Windows Support Forum

"The card supplied was not recognized..." Login issue w/ Aircard in PC-Card slot

Q: "The card supplied was not recognized..." Login issue w/ Aircard in PC-Card slot

"The card supplied was not recognized. Please check that the card is inserted correctly, and tightly."

I ran some updates on an employee's computer and now when I start it up, I receive this error if the aircard is in the PC Card slot. I understand it's misinterpreting it as being a security card or whatever the case may be but I don't understand why or how to remedy it.

Anyone with a similar experience or that can shine a guiding light?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "The card supplied was not recognized..." Login issue w/ Aircard in PC-Card slot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "The card supplied was not recognized..." Login issue w/ Aircard in PC-Card slot

What are some other good tech support sites? I work in IT myself and don't use forums for them nearly as much as I should.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-card-supplied-was-not-recognized-login-issue-w-aircard-in-pc-card-slot.659596/
Relevancy 110.94%

Looking for usb or serial external PCMCIA type ll slot.

Now what im tring to do, is...

I currently use my cell phone with a data cable to connect to any computer as a modem. then i can dial out using a special service from alltel called Acess mobile link (slightly higher speeds than regular dialup and this eliminates the middle man and i have unlimited data download) Anyways... they also offer a PC card for type ll slots (common on laptops not on PCs) witch is setup to basicaly do the same thing that my cellphone is doing only i can not find any thing that would allow me to use the card with out having a type ll slot. ANYTHING would be nice. like a "usb adapter" would be nice, or even an "external type ll slot".

Any ideas besides "buying a laptop" would be nice

A:"Wireless PC card" adapter? USB or External type ll slot or ANYTHING

Not sure if I am understanding your right or not....

But would something like THIS do the trick?

It'll give you a type II PCMCIA slot in the back of your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-pc-card-adapter-usb-or-external-type-ll-slot-or-anything.33144/
Relevancy 99.33%

I've had my HKC 21.6" monitor for over a year now, and i've been using it with my PC at 1920 x 1080 with no problems.
However, two days ago the screen suddenly went black and displayed the message "Out of Range". I've had to drop the resolution to 1680 x 1050 in order to see anything.

I've tested the monitor with the same VGA cable but with a different computer - this worked fine, so i'm assuming it's something to do with my computer.
I've tried reinstalling my video drivers, but this had no effect. My card is an ATi Radeon HD 5770, haven't had any problems with it before.

Obviously this is pretty irritating since anything other than the native resolution tends to look ugly.

Any help appreciated

A:Monitor displays "Out of Range" at 1080p (graphics card issue?)

Best thing I can advise is. Grab the latest WHQL ATI and CCC drivers.

before installing, uninstall your ati drivers in safe mode and your monitor from device manager.

Boot into normal mode and install the drivers. Make sure in setting you take off check for only display resolutions this monitor can handle,,, ok give it a shot.. let us know.. gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-displays-out-of-range-at-1080p-graphics-card-issue.172431/
Relevancy 98.9%

Basically it comes on with these two boxes over everything...games.....music....typing....everything it doesn't matter what..

System specs:

GF8200a motherboard
amd athlon 64X2 2.5 ghz
2gb ram 800hz
2 160gb hd
idt onboard sound
All drivers are up to date and i reformatted and installed xp 3 times and it keeps happening

/http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/zilliak/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg&newest=1

A:XP problem or graphics card.. "never heard of issue"

http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/zilliak/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg&newest=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-problem-or-graphics-card-never-heard-of-issue.136572/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi Yall So I have successfully I think installed my new Radeon R quot low profile quot graphics card on my Dell Optiplex nbsp I plugged it in the motherboard started up the computer then went to Device Manager to update the drivers--which I did nbsp Side note Ever since plugging the graphics card into the motherboard some tasks like starting programs or starting windows take - X as long as they used to nbsp Anyhow it then asked for a restart which I did nbsp The computer still took extra long to start any program and when I plugged the monitor into the graphics card all I got was a black screen nbsp Take two nbsp I then read that I should have uninstalled my current graphics driver Intel integrated HD graphics before I installed my new graphics card but failing this I could uninstall my old graphics card and change card. the graphics screen Dell card 9020. Black into on the I R7 when 250 Just plug Radeon Optiplex Help! "installed" my monitor the default graphics card in the bios nbsp I uninstalled the old card and went to the bios but could not change the default can t remember exactly what it called it graphics controller or something nbsp I could see that intel HD graphics was still the default this is after uninstalling intel HD graphics and Just "installed" Radeon R7 250 graphics card on my Dell Optiplex 9020. Black screen when I plug the monitor into the card. Help! then restarting but could find no way to change this nbsp Supposedly dell will make the switcheroo on its own but it doesn t seem to have nbsp Take three nbsp Next I physically removed the graphics card restarted the computer then physically inserted the graphics card again then started the computer again no I did not insert the card while the computer was on nbsp I m not sure what else to try nbsp The computer still starts programs exceedingly slowly and still gives me a black screen when I try to plug the monitor into the graphics card--which the computer recognizes as existing in the Device Manager nbsp What is more the Intel HD graphics card that I uninstalled appears to have reinstalled itself as it is now visible again in the Device Manager plus it has the little control program accessible from the quot hidden icons quot popup menu off of the toolbar in the lower right-hand corner nbsp I can t help but think that if I could get the bios to prefer the radeon card I d be set--but I don t see an option for this nbsp Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996940
Relevancy 97.18%

