Windows Support Forum

Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games

Q: Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games

i recently put a computer together heres the specs Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB during GT Freezes 8500 Nvidia games RAM Hard Drive GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Plug Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games and Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games Play Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games Monitor Sound Card Realtek HD Audio output Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr w max Power Supply ok so i just got it finished and everything works fine but when i try to play example Half life it plays for about minute then the screen locks up and the texture quality drops and little squares of every color like pop up everywhere the pattern and colors are different everytime i try it as is the time it takes to do it then i have to restart the computer through the tower All my drivers are up to date and when it does it my temperature gauge on the front of my tower doesnt increase or anything strange i honestly dont know what it is im just assuming its the graphics card because of the way the screens colors appear when it freezes PLEASE HELP ME thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.38%

O Here's my nbsp dillema nbsp nbsp My HP NVIDIA card HP p n - rev M in my HP Model f Windows Ultimate machine failed nbsp nbsp I replaced it with an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT card p n - asus p n C H that came from a spare HP Replaced HP 8500... NVIDIA failed NVIDIA ASUS card GeForce with Pavillion Model a y Vista machine I had on hand nbsp The initial VID Graphics card failure and susequent replacement caused much havock with Windows and some other stuff ie not booting loading Windows etc and after Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... much effort I was able to get everything loading amp working reasonable well again nbsp nbsp But the problem I'm still nbsp having is with the old drivers removing them and all their remnants and loading the new drivers for the ASUS NVIDIA card that is now in my machine nbsp I've tried normal uninstalls nbsp as well as nbsp the GURU D com DDU Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... uninstall nbsp I think and it appeares that all the old NVIDIA drvers and other software has been uninstalled Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... nbsp because I can not find any of it in the normal locations nbsp nbsp But I am still unable to install the NVIDIA GT drivers for the ASUS card from the NVIDIA site or even the NVIDIA drivers software updates that Windows Update has detected and suggested in Windows updates nbsp The insalls start out fine but soon fail to complete nbsp Evidently I and my brother who was in my machine remotely for a good hours because he is an IT Computer tech and is ten times more knowledgable than I on this are missing something very obscure or embarassingly simple in nbsp our efforts to solve this nbsp nbsp Someone please tell us where we are going wrong nbsp nbsp Thanks

A:Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500...

Mermiatwd, welcome to the forum. I suggest that you try Revo Uninstaller free version to see if it solves you problem.  I use the Advanced option.  It removes the program from the HDD and the remnants from the BIOS.  I have used it for years with great success with removing those difficult to remove programs. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Replaced-failed-HP-NVIDIA-card-with-ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce/td-p/5554604
Relevancy 64.93%

What is the Nvidia 8500, 8600 comparative too? Are they better than an 7900, 7950?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-8500.610080/
Relevancy 64.93%

i just went from a 7300 GT to a 8500 GT what can i run now?
I alos have a ACER 22" Lcd Monitor.
im on a AMD Athlon 64 single channel, mobo.
FBS is 1600, ram is 400 fbs.
mobo is gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GA-K8N51GMF-RH.
HDD i have 4 of them.
1.320gb vista home premium.
2.250gb Win XP Pro.
3&4sata raid spanning 400gb & 160gb =980GBs.
dual dvd-rw drives\w lightscribe.
id like to post a pic if i can.
thanks for leting me post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt.81650/
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently had an 7800 GT and after two years of use it had a **** load of artifacts and i needed a new graphics card. I got a new graphics card and now in a couple of weeks it started to get artifacts as well. Well guys what else do you think may cause this problem? Dust? PCI-E slot? please help me out

I took pictures of my artifacts they're like the exact same as last time

A:Nvidia 8500 GT- artifacts

May sound stupid but do you have the latest drivers installed. Makes a huge difference sometimes.

Some games no matter how hard you try just don't like a PC. Take Shellshock Nam67 for example.... its always looked like you pics. On my old PC or my new one. whatever GPU - so try a different game?

Chec its the GPU is not overheating using nTune - (search on google)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-artifacts.83108/
Relevancy 64.07%

my gaming card has stopped working i don't know if it has crashed but my monitor does not turn on when i connect it to it. Can i get it fixed somewhere or do i have to buy a new one?

A:My Nvidia 8500 gt 512 ain't workin

i am living in pakistan, rawalpindi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-nvidia-8500-gt-512-aint-workin.137312/
Relevancy 64.07%

Guys for some reason when i had my 7800 GT it was an awesome graphics card and it was really amazing and it blows my 8500 into the dust. I really dont know why i mean cause the 7800 GT is old now and it was pretty expensive but still runs games pretty good, but my 8500 runs a game pretty decent but not was well as my 7800 did. Guys can someone please help me out and explain to me the difference between the two and why one is better and one is not. I'm considering returning it and waiting for a better graphics card than the 8800 Ultra.

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT

In addition...

When is the best time to buy a PC. By time i mean when new parts come out in a certain month and when prices are low

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8500-gt.82761/
Relevancy 63.21%

What is the normal running voltage for the Nvidia 8500 GT? When I check the Nvidia Monitor program it says under the voltages section PCI-E 1.400v and has a red square next to it. I noticed that when I brought my ram up to its optimum voltage level its square changed from red to green.

Should I increase the voltage to the GPU? If so, to what value?

A:BFG Nvidia Geforce 8500 gt voltage

Well Dave, many times red means too much voltage instead of too little. I'm not sure of the setting here, but I would suggest proceeding with great caution. If GPUs are like most CPUs in their voltage requirements, then 1.4 volts seems a tad on the high side, but that's just a guess..

Maybe another member will have a more definite answer for you, so hang loose for a while.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bfg-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-voltage.112219/
Relevancy 63.21%

ON my BFG graphics card there is an HDTV TV OUT port on it. It also came with an HDTV breakout cable. I have an Xbox 360 Elite and there are 2 sets of audio video cables. The RED,WHITE,YELLOW cable and the BLUE,GREEN,RED HD cable. The colours on the HDTV breakout cable match the colours on the XBOX's HD cables so i figured they mite work. Do any of you know if i will be able to connect my Xbox 360 to my flat screen monitor?

A:BFG nvidia 8500 GT graphics card

The Blue, Red and Green cables are component video cards, capable of carrying a HD signal. The Red and White of the other cable are for the left and right audio channels, and the Yellow is composite video, good for non HD signals.

If you are trying to use the cables to connect the computer or the XBOX to a TV or to a monitor that has component or composite connections on the back of it then they will work with either device.

But if you are trying to connect the XBOX through the computer to display on the monitor then that won't work. You'd need to have a video card or separate PCI card that supports TV input not just output.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bfg-nvidia-8500-gt-graphics-card.672595/
Relevancy 63.21%

okay so i have the above mentioned video card and vindows 7. i have the tv connected to my computer using the s-video 2 slot on the computer. but i cant figure out how to configure the computer to use tv display >.< i am very new to win 7 can someone help me out?

A:nvidia geforce 8500 gt connect to tv win 7

Okay new I figured out how to get it to display now i just cant figure out a setting that will work the way i want it to, does anyone know what setting im looking for?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/16752-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-connect-tv-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Yesterday i was playing World of Warcraft and the screen started flashing then turned black I could hear the sound playing but no video and keyboard i had to restart my pc WTF ok after restarting and booting widows logo the screen turned off again i couldn't do log in to my pc I went to safe mode and uninstalled Nvidia drivers then started windows normally and there was no black screen and i could log in to my pc But i couldn't play World of Warcraft because i had no drivers installed F CK I tryed updating my drivers but it kept doing the same nothing helped Its drivers problem I was playing WoW for few weeks with windows and everything was perfect not a single error but now from no where appeared drivers problem O o wtf can someone help me plz I have Nvidia GeForce GT Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor GHz gb ram bit operating system I have windows Professional RTM installed Plz help P S sorry for my GT WoW plz Nvidia problem!!! And GeForce 8500 help!!! bad english and im newbie first time posting in forum

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT And WoW problem!!! plz help!!!

Please watch your language alright? No need for it. I can understand your frustration. First off what driver are you using? I'm also curious as to where you obtained your Win 7 Pro RTM ISO from? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40266-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-wow-problem-plz-help.html
Relevancy 62.78%

i wanted to install my nvidia geforce 8500 video driver in windows 2000 but there are no compatible drivers for it.i tryed searching for nvidia forceware but there is nothing compatible.please help?

A:windows 2000 and my nvidia geforce 8500

Creating a driver for a modern video card is a major undertaking which only the manufacturer will do. If Nvidia doesn't list a driver it is highly likely that none exists. Windows 2000 currently has very small user base and writing a driver for it is not worth the effort. You could try an XP driver but I doubt it would work.If you must use Windows 2000 you will need to obtain a compatible video card.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-and-my-nvidia-geforce-8500/66079.html
Relevancy 62.78%

First I apologize for the double-post There is a duplicate thread in the quot Graphics Cards quot forum I have Windows bit installed on install Can't GT for GeForce drivers 8500 nVidia an ASUS P RD -VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce GT graphics card I have tried numerous times to install the Windows bit Driver from manufacture site but when it tries to install the drivers I get an error message saying quot No drivers were found that work with your device Setup will now close quot I don't get this I'm on that graphics card right now in Windows and typing this thread Also in Device Manager there is no quot Display Adapter quot listed I can't Can't install drivers for nVidia GeForce 8500 GT seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either I've already solved the problem of my sound not working SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio and this is the last thing I need to get Windows working for a REAL test run How can I get these drivers installed Any help is appreciated

A:Can't install drivers for nVidia GeForce 8500 GT

Quote: Originally Posted by fragment137

First, I apologize for the double-post. There is a duplicate thread in the "Graphics Cards" forum..

I have Windows 7 32bit installed on an ASUS P5RD1-VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce 8500 GT graphics card.

I have tried numerous times to install the Windows 7 (32bit) Driver from manufacture site, but when it tries to install the drivers, I get an error message saying "No drivers were found that work with your device. Setup will now close."

I don't get this! I'm on that graphics card right now, in Windows 7, and typing this thread...

Also, in Device Manager, there is no "Display Adapter" listed.... I can't seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either....

I've already solved the problem of my sound not working (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio) and this is the last thing I need to get Windows 7 working for a REAL test run!

How can I get these drivers installed?!
Any help is appreciated

Hi fragment and welcome

thanks for letting us know about the dup post.

Sometimes a win 7 driver isnt 100% and using a vista driver installed in compatibility mode works. to install in compatibilty mode right click the installer and go to properties>compatibility>check vista
Hope it helps

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43025-cant-install-drivers-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I recently got a projector from a friend and im trying to setup dual screen.

First of all im a bit confused by the Graphics Card itself. I looked for pictures of the card which my computer recognizes as a nVidia GeForce 8500 GT and none have a HDMI port but mine does. So i opened the case and the card has ATI and Foxconn written on it but nothing with nVidia on it.

