Windows Support Forum

bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

Q: bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

bsod fault bsod: in nonpaged area page page fault in nonpaged area -- bsod: page fault in nonpaged area gt please help hello got a problem that s driving me crazy I keep on getting a blue screen after windows start-up saying quot page fault in nonpaged area quot stop x and have to reboot after that after x times of rebooting the system starts correctly en runs as smoothly as ever I m using win XP pro fully updated my lay-out is set on win classic but it always changes back to the xp-look also my sound-schemes chances back to the standard scheme everytime I have this problem I checked both my ram modules they re both ok when I remove one and only use the other the problem keeps appearing I checked both my bsod: page fault in nonpaged area HD s with diagnose-software from the manufacterer s site they are also okay I can t find any help at microsoft support site so anyone who knows how to help me or has any suggestions please help me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: bsod: page fault in nonpaged area

Then you are too low on RAM memory. You stated that when you use only one module, the problem appears. Unless I don't follow what you're trying to say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.80853/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have just installed the latest driver from Kyocera for the FS-1020D. I am using the USB connection. This problem has occurred with Windows 7 Professional and Windows 8.

When I print the page, the print doesn't start until between 5cm and 14cm down the page (I tried printing off 5 pages, the first page started printing 14 cm down, then the remaining 4 pages left a top gap of 5 cm).

Any ideas?

A:Kyocera Fs-1020D - print starting hal-way down page

Cancel this request - I don't understand why, but after I tried printing from the MP tray, it suddenly sorted itself out and is now printing perfectly from both paper trays!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-fs-1020d-print-starting-hal-way-down-page.208284/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I realize that this is my computer telling me that it is not getting a connection to the internet So here is a basic diagram of my setup ISP---- gt Cable Modem----- gt New Splitter---------- gt Asus wifi router working --------- gt Desktop IP also connected to wifi My ISP is Charter Com via a Cable Modem From there I go into a TRENDnet ethernet switch splitter From there I have cable that goes to my desktop one cable to goes Area Local Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx to the upper floor to the wifi router Asus RT-N U The router is working fine and I am currently connected to it I have replaced the TRENDnet Switch every ethernet cable except to Asus wifi router This is where it gets stupid I can disconnect the TRENDnet switch and plug in my Desktop with the IP and it works I have researched this topic via forums for the past month and a half and now after fresh installing windows would like to try and get some input of what other might think is going on I am out of options I Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx had this setup for quite some time with wired and wifi Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx but just all of a sudden about - months ago after moving my desk and plugging it all in again it stopped working Here is a text format of Ipconfig of my LAC Configuration for interface quot Local Area Connection quot DHCP enabled Yes IP Address xxx xxx Subnet Prefix xx mask InterfaceMetric DNS servers configured through DHCP None Register with which suffix Primary only WINS servers configured through DHCP None As I said I am now running a fresh install of windows with no Bonjour program on it I have released renewed and about other CMD commands that I could think of The internet options for this adapter are set to obtain automatically I have ran about every malware program I can think of So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx

Hmm why the splitter BEFORE the router - - that's not the correct way to add a second router

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
to add a second router:

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
|
+--- new router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-169-254-xxx-xxx.203909/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an ancient eMachines T- Intel P- Ghz single core Prescott I m running XP-SP fully updated with the exception of SP- If I install SP I lose the ability to do a repair install My AV product is AVG Free This thing s Loading Firefox Page with Slow my Slow Page Loading with Firefox go to erotica finder Trust me I don t log in to my bank with it Anyway it seems terribly slow at loading pages with the CPU at or pushing usage I can t load more than one page at a time Slow Page Loading with Firefox or I get a quot problem server reset before page loaded quot type error Once the other page s have loaded a simple reload page command establishes the connection Firkefox Slow Page Loading with Firefox ver is the browser of choice with quot NoScript quot installed I just did a repair install of the OS which is the only way I could get it to reload the internet driver Intel Pro That doesn t seem to have helped My question is I want anybody s best opinion as to whether this level of performance is what I should expect as typical with this rig or is it just plain worn out and I should retire it with full military honors nbsp

A:Slow Page Loading with Firefox

Try disabling no script. That may be eating up all your resources and slowing down the loading of webpages. If that doesnt work, try another browser like Chrome. I would try completely clean installing windows rather than repairing it since just repairing will not clear anything such as viruses off of the PC. Malware could be another culprit and clean installation will allow you to wipe it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-page-loading-with-firefox.202610/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help with a problem. I am connected to my internet network on my PC through an Ethernet cable, but cannot access the internet through a browser or anything else. This is the second time this week this has happened. I had a separate PC issue early this week which caused me to reinstall windows. I have had the issue with connecting to the internet occur twice now since reinstalling windows, both times after installing windows updates. I resolved the first occur acne by having my ISP come out. I do not know what they did to fix the problem, only that the router was not the source, and he changed something while logged into the modem settings. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Cannot open web page, connected to router

First get a command prompt and then issue these to commands
ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup www.google.com

both should give some answers, neither should timeout or show errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-web-page-connected-to-router.202181/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I was starting my laptop when suddenly I found this error :

(BIOS Date:06/08/09 16:37:07 Ver: 1.40
CPU: Inter(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 2.00GHz

Speed : 2.00 GHz

Initializing USB Controllers .. Done
4096MB OK

Auto-Detecting AHCI PORT 1..IDE Hard Disk
Auto-Detecting AHCI Port 4.. ATAPI CDROM
SATA Port1 TOSHIBA MK4055GSX FG011M

S.M.A.R.T. Capable and Statues OK

SATA Port4 HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GU10N Devices...

00USB mass storage devices found and configured.

Checking NVRAM....

Not enough space in Runtime area!!. SMBIOS data will not be available

Press F1 to Resume )

I pressed F1 but it didn't resume. I waiting for that NVRAM check but its not getting any results and there's no loading bar to show me the process.
So cannot use my laptop now...

Any idea how to fix it ?

PS. it hard-boot last time I used it because it was out of battery but I didnt install any programs or software..
And I cannot open the Bios setting menu to edit anything

A:Not enough space in runtime area

The bios CMOS battery on the motherboard may have died...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-enough-space-in-runtime-area.200279/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a client that has been asking me about a way to monitor internet activities or to get email addresses for people who use his wifi hotspots He owns a chain of restaurants and essentially wants a system page access? restaurant hotspot for Login that retrieves people s email addresses when they connect so he can send them promotional emails Personally I think this is a terrible idea but professionally I have to give him my opinion I was going to suggest that he have a sign in page that the router directs traffic to before it gives full connectivity to the user Login page for restaurant hotspot access? This page would Login page for restaurant hotspot access? have a user agreement that allows for sending promotional emails I ve seen these at airports and some other businesses and I hate them but this seems to be the least morally objectionable way to do what he s asking rather than implementing a shady web traffic monitoring system I m pretty sure all this would take would be to have the DHCP managed by a server that through the dns sends all traffic to a page that requires registering a login before granting full access to the network Has anyone done something like this themselves or have a suggestion for a method or application that aids in something like this Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/login-page-for-restaurant-hotspot-access.200163/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi this is my first thread here on Techspot I ve been wanting to find other people in the area that are interested in overclocking as in area overclockers for Myrtle the Looking Beach well I ve been overclocking since the AthlonXP to my current i K I ve now reached the point where I now need to take the next step in to extreme overclocking delidding L N Dry Ice and would prefer to meet up with others that have experience in these areas as well as just meet new people that have the same interest Personally I ve always been big on breaking DMark records My current build holds the record for Firestrike not extreme with a Core i K and GTX and rd Looking for overclockers in the Myrtle Beach area place for Extreme settings I spent hours trying to get the nd place spot on extreme and to get first I ll need to push the CPU over Ghz which I can t do on air or water Since everyone has their own talents I thought it d be fun to recruit a team and see what we can come up with Plus I may be able to help push your hardware further So if anyone lives in the area and is interested please hit me up nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-overclockers-in-the-myrtle-beach-area.199049/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, I'm David, and I am having problems with packet loss. I usually use internet to watch videos, play some games and what not, but recently I started experiencing lags. I googled it up, and then tried to see if my pc had packet loss (pinged google.com -t). I had a 6% packet loss. Then I tried it on my other pc (it is connected to the same router and is half a meter away from other one). It had 0% packed loss. Then I remembered that recently I downloaded some programs and stuff on the pc with the packet loss. Could it be the cause of my packet loss? Thank you to all who at least read my delema.

A:Internet packed loss. (Could it be a programs fault?)

What Router brand and model are you using?
Are you connected wired or wireless?
Are you connected 100mbps or 1.0 Gbps.
Have you upgraded the firmware on the router lately?
Also have you upgraded the drivers on the PCs network cards?
Have you ever power cycled the power on the router or modem?
Any switches connected to the router? If so, try a different port.
Have you tried a different port on the router?

Packet loss in a router means the router started degrading on the ports side.
Device could be overheating or just have duff ports (bad)
In your case you can also.

