Windows Support Forum

Monitor Response Times

Q: Monitor Response Times

So I've been looking around monitors and I'm seeing these response times like 5ms and 2ms, is there that much of a difference? That you can see at least?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Monitor Response Times

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Monitor Response Times

it depends what you're using the monitor for. A faster response time, will result in less ghosting (where you might see the image remain) while gaming and the like, while a 5ms ghosting will be more apparent, but it's not like drastic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-response-times.137304/
Relevancy 60.63%

i have posted this now 3 times does any one know how to reslove or is it just impossible?

I have win xp on a hp machine, the hard drive had some permanate bad sectors so i bought a new hdd and copied my hp hdd onto it and when i did a restore the old admin profile dont show up until you log into safe made then you cant log into it just see it you can't log into it but i can log into my new owner account by the way all my files show up as read only and like the file bde can't be erased .. i dunno if you can help but if you can...

Relevancy 60.2%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 - M CPU 1.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 254 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500, 16 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38154 MB, Free - 23196 MB;
Motherboard: IBM, 236643U, Not Available, J1P9Y2BK118
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

My IBM Thinkpad has a real slow response time when an activating key is pressed. It takes from 10 seconds to 5 minutes to get a response from the computer. I have tried cleaning it up with Advanced System Care 4 and an antivirus program, but to no avail. Nothing seems to speed it up. Can you help me?

Relevancy 60.2%

My computer response times have become so slow, I keep a book beside the keyboard to read while waiting for a program or file to load.

In an excess of caution, in addition to Norton Internet Security, I've been running SpySweeper and Sana Primary Response Safe Connect. I also run my browser and email client through DropMyRights.

Whenever I use Process Explorer to try to see what's holding things up, I always see these programs using most of the CPU and Disc time.

So, I screwed up my courage and disabled SpySweeper and Sana (and Carbonite backup, which also seems to be running all the time).

The computer is like it's New, it's running so fast.

Now the question - Does anyone feel I'm putting myself seriously at risk, using only Norton Internet Security and DropMyRights?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I am running Windows XP on my computer and have been experiencing extremely slow response times when starting up my computer and then starting specific programs such as Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer has been slower than normal when navigating between pages. I am running Norton Anti Virus and recently did system scans with Spybot and AdAware. It removed a few problems, but I have not noticed a difference in performance.

An additional problem is that an HP error message regularly appears that states "HP Framework Component Manager Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry fro the inconvenience".

Any help you could offer would be much appreciated!

Thanks, STKA

Relevancy 59.34%

At the moment, LCD monitors with 2ms response time are about twice as expensive as 8ms response time. My question is, how significant is this 6ms difference? I play a lot of FPS games and simply need to know if 8ms will do me fine, I am using CRT atm.

Regards,

Korrupt

A:Significance of response times of LCD monitors?

They have a 4ms for about 160$ on Newegg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/significance-of-response-times-of-lcd-monitors.57594/
Relevancy 59.34%

Have an older Compaq computer (3.33 GHz Processer, 512MB Ram)that over the last 2 months has slowed horribly. Opening a browser or clicking a link at times can take 1-5 min. Can hear the drive running up but there will only be one browser open and nothing else eating memory in task manager.

Have run:
Avast Antivirus - nothing found
Malwarebytes - nothing found
Super Antispyware - found 3 tracking cookies - removed
Eset - nothing found
Disk Defragmented
ATF Cleaner used weekly to clean off unecessary files

Please let me know what I can run to help clean up this computer - or see if there is anything malicious running in the background.

Thanks

A:Computer very slow response times

Hello, lets get a little info and do one more scan.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Since it's older,I'll go with XP. Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Next run Superantisypware (SAS): Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home UsersDouble-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the Scanning Control tab.Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Re... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/429925/computer-very-slow-response-times/
Relevancy 58.91%

Good day -I have completed the disinfection for my computer in preparation for a hijackthis log The problems I have had include slow keystroke response times system quot not responding quot upon launching Outlook Work Yahoo Messenger Times And Extrememly Response Responding" "not Slow as well as IE When I open the task manager to quot end quot a program the CPU usage is always up around sometimes it drops down to for a moment then it jumps back up again The biggest problem I have is that I am a screenwriter Extrememly Slow Response Times And "not Responding" and I use Final Draft software while I have several sessions of IE open and outlook The frustration lies with the delay of my keystrokes and the typed words appearing on screen At time the same problems occur with outlook when I compose an e-mail I plan to download and install Mozilla Firefox after I have downloaded the SP once my hard drive is available to accept without problems I'm not sure what the HJT scan will show Thank you for donating your time to help those of us who are less fortunate - not having a good understanding of computer related issues LisaLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS System wltrysvc exeC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Dell AccessDirect dadapp exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier G - gnotify exeC Program Files Dell AccessDirect DadTray exeC WINDOWS System WLTRAY exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www imdb com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - To... Read more

A:Extrememly Slow Response Times And "not Responding"

Hello finalact4 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.There are a couple of items with no files attached so we can clean those out while you are here.We need to disable TeaTimer so it soes not interfere with the changes we are going to make.Start Spybot-S&D.Go to the Mode menu, and make sure Advanced Mode is selected.On the left hand side, choose Tools and then click on Resident.Uncheck Resident TeaTimer and choose OK for any furhter prompts.Restart your computer.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - (no file)Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.After reading through your other posts in the XP forum it appears that the problem lies with Norton (which is not uncommon). If Norton was running when SP2 was installed it probably was corrupted. I would suggest completely removing all Symantec/Norton products and then reinstalling them fresh. Remove these installed programs using Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel:Click Start.Click Control Panel.Double-click Add or Remove Programs.Look in the Currently installed programs box for each program listed below and if it is there:Click on it to select it.Click Change (or Change/Remove) button.If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.(look for all programs from Symantec and/or Norton)Once that is done then delete the following folders:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Ok. Reboot the computer and take it for a spin. Do not go out and do alot of internet browsing, if any (the best option would be to unplug the internet cable completely from the computer to prevent internet access at this time). If things are back to normal then go ahead and reinstall Norton or a different anti-virus/firewall package (there are good free versions of both out there today).Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46314/extrememly-slow-response-times-and-not-responding/
Relevancy 58.91%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved response times and SLOW Popups Best Offer at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TBONBin tbon exe C PROGRA RXTOOL SEMANT SEMANT EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Documents and Settings HP Owner My Documents My Media Scrapbooking hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Best Offer Popups and SLOW response times Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs Best Offer Popups and SLOW response times rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Coral O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Need Find Bar BHO - D C E -A A- b-BCDB- B EF D - C Program Files Need Find bar bin ND FNBAR DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO RXResultTracker Class - FA - - c-A CC- EC DE CA - C Program Files RXToolBar sfcont dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar RX Toolbar - D BACF- DE - B -AE -D B D B - C Program Files RXToolBar RXToolBar dll O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SemanticInsight C Program Files RXToolBar Semantic Insight SemanticInsight exe O - HKLM Run AltnetPointsManager c program files altnet points manager points manager exe -s O - HKCU Run tbon C Program Files TBONBin tbon exe r O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Exp... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

Apparently I have an unanswerable question My problem is that every time I log into my administer profile on vista I get this error message quot error loading c windows system pmnllmm dll the specified module could not be found quot I ve completed a hijack this log and these are the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on had have reported I've but multiple this problem response. times no Platform Windows Vista WinNT Boot mode Normal I've reported this problem multiple times but have had no response. Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program I've reported this problem multiple times but have had no response. Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C I've reported this problem multiple times but have had no response. Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Users Nathanael Desktop HiJackThis v exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - f - b- cf-a f-f f c - C Windows system fastml dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files Install... Read more

A:I've reported this problem multiple times but have had no response.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ive-reported-this-problem-multiple-times-but-have-had-no-response.611980/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two computers eMachines Desktop and Acer Laptop which are both experiencing extremely long boot times - approximately to minutes before start menu Sluggish Times Solved: - Response Boot Slow is fully populated Both machines are running Win SP I suspect a virus but am not sure and would appreciate some help Results of HiJackThis on Desktop system shown below I will deal with the laptop Solved: Slow Boot - Sluggish Response Times in a separate post after the desktop is working better Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running Solved: Slow Boot - Sluggish Response Times processes C Program Files x Palm Hotsync exe C Users JP-MainHome AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Users JP-MainHome Downloads Computer Work HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar https www yahoo com fr hp-avast amp type avastbcl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page https search yahoo com yhs search type avastbcl amp hspart avast amp hsimp yhs- amp p searchTerms R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar https www yahoo com fr hp-avast amp type avastbcl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page https search yahoo com yhs search type avastbcl amp hspart avast amp hsimp yhs- amp p searchTerms R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www yahoo com fr hp-avast amp type avastbcl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer enhanced for Bing and MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll file missing O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run AvastUI exe quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe quot nogui O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User UpdatusUser O - HKUS S- - - - - - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User UpdatusUser O - Startup Dropbox lnk JP-MainHome AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe O - Global Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files x Palm Hotsync exe O - Extra context m... Read more

Relevancy 58.05%

HelloHave got major web browser problems very very slow responses My memory just seems be getting eaten up Slow & This Log. Very Hijack Response Very, Browser Problems Web Times by something Ive followed all the instructions amp run the software a couple of times each This is what ive been Hijack This Log. Web Browser Problems & Very, Very Slow Response Times left with Thanks in advance ogfile of HijackThis v Hijack This Log. Web Browser Problems & Very, Very Slow Response Times Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system drivers RMC exec APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLServer exeC WINDOWS ALCMTR EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files CLML NTService CLMLService exec APPS HIDSERVICE HIDSERVICE exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Apps Powercinema PCMService exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAGE EXEC WINDOWS system slserv exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec APPS Powercinema Kernel TV CLSched exeC Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Bann Desktop stng exeC Documents and Settings Bann Desktop Virus Stuff HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www wanadoo co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www orange co ukR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Orange UKO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E BD F- B D- E-A E -F B FA D - no file O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dllO - Toolbar no name - E BD F- B D- E-A E -F B FA D - no file O - Toolbar Wanadoo - B D- FD- -B C- A F EE - C PROGRA Wanadoo WSBar WSBar dllO - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON W... Read more

