Windows Support Forum

admin icon missing on welcome screen(xp)

Q: admin icon missing on welcome screen(xp)

I DO NOT HAVE ANY USER NAMES ON MY WELCOME SCREEN.
I was tring to set up a user for myself besides admin and that is where all my problems started.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: admin icon missing on welcome screen(xp)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: admin icon missing on welcome screen(xp)

Welcome to Techspot I hope you enjoy it here.
It sounds like you did not check the 'Users must enter a user name and passwrd to use this computer ' on the user accounts page for each user including Admin.
If this doesn't work there are other things that can affect this but I would need more info.
Remember the Admin user and user #1 can't have the same name
Tell us how it works out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-icon-missing-on-welcome-screen-xp.12012/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all - I had a virus about a week ago (Virtumonde) and managed to remove it after some work. I then later tried to install Windows XP SP3 and it failed on install due to "access denied" error... probably AVG or Spysweeper. Anyway, I went into mu user account just to do some looking and checking and noticed that my icons in the Learn About section are just "X's" as well as the icon next to the User Accounts title (see screen shot).Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated... little frustrated.orion6192

A:Missing Icon on User Control Screen

Try running this scan, which should reset any restrictions caused by malware:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186821/missing-icon-on-user-control-screen/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all, please help me this problem, yesterday i was browsing the net and suddenly there is a security tool appearing on my computer. from time to time it appears. And my screen become block and all the icons in desktop are disappear. I cannot right click also on the desktop. I try to open ms word and paint but it doesnt work. Please advice me. Thanks in advance..EDIT: Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected, more appropriate for subject/topic ~ Hamluis.

A:Screen become black and missing icon desktop

can you give more detail on the security tool? is it actually called "Security Tool"?
can you try ctrl+shift+esc and see the applications you wanted to run in the task manager?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309157/screen-become-black-and-missing-icon-desktop/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey, I've been coming to this forum for a while now since I set up my Windows 7 system, the tutorials here are fantastic, and have helped me customized Windows 7 just the way I want it!

except just after the last couple of days, I noticed that a few of the icons in the start menu were missing, and replaced with what looks like an Adobe Illustrator file icon, and when I open the program, it also shows the Illustrator icon on the task bar :S

I was just wondering if any of you might know what would cause something like this, and I greatly appreciate any help that is given

I'll attach a photo to show you exactly what I mean:

A:Icon Help: Icons missing and replaced with Illustrator File Icon

Hello RadiantPaladin, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if rebuilding the icon index may be able to fix it for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/131525-icon-help-icons-missing-replaced-illustrator-file-icon.html
Relevancy 52.03%

The shortcut icons for my desktop icons are all missing and have been for about a year. I foolishly must have installed something at some point that removed the shortcut icons. I just started searching for results only to find a solution on this forum.

The problem is that the information that I need is in closed threads that no longer have the attachments that I would need to solve this issue.

The following link was the article that I found that had the correct info that I needed.

[SOLVED] Icons on desktop have 'missing file icon' instead of shortcut arrow?

If someone could please help me out with this issue (even though it has already been covered) I would be very thankful.

A:[SOLVED] 'Missing file' icon instead of shortcut icon

Hi, run the attached .zip file it will open a Lnk.reg file right click on this and select Merge. Restart your computer.

Scuts.zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-missing-file-icon-instead-of-shortcut-icon-579026.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, please help me solve this simple problem..My icons (image), the picture went missing, now only showing the default file type.And you know it is troublesome for a designer to view every folder to know its content, when I could just view it first hand without opening the folder.This is how it looks now.When normally it looks like this,the one is circled is how it should normally be like, but after a few seconds it turn into the ones i marked Xim quite frustrated over this.Please let me know what happened.Thanks<3,BX

A:Icon's (icon Image Preview) Went Missing

Open up Windows Explorer, click on the Tools menu and select Folder Options
Click on the View tab
In the window that opens, uncheck the top box that says "Always show icons, never thumbnails" and then click on Apply

Check your folders to see if this change has taken affect.

BTW - if you can't see the menu items, press the Alt key and the File...Edit...View...Tools...Help menu items should appear. To keep this behavior permanent, put a check in the 2nd box where it states "Always show menus"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147283/icons-icon-image-preview-went-missing/
Relevancy 50.74%

The number of name in reg is 29 but what is the number of the icon shield admin??, is for change it, thanks.

A:UAC icon shield admin

Hi XzDres and welcome to 10 forums. The UAC icon shield number is 78 but I'm not sure if you can eliminate it in the same way as the shortcut arrow but worth a try and if not successful try the tutorial below

Clear uac icon overlays on windows 8 icons

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/27551-uac-icon-shield-admin.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys This is my first post I icon admin on Small exe's recently did a clean Windows Ultimate bit install after a virus and am running Kaspersky Internet Security for the first time and this has started happening After the install everything was normal except I couldn't delete some old folders on some of the disks because they were owned by User - - - and read this was the previous install user so I went through the ownership changed it to Me and deleted them I am a n b so may have done something to cause this in the process not sure At some stage since then again sorry not sure exactly when all downloaded install executable's and some of the previous installs ones already on the disks have this small admin icon on them and can only be run as an Administrator I noticed this when trying to install Adobe Reader and failed saying it couldn't access the User Admin temp dir Strange thing is only some of the previous builds exe's are like this eg in the pic MusicMixer and MediaMonkey were both already the disk and now one has the admin icon but not the other Any help please is very much appreciated Thank you Cheers Lik Edit Something I just realised which may explain Small admin icon on exe's why I hadn't Small admin icon on exe's seen this before is because before the virus I was running a single user account that was a member of the administrators group After the virus and with my new install I changed that so my user account was no longer a member of the administrators group and enabled the administrators account But still confused a bit as think there is a subtle difference between me running the app to be installed as me and then the system requesting admin access if required opposed to running it and therefore installing it as admin Thanks again

A:Small admin icon on exe's

Hello Likwidsh0k, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You have it correct. The yellow/blue sheild overlay icon on a icon indicates that the program requires UAC permission from the administrator before Windows allows the program to run elevated (run as administrator).

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/116266-small-admin-icon-exes.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Over the last couple of days my PC has developed what I think is its first Vista error it's nearly months old The first thing I noticved was that the network notification icon showed me as disconnected even though I was web surfing with no problems at the time Since then I've noticed a few things wrong Not only does the network icon not work clicking on quot connect to a network quot or anything errors Admin and Network icon on that just causes the PC to hang No programs start up automatically now even if they are in the startup folder Civilisation the only game I have installed doesn't run - I just get the Admin and Network icon errors little spinning disc Paint Shop Pro loads its splash screen but stops halfway and doesn't open Admin and Network icon errors the program Anything I do that requires admin access causes the computer to hang - I can't access Computer Management run any programs as admin or even Admin and Network icon errors move copy some files The PC won't autorun any CDs or DVDs though I can open their folders I've been trying to fix this and googled a few solutions though none have worked so far probably due to me not having administrator access I've used the Vista disc to System Restore the PC a few times and although this works the next time I restart the machine the same problems are back again The first two things that appear after System Restore works is my antivirus Avast telling me it needs to restart which of course will cause the PC to go bad again and a program I've never heard of called quot Bigfix quot telling me that it can't connect to a site so I'm being unsubscribed The PC is a Gateway desktop GT b with an extra GB of RAM a second hard drive and an NVidia GeForce SE GS graphics card One thing I did also try was to install my old XP disc onto my second hard drive but I got a Blue Screen of Death before it let me I don't know if this is related Thanks for any help

A:Admin and Network icon errors

Would people generally recommend reinstalling Vista? I've got all documents saved on the second HD, so it'll be an inconvenience, but not a nightmare.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173816/admin-and-network-icon-errors/
Relevancy 49.45%

Okay. basically I think I tried everything, this is so stupid but it's a real problem look at the picture down below, how do you remove the shield? so it's back to normal it's quite annoying, please help!!

http://i48.tinypic.com/20zwn5x.png

A:How to disable ''run as admin'' / remove shield icon?

Hello Jon, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The shield overlay icon is normal to see on a program's icon when it requires administrator approval via UAC prompt before running "elevated".

If you completely disable UAC, it will break all Metro Store apps and prevent them from running until UAC is enabled again. Disabling UAC will not always remove the shield overlay.