Hey folks My first post on here but I problem card failure a sound "meddling"... boot just "beep" tone. after Desktop m in serious trouble Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone. I got a quot new quot to me anyway desktop running XP today and found the audio hardware wasn t working So I pillaged an old machine for its sound card and inserted that onto the motherboard Also connected the Aux and CD lines to the top of the daughterboard Since then to my horror the machine has failed to boot All plugged in keyboard working screen on and being used on another box for this very post All I get now is the usual chirps from the internal soundcard followed by a few very low notes definitely depressing so I guess they re suggesting something s failed There s no further action from the CPU the fan still works but there is no screen output whatever Have I fried the motherboard without realising Also ironically the last failure tone was delivered by my speakers through the originally non-responsive audio hardware I d love a bit of help on this one because my knowledge of computers insidey bits is pretty poor Many thanks Joe nbsp

A:Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-boot-problem-after-sound-card-meddling-just-a-beep-failure-tone.666097/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a Compaq Presario 6000 and run WinXP. I bought an ATI 9200 Radeon AGP Graphics Accelerator. Physically I could install the card, but the instructions say to remove the "old" graphics card first. I do not see a card in the slots, so is it OK to just delete/disable the Pro Savage Card in Device Manager, put the new ATI card in the slot and install the software and it should work??

A:Deleting/disabling "old" video card & installing ATI 9200 Radeon card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-disabling-old-video-card-installing-ati-9200-radeon-card.286760/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi and THANKS for being there This is primarily a term definition question I don t find any clear answer in my user s guide I ve got this terrific TV card "Overlay" explain TV "Preview" Solved: is mode versus what card: installed very fancy very feature-rich I ve got this terrific add-on AGP card installed very fancy very feature-rich But I m thinking that s beside the point It s a nVidia Geforce FX This TV Tuner Capture card dates back a ways bought it for my old Windows Millennium machine and I remember that it worked just GREAT It has the brand name quot Brooktree quot but that might just Solved: TV card: explain what is "Overlay" versus "Preview" mode be the chipset or something Anyway I abandoned the TV add-on when I upgraded to a newer Windows XP machine in early I couldn t find the right driver though it worked pretty fairly with the old driver for most TV stations it didn t work perfectly I ditched it at the time I recently visited driverguide com and searched diligently and finally did find a perfect driver for that TV card for XP I am sure it is the latest and best driver available so that is not even an issue Since I no longer subscribe to cable I can use this old card to watch only channel as output by my VCR The card also has FM radio which works great Here s the thing A very itty-bitty teensy slight snag When I initiate the TV Tuner it always starts up in what they call quot Preview mode quot There is sound but no picture No problem I just tell it to go into the alternate mode quot Overlay mode quot and everything is fine I don t understand why this is Anyone care to enlighten me What distinguishes those two alternate quot modes quot The user s guide is light on explaining such things I m just curious and maybe I can save a step ooh my poor finger There is a little configuration utility for the TV card and I selected quot nVidia Geforce MX quot which is the newest they include on the drop-down menu but I swear I can tell it quot Standard AGP quot and the same little snag occurs I understand almost everything about my GeForce FX graphics card and software but perhaps not everything Their software uses the term quot overlay quot at times but I m thinking it s a totally different use of the term Well I suppose it s pretty far-fetched that anyone on this forum can decipher what is the differentiation Hell everything is so so complex these days A mixed blessing no doubt But if you have some light to shed I welcome it Thanx again nbsp

A:Solved: TV card: explain what is "Overlay" versus "Preview" mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-tv-card-explain-what-is-overlay-versus-preview-mode.864045/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello folks I have an HP Pavillion model a c running XP Media Center Edition version with SP installed I had an issue with the system recognizing my DVD drives so I ran the CDGONE regedit utility to get the system to recognize my DVD drives All is well with the DVD drives now but I can not use the memory slots on the front of the system Whenever I insert my SD card the system does not recognize it The SD card works fine on other systems I am able to see memory sticks that are inserted into the USB ports without issue if this matters Anyone know what might be causing this issue Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version recognized SD XP on slot card not Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Goldfish xx X Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials SD card slot not recognized on XP Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

