Windows Support Forum

Buying A New Mother Board

Q: Buying A New Mother Board

ok i finally decided to ditch my old 478 socket mother board and of course im gonna toss my cpu and my ram too..i dont know much about mother boards or their specs

just recommend me a good board that can have a "dual core/core to due--->i would appreciate if u told me whats the difference?"

support AGP system coz theres no way im gonna change my video card

support for DDR3 memory and all new processors coz i have no intention to toss it again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/buying-a-new-mother-board.602978/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Buying A New Mother Board

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 30.53%

Which graphics card to choose between nvidia GTX960 and nvidia GTX760?

A:Buying Graphics Card

They are both rated as the same card within their generation. The 960 is the newest card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-graphics-card.216700/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am3-board-with-am3-cpu.214400/
Relevancy 29.24%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey guys,

So as the title says I'm planning to buy a new graphics card. My current one is pretty outdated (1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series).

I already have a new card in mind which fits my budget :
ASUS GTX750TI-OC-2GD5

I just wanted to make sure that my computer is gonna be able to handle it, or if anyone maybe knows a better card in the same price range ?

here are my specs :

Operating System
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP2
CPU
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
12,0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-19)
Motherboard
Acer FX58M (CPU 1)

My psu should be 450watts.

Anyone think this could give problems ? thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-advice-with-buying-new-gpu.211274/
Relevancy 30.96%

How do I start a conversation on hear I need help with buy a laptop as well plz

A:Buying a laptop

Post your concerns / issues and we'll attempt to respond - - That's what Techspot does - - answer questions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-laptop.209448/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reverts-to-on-board-sound.208179/
Relevancy 30.53%

I need a computer that can handle video editing, mainly Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite. Right now I have a 5-year-old MacBook Pro that can't manage FCP let alone run any programs smoothly and quickly. I can't afford a MacPro, so I've been considering iMacs. What's my cheapest option that will get the job done? I've heard you can buy PCs and install Mac OS. Would that be my best option? (Having PC capabilities would be awesome, for light gaming). I want to save money but I don't want to buy anything that isn't equipped to handle video editing well (cause then I'm just wasting money). I want to stick with Mac OS, but I don't care about the design or whatever, so I'd happily get a PC and put Mac on it, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. So if you have any suggestions or advice, please let me know! Thanks!!

A:Buying new computer/OS for video editing

What is your budget (how much can you spend) for this new computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-os-for-video-editing.207058/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,

I am considering upgrading my PC with a new CPU and some cooling for it.

At the moment I have an i5 4570 with stock cooler. It reaches 70c under heavy load.

I have a Bitfenix Mini ITX case using MOBO Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi,
I have been looking at an i7 4770K or 4790K, Is there any other better CPU in that pricerange you would recommend?

I have never overclocked but I have been planning to eventually overclock a little.

For cooling I have looked at the H105i , Would it fit my case even? I read its abit bigger then the H100i. I have checked the specs and as far as I can see it SHOULD fit?

Are there any other coolers you can recommend instead?

Thanks for any input or advice!

Kind regards!

A:Help with buying new CPU and what cooling to choose

If you want a nice little yet powerful cooler, get the Hyper 212 Evo. It can probably handle a .2-.3GHz overlock at least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-buying-new-cpu-and-what-cooling-to-choose.206574/
Relevancy 31.39%

One of my friends wants to buy a PC so he asked me for help. I found 2(3) configurations which fit his budget. (and they are all similarly priced.)
i3 4130 with gtx 750 or AMD fx 6300 with r7 260x (the rest is the same 8gb ram 1tb hdd...)
And the third one is Intel i5 3350p with r7 250.
He would use it mostly for gaming and video play. Which one should he get? Thanx in advance

A:PC buying

Hello milostuvic,

I think the most important question to ask when picking out a new machine is its intended purpose. Is this machine going to be used for gaming?

The most balanced machine from a benchmark standpoint is the AMD setup. Its CPU and Video card fall in the middle. The r7 250 is a fairly weak video card, while that i3 is not the peppiest CPU.

If this machine is for light or general use, all of these would be a good choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-buying.205844/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello guys,

I am on the hunt for a new gaming headset since I had to throw my old one out when I moved.

I have decided to put in a decent amount of money ( Around 150-200£ ) and I have had my eyes on Sennheiser 363d for some time now. It comes with a USB soundcard. I am unable to fit a soundcard in my PC since its a mini itx build so it sounds like a good investment in my ears.

I have also been checking out Turtlebeach xp seven however it does not come with a USB soundcard.

Now I am just wondering, My mother board :
Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI Motherboard
Has the following audio features :
Realtek® ALC892 codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
Support for S/PDIF Out

Is that sound good enough to handle on its own or do you think id get an improvement with the soundcard from 363d?

Have you any experience with 363d or Turtlebeach Seven? What do you think about them?

I appreciate any inputs, also if you know of a headset I have totally overlooked

Kind regards,
Obzoleet!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-headset-do-i-need-usb-soundcard-or-is-my-mobo-good-enough-to-handle-it-on-its-own.205639/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a 9 yr old Desktop PC and my power supply is going out. The one I have is a modular style power supply. Is it required that I replace it with another modular power supply or does it matter?

A:Buying new Power Supply

No, it doesn't matter which one you use. Use whatever type you wish.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-power-supply.204274/
Relevancy 28.38%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 31.39%

I want to buy a new computer, something powerful, however I don't want to spend more than 1,000.

I would prefer.
i7 with atleast 3.5ghz
8GB ram
Nvidia graphics card 700 series

Any help is appreciated.

A:Need help buying a new PC

Let estimate for a minute:

i7 - 300
8GB RAM - 75
nVidia 760 - 250
That is over $600 for just those 3 components. And that is assuming you don't need more than a GTX 760. Do you already have other components, that can be eliminated from the build? The case, PSU, and motherboard will take another $200. Then we have the question whether there will be an SSD, HDD, or a combination of both in the build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-a-new-pc.203761/
Relevancy 30.53%

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (ddr3)
Video card nvidia 275 gtx
PSU 600 watt
1920x1080 res
pc I e slot x16 (not the super new one)

So yeah I am thinking about getting a better video card for 200$ or less or more, less would be much better. I can sell my old card on ebay for around 70$. How much better would a new card be etc, suggestions? AMAZING deals ?

A:Considering buying a new video card $200

Since your in America, I can suggest to you a good deal I keep seeing floating around.

MSI Gaming R9 280

That would be a 1080p beast for that money and it comes with 3 free games, its one of the higher overclocked models as well of the R9 280.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-buying-a-new-video-card-200.203519/
Relevancy 63.64%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello,
As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-sound-card-is-not-recognized.202272/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi........

I want to buy new mobile and I need your advice
most imprtant for me the speed of the system ,,memory
thing not important for me ( quality of camera,,shape of mobile )

A:Any tips on buying a new mobile device?

By mobile I infer you mean cell phone. At any rate, I would prioritize the features and functions that are (a) import to you and (b) you use regularly. The hype on specs may be create bragging rights, but that's not worth $0.02 to me.

I'm and old T**d and love my 3g flip phone for the ease of use designed by Nokia. The so called smartphones are not on my wishlist. If I want pictures (and I take a ton of them), I'm not using any camera in a phone - - I take my handheld which gives me the PAS feature for low-light photograph required for indoor and museums. USEABILITY is big with me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-tips-on-buying-a-new-mobile-device.200801/
Relevancy 30.53%

So im getting a new pc next year and I want to make sure it can play next gen games?

http://www.komplett.dk/komplett-winter-gamer/10821#!tab:extra

Specs:
Cooler Master B500, 500W PSU

Intel Core i7-4770 Processor

MSI B85M-E45, Socket-1150

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

Gainward GeForce GTX 760 2GB PhysX CUDA

Toshiba Desktop 1TB SATA 3.0

Samsung DVD Writer, SH-224DB

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

A:Is thic PC worth buying?

I like the PC, but don't know how to interpret the price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-thic-pc-worth-buying.198251/
Relevancy 30.1%

This is For a Parts Buying Desktop Building Gaming my first time to build a computer so I want to know if Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop the parts I m getting are good with each other and could say run battlefield and assassins creed on high or ultra and run a skyrim modded to hell with a good enb Here s the parts I Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop have selected so far Case http www newegg com Product Produc E Monitor http www newegg com Product Produc Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop E DVD Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Produc E Network Adapter http www newegg com Product Produc E Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Sound Card http www newegg com Product Produc E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Produc E Keyboard http www newegg com Product Produc E Memory http www newegg com Product Produc E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Produc E Int SSD http www newegg com Product Produc E Thermal Compound http www newegg com Product Produc E Desk Decoration http www newegg com Product Produc SIA Y can t resist the Tali man And also I m a little confused on the SSD and HDD deal I was customizing a pc on maingear to just get some bearings on what I needed and they had a gb SSD as a caching drive and a T HDD as the main drive But I also heard that you want SSD as your main because its faster What is a caching drive and what difference will it make nbsp

A:Buying Parts For Building a Gaming Desktop

Don't get Velociraptor. Get a 1TB WD Black instead.
Caching drive: uses the HDD for files, but stores commonly-accessed stuff on the SSD.
For best performance, get an SSD and use it for OS and core productivity programs. Then store games/media/documents on the HDD.
Don't need additional LAN card.
Why are you buying an additional audio card? It's nice, but your mobo comes with a decent one to begin with.
It's probably cheaper to get TWO dual-channel 2x 8GB RAM kits, instead of the quad-channel one.
Maybe spend a little more on CPU cooler, since you're getting the top GPU too. May I suggest a ~$100 all-in-one water cooling kit.
120GB SSDs are better value these days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-parts-for-building-a-gaming-desktop.199552/
Relevancy 30.53%

