Windows Support Forum

Asus N53SV build-in webcam problem

Q: Asus N53SV build-in webcam problem

Hi,

All of a sudden my build-in webcam is no longer recognised. I have upgraded my OS from windows 7, to windows 8, to windows 8.1, but that was a while ago and my webcam has worked in the mean time.

Has anyone had similar problems or does someone have a (possible) solution? All ideas are welcome, since I need my webcam for videoconferences.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus N53SV build-in webcam problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus N53SV build-in webcam problem

It could be compatibility problem,,, try to install webcam for windows 8.1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n53sv-build-in-webcam-problem.201663/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have an ASUS N53SV-XV1 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I just bought a solid state hybrid drive (Seagate Momentus XT 750GB, ST750LX003) and I need to replace the current hard drive. I need to know how to "transfer" my Windows 7 and everything else I've ever downloaded on the hard drive to my new SSD. Can someone please help me? I know there is software and stuff for it, but I don't know what works well. Please help me with anything you can, thanks!!!

A:ASUS N53SV-XV1 SSD Installation

My choice would be to use Acronis's free premium imaging/cloning suite which comes with any Seagate drive to directly clone from the HD to SSD.

Use Auto cloning, as described in the Manual on the download page here: Seagate Acronis cloning free util

Other options here also seem to work well: SSD - Install and transfer the Operating System

Finally if you are not satisfied with cloning or imaging, you can always follow these steps to get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/254017-asus-n53sv-xv1-ssd-installation.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hallo I have no sound right now using the Realtek HD audio drivers that I downloaded from my laptop manufactures site These are the correct drivers too that were on the page for my laptop model ASUS N SV so I'm a bit confused why sound is not working I do get sound for a bit after I log in amp I do get the windows start up sound before log in but that's it it stops working after that so I know that it's not my speakers When I went on the 'troubleshooting' section in the control panel and troubleshooted audio it comes Sound - HD N53SV No ASUS Realtek up as no problems detected for No Sound Realtek HD - ASUS N53SV some odd reason even when I download the troubleshooter for audio online at the microsoft site The only place that I'm getting sound right now is the Realtek HD Audio Manager other than that soon as I close that I have no sound anywhere else even with the audio manager open too Anyone know how to fix this Thanks

A:No Sound Realtek HD - ASUS N53SV

Hi RedBlade
That is pretty unusual as mostly realtek audio rarely having trouble.
I don't really know where to start in sorting this out. But here,
Unplug any connected audio jack or HDMI
Restart the system
Go to the device manager, and see if there is any mark on audio driver installed.
Open the Audio Manager, check the speaker configuration, choose stereo
Click on > to check the sound configuration. If it all work, then click OK.
I'm not sure if other sound utilities mentioned in its feature is interfering with it, and also its tv tuner.

If those above steps doesn't work. Just be sure people here with more expertise are available to help.

Kevin

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/213931-no-sound-realtek-hd-asus-n53sv.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Good morning everyone I'm not sure if I should have posted these questions in the Driver section or the Hardware section of this forum so here I am I am just about finished setting drivers TV for Widi and Asus setup N53SV up my laptop with a clean Windows install Just a Asus N53SV drivers for Widi and TV setup few more drivers left to install I have two questions I could use some help getting answers for I have an Asus N SV-DH with a second generation i processor I believe the laptop supports Wireless Display WiDi and Asus has a driver for this on their support website version It's a bit dated though and I was wondering if I will be Asus N53SV drivers for Widi and TV setup safe installing the current version driver for Windows from the Intel website It is version Secondly I'm wanting to setup Windows Media Center and Asus has two TV drivers available but I'm thinking this model laptop does Asus N53SV drivers for Widi and TV setup not support or have TV hardware so this may be a moot point If it did support TV I didn't know which of the two Asus drivers to install Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Asus N53SV drivers for Widi and TV setup

I would use the Asus drivers. Sometimes manufactures have custom drivers for their hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/308545-asus-n53sv-drivers-widi-tv-setup.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have an ASUS N SV-XV that has been getting BSOD during normal browser outlook It goes BSOD at random and happens - a N53SV-XV1 experiencing ASUS random at BSOD day during an hour work period Make and Model ASUS N SV-XV Display -inch LED-backlit Full HD display x Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M with GB DDR VRAM and NVIDIA Optimus Technology Processor Type nd gen Intel Core i - QM Speed GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz Cache MB L Chipset Intel HM Memory Corsair GB x GB mhz PC - -pin DDR SODIMM NOTE In I ran Memtest passes on each stick and there were no errors found Storage Crucial M SSD GB quot SATA ASUS N53SV-XV1 experiencing BSOD at random Optical Drive Super Multi DVD drive Communication LAN Mbps Ethernet WLAN Integrated b g n GHz Bluetooth Built-in Bluetooth Audio Bang amp Olufsen ICEpower Built-in Speakers And Microphone SonicFocus Realtek High Definition Audio Interface x USB ports x USB ports x RJ LAN Jack for LAN insert x HDMI x Microphone-in jack x Line-in Jack x VGA port Mini D-sub -pin for external monitor Power Output V DC A W Quad Core A W Dual Core Input - V AC Hz universal

A:ASUS N53SV-XV1 experiencing BSOD at random

Hello .

All of the bugchecks are the same.

Code:
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d8a31a7ad5, b3b7465ef5974a2b, fffff80005022590, 1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Quote:
Usual causes: Device driver, Breakpoint set with no debugger attached, Hardware (Memory in particular).

Code:
CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
This bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or
data have been corrupted. There are generally three causes for a corruption:

1) A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code
or data.

2) A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel
debugger that was not attached when the system was booted. Normal breakpoints,
"bp", can only be set if the debugger is attached at boot time. Hardware
breakpoints, "ba", can be set at any time.

3) A hardware corruption occurred, e.g. failing RAM holding kernel code or data.

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
fffff80005022a39 - nt!WmiQueryTraceInformation+4a9
[ 01:00 ]
1 error : !nt (fffff80005022a39)

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
Although I suspect the usual out-dated OEM drivers to be at fault in this case, also the fact that RAM
issues usually generate a wide range of stop-codes the following quote demonstrates the ideal
course of action to be taken at this time, please follow through in the order it appears .

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

First run it with all the existing/installed RAM modules. If it comes with no error, all is good.

But if it starts showing errors, Stop testing. Errors/red lines means one or more RAM is faulty. But the fault may occur due to a faulty DIMM slot, too, which is a motherboard component. Using memtest86+, you can discriminate between a faulty RAM and a faulty motherboard.

How? Say you have two RAM sticks and two DIMM slots. You obtained errors at the test with all RAM sticks installed. Now, remove all the sticks but one. Test it in all the available slots, one by one. Continue the same procedure for all the available sticks.
How to make the inference that is it a RAM issue or it is a motherboard issue? Suppose you have got the result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorErrorRAM2GoodGood It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorGoodRAM2ErrorGood It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

If memtest comes free from errors, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309783-asus-n53sv-xv1-experiencing-bsod-random.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Sorry if the title of this thread did not provide to much information I just have so many problems they would not fit into the title Lets start from the beginning So i recently purchased an Asus n sv-xe When i got it the internet connection was working fine for a couple months Until all of a sudden it just stopped working I had called asus tech support and they led me through dozens of steps that got me no where that proved useless I also was told to do a factory reset Though i would rather not because i have some important data on this pc that would take alot of time to Asus not adapter network n53sv-xe1 atheros working. re-install download So what exactly Asus n53sv-xe1 atheros network adapter not working. was happening was that when i was connected to the internet on this adapter it would only quot last quot for like minutes Then the adapter would stop working and sometimes even refuse to show up on the windows network and sharing quot network adapters quot page No matter what i tried re-installing the drivers reboots changing some bios settings virus checks nothing seemed to work This Asus n53sv-xe1 atheros network adapter not working. is extremely frustrating because i had to purchase an external usb network adapter that is not very fast and crashes alot too Also while connected to the atheros adapter it seems that the mbps rate is alot slower than alot of the other laptops in my house of them I also tested the speed while they were all off It stays at around mbps This is my ipconfig all ------------------------ Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Arin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Shadow Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List phub net cable rogers com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF-E -E - A- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Surf Wireless Micro USB Adapter Physical Address - - B- F- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ceec a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained May- - PM Lease Expires May- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - B- - - F- - C-ED-A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -DA-E - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap phub net cable rogers com Connection-specific DNS Suffix phub net cable rogers com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb f c b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f c b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C DA FF-D - A-A E - B D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E E A C-C - FF- A - F F BB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Arin gt ------------------------------------------------------- I would really appreciate any help you could provide And if it can be done without a factory reset Tha... Read more

A:Asus n53sv-xe1 atheros network adapter not working.

Can anyone help me with this problem.. Ive been looking everywhere for help...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231656-asus-n53sv-xe1-atheros-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I've being having persistent BSODs happening at random for a while now and am finally getting around to figuring out the problem I've run Memtest and it came back clean and yesterday started updating drivers not sure we got to all of them N53SV-XV1 BSOD, suffering ASUS frequent x64 Win7 and the BIOS Since updating drivers I've had two BSODs screencaps below Prior to today I've seen BSODs pertaining to 'ndis sys' and 'DRIVER STATE POWER FAILURE' among others if that means anything I have attached the zip file as per BSOD Posting Instructions but whenever I try to run the perfmon report I get the following error Here are the BSODs I experienced this morning Here's an older BSOD screencap I just found when I got the 'DRIVER ASUS N53SV-XV1 suffering frequent BSOD, Win7 x64 STATE POWER FAILURE' MACHINE SPECS Make and Model ASUS N SV-XV OS Windows Home Premium -bit Display -inch LED-backlit Full HD display x Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M with GB DDR VRAM and NVIDIA Optimus Technology Processor Type nd gen Intel Core i - QM Speed GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz Cache MB L Chipset Intel HM Memory Corsair GB x GB mhz PC - -pin DDR SODIMM I NOTE B Ran Memtest SINGLE PASS ONLY and it came back clean no errors EDIT Running Memtest again this time plan to let it run for passes Storage quot SATA GB rpm Optical Drive Super Multi DVD drive Communication LAN Mbps Ethernet WLAN Integrated b g n GHz Bluetooth Built-in Bluetooth Audio Bang amp Olufsen ICEpower Built-in Speakers And Microphone SonicFocus Realtek High Definition Audio Interface x USB ports x USB ports x RJ LAN Jack for LAN insert x HDMI x Microphone-in jack x Line-in Jack x VGA port Mini D-sub -pin for external monitor Power Output V DC A W Input - V AC Hz universal Any help is greatly appreciated

A:ASUS N53SV-XV1 suffering frequent BSOD, Win7 x64

Showing system level memory corruption in the debugs, are you overclocked at all?

