Windows Support Forum

memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

Q: memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 95.46%

Lately, My laptop is very slow in recognizing my usb stick, or my Hard drive (usb 3.0) or my sxs cards through my express card slot. It 's also slow in recognizing my sd-cards through my card reader. I have a very fast laptop. A lenovo W530.

I just started a while ago, and I can't get it to recognize faster . Everything else works just fine and fast.... but it takes up to 4 minutes to recognize these things.

Can somebody help?

Tx

A:Laptop slowly recognizes usb stick/sd card/xpress card slot

Hey tidri. 2 things come to mind if it previously worked. One is a reinstall of all the drivers for the mobo, and the other is a full AV/Malware/Rootkit scan. If everything checks out, a full format and an OS reinstall would be my third move.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-slowly-recognizes-usb-stick-sd-card-xpress-card-slot.199010/
Relevancy 95.46%

http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=70
Hi, I bought this about a year ago and it worked at first but as time passed sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't when I put in my memory stick to upload pictures, etc. Now I've been trying for a couple of days and whenever I insert it into the usb port the light flashes green (somestimes remains green) and the computer shows that that removable drive is there when I go to 'my computer'. But when I click on it it says "Please insert the removable drive E)" or it freezes my computer. I even tried it on a laptop and it doesn't want to open up.

A:GE Memory Stick Card Reader not working!

Hi and welcome. As with anything else, sometimes they go bad. Check to see if it's still under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ge-memory-stick-card-reader-not-working.740736/
Relevancy 91.59%

I bought a Lexcron 45 in 1 USB 2.0 card reader a while back and I used it for quite a bit. Recently I used it on my laptop with my Memory Stick Pro Duo and it worked fine.
Now I'm trying to do this on my computer but the computer is not recognizing the memory stick. The card reader does - as a green light shows.
Help me out here?

A:My external card reader works fine but my PC doesn't recognize the memory stick......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-card-reader-works-fine-but-my-pc-doesnt-recognize-the-memory-stick.701636/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi thereI have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop which runs Windows XP service pack and I use IE Please note im very much a computer novice and I thought this was the most appropraite forum for me to post for help if this is not the case please kindly avise me where I should post The please my inserted? dont when Help CD/DVD drive reader recognise inbuilt memory stick CD card or and best way Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted? I can describe the problem is I used to be able to for example insert my memory stick from my camera into my inbuilt memory card reader and the photos would automatically just pop up on the screen and I could go from there I have also tried a diffrent card with the same problem Nowdays I put the memory card in the reader and it makes a click noise and goes in ok but nothing happens On the task bar on the bottom right I get a little icon appear that says it safe to remove once card is removed icom disappears Also using the inbuilt CD DVD drive I use to be able to input a CD DVD in the drive and it would autimatically pop Windows Media Player and I was away nowdays I place a CD in the light flashes showing its doing something but nothing happens nor does Windows Media Player pop up I have tried on occasion to bring up Windows Media Player manually and on occasion through trial and error on same occasions I can get the CD DVD to play other times I just give up My question is it used to all work perfectly yet now I have these issues orginally I put it down to an older computer live with it but after using google it looks like it may be fixable This computer novice seek s your help in that area thanks in advance

A:Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

Do a System Restore, choose a date prior to this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368016/help-please-my-inbuilt-card-reader-and-cddvd-drive-dont-recognise-memory-stick-or-cd-when-inserted/
Relevancy 89.01%

HP PAVILLION dv9720us laptop
Vista
Only recogonizes scandisk 1g memory card from Cannon camera after reboot.
If I take the card out of the laptop reader it does not show when I click on computer to see whether it is in the F slot
Removed all Cannon software and re installed from disc, but no change.
Can't find sollution and would apppreciate any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-not-recogonizing-scan-disc-1gig-card-in-reader-slot.789567/
Relevancy 86.43%

Okay I did something really stupid It was late I was Memory on laptop A215-S7416 MicroSD the Express stuck Satellite slot Card Card my in in the dark and I wasn t paying attention obviously so here s what happened I had a SanDisk GB Micro SD Memory Card that I was using in my cell phone I wanted to transfer some pics amp photos from my computer to the phone so I decided to stick it in the Express Card slot of my laptop Simple enough right Well being the incredibly smart person that I am I put the micro memory card in the adapter but it was the wrong one So my computer pretty much swallowed it whole I can t MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop get it back out Now I can t use the Express Card slot in my computer AT ALL because the old one MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop is still stuck in there You can t really see it but if you try to put another adapter in there it won t quot click quot It won t go all the way because the old one I lost is still in there waiting to be rescued haha So my question is How do I get the memory card out of my computer I tried taking it apart but I couldn t get the part of where the express card slot is so that was no good There s a way to do this I know I m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own Which is probably a good thing because I might mess it up again lol I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Any help is appreciated Thanks -Ashley nbsp

A:MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-memory-card-stuck-in-the-express-card-slot-on-my-satellite-a215-s7416-laptop.795517/
Relevancy 86%

My Compaq nx7400 has a pop-out tray on the left side, with 4 slots for memory cards - I think ?! I've tried loading an SD card into the tray & pushing the tray in - but without success..... Anyone know the correct way to use this weird plastic tray thingy ?? Thanks

A:How do I use the memory card slot on my laptop ??

Hi, I have a new G72-25OUS laptop, I'm wondering how to use the slot on the left side, that says SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD? I assume its to put a SD card in from my camera to upload photos, do I just stick it in and if so, how do I get it out? I don't have a manual, didn't come with one and can't find info in the help section. Hope someone knows how to do this. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-use-the-memory-card-slot-on-my-laptop/td-p/49651
Relevancy 83.85%

it seems that the memory stick slot doesnt work anymore. in the device manager there is a yellow question mark and it says that it it not working. i would try installing the drivers but i kinda lost the recovery cd or what not. well before when i bought this, VAIO PCV-RX580, it was using Windows XP Home and now i use Professional. not sure if that makes a difference. im just wondering is there anyway i can get the memory stick slot to work again?

A:MEMORY Stick SLot???

Try updating the drivers from here, search for your memory device.
http://www.sonydigital-link.com/mems...n#ms_downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-slot-35672.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I just purchased my computer yesterday. I removed my Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo from my digital camera and was going to download them to my computer. The slot came with a Dell piece. My memory stick is too small. It did not come with an adapter and I have no idea how to get it installed. Any ideas???

A:need help with memory stick slot

It is likely that the two aren't compatible.

What model Dell do you have? The type of adapter that you need depends on what slots your Dell has.

Also - most cameras come with a USB cable. Could you use that instead?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-memory-stick-slot-531472.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi guys,

I'm working on a windows vista computer that would restart randomly and get a window exception bsod. I took out a memory module and ran memtest86 with memory in slot 1. Failed. Swapped it out with another memory stick but on the SAME slot on the motherboard. Failed.

Took that stick, put it in another slot on mobo. Passed. Took the other stick put in in that next slot, got the restarts again. Could it be that the memory slot that went bad on the mobo also caused the memory stick to go down with it?

A:Solved: bad memory stick AND slot?