I have a HDMI to VGA cable which im trying to use to go to my monitor but when i plug it in while switched on i get nothing on the monitor but the projector still works and if i plug it in then boot I get no output on my monitor and just just a black screen and the mouse pointer on my monitor.

I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys

So i have had a Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT for a while now, and it's worked fine until a few days ago. When i try to turn my monitor on it says that i am not getting a signal. i have tried 2 monitors and i can still use the inboard graphics card to see what's on my monitor although most of the files for it's use are gone.

if anyone could give me some hints on if it's the graphics card, the mobo, or the PCI-e slot, I'd really appreciate the help.

thanks

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT mystery error

Can you give the rest of your system's specs?

Also, if you have another computer with a PCI-e slot, try the video card in it and see if it works there, or put a different video card into your current computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-mystery-error.138423/
Relevancy 62.78%

Probably the same issue as this because if you see at the bottom of that topic it describes GT Vista-32-bit, to 8500 start-up Nvidia & unable the Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up blue screen and the memory error I get that too but on start-up the only way I can get this desktop to work is to run it in safe mode or restore back to before I did anything and still had the disabled topic html it didn t let me post the actual link but there s the ending bit I ve had this problem for about a month now and I ve tried updating drivers with newer drivers I ve tried the drivers from the CD Which worked out to be a total disaster in which it made it worse for some reason the basic drivers that I started out with but none of that worked I tried everything in the other topic that was suggested as well but still nothing worked It would be much appreciated if anyone even knew remotely what s wrong or has some kind of solution nbsp

A:Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up

Sounds like a Faulty Card to me. Send it back to the Manufacterer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-vista-32-bit-unable-to-start-up.138695/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I have nvida 8500 gt and the problem is that my screen goes white after using it for sometime, when I remove the card, it works fine.. I have the latest drivers installed but that doeesn't fix this problem... I have a dual core 2 gb ram, intel...please help!

A:Nvidia 8500 GT, Windows 7 white screen

I would gather Nivida 8500gt. I s going bad. It might be time for a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-windows-7-white-screen.197721/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a 8500GT Graphics card
On my Acer flat screen monitor (viewing area 33.5cm across x 27cm down) circles do not appear round, except at a resolution of 1280x1024 where the text on menu & tool bars, dektop icon descriptions, etc appear tiny, almost impossible to read.
All other resolutions circles appear as ovals.
I have set the screen font size to 96dpi as a result of this advice:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=kb402728
Any advice to have this problem solved will be appreciated.

A:Circles are not round - NVIDIA GE FORCE 8500 GT

Your link appears to be broken.

If the circles are proportional at 1280 x 1024, they should be proportional also at 1024 x 768, 800 x 600 and 640 x 480.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/circles-are-not-round-nvidia-ge-force-8500-gt.678958/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have Windows 7 32bit installed on an ASUS P5RD1-VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce 8500 GT graphics card.

I have tried numerous times to install the Windows 7 (32bit) Driver from manufacture site, but when it tries to install the drivers, I get an error message saying "No drivers were found that work with your device. Setup will now close."

I don't get this! I'm on that graphics card right now, in Windows 7, and typing this thread...

Also, in Device Manager, there is no "Display Adapter" listed.... I can't seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either....

I've already solved the problem of my sound not working (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio) and this is the last thing I need to get Windows 7 working for a REAL test run!

How can I get these drivers installed?!

Any help is appreciated

A:nVidia GeForce 8500 GT, drivers won't install

Download the driver from NVIDIA's site.

You might need a bios update for the motherboard if there is no standard vga in the display adapter section of the device manager. Install the latest one.

Also in the bios, disable all unused ports like floppy, serial, parallel, com.... etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/43010-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-drivers-wont-install.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I play counter strike 1.6, and was using a geforce 6100 integrated which posed no problems. this card also ran half-life 2. i tried however to run half-life 2 episode 1 and the game lagged. not much, but enough to ruin playing the game. so i installed a geforce 8500 gt i had lying around. upon trying hl2 e1 again all lagging had disappeared, but im seeing high resolution graphic gritches both in the game menu and the maps themselves. this problem is also effecting counter-strike 1.6 in the same way.
any ideas anyone?
Windows Xp pro sp2
Ecs Geforce6100pm-m2 v2.0 mb
amd athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.21GHz
1 gb ram

A:Recently installed Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT problems

Well, there's three things I would check:

#1 - Make sure that you're using the newest drivers from Nvidia's website.

#2 - Even though the 8500 is a relatively low-power card, it still requires a 300watt PSU with 18amps on the 12v rail. If your PC is underpowered, it can cause glitches.

#3 - What are the temperatures of the card when operating? You can check these in the Nvidia control panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recently-installed-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-problems.803881/
Relevancy 61.92%

My computer recently crashed while on a screen-saver and since then I could not boot into windows except in safe card has 8500 Graphics NVIDIA stopped working!! mode However after a bit of reading I managed to pin down the problem it seems to be the NVIDIA GeForce GT Graphics card or drivers this is the card which came with my PC and has never given me any problems until now I know this is the problem because I uninstalled the NVIDIA display driver and then when I booted back up windows started working again - BUT ONLY WITH THE BASIC PC DRIVERS - NO GRAPHICS CARD Once I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers I tried doing this from windows auto update AND NVIDIA's website it has to restart in order to fully install and then back to square one it doesn't boot into windows - just gets to the windows NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! loading bar - then black screen and then restarts - no error messages nothing Does NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! anyone know how to fix this NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! Is this a driver problem or is it the actual NVIDIA graphics card And if it's not the card then why won't the drivers work BTW I am using VISTA Home Premium bit Here is my system details http support thetechguys com layout aspx ID b a - cb - ce -ae - aa b a amp CatID a -b f- fbe- a -c d fb

A:NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!!

Hmmm, can you try someone elses card?

It most likely is the card, based on age of the card.

Try testing your card using the memtestg80 program from here:
[email protected] - DownloadUtils
It might njot work as you don't have the drivers in , but its worth a try.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285330-nvidia-8500-graphics-card-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My computer recently crashed while on a screen-saver and since then I could not boot into windows except in safe mode However after a bit of reading I managed to pin down the problem it seems to be the NVIDIA GeForce GT Graphics card or drivers this is the card which Working! Has / Card Graphics Driver Stopped Nvidia 8500 came with my PC and Nvidia 8500 Graphics Card / Driver Has Stopped Working! has never given me any problems until now I know this is the problem because I uninstalled the NVIDIA display driver and then when I booted back up windows started working again - BUT ONLY WITH THE BASIC PC DRIVERS - NO GRAPHICS CARD Once I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers I tried doing this from windows Nvidia 8500 Graphics Card / Driver Has Stopped Working! auto update AND NVIDIA s website it has to restart in order to fully install and then back to square one it doesn t boot into windows - just gets to the windows loading bar - then black screen and then restarts - no error messages nothing Does anyone know how to fix this Is this a driver problem or is it the actual NVIDIA graphics card And if it s not the card then why won t the drivers work BTW I am using VISTA Home Premium bit Here is my full system details http support thetechguys com layout aspx ID b a - cb - ce -ae - aa b a amp CatID a -b f- fbe- a -c d fb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-8500-graphics-card-driver-has-stopped-working.964033/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am wanting to use the subject items in an actual functioning system. Any suggestions at all. I accept my ignorance and will answer any questions. Do not be afraid that they may be too simplistic, it is quite likely that I missed something small.

A:Integrated GPU and PCI tandem operation of three monitors (Inspiron 570 BIOS A06 Nvidia GEForce 8500 GT)

You cant EVER use onboard with PCI-E GPU.  This is an unsupported video configuration.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19995506
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,

I purchased the GE Force 8500 GT video card and installed on my computer and when I boot the computer it detects the card and installs the proper drivers. Once the installation is finished I reboot the computer as suggested. However, the computer freezes on the Windows start up screen.

I though it maybe a capability issue with Windows 7 however I tried with Windows XP on the same computer but I am having the same problem. I tried with the drivers that come with Windows and the one you can download from the Nvidia web site.

Is it possible its compatibility issue with my motherboard? I have a Gigabye GA-8I915G-MF.

Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ge-force-8500-gt-freezes-on-boot.975224/
Relevancy 50.74%

My problem I have been experiencing situational freezes while using my Etc Desktop, on - Browsing, Freezes Never Experiencing Games. in PC New Freezes When PC these freezes require me to hold down the power button and reboot Details The situations in which my pc freezes is in low or next to no stress situations this includes sitting on the desktop browsing the web idle mode messaging people over steam and msn and many other little things that shouldn t be causing any problems right The situations in which my pc does not freeze is in games to avoid my pc freezing while typing this I am sitting in the main menu of a game using the Steam web overlay I can play intensive games at their maximum settings and my PC never freezes unless it is the game s fault and that has only happened on one occasion It does not freeze when in low stress gaming situations either like in the main menu of a game - I think it is hardware related as it happened on both of my completely separate and individually formated installs of Windows XP and Windows I reinstalled Windows once This problem has occurred with both out of the box and fully updated drivers for all pieces of hardware on XP and Errors messages All error messages occur before my OS is loaded and just after I have rebooted after a freeze On my old XP install it froze and actually had to recover the system BIOS this is when I noticed a red and orange light on my motherboard along with other green lights the st one is red the second is orange I don t know if this means it is something plugged into the motherboard that is causing the problem or the motherboard itself Just this morning on the Windows install it said it could New PC Experiencing Freezes When on Desktop, Browsing, Etc - Never Freezes in Games. not find the DES driver what is that exactly Is it my Motherboard New PC Experiencing Freezes When on Desktop, Browsing, Etc - Never Freezes in Games. other hardware could something have become unplugged while moving or not plugged in properly something else System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name FOURLEAFCLOVER Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model P -UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name SyncMaster SB SyncMaster Magic CX SB Digital Monitor Model SyncMaster Monitor Id SAM B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name atiumd dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail I hope that is enough information I can give more if you need Thank you for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-experiencing-freezes-when-on-desktop-browsing-etc-never-freezes-in-games.883193/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have had this issue for awhile it comes and goes I will be playing a computer game it can be anything times) (multiple when restart Freezes during I & games try to it freezes from world of warcraft to counter strike and occasionally the computer will freeze As far as I can tell it will not respond to keyboard input or mouse movements I do not hear any sounds when it freezes Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times) and the monitor will be frozen on whatever window is active at the time The only thing I can do at this point is restart the computer and shut down the computer Upon doing either while the computer boots up it will freeze at random points windows icon log in screen sometimes while the bios is loading Not sure if this makes any sense but if I shut down the computer and unplug the power supply and plug it back in then turn the computer on it usually boots without freezing I really doubt its an overheating problem because I do not let the computer cool down between restarts or the unplug plug thing but I am open to all suggestions Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times) Intel Core Duo E Conroe LGA GHz EVGA nForce i SLI MB GB PC - Corsair CM X - C D NVIDIA GeForce GTS nbsp

A:Freezes during games & freezes when I try to restart it (multiple times)

Anyone?

