Windows Support Forum

Audio is not working

Q: Audio is not working

I accidentally deleted IDT audio from the contol panel. Because of this, the audio is not working. Therefore, I tried downloading it again but my laptop responded with [error, declined, your computer does not reach the requirement ect]
Just to clarify I have a hp laptop windows 7.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Audio is not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Audio is not working

It could be the driver you downloaded not compatible to your system.... are you using 32bit or 64bit? if you are using 32bit then download only driver for your audio according to their compatibility..likewise in 64bit..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-is-not-working.201819/
Relevancy 45.58%

My audio rear outs used to work but even so i was primarily using hdmi out from my video card I was also diagnosing BSODs at the time and sent my mobo back to asus for an rma When it got back I placed it in a different case and attached the font panel audio Due to a new living circumstance I decided to switch back to the normal audio out as my hdmi sound is awful on my new monitor Problem is now i find that the onboard audio does panel front onboard audio enabling since no longer Asus audio. working not work I have tried uninstalling reinstalling and updating drivers I have disabled all other drivers in the device manager I have disconnected the front panel entirely Nothing seems to re-enable my back panel Everything seems like in this thread Just got done building a new computer but - techPowerUp Forums except my audio interface is ASUS not MSI and does not allow for front panel detection their solution was to quot disable front panel jack detection quot but this interface does not allow for this See the attached screenshots for interface Screenshot As you Asus onboard audio no longer working since enabling front panel audio. can see this is all the advanced settings allow Also note that the bottom jacks are disabled and does not see the speakers at all even though they are plugged in Screenshot This is with the HD settings enabled Screenshot As you can see there are no devices shown while HD audio is enabled and the sound device manager does not see the speakers at all Screenshot When I change to AC the computer sees the front panel even when it is disconnected to the motherboard The back panel still is undetected Screenshot While under AC it shows that it detects both front ports a set of speakers in one and a mic in the other even when there is nothing plugged in Sound is enabled in BIOS I have tried volume checks tried nearly everything i can come up with and I am nearly at my wit's end

A:Asus onboard audio no longer working since enabling front panel audio.

Have you tried system restore, or tried reinstalling the software/driver etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/251934-asus-onboard-audio-no-longer-working-since-enabling-front-panel-audio.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I make music with my computer and therefore the onboard sound card that came with my motherboard Working. Series PCI Please Solved: Stopped M-Audio Audio Card Delta Help is disabled and I ve installed a dedicated sound card instead The soundcard I work with is an M-Audio Delta Series Audiophile PCI card I ve been using this card without problems for about years Today the card seems to have stopped working and I suspect it has something to do with recent stuff I ve been doing with my computer Here is stuff I did prior to my soundcard s failure to work I have no idea which if any of these things are related to Solved: M-Audio PCI Delta Series Audio Card Stopped Working. Please Help the problem or not I also have know idea at what stage the sound stopped working YESTERDAY - a friend came with an mp player Creative ZEN Jukebox He had some data on it using it as a kind of external hard drive which he wanted to transfer to my computer - I downloaded installed the latest driver and plugged it via USB to my computer The computer recognized the device but for some odd reason it did not show all the data We tried several things including re-downloading and re-installing the driver and installing a media player app by Creative but nothing worked I uninstalled the driver and the Creative app at this stage I remember my audio was fine because I listened to some music This was the last time I attempted to use audio before first noticing the problem TODAY - I realized that when installing the Creative app I had without noticing installed some bundled software that scans for outdated drivers I uninstalled it Then instead of trying to guess what other junk I had installed onto my computer or what leftover files there were hiding somewhere in my system - I decided to restore my system to a restore point I made yesterday just before The system restore was successful - I have a GB hard drive which used to be installed in my computer Recently I removed it from the computer and placed it in a hard drive enclosure Today I decided I want it back in my computer so I opened the case and connected it in the slot where it was before connected the cables and turned on the computer - I used a freeware application called EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition to change the letters of two hard drives one internal and one external I also changed their Drive Labels None of these drives are system drives or contain any system files or folders They only contain personal data - Then I used the same EASEUS software to create a new partition from unallocated space residing on the same drive where my c partition is system drive Then I formatted this partition with EASEUS Partition Master and restarted the computer It is at this point when I first noticed there is no audio I was trying to watch some streaming video on the internet and there was no sound Then I tried playing some mp files on different media players - no sound I checked Device Manager and saw that my M-Audio device had a yellow icon with a black exclamation mark on it My first thought was that I might have accidentally dislodged something when installing the hard drive so I removed my soundcard from its PCI slot and plugged it back in Turned computer back on and now I don t see my M-Audio device in Device Manager at all No M-Audio and no exclamation point I tried reinstalling the card to its slot once again but no change This is the current situation As part of my work depends on this audio card this is a very important matter I d really appreciate any help on this nbsp

A:Solved: M-Audio PCI Delta Series Audio Card Stopped Working. Please Help

To start, I would uninstall any of the m-audio software. Once done, shutdown the system and pull out the card. Pw ON the system and let it fully boot. Download the latest driver for your sound card. Now shutdown again and install the sound card. Restart and attempt the driver install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-m-audio-pci-delta-series-audio-card-stopped-working-please-help.883109/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a self-assembled desktop PC - full specs in the signature below but in short it has an AMD Phenom II X T processor on a Gigabyte GA- A-DS P mainboard which uses a Realtek Azalia ALC on-board sound system I have no loudspeakers and listen to the computer sound exclusively through a Microsoft LX- headset I also have a Logitech C HD webcam that has its own microphone My PC has GB RAM a SSD and a large HDD It runs Windows Update with all Windows updates Patch Tuesday was this week but my problems had started before that and I'm sure they're unrelated Everything is working fine except the audio which started behaving strangely a few days ago The problems started suddenly and I can't think of anything that could have caused them There were no hardware changes or any intervention in the hardware nor did I install any new software that could have messed up things When playing music it sounds muffled with strange-sounding not Realtek Gigabyte audio, working mic audio, mobo: the volume very low and the voice and several instruments muted while Realtek audio, Gigabyte mobo: strange-sounding audio, mic not working other instruments in the background arrangement sound louder No graphic equalizer is on and this happens with any player software Realtek audio, Gigabyte mobo: strange-sounding audio, mic not working Windows Media Player VLC Media Player Classic etc and any source MP music audio CDs DVDs videos etc There appears to be no hardware problem with either my headset or the onboard audio when I run both Windows' native and Realtek's driver sound output tests the test tune comes out loud and clear in the tested channels Neither microphone works to record audio either - neither Realtek audio, Gigabyte mobo: strange-sounding audio, mic not working the headset's nor the webcam's with any recording program I have connected the headset both to the PC case's front connectors linked to the mainboard by a cable and to the rear ones which are parts of the mainboard itself no difference YouTube videos are also mute both when played in Chrome or IE using HTML and in Firefox using Adobe Flash all in their latest versions Curiously however the YouTube-hosted videos from a local newspaper's Web site play the audio of their initial vignette which appears to be synthesized or MIDI normally but the rest of the video with the news story is silent I normally use quot No Sounds quot as my Windows sound scheme but I've tested other sound schemes they all work but volume is very low as with the music There is no sign of any abnormality indicated either in Windows' Control Panel or in Realtek's control center window The driver correctly detects when the headset is disconnected or reconnected all tests work fine like I said both Microsoft's and Realtek's speaker tests come out loud and clear through my headset I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek drivers several times both the version supplied by Gigabyte with the mainboard - which in spite of a different numbering system appears to be the penultimate one from Realtek - and the latest generic version from Realtek's Web site no effect I have installed a new codec pack to see if there was any trouble for applications to communicate with the driver no effect I have changed every possible configuration option on both Windows' and Realtek's control panels also to no effect What could be happening and what could be done short of reinstalling Windows which of course I don't want to do It surely looks like a software problem because of the passed hardware tests and the strangely perfect vignette in the newspaper site's videos But which software where As you can see from what I wrote above I've tried everything I could think of Thank you very much for your help

A:Realtek audio, Gigabyte mobo: strange-sounding audio, mic not working

First thing to do is disable or disconnect the Web Cam. They have been known to cause various sound problems. It may not be the problem, but eliminate it as the problem.

Stereo Mix needs to be set as the Default Recording Device.

Refresh the RealTek by going to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the RealTek entry in the Sound section then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will reinstall the sound. This usually fixes any Windows/Sound corruptions. If this does not fix it, download and reinstall the RealTek sound drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/358510-realtek-audio-gigabyte-mobo-strange-sounding-audio-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Can someone please help me try and figure out why my audio isnt working the way is should be?

Playing a blu ray disc (Tron Legacy) using PowerDVD 11 and there is no sound from the side speakers.

On the weekend I hooked up my next door nieghbours PS3 and it played all 8 channels perfectly.

I have been trying to figure this out for 6 weeks now and I am not getting anywhere at all.

A:Audio Problem - 5.1 & 7.1 channel not working with Realtek HD audio & ATI HD4670

Does this only Happen in PowerDVD 11? Have you tried Windows Media centre?

Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/290364-audio-problem-5-1-7-1-channel-not-working-realtek-hd-audio-ati-hd4670.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently encountered this problem I was on windows but I decided to do a fresh install mind having to put over like files on to a uploading website cause I do youtube editing etc whatever and so it first started out but Audio computer audio through working on it's is no coming displays as like when I would max out the speakers it would do like a distortion crackling problem for example I was watching one of pewdiepie's videos and when he said something or something loud Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through happened its like the sound got inverted like if you've ever been inside a bar you can hear all the music but when you're outside it's like faded distorted etc then i tried to mess around with the settings in the control panel of the sound and when i changed the audio setting the audio is now completely gone and I even tried putting it back and applied it and it's still absolutely no sound now So I did a fresh install and it's still doing the same thing i'm on a hp probook b model and i've had it for awhile now Basically the problem is when i play a video or play any type of sound on the computer like when I bring up the sound it says like the audio is playing like the audio bar is moving up and down and yes it's not muted i've had computers for awhile now i'm not new and like I said up there I even tried to mess with the settings i've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers i'm completely up to date with all my drivers besides the audio driver cause with the hp probook b model it will not let me update to the I can only do one driver from called like IDT High Definition Audio Driver So if anyone knows a solution or is willing to help me please comment cause I really would like my audio back I need my laptop for tons of stuff like I said I do youtube and I also stream on twitch and i've never had to go to forums like this cause I can usually fix it myself in fact thats why i'm helping somebody currently with their computer right now so PLEASE HELP thank you

A:Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through

Hello and welcome Nazohh mate just how did you do a clean install - from a Microsoft media disk, stick , download?? Because if you had all your data saved you could have done a factory restore and that would of course lose the data but put the machine back to out of the factory condition.

