Windows Support Forum

Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

Q: Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 18.49%

Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly,it usually freezes and it becomes impossible to watch the video.I use vlc player but it still doesn't work.pc processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz and RAM is 4.00GB(2.97GB useable), 32-bit OS,Windows 7 ultimate service pack 1.moreover,a hard drive of 24.4GB remains un-useable all the time.
so I need to know how can I solve this problem
do I need to add more RAM and get 64-bit OS?

A:Can't play 1080p HD video smoothly

Reset the router MTU to stop packet fragmentation.

usually in the section for the WAN side, you find the MTU setting defaulting to 1500.
reset it to 1492
save and reboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-1080p-hd-video-smoothly.216512/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

first I already wanna thank everybody who replies to this and try to help me. Yesterday morning I tried to download a sound driver that would make the Stereo Mix option available. It was not from the original website of Realtek or HP. It was from here: http://driveragent.com/c/archive/196a161c/Realtek-High-Definition-audio#summary. After I finished the installation and restarted my PC there was a red cross next to the sound icon and when I tried to open volumemixer it said 'No audio output device installed'. I tried to uninstall it with system restore. Than I also tried to install the latest sound drivers from the Realtek and HP site but both didn't work. Also I saw on another topic that maybe some services were stopped but that wasn't. Now I really don't know what to do. Hope someone can help me.

Tsjeuke

PC manufactrurer: HP
Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit

A:There is no output device (Realtek HD Audio)

Your PC manufacturer is HP but what is the model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-is-no-output-device-realtek-hd-audio.216620/
Relevancy 18.49%

FIXED The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough took it off and now its running HUH ZA If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know If you have a msi g check the damn backplate I bought a nividia off ebay and my mobo does not detect it It lights up but that is it I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first I get this message system card My video does my detect not with the install cd when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site My old radeon worked fine Old card MSI R GAMING G -Bit GDDR This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware GV-N G GAMING- GD nvidia requires and pin connector Mobo z pro asrock CPU k PSU watt ocz sxs What I have done so far Connected the Power Connectors x My system does not detect my video card -Pin x -Pin From my old card to the new card Im using my old power converters could that matter Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area Checked device manager no device Checked bios made sure pci-e x is the primary video card source Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode Reseated the card Googled a lot Im now going to reset the bios I heard I can also update the bios would that even matter am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-does-not-detect-my-video-card.216578/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, as the title suggests I've got a bit of a sound problem:

I wish to record some of my digital sound (e.g. my friends in Skype) using Audacity and stereo mix. However, using the built-in stereo mix record feature Audacity has, no sound is being recorded. So I checked out the stereo mix device under 'recording devices' in 'Sound' and found that it was not detecting any sound at all.

I'm not totally sure as to how all it's settings must be, but it's like this now:

Listen to: enabled
Playback through: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)

The device is set to be 'used' ofcourse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Marty

A:No sound coming through 'stereo mix' device

Go to Edit -> Preferences and to the 'Audio I/O' or 'Devices' tab, and make sure the the audio INPUT is set to the source you want to hear from, in this case, the pc sound card or such, apparently Windows 7 does not change the input device when you select the Stereo Mix function for some reason.

If that's not the case, maybe your sound driver isn't allowing the stereo mix to work, you can try the Control Panel configuring method, which you can find at the audacity website (i can't set up links yet, but go to wiki.audacityteam.org/ and add this: index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Control_Panel) [sorry for this, but it's for a good reason, i'm not a bot/spam ]
kind of a pain to read through and configure everything, but will fix the issue.

If you don't want any trouble at all, you can just plug you speaker in the PC's 'Line In' plug (the blue one), and set Audacity's Input device to "Line in" or such.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-through-stereo-mix-device.173670/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi,

Can someone give me an advice, I want to use the very high setting for GTA 5, but the video memory indicator indicates that I go overboard the 2GB of my GTX 750 TI, is that safe?.

BTW my resolution is 1366x768 only.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gta-5-video-memory-overboard.216484/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi All,
This is my first post here
So the issue I am facing is that I have a Dell Laptop with dual graphics card (Intel(R) 4400 integrated and AMD Radeon 8850m dedicated). The System would not detect any AMD driver installed on it. The device manager was showing only the Intel Graphics Card being installed .
Then I went on to uninstall the Catalyst Command Center from Control Panel, wherein I completely uninstalled the AMD Graphics driver and everything related to it.
Now, AMD is not at all being recognized by my system. Device manager doesnt show it even in hidden devices, DriverEasy scan doesnt read it, Even Dell System detect is failing to detect the AMD graphics Card.

How do I proceed ahead with this issue.

Have I somehow unmounted the hardware internally?
Is there anyway besides a factory reset to get this working again ( I have concerns with a factory reset also not helping me )
What system scan tools can I use to get my laptop to recognize the Device again?
Please Help
Thanks In Advance

A:AMD Radeon 8850m device is missing

Have you tried going to Dell support site and down loading the orginal drivers and software for your graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-8850m-device-is-missing.215797/
Relevancy 21.07%

I was updating my graphics card drivers for my graphic card PNY GEFORCE GTX 660 and went to device manager, I used ?automatically search for new driver? and a dialog box appeared "Windows has determined that the driver is up to date".
Yet, I went to Nvidia website and did a driver update. I checked again Device manager for my display adapter and the new driver was TWO MONTHS NEWER.
I wonder why that happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-device-manager-lying-to-me-about-the-last-driver-version-for-my-graphics-card.215610/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

I have been using the same set up for just over a year now and yesterday my monitor (which is just a TV with a HDMI port) stopped receiving signal.

I can boot up the pc and get the BIOS, which I can go into and see everything fine, as well as the windows loading icon but when it would normally go to the log in screen I get nothing.

I can however plug in an extra monitor (an actual Samsung monitor) with a VGA cable and it all works fine and on top of that if I connect the TV at the same time it works perfectly fine as a second monitor.

However if I try to turn off the VGA monitor and just use the HDMI TV then I get no video signal again.

No idea how to get my main TV monitor working again. Totally stumped.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Video Card: GeForce GT 620
MOBO: Asus Ranger VII
PSU: Corsair 500w
Monitor: Technika 22" HDMI + Samsung SyncMaster 2032 VGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-video-found-when-main-display.215571/
Relevancy 18.92%

My present video card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260. I really want to go up on my card, sticking with Nvidia chipset. My mother board is a Asus P5E3 Deluxe. Not sure how high I can go. The 260 wont accept Direct X11. Which rules out " Alien Isolation" and " Witcher The Wild Hunt ". Any help would be great.

A:Upgrade my video card

Forgot to note, board has an Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3 GHz 8192 RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-my-video-card.214801/
Relevancy 18.92%

Here are my specs Motherboard GIGABYTE G Sniper H CPU Intel Core i - K Devil s Canyon Processor GHz GT s Hard Drive Western Digital Blue WD EZEX Video card SAPPHIRE Vapor-X VXL RAM HyperX FURY GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Problem video output with Model HX C F x This is sort of a complicated issue I will try my best to guide you through what is happening I started with all of my devices connected including my video card and sound card When the HDMI was connected to the video card the motherboard logo would appear for a split second and disappear to be replaced with a black screen The black screen does not go away and the BIOS menus cannot be accessed I then tried removing the video and sound cards and connecting the HDMI directly to the motherboard Problem with video output The BIOS menu started up and I was able to install my OS and motherboard drivers There are no issues when the computer is RESTARTED but when it is shut down as it needs to be to install the video card sound card there is no video output at all Connecting HDMI to the video card gives the same issue as before I have been able to get video output by using the jumpers although this only works sometimes and I would really prefer not to need to do this every time I start my computer So far I have been able to install my sound hard with this method but the video card is tough Please help nbsp

A:Problem with video output

I should mention that the jumpers I mentioned are used only to reset the BIOS, I apologize for any confusion. Basically, resetting the BIOS allows for video output sometimes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-video-output.214716/
Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is poised to make quite a comeback if a leaked slide proves accurate. The slide in question details AMD's Zen core APU and Greenland HBM memory-powered graphics and arrives courtesy of Fudzilla.