Also I just came back from vacation and now my computer won't start. It freezes at the "starting windows" screen and when I try to repair it freezes as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezes-during-games-freezes-when-i-try-to-restart-it-multiple-times.151217/
Relevancy 47.73%

I want to know how SLI cards compare to single cards. Is there a chart somewhere?

A:Games / Nvidia GPU Chart

Would SLI double the fps for the single GPU cards?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-nvidia-gpu-chart.1027567/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

i was wondering about the Nvidia optimus technology where the computer has intel graphics and nvidia graphics,

For example, if i am running 2 games, setting 1 on intel and the other on nvidia, does it help with performance? or it doesent work this way? ive already tested but it doesent seem to be working, could be some settings im missing out, any thoughts? thanks in advance

** when i said "doesent seem to be working" i meant , it still feels laggy when both are running

A:using intel and nvidia for 2 games

Not entirely sure of what you're talking about here.

Do you mean playing 2 games at once? Running 1 game off an nVidia graphics card and one card of your mothersboard (Intel) graphics?

This is a silly idea. What's the point playing 2 games at once?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-intel-and-nvidia-for-2-games.1071025/
Relevancy 47.3%

Crysis, Assasins Creed and about all other DX10 games keep crashing.

REALLY ANNOYING

I have an 8800GT OC 700/1750/950 (DIY OC with RivaTuner), E6750 2.66GHz OC 3.6GHz (I tried it on stock speeds to test if it was the OC and it still did it) and it crashes to the desktop every now and then but it still annoys the hell out of me. (When i say 'Now and then' i mean every 20-30 minutes). I have 179.19 drivers and it has done it with all of the drivers I have tried (I didn't OC my 8800GT and it also still crashed + my whole system is insanely stable (8 hours 12 threads of Orthos max temps 48 and 51)) Running ga-p35-ds3, 2 500G HDD's, Tuniq Tower LFB, Coolermaster 550 PSU, Corsair Dominator Underclocked 900MHz RAM, Jetway 8800GT, Antec 900, Vista x32 Sp1 + All other available updates

I NEED HELP

A:Nvidia Drivers Crashing all Games

Originally Posted by mattinahat

Crysis, Assasins Creed and about all other DX10 games keep crashing.

REALLY ANNOYING

I have an 8800GT OC 700/1750/950 (DIY OC with RivaTuner), E6750 2.66GHz OC 3.6GHz (I tried it on stock speeds to test if it was the OC and it still did it) and it crashes to the desktop every now and then but it still annoys the hell out of me. (When i say 'Now and then' i mean every 20-30 minutes). I have 179.19 drivers and it has done it with all of the drivers I have tried (I didn't OC my 8800GT and it also still crashed + my whole system is insanely stable (8 hours 12 threads of Orthos max temps 48 and 51)) Running ga-p35-ds3, 2 500G HDD's, Tuniq Tower LFB, Coolermaster 550 PSU, Corsair Dominator Underclocked 900MHz RAM, Jetway 8800GT, Antec 900, Vista x32 Sp1 + All other available updates

I NEED HELP

Hi Matt,

Do you see any error messages when these games crash and can you post a screenshot of GPUZ?

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/163620-nvidia-drivers-crashing-all-games.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all I have recently installed a new video card in my laptop an NVIDIA GeForce Go I HAD an ATI Radeon X Mobility which worked fine and I wanted a little more power I removed all previous drivers correctly using uninstall then drivercleaner etc hiccups, games = Windows in NVIDIA XP + except What happens is NVIDIA + Windows XP = hiccups, except in games this When I am in Windows doing normal things web surfing email etc the screen will freeze for a few seconds then go black After another few seconds it will come back and everything will be fine There are no events written during this time Every great once in awhile the system will BSOD caused by nv disp dll the nvidia display driver and reboot I cannot see the substance of this BSOD because the machine reboots almost as soon as the screen comes up I ve even tried disabling the automatic reboot NVIDIA + Windows XP = hiccups, except in games on BSODs but it doesn t work However I am attaching a zip file containing the minidumps from this problem I imagine they are all mostly the same I ve tried many different drivers and many versions of each driver I do not believe it is a hardware problem as the problem does not persist in Safe Mode The temperature of the video card is mostly - C as is the motherboard chipset Now for the kicker this problem goes away when playing a DirectX game like Battlefield or Command and Conquer As long as I play the game the system will run fast and smooth with high quality settings Here are the latest errors from my event viewer system Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance hr x The COM Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing HRESULT was from line of d qxp slp com com x src events tier eventsystemobj cpp Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error The run-time environment has detected an inconsistency in its internal state This indicates a potential instability in the process that could be caused by the custom components running in the COM application the components they make use of or other factors Error in d qxp slp com com x src comsvcs package cpackage cpp hr InitEventCollector failed Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine CoCreateInstance hr x The COM Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing HRESULT was from line of d qxp slp com com x src events tier eventsystemobj cpp Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error I ve initiated a clean install of windows xp and the problem persists even then I ve done a memtest and everything checks out I do not believe it is a hardware problem though because this is the second card i ve gotten The first one did the same thing I thought it was a hardware problem I sent it back and the new one did the same thing ANY help would be greatly appreciated I m sick of tearing my hair out Dave nbsp

A:NVIDIA + Windows XP = hiccups, except in games

nv4_disp.dll is indicative of driver problems. Dunno how to fix this one though. Have you tried googling? And how exactly did u get the gfx card on ur laptop replaced? AFAIK, they're usually soldered to the mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-windows-xp-hiccups-except-in-games.73852/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello
i encounter very low frame rate when i play games using Nvidia physX like mirror's edge (the game runs on 7 frames per second only)
When i turn off the physX from game options frame rate is about 45
The problem is that some other games like metro 2033 doesn't allow you to turn off PhysX making the game unplayable
Is there any way to overcome this problem
*system specs below*

A:Games using Nvidia physX are very laggy

Your Nvidia GT 610m really isn't designed to handle PhysX. It is to be expected that your games run slowly with it turned on.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/68228-games-using-nvidia-physx-very-laggy.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Games keep crashing with my nvidia 9600gt and windows 7. The game boots up fine and plays for about 10 mins then crashes!!! Anyone having the same problem?

A:Games keep crashing nvidia 9600gt

Did you installed latest nVidia drivers???

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/21213-games-keep-crashing-nvidia-9600gt.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Few days ago when i updated my gpu driver to i got some error after update but i didnt pay any attention to it Then i tried to play AC Syndicate and game crashed I restarted game BSOD update last Nvidia games in after and it BSOD in games after last Nvidia update crashed again I tried to play Evil within and that crashed too Sometimes i get BSOD when game BSOD in games after last Nvidia update crashes BSOD in games after last Nvidia update sometimes first game crashes and then few minutes later i get BSOD even if i dont do anything I rerolled drivers back to and tried again Same stuff games crashes and i get bsod Before updates i didnt have any issues I played syndicate amp Evil within without any crashes First bsod and crash was right after i updated drivers to Later i updated back to and today i updated to Tried Syndicate and got bsod Then i tried to play Nazi army trilogy same stuff crash and bsod So now i cannot play any games it seems Im using gtx OC Win x

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386938-bsod-games-after-last-nvidia-update.html
Relevancy 47.3%

athlon xp 1700+
MSI k7n420pro mobo
256 pc2100 ddr
40gb hd---plenty of room left
MSI geforce ti4200

I'm having problems running newer games on this pc. It will run everything else, including burn-ins, benchmarks, etc.... without problems. When I run unreal tournament 2003 or battlefield 1942 or even Impossible Creatures, the system just shuts down after less than 2 minutes. I can run return to castle wolfenstien without incident. I've got nothing overclocked, and my power supply was replaced 3 months ago. I have noticed that I cannot change the agp bus settings when using the MSI driver from agp 1x to 4x. My mobo and card both support 4x. Also, I have uninstalled the msi driver and installed the nvidia reference driver multiple times, however the msi settings remain in my advanced properties tab.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
My problem with NVIDIA 9500 GS graphic card. When I turn on my PC, it freezes
when the desktop is shown; as a result, I have to turn it off from the power button.
Then turn it on again until it stops freezing.
So, according to the PC action center:

Quote:
Address a problem with NVIDIA Graphics Driver

NVIDIA Graphics Driver has stopped working properly 15 times.
A driver update, if available, might prevent this problem from recurring.
There are several ways of locating and installing driver updates, but it is best to let Windows do this for you. Try the first step below, which describes the process. If it doesn't produce a driver update that solves the problem, then try the remaining steps in the order given.

I have already installed the latest driver, I hope I can get help to solve this issue.

A:NVIDIA 9500 GS freezes the PC

NVIDIA DRIVERS 258.96 WHQL

You have this driver installed Correct?
If you look under Supported products tab on the page above the 9500 GS is listed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/110745-nvidia-9500-gs-freezes-pc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone. New poster here.

I've seen other threads about the problems people are having with the Nvidia 9800 GT card. Well, you can add me to that list. At least I can remove it and still having a working computer.

Running off of onboard graphics works perfectly fine for me, but when I install my 9800, the display freezes on the "Loading Windows" screen. However, the boot up chime plays, I can enter my password and the log in chime plays as well. But the display is still frozen on the "Loading Windows" screen.

I'm using the latest (or at least what I think are the latest) Nvidia Driver 195.62.

The rest of my specs are:

Windows 7 Professional (64-bit version)
ECS G31T-M5 ATX
Intel Core2 Quad Q8300
4GB RAM
Nvidia 9800 GT (not installed right now)

Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Nvidia 9800 GT freezes

Try these beta drivers: NVIDIA DRIVERS 195.81 BETA

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/54307-nvidia-9800-gt-freezes.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My graphic card could run every game until a month ago without any problems. But a moth ago it started to overheat on games like AC III and the picture was very laggy and the fan was making very loud noises, I`m not really a expert on computers so I`m here for a opinion on what should I do. Here is to understand the problem some pictures of my temperatures:

The first one is while playing Fifa 13, and I even adjusted my visual settings for best performance.
The second one is on my normal settings when I wasn`t doing anything.
Thanks to anyone who would like to give me some advice on what to do

A:My NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti overheating while playing games

njofler, review the link in this thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/288933-my-nvidia-geforce-gtx-550-ti-overheating-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I get a display driver crash almost Every time I play GTA 5 online. I also Just got it a bit before posting this while browsing on Chrome.