A:Hijack This Log. Web Browser Problems & Very, Very Slow Response Times

Add remove programs - remove limewire and any other P2P program as they are the source of many infections====================Please click here http://www.majorgeeks.com/Sun_Java_Runtime...ment_d4648.html to download the latest version of JAVA Install the application, then go to the Add/Remove Programs options in the Control Panel and Remove ALL previous versions of JAVA.========================You may want to print this or save it to notepad as we will go to safe mode.Fix these with HiJackThis ? mark them, close IE, click fix checkedO2 - BHO: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-A0E8-F479B685FA7D} - (no file) O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-A0E8-F479B685FA7D} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NI.UWFX5_0001_N57M2112] "C:\Documents and Settings\Bann\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WX2ZW9UB\WinFixerScannerInstall[1].exe" -nag O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [asrupdate.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\asrupdate.exeDownLoad http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip orhttp://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/killbox.exeRestart your computer into safe mode now. (Tapping F8 at the first black screen) Perform the following steps in safe mode:Double-click on Killbox.exe to run it. Now put a tick by Standard File Kill. In the "Full Path of File to Delete" box, copy and paste each of the following lines one at a time then click on the button that has the red circle with the X in the middle after you enter each file. It will ask for confimation to delete the file. Click Yes. Continue with that same procedure until you have copied and pasted all of these in the "Paste Full Path of File to Delete" box. C:\WINDOWS\system32\asrupdate.exe"C:\Documents and Settings\Bann\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\WX2ZW9UBNote: It is possible that Killbox will tell you that one or more files do not exist. If that happens, just continue on with all the files. Be sure you don't miss any.START ? RUN ? type in %temp% - OK - Edit ? Select all ? File ? DeleteDelete everything in the C:\Windows\Temp folder or C:\WINNT\tempNot all temp files will delete and that is normalEmpty the recycle binBoot Download AVG Anti-Spyware from http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ and save that file to your desktop. Note: This is NOT the Anti Virus from AVG.When the trial period expires it becomes feature-limited freeware but is still worth keeping as a good on-demand scanner.1. Once you have downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double click it to launch the set up program.2. Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition files.3. On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.o Next select the "Start Update" button. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.4. Once the update has completed, select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.5. Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".6. Under "Reports"o Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"o Un-Select "Only if threats were found"Close AVG Anti-Spyware. Do Not run a scan just yet, we will run it in safe mode.1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning as it may interfere with the scanning process:2. Launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double clicking the icon on your desktop.3. Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complet... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71945/hijack-this-log-web-browser-problems-very-very-slow-response-times/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all I've been having troubles with my computer for some time Mainly it takes forever for it to boot to a full desktop Then I'll have periods of non-responsiveness while I'm performing usual tasks moving sluggish boot times, and a response, cursor? Long disappearing files opening folders in Explorer web browsing opening programs Occasionally my cursor will freeze on the screen but I can still access menus and buttons with an invisible cursor I can see boxes being highlighted by it and such This is temporary as the system seems to finish what it was choking Long boot times, sluggish response, and a disappearing cursor? on and everything syncs up again I would say I'm quite fastidious in what runs in my system tray and at startup as well as processes that take away memory or processing room I've scrutinized everything that can be scrutinized with programs that allow for such scrutinizing HiJackThis Bootvis Good ol' Google searches CCleaner WinASO AdAware Spybot S amp D and so on I've defragged on several occasions on all my drives The only thing I haven't done is a full format and that's just because I don't like doing that it's been about years So hallowed Analysts I turn to you to see if there is something I am overlooking or if there is anything else that can be done this side of a format I have followed the steps Pandascan wouldn't work for me in IE or FF I have a custom HOSTS file that I quot turned off quot and even that didn't cause it to work Spyware Blaster is loaded and guarding as is IE Spyad My system specs are WinXP Home SP ghz P gb RAM GB HDD w OS on first gb partition GB HDD w gb Pagefile partition GB HDD all old-school ATA GeForce GS on-board sound so any Creative Labs bunk needs to be unistalled having trouble there too DSS log is as follows Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Chris on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Chris exe ---------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Saitek Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files Saitek Software SaiMfd exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Chris Desktop dss exe C DOCUME Chris Desktop Chris exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run Profiler C Program ... Read more

A:Long boot times, sluggish response, and a disappearing cursor?

2-day bump. Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/long-boot-times-sluggish-response-and-a-disappearing-cursor-178453.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I need some assistance I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open For example whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel the window will open and will be blank Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or after I've become tired of waiting I'll try to exit and it will say response apps slow EXTREMELY opening/closing times when programs and Not Responding Now eventually this goes away and the window does close but like I said it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs or Mozilla any links that I click or addresses that I type it again takes forever I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and again nothing Any suggestions

A:EXTREMELY slow response times when opening/closing apps and programs

Originally Posted by seany811

Hello,

I need some assistance. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that runs Vista Home Edition. Whenver I boot up and try to open a program or application, it takes a really REALLY long time for it to open. For example, whenever I try to open Firefox or Internet Explorer or even my control panel, the window will open and will be blank. Then it will start to load but either take an enormous amount of time or, after I've become tired of waiting, I'll try to exit and it will say (Not Responding). Now eventually this goes away and the window does close, but like I said, it takes a ton of time trying to open and close these things up. If I do wait it out and I do get into my Internet Explorer or Mozilla, any links that I click or addresses that I type, it again, takes forever.

I've run a deep system scan with my Anti-Virus software and came up with nothing. I did a system restore to a point where the problem was not happening and, again, nothing.

Any suggestions?!

Frag/file errors/disk errors
or insufficient Installed Memory
How To Make Vista more responsive and faster

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/222421-extremely-slow-response-times-when-opening-closing-apps-programs.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am at my wits end and need help I am a photographer and need my laptop to run smooth in order to keep hanging, Sluggish times, response computer required multiple restarts up Sluggish response times, computer hanging, multiple restarts required with editing HP Envy laptop Running WIN NVidia GeForce graphics I have been having issues for a few months I uninstalled all my old virus maintenane programs and installed AVG antivirus and PC Tune Sluggish response times, computer hanging, multiple restarts required Up Got things running smoothly for a couple weeks then bam slow computer again Hard drive was nearly full removed over G of files ran defrag little improvement When running PS and LR will run smooth for a bit after restart butt hen gets laggy and restart is Sluggish response times, computer hanging, multiple restarts required again required which helos about half the time I KNOW there is something going on that I am missing and after exhausting my own resources I need help Had a warning come up days ago about a trojan attached to a canon image browser program I NEVER use quarantined as suggested AVG is not picking up anything after multiple scans

A:Sluggish response times, computer hanging, multiple restarts required

ALSO - I wanted to add after installing WIN10 I can only acheive a complete shutdown by holind down my power button. If I shut down from the wondows menu, the screen goes blank like its shutting down, but my power remains on indefinitely. Not sure if this is related but figured I would add it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598419/sluggish-response-times-computer-hanging-multiple-restarts-required/
Relevancy 53.75%

Just got a second user pc.....pentium 2 300 base unit to use for college. When attached 17' svga monitor it didnt respond at all and left me with a blank screen....pc booted up ok usual beep pattern but nothing happened at all even after several reboots.....Monitor works fine with other pc ...Can anyone help me to find root of problem?

Relevancy 53.75%

i was using my computer when the monitor just cut off.It was plugged into a radeon x1600 pro. whenever i plug the monitor into the onboard it work fine. I have reseated the card and tried two monitors and i have even put the card into a seperate pc altogether and got the same results. can anyone help me find the solution to my problem.

Relevancy 53.32%

About months ago i invested in a second video card to use with an old monitor and a new PC After much trial and error i eventually got it all working A couple of days ago i re-installed windows however and therefore all my settings have been reset and am now havein problems and if i remember rightly the same ones as before But for the life of me i cant figure out how to solve them this time round So any help would be appreciated Spec - x plug and play monitor almost sure it has nothing to do with these so wont add details x problems- dreadful monitor monitor refresh second times Dual Nvidia Geforce FX AGP with fully updated drivers from manufacturers website the monitor off this video card works fine x ATI Radeon PCI fully updated drivers without catylist command centre however due to some installation problems I had these before when both monitors worked fine just the drivers - Problematic monitor Bios - Dell Computer Corporation A newly updated I heard somewhere that this may have an effect The Problem- On my second monitor Radeon Dual monitor problems- second monitor refresh times dreadful PCI whenever i try to move a frame scroll in IE etc the refresh rate is appaling Entire lines get moved at a time The only time the refersh rate does not slow is when moving the mouse and scrolling through files in c drive as far as i can tell If i switch my primary monitor to this one and stop the monitor extension it still flickers Ive checked my monitors by changing which card they use and as expected the monitors were not the problem as the same problem just happend on the opposite Any help would be great as music editing wave sampling sequencing etc etc is so much smoother and organised with this set-up and the thought of going back ouch Xaxian nbsp

A:Dual monitor problems- second monitor refresh times dreadful

Well, could be bad drivers... nvidia and ATI hate eachother, so I dunno why you got cards like that, could be a driver conflict from un-updated windows files, that is to say, uninstall drivers, update everything on windows, re-install newest drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-problems-second-monitor-refresh-times-dreadful.31520/
Relevancy 52.89%

AMD Athlon 64 x2 5000+ Black Edition
Biostar A770
OCZ Platinum 2GB DDR2-800
ASUS 9600GSO TOP
EXCELSTOR Jupiter 80GB SATA
Antec Earthwatts 500w
Arctic Cooling Alpine64Click to expand...

The topic explains itself. I put together the build today, I power it on, seems to be functioning, loading sounds but my monitor has no response.

If i unplug the monitor then it gives you that 4 color floating box but when I plug it in it goes black and the power button turns orange.

I have to use an adapter to plug the monitor into the output devices coming from the video card. (As it won't directly go in).
It connects to both, but neither work.

As far as I can see, it doesn't look like there's anything i need to plug in, but that's probably the problem and I don't know what to look for.

Relevancy 52.89%

hi there!
i need help please!
i installed a new motherboard(ecs kn1sli)and
a new graphic card radeon x550 256mb.now when i try to boot up,
my monitor does not response at all.is it because the driver for my graphic card is not installed yet?how can i get it to work know!
thanks for any help!
matrix

Relevancy 52.89%

This is an addition to this thread http forums techguy org hardware first on boot No response monitor -no-monitor-response-first-boot html I came to the conclusion that my motherboard was fried so I got a replica replacement and installed with mounts this time Once I go to boot up again my monitor remains blank However different than the last time when I remove my RAM and boot up my system actually boots and doesn t conk out after seconds but I don t recieve any mobo beeps I really can t understand what the problem may be I guess I should do a dry boot on top of my mobo box I don t want to risk shorting the board though I barely handled it at all this time I only touched it once when putting it in the case and fingers were on one of the USB metal entry ports and the other on a corner It is screwed into the mounts etc I m thinking my video card might be at fault now A GSO only has power connector correct The PCI-E slot on the end That s plugged in so it can t be power Anything is help at No monitor response on first boot this point guys I waited weeks for this new part and if No monitor response on first boot it doesn t work nbsp

A:No monitor response on first boot

When I try to remove my motherboard to set up on my mobo box, one of the screws that are screwed into a mount won't remove... I screw to the left (lefty loosey!) and it starts to come loose then it feels like it gets tighter then it makes a clicking noise. And it keeps doing this and wont become looser... i have no idea why.
Ok well I reset everything since my mobo won't remove... (typical) and I go to boot up and my computer makes a screeching sound, but more towards a beep and not a door that needed oil persay... I'm stumped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-monitor-response-on-first-boot.737009/
Relevancy 52.89%

