something anyone help

A:My Monitor screen turned black!?!!?

Does the monitor work when the system first boots up (before it goes into Windows)?
Does the monitor work in Safe Mode (rapidly tap F8 just before the Windows splash screen shows up)?

If it doesn't work in either, take it in to the shop for warranty repair.
Check to make sure both video cards are properly seated and that any connecting cables are in place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167289-my-monitor-screen-turned-black.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello So on my computer something strange happens when I uninstall UxStyle It Black Post-Windows Flashing Black Screen Update UxStyle has broken my Windows install once and it has done it again The UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen first time I kept on doing system restores to see what was the problem that made that black screen After trial and error I narrowed it down to UxStyle So I deleted Windows and installed Windows which is what I wanted in the first place Now I decided to triple-boot Windows with Vista and and it has succeeded I reinstalled UxStyle thinking it was just a problem with my old Windows install and then uninstalled it after a few days since I felt like the regular look was better I rebooted Windows and the same effect happened So I would like to know if I can get and replace those three patched DLLs with unpatched DLLs for Windows Could I just change the broken ones to have old next to them and then place the ones I get here there Also would sfc scannow work

A:UxStyle Black Flashing Post-Windows Update Black Screen

Hello lct01a, and welcome to Eight Forums.

A sfc /scannow will attempt to repair any modified or corrupted system files, so that would be a good first step.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/47244-uxstyle-black-flashing-post-windows-update-black-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Bit of a long story but here I go I have Radeon with the crossfire thing set up it s been working well for over years Over the last few weeks I ve been having issues mostly while watching videos usually HD and AMD white/low 6950 Radeon problems screen/black (black and resolution) or full screen The video will freeze the audio will loop then eventually the screen goes black and I get an error message saying quot Display driver AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) has stopped working AMD Radeon 6950 problems (black screen/black and white/low resolution) and has recovered quot Sometimes it didn t recover and I have to turn the computer off What s now happening is it will freeze at the windows start up Then after resetting I will get to windows in very very low resolution and in black and white So I re-seated the cards I couldn t notice any obvious damage to it except the fans were very dusty so I cleaned them Boot it up and I still get the black and white I checked the device manager and it said one of the cards was having problems I uninstalled both drivers from that menu not quite sure if I should have done this and for whatever reason it s now working However it now seems one of my cards is not being recognised Only one display adapter is shown in the device manager and AMD catalyst only recognises one card too What s the best course of action to determine what s wrong with what card still not quite sure which one it is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-6950-problems-black-screen-black-and-white-low-resolution.1116301/
Relevancy 77.83%

I recently got a used computer from my cousin that I am trying to set up for my kids When I turn it on there is only a black screen It shows nothing Not a cursor or anything You can hear the computer start up the fan etc and the green light comes on I tested the monitor on another computer and it works just fine My next guess was maybe video card Bought a new one and inserted but the same happened I Screen Total but Black Monitor Works was hoping that maybe after I inserted it I could go to a boot screen and instruct it to install from CD before trying to Total Black Screen but Monitor Works load Windows by typing f or f startup No go Total black screen still Not even a cursor It s a dell I m not sure what year but relatively new within the last years Total Black Screen but Monitor Works I think Window s XP Home Edition The inside looks clean No noticeable sign of damage Thanks for Total Black Screen but Monitor Works your help

A:Total Black Screen but Monitor Works

Hi -You might hear a fan or other noise , but is there a Beep sound as the computer warms up ready to start - If not the problem may be a hard drive - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368221/total-black-screen-but-monitor-works/
Relevancy 77.83%

The issue started yesterday, I had torun to the store. When I got back I moved the mouse and the screen went black. Turned the tower off and back on, it flashed the vista boot up screen then went black. However I know the computer was running because I heard skype log in. I fixed it by pressing f8 during the boot up screen.

Well the problem happened again this morning, woke up, moved the mouse, black screen. However this time f8 didn't help at all. I have no idea what's wrong or how to fix this. I have windows vista.

Relevancy 77.83%

This has never happened before. I went on vacation last week and figured i would turn my computer off to save power. So i did. When i came back and turned on my computer after a week, i saw these slanted black bars with little stripes of screen through them, they were slide up and up and up, over and over, very fast. I got to the setup screen where all the information for the computer is at (Bios, Ram, CPU speed, etc.) and it stopped. I go back into windows and it started again right when i get to the windows loading screen with the blue bar and windows icon. After about 5 to 10 minutes it wears off for some reason but every time i turn my monitor off, or it goes to power save mode and i turn it back on, they are there again for another 5 minutes. What is this and how can i fix it?

