Windows Support Forum

HP Pavillion dv9574ea notebook - headphone jack doesn't work

Q: HP Pavillion dv9574ea notebook - headphone jack doesn't work

Hi

Several weeks ago I bought the new HP Pavillion dv9574ea notebook and the HEADPHONE SOCKETS do not work - there are two. Only the speakers work. Even when I put a working set of headphones which are the right size, I cannot hear anything through the hearphones. The normal loud speakers however keep working, although they should switch off when the headphones are plugged in.

Please see the screenshot of the drivers active (in system 32 folder) and other details about the headphone socket.

Thank you for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-dv9574ea-notebook-headphone-jack-doesnt-work.628399/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavillion dv9574ea notebook - headphone jack doesn't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 104.49%

My computer was recently attacked by a virus. I had microsoft fix the problem but now my headphone jack doesnt work. The speakers work fine but when i plug in the headphones only the speaker plays sound. I went to "control panel> Hardware and Sound> Sound> Playback" and looked for the speaker/headphone icon but the only one that was there was speaker/HP I don't wanna mess with it till I know for sure. Is this the same thing or did it somehow get deleted in the mix. If it did how can I get it back on there? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/headphone-jack-doesn-t-work/td-p/5645969
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi all, I have several HP models  HP EliteDesk 8000 SFF,  800G1 SFF. In front of PC's case have  audio combo port ( Headphone / Mic ) . I plugged some headset device with combo jack 3.5  but Windows just recognize only 1 feature ( Mic in or Headphone) at the time.So, could i use both features ( mic and headphone) at the same time  ? Thank you very much,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Combo-jack-Headphone-mic-doesn-t-work/td-p/5613167
Relevancy 103.63%

I have an HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook. All of sudden the speakers aren't working but I can get sound from headphones. I hear chirps from the speakers when I touch the Quickplay buttons but that's the only sound I can receive. Nothing is muted. Can anybody help me figure out what's going on? Thanks!!!

A:Solved: No Sound from HP Pavilion dv2000 Notebook but Headphone Jack Work

Could be a sticky headphone jack, try plugging in and removing the headphones a couple of times rapidly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sound-from-hp-pavilion-dv2000-notebook-but-headphone-jack-work.690705/
Relevancy 89.44%

I had to have the hard drive replaced in my computer due to a defect in the drive. Ever since the hard drive was replaced, the head phone plug-in that is on the face of the tower does not work, but the speaker plug-in that is located in the back of the tower, works just fine.

I cannot figure out what is wrong. The audio driver installed for my system was obtained from the Dell website along with the majority of my other drivers.
Any help would be great.

System Information:
Dell Dimenstion E310 (Desktop)
Windows XP Professional SP3
Audio: Intel Integrated Audio

A:headphone jack not working... but speaker-jack work

Do you know if the front panel audio jack is plugged into the motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-not-working-but-speaker-jack-work.791525/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi everyone I have a brand new Toshiba Portege R -P laptop running Windows Home Premium -bit I got it just over a week ago The last couple days Portege Problems Toshiba Notebook Jack Headphone R705-P35 I have been noticing that my headphones are getting intermittant connections I have a pair of Grado SR I s as Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Notebook Headphone Jack Problems well as a set of SR I s I plugged the SR I Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Notebook Headphone Jack Problems s into the Portege with a quot to quot takedown adapter and I think that is what caused the problem My concern is if a couple of hours of having those cans connected to my computer is enough to pull on the circuit board enough to cause a problem how strong is the headphone jack built overall I am blind and I use my computer with screen-reading software with headphones almost exclusively I plug and unplug my headphones several times a day and I take care not to pull on the headphone chord whenever possible If I am already having problems I am concerned about the durability of the jack over a long period of time I have thought about doing one of three things all of which include never plugging a straight quot to quot takedown adapter in Exchange the laptop at BestBuy explain the situation and hoping for the best Exchanging the laptop then paying to have a stronger headphone jack installed --probably by a third party--if one is made I noticed the AC power jack is metal but the headphone microphone jacks are plastic Returning the laptop and buying a Dell XPS which is the other laptop I was considering because of the MaxxAudio technology I would appreciate any advice Thanks Michael nbsp

A:Toshiba Portege R705-P35 Notebook Headphone Jack Problems

You might not be able to have a better jack installed onto the motherboard, because they are engineered to such tight tolerances, and the existing jack is usually a fairly thin part made of plastic.

One option would be to have a shop solder jumpers to the board, and bring a better jack to the outside of the laptop. The jumpers would have to be secured to the shell in such a way as to prevent pulling on the mainboard.

There is another option. You could purchase a set of speakers which have a headset convenience jack, leave those speakers plugged in to the laptop, and plug the headphones into the speaker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-portege-r705-p35-notebook-headphone-jack-problems.971476/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have P50 that I use with the 40A50230US docking station. I love the thing but I can't get my headphones to work in  the "1x Stereo/Mic Combo Audio Port" on the docking station. The headphones work fine in the headphone jack of the laptop. My expectation is that pluging headphones into the docking station and docking the laptop in the dock, the sound would automatically come through the dock and disconnect the speakers on the laptop.  Instead, the sounds continues to play through the laptop speakers and the headphones are silent. Any help will be greatly appreciated. John

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Headphone-jack-on-40A50230US-docking-station-doesn-t-work-with/td-p/3446082
Relevancy 82.99%

I see that a lot of people have had this problem, and I have been trying to fix it but I am out of ideas. I have a Compaq Presario V3000 and ever since I installed Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, the headphone jack doesn't work. No entry for Headphones shows up in my Playback devices. I am pretty sure it is that my current driver is not compatible with Win7, but is there any other driver that I would be able to use in order to get this to work? The laptop speakers work, however they do not mute. Please let me know if you can help or if you need more info about my hardware. Thanks.

A:Can't Get Headphone Jack to Work

Quote: Originally Posted by mfarzin

I see that a lot of people have had this problem, and I have been trying to fix it but I am out of ideas. I have a Compaq Presario V3000 and ever since I installed Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, the headphone jack doesn't work. No entry for Headphones shows up in my Playback devices. I am pretty sure it is that my current driver is not compatible with Win7, but is there any other driver that I would be able to use in order to get this to work? The laptop speakers work, however they do not mute. Please let me know if you can help or if you need more info about my hardware. Thanks.

Check HPs website and make sure you have the latest sound drivers and chipset drivers...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/71765-cant-get-headphone-jack-work.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I bought a new external IOMagic dvd burner. It is an external unit with 2.0 connection. The unit works fine and the PC speaker system plays great. Only thing is I like to watch movies at my computer and listen with headphones. The dvd burner has a headphone jack right on the front of the unit, but it doesn't work. Have tried two different headphones that I know work. Please help.
Thanks,
gary

A:Headphone jack won't work on dvd burner

What versions of windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-jack-wont-work-on-dvd-burner.43115/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have had my computer, an Acer, for 6 months now. Today the speakers won't work. When I go to device managers it reads that the system is working properly; it also reads that the speakers are working properly.
I have tried updating Realtek, but there are no recent updates. I also tried disabling and enabling realtek, but that did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Please Help. Speakers and headphone jack won't work.

Try reinstalling the audio drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-speakers-and-headphone-jack-wont-work.890268/
Relevancy 82.13%

Specs HP TouchSmart IQ Windows Vista Home Premium -bit ------------------------------------------------ About a year ago my TouchSmart Correctly Jack Work Headphone Not Does hard drive crashed Headphone Jack Does Not Work Correctly so I took it to FutureShop and had it replaced I was able to put all of my data back on because it was backed up but i noticed that my audio did not work correctly All they had done was put Vista back on to Headphone Jack Does Not Work Correctly it so I didn't have the TouchSmart software or Realtek HD Audio Manager like I used to Anyways the main problem is that once I unplug my headphones I cant use them again until I restart the program I'm using For example say I have my headphones plugged in and I start Firefox The sound will play through the headphones just fine and if I unplug them the sound will play through the speakers just fine but when I plug them back in the sound will continue to play through the speakers The only way to get the headphones to work again is to close Firefox and reopen it with the headphones already plugged in What may be causing this and how can I fix it

A:Headphone Jack Does Not Work Correctly

Hello and welcome to the forum.