System..
Windows 8.1
CPU - Intel i7 3770k LGA 1155
MB - Gigabyte b75m-d3h
RAM - 16 gb DDR3 (2 8gb sticks)
GPU - Geforce GTX 970 EVGA 4gb ddr5
Thanks in Advanced!

A:Nvidia Display Driver Crashes During games and when using

turns out I had my GPU plugged into a PCIex4 Slot instead of of my PCIex16 slot. changed out and it has fixed my issues so far.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67256-nvidia-display-driver-crashes-during-games-when-using.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Guys,

I recently changed my os to WIN7 x 64 I was upgrading my motherboards/ram & cpu but didn't do the graphics as Im not a huge gamer. Sibe I have done this not one game other than those built in will run for long. I get about 5mins in then a crash and the message games has stopped working. I have chopped anmd changed drivers umpteem times but to no avail. I have a phenom ii x 4 3.2ghz, 4x 1600mhz kingston ram, 500w PSU and the card as stated is an Asus 9500gt 1gb ram. Can anyone tell me what could be causing the problem and how I identify for sure what it is. The games I am trying to play are F.E.A.R 3 and hunted the demons forge.

tx in advance

A:Problems playing games with NVIDIA 9500GT

Download and install this display driver.
Note: use custom install, and uncheck HD audio driver, if possible check 'perform clean install'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179786-problems-playing-games-nvidia-9500gt.html
Relevancy 46.87%

HI

I have realised that all games or applications when using the nvida card render a black screen and fail to load anything but sound. This includes various games using steam and their pop loaders, aswell as standalone application like the unreal4 game engine.
I have updated all drivers to the latest on dells site, I have tred the latest direct from nvidia, all fails the same way. 
I have ran the online dignostics spaceship test on video cards, and while it said the nvidia card passed, many of the tests were simply black screens! and never rendered any visual, in particular the first 2 tests shader rendertest for directx 11 and 10 were black screens only.
Is this a hardware fault? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19709322
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys,

I am having problems with computer freezing when playing games. I am guessing it's the graphics card Nvidia GeForce GT 220. Specs are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP43T-UD3L
CPU: Intel Dual Core E6500
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 220
System: Windows 7, 64 bit

So the freezing happened 3 times so far after playing game for like 30 mins. It's not the blue screen but just when it freezes the speakers just like play that zzzzzzz sound and the monitor turns off. I guess because it does not receive any signal from the graphics card. Also at that point I can just turn it off by holding the power button. Then immediately if I turn it on it powers on until that motherboard screen and then just restarts and so on and on, so I have to turn it off and wait a couple of minutes and then turn it on. Then it's all normal.
Anyone can help?
Thanks

A:Computer freeze in games Nvidia GeForce GT 220

That sounds like overheating.

Can you check to see if the fan is working on the 220 card?

Also try running the system with the side(s) of the case removed to see if that improves things.

That would also be a good time to look and see how much dust has accumulated inside.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/107532-computer-freeze-games-nvidia-geforce-gt-220-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have an Nvidia eVGA gt graphics card running the latest Forceware drivers I play an online shooter called WarRock games (eVGA) quite in often Nvidia freezing 7600gt much like CounterStrike For some Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games reason Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games when I am in game the game will Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games just suddenly freeze for a period of about seconds to minute and then go back to working just fine This will happen several times during the game When the game freezes I can still hear sound It does not freeze when in just regular Windows OS Why would it be doing this I have not had a chance to test it in other games but my friends say that they have never experienced a freeze up like that in WarRock Any solutions I have had this card for about - months and have never had it happen It has only now started happening Also one other question about the fan on a GPU Is it supposed to suck air inward toward the card or blow outward away from card Thanks nbsp

A:Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games

Firstly, what are your pc specs? To your question about fans, some are designed to blow air out the back of your case, but most fans blow air off of your card by either blowing cooler air towards your card or blowing hot air off the heatsink.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-evga-7600gt-freezing-quite-often-in-games.82621/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear Techguy fellows I m having a bothersome problem whenever playing games lately I started having this problem almost year ago but it was something which would occur on a black during games Distortion and [Nvidia] screen rare occasion and without the issues that I m Distortion and black screen during games [Nvidia] going to explain to you now During some really heavy games after some hours the screen would become distorted like rippled in a strange way though not entirely It was a bother but it wasn t that much of a hassle except for the fact that I couldn t properly see what was going on The first game with which the issue showed was Assassin s Creed II I tried to save pics of this strange phenomenon but to no avail because curiously the screenshots are perfect without no distortion at all After so many months I installed Borderlands and Guild Wars and the problem re-presented itself far more aggresive than before not only the screen would flicker and become distorted it would also become black making the computer freeze on the spot After so much time and under suggestion of a friend I ve decided to post here asking for help Since it s impossible to take screenshots because they look perfect I ve modified images to make them look like the problem which afflicts my poor laptop lately http img imageshack us img deadrising mod jpg http img imageshack us img gw mod jpg I ve tried searching for similar issues but no one would either describe the same problem nor trying to do something at it in other forums so I m searching here My hypothesis are - The gpu is failing on me after so many years of good work sob The heat and the dust after so much time are probably destroying the computer from within At first I thought it was a driver related problem because sometimes the driver update installation would fail Also steam installed his third party drivers once overwriting the original series - Driver failures nonetheless I ve recently used DriverSweeper and the latest version of Nvidia drivers to fix the issue The drivers seems to be ok now the problem still persist - The screen is getting owned from time and use somehow I don t know if the screen can be the main point of the problem because after the first drivers-update failure it started flickering and keeps flicker randomly from time to time Now I ve become used to it and it s not so persistent but it isn t a nice view indeed - The cpu is overheating as well she can t help with the gpu fan I ve tried to lower the clocks also to improve the fan speed of the gpu but the latest nvidia drivers do not allow for such option and not even RivaTurner with the Power User value inserted -some of the issues up here put together that s possible Really possible I ve also tried to understand which are the triggers that makes this happening because sometimes the problem does not appear - when playing games like Darksiders or other apparently heavy games which go well here I think it s because of the optimized graphic engine which allow the gpu not to get overheat - When playing Guild Wars which is a relatively old game that I installed just recently about - weeks ago the problem appear quicker than with other game and I mean real quicker Maybe it s because it s really heavy with all the people online and my usb internet connection is not one of the best loading heavy contents slowly and constantly - Mass Effect which is still optimized by the Physx drivers presents the same problem not as fast as GW but we are there Then again the Physx puts more work on the gpu don t they - Curiously the games which fail most are the ones which requires Windows to turn off Aero and switch to the Basic Theme I ve started to think that maybe that could be one of the trigger but changing theme even one of the themes with higher contrast doesn t really help -When playing old games the problem did not appear unless I remember badly I can t monitor the temperature raising level properly because lately the screen abrup... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I'll try to give as much information as possible Due to problems with BSOD's in win after I started playing World of Warships I eventually ended up with my laptop not detecting my Nvidia GPU anymore I recently upgraded to win and my Nvidia GPU got detected again Some quick computer specs Alienware x R Windows Home- bit Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs GB RAM Intel R HD Graphics Nvidia M Sound Blaster Recon Di The Problem After I upgraded to Win I had the problem of getting BSOD's with multiple causes after playing games using my Nvidia GPU for up to hours I started updating drivers and changing power BSOD's when games using Nvidia playing card settings and eventually it stopped for at least a week Sadly BSOD's when playing games using Nvidia card it started again The BSOD's had multiple causes and names just like in this minidump file linked I tried everything a couple of examples - Updating all drivers Chipsets wireless ethernet GPU BSOD's when playing games using Nvidia card - Flashing BIOS to the last version possible available on the dell website - Playing BSOD's when playing games using Nvidia card while plugged in and on battery to check a difference there - Changing stuff in the Nvidia control panel - Changing stuff in advanced power options - Updating to all sorts of Nvidia driver version using clean installs only Driver Physx and using DDU in safe mode - Probably multiple other things The latest thing I did was going back to the specific Intel and Nvidia drivers Dell provide on their website Also went back to the Sound driver Dell provided and got the control panel back of it But nothing helps I've been thinking about a possible problem in my power supply But I can't really find what the correct voltages should be HWiNFO shows V on my battery which looks a bit worrysome But I'm not sure about the voltages of my GPU I think I saw it avaraging around something of V or it was x V or something I finally decided to ask for help Just ask me to run a program to test stuff if needed So added are is the zipfile created by the website's program Thank you Docoda

A:BSOD's when playing games using Nvidia card

Remove the bypasses and related software on your system before proceeding
Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35127-bsods-when-playing-games-using-nvidia-card.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all.

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem occuring during certain games. I'll be able to access main menus of the games, but when i try to actually play them, my screen goes black and the game doesn't respond. This happened with Worms Armageddon and Diablo 2.

My graphics card is GeForce 6600 GT nVIDIA 128MB DDR3

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

If you can think of anything worth trying please tell me! I really have no idea what to do. If you need any more information just ask.

Thanks so much

A:GeForce 6600 GT Nvidia Problem in Games

I have the same problem.

I have the same thing. When i play BF2 or RTCW on my 6200tc. i can go to the menues and stuff but when i try to play the game the screen goes blach and un responsive. This only happens in windows 2000 for BF2.

This is turning me off of Nvidia. They make good cards but they never work right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600-gt-nvidia-problem-in-games.32518/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, i have had many problems with games on Windows 8 and posted many threads about it. I have researched that NVidia cards and Windows 8 don't mix very well. My games allways lag and crash and this is on newer games as well. Could my NVidia card be the issue? If i tried another card E.g. ATI would it fix my problem.

Thanks.

A:Is my NVidia Card Making my games crash?

Hard to say.

NVidia's drivers have made lots of crashes in the past, including under Windows 7. Some of us think that their drivers are better than AMDs, even so.

Have you installed the latest drivers for your card?

