Windows Support Forum

Need help locating hardware fault

Q: Need help locating hardware fault

Sorry for writing a novel as a first post It all started with my PC running slow on the gaming frontier I forked out for a new gig stick of RAM and all was well until my PC had random complete shutdowns Entire power off no warning nothing like oldschool pc shutdowns bam off so I had a look inside the case to see fault locating Need hardware help if there was anything obvious like if I had bumped something but I accidentally hit the voltage switch and blew the PSU Next day I got a new off the shelf Need help locating hardware fault Thermaltake w everything was fine again until I started getting screen garble Big Florescent pink and green lines on a white back ground with an offset square where the mouse was So I tinkered with graphics settings and all but it still continued So next day I bought a new Radeon X Pro I don t have a question I m just bragging lt Kidding Need help locating hardware fault gt I threw in an old Gb HDD at the same time as the Vid card and again all was going well until I started playing UT and the sound goes funkadelic three distinct different tones repeating over and over I shut down the PC at the PSU and Need help locating hardware fault restart but it wont go further than post It comes through with Clockspeed and memory count but wouldn t go further I disconnected the old HDD and it went past post and seems fine The real question is Where could the real fault be and the point of origin What could I have done to the machine could the PSU have spiked other hardware Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access Are there likely to be any further faults Has anyone had this happen before nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Need help locating hardware fault

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Need help locating hardware fault

1. Where could the real fault be, and the point of origin?: Well you replaced everything apart from the motherboard and RAM so they would be your best bets. Download memtest and test your RAM for a while with it. Not the Windows version but the DOS version. I think it is on Hirens boot CD. Also on the Ultimate boot CD wich you should be able to find through google

2. What could I have done to the machine, could the PSU have spiked other hardware?

Did you insult your computer or look at it **** eyed? It is not likely that the PSU spiked the hardware but it is more possible that the amount of amps that came through the PSU was to much for the rest of the components to handle

3. Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access?

Well the harddrive is a mechanical object. The more you push it the harder it works. The harder it works the more likely it is apparent to develop problems but this would only happen with a damaged or extremely old harddrive

4. Are there likely to be any further faults?

Well it is still not working correctly so you still have problems. The fact that that the motherboard beeps is an indication that something is upsetting your BIOS. It is quite possible that the motherboard is damaged. Or at least that your computer is overheating

5. Has anyone had this happen before?

I have had all of these problems but not all at once. Now this is a novel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-locating-hardware-fault.605718/
Relevancy 55.47%

I run Windows XP HE and get the blue screen of death and a message that my PHYSICAL memory is dumping to disk. I then see numbers ascending, I just switch off, this is the only way I can escape !

Every time I reboot it checks the disks for errors but gets ALMOST all the way through then HANGS. To overcome this I simply reboot again and it is ok.

I am worried that this DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK will keep happening. Maybe even when I am away from my pc with disastrous results. It just suddenly happens with no warning. I no longer feel I can just leave my pc on unless I am watching it all the time. Very frustrating with broadband

In addition when I boot up I get an error message that the CPU is unworkable, hitting F1 gets me in ok.

A:Is it a hardware fault or O/S ?

Sounds like you have some serious hardware issues.

The "dumping physical memory to disk" is fine, all its doing is recording to disk a copy of the contents of the memory, for use by a Tech in diagnosing the problem (maybe...)

Its not harmful, its just writing a file.

Sounds like you need some physical hands on Tech Service on the PC though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-o-s.224868/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have fault or hardware Virus a problem with either a repeating c key or it doesn t work at all i have to opy and paste it all the time I m unsure if it s a virus thing or maybe just a hardware fault but it doesn t happen in safe mode so I m leaning toward the former DDR doesn t seem to run on my laptop i just get a window explaining that it s non invasive et and when that disappears nothing else happens Below are the hijak this amp gmer logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Virus or hardware fault svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Connect BecHelperService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Virus or hardware fault Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System SnoopFreeSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS SnoopFreeUI exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXE C Program Files Zoom CnxDslTb exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files PPLiveNetwork PPAP exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone this Hardware My Fault A PC Help On Need Diagnosing is my first post on techspot so be nice My problem is that i started my pc up earlier today and i was prompted with a bios screen asking if i wanted to boot windows normally safe mode or from last known good configuration I chose last known good configuration My pc then restarted and nothing displayed on the monitor so i turned it off and back on and nothing displayed again Anyways im at the point where no matter how many times i try the display will not show The pc sounds as though it starts up but wont load the bios screen I have tried motherboards switching over all the components thinking it was a faulty motherboard eventhough it had worked the previous day I get Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC the exact same problem with this motherboard too I have Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC disconnected all the drives and i still get the same problem My PSU Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC is an antec w which is only several weeks old so i wouldnt say it was a problem with it not supplying enough power to the motherboard The motherboard does not beep at all either So i have no way of finding out whats wrong with it I have left it unpowered and removed the bios battery several times but no change Also my dvd rom will not open whilst connected to either motherboard it will only open when i remove the IDE cable and run it only with power The computer doesnt even show anything with the dvd drive disconnected either I have also tried reinstalling the ram but if it was the ram then the motherboard would beep right My only guess is that it could be the cpu but the fan powers up and there is no bleeps from the motherboard indicating this I would really appreciate any help that you can give And before you ask all the cables have been connected properly Specs are amd dual core skt ASUS a v-nm and the SE motherboard was the original one gb mhz kingston ram gb SATA seagate HDD Empire DVD Writer Geforce gt Antec w PSU Thanks for reading this by the way and thanks in advance to all the replies Its really frustrating lol Ryan nbsp

A:Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC

It looks to me that you have done a very thorough job of fault diagnosis and i agree with your conclusion that the fault could well be with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-diagnosing-a-hardware-fault-on-my-pc.89046/
Relevancy 55.04%

I sometimes spend a long time diagnosing certain faults on a PC/Laptop. Is it RAM, HDD, Mobo etc etc, until I pin down the exact faulty piece of a computer. I have been looking into diagnostic kits to try and save me some time, They seem to vary in price from 30-1500. They all claim to be able to diagnose the exact hardware fault of a PC or laptop. My questions are, does anyone have any experience of these kits, if so do they actually work? And can anyone recommend a particular brand/model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-fault-diagnostic.1139570/
Relevancy 55.04%

OK the C key on my keyboard seems to have developed a life of its own Sometimes it won't work at all sometimes when typing it repeats amp repeats the only way to stop it is to hit ctrl amp alt at the same time This only happens with the C key If there isn t a text window open then two of the icons on the desktop flash repeatedly one is pdf file one is a powerpoint file Again only way to stop it fault? Malware hardware or seems to be ctrl amp alt at the same Malware or hardware fault? time scanned with Avira nothing shows same with malwarebytes I use both of these regularly DDS wouldn't execute on my laptop I just get a DOS window opening that Malware or hardware fault? reminds me to turn off script blockers what are they tells me it's non invasive won't take longer than minutes and that a log will be produced but then that window disappears and nothing else happens The GMER log seemed togo ok and Malware or hardware fault? is zipped amp attached Did all the above with AV etc disabled

Relevancy 55.04%

dropped the lappy and now all i get is the

we appoligise for the inconvience but windows did not start succesfully a recent hardware change might have caused this

then goes on start normally or safe mode etc,

it does not boot in anything

Can you please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/posible-hardware-fault.886645/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Right now I BSOD: Fault ?? Hardware am trying my best to keep my laptop running while I am posting this thread I have been victimized by relentless blue screens which I suspect is a result of some hardware problem I initially thought this was a Windows and or Virus problem BSOD: Hardware Fault ?? I posted a thread as well http forums techguy org virus-oth -extreme-system-slowdown-blue-screens htm l but I recently formatted and reinstalled Windows but the blue screens keep coming back I am using IBM Thinkpad R a model so pretty old by now It runs Intel Centrino GHz proc GB IDE hard disk it initially came with MB RAM but I upgraded it to GB Windows XP SP Here are the problems I am facing since last one month Extreme system slowdown while running two or MS Office files or Outlook or even two tabs on Google Chrome The mouse pointer tends to get stuck while moving on the screen as if my system is busy even when Task manager shows system usage between to times I face a slowdown I end up with a blue screen it mostly says something like A critical process thread has been stopped to stop further damage and a few error codes are X F X X A F DA X A C C X A CB C though the error codes change every time Also at times I get a blue screen while boot up that says Unmountable Disk and while running Windows I see Unknown Hard Error I showed my laptop to someone and he predicted that the MB RAM was causing the trouble and took it out but it still did not solve the problem The problem occurs instantly if I move my laptop from my desk to another location i e the moment I move it I get a blue screen I did run a memtest and it returned no errors Can anyone please help me figure out what s the problem I am living with it for more than a month now and its frustrating Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD: Hardware Fault ??

If moving it causes that kind of issue - I'd be looking at loose connections. DVD drive connection, AC adapter connections, Hard Drive connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-hardware-fault.949929/
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently I took delivery of a new PC Intel Pentium quot LGA Prescott quot GHz FSB with HT Technology Asus P AD Premium X LGA Motherboard Western is - or hardware Serious software it problem fault a ? Digital Caviar Special Edition GB JB ATA- MB Cache AOpen H A Super Tower W Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ? PSU Corsair MB DDR XMS - Pro Windows XP Pro already owned Everything was going fine until I connected to the net for the first time and got a virus that made the pc keep restarting itself and freezing up the net As a result of this I decided to reformat the hard drive and start from scratch nothing unusual there yes but as I had never reformatted before I by mistake tried to reinstall Windows via desktop instead of reformatting the hard drive first and that is where the problems began when I tried to reformat the hard drive like i should have done in the first place my pc kept refusing saying that there were programs already running the virus I guess Now when I try and install Windows via boot up it comes up with the following error message every time that I try and install Windows via boot up stop x b xf c xc x x This also happens if I change over hard drives so it can t be a hard drive problem BIOS update has also been installed so that is running normally So is it a a faulty XP disc b a problem with the motheboard c a system virus I need to know as it simply won t let me install Windows even after reformat or switching drives nbsp

A:Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ?

Sounds like the computer is not booting of the CD. You need to go into the BIOS setup when the computer first turns on, usually press F2 or DEL, and find the Boot Order. Make sure the Boot Order has the CD-ROM in the sequence before the hard drive. Then save and exit. Now when the computer starts with the XP CD in the drive it should come up and ask you to press any key to boot off the CD which is what you want to do. Then follow the onscreen instructions. You will probably want to do a new/clean install of XP so you will want to format the drive when asked.