If not.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226845-asus-n53sv-xv1-suffering-frequent-bsod-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I don't know enough about computers to figure out what the heck is wrong but it is making me lose my mind This laptop is only a few months old and it is causing me major headaches It usually goes BSOD HELP! random Please Constant ASUS NUTS - - 7 - Win - Going N53SV BSODs at random but after many tests that chance Constant random BSODs - ASUS N53SV - Win 7 - Going NUTS - Please HELP! seems to be higher when listening to music watching videos or playing games especially if multi-tasking with something else I have an OEM copy of Windows Home Premium x and all the video audio chipset drivers have been updated I have attached the zip file as per BSOD Posting Instructions but whenever I try to run the perfmon Constant random BSODs - ASUS N53SV - Win 7 - Going NUTS - Please HELP! report I get the following error IMG res wdc dll error gif IMG Error An error occured while attempting to generate the report The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out Also here are my complete system specs Display Diagonal Size quot Resolution x HD x Full HD Technology LED backlit Asus Splendid Video Intelligent Technology Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M with GB DDR VRAM Internal Intel HD Graphics for when the Nvidia Graphics Card is not needed Processor Type Intel Core i - M dual-core processor Speed GHz with Turbo Boost up Constant random BSODs - ASUS N53SV - Win 7 - Going NUTS - Please HELP! to GHz Cache MB L Chipset Intel HM Express Chipset Memory DDR MHz SDRAM Quad Core x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to GB SDRAM Storage quot SATA GB rpm Optical Drive Blu-Ray DVD Combo TV Tuner Hybrid Analogue Digital Communication LAN Base T WLAN Integrated b g n Bluetooth Built-in Bluetooth EDR optional Built-in Bluetooth optional Audio Bang amp Olufsen ICEpower Built-in Speakers And Microphone SonicFocus Realtek High Definition Audio Interface x USB ports optional x USB ports x RJ LAN Jack for LAN insert x HDMI x Microphone-in jack x Line-in Jack x VGA port Mini D-sub -pin for external monitor Power Output V DC A W Quad Core A W Dual Core Input - V AC Hz universal A thousand thank-yous to whomever is kind enough to help me You will be my personal hero

A:Constant random BSODs - ASUS N53SV - Win 7 - Going NUTS - Please HELP!

The only thing I can tell you for sure after a quick look at the dumps (sorry short on time right now)
Is the asus auto update tool was running every time you crashed, I would remove it temporarily and see if the frequency goes down or if the crashes even stop at all.
Get back to me on that one and hopefully I've have more time later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216715-constant-random-bsods-asus-n53sv-win-7-going-nuts-please-help.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi i've had this Asus for about months now and i've experienced BSOD's They are random and i almost kinda think they happen if i leave the laptop on for a long time like say a couple days but i'm not quite certain System Specs Model - EH71 ERRORS - N53SV DRIVER Help.RANDOM Laptop Asus BUGCODE BSOD Asus N sv Windows Home Premium X Intel i QM cores Hyper-threaded NVIDIA GeForce GT m Graphics Card Driver Date HL-DT-ST DVDRAM Atheros AR WB- NG Wireless Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Realtek HD Audio Also to note the first ever bluscreen reported something bout a DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE or something similar The last however have been BUGCODE DRIVER ERROR BSOD's I've attached the dumpfiles in a zip file Please i need your help and im woried because its a new computer and i don't know what could be causing it Oh i also have dameon tools installed and a program called motionjoy that helps me to emulate game controllers on BSOD Help.RANDOM BUGCODE DRIVER ERRORS Asus N53SV - EH71 Laptop my system when i plug in a gamepad I did BSOD Help.RANDOM BUGCODE DRIVER ERRORS Asus N53SV - EH71 Laptop research on the motionjoy program and the error that it gives if your pc crashes from it is different from mine so i doubt its that Please help the computer is barlely months old Attachment

A:BSOD Help.RANDOM BUGCODE DRIVER ERRORS Asus N53SV - EH71 Laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by Fro5t

Hi, i've had this Asus for about 2 months now and i've experienced 3 BSOD's. They are random and i almost kinda think they happen if i leave the laptop on for a long time, like say; a couple days, but i'm not quite certain.

System Specs:
Model - Asus N53sv
Windows 7 Home Premium X64
Intel i7 2670QM (4 cores)(Hyper-threaded)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540m Graphics Card/ Driver Date: 20110306
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM
Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Realtek HD Audio

Also, to note, the first ever bluscreen reported something bout a DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE or something similar... The last 2 however have been BUGCODE DRIVER ERROR BSOD's

I've attached the dumpfiles in a zip file... Please i need your help and im woried, because its a new computer and i don't know what could be causing it.
Oh i also have dameon tools installed, and a program called motionjoy that helps me to emulate game controllers on my system when i plug in a gamepad.... I did research on the motionjoy program, and the error that it gives if your pc crashes from it is different from mine so i doubt its that. Please help , the computer is barlely 2 months old

Attachment 193053

The issue is USBHUB.sys. Thats an OS file that is timing out waiting for a USB device to respond.

Some other things of note

Related to atkwmiacpi64.sys ATK WMIACPI Utility from ASUS. I would remove it.

Related to ASMMAP64.sys Memory mapping Driver from ASUS. It is over 3 years old an needs updating. (it was released before win 7 and cant know how to work in it)

Your ESET is from 2009 and in serious need of update if you want to rely on its protection.
USBHUB.sys

What devices do you have plugged into USB? How many are unpowered?
Tips for solving problems with USB devices

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208293-bsod-help-random-bugcode-driver-errors-asus-n53sv-eh71-laptop.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,My laptop model is Asus A42F. The problem is I can't find out & use the webcam of my laptop.Whenever I try to use it,it says no drivers found ! I have searched the device manager but no webcam device is showing there.
At the problem devices it is showing
1)pci simple communication controller.
2)Not available.
3)ethernet controller.
4)Base system device.
I got no idea what to do with this prob.Please let me know if you have the solution.Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-webcam-problem.219591/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone ,

I bought a new ASUS TP301UJ laptop yesterday but webcam is not working.There was USB 2.0 VGA UVC driver but ı deleted it because it was useless.I researched the internet, so I think problem based on win10,I tried many drivers but they cant support win10 , webcam is not still working.Can you have any idea?Please help me

Sorry for my english.Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59771-asus-webcam-problem.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi!

My computer can not find the built-in webcam. I think I have installed the correct drivers. When booting I press F2 and go into the advanced exists not in the list. I recently updated my BIOS. Could it be because of that? Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do?

all suggestions are welcomed!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-problem-asus-1215b.1007001/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

When chatting in skype my webcam turn on and off all the time (the indicator light turns off and on in unison with the video). Also the quality is poor. There is a lot of lag when watching myself (and also on the computer receiving the video). Seems like it's a 1 fps or something. I've checked and the driver is up to date, and I've reinstalled the virtual webcam thingy.

Help please!

A:Asus usb2.0 uvc 2m webcam / virtual webcam issues

Go to speedtest.net and confirm your connection speed is what it should be.

Are you having trouble streaming movies or audio online?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-usb2-0-uvc-2m-webcam-virtual-webcam-issues.965262/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all - This is my first time trying to custom build a system and it s not going so well I believe that I m having a problem with my ASUS V -X video board I ve had great success finding help on this forum in the past and I m really really really hoping that somebody can come through for me this time Here s my story I just please V9520-X custom build problem ASUS graphics help! with card? recently bought the parts for a new system from newegg com The system configuration parts are listed here Case THERMALTAKE SOPRANO VB BWS Motherboard ASUS A V DELUXE K T PRO Video VGA ASUS V -X TD Nvidia Processor AMD ATHLON P Venice core Memory xCRUCIAL DDRAM GB X PC- T HD HD G ST M SATA Seagate Burner DVD BURNER LITE-ON SOHW- S BK Floppy Drive FD MB SONY MPF Black OS Windows XP Home Service Pack it s a please help! custom build problem with ASUS V9520-X graphics card? Dell Windows reinstallation CD I have from a prior computer just in case that possibly matters I was having a problem where seemingly at random but frequent points my system would just hang and then restart I called ASUS technical support a number of times and tried a number of various fixes none of them successful Believing the problem to be the video board I did the following reformatted my hard drive to remove the OS all old drivers etc reset the CMOS on the asus motherboard as per section - of the A V Deluxe manual flashed the BIOS as per section - of the A V Deluxe manual reinstalled Windows XP installed the motherboard drivers included on the ASUS CD including the VIA in updated the VIA in driver using the latest version from the ASUS support website Version P at this point I had a stable system but my video card was not yet installed Just to make sure I tried installing some other software e g PowerDVD and that worked just fine installed quot ASUS Enhanced Driver quot from the CD which was included with the ASUS V -X installed quot AGP Gart driver quot from the same CD DID NOT install NVIDIA WHQL driver it is my understanding that I should install either the ASUS driver or the NVIDIA driver not both Attempted to install the driver for my Samsung monitor SyncMaster N at which point the system predictably crashed and then rebooted downloaded and installed the most up to date ASUS Enhanced driver from the asus website v - received a message that the enhanced driver was already installed Attempted to install Samsung monitor again and again the system crashed I have tried basically the same thing using the NVIDIA driver including getting the newest driver from the NVIDIA website instead of the ASUS driver and get the same problem To me it seems like there is some sort of problem with the video board Is there anything else that I should be trying or should I send the video board in to asus to be repaired or replaced I d appreciate any help that you can give me - I ve spent far too many hours on this already and I d just like a computer that works Thanks -Dan nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello to all!

I have change the operating system win XP instaled on my notebook with windows 7 (x64) and after that I have 2 thing that are not working. One of the thing is the webcam integrated on an Asus Z92KM notebook for which I can't find the driver and the other is a Canon scaner CanoScan N 650U which has the same problem it's not working because I can't find the driver.

Can anybody help me in this problem, please.

Best regards,
Bogdan Talpa

A:Webcam Asus Z92Km

Quote: Originally Posted by bogdantalpa

Hello to all!

I have change the operating system win XP instaled on my notebook with windows 7 (x64) and after that I have 2 thing that are not working. One of the thing is the webcam integrated on an Asus Z92KM notebook for which I can't find the driver and the other is a Canon scaner CanoScan N 650U which has the same problem it's not working because I can't find the driver.

Can anybody help me in this problem, please.

Best regards,
Bogdan Talpa

You can use vista drivers if you install them in compatibility mode. To do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility mode>pick OS

Let u s know if you need help with this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/86054-webcam-asus-z92km.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have an asus x55s series laptop and do not know how to take pictures with the webcam. would be very handy if somebody could suggest how this can be done with windows, onenote, or some other program. thankyou. (p.s currently in onenote when i press insert picture from camera it says there is none found, yet it lets me record video with my webcam). thanks in advanced..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-x55s-webcam.815397/
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently installed windows 8.1 on my Asus R510CA(motherboard ASUSTeK X550CA) and the built-in web cam is not working anymore. This seems to be a problem with asus laptops and upgrading to windows 8 but none of the posts i saw don't apply to my model or even give me a driver to try. I tried all the basic trouble shooting ideas from all those posts like uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, driver troubleshooting,asus website, updated bios and, trying to pick from the list of basic drivers.. None of these work so any help is appreciated. It comes up as USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam but it's built-in,

Here's my hardware id if it helps

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5606&REV_0530&MI_00
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5606&MI_00

EDIT- I tried playing with the camera settings and it's fully updated

A:Asus Webcam Driver Help Please

Welcome to the forum,

That's looking pretty tough to find, they list 82 camera drivers here,

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Camera

None match those hardware ID's that you posted.

I believe it's a composite device that needs other drivers for other components installed as well.

The 0BDA part seems to be related to Realtek, do you have the other three realtek drivers installed? (Audio, LAN & Card Reader)

That may kick something in to gear.

There's also sites like this to test basic working conditions of the camera and other related components,

Webcam Test - Test Your Webcam With Our Online Tool

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/68075-asus-webcam-driver-help-please.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I installed an external webcam to watch the deer in my back yard. My interal cam is now picking up the feed from the external one. So far, the only way I have found to fix that problem is yo unplug the external cam. Is there a way around this?