I need a laptop that meets the following What is your budget US - What country will you be buying this in Purchasing online from Grenada What size notebook do you prefer Mainstream - -inch screen What brands do you like or dislike Like Acer Sony Toshiba Dislike I was told HP is not a good brand Would you consider a refurbished laptop buying Laptop advice No What are the primary tasks you need this notebook for Web Surfing Office and Productivity Software Listening to Music Photo Editing Computer Programming Video Chat and Conference Movie Streaming and Viewing Output Video to TV or Large Monitor Where will you be using this laptop Will be used different places How many hours of battery life do you need Will you be buying online or in store online Which OS do you prefer Windows or Windows List the screen resolutions that interest you High Resolution x Max Resolution x Do you prefer a glossy or matte screen Glossy or Matte is fine Is the laptops design important to you Yes Approximately what date will you be buying this laptop ASAP How long do you Laptop buying advice want this laptop to last years How much storage capacity do you need GB minimum Are you interested in SSD for storage Maybe Not too sure Do you want a built-in optical drive what type DVD Burner nbsp

A:Laptop buying advice

If you have $850, I would look for something that has an A10 processor in it. Try something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satel...UTF8&qid=1388511238&sr=8-2&keywords=A10+5750m

I dont know what shopping sites are available in your location, but something like this should give you at least a place to start on what to look for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-buying-advice.198988/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi guys, my HTC cell phone sucks, it runs out of the battery every one hour, so I want to buy a new smartphone, one of my friends recommends me ZOPO phone, I havent heard of it before, have you ? I have searched it a lot on the internet and it seems to be a new brand Android phone? er, I am not good at tech stuff, I just hope my new phone could possesses the same function as my tablet does maybe?
Here is the phone I just found from amazon, and I completely dont understand its specs, can anybody here give me a help?

http://www.amazon.com/ZOPO-Quad-And...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1381894469&sr=1-1

A:Buying a smartphone

How old is your HTC? Pretty hard to believe battery only lasts one hour.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-smartphone.197124/
Relevancy 29.67%

After my brother sprayed it with glass cleaner.my laptop key board types wrong letters.lets say I want to write "my laptop key board is messed up" this is what it types: my lap0to9p0 ke3ybo9ar4d i8s me3sse3d u7p0. all the letters in the upper row type the letter and the number above it and vise verse(exept t,y,5,6)
I tried the num lock and sticky keys,checked my language tap still nothing
(I use dell inspirion , windows 7)
Plz help.
thanks

A:My laptop key board is messed up

Have you tried a USB keyboard? If not, try it. You might also try the on screen keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-key-board-is-messed-up.196547/
Relevancy 30.96%

Im trying to decide between these laptops I Want a Gaming laptop that I can also carry around to classes because I use my laptop everyday in college but Im tired of having to replace my laptop every year or so so I want something good that wont be out of date in years but isnt super heavy or overpriced either Heres what im thinking of Samsung - quot Geek Squad Certified Refurbished Laptop - GB Memory - TB Hard Drive - Titan Silver http www bestbuy com site Geek Squad Certified Refurbished Laptop - GB Memory Buying Laptop a - TB Hard Drive p id amp skuId amp st NP Z C amp cp amp lp rd Gen Intel Core i - QM processor- MB L cache GHz processor speed Turbo Boost GHz GB DDR memory Multiformat DVD RW CD-RW drive with double-layer support Records up to GB of data or hours of video using compatible DVD R DL and DVD-R DL media quot LED high-definition widescreen display TB Serial ATA II hard drive rpm NVIDIA GeForce GT M graphics Built-in MP high-definition webcam and microphone Weighs lbs ASUS N DP-DH quot Laptop Computer - Black http www microcenter com product N DP-DH Laptop Computer - Black AMD Buying a Laptop A - M Quad-Core Processor Microsoft Windows -bit GB DDR - RAM TB RPM Hard Drive x Super Multi Double Layer Drive Memory Card Reader AMD Radeon HD M Network b g n Wireless Bluetooth quot LED-backlit TFT LCD Display MSI G Series GE ND- US General http www newegg com Product Produ E amp gclid CIvyyo r rkCFZKk AodDQwAtw MSI G Series GE ND- US Reviews Color Black Red Operating System Windows Home Premium -Bit CPU Type Intel Core i -Core i - M Buying a Laptop GHz Screen quot Memory Size GB DDR Hard Disk GB Optical Drive BD-ROM Graphics Card NVIDIA Geforce GTX M Video Memory GB GDDR Communication Killer Buying a Laptop Gaming Network Dimensions quot x quot x quot - quot Weight lbs Lenovo IdeaPad Y Windows http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Intel Core i M GHz GB Memory TB HDD Dual NVIDIA GeForce GT M SLI x Windows lbs MSI CX NF- US Notebook http www amazon com MSI- NF- US-Notebook-i - QM-GeForce dp B BQMGVC ref sr s pc amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - amp keywords MSI quot HD Display x Intel Core i - QM GHz GB DDR GB HDD DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT M Windows Brown nbsp

A:Buying a Laptop

What did you decide on?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-laptop.196591/
Relevancy 30.96%

I need a laptop that can be used for Graphic Design, Animation, Programming, and Gaming/Recording Gameplay. I need a laptop not a PC. Here are the two options I have decided:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Fangbook_Evo_AX7-300_Gaming_Notebook
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/?sb=:000001C9:0000EF17:

Thank You,
Connor G.

P.S. Just view it as whichever would be optimal for my needs listed above.

A:Buying a Laptop Help

Depends on specs, but the Lenovo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-laptop-help.196673/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys I want to buy a new notebook for college use probably hours a day but not consecutive something durable enough that lasts years My usage is like internet movies light Need a for Notebook new buying advice gaming CS Source COD Prototype Fifa and the regular apps and softwares like photoshop movie maker virtualdj and I do use torrents Need advice for buying a new Notebook occasionally I ll probably go for Windows given the lack of new windows notebooks - don t know if it s only in India According to this usage description do tell if Need advice for buying a new Notebook I need to elaborate can you please suggest if I m in the right direction So far I ve thought of this CPU is i - u or i - m or i - m pls advice which is best and why GB Need advice for buying a new Notebook RAM GPU is GB radeon or nvidia HDD - TB Brand lenovo dell hp samsung if you ve used aany of these brands let me know about your experience I live in India and I m going to buy from a local retailer Budget is I ve seen these notebooks http www flipkart com computer co EBVBGXD JPQ COMDDQRNMWHH SZK COMDEH SRNBYVC J Lenovo Ideapad Z - Dell Inspiron R i - U GB GB GB Radeon Samsung NP E C-S IN Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need advice for buying a new Notebook

Is that $700 USD or Rupee? Try to get at least 8GB of DDR3 RAM 4GB is not enough. 3GB with the OS and 2GB free after apps. i3 is okay make sure that is 2GHz the lowest 1.7GHz. GPU 512MB min 1GB mid or 2GB high. HDD 320 to 750GB. With the price range you have you can get some really nice here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-buying-a-new-notebook.194903/
Relevancy 30.53%

So I am looking at buying a new and Laptop Buying advice new could a use some I laptop and instantly I went to Newegg I have been looking around and narrowed it down to MSI gaming laptops Laptop Laptop I asked my cousin his opinion since he does a lot with computers and he essentially told me The specs on both are horrible since the only difference is the color and RAM The processors on both will be slower then his current computer which is a standard DELL with a nd or rd gen i Both are much slower then most other computers They are just terrible gaming laptops in general So he pretty much said they are both terrible Since this is Buying a new Laptop and I could use some advice my first time buying a computer on my own and it is a lot of money to spend I am looking for a little guidance Both of the above look pretty good to me speed and performance wise Buying a new Laptop and I could use some advice I play a lot of games on Steam League of Legends Diablo and some other pretty demanding games I am also looking to do some school work on Microsoft Office and such to do research and write papers and things I am a college student At some point in the future I may have to install some D CAD software since I am studying to be an engineer I also do general computer things and possibly record some game play footage I hope to use whatever computer I get for or years assuming I take care of it properly If both of these options are bad which I am fairly confident that they are not can anyone point me in the right direction My budget is anywhere close to the price of the two above - Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Buying a new Laptop and I could use some advice

Both laptops are great, I really do not know what your cousin was thinking. Both laptops have the highest end components you can get. They are are overkill though. This is why:
1) You want to avoid RAID 0.
2) 32GB RAM is too much.
3) A 4GB GPU for 1080P is overkill, but doesnt hurt.

Pros:
1) The 780M is great.
2) 4th gen CPU
3) A lot of RAM.

I would recommend Sager laptops. They offer great value. I would look into this:
1) http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=special&mid=NP9390
- I would chose this because it has dual 8970Ms. This will kill battery life (not like it had any in the first place), but it will play any game @ ultra. Lower the amount of RAM to 16GB since 24-32GB is overkill. Make sure you select the Intel Intel 240GB 525 series SSD instead of the Crucial M4. Make sure you chose the prefered OS (Win 7 vs Win 8).

That is the best option because it comes with 2 GPUs. It is by far the best value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-laptop-and-i-could-use-some-advice.194366/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello I could need some help , to decide which laptop to buy. First I thought about getting a macbook air or some other ultrabook , but they are just too small. So yeah after that I wanted to get the asus n56vz , but here in Wien it's only sold online , so that option is out of reach (can't wait 7 days , I am leaving in 4).

Ok to keep it short can you suggest me some good laptops with the screen size 15,6'' or 17,3'' (15,6" preferable) that cost up to 1020 Euro.
Also I prefer intel-i7 processors and dedicated graphics , and I would use the machine for web development (front-end) so it should be able to run photoshop cs6.

A:Buying a new laptop

15inch MBPs are pretty overpriced. Dedicated graphics cards are pretty rare nowadays in non-gaming machines because they suck up power and most users dont need dedicated GPUs. Will you be gaming on this laptop? Or just for GPU acceleration purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-laptop.194391/
Relevancy 29.67%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=H77 Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-1866-memory-compatible-with-an-h77-board.194307/
Relevancy 30.53%

This is the specifications of motherboard of my PC
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01237572

I want to change my graphic card so that I can play the latest coming games like call of duty mw2, assassin's creed, homm6, League of legends etc.