Read more

A:Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

This chip looks amazing, and is certainly enough for AMD to make a huge comeback. I really hope this is true.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-amds-16-core-zen-processor-real-leaked-slide-provides-details-on-stout-chip.211380/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

I am looking into upgrading one of our conference rooms at work with something that can provide output to at least 2 HDTV and 1 projector, with the future of a 3rd hdtv.

I been out the loop for awhile with video cards, and wanted to know if anybody knows of a way this can be done with a possible video card that has 4 hdmi outputs? They will be (2) 55 inch hdtvs and a projector which should output its own resolution

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

A:Any video cards with 4 HDMI outputs?

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-video-cards-with-4-hdmi-outputs.172449/
Relevancy 46.44%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys I can t seem to get into my old account so created a new one So here is my issue that I hope someone has a solution Long ish story FYI I didn t realize until after I wrote everything but when I refer to crash I mean the entire system crashed Been playing games on my computer pretty regularly with no problems crashes on Aliens Isolations but that was it and irregular Enter the realease of GTA I buy it I upgrade my drivers to the new Nvidia im using a GTX I play it it crashes after Card Video be crashing Might a bit I get bored and play csgo it crashes after a little bit I have hours with no crash I rollback my drivers reinstall update Works for a while everything seems fine Come back today and play a different game that has given no problem It crashes I look at video card stuff another crash Video Card Might be crashing I completely remove all the drivers and reinstall them after restart do stress test another crash I have cleaned the inside of the computer but that has not fixed anything I have run whocrashed to read the system log but it only reads a crash log from yesterday although it is referencing a nvidia created crash So now I m here and I have absolutely no idea what to do if I can get any help I would be appreciative another random note tried to test it with gta again and the launcher said it was missing gta exe I looked and its gone for whatever reason have to reinstall I guess Not a huge deal just thought it may be worth noting Thank you guys for your time oh and system specs gb RAM MSI GTX Duel monitors i cpu asus z- mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-might-be-crashing.212021/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys. Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I would like to upgrade my video card and I'm not sure which card to choose. I have an HP Pavilion Elite m9452p. I'm not exactly sure what specs you need, so please let me know if you need more info.

processor model: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
memory: 8 GB
processor speed: 2.33 GHz
memory speed : PC2-6400
memory type: DDR2 SDRAM
video card: GeForce GTS 250
power suppy: Cooler Master 550w

Any info you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-upgrade.212008/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi so I bought a PC about months ago and I love it It so far has been basically able to handle anything I can throw at it Though keep in mind I haven t tried that many strenuous activity though Keep Is PC? my GTA for good enough Processor 5 in mind Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? I am asking this question because I know nothing about PC s I bought mine pre made just picked a good but affordable one a friend said was good My processor is a Intel Core i - hq GHz Cores Now to my question Being a huge GTA fan I of coarse want to pick up GTA on PC when its drops So I checked the recommended Systems Specs and I seem to meet every requirement but I was unsure about the Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? Processor This is the recommended processor for play GTA on Pc Intel Core i - GHz didn t talk about cores Below are two links The one to my computer I want to play this game on and a link to the required system specs for this game As I mentioned Mostly want to know if my processor can handle it but It would be a great help as well if you could just check my specs and the recommended specs and see if everything fits or passes these recommenced specs Sorry If I offened anyone with just downright dumb questions as I said big Computer novice Thank you for your help Reccomended Specs http www game-debate com games index php g id amp game Grand Theft Auto V My Specs http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC?

Check out the following website: Can you RUN It ; Follow the directions and it will tell you. Grand Theft Auto V is on the list of games to check your system against.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-processor-good-enough-for-gta-5-pc.211286/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a Shuttle-PC with an i5 processor and 16gb of memory. The system has two Planar 27 in. Monitors. I periodically (maybe three times a week) have the video go crazy (see photo) and the system locks up. The only way to get out of this is to reboot. Does anyone recognize the problem and have suggestions on what to do?

Thanks,
Mike

A:Video Displays Lock up

Take a look at inside your computer, is it dusty. Sounds like your video card is getting to hot. this can be caused by dust or even the thermal grease could dried out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-displays-lock-up.210907/
Relevancy 26.66%

Actually what happened is I opened my cpu to clean out any dust so I cleaned it and even cleaned under the processor with a dry cloth.but when I tried to turn on the pc when everything was arranged,a black screen with a paragraph of error is shown.turns off the pc automatically.
My motherboard is fine,it shows a green light in the extreme end.
My processor is working great.
Hard disk is also fine.
But still it is not turning onn. Please help.

A:Processor Problem

Did you happen to have disconnected the power cable from the computer and press and hold the power button to discharge any built up static charges before opening and cleaning inside the computer?
You mentioned you cleaned under your processor. Did you pull the processor from the motherboard or was it still attached when cleaning?
Did you re-check ALL wires and connections? Try disconnecting all cables (to motherboard, hard drive, optical drive, video card, etc.) and then re-connecting said cables, making sure they are firmly seated.
Any chance you can take a photo of the error message and post it here?
May I suggest next time do not use a dry cloth, because you can actually build up static charge within the cloth itself and you could have discharged the built up static electricity into (or onto) one of the computer components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-problem.210948/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

A:No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.188878/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an Emachines D525 laptop. I have the specs listed below. I need help because feel that it could run faster if it was given a better processor to run on. I would like to know what processors I could upgrade to. Thank you!

Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 900 @2.20 GHZ, 2194 Mhz
RAM: 3.00 GB
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.16

Anything else needed, please let me know!

A:Emachines D525 processor upgrade

You can change your hd for ssd at least 100 GB . Buy a case for external HD, and use the original hd of her machine, as the same external hd . replace the memory of 1 GB for a 2 GB . Your D525 will be very fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-d525-processor-upgrade.167686/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,
I want to learn how to manage ARM processor power management with LINUX (for example the Cortex-A53 MP Core).
Can someone recommend literature, a tutorial or web based information?
Thank you in advance
Manfred

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/arm-processor-power-management-with-linux.210897/
Relevancy 18.92%

Is there any way to increase the amount of RAM dedicated to graphics on a dell inspiron n5010 laptop?
My specs are as follows:

cpu: intel quad-core i3 processor
ram: 4 Gb dual channel
gpu: intel hd graphics (intergrated)
current dedicated graphics memory: 64Mb

I am not afraid to use aftermarket tools like hacked bios etc?

please help!

A:Insufficient video RAM

I don't think so. Laptops are not gaming systems and GPU memory is nill, using shared system ram instead. For 90% of the populations, GPU ram is a non-issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/insufficient-video-ram.210646/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 which has a 2.0 dual processor with 4gb of ddr2 ram. I have windows xp installed and I have a video card that has 1024 mb of ram. I am unsure of the brand of video card or further specs. I bought it off of ebay some time ago.

My problem is that when I try to play streaming video it wants to freeze a lot. I have already given more space for the virtual memory on my computer: I think 4 to 8 gb and I have set my hardware acceleration way down but these changes haven't helped.

I can download and play movies fine, I only seem to have problems when playing streaming video like from hulu.com or letmewatchthis.com which directs you to sites like: putlocker, deditv, sockshare, loomba, etc. I have used other computers and they don't seem to have as much problems with this so I hope that somebody knows what I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Freezing problems with streaming video

When you say freezing, do you mean just the video freezes, or the whole system? If its just the video, it could have something to do with your internet connection. Is the computer on wired internet or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-problems-with-streaming-video.164671/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, Could anyone tell me any ideas on trying to get my usb device to work again. Not recognizing on my computer. Went into device managers and can see unknown device. I have tried uninstalled it and pluged it back in but all it says is successful installed unknown device. The computer doesnt even know what it is. Is it possible to try and install a driver for it and tell it that its a usb device?

Thank you
Mitch

A:Sandisk Cruzer unknown device

Sometimes the drives just die. This shouldn't be a driver issue, do other flash drives work in the computer? Have you tried this drive in a different computer?

You could open up disk management and see if you can delete the partition and create a new one, or simply format the existing one as NTFS or exfat. WARNING: Doing this will cause you to lose any data you may have on the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisk-cruzer-unknown-device.209278/
Relevancy 47.3%

If I currently get an average of 20mbps using a linksys n router with comcast as my ISP. If I upgrade to an ac router, and assuming I have ac compatible devices, will I get any significant increase in wifi speed? I wasn't sure if I need to get a faster internet tier from Comcast or not. AC routers promise much faster speeds (400mbps) but comcast says they provide me with 25 tops. Can I just upgrade my router or do I have to pay more to comcast?