quot no audio device "No -- sound playback card "no "no device" -- audio found" was device" quot quot no playback device quot quot No Sound Card was found quot ok I m stuck puzzled I recently had a professional computer fix it company wipe my computer and now I do not have any "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" sound I do not have even the little icon "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" on the bottom left hand corner "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" to turn volume up or down My keyboard does not allow me to turn the volume up or down it seems unresponsive to volume but does light up on the screen showing VOLUME but of course there is no volume I am computer illiterate and thirsty for answers Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Media Center Edition Version Service Pack System Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model Enclosure Type Desktop RC AA-ABA a n BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Volume indicates quot no sound quot and Device Volume is all the way to LOW and everything is GREY and untouchable unchangeable Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Audio indicates quot no playback devices quot on Sound Playback Sound recording is working fine as I use skype many times but I can not hear the other party but they can hear me just fine Starting with the BIOS I went into Audio and made sure this was enabled it was downloaded installed Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio and downloaded installed REALTEK AC Audio the DEVICE MANAGER gt system speaker says there are no drivers installed for this device Device Manager shows NO yellow flags DEVICE MANAGER gt Sound video and game controllers has gt ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA gt Audio Codecs gt Legacy Audio Codecs gt Legacy Video Capture Devices gt Media Control Devices gt USB Audio Device gt Video Codecs Checking all hardware reveals that all devices Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Devices Media Control Devices etc are working properly I have tried the Windows XP trouble shooting menus without success I have RUN gt typed in quot services msc then checked Windows Audio gt General verified that Start up type is quot Automatic quot and even gt Windows Audio gt Restart the Service on all failures yet still no sound I have checked the speakers and it seems like there is noise static coming out but i can only hear it if earplugs are plugged in so it seems that the connection is fine after RUN gt typing in quot dxdiag quot DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL gt Sound it reads under notes quot No sound card was found If one is expected you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer quot This is where I get fuzzy and lost Do I need a new sound card installed Is that the problem I would be grateful for any advice that could be offered Please speak in laymans terms and explain in detail your directions Thank you kindly nbsp

A:"No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found"

STLj said:

<snip>
after RUN>
typing in "dxdiag"
DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL>Sound
it reads under notes,
"No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer".

This is where I get fuzzy and lost. Do I need a new sound card installed? Is that the problem?Click to expand...

That dxdiag "no sound card" message is misleading as I've found it says that if no driver OR sound card. I think you're missing the right driver

Also, it would seem from your post you have High Definition (HD) audio. Which means you'll need to find the right High Definition audio driver. (AC97 pre-dates HD audio so the Realtek AC97 couldn't be right)

Try starting on the HP support website HERE and enter your model number or they have a button where they'll try to identify your product and drivers for your model. They should list an HD audio driver there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-no-playback-device-no-sound-card-was-found.177518/
Relevancy 94.17%

I inserted my SD card from my camera into the SD card slot of my laptop, but it is not listed as a drive!! How can it get this to work? Any ideas?

A:SD card slot not being recognized as a drive

Hi vtgram,
Thanks for posting.
Here is some information that can help you get your SD Card reader working again.
Hope this helps. 
Regards,Robert

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983098
Relevancy 93.31%

My printer's memory card slot isn't recognized by my computer. I am running Vista. Can anyone help with this. I contacted the printer's tech support and they tried but said it was a Microsoft problem.

A:Memory card slot not recognized on printer

Welcome sannallett,
Sounds like a tech support answer. What is the Brand and Model of the printer?
In Device Manager under your Printer is there a notification sign?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268942-memory-card-slot-not-recognized-printer.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I am upgrading an older Hp m8000. Already put a brand new Corsair 750 watt PSU in it and it still wont recognise any of the 3 pci-e video cards I have tried. I have already went into the bios and changed the videos settings to pci-e and still nothing. Is there only certain video cards that are compatible with this thing or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Video-Card-not-recognized-in-PCI-Express-x16-slot/td-p/5612299
Relevancy 92.02%

I disable PCI Express slot in Computer Setup -- Security -- Slot Security on BIOS. I doesn't know that my onboard card wasn't working, and now,  machine doesn't start, machine beeps 6 times (video card error). I can't access the bios. I try reset CMOS, removing the Green Jumper, removing the battery, press CMOS button for 10 seconds, press power button (to remove remain energy. But nothing this works. Someone can help me? How i can reactivate PCI Express x16 ?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Video Card not recognized in PCI-Express x16 - Slot Security

Hi: If your onboard video adapter doesn't work, and resetting the CMOS doesn't work, you can try putting the PCI express x16 video card you have now into the white PCIe x4 slot (the white video card slot next to the black PCIe x16 slot), and see if you can get into the BIOS to change the PCI x 16 setting.  It might work in the x4 slot. If that doesn't work either, then you will have to install a PCI video card (one that goes into one of the white PCI slots) and use that to get into the BIOS so you can change the settings to enable the PCIe x16 slot. So, see if you can find a cheap, used, PCI video card on eBay, and that should allow you to have video again. You also need to make sure you have removed all connections from the PC when you reset the CMOS (all cables, power cord, mouse, monitor, etc). 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Video-Card-not-recognized-in-PCI-Express-x16-Slot-Security/td-p/5625776
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi:

I installed Win7 32 and Win7 64 on partitions "C" and "D" respectively. I have deleted Win32 and have unallocated space. I want to know if there is a way to move the "D" partition to the unallocated space and still have it bootable.

A:How to move "D" partition" to "C" partiion slot

When you boot into Win64, you should see it designated as "C" -- as that is the default drive letter for the Windows native OS partition.

