Windows Support Forum

Dell Latitude D400

Q: Dell Latitude D400

I got a dell Latitude D400 from a friend but the OS need to be reloaded. Also it has no Docking station nor Drives to Load OS on there. if I go all out and buy a usb cd/dvd drive do you think it will recognize it as a drive on the computer? Help PLease
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell Latitude D400

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 97.61%

I have a dell latitude d400 with an Intel Pentium M Processor 1.40 GHz. Im wondering if i could upgrade that to an Intel Core Duo, please help. Thanks. I have xp running on this.

A:Dell Latitude d400

Hi jkswimmer and welcome to Vista Forums

Sorry, but I don't recommend this. With a desktop system, then possibly. However, with laptops things are much more complicated. Power consumption and heat dissipation are the greatest concern and they are optimised for the current processor in the system. A replacement processor, if it is not identical, might have different power and thermal characteristics, in which case the system would fail to keep it within its normal working range. In addition to that, simply accessing the processor on a laptop is much more complicated than simply removing the side panel as you would on a desktop. You literally have to strip the laptop right down, being carefull not to lose the various small screws or damage the wiring and its connectors. And then, of course, you will need to repeat the procedure in reverse to reassemble it.
Personally, I would leave your laptop as it is, with one exception. To improve its performance, make sure that you have installed the maximum amount of memory that it supports (see manual for details).
Relevancy 96.75%

I have a Dell Latitude D400 which is refusing to charge! The battery has now run out completely, I know the charger works because the green light is on when it is plugged in but it doesn't charge up the laptop! It doesn't fit snugly in the laptop either but the pins are all straight! I only got it a month ago so it's still under warranty but if it's something I can fix easily and by myself that would of course be the preferred option!

A:Dell Latitude D400 won't charge

Sounds like a bad battery.
Relevancy 96.75%

Ok here s the deal My bro Dell won't !!! Latitude network D400 s dell latitude D has been running dog slow Ok its old but it shouldn t Dell Latitude D400 won't network !!! be this slow I ve cleared off the usual poison that home users put on their pc s ie Nortons AOL aaagghhhh and some other useless junk from msconfig which has reduced startup time slightly Disabled a few old processes and services that needn t be there couldn t uninstall symantec virus client as its password protected so just disabled the service BUT my main concern is its running XP Pro SP I cannot for the life of me get it onto Dell Latitude D400 won't network !!! the net to download and install SP He does not have the original disks to re-install either It was an old work laptop that they gave him yonks ago I cannot even get it onto my work network via cable or wireless g card I ve disabled the wireless card and am resorting to manually configuring the TCP IP settings but it wont ping anything and nothing can ping it DHCP just Dell Latitude D400 won't network !!! results in an IP address of x x which we all know is a baddun Tried updating the nic drivers by inserting a XP Pro SP disc and let it find the newer ones It did update but made no difference Currently have just installed bitdefender and am running a full scan Other than that i m stuck Unless someone can point me to a place where all the D drivers are Then i can reformat with SP and put all the drivers back on Any advise appreciated cheers edit just ran the diagnostics on the hidden partition all tests passed ok even the NIC ones I m really stumped on this one nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D400 won't network !!!

Doh!!!!!! :dead:

Never mind, i found the problem. Am i the dumbest :monkey: in the tree or what?! :blush:
I plugged the nic cat5e cable into the switch, but not plugged the switch into the presentation, so it went nowhere.

FFS....even Dell couldn't help me on the phone....
Catastrophe averted....

Relevancy 96.75%

I have a Dell Latitude D400 laptop. After reloading windows I get the Windows startup screen and then I just get a black screen...Windows will not come up. Anyone know what I can do?? I get the mouse and can move it around but no windows screen. I have done the diagnoics test and found a DST Short Test failed with code 1000-0146 is this why Windows will not load? Is my harddrive bad you think? It reloads Windows fine but Windows will not come up after install? Again all I get is a black screen with the mouse to move around.

Relevancy 96.75%

Hi, I just inherited a Dell Latitude D400 laptop that has the hard drive wiped clean. I installed Windows XP on it but am unable to get it running correctly (like connecting to the internet and upping the screen resolution). I was told (by friends) that I need specific Dell hardware drivers to get the different part running correctly. Is there a way to find out what drivers the laptop needs and what order to install them in.

Thanks for you help.

A:Getting a Dell Latitude D400 up and running

Go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager all devices with a yellow mark need drivers installed. On an internet computer Download the drivers for your
Laptop from Dell save the Chipset Driver and the Network Adapter to a USB Flash Drive and install it on this machine. Once you have internet on that machine return to the page at the link and download the rest of the drivers you need.
Relevancy 95.46%

I have recently received a Latitude D and I have tried for hours on end to make this thing work I ve researched all over the internet and have even came across some files from someone nice I even had a local computer shop take a look at it they ve Dell Latitude ADMIN D400 Password. dealt with Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. this before and they were unsuccesful at erasing the password I showed them where the chip was exactly on the board and how to short the pins out I am Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. asking if someone could Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password. please E-MAIL me every way and everything they know about this laptop and removing the admin password I also live in canada so I don t know if I ll be able to get a hold of an eeprom chip Also it might take awhile becuase it will most likely go through customs So please can someone email me pictures and step-by-step directions would also be appreciated Thanks You can reach me at motive murder hotmail com I also have a dell inspiron is there anything I can use off there or is there A way I can hook up the systems and bypass then erase the password from there nbsp

A:Dell Latitude D400 ADMIN Password.

Reset Password

Your right in your assumption, it takes many attempts to short the chip correctly, but it can be done,

Email paragon33 at the address found on my site, he is an expert at these, you could also take a look at this site here.

(PS this thread may get moved to one of the open threads)
Relevancy 95.46%

My daughter has a Dell Latitude D400 laptop, whose 7-year-old hard drive recently expired and is apparently too corrupted to clone. The Windows installation CD won't run because the new hard drive won't talk to the external DVD drive (in a Dell caddy with a 2-pronged connector) or a flash drive in one of the USB ports. The technician says that loading Windows onto a new hard drive in another laptop and then swapping it into the D400 wouldn't work because it would be set up for different graphics card etc.

Is there any way to get this machine working again please?

Relevancy 95.46%

Hi I have an issue with a Dell Latitude D laptop It was running fine until recently when it just died basically as if it was manually quot hard quot shut down What is even more annoying about that is that it wouldn t boot up again afterwards I would press the power button the lights would come on as usual but only for about - seconds and then would die again without even booting up It wouldn t even get boot up D400 won't dies and Latitude Dell to the Dell splash Dell Latitude D400 dies and won't boot up screen at startup The battery is good and fully charged The laptop has never had any kind of power or hardware issues before I kept trying to power the laptop back on as I couldn t believe what was happening and after many many attempts where the laptop would just die after a few seconds of me pressing the power button it did boot up twice but died again in the same way as before - the first time after Dell Latitude D400 dies and won't boot up minutes and the second time after minutes I haven t managed to boot it up again I Dell Latitude D400 dies and won't boot up did pull the battery out pulled the hard drive out but it did not seem to help at all This is a fairly recent model about years old so I m a bit annoyed that the hardware is failing already Any ideas what this could be Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 92.45%

Has anyone experienced frequent hard drive failures on Dell Latitude D400/D600 series laptops?