A:Monitor giving black bars at top of screen.

Make sure all connections are tight from the monitor to the computer. Try another monitor to eliminate either the computer or the monitor as the cause of the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-giving-black-bars-at-top-of-screen.100277/
Relevancy 77.83%

ok so i checked all the cables and heres whats happening i press the power off and then on on my monitor and it comes on for a second then the backlight turns off it seems like because i can tell like 1% detail like if the start menu comes up but i cant read anything on it took me a while but i looked under power saver and it is all on never and this happens every once in a while but it usual stops after a day but its been 3 days and it still wont work

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all first time posting here I've been having some issues with my computer crashing It normally occurs when playing a game mostly minecraft and while I'm listening to pandora When the crash occurs there is no signal to my monitor and a buzzing occurs through the speakers for a couple seconds and then stops Here is my system copied from system info OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name ------------ System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group System Model A E System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version buzzing, Black no monitor signal and to screen, Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name ---------------------- Time Zone Pacific Daylight Black screen, buzzing, and no signal to monitor Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys More info is probably needed so please let me know what else I should do Thanks a lot in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-buzzing-and-no-signal-to-monitor-583327.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi i m in a bit of a pickle here changed one of the monitor driver display settings in Windows XP laptop IBM R and my login page onwards is now completely and utterly black Black - Changed settings?? monitor Screen The setting I changed was in Windows after I had logged in I think I right-clicked on the desktop went into Display Properties gt Settings gt Advanced and I think I Black Screen - Changed monitor settings?? went into either the adapter or monitor tab as I was trying to see if I could update the driver The monitor tab didn t give an option to update though it just said Use hardware default setting All I can remember was the setting I changed was something to do with a driver monitor on start-up and it was set on the option system on a drop list until i changed it to automatic Really wish I hadn t done this now Can t seem to find anything in BIOS to change it either any ideas It s all very vague I know I m trying to find it on my current PC but I can t find it Really would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi guys Got an issue which going Issue Monitor black (Randomly screen) I think is my monitor but not sure I have an Acer Monitor Issue (Randomly going black screen) LCD monitor and since this morning every few minutes or sometimes a bit longer it flicks off to a black screen but then goes back to what I had up the monitor isn t actually turning off I went into my display settings and it isn t showing the name for my monitor It s only showing quot Digital Display quot however I am sure a few days ago it actually said my Acer model there I checked my monitor drivers and they seem to be up to date and I can t pin-point the problem and it s quite frustrating I did a full system scan with avast and don t believe I ve downloaded or been attacked by any malicious files When I did the virus scan it didn t do it at all so it seems like it only does it when the computer is in-use If it helps also I m running Windows Professional -bit and my graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce GTX If anyone can shed any light on this issue it would be greatly appreciated If me providing any more information will help please let me know Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi there Last night I was playing an online game and alt tab ed twice rapidly and my screen Black Card Monitor? Screen: or Video went black and stayed that way I m guessing it s either my screen or my video card that went bad but I don t have a spare computer or spare monitor lying around to test which one is broken I was hoping you could help me figure out which it is Stuff I tried reboot reconnect all plugs cables Black Screen: Video Card or Monitor? open up case check cables remove dust there was hardly any dust in my case Stuff that does happen When I switch on my computer everything sounds normal and I even get the windows startup shut down sounds so everything appears to be running except for the visuals Stuff that doesn t happen I m not getting any kind of no input message on my screen If the video card is bad should I be getting some kind of error message Why it might be the monitor that s bad When it broke my screen went darker for a second then all black and my monitor s power went off by itself it doesn t do that on a regular computer shut-down No error message see above Why it might be the video card Power lights on the monitor work normally orange power light with monitor on but computer off green power light with computer on I think I smelled a light burn-ish smell from the case when it broke but it was gone very quickly and I might have imagined it or smelled my toaster instead EDIT I have a flat screen monitor and a GPU from NVidia I can t look up the exact model now but it was high-end three years ago and has MB nbsp

A:Black Screen: Video Card or Monitor?

You are going to have to swap parts to find the problem. There really is no other way to find out what is causing the problem.