When you bought the computer was the software already installed on the computer or did you install the software.

If you bought it with the software preloaded did you buy a set of recovery disk's also, if not you will need to get the recovery disk's or you can make a set if you have another computer to go to like maybe a friend. Here is a great tutorial...

Create a Recovery Disc

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/288934-headphone-jack-does-not-work-correctly.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a headset set with a mic. It has 3.5mm plugs for the mic and the speakers. Just recently they stopped working together. What I mean is if I have either one of them plugged in, that one works. If I have both plugged in, the sound manager appears as if neither of them are plugged in. I've tried other headphones with the jacks and get the same result. I've tried reinstalling the driver, doing a system restore and using CCleaner to clean my registry. I've also messed around with just about every setting in the audio manager. Anyone have any ideas? It's odd that they work independently, which leads me to believe that the insertion detection is working just fine.

I have a Toshiba Satellite R845-S95 with Windows 7.

A:Headphone and Microphone Jack won't Work Together

Turn off the insertion detection on realtek. Top-right corner somewhere, from memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-and-microphone-jack-wont-work-together.199662/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, I own a new X1 Carbon (with the terrible adaptive function keys), and my combo audio/mic jack does not seem to work properly. Specifically, when I try to plug in headphones (or use an application like Skype) while the sound is running from the speakers, it does not switch. Conversely, if I start a video wearing headphones, and unplug them, the sound does not come out of the speakers. Can someone please advise how to troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance.

A:X1 Carbon combo headphone/mic jack does not work

Hi Dave0888,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per your query we understood that you are facing the issue with Audio port on ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

Please set the default setting on Realtek High Definition audio application from control panel.
If you are unable to find the application or set the application, please download the driver from Lenovo Support page and install it.

Also please download ThinkVantage System Update utility and install it, and after installing it please run the application so that it will check for the latest drivers and automatically install it.

After installing all the application please restart the system and check it once.

Below is the link to enter the downloads page and download latest application accordingly, please click on "Select Product" then in "QUICK PATH" enter the MTM no. select the exact model.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page#

Hope this helps. 

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-combo-headphone-mic-jack-does-not-work/td-p/1590826
Relevancy 81.27%

I have to hold it to one side for it to work right, is there a way to fix it?

A:headphone jack is not working right, I have to hold it to work

Sounds like the jack is busted. That happens if you use them a lot. Any moment on the plug puts a lot of stress on the guts of the jack and on the little solder pads that hold it on the board. You might be able to reflow the solder joints if you feel like taking the notebook that far apart. Personally I would just buy an inexpensive USB sound dongle, under $4 from China, and be really careful of any jacks connected to the notebook moving forward.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/372556-headphone-jack-not-working-right-i-have-hold-work.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Monitor w/ built in speakers is an HP f2105.

Windows 7 32bit

I turned my computer off for a week. The first time it's ever been off in 5 years. It has an onboard Realtek soundcard. It worked perfectly before leaving for vacation. I come back and there is no sound. Headphones work and the speakers work when plugged into the front panel headphone jack.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and making Onboard Sound Card "Enabled" in BIOS. Is it likely that the onboard sound just stopped working while being shut off or is there another underlying issue?

A:Speakers only work plugged into headphone jack

Will the headphones work when plugged into the back panel (green jack)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-only-work-plugged-into-headphone-jack.154320/
Relevancy 81.27%

I recently run into this problem. The first time I tried to use it, it seems that the green jack for my headphones doesn't work at all. Plug in any pair and they don't even recognize it being there, as seen in Control Panel.

What might be the problem? The case has a bad jack, or the connector on the motherboard?

A:Front input headphone jack does not work

Do you have any other headphone to try at the front jack?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/102535-front-input-headphone-jack-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a studio xps running vista -bit service pack the other day i was on skype and skype mutes all other audio on the computer when on i ended up uninstalling skype and my built in webcam because i read that together they sometimes screw up audio so the next day i tried to listen to music no luck I ran a diagnostics and when it got to the colored bars and asked if i heard a beep I HEARD THE BEEP so that means the problem is a system problem and not a screwed up sound dont but Speakers work headphone does jack Internal card i think anyway i updated all of the drivers the device manager has no marks i talked to dell and the found a virus that MAY have been eating away at my registry i got rid of that and still no audio i didnt really wanna touch the regedit because im nervous cuz u can really f up a computer if your not sure what your doing i also did a system Internal Speakers dont work but headphone jack does reboot to about a week before it happened with no luck by the way under the device manager it says gt Sound Internal Speakers dont work but headphone jack does video and game cotrollers and then my options are gt ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA and gt IDT High Definition Audio CODEC So any ideas guys i dont wanna re-download the os and start over so what now

A:Internal Speakers dont work but headphone jack does

i just ran a command prompt system scan as an administrator and got the following message:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Brendon>SFC /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
C:\Users\Brendon>

i dont know that anyone knows what that means though...

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/284412-internal-speakers-dont-work-but-headphone-jack-does.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I got a headphone plug stuck into my jack and i got it out but my internal speakers still will not work. and i dont know what to do

A:toshiba Broken headphone jack speakers wont work

Originally Posted by ThatboiiVic

I got a headphone plug stuck into my jack and i got it out but my internal speakers still will not work. and i dont know what to do

It's quite possible sufficient damage was done, either by the plug getting stuck or the work in removing it, that the contacts inside the jack have been forced into cutting the speakers circuits off as happens when plugging into it. From the number of Notebooks I've had to junk and take apart first I'd say the only real solution is a new motherboard or a new Notebook. If it were a Desktop one can disable the onboard audio system and get an Add-in Sound card. Or maybe try the USB type speakers.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38256-toshiba-broken-headphone-jack-speakers-wont-work.html
Relevancy 79.55%

A:toshiba Broken headphone jack speakers wont work

Originally Posted by ThatboiiVic

It's quite possible sufficient damage was done, either by the plug getting stuck or the work in removing it, that the contacts inside the jack have been forced into cutting the speakers circuits off as happens when plugging into it. From the number of Notebooks I've had to junk and take apart first I'd say the only real solution is a new motherboard or a new Notebook. If it were a Desktop one can disable the onboard audio system and get an Add-in Sound card. Or maybe try the USB type speakers.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38256-toshiba-broken-headphone-jack-speakers-wont-work.html
Relevancy 77.83%

How Headphone Dell + + Audio Jack notebook Loud audio can I uninstall Dell Audio and only have the legacy Realtek Driver and Software in my XPS L x I installed some time age the default audio driver that Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio I got from quot Dell Drivers quot this installed the quot Dell Audio quot quot MAXX AUDIO quot I already uninstalled this thing run CCleaner deleted the folders and downloaded and installed the legacy Realtek R Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio driver but this thing Dell Audio is always installing with the driver nbsp My system audio is ridiculously nbsp loud I need to put my system audio in somewhat to get quot normal audio quot the only way I get realistic quot normal audio range quot is using my SteelSeries Wireless Headset with USB this way the system audio goes to automatically and I control the audio with the scroll located in the headset even in max audio I get a quot normal quot it s loud but not EXTREME like the Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio notebook audio Another problem when I plugin my Apple Earpods they simple doesn t work I already tested them with tons of devices at home and they are working great The system doesn t even recognize them I think that everything would be resolved if I could install the Leagacy Realtek drivers amp software not this loaded with bloatware from Dell I don t care about quot MAXX Audio quot quot MaxxSense quot and all this BS If you look with attention all the settings located in this quot Dell Audio quot menu are the same in the Realtek Software but with some quot swag quot that for me is nothing Another bad thing with this dell driver I get three softwares in quot Auto start quot they are C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe MAXX C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe IM C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe -s With the legacy one I would get only one or two I have a SAGER NP high-end notebook for gaming and in this one I have the legacy Realtek driver and the audio is superb no bloatware nothing In resume the problems Very loud audio from notebook Audio-jack not working Dell Blotware The solution Give me the legacy Realtek driver

A:Dell Audio + Headphone Jack + Loud notebook audio

I forgot to mention in the main post, and I can't edit it, so here it goes:
First, Sometimes I need to run LiveUSB Linux distros in this notebook, and the audio in them is all great, realistic audio range, 100% loud but not extreme, everything OK.
Second, I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro up-to-date.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19580041
Relevancy 76.97%

recently bought a Dell latitude E6420 i5-2520M 8GB and I am experiencing a very annoying issue with the speakers.
The sound coming from the speakers worked until I plugged in the headphones jack into the computer for the first time - when I unplugged the headphones internal speakers stop to work completely.
What I have tried so far with no success:

Uninstall and reinstall windows audio/sound drivers
Tried Realtek drivers
Disabled headphones
Recovery and reinstall Windows 10

What is strange is that every time I uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers the speakers start to work again until i plug the jack of the headphones and again speakers stop to work. Any Idea?
Please let me know what you need to know about my computer to better understand the problem and I will amend the question accordingly.
Thanks!

