Windows Support Forum

bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

Q: bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

bsod fault bsod: in nonpaged area page page fault in nonpaged area -- bsod: page fault in nonpaged area gt please help hello got a problem that s driving me crazy I keep on getting a blue screen after windows start-up saying quot page fault in nonpaged area quot stop x and have to reboot after that after x times of rebooting the system starts correctly en runs as smoothly as ever I m using win XP pro fully updated my lay-out is set on win classic but it always changes back to the xp-look also my sound-schemes chances back to the standard scheme everytime I have this problem I checked both my ram modules they re both ok when I remove one and only use the other the problem keeps appearing I checked both my bsod: page fault in nonpaged area HD s with diagnose-software from the manufacterer s site they are also okay I can t find any help at microsoft support site so anyone who knows how to help me or has any suggestions please help me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

Then you are too low on RAM memory. You stated that when you use only one module, the problem appears. Unless I don't follow what you're trying to say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.80853/
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi guys I am having big problems page BSOD in nonpaged area fault 8.1 Win with my notebook I am getting this quot page fault in nonpaged area quot BSOD times a day I don't know what caused it but I ran this program called quot who crashed quot and I got this its multiple crashes I also included that file you always want Thank you for you help guys MSI-pi zip Crash BSOD page fault in nonpaged area Win 8.1 dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x A Bugcheck code x xFFFFE F C x xFFFFF B x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company BSOD page fault in nonpaged area Win 8.1 Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place BSOD page fault in nonpaged area Win 8.1 in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module qcamainx sys Qcamainx x D Bugcheck code x xFFFFE F C x xFFFFF B x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system drivers qcamainx sys product Driver for Qualcomm Atheros QCA x Network Adapter company Qualcomm Atheros Inc description Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver qcamainx sys Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver Qualcomm Atheros Inc Google query Qualcomm Atheros Inc PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x A Bugcheck code x xFFFFE x xFFFFF x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x A Bugcheck code x xFFFFE F x xFFFFF B F x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x A Bugcheck code x xFFFFE E x xFFFFF BF EA x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical softwa... Read more

A:BSOD page fault in nonpaged area Win 8.1

Uninstall Daemon tools, disable nVidia Streaming Kernel Service in services.msc. Update drivers in red. Uninstall MSI software
Also, in the first dump file, the Killer Network Manger is blamed. This has caused problems in the past. I would suggest you to follow the below quote (Follow Note 2 first. If it does not work, follow note 1) -
(Thanks Usasma!)At times the Killer Network Manager may cause BSOD problems:

NOTE1:Link thanks to blueelvis (15Oct2014): https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178064.0 This is a method for removing all the network software and only installing the driver. Perfect for those issues that can't be resolved any other way!

NOTE2: See this link first: BSOD while playing on msi gt70 dragon edition 2 (thanks to kaelaan) It appears that the Killer Service problem was solved with the latest release of the Qualcomm versions of the drivers (so try updating to a version dated from later in 2014).
The Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service/KillerNetManager is known to cause BSOD's. Please follow the workaround instructions here:

First, open the Run dialog (Win + R keys) and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Scroll down and locate the "Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service" and right click on it. Select "Stop"
Right click on it again and this time select "Properties"
In the dropdown box for "Startup type", select "Disabled", then click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the window

Next, open Task Manager (right click on TaskBar and select "Task Manager")
Click on the "More details" dropdown (if present)
Click on the "Startup" tab
Scroll down and locate the "KillerNetManager" entry, right click on it and select "Disable"
There may also be an Install Shield (with the Killer gaming K next to it), if so Right click on it and select "Disable"
Finally, restart the system in order for the changes to take affect.
At times the Killer Network Manager will continue to load. If so, it's usually listed in the MSINFO32...Software Environment...Startup Programs section. If it is, please try this:

It may be that the instructions aren't stopping everything.
In some cases, there's a program running out of the Program Files/Program Files (x86) directory.
"c:\program files\qualcomm atheros\killer network manager\killer~1.exe" (NOTE: killer~1.exe is most likely killernetmanager.exe)
In other cases, there's a program running out of c:\windows\installer\{Long string of letters, numbers, and dashes}\networkmanager.exe_130c27d738f34c89bddf21bcfd74b56d.exe (the long string of letters and numbers may change)

Here's some things to try
1) Please see if there are any entries in the Startup tab of Task Manager that are related to Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer Network Manager (and NOT the card itself) and disable them (please let us know what you find) Be careful as the wrong selection can disable the network card.
2) Check in "msconfig" for any entries that aren't in the Startup tab of Task Manager. Let us know if you find any Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer entries there (we'll disable them differently if they are there).
3) Locate the "c:\program files\qualcomm atheros\killer network manager\killer~1.exe" and rename the .exe to .BAD (the killer~1 is actually a filename that starts with killer and ends with .exe) There will be an error in event viewer, but it'll stop the bugger from loading.
4) Locate the "c:\windows\installer\{Long string of letters, numbers, and dashes}\networkmanager.exe_130c27d738f34c89bddf21bcfd74b56d.exe" entry and rename the last .exe to .BAD (the long string of letters and numbers may change)

Just FYI - here are the MSI workaround instructions: MSI USA - Online Technical Support FAQ

Code:
MBfilt64.sys Fri Jul 31 05:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0)
Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver (file labelled as Creative Audio Driver) - Was found in th... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61902-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Lately I've had a couple BSODs, both only while gaming. The games seem to freeze up and i can get no response from my pc. After a few moments i get a BSOD and it dumps physical memory and reboots. the name is 'PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA'

I've uploaded the most recent minidump, can anyone tell me whats happening in my rig?

A:Page fault in nonpaged area (bsod)

Hi, silverfang and welcome to the forum. Sorry that you are having problems. Please read this thread, follow the instructions and post back. We will be glad to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/128027-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 94.86%

a blue screen with that title pops up everytime i start my computer up and i can't access my main home screen. it never gets passed the windows load screen

Stop:0x00000050

(0xc3A00000, 0x00000000, 0x8053A8F3, 0x00000000)

from what i looked up it says it is usually a defective memory problem either L2 mem cache, video mem, or main memory. i asked a guy for his opinion at a local computer shop and he believes that it could be the hard drive. also i tried reformatting it and whenever it goes into the installation it goes to the same blue screen as well if i tried to go into safe made. please help

A:BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

HDD Diagnostics
- http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html
- http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-571102.html
Relevancy 94.86%

I just recently joined this forum in area BSoD nonpaged Page fault - so I apoligize if this should Page fault in nonpaged area BSoD have gone in another section Anyways last night i put my laptop to sleep as per usual and went to bed myself Some time during the night the fans had come on and woke me up and I just reached up and turned off the laptop via power button When i tried to turn in on this morning I got the following BSoD - IMAG Flickr - Photo Page fault in nonpaged area BSoD Sharing When I try to turn it on now it gives the option to start windows normally or start windows repair Starting windows normally just Page fault in nonpaged area BSoD gives the BSoD and starting repair opens a repair screen briefly but then goes to the BSoD as well During the first splash screen f f and f all fail to work they just freeze the boot process and nothing happens As it stands I can't access the computer at all so any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Page fault in nonpaged area BSoD

Quote: Originally Posted by pyrofoam

I just recently joined this forum - so I apoligize if this should have gone in another section. Anyways, last night i put my laptop to sleep as per usual and went to bed myself. Some time during the night the fans had come on and woke me up, and I just reached up and turned off the laptop via power button. When i tried to turn in on this morning, I got the following BSoD - IMAG0010 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! When I try to turn it on now it gives the option to start windows normally or start windows repair. Starting windows normally just gives the BSoD and starting repair opens a repair screen briefly but then goes to the BSoD as well. During the first splash screen f2, f8, and f12 all fail to work, they just freeze the boot process and nothing happens. As it stands I can't access the computer at all, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have the win 7 dvd?

Do you have a backup from before the problem started?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169586-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi everyone I've been having some various BSODs as of late with the latest being Page Fault in nonpages area and in other Area Page BSOD Nonpaged Fault My computer froze before it could list the dump files I've had this computer for a year and had BSODs very infrequently Page Fault in Nonpaged Area and other BSOD until I installed Norton about a month ago Now I get a BSOD everytime I start the computer and it takes about - restarts until my Page Fault in Nonpaged Area and other BSOD computer stays on Page Fault in Nonpaged Area and other BSOD and stable I have gotten various blue screens including Memory Management IRQL not less or more and others that I couldn't read because they flashed too fast before the computer restarts I've updated my video card and bios driver and my other drivers should be up to date I've done MemTest on my RAM and have not had any problems I also ran the program on Vista that checks that the hardware included on my system is running correctly forgot what the program was called and didnt have anything wrong I have degragmented ran check disk and am not sure what else to do I read the post quot about posting quot so I'm trying to include as much info as I can I've filled in my specs and downloaded the system info program from this forum My clipboard info is below I've had some other problems since I installed Norton but this is the most pressing Just want to make sure I can narrow it down and not automatically blame Norton Thanks Code Computer Info Logged in user Caryn-PC Caryn Computer Model GC AA-ABA m n Computer Manufacturer HP-Pavilion OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium C Windows Device Harddisk Partition OS Version System Type X -based PC Total Physical Memory MB Windows Directory C Windows BIOS Version Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG CPU AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Resolution x x colors UAC Status UAC is currently enabled Installed Applications HP Product Detection - Location C Program Files HP Common Microsoft Office OneNote MUI English - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI English - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Excel MUI English - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI English - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Word MUI English - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Proofing English - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Shared MUI English - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Proof English - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Proof Spanish - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Proof French - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Home and Student - Location C Program Files Microsoft Office Snapfish Media Detector - Location C Program Files Snapfish Media Detector SimCity Societies - Location C Program Files Electronic Arts SimCity Societies MSXML SP KB - Location HP Picasso Media Center Add-In - Location Norton AntiVirus Help - Location C Program Files Norton Internet Security HP Total Care Advisor - Location C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HP Update - Location Component Framework - Location Safari - Location C Program Files Safari Symantec Technical Support Web Controls - Location C Program Files Symantec Technical Support Web Controls Roxio Activation Module - Location Roxio Creator Data - Location C Program Files Roxio Creator Data Apple Mobile Device Support - Location C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support QuickTime - Location C Program Files QuickTime AppCore - Location C Program Files Norton Internet Security MSXML SP KB - Location Adobe Reader - Location Spelling Dictionaries Support For Adobe Reader - Location Bonjour - Location C Program Files Bonjour Norton Internet Security - Location C Program Files Norton Internet Security Roxio Creator Audio ... Read more

A:Page Fault in Nonpaged Area and other BSOD

Hi spaceid and welcome to the forums

Due to the complexity of modern PCs and their OSes, it is not unusual to have the ocaissional BSOD once in a while - these might be caused by a power glitch whilst your PC is powering up, for example. However, I have a feeling that it is indeed Norton that is causing your problem, especially when you state

Originally Posted by spaceid

I've had this computer for a year and had BSODs very infrequently until I installed Norton 2008 about a month ago. Now I get a BSOD everytime I start the computer and it takes about 4-6 restarts until my computer stays on and stable.

Especially when you also state

Originally Posted by spaceid

I've had some other problems since I installed Norton, but this is the most pressing.

I recommend that you uninstall Norton and instead install an alternative, such as Kaspersky (which I use).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/178649-page-fault-nonpaged-area-other-bsod.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi all I've recently run into the dreaded BSOD - Page Fault in Non-Paged Area screen Nonpaged BSOD Fault Page Area - In Initially it started randomly while I was copying some files over but now has escalated into always occurring every time when I start up Basically windows will start up and get past the welcome screen so I can see my desktop After a few seconds though the BSOD will show up with the error code of x FFFFF A A FFFFF I was wondering if anyone would assist in diagnosing what the issue may be and how to fix it I have attached the dump files in this post and the specs of my machine is I - GB RAM HD GB HDDS GB SSD TB GB GB Windows Ultimate Edit I've also performed memory tests but they do not show that anything is an issue there Edit This is what shows up on safe mode Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFF A B BCP BCP FFFFF F BCP OS Version Service Pack Product

A:BSOD - Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

What memory tests have you run? How many passes did you run them for?
Since you did not find any hardware related problems, I suspect the following:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\EasyCleaner RAWRZ\Julz:Start Menu\Programs\Utilities\EasyCleaner RAWRZ\Julz
Start Menu\Programs\Video\MSI Afterburner RAWRZ\Julz:Start Menu\Programs\Video\MSI Afterburner RAWRZ\Julz
DaemonTools comes with a driver sptd.sys that is known to cause crashes.

EasyTune6 provides interfaces to the hardware for software based overclocking. Those interfaces can cause instability since software overclocking does not provide voltage changes necessary for overclocking to be stable.

3rd party Windows 7 optimization software is not required for Windows 7. Windows 7 is already light weight, so stripping it down further by cleaning the registry and removing Windows features damages the OS beyond repair so that a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 is needed. This is the most likely scenario you are facing.

MSI Afterburner causes instability for the same reason as EasyTune6.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234407-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello, I've just put together my new computer and sadly I've already gotten two BSOD's. Considering all the software on it is pretty new, I'm not sure what could be causing it. It occurs when I'm trying to shut down or reboot. The last things I remember doing before this started happening were applying some important windows updates (about 5 or so), steam, teamspeak, also configured msi afterburner for a custom automatic fan profile..

I'd appreciate it very much if I had some help figuring out what's going on, as i'd like to take care of it with the least amount of crashes possible :] (I assume it could hurt my hardware)

A:BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Code:
BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffffd0, 1, fffff80002cd312c, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AppleCharger.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AppleCharger.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : AppleCharger.sys ( AppleCharger+1a9b )

Code:
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS
AppleCharger.sys seems to be causing the crash here, and according to the DRT (Driver Reference Table) may cause BSODs with Windows 7. AppleCharger.sys is provided by Gigabyte, and I recommend you uninstall this driver to test for stability and compatibility improvements.