First and easiest would be to connect the monitor to another system to test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-video-card-or-monitor.779802/
Relevancy 77.83%

The monitor on my Advent 7109 laptop has gone black down the right-hand side (about 4" in width) and a smaller horizontal multicoloured bar has appeared at the bottom of the screen just below the taskbar.
The screen has resized to occupy the remaining visible area and I cannot rectify this.

Of course I have tried adjusting the screen resolution settings both in normal and safe mode, completed a system restore and attempted to update/rollback driver (but there were no drivers available).
I cannot locate my current driver on the Microsoft website to reinstall. But perhaps this is not a driver issue. Please advise?

Much obliged.

The monitor is a Digital Flat Panel (1024 x 768) on Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
And the current driver is 5.1.2001.0

A:Laptop Monitor Screen Partially Black

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/7109.htm

http://www.laptopparts101.com/screen-inverter-board/

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2006/08/17/bad-video-on-lcd-screen/

lappy hospital probable i am afraid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-monitor-screen-partially-black.937265/
Relevancy 77.83%

I think is a hardware problem , I have tried to download the recent drivers and that really did not do anything.

I can work for 5-10 mins until the monitor flickers turning black for a few seconds, then it gets faster turning black and sometimes, I see the color vertical lines until I have to turn it off and rest it. Then go back until it starts again. The monitor is like 2-3 years old.

Is there a simple solution that I can try? The warrantty is over.

Relevancy 77.83%

This is my first post woot woot anyways I search the forum nothing really to my problem I have Windows Xp and I have two but button black screen on is is Monitor still power monitors hooked up to the computer My larger monitor does not work anymore The screen is mostly always black but the power button stays on if i play around with it and click the input button i can get the desktop to come up but it flickers and lines goes down the screen and still is unusable--- after about five mins of this it just turns black anyways I switch where the monitors connect to the computer but still the larger monitor does not work The smaller one still worked fine Its the monitor itself Monitor screen is black but power button is still on well its not the graphic card in the computer or dust or anything was where i was trying to get at I also changed the screen refreshing to hertz changed the color quality to bit as well as change the screen resolution to the lowest it can go which is by pixels I can t think of anything else to do Please help Thank you nbsp

A:Monitor screen is black but power button is still on

u might jus need a new monitor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-is-black-but-power-button-is-still-on.128604/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello guys problem? output black Second monitor VGA screen, need some help here Laptop Sony VGN-AR G Video card Nvidia GeForce Go GT nd Monitor LCD TV plug and play connected to laptop via Second monitor black screen, VGA output problem? VGA cable Problem extended desktop shows no image only black screen Self diagnose TV and VGA cable are both functioning because I unplugged the VGA from AR G and switched it onto another laptop and the Second monitor black screen, VGA output problem? TV displayed the extended desktop perfectly So the problem should be Second monitor black screen, VGA output problem? within AR G right All the drivers are up to date and there hasn t been any new installations AR G TV worked fine until a week ago then I shut down all equipments for a trip when I turned them back on black screen on extended display Could this be caused by any power input output problems Does the VGA consume any power V is it My laptop has been acting strange lately say I switched off the lamp and the speaker will go dead then I ll have to unplug and plug-in the audio cable connecting the speaker and the laptop to resolve it Since the lamp and the laptop share the same extension board could it be some power problem disturbing the internal DC of the laptop Is it possible that the laptop isn t outputting enough voltage to the VGA outlet so even if there is a signal the TV is not displaying it Also I tried the S-video cable after connecting the TV and the laptop on control panel display the TV is recognised as the rd monitor but nothing is displayed on TV says no signal Many thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-monitor-black-screen-vga-output-problem.161018/
Relevancy 77.83%

Sometimes my monitor goes black for a second, sometimes 3-4 times, and then it locks the screen.
What could cause this?
Can this be related to security?
I have a turn monitor off shortcut, created with nircmd. Can it be related to that?
(No, it doesn?t happen when I use the shortcut, it is on the desktop. It happens, when I turn the mouse wheel sometimes).
Thanks.

A:Monitor goes black and login screen appears

What do you mean by "locks the screen?"

Does the lock screen come on or does the machine freeze (or just become unusable) and you need to hard reboot it?