Yes, that could be possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bad-memory-stick-and-slot.1011709/
Relevancy 82.13%

I m sorry this is so long but please take the time to read it all because I have already taken a LOT of steps to solve this myself I am an IT Professional and have been Memory locks Stick up unless in is Vaio slot since the s The computer I m having the problem with is mine it has always had up-to-date AV and has Automatic Updates on I check it every so often with SpyBotS amp d or MalwareBytes and it has NEVER had anything besides tracking cookies It has been on a secured wireless network out in the middle of nowhere doubt anyone would hack it with both a hardware firewall at the DSL entry point and Windows Firewall on It has never had a Memory Stick in its slot before now The only removable media I ve ever used with it is a big USB disk for backups which unfortunately has not been done Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot in about months Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot I ve never had Limewire or any other risky stuff installed on this computer I don t use FaceBook or any of the social networking I don t surf any type of risky sites Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot and I don t download anything onto this computer Its the safest computer on the planet The computer is a Sony Vaio K-series laptop probably - years old running XP Home SP and IE Here s the sequence of events as best I recall them - everything is fine I m looking up something boring like outboard motor parts Its supposed to storm tomorrow so I am going to unplug it Automatic Updates are downloaded and ready to install so I choose quot Install Updates and Shutdown quot It does its thing in a normal amount of time no indication of problems and shuts down I unplug the charger and put it away - I get the computer out plug it up push the power button It gets to the WinXP logo with the progress bar underneath The bar rotates around a couple times then sticks I wait probably minutes and nothing ever happens I notice the orange light is on beside the quot Memory Stick quot slot I boot it up in Safe Mode That works I check the logs for the Windows Updates everything appears to have went fine Check Event Viewer for some clue as to what happened nothing Check Device Manager no splats Everything looks fine Hmmm maybe a fluke try a normal reboot again Exact same result hangs at same place with orange light on beside quot Memory Stick quot slot So I boot into Safe Mode and uninstall all of the Windows Updates that have the date on them I made sure I did them in the correct order so all dependencies were resolved Tried another normal boot Nope hangs at same place with orange light on beside quot Memory Stick quot slot OK now I m scared So I go to my other PC the desktop and do some Googling of the symptoms I find one in particular a malware-infested Sony VAIO locking up with Memory Stick light on So its probably malware Since I already have the latest version of Norton AV I run a full scan on the Vaio with that Comes up clean Then MalwareBytes latest version comes up clean Then I reboot into Safe mode with Networking Then run Housecall online with Trend Micro comes up clean Just for S s amp G s I even try their New Beta scan clean Then Kaspersky s online scanner also comes up clean Then BitDefender again clean Then as a last resort I disable NOrton s real-time protection and run Combofix Combofix did not find anything I looked through its logs but have to admit I m not that good at fixing something manually I don t know how to interpret Hijack This logs I always give up before then and reformat But I have a bunch of old software that I don t know the registration keys for so I do not want to reformat At this point I kinda panicked and tried Restoring Windows to a Restore Point on That hosed my IE Windows was unable to restore back to the Restore Point that Combofix had just created - So I dinked around with it reinstalling IE and Java Finally got that working again I had read in the post about the malware-laden Vaio that his booted normally if he pu... Read more

A:Vaio locks up unless Memory Stick is in slot

Hello SunBoss

I am happy to report that I have solved the identical problem you describe involving system hang on the Windows XP splash screen and the yellow memory stick light turning on at that point. Similar to your experience I could boot in safe mode but no way to get into a normal boot. As this was a client machine on a limited budget I could not waste a lot of time and contacted the client and got authorization to do a full system restore figuring it would eliminate any software issues (conclusion based on ability to boot in safe mode it seemed reasonable?). Much to my surprise after a full factory restore from the OEM restore DVD the symptom was still there, in fact the restore could not complete because it required a full normal boot to finish the restore. So now I was really perplexed, no way it was software (given that the drive had been fully erased and reformatted), so that only leaves hardware and the memory stick module seemed the likely culprit and on a hunch I tore the bloody thing apart (keyboard, rear hinge cover, and all screws from bottom of the case) which allowed be just enough clearance to get inside and remove the ribbon cable from the memory stick module and presto the problem is resolved and unit now boots normally and I am in the process of bringing the system back up to current standards with all the updates, etc, and have already done multiple reboots with no problems. So I suspect you will find similar results once you go through the difficult task of tearing it apart as our symptoms were identical.

Trust me it has nothing to do with virus or malware activity, it is an actual hardware failure!!

Good Luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235912/vaio-locks-up-unless-memory-stick-is-in-slot/
Relevancy 81.27%

THE ISSUE Hardware issue A broken memory stick slot on the HP Pavilion n DETAILED EXPLANATION I don t know how this happened anyway but the catch on the second slot tray is broken causing one side of the installed memory stick to hang loose and not snap in or fit securely resulting in Windows not registering or recognizing that there is in fact a RAM memory stick actually in the second slot CONSEQUENCE I now have only one good RAM memory slot ACTIONS TAKEN SO FAR Purchased and installed nd RAM memory stick in the problem slot PRODUCT SPECS Memory Type DDR PC slot Pavilion broken A stick the on 753n HP memory DDR PC DDR non-ECC RESULTS Problem still exists Crucial s online scanner and the System Specs under My Computer still reads like below Memory DDR PC DDR PC Memory Type DDR PC DDR PC DDR non-ECC Maximum Memory GB Currently Installed Memory MB Total Memory Slots Available Memory Slots MB EMPTY SUGGESTED ACIONS FROM TECH SITES A Replace the mother board OR B Replace the MB stick that s in the good slot with A broken memory stick slot on the HP Pavilion 753n a GB stick THE PROBLEM A broken memory stick slot on the HP Pavilion 753n WITH B According to Crucial s com s Expert Online Tech where I bought the extra RAM this pc HP Pavilion n is too old and cannot handle a GB stick because it s basically an obsolete pc the OS operating system will be severely affected causing crashes and other instabiity if you put a GB stick of RAM in a slot therefore it is not recommended to put a GB stick in a slot MY QUESTIONS Is he right I ve received both yes and no responses so far but no definitive answer What other solutions are there What s involved in remanufacturing or replacing the board Should I contact HP to get a price quote to fix the issue THANK YOU All suggestions reviewed nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

My laptop doesnt have a memory card reader so I bought a USB memory card reader to be able to read my camera photos. I bought a standard run of the mill no brand memory card reader, it works perfectly fine on my desktop, when plugged in, the folder would run and open.

On my laptop, nothing happens (my folder autoruns for my external harddrive), and it doesnt appear in 'My Computer', I know it has been assigned g: so i run g: and I get this error message:

The file does not have a program associated with performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

I dont know what association to change or do when I'm in the control panel! I would appreciate any help! I really dont want to buy another memory card reader hyuk! Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-works-on-desktop-but-not-on-laptop.577401/
Relevancy 79.55%

Sony Vaio - Memory Stick Pro Device
Hi Guys,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop (VGN-NS20E) with a built in Memory Stick Pro reader (Magic gate)

When I insert a memory stick pro adaptor with micro sd card it locks up windows. I have tried the stick in an external reader and it works ok, It also worked on my old sony vaio.
I have also tried a friends memory stick in the magic gate reader and it reads that ok.
Does anyone know if the newer magic gate readers will read memory stick pro duo adaptors for micro sd cards. Do I need to update drivers ???
any help appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-reader.837610/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello

When I go to use the media manager Memory Stick reader on my desktop I can only put the Memory Stick in once. When I attempt to put the memory stick in a second time or a different card the cpu will not read it, the cpu with do nothing no response. Could anyone help me out there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-reader.551260/
Relevancy 78.69%

Like many boards, Gigabyte 7VAXP comes with the Winbond Smart I/O connectors (white). Where can I get a reader/writer that connects to it?

On the right hand bottom corner are the connectors for Secure digital (brown), Memory stick (White) and Smart Card Reader (black)

Thanks!