A:Asus all-in-one internal webcam

The internal camera is showing me what the external one is seeing. I want to keep both cams and use which ever one I want, depending on the situation.

I will try and explain it better. My external cam is looking at my back yard. My internal cam, the one built into the pc, is looking at me. I should see my back yard when I activate the exteral cam, and I should see me when I activate the interal cam. What I am getting when I activate the internal cam, is my back yard. The internal is instead, picking up what the external cam is seeing, which is my back yard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-all-in-one-internal-webcam.188741/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi, i just got a new computer an asus 1005HA and its running on windows xp and i cant seem to find it on my computer. i used it on facebook so i know it works but i cant find it otherwise

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-1005ha-webcam.872189/
Relevancy 52.03%

On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype. The I installed the Windows 7 Driver USB 2.0 1.3 M UVC and in Skype the picture is right, but the camera app starts with an error and saying that the camera is in use. I tried with google to find some answers but I didn't find any usefull.

Perhaps here is someone who knows this problem.

Manfred

A:Asus Webcam Driver

Originally Posted by mbartelt

On my Asus-Notebook Windows has installed the usbvideo.sys driver for my webcam With this driver the picture is upside down in the camera app and also in Skype.
Manfred

This has been an ongoing problem with ASUS notebooks. For convenience, ASUS installed their camera upside down in the lid of their notebook and customized the Windows 7 driver to flip the image. ASUS never upgraded their drivers to support Windows 8 and I don't expect they will for Windows 10 either. Microsoft builds a universal driver usbvideo.sys that works fine for the camera but does not have a provision to flip the image.

What remains needed is a registry option to flip the image for the Microsoft driver. Otherwise, our ASUS notebooks will be locked to Windows 7 forever.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/15578-asus-webcam-driver.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a netbook with a build-in webcam but i'm having some difficulties with it.

I'm using windows 7 (32 bit) and it's recognized as USB 2.0 Camera what seems to be normal for the build-in webcams. I also get the message's that the drivers are installed succesfully (tried re-installing them a few times already in the device manager).

But the problem is when i want to use/configure the camera (for example MSN) it shows the camera in the drop-down list but it only gives a black screen. I have been playing with all kinds of settings but that didn't change anything.

I've ran the Unknown Device Identifier to figure out the brand of the camera, but couldn't find any driver for that brand on the net.

the camera is; Sigma Micro USB Device (VID_1C4F&PID_3002)

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey
I have an ASUS A73SV and I cannot seem to find it's webcam drivers. I dont know what model webcam it is. I have checked on the asus support page and couldn't find it. Any help?

A:ASUS A73SV Need Webcam Drivers!

Hi dadur604, Here is a list of camera drivers used by Asus ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Camera yours may be on the list Use this little free prog to find the Device ID Unknown Device Identifier Free Download and then you can install the correct driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/311214-asus-a73sv-need-webcam-drivers.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I installed win7 on my Asus X83Vb and the webcam can't seem to find its driver.
Anyone has a compatible driver ?
I tried Asus website, their drivers are no good.

Also I noticed I get these error in *Device manager:

Base System Device:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_19C71043&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_19C71043
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_0880

Base System Device:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_19C71043&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_19C71043
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

...Could someone help ? thanks

A:Asus X83Vb webcam driver

Hi venxxxxx and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

With reference to this Tutorial Hardware Identification and the information you have provided (Vendor 1180 and Devices 0843 and 0592), I have found the following information.

The Vendor is Ricoh, and the devices are SD/MMC Host Controller and Memory Stick Controller respectively. This is probably a built-in card reader, and as such should be plug and play.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/152360-asus-x83vb-webcam-driver.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an ASUS UL50VT running Windows 7 64.

I did a system restore and now my webcam doesn't work. I can't get the drivers on the ASUS site to function and I can't find any external help. If someone could help me out with a solution, I'd appreciate it.

The webcam is internal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-ul50vt-webcam-issue.1011672/
Relevancy 51.6%

hey, me and my missus have spent the past half hour trying to track down the drivers for my Asus webcam, the little sphere that screws into a two legged base (if you know the one) which came free with an old AX800.

I can't for the life of me remember where the cd is and it seems the internet is a bottomless pit of pointlessly annoying 'driver' website which don't have any drivers, or the cheek, make you pay for something that's free.

However I am no so desperate I am willing to pay one of you good people (none of this internet ripoff scumsites) for this driver. if you can rip it off your CD or find me a working download I will wizz £2 to your paypal account from mine. No joke.

Please help me, explosion is immanent!

Thanks,

_Ed

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all,

About 6 months ago my inbuilt webcam on my ASUS M51SE just stopped working! I have searched and searched the net as to why but there are so many conflicting reasons.
I even wrote to ASUS support and they sent me an e-mail with a driver page to download but when I try it just doesn't work!
The webcam also does not show up in device manager...anywhere! so I can't even try to add harware.
When I run Liteframe for example (I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1) it just says 'no camera device detected'.
Can anyone tell me, in VERY plain english as I'm quite a novice,what I can do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated...

A:ASUS M51SE Laptop Webcam

If the built in webcam is not detected under the device manager, it is possible that the connection or the webcam itself is damage and you will need to send it for repair. You will not be able to install the driver if the device is not being detected by the computer that it is plug in or installed.

Try to contact ASUS again and inform them that the webcam is not detected in the device manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-m51se-laptop-webcam.846192/
Relevancy 51.6%

I need a new webcam program. I have ASUS with Windows 7. I used to have LifeFrame, but it dosnt work anymore for some reason. I need a good reliable source!!

Thanks!

I need a downloadable program so I can work my webcam.

A:Best Webcam Service compatable with ASUS?

What are you trying to do exactly?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451445/best-webcam-service-compatable-with-asus/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all I'm new here so let me first start of by saying HI Ok so here are my specs Operating System Windows Vista Business System Manufacturer ASUS Processor Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz CPUs Memory MB Ram Display Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Memory MB Webcam USB Megapixel UVC Webcam built in Ok so the problem is the Webcam is just darn slow And I'm NOT referring to internet connection here I'm talking about using any webcam software recording and Webcam Is Asus In SLOW Built playing back It's so slow motion and looks crappy I have even tried closing all programs and ONLY operating the webcam software Same outcome I have tried to play with the settings Turned off backlight compensation and all that jazz Same outcome I read somewhere that it might Asus Built In Webcam Is SLOW be because the webcam is running of my internal system memory and not the memory card heck knows if that matters I really hope one of you smart folks can assist me I'm want my webcam to play smoothly Kind regards Ryan

A:Asus Built In Webcam Is SLOW

Hello and welcome, ryanm123 .

A webcam of only 1.3 megapixels is already going to be dragging, and ontop of that you probably have lots of processes running, along with services . This could be "normal" .

I have a 0.3 megapixel camera on my laptop, actually, on both, and they work great, even with processes and services, I think I even pulled it off with Photoshop CS3 running .

What software are you using to record your work in ? Try VirtualDub, it's literally the best video editing software, except Adobe After Effects, for sure .

VirtualDub: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...LR4oplVPwpB6VQ

Also, what software are you using to playback your work in? If it's the same software you use to record in, I'd seriously recommend trying to playback in another media player .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-built-in-webcam-is-slow-399296.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

Upgraded my Asus N53SN from Windows 7 to Windows 8. Webcam driver isn't available at Asus Support Section.

Any advise?

A:Webcam Driver - Asus N53SN

Did you try win 7 driver? i have upgraded two Asus units, all work

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20149-webcam-driver-asus-n53sn.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an Asus K52jc with an integrated webcam, i try to open up the webcam through all programs, Skype, msn, Asus Lifeframe, and it always says Camera being used by another program. I have shutdown, restarted my laptop and opened up Asus lifeframe with no other programs open and it still says Camera being used by another program. is there any way i can fix this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k52jc-integrated-webcam-help.976397/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been working on this webcam issue of mine for about the past five hours now. I've literally gone through, deleted off Lifeframe, Virtual Camera, Smart Logon, downloaded the drivers and keep getting an error "USB2.0 UVC VGA/1.3m/2.0M WebCam" every time I try running any of the drivers for it. I'm frustrated because I just installed a new one thinking my old one was perhaps defective. I've checked BIOS and haven't seen anything in reference to webcam, there's no imaging devices section in my Device Manager and I'm just completely confused as to what the heck is wrong.

If I can put any more information to be more assisting in my issue I will but for now this is all I've got.

A:Asus G73jh Webcam Not Detected

You could invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193044

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-webcam-not-detected.191948/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone as far webcam Asus dark, unusable is as I know this has started since upgrading to Windows the webcam is very dark but still functioning as in if I hold a light in front of it it will appear Asus webcam is dark, unusable on the screen to me it looks like low exposure time I suppose when everything is working fine the camera adjusts the exposure time relative to the brightness of the image which is obviously not the case right now My laptop is an Asus UX JW The camera drivers I see under Device Manager are well is USB HD Asus webcam is dark, unusable UVC WebCam Things I've tried so far uninstalling the driver and re-installing it every time I restart my PC the driver is back googling my problem to no avail trying to install drivers off the internet like RealTek and stuff I've found another post about someone installing Fujitsu drivers and having that fix his problem it didn't help me Talking to Asus support which redirected me to Microsoft because the camera driver is theirs Microsoft couldn't help me out because I need to pay for some premium bulls t service And that's about it I have no further ideas Anyone else facing Asus webcam is dark, unusable this issue any ideas how to solve it Thanks keywords for people who will stumble upon this post on google or any other search webcam driver upgrade windows camera asus dark not working

A:Asus webcam is dark, unusable

Aha! I solved it! (sorry for the 3 day bump!)

For future reference, in case anyone stumbles across this post:

What I did:
1. Go into Skype
2. Tools -> Settings (or something like that)
3. go to video settings and choose your webcam, you'll have a little preview window to see how you look (who's that handsome guy? )
4. choose webcam settings under the window, or something along those lines.
5. Exposure: set to Auto

That was my intuition and it turned out to be true!
What's even weirder is that once you turn it on in Skype, it turns it on everywhere, if you open up the Camera application on your laptop it will auto-exposure there too.

Case closed, marked as solved.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/28973-asus-webcam-dark-unusable.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All,

I have a Asus VK278Q Monitor with integrated webcam
https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/VK278Q/
The software that came with the webcam was called LifeFrame and I remember it last working with Windows 7
I tried to install it with on Windows 10 (64 bit) I currently have but its not compatible (installs ok but does not open) and I don't see any other options on the Asus site for it.

Tried opening using Run as Admin and nothing
Tried Compatibility Troubleshooter and nothing

I remember the app for this being real crappy too.

Any other way to install this webcam via Windows 10 and just have windows detect the webcam for using in apps??
Anyone else had this problem happen and resolved it??

Please Help!!

A:ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam

Hi,

Give this a try:

Update ASUS MultiFrame Software
Download ASUS MultiFrame Software
Install ASUS LifeFrame 3.1.13
Download ASUS LifeFrame 3.1.13

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39877-asus-vk278q-monitor-webcam.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All,

I have a Asus VK278Q Monitor with integrated webcam
https://www.asus.com/us/Commercial-Monitors/VK278Q/
The software that came with the webcam was called LifeFrame and I remember it last working with Windows 7
I tried to install it with on Windows 10 (64 bit) I currently have but its not compatible (installs ok but does not open) and I don't see any other options on the Asus site for it.

