Windows Support Forum

No POST after motherboard/graphics card upgrade.

Q: No POST after motherboard/graphics card upgrade.

I recently upgraded from a gigabyte GA-K NSC and a Radeon my GT recently died gt lt to an Asus A S-X and a GeForce GT Initially the computer worked fine and I booted motherboard/graphics upgrade. POST after card No up without problems and proceeded to install the drivers for the new components After a few reboots I was going into the control panel do uninstall something and the system froze I performed a hard reboot and the system powered up but refused to do anything My monitor does not get a signal all the fans etc are working and my DVD drive will eject POST never happens I thought it might be a PSU problem as I was using a -pin to -pin converter so I ordered a new PSU The problem persists and the computer works fine with the old components I followed the instructions in the quot Troubleshooting Guide for quot Problem Builds quot quot sticky and it did boot up - I tried using the bare minimum of components to have a usable system and it stopped working again I then took everything out so it was the way it worked previously - and once again it failed to boot I m at a loss here and I really hope it s not faulty components - - nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-post-after-motherboard-graphics-card-upgrade.628828/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No POST after motherboard/graphics card upgrade.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.13%

I have an old PC I'm working on. I need to upgrade the graphics card so I'm told for windows media center to run right. I'm wondering is it worth it to buy an AGP graphics card cUse thats all the board will take or upgrade the motherboard to something newer that I can harvest my old components from and add to the new board to save money? Why do I need to upgrade the card? What is that going to do for the computer and what will more memory on a graphics cars do?

A:Upgrade motherboard or graphics card?

If you move to something newer, your old components might not work. Not only that but you'll still end up getting a graphics card, whether it's discreet or integrated, and it'll be more expensive to buy a new motherboard. How do you figure that you'll save money buying a new motherboard?

I have no idea why you would need to upgrade your card; you've only told us that someone else told you you need to upgrade your card. I can't say why they think you do, or if they're even right. Maybe you'll want to explain your issue in detail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-motherboard-or-graphics-card.161453/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all New to this so please excuse my mistakes and not knowledgeable with computers at all My computer seems to have a bottleneck judging by the Performance Information amp Tools in Windows Ultimate I want to know if it is possible and if so how do I go about it to install a graphics card to enhance my computer Currently I have Processor - Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz Memory - x gb motherboard is capable of gb - x slots Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce nForce i Motherboard - P N A-VM I ve been told by my local computer shop that I cannot upgrade my graphics by installing a graphics card as my motherboard has Upgrade built in graphics card? motherboard with this built in I understand not being able to upgrade the built in motherboard graphics Upgrade built in motherboard graphics with card? unit without buying a new motherboard but I thought it should be possible to install a graphics card Yesterday I got my system upgraded from Windows bit to Windows Ultimate bit so I could upgrade my RAM to gb the x gb Kingston RAM I purchased for this so I could have gb RAM doesn t work apparantly so I have to return them amp get new ones Going from the Performance Information amp Tools in Windows Ultimate bit my scores are Processor - Memory RAM - Graphics - Gaming Graphics - Prim HDD - Giving a base score of Before my upgrade yesterday my system was Processor - Memory RAM - Graphics - Gaming Graphics - Prim HDD - Giving a base score of So it seems I have gone backwards in performance The computer seems to be very sluggish it suffered freq freezing crashing problems before upgrade but it works ok I guess I don t play games or do video editing just general internet searching with multiple pages open as well as programs like Office word excel office running - although usually not all together I use autocad and google sketchup often I d just like a fast reliable computer without spending a fortune on it and hoped that going to Windows bit with gb RAM would do this currently running at gb until replacement RAM arrives Sorry to give heaps of info but I don t want to ask a question without giving as much info as I know to give if more is needed then I will happily provide it - I just don t know what info it could be at the moment My question is can I make it faster by installing a graphics card and can I install a graphics card Any advice would be highly appreciated Many thanks Shane nbsp

A:Upgrade built in motherboard graphics with card?

Shane04 said:

I've been told by my local computer shop that I cannot upgrade my graphics by installing a graphics card as my motherboard has this built in.Click to expand...

That is a lie, the man at your computer shop should be fired.

But if you don't play games or do any video editing you don't really need a graphics card upgrade. Your motherboard graphics should be enough.

RAM doesn't make your computer any faster, it only makes a difference if you have lots of bulky applications open at the same time. For you 4GB is fine, 12GB is a waste to be honest. Also your mobo only supports DDR2 so if you bought DDR3 RAM it wouldn't work.

If you want to make your computer faster I would suggest a clean install of Windows on an SSD!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-built-in-motherboard-graphics-with-card.176679/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi guys I am new to this forum although it has helped me a lot over the last few years I just haven't registered until now Please can someone help me with a motherboard, or any Need my suggestions? to card graphics upgrade few questions on how to upgrade or completely upgrade my Desktop PC I have a E-System Ei and want to upgrade so that I can play sort of Need to upgrade my graphics card or motherboard, any suggestions? modern games I have a bit of knowledge about computers but the hardware side is something I'm trying to learn Here are my specs and I may get some wrong but I can't tell the difference between CPU GPU Motherboard etc Operating system Windows Ultimate x Installed memory RAM GB x GB DDR CPU Intel Celeron GHz Motherboard Foxconn GM CM Chipset i G GPU Intel GM GME Memory MBytes I am just curious as to what I can upgrade to can I just buy a top of the range motherboard and install it Thanks for your help it's much appreciated

A:Need to upgrade my graphics card or motherboard, any suggestions?

Hi Androider86, Welcome to Sevenforums.

I am sure you will get the best suggestion here for the upgrade you are looking for.
first of all, tell us what is your budget? If you want to buy a top range motherboard, you can. But, if you are planning to install the same CPU that you currently have, it won't work. You need to but a good CPU with that as well.

If you are planning to buy PC for gaming. Then I will suggest you to have good motherboard, CPU, GPU, 8 GB RAM, a good cabinet to put all these in and most important a good power supply to give enough power to all these components.

But, we can suggest the hardware once you give us your budget.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313950-need-upgrade-my-graphics-card-motherboard-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all

I have got a hp dx2250 and have just bought a Asus Radeon HD5450 1GB PCI-Express Graphics Card and it turns on but no display and the fan goes mad. I have now replaced the power supply from a 250w to a 400w and still does the same. Have you got any ideas please as I am lost now.

Thanks

Ross

Relevancy 64.07%

I have been trying to upgrade my graphics card system is well behaved with old simple graphics card a GB radeon H A month or two back I tried a post not with will graphics System card upgraded GB GTX card and had the System will not post with upgraded graphics card same problem Today I bought a GB R X thinking maybe it would do better with a Radeon card rather than a nVidia But no luck Change out the card connect up the power supply and it won't even post the fans come on but no beep Change back to the old card it leaps straight into life Differences are old card is single slot with no fan a very basic card New cards both take up two slots on the back panel much larger with big fans Old card was bus powered new card the GTX was aso bus powered The R X has a pin connector Both new cards fit in the case just fine Where do I start with troubleshooting this if the system won't even post I have to think the old card connects fine but the new cards don't due to some sort of Mboard damage or maybe a short with the larger card The GTX I returned and was given a refund they tried it in the shop and it booted first time System will not post with upgraded graphics card Appreciate any advice Chris Ross

A:System will not post with upgraded graphics card

Hi,

Is this the right place to post this issue?

I have basically decided to replace the motherboard. Unfortunately being a socket 1155 processor it also means I need a new processor as very few boards are now available in 1155 socket. I think I'll recycle the old processor into another computer, I can pick up a cheap 1155 board quite easily to make a PC for my mother in law.

The reasoning is that it'll only boot with the old card, a couple of times it refused to boot with old card and I played with the monting plate screws to ensure it didn't side load the card and after that it booted, seems like a problem with the PCI-E 16x socket. I also tried with now graphics card after enabling on board graphics and it also refused to boot.

Any further thoughts?

thanks,

Chris Ross

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/362600-system-will-not-post-upgraded-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 64.07%

hello this little problem got has me a little confused

currently running:
windows Vista medial center edition 32 Bit service pack 1
Nvidia 9600 GT card 512MB
2GB of PC3200 rams
Motherboard: Asus A8R-MX/DP
chipset: ATI radeon xpress200
PSU: 500watt

problem: when i try to install a ati 5770 1GB graphics card, the computer would not post. the fan would start spinning, all the blue lights would go up but i would not get the initial "beep" to start the boot. i also notice my optical mouse is flashing its red laser. is that a power issue? or the MB compatibility issue? i notice that this is an older motherboard. with pci express 1.0 i think and the card is a 2.0 card but i believe they are backward compatible.
when i put the old graphics card back in, the system started up fine.

thank you for your help in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-post-after-puttin-in-a-new-graphics-card.966444/
Relevancy 64.07%

I built my uncle a computer and the thing that's bugging me is that the Graphics card is causing a hang on POST.

Here is the graphic's card.

MSI N9600GT 512M OC GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

But when I clear the CMOS and reboot it will boot fine.

Any idea's here guy's?

A:Graphics card causing hang in Post?

Sounds like time for a removal in Device Manager or Add and Remove, then a registry edit, then a reinstall will be needed to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-causing-hang-in-post.122436/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone Current PC specs listed above to get it out Time RAM these..graphics choices?? card upgrade.. input / on to upgrade of the way I am a gamer This upgrade is to allow me to play some of the newer Time to upgrade.. input on these..graphics card / RAM upgrade choices?? games such as The Witcher and also to enable me to utilize DX when I eventually upgrade to Vista RAM this is what I have found I do not overclock Time to upgrade.. input on these..graphics card / RAM upgrade choices?? and I am very happy with the matched pair of Corasir XMS MB Time to upgrade.. input on these..graphics card / RAM upgrade choices?? C running at that I currently have so I figured the safe bet is in just jumping to a matched pair of MB sticks of the same http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics card I do have a budget and from the reviews I have read this card should carry me through the gaming world for at least the next year hopefully I like eVGA and I have nothing but good things to say about the eVGA GS that I am currently using But if anyone has some input as to problems with the card listed below or if you know of another card that will perform just as well or better for around the same price I would like to hear about it http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Time to upgrade.. input on these..graphics card / RAM upgrade choices??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-to-upgrade-input-on-these-graphics-card-ram-upgrade-choices.681708/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I've got this motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP.
I just went looking around the BIOS, and found out how to use my other monitor (connected via VGA port on motherboard) but not how to use both my graphics card and motherboard internal graphics (Graphics card for main display and motherboard display for alternate display) at the same time. I read that some motherboards can do this, and I would think that mine could, due to it being quite a good motherboard, but am I missing something? I can't seem to find it!

And help/answers will be awesome.

PS. the 2nd monitor is ONLY VGA and my graphics card only has ports for HDMI and DVI, I do have an adapter... for HDMI to DVI... Damn...

PSS. If im unclear, ask in the reply section.

Thanks Again!

A:How to use both graphics card and motherboard graphics at once?

Depending on what Graphics Card you have ... You should be able to run two Monitors of the one Card ...

As for using the Internal and another Graphics Card at the same time ...