Here's some installation guides:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/installxphome1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-software.280252/
Relevancy 54.18%

HI THERE i'm really disappointed i got blue screen amp blue screen error several time a day since MONTHS I loaded WINDBG to BSOD FAULT disk SRV.SYS & IN WITH hardware read my last BSOD there were'nt same i mean this is the Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F fffffa b fffffa b fffff dc d Probably caused by hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg fffffa b Terminating object Arg fffffa b Process image file name BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT Arg fffff dc d Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ PROCESS OBJECT fffffa b IMAGE NAME hardware disk DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe EXCEPTION RECORD fffff c b -- exr xfffff c b ExceptionAddress e f ExceptionCode c In-page I O error ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter fefd fd a Parameter c e Inpage operation failed at fefd fd a due to I O error c e EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - L CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - L EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER fefd fd a EXCEPTION PARAMETER c e IO ERROR NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n EXCEPTION STR xc c e FAULTING IP a e f BUGCHECK STR xF IOERR C E FOLLOWUP IP a fe fd fd a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware disk STACK COMMAND kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v And the Second Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffff fc f ffffffffc e b fffff eed Probably caused by srv sys srv TerminateServer Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR a The requested page of kernel data could not be read in Typically caused by a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error Also see KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR If the error status is xC E xC C xC D or xC it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure If the error status is xC A then it means the request failed because a filesystem failed to make forward progress Arguments Arg fffff fc f lock type that was held value or PTE address Arg ffffffffc e error status normally i o status code Arg b current process virtual address for lock type or PTE Arg fffff eed virtual address that could not be in-paged or PTE contents if arg is a PTE address Debugging Details ------------------ ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n DISK HARDWARE ERROR There was error with disk hardware BUGCHECK STR x a c e CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME fffff bd -- trap xfffff bd NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax ff b rbx rcx fffff a d b rdx fffffa d eb rsi rdi rip fffff eed rsp fffff bd e rbp r r r fffffa d r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz ac po cy srv SrvCloseShare fffff eed fff push rbx Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff afa to fffff a STACK TEXT fffff bd fffff afa a fffff fc f ffffffff c e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bd fffff a b fffffa e fffff bd b fffff c fffff b nt FNODOBFM string' x c e fffff bd fffff aa c ffffffff ffffffff nt MiIssueHardFault x b fffff bd f fffff a e fffff a d b fffff a d b nt MmAccessFault x c fffff bd fffff eed fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b nt KiPageFault x e fffff bd e fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b f srv SrvCloseShare fffff bd f fffff f e fffffa b f df fffff c a f fffffa d ... Read more

A:BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT

Oh, you're not dead yet

Hello and welcome to TSF.

At a glance, it looks like you're having some problems with memory management. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-with-srv-sys-and-hardware-disk-in-fault-553145.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay so in the last couple of weeks about of my Constant fault? - Corruption Hardware downloads will not install or extract due to file corruption Even legitimate downloads from legitimate websites I ve reinstalled windows and formatted the entire hard drive several times and even ran a Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? legitimate copy of XP and Windows and I am still experiencing the same problems Not only this but many of my programs will crash or not even open such as MSN Firefox and others I ve got a Seagate GB Barracuda internal HDD and I ve ran some SeaTools scans and they seem fine I ve also swapped out the SATA cable connecting it to my motherboard The trouble is it is one of those really irritating problems that you can t specify as being one thing because so many things are irritating me I ve Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? got no problems with speeds or anything it has no problem running programs that work just they will crash regularly My hardware is Host Name JOE-PC OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Version N A Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration Standalone Workstation OS Build Type Multiprocessor Free Registered Owner Joe Registered Organization Product ID -OEM- - Original Install Date System Boot Time System Manufacturer Winfast System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor s Processor s Installed x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Phoenix Technologies LTD W P Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume System Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Input Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Time Zone UTC Dublin Edinburgh Lisbon London Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Virtual Memory Max Size MB Virtual Memory Available MB Virtual Memory In Use MB Page File Location s C pagefile sys Domain WORKGROUP Logon Server JOE-PC Hotfix s Hotfix s Installed KB KB KB KB KB KB Network Card s NIC s Installed Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Connection Name Local Area Connection DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server IP address es fe a b ab d cd My motherboard http www foxconnchannel com Product Motherboards detail overview aspx id en-us I m running Windows Ultimate bit at the moment I did recently install a GB stick of RAM but with several tools I can confirm that it is exactly the same as the other stick and it is properly inserted and functioning Do i need to update some drivers or something I am honestly clueless nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m having some issues with my PC and i am not sure what is wrong i have exhausted what knowledge i have to be honest A couple of weeks ago i was using my HDD related, Fault. Hardware maybe not? Unknown Maybe PC same as always and i got a crash i dont remember the exact nature Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? now but Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i restarted the PC and when i did i was greeted with a black screen with a flashing cursor when i tried to boot I fiddled around with my hard drive configuration at this point disabling one then the other to see if Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i could get the GRUB loader to appear This didnt work but when i put both drives back in as they were before i could access GRUB again but it would throw up error Makes sense i messed around with the drive positioning so grub would be a bit confused It s from this point that things went really wrong I used a LIVE ubuntu CD to try and repair grub but found that my GB HDD was actually inaccessible due to a bad superblock Further inspection showed that both my HDD s were showing some level of corruption I ran SEATOOLS on both my drives in the hopes that at least an error code would get me an RMA The GB drive passed fine first time The GB drive did not it failed the long test due to some corrupt LBA s that it corrected It has passed the long test twice now without error I decided at this point just to cut my losses reformat the drives and start over This went relatively painlessly and once i was setup in ubuntu i got a reminder that my HDDs were failing This feature is notoriously over sensitive though so i investigated further The GB drive had reallocated sectors that were not present before and the GB drive has pending sector rewrites as well as uncorrectable errors also not present before I have been monitoring the drives since and there has been no increase in damage over the last couple of weeks I assume they both took some damage in the crash but have no idea how My issues now have become more pronounced In windows my mouse will slow down under periods of heavy usage and freeze or lag a lot Sometimes i boot up and my USB devices kb mouse wif dish need to be reconnected before windows will detect them When the mouse is lagging the computer also slows to an absolute crawl and becomes unusable whilst this is occuring Performance in d games has plummeted too my fps jumps widly from the maximum amount i know i should be getting all the way down to around a quarter of its full speed So what has happened My operating systems are both on the GB drive the one i figured had taken the least amount of damage I cant RMA these drives without a seatools code so am stuck with them for a while besides if the manufacturers tool passes them fine then they cant be that damaged right Are all the problems indicitive of hard drive errors I m thinking whatever caused my drives to frazzle in the first place might be responsible here All help appreciated sorry for long post nbsp

A:Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not?

Update:

Tried extracting an archive on the 250GB drive, went at 16MB/s, lagged my computer out like crazy and i had to forcibly close the extraction. Copied the files to my 320GB (copied at full speed btw) and extracted there at 40MB/s with no impact on my PC performance whatsoever.

Seems fairly obvious then that my 250GB is simply screwed? Is there anything i can do here? SMART only shows 34 reallocated sectors out of 36 that were available for remapping leaving 2 spare sectors still, it should not be behaving like this, should it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-hardware-fault-maybe-hdd-related-maybe-not.911131/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

Was getting the following error: "Hardware ID Missing, Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the ATA Controller 0"

To date I have carried out the following actions with no success:

1. Removed DVD and re-connected
2. Deleted ATA Controller 0 in Manage Device Manager and rebooted
3. Installed the latest driver and rebooted
4. Removed all motherboard connections and re-connected
5. Purchased replacement DVD drive and replaced

The DVD opens/closes correctly. When I boot into BIOS the DVD is present but listed as this in the Boot Menu:

CD/DVD \S[TKozp)CLD^D_ \S-L>3:H(-(PM)

God only knows what that means, but could be a good clue!!!

If anyone could please help it would be appreciated, many thanks in advance..

Rik

System:

Toshiba Satellite P200D-128
Vista 32 Bit
2GB RAM
Processor AMD Turion 64x2

A:Hardware ID Missing fault with DVD drive, even when replaced DVD.

Try the following two Fix It tools.

Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212297-hardware-id-missing-fault-dvd-drive-even-when-replaced-dvd.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi folks My brother s computer recently bit the dust while he was at work much to my chagrin he leaves it hardware fault of BSODs assumed...? Variety - running almost continuously for no particularly reason Variety of BSODs - hardware fault assumed...? and in trying to fix it I ve uncovered various BSODs which come and go but invariably full XP refuses to load It dies either whilst loading or when you attempt to log in Safe mode boots but only after I already tinkered with a few things The spec is as follows Athlon FX GB RAM Leadtek GT GB Maxtor Asus A V Initially the computer wouldn t boot to XP at all but having disabled all but two of the USB ports underclocked the CPU multiplier to x and unplugged the DVD drive a CD writer remains safe mode now seems largely stable I was able to run a disk defrag but when networking is enabled it BSODs I ve run memtest and it comes up negative for errors I it continuously overnight and apparently no problems Some of the BSODs are NDIS sys nv mini sys USBPORT sys Haven t seen USBPORT sys since disabling most of the usbs and NDIS seems to be the most common cause combined with the added instability of network safe mode could the onboard LAN be at fault Otherwise I m suspicious it might be a PSU problem as this would explain the variety of errors and apparently unfaulty RAM Looking in the BIOS setup the VCORE seems to be fluctuating a little but having never checked before I don t know if this is normal The readings are as follows VCORE V -- gt V V -- gt V V -- gt Any suggestions as to how I might further test anything would be much appreciated Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I ve been really suffering and cursing my laptop When I attach an external monitor under + fault this atikmdag I covered - am software or is hardware? warranty? it will work fine - for a while And then it will just crash If I don t yank out the external monitor cable in time - I see the dreaded bluescreen of atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? death Today the same thing happened - but I noticed in the bubble from system tray mention atikmdag I googled and it atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? seems I am not alone - atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? there are millions and billions of people suffering from the same problem The thing is tooo much information I couldn t figure out head or tail of what exactly the cause and solution was Many links say that it could be based on a zillion different thing and to each of these there are different solutions Firstly is it hardware or software Secondly can I make a claim against my warranty I have a Dell laptop and am years into a year warranty - so I m still covered I would add I have updated the latest graphics driver from Dell - doesn t solve problem And also I thought I d mention I rebuild my laptop every days and make sure all Windows and Virus updates are in place - so it ALWAYS is a fresh new laptop - just mentioning this to dismiss the fact that it could be a Windows problem Any replies would be great Thanks OM nbsp

A:atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty?

