Windows Support Forum

Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

Q: Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a NE56R Model Laptop from gateway, I've been experience extreme slowness from my computer and recently found out that my computers processor speed was dropping from 1796Mhz to 798Mhz at any time randomly but mostly when I play games. Im looking for a fix and my processor Is intel Celeron 1.80Ghz B830

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/384236-processor-speed-dropping-video-games-help-please.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I am going to be buying a new computer in the near future and was wondering if backups, file copying, and defragging will speed up very much?

It seems like that at some point, the drives would not be able to keep up with the processor and faster processors would not be needed for many or even most applications.

I am using a 1 ghz Pentium 3 computer now and am going to get a new 3 ghz computer next.

Also, recently, I read an article about the new dual core Intel chips and that sounds like something that I would like but do not know if they are out yet, and if so, do not know what they are called.

A:Processor speed vs hard drive speed

The main point of having a faster processor is that it runs games smoother, compresses audio and video faster, and so on. These tasks are not particularly dependent on hard disk performance. Nearly all applications will benefit from a faster processor regardless of the speed of the hard disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-vs-hard-drive-speed.372071/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a motherboard that has a FSB of up to 400MHz.
My processor is an AthlonXP 2200 which can only run at 266MHz
My memory is 256MB DDR DRAM PC2700
SisSoftware Sandra testing tells me my memory speed and processsor speed do not match. Question is: Does this really matter? I know a processor upgrade would sort it but a)the computer seems to run fine and b) I daren't try to sneak ANOTHER pc purchase past the wife! (just yet);-)

Relevancy 90.73%

all I've been a software developer for many years now and I've never really understood how all of these items play into getting the maximum performance e g - moving extremely fast out of my development machines I need to get a Win machine for dev purposes at this point Here's what I generally have open at the same time on any development machine windows that I use firefox tabs Excel instances Access instances Skype A screen sharing program like GoToMeeting join me youtube video I'm simply amazed at how slowly all of this runs on my current machine that is Vista -bit Pentium dual-core GHZ GB RAM My machine is - years old now so the motherboard could possibly be the issue Hard drive too But my question with all of that said is what would be someone's advice here for me that needs a development machine of Win simply for the purposes of testing development copies of software So it has to about (combination) Cards Processor RAM, Video Speed and question be bare bones Nothing more What kind of absolute minimum specs would you guys say I should look for thanks

A:question about RAM, Processor Speed and Video Cards (combination)

Hello ajet mate you have just outlined - in my mind anyway the reason - Vista and old processors.

A good source of info is to Google Wikipedia and read through the refs in it for CPU's RAM etc etc

Undoubtedly you will get a flood of info here too but that is my two cents worth
PS You could look at some of this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/81...nce-vista.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298888-question-about-ram-processor-speed-video-cards-combination.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello All I have many questions and concerns on fixing my Acer Laptop Z The problem I m having isn t really a Business: card speed/Video Processor Vista Widows problem its more of trying to get the most out of my laptop I m running vista Widows Vista Business: Processor speed/Video card business with a Genuine Intel R processor running at GHz I would like to reach GHz but not completely necessary My Video Widows Vista Business: Processor speed/Video card card is a Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family I have GBs of RAM and a GB hard drive with an external hard Drive that is another GBs Everything works beautifully I just got a game for xmas that requires my computer to be at least a experience level I m not a big game player but i think it would be nice to play when i have time And i have an experience level of This is not the first time that ive run across this problem trying to run a program Ive talked to Acer and they are working on finding me a number so i can possibly change my processor I ve toyed with the thought of over clocking my CPU but very worried about that The error code that i get is insufficient resources Is it possible that the reason the game wont work on my laptop is because that my video card is worthless When i look in my device manager i go to the that has sound video and game controller there is only and audio driver there Nothing else Is there anything that i can do to get this game to work Anything that i can do soup my computer up to make these kind of programs run If any one needs any more information just ask and i will be very fast with a reply Thanks befloyd nbsp

A:Widows Vista Business: Processor speed/Video card

The whole messge is:

We are sorry, but your computer's video hardware is below the recommended minimun spec for this game. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.
Machine info: 1700MHz, 2048MB, 64M Intel Unknown (0x27a2)

Thanks guys

befloyd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/widows-vista-business-processor-speed-video-card.668212/
Relevancy 86%

Hi folks, good day to all
This comp is equiped with 200mgh Pentium R chip with MMX, 64mb ram, 2.5gig hd, 98se. When this comp came to me the clock speed was set to 60, and the multiplier was set to 2 which = a processor speed of 120(I`m new to this so if I am wrong please correct me), I have no idea why this was set this way. I have pulled the Pentium chip, and it is MMX. I thought this was a waste of speed since the chip was a 200mgh, so I proceded to increase the clock to 66, and the multiplier to 3, which = 200 or so right. Well when I go into bios the processor speed is still 120mgh, and should be 200 if I am correct. Is there something I need to do more than I have to achieve 200mgh? Thanks for your time, and any info.

Regards
Mike Peters

Relevancy 86%

Just noticed today something that seems odd to me. While I had PC Wizard open to look at temps, I noticed the CPU frequency is running at 798 MHz while it's speced at 1900 MHz... I also noticed the CPU frequency is the same as the FSB HT Link frequency (whatever that is).

Anybody got a clue about that? I've never even looked into overclocking (underclocking ? ) and have not changed anything in BIOS relative to the processor. This is on my Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop machine with and AMD Turion 64 X 2 processor running XP Home.

See the attached thumbnail

Raybro

A:Solved: Processor Speed

This is completely normal .

Modern CPUs (especially mobile ones - like yours) will lower their clocks to preserve energy and emit less heat while they just sit idle or when under low load.

If you launch a heavy program then the clocks will speed up until they reach full speed.

Try launching a heavy application, ALT+TAB and check your clocks again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed.856910/
Relevancy 86%

the last pc that i purchased was 1.2gig amd machine with 512mb ram

back then i could tell the pc's apart by the processor speeds, now with the dual core machines how do i know which machines are the fastest and does it really matter, the pc will be not be used for gaming. i do not care for info on manufacturers, just the processing speeds..
thanks

A:Solved: processor speed

what exactally do you mean.?

if you have a 1.2GHZ amd its "speed" is 1.2GHZ yes.?

if you want a dual core pc then if for instance you have a 1.6Ghz dual core then effectively you have a 3.2GHz "speed"
as there are 2 cores in one chip each running at 1.6GHz if you get me,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed.660893/
Relevancy 86%

Hi there, I need advice. I have 2 kids and they both have laptops. I bought them the game Final Fantasy 14 ( what a pain). The game installed with no probelm. The problem is running the game. Its so slow and its like playing in slow motion. Meaning that the characters moves so slow, at least 10 secods after the key has been pressed. My opinion is that probably the processor in the laptops might be causing the slow down.