I don't have any huge desire to go for ultra graphics and I suppose my budget will also not allow me to go for cards giving that performance.
It will be nice if I can play the above games especially league of legends from medium to high graphics with around 60fps at least.

My budget is around 7k-11k and if possible suggest cards with PS/Vs version 4 or above. Please see the specifications of the PCI slots from the above link and suggest cards which my desktop will be able to run.

A:Help in buying graphics card

What currency is that budget in? Also what power supply do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-in-buying-graphics-card.193134/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all, I have monitor gericom 2030 and it has some power board model that I cant find on sell, so I have buy one that is almost same with it. 4 plugs for invetors are same but one connection for t-con board is diffrent and on oroginal board I have pins (5V, 5v, GND, GND, 12v, BL, N/F) and on board that I have buy has ( 12v, 12v, GND, GND, 5v, 5v, GND, N.C, ON, DIM, MS ) So any suggests wich on wich one I should connect?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-power-board-on-monitor.190328/
Relevancy 24.94%

Guys,I am going to build a gaming pc which components will used items.Can u tell me which things should I recall in my mind while buying used HDD,GPU,PROCESSOR,MOTHERBOARD,RAM,DVD DRIVE,PSU etc
What I figure out what ever I buy it must have warranty.Any advice is very needed.Thanks

A:What things I should keep in mind when buying used things?

Suppose the answer changes based on who you are buying from. A lot of these things either work or they don't...

HDD - you could use something like Crystal Disk Info and hope everything shows up green. Or run a Long DST with Seatools (will take 5+ hours on large disks)
GPU - Visually inspect that it is clean, if possible have them run some benchmarks on it and monitor the temperature to make sure its reasonable and there is not artifacting or crashing happening.
Processor - If its less than 7 years old and hasn't been heavily overclocked it has an extremely high chance of being fine.
Motherboard - This is probably fine too if it is shown to work at all, check the caps to see none are bulging or leaking.
RAM - Nothing quick you can do here, ask them if it has passed multiple passes of memtest, you could have them show you, but it will take at least overnight before you get a real answer.
DVD Drive - if it burns disks and reads its fine. If it dies on you, not much you can do, things are like $16 new anyway, don't put a lot of thought into this.
PSU - just find out what one it is and google if it is any good. This really depends on how demanding your system is.

Basically you just have to have a little faith in who you are buying from and ask them if something doesn't work right away if you can return it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-things-i-should-keep-in-mind-when-buying-used-things.190097/
Relevancy 30.53%

Which one will be better, Asus gtx 660 or zotac gtx 660??
Considering the prices are equal

A:Asus vs Zotac when buying GTX 660?

Does both offer the same cooling options as well? What about speed?
Sometimes manufactures will slightly overclock their cards. While some will offer better cooling. If all is the exact same for each card. Then, I would say neither is better then the other.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-vs-zotac-when-buying-gtx-660.188937/
Relevancy 31.39%

My PC config: i3(1st gen)-2gbram-1gb graphic card-500gb hard disk.
I want to buy a new 4gb ram.Suggest.
There are some starting from Rs2000/- and some higher range.what's the basic diff?
This is a result I got from flipkart:
http://www.flipkart.com/computers/c...yout=grid&_suid=13560908950270868041444678056

A:Need help buying new RAM

Which memory modules do you need, is it DDR, DDR2, or DDR3 memory modules?
Is it a notebook you are buying memory for or desktop (the difference would be SO-DIMM and DIMM)?

If you are uncertain, tell us which computer you have or which motherboard you are using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-new-ram.188357/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a M5A99x Evo Re2.0, brand new board and the audio from the rear doesnt work at all when I plug the pink and green plugs. I have an HDMI connecting from my TV to my Gcard, I get audio through the TV but cant seem to get those jacks working. Ive used two different headsets to see if it might have been the headset itself. im really stumped.

A:New board, no sound from front or rear jacks

Have you gone into the sound menu in your control panel and set your default audio device to your headset?

If, under the "playback" tab, the HDMI output is ticked, then this is the problem.

Just click on the correct device(It should either list your headphones or say "high definition audio", or something similar) and then click "set default".

This should solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-no-sound-from-front-or-rear-jacks.188180/
Relevancy 30.53%

So I've been out of the loop for a while on wireless adapters. Could you guys make a suggestion on the type I should buy that is considered cheap(er), but effective for the price. I mostly play games and stream games. So I want something that will give me the necessary mbps to do so.

I've noticed most adapters are USB now, how do these compare to PCI and PCI-Express?

A:Need help with buying wireless adapters

Well if you are gaming a lot you'd need a high powered one so a bad wireless connection doesn't lag or cut out

This one is very powerful and has a very large antenna
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833281002

This one is cheaper, but not as powerful but still really good:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833281001

I would also recommend netgear, however the windows 8 support is iffy but the two amped wireless ones would definitely work in windows 8 and the company has outright said they work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-buying-wireless-adapters.187800/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new laptop in the $500-600 range. I mostly use the laptop for media(music/movies) and middle range games Like Dota2/league of Legends/Heroes of Newerth. I'm not very educated on the how to pick out a good laptop as I'm used to only buying desktops. Can you make some suggestions for what I should buy. I would prefer to have a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated as the majority of my time for this will be for gaming.

A:Buying new laptop (need help/suggestions)

I would suggest an i3 which would normally come with around 3 or 4 gig ram and should have a good enough card in for them sort of games @ your price range

Also depends if you want new or not bothered if 2nd hand as long as good try cex if 2nd hand

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-laptop-need-help-suggestions.187420/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey guys, I recently decided to upgrade my PC and was advised by "xcylent" that this would be the place to come for a good source of info (I need it). The new PC I'm after is going to be a gaming PC but I only have a budget of max $1200AUD. 90% of the time I use my computer for online games (battlefield 3, CSS and so on) and watching movies/videos. I'm not too fussed about upgrading my monitor, mouse and keyboard as I think I'll worry about that later in the year. I was wondering if I could get some advice on good setups within my price range so I don't buy the first rig offered to my blindly. Thanks in advance, Brad.

A:Buying a gaming rig, would appreciate any opinions

Who will you be using to buy the parts? We can suggest systems in your local currency then as they'll differ from USD prices.

Also, besides the keyboard, mouse and display, are you recycling any other parts from an existing build? e.g. DVD drive, hard drives, case or Windows license etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-gaming-rig-would-appreciate-any-opinions.186473/
Relevancy 30.96%

Xcylent sent me here from his youtube channel. I can spend no more than $400 on a computer for gaming I dont need it to look cool just to run good while gaming. I live is The United States. Any help is appreciated.

A:Need help buying/building a PC

Do you have any parts that you were looking to reuse? Such as: Monitors,Mice, or Keyboard? Maybe even HDD, PSU and Case from a current machine. I ask because it will not be easy building a gaming PC with the budget of $400.

What games do you play?
What resolutions do you play at?
What type performance were you hoping to achieve with this new build?
Open to buying parts online?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-building-a-pc.186140/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am buying a new monitor led 24" I have narrowed it down to two models one is ASUS VS247H and the other BENQ GL2450HM.Both cost about the same the budget is around 13,000 Rupees (INR).Need suggestions as to which to pick, open for suggestions for other models within the budget.
Thank You.

A:Buying new monitor

They both look comparable, but then I'm no expert on monitors. The only major difference I could see was the Asus monitor doesn't appear to have built-in speakers (has an headphone port for HDMI instead), the Benq monitor does have built-in speakers.

ASUS VS247H
BENQ GL2450HM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-monitor.184118/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a pc with the flg specs Phenom II X T M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB GB GB HDD Transcend Graphics suggestion card buying DDR GB RAM Windows Ultimate X Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus W psu My Current graphic card is xfx radeon hd gb I m planning to buy a graphic card that replaces my current one I can t decide which one to buy My budget is INR approx USD I play games like need for speed series hot pursuit the run Just Cause AC brotherhood etc I need a card that could be able to run these games on med-high settings probably not extreme settings My monitor is Samsung SyncMaster quot Graphics card buying suggestion x resolution I think the games can smoother at this resolution I ve looked the radeon card It is nice and has some power for my requirements But it s price is bit high in India INR So suggest me a card that would be running the games incl latest on med-high settings on my native resolution Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card buying suggestion

I would go with either the 7770 or 6850, Nvidia don't have great cards at that price point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-buying-suggestion.183406/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am thinking of buying a new laptop I bought a high end gaming machine before spent a lot of money Now five years later its practically worth less of new laptop - Thinking buying advice buyers a than any new decent laptop I can potentially buy I have been looking at mostly the GPU It s seems the technology has advanced so much that no matter what CPU you get its going to be enough for most games So the main thing is the GPU What I don t get is you see in some reviews the GPU is classified as high-end or middle-end etc So doesn t it mean that at the time the GPU is released it is the fastest most recent high end GPU Later when better ones come out it gradually shifts to the mid-range category Or are some GPU Thinking of buying a new laptop - buyers advice simply mid-range as soon as it comes out ALso Thinking of buying a new laptop - buyers advice does higher model number mean better gpu as it is getting confusing I haven t been checking the last tech mags lately which I did before I bought my laptop the last time nbsp

A:Thinking of buying a new laptop - buyers advice

What is your budget max?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thinking-of-buying-a-new-laptop-buyers-advice.182685/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, I'm new here, just wanted opinions on buying parts to buy my own PC and if it would hold up for a couple of years for gaming?

Cpu: AMD FX-6200 3.80GHz 6-core
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 AMD 970
GPU: AMD RADEON HD 6570 1GB PCIe

I've not included the power supply and hard drive etc. because they didn't seem relevant much.
All suggestions are welcome but I'm limited by a budget of £400.

A:Is this computer spec worth buying?

That's not a great gaming setup, games are mostly dependant on the GPU and the 6570 will likely only play games on low details.