A:Will 802.11ac router increase download speed?

If 25mbps is all that comcast is providing, u are doing all u can expect if u are receiving 20 u are doing all u can expect with that plan. changing u'r router is not going to help in the least.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-802-11ac-router-increase-download-speed.209175/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there I ve been having issues with my PC lately and have been looking for a place to ask them I hope you guys don t mind Firstly my PC is awfully slow It isn t very noticeable until I play a flash game or something similar Instead of running like it should the speed is decreased dramatically - levels which take one minute to go through take me at least three Now I ve always known that my PC is slow but after seeing that it s that bad I ve decided to make an upgrade I ve tried to keep track of different components and the worst one appears to be my CPU At standby it processor? better need Do I a usually runs at around - and when I launch a browser audio editing software or a game Minecraft in my example it immediately Do I need a better processor? jumps to I m forced to keep my setting to a minimum for it to function The CPU I have is an Intel Do I need a better processor? Pentium GHz chip with GB of RAM usually at Do I need a better processor? around - even when busy I have GB of free hard drive space Also for two years now in the winter months my PC randomly freezes and crashes when running a high-demand program for a while I ve always shrugged it off to overheating my PC is right next to a radiator but now I m really starting to worry about permanent damage I really want to get this solved quickly if possible and would really appreciate any advice you can give So does my CPU need upgrading Or is it possibly my GPU My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD series and I believe it s dedicated though I m not exactly sure By all standards it seems to be good enough at least so I m blaming the CPU for now Am I correct Thank you in advance for any help -Mike nbsp

A:Do I need a better processor?

I think you are jumping the gun on this. You've mentioned the fact that the PC is next to a radiator so you need to put that right. Secondly, like a car, a computer requires some maintenance. You need to keep the inside of the tower clean using something like an air duster can. The hard drive needs to be defragged occasionally unless it's SSD. Do you run the Windows Clean up utility to reclaim wasted space? Programs starting up with Windows that you aren't using cause a further drain on resources. A free utility that can be downloaded called CCleaner makes it easy to check that out. As the hard drive fills up things slow down so are there programs you can uninstall or stuff you can save elsewhere? See if things run better after you've followed up these suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-better-processor.208009/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi my name is Rafael of Brazil, rode a computer gamer very good, the settings I put down. My CPU is theoretically very good, but I can not play with it, the cooler that comes with the processor does not maintains the temperature when the BF 4 game with full graphics of 50 fps, but a few minutes later he shuts down and restarts in the middle of the game I think the manufacturing cooler's fault, because he goes from 100 degrees (HWMonitor), I will put an exhaust fan and I'm thinking about changing the cooler, am among the Hyper 212 EVO and H60. What would be better to cool off without the need for overclocking.

A:A10 6800k processor with factory cooler. Hyper 212 or H60

I would like someone to help me, which of these coolers is better. Hyper 212 EVO or H60?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a10-6800k-processor-with-factory-cooler-hyper-212-or-h60.207197/
Relevancy 18.92%

My computer has an MSI Iona motherboard with an Intel Core 7 860 processor and 8 Mb RAM. It also has a NVidia GT230 video card which I would like to replace. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Upgrading my video card

It appears that you have a PCI Expres x16 (2.0) slot, so any PCI-E graphics card will work. Check out this "best GPU for the money" article at Toms for suggestions at different price points. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-video-card.207814/
Relevancy 21.07%

I've a External HDD( Western Digital company-500GB) which was working properly last night but today it's not working. when I connect the EXt. HDD to my laptop usb port then it's got power but not shows in my computer.
when I go to device management it shows a window (you need to initialize before logical disk management can access it.) but when I go to initialize the HDD then show it "the media write protected". I cann't initialize the HDD and cann't access the HDD.

Someone help me to recover my old DATA from this Ext. HDD.

Thanks for advance.

A:External HDD not recognize my laptop & cann't initialize it from Device manegment

Hello Rajib Sarker,
The first important thing to note here is that if you initialize your HDD you will lose all the information that was stored on it. Sometimes portable external HDDs can behave like that if they are not getting enough power. It would be a good idea to try and connect your HDD using a different USB cable, preferably a short one. Another thing you can try is connecting your HDD to different USB ports and to a different computer. You can also run WD DLG diagnostics tool to test the HDD http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=GTBpZQ .
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-not-recognize-my-laptop-cannt-initialize-it-from-device-manegment.207752/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello! I want to buy a Geforce Gtx 980 4GB gddr5 for my pc but I dont know if my motherboard can support it, how can I tell? my mother board is B85-G41 PC mate>, My procesor is i7 4770 3.40GHz. RAM is 16GB 1600MHz and PSU is 500W.

A:Video Card Support

From the information you provided, yes the GeForce GTX 980 will work very well with your MSI B85-G41 motherboard. You may want to keep an eye on your PSU though. 500W is the minimum system power requirement (according to the Nvidia website) to run the GeFore GTX 980. If you Overclock the GPU, it may run into some issues with the draw power coming from the PSU, and could cause it to go into an overload.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-support.207732/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello someone know if the I7 3820 is working with a graphic card pci-express3.0?

A:Processor compatibility

Check your motherboard specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-compatibility.207381/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am running a Windows 7 x64 machine with an Asus motherboard, AMD FX-8350 Eight-core processor, Radeon HD6450 graphics card, 11 GB ram with two monitors. The problem is audio & video are constantly starting & stopping (very choppy). I have updated my os, flash, java and shockwave. All my browsers are up to date. It doesn't matter if I try to play something in a browser or something I have on my computer using windows media player or vlc... everything is choppy. It is constant & is driving me to drink... Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Audio & Video choppy during playback

Once check your laptop or desktop chipset drivers are working fine or not, its effects the other related devices functioning. update or install the latest chipset drivers and video and audio drivers which are compatible with your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-video-choppy-during-playback.207417/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello All please help not computer literate- just basic hope Nvidia GT635 GeForce card video I have posted in the right place if I have not then any guidance to the correct area will be most appreciated Can someone please advise from the Nvidia GeForce GT video card - can Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card I use an hdmi cable and connect to a Samsung lcd TV Samsung quot p Hz LED HD TV Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card UN F I intend to buy this TV currently didn t as I m not aware if it will work once I have the correct advice only then can I proceed to buy im using windows my system specs are as follows Orchid Motherboard orchid s Manufacturer MSI Form factor uATX - cm in x cm in Chipset AMD A FCH Memory sockets x DDR Processor socket FM Expansion Slots One PCI Express x Gen Three PCI Express x Gen One PCI Express mini card Processor AMD A TDP W Operating speed Up to GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM Memory GB Amount GB Speed PC - MB s Type DDR - Video graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT Figure Video card kindly see attachment Images of video card and Ports also see Image of video card bracket showing ports - HDMI - DVI Form Factor Low profile PCB with ATX bracket Dimensions cm x cm in x in Maximum resolution DVI dual-link resolution x x bpp at Hz HDMI resolution x Analog VGA resolution with adapter x x bpp at Hz NOTE Not all ports support the highest resolutions GB onboard memory Memory interface -bit DDR Total power consumption W max Supports Blu-ray Supports HDCP Supports up to two displays at the same time nbsp

A:Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card

It says "HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080". Which is a common port you would connect to a TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt635-video-card.207398/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey , I am not good at computers
plz help me to choose the best and cheap graphic card for my computer
the details of my computer are:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PAWAN-PC
System Manufacturer WIPRO
System Model MS-7267
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz, 2792 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.21B6, 9/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name pawan-PC\pawan
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 211 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 921 MB
Page File Space 1.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:What's the best and cheap video card for my computer?

I don't think that GPU will make any difference in your 'rig'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-and-cheap-video-card-for-my-computer.207332/
Relevancy 18.06%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi Guys

I have a Dell latitude ES5500 which is a recon model
It works fine and on start up I hear the fan going. (so I don't think this is the problem)
All of the airways are clear.
When the laptop first arrived I could get 4-5 mins of video or game time before it shut off, it is now down to virtually straight away.
The laptop does not feel hot to touch either and when turned back on will perform any other function ie e mails word processing database and excel etc without a problem.
I can go on facebook and read post search the internet with no problems but as soon as I try to run a video or play a game it drops straight out.
I have to hold the button down to shut the laptop off and then it will restart with no bother.
This is fairly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ solutions to this?