Tried opening using Run as Admin and nothing
Tried Compatibility Troubleshooter and nothing

I remember the app for this being real crappy too.

Any other way to install this webcam via Windows 10 and just have windows detect the webcam for using in apps??
Anyone else had this problem happen and resolved it??

Please Help!!

A:ASUS VK278Q Monitor Webcam

Hi,

Give this a try:

Update ASUS MultiFrame Software
Download ASUS MultiFrame Software
Install ASUS LifeFrame 3.1.13
Download ASUS LifeFrame 3.1.13

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39877-asus-vk278q-monitor-webcam.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My Asus laptop has a built in webcam like most newer laptops and comes with the LifeFrame software. Any time I launch it, it says the camera is in use by another program. This is not so. It used to work! Any suggestions?

A:Asus laptop webcam not working

I have an Asus N50Vn with Vista 64 and have the exact same problem. Have contacted Asus tech support, but have not gotten a response. From all the forums I visited, this seems to be a recurring problem. Please let me know if you find a solution\.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-webcam-not-working.852054/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey ^- ^ !!

After buying a new desktop computer I get out of money and I realize that I don't have a webcam :x
And I remember that my old laptop had a good camera :з
I opened it with no problems and after I toked out the camera I get lost because I have no idea how to connect this to a desktop computer motherboard
Only thing I got are a photos of the webcam and I relay need help :c

Photos:

Camera Port cam Cable Port mb Mb​

A:Build-In Webcam from Laptop to Desktop

You sure that is a desktop motherboard? Looks like a laptop mobo to me lol. Anyways, and don't try this unless you can confirm it, you might be able cut and soldier the wires from one end of the small plug to the big plug, they seem to be color coded. Please do not try this without validating it.

However, even if I'm right and you can do this, that does not necessarily mean that it's going to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/build-in-webcam-from-laptop-to-desktop.1095863/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Asus Laptop with a built in camera.

When on skype/facebook chat I can hear the other person and the box in the top corner with myself in it, but I cannot see the other person. This is to many people, not just one so I know the issue must lie within my laptop.

When I click on >programs>lifeframe it comes up with the message " Multi Language Files are corrupted. Please re-install Life Frame 3"

but how do I do this?

A:ASUS built in webcam not showing other people

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.
You could just try installing it again.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WebCam/ASUS-LifeFrame3.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-built-in-webcam-not-showing-other-people.1090910/
Relevancy 51.17%

Asus a52f laptop w10/64 video picture is upside down. Device manager, okay no red/yellow marks, info Device USB\VID_13D3&PID_5130&MI_00\7&3222d138&0&0000 - driver provided by MS version 10.0.10240.16384 (2006!). Looked on the Asus website only shows drivers for win7.

Any ideas whether there is either a new win10 driver or an app to flip the image?

A:asus a52f webcam image upside down

Try in an application such as Skype. If there are any camera settings, maybe there is one to rotate or flip the image. I would also install the Windows 7 driver and hide the relevant driver update to prevent Windows Update replacing it again.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/29309-asus-a52f-webcam-image-upside-down.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Asus A3H laptop that came with a built in webcam. When I try to use the cam with MSN Messenger its states that I currently do not have one. I think its a missing driver as I have several yellow warnings from my device manager... I tried serching the ASUS website, but i really dont know what im looking for. Please help.

Relevancy 51.17%

I cannot seem to find a driver for my built-in webcam.
I tried searching the manufacturer's site but all they have is the webcam utility, not the real driver.

My notebook is an Asus G53SX.

Hardware Ids
USB\VID_1BCF&PID_2885&REV_0429&MI_00

help anyone?
thanks in advance

A:Cannot find driver for my Asus built in webcam

Welcome to SevenForums orbine

Kabayan,

Kindly check this link related to your concern.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-enable-webcam

And also this one to take a read

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...der-load/page2

Hope this one helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/239865-cannot-find-driver-my-asus-built-webcam.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Guys

I have an Asus UL30A which is refusing to install the webcam driver. I read someone a while ago that after reinstalling windows 7 64bit, which I have done, the webcam driver can be difficult to install.

I have tried installing all 3 versions of the driver and none of them work. It comes up with an error message, but no code.

There's no sign of a unidentified device in Device Manager under Sound, Video and game controllers. Who thinks it might be a hardware failure? I think its a software error but can't find anyway to get it to install.

Kind Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-ul30a-webcam-driver-broken.1121497/
Relevancy 50.74%
A:Cant get my siemans laptop build in webcam to work

First check Device Manager to see if it's listed as a recognised (listed by name) or unknown device (question-mark). If it's unknown, try re-installing the webcam driver from Siemens' website.

If it's not listed at all in Device Manager, not even as an unknown device, then it means the webcam itself is faulty to the degree that windows can't detect it - in effect it doesn't exist any more. In that case, consider buying an external one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-my-siemans-laptop-build-in-webcam-to-work.1077460/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I purchased about a week ago a Notebook Toshiba Satellite L50-B-166. After a few days that everything went well, for about three days, nor Skype nor the built-in camera activates again. The driver, in Device Manager, working properly and I have two rooms: a Toshiba HD Webcam and a SCPO82.

I have Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Who can he/she help me, please?

A:Satellite L50-B-166 - build-in webcam is not recognized in Skype

Try to reset the system back to factory settings.
To perform the recovery process, power up the unit and press F12
Then choose ?HDD recovery?

More details and further step by step instruction here:
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2A03ES0000R01.htm

I guess everything should work again booting the notebook with factory settings

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77932-Satellite-L50-B-166-build-in-webcam-is-not-recognized-in-Skype
Relevancy 50.31%

I've been trying, without any luck to get the internal webcam on my Eee PC 1000H to work with NetMeeting. All the video options in NetMeeting are greyed out, which indicates that NetMeeting doesn't detect a camera.

However, I know that the camera works and is enabled because I can use the webcam with the bundled EeeCAP utility, Skype, Gmail and with a trial of Polycom PVX (phenomenal, but somewhat pricy videoconferencing software).

Any suggestions about how to get the webcam working with NetMeeting or any other free/low cost H.323 compliant video conferencing software.

A:Solved: Videoconferencing/NetMeeting and Asus Eee 1000H's webcam

Anyone have suggestions?

I think I need to find DirectShow drivers for the camera? Possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-videoconferencing-netmeeting-and-asus-eee-1000hs-webcam.797266/
Relevancy 50.31%

UPDATE After some searching I found that the camera is controlled by a Realtek Webcam needed ASUS driver Win7x64 UX32VD T camera controller Can anyone help me find a driver for this The Realtek site doesn't have it listed Hello Unfortuneatly the webcam on my ASUS UX VD stopped working a couple of days ago I called ASUS support and they said they had no idea where to download the drivers from and couldn't provide me with any other solution than reimaging from the hidden ASUS UX32VD Win7x64 Webcam driver needed partition I'm hoping someone here can help me locate the drivers for this webcam The strange thing is I can't find any trace of the webcam in the device manager Below is a list of drivers and software I have already uninstalled and reinstalled from the asus support website ExpressCache FaceLogon LifeFrame Virtual Camera USB Drivers USB Charger Plus ATKPackage I've also ran a system restore back to a date when the camera was working but to no avail Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:ASUS UX32VD Win7x64 Webcam driver needed

As silly as it sounds have you just tried windows updating ? and a reboot as asfar as i can remember windows update will restore files that system restore wont if they are missing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/251169-asus-ux32vd-win7x64-webcam-driver-needed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello New to the site Like what I see so far Glad I found it I have been fighting the built-in webcam on this Asus G VT for some time now The issue is with Windows and G50VT issue, Asus webcam resolved flipped it s drivers available from Asus When installed the image will be flipped with no settings dialog to fix it at least not outwardly I got tired of looking on the internet for a fix for this so I went and did some digging The windows registry is a wonderful thing when it s working as it s supposed to Here s what I found The registry settings for the device are incorrect in three different places Asus G50VT webcam flipped issue, resolved CurrentControlSet CurrentControlSet and CurrentControlSet Changing the quot flip quot value to will fix the issue Registry values are as follows Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class BDD FC - F- D -BEC - BE F DefaultSettings quot Flip quot dword HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class BDD FC - F- D -BEC - BE F Settings quot Flip quot dword HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control Class BDD FC - F- D -BEC - BE F Settings quot Flip quot dword HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control Class BDD FC - F- D -BEC - BE F Settings quot Flip quot dword Once you put this in you will need to restart your computer I ve verified this as working on my own laptop If this has been posted elsewhere I apologize I searched and didn t find anything as a resolution Hope this helps someone Gaddenar nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-g50vt-webcam-flipped-issue-resolved.912822/
Relevancy 50.31%

Okay so for the past several hours I ve gone through the throes of attempting to get my Asus laptop s built-in webcam to work I took a on laptop cannot Windows 7 webcam the built-in Asus detect my look at Device Manager and had found two items titled quot Base System Device quot or something to that effect I don t quite remember and I thought that one of them would be the webcam Well after searching for the mystery items Hardware ID on Google I had Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop discovered that these devices were in fact not the webcam Then I had used the quot Add a Device quot option under Devices and Printers in the Control Panel to try and find the webcam After letting it churn for ten minutes it appeared that Windows wasn t even searching anymore and I was staring at a blank window for nothing The only clue I have about the situation is after running DriverEasy it listed quot USB M UVC WebCam quot as a needed update but it also said quot unplugged quot beside the selection and was highlighted in red After attempting to download and install the driver the program had given me some Packard-Bell webcam driver that is most definitely not correct Packard-Bell still exists This had all started however when I made a clean install of Windows I had just spent the last two days scouring the web digging up my lost drivers and programs that had come with the laptop Everything s been successful save for this one element My webcam is lost somewhere in my laptop I just can t get to it If anyone has any ideas as to what s happened and yes I know it s a possibility the wiring is shot and how to fix the issue please give me any tips that you can I ve done everything possible in my power including trying to find the drivers but you obviously can t install drivers for devices that Windows doesn t even detect Oh before I forget my laptop model is Asus x v B if that helps in any way nbsp

A:Windows 7 cannot detect the built-in webcam on my Asus laptop

Was this laptop purchased with Windows 7 as the OS that was installed on it ? Or did it come with Windows Vista and you just wiped it out and put Windows 7 on yourself??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cannot-detect-the-built-in-webcam-on-my-asus-laptop.155636/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Guys,
Win7 (32bit) cannot find my webcam after an update. Devce manager shows it as an unidentified device. msinfo32 shows following problems:
NAVEX15 ROOT\LEGACY_NAVEX15\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Unknown Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&1C78ACB5&0&5 43

This issue started with skype not being able to detect the webcam (says being used by another program)-previously uninstalling skyp and reinstalling an older version worked. not this time
Also tried reinstalling drivers from ASUS (maybe i am not using the correct one??)

my computer model is ASUS F50SV
Any help is appreciated. Need my webcam to keep in touch with my family.
Sridar

A:Asus Windows laptop does not detect my built-in webcam

Try here:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Expressgate&p=3&os=

or here:
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K50IN&p=3&os=

Don't pay attention to the model numbers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-windows-laptop-does-not-detect-my-built-in-webcam.178395/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all. Need help building a computer from scratch. Main purpose is live webcam feeds going out. Needs to be able to handle several real-time streams at a time, smoothly. Budget is about $1500, not including monitor and printer, but needs to include OS with all the right hardware and software. I do not want to buy "off-the-shelf" after having read many of your comments as to why it is better to custom build.