I m fairly computer - monitor no response No display savvy I wouldn t call myself No display - no monitor response an expert So I started having problems a while ago with my desktop It would turn on for a brief period and shut down after a few minutes I would turn the system back on and it would stay on for a little shorter period I would do this several times each time decreasing in the amount of time that the computer was actually on until it would start and turn off almost right away I thought that it might be a power supply problem so I installed a new one and was met with the same problem I didn t know what it might have been at that point and I was planning on upgrading the system in a few months anyway and figured this was the best time to do No display - no monitor response it if I was going to be getting my hands dirty I know now that that wasn t the smartest of ideas After assembling the computer with the new parts it was still having the same problem but it wouldn t load into Windows because I think I needed to fix some things in the BIOS During the few minutes I had to work with the system I changed something in the BIOS menus but I can t remember No display - no monitor response what I did Ever since then I can t get anything to display My brother s HDD went out on his computer so I thought I would try swapping each one out and putting in a Windows Boot disk to see if it would respond to one or the other but I got nothing Since I tried that the system stays on for as long as I leave it sit but the keyboard wont respond It lights up when I first turn the computer on but I can t Num lock it or anything I tested the keyboard on another computer already Here s what I have right now the items with an before them were in the previous system configuration Intel Quad Core Q LGA GHz MB L cache DFI Motherboard P Series No onboard video Gb Ram Gb HDD Gb HDD Operating system XFX Video Card can t remember the specs off hand- its been a few years I have no idea what to do any more and feel like if I did do something I would mess it up more Thanks for your help nbsp

A:No display - no monitor response

Just reset your Bios from the Motherboard jumper

It's all in here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-no-monitor-response.120207/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am looking for advice on choosing an lcd monitor for a new computer. What is the minimum response time required for digital vodeo editing and/or playing dvds? Is 25ms enough, or does one need 16ms?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-monitor-response-time.148116/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys Today I tried to install a new RAM card into my old PC I took out the older two modules and put in two new from another computer I don t use RAM modules into the motherboard At first I had trouble trying to insert the RAM and realized I did incorrectly however it took me a while to notice this and I may have used to much force trying to insert the Reseatted from no monitor followed with RAM response modules and may have damaged something The problem that I have is when I turn on the computer the monitor Reseatted RAM followed with no response from monitor does not detect an signal I m Reseatted RAM followed with no response from monitor sure there is nothing wrong with the monitor as I checked it with my lap top I have tried using the computer I used and it still does not work it may just be broken most likely I have tried reseatting the RAM but that s about it I have tried swapping around every possible combination of the RAM modules even back to the preliminary set up and the monitor still won t respond Hopefully when I turn it on tomorrow in the morning this won t be a problem Thanks guys John nbsp

A:Reseatted RAM followed with no response from monitor

The answer here is that the motherboard may now be damaged.
But it's worth trying a few things.
Did the pc work before you changed the RAM?
RAM taken from another machine may not work in another, even if it's good, working RAM.
Are both of your PC's using the same type of RAM, ie DDR2 or DDR or earlier?
RAM sticks are made with certain designs of 'keyways' along the gold edge connector, so that the wrong type cannot be fitted.
Do you think the RAM boards went into the sockets fully and the clips at the ends went into place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reseatted-ram-followed-with-no-response-from-monitor.168424/
Relevancy 52.89%

My question is:

Will my computer/ games access the tv monitor at the same response time (5ms) as a monitor without all of the television stuff with same response time specs.

Time to get new monitor...........
I am gamer, and I use my monitor 80% of the time on my computer.
I want at least 5ms response time.
I found pc monitor and tv/monitor (listed below) at same price range
LG 42LG50 42" LCD HDTV - 1080p, 1920x1080, 15000:1, 16:9, 5 ms, USB, 3x HDMI
I tried to find the biggest screen with A 5 ms RT

thanks

A:Monitor Response Time

My 2407 has a response time of 6ms and it doesn't impact games at all. As a TV screen, It's only fast moving things like sports or scrolling text that there is a slightly noticeable lag, but not enough to get annoyed with.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/233623-monitor-response-time.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I just finished building an AMD Athlon 1800, 512mb ddr ram. I put in a 32mb apg video card, but I got no response from two different monitors. So i went out and bought a pci 32mb video card and still nothing on the montior. I've checked everything (fans, lights, drives) they work, I just can't see anything on the screen!!! There's no warning beeps either!!

Relevancy 52.89%

My computer turns right on but there is no beep from the PC speaker and the monitor just reads, no signal, i tried to clean out all parts of it including dissassembling it and reassembling it. Still nothing happens,

What should I do?

ECS 945P-A Motherboard
Intel Pentium D 920
1 gig ram
250 gig HDD
nVIDIA FX5500
Sony Dual Layer DVD writer
400w Raidmax Powersupply

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys, I'm just about to buy a 22" LCD. My question about the response time - which is better, high or lower? Like 2MS, 5MS, and 6MS. I'm not sure.

My current 17" LCD has 16MS.

Thanks.

A:LCD Monitor Response time question

Am I allowed to give somebody a link to another website? Please let me know, and I'll give this guy a really good link.
The lower the response time, the better. The number is followed by "ms". This is short for "Milliseconds", which is just a fraction of a second. That is basically measuring the time it takes for the screen to completely remove one image, and then display another image. Games and movies etc.. with moving images, need to be displayed, removed, and then the next one displayed.. as fast as possible. If its done very quickly, the result looks smooth and perfect. If it is not fast enough, there can be horrible results.

If you are just working in Windows, using MS Office, and surfing the net etc... then even a 20ms (or more) is no big deal. Because nothing is really moving. But if you are playing games and watching movies, you want the lowest possible number.

The problem then though, is that most of these companies either lie, or just twist the truth. I researched monitors really thoroughly, several months ago, because it was my first move from CRT to LCD, and I was determined to make sure I did the right thing (because the money meant a lot to me).

In that research, I found that, pretty much any monitor that states its response time is 6ms or lower, is basically lying. Also, as of several months ago, ALL 22 inch monitors where a bad choice for a gamer or movie watcher. (They are mostly 6bit panels. You want an 8bit panel. 8bit basically allows it to produce more colours. So a 6bit panel, side by side with an 8bit panel, can look really poor.) At the time, someone explained to me, that all the different manufacturers of the 22" monitors, use the same panel(s), and they all therefore suffer the same fate. I found that surprising and maybe a bit hard to believe, until my friend bought a 22" monitor.... Its really, truly, a horrible monitor. Whats worse, is that he loves it. He thinks its great because its big, and when it displays something badly, he doesn't realise. He assumes its the movie or the game's fault - but its not. I have a different monitor, and when I see the same games and movies displayed on his monitor (after seeing them on mine), it almost reduces me to tears Its just really horrible. Its possible things might have changed in the last several months, and a new 22" monitor was released that uses a whole new type of panel. But if the one you are thinking about, is not like that, then I highly recommend not buying it. Get a 20" or a 24" inch instead. The difference between 22" and 20" is really not that big a deal. They both tend to use the same native resolution (1680x1050). But to me atleast, image quality was very important (especially after moving from a nice CRT), so if the same is true for you, go with a 20", or save up and get a 24".

Its also important to research any monitor you want, very thoroughly... The response time is just one, very tiny thing... There are dozens of other factors that can determine whether a monitor is great or not. And usually, you can only really find these things out, if you research them thoroughly and talk to people who already own that particular monitor. Its a long boring process... but its important unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars on something you use for years.. that looks horrible.

So the other things you want to look out for are these:

1) Screen Door Effect - (You know a screen door is like a mesh with tiny little squares? Well some monitors suffer from this, where looking at the monitor, looks like you are looking at it through a mesh... its not so bad if you sit far away from it, but if you sit fairly close, it can be distracting and horrible).

2) Ghosting - this is mostly determined by the response time which you already know about. If the monitor isn't fast enough, a moving image like a movie or game, can leave trails which really ruin the way it looks.... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-monitor-response-time-question.86815/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've Decided to go DVI, but Now I have an even bigger problem.What Brand should I go with? Im looking for a DVI 19 inch LCD monitor with at the most 8ms Response Time,good reviews and must have no shadowing and is great with Fast pace action pack games like Half life and Farcry mostly FPS. I like THIS BenQ but are there other good brands out there? Fujiplus? AOpen? JetWay? Acer?

I was gonna get THIS HYUNDAI cause it had Tons of mostly good reviews, untill people started telling horror stories of vertical lines and that just scared me away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-19-inch-lcd-dvi-monitor-is-best-for-fps-gaming-no-shadowing-8ms-response.412990/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hmm? I really tempted to buy this 70$ ssd.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic173906.html

nvm that deal is expired

A:Will an SSD improve gaming on a 8ms response time monitor?

As far as I understand it, an SSD will only provide a slight improvement in loading times for games, because of the faster disk access times over traditional mechanical disks coupled with the higher read/write speeds.

The difference is not as pronounced with gaming as it is for the overall improvement it makes to Windows. I do recall seeing comparisons before (probably on here) and the difference in loading of games between levels was around 2-3 seconds in most cases. For Windows in general, it totally transforms the user experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-an-ssd-improve-gaming-on-a-8ms-response-time-monitor.173964/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I switch on this machine, nothing happened, the monitor was in power save mode, keyboard and mouse were not light. There are no POST beeps or flashes, the network port has no light too. I can hear the fans running normally The display has no signal at any time so could not know what messages were showed. I've followed the steps suggested in this forum but the situation remian unchanged. All these happened after I did a data migration from an INTEL SSD(OS) to a samsung 850 EVO SSD.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Monitor-Mouse-and-Keyboard-no-response-when-boot-up/td-p/5766024
Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings nbsp I have a HP P cb all original hardware except memory and response windows h... the or 7 from to drive No my monitor hard hard drive Original No response from the hard drive or windows 7 to my monitor h... OS was Home now is Pro I thought my hard drive expired and bought a new WD black tb And I dont have No response from the hard drive or windows 7 to my monitor h... the other harddrive cause I already threw it away So this is where I am at nbsp nbsp I installed the new WD Black and Nothing nbsp Monitor powers on and that is it I get a hard drive light at first nbsp No response from the hard drive or windows 7 to my monitor h... about to seconds and off nbsp Touch the HD and feels light low running All fans and charge light on nbsp Power supply light on No caps lock or number lock lights nbsp Monitor and key and mouse works nbsp as I am using them now Pulled the four gb memory sticks and get the beep nbsp Plugged one at a time back in and no beeps Using a Windows Pro Rebuild disc for installation nbsp When computer starts nbsp I tried F F and nothing I have even pulled the mobo battery for a few seconds I have unplugged the power cord pc and held the power button in for sec or so I have even powered on with the installation disc in and waited up to at least mins to see if screen would change and nothing I am ready to check the cpu which is only thing left to check nbsp I am guessing on that I get no beeps or beep when starting the pc So nbsp I am guessing also that my problem was not the hard drive in the first place Thanks in advance for any help Solved View Solution

A:No response from the hard drive or windows 7 to my monitor h...

gwolfman Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I have no idea what a "Windows 7 Pro Rebuild disk" is -- so I have no idea whether or not that is bootable media. Unless you have changed the default device sequence in the boot section of your BIOS setup, it is going to look at the hard drive FIRST, and since that is empty, the PC is just going to sit there -- doing nothing. So, you need to get to a boot device selection screen in order to boot from the Win7 DVD. The typical ways to do this are to press either F9 or F12 -- one of these will put up a one-time boot device selection menu.  Then, you select the DVD drive and the PC should then reboot. It may display a line of text at the top of the screen, something like "press any key to boot from ..."  If so, press the space bar. If the DVD is good, the PC will then boot into an initial screen for installing Windows.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/No-response-from-the-hard-drive-or-windows-7-to-my-monitor/td-p/5765835
Relevancy 51.17%

On bootup on my Win 7 64-bit desktop nothing appeared on the monitor , just a completely black screen .