Now you say you can only find the audio driver for 2012 but this one is 2013 try it Drivers & Software for HP ProBook 6560b Notebook PC - HP Support Center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/398731-audio-computer-displays-its-working-but-no-audio-coming-through.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone I'm having a problem using my motherboard s onboard HD audio instead of my video card s audio so without further ado here is the situation I have an Asus maximus iii gene motherboard which has a SupremeFX X-Fi built-in sound card this is a very nice card provided you can use it on the board I have an ASUS EAH V basically an ATI which also has onboard audio useable through HDMI When I first ran Windows X the drivers for the video card and its audio were installed first but then I noticed that my audio jacks both on the back of motherboard and on the case won t work audio drivers Onboard working audio and not won't install which is a big problem for me But at least I Onboard audio not working and audio drivers won't install have audio through speakers on my monitor through HDMI So to fix the problem I just tried to install drivers from Asus for the X-FI chip but that failed since no HD audio hardware could be found by the installer Google-ing the problem I came across hotfixes which Asus Onboard audio not working and audio drivers won't install also provides but they are not compatible with windows X so I m back at square one It s worth mentioning I have gone through my device manager and under audio only the ATI HD audio device is visible and I cannot see the X-FI device anywhere So I would like help installing drivers for the X-FI chip and use the onboard surround sound and HD audio jack on the case Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this ----------------------------------------- Update of things I have tried I opened my case and checked that all of the cables are connected properly for audio and double checked everything else In the BIOS I have a only options to enable sound as HD audio or AC I have selected HD audio since that s the connection my case came with other than that there are no options related to getting sound to audio jacks in any case I have enables all the peripheral devices in my BIOS Driver genius was really nice after driver updates I had a very crisp sound coming out of the monitor speakers yeah but this is from the ATI audio on the graphics card Now something I forgot to communicated at the beginning was that I can't even get sound out of the channel sound connections on the motherboard itself which leads me to believe somehow that the onboard audio is being overwritten by something else I have even tried the optical surround sound but no luck I'm now looking through forums and sites trying to find how I can manually install the audio hardware on my motherboard and then eventually disable the ATI Audio using device manager But then I run back to the problem that Asus provided drivers can't find the HD device AHHH what a vicious loop this is

A:Onboard audio not working and audio drivers won't install

hkhajavi, welcome to the forums.

First off let me say that despite the fancy sounding name that Asus likes to give some of its onboard audio solutions,in no way shape or form is what is on yours a X-Fi (which I hope you did not try installing any drivers from Creative for as they will not work). Looking at the specs and the download page for your motherboard,

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...TqM&templete=2

yours has the Via audio chip on it (some of the previous versions of the SupremeFX X-Fi used a Soundmax/ADI based audio chip), of which Asus does have a Windows 7 driver for (both 32 and 64 bit). They also appear to have the updated X-Fi software (also known as X-Fi MB, which is where the X-Fi name comes from for the onboard audio; it gets to use some of the X-Fi software, but it is not a X-Fi sound card) available for it under the Utilities section in the downloads.

You may also need to run the updated Intel chipset Utility for the onboard audio to be detected. Once it is detected and the drivers are installed you will then need to open the Windows playback properties and make sure that the onboard audio is set as the default playback device and not the ATI HDMI device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/96782-onboard-audio-not-working-audio-drivers-wont-install.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I had audio issues, speakers would intermittently not work.  I upgraded the driver to sp76702 per the following advisory: -------------------------------------------------------Document ID: c05288869Version: 1Advisory: HP EliteBook and ZBook G3 - Audio Not Working After Reboot, Speaker Icon Has Red X------------------------------------------------------- After the upgrade, I can no longer get audio through my docking station or the speaker jack on the right side of the laptop.  Tested my external speakers with a different source (smartphone) and they work fine.  I submitted a case today with HP.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/audio-not-working-through-docking-station-or-audio-jack/td-p/5781106
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently encountered this problem I was on windows but I decided to do a fresh install mind having to put over like files on to a uploading website cause I do youtube through it's Audio coming on is no computer audio but working displays editing etc whatever and so it first started out as like when I would max out the speakers it would do like a distortion crackling problem for example I was watching one of pewdiepie's videos and when he said something or something loud happened its like the sound got inverted like if you've ever been inside a bar you can hear all the music but when you're outside it's like faded distorted etc then i tried to mess around with the settings in the control panel of the sound and when i changed the audio setting the audio is now completely gone and I even tried putting it back and applied it and it's still absolutely no sound now So I did a fresh install and it's still doing the same thing i'm on a hp probook b model and i've had Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through it for awhile now Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through Basically the problem is when i play a video or play any type of sound on the computer like when I bring up the sound it says like the audio is playing like the audio bar is moving up and down and yes it's not muted i've had computers for awhile now i'm not new and like I said up there I even tried to mess with the settings i've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers i'm completely up to date with all my drivers besides the audio driver cause with the hp probook b model it will not let me update to the I can only do one driver from called like IDT High Definition Audio Driver So if anyone knows a solution or is willing to help me please comment cause I really would like my audio back I need my laptop for tons of stuff like I said I do youtube and I also stream on twitch and i've never had to go to forums like this cause I can usually fix it myself in fact thats why i'm helping somebody currently with their computer right now so PLEASE HELP thank you

A:Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through

Hello and welcome Nazohh mate just how did you do a clean install - from a Microsoft media disk, stick , download?? Because if you had all your data saved you could have done a factory restore and that would of course lose the data but put the machine back to out of the factory condition.

Now you say you can only find the audio driver for 2012 but this one is 2013 try it Drivers & Software for HP ProBook 6560b Notebook PC - HP Support Center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398731-audio-computer-displays-its-working-but-no-audio-coming-through.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently did some housecleaning with No Audio, stopped Pro working. - has Audio XP Solved: my pc and now the audio isn t working I had shut off some services not windows audio service I also used adaware programs of which only a few low threat items were listed Overall the system is pretty clean But for some reason the audio stopped working I have updated the creative soundblaster live drivers just in case I patched them as well Solved: XP Pro - No Audio, Audio has stopped working. Still nothing so I uninstalled the audio I then reinstalled it and also moved it into different pci slots Windows picks it up each time and everything seems to work fine If I run Windows Media Player it acts like it s playing the music If I run system sounds through audio in the control panel they act like they Solved: XP Pro - No Audio, Audio has stopped working. play fine But still no sound coming from the speakers I switched the audio card with another It also installed fine but still no sound I then tested the speakers on another system and they had sound on that system I just don t know what could have gone wrong I went back and reenabled all services just in case there was a dependency for Windows Audio that was keeping it from working I just don t understand how the light on the speaker that shows its getting audio from another system works fine but hooking it up to this one the green light doesn t come on It s like the signal isn t being transmitted out from Windows even though the audio programs are saying it is I also checked audio properties in the taskbar to make sure that for audio playback that the audio card is the selected device I also Solved: XP Pro - No Audio, Audio has stopped working. checked to make sure that the audio is not muted I have patched the system and updated all the drivers for all the hardware It s a Dell Everything was working fine There is one unknown device but I believe it to be part of the help and support feature that DELL had for this series of systems But that was always present before I don t know if there is something internal to how windows handles audio that needs to be reinstalled I really don t want to reinstall windows Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a p11 turtle beach headset and since my audio stops working after a while. This happend on Windows 8.1 and still occurs now that i have Windows 10. When i try to go to sound and then playback devices, playback devices stops responding and i cannot accesS it. When i restart my pc, everything is back to normal and i have sound again. I updated my drivers of my motherboard (p8 q77 m-2) but that didn't fix it. I checked the drivers of the headset and they are also up to date. I dont know what i can do anymore to fix this so i would like if you guys could help me a bit.

sincerly,

Guust

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-problems-audio-stops-working.1154633/
Relevancy 43%

Hey,

Having massive issues with trying to get the sound to work on any webpage. I've checked all the sound settings and they are fine, but if i go onto youtube etc it doesn't want to work.

Any ideas on what it could be?

all help wouldnt be excellent!

Kimmeh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-on-webpages-not-working-but-working-for-media-player-etc.734330/
Relevancy 42.14%

My self built computer recently had a change of motherboard, I now have a Asrock N68C-GS FX.

The front cases' and computers back audio jack are not working, I have tried numerous headphones and speakers.

However my USB headset works perfectly. My drivers are all up to date, I'm struggling to think a reason why it's not working.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, lee.

A:Audio Jack not working, but USB Audio is.

I would check your motherboards connectors, check your manual for audio connections

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/289616-audio-jack-not-working-but-usb-audio.html
Relevancy 42.14%

i have front usb-audio. the headphone and mic jack are not working. the usb works fine. the cable to the audio1 is connected to the motherboard correctly, because there is only one way to connect it. why does the headphone and mic jacks not work? do i have to set something in the bios or through windows,etc. ,etc.?