Sounds like it could be a TDR issue, but we'll see about your response.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40761-monitor-goes-black-login-screen-appears.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello everyone I'm new here and I want to start by saying I have minimal experience with my computer I just built it yesterday using a YouTube video to guide me so when replying with an answer don't hesitate to ask obvious questions I built my gaming computer yesterday and it turned on I installed Windows and everything was working fine However just a while ago I took out one of the smaller cables that goes into the CD drive not the one that supplies power but the other one and connected it to my hard drive because I only had two of those cables and one was going into my SSD I wanted my computer to detect both hard drives so I went into the BIOS and I saw that it acknowledged both hard drives and then I clicked save and reset Unfortunately the new problem is my monitor won't display anything It was working fine and all I a but Computer screen my on, black turns has monitor did was change the smaller cable from the CD drive to the hard drive and now my monitor won't display The cables going into the SSD and the HDD are both connected into the SATA ports on my motherboard and they both are also connected to my power supply I have checked to see if it was Computer turns on, but my monitor has a black screen the monitor by some unlucky chance and it is working fine I plugged it into another computer using the same power outlets so it's not the outlets either My computer turns on and I hear no beeps or anything and my screen does not display quot no input quot or anything like that it simply has a black screen the monitor is on and connected with an HDMI cable which I used to connect it to my laptop to test to see if it works Computer turns on, but my monitor has a black screen I also have a VGA cable that I connected when the computer would turn on and it too works for display but does not work when I'm trying to boot it right now I also have connected my mouse which has LED lights and it would show the lights upon power up but now the mouse is not lighting up anymore when connected to the USB port in the back but it is connected to my laptop and it works What could be the problem Do I need to replace anything Help would be appreciated greatly

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129631-computer-turns-but-my-monitor-has-black-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

NOTE Moderators if you feel this issue would be better suited in another sub-forum Please let me know Okay screen monitor. power cycling Black after so starting sometime this morning I have started having an issue with my displays My system specs are in my profile I Black screen after power cycling monitor. am running a dual monitor setup with one being a Dell U W and the other being a Vizio M -C quot K UHD TV I use the one monitor to do work and the TV for entertainment movies games etc so here is the problem Up until this morning everything worked as it should If I was watching a TV show or something I could turn monitor off and back on as necessary without disturbing what was going on on monitor Now when I turn monitor off and then back on I get nothing but a black screen I am able to fix this by unplugging the monitor from the back of the computer then plugging Black screen after power cycling monitor. it back in everything seems to work fine after that until I once again turn the monitor back off While monitor has the black screen I have checked display properties using the TV and it shows the monitor is still detected and the proper resolution Also the monitor itself acts as Black screen after power cycling monitor. if it is still functioning because the quot no signal quot image doesn't appear and it doesn't go to sleep it just stays black I am completely at a loss for what could be the issue Thanks in advance for any help anyone is able to offer

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73560-black-screen-after-power-cycling-monitor.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, and yesterday, it picked up on something called Trojan program Packed.mondera.c or very similar. When requested to disinfect or neutralize, the AV was unable to locate it, so did nothing with it. In the meantime, my computer entered the sleep mode (because I left it to go do something else) and is now unable to wake up or start again. All I get is a black screen. I tried another monitor, but the same thing occurs (I see the emblem of the monitor's manufacturer, then nothing). Everything is appropriately plugged in and connected. There have been no electrical storms and no power surges. All cords are plugged into a surge protector.

Your Virus/Trojan/Spyware group directed me to this group in order to get my computer functioning before they would take over.

Win XP SP3
Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

A:black monitor screen after discovering trojan

do you even see bios info right at the start? can you enter the bios if you pres del during boot? if you keep tapping f8 do you hear any sounds during boot up is it a desktop or notebook, if its a desktop can you try another grapgics card or unplug andre plug in the existing one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-monitor-screen-after-discovering-trojan-351212.html
Relevancy 77.83%

This morning when black Monitor on. shows turning after Screen I turned the PC on the monitor only showed a black screen Monitor shows black Screen after turning on. It was working well last night though Th PC seems to work normally as it seems like it reaches the desktop part with start menu and Monitor shows black Screen after turning on. all the short cut Icons I know this because after waiting for a while I press the windows button then press quot U quot two times it s the hot key for shut down and turn off The light around the power button of the monitor keeps on blinking instead of a consistent light this thing usually happens after turning the PC on while there s still power on the monitor until the AVR is turned off There were no beep sounds and such when turning the PC as it never had those kind of sounds even when things are okay If this helps the fan for the video card is still working as other fans as well What could be the problem Video Card Monitor Monitor to PC connection I probably just need to know which is the problem for now EDIT I m not very knowledgeable on hardware terms and I m not very good at this stuff as well so I probably won t try to do changes on my computer by my own nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi

I have a dual monitor my Samsung monitor (the 2nd display), takes forever before the picture comes out. I don't know if its on standby mode but it takes forever - like 2 hours or so before the picture comes out.

