Windows Support Forum

Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Q: Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue connecting to my wireless network with my computer. Things were working fine until a few weeks ago when the wifi on my computer stopped connecting; now I can only get internet through a wired connection (although the fact I can do this is strange to me). My rooommate is not having any issues with the wireless whatsoever. I have a fairly new acer aspire s7 which has no difficulties connecting to any other wireless network while I am at campus or have gone home for the weekend. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this issue as it has become impossible to do any form of research while I am at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Posibilities are your wireless signal is not in range or the wireless router is full of user who are connected to it, or it surpasses the user's limit.. how many user's has wifi connected to the wireless router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue-connecting-to-wireless-internet-but-connects-w-lan.201675/
Relevancy 81.7%

On xp pro. i have a linksys wireless router. just got a xp pro laptop. it connects imediately to my wireless router but won't connect to the internet. all my other computers do. why is this one so different? is there a fix?
i've tried deleting my connection and reinstalling in the control panel. connect with wire direct to router and that works.

A:[SOLVED] Laptop connects to wireless, won't to internet

Try deleting your wireless profile again, then reconnect to your SSID. Make sure you have the correct Password - go into the Linksys wireless page and look it up to make sure. Also make sure your router is broadcasting a signal that your laptop can receive. If your laptop can only get B/G wireless signals, make sure the Linksys isn't broadcasting N only.

If that doesn't work, click your Start button, go to Run and type CMD. At the command prompt type ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt. This will create a file called ipconfig.txt in your C: drive. Attach that file to your next post, using the Manage attachments button.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-laptop-connects-to-wireless-wont-to-internet-591171.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service keeps dropping internet when another connects laptop wireless Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb wireless internet keeps dropping when another laptop connects Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard F Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled hi firstly thank you for letting me join your group and i hope to be able to get some help with this problem because no one else seems to be able to solve it firstly i have had the internet in my house for over years my service provider is talk talk who have done all they can do without solving it either it started about months ago when i am on my laptop using the internet everything is working ok until someone else ie my son or daughter or any friends that visit with there laptop has soon has they connect to my internet the internet drop its still showing has up and working on my router all light are on and working ok on it i can connect with a l lan cable to my laptop and it works fine the only thing that dose not seem to effect it is my sons xbox he can connect that and my laptop will still pick up the wireless connection but if my daughter connects her phone or laptop it will go we have different laptop in the house and have tried them all sometime after an hour it will come back and of us can unplug our lan cables and the wireless will be fine for a while i have had many phone calls to talk talk about this they keep telling me its the laptops but im not convinced it is can be all laptops talk talk have checked my lines given me a new up to date router and they say there is not much else they can do i have spoken to a few people about this issue but no one seems to have any idea why this is happening so any help or suggestions i will be very thank full for ohh and by the way im not to good about anything technical thank you in advance bet nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

This is an odd problem (sometimes) to wireless to internet but not Solved: connects laptop networks, that I ve sort of made do with for a while because I have laptops I have a tablet PC that connects to wireless networks just fine but with some of them it will not allow any traffic over the network For example it connects on my home wireless network just fine and a wireless network at a car dealership Solved: laptop connects to wireless networks, but not to internet (sometimes) when I service the car and I have no problems--all my browsers work and I can ping anything I want But at Starbucks at my office and at AT amp T hotspots it will connect to the networks but not allow browsers FF or IE to connect and I can t ping out--even to the gateway ipconfig says I m connected to Once at a Starbucks next to a Solved: laptop connects to wireless networks, but not to internet (sometimes) Panera I had this problem on the Starbucks network but had no problems on the Panera network I called the customer support for the Sbucks network and tried pinging Google Yahoo the gateway everything while they watched the site and they reported seeing no activity from their end Clearly the problem is with my machine but I tried disabling all firewalls and I disabled the antivirus software as well ZoneAlarm but there was no change I don t understand how my computer can connect but not allow traffic--and be selective about which networks it allows Any suggestions would be appreciated I m baffled I forgot to mention it has no problems at all when directly connected--it is only with some wireless networks that I experience this nbsp

A:Solved: laptop connects to wireless networks, but not to internet (sometimes)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-connects-to-wireless-networks-but-not-to-internet-sometimes.865107/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I have just arrived at a friends house to stay for a while and my laptop does not connect to the internet properly through the wireless yet ethernet through not through but cable the internet to connects Laptop wireless works perfectly when plugged into the router directly through ethernet cable it is not the actual router s wireless that is broken because there are three other laptops that connect and work just fine I have done several virus scans using AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy and other than incredibar nothing has been found so i dont think it is a virus I Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless thought it might have been the to adapter so i disabled to no avail The problem is not connecting to the network as that works fine and every now and again i can get minutes of internet use before it stops working most of the time still saying i am connected to the internet for an extra minutes then saying i have a local only connection I did and ipconfig all when plugged into the router and this was the result Windows IP Configuration Host Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -C -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B - F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af ac c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - -B - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bcfe bf a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -D - - - -B - - -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb bc d f fff Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe bc d f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And when it is just the wireless Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tom-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - F-B -C -EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB-B - F-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dd af ac c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Cl... Read more

A:Laptop connects to the internet through ethernet cable but not through wireless

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee

i would remove AVG - see below , that could be blocking

as you are getting an IP

this does not often work on wireless - but try anyway
- try safemode with networking
as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
safemode with networking - see if that works
------------------------------------------------------------------------

also try a TCP/IP reset - see below

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7

Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter

ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

AVG Removal Tools
http://www.avg.com/gb-en/utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-the-internet-through-ethernet-cable-but-not-through-wireless.1069516/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium that I've owned for just over two years.

Last night, after a couple of hours using the internet, the connection stopped. The wireless router still had an 'Excellent' signal, but it also said I had no internet access. All of the other wireless devices in my house connect to the internet perfectly, including when right next to the laptop.

I've tried disabling the firewall and resetting the computer a few times, but nothing seems to pick up the internet access. The troubleshooting guide tells me that it is a problem with the wireless modem, but quite obviously that isn't true.

I haven't installed anything on the computer for several months, and I have already ran a full virus check. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance!

Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit that I've owned for just over two years.

Last night, after a couple of hours using the internet, the connection stopped. The wireless router still had an 'Excellent' signal, but it also said I had no internet access. All of the other wireless devices in my house connect to the internet perfectly, including when right next to the laptop.

I've tried disabling the firewall and resetting the computer a few times, but nothing seems to pick up the internet access. The troubleshooting guide tells me that it is a problem with the wireless modem, but quite obviously that isn't true.

I haven't installed anything on the computer for several months, and I have already ran a full virus check. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance!

A:Laptop connects to wireless router but with no internet access

I've just tried connecting to the internet through an ethernet cable but even that doesn't work. The problem is obviously internal, but I can't seem to find the cause of the problem anywhere.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247576-laptop-connects-wireless-router-but-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I've had this Inspiron 8600 for about 3-4 years now. I turned it on today and it connects to the wireless network as usual, but when I try to bring firefox and/or internet explorer up, it says that the server is too busy..etc. I've tried other wireless networks that are not secure in my neighborhood. I can connect to the network, but still no internet. I've restarted my laptop. I've disabled and enabled the wireless connection. I've unplugged and replugged my wireless router. My desktop is connected with a hard wire to the wireless router and its internet works fine. Could it be that my network driver has gone bad? Someone please help! Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Laptop connects to wireless network, but internet keeps timing out

How does the 8600 work with ethernet?

With wireless can you access the router's configuration pages?

If you have ZoneAlarm check out the sticky at the beginning of this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-connects-to-wireless-network-but-internet-keeps-timing-out.729349/
Relevancy 76.54%

How to fix Dell Inspiron Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable Virgin Media Router Hi all please help I have not been able to connect to the internet on my home WIFI network via cable or the WIFI at work since nbsp Monday evening nbsp I have restarted my laptop and reset the quot D Link D - High Speed Router quot several times - separately and simultaneously according to my laptop and Virgin Media s instructions over the phone Virgin Media said that it was Media fix Inspiron (Virgin Laptop connects Router)? and 1545 internet How to Dell cable via to so it wireless a problem How to fix Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable (Virgin Media Router)? with my laptop as my IP address starts with quot quot as of last How to fix Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable (Virgin Media Router)? night it started quot quot I have also called Dell who have not helped at all Are there any drivers I can download from the Dell website to fix this issue or another safe program I can download I want to download drivers or programs to a USB and transfer the files to my laptop as I have no internet access My computer wireless menu states the following Unidentified NetworkNo Internet AccessThen it shows a list of NetworksMy Network - Connected Limited AccessPlease help I want to sort this out asap Thanks nbsp

A:How to fix Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop so it connects to wireless internet and via cable (Virgin Media Router)?

PhotoFem,

The bold print makes it harder to read and sometime people do not respond to these posts.

Did you power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Power on the ISP modem router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on your wireless router(if any)

start, all programs, accessories, right click on cammand prompt, left click run as administrator. Type

ipconfig /release          (space between the g and /)

Restart your computer. Try to connect. What happens?

Does your wireless router have these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11?

What operating system are you using?

Rick 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19375141
Relevancy 76.11%

well, my laptop connects fine to my schoosl wireless network.....
while at someones house with wireless internet they were messing around wioth somethign because it woudl not connect.......

before all thsi happened it connected fine to another friends house but now it connects no where except the schools network.....

is there anyway to restore everything to default?? so i can at least connect to my other friends house like before???

- thank you

A:Connecting to wireless networks...only connects to some

meNOname said:

well, my laptop connects fine to my schoosl wireless network.....
while at someones house with wireless internet they were messing around wioth somethign because it woudl not connect.......

before all thsi happened it connected fine to another friends house but now it connects no where except the schools network.....

is there anyway to restore everything to default?? so i can at least connect to my other friends house like before???

- thank youClick to expand...

Hi

I think we had better start at basics.

A WIFI Network device (router or similar) has what is called a SSID, this is the name of the network as given at setup, the WIFI device may broadcast this SSID or it may not.

It also has a Network key, again this is given during its setup by the owner.
It wont have a network key if the security is set to OFF.

TO connect to the Router (WIFI device) you need the network key if the security is set to on, and if the Router is set to not broadcast its SSID, you will need this as well.

