Windows Support Forum

New power supply & Blue Screen of Death

Q: New power supply & Blue Screen of Death

My 300w power supply blew on my HP a430n and I replaced it with a 350w. Once I turned on my machine, I ended up with the Blue screen of death. I cannot figure out what else could possibly be fried or wrong. I am getting ;
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x805DDD38,0xF789E60C,0xF789E308)

Does anyone know what this means? I am desperate! I was wanting to buy a new computer, but I would still love to keep this one, and typing this on my cell phone is a pain. Please HELP!
ALYSIA

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New power supply & Blue Screen of Death

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New power supply & Blue Screen of Death

basilgirl said:

My 300w power supply blew on my HP a430n and I replaced it with a 350w. Once I turned on my machine, I ended up with the Blue screen of death. I cannot figure out what else could possibly be fried or wrong. I am getting ;
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x805DDD38,0xF789E60C,0xF789E308)

Does anyone know what this means? I am desperate! I was wanting to buy a new computer, but I would still love to keep this one, and typing this on my cell phone is a pain. Please HELP!
ALYSIAClick to expand...

Hi Alysia- try booting from your XP install CD and do a repair. Hope it goes well- Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-power-supply-blue-screen-of-death.652021/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi here is my unique problem it all started a month ago when my pc didn t turn on it happened like that it was on but there were no screen and I realized it s rebootin again and of death?! Power screen failure on blue or again seconds in a row after that I changed my power since I realize that s the prob but after I bought a new power which was tested the problem continued I mean it did t fix just turned on once then I figured out a rediculous way to turn it on I started changing the place of quot reset sw quot that is for the reset button on the case by pluging it in to beside simular slots and after doing that for several time or in cases one time pc boots cuz still Power on failure or blue screen of death?! does but after a while it started Power on failure or blue screen of death?! to crash with death blue screen and most of the time says irql less or not equal which I also found a way for that I did these Power on failure or blue screen of death?! things randomly to turn it on clearing cmos removing ram and powering on pc then putting it back and powering again changin hard drive port to another right slot and even once removing and puttin back cpu but I didn t power on the pc when I removed it and it all used to work till tonigh that whatever I do it ends up with the blue death after about ten min after I work with pc now I m really stuck and I really have no Idea what to do so only if you can help me that means blieve me alot to me I ll really be thankful nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-on-failure-or-blue-screen-of-death.183077/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I have only ever had one BSOD before and managed to resolve this by posting in Forum.

Details in the Event Viewer are as follows:-

Event ID 41

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2013-08-19T06:46:46.482036900Z

EventRecordID 342354

Correlation

- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Paul-PC

- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 244

BugcheckParameter1 0x3

BugcheckParameter2 0xfffffa800527a040

BugcheckParameter3 0xfffffa800527a320

BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff800037d90d0

SleepInProgress false

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Also i got this snapshot when PC boot back up

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800527A040
BCP3: FFFFFA800527A320
BCP4: FFFFF800037D90D0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I have also uploaded dump files - hopefully somebody will be able to help or advise

Thanks

A:Blue Screen of Death - Event ID 41 Kernel-Power

Hi,

From your logs:

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800527a040, fffffa800527a320, fffff800037d90d0}
Probably caused by : smss.exe
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.

Code:

PROCESS_NAME: OrbLauncher.ex
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_OrbLauncher.ex
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_OrbLauncher.ex_IMAGE_smss.exe
Please uninstall all Orb programs from your system, including Orb Networks as they
are contributing towards your BSOD's.

Your Trusteer Rapport Security may be causing issues and may need updating,
it may also be conflicting with Norton.

I would suggest uninstalling Norton, as it hogs resources and causes a lot of BSOD issues.

As an alternative, please download and install:

Microsoft Security Essentials.
Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability
compared to other antiviruses/internet security software.

Note
Once downloaded, update and run a full system scan

STOP F4 can also be related to HDD issues, usually storage.
They can also be related to RAM and virus infection :

Test your hard drive. Perform a Hard Drive Diagnostic

Scan the system for possible virus infection:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/166445-windows-defender-offline.html
http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?vs=s88446#s88446

Post a screenshot of your hard drive using Crystal Disk Info:

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes, test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Tip
Run these tests overnight, pay particular attention to #3 in tutorial if errors occur

Aim to update your storage controller drivers as they are all very old (2009)

Post back any results.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301734-blue-screen-death-event-id-41-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 79.98%

so my buddy's laptop went to a blue screen with a bunch of stuff on it she didnt bother writing down, and she turned it off. every time after that he has tried to turn it on a few random lights blink but no post and the screen doesnt even come on. ill put up the exact specs later today but i figured i would start here, when he calls me later ill post the specs and stuff.

A:laptop blue screen of death, now wont power on

I'd start by making sure the power adapter is working and the jack on the laptop has not broken - as is common.

Then I'd try re-seating the memory or try the memory one at a time if there's more then one stick.

You could also have them remove the battery and try it just on AC power and vice versus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-blue-screen-of-death-now-wont-power-on.615651/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

Got a weird one, i have a HP Compaq 6715s and it will not boot past the HP desktop screen with the power supply plugged in, but when i am running it off a battery it boots straight into the desktop. Tried this several times and it does the same thing, adapter plugged in wont boot past desktop screen, no adapter boots fine. I should also mention that once the laptop has booted if i plug in the power supply it starts to charge fine>>>???
Wtf?

A:HP Compaq wont boot past Blue HP Desktop Screen with power supply plugged in..

any help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-compaq-wont-boot-past-blue-hp-desktop-screen-with-power-supply-plugged-in.845130/
Relevancy 77.4%

So I just recently got a new computer, have had tons of problems with it already. Finally got it up and running and then I got a BSOD.

It is a Systemax Ascent
? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 64-bit
? It was an OEM Distro
? 1 month
? 3 days
? Intel Core i7 960 Bloomfield @ 3.2GHz
? Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
? Asus Sabertooth x58
? Power Supply- 550W don't know the brand.

The files per requested in the BSOD posting rules are included in the post as well.

I am thinking it may be the graphics driver as this is the second card I had to get from the manufacture, but I have now way of telling, because I do not know how to decipher these output files.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] Blue Screen of Death (BSOD), System Driver power Failure

Remove your Graphic card and then try to boot, it will let us know if graphic card is the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-blue-screen-of-death-bsod-system-driver-power-failure-626083.html
Relevancy 74.82%

So i m happily reminiscing playing a game of Half Life and my computer just dies like there had been a power outage There s no problems with the power or cables etc but the system now won t power up The PSU makes a clicking sound and the power light on the case flashes for a second but thats it I removed all the components one by one with no joy until I took out my graphics card GeForce supply Power death? and then it all came to life I m not even sure whether it posted though because there was no video signal obviously My thoughts were a power supply problem Its an Eagle w came with the case I always thought w was a little underpowered and the fact the system died at a time of high power drain makes me think the PSU has died Well the v line anyway Another brief thought is my RAM I bought DDR ram even though my mobo only unofficially supported it Power supply death? It crashed in games so i clocked it down to levels and everything worked stable However from time to time the bios would seem to forget i had underclocked the RAM and put it back up to full tilt Again the system would crash and i would change the settings Is it possible this time it just fried the RAM or mobo Here s the rest of my specs p ghz MSI max gb ddr ram geforce wd gb hd maxtor gb hd sb audigy Any advice would be very appreciated nbsp

A:Power supply death?

PSUs don't always die with dignity - they prattle on giving little signs of life for ages. It could be the board if the PSU produced a death-surge and you would be unlucky.
If the RAM was fried you would get a boot then a string of beeps as it failed the POST.
You could try opening the case and disconnecting everything from the PSU except the main board - if it boots it is one of the drives with a short.
If you have a local computer shop, take out the PSU and ask them to test it - they should have a tester which puts a load on the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-death.84973/
Relevancy 73.96%

i have an emachines w with xp i am going to give a series event that i have no idea if of death supply??? power sudden they are related or not first days ago my computer lost its network connection while it was in use after restarting a couple of times it worked again the following morning i lost my network connection again after some effort i got it back then last night the computer lost the internet connection while i was using it i tried to restart and it froze up in the middle of booting up i kept trying to reboot and eventually got the BSOD the error said something about NV unfortunately i did not write this one down i tried to do a system restore but it froze in the middle of it when i got up this morning i tried starting it sudden death of power supply??? a few times sometimes it would seem to boot up never with a network connection then i got the BSOD again this time the error was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA i got this error a couple of times in between it almost booting then it would not even start when i turn it on the fans cut on and the yellow standby light comes on but it never goes any further now that is where it s at in a coma or on its deathbed any suggestions on what to do i have thousands of photos on there that i need to retrieve nbsp

A:sudden death of power supply???

Emachines are notorious!!!! They are cheaply made with the cheapest components!!!! If the psu (power supply unit)has died then it will almost certainly blow the mobo (motherboard) too!!!!

