Windows Support Forum

"167 - No processor bios update found" - but how ??

Q: "167 - No processor bios update found" - but how ??

hello

My comp is: IBM

machine type: NETVISTA 6578
Model HGD

I found on IBM website that Coppermine Pentium III 800 Mhz is correct one for the main board: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-4LHMXK

So I had bought and instaled the Processor PIII 800. Hmm next in BIOS I can see a crap:

"167 - No processor bios update found"

I cleared BIOS albd loaded default values. IBM website is really crap

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "167 - No processor bios update found" - but how ??

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "167 - No processor bios update found" - but how ??

and my BIOS date is 2003. IBM is a crap isn't it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/167-no-processor-bios-update-found-but-how.622008/
Relevancy 89.44%

I found" Drive "Operating Hard not system BIOS - error? or switched my Fujjitsu-Siemens Amilo li- the other day and was met with the dreaded "Operating system not found" - BIOS or Hard Drive error? operating system not found message I haven t changed anything big recently and it s more or "Operating system not found" - BIOS or Hard Drive error? less been working fine for a long time now I had however just had it in a bag and moved it across town so after reading up I thought maybe something might have come loose inside But I also read that it could be a BIOS problem and after going in there I noticed that under hard drive in main it said None Changing it to auto or user didn t seem to make much difference as it still wouldn t load and would always revert back to none However I also read that if the computer keeps resetting itself to an arbitrary time and date that it can be symptomatic of a CMOS problem my computer had been doing this occasionally for a month or two before this happened I also tried making a windows vista recovery CD and tried to boot off that but still got the same Operating System Not Found message Basically I want to make sure i ve tried everything before I open the case and go poking around inside as I d really have no idea what i m doing but i m hoping it s just a loose wire that will be pretty self-evident when I open it up Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

So were on found," "no not HDD computer, New BIOS drives I just built my first computer components below G SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC SAPPHIRE Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB New computer, "no drives were found," HDD not on BIOS Cache SATA Gb s quot Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit - OEM Intel Core i - Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core GIGABYTE GA-Z -D H LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Everything was working New computer, "no drives were found," HDD not on BIOS perfectly until I tried installing Windows After meddling with the BIOS settings I got the Windows to start installing However after the quot installing features quot part finished the computer stopped I waited for a few minutes before an error message appeared I forgot to write down the error because I was tired and thought it would resolve itself Yes I am a moron Anyways I restared the installation but this time I got the quot No drives were found Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot message I looked up the solution and checked the BIOS when to my surprise I could not find the SATA connection to my HDD I'm really quite stuck here I tried all the combinations of SATA that I could and still the HDD didn't show up If anyone knows how to help please let me know

A:New computer, "no drives were found," HDD not on BIOS

Chalkman, Welcome to SF.
Please read the mobo manual and plug the sata cable to the target hard drive into sata port I (one). Make sure you have the power cable connected to the PSU. Please have all other sata connections removed except for the optical drive if it's a sata connection and then retry the clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/235553-new-computer-no-drives-were-found-hdd-not-bios.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a one month old Inspiron Intel i GB Ram TB HDD nbsp nbsp Last week I received a message nbsp from Dell Assistant saying that an update needs to be installed nbsp nbsp After installing it nbsp I got a dark screen with white text stating quot No Boot Device Found - Press any Key to reboot quot nbsp Every reboot I got the same message nbsp Fortunately I was able to phone call for support nbsp me Assistant an Device "No update. Found" after Boot sent Dell I am not a techie so It s not clear to me what was going on but the agent had me push F key on reboot and do some diagnostics and make a change nbsp to something nbsp about the BIOS nbsp Then nbsp I was able to use the laptop again nbsp I asked the agent why this happened and she said "No Boot Device Found" after Dell Assistant sent me an update. something about Legacy BIOS not being recognized nbsp I didn t understand and asked again why Dell sent me a message to update a one month old laptop and then because of that update the "No Boot Device Found" after Dell Assistant sent me an update. laptop could not find the Boot Device nbsp She did not have an answer nbsp Now I m not sure if I should allow future updates from Dell nbsp onto my laptop nbsp Can anyone give me a non-techie nbsp explanation of what happened nbsp nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989001
Relevancy 86.43%

I really hope some one can help me with this. I have tried everything I know. Everytime I go to shut down or even log off, this error pops up. I press return, and it carries on as normal but its just really annoying.

I have tried reinstalling XP service patch 2, scanning for missing windows files, looked at the leven manager but it tells me nothing, looked at task manager nut there are no running applications, tried resitry cleaning tools, disabled erro reporting.....but nothing has worked.

I think...think...this may have happened after a virus was found on my pc and I chose delete but since then, I have deleted the anti virus program and used another one.

Does any one know, how I can either turn off the message or better still track what file its trying to find. Any help would be most appreciaed.

A:Update Runtime Error "53" File Not Found

Welcome to TSG...That error message usually includes the name of the .dll file-without that, you're right...tough to pin down.

If you've just recently installed a new program (like your new antivirus), try uninstalling from add/remove programs and reinstalling the application. Corrupted or unfinished installations can be at fault...

If you have the slightest suspicion that there may still be malware on your machine, download hijackthis here:

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Paste the log in your next reply.
If you haven't already posted then start a new thread in the security forum
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-runtime-error-53-file-not-found.610592/
Relevancy 85.57%

Good Evening All,

I having a problem with my Dell Latitude D610.

I went to update the BIOS and it said that the battery is not installed despite the laptop running solely off of battery power!

I have ran the dell device diagnostic and device manager and no issue appears to be with the battery. When you check the battery info in the BIOS settings it says the batteries are not installed and also when you log into XP it constantly says running off of AC power even when its not plugged in!

Any one got any ideas what could be causing this and how it can be solved?

Thanks Nick

A:Dell Latitude "battery not installed" preventing BIOS update

It may be referring to the CMOS battery which is wired to the computer beneath the keyboard. The battery can be replaced for $8.95 to $29.95 depending on where you purchase...

But regardless, you do have a problem that must be resolved. The D610 has been one strange little irrelevant problem after another... but you cannot afford to irritate it and have that mysterious unremovable password appear as it has on so many D610 and D620 Dells.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-battery-not-installed-preventing-bios-update.135990/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi everyone I am having an issue with my Toshiba notebook My model is Satellite A - MS C I am out of warranty Originally I was having problems turning on my computer I would push update Toshiba black "bios" after screen - Satellite the power button to turn on the computer Usually there is a Toshiba loading screen with a bar at the bottom showing the loading process Right after there is a Windows loading screen with another bar at the bottom showing the loading process I was having problems at the Toshiba loading screen It would load about and then freeze My computer would not turn on and I would have to manually press the power button to turn the computer off Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update Then press the power button again after waiting a few minutes to try to turn the computer on again After having this problem for a week I figured it was maybe because my computer Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update is not as updated as it should be So I went to the official Toshiba website to their updates page I started to download the BIOS update In the middle of the installation my computer shut down turned off by itself There was no indication that the installation was complete I also remembered reading that the BIOS update should restart automatically My computer turned off itself all of a sudden and did not turn back on After waiting a couple of minutes I tried turning it on manually by pushing the power button There was sound and the blue power button light below the touchpad was on However the screen was black and blank I ve read a couple of other online forums and there has been similar issues A member on notebookreview com username marmle said quot I tried updateig my bios and my laptop died halfway through now it doesnt do anything powers up but then just black and its out of warranty quot Another member on notebookreview com username wade fan said quot Just an fyi I just had the same thing happen to my A -S and I went ahead and called toshiba and they told me that it is a known issue and will be covered by toshiba until december hope this helps anybody out there I am now sending my laptop back to toshiba to get fixed at no charge quot Has anybody heard about this same issue Any ideas on how I can notify or ask Toshiba to fix it for free Is sending my labtop in the only way to fix this problem What are my options I called technical support for help as well but they just kept telling me to send it in Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update

Known issue, but Toshiba takes forever to make it right... Yes we have seen the problem... but don't expect Toshiba to get it back to you quickily... as they have to replace the system board, and they are usually out.
There is nothing you can do but send it in... because otherwise your system board is ruined.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-black-screen-after-bios-update.129057/
Relevancy 85.57%