Is the budget just for those 4 components or does it include everything (PSU, hard drive, case, etc.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-computer-spec-worth-buying.181999/
Relevancy 35.26%

My father wants me to find my mother a laptop, he gave me a budget of around $700. In all likelihood she will mostly use it for facebook, facebook games and movies. She will mostly be using the laptop while working in a coffee stand so she can probably plug it in whenever she needs to. She probably wont replace it for some time so something that will hold up well over the years would be nice. She hates change and is used to using windows systems so I'm not sure if she would go for a mac. I really don't know a damn thing about laptops and I have no idea what to look for or where to start so any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-laptop-for-my-mother.181330/
Relevancy 30.53%

AMD Atlon II X3 3.1GHZ
MSI NF725GM-P31 Mo
700W PSU
8gig ram
Windows 7

I currently lack the budget for my high end rig and would like to ask if buying a Gainward GTX 680 Phantom right now and placing it in my low end rig be okay?

A:Buying a high-end GPU for a low-end system

I wouldn't call your rig a "low end system." However, I don't think your computer will be able to take full advantage of what the GTX 680 can do. If you plan on upgrading your CPU or motherboard soon(6 to 12 months) I'd say go ahead and get it. Even though your rig cannot let the 680 "be all it can be," you will certainly get a LARGE increase in performance. It will also some what future proof your system. Only thing I'm worried about is your power supply, can you give me more details on the make and model of your PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-high-end-gpu-for-a-low-end-system.180615/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time browser of TS and am glad to finally join. I am looking to utilize a Q6600 processor and the following system board and RAM:

ASUS P5G41T-M LX Plus
Corsair XMS3 1333MHz PC3-10666

The goal is to moderately overclock the Q6600 to 3.2 GHz. In my research, I have read many positive reviews about the stability of ASUS boards, and the DDR3 capability is significant to me. However, from what I have gathered, this board can be fussy when overclocking the CPU. Has anyone had any experience with a similar setup?

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

A:New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Firstly, why do you need to overclock it? I'm guessing its more because you want to, than necessity, but my thoughts are below.

I run the exact same CPU in my system 24/7 and while it might be long in the tooth compared with most systems on here, it's certainly not lacking at stock speeds as it is.

Not sure if system specs is easily read right now, but for the sake of doubt, mine are: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 stepping (at stock OC with Corsair H50 (push/pull) providing cooling), Abit AW9D-MAX, 8GB OCZ Gold series DDR2-1066, HD6870, Antec HCG-620 PSU, a SSD and six mechanical disks.

I wouldn't call 3.2GHz a moderate OC on the Q6600, that's more like 2.8-3.0GHz. I used to have mine overclocked but the difference was so minimal (in real terms) that the additional heat it gave off and power it consumed made it pointless. I was never able to achieve 3.05GHz or above either, but I've no doubt that more experienced hands would have managed it. Overclocking is my weaker subject in the field of IT generally speaking, and I can't say I've ever really pushed the envelope very far in that regard.

Though that said, I've always found Gigabyte boards to be much more forgiving when it comes to RAM settings. Asus in my experience can be a real nightmare with recognising the default timings and voltages for RAM, and in "my experience" need much more work to achieve the same result.

Another point that needs to be considered is LGA-775 is legacy hardware now, so you'd be spending money on defunct hardware. If you have the CPU it might be better to grab a second-hand board off of eBay or something, or maybe look to something newer and more current.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-project-lga-775-board-w-ddr3-needed-thoughts-please.180344/
Relevancy 30.53%

i have a dee optiplex gx 280 and i have 8 gb ram and a navida quatro 1 gb video card and seagate 500 gb harddrive i put in liquid cooling and a bigfoot 1gb enternet card got 2 sony dvd rewriters and the stock power supply just need to know if i can upgrade the cpu i like the pc it is working fine just would like to make it all it can be im running windows 7 ultimate and got good scores on proformance test
processor: 4.2
memory (ram): 5,2
Graphics: 5.9
Gaming graphics:4.7
primary hard drive:5.9
what would help othere then buying a new pc please help

A:Can I change my CPU without buying a new motherboard?

What's your motherboard model and what CPU do you have at the moment?

Also what do you use the PC for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-change-my-cpu-without-buying-a-new-motherboard.179508/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, i am currently looking at buying a new PC. I want something that will last and was just wondering your thoughts and opinions on this build, is it relatively safe in terms of not needed to be upgraded anytime soon and is it worth the money... thanks for your time.

Intel core i5 2400 quad core 3.1ghz
asus p8z68-v lx
8gb Ram ddr3 1600mhz
2Gb AMD Radeon HD7850
500gb sata III 6gbHDD 7200rpm 16mb cache
corsair 650w power supply
Triple copper heat pipe Intel CPU cooler
Asus xonar dg5.1 sound card
24x dvd writer
windows 7 inc.
Fancy case with all the fans, lights, bells and whistles required

I also get 7 years breakdown insurance as standard
all for £820 (Equivalent $1312)

A:Buying a new PC.. Is this worth the money?

You could get a better spec if you built it yourself but if you're not into that then yeah, that looks to be a decent build for the price.

If your budget allows it try to incorporate an SSD, it's worth the money IMO.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-pc-is-this-worth-the-money.179398/
Relevancy 29.24%

Bought me recently a new MoBo: P8H67, installed it, killed Realtek onboard in the BIOS, all thus far goes splendid.
Put in SoundMax (from my P5E Lifestyle), hardware checks ok.
Install driver... and here things go awkward: no matter what I try: SoundMax Hi Def is not found/recognized.
Tried both the DVD-soft that came with me P5E, as well as online new drivers, to no use...

Reason for SoundMax: I was slightly baffled by the power behind the tiny card, it was literally mindblowing (over my JBL's).
This power is not found on Realtek hardware, hence.

Prob: I want to keep using the tiny SoundMax, but I desperately need a driver.

Win 7 Ultimate X64 (registered)

Suggestions?

Thank you all:
Ben

A:P5E Lifestyle Board SoundMax to Asus P8H67

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p5e-lifestyle-board-soundmax-to-asus-p8h67.178931/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all, I am new to the world of NAS devices.
I have 5 X 3.5" Sata HardDisks which I would like to share the data around my home network.
I have 2 notebooks, 1 netbook, 1 iPad, 1 desktop and a PS3; I would ideally like to share my files with all devices, and it will be a bonus if I can create different user account for access.
I would like to spend around £150-£350 ($240-$550USD) on the NAS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

A:NAS buying advice needed

I recently ordered (and haven't even received yet) from Newegg a Synology 1511+. I was about to press the order button on a Drobo FS until I read all the owner complaints about network speed. I realize, though, that both of these devices are a bit outside of your budget. You might find it a bit difficult to get what you're looking for without stepping up to at least $600 US. The Drobo FS is around $600-630 and the Synology Diskstation 1511+ is around $800-820 US. I could only find 2 qnap devices that supported 5 drives - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc= .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-buying-advice-needed.177030/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am buying new graphics card with a tight budget of 100$.I was gonna go with nvidia gts 450 but then i found hd 6770 with slight increase in the cost.I am very very confused as to which card to go for and also confused between nvidia & ATI.Need some advice here.
Also i am upgrading my psu I was gonna go for corsair cx 430W but then HD6770 card demands more power.My budget for the psu is also restricted to 50$.Please help me.

A:Buying new graphics card

I think you'd need to give us a few locations for websites and how much your budget equates to in local currency. There will be a huge difference in availability of parts and the pricing between US listed items and those actually purchasable in India.

The Seasonic I listed the other day remains the best option for a power supply, and is in my opinion far superior to the Corsair unit. Ultimately though, most main branded power supplies will be absolutely fine at your intended power levels (in terms of hardware).

The decision between AMD (used to be ATi) and Nvidia comes down to two things. Its quite simply the price you are prepared to pay vs. the performance of the GPU. In essence you want to purchase the fastest GPU in your budget. If thats the GTS450 then that is your decision. If you increase your budget you will always find something better, but you then end up in a position where you keep choosing the next fastest GPU and spending even more money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-graphics-card.177814/
Relevancy 30.53%

After years of sharing the malfunctioning family computer, I am finally looking into buying my own computer, preferably a laptop. I'm no wizard with buying computers so I don't know what is a good deal and what is not. I want a computer that will be able to play games, access the internet, etc. etc. with no problem at all. I'm currently looking at this computer: Compaq 15.4" Laptop featuring Pentium Dual Core Processor T2370 (C769CA). The first line, which I'm thinking is a good indication, says: "With an Intel Pentium Dual Core processor T2370 and 3GB of memory". Any suggestions out there?

A:Need help buying a good laptop

Jessy12 said:

Any suggestions out thereClick to expand...

Don't buy a laptop unless it's a MUST for your work or lifestyle or unless your going to shell out $$$ for a Macbook Pro. 90% of PC laptops can't be upgraded except for RAM and HDD, service is expensive, they are a pain to clean internally and cooling is always an issue. Save yourself the hassle and build a desktop. It will be cheaper in the long run, you will enjoy games more, it will be a much faster GPU and CPU and you don't have to buy a new computer in 4-5 years since you can just upgrade certain parts and get $ back by selling your old quality parts. Just a thought to put in your head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-a-good-laptop.177770/
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok, I am about to setup a server used for file syncing and an online db (like SQLite or something?) anyway, I also wanna have Fedora running on it..

I guess I can just get any server and install what I want + make it do what I want it to do, but what server(s) and/or system specs should I be specifically looking at for doing those things better than other servers?

A:File sync + online DB buying advice

Depends. Do you actually need a server?

Are we talking about a dedicated server in a datacenter, or are you building a server at home/work and using it connected to the internet there?

You need to tell us what you want to do with the server. If its a dedicated server, what do you plan to do with it? Monthly bandwidth, unique visitor numbers, number of sites, etc.

For homeserver, again, what is your intended usage. Your current post is far too vague to give any realistic answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-online-db-buying-advice.177063/
Relevancy 29.67%

i was wondering if HIS H675FS1G Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card would work on a MSI G31TM-P21 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

Card # at Newegg=N82E16814161395"]

Board#at Newegg= N82E16813130234

o wait the card is ddr3 , does that mean it won't work?