If it is still under warranty then get Emachines to fix it, if not, it's probably gonna cost!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-death-of-power-supply.62533/
Relevancy 69.66%

In need of serious help To begin I am stupid and haven't backed up any of of Stuck blue after death screen screen death, of black on my files so for now a windows reinstall is out of the Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death question unless it's completely necessary okay so the problem I was using my computer as normal Then while on Google Chrome it started getting slow and said quot not responding quot this happens all the time to everyone so I waited and then the dreaded Blue screen of death appeared Didn't get a look at what it said because it shut down almost immediately After that it loaded as normal Which is weird I think But got stuck after startup on the black screen of death All I have is a cursor Can't do ctrl alt del can't load any of the safe modes When I go on startup repair it says quot no restore points quot on system restore and quot could not detect a problem quot on system repair or whatever it's called There must be something to fix this I live in hope that the whole system doesn't need to be wiped clean because as I said I stupidly haven quot t backed up my files Can anyone help Please

A:Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death

this sounds like it should be a BSOD thread, post a seperate thread in the BSOD section following the posting instructions for BSODs, make sure you include the dump files, if you don't know how to do that, it should tell you in the BSOD posting instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368783-stuck-black-screen-death-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 69.23%

HI guys

When booting up my laptop in "last known good configuration" mode i keep getting the blue screen of death and the laptop freezes and cuts out and is very over heated. When i have booted up in "safe mode with networking" the latop is still over heating but it dosn't freeze or i don't get the blue screen of death. I am also limited to what i can doin safe mode.

Any ideas what the problem could be please chaps?

Thanks in advance

Tony

A:Blue screen of death on normal boot up but no blue screen in safe mode ?

Exact wording of BSOD error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Conditions/events which may have led to this?

When did problem begin?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489566/blue-screen-of-death-on-normal-boot-up-but-no-blue-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello everyone I have a Toshiba Satellite L D- X computer for the kids and for the Death/Blue of Screen Death Black Screen of price it's a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death good laptop Have had no issues with it until two weeks ago when the screen froze for the boys whilst playing a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death game and downloading a program from the net Had to do a force shutdown and since then we have a BSoD on every boot-up This is what we have tried On 'Starting Windows' we are given an option of either 'Launch Startup Repair' which ends up as BSoD or 'Start Windows Normally' which reverts back to the 'Starting Windows' option list Any attempt to enter 'Safe Mode' results in BSoD Attempting to boot an ISO of the Windows Recovery Disk on a USB key we did highlight it and promote it to the top results in BSoD Borrowing a proper Window installation DVD and highlighting this as an option results in BSoD In fact the only option we used that threw up something different was using advanced boot options On one of these options we got the Blue Screen of Death with the following information Unmountable Boot Volume Disable Bios Memory Options such as caching shadowing Tech info Stop x ED xFFFFFA C CDO xFFFFFFFFC x x I don't mind erasing the hard drive and starting again there's nothing on it that's critical I'd very very much appreciate a steer on this Checked the web for stuff and nothing seems to assist in any other options I am not particularly tech literate but can follow instructions Thanks in advance PS I have not been able to access any option that allows me to either format the drive access DOS or any other options that allows me to try any of the rational things you've set up in your sticky I'm in Dublin Ireland in case you're wondering about the timeline

A:Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

Hi, malbekh; and welcome to the forum. Please read these threads and post back. We will be glad to help you.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118570-black-screen-death-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello guys,

This is my very first post here, and I do have a big problem.

My PC recognizes the USB port, but the problem is that the headphones do not light and the sound also doesn't work.

How can I open the USB port, I am 99% sure that this is the problem I am having.

Thanks

PD: Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker, so if you don't understand something, I'll try to edit the post.

A:Siberia Steelseries Frost Blue Edition USB Power supply broken

It could be the Windows status is corrupt and the reason they are not connecting.

Connect the headset to the USB port then go to the Device Manager. There will probably be an unknown device listed in the USB section in the Device Manager. If there is, uninstall it in the Device Manager. Then disconnect the headset from the PC and reboot the PC. After Windows starts, plug the headset in and see if Windows finds new hardware and installs it (and the power light is on).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/368571-siberia-steelseries-frost-blue-edition-usb-power-supply-broken.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Just bought a HP Elite- f machine freezing and supply screening machine Solved: graphics power Windows7 and blue after I replaced the stock power supply which was w max Solved: Windows7 machine freezing and blue screening after power supply and graphics with a w rocketfish I also replaced the wimpy stock video card with a gtx The computer worked great for a while but then i started getting trouble Symptoms Randomly freezes total freeze mouse will not move Solved: Windows7 machine freezing and blue screening after power supply and graphics keyboard yields no response Randomly reboots When I bring it back up after a random reboot there s no response on monitor but it comes up after I reboot again I ve got a blue screen a couple times that says something about memory It s almost too quick to read Once it let off a series of steady beeps one after another very rapidly I ve never herd a beep code like it before Attempted so far Solved: Windows7 machine freezing and blue screening after power supply and graphics Checked all cables Updated video drivers Ran factory reset My specs are HPE- f Windows Home premium bit Motherboard H-ALvorix-RS -uAtx RAM gig DDR u Video gtx Processor AMD phenom II quad I m really at a loss here and this is my main use computer Can anybody help me out nbsp

A:Solved: Windows7 machine freezing and blue screening after power supply and graphics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows7-machine-freezing-and-blue-screening-after-power-supply-and-graphics.998004/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi , I recently bought a touchscreen monitor on ebay that looks alot like a fdp1520 from gateway , the power supply is made by HITRON model:HES49-12040 and it burnned out last week , since then i've tried almost every way to find one , does anybody know where i could get one

thanks...

A:Power Supply For Lcd Screen

HITRON power supply website:http://www.robertswarr.com/features.html

Could not find your model supply but you can check them out yourself to see if they have the one you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-for-lcd-screen.247461/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey,I have a big problem,after my computers starts up,the blue screen comes up then disappears,then its starts the automatic repair and disappears again,then the screen goes blue and its stays like that all the time.Cant use the computer anymore,please help thanks

A:Screen satys blue after blue screen of death

Have you tried CTRL+ALT+DEL which should when you get the blue screen should take you to be able to do a factory reset.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70858-screen-satys-blue-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 63.64%

Today I booted my computer up to be promoted with a black screen I gave it a good half an hour before forcing it to shutdown to which when I booted it back up Was then promoted with a blue screen about the video card not being able to lead that happened twice I then booted it into safe mode fiddled around with the drivers to see what was going Blue - Multiple 7300 down LE - screen death screen. of lines Geforce on after restarting it again I got Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. the same black screen this kept on happening I then concluded my best solution was to install XP this worked the video card runs So the card is not Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. dead but there are multiple blue Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen. lines going down the screen in columns After going into the device manager I saw that it claimed it was not installed then I went to Google and downloaded the driver after installing the computers goes to the same black screen that I got on windows I have no clue what the problem is so any help would be most appreciated Also I tried installing Linux but after getting though then loading screen of the installer it goes to the black screen At the moment in am on my tablet so sorry if there are so many mistakes I'll try and get some photos of how it looks PC Specs - Dell Dimension E - Intel pentium D - gb Ram - Nvidia Geforce LE Photos N A Thank you any help will be hugely appreciated Sean Hall

A:Geforce 7300 LE - Blue screen of death - Multiple lines down screen.

Hi Sean,

I don't like to say it, but it sounds like the graphics card is dead. I had the same issue on an old 8800gts, it would work until I installed the drivers, then I would get very bad artifacts/lines down the screen.
I tried it on 2 different PC's with the same end result once the drivers were installed.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/287374-geforce-7300-le-blue-screen-death-multiple-lines-down-screen.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi there,I bought an omen notebook 15 ax000na is working perfectly, but when I put the battery charger , the screen will flash between on and off , are really blink of a second , but when I put the charger it happens constantly .already updated the graphics adapters , bios and everything. When the tv via hdmi , on TV everything is ok , but the notebook screen still blinking.Does anyone know what would that be , can help me?Thanks, sorry my bad english

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/flicking-on-and-off-screen-on-power-supply/td-p/5764219
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello Before i describe the problem i would like to make it clear that i would like to recover as much as possible This problem occurred playing a game called Empires V It is a steam half -death match mod I had problems in the past however i didn t not consider them problems the screen froze when the game changed map However when it froze it wouldn t respond to Ctrl Alt Delete or Ctrl Esc or the start menu button I pressed the power button and restarted it that way However this is when the problem occurs and i can t over come it It starts with a normal dell screen and the loading bar crosses at Blue Before Screen Fails Login To Screen All Start. Death. Of the bottom as normal Then it goes to Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen a black page with a blue line across the top with white writing saying www dell com A line programming maybe Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen it appears and disappears rapidly It then goes to a black screen saying something along the lines of We are sorry for the inconvenience but windows failed to start properly It then gives you options and no matter which option I choose I still get a blue of screen of death saying the following A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer If this is the time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any antivirus dick defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for any update drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart you computer Technical information STIP x x x E xc x It ends there I cannot access a log in screen I desperately need help if any additional information is required i will be glad to try and supply it Dell Dimension series About years old

A:Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so, try running chkdsk from Safe Mode.How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136855/blue-screen-of-death-fails-to-start-all-before-login-screen/
Relevancy 62.78%