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I m running XP Home on an Alienware Area- PC I use memory sticks in both my PDA and my digital camera On an earlier PC running SE I used with no problem a small green memory stick reader USB connection --which worked fine for anything I needed -- downloading photos writing to the stick formatting When I went to the new PC it didn t work at all after numerous uninstall reinstall tries and I decided the software wouldn t work with XP So I bought a new reader writer a Dazzle also USB Failures, two Memory Stick Reader and it doesn t really work either When I click on the quot photos quot icon in Explorer it accesses the stick but clicking on the folder in which the pictures are either freezes the PC necessitating a reboot or simply closes Explorer So finally my question Is there some memory stick reader that s sure not to fail like this is there some way to tweak Explorer to fix this or Thanks nbsp

A:Memory Stick Reader Failures, two

Have you got SP1 on XP. There were some problems with the USB support on the base install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-reader-failures-two.252920/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi I have been using my Sony Memory Stick Reader MSAC-US for over a year now I had to do a quot format and recovery quot on my PC Win SE and now am trying to get all my programs reloaded and on the machine I plugged the memory stick reader into it s USB port put in the quot Driver Software quot CD for this Memory Stick Reader Writer and it appeared to go through the Wizard downloading I clicked yes to everything it said the PC had to shut down and restart I clicked yes when it restarted a little box said it was building a new driver Well once I was back on I pushed the memory stick into the reader looked in quot My Computer quot and could not find the usual little icon for the quot D quot drive that I had reader stick Memory Sony before the whole format and recovery I opened my quot Microsoft Picture It Express quot clicked on all the right things to open got to the choice of where to look for my pics and found that there was no quot D quot in the choices When I push my memory stick Sony Memory stick reader in a little quot access quot light briefly comes on and then off as it has in the past whenever I insert the memory stick Any ideas Where can I look for this driver quot D quot I really need to get this up and running and am not sharp enough to know where to begin I have tried reloading it repeatedly with no results Please please help me I really can t afford to rebuy this Thanks nbsp

A:Sony Memory stick reader

Hi, solved my own problem!! I tried right clking "My Computer">properties>Device Manager>looked down the list & found "other devices", opened and saw something with MSAC-US1, which is on my memory stick reader, doble clked, it asked if I wanted to find the best driver> yes> and kept saying yes till it was done. It works!! Wooohoooo! Hope this helps someone else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-reader.233387/
Relevancy 78.26%

All of the pictures on my digital camera got deleted. I have attached the SD card to a memory card reader and plugged into the USB port, because I hope to recover my pictures via a photo recovery software. However, my laptop is not detecting the memory card reader, although the blue light is on. When I click devices and printers, it shows up as a removable disk (drive E). Further, none of the recovery programs have detected my photos from the memory card reader. They either show drive E as having nothing on it, or don't even give drive E as a recoverable option.

How can i fix this these problems?

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14R, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit. The memory card reader is a Dynex 12 in 1.

Thank you.

Relevancy 77.83%

I just got a Sony Brand USB Memory Stick Reader and installed it on WinXP - hassle free, no drivers required.

However, when I insert a Memory Stick, no drive letter is assigned to the stick. The Drive shows up in Windows XP's Disk Management but without a Letter. If I try to assign a letter, it says I need to reboot the computer.

If I reboot, a letter will be assigned and I can read from the memory stick without a problem - BUT when I reinsert the Stick, the same thing happens! Basically I have to reboot everytime I want to read one of my memory sticks....

I don't think its supposed to work this way....

Any suggestions!??

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-memory-stick-reader-windows-xp.76955/
Relevancy 77.83%

My other computer died(it's getting fixed) so I'm borrowing my kids computer. I wanted to add my memory stick reader/writer to this computer also but I've installed the driver(s)but I can't seem to get it to work still. On my other computer I just put in my memory stick and then clicked on My Computer and picked the drive that it was found on. I don't see that on this computer.

I am running Win98SE and I'm using IE6. My digi-cam is a Sony Cybershot DCS-P72

Any ideas on how to remedy this situation?

Relevancy 76.97%

Just upgraded my computer, and ever since I got it back, it shuts down everytime I try to use the scanner or memory stick reader. Have no clue what the problem is. Any help?? I don't really know much about computers!!

A:Computer shuts down when I try to use scanner & memory stick reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-down-when-i-try-to-use-scanner-memory-stick-reader.117298/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi nbsp I just reveiced my Lenovo Thinkpad x AL AAU with SD card reader integrated nbsp I inserted an SD card standard size nbsp and the card is read properly I Unable card - extract x240 - slot Reader to SD can access all the files and I can x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card write on it nbsp The problem is that I cannot extract the card from the x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card SD card slot nbsp If I right-click on SD card in My Computer and choose eject it says that it is safe to remove the card If I select Safely remove Hardware and eject media it tells me that it is safe to remove it but the card is stuck inside nbsp I read somewhere to press the card until I hear a click but I cannot hear any click nbsp Also the card is unreachable inside the slot I cannot grab it to pull it I can only press it a little bit with the x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card nail it goes one milimiter inside but I don't hear any click nbsp I have called the technical support and they were absolutely unable to help me They did not even know how the system is supposed to work so they just suggest to send back the laptop to be repaired and have a technician nbsp retrieve my SD card from inside The first day nbsp Can anybody with knowledge about how this system works let me know if I am missing something or if my SD card reader is faulty nbsp Thank you Solved Go to Solution

A:x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card

I was able to "fix" the problem.I had to use a niddle to remove the SD card, then I checked that something metal-ish was hanging inside the SD card slot so i push it to follow its natural position and then I tried to insert the SD card again.This time I could hear the click and when pressing it the SD card jumps out properly.PS: In order to replace the SIM card I had to poke inside the SIM slot hole a small screw driver and the SIM slot pulled out.PROBLEM SOLVED

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x240-SD-Reader-slot-Unable-to-extract-card/td-p/1483978
Relevancy 74.82%

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've been trying to install a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A but every time I do, it says that it cannot find the drivers. I've attempted to download and install some versions of the drivers meant for older versions of Windows, but those didn't work either.

Is there any way to find a driver that will allow me to use a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7?

A:Drivers for Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7.

Quote: Originally Posted by Roboticon

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I've been trying to install a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A but every time I do, it says that it cannot find the drivers. I've attempted to download and install some versions of the drivers meant for older versions of Windows, but those didn't work either.

Is there any way to find a driver that will allow me to use a Sony Memory Stick Reader/Writer MSAC-US1A on Windows 7?

Welcome to the forum,

All I see is an XP Driver here,

Sony eSupport - MSAC-US1A - Software Updates & Drivers

You can try installing in Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/165801-drivers-sony-memory-stick-reader-writer-msac-us1a-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, folks:
My laptop is HP pavilion tx2000. I just found the memory card slot, fingerprint reader, and touch-screen refuse to work. I contacted HP support, I was told to reinstall the updates sent from HP. but it is useless. today I was suggested that reinstall the whole system. it is horrible, does anybody have idea to deal with these problems caused by this junk OS? Thanks in advance.

Steve

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/220046-windows-updates-detroy-fingerprint-reader-card-slot-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and run Windows XP. my memory card slot recently stopped working. I used to be able to insert my memory card from my digital camera and download my pictures and now it no longer works. It doesn't even show up under My Computer under removable storage. Please help!

A:memory card slot

Put a card in it and:

Look in Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device manager

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and see if a USB mass storage device is listed.

Also look to see no yellow ? or ! are shown, indicating missing drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-slot.533573/
Relevancy 70.95%

Where is the memory card slot on the Pavilion 550-126?  The slot on the front does not look like the right size.  Is there a way to get a diagram of the front and rear functions?