The ATI driver that is being blamed in the error pop up is for your graphics card but it could mean that your card is failing.

When you say "I rebuild my laptop every 30 days" what exactly do you do and what software are you using.

Windows and all Anti Virus software can be set to automatically update so you should not need to check either of them.

Follow this to post a few of the latest minidumps from the BSOD's so they can be analysed.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmdag-fault-is-this-software-or-hardware-am-i-covered-under-warranty.1007508/
Relevancy 53.32%

This crash started out of the blue for no apparent reason I generally find that leaving one side of my case open helps to keep my PC freezes/crashes) WHEA-Logger Hardware fault (W7 cooler than when the case is WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault closed and sealed I have the case closed atm I did have a noisy PSU which was slightly respositioned but other than this I am sure nothing else could be the cause The only thing I did with the PSU was to adjust the casing screws so it no longer vibrated And I do have my doubts about the PSU being at fault here This error crash has only showed up months later after adjusting the PSU If the problem consists and no one here is able to help resolve this then I will go back to Vista Ultimate and see if the problems showup there Also FYI this PC has never had nor ever will be overclocked Copied from Event Viewer Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Log nbsp Name span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB System br Source span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color - span span style color BB Windows span span style color - span span style color BB WHEA span span style color - span span style color BB Logger br Date span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB br Event nbsp ID span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br Task nbsp Category span span style color nbsp span span style color BB None br Level span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Error br Keywords span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br span span style color BB User span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB LOCAL nbsp SERVICE br Computer span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - span span style color BB office span span style color - span span style color BB PC br Description span span style color br span span style color BB A nbsp fatal nbsp hardware nbsp error nbsp has nbsp occurred span span style color br span span style color BB Reported nbsp by nbsp component span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Processor nbsp Core br Error nbsp Source span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Machine nbsp Check nbsp Exception br Error nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Internal nbsp Timer nbsp Error br Processor nbsp ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br The nbsp details nbsp view nbsp of nbsp this nbsp entry nbsp contains nbsp further nbsp information span span style color br span span style color BB Event nbsp Xml span span style color br lt span span style color BB Event nbsp xmlns span span style color span span style color DD http schemas microsoft com win events event span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB System span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Provider nbsp Name span span style color span span style color DD Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger nbsp span span style color BB Guid span span style color span span style color DD C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED nbsp span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Level span span style color gt sp... Read more

A:WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault

Please read this article: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

In particular, test your RAM, Video card, and make sure your temps are okay using Speedfan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85976-whea-logger-w7-freezes-crashes-hardware-fault.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an HP 8100 elite that keeps bsod. i ran the driver verifier and attached are the zipped results.

How to I read the log files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-hardware-fault-driver-verifier-run-588143.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey this is my first time posting here but I'm familiar with BSOD's fault. hardware during Windows bootup, suspecting forums and such Well I might as well describe my problem I have a HP Pavilion dv ca laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium CPU AMD Turion X GHz Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go M RAM Gb DDR Well Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault. this all started out a few weeks ago I was busy doing my normal stuff browsing the web talking to my friends on Skype and listening to music in iTunes when I get a notification for an update to bring iTunes up to I did the update and the process went smoothly But then things started to go horribly wrong for me During the reboot sequence Vista blue screened and went into autorestart Unfortunately I was unable to make out what the message said During POST everything was fine but when Vista tried to boot up I chose start Windows Normally when it gave me the option to it blue screened yet again during this bootup and restarted So in a rut I quickly hit f and managed to get into boot options Naturally I tried to get into safe mode BUT that's when things started to get weird It tried to boot but I got absolutely no GUI at all Explorer exe somehow didn't load up properly or anything My mouse was working as the pointer was up and I could move it around and everything but behind it was just a black screen Nothing else at all Frustrated I hard rebooted and did a system restore BUT during the restore I chose a restore point that was set the day before it gave me a message saying that the restore point could not be used please use another one That was an odd one So I fiddled around with the different restore points until I found a good one that was set before the iTunes install But then this is when things got really weird Windows finally managed to boot properly and I could get into my desktop But then I noticed that the internet wasn't connecting I tried to connect manually but Windows kept saying that the dependency group service could not be started This was getting a little odd So I tried to start it manually by going into My Computer BUT when I tried to do that Windows told me that it couldn't start it up at all and then afterwards I got BSOD' yet again Frustrated and going through a horrible anxiety attack my schoolwork and personal files are on this laptop here and I'm not one for backing up on a regular basis I tried doing another system restore THIS time it seemed to have worked out ok cause now the services had managed to get working again I'm typing this up right now on said laptop because everything's stable at the moment However I'm suspecting that Windows won't boot up right if I do a restart and go through the whole cycle yet again leaving me in an anxious mess Since I have no idea where the BSOD report dump is I checked the reliability monitor and it gave me this http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part So finally my question is what just happened How did iTunes do this DID iTunes do this Is my computer still properly stable Is a Vista reinstall in my future I need some help making sense out of my situation I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this

A:Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

UPDATE: A friend of mine that's CompTIA A+ Certified took a look at the computer finally and ran some memtests; turns out that there was a bad stick of RAM that was doing this. I'm grabbing another 1 gig stick during the weekend, so that'll be fine now.

This topic can now be closed. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-bsods-during-bootup-suspecting-hardware-fault-309627.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, and thank you for taking your time to help me

So each night I take my computer along with monitors etc. out of the power plug in the wall.
When I but the power plug back in to start the computer up, my keyboard instantly powers on, the same goes with my two monitors.
When I then turn on the computer nothing really happens. All of the fans and lights turn on (The MoBo fan spins insanely), but nothing comes on the monitor screen. The monitors keeps searching for a unit but won't find the computer.

Sometimes after waiting a few minutes the screen suddenly shows the startup of windows and I can use it normally.

I think it's an hardware related problem but I'm not entirely sure.
I use windows 10.

Hope you can help me
Johan, Denmark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boot-problems-suspect-hardware-fault.1169961/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I've installed Windows Ultimate bit on a HP Pavilion Laptop model dv eu by backing up my work and formatting the HDD The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to get the Nvidia Graphics driver to work I downloaded the most recent driver for the Nvidia Geforce Go from Nvidia site and I get the blue screen so I have now uninstalled the driver and gone back to standard VGA I have also searched this forum and I came across the following thread which assisted Geforce fault? Hardware 7600 re Software Go or Nvidia me in the past with a Sony Vaio laptop NVIDIA Driver - Convert from Desktop to Mobile Laptop I followed the instructions outlined but I still get a blue screen on this HP laptop I also get red green vertical lines on the boot Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 screen but it goes away when the quot Starting quot graphic appears with the windows logo I can still log into windows using the Standard VGA driver which windows installs but I would like to get the Nvidia driver to work I think there is a physical problem with the Graphics card but then why am I able to login to Windows Can anyone advise please Thanks in advance

A:Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600

I have a dv9720us and it has the Geforce 7150M/nforce 630M graphics using version 179.67 for windows Vista 64 bit drivers, because the Windows 7 64 bit are beta.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/151735-hardware-software-fault-re-nvidia-geforce-go-7600-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i'm having trouble with a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. when i try to start it, i get a blue screen with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", etc.

i can't get it to boot fully to a desktop screen in normal mode or in safe mode. so i dont have a HJT log or any other log. is it possible this is a malware/trojan issue or is it a RAM problem?

i am able to get to the windows log-in box but then it briefly (1 or 2 seconds) shows the desktop and i get the error message above.

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-or-hardware-problem-page-fault-nonpaged.790558/
Relevancy 52.46%

ive been experiencing need identifying part fault; help the random hardware BSODs, suspected random BSODs since some - weeks first just a few came random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part up then suddenly stopped for more than a random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part week and then started again i have done lots of HDD RAM amp video memory checks and neither indicated any damage to these parts but since the BSODs are all memory-related i random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part suspect it to be the CPU memory controller or something between the CPU and the RAM or maybe the chipset or the connection between the RAM slots and the motherboard one symptom that is very special is that occasionally usually right after a crash one of my RAM modules doesnt get detected anymore of course i tried reseating them both using just one in each slot and using totally different RAM modules just to exclude the chance that the RAM modules or one of the two slots became defective regarding the BSODs the majority is error B with atikmdag sys however after having completely removed all AMD software and drivers and registry keys and installed a previous version of CCC and the GPU driver which used to work perfectly before having installed the most recent one beta and before the BSODs started to occur the BSODs reoccured so it definitely is not related to the GPU drivers but they just seem to be the first to suffer from the errors my suspicion regarding the CPU memory controller or something on the motherboard is strenghtened by the fact that this notebook has always had major heat issues due to its internal design just one fan and suboptimal placement of the hottest parts inside so i fear the heat might have caused damage mostly around - C sometimes when stressed very much like during gaming the CPU throttles when reaching C and the GPU when reaching C ive been cleaning the inside of the notebook regularily each - weeks since ive gotten it years ago and already repasted the CPU amp GPU times about months in between last time was end of may which may suggest that something went wrong last time i did the repasting job usually after repasting the temps went down noticeably and only after some - months i needed to blow the inside and maybe clean it a bit for the first time the specs are following windows ultimate bit sp custom freshly installed right after purchase so no OEM OS and no upgrade HP Envy D ea notebook i qm ATI mobility radeon gb kingston hyperx ram x gb seagate momentus xt gb HD i know there is almost certainly no hope for this notebook anymore but since there is no real alternative i would be willing to buy at the moment i would like to keep it alive for some additional months if anyhow possible then id go for a HP zbook mobile wirkstation so maybe if we can narrow the issue down to a single part i might be able to buy this exact part and replace it if eg a new CPU would do it just to prolong the notebook for these months this would be great btw the notebook is not completely dead now i am writing this thread from it and i can mostly avoid any BSODs by just not stressing it too much by browsing too many windows tabs etc surprisingly when gaming it only crashed once so i think the stress and heat that gaming produces is not the right one to produce the errors but having several browser windows open and eg a youtube video this almost certainly crashes after a while i am uploading the jcgriff folder perfmon report and additionally most of the minidumps ive saved from the last weeks so you can see that it is not restricted to a specific driver there you can also see the dates of the minidumps and how there was a gap with no errors for more than a week note i have no full memory dumps because of limited space on my primary partition why i neither have system managed page file on my c partition if really needed i can turn it on temporarily so a full memory... Read more