I realise this could be due to several causes - monitor failure , video card problems etc and I have yet to check these out but my reason for posting here before I do these basic checks is that this problem is accompanied by an unusual response to the Power button which did not exist before as far as I am aware.

When I got this black screen I pressed the power button to switch the PC off . normally this requires you to hold this button down for about 5-10 secs . This time when I did this the PC started to power up again and , to prevent this , I now have to hold this button down for , at least 30 secs or so , before the PC stays off.
Could this power button anomaly be related to this black screen ? .

A:No output to Monitor together with unusual response from Start Button

Hi there
First - Did you see the Bios screen before Windows boots up.

To get the Bios usually hit something like Del or F8 (depends on your computer).

If you don't see the BIOS then you are in trouble but at least lets's start from this point.

If you DON'T see the BIOS is the computer switched on -- you should be able to hear the fan / disks etc on a desktop.

Can't proceed with any more diagnostics until you supply this information.

( I assume you've obviously checked the ultimate obvious stuff 1) cable still attached between computer and monitor, and 2 Monitor is switched on and working).

Even if the monitor is NOT plugged in to the computer you should always be able to tell if its working since you can press the setup / menu buttons on it -- and if it's a TV -as well even easier just switch to a TV channel.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244559-no-output-monitor-together-unusual-response-start-button.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I have been having problems with internet in new flat for some time!
It connects to the wireless box and has full signal but an exclamation mark is present
I have run some tests and the IPv4 and IPv6 say they have no internet access
I also run a full test and everything passed except the ping test which failed and it said:
no response:default gateway
response: dhcp server

it suggested disabling security firewall but i'm not sure if that's the correct thing to do or even how to do that!
Any help would be much appreciated
Many thanks
Amy

A:Ping test failed - response: DHCP server but no response: default gateway

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-test-failed-response-dhcp-server-but-no-response-default-gateway.1087256/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have a year old emachine computer with windows and a nvidia geforce SE nforce I ve been having a problem for a couple months to where if I shut my computer off and SOMETIMES with computer times on Monitor turns other no. the next day turn the computer back Monitor turns on with computer SOMETIMES other times no. on then the monitor won t turn on with the computer The monitor did turn on once after I unplugged everything but then it happened again after that and the monitor would not turn on I left the computer alone for a month and turned the computer on again Monitor turns on with computer SOMETIMES other times no. and the monitor is working Now i m afraid to turn my computer off in fear that it will not turn on again Is this a graphics card problem or is this a motherboard problem The graphics card is on board if that means anything I am not a computer expert either so I don t know proper procedures to check things internally without frying anything I updated my graphics card drivers just now but still afraid to turn off the computer to see if it s fixed Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I am trying to troubleshoot a monitor Westinghouse LCM- w for my sister in law and having some trouble doing so She tells me the monitor works sometimes but sometimes she gets a No Signal Message on the computer She hooked up her old monitor and no problems with signals So that rules out the source being the problem So I take the monitor home to see what I can do I use my not signal sometimes, times other Reads Monitor X-Box with the VGA peripheral to troubleshoot as I know the signal is good I Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not turn on the monitor and it works fine I use the monitor for some Halo online play it works fine So I shut it off and go to bed I Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not wake up to see if it works and does not I check all the connections they are good to go I have audio as well so the xbox is working What could cause the monitor to work at Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not times and not at other times nbsp

A:Monitor Reads signal sometimes, other times not

hmm

Check the pins on the cord and make sure there aren't any bent pins. It may have weak capacitors inside also. Hell, it may even have a bad cable (broken wire inside).

my 2 cents

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-reads-signal-sometimes-other-times-not.103443/
Relevancy 46.44%

computer beebs 3 times but no signal to monitor

A:computer beebs 3 times but no signal to monitor

Welcome to TSF

Possible bad graphics. Have you tried another monitor? Have you tried another graphics card? If you have onboard graphics disable it in the BIOS and install an adapter card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-beebs-3-times-but-no-signal-to-monitor-435797.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My problem loses times signal as certin Monitor is if I m playing a game that uses d graphics my monitor will lose signal But now I just noticed if I run adobe photoshop cs for about mins it ll do it also So what do you think my problem is Ok I have a emachines Monitor loses signal as certin times t here are the specs and I have a ATI Radeon MB AGP card in with a Maya Sound Card I ve updated all my drivers and everything I m using Omega video drivers s also Processor Clock speed GHz Processor type Athlon XP Monitor loses signal as certin times Processor manufacturer AMD RAM RAM installed MB Video Output Graphics processor S ProSavage Display Projector Display type None Optical Storage CD DVD type DVD RW CD DVD read speed x CD DVD write speed x Storage Hard Drive Hard drive size GB Interface Provided Interface USB USB Parallel Parallel Microphone Microphone Headphones Headphones Audio Audio Audio Audio Storage Hard Drive nd nd hard drive installed qty None Optical Storage nd nd optical storage type DVD-ROM Read speed x Modem Modem Kbps Fax modem Audio Output Audio output type Sound card Cabinet Chassis Cabinet form factor Desktop Networking Networking Network adapter Dimensions amp Weight Depth in Height in Width in Storage Floppy Drive Floppy drive type quot MB floppy OS Provided OS provided Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Storage Removable Removable storage native capacity None Slot Provided Slot provided free free nbsp

A:Monitor loses signal as certin times

you say it "loses signal"... by that do you mean the computer remains on and you can still use it but cant see anything?

the first and most obvious thing to check would be the monitor cable, make sure that it's clean and not lose. wiggle the cable around to see if it "loses signal" again.

do you have another monitor that you could try?

also, make sure that you aren't setting the games video settings higher than your video card and monitor can handle.

It sounds to me like your power supply may be going bad. emachines are known for their low-quality motherboards and power supplies. it could be either one, but my guess is the power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-loses-signal-as-certin-times.51994/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am completely happy with my Win 7 Pro x64. Recently I noticed my monitors screen blackening. I went straight to Power Options in the Control panel and found my settings of never turn off monitor and never turn off pc. because I have had a bad infected time I had lots of antivirus programs and optimizers. Now my power settings are okay but something is changing the computer. How does it do it. I've gone through checking the optimizers and removing them but the monitor still blacks-out. I can't believe the antivirus programs would be allowed to change my settings. I have always believed Win 7 Pro is so well for the user .Any help please?

A:Some program has changed my monitor times so it closes down

Three things come to mind, assuming this is a config issue: 1) power settings, 2) screen saver settings, 3) video drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-program-has-changed-my-monitor-times-so-it-closes-down.1162605/
Relevancy 46.01%

running Vista Home Premium
this is an eMachines T5086
The desktop computer is less than 2 years old.
We just moved. Now when I turn on the computer, it will make its whirling sounds then it will beep 3 times..like error beeps. The monitor will display "no signal". So I tried another monitor...same message. What could be wrong with it all of a sudden? This is the kids computer and they are sad

A:turn tower on..beeps 3 times..no image on monitor

To me it could be one of three things if you are comfertable going inside the computer try reseating the ram or if there are two sticks take one out and see if it will boot up if not put it back and take out the other stick and try to boot up if it will boot up with just one stick then the other stick is bad. to test the power supply see if your cd or dvd drive will open are there any lights showing? If its none of the above its your motherboard most probably a capicitators blown or something see if you can spot any dark marks like burn marks on the motherboard. Well I hope its the ram.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/turn-tower-on-beeps-3-times-no-image-on-monitor-311156.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My laptop is Asus u No Random Signal Monitor To Times Laptop? Connected jc-a i m ghz processor gb ram but i recently upgraded it to gb ram gb ssd samsung Last year i bought a monitor that is hp la x because Monitor No Signal Random Times Connected To Laptop? it has x resolution which i need because i need it to play online poker I would connect my laptop Monitor No Signal Random Times Connected To Laptop? to the monitor by vga cable I noticed that the monitor would keep on going to sleep Example i would be on the computer for few hours or play poker for few hours then this message would show up Then my HP monitor screen gets the no signal and then go to sleep and when im playing i have to wait like minute or so then hold the power button on my laptop for a few seconds then it turns off The i press it immediately and then it would show resuming windows This was the fastest way for me to get back on the tables when not sitting out longer However if i dont wait minute or so and then i just press hold the power button immediately then i would shut down my laptop which is horrible because if im playing tables then i have to wait a few minutes due to having to power up the laptop again I then wondered if this was my monitor or it could be my laptop as i read it has something to do with video card Well what happened was later on i didn t seem to have this issue anymore then after a while it came back again This is very annoying when playing on pokerstars due to you going to miss out few minutes if you close the computer while playing because you going to be sitting out etc I then later on tried my laptop on another monitor a dell one Note this monitor is very old like years at least Similarly it had the same issue It would go to sleep just like the HP one which when i bought it was brand new The thing is you never know when its coming it might happen once a day twice a day or times sometimes none Im currently using another monitor and i had this issue yet again This monitors an Acer However it doesn t say go to sleep like the HP one All it does is have the no signal message All of these monitors i connect to my asus laptop by the vga cable nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have been noticing for Monitor update up @ black shows times since chipset family screen ever a Monitor shows up black screen @ times ever since chipset family update long while on my optional updates - quot Display - Mobile Intel R Series chipset family quot it showed update was released some where around June so I thought lemme do this one amp installed it on Dec th this one to be exact http winqual microsoft com support driverid While installing the script everything zoomed in by around percent may be then it turned normal In between I ha couple of black screens which I use happens during quot graphics card quot update just correct me if I'm wrong After installation was completed may be after - mins I had another black screen I thought may be something failed or system went in for a reboot only for my surprise to see the screen back This didn't repeat again though thankfully Now ever since this update while booting the system after the window logo page I get black screen for a short while before I get Please wait welcome page which keeps me guessing whether system turned off or restarted or its due to my current issues Not only this while opening up some scripts which asks for permission to run the file for example when I try to open Command Prompt as Admin to run sfc screen goes into black screen amp then flashes back with a few secs with a faded screen asking me permission I meant the regular faded screen so nothing wrong with that can any one guide me if this issue is related to the corrupt files prob which I'm having or is it because of this update If this is due to this update can some one help me in solving this issue sorry for my english if you are unable to follow at any particular point please let me know I will try to elaborate about it in a different way