Your PC will need to be set to give a network key if it is needed, and you will need to search for the SSID if the router is set NOT to broadcast it.

For instance at my house, my router is not set to broadcast its SSID, this means anyone sat outside can see I have a WIFI system, but does not know what it is called, this is the first security level.

If that person then finds the SSID name, they then need a network key in order to connect, this is the second security level.

The only way to find out the SSID/network key is to physically connect to the WIFI device via a LAN cable and enter the administration page of the router.

I think in your case you did have all these setup, but they have been removed.

One more thing, with the WIFI Nic in my laptop I can create what is called profiles, this means I can choose a different profile for each WIFI network I connect to, so I have one for home, one for the office, one for the local library, each time I change connections I just change the profile on my NIC setup, this means I dont need to keep setting up the SSID and key.

If you use the Windows Zero administration wizard for the WIFI NIc under windows XP I found it failed to find a network that didn't broadcast its SSID, but you can run it and set it up manually.

I think that just about covers basic WIFI networking.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-to-wireless-networks-only-connects-to-some.57160/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello - Laptop Issue Desktop and Solved: Connecting DVR Wireless DirecTv to All --- I have a wireless network via a Linksys WRTG with DHCP enabled My desktop is hardwired to it and my laptop Solved: Wireless Issue - Connecting Desktop to Laptop and DirecTv DVR runs via wireless connection I also have a Buffalo Ethernet Wireless Converter to connect my DirecTv HR to the network it has to be hardwired can not accept usb I have a couple of issues that are extremely frustrating and I have been unable to resolve I created a workgroup so that the desktop and laptop could be connected wireless My desktop running Windows XP SP CAN NOT see the laptop under My Network Places with or without the firewall on Sunbelt Firewall or Windows Firewall The desktop computer is also UNABLE to share Music or Pictures with the HR DVR using WMP On Share TVersity or Cidero My laptop CAN SEE the desktop under My Network Places however when I attempt to connect I get an error message stating that I don t have permissions etc etc etc The laptop is running Windows Media Center along with Windows Firewall However Unlike my desktop this laptop IS ABLE to share pics and music with the DVR HR using On Share WMP or Cidero - however not TVersity I have tried opening up the specific ports to the DVR but still no luck on gettting the desktop to see the DVR or laptop Can anyone offer some suggestions on what else I can try This has been very frustrating Thanks for any and all replies nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Issue - Connecting Desktop to Laptop and DirecTv DVR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-issue-connecting-desktop-to-laptop-and-directv-dvr.637637/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, So I just brought a Toshiba laptop with windows 7 premium. I cant seem to connect to my NETGEAR Wireless router. My previous laptops connected fine. When I search for a wireless device it picks it up, Then I click Connect, Shortly after I just get a trouble shoot message that doesnt help me at all. I have tried turning of the WEP key and connecting and still get the trouble shoot error message.

I am not sure what to do, I unplugged the ethernet cord out of the computer and into the laptop too connect to the internet and that worked fine. So I am not sure what wrong with the wireless.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A:Need help Connecting Laptop to Wireless Internet

Try setting your wireless network to WPA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108780-need-help-connecting-laptop-wireless-internet.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I use an Acer g and use the WiFi service provided by my university Once I connect to the university WiFi it asks for my logon information after which I can use the internet as normal The WiFi service is not to to phone my Wifi laptop connecting connects but provided from am to pm One night after using the net as normal I tried logging on the next day and the network shows up as an quot unidentified network quot I then tried it on my phone Lumia and I am able to connect it to the internet I stay on the th floor of my hostel I then went up to my friend s room on the th floor and found that I am able to connect the laptop to the WiFi service and browse the net with no problems When I bought the laptop down to my floor the network shows up as quot unidentified quot again I tried all possible solutions I could find I tried resetting tcp ip stack amp winsock uninstalled and reinstalled the network adapter Broadcom n network adapter tried restoring the system to an earlier time and even editing registry entries I haven t Wifi not connecting to my laptop but connects to phone installed any windows updates recently I use a windows ultimate Any help would be appreciated Wifi not connecting to my laptop but connects to phone Thanks Sent from my RM- im mea using Tapatalk nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

My family currently just bought my brother an HP Intel Core i3-330UM Processor Laptop. Everything was fine until we tried to connect to our home wireless. I do not know what is causing this problem. I was looking around on google and I saw that Windows 7 may not be compatible with our old router. Is this the issue? What recourse do I have to fix this? Is there something I can do with the router (Linksys) or do we have to purchase a new router that is windows 7 compatible?

Thank you for your help

A:Brand new laptop not connecting to wireless internet

Quote: Originally Posted by ortegar1210

My family currently just bought my brother an HP Intel Core i3-330UM Processor Laptop. Everything was fine until we tried to connect to our home wireless. I do not know what is causing this problem. I was looking around on google and I saw that Windows 7 may not be compatible with our old router. Is this the issue? What recourse do I have to fix this? Is there something I can do with the router (Linksys) or do we have to purchase a new router that is windows 7 compatible?

Thank you for your help

Its not the router.

Are you using homegroup?

Have you updated the wifi driver?

Can we get your system specs and network setup?

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/117491-brand-new-laptop-not-connecting-wireless-internet.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have just bought a new laptop today and set it up, but it will not connect to my internet. I found another internet access point called 'lindasnet' without a password and connected via there so that I could look for help. I am with pipex, and when I insert the CD for installation, it just says that there is a problem and it cannot connect. I have also tried connecting via the internet connecting icon in the bottom right hand corner of the computer (the one with the two computers and the globe/red cross). I am on Windows Vista, and Compaq. Please could you help as I cannot stay connected on this lindasnet as it is not mine, and I want to be able to use my laptop properly!! Thanks, Charlie.

A:There is a problem connecting to my internet via wireless on the laptop

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-is-a-problem-connecting-to-my-internet-via-wireless-on-the-laptop.764637/
Relevancy 72.24%

Could use an explanation please. Have a laptop running XP Home with D-Link wireless adaptor. Installed a Belkin wireless router and ethernet cabled it to a cable modem. Life is/was good as far as accessing internet. But, then I connected the router directly to the laptop with an eternet cable into the laptops ethernet port. COuldn't get on the internet!
Can the laptop only have one way to connect at a time, meaning either/or wireless adaptor or ethernet cable to router??
When connecting the router to laptop should the router's power cable be disconnected and the laptop turned off?
Also tried connecting the router to laptop using a USB/ethernet adaptor and oneof the laptop's USB ports. After idle time was unable to reconnect to internet until I ebooted the laptop. Sure would like to understand this connecting stuff better. Appreciate some help.

Relevancy 72.24%

It happened yesterday i was in the dining room and moved laptop to living room and then internet stopped working The wireless internet light on my laptop wasn't coming on and when i turned on the wireless internet capability via the laptop it still didn't work usually it solves it Then it worked for a few minutes throughout the day I am currently connected straight to the modem with no problem I think it may be my router Also when i try to connect to internet via my cellphone using the wifi in the house the phone states no gateway reply I've sparringly lately laptop wireless connecting to internet had my router for years its a linksys wrt g Is it time to get a new one or is there a driver i can download to fix this I called linksys but since im over my warranty they want to charge me to fix the problem Thanks for any help Currently using Windows Vista on a Toshiba Satellite

A:laptop connecting to wireless internet sparringly lately

The first thing I would do is to unplug the router and the modem for a few minutes and then reconnect the devices and try to reconnect. The other thing you may want to check is to see how far your wifi can cover the distance from your computer to where your router is. Your router may not work that far. In this case you would need to buy a router that will cover the distance. If this still doesn't work you could always reinstall the software for your router onto your computer and if this still doesn't work you could always buy a new one because they are pretty cheap. The tech support will cost you what a new router costs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275353/laptop-connecting-to-wireless-internet-sparringly-lately/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a problem with my laptop and like most problems I encounter with Windows I can't rest until they are fixed Anyways I have a Dell studio laptop and up until recently my wireless internet was working fine I started noticing this past week that I could not access the internet after booting up or after awakening from sleep mode I also noticed that there is no little globe that appears on the internet icon in the icon bar when I fire this baby up When I hover my mouse over the icon it says my network name BUT there is an quot Unidentified quot in front of it with laptop Problem to internet connecting wireless which is not normal I believe The thing is I can solve this problem by unplugging the router's Problem with laptop connecting to wireless internet power and plugging it back in but that gets very annoying and doesn't really solve my problems and my roomies might be doing work online or something I can connect to the internet using an Ethernet cord but wireless is much more convenient My roommates laptops work fine with the router so I don't think the router is going bad My laptop also works with the wireless on campus so I don't think my wireless card is going bad either So if anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to try them because this is annoying PS - I think my apartment complex got a new cable internet service provider also because it is a lot faster and our channels changed on the TV and they sent out a flier saying they were changing sometime soon I don't know if this messes anything up but it might Thanks for your help in advance

A:Problem with laptop connecting to wireless internet

The new cable has not messed things up, I have seen this before.
Have you tried the repair option in your network settings.
Have you got your network set to private or public?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/286853-problem-laptop-connecting-wireless-internet.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop Windows XP that has a wireless card built into it I also have an HP Desktop Windows Vista that I used to go online with plugging it directly into a Laptop Internet. Wireless to for Desktop Connecting modem I no longer have the modem however I am Connecting Desktop to Wireless Laptop for Internet. still able to go online with my laptop b c I pick up a good connection from my neighbor So basically I am wondering if there is any way I can plug my laptop into my desktop so the desktop picks up the connection I have already been looking into this for a couple days now I found threads that were kind of helpful Based on the threads I have tried pluging an ethernet cat e patch cable is this the same as a crossover into both of the computers I have messed around with network connections and changed the ip addresses all around After hours and hours of doing this my ending result was this The Desktop s Local Area Connection said I was connected However when I tried going online I kept getting quot page could not be displayed quot So I m not sure if what I m trying to do here is even possible or completely rediculous Somebody please please help me I am not computer illiterate I would say I m Intermediate if that helps with answering me And I already know my problem could be easily solved if I just go out and buy a wireless card to put in the computer but let s just say there is a reason why I no longer have my modem anymore Now a days every dime I have is going directly into the mouths of my and year old I have nothing extra I need the desktop for work the laptop just doesn t cut it Any idea how to do this I will greatly appreciate it Thank you thank you thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connecting Desktop to Wireless Laptop for Internet.