That is not possible ... Though it is true that your Motherboard supports Switchable Graphics ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/348360-how-use-both-graphics-card-motherboard-graphics-once.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Firstly I have to point out Graphics Problems Post-Malware Removal Card that I was directed here by one of your guys in 'Graphics Card Problems' as he diagnosed this as a software or O S problem Ok following a serious DHCP Client attack which was kindly rectified with the help of one of your esteemed technicians here I have now found myself with a very irritating graphics card problem Ever since I followed the steps neccessary to get rid of my malware issue my movie files and video games and even my screensaver now refuse to respond I figured that my old GEForce was due for an upgrade anyway bought GTA Post-Malware Removal Graphics Card Problems IV couldn't play GTA IV so today went and purchased an NVIDIA GEForce GT GB of memory built in and an HDMI slot Since having upgraded my graphics card I am still unable to play install any games screensavers etc Although my system says that my graphics card and drivers is up-to-date whenever I try to add a screensaver or install play a game I get the attached message description re hardware acceleration I have uninstalled and re-installed Direct X but to no avail I am also receiving error messages regarding Direct D Device Manager is recognising the graphics card see screenshot attached and all drivers are up-to-date Can anyone please help or advise Here's what I have Pre-Built Hewlett Packard Compaq SR UK - -OEM- - Samsung HD HJ ATA Device Windows Vista Home Premium IE Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz Mainboard ECS Livermore NVIDIA GEForce GT Any other information can be provided on request Once again thanks for looking at this for me Yours in hope

A:Post-Malware Removal Graphics Card Problems

Bump: Help please???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/post-malware-removal-graphics-card-problems-663064.html
Relevancy 63.21%

i ve been playing world of warcraft for about a month now and i have it on the lowest possible settings and at x resolution and i m still getting like fps i want to up the settings on the game to good instead of low and have about atleast fps in raids with other and power card supply upgrade upgrade Graphics players and Graphics card upgrade and power supply upgrade when i m alone questing have like to OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model p y System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB I have a radeon hd so i want to upgrade it to be able to play with atleast fps but i want to spend as little as i can max for both and the less i spend the better if anyone can help would be great nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

My motherboard is a gigabyte 71xe4 and has never caused me any problems with my old gfx card (voodoo3 pci). However i just bought a geforce2 64mb mx400 AGP card and now my pc won't start. I have ensured the card is in the slot correctly and have removed the voodoo. When i switch on i just get the 2-1 beeps (2 quick beeps followed shortly after by another). I assume the pc is believing there to not be a gfx card so how do i solve this?

I am on the original BIOS (there is a prob with win 98 dos mode where the fan stops, there is an update to solve it but i never use dos so i dont see the point in risking my bios on an unnessecary update), will i have to finally update my bios to get it to work? Or is there some other way?

Thanks
Will

Relevancy 62.78%

I have a Neon (MS-6577 v3.1) motherboard i want to know if i can attach a new graphics card to it. Something like a Radeon 9800 and also i would like to know if my motherboard's is any good or should i buy another.

Link to description of my Mother board

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00100539

Windows XP
Intel Celeron(R) 2.7 GHz
Ram 512
Graphics card: Radeon 9200 (PCI)
Motherboard: Neon (MS-6577 v3.1)

A:Motherboard/Graphics card

I will not get into the merits of each motherboard, but the one in your reference has an AGP slot that would take the graphics card - but you mention a PCI card in your sig?

An AGP card would be MUCH faster than a PCI card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-graphics-card.298159/
Relevancy 62.78%

question... this may sounds like a dumb question, but i was wondering if i was able to use ANY GRAPHICS card with my new motherbaord, a gigabyte... i know absolutly nothing about graphics cards, so iwas looking to all of you fro some extra help!!
Thanks!

Relevancy 62.78%

Well i was wondering what motherboard i had, and how i can find what it is, because i want to buy a new gfx card but i don't know which ones will work for my computer. I downloaded EVEREST but i don't understand most of what it says...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all

1. I have a asus p5vd2-MX SE motherboard
2. 160gb h.d.d
3. 2gb ram 533mhz
4. intel pentium d 945 3.00ghz

Could anyone tell me what would be the best grahics card for this system?

Thanks Jase

I was thinking of getting a Ati Radeon x1950 pro

A:What would be the best graphics card for my motherboard?

Know anything about your power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-graphics-card-for-my-motherboard.87097/
Relevancy 62.78%

I want to get the gtx 980 graphics card, can my JasmineR (MS-7778) motherboard have it?

A:Can my motherboard fit this graphics card

@EvilKitty?, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-my-motherboard-fit-this-graphics-card/td-p/5687393
Relevancy 62.78%

Im just wondering if anyone knows if a XFX GeForce 8800 GTS Extreme Video Card will work with a EVGA nForce 680i SE SLI Motherboard. If anyone could tell me that would help me a lot. Im building my own computer so im ordering parts, i need to know which ones to get.

A:Need help with motherboard and graphics card

I can't see any possible reason that it wouldn't. Why an xfx instead of evga? Lifetime with evga and excellent customer support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-motherboard-and-graphics-card.641193/
Relevancy 62.78%

System card, Graphics PSU? Motherboard, Model XPS i Operating System Windows Professional BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM X Card name NVIDIA GeForce GT Chip type NVIDIA nForce i I have attached my DxDiag txt file with more system information I ve been having a number of problems with my PC It started with with some graphics card problems The screen would Graphics card, Motherboard, PSU? glitch up It would vary lines of pixels shifted left and right areas ghosting colors messed up etc Whilst I was troubleshooting this it progressively became worse to the point where the screen became Graphics card, Motherboard, PSU? unreadable or frozen It would error during boot up and freeze by the time if got to the log-on screen Both graphics cards would produce the error independently although it would visually vary between the two graphics cards The motherboard also had a continuous orange LED lit up also It just so happened my brother had the same PC set-up so has some spare parts so I swapped out the cards and his graphics cards seem to work fine no glitches no freezing etc So problem solved Well possibly though now my sound don t work My motherboard has onboard sound so there is no sound card The sound bar moves up and down but nothing comes out the speakers I have test the speakers in both in the back and front audio jacks When plugged in the front it under Playback Devices it seems to not detect the speakers just the quot Digital Output quot When plugged in the back the quot Speaker quot icon under Playback devices continuously flicks between Connected and Disconnected I have tested the speakers with my laptop and they work fine so its not the speakers The lit up orange LED also remains All cables and plugs seem to be secure I tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but that didnt work so to avoid the chance of driver mismatch I reinstalled windows but still no luck My thoughts are that the motherboard is damaged Could a damaged motherboard in turn damage my graphics cards Or is it more likely that something else damaged my motherboard and graphics cards in one fell swoop I find it hard to believe that my gfx cards would both die at the same time just by coincidence and until I can lock down the problem I m worried that these graphic cards could become damaged When I have the chance I might be able to take my brothers motherboard and swap them over and test that but I have never done this before and its not something I d take to doing lightly Does anyone have any advice or suggestions about what could cause the trouble I have been having or best way to proceed Any and all help welcome nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I am new to this and I want to upgrade my graphic card and I need a graphic card that can handle a 27 inch curved monitor and a little gaming. At the moment i have a AMD Radeon R5-330 graphic card and AMD A10-8750 processor and a AMD A78 FCH motherboard.

A:want to upgrade my graphic card see post for more

any suggestions on budget of £200
Cheers, have a good day

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/want-upgrade-my-graphic-card-see-post-more-4610776/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I have an emachines with the Trigem IM GL motherboard and Windows XP Home no screen, no graphics POST, card, BIOS new emachines now black SP installed This has the onboard graphics chipset Intel GL graphics memory controller hub I recently installed an ATI Radeon PCI graphics card to get emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS better graphics performance emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS This achieved the performance increase I needed but after installing the new card the system consistently took about - minutes to boot up and be useable after going through POST There was also the same delay when using the quot switch user quot function I thought this delay might be caused by some internal conflict between the new ATI card and the motherboard onboard graphics So I tried at first disabling and then uninstalling the onboard graphics through Device Manager Display adapters emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS leaving the ATI card as the only adapter On restarting everything worked OK but I still got the same slow boot problem as before Next step was to check the BIOS settings This is a Phoenix BIOS Under the quot Advanced quot menu there is an option to set the primary video adpter to quot PCI quot or quot Onboard quot When I had initially installed the ATI card i e before uninstalling the onboard graphics I changed this to quot PCI quot but subsequently found that setting to this or quot Onboard quot didn t affect the signal output through the ATI card So after uninstalling the onboard graphics probably foolishly I tried changing the the setting back to quot Onboard quot saved settings and restarted Result - system powers on but will not now go through POST and the screen stays black Since there is no video output I can t even get into the BIOS If I switch the monitor lead back to the old onboard graphics socket I get an error message warning to effect that the graphics controller cannot be reverse engineered together with a few coloured flashing symbols This seems to be a default message put out by the onboard grahics chipset indicating it has power but is not communicating with the operating system It seems to me I ve shot myself in the foot I think what I ve done is delete uninstall the onboard graphics controller but tell the BIOS to use it and not the ATI card with the result that on startup the BIOS looks for the onboard graphics can t find it doesn t know to look for the ATI card so then stops starting up Trouble is I can t get into the BIOS to change the settings Can anyone offer a solution to this The only things I can think of doing are Physically remove and replace the ATI card hoping this will force it to be recognised as the primary video adapter during POST Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do Most drastic - install a new motherboard keeping all my other components CPU HD etc But then I would also need to reinstall the whole OS from scratch and I don t have a full copy of XP so not the cheapest option any help advice would be much appreciated thanks Tony nbsp

A:emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS

trljcl said:

2) Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do.Click to expand...

You should perform this step, but remove the Radeon PCI card first.

The Clear CMOS jumpers are precisely for this kind of mischief- to return BIOS to a known/working state in case the system can't get to or complete it's POST tests.

Once you've cleared the CMOS, you'll need to immediately go into the BIOS setup screens and redo all your settings, date, time, HD's, etc.etc.

At that point, you may reset video to PCI (disable onboard) and re-insert your Radeon. With any luck, Windows will boot and the drivers will still be intact and working.

As far as the pause you are describing before the BIOS fun.. did you install .NET and Catalyst Control Center version of the ATI drivers? These are very likely the cause of your pause/longer boot time and user switching.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-new-graphics-card-now-black-screen-no-post-no-bios.38513/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I have an emachines with the Trigem IM GL motherboard and Windows XP Home black new now card, BIOS graphics screen, emachines POST, no no SP installed This has the onboard graphics chipset Intel GL graphics memory controller hub I recently installed an ATI Radeon PCI graphics card to get emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS better graphics performance This achieved emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS the performance increase I needed but after installing the new card the system consistently took about - minutes to boot up and be useable after going through POST There was also the same delay when using the quot switch user quot function I thought this delay might be caused by some internal conflict between the new ATI card and the motherboard onboard graphics So I tried at first disabling and then uninstalling the onboard graphics through Device Manager Display adapters leaving the ATI card as the only adapter On restarting everything worked OK but I still got the same slow boot problem as before Next step was to check the BIOS settings This is a Phoenix BIOS Under the quot Advanced quot menu there is an option to set the primary video adpter to quot PCI quot or quot Onboard quot When I had initially installed the ATI card i e before uninstalling the onboard graphics I changed this to quot PCI quot but subsequently found that setting to this or quot Onboard quot didn t affect the signal output through the ATI card So after uninstalling the onboard graphics probably foolishly I tried changing the the setting back to quot Onboard quot saved settings and restarted Result - system powers on but will not now go through POST and the screen stays black Since there is no video output I can t even get into the BIOS If I switch the monitor lead back to the old onboard graphics socket I get an error message warning to effect that the graphics controller cannot be reverse engineered together with a few coloured flashing symbols This seems to be a default message put out by the onboard grahics chipset indicating it has power but is not communicating with the operating system It seems to me I ve shot myself in the foot I think what I ve done is delete uninstall the onboard graphics controller but tell the BIOS to use it and not the ATI card with the result that on startup the BIOS looks for the onboard graphics can t find it doesn t know to look for the ATI card so then stops starting up Trouble is I can t get into the BIOS to change the settings Can anyone offer a solution to this The only things I can think of doing are Physically remove and replace the ATI card hoping this will force it to be recognised as the primary video adapter during POST Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do Most drastic - install a new motherboard keeping all my other components CPU HD etc But then I would also need to reinstall the whole OS from scratch and I don t have a full copy of XP so not the cheapest option any help advice would be much appreciated thanks Tony nbsp

A:emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS

Start by resetting the cmos. This will reset the bios to the default settings.