A:Hard drive failures on Dell Latitude D400/D600 laptops

Had mine for 3 years trouble free. Just change to a Thinkpad.

There seems to be more failure in the laptop 2.5" hard disks than the 3.5" units in the desktops.
Relevancy 75.68%

hi can anyone help my d400 is locked i have read the thread on how to short the security chip but i can`t find it on the mother board,,, cant even find the ` upw1 ` slot its a compeq board ,,,,,,please please need help
Relevancy 75.68%

I've installed Windows 7 Professional on a Latitude D400 and everything works except the video.  I only get Standard VGA which does not allow me see everything on some screens.  Need to know where I can find the proper drivers, or another work around.

A:Latitude D400 video driver for Windows 7

Download the XP driver for the system and right-click on it -- install it in compatibility mode.  There are no native 7 video drives for the Intel GPU in this system -- compatibility mode is the best you're going to be able to do.
Relevancy 69.66%

Typo on the title I ment Truemobile NOT I have an older Dell D I'm trying to breath some life back into and I thought I would try out Windows Well I got everything working good I think but the Dell Truemobile bluetooth Windows just won't see it No matter Bluetooth Issues 355 D400 with and Dell Dell Laptop, W7 what driver pack I try it says no bluetooth found The official Dell Vista pack asks me to turn on the bluetooth but I can't even figure out how to do that and the light on the laptop is not lit up I see dell has this app patch that it suppose to enable the bluetooth but that also tells me no blue tooth found I can't use my bluetooth cellphone as a modem help please That being said other people have been having the same issue with other laptops same internal bluetooth and W but what worked for them doesn't seem to want to work for me On a side note it work's under Windows XP just not W

A:Issues with Dell D400 Laptop, Dell 355 Bluetooth and W7

I opened the computer, removed the BT, rebooted, shut down, reinstalled the BT, rebooted and it's working now.

Thanks anyway I guess.
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a old delld400 laptop and had to fdisk format reinstall. I have a copy of windows xp pro installed by need to find a place where I can copy the dell d400 drivers for xp to a cd on my current laptop so I can install them on the old dell. Help Help

A:I had to wipe out my Hd and need the drivers for xp for my dell d400

and welcome to the Forum

You can go to the Dell support site, enter your Service Tag Number and download the drivers. Be sure to use IE and do not use the Dell Download Manager!

Just download the driver file, save it to the desktop or to a flash drive and double click to install

On the list of drivers, click on the Download File and on the next page, choose Single File Download . .

See this for the order they should be installed:
How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order | Dell
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have a dell d400 laptop... I know that the battery works fine and the power adapter I bought for it works fine to.

Here's the problem. When I turn on the laptop everything boots up just fine. Then when I plug in the power adapter the computer turns off as if I just yanked out the battery. When I plug the power adapter in and then try to turn the laptop on it won't and gives off some wierd noises.

How can I fix this.. is it a hard drive issue because I was planning on putting in a new bigger hard drive and reloading the OS...

When I ran diagnostics it gives me this.

--Start DST Short Test--
Test Results: FAIL
Error Code: 1000-0146
Msg: Unit 0: DST Log contains previous error(s)

Everything else is a PASS
Relevancy 66.22%

Just got the D400 from a friend...he had lost the power adapter so I purchased one....supposedly the correct one. I plugged it into the laptop (while it was on Battery) and the whole thing went power at all. Unplugged everything waited for awhile and tried to power up with only the battery (which was fully charged).......nothin', not a damn thing. My question is this is the power supply internally part of the MB....if so does that mean the MB is shot and I might as well butcher this one for parts ???

A:Dell Latitdue D400 powerup

Yes the power circuitry is built into the laptops motherboard. You can check the battery charge by pushing the button by the led indicators. If there is a good charge shown there and the laptop doesn't start then you probably fried the motherboard.

Charge Gauge
Press the status button on the battery charge gauge to illuminate the charge-level lights. Each light represents approximately 20 percent of the total battery charge. For example, if the battery has 80 percent of its charge remaining, four of the lights are on. If no lights appear, the battery has no charge.

Health Gauge
The battery operating time is largely determined by the number of times it is charged. After hundreds of charge and discharge cycles, batteries lose some charge capacity, or battery health. To check the battery health, press and hold the status button on the battery charge gauge for at least 3 seconds. If no lights appear, the battery is in good condition, and more than 80 percent of its original charge capacity remains. Each light represents incremental degradation. If five lights appear, less than 60 percent of the charge capacity remains, and you should consider replacing the battery. See "Specifications" for more information about the battery operating time.
Relevancy 65.36%

I need help with my dell latitude d400 it has an administrator password on the bios and i cant get it off can some one help me? The computer system #646cj71-595b Thank You

A:Dell D400 bios password removal??

Thank you it really help
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I suspect that my laptop has some viruses and want to make sure it's clean so I don't have to worry Here's its history I apologize in advance as I am not the most responsible computer owner - First couple of months the only anti-virus it had was the Norton that came with it - months in a foreign country where I inserted a flash drive into internet cafe computers and then into my laptop These cafe computers were sometimes infected - During this time I downloaded AVG and Spybot S amp D and I think I had Ad-Aware too and a friend gave me a corporate version of McAfee however I didn't have internet access from the laptop and so the programs didn't stay updated Sometimes I would start a scan and see something come up but then the computer would restart and a new scan wouldn't find anything I think one of the viruses was an auto-run that installs when your flash drive options window pops up clean a half-baked XP did out D400, Trying a reinstall Dell to - At one point I downloaded utorrent but I don't remember using it - In recent months there has been some strange behavior like locking me out of admin privileges and disabling ctrl alt delete it said I didn't have the privileges if I recall correctly I had some problems with my wireless after I installed a firewall - When I had my school check out the wireless problem they deleted all of my anti-virus programs and installed Symantec - After a couple of months I uninstalled Symantec and installed AVG and Spybot S amp D keeping them updated - The current symptom is that the computer shuts down at random - I believe this is just a dirty little machine and I want Trying to clean out a Dell D400, did a half-baked XP reinstall to make it clean again Trying to clean out a Dell D400, did a half-baked XP reinstall To that end I decided to reinstall XP However I didn't know anything about reformatting hard drives or drivers and so now the computer has a new XP reinstalled over next to the old XP It's a little weird because the old files are on there but they don't show up in their normal places I would be all right with doing a clean XP install if I knew I would still have a computer at the end of it but I'm also okay with keeping this one if I can get the virus problem straightened out I just want to know that I'm not going to lose my files computer Here is the post where I am looking at the installation issue It has the details on my machine and the results of a Belarc analysis STEPS I have backed up my files I can't use Add Remove Programs to delete programs because of the way the new XP installed the only programs that show up are Belarc and some drivers I installed today However the programs ARE all in Program Files can I just delete them from there Extra note I use an external USB keyboard and haven't yet set it up to work with BIOS so there is no keyboard communication until Windows is booted up I don't have internet access on the laptop but do have it through another computer Here's my DDS file I removed long numbers because I wasn't sure which if any were equivalent to the Belarc serial number security problem GoldRun is a simulation we used in a class DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Internet Explorer removed Microsoft Windows XP Professional removed GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system WBEM WMIADAP EXE C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE IE removed - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE removed - c program files messenger msmsgs exe Handler belarc - removed - c program files belarc advisor system BAV... Read more