The bigger problem is that, if the boot loader was in the old "C" partition, it's gone now, and unless you have either a Win7 install DVD, or you made a Win7 Repair CD, you will not be able to boot Win7.

If you can't get into Win7, you can purchase a Win7 Repair CD image from the following link and make a bootable CD from it: Windows 7 Recovery Disk and Repair Disc Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327353-how-move-d-partition-c-partiion-slot.html
Relevancy 89.01%

ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" Can anyone help me with this error message? I can hear the windows startup sound but it shows no display so i plugged the cable into the motherboad and an error box opend wich stated "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" with no additional information. I searched online and found that asus smart doctor can cause this and they recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers to fix this problem but the pc is not picking up the graphics card to reinstall all the needed drivers. I also found people with the same problem and after they did a clean install of windows7/vista and all the drivers the error box still appeared. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD"

Do you have the PCIe set as first to initialize in the BIOS? Also, have you tried the card in another slot on the MoBo? Have you tried cleaning out the slot with canned air? Have you tried using a pencil eraser to gently clean the contacts in the GPU where it plugs into the PCIe?

And please, thoroughly fill out your System Specs by clicking on the tab under your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228579-asus-gt240-graphics-card-error-can-not-find-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 88.58%

HARD! I get prompted with "the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed" on almost a quarter of my fleet of laptops at this point, and I've only been able to fix the issue with one of them. I ran a series of commands in the command prompt and a n equal amount of work within Active Directory, so i'm not sure exactly what fix did it. The only work around for the laptops still affected is to login while disconnected from the internet (I run wifi and ether), log in (which works, given the prior step), then to enable the internet access again once you're in. Only then will the damned things recognize the network, albeit over an "unauthenticated" connection. If anyone has experienced something similar and might know of a perma fix, i'd be extremely gracious and all ears.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-trust-relationship-windows-7-login-issue-has-hit-me.1168387/
Relevancy 86.43%

If my motherboard currently has an intigrated graphics card, but has a PCI-E slot, do I need to do anything special after inserteing my graphics card and installing the drivers, or should it just work right away?

A:How do you switch from an integrated graphics card to an "external" graphics card?

Most modern PCs will detect the new installation of the PCI graphics card and automatically disable the onboard graphics, so yes it should just work.

If for some reason you have problems, you may have to make a change in the bios, I cannot be more specific because each bios is different depending on manufacturer, and model of the motherboard.

Install the card, connect your monitor to it and boot up, when you get into Windows install the driver and reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-switch-from-an-integrated-graphics-card-to-an-external-graphics-card.922726/
Relevancy 86%

My Windows login and logout sounds have stopped working. I went to the control panal and checked in the "sounds" and the login sound worked when I tested it there plus I checked the sound mixer and all sliders are active and pulled up. What could be the problem? All other sounds are working?

RBG

A:Windows "Login" and "Logout" sound stopped working

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

line 211 left hand side

211. Restore Startup and Shutdown Sounds

hope it helps

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-login-and-logout-sound-stopped-working.709811/
Relevancy 85.57%

I manage the Networks for several companies remotely and not all users are computer friendly enough to know both their username and password, only their Password. So, when doing maintenance and I log on to a PC as an administrator or other user I will often
get a call the next day that their "password is not working" because it is using the last logged on user, which this time is me.

Is it possible in any way to set either a default domain user, or set it to a most often logged on model instead of the current last user or the alternative of prompting for user name every time?

ijerry

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/db8a182c-a93e-490e-ba99-dbe636d445ef/changing-from-a-quotlast-user-to-loginquot-to-quotdefault-userquot-login-prompt-model?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 85.14%

I'm on my second Ideapad - ISK having returned the first because of USB and SD card slot problems nbsp but nbsp this one nbsp still has similar issues They were bought from 510-15ISK USB Ideapad card issue 3 and SD slot different PC World stores They came with Windows pre-installed and latest updates have been applied automatically nbsp Things seem fine with the USB port on the left-hand side of the laptop The right-hand-side Ideapad 510-15ISK USB 3 and SD card slot issue USB port is distinctly unreliable and so is the SD card slot My OCZ SSD in a caddy just would not work it would be recognised initially cause a long pause and eventually I would get an error saying the device had malfunctioned and was not recognised Plug it into the left-hand-side USB port and it would come up straight away The drive is now corrupted but I am working on recovering it nbsp I'm currently sitting here with an Express Duo GB USB memory stick plugged in which drops nbsp out and nbsp comes back again nbsp every minute or two unpredictably then stays OK for a while There is a wireless mouse plugged in to the USB port and I have no trouble with that I just plugged in and SD card nbsp it has dropped out and come back nbsp once while I was accessing it a couple of minutes ago fortunately while reading not writing Oops there it goes again nbsp It's been suggested that nbsp these problems nbsp may be something to do with the internal USB hub drivers but when I try updating the driver it says they are up-to-date My wife is fed up with it and says I should buy HP Any suggestions before this too goes back for a full refund nbsp nbsp That is assuming I can get it to misbehave in the shop as the memory stick has now been fine for minutes