Remove the new card from the machine. Hopefully your computer will now boot up ok, using the onboard graphics.

Is your psu putting out enough power for your new graphics card?

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-new-graphics-card-now-black-screen-no-post-no-bios.38514/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All,

So, I upgraded from an Apple 20" HD Cinema display with an EVGA GTX 470 SC graphics card to a 27" Apple LED Cinema display with an EVGA GTX 680 SC graphics card.

My issue is that with the previous setup, I'd see the POST information during boot before the Windows 7 splash screen prior to desktop loading. With the new configuration, the screen remains black until it hits the Windows 7 splash screen.

The new display turns on automatically via its connection to the computer. It has no on/off button, unlike the 20" Apple Cinema display.

Also, with connections, the 20" used a direct DVI connection. The 27" display has a Mini DisplayPort connector, which is plugged into an MDP to DVI adapter, which is then plugged into my graphics card.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:New monitor and graphics card, POST screen not displaying during boot

Wow. 250 views and no ideas? Anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233480-new-monitor-graphics-card-post-screen-not-displaying-during-boot.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello New To The Forums Here So Heya This lil issue never really bothered me but is so irritant its like a bad itch was wondering if anybody would take secs to give a tiddy hand lol basicly Card Strange Before Booting POST Change, Graphics Bios when i Graphics Card Change, Strange Booting Before Bios POST press the ON button without my ATI Radeon HD in the PCI-E slot my pc makes click sound then i can see the POST and away we go Whopp but with the ATI Card installed it clicks like times and the front lights flash every time it clicks i say clicks cause thats what it dose sound like lol the power and HDD light flash its like its resetting itself severaltime to get power buildup to run the card S on the box for the card it says MINIMUM W PSU so i though hmm my standard wont do no good so i got myself a W ATX PSU an still dose it and on the ol trusty CPU-Z it reads its running at x when apaz my mobo is up-to x an my ATI is a x but the main Q is whats with what loks like bad starting its like a old vw in the cold lol Graphics Card Change, Strange Booting Before Bios POST any ideas if ya need any more info just ask im not a noob at pc's just not to much jargon hehe thanks in adavnce M D Tyler Addicional- I Have Also Another Computer With A PCI Graphics Card on XP Which USED to run fine but now since a reinstall with the same drivers and same OS as was same disc wont work past the Boot Manager unless its run in VGA Mode Any Ideas Here ps thought ide ask here as they both are kinda the same an saves x posts CPU-z For st Q CPU-Z TXT Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaries ------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU-Z version Processors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Number of processors Number of threads APICs ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor -- Core -- Thread -- Core -- Thread Processors Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name AMD Athlon X Codename Brisbane Specification AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Package Socket AM CPUID F B Extended CPUID F B Brand ID Core Stepping BH-G Technology nm Core Speed MHz Multiplier x FSB x MHz HT Link speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions sets MMX DNow SSE SSE SSE x - AMD-V L Data cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size L Instruction cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size L cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size FID VID Control yes Max FID x Max VID V of P-States P-State FID x - VID x x - V P-State FID xA - VID x F x - V P-State FID xC - VID x D x - V P-State FID xD - VID x C x - V K Thermal sensor yes K Revision ID Attached device PCI device at bus device function Attached device PCI device at bus device function Attached device PCI device at bus device function Attached device PCI device at bus device function CPU Thread APIC ID Topology Processor ID Core ID Thread ID Type h Max CPUID level h Max CPUID ext level h Cache descriptor Level I KB thread s Cache descriptor Level D KB thread s Cache descriptor Level U KB thread s Chipset ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northbridge NVIDIA MCP rev A Southbridge NVIDIA MCP rev A Graphic Interface PCI-Express PCI-E Link Width x PCI-E Max Link Width x Memory Type DDR Memory Size MBytes Channels Dual Memory Frequency MHz CPU CAS latency CL RAS to CAS delay tRCD RAS Precharge tRP Cycle Time tRAS Bank Cycle Time tRC Command Rate CR T Memory SPD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIMM SMBus address x Memory type DDR Module format Regular UDIMM Manufacturer ID Kingston F Size MBytes Max bandwidth PC - MHz Part number Serial number CC C Manufacturing date Week Year Number of banks Data width bits Correction None Nominal Voltage Volts EPP no XMP no JEDEC timings ... Read more

A:Graphics Card Change, Strange Booting Before Bios POST

Hello mileztyler1205. Welcome to the Forum.

Because you say that when you take the 5450 card out of the PC you still get video that leads me to assume that the motherboard has on-board graphics.
It is necessary to disable the on-board graphics chip in order to use a video card. Newer motherboards switch the on-board chip off automatically, but some older boards required you to do so manually in the BIOS settings. That is where you should start.

The "click" sound is interesting. Most PCs beep, not click. Here I am going to guess that the speaker on the motherboard or computer case is defective and rather that beep you are just getting an electronic snap (or click).

As for the second machine it sounds like the video driver did not install correctly.
Completely uninstall all graphics card software and the driver. Then restart and try again.

And it is always better to write 2 posts. Otherwise it gets very confusing as to what question is being addressed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/229635-graphics-card-change-strange-booting-before-bios-post.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello people, Is there anyone on here who can let me know if my graphics card will fit the motherboard I am planning on buying. Thanks.

This is the motherboard - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3809#sp

This is my graphics card - http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...6770/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6770-overview.aspx#1

Please let me know soon people. Thanks.

A:Solved: Will my graphics card fit in my motherboard

Yes it work
Video Benchmark
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

But I would suggest if it is $50 different better go for 6850 instead of 6770 and if you're a Gamer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-my-graphics-card-fit-in-my-motherboard.1033558/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi So I have finally decided to buy a new graphics card the one I am thinking of is the HIS HD it Motherboard will - work? Card my Graphics on HIS HD MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card H F G M with FREE Graphics Card on my Motherboard - will it work? FARCRY Hitman Absolution Sleeping Dogs amp off MOH Warfighter PC Games H F G M The only problem is I am not sure if it will actually fit on my motherboard Graphics Card on my Motherboard - will it work? as it may come in Graphics Card on my Motherboard - will it work? the way of the Ram sticks This is the motherboard that I have TH B HD Motherboard BIOSTAR I opened up my case today and I took a few pictures so hopefully someone could help me out and let me know if it would work or not Thanks Pics of motherboard hope it helps img http s cpl i vdn S jpg img img http s osql u fv S jpg img img http s nst lp S jpg img img http s ujlcxb tn S jpg img img http s ivrb reor S jpg img img http s o g gw l S jpg img

A:Graphics Card on my Motherboard - will it work?

It won't interfere with the RAM slots.

The components on a PCI-E card mount on the side that's away from the CPU. The 7950 is a dual slot card, so you'd cover the PCI-E X1 slot that's nearest the X16 slot.

Two questions:

What kind of power supply do you have? You'd need at least 500W, with two 6 pin PCI-E auxiliary power connectors.

Can your case handle a card that is 275 mm (10.8") long? The card is longer than the width of your micro-ATX motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/268087-graphics-card-my-motherboard-will-work.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a XFX XG31i motherboard and am looking at buying the nVidia GTX 560 graphics card. Can anyone tell me if the card is compatible with the motherboard, or do I need to upgrade it as well?
Thanks

A:Graphics Card - Motherboard Compatibility

It should be compatible, my only concern would be this is a double-height card so if you had something in the adjacent slot space could be an issue.
A bigger concern is your power supply - does it have the required connectors and does it meet the power requirements of the card? It requires a 500w PSU, but you would be better off with a qood quality higher wattage unit.

edit: it looks like it comes with the molex to six-pin adapters, but you still need four free molex connectors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-motherboard-compatibility.1033015/
Relevancy 62.35%

I wanted to know if this motherboard: Gigabyte GA-73VM-S2 can support this graphics card: GIGABYTE GEFORCE 210 GV-N210D3-512I 512MB PCI-E RETAIL

thanks in advance!

P.S. the reason why i want to buy this graphics card is to play Counter-Strike Source better... so if anyone got any good suggetion plz let me know

A:Can this motherboard support this graphics card?

I assume you already have the motherboard..if so the card should be fine..if not its also fine.Don't have to be anything over the top to run CS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/93969-can-motherboard-support-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm building my first computer. I bought a GeForce GTX 660 ti graphics card and a Biostar TZ77A motherboard. The computer boots up fine without the graphics card, but when I do plug it in, the monitor goes black ("no signal"), and I am unable to do anything. I cannot install the GTX 660 ti drivers without the unit being connected, and cannot connect the unit without the monitor going blank. Catch 22.

I called EVGA and they thought it might be a motherboard compatibility issue. Tried to update the drivers for the mobo, but not sure which ones need it. Tried to contact Biostar's non-existant customer service, and eventually navigated to a page with a number that is out of service. Not sure what to do- any help much appreciated!

System:
i5-3750k
Biostar T-series TZ77A motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 ti graphics card
750 Watt Silencer MK II
OCZ SSD 120 Gb

A:Help! Graphics card incompatible with Motherboard?

how are you trying to connect VGA or HDMI also you might want to check if you have the VGA connected to the DVI because there not the same

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/249844-help-graphics-card-incompatible-motherboard.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone, sorry for troubling you guys again, I'm a tech noob, so I need help.

If I were to buy an ASUS motherboard. Am I required to buy an ASUS GPU with it or could I just buy one from MSI or EVGA to use on my ASUS motherboard?

A:Would the graphics card have to be the same brand as the motherboard?

You can buy any brand you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279755-would-graphics-card-have-same-brand-motherboard.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I don't know how to tell, and there's not much I could find online that could tell me. My computer has a Gateway FX6800-01e motherboard and I'm looking at buying a GeForce GTX 760 graphics card on sale.

This has come about mainly because I realized I need an upgrade after Star Wars Battlefront refused to run on my computer, so if it's not compatible, are there any other suggestions that are? The minimum specs required are either GeForce GTX 660 2GB or ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/386454-graphics-card-compatible-my-motherboard.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Im going to buy a new motherboard and graphics card for my computer, just wanted some advice cause i dont know what the hell i am on about.
I have three choices in motherboard and have just settled for a graphics. they are as followed

Motherboards:
GA-M61PME-S2P
GA-G31M-ES2L
GA-EP41-UD3L

Graphics card:
ASUS GeForce 9400GT

Is there any compatibility problems here... and does anyone think that any of these are a bad choice.....

A:motherboard and Graphics card advice

What advice are you wanting?

All 3 motherboards old and have no relationship to each other. 1 uses old AMD, 2 use old core2 cpus.

The 9400GT isn't much of a gaming card... almost might as well use a good onboard video from a decent motherboard... something like the AMD 785G board... a 760G is a bit slower for onboard graphics.

They are bad choices for a "new" system. Not good for gaming and odd-ball for a basic computer.