A:Trying to clean out a Dell D400, did a half-baked XP reinstall

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Internet Explorer: [removed]
Microsoft Windows XP Professional [removed]

Those are important information for us to know. They shouldn't be edited. Is this a legitimate copy of Windows?

I didn't know anything about reformatting hard drives or drivers and so now the computer has a new XP reinstalled over (next to?) the old XP.

I would be all right with doing a *clean* XP install if I knew I would still have a computer at the end of it

I have backed up my files.

Parallel installs, which usually leave damaged files and do not eliminate infection, are mainly advised for backing up and data retrieval. I'm not sure how our removal tools would react with a parallel install either. Considering the state of the system, i.e. parallel install of the OS, and your statements above, you'll be much better off with a reformat and clean install, since you've already backed up your files.

If you need assistance in performing a clean install, here is a couple of good guides to walk you through the process:

Otherwise, you might ask the Windows XP forum to walk you through with the process.
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi All,

I have a d400 laptop but without the cd drive so i cant just boot from disc and reinstall, When I switch the laptop on I get the following message and 2 beeps:

'No bootable device(s) selected'

'strike F1 to retry boot, F2 for set-up utility'

I then retry the boot, but get the same message appearing on screen.

I then try the diagnostics and it fails on a part, Does anyone have any suggestions? ive inserted a usb stick with xp on it but if i try boot from that it says disc error, any ideas or is the laptop doomed?

A:Dell d400 no boot device found press F1 / F2

Can you press F2 and get into the setup? If so, check to see if the hard drive is detected in the bios. Most likely the hard drive is bad. You might be able to use an external USB CD/DVD drive to re-install Windows after the hard drive is replaced
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Dell D400, uses the Intel GM 855 and I'm wondering if can do any hacks to forcibly enable Aero?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Oh, on a side note, I found the little hack for Vista on how you enable it but it doesn't seem to be working for me in Windows 7.

Maybe there is another method?

A:Dell D400 with Intel GM855 GFX, forcibly enable Aero?

Quote: Originally Posted by kdogg

I have a Dell D400, uses the Intel GM 855 and I'm wondering if can do any hacks to forcibly enable Aero?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Oh, on a side note, I found the little hack for Vista on how you enable it but it doesn't seem to be working for me in Windows 7.

Maybe there is another method?

Im assuming you have the latest intel driver? I have a dell as well and the dell driver doesn't work. Are you 32bit or 64?
Relevancy 63.64%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Relevancy 56.76%

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

A:(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt
Relevancy 55.9%

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer 

A:which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model,  you may be looking at used systems).
Relevancy 54.18%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey there ive got a friends latitude XT here just put 7 on it and its working perfect apart from the tablet buttons.(the ones that rotate the screen and things) they dont seem to be working and im not sure what drivers to get for it or what, its fully up to date now and still nothing.
please help me xD

A:Dell Latitude XT

HERE is the Dell Lattitude XT drivers. They have Win 7 64 bit and 32 bit drivers. Select the OS bit you have.

Keep in mind the correct and required install sequence for a Dell (and many others) is (1) Install Windows (2) Install Dell Laptop System Software (3) Install motherboard chipset drivers (4) Install device drivers including video, sound, ethernet, etc.
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,I am new here and need help.
I have a laptop(dell latitude cpi) my kid entered a password and now I can't access windows.
Every time I turn it on a message comes on saying:This computer system#xxxxx is protected by a password authentication system you can not access the data without the correct password Please type in the primary or administrator password.
My problem is that my kid does not remember what password he used.
Does any body Knows how to remove the password since I can not access the bios either?

A:dell latitude cpi

sorry we cant help u with passwords as we dont know the intent involved.i hope u understand.
Relevancy 51.6%

I stumbled across your site and noticed a thread where you helped out a non-techie like me and I thought I would register and give it a shot. My daughter asked me to fix her Dell Latitude cpi which she uses for her college work. That was the easy bit it was a dodgy on/off button. Then she asked me to get it connected to the internet through her cable modem. I thought that would be easy too but I have spent hours on the internet trying to find what sort of adapter is needed because there is no direct socket connection to fit the modem. I would be eternally grateful for any help you can offer and it would make me look good in my daughter's eyes.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have just brought a Dell Latitude CPx back from the dead and it is working wonderfully apart from the fact that the Function (FN) keys don't 'function'.
Any ideas please?

A:Dell Latitude CPx

Humm... old.

When you say you brought it back from the dead, how so? Did you have a Dell recovery disk, or did you install an OS from a box into it? Was the keyboard okay before hand, or was it part of the reason for it being DOA originally?

The CPx series were one of those 'semi'-Dell machines, since the same notebook could be purchased in a number of liveries, including HP and Gateway (your machine looks exactly like my Solo 1400). If you loaded an operating system into it that wasn't from a recovery disk, then you probably need to download the drivers from the Dell website into it. Otherwise, the keyboad may be out of sorts, and may need replacing.

If you can find the service tag number (on Dell laptops, they tend to be on a thin white label and are only 6 to 8 digits long), you can punch it in here ( to find out what was on this beastie originally, and what can be downloaded to it.

Relevancy 51.6%

hi there thanks alot for reading this this is my problem the pc Dell latitude D Windows XP home intel centrino the problem when i boot it takes me to the page i have an uption to either enter Dell 610 latitude in a safe mode or Dell 610 latitude just the last pace windows wokred properly this started as a result of when i was syhuting down the system and i had to remove the battery since the system hang after which i used the spare battery i had but still no start up when it start the windows logo it then goes back again to start up of notification that seems the system was shut down or windows encountered an error or the reset button was pressed etc i then enter F to diagonise the system and the followoing information was passed i run the dell diagnostics from the system setup and get this error detected on quot start DST short test quot error code - Msg IDE status failed stats byte control code Msg No additional Sense Infoormation also at the end of the diagnostic it says Test result fail error code - Msg No drive detected it further request i run dell drivers and utilities CD which i misplaced a long time now getting such a Cd is now a problem i need any assistance i can get as my office job for over a year is all in the system and i dont know how to go about it ok thanks for any help addvice you can give me jimmyosas nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.