This is what someone else wrote in another topic http forums techguy org windows-vista -windows-warning-message-win -adware html quot I booted my computer up today and saw my background wasn t available anymore Then I see the message quot Warning Spyware detected on Blue as saver Solved: Death Screen screen of your computer Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer quot Solved: Blue Screen of Death as screen saver It says that Win Adware Virtumonde and Win PrivacyRemover M are on my computer quot I had the exact same problem but i followed the instructions that someone posted in that topic these were the instructions posted by quot drdrew quot quot I just got through fixing this I hope What it did here was change the background and set the screensaver to the sysinternals bluescreen screensaver which you may be seeing while at the same time setting policies in the registry to disable the two aforementioned tabs in the Display properties window HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System NoDispBackgroundPage and same NoDispScrSvrPage they are both set to Delete both entries Then check HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run for any funky alphanumeric filenames I m pretty sure it s just a random string anyway so posting the string probably won t help you much Delete these keys and the associated file s Doesn t hurt to check msconfig either but I found nothing there quot I thought that it had been fixed because now the tabs are back and i can change my wallpaper and stuff But if i don t touch my comp for long enough this quot blue screen of death quot screen saver pops up All i have to do is push a key and i disappears but it s really annoying cos every time it happens it gives me a fright How can i get rid of this quot blue screen of death quot screen saver Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Blue Screen of Death as screen saver

I removed two files on my harddrive, lphc1gbj0ecft.exe and lphc1gbj0ecft.scr, and now the bluescreen-screensaver is gone!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-of-death-as-screen-saver.742195/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 62.78%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 62.78%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I ve been going through some problems with Pc Restarting, Blue And Freezing, Death Screen Screen Of windows I ll try to be the more clear and organized I can let s start with my config and the symptoms I m getting PC Config Core Duo E GA P DS rev x GB DDR Mhz Kingston in dual channel GeForce GS mb mb with turbo cache HD KJ Samsung Hard DriveSamsung SH-S B DVD driveCorsair VX W Power SupplyOS Windows XP Pro x SP I upgraded to sp just yesterday before that I was running sp Symptoms There are three types of symptoms the most common is the pc simply restarting note that I ve already disabled the quot automatically restart quot in the system properties window and it keeps happening other is the screen freezing and then I have to restart it and the last and Pc Restarting, Screen Freezing, And Blue Screen Of Death less common is the famous Blue Screen of Death also but for only two times instead of the freeze or the blue screen I got an empty black screen All these types of crashes can happen independently of what I m doing It has happened while burning dvds with Nero scanning with anti-virus browsing the net or even while I m asleep and only the bittorrent client is up Though there is one peculiarity I think should be important there s Pc Restarting, Screen Freezing, And Blue Screen Of Death one program the VirtualDubMod build release which is used for Pc Restarting, Screen Freezing, And Blue Screen Of Death various kinds of video manipulating jobs that every time I m enconding a video with it there is a crash and I m convinced it s not only coincidence cause I have tried a lot of times and it always happens But keep in mind it cannot be only this program causing it because the majority of crashes happened without it being in use I ll copy here all the error messages that I got from the event viewer for the last ones I started taking note of what I was doing while happened so I ll write after each event Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time PMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xffffffffc xfffff e f x xffffffffffffffff A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp -------------------Event Type ErrorEvent Source System ErrorEvent Category Event ID Date Time AMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription Error code e parameter ffffffffc parameter fffff e f parameter parameter ffffffffffffffff For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters ff ffffffc c fffff e f c c ffff ffffffff ffff Happened during scanning with Panda Security - ActiveScan plus firefox browsing -------------------the next two are from the same crash one information and one error Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time AMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff fb xfffffadfc c x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type ErrorEvent Source System ErrorEvent Category Event ID Date Time AMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription Error code b parameter c parameter fffff fb parameter fffffadfc c parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d b Param eters c c fffff fb c fffffa dfc c c -------------------Event Type InformationEvent Source Save DumpEvent Category NoneEvent ID Date Time AMUser N AComputer DONATO-LPQ TMLFDescription The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff b cc xfffffadfc x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwl... Read more

A:Pc Restarting, Screen Freezing, And Blue Screen Of Death

Sounds to me like a hardware problem, but the stability test should have revealed that.I'd suggest searching your hard drive for files that end in .dmpThen use this post to perform an analysis on the .dmp files: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246Make sure you select the Debugging Tools for x64 Windows when downloading them.Then post the results here for us to have a look at.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148303/pc-restarting-screen-freezing-and-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 61.92%

For a little while, I was periodically getting the blue screen of death... more frequently lately. When I checked the Event viewer in Vista it had an error each time it happened that said something about Power Management kernel error and Processor 0. Also I sometimes heard beeps before the blue screens would happen that sounded like it could be coming from the power supply, but it was hard to tell. Now the computer just freezes at the motherboard splash screen and will not boot (can't even get into BIOS). Could this be caused by a bad power supply?

A:PC freezes at motherboard splash screen, could it be power supply?

Not likely. It is more likely the hard drive is failing... or you have a problem elsewhere.

Usually the power supply will either work or quit all together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-at-motherboard-splash-screen-could-it-be-power-supply.121349/
Relevancy 61.92%

Can someone please help - my computer has been running fairly slow & I keep getting a pop up when online which looks like a Microsoft pop up but I beleive is not saying my system is running slow due to Adware & Spyware - if you close it out it opens a fake Microsoft web page saying it is scannign for spyware. I have also been getting a lot of pop-ups... but worst of all in the middle of anything a big blue screen will pop up freezing everything and I have to manually restart my computer everytime..... Please Help

A:Blue Screen of Death!!!

what antivirus software do you have? firewall? State all protection you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.743748/
Relevancy 61.92%

08 and 24 anyone have any ideas?

A:Blue Screen Of Death

If you can still boot and connect download:http://www.gregorybraun.com/MSWinErr.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/45956/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

hey all

i have a friend and she just got the blue screen of death and here is what it said. it gave the blah blah but here is the technical information:
0x0000007A (0xc07cdde0, 0xc000000e, 0xf97bc130, 0x0c27c860)

anyone that can help or contribute i will be very appreciative for. thank you very very much.

It was a software or hardware error, when she restarts her computer does it get better? It's a kernel erorr, so unless you can give us mroe specifics about the problem, it's hard to describe.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58006/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

hi the blue screen of death keeps apprearing and the computer switches off please help..

kind regards

A:blue screen of death

Can you get into Windows? If so go to Control Panel -> Administrive Tools -> Event Viewer. Under application and/or system section could you find and post the error messages, ignore warnings, that match the rough time of the last BSOD. Probably best to wait for the next BSOD and as soon as it does it grab the errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.908555/
Relevancy 61.92%

I've been searching for ages and i don't seem to be able to solve the problem...heres a screen shot of whats goin on:It's located here as it won't let me load up!http://oundequipment.fotopic.net/c922042.htmlAny ideas please?

A:Blue Screen Of Death!

Can you boot the computer in safe mode by hitting the F8 key repeatedly at bootup and making the proper selection from the list that presents itself?If so, do a search for the file afd.sys. The Windows version resides in C:\Windows\System32\drivers If you find it in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 then it is probably malware and needs removal.Another idea is to choose Last Known Good Configuration from the same list.If you can't boot the computer, you could always take out the hard drive and install it in a second computer as a slave. Then you should be able to conduct a search on the hard drive, either automatically or manually.That would be the first thing I would suspect. But there can be many causes. Do you have Sygate installed on this computer? If so, look to the makers of Sygate for the fix.You can search Microsoft's Knowledge Base HERE.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49648/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi guys, so I've been getting BSOD a lot but that usually happens if I try to defrag the computer.

I have been guessing that it's because of Low RAM or a failed hard drive but hopefully the .dmp files will help figure it out.

I remember getting a BSOD which said Memory Management and there was another one called Kernel_Inpage_Stack_Error or something like that.

Thanks

Tech Specs:
Windows Vista Home Basic x86
Asus X58L Series
CPU: Celeron - M575
Memory: 1024 MB

Other stuff:
Anti-Virus software: AVG Anti-Virus Free

I forgot to mention that some of my programs have gone missing as well.

When I press Start Menu > All Programs, the programs like Windows Movie Maker or Audacity or Paint.NET, don't appear at all. I can only access the programs which are in folders after I press All Programs.

I haven't updated or installed anything lately so I'm not sure what is happening at all.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285207-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, a few minutes ago i got a random blue screen. I made a lot of research but i can't find a solution most probably cause i am a newbie If anyone could help me out i would be so grateful, thanks in advance

A:Blue screen of Death

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302225-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Getting the blue screen of death please help My computer recently started giving me the blue screen of death every time i start it It shuts down about times till i can get it to load then it getting help screen death Need blue of will give me the blue screen every mins or so and i looked at the error reportand i get Product Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Date PM Status Report Sent Problem signature Problem Event Name Need help getting blue screen of death BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about Need help getting blue screen of death the problem BCCode BCP BCP B F BCP B A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Server information ccb c- ef- eb -abc - ee b bed I am running Windows vista i have attached the file to a zip hoping someone can help me understand what my problem is this is the only error i am getting same file everytime nbsp

A:Need help getting blue screen of death

Do you have your vista installation disk?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-getting-blue-screen-of-death.919933/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I have encountered a blue screen (Blue Screen of Death, I think) by either logging off users or shutting down my computer. I had a suspicion it was a Logitech Driver, so I went to their website and downloaded and installed a newer version of their software for my web camera (had to install new version of Windows Installer to do this). It must not have worked, since the screen showed again.

This last time the stop message was:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x00000000, 0xF8987A6c, 0xF8987768)

I've looked online but nothing is making any sense.

Thanks,
A

A:Blue Screen (of Death?)

If it is crashing everytime then I would say it is likely to be a driver. If the system has not successfully shut down since then start XP with Last Known Good configuration.
Press F8 on startup to reveal this option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71377/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, i turned my PC on ths morning, it was fine when it got to the Windows XP boot screen it gives me a quick flash of blue screen of death and restarts. When i go into safe more all those stuffl load and it is stuck there. I dont mind reformating its just that i need all my data first on my hdd!