1. Backup config settings in the Router
2. Do a Factory Reset will wipe all prior settings out
3. Restore Backup config settings in the Router

If all was tried you should consider replacing the router only as option though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-packed-loss-could-it-be-a-programs-fault.194386/
Relevancy 28.81%

Anyone suggest some upgrades (if any?) for this old beast, current stats:

LAPTOP: Alienware Area-51® m7700
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 670 Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.8GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB
Memory: 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz - 2 x 512MB / 2 x 1024MB
Hard Drive: 100GB 7,200 RPM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX
Monitor: 17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD Display
Sound Card: Intel® 7.1 High-Definition Audio
Mouse: USB Logitech® G5 Laser Gaming Mouse
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

A:Upgrade suggestions for Alienware Area-51 m7700

Not much point upgrading, that's quite an old machine. You're better off saving up and building a new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-suggestions-for-alienware-area-51-m7700.187186/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have made a mistake in my computer and I do not know what I did or where I did it to create the screen to become black when I go to a second screen. I can open a website fine, but when I go to a second page it comes up black with only very light grey printing. Can someone walk me through changing this back from black to a more readable color?
Oh, I forgot to tell that I have Windows 7 on this laptop.

A:Opening second page comes up black

Are you talking about an external monitor connected to the laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opening-second-page-comes-up-black.184086/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys My internet provider has just recently been switched to Time Warner Cable They came by and hooked everything up to my desktop and my internet worked for that day The next day I had to call technical support and road runner services because my computer says I m connected but I m not sending nor receiving area Missing network connection and local controller any packets Road Runner took me through Device Manager where I noticed a big yellow question mark near Other Devices Network Controller Also after going through my Network Connections there s no Local Area Connection listed The techs responded that they couldn t help me unless I fixed my computer software I have already tried going through Computer Management and checking Plug And Play Services amp RPC Missing network controller and local area connection Services Any other suggestions are much appreciated I m currently working off of my laptop because I can t get online with my desktop Any requested information would just Missing network controller and local area connection be done by my usb flash Missing network controller and local area connection drive Thank you so much for your time nbsp

A:Missing network controller and local area connection

Open device manager. Uninstall those device with ? on them. Reinstall drivers for your network adapter.

What devices are listed under network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-network-controller-and-local-area-connection.174762/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Everyone Desperately in need of help right now I m now currently unable to load ANY page which requires a login eg Hotmail Youtube any load which a page Can't requires login Login Page Facebook Yahoo Login Page etc I came across this forum and wanted to post a new Can't load any page which requires a login thread to look for help regarding my problem but this forum also required me to make an account BUT since I m unable to load any log in pages I can t load the log in page to my email too I m a computer newbie so I m really at a loss right now This login problem does not only apply to my computer though other computers in my house my iPhone and my PS also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login I m guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISP But I have no idea where to start or what to do to find out what s the problem I doubt it s a malware or any kind of bug though But just to confirm what can I do Any help is greatly appreciated PLEASE and thanks nbsp

A:Can't load any page which requires a login

JuicyDragon said:

This login problem does not only apply to my computer though, other computers in my house, my iPhone and my PS3 also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login. I'm guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISPClick to expand...

Good guess; common symptom across multiple devices implies something higher up in the network.
I suspect you have a port problem for port 443, secured http (HTTPS://)

Using a wired connection to your router, launch a browser and enter the router IP address as if it were a URL. This will access the router config page but should prompt for the admin/pwd.

Now you need the Admin-id, password and the IP address of your router, all of which are make/model dependent - - Please post the name/model number of your router so we can continue . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-load-any-page-which-requires-a-login.172593/
Relevancy 29.24%

There is a laptop I want to purchase which is described to have an "intermittent graphics fault" where the screen turns green.
I have read that this is definitely a hardware error, some pointing out the video cable as being loose.
I was wondering if you guys are familiar with this problem and what is required to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop screen turns green; intermittent graphics fault

Honestly, I would avoid any laptop that has that issue because you don't know what is causing it and if you have to replace the screen the cost is often more than what you would pay for a new system.

Can you link us to this laptop or give us more details about this unit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-turns-green-intermittent-graphics-fault.170726/
Relevancy 27.95%

I'm missing the "local area connection" for a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop. Hence, I cannot seem to connect to the net.

Anybody got any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

A:Local area connection missing, Dell Inspiron 1300

Is your wireless working? Go under your BIOS and see if the WiFi is enabled or functioning. Download any BIOS updates, WiFi drivers update an etc.. If all is done and you still have the issue. Buy USB WiFi NIC Dongle and test that and see if you can get LAN or WAN connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-missing-dell-inspiron-1300.168709/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,

I installed SpeedFan yesterday, and shortly after I started hearing this barely audible sort of "screeee.. screee" coming from the fan area. I can hear the fan is working fine, and SF says my temps are normal (around 48c to 50c when idle, maxing at just over 60c when streaming video or playing a game) so my fan doesn't seem to be dying. But I don't know anything about computers, so I don't know.

I talked to an ACER guy (my laptop is an Aspire 5252) and he said use an air duster to clear out dust. I did, and I think I did it right, but the little whine is still there.

Do I need to send my laptop in for repairs?

A:Small sound coming from fan area

I have noticed noises like that in a lot of computer components and laptops. For example, my video card makes an audible noise like the one you described that is not the fan during the loading screens of certain games. From what I have read, this is not a problem, and is just a byproduct of current flowing through certain components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-sound-coming-from-fan-area.167387/
Relevancy 21.93%

Whenever i type in my ip address in my internet address bar(192.168.x.y) the page brings me to "Unable to connect" "FireFox cannot establish a connection to the server 192.168.x.y". I have also tried it in IE but it just google searches my IP Address. Also this problem is usually off and on. One day i can get on and the next day it wont let me access the page.

A:Cannot connect to my router's web page via IP address

first, get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG

the last line shown as the Default address is your router's address.

If that's the address you already attempted, then

download LSPFIX,
install and run from an ADMIN login, reboot the system and then try accessing your router again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-my-routers-web-page-via-ip-address.166074/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi All,
I heard a noise form my HP ProLiant ML110 G4 tower and it sounded like a fan or hard drive was going on its last leg. I opened the tower and saw the fans running, I shutdown and unplugged the rear fan powered up and still there, tried the cpu fan still there, tried the power to the hard drive and still there, tried the sata cable and power still there. Each time I would put each item back and try the next. I had a ground strap on the whole time. It really sounded like it was coming from inside the cpu heat sink? Where the fan is bolted to. It kind of stopped now, do I just wait for something to fail or does this sound familiar to anybody? Thanks for any help.
Frank

A:Noise from CPU area now HP ProLiant

You could remove the CPU's heatsink and fan. Clean off the old thermal paste and apply fresh paste to see if the noise stops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noise-from-cpu-area-now-hp-proliant.162157/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi everyone out there. I have been working on a emachine desktop that the customer could not get there ie to work. Well I did what I had to to find out that the adapter was bad so I replaced it with an usb network adapter. now it is saying that it is connected but ie will still not display the page. I have made sure that the settings are automatically detected. I need serious help. I know it's something simple. I have reset my router and modem and it still displays the same msg. I have a laptop connected to the same router and modem and its connection is fine. On the desktop I'm even able to update programs on the computer but ie just won't work. What could be wrong? Pls hlp!

A:Internet connected, but IE cannot display this page

You might want to check to be sure the browser is not in offline mode, especially if other network functions are working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connected-but-ie-cannot-display-this-page.162855/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hp laserjet 5p

Wont print whats shown to be print from adobe reader or paint. I used windows xp drivers to install this. Hp doesnt have drivers for this printer. When I all it prints is 2 pages with one of letters on one and bar of ink on the other.

A:Printer won't print what's shown on the page

Does sound like the wrong printer driver.
Which Windows system are you using? I am guessing you are running Vista or 7, and using an XP printer driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-wont-print-whats-shown-on-the-page.160480/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys, i have recently received a message telling me that a network cable is unplugged. Usually i have this problem with local area connection 2, but it always resolves itself while this one does not. I have tried unplugging my dlink and plugging it back in. please give me any suggestions! Sorry if this sounds dumb to you, much appreciated!

A:Local Area Connection [A network cable is unplugged]

Are using a laptop or desktop, if your on a laptop will say that because your not plugged in the LAN on your laptop which you do not need if it is wireless, but if it is your desktop and you are connect to your router it could be that the NIC card is at fault go into device manager to see if there is any problems with NIC card.

1.Also check your network cables make sure they are in secure.

2. Make sure your network adapter is up to date and working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.159744/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 29.24%

Let me tell you a bit about my set-up. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and my internet connection is via a Bt homehub.
My problem is every time I start up my PC I don't have internet connection.
The only way to get it is to go to local area connection and disable it, then go back in and enable it and then I have internet access.
I have taken screen shoots of whats happening.
Not sure if the file has uploaded so sorry if you don't see it. New to this site so having to get used to it.

Alan

Can any one see the word file I attached as I can't.

Alan

A:Local Area Connection

Assuming that's a wired and not wifi connection.

Before you boot, disconnect from the BT and let the system present the desktop, then
connection to the BT, wait 30sec and you should have a connection.

Your Firewall should be left active

Like to see the View Connections, but copy the text from this and past into your follow-up:
start->Run->enter IPCONFIG /ALL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection.156433/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 21.5%

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1. If I disable my Local Area Network, the internet connects perfectly. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN USE MY LOCAL AREA NETWORK AND THE WIRELESS CONNECTION AT THE SAME TIME! Frustrating to the max! Any network specialists out there who can tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!!

A:Conflict between "Wireless Network Connection" & "Local Area Connection"

berkeleygh said:

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1.Click to expand...

You should know that x.x.2.1 is incorrect. For the router address shown, all devices that connect to it *must* be 192.168.3.x where x > 1 and < 255.

I would suspect that you have some static configuration data in the devices.

You want your router to offer DHCP in the range 2->32 (that's more than enough) and
you want all systems to use DHCP for the IP address and DNS settings.