Remove:

Code:
2: kd> lmvm AppleCharger
start end module name
fffff880`04983000 fffff880`0498b000 AppleCharger T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: AppleCharger.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AppleCharger.sys
Image name: AppleCharger.sys
Timestamp: Wed Nov 02 02:46:00 2011 (4EB0AEE8)
CheckSum: 0000C20A
ImageSize: 00008000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
More Information - AppleCharger.sys - Driver Reference Table

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269956-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello I am having some difficulty identifying the cause of a persistent Windows BSOD error It happens about twice a week with no obvious cause or trigger Any suggestions or assistance towards troubleshooting this would be much appreciated PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA no specific driver or error code is identified on screen at the time of the BSOD This is on a new Dell laptop and the error has present since new I can find no evidence of hardware issues Area Page BSOD? Nonpaged in - Help Fault with and am thinking that it is likely a software driver bug Based on this thread it may be Help with BSOD? - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area the Dell Wifi driver and I have rolled back the Wifi driver to an older version today Unless you know a way to force a fault though it will be about five days before I have an indication that the BSOD may be resolved Attached per the posting guide SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip Perfmon report zip Answers for OS - Windows x -bit or x - x What was original installed OS on system - Windows x Is the OS an OEM version - Yes OEM OS Age of system hardware - months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - weeks Yes reinstalled OS CPU - Intel i - u Broadwell Video Card - Integrated on i Intel HD MotherBoard - n a laptop Power Supply - n a laptop System Manufacturer - Dell Exact model number - XPS model Laptop or Desktop - Laptop Driver Verifier - Currently running will post results after it runs hours Run HDD Diagnostics - Seatools no errors Dell extended hardware diagnostics no errors Test RAM - MS Memory Diagnostic test hours no errors - Memtest - full test run sets in extended mode no errors Other steps taken Reinstalled Windows OS amp latest Dell drivers no improvement Changed Dell graphics driver to latest Intel graphics driver no improvement McAfee full system scan with current definitions no threats found Uninstalled McAfee no improvement Windows defender full system scan with current definitions no threats found Disabled Windows defender in Group policy editor no improvement Installed Eset antivirus full system scan with current definitions no threats found Malwarebytes full system scan with current definitions no threats found sfc scannow no problems found chkdsk f no problems found Drive SMART status no problems found Rebuilt paging file deleted page file reboot changed page file to fixed size reboot no improvement Prime torture test hours in F room CPU load no errors Changed from Edge web browser to Firefox no improvement Updated Dell BIOS to latest version A no improvement Rolled back Wifi driver today unknown yet if this resolves the recurring BSOD error

A:Help with BSOD? - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Hi. . .

The 2 dumps both named your Broadcom wifi adapter driver as the probable cause - bcmwl63a.sys

Yours has a timestamp = 24 May 2015

You'll have to find an update for the driver - https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=bcmwl63a.sys

However, I see that only your system manufacturer offers the driver. Check with Dell Support - http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04

If they don't have an updated driver, you'll have to look at alternative hardware for wifi.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605711/help-with-bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area/
Relevancy 94.86%

guys, i need help with my acer laptop. This morning suddenly this BSOD pop up.
Can anyone please help me. Would appreciate if anyone can pm me so that they can explain to me step by step on what I need to do because I don't really know much about laptops, I just know how to play only >.<

A:Bsod page fault in nonpaged area

Hi shera and welcome. Help by PM is against forum rules for your protection and so others with similar problems can learn and find answers to their problems. We will try to be as clear as possible. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you don't understand.

Please download these diagnostic tests.

http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - https://www.piriform.com/speccy, taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. You can find this by clicking File, then Publish Snapshot.

Minitoolbox log
Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Devices (Only Problems)
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Restore Points

Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1145645/
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi, I have a user that recently developed the BSOD whenever he opens Autocad 2012 LT. I've reimaged the machine and it still has the same issue. I've run Memory diagnostics(Dell and Memtest86) and there are no errors.

This is on A Dell laptop E6410 i5 Intel Processor- Windows 7 Pro 32bit, 3Gb Ram

Attached is the dmp file. If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1062321/
Relevancy 94.86%

of the desktops in my household have suddenly started to continually reboot without fully loading They are fault area BSOD:Page nonpaged in both WinXP machines and have AVG loaded as their antivirus software After prompting me to log in as a user and before I can even do BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area this they both display a blue screen with the following message PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and then advises me to try Safe mode etc it also shows the followng technical information STOP x x c x x CE x I am able to fully load the machines in Safe mode though I can t do much in this mode I haven t installed any new hardware can t swear that someone hasn t tried to install neww software but think its VERY unlikely I ve tried restarting them in selective startup with all startup programs disabled still get the BSOD Can anyone help me please p s I am at best a dabbler in IT so I ll probably require a fair bit of guidance Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area

My first step would be to check the memory. How many sticks do you have? I would first try taking all sticks out and trying one at a time. Often this error is caused by some type of hardware failure, but start with the memory.

Also log into safe mode and check add/remove to see if any new software has been added. What anti-virus, if any, do you use?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.875774/
Relevancy 94.86%

I have just built my dream custom PC

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Ga-x58a-ud3r MB and 6GB corsair ram
Gtx 460 SLI
SSD (ocz sata 2) (boot) none raid
SSD (crucial sata 3)
Samsung F3 1TB (storage)
850w Corsair PSU.

I have done a clean install of windows with all drivers and seem to get the BSOD at random intervals, I have ran memtest from dos - 3 passes and there was no errors.

Please Please can you help, I am really stressed atm with it

regards

Mike

A:BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area - pls pls help

Quote: Originally Posted by chainsaw

I have just built my dream custom PC

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Ga-x58a-ud3r MB and 6GB corsair ram
Gtx 460 SLI
SSD (ocz sata 2) (boot) none raid
SSD (crucial sata 3)
Samsung F3 1TB (storage)
850w Corsair PSU.

I have done a clean install of windows with all drivers and seem to get the BSOD at random intervals, I have ran memtest from dos - 3 passes and there was no errors.

Please Please can you help, I am really stressed atm with it

regards

Mike

Remove Symantec and replace with Microsoft security essentials.

Remove virtual HD software (daemon tools/Alcohol)

Retest ram for at least 5 passes

let us know if you need help
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117769-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-pls-pls-help.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello, for the past several months now my computer has been getting many BSOD messages along the lines "Page fault in nonpaged area" and a few others who's descriptions escape me at the moment. It has gotten to the point where I can barely get anything done anymore because of the BSODs or the freezes I get.

My computer is running Windows 7 home premium 64bit, its an OEM version, and the computer itself is about a year and a half old (No new hardware was ever added).

Please tell me if any other information is required and I will do my best to supply it.
Any help at all is greatly appreciated, thank you!

A:Page Fault in Nonpaged Area BSOD (Among a few others)

Bump, if that's allowed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241898-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod-among-few-others.html
Relevancy 94.86%

I've been having this issue ever since installing win - months ago and haven't been able to isolate the cause so here I BSOD nonpaged area) (page fault in am The crash usually occurs while gaming WoW GR O etc though it has happened occasionally while simply surfing the web or watching movies I initially had gigs of ram but at some point my system decided that it didn't like one of them BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area) and refuses to boot with it installed so I'm at now I've run every combination of those sticks using just or at a time but it still persists Usually the page fault in nonpaged area is the only message I recieved though once or BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area) twice it did add ks sys to the end of it not sure if that's relevant or not The crashes seem entirely random sometimes I'll go several hours without one and other times they happen - times within min This is really getting frustrating and I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone could provide

A:BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area)

Hi
Can I have some specs such as
windows os : (windows 8 RT, windows 8 RT Pro, windows 8, windows 8 Pro)
Model

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/24843-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello Friends,

I've been having some BSODs both on startup and while running some programs. Most recently I got a Page Fault in Nonpaged Area while using Firefox. While running Diablo 3 last month I got a Memory Management BSOD. On boot last month I got an IRQL Not Less or Equal BSOD. Any help would be appreciated, DM log is attached.

Thanks!

A:Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD

Please uninstall ASUS AI Suite 3, it is known for causing bluescreens.

Invalid memory was referenced, this might be caused by the Windows File System.
Please run below tests, if the hard drive tests comes clean then run the memory test.
If the memory test comes clean, then run driver verifier to find any offending drivers.

Code:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffff9c62ffff9c58, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff803af6c3d83, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, (reserved)

3: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
ffffd000`25e617c8 fffff803`af7f4285 nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`25e617d0 fffff803`af6cb17c nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x11185
ffffd000`25e618c0 fffff803`af7dd9bc nt!MmAccessFault+0x62c
ffffd000`25e61a30 fffff803`af6c3d83 nt!KiPageFault+0x13c
ffffd000`25e61bc8 fffff803`af6c0f22 nt!MiSubsectionUsingExtents+0x3
ffffd000`25e61bd0 fffff803`af6c0a85 nt!MmCheckCachedPageStates+0x3b2
ffffd000`25e61d70 fffff803`afa5d0d7 nt!CcMapAndRead+0xe5
ffffd000`25e61dd0 fffff801`4cf1181c nt!CcMapData+0x97
ffffd000`25e61e40 fffff801`4cf10fc8 NTFS!ReadIndexBuffer+0xdc
ffffd000`25e61ef0 fffff801`4cf109f7 NTFS!FindNextIndexEntry+0x328
ffffd000`25e61fb0 fffff801`4cf0ea5b NTFS!NtfsContinueIndexEnumeration+0xc7
ffffd000`25e62060 fffff801`4cf0dcf3 NTFS!NtfsQueryDirectory+0x60b
ffffd000`25e62450 fffff801`4cf0dc09 NTFS!NtfsCommonDirectoryControl+0xa3
ffffd000`25e62490 fffff801`4c307895 NTFS!NtfsFsdDirectoryControl+0xb9
ffffd000`25e62500 fffff801`4c3052d8 FLTMGR!FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted+0x1a5
ffffd000`25e62590 fffff801`4ca5d4fe FLTMGR!FltPerformSynchronousIo+0x308
ffffd000`25e62640 fffff801`4c306d21 Wof!WofPreDirectoryControlCallback+0x24e
ffffd000`25e62700 fffff801`4c3068cc FLTMGR!FltpPerformPreCallbacks+0x2f1
ffffd000`25e62810 fffff801`4c3059fa FLTMGR!FltpPassThroughInternal+0x8c
ffffd000`25e62840 fffff801`4c3057fe FLTMGR!FltpPassThrough+0x16a
ffffd000`25e628a0 fffff803`afa94af6 FLTMGR!FltpDispatch+0x9e
ffffd000`25e62900 fffff803`afa9496f nt!IopSynchronousServiceTail+0x176
ffffd000`25e629d0 fffff803`af7defa3 nt!NtQueryDirectoryFile+0xcf
ffffd000`25e62a90 00007fff`fd615484 nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000013`e47fe548 00000000`00000000 0x00007fff`fd615484

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

Diagnostic Test

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostic Test

DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning
Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
Please create a restore point.
Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verif... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37483-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 94.86%

My comp recently BSOD Computer Spec Intel C D E GHz OC'ed to Ghz Kingston x GB DDR RAM Asus P Q SE Inno D Gtx Ti Windows Ultimate x any idea why i think its due to my HDD Drive sentinel says The drive tried to examine and reallocate data sector s times Page Area? in BSOD - Fault Nonpaged The examined data area is perfect Problems occurred during the spin up of the disk times This can be caused by the disk itself or huge power load weak power supply There are weak sectors found on the disk surface They may be remapped any time in the later use of BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area? the disk errors occured during data transfer This may indicate problem of the device or with data power cables It is recommended to examine and replace the cables if possible At this point warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible only if the health drops further It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly All new problems found will be logged there Seriously not a power supply issue since it's w true rated Checked the cables too Oh i plugged in an external HDD too Is this related

A:BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area?

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error.... if you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps ... if you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider ..

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:
1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.

2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.

3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware. It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.

4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions. Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.

5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug). At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially. The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s). For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing. For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors". Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc. Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps. Otherwise, if you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes. Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events. Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:
8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine. Reseat all connectors and memory modules. Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope that the culprit is something non-essential which can be removed. Obviously, this type of testing is a lot easier if you've got access to equivale... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222788-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello All
My OS is XP PRO SP3 and when I boot I get the dreaded BSOD Stop: 0x00000050.
I can boot in safe mode without any problems.
I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic but no errors were detected.
I have opened the case to ensure that everything is seated and plugged in firmly.
I have checked BIOS memory options but there is no option to disable caching or shadowing.
A screen shot of the BSOD is attached.
All replies very welcome.

Relevancy 94.86%

Hi All,

I have today found BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area. Laptop working ok in safe mode with networking.

I've attached the dump file as directed.

When I try perfmon /report it states "an error occured while attempting to generate the report."

Spec: Win 7 Home Premium x64, pre installed on laptop by HP. OS never re-installed. System approx 3 years old.

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this:
Click on the Start
Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
When it opens, go to File, Save
Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255765-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi, I have common problems with BSOD. It occurs few times a day. I tried to reinstall windows but that didn't help. The most common message is "page fault in non paged area" and sometimes "the driver is mismanaging PTEs.
I have windows 7 ultimate x64,
AMD Athlon II X2 250 processor,
NVIDIA nForce serial ata,
MSI gf615m - p33,
ATI Radeon hd 5400 series.
I bought this computer 7 months ago and it worked fine till a few days ago.
Can anyone help me?

Files are attached.

Thanks.

A:BSOD - Page fault in nonpaged area

Hi -

6 of the 7 BSODs bugcheck = 0x50 = invalid memory referenced

1 did have bugcheck = 0xda = SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE

Remove Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120 - http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#sptd.sys

Remove COMODO - http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Reboot upon completion. Install MSE - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ity-essentials

Update drivers -

Code:

nvstor.sys Fri Mar 19 16:45:11 2010 (4BA3E257) - NVIDIA storage drivers

atikmpag.sys Wed Aug 25 21:20:56 2010 (4C75C178) - ATI video
AtihdW76.sys Thu Jul 15 08:46:49 2010 (4C3F0339) - ATI HD audio

Rt64win7.sys Wed Jun 23 05:10:45 2010 (4C21CF95) - Realtek PCIe GBE

LV561V64.SYS Thu Oct 11 21:42:44 2007 (470ED114) - Logitech webcam
LVUSBS64.sys Thu Oct 11 21:39:40 2007 (470ED05C) - " "

http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#nvstor.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#atikmpag.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#Rt64win7.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#atikmdag.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#AtihdW76.sys

If BSODs continue, run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\110911-14414-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Wed Nov 9 13:32:25.559 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:04:01.902
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+447c6 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+447c6
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff960`0116cfe5 00000000`00000008 fffff960`0116cfe5 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = V2.6
BiosReleaseDate = 10/21/2010
SystemManufacturer = MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
SystemProductName = MS-7597
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\110911-23790-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Wed Nov 9 10:27:09.577 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:18:57.935
Probably caused by : CLFS.SYS ( CLFS!ClfsDecodeBlock+68 )
PROCESS_NAME: rundll32.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_CLFS!ClfsDecodeBlock+68
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff880`04c48ae4 00000000`00000000 fffff880`00c2fe2c 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = V2.6
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\110911-19063-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Wed Nov 9 09:07:04.658 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:07:16.000
BugCheck DA, {504, fffff6fc40078408, 1, f081}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+b57b )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xDA
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xDA_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+b57b
Bugcheck code 000000DA
Arguments 00000000`00000504 fffff6fc`40078408 00000000`00000001 00000000`0000f081
BiosVersion = V2.6
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\110911-18033-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Wed Nov 9 07:42:09.450 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:48.808
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196367-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello, I bought a new computera last week and it has been throwing BSODs at random times, around 2-3 times a week, with no apparent reason.