Should have sent this 1st time - sorry. I do have another
problem. I upgraded two of my machines at microsoft's persistent urging. Ever since I get intermittent "Server Not Found" and similar errors. Sometimes "try again" or "reload page" works. Same on both machines. Both xp - one sp2, other sp3. I've disables addons and suspect IE. I use Firefox v 12. Thanks again!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2045 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 159971 MB, Free - 139425 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0HN338
Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-not-found-after-windows-update.1053814/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello TSG Just yesterday I was using the computer normally until I got a Blue Screen Getting a blue screen is usually something normal that occurs to my every so often so I didn t mind it and rebooted the computer normally Disk not 1 Solved: found" and problem "Drive "Floppy Failure" However I got two more blue screens within the next hour The rd time rebooting my computer starts to act strange as if it had a virus Upon powering up the monitor would just display a black screen with two lines about something --- which I don t remember sorry --- and stayed like that unless I plugged out the power cord or held on the power button to shut down Then when after a few tries it boots and displays a message quot Floppy Disk Failure quot and quot Drive not found Serial ATA SATA- quot and the same message for Drives and show up Also it asks me to continue loading by pressing the F Key When Windows loads the first time it displays a message saying a bunch of hardware has just been installed and ready for use Also Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem my internal clock resetted itself back to Monday November Which if I recall is the date when I got the computer and my speakers do not work TL Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem DR Version Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem blue screens within a short time Floppy disk fail Drivers - not found Serial ATA SATA- - Anyway I browsed through Google but I haven t seen anyone with both problems I disabled my Floppy Disk Drive and that message doesn t show up anymore but the others do and my computer still isn t fixed I ran a virus scan over night but I woke up to a black screen I use avast Antivirus with COMODO Firewall Is this a virus Is this because my hardware is old Here are the Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon X X X Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc X CN G WL Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

quot no audio device "No -- sound playback card "no "no device" -- audio found" was device" quot quot no playback device quot quot No Sound Card was found quot ok I m stuck puzzled I recently had a professional computer fix it company wipe my computer and now I do not have any "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" sound I do not have even the little icon "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" on the bottom left hand corner "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" to turn volume up or down My keyboard does not allow me to turn the volume up or down it seems unresponsive to volume but does light up on the screen showing VOLUME but of course there is no volume I am computer illiterate and thirsty for answers Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Media Center Edition Version Service Pack System Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model Enclosure Type Desktop RC AA-ABA a n BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Volume indicates quot no sound quot and Device Volume is all the way to LOW and everything is GREY and untouchable unchangeable Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Audio indicates quot no playback devices quot on Sound Playback Sound recording is working fine as I use skype many times but I can not hear the other party but they can hear me just fine Starting with the BIOS I went into Audio and made sure this was enabled it was downloaded installed Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio and downloaded installed REALTEK AC Audio the DEVICE MANAGER gt system speaker says there are no drivers installed for this device Device Manager shows NO yellow flags DEVICE MANAGER gt Sound video and game controllers has gt ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA gt Audio Codecs gt Legacy Audio Codecs gt Legacy Video Capture Devices gt Media Control Devices gt USB Audio Device gt Video Codecs Checking all hardware reveals that all devices Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Devices Media Control Devices etc are working properly I have tried the Windows XP trouble shooting menus without success I have RUN gt typed in quot services msc then checked Windows Audio gt General verified that Start up type is quot Automatic quot and even gt Windows Audio gt Restart the Service on all failures yet still no sound I have checked the speakers and it seems like there is noise static coming out but i can only hear it if earplugs are plugged in so it seems that the connection is fine after RUN gt typing in quot dxdiag quot DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL gt Sound it reads under notes quot No sound card was found If one is expected you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer quot This is where I get fuzzy and lost Do I need a new sound card installed Is that the problem I would be grateful for any advice that could be offered Please speak in laymans terms and explain in detail your directions Thank you kindly nbsp

A:"No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found"

STLj said:

<snip>
after RUN>
typing in "dxdiag"
DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL>Sound
it reads under notes,
"No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer".

This is where I get fuzzy and lost. Do I need a new sound card installed? Is that the problem?Click to expand...

That dxdiag "no sound card" message is misleading as I've found it says that if no driver OR sound card. I think you're missing the right driver

Also, it would seem from your post you have High Definition (HD) audio. Which means you'll need to find the right High Definition audio driver. (AC97 pre-dates HD audio so the Realtek AC97 couldn't be right)

Try starting on the HP support website HERE and enter your model number or they have a button where they'll try to identify your product and drivers for your model. They should list an HD audio driver there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-no-playback-device-no-sound-card-was-found.177518/
Relevancy 84.28%

I recently flashed the BIOS on my P5N32-E SLI from 1404 to 1601, and when it was done, the board would no longer successfully POST with both of my 8800GTS 512s plugged in. Every time it POSTed it would fail either upon listing the CPU speed, or while searching for HDDs and optical drives. Problem disappeared when I removed my second 8800GTS. I wondered if maybe my power supply (460 watt Enermax, 33A +12V) was starting to fail, because it is a little low on juice to power an SLI system.

But it powered it just fine for about 4 months.

So that led me to believe that this BIOS flash has somehow caused the board to not want to POST anymore when both cards are plugged in. So I'm wondering if it's possible to flash my BIOS back to an older version, one that actually allows SLI to work.

EDIT: Fixed, see post 10.

A:"Update" BIOS to a previous version

IF you updated your Bios you might need to also go into it and re-enable SLI.

Check it out!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/update-bios-to-a-previous-version.118068/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi just as the question title says I am having a RunDLL error with the windows dll RUNDLL ~ Loading could ~ Streamci" found" be "The "Error Specified module not quot streamci dll quot I am getting this error while trying to install my Audio Drivers on my newly set up XP OS During the installation of XP a couple of files were not copied properly because the CD was scratched up pretty badly but I had no other copy of the CD I had to just skip and hope windows installed and was usable Are there any tools that can scan RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found" your computer for missing windows DLL s and re-install them I have already tried downloading the file streamci dll from the internet and installing it with Code regsvr streamci dll in the command line but I get the following error RegSvr quot Streamci dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file can not be registered quot Click to expand Would downloading and re-installing SP from microsoft possibly fix this problem Any Ideas nbsp

A:RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found"

What version of XP Pro did you install with that CD?

XP Pro original

XP Pro SP1

XP Pro SP2

Have you downloaded and installed the SP3 upgrade?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rundll-error-loading-streamci-the-specified-module-could-not-be-found.918938/
Relevancy 84.28%

Had posted this No Reposes at all So I m going to try here http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -w k-explorer-exe-entry-point html Was working fine then something went wrong COX Secuity Suite blurped it caught a Trojan didn t catch name It had blocked it but couldn t remove it Explorer will no longer load ERROR MESSAGE Explorer exe - Entry Point Not Found X The procedure entry point PrintWindow could not be lcoated in the dynamic link library "ljjjjij.dll" Found" Not "Explorer.exe Entry W2K: causing - Point USER dll OK Click to expand I looked in the subdir and found explorer exe was gone I pulled a copy of explorer exe from the old C now D but I get the same error message I can muddle around with TaskMgr but I no longer have my display for desktop or menu bar i e Start and such This is my most current HiJackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT W2K: "ljjjjij.dll" causing "Explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found" MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cox Applications app SysSvcNt exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINNT system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINNT system notepad exe C Documents and Settings Franc Desktop DOWNLOADS ANTI-VIRUS HIJACK-THIS HijackThis exe not sure about the following I colored in blue R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AuthPopupBHO cBHO - C F -D - D -BA - EE EDAC - C Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dll won t delete O - BHO no name - E BD - FD - C-A F- EBE D F - C WINNT system ljjjjij dll O - Toolbar Cox Popup Blocker - C A F - D - B- - C BCE - C Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C msconfig exe auto O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunOnce BrandClearStubs RUNDLL IEDKCS DLL BrandCleanInstallStubs gt B E -C CC- D - - A C FF MICROS O - HKLM RunOnce RunOnceEx rundll exe C WINNT system iernonce dll RunOnceExProcess O - HKL... Read more

A:W2K: "ljjjjij.dll" causing "Explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-ljjjjij-dll-causing-explorer-exe-entry-point-not-found.625980/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi All I'm having some issues with WinDBG and a crash dump analysis for a Windows and WinDBG are - "file WRONG" found" not "Kernel symbols Phone so I hope someone could answer this question here Background information Recently I bought a brand new Lumia XL Dual SIM phone which keeps restarting over and over on a very WinDBG - "Kernel symbols are WRONG" and "file not found" random basis After reading several threads it turns out WinDBG - "Kernel symbols are WRONG" and "file not found" that many people are suffering from the same issue and generic remediation steps are not working at all This includes using Windows Device Recovery Tool turning off certain features such as WiFi amp Bluetooth SD card usage etc After troubleshooting this issue for a while I decided to get on with Field Medic application which clearly indicated a F crash Unfortunately this didn't tell anything too specific so I captured a minidump from the phone and went straight to WinDBG for further analysis Now my issue is that although I can load the crashdump into WinDBG I'm unable to get the appropriate symbol files as WinDBG is constantly complaining about not finding the required files I've changed the required sympaths as necessary so I've been trying to use the official MS online repositories but WinDBG just doesn't want to cooperate and get the files Unfortunately I couldn't find an offline symbols repository for Windows Phone and therefore I'm stuck with the analysis The symbols would be required in order to nail down the root cause making the F crashes So far I can only see that this is possibly a driver related issue but with the symbols I would be able to get a better answer on what's going on exactly For those who are interested I provided some details about this Lumia XL problem in another thread found here page http answers microsoft com en-us mobiledevices forum mdlumia-mdw phone lumia- xl-randomly-restarting f c e -cd a- a - b- e fd a c page amp tm LastReply Anyway here are some fragments from theoutput of WinDBG initial configuration steps Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WPB Telemetry Archive Oca memory dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Time ms nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location Deferred nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol Path validation summary Response nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Time ms nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location Deferred nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free ARM NT Thumb- Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS PhoneNT Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x e Debug session time Thu Apr UTC System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Probably caused by ntoskrnl wrong symbols exe nt wrong symbols FF F Followup... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6542a8b3-3afc-469d-98e1-3e6e77e8685b/windbg-quotkernel-symbols-are-wrongquot-and-quotfile-not-foundquot?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello last November I installed and ran the Gov t Malware Program by Amnesty Int called quot Detekt quot It found that my PC was infected with removed Unlocker Babylon "Ghost"_ from found "Detekt" MWB quot Ghost "Detekt" found "Ghost"_ MWB removed Babylon from Unlocker quot Unfortunately this program only finds spyware malware but does not "Detekt" found "Ghost"_ MWB removed Babylon from Unlocker offer any removal tools I tried running Avast and CCleaner but they were not able to find anything on my Computer Detekt would still find quot Ghost quot Later in I installed a new Avira Anti Vir program instead of Avast whih I used before plus Malwarebytes Anti Malware All programs were updated Neither one of these three programs did find anything at the time to the end of Now today Jan I updated and used Malwarebytes and it found quot Babylon A quot a kind of quot Ghost quot if I understand right in the quot Unlocker quot program files It was put into quarantine by MWB I will try to do as you describe the process and first post the log files that MWB put out today My external Hard Disc Drive was connected during the scans Please let me know if my Computer is safe now and if there are any safety measures to take like not using old USB sticks or the like Thank you for your help QuestionGhost nbsp