A:front usb-audio(audio/mic not working)

by the way i have integrated sound that works in the back, the case came with the front usb-audio. i built the computer myself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-usb-audio-audio-mic-not-working.110817/
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently did some housecleaning with my pc and now the audio isn t working I had shut off some services not windows audio service I also used adaware programs of which only a few low threat items were listed Overall the system is pretty clean But for some reason the audio stopped working I have updated the creative soundblaster live drivers just in case I patched them as well Still nothing so I uninstalled the audio I then reinstalled it and also moved it into different pci slots Windows picks it up each time and everything seems to work fine If I run Windows Media Player it acts like it s playing the music If I run system sounds through audio in the control panel they act like they play fine But still no sound coming from the speakers I switched the audio card with another It also installed fine but still no sound I then tested the speakers - Audio XP No has stopped Audio, working. Pro on another system and they had sound on that system I just don t know what could have gone wrong I went back and reenabled all services just in case there was a dependency for Windows Audio that was keeping it from working I just don t understand how the light on the speaker that shows its getting audio from another system works fine but hooking it up to this one the green light doesn t come on It s like the signal isn t being transmitted out from Windows even though the audio programs are saying it is I also checked audio properties in the taskbar to make sure that for audio playback that the audio card is the selected device I also checked to XP Pro - No Audio, Audio has stopped working. make sure that the audio is not muted I have patched the system and updated all the drivers for all the hardware It s a Dell Everything was working fine There is one unknown device but I believe it to be part of the help and support feature that DELL had for this series of systems But that was always present before I don t know if there is something internal to how windows handles audio that needs to be reinstalled I really don t want to reinstall windows Thanks in advance nbsp

A:XP Pro - No Audio, Audio has stopped working.

When the speakers are connected to another system, as soon as the other systems turn on, the green power light for the speakers turn on. These speakers are powered by an adapter that plugs into the wall, they aren't powered by usb. But when those speakers are plugged into this pc's audio card, the green light does not come on at power on or even when fully into windows. Its like the pci slots aren't getting power or something? But if that was so, wouldn't the audio cards not be read by the system? So, I don't know, so confused.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-pro-no-audio-audio-has-stopped-working.95135/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm running a Dell XPS which came with Windows Vista I decided this morning that I was going to give Windows a try backed up some media on another PC and did a completely fresh install Everything worked perfectly I didn't even Audio Output Installed" Audio Device "No working, stops have to install any drivers Audio stops working, "No Audio Output Device Installed" My native resolution was automatically correct the sound worked Audio stops working, "No Audio Output Device Installed" the internet worked everything was dandy It worked perfectly and for the record I really enjoyed it I used it for several hours getting used to the new features and whatnot I went to sleep for a few hours and then went out for a while When I came back the sound had stopped working It gave me no error at the time it just didn't work WinAmp wouldn't play my MP s Youtube videos were without audio system sounds weren't playing and yet the volume was enabled and at an audible level of My speakers were still connected properly too I figured maybe a reboot was in order and when I restarted there was no sound still Now however the speaker taskbar icon had a red x next to it with the words quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot on the tooltip I rebooted again and there was no change Using the Windows trouble shooter it says that quot Hardware changes might not have been detected quot The odd thing is this has happened to me before with Windows Vista I wanted to perform a clean re-install of Vista and when I did so the sound worked perfectly for a few hours before going out again I would re-install Vista and the sound would come back and then go away again after several hours with no logical rhyme or reason About five Vista reformats in the problem ceased and it worked for upwards of a year and was still working when I decided to try When it started happening on I figured alright I've got nothing to lose and re-installed again Didn't work Now it installed without sound at all and three additional re-install attempts have gotten the same results I'd really appreciate it if maybe somebody had some ideas I really want to give this a go for a while

A:Audio stops working, "No Audio Output Device Installed"

Hi filmtrauma, welcome to the forums.

While you have been asleep, Windows Update may have installed a new Sound driver for you which may have caused this error. Open Windows Update and click 'View Update History'....

You could try downloading the latest drivers from the hardware manufacturer, a lot are now supporting Windows 7 too..

Also, is your sound hardware plugged in (to the motherboard) securely? It's rare but i've dealt with some cases of hardware coming loose, might be worth a look. Another thing to check may be the temperature of the card, it may be getting overly hot due to a dust build up (might not be, i'm not 100% up-to-date on all sound hardware).

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/19963-audio-stops-working-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 38.27%

audio not working at all......... i tried :

1. Check Volume Control, it says "No Audio Device" (all greyed out)

2. Check the Device Manager, Installed the Software, but it says "The device cannot start (code 10)"

3. Check BIOS settings, but there's no option for audio.... what i think is related to audio devices is just one, Azalia Codec. i set it to Automatic.

4. Checked my Speaker, connected it to CD player, and it works.

5. Checked my MoBo, but it seems fine, just one thing that is not connected, F_AUDIO. i connected it and my speaker still silent.

6. Tried to jack my speaker cable into another speaker port. nothing happens.

7. tried to use headphone instead of speaker. still silent.

so, what i do now?!? playing games is not fun anymore without sound......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-audio-not-working.627369/
Relevancy 38.27%

PLEASE!!! HELP
At the bottom of my screen is the task bar and my audio button is there but with a red cross on it and I can't listen to my music. When I slide my mouse across it it says No Audio Output is installed but I've got Realtek High definition Audio??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-isnt-working.1157003/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi everyone I just received a fairly new computer I d say about months old that is Windows XP and ever since I have got it everything works perfectly except for the audio there is none It says that there is a sound card and that everything is working fine as well as listed as the correct one in use Audio Working Not but after attempting with several speakers and headphones in both the front and back of the computer I can not get any audio whatsoever Though I have a basic understanding of computers I m a bit perplexed as to what the problem would be and would truly appreciate any assistance or advice that could be given I dont mind having to replace the sound card but because of windows telling me its okay and the lack of want to go ahead Audio Not Working with out someone elses opinions or suggestions If i should replace the sound card any further suggestions for that aswell would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance SupaFred nbsp

A:Audio Not Working

Go to device manager and see if you have any yellow marks next to a device. Post a screenshot of device manager. It will look something like this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working.661822/
Relevancy 38.27%

hi, i have a new windows 7 installed and i wanted to play music, but my audio isn't working. The speaker toolbar down the bottom right has a 'Red cross' on it. it says "no audio output device is installed. i went to device manager and on "high definition audio device" has an exclamation mark. the description says device cannot start. (code 10).
how can i get my audio to work?

A:My audio isn't working!

In the BIOS, is onboard audio enabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/154028-my-audio-isnt-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I've installed my audio drivers, and everything works fine for awhile after I re-boot, but then I see the following error.. Then My sound goes out and when I click my volume control I get this..But I was able to adjust my volume for a few minutes after re-booting.. Then it acts like it's not installed, but in device manager it's there and no problems.. Any Ideas?..PS.. I've tried un-installing and re-installing the drivers, and even running CCleaner, with no luck..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140280/audio-not-working-right/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have had an HP laptop for a couple months. When i first got it the sound wasnt working AT ALL, so I downloaded a driver and it all worked. Now all of a sudden my sound has decided to stop working when I load up computer games, such as world of warcraft, left 4 dead, etc. but my sound still works when playing videos and music... I have an IDT high def audio CODEC and I don't know how to change it. My OS is vista. Help please?

A:Audio not working

Where did you download the driver from?
We need to know the exact model number of your HP

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216560/audio-not-working/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a window 8.1 and when I open my laptop today the sound wasn't working I tried everything I even try to download apps for the sound to come back does anyone know how to fix this with no apps and usb?????

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15ffabe4-1222-4a3a-a956-c159e32ea8a4/audio-is-not-working?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello...

I have 2 sources of Audio, on-board (AC-97) and a Creative Sound Card (Audigy Live!).

Here's the problem...

The on-board sound is not listed in the audio devices list, but the drivers are installed (and have been re-installed). I have also tried looking for it with the Add New Hardware wizard, which didn't detect it.

Secondly, I have installed the drivers for the Creative Sound Card, and set it as the device for audio, but I still don't have sound.

A solution to one/both of these problems would be most appreciated!

Are you trying to use both sources at the same time? This isn't a good idea. You should go into your bios and disable the onboard sound, then concentrate on the Audigy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working.427869/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi: I have a PC running Windows XP. It has an NVIDIA nFORCE 430/410 Serial ATA Controller. Uses M2NPV-WM motherboard? I recently got a virus and so I completely wiped it clean and reinstalled Windows. Now I have no sound at all.

On Device Manager, under Other Devices it lists Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus with a yellow question and exclamation mark.

I have installed Windows Service Pack 3 for XP. I have installed NVIDIA nForce 430/410 Serial ATA Controller driver. I have installed Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio (which shows on Device Manager under System Devices that it is working properly).

When I go to the Audio Device with the exclamation it says I have no drivers installed. I don't know how to figure out what drivers I need and/or how to find them to make this device work.

HELP!!!

Relevancy 38.27%

i am using lenovo g500s notebook. i have a problem with sound. sometime no audio comes from speaker but its comes automatically after restart the laptop... i have up to date drivers.....plz help me out

A:audio not working

If this happens while you listen to an Internet Radio, the problem may be with the transmission.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49003-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an IBM Audio Not Working GL computer with onboard sound and I am having trouble getting drivers due to the fact that I don t know what I m doing when it comes to drivers Can someone tell me the name of the driver I m supposed to be searching for Am I supposed to be looking for the motherboard driver or the audio driver Thanks so much Here s some info on my system I used Everest to gather the info Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows SE OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX Audio Not Working b Computer Name HOME Audio Not Working User Name Dennis Brin Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE MHz x Motherboard Name IBM U Motherboard Chipset VIA VT C X Apollo Pro A System Memory MB SDRAM BIOS Type IBM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter SR Xtreme - MB SGRAM MB D Accelerator S Savage Multimedia Audio Adapter ESS Technology Allegro- COMM AudioDrive nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

So for not Audio IDT working PC a number of weeks I've been having problems with my computer's sound It just doesn't work there is zero sound and the volume control settings are not operational I can get the sound to temporarily work by doing a HP system recovery IDT PC Audio not working but that's only temporary the sound'll be present for at best an hour and then it'll abruptly stop again I've reupdated the driver and restored the system multiple times now with unfavourable results I did a deep system analysis on System Mechanic and I found that of my IDT PC Audio not working PC's reliability report was IDT PC IDT PC Audio not working Audio nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp stopped working nbsp First of all what is the IDT PC Audio I'm assuming it's the audio driver and or a codec nbsp I've figured out from system analysis that the IDT PC Audio not working is the problem resulting in no sound but I haven't been able to get a solution anywhere nbsp How can I find a solution and hopefully get my sound operational again nbsp Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/IDT-PC-Audio-not-working/td-p/5646724
Relevancy 38.27%

Just got a new computer that was already assembled. It's brand new. I've tried plugging in my headset and some speakers into the front and back audio ports but it just plays a constant buzzing sound. when i look at playback devices the speakers and headset dont show up. ive checked my drivers and they are all up to date. please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working.1046368/
Relevancy 38.27%

Yesterday I took my GPU out to clean it. Next day my audio didn't work properly. I'm using an Astro headset which connects to a Mixamp with a headset jacket, the same ones that headphones use. The mixamp goes into the computer via a usb. If I pull the jacket out of the mixamp a tiny bit, the audio works just fine tho. But my microphone doesnt work if I do that. I dont know what to do tbh. I updated all drivers, so I think something in my computer is damaged.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157856.0.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Just yesterday my brother decided to completely reload Windows XP. All was going fine and dadny until I noticed that the sound wasn't working. I tried three different types of headphones, the speakers the computer came with, and nothing.