A:Dell latitude cpx

sc-strapped said:

Hey whats up
I have a dell latitude cpx laptop, and I broke the two keys letter "Y" and "6" also the metal bracket that connects the key plate to the actual laptop. Anyone know where I can get this. the problem started by the keys not working when pushed down. Any ideas on why that happened as well.Click to expand...

Thats a normal problem for those keyboards. You could probably have gotten those keys working again by reseating the cable from the motherboard to the keyboard. Now it sounds like you need a new keyboard. You can probably get one from Dell or possibly find a used one from ebay. Replacements can also be found online like this.
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so here s the problem I have a Dell Latitude CPx J OGT BIOS Revision really my I need Dell Latitude... help with A I also have the Windows XP Pro Reinstallation CD with Service Pack The original problem was upon bootup the computer gave a STOP error STOP x A x x BD xE B x BB AD I tried booting from the Reinstallation CD and this is what happens At Windows Setup it gives me -artition Unknown MB MB Free It gives me the following options and I have provided the information on what happens when I try each of them Create Partition C - Nothing Happens Enter Run Setup - An error has occured while Setup was updating partition information on MB Disk at Id on bus on atapi MBR Setup cannot continue Then the computer restarts Delete Partition D - I really need help with my Dell Latitude... The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant Please contact your system vendor or visit http www hardware-update com for an updated BIOS If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS of the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup To do this simply press the F key when you are prompted to install storage drivers The system will not notify you that the F key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation Recovery Console does not work either What I gather from this is that the partition is not assigned a prompt For example C and I cannot figure out how to give it one Anyone have any advice Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

every time it trys to run windows xp a fatal systems error c000021a

screen say the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc0000006 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has ben shut down

i tied safe mode and tried to reinstall but driver wont pull up system repair disk

A:dell latitude help

post the mini dumps

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone This is a long shot I ve got a machine from about here and am hoping someone might be able to remember something about them XPi - Dell hot very Latitude Old It s small black and very chunky - the Dell Latitude XPi CD mhz I needed something with windows so I upgraded the drive from gb to a Samsung HM JC gb Basically I ve got some games that don t work with compatibility in XP at all All fine and dandy with swapping the hard drive but the underneath of the machine gets universally hot as hell I don t seem to be able to detect a fan much less any cooling vents Would I be right in thinking that it was fine with the gb and it needed neither a fan or cooling vents but that my latter day gb drive runs that Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot much hotter I actually love this laptop but want to waste neither it or the drive so any suggestions much welcome I ve tried the Dell site but the documentation I found wasn t hugely informative about the specific problems I m having though to their credit all of the setup files were there for download Many thanks Tony nbsp

A:Old Dell Latitude XPi - very hot

If your new hard drive is higher RPM than the old drive, then that would explain the heat. Your old drive was probably 4500 RPM, and the new one 5400 or 7200. If that is true, there's not much you can do about it short of buying a new drive.
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear Sir,
i've dell latitude X1 laptop. Its become unfortunately BIOS protected.
Tag # DSPHH28X-595B

Plz help me in this issue, how i can break this password.

I tried my best to break this but could not.

can any expert help me regarding this matter.

A:Dell Latitude X1

Any Latitude ending in 595B has been handled by Dell. Contact them for a solution.
Also, search the files on this forum for Dell Password, and Password commentary. There is a lot of useful information.
I have not seen any X1 password fixed... except by Dell.
Relevancy 51.6%

about an hour ago my computer screen just froze and these vertical dotted lines appeared all over the screen. Now I can only start the computer in safe mode and i need an easy fix. ive already tried a system restore but the blue lines appears on my desktop again.
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop turns on but the screen is black. I was able to start it properly once I removed the battery and use only the AC adapter but now it doesn't even do that anymore. Please help
Relevancy 51.17%

HELP I cannot get onto my comp because it says that I need a password and I don't have one because I brought the Laptop from somebody. What can I do?

A:Dell Latitude C610

Do a search on this forum for Dell Password errors. There is a wealth of information already posted, and your computer is included.
Relevancy 51.17%

I got a user that was working with a Dell Latitude D630 running Vista. I know dell and vista is their first problem. The user powered down the laptop and then went to turn it back on and nothing. The laptop acts like its going to power up and i get a black screen and i see the mouse pointer and i can move it but thats all. I booted to safe mode and same thing. Im new to vista so im stuck. Please help.
Relevancy 51.17%

does anyone know if you can put bigger than a 40 gb hdd in a dell latitude d600 laptop.

A:Dell Latitude D600 HDD ?

all i am asking is if i can put a 160 gb hdd in a dell latitude d600, it it compatible
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Been a while since I ve posted here but I d like some help please Dell Latitude CPt Latitude CPt. Dell not CD-ROM working. Laptop running W Insert a CD in the drive and it flags up D is not accessible The device is not ready I ve checked in Device Manager and everything seems correct for the CD drive drivers device Dell Latitude CPt. CD-ROM not working. etc all working properly with no conflicts Drive is a TEAC CD- E Under Other Devices however two entries are flagged with the yellow These are PCI Communications Device and PCI Multimedia Audio Device Neither have drivers installed and tell me in brackets Code I ve tried to reinstall the drivers with the handy Reinstall Drivers button but they aren t on the HD Two questions apart from the obvious what do I do next Are the two related I m guessing they are and If so how do I go about getting the correct drivers for it I ve had a quick look on Google but no luck For background info this happened when I cleaned up this Laptop for a colleague at work just to make a bit of space on the HD I assume I ve somehow don t ask inadvertantly deleted something I shouldn t have Cheers Liam nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I want to know if I can upgrade my computer to use 8GB on may computer. I am wondering it that is possible. I am running windows 7 home preimum, 120 GB SSD with 32 bits now

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

I have been given one of the above notebooks, problem is, it is an old machine used by my friend in his office, it has Windows NT loaded on it, so I formatted another laptop HDD with Windows XP and change the one in there.

The problem is, on boot up it searches for Windows NT, not found and it returns to the POST state. How can I stop it searching for Windows NT and constantly rebooting?

A:Dell Latitude C600

What type of system did you build the other laptop drive on. Is the processor type the same? Also have have you checked your BIOS ssettings to determine if NT is defined there as the OS to look for?

I would do this:

Boot the current hard drive from an XP CD (full install mode) and load XP from scratch on the system you have the drive in. I have found that an XP load for an AMD for example will not boot a system that has a Pentium or Celeron. Also make sure the hardware you have, has XP drivers for all the necessary pieces.

Happy to provide more information if you need.