A:"Detekt" found "Ghost"_ MWB removed Babylon from Unlocker

I do not recall exactly when or why I installed Unlocker (1.9.2), or where I got it from, but I must have downloaded and installed it around Nov 2014 (last run Nov 24, 2014)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/detekt-found-ghost-_-mwb-removed-babylon-from-unlocker.207901/
Relevancy 84.28%

My problem started and I Found" Entry W2K: - "ljjjjij.dll" Not causing "Explorer.exe Point ve been hoping someone could look at this I apparently caught a Trojan and can W2K: "ljjjjij.dll" causing "Explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found" t get rid of it This trojan has screwed up my explorer file I m unable to get a display of my DeskTop blue screen only Reduced to using TaskMgr to run iexplore to access internet and navigate Ran explorer and received the following error explorer exe - Entry Point Not Found X The procedure entry point PrintWindow cound not be located in the dynamic link library USER dll OK Click to expand I can muddle around with TaskMgr but I no longer have my display for desktop or menu bar i e Start and such Had a security expert instruct me to rename my USER DLL to USER OLD which hosed my computer could not boot up Had to find my OS disk to get back in and rename the file back so I can get back to where I was Here is my HiJackThis log ----------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cox Applications app SysSvcNt exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C WINNT system taskmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Documents and Settings Franc Desktop DOWNLOADS ANTI-VIRUS HIJACK-THIS HijackThis exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe not sure about the following I colored in blue R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AuthPopupBHO cBHO - C F -D - D -BA - EE EDAC - C Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO no name - E BD - FD - C-A F- EBE D F - C WINNT system ljjjjij dll O - Toolbar Cox Popup Blocker - C A F - D - B- - C BCE - C Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C msconfig exe auto O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunOnce BrandClearStubs RUNDLL IEDKCS DLL BrandCleanInstallStubs gt B E -C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-ljjjjij-dll-causing-explorer-exe-entry-point-not-found.623347/
Relevancy 84.28%

Entering the bios limits me to certain options. Is there anyway to access the other options? sorry, newbie here.

A:No "usb legacy support" "qfan" options on my asus laptop bios.

If your BIOS doesn't include such options, then they simply are not there.

I don't know about hacking BIOS's, and I wouldn't suggest it at all. You could brick your motherboard.

However, you should check with your manufacturer's website and see if there is an update available for the BIOS that may increase available options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/222756-no-usb-legacy-support-qfan-options-my-asus-laptop-bios.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am buying a "MSI P965 Platinum LGA 775" motherboard and Iam confused which Processor to buy.
Which of the two Processors work with it?
The Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8GHz:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115013

And the:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115017

If both is accepted from the motherboard,I already know that the Quad Q6600 is better, but is it going to be such a big difference in performance to choose it. it is almost 600$ difference.
Thank you

A:What is the difference between an "2M shared L2 Cache" processor and a "2 x 4MB L2 C"

One shares the level 2 cache on the CPU and the other has 2 different 4MB 2 level cache on the CPU. This one I would go with. Think of these caches as a buffering to and from the CPU thus speeding up the processing power.

If you got the money get the Quad Core one is going to be faster and better than Dual Core...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-difference-between-an-2m-shared-l2-cache-processor-and-a-2-x-4mb-l2-c.72126/
Relevancy 83.42%

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 82.99%

Ok, now I get another problem... When I click "install now", I get a msg box that is saying 'no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK'

What should I do now?

A:When I click "install now", it's saying "No device drivers were found"

Is the HD showing in BIOS?

Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/174343-when-i-click-install-now-its-saying-no-device-drivers-were-found.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 82.13%

When trying to update with Windows update i get a spontaneous reboot or a bluescreen-crash The filename quot lzx sys quot is mentioned The updates i'm trying to install are the following roughly translated from norwegian quot Update for Windows Media Format SDK for Windows XP KB quot quot Windows Tool for removal of dangerous software - march KB quot Other than that i believe i have all other "Exploit/ByteVerify" reboots/bluescreens - spontaneous Update Windows - "lzx32.sys" windows-updates I do however recall there beeing a third update on Windows Update - spontaneous reboots/bluescreens "lzx32.sys" - "Exploit/ByteVerify" the list Windows Update - spontaneous reboots/bluescreens "lzx32.sys" - "Exploit/ByteVerify" when i started the installation for the first time After the third or forth spontanous restart Windows Update - spontaneous reboots/bluescreens "lzx32.sys" - "Exploit/ByteVerify" bluscreen when i figured something was wrong it has disappeared from the list I do not know if it actually got installed or not I've been following the -steps-before-posting as good as possible From my normal startup programs msn-messenger and daemon-tools were shutted down before the dss-scan Here are the three logs panda-activescan dss-main and dss-extra attached PS note that the quot extra txt quot is from the first scan which was done abit earlier than my last scan where the pasted quot main txt quot is from This is because i was unable to get a fresh quot extra txt quot from the last scan no minimized window at all OK here we go now Incident Status Location Adware adware abox Not disinfected Windows Registry Dialer dialer asl Not disinfected HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats D A -E C - E F-A - D AC A Adware adware azesearch Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware adshooter Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware fastvideoplayer Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware wupd Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware ist sidefind Not disinfected Windows Registry Dialer dialer dk Not disinfected HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats D - F - C-B E -DEBDD C Adware adware ist istbar Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware dyfuca Not disinfected Windows Registry Potentially unwanted tool Application ServUBased A Not disinfected C Burn-Backup kl - Burn Stuff Progz - Inet Serv-U fo-su zip fo-su exe SERVUDAEMON EXE Spyware Cookie BurstNet Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Mozilla Firefox Profiles hfevyay default cookies txt burstnet com Spyware Cookie Xiti Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Mozilla Firefox Profiles hfevyay default cookies txt xiti com Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Mozilla Firefox Profiles hfevyay default cookies txt ad yieldmanager com Hacktool Exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar java jar- f c - ee e f zip NewSecurityClassLoader class Hacktool Exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar java jar- f c - ee e f zip NewURLClassLoader class Hacktool Exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar loaderadv jar- b- efe zip Matrix class Hacktool Exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar loaderadv jar- b- efe zip Dummy class Adware Adware Give free Not disinfected C Programfiler Give Free Plugin ibho dll Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Claw on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Claw exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at... Read more

A:Windows Update - spontaneous reboots/bluescreens "lzx32.sys" - "Exploit/ByteVerify"

BUMP

In addition I've done some work myself (Rustbfix.exe, SpywareGuard, SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition, AVG Anti-Spyware), and it seems to be cleaner than it was (i.e. Windows Update works).

It would be nice anyways to get the facts straight, so here's a fresh log from Deckards System Scanner:

Deckard's System Scanner v20070318.32
Run by Claw_ on 2007-03-22 at 14:16:44
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- HijackThis (run as Claw_.exe) -----------------------------------------------

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 14:17:16, on 22.03.2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Programfiler\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Programfiler\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Programfiler\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Programfiler\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Programfiler\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Programfiler\WZCBDL Service\WZCBDLS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Programfiler\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
C:\Programfiler\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Programfiler\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Programfiler\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Programfiler\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Programfiler\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe
C:\Programfiler\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Programfiler\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Programfiler\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Programfiler\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Programfiler\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Claw_\Skrivebord\Security-stuff\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HIJACK~1\Claw_.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.no/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1A0AADCD-3A72-4b5f-900F-E3BB5A838E2A} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {208E7E77-507A-4649-B0C9-D39E9049C7A2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Programfiler\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-spontaneous-reboots-bluescreens-lzx32-sys-exploit-byteverify-145850.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm trying to find the settings called "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" both in bios but i can't find them.

Does anyone know where they are? Like under what options in bios?

A:Where are "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" located in bios?

They may not be there at all. If the modem is built into the board, maybe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-are-modemringon-and-pme-wake-up-event-located-in-bios.789506/
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm trying to find the settings called "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" both in bios but i can't find them.

Does anyone know where they are? Like under what options in bios?