A:Graphics card compatible with this board?

Sure, the card will work fine. The graphics card memory is independent from the memory type of the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-compatible-with-this-board.176985/
Relevancy 29.24%

I currently have a Lenovo laptop and have had it for 2 and a half years. The battery has always been pretty bad and last about 3 minutes unplugged. The hard drive is a temperamental one from an old laptop as the original broke for no apparent reason, probably didn't help I was constantly having to rebuild it too. I know it is stupid but when I got this laptop I was young and naive and didn't realise how essential recovery disks are.
I realise to replace all of these would be quite expensive so am wondering whether it is worth just buying a new laptop?

A:Worth replacing the hard drive, battery and buying recovery disks?

We need more information to comment.
There are at least 7 levels of Lenovo laptop... Is this a T-series... or just what is it? model and type.
In general, Lenovo laptops are among the most reliable...
This is not a good time to buy hard drives, due to the market over-adjusting to the hard drive factories under water in Thailand.
Batteries, good ones, can be found for $35 to $45
But you can get a 90 GB SATA hard drive for $90 or less.
Tell us the hard drive brand and size, the amount of memory installed.
All in all, we can rebuild a decent Lenovo for $140... and that is a lot less expensive than a new laptop. But a shop would have to charge you $205 or more.
A cheap laptop might cost you $500 to $600, but a good laptop could cost you $1200 to $1800. For long term reliability, I would want to invest at least $1000 to $1500

Tell us more so we can best advise you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worth-replacing-the-hard-drive-battery-and-buying-recovery-disks.176085/
Relevancy 30.53%

Helloo Sticking to the forum guides What are you going to use the PC for computer help new a buying gaming Need -Multi purpose gaming however im not bothered about high GFX i jsut want to play MW COD Skyrim etc I often like to alt tab to check my email or play a song etc so something with good ram i guess How much is your budget - Pound Sterling Where are you located a k a fill out your profile -London UK Are you willing to buy online -Yes im not really sure how on earth i would build a PC if i purchased the parts im looking more into a pre built or a website where you can pick and chose they then build and send etc Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build -No Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others -I Need help buying a new gaming computer have a monitor mouse amp keyboard already Have you already bought any parts -No Do you have an Operating System OS -Nope Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup To be honest im not really sure what this question means im nreally new to in-depth PC components etc Any help is greatly appreciated Anything nbsp

A:Need help buying a new gaming computer

Hey its ReeD With aftermarket cooling etc. they mean that whether will need a,better,fan on your CPU (processor) or if you would need watercooling to,keep,it cool. This is only if,you want to overclock your CPU. For motherboard,I would have a look at the Asrock extreme3 gen3 ans whether,it fits,in your budget. Also, you might, want to figure out if,you want a SSD, this might be a bit expensive Nd not fit in your budget. If youare planning to,buy a (small) SSD, get a z68 mothefboard, otherwise a P67 will do

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-buying-a-new-gaming-computer.173529/
Relevancy 25.8%

I want to buy a new pc as i m tired up with my old one So here r my requirements My budget is upto Rs - it includes Processor RAM Motherboard Graphics Card Hard disk DVD writer Cabinet Monitor Speaker and headphone My Main objective is of gaming so i emphasize on CPU components i wanna know which processor will be better in PC new "gaming" a Assistance buying along with a graphics card i m confused between AMD and intel i wanna have an ATI radeon Graphics probabaly HD or series as i heared they Assistance in buying a new "gaming" PC are the best but still confused abt intel too i want at-least gb hard drive any decent LCD moniter would be OK atleast GB RAM the speakers headphone mice dvd writer and keyboard can be of any brand with OK performance ie no need to put extra bugs for any delight or looks etc You know what i mean The pc must be able to run most of the latest games like Crysis Black ops COD MOH etc So please help me out and provide me the latest prices INDIAN RUPEES as well as all the component names quot brands quot mentioned above and also some of their features if possible It would be hepful if the prices are of Lucknow as i live here and also if u have any suggessions of change in components quot but in budget the mentioned quot will be welcomed Would appreciate ur effort nbsp

A:Assistance in buying a new "gaming" PC

Please let us know what your budget is in U.S. currency. Ritwik7 is a regular contributor from India especially when it comes to builds. Hopefully he will see this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/assistance-in-buying-a-new-gaming-pc.171705/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have been going through the process of building a computer for the first time and the motherboard is the final piece of the puzzle I am seriously considering the Asus Maximus Gene-Z as the motherboard to go along with GB Hawks OC in SLI on mATX a Is SLI usually on board avoided? air to go along with an OC i - k but I have been seeing some concerns about temperatures in general As far Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided? as cooling the board would be in a mid-tower that has the dimensions of the full tower Storm Sniper with its default fans and the CPU would be cooled by a Corsair A I do have a few ATX motherboard in mind if the mATX option isn t ideal for SLI including the MSI Z A-GD ASUS P Z -V PRO or ASRock Z EXTREME GEN i - K Corsair A GB GTX Hawk in SLI x GB G Skill Sniper DDR Samsung Spinpoint TB Asus x DVD-Drive Cooler Master Storm Sniper Seasonic X- nbsp

A:Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided?

Personally if I was building a computer without having any hardware to start with I would probably aim for a higher end single card rather than 2 older and now mid range 460 GTX cards. That way in the future you can pickup another higher performance card and then use SLI.

As for mATX and SLI, as long as the board supports it then there is no problem. You have stated its in a full tower so airflow won't be a problem. You might find some problems such as PCI 1x slot blocked/unusable when you have two double slot (two expansion slot height) PCI-E graphics cards in the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-sli-on-a-matx-board-on-air-usually-avoided.171814/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all I have an asus x s laptop and a while ago the power jack inside broke off and went further into the unit I managed to take the laptop apart and retrieve the jack I then rather stupidly attempted to desolder board PCB Splintered the remainder of the unit from the board and found that apparently ASUS use diamond as solder that or I wasn t doing something right Anyway point is that the contacts stayed in the board no matter what and only with force Splintered PCB board and heat did they come out unfortunately however there are still two contacts firmly in the board Anyway as you can all imagine the inevitable happened The board warped slightly and on one of the corner points the iron went through and splintered the side picture attached A couple of questions Number And I think I already know the answer to this As this has happened will this be detrimental to the running of the laptop I m going to guess that the second I turn it on should I be successful in replacing that the power will short and the world will end or something Number Since last using the laptop I can only assume that the rest of the components processor RAM Drive etc are still in good working order and I m wondering just how successful anyone may think it would be to sell the laptop as spare parts or would I be better off taking into the yard with a shotgun Sorry about the cynical nature of this post that s just how I am that and I m incredibly annoyed at myself for thinking that me soldering iron delicate electronics was ever going to have any other outcome than this nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/splintered-pcb-board.171757/
Relevancy 29.67%

Need info old board P4SD-VL

Hi,

<I'm trying to fix a very old pc; it's almost ready but I can't set front USB ports.>

That´s what I said. But more than a simple thing I need; USB frontal ports are working now. The matter is I can´t find drivers to set Sound, LAN, Modem... The pc is working fine, I've installed operating system, office programs and some other software without trouble.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mauricio

A:Need old board P4SD-VL front USB pin description

Who made the motherboards chipset? VIA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-old-board-p4sd-vl-front-usb-pin-description.170893/
Relevancy 28.81%

hello, ive had this desktop computer for years now and the processor is extremely outdated. I have been looking around trying to figure out how i can upgrade the processor speed but it seems the more i look up the less i know about computers...

anyways i have: Board: MICRO-STAR MS-7184
Serial Number: 5922655884

current proccessor: 2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded

I believe the socket is a 939? when i looked up these specs i found that the highest processor i can place is " AMD Athlon 64 X2 (up to 4800+) and Sempron (up to 3200+) processors".

Can anyone verify this?Or is it not worth investing in a new processor? i am looking to find the best upgrade rather then spending cash to buy a new computer. Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

A:Looking to upgrade processor, board Micro-Star MS-7184

Hey Noctis,

Truth be told you are better off upgrading your Motherboard, RAM, and Processor if you want to see any substantial difference. A socket 939 is quite a bit old and since then they have move onto the AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, etc sockets for AMD Mobos and Processors.

Socket 939 processors are to the point where they are no longer just old enough to be cheap. Since they are no longer made they are old enough to be more expensive than modern counterparts in many cases.

When upgrading the MOBO and CPU you want to look into more than just the processor speed. Important factors are also the types and amount of cache for a processor, number of cores, and RAM that can be used with that CPU.

The newer Athlon II X2s as an example are a significant leap from the original Athlon 64s and a discerning buyer online can find them significantly cheap. AM2+ boards are currently somewhat inexpensive and so is DDR2 RAM. They are currently at the stage where they are old enough to be somewhat cheap but with the newest socket and processors being sold by AMD now it may change iwthin the next few years to start getting expensive again from being old enough.

You also have the route of a AM3 with DDR2 or DDR3 Ram option available which are also moderately priced.