Relevancy 51.17%

Dell Latitude CPi laptop. Worked fine earlier, knocked it off a monitor it was sitting on and now it doesn't work, go figure. It was off and closed when it fell. The biggest clue I have is this: When I hit the power button, the light comes on, screen stays black, but as soon as the battery charge light comes on (blinks periodically to let you know battery's charging) the light goes off. Nothing on the screen. When I try to turn it on without being plugged in, the power light blinks and screen still black. I've been working on this laptop for a while, and would like to get it working again. anyone have any ideas? I'd be happy to give any more information if needed.

Relevancy 51.17%

Dear Tec Guy

I hope you can help my daughter has a Dell Latitude X300 with no disk drive. She is running it on Windows XP. When she switches it on it boots up and shows the windows screen and then reboots all over again i have been into F2 and F12 but i cant see anything that could be causing a problem, i cant get into download anything on her laptop to set the drivers back up and i cant put a disk in because there is no disk drive. Please help a desperate mum .....

A:Dell Latitude X300 click here and read some ideas on how to enter the system and check it. F8 on some systems but with a Dell it may be F4 - can't remember. The trick is to see if you can get into to safe mode at the moment.
Relevancy 51.17%

HELLO , can somebody help me to have password to my laptop
Bios password , i have try many things but not succed

A:Dell Latitude D600

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look HERE

Hope it helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Relevancy 51.17%

I've just started having problems of my Dell powering off whenever I hold the bottol right hand by the battery. The sceen goes off, but the loghts remain on, but cannot get the screen to come back on, unless I switch off power on the computer switch by holding it in for a couple of seconds. Please help

A:Dell Latitude D620

Did you check Power Options in Control Panel to verify that pressing the power button actually shuts the computer off and doesn't put it in Stand By or Hibernation?
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there,
I just purchased a Dell Latitude E4310 and have installed Windows 10 on it. Sadly i a just discovered that Dell doesn't support windows 10 Drivers for this Laptop. 
This is actually frustrating as i had the option of going with a HP but chose DELL for superiority.
Will Drivers for Windows 10 (HD Graphics , Audio etc) for this make of Laptop be available & how soon or not so i can go for other options that allow the full functionalities and resource for Windows 10.

A:Dell Latitude E4310

Unfortunately, I have no information if Dell will be creating Windows 10 drivers for this computer.
Relevancy 51.17%

I copied this directly from my question on Yahoo Answers because I did not yet get an answer ----- We have an OLD Dell Latitude from CD! ANY Old WILL Latitude NOT Dell boot laptop that we got from someone a long time ago and it is very slow It has XP Pro on it but it is way too slow for actually using I installed Xubuntu via Wubi Old Dell Latitude WILL NOT boot from ANY CD! and that worked great So I decided I would try to partition the HD and put Xubuntu on permanently and probably remove Windows I uninstalled Xubuntu but it still shows up on the boot menu even though it doesn t work ANYWAYS I Old Dell Latitude WILL NOT boot from ANY CD! have a few various boot CDs including Xubuntu UBCD and the Windows disc that came with the laptop The laptop has no CD Drive on it so it uses an external one with some weird cable Not USB The problem is that NO boot cd will boot on that laptop They all work on any other computer but this thing refuses to boot any cd It sits at the Dell screen when it finds that there s a boot cd and it sits there for minutes and does one of two things It stops trying and boots to Windows It makes a horrendously loud BEEEEEP and says something along the lines of quot Boot incomplete press F something to resume in which pressing that takes you to Windows or F something to go to Setup BIOS Now I HAVE configured the BIOS crap boot order So in theory it SHOULD boot from CDs Instead it tries to but then it seems like it gives up and just boots to Windows The specs that I can tell of the laptop are Pentium III Processor MB of RAM GB Hard Drive ish inch monitor and only one USB port not And I don t know anything about the graphics I really need help with this I need to get it to boot from CDs so I can fix the darn piece of crap It USED to boot from its Windows CD But no longer Please help nbsp
Relevancy 51.17%

I am new to this site and joined because I have a technical problem with my 3 year old Dell Latitude 600. When I press the start button to start it, the little lights light for about 2-3 seconds and then shut off. Nothing even comes to the screen. Any ideas?

A:Dell Latitude won't start

Sorry to be so long answering, ive been a bit busy, usual cause is faulty memory chips or ones that have just worked loose, if you have 2 chips try either in DImm1 socket and see if it works, failing that the board is going bad, do an Ebay search on the board and see what it costs to replace it.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the Dell Active Stylus can be used with the Dell Latitude XT3.

A:Dell Latitude XT3 compatability

Unfortunately, the only systems that Active Stylus works with are listed below.
Compatibility This product is compatible with the following systems:

XPS 12 (Model 9250)
Inspiron 15 7000 Series (Model 7568)*
Venue 8 Pro (Model 5855) (Coming Soon)
Venue 10 Pro (Model 5056) (Coming Soon)

*Wake up feature not available
The Latitude XT3 uses and Electrostatic Pen. Information listed below.
Electrostatic Pen
The Latitude™ XT3 uses a specifically designed electrostatic pen or stylus for use in tablet PC mode. Instead of relying on battery power, the energy source for the stylus is magnetic energy produced by the excitation coil built into the digitizer itself. The signal from the coil is picked up by the stylus and triggers the stylus to transmit an electric field.
The transmitted electric field is sensed by a matrix of conductive lines, accurate stylus position determined using the low amplitude signals received on the vertical and horizontal conductors, and an appropriate signal is transferred to the digitizer's onboard processor.
The pen should be designed to support multiple pen tip types to provide the user with a choice in tip/screen interaction when writing.  Two basic nibs will include a hard plastic "standard" nib and a softer "felt" nib.  The nibs should be different colors to help users distinguish the two types. The pen nib can be removed without a tool.
The stylus pen kit that come with the Latitude™ XT3 contains one stylus pen, an extra pen tip, an AAAA battery and string to tie the stylus pen to the system.
Relevancy 51.17%

i just reinstalled xp on my moms laptop i dowmloaded all the drivers from dell but the network controller is still missing driver i have read a similar post on this site about a latitude c610 with same issue i hope someone can help me soon because it is not allowing me to access wifi only lan HELP PLEASE

A:dell latitude d800 Help please

try this
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all I was thinking about purchasing a d420 how Latitude -- Dell it? is Dell Latitude d for is this a good laptop for its price It has GB RAM and comes with charge and all It looks fresh I didn t see any scratches or anything tomorrow before I buy it I am going to take a look at it again and turn it on The local pawn shop by my school is selling it I need a Dell Latitude d420 -- how is it? laptop that is good on the go and just like this witch Dell Latitude d420 -- how is it? is lightweight and small to carry How is it What are your reviews about it are the latitude series good for a high school student I might play some games on it like WoW If I do purchase it I am going to install Windows XP Crystal and optimize it the best I could I would of had my HP Pavillion dv but turns out I bought a new LCD and whole screen for it and got it installed now the Graphics card web on it If I wanted to replace it I would need to change the whole mother board HP said sucks for me nbsp
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi! Acording to the online specs this laptop has Intel's HD Graphics 4400 GPU and AMD's Radeon HD 8850M graphics chip, but in device manager is just the intel graphics and when i try to install the amd driver , the amd auto-detect isn`t recognizing the video card. In dxdiag it shows just the intel graphics nothing about the radeon s 8850m . It`s like the video card isn`t there at all. What should i do ?
Relevancy 51.17%

I just installed a new HD in Dell laptop and loaded it with a new Windows XP Pro and downloaded the System Pack 3 and all other XP Pro important downloads.