Remove anything in the Alternative Configurations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conflict-between-wireless-network-connection-local-area-connection.154215/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have my internet connection saying it is connected but whenever I go onto firefox it tells me it couldnt connect.

ipconfig tells me it encountered an error, repairing connection tells me it can't get into tcp/ip settings. I have tried resetting winsock.

I'm currently not at my computer and I'm being forced to rush, so if you need more specific error messages just tell me and I will post with my phone.

A:Local Area Connection "Connected", no net

Post ipconfig /all
You may be connected to your LAN, but not the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-connected-no-net.149476/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there I just bought a wbr- dlink wireless router My network situation cable modem hooked up to the dlink router with wired desktop PCs and a wireless Wii connecting I bought the dlink because my previous aging router web D-Link wired wbr page 2310 intermittent resolving stopped D-Link wbr 2310 intermittent wired web page resolving functioning and because it was cheap which I diagnosed by D-Link wbr 2310 intermittent wired web page resolving plugging each of the computers into the modem directly D-Link wbr 2310 intermittent wired web page resolving The connection was perfect in that case but neither computer could connect to anything with the router in between I tried switching ethernet cables that were between the router and modem as well So that establishes that neither the computer nor modem had any issues and that the router which performed admirably to this point suddenly died Now on to the DLink router After installing the dlink I immediately noticed a huge difference between how it functioned compared to the previous router For some reason most basic web page connections will fail unless - refresh reloads are done on the page I can t say the connection drops completely as I ve played online video games without disconnection but web page viewing has become extremely painful Is there anything I can do with this router to fix this extreme intermittent web page resolving issue nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-wbr-2310-intermittent-wired-web-page-resolving.148047/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have Vodafone Prepay Broadband so I do not have to plug in any cables. However, recently my internet will not connect properly. The Vodem connects properly but I do not get fully connected as the two pcs with a globe do not appear on my toolbar and no pages will load. When I "Diagnose and Repair" is when I get the message telling me that Local Area Connection 2 is unplugged. I do not understand this as I should not have to plug in anything but the Vodem.

A:Local area connection 2 unplugged

is it the vodem stick that plugs into the usb port? and please mention your operating system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-2-unplugged.147533/
Relevancy 22.36%

Right now i have 6 gigs of ram on my computer and over 10 gigs of page file ram. Do i need that? If i didnt use page file ram, would it make my computer faster or slower?

A:I have 6gb ram. Do I still need page file ram?

What OS are you using? Generally the OS allocates the pagefile. No matter how much RAM you have, a certain amount of pagefile is always necessary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-6gb-ram-do-i-still-need-page-file-ram.145859/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum but i really need your help.

Earlier today i experience 2 different BSOD erros at different times, and for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure what the reason is for either of them since i just reformatted earlier today. I have the dump file for each of the BSODs. It is attached.

Could anyone possibly tell me what the problem could be? Thanks in advance

A:BSODs - (driver is mismanaging system PTEs, page fault in non-paged area)

nothing attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-driver-is-mismanaging-system-ptes-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.144785/
Relevancy 30.53%

I went to turn on my Asus P Q-E and got the following It started up but no single beep or BIOS screen Then it turned off for about Please Direction MB Me Fault Help! 0n In Point Right The seconds then it starts back up but no BIOS screen or beep just power to fans etc I have tried clearing the CMOS swapping out memory PSU other known good one does the same Please Help! Point Me In The Right Direction 0n MB Fault thing with the board RAM I know it s good Video Card Is this symptomatic of a bad CPU Or is this my worst fear - I put the video card from this system into my test bed system which has a slightly different board and now it won t even boot although the original board Please Help! Point Me In The Right Direction 0n MB Fault s lights and the test bed system board lights fire up just fine and I can even do power I O and reset from the board I was literally using this system an hour ago shut it down came back to this Could the card have shorted out and is now cooking every board I try it on Have I just trashed perfectly good boards out over Please Help! Point Me In The Right Direction 0n MB Fault a video card Or could it be a bad CPU That is the only part I have not swapped out yet since I wanted to do that last Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Please Help! Point Me In The Right Direction 0n MB Fault

I've had similar problem once with my existing Intel DP35DP board but with my older CPU i.e. C2D E6600 (Conroe), however after spending hours after hours it turned out that the culprit was CPU; and i only needed to clean it (carbon) and when i put it back in and powered the system ... everything worked perfectly well. It doesn't mean its the same for you; perhaps something is shorting out; I don't think your video card should kill boards as you suspect. It could be something minor like in my case.

By the way, funny thing was I had already ordered a new motherboard (suspecting this one is dead) when i thought of checking on the CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-point-me-in-the-right-direction-0n-mb-fault.141570/
Relevancy 21.5%

hi guys Fist of all ty for anyone who can help me I got a hp intel core quads mb memory go fail page not able F11 start - PC boot, Discs to not working on Recovery hard drive NVIDIA gs window xp service pack I am having a big problem here I was downloading a codec when this first happen the blue screen stay like sec then pc reboot choice to start fail since they all lead to he blue screen who stay sec and then restart My Recovery disk are been read since i can press see them with my hard disk but when i try to start with it nothing happen but the blue PC not able to boot, Recovery Discs fail - F11 not working on start page screen for the last hours if try many things if been able with patience and time and focus too see a little bit my error code who looks like i dont know x witch after reading on the internet seem to be x f For now i cannot press f and Reboot when i plug in the pc its unplug if not it only do the same fail by itself for eternity i did deactivated PC not able to boot, Recovery Discs fail - F11 not working on start page auto-restart but it restart and fail anyway please help me thanks nbsp

A:PC not able to boot, Recovery Discs fail - F11 not working on start page

when you hit F8 and disable system automatic restart, it still restarts without displaying the blue screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-able-to-boot-recovery-discs-fail-f11-not-working-on-start-page.141133/
Relevancy 22.36%

Windows 2000 pro
HP DC5000 MB
2 gigs mem
Ok about a month ago I went to surf the web and kept getting "web site found waiting for reply" but the page never loaded.
I used the win 2k install disk, ran the repair and that fixed it. Yesterday the same thing happened "web site found waiting for reply" but the page never loaded, ran the repair again but this time that did not fix it. Help please.

A:Page never loads

Does this happen on all webpages or just one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-never-loads.140610/
Relevancy 29.24%

i am getting a pxe-e61:media test failure check cable fault on my hp nx9005 laptop.
i have removed the hdd from the laptop and installed it in my pc as slave using a 2.5 - 3.5 adaptor with psu. it registers in the bios but not in windows. if i then disconnect the main pc hard drive and set the laptop hdd as master and try and install windows xp using the xp cd it states no hdd present

from this i would take it as the hard drive is damaged/dead

any advice welcome, thanks

A:HP nx9005 pxe-e61: Media test failure check cable fault

So you have placed the laptop Hard Drive in place of your Desktop CD/DVD Drive? (as is what I usually do)
And your Windows version cannot see it in My Computer?

With the 2,5" Drive in place of the removed CD/DVD Drive (on its own IDE Cable)
And with the current Desktop system drive still connected (also on its own IDE Cable)

Go to start > Run > diskmgmt.msc > ok
Can you now see your drive?

If so, confirm the Volume type is Healthy and running NTFS (just like your main drive?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nx9005-pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable-fault.138216/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, I have a fujitsu laptop,,,,which I used to use which my modern via local arena connection,,,but 1 day my friend did something to it and now when I connect the jak the pc does not connect?????now I can't see local area network on my network places,,What happens how can I get it back to work. Br gsmnikki

A:Local area connection help

If you can't see the LAN connection listed under Network Connections, your friend probably uninstalled the driver.

1) Open Device Manager. Do you see the network adapter? Rt click and uninstall
2) Now go to the support site for your computer (e.g. Dell, HP, ASUS, etc) download the network driver and reinstall it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-help.139474/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA6

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-message-partmgr-sys.137335/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm plugged into my router (Linksys wrt54g v8) and my connection still says "Limited or no connectivity". I'm running win xp 64 bit sp2. I tried uninstalling my ethernet connection. I've tried winsock xp and it didn't work, I've tried cmd netsh winsock reset. I've tried to repair the connection and it says "Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address" and I've also tried resetting the modem and router. Can anyone help me?

A:Local Area Connection Issues

Was your internet working previous to this problem? If it was, have you changed any settings? Theres a way you can set a static IP, and that would stop your IP from renewing. Also, are there any other computers working on the network?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-issues.134305/
Relevancy 28.38%

greetings from South Africa,
I am very new to forums and do not know the correct protocol.
So be gentle with me?
I have a KM4AM Motherboard and the drivers etc.
I bought and installed two LG super multi DVD drives.
When connecting it up I noticed that there was a cable connected to the old secondart CD dive and appeared to go to the motherboard??
I do not know if I unplugged it - however I get the title of my thread when I boot up.
It says 'new found hardware' - Parrallel device'

Any suggestions please

A:Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged

The "Parallel" device is the port driver for your LG DVD drives. You have 2 parallel ports on the motherboard. The blue port is for IDE hard drives. The white port is for your IDE (parallel) DVD drives. How are you connecting to the Internet? The "Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged" message indicates that there is no network cable connected to the motherboards network port. Your Cable or DSL modem attaches to this port

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.134325/
Relevancy 15.05%

hi.

my system:

gigabyte X48TDQ6 mobo
qx9650cpu
gtx285
2X2gb ocz ddr3 1600mhz

my problem:

i have run my system for about a year with q6600 cpu with no problems with this mobo,memory,graphic card.

yesterday i have changed my cpu to qx9650 with the intel stock cpu fan. when i play games after 20 minutes i get bsod and the system reboot even in regular use on desktop.

the cpu temp in idele is about 27 deg. (not seems beacuse overhit)

on bios everythind on standart/auto (no o.c).

i upgrade my bios revision.

the bsod is "not less or equel" something:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000010000002
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020BCAC1
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

thanx 4 any help.