So what are you trying to do? Work with used parts you have on hand? Are the PSUs you have now compatible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-and-graphics-card-advice.907330/
Relevancy 62.35%

hello i'm new here and i already have a question ...

this is my motherboard:- http://www.asrock.com/product/product_k7vt2.htm - its getting on a bit but i'm very happy with it. i currently have the nvidia geforce4 mmx440 graphics card which is fine and so far hasn't given me that much trouble with gaming provided i keep the drivers updated.

BUT i want to play lego star wars the video game on my pc and my current graphics card doesn't support pixel shader version 1.0. can anyone recommend a card that supports pixel shader without my having to replace the motherboard? seems from my research so far that most of the nvidia 6600 and upwards card that i think i need are AGP 8x which my motherboard doesnt support.

can anyone help?

A:graphics card + motherboard compatibility

Ive heard of alot of people having problems trying to run 6600GT at 4x. But the best match for your system would be a 9800 Pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-motherboard-compatibility.35198/
Relevancy 62.35%

Well i have recently been upgrading my computer, as this is my first time doing so, im not buying complete top of the range stuff yet. I have ran into a little problem whilst installing the graphics card.

My motherboard is and ECS K8M890M-M and the graphics card im trying to put in it is an Asus 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 now when i put it in and plug it all in, the fan on the graphics card works but the motherboard cant seem to detect the card. As this is my first time trying to build a computer i am completely lost as where to go now.

Could someone let me know if they can find out wether they are even compatible, i thought they where but i have very little knowledge about this stuff.

A:Graphics card / Motherboard Problem

Prolly need to plug a power jumper into the back of vid card. If you don't have a power supply with the correct connection you may need to get a molex to 6 pin jumper. Newegg.com has them for like 3 bucks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-motherboard-problem.98006/
Relevancy 62.35%

Few days ago I upgraded my old system with a Motherboard CPU and x GB card Motherboard but working Graphics New not Corsair RAM everything is working fine except the computer doesn t seem to recognize my graphics card so it s forced to use the M B integrated one which is a nVidia New Motherboard but Graphics card not working GeForce nVidia nForce a When I New Motherboard but Graphics card not working first booted the computer my VGA cable was in my graphics card even though my monitor said no signal I had no choice but to put the VGA cable into the M B just to set up BIOS and get everything running New Motherboard but Graphics card not working I ve made sure all hardware was installed properly and is seated correctly but it just doesn t work Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated Old System Motherboard Intel GC Express x PCI-Express x GB sec transfer Intel Pentium GHz Dual-Core O S Windows Vista -bit Home Basic Memory Dual Channel DDR MHz GB DDR x GB Kingston and Rambo HDD Western Digital GB M N WD AAJS- L A P S ISO W M N ISO-P LPP Graphics Card GeForce GT M N N GT- DZ- - New System Motherboard ASUS M N T-M V http www techbuy com au p MOTHERBOARD AMD SOCKET AM ASUS M N T-M V asp CPU AMD Phenom II GHz Dual-Core O S Windows Vista -bit Home Basic RAM Corsair GB x GB HDD Western Digital GB M N WD AAJS- L A P S ISO W M N ISO-P LPP Graphics Card GeForce GT M N N GT- DZ- - nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have an Asus P5N-D Motherboard and a GeForce GTX 260 Video Card, but when I connect my monitor i get no signal. Do i need to use a different video card until i set up the O/S and the driver for the GeForce GTX 260 Video Card.

A:Is my graphics card compatible with my motherboard?

Do you have this board? If so, then the card should run just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-compatible-with-my-motherboard.136065/
Relevancy 62.35%

i was thinking about buying this EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support at TigerDirect.com

for this Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H AMD 880G Motherboard - Micro ATX, Socket AM3, AM 880G Chipset, 1600MHz (O.C.), SATA 3.0 Gb/s, RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN at TigerDirect.com

and i was just wondering if that would work or not.
cuz i want boosted graphics for my games and stuff.

A:can i install a graphics card to this motherboard?

Gigabyte makes a good board
And yes that card will install just fine. (PCI Express) I don't know Nvidia drivers so much perhaps someone that does can chime in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/143109-can-i-install-graphics-card-motherboard.html
Relevancy 62.35%

First off I hope this is the right forum to be posting in my apologies if it isn t So a couple of times in the last month or so my computer has crashed whilst gaming the display went all weird - random colours pixels green lines etc and the system froze up each time I restarted and it was all OK again Yesterday it crashed but when restarted it wasn t OK the display messed up a few minutes into operation each time Many times it s messed up from the moment it s switched on On the occasions it starts up OK and then crashes the whole system freezes On the occasions it s messed up from power on I can still use my machine but it s difficult to use because of the display Is PSU/Graphics Card/Motherboard my dying? Uninstalling updating rolling back drivers on the graphics card had no effect and the fan on the card is working fine although it never goes above - I don t know if this is normal or not The temperature on the card is also fine There appear to be no lose connections inside the machine I ve run a memtest which shows no problems there I ve checked my voltages which show v on the v v on the v and I can t seem to Is my PSU/Graphics Card/Motherboard dying? get any results on the v I get periods of time of varying length when I can use Is my PSU/Graphics Card/Motherboard dying? my computer just fine with no issue and then the problem usually occurs like this - In the middle of operation usually when I m doing something graphically intense but not always the graphics go weird and the system freezes - I switch the power off and on again It starts up with the graphical problem still present but the computer is usable I start in Safe Mode It often displys a quot Windows has recovered from an error quot message when I sign back in - I disable and uninstall the Graphics Card and restart the computer - Using the onboard graphics at this point the graphical problem still often persists I run Windows in normal mode and reinstall the graphics card - I restart the computer and run it in normal mode using my Graphics Card It generally starts up fine but then crashes and freezes about a minute after sign in - I repeat steps - Usually if the graphical problem is no longer persisting at stage then it will no longer crash at stage and I have a few hours of computer use because the problem occurs again Anyone have any suggestions advice Some people have advised me that it s likely to be the graphics card others are sure it s the PSU Being not particularly rich I don t want to fork out to replace the wrong part The fact that it often persists after uninstalling the Graphics Card reverting to onboard would suggest that the card isn t the problem although I can t be sure as I can t physically remove the card because there s nowhere to plug my monitor in on the motherboard I ve been using this system for nearly years now my card is a MSI GeForce GT MB my motherboard is an ASUS S Intel P I was running -bit Vista I did a clean -bit Windows install today and the problem still occurs with no more or less frequency My PSU is a rubbishy W one that came with the case Many many thanks to anyone kind enough to help nbsp

A:Is my PSU/Graphics Card/Motherboard dying?

Stat by replacing the power supply with a quality supply of 650 watts or better

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-psu-graphics-card-motherboard-dying.136868/
Relevancy 62.35%

I had a GT working fine on my computer but sometimes it would freeze my games and i would require a restart I decided to RMA my card and the next one I got became worse I had lines everywhere and windows would start and than it would go blank To get it working I had to push down the front or card problem? Motherboard Graphics right Graphics card or Motherboard problem? corner of my graphics card for it to work properly I decided to try out a gt and it came up clear but after - minutes it started having lines everywhere I restarted my comp and my monitor was blank and couldnt connect with the graphics card I held down the gt on the front right side and pushed down and than my screen would show up I had to do this everytime for it to work Sometimes it will take several attempts of pushing the graphics card down for it to work recently my windows boots with red green colorful lines everywhere I took both graphics card to a friends house it came up with the same problem but didnt have to push down on the graphics card on his comp should i buy a new graphics card and see if it still works or do i need to get a new mobo too My comp parts Asus A N-E Mobo antec watt evga geforce gt and gt both defected now amd ahtlon gb ocz ram nbsp

A:Graphics card or Motherboard problem?

silly question, but does the AGP/PCI-e slot have a sliding card lock on it? If so, make sure its being used.

Also, as above, use the motherboard as a variable: put the card in another PC. If it works, then its the mother board. If it doesnt, then its the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-or-motherboard-problem.100578/
Relevancy 62.35%

hiya

I have a motherboard capable of 2x AGP speed, a graphics card capable of at least 2x, but no way of changing the speed from 1x in the bios. I have the latest bios for this mobo. Is there any other way (jumper settings or otherwise) of changing this.

mobo - MS-6191 (bios 1.6)
graphics - MSI G4MX-440T

A:motherboard/agp/graphics card/bios?

Make sure that you installed the VIA AGP driver in 'Turbo' mode - otherwise you will be restricted to AGP1X only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-agp-graphics-card-bios.85391/
Relevancy 62.35%

Greetings !

I am using a voodoo 3 3000 card in my asus p5a-b motherboard , Proc Amd k6/2 450

1. Will a gforce 4 mx 440 work on this board ?
2. will a fx 5700 work on this board ?
3. Please explain about the power requirements of certain agp cards/slots and ther dangers of a wrong combination

I am a little concerned about the power of the agp slot, and I can't seem to find the details in the manual.
Pls help

faiz

Relevancy 62.35%

Hey everyone bit of a stupid question here but anyway My graphics card is a NVIDIA gt here are its specs Core clock MHz Memory clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Total available graphics MB Dedicated video memory MB DDR System video memory MB Shared system video MB Bus AGP x I was wondering what would be the best hardware I could use along with card to get all of its power I m not saying this because I m a cheap-skate who doesn t want to buy a new PCI express card its Graphics Help Solved: Card/Motherboard just this Solved: Graphics Card/Motherboard Help card is plenty Solved: Graphics Card/Motherboard Help good enough for my needs the most I ever want it to do is run Dawn of War at medium to high settings So what would be the best motherboard chipset power supply unit ect to run this card be I know its a POS AGP card but as I said its all I want I m not a hardcore gamer just a regular guy who likes to play the odd computer game at reasonable quailty Any help on this would be greatly appreciated and please no answers like quot just get a new computer agp is years outdated quot I m well aware of this fact but unlike a lot of people who use this site I m not a hardcore gamer looking for max performance and picture quality If you need me to provide any other specs please ask Thanks Robert nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Gigabyte Technology GA-8IPE1000 AGP 8X / DUEL CHANNEL DDR
INTEL 865PE CHIPSET Motherboard and a 2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 Processor.
I need a new graphics card that can run the Oblivion game. What would be the best graphics card for my motherboard? Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Motherboard / Graphics Card Compatibility

Inertia22 said:

I have a Gigabyte Technology GA-8IPE1000 AGP 8X / DUEL CHANNEL DDR
INTEL 865PE CHIPSET Motherboard and a 2.40 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 Processor.
I need a new graphics card that can run the Oblivion game. What would be the best graphics card for my motherboard? Any advice and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!Click to expand...

check the games website. it should tell you min performance specs for the computer/card to run the game.

it sounds like you're using onboard video and it depends if you have an agp and or pci slots as to what will be available.

a lot of computers with ob video/sound don't have a lot of options for upgrades.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-graphics-card-compatibility.456002/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently built a new computer and when i went to turn it on for the first time the DVI output on my graphics card wasnt showing anything, so instead i just connected it to the DVI port on my motherboard and everything seemed to work fine (i assumed i needed to install the driver for it to work). I then proceeded and installed Windows 7 64-bit and then proceeded with the mothboard drivers. After that was done i attempted to install the graphics card drivers. The installer came up, but it could not detect my graphics card.

The fans on the card are spinning and the cords are connected properly, it just doesnt register on my windows 7 or for that matter in the BIOS.

My specs are as follows:
Thermaltake 775watt Toughpower XT Power Supply
ASUS Radeon HD6950 1GB
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.4 GHz
Patriot Gamer 16GB DDR3 1600GHz
ASUS P8Z86-M-Pro Motherboard
Antec 920 Watercooler Kit

Please help

A:My motherboard isn't registering my graphics card

The graphics card should show a display without installing drivers. Initially it should work in a basic mode with the Windows generic graphic drivers.