If you check out the website pricewatch.com you can look at pricing for several different mobos, cpus, etc from various websites easily. I just completed a full build including case, HDD, Mobo, CPU, DVD-RW, RAM, Graphics card, etc for just over $350.00

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-upgrade-processor-board-micro-star-ms-7184.170905/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys I am purchasing a computer from I Buy Power here s the link a in Buying rate/help high tomorrow, end build! advance! my Thanks computer please http www ibuypower com Store Gamer Paladin D I do a lot of video editing and gaming can t Buying a high end computer tomorrow, please rate/help my build! Thanks in advance! wait for Diablo This is my first time quot building quot my own computer and you guys are the experts so please let know if I can cut back on anything or if I should pay a few extra dollars for something else I really want a super nice computer One more thing should I add a ssd cache z and remove the ssd a few pros and cons would be nice Thanks Buying a high end computer tomorrow, please rate/help my build! Thanks in advance! for the help With all the options i added without the off it comes to CoolerMaster HAF Advanced - Black iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction - None iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion - None i - K Processor Liquid CPU Cooling System SOCKET- - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade Push-Pull Airflow GB DDR - Corsair GeForce GTX ASUS P Z -V Pro Intel Smart Response Technology - none Watt -- CoolerMaster RSA -AMBAJ -US GB Corsair Force Series F SSD Dual TB Drives TB Capacity - RAID Data Security-- M Cache RPM Gb s X Dual Format Double Layer DVD R RW CD-R RW Drive LG BLU-RAY Re-Writer DVD R RW -In- Internal Flash Media Card Reader Meter Display-NZXT Sentry Touch Screen Fan Controller amp Temperature Display Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Intel Pro Network Card Microsoft Windows Home Premium Standard -Year Limited Warranty nbsp

A:Buying a high end computer tomorrow, please rate/help my build! Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this is "TMI" but I might like to run dual 580's in the future... I was also having a tuff time deciding between the asus pro z68 or the gigabite ud4-b3..... thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-high-end-computer-tomorrow-please-rate-help-my-build-thanks-in-advance.170478/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey sup guys? I am looking to buy an SSD so I can put my programs such as Firefox, Adobe Suit and similar as well as the OS on it, but having hard time figuring which one would be ideal.

My current MOBO is Asus M4N78-SE. You can view rest of the specs on my profile.

I am currently looking at:

RAM

as well as

SSD

PS:

Budget for SSD + RAM £130 MAX

And snap, my mobo supports only DDR2 so it looks like il be needing to upgrade a new mobo :3

Advice appreciated.

A:Help, buying an SSD

Is it worth getting an SSD then? Will it work on my board since I don't know if its SATA2 or SATA3 compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-an-ssd.170004/
Relevancy 30.96%

I was wondering which DDR3 Ram would be better for AMD phenom II. My motherboard is a Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 and i would like to know if i should keep using Corsair avenger or buy Kingston hyperX or GSkill for better performance and better overclocking performance. I don't know which one will work better or has specifically been made for AMD processors

A:Buying new DDR3

Anything listed in the Memory Support List for your motherboard will be worth purchasing. I'd stick to 1600MHz RAM though, but the choice is yours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-ddr3.168481/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi y'all

I got a Intel Server Board L440GX with the dual Pentium III processors and i cant get it to recognize the Mylex eXtreme RAID 2000 FW 7.01-00. I have never configured a raid before but i think i got it right(not sure) anyway the bios says that no h.d. or likewise is installed. I ain't got any ideas on what to do please help

A:Intel server board L440GX RAID issues

bwta, sound like you better take a look at:
http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/l440gx/AcceleRAID1_0.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-server-board-l440gx-raid-issues.168173/
Relevancy 31.39%

I would like to buy a new CPU I have two options in mind Buying new CPU a Buy the best one that is compatible with my mother board Or buy a new mother board and CPU that dose not require me to replace the graphics card or ram sticks Or anything else for that matter psu is an exception they are not incredibly expensive right I was thinking of getting the quot Q quot but im not sure it s compatible What cpu would you suggest i buy I currently have CPU Intel Buying a new CPU Pentium Cores Threads Name Intel Pentium Code Name Prescott Package Socket LGA Technology nm Specification Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Family F Extended Family F Model Extended Model Stepping Revision G Instructions MMX SSE SSE SSE Intel Virtualization Unsupported Hyperthreading Supported Enabled Fan Speed RPM Bus Speed MHz Rated Bus Buying a new CPU Speed MHz Stock Core Speed MHz Stock Bus Speed MHz Caches L Data Cache Size KBytes L trace cache Kuops L Unified Cache Size KBytes Core Core Speed MHz Multiplier x Bus Speed MHz Rated Bus Speed MHz Thread APIC ID Thread APIC ID Click to expand Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model I GZME-RH Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model i GZ Chipset Revision A Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model GB ICH R Southbridge Revision A System Temperature C BIOS Brand Award Software International Inc Version F Date Voltage CPU CORE V MEMORY CONTROLLER V V V V V - V - V PCI Data PCI Available PCI Available PCI AvailableClick to expand nbsp

A:Buying a new CPU

The Core2 Quad Q9550 is not supported. The board will only support up to Core2 Duo E6700. See here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=2304

The Q9550 costs about $300 at Newegg. Is that your budget for the upgrade?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-cpu.167012/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey guys,I'm thinking of getting a fairly used hp desktop replacement.about a year old,but seeing the article on the site about people having issues with desktop replacements,I'm having second thoughts.Can anyone recommend an alternative?

A:Is buying a CUDA desktop replacement a good idea?

What kind of budget are you working with. A desktop worth mentioning in your situation makes work sound fun again. What will you be working on? Can't think of any alternatives to a desktop replacement, besides an actual desktop. Sounds like you need something powerful to use on the go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-buying-a-cuda-desktop-replacement-a-good-idea.164810/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello everyone Im new here and I just wanted to know If you guys would help me in getting a good gaming pc made from scratch First things first as directed by the thread made by Rage K Moiz I ll tell you that my budget should be around to k dollars to make a gaming pc from zero capable of playing some of the most newer games out there with good resolutions nothing crazy but above average My knowledge of the subject isnt what it used to be back in the days when you only had to worry about P and stuff so forgive me if I end up asking too much questions My original idea was to get some quad core processors with gb gpu and a few more things maybe im doint it wrong but thats why im here asking for your a 1.5K PC, gaming to budget Buying $1.3 help Now im from mexico so a Buying a gaming PC, $1.3 to 1.5K budget few parts may or may not be as easy to get as back in the US but any and all help Buying a gaming PC, $1.3 to 1.5K budget wouldbe appreciated thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-gaming-pc-1-3-to-1-5k-budget.164877/
Relevancy 30.1%

So I m buying a new computer with a Amd Phenom Ii X t ghz Processor I can select to upgrade the motherboard but am not sure if it s really worth it or if I will see any real differences One thing I want is dual monitors I m upgrading the graphics card to have two dvi outs if I went with a Ecs A gm-M Am Esata Hdmi Dvi amp a would this give me the ability to have dual monitors using the onboard video Below is the list of my options give me your thoughts new Buying worth mobo? upgrading computer, thanks very much in advance Amd Socket Am Am Athlon Ii Phenom Amd Am Am Ddr Pci-E Sata Mboard Ecs Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo? Mcp m-M Socket Am Ddr- Mboard Add Ecs A gm-M Am Ddr Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo? Pci-E Ati Hd Add Biostar Mcp p Am Nvidia Motherboard Add Asus M n t-M Am Ddr - Mboard Add Asus M a lt-M Le Am g Ddr Mboard Add Ecs A gm-M Ddr Amd g Radeon Hd Add Msi gm-E g Ddr Hybrid Crossfire Add Ecs A gm-Ad Am Ddr Hybrid Crossfire Add Biostar A g Amd g Am Motherboard Add Asus M a t-M Am Amd g mt S Ddr Add Msi gm-E Am Amd g Motherboard Add Ecs A gm-M Am Esata Hdmi Dvi amp a Add Msi gm-E g Ddr Am Hdmi Esata Add Asrock gm-Le Am Amd g Motherboard Add nbsp

A:Buying new computer, worth upgrading mobo?

1394A is for Firewire 400 connectors, and absolutely nothing to do with your video card.

Considering the new AMD "Bull Dozer" platform is due to be released shortly I wouldn't go mad on a new motherboard.

Most of todays current graphics cards will come with the connectors to facilitate the connection of at least two displays, so that shouldn't be an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-worth-upgrading-mobo.164538/
Relevancy 29.67%

In the build it has you buying two hard drives one of them being a Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB and the other a Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB.

I am not so great with hardware so is the point to this to install everything including your OS onto the 750GB drive and then install what ever game your currently playing Like Crysis 2 onto the 64GB drive so it runs faster?

A:Buying guide Enthusiast's PC hard drive question

That's one option, often installing the OS onto the SSD can result in faster bootup and faster loading of windows applications. With a 64GB drive this might not leave much space for more than the OS. But generally loading the current game you are playing onto the SSD will be beneficial as well. I find some games load screens flash up in front of me and are gone in a few seconds compared to running them off of old physical HDs. Generally the SSD can be used for OS(Win7 takes up 30GB or more if my memory serves me correctly) and the current game you are playing through, and the 750GB would be used for general data. It's not a major performance part of the system, it's nice to have and results in a snappier feel to operations on your computer but I don't think it's essential.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-guide-enthusiasts-pc-hard-drive-question.164316/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi, (First Post)

While it is often true that when you get no post after startup, that it is often the powersupply - it would be nice to know if the motherboard is functioning properly.
I use power supply testers, a great time saver, but does anyone know of a reasonalby inexpensive motherboard tester on the market?

A:Board test equipment

Well, I have seen a few mobo/ram testers on Ebay but have no idea how good they are. Just do a search on there for motherboard tester and several will come up, they are about £20.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/board-test-equipment.162741/
Relevancy 30.96%

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=959&catid=1828&sortby=priceDesc

Looking at laptops from the above website (I am in the UK)

Would appreciate if you guys could point me in the direction of the best "bang for buck" laptop from those.

I usually only use PCs and I am not at all familiar with laptops.

Thanks

A:Help buying a new laptop

What use do you require from the laptop?
Gaming?
General use/applications?

For gaming I'd suggest a second generation i5 or greater processor, more games are taking advantages of 2+ cores nowadays.

Watch out when considering laptop graphics as often the same model number with a M or "Mobile" tagged on the end isn't the equivalent in performance to the desktop part of the same model number.