Laptop number one description:
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bits
Hp Pavillion DV6700
Processor: Intel Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU [email protected]
memory: 3gb

Laptop number 2 description:
Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bits
Compaq Pressario CQ60 Notebook
Processor: AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-32 2.00 Ghz
Memory : 2.00GB

I have done all the updates, video card, windows, and directX and the problem persists. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciate it.

Thank you much

Jaime

Relevancy 86%

Hi, I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.0 ghz Dual Core. I have noticed lately my pc performance bogging down, and I ran virus, spyware, registry clean, defrag etc...but still was running slow. I checked my processor speed, and it says it's running at 1.08 ghz, and it's supposed to be 2.0. I was told it was AMD Cool n' Quiet...but there was no option in my BIOS to disable, so I formatted my hard drive and did not install the drivers for cool n quiet. Still, my processor shows as running at 1.08 ghz. Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 86%

I am looking at specifications for an ASUS laptop.
It lists the processor as: 800 MHz Intel Celeron.

Further down in the specs it shows processor as:
Intel Celeron M 900MHz.

I have no technical knowledge about computers, and don't understand
the difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed.745252/
Relevancy 86%

Is there a way I can speed up my computer once the computer starts up ,shutdown and even playing games? I have too many items on my startup tray, but I need those. I have a laptop that is Toshiba Intel Centrino Duo Core, 1.5 GB of RAM, Harddrive Capacity 150 GB, and 1.6 GHZ. But somehow the computer is still kinda of slow. Thanks!

A:Solved: Speed Up My Processor!

chow2rich said:

Is there a way I can speed up my computer once the computer starts up ,shutdown and even playing games? I have too many items on my startup tray, but I need those. I have a laptop that is Toshiba Intel Centrino Duo Core, 1.5 GB of RAM, Harddrive Capacity 150 GB, and 1.6 GHZ. But somehow the computer is still kinda of slow. Thanks! Click to expand...

It is possible to upgrade certain components of a laptop. However, with those specs, it should run smoothly. I presently am using a Core 2 Duo 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, and everything seems fast.

Are you running games on batteries. Many laptops deliberately lower their clock speeds when using a battery so it can save power. Make sure its plugged in.

If your feeling rich, try adding more RAM, you dont really need the upgrade, but more ram never hurt anyone

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-speed-up-my-processor.537552/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi
I am running windows xp home on the hardware below
asus a7v8x-x
xp 2700
512mb
maxtor 80 gb
ati 9200
creative audigy
yesterday I was greeted with the bios screen I got the system disk out
but to no avail, finally I got it to boot at 1300mhz it will not boot on the
two higher speed options
It was running at 2167mhz for over a year and now I am left scatching my head
any ideas
thanks in aticipation

Relevancy 85.14%

Hello,

Why is the GHz rating on processors now lower than it was many years ago?

For example - a socket 478 Pentium 4 from 5 years ago is rated at 3.00 GHz. Most new computers being sold today are less than that.

A:Solved: Processor Speed Question

There are still processors that run at, or over 3 ghz. The difference being that you have multiple cores now, as opposed to a single core from years ago.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed-question.1014220/
Relevancy 84.71%

Problem HI-SPEED USB Device Attached To non-HI-SPEED Hub I tried to trace the device down but I m not sure of the Attached Device USB To non-HI-SPEED Hub HI-SPEED way to find the device it s talking about I HI-SPEED USB Device Attached To non-HI-SPEED Hub have high speed hubs to use once I know what device to move How do you find which one is the HI speed Device And how do you find which one is the HI speed hub connect slot Intel R FB FBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - C USB Composite HI-SPEED USB Device Attached To non-HI-SPEED Hub Device on my PC See attached ----------------------------------- HI-SPEED USB Device Attached To non-HI-SPEED Hub The HI-SPEED USB Device Attached To non-HI-SPEED Hub Generic USB Hub is a HI-SPEED USB device and will function at reduced speed when plugged into a non-HI-SPEED port The hubs shown in bold type have free ports that can support the HI-SPEED USB device Intel R FB FBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - C USB Root Hub ports Unused Port Unused Port Unused Port Unused Port Unused Port Unused Port Unused Port Unused Port Recommendation Disconnect the Generic USB Hub from its current port and then connect it to one of the ports on a hub shown in bold type

A:HI-SPEED USB Device Attached To non-HI-SPEED Hub

ever get an answer on this ? I was wondering the same thing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-device-attached-to-non-hi-speed-hub-283790.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a sandisk sansa mp player flash drive and I get this message when I plug it in I gather there must be some way add a hi speed USB host controller so I can drop and drag files quicker but I can not find any info on how to do this or where to download the a USB hi hub to speed speed hi device non attached software MESSAGE The USB Mass Storage device is a High Speed USB Device and will function at reduced speed when plugged into a non-high speed port Recommendation You must add a high speed USB host controller to this computer to ontain maximum performance AND I WANT MAX PERFORMANCE Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack None Internet Explorer IE - Windows XP Computer Name ME- F C F User Name brian Logon Domain ME- F C F Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Easton D EEA PCI hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub AGP DIMM Audio Video Motherboard Chipset Intel Solano i E System Memory MB PC SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MX MX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX MX Monitor Optiquest Q - G Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB Live Sound Card Storage Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive QUANTUM FIREBALLlct GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive SanDisk Sansa m USB Device Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive ARTEC WRR- X x x x CD-RW Optical Drive SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD- x x DVD-ROM Partitions C FAT MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address - -CF- F-AD- Network Adapter USB Cable Modem Modem U S Robotics K Fax PCI Peripherals Printer Fax Printer HP DeskJet C USB Device USB Cable Modem USB Device USB Mass Storage Device nbsp

A:hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub

I think that I just answered my own question .can anyone confirm?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-speed-usb-device-attached-to-a-non-hi-speed-hub.545079/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi, I have a AMD Sempron 3200+ which was running at 2ghz, but now according to the system properties in the control panel is now 565Mhz??

I have downloaded the AMD clock which shows it to be running at 2GHZ. I have checked the BIOS to see if the board speed had reduced for some reason but its running @220mhz (which it always has). My machine is running slower than normal and is having issues when playing back audio/visual, slow video normal speed audio. The task manager shows the cpu usage to shoot to 100%. I have updated the BIOS to the latest driver but still the same.

Is this windows issue? don't really want to do a new install

Any ideas??

Cheers

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,
I have purchased a new AMD 64 4000+ OEM processor to replace my old AMD 64 3200+ processor. The BIOS recognises it as a 2.4GHz processor, but when I go into contol panel, performance/maintenance, and then system in windows XP it only shows up as a 1.73GHz speed. I then put my old 3200+ proccessor back in and it only shows a speed of 998MHz instead of the specified 2.0GHz. Is this just because windows doesn't recognise AMD processors very well. Or is something wrong?
Many thanks.