First I want to speak to getting the data off of the hard drive. You could always remove the hard drive and install it in another computer as a 'slave' drive. The working computer should still boot up from the 'good' Master hard drive, and then you will be able to navigate (Start > My Computer) to the slave drive and recover your data. More info on how to install a second drive can be found HERE.If your computer still boots, go to:Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery SettingsUncheck Automatically RestartClick Apply and then OKNow when you receive a blue screen the computer will pause on it and you will have to reboot manually.The 'Blue Screen of Death' (or BSOD) is refered to by Microsoft as a Stop Message. They can occur for many reasons. In order to diagnose it's cause we need as much info as you can give about the stop message. Please write it down and post it back here the next time it happens. In particular, it helps to have the somewhat cryptic series of numbers about half way down the blue screen that have this sort of format:0x0000008E (Followed by four other sets of numbers in parenthesis.) It is also helpful to know the answers to these questions:What are you doing when this happens (are you on line, starting the computer, etc).Does it always happen at the same time?Is it always the same message, or is it a different set of numbers each time?Have you added any hardware or software lately?Are you experiencing any other buggy behavior from this computer (such as it runs slower than it used to, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62373/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: f4
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 87BD1B38
BCP3: 87BD1CA4
BCP4: 83232D60

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031513-47829-01.dmp
C:\Users\OWNER\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-188106-0.sysdata.xml

what's happening ? :\

A:Blue Screen of Death

Hello,

Please take a look at the following link and perform the requested steps.

Once you have the required logs please attach in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-of-death-689734.html
Relevancy 61.92%

That about sums it For the past week my computer has been shutting down and refusing to turn back on for more than five minutes at a time Sometimes it will turn off while rebooting sometimes after reaching the log-in screen sometimes it will happen during start up sometimes just after it has Of Death Screen Blue finished and on rare occassions it will let me start a virus scan or attempt to check settings before deciding it no longer wants to be on Until today I hadn t recieved any error messages it just refused to stay on even in safe mode Now however I only get a blue message saying quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot It goes on to suggest I Blue Screen Of Death check any new hardware but I haven t installed any It also said to quot disable BIOS memory options quot And ended with Technical Information STOP x A xFFFFFFF x x x D I am painfully and embarassingly ignorant to the workings of my computer so please bare with me Any advice is greatly appreciated

hijack this is the program i reccomend getting. Then go to the Hijack Logs board and paste your results. Your results will come in a text document, or .txt Just past what you get into that document into a new message on that board, and someone from the hijack team will adress the problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58875/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

Vista BSOD!!!
When i play a game or run Nero 8 to burn a dvd i always get a BSOD that says "a clock interrup was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" and it has some more jibber jabber. But when i restart the system a window pops up and i get this on the drop down window:

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

BCCode: 101
BCP1: 00000061
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 82449120
BCP4: 00000001
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini061008-02.dmp
C:\Users\*omitted*\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-78172-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\*omitted*\AppData\Local\Temp\WER44AD.tmp.version.txt
any suggestions?

--edit--

i forgot to update my system specs, so i actually have Vista Ultimate, and not windows xp.

A:Blue screen of death

Duplicate thread closed.

You may respond here >>

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/720254-vista-bsod.html#post5920262

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.720268/
Relevancy 61.92%

Last weekend I just fixed my computer at my friends house because he had the XP disk but now his computer is broken and the windows XP disk can't fix it! The error is "Unmountable Volume!" Can any body help because we tried the windows disk and swapping hard drives! Thank you .

A:Blue Screen Of Death!

Unmountable Boot Volume in Windows XP ( WINXP ) - http://www.windowsreinstall.com/install/wi...unmountable.htm Unmountable Boot Volume - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;555302 Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136366/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

I was playing a game online and left it on then watched a bit of TV when I went back I had a BSOD so I rebooted but it kept doing it I got told my . Of Screen Blue . . Death vid card was no good any more plus found a raised cap on my board bought new board cpu ram vid card amp a fresh install of win all has been well until today it BSOD again so rebooted had a look around they say that the file that was making error was a ram related issue so I pulled my old sticks amp rebooted it just BSOD me again im so ticked at it virtually new comp amp it pulling this nonsense I installed a prog called quot Blue Screen View quot ive found some info and am going to list it amp see if any of you good people maybe able to assist me in this matter ntoskrnl Blue Screen Of Death . . . exe is the file caused by address ntoskrnl exe c amp file version is- win spl-gdr - to me its gobbly gook if any one can assist id be so very grateful thank you Peace amp Blessings

A:Blue Screen Of Death . . .

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388737-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I tried to start my computer a few minutes ago and it didn't work using another computer I tried looking up the error message but couldn't find anything, PLEASE someone explain it, I would be most greatfull

It was a message on a Blue screen, it explained some proceduress Which I couldn't make heads or tails out of.

anyways there was a part of the message that read

***Stop:0x000000 (0xC0000005, 0xBF803E1A, 0xF774E7c4, 0x00000000)

***Win32k.sys - address BF80E1A base at BF800000 Datestamp 41107f7a

I can't start the computer even in safe mode, the computer restarts as soon as I try.

Please Help Me!!!

Relevancy 61.92%

I put this here cause I think it may be a RAM problem. For a few weeks now my pc has been randomly rebooting. I set it to give me the error prompt without rebooting so I could see what is wrong. It says the problem originates at
0x805F3792 0x00000002 0x 00000000 0x805F3792

I googled this and got no results. Anyone know what might be causing my random reboots, or where I can look up this error code?

The bluescreen error codes are rather useless and the address of the faulting instruction is even more useless unless you are a debugging guru and have a memory dump at hand.

Sometimes you are told the name of the faulting module and you an pinpoint a driver for example.

Use a memory testing utility to test your RAM for errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death.23887/
Relevancy 61.92%

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2

BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800239A010
BCP2: FFFFF88004630CB0
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
Product: 768_1

I have no idea whatsoever what is causing this error. I formatted my whole computer thrice but yet my computer suddenly restarts with no warning after 30 minutes of use. SO PLEASE HELP!!!!!

A:Blue Screen of Death ( please help!)

Please follow the instructions here to get BSOD help:

System Info - See Your System Specs

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297263-blue-screen-death-please-help.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Blue screen of death....
So the last few days my computer has been crapping out on me pretty regularly. Im really not sure what is causing it. Last night I was watching some stuff off of netflix and I got the "blue screen of death". When the computer restarted this was the message that was on the screen and the details for the problem...

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000000783
BCP2: FFFFFA6001BA3570
BCP3: FFFFF9801B580000
BCP4: FFFFF8800FE1BCC0
OS Version: 6_0_6001

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini101009-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-143754-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBFA6.tmp.version.txt

Can anyone help me with this problem? I would love to figure it out and get it fixed!

A:blue screen of death.... :(

We need a lot more information to help you:

What version of Windows and which service packs?
Amount of RAM on computer?
Does the blue screen happen only with watching Netflix or does it occur with other programs too? Which ones?
Security software on your computer? If so, which one(s)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.867493/
Relevancy 61.92%

hi everyone ,I am entirely new to this site if am posted my thread in wrong section am sorry for that..

when i put my system on sleep it not regaining back to active state . and when i try to wake up ,it suddenly showing a blue screen and turns off .again when i start it it shows black screen for about 5 mins and then loads my desktop and shows "windows recovered for unexpected shut down and Error : blue screen" it tell the above message . somebody help pls

A:blue screen death

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285965-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hello guys my name is baz.

Ive being getting random crash with my PC.

so what i did was.

Format my HDD.
Reinstalled windows 7 ultimate.
Reinstalled all drivers to my,keyboard,mouse,webcam, joystick,G-Card,Sound Card,Chip set,

but i still get them at times,

my PC spec are:

Intel i7 Extreme - Premium Level 3 Updated Specs September 2010 - Antec Midi 300
Processor CPU: Intel i7 950 2.80 Ghz 4 Cores
CPU Cooling: T/Take Performance Cooling
Memory: 8GB DDR3 Quad Chanel
Motherboard: Asus P6T X58 Deluxe
Sound Card: Xonar 7.1 DS PCI
Hard Disk 1: 1 Terabyte Sata Hard Disk
Optical Drive 1: High Speed DVD Rewriter
Video Card 1 Main: 1.536GB Nvidia Geforce GTX580
Networking {Broadband}: Gigabit Ethernet On Board
Power Supply: EVO 900 Watt 80+ Certified
Operating System: Windows 7 ultimate 64 Bit
AntiVirus Software: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition
If anyone can help i would be very thank full.

A:Blue screen of death. please help.

Hi baz

Take a look at the link below

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284804-blue-screen-death-please-help.html
Relevancy 61.92%

problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2: FFFFF8800C26C760
BCP3: FFFFF8800C26C800
BCP4: 00000000050A0103
OS Version: 6_0_6001
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini091811-02.dmp
C:\Users\Yakey\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31215-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Yakey\AppData\Local\Temp\WER78D7.tmp.version.txt
Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

A:blue screen of death...