Is it do-able?
What are the main components I should get?
Hyper threading?
Any other advice?

Many, many thanks!

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all after three days of reading through forums and trying out different things I finally decided to post a thread myself as none of the posted solutions 1.3 asus webcam usb notebook Chicony MP 2.0 stopped working vista/ / worked for me My problem My webcam suddenly frooze while using it with skype That happened sometimes before alreday Usually it works 1.3 MP Chicony usb 2.0 webcam stopped working / vista/ asus notebook again after clsong the video connection and starting it again This time after clsoing my video connection the button for video calling disappeared and I got 1.3 MP Chicony usb 2.0 webcam stopped working / vista/ asus notebook a message at the bottom right corner of my screen that I have a USB connection problem At the same time I was updating windows vista Specifications Asus X sv notebook built-in MP Chicony USB webcam Vista Home SP Notes - Can t find an imaging device in device manager any more However one USB port is unidentified It says no drivers are uploaded for this product but it also says that this device is wirking correctly I m not sure whether this has anything to do with the problem - Several tries of installing different camera drivers always failed - System restore to a point before I did the vista update failed - However when using programms like Driver Max to identify the hardware a webcam is found but no specifications are given - I had this problem before when I bought the notebook years ago But then it could be fixed by installing the latest drivers - The energy settings I m using on my notebook do not allow USB ports to go to sleep mode in order to save energy Any help apart from reinstalling the OS and sending the notebook back to asus is highly appreciated Many thanks nbsp

A:1.3 MP Chicony usb 2.0 webcam stopped working / vista/ asus notebook

Let's first check if Windows reports any problem devices

First make sure your webcam is connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-3-mp-chicony-usb-2-0-webcam-stopped-working-vista-asus-notebook.137073/
Relevancy 49.88%

Help-
I have just gotten my new comp built and running (Asus A8N-SLI see my profile for my system). But there is no sound coming out of it. When I try to play something with WinAmp, I get an error message: "Bad DirectSound Driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078."

In BIOS, the onboard card is enabled. In control panel>sounds and audio>volume it says "no audio device."

under sounds and audio>audio it says "no playback devices."
under hardware>audio codecs" it says "this device is working properly."

I uninstalled the audio codecs, then downloaded the recent ac 97 audio codecs and installed them. plus control panel says they are working.

What can I do next?

I have not flashed the bios yet on this new mb. Would that possibly work?

A:new build: no sound asus a8n-sli

Have you installed a recent version of DirectX ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-sound-asus-a8n-sli.32955/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi just to say a big hello im a newb to this site ive just Asus problems New build recently purchased new stuff for my build Athlon Amd x Asus A n -sli Deluxe mobo x gig Corsair LL pro XfX gtx xxx Pc p amp c silencer w WD raptor X gig sata ive updated the lastest bios no problems left all settings at default for now anyhow im tryin to install windows XP sp onto my drive first off all i have one disk where i can install xp onto it but once in windows i get the BSOD after sec s on desktop new install no chance to install drivers etc with the name page fault in nonpaged area when i have tried to install windows XP with sp built in version and i tried another version of Xp Darkside but i still encounter a problem where just before its about to get to the blue screen where u get the option to install windows repair windows etc it just BSOD IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL my rd option was to try a ide seagate drive with my windows xp workin version this drive is what im using to post this thread it picks it up but when bootin up the pc it loads to the point of where the little blue loadin bar is once it stops to go to the next page normally where u can login password it just BSOD flashes and restarts everytime unable to read the error ive tried changing the gfx card to the other pci slot no difference tried New Asus build problems to install onto another sata drive but New Asus build problems it dosent get to the screen to install windows un plugged all devices but cdrom cpu gpu gfx memory ive have my x sticks of and ive got sticks so ive tried one at each time on there own to im currently running a memtest on the x atm my cpu is running at - c any ideas would b muchly grateful im baffled memtest- gt Pass Complete no errors nbsp

A:New Asus build problems

POWER OFF UNPLUG AND UNSTATIC then remove... everything in PCI slots.. then, change the ram around., then unhook all the CD/DVD drives, then the HDDs, then plug in only the HDDs after making sure the jumpers are at Cable Select if only one drive, Master and Slave if there is more than one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-asus-build-problems.117996/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm searching for an ASUS motherboard that is compatible with my hardware parts below:

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 SLBCK Desktop CPU Processor LGA1366 2.93GHz 8MB
RAM: Kingston HyperX 6GB Kit 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9 240PIN DIMM XMP Triple Channel Memory Kit
Hard Drive: 750GB Seagate sata hard drive
DVD ROM: IDE DVD ROM

I would like an on-board video connection.
Thanks

A:ASUS Motherboard Suggestions for New Build

I dont think any LGA1366 have on-board VGA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-suggestions-for-new-build.196401/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I've started a new build. Got all the components, built it but when I start it up the DRAM and CPU Red LEDs start flashing, does not post and then turned off after about 10 secs.

I checked the RAM, connections, made sure the heatsink and everything was fine. I then reset the CMOS and tried again. This time only the CPU LED flashed once, and then again as the PC turned itself off, still with no post.

Components are:

Asus P7P55D Motherboard
Intel i5 661 (3.33GHz)
4Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHz
ATI Radeon HD 5850 GPU
850w PSU

Anyone have any ideas to what might be the problem, or could it just be a faulty MoBo/CPU?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have just put together a new system

i7 920
p6t deluxe V2
8800 gts 512
bunch of hard drives
OCZ 700w power
OCZ 12 gb ram ( to arrive on tuesday )
vistax64 - not yet installed

This may sound like a stupid question but is it possible to access the bios or see anything on screen without the ram installed.

I've turned the system on and the lights are on and the fans spin but the screen is blank (without a signal ) - don't get any beeps warning about no ram....It looks suspiciously like my old Mobo when I killed it with a bios update.

I powered up the system because I read you can access the SSD browser on the mobo and I wanted to see if it works.

Any reasurance is welcome...you tell me I'm an idiot too it that's applicable

A:new build - Asus p6t deluxe issue (maybe)

Well..... I have never tried it...... Do you have a screen hooked up? You could check to see...

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217791-new-build-asus-p6t-deluxe-issue-maybe.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've built an ASUS A7V8X mobo with the following:
Nvidia Gforce FX 5600
1gig ddr pc2700 RAM
AMD Athalon 2600 XP
80G HD
200G HD
CD rewritr
DVD rewriter
Running Windows XP SP2

All drivers appear to be upto date

The system seems stable enough to start with, then once running programmes or playing games it starts to freeze, hang up or re-boot.
This shows up on games at end of missions or save points
The temp around the CPU seems to be anout 35degrees.

Anyone got any ideas??

Cheers

A:ASUS A7V8X new build problems

What date are your drivers for the 5600? Other then that I'd recommend you run some CPU and memory tests to see if that's causing your instability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v8x-new-build-problems.20671/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there I'm a new joiner and hoping that the more knowledgeable among you may be able to offer some help Basically my home computer quot died quot one day due to a corrupt hard drive Apparently a chip on the motherboard was fried so I was advised ot either buy a new system or upgrade everything It was a yr old system so past its due date so I went for an upgrade and had the following put into my existing case Asus P Q Pro motherboard Intel Core Quad Q htz gb Kingston Slow new - Asus boot Pro p5q m/b build on ram Nvidia GT gb Samsung F Spinpoint TB hard drive x Already had a cd burner and a dvd rewriter which I didn't upgrade plus a floppy drive and card reader I saw the computer up and running in the shop of the technician who built it and it seemed to Slow boot on new build - Asus p5q Pro m/b be working fine so I took it home Not sure ifit's worth mentioning this but at the time I saw it in the workshop he had only plugged in the dvd drive and not the cd drive as well Reason given was that because it was slower than the dvd drive he thought I woudn't need it but I asked him to connect it and then took it home Problem When I boot up at Slow boot on new build - Asus p5q Pro m/b the Win XP logo showing on the black background the blue Slow boot on new build - Asus p5q Pro m/b progress bar seems to freeze for about a minute and then resumes The total boot time is at least minutes which seems far too long and much longer than my yr old system took I've run searches on various forums and possible problems might be that the master slave jumper settings are not correct on the hard drives or some other driver hardware conflict I'm trying to get the techinician who built it to come round and sort it out but would appreciate hearing from anyone who might be able to offer some advice Much appreciated

A:Slow boot on new build - Asus p5q Pro m/b

EDIT - the technicial who built the machine said he thinks it may be a virus on my machine and "definitely not a hardware issue" which seems a little bullish. He's suggested I run an antivirus to see if that reveals anything. does this sound right to you guys?!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-boot-on-new-build-asus-p5q-pro-m-b-357773.html
Relevancy 49.02%

This is the first time I've built a computer and it doesn't seem to be POSTing.

The mother board is ASUS P8Z680-V and the CPU is an i5 2500k. All cables are plugged in, including the ATX/CpU 8 pin power cable.

What happens is the motherboard powers up for a good 10 seconds, I get no beeping from the speaker, then it powers down, then it powers back up again and stays powered on until I turn it off, I get no display on the monitor or no beeps on the mobo speaker.

When it powers off after 10 seconds the CPU led lights up for a split second. The DRAM light is on though. I've tried different combinations of RAM and nothing seems to work. I've tried taking the RAM out just to test if the speaker is working and it was, I was getting 1 long beep followed by 2 short which indicates memory problems.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have built what I was expecting to be quite a powerful system but instead it seems a bit slow to be honest I m wondering if I need to set something particulary in the bios as I ve just left it as standard apart setting the memory speed to instead of Auto This is what I m using Asus M A XTD EVO AM AMD X ATX DDR Audio amp Gigabit Ethernet AMD Phenom II X AM GHz MB Black Edition Kingston GB x settings with Bios M4A79XTD) help build need New and (ASUS GB DDR MHz PC - HyperX Memory Kit CL New build and need help with Bios settings (ASUS M4A79XTD) - - - ZOTAC GTS AMP GB DDR Dual DVI HDTV Out PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card Arctic Power X-Power Pro W GTX Extreme Modular PSU - cm Fan x PCI-E x SATA Windows Ultimate bit Do you reckon I need to set up voltages etc of New build and need help with Bios settings (ASUS M4A79XTD) whether this could all be down to my hard drive as I have x TB Samsung Spinpoint HD UJ Sata drives and on the windows performance information it is giving my primary drive a performance of out of a maximum of everything else is in the s Many thanks in advance Jason nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I have just completed a new build. On first switch on the BIOS loaded & I received the message 'Re-boot & Select proper boot device'.

I can't get past this.

The build has a SSD drive only, the onboard graphics is being used for now, I have not yet connected a CD'DVD drive & no other drives.

I have initialised the drive in another PC but that has not resolved the issue.

All components are new, has anyone had a similar problem, it's got me puzzled?

Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN 3
Intel i5 2500K 3,3 Ghz 1155
Corsair Vengence memory 16GB
Corsair 60GB Force 3A SSD SATAiii 6Gb/s

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

A:ASUS MoBo will not boot on SSD drive on new build

As the new MOBO's now have a uEFI BIOS.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI BIOS:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

uEFT BIOS setup:
ASUS Sabertooth P67 Motherboard EFI BIOS - YouTube

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/207763-asus-mobo-will-not-boot-ssd-drive-new-build.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This situation is now present due to some type of failure by an onboard type
of bios related problem, or cpu failure. This thread may be responded to by a
current owner with similar issues, or someone experienced with this model.