A:Bsod after replacing cpu

look on the box the CPU came in, or run CPU-z and see what the revision is. If it is an E0 you need BIOS F8D beta to run that CPU. At least that is what Gigabyte is showing for that CPU on the GA-X48-DQ6 mobo. I couldn't find a GA-X48-TDQ6 mobo listed on their site. Typo or wrong region possibly? Also check windows updates. There may be something for that CPU, or maybe you need more than SP1 on your OS? Your BSOD screen by the way is referencing a failure to read paged memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-replacing-cpu.134111/
Relevancy 14.62%

I came home from a vacation after summer everything was my and Just computer new installed now processor gets BSOD's 955) (X4 already Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's set up in my computer except that I had sold Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's the Phenom X before I left which left my computer well CPU-less When I came back I bought a new Phenom X So I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it No I m not overclocking the CPU No I m not doing anything else out of the ordinary I ve had this processor installed for at least a week now My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I can t take this anymore I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft so that I can view the BSOD error codes etc etc So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time I just need to know how to fix it The three BSOD s I ve been getting are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE nbsp

A:Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-new-processor-x4-955-and-now-my-computer-gets-bsods.133084/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi i have been getting random bsod when playing games and sometimes watching videos online says video driver stopped responding sometimes bsod sometimes it recovers says to upgrade drivers which i have doesnt help it has done this with every driver i have installed.

vista home premium
asus p5q pro
ati 4780 512
2/2g corsiar dominator
e 8400 @ 3.00
XFI PLATINUM
pc power +cooling 750 w
2/300g vel raptor hd raid o

hers the mini dump please help

A:Random bsod video drivers

Your video card may be over heating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-video-drivers.132166/
Relevancy 15.05%

Can t seem to find any solutions to this ongoing problem Currently Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M BSOD, using WinDbg to debug issue however I am not having much luck Here are the two latest BSOD Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image navex sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for navex sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for navex sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b d ba b Probably caused by navex sys navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg b d ba The address that the exception occurred at Arg b Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h TRAP FRAME b -- trap xffffffffb ErrCode eax ebx e ecx edx esi e caa edi e e a eip b d ba esp b ebp b iopl nv up ei pl nz ac po cy cs ss ds es fs gs efl navex x f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h ds ac Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT SERVER MINIDUMP BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME vbda exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b d e to b d ba STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b b d e e d e e e a navex x f ba b bc b d b e e f e navex x e e b d b a c e d ff b ac navex x e b b a e e f f e dd acd b ac navex x a c b b b a e e e d c e dd acd navex x ce b c b d navex x d e b c e e d c nt ExFreePoolWithTag x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME navex f ba FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME navex IMAGE NAME navex sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b c FAILURE BUCKET ID x E navex f ba BUCKET ID x E navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b ef a b a a c Probably caused by hardware afd AfdTransmitFile a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very com... Read more

A:BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M

you might want to post this in operating system and software.
i would suggest reinstalling windows myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel_mode_exception_not_handled_m.130798/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am running a computer using Vista and I just moved it from one room to area fixing network help local Need my another Before moving the computer Need help fixing my local area network I had no problems running both Xbox Live and my internet connection on the computer My connection Need help fixing my local area network is a DSL service through SBC and it runs through a D-Link Router that has slots for ethernet cables as shown below - - - - - There are four immediately next to each other on the left and one set apart slightly farther to the right When I Need help fixing my local area network have my three cables one for the modem one for my xbox and one for my computer in the slots on the left I can connect to the internet through my computer as they are right now but not through my Xbox If I move the cable for my computer over to the slot farthest on the right I can connect to Xbox LIve but I can t connect to the internet through my computer If anybody could provide any sort of solution it would be greatly appreciated EDIT Is there a chance that it could be my ethernet cable While I may have moved the computer from one room to another the only change I really made at all was using a longer ethernet cable for my computer to my router nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-fixing-my-local-area-network.130889/
Relevancy 15.05%

Just got a gift from a friend. A Panasonic CF48E. Put a new HD in it, Installed WIN XP pro, and was happy... NO sound.. Looking at the Control panell, looks like the Multimedia Audio Controller has a ( ! ) in the yellow circle. Downloaded what seems to be the correct drivers for it, ir starts to install but mid installation I get the Blue SOD, that says portcls.sys, and it shuts down, and restarts the laptop real fast ( no time to read what the blue screen says..
Anyone see that problem before?
Any solutions? I read all kinds of suggestions, but none work.
Help please.

A:Panasonic CF-48 E Portcls.sys BSOD

Try here:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp?cm_mmc=PCSC_Toughbook-_-iProspect_PPC%20-_-Google-_-panasonic%20toughbook

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-cf-48-e-portcls-sys-bsod.130384/
Relevancy 15.05%

i was redirected here from the BSOD help as it may be a hardware problem I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP media center edition with SP and whenever i try logging in it either boots me before loading up or within the first - seconds i have tried running in the last good configuration and safe mode but they dont work it just shuts off without a blue screen the screen has had trouble in the past and doesnt work well now so it is plugged into a computer monitor could that be the reason its having problems the thing is it has used this monitor for a good months at least before having problems I lent the laptop to my girlfriend so she could have a computer in her room with internet then it started doing this there is nothing of major importance on this computer so i really just wanna do a full system restore or repair but i dont know how The system wont stay on long enough and i dont have my cd key either i did just have one successful log in with an error report i am doing the list of things in and log hardly can BSOD microsoft says to do currently looking for updated drivers EDIT BSOD d then got back in and performed a BSOD and can hardly log in quick scan found nothing doing a full scan in hopes it finds something helpful nbsp

A:BSOD and can hardly log in

Memory or failing hard drive... You may have to take it in for service. What kind of scan, memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-can-hardly-log-in.129603/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

A:BSOD on XP SP3

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:

? A Stop 0xBE message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.Click to expand...

Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
Avira ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/41-antivir-personal-edition.html
or Avast ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-xp-sp3.129345/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello... I'm new here.

I was using my laptop and there were updates. So I installed them before shutting down... but after I checked up on it again, there was a BSOD. The error was Stop Error 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Somebody help me please. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747.

Thank you

A:Toshiba Laptop BSOD

Re: 0x50 errors

Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

? If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

? Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.Click to expand...

Can you boot to safe mode? (f8 after power up - and after bios password if enabled).
From safe mode, right click on my computer, click on properties, click on "hardware" tab, click on "device manager" button.
Check for yellow or red flags... roll back drivers these drivers if possible.

I would like for you to check for memory errors as well...
Use Memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Since these errors can have many causes...
I would like for you also to go to the Virus and Malware board, and follow carefully the 8 steps.
See here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Until we can get a stable system for you, you may need to download the tools to another computer, and then burn them to a cd for use on the Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-bsod.129164/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi

When I try to use winrar to unrar a compressed file or something like that, it appears de blue screen and I hear the sound of the hard disk powering down I think (it's the same noise that the hard drive makes when I turn off my computer)

This problem started few days ago when I installed Jdownloader but I don't thing that the problem is related to it.

History: a year ago I got 2 hard drives in raid 1 mode and they failed but the disks are ok. I think that failed the motherboard's raid controller or disk controller. I've got the same mother with a diferent hard disk for a year ago.

Please help!

thanks
August

A:Bsod, Kernel Stack Input Error

Sounds like a memory problem... Test the system memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel-stack-input-error.129257/
Relevancy 14.62%

i am having a little bit of an inconvenience with this pesky bsod error message it reads hardware malfunction call your hardware vendor for support NMI Parity check memory parity error the system has halted i have been skimming through forum threads from around of people having a similar problem but they all had dells and it occurred mostly in laptops i have got a heavily modded hp d small form factor desktop in fact the malfunction error hardware Bsod only thing i have that has anything to do with dell is my two monitors and a little CAT wired network Bsod hardware malfunction error pci adapter i installed a gig of ddr Kingston ram a agp video card and that dell net adapter all at the same time the problem started happening like a couple of weeks after that the old thread that i found is pages long and i haven t had time to read the whole thing i think it is that netcard but i dont want to open up my case take it out and the problem still occur so i wanted to know if anyone knew whether it is or isn t the problem b c like i said i upgraded other stuff at the same time thanks zach nbsp

A:Bsod hardware malfunction error

The parity check error is a likely pointer to defective (or poorly seated) memory,
Please run memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Note that memtest should be allowed to run a minimum of 7 full passes. Each pass has eight tests of inclreasing complexity. This means that it will run a while. Allowing it to run overnight should give it enough time. Since it runs from its own environment, windows bsod will not be a problem. Any errors means you have one or more defective memory modules. If you find errors, you may wish to run Memtest on each module. If you bought the memory as a kit, you will likely need to RMA both modules.