A:Dell latitude E6420 - plug headphone jack in stop internal speakers to work

I resolved installing windows native audio drivers
en.community.dell.com/.../20650645
Apparently, this is a known issue with the Realtek drivers on the Dell Latitude.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19982074
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I just purchased a new notebook and I have a bit of a problem When I plug headphones into the side headphone jack the sound quality is downright terrible Very shortly I noticed that it didn't sound as good decent as my older notebook The speakers seem to sound fine well you know - as good as laptops can sound Right now I have two notebooks side by side a friends Samsung Series NP E C with Windows upgraded from W Microsoft - headphone jack quality icon sound Unacceptable headphone no High Definition audio my Toshiba L Windows Realteck High Definition I dont have my older notebook anymore but I do remember it sounding better Comparing this Toshiba to the Samsung both sitting on the desk side-by-side the Toshiba sounds a Unacceptable headphone jack sound quality - no headphone icon little better through the speakers but there is no comparison with the headphone - The Samsung is pretty decent while the Toshiba makes me cry Now granted I'm not expecting a symphony but if I cant solve this I'm going to have to sell the Toshiba I've tried uninstalling Realtek but I couldn't get the sound to work Re-installing Realtek solved nothing One thing I noticed there is no 'headphone' icon in the device manager Control Panel gt Hardware amp Sound gt Sound or simply right click the audio icon in the taskbar Are the headphones not high definition or something screen capture http img imageshack us img chm png The above link show the speakers playing when I actually have my headphones plugged in Not sure if this is unusual or not but I always remember there being a headphone icon Both show disconnected devices and show disabled devices are checkmarked right click please don't recommend me an external DAC external speakers or anything like that

A:Unacceptable headphone jack sound quality - no headphone icon

Well, I just went to Realtek's official website and installed their audio driver - still no luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505569/unacceptable-headphone-jack-sound-quality-no-headphone-icon/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello Eight Forums My trouble is the audio output through headphones jack want headphone Messed audio; up to headphone check - background is louder than foreground especially in music - I often cannot hear the vocals at all movies however are mostly fine for reasons unknown to me but generally the sound is always different in some way I only have one pair of headphones to test it with However these always worked fine with previous machines and still do work fine with my iPhone Although they are surely not the case I cannot with confidence say that if it were a loudspeaker instead things wouldn't have been different So this is either a software or a hardware Messed up headphone audio; want to check headphone jack issue Software My computer details at the bottom came with a SoundBlaster X-Fi MB equalizer program and RealTek High Def Audio drivers I've uninstalled SoundBlaster hoping it would fix the issue I didn't need an extra program like that anyway but alas to no avail Updating the RealTek drivers did no good still The only thing I haven't touched is the ghostly NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device can it be the source of my trouble - I only first noticed it now when copy pasting the Belarc data I'll try and find out about it in the meanwhile Hardware I wonder if it perhaps has something to do with my audio jack laptop's brand new but you can never know I have what appears to be mic headphone S PDIF and line in jacks Is there a way to use the microphone or the line-in to test the headphones To see if the headphone out is broken Any help appreciated I will gladly provide any additional information should you decide to help me and need any My computer is a version of XMG P mysn co uk xmg-p Some Belarc output Operating System Windows Professional x build Multimedia Bluetooth Audio Device NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Other Devices Microphone Realtek High Definition Audio Realtek Digital Output Realtek High Definition Audio Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Microsoft AC Adapter Virtual Bluetooth Support Include Audio Bluetooth AVRCP Device

A:Messed up headphone audio; want to check headphone jack

First, the "My System Specs" is where you fill in what you have.

Does the internal speakers on the laptop work? Is the audio OK on the internal speakers?

The SoundBlaster program(s) is a software enhancement to the basic audio chip (ReaklTek). Many PC's now come with some type of enhancement such as the SoundBlaster or in the case of HP PC's its "Beats Audio".

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/45205-messed-up-headphone-audio-want-check-headphone-jack.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I went to the support at dell to confirm that my headphone mic was working properly and it is. I sign onto Elder Scrolls and my mic doesn't work. I go to the Social and Area Chat doesn't show up. Is there something I'm missing? Does anyone have any suggestions or anywhere I can go to get this resolved?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/elder-scrolls-online-headphone-mic-doesnt-work.1169764/
Relevancy 73.1%

Really need help, im a DJ and use this laptop for it!! My headphones only have sound coming from 1 side, ive tried reinstalling drivers etc and everything else ive read online.  I need this resolved ASAP so any help is appreciated. Thanks

A:Headphone jack only plays out 1 headphone (Right side)

Hi @chadhogan121 Welcome to the HP Support Community! I saw your post regarding the problems with sound only coming out on one side of the headphones. I will be happy to help you with that. Have you tried a different set of headphones to see if the same thing happens? This HP document No Sound from Speaker will show you how to use the built-in Windows troubleshooter. Give that a try.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-jack-only-plays-out-1-headphone-Right-side/td-p/4855421
Relevancy 72.24%

Alright, so here's the problem. I just recently got this computer and plugged it into the VGA port and the sound wouldn't work. I plugged Logitech External Speakers into it and the computer didn't even acknowledge that it was there. I plugged in Headphones to see if those worked and they didn't aswell. I asked the guy who I got the computer from and he said that it (sound) would work when plugged in using HDMI. So I did that and the sound does work, but only through the TV speakers. It still doesn't acknowledge the speakers or the headphone s when plugged in. So I wen t and grabbed some other speakers I had and tried those and It still didn't recognize the speaker. My question is: How Do I Get My Computer To Recognize My Speakers? Any help would be much appreiciated. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/External-Speaker-Jack-and-Headphone-Jack-Not-Responding/td-p/5738526
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi!
I have a problem with my mic jack. I have a Dell XPS 702 with a Realtek sound card. When I plug a mic into the mic jack, the system recognises the mic with the message „You just plugged a device into the audio jack“. A dialog box from Dell Audio apears also in which he ask me which device did i plug in (Line in, Mic in or Rear Speaker out).
But unfortunately I cant hear/record anything, whatever I select. When I go to Control panel/Sounds/Recording i have two devices, Microphone and Stereo mix, both cheked green. The internal mic works fine but the Stereo mix (or Line in if I choose it from the Dell Audio dialog box) doesn't, even if i choose it as default device.
Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks in advance!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19982450
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi!
I have a problem with my mic jack. I have a Dell XPS 702 with a Realtek sound card. When I plug a mic into the mic jack the system recognises the mic with the message „You just plugged a device into the audio jack“. A dialog box from Dell Audio apears also in which he ask me which device did i plug in (Line in, Mic in or Rear Speaker out).
But unfortunately I cant hear/record anything, whatever I select. When I go to Control panel/Sounds/Recording i have two devices, Microphone and Stereo mix, both cheked green. The internal mic works fine but the Stereo mix (or Line in if I choose it from the Dell Audio dialog box) doesn't. Can anyonehelp me with this issue? Thanks in advance!