A:Where are "ModemRingOn" and "PME Wake Up Event" located in bios?

BIOS's vary widely; there is no standard features that are included. It's possible your BIOS has neither of them.

If these are features you are interested in exist, the first thing to do is to check the motherboard manufacturer's web site's "support" page, and find out what the latest version of BIOS is available for your motherboard, compare that to what you actually have on your motherboard, and then read the change log to see if possible these features were added.

You can also research these features by Googling the text "ModemRingOn" and the model number of your motherboard "GA-XYZ123" in the same search, in order to filter hits that are limited to those that include references to both of these qualities. Look for forum posts, and other technical sites & information.

Also, look for the User Manual for your motherboard on-line. Sometimes these include information on the BIOS of the motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-are-modemringon-and-pme-wake-up-event-located-in-bios-334129.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

So I have this weird thing happening in my relatively fresh install of Windows 10.
Whenever I search for "Check for Updates" or "Windows Update settings" on the search box of the start menu, I get the results that I want but if I press enter or try to click on those results nothing happens.. As far as I know I can click all others search results but those, and maybe others related to windows update.

I can still get updates by going to Settings>Update & Security though.

In my other computers this works fine, and as far as I can tell all the updates are done.
From what I've searched around other people seemed to have a similar issue where they couldn't acess the settings at all which isn't my case. Still I tried the sfc/ scannow that a lot of users seemed to recommend but no results.

A:Can't click on "Check for Updates" "Windows Update settings" on Start

Spanker,
.............. Still I tried the sfc/ scannow that a lot of users seemed to recommend but no results. .....................

Please clarify what did you mean by "no results".

When sfc /scannow is completed, it will give you one of the following 3 reports....................(paraphrasing)

1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupted files and repair is successful.
3. Found corrupted files but unable to repair some of them.

Which one of the above is applicable to you ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47108-cant-click-check-updates-windows-update-settings-start.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi --

I just migrated to a new hard drive and did a clean install of Win7 (did not have SP1 on the DVD).

During the Updating process, windows stopped working and I received an error, something about running Update again, etc. So I rebooted and finished the Upgrading process...no further problems noted.

However, I view the "Installed Updates" and see that KB2604114 and about 20 other updates "FAILED." But when I view the "Update History," it lists KB2604114 and the others as "installed."

I'm confused. Are the updates I'm referring to "FAILED" or are they properly installed?

Thanks!

A:Win7 - "View Update History" vs. "Installed Update"

In your description, you might have switched the observations.

"History" is a log that tracks attempts at installing specific updates. One user might have multiple failed attempts for a particular update; or multiple successful attempts if one was looking for a source of a problem.

"Installed updates" records the last successful installation of a specific update; no timestamp, just the date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/247462-win7-view-update-history-vs-installed-update.html
Relevancy 80.84%

windows xp
google and/or IE 8

jus started happening,,,maybe been a week now.
anybody got some ideas????

A:"server not found" or "connection timed out" ?

Can you get on the internet at all?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-not-found-or-connection-timed-out.951893/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello guys,

I don't know what I did, but nothing happens when I click on those two things in the search bar:

View image: wtf

I reinstalled Windows a few hours ago, and IIRC pressing those with the mouse lead somewhere. Now when I click on them, it does nothing. I have to type in "Settings", so I can click on the actual Windows App. Then I can navigate to those settings. IIRC those results were "clickable".

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance!

A:Can't open "Windows Update Settings" or "Check for Updates"

Hello iamnewhere,

If you like, here's a Windows Update shortcut to use for now until hopefully an update will sort it for you.

Windows Update Shortcut - Create in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44735-cant-open-windows-update-settings-check-updates.html
Relevancy 80.84%

To anyone that can help me out I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error update windows "WindowsUpdate_80073712" code home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot To bring you up to speed windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box To see the updates that did not install refer to the image titled quot update quot Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped I'm also attaching my checksur log I don't understand it now and it looks like a foreign language to me but as I progress through my information systems degree I hope one day I can become a techsupport forum partner Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent HERE IS MY CHECKSUR LOG Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c af b ed d f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ad cd de f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none aba dfa bcab f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none db a bc d e f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none ae aecb bfcc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb b f f f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb cfaa e b e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b fc fc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b e bab e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ae cf b c f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none a ef a a f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c f ef c c e Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi have you tried running a start up repair An update is not installed successfully when you try to install the update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt000-632721.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm not sure what this is in Windows Update [and this seems to be greyed out itself too], but how is it possible to have no results in Google on this KB that's in Windows Update?

I also clicked on the "more information" for the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but nothing came up there either.

A:A "non-existent" Windows update ("KB3024777") even Google can't find

Also note that it can't be unchecked/deselected.

Edit: It seems this update removes kb3004394 and vanish without a trace (except in History).
Neither seems to be available in the uninstall list afterwards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355004-non-existent-windows-update-kb3024777-even-google-cant-find.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win7 professional x64 hoping to fix the above mentioned problem. After a complete re-install Im getting the same errors.

Im not sure of the proper terminology here, but during startup the computer does a scan of all hardware and "Volume 0" has a "failed" message.

The odd thing is that sometimes after a few restarts and pointless boot menu visits the computer starts up fine.

I tried windows repair feature by booting from the disk, but when I get to the window where i select the operating system to repair, its empty. Drive C, where the operating system is, is not showing.

I have a feeling that the hard drive itself has gone bad and is very unstable. Please let me know if I'm missing something or we just need to get a new HD.

Thank you

A:Win7 pro startup error "Boot MGR missing"/"Operating System Not Found

What type of hdd do you have. For example if you have a Seagate drive, there is software you can run to do a diagonostic on the hdd before the operating system boots.
This would be a good idea, especially if you were having same issues when Vista Home Premium was installed first.

Do you have more than one hdd installed. If yes, make sure in BIOS settings, the proper drive is selected for First Boot. And better yet make sure its the only drive attached when booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185400-win7-pro-startup-error-boot-mgr-missing-operating-system-not-found.html
Relevancy 79.55%

windows update error "WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
I am using windows 7 64 bit
I cannot install any important updates and haven't been since 8/2010

A:windows update error "WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

These links from Microsoft Support will help you up....
Link 1
Link 2

PLZ go through these support links and do reply if the problem is solved......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-windowsupdate_80070bc9-windowsupdate_dt000.983122/
Relevancy 79.55%

Microsoft Updater says I have a critical update (KB2286198) to install but it fails and gives the message: "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".

I've tried a couple of things that MS Support suggests but they don't work and don't seem to really apply to this particular error message. Searching for the error code 80246007 hasn't yielded anything yet that works.

Any ideas?

Gateway GT5622
x86 based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Operating System Name: Windows Vista
Operating System Platform: NT/2000/XP/Vista
Operating System Major Version: 6
Operating System Minor Version: 0
Operating System Build Number: 6002
Service Pack Description: Service Pack 2

A:Update Error Message "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-error-message-windowsupdate_80246007-windowsupdate_dt000.941849/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi!

My Vista laptop has worked free from problems for a while but last day when I tried to normally boot it, it said "operative system not found" and "PXE-EX1; media test failure. check cable" and so forth.

And then, when I tried to re-install or perhaps restore Vista, when the "Where do you want to install Windows?" comes up, it says that "No drivers were found", altough they were in some weeks ago.

What should I do? Has my computer gone to inevitable death, or is there anything i can do?

A:Vista "OS not found" + "no drivers were found"

No drivers were foundClick to expand...

it actually said "no drives were found"

Sounds like the hard drive died (most likely) or the data cable connecting it to the motherboard has gone bad, what make and exact model is the laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-os-not-found-no-drivers-were-found.849409/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all.
I am getting a blue screen error of: stop: c0000135" and "winsrv was not found". It is not due to installing SP2 or any type of service pack. It happened after I used RegCure, i believe that it corrupted my registry and now it cannot find the winsrv. I was wondering how i would go on about fixing it. At the moment I am using a Linux Live CD and I have access to all my files on my hard drives including the windows partition, so if there is a way to revert to old registry settings through that please let me know.
FYI: I am using XP x64.
Thank you.

Relevancy 77.4%

Ok so i am new to this site and please be understanding if i do not know what to do at some points I have AVG anti-spyware and AVG anti-virus both free and home edition I was on my computer and i was downloading some software and an AVG screen popped up and said threat detected it was in red which meant it was at high risk I have about maybe of these pop up in the last days i guess Some of the ones that popped up were the trojan virus and then others popped up as the quot Virus Found Lop Found " and " Trojan Help! " Please Virus Lop " quot I have had problems now on my computer because of this I " Virus Found Lop " and " Trojan " Please Help! use Mozilla Firefox but i also have Internet explorer When ever i would open IE a little box with " Virus Found Lop " and " Trojan " Please Help! pop up from IE and saying that i have security and privacy issues It would say that my whole computer could be at risk and i could lose important information My computer is very slow now i will click to open my internet and it takes about just under a minute to load SOme sites do now work and " Virus Found Lop " and " Trojan " Please Help! others do I also have been have Adult sites pop up I ran my AVG anti-virus and it came up clean all the time I would only know i have a virus or whatever when it pops up like i said before quot Threat Detected quot I have ran my AVG anti-Spyware and it came up with or medium risks so i just deleted them When the threats were detected by AVG anti-virus they were not heal-able so i put them in the virus vault After a day or so i just deleted them from the vault Im not sure if that was the right idea or so but yeah I had this little pop up screen saying something about an Over buffer run Im pretty sure it was a RUNdll So when i exited the little screen it took away all my icons my start icon my clock and everything on my desktop When I turn my computer off and then turn it back on though all my sutff is back on top of the desktop I would appreciate your help so much if someone could help me with this I honestly dont know what to do I have looked at other forums and tried some of the stuff they said but it didnt really do anything Anyway thank you for your time and please help me with this Matt nbsp

A:" Virus Found Lop " and " Trojan " Please Help!