I looked and it says that I use ATI HD Audio rear output.

I also just installed a new ATI video card and I was wondering if maybe instead of detecting my old sound card as the primary one, it somehow accepts the video card as a sound output.

I don't know if that made any sense but, I would really love some help

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello.
My Audio not Working. I reinstall driver too and Windows detected my Sound card but when I Plug the headphone or Speaker, Windows can't detect it.
My Headphone is OK too.

Any idea ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1fd1c632-399b-4778-969c-bde29c6736d8/audio-not-working-?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 38.27%

First and foremost Audio working not my computer model is a Sony Vaio VGN-NR E The situation Sitting here listening to music audio shuts down I do a quick check to notice that the speaker icon has a red x and says quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot I check my Device Manager only to find this error For my driver under quot sound video and Audio not working game controllers listed as quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code quot I have done a simple restart multiple times with no avail I then disabled and enabled the driver I Audio not working uninstalled the driver restarted and did a quot Scan for Hardware changes quot to reinstall I went to the Realtek site to attempt to find a driver or to find an updated driver attempted to install it using the steps they listed I succeeded but with similar messages Code I went to the Sony site with my model number and found my model's original sound driver to re-install with no luck I then scanned for updates for the most recent driver for this and still nothing Would anyone have any recommendations for me to try next Everything else runs alright but the error code has not changed

Delete all your driver files after you uninstalled it and then reinstall the driver again.

After you've done done check in Device manager to see if the device is working properly or not.

You say it's just the output that aint working? Meaning your audio inputs are okay?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-not-working-434817.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Alright I've been doing tons of things to get sound and nothing has worked, so I put my old PC speakers on this computer and it WAS working!, I was hearing sound and everthing was going ok so I tried plugging the speakers into my soundcard and it wasnt making sound so I plugged it back into the mobo and now the speakers are not making any sound!

I dont understand this one bit, how can my speakers work and then, just by taking it out for less then ten seconds and putting it back in the speakers stop working. What would cause this?

A:Audio not working.

Hi

Maybe you can explain things again. Did the sound ever work on the problem computer? The old speakers worked when you tried them. Tried them where? I guess you have onboard sound and a sound card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working.542016/
Relevancy 38.27%

My speakers are built into my monitor.
My monitor is plugged in with VGA on the monitor side and plugged into a DVI thing which is then plugged into the PC.

The audio cord is plugged in with an audion in/out jack.

I opened up control panel and clicked "Sound".
Under the playback tab there is 1 device

Digital Audio (HDMI)
High Definition Audio Device
Not plugged in

I'm not using an HDMI cord though, and it's not picking up the audio in/out cord.
Can someone help?

EDIT: I went into Device Manager
In the "Sound" Tab
High Definition Audio Device
Right Click
Properties
Device Status : working properly
I even checked for new drivers but couldn't find any

If you are plugged into the PC via VGA or even DVI, that does not contain any audio.

You have to use a separate connection from the PC's GREEN Speaker out jack to the monitor. Along with the audio cable to the monitor, some monitors also require a separate power supply for the audio. You didn't provide any specs as to what the Monitor is so I can't say for sure in your case.

The "Speakers" should be set to the Default Audio Playback device in the Sound Panel. The HDMI is a separate connection and is only active if you have an HDMI cable plugged in - but that would not get you audio in your monitor's speakers.

You must have "Speakers" in your Sound panel in order to get the speaker output audio. "High Definition Audio Device" usually suggests the generic Windows installed sound driver and in many cases you need the PC vendor (or motherboard vendor in the case of a home built system) sound drivers for proper operation.

This is all I can tell you without any system specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/254360-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Please help me try to figure this out.

I am running Windows XP 32-bit SP3.

My audio is onboard the motherboard, not an aftermarket purchase.

My motherboard is a few years old...It is the MSI-K9VMM.

I reformatted 4 months ago, and my sound has never worked again! It worked perfectly before the reformat!

I used the MSI Live 4 program to find the latest drivers, everything worked, even the sound one installed and my device manager indicates that it is present and "working properly"

I used Driver Genius Pro to update ALL out-of-date drivers.

I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the same drivers, to no avail, rebooted 300+ times, no avail. I have tried older drivers, nothing works!

Its not my speakers, i can plug in my Ipod to the speakers and they work.

Yes, i checked if things are muted.
WHAT could be wrong?

A:My audio is not working!

Hi, One thing that by the way you write I would think you have already checked is the BIOS- some will let you Disable
the onboard sound chip to use an added card....you should check the settings to rule this out.

You could also, simply Uninstall /Remove the device in Device Manager and let it reinstall, often this will fix this type of issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-audio-is-not-working.905957/
Relevancy 38.27%

i have windows xp ., when i play any media files from pc or internet., i couldnot her the soung i have realtek audio device.
thankyou

A:audio not working

Do you have sound (ex) Windows sounds when you start the computer and shut down etc? Double click the Volume icon in the System Tray by the clock and make sure all the volumes are all the way up and none are muted. Especially WAVE.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-not-working-636542.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey everyone Recently i upgraded from Win SE to Win XP Professional and in the check it told me XP AC'97 with working Audio not i would have problems with my sound and i figured ah just drivers and anyway after it was all going again i installed the drivers from my motherboard CD which is MSI KT Ultra which froze the computer and wouldnt let me start up so i formatted AC'97 Audio not working with XP again and then i got some drivers from AC'97 Audio not working with XP www driverguide com i managed to get some drivers for the Epox board with the AC sound which works but sounds kinda muffely and if im playing a game and have music going it sounds laggy kinda and i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get specific drivers for this sound and my MB and btw im using the onboard sound Avance AC Audio and LOTS of boards use this sound so there must be XP drivers for it out there Any help would be appreciated please Josh nbsp

A:AC'97 Audio not working with XP

Hi Josh -

See if <A HREF="http://www.biostar.com.tw/support/driver/sound.php3">this</A> link helps. The driver they provide is for an Intel Base Chipset mobo and is partway down the page.

Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ac97-audio-not-working-with-xp.86573/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion dv5z-1000 CTO Entertainment Laptop. The audio on my computer is not working. I am trying to watch music videos on Youtube and they do not work. When I double click on the little audio speaker icon in the lower right hand corner, it has a green bar that is moving up and down.

I have tried installing ATI Radeon Catalyst Driver and it isn't working.

Also, there is this little "audio button" that I can hit with my finger on the laptop that mutes/unmutes the audio. When I hit this, it muted the audio, I can tell because the little speaker has an x. but usually the button goes red. It doesn't when I hit it now.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

A:Audio Not Working, please help

Hello,

The first thing I would recommend trying is uninstalling you sound card driver, then reinstalling it. To do this, go to your device manager. To get to device manager, right click on computer, then left click on manage. On the left hand side of the box that comes up, you will see device manager. Double click your audio device and uninstall. Once done, reboot your computer. You can download the audio driver for your system from HP. See this link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3759541#N150

Make sure that you choose the correct OS before downloading.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working-please-help.988744/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I was listening to some music last night and all of a sudden, the sound flicked off. No pop or bang to signify popped speakers, just cut off.

Since then I have tried updating all drivers for everything under the audio + of devices properties, and rolling back but nothing works. I am just about to try a system restore however I am wondering if there is a single problem that can be fixed.

My computer:

XP Home
AMD Athlon 3000+
NVidia Nforce 6600 GT
512 mb RAM
30 gb HDD
K8 Triton GA-K8N-SLI
Realtek AC'9 Audio
with Panasonic SA-PM03 powered stereo speakers.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

A:Audio not working =[

plug the speakers into something else before you go reformatting... just encase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-not-working.73799/
Relevancy 38.27%

just plugged my computer back in from taking it to a friend's house for gaming and audio is not working. this particular motherboard requires me to unplug and plug the pc in quickly for it to boot, a very inconvenient flaw which i'm hoping is not related to my audio not working

when i shutdown vista, there is a pop in my speakers which is normal which might be an indication of... something

going to download and install some drivers from somewhere, not sure which ones... i'll try different ones...

anyone know what is likely the problem or something i could check?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working.602440/
Relevancy 38.27%

I've been having issues with audio both in the speakers and through headphones. I hear absolutely no sound in either my headphones or my speakers.  Headphones work fine with other devices.  Everything in computer is up to date, as far as I know.  Troubleshooting hasn't helped, and I not sure how to fix this. 
 I'm using the inspiron 7359, if that's relevant.  
Please help!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19993101
Relevancy 38.27%

I have spent hours trying to fix this problem, I have called countless numbers yet they just want me to pay for some servi e so this is my last hope.

It all started when I purchased a new Blue Yeti Microphone. I took it out of the box and connected the USB to the computer. It asked me on Skype if it wanted to make the Blue Yeti my default Speakers and Recording device. I said yes to both. I later realized that my headset was connected via USB and could not connect via aux to my Yeti mic so I went to my sound settings and set my Yeti to default recording and set my USB headset to default playback device. Now nothing comes out of my headset. I have tried updating all the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I dont want to mess with this microphone any longer. Please try to help. Thanks

A:Audio Not Working! Please Help!

OK, no one has any idea what hardware you have, what operating system you are using, etc. Post ALL of your exact specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working-please-help.1163946/
Relevancy 38.27%

System Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit

So my audio has a red cross on it. Ive tried updating the Realtek high definition audio driver/disabling/uninstalling/re-installing. NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK

Need help urgently.