A:Mic jack doesn't work XPS 702

TomoTomWhen I go to Control panel/Sounds/Recording i have two devices, Microphone and Stereo mix, both cheked green.
Hello. Unplug the mic from the jack and go into Recording again. Right click on Stereo Mix and click disable. Then plug in mic again and see if it works.
I don't know if it matters on laptops like yours that have Realtek hardware, but I used to have a laptop with Sigmatel audio and the mic and Stereo Mix could not both work at the same time.
TomoTomI cant hear
Even if the mic works you won't hear it until you change its properties on the "Listen" to allow monitoring.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19982481
Relevancy 72.24%

I have 2 problems.First I can not use my headphones, when I plugged them in to the headphones continue to play sound from built-in speakrs, and show that headphones are not connected (the headphones work with my phone, and old laptop).I had Install the latest audio driver, and the problem is the same as before.The second problem is that in device manager I have a uknown device "000eSMS/MMS" what driver I need to install for this device.I upload print screen from my device managerRegardsGulev

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-jack-does-not-work-uknown-device-in-device-manager/td-p/5845472
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi ! Sorry for my bad english.I bought a Lenovo G50-70 there one week.Featuring a combo-jack (audio & microphone), I plugged my iPhone headphones, but it doesn't work.I hear great sound, but the microphone isn't recognized, how is it?Is there a solution to this problem? Thank's for reading.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 71.38%

What is the standard for the 4 way audio jack on Lenovo G50-80?I have just cut and remade my 2 separate cables for audio and mic, and soldered them in a comba jack terminal.I used the OMTP standard ( 1(sleeve)=ground, 2=mic, 3=right and 4(tip)=left), but if I am listening to music while using the mic, the music sound will also be recorded in the microfone, and louder than my voice.Maybe its a AHJ standard ( 1(sleeve)=mic 2=ground, 3=right and 4(tip)=left)? Thanks for the help,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Combo-Jack-doesn-t-work-on-my-G50-80/td-p/3467615
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I am using a Tiny Media Notebook PIII, 700, Windows 98 SE. The computer is about four years old, and by now the headphone jack, which I use as my sound out port, is about fryed. The contacts have deteriated, and I can not replace the jack, as it is connected to the motherboard. Thus, aside from opting for a usb sound out, such as taking up the Soundblaster MP3+ option, I was wondering if I could reprogram the way in which sound is connected to external devices such as headphones. There are three jacks on the front of my computer: the headphone jack, the microphone jack and er I think it is a line out jack - the later jack which I have never used. Is there anyway I can swop/substitute the connection via the headphone jack say for the microphone jack or line out jack. Is there anyway I could do this?

A:Substituting the headphone jack with the microphone jack

No, afraid not. Each jack has it's own circuitry which provides for the needed resistance and other parameters. What you could do, if you got to the mobo itself, is to physically replace the jack but that's a major pain on a laptop.

You can try two things, one is to use alcohol and a Q-Tip to thoroughly clean the jack, then use a small bit of steel wool to sand inside with and then again with the alcohol and two, if the jack's worn too big for a tight connection, is to go to Radio Shack and buy a plug in adapter for that size jack. Some come with a slightly oversized male end and then you could plug into the female end and have a tight connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/substituting-the-headphone-jack-with-the-microphone-jack.279341/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'd like to plug my speakers into the back speaker jack and headphones to the front jack. I can't do this and have both work at the same time. I have a cheapo Insight speaker with a volume puck that lets me plug a headphone jack but then the speakers turn off.

Seems to me with front panel and rear panel jacks I should be able to do this but so far, I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

A:How to configure headphone jack and speak jack together

Depends on the sound card you got. Realtek HD Audio Manager has a Device Advanced Settings option at top right, You can un-tick "Mute rear output ..." and see if it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/372846-how-configure-headphone-jack-speak-jack-together.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi everyone..
I'm having a problem with my sound setup. I'm using Windows 8.
I have a 2.1 channel speaker, headphone and microphone.
On rear, I've connected my 2.1 channel speakers and on the front jack, I connect my headphones and microphone.
The headphone works fine but Windows won't detect the microphone.
But when I connect the microphone in rear jack, it works fine.
The problem is that I have a combined Microphone and Headphone system. Either I plug them both on rear or on front. I want to plug them at the front jack because at the rear jack, the headphones won't sound well in line it jack(the blue one). It used to work fine in Windows 7 but the front panel won't work in windows 8. please help me as this is screwing me off.
I use BIOSTAR G31M Motherboard with VIA HD Audio.
G31M :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

A:Front Panel Mic jack doesn't work

Check the connector from the Front Panel to he motherboard (with the PC powered off, reseat (unplug then plug back in) the connector. There could also be a problem with the front panel headphone jack.

Since this is apparently a custom built system, check the connection from the front panel. Many cases have both a HD Audio and an AC97 audio connector. If you have an HD Audio connector, that is the preferred connector.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/12882-front-panel-mic-jack-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My line input jack does not work.  When I go to <control panel><sound><recording tab>.  I can see the mic works by watching the level meter.  However, when I plug in a three level audio jack with an audio source the meter does not show any sound.<Properties><Jack Information> says "No Jack Information Available" which seems suspect. However, if I click on <properties> again it says the device is working properly. Any thoughts!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/line-input-jack-doesn-t-work/td-p/5849127
Relevancy 70.95%

HI! My notebook has a 2-in-1 combo jack (headphones and mic in) and i recently bought a new external microphone with a 3.5mm jack, however when I try to use it with my notebook it acts like an audio-out device instead, and doesn't show up anwhere under my audio device management settings. How can I use this external mic without buying a splitter?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/microhpone-doesn-t-work-with-combo-jack-3-5mm/td-p/5653269
Relevancy 70.95%

The earphone jack on the front of the TDK 311040 CD drive/burner will not play. My speakers work just fine, so I do not understand TDK tech help telling me to hook up the sound card cable to the drive. They also said it will only work for audio CDs which is what I was trying to play.
Anybody got a suggestion?

A:Earphone jack on CD drive doesn't work

It has little to do with the audio cable or the ide cable. Try it with different headphones, adjust the volume control, and use the play button on the front of the cd-drive not a software player like winamp. Some software players will play the cd with digital playback and therefore you won't get any sound out of the front jack.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/earphone-jack-on-cd-drive-doesnt-work.119191/
Relevancy 70.09%

no picture shows on my screen! I don't know what to do or what I have done.
I plugged my headphones in one of the kacs at the front of my computer, which I think was the wrong one, as I heard a pulse type noise and then my computer restarted. after this the on/off button won't work and the screen is blank but the disc drive comes out and everything inside and out is connected.
Does anyone know what I could have done and how to fix this?
Any info would be much appreciated...I'm really lost without my own computer

A:Put headphones in the wrong jack and now the on/off button doesn't work and...

Try following

1. Unplug computer's power cord from the wall (or if this is laptop the battery charger from the power).
2. (Remove laptop battery, if this is laptop).
3. Wait at least 5 minutes.
4. Replug everything back and power (and pray if you believe in god).

If this wouldn't help you damaged your motherboard (or power supply for desktop computer). If this is desktop try other power supply.

Ozmaia

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/put-headphones-in-the-wrong-jack-and-now-the-on-off-button-doesnt-work-and.102357/
Relevancy 70.09%

Well, I used my microphone on my laptop once to call a friend on Skype. Everything worked fine, even with my headphones plugged into the audio jack. But the day after, I try and do the same but my microphone isn't even working. After lots of frustration and trial and error, I find that it's the headphones being plugged into the audio jack that's causing this. Does anyone know how to fix this? Something simple, right? I use my headphones when I'm calling anyone. I don't want anyone to hear and I hate headsets with a burning passion. They make my head hurt, so is there any way to fix this? Thanks (:

A:Microphone Doesn't Work When Headphones are in Audio Jack

Try refreshing the audio. Go to the device manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the RealTek HD audio, then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the audio. This fixes any Windows/Audio corruption and many other problems. If you are lucky it will take care of your problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/61614-microphone-doesnt-work-when-headphones-audio-jack.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I recently upgraded nbsp my Envy product number -k model number F D AA to Windows from Windows and I can't get the subwoofer to work If I plug the subwoofer and turn on the computer I will get no sound at all If I unplug after jack Subwoofer Upgrade work doesn't 10 Windows it and restart I will get sound out of the front speakers but If I plug the subwoofer again while the computer is on I will get a big distortion in sound and leaves the audio controls useless this forces me to restart and again as the sounds are extremely loud and are disturbing When restarting if I leave the subwoofer plugged I will get no sound at all even If I unplug the subwoofer after restarting The only way to get sound again is restarting without the subwoofer plugged in to the subwoofer jack I have tried to update the sound card diver IDT High definition codec reinstall it etc Subwoofer jack doesn't work after Windows 10 Upgrade I have moved all the audio settings and still not able to make it work Beats Audio control panel doesn t seem to be doing anything any changes in this panel doesn't seem to change the sound settings not even the master volume bar I have plugged in the HP Pulse Subwoofer Product number LZ AA ABL using the same cable to another Envy without the windows upgrade and works fine I tried to compare between the two computers the one with windows and the one with Windows and the difference that I can see is the Jack information in the Speaker Headphones properties In the old system I see Jacks as follows L R Front Panel Internal Connector L R Rear Panel mm Jack L R Rear Panel mm Jack C Rear Panel mm Jack And in the nbsp Windows I only see one Jack labeled as nbsp L R Right Panel Analog Jack nbsp I have spent several hours trying to make it work with no success I like Windows but will Roll Back If I can t solve this and other issues I have with an HP Scanner I have used the Find and Fix Audio Playback Problems in Windows with no success I also have used the find solutions in the HP support page but I get No Solutions are available for your product message Any help in solving this problem is greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Subwoofer jack doesn't work after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Hector75, Sounds like a driver......or Beats Audio issue.Have you tried using HP Support Assistant to scan for updated software and drivers?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Subwoofer-jack-doesn-t-work-after-Windows-10-Upgrade/td-p/5303871
Relevancy 67.08%

I received a Ligitech cordless optical mouse for a notebook computer. I have tried 3 installations and still can't get the dumb thing to work. It keeps saying a don't have the driver lhidusb.sys but I have the installation disk which says the installation has been successful.

I'm beginning to think its more trouble than its worth. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Relevancy 67.08%

a friend has asked me to have a look at a laptop that hes had lying around for a while, the only problem with this machine (its a 'digital' HiNote VP) is that the far right side of the keyboard doesn't work correctly e.g when enter is pressed it do anything (most of the time minimise windows) sometimes however it does actually function properly.

I'm assume that because of the keyboard doing this its probably had something spilt on it at one stage, but I've opened the keyboard up and its all clean. Just wondering what people think could cause this and if its possible to try and fix the keyboard or should I just try to locate a replacement keyboard?

I've already ruled out a software problem because the keyboard also plays up in the BIOS in DOS etc (its running Windows 98)

A:Far-Right side of notebook keyboard doesn't work

Well, there are a lot of possibilities here. I would do the following:

Boot to a command prompt. If the keys don’t work there, you have eliminated a problem with the operating system. If they work there, it is most likely an operating system problem.

If the laptop has been disassembled, check the keyboard to motherboard ribbon cable (if one exist) and make sure it is not damaged.

Just because you don’t see anything that looks like a spill, does not necessarily mean something wasn’t spilt in it.

You could take a shot at replacing the keyboard to see if that is the problem. If that is not the problem, then it is most likely a controller problem on the motherboard – this does not happen very often.

Does the laptop have an external keyboard/mouse (PS/2) connector? If it does, you could try an external keyboard to see if it will work. If that does not work either, then you most likely have a problem with the motherboard.

All in all, with the keyboard working part of the time, I would say that it needs to be replaced.

I hope that helps a little.

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/far-right-side-of-notebook-keyboard-doesnt-work.326873/
Relevancy 67.08%
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys I've been looking all over the internet to find a solution but failed to find any I hope you can help me out A couple of days ago I fell asleep in front of my notebook Asus X H which I have for about a notebook my work doesn't repair and system start Can't year now and when I woke up I couldn't connect with the wireless Hoping it would solve anything so I didn't have to go downstairs Can't start my notebook and system repair doesn't work to fix it I decided to restart my notebook I don't recall seeing a BSOD but after it showed the Asus logo there was nothing just a black screen This time I timed how long it took and after minutes it said quot Windows is loading files quot This doesn't take too long but then I get a black screen again but this time with a cursor for about a minute Then I get the Windows background with the cursor and after a minute or two the System Recovery Options screen appears There I'm asked to select a keyboard input method which is Belgian period in my case When I click on next another window gives me two possibilities - Use recovery tools that can help fix problems starting Windows Select an operating system to repair - Restore your computer using a system image that you created earlier As I didn't create any system images I go for the first one As there aren't any operating systems loaded it tells me to click on the Load drivers button As I don't have a clue what I should do choosing Load drivers I just click on next Then the following options are presented to me - Startup Repair - System Restore - System Image Recovery - Windows Memory Diagnostic - Command Prompt When I click on System Restore it says it's not possible because I should specify which Windows installation to restore If I go for System Image Recovery it just doesn't do anything I think Windows Memory Diagnostic is just irrelevant and the Command Prompt doesn't make sense to me at all Last but not least we have the Startup Repair which I tried an awful lot of times but it just seems to do nothing at all I downloaded and burnt Ubuntu and ran it on my notebook to recover some files I really don't want to lose I also downloaded a torrent of Windows Ultimate -bit and burnt it but it didn't make any sense to me at all I did the same as I did with Ubuntu namely raping the escape button as soon as I started my notebook and selecting P TSSTcorp But it seems I just can't fix the problem and I hope you guys can help me out somehow PS My notebook came with a -year guarantee but I'm not sure if this problem is part of the guarantee I hope it does and also if I send it back I'll have to cope without a notebook for a while and if I can fix it with your help I wouldn't have to wait so long Thanks in advance

A:Can't start my notebook and system repair doesn't work

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/275832-cant-start-my-notebook-system-repair-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a notebook..
Model : TOSHIBA Satellite L-510

and a TV
Model : SHARP LC32A37M (http://vlv.am/wp-content/uploads/pro...9192168124.jpg)

I have a HDMI cable and connected them both.. There are PICTURES.. but no sounds..

Please help.. Maybe if you think I need to install something additional please give me the sites.. Thanks...

My mom has been trying to fix this since last week..

A:Notebook connected to TV with HDMI cable doesn't work. Help pls!!~?

Have you checked the default audio device settings in your sound control panel?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/178629-notebook-connected-tv-hdmi-cable-doesnt-work-help-pls.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey everybody I bought the headsets They ve got a microphone as well Now I ve got three ports pink green and this colorless one My regular speakers go in the colorless port while the headphone microphone goes into the pink one and the headset speakers The thing is speakers on the headsets as well as my regular speakers worked but the microphone on the headsets didn t so I tried to fix the problem and eventually did that is the microphone works but the speakers on the headsets don t However by inserting the headphone s speakers into the colorless port where my regular speakers are put in that case the headphones work but why don t they work when I pluck them in the green port Previously when the microphone didn t work the headphone s speakers worked now mic speakers it - does, didn't work don't but headphone Headphone but after I fixed the microphone problem the headphone s speakers stopped working Headphone mic didn't work - now it does, but headphone speakers don't Please help me as this is of great importance and I ve been Headphone mic didn't work - now it does, but headphone speakers don't trying to fix this problem for several hours nbsp

A:Headphone mic didn't work - now it does, but headphone speakers don't

That colorless port might be for input devices, that does not include headphones. I had the same problem with my audigy 2 zs, had to plug my headset into a speaker port, its really the only way to get them to work, unless you have front panel ports for headphones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-mic-didnt-work-now-it-does-but-headphone-speakers-dont.89543/
Relevancy 64.07%

While Im in the question mood can anyone tell me why on the two computers I've had the front headphone jack doesn't work? When I asked the tech he said they've never gotten them to work and they've talked to the manufactures who couldn't answer them either. I can plug them in on the back and theywork but they just aren't long enough.