A:Monitor shows up black screen @ times ever since chipset family update

Download the latest driver from Intel then uninstall the current driver installed

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/316365-monitor-shows-up-black-screen-times-ever-since-chipset-family-update.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello whoever I am responding to response redirect response, this http www bleepingcomputer com forums top ml entry I have followed all of the redirect response, response instructions but when I run the gmer file my PC shuts down The first time I ran it it scanned for quite a while then shut down The second time I ran it it scanned for about seconds then shut down I am having all the common issues with the redirect response, response redirect virus that I have read except it seems to be getting worse Now new redirect response, response tabs are opening up on there own it always opens up on google homepage I don't even have google bookmarked More and more of the viruses are popping up in those annoying tabs that can't be closed out other than that I have the dds file and the attach zip ready to go Here is the dds file Oh and by the way Thank you very very very much DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by chuck at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system svchost exe -k HsfXAudioServiceC Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC Windows system rundll exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNetC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsc PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVCC Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exeC Users chuck Downloads dds scrC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn comuWindow Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSNuDefault Page URL hxxp www msn commStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnbuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO scriptproxy db d ... Read more

A:redirect response, response

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs unless I ask you to.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Gmer is the best but can be hard to get a log lets try this and see what we get.Scan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth, Files, Code Hooks. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324206/redirect-response-response/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi This is my first time posting and I have a lot of things causing problems with my computer but to start off here are my specs Windows Pro Intel Core i - s CPU GHz Gb Ram Corsaire Vengence x Bit AMD Radeon HD GDDR Lots Monitor Problems, of Problems, Problems Response Gb two of them w crossfire Tb Rpm Seagate HDD z -g Gaming Motherboard Case r Gaming Full size case Power Supply Corsair AX Fans Rosewill Hyper Silence CPU fan stock front fans stock in back So to Monitor Problems, Response Problems, Lots of Problems start off I built this computer myself years ago and it has been running steadily without too many problems along the way but earlier last year it began to have some much bigger problems Issue Monitor Issues I say this is a monitor issue but i really doubt it has anything to do with the monitors them selves What is happening every once in a while about times a week the screens of my monitors will cut to black it doesn t matter what I m doing and stay black for a few seconds before revealing the task bar at the bottom of the screen and then the rest of my desktop slowly reveals itself I ve tried updating my video card drivers but that hasn t helped Issue Keyboard and Mouse Become unresponsive System isn t frozen however Sometimes if I leave my pc idling in the lock screen the keyboard will stop working and when I come back I can t log in I can tell my computer is not frozen because the slideshow in the lock screen keeps moving and I can move my mouse but not click with it What I found interesting in these occasions was that the Caps Lock key still Monitor Problems, Response Problems, Lots of Problems lit up when I pressed it I have tried unplugging and plugging back in the mouse and keyboard but all that does is make the keyboard unusable I can t press the caps lock and the mouse doesn t show up anymore Both Issue and are only fixed with a system reboot Issue System Freezes This problem happens the least out of the and happens out of nowhere like the other two I might be working on something and when I look back to my computer it is completely frozen I can t move the mouse or press any buttons and the task manager has stopped updating its processes I keep it open at all times This issue is also only fixed with a reboot These are some of the issues that are most prominent with my system I hope someone will be able to help me with this I can provide more clarity if need be Thank You nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-problems-response-problems-lots-of-problems.1163408/
Relevancy 40.42%

Help,
My new Dell XPS 15 won't turn on.  Last week I had a similar situation, and I had to press the button several times once to get it to turn on with similar behavior.  Now it won't turn on at all.  I can get the LED lights to start blinking, always showing the same pattern - 4 white blinks, 2 amber blinks, and I can get this to turn off by holding the power button down.  Any ideas?  It is only a month old...
David

A:Dell XPS won't turn on. LED light blinks 4 times white, 2 times yellow

This is a bad mainboard.  Call Dell to have the board replaced under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991357
Relevancy 39.56%

I have changed the graphics card and PSU, but still the PC resets even on occasions where nothing is being used. I'm looking to find out what is causing this.

Cheers

Rob

A:System resets randomly 2 or 3 times a day at varying times.

have you checked to make sure all the cables are in the right places and they are connected tightly. also it sounds like there is a issue with the power supply itself. i would try testing the psu for proper voltage because generally a graphics card itself shouldn't cause issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354417-system-resets-randomly-2-3-times-day-varying-times.html
Relevancy 39.56%

This is my custom build computer of 4 - 5 years. The past year or so i keep getting random BSOD. There are times right after i do a windows update, the very next day my computer will crash. I am running the latest nvidia drivers, and also run windows update. Some times the error says Memory Management, or ntfs.sys, fltmgr.sys. I did a memory test and it passes. I also tested hdd for errors. I really can not take getting all of these BSOD. Right now, it is happening about 3 times per week. At times i am using my computer and other times it is at night when it is locked. I have not added anything to my computer since it was born 4 - 5 years ago. I also do not overclock or mod anything.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

edit
Forgot to add that sometimes when my computer BSOD, i am not getting the log dump files.

A:BSOD at random times, at least 3 times per week. Win 7 64 Ultimate

another BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354025-bsod-random-times-least-3-times-per-week-win-7-64-ultimate.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello New member here and thanks in advance for looking I have a home built w Home Premium box we use almost exclusively for Windows Media Center I started getting bsod's about a random at graphics times, times pink at BSoD and month ago and before that got distorted pinkish video on restart or bootup at times Tried using msconfig and changed settings and thought I had it but it resumed the pink screens sometimes garbled colors BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times, i BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times, e squares and other shapes so I bought a new video PCIe card an XFX R Thought this had it but it resumed the bsod's and sometimes graphic issues Saved our pics and such and did a clean install Worked fine for a couple days then back to the bsod's and pink graphics Having a hard time getting the crash files together for upload new guy here so hopefully I'll get it figured out and add it The directory created by SF Diag is mb large and when I go to U L size limits say nope Pointers here BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times, maybe Thanks behoof They say quot If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy quot and this W box is for her TV lt sigh gt Help

A:BSoD at random times and pink graphics at times,

Hi please follow this : BSOD posting instrucs: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
So someone can assist you, possibly me even.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252167-bsod-random-times-pink-graphics-times.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have been getting BSOD's for the last week BSOD lock times times, other up at just random or so I can't read BSOD at random times, other times just lock up the entire screen in time when it happens but I do catch something about a hardware issue This has happened several times while playing video games but others when surfing the web or just doing BSOD at random times, other times just lock up some typing I've checked all of the components and they seem to be functional to the best of my knowledge I was getting random lock ups as well where the entire system would freeze up I would lose control of everything This happened a few times when watching movies or games and the sound would continue on as if there was nothing wrong while everything else froze and would not respond I reinstalled windows and none of these lock ups have happened since and I went days without the BSOD but it has come back today The computer is as follows with a Windows Ultimate bit OS Intel Extreme core CPU GB DDR Ram GB Kingston SSD TB SATA Drive Nividia GPU I've attached the mindump file and the system report file as per the instructions and would appreciate any help on this matter While I am by no means a computer guru or expert I've tested everything I could and found no viruses or lack of important drivers that could cause this I also stress tested my GPU and CPU to make sure they were not overheating though I didnt think they were Under full load the GPU peaked at C with an average running temp of C and the GPU was C at peak and C at standard operation level Thank you in advance for reading and helping Joe

A:BSOD at random times, other times just lock up

Problem Devices:
Code:
Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_06\4&525529E&0&00E4 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_03\4&115A8633&0&0010 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_06\4&2E680ECD&0&00E5 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Make sure the above are installed. You should be able to find the drivers from your motherboard support site or your system vendor's support site (through HP, Dell, etc.).
Update your Intel IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers device. To determine the device, you can find it in Device Manager. To fully re-install a driver, use the following steps.First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.

Intel? Driver Update Utility may help.
Run some hardware checks:If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Warning
Before you proc... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228825-bsod-random-times-other-times-just-lock-up.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey all I have been getting BSODs everyday for a couple months now At 2-3 at per with day times times errors random BSOD different first since the BSODs started at around the same BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors time as I received my new motherboard and cpu MSI PC Mate Z Intel i - K I thought the BSODs were caused by this new hardware but I am not certain as I updated drivers around the time too At the moment the BSODs could be caused by anything I have Ran memtest overnight with a successful pass Changed power settings to high Installed latest intel chipset drivers from intel's auto updater Installed latest BIOS Installed as many additional drivers from my motherboard's webpage Uninstalled graphics drivers for my AMD HD GHz edition and reinstalled Completely reinstalled windows by formatting by HDD and installing a fresh copy of windows on to that My PC specs are as follows MSI PC Mate Z Intel Core i - K AMD Radeon HD Ghz Edition gb x of Patriot Viper DDR Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Antec TP- C Here are thew last dmp files but as mentioned earlier the errors seem to always be different https drive google com folderview U amp usp sharing In zip file https drive google com open id Bz DNKazI a R UlE Thanks in advance

A:BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors

BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400129-bsod-random-times-2-3-times-per-day-different-errors.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I have started getting BSODs twice a day at random moments on my computer in the last 4 days. I've tried to figure out the reason for the BSODs but I'm not sure.

I often get the * Hardware failure * bsod. Now I know these can be caused by a number of things, so that is why I included with this post the SF Diagnostic Tool zip attachement so you can help me figure this out.

I consider my knowledge of computers (overclocking, hardware maintenance and debugging) at a decent level, so it shouldn't take much help before we fix this. I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

A:BSOD at random times, 2 times/day in the last 4 days

Hi jonathan

1. The attached system logs are only till 1 July 2012... appreciate if you can save the log directly from event viewer and post it here.

2. Holy crap!!.... I know you have a decent enough system with 8 GB Ram....but this is insane...... Please disable the all that crap from startup

Code:
V0710Mon.exe REG_SZ C:\Windows\V0710Mon.exe
Adobe ARM REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
AMD AVT REG_SZ Cmd.exe /c start "AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding device initialization" /min "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD AVT\bin\kdbsync.exe" aml
avast REG_SZ "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
BDRegion REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared Files\brs.exe
ChallengerPro REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thermaltake Challenger Pro\Ttsystray.exe"
CLMLServer REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe"
HP Software Update REG_SZ C:\Program Files (x86)\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
PDVD8LanguageShortcut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe"
PMBVolumeWatcher REG_SZ D:\Programmes Jo\Sony\PMB\PMBVolumeWatcher.exe
QuickTime Task REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\Quicktime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
RemoteControl8 REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe"
Rocket Live! Central 2 REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\RocketFishWEBCAM\Live! Central\RFLVCentral2.exe" /mode2
StartCCC REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
TkBellExe REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\Realplayer\update\realsched.exe" -osboot
UpdateLBPShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\LabelPrint\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\LabelPrint" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\LabelPrint\2.5"
UpdateP2GoShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Power2Go" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Power2Go\6.0"
UpdatePDRShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerDirector\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerDirector" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerDirector\7.0"
UpdatePPShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerProducer\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\PowerProducer" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerProducer\5.0"
UpdatePSTShortCut REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Blu-ray Disc Suite\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "D:\Programmes Jo\CYBERLINK\Blu-ray Disc Suite" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\PowerStarter"
SunJavaUpdateSched REG_SZ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
VirtualCloneDrive REG_SZ "D:\Programmes Jo\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDaemon.exe" /s
Thirdly ..... remove the Cyberlink Power DVD... the Richvideo.exe was part of the BSOD..