Not so long ago i was running my AVG anti-spyware and it came up with 11 threats detected at medium risk and i also glanced over at something and it said Malware Detected: 107
sooo i really dont think that is good. I really need help with this, please someone reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-found-lop-and-trojan-please-help.707406/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I've run into a problem with my Windows install For context I originally had Windows XP dual booting with Windows because I wasn't sure if I wanted to make the upgrade at the time Windows XP was on my old GB HDD while I had Windows on my TB HDD with GB allocated into my Windows partition while found" /fixboot "Element displays not found, not Bootrec Bootmgr the rest is used for storage Yesterday my GB HDD died R I P and I realize that along with it I must have still been using Bootmgr not found, Bootrec /fixboot displays "Element not found" that hard drive for my boot loader With the drive dead I can no longer boot into my Windows partition even though bootrec scanos reads that it's still there My issue is that fixboot and rebuildbcd both give me an quot element not found quot error when attempting them My Windows installation doesn't appear in the list of installations to repair on my recovery DVDs I've set the partition as active via Diskpart and Partition Wizard but it still refuses to boot It used to be a logical partition but I set it to primary with Partition Wizard so it should be fine I have executed the automatic startup repair option times and my installation still isn't listed under my repair DVD The repair informs me that my Partition Table is corrupted and that Windows should work after a restart or repair will try again next restart However Windows is not repaired and automatic repair still doesn't fix anything It's rather frustrating because I know for a fact my files are all there and unharmed but there's simply no way for me to get into them I'm running out of ideas I've searched extensively for a fix to this and it seems everyone can find a fix but me by simply marking the partition as active and running fixboot with automatic repair The only other thing I can think of is perhaps making another partition throwing a Linux distribution with Grub onto it using that to boot into Windows and then do a repair install from there Would that work out Any better suggestions are of course welcomed with open arms

A:Bootmgr not found, Bootrec /fixboot displays "Element not found"

Look at option 2 and see if this will help. Windows Boot Manager - Delete a Listed Operating System
Also, to recover your files. Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console
But, it sems that what you have done should work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277945-bootmgr-not-found-bootrec-fixboot-displays-element-not-found.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Another question/puzzle. Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

I clean installed W8.1 three days ago, and the first thing I did was bring it up to date with all the offered updates. All installed successfully and I thought no more of it. At some point after this I made a system image backup, which today I have restored to. When I now look at the "classic" windows update screen it says I have never checked for updates and none are installed. Forcing a check for updates brings only two up as can be seen in the pictures. If I go to "view installed updates" then there is a lot of stuff in there, whih I assume could be the previously installed original batch.
I'm guessing this is normal behaviour but it seems slightly odd (the on screen messages at least)

A:No update history says "never checked" & "never installed"

Not odd... Considering that is a "clean install"(albeit with integrated updates) - thus no update history (file) exists.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47960-no-update-history-says-never-checked-never-installed.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Can anyone help me out here I have pc s running windows and both of them wont update windows not Windows "WindowsUpdate_80200053" will update "WindowsUpdate_dt000" I am also having a few problems instaling other things Like avg malwarebytes microsoft windows malicious software removal virus When i Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" download them it always comes back as the file is corrupt I have managed to download HijackThis exe and here are the results below Any help would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Obrien Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook SearchHook Class - BC E AB-EDA - - F-CE B C F A - C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility AddressBarSearch dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - E Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll file missing O - HKLM Run BCU quot C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe quot O - HKLM Run JMB X IDE Setup C Windows RaidTool xInsIDE exe O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Appl... Read more

A:Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-not-update-windowsupdate_80200053-windowsupdate_dt000.1073271/
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

hi

just checking to see if in bios there was a reason why ALL my usb ports are dead....
when i click on USB configuration in bios i see the following:

USB configuration

Legacy USB support (enabled)
usb 2.0 controller (enabled)
usb 2.0 controller mode (full speed)

->USB Mass storage device configuration

usb mass storage device reset delay (20 sec)

no usb mass storage device detected

between the two lines is the exact script from the bios page
should it say usb devices enabled :none ?
could that be why NONE of my usb's are working?

if so, now what?

thanks, you guys have been GREAT!!

A:bios usb listed as "enabled " "none" WHAT??

Can you change that status in the BIOS setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-usb-listed-as-enabled-none-what.613333/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey All i got a pretty serious problem i just got done reformating tonight and i goto get service pack 2 and i install it it says restart when its doen so i do and i get You receive a "Stop: c0000135" and "winsrv was not found" error message everytime i try to boot up ive tried last known good config and safe mode all of them come up with the same message the only thing i havent tried is chkdsk but i dont think that will do anything if anyone knows anything some help would be great i just got all my stuff installed too so this really sucks

A:Stop: c0000135" and "winsrv was not found"

http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/01/how_to_slipstre.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-c0000135-and-winsrv-was-not-found-106495.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Can anyone tell me how to get quot exe quot file extension back I ve already posted HJT NOT = "APPLICATION System32\ rundll32.exe" FOUND" and both DDS logs in another post but I m including them in this one also I m restating a problem that at least System32\ rundll32.exe" = "APPLICATION NOT FOUND" of us on here have with no replies to any of us While it has only been four days since my original post a girl with the same problem posted it almost two weeks ago with no replies yet Please don t be offended by that That statement was not meant to be critical of you good folks on here who help us the ignorant and dummies I have the utmost respect and appreciation for each and every one of you I simply mean it looks like this is new malware that no one has any experience on how to get rid of it yet HOWEVER I m not SURE but I think AVG already got the malware and quaranteened it I see it in the quot Virus Vault quot But please see the hjt log included below to be sure If so I need to fix the damage it did Everytime I go to Control panel and try to open an app I get an error message that says quot C WINDOWS System rundll exe quot quot APPLICATION NOT FOUND quot I checked Windows system rundll for quot rundll exe quot it is indeed NOT THERE On my desktop when I double click on an app to open it I get quot What would you like to open this folder with quot Followed by a list of apps to choose from In my original post titled quot REAL NASTY Trojan quot which I marked quot SOLVED quot so no one else will waste their time reading it I didn t yet realize what the problem was I think I do NOW The file type quot exe quot seems to be GONE I clicked on quot Tools quot quot Folder Options quot quot File Type quot Then I scrolled down to the quot E s quot where quot exe quot would be but it s not listed Shouldn t it be But then being one of the aforementioned quot ignorant and dummies quot I don t know if it even SHOULD BE I just know none of my apps quot execute quot Did I mention only one account name was affected The other two have no problem Of course the one affected was the MAIN account used The one where EVERYTHING needed is stored If I ve done something wrong please forgive me and tell me how to correct it If I ve offended anyone I appoligize and assure you it was not intentional ANY help would be greatly appreciated Logs follow HJT LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Joe Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system32-rundll32-exe-application-not-found.1000249/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm trying under "Windows Update" to click on "check for updates" however when I do that I get message
"windows update cannot currently check for updates, because updates on this computer are controlled by your system administrator"
I am the admin on the PC however this PC points to a In-office "WSUS server" to normally get its update
Is there a work around to this that I could add to my local group policy or registry?
I have been under Group Policy Object Editor -->Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates -->
Windows Components --> Windows Update
but seen nothing that would allow to override this error
Any suggestion(s) would be most appreciated
JMurphNE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc0d13f2-e9cb-4001-a8e6-cfc5d80efd59/windows-update-issue-quotwindows-7quot-error-quotbecause-updates-on-this-computer-are?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.11%

I've done everything I was supposed to do except I Multiple and calls or eTriust win32/clspring.FH" "!update.exe" pop-ups virus can't make hijack this it's own folder in C P I Multiple pop-ups and virus eTriust calls "!update.exe" or win32/clspring.FH" don't know why Anyway here is my log I appreciate your time and look forward to your advice Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Multiple pop-ups and virus eTriust calls "!update.exe" or win32/clspring.FH" spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Multiple pop-ups and virus eTriust calls "!update.exe" or win32/clspring.FH" ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBPoll exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall SymProxySvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISSERV EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall IAMAPP EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Motherboard Monitor MBM EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Browser Mouse mouse a exe C Program Files Netopia C kWEPn exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Muiltmedia keyboard utility KbdAp A exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA SKS rundll exe C Documents and Settings Joel Mixon My Documents s stem l exe C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files Bookshelf Bookshelf qshelf exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Documents and Settings Joel Mixon My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www neopets com portal index phtml R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www neopets com portal index phtml R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - D FA - ED - -F D - A B - C WINDOWS System cknn dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED ... Read more

A:Multiple pop-ups and virus eTriust calls "!update.exe" or win32/clspring.FH"

You are using an outdated version of HiJackThis. Please click on the link below to download the latest version:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...ckthis_sfx.exe

1. Delete your current HiJackThis.exe file
2. Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
3. Click on the "Unzip" button to install the newer version.
4. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\

I require your next HJT log to be from this newer version

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/multiple-pop-ups-and-virus-etriust-calls-update-exe-or-win32-clspring-fh-115914.html
Relevancy 75.25%

windows update error code quot WindowsUpdate quot quot WindowsUpdate dt quot To anyone that can help me out "WindowsUpdate_dt00 update windows code error "WindowsUpdate_80073712" I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 To bring you up to speed as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00

Read this instructions carefully and proceed:

Quote:
If the System File Check tool found corruption and could not fix them, then we will do a repair install to correct this. First check if the second set of instructions (Resetting Windows Update Components) is successful.