Did you connect the external power connectors to the graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-motherboard-isnt-registering-my-graphics-card.174892/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello

i have this Motherboard in my computer :

MSI P67A-C43 B3 Intel P67 Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Intel P67 Express, DDR3 2133MHz (O.C.), SATA 6.0 Gb/s, Gigabit LAN, 1 x PCI-Express x16, USB 3.0

As of now i have a ( Geforce GTX 560 Ti ) and i would like to buy a new graphics card for my PC ...

i was wondering what Ge-Force Graphics card can i buy ? cause i don't want to buy a graphics card and it's not compatible

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 62.35%

I am considering Chipset Graphics Card Motherboard upgrading my Motherboard Chipset Graphics Card computer I am looking at either keeping my current board and putting a new video card ram and cpu in Or getting a new am board and putting a cpu and ram in I am looking at this motherboard http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E I like it because it has integrated dvi geforce graphics but gives no details on it I would like to know how much ram does this integrated graphics have does the s perform well for moderate low-res gaming and would it be better than a geforce mx pci graphics card with mb ram which is what i have right now I would have more to blow on a new motherboard if i went that route because i could sell my old board with reg ddr and agp X I know that i would get better performance benifets if i stayed with my current board and got a xt mb radeon agp card but how much of a benifet would it be and would it be worth sacrificing a little performance to get better upgradebility Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

will I have any trouble using this card with my ASUS m3a32-mvp deluxe motherboard? thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/386599-will-graphics-card-work-my-motherboard.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello As you can see by my post count I m new to the TS forums I ve been reading the forums a lot but never considered joining until today Now if you must know I get down to business quickly And uh my english isn t top notch but I guess it s okay enough to be understood I live in china so you understand right days ago I booted up my pc and got to the loading screen of windows and after it was loaded and got everything packed and loaded my screen went blank and didn t get any signals I ve read the other posts from people with this problem too and I didn t really get any help I ve also googled about a hundred websites and didn t find anything that helped My rigs Pentium Processor GHz Windows Vista Business Edition GB DDR RAM Winfast PX GT TDH Extreme Direct X Princeton Monitor compatibility Motherboard/Graphics Card quot Motherboard/Graphics Card compatibility Intel G GL PV mobo I guess these are the only things that can affect display right So I ve run some tests I ve noticed that during the periods where the graphics drivers aren t loaded yet that the graphic card works fine Meaning during the system startup and the logo screen everything s okay Also the graphic card works in safemode too simply because the driver s not implemented If I uninstall the driver completely the card can get through the logo screen but everything s lags and I can t really get anything done So I took my card for fixing and the people at the store said there was nothing externally or internally wrong with the card and maybe just something wrong with the mobo or driver Btw if there s something internally wrong with a graphics card there would be no signal sent to the monitor and if there s something externally wrong then there s automatically something internally wrong So yeah nothing wrong with the graphics card I ve downloaded about different kinds of drivers all from different sites and I ve virus scanned with the latest Ad-Aware SE and found no viruses The only option I m left with is that the graphics card and the mobo have a conflict somewhere The onboard card is already disabled and has been for about months I seems strange that this should happen now Solutions I ve tried so far Dusting Reinstalling Drivers Reinstalling OS Re-Plugging card Updating mobo Mobo Monitor Nothing works I only have this one graphics card and the onboard graphics card is okay too My last solution is Is there anything way to get this graphics card to mix in with my mobo I don t have enough money to get a new mobo graphics card and just enough to fix it which is already at least dollars Mind you I live in China Thank you for your time in reading this and I hope to get an answer sometime soon -Name too stupid for these forums nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-graphics-card-compatibility.68986/
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm currently looking at a computer, considering purchasing it.
It has an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD motherboard, and also, according to the builder, a Sapphire Radeon X1900XTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 video card.

Now, I've also been told that the Radeon video card couldn't work in the motherboard with an nVidia chipset.

So, I'd kind of like to know, can the aforementioned video card work with the aforementioned motherboard?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I bought a computer brand new off ebay it worked a treat I then bought a few bits and pieces DVD RW drive memory card reader etc and installed them they work fine However when I put the GT in the motherboard and plugged everything in it refused to boot fans spinning etc but nothing on screen A friend had a look and told me that my power supply was too low My friend also tried the graphics card on his Card Problems!Help please! Motherboard/Graphics computer and it worked fine So having bought a new watt PSU I tried again but the same thing happened Having done research on the internet I found out that the PCIe slot on my motherboard I had been using quot wasn t backwards compatible quot or words to that effect That motherboard is a small MSI not sure of exact model I then bought a new motherboard off Aria Motherboard/Graphics Card Problems!Help please! ASUS P KPL-VM which should have worked with my graphics card etc I plugged it in and wired everything together and with or without the GT my computer doesn t boot the CPU fan is also running at about half speed Is this something wrong with this motherboard Any suggestions about the graphics card Can it Motherboard/Graphics Card Problems!Help please! work on my old motherboard etc Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Chris nbsp

A:Motherboard/Graphics Card Problems!Help please!

Something there in that relationship between the board and the video card.
Sounds like time to go back to the most simple install, then add components until the problem reappears.
Have you thoroughly checked out the video graphics driver, even going back to a previous driver?
I would go over the board with a strong light and a magnifing glass to search for that tell tale burnished look.
How good is the quality of the power supply?
All plugs and cable been removed and reseated. Memory been tested in another board? Or one at a time on that board?
This is sometimes the period when you miss the obvious. Get away from it for a day, and come back with a good meal and plenty of rest. You may be just missing something that you might easily see next time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-graphics-card-problems-help-please.104648/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I am trying to get a home built PC up and running It has the following specs - ECS KV Lite Motherboard - AMD Athlon CPU - GB SATA hard Drive - GB DDR PC Motherboard PSU, or problem card Graphics RAM - MB ATI X AGP Graphics Card I know the SATA drive PSU, Motherboard or Graphics card problem graphics card and RAM work perfectly as I am using it in my current set up Socket AMD Athlon When I put everything together using the socket board and the CPU then it PSU, Motherboard or Graphics card problem all goes Pete Tong basically it sounds like it is booting up - fans work etc but I get no picture on the screen it is completely blank and the monitor comes up with a quot no signal quot message I was thinking that it is possibly the PSU I have three altogether I only have a w PSU in the machine I m currently using It is a micro ATX case When I try using my current setup in my other standard ATX case with either the w or w PSU it doesn t work Put it all back in the micro ATX case with the w PSU and everything works I can t use the Micro ATX case with the mobo as the mobo is too big I tried taking the w PSU out of the micro ATX case and putting it in the standard ATX case with the amp setup and nothing worked at all no CPU fan or lights came on Just the PSU fan was turning possiby not enough power to start it Before I splash out on a new PSU any ideas of what my problem could be I don t believe the motherboard to be faulty I was thinking graphics card but it works in this PC although I did have problems to begin with getting black screen and quot mode not supported quot message Resolved this by downloading new drivers and fiddling with the bios The motherboard doesn t have onboard graphics like my board which is shame incase I need to fiddle with the BIOS again to get it to work Both the w and w PSUs showed no signs of failure when I used them previously no bangs or burning smells like I thought you were supposed to get when one failed I ve hit a blank wall in trying to think through what the problem could be and my only idea left is to get another PSU Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:PSU, Motherboard or Graphics card problem

read the "NO post" guide in the guides forum.
ensure your case can fit a PSU of adequate size. Do not try to use an underpowered PSU on a new system - you can fry stuff.
The PSU is perhaps one of the most important components in a new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-motherboard-or-graphics-card-problem.78629/
Relevancy 62.35%

Nvidia quadro k620 graphics card
Killer Fatal1ty z97 mother board with onboard hdmi

Ok, so Im extremely new to the tech world, and I just built my first computer. I've been using my tv as my monitor via my hdmi cable. I plugged in my graphics card to my pcie slot and then my hdmi wouldn't work. I kind of assumed that the video card was overriding the onboard graphics. No problem - i plugged in a spare monitor to install the nvidia drivers, and I assumed I was done. Went to plug in the hdmi cable to the motherboard hdmi slot and it's not working. Am I stuck with using the two ports that are attached to the k620? Or can I use my motherboard hdmi port still? This is going to ruin me if I can't use the hdmi.

Thanks in advance

A:new graphics card - now I can't use motherboard hdmi

You can only use the new video card.

Why are you using a Quadro K620 ?

NVIDIA Quadro K620

You need a dvi to hdmi cable, but that won`t transmit sound, hope that is not an issue. (TV speakers suck)

What is the exact make and model of the PC ?

If you were happy with the PC, then why install the K620 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/364785-new-graphics-card-now-i-cant-use-motherboard-hdmi.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I have a second PC with an older motherboard a Gigabyte GA- WMM Gz Celeron mb SDRAM - these are the max poss for this system which has mb of on-board graphics I d like Motherboard graphics PCI card compatability and to juice the graphics capabilities up a bit Motherboard and PCI graphics card compatability for what I use it for as it struggles playing media The graphics card expansion slot is an ISA one and the compatable cards are typically only about mb or mb Therefore I was thinking about using a PCI graphics card mb or mb Before I purchase a PCI graphics card are there any compatability issues I should be aware of Like a reason why I can t buy a modern PCI graphics card I ve included a bit more of a Motherboard and PCI graphics card compatability spec on the motherboard below Your help as always is greatfully appreciated eVILR The Gigabyte GA- WMM Intel socket motherboard Introduction Based on the Intel AGPset the new Gigabyte GA- WMM socket motherboard uses a PV onboard D D graphic card Mb display cache as well as an onboard optional Yamaha PCI sound card Contrarily to many other i boards the GA- WMM has ISA expansion slot A DFP Digital Flat Panel connector is also available Motherboard and PCI graphics card compatability as an option on this motherboard Some other very interesting features such as Auto Speed Down and CPU temperature overheating and fan failures monitoring are also supported on this motherboard But one of the most interesting feature of this motherboard is the DUAL BIOS feature as recently developed for the slot GA-BX motherboard With this feature you no longer have to be afraid to lost your BIOS as it can always be restored from the backup BIOS Let s have a detailed look on this new product from Gigabyte in the suite of this article Features As previously mentioned the GA- WMM possesses an onboard Yamaha PCI optional sound card as well as a D D graphic card with Mb of D display cache memory The expansions possibilities of the GA- WMM are including PCI slots ISA slot one AMR audio modem riser interface slot DIMM memory sockets supporting up to Mb of memory two Ultra DMA Bus Master IDE channels one gameport as well as optional DFP and TV-out connectors The clock frequency of the GA- WMM can be selected within a range extending from Mhz to Mhz including and Mhz The clock multiplier goes from X up to X in X increments Other features found on the GA- WMM motherboard are Dual BIOS technology Keyboard Power On Mouse Power On PS mouse and keyboard connectors Wake-On-LAN Wake-On modem ring RTC alarm USB connectors IrDA RX TX header optional suspend to RAM UDMA ACPI APM suspend wake-on mode and hardware monitoring nbsp

A:Motherboard and PCI graphics card compatability

i have never had any problems with PCI graphics cards and older mobos, that is what my parents have on their computer.

Its cool that your computer has the ISA slot, definitly don't see those alot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-and-pci-graphics-card-compatability.331283/
Relevancy 62.35%

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...46&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&product=3339276&lang=en

Okay, so I plan to buy my first graphics card. Got any tips? I want one that can support Duel Monitors, DX10 compatable, at least 256 MB. Preferably under $100, but I'll be willing to bump it up a little higher.