A:550-126 where is memory card slot

Hi, Very interesting. The following link shows its specs:     http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04875975 It has 7-in-1 multimedia card readerFigure : View of memory card readerSupports the following cards:Secure Digital? (SD)Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)SDXCMemory StickMemory Stick SelectMemory Stick PROMemory Stick MagicGateWith Front I/O portsUSB 3.0: 2Headphone: 1Microphone: 1and Back I/O portsFigure : Odense back I/O panelUSB 2.0: 2LAN (Ethernet)HDMI: 2USB 3.0: 2Audio: Line inAudio: Line outAudio: MicrophoneI believe it is at the front but where. What is your card ? Is it on the list above ? Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/550-126-where-is-memory-card-slot/td-p/5690390
Relevancy 70.95%

I am running Windows XP in a Compaq Presario, with CD reader and CD/DVD burner.
My question: How do I get a DVD(with photos and sound) onto a Flash Memory stick or an SD card??

A:Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Simplest method:

Insert the Disc with photos and sound (close any autorun)
Go to My Computer
Right Click on the CD/DVD drive (with your photos and sound in) and select open
Click on Edit (in Toolbar) then Select all
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select copy

Close the folder

Insert your Flash Memory stick and select Open folder to view the files
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select paste

All done Copy and paste (some say I'm good at this !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-dvd-to-memory-stick-or-memory-card.665428/
Relevancy 70.95%

Completely new to this so apologies if barking up the wrong tree .... !

Rather than buying a 32 gb memory stick to upload some important jpg pictures into for safety's sake, I'm wondering if it's possible to upload and store them in a spare and unused 32gb memory card that I've got lying around instead ? Equally if it's then possible to download them safely later on ?

Thanks

A:Possible to save to a memory card rather than a memory stick ?

Short answer is Yes. An SD card is very similar to a flash drive as far as the technology goes and can be used like an SD card for storing files. I would format it Fat32. And you can download (Copy) the files from the card at any time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366044-possible-save-memory-card-rather-than-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 70.52%

just received my new stream 11.  have barely unpacked it yet! quesition: I know that there's a slot for a memory card - I almost never use a camera, so I'm not totally familiar with that technology.   Can anyone tell me what kind of card goes with that slot?  What's the maximum capacity? thanks! w

Solved!
View Solution.

A:which card should I buy for the memory card slot on HP strea...

Yes, that will work. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/which-card-should-I-buy-for-the-memory-card-slot-on-HP/td-p/4834450
Relevancy 70.52%

I removed my memory card before ejecting it. Now my memory card slot doesn't work at all. I have done it before and got help on fixing but I can't remember how I did it. It is a readable card and I have tried several different ones so it's not a issue with card itself. The computer doesn't even see I am putting it in. Please help I do a lot of photo's and it's annoying to have find the computer plug everytime I need to get the pictures off.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Memory-card-slot-not-reading/td-p/5789311
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I just got a PSP 3000 for the holidays and I can't figure out what memory to buy with it. I heard of ScanDisk and Sony being the best and that the sizes are 1gb, 2gb, 4gb, 8gb, 16gb, and 32gb. I feel that 32 gb might be too much so looking at 8gb or 16gb. What brand is better for these 2 sizes of memory to go into a PSP 3000? Also is stick better or micro? I've seen many good priced micro cards so leaning towards it and just getting the adapter for it fit my PSP.

If it helps, would like to have space for movies, downloadable games, music, etc.

A:Which memory stick/card is best for PSP?

I have owned many brands of memory sticks for my PSP, all of them performed the same. As for size if you are wanting to deal with movies and such I would go for the biggest that will fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-memory-stick-card-is-best-for-psp.887544/
Relevancy 69.66%

My printer's memory card slot isn't recognized by my computer. I am running Vista. Can anyone help with this. I contacted the printer's tech support and they tried but said it was a Microsoft problem.

A:Memory card slot not recognized on printer

Welcome sannallett,
Sounds like a tech support answer. What is the Brand and Model of the printer?
In Device Manager under your Printer is there a notification sign?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268942-memory-card-slot-not-recognized-printer.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have installed the new windows 10 in my PC, before this i had windows 7 home premium. i have a memory card adapter in which i used to slid my micro SD card and was able to access it when i had windows 7, but when i upgraded to windows 10 and inserted the memory card reader in the slot it stopped detecting, their is no action and i am not able to access it.
Please help
System: Dell Studio 1558 2010-11 Model.

A:SD memory card/ Slot not working in Windows 10

Hi Anandani,
Dell Studio 1558 has not been tested by Dell for Windows 10 operating system you will not find drivers for it. However, please use the card reader Windows 7 driver and install it in compatibility mode.
http://dell.to/1IlNMpd
Please let me know if this works.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19646017
Relevancy 69.23%

I have tried trawling for information and search engines are too busy interpreting what I really want - really?

Basically they don't give clear answers and web designers can't spend too much time on real data because it goes out of fashion (sic) too quickly.

I run FF Portable from a 2Gb Kingston U3 (waste of time) and the remote systems I use it on do so much checking and FF does so much archiving I need something faster.

It could be a micro SD and small USB carrier or even an SDHC if it would read properly on a variety of systems. Mostly XP.

Any Ideas peeps?

I am UK based. Run XP & 2000 on PC's and Win98 SP2 most of the time (because I run websites and need to know what the lowest common denominator sees)

Relevancy 69.23%

I have tried to upload photo's from my memory stick onto my Mac laptop and it had a error stating that it 'does not recognise my card and to eject' so then I also tried to upload on my Windows PC and that gave me a message 'that I need to format disk'. Now I know that if I do this that it will delete all contents. I don't know what's happened as I just uploaded and cleared content from it a couple of days prior. Is there anything I can do? I've since placed it back into my digital camera and now my camera say's it's an un-useable card, really confused now help would be appreciated. Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb-un-useable-card.890315/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello my old laptop Acer aspire 7551g had 4gb DDR3 1333.

The new one is Lenovo G500s with DDR3 1single 1666 so i have one slot left.

So DDR3 1333 + DDR3 1666 will work or not?

The goal is to have 8gb ram so i can cheak if Watch Dogs still lag when driving (i know one stupid game not worth it?)

What i want to know is is it safe to try?

So thank you for answears.

A:Will DDR3 1666 slot work with older DDR3 1333 mem stick? (laptop)

Bump...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332813-will-ddr3-1666-slot-work-older-ddr3-1333-mem-stick-laptop.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I was told by Lenovo that one slot will accomodate 1 gig of memory, instead of using 2 half gig sticks. I was also told about something called "memory boost" as an external memory source to increase memory. has anyone heard of this? I want to run PhotoshopCS and need 1 GIG of memory and don't want to get new motherboard(the machine is long out of warantee). can anyone help on this issue?
thanks, JeffB

A:Bad Memory Slot in IBM T30 Laptop

"readyboost" is a feature only available for Vista, where it can use a USB memory stick as an alternative to paging back to the hard drive, it's not really in place of RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-memory-slot-in-ibm-t30-laptop.635364/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Toshiba A S running Windows Vista Home Basic the max memory upgrade is X GB which I purchased via no card 2nd memory recongnition Toshiba A135 slot, newegg com and installed When I turned it on black screen and no boot up Basically it will only reconize one GB of memory doesn t Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition matter what slot as long as it is only one I tested both memory chips both work in the computer and in either card slot just not both chips in both card slots What Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition the heck Even stumped the Geek Squad guy at Best Buy he seemed to think it the mother board issue It runs much better on the GB then it did with the MB cha Computer Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition should be able to run both GB card in each slot and reconize about to of the memory if it would run both cards at the same time I did upgrade the BIOS from to as most of the blogs suggested-still won t recognize the nd GB card nbsp

A:Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition

cant find your lappy on toshiba site , same thing happened with me and was the bios update i needed so re check its the correct update
have you tried 1x2gb and 1x what you took out??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-a135-2nd-card-slot-no-memory-recongnition.939718/
Relevancy 68.8%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)
I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:110-151BR - Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Bran...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/110-151BR-Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 68.8%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

A:Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Brand New Comput...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 68.37%

I have this problem for a few days now, i tried searching on other topics but didn't find exactly my issue.