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-510-15ISK-USB-3-and-SD-card-slot-issue/td-p/3428783
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello Today I put my computer to sleep and returned about minutes later to start it back up My computer's power light and fans came on and tried to start up repeatedly but after the computer tried around five times it made a long beep followed by two short beeps I PCI-E Issue Slot Graphics Boot-up Card/ On looked up Graphics Card/ PCI-E Slot Issue On Boot-up the type of issue those beeps meant for my motherboard and it was a video error I found that when removing my GeForce GT from my PCI-E slot and plugging my monitor directly into the integrated graphics card everything works fine It booted up and had to reinstall the new drivers for the GeForce Integrated but everything worked fine I figured that meant my graphics card or RAM was broken so I took it to my closest computer repair store They tested the power supply to see if it was supplying enough power to the card and it passed They also tested the RAM and the graphics card to see if they were broken but they both passed They told me to either leave it with them for a week or just use the integrated graphics which of course stubborn me chose to take it home for now I am willing to leave it at the store if necessary and I also have a compatible motherboard in mind that I could buy if that will solve the issue but before I make any actions I figured I would take advantage of these forums and hold out on using the different card for a week or so The type of computer I have is a Gateway GT and it is less than two years old I upgraded the graphics card with the GeForce GT the sound card and the power supply to a watt If anyone has had a problem like this or knows how I can diagnose my issue please help It is much appreciated I miss being able to have my computer screen on my monitor AND my TV

A:Graphics Card/ PCI-E Slot Issue On Boot-up

Quote: Originally Posted by Menutra

Hello,

Today I put my computer to sleep and returned about 30 minutes later to start it back up. My computer's power light and fans came on and tried to start up repeatedly but after the computer tried around five times, it made a long beep followed by two short beeps. I looked up the type of issue those beeps meant for my motherboard and it was a video error. I found that when removing my GeForce 8800 GT from my PCI-E slot and plugging my monitor directly into the integrated graphics card everything works fine. It booted up and had to reinstall the new drivers for the GeForce 1650 (Integrated), but everything worked fine. I figured that meant my graphics card or RAM was broken, so I took it to my closest computer repair store. They tested the power supply to see if it was supplying enough power to the card and it passed. They also tested the RAM and the graphics card to see if they were broken, but they both passed. They told me to either leave it with them for a week or just use the integrated graphics (which of course stubborn me chose to take it home for now). I am willing to leave it at the store if necessary and I also have a compatible motherboard in mind that I could buy if that will solve the issue, but before I make any actions I figured I would take advantage of these forums and hold out on using the different card for a week or so.

The type of computer I have is a Gateway GT5662 and it is less than two years old. I upgraded the graphics card with the GeForce 8800 GT, the sound card, and the power supply to a 500 watt. If anyone has had a problem like this or knows how I can diagnose my issue please help! It is much appreciated! I miss being able to have my computer screen on my monitor AND my TV

Could you have a look if in the Power Plan Management, the PCI-E slots are not set to lower powering?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/87064-graphics-card-pci-e-slot-issue-boot-up.html
Relevancy 84.28%

how to check my pcie slot working or not. When i inserted nvidia Gforce 9500gt it is not detecting my mother board (Asus M2N VM HDMI ) but graphics cards fan is working. then how can i identifies the slot is faulty or not. Is their any changes to be done in the bios. Please help me. My processor is AMD Phenom 9550 and 3Gb DDR2 ram is inserted.

A:PCI-E slot issue or any changes to be done in BIOS to detect my graphics card

You do need to go into BIOS and disable the onboard video card in order for one plugged into a PCI slot to work. That is most likely your problem.

There are diagnostic cards that you can plug in to test your motherboard such as the one at this site:

http://www.pc-diagnostics.com/pc_diagnostics_tools/flippost_isa_pci_bus.shtml

You also might call nearby computer stores to see if they have the equipment there and will run the diagnostic for you if you bring in your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-e-slot-issue-or-any-changes-to-be-done-in-bios-to-detect-my-graphics-card.174123/
Relevancy 82.99%

my screen goes blank when i start playing rigs of rods (not when its loading) and i cant figure out what the problem is, overheating, hardware malfunction. it dos'nt have a fan the video card is a nVidia gforce fx 5200 the computer works fine unless i'm trying to play games. I did install a chassis fan to prevent overheating
details
-Intel Celeron CPU 2.60GHz
- 265 MB of ram
Windows Xp Home edition S.P 3 version 2002
Quote"Killing someone is murder after that it's just stastics" joseph stalin

A:Video card "quits" when playing a game (Rigs of rods)

Get more ram and upgrade your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-quits-when-playing-a-game-rigs-of-rods.145498/
Relevancy 82.99%