Drivers | GeForce

There are also new beta drivers for the card, if you wish to experiment:

Drivers | GeForce

The GT440 isn't a high end card, so I'm not sure what best you may hope for.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/19419-my-nvidia-card-making-my-games-crash.html
Relevancy 46.87%

The issue is, that on the launch of some games (here are a few examples: Bioshock Infinite, Just Cause 2, Killing Floor 2, Metal Gear V - The Phantom Pain) the game launches as a black screen. It launches fine, and i can hear the audio, it doesn't crash either. The only issue is that the screen is completely black. I've tried downgrading the drivers + reupdating. I've tried running in windowed mode, the resolution doesn't seem to be the issue. However, when i force the game to run on my integrated HD4000 it runs fine, and i can see the game. Hence the issue has to be something in relation to my Nvidia GPU (GT750m GDDR5 2gb). Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated. I've been trying to resolve this issue for weeks, looking online hasn't helped either.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126255-some-games-launch-black-screen-only-nvidia-gpu.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I ve got a very strange issue with several old games and I'm trying to find a solution I'll do my best to describe my issue I m sitting on laptop Lenovo Y packed with i quad core cpu Flickering strange on problem) in (very games Nvidia old and Nvidia Optimus system intel hd nvidia m It s all working on Windows x SP Flickering in old games on Nvidia (very strange problem) All updates All drivers are fresh and Nvidia driver is My problem is that in some old games direct x and era d elements flicker horribly i'm talking about interface menus and so on d is ok And that s all only on Nvidia I saw this problem in several different games Rainbow Six No One Lives Forever Blood Gabriel Knight I've got a friend with the same laptop the only different thing is that he has Windows installed no flickering Same driver for nvidia I also have another friend with Nvidia Optimus laptop from another vendor and he is on Windows he has flickering Aaaand i also found this guy in the interent with the same exact problem https forums geforce com default t ents-and-fmvs So i m trying to understand what unites games mentioned above directx - i suppose And what has changed in Windows so flickering is gone p s I was able to launch NOLF and Blood in window mode flickering was gone other games don t have windowed mode p s i m Russian sorry for my English

A:Flickering in old games on Nvidia (very strange problem)

I also need to say that modern games run perfectly on my laptop. And also there are no flickering on Intel graphics, but it has some other issues which are not important

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/319303-flickering-old-games-nvidia-very-strange-problem.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am having some fps decrease in some of the latest games like Metal Gear Solid Inspector ... Nvidia FPS / lagging to games improve The Phantom Pain Assasin's Creed Unity etc The games run fine with EVERYTHING ON MAX ULTRA However FRAPS show my FPS in MGS PHANTOM PAIN under and it goes to at times In AC Unity my fps stays aorung with everything on max I have used Nvidia Inspector before The last time i used Nvidia Inspector It was on my Laptop that had an Nvidia Graphics Dedicated memory and an Optimus Technology For battery or something Nvidia Ispector helped me Nvidia Inspector to improve lagging games / FPS ... in playing games that were getting detected by my Intel HD card instead of my Dedicated Graphics Card on my Laptop However after using Nvidia Inspector my Nvidia Control Panel DISAPPEARED literally It would appear sometimes and perhaps after opening Nvidia Inspector it will disappear again I want to use Nvidia inspector on my new rig that has a GB RAM Nvidia GTX GB Graphics Card GIGABYTE Motherboard amp an i Processor But i fear if my Nvidia Control Panel will disappear again like on my Laptop or not

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/390470-nvidia-inspector-improve-lagging-games-fps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So got a bit of a problem my GTX 's drivers keep crashing and I cant work out why Basically it crashes when ever I do anything open Firefox crash open Rift crash start Windows crash I did replaced the TIM on my card MX- a couple of weeks ago crash games & desktop & driver Nvidia 331.65 331.82 not the first time I've removed the cooler on this card as I was worried about how hot the card was getting and how hot it was getting my CPU WC loop over on most days it ran fine for over a week then started playing up out of no where Cant work out if its the actual card or just all the crap in Windows I've attached the Windows crash log thing although it hasnt BSOD Thanks Specs CPU Intel i - k RAM G Skill Trident X DDR Gb MHz MOBO Nvidia driver 331.82 & 331.65 crash desktop & games Asus Maximus V GENE OS Drive Crucial M Gb File Drive Samsung F Tb Game Drive Samsung Gb GPU Gigabyte GTX OC Sound Card ASUS Xonar Essence STX PSU Silverstone Watt

A:Nvidia driver 331.82 & 331.65 crash desktop & games

I had crashes, freezes, bosd after 331 driver install, downloaded 310.90 drivers, uninstalled 331 drivers offline, did registry backup, restore point, registry clean, installed 310 except 3D drivers (awesome) No bosd, freezes, PC running awesome.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/316944-nvidia-driver-331-82-331-65-crash-desktop-games.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Its been a week and suddenly my all games are lagging like hell, even at low setting those games which were like 30+ fps are lagging
I have nvidia 740m, ci3 , 4gb.
I formatted my laptop 2 times (win 8.1 and win 10 - kept win 10 ), updated all drivers but still problem same.

Please tell me how to analyse the hardware performance or anything to do.

I used to play NFS Rivals at 28-30 FPS at low (custom 1366x768) settings now its 10-12 fps

A:Games lagging suddenly on Nvidia 740M

I don't have a solution, but I can contribute to what might be happening.

Starting with the driver updates from a couple months ago, a driver crash will cause the video card to think it's in power-saving mode, and start underclocking itself by as much as 33% of it's normal clock speed. This of course can seriously impact game performance. To fix it requires either a system reboot, or disabling and re-enabling the driver in the Device Manager. Neither workaround is convenient, so I actually went back a few driver versions until the problem is resolved. I think I'm using the earl-April drivers, but I'm not at my main computer at the moment to check.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134237/games-lagging-suddenly-nvidia-740m.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently purchased an nvidia mx mg agp graphics card used I have at freezes desktop nvidia mx440 installed it with several different sets of nvidia drivers amp it always freezes at same spot on desktop It is loading drivers with the wait pointer showing and it freezes soild amp I have to do a manual reboot My system home nvidia mx440 freezes at desktop made win se Pcchips MB m lr AMD xp Ghz mgs ram I tried it on another computer running win Xp home amp it installed fine This was a HP pc and it used the XP drivers microsoft I did a lot of research on this amp some think it s the Power supply I have w Somethink it s a compatability issue with SIS and nvidia being that I need to disable SBA side band addressing and fast write on MB If so how do I go about this as there is no setting in Bios I can t get far enough into windows to install any of the nvidia tweak programs such as quot nvmax quot so that s not an option Any help appreciated Thanks Jim One day at a time sweet Jesus nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello there My Laptop specs are Processor Intel nd Gen Core i i - QM GHz GHz Quad-Core RAM installed size GB Hard Drive GB - Serial ATA- - rpm Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Edition Display Type in TFT active matrix Max Resolution x HD Graphics Processor NVIDIA GeForce GT M Optical Drive DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM PROBLEM The computer screen freezes every time i try to play games on the NVidia GPU I tried running games on the Intel GPU and it works perfectly so i know it is the NVidia card that is the problem WHAT HAVE I TRIED - almost all drivers available for the NVidia card - opened and cleaned fan vent - uninstalled system temperature monitors such as cpu-z OpenHardwareMonitor etc i read they interfere with your system sometimes - I updated my BIOS from A to A - removed both graphics drivers intel and nvidia and installed them in order of removal intel then nividia Tried all of this but with no avail i haven t tried factory resetting because i don t have access to an external drive but i will greatly appreciate anyones help nbsp

A:NVidia 525M - Screen freezes

So after posting this, i have tried:
- Furmark stress test for an hour ... which passed
- I tried a different hard drive with windows 7 and it froze as usual .. so i know it is not a harddrive problem
- I did RAM tests and it passed MEMTEST98+, dell diag test.

Now i have tried DELL PC Diagnostics - http://www.dell.com/support/Diagnostics/us/en/19

And i got an error (below) when troubleshooting the Nvidia GPU

What could this mean?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-525m-screen-freezes.1119686/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have had to rebuild my PC and I pulled down the latest GFORCE NVIDIA Driver when I began upgrading drivers. When I load up some of the Microsoft games it will go through the load process OK but then gives me the BOD. I am pretty sure it is related to the driver. The apps used to work before I had to do the rebuild. Any ideas?

A:NVIDIA Card Causes Blue Screen in Microsoft Games

Can you give me the bsod code and msg ?

I.E : STOP ########## (######_########_####)

hashes are where the code and message should be .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nvidia-card-causes-blue-screen-in-microsoft-games-670165.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've been having issues with my NVIDIA Drivers becoming corrupt on my Y700 with the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M. Every few days when I try to play a DirectX games like Guild Wars 2 or Team Fortress 2, the games fail to launch. GW2 doesn't fire up after clicking the Play button in the launcher but there is not warning message. TF2 will give a Direct3D error when I try to launch it. In any case, the only solution I have found is to download and reinstall the NVIDIA drivers. I currently have driver verion 368.22 but this has been happening on older NVIDIA drivers as well. After reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers, everything works fine for a few days.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-NVIDIA-Driver-issues-with-DirectX-games/td-p/3338528
Relevancy 46.44%

I just removed my ATI Radeon 6800SE 256mb to install a ASUS v9570 Nvidia GeForce FX5700 256MB.

All my games such as Supreme Commander ran fine on the slower, lower end 6800SE but even though the installation of the drivers and visible function of the new card went fine games now tell me to check my system meets the requirements.

I have run online tests which say i have failed the ability to run Supreme Commander, however i have passed all the individual tests. I have also tested everything using DxDiag and all test run perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

ThANKS FOR READING

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-cannot-see-my-card-asus-v9570-nvidia-fx5700.81357/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, I'm new here. For the past couple of months my laptop starts to throttle it's gpu at 67C,  which is quite low. I have turned off hp coolsense and have selected high performance but no use as it's locked at 67C. The gpu is GT 740M 2gb DDR3. Nvidia control panel also is configured for best performance as well.  Please help. Updating nvidia drivers don't help as well. I have updated the pc software from hp updates directly too, so I don't think it's due to bad updates. By the way I'm not sure if this throttling issue was there from beginning as I didn't use a monitoring application until I noticed the massive fps drop in games after a minute or so. Thanks in advance. 

A:Nvidia gpu throttling at 67 degree celsius and makes games l...

TessellatedGuy Please uninstall the Intel HD and Nvidia driver Reboot Install first the Intel HD driver Reboot Install the Nvidia driver Please check the Bios and uefi version Install all other 10 drivers  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Nvidia-gpu-throttling-at-67-degree-celsius-and-makes-games/td-p/5256791
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello everyone.

I only get this bsod when I try to run a game that uses the unreal engine. I have done clean install of all video drivers using driver sweeper and the latest drivers from nvidia.com. Ignore audio drivers, i am using second pre xp sound card for studio purposes.

PC
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
I7 930
10gb ram
geforce gts 250

attached is the zip from the bsod instructions

A:nvlddmkm.sys nvidia BSOD during unreal engine games

Quote: Originally Posted by Bluemagma

Hello everyone.

I only get this bsod when I try to run a game that uses the unreal engine. I have done clean install of all video drivers using driver sweeper and the latest drivers from nvidia.com. Ignore audio drivers, i am using second pre xp sound card for studio purposes.