The error I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, win32k.sys.

I'm uploading the diagnostics I got from the SD diagnostic tool.

Please, I'm desperate, I don't know how to solve this...

Thanks!

A:BSOD: page fault in nonpaged area

Welcome to SF tcboni .
First step is updating to Service Pack 1:
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows
Let us know how the system holds after the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319808-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello, I'm recieving this BSOD when I try to install antivirus software. I had Kaspresky pure latest version and I uninstalled it, then I tried to install avast BSOD showed up, then I tried Avira, same thing.

I uploaded latest two mini dumps files.

Thanks in advance.

It appears that Avast is the culprit. Download there Uninstall Utility and follow the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1114216/
Relevancy 94.86%

Was playing LOTRO trying to figure out a connection issue when the magic BSOD appeared (attached). So, I read the instructions and have attached the outputs as requested. About the only thing I can say that has been odd is the system will sometimes stutter, mostly barely noticeable but at times it pauses for 1/10th of a second and continues on.

I would appreciate your review of the files and let me know if there's something I can fix or it was just a lark. Thanks.

Windows 7 Professional x64
First installation of sw on hdd. no previous OS
full retail
system is 1 year old (at least the build is, some parts may be a bit older)
OS has never been reinstalled. Just like I never had to reinstall XP...ever...I only reinstall in dire emergencies. But, that's why we have backup drives.

A:BSOD - Page Fault in nonpaged area

Quote: Originally Posted by Lincoln2011

Was playing LOTRO trying to figure out a connection issue when the magic BSOD appeared (attached). So, I read the instructions and have attached the outputs as requested. About the only thing I can say that has been odd is the system will sometimes stutter, mostly barely noticeable but at times it pauses for 1/10th of a second and continues on.

I would appreciate your review of the files and let me know if there's something I can fix or it was just a lark. Thanks.

Windows 7 Professional x64
First installation of sw on hdd. no previous OS
full retail
system is 1 year old (at least the build is, some parts may be a bit older)
OS has never been reinstalled. Just like I never had to reinstall XP...ever...I only reinstall in dire emergencies. But, that's why we have backup drives.

This one Related to Creative OS Services Driver. RE-install with newest.

Also old drivers needing update here

Code:
LVUSBS64.sys 5/10/2007 12:21:07 AM fffff880`06686000 fffff880`06690900 0x0000a900 0x46429db3
SaiH8000.sys 4/4/2008 7:26:34 AM fffff880`04a4c000 fffff880`04a76480 0x0002a480 0x47f6106a
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169878-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi guys
i bought a new configuration:

Gigabyte-770T-D3L motherboard with
AMD Phenom II X2 processor
4 gb DDR3 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card

freshly installed Windows 7 x64 retailed
i updated my drivers motherboard and graphics card i do not use ESET antivirus (just the windows essentials as you recommended)

and sometimes i still got random BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

but i always got a BSOD when i want to install the NetBeans IDE

i attached my dump files

thanks in advance for you time
cdog

A:BSOD [page fault in nonpaged area]

Quote: Originally Posted by cdog

Hi guys
i bought a new configuration:

Gigabyte-770T-D3L motherboard with
AMD Phenom II X2 processor
4 gb DDR3 Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4800 graphics card

freshly installed Windows 7 x64 retailed
i updated my drivers motherboard and graphics card i do not use ESET antivirus (just the windows essentials as you recommended)

and sometimes i still got random BSOD page fault in nonpaged area

but i always got a BSOD when i want to install the NetBeans IDE

i attached my dump files

thanks in advance for you time
cdog

Hi Cdog
One thing I noticed is sptd.sys used in daemon tools/alcohol120. It frequently causes BSOD's

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
[/quote]
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

Let us know if the BSOD's continue.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/127214-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Recently go a new computer (one thats built). Installed drivers, updated windows, everything yet it still seems to get a bluescreen. Only happens in the mornings and all I need to do is shutdown and restart and no more bluescreens for the rest of the day.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
AMD Phemon II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHz
Ram 4gb

A:BSOD (Page Fault in Nonpaged Area)

sorry to bump bt help me please, its still occuring =[

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129331-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

My sister s computer has been having a BSOD with this message Page fault in nonpaged area stop x x She also is getting this event in eventviewer type error source systemerror Category EventID BcCode BCP FFFFFF BCP BCP A D BCP OSVER S P Her specs are HP Pavilion a e CPU area in nonpaged BSOD fault Page AMD Athlon Motherboard ASUS either K S-LA or Salmon-GL E Ram Speed size and sticks sticks of DDR PC GB each GPU Nvidia Geforce GS PSU not sure as I don t have the computer in front of me right now probably Watts We did upgrade her video card and made sure that her power supply that would accomodate the Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD new card OS Windows XP Professional SP The bsod seems to be a little random but it usually occurs when she clicks on certain folders on her desktop We have tried rebooting in safe mode and with startup programs disabled but it stil occurs Her ram is relatively new it was already replaced once She may have run some memory tests on it but I m Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD not sure She doesn t remember making any hardware or software changes around the time the bsod started occuring For some reason her system restore didn t have any restore points saved so system restore is not an option We have already searched for solutions for the page fault in nonpaged area error but none of them have helped Here are some minidumps Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

All errors are the same 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Unfortuantely they only list Windows OS druvers as the probable cause and for the most part OS drivers are not much help for diagnosing the problem, only pointing out that there is a problem.

1. Have you scanned for infections?

2. Since it is an HP I am not sure you can do this but go into your BIOS, find the memory voltage setting and compare it to the voltage the memory was designed for by the RAM's manufacturer. Are there descrepencies?

3. Run Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 ? Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-bsod.146724/
Relevancy 94.86%

hey there been looking around online as to what i can do regarding this bsod its been happening very frequently rarely whenever it happens does it happen immediately a second time but rather after minutes or so of my pc being on ive posted the zip below steps ive done already are cmd chkdsk nothing came up in there virus scan nothing there ive system restored to weeks ago issue remains ive read online fault in area bsod nonpaged page some people are saying update graphics drivers and its a possible fix so im doing that as we speak heres the zip let me bsod page fault in nonpaged area know what you think your help is appreciated edit pc specs are as follows i k not oc'd water cooled x hd radeon running in crossfire asus maximus iv extreme mobo ripjaw ram gb x gb sticks not sure what else i should bsod page fault in nonpaged area add bsod page fault in nonpaged area here but if you need more details feel free to let me know almost finished updating drivers for my graphics cards as well edit gpu software is updated for some reason it did not require me to restart my pc so im going to do that manually and continue as normal until if it happens again will be checking back every minutes or so for a solution

A:bsod page fault in nonpaged area

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88006a1f7d8, fffff88006a1f030, fffff8800137e463}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24)
If you see NtfsExceptionFilter on the stack then the 2nd and 3rd
parameters are the exception record and context record. Do a .cxr
on the 3rd parameter and then kb to obtain a more informative stack
trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000001904fb
Arg2: fffff88006a1f7d8
Arg3: fffff88006a1f030
Arg4: fffff8800137e463

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88006a1f7d8 -- (.exr 0xfffff88006a1f7d8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800137e463 (Ntfs!NtfsOpenFcbById+0x0000000000000333)
ExceptionCode: c000001d (Illegal instruction)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 0

CONTEXT: fffff88006a1f030 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88006a1f030)
rax=fffffa800f862f70 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800dada300
rdx=0000000000000001 rsi=fffffa800f216e40 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800137e463 rsp=fffff88006a1fa10 rbp=fffffa800f862c60
r8=fffff88006a1fa78 r9=0000000000000004 r10=0000000000000004
r11=fffff8a0004bc000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fffff88003361ef0
r14=00000000000001f0 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010286
Ntfs!NtfsOpenFcbById+0x333:
fffff880`0137e463 f0e980e10148 lock jmp fffff880`4939c5e9
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff880012b5b91 to fffff8800137e463

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06a1fa10 fffff880`012b5b91 : fffffa80`0f216e40 fffffa80`0f862c60 00000000`00000000 00020000`0000023d : Ntfs!NtfsOpenFcbById+0x333
fffff880`06a1fb10 fffff880`0121dc0d : fffffa80`0f216e40 fffffa80`0f862c60 fffff880`03361ef0 fffffa80`0d09a600 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonCreate+0x1cdf
fffff880`06a1fcf0 fffff800`036c5d87 : fffff880`0336... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271065-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello,

? OS ? Windows 7 Professional
? 64 bit
? What was original installed OS on system?- Windows 7 Professional
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer): I got it from MSDNAA
? Age of system (hardware)- 4 months
? Age of OS installation ? 4 months
? CPU- AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
? Video Card- 2x XFX ATi Radeon 5770 crossfire enabled
? MotherBoard- ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
? Power Supply - KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000 1000W Modular 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC W/ 3-Way LED Switch and Universal Modular Connector Power Supply

I've had two of them so far. Here are images of them:
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2989/dsc02247z.jpg
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3642/dsc02248e.jpg

TIA

Have you installed any new hardware or video drivers recently? If so, try rolling back the drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-527563.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Only recently when playing World of Warcraft I ve been having random BSOD s all displaying the same Page Fault in Nonpaged Area I ve updated my Page in Fault BSOD Area Nonpaged - graphics card driver and am not sure what else to do S ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DAVID-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode DxDiag Previously Crashed in system information stage Re-running DxDiag with quot dontskip quot command line parameter or choosing not to BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information ------------ DxDiag Notes BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x D DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV D amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SAMSUNG Monitor Id SAM FB Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HDMI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll atiumdag dll atidxx dll atiumdva cap Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - B - CF- - E BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x D SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTx ati mtag Evergreen ci ven amp dev d Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY De... Read more

A:BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

BUMP - Another BSOD - 'Memory Management'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1017485/
Relevancy 94.86%

Yes I have Area Nonpaged Fault BSOD-Page in fallen victim to the infamous alias doesn t really tell you anything code stop error To set up my current state of frustration here s my story A few weeks ago my rig began randomly blue screening and hanging no real rhyme or reason just bam blue screen or hang I began the usual diagnostics restored to previous states ensured current drivers etc ultimately to discover one of my RAM sticks as bad Memtest I replaced both sticks with a different set formatted re-installed the OS long story got the system back to operation Up until today all was good my rig was seemingly running as strong as when I built it Then bam BSOD code with the ambiguous error statement other than codes that I have not been able BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area to find definitive explanation for At this point however I have noticed that the first and subsequent BSs I have gotten are only during video or D applications pretty easy at this point to suspect one of the video cards But before I spend yet another week tearing into my box after I spent what little spare time I ve had in the last two weeks putting it back together I thought I d ask if there is anyone who can clarify the error codes for me or point me in the direction of clarifying them myself googling turned up zip The code STOP x xBAC F x xBAC F x My rig relevent specs Mobo XFX i nVidia chipset most current BIOS CPU BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area E stock voltage and clock GHz RAM Gig - gig dual channel kit OCZ Reaper DDR PSU Corsair TX amp single v rail GPU XFX GTs in SLI drivers OS Windows Xp Pro bit SP all current updates Onboard audio used current drivers - DVD RW drives SATA HDDs totaling Gig all nicely fitting in a well circulating Cooler Master Centurion My guess at the code would be since there are two BAC errors with one followed by an IRQ error that maybe one card is bad Takin a wild shot there but like I said my searches up to this point have been fruitless Any help would be much appreciated TBolt Edit Forgot to mention that following a BS I reboot into Windows normally fine and can BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area stay there for relatively long periods of time so long as I don t do anything too demanding or requiring heavy use of video d sniff video card or driver sniff I ll attach a dump file or two once I figure out how Edit Ah ha here we go attachments nbsp

A:BSOD-Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Minidumps are most commonly placed in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

You can upload your dumps, as is, with your posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.110557/
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi guys,

I really need some help here! I left my computer running overnight and after some Windows Update it has been giving me BSOD on startup, it doesn't even get to the login page, just BSODs. On Safe Mode it works fine but It wouldn?t start with a clean boot or diagnostics boot, just BSODs like in a normal boot. I have tried restoring to a previous date with no success (it gave me an error but after I loged into Safe Mode it told me it did restore, updates are no longer installed but i'm still getting BSOD). All of the files from the diagnostics tool are attached.

Thank you!!!

A:Help with BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area)

TDSSKILLER

download link TDSSKiller

Save to the Desktop

Right-click the program and select

When the TDSSKiller console opens, click on: Change Parameters
Under Additional Options, place a check in the box next to: Detect TDLFS File System

Click: OK

Press: Start Scan

If a suspicious object is detected, the default action is Skip, leave it as is, and click on: Continue
If malicious objects are found, they show in the Scan results.
Ensure Cure (the default) is selected, then click: Continue > Reboot now, to finish the cleaning process.
(Note: If Cure is not available, select Skip, >>Do not select: Delete<<)

When done, the tool outputs its log to the disk with the Windows Operating System, normally C:\

Logs have a name like:
C:\TDSSKiller.X.X.X_12.04.2013_15.31.43_log.txt

Please post the TDSSKiller log in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301210-help-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Acer Aspire Manufacturer Name AcerWindows Vista Home Premium Bit Page Fault Area Nonpaged BSOD: In Cpu Type Intel R Core TM Cpu T CPU SPeed Hz HDD Model Name WDCWD BEVS- RST-PM ATAPI Model NumberioneerDVD-RWDVR-K- SM BIOS Version V VGA BIOS Version Intel V I have included a pic hoping somebody could tell me what to do I can t log into any of the advanced options in F No Safe Mode or Command Prompt and it won t let me load the recovery when pressing ALT F It just always brings me back to the blue screen with the stop error and when I tried BSOD: Page Fault In Nonpaged Area booting my recovery disc it won t load and keeps going to the blue screen I did have it first to boot to the cd-rom when restarted In my bios BSOD: Page Fault In Nonpaged Area it says in my advanced options that my Infrared Port is Disabled and I can t Enable it cause it needs to be done by a system supervisor Any suggestions would be greatly thanked nbsp

A:BSOD: Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

Since you tried booting recovery cd from cdrom and still you get BOD then its likely to the issue with the hardware. Try changing the ram, if you have two ram then try switching the ram or try using only one ram. Mostly in this case, Ram is culprit or mobo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1006076/
Relevancy 94.86%

This is starting to happen more and more recently usually preceded by applications crashing (Google Chrome or Football Manager), but on occasion just out of nowhere.