A:Solved: graphics card for this motherboard?

What games do you want to play/what programs do you want to use? What resolution? Also, tell your power supply model, that will be the only limiting factor here, there's thousands of new and old cards to choose from for you. I would assume your power supply is insufficient and you need a new one(reason: that board comes in a pre-built system and they have crappy power supplies).
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008
Graphics card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150247
That would be enough for you if you don't want to play the latest games. 100 $ after MIRs.
If you want to play some new games, get Radeon 4670 instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127383

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card-for-this-motherboard.776988/
Relevancy 62.35%

Basically I keep getting Ialmrnt5 display driver errors, even after reinstalling drivers and such, whenever I play WoW.

Thing is, I've had this PC for years and I've been playing Warcraft for about 9 months and never had this problem.

Either way I know I need a new graphics card, the only problem is that my PC was a ****ty one bought from PC world that has an integrated sound & graphics card.

Is there anyway of getting a new video/graphics card without buying a new motherboard/processor?

Also, if I do need to buy a new Motherboard, can you recommend me a decent but affordable one that I can upgrade with better VIdeo cards in the future (yeah, I know, I suck when it comes to computer hardware)

A:Graphics card/motherboard advice/help.

That all depends on what your motherboard is and what it supports in the way of graphics cards!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-motherboard-advice-help.67996/
Relevancy 62.35%

Heya guys Just a question on an update on my graphics card and Motherboard Basically my Graphics card is rubbish its NVIDIA GeForce LE it cant run gears of war on medium detail - - nevermind Crysis Anyways i wanna and Question Graphics Motherboard Card update my graphics card to a NVIDIA GeForce GTS But i cannot as my motherboard cannot hold PCI-E cards which sucks I didnt choose any of the Components in my computer as i went to a store that i know really well and said i wanted this ect at that time i didnt really have a clue on What type off motherboard i wanted or Graphics card i wanted as i just wanted my own computer as i was driving me mum n dad nuts on the downstairs computer Now because The motherboard i have at the moment does not support PCI-E ports im going to have to get a new motherboard that supports PCI-E Graphics cards x and or PCI Ports for my wireless card and then i want the GeForce GTS card aswell to go along with the motherboard but the question im really bugged about is Can The RAM CD DVD drive Power supply Proccessor and Fans and all that work with the Motherboard i get in the end The one im looking at the moment is quot eVGA LGA ATX Motherboard -CK-NF -A nForce i Ultra SLI Chipset Supports Intel Core Extreme Quad Duo CPUs DDR quot link - http www directron com cknf a html The company i go to will get me the components cheaper i just need to know the actual Motherboard Graphics Card i want that will support the games im wanting to play and all the other Motherboard and Graphics Card Question components such as the Ram as Motherboard and Graphics Card Question listed above IF you have any idea s on a good motherboard or Graphics Card that will do me better than the ones i listed above and will support my other components PLEASE i beg you to link them Thanks for you time in reading my post all comments are extremely appreciated Soulix -EDIT -- If you need the Serial codes for the other components im wanting to use in the motherboard ill be glad to have a lil look- nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hey All, i currently own a Dell Vostro 410 desktop and was wondering if my motherboard supports SLI?
Board: Dell Inc. 0J584C A00
If it is not SLI compatible, is there anyway of making it SLI without changing the motherboard.
If the answer is no to the above... then do you suggest i overclock my 512 mb Nvidia 8800GT or just buy a new graphics card with double the memory... the real problem is that i want to enjoy playing high intensive games at 1680x1050 but at the same time not get graphics lag.
Lastly, any suggestions of good graphics card with the budget of ?1-?90

A:Graphics Card/Motherboard Question

I don't think it is SLI compatible, and the only way to change that is to upgrade the motherboard.

If you can stretch to an extra ?10 or so, (?15 including postage on scan.co.uk), then I'd recommend this card GS-250X-YDFC - 512MB XFX GTS 250, PCI-E 2.0 (x16), Mem 256Bit 2200 MHz, GDDR3, GPU 738 MHz, HDTV/DVI, Retail - Scan.co.uk. Or you could get something like an ATI Radeon 4850 as well Computer Hardware - All - GPU - ATI - Scan.co.uk, but again you'd need to stretch your budget a bit more.

The only card you could upgrade to in that price range is a 9800GT or something, but that won't really give you a noticable difference over your 8800GT.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/224077-graphics-card-motherboard-question.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I just upgraded my motherboard from the m4a78 to the asus m5a78L. However i now have issues with FPS lag that I never had with the older motherboard ?

Am i missing something here because surely updating to a much newer motherboard shouldn't have issues ?

Thanks for any help I receive

A:graphics card compatibility with new motherboard

Actually, yeah, it would...sometimes you'll be forced to reinstall Windows from scratch if it can't adjust to the new motherboard.
Did you perform such a reinstall? Did you install the correct chipset drivers for the new board?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192289-graphics-card-compatibility-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys,

I need help choosing a graphics card that would be right for my motherboard I'm looking for something that has DirectX 11 Support and 40GB + memory bandwidth

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2314#ov

That's the motherboard i currently have

Thanks

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone A friend of mine a little over a year ago enlisted the help of another friend to design and build a computer System Specs - Motherboard - ASUS M A T-E - Processor - AMD Quad Core have not removed heatsink to see specifics did not check while PC was running sorry - Video - ATI Radeon HD - Ethernet Adaptor - On-board Atheros PCI-E Ethernet Controller driver was up to date - Western Digital Caviar graphics Dying or card? motherboard Green SATA T HDD - Super Writemaster Speedplus DVD Combo drive - Dying motherboard or graphics card? LSP Ultra w ATX PSU - RAM - x Patriot PSD G GB PC sticks GB total - OS - Windows Home -bit however she does NOT have a windows disc she says she purchased a license she definitely has a working Key but has no disc no backup etc gt lt She claims everything was great for a few months - before she started having a lot of BSOD issues which she of course didn t have recorded She is not terribly comupter literate and chose to ignore the errors Eventually she had to stop using her computer because she would boot the fans would start and she would have no video This problem was intermittant and when the video did work the computer would behave as it had some period of use and then BSOD and usually following the BS no video When I found out about her issues I offered to do some basic troubleshooting I am not a computer tech I have limited experience - some just limited - but she didn t have the funds to send the PC to the shop She does not have an internet connection so I brought the PC home with me along with all her peripherals Initially the PC booted into windows and only BS d in intervals I was able to get a copy of Kaspersky installed she had no AV scans revealed nothing so I continued I ran an error-check scan disk of her primary drive her other drive is an external USB currently disconnected After disk check I ran a defrag Both completed fine I then check the past weeks worth of errrors in her event log There were three repeat offenders x D STOP Error x D DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x STOP Error x PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x FE STOP Error x FE BUGCODE USB DRIVER this one only - times over the weeks The only BS s I encountered during this time were the first two both happening at seemingly random times I did not have any trouble with the video My original thought was that there was some issue with the video card or video driver So I uninstalled the video card and reinstalled updating the driver to the newest available fromk ATI I have always found that many times BS s will remedy with regular updates so I downloaded and installed all updates and service pack she had no internet All installed successfully So I began the process of waiting for the next error so I could start keeping record of when why the errors were occurring I didn t get a single one for an entire week So I brought the computer back Got the PC set up in her house again started it up everything worked fine Windows started fully and I left the machine on the entire time I stayed over about hours and no issues I bid my farewell and said if she had any more issues to write down what she was doing and what the error was Within a month the problems had escalated times the PC would turn on with no video by turn on I mean the lights come on the fans blow and the HDD spins up Monitor acts like it receives no reason to turn on stays in stand by even turning power to monitor on and off results in the monitor returning to stand by When the video did come on Windows often BS d before the log in or shortly after She had recorded the errors and they were all three of the same ones as before So I took the computer back home where I would have my own computer and tools available to help I have never been so frustrated First things first I disconnected everything inside the PC case air dusted everything reconnected the PSU video card RAM HDD and USB ports because I would have no keyboard mouse without Still no video on startup I used my ... Read more

A:Dying motherboard or graphics card?

The motherboard has on board Video .... While you say she has a 5700 Video do you mean seperate Video ...? Is that work find on the On board Video.... By the way you test both memory OK.... do you try to test the HD ... OS use Vitural Memory .... if memory not enough they will allocate part of the HD as Memory .... if the HD have bad sector it may cause this kind of problem.... I think this system may have multi problem... So see you can also check the HD.... Is not good to use WD Green as OS Drive is slow... Most people use it as DATA Drive..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dying-motherboard-or-graphics-card.1039526/
Relevancy 62.35%

I was looking at the Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 An for the life of me i cant figure out a good graphics card combination or solo for it, It has 1 PCIe X16 slot to fit the high end card then 1 PCIe X1 then two PCI slots. Its crossfire works as long as the cards are within the same chipset (so 6000 series e.g. 6570, 6670) Has anyone used or have any idea about the best way to use this motherboard? It can support an incredible CPU and A very large portion of RAM but i need to know what kind of GPU (or GPU's) i can place in it before i am willing to set myself to buy it.

Any and all help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 62.35%

Have just got GTA and find my PC slows down a lot so I thought I would upgrade my graphics card Sounded easy currently got GA- EX m b m/b card. ram ram motherboard? and into DDR you a SD Upgrading put Can graphics athlon Ghz geforce mx Was about to buy a geforce ti but thanks to this board I think it was Arris I have found my m b will only support up to a geforce mx So it looks like a new m b as well Question is can I take my Mb of SD ram and slip it into a motherboard that supports DDR ram Also a lot of the m boards Can you put SD ram into a DDR ram motherboard? Upgrading m/b and graphics card. I have looked at seem to have onboard graphics and sound If I am going to Can you put SD ram into a DDR ram motherboard? Upgrading m/b and graphics card. be putting in a new graphics card and my old soundblaster live value do I need the onboard stuff is it not adding to the cost of my m b Can anyone recommend a good card for gaming which is not expensive as a geforce is already going to cost me about Thanks in advance Jester nbsp

A:Can you put SD ram into a DDR ram motherboard? Upgrading m/b and graphics card.

Thanks Rick

I am going to go for the Asus A7A266-E, it supports 3 sd slots and 2 ddr slots. Your right I have 2*256 chips and a 128Mb chip. Add to that an Inno3d geforce 3 Ti500 64Mb DDR graphic card for a grand total of 190.

My next lame question is, how easy will it be to remove my CPU from old motherboard and install in my new one?

Thanks

Chris

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-put-sd-ram-into-a-ddr-ram-motherboard-upgrading-m-b-and-graphics-card.1790/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Dell 8300 with a ddr motherboard, and purchased a ddr2 graphics card. Are these compatible?

A:Will a DDR 2 graphics card work on a DDR motherboard?

Yes, it will... but our Dell 8300 is not DDR, it is RAMBUS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-ddr-2-graphics-card-work-on-a-ddr-motherboard.140710/
Relevancy 62.35%

Whenever my CPU gets moved or hit slightly my Graphics card stops working. I noticed the fan would turn off and I lose the signal to my monitor. It works fine sitting on its side but whenever I secure it and move my entire PC it stops working again. I've tried both slots on my MB with the same result.

My question, how can I tell if its my MB or GFX card? Or both?

Relevancy 62.35%

I have an older graphics card, GeForce 9500gt, and I would like to find out if it will be compatible to a newer motherboard, Asus A88XM-A. I have been searching for a list that would let me just compare the two, but can't find too much information for devices that are older. Lots of stuff that says how to pick a new fast card with a new fast processor, but not too much for older to older.