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all I am running XP Home SP on an AMD processor with all current updates installed On the System Properties page the speed is only reporting as anything between on the general user and or GHz on the audio user although it is not consistent The power settings on both users are set to Always On although there are other schemes saved I switched both to Always On after reading that power schemes may be choking the processor speed off It doesn t seem to make any difference though I changed the Computer interface in Device Manager to ACPI PC from Uniprocessor PC on advice from Creative I m running an SB Live which gave me the speed on the general user but not annoyingly on the Audio user And the system RAM is only reporting MB with GB installed As far as I can see settings for both users are the same I am running Background services and System Cache as priority I have Cacheman installed but settings for both users are the same AVG up to date and no nasties other than tracking cookies reported from recent scans by AVG Anti-Spyware or Search and Destroy What s going on Thanks for any help particularly from audio machine users Regards UD nbsp

A:Solved: Processor speed reports slower than it should

The problem was due to settings not available in the power applet. Fixed from cmd line:

Processor throttle settings (DOS):
to view: >powercfg /q <scheme name>
to edit: >powercfg /x <scheme name> /processor-throttle-ac none

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-speed-reports-slower-than-it-should.587638/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey everybody

I recently used the site that tests for game compatibility, that is posted in the sticky in the Games forum.

I ran it, and it says that my processor is a 797 MHz processor. When I bought the laptop, it was listed as a 2.0 GHz processor.

When I look into my properties of my computer, I get two speeds for the processor. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like. What is the speed of my processor?

Relevancy 82.99%

I have an old Compaq Armada 1560DMT Laptop with Windows 98 SE and an Intel Pentium MMX 166 mhz processor. Is there any way preferably through software to speed up the processor or the speed of the laptop? Are there any utilities that I could use to increase the performance in any way?

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Just recently I started to have a problem where my processor speed would drop from its usual standpoint (1.9GHz) to this (600MHz). I can't play any games with it all the way down there and I have no clue what is causing it. I have never had this problem before and the only significant changes I have made recently would be a change to Spyware Doctor Antivirus as my main Anti Spyware/Etc program.

Relevancy 81.7%

I'm having problems with the transfering of data from my mp3 player to my comp to be slower than usual... I reformatted a few weeks ago, and now i have trouble finding a usb host controller..
I remember dl a Nvidia Enhanced Host controller which seemed to fix the transfer problem.. but now i cant seem to find it anymore.. i've searched for nearly an hour..

Any links or help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 81.7%

I have just had a popup message on my desktop.
It tells me that my USB Composite Device is a HI-SPEED Device and will function at a lower speed when plugged into a non HI-SPEED port.
It recommends that I disconnect from the current port and connect to one of the ports on a hub shown in bold type in the dialogue box.
Should I do this and if so how do I do this?

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, I have a Canon HV20 that I am trying to transfer video from, to my computer. I have Windows XP Pro 2002. Using Windows Movie Maker. Software that came with the camera is installed but is only for still images. I have tried with the USB cable supplied with the camera, also with a purchased connection from the camcorder to the IEEE1394 port. In both cases I get the message "a capture video device was not detected, verify that a device is turned on and connected properly, then try again". My camera is turned on to Play, as required by the manual in order to transfer video. Any suggestions of what could be wrong?

Thanks

A:Solved: capture video device not found message

Have you tried connecting it with a new cable? Once, my friend bought a new digital camera and couldn't connect the camera with the PC. She tried hard looking for help. At last, she found me and I found that the problem only lies in the cable. I changed the cable and it worked.

You can also try connecting using Windows Vista perhaps it can detect your camera. Newer operating system will of course detect better.

http://acespower.blogspot.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-capture-video-device-not-found-message.735224/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

I have 2 external hard drives & 1 card reader which apparently are all mass storage devices, the drives being 160 & 320gb resp. A beep or two will suddenly sound and most times all these disappear one by one from windows explorer & my computer then one by one will reappear. This can happen anything up to 5-6 times consecutively. Lately I've been getting a balloon saying 'The USB Mass Storage device is a HI-Speed usb device and will function at a reduced speed when plugged into a non-Hi-Speed port'. Then it lists the hubs that ports are available on, at the minute USB root hub and generic usb hub. I have no idea where these are. All my hubs are usb 2.0 both in my computer and the external hubs I have. What is this hi-speed port the message refers to? I thought usb 2.0 was the highest. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,
I recently purchase a DIY desktop computer but it does not come with a firewire port. I installed one on the pci slot and it was detected by the computer.
Now when I pluged in a 6 to 4 pin firewire cable to my DV cam, I could not do a capture in either the Movie Maker or Premier Elements. It says 'no capture device detected'.
I checked on the hardware under device manager, and it shows that the firewire card is working properly.
I also tried using the USB port on the DV cam to capture, but it was not detected. I heard that it requires a seperate driver from JVC manufacturer. My Cam model is GR-D270.
I would appeciate alot for any answer to my problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-capture-device-error-video-capture.628877/
Relevancy 78.69%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 78.26%

hi guys, im trying to find a free decent (if possible) screen capture software program with many options, mainly i want to be able to variy the mouse speed in the recording, so do something then let the computer slow it down, or let it follow the line of the click,

e.g. click on left side of screen and then click on right side of screen, but if i wiggle the mouse all over the place it doesnt record tht, it only records and makes its own mouse movement, if that makes sense.

thanks

rich

ps. i am aware of other posts but i couldnt find waht i needed within the software i have installed already from it.

A:screen capture software (Mouse speed)

Hello -

Not really sure I understand what you want to accomplish with the whole mouse speed thing but I can tell you that I've used a lot of different screen capturing software (paid and freeware) and the two best softwares that I came across are Shotty which you can download from here And Greenshot which is found at Sourceforge.net (also at Softpedia)

The nice thing about Shotty is that it handles the aero transparency issues - perfect high resolution pics with no background showing. And both products are freeware.

Good Luck!

- Tagen

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/174920-screen-capture-software-mouse-speed.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Ok, so I am planning a build, and have already started buying parts, but after some consideration, I'm thinking I might be overcompensating on my video card, here is my build:

8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) SDRAM
ASUS P7P55D-E LX Motherboard
GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Intel i5-760 2.8GHz Quad-core (Note, I plan on OC this to 3.6, some have gone up to 4.0)
650W (4 x +12V) PSU
6Gb/s 7200 RPM HD

So, would it be smarter to downgrade to a GTX 460 or 470, or stick with the 560?

Relevancy 76.54%

Recently i have started playing half at speed video Solved: cpu slower problems/ now life and a Solved: video problems/ cpu at slower speed now couple other games that are graphics intensive My problem is that sometimes the game will slow down a bit and it gets a bit choppy Also the sound will skip quite a bit when this happens I went to a local computer store and the guy there talked me into upgrading my ATI pro to a pro It seems a little better but not completely Another thing I have noticed Solved: video problems/ cpu at slower speed now is that in the system information screen for my comp it is showing my processor as an AMD but I purchased a and it used to show up as that my system specs are below for your info Not sure if this will help but my processor runs at approx C during gaming and about C not gaming Thanks MSI KT AV board AMD ATHALON XP g when purchased AMD ATHALON XP g now gb ddr pc - pc - pc mator gig hd w power supply radeon pro agp mb v card on board sound w Creative spkrs nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

I get this message when my wireless adaptor is plugged into one of my two usb ports. I have checked and I have a usb 2.0 port working. It says to disconnect from this port and connect it to a high speed enabled hub. It then lists 6 in bold.