Site Rules - http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi Piggybacking / Wardriving - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-desktop-to-wireless-laptop-for-internet.848195/
Relevancy 72.24%

I've spent a few hours trying to connect my laptop to my roadrunner cable through a netgear wireless usb adapter. The desktop is working fine that is directly connected to the modem and router. I spent half an hour on the phone with tech support from netgear and everything they went through with me did not work. They said to contact the laptop support. The netgear adapter software wizard keeps scanning so that when it is on channel 11 it gets a signal for a few moments, then continues to scan through other channels and lose the signal for a minute or two. Any ideas? PLEASE!!!

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi - but wireless connecting internet laptop not network to hope you can laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet help me I have computers - three macs and one dell laptop running windows XP professional on a unsecured wireless nework speedstream modem dlink - router Until weeks ago everything was fine I had some laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet connection problems weeks ago and had to reset the password on the modem which I did with help from my isp I did not reset the password on my router as I didn t have access to it at that time Since then the three macs connect just fine but I have been having problems connecting to the internet with my laptop The network connects but most times I cannot get to the internet Occasionally I am able to connect but then the connection drops again The laptop can connect to the internet using other networks Reading through the posts on this form I have run ipconfig all and done the ping tests I can ping the ip address and the dns servers but pinging and yahoo com gives me a timed out message I haven t been able to find any posts which suggest tests for this result if anyone can give me some help would be much appreciated I m writing this in the morning will not have access to the computer until this evening but am willing to run any and all tests at that time Thanks nbsp

A:laptop connecting to wireless network but not internet

Do the symptoms change if you connect to a wired connection with that machine?

Let's see this using a wired connection to the router.

Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connecting-to-wireless-network-but-not-internet.853922/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all,

My laptop connects to my home wireless network without any issues but whenever I try going online via Firefox/IE, I get a message saying "unable to connect, problem loading page". My other wireless devices can all connect to the internet without any issues so the problem is isolated to this one laptop.

I've gone into the command prompt to check the ipconfig /all information and the IP addresses, DNS info, and gateways all check out. I can ping google.com successfully from the problematic laptop. I've tried to reboot in Safe Mode with Networking and the internet works in that instance. So I believe there's something running upon normal startup that's preventing me from accessing the internet through my browser. But I have no idea where to start.

The problematic laptop is running WIndows XP (SP2). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

A:Laptop can connect to wireless network but has issues connecting to the Internet

First thing you should do, IMO...install SP3 and all the critical updates that have been disseminated since SP3. Then... Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click Go and paste the content into your next post. Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link. Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497855/laptop-can-connect-to-wireless-network-but-has-issues-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all I m having a bit of an issue connecting my wife s laptop to the new wireless network we set up I searched and saw similar topics but none that have answered my problem Her computer has always worked wirelessly in the past until I bought this netgear Wireless-N router WNR v It says the laptop Vista is connected to an unidentified network and no internet She has an Etheros adapter My desktop is connected to the wireless network as well and works fine also Vista I ve gathered from reading other posts here that I should give you my ipconfig Of the working computer Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe f f IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c a b aef e IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media no connecting Laptop to Vista Internet Wireless Netgear but Network disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e ca b ae bda Link-local IPv Address Vista Laptop connecting to Netgear Wireless Network but no Internet fe ca b ae bda Default Gateway Of the laptop that isn t working Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe df cb f dc a fcbb IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix If anyone can offer me a detailed test or solution sorry I m a beginner at this that would be very helpful Thanks nbsp

A:Vista Laptop connecting to Netgear Wireless Network but no Internet

I should note that I have a PS3 and a printer which are both connected wirelessly, and they work fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-laptop-connecting-to-netgear-wireless-network-but-no-internet.934641/
Relevancy 69.66%

I just installed a new TRENDnet Adapter 54Mbps 802.11g. It connects to the wireless internet and shows that the signal strenght is excellent (full bars) and it keeps on sending packets but receives no packet at all. I tried everything but its not working. When I try to "repair" the connection it takes for ever and then it shows an error like 'fail to obtain IP. Please contact your ISP.' It also shows many other wireless connections available around but same thing happens when I connect it to any of those connections. Please Help me in this regard. I am running Windows XP.

A:PCI wireless Adapter connects to the Wireless internet but does not receive packets.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-wireless-adapter-connects-to-the-wireless-internet-but-does-not-receive-packets.621087/
Relevancy 67.51%

My laptop recognizes wireless networks wherever I go, including my own home network, but it will not connect to my network. Something changed when I was in a hotel last week. everything is set up correctly I think, PSK Key, etc. Feels like I need to uninstall and reinstall but I hate to do that.

A:Laptop connects to other wireless networks, but not my own!

This sounds dumb, but often works. Remove your network's profile from whatever wireless utility you are using, disable encryption on the router, connect, re-enable encryption on the router, connect again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-other-wireless-networks-but-not-my-own.470060/
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently picked up a Gateway laptop that s got a Broadcom netwok card inside of it Currently I m with Bell Sympatico for an ISP who gave me a wireless router The two desktops I ve got hardlined to it work fine but the wireless connection on the laptop refuses to connect to it So far we ve been hooked into other people within range but obviously that s not something I just want to sweep under the rug I called Bell s tech support and they claimed that Broadcom apparently wasn t compatible with their service for some reason and to wireless but Laptop's us connection connects to everyone contact Broadcom who don t seem to have a Laptop's wireless connection connects to everyone but us - number nor a tech support e-mail and there s no way I m calling up California from where I m at in Canada Bell s tech support is notorius for being crap so I m hoping that someone here can help me figure something out and get this all to work out If there s any other info you need just let me know otherwise thanks in advance ad n nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

My laptop has done this once in the past but I can t remember what I did to fix it It has lost the ability to connect to my own wireless network but can my connects except to other Laptop wireless own every network easily connect to any other wireless network it has been configured for including unsecured networks It sees my network with a full bar signal but will not connect to it I ve tried all the typical things like completely resetting the router unsecuring the router and then securing it with a new key uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter updating the drivers for the network adapter releasing and renewing the ip address from the main wired computer all to no avail There are no red x s or yellow exclamation points in device manager I have another laptop that was set up exactly the same way and it connects fine I have tried to search for any other possible cause for this problem and all I have found is something about the MAC address having to match which I don t completely understand The laptop is an ibm thinkpad running xp Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everyone A coworkers mother recently came to me with her son's coworkers brother laptop saying it wont connect to the internet She said it started happening when he installed drivers for his printer Wireless/3G no but internet. connects, He uses a Virgin Mobile g broadband usb adapter for internet and for the life of me I can't figure out whats wrong It connects and gets to the virgin mobile account website but any other website doesn't go through Both wireless card and g card do this Here is the IP config Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights Wireless/3G connects, but no internet. reserved C Users casanova gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name casanova-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List corporate com PPP adapter G Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description G Connection Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address -F -A Wireless/3G connects, but no internet. - F-CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix corporate com Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - D-BE- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c fca d c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August AM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -B - - - - D-BE- -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap F - E- EF -B E- EB F F F Media State Wireless/3G connects, but no internet. Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EC -EB D- A - C - FBB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap corporate com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix corporate com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Also laptop CQ - DX Windows Ult bit did not have an anti-virus when I got it said he used webroot for a while but got rid of it a few months back Any help is appreciated

A:Wireless/3G connects, but no internet.

The first thing I would check for is any malware, spyware, adware and Virus's on Pc in question. Then I would unistall printer software and check connection. If that doen't work then I would do a system restore to a point in time when it would connect, just to get it connecting to the internet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182780-wireless-3g-connects-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been trying to set up my daughters wireless Amilo laptop which is running Vista to our home wireless network The network hub is a linksys WAG GS and has a desktop hardwired to it We also have another laptop which is running XP and that connects ok Our X not wireless internet to to but Connects Box connects ok via a linksys WET The problem I am having is the Amilo is seeing the wireless connection and connecting to it but is showing quot limited connectivity quot and will not connect to the internet If I reboot the WAG GS the Amilo will then connect and gives full connectivity to the internet till I either disconnect or restart it After reading some of the postings on here I have updated the driver for the wireless card in the Amilo but its still the same Any help would be appreciated as I have been trying to get it to work all day and its now doing my head in nbsp

A:Connects to wireless but not to internet

Some things you can try here, listed in the order you should try them.
For wireless connections, remove all the stored wireless profiles and search for networks. You'll have to enter the encryption key again, which is sometimes the issue for connection problems.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-wireless-but-not-to-internet.955983/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

I have a dell inspiron (Vista) and it connects to wireless fine go on anywhere but my own house.
I can connect to my wireless but it says i have no internet access. I've renewed my IP address many times but that not the problem.
It orange wireless and i would love to fix this because i've just broken my 4th ethernet cable to my bedroom.

Please help me soon.....Thank you

*FEMALE* NEEDS BASIC HELP

Relevancy 67.51%

W7 home premium - 64 bit OS - Dell Inspiron 5720.

Currently, I have a wireless network at home. No problem with 2 computers connected to it.

Wife just got new Dell computer. It recognizes the wireless, it connects, but, No internet.

I take the computer to work, and it connects right away to the wireless network, no problem, internet works perfectly.

I have spent hours researching this. I have totally uninstalled McAfee.

Suggestions welcome, TIA

A:Wireless connects, but NO Internet

So wireless if connected to another wireless router?