I often recommend http://www.notebookcheck.net/ for checking mobile processors and mobile graphics performance. Have a lot of reviews and links to reviews of specific laptops too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-a-new-laptop.162647/
Relevancy 30.53%

Budget is no more than quot - quot screen x seems pretty standard for this sort of size The less reflective the better I guess Not hugely concerned about picture Need £350 please! laptop buying advice budget a quality but obviously the best I can afford When it comes to laptops I don t really know which brands are most reliable - any of them can potentially break and after or years will probably start overheating anyway Need advice buying a laptop please! £350 budget Sony s are expensive so probably out the question same for Macs Any model which is known for overheating and making men infertile is a no-go Preferably new or ex display model etc Wanted for mainly everyday use - email MS office web browsing streaming tv But hopefully capable of handling photoshop flash etc reasonably well Don t need it for gaming have a good desktop for that anyway Preferably windows which I can install anyway Ideally hours of battery life minimum Having looked around this is reasonable i think Not too fussy about how quot cool quot it looks Minimum gb gb RAM minimum but more would be good DVD-RW drive Bluetooth is a bonus same with webcam i guess I think that covers everything I ve found a few models that might fit the bill The samsungs look promising and I have a samsung TV monitor which have been reliable so far but haven t made up my mind I haven t posted enough to post links yet but the ones that have caught my eye a bit are lenovo g b samsung rv r and dell inspiron Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Need advice buying a laptop please! £350 budget

photoshop- killer ap

most of what you want could be done on a netbook, like a samsung or asus, for not much money.

photoshop requires a lot of processing power, though. that is the deal-killer.

one thing to consider: get whatever laptop, then swap the existing HD for a SSD. you can find modest, decent size ssd from 100 pounds to 200 pounds. some kingstons provide a 'kit' to help you image the existing hard drive over to the ssd. or you can add the ssd drive, and load win7 from the ground-up.

an ssd is a lot faster than a typical laptop hard drive, and will decrease power required, and so increase battery time per charge. it will make an otherwise unimpressive-performing laptop behave like a more expensive laptop.

the ssd will not store much, but you can cheaply get an external drive - this would force you into good back-up habits.

i don't know how well a netbook would work with an ssd and trying to run photoshop. the hard drive speed might balance out the slower processor. and many netbooks max out at 2GB.

an OK laptop with ssd would work really well, if you shop well and fit it all in 350 pounds.

on a laptop, along with hard drive storage, you often have an SD slot, which can be used as storage, and a laptop-specific pci slot - i don't see that on the samsung, but my dell has this. that slot can be used for a lot of things, including simply sticking in a storage thingie. also, usb flash drives can be used for storage.

in laptops, the hard drives are slow, usually 5400 rpm, and are part of the power drain, so i just think it is worthwhile to consider the ssd option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-buying-a-laptop-please-%C2%A3350-budget.161918/
Relevancy 28.81%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-sli-board-no-video-output.160688/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello I have a desktop with motherboard Via KT CF- ruinign on windows xp I had a MB memory and the computer was running very slow with lots K7VTA3 ECS RAM v8) fully isn't recognized (board of RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8) lags I decided to buy some more memory and bought the lot of two kit Kingston KVR X C AK total of GB I opened the computer and inserted the two memory sticks on the motherboard and switch on the computer As it runs BIOS says only MB Ram and not GB RAM Other times it reads sometimes says MB and one time said MB RAM Its very strange this Whats going on I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR SDRAM Did I bought a wrong set of memory sticks or is it something wrong in the computer data from Everest software ID Motherboard -KT CF- -K VTA C- Motherboard ECS K VTA v Physical Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization North Bridge VIA VT Apollo KT Thanks Boto nbsp

A:RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR200/266/333 SDRAM.Click to expand...

You bought DDR400 so I'd say your RAM is not supported by your motherboard. Also, the voltage standard for your motherboard is 2.5 volts. Your RAM needs 2.6 volts although it should still run if your motherboard supported it in the first place. You might be able to bump up the voltage in the BIOS but I can't say for sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-isnt-fully-recognized-board-ecs-k7vta3-v8.159153/
Relevancy 28.38%

Okay, my board is as described. I have a black bank and a blue bank. I plan on upgrading to 8 gigs of RAM this spring. With my motherboard's setup, would I benefit more from 2 sticks of 4 gig RAM or 4 sticks of 2 gig RAM?

A link to my board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...8&cm_re=M4A785TD-V_EVO-_-13-131-398-_-Product

A:Dual-channel capable board, with 4 DIMM slots in 2 different colors--questions

Link us to your motherboard's website. The manual should contain the correct memory configurations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-capable-board-with-4-dimm-slots-in-2-different-colors-questions.158183/
Relevancy 30.96%

im currently in the market for a new monitor especially with the holiday deals here i am thinking i could find a good monitor for a decent price.

i use my computer mainly for email,surfing,streaming videos,and games.

my budget is in the vicinity of $150 canadian and looking for a monitor 20" and up.

here are a few that caught my eye so far, any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=69,70,330,3735&webid=916625&affixedcode=WW

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=69,70,330,4139&webid=814862&affixedcode=WW

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=f77f2c907477e87787a2ad068a207385en02

im currently leaning towards the asus because of the integrated speakers, size and a 3 year warranty for the price but am not very familiar with asus monitors does anyone have experience with asus brand?

A:Help, buying new monitor

for what you're looking to spend and use it for, a monitor is a monitor. be aware that a screen too large may require a beefier video card than you have in your PC. youre probably safe with a 20". Dont get too caught up in brand but if 2 comparable models are priced the same definately go with the warranty. more than likely you will never use it but the option is nice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-buying-new-monitor.158808/
Relevancy 30.53%

When I was reading the specs for this monitor I got the feeling they where missleading about the environmental impact. For example, the monitor makes a point of being mercury free, but aren't all monitors mercury free? It also states that it's made "with 50% less hazardous materials." Isn't that bad to have any hazardous materials at all or is it common?

Another example is this one with there "Green Technologies". Who knows what that means?

A:Buying environmentally sound products

Is there an actual question in there somewhere?

"50% less hazardous materials" than what?

A CRT is loaded with lead since the high voltage required generates X-Rays. So, there's less lead in an LCD.

Every time you throw away an alkaline battery, you put mercury back into the environment.

Half the time, in relation to monitors, the "energy saving" BS, is just by virtue of the fact these "eco friendly" products don't have bright enough back lights.

No to mention that wholesale users of tech products need to clean up their environmental impact act big time, before the advertisers start laying a guilt trip on individuals to coerce them into buying substandard performing products, for above standard prices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-environmentally-sound-products.158339/
Relevancy 28.81%

So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

Here's the deal: (add the www to see it)tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6327547&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would the Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.

A:Intel desktop board DP55WB motherboard for gaming?

Pyron92 said:

So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

Here's the deal: (add the www to see it)tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6327547&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would the Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.Click to expand...

I'd suggest looking at the same chipset, but in either Gigabyte or Asus brands. Intel boards are fine, as much as it goes, but the BIOS is very limited as to configuration for different memory, and overclocking options. Intel really markets it's boards as mainstream items, intended for average users and businesses, they're not really aimed at the enthusiast.

The feature set can vary widely from board to board, and you should have a look at these pages to see which board has the capabilities you need;

Asus P-55; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...600008069 600008216&IsNodeId=1&name=Intel P55

Gigabyte P-55; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...600008069 600008216&IsNodeId=1&name=Intel P55

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-desktop-board-dp55wb-motherboard-for-gaming.157197/
Relevancy 30.1%

So yeah the new TechSpot laptop buying guide is superb thanks to it I found the Sager laptops which personally I love I hate the weird need (gaming) keyboard laptop, Buying backlit new looking ASUS or Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard Alienware laptops I want a nice chice looking laptop that would still look right in a professional envoirenment yet is a beast under the hood So I will probably go for the Sager NP with a Intel Core i - QM Processor GTX and Gb of DDR Mhz My Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard only problem with them is the lack of backlit keyboard and that s a big deal to me I am a computer tech I have replaced backlights in LCD s plenty of times so I know more or less the theory behind installing my own backlight and here s what I was thinking Part s Needed quot x quot EL Backlight Power Inverter for EL Strips SATA Power Extension Cable How to do it Hopefully the keyboard will by such as the one in the ASUS Eee as in this article Install Light Pad and then place power inverter in empty HD bay and connect the Power Inverter to the SATA power connector which I know supplies vdc Would that work Atleast theoretically nbsp

A:Buying new (gaming) laptop, need backlit keyboard

A 3 by 5 backlight would only cover about half of your keyboard, so if you go this route you might want to get two of them. Also there is a chance that the EL backlight will not fit behind the keyboard. If you are set on getting the laptop, I would do that before you buy all these parts for the backlight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-gaming-laptop-need-backlit-keyboard.155743/
Relevancy 30.96%

Gonna buy a new portable hard disk capacity 1 TB what all to check while buying it ?
I am buying from a reputed electronic store so i think its original no probs there, I also came to hear from a friend that they are offering a 5 year warranty on seagate drives.Is seagate good or any other brand ? Not gonna go for the one with power supply for the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-portable.155663/
Relevancy 30.53%

I want to buy a new LG LCD monitor what should i check while buying it.I am going for 19 inch & checked for compatability with my system is there anything else i should look for?