The problem is I dont know a thing about usb ports etc so how exactly do I do this?

help much appreciated in advance guys

A:"Hi speed usb device attached to a non hi speed hub"

You get this message when the port that it is connected to is not usb 2.0. example:

computer usb port is 2.0 and the device you are using (camera, etc) is usb 1.0

or

computer usb port is 1.0 and the device you are using (camera, etc) is usb 2.0

or

computer usb port is 2.0 and the device you are using (camera, etc) is usb 2.0 but your usb hub (if you are using one) is usb 1.0.

basically somewhere you have a usb device or plug that is not at the same speed. Alot of times computer companies will put usb 2.0 ports in the back of the computer and only 1.0 on the front of the computer.. i have seen that before..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-device-attached-to-a-non-hi-speed-hub-95123.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a laptop running XP home.I have plugged my new CD burner into the USB port and I am now getting the above message.I may be nuts,but I don't think I was getting this message 2 days ago when I first plugged the device in.
Device manager shows the followingno problems with devices)

USB root hub driver M/S 7/1/2001 V 5.1.2600.0
VIA rev5 or later USB universal host controller VIA technologies with same driver info

USB Mass storage device(cd burner)

Everything seems to be working fine.I am using the on board XP burning software with no problems.
If this is something that I can easily correct,I'd like to.

Have made no hardware or software changes after adding the burner.
Thanks for any info.

Relevancy 75.68%

I am building a PC for a friend. All he needs is a processor that can handle multiple web browser windows open and the same time constantly, lets say 6-10 at a time. What speed processor should I be looking for? Thanks.

A:What speed processor should I use?

Any modern processor will work. 6-10 browser windows is not taxing on a system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-speed-processor-should-i-use.578511/
Relevancy 75.68%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even.But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned... system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796951
Relevancy 75.68%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even. But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned.. system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796945
Relevancy 75.68%

I've got a computer with Windows 98SE and I figured out I need a faster processor to play a couple of my games. Right now I have an Intel Pentium III 670MHz processor and I need at least a 1.3 GHz processor or equivalent, or to be on the safe side a 2.0 GHz processor or equivalent. How do I upgrade my processor speed? I won't be doing it myself but what do they do to the computer to upgrade the processor? Around how much would it cost to upgrade from what I have now to a 2.0 GHz processor? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 75.68%

I currently have a desktop with a single core AMD Athelon 2.08 GHZ, 1 GB ram running XP. I am planning on using an older laptop in its place. HP NC6400 Intel 1.6GHZ Centrino duo ,3 GB ram running Windows 7. Will I notice a slower performance with the laptop?

A:Processor speed

Judging from PassMark.com benchmark scores.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+ > benchmarks between 400 & 500
Intel Core2 Duo 1.6GHz > benchmarks between 800 & 1100

To answer your question, I don't see any reason why the laptop would be slower. The laptop has two times the CPU performance and three times the memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed.176285/
Relevancy 75.68%

HI,

can someone tell me how you can find the Processor speed
of a Win NT machine ( e.g Right click My PC etc) which this obviously isnt!

A:WIN NT Processor Speed?

Start , run , then type "dxdiag" without the quotes and it is under the system tab .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-nt-processor-speed.194555/
Relevancy 75.68%

When the computer is idle when browsing the Internet seems 2.9 GHz processor speed 2.6 even.But when I went to the game processor speed 2.1 GHz fixed. Please help I need to increase the speed of the processor. If can be found, why wouldn't you be? Let me put it this way I've written can be overturned.. system idle 2.9 Ghzin game 2.1 fixed How playing 2.9 can I do? HP Pavilion 15 p002 stAMD A10 5745M HD8610G & R7M260

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-need-help-about-the-processor-speed-HELP/td-p/5796946
Relevancy 75.68%

I am torn between purchasing 2 different types of computers to replace my Macbook that I had to sell to pay the taxman.

One has a 2.13 GHz processor and the other a 1.8GHz. How much noticeable/significant difference would there be between the 2?

A:Processor Speed

You can't simply compare mhz anymore. You have to compare the architectures. Are they both the same processor type, or are they two different kinds?

If they are the same, let's say both mobile Core 2 Duos...chances are, you won't notice much of a difference, and the cost savings can be put towards more memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/142169-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have installed in my PC an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ processor.

I had the impression that my speed was 2.1 GHz.

I ran the Belarc PC Management program and I discovered that my processor is a 1.73 GHz AMD Athlon XP.

I also viewed System Properties - General and it reads:

Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
1.74 GHz
512 MB of RAM

Could someone please tell me why this is?

Are my settings underclocked?

If so, how do I correct them?

Thanks

Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys, I am confused. Help me pick which processor is faster. Im talking about pentium 820 and athlon 64 3300+ w/ HT. Ok first of all, the pentium 820 is a dual core compare to athlon 64 which is not but the athlon 64 has HT means its like dual core, or not? Im confused help me pick which one. And which processor in amd will you compare the speed in Pentium 820?

If I'm gonna pick I'll say that athlon 64 3300+ is faster for me than the pentium 820. Let me know if I'm wrong. The purpose of my system is mainly for gaming.

Thank You

A:Help on Processor Speed

I'll cut the geeky crap and get right down to the point.

The Pentium 820 is duel-cored and runs at 2.80GHz. The athlon 64 3300+ runs at 2.4 GHz. I have always been a strong supporter of AMD because it usualy outpreforms Intel in terms of gaming. But with the athlon 64 3300+ there is one set back. It only has 256kb of L2 Cache.

L2 Cache and cache in general (to dumb it down) manages how many applications you can have running at the same time without noticible slowdown (also referred to as bottle necking) More of the cache is better and causes better preformance when multitasking.

The Intel processor has 1MB L2 Chache, because its a duel core 2 x 1MB = 2Mb Cache. This proving that the intel processor would be better for mult-tasking (Teamspeak, Msn, a game and an anti virus all running at the same time) With no visible slowdown.

I would usually recommend AMD, but honestly, I believe Intel is the way to go in this case. But this is ONLY because you suggested that specific AMD vs that specific INTEL processor. There are some very nice AMD processors out there but I just wouldnt recommend the 3300+.