Please also include some of your minidumps as attachments to your next post.
The name and model of your MB would also help. Some MB's are notoriously touchy about the ram that you use. If your Kingston ram is not on the MB maker's list for your board, this may be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-hardware-malfunction-error.129155/
Relevancy 21.93%

ok here goes to the best of my descriptive powers.

my computer scree is to light, and the graphics are missing. I must have changed something and now I cannot seem to correct it.

its like its missing where to click example if i am on a page i regularly visit i know where
the places are or i guess, if i place the cursor over that invisible point the hand indicates that i can click.

is this making sense? the pages are not vibrant and are blank in places i have a hp 6400
and i am using a usb stick wireless but it does the same thing when wired at work.

thanks please walk me through the steps to correct.

A:Internet web page graphics setting

You might need to reinstall your graphics drivers. These can be found on the HP support site using the model number of the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-web-page-graphics-setting.128819/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,

I've been playing EVE online on my HP510 fine for several months when all of a sudden I am getting a blue screen with reference to Page in non paged area - further down the screen it mentions ialmdev5.dll. The machine uses a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset for it's graphics and has worked fine the last couple of months.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site site, and have run 3x different memory test programmes - none of which found an error since I understand there can be RAM issues which cause this.

I am a little confused what could suddenly stp the thig from working - there was no patch and I have not installed new software,

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now - any ideas or help?

A:BSOD - possible graphics problem?

ialmdev5.dll is an intel chipset driver. Go to HP's support site under your computers model and download and install the Intel Chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-possible-graphics-problem.128495/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey people Now i know theres probably alot of threads on this topic already but this problem is a Just sick bsod problem - this ATI of about little different to what people have been describing I just helped my friend build his computer and i recommended all the pieces and put it all together installed everything etc Anyway about - minutes into a game it ll crash to the bsod Here s the interesting bit I used to have an ati card myself and it would do the exact same thing with every game i played My friends on the other hand so far its only doing it on NFS - Undercover and the latest Prince of Persia My hypothesis is the game loads into the ram but somehow or another the ati drivers do something crazy and stop unused data from being discarded Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod out of the ram so it fills up the ram Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod then the pagefile then crashes to bsod Thats my theory If anyone has any idea of what Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod the hell is going on here it ll be greatly appreciated Here s his pc s specs case - nzxt tempest psu - antec truepower quattro w mobo - asus m a deluxe cpu - amd phenom am ghz ram - corsair ddr x gb mhz model no AL-TWIN X - C DF graphics - gigabyte hd hhd - seagate barracuda tb os - windows vista ultimate x sp I came to that hypothesis because when i had my ati card depending on the amount of ram the game used greatly factored how long it would take to crash to bsod I ve been looking around and so far i ve found these theories of how to fix it ati drivers werent tested properly on -bit vista the latest CCC drivers screw up big-time its dodgy memory There s alot more i could list but they re just a load of crap i m pretty damn sure its not the memory since we played crysis warhead on it for hours straight It could be the CCC but i dont think it is if it was i think it d be more of a driver problem then anything else which means uninstalling CCC won t make a difference I m really thinking it s a vista -bit problem but i cant find out until he brings the comptuer back over to my house So does anyone think they know whats going on here I m not a junior in computer repair i ve built and repaired plenty of laptops and computers to know what i m doing but i ve never needed to use a debug program so i might need some insight into how to do that if anyone needs a debug report or whatever Again thanks nbsp

A:Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod

Try updating the ASUS motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-about-sick-of-this-problem-ati-bsod.128178/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 14.62%

After fitting 8gb of crucial ram in my pc, i went back to crucials website to try out the memory scanner tool just out of curiosity. As soon as i try to run it it gives me an instant BSOD!! This happens on my brothers pc also. He has 8gb of diffrent brand ram. Any one else have/had this problem?

Its not really a big issue, im just curious.

A:Crucial memory scanner BSOD

Does this really matter? If everthing else works ok...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crucial-memory-scanner-bsod.128140/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey guys...

i hope you guys can help me....i'm really having a hard time figuring out why pc goes blue screen of death whenever i play with garena(gg client)....when i had vista...it always crashes(bsod) even on 1v1!!!!i switched to xp and it still crashes 6 out of 10 times.....but when i play on my own...it doesnt bsod... the worst thing it can do is shut the program....only happens rarely.....

i have a laptop computer with:

T2050 1.6 ghz
2gb ram
intel gma 950

i hope you guys can help me with my problem.....thanks!!!

A:BSOD on warcraft dota?

The laptop may be overheating...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-warcraft-dota.128090/
Relevancy 15.05%

Wondering if anyone can help figure out why I'm getting this error.
Stop 0x0000008E(0x00000092,0xA65CDFEC,0xBA4D3BC8,0x00000000)
CHDAU32.sys Address A65CDFEC base at A65BD000
DATE STAMP 4851C198
My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 model 2765T6U. I purchased it in January of this year and I'm upset that there is already a major error.

Other specs: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26Ghz with Intel Turbo Memory (2GB)
Cache Memory L2 Cache 3MB
Ram: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066mhz PC2-8500
HD 160GB 7200 rpm
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470

Since it was just purchased there have been no hardware changes. Thanks for the help.

A:Help with BSOD

Read: All about Minidumps and diagnosing them

Please check: Start-> Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump
For any Minidumps to Attach

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bsod.127861/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Windows XP, and an Ethernet Cable is connected to by a wireless router. It says everything is connected to the Internet, but when I try to go on IE, or Firefox its "Page cannot be found" I try refreshing, and still nothing. Right now I'm on a computer that works ( as why I can post this now) but the other one in a different room doesnt work. I'll post any information as needed. Thanks!!

A:Reload this Page Connected but no Internet (Windows XP)

Hi

1) try swapping out the cable between the PC and the wireless router.

2) go into device manager (start settings control panel system hardware device manager) and see if your network card is listed.

3) if its listed then click start run and type cmd and press enter in the black box type ipconfig and post the details back here. we can see if its getting an address.

4) if 2 shows and error then right click and uninstall the card and reboot and let windows find it again and it should reinstall it,

I wont go any further until you post back with what you have tested so far, then we can go from there.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reload-this-page-connected-but-no-internet-windows-xp.127289/
Relevancy 15.05%

Got BSOD with xcfe.sys address 93606F02 base at 93605000 datestamp 4899d276.

I am currently not able to get computer to post at all no other issues before hand

7750 Kuma
780g FullHD ASROCK
4670 Radeon
4GB (2X2GB) OCZ Ram
Vista Ultimate

A:Xcfe.sys BSOD

No idea what that is. Is the CPU fan running and can you hear the hard drive spinning? Remove all peripherals inside the computer (if it's not a laptop) then put them in one at a time, turning off the computer before installing the next peripheral, then on again etc. If the computer works without one of the devices then you found the culprit. Do the same with the RAM if you have more than one module. Could be a number of things. Also test the power supply with a multimeter or power supply tester. Let us know?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xcfe-sys-bsod.127588/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I got a new Inspiron laptop just a couple of days ago Its a T C D Ghz processor intel chipset with integrated graphics gb ram I had to reinstall vista after it went into Multiple BSOD a continuous loop - configuring updates shutting down confiiguring updates - after some windows updates None of the windows startup repair options worked Now after the reintall I am getting a lot of BSODs errors shown are IRQL Multiple BSOD NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT REGISTRY ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA most common being memory mgmt chkdsk shows no errors the memory test in the startup repair shows hardware errors with a msg that I need to contact the manufacturer Have updated all drivers and the bios but all that has changed is that the number of bsod instances have reduced from per hr to or Also in several instances the BSOD is preceded by services such as RPC Bluetooth wireless shutting down with the event viewer showing registry is corrupted Not sure what the problem is though have a feeling its something to do with a faulty RAM nbsp

A:Multiple BSOD

If you want to test your RAM use memtest:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bsod.124531/
Relevancy 15.05%

Im working on my friends computer and it keeps crashing Specs MSI MS- Ver Intel Celeron Ghz MB Kingston PC New nVidia GeForce Mb AGP x GB Hitachi Hard Drive Sony DVD CD Burner watt Thermaltake PSU At first the on-board VGA stopped working I replaced it with a even reformat BSOD after Random AGP card and it worked fine for a month before it started having problems The original of the original ram sticks in bank stopped working Kept getting random BSOD s so I tossed the old Random BSOD even after reformat ram and left in the new Kingston stick Installed the new stick and it still BSOD s randomly They were very random but I got one written down x E xC x xB x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I thought Ram So I ran the stick on both DIMM slots with memtest multiple times and it found NO errors CPU temp oC at idle Random BSOD even after reformat cleaned heatsink applied AS still BSOD Next I broke the system down to the basics PSU CPU RAM Video card HD CD drive STILL BSOD Next I swapped out the PSU still BSOD Test hard drive with HDAT Hitachi drive fitness passed Reformat HD and reinstall Xp Pro not loading any Mobo drivers still BSOD Installed Mobo drivers minus nVidia drivers still BSOD Removed front panel USB connectors Swapped HD full format reinstall OS still BSOD Swapped Video card still BSOD BIOS is up to date only add-in card is the Video card I am at a loss spending wayy too much time on this thing Any help would be appreciated I know mini-dump files would be some help but I just re-formatted the HD again and havent reloaded the OS yet and im beat for now The only things I havent crossed out are the CPU and Mobo Are there any DOS based programs that I can use to test it The only boot disk I have ATM is Hirens Im guessing the Mobo may have crapped out especially since the on-board Video broke The on-board LAN works intermittently The system was built by another dude two years ago I dont see any damge on the Mobo Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random BSOD even after reformat

Sounds like the Chipset is knackered to be honest, it seems to be having problems across the entire spectrum, so I'd say it's the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-even-after-reformat.126725/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all,
I would like some input from the more learned in the room. Since DDR2 is so cheap, and as someone else in here put it, my enthusiast OCD wont let there be empty dimms on my board, I filled er up with 8GB of OCZ. and 4gb of it is pretty much useless. a while back i read up on turning off the page file. its a strange subject as experts seem to be split on weather this is a good idea or not. from what i can tell the page file is an antiquated relic,like memory mapped IO reservations, from when 64mb was a lot of ram. does anyone have any experience with this? , and know how to use it to increase performance? would like to hear from you. thanks

A:Page file input

modern system use pagefiles!

in fact, the whole system uses the model

Code:
program ---> accesses Virtual Memory <---> real memory
This allows large programs to run even when there is only a limited amount of real RAM on the platform.