A:random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part

although i am quite sure this is a hardware issue, not a software/driver one, ive been running the driver verifier for some time now, and got some BSODs, so i am uploading them here now as well.

though as already said, i doubt this will help further, since the BSODs i get do not always recognize a driver, sometimes its just memory fault with no service identified, or in rare cases the system just turns off without a blue screen.

note: ive had the driver verifier select all installed drivers automatically, and not just non-microsoft ones, since quite often system kernel files such as win2k.sys are the ones mentioned in the BSOD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-suspected-hardware-fault-need-help-identifying-the-part-859185.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi The problem is a mix of BSOD s and freezes I only noticed the error message on the BSOD a couple of times which was quot page fault in non-paged area quot with a reference to the file win k sys It then started a memory dump and rebooted on completion Attached is the minidump file and and in fault with install Page hardware new BSOD area non-paged a txt document with the error codes The machine is new I built it last September - specs below with Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware Vista -bit SP It had been running absolutely fine since a week ago when I swapped my old Seagate hard drive out and put in the current drives and installed them in RAID Initially I thought that it was the RAID config or drivers and have since done several Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware reinstalls However same probs kept occurring I was Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware also worried that my system might be underpowered and that the nd hd was just slightly too much I ve consequently also reinstalled everything on one of the hard drives and disconnected the other as it is now but still the same problems I can t help feeling that it s hardware-related and am on the verge of buying a higher-powered PSU I ve run Memtest a couple of times to coverage no errors Have Kaspersky Internet Security installed fully updated and nothing detected just now after a full scan Hope you can help Am desperately trying to do my work on this machine Thanks Specs Asus P Q motherboard Intel C D E stock Geil Black Dragon GB MHz dual channel Powercolor HD PCS Mb x GB Seagate currently x DVDRW Corsair VX W several fans EDIT Another crash just now but this time the screen went haywire with lots of colours and lines - no BSOD or anything else Wasn t doing anything stressful just IE Could the video card be damaged Had the processor running lightly overclocked before Christmas and tried it with Crysis - could this have pushed the PSU to beyond limits nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have an ADSL modem router combo device ZyXel Prestige HW- Recently I found that the LAN ports are no longer functioning properly It took a long time to arrive at this diagnosis because my second rig -- an dead, fault ghosts? LAN Router Solved: ports or hardware ancient AMD K -III was is connecting just fine Later it turned Solved: Router LAN ports dead, hardware fault or ghosts? out it is in fact the only computer that CAN connect It is a hardware level problem I suspect because the port indicator leds will not light up when a cable is plugged in The client computer will behave as if the cable is unplugged First I thought one particular port was broken but I ve connected the AMD rig to all ports for testing and sure enough it works on all of them Any other rig that I connect will stay on a perpetual cycle of trying to obtain an IP address and never getting it Yes I have tried switching cables rebooting clients AND the router etc The wireless is working just as well as it ever did nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have bought a new hardware recently Asus M A LT-M hardware and Area Nonpaged system Fault unstabilitity BSOD change. after In Page LE AMD II X and Geil GB DDR Value - - I assembled everything togheter with hardware left from BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area my old PC which gave me this CPU AMD II X Mainboard Asus M A LT-M LE Memory Geil GB DDR Value - - Hard Drive BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area GB Westgate Video Geforce GT Power Supply Chieftec smart W I formatted whole HDD and installed fresh copy of Windows XP service pack After few hours my windows started crashing BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x nv disp dll dumps of the BSOD in the attachment when I tried to play Crysis or Race Driver Grid I checked other games and windows crash in all of them Modern Warfare Need For Speed Shift Left Dead with same BSOD I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn t helped I also tried installing old ones no success I have noticed that almost all of my applications suddenly crash Mozilla Chrome Office after few minutes of use Furthermore the files I download from the internet or copied from the usb sticks to HDD gets corrupted by CRC errors very often I reinstalled system two times but that didn t solved crashing and BSODS After that I had all my hardware component tested and I also have found nothing CPU Tested with orthos I ran two instances to test first two cores and the third one One hour test with no errors - C when IDLE - C when in stress RAM I tested my stick with Memtest passes and hour of testing which gave me no errors I tried testing them with this Memtest from hcidesign com it gave me few errors but I find Memtest to be more reliable Maybe I m wrong HDD Tested with HD tune CHKDSK and HDD Scan no errors C - C GPU Couldn t test because system crash when I try to run any graphic advanced application or game but it was fine before I changed my hardware C in IDLE and up to C in stress Here s my question what should I do I m getting out of ideas At start I thought that all errors are caused by bad stick of RAM but Memtest didn t showed any errors which made me confused Thanks for the help I ll provide you with all information you ll need just tell me Any kind of advice will be appreciated nbsp

A:BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

0x50AGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

nv4.disp.dll is a Nvidia display driver. Try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-system-unstabilitity-after-hardware-change-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.152973/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have a brand new XPS machine which hardware code down, shut itself BIOS or sleep XPS after Powers (9550) hibernate. issue on 15 or fault? I suppose may have a factory defect but I d like to try asking here and see if others have similar experiences before sending it to repair TL DR Issuing a shut down hibernate or start command makes the laptop go down Light from the power button goes away seconds later the power comes back on and the system starts up On delivery the laptop had Win Pro on it I want to have a clean install without the bloatware which is often shipped with new computers so I reinstalled it on the very first day with a USB stick prepared with Windows Pro install media on it Once installed I added the WLAN driver and let the machine get all other drivers via Windows update Once done I shut down the machine and put it in XPS 15 (9550) Powers itself on after shut down, sleep or hibernate. BIOS code issue or hardware fault? my bag So far so good I thought nbsp When i took it of of my bag I instantly noticed that it was hot and that the screen was already at the Windows logon as soon as I flipped up the screen Logged on and tried to shut it down just to realize that the machine comes back on seconds after completed shut down I tried this several times to see if it was repeatable and yes it is Behavior is same every time It s the same regardless of choosing shut down hibernate or sleep Always seconds after the light on power button goes out power comes back on BIOS wise or release behaves equal I have tried resetting the BIOS to factory defaults and BIOS defaults as XPS 15 (9550) Powers itself on after shut down, sleep or hibernate. BIOS code issue or hardware fault? well Operating system wise I ve tried reinstalling the machine with both the Microsoft install image The Microsoft tool that prepares a USB drive as Win installation media and the image supplied by Dell via the support pages No difference I ve tried to stay on drivers supplied by Windows update as well as manually installing everything from Dell support site No difference Findings from google refer to quot Fast boot quot setting in windows but I did not get any improvement from either settings of this I even went as far as tried to run Ubuntu on the laptop to see if the behavior is OS agnostic and yes it seems Shut down from the menu of the Ubuntu desktop gives the same result seconds after power led goes out the power returns Even when in the BIOS settings menu I can do a short press of the power button to request a shut down and reach the same result seconds after power led coming off system is by itself restarting The only way to shut down this computer is to do a long press on the power button If I do that the machine shuts down and stays off Last thing to share here is that inside the BIOS interface there is a power state log In there I can see that the system has powered off at a certain timestamp and that the associated reason is something like quot ACPI Power off quot or similar don t have the machine here at hand right now quot Immediately after that there is a power on event but the reason is listed as quot Not applicable quot I interpret this that there is something actually making a signal to the system to start up rather than a hardware fault Possibly a BIOS bug My patience is rather much consumed with this as I do not see any more things to try I think next stop is the workshop for this machine but I cannot be without it for the next week so I ll need to keep it with me some time still

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992618
Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys not sure if this belongs in this forum but i just got a blue screen with this error up after trying to connect to a wireless network. going through the event viewer i have the following details

Error code 10000050, parameter1 a50773d0, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 ad0931bb, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 35 1000005
0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 61 35 eters a5
0030: 30 37 37 33 64 30 2c 20 0773d0,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00000000
0040: 2c 20 61 64 30 39 33 31 , ad0931
0048: 62 62 2c 20 30 30 30 30 bb, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

if anyone can shed some light on what happened id be grateful

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-fault-192721.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm trying to locate some files including $mft.
Can anyone tell me how to locate $mft

A:Locating $mft

And how are you going about locating these files?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/157702-locating-mft.html
Relevancy 39.99%

so, is there some command or program I can use to find all my LAN stuff... from the router IP, DNS server (primary/alternate), my IP, everything? I know IPCONFIG in CMD for some stuff, but what about the others?

A:Locating IP?

'ipconfig /all' will do the trick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locating-ip-39527.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA Registry Fault Many Thanks in advance this is my first time I have had a PC problem MY PC is th mth old Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista x GB RAM The problem started when I was watching a video clip on Windows media player The screen started breaking up on to horizontal coloured lines predomenantly Pink and the PC froze I tried rebooting in safe mode however it wouldn t allow howevere managed to do Start up repair At first I was getting a blue screen Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA however after reboot a number of times including running CHKDSK and startup repair the system eventually let me through to the windows log on screen After logging the sreen you access programms from the screens breaking up again on to horizontal coloured lines I have tried cleaning dust from PAGE / IN FAULT PAGE Registry AREA Ntfs.sys NON Fault inside case and removed and re inserted RAM Tried repeating checks e g start up repair and receive the following - Problem Event Name Start Repair V Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Corrupt Registry Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Rollback Registry Problem Signature OS Version Locate ID Diagnosis amp Repair details Startup Repair diagnosis amp repair log Last successful boot time am GMT Number of Repair Attempts Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of Root causes Tests performed Name check for updates Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name system disk test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk failure diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk metadata test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name target os test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault takes ms Tests performed Name volume content chack Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot manager diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name Event log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name internal state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot status test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name set up state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name registry hives test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Root cause found Repair action Registry roll back Result failed error Code x Time taken ms Finally Not sure if this would have anything to do with it however I downloaded Quicktime to play music clip about a minutes earlier before the problem started happening Also I have family photos on the PC which are not backed up and would like to protect then of possible nbsp

A:Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault

the error means that your PC asked for a page of memory , and the page was not available. when the operation could not continue, it BSOD'd and shut down. Its usually happens as a result of a hardware that is misfiring or failing. The 'Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area' and "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" BSOD's often show up consecutively and alternately. Things to try to correct or identify the problem are to restore your machine to the last know working configuration. if the problem keeps appearing run disk check for errors on your HDD. if that shows nothing, the next most likely suspect is a problem with the Ram. You can download any number of programs that will test your ram for errors. Win 7 has a built in memory test (not sure about the RC though) and you do not have to burn a disc to run it. Hope that helps some.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-non-page-area-registry-fault.149446/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm running XP home and OE6.
I had some emails in INBOX, SENT and DELETED in my OE.
I don't always shut down so, this morning when I looked at my inbox, everything prior to Feb 1, 2011 was gone.It is the same in SENT ITEMS and other than 16 items, they are also gone from DELETED ITEMS.