We can offer the best help with this information

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292656-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My computer is acting up on me- I've had several bsod's within the last month If anyone is able to interpret the following log I would very much appreciate it - - dmp AM IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x a x of blue death screen x x x c halmacpi dll halmacpi dll Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp rtm - -bit blue screen of death ntkrnlpa exe b f halmacpi dll ntkrnlpa exe blue screen of death f ntkrnlpa exe blue screen of death C windows Minidump - - dmp AM - - dmp PM KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e xc x f a xa a c x win k sys win k sys d a Multi-User Win Driver Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win rtm - -bit win k sys d a win k sys be ntkrnlpa exe d c C windows Minidump - - dmp PM - - dmp AM PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x xfffffffc x x d cf f x ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe d NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe d ntkrnlpa exe aa ntkrnlpa exe f f ntkrnlpa exe C windows Minidump - - dmp AM - - dmp PM MEMORY MANAGEMENT x a x x e xa ba xaec f ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe debfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe debfc ntkrnlpa exe a ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe a C windows Minidump - - dmp PM - - dmp PM KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR x x x x xa bc ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe debfc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - -bit ntkrnlpa exe debfc ntkrnlpa exe b f c ntkrnlpa exe c ntkrnlpa exe d C windows Minidump - - dmp PM

And here is a snapshot:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/homkbGerXiYj122ZlkLKStw

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540298/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

After the computer is Blue Screen of Death idle about an hour the blue screen of death appears It says IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL then below that it says STOP X AI did a system restore to the last restore point before this happened the first time but that didn't change anything If I stay busy at the computer the screen does not appear Please help Here are the log files you asked for Thanks for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Joe at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated D FA C -F - B -D EC- EDF CEDB SP Norton Internet Security Enabled Updated E -D C- F-EC C- AD B SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW Norton Internet Security Enabled E E -BF - E -FDB -A EAC E A Running Processes C Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost Blue Screen of Death exe -k GPSvcGroupC Program Files Common Files SPBA upeksvr exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exeC Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnagent exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Trusted Drive Manager TdmService exeC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXEC Program Files x Microsoft BingDesktop BingDesktopUpdater exeC Program Files Broadcom MgmtAgent BrcmMgmtAgent exeC Program Files x Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHInst exeC PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHSC EXEC Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exeC Windows system IProsetMonitor exeC Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQLSERVER MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC JCI FXWorkbench- bin niagarad exeC Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine NIS exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files SonicWALL SonicWALL Global VPN Client SWGVCSvc exeC Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Authentication Manager WaveAMService exeC Program Files x WatchGuard WatchGuard Mobile VPN with SSL wgsslvpnsrc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System WUDFHost exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtDCpl exeC Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Trusted Drive Manager TdmNotify exeC Program Files x GFI GFI Backup - Home Edition GFIAgent exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exeC Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exeC Program Files x CyberLink Shared files brs exeC Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exeC Program Files x Microsoft BingDesktop BingDesktop exeC Program Files x Citrix ICA Client concentr exeC Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure M... Read more

Greetings j_699 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktopIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================BlueScreenView----------Download BlueScreenView and save it to your desktopDouble click the BlueScreenView.exe file then click OKSelect Run, Next, then Next againClick InstallWhen the scanning is complete, select Edit and Select AllThen click File and Save Selected ItemsSave the report as BSOD.txtOpen BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy the entire content and paste it into your next reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538271/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

i HAVE THE STOP X000000024 ERROR ON MY PC. HOW CAN I EXIT THIS TO RUN CHKDSK /F OR GET INTO MY SYSTEM TO UNINSTALL ANTI VIRUS AS THE ERROR INDICATES I SHOULD DO?? hELP......

I know this states for Windows 2000 but XP is based on the same system so you can give this a shot http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...serv/reskit/prork/prhd_exe_ebam.mspx?mfr=true.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.750903/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi. Every time i run a PC game my computer goes to the blue screen. It also does the EXACT same thing every once in awhile for java applets or large flash animations.

Here is the error:

0x00008E (0xC000005,0x804EDFA3,0xB1C5142C,0x00000000)

It doesnt give any file name on the blue screen or any description of what is causing this. I dont know if there is some information you can get from those numbers but any help would be appreciated!

I have:
XP SP1
RADEON 9000 SERIES
Creative SB Live

I dont know what other info but it seems that this always happens when i have graphics and sound going.

Thanks.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello In the past few weeks I have gotten the blue of Death Screen Blue screen of death twice Unfortunately the screen was counting down at the bottom and I shut Blue Screen of Death the computer down before taking any information I have been running the computer in safe mode and trying to get rid of any viruses All other programs I have tried have not found any major viruses so I was told to run Combofix I ran combofix but am still afraid there is more left on the computer Here is my log for the run ComboFix - - - LDB - x NETWORK Microsoft Windows Home Premium Blue Screen of Death GMT - Running from c users LDB Downloads ComboFix exe AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Disabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Created a new restore point Other Deletions c programdata bdinstall bin c windows wininit ini Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c users boinc master AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates CCAA - E - - BA - A B BD E offreg dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Windows Defender Definition Updates CCAA - E - - BA - A B BD E mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Google - - - - -------- d-----w- c users LDB AppData Roaming Malwarebytes - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Malwarebytes - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mbam sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Max Secure - - - - -------- d-----w- c users LDB AppData Local Max Secure Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c users LDB AppData Roaming GetRightToGo - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - -------- d-----w- c users LDB AppData Roaming SparkTrust - - - - -------- d-----w- c users LDB AppData Roaming DriverCure - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata SparkTrust - - - - ----a-w- c programdata pclunst exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata PC Data - - - - -------- d-----w- c users LDB AppData Roaming QuickScan - - - - -------- d-----w- c users LDB AppData Roaming Nico Mak Computing Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system MRT exe - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe - - - - --sha-w- c programdata KGyGaAvL sys - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerApp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow FlashPlayerCPLApp cpl Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run Sidebar c program files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe - - Elbserver c program files x Sony Media Gallery ElbServer exe - - Akamai NetSession Interface c users LDB AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run IAStorIcon c program files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Adobe ARM c program files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher c program files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat sl exe - - Acrobat Assistant c program files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe - - SmartWiHelper c program files x Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiHelper exe - - ISBMgr exe c program files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe - - PMBVolumeWatcher c program files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe - - McAfeeUpdaterUI c program files x McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe - - ShStatEXE c program files x McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE - - AdobeCS ServiceManager c program files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - StartCCC c program files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe - - SHTtray exe c program files x Common Files Sony Shared SOHLib SHTtray exe - - ConnectionCenter c program files x Citrix ICA Client concentr exe - - HP Software Update c program files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - SunJa... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/523171 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523171/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello and thank you for your help... When I boot my cpu everything will work fine or around 1 minute the all types of errors start popping up such as HPOSD.exe error.  Then after about 1 minute I will get the blue screen...Please help me I have all of my family photos and documents on this cpu

A:Blue screen of death!

Also when I boot in safe mode my cpu works fine

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519475/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have fdisk twice now thinking it was a corrupted OS. Running W98 SE AMD 650mhz on Gigabyte board. I kept getting blue screens with a vxd msg and also system reboots all by itself or just goes black and freezes. Very frustrating. Happens at anytime. I had a viper 770 ultra card which i thought was the problem. went to a stealth III which worked for 2 days. Then I tried a ATI Rage fury 128 and it started with blue screens after 2 days and now I am on a brand new 3D prophet 4500 and this morning, the second day running it, I got a blue screen vxd error. Ran fine all day Jan 1 during my fdisk and entering all my programs. Not sure what to check next. Could it be power supply, mother board, agp slot, memory????? Very very frustrated! Any suggestions appreciated

Bob

A:Blue Screen Death VXD

is your cpu fan turning well and keeping your chip new and cool? when this is not so, the machine can periodically blue screen and throw you off. this can commonly be seen where operations in ms-dos like your fdisking are successful and there and no problems, but when you fire up windows the machine blue screens after a time.

is there a pattern to the blue screens, or is the information you are giving completely random? I mean, is the blue screen a continual crash in the same program?

You might also want to run a surface scan of your HDD in dos as you may have a drive that's running into problems.

definately sounds hardware related at this stage. try running the machine without the cover on, looking for obvious problems. reseat RAM, etc. Finally reset processor if all else fails, but try reseating all PCI cards first too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-death-vxd.3751/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi.

So out of the blue (excuse the pun) I got a BSOD pop up this morning. The system shut down and rebooted ok albeit a little slow. I am running Vista on a 32-bit Sony Vaio which is 18 months old. Service pack updates etc were all attempted (and successfully done I think) during the last 6 weeks.

After trawling forums etc I have tracked down my mini dump file for the BSOD crash, downloaded MS debug tools and loaded it into WinDbg. That showed me a load of stuff about incorrect symbols etc that i didn't understand but resulted in the end by saying:

Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt+e752b )

And thats where I am stuck. I don't know what this means or what to do about it. Can somone help?

Many thanks in advance,

AMP

A:Blue screen of death - help please

Well that is system memory management driver. It is not at fault and it rules out little unfortunately.

Try to determine if the problem is repeatable and under what circumstances.

If you have installed anything new you might try uninstalling it or doing a "System Restore" (these don't cause any loss of personal data, and can be undone in most cases).

Do the "analyze -v" and then try this command to see what had been loaded up to the crash:

kv (Display Stack Backtrace)

or if that doesn't do any thing, this:

.trap (Display Trap Frame)

What you will see here are the drivers loaded during the fault -- be suspicious of installed Security programs.

If it's a hardware issue -- it is most likely ram, so run mdsched.exe and on reboot to the scanner press F1 for Advanced options and run the extended test.

If it is a laptop especially consider possible overheating as an issue as well.