Repair Installation:
You may reinstall your copy of Windows 7 while keeping your files, settings, and programs by performing a repair installation or an upgrade installation.
1. Insert the Windows installation disc into your computer's DVD or CD drive. You must start Windows installation while running your existing version of Windows.
2. On the Install Windows page, click Install now.
3. On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You will need an Internet connection to get installation updates.
4. On the Type your product key for activation page, we strongly recommend that you type your 25-character product key to help avoid problems during activation.
5. On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms.
6. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Upgrade to begin the upgrade. You might see a compatibility report.
7. Follow the instructions.
Note: If your installation disk does not include SP1, and you are updated to it, then you will have to uninstall it before performing an upgrade install. Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> View installed updates, then select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows and click Uninstall.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is always advisable to backup any and all important data before proceeding with any major changes to your system. Please see: Methods for backing up your files.
Always make sure you have the means to reinstall your programs, either through an install disk or having access to the installation files.

Source: "WindowsUpdate_80070570" "WindowsUpdate_80073712" - Microsoft Answers

I would prefer you try an upgrade installation and input your newly purchased product key which will install Windows 7 Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/212914-windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt00.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

When an IBM compatible computer is first turned on, the hardware runs a Power-On Self Test (POST). If errors are encountered during this POST test, they are usually displayed via an audio beep or in the form of a code number flashed across the screen. With this audio code in hand, you can determine what part of the system is having problems and find a solution.

<small>The pattern of beeps whether its the number of beeps or the length of those beeps will give you an indication of the actual problem. Its a distress signal from the computer in a morse code like pattern. Unless you have a diagnostic card to tell you more about the particular problem, you will have to use the charts below to decipher the computer error and get your machine back up and running.
Source: </small>BIOS Error Beep Codes

A:BIOS "POST" Beep Codes for AMI and Phoenix BIOS

handy.......
thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247133-bios-post-beep-codes-ami-phoenix-bios.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey guys About a month ago I began receiving this bsod quot A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor quot Bugcheck code x x x xFFFFF x "Clock Random BSOD received secondary processor" a interrupt not on My System Specs Laptop Clevo p hm Mobo Clevo p hm CPU Intel Core i - QM Random BSOD "Clock interrupt not received on a secondary processor" Processor M Cache GHz RAM GB DDR mhz GPU nVidia geforce gtx m As per the BSOD Instruction thread - Windows x - Original installed OS - Its OEM - The system was purchased brand new in August - The OS was also installed in August by the manufacturer Anyway I have been having frequent bsod's for about a month with the same error listed above For absolutely no reason It would occur while I was watching a youtube video or typing on Word with the cpu under load At first I assumed that it was my i going south so I stress tested my cpu using Intel Burn Test at the maximum settings for runs did so twice and got no errors Then I ran OCCT Linpack for an entire hour at the maximum settings Since that caused absolutely no instability I turned to ram I removed a stick and tested the other using Memtest x then switched Which is why in my dump files I have only gb of ram listed However passes on each stick revealed no errors So now I have turned to drivers and upon running quot verifier exe quot I got a bsod on startup because driver verifier found a faulty driver and crashed the system I come as yes a new user because frankly I have no where else to turn A friend reccomended you guys because you offer great crash analysis and I leaped at the oppurtunity I am frustrated and tired of my system hanging roughly once for every hour of run time I will cruise around on the forums and try to help here and try to be active If you guys would help me I would be forever grateful Thank you So much

A:Random BSOD "Clock interrupt not received on a secondary processor"

Your crash may have been caused by stop-0x101-clock_watchdog_timeout
Please read the link below carefully...

STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214293-random-bsod-clock-interrupt-not-received-secondary-processor.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I was wondering if this Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 / 2.5 GHz processor would fit into my emachines t3512. Recently I upgraded it's intel celeron D processor to a intel pentium 4 processor. So I was looking at what would fit with that LGA socket and Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 seems to fit that socket. Here is a link of the processor. My desktop board is D101GGC

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BX80580Q8300-DT&cat=CPU

A:Will "Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 / 2.5 GHz processor" fit in my Emachines t3512?

No, it won't work. That board only supports Celeron D, Pentium D, and Pentium 4 boards according to the intel spec page: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d101ggc/sb/CS-025906.htm.

I think you should really consider upgrading to a new motherboard or get a whole new system altogether because the upgrade path for your current board is a dead end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-intel-core-2-quad-q8300-2-5-ghz-processor-fit-in-my-emachines-t3512.158727/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey.

I'm trying to create a macro, through Auto HotKey, that will automatically set the processor affinity of some program.

It's problematic because the only way I know of, is to right click the process in Task Manager. The process's location changes each time, so I can't direct the macro to it. (I'm directing it by providing pixel coordinates, XY)

Is there a file, or static window - the processes window in Task Manager isn't static, it's constantly updating - that can give me access to the processor affinity window?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-access-processor-affinity-screen-without-task-manager.1102261/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Guys,

Keep receiving the BSOD and the error message states "Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" seems to happen at random times regardless of what I'm doing on the computer.

I thought it was the CPU initially so I ran intelburn test three times (standard through to very high) everything went smoothly with CPU reaching temps of 55 degrees.
Also ran Sf/scannow in elevated command prompt - no issues there.
I don't have anything OC'd.
Ran malwarebytes no objects detected
I've read it could be a motherboard issue but no idea how to test it...
Sf attached.Any advice welcome.

Thanks!

A:BSOD "Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor"

To properly analyse 0x101 bugchecks we need Kernel Memory Dumps instead of minidumps, we'll come to that later on if we can't find anything.

Lets give Prime95 a shot, run it for around 2 hours.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Note

Like all stress tests it quickly raises your temperature so I recommend using a temperature monitoring software, I use HWmonitor.
You can download it here.

HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329849-bsod-clock-interrupt-not-received-secondary-processor.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello recently for about a month or so Ive been having random crashes quite often Once or twice a day The error message has always been the one in the title and ive kinda delayed getting around to fixing it I've researched it and a few people said that AVG could be to blame but its still occurring "a secondary clock received not was a interrupt processor" BSOD on after an uninstall I have made quite a few changes to the system but im not quite sure which ones caused this and it would take an eternity to go through them Id much rather do a clean install My specs are as follows Windows SP Ultimate -bit AMD Phenom II X GHZ Overclocked its ghz standard X GB OCZ Platinum BSOD "a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" mhz Satellite SL- EPS W PSU Nvidia Geforce GTX Black Edition by XFX X gb WD Blue in RAID Gigabyte MA -UD Im pretty sure the overclocking is not to blame I overclocked it long ago and it survived hours of prime with no errors I even ran it at standard clock for BSOD "a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" a few days and the BSODs still continued I downloaded a program to look at my crash dumps and it gave me the following info Code On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code x x x xFFFFF E x Error CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor in a multi-processor system was not received within the allocated interval This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalReturnToFirmware xB D Bugcheck code x x x xFFFFF E x Error CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor in a multi-processor system was not received within the allocated interval This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Wed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code x x x xFFFFF E x Error CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor in a multi-processor system was not received within the allocated interval This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Tue AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code x x x xFFFFF E x Error CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsof... Read more

A:BSOD "a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor"

Vista - Press Win+Pause, click advanced system settings, under the startup and recovery box, click settings, under the write debugger information box, change the selection from small memory dump to kernel memory dump.