I'm hoping that I can find these deleted emails in the DBX files.

When I go to "search" in START, I cannot find the dbx files.
I have used various spellings such as, DELETED FILES.DBX, FILES.DBX, FILES *DBX*, etc, ad infinitum.
I had emailed the correct one to myself however, that is one of the emails which has disappeared.
I had thought I saved the instructions to my docs butt, I was wrong~~AGAIN.
Can someone please tell me what specifically I must type in SEARCH to find these files?
Thanks you

A:Locating DBX files

First...if you want to find .dbx files...you must have your settings so that you can see...all system files...and all file extensions.

Then, using the Search function...type in *.dbx as the search string.

You can also just open Outlook Express...Tools/Options...Maintenance tab, click the Store Folder button and see what your current elected location is.

The search method will reveal all .dbx files on the system, not just your store folder designation.

If you have folders which are not part of your store and you want to add them...just import them (the messages) into your location.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379098/locating-dbx-files/
Relevancy 39.56%

I guess i have two firwalls running i can find the one in the windowssecurity box i click to turn it off it says i still have one protecting my computer how can i find the other fire wall to turn that one off?

A:locating firewall

Doesn't it tell you the other firewall in security center? What security suite are you using (Norton,Mcafee,Kapersky,etc)? If the firewall is loaded it will also be in your system tray by the clock.

May I ask for what purpose are you disabling the firewalls?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locating-firewall-302680.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a couple of copies of XP and I am not sure which is installed where. I am trying to figure out if I have an available copy of XP to use on another PC. How can I tell which machine was setup using which product key?

A:Help locating my XP Product Key

Recovery disks, like recovery partitions, aren't installation disks and have a key already installed, although I've heard some newer recovery media prompts you for the key on your COA sticker. If you're not getting that prompt then you don't have to worry about supplying a key. As I mentioned in your previous thread many keys on the COA stickers on preinstalled systems aren't registered with MS because in many cases they just use cloned drives instead of individual installations. The product key in the registry may be on other computers of the same model as yours but it's the unique COA sticker that gives you a license to use the OS. (At least that's what I've been led to believe.)

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/help-locating-my-xp-product-key/203578.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm not sure if this is the right area in which to ask this but when I was defragging my computer in the report there was a file that was unable to be defragmented and it is in the C\Documents and Settings\susan\Local Settings\Application Data\

but when I look in my computer I get as far as the susan sub-file but there is no Local Settings there.

If I look instead in the Administrator sub-file, the Local Settings is there as well as the Application Data but not the file that I am looking for.

I think that I remember a way to see the hidden files that are in my susan sub-file but I don't remember how to do that.

A:Locating a file

it's a hidden file.

tools/folder options/view...check, show hidden files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-a-file.640188/
Relevancy 39.56%

ok this help virus a locating Need is what i have and what is going on i have a dell inspiron with xp sp theres a virus on it and i cant locate it the virus is sending out emails and wont let me change the desktop propertys background i have ran nortons kaspersky lab and avwin anti virus in both normal and safe mode it found some virus s and delted them in both normal and safe mode hijack this found a few things i fixed them im still having the same problem the computer didnt have any anti virus on it now it has nortons systemworks and nortons firewall and its Need help locating a virus still trying to send out emails every now and than but i still cant change the desktop background display any thoughts on where to look and what to do to fix this i even went to MS website and did a live scan thru them it found nothing thanks for any help or advice cookingguy nbsp

A:Need help locating a virus

ive even tried doing a system restore on the computer and it wouldnt let me do one..

thanks again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-locating-a-virus.436622/
Relevancy 39.56%

A friend ask me to check her PC for a possible virus within e-mails. She has a Pentium II and runs Win 95. She has Norton Virus Scan & never gets updates off the web. I ran Scan disk & Norton Anti-virus & neither indicated there was a virus. I told her I did not think she had a virus - however, I am not certain I was correct - please give me you thoughts on this topic. Thanks, Monique

Relevancy 39.56%

While Ad-Aware is scanning I notice a number of files that start with C:/DOCUME~1/Russ/LOCALS~1/Temp/ ...I've tried to search for them but can't find 'em. ..I think they may be just junk that I should delete. ..How do I find this stuff? ..I'm using XP. ...Thanks.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

I have had to re-install Windows XP, and now don't have the driver for the graphics chipset, and I've lost sound too - but I do have the following information;

Motherboard - Asus P5VD2-MX SE

Display adapters - VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have included photo's that may help

Thanks.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hiya I seem to have had a major meltdown my pc started freezing and randomly powering off I have found that my main hdd has a couple of errors which could explain the freezing however am unable to do Need Error!!! Locating Help a long memtest test as the pc Need Help Locating Error!!! crashes also borrowed a copy of spinrite but seemed to freeze when trying to gather disk information My problem now is how do I identify what is causing the pc to power-off first thought is the power supply but havnt smelt any burning and it always turns right back on once it crashes so with my limited deductive skills my main culprit is the motherboard processor but dont want to buy a new set only to find that it was the ps how can I check unfortunately I have no backup power unit to swap out is there any other way Also does anyone know how long spinrite is supposed to take to gather disk info maybe I am turning it off too soon many thanks Sillyfishyboy nbsp

A:Need Help Locating Error!!!

have just been looking at my psu calculations etc, when I originally got it, I calculated that I would be well within the limit with a 450 watt psu, however calculating now im not too sure, some are telling me 350 watt, but a couple are recommending 500+. the one at http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine (which seems more precise than most) is just below 500, I am also aware that my psu isnt from one of the best makes (meaning that I should add about 30-50 to my calculations) .. could this be causing the problems .. well I know that potentially it could casuse these problems, but is it likely? And I guess the real question is, if I replace my psu will it resolve many of the issues, or will a potential psu issue have damaged my motherboard, graphics etc. (have been using this for about a year)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-locating-error.81251/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am looking for any good FREE AND I MEAN FREE screensaver makers that allow me to use more than 20 images and use music? Does anyone know any good programs or sites that allow me to get ariel satallite images of the planet and close ups to cities and other places?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-help-in-locating-some-stuff.297082/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm working with window XP operating system, I purchase a Maxtor One Touch ll external hard drive in the past, when I first install the drive it was located on my (H:) drive, now I tried everything that I could to locate the H: drive but it's not on my system. I right click on My computer then click on Hardward then click on Device Manager then click on Maxtor Personal Storage Security then click on Maxtor One Touch ll and it states that the device is working property. But yet when I double click on My computer the (H: drive) is not located also when I click on the Maxtor Main menu it states to select a drive which there is no drive to select. I also tried to reinstall everything and even tried to redown load the driver files. I hope someone can help

A:Need help locating my h drive

Right click on my Computer, & select manage - then click on disk management does it appear in there? You might need to assign it a drive letter.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174538/need-help-locating-my-h-drive/
Relevancy 39.56%

For the basics read the bold

I often use the website: Geobytes IP Locator which finds the geographical location of an IP Address.

I don't know how reliable the above site is ut thats not my question. My IP Address locates me to London which is corect, but when I used Wireshark to find my friends IP Address the site locates him in Manchester when he is actually in London.

His ISP is Toucan and he has ADSL internet through his BT line not a cable line.

My question is this, why would his ip address report a wrong location, or is this is the location of the ISP server, what affect would this have on his internet speed? Is broadband speed affected by your geographical proximity to the ISP Server or just the local telephone exchange?

A:IP Address Locating

I don't know what databases those locating services use, but sometimes they give pretty funny results. That one puts me in Danville, CA, which is only about 2,000 miles west of my actual location.

DSL bandwidth is impacted by distance from the Central Office, not distance from ISP server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-address-locating.750239/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have narrowed down a problem to either Norton Internet Security or someother item I can't seem to find If someone could take a look at this log and see if they see anything I didn't The computer is running ridiculously with locating a Help problem. slow Screens slowly scale down pixel row by pixel row I updated all drivers system takes minutes to boot even with selective startup Thanks Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe c Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon Help with locating a problem. exe C PROGRA MODEMO moh exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Help with locating a problem. Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Mandy Desktop HijackThis exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www blackboard unl edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http securityresponse symantec com prodid nav R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar no name - D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - no file O - HKLM Run DwlClient c Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe ... Read more

A:Help with locating a problem.

Please post your whole log next time - you left out the header.

I don't see anything wrong in this log.

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-with-locating-a-problem-39649.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I am fixing a computer for someone and cannot find the right driver so resolution can be adjusted.

Here are the specs (entire file attached)
(horrible I know)

Code:
Operating System
MS Windows Vista Business 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium 4
Northwood 0.13um Technology
RAM
512 MB DDR @ 132MHz (2-3-3-6)
Motherboard
IBM IBM (WMT478/NWD) 51 ?C
Graphics
Monitor
Name DELL E771p on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Current Resolution 640x480 pixels
Work Resolution 640x422 pixels
State enabled, primary, VgaCompatible
Monitor Width 640
Monitor Height 480
Monitor BPP 16 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 1 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Memory type 2
Driver version 6.0.6001.18000
OpenGL
Version 1.1.0
Vendor Microsoft Corporation
Renderer GDI Generic
GLU Version 1.2.2.0 Microsoft Corporation
Values
GL_MAX_LIGHTS 8
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE 1024
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_STACK_DEPTH 10
GL Extensions
GL_WIN_swap_hint
GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_paletted_texture
GL_EXT_bgra

A:Need help locating driver ..

Hi,

Try looking here for the drivers for the internal graphics set (Chipset: Intel 82845GL): -

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/294958-need-help-locating-driver.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have HP model a6863w. running vista home premium 64 bit. I have a weekly backup to an external hard drive. I make manual backups frequently. When I go to the external hard drive I can locate my manual backups, but cannot find the weekly scheduled backups.