A:Laptop keeps turning off when playing video's or games

It's worth installing HWMonitor or SpeedFan to check temperatures when you are playing video. My laptop fan doesn't kick in until the GPU temperature gets to 60c and it then drops rapidly to about 50c whereas your fan is working from start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-turning-off-when-playing-videos-or-games.207231/
Relevancy 21.93%

My Asus DRW 24B1ST CD/DVD-Rom device works in Dos (bootCD works no problems), and is recognized by my WinXP Device Manager and listed as working properly. But when I try to run or view a disk from My Computer, all I get is a blank window. The window has the correct partition/drive identity, so I know it's pointing to the device, but it just won't interact with the disk.

The same device was working fine in a previous WinXP installation on the same computer, but when I installed another WinXP sp2 (I had lost access to the original installation) I had a few glitches and this is the remaining one that needs to be fixed.

BTW, I can bootup from a bootCD and run a miniXP and have no problem with the CD/DVD-ROM device, so the issue must be with the current WinXP installation.

Any suggestions for repairing this problem?

A:CD-ROM device won't open or run disk

Wow very interesting. Yo had mentioned it will boot to disc, have you tried while in safe mode. So if you restart computer and utilize the function f8 button go to safe mode with networking check to see if it works in there. If it does then I assume it is driver related issue. Of course in safe mode it loads minimum drivers to have a functioning safe environment. Even though windows recognizes it in device manager does not mean it has a working driver. I would even go as far as uninstalling the driver and reinstalling one from the manufactures website. You could first try uninstalling the driver then rebooting the computer then letting windows reinstalling the driver upon boot up to see if that fixes it first. Hope this helps let me know what you find.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-device-wont-open-or-run-disk.206972/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need a computer that can handle video editing, mainly Final Cut Pro and Adobe Suite. Right now I have a 5-year-old MacBook Pro that can't manage FCP let alone run any programs smoothly and quickly. I can't afford a MacPro, so I've been considering iMacs. What's my cheapest option that will get the job done? I've heard you can buy PCs and install Mac OS. Would that be my best option? (Having PC capabilities would be awesome, for light gaming). I want to save money but I don't want to buy anything that isn't equipped to handle video editing well (cause then I'm just wasting money). I want to stick with Mac OS, but I don't care about the design or whatever, so I'd happily get a PC and put Mac on it, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. So if you have any suggestions or advice, please let me know! Thanks!!

A:Buying new computer/OS for video editing

What is your budget (how much can you spend) for this new computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-computer-os-for-video-editing.207058/
Relevancy 18.92%

Windows 7 64 bit
Ram 8 gig ddr3
CPU amd phenom quad 3.2 ghz phenom 2
3 tb 7200 rpm HD
Current GPU nvidia 275 GTX
Res 1080x1900
PSU 600 WATT

Whats the best video card I can get for around $200? I saw this card 20% off. I dont care about any game bundles just the best card for $200. I want it for gaming any and all games lol. But I currently play chivalry mideival warfare. I also am going to try out alien isolation and shadows of mordor.

USA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202047

Can I get a list of video cards based on performance?

Heres another one, which is better?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133492

Upon looking at bench chart this one looks the best
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127789

P.S. I have a huge case

Or hell maybe spend 289$ or so? The 780 seems pretty good for around that price, double the cuda cores.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133525&cm_re=gtx_780-_-14-133-525-_-Product

A:Best video card for around $200

The R9 280 is going to be your best value for a $200 buck video card right now especially that version you have listed there.

It depends, you can always keep going up on value and seeing what is better in that area but it still comes down to what your willing to pay. If you are looking at that 780, why not instead get a GTX 970 because its cheaper and better depending on the variant you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-video-card-for-around-200.206078/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need help Okay so I hooked up all my parts last night with issue 560ti Crosshair and Video V Asus GPU to my ASUS Crosshair Formula V mobo and Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU when I boot it will not show any video whatsoever No beeps no video no nothing I have a ti in there right now because I wanted to test it before my new came in that I ordered yesterday Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU just wanted to see if the mobo was functional and all my other components were working Does anyone know why I would be getting no video I was thinking maybe I need to reset Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU the CMOS Some people told me to check the BIOS but how do I do that if I have zero video on my screen Any help would be great as I am at wit s end with this stupid computer it has not run right since I moved and it is extremely frustrating putting all this time and money into this thing with no results I used to have a Corsair Liquid CPU cooler but the pump died and I finally got fed up with Liquid Coolers and went with a Noctua heat sink instead Going to do some more testing after work but was hoping to get some tips from you guys I have other ti s I can test to see if that card is just dead but it was like midnight and just decided to give up for the night last night Also My motherboard doesn t have an on-board video port I don t believe I see none at least My PC was up and running with drivers loaded for this exact card before it went down the computer has just been sitting there for months I am using the same hard drive only thing that has changed is the Noctua cpu cooler being in place of the now dead Corsair H All the fans are running the video card fan is running the psu fan is running so it seems like everything is getting power Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need more info please let me know nbsp

A:Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Let's do this one step at a time, first no part of any computer lasts for ever. U said u had 2 other video cards, first, see if either one of them will work. If that does not work, it could be the slot in the mother board, try an other X16 slot. but honestly to me it sounds like the mother board is not working if u have a speaker plugged into it and assuming the speaker is working because normally there would be beeps if the motherboard is not sending a video signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issue-with-asus-crosshair-v-and-560ti-gpu.206575/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey guys, building a new PC, and I decided not to go too cheap with core components and leave the video card until later, while still getting everything in one go. Now this being the case, I will need to run non-dedicated graphics for a while (which are decent nowadays). Anyway, I want to go with the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Motherboard and an AMD A10-6800K Richland CPU,

Will the video outputs on the motherboard work with the APU and will I be able to use integrated video until I get a dedicated video card?

The Newegg page for the motherboard says "Integrated Video: None", so I am a little bit confused, is there no integrated video chipset because that's what the CPU is now being an APU?

A:AMD A10-6800K with what motherboard for integrated video?

I just built a home office build system for my parents using that exact board with an A4-6300 Richland in a Cooler Master HAF 912 (I really like this case for microATX boards). The board was great to work with and since the APU is on the chip itself my folks didn't need to purchase a video card.

So to answer your question: Yes you'll get your video.

* I would seriously consider getting an aftermarket cooler to replace the heatsink that comes with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-with-what-motherboard-for-integrated-video.205551/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei Mobile Broadband E303 and I've been having this problem for 6-7 days now Ples halp
It was working perfectly fine before but now the speed wont go past 60-70kbps.
My current operating system is windows 7 ( V 6.1.7601 )

I've tried using it on other laptops with windows 7/xp/vista as their operating systems still the same problem except for my brothers laptop which runs on windows 8. and dont tell me that this Thing wont work because its not compatible with my operating system, because I've been using it for over a year without an issue.

My ipconfig shows:
Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7450:69bc:7a3e:fee8%57
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.137
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.138
And when I try to do nslookup:
C:\Windows\system32>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

The default server shouldn't be that thing. please help. Nor the address

Edit: I've tried Uninstalling the Program which came with the USB.
I've tried calling my ISP, with no problems on their end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-computer-seems-to-be-correctly-configured-but-the-device-or-resource-dns-server-not-respondin.206332/
Relevancy 26.66%

Which 1 is better -
1)Exynos 5260 ; Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 & dual-core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 with 2 GB RAM
OR
2)Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 ; Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A7 with 1.5GB RAM??

A:Smartphone processor comparison

Definitely the Exynos 5260, no question about it! It is really a 6 core CPU since it uses the 4 Cortex A7 CPUs to process regular loads and it taps into the 2 A15 CPUs when it needs extra power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-processor-comparison.205273/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am thinking about purchasing this motherboard,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/422559/FM2A88X_Extreme6_FM2-FM2_A88X_ATX_AMD_Motherboard

But I am not sure how to tell if a video card is compatible.