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/20833-how-disable-run-admin-remove-shield-icon.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys! I 've noticed that since I updated my Lumia 950 to Anniversary, the charging icon and the vibration icon have both stopped appearing on my glance screen.I know it is not such a big deal, but it was useful knowing I had the phone on vibrate, or that it was charging fine.
Has anyone of you noticed this?
Thanks in advance!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437288-charging-icon-vibration-icon-disappeared-glance-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

Can we give the local area connection icon(which will be at the right end of the task bar) complete access to the local user which is not having admin privileges as we give some time and date permissions if required to the local user which is not having admin privileges like that.

Awaiting for the reply.

A:local area connection icon access - non admin user in windows

help me on this please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-icon-access-non-admin-user-in-windows.958659/
Relevancy 47.3%

tho I rarely use it, i now have need for the 'run as administrator' option. i recall it available via r-clik context menu on a selected item. it is not there now. what happened? can i get it back, or is there an alternate way?

thnx.

A:Run As Admin Missing

Hello MourningStar,

Hopefully this will help.

Run as Administrator - Add or Remove from Context Menu in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221083-run-admin-missing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently our secretary informed me that in the past - months she had a strange occurrence twice The micro running windows was locked and making a beeping sound she couldn t describe the pattern but must had been very noisy since she mistook it with an alarm going off On the monitor there was a blue not sure about the color screen with a big computer icon in the center no description or text whatsoever no windows taskbar or anything Underneath this central icon was a smaller one with a speaker icon that you could click on from what she explained the mouse was working muting the beeping sound The only escape route micro might support! Anybody noise, know merely 3040 with that screen mouse Optiplex and beeping solid a a computer icon, strange a BSOD smaller - this be? icon mute was the power button of the computer At first I thought it must have been the new Windows BSOD When I googled it though I couldn t find any similar incident the BSOD appears different from her description too I checked the event log but there was nothing critical or error that I couldn t account for It has Kaspersky internet security installed and it s up to date so I doubt it s some virus malware Plus the computer is new - months Now I m wondering if it was indicative of hardware failure or power surge I asked her to take a photo next time she sees it but I thought I d ask here in the meantime nbsp - I ve seen computers coming up with a screen from the MoBo informing me that the computer was locked in order to avoid damage from a power surge that just happened But Optiplex 3040 micro strange BSOD - beeping noise, merely a solid screen with a computer icon, a smaller mute icon and mouse support! Anybody know that this might be? never seen one with a mouse cursor and no text at all Anybody with a dell having come across anything similar any idea what that might

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993474
Relevancy 46.87%

W- with SP Have User accounts one missing for Admin Logon as quot pat Admin quot the other as quot alex Admin Password protected quot Whether booting Restart Switch User Log off the quot alex Administrator Password Protected quot does not appear anywhere except in quot User Accounts Manage another account quot from the CP It boots directly to quot pat quot Switch User quot just opens back to quot pat quot same with Log off PC had been infected with mucho Adware and was cleaned with this problem resulting System Restore had no affect it rebooted to quot pat quot with no User option Safe Mode has no affect quot alex quot in quot Manage Accounts quot quot Make changes to alex's account quot has the options available quot netplwiz quot quot Users quot has quot alez quot and quot pat quot quot pat quot is accessable to add a password quot alex quot is not Logon missing for Admin clickable I can access all of Alex core folders in quot C Users alex quot Help appreciated Pete

A:Logon missing for Admin

In netplwiz / Users, is Alex still an admin? If not, can you click on Alex or click Properties and go to Group Membership and make him so? Then reboot.

Otherwise, I would assume corruption of the account, and would rescue data, delete the account and make a new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363932-logon-missing-admin.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So I am new to vista and i was messing around with the user accounts For some reason when i go to switch user or log of I only have the option to log on as a regular user without admin rights its says AMD below the picture Now if i go into the user account settings i see my created admin account missing admin account but i can not make any changes since I have no admin rights on the account i am logged in with When I try to switch users I cant because admin account missing only the account with no rights appears I tried to boot in save mode to see if the admin account is hidden it is not but it says ASP NET with the name of the admin account no idea if that means any thing When I try to unhide a account if gives me error messages So I have an admin account but it is not visible when trying to log in in order for me to install programs or allow downloads in need to be the admin Any suggestions

A:admin account missing

Hello Uzzi, and welcome to Vista Forums.

It sounds like you may have changed your user account type to a Standard account leaving you with only this account and the hidden built-in Administrator account. See if you can boot into Safe Mode and log into the built-in Administrator account, then change your user account back to being a adminstrator type account.

User Account Type

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/216321-admin-account-missing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Am I in trouble Ok heres the deal My moms computer had a big red X next to the C Drive so I ran AVG and it wouldnt work it just froze up So I did some poking around online and found Vundo So I ran it and it found a bunch of stuff and then deleted it all Then when I restarted the PC I get the quot NTLDR is missing Press ctrl-alt-delete to restart quot error message So I found out how to fix that with a boot disk Here comes problem number one the recovery disk is HP Windows XP sp Im not sure if the OS is the same because the disk is from my laptop both are HP windows xp So I put in the disk hit ctrl-alt-del and press enter to boot from disk Everything looks normal it says windows setup and is loading files at the bottom of the screen At the welcome screen I press R and am taken to the recovery console This is where it gets weird I get this list which reads E MiniNt have NTLDR no is admin password! and I missing E I C WINDOWS D WINDOWS NTLDR is missing and I have no admin password! So I press and Enter and get this C WINDOWS gt I hit enter and I guess I dont need a password I enter MAP and get this E FAT MB Device Harddisk Partition C NTFS MB Device Harddisk Partition D NTFS MB Device Harddisk Partition A Device Floppy F Device CdRom then I type quot copy c ntldr c quot and hit ENTER The it says quot Access is denied quot Now what do I do This computer is kinda old and has a three HDs with over gigs of storage and she has filled about gigs with whatever stuff she has pictures and videos and whatnot and tons of business stuff shes a loan officer I would hate to tell her that I ruined her computer What can I do Please help me figure this out We would be more than happy to offer a donation to the site if we can get some advice Thanks in advance J D nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Good day all-- been a while since I've been here (thank goodness really) means not too many probs.. Here is mine. Bought used laptop. I can only sign on as "limited" user. No admin account there to switch too. As ya know,,, can't do all with "limited" account.. Help please .................. and is S. K. still around???

Relevancy 46.44%

NTLDR is missing and I don't know the Admin Password

I have done everything I can think of. I tried creating a boot disk from instructions on the web and that didn't work.

I have tried every password I can think of. I have hit enter with no luck.

I was trying to get a password find download but could not find any that seemed legit.....

I booted up a vista cd but it wanted to wipe out everything I had on my harddrive.

When I try to Repair it from the Wind XP cd it needs an admin password which I can not figure out. Is there a download that I can transfer to my thumb drive to get my computer back up again. I have a Dell Vostro 1520.

Thank you so much!
Kristy

A:NTLDR is missing and no Admin Password

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

You will need to contact Dell for the Admin password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ntldr-is-missing-and-no-admin-password-790554.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I m having some issues with one of my PC s After about a minute at desktop it would completely lock up Using msconfig I was able to isolate at least one of the things causing it a service called Windows Management Instrumentation Keeping it and it s co-responding service unchecked in msconfig stops the freeze and allows my computer ot seemingly work as if all is well However I m skeptical that is the case Also missing freezes/admin Computer another problem occurred yesterday all of a sudden my admin Computer freezes/admin missing account no longer displayed on the login screen I had taken my PC to a repair shop last week and the guy created a new account Computer freezes/admin missing this account has administrator priveledges just as the old one does However it is missing a lot of files and documents that were from my old account When booting in safe mode both accounts still display Why is Computer freezes/admin missing this Another question does anyone know what the service CaReTaKeR-CT NetMgr is does It looks a bit seedy so I ve currently disabled it Thanks in advance for any insight assistance nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I'm having some issues with one of my PC's After about a minute at desktop it would completely lock up Using msconfig I was able to isolate at least one of the Computer freezes/admin missing things causing it a service called 'Windows Management Instrumentation' Keeping it and it's co-responding service unchecked in msconfig stops the freeze and allows my computer ot seemingly work as if Computer freezes/admin missing all is well Computer freezes/admin missing However I'm skeptical that is the case Also another problem occurred yesterday all of a sudden my admin account no longer displayed on the login screen I had taken my PC to a repair shop last week and the guy created a new account this account has administrator priveledges just as the old one does However it is missing a lot of files and documents that were from my old account When booting in safe mode both accounts still display Why Computer freezes/admin missing is this Another question does anyone know what the service CaReTaKeR-CT NetMgr is does It looks a bit seedy so I've currently disabled it Thanks in advance for any insight assistance

A:Computer freezes/admin missing

Hi and Welcome,
WMI is legit, but what I am seeing you are correct in caretaker-ct. You should do post in hjt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-freezes-admin-missing-166849.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all, new user here.