Oh and by the way, HT (or HyperTransport) is a technology that helps stop bottle necking, but it is definatley NOT the same as a duelcore. Duelcores are TWO processors working together and HT is just one core.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-processor-speed.481280/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi All Processor speed??? I Processor speed??? have different laptops that I am using one of them is an Acer with an AMD Sempron processor the other is an e-machines with an AMD Turion processor Other than the processors the rest of the stuff is pretty much the same The Turion is technically supposed to be the better quot faster quot of the two processors My question is this Whenever I visit any web pages the sempron processor seems to load the pages faster It doesn t matter if it is a newly visited site or if I already have cookies from the site or if I wipe the cookies clean When I set the two computers side by side and hit the enter button or the mouse button or the go arrow at the same time the quot faster quot processor doesn t get up and go there is a pause before it starts it s work and then a pause before it finishes loading the page Many often times in the lower left hand corner it says item remaining and doesn t quot finish quot loading the page for quite a while I know that the processor speed tests are within miliseconds of each other and they re taken from robots who hit the enter key at EXACTLY the same time and I m not one of those but I m not talking about miliseconds I m talking about at least seconds or more per web page a significant stall any explanation anyone could offer for the quot technically faster quot processor being slower than the quot inferior quot processor would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

A pentium 4 has a processing speed of 1.4GHz and a Pentium D (or) Core 2 Duo almost the same but has two processors which share the job making it a lot better than the old P4 ... My question is how do I know the processing speed of a multicore or a multiprocessor system ?????

Relevancy 75.68%

Where can you find out what your processor speed is. And when you boot up your computer, how do you get into the screen where you choose the safe mode?

Relevancy 75.68%

i have an amd xp 2800+ now it reads like a 2.1gig in dxdiag, but it was supposed to be a 2.8 gig processor how do i find out if it is a 2.8 as u can help

Relevancy 75.68%

recently bought a new pc with an AMD athlon processor. I ordered a 2200+ processor. Under my computer/properties speed shows up as 1500+ which is 1.3Ghz. And also shows up in my bios start up screen. Did I either get ripped off or is there something I do not know about processor speeds. Eric

A:amd processor speed

Check your fsb setting. It probably defaults to 100. You need to set the fsb to 133 it will then read correctly. Check the manual; it will have instructions on how to set bus speed.
If this is a computer you purchased, why not take it back to where you bought it from and have them correct the problem. After all if you pay for something, you have a right to expect that it will work as advertised.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-processor-speed.104957/
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm a novice when it comes to prosor definitions.
Need help.
Bought new desk top, built by PC Club Inc. Paid for a "AMD ATHLON 64 2800+OEM" processor.
At home the system informatin screen stated that we had a "x86 Family 15 Model 12 stepping 0 authenic ~1800 Mhz" processor.
I thought an 2800 processor would be faster and better than a 1800 Mhz procer.
The salesman tells me that the 1800 is better. For some reason I feel we've been had!
Can some one advise me which is the better processor?
TKS Bob A

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Dell XPSm140 laptop. It suddenly started running WAY slow. When I view the general "system" info in "Control Panel" my 2.13GHz processor is only running at 81MHz!!!! I was told that a BIOS update might have caused it so I took the CMOS battery out and let it reset...still only 81MHz

Relevancy 75.68%

In a computer with SATA 3Gb/s NCQ HDs … Which is more important ??

1: A 3.0GHz P4 930 … or … a 3.2 GHz P4 940 dual core processor
or
2: 2Gb of DDR2-533 MHz Ram … or … 2Gb of DDR2-667 MHz Ram

I’m thinking the processor is much faster than the Ram or HDs and the Ram Speed is significantly more important.
Am I on the right track ?

Relevancy 75.68%

What would be faster, a 2.4ghz cpu with a 1066mhz fsb or a 3.4ghz processor with an 800mhz fsb? Is the fsb capable of being overclocked? Which effects overall speed more?

A:FSB vs Processor speed

In my opinion, the 2.4GHz CPU would be faster than the 3.4GHz, and especially in the case of an Intel Core 2 Duo vs. a Pentium 4 or Pentium D. If the FSB is low but the CPU is high, that might not make that much of a difference, cuz even if the CPU speed is that high, the FSB might not be able to do the stuff that it needs to do fast enough to keep up with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fsb-vs-processor-speed.67253/
Relevancy 75.68%

My computer is running at 550mhz when it is usually running much faster.
My computers specs are down below.
I cannot figure out why it i doing this i checked the processor speed in bios and it said 100/100 so im stumped

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Guys
I have just built a new pc for myself using an Asus A7V600 Skt A DDR400 KT600 8X Audio/Lan/SATA MB mobo with an Athlon XP 2500 Barton processor. I am using 512 mb of crucial ddr ram 2100 pci.
I expected some good performance but was dissapointed. When I checked, the processor is shown as 2500 but is actually producing 1.4 mhz.
Any ideas??
Thank you

Gus

Relevancy 75.68%

This may be a silly question but this is the place for those - especially for those of us still learning to be true geeks! I have been given the assignment of PC inventory and one of the requirements is processor speed. Is there an easy way to determine this without kicking the user off and rebooting and doing F10 during reboot? These are mostly Windows 95 and 98 machines so we don't have the luxury of Windows 2000 system manager. Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 75.68%

I got an old machine to give to a friend, and am gonna' load Me on it.

What's the speed of the Pentium(r)? Is 970X a chipset model #, to tell the speed?

Relevancy 75.68%

I read somewhere that there is someplace on the net you can go to test your processor speed. Is this true? If so is this safe and where can it be found?

Thanks

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello if this is is Down Processor Speed Way posted in the wrong place please forgive me I am not sure what happened I don t know if it s a virus or not It was running fine Processor Speed is Way Down but now everything is slower I watch a movie almost every but now cannot because image and sound are jerky And every click of the mouse especially internet browsing seems to take seconds when before it was instant I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Home Premium I ran Malwarebytes and have Processor Speed is Way Down tried shutting down and restarting computer many times but it s still slow If you can help solve this I would be so very grateful Thanks UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PM System Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard Dell Inc UK Processor AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor TK- Microprocessor mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points No restore point in system Installed Programs Torrent Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Reader X D DX Facebook Messenger Facebook Video Calling Free Studio version Google Chrome Google Update Helper HL- HTML Executable IERuntime Java Auto Updater Java Update Laptop Integrated Webcam Driver LibreOffice Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile Microsoft Application Error Reporting Microsoft Security Client Microsoft Security Essentials Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Visual C Redistributable - x Microsoft Visual C x Redistributable - Mozilla Firefox x en-US Mozilla Maintenance Service MSVC x MSVC x MSVCRT MSXML SP Parser Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver Nokia PC Suite Nokia Software Updater Pazera Free MKV to AVI Converter Pazera Free MP to AVI Converter PC Connectivity Solution PowerDVD DX Roxio Creator Audio Roxio Creator Copy Roxio Creator Data Roxio Creator DE Roxio Creator Tools Roxio Express Labeler Roxio Update Manager Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB v Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Trader s Little Helper Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB Update for Microsoft NET Framework Client Profile KB VLC media player Webroot SecureAnywhere Windows Driver Package - Nokia Modem Windows Driver Package - Nokia Modem Windows Driver Package - Nokia pccsmcfd LegacyDriver Windows Live Communications Platform Windows Live Essentials Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant Windows Live Installer Windows Live Language Selector Windows Live Photo Common Windows Live PIMT Platform Windows Live SOXE Windows Live SOXE Definitions Windows Live UX Platform Windows Live UX Platform Language Pack WinRAR -bit Yontoo Event Viewer Messages From Past Week AM Error Service Control Manager - The Function Discovery Resource Publication service terminated with the following error - AM Error Service Control Manager - The HomeGroup Provider service depends on the Function Discovery Resource Publication service which failed to start because of the following error - PM Error Disk - The driver detected a controller error on DR PM Error BTHUSB - The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used The driver has been unloaded End Of File

A:Processor Speed is Way Down

At first glance you have a hdd with a total capacity of 112 GB with 1.025 GB of free space.