A:Motherboard to Graphics card compatibility

The prime requirement is to determine what type slots the motherboard has and what the video card will fit. Over the years we have progressed from ISA [no longer in use] to PCI to AGP to PCIe/PCI Express. PCIe video is usually PCIe X16. Then if the card will fit one has to determine if there are software drivers for it or if the drivers are built into the OS/Operating System, in this case Win10. Some cards of more than 2 years age work but anything much older may be hit or miss, depends upon what the maker has made available.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/61117-motherboard-graphics-card-compatibility.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I decided to build a gaming pc and have set everything up but when it came to turning it on nothing happened besides the led on the graphics card and motherboard lighting up

A:My motherboard and graphics card lights up but nothing else happens

What are your full system specs (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, GPU, PSU, HDD, and OS [32 or 64bit]?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-motherboard-and-graphics-card-lights-up-but-nothing-else-happens.194151/
Relevancy 62.35%

This is my first computer build and I am having some difficulty over which motherboard to choose or which graphics card manufacturer.
I have decided to get an intel i7 920 processor and build my computer from there. I intend to use my new computer for gaming mostly and to be able to play graphics intensive games. I would prefer if the components I choose would last well into the future.

I have considered:

an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo

and a Geforce GTX 285 graphics card - Which manufacturer???

I figured these components are central to a gaming computer.
Please give me some advice on how to make this build to work smoothly

Relevancy 61.92%

So I have a Sapphire Radeon R9 280x, and I just bought a MSI GeForce GTX 970. I also have a 500W CoolerMaster powersupply, would I need to upgrade this to 600-750W?

+note: I also bought two sticks of HyperX 16GB RAM and a Corsair H75 Hydro Series CPU Cooler.

A:Upgrade graphics card=upgrade powersupply?

Your 500 watt PSU meets the minimum requirement.... GeForce GTX 970 | Specifications | GeForce

So with that in mind....I'd say yes to a new PSU.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127463-upgrade-graphics-card-upgrade-powersupply.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I believe I ve had a motherboard failure so I ve gone and bought a nd hand m b and cpu combo off ebay to replace it The cpu that comes with it is compatible with card of compatible with graphics the motherboard? choice the motherboard apparently Will my ATI Radeon HD Series graphics card be compatible with an ASUS M A-VM V-M A choice of graphics card compatible with the motherboard? G DP-MB and AMD Athlon X socket AM CPU ADA IAA CU GHz Windsor dual core CPU Any way to find out Checked on the graphics card page http www amd com us products desk hd- Pages ati-radeon-hd- -series aspx but it doesn t tell me if it s compatible there If compatible any issues expected on windows or anything choice of graphics card compatible with the motherboard? I have to do bear in mind Will Windows find all the drivers for me and install them automatically and if so will I need to go and uninstall all my old m b drivers and any changes in the bios etc I need to do Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

hiya, need a bit of advice on the best graphics card i can get for my current (foxcon RC4107A) motherboard. It is currently running on 1gb ram, although i will be updating that as well, i believe 2GB Ram is max. Not looking for anything too fancy, but need something to use, photoshop, dreamweaver, flash, internet and some online games.

Cheers

A:Foxconn Motherboard - suitable graphics card

What's the brand name, model name, and model number of your computer?

What's the brand name, model number, and wattage of the power supply?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Considering what you want to install and how you want to use that computer, the demands on the processor, RAM, graphics, and power supply are probably going to be more than what it's capable of.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/foxconn-motherboard-suitable-graphics-card.1073628/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and I would like to start off by saying hello to everyone

Now down to business...

First of all let me give my specs:

Dell Dimension DIME521 with Windows Vista
System type: 32-bit
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 duel core processor 4000+ 2.10 GHz
Chipset: Integrated nVidia GeForce 6100/6150
Southbridge: nForce 410/430 MCP
Sensor: SMSC 830F
RAM: DDR2 Dual channel 2 gig
PSU: ??? will update.
BIOS: brand--Dell inc version--1.1.10 date--06/11/2007
blah blah blah...let me know if you need more info

My question:

I am wondering if I can install a Ati Radeon 9600xt over integrated graphics. If I can, do tell!!! If I cant, could someone please point me in the right direction to getting better graphics. Please be kind on this one, I am fairly new to PC moding.

My goal:

To be able to play games such as Half-Life2, TF2, Counterstrike source, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everyone I m new to this site and this is my first build I have everything put together and when I plugged in the PSU I was super excited to hit the switch and boot my computer Motherboard Processor without a and Solved: card? graphics however when I did I got a blank screen Looking inside of my case I saw that all fans were on including the CPU fan and every light was lit up My brother has been loosely guiding me Solved: Processor and Motherboard without a graphics card? through this process although him being in Texas and I being in Michigan that hasn t been too easy so I called gigabyte s tech support because that s the type of motherboard I have the man told me that the motherboard and CPU I have don t come with an onboard graphics card and that I need to buy one to output video at all I was already planning on doing so but my budget is low right now and I want to wait to buy a good one Solved: Processor and Motherboard without a graphics card? not some one that won t even play Civ one of my favorites and then have to upgrade later Please let me know is this true I thought motherboards came with a stock graphics card on them although I m probably wrong rookie at all of this remember I have a Gigabyte F A X-D H motherboard and AMD X K processor Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Processor and Motherboard without a graphics card?

You would need one of the A series processors to use the on board Graphics ports. Not all Motherboards have integrated Graphics Adapters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-processor-and-motherboard-without-a-graphics-card.1106673/
Relevancy 61.49%

hi, im looking to buy a new grpahics card for my comp. i was wondering will a nvidia ddr2 graphics card work on a motherboard that only hold ddr1 ram

thank you in advance,
max

A:DDR2 graphics card on ddr motherboard will it work?

Yep. Graphics RAM has absolutely nothing to do with System RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-graphics-card-on-ddr-motherboard-will-it-work.101302/
Relevancy 61.49%

iv been having problems with my computer locking up. im beginning to think that my mother board isn't compatible with my graphics card (because iv tried everything else). i have an abit ax78 mobo and 9800 GTX+ graphics card.

its my first build so i wouldn't be surprised if i overlooked something and these components aren't compatible.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 61.49%

Hey! I would like to install the ATI Radeon HD 4870 on the MSI P45 Platinum Motherboard. Is this possible?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Install Any Graphics Card On Any Motherboard?

As long as it has a PCIe x16 slot and a PSU with the right outs your good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-install-any-graphics-card-on-any-motherboard.851684/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello just recently I encountered a strange problem with my computer I m not too certain if it s a graphics card or motherboard problem The thing is I boot up my computer problems Graphics Solved: card/Motherboard and there are random dots placed around the screen Before POST where the ASUS logo is I run a P K mobo Upon booting into Windows XP Professional SP however the dots disappear I m quite sure it s a hardware problem because I tried reformatting the drive already Total reinstall of windows and the problem does not go away Another thing is the lettering wording of the Solved: Graphics card/Motherboard problems system The letters are mixed up and are somehow reversed by alphabet What I mean is the messages after POST are jumbled up by reversing random letters Example of a message the system would normally display Press any key to continueClick to expand Example of a message the system now dispalys Prerr any jey to bnnthnudClick Solved: Graphics card/Motherboard problems to expand As you can see the r s and s s in the first keyword quot Press quot are reversed because R comes one letter before S in the latin english alphabet The k and j are reversed as well following the same symptoms This problem doesn t apply to every word and as of now I have no idea how it decides to use whatever letter it uses and why some parts of a word don t apply Another thing to note is that during a windows xp reinstall after reformat the text in the Windows setup utility also behaves like this where the letters are mixed one case back The words are still comprehendible similar to how when you switch around only a few letters of a word you can still understand the meaning For these reasons I have suspected the motherboard to be faulty because windows reinstalls do nothing but then again when I entered the BIOS the words appeared in correct order Nothing was wrong with the bios so I m not sure if it s the mobo but rather the gfx card I have not tested this motherboard with another graphics card because the only one compatible with p k is the one with the potential problem right now I have yet to borrow from a friend but I thought I d try these forums first Now once I get into windows everything is fine minus the graphics card driver I can t get the graphics card drivers to install or it won t respond properly I installed the drivers straight from the CD DVD that came with the system EVGA Graphics and those worked in the past before Now they install properly and everything but after a prompt to restart the computer and after restarting the drivers won t pick up the card or vice versa It displays a quot This device cannot start Code quot in Device Manager devmgmt msc I have tried NVIDIA s site about Code s and they note the problem is because of the IRQ but I checked it by viewing as type in Device Manager and it shows up there as PCI NVIDIA GeForce GT So no problems there It seems to acknowledge the card but the thing won t run I have tried a full reformat even after that and downloaded NVIDIA s latest driver for the Series Ion universal driver but still it did not work I ve taken out the graphics card and checked for any physical problems and nothing has been fried At least to the naked eye I have never overclocked my system and I m sure my PSU is enough to take the hardware So now I m left to wonder if it s a hardware problem or not if yes can it be fixed without replacing and if not to that do I need to replace the hardware I have internet capabilities and everything is working fine besides the graphics card and weird bootup screen Hardware Software specs -ASUS P K -EVGA GeForce GT MB PCI-E -Intel Core Duo E Conroe LGA FSB - GB Kingston DDR PC Sticks - mb SATA II HDD - X DVD -RW IDE Drive - W PSU -Windows XP Professional SP -BIOS Version I can provide a system information system log in the form of nfo too if that is relevant Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I'm currently graphics BlueScreen card older to or due motherboard using an older P motherboard ASUS P S D-X and Radeon AIW with Windows Pro bit Whenever I run a game BlueScreen due to older graphics card or motherboard for a certain length of time usually a minute or two or something graphically intensive I get a blue screen error I've tried just about every solution going - BIOS - newest is - Vista drivers for graphics installed in compatibility administrator currently - Turned down W graphics features Games will play for a little while Battlefield and then the system will lock up Multitasking with graphics and Video will lock it up or right into reboot Upon reboot I'll get a Blue Screen Kernel-Power event id something about firmware needs to be updated for BIOS etc Also a WHEA-Logger I just noticed in Event Viewer Processor Core - Internal Timer Error quot Some processor performance power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware quot lt -- That's the kernel power event None of this happens under Windows XP Pro under vigorous stress testing I've tried all the power management settings in BIOS and performance mode From what I've read on these forums it's probably just better to give up as ASUS doesn't seem to be providing the BIOS required to work with Windows It's just strange that it seems linked closely to graphics as opposed to all the warnings about processor I've stress-tested the cpu and memory and they're fine Again graphics card is fine under Windows XP Any help would be greatly appreciated though but I'm close to giving up

A:BlueScreen due to older graphics card or motherboard

Quote: Originally Posted by pestul

I'm currently using an older P4 motherboard ASUS P4S800D-X and Radeon 9800 AIW with Windows 7 Pro 32bit. Whenever I run a game for a certain length of time (usually a minute or two).. or something graphically intensive I get a blue screen error. I've tried just about every solution going.

- BIOS - newest is 2006
- Vista drivers for graphics installed in compatibility/administrator (9.11 currently)
- Turned down W7 graphics features

Games will play for a little while (Battlefield 2/2142) and then the system will lock up. Multitasking with graphics and Video will lock it up, or right into reboot. Upon reboot I'll get a Blue Screen Kernel-Power event id:6 (something about firmware needs to be updated for BIOS etc). Also a WHEA-Logger I just noticed in Event Viewer (Processor Core - Internal Timer Error).