When connected to wireless (and no internet) start a command prompt:

Code:
route print -4>route.txt
Post route.txt. route.txt may be deleted afterwards

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266589-wireless-connects-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Everything worked fine Had to reinstall windows Still worked fine for a short while Now cannot connect to the internet Have a linksys router wag gs and a dlink airplus usb gdwl g adapter Windows xp pro - no updates yet installed No probs with internet from wired connection to my main pc Second wireless pc says its connected Sent about Usb connects no but wireless internet packets none received ipconfig all shows Host name n- xfo x ed y Primary DNS suffix Node Type unknown WINS Proxy enabled no Ethernet adapter wireless Connection specific dns Description Dlink airplus gdwlG Physical Address - - b-EB- A-A DHCP enabled Yes Auto config enabled yes Auto config ip Subnet mask Default gateway If I try to ping the ip address you suggest in other threads I think it was and yahoo com I get message that cannot connect Have uninstalled and reinstalled the dlink usb wireless network adapter Have Usb wireless connects but no internet tried the thing suggested on other threads for refreshing winsock and ip stack but I get message saying this is incorrect command -maybe as I dont have sp Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, please help!!

I have a Samsung NC10 with an Altheros AR5007EG wireless network adaptor. I am able to connect to the router, which currently has my other laptop (a Dell XPS) connecting successfully to the internet. I have read through several forums and tried the following - updated the drivers, checked the admin services, disabled/enable the device, re-setup the connection, switched off power save on the adaptor etc. Running ipconfig through cmd prompt does have a blank next to the "connection-specific DNS suffix" - don't know whether that means anything.

I look forward to your response!

Relevancy 67.51%

Greetings all! My daughter has a Dell Mini 10 Netbook that will recognize the wireless network in our house (Netgear N600 wireless router), but for some reason it will not connect to the internet. It will say it is connected to our wireless network, but when I attempt to open a page, I keep getting the "Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Web Page". The PS3, Ipods, other laptops, and other devices have no problem connecting to the internet. It's just the Dell netbook. Thanks in advance!

A:Connects to wireless, but not to internet??

would you post the following information please

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-wireless-but-not-to-internet.970781/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have successfully setup my wireless router and my laptop picks up the wireless network in range with a strong signal however when I open Internet Exloprer the display message quot Interenet cannot display the webpage quot comes up I have tried connecting from another laptop and it connects from that laptop so seems to be just on that particular laptop I have ran the msdos commands and results are below Help appreciated Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C gt ip config all ip is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name NP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless internet no but connects Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - F- C- D- F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R MC Gigabit Network Con nection Physical Address - C- E- D- -AB C gt ping Wireless connects but no internet Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply Wireless connects but no internet from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Wireless connects but no internet Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C gt ping yahoo com Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C gt nbsp

A:Wireless connects but no internet

It seems that you have a good internet connection.
What site are you trying to go to ?
Can you ping that ?
The other thing you could try is disable all firewalls(windows and any third party suites) and see if that makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connects-but-no-internet.886148/
Relevancy 66.65%

This ACER system used to work just fine. ACER finds the router and goes online. Brother printer connected to router via Ethernet cable. it does not map anything. ACER laptop comes up as nothing found. When I fired up my HP laptop to look for network addresses and such the Acer could see my computer and map the router and printer through my laptop. Again this problem just occured recently. at one point it say a piece of equipment with a screwed up name which was the printer but it would not print to it. It showed a question mark for the router?? again. It connects to he internet. Any ideas?? I have checked out books from the local library but can't figure out what to look for... I can't even form a cogent question I just can tell you what I see.

JB

A:laptop connects to wireless router but does not see it to map network

When rebooted it at least sees router but not printer. click on system and it sees printer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/328849-laptop-connects-wireless-router-but-does-not-see-map-network.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi My problem is that we moved house and got a new internet supplier but now my laptop won t work with wireless It says it s connected and excellent strength but when I try to open a page it says Page Cannot be Displayed I know it s not the router because our PC and PS is connecting fine and I can connect to the internet on my laptop via a ethernet cable My drivers are updated and when I run a check it says the device is working properly The IP address is correct and I have the correct SSID and Network key I don t know what else I can try I have contacted my internet supplier and the ran through everything they they could think of and nothing worked Any suggestions l Thought I should mention that I have reformatted my laptop as well thinking that that may be wireless connects pages but to open any Laptop can't the problem but it still didn t work nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all,

I have wireless internet at home through a Belkin router.

It used to work fine but one computer wouldnt connect. Stupidly, I tried checking the security password on my laptop and ever since it won't connect. (However, now the other computer does!)

It picks up the signal from the router but just won't connect. When I run ipconfig I get a message saying Media Disconnected. I've searched forums and can't find an answer to this.

The laptop still connects to the wireless internet in my office so the wireless capability obviously still works. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Miles

A:Laptop no longer connects to Wireless Router

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-no-longer-connects-to-wireless-router.1039834/
Relevancy 66.65%

Right now I have my new Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop connected to the internet using an ethernet cord. For the longest time I was trying to get my wireless to work but I would always get unidentified network with no internet access. I'm assuming this means my wireless card is broken, which is unfortunate since I just got this laptop. Can anyone confirm this?

A:Laptop connects with ethernet chord, but not on wireless.

If you just got it, I recommend you contact Toshiba's support center, as they know their systems best and will have to provide replacement hardware or proper drivers since the computer would still be under warranty. Here is there support page: Toshiba Support - Homepage

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104517-laptop-connects-ethernet-chord-but-not-wireless.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Let me start out by saying I am totally and completely not a computer geek I don't speek the language of the tekkies Won't Laptop Ethernet, to Wireless Connects Connect to I have an HP laptop and out of the blue it will just not connect to the internet wirelessly It will say connected but no internet access This happens and random times at least once a week and for exactly hours between a m one day to a m the next day I can connect via ethernet cable just fine My Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless phone and TV can connect wirelessly but not my internet My signal Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless strength is usually excellent when this happens so it's not that I'm too far away from the router I have tried resetting my router modem multiple times when this has happened to no avail I have factory restored my computer I have deleted my driver and reinstalled it Literally the only thing that has worked thus far is connecting to an ethernet cable I called my ISP and they said my router is fine and nothing is wrong with it Before you ask NO I don't have any monitoring software or any software that prevents the use of internet after a certain time Keep in mind that my computer is totally factory resetored totally clean nothing on it but what it came with Please help

A:Laptop Connects to Ethernet, Won't Connect to Wireless

Go to HP's website and download the latest wireless adapter directly. What does the driver date say on the current wireless driver? With out the actual make and model number of the laptop I cant verify the current driver date from HP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240604-laptop-connects-ethernet-wont-connect-wireless.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm having a bit of a strange problem with a laptop running Win 7 RC3 32bit. The wireless G connection works just fine for almost all things, but it won't connect with a server on our LAN. The connection times out. We've tried http, ssh, and ftp.

The weird part is the laptop connects to the server just fine when connected to the LAN with a cable. And other wireless devices connect to the server just fine through the same AP.

The laptop connects to anything WAN wirelessly with no problem.

Any ideas?

A:Win 7 Laptop Wired Connects - Wireless Doesnt

Perhaps the mac address of the wireless adapter is blocked in the server on your LAN? Try changing the mac to anything different, as a test, even if it isn't blocked.

Is this with static ip or using dhcp?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13540-win-7-laptop-wired-connects-wireless-doesnt.html
Relevancy 66.65%

im working with a dell inspiron laptop computer, just recently my wifi was working great up until yesterday. all of the sudden i couldnt access the internet. i can get my wifi to connect to the network, it says i am sucessfully connected to the network but i cannot access the internet. i reset my wireless router three times (for my built in wireless card) , i did a diagnostic and repair and still it still only connects to the network, but not internet, i also did a system restore to see if that may fix the problem but it didn't. My last option would be to reboot my computer but i would like to fix it without having to reboot, also if i did reboot would i have to reconfigure my wireless card? if anyone has any suggestions or answers it would be helpful thanks.

A:Wireless connects to network but not the internet

The first thing I would try is to connect an ethernet cable from the laptop directly to your modem to be certain that you have working internet service--unless you have another computer connected to the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connects-to-network-but-not-the-internet.145844/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have been searching for days and find a lot of people with the same problem , but most are from years ago.
I am in Italy for the summer and brought a usb wireless antenna and have a good neighbor who has given me the password to his adsl router. I have a pc with xp pro and after installing the drivers, I get a very good signal and I get an IP and gateway address, windows shows i am connect but internet will not hook up. I have tried installand reinstalling the software, disable firewall and anti virus to no avail. worked on this for several days . Then I installed the software on my Asus ee net book that has xp home . It connected to internet right away.. I can work like this, but have all my software on the pc and would like to use it for the internet... any help will be appreciatedc

A:USB Wireless adapter connects but no Internet

usb wireless antenna and have a good neighbor who has given me the password to his adsl routerClick to expand...

i'm afraid thats against the ISP rules and we cannot support you here , hes not allowed to share his broadband with other premises and neighbours

see rules
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wireless-adapter-connects-but-no-internet.997922/
Relevancy 66.65%

Please help i have a Atheros AR b g connects only wireless but local internet please help wifi adapter it connects but say s local only what can i do to fix it wireless internet connects but local only please help Windows IP Configuration Host Name Donald-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-AA- -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday June PM Lease Expires Saturday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -DC-E - - - B-AA- -D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - F- - D-D - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap -AB - C C- B F-C B B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled wireless internet connects but local only please help Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap -CAB - BB - DF- EAA EC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No wireless internet connects but local only please help Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:wireless internet connects but local only please help

Welcome to TSG:
Here is what we know about this adapter and it's issues.
Generally a driver or encryption protocol issue as detailed below.
Courtesy of ETAF and Terrynet on the Networking Forum:

Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
http://www.atheros.cz/
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/983081-solved-public-network-access-local.html
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/981134-solved-netgear-wndr3700-incompatibilty-w.html
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/988283-solved-local-connection-only-when.html
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/984731-solved-unidentified-network.html
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows
http://www.atheros.cz/

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=21&system=3
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=22&system=3
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connects-but-local-only-please-help.1000425/
Relevancy 66.65%

I gave my computer to my brother for a day and when I got it back windows 7 stopped connecting to wireless .
I unninstalled "steam" for counter strike that he installed but that didn't fix it.

I have an XP installed on the same computer and it connects just fine . Also my smartphone , 2 laptops and an XP computer connect just fine so it's NOT a router problem .

Most of the times it connects and says "no internet" . Sometimes it says I have internet but when I open chrome or other browser no page opens . But I can open the router page and I don't see my computer in the DHCP list.

I believe is either something my brother installed , either a virus he got but I don't know how to troubleshoot .
Anyone knows a tutorial or has some tips ?