When i connect the first USB Stick (1 GB Kingston) everything it's ok, it shows up in Explorer, but when i try to connect the other one (i have two) it wont show up, but i can access it if i just type the drive letter in the address bar (J:\).
Also if i try to connect my phone as a USB device or any other memory stick, same problem...not showing up in Computer window.
I can see just 1 device (I:\), all the others are not there !

Help ?!

A:USB Stick & Memory Card Not Showing in My Computer !

Quote: Originally Posted by maranello

I have this problem for a few days now, i tried searching on other topics but didn't find exactly my issue.

When i connect the first USB Stick (1 GB Kingston) everything it's ok, it shows up in Explorer, but when i try to connect the other one (i have two) it wont show up, but i can access it if i just type the drive letter in the address bar (J:\).
Also if i try to connect my phone as a USB device or any other memory stick, same problem...not showing up in Computer window.
I can see just 1 device (I:\), all the others are not there !

Help ?!

Have you tried to use System Restore to go back before this issue occured...

If you can't then do a repair install

Repair Install

Backup your data first to be safe

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/38754-usb-stick-memory-card-not-showing-my-computer.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
(I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick

A:SanDisk memory stick card problem!!

Only one post per topic....or maybe it was a accident.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sandisk-memory-stick-card-problem.516261/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!

I've got a problem with my SanDisk Memory Stick Duo magic gate 128mb memory card, for my Sony Ericsson S700i cellphone...
(I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, but i'll still post it here, cuz you guys are the best help a man can get XD)

It all began when i was dumb enough to remove the memory stick while my phone was turned on. The next time I tried to access the files on the memory stick through my cellphone, they were not there! I started the camera function and it said "memory stick not formatted". So now i can't use my memory stick anymore PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 67.94%

I have aLexmark memory card reader that I use with my memomry cards for my digital cameras. I just bought a new M 1G FujiFilm xD card. It said on the package that it is compatible with most cameras, and I didn't give it much thought since I have a Fuji camera.

Well, today I put the card in the reader and it won't read the card. Is there a way to chance properties of the reader so it can read it, or do I need a newer memory card reader because of the new "M" thing? If I need a new one, does anyone have any suggestions on which readers work with the newer cards? Thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

I have an HPa1612n running media center 2005 and it wont pick up my memory card from the 9 in 1 reader that is part of the pc. It worked fine last night. any ideas?

Relevancy 67.94%

I was wondering as I've got spare slot Mini PCI-Express free on my laptop if such Intel Card ITM could fit inside This technology is quite not expensive actually The mini PCI-E Memory slot on Intel? PCI-Express Mini Turbo Card is very ease to access under Intel? Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot my keyboard and it just have to be inserted and at system reboot Intel? Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot Windows will recognize straight that card and the proper Intel Turbo drivers It does act like quot Windows ReadyBoost quot amp quot Windows ReadyDrive quot under and Vista so the system will load faster boost the disk cache load faster Apps amp perform battery improvement Work on quot Mobile Intel Express Chipset familly quot amp quot Mobile Intel Express Chip Familly quot - gb RD RB no software pinning - gb RD RB no software pinning - gb RD no RB software pinning Any experience in return or it is just like inserting a SD Card in the Card Reader to Ready Boost See also this Post http www sevenforums com general-d robson-pe html EDIT Looks some of you threads seems telling not bothering about gimmick stuff for geek guy That's just annoy me having spare mini Pci-e slot as i won't install an expensive G card I don't need it either

A:Intel« Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot

Quote: Originally Posted by NoN

I was wondering as I've got 2 spare slot Mini PCI-Express free on my laptop, if such Intel Card (ITM) could fit inside...This technology is quite not expensive actually.

The mini PCI-E is very ease to access under my keyboard and it just have to be inserted, and at system reboot, Windows7 will recognize straight that card and the proper Intel Turbo drivers.

It does act like "Windows ReadyBoost" & "Windows ReadyDrive" under 7 and Vista...so the system will load faster....boost the disk cache, load faster Apps & perform battery improvement.

Work on "Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset familly" & "Mobile Intel 4 Express Chip Familly".

-1 gb (RD, RB, no software pinning),
-2gb (RD, RB, no software pinning),
-4gb (RD, no RB, software pinning).

Any experience in return? or it is just like inserting a SD Card in the Card Reader to Ready Boost?

See also this Post:
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...robson-pe.html

EDIT:
Looks some of you (threads) seems telling not bothering about...gimmick stuff for geek guy!?!

That's just annoy me having spare mini Pci-e slot, as i won't install an expensive 3G card (I don't need it either!)

With 4 gigs of ram any sort of boost program isnt going to help much since it wont often be used.

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/86716-intel-turbo-memory-card-mini-pci-express-slot.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So in February I ordered my kid an inspiron as first computer Later slot, card 11- per supposed have memory tag it it doesnt service is to inspiron but I decided to upgrade inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt the memory and I called Dell and provided my service Tag Dell told me it had a GB memory card and I could upgrade to a GB card I ordered the card and disassembled my computer to find there is no slot to upgrade After an hour on the phone inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt I find out inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt that what I am looking at is one with a fixed memory module I told them that per my service tag it is supposed to have a slot and be upgradeable They told me there is nothing they can do So I say how bout you exchange this for one that has what I ordered They say since its over the days there is no way to return or exchange I said even though its your fault Am I being unreasonable All I want is what I ordered After a few more calls to India One person finally tells me there is a first and second generation of this laptop Ist gen has the fixed and the second has the replaceable So I tell them that per nbsp Dell tag nbsp this is supposed to be nd generation and therefor it was built wrong They again say quot we have a day no Hassel return quot and your over that Any suggestions folks I m sick of beating my head against the wall with these people

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992563
Relevancy 67.51%

OK i have this problem, i insert my memery card reader or USB stick and then up pops WMP device setup (see "Attach Files")

i then click "cancel" and my usb is shut down, or if i dont click cancel it automatically shuts down after 10 - 20 secs.

i have manually set all the autoplay options in the control panel to "take no action" but this has not made any difference.

can someone please help as these auto crash your hardware add-on's from microsoft are really starting to bug me. please give me back control of my system as you do not know best ffs!

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I have a new hp pavilion zx5060us with winxp. I inserted a texas instruments untramedia memory stick pro. the lights flashed and windows attempted to install it, i got a message saying the driver was not compatable with the platform??? (see attached jpeg) do I need a driver? I can't find it anywhere. I checked winupdate, and HP. I tried to reinstall it, and no luck. help

Relevancy 67.08%

I have been using a memory stick adapter to download my photos from my camera for years and recently it has not worked. Firstly the Camera and Scanner Wizard stopped popping up and now I cannot see the drive in My Computer.

I recently tried to install a new driver as recommended on the HP website and for some reason this does not seem to work. When I go in the device manager there is an exclamation mark next to the driver.

Can anyone please help? All I have succeed in doing is wiping the photos off the memory stick. This is very upsetting.

Thank you.