I've had this problem happen to me before and I fixed it the first time. But I just can't seem to remember what to look for now or how to fix it so hopefully you guys can help.

I had to restart my computer to more or less refresh it because it was running slow after being on for a while. But instead of restarting normally, chkdsk ran and then when Windows came up, I had lost some of my previous files and settings and I have forgotten how to get them restored.

I'm running WinXP Pro 2002. Thanks for the help in advance!

A:Missing Admin Account Files/settings

Did you try running chkdsk /f /r - the switches will attempt to repair the issues that chkdsk found. My concern is that, if this is a "regular" thing, then there's something wrong deeper in the PC, and that you may eventually end up losing this data/files/settings permanently.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102656/missing-admin-account-filessettings/
Relevancy 46.01%

I need some help a fairly long story but I think I may have some different options System Dell Windows XP Background - was running an erase program that writes over deleted data and cleans up the clusters It was about through and stopped responding At that time it was running through the master boot record It hung forever so I end tasked the application Then I went into defrag and saw my available memory was I was figuring that it was writing a temp file somewhere and that just rebooting the pc would clean it up Bad idea I reboot and get the NTLDR missing issue I research that and find that most likely I will need the XP recovery disk I printed out serious help...reinstall to forgotted missing and due admin xp ntldr of Need pw how to correct it etc So I boot from the cd in safe mode - and Need serious help...reinstall of xp due to ntldr missing and forgotted admin pw find that I need my admin password I wrote it down years ago - so most likely have it somewhere but over of my stuff is in storage So bottomline I dont have it and it would be mere luck if I found it in the next years So - I do some more research and find I can use a windows disk or a linux bootable disk I go to a buddies and create the linux iso on a bootable cd One issue I forgot my cd player was on the fritz so it wont read the bootcd I then create a boot floppy but it wont read it on bootup Got all that You can see the bind I am in So I basically reserved myself to reinstalling xp and losing everything I reinstall xp - and at install it shows partitions One was Need serious help...reinstall of xp due to ntldr missing and forgotted admin pw a fat which it said mb were being used I delete that thinking it will just redo it with the cd Then I reinstall in the partition NTFS that showed the current xp thinking it will just overwrite all the files Well it didnt So now under explore I can see all the old files Both show under the c drive I run this that Johnwill provided here http forums techguy org showthread php t amp page amp pp attrib -r -s -h c boot ini copy c boot ini c boot txt attrib r s h c boot ini Output file boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOW S operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition quot fastdetect multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition quot fastdetect I have done a ton or research yes my wife is not happy and see a few options Somehow get a password cracker to get my original admin pw so I can do a recovery from xp bootdisk and then somehow uninstall the xp version I installed last night Not sure if this can be done or if the files are so intermingled that it would never work I tried johnripper and couldnt get the pw MY cd player will pick up the xp install disk but again will not read a cdrom or music etc Somehow copy over the ntldr file to the old drive which I can see everything through explore and then remove the new xp Figure out how to just remove everthing both xp s and then do a new install and lose everything If I do a reinstall I would like to put my partitions back to the original way it was - but have no idea what was on the fat and why I am thinking I need to just clean out everthing and start over I would hate to invest another hours on this only to find removing however I can do it the new xp is nearly impossible if I want to keep the old ANY help is greatly appreciated - I have spent a ton of time researching this but really at this point need some guidance Thank in advance Patrick nbsp

A:Need serious help...reinstall of xp due to ntldr missing and forgotted admin pw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-serious-help-reinstall-of-xp-due-to-ntldr-missing-and-forgotted-admin-pw.229704/
Relevancy 46.01%

Apparently, my Control Panel is nowhere to be found.
I've looked everywhere, and when I try to search for it in run, it says I don't have administrative permissions, even though I'm on the Owner account, and there IS no other account. Also, because of the lack of permissions, I can't install anything or change my clock. Help? If you need more information, please tell me what and I'll try to explain myself better. Thank you!

A:XP: Missing Control Panel and No Admin Account!

Welcome to TSG forums.
Not sure this will work , but you might try right clicking on my computer (in Vista computer) and select manage. there is a menu of several choices there, click on User, then again on user when the box opens, you should be able to access the administrator and or change the user stuff there.
post back and let us know how it goes.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-missing-control-panel-and-no-admin-account.873962/
Relevancy 46.01%

This question probably has been answered already, so I do apologize. I'm in a bit of a hurry. My problem is I'm missing my Accessories folder completely and my Admin Tools folder isn't located in the START/ALL PROGRAMS/ tree. This is what I've done so far:

Admin Tools

The folder is located in Prog Data/Microsoft/Windows/Startup...... and the folder is not hidden, but still is not showing in the correct area (START/ALL PROGRAMS/) Right now, the folder is pinned in the Start Menu.

Accessories

I just don't have this folder at all. I did go to Control Panel and "showed all my folders" but still no Accessories. Does anyone know where I can download this folder so I can place it in the correct place? If not, is there a solution for this?

Please help.

Thanks,
Craig

A:Missing Accessories and Admin Tools Folder

Hello Craig,

Double check to make sure that you have Administrative Tools set to show.Administrative Tools - Add or Remove from Start Menu
Afterwards, you can use the tutorials below to restore any missing default shortcuts for Home Premium.Start Menu All Programs in Windows 7 - Restore Default Shortcuts

Administrative Tools - Restore Shortcuts
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338172-missing-accessories-admin-tools-folder.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Recently, the Admin Tools icon disappeared from my Control Panel. There is a blank icon there but it doesn?t do anything. The admin tools folder in the start menu works fine, so I guess the tools are still there. I just can?t open them from the Control Panel.

How can I delete this blank icon and get the Admin Tools icon back in the Control Panel?

Thanx,

Randy

A:Admin Tools Missing From Control Panel

Hi, wonder how you managed this! Copy and paste all in the code box (yes I am using it) below then copy and paste it into notepad in notepad select file and save as in the box save as ADMIN.REG and save to desktop. open desktop and double click on the file to merge into registry, reboot to take effect.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}]
"InfoTip"=hex(2):40,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,\
6f,00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,\
00,73,00,68,00,65,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,\
2d,00,32,00,32,00,39,00,32,00,31,00,00,00
"LocalizedString"=hex(2):40,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,\
6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,\
00,5c,00,73,00,68,00,65,00,6c,00,6c,00,33,00,32,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,\
2c,00,2d,00,32,00,32,00,39,00,38,00,32,00,00,00
@="Administrative Tools"
"System.ApplicationName"="Microsoft.AdministrativeTools"
"System.ControlPanel.Category"="5"
"System.ControlPanel.EnableInSafeMode"=dword:00000003
"System.Software.TasksFileUrl"="Internal"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\DefaultIcon]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,69,00,6d,00,\
61,00,67,00,65,00,72,00,65,00,73,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,2c,00,2d,00,31,\

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\InProcServer32]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,73,00,68,00,\
64,00,6f,00,63,00,76,00,77,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\Instance]
"CLSID"="{F3364BA0-65B9-11CE-A9BA-00AA004AE837}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\Instance\InitPropertyBag]
"TargetKnownFolder"="{D0384E7D-BAC3-4797-8F14-CBA229B392B5}"
"HelpTopic"="mshelp://windows/?id=1A8DF084-BD58-4C60-8B62-C5BC3E08A09B"
"Attributes"="0x00000011"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D20EA4E1-3957-11d2-A40B-0C5020524153}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=dword:60000100
"WantsFORPARSING"=""

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/admin-tools-missing-from-control-panel-296992.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Most of the advice I've seen on this subject assumes that either the folders do not exist or that the shortcuts within the folders are missing. That is not the case on this system. If I look in All Users\Start Menu\Programs, both folders are present, and each folder has its full complement of shortcuts.

The issue is that they don't appear when the Start Menu is displayed. The folders are not hidden, and I haven't been able to identify a registry key that would prevent them displaying, so I am baffled.

Has anyone run across this issue? Have a solution?