Also it does not seem to be a hardware issue since i was able to run sound on a temporary W7 running on the same laptop.

A:Audio not working!! HELP!

What make/model PC?

In the Sound/Audio properties what is listed as the default playback device?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-not-working-help-660181.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My audio is not working. I move my cursor over the audio icon and it says "the audio service is not running"

This problem is sometimes accompanied by the "failed to connect to a windows service"when i start my laptop and sometimes my laptop starts normally.

I have installed the latest drivers but the problem persists.

A:Audio is not working

Hi Superdude1

Seems you're having a number of problems! Please tell us the make/model of your computer? What version of Windows? and what Service Pack level is installed?

Also, do you have your Windows installation CD (you'll need it should we want to try "repairing" your Windows installation later, if it comes to that)

Also, please Check Problem Devices report

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Also please provide a snapshot of your Windows services status and configuration
1) Download Serviwin Run it and click View->Services
2) Click on a service then Ctrl-A to Select All, Ctrl-C to copy, Ctrl-V to paste into Notepad (Programs->Accessories->Notepad)
3) Save as a .txt file and attach to next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-is-not-working.150268/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

Today when I tried to play songs on iTunes I discovered that, although they will load and display the song name and artist at the top, the audio itself will not move past 0:00, and will not play. I then attempted to load a music video on YouTube, only to discover that although the video moves, I can't hear the audio on YouTube either. I downloaded and installed some Windows 7 Audio Codecs from Windows 7 Codec Pack , but it did nothing. How do I fix this problem?

EDIT: It is probably worth noting that when I opened my TweetDeck I did hear sounds.

Quote: Originally Posted by nosouvenirs

Hello,

Today when I tried to play songs on iTunes I discovered that, although they will load and display the song name and artist at the top, the audio itself will not move past 0:00, and will not play. I then attempted to load a music video on YouTube, only to discover that although the video moves, I can't hear the audio on YouTube either. I downloaded and installed some Windows 7 Audio Codecs from Windows 7 Codec Pack , but it did nothing. How do I fix this problem?

EDIT: It is probably worth noting that when I opened my TweetDeck I did hear sounds.

Could be a driver, the codecs made it worse. so you are getting sound in some apps but not others?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/83759-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have been trying to get my audio to work on my computer but everything i try doesnt seem to work at all. I have checked the volume and its fine and i've re-installed my drivers twice and nothing. i dont know whats wrong. ive also checked to make sure that its hooked up and it is. nothing seems to be wrong but still it doesnt work. i dont know what to do. i have windows XP and i have a gateway computer. my moniter is a flat screen with speakers built in. please help! thank you.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I just upgraded from Windows XP 64 bit to Windows 7 64 bit, and after installation of the latest windows 7 audio drivers for my motherboard (sound didnt work before), I still have no sound.

Then I look in the sound settings, it just tells me to plug it in, and I am put my speakers in all the ports just to check.

The motherboard is an AsRock P45XE, any ideas on why it isn't working?

Thanks,

Leyton Reed

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling your sound drivers. I had the exact same problem as you, the computer said the sound was working fine, but no sound was coming out. I uinstalled the drivers and reinstalled them from the mobo CD and the sound worked again..not sure of the exact problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-not-working-506070.html
Relevancy 38.27%

my audio hardware not working properly
it is showing error code 10

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi i got a problem with the audio on an emachines not working Audio the Audio not working psu and mobo died but i got a replacement that was close to the original from another emachines anyway i got all the drivers installed usb works everything works great except no sound the board is an intel d gvsr which has realtek audio on it I tried different versions of the drivers to no avail Now im wondering if this could be a hardware problem because the front audio header doesn t fit at all it was proprietary to the original board so it didn t match up so i put jumpers there instead to route it to the back as per http www intel com design motherbd sr sr confg htm but i think audio in the rear should work even if i dint do this jsut line out and mic wouldn t work If anyone know what im doing wrong or why it doesn t work it will be appreciated The only other option is a new sound card thanks EDIT unbuntu works with the speakers damn this makes it more confusing becaue its a driver problem in xp it looks like nbsp

fixed it, had to try a few emachine drivers which seamed to be the same as the regular, but it worked so im happpy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-not-working.90458/
Relevancy 38.27%

Alright, so I had an update this morning for my Spectre. Fortunately, the update fixed a previous problem that I had had. Spotify was not working, I kept getting a pop-up that said "the spotify application is not responding". I can now open spotify; however, the audio has stopped functioning entirely. I cannot even adjust the volume. When I click the speaker icon on the lower right portion of the screen, I get a message saying I need to restart my computer. I did that, yet the problem remains. If I were to try the speaker icon again, I would get another pop-up saying the problem could not be detected. Has anyone else with a spectre had similar problems? I am taking a Spanish class online, ideally, I should not need to send my computer to HP for repairs. The computer is new, I have been using it for roughly three weeks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/The-audio-is-not-working/td-p/5741249
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently had a major problem with my system that required a reinstallation of the O/S and my software. Now I have an audio problem. I can't get any sounds out of my desktop. When I plug in my external speakers, I get all the sounds including a music CD. I looked at the sounds entry in the Control Panel but couldn't find anything that would turn off the internal speakers. Any ideas?

From your post it sounds like you have a laptop?

First thing, did you reinstall the correct hardware sound drivers with the reinstallation?

Second, is the "Speakers" set as the default audio playback device? Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel, Playback section to check the default audio playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/397636-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Ok.
So I have a Realtek AC'97 audio driver which is built onto the system. For the past month now, I have been receiving difficuties with my speakers and headphones. I do not beleive its anything to do with the speakers or headphones, but, all i can hear from the headphones is crackling, when the computer is turned on. I have tried reinstalling the driver, updating it. I have done everything. I don't know what else to do.
Do you think i need a new sound driver?
Thanks in advance,
James Bell

A:HELP! My Audio is not working!

Forgot to mention, I have the headphones in the right jack, i tried everyone infact.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-audio-is-not-working.64323/
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently had a major problem with my system that required a reinstallation of the O/S and my software. Now I have an audio problem. I can't get any sounds out of my desktop. When I plug in my external speakers, I get all the sounds including a music CD. I looked at the sounds entry in the Control Panel but couldn't find anything that would turn off the internal speakers. Any ideas?

From your post it sounds like you have a laptop?

First thing, did you reinstall the correct hardware sound drivers with the reinstallation?

Second, is the "Speakers" set as the default audio playback device? Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel, Playback section to check the default audio playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397636-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello!

My graphics card burned out and we had to change it. After buying a new one (Radeon HD4300/4500 series) and installing it, our computer was very slow in starting up and kept crashing. We thought that this was due to conflicting audio cards, so we disabled every audio-related thing we had and sure enough, the computer started working better. But now here's my question - how do I go about getting my sound to work again? I will post any required info if you ask.

Thanks in advance!

A:Audio not working anywhere

Can you post your full system specs including make and model of computer and if it's a custom build the motherboard model.

Also, can you check Device Manager for any warnings. Right click on My Computer and select 'Manage' then in the Computer Management window select 'Device Manager' on the left.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-not-working-anywhere-561607.html
Relevancy 38.27%

okay so I was listening to music using spotify and I got up and accidentally jerked my headphones out of my computer and now spotify is saying that there is a problem with my sound card and so nothing on my computer has sound. please help as soon as you can.

A:My audio isn't working

The Headphone jacks on many PC's have extra contacts that tell the PC if a headset is plugged in. Could be that jack got damaged. If that jack is damaged it will think there is still a headset plugged in and there will not be any speaker sound.

The damaged headset jack is one possibility. Can't say what else could have happened. Is the "Speakers" (the PC sound card) shown as the default Playback device? in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel playback section?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/352457-my-audio-isnt-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I have a HP dv laptop and im having issues with my sound Recently the audio device has magically vanished from my system Now I would take it as bad hardware and cry myself to sleep but yesterday while watching a youtube video the sound worked and my audio device was back Sadly I had also just finished installing a new AV and had to restart and my audio device was missing again I remember the Audio Device was a Conexant High Definition Smart Audio system specs Code Operating System MS Windows Ultimate -bit CPU AMD Turion X Mobile TL- F Tyler nm Technology RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Quanta CF Socket S Graphics LP WX -TLC x MB GeForce M nForce M HP F Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD BEVS- working is Audio not UST ATA Device IDE Audio is not working F Optical Drives Optiarc DVD RW AD- A ATA Device UPIR QJ AJGDQB SCSI CdRom Device Audio No audio card detected

Quote: Originally Posted by Anthonywolfe

Hi, I have a HP dv6700 laptop and im having issues with my sound. Recently the audio device has magically vanished from my system. Now I would take it as bad hardware and cry myself to sleep but yesterday while watching a youtube video the sound worked and my audio device was back. Sadly I had also just finished installing a new AV and had to restart and my audio device was missing again.

I remember the Audio Device was a Conexant High Definition Smart Audio 221

system specs

Code:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
CPU
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 121 ?F
Tyler 65nm Technology
RAM
3.0GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Quanta 30CF (Socket S1)
Graphics
LP154WX4-TLC8 @ 1280x800
128MB GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M (HP) 144 ?F
Hard Drives
117GB Western Digital WDC WD1200BEVS-60UST0 ATA Device (IDE) 114 ?F
Optical Drives
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7560A ATA Device
UPIR 49QJ49AJGDQB SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
No audio card detected

Probably just a driver issue. google the audio chipset and install the driver in safe mode.