Installed hardware:
ASUS A8V Deluxe mother board
ATI RADEON 9600 All-In-Wonder 256mb
CORSAIR PC3200 XMS series matched pair 512mb dimms
PCI sound card not installed
onboard NIK card utilized for dsl hub

"CPU FAILURE DETECT" message upon initial powerup with black screen
(note: replacement cpu ordered when two pins were discovered missing.)

COMPONENTS BY DESCRIPTION: according to shipping receipts
Asus A8V Deluxe mb/AMD Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro chipset
WD 2000JD 200gb SATA 7,200rpm hard disk
ATI RADEON 9600XT 256mb DDR TV
Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT 1gb DDR400 XMS3200 Dual Channel Memory
AMD Atholon64 3200+ cpu
TriMaxx Black w/window and 24pin 350w psu

Relevancy 48.59%

What kind of system could I build with a Asus A8V motherboard?
What type of processor & fan would I need.
What type of memory do I need for it.
I have a couple of cases so that is not a problem.
I think it takes serial drives.
What would be the cost of the extra items if I had the board.
How long has that board been out?

Thank you,

Relevancy 48.59%

This system is all brand new and put together just this P5N-D boot wont build system Asus new morning Motherboard Asus P N-D Memory Asus P5N-D new system build wont boot GB DDR pc CPU Intel Quad Core Ghz Heat Sync Antec Performance Max mm fan heat pipes Video Gigabyte Geforce Gts Gb DDR PCI Express Power W Cooler Master Silent Pro Chasis Antec P Anyway this is my second system build and everything went wonderful on the first time powering it up Everything came on and the Asus P5N-D new system build wont boot system detected all my Hard Drives and the DVD rom I put in my copy of windows seven and went to install the bit edition of the ultimate Windows then went on to try and ready the files At this point I leave the room for a Asus P5N-D new system build wont boot quick call of nature while the system does it s thing When I came back the computer was all shut off and when I go to push the power I get nothing but a quick flash of the light from the fans The green power light on the board is fine and when I plug a monitor in it detects that its attached to the video card So I disconnect the power and reinsert the main power cords on the system for the cpu and the board Plug it back in the turn the power supply on and get the little green light I hit the power button and again all I get is a quick flash of the fans and lights I have no idea what might be causing this but the system was running good for a full five mins Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this nbsp

A:Asus P5N-D new system build wont boot

may have overheated... i had the same board a little over a year ago and it had the worst chipset cooling i'd seen. clear the cmos and install that chipset fan that comes included with the board and see if that helps. i can't remember if i had to do a BIOS update on mine but needless to say it was actually one of the buggiest boards i've owned thus far; i ended up selling it.

i do remember having problems with sata drivers for my optical dvd drive so you might want to start there. the driver support for that board from nvidia is garbage and I had to do a lot of experimenting with beta and generic drivers. if you haven't configured the BIOS settings than i would try that next, or try it with 2GB RAM installed and see what happens. might need to be configured manually via options in BIOS as well...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-d-new-system-build-wont-boot.141798/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hii I recently bought a barebone and a few components to build my new PC however I cannot get any display output from the machine Here s how it is Processor fan spins green led on HDD s spin and CD - Asus Build Display Mystery New No Output Tray opens Ram Processor and New Asus Build - No Display Output Mystery Barebone have all been replaced New Asus Build - No Display Output Mystery at least once Machine has no speaker so I am unable to listen for beeps although I do plan on buying one soon I believe the bios is upto date which does support my processor rev g printed on mobo and on sticker I have tried onboard vga dvi and hdmi as well as a PCI graphics card along with several wires and monitors CMOS has been cleared several times And I HAVE connected the pin power plug I have also tried the setup with minimal components no HDD CD and no difference SPECS Processor AMD Athlon II X Barebone Asus V -M A E w psu Ram GB DDR Mhz x Note For a while the machine turned on but the front light did not and the processor fan span a little slow after lots of messing around both these issues now appear fine still no display output though Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am totally stumped Thanks Jay nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Bought this new build for video editing.

I am noting BSOD at windows login screen, and while browsing the internet. Sometimes even just looking at a document for 15 minutes and then BSOD.

Getting the following errors, sometime I miss the error message but:
kmode exeption not handled (clipsp.sys)
page fault in nonpaged area clipsp.sys (this one the most)
system thread exception not handled atikmdag.sys
critical process died
system thread exception not handled

have tried updating all drivers I could think of. Have reinstalled windows a few times also.

System Spec
Computer type:
PC/Desktop

System Manufacturer/Model Number:
A88x-Pro Asus Build

Windows 10 Home

CPU:
AMD FM2+ A10 77 3.8ghz

Motherboard:
Amd Asus A88x-Pro

Memory:
ddr3 16gb 1600m (2x 8gb modules)
120gb sandisk ssd plus
WD 2TB desktop hard dr

Graphics Card(s):
Radeon r7

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48105-all-new-build-lots-bsod-ax88x-pro-asus.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just got my new motherboard and built my system. I have a revised edition of the Asus P8P67 pro board and Intel i5 second edition processor.Everything works great, except for one annoying thing. When i hit the power button, the system fies up for about 5 seconds, lights are on, fans going etc. Then it shuts off. Completely off. Then restarts up all on its own. Whats that all about? Anyone know of a fix for this??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-strange-occurance-at-start-up-asus-p8p67-pro.989679/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi
I've recently completed a PC build:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard
Intel i7 4930k CPU
64GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD
Samsung 840EVO 500GB SSD (boot drive)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX760
PSU: Corsair AX860
Windows 8.1

Machine started shutting down unexpectedly, and refusing to wake from sleep a few days after being built.

A few days later and the problem has got worse now - BSOD with various errors, such as MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE, and others. Oddly, desktop search has also stopped working.

I have updated the drivers and the BIOS, but this doesn't seem to have had any effect.

I'd be very grateful for any assistance anyone is able to offer! SF Debug Tool output attached.

Thanks
Paul

A:BSOD on new build Win8.1, ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

UPDATE: Left the PC running overnight in safe mode. This morning it was showing the login screen - presumably had suffered a BSOD during the night in safe mode...

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48381-bsod-new-build-win8-1-asus-rampage-iv-extreme.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Starting with build 7201, the Asus Xonar DX drivers render the OS effectively useless. Basically after installing, you'll find your system unresponsive no matter what you do or how many times you reboot. Everything appears to start up fine until you try to launch any application.

If you're stuck in this situation after installing the Xonar drivers on 7201, my suggestion is to boot into the recovery console and use system restore to return to a point prior to installing the drivers. I tried several versions before I gave up and am going back to 7137.

A:Asus Xonar DX Users: Avoid build 7201

Had the same problem, and I discovered a solution that lets you use 7201 and the Xonar drivers in relative harmony. First, open up your taskmanager and end the following processes:

hsmgr.exe
hsmgr64.exe

And voila, everything instantly works fine. Of course, you'll also want to prevent those processes from running on boot. This isn't a perfect fix, as it'll prevent 'GX2.0' from working (i.e., you'll lose EAX emulation in games).

Startup Programs - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/12322-asus-xonar-dx-users-avoid-build-7201-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have recently purchased Windows Pro -bit to install on another partition installation build on Pro finish Windows to 64-bit fails ASUS 7 home on my Vertex III SSD drive For work related reason I have mainly used Windows XP Pro -bit so this also is the case for my home desktop PC I recently purchaed Windows and have attempted to install it on a second partition of about Gb on my SSD drive The Windows install setup loads no problems I choose the partition to install onto and go through the procedure of installing The installation uncompresses the windows files etc then proceedes and then requests to restart the PC in s etc It does this and does some futher installation during wich the screen stays blanc dark with the monitor on Then the finalising installation window setup pops up and there Windows 7 Pro 64-bit installation fails to finish on home build ASUS is another reset of the PC At this stage the boot choice menu for Windows Windows 7 Pro 64-bit installation fails to finish on home build ASUS shows up with quot olfer versions of Windows quot and the Windows choice showing I choose the Windows boot and the Windows boot logo shows up briefly after which the monitor goes blanc dark with the monitor light ON not standby The disk light flashes for a while s or so but after that very little disk activity goes on with the monitor still blanc with monitor light ON not standby mode I left it like this for minutes even after a second attempt of installation but the installation appears to stop at the same point and the monitor stays blanc with no further indication of installation activity and no final welcome to windows screen - nothing no BSOD just blanc screen At no stage was I ever asked for a serial number as with a Win XP installation so I am completely lost as to where I am in the installation process I do not really know what to expect or if I should leave the installation longer when in the blanc screen mode Basically I was expecting some feedback from the installation where it is and not just a blanc screen as it seems to always end up in I have previously checkd that Windows -bit will run on my ASUS P G T-M LE motherboard with Gb of memory There is only a wireless card and a basic soundblaster audio card installed Windows XP pro -bit is already installed and working on the other partition and I can still acess it no problems I was expecting the Windows installation to run smoother and with no issues but this is not the case and I have no idea what could be wrong if there are some drivers missing or other compatibility problems etc Would appreciate some ideas on what might be wrong and how to proceed Thanks in advance Cheers Mik

A:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit installation fails to finish on home build ASUS

Hi aplhonique

Take a look at the tutorial below

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/282594-windows-7-pro-64-bit-installation-fails-finish-home-build-asus.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Fellow Computer Techies,

Have been experiencing Random BSODs on my new 3930K build. Total of 5 BSODs in the last 2 months at no particular time. Have run Prime95 and Intel burn test for many hours at end of build with no BSODs.

This is a brand new 64bit Win7 install. System is running very cool (32-35F). From what I read this exception might be caused by hardware issues? Anyone with more knowledge have time to take a look at a Minidump and help point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD on Asus P9x79 Deluxe 3930K Build for no particular reason.

Welcome to Seven Forums djohan.

I'm not the BSOD debugger you're looking for, but yes the 0x124 error is hardware related, where is a mystery. First they will ask you to uninstall AVG as it is a cause of blue screens very often, and install MSE, link in my sig.

To better help us to help you would you please add your systems specs? Here's the correct way to do it. :SystemInfo See Your System Specs Under System Manufacturer/Model Number add whether it is a desktop or laptop and whether self built. Very important

Log in to Seven Forums and you will be able to transfer the info directly to the specs page in your profile from within the System Info app.

Your System Specs here.

After doing this your specs will be available in each of your posts.
Click on My system Specs in the lower left of this post to see how it should look.
Full instructions are in the tutorial.

Some hardware tests to run.