Relevancy 46.01%

New to this site, and a beginner on fixing things. I'm runnin win xpsp2 and i so far ran spysweeper, avg, super antispyware, ccleaner, and regcleaner. I cannot find my control panel, cannot click on time clock, cannot do win update even by going to microsoft.com, and cannot click on my name in the start menu and every thing says " THis operation has been canceled due to restrictions on computer Please contact sys admin" which i am admin. Everything i ran above has found things but still no help on fixing my problem. Thanks for you help

A:Missing Control Panel, No Admin Access

What things are you finding? The name of the malware would helpful. Are you getting any pop ups saying your computer is infected or to download certain programs?System Restore from a command prompt in "Safe Mode" to return to a previous state before your problems began?If that does not help, then try doing your scans in "Safe Mode". Make sure you are doing scans while logged into the "Administrator Account" or an "account with administrator privileges".Let us know what they find and we will direct you from there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118837/missing-control-panel-no-admin-access/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi folks Big problems on my PC running XP Home version Control Panel has disappeared All tasks that require admin rights including correcting the clock are unavailable and generate the following message quot Restrictions The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot a pop up box titled quot Copying quot Missing; Revoked; Control Rights All Admin More Panel appears every - minutes and spends seconds copying with a pop up box titled quot Windows Security Alert quot appears every - minutes with the following text quot Warning Potential Sptware Operation Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system Control Panel Missing; All Admin Rights Revoked; More and Internet files Run full scan now to prevent any unathorised access to Control Panel Missing; All Admin Rights Revoked; More your files Click here to download Spyware Remover quot I have Firefox as my default browser yet every - miinutes an IE session starts up and attempts to access this URL quot http alert htm quot The Symantic AV Enterprise version I run seems to be disabled I have seen similar problems listed on this blog but Control Panel Missing; All Admin Rights Revoked; More it seems each needed specific instructions and repeated HJT logs My only experience with cleaning the PC is running various anti virus spyware programs I have followed the instuctions for posting and have run each of the reecommended tools except SpyBot S amp D and Stinger which would not run Any help is greatly appreciated Initial HJT log follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINNT System nvsvc exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT system SK DM EXEC WINNT GWMDMMSG exeC WINNT system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC WINNT system promon exeC WINNT System NMSSvc exeC PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exeC Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINNT Delphi exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exeC PROGRA SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINNT medichi exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINNT system ctfmon exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files VMK Communicator VMK Communicator exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINNT system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast High-Speed InternetR - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D... Read more

A:Control Panel Missing; All Admin Rights Revoked; More

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum gtrmanMy name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546You are well advised to remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present,then restart your pc:ViewpointViewpoint ManagerViewpoint Media PlayerDownload SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop:http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe* Double click on SDFix on your desktop,and install the fix to C:\ Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:* Restart your computer* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".* Choose your usual account.* In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.* Type Y to begin the script.* It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.* Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.* When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.* Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123217/control-panel-missing;-all-admin-rights-revoked;-more/
Relevancy 45.15%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP account - Admin restricted Log missing etc. panel, for control WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C PROGRA MAILCO RMPwpCli exe C WINDOWS system svchost Log for restricted Admin account - missing control panel, etc. exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqnrs exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Mail Connector PwpUpdtr exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings kenneth My Documents Program Setup Files hijackthis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system HPZinw exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C Program Files McAfee SpamKiller MSKDetct exe uninstall O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run THGuard quot C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe quot O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run DellSupport quot C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe quot startup O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUP... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/log-for-restricted-admin-account-missing-control-panel-etc.640730/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I ve seen several people with similar problems PLease help Here are my symptoms Control panel has disappeared from the Start menu I m unable to access desktop properties or allow Active-X downloads because quot that operation has been cancelled due to restriction in place on this computer Contact your system administrator quot I m the only user and presumably Administrator of this computer I receive a message on startup that says the computer can Missing control lost Panel, privileges admin. t find System printer exe or something along those lines My computer runs Windows XP I ve attached an HJT logfile below Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system basfipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Wireless-G Music Bridge WMB G exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system printer exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Missing control Panel, lost admin. privileges Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run Linksys WMB G Utility C Program Files Wireless-G Music Bridge WMB G exe -R O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run CmFlywaveName C WINDOWS System CmFlywav exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run EasyLinkAdvisor quot C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe quot startup O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup hp psc series lnk O - Global Startup hpoddt exe lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Trusted Zone http housecall trendmicro com O - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http eu-housecall trendmicro-europe com housecall applet html native x win activex hcImpl cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - AppInit DLLs C WINDOWS system sulimo dat O - Service Broadcom ASF IP monitoring service v BAsfIpM - Broadcom Corp - C WINDOWS system basfipm exe O - Service Intel NCS NetService NetSvc - Intel R Corporation - C Program Files Intel NCS Sync NetSvc exe O - Service NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc - C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe O - Service Pml Driver HPZ - HP - C WINDOWS system H... Read more

A:Missing control Panel, lost admin. privileges

Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-control-panel-lost-admin-privileges.642812/
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
I have tried every password ever used.
I have tried going to cmd prompt
I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31028-admin-password-unknown-missing-files-after-upload.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry I do not know the name of what is messing with my computer I am running on Vista My virus protection went down and I get an error saying I need admin privledges I get errors when I try to run ESET says I dont have some DLL file and when I run combofix it says I dont have permisssion I am also getting svchost errors Since trying to fix the computer I have run a number of things ccleaner junkware removal tool farbar recovery scan tool adwcleaner---and I even ran a official microsoft windows tool to scan for missing files--that is in adition to No privledges Svchost missing admin errors Avast/Combofix, run DLL, to ESET and combofix All I have managed to accomplish is a BSOD and an unresponsive computer I had to remove the battery and unplug everything to even get it to boot up I am going to attach the requested files log into windows safe mode and copy the steps you had given to another poster with the same exact problems Thank you for your help I think i have attached what I need to please let me know if I missed anything DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Micah at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD FW COMODO Firewall Enabled D F E - AF- E E-AACD- CDCF AA A Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files x NVIDIA No admin privledges to run Avast/Combofix, missing DLL, Svchost errors Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system locator exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x ASUS Six Engine SixEngine exe C Program Files x MSI Afterburner MSIAfterburner exe C Program Files x ASUS AASP aaCenter exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows SysWOW No admin privledges to run Avast/Combofix, missing DLL, Svchost errors ctfmon exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Bar Preserve mStart Page about blank mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO D AD-BFFF- F No admin privledges to run Avast/Combofix, missing DLL, Svchost errors -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files x Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Skype Browser Helper AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - ... Read more

A:No admin privledges to run Avast/Combofix, missing DLL, Svchost errors

One more thing I would like to mention that I find really odd and have never had happen before.
I can run ccleaner over and over again and I will always have files to delete. I can wait 20 mins and not use the computer and there will be a bigger log file.
Just now I cleaned out 340mb---99 percent of which was from Internet explorer. I don't use internet explorer and no one has this computer but me all day long.
If I run CCleaner in safe mode, repeatedly, it will always have a 16kb file from IE to clean. It will be there repeatedly. But, go back to windows normal mode and over and over again it will do what I described above.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544664/no-admin-privledges-to-run-avastcombofix-missing-dll-svchost-errors/
Relevancy 44.72%

Symptoms of the problem Most of my Start Menu Programs are now empty but I can access the programs by going to 'computer' and viewing 'Program' folder The programs are also shown when I go to 'uninstall' via Control Panel If I try to download and install virus protection such as Mcafee I have tried several anti-viris programs the software fails to install and says that I don't have 'administrator' rights to the folder in this case the folder named McAfee I believe the two problems listed above are related and cause by malware or a virus but I am unable to resolve it I believe the malware has changed the permissions on my computer Programs permission lost in Menu and admin Start missing and I need to restore them or Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost revert them I should only have one user on my computer Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost but I have suddenly had appear a second one called 'admistrator' when I log in My user name has the word 'Administrator' with it I have tried a system restore but this process fails and won't restore to any previous date I have had this problem for a few days Can anyone help

A:Programs missing in Start Menu and admin permission lost

I have managed to do a system restore... (to in the midst of the problem) and got back missing programs from the Start menu... BUT I am still unable to download anti-virus software as I don't have permissions for the folder to do so...

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/275212-programs-missing-start-menu-admin-permission-lost.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm having problems opening a program and I've been told to check that Event Log is turned on.

Unfortunately, Event Log is nowhere to be found.

In the list of items in Services, I see Distributed Transaction Coordinator, DNS Client and the I should see Event Log. But, the next item in the list is Expat Shield Monitoring Service.

Any idea how I can restore Event Log to the list?

Many thanks.

D.