Let us know if this doesnt help
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/137276-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Maximus 3 gene mobo, and im using the stock sound card [Creative SupremeFX X-Fi]. I have it all set up, test the speakers and i get sound from each one. But when i play music or have any sound playing ill only get sound from 1 audio jack. Ive tested the speakers on my other pc and they work perfectly. I have the newest updates/bios ect, so i have no clue if its a windows 7 [ultimate x64] and driver problem, broken driver, broken mobo or what. Ive tried everything i could think of, and ive emailed Asus numerous times and still no reply what so ever. Any help would be amazing

Thx, Dw

A:5.1 audio not working

For starters, install the latest bios - Maximus III Gene 2001 BIOS (2010/07/30 update)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/110779-5-1-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello

i recently just built my pc and installed windows 7 for it. i have installed all drivers but my sound isnt working. iv tried listening to music on youtube and the music is either really low or cannot hear the singer (but can still hear the beat playing). i have tried to go on games but the sound does not work on them either and normally cuts out. please help

Shogun054,
Welcome to SF. Are using only the sound on the mobo?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/222422-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

To start out I am running Windows ultimate edition -bit My working help not Please Audio audio stopped working yesterday and I can t fix the problem Before it was working fine I turned my Audio not working Please help PC on yesterday and couldn t get it audio to work The last time it was on and the audio was working fine I had installed some new software Malwarebytes bitdefender and Microsoft Office so that might be it I also checked and there was a window update that also occurred There is a little red x on my speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar When I left click on it windows tries to fix it unsurprisingly unsuccessful and says that one or more audio services isn t running When I right click on it and press on playback or recording devices it says that No audio devices are installed When I click on sounds it says that windows audio service is not running and if I would like to enable it I click on yes but that doesn t fix it Now to the specifics I have done a system restore to the earliest point possible and it still didn t fix the problem I have uninstalled Malwarebytes and bitdefender In several places I read that people messed with msconfig startup and I did too but that was AFTER the problem occured I have uninstalled and re-installed my audio driver several times My sound-card is HT striker and the mobo audio is also not working My soundcard is displayed in the device manager and when I right click and click on properties it says it is working fine I have gone into services and Windows Audio is set to automatic but it is not started Before when I clicked on start quot Error The process terminated unexpectedly quot would pop up I then restarted my pc and tried it again but this time quot Error The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process quot pops up I clicked on properties and clicked on Log On tab and have it boxed for this account I am pretty sure I have the right account boxed on This problem is still present All other services that Windows audio depends on are working fine When this problem occurred google chrome flash player also stopped working got problem x a but I just re-installed chrome and the problem went away Several times I ve had to troubleshoot my internet connection because it wouldn t connect on start-up but this is easily fixed by windows troubleshooter Well those are all the details that I can think of right now if I missed anything I ll post it up I ve also attached the hijackthis and dds files Thank you for your efforts in trying to fix my problem nbsp

A:Audio not working Please help

Well I figured out what was wrong, am hoping this will help any other people that are having similar problems. To fix the problem I re-installed windows since I could not find a solution anywhere. The thing is though that after I re-installed another error came up and since it was already the 4th time I had to re-install windows in the past 2 months because of random errors I finally realized it was a hardware issue. I only thought it was software (windows updates) because the problems would ALWAYS happen after a windows update. Anyway I checked my HD for errors and sure enough it was faulty. So to anyone having similar/random errors that re-installing windows wont fix check your hardware...Do memtest86+, check HD...HD Tune, and clear bios, it will most likely be one of those at fault. I hope others learn from my headache lol.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working-please-help.1057399/
Relevancy 38.27%

Just a question:
Has anyone found decent drivers compatible with Win8, that work, for the IDT high definition audio on HP pavilion DV7 laptops?

Thanks
Hopachi

A:IDT hd audio not working

Find your hardware id string for it in device manager then put it in this website. Use the one with unique subsys string, of the 4. Leave out the revision part. Usually 2nd string down from top.

(Properties | Details tab | Change dropdown to say Hardware ids)

The larger drivers with the same date as smaller are x64. Smaller are x86.

Microsoft Update Catalog

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/6378-idt-hd-audio-not-working.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently had my comp repaired, new mother board and new processor. After i got it back i noticed things like you tube and msn were not making any noise. I got a friends help last night and downloaded something which has allowed me to hear those sounds again, but i then found out i cant use my micraphone on skype, i tried the test on msn and the first time i was getting results for voice on the mic, so it is working and plugged in correctly. But afterwards i was still unable to make voice calls on skype, or use the mic. Also when the comp came back from repairs it had a new programme installed HD ADeck. I am fairly hopeless with problems like this, so i am just basically wondering if there is any programme i can download that could calibrate my voice setting for me.

A:Audio set up not working

1. Did your new motherboard come with a drivers disc?
2. Did you load all the appropriate drivers for your PC?
3. Does your new motherboard have a built-in sound card, or did you have to put one in?

I did a Google Search on HD ADeck. It's some sort of sound program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-set-up-not-working.581378/
Relevancy 38.27%

Windows: 10

My laptop has had no audio for the past couple months. I believe that my computer thinks that there is a headphone plugged in because before it stopped working, it only worked with headphones plugged in.
And I do believe that green circle means that there is something plugged in?
I have had no luck and have looked on the internet for hours on end, many days in a row now.

Is there any way to disable the headphone jack pin?
I would like to this through the computer instead of having to actually open it up and replace a part if possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-not-working.1167458/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have downloaded the right audio drivers,

RealTek ALC655

I have the MSI K8N Neo-3 FSR mother board.

it reckonizes it and everything, it just wont play sound, ive tried playing sound out of my speakers, and regular headphones..

any help would be much appreciated.

Did you download and install the drivers from MSI support site? Have you run MSI's Internet based update program?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-not-working.118254/
Relevancy 38.27%

HI i am having a serious problem with my laptop , the audio was working fine until i updtated to windows 10 then the audio wasnt working so i downgraded back to windows 8 but still the audio wasnt working i installed every driver i can find but still no use.The sign on the audio icon is a red x and if you hover over it it says no speakers or headphones plugged inIf anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Not-working/td-p/5740084
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an E machines monitor Model: E216T5W, and an E machines desktop computer Model: D5239 and just uninstalled vista and installed windows XP. Currently the Audio does not work and states that it can not find any devices. I checked my Device Manager and found Yellow "?" On Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. And a few others. How do i fix the issue to play sound through my monitor?

A:Audio Not working

When you blew away Vista and installed XP, the install routine looks for drivers for your computers hardware. If it doesn't find them in it's own files, you'll get the ? mark. I believe all you'll have in your monitor is a set of speakers. Even if there are amplifiers in the monitor, it's looking for a signal from your motherboard (mobo). Which means the mobos audio processors need to have drivers.

So what you need to do is go to the manufacturers web site and download drivers for your current OS. You also might have a disk that came with the computer with the drivers on it. There will probably be an audio setup program or you can just let WinXP install the drivers from that disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-not-working-535365.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Well, I have a Toshiba Satellite M35-S359 laptop running Windows XP. Recently, the sound has stopped working. It cant play system sounds except for the little beep you hear whenever you press too many keys at once. I checked under device manager and everything seems to be working well. However, it lists the location of Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, and Video Codecs as "Unknown". The SigmaTel driver isnt digitally signed. If any more information is needed I'll be more than happy to provide. Thanks for the help!

A:Audio Not Working. :-(

Hi, here is the link to your sound driver http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...;all_docs=false

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108732/audio-not-working/
Relevancy 38.27%

I recently got a internet connection in my house.Now,since that time i am unable to hear any sound from my computer.I have tried every troubleshooting option,i hv reinstalled the c-media audio driver but i9n vain.I have also tested my speakers on a different computer and they work perfectly.all the options in the sound and audio options are grayed out.my headphones also do not work.Please help me. I do not wish to reformat my system.
There is a screenshot of the control panel option.

Check in the Device Manager to see if there is a problem with the audio drivers.Go to Start> Run and type in or copy and paste mmc devmgmt.msc Scroll down to Sound, games and video controllers. Click on the + to the left of this to expand the tree.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368081/audio-not-working/
Relevancy 37.84%

Audio jack is not working in my laptop Dell Inspiron15 series 3521.
When i plug my earphones in the audio jack of my laptop and play music then audio is played in speakers not in earphones.

A:Audio Jack Not working

You didn't say which Windows version and bit version is running in that Dell laptop.

What's the exact "service tag' number and/or "express service code" number on it?

Have you checked its volume control and sound properties settings?

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-jack-not-working.1158544/
Relevancy 37.84%

i've recently installed win 8.1 pro N x64 and this has stopped my onboard sound card from working. my mobo is the MSI big bang xpower ii, it was working fine under win 7 home edition x64 but now refuses to do anything. when i try to test the playback device the green bar moves sporadically up and down but there is no sound at all. i have tried installing the latest drivers for everything, i even tried unistalling the device and letting windows re-detect it, which it did and then after it installed it all back to the same problem. its getting really frustrating now so i really hope its just me being stupid and someone can help!

A:Realtek audio not working after win 8.1 pro

Some sound drivers need to be updated to Win 8.1 specific drivers. The Win 7 drivers work OK with Win 8, but not Win 8.1. I even had that problem with one of my recording studio interfaces and Roland had to issue a special Win 8.1 driver for it to work.

According to what I see on the MSI site, this has RealTek integrated audio. If this is the case, RealTek has an 8.1 driver.
Download the High Definition Audio Codecs, 64 bit version. Realtek

You may or may not have to reinstall the SoundBlaster MB software enhancement software after the driver update.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60090-realtek-audio-not-working-after-win-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

I recently installed windows xp sp2. The audio is not working at all. Can anyone please tell me where to find an audio mixer for the pci device?

Many thanks
Lones

A:Audio Mixer Not Working

Hi lones, welcome to BC.
You need the correct audio drivers. These are hardware specific.
If this is a pre-built system, and I have a feeling it is, please post make and model #.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85051/audio-mixer-not-working/
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm going around in circles on this one I just upgraded my ASUS Laptop from Win to Win X It has Via HD Audio Initially sound worked but the microphone didn't I fussed with many settings but nothing seemed to - HD working Via Sound and not Audio Mic work I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers then the mic seems to work but sound doesn't Some of the events that I have encountered are One message said quot Windows has Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working detected that Audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems quot I disabled all enhancements but nothing changedBased on other posts I tried to change the default format to bit and other Hz Nothing worked I tried to play a test tone in the speaker setup and got the message quot Failed to play test tone quot I tried to update the drivers but was informed that I had the latest drivers I went to the VIA web site to look for new drivers but there are none listed for Win Is there something else that I can do or is it just a matter of waiting for new VIA drivers VIA HD Audio is such a common audio chip that I find it hard to imagine that VIA and Microsoft haven't solved the driver problem - particularly given the Insiders Hub process

A:Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

Originally Posted by dsscottage

I'm going around in circles on this one.