"Some processor performance power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware." <-- That's the kernel power event.

None of this happens under Windows XP Pro under vigorous stress testing. I've tried all the power management settings in BIOS and 7 (performance mode). From what I've read on these forums, it's probably just better to give up as ASUS doesn't seem to be providing the BIOS required to work with Windows 7. It's just strange that it seems linked closely to graphics as opposed to all the warnings about processor. I've stress-tested the cpu and memory and they're fine. Again, graphics card is fine under Windows XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated though.. but I'm close to giving up.

Hi and welcome

If you are getting true BSOD use these instructions to find and upload the DMP file created when you system crashed http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/48711-bluescreen-due-older-graphics-card-motherboard.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

This is the first time I have installed a motherboard, and also the first time I have installed a CPU.

The first problem I have encountered is concerning the AGP 8x graphics card.

The motherboard 'caution section' states;

Do NOT use a 3.3V AGP card on the AGP slot of this motherboard!
It may cause permanent damage!

MY QUESTION

How can I tell / find out what the voltage is, of my grapics card?

I have looked at the cards printed circuit - and the manuals on the CD but no joy.

GRAPHICS CARD
The graphics card is a: Leadtek Winfast A360 128MB and 256MB
Printed on the card: LR2982 - PCB Rev: B
AGP 8X

MOTHERBOARD
ASRock - 4Core Dual - SATA2

Any help or advice welcome.

Thank you in advance- Stephen

A:Advice on motherboard and graphics card voltage - please

Supported cards for that board can be found HERE ??question?? you have a PCIE slot why not get a PCIE Graphics card instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-on-motherboard-and-graphics-card-voltage-please.645219/
Relevancy 61.49%

About two weeks ago my XP machine got cursed by blue screens every time I ran it for more than minutes Mostly XA card, PSU, motherboard BSOD failure? graphics or possible - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and X A MEMORY MANAGEMENT errors According to BlueScreenView ntkrnlpa exe was the main culprit I tried a whole bunch of things but they didn't help Ran memtest for hours it reported no problems with RAM Updated graphics card drivers Removed all graphics card drivers System restored Repaired Windows with the installation CD tried RAM in different slots Finally I checked my hard drive with Seatools and it reported bad sectors over long tests I figured the hard drive was responsible so I bought a new one and got myself Windows for the fresh install The blue screens persist According to BlueScreenView of the minidumps are X A MEMORY MANAGEMENT errors with the main culprit being ntoskrnl exe I ran Memtest again this time for hours but again it reported no errors A bit disappointing since my RAM has a lifetime warranty My system specs are Intel Q Asus P n e-SLI Seasonic w Nvidia GTX Corsair CM X - CD Western Digital tb blue Any idea what the issue could be Could it be a failing graphics card motherboard or PSU Thanks

A:BSOD - possible graphics card, PSU, or motherboard failure?

Please download and install Who Crashed --> http://www.resplendence.com/download/whocrashedSetup.exe

Run the program and click on Analyze. When program finishes analyzing, click on OK. Then right click --> Select All --> right click Copy

Copy the content here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492653/bsod-possible-graphics-card-psu-or-motherboard-failure/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, So I wanted to upgrade my HP, added a PSU (CM M600) and a GPU (MSI GTX 960). Both of them work great when alone, but when I connect them to the HP I get to blue HP image thingy(which also displays v7.12) and it stays there forever, the pc Beebs once then stops for 0.5 seconds then beeps 3 times fast.Would really appreciate if someone can help me with this. Thanks.

A:Added graphics card, motherboard beeps.

There are a few possibilities.1) your new PSU may not be of high enough quality. I always stick with the mainstream enthusiast brands by manufacturers like Corsair, OCZ, Seasonic.  Cooler Master PSU's may not be good enough. Use Tweakers.net and check out the voedingen section.http://tweakers.net/categorie/664/voedingen/   Your desktop from 2011 is pre UEFI BIOS.  The video card is probabaly a UEFI BIOS aware model. Unfortunately, MSI does not post information on the BIOS type compatibility. There are other manufacturers, such a sapphire who do that. I would return the video card and get one that has dual BIOS type support (legacy and UEFI). Sapphire video cards r7 200 and r9 300 models  do have dual BIOS support. Some even have a switch on the card to switch to one type of BIOS for compatibility or the other. http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=C9AD846C-04C4-45F9-AA86-2DF438B89D7D&lang=eng

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Added-graphics-card-motherboard-beeps/td-p/5590042
Relevancy 61.49%

This is the link of my motherboar....... http://vr-zone.com/articles/xfx-unveiled-intel-g31-based-xg31i-board/6218.html?doc=6218

I want to know whether I can use a DDR3 Graphics card on my DDR2 motherboard and if its certain to work. Please provide detail and whether it'll be compatible.

A:Can a DDR3 graphics card run in a DDR2 Motherboard?

The DDR2 slots on the motherboard refer to the desktop RAM sticks. GDDR3 on a graphics card doesn't make any difference, it's the connector (PCI Express 2.0 probably) that slots into the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-ddr3-graphics-card-run-in-a-ddr2-motherboard.202813/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, this is my first time posting on this site.

I was having problems with a system I just built and think it might be that the video card is too new for the motherboard.

Here are the spec sites for my motherboard and video card:

Video Card: click here

Motherboard: click here

The only thing that I think might be an issue is the video card runs at 333 MHz and the motherboard runs at 266 MHz FSB. (although I was under the impression that this was okay as long as the motherboard, processor, and memory all run at the same FSB)

Thank you for any help you can give!

-Arimus

A:video graphics card/motherboard compatibility

Your board and card should be OK, your card supports AGP 8x/4x/2x and your board supports AGP4x/2x/1x so they should run together.
The reference you made to the memory is nothing to worry about because the AGP only runs at 66MHz assuming you haven't overclocked anything.
What problems are you having with your machine exactly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-graphics-card-motherboard-compatibility.14735/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello!

Recently, my desktop has been having seeming random freezes while idle/normal activity levels and the monitor turns into something like the attached images, or a solid color closest to what the screen was displaying before it crashes.

The same thing happens upon hard reset, and sometimes I am not even able to get to the BIOS. At other times, the monitor does not detect an input from the graphics card.

My current setup is as follows:
Motherboard: P55A-UD4P (No onboard graphics)/Flashed to latest firmware after having issues
Graphics: ASUS EAH5770 1GB
Monitor: Samsung P2250

I don't think its the monitor (as I've tested it with my laptop). Therefore it probably is the graphics card or motherboard. Any diagnostics/fixes for my situation?

Relevancy 61.49%

hi. i just got a new graphics card from Ebay: geforce 7300gt pci with 256 mb. i used to have a geforce fx5500 pci wit 128 mb. the 5500 fit perfectly but the new one does not. does this have to do with the new one being ddr2? i dont know how to check my motherboard, but it is inside a dell computer. So does ddr2 graphics cards require some other kind of motherboard? thanks.

Relevancy 61.49%

im having intel pentium dual core E2160 processor @1.8ghz.
and a 2gb ddr2 ram @ 667mhz
and the motherboard is GIGABYTE GA G31M-S2L. the motherboard has one PCI express x 1 slot and one PCI express x 16 slot.
the chipsets are G31 express chipset (north) and ICH7 (south).
now how can i know what are all the graphics cards compatible to it.

graphics cards have core speed and memory speed. what should be these values for moderate gaming.
do i get a driver disk and few games on purchase of graphics card.
what is the use of graphics memory. what will be the use if it is a higher value like 1gb.

A:How can we know the compatibility of graphics card with motherboard, processor and RA

Look for any graphics card that is "pci express x16" compatible.

Some gpus come with free bundled games and such.. all of them come with a driver disk, and are very easy to update from the manufacturers website.

Graphics card memory is less important than overall core, mem speed.

Ensure whatever you choose, your power supply is up to the job, as a lot of these cards require extra power to run.

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-we-know-the-compatibility-of-graphics-card-with-motherboard-processor-and-ra.155530/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I'm trying to install a Geforce fx5200 128MB graphics card (not brilliant but cheap!) into the spare agp slot on a K7N420 Pro motherboard on Mesh Matrix XP 1600 PC.

I've uninstalled the driver for the integrated 32MB Geforce graphics card but when the new graphics card is installed I just the get a blank screen with crosshairs!

I think I need to alter the Int Display First option in BIOS setup to the AGP slot before inserting the card but I am unable to select this option in the menu although I can select the other options on this menu!

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Upgrading Graphics Card on K7N420 Pro Motherboard

I just downloaded and had a quick read through your user's manual, and it sounds to me like your motherboard SHOULD be automatically changing that "Int Display First" option for you once you install the new card....

Try this just to confirm:

Take the new card out.

Boot into safe mode and go into you device manager. Find the integrated graphics driver and delete.

Turn off computer.

Put new card in , ATTACH MONITOR TO NEW CARD, and boot into your bios.

At this point, your bios SHOULD be switching that "Int Display First" option to AGP.
If not, are you able to manually switch it at this point?

Let us know how it goes.

If you are unable to, can you also give us your power supply info? Perhaps the card is not getting enough love from the PSU to power up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-graphics-card-on-k7n420-pro-motherboard.37719/
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently had my computer upgraded.....the motherboard is a MSI K8NGM2......it has onboard graphics...256MB GE Force 6100....I don't know if this is a decent card or not.....I'm looking for some suggestions on getting a new card....some of the text on some websites are a bit blurred at times....I very rarely play any games on the computer, just want a decent card...the guy at the computer store mentioned I would have to get an "Express" card....the motherboard is a socket 939.........

Thanks!!

A:can anyone recommend a decent graphics card for my motherboard

Shim if you rarely play games i think the current onboard video card is plenty enough. If you rarely play games this card should be good enogh.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-recommend-a-decent-graphics-card-for-my-motherboard.454771/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi TechSpot users I have a problem with my monitor Or I actually dont know whether it is the monitor the graphic card or perhaps my PCI-Express slot When I turn on my computer the screen is black and the little blue powerbutton Monitor, issue? graphics card, motherboard or is flashing and nothing happens when i push it I cant turn my monitor off either unless I pull the plug I ve had this problem for some time now Sometimes the screen just appears by itself Monitor, graphics card, or motherboard issue? after several hours Sometimes I sit down and push the power button repeatedly and maybe it works after a while Sometimes it helps to restart the computer When the screen works there is no problem I can play games and restart the computer and it still works I can also turn the monitor off and on I can even turn off the computer only for a couple of seconds though and it still works But if I turn of the computer and leave it for say minutes i am right back to the problem mentioned above I have tried to replace both monitor and graphic card And i ve tried to switch the digital cable with an analog ports as well of course Could it be my PCI-e slot And if so how to find out and is it repairable by the average consumer Best Regards nbsp

A:Monitor, graphics card, or motherboard issue?

What is the make and model of your monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-graphics-card-or-motherboard-issue.160223/
Relevancy 61.49%

I just recently bought and assembled my own computer, however when I turn it on I see a blank screen and can't set up BIOS nor install an OS. I checked and everything is plugged and set correctly. I have tried moving the graphics card into a new PCI slot but I still get a blank screen. I also tried to use different cables (HDMI, VGA, and DVI) but still no luck. At this point I don't know what else to do. Help?

Below are the links to my motherboard and video card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130275
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141116

A:Solved: Motherboard/Graphics card issue

i recently got a new computer also and have this problem.. the splash screen does not show up, only a message saying boot system to cd/dvd, have no clue what the problem may be.. need quick help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-motherboard-graphics-card-issue.973481/