By the way, although it is not critical for debugging purposes, to get the correct symbols online make sure the "symbol path" is configured thusly:

SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

You don't need to configure the "image" path.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35246

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-help-please.869287/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey forum Lately Im getting a blue screen of death at least times a day I have this info if it helps what can I do to fix this problem Blue Screen Death Of I do my regular updates but why is this happening I took my pc for a format Blue Screen Of Death and I installed a windows Any suggestions Id like to try myself to deal with this issue rather than going back again to my pc tech which he told me he has to run the pc and leave it until it crashes and then he can know whats causing this isssue Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP FFFFF BF BCP B B BCP FFFFFA EE A OS Version Service Pack Product Files that Blue Screen Of Death help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Admin AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286481-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

First of all, this is my first time posting, and I'm not sure under what heading it should go but here goes.
A few days ago, I started getting the Blue Screen of Death. I get it about 3 times a day. I have read some other sites that mention drivers, new hardware, etc., but I've changed nothing. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I am kind of new to computers. Thanks.

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello firstly I apologise if this is not in the right place but i have a real problem with my computer I always all of a sudden get a blue screen of death which gives an error code of wording of USB BUGCODE Once I restarted the computer a message comes up saying that my computer has recovered from a serious error and than help!! death ? Blue Screen of i Blue Screen of death ? help!! have to click on the messgae and it sends info to somewhere and it than takes me to the Microsoft site and says Quote Problem caused by ADSL USB Modem glausb sys This problem was caused by ADSL USB Modem glausb sys ADSL USB Modem glausb sys is distributed by many companies Recommendation Contact the organization that provided you with ADSL USB Modem glausb sys for support information or product updates If you are unsure which organization to contact examine the product details using Device Manager How do I use Device Manager Click Start and then click Control Panel Click Performance and Maintenance and then click System On the Hardware tab click Blue Screen of death ? help!! Device Manager Double-click the type of device you want to view Right-click the specific device you want examine and then click Properties On the Driver tab click Driver Details Alternatively you may choose to uninstall the program or driver How do I uninstall a program in Windows XP Click Start click Control Panel and then click Add or Remove Programs Click Change or Remove Programs and then click the program you want to change or remove Click the appropriate button To change a program click Change Remove or Change To remove a program click Change Remove or Remove Warning When you click Change or Remove some programs may be removed without prompting you further Note Add or Remove Programs will only remove programs that were written for Windows operating systems For other programs check the documentation that came with the program to see if other files such as ini files should be removed How do I disable or uninstall a device driver Click to expand Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

IM running homexp and I keep getting the blue sceen error stop oxoooooo8e & also certain programs stop running (windows has error and must shut down).About 3 weeks ago I installed new mobo asus r800v deluxe & raedon video card.I tried uninstalling video card & nothing.Ive even uninstalled a lot of programs & ziltch nothing.All the latest drivers are installed.It is not always the same errors or numbers.

if u havnt got any impotant stuff on your computer you can wipe of the computer

or a safe recovery if you do have important things

and theres this thing i heard about that rewinds the computer back to the last time u turned it on but i dont no if that will work

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9325/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

ok yesterday my other computer got that dreaded Blue Screen of Death!! So I went ahead and did the Recovery on it. i got it up and running and it seemed to be working fine...But this morning when I checked, it was running slow, something came up saying i didn't have enough memory and i had to reboot and that's when the blue screen came up for like a second ...dont know what's happening.. I went to Safe Mode and am running Norton rightnow just to see if I have any viruses... I just need some help in figuring what the heck is wrong and why the blue screen would come back up. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

A:BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH?!?!?

How much ram/hard drive space does the computer have?

Chances are you were running out of memory and the system crashed, or someone disabled the page file and your system ran out of ram.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29839/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, erm, i was just sitting at my computer, playing guitar, not really doing much on my computer, and all of a sudden this blue screen came up saying alot of stuff, and i was just wondering, what caused this to happen? And am i supposed to do something about this? Thanks, and i sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject.

A:Blue screen of death?

Run your Virus Scanner and Spyware Scanner to check for Viruses or Spyware. Then if all comes back clean, I would do a System File Checker Scan. The System File Checker Scan is a utility from Microsoft that scans the critical system files on your computer and checks to make sure that those files are intact and in their original version (as they should be)... if they are not in their original version, then it will replace them with the proper file. You should already have System File Checker on your Computer (it is a standard XP utility)To run System File Checker you will need your Windows Installation disk, then youClick START then RUNThen Type sfc /scannowHope that helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26907/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

i just came home from being outside and my sisters were just finished watching free full shows on MY OF BLUE DEATH FIRST SCREEN nick com i popped in the sims DVD and my first blue screen of death popped up here is the exact message A problem has been detected and windows MY FIRST BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing the video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as cahing or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup options and then select Safe Mode Technical information STOP x E x x E d xf D A C x Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for futher assistance anybody can help i really appreciate it as i dont wanna see this screen again

A:MY FIRST BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

Hi these stop errors that have come there is no info on them but if you go to http://support.microsoft.com/ and look for knowledge base read what you have to do type those nimbers in and it should flash up on screen what caused it do all the ones starting with 0x000.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24479/my-first-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Zenith GT with 133mHz and 32 MB of RAM. My problem is that everyother day I get a physical memory dump when i boot up the machine. I have reformatted and reinstalled on numerous occassions. Does anyone have a tip or trick that will get rid of this problem?

Greetings

It sounds to me like you have something wrong with some of the physical components to your machine. Most likely it's either your Hard Drive, or more likely, one of your memory chips.

Or, it could be a problem with one of your hardware drivers, that might not be Win2K compatible. Make sure that you are using the latest, uptodate Win2K driver for all your hardware.

Lastly, it may be one of the programs you have installed that loaded a driver that Win2K can not process. A program like that that springs to mind is CD Copier. On NT4, it worked great, and created multiple Virtual CD-ROM drives on my system. On Win2K, it made Win2K blue Screen every time I tried to boot up. Also, I think McAfee 4.03 for NT4 does not work on Win2K.

Here is my suggestion. Re-install (and when I say re-install, I mean format the HD so that there is nothing on it, and then reload the OS from a fresh beginning), and keep your system lean for a while (ie. do not load any major programs like Netscape, Office 97, etc). See if for a few days the blue screens go away. If they do, it is likely to be a program's fault. Then start to load programs slowly. Once you load a program and the blue screens return, then that is the culprit.

If the Blue Screens are still present even if there are no programs loaded, start uninstalling some of your hardware drivers. IE, use the standard VGA drivers, not your normal screen drivers, disable your sound card, etc.

If the Blue Screens still appear, then you need to have your hardware checked out. Take the box to a reputable repair shop and have them test the hardware.

Hope this helps

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.28733/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, I am having troubles with my Dell Dimension e510. There was some sort of fake XP antivirus program that was run and now it always gets a blue screen error on restart. The errors change each time from video card errors to beep.sys errors. I have researched around to see if I could fix it, but the problem is, I cannot boot the PC at all, not in Safe mode, not in Safe Mode with Command Prompt...nothing. How can I fix it without booting at least into Command Prompt? I have tried a boot disk..no dice. It says to disable BIOS but I dont know how to do that. I do not have an XP disc because the computer came preloaded...does that mean it is contained on a partition? If so, how can I access that? Any info would be great. Thanks!!!

You can do a Dell factory restore, but it will wipe all your data.

http://support.dell.com/support/top...pe=&os=&component=&lang=&doclang=&toggle=&dl=

Request a set of free backup discs here
http://support.dell.com/support/top...ackupcd_form?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.757399/
Relevancy 61.92%

My computer has crashed and I can't get it to start up at all. I have tried all the modes of start up by pressing F8. and have looked at set up options by hitting F4 as well. Nothing seems to stop the blue screen from appearing.

the O/S is Windows 2000 Professional. Unfortunately I can't get into any start up screen for any further options.
The error message on the blue screen is as follows:

***STOP:0X0000001E (0XC0000005, 0X804918D0,0X00000001, 0X00000001)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

***Address 804918D0 base at 80400000, Datestamp 384d9b17 ntoskrnl.exe

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I think this will help you.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q294728

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q196389

Savvy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.61239/
Relevancy 61.92%

I got the blue scree of death and I ran a diagnostic. I got the error code 2000 - 0146: self drive test contains previous log errors.

I put in the installation disk, I formatted the partition, deleting everything. (I didn't have anything important worth saving on a back up) I ran the installation, it got to expanding files 87% before I get error code 0x8007045d, it cancels the installations, and now I can't even install Windows back on to my hard drive. Can someone please help me?

I have a Windows Vista, intel core duo 2, studio 1535.