Using multiple programming model then allows many programs to use the VM
at the expense of stealing memory pages from other programs which are currently not active.

Unless you have x64 hardware, that 8gb is fruitless and XP will limit the effective use to something between 3-4gb.

Don't out smart yourself nor swim up-stream -- just go with the flow and be happy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-file-input.126496/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hiya,

I have wireless broadband on my laptop and there is a Protected Mode On, which I think is part of the built in firewall in the trial antivirus programme. It lets me download certain websites like this one, for example, but it won't let me go into Googlemail and comes up with the message in the title.

Is there anyway I can fix this. I googled it and another forum has said to go into Control Panel, Systems and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, Scheduled Tasks. Under "Active Tasks" double-click on "InternetServicesand offers", left click to highlight and press Delete to delete this.

Is this an advisable step to take?

Compused

A:Navigation to the web page was cancelled

Is this in Vista, Internet Explorer 8? If so, go to "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced", select "Reset"... You might have an Add-On that is causing this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/navigation-to-the-web-page-was-cancelled.125929/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all well i m hoping you guys can help I have recently purchased a new system i GTX and Msi Pro mobo with some ram of course I m getting random BSODs From what I can tell anyway I performed the memtest thingy all night last night with no errors I first installed XP sp on it and started getting BSOD randomly so I installed help new i7 Pro BSOD GTX260 MSI Windows bit which I have on it now however the same thing is BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help happening I m usually quite good with these BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help things but this time i need help I ve done the searches on the net but to no avail I dont know where to go next I m considering buying a test vid card for bucks just so see if it still happens with it installed but dont really want to Oh some specs Inno d GTX drivers - not oc d Corsair HX psu i - stock speed not OC d in any way MSI pro x -latest Bios crappy kingston gb ram all they had at the time Win Bit - fresh install build x WD Gb hdds in Raid Antec case As far as I can tell the ram is ok I ve tried changing the pci slot that the vid card is in but same thing Latest nvidia drvs for Win bit Hope to hear from you all soon nbsp

A:BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help

hi wolf

Please upload your minidumps so we can have them analysed.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-new-i7-gtx260-msi-pro-help.126116/
Relevancy 15.05%

I keep getting BSODs with either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Ive have attached two of the latest minidumps

A:BSOD - PAGE_FAULT and DRIVER_IRQL

System specs including OS & SP would help. I am looking at a dump right now, assuming XP sp3
Your error on the second dump was 0x50 ...
But the Widbg report points to Vista... so you are not running XP...
I suspect this information is still valid.

This kind of error is usually associated with a memory problem.
Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org
Let it run for at least seven passes and see what it comes up with.
There are 8 tests per pass, and it will take a while...
If you start getting errors, you can stop, and remove one stick ... test the sticks one at a time to isolate the issue.
If your memory comes up clean, we can explore other options, but this is the likely place to start.

From MS

These errors may be caused by one or more of the following:

* Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
* Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
* Drivers installed by third-party software.

RESOLUTION
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following: Replace the f...
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following:

* Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
* Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
* Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.Click to expand...

Your first dump showed a different error.... 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers/buggy software.
the analysis points to ntoskrnl.exe which is too general to help. In another case, video drivers were at issue...

Questions...
Are your video drivers updated?
Did your issues begin after starting some new activity? (like a new Game perhaps?)
Since both errors (0x50 and 0xD1) can point at drivers, this might be the place to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page_fault-and-driver_irql.126443/
Relevancy 15.05%

This is a problem I ve been having for some months now I ve tried to troubleshoot my entire computer from day one and I ve gotten rid of lots of different problems One problem remains wont BSOD after PC boot though Some times often during the night or other times where I m AFK for a longer period of time - hours maybe shorter I get an ugly BSOD on my screen After this BSOD my computer wont boot In order to make the computer boot up I have to manually flash the BIOS something that gets very annoying in the long run What happens is I shut it down removing the BSOD I then turn it back on but no components are responding The screen is black gets no signal the keyboard has no signal the num- and capslock lights doesn t respond and the mouse s lazer is off I can t hear the HDD working either Has anyone got any idea what is going on PC wont boot after BSOD The BSOD BCCode returned is as follows BCCode c BCP C E BCP C BCP B BCP OSVer SP Product The quot BCCode C quot error is not familiar to me I can t even figure out what it is using Google so I guess this is sort of a last resort I would also like to know what Product is This product ID has appeared on every BSOD error I have gotten so that would probably help out a lot I hope some of you can help it would be greatly appreciated Specs Corsair Powersupply W Black ATX EPS MSI P Platinum Corsair Dominator TWIN X C D MB Intel Core Duo E GHz HIS Radeon HD MB IceQ nbsp

A:PC wont boot after BSOD

"I have to manually flash the BIOS"...

Do you actually mean "reset" the bios?

Does the computer keep the correct time when it is running? The CMOS battery may be dead or the motherboard is defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-after-bsod.126362/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi all Recently i have been having problems with my geforce gt agp video card In games mostly ut k after a while the computer will freeze for about seconds then crash with a bsod saying that my video bsod loop 6600gt with Infinite driver was caught in an Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt infinite loop I am using driver version These drivers use to work perfectly with this card I have been using them for months and had no problems until recently I heard that these are the best drivers for this card I tried reinstalling the video drivers which worked for about an hour but then it crashed again After uninstalling the drivers i made sure every trace of the old install was gone by using driver cleaner pro so the drivers shouldn t be corrupt or conflicting with something Ive also tried other driver versions but they had the same issues The card does not seem to be overheating At the time it crashed the temp measured degrees Could this be an issue with my video card Could it have something wrong with it Or am i overlooking something here Thanks Nissanman nbsp

A:Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt

If you've already tried Driver Cleaner Pro, perhaps giving Driver Sweeper a try might produce better results. It's a very similar program, but I've used it many times and I've found, on some occasions, it to work a little better than Cleaner. Have you recently patched the game or downloaded any additional content for it. Have you tried reinstalling the game? 66 degrees is a little toasty, but it shouldn't crash the card unless the thermal is starting to lose its heat dissipation. You could always reapply some thermal compound, like Arctic Silver, to the core and see what happens. If you have the fan running at stock speeds, you can download RivaTuner to adjust it during games. Usually, a game will start to lag a bit, there may be some artifacts, and then it will quit if the video card is overheating. A BSOD is usually the product of misconfigured or incompatible software (i.e. the display driver). In your case, it's the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-bsod-with-6600gt.124560/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a problem with a pretty old sistem: spontaneous restarts and BSODs.
I formatted and reinstalled the OS,
I tested the RAM with MEMTEST86(no problem),
I tested the HARD DISK(no problem),
I changed the IDE cable,
I changed the power supply(500w),
I changed the Video and the problem persists.

my sistem :
- amd sempron 1800+
- 512 MB RAM pc3200
- asus a7n8x
- nvidia nforce fx5200
- dvdrw teac
- hdd western digital 200gb

I forgot to mention that sometimes i receive the message :"Warning!cpu overspeed!" when BIOS performs the "system inventory" and sometimes my cpu figures "1150Mhz", altough sometimes my cpu figures "1800+".

I hope you can help me with some advices.Sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod, restarts - please help

Your motherboard is old. It might have some bulging capacitors around the CPU. Be prepared to buy a new motherboard, CPU, video card and memory... Or save for an entirely new computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-restarts-please-help.125768/
Relevancy 14.62%

I can t seem to get my cpu past ghz without getting bsod right after the windows loading screen Is it just my rigs limit or is there any way to get it past ghz My specs are motherboard ga-m sli-s rev cpu amd athlon windsor ram becuase wintec is a quot registered dealer of aeneon memory quot i have gb sticks of wintec ampx ddr and gb sticks of aeneon ddr that say wintec ampx on them psu bfg tech LS- os windows vista bit home basic oem The multiplier is at and I cannot get the cpu or is it really the fsb but my bios says cpu past without a crash at the windows loading screen and I have tried changing the cpu voltage a little but not the memory voltage My temperature never gets past c with the cpu or is it the fsb at during stability tests I noticed in easy tune it says that my ram has been overclocked as well is that why its been crashing Here is a picture of my bios overclocking options http i photobucket com albums oo giganotasaurus bios overclocking jpg nbsp

A:Can't get CPU past 3ghz without bsod after windows loading screen

You might be able to get to higher speeds by pushing the CPU voltage, but that would make it run hotter. Core temperature scales in a linear fashion as core speed in MHz is increased, but core temperature scales geometrically when voltage is increased. In addition to higher temps, voltage increases reduce the life of the CPU. So basically I'm saying bump the voltage (at your own risk).

Make sure you're not FSB or memory limited by putting the CPU multiplier as high as it goes and the memory at the lowest possible speed. Put memory voltage to ~2.1v. I don't remember much about overclocking AMDs besides that basic kind of stuff.