Thank you

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello Below is a Hijack this log and I m hoping you can help Laptop lost wireless internet ability and now returns a access denied on some changes when I use a modified start up choice Thanks for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode driver issue?? internet Laptop wireless Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Laptop wireless internet driver issue?? PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C WINDOWS system Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe -update activex O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin jp iexp dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin jp iexp dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF CFCF C- C - D -AEEC-F D ED DellSystem Scanner - http xserv dell com DellDriverScanner DellSystem CAB O - DPF C F FC -E DB- - DBF- C FF D E DellSystemLite Scanner - http support dell com systemprofiler DellSystemLite CAB O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - Protocol avgsecuritytoolbar - F DDE B - - A - D -E E B C - no file O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D ... Read more

A:Laptop wireless internet driver issue??

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379458/laptop-wireless-internet-driver-issue/
Relevancy 66.22%

Trying to set up a home network so I can share files and cable internet. I have a wired desktop computer connected to a Netgear wireless router. I have no problem connecting to the internet with the desktop but I can't get my wireless laptop to connect at all. When I enter the SSID I think it does see it some how but it doesn't connect so I can't do anything. I know I must not be setting something right on the laptop. Please help!

Relevancy 66.22%

Desktop lost all ip connections: restore points do not exist to restore and correct. Liste below is the ipconfig results:Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : JDandDiana
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0E-A6-4A-4E-09
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.112.235
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : ?
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : ?
?
?

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner>

A:ip issues with desktop, laptop connects through wireless router

Try running ipconfig/flush and then ipconfig/renew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-issues-with-desktop-laptop-connects-through-wireless-router.696089/
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm having an issue connecting to my wireless router. I can connect fine with security disabled, but it doesn't connect if I enable WPA. It says there's a "timeout" issue when I try to connect with WPA enabled.

No one else is having issues connecting with their laptops and smartphones, so it must be a problem with my computer.

Laptop: Compaq presario cq50 w/Vista Home 32
adapter: Atheros AR5007
Router: Westell A90

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 65.79%

I am new to Windows and to this forum Howdy I have a brand new Dell Precision T that I purchased about months ago It includes Windows GB RAM Intel Core i CPU at GHz etc So far I've only installed Lightroom and Photoshop CS for processing photographs I am running AVG free which I downloaded from the internet I also have a Dell XPS which is hard wired to the internet through Comcast cable I have a D-Link DIR- wireless router for my home network I installed the following wireless card in my new Precision to access the internet TP-Link TL-WDN Mbps Wireless-N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter - Mbps PCI Express x RP-SMA Wireless-N x dBi Antennas at TigerDirect com I am able to connect to the wireless network and access the internet on occasion mainly in the mornings or early afternoon but more often than not the internet connection is very spotty and in the evenings I can access the wireless network but the internet will not load I also have problems after the new system goes into sleep mode and I get back on it I have to reconnect to the wireless network It seems that it drops the network connection once it goes into sleep mode I have tried changing channels on the wireless router from to to the current channel but it makes no difference I am frustrated Any help you can offer is appreciated Thanks very much

A:System connects to wireless network but not to the internet.

I have the same router and with that 450Mbps PCI adaptor you should be seeing some really good wireless speeds but, you need to set the router up correctly in order to obtain those faster wireless speeds.

First you should install Xirrus WiFi inspector, post a screen shot of the results here so I can check out the wireless landscape in your area. You really can't guess at which channels to use, you need to look at the wireless connections in your area so you can make an informed decision on which channels to use.

After that we can make some adjustments in the router to obtain the best possible wireless speeds.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266906-system-connects-wireless-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone My laptop Dell Inspiron connects to my router Dynex which is a Belkin but renamed to make it cheap and I can configure the router properties from it but I cannot see the other computer on the network This one which means that the wired connection is working I can wire the laptop to the router and it will work perfect I cannot connect to the internet either even though it says full speed and excelent connection I have read over the other posts and tryed changing the channels I have tryed and I have disabled firewalls and all security as far as I can tell and I have tryed changing the ip adress to other numbers just incase my modem was conflicting in some way I have tryed connecting to other networks the one at borders and starbucks and it still does the Wireless not Router, to Solved: to Connects Internet but same thing Here is my IP config all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings The Bear gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lappy Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Fury Bear Network Fury Bear Network Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Fury Bear Network Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address Solved: Wireless Connects to Router, but not to Internet - -CE- -B -EE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday March PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Fury Bear Network Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - -F - Dhcp Solved: Wireless Connects to Router, but not to Internet Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday March PM Lease Expires Monday January PM nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Some time ago i moved my computer for a lan session At this lan session i disabled my wireless adapter and enabled my lan adapter One i returned cant access router connects, i no but Wireless the and internet home i replaced my Wireless connects, but no internet and i cant access the router computer where it was and disabled the lan adapter and re-enabled the wireless adapter With the aerial i was using before my problem i can t see any networks at all With a different aerial i can see the network and the signal strength is excellent But when i try to connect either windows will tell me it can t connect or when it does it has limited connectivity It won t give me internet access and even though it says its connected i cant access the routers set-up page Now none of the Wireless connects, but no internet and i cant access the router settings on either my computer or the router has changed Only the physical movement and the turning on and off of the adapters is different from when it did work and now that it doesn t I can get internet by running a lan cable to the router and re-enabling the lan adapter but if i wanted a cable across my hallway i wouldn t have a wireless router and network card My router is a linksys WRT N and has the latest firmware My OS is Windows Ultimate bit My wireless card reads in windows as Broadcom g Networ Adapter but i think its an asus wl- g v The connection often fails entirley or if it does connect it spends ages in the quot Identifying Network quot phase If it gets beyond that it says i m connected to an unidentified network and that theres no internet access Also like i said if it does connect i still cant access the router I ve tried resetting the router and since this problem has persisted for weeks now i have reset my PC many times also I ve rechecked all the router and adapter settings and they re all where i left em last time it was working When connected via wireless however badly my PC displays correctly in the DHCP client table IP set to automatic on my adapter I have a PS on a shelf above my PC and its still working fine by wireless and i recently bought a Wii and it connects fine too despite being nearly times the distance from the router Like i said in a previous thread i don t get how only physically moving my box could cause this nbsp

A:Wireless connects, but no internet and i cant access the router

looking at the other posts this has been ongoing for a while - i have closed those posts now
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/971332-decreased-wireless-performance.html
as there where no answers - we dont want duplicate posts running and answers

lets see an xirrus screen shot
also an ipconfig /all and device manager

nothing silly like in the move , the wireless switch has been turned to off or a FN+F key hit to turn off the wireless signal at all

do you have a firewall / security suite - like norton or mcafee - have that ever been on the PC they can do this type of thing out the blue not allow you to connect
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connects-but-no-internet-and-i-cant-access-the-router.975358/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Dell XPS 8300 (running Windows 7 Home Premium) that has lost Internet access. It was fine until yesterday. It shows that it's connected to my home wireless network, but cannot acces the Internet. All our other computers (desktops, laptops & iPad - all running different OS) are able to connect.

I checked the network card, using the Windows Device Manager, and it shows that it is "working properly" and that there are no conflicting devices. What should I do next?

A:Desktop connects to wireless network, but not to Internet

Open network and sharing center>manage wireless networks. Then right click your network and press "remove network" This will not affect your network in any way, it's just deleting the saved info on your computer about your network. Then try reconnecting to the wireless network, and when asked between home, public, or business make sure to select "home". Please reply, on how that goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247951-desktop-connects-wireless-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Vista PC that connects to a Verizon FIOS wireless router but it says that the internet is not connected. I can close and reoopen IE anywhere from 2 to 8 times and it will finally work. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Relevancy 65.79%

having this problem for the past week and a half or so. Just happened all of a sudden. I can connect locally to my wireless network, but not to the Internet. Any idea as to why this might be? Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Relevancy 65.79%

I just but access the to wireless no Connects internet router, set-up a new cisco wireless router and I was able to get Connects wireless router, but no access to the internet my work laptop to connect without a problem but not my personal Connects wireless router, but no access to the internet one The router is working fine as evidenced by the one laptop working just fine When I try and access the internet from my personal laptop it connects to the router but cannot connect to the internet When I try and diagnose the problem it says Cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server Network diagnostics pinged the remoted host but did not receive a response There is an option to Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot and an option to Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot but they don t resolve the issue at all It says that Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists I see there was a similar post in March but I tried following the same steps with no success If there are any suggestions please let me know nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

My family has a wireless network set up for the house which i have used without any problems many many times before. I got back home last week and connected to the network without a glitch, but have been unsuccessful in loading any pages at all. The only thing that has changed since using the network last time is that my BullGuard security subscription has run out, not sure if that should make a difference. My brothers can still use the network as normal and my computer seems to be the only one having trouble. Its a Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 and runs with Windows XP. Im not exactly a computer wizz but ive tried the basic 'diagnose connection problems' and double checked what it told me too, but still no luck. any help would be hugely appreciated, cheers

Relevancy 65.79%

Help! I've tried EVERYTHING. I have an Acer Aspire laptop, which is connected to a D-Link DIR-628 router via a D-Link DWA-160 adapter. It worked wonderfully for about 6 months until Sunday, where it suddenly disconnected and wouldn't connect. Over the next few days I have been trying everything, and all I can get it to do is connect and then disconnect intermittantly. It constantly says its connected both Local and Internet, and yet the computer acts as though there is no connection. HELP!

A:Wireless Connects, Disconnects, Can't access internet

Well first...house or apartment? Check the cable going to your modem...make sure it isn't frayed or mangled in any way. Believe it or not I had a squirrel chew on my cable and it took the cable company 6 visits to find it.

Have you powered down the modem and router for 30 seconds and plugged them back in?

Next, is your router secured? Some people like to play with others routers when they are not secured and sometimes when they are.

If I were in your shoes...1) power down, power up (above) check the cable; if you find something call the cable company... 2) no problems in the cable and power down/up doesn't work...reset the router by inserting a pin into the area on the back of the router that is a very small hole with power on...hold down the pin for 15 sec or so. Once you've done that, follow the power down/up instructions. Don't forget to set up security once you've reset the router.