I plugged my laptop into an integra receiver via HDMI port multiple ports and with the receiver on the right device port and connected to a tv or a projector and I get no audio out of the HDMI port only Video Video works great The laptop is an alienware laptop on Windows port Graphics and in" Nvidia "cable plugged card HDMI Not says upgraded from Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" windows purchased November of The HDMI would transfer audio and video in windows intermittently for a year or two However I had to turn the tv receiver and computer on in a specific order and eventually approximately hour of doing Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" this each time I wanted audio I'd get the audio over the HDMI cable until I shut down I've been on windows now for a while and never have gotten the HDMI audio to work I kinda gave up but would like to use my laptop now to play movies to my new epson k projector and am unable to get audio to work at Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" all Video is phenomenal The HDMI port shows up in the device manager under sound devices However constantly shows quot Cable not plugged in quot whether the cable is or is not plugged in It's an older Geforce card - wanna say it's a Geforce Also has an intel graphics adapter as well I've done all the nvidia updates windows updates I've gone so far as removing the sound adapters and rebooting removing the graphics adapters and letting them reinstall The HDMI audio port always comes back with quot Cable Not plugged in quot It's staring me in the face constantly I kinda gave up and switched to broadcasting using Chromecast which works o k but it's streaming it over chrome on my home network and I feel a direct connect via HDMI would have less buffering and less latency and best quality audio video Any suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66810-nvidia-graphics-card-hdmi-port-says-cable-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I recently purchased a T3620, and I tried to replace the original one (NVidia Quadro K2200) with  low end one - NVidia nvs 295. I found I cannot get video output after power on. I put the K2200 back and it works again. I tried other old cards and none work. The cards are confirmed to be working themselves on other machines.

So  the question is: It now seems that T3620 can only use the cards in the configuration list. But why T3620 cannot use other cards fitting the same spec -- PCIE 2.0 x16, no extra power supply?  If I recall the old Dell workstations, they can use all kind of video cards, as long as interface is compatible. Is there white list in the BIOS to prevent other type of video card to start?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19983680
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey all I have a wweeeiiird problem It started with that my screen looked all messed up after booting up once past the win xp logo when Can't card it video resources" "not driver, says manager install enough in ANY device the video card driver kicks in i suppose It looked like horisontal lines all over the Can't install ANY video card driver, it says "not enough resources" in device manager screen not moving frozen and i had to restart Once restarted everything worked fine This happened a few times two or three i think But finally it didnt help to restart so i started up in safe mode and uninstalled my video card I actually removed the card ati radeon pro and put in my old one d prophet just to be sure nothing happened to my expencive radon card Then it worked booting up normally XP found the card and tried to install it It didnt work properly it said So I had a look in the device manager There I found that the AGP bridge to pci or something had one Can't install ANY video card driver, it says "not enough resources" in device manager of those yellow bad-signs on it Two other devices also under quot system devices quot named quot PCI Standard PCI-to-PCI bridge quot had the same yellow sign Looking under properties it says this quot This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system quot I uninstalled the Can't install ANY video card driver, it says "not enough resources" in device manager AGP bridge whatever that one was called so that one isnt in the list of system devices any more Now its just two of the other type I mentioned above I ve tried to find info about this problem by surfing around but I haven t found anything or at least anything that I understand But it seems that I might need to upgrade my bios But i don t know Anywhoo I m SOO tired of surfing and working with no driver to my video card it takes forever to just scroll a webpage So I would be enooormously grateful for any help My specs Windows XP sp ABIT NF AMD MB DDR MHz GB hdd Ati Radeon Pro usually right now kyro II d prophet some cd-burner nbsp

A:Can't install ANY video card driver, it says "not enough resources" in device manager

Hey man

Hey...

Lol, this comes from runnig a Ati card on a Nvidia nForce chipset! no just kidding ...
Anyway seems like you screwed windows up beyond recognition :blackeye: ....]
There is an easy solution and a difficult one..
The easiest way to fix your problem and establish if you don't have any other combinations of problems is:
1) Find a loan hard drive to reinstall a fresh copy of windows with your new display card inside, or plunge right into it and reinstall windows on your current HD... remember to install the nForce drivers before anything else. While you at it remove any other pci cards that might be the cause of your problems.
2) If your PC crashes during the reinstallation you definately have a hardware problem, try your original display card again.
3) If you have two ram modules, remove one, test, swop them, test.
4) If your problem persists after this I recommend testing the card on another pc... if available. It could be a faulty display card...
5) I presume your pc worked fine before the new display cards installation.
6) If the display card works on another pc you have a compatibility issue (very nasty) on your hands, take it to a pc vendor near you to sort it out.

Good luck!....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-any-video-card-driver-it-says-not-enough-resources-in-device-manager.18936/
Relevancy 82.99%

With how my computer appears presently I'm surprised I was even able to register at this site Code 43, "BlueScreen". driver card NVIDIA video ...not working..? Before I start I will tell you all that the graphical error I am experiencing cannot be screen-captured When I do the Image looks like how the monitor is intended to appear Windows Ultimate -bit Dell-Latitude D a laptop What I see when I start up my pooter is horizontal green bars or occasionally vertical purple bars If it happens to start up normally I see well normal graphics and then after a minute or two a blue screen with an error message that I cannot read it dissapears too fast sorry no tengo camera I get this error if I turn it on again Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP C A BCP FFFF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product NVIDIA video card driver ...not working..? Code 43, "BlueScreen". My video card drivers NVIDIA cuadro NVS m I have updated an re-installed them times it doesn't help When I look at device manager It says quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot Can anybody help me Any response is appreciated thanks in advance I'm not sure if I was thorough enough on information I guess you can ask for a bit of info on somin' and I will try to find it

A:NVIDIA video card driver ...not working..? Code 43, "BlueScreen".