There is no damage on the picture, it is crystal clear, bright and completely nothing wrong.

What is the suspect here? Even if i plug the samsung monitor as screen 1, it doesn't show up, basically i need to wait for so long before the picture comes out.

Is this a windows problem or what?

thanks in advance.

Relevancy 77.83%

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009, and yesterday, it picked up on something called Trojan program Packed.mondera.c or something very similar. When requested to disinfect or neutralize, the AV was unable to locate it, so did nothing with it. Although I did email Kaspersky about this issue, I have not yet heard back. In the meantime, my computer entered the sleep mode (because I left it to go do something else) and is now unable to wake up or start again. All I get is a black screen. I tried another monitor, but the same thing occurs (I see the emblem of the monitor's manufacturer, then nothing). Everything is appropriately plugged in and connected. There have been no electrical storms and no power surges. All cords are plugged into a surge protector.

A:black monitor screen after discovering trojan

I received an email back from Kaspersky Labs, but it only contained stuff to do assuming access to a functioning machine. I hope someone will be able to provide some suggestions. I do have some access to another computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/black-monitor-screen-after-discovering-trojan-351085.html
Relevancy 77.83%

When I quit from the full screen mode of any DOS based game then the screen of my monitor goes black even when the system is working. Only thing that can be done is to restart the system to bring the display of the system back to normal.
Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-screen-of-monitor-goes-black-on-quitting-from-dos-mode.313236/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi
anyone know anything about why my monitor just turns off and I get the orange light instead of the green one, and the computer is still running/
I had 3 different video cards replaced. Also my son took it home and we tried different size monitors.
It has all the correct setting at on all the time, no stand by mode is on.
I would appreciate any advise.
Do ya think it couild be the cpu or power supply?

A:computer monitor shuts down get black screen

i have never seen a cpu shut down for heat before but i know some motherboards do have this option to save them. that might be the cause

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-monitor-shuts-down-get-black-screen.152848/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I am having trouble with my Dell XPS i lately It has served me well all these years and I would like to squeeze a few more months out of it if possible while I wait on the second gen k iMac refresh this year hopefully So here is my problem My monitor goes black after booting up past the windows loading screen and the fans slow down soon after power save mode The only way I have been able to get past this is to Windows black loading goes Monitor 7 screen after power off and remove a stick of ram so that the computer recognizes a change on the next startup only then will it move past the loading screen and work flawlessly But now that doesn t seem to work anymore either So I am back to a black screen after the Windows loading screen The monitor is new and I should mention that my computer does not beep on startup although I m not sure what that signifies or if it is important at all I am hoping that since my Monitor goes black after Windows 7 loading screen computer is so old it might need the motherboard lithium battery replaced but I have not been able to extract it on my own without taking out other components that are in the way So before I dig in and manually destroy my computer trying to take out the lithium battery I thought I d ask first in hopes that there s some easy fix I am missing Any leads or help would be appreciated thanks

A:Monitor goes black after Windows 7 loading screen

Edit: Some of these are for black screen after login, you can still try them (if applicable)

To be honest I have no idea why this is happening. You can search for "black screen of death" in forums, there are countless threads about the subject.
Some solutions:
- Boot with Last Known Good Configuration (F8 menu)
- Restore to a prior date (System Restore) - System Restore
- Scan for malware (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free)
- Try a clean startup Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
- Check if explorer.exe is running and start from CTRL+ALT+DEL (task manager - new task)
- Verify in registry: HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsot\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon to make sure 'shell = explorer.exe'
- Follow SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
- Try loading defaults in BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375072-monitor-goes-black-after-windows-7-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a problem,this problem can't be fixed if I tried to format it with Windows 7 Professional x64 disk.It wasn't like this before..... is there a way to fix it..Please no complicated solutions i'm only 13 and my other siblings doesn't know how to fix it and now i'm using VGA.
As you can see after installing it told me to reboot,so thats when I have to restart

A:My monitor has a black screen if I install Nvidia 331.65

Hi there .. Welcome to Seven Forums .. What is the Model number of the Graphics card you are trying to Install ... Do you also know the Model Number of your Dell Computer ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/314917-my-monitor-has-black-screen-if-i-install-nvidia-331-65-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,

My second monitor is a VGA monitor and worked for several months. Now i moved my computer setup to another room, and i can't get a picture on the VGA monitor. It's on and detected but it's just black.