A:I need help in locating my backups

They may be incremental backups...meaning they add only changes to existing backups...
You didn't mention what app you were using for these...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269902-i-need-help-locating-my-backups.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Linksys wireless router and a home computer and I would like to add my laptop but cannot locate the WEP address it is asking for, I had it once and cannot find it now. Any suggestions on where I can get access to this address

A:Locating WEP Address

Hi:Wep is one of the encryption options to secure your home network.
It is set up in your router,generally in the wireless security section.
Go there,and you should see the current wep key for laptop/ access.
FYI: WPA is a far preferable encryption option to wep.
You can change this,again in the wireless security section of your router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-wep-address.881204/
Relevancy 39.56%

hello everyone,
I have a compaq laptop computer with windows XP ... I have burned many music cd's with this computer in the past.... I lent this same laptop out and it was returned to me with Dell's window XP on it.With this being said my computer can not even locate its cd burner and I do not have any original software for this computer what so ever.. I just want to burn music again..Is there anyone out there that could please help me?? it would be greatly appreciated

A:My Cd Burner Has Hid Its Self From Me I Need Help Locating It

Can you contact compaq and see about getting a restore disk or an xp installation disk (preferable)?

Most of the time the disk provided by the oem, compaq or dell, is tweaked for their hardware/software package. The problem here is that dell's version of xp (however it got on your computer) did not recognize the cd burner and install the proper drivers.

Try going to start/control panel/performance and maintenance/system. Click on hardware tab. Click on the device manager tab and scroll down to the DVD/CD rom listings. Is anything there? If so right click on whatever you find there and select uninstall. Reboot and hopefully windows will find the drive and install the drivers for it.

If this doesn't work, go to the compaq web site, look for your laptop and see if it has drivers for the cd drive.

Last option would be to go to the drive manufacturer's site and look for drivers. If you can figure out what brand drive you have.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36918/my-cd-burner-has-hid-its-self-from-me-i-need-help-locating-it/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello!

I changed my password for internet access due to the fact that a friend of my son cracked the password! I do not want my 11 year old and his 12 year old friend having access to the internet, especially when I am not there to supervise. Anyhow, I changed the password to something that I would remember; however, apparently I must have keyed it in wrong and cannot unlock my profile! Is there a way to find the password or somehow unlock my profile?

Thanks!

A:help locating my password!

Unfortunately, since we have no idea and cannot verify the intent here (it could be your son posting or his friend) --- I must close the thread. If you'll review the forums rules, you'll see where we've had to add this rule recently.

You might call your ISP and they may be able to help you reset it if you can prove to them you are the owner of the billing at your house.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-locating-my-password.650581/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a problem with a Winbook V410, no display on the screen, just the backlight is working. I can control the brightness from the keyboard. Plug into external monitor, I can use the laptop, allthe information shows up.
I was told that it might be the LCD inverter or the screen itself. I've looked online for both of those parts and can't locate any sites that carry those parts. Would anybody know where I can get those parts.

A:Locating Parts

It seems unless you are in the trade getting spare laptop parts is impossible (unless contacting the maker and paying a fortune)
The only place I have managed to find laptop spares is Ebay

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-parts.664173/
Relevancy 39.56%

After a harddrive crash, my friend has taken his drive to a Data Recovery Service. Because the drive is special, they need to locate an exact replacement drive to recover the data.

The drive needed is a Western Digital 500Gb, Model WD5000KS manufactured in March or April of 2006.

Apparently the construction date of this particular model is important in this case.

Google searchs have not been very helpful.

If anyone has, or knows of a new, used or refurbished drive that meets these requirements, I would appreciate hearing from them.

Thank You

A:Need help locating a particular harddrive

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=WD5000KS&category0=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-locating-a-particular-harddrive.694746/
Relevancy 39.56%

Whenever I download a file I have a heck of a time locating it. Have to do a search etc........

How can I direct the download to my desktop?

Thanks

Bill

A:Need help locating downloads

In Firefox: Tools>Options>Main
Browse for "Save downloads to"

I can't see a similar feature for IE, which apparently (I don't use IE myself) automatically sends all downloads to the Pictures or Documents folders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-locating-downloads.856609/
Relevancy 39.56%

My laptop stopped booting a little while ago. I reinstalled windows 7 home premium from a USB and, as a result, don't have the specific drivers for my laptop. I downloaded the network adapter from the asus website and installed it through USB. But can't seem to find the other missing drivers. In my device manager they just say ''generic Bluetooth" or whatever is missing. I am finding this a problem as I can't connect to my second monitor or play any games.
Is there a free program that can read and tell me what specific drivers I need? Or a way to view what hardware I'm running to get the right ones?
Thanks in advance

A:Locating what drivers I need

All drivers for your laptop should be downloaded and installed from the Asus website. Get the chipset driver and all other drivers for your specific system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557587/locating-what-drivers-i-need/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, folks. I need to know where my emails are stored. I built a new computer and the old hard drive would not work with the new system, i copied the C: from my old hard disk to another system. I tried going to the outlook express folder and executing the "wab" application and it only pulled up the address book of my current system which i put the folder on. This is on a windows XP system, if you know the folder location and/or path for the address book and emails, i would appreciate the information.

Thanks.

Relevancy 39.56%

This is my HJT log I've been going through my computer trying to clear some spyware that got in one night and went Help Problem. Locating A to town whilst I slept Ive gotten it down to where I thought it was gone but I still get popups Help pls D Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Help Locating A Problem. v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files AIM aim exe Help Locating A Problem. C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Documents and Help Locating A Problem. Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS system taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run H O C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exe O - HKLM Run ClamWin quot C Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe quot --logon O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ypager exe -quiet O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup D-Link AirPlus G Configuration Utility lnk O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Service ANIWZCSd Service ANIWZCSdService - Alpha Networks Inc - C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service ANIWZCSdS exe O - Service ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager IAM - Unknown owner - C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe O - Service Forceware Web Interface ForcewareWebInterface - Unknown owner - C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe quot -k runservice file missing O - Service ForceWare IP service nSvcIp - NVIDIA - C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe O - Service ForceWare user log service nSvcLog - NVIDIA - C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe

A:Help Locating A Problem.

Hello Alynis and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I see no signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.I also see no signs of any anti-virus programor firewall on the machine. Since there is no protection there is no defense. I would highly recommend installing an anti-virus program and a firewall to prevent any of those problems. Here is some information on free versions available for personal use:You should definitely have a good antivirus to stop infections before they can start and spread. Here are 3 free anti-virus programs that are available for personal use (I use each of these on various machines and they are all good):Avast Home EditionBitDefender Free Edition v7AVG Anti-VirusYou should also have a good firewall for blocking unwanted access to and from your computer. These also are free for personal use:Kerio Personal FirewallZoneAlarmIt is best to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/48856/help-locating-a-problem/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I'm pretty sure this is the right place to put this, any help is appreciated.

I recently downloaded a tv series but I think that it saved in the wrong location, I think that it saved in my temp internet files. I am able to watch the files using wmp 11 but if i cannot locate the files.

before realising i have deleted the temp files but am still able to watch the files on media player so I am assuming that they are stored on my computer somewhere. Maybe in some a media player temp file location?

I have run a search for avi files and couldn't locate them, including searching for hidden folders and looking in sub-folders.

Anything you can think of?

Thanks in advance.

A:Locating File

usually if they went into the temp files it would have something like astha323f.avi or mpg or wmv.

If you know the size, or even the date you downloaded (modified) then search for that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-file.563172/
Relevancy 39.13%

What's the fastest way to get to a program's executable file, and is there a way for Win 7 to display file extensions? For example, I might want to find the specific .exe file that launches XYZ program, so I click on the Start button, then click on "Computer" on the right side of the screen, then click on OS (C, then click on the XYZ Program Files folder, go down the list and click on the largest file I can find that's labeled "Applicaton" because I don't see any .exe extension and see if that launches the program. Seems like a lot of steps. Can I put the Program Files folder on the desktop or on the left side of the Start menu?

A:Locating Specific Files

1) To display file extensions, in windows explorer click on Organize tab at the top left of the window, click on Folder options, click on View tab. uncheck the box "Hide extensions for known file types", click Apply, click OK.

2) To search for specific file extensions, you can use the syntax Type:=.doc (if you are looking for .doc files) in the search box in explorer, you can pre-select the location (drive/folder) where you want to search. See this page for more info.

How To Search For File Types in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117675-locating-specific-files.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I want to find the "I386" folder on my hard drive. How do I do this? Thanks.

Relevancy 39.13%

hey guys, forgive me if this is in the wrong place. but as the title says any help in finding a stock radeon 9800 pro fan would be greatly appreciated. if any of you guys have one lying around please let me know i am sure we can workg something out. thanks

A:Need help locating a 9800 pro stock fan

Ive seen them on Ebay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-locating-a-9800-pro-stock-fan.19779/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have to reformat my computer, it has no driver or OS disks. I have managed to get a XP OS disk. I used Acer's Driver Robot to locate the drivers. But it only comes back with the drivers that have been up dated. No chipset. The information that I've gathered about the computer is:
Acer- Proys Model 2005 Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 3.60 GHZ ACPI Prossor PC
Please help.

A:please help in locating chipset driver

Can I use a generic chipset driver? I found the following Acer site, it lists several drivers but I'm not sure which one to select. I does list a generic thus my question.
These are ones that it lists: Generic Universal
Intel SiS, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, VIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-in-locating-chipset-driver.879777/
Relevancy 39.13%

My HDD is running windows files locating HDD trouble on having my Vista but i had a crash and was unable to start up my computer so I purchased an adapter that converted my HDD into an external hard drive and I was able to retrieve my files on my boyfriends Mac However having trouble locating files on my HDD I need some help locating some files I dont know where my bookmarks from my web browsers having trouble locating files on my HDD are located I went to Program files - Mozilla Firefox but there is no file that says bookmarks do oyu know what file they would be under and also i had some notes saved on the notepad in windows sidebar but because mac doesnt have this feature i having trouble locating files on my HDD cant launch it to retrieve my notes Do you know what folder the texts from the notes are saved under I went to windows sidebar - Gadgets - notes gagets but i havent found any folder than contains the text i also tried to access my windows sidebar on my dads windows computer but because notepad isnt in sidebar on windows i couldnt access my notes either does anyone have a solution for this thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I have just installed Windows 7 on my PC and want to install XP on another machine. I have the original disc, however, no product key as it came installed on the machine when I purchased it new. I have tried programmes such as "Product Key" and "Keyfinder" and all they bring-up are the keys for Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2003. Can I retrieve the XP key from my PC now that W7 is installed? If so, are there any free programmes that will find it?