Have you tried going to dell.com for the video drivers ?

Dells are very picky, try the drivers right from the site.

http://www.dell.com/support/my-suppo...ef=tntredirect

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/311236-nvidia-video-card-driver-not-working-code-43-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium "Black new a inhstalling card, after power supply Screen" SP1, and graphics Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Stepping Processor "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled This "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply has happened times - once while I was only watching a video online ahnd twice when I d play The Sims The screen goes back and it just restarts When the computer would restart I d receive the quot unexpected shutdown quot error but the computer will run smoothly until I do something that wills trigger it to happen again I have two of the error logs Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA A E BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA DDDB B BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml As I recently installed three notable things I m not sure exactly which is the problem but I assume the graphics because in Action Center these events are listed under quot Address a problem with NVIDIA Graphics Driver quot where it had apparently stopped working Please help me out nbsp

A:"Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-inhstalling-sp1-a-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.985632/
Relevancy 82.99%

I just received a SCM Smart Card Reader/Writer, model SCR201, and it will not start on my computer. I put it in my wife's Gateway, and it works fine. Main difference is she has IE6, and i have IE7. Any help on this one? I already tried installing the driver from the manufacturer, which was of course to no avail. Now it won't let me roll-back to the previous "Windows Driver".

A:PCMCIA Smart Card Reader "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcmcia-smart-card-reader-this-device-cannot-start-code-10.548453/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I've just solved a backup strategy problem and I want to share it in case it / backup + card "big" strategy at Laptop home drive hard SD anywhere could be useful If you think it's not that good consider closing or deleting this post - I use my laptop in many circumstances office my home other homes etc Sometimes with internet access sometimes not I can't feel safe with only one hard drive running but laptops with bays are big and hard to find if you want to set a RAID mirroring solution I Laptop backup strategy / SD card anywhere + "big" hard drive at home don't want to carry external hard drive every where even if they could be small But I have one or two hard drives available when I'm at my office or home When I'm not there I could rely on a USB key or SD card inserted in my laptop anytime to faike a mirroring But of course it's too small to backup all I want it has to be differential So here is my solution build on powershell and robocopy Following script should be launched automatically or manually after correctly set It looks for any folder name BckFold for full backups and PartFold for partial backups on any hard drive found and launch appropriate backups If it's not clear just ask Hope it could be useful to someone Bye TanaT EDIT - - Please use version in the following reply Code ----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------ MVBACKUP ------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Laptop backups management by TanaT Created - - Complete SETTINGS part with the folders you want to backup Launch the script manually anytime you want or automatically with control panel Admin tools Tasks scheduler Any time the script is launched it looks for available Destination directories in any hard drive available If it finds full backup directories as set in BckFold it launches a mirroring to it and set the archive flags of sources files If it finds partial backup directories in any hard drive available like USB Key for instance it launches a mirroring to it restricted to files without any archive flag set those who hasn't been backed up yet Example BckFold quot mvBackup quot and PrtFold quot partBack quot Create a folder named mvBackup in a big external hard drive Go Create a folder named partBack in a USB Key Go Keep your big hard drive home and bring your USB Key with your laptop Connect your hard drive and launch mvbackup ps when your home Connect your USB key and launch mvbackup ps when your out and you've just worked hours on any kind of stuff you want to keep safe When you're back home launch it again on your external hard drive You can have as many as you want drives big or small Just create the appropriate folder at the root of your drive ----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------ SETTINGS ------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- List of quot folders to backup quot quot Names of folders to give in archive quot separated with SrcDirs quot C Users TanaT Pictures quot quot Images TanaT quot quot C Users TanaT Documents quot quot MesDocs TanaT quot Name of full backup folder we should look for in quot big quot hard drives BckFold quot mvBackup AT quot Name of partial backup folder we should look for in quot small quot usb keys SD cards PrtFold quot partBack AT quot Timestamps when a backup action full is complete are stored in SrcDirs items LastFTSFile source side Timestamps when a backup action partial is complete are stored in PrtFold BckDirs items LastPTSFile destination side Creation timestamps of files are used LastFTSFile quot lastFullTimestamp mvb quot LastPTSFile quot lastPartTimestamp mvb quot LogFile quot C users anatole mvbackup log quot ----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------ ROUTINES ------------------------------- ---------------------------------... Read more

A:Laptop backup strategy / SD card anywhere + "big" hard drive at home

It looks like robocopy sometimes do not handle Archive attribute correctly with /M option.

I tried many options without success. Piping robocopy to attrib.exe is not solving it because it returns destination files (not source files), so here is my work around to have partial backups really partial !

I launch attrib.exe -A just after robocopy full backup. The only problem with this is that if the backup takes a lot of time and you change a file during robocopy execution, it might not be copied and then unset archive flag by attrib. So be careful with the first backup : you should launch it and give it some time...

Here is version 0.1 corrected :
EDIT (19/03/2012) : Version 0.2.