A:Event Log missing in Control Panel/Admin Tools/Services

Welcome
Event log is not one of the listed services. I do not have it either.
Go to search by the start button and type event log.
Tell me more about the program, I may be able to help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292475-event-log-missing-control-panel-admin-tools-services.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi
I have Win7. The safely remove hardware icon has gone missing.
I have tried a few ways to restore but with no luck.
I bet someone here has the solution.
Thanks.

A:Missing Icon

yeah, it likes to go off for a tea break, often. MS may fix that, one day.

One simple answer is, reboot the system. You haven't 'hidden' it, have you?

There is, however, a more geekie way to get the Icon back.

Go to Start -> Run or press Win key+R, type in or copy and paste the following line and click OK. The command below IS case sensitive.

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll

That will bring up the ?Safely Remove Hardware? dialog which you can use to stop the USB device that you want to unplug. When you close the window, this often has the side effect of also restoring the icon back to the tray.

saurce;
http://www.raymond.cc/blog/restore-missing-or-disappeared-safely-remove-hardware-icon/#ixzz2VMi7dNY8

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/missing-icon.4058604/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

Today my computer shut down and when i turn it back on i was unable to connect to the internet i clicked on my network >view network the folder was empty the connection icon is gone..
i tried to create new one wont let me, i did system restore it didn't fix it.
My desktop was full of viruses and apps that i don't even need so i did system recovery i installed all drivers and everything and icon still didn't show up. When i tried to create new one it keep saying that there is a connection already made but like i said icon is gone missing..only thing i can think about right now is Ethernet chip...but before i open it and start messing with it i want to know if there is anything i can do to fix this problem..

oh and i have Emachine W3115 windows xp media center edition.

A:missing icon

Go to Control Panel/Network Connections...what data is reflected on large sccreen?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371692/missing-icon/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good Morning
As of a few days ago I'm having a problem with my local disk (C) icon in my computer. It's gone! All I see right now is a generic icon. Is there a way to get back to normal.
Thanks for any help.
Mike

A:XP Icon Missing

Try download 119 from here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-icon-missing.434015/
Relevancy 44.29%

Can someone tell me how to get that twin monitor Icon into the task bar near the time?It did not come back when I reinstalled XP.

A:ICON missing

START - CONTROL PANEL - NETWORKING

right click your connection - properties - general - box at the bottom show icon.......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icon-missing.497836/
Relevancy 44.29%

My os is WinXP and I'm using Norton 360 v:5.1.0.9
In OE6 there is usually a NAV icon on the top tool bar that allows you to nominate an email as spam and allows you to empty the spam folder. My icon has disappeared from my laptop!
This happened once before on my desktop and I had to re-install NAV360 to get the icon back.
I'm on holiday and don't have my NAV360 CD with me.
Does anyone have any idea how to get my NAV icon back please?

Vwxyz

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2047 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X300, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 38146 MB, Free - 9684 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0X9238, , .6HXJT1J.CN1296158T4209.
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-nav-icon-in-oe6.1015269/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Windows XP. The "My Computer" icon is missing from my desktop, and I don't know how to find it, to put it back.

Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings:

Iam using windows xp pro and I would like to know how can I get back the connection icon(computer) next to clock.

thank you.

Relevancy 44.29%

Like many when I booted up yesterday the Win 10 upgrade notice popped up on my machines, I promptly hit the X.  Today when I booted up the icon was gone from the tray, it moved to the hidden icon pane.  If yours goes missing that may be where it went  I wonder if the pop ups will now stop also.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585439/win-10-icon-gone-missing-this-am/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey guys, So i have a little problem.

I have missing icon on my desktop. It was here earlier today and then I installed "Convert X to dvd" and this happened. Im not too sure why. But it is driving me insane.

If you guys could help me out that would be great!

A:Missing Icon

Hello SowigAcid, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Does the shortcut still work to open ImgBurn?

If so, then you might see if rebuilding the icon cache may help.

If not, then you might see if creating a new shortcut directly from the .exe file for ImgBurn may.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314164-missing-icon.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently installed a new theme to my computer. It was Windows Vista. Well, it didn't work, so I unistalled it, but now the icon to my C Drive is missing.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/334/wierdor6.jpg
Pic of problem.

Is there anyway to fix this?

A:Missing Icon.

Can you access your hard drive without problems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-icon.55742/
Relevancy 44.29%

ok for some reason I lost my EXT. HD icon and I cannot get it back! anyone know how to gett his back? I am providing a pic to show what I mean...thx!

A:ext HD icon missing?

have you tried rebuilding the icons cache

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/141412-ext-hd-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

A while ago, i installed microangelo on display because i was learning C++ and needed to change icons for the executables. After changing the icon of one exe file, the rest of my exe icons got, i dont know..corrupted?.
installed files stil have the correct icons, but the default "box" icon for an exe won't show.
Usualy a setup.exe wil show that box icon but for me it shows the NOICON.
Im sorry, its hard to explain.
I tried clearing my iconcache, it didn't work. I used tuneup to restore icons, that didn't work. Ran registry booster, didn't help.
anyone please help me with this?
thanks

A:Missing .EXE icon?

Please try this workaround (you will need your Windows? XP SP2 CD or an integrated SP3 CD if SP3 is installed).

(In the event that you do not have a Windows? XP CD with SP2,(or SP3) you will need to 'borrow' one from a friend or colleague, as the manufacturer's "Recovery Discs" will not work in this instance.)

Insert the Windows? XP CD in your drive. (Hold down the Shift Key to prevent it from starting.)

Go start > Run ...in the box type in sfc /scannow ?please take note of the space between the sfc and the /.

This is the System File Checker...it will scan all the Windows? core system files to ensure that they are in their respective correct places, and if not replace them from the CD.

During the scan you may be asked to Insert the CD, if this happens just go retry and let it do its thing.

One important point: While sfc is running, it is not advisable to do any other work, or have any browsers/programs running on the computer, until the scan is complete. (This process will generally take around 45-65 minutes to complete).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-exe-icon-260860.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

With great difficulty I managed to get the windows 10 icon and reserved it. Now suddenly the icon has disappeared. It shows that my copy is reserved but the icon is missing. What should I do? Here is a screenshot.

A:Missing GWX Icon

I don't have an answer on how to get it back, but wanted to tell you, I seen about five other people in the forums where the icon has disappeared. They have tried going in the registry, command line, and a few other things to no avail, or only till next boot. Personally I wouldn't worry about it too much, it's an advertising gimmick, and yeah it pre-downloads Win10 so you can install it on the 29th, but they will also have other ways to get it after. Probably going to microsoft(dot)com and downloading on installer. If you want you can try the first link in my signature(just to double check your reservation).

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67670-missing-gwx-icon.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

In my computer in links, icon of browser was missing, see:

Should be:

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
I have a Gateway pc( model# GT5026E ). O/S, win XP HOME. Can anyone tell me how to reinstall dashboard icon for wireless keyboard and mouse. It use to display above clock at startup. Thanks so much for any help.

Right click on the Taskbar and choose properties and uncheck hide inactive icons.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-icon-89551.html
Relevancy 44.29%

In the process of cleaning up my computer I have noticed my icon for the control panel is no longer there. When I go to start>control panel, it pulls up the control panel but the normal icon is not there. It as if it was deleted. I am not sure how to correct this.

A:Icon Missing

G'Day ukbsktbll,

Try this to get your Contol Panel icon back...

Right click START > Properties > Start Menu > Customise > Advanced > Now scroll down until you see Control Panel > click the box > OK > Apply > OK.

Now Left Click Start, and you should have the Control Panel Listed on the Right Hand side of the Start Menu.

Post back with any queries/concerns.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/icon-missing-133566.html
Relevancy 44.29%

In the desktop Explorer window that contains the main (default) file folders (such as Contacts, Desktop, Documents, My Music, My Pictures, Links, Searches, etc.), the icon for my Documents folder is missing: it only shows as an empty plain manila folder. I had hoped to restore it by right-clicking "Properties" to "Customize" to "Change Icon", but there is no such option. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Im just taking a guess, but this might work. If you right click on the folder and you get the option of previous version, it might just work. You will have a previous version if you ever saved the old folder with system restore or back up and restore. If you do have the option, you may want to save the documents that are in the folder, because they may be rolled back to an earlier time, also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/39877-missing-icon.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i m using Compaq presario 1800T ,pentium II , designe for win98.
but i m using WINXPpro sp2 version 2002. since last 2years.
i have DVD/CD rom,
form last 2 weeks i have seen that my laptop READS a CD but cant dispaly any data.
my CDrom icon , E: is missing suddenly.i have no access to my CD rom.
in device manager i can see IDE ATA/ATAPI contollers, with NO exclmatory mark.i cannt find my CD/DVD ROM drivers
it is detected by BIOS but fail to detect in windows.
i tried deleting Upper n Lower filter,but no joy.{http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US/}

i dont know..which CD rom i m using. i cant format my laptop.i tried syestm restore but no use.

i dont know wht to do help needed desperatly.tried lot of ways.