Everything is connected exactly the same as previous.

When i boot my computer i can see the boot menu flash by for a split second, and when i change the resolution i can see the windows background for a split second. (literally 0.1 seconds).

I already bought a new dvi-vga adapter because some pins were damaged, but it didn't fix the problem.

I have the latest drivers. Already tried uninstalling and re-installing gpu driver.

I can move my mouse to the right (extended desktop) so it definitely detects it.

I'm on Windows 7
i5 2400
radeon hd6850

Thanks

A:Second monitor black screen, worked earlier

It would seem that you have damaged the connection in some way. You mention bent pins in one of the connectors. It's possible that you have damaged the socket on the GPU. Have close look at it & see if there is any damage.

Have you tried changing the lead to the monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378344-second-monitor-black-screen-worked-earlier.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Not sure if I have a heating problem a bad monitor or something else here s the deal New christmas Dell Insprion Desktop running Vista ATI Radeo x Pro inch E WFP Monitor Turn the box on works fine for - minutes then monitor goes dark If I turn the monitor off and back on the display returns for a few minutes rinse repeat eventually gets to the point where it goes dark every - seconds but still recovers after a monitor power-cycle for another - seconds Same powercycle must Periodic Black - monitor screen symptoms in Safe Mode Setup or running Diagnostics F - which did not show any problem so from this Periodic Black screen - must powercycle monitor I d eliminate OS or driver problems methinks and hence an entire system reload suggested by Dell support will not be in the offing I did update video drivers with latest Catalyst to no avail My next step is to put another monitor on the box and see if the symptoms continue but beyond that I m not sure how to shoot this problem Any help or suggestions would be appreciated ADVthanksANCE Gneen nbsp

A:Periodic Black screen - must powercycle monitor

Trying another monitor is a good first step. See what happens and go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/periodic-black-screen-must-powercycle-monitor.124678/
Relevancy 77.83%

AMD Catalyst 12.6 includes some additional fixes(not found in the AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta) for the AMD Radeon? HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 graphics cards for issues related to the GPU hanging when the system goes to sleep.

AMD Catalyst

^ My monitor hangs after a long period of sleep. anyone else get this? download AMD CCC 12.6 (im on 12.4)

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/297351-monitor-black-screen-after-resuming-sleep-fix.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I did something dumb The screen resolution on my is Properties Black Monitor Screen Now Changed Dell Latitude D was changed to x and it wouldn't allow me to change anything I went into the advanced settings and on the troubleshoot tab I changed the driver settings because I am an idiot As soon as I hit enter the screen went black and I couldn't get anything I Changed Monitor Properties Now Screen is Black tried to connect to an external monitor and it said the resolution was too low high and another said output is out of range I hard reset the computer and while plugged into my TV got the message RTC mode fixed - Time and date may be wrongInvalid configuration information - please run SETUP programTime-of-day not set - please run SETUP programStrike F key to continue F to run setup utility Press F to run onboard diagnostics When I hit F it started Windows in either repair mode or normally I did this and re-installed the driver from Dell but when I restarted the computer it would freeze whenever it gets to the welcome screen If I hit F after a hard reset it goes into the BIOS setup I think is what it is and when I exit that the screen goes black When I hit F the screen goes black I have no clue what to do I was resigned to just re-installing Windows but I can't exit the BIOS after I changed the Boot menu to restart the computer to boot from CD drive Sorry to be long just wanted to be thorough Thank you very much for any help