I just upgraded my ASUS Laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10 X64. (It has Via HD Audio)

Initially, sound worked but the microphone didn't. I fussed with many settings but nothing seemed to work.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drive, then the mic seems to work but sound doesn't.

Some of the events that I have encountered are:
One message said "Windows has detected that Audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems". I disabled all enhancements but nothing changedBased on other posts, I tried to change the default format to 16 bit and other Hz. Nothing worked.I tried to play a test tone in the speaker setup and got the message "Failed to play test tone".I tried to update the drivers but was informed that I had the latest drivers

I went to the VIA web site to look for new drivers but there are none listed for Win 10.

Is there something else that I can do or is it just a matter of waiting for new VIA drivers? (VIA HD Audio is such a common audio chip that I find it hard to imagine that VIA and Microsoft haven't solved the driver problem - particularly given the Insiders Hub process!)

I have Asus S400CA.
I also had the same problem with mic not working.
First went to device manager.
uninstall all drivers in Audio inputs and outputs.
Then go to sound, video game controllers.
Select VIA HD Audio. There also uninstall the driver.
Reboot Mic works.
Now right click speaker icon on task bar and click playback devises. If you want speaker, select it as default or headphone as default. In 8.1, as soon as we insert headphone, a dialog used to appear and we can select. Here in 10, that does not happen.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/14615-via-hd-audio-sound-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My sound stopped working. My computer says that everything is working fine but its not working at all.
There is this error message I get when I press the start button (the specified module could not be found msls31.dll) It all started with that error, now Iv'e tried to do the sfc/scannnow but I get this message (Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them). I can't seem to figure out how to do it manually. I have no audio on my laptop for 2 days now. I can't seem to fix it myself. Help!

A:Audio stopped working Win 7 32 bit

I've seen many posts about fixing the msls31.dll problem with google searches. Microsoft's fix is the sfc scannow which you did and didn't fix it.

Although you have no audio, the best option is another forum section. After you get the msls31.dll problem (and any other system issue) corrected you can then address the sound (if it is still an issue).

The Software section may be a place to start. Repost there, as I can't move this to a different section. Software - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/336590-audio-stopped-working-win-7-32-bit.html
Relevancy 37.84%

IDT PC Audio Stopped WorkingI have pavilion g6 2277et laptop.. I have Windows 8.1 64 bitHow can i get the latest updated audio drivers, or how can i resolve this?

A:IDT PC Audio Stopped Working

muratsahin Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about needing audio drivers and wanted to help. This is the link to the HP Product page for your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5296082/model/5312... The drivers you want are under Driver-Audio.Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/IDT-PC-Audio-Stopped-Working/td-p/5543933
Relevancy 37.84%

I installed X64 home premium and I got an audio issue: when I boot first time the audio is working properly but once the laptop goes to stadby, after I switch it on again I can't hear anything and I have to reboot to make the audio working. I installed all the drivers but did not help, what is the explanation of this problem? Anyone had similar experience?

Tom

Toshiba satellite P100-160
x64 4 Gb ram

A:audio not working after standby

Hi!
I've got the same problem! Everything is just fine, until I switch it on after standby.
Sometimes, just closing all the programs that "use" sound (if I let WMP, youtube and a game running for example, closing them all when I turn it on again) works, and I got sound again, but its just annoying. And sometimes, even that doesnt work. I searched the solution but I dont find it.

BTW, I have a Toshiba Satellite too ?!! although another model > P200-1HM
Coincidence??

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/226411-audio-not-working-after-standby.html
Relevancy 37.84%

it started when i used aimersmart dvd converter and other rmvb converters... then when i removed my k-lite codec it said that some codecs are missing...

i think it was real media audio codec and video codec...now when i open my rmvb files there are no sounds and when i use my windows media player it says that my audio device might not be working properly or another device is using it..

when i restart my computer the sounds work again but after a while it disappears again! what should i do???? please help!!!!

A:my audio device is not working!!! pls help!!!

Roll back you audio driver first.
If it will not work properly try to reinstall you audio driver.
You can download those driver from you product manufacturing web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-audio-device-is-not-working-pls-help.817144/
Relevancy 37.84%

I play on a gaming PC so always I use the headset I have to play with others Before I would have to twist the two plugs headphones mic a bit in order for me to get the message quot You have plugged in a headset quot Now after switching Power supplies I don t get that Working Jack Not Audio message whatsoever It seems as if those jacks as well as the ones on the back don t work and do not respond I can t set my headset sound device as my default because it says my headset isn t plugged in I ve tried this for multiple headsets and speakers and have gotten the same results The USB Jack is fine just those small circle hole jacks that you are Audio Jack Not Working supposed to plug in for headsets and speakers Same Jack like the one on the iPhone Sorry I don t know much about computers so it s a bit hard to explain but please help nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi All,
I searched the threads but could not find a solution.

My High Definition audio device is not working.

This is the error message,
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I have tried uninstalling and re-booting, but same problem comes back. I have tried the Microsoft Fix It solution, it does not work. I've even tried the sfc /scannow solution in Command Prompt, it found corrupt files but was unable to fix them, nothing fixes it. The roll back button is greyed out.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, Motherboard is ASUS P8B75-M LX

Any thoughts

Cheers

Rob

A:HD Audio Device not working

Try drivers from here: Realtek

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/52453-hd-audio-device-not-working.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a newer Gigabyte board w/ Realtek HD Audio. I just plugged my subwoofer into the center/sub output jack but it isn't working.

When I try this on my laptop (plugging the 3.5 to rca cable into the headphone jack) the sub works as it should.

Realtek HD Audio Manager "sees" that the sub is plugged in, and that port had been checked off (within the manager) for center/subwoofer.

I also tried 5.1 mode because it allows the sub to be selected as an optional speaker. When I did that and then played the Realtek test tune the sub did work. However, if I go use youtube or play an audio track with Media Player Classic - no sub.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-hd-audio-sub-not-working.1017178/
Relevancy 37.84%

I've got an old ECS Elitegroup PF21 extreme motherboard. Now ever since I reformatted I have had no sound from my on board audio. The only way I have been able to was through my USB headset. I've never formatted a computer and it was my first time. Everything works perfectly fine and I have no problems other then this. Does any one know what could have gone wrong?

A:On board audio not working

Download the drivers from the motherboard's support site here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-audio-not-working.143323/
Relevancy 37.84%

hi guys,

I got a GIGABYTE -X58A UD3R mobo. I'm using some old cambridge soundworks speaker system.

My problem is I cant seem to get sound from these speakers! I'm using the digital audio jack at the back of the motherboard that connects to the digital audio jack on the speaker amp.

I'm using windows 7 so is there something I need to enable there? I remember in vista switching from analogue to digital to get the speakers to work though I cant find this in 7

Also something to note, it seems that the only sound that works is the instant message notifyer on skype which is wierd.

any help appreciated.

A:speaker audio not working in win 7?

Are the speakers digital compatable?
You can find the settings at start/control panel/sound.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speaker-audio-not-working-in-win-7.961393/
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm having a nightmare with this system audio up and not working Locking I put together for my Mum I'm re-using the Asus Locking up and audio not working M A TD-EVO motherboard http www asus com Motherboards M A TDV EVO and Athlon II X CPU that my Dad was using as his own system until a week or two ago when I built him a new Intel PC Locking up and audio not working I'm also using the GB Corsair Ballistix Sport Mhz DDR that he used to use in that system until I bought him a GB set a year or so ago I replaced the old noisy PSU with a new Corsair CX and installed a new Transcend GB SSD no HDD It's running Win Pro Update x When I was building and testing it at my house I didn't encounter any problems but within hours of hooking it up at my Mum's house it had crashed with the screen covered in a mishmash of colours I'm using the onboard IGP which can be set to Sideport to use the onboard MB sideport RAM UMA to use the system RAM or Sideport UMA which is what I had it on initially so that it could use the faster Sideport RAM and the system RAM if it needed more the Sideport RAM runs at Mhz same as the system RAM although it can be set to lower speeds in the BIOS Then I changed it to Sideport only and a few days later my Mum reported that it had locked up again so I changed it to UMA only It turned out that it hadn't actually locked up her mouse had just stopped working and unplugging it from the rear of the PC and plugging it into the front USB sockets got it working again but she reported she still had problems with it so my Dad swapped his mouse with hers and didn't have any problems and she didn't have any with his so they've swapped back now and it seems to be OK still plugged into the front socket at the moment Anyway it still locked up whilst on UMA with the same colourful mess on screen Once I saw it lock up with only a few tell-tale lines of colour as we were doing Windows Updates and thought it was stuck on until we realised it had locked up but most of the time it covers the entire screen I'm losing track but I think I've set it back to Sideport only again now but I'm not sure if it's already crashed whilst on that or not so I'll have to see what happens over the next few days Occasionally the monitor goes blank and then comes back on which could be a problem with the monitor or the PC but it didn't do it with her very old P system she was using with Thinstation up till now My Dad was using an ATI HD MB PCI-E GPU rather than the onboard IGP as he needed it for X-Plane but my Mum doesn't play games so I was hoping the IGP would be sufficient for her I'm running the most recent ATI legacy driver for the onboard HD which is v To top it off the onboard audio has stopped working now When I was testing it whilst building despite having an HD Audio lead to the front panel I couldn't get anything out of the front socket unless I set it to AC' in the BIOS but it was working at my Mum's using the rear socket until the other day but now neither the front nor rear sockets are working It's a VIA VT S which does have Win x drivers available albeit quite old one from - - and another dated - - which is the one I installed initially My Mum's speakers are pretty rubbish but I plugged them into my phone and they worked so it's definitely the PC I've tried changing the drivers between the two and sometimes it seems to initialise with a thump well as much of a thump as flat speakers can make and the right-channel will start working for a bit but nothing from the left one I've disconnected the front panel header just in case it might help but I did buzz it out when I was building just to make sure everything was connected and there weren't any shorts so I don't know why it didn't work when set to HD rather than AC' So I guess I'll have to buy a cheap USB soundcard for about it seems rather hard to find cheap internal cards and perhaps an external USB one will be a better option anyway and put the HD back in I'm a bit worried about how many thi... Read more

A:Locking up and audio not working

Well it seems I lost track of which settings I tried. It hasn't crashed for a couple of weeks now, since I changed the IGP settings and when I checked yesterday, it's set to UMA, not Sideport. As it hasn't crashed on UMA but did on Sideport, it rather suggests there's a fault with the onboard Sideport 128MB RAM. As the onboard audio has stopped working as well, it seems that the motherboard is slowly dying!