To do this...enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser...enter admin as user name and consult your manual or google for the default password (think it's admin but don't quote me)...then use the wizard to set up your router.

Good luck-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connects-disconnects-cant-access-internet.828765/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am posting this but admittedly do not have all of the information I am sure will be needed with me right now Our entire office runs on wireless New Laptop seconds Dell within wireless then connects loses connection connections laptops printers desktops etc and we have little to no connectivity issues considering However we just purchased a new dell laptop the laptop connected but within seconds immediate loses the connection and reconnects disconnects etc This is continuous All other devices other never-before connected laptops and a tablet have all sucessfully connected without issues only this new dell laptop does it The laptop connects and stays connected to all other wifi connections we have tried it with other corporate wifi and home wifi s Dell has replaced the wireless card to confirm there was not issue with that which I was confident there wasn t Our IT contact suggests buying a new router but that is a little hard for me to accept seeing that only device is having difficulties his other reason for this was his concern that he couldn t access something like the New Dell Laptop connects then loses wireless connection within seconds router s New Dell Laptop connects then loses wireless connection within seconds management tool or something like that I am confident this is something as simple as a software setting or something New Laptop is running W OS that s really New Dell Laptop connects then loses wireless connection within seconds all the facts I have available right now Any ideas from anyone From seeing other similar posts I am hopefull there is help out there for me nbsp

A:New Dell Laptop connects then loses wireless connection within seconds

Welcome to TSG.
Ok;Just to clarify.
This laptop will connect successfully to other wireless networks and stay connected ?
First thing I might try,if you can,is disable encryption on the router for a test.Any change ?
If you cannot access the router's admin page,that's a problem.
Is mac address filtering enabled on the router.
Make and model of router?
May we see:
Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-dell-laptop-connects-then-loses-wireless-connection-within-seconds.1009980/
Relevancy 65.36%

Okay I just got a new laptop, running Windows vista, Business Downgrade sp2. for college about a week ago. It was working fine. It came with Dell Connect program that organized connections and worked along side windows connections.

After about a day, I was surfing the internet and I realized that Firefox and IE would just stop connecting to any website at all and would end up timing out. So then I decided to delete Dell Connect via Add/Remove Prog. and it seemed to work for the time being. everything was peachy through Windows Connections.

Then it happened again. I looked into my windows connections and realized that although I was connected to my network but the Internet Connections symbol was gone and there was no Internet Gateway area. I found that disabling and re-enabling the network connection worked but I'm still trying to find a way or a reason why the internet decides to leave.

A:Laptop connects to internet and network but the Internet Connection disapears

Windows vista, Business Downgrade sp2? What's that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-internet-and-network-but-the-internet-connection-disapears.854793/
Relevancy 65.36%

My laptop is a Dell Studio 17, 64-bit, Vista Home Premium. It connects with no problem to home encrypted wireless, but I cannot connect to Internet in public.

I've talked to IT employees at this "public" place (actually it's a local hospital where my husband is a patient), and since I can get to their network they consider the no-Internet connection a problem of my computer and can't help me, which is totally understandable since they're employees of the hospital.

I've uploaded a Word document I created by doing a print screen of the Network and Sharing Center screen. As you'll see, I'm open to the hospital's public access but X'd from Internet connection.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm spending upwards of 10 hours a day in the hospital and there are just so many books I can read.

Marla

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-wireless-connects-to-public-network-but-not-to-internet.131219/
Relevancy 65.36%

Suddenly three days ago my samsung nc110 netbook stopped loading webpages. It's connected to the router via wifi just fine.

It's just this machine, my iPhone and my partner's phone connects ok and the Internet works fine on those
I've done everything I can think of
I've reset the router countless times

Restarted computer countless times

I've tried system restore to a previous point

Disabled firewall

Reset winsock

I don't know what else to do.

Please bare in mind that with me being unable to access the Internet on my netbook I am posting this via my iPhone and therefore I won't be able to copy and paste any information direct, but I can type out any lines if you give specific details on which bits you'd need to help diagnose my problem

A:Computer connects to wireless router but can't get an Internet connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-connects-to-wireless-router-but-cant-get-an-internet-connection.1074122/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a wireless internet with WEP security. I connect to the network (wirelessly), but it losses connection...sometimes 5 min, sometimes 15 minutes.
Now, I know it's not my laptop because I can connect to other wireless networks and stay connected. I've tried unplugging the router and modem, but still the same thing. I have full signal strength, so that is not it.
Does anyone have any ideas ?

A:home wireless internet is connects and disconnects continuosly...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-wireless-internet-is-connects-and-disconnects-continuosly.777756/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey everyone This is my connection connects no adapter Wireless internet network, however to first time venturing for assistance Wireless adapter connects to network, however no internet connection Typically I can fix things on my own but at this point I am stumped I recently got a new router Asus RT-ac and upon setting it up my desktop pc no longer can connect to the internet My wireless adapter is the TP Link TL-WDN I got the new router because a roommate of mine moved out and our previous router was his So I needed to replace it He had the Asus RT-ac u This adapter had no issues while using that router but is acting up now Phones video game systems and my laptop all work just fine with the new router So I am rather certain the issues lies with my tower At this point I have installed the latest firmware for the router reinstalled the adapter and attempted to update the drivers on the adapter However every time I try to install the drivers it either says that the most up to date drivers are already installed or it claims that they were installed successfully but the driver date and version number doesn't update when I check properties in device manager If anyone has any insight for me I would greatly appreciate it Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394949-wireless-adapter-connects-network-however-no-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I will try to explain the problem I m having and the solutions I ve tried none of which work First a little background I m an expat living in a foreign country Internet is very important for me here as without it I Laptop But Connects Internet to the Won't. One The Other One can t do any business or make any money Having said that I have two laptops the one I m typing this message on which uses Windows and an older laptop backup that uses Windows Vista Starting the other day the Windows Vista laptop will no longer connect to One Laptop Connects to the Internet But The Other One Won't. the wireless internet Up until the other day both computers connected fine Periodically the connection dropped because this isn t a first world country and the internet isn t totally reliable But now the Windows computer connects but the other will not Here are the things I ve tried I reformated the harddrive because I thought it might be a virus or malware I downloaded the latest device drivers for the network adapter I ve tried to automatically get new IP settings I ve tried resetting the network adapter I ve tried disabling antivirus to see if that was causing the problem I ve tried removing readding the wireless connection under network manager Despite trying the things above I ve been unable to solve this annoying problem I thought it might be the ISP but I ve ruled this out because my other laptop this one can connect to the net Windows Vista says there is no problem with the wireless network adapter This is also the second time this has happened with the Windows Vista laptop the first time it dropped and I tried everything finally gave up for the time being then it suddenly reconnected Now it has been down for over hours and it looks like it may never connect It is dangerous depending on a single computer to access the Internet here because if this computer is damaged then I have no access at all I need both computers online if this is a problem with the ISP then there is nothing I can do but I need to figure that out Finally the windows network diagnostic always tells me to quot reset the modem quot This is impossible as I m renting an apartment where wireless internet is included in the rent There is no modem available for me to reset Also calling the ISP is useless as the internet is included in this apartment and my name is not on the bill plus it is unlikely they speak much English so trying to get tech support from the local ISP is worthless nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Ok, setup is as follows: Dell desktop wired into O2 router/gateway (O2 service provider - Thompson Speedtouch I think is the make) also wired in are two buffalo linkstation drives a 250gb and 500gb.

I've recently bought a new laptop specifically for surfing, watching films and listening to music thats stored on my network.

Whilst the laptop connects straight away to the internet and it can see both Buffalo drives, it can't open any folders or even view the web interface controlling either drive.

This is driving me potty as I can see at least one of them on my Archos, access and play files from it and also no issues connecting with a Linktheatre network player.

Just can't understand why some devies are ok but my new laptop isn't even when I've switched off all the laptops security!!

Anyone any ideas?

Ta

Relevancy 64.5%

I bought one of these for a computer of mine. My uncle bought one, but I can't seem to get his to work.

The linksys program home says it has connection to the router, but not to the internet.

If anyone has experienced this problem, please let me know what you did to fix it.

Thanks

A:Linksys Wireless-G Network Adapter - connects to router, but cant get internet

Check the wireless security on the router including - mainly encryption and mac address filtering. Also does this adapter work at other hotspots?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-g-network-adapter-connects-to-router-but-cant-get-internet.477190/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi my problem st began when my partner took our laptop to scotland and tried to to internet???? no but, laptop network connects connect to the hotels wirless network after several hours of trying the hotel owner finaly got it connected after reseting his network laptop connects to network but, no internet???? and manualy entering his ip into our computer i tried to connect to our laptop connects to network but, no internet???? network yesterday after comming home but at st all i got was the yellow exclamation mark over the network icon and couldn t even reach the router after a short while laptop connects to network but, no internet???? i got onto the router local connection only but could not reach the net all my other wirless devices connect straight to the net withno probs at all ie laptops ps wii iphone etc i have tried all the usual fixes like modem router reset network adapter reset automaticaly getting ip address cmd prompts etc etc whilst trying to solve the issue yesterday evening the said laptop suddenly just burst into life and connected to the net whilst i was browsing the forums on my daughters laptop it remained connected for most of the evening lost connection for half an hour then regained it a short while later today i have the same problems all over again local connection only this is a copy of the cmd screen Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users joanne gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name joanne-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -AC-BE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a b c ee Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R GT Network Connectio n Physical Address - C-C -C - - C DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FC FE - E B- FB -B BC- DE E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FC FE - E B- FB -B BC- DE E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FC FE - E B- FB -B BC- DE E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BEF - B - F-B B - A CC EB br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F C - C - - C - F AA E br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users joanne gt not sure what other info you guys might need so i ll just tell you what iknow just now laptop is compaq ... Read more

Relevancy 64.07%

I've been dealing with this issue for a couple years and it's driving me crazy. Everything in my house connects to my main wifi signal without issues. My laptop however connects to the signal but I cannot get internet or see any devices. I always have to be on my guest network with my laptop. I've tried resetting my router, updating the firmware in the router, renaming the main wifi signal, resetting my wireless network adapter on my laptop, updating the the network adapter firmware in my laptop, and reinstalling the network adapter. I have no idea what else to try but I'm fed up not being able to use my laptop to simply print to my wireless printer or setup various electronics with my laptop. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

A:Laptop Connects to WiFi but Internet Not Available

Can you do our scans lets see whats going on post results PCHF System Scans

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128015-laptop-connects-wifi-but-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 64.07%

We have 2 laptops, both running Vista and using a Linksys router. Our problem is that only one laptop can connect wirelessly at a time or we both get a low connectivity message and one gets kicked off. I have talked for hours with Linksys and our ISP and they cannot figure it out. This problem started several months ago, then cleared up, then started again. Bought a new router and it still does it. We have to connect one laptop with an ethernet cable and the other wirelessly in order to operate at the same time.