A:What to check while buying new monitor

resolution, brightness and contrast I suppose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-check-while-buying-new-monitor.154642/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello what do you think Is it good rig or bad Have (?1850) Buying PC new gaming better parts Better rig for same amount of money Approximate Purchase Date This Year if luck is right next to me Budget Range cca mimovrste Buying new gaming PC (?1850) com System Usage from Most to Least Important Gaming Rendering Video Buying new gaming PC (?1850) Editing Internet Music Editing etc Parts Not Required Required only case and inside parts Preferred Website s for Parts mimovrste com Country of Origin Slovenia Parts Preferences AMD ATI Overclocking Yes SLI or Crossfire Crossfire Monitor Resolution x Additional Comments Here is currently list Check it out Case Xigmatek Utgard Mesh Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel ohisje-xigmatek-utgard-brez-napajalnika Newegg or http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Review http www overclock d net reviews cases cooling xigmatek utgard review http www techpowerup com reviews Xigmatek Utgard http www bit-tech net hardware cases xigmatek-utgard-case-review http benchmarkreviews com index php option com content amp task view amp id Case cooling akasa Viper AK-FN mm x side Mimovrste x http www mimovrste com artikel ventilator-za-ohisje-akasa-viper-ak-fn - -mm Case cooling akasa AK- BL mm x bottom Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel ventilator-akasa-ak- bl- -mm Case cooling Xilence TR mm COO-XPF TR x top default mm removed Mimovrste x http www mimovrste com artikel ventilator-za-ohisje-xilence-tr- -mm-coo-xpf tr Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula AM Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel maticna-plosca-asus-crosshair-iv-formula-am Newegg or http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Review http www hexus net content item php item http www bit-tech net hardware motherboards asus-crosshair-iv-formula-mobo-review http www madshrimps be action getarticle amp articID http www techreaction net asus-crosshair-iv-formula- fx-performance-review http www hardwarecanucks com foru -iv-formula-am - fx-motherboard-review html http benchmarkreviews com index php option com content amp task view amp id amp Itemid CPU AMD Phenom II X T GHz AM Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel procesor-amd-phenom-ii-x - t- -ghz-am Newegg or http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Review http www bit-tech net hardware cpus amd-phenom-ii-x - t-black-edition http benchmarkreviews com index php option com content amp task view amp id amp Itemid http hothardware com Articles AMD-Phenom-II-X - Core-Processor-Review http www hexus net content item php item http www tweaktown com reviews black edition ghz six core cpu index html http www anandtech com show amds-sixcore-phenom-ii-x - t- t-reviewed CPU Cooling akasa Freedom Tower AK-CC Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel hladilnik-akasa-freedom-tower-ak-cc Review http www mods-n-clocks co uk p http www akasa com tw update php tpl product cpu product tpl amp model AK-CC http www hardwareheaven com reviews pg akasa-freedom-tower-cpu-cooler-introduction html CPU cooling fan akasa AK- -L B mm x default mm removed Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel ventilator-za-ohisje-akasa-ak- -l b- -mm CPU thermal paste akasa AK- - G Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel termalna-pasta-akasa-ak- - g RAM Corsair DDR x GB MHz TW X G C A x GB MHz Mimovrste x http www mimovrste com artikel m-corsair-ddr - -x- gb- -mhz-tw x g c a Newegg or x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU Corsair HX- W W Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel napajalnik-corsair-hx- w- -w Newegg or http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Review http www hardwaresecrets com article http www thinkcomputers org corsair-hx- w-modular-power-supply-review http www overclock d net reviews power supply corsair hx w w atx psu http techreport com articles x HDD Kingston SSDNow V GB SATAII SNV -S BD GB for OS softwares and games Mimovrste http www mimovrste com artikel ston-ssdnow-v- -gb-sataii-snv -s bd- gb Newegg or http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item ... Read more

A:Buying new gaming PC (€1850)

Everything looks pretty good. However, I feel that you could invest in a better video card like the Radeon HD 5870 instead of going with 8GB of RAM. 4GB should be good for now and you could add another 2 sticks later. You could also save some more cash by picking the X6 1055T instead of the BE.

Or stick with the current build and consider a second 5850 in the near future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-gaming-pc-%E2%82%AC1850.154268/
Relevancy 29.67%

how do u know if u have on board sound card on ibm

A:How do you now if you have on board sound card

The easiest recognition sign would be 3.5mm jack plugs on the rear panel of the motherboard.
http://www.dansdata.com/images/a7a266/sndconns400.jpg
3 (Green, blue, pink) is common on older boards, 4, 5 or more commonly 6 jacks for newer (and 5.1 +) sound codecs.
If you post some details of the system/board the forum will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-now-if-you-have-on-board-sound-card.152783/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello, I have recently decided to get a new graphics card for my HP Compaq Presario CQ5320Y. After opening it up I only see one PCI slot and 2 black slots that are unkown to me. I have done a little research and some sites say that there are PCI express slots but i am not sure which ones those are. Anyways after looking around, I decided on this card but am still not sure if its the best i should get, an suggestions? I am looking for a card for mostly gaming and am willing to spend up to $100 - $150 tops. This is the one I have decided on so far. Galaxy Technology 512 MB DDR3 GeForce GTS250 Graphics Card 25SFF6HX1RUI (sorry about no links unable to post links or images for now)

A:Deciding on buying new graphics card and need help with motherboard slots

The HP Compaq Presario CQ5320Y does have 1 PCI-E x16 slot and 1 PCI-E x1 slot. The best option for you would be to purchase an ATI Radeon HD 5770. It will give vastly superior performance compared to the GTS 250. However, for either card, your PSU will be insufficient. Presently your system has a 250W PSU. You will need one in excess of 400W with sufficient amperage on the 12V rails. The Corsair 400CX should be good enough but the 450VX is a safer bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deciding-on-buying-new-graphics-card-and-need-help-with-motherboard-slots.152761/
Relevancy 30.96%

I was going to try my st build Seems to be less of a hassle and a bit cheaper just to buy off the shelf these days I ll be spending more than I need I already know that but money isn t a problem and I want something that will last a long time Found a rig at Frys seems to be a beast and completely and easily upgradeable for the future http www frys com product detailed Any comments I ve been reading a little about usb don t know much about it will it be compatible with this system Probably going to add a tv card haven t looked into those yet Would like HD on my monitor if possible I know its probably overkill and more than I need I had an older computer that I ve upgraded though the years everything except the MoBo and CPU I figured this would be a great start I do some moderate gaming I play poker I have - programs running while playing multiple tables movies music business etc nbsp

A:Buying a new system

Something stands out to me straightaway:

PROCESSOR ? Intel® Core? i7-930 Processor
MEMORY ? 8GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM memory (4x2048MB for ultimate performance) (expandable to 24GB)
MEMORY SLOTS ? 6 DIMM (240-pin, DDR3) (two available)

I'm pretty sure this processor (and therefore the motherboard) utilise triple channel memory. You can't actually use triple channel with 4 sticks, it has to be in sets of 3. So its likely the first 3 are triple, and the final 4th one, is single channel (assuming it can work like that).

That fact its running like that would put me off alone - If that's acceptable, what else is been done to cut corners elsewhere....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-system.152593/
Relevancy 29.24%

Wondering if anyone has tried a non-Nocona, E-ATX dual Xeon board in the HAF 932. I'm talking one of the newer Dual-Xeon boards. I know I lose the single-CPU ATX back opening, but I'm more concerned about if it actually handles a dual-Xeon E-ATX board.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-haf-932-e-atx-dual-xeon-board-anyone-tried-it.152497/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am hearing that my PNY9800GT 512MB GDDR3 card is more powerful over card i am buying HIS ICE 5670 1GB GDDR5

The specs for the 5670 are about 30% more poweful than the 9800gt, so how it less powerful?
Just looking for a small upgrade over the 9800gt, which btw is working perfectly. Just wanted another card for my dual core thats all.

A:Buying a new card next week, question

Personally I would just keep the 9800GT, I don't think you'll see much, if any, performance difference. Wait until you can make a bigger jump to a faster card or CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-new-card-next-week-question.152356/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello guys

Hope everyone is well. Basically i started this topic to see what people thought about a new asus laptop that i am thinking about purchasing.

Here is a .pdf file with all of the specifications that it has.
http://pdf.buyitdirect.co.uk/LD-N61JQ-JX021V.pdf

I will be taking it overseas with me, and will be doing a bit of HD video editing and use of photoshop and just everyday internet browsing.

I just wanted to get some feedback on the graphics card, and whether or not it is suitable for what i need. It has 1gb of dedication, so i think that is pretty good. But i was worried about the screen resolution. Is that something i should worry about?

Kind Regards
Steve

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-asus-n61jq-jx021v.152422/
Relevancy 28.38%

I plan to upgrade my video card from geforce 9500GT to geforece GTS250.. my mother board model is gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P..

A:Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

Yes.
Powersupply? Just making sure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-geforce-gts250-compatible-with-a-ddr2-board-and-pcie-slot.152306/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello I am going to buy a new gaming pc late this month or early buying PC advice on Need gaming next month Below are my component options CPU amp MOBO - i msi p gd i gigabyte ga x a ud r i k msi p gd i system Need advice on buying gaming PC including ram will cost me more if the price of i drops later this month Will the performance be high enough to justify the higher price What about their overclocking Keep in mind that I wont upgrade my cpu for atleast years But Need advice on buying gaming PC I will upgrade gpu and may use sli or crossfire So the cpu must not cuse any bottleneck Plus x a ud r has dual x pci-e rails supports tri sli and xfire i k setup will cost almost the same as the i setup So which one is the best option RAM - I am a little bit confused about ram Which is more important speed or timing Which will perform better A mhz with sec timing or a mhz with sec timing If I choose lga setup I am thinking of buying gb kit for now and buy another one later Will gb of ram be too low for gaming And how does gb setup performs compaired to gb setup GPU - Here is my gpu options and their prices in India galaxy gtx mb stock - Rs zotac and palit gtx gb stock Rs radeon hd -Rs radeon hd - Rs gtx -Rs xbitlabs com review shows that gainword gtx factory oced to mhz gives minimum fps simmiler to hd Considering zotac gtx overclocks to mhz will it match the gainword in minimum fps And how easy or tough it is for a first time overclocker to overclock the zotac card And if I can find a gtx factory oc at the same price of which one should I go for Or should I buy a for now and wait for next gen card as none of current gen cards have enough juice to handle directx proprly PSU - corsair tx or hx hx costs more Does it has enough power to support gpus Are the extra pci e connectors worth any real use CASE - nzxt tempest evo Its cheaper than haf and has all the fans preloaded But does it has enough space for sli with a physx card setup HDD - seagate tb rpm OPTICAL - dvd writer SOUND CARD - ASUS xonar dx SPEAKER - Suggest me a speaker within Listning to music is my first priority KBM - Suggest me a wireless combo wihin Must provide comfortable gaming MONITOR - Suggest a incher with hdmi within Give your opinions and advices about my build Thanks nbsp

A:Need advice on buying gaming PC

Hi spac18. I assume you're from India. Just give us your maximum budget and we'll recommend the best possible combination of components for your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-buying-gaming-pc.150979/