I did run Memtest and that completed three passes with no errors, so I don't think there's any issues with the RAM.

I've got the USB soundcard now so I don't need the onboard audio and the onboard graphics seems fine using UMA, so I can only hope nothing else stops working and the motherboard hangs in there for a couple of years at least.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544941/locking-up-and-audio-not-working/
Relevancy 37.84%

Recently, I re-installed windows 98SE on my Sony Vaio PCG-F560. I don't have the original OS discs or Application discs. I purchased a new versions of 98SE. Anyway, after getting a lot of help here to get the display working properly (thanks everyone) I now realize that the audio is not working. I am not sure the manufacturer of the audio hardware or the model but believe it is NeoMagic. I would appreciate whatever help anyone could offer. Thanks

Relevancy 37.84%

So I had not working device Audio some problems with computer hanging my old harddisk couldnt move my mouse and keyboard Yada yada yada all that Audio device not working settled I got a new harddisk better cooler Now a new problem arises I never had a sound device in the first place just got one today seems like a waste for the SupremeFX X-Fi that comes with the Asus Rampage II Extreme motherboard to not use it Problem The Razer Moray that I got doesnt work there is a sound device quot ATI HD Audio rear output quot probably the sound card still doesnt work did everything on troubleshoot check plugs enabled everything nay nothing Anyone who got an Asus Rampage II Extreme and uses the soundcard should know there isnt a driver CD for the sound card I installed every possible driver still nothing Using Windows XP SP anyone help please Everything that you can guide me on is appreciated I am sick and tired of all the problems from my computer already month old project my first DIY rig Everyone functions well just one sound device nbsp

A:Audio device not working

audio cevice

sir
please do repair my audio device
because it is not working
an error message coming
there is no playable audio device
ttank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-device-not-working.140407/
Relevancy 37.84%

Good Evening all !
I received a Fujitsu Siemens Laptop with Windows Vista basic on it, wich had to be reformated. After that, I've installed all drivers, and everything that it suppose to have.

Everything is working perfectly, all the drivers are ok, but the two plug (Mic/Audio) don't work. The computer's speakers work fine, the problem is just with those sockets.

The owner of the PC told me that they were working fine before... !

Well... any ideas ??

Thank's in advance !

A:Audio/Mic Jack's not working...

Question solved... reinstalled the drivers !
Thank's anyway !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-mic-jacks-not-working.707118/
Relevancy 37.84%

Without warning seemingly out of nowhere audio stopped working recently Worse when i try doing anything with the audio-- volume controls Control panel gt Sounds and audio devices etc the working Audio suddenly not computer freezes and I have to do a hard shutdown Windows Audio service is enabled C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs Lenovo ThinkPad T I ran the MS Fixit codec program It identified conflicts between three audio programs on the machine One by one I fixed disabled the but still the freeze issue continues I posted this issue on the Lenovo forums but no one replied over the past weeks I m hoping the experts here can help me I use the Lenovo updates for my T But I am unsure which updates I Audio suddenly not working are important and which are not Here s some of the many updates I have not done yet Windows XP Update Module Q - ThinkPad which appears only to be an update to fix Japanese language issues SoundMax Audio Audio suddenly not working Software for Windows XP - ThinkPad Version I don t have soundmax BIOS Update Bootable CD for Windows -bit -bit Vista -bit -bit XP - ThinkPad R R i inch widescreen with IEEE ThinkPad Audio suddenly not working T T p Version - Do I need a bootable cd BIOS Update Utility - ThinkPad R inch widescreen with IEEE ThinkPad T T p Version - No idea if this is important ThinkPad BIOS Settings for Windows -bit Vista -bit XP - ThinkPad Version I have not upgraded to Win so probably not required Planning to upgrade soon I guess Then there s a list of Bluetooth and Modem updates I don t use Bluetooth and not sure which modem they mean Then a bunch of camera and card reader drivers No idea if I need these I don t use a camera on the T Then Chipset drivers Display Mouse and kybd Networking LAN dont have a LAN Optical drive Patches for this and that Power drivers Recovery drivers Security Software and Utility Storage Thinkvantage USB device and finally a long very long list of Windows Updates Must be over a hundred drivers and other updates here most for my OS I could spend an entire week wandering through this It takes a long time just to find out if I already have one of these updates never mind the length of time to figure out the download and installation of them Windows updates tells me what I need to download by checking my PC Is there a utility somewhere that can do the same for Lenovo Updates And finally which of these updates will potentially solve my current audio problem if it is an audio problem nbsp

A:Audio suddenly not working

Is there a way for me to edit my post?

I cannot use Control Panel > Sounds and Audio devices because this is one of the places where clicking on anything causes the screen to freeze, requiring a reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-suddenly-not-working.1115788/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello, I recently bought a new motherboard and tower. I have installed all the latest drivers from Asus and know the case uses AC'97 sound and have set the Mobo accordingly. However, when I plug in my headphones (tried multiple pair) it continues to play from main speakers, with nothing coming through the headphones.

when I plug in the speakers from the rear jack, a pop-up tells me something has been plugged in. not the case with the front jack.

also, I have checked "Playback Devices" and it shows me the headphones as "Not plugged-in".

while playing around I managed to get the H Phones to work, but the speakers didn't mute when I did. in tinkering, it went away again and wont come back.

any ideas what I could do?

A:Front audio not working

Hi Novercalis,
Are you sure that your front jacks are connected?
You forgot to mention your .OS, but anyway you can find all settings from control panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-audio-not-working.919271/
Relevancy 37.84%

ok here it is Two days ago I stated up my laptop from sleep mode and the sound was working Realtek not Audio HD not working The drivers say they are functioning but seem to be in Realtek HD Audio not working use and unavailable I have had the laptop for five months and it has been working fine I tried to check what might have taken place in the mean time between closing it and booting the system again What I found was that there had been a restore point made shortly after I booted the system for an automatic update that didn t actually get installed So I restored the system back before that and tried several different points up to a month ago with no luck I ve downloaded newer drivers Tried different driver versions the official developer downloads and the Realtek downloads I just installed SP as well and then re-tried it again I ve tried to check for every mal-ware virus trojan and anything else I could think of I am at a complete loss for what to try Thanks in advance for any help I can get Adrian Hartery System Specs Operating System System Model Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack build Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Rev System Serial Number CNF N Enclosure Type Notebook Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Quanta CB Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Hewlett-Packard F Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space Slimtype DVD A DS A H ATA Device CD-ROM drive ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive TOSHIBA MK GSX Hard drive GB -- drive s n AVFAN S rev DL C SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB Slot DIMM has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free e NTFS on drive GB MB free Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display IDE Channel Controller x Intel R HEM HBM SATA AHCI Controller Intel R ICH M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Ricoh Memory Stick Controller Ricoh SD MMC Host Controller Ricoh xD-Picture Card Controller NVIDIA GeForce M GS Display adapter Generic PnP Monitor quot vis Bus Adapters Multimedia Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller A Realtek High Definition Audio Communications Other Devices Motorola SM Data Fax Modem Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address E B isatap Belkin Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Dhcp Server none responded Physical Address B AD FF Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers RICOH OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller Microsoft AC Adapter Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery HID-compliant device HP Quick Launch Buttons USB Human Interface Device HP Webcam HID Keyboard Device Standard PS Keyboard HID-compliant mouse Synaptics PS Port TouchPad Mouse SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller USB Composite Device USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy Virus Protection AVG Version Realtime File Scanning On nbsp

A:Realtek HD Audio not working

The sound controller imbedded on the motherboard might have gone bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-not-working.104267/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everybody!

I installed windows 7 in my relatively old desktop. Everything is working fine even USB audio but my headphone and microphone not working. Windows downloaded ac97 by itself but that is also not working. there is a cross on speaker in system tray. I tried to install various ac 97 drivers but windows are not accepting that saying not signed.

I shall be much thankful for help.

Pl refer to the attachments.

A:AC 97 audio not working...Help pease.

Quote: Originally Posted by apple2005

Hi everybody!

I installed windows 7 in my relatively old desktop. Everything is working fine even USB audio but my headphone and microphone not working. Windows downloaded ac97 by itself but that is also not working. there is a cross on speaker in system tray. I tried to install various ac 97 drivers but windows are not accepting that saying not signed.

I shall be much thankful for help.

Pl refer to the attachments.

Have you gone to toshiba and installed their driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/84188-ac-97-audio-not-working-help-pease.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello guys, well i don't know if im posting in the correct thread, i just followed this "http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/" , the thing is that

I've installed a clean version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits, and for some reason my sound is not working properly, i've the audio installed, when i start the computer it seems to be enabled but when i click on ANY window with sound then the red cross appear next to the Volume Mixer and i can't do anything keep trying to enable it but if im using a website or a program that use sound then can't start... In other words, my sound is glitched :C

I've just ran the DDS thing, hope someone can help me and thanks for your time guys !

Really Appreciated,

Forgive me about my spelling, my main language is Spanish!

Again, Thanks !

A:Audio Not Working / Connecting ?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/557295 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557295/audio-not-working-connecting/
Relevancy 37.84%

Actually my laptop is inbuilt with BEATS AAUDIO.....But now beats audio is not working.....if i click the application it'snot opening......then my speakers are crackling....can u suggest me what to do.....

A:BEATS AUDIO NOT WORKING

Hi @DINU1134, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. Thank you for the detailed information about your HP 15-u110dx x360 Notebook and  the popping and clicking noises. Try this document from HP. You could also try.1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.2. Click Playback Devices.3. Click Speakers.4. Click properties.5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality 192000 Hz.7. Click Apply.Restart the Notebook to see if that resolved the issue of crackling noises.  Please let me know how this goes. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the Accept as Solution button down below in this message. If you wish to say Thanks for my effort to help, click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos. Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/BEATS-AUDIO-NOT-WORKING/td-p/5579184