A:CD/DVD ROM icon missing

I'm not totally clear on your problem, but this MIGHT be of some help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297824/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-rom-icon-missing.84844/
Relevancy 44.29%

I was wondering what the hell happened to the hide icon (the little circle with the two arrows that look like greater then or lesser then math signs).It isn't showing up.I put hide inactive icons on my settings...Can someone help me out?

On a side note I had to delete a file called sdfwwwI.dll cause I got an trojan virus that was called a startpage.ID....could that have made this icon disappear? Please help me as soon as possible...Thanx in advance to anyone who helps!!!!

A:Missing Icon? Need help with XP!!!! Anybody!!!

After you have checked the box beside "hide inactive icons",click the customize button.On the next page you can choose whether to "Always hide","Always show" or"Hide when inactive" by clicking on the words under "Behavior" and making your selection from the dropdown menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-icon-need-help-with-xp-anybody.236184/
Relevancy 44.29%

system is XP 2002, the icon at the bottom right side of screen showing that I am on the internet is missing how do I get it back ??

A:icon missing

You need Administrator rights here.
On your desktop, Right click My Network Places then Properties.
Right click your internet connection (assuming a network/LAN card).
Then Properties / tab General
Mark "Show icon in taskbar when connected".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icon-missing.562417/
Relevancy 44.29%

The executable of MyPhoneExplorer doesn't have it's icon.
I found the previous exe (which does have it's icon) and compared the two files. The MD5, CRC32, SHA1 and file sizes are identical.

As a test, I deleted the exe and in the Recycle Bin it has an icon.
After restoring the deleted file, I replaced it with the old file and it's icon disappeared.
What's going on?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/icon-missing-from-exe.312132/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

This problem should be an easy one for all u pc buffs out there. When waking my pc from sleep, I managed to drag the cascade icon from the taskbar to the desktop and then delete it lol. Now I'm just left with the show desktop icon on the left side of the taskbar. I've tried right clicking on the taskbar and selecting properties. Any ideas?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/missing-icon-273916.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have suddenly lost my Connection icon for my Dial-up Connection that used to appear in the notification area of the toolbar. (XP Home). So far I have tried:
1. Unchecking and rechecking the box that says "show icon ion the connection area".
2. Deleting and remaking the Connection.
3. Tweaking the Start menu and Taskbar properties.
4. A restore back a day.
I can bring up a status box if I click on the connection after it is first connected, and shut down the connection from it, but I no longer have any other way of shutting the connection down, other than re-booting.
Any Ideas?

A:Missing DUN icon.

To display a network connection icon on the taskbar
Open Network Connections.
Under LAN or High-Speed Internet, click the network connection to be displayed on the taskbar. Then, under Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
On the General tab, click the Show icon in notification area when connected check box.
Notes

To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.
If a network connection icon is displayed in the notification area on the taskbar, you can access basic connection and statistical information by pointing to the icon with the mouse pointer.
If the Show icon in notification area when connected check box is selected for the shared Internet connection, an icon for the shared Internet connection appears in the notification area on the taskbar each time that connection is enabled. When the shared Internet connection is disabled, the icon disappears from the notification area.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-dun-icon.236241/
Relevancy 44.29%

I've winxp Home with SP2 system, yesterday my daughter had installed the program 'MS Plus' from the XP Installation CD which was not installed earlier in the machine. My OS is original, but to-day on opening the system I'm seeing that the icon of Hard Drive (E : Drive) to which the program was installed went missing and in its place another icon (which generally represents for any unidentified file) has taken its place. I request your kind advice to regain HDD icon, please !

A:Missing HDD Icon

Hi guys, Can't I expect any solution to my above problem ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-hdd-icon.617419/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good morning I noticed that you 2K - Missing Triange, Privileges and Adware, Panel Admin Win Control Yellow helped a user solve a similar problem that I m experiencing on a Win K machine The post that I m referring to is here I Win 2K - Yellow Triange, Adware, Control Panel and Admin Privileges Missing m experiencing these same problems but could not solve the problem from the post I ran ComboFix then SuperAntiSpyware then HiJackThis Those logs are below However I could not find the suggested lines to fix in the HiJackThis log there are three nor was the FireDaemon Service in the services window It is still running though as I can see it running as a process in the Task Manager I m posting the logs from the three applications below in hopes that someone can help me remove this for good ComboFix - - - quot Administrator quot - NTFSx Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - Other Deletions C DOCUME ADMINI GRE STARTM Programs Startup system exe C DOCUME ADMINI STARTM Programs Startup system exe C DOCUME ALLUSE STARTM Programs Startup autorun exe C DOCUME shiela APPLIC macromedia Flash Player SharedObjects U GJG Z www broadcaster com C DOCUME shiela APPLIC macromedia Flash Player macromedia com support flashplayer sys www broadcaster com C DOCUME shiela STARTM Programs Startup system exe C WINNT system drivers fad sys C WINNT system printer exe C WINNT system WinAvXX exe Files Created from - - to - - - - --a------ C WINNT NirCmd exe - - --a----t- C WINNT SYSTEM Perflib Perfdata dat - - lt DIR gt d-------- C WINNT Content IE - - --a------ C smitfra reg - - --a------ C smitfrau reg - - --a------ C replace cmd - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files PestPatrol - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME KLAUST APPLIC Sonic - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI APPLIC Yahoo - - lt DIR gt d-------- C DOCUME ADMINI GRE APPLIC Yahoo Find M Report a --------- d-------- C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus p --------- d-------- C DOCUME shiela APPLIC WholeSecurity a --------- d-------- C DOCUME shiela APPLIC AdobeUM p --a------ C WINNT system dllcache cdm dll p --a------ C WINNT system cdm dll p --a------ C WINNT system wuapi dll p --a------ C WINNT system wuauclt exe p --a------ C WINNT system dllcache wuauclt exe p --a------ C WINNT system wups dll p --a------ C WINNT system wucltui dll p --a------ C WINNT system mucltui dll p --a------ C WINNT system muweb dll p --a------ C WINNT system wuweb dll p --a------ C WINNT system wuaueng dll p --a------ C WINNT system dllcache wuaueng dll p --a------ C WINNT system wups dll p --ah----- C Program Files DESKTOP INI p --ah----- C Program Files FOLDER HTT a --a------ C WINNT system GDI DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache GDI DLL p --a------ C WINNT system dllcache VGX DLL a --a------ C WINNT inf WBFIRDMA SYS a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache WININET DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache URLMON DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache JSPROXY DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache INSENG DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache IEPEERS DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache MSTIME DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache DXTMSFT DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache PNGFILT DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache MSHTML DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache DXTRANS DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache MSRATING DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache SHLWAPI DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache CDFVIEW DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache SHDOCVW DLL a --a------ C WINNT system dllcache BROWSEUI DLL a --a------ C WINNT system msxml dll a --------- C WINNT system dllcache msxml dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot Synchronization Manager quot quot mobsync exe quot a C WINNT SYSTEM MOBSYNC EXE quot IgfxTray quot quot C WINNT system igfxtray exe quot p quot HotKeysCmds quot quot C WINNT system hkcmd exe quot p quot dla quot quot C WINNT system dla tfswctrl exe quot a quot UpdateManager... Read more

A:Win 2K - Yellow Triange, Adware, Control Panel and Admin Privileges Missing

...the forum won't let me post the SuperAntiSpyware Log, it's too long (351047 chars).