According to The Overclocking World Record Database, the world record for Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor core is 4151.4 MHz with a 1.68v core voltage. Setting your CPU to this sort of voltage is likely dangerous, but I'm just throwing that out there for you to show that 3 GHz is not the limit of these CPUs. Your particular chip might not clock any higher though so don't get excited

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-cpu-past-3ghz-without-bsod-after-windows-loading-screen.125423/
Relevancy 15.05%

Here s my problem a couple of weeks ago I started getting the BSOD with the most frequent message of quot Beginning physical memory dump quot Eventually I formatted and reinstalled windows still no success I ve updated drivers added registry scanners But no matter what (BSOD) Assistance appreciated I do the system gets worse I thought maybe it was because of a conflict with something I got from windows update But I m not tech savvy enough to diagnose and fix it I ve attached my PC stats from everest and I ve zipped and attached my minidumps If anyone could help me fix this it would make my day Also here are the logs from my event viewer I only have the ones since I reformatted Please let me know if you need more (BSOD) Assistance appreciated info EDIT Okay there is a forum for BSOD errors any chance a mod could move this thread I tried reloading the winzip (BSOD) Assistance appreciated file for some reason its not going through nbsp

A:(BSOD) Assistance appreciated

Sounds like unstable hardware, probably a power supply issue. Do you have another power supply that you can try?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-assistance-appreciated.125312/
Relevancy 14.62%

Just bought a new pc and a seperate copy of windows vista ultimate. I inserted the disk and I got to the screen that said "loading windows files" then after this it went black for a second the blue screen of death appeared.The first part of the error code was 0.0000007F and the rest were 0's. Anybody had this or know what it could mean? Here are the build

G31-M7 TE motherboard
intel quad-core 6600 processor
4GB ram
geforce 9800GT
1TB sata hard drive

A:BSOD on boot installing vista on new pc

When I read your issue I thought to myself, "That sounds like a memory issue." Here is the code and definition:

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Try this: Take out one stick of RAM at a time and try to load it. Any BSODs?

Do this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html The good thing about this test is it engages almost immediately as you boot-up.

It could be your harddrive as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-boot-installing-vista-on-new-pc.125316/
Relevancy 14.62%

I get this BSOD

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : B941DF72 BCP3 : B404EBE0
BCP4 : B404E8DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I downloaded new drivers, disable specs on the CPU (e8500) as recommended, but 3d game crash out regularly after about 30 mins or so.

Asus p5n-d is a bit of a dodgy MOBO but I tried everything that has been recommended including bios flashes, memory check, cpu heat checks and rectifying the correct nforce 750i drivers...latest windows updates...etc...

What is the crash? hardware or software? I have a Proline 500w psu and also run a single xfx geforce 9800gt, Intel core 2 duo e8500 wolfdale, Kingston ddr2 667 mem, 200 gig sata seagate hardrive and a cathode ray 17" monitor.

any clues ideas, other than a sledge hammer. Your help will be appreciated.

A:BSOD BCCode : 1000007e random crashes from what?

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell the causes of this error are very diverse which makes it a difficult one, sometimes, to pin down. For clarification, are your BSODs only while doing 3d gaming? What about video card heat checks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bccode-1000007e-random-crashes-from-what.125137/
Relevancy 29.67%

This first started out as a problem installing some of the larger programs such has Adobe CS and Microsoft Office I had a seperate thread on that located here Memory at Fault? Sticks or Mobo failed, Memtest http www techspot com vb topic html After a lot of troubleshooting I believe that my problem exists in the RAM I ran the memtest for both sticks of ram individually and they both failed The first stick will cause my computer to reboot in the middle of the test The other stick I will get a message that says unexpected interrupt Memtest failed, Mobo or Memory Sticks at Fault? halting CPU So here s my question Is the memory sticks at fault or my mobo I want to go ahead and ask for advice so I know if I should buy new RAM or get my mobo replaced These are my specs for my computer AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processor GHz GIgabyte GA-MA -UD Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition V SP Corsair Dual Channel TWINX MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB Can someone confirm that I m using the right memory It s not listed on the Gigabyte s website as one of their supported ones but it also says that many are not listed Any help on this would be great I ve tried testing the memory on other slots with same results and tried cleaning it with an eraser Thanks nbsp

A:Memtest failed, Mobo or Memory Sticks at Fault?

Your board specs say PC2 9600 or DDR2 1200 memory, like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227347

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest-failed-mobo-or-memory-sticks-at-fault.124260/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was on my desktop gaming as usual when a lovely BSOD flashed on my screen just quickly enough for me to not be able to read anything it said and then my computer restarted. After it restarted none of my hard drives show up in my bios and i cant get past the loadup screen seeing as how there is no windows showing up. I have 3 internal drives and 1 external that no longer show up in my Bios. I don't think that all 4 could have simultaneously failed and on top of that they are all relatively new. PLEASE someone help me, I have a project to finish before tomorrow

A:No hard drives after BSOD - help

Reset the motherboard's bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-drives-after-bsod-help.124986/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi all annoying little problem i had a virus called iamfamous dll 1300 Fault Battery Inspiron Meter which i have removed but now Inspiron 1300 Battery Meter Fault my system is working fine or at least i thought i noticed my Inspiron 1300 Battery Meter Fault battery meter is missing from the tray next to the time and date ive googled this a million times every says untick the box in power options to always show then retick ive tried this about times lol next trick was to install dell quickset which still didnt show me how much battery i have left the battery status on dell quickset is greyed out and on my inspiron the fn f to bring up battery meter doesnt work any with a similar problem or someone who has a solution for me please help some screenshots are attached also no more warnings are popping up about critically low battery and so sometimes when power cable is loose laptop will just power down not knowing much about computers but id say mayb theres an error from the pc communicating with windows as its running from battery but wont display info about battery and im on XP professional sorry about the format jpeg was taking ages to upload nbsp

A:Inspiron 1300 Battery Meter Fault

Try doing a Dell restore of the OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1300-battery-meter-fault.123939/
Relevancy 14.62%

All right here goes About six HD ATI AGP 2600 Diamond Radeon Pro BSOD months ago I installed a new graphics card ATI Radeon HD Pro AGP from Diamond Multimedia in my aging Dell Dimension along with some new RAM GB After some initial difficulties with the Blue Screen of Death I was able to get it to work simply it stopped But now they re back and worse than ever The most recent one was titled quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot and cited the file quot ntfs sys quot Also my computer is running a bit slower and quot Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD My Computer quot refuses to open no error just nothing happens when I double click on it I ve tried reinstalling the drivers that came on the CD there are none online I ve checked and I ve gotten it to work but it still gives me the BSOD seemingly without reason The errors have been happening more frequently as time goes on and seemingly without reason Even as I am typing this another one has occurred as I attempted to login Another quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot I ll attach the minidumps as soon as I can get into My Computer I m about ready to boot into safe mode Thanks I m kind of desperate Arcelios nbsp

A:Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD

I almost forgot; I keep getting a message saying that some of my registry data had to be recovered from a backup copy, and that the recovery was successful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-ati-radeon-hd-2600-pro-agp-bsod.124422/
Relevancy 14.62%

Specs Intel Core Duo E Processor BX E - GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Wolfdale Dual-Core Retail Socket Processor with Fan MPN BX E and 9800 with reboot Nvidia BSOD Crash 1GB GX2 XFX nForce i -Way SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce i Socket ATX Audio PCI Express Dual Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB Firewire Serial ATA RAID MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB MB-N -ISH XFX GeForce GX Video Card - Extreme Edition FREE Call Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB of Duty PC Game GB DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDMI MPN PVT UZHEU Corsair Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB MPN TWIN X - C DHX Seagate Barracuda TB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM MPN ST AS SY Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB ULT-LSP Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP OEM Version MPN E - A The Problem I knew better the last time I opened Nvidia Control panel Performance I got this same problem But I have updated the drivers since then and now it seems worse I just opened up the performance tab I didn t even get to see the settings load before it crashed I get a quick BSOD flash and then a reboot It reboots back up without any problems then within a few minutes it reboots again I have started in safe mode with network enabled and it hasn t given me any problems I am not sure what I did last time to fix the problem I just remembered I shouldn t go anywhere near the performance settings Just like this time simply clicking on the tab to view the settings crashed the computer But last time the crash only happened when I clicked that tab Now it seems to crash within a few minutes after restarting the computer I can get in and open a program but it crashes pretty quick I have attached the DXDiag report that i just ran from safe mode I can provide any other info you need to help me get this fixed I would say I am an expert user This is probably the th computer i have built from parts It runs so well as long as this stupid thing isn t messing it up Sometimes i get a few green artifacts when running games L D HL Crysis FarCry COD It doesn t affect the game play but they are noticeable This system runs all of those games on max settings at x except Crysis If you have any ideas please help me out I need my computer back Update add screen freezing to the list of problems It will either freeze or restart I have tried to uninstall all the nvidia stuff in safe mode but I keep getting quot Failed to complete installation Install quot I cant uninstall the nvidia stuff so every time i restart it keeps rebooting GAH nbsp

A:Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB

*update* fixed!

*UPDATE* FIXED!
I started it up today(in safe mode), and in my frustration with not being able to uninstall the nvidia apps, i just deleted all the nvidia folders in my programs. then when i started up in normal mode it was stable. I was able to finish officially uninstalling the rest of the nvidia components and then i did a full reinstall of the drivers and software. so far so good! Thanks for your ideas!
-Nate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-reboot-and-bsod-with-nvidia-9800-gx2-1gb.124255/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey, first-timer here.