Fourthly.... remove avast and try using MSE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245695-bsod-random-times-2-times-day-last-4-days.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey all I have been getting BSODs everyday for times at 2-3 with random times per BSOD day different errors a couple months now At first since the BSODs started at around BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors the same time as I received my new motherboard and cpu MSI PC Mate Z Intel i - K I thought BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors the BSODs were caused by this new hardware but I am not certain as I updated drivers around the time too At the moment the BSODs could be caused by anything I have Ran memtest overnight with a successful pass Changed power settings to high Installed latest intel chipset drivers from intel's auto updater Installed latest BIOS Installed as many additional drivers from my motherboard's webpage Uninstalled graphics drivers for my AMD HD GHz edition and reinstalled Completely reinstalled windows by formatting by HDD and installing a fresh copy of windows on to that My PC specs are as follows MSI PC Mate Z Intel Core i - K AMD Radeon HD Ghz Edition gb x of Patriot Viper DDR Seagate Barracuda TB RPM Antec TP- C I could not attach the additional required file due to the task never BSOD at random times 2-3 times per day with different errors completing in the application Thanks in advance Here are thew last dmp files if you need them https drive google com folderview id BzgSuwGhlWk NUcwZW id Vlc U amp usp sharing In zip file https drive google com open id BzgSuwGhlWk eDNKazI a R UlE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625046/bsod-at-random-times-2-3-times-per-day-with-different-errors/
Relevancy 37.84%
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi. I get a BSOD on my computer at most, twice a day. I am not sure what causes it as it happens at random times in the day.
I have attached the SF Diagnostic File if that helps.
Thanks,
Kieran

A:BSOD. 2 or 3 times a day at Random times.

Welcome to the forum.

Kaspersky contributes to BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!:-

Code:
AODDriver2.sys Thu Apr 5 15:23:37 2012 (4F7D6499)
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard [br] Known BSOD issues in Win7
Driver Reference Table - AODDriver2.sys

Code:
ser2pl64.sys Thu Oct 17 17:02:48 2013 (525FC3D8)
USB-to-Serial Cable Driver/GembirdUAS112
Driver Reference Table - ser2pl64.sys

Quote:
Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows leftover registry removal:Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Perform a clean install of a driver following: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Summary:

Code:
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Debug session time: Thu Jan 16 02:11:37.793 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:11.979
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Jan 16 01:21:59.653 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:45:40.840
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Jan 14 15:58:51.480 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:59:04.425
BugCheck A, {fffff000060a3f00, 2, 1, fffff80002ee0c42}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ser2pl64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ser2pl64.sys
Probably caused by : ser2pl64.sys ( ser2pl64+d500 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318534-bsod-2-3-times-day-random-times.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello all I really need some help have tried all i know and asked other places have read some threads here and really sounds like you all know your stuff Here is my problem When i game the game will freeze sound still plays but mouse everything locks up Have to warm reboot Other times it goes to black screen and still have to warm reboot I had this problem starting a year ago At that time i did mem test cpu stress test gpu stress test all came back fine Back then it use to reboot itself So i figured maybe a psu issue it was still under warranty so i sent it off they did find a bad capacitor and replaced Cool no a month after getting it back started doing as mentioned above So at that time i had a GTX gig video card in it So i spent the money and went to a Geforce GTX gig eventhough i had stressed tested the Ok so a week or so went by all good then it started up again Only has it locked up once BSOD gaming. when times some some not times while not gaming Always locks on WOT world of tanks unless i use the older nvidia driver BSOD some times some times not when gaming. DIdnt use to lock up BSOD some times some times not when gaming. with Diablo III TSW SWTOR SCII Untill recently sometimes its once or twice a night others its or times I ran a Mem test a week ago ran for plus hours no errors At wits end dont know what to do Please any suggestions or thoughts or solutions would be welcomed Computer Intel S XVN MB Dual Xeon GHZ processors Kingston Gig ram Geforce GTX gig GPU Window bit WD HD x WD HD x WD Exterial USB HD x

A:BSOD some times some times not when gaming.

Hello Kriley2012, Welcome to SF!

Please follow http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html so we can do a better job of assisting to figure out your problem!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242147-bsod-some-times-some-times-not-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I'm currently running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack Currently using firefox On random occasions random pages will randomly not load with the loading circle spinning but nothing happening When I click refresh the page might load or might not Sometimes i have to end up closing the browser and that seems to random access random at sending msges not to times/Msn or random Unable times receiving and pages fix the problem for some time The problem will randomly occur Unable to access random pages and random times/Msn not receiving or sending msges at random times again shortly after For Msn i have version Windows live Messenger On random occasions i will not receive or my messages will not be sent out The problem will go away and come back consistently I have shaw high speed internet directly connected to the modem I tried calling them and letting them take a look into my computer through the internet When they were searching theought the problem did not occur at that moment therefor i couldn't not prove that i have a problem I tried scanning my computer with Avira AntiVir Personal- Free version and Malwarebytes' Anit-Malware Free version all uptodate but nothing gets picked up This problem started to occur - weeks ago and i could not occur what i did during that time Thanks for your time

A:Unable to access random pages and random times/Msn not receiving or sending msges at random times

o.o

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271334/unable-to-access-random-pages-and-random-timesmsn-not-receiving-or-sending-msges-at-random-times/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have an HP laptop and I have been running it with dual monitors I finally decided to upgrade to Windows and after I installed it I noticed that the built in monitor of my laptop looked strange and when I opened the display settings to change the screen resolution and set the external monitor as a separate monitor rather than a mirror I noticed that only one monitor was detected and it was the external one Generic non-pnp monitor on standard my it Reading were - In monitor. external Built as if Laptop Issues Monitor Monitor VGA graphics adapter and the built in monitor does NOT show up at all I ve tried the detection button in hopes that the computer would read the built in monitor and I could fix the problem This did not help I tried unplugging replugging the external monitor to no avail I tried restarting without the external monitor plugged in and it STILL reads the built in monitor as if it is the external one Is there anyway to fix this I have not tried re-installing the OS not yet anyways Any suggestions nbsp

A:Monitor Issues - Laptop Reading Built In Monitor as if it were my external monitor.

Only thing I can think of is to disconnnect the external monitor, uninstall any monitors listed and then reboot and hope the computer installs the correct drivers for the laptop monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-issues-laptop-reading-built-in-monitor-as-if-it-were-my-external-monitor.899772/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am using a quot screen for my primary screen and the laptop lid open for a secondary screen The main screens resolution Monitor and Laptop External Issues Dual Using Monitor Monitor is x I can set it to anything I want and Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor it s always using the full screen The laptop screen on the other hand will only use the full screen if it s at x resolution max for that screen IBM Thinkpad T With the large quot screen Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor I have no trouble reading the screen at high resolutions the screen is huge with the little quot screen though I have to strain to read the screen at x The problem is when I set the laptop screen to anything lower than x it uses less of the screen Preferrably I want it at x Dual Monitor Issues Using Laptop Monitor and External Monitor or x I dont know which I want yet as I can t see the freaking screen at that resolution At x for instance the useable screen is just a box in the middle so the quot x quot is still barely readable for me cause it s shrunk from full screen plus it s just annoying only using a portion of the screen I have played with the ATI Control Center the Thinkpad display settings and windows display settings and just cannot get this thing to go full screen at lower resolutions when docked and using the external monitor Anyway to resolve this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-issues-using-laptop-monitor-and-external-monitor.694900/
Relevancy 33.54%

First of all i d like to comment on an absolutely MAGNIFICENT site you have here Secondly i ve been on the site with Help", That Get I No But Lol Would Could Say Response. "please quot guest quot status for quite some time now and have usually found my dillemas to be resolved simply by looking around the forums But bot have i done it now lol Okay here s the SitRep While i was gone to Fort Campbell for the Fall I Could Say "please Help", But That Would Get No Response. Lol i lent my computer to my brother which happens to be at a certain age right now but we ll get to that in a minute who APPARENTLY felt the need to trash it with I Could Say "please Help", But That Would Get No Response. Lol spyware adware viruses worms and PORN you name it i ve had to clean it well I Could Say "please Help", But That Would Get No Response. Lol with that said i have deleted everything except for a DNS DLS maybe downloader somehow everytime i click on a link in IE it quot redirects quot me to fake sites etc can t get rid of this one either but im working on it back to the original problem and a certain folder that has me absolutely stumped and stupified First of all the folder in question is C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Incomplete I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT move rename delete this file For a matter of fact i can t even quot mouse-over quot the folder Anytime i try to interact with this folder in any way explorer exe crashes then Dr Watsons PostMortem Debugger crashes right behind it I cannot run a full system virus scan because it freezes as soon as the AV gets to that file No problems scanning folders individually just not that one and no full system scan So i have tried over and over to delete it through the command prompt but i m no expert at the command line codes So where does this leave me I can t afford to restore as i have too many games that i have corrupted disks for kids and scratches and had to patch them with the fixed exe files Thank you for any help ANYONE can give me that might direct me in the quot path of enlightenment quot Mod Edit Moved to more appropriate forum boopme

A:I Could Say "please Help", But That Would Get No Response. Lol

Have you tried interacting with the folder in safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/119026/i-could-say-please-help-but-that-would-get-no-response-lol/
Relevancy 33.54%

Can some one help me? My original post is from 10-22-07.

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/641653-trojan-zonbac.html

thanks

A:No response since 10-22-07

I've replied to your other thread so I'll close this one.

Please continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/641653-trojan-zonbac.html#post5309295

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-response-since-10-22-07.649518/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey, i connected my Motorola to my computer a couple of weeks ago and i was able to upload pictures and some music files onto my cellphone, however this week when i connected it again, there was no response from the computer. I couldnt upload some pictures from my cellphone onto my pc neither could i upload some files onto my Cellphone. Does this problem occur often? Can anyone help me?

When i connect, my cellphone recharges but i cant do anything but recharge...

A:No Response

Do you use any software to connect your cell phone. Try to reinstalled that one. It might be possible software does not respond.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-response.809645/
Relevancy 33.54%

Could someone explain why I've had no response to my post on the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum ? -http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252946/trojan-interrupdate-netfilterexe/Everyone else seems to be getting help apart from me.

A:Why no response ?