You have less than ten percent of free space, you need more free space for swap space. This will most certainly slow your computer.

I would suggest defragmenting your hdd and do the disk cleanup.

I would also suggest either deleting files and programs which you don't need, or add an external hdd to transfer your data to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483282/processor-speed-is-way-down/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Hewlitt Packard pavilion 7900. How can I find out my processor speed?

A:processor speed

start/run/type dxdiag and press enter.

the processor speed should be listed on the initial page

Or you can download this utility
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=435

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed.74572/
Relevancy 75.68%

I was wondering how to find out my processor speed? I did "dxdiag" and under process it says

AMD Athlon XP3000+, MMX, 3dnow ,~2.2ghz

so what does that mean exactly?

Relevancy 75.68%

hi

i have a notebook with intel pentium 4 3.06, ram 512 hdd 40G
running on xp pro sp 1

my question is that is my notebook running at its peak? coz when i check in my computer under properties,

it shown firstly the processor speed then on the bottom it shown 1.1 Ghz

i m running direct Ac and not from the batt. is there a reason?

A:processor speed on xp pro

Most notebooks use "speed stepping" on the processor to lower the speed until its needed, to save the heat dissipation.

Its likely that a notebook with a 3 GHz processor is actually using a "desktop" processor, and without some such ability to keep it cool it would be too hot to handle, and you could almost cook on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-on-xp-pro.304498/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a AMD XP2500+ 333FSB Barton Retail Boxed 512kb L2 Cache on a MSI KT4V motherboard which should support up to 2800+. The processor apperrs in bootup as only 1100mhz - why is this and what do I do ? Thanks.

A:amd processor speed

Your FSB is likely set incorrectly. It is likey set at 100, instead of 166Mhz. You should find this setting in the CMOS setting or on the motherboard via jumper settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-processor-speed.164766/
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm not even sure where to post this query, or if its a valid question. There is a site called PC Pit Stop. They have a test you can run that tests out our entire system. Then it prints out your results and an average for your system. It then gives you a score. The site keeps a record of your test results.
I just ran the full test. My score was 1550. Up until Nov 1st, my Processor(CPU) speeds were always over 6000 MIPS. My test scores were around 1700. From the Nov 4th test till now, the speeds are between 4500 and 4700. I don't get any flags, because I guess the test thinks thats pretty good. They show the average to be around 5500, so I'm about 83% of that value. I cannot figure out why my speed has droped off. Any suggestions?? TIA

A:Processor Speed....

Well I have been going to PcPitstop for a very long time. they have changed that test around several time and my opinion I like d the one they had before this setup. Anyways many things can effect that score. where specifically is the test falling? Internet? ram? CPU? IE? compare to you old test and narrow it down. Now have you checked if the number of background processes are increasing? Are you shutting down all running programs like messenger Antivirus ext.. while testing? post back exactly where the test is falling in what category.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed.522242/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, I was wondering a bit about the video benchmarks for processing dvd video on my dell inspiron b130 computer (powerdvd player), and if these marks are any good or not.

thanks

A:Solved: Video Benchmark(s) question - VGA Speed test

I sure it will be just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-benchmark-s-question-vga-speed-test.529299/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hope someone has an idea cos BT support was pretty useless Set up on BT Hub Wireless through different pcs vista XP and xbox If I plug in via ethernet I get the speeds I expect of about Mb if I go wireless I get about Mb So it does connect but for some reason speed next LAN speed WAN Good Solved: no to it just gets crippled Xbox connects well enough that I can see friends online but try to download anything or play a game and it s useless although does work PCs try to load a page but generally time out Line connected on Tuesday Hub installed Saturday speeds on Saturday were at about Mb wirelessly Sunday down to current wireless speeds Left it until today as BT recommend waiting days for top speeds If I unplug the ethernet cable I can briefly connect at the same speeds wirelessly Unplug Solved: Good LAN speed next to no WAN speed cable go to Google do a search and it ll give me quick results but after a couple of searches the speed drops right off again LAN connection sometimes isn t recognised and it gives me a x x x IP if I restart it ll find the for the IPv Solved: Good LAN speed next to no WAN speed IP and DNS set to automatic Solved: Good LAN speed next to no WAN speed Any ideas what else I can test or what the problem might be nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi when I boot my PC the monitor stays blank the gpu cooler runs at full speed and I get the long short beep code from bios indicating malfunctioning RAM Nonetheless the system boots but without a video signal After shutting it down and restarting the system fires up just fine and runs smooth as ever That happens only if I leave the PC turned off for some while Before that I had sudden powerlosses while playing games Therefore I replaced the PSU After that the troubles described above began The operating system is Windows bit My hardware video, starts System fans CPU speed full without at run Solved: Mobo ASUS M A -T Deluxe RAM Gb Corsair XMS CPU Phenom II X t Power Enermax Revolution W GPU Solved: System starts without video, CPU fans run at full speed XFX I have read that several others had similar Solved: System starts without video, CPU fans run at full speed issues but none could come up with a solution The best solution I found was replacing my GPU which is a PCI-E version by a GPU that uses PCI-E But that s what I d like to do least Especially since there should be no complications between PCI-E and I am desperate for suggestions Yours drsps nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

does it really matter how fast ur comp is to get a HUGE HD? or is there no limit how big your HD(s) are with ur comp speed?

A:Harddrive + processor speed

it doesn't matter as to the speed, the wall you run into is with what the BIOS will recognise. Tell us the mainboard model of the machine and we can tell you its limit and whether you might need a BIOS flash in order to reach that limit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/harddrive-processor-speed.11512/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have an AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition on an ASRock N68C-SUCC motherboard.

It is rated at 2600 MHz but every time I check it using PC Wizard I am told it is running at 1305 MHz, even when I know it is being intensively used.

Is there any way I can force it to run at 2600 MHz permanently, I appreciate it will mean a little more power use but am not worried about that.

I am sure that I have also turned off the Cool 'N Quiet feature of the motherboard.

Relevancy 74.82%

can anyone help i have a amd athlon 1800 ghz cpu but it is showing only 1200 ghz how can i change this

Relevancy 74.82%

When i updated my bios, the processor i have (Athlon 2800+) was underclocked to 1250/100 mhz. ive never overclocked my computers and im not sure whether setting it back to its default speed will mess up my computer in any way. And to set it back, what should i change my cpu multiplier to? thanks.