First the sounds didn't work, but a I downloaded a driver and I got sound. Now, the only challenge is to get the picture on the monitor when I play a DVD. I hear a sound, but there's NO PICTURE!

I beleive there's no Graphics card. Where/how do I download this car? And what kind of Graphics card?

A:Dell Latitude D610

MaxGlide said:

I just installed a new HD in Dell laptop and loaded it with a new Windows XP Pro and downloaded the System Pack 3 and all other XP Pro important downloads.

First the sounds didn't work, but a I downloaded a driver and I got sound. Now, the only challenge is to get the picture on the monitor when I play a DVD. I hear a sound, but there's NO PICTURE!

I beleive there's no Graphics card. Where/how do I download this car? And what kind of Graphics card?

MaxClick to expand...

You may need to download newer drivers for your graphics card that is in your laptop. It sounds like right now your computer is using the default drivers from the Windows XP Disk which may not be good enough for your video to show up from a DVD. Did you try the Dell website for the video drivers?

Or you may need to download a DVD Playback Codec. They are normally not free, but there is a player out there that they come free in which is called VLC.
Relevancy 51.17%

Can any 1 help me i want master bios password of dell latitude c400 ...service tag #BZNZM11-595B .....plzz give me master password

A:dell latitude c400

Give dell a call.
Relevancy 51.17%

I got a dell latitude e6430 around a year ago as a present and since yesterday (7/09/14) I couldn't get on it. It starts but it keeps going on startup repair (I've done this around 5 times) and the message that comes up with...

"if you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance"

I click finish and still when I turn it on again it doesn't work. I've attached my photo memory card but I done it ages ago with no problem and nothing new has been attached.

If someone knows how to fix it I would be so grateful

Hi and welcome to TSF please see page 75 here and see if you can run the diagnostic.
Relevancy 51.17%

A friend of mine gave me a Dell Latitude C640 to check out. It looks like a decent clean laptop and it sounds that it's going to boot up but after it gets to the Dell and Windows XP screens, it immediately goes to the "Windows did not start successfully" screen and gives me the option of starting windows normally, going to safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, or last known good configuration.

Unfortunately, no matter what I choose, it always comes back to that "Windows did not start successfully" screen. I thought maybe the OS was corrupted, so I tried repairing it or even just reinstalling the OS from CD but nothing works. I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem or an OS problem.

Any one have any idea on what the problem is?

Rich S.
Gettysburg, PA

A:Dell Latitude C640

I would download and make a ubcd and start by running a memory test on the machine then check some of the other systems you should find the problem download at
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell latitude D610

My problem is that I want to use a second monitor and my laptop screen at the same time, but I want them to be in different resolutions.

Is this possible?
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all,

I have an E6400 running Vista and an E4300 running Windows 7. Both with regular HDD's, wanting to upgrade them to SSD's. I have the SSD's - a Crucial BX100 250G for the first, a 120G Toshiba for the E4300.

E6400; I have 'cloned' with EaseUS Todo Backup onto the SSD, apparently successfully, via CD caddy, but it won't boot up when I replace HDD with SSD. Just get a black screen with a cursor. Could it be just that it is thinner, so loose?

I haven't tried to do the E4300, so any tips there... also read it could be something to do with Windows 'hidden files' not being cloned?

Also wondering if Win 7 or Vista is better - been happy with 7, just got the Vista machine. If one is better, can I clone one onto both & do away with Vista, or vice versa?

A:Dell Latitude SSD upgrade

When you boot into Windows and only the cursor is visible, click 1 (one) time only CTRL+ALT+DEL, select New Task, then navigate into the Windows folder, scroll down and click on explorer.
Relevancy 51.17%

hi i have a dell latitude D620 and it has a novell client password and wont let me log in it asks for a username and password how can i fix this problem i need help please

A:dell latitude D620

read the FAQs please:
Relevancy 51.17%

Dell Latitude 5270P/N SNS5270001
It come with 1TB 5400RPM  of HDDCan i add M.2 SSD to work with HDD
SSD: use as system osHDD: use as data storageThank you

A:Dell Latitude 5270 HDD & SSD

Yes, you can.  That said, M.2 drives are offered in both SATA and PCI Express (aka NVMe) versions.  Be sure you get a SATA drive - NOT a PCI Express drive.
Relevancy 51.17%

im a new member so im a little lost at the moment. i have a dell latitude 510 that wont start up. it has started once for me but then shut down again The lights come on 3 near the screen 2 down the side on the top and the network plug flashes i have replaced the memory,removed the battery and removed the dvd still no good any ideas

Relevancy 51.17%

I have just bought a Dell Latitude LS laptop (used) and I want to upgrade the RAM. It only has 128 MB. How do I take it apart and put more RAM in and where can I get the RAM cheap? Also, would it be possible to upgrade the processor eventualy? (it has a pentiun III as of right now).

A:Dell Latitude LS Laptop Help

You can go to Dell support, enter your notebook model or identification code and navigate to replace hardware for a guide on replaceing the memory. If you go to system specs on the same site, it will tell you what kind of memory it uses and how much it will hold . .

You can also use the Memory Configuration at to get the same info. Dell's do not handle cheap memory well so stick with Crucial . . price is competitive and they gurantee it will work in the notebook.

Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to upgrade processors on todays notebooks . . dammit! You can upgrade memory and hard drive but nothing else.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have an old Dell notebook, that do not have a cd-rom. I am thinking if I can change the BIOS, so that I can boot from an external cd-rom? I have the floppy drive, but do not have the cd-rom drive. If I can not, I must buy the cd-rom.

A:An old Dell Latitude C610

I would be surprised if a unit of that age allowed booting from a USB connected device?
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop connected perfectly months ago to my home wireless network. Then my son borrowed it to game on and changed settings to connect to his pc as a monitor or something. When he gave it back, i can click and see my home wireless listed, however, when I click connect it will not connect. The only way I can connect is by connecting an ethernet. I am disabled so sitting on the floor is getting hard. Can anyone help me get back to wireless again?
Yes, the wireless switch is slid on, on the side.
Yes, i have rebooted.
I have tried to restore to a previous point, however it only shows 2 recent dates....
Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Dell Latitude D630

First you need to contact that son of yours and give him a bit of your mind after he tells you what he changed.
He should come back and undo those changes.

Can you see the network name being listed in the wireless drop down?
Or any network in the drop down listing?
Relevancy 51.17%

Ive got one of the above, but its Vid card is substandard*. Its an ATI rage mobility 4 (count 'em)mb jobbie.