Here is the card I want,
http://www.microcenter.com/product/...adeon_R7-260X_2GB_GDDR5_PCIe_30x26_Video_Card

I realize the PCIe 3.0 will fit to the motherboard, but I do not know if it will be compatible.

I do not understand the difference betweeen DDR3, DDR5 and GDDR5.

Thanks for help!

A:What video cards will support this?

Yes, those two items will be compatible with each other.

DDR3 & DDR5 are VRAM types and GDDR5 is a motherboard RAM identification.

For the future, you can go >>here<< and all your parts to see if there will be any issues with compatibility.

But keep in mind that there can be other compatibility issues such as the graphics card being too long to fit in the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-cards-will-support-this.204230/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello guys,

I am new here in techspot. I hove you can help me guys. When I open my laptop and run dxdiag processor appears but when I start to use my laptop become very slow. sample screenshot. thnaks.

A:Processor goes to n/a

1. Does your laptop feel hot when it starts to become very slow?
2. Did you update your AV, Malwarebytes then do a full scan?
3. if you have done all that and nothing is found next is update all your drivers & windows

If after all those 3 it still becomes slow just post back with results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-goes-to-n-a.204376/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I didn't know where to post this
my internet speed been groin crazy
its goes fine then at some point all the speed drop the lights flickers
only in wifi tho
I called my ISP they said it the signals from the wireless phone
called my friend he says its signals from other routers * I live in a building around 16 ap 4 per floor*
both said to connect via either
a lot of my usage is by phone so I use wifi
any one have any solution for it ?

A:Internet speed

Eliminate the possibilities.

Turn off the wifi, connect to router via cable only. Is it still slowing down? If yes, it's something related to wireless. Then continue troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed.204286/
Relevancy 18.92%

As weird as this sounds, I was recording a video of the Blue Angels practicing using my smart phone & recording it by holding my smartphone "still" focused on my tower monitor. Once it was over, I clicked the video button to stop recording but it kept recording. I pushed it a few more times but it kept recording so I pushed the button to go to the desktop & it went to the desktop. After that I tried a few times to play it but it won't.
I saved it to My Documents & tried playing it there but it still won't.
I have recorded other videos same way & they've played fine. Any ideas? I even tried to change the properties from .MOV to VLC but still nothing I don't know if I can upload it here, but will try if need be.

A:Video won't play

This is absolutely insane. Why can I see the video on the flashdrive & in the foldrer(s) its in, but when I try to upload it here, its invisible? Yes, invisible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-wont-play.204223/
Relevancy 18.92%

AS I mentioned in this thread ,
why is it I can see the .MOV video on the flashdrive by going directly to it on the flashdrive but when I try to upload it in here, it is simply not there , its invisible. I tried to upload a video but couldn't find it & yes, I was looking in the correct location. Confused & puzzled.

A:Video mystery

Because .MOVs are not supported it will not show up in the browse file window. To get around this use a program such as WinRAR (or something similar) to zip up the file and upload the .zip file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-mystery.204242/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey all! I've been facing this problem for quite a long time even after upgrading my RAM. The problem is that on specific sites like Facebook, Dailymotion, etc, the audio playback is quite fine but the video playback is slow, laggy, choppy etc. Is it my computer's problem? Well, my graphics is quite low. By quite low, I mean only 32MB. I don't face this problem on Youtube and players like JW players(I guess) which is used in some sites.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Amal

A:Slow video playback on specific sites

Yeah it's probably you GPU, try viewing the videos in lower quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-video-playback-on-specific-sites.203738/
Relevancy 22.36%

"No Audio Device" is the message I get when I try to adjust the volume from my "Start" button. I have an old Dell-Optiplex270 running Windows XP with an external speaker unit. I have "RealTech Audio Device" and VLC" Media Player. I read where I need to download "SoundMAX". Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device.204166/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have headphones through onboard audio set as the default playback device.

I have HDMI set to listen stereo mix (onboard) under recording devices so that I can get duplicate audio on my headphones and TV.

Windows 7 likes to set as HMDI audio as the default playback device when I am not looking (assumedly shortly after rebooting, but not quite sure when). And then I get no sound from my headphones because the programs are all playing on HDMI.

Is there way I can fix this?

A:HDMI hijacks default playback device

Hmm; I think HDMI is mutually exclusive to pc { speakers & headphones }. If the HDMI senses a signal to the tv, then the others go off.

right-click on the speaker icon in the tray and view/set the playback devices

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-hijacks-default-playback-device.204095/
Relevancy 25.8%

HI Will this processor fit a
Biostar TA970 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard.Have now find out it dosent so disregard.

A:AMD phenom 9650 quad core processor 2.30ghz

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=623#cpu

You mean the Phenom 965BE 3.4ghz quad core? If so that's an AM3 cpu and it shows support for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-9650-quad-core-processor-2-30ghz.203920/
Relevancy 18.49%

The video is 1 min and 14 sec, yet only the couple first seconds is enough to understand the problem. what could be the problem for?

as you can see, half of the screen display colors correctly, the other half, the colors and texts and smudged, they are there but smudged and not applicable to read or view

A:LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

Can you still RMA it, or did you do something that is not covered by the warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-g2-ips-display-weird-problem-video-for-explanation.203474/
Relevancy 18.92%

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: GA-MA790XT-UD4P
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (ddr3)
Video card nvidia 275 gtx
PSU 600 watt
1920x1080 res
pc I e slot x16 (not the super new one)

So yeah I am thinking about getting a better video card for 200$ or less or more, less would be much better. I can sell my old card on ebay for around 70$. How much better would a new card be etc, suggestions? AMAZING deals ?

A:Considering buying a new video card $200

Since your in America, I can suggest to you a good deal I keep seeing floating around.

MSI Gaming R9 280

That would be a 1080p beast for that money and it comes with 3 free games, its one of the higher overclocked models as well of the R9 280.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-buying-a-new-video-card-200.203519/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I built a PC, and while playing some games, mainly action games like crysis, saints row 4, bioshock infinite and far cry 3, after about five minutes of game play the screen will stutter, then the audio will keep playing over a black screen. It doesn't happen in other games like Xcom or starcraft, and I really want to fix this issue so any advise is more than welcome.

Specs: Z87 Asus Pro Motherboard
GTX 760 GPU
Corsiar 850 watt powe
r 2X 4 gig sticks of Coarsiar ram
black caviar western digital hard drive
124 gig samsung SSD

A:Games are losing video

(I don't own any of the games you mentioned.)

for troubleshooting purposes:
1. since this is an NVidia card, try to update driver package to 337.88 (or latest).
do normal installation of NVidia driver pack or clean installation if you want it.
GeForce experience (part of NVidia driver pack) can also download automatically any game profile for supported games.

2. launch one game at a time and select lower resolution, less game details. if the problem disappears, then the game details is set too high that the video card cannot cope up. if the problem is still there, then troubleshooting continues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-are-losing-video.203446/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I have a problem when I turn on my laptop I get a no bootable device, hit any key prompt. There are no options in the boot manager. I am able to get into the BIOS by pressing the f2 key I think but I really have no idea what to do from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

A:Packard Bell Easynote TE No bootable device

Sounds as though your hard drive has went bad.. Once you get into bios see if it is reporting your hard drive. If not the its rather safe to say . Your hard drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-easynote-te-no-bootable-device.203273/
Relevancy 18.92%

Actually I am short of budget !!!!
kindly suggest me video cards from the links and anyother best card in the range of U.S 100$
http://www.gigabyte.ru/products/page/vga/gv-n640oc-2gi/
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-763.shtml
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-765.shtml
http://inno3d.com/product/gtx650_green.html
http://www.gigabyte.pk/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4673#ov

plzz suggest me

A:I want to buy video card

EVGA 01G-P4-2751-KR GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card 109.99$, 99.99$ after 10$ rebate, newegg price

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-buy-video-card.203286/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,

I'm really struggling here. I've just purchased some Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Pro Series Red DDR3 Memory with the Specs CAS 12-13-13-35, 1.65V at 2666MHz. I got 2 sets (2x4GB per set, 16GB overall, all 4 slots are occupied). When I choose the XMP profile, the computer fails to post, it resets and then tells me "overclock failed". To get it to boot I set the speed to 2133MHz and it is now stable.

MoBo is an Asus Maximus Vi Hero (Z87) and a Haswell Core i7 4770K with a H60 closed loop on it.
Power supply is a Corsair AX750.