Compaq Presario V4000
Windows XP

A:Laptop not recognising memory stick.

try right clicking on the driver in device manager, then select properties, drivers, try roll back driver.
another thing that might work is to do a system restore to a date before the problem started.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-recognising-memory-stick.725479/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

I want to install another stick of memory to my friends laptop. I have done this on a desktop pc, but never a laptop, and I do not even know how to find out where the stick is to go, or how I am supposed to get the laptop open to find where it goes. I need some help. Can anyone direct me? Thanks much!

A:help installing memory stick to laptop.?

It is usually located near the laptop battery with a lid with a screw in it.

You can find the right memory for your laptop from crucial.com.

If you download the enterprise version of Aida32, you can find out what kind of RAM and how much is currently installed in your computer.

If you order the memory from Crucial, they usually give you very good instructions as to how to install the memory (I've done it myself).

Just make sure you're using an antistatic wrist strap when doing so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-memory-stick-to-laptop.191477/
Relevancy 67.08%

After having my HP Pavillion Notebook repaired and paying quite a lot for the job, I tried to load a saved Image with Macrium Software the maxchine crashed. I bought Windows 7 , Home Premium . but it does not load. I need to format the HD,, without having to remove from the notebook. Is there a way to bring the unit up via a USB Memory Stick so I can format the HD?
The notebook came originally with Vista Home Premium .

A:How Can I Format My Laptop HD via UDB Memory Stick

How old is this computer.....what was the original OS?

Did you purchase a Windows 7 CD....if so, and the CD-ROM and HD, among other things, are usable then the Win7 CD will format the HD.

What repairs did you have done? What problem needed correcting?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520551/how-can-i-format-my-laptop-hd-via-udb-memory-stick/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi do all digital camera memory cards fit into any card reader? the card that came with my digital camera is by patriot brand and i don't know a lot about this yet so i don't know if it will be compatible with various readers (or, does "size" matter? this one is 256mb storage). thanks for any enlightenment anyone is kind enough to share princi*

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I have a IQ 524 Touchsmart all in one. It came with Windows XP and I've upgraded to windows 7 Professional from my tech guy. My memory card reader is not working. Could someone please help me with this.Thanking you in advance 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/memory-card-reader/td-p/5634058
Relevancy 66.65%

hi guys

slight problem i hope you can help me with

ive got a pc running windows 7 it came with a memory card reader built in, all worked fine for months.

ive just put my sd card into the slot and nothing happens.... ive tried connecting the camera via a usb lead and still no joy, it does need even show up in my computer.

the only thing ive done recently is installed itunes and had a iphone attached to the pc.... would these cause this problem??

any help would be great really need to upload some pics asap

thanks

A:memory card reader

have you got a slot on your printer you can try.? not much help im afraid but when i recently had an issue with my camera and pc i found my printer read the card and would upload to pc . just a thought!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/88683-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Gateway laptop that was changed from windows xp to windows Vista. Before the change, I could take the memory card out of my camera and put it in the slot on my laptop and download pictures. After changing to Vista, I put the memory card in the slot and nothing happens. Ive tried everything I know, nothing helps. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:memory card reader

Hello paul freshour,
Could you give us some system specs, and tell us what you have tried so far, so we don't go over old ground, thanks.
Also, is it showing up in Device Manager ?, does it need specific drivers ?.
Let us know and we will try to help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268636-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a GatewaY notebook and since upgrading to Vista the memory card reader doesn't function. It will not show up as a drive when an SD card is inserted. Any ideas on fixing this?
Thanks,
Roger
[email protected]

A:Memory Card Reader

I have a GatewaY notebook and since upgrading to Vista the memory card reader doesn't function. It will not show up as a drive when an SD card is inserted. Any ideas on fixing this? Thanks,[email protected] need the model number of your pc it probably just needs a updated driver but without your model number i wont beable to find it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101018/memory-card-reader/
Relevancy 66.65%

My memory card reader dpc-r1 for some reason now won't read any smart media cards can anyone help please. Found the problem, the reader won't work through a usb extention but I dont know why.

A:Memory card reader

I found a discussion on this card reader, maybe it will help you.

Card Reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader.285712/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work?  Thanks in advance for any answers. 

A:SIM Card slot in my laptop - what's it for?

The SIM card from a phone probably wouldn't work in the SIM slot. The SIM slot is for WWAN (mobile broadband) such as you used to see for USB 3G modems. Phones are typically provisioned differently with different options on the provider side which could prevent a phone SIM card from working properly in the SIM slot.The following document discussing the WWAN function of the notebook. You will need to contact a provider and activate the service to get a SIM card for it. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?prodSeriesId=3688868&objectID=c0108652...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/SIM-Card-slot-in-my-laptop-what-s-it-for/td-p/2693725
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

My laptop will not allow me to save to or open files on a memory stick or my daughters ipod.

when i put the memory stick in (usb) a message appears saying that hardware is detected but needs to be installed using the original disc or windows can search for it online.

I dont have the original disc and windows can never find what it is looking for.

I run with XP and IE.

any ideas?

I have tried using all 3 usb ports with the same outcome.

A:Laptop not recognising memory stick or ipod

You need to provide the USB device name otherwise we be unable to point u in the right direction for the device driver that you may need to load before OS reconise the USB device.

Regards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-recognising-memory-stick-or-ipod.928159/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I have 3 USB ports on my new Toshibal laptop running on W8.

It will not recognise any memory stick in any port even tho; the stick will read on my desktop running on XP.

Any help appreciated.

Reggie D

Relevancy 66.22%

I formatted my 2GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo yesterday on my laptop following this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3APAfxyqA1I

Of course whenever I do something, it goes wrong.

After that, when I insert the reader into my laptop, My Computer gets the "Not Responding" bar. I can't do it on my PSP because its bricked and I want to fix it. So am I screwed basically? There has to be a way to completely wipe off everything, or reset it somehow. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-recognize-memory-stick-after-format-305883.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently installed Windows 8.1 on my HP Pavilion p6130y desktop PC. Everything works great except Windows can't find and install the 15-in-1 memory card reader device. I know the device is connected to the mother board because the light in the card reader comes on when I insert a memory card, but nothing shows up Windows Explorer. Also, I can't find a driver specifically for the card reader on HP's website. Please help, and Thanks!

A:Need Driver for 15-in-1 memory card reader

Welcome to the forum dle1964. Does it show up in device manager with a yellow triangle? If so let it search on line for a driver. If not, going to be a bit harder. Do you know the manufacturer name of the card reader? If yes, see if there are drivers at their site.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/46785-need-driver-15-1-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Memory card reader and on the windows explorer it shows all the card slots as drives.

Is it possible for it to only show the slot that has media in (dare I say, like a mac)?

The same with my optical drives, is it possible to 'hide' them only showing when they have mounted a an item of optical media?

Or is this just pipe dreams, and only the preserve of unix based systems?

A:Memory card reader question

Folder Options

Drives - Hide or Show Empty Drives in Computer Folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/20158-memory-card-reader-question.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i am using windows 8 i have a driver missing for my memory card reader RT55139/ i am using a lenovo laptop Ive tried updating my driver through updates but it says driver cant be found. does it matter if i don't update this driver and if it is important to be updated where can i find the updates would i have to pay to get the update done or can i find them free

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38874-driver-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,
I have a memory stick pro duo and someone stuck it in my computers card reader slot without using the adapter thingy to make it fit! :dead: (see example here)

The card has slid all the way to the back of the reader. I did try using a tweezer like most people used to solve their problem, but i bought 3 different sized tweezers and they don't fit because the card has went above the rail that you slide it in.
Any ideas on how to remove it?

If you don't understand what i mean, i can take a picture and attach it. Just ask.