*I believe i have problems with AGP aperture size, and memory timings also, my AGP aperture size is 32 MB, and memory timings with PC2700 ram is RAS 7, RCD 3, and RP 3. any help on this would also be great

Relevancy 74.82%

I am looking to buy a new Dell desktop. I can upgrade my processor from 1.6 to 2.2ghz. or I can upgrade my ram from 1GB to 2GB. I can't afford to do both. Which should I choose? We don't do heavy gaming here, (unless you count my son playing Roller Coaster Tycoon). However, my daughter is an artist, and she use Adobe Photoshop Elements, Corel Painter and Paint Shop Pro. My husband and I basically just surf, email and do a few Word documents.

My other option is to not upgrade anything at all. We are choosing XP instead of Vista.

Thanks

Relevancy 74.82%

My Windows does not show the right Processor speed. It shows 1.8 for my 2.4GHz Intel Pentium 4. May be my BIOS needs an upgrade but i cant find my motherboard model (PR22-S) in VIA website or any other site. Can anyone help??

A:Slow Processor Speed

Likely, you're bios has an incorrect cpu fsb setting. I'd guess you have a 2.4ghz cpu with a 18x multiplier and a 533fsb(133x4). So in the bios it'd be 133x18=2400mhz, but if it got set to 100mhz(400fsb), it'd be 18x100, which'd be 1800mhz. If your bios has an adjustable fsb, adjust it from 100mhz(400fsb) to 133mhz(533fsb). If most of that just blew over your head, just read the above sentence, go to you bios(press f1, f2, del, or whatever your bios's key is), and look for a fsb setting(you may have to enable fsb adjustment in an option box to be allowed to change the fsb if it's grayed out). It should be set to 133mhz, but it likely is set to 100mhz if it's reporting 1.8ghz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-processor-speed.36482/
Relevancy 74.82%

Bought a used mobo chipset RAM back in Nov had a bugger of a time getting it running Finally formatted the hd and got it up Unfortunately since it s used I don t have all the documentation but I know it s an Asus AMD Athlon supposed to run at The previous owner had it at and says it should work together fine Getting into the BIOS there s an option to switch to the ghz but if I select that the computer won t boot it just hangs with a blank monitor So I reboot and swap it back to ghz in the BIOS and then it boots up fine There s no error message and we checked the jumper settings so we re not sure what the problem could be or how to fix it Tried swapping to up run will ghz 1 Getting at 1.33ghz processor only speed: out the power supply to W ATX was told this should be more than ample and that power wasn t the problem Have Maxtor HDs x DVDRom and am running WinXP Pro mobo chipset came with ATI AIW mb x AGP video card but upgraded to an nVidia GeForce x AGP although mobo is only x Couldn t get it Getting up to speed: 1.33ghz processor will only run at 1 ghz up to with either Any ideas what the conflict could be or what to try would be appreciated Was told Getting up to speed: 1.33ghz processor will only run at 1 ghz it had to be a hardware conflict or a BIOS setting but I haven t a clue where to look Thanks nbsp

A:Getting up to speed: 1.33ghz processor will only run at 1 ghz

what sort of ram/dimm do you have in it? because if it is generic, or not the specified ram, then it may cause your cpu to run at a lower frequency, ie 1ghz..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-up-to-speed-1-33ghz-processor-will-only-run-at-1-ghz.21480/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Pentium 3 700MHZ processor. But everytime I run DirectX Diagnostic
it always says I have a 550MHZ processor. Do processors just lose speed after so many years? Any information would be helpful.

A:Processor speed slowing down

Dsword said:

I have a Pentium 3 700MHZ processor. But everytime I run DirectX Diagnostic
it always says I have a 550MHZ processor. Do processors just lose speed after so many years? Any information would be helpful.Click to expand...

No, but your computer could underclock them which basically slows them down below actual speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed-slowing-down.48735/
Relevancy 74.82%

Can anybody help speed to 1.6 decreases Processor from 1.5 Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Processor speed decreases to 1.5 from 1.6 CMEII CMESys exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Common Files GMT Processor speed decreases to 1.5 from 1.6 GMT exe C WINDOWS System devldr exe C WINDOWS System GEARSEC EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files mIRC mirc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Jay Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www searchv com Processor speed decreases to 1.5 from 1.6 search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www searchv com w search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchv com w search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www searchv com w R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www searchv com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www searchv com w search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www searchv com w R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www searchv com w search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www searchv com w search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www searchv com w search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchv com w O - BHO WinShow module - CC C -AE B- -A B - BA E A - C Documents and Settings Jay Application Data winshow winshow dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CMESys quot C Program Files Common Files CMEII CMESys exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Steam C Program Files Steam Steam exe -silent O - Global Startup GStartup lnk C Program Files Common Files GMT GMT exe O - Global Startup PrecisionTime lnk C Program Files PrecisionTime PrecisionTime exe O - Global Startup Date Manager lnk C Program Files Date Manager DateManager exe O - Global Startup MSupdater exe O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net pple com bonnie us win QuickTimeInstaller exe O - DPF - E - E-A AB- D C ADFDE - http a g akamai net W win - TtzS iTunesSetup exe O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab nbsp

A:Processor speed decreases to 1.5 from 1.6

Rescan with HiJackThis and put a check next to the following. After you do so, make sure you didn't miss any entries. Now close all browser and outlook windows and click "Fix Checked". After you do so, restart your computer and then post a fresh HiJackThis log.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL =
http://www.searchv.com/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =
http:/www.searchv.com/w/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =
http://www.searchv.com/w/search.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://www.searchv.com/w/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://www.searchv.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) =

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-decreases-to-1-5-from-1-6.175254/
Relevancy 74.82%

I am wanting to upgrade my processor and i am wondering what processors and processor speed i can use. i have a g7-1279 dx notebook PC  QE121UA#ABA   [Personal Information Removed]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/what-processor-and-speed-can-i-upgrade-to/td-p/5634048
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey everyone-

I was running PCMark 2002 the other day and my scores were really low for my system (it's been running slow lately..) I have a Sony Vaio laptop GRX670, P4 2 Ghz, 512 MB RAM and a 40 GB HD. PCMark saw my clock speed as 1.17 Ghz, and Sandra sees it as 1.19 Ghz.... What's up with that? Is it really running that slow? How do I get this thing back up to speed? Thanks a ton guys, I really appreciate it!

A:Actual Processor Speed?

sounds like

time for an enema...........cleaners: spyware /registry/unnecessary files/virus you name it...........get it out of there :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/actual-processor-speed.7176/
Relevancy 74.82%

I work on a system for simulation. There are USBs plugged into the computer. If I right click properties and look at the process speed. It is showing 17.66 GHz. I never heard of a speed that fast. It is supposed to be 2.66 GHz. If i unplug the USBs then it starts up normal. after that i plug the USBs back in and there is no problem. I am thinking it is the power supply not being powerful enough on boot up. Its a 400 watt power supply and the video card alone calls for 450. we have a lot of stuff hooked up to this computer. What do you think?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-problems.828381/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all, I'm hoping you can help me out.
My setup is:
AMD 1.1 proc
256 DDR Kingston Memory
Asus A7M Motherboard

My problem is that I did a reformat last week, and now my computer reads the processor as an 850 instead of 1.1
Anyone know of a way to correct this? Hopefully without reformatting again.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Processor speed wrong

You need to change the multiplier/frequency settings in the BIOS for the processor.