I ordered this computer new about a month ago from Overclockers UK with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit preloaded, and have not had to do any system restores or re-installations.

Thanks for your help.

A:BSOD Page Fault in NonPaged Area

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveBenbow44

This is starting to happen more and more recently usually preceded by applications crashing (Google Chrome or Football Manager), but on occasion just out of nowhere.

I ordered this computer new about a month ago from Overclockers UK with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit preloaded, and have not had to do any system restores or re-installations.

Thanks for your help.

Memory corruption caused by an as yet un-named driver (probably your Sftredirlh.sys)
I would run memtest and driver verifier

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.
Beyond that, please run Verifier with these settings:

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\050611-17191-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161578-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Just done a clean install of windows to solve an issue I had with graphics drivers crashing then recovering this doesnt seem to have helped as screen has frozen and NOT recovered twice now and just had this BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area. Wasnt fast enough to catch codes on screen but SF diagnostic files attached to post. This fault doesnt seem to happen when vid card or system is under load normally when just browsing. Thnx in advance for any help!!!.If you need any more info just let me know!

System Optimisers

Please remove the following software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012 Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012 Public
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012\All functions Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012\All functions Public
This software is a known cause of BSOD's. The windows 7 operating system does not require these registry cleaning software. They often tune-down rather than tune-up and can wreck the OS beyond repair. Microsoft have improved Windows 7 significantly and it is much better at organising and optimising itself than its predecessors. Check this, this and this thread for evidence.

If you feel the need to use a registry cleaning or optimisation software, most of us recommend the use of CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download but make sure you back up the registry before making letting ccleaner delete anything.10 Tips on How to Properly Maintain Your Computer

Security App

Crashes indicate AVG and Zone Alarm being a possible cause. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software. Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are recommended from a strict BSOD perspective. They do not cause blue screens on the system as other AV products do.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
Do not start the free trial of MalwareBytes, unselect that option when prompted.

Update and make full scans with both separately.

Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
6. Install all updates including Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 - Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: ffffba8010c053f8, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff8000309b1da, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000007, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032bd0e0
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032bd198
ffffba8010c053f8 Nonpaged pool

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExAcquireFastMutex+1a
fffff800`0309b1da f00fba3100 lock btr dword ptr [rcx],0

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 7

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: TuneUpSystemSt

CURRENT_IRQL: 1

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800a2952c0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800a2952c0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=00000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292896-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi and Hello Everyone!

My system (Laptop) is giving BSOD and I dont know whats the problem.
sometimes it says it Page fault in nopaged area and other times it says Kernel something??

The only thing I find out is when I change the pagefile size 2 to 3 times and then reboot the system it fixes it (means BSOD doesn't comes again untill the computer is shutdown and restared again another day).

? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? Windows 7 (from the start)
? Purchased Version, didn't come pre installed.
? Age of system (hardware) - About 6 or 7 months.
? Age of OS installation - same about 6 or 7 months.

? CPU - Intel core i5 2450M Cpu @2.50GHz
? Video Card - Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
? MotherBoard - no idea
? Power Supply - brand & wattage No idea

? System Manufacturer - Dell
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) Inspiron N 5110

I have attached the files needed.
Will Be waiting for your Kind reply.

Happy Holidays!

Quote:

? Purchased Version, didn't come pre installed.

If it is a purchased version of Windows 7, then why do you have a Dell SLIC Windows 7 key on the system?

I suspect your installation is counterfeit based on the information given. That coupled with no updates being installed makes me further suspicious. People often avoid updating Windows when they are trying to avoid having it phone home and let Microsoft know it is not a legal installation.

I am afraid your installation is not genuine. Non-Genuine Windows contains security leaks and also cannot be properly updated which may result in instabilities and blue screen crashes. If you were not aware that your Windows was Non-Genuine, contact your seller or the company that provided the seller and file a complaint. Also let Microsoft know of the problem: Protect Yourself from Piracy

I am sorry, but due to forum rules, we may not assist you further until you have installed a genuine version of Windows. To put the genuine Windows on, I strongly suggest you backup any important data, format your hard disk, and reinstall Windows 7 to make sure all remnants are removed of the software that you used to make Windows work before. If you do not clean re-install, you may be left with a compromised system and your identity, bank accounts, credit card information, etc. may continue to be at risk as they are now. Once you install a genuine version:Please download and run the MGADiag tool. When it finishes, hit the copy button, and paste in your next post with [code]<MGADiag info>[/code] surrounding the MGADiag info.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-680813.html
Relevancy 94.86%

I got a BSOD shortly after booting up my pc today. "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA". Ran the DM Log Collector. Zip is attached. Any help working out the problem will be greatly appreciated!

A:BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Go to Support | Dell US and search for any update for the Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet. If available, apply it.

Let us know the result.

Some other issues also may be there, so further troubleshooting might be needed.

Code:
Image name: k57nd60a.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jul 26 13:31:03 2013 (51F22CBF)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363175-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

So today i was just watching a Bsod fault page nonpaged area in movie and then i clicked a rar file but before that file could open i get the bsod at first i thought it was nothing but now i can't boot up to the login After the loading screen the XP logo screen it gives me the bsod it says page fault in nonpaged area STOP x xec b d x x a f c x no other info regarding what file caused it and what not my system specs are ghz core duo windows xp pro sp gb hdd GTS nvidia i cant even boot up in safemode i tried every boot even vga mode i tested my ram with memtest or w e then did chckdsk r and such i didnt install any new hardware or software i just clicked a rar file and boom bsod i dont kno wht to do i dont want to reformat i have a lot of important saved documents that i do not want to lose any ideas

A:Bsod page fault in nonpaged area

okay i was able to boot up with the UBCD for windowsa n i just ran the 3.5 version and it booted up to like a safemode like option, pre install josh w/e but i was able to go to the even manager and it is Event ID: 877 application pop up error? sound like what happened when i tried to open that .rar file

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-446338.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello I replaced my old HDD for an SSD After turning on AHCI-mode in the BIOS and formatting the new SSD I installed Windows Ultimate x SP Now that Windows installation is complete I installed all the drivers for my hardware Since then after starting Windows a BSOD appears with the error area BSOD fault nonpaged in Page quot Page fault in nonpaged area quot It happens between seconds to a few minutes after Windows has loaded I ran Memtest for a few hours passes but it found no errors Because of this I assume that the BSOD has nothing to do with the RAM There seems to be no problems in Windows safe mode so I BSOD Page fault in nonpaged area launched BlueScreenView in safe mode to get more information about BSOD Page fault in nonpaged area the BSOD's The dump files contain the following Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff a cde Parameter Parameter fffff d f f Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe a My system specs Motherboard Asrock H M-GE SSD Samsung EVO Gb Graphic Card Sapphire Radeon HD -- gt in Windows Device Manager this is listed as quot AMD Radeon R Series quot I attached BSOD Page fault in nonpaged area the ZIP-file created by DM Log Collector Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:BSOD Page fault in nonpaged area

Hello, johnq55. It seems that much of your problems are due to an illegal Operating System. The Operating System you have installed was Blacklisted before Windows 7 was released. It can only be activated by a hackers exploit which alters protected system files.

Counterfeit installations such as yours contain heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analyzing BSOD's and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable. For this reason, many analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine Windows 7. This will minimize the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSOD's far more reliable. Once you are running a Genuine Windows 7 installation, and are still experiencing BSOD's, we will be happy to help you solve them

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374530-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Good day,

when I start my computer, I see a blue screen of death with the following error: page fault in nonpaged area. Starting in safe mode gives the same blue screen. At the bottom of the screen the following line is displayed:

0x00000050 (0x80fff000,0x00000000,0xf86e9036,0x00000000)

It is a Dell computer with a 2.8 Ghz processer and 512 MB internal memory. The computer is original, I mean not overclocked. Could you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Anne

A:Bsod, page fault in nonpaged area

Anne, the mods will most likely move this to the BSOD sub-forum in the Windows OS board.

Your error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

As you can read the cause could be due to many things but right now we don't have enough information to even make an educated guess except for that due to you receiving this message even in safe mode idicates it might be a driver issue..

Please give us your hardware specs and the internet security you are running. Also, have you downloaded anything recently or have you made any changes to your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.135925/
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello,

I've started getting BSODs with page_fault_in_nonpaged_area errors. I've also noticed that a lot of my webpages on chrome have been crashing lately.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums Syssana,

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff68100002088, 0, fffff800030ec2d2, 5}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUpdateWsle+122 )

Code:
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS
This bugcheck indicates device drivers have been referencing invalid memory addresses and performing read operations. We can see that a region of virtual memory which was marked non-pageable was referenced and a illegal page fault occurred.

You seem to have only 163 Windows Updates installed, I have around 205 Windows Updates installed, please check for any potential Windows Updates which will improve the security and stability of your system.Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below : Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Daemon Tools uses a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove this program, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`07285000 fffff880`07d44000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 09 04:04:49 2012 (4F598161)
CheckSum: 00A60CBF
ImageSize: 00ABF000
Your AMD graphics card driver seems to be outdated, and a possible cause, please update to the latest WHQL version.

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294644-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

I have been getting the page fault in nonpaged area bsod every time i try to launch any game through uplay and most recently the ro2 beta all other games function normally. I have tried everything I can think of uninstall/re-install, updating drivers, resetting the page file, running mem86, chkdsk, used seatools to check the drives. All hardware seems to be good.
Attached are the dmp files from when the bsod started happening.
Any help with this will be much appreciated.
dragonscape2.zip

Welcome
All of your reports were consistent, which is usually a good sign. In your situation each report indicates that it could not identify the problem driver. Both the consistency and the indications on the report point toward a driver.
Lets see if we can find the cause. Thse instructions are equally applicable to Vista. Run the verifier for 36 hours.
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/300141-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

of the desktops in my household have suddenly started to continually reboot without fully loading They are both WinXP machines and have AVG loaded as their antivirus software After prompting me to log in as a user fault nonpaged in area BSOD:Page and before I can even do this they both display a blue screen with the following message PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA If this is the first time you have BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area seen this stop BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select safe mode Technical information STOP x x c x x CE x I am able to fully load the machines in Safe mode though I can t do much in this mode I haven t installed any new hardware can t swear that someone hasn t tried to install neww software but think its VERY unlikely I ve tried restarting them in selective startup with all startup programs disabled still get the BSOD Can anyone help me please p s I am at best a dabbler in IT so I ll probably require a fair bit of guidance

A:BSOD:Page fault in nonpaged area

Hi .Official line on error...see 50, left column at http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm.Have you/can you try XP's System Restore function?Take msconfig out of selective startup.Boot into safe mode...search Windows partition for any .dmp files that may exist. Ensure that all file extensions and system/hidden files are viewable before doing search.If any are found, try to follow the procedures at Help Diagnosing BSODs And Crashes (BC) - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/ .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270287/bsodpage-fault-in-nonpaged-area/
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello everybody,
I know a thing of two of computers but I'm not familliar with windows 8.1

This is a brand new laptop (MSI GT72), yet I have got 4 BSOD's page fault in nonpaged area (on a cold start only!!!)..

All caused by adress ntoskrnl.exe+1509a0.

I would like some tips how to resolve this.

You can find the dumps in the attachments!
Many thanks in advance!

Nobody has any clue? I still have this problem..

It's weird cause it only happens when cold booting, makes me think one of the drivers isn't working properly, but I don't know which one or if I'm right..

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57978-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi, a BSOD shows up frequently after anything from 5 mins - 1 hour of usage.
It says Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area

STOP: 0x000008E (0x C0000005, 0 x 804FE25F, 0 x f742f39C, 0 x 0000000 )

Any idea what could be causing the problem?
Do i post the mini dump here?

A:Bsod - Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

I would suggest you download Memtest86 and see if it finds any problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92370/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area/
Relevancy 94.86%

i am running windows Xp Sp3 and i keep getting this blue screen error twice or thrice a week i ran a scan through my antivirus but no virus was found what do i do. I also cleaned my registry

Relevancy 94.86%

Hello!

I've ran into some trouble with my laptop. Every 30 min or so, I get a BSOD with the error Page Fault in Nonpaged Area. This began happening on friday, I had no problems in the weekend, but now it started again. So far it has just happened when I've been at my university and not at home if thats any help. Any help with this issue would be very appreciated!

x64
Originally Windows 7
I think the OS came pre-installed
Age of system is between 2.5 to 3 years
I reinstalled windows 7 last November, and upgraded to windows 10 this January

CPU: Intel Core i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80Hz
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

DELL
PRECISION M4700
Laptop
Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606732/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area/
Relevancy 94.86%

hi

Getting page fault in nonpaged area bsod every morning, this is on a new build. If I reformat or move my ram to different slots everything is fine, play games browse etc, turn the pc on the next morning 12 hours later, laggy windows, chrome crashes repeatedly then get the bsod.

Was getting the same bsod when installing 7.

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file. We have to check for something there before saying something suggestive to you.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284921-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

been getting BSOD's about once a week, here's my specs. minidump files are attached in a zip... can anyone help me?

Specs:
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Intel i5 760
Gigabyte p55-usb3
8GB Kingston DDR3
Geforce GTX 460

Hi and welcome.
Mindump check.
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe x 4
A generic error - not telling us much.

Some reasons for blue screens
New hardware - software installed.
Device driver - Video driver - corrupted - faulty.
Faulty Ram - overheating - dying hard drive etc.

Run a Memory test.
http://www.memtest.org/
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Best to run a full scan - on individual Ram sticks.
Download and burn the ISO to CD
Boot from that CD and run the memory test overnight or at least for a few hours.
Allow it to run for at least 8 passes.

Check Device Manager
Click on the Start button.
In the search box type
devmgmt.msc

Hit Enter.
Check for any yellow, red exclamation marks.
A driver may need updating.

Overheating.
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1042038/
Relevancy 94.86%

For the past two weeks I have been getting page fault in nonpaged area errors randomly, I have not installed any new hardware, and I did a ram check and everything was ok. I read the 18 page thread on this but I don't know enough about computers to do things like the pstat thing to diagnose it myself.

The error it gave last time it crashed was stop 0x00000050 (0xE43BB000, 0X00000000, 0X804E7410, 0X00000001).

Here are some minidumps I attached as txt files, since I didn't know what to use to look at them and if I did I wouldn't know how to interpret it probably.

A:page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

Got pstat working, but whenever I try to attach pstat.txt, it hangs while uploading and then get the page not found thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-bsod.39595/
Relevancy 94.86%

Hi All,

First post here so hope I have done all correctly! Had hoped to catch up on my workload today but windows decided otherwise!