Thank you

A:Memory card stuck in reader

Take the picture, but you might have to get some micro tools to take this out. Let me see how close you can take a micro image of what you have to work with...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-stuck-in-reader.85264/
Relevancy 66.22%

By error, I installed a Fujifilm Memory Card Reader two times. This means that in My Computer I have 2 Removal Disks drives, one in F and one in G.
How do I remove one of them?

A:Installed Memory Card reader twice

Well, if the driver has an entry in Install/Remove Programs in control panel, uninstall all of them and start over. If not, uninstall all instances of it in Device Manager, reboot to make sure they're gone, and then install one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-memory-card-reader-twice.356286/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am planning on buying an external memory card reader/writer with hub. Should card readers generally be compliant with all three host controller interfaces--open, universal and enhanced? If not, would a computer compliant with only a universal controller work with a reader having one or other two interfaces--OHCI and EHCI? My computer has the universal controller.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-writer.710454/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Fujifilm 3800 camera and a DPC-R1 card reader, also made my fujifilm.
The camera has a 128 MB card in it. I successfully installed the card reader and it shows in Device manager. I install the mem card and click on the drive, but am prompted to insert the disk. The card is good since it shows all the pics I took this weekend but I can't get the reader to recognize the card.

Im running XP Pro SP2 and am not aware of a more recent driver for the reader since a websearch turned up nothing.

Any ideas on this problem? I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no results.

Thanks in advance.

A:Memory card reader problems

Have a look on Google.

Many users also report that this card will not work with XP, even though Fuji state that it does.

Some do report it works OK, so its probably conflicting with something on some systems - but what...?.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-problems.478693/
Relevancy 66.22%

hey guys, trying to make a SD card be read on the PC it is built into the computer, and when plugged in the light goes red, indicating of course, that something is in there, however no option shows up to change files, we have tried with the lock switch, both ways...and still no luck, it also DOES NOT show up under computer, the pc is running windows 7 home premium.

A:memory card reader issue

From a Microsoft Answers thread:

Quote:
1. Check if the device is getting detected in device manager. Follow the steps to go to device manager
i. Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
ii. Search for the name of the device

If the device is not getting detected in device manager, then check if it is hidden device.
i. Click show hidden devices under View
ii. expand all the nods under device manager
iii. There would be many grayed out entries in device manager uninstall all the grayed out entries under all the nods and then restart the computer and plug the external device to the computer and check if it works

2. Install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and even make sure the driver is compatible with the version of operating system installed on your computer. check if it works
Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Install the driver in Compatibility mode: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

3. Check with any other another SD card if it is getting recognized or detected or you may even check if the same SD card is getting recognized or detected on other computer

Thanks and Regards:
Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support

Source

Also:

A Secure Digital (SD) card may not be recognized on a Windows 7 based computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/246475-memory-card-reader-issue.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell Inspiron had it for over a year I am always using the memory card slot to import my pictures I use a Gb SD card never even once had a problem Then I didn t use the slot for at least days started up my computer and the quot Safely Remove Hardware quot green guy is up! MESSED Memory Card Reader thing was in the bottom which was wierd because NOTHING was plugged into my computer Not even my power cord was plugged in When I opened it to see what it was I saw quot Ricoh Memory Stick Disk Device quot Not knowing what it was as I ve NEVER seen Ricoh anywhere on my computer after research found out it was the actual reader but I had never seen it before So I stopped this and inserted my card just like normal Normally the Auto Play comes up with CANNON at the top and it just imports my photos and such But when I inserted it this time the green thingy popped up again but Memory Card Reader is MESSED up! no auto play Okay so I can handle this so I went to My Computer and was just open it through Explorer But instead of it saying CANNON it says quot xD-Picture Card F quot So I tried to open it and it says quot Please insert a disc into xD-Picture Card quot and it wont open my pictures I ve tried putting the card into another computer and everything is peachy So as soon as I open the stop hardware thing it says quot Ricoh xD-Picture Card Disk Device quot Well never seen that before either So when I stopped it and removed my card the first one immediately popped back up again Not that the green icon is annoying but it has NEVER been up before unless something was plugged in I ve tried a system restore to a previous date two to be exact tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers disabling and enabling them from the device manager I m just SOO at a loss here as to why all of a sudden is Ricoh showing up on my computer and not letting me read my card I even tried to reformat the card and still no luck PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME Thanks sorry so long nbsp

A:Memory Card Reader is MESSED up!

Somone please help me...I'm so at a loss! It is driving me crazy because I need some pictures on this computer. PLEASE! Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-is-messed-up.768429/
Relevancy 66.22%

I just put together a new system today with Core 2 Duo & Win 7 pro 64 bit and it is running great but for one small glitch. I put in a cheap 58-in-one (SD, MMC, etc) Vantec internal memory card reader and turns out it isn't compatible. Does anyone know of a specific brand and model that will work with 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-win-7-internal-memory-card-reader-454977.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey there! I've got a kodak 6 in 1 memory card reader. It's worked fine for a while now. About a week ago we dumped the hard drive, just due to a ton of viruses, etc...So that was said and done, and I re-installed the software for the reader. Before I just had to put my memory stick in and a windows prompt would pop up asking what I wanted to do...This time it didn't. I went to the drivers properties and changed it to prompt when I put it in, and it still didn't. I think I know how to get the pictures the other way, because I can access them...But does anyone know what I can do to get the windows prompt to pop up?

By the way, I'm running xp

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Gateway ML6732 running Windows Vista and recently my memory card reader won't recognize anything. It used to work beautifully, and I don't know what's wrong with it now. Does anybody know what drivers would be associated with it? I've checked my device manager and I have a yellow exclamation mark next to my SCSI/RAID Host Controller. I don't know if that has anything to do with my memory card reader, but I can't find an update anywhere. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Memory Card Reader Not Working?

Right click the yellow exclamation mark and update your drivers if the device manager is unable to update drivers which is not often . Then you can go to your own computers website and download all drivers needed put in make,model number and operating system of your computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-not-working.878850/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a HP Pavilion DV6 Notebook PC , widows 10 .
My memory card reader isn't working. How should I check what the problem is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-not-working.1170327/
Relevancy 66.22%

hello,

I did a search (both here and google) for finding this problem but came up overwhelmed and empty. Too many key works I think.

I have an HP laptop dv 9000 series running vista home premium. At one point, about 6 months ago my 5 in 1 memory card reader recognized and would allow me to access my Sony Memory Stick PRO Duo 2GB, 4GB Mark2, and 8GB Mark2 memory cards via a Memory Stick Duo Adapter (MSAC-M2). Now when I try the same method, my computer won't even acknowledge that the card is in the reader. I have checked the HP website and my drivers are up to date. Furthermore, my memory card reader will recognize my SanDisk 2GB, and 4GB SDHC cards just fine.

I get no error message, and even checking in device manager I can't seem to find the sony mem stick at all, even as an unkown device.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-in-1-memory-card-reader-pro-duo-absent.798490/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P, it has memory card input on the front..SD/MMC, CF, etc. Time to time they don't work, as in, I put the card in and nothing shows up on XP, and it doesn't show up on My Computer. Now, it's not working at all, it won't read my SD card or my CF card.

Are there any solutions?