Relevancy 64.07%

Hey there I've so I think there must be a problem with my headphone jack for some reason when I connect my headphone to the jack I can always only hear on one side of the headphone I can only hear on both sides when I apply some force nbsp to the jack pushing it to the left and I would have to hold it to that position to get it working properly I forgot since when I had this problem but Jack. Headphone it has been like this for quite some time and when I plug in the same set of headphones to my phone it works just fine I've tried this with different headphones and a pair earphones and the problem still persists so I'm assuiming it is Headphone Jack. the jack port that is faulty I've been okay with having this problem because I would always usually just plug in both headphone and audio jacks in the cpu and insert a pen in between both the jacks having the headphone jack pushed to the left all the time and making it always work nbsp But just recenly I bought an external kareoke microphone which Headphone Jack. I planned on using to beatbox with and when I record and Headphone Jack. playback I can only hear from the left side of my headphone Kinda ticks me off because I've spent a lot of money on my headphones microphone and microphone jack converter but I still can't get the best out of my products Plus I would always switch from speakers to headphones depending on whether I'm listening to music or gaming What should I do nbsp Sorry if I've sent any irrelevant information or my English is bad nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Headphone-Jack/td-p/5683848
Relevancy 64.07%

my front headphone jack on my windows xp has gotten the tip of a headphone piece stuck in it how do i disable my front headphone jack

A:headphone jack

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you tried to pull it out carefully?

Right click on speaker icon in task bar > Playback device s>right click on Headphones > click disable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/headphone-jack-654417.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I accidentally broke a headphone plug off in the jack of my Gateway NE56R31 laptop. I have tried several different methods of removing it. One method included superglue which I am pretty sure has now glued the piece in. I am looking for suggestions for removing the plug or disabling the jack so that I have sound on my computer. Would a pair of USB headphones work? I mostly only use headphones when using my laptop. Thank you.

A:Headphone Jack

With the plug superglued into the jack, now the only way to fix the issue is with a replacement system board for the laptop. I don't know that USB or Bluetooth headphones would provide sound.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/headphone-jack.304351/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a GW M6307 with Vista HP 32bit. The headphone jack has suddenly stopped working.
I have done a restore back to when it was working..uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers without results. The IDT control panel indicates something else is plugged into the jack both for the mic and HP. I also reinstalled the MS audio drivers that came with the machine. I cannot find any default anywhere to change any setting regarding this. The laptop speakers work but the default to HP when plugged in does not. The speakers conitnue to play with no sound in the HP.There are no indications of a loose connection and the laptop sits on a desk most of the time. I realize this could be a hardware failure but it's hard to believe and I know the headphones work with other devices.
Does any know where a default setting exists or how to confirm a hardware failure??

A:Headphone Jack??

If the HP works on other devices ..then its Ok....
So must be your pc .......
Go to device manager ... uninstall the sound card driver ... REBOOT IMMEDIATELY..."Let your pc install the original driver back"...
(BTW..When its plugged in..try to wiggle the cable ..see if it make any connection.?)

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/216633-headphone-jack.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an HP Pavilion x360.  What size headphone jack is in it?  I have tried plugging normal earbuds into the jack, but they are too big.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/headphone-jack/td-p/5765190
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey

I have a Acer TravelMate 3260. Its about a year or so old, and I am having problems with the headphone jack. For some programs it will work and others it will not. Sometimes I have to put the laptop to sleep and turn it back on before the headphones will work. Now, I have all my music on Windows Media Player, and the headphones will not work when I plug them in. I cant hear any of my music. But I can hear the sounds of the keyboard when I type, if that makes sense, the sound of the keys seems to be louder. I just want my headphones to work with windows media. There is nothing wrong with the headphones themself because they are new and work with everything else.

Please can some one help me!

Regards
Meagan

Relevancy 63.64%

I tried a quick search and couldn't find an answer.

I've managed to break off a bit of my headphone connector into the jack so my laptop thinks I have headphones plugged in while it is infact just a bit of metal, this is making it impossible for me to get any sound out of my laptop.

I was wondering if anyone knew any way of disabling the jack so I can get sound out of my speakers

I have the realtek HD audio manager on my HP G62 Notebook PC

A:I broke my headphone jack

I don't think it is possible to turn off the jack. That bit of metal is telling the computer to turn off the internal speakers. The computer still thinks that the headphones are connected. See if you can remove that bit of metal...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-broke-my-headphone-jack.175286/
Relevancy 63.64%

Since  "Sound"  did recognize my headphones when plugged in, I changed it to the default and it played through the headphones and cut the sound from the speakers.  When I unplugged the headphones, the sound went back to the speakers.  Yay!!  thank you all for the help. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/RE-Headphone-Jack-not-working/td-p/5648268
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, my new-ish HP G250 netbook's headphone jack if faulty. It works 100% in one of the ears and like 20% in the other. I've tried different headphones and all of them have the same problem. If I pull the audio jack out very slightly it works in both ears but has a very low quality. I have a warranty, how do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Faulty-Headphone-Jack/td-p/5816639
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a red light in my headphone jack when I'm using windows 8 but then when I get back onto Windows 7 (dual boot) the light doesn't turn on. Does anyone know how I could turn it on?

Toshiba A500

A:Headphone jack light?

My guess would be that there's no driver for it yet in windows 8 other than the generic driver that windows 8 uses. What is the make and model of the head set you are using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/238234-headphone-jack-light.html
Relevancy 63.64%

title says it, i downloaded the most recent version of the realteck drivers from toshibas site and i have no sound when plugging in headphones.

A:No sound from headphone jack

Did the headphone jack ever work? Is the headset you are using a known good headset?

If the unit is still under warranty, best to contact Toshiba. If its a hardware problem (and under warranty) only Toshiba can get it corrected.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/48558-no-sound-headphone-jack.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently bought a Y50, only to discover that no matter what headphones I use, no sound will play. The actual speakers on the laptop work fine, I just cannot get any sound through headphones. I have tried messing with the drivers, but with no luck. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Or is my headphone jack busted?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Y50 Headphone Jack Not Working

hi Niphoros,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Just to verify, do you get a pop-up notification whenever you plugged-in a headphone / earphone?
- Link to picture

If yes then your issue is most likely similar to this article.As per these specs, the Y50 uses an audio combo jack (headphone and mic). Although this port supports various mobile headphones, you may need to get a PC Headset to 3.5mm Smartphone Adapter if you're using a traditional headset with a separate.audio and mic connector.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-Headphone-Jack-Not-Working/td-p/1602464
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,

Lately my headphone/computer has been acting weirdly. Before, a reboot worked but not anymore. For ex. i'm watching a movie on my laptop with my speakers. I can hear everything correctly. Then when I insert my headphone, i can't hear anything. Drivers are updated. I've read that IDT (the one that I have) don't like windows 7... Also, i cannot set my headphones as default device.

Please help me out, can't use my headphones!

thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-82, AMD64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 6141 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 126676 MB; D: Total - 463399 MB, Free - 256253 MB; E: Total - 13535 MB, Free - 19 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 3064, 19.15, None
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

A:Headphone jack not working!

If you are inserting the headphones once film has started, chances are the film has already picked up the sound device as speaker and wants to use that. changing in the middle of something often results in no sound, for me at least. try plugging phones in before you turn the computer on, and leave them in. hopefully that should cure it. Please note the word hopefully...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-not-working.993562/
Relevancy 63.64%

I SOLVED this in my reply below Hi everyone I have updated my Compaq Presario V CA to Windows Home Premium and only since then I have not been able to use my headphone jack for audio I have read many threads on this issue in this forum and elsewhere on the Internet tried several of the solutions offered but to no avail As with many others I do get sound through the laptop speakers When I plug in my perfectly working pair of headphones the sound on the speakers does not turn off and of course I am not getting anything in my headphones Here is what I see when I go to the Control Panel Sound In Playback I get Speakers - High Definition Audio Device - Default Device Clicking on its Properties I Headphone W7 issue jack in ?!? see the High Definition Audio Device driver is from Microsoft I have tried to disable uninstal update this driver but to no avail I have also tried to replace it with other drivers recommended in different forums including from the Compaq website but that also did not work Back in the Playback window I see the Digital Audio S PDIF icon with Ready state There is no Headphones icon even when I right click and Show Disabled Devices In the Recording pane the Line in icon shows a status of Not Plugged in with a red arrow pointing downwards Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Mike Complete laptop specs here Product Specifications Compaq Presario V Headphone jack issue in W7 ?!? CA Notebook PC - HP Customer Care Canada - English

A:Headphone jack issue in W7 ?!?