PC
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
I7 930
10gb ram
geforce gts 250

attached is the zip from the bsod instructions

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200954-nvlddmkm-sys-nvidia-bsod-during-unreal-engine-games.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all experts maybe this topic is already somewhere answered but I didn't find any solution after days of searching web So when I installed windows on my 10 installed Nvidia Windows when driver freezes new Gigabyte laptop P G it stops working after nvidia drivers are updated It always ask me for a restart and then it freezes after I login to the system When I go to the safe mode and install driver which is posted on manufacturer web page for windows it works fine I need to disable updates for my nvidia card and then I can use my laptop normally Unfortunately when I want to play Windows 10 freezes when new Nvidia driver installed some game especially XCom it will not run it on Nvidia card but only on the integrated one I have nvidia optimus So it means I cannot play the games - I tried to install new driver and install process is ok when I deselect gforce experience New driver doesn't need a restart and then I can play the games without any trouble But when I restart it gets frozen again and then I need to go to safe mode and roll back driver This means that HW is ok when it works in scenario mentioned above There will be just some SF problem some settings some driver mismatch during login Any help would be appreciated Thanks to all

A:Windows 10 freezes when new Nvidia driver installed

Your Computer: GIGABYTE - Laptop - Laptop - P series - Legacy - P2542G

The graphics configuration is: To Work with Optimus, You need to install the driver for Windows 10 from manufacturer's website; and Gigabyte does not offer Windows 10 in this laptop. Well, Windows 10 Drivers are available for GTX660M. It is here: http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...x/100869/en-us
But there is a limitation there .... I am quoting it for you from that page:

However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.

An Optimus enabled Laptop only accepts the graphics driver that is supplied by OEM manufacturer, modded and designed to work with their Optimus settings.

It would be all better that you go back to Windows 8.1 until Gigabyte officially supports windows 10 for this laptop and releases drivers compatible to it.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/48374-windows-10-freezes-when-new-nvidia-driver-installed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I Just got this Hybrid from Lenovo 141-SK 940m 710 Yoga 14" Nvidia freezes... goes dark, a week ago it's so new it was made last month I had just played Yoga 710 141-SK 14" Nvidia 940m goes dark, freezes... CSGO in laptop mode using the m and right after I ended the game the screen went dark I tried the power button but the only thing I could do is reboot and the screen went back to normal nbsp Then last night I was using it in tablet mode not sure what it was I was doing and the same thing happened again I have heard there is an issue with Win but that's when you boot nbsp up I'm concerned this may be a hardware failure particularly the Nvidia GPU as these mobile cards tend to have issues I have the base warranty so I should be able to have it looked at anyone nbsp else experience something like what i described should I send it in to be checked Could this be a possible software issue like the Win one Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-141-SK-14-quot-Nvidia-940m-goes-dark-freezes-and-must/td-p/3382652
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I Just got this Hybrid from Lenovo a week ago it's so new it Nvidia freezes... 14" 710 dark, Yoga 940m goes 141-SK was made last month I had just played CSGO in laptop mode using the m and right after I ended the game the screen went dark I tried the power button but the only thing Yoga 710 141-SK 14" Nvidia 940m goes dark, freezes... I could do is reboot and the screen went back to normal nbsp Then last night I was using it in tablet mode not sure what it was I was doing and the same thing happened again I have heard there is an issue with Win but that's when you boot nbsp up I'm concerned this may be a hardware failure particularly the Nvidia Yoga 710 141-SK 14" Nvidia 940m goes dark, freezes... GPU as these mobile cards tend to have issues I have the base warranty so I should be able to have it looked at anyone nbsp else experience something like what i described should I send it in to be checked Could this be a possible software issue like the Win one Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Yoga-710-141-SK-14-quot-Nvidia-940m-goes-dark-freezes-and-must/td-p/3382652
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all experts maybe this topic is already somewhere answered but I didn't find any solution after days of searching web So when I installed windows on my Gigabyte laptop P G it stops working after nvidia drivers are updated It always ask me for a restart and then it freezes after I login to the system When I go to the safe mode and install driver which is posted on manufacturer web page for windows it works fine I need to disable updates for my nvidia card and then I can use my laptop normally Unfortunately when I want to play some game especially XCom it will not run it on Nvidia card but only on the integrated one I Nvidia new driver 10 when installed Windows freezes have nvidia optimus So it means I cannot play the games - I tried to install new driver and install process is ok when I deselect gforce experience New driver doesn't need a restart and then I can play the games without any trouble But when I restart it gets frozen again and then I need to go to safe mode and roll back driver This means that HW is ok when it works in scenario mentioned above There will be just some SF problem some settings some driver mismatch during login Any help would be appreciated Thanks to all

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/48374-windows-10-freezes-when-new-nvidia-driver-installed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have begun to experience an issue with a Nividia GeForce 7300 Video graphics card. It happens when I am playing solitare or writing an email, which is the screen freezes and I have to turn off the computer to regain the monitor function or the computer. The message that I captured in relationship to the issue is WD-20110802-1520.dmp syndata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml - Video Hardware Error.

I have also seen a pop-up that says the NVIDIA card has stopped and successfully recovered. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Does the Video card need to be replaced and if so, should it be replaced with the same card?
Thanks in advance!

A:Nvidia Card Stops and Screen Freezes

Well before I tell you that your video card needs to be replaced you should completely wipe the current drivers and control panel with this.
Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

then reinstall the latest driver for your card
NVIDIA DRIVERS 275.33 WHQL

This will clear up if it's a driver problem at least.
The remaining two possibilities are the card is actually bad, or your power supply is dying and not supplying enough power.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179044-nvidia-card-stops-screen-freezes.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I install the nvidia driver for my graphics card, after reboot windows 7 freezes after i type my password in. It may do it on 'welcome' or it usually does it when i get to desktop. When i uninstall the driver it goes back to not freezing.

Any Ideas !!!!???

A:Windows 7 freezes after nvidia driver is installed

What are your system specs?

Are you able to boot into safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-freezes-after-nvidia-driver-is-installed-562288.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When i install my nvidia driver in Windows 7, after reboot it comes onto windows 7. After i have logged in its either freezes on 'welcome' or freezes on desktop if im lucky to get that far. When I uninstall the nvidia driver it stops freezing.

Any ideas on how to fix?

A:Windows 7 freezes when nvidia driver is installed

Have you tried getting the latest drivers from your cards' manufacturers' website?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-freezes-when-nvidia-driver-is-installed-562244.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey everyone i just bought a HP Pavillion Elite PC After a few minutes of running games they freeze and i get a blue screen where there is a load of writing i dont understand or else it will just freeze Brand Nvidia. new 9300GS computer Freezes and my monitor wont pick up a signal On occasions 9300GS Nvidia. Brand new computer Freezes of the second instance i have to actually plug out the machine from the socket It is days old Always had the problem Also when there is a freeze and shutdown i can temporarily see that objects and effects are surrounded by little purple dots While playing med total war on occasion there would be weird triangular shapes appearing also Motherboard - Intel G g G P P chipset intel IR ich r southbridge Graphic interface -ehhh Windows Vista is that what your looking for Memory - gb ram CPU -Intel core QUAD q CPU Speed - Ghz but there is cores Power Supply Make Model - this info is hard for me to get very poor experience with actually opening case plus its brand new and i dont want to risk anything A point to note though The power supply should be enough to power my machine if have not added anything to it This machine has been mass produced Watt output Amperage- sorry but i dont know where to get this info hopefully not a problem Graphics Card- 9300GS Nvidia. Brand new computer Freezes Nvidia GS I have latest drivers Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp 9300GS Nvidia. Brand new computer Freezes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/9300gs-nvidia-brand-new-computer-freezes.769952/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there .. im going to buy a new laptop .. and i wanna know about the graphic card ability to run heavy games like NFS , GTA , Cyris ..

is Nvidia 525m a good card for these type of games ??

thx

A:quick quastion .. Nvidia 525m .. is it good for heavy games ????

hi,

the Nvidia GT 525m is equal to a GT 430 in desktop edition. It isn't a weak card, but it isn't designed for heavy games. I reccomend a GTX series for gaming.
specs: http://www.nvidia.it/object/product-...t-525m-it.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/247326-quick-quastion-nvidia-525m-good-heavy-games.html
Relevancy 46.01%

days ago i started having a black screen problem while playing games that normally would run on my PC for example League of Legends and Skyrim the latter on low details The 9800 GT Problem playing geforce with while games Nvidia driver, problem is as follows In League of Legends which i've been running on High details for months now i started getting a black screen for about - seconds Problem with Nvidia geforce 9800 GT driver, while playing games afterwhich the game resumed At least this is what happened for a while but it started increasing in frequency and i had numerous Crashes bugsplat errors with a message saying that my video drivers have stopped working This culminated with me also getting a Green Screen during the game that resulted in me restarting my pc basically the screen went green and i couldn't do anything else except manually restart The drivers are up to date so i have nothing to upgrade I checked my video card thinking it might overheat and it runs at C I cleaned the dust off my PC reinstalled Windows and increased video card fan speed a bit Now i have almost the same problem i still get the Black screen error that lasts - seconds and occasionally i get the Green Screen aswell forcing me to restart I decreased my League of Legends graphic details from High to Very Low decreased FPS rates from to and now it runs without problems but here's the catch everything that worked smoothly before such as Skyrim and other high demanding games from a video card PoV are now unplayable i can only run older games like for example Warcraft and LoL on Very Low details without getting Black screen Green Screen problems I think that my video card is broken but the thing is i can still watch HD movies videos on youtube without any kind of problems I only get errors in games Spec Procesor Intel Pentium Dual-Core E GHz Ram GB Video Card Nvidia Geforce GT OS Windows Starter bit

A:Problem with Nvidia geforce 9800 GT driver, while playing games

Decoding video can be done with a very low end card...sounds like the card is failing....Bizarre as it sounds instal the OLDEST drivers you can find, and see if it does better....