Go up one step at a time, until you get to where you need to be.

If all of a sudden your computer wont boot, reset the CMOS.

**NOTE EDIT**
Reformatting should have nothing to do with it, the only thing that changes is the hard drive. What's wrong is in your BIOS. However, I'm not too familiar with that low speed processor but I'm more than certain it is a BIOS problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed-wrong.6233/
Relevancy 74.82%

This might sound stupid but no one I ve asked can give me a straight answer I recently purchased a new laptop with a Ghz Intel Core Duo processor How does the speed of this processor stack up with a regular desktop processor Let me clarify what I m asking I know that Ghz isn t the sole factor for how fast a processor is And I know a few years ago when the Pentium M with Centrino processors came Processor Speed Question out they had Ghz ratings like Ghz and such while regular Pentium Processor Speed Question processors on laptops were still listing the Ghz ratings but the Pentium M were newer Processor Speed Question and supposedly faster Processor Speed Question processors Someone had told me in the past that you can basically double the Ghz rating on the newer laptop processors and that s about the equivalent that they are running to the old style clock speeds I have no idea if this is true or not Anyhow the main reason I ask this is because I m thinking about buying Oblivion and running it on my laptop and it says you need a Ghz processor Assuming that video card Radeon Mobile x MB and my memory GB DDR Mhz are up to par can I assume that my Ghz Intel Core Duo processor T E will meet the Ghz processor requirement I m not necessarily asking specifically about Oblivion but just Ghz processor requirements in general for programs games Any insight on this would be mucho appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I have Laptop that was returned to me after a motherboard failure with Speed Processor Incorrect the ghz p processor running at ghz SiS Sandra and CPU-Z as well as the windows Info say the motherboard FSB is running at mhz or so a ghz is a multiplier with mhz I took the laptop back in person to their store and the tech guy there flashed the bios and swapped the processor he put old one back in after both of which did not fix the problem The tech guy said he needed to contact the supplier of the laptop who are Elite group they replaced the motherboard on this to who may know what to do The bios does not allow for any changes to the multiplier and FSB i was told that most modern motherboards automatically set these speeds When Booting the info screen that pops up says ghz p cpu so motherboard detects it correctly The bios version is NoteBios release motherboard model according to Sandra is a SIS DX which has a max FSB of x though it states that this FSB is running at x I am running Windows Xp professional Ver Service pack So as you can see Incorrect Processor Speed a most perplexing problem if anyone has any idea on what the issue might be i would love to hear them Thanks nbsp

A:Incorrect Processor Speed

what does sandra tell you the rated speed of the processor is? your mobo may support 533 FSB but you may have a 2.4 Ghz 400mhz fsb chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/incorrect-processor-speed.7048/
Relevancy 74.82%

Yeah hi, I have a question- Which would run faster/more efficiently, a Pentium M processor running at 2.0 GHz, or a Core Duo running at 1.6 GHz, and which one would you recommend? Both the same RAM too. Thanks!

Relevancy 74.82%

Other than CPUID, is there any utility out there that will tell you your true Processor speed (NOT the the Manufacturers rating) ??????

Thanx in Advance

A:True Processor Speed

this seems to work pretty well i used this to compare my rig when i overclocked it

CPU Speed Pro Software - CPU Benchmark Ranking, CPU Comparison and Processor Speed Test. Stress Test the REAL speed of your Intel or AMD CPU

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/132183-true-processor-speed.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Thanks for looking guys, i'm buying this processor :

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148005/show_product_specifications?spectype=extended

What Ram speed would this match with? Thanks alot

A:3600Mhz FSB processor. What ram speed?

DDR2 1066 is good for AM2+ Phenoms. Make sure both the CPU and the RAM you're getting is compatible with your motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3600mhz-fsb-processor-what-ram-speed.794065/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi this is Nikhil I have a problem regarding my processor Cyrix MII Problem Speed Processor My BIOS American Megatrends was password protected I came across this utility which removed my BIOS password I was new to BIOS and there were many settings which were unknown to me There was this setting called quot optimum settings quot which I saved When I rebooted my PC there was warning telling me that my CPU speed had changed I panicked and entered a CPU speed of quot PR quot I don t know actual speed of my processor The warning then did not show up the next time I booted my PC Now I came across this help document telling me that the bus speed of Cyrix is Mhz and only few motherboards and chipsets support it I have VIA chipset and I don t know which motherboard I have I am in a fix I have heard that overclocking and under-clocking have same negative effect on the processor So should I change my bus speed to I haven t got any problems with bus speed and Processor Speed Problem Mhz Also I would like to know if there is any utility that calculates the actual speed of processor independent of the BIOS information nbsp

A:Processor Speed Problem

Try the link below, lots of proggies to check cpu, sorry, don't know which work with your type of processor, guess a little trial and error will find out.
http://www.tweakfiles.com/processor/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-problem.34840/
Relevancy 74.82%

I recently bought a used computer from my girlfriend's work. It is a Dell Dimensio 8100 with a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz and 128 Mb RAM (working on XP). The computer was completely wiped out with just XP and office installed. I realize this is not the ideal RAM to be running XP on, but it seems to be fine for just opening and using the internet (which is really all I'll be using it for). However, I came into some issues while opening video. For example, I was on youtube.com and tried to open a video, but i waited over 10 minutes before I gave up. Is this result of the slow processor or the lack of RAM? I read that increasing RAM to 512 might not even help with video if the Pentium is so slow. Should I just give up on it and just use it for simple internet use, or will upgrading the RAM help me with my problems?

A:Help With New Computer Ram Vs. Processor Speed!

It to me sounds like you use a dial up connection?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51997/help-with-new-computer-ram-vs-processor-speed/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello nbsp I have a Lenovo G - Core i laptop I started getting these events in windows factory installed usually after the system goes into idle for a while edit and at every computer startup nbsp The speed of group speed x The be... is x in - of G50-70 processor processor in group is G50-70 - The speed of processor x in group x is be... being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report I upgraded my bios to the latest v http support lenovo com us en products Laptops-and-netbooks Lenovo-G-Series-laptops G - -Noteboo nbsp and then upgraded to windows then I did a clean installation of windows with no lenovo software just microsoft auto installed all the drivers the PC barely does anything usually the CPU temps are around - HWiNFO and the laptop is always cool nbsp but to my surprise the errors started coming back I read this error has something to do with Intel SpeedStep or some power managment config in BIOS but the BIOS is very minimal and has no options even remotely related to those nbsp what's going on how can I fix this - nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-70-The-speed-of-processor-x-in-group-x-is-being-limited-by/td-p/3315134