A:low connectivity when more than one laptop connects to internet

Basic Wi-Fi network troubleshooting​

Right click your network connection and select Repair.
Change the channel on the router to something other then 6, which is the default on most routers.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference. Metal objects, microwaves and other appliances can all cause interference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available
More then likely you either need to reset your router or it's failing. Try reseting it back to factory defualts if that don't work then consider replacign the unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-connectivity-when-more-than-one-laptop-connects-to-internet.860630/
Relevancy 64.07%

Friend s Pavilion laptop with XP pro will not respond after it connects it s wireless connection I can move around and explore the computer but no exe can be run Can t use task manager can t use run command the hourglass comes up for seconds and then disappears for any action If I hit the button for the wireless to turn it off and hard reset the laptop I can use the computer just fine If I hit the wireless button it breaks it again Interestingly when I installed superantispyware I be internet can laptop after no used executables connects to could use internet albeit the program itself was maxing out my resources slowing it to a crawl I tried using MBAM superantispyware combofix AVG spybot ESET and then signed up here and decided to post Unfortunately I ran combofix before reading the instructions my mistake I did run and get logs for DDS MBAM and GMER Here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - no executables can be used after laptop connects to internet NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by user at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW AVG Internet Security Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp www update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF BFB - - D - - A AFC - hxxp download eset com special eos OnlineScanner cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces B BFA F- F - A - E -BA D A FDA DhcpNameServer Notify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c documents and settings user application data mozilla firefox profiles jsre m default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Google FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - www google com FF - prefs js keyword URL - hxxp isearch avg com search cid B ee e - - b c-ad d-a fc a D amp mid a d deaad d d e d de f -af d a d e ab b cffb f afd d amp ds AVG amp v amp lang en amp pr fr amp d - - A A amp sap ku amp q FF - prefs js network proxy type - FF - plugin c program files java jre bin new plugin npdeployJava dll FF - plugin c program files java jre bin plugin npjp dll FF - plugin c program files mozilla firefox plugins npdeployJa... Read more

A:no executables can be used after laptop connects to internet

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467857/no-executables-can-be-used-after-laptop-connects-to-internet/
Relevancy 64.07%

Okays so we just got a brand new modem from comcast and my dis and my sisters laptop can connect to the internet. My sisters laptop say radio type "weird letter number combo) when laying on top of our modems name. But my mothers laptop says no broad cast. And thats the lap top that wont connect. That laptop connects to the modem not the internet.

A:Laptop connects to modem not internet

What's the make, model and operating system of the problem computer?

What is the network setup like in the house? A modem connected to a wireless router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-modem-not-internet.1063977/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I have an HP Pavilion g - cl Laptop running Windows I bought it new refurbished about a year and a half ago Until recently I ve had no problem connecting to the Internet via WiFi But recently although everything says I m connected to our home WiFi and things are working swimmingly I cannot access anything on the Internet I get messages like Unable to connect or Cannot show this page We have other computers on the same WiFi and none of them are having a problem I ve tried several remedies based on tips I ve seen on the Internet using a different computer of course For example I Deleted all the temp files Flushed a bunch of stuff using the Admin Command Prompt ipconfig flushdns nbtstat R nbtstat RR netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt netsh winsock reset Disabled Webroot Connected to the router via an ethernet cable Tried System Restore to about a month earlier Nothing helped Any suggestions Bill

A:Win 8 HP Laptop Connects to WiFi but Not to the Internet

Airplane mode and firewall settings are what come to mind. try disabling your firewall. if you can connect, then it's one of the settings.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53627-win-8-hp-laptop-connects-wifi-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi guys I recently bought myself a laptop acer when i connect my laptop to the wireless network it s all up and running but as soon as I plug my cable in my connection to the internet is very very slow although windows says it s connected my ipconfig laptop no cable, connects but internet to is Microsoft Windows versie Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Alle rechten voorbehouden C Users Tom gt ipconfig all Windows IP-configuratie Hostnaam Tom-PC Primair DNS-achtervoegsel Knooppunttype hybride IP-routering ingeschakeld nee WINS-proxy ingeschakeld nee DNS-achtervoegselzoeklijst lan Draadloos LAN-adapter voor laptop connects to cable, but no internet Draadloze netwerkverbinding Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel lan Beschrijving Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Fysiek adres C- - D- -B -C DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Ethernet-adapter voor LAN-verbinding Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel lan Beschrijving Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Fysiek adres B - -F -A - B-E DHCP ingeschakeld ja Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Link-local IPv -adres fe a f e voorkeur IPv -adres voorkeur Subnetmasker Lease verkregen donderdag september Lease verlopen vrijdag september Standaardgateway DHCP-server DHCPv IAID DHCPv -client DUID - - - - -AA- - C-B - -F -A - B-E DNS-servers NetBIOS via TCPIP ingeschakeld Tunnel-adapter voor isatap lan Mediumstatus medium ontkoppeld Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel lan Beschrijving Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja Tunnel-adapter voor Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Verbindingsspec DNS-achtervoegsel Beschrijving Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Fysiek adres - - - - - - -E DHCP ingeschakeld nee Autom configuratie ingeschakeld ja IPv -adres ef fb e e abae voorke ur Link-local IPv -adres fe e e abae voorkeur Standaardgateway NetBIOS via TCPIP uitgeschakeld C Users Tom my cable connection works fine on my other computer and the internet works at my school by cable any suggestions thanks in advance Tom nbsp

A:laptop connects to cable, but no internet

Reading the German IPCONFIG ... ouch(!)

"but as soon as I plug my cable in" <--- Does this mean switching from wireless (between laptop and router) to ethernet cable (between laptop and router)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-cable-but-no-internet.1015480/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I have an HP pavillion dv here it connects both wirelessly and directly to the internet but will not let me browse download Here can't to Laptop 'connects' but browse. internet are the results of a search Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Toni gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Toni-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List eau wi charter com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific Laptop 'connects' to internet but can't browse. DNS Suffix eau wi charter com Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - -A - B- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix eau wi charter com Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -FC- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address Laptop 'connects' to internet but can't browse. - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix eau wi charter com Description isatap eau wi charter com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Toni gt Please help

A:Laptop 'connects' to internet but can't browse.

Your network looks okay. You've got IP addresses and all that junk.

Reply with what version of Vista you have, whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit, what browser software you have and use, and their version numbers.

Also, let's try a little test. Open your Start Menu. In the search text bar, type your homepage or a low-infection-risk site domain page like Yahoo! or Microsoft Corporation or Business News & Financial News - The Wall Street Journal - WSJ.com. Does a window open up and a page load?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/276018-laptop-connects-internet-but-cant-browse.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I ve had a problem with my friends brand new netbook I m usually good with network related problems however nothing I can find is incorrect Computers Connect to the router and internet with no problems The Netbook however connects to the router shows up as an attached device in router config but not the internet Ipconfig simply said the Media was disconnected Subsequently Ping xxx xxx xxx xxx revealed nothing The Router, Laptop to but not Connects Internet to netbook uses WinXP Home and one of the Laptop Connects to Router, but not to Internet working computers uses WinXP Home also Furthermore resetting the router changed nothing Using Ethernet cable had no result And Laptop Connects to Router, but not to Internet just to check if it was a driver fault I tried my wireless broadband which also failed Strangely i did notice when the netbook had just stopped working in network places there was a Internet Connection Icon set to quot Disabled quot When i enabled it nothing changed after a re-boot it was gone Anti-Virus also found nothing I m hoping I can find a result because my friend seems to have a weird obsession with getting me to reformat his hard disk and fresh installing every time he has a problem Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

My Dell laptop with WindowsXP will connect at McDonalds and at Best Buy but will not connect to the internet at home. It will connect to wireless router with a good connection but says it can not connect to internet. If I hard wire it the laptop works fine, also my Wii is connected to the router and have not problems with it.

A:Laptop connects to router but not internet

what type of security are you using at home ?

remove the wireless profiles and re-enter the key

also try logging into the router - removing the security - then connect - if that works - log back into the router and put the security back on and see if it now connects

How to remove Wireless Profiles - for XP
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- XP
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=186
- delete the preferred networks
start> control panel> network connections> right click on the wireless connection> listed wireless networks tab in the preferred network list click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-router-but-not-internet.1082892/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an Asus G74Sx laptop, and recently reinstalled Windows 7 64-bit on it.
After the reinstall, everything was working fine. I was happily browsing the interwebs. 
But today, I turned on the laptop and the wifi no longer finds nor can connect to my network. 
I have repeatedly unplugged the router/modem and plugged them back in.
I have updated my wireless drivers from the Asus website. 
I even did a system restore. 

The internet works fine on the desktop, however, it is directly connected, not through wifi. 