When you BSOD again
get the latest dump file and post here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-a-clock-interrupt-was-not-received-on-a-secondary-processor-619808.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello everyone I have been dealing with this BSOD for a few months now I have updated BIOS updated my motherboard chip sets updated my video drivers and have scoured forum after forum trying to find an answer to my problem This BSOD occurs most often when I am running games but they are was "A BSOD interrupt not on processor" a received Clock secondary not games that should push my computer so BSOD "A Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" hard Some games are early access on steam but others are games like the Sims the Sims or Star Wars Empire at War Which are disc games that run fine on any other computer The game crashing does not always trigger the BSOD it sometimes only crashes the BSOD "A Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" game but most often it brings up the BSOD If you have any suggestions please let me know if you need anything else in order to figure out what is going on than I will get it for you as soon as possible Computer specs Windows bit intel i processor port size ASUS p Z - VLX Motherboard Nvidea Geforce graphics card GB of ram Watt power supply Thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-a-clock-interrupt-was-not-received-on-a-secondary-processor-1109266.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium bit and an AMD X Dual-Core QL- processor GHz In Vista Power options there are settings under Processor Power Management Minimum and Maximum Processor State What are the optimal settings for these options I fully understand that one "Optimal" and Maximum Setting Processor Minimum State might choose to have a lower maximum state when running on battery power to prolong battery life I can think Minimum and Maximum Processor State "Optimal" Setting of no reason to have the maximum state below when running plugged-in unless of course one is trying to save electricity keep the laptop cooler How does minimum state work and what is the optimal setting I know the default is but I've done a lot of Googling and cannot find an educated reason why is the default Would it be correct for me to presume that if I set it at say then the processor will never operate below of its capability or whatever of MHz is closest to capacity and will run all the way to the maximum specified state where needed In other words am I simply giving the processor the leverage to pick whatever power is required between its minimum and maximum specified states If my above assumption is correct and the processor will pick the optimum speed within the min max range why would I ever increase the minimum above - and better still why wouldn't I go right down to Having said that I read in one post that processors don't run in relative percentages - but Mhz Mhz or whatever - so if my processor can only go as low as say MHz and my max is then I guess if I set my minimum anywhere between and it would never go below Mhz Thanks in advance for any help Dave

A:Minimum and Maximum Processor State "Optimal" Setting

Hello Dave,

It's just basically a way to save energy in both the "Battey" and "Plugged in" states of your laptop by setting a "Minimum" and "Maximum" percentage of what your CPU can run at. Windows 7 will automatically keep your CPU running at "Minimum" when the computer is idle. Windows 7 will also automatically increase the CPU's percentage to handle any workload as needed up to "Maximum", and then automatically lower the percentage (no less then "Minimum") as the workload decreases or finishes.

Here are some recommended settings, but it really depends on your needs and wants.

Plugged in: 5% MIN & 100% MAX
Battery: 1% MIN & 100% MAX (or lower MAX to save more battery, but slower performance under heavy workloads)

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276508-minimum-maximum-processor-state-optimal-setting.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I get random crashes when I play DDO online. The screen freezes and I have to do a manual restart. I get a Kernal error, Event ID 41.
Del lStudio XPS Desktop 435MT
? OS -Windows 7
? x64 ?
? What was original installed OS on system? Vista 64
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Free copy of Win 7 for taking Microsoft cert classes
? Age of system (hardware) 8/08/09
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Installed December 09
? CPU- I7-950, 3.06, 8MB, BLM, D0
? Video Card Radeon HD 4850
? MotherBoard
? Power Supply - 360W Liteon (?)

Thanks for the help.

A:BSOD. "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor"

Hi -

Please re-run the BSOD file collection app - the zip attachment is only 22 bytes - empty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

For info, the thread title "clock interrupt...." = bugcheck 0x101 = CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT = CPU hang.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-a-clock-interrupt-was-not-received-on-a-secondary-processor-500010.html
Relevancy 74.39%

"A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval"

I sporadically receive this BSOD when playing CPU/Graphic intensive games like IV etc. and I have attempted multiple times to get a crash dump file to analyze it but apparently the minidump folder is not under the Windows directory and there is no .*dmp file. Computer works fine other then that BSOD, when that BSOD happens, before it whatever i'm playing hangs and the sound skips and I get that BSOD. Event viewer also shows no entries.

Help would be greatly appreciated .

A:"A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated.."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-clock-interrupt-was-not-received-on-a-secondary-processor-within-the-allocated.970265/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello everyone I have been dealing with this BSOD for a few months now I have updated BIOS updated my motherboard chip sets updated my video drivers and have scoured forum after forum trying to find an answer a Clock secondary received was not BSOD processor" "A interrupt on to my problem This BSOD occurs most often when I am running games but they are not games that should push my computer so hard Some games are early access on steam but others are games like the Sims the Sims or Star Wars Empire at War Which BSOD "A Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" are disc games that run fine on any other computer The game crashing does not always trigger the BSOD it sometimes only crashes the game but most often it brings up the BSOD If you have any suggestions please let me know if you need anything else in order to figure out what is going on than I will get it BSOD "A Clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" for you as soon as possible Computer specs Windows bit windows was the original OS full retail version of OS years old Hardware OS installed months ago I have reinstalled the OS Intel i - k processor port size Nvidea Geforce graphics card ASUS p Z - VLX Motherboard GB of ram Watt Kingwin power supply Completely custom built from NewEgg parts Desktop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-a-clock-interrupt-was-not-received-on-a-secondary-processor-1109274.html
Relevancy 74.39%

ntune, 3dmark every thing says "CPU:AMD processor model unknown"
Why does this happen, how do I fix it?(processor under specs)
Any help would be great.

A:Ntune, 3dmark every thing says "CPU:AMD processor model unknown"

you will need to post more info.

also try CPU-Z

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntune-3dmark-every-thing-says-cpu-amd-processor-model-unknown.97655/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey.

I'm trying to create a macro, through Auto HotKey, that will automatically set the processor affinity of some program.

It's problematic because the only way I know of, is to right click the process in Task Manager. The process's location changes each time, so I can't direct the macro to it. (I'm directing it by providing pixel coordinates, XY)

Is there a file, or static window - the processes window in Task Manager isn't static, it's constantly updating - that can give me access to the processor affinity window?

Thanks.

A:How to access "Processor Affinity" screen without Task Manager?

Well uh this might help you - Run your games or applications on a single core to avoid crashes - Active+ Software

You could dig into that program's code and find something there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295437-how-access-processor-affinity-screen-without-task-manager.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I've had my computer since July got it custom built and heavily stress tested at Tiger Direct before bringing it home Here are the specifications Win x legitimate MS store download Home Premium upgraded from disc install Vista x in November I think Asus P T standard motherboard OCZ MHz DDR Gold-series tri-channel RAM running at default BIOS speed XFX Radeon GB Seagate TB MB cache HDD Ultra LSP clock a was processor" secondary by "A interrupt received not Watt SLI PSU i D at stock speed No overclocking Now when I first brought home my PC I had a few freezing errors it froze twice in two weeks Couldn't move the mouse had to hard reboot Brought it back into Tiger and they couldn't identify a problem said it was probably a fluke Now that was in July In "A clock interrupt was not received by a secondary processor" December I had the same thing occur and I assumed it "A clock interrupt was not received by a secondary processor" was a fluke as well No Event Logs about what caused the error or anything Recently on April quite a while "A clock interrupt was not received by a secondary processor" later till today Apr Apr May I've had BSODs all giving me the same error in the event log Latest bsod today Code The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x x xfffff fd x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - A fatal hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Machine Check Exception Error Type Internal Timer Error Processor ID And it said at the time of the BSOD itself quot A clock interrupt was not received by a secondary processor within the allocated time interval quot but I never had the chance to read what it said the first two times It's always internal timer error ID not sure if that matters All times this has happened completely randomly while doing pretty much nothing intensive I've ran Prime all tests for - hours EACH without problems memtest I haven't run in a while but I did back in December after that freeze for hours with no errors I don't really remember having problems playing Crysis or Crysis Warhead with my video card either Anyhow after the SECOND BSOD I reset my BIOS the settings were not really altered anyway updated it to the latest as well as updated my video card drivers chipset drivers mouse kb drivers and sound drivers to the latest I do so pretty regularly for video sound I never did for chipset or BIOS but I read online to try that It literally crashed again with the same error a few days later Unfortunately the first two BSODs quot froze quot during the minidump so they were never made The third one luckily didn't so I DO have one minidump I don't know where it is or how to attach it though Please if anyone can offer me some help I'd appreciate it I can provide more information and the dumps if you tell me where they are I'm not particularly good with opening up the PC and checking things I had tiger direct do it twice so I don't see why there would be an issue like that Right now I'm thinking something is bad RAM CPU video card mobo The problem is I have NO IDEA how to identify what it could be I doubt it's a heat issue large fft testing was fine after hours and the system never gets as hot as that under normal use Here's what I remember doing during the recent BSODs the older freezing problems were too long ago for me to remember pretty sure they happened just while browsing or on the desktop but I think it's all related ran prime for a while in blend mode after i stopped I went to do something else and the sound sort of quot stuttered quot and then BSOD Second time I was uploading to mediafire and all of a sudden BSOD The CPU ram usage was nothing out of the ordinary Third and most recent time I was watching a p youtube video GPU accel is on I noticed a bit of sound stutter and after a few more minutes of watching the video my PC froze -- I waited seconds was about to reboot but the freeze turned into a ... Read more

A:"A clock interrupt was not received by a secondary processor"

Sorry, it's not letting me edit the message anymore but here's some more info:
1. regarding the most recent bluescreen, it seems to have reset some of my ATI catalyst settings. But the thing is, I always watch videos with GPU accel without problems. The ATI drivers stay updated as well, I'm good about that. Running the latest drivers right now and the first two BSODs happened while on the previous set. It still could be video card I guess, maybe it's something else like RAM or mobo or CPU, I have no idea. The computer seems to freeze/BSOD at random points in time which seems unrelated to each other, however it's important to note that it has never frozen/BSOD when not being used. It has only ever done so while I was using it, and also usually when the system utilization (RAM, CPU, etc.) was not really very high at all, just average stuff like browsing the net (all of the freezes plus one of the BSODs when on mediafire), watching a youtube vid (once) or just randomly while actually doing nothing other than clicking the About tab of Prime95 (just moments AFTER prime95 was already stopped after an 8 hour run, although during the test there were no problems and the CPU did not get anywhere near as hot as largeFFT, and it's never actually crashed during a Prime95 test).