Overnight my laptop was left to update itself as usuall, but when I got to it this morning I found it repeatedly flashing a BSOD with the error:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I have attempted countless boots into safe mode, all throw the same BSOD at me.
My machine is an HP Pavillion ze4900 model laptop running WinXP Home (well.. was).

I've tried a some "common remedies" but none seems to be effective at all..
Does anyone have an idea on how to recover from this, or is my laptop to hence-forth be known as a brick.

(If any solutions involve removing the HDD, you will need to explain in detail as I have not seen anything obvious on the underside)

Many thanks!

A:BSOD - Unmountable_Boot_volume

Please run CheckDisk from your Windows XP Home CD
Info here ("From Boot Up") http://www.techspot.com/vb/post694184-133.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-unmountable_boot_volume.124222/
Relevancy 14.19%

Having a really annoying problem with my sound driver (ha20x22k.sys) in Windows XP lately, keeps reoccurring more frequently now it seems. I will be listening to music and at the end of a random track, the system will freeze for a split second and then go to a bsod w/ the following information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9D3AA47F)

*ha20x22k.sys address stamp 9D3AA47F

The sound card is a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I do not believe the card itself is to blame for I am running the latest drivers and it works fine under Windows 7. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. I've attached the corresponding minidump. Thanks in advance!

A:Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Long shot but try this:

Rename: c:\windows\system32\adi_oal.dll to adi_oal.OLD
Also disable any onboard sound in Bios Setup

Please let me know if it fixed the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-bsod-stop-info-minidump.123835/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was in the middle of checking my email when I got the BSOD. I powered down the computer and waited 30 seconds. When I went to power it up, the HDD LED came ON steady, all fans were running, but nothing happened. I tried another memory stick and the same thing. I tried another hard drive, still nothing. Tried resetting my Bios and nothing. Any hints here as to what else I can try? This is my old computer with a K7 mobo (Dragon Soyo Plus), AMD 1900+, 1 GB PC2100, 80GB HDD and MX4000 GeForce DDR 128MB video card. Thanks.

A:Computer quit with BSOD

Hi gilloz,

Have you tried disconnecting all externals except keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Cheers,

Taff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-quit-with-bsod.123515/
Relevancy 14.62%

Well my system specs are in my profile but I'll put them here for simplicity sake as well.
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
Q6600 @ 3.0 Vcore 1.20v
2 x 2GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 1066
2 x 8800GT stock
Razer Barracuda AC-1
750watt Corsair PSU
3 HDDs and DVD drive

Okay before you go and say its my overclocked CPU its been oced for months now and the problem has only recently just started. It usually happens when I'm playing a game of some sort but at random times, I played CSS for a good 3 hours then it reboot, other time less than an hour. It has happened most recently when I booted up FEAR 2 and I was was tweaking the games settings, after I had it setup just right and clicked New Game, system reboots. Any thoughts?

A:System Reboots but no BSOD or Error message

Is the video card overheating? Open the case and make sure that all the fans (including video fan) are clean and working properly. I'll try overclocking my Q6600 when I install my new motherboard next week

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reboots-but-no-bsod-or-error-message.123113/
Relevancy 14.62%

This may well be the longest story of a failing computer you ve ever seen It started well over half a year ago and my Dell Dimension has been giving and and switching subsequent RAID failure BSOD HD me agony ever since Excuse me about all the detail in this I am clueless as to what the problem is so I included everything My computer use to give me grief by going to the dreaded BSOD on random occasions I was less computer literate at the time so I thought nothing of them A few months down the line an icon pops up and subsequently reappeared every other hour the HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure computer was on saying that there is a S M A R T event occurring on my Western Digital HD specs not important as you will see later I follow the icon to the Intel Storage Management system and it tells me that the HD is working fine I carry on gaming and general time wasting paying no attention to the S M A R T event the blue screens were still coming thick and fast My tolerance grew thin however and I started asking my computer-knowledgeable friends what on earth was going on - they simply said my computer was screwed and I had no chance in hell My computer also began to make a very disturbing noise it sounded like a loose fan case vibrating inside my computer so I simply blew into the fan vent at the right angle and intensity and the noise subsided for a few precious minutes pardon my ignorance What I didn t realise then that I have now is that the fan was part of the PSU no spec at hand sorry I decided to buy a new HD and see if the S M A R T events disappeared I bought a new SATA Hitachi HD rpm GB that seemed perfectly suitable my old WD HD was SATA also When I opened the computer and took out the old HD there were bubble-marks on the plastic cover - I presume that they were evidence of heat damage Ignoring this I did the following plugged the new HD into SATA port with my old one in SATA port turned it on in the BIOS booted the computer on USB CD Rom partitioned and formatted the new HD and installed Win XP I switched the old HD with the new HD so that the ports were now respectively and got the computer running After entering all the details to personalise the computer I tried to copy my old data across to my new HD I encountered a problem that caused copying to stop something about msfi line terminating - not the actual name but it had m but managed to get some important data across in small chunks as soon as I tried to copy it across in one go it got pissy I began to use the computer properly again for about or days when the BSODs came back again I decided hoping that it the easiest answer was the right one that I should remove the old HD I took it out sealed it in a plastic bag and turned it off in the BIOS I now have the new Hitachi HD in SATA port - hasn t been moved since the install I turn the computer on and it works a treat Few months down the line few days ago and I hit the series of random BSODs again This time the computer reboots and says that it has just recovered and I quote from a serious error I report it an option that came up and it comes up with a Microsoft website that says that there is a problem with my RAID controller Correct me if I m wrong but I thought that RAID was a configuration that dealt with multiple drives as a single drive I have one drive in there I followed a link to Intel Corporation website and tried to download the latest driver for the RAID controller It downloaded it tried to install but as soon as the bar hit a message pops up and says that my system doesn t meet the minimum system requirements after already entering Win XP as my OS I give up and decide to chill out after surfing for about mins I find that there is a Win XP service pack that I haven t downloaded I download it install it and everything is normal I say normal but what I mean is that five minutes later I am hit with another BSOD This time I uninstall the RAID controller reinstall and update the drivers all thr... Read more

A:HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Try installing a new power supply before you give up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-switching-and-subsequent-raid-and-bsod-failure.122762/
Relevancy 21.5%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey all i just received my new bfg gtx and whenever i try to run games like cod it would just freeze right when i connect to GTX New bsod + 280 freezing a server like New GTX 280 bsod + freezing i can see half the map and the sky is black also whenever i try to run mirrors edge i would get a bsod something along the lines of quot flash graphics drivers quot or something i didnt have enough time to really read all of it because it would just restart after about seconds i never had this problem before with my old graphics card which was a gts i have checked the gpu temperature and when it freezes it is only around - degrees Celsius counter strike is the only game that runs on this right now which i find kind of odd everything else works fine on this except the other games for some reason i can play hd movies surf the web etc with no problems whatsoever i have tried a clean uninstall reinstall of the driver for the card with the most recent driver now i am really stumped ive checked all my connections and i have taken the card out and reput it back in to see what would happen but the same problem occurred my current specs are as listed vista ultimate bit quad core gigabyte New GTX 280 bsod + freezing ga-ep -ud p board gb ocz reaper w corsair p s bfg gtx oc edition no overclocking in any way if you guys could throw some advice help at New GTX 280 bsod + freezing me i would greatly appreciate it thanks nbsp

A:New GTX 280 bsod + freezing

first i would make sure the video card is getting enough power do you know how many amps you have on your 12v rail? also the card is pre overclocked you can get something like evga precision and take the clocks back to normal and see if that helps, but in my opinion it isnt getting enough power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gtx-280-bsod-freezing.120774/
Relevancy 21.93%

A few weeks ago we downloaded an updated driver for our video card so that my son could play a particular game. Now everything on our computer is larger in size: our desktop icons, our internet pages, our office software, etc. Is there an easy way to return everything back to it's original size or I am going to have to do it program by program?

A:Quick Question about page size, icons, etc

Right click an open area of the desktop, Left click properties, left click settings, move the screen resolution slider to the right a couple spots and apply. That's how you adjust that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-about-page-size-icons-etc.120607/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi. I'm new here, and to be honest I didn't read the rules or anything.
Sorry if it's not on the right board for this.

Got a new computer a week ago, and have been suffering of BSOD's daily.

I've been looking at the minidumps a bit and it looks like that dxgkrnl.sys is almost every time the bsod's cause.

And yes, I have googled it.

The bsod's occur only when I play GTA IV.

I'm no professional in hardware, so sorry for insufficient information.

I can provide you the minidumps in .zip if you need them, but here are my specs.
Sapphire Radeon HD4870X2 2GB GDDR5
Q9550 @ 2.83 (stock)
8gb DDR2 800mhz
P5QC
Some 600w power supply
Antec Sonata III

Hope I get this solved cause it's really getting on my nerves.

A:Suffering bsod's

Try re-installing DirectX...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suffering-bsods.120401/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, I just pressed the power button on my laptop and the power light came on as well as the battery light and then went off after a second, so I pressed the power button again and it did the same no matter how many times I did it or no matter how long I did it, so I took the battery out of the laptop and blew the pins, left it out for 3 mins and put it back in, and then it worked fine, im using it now, but is there anything that may be causing this.
it is the first time it has happened but I thought if it is gonna be a problem I might as well as get ahead of it.
So does anyone know what is causing this or will it just be dust on the battery

A:Power On Fault

so tell us exact laptop model

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-on-fault.118390/