Graphics card test:
Video Card Stress Test with Furmark
Hard drive(s)test(s):
Pick one for your HDD brand or use Seatools. Skip this on the SSD, only for HDDs.
7 Free Hard Drive Testing Software Tools
RAM (memory) test:
This will require memtest on a bootable CD or USB stick.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Looks like a lot, take one step at a time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297599-bsod-asus-p9x79-deluxe-3930k-build-no-particular-reason.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Stop e code P8Z77-V PC Lots - new Premium Asus - with problems build 7E of STOP I received an Asus P Lots of problems with new PC build - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - STOP 7E Z -V Premium a week ago and I have been trying to get everything working but I Lots of problems with new PC build - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - STOP 7E am running into more and more problems and things seem to be going backwards at a fair rate of knots I've done two windows x ultimate installs over the past week the first which had SP slipstreamed into it and the nd just the unmodified install DVD The first worked until I installed some new software and drivers and then BSOD repeatedly and Lots of problems with new PC build - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - STOP 7E nothing would get me back into windows There were no restore points for some strange reason and last known good and safe mode made no difference I re-installed again today and now I am back to where I started with a non-booting PC However this time I do have restore points available but I have already done a restore which did get me back into windows before it again started BSOD'in I did uninstall the latest nvidia driver while in safe mode and then BSOD after that until I could not get back into safe mode or windows I cannot get into windows to get the dump files and I have no other windows installs ATM to recover them There have been some other problems with the keyboard and mouse While in the Bios on some occasions the mouse will not perform a left click but it does move the pointer The keyboard works okay and can navigate At some point the mouse starts working fully again Another problem has been with the Windows Boot Manager menu which exists from multiple OS's on my previous PC build Frequently the keyboard will not respond to key presses to start the boot or move the menu item I have found that pressing the standby sleep key on the keyboard makes the keyboard work Windows ultimate x Asus P Z -V Premium Intel i - K Thermalright Venomous X heatsink with Akasa Viper fan and a nd OCZ fan from a Vendetta heatsink x GB Samsung Green DDR Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro USB connected with a USB mouse connected to the keyboard hub connector - I have no other USB keyboard to change it with to rule it out as a problem only PS T Balancer Fan controller no drivers installed although I did install some before the BSOD began earlier today however I never installed them with the previous Win SP installation SATA hard drives Blu Ray re writers Pioneer BDR- DBK amp Liteon iHBS

A:Lots of problems with new PC build - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - STOP 7E

While starting Safe Mode and watching the logging of where it gets to, immediately before it BSOD's it always stops for a very long time on CLASSPNP.SYS.

Another problem has been with Sleep/ S3 Standby. If my system goes into sleep or I put it to sleep, when resumed, the keyboard and mouse do not function and it will never resume back into windows. I used to use S3 Standby extensively with all my previous PC's and it's meant that my PC has been on for long periods when it would otherwise of been in Standby.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281617-lots-problems-new-pc-build-asus-p8z77-v-premium-stop-7e.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hi there I'll describe my initial problem first Packard bell PC imedia something radeon sapphire HD GPU upgrade recent Jan windows bit custom install upgrade from vista bit during which i backed up all files on a Samsung external hard drive then did PC Repair Startup ASUS/INTEL/RADEON Loop, build a complete hard drive wipe install of windows then put it all back on using software run by the Samsung drive Went perfectly as planned Other than that the PC was stock One day playing Cod screen inputs failed then keyboard Startup Repair Loop, ASUS/INTEL/RADEON PC build failed then funny smell from PC tower so I switched it Startup Repair Loop, ASUS/INTEL/RADEON PC build off After analysis showed to be PSU fail I took the opportunity to build a better PC as this one is quite a few years old now So I only used the hard drive WD AAKS Blu ray reader disk drive memory card reader drive and Radeon GPU from the old PC everything else is new ASUS P Z -V LX mobo Overclocked intel i processor with artic cooling freezer CPU fan Corsair TX PSU Antec DF- case with led fans All cables and such are new and all plugged in correctly When turned on the first time all fans on leds and everything started as it should have but NO BEEP monitor came on instead of showing initial boot screen asus version came up then tried to boots windows then just as the circles begging to circle the logo it crashes screen turns off then on again then back to asus screen the windows screen crashes like before then asks me to do startup repair or start as normally - NO OTHER OPTIONS Every time I do this it says it couldn't solve the problem and restarts then crashes then restarts then goes to startup repair option again If i select start as normally it just crashes again like before then loops back to startup repair option again I have tried all options possible after the startup repair fails including command prompt stuff system restores image restores hardware diagnostics basically everything It either fails then goes back to the startup repair loop or tells me there are no problems with the hardware then goes back to the startup repair loop I AM AT A LOSS FOR WHAT TO DO I can't find anything on the web to help hoping some geniuses on here can fix my problem I think my hard drive is corrupt but signs have led me to believe its not completely corrupt - like it will see all the places and times on my hard drive to use when i select system restore however after a fair time of trying each time and with multiple possible restore points it fails every time I think all the other hardware is fine and working as it should I think some of the windows system files were damaged when the old PC's PSU blew while playing COD it usually handles COD fine All and any comments appreciated ask away and I will let you know if i have tried it yet Sorry for the long read Cheers in advance guys

A:Startup Repair Loop, ASUS/INTEL/RADEON PC build

Since you have new hardware, I would suggest backing up your data and doing a clean install. This is usually the recommended tactic with new hardware. If you do not want to do this, you could try something else first...

You will need a Windows 7 repair disc or you can use the Advanced Boot Options to get to the System Recovery Options.

Then try the steps in Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery. Note the warning:

Quote:

Warning
The instructions presented withing this tutorial must be followed correctly, or you can damage your Windows 7 installation even further. This tutorial is designed to help recover from a bad registry that is causing the startup repair loop. You should note that there may still be some issues remaining that cannot be fixed by manually restoring the registry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219273-startup-repair-loop-asus-intel-radeon-pc-build.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Since I had had this pc I have had random lockups related to my PC in which only a reset can make the computer caused Asus software Lockup/Hangs build. Probably since by (IOMap64.sys usable again I was really confused and decided to turn on crash dumps I analysed the dumps and it Lockup/Hangs since build. Probably caused by Asus software (IOMap64.sys pointed out that the problem was caused by IOMap sys I checked my PC and it was in the AI Suite III folder so i decided to uninstall it However the problem still persisted and still pointed to IOMap sys as the problem I checked my c drive again and it is in this folder C Program Files x ASUS VGA COM i - k DDR RAM Palit GTX Asus X -A Deepcool cpu cooler Aerocool X-strike power supply gold GB Kingston SSD TB Hard Drive I have reinstalled OS several times to see if I installed drivers incorrectly had this install for weeks I recently uilt this PC a Lockup/Hangs since build. Probably caused by Asus software (IOMap64.sys month ago Latest dumps are from but hangs happened more than once daily I had had hangups before windows login loaded I had had hangups just when login has loaded I also have overclocking failed sometimes before windows has loaded telling me to change to defaults even though I have Going to UEFI and restarting sorts the problem BTW couldn't do the perfmon as the admin operator has refused request

A:Lockup/Hangs since build. Probably caused by Asus software (IOMap64.sys

As it occurs prior to Windows loading, drivers and programs can be ruled out for now.
Issue may be chipset drivers not installed correctly or a BIOS update is needed.
What brand of Ram is used and part numbers, may be a compatibility issue there also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/lockup-hangs-since-build-probably-caused-by-asus-software-iomap64-sys-993962.html
Relevancy 46.87%

need help desparetly new build asus k vx mobo seagate hdd sata g having major issues with the sata drive i guess as to be expected from what i ve new mobo problems sata / build, seagate k8vx barracuda, asus 250g read at least the hdd is reconized and new build, asus k8vx mobo / sata 250g seagate barracuda, problems i can start to load windows but before i get out of the infamous blue screen it replies that it can t copy viasraid sys file well i checked my floppy disk and that file is on it now why can t it copy it i just feel stuck i ve even tried to downlaod new updates for my bios and the site is under construction i also read somewhere that you should be able to change the bios new build, asus k8vx mobo / sata 250g seagate barracuda, problems from sata to ide well i can t find where to at all so as you see i m getting very frustrated probably something new build, asus k8vx mobo / sata 250g seagate barracuda, problems real simple i hope maybe i need to recopy that file that it can t copy again i ve got an old small ide hdd installed as of now just so i can try to find out what the problem is and i ll switch out cables from one to another to keep trying new things so please help me all help appreciated and very much needed thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-asus-k8vx-mobo-sata-250g-seagate-barracuda-problems.35088/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I am having daily BSoD with same error this is all I can provide if anyone can help Last one lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Z87k BSoD Core? MB Error Proc Intel? - - 41 Asus Build - New i5-4670K Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C New Build - Error 41 BSoD - MB Asus Z87k - Intel? Core? i5-4670K Proc B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt New Build - Error 41 BSoD - MB Asus Z87k - Intel? Core? i5-4670K Proc Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Arnel-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xbf lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt FEW BEFORE lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Arnel-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa b lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt First build so any help will be appreciated Thank you

A:New Build - Error 41 BSoD - MB Asus Z87k - Intel® Core™ i5-4670K Proc

Please upload the dump files by following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328120-new-build-error-41-bsod-mb-asus-z87k-intel-core-i5-4670k-proc.html
Relevancy 43%

Looking for help I ve recently completed a new build and can only get WinXP to boot but not Win First my components ASUS P Z -V Pro MB Intel i K Kingston HyperX Ram GB KHX C C K GX GeForce GT used from prior WinXP, can New Pro Can't load but P8Z68-V ASUS load Win7 build, MB system Seagate Barracuda GB from prior Maxtor GB from prior PS is W not sure of brand off hand My hard drives were previously partitioned Can't load Win7 but can load WinXP, New build, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB as follows The Seagate had a primary GB boot partition with Can't load Win7 but can load WinXP, New build, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB Windows and the remainder as a backup partition The Maxtor has a small GB partition with Win XP as a back up in case of primary drive failure with the remainder of the drive used as my main data partition Assembly seemed to go fine but on first boot simply went to a black screen after post I flash updated to most recent Bios and disconnected the Maxtor drive At this point could get to the boot screen But no matter what option Can't load Win7 but can load WinXP, New build, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB I chose normal startup safe mode repair last known working configuration it would go to black screen with quot Starting Windows quot and would either hang here or sometimes the loading animations with the colored flags would just begin to start and then I d get a blue screen When attempting safe mode I would get a blue screen amidst loading drivers At this point I put in the Win installation disk Whether I select repair or new installation it will say loading files then go to blue screen after the quot Starting Windows quot displayed At this point I stripped the build down to complete barebones removed graphics card dropped down to stick of RAM disconnected all extra USB ports firewire etc I switched over to the Maxtor HD I went ahead and formatted the WinXP partition the MBR was messed up and attempted a reinstall of WinXP This went just fine and easily booted into WinXP I then added back in the RAM graphics card and extra ports and still booted into XP without a problem I switched back to the Seagate Win but still found I was unable to boot Win with the same hang or BSOD I again switched back to the Maxtor HD and thought I d try to format the XP partition and install Win on that drive After booting from the Win CD and selecting new install no luck-- again it states it is loading files then goes BSOD after showing the quot Starting Windows quot text I m stuck- for whatever reason the system doesn t seem to agree with Win I m guessing either a MB or Bios issue I m hoping some bright soul out there will have some insight or ideas Thanks much for reading and sharing any thoughts you may have Cheers- nbsp

A:Can't load Win7 but can load WinXP, New build, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB

OK, I am not following was this an existing win7 install that you expect to boot with a new mb OR did you clean install win7 with the new board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-load-win7-but-can-load-winxp-new-build-asus-p8z68-v-pro-mb.1032686/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hopefully someone here has ran into this problem before and can help Vista could (was Messenger/Logitech be Problem Yahoo Webcam a told problem) me because Google Yahoo and Logitech Yahoo Messenger/Logitech Webcam Problem (was told could be a Vista problem) have all been worthless ------------------------------------------------------ Here are my desktop computer specs Vista DC gHz GB DDR- WRT G Linksys Wireless router Cox internet Scientific Atlanta DPC R Cable Modem Windows Firewall turned completely off Logitech Quickcam Pro My laptop computer specs Vista DC gHz GB DDR- WRT G Linksys Wireless router Cox internet Scientific Atlanta DPC R Cable Modem Windows Firewall turned completely off Logitech Quickcam Pro Her laptop computer specs Vista DC gHz GB DDR- Windows Firewall turned completely off Logitech Quickcam Pro Wireless router settings Yahoo application port forwarded for ports - Yahoo Messenger settings Camera source selected to QuickCamPro quot Allow everyone to view my webcam quot selected ------------------------------------------------------- The situation My fiance and I both got the same webcam to use because we live about k miles we are both Army apart for the time being The first time I used the webcam I was at a hotel in Texas on their wireless internet and on my laptop connecting to her laptop It worked IMMEDIATELY I installed the Logitech software from the CD it updated from the internet plugged it in BAM worked like a charm over Yahoo I got back from my business trip and at home my laptop is connected to the internet through my wireless router not sure if that matters Started up Yahoo and plugged in the webcam and BAM nothing well it works on my end in the software but not on hers It says quot waiting for permission quot on her end and gives her advertisements for herpes medication and stuff instead of showing my sexy mug Anyhow I Google quot Yahoo Messenger Waiting for Permission quot and there are about relevant results with not a single worthwhile answer most of the results are Yahoo Answers with either worthless suggestions or none at all I tried the usual crap like reinstalling the Logitech software and Yahoo software even though neither one of us made any changes to our computers in that time frame and it still didn't work So I did a little more research and saw that for a different problem completely someone opened up ports - on their wireless router So I did And I also turned off Windows Firewall and had her do the same Still no dice So now I am pissed of course but I plug the webcam into my desktop computer and install everything the same way I did initially on my laptop and she still gets the quot waiting for permission quot on her end So wanting to punch something but nothing being around I instead disconnected my wireless router completely and hooked my cable modem directly into my desktop computer restarted and all that crap and still the same problem I am at a complete loss as to is going on I have to listen to soft rock or love songs at the moment because if I listen to hard rock or something I'm going to use either my M carbine or Springfield XD pistol to practice target shooting with my webcam and computers

A:Yahoo Messenger/Logitech Webcam Problem (was told could be a Vista problem)

Hello Matth3w

Welcome to TSF

I have seen the rest of your requests for help in different forums and not one person has asked you, Have you got Norton? Has your partner got Norton?

If so then you/your partner need to give Norton permission to allow the yahoo web cam facility.

The error message is actually being transmitted from your side telling the other computer that your blocking it because you haven't yet accepted it as a safe device/service

1. You can change these settings in through Windows Firewall

Control Panel\Security\windows Firewall

2. Select Change Settings and select the Exceptions tab.

3. Look down the list to find Yahoo Messenger or relating programs and check the box to the left of it

4. If you cannot find Yahoo Messenger or relating programs select Add Program and search through the Program File to add it.

5. Once checked select Apply and Ok

6. Reboot and try the webcam, you should now be able to use it without any errors. Let me know if its a go

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/yahoo-messenger-logitech-webcam-problem-was-told-could-be-a-vista-problem-263847.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm in a bit of a dilemma I bought a new acer aspire laptop before christmas about asking webcam) with Awful worth (problem Problem....well and aroundabout the time of christmas a friend thought he could help me out by giving me linux He thought he knew quite a lot but didn't partition the hard drive etc I had to send it to acer and they replaced the hardrive Fortunately it came back in full working order except I had no more acer programs 'acer arcade' 'acer recovery' and so on I'm quite an active youtuber and record a lot of video blogs and I've tried to use the 'Acer Crystal Eye' webcam it obviously no longer worked After searching the internet I found how to open the 'SUYIN NB cam Acer Orbicam' Awful Problem....well worth asking about (problem with webcam) and fair enough-Ican record a video But it has no sound When I activate the web cam device I see myself on screen yay However when I try activating the realtek sound device the picture goes and says this graph can not be previed etc Plz help

A:Awful Problem....well worth asking about (problem with webcam)

sounds like a driver issue. if your computer is still under warranty try calling acer. check out their contact site here

it seems though its a confliction between drivers. :) good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/awful-problem-well-worth-asking-about-problem-with-webcam-224243.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi i have got a very starnge problem with my webcam i was using it the other day wen suddenly a blue screen appeared saying encouner problem not serious one cant rememebr the error code says if any video adapters are connected to it it should be unplugged and restart ur pc the problem will be solved i unplugged my cam and restarted well ateru plug in my cam in USB port i says cam not found not connected but i checked in both the ports other devices work not cam it a night vision webcam so lights Webcam Problem on when connected but it could not read the webcam device i uninstall the cam drive and reinstall it still same now wen i try to uninstall cam drive its not allowing me some error message comes in i checked through device manager my cam device cant be found not sure what to do i am very sure webcam is being connected perfectly do help to fix my webcam i need it to be fixed now cam drive cant uninstalled even nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-problem.755819/
Relevancy 39.99%

Pls i cannot get acess to my webcam on my hp probook 4530s. I dont know if I am missing a driver but there is no exclamation mark in my device manager. Please help me out. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:webcam problem

This should help though it is for WIn 8.http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03430151

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/webcam-problem/td-p/4967640
Relevancy 39.99%

Howdy,

Just bought this webcam and trying to get it going, Installation was fine but comes up blank in any program no matter what and adjusting brightness etc aren't fixing it. The programs that have come with it are ePCCap and emAMCAP and I cant make sense of getting it to work but it's driving me crazy. And yeah for the record it's a
Max-i-Swann Webcam.

A:Webcam Problem

Well, I've found this to be quite helpfull

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50423/webcam-problem/
Relevancy 39.99%

Bought hp computer in Sept with windows xp. Also Logitech quickcam zoom. Plugged into usb and worked fine for about four or five times in Yahoo. Next visit screen was alternating between black and then speckled colours: purple black green but no picture. Not able to get anything else since. Followed mnfrs advice: uninstalled software then reinstalled updated version from their website. Webcam setup wizard showed picture of unplugged item with message "camera is unplugged". Checked usb's which all work with other items. Have retried 'uninstall/install'. At a loss.

Unplug the WebCam and uninstall the software again, Then remove the lelfovers using Safe Mode, which is access by depressing F8 when booting. Once in Safe Mode depress and hold down the Windows key (Microsoft flag) and depress the Break key. Select Hardware, Device Manager, and delete any reference of the WebCam. Then follow the install process very carefully to re-install it. Sometimes you need to install the software before connecting the WebCam.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-problem.109985/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi everybody, when i run my msn with my webcam and audio, the last one is work good i mean that's i can talk with anybody online on msn, and i seemy self on the webcam, but the problem no body can't see me and i can't see them, too. i don't know where is the problem? really i need help
thank you for everyone will give me an advise to fix this problem

A:Problem of the webcam

What is the model number and make of the webcam?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-of-the-webcam.107834/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I m really stumped and I don t know what to do so if anyone can help please do so I ve looked all over the internet and tried tons of things but yeah still no progress Ok my problem is that I bought a webcam today and it came with a CD and it s own drivers I installed the drivers plugged up the webcam to my USB Webcam Problem port and had it recognized by new hardware ect and whenever i try to cam with someone or use a program that needs it it always says no capture device or something along those lines I looked in device manager and it has Imaging devices - gt CIF Single Chip with a yellow question mark Looked it up and people say it s a webcam without any drivers or something However I already have the drivers FROM THE CD installed and pressed reinstall update driver via device Webcam Problem manager and located my cd-rom drive ect and says that no drivers were found or error data invalid ect I thought it MAY be the cam so i returned it and got a new one today this is all after trying many solutions i found via google and none working Got a new webcam and still does the same thing I m running Windows XP and the cams were are compatible with XP I tried the HP Webcam k pixels and returned it and now I have the Basic Webcam IC C from Micro Innovations Thought i d add my device id USB VID A amp PID amp E D amp amp If anyone can help thank you so much EDIT I also tried the XP-SocPcCamerazenithusbdriver rar driver suggested in another thread and it comes up after i try to install the driver gt An error occurred during the installation of the device The data is invalid nbsp

A:Webcam Problem

Not sure if this page helps you, but try one of these drivers:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/post636300-9.html
The ez388xp.exe seems to have helped others

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-problem.108290/
Relevancy 39.99%

my webcam is not working, it says no webcam found, although it has a built in webcam. my laptop is sony vaio vpceh18fg. please help me with this?

Unless the webcam itself is physically broken, re-installing it's driver may fix the problem. You can download the driver from Sony Vaio support:

UK: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/hub/COMP_VAIO

USA: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-problem.1062109/
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok, I can't be alone on this....surely?

Having not used my webcam for a long time I had a go tonight. The clik that starts a webcam conversation seems to have gone. When I clik the webcam icon and choose >start video call, I just get 'Messenger is not available right now. Please try again later. (0x8ac70013)'

Can't get past this

A:Webcam problem.

Thanks for the help guys , sorted it myself

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240703/webcam-problem/
Relevancy 39.99%

I bought a Creative Live! Pro Webcam. Whe I try to open the program, it initialize the camera then it displays, 'camera not available-may be used by another source.' I have to reinstall the software through the internet. It works right after the download. When I close it and try to reopen it, I get the same message. What can I do to solve this issue???

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50016/webcam-problem/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an HP laptop (HP Pavillion tx1000, running Windows Vista Home Premium) with a built on webcam. This webcam used to work. Now it doesn't. I don't use it very often so I have no idea when it stopped working. Apparently this is a common problem but I haven't found a solution yet. I tried to fix it myself, looking for solutions in various forums.

I tried updating my drivers, installing different ones... but I still got the error message in device manager "This device cannot start. (code 10)" So I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver I started with (I was getting desperate), but when I uninstalled the driver the webcam didn't show up in device manager at all. So I have no idea what to do. As far as my computer is concerned I don't even have a webcam anymore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/webcam-problem-398202.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hey, im using a GMC minicam pro model number 98067 made by jascoproducts.com

i have installed the drivers/software from jasco for this specific camera. when i plug my cam in, the little icon on the bottom right of my screen comes on, says new hardware found yada yada yada. and in the end it cant install itself.

so i go to use the program, and it says "sorry, no video capture hardware". what should i do? i reinstalled everything several times. update.microsoft.com assured me all security fixes and drivers were uptodate. my video card is a 5200 nvidea. and i have no other problems with any hardware/software on my computer except for this.

please please help

EDIT: oh, and i get a code 28 error on my usb camera in device manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-problem.762864/
Relevancy 39.99%

Trying to install (Xtatix Peeper XCA-PP2) webcam, but not having much success. I went to the website and installed the required Drivers and that finished successfully. I put the disk in the drive (not even sure if it installed, but it does show the camera in my programs. I plugged the camera in ran a test and nothing happens. The lights came on the camera, but that's about it. Not I am using Windows Vista and the camera is roughly 5 years old ,not sure if that may have something to do with it. I went to their website, but that was no help. Would appreciate any suggestions. I was thinking maybe just purchase a new camera being that some of them are reasonable. Just wanted to try all avenues before giving up. Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556798/webcam-problem/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello everybody,
I've installed the Windows 8. My Webcam was working but reversed, so I've installed drivers and after my webcam stopped working. It says Connect a camera.
My notebook is Asus K50IN and my webcam is Chicony.
Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/18897-problem-my-webcam.html