While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large, as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Athough our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.New and more devious malware infections are released almost daily. It then takes time for our Team to to investigate, analyze and test removal techniques before we can help members like yourself. Doing that means that we sacrifice speed of response for a quality response that will help remove the malware more effectively.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, you wouldn't want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it, would you?Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding.The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256644/why-no-response/
Relevancy 33.54%

A person who sent me to techguy.org said it is normal to receive a response in a couple hours. We are now into the second day. Being a newbee here, is there something I should be doing that was not done?

Yesterday I listed a question under Windows 2000 entitled "Doom."

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Lee R Larkey

A:How to get a response

Lee R Larkey said:

A person who sent me to techguy.org said it is normal to receive a response in a couple hours. We are now into the second day. Being a newbee here, is there something I should be doing that was not done?

Yesterday I listed a question under Windows 2000 entitled "Doom."

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Lee R LarkeyClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-a-response.236195/
Relevancy 33.54%

The post is locked.  I certainly agree a current BIOS is great.Biggal responses many times pushing a BIOS update, which may or not be needed.The post from Biggal is great, but a BIOS update is NOT always the solution and should not be offered #1 response without evaluating the post.  Biggal also pushes registry cleaners up front.  I do problem determination for a living.  I would never say:Bios + CCleaner. Biggal has talent, he needs to not offer the same resolution over and over as step 1.  ==In summary, evaluate what the user states. Then offer an action plan. Do not send the user on a CCleaner or bios update without reason. goose chase to no resolution.Biggal is a value to our forum.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Help-us-to-help-you-response/td-p/3336789
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi

The systems which are using Yahoo messenger are not responding
i hope it the systems are effected with some virus.

Please help me

A:No Response

What do you mean, systems? One, or more computers? If, one, download Hijackthis and post a log, please.
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe
And, if more than one, what kind of network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-response.352060/
Relevancy 33.54%

The Whole Info Can be Found Here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f100...ng-363285.html

DSS Isnt Working For Me... when i start Running The Program My Computer Keeps on Shutting down Take note No Logs Appeared.

A:In Response To.

Hi Guys just wanna know why is that after i double click DSS My PC Shuts Down after a Sec... There Are No Logs That Pops Out.. I Don't Understand why... why is that?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/in-response-to-363318.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Could someone advise soon? McAfee just reported this virus, New Poly Win32 in Temp file and it "cannot be cleaned". I happen to also be scanning with online version of BitDefender right now, 10 minutes till finished. Is this report from McAfee an artifact of BitDefender scan or is it real? and how do I respond? BitDefender, BTW, reports no viruses found at 121118 files checked of 131077 total. BitDefender now finished, half hour later, no problems found. McAfee continues to report New Poly Win32 in C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Local Settings\Temp\tmp00007697. When I go to C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Local Settings\Temp, but I can't find tmp00007697. Why? Again, Thanks for a prompt response.Rob

A:Need Immediate Response!

Try running McAfee in "SAFE MODE".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50764/need-immediate-response/
Relevancy 33.54%

Fed up with W10, Reset computer to put W7 back but W10 reappeared without the use of my mouse and keyboard .

A:no response

Originally Posted by boskey

Fed up with W10, Reset computer to put W7 back but W10 reappeared without the use of my mouse and keyboard .

If USB connected try different USB positions on computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/51478-no-response.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Wish you guys would have helped me! I have since re formatted my hard drive and given up on trying to resolve this. As you can see from the dates of my posts I have waited patiently. I know that there are others out there with issues so i waited. Now i come back and some have had 10 - 20 - 30 responses to their posts with dates well after mine... I guess they needed it more than me.... whatever..

Thanks for the useless forum.

I won't be back.

Jeff

A:I Don't Know Why I Never Got A Response....

Hi Jeff,We apologize that your topic got overlooked, We have guidelines that need to be followed and one of them is to not Bump your topic,The reason for that is the staff is looking for topics with 0 replies and because you bumped yours that was no longer the case it appeared as though someone was already helping you.These forums are run on a volunteer basis and while our hope is to help every single person that comes here we know we have some that will need to wait days before we can get to them.It also needs to be understood that some of our staff are not comfortable with dealing with certain issues and will grab other topics they are more comfortable with. It is summertime after all and we have a lot of folks on vacations spending time with their family and friends so our staff to member ratio is low during the summer months as well.Again on behalf on BC I would like to apologize for your topic being overlooked it wasn't done intentionally by any means, I understand your frustration in dealing with a no cooperative computer .I would also like to point out that if for any reason your topic goes over 5 days with out a reply one could always post HereAgain apologize and wish you the best Don PS I will close your other topics to avoid any confusion

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158538/i-dont-know-why-i-never-got-a-response/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello, following this forums direction as it's been more than 3 days since I originally posted and no response yet. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic465110.html/page__p__2804443__fromsearch__1#entry2804443

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:no response yet

Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our Malware Response Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Response Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. Please be patient. It may take several days, up to a week, perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.Thank you for understanding.Elise

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465609/no-response-yet/
Relevancy 33.54%

I've got an IBM here....don't know anythnig about it (not mine) but it's got a 30GB HD in it so it's not too new.

It powers up but that is it. No beeps, nothing on the screen. I know that some IBM's have no post beeps but I am not seeing anything at all on the screen. It also doesn't power down just using the power button...no matter how long you hold it.

I thought it might be the video card so I changed it with a known working one that I had. Still no post beeps and nothing on the screen......

I removed the battery for awhile just to see......nothing.

Not sure what else I can do now.....

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A:no response...

First, strip it down to barebones. (mobo, 1 stick ram, vid card). Try this with each stick of RAM you have to see if one is defective. If you still get the same results, try using a different power supply.

As to not powering down, the switch is probably defective. I'm assuming that the computer powers on with the front switch? I suggest opening up the case and separating the switch from the plastic power button. The button is just for decoration and is not needed to power on the computer. This will allow you to see if the switch is bad. If the switch is bad, it will be stuck in the "on" position, not allowing the computer to be shut off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-response.479638/
Relevancy 33.54%

I sent my laptop to the depot for repair and now trying to check status.  I type in my service order number and get an error.  Do I need to drive to Kentucky to check on it or is there someone that can help me?

A:Let's try this again to see if I get a response fi...

Hello Sean,Do you still have your serial number? Do not type it here, but I suggest calling technical support using the serial number or case number you have. They might also be able to find your machine with your personal details.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Let-s-try-this-again-to-see-if-I-get-a-response-finally/td-p/3322607
Relevancy 33.54%

I & to response myself I got fix never tried a think I screwed up I tried to delete the Lsashell and it makes my pc reboot on a timer I also deleted fix my item on the hyjack -Winlogon notifyWgalogon-C windows system Wgalogon dll I am not sure I never got a response & tried to fix myself but I think I found that in other post to delete I also deleted J E Runtime Enviroment Update which I never got a response & tried to fix myself was megabites and will take me days to redownload since I am On Dial up This was another item it apears to have been told to delete in another post of a guy with similar problem Here is my new log if it helps Hope I didn t jack up my pc worse Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files HP DigitalMedia Archive DMAScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files PeoplePC ISP Browser Bartshel exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Secretmaker secretmaker exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C PROGRA PeoplePC ISP Browser PPShared exe C HP KBD KBD EXE c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C Program Files DISC DiscUpdMgr exe C Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exe C Program Files PeoplePC ISP Browser Bartshel exe C Program Files PeoplePC Accelerated PeoplePC exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PAVILION amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd... Read more

A:I never got a response & tried to fix myself

I had yet another reboot while in the middle of my online experience. It just completely had monitor going to sleep and full reboot.but I wrote down the log for that.

BCCode:100000ea BCPI:8488B5CB BCP2:84BE68f8 BCP3:F79E3CBC
BCP4:00000001 OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:2.0 Product:256_1

Anyone know how to read that? Well I went to details for tech info and got this string off this crash

C:\Docume~1\HP_APM~1\LOCAL5~1\Temp\WER8a8d.dir00\Mini091307-01.dmp
" " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "\Sysdata.xml

And upon the reboot also the same erro window saying I cannot run 16bit because I have to o many programs running and to shut one down and try again..I never knew i was trying to run a 16bit windows.

anyone,,I see this thread has been viewed 80 times,,anyone have any help please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-never-got-a-response-tried-to-fix-myself.623598/
Relevancy 33.54%

My system keeps getting "Internet Explorer is not responding, etc." Then I lose everything I've been working on. I've run scans and there doesn't seem to be any viruses. What should I do?

A:No Response From Ie

Try going to Start and typing in "iexplore -extoff" (without the quotes) and then press Enter
Internet Explorer will then run without any addons - if you can surf normally this way, then it's likely that it's an addon thats causing the problem.

To figure out which addon it is, close the above instance of Internet Explorer and then reopen it using one of the Desktop/Start Menu shortcuts to start it with the addons enabled. Then go to Tools....Manage Addons...Enable or Disable Addons. Then disable them one by one until you find the offending one. You may have to close and reopen IE after disabling each one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152522/no-response-from-ie/
Relevancy 33.54%

S.O.S Hi lads and lassies I am here on behalf of my grand son and his compu problem! first of all he is running a tiny went to do a reload and thats as far as it goes he doesn't no where he went wrong .he did not get as far as reloading ,his screen went blank/black when he shuts down it start's up black and nothing each time there is no white arrow nothing, I have tried the reload disk for him but no response of any kind! MAY DAY MAY DAY BLACKHAWK DOWN! CHEERS .aLL HELP GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED!

A:no response

First check if the computer hardware is working okay. Check all power and data cables are okay. How many beeps do you hear from the PC speaker when you turn it on? Do you see POST (power on self test) screen (you see BIOS and hardware information in it) when you turn it on? Does monitor go blank after the POST screen?
Also please post the model and make of your grandson's computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268692/no-response/
Relevancy 33.11%

Please help I have tried every imaginable thing on my own while trying to find someone to help This is my latest HijackThis log Thanks JaneLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Help! 6 In Days, Response Please No v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Yahoo YOP yop exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Users jawyllie AppData Local No Response In 6 Days, Please Help! jabjcdc exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD No Response In 6 Days, Please Help! -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllR - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLLO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO TwcToolbarBhoApp Class - AA F DDB-E - ba - D -E DEE AD - C Windows System TwcToolbarBho dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLLO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLLO - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run YOP quot C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe quot autostartO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintrayO - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenterO - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run DellSupport quot C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe quot startup User 'jawyllie' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run YSearchProtection C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe User 'jawyllie' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run updateMgr quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB User 'jawyllie' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenter User 'jawyllie' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run WMPNSCFG quot C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe quot User 'jawyllie' O - HKUS S- - - - - - - Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier Googl... Read more

A:No Response In 6 Days, Please Help!

You were replied to here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132345/mediaid-browser-hijacking-please-help/This topic is now closed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134007/no-response-in-6-days-please-help/
Relevancy 33.11%

I followed the pinned instructions in the "Logs" forum and posted logs on 29 October.  I realize there is a backlog, but I see threads from several days later have received help.

The pinned topic in this forum says "reply here only for this forum", so I'm starting a new thread I guess.