A:Changed Monitor Properties Now Screen is Black

The Dell Latitude 830 is not supported for Windows 7. Is it a newly installed? What if you boot to F8 and enable VGA mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506892/changed-monitor-properties-now-screen-is-black/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all I recently replaced my MB and RAM I am running two monitors each on its own video Dual Screen Black issue - monitor card GEforce I am experiencing a couple different issues When I come out of the screensaver the main displays horizontal position is off I need to use the auto adjust to fix it When I start up or reboot the system the desktop will come up for about seconds then both Dual monitor issue - Black Screen screens will go black for about seconds While this is happening I hear the windows noise that occurs when you plug in a usb hardware device Then the monitors come back on and all is well The other side effect of this is the gadgets on the desktop are scattered everywhere All of the gadgets from the secondary display are moved to the primary the other ones are relocated Finally a side note for a few months now my secondary display will take a long time to turn on when I start the system It will eventually come up with a completely white screen then if I turn it off and back on it will start working correctly Any help appreciated not finding much through searching nbsp

A:Dual monitor issue - Black Screen

(2) and the side note may indicate that the secondary monitor is beginning to fail. I say that because of my recent experience ...

I'm using a laptop with a docking station (HP) and external monitor, and normally have the laptop lid closed. I was having a terrible time getting the external display to work when I turned everything on or brought the system out of hibernation. After much (wrongly directed) cussin' at HP and Windows 7 I isolated to the monitor--if I kept it on, or turned it on an hour or so before the rest of the system, there was no problem. Bought a new monitor and have no such problems now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-issue-black-screen.945458/
Relevancy 77.83%

hey guys can yall help me out on this My monitor screen goes black while playing games i can hear the in-game music still playing and my computer is still on I currently have this in my comp Windows XP not sure if it s professional Nvidia gbs of ram gbs of black goes any Monitor playing game when screen hard drive currently i have done this to try to fix the problem and have not yet figured out whats wrong -got a new monitor -new mm fan -updated all drivers -messed with monitor settings -cleaned inside of the tower with compressed air -opened up tower when playing to get more Monitor screen goes black when playing any game airflow -new heat sync for fan Can anyone tell me what i have to do i have spent trying to fix this and nothing Monitor screen goes black when playing any game works I have tried to play other games such as Minecraft DC universe online WoW and maplestory I dont know if i need a new graphics card or its as simple as taking out and putting the graphics card back in PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Monitor screen goes black when playing any game

i have spent $200+ trying to fix this and nothing works.Click to expand...

What have you spent so much on? In all probability it's the GPU or the PSU causing the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-goes-black-when-playing-any-game.161277/
Relevancy 77.83%
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys just got a problem recently with my LCD monitor It's a fairly old one Acer quot inch and I'm suspecting that it's simply dying on me The problem is that whenever I power on my monitor the screen flickers on for a second and then immediately off Probably something with the backlight The power button stays on but the whole screen is black I usually try it a couple of times to power on off and eventually it will work and then as long as my monitor stays powered on everything works as normal Sometimes especially I think when my heater is on in my room it seems it works almost immediately or very quickly But when it's cold it can take up to min or longer to finally work I'm not sure if it could be screen Monitor on startup + flicker black something based on the temperature but I have no Monitor flicker + black screen on startup doubt it's something with the starter backlight A quick google suggests that a dying monitor would usually flicker when it's on backlight problems but I don't have this Monitor flicker + black screen on startup at all If I get my monitor on then it works fine The only problem seems to be something with the starter but I'm not sure exactly what Perhaps it's just getting old Is it worth to try and repair it Or should I just wait it out until I can no longer get it to work and then just buy a new monitor

A:Monitor flicker + black screen on startup

lcd monitors have very few replaceable parts. infact one of the few replaceable parts is the back light in some models.
however its a tricky job and normally costs more than a new monitor.
older lcd monitors use a type of fluorescent light, these tend to have a life span. the fact youve noticed there's a corrilation between temp could point to a dying capacitor that only works efficiently when warm.

if you shine a torch on the monitor when it is flashing/dark you should just about be able to see whats being displayed. this will point the finger at the back light being the culprit.

personally id treat yourself to a nice new monitor.
when you can get the liyama E2278HD-GB1 for around ?100 ($100 as us brits get stiffed on import taxes) youll not only gain 5 inces but also get a cracking budget monitor with the quality of a more costly one

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318145-monitor-flicker-black-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My Dell LCD flat screen started saying "no video input" all of a sudden. It did that once or twice and then it just went to a black screen. I tried restarting and still nothing. When I restart the fan just blows really hard and the computer makes weird beeping noises. I plugged monitor in to another pc and it worked fine so it's not the monitor. Is it the graphics card? The computer seems to start up. Everything was working fine up to this point. Runs XP. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Justin