A:Laptop No Longer Connects to Internet

UPDATE: Fully reinstalled Windows 7 all over again, completely erasing the harddrive. 
Installed the Wireless Driver so that wifi works. 
When I click on the network I want to connect to, it doesn't pop up with a password prompt. It just fails to connect. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549674/laptop-no-longer-connects-to-internet/
Relevancy 64.07%

I found an HP with vista on it in my closet. My internet works fine on my other 3 computers, but i CANNOT get it to work on my laptop. I recently got it to connect, but can't remember how for the life of me. It was working fine, and then died. Now i can't figure out how i did it! All i know is i did something and it came up with options for Home, something, and Public. It had a picture of a house and a bench..? It connects to the network fine, but the internet won't work.. help?! thanks(:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-hp-laptop-connects-to-network-but-not-the-internet-646354.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I finally downloaded and installed Windows on my computer today It has hard drives an SSD that has Windows and two other drives that have media and other stuff I shrank one of these volumes and created a new GB partition for Windows The install seemed to be without any glitches and I spent some time exploring the new OS After a while I rebooted to go back to Windows and the network adapter would not (Win8 Dual Win7 does Boot Internet not) connects, Connection Issue connect Dual Boot Internet Connection Issue (Win8 connects, Win7 does not) to the internet I rebooted and went back to Windows and it did connect to the internet I should note that upon reboot the screen was black to make the choice of OS unlike when first installed Basically I get the quot Local area doesn't have a valid ip configuration quot problem I tried cycling the modem router pc with no luck I reset the Internet Protocols as suggested but that did not help I uninstalled the adapter and let it reinstall in case Dual Boot Internet Connection Issue (Win8 connects, Win7 does not) it was a driver issue no dice I did let Windows do some updates if that is relevant Any ideas or suggestions I appreciate any help

A:Dual Boot Internet Connection Issue (Win8 connects, Win7 does not)

Update.
I gave up. I could not get it back online even after a restore so I did a fresh reinstall.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/8689-dual-boot-internet-connection-issue-win8-connects-win7-does-not.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am having the exact problem (krustyzworld) had. I have an ATT 2701 2 wire modem/router that drops off when I use my wireless laptop, it works fine when I use a Ethernet cable connection. I have tried a second ATT 2701 with the same results. The only difference between (krustyzworld) and myself is I have the correct power source and my power light don't change (it stays on steady). What happens to me is that first the internet light goes out than the green dsl light goes flashing red, in less than a minute everthing returns to normal until the next random drop off.

A:Solved: 2wire modem/router loses all connection when laptop connects wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2wire-modem-router-loses-all-connection-when-laptop-connects-wireless.1098740/
Relevancy 64.07%

I Need some help. I got a new laptop and when i enable my wireless connection on my 2wire AT&T 2701 modem and turn my laptop on to connect to a wireless connection my modem/router losses all connection.Works fine when it is hardwired. Already tried 3 seperate modems all 2701 AT&T models.Called Att and messed with some configurations but nothing has worked.Possible line problem?Has anyone had similar issues?

A:Solved: 2wire modem/router loses all connection when laptop connects wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2wire-modem-router-loses-all-connection-when-laptop-connects-wireless.953885/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

So for some reason, when I try to use my laptop to connect to the Internet here, as soon as I connect, I get a 'Limited or no connectivity message' and the router stops providing access to the Internet for every other computer connected to it (so as soon as I open that laptop and it tries to connect to the router, no one else in the house has access to the Internet and I have to unplug/plug the power cord back in the router for the Internet to start working again).

It happened without any reason that I know of. It worked normally before, I haven't used it in a week and so when I tried to connect again, it suddenly stopped working...

Is this a common issue? Any solutions? Thanks

P.S. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

A:Laptop connects to router = stops internet

Who is the manufacturer for your router?

Belkin, Netgear, Cisco/Linksys, etc..?

I know some older model Netgear & Belkin routers have had a tendency to kill the internet after so many devices connected use an unparticular amount of bandwidth... thus I have now invested in a Cisco/Linksys router... problem hasn't re-appeared since.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200432-laptop-connects-router-stops-internet.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My laptop connects to all wifi networks and connects to them, but then stays set as local and doesn't actually go to internet and allow me to go online as normal.

I've tried many different wifi networks, the laptop connects to the local library's wifi and goes to internet (usually) but on every other network I try (tried about 5 others around town and home) it stays set to local, meaning it doesn't go to internet.

I have tried to Google the problem but it doesn't really make much sense to me.

Any ideas on how to fix this so my laptop can go on the internet on other wifi networks?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129307-laptop-connects-wifi-but-only-local-not-internet.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I set up a netgear router last night. It is hard wired to a desktop. I have sbc dsl. My laptop sees the router and connects to the internet fine wirelessly. What do I have to do now to share files etc between the desktop and the laptop. I tried some diferent things last night but was unsuccessful. Any help would be greeatly appreciated.

A:laptop connects to internet but can't see desktops files

Are they both in the same Workgroup?
Are they both Windows XP Pro or Home?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-to-internet-but-cant-see-desktops-files.514306/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I have an HP pavillion dv here it connects both wirelessly and directly to the internet but will not let me browse download Here are the results of a search Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Toni gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Toni-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List eau wi charter com Wireless LAN internet Solved: 'connects' browse. to can't Laptop but adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix eau wi charter com Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - -A - B- - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix eau wi charter com Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -FC- - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Solved: Laptop 'connects' to internet but can't browse. Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix eau wi charter com Description isatap eau wi charter com Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Toni gt Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop 'connects' to internet but can't browse.

A top suspect is a non-Windows firewall or security suite blocking your browser(s). What browser(s)?

Try these tests in a Command prompt window and display the results the same way you did the ipconfig /all

ping 192.168.1.1

ping 98.137.149.56

ping yahoo.com

Also ...

(From a JohnWill post)

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-connects-to-internet-but-cant-browse.917932/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hiya,

I'm sorry if I've put this note in the wrong place.

My laptop has stopped letting me browse websites. The internet is connected and when I click "diagnose and repair" it says there are no problems. My skype, however, is working fine. I thought it might be mozilla because that was the last programme I updated so I uninstalled mozilla, but it didn't make any difference - even using internet explorer it still comes up as "page cannot be displayed".

I have a pc connected to the same network so it can't be a problem with the router. I am so confused! I've turned my firewall off and that hasn't made any difference, I've also restarted the router just in case but that didn't make any difference either.

I would be massively appreciative of any advice you could give!

Emily

A:laptop connects to internet but i can't browse websites

hi and welcome to TSF try going to tools in internet explorer internet options and delete your browsing history,cookies etc and retry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-connects-to-internet-but-i-cant-browse-websites-398398.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a brand new ASUS X54 C laptop. It detects the wireless network, and will connect to the network, but it shows "no internet access." When I ran the troubleshooter it said "default gateway not available." I updated Windows and my drivers, and that did not help. I had Comcast check the new router, and they said it was okay. My cell phone connects to the internet perfectly through the same wifi...I'm out of ideas. I can connect to the internet by ethernet, but that's all.
Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 63.64%

I am using a Linksys BEFW v router b for my wireless network I know it s old but it works fine for me It is hardwired to my Gateway desktop internet from connects Key it on Laptop router's...but to still WEP Network different running XP SP My daughter tried to connect her Dell Inspiron laptop to WEP Network Key on Laptop different from router's...but it still connects to internet my home wireless network She found the network SSID but when she put in the WEP key from the router it wouldn t connect That led us to check my Dell Inspiron which was and has been connected When we checked the Network key on the it only had spaces asterisks instead of the for the router s WEP Yet it still worked ok My Inspiron uses an Inter R PRO Wireless ABG network adaptor In the Wireless Network Connection Properties Network Connections under Wireless Network Key it says This network requires a key for the following Network Authentication Open Data Encryption WEP Network Key asterisks I tried to put in the digit WEP key from the router confirmed it when I clicked quot OK quot the laptop was connected But in the quot Network Key quot box there were again only asterisks I m obviously glad my laptop is connected at home and my daughter s laptop connects to her wireless network in her apartment in another city And when I go on trips I ve had no problem in hotels connecting to their wireless networks And she apparently connects fine WEP Network Key on Laptop different from router's...but it still connects to internet at other locations I m sure both the laptops can utilize WAP but my old router only has WEP and it is currently set for bit I can t help but think however that my daughter s inability to connect with the digit WEP Key of the router is somehow related to my s automatically changing the number of digits in its Network key box and since they are asterisks I don t know what key it is using My guess is that a solution to one of these perplexing issues will lead to solving the other one Does anyone have any thoughts Any additional information you need from me Thank you nbsp

A:WEP Network Key on Laptop different from router's...but it still connects to internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wep-network-key-on-laptop-different-from-routers-but-it-still-connects-to-internet.769821/
Relevancy 63.64%

This is my mothers laptop and i told her i would fix it, when running in normal mode it doesnt connect to the wireless internet connection i have set up, however in safe mode it works fine, not sure what i can do i tried to install avg free security and scan for viruses however that dont work either, so im at a loss and need help, she hasnt used it in a long time she said so i dont know what it can be, Hopefully someone can help me.

A:laptop only connects to internet in safe mode

Hello, I am moving this to the Am I Infected forum from Vista for now. As I actually suspect malware.FirstOpen up Internet Explorer. Click on Tools, Internet Options, Connections Tab, LAN Settings Tab, Make sure the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" box is not checked.If no go.. Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. >>>> Download this file and doubleclick on it to run it. Allow the information to be merged with the registry.RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339299/laptop-only-connects-to-internet-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone! I am writing because my laptop keeps restarting randomly after I turn on it's ability to connect wirelessly to the internet. It gives me a one-second BSOD which I can't read because that's when it turns off and restarts! I'd post the error message if I could read it. I have run VirusScan twice now (came back with nothing) and SpyDocter and Adaware and am really at my wits end. I have a three year old Toshiba Tecra M2V and am using XP. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know! I would greatly appreciate it!

A:My Laptop Restarts everytime it connects to the internet!

Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery Settings

Uncheck Automatically Restart

Click Apply and then OK

Now when you receive a blue screen the computer will pause on it and you will have to reboot manually.

The 'Blue Screen of Death' (or BSOD) is refered to by Microsoft as a Stop Message. They can occur for many reasons. In order to diagnose it's cause we need as much info as you can give about the stop message. Please write it down and post it back here the next time it happens. In particular, it helps to have the somewhat cryptic series of numbers about half way down the blue screen that have this sort of format:

0x0000008E (Followed by four other sets of numbers in parenthesis.)
It is also helpful to know the answers to these questions:What are you doing when this happens (are you on line, starting the computer, etc).
Does it always happen at the same time?
Is it always the same message, or is it a different set of numbers each time?
Have you added any hardware or software lately?
Are you experiencing any other buggy behavior from this computer (such as it runs slower than it used to, etc)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-laptop-restarts-everytime-it-connects-to-the-internet-133956.html