SOLVED!!!!!!!

I uninstalled the W7 audio drivers. I tried again to download the audio driver from Compaq (Select software and drivers Compaq Presario V3000 CTO Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)) but this time while I reinstalled that driver, I noticed that W7 was reinstalling its own drivers b/f the Compaq driver could be installed. So when the Compaq driver installation paused to ask me a question, I went back in Control Panel/Sound to again uninstall the W7 audio driver. I went back to the Compaq driver installation, let it finished and my headphones are now working!!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/76163-headphone-jack-issue-w7.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a new samsung PX2370 hooked up to my mac mini or ps3 by HDMI.

I also use the monitors built in headphone jack. It works excellent... as long as the brightness is set to full.

When I turn down the brightness on my monitor, I get buzzing through my headphones. As the brightness gets lower,

it seems like the buzzing changes frequency. I don't have any visual interference, just audio, and it isn't detectable

when the brightness is set to 100%.

Any thoughts?

A:Headphone Jack Interference

Before someone says just use your monitor at full brightness, I should add that I get a mild headache if I use it for more than an

hour on full. Also, I should be able to return it if it isn't fixable by the way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-interference.939728/
Relevancy 63.64%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4084 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 295204 MB, Free - 216500 MB; D: Total - 9999 MB, Free - 2782 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0RY007
Ant
ivirus: Norton 360, Updated and Enabled
Noticed my head phones jack is not working. Would this have anything to do with a (clean install) I did. I can listen to music fine out of my speakers, will not switch to headphones when I plug them in. Any Ideas Thanks!

A:Solved: headphone jack

Are inserting the jack into the right port?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-headphone-jack.1090549/
Relevancy 63.64%

So today when I go to plug in my headphones into my laptop, the video I was trying to watch today still is playing through the main speakers. I tried multiple pairs of headphones and it still didn't work. The volume coming from the speakers doesn't even shut off, it just keeps playing even though I have headphones plugged in. Any suggestions?

A:Headphone jack Not working!!!

Originally Posted by shortmantuff

So today when I go to plug in my headphones into my laptop, the video I was trying to watch today still is playing through the main speakers. I tried multiple pairs of headphones and it still didn't work. The volume coming from the speakers doesn't even shut off, it just keeps playing even though I have headphones plugged in. Any suggestions?

It is recommended to fill out your system specs. I have no idea what your system is or what audio driver/manager you are using.

If you have a realtek HD audio card- Install the audio manager, and set it to allow setting to pop up when jacks are used. That way you can tell it if you inserting headphones,mic, etc, and it will mute the external speakers and use the headphones-otherwise it plays out the speakers (this is common if you have a realtek card, and use the default Microsoft hd sound driver/software codecs. You may also note the "volume knob" does not work)

If you have a realtek card install the realtek driver/audio manager here:http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/219611-headphone-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I've just bought a XPS 15, and today I realised that when I plug in headphone into the headphone jack, buzzing noise emits, and renders the headphone useless. Laptop speakers works fine, just the issue with the headphone jack. 
I've tried updating the drivers to no avail. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19989491
Relevancy 63.64%

This seems to be a pretty common problem I'm working on my friends computer because his headphone Jack Windows 8 Headphone jack isn't working He has an Acer Aspire M with a third-gen Windows 8 Headphone Jack i GB DDR Windows bit and a Realtek card He had been using headphones in the side jack and they were working fine but yesterday he plugged them in and they weren't recognized by Windows I checked the playback devices in the control panel and the default speakers is only reading one internal jack no external jack The headphones do not show up in the playback devices list I installed the latest Realtek codecs Windows 8 Headphone Jack tried uninstalling the devices from the device manager and checked in the Realtek control panel Nothing seems to be working I tried several sets of headphones in the jack and it is the same deal I did test his headphones in my computer and they work perfectly I'm kinda at a loss for this which is sad because I have my CompTIA A But any help is greatly appreciated

A:Windows 8 Headphone Jack

Right click your speaker icon click properties

single click playback devices

right click anywhere in the playback tab and select show disbaled deives and show disconnected devices

If its disabled, then re-enable it

if its disconnected then plug in your headphones and see if it changes..

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/25399-windows-8-headphone-jack.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Just installed my new Sound Blaster X-gamer the other day and didn't notice a jack for headphones. Is it supposed to have one or do I need the "live-drive" in order to be able to use headphones.

A:Headphone jack on SB x-gamer

Is this a CDROM drive? If there in no jack on it, you're probably outta luck. Do you a headphone jack on your speaker you could use?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-on-sb-x-gamer.71111/
Relevancy 63.64%

The headphone jack on my new laptop is only playing in mono.
Anybody know why?

Edit:
Actually it's in stereo, but it doesn't pan all the way. If I pan an audio track 100% to the right or left, it only pans about halfway in my headphones (or in my speakers if that's what I plug in).

A:Headphone jack only in mono

Nevermind. Figured it out. I turned off the enhancement that supposedly makes you percieve that there's dolby surround coming from the computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/114635-headphone-jack-only-mono.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I updated to Windows 8 today, and everything seemed to be going well until I tried playing music through my headphones. They worked fine on my iPhone, but once I plugged them into my laptop, no sound came out.

Pictures:

I ran windows updates today.

A:Headphone Jack Not Working

It looks like, with the "High Definition Audio Device" that you only have the basic function Windows installed sound drivers.

Try installing the PC Vendor's sound driver. Same way for HDMI install the Video Card vendor's drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/18458-headphone-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey everyone! Sorry to post another question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere, unfortunately :(
As you can see by the title, I have a problem with my headphone jack. What happens, is whenever I plug in my earphones (I've tried using a couple different pairs, the problem still persisted) I automatically get that blue screen with a sad face, that says that Windows ran into a problem and that it has to restart. What I wanted to ask of you, is there a way to fix this? I'd really appreciate any insight onto this problem, and if you can help me figure it out, it would be much appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to read this :)

edit; Probably should have made it clear that this problem started happening a few days ago, it was fine beforehand!

A:Headphone Jack Problem

Reinstall the audio drivers.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/48286-headphone-jack-problem.html
Relevancy 63.64%

The headphone/microphone jack on my laptop doesn't work. I have tried multiple headphones with it and i get the same result each time. I have tried looking for solutions but nothing has worked.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-from-headphone-jack/td-p/5656120
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys I have a problem with my quot just over year old quot HP notebook cnx My headphone jack appears to be faulty because when Faulty Headphone Jack I insert ANY headphones speakers sound only comes from the left side When I wiggle the wire a lot then I get stereo sound but as soon as I let go it goes one sided again How frustrating This is a problem that has been getting worse and worse over time with more and more wiggling required to get stereo sound as time goes by Is this problem repairable I should add that the speakers on the laptop itself do not suffer from this problem ONLY when external speakers headphones are connected to the jack does this occur The worst thing is that as it s a month over a year old it s also a month out of warranty Do these things have a timer on them in which they can work perfectly fine as long as you have a guarantee but blow up as soon as the guarantee s over LOL Perhaps i should consider buying a USB or PCMCIA sound card probably cheaper than getting it Headphone Jack Faulty repaired I don t know Help Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,It seems that the headphone jack on my Lenovo Z40 has started to fail. I have to fiddle around with headphone cables to get proper sound, and my speaker doesn't produce any sound (presumably because the computer thinks headphones are plugged in). What are my options for repair? I assume the headphone jack is part of a board, how much would it cost to repair it?Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-z40-Headphone-Jack/td-p/3351704
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my topic, and hopefuly reply.

Earlier today, I was on my laptop, and I closed the lid, headphones plugged in and working, operating perfectly fine, and locked the door behind me.

In no less then 2 minutes I returned, and the computer acted as if the headphones were not plugged in at all, playing from the built in speakers. I tried different pairs of headphones, all don't work, and I see no visible problems with any of them, I've checked them over multiple times for tears, exposed wires, and the like.