Hopefully I've given some useful information...please ask me anything else if clarification or details are needed. Like I said I can't do too much as far as opening up the PC and messing around goes, but it was setup and tested by professionals and then bugchecked by them for hardware problems once as well...I donno how thorough they were since there is clearly some mild problem which seems to be becoming worse after all these months ...

Not sure if this is relevant but there are absolutely no software/malware issues causing this, since I am very good about that (very safe internet user, windows firewall+hardware firewall, anti-malware program (malware bytes anti-malware), windows defender and avira antivirus). It could be a driver issue I suppose but I'm thinking it's probably hardware? Just a gut feeling. Updating drivers + BIOS did nothing it seems. I don't have any malfunctioning/incompatible with Win7 hardware or drivers either.

I've done things like sfc /scannow before quite a few times. Everything seems in check really, nothing seems to stand out as being problematic, yet this is occurring more and more frequently as time goes on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/a-clock-interrupt-was-not-received-by-a-secondary-processor-481450.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I got this error message: Print processor doesn't exist in my Win 8.1 x64 system.
Per suggestions found on the net, I checked that winprint.dll is present in Windows\System32\spool\prtprocs\x64

Another tip that I've found
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Print Processors\winprint
At that registry key, in the right window, is "Driver" of the type REG_SZ and is the "Data" winprint.dll?

In my system the "Print Processor" has no sub-folder. I changed the value to winprint.dll but couldn't find out how to change the type to "Driver". In case somebody tells me that, should I do it in "Print Processor" or should I create a sub-folder "\winprint" ?

Actually, I don't have any physical printer, I'd used and would like to use PDF creators (Adobe, Nitro, Wondershare)

Thanks a lot.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49871-print-processor-doesnt-exist-windows-8-1-64-bit.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Tried installing software from cnet and I got more junk with it then usable software. Spent an hour uninstalling and editing in "About Config".

I need a word processor with a decent spell check and import features. Just can't afford MS Word.

A:Is there a free "word processor" source other then CNET....???

I use Libre Office in Linux. That works very well and is also available for Windows.

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/

And then there is always Open office.

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/309646-there-free-word-processor-source-other-then-cnet.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have some old files transferred from a previous computer that say they are "Microsoft Works Word Processor" files. I have a version of Works on my current machine, but its word processor element appears to be Word. Word does not like these files. I am pretty sure that I have tried to OpenOffice them as well.

Any ideas of a free prog that will read these or, even better, convert them to a more standard format?

A:"Microsoft Works Word Processor"

I used ABC Amber text convertor to convert a batch of old works files to word. Check it out here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-word-processor.348702/
Relevancy 73.53%

This problem is very similar to the one described in thread:
Windows Command Processor x3 in startup

HP Pavilion g6 laptop purchased with Win8 now upgraded to Win10, running Norton Antivirus.

Norton Startup Manager lists "Windows Command Processor", and when I deselect it, it re-selects when I click on APPLY.

Win10 task manager does not show this task in the Startup list.

No noticable symptoms, but I was wondering if it was some kind of infection.

Following the advice given to the member in the thread mentioned above, I downloaded and ran FRST, then ran it again with the fixlist. The problem persists.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A:Win10 upgrade, "Win Command Processor"?

Just updated to version 1511-10586 and now have "Windows Command Processor" TWICE in the Norton Startup list.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/win10-upgrade-win-command-processor-1071186.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My desktop uses the Intel D845GRG MOBO, w/ the 2.4 p4 processor, was looking to upgrade it to some thing little faster, went to the intel web site and they dont support this board any longer, so really no info on what new processor it can support, like a 2.8 or some thing w/ HT.

Does any one know?

it is also a 478pin uPGA

can I buy a mobo and transfer all my things on there and a new processor?

any ideas what to do to speed this up a bit?

looking to do mostly video, convert my camcorder to dvd.

thanks
ron
using xp on a gateway (is there any other computer?)

Relevancy 73.53%

Recently my i3 rig's ram malfunctioned so im on an old dual core till i get it replaced. Specs are:
Amd Athlon X2 64 4400+ Dual core @2.2Ghz
Asus A8n something motherboard.
512MB ram (i know its low but i only browse net and watch videos on it so its ok)
Now the problem is,that only 1 core is being utilized or detected for that matter and it gets EXTREMELY slow if i try to multi task the slightest. Since only 1 core is being used,the CPU usage is 100% always.
What i SHOULD get in CPUz:
But what i actually get:

Need to know how i can fix this so i can freaking change tabs or even type without it getting hanged.

A:Processor isnt being "completely" detected!

seriously no one?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254835-processor-isnt-being-completely-detected.html
Relevancy 73.53%

everytime i turn on my computer, or the screen goes black it goes to "auto adjustment" where it alines itself with whatever pixels are lit on the screen, so when windows is booting in, and there is only the windows logo, it will center that to the top left, and stay that way, till you push the auto config button on the monitor... very annoying, never used to do this before the reformat, can someone help.
i have an optiquest q19wb, maybe if your familiar with viewsonic monitors.
thanks.

Relevancy 73.53%

This problem is very similar to the one described in thread:
Windows Command Processor x3 in startup

HP Pavilion g6 laptop purchased with Win8 now upgraded to Win10, running Norton Antivirus.

Norton Startup Manager lists "Windows Command Processor", and when I deselect it, it re-selects when I click on APPLY.

Win10 task manager does not show this task in the Startup list.

No noticable symptoms, but I was wondering if it was some kind of infection.

Following the advice given to the member in the thread mentioned above, I downloaded and ran FRST, then ran it again with the fixlist. The problem persists.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/win10-upgrade-win-command-processor-1071186.html
Relevancy 73.53%

i am looking at an 400 dollar ACER computer with : AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core 255 Processor

Last time i bought a computer PEN4 was king. Dont laugh

Relevancy 73.53%

I just recently upgraded to the 6400+, (see specs above) and now my computer doesn't recognize the CPU, just says "AMD Processor model unknown?" Is this saying I need to upgrade my BIOS??

As of now everything is running normal, so if its not a big deal I'd rather stay away from the BIOS upgrade (if thats the problem). As I've heard many things can go wrong in that department. Thanks in advance!!

Relevancy 72.67%

c HP Scanjet Error Message amp quot Scanner Not Found amp quot or amp quot Sorry Scanner Could Not be Initialized Hello Thank you for looking at my post I bought a new dell computer and reinstalled the Hp c precision scan pro Scanner or Found" Scanjet Not Could 7400c HP Not Error "Scanner Message, "Sorry be.. Scanning software My old computer had XP The new computer has XP Pro on it I ve been to the HP site and followed all instructions to fix this issue at http h www hp com ewfrf wc documen p product The HP instructions are for XP not XP Pro When I get to Removing the key from the registry Click Start then Run The Run window will appear In the Open box type REGEDIT Click OK The Registry Editor window will appear 7400c HP Scanjet Error Message, "Scanner Not Found" or "Sorry Scanner Could Not be.. Click the plus next to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Click the plus next to Software Click the plus next to Hewlett-Packard I can only get this far NO LanScan selection What do I DO to get this issue fixed Click the plus next to LanScan Highlight Client and press Delete on the keyboard Click Yes to delete the key Close the Registry Editor by clicking the X button in the upper-right corner and restart the computer to have the changes take effect Thanks Sincerely Nicola nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/7400c-hp-scanjet-error-message-scanner-not-found-or-sorry-scanner-could-not-be.840094/
Relevancy 72.67%

Recently my computer is giving error messages for exe tasks I counted over twenty upon start ups and after The exact messages read quot Google Update exe or other task names - Bad Image quot quot The application or DLL quot C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL is not a valid Windows image Please check "not & image" a "Google Update.exe Bad Windows Image" valid - this against your installation diskette quot My Operating System is Windows XP I did a HijackThis scan as follows and thank you for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device "Google Update.exe - Bad Image" & "not a valid Windows image" Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files RegCure RegCure exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware Pareto AS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Sierra Imaging Image Expert IXApplet exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - C -B C - - D-B AD E D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - FBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec In... Read more

A:"Google Update.exe - Bad Image" & "not a valid Windows image"

Bump.

I see on the HijackThis log, line 020 is the line that I'm getting on the error messages regarding bad image. So now, my husband uninstalled the Google download he did before and also uninstalled the folders with Google in them. The result is that the "Bad Image" pop-up messages have ceased, but I don't know if that's all we need to do.

I did another HijackThis log, which follows:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:10:56 PM, on 10/3/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\RegCure\RegCure.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1195317500\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.0.0.136\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\PSIService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.0.0.136\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\TFEngine\TFService.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\Update.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: IAOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\aoltb.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - 731C719-B8C5-4282-993D-B5AD0E77531D} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - FBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-update-exe-bad-image-not-a-valid-windows-image.864567/
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 72.67%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html