Have had multiple BSOD. Mainly Page Fault in Nonpaged Area but also others such as Apc Index Mistmatch. I am getting BSOD on every boot. I literally cannot use the laptop at all (except for in safe mode).

I have attached a zip containing dump files which have been manually collected (I cannot use the pc to download the bsod collector). Attachment 157173

I have tested the ram with mdsched.exe and found no errors.

When I try perfmon /report it states "an error occured while attempting to generate the report."

Spec: Win 7 Home Premium x64, pre installed on laptop by HP. OS never re-installed. System 18 months old.

Your Kaspersky product is the cause, remove it completely and download the latest version
Product Updates

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffffff, 0, fffff800035647f3, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys

Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+332fa )
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffffffffff, memory referenced.
Arg3: fffff800035647f3, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034c50e0
ffffffffffffffff

FAULTING_IP:
nt!CmpConstructName+24
fffff800`035647f3 443830 cmp byte ptr [rax],r14b

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

PROCESS_NAME: SearchIndexer.

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800c224f50 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800c224f50)
rax=ffffffffffffffff rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff8a00008dde8
rdx=0000000000000011 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800035647f3 rsp=fffff8800c2250e0 rbp=000000000000001d
r8=fffffa8008680010 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff8000354f230
r11=fffff80003410fb0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
nt!CmpConstructName+0x24:
fffff800`035647f3 443830 cmp byte ptr [rax],r14b ds:ffffffff`ffffffff=??
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000330e024 to fffff8000328d700

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0c224de8 fffff800`0330e024 : 00000000`00000050 ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0c224f50 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0c224df0 fffff800`0328b7ee : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`02559b98 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x427f7
fffff880`0c224f50 fffff800`035647f3 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`04540290 fffff800`0357edf7 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`0c2250e0 fffff800`0354f2e5 : 00000000`00009038 fffffa80`03c1c000 fffff800`03410f80 fffff800`03256202 : nt!CmpConstructName+0x24
fffff880`0c225130 fffff800`03572044 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`04cbe000 00000000`00000000 : nt!CmpQueryKeyName+0xb5
fffff880`0c225190 fffff800`035730ea : fffff8a0`04540290 fffff8a0`04cbe000 00000000`00001000 fffff880`0c225320 : nt!ObpQueryNameString+0xb0
fffff880`0c225290 fffff880`0236e2fa : fffff8a0`02ad4100 00000000`c0000004 fffff8a0`02ad4100 fffff880`01ad421f : nt!ObQueryNameString+0xe
fffff880`0c2252d0 fffff8a0`02ad4100 : 00000000`c0000004 fffff8a0`02ad4100 fffff880`01ad421f 00000000`c0000004 : klif+0x332fa
fffff880`0c2252d8 00000000`c0000004 : fffff8a0`02ad4100 fffff880`01ad421f 00000000`c0000004 fffff8a0`04cbe000 : 0xfffff8a0`02ad4100
fffff880`0c2252e0 fffff8a0`02ad4100 : fffff880`01ad421f 00000000`c0000004 fffff8a0`04cbe000 00000000`00000001 : 0xc0000004
fffff880`0c2252e8 fffff880`01ad421f : 00000000`... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166153-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello

I've posted here before about getting BSOD's nearly every month but couldn't get to what was causing them. I thought they had stopped because i hadn't any for awhile but after about 15mins of computer been on this morning, i got this BSOD as shown in topic title.

I've uploaded the minidump for you guys take alook.

A:Page fault in nonpaged area Win 7 BSOD

Start by removing Avast: http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Replace it with MSE: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials

Install these Realtek drivers: Realtek

Update your NETGEAR WG111v2 drivers as well. Check on your computer manufacturer's site first.

If you get more BSODs, please enable driver verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

After you have gotten a few BSODs, follow our BSOD sticky: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

...Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sat Sep 4 03:09:47.596 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:30.642
BugCheck 50, {fffff7ff9d008e88, 0, fffff80002e8c6fc, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109016-page-fault-nonpaged-area-win-7-bsod.html
Relevancy 94.86%

Hello I need some help pc is getting BSOD going into windows normally or even safe mode I switched the memory sticks used only one at a time also replaced mem sticks with another mem that I have here same size and type still no go I also unplugged both dvd-rom and cd-rom drives and floppy drive and modem and rebooted but still get BSOD i then tried to do a recovery using the wind xp cd but get thru the process and select in the nonpaged area in Page BSOD fault recovery process BSOD Page fault in nonpaged area and after hitting enter i get the BSOD again I decided to format and re-install but no go again still get BSOD sorry I should say it is getting page fault in nonpaged area stop x I was thinking of pulling hd and formatting it through another pc but I am wondering if this will work or not what if this is a motherboard problem ugh ready to pull my hair I would appreciate any help I am working on a friend's pc so i will give as much as i know pc is a dimension mb ram need anything i will try to find it thx cjpatts

A:BSOD Page fault in nonpaged area

cjpatts,

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue!

I am correct in saying you REINSTALLED the operating system on this computer?

If not, what was the last thing that happened just before you received this error message?

Most of the time this error message is related an application issue or an update of the OS or an application.

If this is the case, and the OS has not been reinstalled, try running the last known good option. It will often times take care of the issue.

As the computer is starting, the screen will go blank with the cursor in the top left corner. Press the F8 key 2 or 3 times to get to the menu with last known good on it. Select it and see what happens.

If you did reinstall the OS, then it is a hardware error. But it is unusual to have 0x00000050 Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area on a hardware error. You may have an issue with the hard drive.

If you suspect the hard drive, you can purchase a VERY inexpensive drive and install the OS to that. Then take the original drive and see if you can slave it into the system so you can get the files off of it.

Let me know how you make out and I will see what else I can offer if needed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-415506.html
Relevancy 93.62%

I was making notes on OneNote earlier and my computer suddenly blue screened as shown in the attached picture. I have also attached the log as required for one of these posts. I hope someone is able to help me, I need my surface pro 3 for school . I really would appreciate any input .

A:BSOD: page fault in nonpaged area (win32k.sys)

Run SFC: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run Driver Verifier: Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Sysnative Forums
If DV finds a faulty driver, your system will crash. Please upload a new minidump when that happens.

Code:
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 13:40:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys

tap0901.sys Thu Aug 22 14:40:01 2013 (521606A1)
TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 or[br]OpenVPN driver or COMODO
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tap0901.sys

iaLPSS_GPIO.sys Tue Sep 24 16:39:05 2013 (5241A409)
Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaLPSS_GPIO.sys

iaLPSS_I2C.sys Tue Sep 24 16:39:11 2013 (5241A40F)
Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaLPSS_I2C.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Wed Nov 27 18:56:32 2013 (52963250)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

dc3d.sys Thu Dec 12 14:16:35 2013 (52A9B733)
Filter Driver for Identification of Microsoft Hardware Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Device Models - Microsoft IntelliType Pro / IntelliPoint
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dc3d.sys

RTKVHD64.sys Wed Mar 12 16:14:24 2014 (532079D0)
Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys

SurfaceDisplayCalibration.sys Fri May 2 21:16:48 2014 (5363EF20)

SurfaceDisplayCalibration.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

SurfaceAccessoryDevice.sys Fri May 23 06:54:43 2014 (537ED493)

SurfaceAccessoryDevice.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

TrueColor.sys Tue Jun 17 07:57:42 2014 (539FD8D6)

TrueColor.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

SurfacePciController.sys Sat Sep 27 12:32:23 2014 (54269237)

SurfacePciController.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

iwdbus.sys Sat Oct 4 02:31:12 2014 (542F3FD0)
Intel WIDI Bus Enumerator driver[br]Related to Intel Widi - Wireless Display
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys

SurfacePenDriver.sys Sat Oct 25 02:02:02 2014 (544AE87A)

SurfacePenDriver.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

igdkmd64.sys Wed Nov 19 04:51:21 2014 (546C13B9)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

SurfaceCapacitiveHomeButton.sys Tue Nov 25 20:47:32 2014 (5474DCD4)

SurfaceCapacitiveHomeButton.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

SurfaceIntegrationDriver.sys Tue Dec 2 06:03:51 2014 (547D4837)

SurfaceIntegrationDriver.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

wificlass.sys Sat Dec 13 01:51:36 2014 (548B8D98)

wificlass.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

mrvlpcie8897.sys Tue Dec 23 00:20:52 2014 (5498A754)
Marvell LE Driver for the WiFiCLass Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mrvlpcie8897.sys

Debug session time: Sun Feb 22 12:24:30.489 ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61996-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-win32k-sys.html
Relevancy 93.62%

I've seen some other posts on this error but I'm having trouble following solutions since I can't install recommended software from safe mode Every time I turn on the laptop and let it boot normally it gives me the Page Fault in Nonpaged Area error It then restarts and I can try to let it repair itself or start normally Having it repair itself brings up a very long loading screen that ends up saying it can't repair itself I can start up in safe mode and tried chkdsk f already This is my dad's laptop and some things he mentioned were Nvidia wanting to install a driver update then telling him it was already up to date as well as a problem with the Shockwave Player on Chrome which some other users have mentioned when they receive this error I think if there was any active in BSOD (0x00000050) Nonpaged Area Page Fault antivirus software it would have been Symantec I asked him to download Avast when the computer was still starting up normally and he said the full scan returned one problem it took care of I tried using the DM Log Collector in safe mode but it keeps telling me quot Please Right-click on this BAT file and then click 'Run as Administrator' quot I right click the exe and run as administrator but that doesn't help I think I found two DMP files in the Windows minidump folder that can be found here https onedrive live com redir resi c zip

A:BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area (0x00000050)

Hi Ryan, welcome to 7 Forums.

Looking at your log you have an issue with your video drivers:

Code:

BugCheck 116, {8602d510, 92a11eb0, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+4eb0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: 8602d510, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: 92a11eb0, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 00000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 00000002, Optional internal context dependent data.
It is very old and needs updating.

Code:
0: kd> ;lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
92a0d000 930d6140 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Sat May 12 07:39:48 2007 (46456134)
CheckSum: 006CC140
ImageSize: 006C9140
1: Uninstall your graphics drivers by opening Device Manager > Right Click Display Adapter > Properties > Driver > Uninstall Driver. Reboot and let Windows install the relevant driver.

2: Also there are plenty of references to your DXDiag and a utility called Intel Watchdog which again all have very old driver versions installed, both of these are managed by Windows Updates so after udating your video driver please open Control Panel > Windows Update > Check for Updates. Run all rounds of updates including reboots until no more are offered.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm dxgkrnl
start end module name
930d7000 9318e000 dxgkrnl (pdb symbols) c:\symbols\dxgkrnl.pdb\007C585343284401AAC26A971842D6CF2\dxgkrnl.pdb
Loaded symbol image file: dxgkrnl.sys
Mapped memory image file: c:\symbols\dxgkrnl.sys\4CE78FFEb7000\dxgkrnl.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
Image name: dxgkrnl.sys
Timestamp: Sat Nov 20 09:08:14 2010 (4CE78FFE)
CheckSum: 000B6A1D
ImageSize: 000B7000
File version: 6.1.7601.17514
Product version: 6.1.7601.17514
File flags: 0 (Mask 3F)
File OS: 40004 NT Win32
File type: 3.7 Driver
File date: 00000000.00000000
Translations: 0409.04b0
CompanyName: Microsoft Corporation
ProductName: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
InternalName: dxgkrnl.sys
OriginalFilename: dxgkrnl.sys
ProductVersion: 6.1.7601.17514
FileVersion: 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
FileDescription: DirectX Graphics Kernel
LegalCopyright: ? Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm watchdog
start end module name
8b9ed000 8b9fa000 watchdog (pdb symbols) c:\symbols\watchdog.pdb\CA2D43F7AED441049CCFE8045EC25B901\watchdog.pdb
Loaded symbol image file: watchdog.sys
Mapped memory image file: c:\symbols\watchdog.sys\4A5BC21Ad000\watchdog.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\watchdog.sys
Image name: watchdog.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jul 14 00:24:10 2009 (4A5BC21A)
CheckSum: 0000EAAE
ImageSize: 0000D000
File vers... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334024-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 93.62%

I have been getting the infamous BSOD when restarting my laptop with the error message of "page fault in nonpaged area". I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with an intel i3 2.40ghz processor, 6gb of ram and a 500gb hard drive.

It mostly happens when doing a system restart but occasionally happens
when booting up after the system has been shut down, I have uploaded the zip file that I got from running the SF Debug tool.

Any help is appreciated.

A:BSOD page fault in nonpaged area on restart

Hi Tasdisr & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
3: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
ffffd001`bfee9378 fffff800`fab8fa7f nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd001`bfee9380 fffff800`faa5f869 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1c8cf
ffffd001`bfee9420 fffff800`fab6cf2f nt!MmAccessFault+0x7a9
ffffd001`bfee9560 fffff800`fab5217b nt!KiPageFault+0x12f
ffffd001`bfee96f8 fffff801`06a93a3f nt!_ascii_stricmp+0x17
ffffd001`bfee9700 00000000`00000000 epinject64+0x5a3f

This is present in every dump file of yours and is causing the problem. Furthermore this driver is very old and most likely not compatible with Windows 8.1 -

Code:
3: kd> lmvm epinject64
start end module name
fffff801`06a8e000 fffff801`06a9a080 epinject64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: epinject64.sys
Image path: \??\C:\PROGRA~2\EUROPA~1\ONLINE~1\epinject64.sys
Image name: epinject64.sys
Timestamp: Sun Mar 27 20:21:03 2011 (4D8F4ED7)
CheckSum: 000174F8
ImageSize: 0000C080

According to the above information, the driver is located in the Program Files in I think the Europa Game or is a part of the AOL Datamask. I would suggest you renaming this driver file by doing a manual system wide search. If the problem is not solved, uninstall the program having it.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54349-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-restart.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Multiple BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area, Bugcode_USB_Driver, System_Service_Exception

Hey, I'm at the end of my rope here, hopefully someone here can help.

My system has been bluescreening randomly for the past couple of weeks. I'll get one of any of the above BSODs, at random. Happens when I'm browsing the web, happens when I'm moving files around on my machine, happens when I'm just sitting there.

I've updated all the drivers I can think of, unplugged & uninstalled the vast majority of "unused" USB devices I had on here (I think, anyway)... but it's still happening..

Files are attached.

A:Multiple BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area...