A:Blue screen of death help!!!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please follow the posting instructions and we will look at your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/291705-blue-screen-death-help.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi of Screen death help Blue guys Im getting the blue screen of death which causes my Blue Screen of death help comp to restart The blue screen has the title quot Bad Pool Caller quot or something I did a dumpchk on the dmp file on the only dmp file in my minidump folder Its called Mini - dmp Does this Blue Screen of death help mean it was for an error that occured in becasue it s the only dmp file i could find the Blue screen of death started happening yesterday i updated my NVIDIA graphics card This is the Dump check error log Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c a c bdc analyze -v -v Probably caused by win k sys win k xxxSendMessageTimeout b Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg a The address that the exception occurred at Arg c bdc Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced me mory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP win k xxxSendMessageTimeout b a b e cmp ebx dword ptr esi TRAP FRAME c bdc -- trap xffffffffc bdc ErrCode eax ebx fcd d ecx fffffcb edx fe esi edi eip a esp c c ebp c c iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe nc cs ss ds es fs gs efl win k xxxSendMessageTimeout xb a b e cmp ebx dword ptr esi ds Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME Snes K exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from e to a STACK TEXT c c e win k xxxSendMessageTimeout xb c ca b f a win k xxxSendMessage x d c cc b fe win k xxxSendUAHMenuMessage x c cf b a f fe f d win k xxxPaintMenuBar x c d c a a c f d win k NtUserPaintMenuBar x c d e a c f d nt KiFastCallEntry x a WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong dc x e a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP win k xxxSendMessageTimeout b a b e cmp ebx dword ptr esi SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME win k xxxSendMessageTimeout b FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME win k IMAGE NAME win k sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d b ef FAILURE BUCKET ID x E win k xxxSendMessageTimeout b BUCKET ID x E win k xxxSendMessageTimeout b Followup MachineOwner Can anyone help me Thanks nbsp

A:Blue Screen of death help

f p:
Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum.
Yes, the date is part of the file name.
Set the folder view to "details" and you will see the relationship.

Please provide the accurate text for the BSOD, which will be more useful than
"Bad_Pool_Caller" or something...Click to expand...

Have you read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935936 ?

At your favorite search engine, enter: vista "win32k.sys"
WITH quotes.

For more information on mini dumps, see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931673

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-help.872904/
Relevancy 61.92%

when upgrading to a new motherboard i get a blue screen of death telling me to uninstall any new ide controllers or hard drives
i am using the same hard drive with win 2000 as the os
everytime i install a new drive be it a hard drive or a zip drive i get the same message. any help you might give would be greatly
appreciated.

Relevancy 61.92%

Lately I have been getting the blue screen of death computer and OS stuff at bottom It usually doesn t happen when I m just doing MS Office stuff Instead it typically happens when I m watching movies It can be streamable stuff like Netflix or Hulu or it can be saved wmv death blue of screen files and such Here s the gist of the message after the general stuff quot Check to be sure you blue screen of death have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you you need to use safe mode blah blah Technical information STOP x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF x xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF quot ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have no clue what this means Thx Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Wistron CE MQ Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Everyone!!

I have been getting this Blue Screen of Death and it is making me crazy:eek:

I have had these 3 sayings: Bad_Pool_Header
Bad_Pool_Caller
Driver_IRQL-Not_Less_Or_Equal

What does these mean? Can someone help me with these problems?
Thank you.

If you can boot into XP try doing a system restore using a date prior to this problem. Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.The Bad_Pool_Header Bad_Pool_Caller error usually is caused by a Device Driver problem, a system restore may take care of that.The other error can be memory, either RAM or virtual memory.If the problem isn't resolved with the system restore try downloading and running Memtest86. You will need to make a CD of this which you will be able to boot from. You may need to go into the BIOS and change the CD-ROM to the first device in the boot order. The longer you allow this to run, the more accurate the test will be.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187987/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

MY Wife's laptop is an IBM Thinkpad R40 running XP pro with SP2. It has 1 gb of memory. The computer gets "taken over " By this error message :

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing

0X0000000A
(0XFFBDF7D0,0X00000001,0X00000000,0X8050DA88)

The background screen is blue by the way. Is this the blue screen of death I have heard about for years , but never seen?? Thx All !

Relevancy 61.92%

well it turns out i figured out the problem but now a new one has arisen when i boot up the pc and browse the internet for say ten minutes then all of a sudden out of no where i get the blue screen of death BAM of screen Blue death.. again. after i start up the computer it says Blue screen of death.. again. windows has recovered from a unexpected shut down i think here is some info i got Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP AB BCP F FA BCP F F C BCP D F OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users home AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users home AppData Local Temp WER tmp versi Blue screen of death.. again. on txt Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x any ideas on what to do ive lost one computer to the blue screen a few years ago any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I had this computer for a very long time I built it myself and through the years I have been upgrading the hardware components to keep up with the latest hardware Recently I have been getting the blue screens of death I tried everything the the results that I googled said to do Still nothing After much frustration I decided to just to a whole new install of my OS with not even keeping any of my old files on a completely new TB hard Death Blue of Screen drive I did that last night and even with the clean installation I have gotten a couple of blue screens already I have looked in the device manager list and there is no problems there and even did many registry cleans with my paid for program and still no luck The errors that I have been able to record so far are Paged Fault In Non Paged Area X A X E System Specs Windows Vista Home Basic bit Intel Core Quad CPU GeForce GTX G RAM If anyone can help it Blue Screen of Death would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey Yesterday I attempted to use my webcam for the first time in weeks via Facebook When I tried to do this I got a BSoD so the PC was restarted I tried to use it on Windows Live Messenger and it happened again I realize that this has something to do with the drivers Here are more details Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available Blue of Death Screen Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode d BCP FFFFFA D BCP BCP BCP FFFFFA D AC Blue Screen of Death OS Version Service Pack Product I recovered this information in the Windows Troubleshooting department Also another file name was mentioned On the blue screen I saw ArcsoftKSUFilter sys as a failing application ArcSoft came with my laptop as the webcam driver I install Windows updates when available I think that may be the problem However I am unsure System data OS Windows Vista Home Premium -bit SP RAM GB CPU Pentium R Dual-Core CPU t GHz It is a Sony Vaio VGN-NS J bought in November I look forward to a solution of my problem Thank you anyone who is trying to help me

I can't help you, but for others to be able to help you you will need to upload the following files in this folder:

C:\Windows\Minidump

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280996-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have been experiencing the bsod for some time now I actually just about got this message posted and when I went to click submit the BSOD once again entered my life When I first started getting it I decided I would just format my HD and reinstall windows this did not solve my problem I continue to get it after my computer has been running for a little bit I ran windows debugger and below is the analysis I got Any suggestions would be great Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version Blue death Screen of X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Blue Screen of death Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by xpsp sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x b c Debug session time Sun Dec GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Blue Screen of death Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image LSIPNDS sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for LSIPNDS sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for LSIPNDS sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck D ffff f e Probably caused by LSIPNDS sys LSIPNDS Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg ffff memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg f e address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS ffff CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP LSIPNDS f e b mov edx dword ptr eax CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD PROCESS NAME iexplore exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from f ea to f e STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong f e f ea a LSIPNDS x f e f e fe a fc a LSIPNDS xb f f c f e a f fac a LSIPNDS x fe f fb f a e a c a e LSIPNDS x f fd dbbd a ec a d NDIS ndisMDpcX x f ff db e ee c nt KiRetireDpcList x f ff ee c nt KiDispatchInterrupt x a db e bb xee c STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP LSIPNDS f e b mov edx dword ptr eax SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME LSIPNDS FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME LSIPNDS IMAGE NAME LSIPNDS sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP ef FAILURE BUCKET ID xD LSIPNDS BUCKET ID xD LSIPNDS Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Blue Screen of death

Probably caused by : LSIPNDS.sys ( LSIPNDS+8734 )I believe that the LSIPNDS.sys file is related to your wireless card. You might want to try updating the driver for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/184878/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am facing the same problem as joeturbo. It would be so helpful if you guys could help me out with this.I have attached the minidump files.Thanks in advance.

Hi -

Please follow these instructions --> BSOD Posting Instructions

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-483772.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I turned my computer on this morning only to find this errorSTOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down As far as I know nothing has been changed no new programs have been installed I was not aware of any viruses I m running AVG Both AVG and of Death Blue Screen Windows might have updated before I shut down So far I ve tested all the hardware with PC-Check and found that it was all working properly I ve manually restored the registry back to a Blue Screen of Death few days ago with a Live CD which didn t help I ve run a chkdsk r and found nothing I m at a loss I did read the microsoft article on this but was unable to follow it since it says to boot to the command prompt but the system won t boot at all I can t even boot into safe mode I m reluctant to format and re-install windows but I will if I have to Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks

I think it means there is a error in winlogon.Click here for MS support

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179714/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

my computer is gateway model number md7334u. it keeps saying configuring updates 3 of 3 then going to blue screen and restarting over again. numbers are 0x0000007e on blue screen. i trying to reset to factory settings but cant get into windows and wont work on safe mode. please help if u can thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-blue-screen-of-death.996656/
Relevancy 61.92%

i hope this is in the right forum! i swear i always have computer problems, but nothing like this. i went to start up my computer today, and it wouldnt start, and i got the blue screen of death. its giving me the error c000021a(fatal error) then it says session manager initialization system process terminated with a status of 0xc000026c. i have no idea what this means, but i just formatted and reinstalled windows on my computer a few weeks ago. i got it to boot in safe mode or something because im on it now, but the resolution is low, and the color is only at 4 bits, and it wont let me change it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Blue Screen Of Death?!?!