Regards

Bob

A:Solved: Locating a Product Key

If you installed W7, then it overwrote XP & the key that was stored is now gone

You should have used keyfinder to save the key before installing W7
If it came preinstalled, look on teh back/ bottom/side of computer. There is often a COA sticker there with the key, if not then it would have been on the case that the CD came in

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locating-a-product-key.1037220/
Relevancy 39.13%

Unhappy need new k b PB Laptop in the UK Hi got a month old laptop a Packard Bell LJ RB UK AMD Turion ATI HD etc model KBYFO the keyboard is faulty ? plz replacement Keyboard locating Help its an intermittant fault it went to PC World here in the UK Help locating replacement Keyboard plz ? which is where i bought it from they screwd up several times before they collected it and while they had Help locating replacement Keyboard plz ? it and after they returned it the fault was not cured either so i dont trust them and am not sending it back to those shills so i figured i ll replace it myself but am having trouble finding even a single mention of the thing i have emailed and written to Packard Bell and Acer who just bought what remains of PB b ut no replacement kb the left hand side of the keyboard is sitting lower than the right side ESC looks off centre but or of the time its ok a last Google of Easynote KBYFO brought me here so thought i d try one last plea before sleep can anyone help me identify either the OEM or a pattern replacement please Thanks Mark UK nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi This Locating removing and MybabylonTB topic has possibly been posted before but search brought up huge Locating and removing MybabylonTB lists of data copy and pasted from other posters computers - it was confusing Basically I downloaded Java as I need it to do an online course As part of the download I didn t untick the quot recommended quot toolbar MyBabylonTB as I assumed it was needed A later Norton scan showed that MyBabylonTB had been allowed to access my computer An anti-Malware scan didn t show up this software but I want to remove it On the Norton forum someone suggested this quot Download OTL Disable Norton for say minutes Start OTL Click the Scan All Users checkbox Change file age to days Press the quot Run Scan quot An OTL txt and extras txt will be created quot Has anyone else done this Does it work and how exactly does this locate and remove MyBabylonTB Also how do I disable the current antivirus system on my computer I d really appreciate any extra advice and details

A:Locating and removing MybabylonTB

-Open the Control Panel
-Open Add/Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista/7)
-Do you have an item called Babylon Toolbar listed? If so, select it and click Uninstall

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460459/locating-and-removing-mybabylontb/
Relevancy 39.13%

Does anyone know of a way or some utility that can locate to which machine is user logged on to on a windows domain based network? As an example novell has something called "nlist" that you can search users and get details which shows either the mac or the ip (with novell 5.x servers) that he/she is logged into....

A:Locating user on the Network!

You can do this with scripts. Go to www.myITforum.com and search for what you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-user-on-the-network.71394/
Relevancy 39.13%

Please excuse my lack of knowledge I have recently received a digital camera as a gift and seem to be Hi-Speed Locating USB Port unable to transfer images from it to my PC I know the problem has something to do with my USB ports I have looked around on the internet and downloaded OS updates but still I cannot seem to download images Locating Hi-Speed USB Port I get an error message every time I Locating Hi-Speed USB Port try which alerts me to the fact that the USB port I am using is too slow for the device I understand that there are two types of USB and and that I need a to work the camera When I look at my device manager this is what I see underneath my Universal Serial Bus Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - CA Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - CB Intel R G ICH Family USB Enhanced Universal Host Controller - CC USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub I thought they all must refer to ports but I can only count on my PC so some must refer to something else again please excuse ignorance of subject But I noticed that as one of them refers to Enhanced that must mean at least one of my ports is hi-speed I have tried the camera in all ports and receive the same message I have tried updating the drivers but am told that nothing could be found If it the case that only one port is capable of hi-speed how can I find which one it is As my PC was made and hasn t been mass-produced I am without any clues as to which port is which and seem to have no way of finding out And if the port isn t working how do I update driver successfully I am extrememly confused and not a little frustrated and would appreciate any advice at all nbsp

A:Locating Hi-Speed USB Port

Go to Radio Shack and buy a USB 2.0 compliant external 4-port USB adapter. This will plug into one of your computer's USB ports and you will plug your camera into it. If one of your computer's USB ports is 1.1, all the computer's USB ports are 1.1 The 2.0 External adapter will be 2.0 compliant even if it is plugged into a 1.1 port

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/locating-hi-speed-usb-port.66102/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey TSG's,

I recently had my laptop stolen and am wondering how I can locate the general area of where it curently is because I already have suspicions on who took it. I purchased the brand new laptop from HP and have tried going through them to get my MAC address but they have sent me in loops. I have not gotten my MAC address. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to do the whole process, and what will i need as far as software (or even hardware?). Locating my laptop means locating a lot more things that were stolen from me.

Thanks in advance,

George

Relevancy 39.13%

How do I locate the Product Key for a Windows 8 Computer since Microsoft no longer places the key on a sticker on the outside of the computer?  

I want to reinstall Windows, using an OEM Disk, however, need the original key from this computer to properly activate Windows.

It was so simple with Previous versions of windows......

Thank you in advance

A:Locating Windows 8 or 8.1 Product Key

Hi cheesha NirSoft developped a small executable called "ProduKey" that displays the product key used for your Windows activation, as well as other Microsoft-related product keys for programs installed on your system like Office and Visual Studio. Here it is:http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.htmlSimply download the archive, extract it and execute it. Let me know how it goes

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570607/locating-windows-8-or-81-product-key/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello guys,

Grateful if anyone can assist. I would like to see where all my Win XP upgrades/fixes are stored, plus details like download/install date, file size, etc.

There is some details in the Add/Remove Programs, is this the only place I can find these details?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locating-my-win-xp-upgrades-fixes-etc-455997.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I just recently installed XP to my system. While I was making a data cd I saw all these old files that I thought were deleted when I upated, but I can't figure out how to find them so I can delete them. They are just taking up space on my system. Can anyone help me???? Wrenie

A:After Installing XP I need help locating old files

how did you install it reformat or and upgrade

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-installing-xp-i-need-help-locating-old-files.164025/
Relevancy 39.13%

i am a computer novice and am trying to locate where my clock battery in my motherboard but i don't know where it is. could someone give me any info please.

Relevancy 39.13%

I am trying to do a search on my C:\ drive to locate all of the icons. I would then like to copy them all into a separate folder on my desktop so I could select from them whenever I want to change icons. What is the file extension name for icons or are they all different? What would be the most efficient way to accomplish this? Many thanks...

A:Icon Files - Locating

Windows icons are, for the most part, within various dll files. To extract and save them the easiest (maybe the only) way is to use third part software.

Try Icon Extractor. It's freeware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icon-files-locating.142879/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a Dell inspiron laptop running windows vista home edition. I have been having problems with installing any new programs on my computer. I get the error message "access denied something to do with with a specified path". I also noticed that file a system32 folder, DRVSTORE is blue. I don't know what this means. Windows Security Center is reporting that my anti-virus, McAfee VirusScan Enterprise is on but running in a format that is no longer supported. Again, I don't really know what that means either. If anybody can help me it would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

A:help with locating and removing a virus

Hello and Welcome.

DRVSTORE is blue because it's contents are compressed. This is normal.

If you think the machine is infected, and it's showing symptoms...

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-with-locating-and-removing-a-virus-460747.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi guys,
My boss is having a problem with the comp. Everytime it starts up, it freezes right before the desktop comes up. The wallpaper shows, but there are no icons so he has to hit control-alt-delete to bring up the task manager, then click file--new task run--then clicks on C: and the icons appear along with an error message that says something about a file missing, which is something like this--- '/idlist, :0: 720, C:\

I've tried to find that file on the web with no luck. He can't find the disk to reinstall the files.

He has Windows 2000 Pro on it and it's used for the business with all the clients names and such on there. If he does eventually find the disk, is it possible to do a repair option without losing anything?

Thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Java jre locating help? Can my Having trouble anyone infection. bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe C WINDOWS system Having trouble locating my infection. Can anyone help? taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS regedit exe C Program Files Azureus Azureus exe C Program Files Security Task Manager taskman exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C download HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Having trouble locating my infection. Can anyone help? Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Utility lnk C Program Files Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll file missing O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for mpeg C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxdev dll O - Winlogon Notify pptp - C WINDOWS SYSTEM pptp dll O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe... Read more

A:Having trouble locating my infection. Can anyone help?

Download & install - HaxFix.EXE.
During installation, please select these options: Create a desktop icon
Launch HaxFix
When Haxfix starts, a red DOS window will open.
Select the option to - Make logfile - Type 1 & press`Enter'.
Haxfix will produce a log for you to post back here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/having-trouble-locating-my-infection-can-anyone-help-94745.html
Relevancy 39.13%

So this is my first time on this site but i hope you guys and gals can help Yesterday i downloaded a free ISP Dial up program called quot No Charge quot found at www nocharge com after installing it i noticed that when i used my DSL connection the internet was quite slow If i tried locating IE Slow help please loading, and to open more than pages at once it would take the system forever just to locate one then even longer to load it before IE Slow locating and loading, please help this had never been a problem so i figure its got something to do with this i ran the spyware steps that were listed in the quot read this first quot thread so i hope you guys and gals can help me out Also if anyone has any hints at where to get a free Dial-Up ISP that would be appreciated but anyways here is my log file i hope you can help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Search Engine Commando ScheduleService exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exe C Program Files Search Engine Commando ScheduleViewer exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files hijack HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Toolbar no name - b -bdad- be- d - ae ddf bcb - no file O - Toolbar Steganos Internet Anonym - - - - - fe c - c program files steganos internet anonym sia iep dll O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run eFax quot C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe quot R O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Anonymizer C Program Files Anonymizer Anonymizer Software Anonymizer exe -nogui O - Global Startup eFax lnk C Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exe O - Global Startup Search Engine Commando Schedule Viewer lnk C Program Files Search Engine Commando ScheduleViewer exe O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http by fd bay hotmail msn com s MsnPUpld cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A A F- A- -B - C B F F NameServer O - Protocol pcl - D C - F- -B FA-DCC FB A A - C Program Files Autodesk Inventor Professional bin HSPCLPRO dll O - Winlogon Notify disk - C WINDOWS system diskperff dll file missing O - Service AOL Connectivity Service AOL ACS - America Online Inc - C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files C... Read more

A:IE Slow locating and loading, please help

Welcome to TSF.

This is unliekly to be caused by malware.
In the ISP world - you don't get nothing for free.