My question is, why can I not hit the advertised speed of 2666MHz? Do I need to send more voltage through them?

Thanks for your help in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-xmp-profiles-fail-to-reach-targeted-speed.203152/
Relevancy 26.23%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok, so I just recently upgraded to a Cat6 cord, I needed a longer cord and the only ones being sold where the Cat6 so I had to get it. Before I installed it, I had a Cat5E, my speed listing was about 3.8mbps give or take.. yeah crappy verizon DSL. But after hooking up the Cat6, I'm now getting about 1.2mbps. I'm rather confused on this, cause from what I read and what I know, that shouldn't cause my speed to dive bomb. And I know it's dive bombed even without the speed test, cause everythings slowed down, loading webpages, gaming, it's all miserably slow. So, I'm at a loss, did I somehow install it wrong? Did I not appease some Tech god before doing it right? Or, perhaps a faulty line?

A:New Cat6 cord, killed internet speed

Temporarily use the 5e cable again? See if it goes back to previous speed.

My guess would be this should not happen. The cable I would think is sort of a go or no go situation, meaning it works or it doesn't. I'm sure you can have cables with some 'damage' that work but at reduced capacity, but 5e and 6 should be capable of doing 1000Mbps, so when you are talking about a decline from 3.8 to 1.2 that is minuscule compared to what the cable should be capable of, so I really doubt the cable is at fault. Just a weird coincidence based on the information you've given us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cat6-cord-killed-internet-speed.202836/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a HDTV consisting of a GA-P55A-UD7 and an Intel I7 processor and W7x64. It is hooked up to a Panasonic P50V10 plasma TV via HDMI. Over the last several months, I have gone through THREE video cards. The last one lasted only three days. I doubt my luck can be that bad regarding video cards so it must be something else. I have never heard of a monitor blowing video cards via an HDMI interface but anything is possible I guess. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-video-card-failure.202803/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all. I just bought a graphics card that needs 350 watts and +12v with 20 amps to run. My power supply has to following output:

+5V 22A MAx -12V 1A max
+5V (FP) 2A Max +3.3V 17A max
+12VA 18A max +12VB 18A max

combined power on +12VA and +12VB rails must not exceed 360 watts

Total combined power must not exceed 375 watts

Can it run the card?
Thanks all.

A:Can my power supply run my new video card?

Hi, could you please post a little more detail.
Instead of saying graphics card, it would help if you said the actual graphics card.
Instead of power supply, you could say what power supply you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-power-supply-run-my-new-video-card.202504/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello guys.Im new around here.I have a problem.I was having a problem with my computer,saying I have no video input.Somebody came to my place,and unplugging a little fan.But the computer was working fine,with exception that was heating very fast and temperature of CPU was 70-80.I opened one side of case and was fine.Today I was cleaning pc and I connected back that fan and unplug it fast.After I did that,monitor was saying no video input.

I really dont want to call back to the service cause I was there 3 times and they are not serious.I just wanna make it fast and clean.

Thanks for the attention and sorry for my english!

A:No video input

Unless somebody else says differently, I'd plug that fan back in & try it. If it works, fine, if not,post back. Either way, don't let that "friend" touch your pc again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-input.202173/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, my relatively new "HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC" has been having crippling lag while playing video games. The lag slows the computer down to about 0.2-0.5 frames per second, and slows the audio down to match the video speed (which produces a grinding sound). This lag happens every 10-45 seconds depending on how long the computer has been running. Some help would be appreciated.

A:Grinding audio/video lag during video games (CPU related?)

What antivirus program are you using? Is the notebook fully updated using Windows Update? Are you running Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grinding-audio-video-lag-during-video-games-cpu-related.201939/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just bought a

Amd A6 6400k apu

ecs a55f2-m4 motherboard

kingston hyperx 4gb 1600 ram

and I installed all drivers but even when I try to open solitaire it says no suitable graphics device found.

A:No suitable graphics device found

Which graphics driver and version did you install?

AMD Catalyst 14.4

32-bit Catalyst Software Suite
64-bit Catalyst Software Suite

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-suitable-graphics-device-found.202170/
Relevancy 18.49%

Is my motherboard compatible with and does it have enough power watts it compatible my Card have power new to & enough with run Is mob Video to run new video card My specs More details about my computer Component Details Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model H M-UD H Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce LE Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Secondary monitor resolution x Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Video Card Information Network Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS New Video card info Nvidia G-Force Video Px Video card UPC- Mb PCIExpress X Dual Monitor Support My power supply is watts and on my motherboard now there is only sticks of GB ram Patriot Viper Extreme and nothing else in any of the expansion slots I looked online but cannot get a straight answer Can my motherboard run this card with no issues Thanks I am shine nbsp

A:Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

No one can say if it will run with no issues, just because there could be any number of complications that could pop up. If you asking will it work with your current system, then yes it will run on your current system with the PSU. I would advise that you uninstall the video drivers (and software) for the current card, changing out to the new card. This will create less of a head ache for you in the end.
I would also suggest trying to find another 2GB ram stick because your motherboard is a Dual Channel motherboard and the computer will run better if you have 4 sticks of ram instead of 3. Its not going to hurt your computer by having 3 sticks of ram versus 4, but you will get better overall performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mob-compatible-with-new-video-card-have-enough-power-to-run-it.202004/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello, everybody. Sorry if this is the wrong category.

I've got a relatively new HP Envy 4-1035TX Ultrabook Laptop and I've had this problem lately: while playing a YouTube video or a song from my iTunes library, it keeps slurring and crackling. The problem is very sporadic: sometimes it will not slur at all, but other times it will once every 10 seconds. Playing a video in BS Player works perfectly fine, though.

Thanks in advance.

A:Audio and Video slur

What version of Windows are you running? Is Windows fully updated using Windows Update until there are no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-and-video-slur.192909/
Relevancy 19.35%

Yesterday, I started a download and kept the pc on with my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex External HDD 1TB plugged in. After I woke up I realized that there was a power cut and the computer went off unexpectadly (I had no UPS or any backup system).And, I found that my Ext HDD was not seen in my computer anymore (It was working perfectly until before I went to bed).
In device manager, under 'Disks' it shows 'GoFlex Hard Disk', but in BIOS or Disk Manager there is no sign of this HDD.

I really need the data in the HDD badly. Please help me recover it.
P.S. I read somewhere that keeping the HDD in freezer might help and give a little more time. Is that true? Worth the risk?

A:External HDD gets detected in Device Manager but not Disk Manager or seen in 'My Computer'

Power outage probably killed something in the enclosure or its PSU. The drive in the enclosure is probably fine. I would remove the drive from the enclosure and put it in a dock or install it in a desktop computer before considering freezing it. Freezing is usually reserved for click of death drives, and a last ditch effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-gets-detected-in-device-manager-but-not-disk-manager-or-seen-in-my-computer.201343/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have two WD 3tb external drives. They both work but only one at a time. I am running Windows 7. I have renamed both drives but still no go. I have previously have had a 2tb and one the 3tb drives running at the same time with no problem. I had to upgrade to the 3tb from the 2tb because of the size of my projects I am working on. Does anyone have a solution?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-recognizing-2nd-of-the-same-wd-mass-storage-device.201294/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently bought a Dell Precision T and man it is a workhorse compared to what I have been using It has two quad core GHz processors and currently MB of RAM which I intend to upgrade to MB It has two separate GB hard drives and is running Windows Ultimate The only problem is that the display doesn t seem to be anywhere as good as my old computer is and I just bought a cheap no name Is Card Issues- outdated-What Video mine to get GB DDR card for it My new Dell has a nvidia quadro fx SD which I think has only MB of ram and the only thing it has going for it is that it has dual DVI connections for dual monitors only up to quot I thought with all the video cards out today that I could find something reasonable to replace this with and still have the option of dual monitors but I would prefer not to be limited to only quot Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get monitors I think this video card is just too old but I need advice because anyone at a store would just try to sell me one of the most expensive ones that I cannot really afford I have plenty of room for video cards and can even Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get run a dual space taking one of either type slot Please help advise me You can even look up the specs on my computer from the info above It has an watt power supply so I know that is not a problem As a matter of fact I wanted to also look into some more cooling options to keep it cool The case is quot high and quot deep and quot wide It is a monster to me but that is what I wanted I wanted one I could upgrade the way I want to I get mixed up on the card slot names but I know it has of the dual X Gen Graphic Slots I think those are the long ones with the little blue catch at the end to help hold the card and it has about or more other slots Only one of the X is being used by the old card which I plan to replace and the other slots are empty As always Thanks a million for the advice and help you guys give on here I hope someone has a decent solution for me The only reason I didn t want to be limited to a quot inch monitor is because I watch a lot of streaming video on the internet and I thought I would get one of those large quot or quot televisions to use but if I can t it s cool just explain it to me if you can please Thanks again for any responses nbsp