Thanks

A:Memory Card reader not working

Any feedback...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-not-working.527438/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I want to use the memory card reader on the HP D printer This printer is on a local network shared with a Desktop and a Laptop Printing works OK from either card reader Map HP D7260 memory computer The drivers are up to date I can view the pictures on the memory card but when I try to save to the computer I get an error quot Not set up you need to install device software quot I posted to the HP forums and I was advised to map the shared PC to the shared Printer HP is having a hour quot Experts Day quot and I did get one response The mapping they suggested did not Map HP D7260 memory card reader work for me It was to map lt sharedcomputername gt lt sharedprintername gt I verified the following names with NET VIEW FRANKSPC I used this mapping to letter J FRANKSPC HP Photosmart D series BT - - The mapping program finds FRANKSPC but it cannot find HP Photosmart D series BT - - which is the Map HP D7260 memory card reader shared printer name displayed by NET VIEW Any Suggestions Thanks Frank C

A:Map HP D7260 memory card reader

Hi,
I think that I have made some progress!
Using this path for mapping a device
\\FRANKSPC\HP Photosmart D7200 series BT 12-8-08\Memory_Card
I no longer get
J is not accessible. The system cannot find the drive specified"
Now I get
"The specified network resource or device is no longer available"

When I use I.E to show I P \\192.168.1.115 (the printer I P) I do see a folder for
memory_card (\\192.168.1.115).
Properties > Network tab > Workgroup shows MSHOME

At Control panel > System > Computer name, domain and workgroup setting
Workgroup is = to WORKGROUP.
Is this mismatch in workgroup name causing my problem?
Frank C

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298043-map-hp-d7260-memory-card-reader.html
Relevancy 66.22%

dear sir,

right after I installed sandisk imagemate usb mem card reader the ff problem has occured... please let me know how to fix this cause I have no way of knowing where to start...

its says ....

system file warning:

the following system files has been replaced with older version by a program you recently ran. some window functionality may not run correctly eith this files installed.

please restore this files by running windows setup located on your original window disk to verify your current installation ...

c:\windows\system\winASPI.dll
I really cant understand where to begin and what it means so
please explain in details ... about my pc ,

intell III 550 mhz 256ram win98se msoffice200....
thank you guys in advance I really appreciate your help...

A:help : memory card reader installation

Try this:

Start button, run, then type sfc and hit ok....

Choose extract one file from installation disk and type that file name....winaspi.dll

you'll then need your windows installation cd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-memory-card-reader-installation.50920/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys, so I upgrade to Windows 7 on my HP DV9000t (with intel core 2 duo t5600 processor) laptop recently from XP Media Center Edition. Now, my built-in memory card reader won't work. Does anyone know where I can find the driver for it? or what the issue might be?!

Thanks guys

-Matt

A:HELP Memory Card Reader Not Working

Hello,

Try this driver: Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader Driver HP Pavilion dv9000t CTO Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Good luck!
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/62408-help-memory-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hey everybody .. i have a sony vaio fw21e .I have 2 slots for cards.. 1 for sd cards , and another for magic gate cards from sony .. the sd card works perfectly ..but the magic gate doesnt work . i downloaded from vaio support some drivers .. but i don t have any clue how to install .. there 4 files .(.inf ) (.dll) ,(.sys) and (.dll) no.. executable .. how do i suppose do install these files.. i m using windows 7 ultimate .. 64 bit . .thx

A:memory card reader problem

Quote: Originally Posted by santiago89

hey everybody .. i have a sony vaio fw21e .I have 2 slots for cards.. 1 for sd cards , and another for magic gate cards from sony .. the sd card works perfectly ..but the magic gate doesnt work . i downloaded from vaio support some drivers .. but i don t have any clue how to install .. there 4 files .(.inf ) (.dll) ,(.sys) and (.dll) no.. executable .. how do i suppose do install these files.. i m using windows 7 ultimate .. 64 bit . .thx

Hi and welcome

to install drivers with inf files you need to go into search and type device manager. go to the card reader tab find the magic gate device. right click the file>properties>drivers>update driver> point to where the inf and other files are being stored

Let us know if this doesnt help

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37956-memory-card-reader-problem.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1505 running Windows XP sp3. Machine is equipped with a 6 in 1 memory card reader. Recently, the device has required a restart of the machine after the media is inserted before the machine will recognize the media. Now it seems even this extra step has stopped working.

I have looked in the device manager, but am not certain which device is my card reader. I'm thinking a driver update is needed, but would appreciate any other suggestions.
Scott

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fussy-memory-card-reader.835347/
Relevancy 66.22%

Does anyone know if a new memory card sandisk or a reader memory or with card new new virus? new iomega memory card reader writer can new memory card or new reader with virus? come with a virus Or possible a virus put on the memory card from a new digital camera The memory card card reader via usb and camera have never been connected to another computer but my own My system is working fine but I cant figure out for sure how a new folder with zip files suddenly turned up on my desktop I did not unzip the files and KIS did not detect any virus I quarantined the folder but not sure if I should plug the memory card reader into other computers I own or continue to use the memory card I did print some new memory card or new reader with virus? pictures off the memory card using windows picture wizard OR is it possible a coincidence that same day I plugged in new memory card reader writer I picked up a virus from the internet OS is win xp Also can KIS detect a virus if it is in a zipped file thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-memory-card-or-new-reader-with-virus.918185/
Relevancy 66.22%

I Have a Compaq SR1420NX PC Runnning Windows XP. My Memory card reader died, and it needs to be replaced. i Ordered a replacement one from Compaq, and there is a screw go get to after taking off the front panel and the case, and i can NOT get to it. how would i get the card reader out of the system?

A:Compaq Memory Card Reader

Hi!!

I just looked on the HP website and here is a link to the Upgrade and Service Manual for this system. It shows you how to remove all the components, face plates and everything!

You will want to download the “Upgrading and Servicing Guide”, the 6th one down from the top!

Here is the link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=us&docname=c00303967&dlc=en&product=457247&

It’s actually a really simple task!!!

Thanks…

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-memory-card-reader.587667/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have no idea when this stopped working, but i noticed it yesterday when i went to use it.
The device manager detects a 'unknown device' in the USB controllers list and gives this report 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'

A:50-In-1 Memory Card Reader Not Working

The first thing I'd try is updating that particular driver. If no help, I'd delete the driver and let windows discover the device again.

Try this fixit link as well:

Tips for fixing common driver problems

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/135209-50-1-memory-card-reader-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I have problem with SD card reader. When I connect card nothing happens for few minutes, then icon appears, but can not be accesed.
I tried reinstalling driver and Live CD Linux, but it's still the same.

A:E7440 Memory Card Reader

Hi, 
I have the same problem, I think it might be BIOS problem. I noticed this problem few days after BIOS update but I'm not sure that update caused problem. My current BIOS is A17.
Update: A18 version fixes problem :)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19963177
Relevancy 66.22%

I am using Windows 8.1
I have found, in my "Maintenance" part of my Control Panel, a message has appeared, informing me that
a Driver, for my Memory Card Reader Driver, is available. When i view the message, the solution for this, is not available. When i go to, "Devices and Printer`s" on my computer, it shows me my computer, but it has a yellow
triangle, with like a black line running down the center of it. At the bottom of that page, where it says, "Status",
it says "Driver is not available".
Can anyone tell me what is going on, and how do i remedy this.
Thank you.

A:Memory Card Reader Driver.

Check if you've received this card reader with an optical media (contains driver that needed to installed first on your computer). Try installing the driver first before connecting the card reader. Once the drive is installed, restart your PC and connect the reader back again.

Good luck!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-driver.1153958/
Relevancy 66.22%

Memory Card Reader connected via any USB port on my PC running on 32-bit Windows 7 appears as an USB Device in "Device Manager" and as an ICON in "Devices & Printers" but does NOT appear in "My Computer" or "Disk Management" with an assigned driver letter! As such I am not able to access the Card Reader.

I have tried various solutions to similar problems reported by others in this Forum as also other Forums, such as technologynext, social.technet.microsoft etc. but none worked for me!

Can someone please offer me a workable solution? Thanks!