Look here for stop errors.http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170279/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,
I have a AMD Atholong XP 2800+ 2.08GHz 448mb of Ram, and I've been getting a blue screen recently. I encountered this before, but at the time I had 2 RAM chips in, and when I took one out, the problem went away for about 4 months, and now it's back. The error I'm getting on the blue screen is 0x0000000A (0x760c7D3B, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804EBF6B). Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this? Do I need new RAM or a new Motherboard? I have checked for viruses/spyware/adware and have none. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.665609/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all I am new to this group and found you while searching for solutions of Screen Blue Death to my occasional BSOD problem It happened again today and I decided that I should probably figure out what is going wrong My computer information is as follows Dell Inspiron - E - Intel CPU T GHz GB RAM Microsoft Windows XP Professional - version - Service pack My computer gets automatic updates from Microsoft I am still running IE for work reasons I have client sites I must be able to test Today around noon my computer BSOD I can say that I had a number of applications open at one time which I can guess was something like this SQL Server Management Studio - Blue Screen of Death connected to a computer over a VPN I was engaged in working in this application when BSOD happened Microsoft Outlook - In the middle of writing an e-mail Internet Explorer - many instances of IE were open at the time Including one connected via RDC to a remote computer I followed the instructions on this site and scanned my system for malware with AD-Aware free version It found only some cookies and a couple of privacy related items I have McAfee Anti-virus running at all times and have not recieved any messages Upon Restart after BSOD I did see a message from Microsoft stating that my computer had an automatic update Usually the automatic updates automatically reboot my computer overnight so I thought this was a little strange to see it at this time Also I have had this problem occasionally over the past couple of months It seems to always happen while I m working on things on the computer and just all of a sudden BSOD The minidump files I see indicate it has done this recently on the following dates dump attached below So it s not happening all the time but enough to start getting me concerned If more minidump files would be helpful in diagnosing the problem I can upload them also If you can give me any ideas on why this would be happening occasionally I would greatly appreciate it Thanks Chris My latest MiniDump file from today contains this Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by xpsp sp qfe - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Fri Dec GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c bf e a f Probably caused by win k sys win k UserGetRedirectedWindowOrigin Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg bf e The address that the exception occurred at Arg a f Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP win k UserGetRedirectedWindowOrigin bf e b mov edx dword ptr eax h TRAP FRAME a f -- trap xffffffffa f ErrCode eax ebx ecx b edx b esi e cb e edi eip bf e esp ... Read more

As win32k.sys crashed in SqlWb.exe I'd have to suspect the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on your system. I'd suggest uninstalling this program, rebooting, updating your system through Windows Update (to include SP3), rebooting, then downloading a fresh copy to install, then updating your system one more time.

But the results from just one dump file may not be enough - could you post the rest of the dump file analysis' so we can have a look at them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187789/blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 61.92%

Recently encountered BsoD problem. The details are mentioned below:

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

BCCode: a
BCP1: 000000010000024F
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80002E9A258

C:\Windows\Minidump\020914-23587-01.dmp
C:\Users\Toshiba\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-61370-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

This is from event viewer:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2014-02-09T11:17:33.198422300Z

EventRecordID 76770

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Toshiba-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 10
BugcheckParameter1 0x10000024f
BugcheckParameter2 0x2
BugcheckParameter3 0x1
BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff80002e9a258
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Hi hsk0891,

Get rid of intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.
Let us know for any further issue.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {10000024f, 2, 1, fffff80002e9a258}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
Probably caused by : iaStor.sys ( iaStor+2d9b8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000010000024f, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002e9a258, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030b4100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030b41c0
000000010000024f Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MmUnlockPages+3e8
fffff800`02e9a258 f04d0fc1aa50020000 lock xadd qword ptr [r10+250h],r13

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: System

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

DPC_STACK_BASE: FFFFF88003322FB0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880033228e0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880033228e0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff800030b7d68
rdx=fffffa8000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002e9a258 rsp=fffff88003322a70 rbp=0000000000003c49
r8=0000058000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=00000000ffffffff
r11=fffff88003328043 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac po cy
nt!MmUnlockPages+0x3e8:
fffff800`02e9a258 f04d0fc1aa50020000 lock xadd qword ptr [r10+250h],r13 ds:00000001`0000024f=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002e7c169 to fffff80002e7cbc0

STACK_TEX... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321429-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Brand new unit out the boxJust after set up blue screen crashes and resets8 times nowSays Windows did not install

A:Blue screen death on new PC

Hi RustyBucket,  Sorry this happened to you. If it were me, there are two things I would do: 1) Try to run a full recovery from the Hard Drive. You can access the Recovery options before the PC boots to Windows. Here are instructions for this:http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-22-b000-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/10734597/model/11875100/... 2) If Recovery doesn't work, I would take it back to the store where I got to see if I could get a replacement. Or I would contact HP to have them repair the PC. This option would take the time to ship it to HP though and have them send it back.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Blue-screen-death-on-new-PC/td-p/5772549
Relevancy 61.92%

so i cant find any info on this, driver power state failure, the info it gives is this stop: 0x0000009f (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa8007ab8050, 0xfffffa80079c4060, 0xfffffa8006862c60). i have vista and it sucks. the blue screen last poped up when it was giving me the usual not responding message when trying to read and external hd, before that was when i was playing a video.

It happened to me. Wimdows is dead. There's a driver or something that got deleted. I has to ship mines off to the manufacturing co due to my PC was still under warranty. An IT specialist may be able to fix it for you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death.1014281/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, can anyone help me fix this problem?

"STOP: C0000218 {Registry File Failure}
The registry cannot load the hive (file)
:\System Root\System32\Config\SECURITY or its log or alternate.
It is corrupt, absent, or not writable."

windows vista 32bit unable to get to desktop or anything else

Hello vym7777,
There are a couple of things you can try.
On boot up press F8 and then choose "Last Known Good Configuration".

Do you have a Vista disk, if so, you can try the repair option using that.
Link to tutorial below.

Startup Repair

When you say you cant get to anything, does that include safe mode ?.
Can you include some system specs with your next post, thanks.

Also, can you delete the double post, or this will get messy
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/278047-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Not a good situation I went away for about weeks visiting friends overseas My computer was fine before I left and nobody used it while I was away While I was at a friend s house I noticed he was having trouble with his pc Just out of the blue it wouldn t start properly The error messages were in another language so I don t know what happened My friend is pretty smart with pcs so by the next day he had it fixed Now with my pc I am Help! of Please Screen Death! Blue The having trouble When I turn it on I get the blue screen that says quot The Blue Screen of Death! Please Help! A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer quot Then it gives an error code and goes on to tell me to turn off the computer and start it in safe mode etc Last night I was able to finally get it online long enough to update windows and noticed that one of the updates was The Blue Screen of Death! Please Help! a tool to fix malware This leads me to believe that I might have a virus or a worm I updated all of my software and ran the scans but nothing is found Today my pc is back to not starting and instead giving me that blue screen with the error message I can t get anywhere with it I can only run it in safe mode and cannot get online with it Please help I am using Windows XP Home Office Service Pack Intel Centrino When I got online briefly last night I updated Windows and my antivirus software I ran scans last night and today with my AVG antivirus and Adaware I ran a check disk today to check and clean any hard disk errors My friend told me to try ComboFix but I cannot get online to download it nor can I load it via flash disk Thank you in advance for any help and advice you can give

A:The Blue Screen of Death! Please Help!

My computer WILL NOT RUN unless it is in SAFE MODE. I cannot load any updates or programs such as combofix or Malwarebytes from my stick because my computer won't recognize the stick. I have read some other posts looking for ideas and I see that some people are talking about finding and deleting lines in their registry. I don't know how to do that.
I have also seen that there are people looking at my thread but nobody has posted any reply. Am I missing information that is needed for people to be able to help me? I really need help. Please, my hands are tied at this point.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195451/the-blue-screen-of-death-please-help/
Relevancy 61.92%

So, I just got back from two great weeks in Egypt. Unpack my computer, it is running smoothly, check emails, play some Mass Effect 2. Then right as Commander Shepard is about to fire his blaster, I get a "blue screen of death" physical memory dump message. I thought I noticed the memory dump reading "complete," but as I was turning off the computer, I noticed it said "physical memory dump '40'". The computer shuts down. I turn it on again - "No Signal" on the monitor.

I'm not soooooooooo tech-savvy, so please help... but in simpleton terms :)

Hi -

Check the video cable to monitor, try another cable, try another monitor. The video card itself is another possibility.

Once you have video again, please follow these instructions -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-499493.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I am trying to boot from my USB hard drive instead of my internal hard drive which has Vsta. In device manager it sees my external USB hard drive and I installed XP on it first as drive C: and then I installed it in my usb case first as a master with no pins connected and then as a cable select . I selected my XP external drive on boot up it starts booting and I get the blue screen of death. I tried over ten time to freeze the screen with the errorbut it is too fast for me. Since I have two external USB drive enclosures each time I got the blue screen of deathy. Is there a way to modify the boot ini to recognize the external usb drive and boot
up XP instead of Vista which I dislike ? My hard drive as drive C: booted up normally so I know it works.
Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

My computer recently ran an automatic Chkdsk on start up I am unsure why Afterward I logged in and my sound and networking was disabled and I was getting all of these notifications about so an so death of screen Blue programs data is corrupt so I rebooted I was prompted with the chkdsk before the above and I bypassed it to log in Everything was working fine Now I am getting of blue screens every time I try to boot I've tried safe mode and the farthest I've gotten is Blue screen of death a black screen with only the cursor visible I've tried a start up repair from the installation CD to no avail My most recent BSOD A problem has been detected and windows has shutdown to prevent damage to your computer IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove Blue screen of death any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If your need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical information STOP x A x x x x c Collecting data for Crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk Physical memory dump complete I have been using my computer for about months now I've built it myself I'd have the system specs but my computer is not operational to provide them This problem has now just started to occur Any help would be appreciated

Upload your report and you will be helped

For both 7 and Vista

Dump files - Upload to Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280184-blue-screen-death.html