As a last resort remove the fan/heat sink assembly....clean thoroughly...apply a dot of a good quality thermal paste....assemble...hope for the best

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204292-problem-nvidia-geforce-9800-gt-driver-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently purchased an Nvidia geforce fx mb graphics card I m running an amd sempron ghz processor with megs of ram The computer I installed this card on has a geforce mx integrated graphics card The problem is after installing the card I fired up a couple different games first game i fired up was fable Game started normal worked fine then like seconds into the game it freezes for - seconds then the screen becomes all Crazy/distorted geforce 5600 nvidia in all games fx Pixels 3d pixelled and distorted like The game still runs it doesn t crash and it also plays fine no freezing Crazy/distorted Pixels in all 3d games nvidia geforce fx 5600 etc It did this with all the games i tried it with deus ex full spectrum warrior brothers in arm earned in blood fable vampire the masquerade and morrowind After the pixelation begans u exit the game and reenter even after reboot and pixelazation is always there It doesn t effect movies or anything else just actual game play I ve tried many different things updating drivers etc I made sure my geforce mx driver was uninstalled properly first and then installed my geforce fx properly Still no luck I also tried going back reloading geforce mx drivers then uninstalling them then disabling the vga device then installing new card and it still gives me the pixels Please help I ve been waiting forever to buy a card and i probably won t be able to afford one for awhile Any help is greatly appreciated some dxdiag info here i didn t know if it would be helpful or not ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name COMPOFTHEBALL Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model W BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Sempron tm MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce FX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce FX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-CB A- C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps ... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crazy-distorted-pixels-in-all-3d-games-nvidia-geforce-fx-5600.47802/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently purchased an Nvidia geforce fx mb graphics card I m running an amd sempron ghz processor with megs of ram The computer I installed this card on has a geforce mx integrated graphics card The problem is after installing the card I fired up a couple different games first game i fired up was fable Game started normal worked fine then like seconds into the game it freezes for - seconds then the screen becomes all pixelled and distorted like The game still runs it doesn t crash and it also plays fine no freezing etc It did this with all the games i tried it with deus ex full fx 3d 5600 Pixels in geforce Crazy/distorted games nvidia all spectrum warrior brothers in arm earned in blood fable vampire the masquerade and morrowind After the pixelation begans u exit the game and reenter even Crazy/distorted Pixels in all 3d games nvidia geforce fx 5600 after reboot and pixelazation is always there It doesn t effect movies or anything else just actual game play I ve tried many different things updating drivers etc I made sure my geforce mx driver was uninstalled properly first and then installed my geforce fx properly Still no luck I also tried going back reloading geforce mx drivers then uninstalling them then disabling the vga device then installing new card and it still gives me the pixels Please help I ve been waiting forever to buy a card and i probably won t be able to afford one for awhile Any help is greatly appreciated dxdiag info here i didn t know if it would be helpful or not ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name COMPOFTHEBALL Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gateway System Model W BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Sempron tm MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce FX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce FX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-CB A- C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps Video... Read more

A:Crazy/distorted Pixels in all 3d games nvidia geforce fx 5600

Did you disable the onboard graphics after installing the new card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crazy-distorted-pixels-in-all-3d-games-nvidia-geforce-fx-5600.457263/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using a program called Nvidia Inspector to fix this issue with games such as Tomb Raider. But GTA 4 is giving me a hard time.I have tried everything, even Nvidia Inspector does not help in detecting Nvidia Graphics Card.I have an Acer Laptop with Optimus technology which seems to be the cause of this.I welcome any fix or solution.I can even try overclocking. I just want to run GTA 4 on my laptop.

A:Games Auto Detecting Intel HD instead of Nvidia dedicated memory...

For future reference, please fill in all the details in your system specs using the User CP
From what I understand, whenever you enter the game, it switches to your integrated video card instead of the added one? If that is the case, make sure that you have the priorities right in BIOS. I'm not an expert in laptops, just a shot in the dark.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303225-games-auto-detecting-intel-hd-instead-nvidia-dedicated-memory.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Sorry I'm making quite a high-requiring games - GT GF screen 325M black on NVidia mess in this NVidia GF GT 325M - black screen on high-requiring games forum cause I've already posted identical post in NVidia GF GT 325M - black screen on high-requiring games other thread but nobody answered me yet So I thought the reason of this is that this thread is marked as solved which isn't frankly I think and none is even looking there to check if something new has appeared And I posted there cause my problem is similar to that one I could name my as an extrapolation of that one Well I've got notebook ASUS N JV with CPU Intel Core i and Graphic NVidia GeForce GT M Without an OS I installed it later this OS on the left under my user name At the beginning it looked fine I didn't have black screen - I could see everything on screen move around system etc I installed NVidia driver from CD attached to product And in order to test it I launched TR Legend one of games with very good graphic Looked beautiful and moved fluent until I changed details to maximum Then I was surprised cause it looked worse than on old GF I thought quot somethings wrong quot and started to dig in Nvidia driver settings unfortunately I don't remember what I've changed Big mistake Only effect I got is so that when I start ANY game with good graphics there's only black screen waiting for me Bah One game when I try to launch it gives me such a warning Quote Your CPU type INTEL Pentium-II is below the minimum requirements Your videocard Intel R HD Graphics is not supported Do you want to launch the game anyway Y N So maybe it does mean that I somehow turned off Nvidia permanently so it does not start working when needed as Stormy said many times in that thread I tried many thigs including Digging in Nvidia driver settings more and more in order to find what I've changed Reinstalling Nvidia driver Installing Intel driver from CD though it somehow installed itself maybe Windows downloaded it UNinstalling Intel driver - bad choice effect - black screen all the time Luckily after restart Windows installed VGA so I could install Intel driver again UNinstalling and installing again Nvidia driver Finally tried to restore system to point before this digging in settings of driver Surprisingly - even this didn't help I'm desperate now Windows works but games - not That's not what I have paid for The only step I can think of now is reinstalling whole OS and starting everything from the very beginning But this is ultimately And no more DIGGING Have any clue how to solve it

A:NVidia GF GT 325M - black screen on high-requiring games

Hello VathRas, Welcome to the forums.

FYI - Just because no one has replied, does not mean the post has not been read,

First, Please fill in your system specs here System Specs

Second, don't use drivers from the CD, they don't always work.

Try downloading the latest from here Nvidia Geforce Drivers and install.

Thridly, let us know how you got on.

Lucky

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/100575-nvidia-gf-gt-325m-black-screen-high-requiring-games.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi
i am running the following specs on my computer and almost all my games (like nfs prostreet, assasins creed, guitar hero) run slow/stutter, even when i run them on absolutly low settings. but some games like portal runs fine!

Windows XP SP2
Intel P4 2.66 GHz
Nvidia 9600 GT 512 MB
2 GB DDR2 RAM
i think the problem is the processor, but i just wanna confirm before upgrading. i am on a 450W PSU, is it enough or that might be causing any prooblem. sometimes, even online games like ypool are stuttering just a tad bit....
if the processor is the problem, they i can buy a intel dual core 2.4 GHz, will it be fine?
please help me out with this.

i have attached my dxdiag file.

thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-running-slow-on-nvidia-9600-gt-please-confirm-problem.721293/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio with an NVidia GeForce Go 7400

When I attempt to run a game such as Sims 2 or Zoo Tycoon it comes up with...
" Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c comaptible graphics adapter in this system! Please make sure you have compatible graphics adapter and have installed latest drivers provided by the manufacturer."

I went to the NVidia site and it directed me to the Sony site where I picked up the latest driver but it doesn't change anything.

Any potential solutions welcome!

Thanks
Barry

A:DirectX Sony Vaio NVidia 7400 problem with Games

Have you tried reinstalling DirectX 9? You can download it HERE or you can install it online HERE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/directx-sony-vaio-nvidia-7400-problem-with-games.798753/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi I recently purchased a new Graphic Card Nvidia Geforce and ever since I've experienced random freezes and moments where it's drivers stopped working When the freeze happens and card NVIDIA causing New driver-crashes freezes It'll remain frozen until I reset the PC and if I've speakers on it'll blow out New NVIDIA card causing freezes and driver-crashes a nasty BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound The freezes appear to occur randomly It can go days without them and sometimes like now I had less then an hour inbetween In addition to that I quite frequently daily at least have my monitors go black and I get the quot Nvidia Drivers stopped working quot message If I'm lucky it'll revert back to a previous stage where it worked fine and all I've to do is reboot the programs i'm running If I'm unlucky it doesn't stop until i've pushed the reset button I don't know for sure that it's the new card causing it but considering the circumstances and the issues I'd say it is Before this card I ran AMD's without New NVIDIA card causing freezes and driver-crashes any issues I've already removed and reinstalled the Nvidia drivers and it didn't seem to help I'm running CPU Intel Core i New NVIDIA card causing freezes and driver-crashes k Sandy Bridge GB ram Gigabyte Z XP-UD MoBo Nvidia Geforce GTX Help amp suggestions are extremely appreciated Thanks in advance Lajz

A:New NVIDIA card causing freezes and driver-crashes

Install Driver Sweeper and DOWNLOAD but don't install the new driver from NVIDIA.
Control Panel > Uninstall Programs > Uninstall "NVIDIA PHYSX" and "NVIDIA 3D VISION".
Then reboot your computer, and dependig on what model/build it is, enter Safe Mode (In my computer keep pressing F2).
Go to Device Manager (Start > Search Bar > Device Manager) and click on the little arrow nect to the tab "Display Adaptors". It should list all the graphic card that you currently are using.
Right click on the graphics card and select uninstall. Make sure that the other box/es are UNCHECKED.
Before you reboot again, open Driver Sweeper and select the boxes marked "NVIDIA CHIPSET", "NVIDIA PHYSX" and "NVIDIA DISPLAY". Select "Clean", and when prompted o reboot, select "Yes".

Now once you've rebooted, your computer should recognize the graphics card again.
Reboot the computer once more, and after that you can install the new driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/243094-new-nvidia-card-causing-freezes-driver-crashes.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have recently updated my PC Pentium D Dual Core Gig Gig DDRII Dual-VSTA motherboard Omni Watt power GeForce Freezes nVidia 6800 128mb Game supply AGP nVidia Geforce x IDE hardDrive GIG GIG x system fans I used my AGP nVidia mb GeForce from my old system hence the need for the motherboard which supports DDRII dual core and AGP Every time a play a game Dark Messiah of M amp M Dawn of War Dark Reign K and Neverwinter Nights my pc freezes It can happen minutes in or mins in I cannot get out of it except to restart PC This is sending me crazy The pc runs fine in windows it only happens with games I have tested my memory with Microscope and found no problem I have been looking at threads about this and it talks about over heating of the graphics card I check the temp of card while playing and it seems fine The default clock speeds concern me though MHz GHz I read somewhere it should be alot lower than this Could it be power supply problems Should I flash the bios of the card Are there any bios setting to be aware of Could it be my cheaper motherboard I have benchmarked using Dmark nVidia 128mb GeForce 6800 Game Freezes and It handles well - I have run twice in quick succession and it handled fine Please HELP ME nbsp

A:nVidia 128mb GeForce 6800 Game Freezes

I'd think a power supply problem. That name "Omni" doesn't ring a bell; I'd guess it is sort of generic.
I'd recommend a PSU (Power Supply Unit) something like this:
Antec SmartPower 2.0 500W power supply
Hoping you get your problem fixed
--kitty
Edit: Oh yeah, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-128mb-geforce-6800-game-freezes.63512/
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer gets a black screen, then comes back to normal. Then a few minutes later the entire computer becomes unresponsive and I have to reset it.

-I already changed the Nvidia settings from adaptive to performance
-I also followed this guy's instruction on changing the registry : Disable nVidia Power Management / Power Saving - YouTube
-I uninstalled, cleaned registries, and did a clean install several times for the driver.

It still happens and I don't know what else to do.