Is there anyway on this earth that I can improve the graphics capabilities of this machine???

CS in software mode sucks.

* Edited by moderator

A:Dell latitude L400

Originally posted by Wilier
ATI rage mobility 4 mb
Is there anyway I can improve the graphics capabilities

Nope! Besides, ATI RAGE Mobility?, is not a true 4Mb. The video memory is not on the die itself, but it is part of the packaging. The way these integrated units are set up, your using ram resources.

Similar Topic Here -->
Relevancy 51.17%

This morning attempted to start laptop and nothing. The screen is black. The battery is warm. No beeps, nothing. The caps light does not work. Any suggestions?

A:Dell Latitude D810

Pull the battery and plug in the power adapter. See if it starts up.
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok I am nbsp kind of new to all this so please have a heart and nbsp refrain from making me need please d820 dell help latitude look stupid cause i might make it easy nbsp by nbsp being a easy nbsp target I have a dell laptop latitude d and my goodness need help please dell latitude d820 it was is slow I mean so nbsp slow nbsp mail might be more practical using lets say the pony express so i do mean need help please dell latitude d820 slow nbsp Then if anyone could be kind and nbsp can help me get it to have better performance i would really be grateful That is not the main problem nbsp due to it being so slow nbsp i searched nbsp read nbsp and saw its a good idea to reformat the entire thing and that nbsp i did I followed direction per windows tutorials and made a back up disk to reboot from I then formatted the thing clearing it back to its virginity state and proceeded to boot from back up disk I was informed i needed to authenticate my version of windows so i used the key located on the bottom of my dell It acted like it was going through and by that i mean it was taking forever and then eventually came back saying i could not use that key for my version of windows pro I dont have the money to just go buy a new one and it wont let me authenticate this version Please someone nbsp anyone help me out here To top it all off its even slower so it seems Any education or enlightenment will be very welcomed and well received Thanks and hope to hear all the things i need to bring this dell back to its working state

A:need help please dell latitude d820

The Latitude D820 would have shipped with Windows XP Professional and not Windows 7 professional. They key will be for Windows XP Professional...
It should run Windows 10 32 Bit okay, follow this guide:
Relevancy 51.17%

Got a second hand Dell 2120, been working fine but now will not open in windows7,
anyone know what's going wrong?

A:Dell latitude 2120

Sorry should have said it's a latitude 2120, new to all this...
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell Latitude D620 that won't bootup. When I press the power button the keyboard status light come on but the uppercase and scrollock blink for a while then shut off. It never tries to boot. Can anyone tell me if they have seen this problem? Is my laptop fixable or worth fixing? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Dell Latitude D620

This looks like power supply failure. Try it without the battery in case this has a short - it should run without it.
It is fixable but needs a skilled workshop technician.
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm trying to change BIOS data.

I simply cannot change the page (7 of) or move from the time Date Fields.

Any ideas, please?

A:Dell Latitude C840

But you have no problem changing other BIOS settings?
Relevancy 51.17%

I have no audio through the laptop but when I hook up earphones its fine. I have installed, updated, rolled back, deleted, and reinstalled drivers any idea's ?

A:Dell Latitude D520

If your headphones are working, it's more than likely the speakers and not a driver
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello my friends need help I have a dell latitude d520 blocks could help me find a clue I'm in this for months and find nothing I would appreciate your help

excuse my English

A:Dell Latitude d520

What is wrong with your Dell D520??? Does it lock up?
Relevancy 51.17%

i ha ve an dell latitude d620 but i can recover the bios password
the service tag is GLFYQ2J
any one help me plz

A:dell latitude d620

take a look at this thread and see if it helps
Relevancy 51.17%

First I must say hello all I have had a browes around seems I might fit in here nice place folks.

Now my quest I have been given a named above Dell, It runs very very slow OS is XP Home, now it has a
system memory 128MB Internal cache 256KB video memory 2.5MB H/Drive 6495 MB

Is there away I can adjust the 300 mhz to go either 450 or 500? If so can someone guide me on how please. ?

What happens is it will load to windows desktop in 90 seconds when I try to access from Start control panel it takes for ever to load or open anything come to that any help or advice welcome. Please don't say throw it away LOL

Relevancy 51.17%

Have a Dell laptop is win XP pro 32bit. It was running fine when I went to bed but next day turned it on and it couldn't boot had a message saying " unmountable_boot_volume " . Codes behind it were 0x000000ED ( 0x82324030, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000.). Failed the DST Short Status test. Had statement saying " Log contains previous errors ". I think I've tried all combos of F keys alone and with an, control, even alt try to bring up factory setting app. Help plz.

A:Dell Latitude 600 cannot boot up

" unmountable_boot_volume""Failed the DST Short Status test""Log contains previous errors"Put those 3 statements together & it's very likely your hard drive has failed. Hopefully you have backup copies of any important data because you may not be able to recover it. Try running a diagnostics test to confirm the hard drive's status. edited by riider
Relevancy 51.17%

my computer says:

"This computer system, #BYZBWOJ-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct password.

Please type in the primary or administrator password and press <Enter> "

someone who can help me,or can give a master password or link to site?

I have tried much, backdoor passwords memory-sure, Latitude_MasterPW.exe, looked at on this forum,tried, but nothing has helped me. Are able me perhaps with something help you something that works.

ps: Dell c640 Latitude

A:Dell C640 Latitude

same problem is there any solutions
Relevancy 51.17%

Posting this from Panera in Ft Lauderdale where acquaintance with BSOD caught my attention. He says 10 years old Latitude 640 runs 32 bit 7 great with 1gb RAM, BSOD only just happened.

I told him the real geniuses are behind this door here.

Any help is much appreciated.

A:10 year old Dell Latitude

One and only minidump,not very helpfull.

Though this minidump points to ati2dvag.dll ati software\driver

Needs to update these,the oldest drivers ever posted here,no way to be compatible with win7.

cwawdm.sys 0x8db02000 0x8db17c00 0x00015c00 0x3d52b424 08-Aug-02 9:10:44 μμ
el90Xbc5.SYS 0x8da69000 0x8da7b200 0x00012200 0x3ede829a 05-Jun-03 2:36:58 πμ
ati2mtag.sys 0x8d977000 0x8da13000 0x0009c000 0x3f39a3b3 13-Aug-03 5:34:27 πμ
ati2dvag.dll ati2dvag.dll+40496 0x95400000 0x9545f000 0x0005f000 0x3f39a3c6 13-Aug-03 5:34:46 πμ
i2220ntx.sys 0x8da7c000 0x8daa2400 0x00026400 0x421d41ff 24-Feb-05 5:54:55 πμ
el90Xbc5.SYS 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller

i2220ntx.sys INPROCOMM IPN2220 Wireless LAN Card
It was acquired by MediaTek Inc in early 2005
Relevancy 51.17%

My friend gave his laptop to try and fix because I am pretty tech savvy, although had virtually no experience with laptops. His has the problem of not turning on, I couldn't hear the hard drive stating to spin so I took the one out of my laptop and put it in his. Nothing changed but then when I put my hard drive back, my screen wont turn on, just the lights and I cant hear the processor, or harddrive start up. nothing but the little power lights. I really need you help guys, I am selling this laptop to friend of my brother this week

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:Dell Latitude won't turn on

Remove the HardDrive again from your laptop (I think we are only talking about your Laptop)
Remove the Power Adaptor and Battery
Hold down the ON button for 30secs (dispersing all internal voltage)
Put the Power Adaptor back in (No HardDrive yet!)
Turn On
Does it now show a display?