I suggest trying a pay as you go ISP just to test if you have the same connection issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-slow-locating-and-loading-please-help-99676.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi thank you for allowing me into this tech support forum First I just want to let you know that the way you have things organized here seems to make sense to this amateur and I appreciate that My problem is that over the years of using my HP pavilion I seem to have quot lost quot many files as I transfer them from folder to folder Now I want to upgrade from XP to and I am thinking this may be my last chance to recover those files -if I even have a Locating files orphaned chance I googled quot orphaned files quot and discovered a recommendation to use CHKDSK so I did because one of your members was quoted on one of the sites saying that orphaned files would be placed into a folder entitled quot found etc quot I'm not sure which member was quoted Then further down on the same page quot blah quot explained how to open and rename the files so they could be used again Assuming all of that Locating orphaned files is correct and that I correctly ran CHKDSK I need to know how I find the quot found quot folders Is there anyone who can advise me on this matter Thank you Ideologue

A:Locating orphaned files

To Recover an Orphaned File try the below steps.

1.Download or purchase a file recovery program. Glary Utilities is recommended because it is easily downloaded and free (see "Additional Resources," below). Once downloaded, follow the installation prompts to complete the program setup.

2.Open the new program and perform a recovery file scan. Click "Modules," choose "Privacy & Security" and select "File Undelete."

3.Choose a scan location. If you know where the orphaned file was (such as Documents and Settings or Windows), then choose the file for the location of the scan. If you're not sure, have the system perform a full drive scan. This will take longer, but it will scan the entire hard drive for the file. Once the file or drive location has been chosen, click "Search." The system scan will now begin.

4.Type the file name into the filter bar when the scan is complete. This will help speed up finding the particular file. If you can't remember the file name, scroll through the list of recoverable files until you see it. Select the file and click the "Restore" button on the bottom right of the screen. This will recover the file and place it back in its original hard drive location.

Download Glary Utilties link is here
http://www.glaryutilities.com/gu.html

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locating-orphaned-files-488279.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an old graphics program, Picture Publisher, that has a feature called the ClipboardBrowser (it stores images that you can paste to an open file). I can't find the images though, as files. Tried a search for ClipboardBroswer and for the individual names of the images on it, and get no results. While the program is available to all users, the Browser only has images that each user has loaded. I've looked through Program Files and Data, as well as AppData for users (which is where I expected to find it).

What I want to do, is copy the folder/file to the program on another machine. But, I gotta find it first.

Could it be a .dll, and that's why it doesn't show?

A:Locating a folder in a program

Process Monitor should show you where that program is writing data.

Start Process Monitor
Start Picture Publisher
Add an image to Picture Publisher
Close Picture Publisher
Stop Process Monitor from gathering data

Filter the data within Process Monitor to only show file data.
Look thru the data for file write operations by the Picture Publisher process.

If you find something of interest, right click on that row in the Path column and select Jump to from the context menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/377548-locating-folder-program.html
Relevancy 39.13%

just a quick query - I have been searching everywhere (including the net) for a clue as to the location of the 'open with' folder.

I want to edit one of the program titles, in this folder (because it is a long advertising strapline I want to get rid of)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

A:help locating the OPEN WITH folder

The "open with" list is in the registry. I would not go messing around in here if you are not familiar with it.

Seven Forums tutorial
Open with - Clean Up and Remove Programs

Microsoft Information
How to Remove Programs from the "Open With" List

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271378-help-locating-open-folder.html
Relevancy 39.13%

whats the fastest way to locate the largest size folders on ones hardrive?
when you select view / arrange by size it seems to only work for files not folders.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-large-folders.325684/
Relevancy 39.13%

I had to reinstall Vista Home Premium bit on my Dell XPS from my Locating windows.old file original CD The reinstall was successful but I was led to believe the clean reinstall would Locating windows.old file create a file called windows old I've tried to locate that file but after typing C windows old get the message that no such file exists Locating windows.old file I've searched the C drive as best I can but there are so many files I'm not sure how to recognize it if I see it The reason I want to locate the old files is Locating windows.old file to locate some e-mails I failed to backup I successfully backed up my photos and documents but apparently erred in trying to back up the e-mails Three questions Why wouldn't the reinstall create a windows old file The program never prompted me to do anything to insure it was done just that it would be If it is there how can I access it All of the on line help forums say it is simple to just click on the windows old file and copy what is there Is there another method to recover e-mails I stored them on Windows Mail Perhaps a downloadable program I'm still a computer novice so any help is appreciated

A:Locating windows.old file

was the cd a factory restore disk or was it an actual operating system? it will not create a windows.old folder if a factory restore disk.

if it was an os disk - in windows explorer, go to c: drive and there would be a folder called windows.old.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/locating-windows-old-file-621525.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi guys new here. I have avg free 9.0,windows XP with sp3 and internet explorer 8 installed and I have gotten a trojan. Avg scans and says this

"C:\Documents and Settings\Cory\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\SXMV0PQ3\20100717084039[1].exe"

I cannot find the folder to manmually remove it. Avg moves it to vault but it is still there. This virus affect the internet browser. When you go to google something and go to the page it redirects you to an infected adware page and stuff like that. I know I am gonna have to locate it myself and delete it but the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Cory\Local Settings" does not show up under my documents and settings so I have no idea where to start looking. I hope someone can help me. Thanks. Cory

A:generic trojan need help locating

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/generic-trojan-need-help-locating-505194.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hi this might sound silly i guess but i am not firmilier with windows vista i am having problems with a error message coming up all the time.

Microsoft windows Search indexer has stopped working and was closed.

I have looked on the forum and seen how to get rid of it but can not find my way around vista to locate anything.

Could I please get some guildess on how to get rid of this problem this message is driving me crazy.:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-in-locating-c-drive-on-vista-273453.html
Relevancy 39.13%

My document files seem to be named incorrectly and I cannot seem to rectify it. An example of my problem is: I save a file into Documents and the name comes up as
C:\User\Lis\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\Documents\File Name (Currently there are 13 Document folders, a similar number of photos and contact files).
I have tried deleting the empty files and lost them, then I tried to copy and paste the files into to the previous document folder with the same result.
Can you help me. Thanks Lis

A:Locating and renaming files

Your folders are too deep for windows to handle correctly. I saw the same problem that was created by an end user on my windows 2003 file server. How'd you pull off mucking up your folder hiearchy like that? I would like to know because I can't even duplicate what some of you users are doing. It's actually amusing and befuddling at the same time.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/183491-locating-renaming-files.html
Relevancy 39.13%

So what for Windows product Locating key 8 had happened was my daughter yanked my Dell Inspiron R laptop off the countertop It then would not boot up all the way After some research I found that I needed a new hard drive No big deal at my local staples Then I had to purchase the Windows operating system again no Locating product key for Windows 8 big deal from Dell Came on Zip drive Does not come with a product key Now upon boot up it says quot checking media quot quot Media fail quot Then boots up prompts me for my password Then wants me to activate Windows So I select quot go to pc settings quot and it wants a product key Problem is I have no sticker on the laptop it's self and after some more research I am understanding the product key is quot injected quot on the motherboard Called Dell accordingly to them my only options are locate the original product key or pay them For a year service and assistant agreement with the assurance that my problem could be fixed over the phone And now I am at complete standstill and no clue how to proceed from this point No way they are going to get from me I am bucks into trying to get this laptop back to what it was before the drop and I am stuck Any advice assistance ideas on what or how to proceed would very much appreciated Thanks Johnny

A:Locating product key for Windows 8

Hello Johnny, and welcome to Eight Forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble activating.

You can use OPTION SIX in the tutorial below to see what your product key number is. Be sure to note what edition of Windows 8 it says it is for.

Product Key - Find for Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/71489-locating-product-key-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP

My computer is a crashing maniac. Every error report that I get tells me that I have a bad device driver...how can I find out what driver it is? I know how to fix it, if only I knew which device it is!!!

Any help would be creatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!

A:Locating bad device drivers

turn off the auto reboot and post the full bsod error message
also check the device manager for any yellow marks alongside of anything

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/locating-bad-device-drivers-27112.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hi i am trying to back up data on my computer before when i computer help locating data with on had win os it was a pretty easy process to locate my folders and files for the messages under outlook express and copy that folder over to a backup drive now under a new winxp home os i can still find where the outlook express messages and folders are located it is located at quot C Documents and Settings x Local Settings Application Data Identities C Microsoft Outlook Express help with locating data on computer but when i look at the folder properties a message appears that says that the folder is empty there doesn t appear to be any data in my location folder i have already gone under the tools menu and folder options and clicked on show hidden files and folders i also tried to export the data under outlook express file menu which produces an error message that quot The export could not be performed An error occured while initializing MAPI quot does anyone have any idea where my data may have gone more importantly any suggestions on the best way to access my data to back up the information on my hard drive nbsp

A:help with locating data on computer

try this

Restart your computer, and then start Outlook Express.
Click Tools | Options.
On the General tab, click to clear the Make Outlook Express my default Simple MAPI client check box, and then click Apply.
click OK and restart your computer.

You should now import or export messages (fingers crossed)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-locating-data-on-computer.352063/
Relevancy 39.13%

For the last couple of days I have been trying to track down a computer or computers that are infected with a trojan and a worm. They are not causing any harm on our network thanks to our antivirus software but the worm is continually locking out users as it is trying passwords and our system locks accounts after 3 incorrect tries. I need something that can help me find the infected computer on our network so I can clean it up. Is there anything out there that can help me do this?

A:[SOLVED] Locating an infected PC

I solved this issue a while ago and here is how i solved it:
Go into event viewer on the server and see if you can find a user or computer trying to elevate it's permissions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-locating-an-infected-pc-641966.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Can someone tell me where I can find my internet favorites on Win 7 so I can save them onto my backup drive?

A:Locating Internet Favorites

C:\Users\your user account name\Favorites folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/289178-locating-internet-favorites.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Anyone know where I can get windows 7 drivers for an Acer Aspire M3202 desktop? I currently have no internet connection so windows cannot find them automatically for me. I assume that is because I am missing drivers and not because the Windows 7 download is somehow faulty. I just know that whenever I was in the middle of the installation process Windows 7 would not accept my wifi's pass key. And I know its correct, because I'm the one who created it.

A:Need help locating Acer Drivers

Acer | Download is the closest I can get you. Acer does not add the model to the address. You'll have to go there and drill down through Desktop....Aspire....M3202... Win7 64 on that page.

You might try hardwiring your machine to your router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/317901-need-help-locating-acer-drivers.html