If I just need to wait longer, that's fine.
If I crafted my thread incorrectly and got skipped, what did I do wrong?

Original thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553857/syswos64-pchelp24x7;-pcfixspeed;-conduit;-browsersafeguard;-wdo-wont-complete/

A:6 days no response?

Did you read the Forum Guidelines?

Unfortunately, with the amount of logs we receive per day, the average response time is 5 days. However, please be assured that your topic will be looked at and responded to. Your patience is appreciated.

Did you also read this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554688/6-days-no-response/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Pls Hijackthis Log - Response all I got viruses on the my comp Packed Win Monder gen Trojan Win Obfuscated aba and not-a-virus AdWare Win Virtumonde mju according to Kaspersky Kaspersky has succesfully deleted few dll files but internet explower still doesnt work properly I have just run Combofix here is log file ComboFix - - - Anna - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running from C Documents and Settings Anna Desktop ComboFix exe Created Hijackthis Log - Pls Response a new restore point Other Deletions C WINDOWS cookies iniC WINDOWS pskt iniC WINDOWS system gpbtwbdd Hijackthis Log - Pls Response dllC WINDOWS system mcrh tmpC WINDOWS system mWwHNqru iniC WINDOWS system mWwHNqru ini C WINDOWS system smegpgtw iniC WINDOWS system urqNHwWm dllC WINDOWS system winupdate exeC WINDOWS system wtgpgems dllC WINDOWS system ygshecmj dll Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Kaspersky Lab - - - - --ahs---- C WINDOWS system drivers fidbox dat - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers klin dat - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers klick dat - - - - --ahs---- C WINDOWS system drivers fidbox idx - - - - --ahs---- C WINDOWS system drivers fidbox dat - - - - --ahs---- C WINDOWS system drivers fidbox idx - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Administrator Application Data Juniper Networks - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C kav - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS BM f e xml - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINDOWS system Kaspersky Lab - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Kaspersky Lab - - - - --a------ C tempdel bat - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system cdyzvouj dll - - - - --a------ C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data vmpifine dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Russobit-M - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Buena Vista Games - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system CmdLineExt dll - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files D-Tools - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers d bus sys - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS system drivers d prt sys - - - - --ah----- C WINDOWS QTFont qfn - - - - --a------ C WINDOWS QTFont for - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files VirtualNetwork - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files BitAccelerator - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files C - - - - --ah----- C WINDOWS system mlfcache dat Find M Report - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Net Phone CommCenter - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings Anna Application Data Skype - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings Anna Application Data skypePM - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Norton - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings Anna Application Data OpenOffice org - - --------- d-----w C Documents and Settings Anna Application Data Juniper Networks - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Picasa - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Java - - ----a-w C WINDOWS system drivers COH Mon inf - - ----a-w C WINDOWS system drivers COH Mon sys - - ----a-w C WINDOWS system drivers COH Mon cat - - ----a-w C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ezsid dat - - ----a-w C Program Files wt d ini - - --sh--w C WINDOWS cnerolf dat - - --sh--r C WINDOWS system BAB F CC sys - - --sha-w C WINDOWS system KGyGaAvL sys Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser Helper Objects E B F- EA - E-D E - DC - - --a------ C WINDOWS system cdyzvouj dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser Helper Objects D FB - D D- D- AA- AD AD B F C WINDOWS system hgGYQkjh dll HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot ctfmon exe quot quot C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe quot - - quot CommCtr quot quot C PROGRA NET PH CommCtr exe qu... Read more

A:Hijackthis Log - Pls Response

Hi and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. Click START then RUN Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK

When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"Please go to this page and scroll down to step 6.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/Follow the directions there to run DSS and then post those logs back here in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144004/hijackthis-log-pls-response/
Relevancy 33.11%

I recently bought an LCD monitor and I was wondering if anyone knew of a utility I can use to find the response time for my monitor. I've tried searching the net and I'm having trouble finding specs on my particular model. Zenith (LG) 921Z. Thank you.

A:Response time

Response time 25ms.HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/response-time.53890/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am running WinXP SP3 and have CA Antivirus; PC Tools firewall and 512Mb memory.

Even before installing SP3 my laptop has been very slow to respond to any command. Sometimes it will take nearly a minute to open a folder.

I regular scan with Spybot and do not appear to be infected in any way.

I defrag regularly.

What can I do to find the problem please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-response-296935.html
Relevancy 33.11%

im looking for a new flat screen LCD monitor
im told that for games and video you want a low response time. some of the monitors that iv looked at are between 30 and 15 (the lowest i found)

anyone out there that knows what im talking about? any advice?
thanX

A:LCD response time?

15ms would be a very good response time. The response time is a bit like the srcreenn refresh rate the slower the time on a LCD the more likely the ghosting of images across the screen particularly on action scenes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-response-time.243497/
Relevancy 33.11%

Here is no before.... from Hijack this PLEASE response my log please check to see if I m clean as I have not heard from my previous post two days ago after performing stinger and Ad-Aware SE personal They said I had PLEASE Hijack this no response from before.... new net virus Could this have happened because my daughter downloaded Lime Wire Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tbc net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title TBC Net Inc Internet Explorer O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar no name - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe O - HKLM Run URLLSTCK exe C Program Files Norton Internet Se... Read more

A:PLEASE Hijack this no response from before....

Instead of reposting new threads, go to your old post and do a
bump

instead.

It looks like you still have something there on your log and I can't help you from this work computer. Its bad form to keep posting new threads - just do the bump and be patient, someone will help you. Thats what this place is all about...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-hijack-this-no-response-from-before.277155/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am messed up pretty good. I have several but can see Bankerfox.A, win32/Nuqel.E and ldpinchV. I tried to install hijack this but says files consent.exe is infected. Then asks do you want to install anyways? I click yes and it takes me to this page: http://os-shield.com/order?prodid=4&r=51.1 Please advise me on what to do next thank you.

Relevancy 33.11%

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic463293.html/page__gopid__2791658#entry2791658

I have not received a reply to the question about the computers I can't log into with safe mode, and I'm afraid to log into the network with the one he requested logs for. A friend told me to run combofix so I did, but then when I went to look at instructions I found out I'm not supposed to run it without help. Only one of the three laptops never had combo fix run on it.now I'm at a standstill. Please help. These computers are being used for a treatment for my two sons that has to be completed ASAP. I need at least one functional computer that can go safely on Internet in order to administer the treatment. Right now all I have is iPad. :-(

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463863/need-help-asap-no-response-since-731/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys,

need your help here..

My PC which is a P4 3Ghz with HT & 1GB RAM, is working fine most of the time. But, all of a sudden, when I try to access a file or delete a file, the hard disk light is turned on (without blinking) and everything stopps working. the mouse still moves, I can see the hour glass also. it is like this from 1 min to 10 minutes..
Have enough hard disk space, virus scanner up to date..

Any ideas what could be wrong...

cheers

A:Slow response..

Hello and welcome to TSF
Is it when you try and delete/acess a certain file/files/folders,
Or is it with every one?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-response-154824.html
Relevancy 33.11%

There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis so at times we get a bit overwhelmed If your post hasn't been answered in hours please PM one of the BSOD analysts with a link to your post FYI - At times we do end up days behind so please be patient with us Also if you bump your topic it will move you up in the Last Post Info queue - so it seems as if you're being helped We generally work from the oldest post to the most recent Please provide this information so we can provide Have for you waiting been response? a a complete analysis from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum Blue Screen of Death BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows amp Vista Please provide it when you start a topic - even if you're not experiencing BSOD's Finally we usually get Have you been waiting for a response? busiest after Patch Tuesday the nd Tuesday of the month I suspect that this is mostly due to outdated drivers that aren't compatible with the new patches This is a clue - please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates It may take several visits and several reboots to get them all Also be sure you have all driver updates from the manufacturer's website FYI - IME this fixes most BSOD's I don't post the names of the analysts here as they change and their availability changes also Either post here or skim the forums and look for an analyst that's active Most of us have subscribed to this topic so a post here will get an email sent out to the subscribers I am one of them Credits for the above post - usasma

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591918/have-you-been-waiting-for-a-response/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi

I am having an issue where in IE11 that Google just doesn't bring back anything at all. All I get is a white page.

Any idea why? Screenshot below.

Thanks

A:Google=No Response

Try turning off the auto search option in Google settings, and try updating your browser.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/google-no-response-1060842.html
Relevancy 33.11%

i run windows xp and have a wireless mouse & keyboard
the keyboard as stopped responding mouse still works
ive tried all the proceedures per instruction book
new batteries changed usb ports still nothing can
anyone help

A:keyboard no response

Are you sure the batteries were put in correctly? I have known people to put them in wrong.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-no-response.803914/
Relevancy 33.11%

I rarely use IE and only have it installed because I have to but I need to use it sometimes but now it does not load, I can not update nor can I even remove it. It's like it's not there because when trying to uninstall it, it can't find any of the files and it wants me to put in a NT disk.

I have XP Pro SP3 installed and it says that I have(had) IE 8 installed.

A:[SOLVED] IE 8 has no response for anything

If you need to uninstall it, it might be looking for the files of the "previous version" to which it would roll back. You need to enter the path of the i386 folder (OS Disc/Manufacturers keep a copy in C:\i386) and once you enter the path, the rest of the uninstall will continue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-ie-8-has-no-response-for-anything-789498.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I held down power button to turn off. When I turn it back on, it loads everything, but there is no response at all when I click to open any file

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-response-at-all-after-loading-309043.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Perhaps one or two of you folks can offer some suggestions to an issue I seem to be having...

Lately Windows seems to be very slow responding .. ie: opening a program, opening Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer used to open up within a second or two at the most.
Now it seems to wait about five or even ten seconds before opening...
I have done a few checks.
1. My connection speed is well above average 15,000 kbps
2. A full sweep for Spyware, Trojans and viruses with a few programs.
(Spysweeper, Spybot, McAfee Virus Scan, A2, Ad-Aware, X-Cleaner, Pest Patrol)

I have not installed anything different, and have gone back a few Restore points with the same effect.

Is there anything that I am missing or does anyone have this issue and can suggest a solution??

HELP! It's driving me crazy and it is very fustrating...

A:Slow Response

Hi waxace, and Welcome to TSF!

When was the last time that you defragmented your Drive?
A fragmented Drive can cause performance issues.

This is how to do it....

Firstly, double click on your desktop icon "My Computer", then right click on the local Disk C: > Properties > Disk Clean up > OK > OK. [If you have more than one HDD, repeat these steps for the others too.]
Now when that's finished, close out of 'My Computer', and...

Go Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defreagmenter.
Once in there just follow the prompts; one piece of advice, do not do any other tasks whilst the defragmenter is in operation.

You might want to also try this too..

Right click on "Internet Explorer" > Properties > Programs > Manage Add-ons > disable any BHO's especially the SSV Helper Class BHO > apply > OK.

This should make an improvement in the operational 'speed' of your computer.
Post back with the results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-response-118359.html