If Yes. Turn it off, and put the HardDrive and Battery back in.
If No, Remove the Power Adaptor again
Disperse the internal Voltage again
Remove and reseat the Ram (sometimes blowing out any dust too)
With the Ram back in, Put the Power Adaptor back in
Turn on

Did it work?
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Dell Latitude D520 Laptop and am having problems with the display... I am running Windows XP SP3. When I switch the Laptop on all starts fine and all the Icons appear as they should. However, after approx 5 mins the Display goes off and no matter what I do I can't get it to come back on. After Restart the same thing happens. I don't think this is a Software Issue as it all starts as it should and the problem persists after I've tried re installing Windows onto it. When the screen Dims it is still possible to see everything very dimly in the background.

Any help would be greatly appreciated????

A:Dell Latitude D520 HELP!!!!

Is the power adapter attached when this happens? Laptops by default dim after 5 minutes of inactivity when the power adapter is not attached to save power but it should come back on by either pressing the power button once, or tapping the Enter key. Is the battery being recharged when the power adapter is attached? You can try this without the battery in, and just using the Power Adapter to test if the battery is the problem.
You can adjust the power settings by right clicking a blank space on the desktop/Properties/Screen Save/Power. You can change the time and what the power button does. (ex) pressing power button once to wake from sleep etc.
Relevancy 51.17%

Alright so my brother was playing on xbox live last night and for some reason he found it necessary to prop open my laptop to check his stats for Battlefield Bad Company as he played it Now my brother is what you would call a hardcore gamer his session lasted a good or hours I awoke this morning to see that he was still up and he tried to lighten the mood be telling my my latitude has an attitude I may have laughed but i could see by the look on on won't Latitude Dell turn his face something was bad So now when i try to turn it on the power lights and the lock lights go on for about a second then go off again and there are none of the sounds of a computer startup that i recognize He said it was plugged in and then just suddenly shut off He had it sitting on a solid table so i am guessing that it probably overheated and the fan couldn t do it s job The model is Dell C C Latitiude this is my first laptop bought off ebay for and its been running fine for Dell Latitude won't turn on the last month Any help you can give in getting my laptop back up and Dell Latitude won't turn on running is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Latitude won't turn on

Remove the battery and try the AC adapter only... Then try another AC adapter
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I am currently trying to hook up my dell latitude cpx to my tv to use it as my monitor. It has an S-Video out port, and my tv has RCA ports only, so i purchased a cable which is s-video to an rca connector for my video in. Well when I boot up my laptop, when i get to the welcome screen in xp, it starts to display on my tv, but then about 5 to 10 seconds after that it flickers and the picture goes away.Ive tried everything in the display settings and also enabled everything in my BOIS, with no luck, could anyone help me??

Thanks in advance!

A:Dell Latitude cpx, to tv problems

Same. I have a DELL Latitude CPxH running Windows XP and I wanted to use composite video via the S-Video port. It would display on the TV for about 20 seconds at the Welcome screen then go blank.

My solution was to switch off hardware acceleration in the Display Properties / Advanced Settings button / Troubleshooting tab. Move the slider all the way to the left. Reboot as instructed.

PS. The F8 key has no effect. Only one monitor appears in the display properties.
Relevancy 51.17%

hello there not sure if this is windows related.well i have installed speedfan software and this laptop i have is at 55-60 running and the fan is quiet kind of i was wondering is there any way of speeding up my fan at lower temperatures.i cant figger out this speedfan settings and im afraid of frying my is what i think is my fan maybe DELL $3E8 on ISA then it shows temperature 1 offset not sure what i should put that to.

Many (most) Dell's do not have user fan speed control. Its what it is. Laptops, in general, tend to run warm as they sacrifice extra cooling for reduction in fan noise.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I borrowed a Dell Latitude 630 because my Compaq nx9420 can hardly even boot up now. I'm not sure if the sound stopped after I installed a game or after I plugged my headphones into what I was pretty sure was a headphone port. I don't remember, but all I know is that I can't play World of Warcraft and I'm freaking out. Can someone please help me? It has XP.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, A friend just gave a Dell Latitude cpi because he shut it down with the reboot to start up in dos mode. He didnt know how to change it back so he gave it to me. When its turned on, the screen says Invalid system disk replace the disk and pres sany key. I have xp to put on but no key code for this computer. It has windows 98 on it. I dont have that disk, is that the only way? I would just like to get it back to the previous setting that worked, not in set up either as far as I see, so I can use it for games or what ever.

A:Solved: Dell Latitude cpi

I'm pretty sure that if you don't have the original disk, you are pretty much going to have to start from scratch.
Relevancy 51.17%

Well its like this, all is not good at this point !!!!!!!
1: can't boot up from disk , all I get is it asking for the location of the COMMAND.COM INTERPRETER
2: Once I do get it to boot what do I need to get dos to recognize the external CD ROM that is connect to the USB port, so that I am able to install Win XP.
3: Or is there another way to connect the external ROM to the laptop rather than using the usb port.

Your help on this matter would be greatly accepted.
cheers CODAN

A:Dell Latitude 610 boot up to usb cd rom

Howdy codan...

You might try here Bootdisk, download the XP boot disks, once downloaded, double click on the downloaded file to create the floppies...
Relevancy 51.17%

hi everybody,

i need help please, i have a dell latitude d530 it was running windows vista
but i im not sure if my son deleted it, anyways i dont have a recovery disc from dell and a friend of mine let me borrow his windows xp home edition sp1 cd from hp, i created an iso cd from nlite, with the dell drivers but when i was doing the setup the system setup log screen pops up saying this:

the signature for windows xp home edition setup is invalid. the error code is c0000006.

the system cannot find message text for message number 0xc0000006 in the message file for syssetup.dll.

i dont know what else i can do please help. thanks

A:help with my dell latitude d530

Did you try a system restore? If not go to this link
and go to page 135 and try it. You can also call Dell and get the 2 CD's for your system for a small fee. Have your service code ready when you talk to Dell.
Relevancy 51.17%

dell latitude c810 turns on and then it will shut off in 2 seconds,there is nothing showing on the display when this happens,also it will work fine with a external monitor.
can anyone help me with these problem.