Please help me :-/

A:Computer freezes after Nvidia driver stopped and recovered

Have you tried updating or reinstalling the drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304035-computer-freezes-after-nvidia-driver-stopped-recovered.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer will boot up and it will then freeze a few seconds or about a minute later I am on a family member s computer right now I installed a Nvidia driver and also Valve s program Steam to install Portal Steam and Portal worked fine After installing the drivers I needed to restart my computer for them to take effect I didn t restart in a while but then I had to unplug-replug something and so I had to restart my computer After restarting the computer spontaneously froze after startup and once during startup Safe mode did nothing different I tried a system restore but it froze in the middle I tried to uninstall the drivers manually but when I restarted the same problem occurred I am running Vista Ultimate I cannot remember the name of my Nvidia graphics card- I can t make it to the place where it gives the name of the card without my computer freezing I know that it was a GEForce and it also said nForce on the end I think please help the computer is important to my driver Nvidia after and Freezes game downloads download job nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezes-after-nvidia-driver-downloads-and-game-download.798284/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys,

My new nVIDIA GTX 560 Ti is running real weird, it quickly rises upto 45+ celsius (don't know if that's normal) and sometime it locks up my PC. I am running the latest nVIDIA driver, any help? It's not overclocked.

A:Random freezes & quick temeperature raise on nVIDIA GTX 560 Ti

Temps are fine, I have 2x 560ti's , mine idle at around 28c and hit 65-70 during gaming.

Not sure on the freezing so can't help you there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/229731-random-freezes-quick-temeperature-raise-nvidia-gtx-560-ti.html
Relevancy 45.58%

so after a Nvidia driver update, I restarted my PC to find that it would switch to windows basic after 1-2 minutes and I couldn't revert it, I tried re running WEI, uninstalling the drivers completely, basically everything I can find, even Regedit and services.msc. I tried to play games that used to run fine and they now stutter all the time and get a low FPS. rolling back the driver doesn't help and some fixes worked temporarily but needed to be reapplied every startup but now those don't work. Is there anything I'm missing?

A:Nvidia GTX970 aero unsupported error, games stutter frequently

Download the latest driver for your card from here and save it to your desktop or other convenient location. Uninstall your GPU through Device Manager then shut the PC down, remove the power card and remove the card from the PC, then reseat the card and reboot.

Install the latest driver you downloaded previously and you should be good to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/368559-nvidia-gtx970-aero-unsupported-error-games-stutter-frequently.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Is the 256MB nVidia GeForce 6800 good for playing video games? Does it cause lag?

A:Is the 256MB nVidia GeForce 6800 good for playing video games? Does it cause lag?

PCI-e or AGP? If PCI-e, get the 6800GS. It should handle every game on at least medium settings fast, mostly high.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-256mb-nvidia-geforce-6800-good-for-playing-video-games-does-it-cause-lag.46917/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello guys I've been having this problem for awhile since I'm still on Win I'm so frustrated that after I clean installed Win on my laptop the problem is still there The laptop is years old if that can help solving this problem and the problem happened just recently Already tried re-installing the newest driver with DDU and also tried reverting back to older driver but end up with the same problem Did opened the case to clean for dust and tried to play some games while the case isn't assembled and games running for a long time and didn't have the driver crash but crashing recovered N55S ASUS and Nvidia playing Driver while keep games on after the case assembled and awhile the problem Nvidia Driver keep crashing and recovered on ASUS N55S while playing games persist Tried using Furmark to check whether gpu overheating or anything Running the GPU stress test on x and x shows that the temperature goes above of c steadily from idle temperature idle c That's bad isn't it But in games the driver keep crashing and recovering on c mark does my gpu is overheating cause of the games Will changing my gpu thermal paste helped It's my last resort though nbsp Here some readings during the incident from GPU-Z As you can see graph stripes is the one where the problem occured The problem is reproducible so if the screenshot didn't help much I can try again Any input to solve this problem is welcome please assist me on what to do next Any help will be appreciated My Laptop Specs Windows Home Intel i - M ghz GB Ram Nvidia GT M GB Intel HD

A:Nvidia Driver keep crashing and recovered on ASUS N55S while playing games

Anybody?
Some guidance sure can help my next move.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123405/nvidia-driver-crashing-recovered-asus-n55s-playing-games.html
Relevancy 44.72%

will it be able to even play those? i hate nVIDIA because of they're "exclusivity" thing and cheating on dirvers ( and yes, nVIDAI cheated too, but not as bad).

will i be able to even play any future games that have the "NVIDIA: THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED" name on em?

and what about the EFFECTS DEMOS that use Cg?

Will they play on the 9800Pro?

cuz i'm getting one for the reason of revolting against nVIDIA (and cuz in tests it's SO Much faster) lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-ati-radeon-9800pro-play-nvidia-stuff-dawn-ogre-exclusive-games.177267/
Relevancy 44.72%

I like playing C&C Generals/ZH but on some big maps the game will freeze, sometimes unfreeze and carry on, other times I have to hit the 'reset' button to restart the puter.
I have a feeling it is the memory................this is because I have 2 x 512MB Corsair pc3200XL Pro (dual channel) and 1 x 512MB in the 1st slot, and the banks of led lights stay completely lit................not flickering with activity as normal.
Does this mean the memory is swamped with trying to keep up with the game ?
Would dropping the resolution down from 1280 x 960 (highest setting) and the highest details make much of a difference ?
Or, could it be due to something else ?
Gratefull for any thoughts...............

Relevancy 44.72%

My pc freezes while playing several games after playing it a while It gives no error or BSOD it just stops This happend in - Supreme Commander - Call of Duty Modern Warfare not in Black Ops - Guild Wars Apparently I already fixed the Guild Wars problem had to do something with rights But the same error in windows log occurs when the other games freeze And there seems to be no rights Freezes PC Games in issues My account is also the only account and it's admin In windows log it gives the following error times everytime it happens PC Freezes in Games - System - Provider Name atapi - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime PC Freezes in Games - - T Z EventRecordID Channel System Computer Pim-PC PC Freezes in Games Security - EventData Device Ide IdePort B C C -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaire gegevens In woorden C B C In bytes B C C -----------------------END-------------------- To resolve this problem and I'm trying to resolve it for weeks now Ive done Re nstalling the games amp Windows Used several benchmarking programs to see if there is faulty hardware none Used several driver softwares to see the status of the drives like driver detective etc gives much feedback like old wrond or missing dirves but I can't fix anything beqause I need to pay for subscription hell freezes over sooner then that happens I also can't fix the drives manually beqause I know nothing about it and I did my research about it It just doesn't get in my head I also tested the DvD drive by deplugging it And did the same with the graphics card an all memory stick No results All Temperatures are normal So I seek help please Many thanks in advance Pim

A:PC Freezes in Games

I had a freeze problem a while back, turned out to be the motherboard was bad. Then I had BSODs, turned out to be drivers. Don't bother with 'Driver Detector' and all that crud that they want you to pay for, go to the actual manufacturers websites for drivers. Just for hoots, try disabling your onboard sound in the BIOS and see what happens. up to date Realtek drivers are important if you are using onboard LAN or sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138175-pc-freezes-games.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok, I need some help. =) Big time.

On my old cpu I played my favorite games, NFS most wanted and CS. Life was glorious.

Then I bought a whole new computer. BUT the same graphics-card. So I reinstalled windows Xp pro SP2 Eng. Now my games freezes. The wierd thing is, that not all games seems to freeze. Nfs most wanted, Counter Strike, Battle for middle earth, they freeze. But Splinter Cell and King Kong for instance, works fine!?

Sometimes it takes 20 minutes before it crashes, sometimes 20 seconds. And yes, I have tried several different drivers for both my Graphics and audio. Newest directX as well yea. And yes, I've tried to uninstall Norton Antivirus.

Help me out please.

It's a:
Intel P4 3.0Ghz
1 GB Ram
Asus P4S800D-X motherboard with onboard audio
Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT 128Mb
Windows Xp SP2

Thanks....

A:All my games freezes

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Have you checked for and installed any updates for
DirectX9.0c
chipset drivers
video drivers
ide/inf drivers
audio drivers
etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-my-games-freezes.46082/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all I'm new to this forum Before I start here is my system spec Intel - K GHz Cooler Master Hyper Asus Z -A ATX x Kingston Fury GB RAM GB SSD Crucial BX Windows installed here not activated Segate Barracude TB HD Games installed here MSI GeForce GTX G Twin PC during freezes games Froz XFX XTR W Fully Modular ATX power supply TP-Link wireless card Fractal Design R case BenQ p monitor LG p Monitor The problem is my pc will freeze up during a game so that the image will remain there the sound will stop and the mouse pointer will not move Even ctrl alt del does not do anything a hard reset is required This can happen during any of my games Games I've tried are City Skyline FireWatch Deponia Team Fortress Portal Half-Life The system can freeze after PC freezes during games as long as a couple of hours of gameplay or like five minutes in It depends on the intensity of the game I guess City Skylines seems to be the game that causes my system to freeze the most At first I though it was the Graphics card so I replaced that but the problem is still there I've updates all the drivers but again it's still there I've look through other peoples questions but I haven't been able to find a solution I will say this is the first time I've build my machine and yes I am a noob I'm not sure what I should be looking for but any help will be amazing Thanks in advance PM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezes-during-games-1101666.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So as the title says my PC freezes in SOME games (Crysis 2, Max Payne 3)

After 5-10 minutes of playing my computer freezes, black screen, sound buzzing and i have to do hard reset.

Here is my configuration:

Intel Core2Quad 2.53
Ram 4gb ddr3 1600mhz
Graphic: Ati radeon HD5750(VTX)
PSU: Gigatech 550w (i think that my psu is main reason for freezing)

My drivers are updated, bios flashed, i ve done everything, there's no way that something is wrong with software. I've also tried to instal another OS, but problem is still there. My ingame max temperature of GPU is 63 c?, processor 55c?.

A:PC freezes ONLY in games

Lets see what the voltages look like for the 12v, 5v, 3,3v rails.
Use Hardware Monitor run it in the background and play a game for a bit, the HWM window will(providing the motherboard sensors are compliant) show the high, low and current values.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezes-only-in-games-650658.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i'm having problems during games, everytime i try to play them my pc just freezes and i have to reset. sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes an hour. i already tested my videocard, tried my memory in every slot available and tested is with memtest, the temperatures are ok, i checked the cooling of my cpu, even put new thermal paste on it, tried another hard disk, but it doesn't help. i was trying to find a solution on this forum when i saw someone who had the same problem and changed the power supply, which fixed it. now i'm wondering how i can check if my power supply is the problem, or maybe something else i didn' think of.
does anyone have any idea?!??!?
i have an asus a7v333 motherboard, with 512MB RAM, AMD Athlon 1666Mhz, and an ATI Radeon 9550V videocard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-during-games-27693.html