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 09:28, on 2007-09-04
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\basfipm.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\hidserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScanPro\HPLamp.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.GREEN7\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.metacrawler.com/crawler?general=%s
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.metacrawler.com/crawler?general=%s
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,[email protected],&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\system32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: eBay Toolbar - {92085AD4-F48A-450D-BD93-B28CC7DF67CE} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINNT\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Lamp] C:\SCANJET\PrecisionScanPro\HPLamp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FinishOptions] C:\DOCUME~1\shiela\LOCALS~1\Temp\hpbinxst.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eBayToolbar] C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTBDaemon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~2\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PestPatrol Contr... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2k-yellow-triange-adware-control-panel-and-admin-privileges-missing.619499/
Relevancy 44.29%

It was working day before yesterday The Tray icon only shows the network Ethernet adapter the wifi icon is missing Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks that option is not available Instead I get quot Not Connected - No Connections Available quot If I plug in an Ethernet cable that message goes away But I need wifi I head into the quot Settings quot app choose quot Network amp Internet quot and the topmost tab is quot Airplane Mode quot the quot Wifi quot tab is missing from the Settings app I head into the control panel Tray Tab Icon WiFi Missing; Missing WiFi Settings network and internet network connections change adapter settings and my Wi-Fi adapter is there enabled and full green signal strength quot Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N quot WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing Disabled it and reenabled it to see if that would help didn't help Rebooting twice didn't help Full power reset press-hand-hold power button for seconds and restart didn't help Ran network troubleshooter it says there may be an issue with the wifi adapter's device driver it tried to fix it but failed So I manually updated the device driver in the Properties dialog that seemed to actually install a new driver based on how long it took but it didn't help I wonder if there was a recent auto-update for this device that's causing a problem Or is there some way behind the scenes to hook up this device who's driver seems to be working with the windows app which isn't recognizing it I'm pulling my hair out and wasting a lot of time on this Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated Specs Windows Home -bit upgraded from Windows about months ago Samsung Laptop

A:WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

OK I solved it this way:

in control panel, network and internet, network connections, change adapter settings:
1) disabled the adapter
2) uninstalled the driver (removing from disk)
3) deleted the adapter (right-click didn't let me do it; the option was disabled, but I could delete it by pressing the "del" key while selected)
4) refreshed the view (f5) and saw that the adapter was no longer in the list
5) went to the device manager
6) removed the device
7) chose "find new hardware", the device showed up in the list again
8) rebooted.

I was connected to the internet through an Ethernet cable connection while I did this; it may have helped but I'm not sure.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39729-wifi-settings-tab-missing-wifi-tray-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

A past virus must have caused this.The C:\Users folder is not visible in explorer for some reason.I can still visit the contents and the pc works fine,but this is not right.Also, there is a lock on my users/alexandros folder icon.Maybe it has something to do?

A:Users folder not visible in explorer,lock on admin's user folder icon?

Oh,note that i went in and tried to give "users" read and write rights of the users\alexandros folder to see if the lock goes away ,but i saw the processing was taking too much time and also some files had access denied so i quit.I hope i did not mess up

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/300824-users-folder-not-visible-explorer-lock-admins-user-folder-icon.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ever since I removed the shortcut for Steam and Skype from my desktop, everytime I launch them, the icon is missing. It just shows a white page thing.

If I go to the properties though it shows the icon in the properties but not outside of it.

How do I get the icon back?

A:Application Icon Missing

Quote: Originally Posted by Danielzxzx

Ever since I removed the shortcut for Steam and Skype from my desktop, everytime I launch them, the icon is missing. It just shows a white page thing.

If I go to the properties though it shows the icon in the properties but not outside of it.

How do I get the icon back?

Try the following link for a possible solution;

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/49819-icon-cache-rebuild.html

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228946-application-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I now have a problem that is weird to say the least after trying to run a downloaded file Missing Wan-Miniport icon which said it couldn't run properly name of program not needed as it wasn't genuine obviously The only thing to have occurred Missing Wan-Miniport icon apart from missing volume and spybot icons in the system tray is that my wan-miniport icon was missing for my router modem configured in bridge mode in network Missing Wan-Miniport icon connections Ran full anti-virus scan as well as spybot and ad-aware found some stuff but nothing that seemed to be major Anyway the missing wan-miniport icon is not such a bad thing as can easily recreate a new connection But this is the weird thing When I try to do this I select - gt connect to the internet - gt setup manually - gt but then only option on next screen is connect to a broadband modem that is always on Connect to a dialup modem option cannot be selected who gives a about that but connect to a broadband modem that requires a user pass cannot be selected either I don't want to have to reinstall repair windows if can be avoided and I might be able to use third party enternet dialing software but I'd rather get to the bottom of the missing winXP one if possible Any solutions or options just to get that particular problem fixed would be hugely appreciated Thanks for the time Have SP and no known hardware problems Missing Wan-Miniport icon fairly new install of WinXp

A:Missing Wan-Miniport icon

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320558

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-wan-miniport-icon-71334.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Under 'My Computer' section identifies all the drives, storage devices, scanners and cameras through icons. I have an HP scanner attached to the pc through a USB connection but no icon exists identifying th scanner. It used to appear under the 'Scanners and Cameras' section. However the scanner works fine and there is an icon identifying it if you access the 'Control Panel' under the 'Scanners and Camera' section. An icon for the scanner exists there, just not under 'My Computer' . I attempted to delete the scanner software and unplug it and reinstall and reboot hoping that Windows would re-create it but it did not.

This may be a corruption in the registry identifying the scanner but I don't know where it would be located. It did appear properly at one time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-icon-in-my-computer.518535/
Relevancy 43.86%

Here's a screenshot how do i fix it:

A:Missing icon/file HELP?

Quote: Originally Posted by michaelsp9

Here's a screenshot how do i fix it:

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6718/capturexjd.png

See if this helps,

Icon Cache - Rebuild

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/168793-missing-icon-file-help.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've been using SpywareBlaster for quite a long time on my Vista. However, recently I've noticed that the SpywareBlaster icon is not showing on my desktop. The only thing there now is a white box.
I tried to change icon from properties, but it does not change back to the original SWB icon.
How can I get the icon back?

A:Missing SpywareBlaster icon

have you tried repairing SWB?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446245/missing-spywareblaster-icon/
Relevancy 43.86%

I lost the printer icon on my taskbar for an Epson ,anyone know how to get it back? Using Windows XP,haven't seen an error message Dell tech(??) suggested reinstalling software,which didn't help. The icon is still missing in
action,it was there a few days ago.

A:Missing Taskbar Icon

The taskbar in XP does hide inactive icons to keep the area uncluttered,right click and check to see if that facility is checked or not .....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-taskbar-icon.327279/
Relevancy 43.86%

System Specs Are windows xp home mb ram GHz intel celeron cpu The sound on my computer has completely gone the volume icon is missing I have an onboard Realtek AC sound device All of a sudden the other day i swithed on the pc and no volume missing is icon sound device manager reports no audio problems however system information says that IRQ is being used by a graphics controller and usb universal host controller in control panel under sounds and audio devices i get a quot no audio device quot message the last two programs i installed are windows media player and IE about two weeks ago and the problem starter yesterday i have tried system restore to no avail BIOS sound is enabled speakers work just fine on another pc i can t Extract a copy of Sndvol exe from windows xp cd because all i have are the three restore cd s when i bought the pc and when i try to reinstall audio drivers via the restore cd or from C Drivers Audio OriginalDriver the system stops installing at and i get the following quot Realteck ac audio tool for driver update has encountered a problem and needs to close quot volume icon is missing i tried unistalling realtek ac in add remove programs but i get the following pop up realtek ac audio gt setupDLL setupDLL cpp pAPP Realtek ac audio PVENDOR Realtek semiconductor corp PGUID fb f - - -b dd- e fbc e windows XP service pack IE Setup has volume icon is missing experienced an error Please do the following - Close any running programs - Empty your temporary folder - Check your internet connection Internet-based Setups error code when i run directX diagnostic tool i get the following Sound Tab DirectSound test results Failure at step DirectSoundCreate HRESULT x a The request failed because DirectSound resources such as the priority level were already in use by another caller and Music Tab DirectMusic test results Failure at step Activating the IDirectMusicPort HRESULT x a The request failed because DirectSound resources such as the priority level were already in use by another caller device manager shows the following under sound video and game controllers audio codecs legacy audio drivers legacy video capture drivers media control devices and video codecs each device is enabled and supposedly quot working properly quot when i installed a pci sound card the volum icon does come back and i can hear music but i d like to figure out the audio problem i know i can do a windows xp re-install but that is going to be my last option what do you guys think nbsp

A:volume icon is missing

Have you tried installing the latest Realtek drivers(3.93): http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_AC97_Drivers_d4400.html

If that doesn't work try using DriverCleaner to remove the Realtek drivers and then try reinstalling: http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon-is-missing.511632/
Relevancy 43.86%

ok i am running windows xp home edtion with sp2

my problem is when i restart my computer the volume icon on the taskbar does not show up so i go into the control panel/sound & audio devices and the checkmark is still there saying place volume icon on taskbar so i uncheck then apply and check again and apply it comes up then i go to restart my computer again and its gone yet again

how do i keep the volume icon from disappearing?