Nothing paints a really clear picture here, but you have app faults all over the place in your logs combined with fairly random crashes. Your drivers seem largely up to date.
If you are overclocked at all may want to pull the clock for the time being.
outside of that.
I would scan the memory overnight.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
I say overnight, but if it starts just spitting out errors right away there's no need to really keep going.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296054-multiple-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

For about the last three months I have been getting this error and BSOD messages. The computer reboots automatically and may run fine for several hours or even several days. On two occasions it occurred on startup. The problem occurs at the most in-opportune times when I'm working on something.

I am attaching the files as requested:
Attachment 53568

A:Random BSOD - Page Fault in NonPaged area

BUMP -- Please help

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56782-random-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Hello I am recieving this BSOD at seemingly random times I havn t figured out the steps to reproduce the problem but it is occuring anywhere between min or hours of active PC usage for the past week or so It even happens when I am afk The crash Solved: area nonpaged in fault page BSOD does not seem to happen in safe mode although I have not ran in safe mode for longer than a couple hours I Solved: BSOD page fault in nonpaged area have taken the following steps already to Solved: BSOD page fault in nonpaged area try and find the problem Reseated RAM graphics card and wireless card Ran memtest with Solved: BSOD page fault in nonpaged area no errors Ran quot dskchk f r quot on the windows drive with no errors Used quot verifier quot which crashed on dtsoftbus sys so I uninstalled Daemon tools Then I recieved another BSOD at a random time during normal use due to a quot driver attempting to corrupt the system quot with stop code x C I do not recieve this BSOD with verifier disabled Scanned with Malwarebytes which returned nothing EDIT BSOD still occurs with page file size set to zero OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Z -V GEN Antivirus None I would upload the minidump file but I cannot attach it to this post and am not sure what alternative this community prefers Are there any other steps I can take to try and find the problem before going down the fresh install route Thank you for reading nbsp

Relevancy 93.62%

I happened Windows Fault Page in Area Nonpaged 7 - BSOD - to stumble upon this forum and few threads here on BSOD help after a brief Google search I believe some of you may be able to help BSOD - Windows 7 - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area me out The BSOD reads 'Page Fault in Nonpaged Area' The PC configuration is as follows CPU - Intel i k Motherboard - Asus P P Pro RAM - G Skill x GB DDR BSOD - Windows 7 - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area MHz GPU - AMD Radeon HD GB with official Catalyst drivers Primary storage device - mushkin Callisto GB SSD Secondary storage device - Few TB hard drives Power supply - Seasonic M D W power supply OS - Windows Ultimate bit Ever since I moved to the new AMD Catalyst drivers since a couple of days the system started throwing BSODs very frequently No new hardware was added recently and the CPU GPU both have been overclocked for over an year now and I never ran into an instance of BSOD On almost all occasions the BSOD would come the moment system boots into the desktop sparing me almost no time to do anything I logged in via the safe prompt and extracted the most recent dmp file I could do barely anything with my PC and thus was forced to install the Windows consumer preview version Could someone look into the dmp file and tell me what might have caused the BSOD Many thanks in advance

A:BSOD - Windows 7 - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

I am unable to edit the previous post.

I also tried running MemTest86 while one memory stick was inserted on a slot and there were no errors reported for the first 15 minutes or so. I recall, once I had a defective module on an older system and MemTest threw the errors pretty quickly so I am assuming 15 minutes is safe for quickly diagnosing if the sticks are faulty? Someone correct me if I am wrong!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-650202.html
Relevancy 93.62%

I'm running a relatively fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and have had three BSOD since the install. It tends to happen while either web browsing or navigating through my file directories in Windows itself - fairly benign behavior.

I have followed the instructions on this site, and am attaching a .zip of my processed dump files, as well as an .html file of my Health Report.

This is a 64-bit machine.
It was custom-built, and I believe the Windows 7 install is purchased from a retailer.
Hardware is about a year old.
Windows was installed about 6 days ago.
I have thoroughly run MemTest, with no errors at all.

(Note that this is not my computer, but a client's. I'm a bit stumped, and any insight is appreciated.)

A:Arbitrary BSOD - Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

Problem Devices:
Code:
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\4&CF85AA7&0&0010 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available ACPI\ATK0110\1010110 The drivers for this device are not installed.
The above should be installed from the motherboard support site. The first one is under USB, and second is in utilities.
Security Software: ??? Make sure to install security software. I recommend either of these:Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows coupled with Malwarebytes. Do not start the free trial of Malwarebytes. Just use the standalone version, update it, and scan your computer once a week with Malwarebytes and with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Good and Free system security combination.

After installing your security software, update it, and then run full scans today with each program. Report back the results of the scans.
Please remove Daemon Tools, as it uses a driver called dtsoftbus01.sys that is known to cause BSODs with Verifier enabled, and it prevents determining driver problems using Verifier.

I prefer TotalMounter as my CD/DVD virtualization software as it allows me to burn images to a virtual CD/DVD if I just want an ISO file instead of a disc, and it is free.

Many use MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor as well, which is also free.
Crashes are pointing to memory problems or driver conflicts.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

An underlying driver may be incompatible\conflicting with your system. Run Driver Verifier to find any issues. To run Driver Verifier, do the following:a. Backup your system and user files
b. Create a system restore point
c. If you do not have a Windows 7 DVD, Create a system repair disc
d. In Windows 7:Click the Start Menu
Type verifier in Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click verifier and click Run as administrator
Put a tick in Create custom settings (for code developers) and click next
Put a tick in Select individual settings from a full list and click next
Set up the individual settings as in the image and click next
Attachment 215832
Put a tick in Select driver names from a list
Put a tick next to all non-Mi... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234143-arbitrary-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

HP Pavilion a f-b Home Premium -bit The PC was displaying symptons of page hijacking so I ran MalwareBytes and got rid of objects Did not CD BSOD Booting When From - Nonpaged Page in Fault Area make a difference so I ran TDSSKiller It found bit of malware but the hijacking persisted I downloaded ComboFix and ran it in Safe Mode It gave me some sort of error that was only visible for a split second before it disappeared leaving only the initial small blue CF box which stopped functioning and I noticed that the CF task was gone This happened times in a row I then tried a system restore to about weeks ago It probably sat on the 'restoring files' screen for a half hour before finally saying 'Shutting Down' BSOD When Booting From CD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area After minutes of not shutting down I pressed the power button and turned it off A restart brought me to the Windows Error Recovery Screen where I am presented with but choices - Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally The 'repair' option takes me to a Windows Boot Manager screen which prompts me to insert the install disk and reboot indicating that The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible So I use the CD When booting from that CD I can see it loading files then it says Starting Windows the initial blue sky screen displays for a few seconds - then the BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA with an x code This always happens with this disk A different Windows CD has given me the same start up to the blue sky but with different BSODs One had Bad Pool Header and the other said An attempt was made to write to read-only memory and the rd had the same PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Only of the choices presented to me at HP opening boot screen seemed to work when I first started this awful task F for Recovery did nothing I DID use f -Diagnostics and it passed all the tests Now sadly the only option that works is ESC to change the boot order I have no frickin' clue at this point

A:BSOD When Booting From CD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Media Boot Issues:First, you should reset the connections between the BIOS hardware/software connections and clear all temporary memory of corruption:Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect
cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." (Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English))
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all
power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS
and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard,
and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware

Then, clear the CMOS: three ways to clear the CMOS.
Remove Malicious Items and Resolve Boot Issues:Proceed with Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot. I am guessing you will need to use steps 9-10 to backup your system and do a clean re-install.

When you get to the clean install steps:Command Prompt at Windows Installation startup.

Use the clean all Diskpart command to wipe the drive and make sure all malicious items are removed. Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237941-bsod-when-booting-cd-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Please help. My laptop is crashing on a frequent basis, with the appearance of the BSOD and the error message PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. I've spent a lot of time googling ways to solve this issue, but nothing has worked. Also, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the crashes (e.g. the use of certain programs/software etc.) so I can't isolate it to one particular thing.

I have used Driver Booster to update all my drivers, so as far as I know everything is up to date.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:BSOD - Windows 10 - PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

Remove the bypasses/cracks on your system before proceeding

Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37690-bsod-windows-10-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi, I have been rebuilding a PC for quite some time now, tripping up on many errors along the way.

Recently got the computer completely bug free and looked at OC'ing it... have played around with Freq. and Voltages in BIOS for a bit and since I found what I thought to be a stable limit, I got the

"BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" like so many here seem to have had.

Computer Spec:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz (OC'ed to 3.6Ghz)
Corsair Vengeance 8Gb DDR3 RAM (2x4Gb)
Asus DDR3 Mobo
XFX Radeon HD 5450 1024Mb
Windows 7 Ultimate

Only non-stock software installed is CPU-Z and ATI Catalyst Control Centre

I have uploaded my 3 most recent minidump files as attachments, any help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area? Recent

i have had this issue before also with overclocking. check ram. some brands cant handle what it says it can. remove all ram but one that is name brand and see if it takes the stress. this fixed it for me. all the ram was rated the same but some off brand korean stick was causing the issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222644-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-recent.html
Relevancy 93.62%

As title says, I've been getting many BSODs from this error. Updated BIOS and wireless drivers.

A:Page fault in nonpaged area bcmpciehd63.sys bsod

This issue is still occuring, would appreciate a reply thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19677563
Relevancy 93.62%

My computer crashed with two system failures because of the Blue Screen of Death earlier this morning. One at 3:16am ET, and other at 3:48am.

One is the computer puts into Sleep Mode, when I opened it, it still locks up the log-on screen, but Blue Screen appears, and secondly before I Shut Down or Restart, the Blue Screen also appears. Can you help me fix it, please? Thank you for your cooperation.

A:BSOD Page Fault in Nonpaged Area (0x00000050) twice.

Follow the instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/128554-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-0x00000050-twice.html
Relevancy 93.62%

So, I opened my comp today, and found it unreasonably laggy. The cpu % from the task manager was up to 100 even though I didn't even open anything (except some start up stuff, but it's not usually like that). I started to play LOL, and found the fps wasn't really good. Then suddenly, I god BSOD, and it says error page fault in nonpaged area. So I am wondering is there a way to fix it. I've tried both sfc.exe /scannow and dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth , but both failed.

This is the file for my information: ASUS-02_10_2015_Tue_195800_50.zip

A:BSOD Error page fault in nonpaged area

Please manage startup items as there are a lot of them.
Update drivers in red and uninstall Asus Charger.

Code:
ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 11:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

atkwmiacpi64.sys Wed Sep 7 03:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
ATK WMIACPI Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

AiCharger.sys Fri Sep 23 04:04:40 2011 (4E7BE938)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys

PxHlpa64.sys Tue Apr 24 19:26:29 2012 (4F96E245)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 21:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software.[br]Also comes with iTunes
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys

AsHIDSwitch64.sys Thu May 31 04:38:32 2012 (4FC6D9A8)
HID driver for ASUS Wireless Radio Control
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsHIDSwitch64.sys

RtsBaStor.sys Wed Jun 13 12:09:02 2012 (4FD866BE)
Realtek Pcie CardReader Driver for 2K/XP/Vista/Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsBaStor.sys

IntcDAud.sys Tue Jun 19 16:40:51 2012 (4FE08F73)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IntcDAud.sys

btath_hcrp.sys Thu Jun 21 07:23:29 2012 (4FE2AFD1)
Atheros Bluetooth Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_hcrp.sys

HECIx64.sys Tue Jul 3 00:14:58 2012 (4FF21D62)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

kbfiltr.sys Thu Aug 2 05:22:22 2012 (5019F26E)

kbfiltr.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Aug 28 13:35:57 2012 (503CAD1D)
Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys

dump_iaStorA.sys Sun Sep 2 03:01:24 2012 (5042AFE4)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys

iaStorA.sys Sun Sep 2 03:01:24 2012 (5042AFE4)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

Abyssus.sys Wed Jan 9 06:31:18 2013 (50ED00A6)
Razer Abyssus - BSOD issues with 2009 and earlier versions (Win7/Win8)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Abyssus.sys

athw8x.sys Thu Jan 17 10:15:39 2013 (50F7C13B)
Atheros Wireless LAN Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=athw8x.sys

Rt630x64.sys Fri May 10 11:59:08 2013 (518CC4EC)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

tmnciesc.sys Wed May 15 12:23:21 2013 (51936219)
Trend Micro Maximum Security driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tmnciesc.sys

tmeevw.sys Thu Jun 13 08:25:31 2013 (51B965DB)
Trend Micro Maximum Security driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tmeevw.sys

tmusa.sys Mon Jul 8 05:05:26 2013 (51DA2C76)
Trend Micro Osprey Scanner driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tmusa.sys

iwdbus.sys Thu Jul 25 03:06:12 2013 (51F07A04)
Intel WIDI Bus Enumerator driver[br]Related to Intel Widi - Wireless Display
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

igdkmd64.sys Tue Sep 17 02:08:54 2013 (52379D96)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

tmevtmgr.sys Tue Dec 3 09:56:24 2013 (529D9CB8)
Trend Micro Internet Security
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tmevtmgr.sys

tmcomm.sys Tue Dec 3 09:56:28 2013 (529D9CBC)
T... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61402-bsod-error-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

So I randomly got the BSOD during start up this morning No issues prior didn't install anything new software hardware Just normal everyday usage I can't get into safe mode it crashes during startup I can't do a Hard drive diagnostics through F it just freeze in a black screen So pretty much I can't do anything while booting with the SSD I did a memtest removed my rams one stick at a time and switch the order Ran chkdsk on the SSD and no issues BSOD Startup In Page Nonpaged Fault Area So I plugged in an older random HDD to test installed a fresh window and everything runs fine So that means the Ram should be ok Did error checking on the SSD plugged it in using BSOD Startup Page Fault In Nonpaged Area an external case found a few errors and was quot fixed quot so I booted my computer off the SSD again and the BSOD is still there Is there anyway I can check if its an issue with the windows inside my SSD or if the SSD has an error I know I can just reformat it and probably be easier but its a hassle reinstalling all my driver and stuff since I'm installing a fresh windows

A:BSOD Startup Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

How long did you do a memory test with all the sticks .. ? Best to do the check for at least 12 hrs ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317295-bsod-startup-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

After 10 passes memtest did not report any errors. Checkdisc ran fine too, and my winxp install is clean.