I think it may be something with the headphone jack itself internally, but frankly I know nothing about how the computer is built, so I wouldn't know.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, thank you in advance.

A:Headphone jack not working...?

Before ripping the laptop apart, virus scan, uninstall sound drivers and/or sound manager programs, reboot, reinstall sound drivers and/or sound man., reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-not-working.765215/
Relevancy 63.64%

My headphone jack is not working all of sudden.

I am not sure what kind it is, maybe you can help me with that too...

Thanks

A:Headphone Jack Not Working?

If your using vista, play around the the settings in the control panel under the sound tab.
At least that fixed my problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-not-working.707608/
Relevancy 63.64%

I need to make two speakers I have (one red one white RCA) into a jack that can be plugged into any "out", on a laptoop or mp3 player for example.

does anyone know what this might be called? probably some type of adapters....thank you!

A:Solved: RCA to headphone jack

is this the sort of thing

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/AD012.html

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=31700&doy=18m11

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-C250-Cable-Twin-phono/dp/B0000C4GAG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-rca-to-headphone-jack.774321/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Fugitsu Lifebook Series A laptop. It has always performed well in the past. I bought some higher quality Monster headphones and now no sound will come out of the headphones. It says that the phones are not plugged in when they are. I have run the troubleshooter in the control panel with no success.
Any suggestions?

A:Headphone jack in, no sound

Hi first test the headphones in another computer and if working there try reinstalling the sound driver available from the fujitsu support pages for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/headphone-jack-in-no-sound-794898.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I own an IBM T30 laptop, the headphone jack got damaged, the headphone jack still works if the headpnhone plug is inserted and held in a certain way.
I would like to know how to slide open the headphone, microphone plastic cover.
My goal is to replace the headphone jack if necessary, I have already removed one screw that clearly holds this plastic cover in place but this cover won't budge.
How simple is it to replace the headphone jack on this T30 ?

Thank You !

A:T30 headphone jack damaged

Can you solder?.... That will be the only way to replace the jack I am afraid And I would suspect you will have to remove the entire base of the laptop to reach the audio ports, not just one screw.. it just gets worse.... If you really need to you would be best paying to have it repaired at a shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/t30-headphone-jack-damaged.704066/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have just tried my headphone jack for the first time and the sound does not come through them. They still come out of speakers despte the headphone being plugged in. I have tried the headphones on other devices and they work fine. Looking on YouTube I have updated the drivers  and then put my headphones in the headphone socket, and checked the Sound driver (Realtek HD Audio) on the "Playback devices" tab -  it shows a headphone icon with a red down arrow next to it with a description "Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output" and "Not Plugged In". How do I get this socket to "plug in"  ? Or is this a hardware problem ? Thanks in advance for anyone's help.  

A:Headphone jack not working

Hi @Loft62,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the headphone jack. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-jack-not-working/td-p/5604022
Relevancy 63.64%

Headphone jack not working, when I plugged headphone in sound keep comming out of my laptop speaker I have 2 little yellow triangles as well in device manager as shown in screenshot, can anyone help me so tensed.

A:headphone jack not working

What error message do you get when you right click on the yellow warning signs in the device manager?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/281662-headphone-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 63.64%

i have a laptop computer and made the mistake of using my daughter's headphones. the tip came off of the plug-in part and is stuck inside the hole. any ideas on how i can get it out so i'm not stuck using dora the explorer headphones for the rest of my computer's life?

A:Stuck headphone jack

You could try using a paper clip to fish it out (MAKE SURE THE POWER IS OFF IF YOU START POKING AROUND INSIDE THE SOCKET). Unfortunately the socket is usually surface mounted to the edge of the motherboard. If you are handy with a soldering iron you could probably remove the socket and install a new one. Failing that it's "Dora the Explorer" for you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-headphone-jack.702231/
Relevancy 63.64%

I purchased a brand new computer HP 15-AC168TU through amazon and received two days back.  Microphone and Headjack are working in my computer HP 15-AC168TU.I checked Sound in Control Panel.In Playback I can see only Speaker/HP. I can't see Headphone.In Recording tab, Mic in at front panel (black) the status is "Not plugged in". Since microphone and head jack are not working, Cortana is also not working.Please help to solve the problem

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Mic-and-Headphone-jack-not-working/td-p/5661075
Relevancy 63.64%

I buy au003tx 2 days before ..laptop speaker working properly but no headphone detected plizz solve it

A:Headphone jack not working

Greetings @Sumit1996,Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that you are experiencing issues with the headphone not working properly. I will do my best to assist you with this issue. Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems. Although these steps are for Windows 8, the steps will be the same Windows 10. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-jack-not-working/td-p/5759658
Relevancy 63.64%

My desktop system is pretty stable, runs well, never crashes.
Well, that is, almost never. I get a blue screen whenever I plug/unplug my headphones.

Has anybody ever heard of this one before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-jack-of-death.603420/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC. Over the past few months my headphone jack has not been working properly. It started off with the headphones having to be held in a certain place to prevent sound coming out of the speakers at the same time as the headphones (I have tried every pair of headphones i own) . Over time, this has been getting worse and now, sound comes out of the speakers regardless of whether i have any heaphones plugged in. The headphone jack is really wobbly and i'm assuming i'll need to take my pc to a repair shop?Thanks in advance  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-Jack-not-working/td-p/5719307
Relevancy 63.64%

When I updated my computer was upgraded to windows 10, the headphone jack was working perfectly. All of a sudden, a few months ago, they wouldn't work. I tried everything that I could find. I tried reinstalling the IDT high definition audio CODEC. When I tried to update it, it came up with an error here: https://puu.sh/r6LQJ/678c26d003.png.I looked around my computer, and everything was plugged in correctly (I'm pretty sure). The headphone jack still dosen't work right now. It isn't the headphones; I plugged them in on my laptop, and they worked perfectly (also, it was brand new). I need help to fix them. Can someone give me a different method?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Headphone-Jack-not-working/td-p/5758434
Relevancy 63.64%

my front panel head phone jack s not detected ... it shows dat its unplugged in control panel sound devices....
earlier it was working perfectly. n recently i reinstalled windows 7 after re installing ,the headphone jack is not detected..
please help me......

A:headphone jack unplugged

Hi Jeevan and welcome to the Forum. After you re-loaded Windows, did you reload the ASUS on-board sound drivers from the ASUS CD?

Regards
JohnnyA

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/158794-headphone-jack-unplugged.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a 2.1 speaker set attached to my laptop that does not have its own headphone jack. So in order to listen to headphones I have to unplug the 2.1 from the headphone jack and plug in the headphones. I tried a cheap splitter but that didn't sound good.

What I would like is something that had two jacks that allowed me to keep the 2.1 plugged in all the time in one jack and when I want to use the headphones I could just plug them into the other jack. I would like both jacks whether used together or solo to have the same sound quality as a single jack... with no degradation in sound.

Lastly, I would like to be able to mute the 2.1 (using volume control on the speaker set) and still get great controllable sound out of the jack that have the headphones plugged in.

Is there something like that? Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/75045-using-2-1-speaker-set-headphone-off-same-jack.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have an HP ze4145 (Laptop) and my headphone jack after 2 years has broken on me. Before it completely broke I would have to move the plug around inside the jack to try and get the right connection. Now that im completely missing a headphone jack I have two questions. First, is there any way i can disable the jack and force all of the audio to come out of my laptop speakers? and Second, Would i be able to buy a new jack or soundcard and how much would it cost on average? Thank you to anyone who can help.

A:Broken Headphone Jack

Fixed...somewhat

In case anyone else was having this same prob with the broken jack... i dont know how healthy this is for the comp, but i just got back from lunch and i had a peice of foil left, so i folded it up and jammed it in where the jack goes and success!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-headphone-jack.16689/
Relevancy 63.64%

I don't know how it happened, but the headphone jack on my dell computer got ****** up. I probably kicked it or something, I don't know. All I do know is that it'll now only play audio out of the left channel. I can try to jingle it around to play out of both, but the second I take my hand off, it's lefty again.
Please, can someone help? This was one of my main gripes with the old crappy computer I had and this one is too new to be going through this crap all over again.