Relevancy 43.86%

Today after booting up, I noted that my C:\ drive's icon was missing, and I don't know how to get it back. Any help is appreciated.

(Picture is attached.)

Relevancy 43.86%

New PC build. OS Win 7. Some of my icons on my desktop are missing there true "icon" picture. See attachment. As this one is a red box. Want to know why the red box icon is not showing. Thanks.

A:Icon picture missing

Try this

Icon Cache - Rebuild

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393452-icon-picture-missing.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have mIRC set to minimize to the systray (notification area) and on occassion the icon disappears. It has nothing to do with hiding inactive icons or anything like that, looked into that.

I thought maybe I could kill the systray process and restart it, although I don't know the name of the task. Any ideas?

mIRC is still running, it's in the process list, and I can see myself if I join the channel on my other computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/systray-icon-missing-8207.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently installed a prgram to monitor how much i download as i have a 10GB limit. Whereas i got an icon in the tray for a couple of days so i was able to look for myself by utilising the tray icon how much i'd DLD, it's now disappeared and if i click on the program icon in the srart menu i get a dialogue box telling me it's already running. It somewhat defeats the object if you can't see whats going on. I've lookled in system config utility and the box for 'Broadband Download Monitor' is ticked . Can someone please tell me how to get my icon back.

Thanks

A:missing icon in tray

Try to open the task manager and see if the process for that program is running. If it is right click on it and choose end process.

Also whats the name of the program? I may be able to help further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-icon-in-tray-548260.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Last time, i was installed Deep Freeze 6 in my win xp. then i installed the HiJack This! too. i scan my computer with HiJack This. then i click fix all. then when i was asked to reboot i click, yes.

when my computer was on, i was shocked when my icon of deep freeze was missing on the tray icon. therefore, i couldn't uninstalled or remove deep freeze from my computer. whwn i was trying to reinstall deep freeze. it is says that "the deep freeze must be disable before it can be uninstalled"

so what should i do??

i hope u reply me as possible coz now i can save any data on my computer

A:My Icon in the task bar missing

Hi and welcome to TSF

Apparently you did not read the warning on the HJT program, did you?

MOST things in HJT log are required and are to be left alone.

First thing to try is a system restore, select a restore point Before you used the HJT program.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-icon-in-the-task-bar-missing-475033.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My volume icon was missing from my task bar. I got an error message thats says "window cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the volume control program has not been installed. To install it use add/remove programs in control panel".

Can someone please help me!

Thank you.

A:Volume Icon Missing

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319095

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/volume-icon-missing.412701/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

For some reason I lost my volume icon. I can still bring it up but I have to go to my "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" and tick the "Place volume icon in the taskbar" . After that it stays in the task bar untill I have to restart the computer, and then once again it is no longer present in the task bar.

Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

A:Missing Volume Icon.

Silly question maybe but are you locking the taskbar?

Kelley's xp fixes are trustworthy. Scroll down on the left to 330. I have had good luck with his fixes.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-volume-icon-468097.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i do not have a java icon in my control panel (hints the fact i can't play games). how do i get it back?

Relevancy 43.86%

My volume icon is missing from the tool bar. It has happened before, but a few reboots would always bring it back. Now it is gone. I have gone to control panel>sound and audio properties and found the place volume icon in task bar box checked. What can I do next?

Relevancy 43.86%

How do I get the icon that shows I'm connected to the internet again?
I have Vista/Home/Prem, HP laptop. I have dialup & it used to show
the double computer when I connected to the internet. TIA for your
help.

A:Missing connection icon

To hide or show the network icon in the system tray area, follow these steps:

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Additional Options (You can also right-click the taskbar, choose Properties, and then click the Notification Area tab).
In the left pane, click Appearance and Personalization.
Click Taskbar and Start Menu.
Click the Notification Area tab.
See full-sized image.

Check or uncheck the Network check box
Click Apply and Ok to make the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209045/missing-connection-icon/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone.

For some reason this has me stumped, have missing the XP Standy by icon on close down menu, also in CP/Power settings no hibernate tag.
Windows was reloaded about a month ago, could it be a missing dll ?
Any ideas?, also Sleep/standby button on keyboard doesnt work. This m/c has full standby mode on its system motherboard.

regards

Andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-standby-icon-etc.309727/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, all. Minor problem here.

For about 2 months now the speaker icon in the systray has been missing. I've been to control panel>sounds and multimedia and the area to checkmark to show it is grayed out. Tried the replace the sndvol thing from the cd, but didn't help. Also, reinstalled the software for my card.

As I say, this is minor since my SoundBlaster live card still puts out sound. Just annoys me.

Any help is much appreciated.

PS, I'm spyware, virus, trojan and worm free, with all windows updates.

Relevancy 43.86%

Brand new laptop and suddenly my firefox icon in my taskbar, start menu and programs is missing. the only thing I did different was delete the shortcut of firefox off my desktop and empty the recycle and then pin it to my taskbar.

this is the error I get when in the firefox properties....

A:Missing Firefox Icon

Quote: Originally Posted by janeydoll

Brand new laptop and suddenly my firefox icon in my taskbar, start menu and programs is missing. the only thing I did different was delete the shortcut of firefox off my desktop and empty the recycle and then pin it to my taskbar.

this is the error I get when in the firefox properties....

Did you delete the .exe or a shortcut of it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/134205-missing-firefox-icon.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I installed windows 10. Yesterday I went back to windows 7 and the language bar icon is no longer on the taskbar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/392446-language-bar-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My young daughter has just come to me in great distress. She has Vista Home Premium on her new PC. To empty the Recycle Bin she clicked on the desktop icon and selected 'delete'. Now she has no icon.I suggested she try a system restore and she said she had turned it off to 'save space' She only has a 60GB hard-drive!!!!
I am a Mac man and cannot help her. Can anyone please help her? I think she will have learned her lesson but she's only 9.

A:Missing Icon from Desktop

Hello Pushticat,

No worries. The tutorial below can help show you how to quickly restore the Recycle Bin icon on the desktop.
Recycle Bin - RestoreHope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297833-missing-icon-desktop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

After formatting mu computer my CDROM does not show up in My computer or on desktop. However it is working properly and shows up in the BIOS. There's no "!" or "?" in Device Manager and its there.

However in all the fixes that take me to the bit about lower and upper filter values, they do not appear in the line they are supposed to.

I run XP. I also tried that applicacion called dvdunhide and nothing happened.
Please help!

A:My CDROM icon is missing

1.) Did you install the drivers for your CD drive?
2.) Does it auto-play anything when you put a disk in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cdrom-icon-is-missing.153203/
Relevancy 43.86%

my volume/speaker icon is missing from task bar, also hav no sound cant play music, think i mite of deleted it but dont no how! any help would be greatly appreciated

A:missing speaker icon

Control Panel - Sounds and Audio - Volume tab - tick "Place Volume control in Taskbar"

Above is for XP, since you have not mentioned what operating system you have, but earlier ones should be similar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-speaker-icon.432030/
Relevancy 43.86%

Icon went missing in Windows 7? Here's a Fix

After installing the latest and greatest Mozilla Firefox 3.5 in Windows 7 (RC Build 7100 32-bit) I noticed that after a while the icon went missing. Firefox was still working correctly, and when I checked the icon properties, and the icon was still present. But for some strange reason it wouldn’t show up in on my Desktop, my Start Menu, or my Taskbar, I would just see a broken icon.

The resolution? Rebuilding the Windows 7 Icon Cache.

Follow these directions:

Icon Cache - Rebuild

Your icons should be as good as new!

A:Icon went missing in Windows 7? Here's a Fix

Thank you very much for this. It worked perfectly.

Lots of people around having this problem too.

Cheers,

:-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/21558-icon-went-missing-windows-7-heres-fix.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have tried to get my start icon but I can't do it what can I do ?

A:Start Icon missing

Hi,

Please provide more information. When is the last time the start icon was visible on your desktop? Do you get an error message at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-icon-missing-432349.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Icon or picture in help or support is missing and don't know why this thing happen. This thing really annoys me. It also happen in other help or support for other program. I've include a link to the screenshot > http://s7.**************/lciiv44y3/2012_01_11_19_48_09.jpg. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

A:Help & Support Icon is Missing?

Hello HuruHara, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Using the REG file in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below may be able to help fix this. You may need to log off and log on afterwards to apply though. The REG file restores the default associations responsible for the images in Help and Support. Hopefully that will fix it for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/87...ort-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208178-help-support-icon-missing.html