A:BSoD's... Page fault in nonpaged area, and untitled

Hi,

The culprit is hardware. Probably it is faulty motherboard as one of the minidump crashes with cli (ie clear interrupt)

kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Arguments:
Arg1: bff50ff0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: 804de9a4, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 00000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: bff50ff0

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KiServiceExit2+0
804de9a4 fa cli

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

CLI_FAULT_INSTR:
nt!KiServiceExit2+0
804de9a4 fa cli

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 005642fd to 804de9a4

STACK_TEXT:
f2f55d64 005642fd badb0d00 8003f41c 005642fd nt!KiServiceExit2
WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
fb56c010 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x5642fd

STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiServiceExit2+0
804de9a4 fa cli

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiServiceExit2+0
IMAGE_NAME: hardware
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MODULE_NAME: hardware
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: CLI_FAULT
BUCKET_ID: CLI_FAULT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-and-untitled.36966/
Relevancy 93.62%

Hello there, I am repeatedly encountering the BSOD on my Z230 Workstation (Windows 8.1 Pro 64), system saying ?There was a problem with the computer and it needs to be restarted? (screenshot attached). Restart never happens, need to do a hard reset. It does not happen after or during the start up, computer appears to work normally for several hours, then it just dies.Any idea, please?Thank you.Jan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Encountering-BSOD-Page-fault-in-a-nonpaged-area/td-p/5774794
Relevancy 93.62%

Hello, firstly I'm a newcomer here, I apologize in advance if this post does not follow the format or rules.

I have just bought gaming notebook, MSi GT72 2QD Dominator around last two weeks. I'm suffering BSOD problem (Page Fault in Nonpaged Area) twice since yesterday. For the whole 2 weeks, there's no problem. I don't do any update since last two weeks, and the problem suddenly occurs yesterday. The first one happens during I'm surfing the internet, and the second one happens during playing Dota 2. I have run BlueScreen View and it shows the error caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Please help me solve this matter.
Thanks.

Regards

Attachment 53530

Edit : Forgot one thing, on the same day the BSOD occurs, before that I have updated the NVIDIA driver using NVIDIA Geforce Experience. Probably that cause the problem? I don't know what the specific program that I open that will cause the BSOD as it happens in random.

A:Random BSOD, Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Your wireless network drivers are causing the problem.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {ffffe00169de3000, 0, fffff803b3b7e820, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Qcamainx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Qcamainx64.sys

Probably caused by : Qcamainx64.sys ( Qcamainx64+100563 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe00169de3000, memory referenced.
Arg3: fffff803b3b7e820, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff803b3d72138
unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes
ffffe00169de3000

FAULTING_IP:
nt!memcpy+a0
fffff803`b3b7e820 f30f6f040a movdqu xmm0,xmmword ptr [rdx+rcx]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: ffffd000263f0b80 -- (.trap 0xffffd000263f0b80)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=ffffd00029262960
rdx=0000100140b80696 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff803b3b7e820 rsp=ffffd000263f0d18 rbp=ffffc0010e4b6140
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000035 r10=0000098000000000
r11=ffffd00029262000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nt!memcpy+0xa0:
fffff803`b3b7e820 f30f6f040a movdqu xmm0,xmmword ptr [rdx+rcx] ds:ffffe001`69de2ff6=????????????????????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff803b3ba30e7 to fffff803b3b71fa0

STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`263f0998 fffff803`b3ba30e7 : 00000000`00000050 ffffe001`69de3000 00000000`00000000 ffffd000`263f0b80 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`263f09a0 fffff803`b3a859c9 : 00000000`00000000 ffffe001`5b228880 ffffd000`263f0b80 ffffe001`5b228880 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x20c37
ffffd000`263f0a40 fffff803`b3b7c22f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ffffd000`263f0b80 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x7a9
ffffd000`263f0b80 fffff803`b3b7e820 : fffff803`b3a9c5e4 c0011a94`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`00000001 : nt!KiPageFault+0x12f
ffffd000`263f0d18 fffff803`b3a9c5e4 : c0011a94`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`00000001 fffffa80`0b4c0d20 : nt!memcpy+0xa0
ffffd000`263f0d20 fffff803`b3a9bde4 : ffffe001`00000000 00000000`0ab00000 ffffd000`263f0f58 ffffd000`263f0f2c : nt!MmCopyToCachedPage+0x404
ffffd000`263f0ef0 fffff803`b3a9b313 : ffffe001`609123... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56749-random-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

So this happened today out of nowhere when i opened steam and chrome all at one.
(I do this every day but until know no problem)
Btw i will be performing a fresh install after 2morrow

i have included a bluscreen view image aswell as the dumps

my system is
Videocard: 460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
Processor: Athlon 2 x4 640 3.625GHz
Mainboard: Asus M4A87TD-EVO Am3
Memory: DDR3 1333 CL9 Gskill 2x2
Soundcard: VIA Onboard
PSU: HX-650 Corsair

A:BSOD, 0x00000050 (page fault in nonpaged area)

HI.

Update,software\drivers for,

Samsung printer driver

Samsung

Also you had crash\bsod from Garena Update - World of Warcraft
http://www.d3scene.com/forum/warcraf...na-update.html
Read carefully the tutorial and run RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Finish with the above steps and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193361-bsod-0x00000050-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Hello I hope I have everything that is required down the dump folder is attached I have an ASUS K Jc notebook which I got in Since the time I Page Nonpaged Area BSOD, in Fault and, Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, bought it it has not worked properly and has been freezing and blue screening I've sent it back to the shop times and each time it has returned with the same problem On the third time one of them suggested running memtest so I did and it didn't show any problems I've also sent it to ASUS but the first time I started it up it still had problems My computer either Freezes and requires manual restart Instantly shuts BSOD, Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and, Page Fault in Nonpaged Area down with a weird Zip sound Blue Screens with an occasional blue screen during the first blue screen dump - or a weird buzzing sound during the blue screen until it restarts computer I haven't paid attention to the earlier ones but the last two BSOD, Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and, Page Fault in Nonpaged Area types were Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Not sure if it helps but the code underneath was Stop x D oxFFFFF C F X X XFFFFF C F And the second was Page Fault in Non Paged Area Didn't catch the rest of it I've tried restoring my computer multiple times to original settings but the problem persists sometimes it would freeze or blue screen during the resetting stage I have had this problem for two years since I got the computer and would love to find a solution Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm also don't have a great knowledge of computers so hope what I included was enough If I'm missing anything please let me know Thanks in advance Adam

A:BSOD, Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and, Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

Welcome to SevenForums Adam

These are indications of network errors:

Code:
fffff880`033cb478 fffff880`046b44bbUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
athrx+0xab4bb
athrx
start end module name
fffff880`04609000 fffff880`04790000 athrx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: athrx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys
Image name: athrx.sys
Timestamp: Wed Feb 10 08:19:10 2010 (4B72179E)
CheckSum: 0019001E
ImageSize: 00187000
================================================================
fffff880`033cb8f8 fffff880`01884519 tcpip!TcpMppQuerySynDropRate+0x35
fffff880`033cb948 fffff880`0196e9a0 tcpip!Ipv4Global
fffff880`033cb978 fffff880`0187bcac tcpip!TcpPreValidatedReceive+0x20c
fffff880`033cb998 fffff880`0185f400 tcpip!TcpValidateReceive+0x140
fffff880`033cbb18 fffff880`011974fb NETIO!FsbFree+0x6b
Which can often be caused by Security software like this:

Code:
Trend Micro Client Framework "c:\program files\trend micro\uniclient\uifrmwrk\uiwatchdog.exe" Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Trend Micro Titanium "c:\program files\trend micro\titanium\uiframework\uiwinmgr.exe" -set silent "1" splashurl "" Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Please uninstall Trend Micro for troubleshooting purposes. Either with its removal tool or Revo uninstaller.Uninstalling Trend Micro program using the Diagnostic Toolkit
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems
If you uninstall with Revo uninstaller, uninstall using Advanced Mode which allows clearing registry leftovers of the program.

Then update your Atheros Driver in the following manner:

Quote:
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; ATHEROS. Reboot the system. Delete remnants of its drivers/older drivers using Driver Sweeper.

Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

If its wireless, match your device from here:ATHEROS Wireless drivers for Windows
If its not a wireless, match your device from here:ATHEROS Network drivers for Windows
Microsoft Security Essentials. Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software. It is free and lightweight:-
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for WindowsMalwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computerGood and Free system security combination.

Warning
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Make scans with the following:

-Kaspersky TDSSKillerAnti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
-ESET online scannerFree Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check on your hard drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Reduce items at start-up. Nothing except anti-virus is required:Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Install all updates including Service Pack 1:Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Go to this link: Intel? Driver Update Utility. Check the system for latest updates. Download and install them one by one.

If this does no... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272343-bsod-driver_irql_not_less_or_equal-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

I've been having this error for the past few days.i bought the computer 2 yrs ago and it has worked fine until now

Win7 ultimate 32 bit
Intel Core i3 2100 3.1GHz
2GB Ram
VGA GT430 1GB

A:BSOD page fault in nonpaged area error ...050 ?

No dumps included.

Please follow this tutorial: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD to enable "small memory dumps"

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319122-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-error-050-a.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Hello, I've just started having this bsod problem a few days ago. It first happened when I was getting some food and I came back to see my windows couldn't find the proper boot drive. I restarted the pc and all was fine, but lo and behold, it bsod in front of me. I tried to find the bsod dump but it didn't save any of them, all I know is, it is Page fault in nonpaged area error and the 000 code ends at f4.

This happens randomly no matter what I do on the pc.

Attached SF diagnostics

A:Page fault in nonpaged area - f4 - random bsod's.

Probably a failing hard drive.

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8007fad730, fffffa8007fada10, fffff800039ccd50}
----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : hardware_disk
Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Test your hard drive:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266775-page-fault-nonpaged-area-f4-random-bsods.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Hi Everyone I got an HP laptop in September and have had a problems with the system fan within a month Got the battery replaced for the fan and now I'm having a number of BSOD's From watching videos Area NTFS.SYS Page In Nonpaged Fault BSOD online startup and shutdown to installing updates They are happening everywhere Best Buy told me to do a completely erase everything So I used the OEM system recovery on the laptop and started off fresh but I'm still getting same BSOD's I purchased a new laptop in hopes of selling this one however my new one was stolen yesterday So I'm back to trying to work with this one and figuring out the BSOD's HP Pavilion dv Notebook AMD A - M APU with Radeon HD Graphics GHz GB Memory Windows Home Premium bit I've attached the BSOD's There are quite a number of them ranging from October none in November because using other laptop then the most recent BSOD's today Thanks for any help

A:BSOD NTFS.SYS Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

You uploaded the application instead of the data. Please try this method instead.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203849-bsod-ntfs-sys-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Hello, I just bought an Asus Laptop, and ever since I bought it, it?s been having the same issue, BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, but it only happens while torrenting.

At first, I thought it was faulty RAM, so I asked for a new PC (same model) on the store I bought it, but on this new PC it happened again, and it?s the same thing, only while torrenting. So, I can discard RAM issues, it can?t be faulty RAM on both machines.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

DESKTOP-O81EQME-Sun_01_10_2016_135208_35.zip

A:Page Fault In Nonpaged Area BSOD While Torrenting

Your Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter wireless driver is flagged in the dumpfiles.

Update to the latest windows 10 version from the asus supportpage https://www.asus.com/Notebooks/X455L...Desk_Download/

Advice: check if there are more recent driver versions for your laptop.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36924-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod-while-torrenting.html
Relevancy 93.62%

My Dell Inspiron 8600 just gave me this error message. I have never had a problem with this laptop before. I can boot into safe mode but thats it. Any quick fixes? Thanks for reading. I forgot to mention it also says, The problem seems to be caused by the following file PartMgr.sys

A:Solved: BSOD Page fault in Nonpaged area?

Do you have an installation disk for your OS? If so, you can run the Windows Repair feature, which will not delete any of your files or settings...only Windows Updates in XP. This repair feature will repair any damaged Windows files. If you can post your OS, a link to help with the installation will be easy to provide...

Here is an excerpt from a post on another site I found about your particular issue...

"This is caused by the virtual memory page file being set at zero. Also some people say having external drives and a new device installed can also cause this problem. If you increase the voltage to your ram then this sometimes can also trigger a new response. Heres a little more info from a forum I've looked at, some of which may or not be useful. Hope this helps.

Partmgr.sys controls the Page File, which, if the PF's become corrupted, will prevent Windows from working (even loading in some cases)."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.1083839/
Relevancy 93.62%

been getting BSOD's about once a week, here's my specs. minidump files are attached in a zip... can anyone help me?

Specs:
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Intel i5 760
Gigabyte p55-usb3
8GB Kingston DDR3
Geforce GTX 460

A:BSOD - Page fault in nonpaged area - win7 x64

Please update to SP1 - Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Code:
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jun 17 03:38:37 2011 (4DFB047D)
Remove Daemon Tools. Known to cause problems.

Run Memtest - Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Tue Feb 21 01:04:32.017 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 2 days 23:45:28.752
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Npfs.SYS
Probably caused by : Npfs.SYS ( Npfs+7fbd )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_Npfs+7fbd
BiosReleaseDate = 11/01/2010
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = P55-USB3
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2800
CurrentSpeed: 2798
Debug session time: Thu Feb 16 04:26:26.524 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 16:08:50.632
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ntfs.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiComputeFlushRange+4b9 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: adm.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!MiComputeFlushRange+4b9
Debug session time: Thu Feb 9 16:07:44.530 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 2 days 13:08:39.638
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IopPostProcessIrp+4d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_20_nt!IopPostProcessIrp+4d
Debug session time: Fri Jan 20 22:57:45.576 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 22:35:29.058
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspDereferenceQuotaBlock+17 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: adm.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!PspDereferenceQuotaBlock+17

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-win7-x64-631730.html
Relevancy 93.62%

Typically I use WhoCrashed to diagnose my BSOD issues. However, this recent round of crashing has been elusive due to the lack of crash log. There isn?t a dump file in system root folder or in the mini dump folder. Reading online I?ve made a few adjustments to see if somehow my crash dump was disabled. I made sure my pagefile was larger than my installed RAM, I made sure my pagefile is on the same drive as OS and I have more than 15% of free space. Doing a crash dump test with WhoCrashed does produce a crash dump but the BSOD still doesn?t. There are no other errors in the event log before the crash report. I don?t know what else there is to say. I?m attaching a SF Diagnostic zip.

A:BSOD no crash log: page fault in nonpaged area

Please post this report before we begin: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294264-bsod-no-crash-log-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 93.62%

So earlier today I thought I had a virus so I went to uninstall AVG and then re install it. Well when I tried to uninstall it I got the first blue screen. I then started to get them out of nowhere on a websites and Microsoft security essentials kept on saying I had some sort of virus. I then tried to do system restore but was still having the problems. Finally I decided to return it back to the factory settings, and now I still get the BSOD. I just got this laptop three months ago so I really want it to get fixed. If you need anymore info let me know and hopefully everyone here can help me.

A:BSOD page fault in nonpaged area 0x00000050

Welcome aboard.