A:Video Card Issues- Is mine outdated-What to get

The size of a monitor does not matter to a video card, you can hook up a 60inch TV and it wont make a difference in performance to the machine over a similarly specked 30inch. What matters is the resolution, the higher you go (720->1080->1600->etc) the more demanding it is on your video card. Now in your case that Quadro card is Extremely Low end in this day and age which means its probably struggling to do anything even at 720p resolution. Now while this is a workstation machine, im inclined to ask what else you maybe doing besides watching/streaming HD content. If that is all you want to do, my suggestion would be to grab one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121800

Its and AMD R7 250, it has a DVI, HDMI, and a VGA on it so you can hook up 2 monitors (I would suggest 1 HDMI and 1 DVI) and it will keep up with your needs just fine. If you intend to do more with your machine than that or want a video card a little bit higher up for possible other tasks, try grabbing one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150688

Its an AMD R7 260X which is a significant step up for 50 more dollars. But it contains display port and more outputs in general so you can hook up lots of different monitors (Up to 6) on it.

Just my two cents, if you really want a workstation card like a quadro or firepro, let us know what your using it for so we can find a good one for you instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-issues-is-mine-outdated-what-to-get.199076/
Relevancy 21.5%

My partner's laptop HP 0700 Notebook will not boot up and just comes up with the above message. We found an HP troubleshooting site which said to reset the BIOS default settings by pressing the Escp key, F10 followed by F9 to reset. Then it said to press the F2 System Diagnostics keys which tested the hard disk and all the tests came out OK. When we tried to restart it, it came up with the same message and we have noticed that before it comes up with this message it says in the bottom left-hand corner "Prepare boot to OS" and then comes up with the message in the heading. We have not bootable disk as the laptop already had everything installed.

Coupled with this my partner's virus protection is coming up with "Threat detected" every minute on practically every site my partner visits on the Internet. You will appreciate that we cannot run any virus checks as we cannot get into the computer.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Compused

A:No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.201065/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi. I am looking for a new PC/Laptop mainly for audio editing and some amateur video editing. I have read around the web and found a few things I probably want in on my computer:

Firewire or IEEE 1394 input,
An SSD hard-drive or atleast an 7200rpm hard drive
A half-decent video card for video editing
A decent sized RAM (atleast 8 gb I think)
Processor which isnt a slug probably

I was looking at a refurbished Mac Mini for £579. (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FD388B/A)
It has some good reviews online and since Im not too experienced with computers an Apple product would probably give me less headaches. The Intel HD 4000 isnt too good though, which might be a problem for video editing. The hard drive isn't fast either, but I read, that that can be replaced.
Any comments on this? Maybe I should build my own PC or buy a laptop, could you give me some suggestions as well? My budget is about £600-700.
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-a-new-rig-for-audio-video-editing.201081/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi,

I bought a CPU last week and before we buy, ofcourse we tried and it worked fine. when I attached it to my monitor, it says "no video input". after removing and attaching again the VGA cable, it worked, but after few minutes of using, it returned to "no video input" again.. I tried to remove wires and connect to the outlet (since I used AVR) it worked again. So I thought it was my AVR was damaged. But after buying another AVR, it returned to "no video input" again, I tried to use my old AVR but nothing happened.. I tried to buy another VGA cable but nothing happened.. I tried to use my old CPU but again, nothing happened..

I dont know if its because of my monitor because we haven't use it for almost 5 mos. and it worked properly before and why is it, it worked fine for 15 mins. (after using with my new CPU) and then .. after few mins. again.. it says "no video input"

Pleasse help me.. thanks and God bless!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-input.201018/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi........

I want to buy new mobile and I need your advice
most imprtant for me the speed of the system ,,memory
thing not important for me ( quality of camera,,shape of mobile )

A:Any tips on buying a new mobile device?

By mobile I infer you mean cell phone. At any rate, I would prioritize the features and functions that are (a) import to you and (b) you use regularly. The hype on specs may be create bragging rights, but that's not worth $0.02 to me.

I'm and old T**d and love my 3g flip phone for the ease of use designed by Nokia. The so called smartphones are not on my wishlist. If I want pictures (and I take a ton of them), I'm not using any camera in a phone - - I take my handheld which gives me the PAS feature for low-light photograph required for indoor and museums. USEABILITY is big with me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-tips-on-buying-a-new-mobile-device.200801/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can processor speed be increased without changing or removing any harddware

A:Processors: Can speed be increased?

Depends on your specs and what you mean by increase.

Some processors are unlocked and can be over-clocked by increasing the processor frequency multiplier (which is multiples of the system bus frequency). This only effects the stability of the processor if clocked to high.

Many systems even if the processor is not unlocked, can still be overclocked by increasing the system bus frequency. Changing this frequency effects everything in the system, which can cause system instability with anything.
System builders will lock both system bus and frequency multiplier, by customizing the system BIOS. Limiting the BIOS is the number one reason, I do not like prebuilt systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processors-can-speed-be-increased.200569/
Relevancy 18.92%

I recently built a new system but kept look but new Same video very card, different monitor, the same monitor I m using an Acer quot LED widescreen monitor forgot the exact model number - let me know if it matters and I ll find it The old video card was a GeForce GS The new card is a Geforce GT The view angle did not change The monitor settings did not change I m using the same version of Windows XP Pro SP with the same display settings and monitor drivers The NVIDIA control panel is the same version and I set it Same monitor, new video card, but very different look to match the old one most settings were default just a contrast brightness tweak Same monitor, new video card, but very different look or two But with the new system card the greys in Windows all bleed together the display looks washed out and when I adjust gamma and brightness contrast to fix these problems there is too much contrast in darker colored areas and the hue seems off I do a lot of graphics and video work and have projects in progress it s very important that I m not second guessing my work due to a display that doesn t match the one I used to use Any ideas why this is Any suggestions on how to fix it I d prefer to find a fix that doesn t involve lots of settings tweaking as I ve already tried this and failed and because I don t want to second guess my settings for the life of this system nbsp

A:Same monitor, new video card, but very different look

It's possible that a BIOS setting was changed when you upgraded, so make sure you're still set to PEG or PCIe graphics, and set the bus speed to the right generation (PCIe 2.0 in your case), disable multi-monitor, etc. Anyway that's a long shot, the real problem may be that you got a bad video card. If possible, try it in another system and see if the problem persists.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/same-monitor-new-video-card-but-very-different-look.200583/
Relevancy 19.35%

I just got new SSD - Transcend 128GB. Installed Windows. When I cold boot my PC -- from a shut off state -- I get this message before Windows loads: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

However, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and reboot I come into Windows.

If I enter BIOS from cold boot, it does not detect my SSD. After rebooting it detects my SSD. Seems like the SSD is slow at firing up?

I have run chkdsk and memory test without any errors.

My motherboard is the MSI Z87-G55.

A:"Reboot and select proper boot device"

Just installed newest BIOS, it didn't help.

When I go into Board Explorer in BIOS it says SATA port 1 is empty. After reboot it says the same port is occupied by my SSD.

Update: Plugged in another hard drive (non-SSD). Same rules apply to it. On cold boot, none of the drives are detected. After reboot, both drives are detected. I used a non-SSD as system drive before this, worked perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.200351/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello ?
Recently, I need more speed for my computer.
Basically I want upgrade hardware but I am not expert: I need some advice.
I am using my computer for Computer Animation: Mostly Autodesk Maya.

I am in the middle of learning Animation Part and realize if I am going to use MentalRay with Animation,
I have to wait a long time [I believe].

Currently my computer's spec:
i5 2500K.
ASRock P67 EXTREME 4
8GB of RAM
GTX 560TI of 1GB

Which hardware should upgrade ?

A:I want to make more speed for 3D Tool - mainboard

Budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-make-more-speed-for-3d-tool-mainboard.200200/
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it normal for the fan speed on my Radeon 4800 to be 0 when the card temperature is 71 degrees C?

A:Radeon 4800 Fan Speed is 0 at 71 degrees C

Nope.

Download MSI Afterburner, see if you can manually change the fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-4800-fan-speed-is-0-at-71-degrees-c.199553/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello I have been experiencing with Video 7870 Win7 in Stuttering 64 an ongoing issue with video stuttering when using vsync and screen tearing when not of course in certain games Here are my specs Desktop PC OS Win -bit Intel Core i Ghz Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme GSkill Ripjaws GB DDR RAM AMD Radeon HD GB driver CCC -display setup monitors Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 x x Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 and one TV Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64 at x HD Samsung SSD PRO GB HD OCZ Agility SSD GB HD Seagate HDD TB HD WD HDD GB This issue is present throughout all games and videos to varying degrees It becomes apparent when any smooth movement is supposed to occur such as camera panning or forward movement in fps games for example In certain games it is barely noticeable such as Borderlands however games Trine or Dead Island are virtually unplayable due to the amount of stutter when moving In other games I experience tearing unless forcing vsync with triple buffering with D D overrider I have tried changing the vsync settings in the individual games as well with no change I have tried a number of solutions recommended from various boards such as reinstalling installing older drivers I am using an ATI radeon HD and have downloaded and removed installed just about every driver version I could get my hands on I have also been lucky enough to have access to a great deal of spare parts As such I have swapped the following components with known-good ones with no result - Power supply - CPU - Motherboard - Hard drive SSD - full reformat as well The previous graphics card a also experienced the exact same problems initially I replaced this card in an attempt to solve the stutter issue but it remained exactly the same I have run memtest and had no errors I have run certain problem games off of a different hard drive and on different monitors of my setup and produced the same result Computer has been fully scanned cleaned of malware etc Running Malwarebytes CCleaner and MSE I m at the end of my rope here Not sure what else to do Seems like this is a tricky issue none of the solutions I have found while searching has worked but I m hoping I missed something crucial Any help suggestions would be appreciated If you need any more information please let me know Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Video Stuttering with 7870 in Win7 64

In-game Vsync sucks for many games, the problem being some games tend to be biased towards one company and that causes the other company Graphics card to run poorly in it.

Try downloading Radeon Pro, its a custom tool that helps for games like that on AMD cards that run into issues with Vsync. Once installed, all you do is add the games your having problems with, go to the options surrounding the games sync, and set it to use dynamic Vsync with the refresh rate of your monitor (You can also add your monitors refresh in).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-stuttering-with-7870-in-win7-64.199248/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have owned this computer for several years now and I have found one critical card video FX Gateway 6831-03 error it has After I Gateway FX 6831-03 video card paid for a year warranty Gateway FX 6831-03 video card just a few weeks later the video card overheated I thought this was because of the long days of gaming but I started noticing that it occurred regularly after that point about one every two months then each month and the time frame kept getting shorter until today which now I Gateway FX 6831-03 video card cannot get the video card on for any length of time I would like advise from anyone who has the knowledge how can I fix the video card best at a low cost as I am now in college paying rent and such Is it better to replace the video card or is it better to get it fixed somewhere else Would it be better to buy a new computer and move all my personal files to that computer and if so which computer is best Also is it possible to change to an nVidia Graphic card even though my computer came with an ATI Radeon originally Any advice would be much appreciated as I need this computer for both college and for my gaming and video editing past time Thank you -Emerald Mercy Moderator note Moved from this thread - http www techspot com community t -desktop-pc-review page- post- nbsp

A:Gateway FX 6831-03 video card

How often do you clean out the PC? It could be time to blow the dust out.

Have the fans been checked, to make sure they are still functioning properly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-fx-6831-03-video-card.199388/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am considering the following Dell computer to be used primarily for video editing/rendering
Processor 4th Generation Intel® Core? i7-4770 processor (8M Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
Operating SystemWindows® 7 Professional, 64Bit, English
Memory216GB3 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
Hard Drive2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive + Intel® SRT 32GB SSD Cache
Video CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 650 Ti 1.0GB GDDR5
Comments? Applicability?

A:Considering video edit/render PC

Looks okay. That GPU is compatible with Adobe Premiere Pro mercury playback engine.

I'd build my own rig if this is for a personal purchase.

If it's for corporate, I guess you're with Dell for a reason. Increase the GPU to a GTX 660, or a 2GB model if you can.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-video-edit-render-pc.199385/
Relevancy 18.49%

So, I recently decided I was going to upgrade my video card. Mostly because I have noticed a huge difference between my friends Skyrim game quality than my own. I am thinking of getting this card...​
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-gef...card/1375028.p?id=1219050752787&skuId=1375028​
My system specs are pretty much the same as when I bought it.
Its a HP pavilion a6319fh PC. Everything is the same with the exception of my graphics card and power supply. My current graphics card is the ATI Radeon 4600 series. ​
My big questions are:
Will this card work with my machine?
Will this card run Skyrim on Ultra settings in vanilla?
Will this card be able to support possible heavy scripting and modding?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for any help

A:Video Card Upgrade Advice

Sure but a 500W power supply is recommended for a GTX 760. You may need to check the size of your power supply, as it is likely to need upgrading before replacing the GPU.

This is what to expect for Skyrim on a GTX 760. - GeForce GTX 760 2GB - Skyrim Performance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-upgrade-advice.199391/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 21.5%

I've a wired network at home like this:

Code:
Internet
|
ADSL Router
|
Dlink Switcher
|
I'm going to buy a new tablet (ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10), which supports internet through wifi. I was wondering how can I share the internet access with the new device? What new devices should I buy and what changes are required to my network setup?

Thanks in advance.

A:How to share wired Internet access with WiFi device

I figured it out, I need an AP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-share-wired-internet-access-with-wifi-device.199110/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello for some time now been a few months now didn t really notice it at first I ve been experiencing weird horizontal artifacts in video playback They are computer-based as I can show you by pasting a screenshot They move and jitter during playback I also notice these artifacts even as I type to you with and Video HD errors 6800 artifacts Radeon now whenever I type I see the artifacts blinking on and off and they might stay on off I tried updating all my codecs and my GFX driver but that caused more problems as now a game I tried to play Orcs must Die had a weird horizontal crossbar going up the menu screen and other such weird behaviour This was not present in my former drivers so now I m thinking of a rollback or alternative drivers Omega Might be something to do with my ancient overheated and now dusty with age CPU that s probably suffered from overclocking over the years E but it also might be my relatively old GPU However I didn t have these problems during the first half of last year that much I know I m running Win bit with gb of ram Any advice beyond finally going ahead and changing the MB CPU and VGA Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-artifacts-and-errors-with-radeon-hd-6800.199030/
Relevancy 26.66%

Have a home computer (E6600 2 gig ram) The led and activity lites an power supply fan keeps running after it shuts down so I have been turning off the powersupply
When I turned the power supply on today I got a puff of smoke out the back
So I'm going to use my case,burners,hard drives,video card etc and upgrade
I'll replace the power supply use Window 7 64 bit, ram etc
I don't game ,mostly use the web burn DVD an blue ray later
I've used Intel an Gigabyte in the past with good success
I haven't build a computer foe several years so appreciate your help
I'll be getting the parts from newegg
Thanks

A:Need help selecting new processor and motherboard

A few quick questions for clarification:

You mentioned reusing your RAM modules, are the modules DDR3?
A new motherboard will likely not support IDE drives, are all your drives SATA drives?
Intel Core i3, i5, and i7

1st generation - LGA1156 (Nehalem)
2nd generation - LGA1155 (Sandy Bridge)
3rd generation - LGA1155 (Ivy Bridge)
4th generation - LGA1150 (Haswell)
If you want the latest and greatest, the 4xxx CPU's and the LGA1150 CPU socket is what you are looking for. If the second (2xxx CPU's) and third (3xxx CPU's) generation is good for you, the LGA1155 CPU socket is what you are wanting to look at.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-selecting-new-processor-and-motherboard.195369/