Scan the system for possible virus infection.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265746-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 93.62%

This BSOD just started a little bit ago, and im fairly sure its WoW (private server). I downloaded a new launcher and after Ive played, soon after I get that. Im posting this just to make sure its actually what it is, because it could be something else.

A:BSOD Page Fault in nonpaged area after gaming

Hi Cgamon.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (3 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

The display driver is failing here:

Code:
fffff880`070e8a48 fffff880`018a0f83Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
atikmpag+0x3f83
And it is extremely old.

Code:
fffff880`0189d000 fffff880`018d1000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jan 14 07:40:57 2010 (4B4E7D31)
CheckSum: 0003A5A5
ImageSize: 00034000
Use the "Automatically Detect and Install" option from Download Drivers.

Let us know the results.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff8ffc24e4988, 1, fffff960000666b0, 5}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!RGNOBJ::bOffset+f0 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff96000154283, fffff880070e9060, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgLockEx+a3 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320211-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-after-gaming.html
Relevancy 93.62%

As title says, I've been getting many BSODs from this error. Updated BIOS and wireless drivers to no avail.
minidump and system info attached.

A:Page fault in nonpaged area bcmpciehd63.sys bsod

It's important to include the model computer and operating system in your post rather than attaching the info. Run all the diagnostics to check the hardware.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19677564
Relevancy 92.69%

I just bought my new laptop 1 month ago, but BSOD occurred for many times. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? the minidump files are attached here. Thanks for helping.

Window 7 Home Premium

System

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP G42 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 596 GB

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370
Total available graphics memory 2746 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1722 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.771.1.0
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Network Adapter Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n

Relevancy 92.69%

Hello,

I have a serveral weeks sometimes this bsod with as message page fault in nonpaged area.
It only leads to win32k.sys and i am not sure what the problem is.
I have tried serveral things:
Updating all drivers with: DriverEasy and SlimDriversInstalled all windows updates.removed pagefile, rebooted en set pagefile again to system managed.

Can someone help me with this?
If you need more info i will try to upload it as soon as possible.

Laptop: Asus K55A
HARM-PC-28_01_2015_143052_85.zip

29-01-2015:
Again a bsod. This time it was a system service exception.
HARM-PC-29_01_2015_150105_40.zip

30-01-2015:
HARM-PC-30_01_2015_173417_20.zip

05-02-2015:
HARM-PC-05_02_2015_124837_93.zip

09-02-2015:
HARM-PC-09_02_2015_114021_94.zip

Greetings,

Harm

A:Random BSOD windows 8.1 page fault in nonpaged area

I had another bsod. I added the package with information to the starting post.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60762-random-bsod-windows-8-1-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 92.69%

Hi

I have had my MSI GE60 for approx a year, I have had these problems from the start, but less frequently. The memory management BSOD occurs randomly, while the page fault in nonpaged area happens mainly after the laptop was in sleep, hibernation mode.
I have checked the drivers they all seem to be up too date.

Please help

Attachment 53354

A:BSOD memory management and page fault in nonpaged area

Your bluetooth is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

Please uninstall the Killer Network Manager - a known cause of BSOD's on MSI systems.
More here:

At times the Killer Network Manager may cause BSOD problems:

NOTE:Link thanks to blueelvis (15Oct2014): https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178064.0 This is a method for removing all the network software and only installing the driver. Perfect for those issues that can't be resolved any other way!

NOTE: See this link first: BSOD while playing on msi gt70 dragon edition 2 (thanks to kaelaan) It appears that the Killer Service problem was solved with the latest release of the Qualcomm versions of the drivers (so try updating to a version dated from later in 2014).

The Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service/KillerNetManager is known to cause BSOD's. Please follow the workaround instructions here:

First, open the Run dialog (Win + R keys) and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Scroll down and locate the "Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service" and right click on it. Select "Stop"
Right click on it again and this time select "Properties"
In the dropdown box for "Startup type", select "Disabled", then click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the window

Next, open Task Manager (right click on TaskBar and select "Task Manager")
Click on the "More details" dropdown (if present)
Click on the "Startup" tab
Scroll down and locate the "KillerNetManager" entry, right click on it and select "Disable"
There may also be an Install Shield (with the Killer gaming K next to it), if so Right click on it and select "Disable"
Finally, restart the system in order for the changes to take affect.

At times the Killer Network Manager will continue to load. If so, it's usually listed in the MSINFO32...Software Environment...Startup Programs section. If it is, please try this:

It may be that the instructions aren't stopping everything.
In some cases, there's a program running out of the Program Files/Program Files (x86) directory.
"c:\program files\qualcomm atheros\killer network manager\killer~1.exe" (NOTE: killer~1.exe is most likely killernetmanager.exe)
In other cases, there's a program running out of c:\windows\installer\{Long string of letters, numbers, and dashes}\networkmanager.exe_130c27d738f34c89bddf21bcfd74b56d.exe (the long string of letters and numbers may change)

Here's some things to try
1) Please see if there are any entries in the Startup tab of Task Manager that are related to Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer Network Manager (and NOT the card itself) and disable them (please let us know what you find) Be careful as the wrong selection can disable the network card.
2) Check in "msconfig" for any entries that aren't in the Startup tab of Task Manager. Let us know if you find any Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer entries there (we'll disable them differently if they are there).
3) Locate the "c:\program files\qualcomm atheros\killer network manager\killer~1.exe" and rename the .exe to .BAD (the killer~1 is actually a filename that starts with killer and ends with .exe) There will be an error in event viewer, but it'll stop the bugger from loading.
4) Locate the "c:\windows\installer\{Long string of letters, numbers, and dashes}\networkmanager.exe_130c27d738f34c89bddf21bcfd74b56d.exe" entry and rename the last .exe to .BAD (the long string of letters and numbers may change)

Just FYI - here are the MSI workaround instructions: MSI USA - Online Technical Support FAQ

Out of 24 memory dumps there were 8 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. Th... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56584-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 92.69%

Hey guys I've learned quite a bit from these forums now by lurking and finally got my debugging tools working right with the symbols and all Anyways I wanted some second opinions on these dumps Here's info on the system Code -x Embedded App compatibility template - weeks old unused hardware fresh install Im guessing it's memory and not driver related because I get these errors Code PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected nonpaged bad pool /page header Bsod, fault area in by a Probe Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory Could not read faulting driver name Code BAD POOL HEADER The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request This may or may not be due to the caller The internal pool links must Bsod, bad pool header /page fault in nonpaged area be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver verifier to a suspect driver Seems like both of those are related to memory I've also got some memory corruption errors too Thanks in advance for any input on these Curious if i'm on the right track

A:Bsod, bad pool header /page fault in nonpaged area

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\jivex5k\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\020212-15865-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer EmbeddedNT SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02858000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02a9d670
Debug session time: Wed Feb 1 15:08:02.495 2012 (GMT-7)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:23:46.743
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {22, 2100000000, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!bDeleteBrush+274 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000022,
Arg2: 0000002100000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_22

POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002b07100

PROCESS_NAME: MainConsole.ex

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800028614ce to fffff800028d4c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`062c2478 fffff800`028614ce : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000022 00000021`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`062c2480 fffff800`02a041fa : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`062c25d0 fffff880`062c2550 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x72d6
fffff880`062c2510 fffff960`0018d754 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 00000000`03300bff 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x46a
fffff880`062c25c0 fffff960`0018e801 : 00000000`03300bff fffff880`00000001 00000000`00000001 fffff900`00000000 : win32k!bDeleteBrush+0x274
fffff880`062c2670 fffff960`00185e80 : 00000000`00000894 fffff880`062c2a00 fffff900`c1a1d010 00000000`00000000 : win32k!NtGdiCloseProcess+0x181
fffff880`062c26d0 fffff960`001855af : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`062c2ae0 fffffa80`061bcb60 00000000`00000000 : win32k!GdiProcessCallout+0x200
fffff880`062c2750 fffff800`02baaa81 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`061bcb00 : win32k!W32pProcessCallout+0x6b
fffff880`062c2780 fffff800`02b8e09d : 00000000`c0000005 00000000`00000001 00000000`78457300 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspExitThread+0x4d1
fffff880`062c2880 fffff800`028c83fa : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214738-bsod-bad-pool-header-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 92.69%

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13 from 2012

I updated to 8.1 two days ago. Since last evening, my computer started having the BSOD (page fault in nonpaged area) after waking up from sleep or opening my laptop lid.

After doing some self research late evening, I updated all known drivers that needed updating. I also updated the latest BIOS. I also did a computer scan and got no errors. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the BSOD.

I used BlueScreenView which highlighted "ntoskrnl.exe + 18524a" as the stack error. I've also attached the dump zip.

Thanks in advance for any help!

A:BSOD after sleep 8.1 update (Page Fault in Nonpaged Area)

All your latest dumpfiles are Probably caused by : rtwlanu.sys ( rtwlanu+dc970 ).
This is the driver for your Realtek Wireless Lan.

Please update to the latest windows 8.1 driver from here Drivers and software - IdeaPad Yoga 13 Notebook.

You have also some other outdated drivers. (Audio, chipset, touchpad, card reader etc.)
Please check/update all your others drivers from the above page to the latest windows 8.1. drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50351-bsod-after-sleep-8-1-update-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 92.69%

greetings everyone i bought this HP Pavilion desktop not too long ago and it came with windows vista home basic the problem is every once in a while i quot think quot even from the beginning i keep in minidumps BSOD Fault - - Area with Vista NonPaged Page getting a Vista BSOD - Page Fault in NonPaged Area - with minidumps blue screen with the infamous quot page fault in nonpaged area quot error sometimes it s when i m playing music or a video andsometimes it s just when the computer is sitting there doing nothing there used to be not one day where it didn t come it always came maximum was times a day now it s much less though last time was yesterday it happened twice it also happened a lot when i was installing SQL server express days ago anyway i have no idea what s going on i have like minidumps from till i ve attached the last minidumps if u need anything else please let me know it goes minidump zip minidump zip n then the last one thanks in advance i hope this problem can be solved nbsp

A:Vista BSOD - Page Fault in NonPaged Area - with minidumps

It is good you gave so many minidumps because in the middle of one, #8 in fact, I think we might have found your issue. It is wininit.exe and this is a serious trojan. See the following:

wininit.exe - Here is the scoop on Wollf.16 Trojan as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is wininit.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Wollf.16 Trojan?

wininit.exe (Wollf.16 Trojan) - Details
If a process named wininit.exe is running on your computer, you may have been infected with a strain of the Wollf.16 trojan.

wininit.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag Wollf.16 Trojan as a trojan, but also because other sites consider it a Trojan as well.

Wollf.16 Trojan is likely a Trojan and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of wininit.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, loss of data, loss of control or leaking private information.

I strongly suggest running a virus scan A.S.A.P.. If you can access Kaspersky's and Tend-micro's online scanners than by all means do so. Also, you'll want to check the stickies in the Security forum of how to deal with infections.

In two of your minidumps SRTSP.SYS was cited twice and NAVEX15.SYS was cited once and these are drivers for Symantec's antivirus program. It could be that the trojan has compromised your security suite. Regardless, there are issues with these drivers.

Pool_Corruption and Ntkrpamp.exe were listed several times. The latter is required by Windows for applications to work properly and should not be disabled.

At first I thought it might be your RAM and it wouldn't hurt to run Memtest, but first run those scans.

Also, if you don't have one, get a router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-with-minidumps.81728/
Relevancy 92.69%

Acer 6930g laptop
OS - Windows Vista Home Premium SP 2.0
x86
System age: 7 months
OS age: 6 months
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GHz
Video card: nVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 1GB
Motherboard: Intel Cantiga GL40/GM45/GM47/GS45/PM45

The BSOD's started happening this morning. I never had any on this laptop. When Vista boots after 5 minutes I get a BSOD. I couldn't get perfmon /report as I can only run in safe mode. I have Ubuntu linux 9.10 installed on my dual boot system. However I doubt this can cause any problems, because linux were installed 5 months ago and i did not have any kind of problems.

A:Vista BSOD loop [page fault in nonpaged area]

Are you able to run the 'Repair' utility from the Windows installation disk?

That is, assuming you do have an installation disk.

Your Acer laptop may have a 'Recovery Partition' instead of an installation disk. Please check in you laptop's manual, to see if this is true (you can get the manual online, if you do not have a hard-copy of it).

I hope this helps,
Art

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-bsod-loop-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-469441.html
Relevancy 92.69%

Hey guys,
Yesterday power was cut to my laptop while it was in sleep and now it gives a BSOD whenever I try to boot it. I can't boot to Safe Mode or LKGC either. I've tried doing System Restore, Startup Repair, chkdsk, and bootrec. None of those have helped. The laptop is a dual boot with Ubuntu, and Ubuntu still works, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.
I read the BSOD Posting Instructions, but it seems like you have to be able to boot into Windows to do that.
The only other possible culprit is some updates that were downloaded and set to be installed on reboot. No hardware changes or anything.
Whatever other info you'll need, let me know and I'll be happy to supply it.

A:BSOD on boot - 0x000000050 page fault in nonpaged area

Welcome to the forums abrahamguo,

This may help - Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296096-bsod-boot-0x000000050-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 92.69%

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing lots of BSODs with the message PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA recently when attempting to play Black Ops. It seems to only happen when I am trying to join a server (just when the loading screen is meant to appear). Sometimes it allows me to see the BSOD, other times it just restarts, but it is always happening when I try to join. I have attached my dump files hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix this :). Thanks in advance!

My system:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hardware is roughly 2 years old
OS age is under 6 months (since last re-install)

A:BSOD playing Black Ops (page fault in nonpaged area)

Quote: Originally Posted by victorrodrz

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing lots of BSODs with the message PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA recently when attempting to play Black Ops. It seems to only happen when I am trying to join a server (just when the loading screen is meant to appear). Sometimes it allows me to see the BSOD, other times it just restarts, but it is always happening when I try to join. I have attached my dump files hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix this . Thanks in advance!

My system:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hardware is roughly 2 years old
OS age is under 6 months (since last re-install)

1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOTbefore).

2-Old drivers needing updating

Code:
wacommousefilter.sys 2/16/2007 1:12:17 PM fffff880`069e8000 fffff880`069f0000 0x00008000 0x45d5f401
ISODrv64.sys 2/10/2009 4:22:18 AM fffff880`04068000 fffff880`04086000 0x0001e000 0x4991474a
yk62x64.sys 2/23/2009 10:02:27 AM fffff880`05331000 fffff880`05394000 0x00063000 0x49a2ba83
3-Might want to mention your hardware. We need your system specs to know what hardware you have (especially if it is a Mac)

Related to MDFSYSNT.SYS MacDrive Partition Manager from Mediafour Corporation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197948-bsod-playing-black-ops-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html