Code:
# -----------------------------------------------------------------
# ------------------------ MVBACKUP (0.2) ------------------------
#
# Laptop backups management, by TanaT.
# Created 2012-03-03.
# Version 0.2 (2012-03-19) : Corrected following trouble : Function
RemoveItem doesn't work properly in recursive mode and -force option
is not enough to get rid of confirmation prompt.
# Version 0.1 (2012-03-13) : archive atttribute handled despite a bug
# in some robocopy versions.
#
# 1. Complete SETTINGS part with the folders you want to backup.
# 2. Launch the script manually anytime you want or automatically with
# control panel/Admin tools/Tasks scheduler.
#
# Any time the script is launched, it looks for available Destination
# directories in any hard drive available. If it finds full backup
# directories as set in BckFold it launches a mirroring to it and set
# the archive flags of sources files. If it finds partial backup
# directories in any hard drive available (like USB Key for instance)
# it launches a mirroring to it restricted to files without any archive
# flag set (those who hasn't been backed up yet).

# Example :
# BckFold = "_mvBackup_" and PrtFold = "_partBack_"
# Create a folder named _mvBackup_ in a big external hard drive (500Go ?)
# Create a folder named _partBack_ in a USB Key (8Go ?)
# Keep your big hard drive home and bring your USB Key with your laptop.
# Connect your hard drive and launch mvbackup.ps1 when your home.
# Connect your USB key and launch mvbackup.ps1 when your out and you've
# just worked hours on any kind of stuff you want to keep safe.
# When you're back home, launch it again on your external hard drive.
# You can have as many as you want drives (big or small). Just create the
# appropriate folder at the root of your drive.

# Note : If some files are marked with system attribute, they can't be
# handled by attrib.exe. You should launch powershell as administrator and
# enter following command over the folder containing these marked files :
#
# attrib.exe -A /S /D /L C:\Users\TanaT\FolderWithMarkedFiles\*
# (it removes system attribute on all files, folders, including subfolders.)

# ------------------------ SETTINGS -------------------------------

# List of "folders to backup" = "Names of folders to give in archive" separated with ;
$SrcDirs = @{
"C:\Users\TanaT\Pictures" = "Images_TanaT";
"C:\Users\TanaT\Documents" = "MesDocs_TanaT"
}

# Name of full backup folder we should look for in "big" hard drives
$BckFold = "mvBackup_AT"

# Name of partial backup folder we should look for in "small" usb keys / SD cards
$PrtFold = "partBack_AT"

# Timestamps when a backup action (full) is complete
# are stored in $SrcDirs_items\$LastFTSFile (source side)
# Timestamps when a backup action (partial) is complete
# are stored in $PrtFold\$BckDirs_items\$LastPTSFile (destination side)
# (Creation timestamps of files are used.)
$LastFTSFile = ".lastFullTimestamp.mvb"
$LastPTSFile = ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/218499-laptop-backup-strategy-sd-card-anywhere-big-hard-drive-home.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

Anyone knows what could this problem be? It doesn't even get to the login screen...

A:"Noise" in laptop screen... Video card problem? [with photo]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noise-in-laptop-screen-video-card-problem-with-photo.1028483/
Relevancy 82.99%

Whenever I plug in my USB device it wants to "scan and fix" but works if I just continue. On the other hand the G drive which is for my SD card gives me errors of corruption even before I took it out for the first time. Something is up with the drives and they are updated and all that. Also, with the SD card it doesn't let me delete and when I do add it is just the folder without the contents which then I can't delete. Help me fix this problem. I have a LX series Gateway computer with the pop up drive if that gives you any idea what I am dealing with.

PS: Should have bought a Mac.

A:USB Drives- "Scan and Fix" error and SD Card drive doesn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drives-scan-and-fix-error-and-sd-card-drive-doesnt-work.919930/
Relevancy 82.99%

My motherboard has on board audio which I disabled in my bios in order to use my recording sound card. This worked flawlessly for over 2 years. Then sometime last year Windows installed my "Missing HD Audio Driver" which disabled all sound until i enabled the on board sound in the bios again, this of course meant i couldnt use my recording card.

All Windows and driver updates have been turned off, it still installs.

After many attempts at fixes i found online I gave up until more recently when i reformatted the computer and got it working. Then yesterday it started again. I have no idea what to do about it but im hoping that with a year having passed, maybe people have figured this out.

A:"HD Audio" drivers keep installing - disabling my recording sound card

This really did not need to be moved, as it is not specifically an audio problem. It is an issue with windows installing drivers when its not supposed to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/237347-hd-audio-drivers-keep-installing-disabling-my-recording-sound-card.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have an Asus CM1630 desktop running windows 7, 64 bit. SD card reader works, after adding drive letter, but there is no hardware removal or insertion tone and the is no icon to safely remove the SD card. The SD card works fine when placed in an USB adapter and plugged into the USB port - there is both the tone and the safe to remove... icon present.

For a while I could not get the Drive it(SD card reader) was in to show up. So I labeled it as Drive G: which was the original labeling and it shows up as a removable storage device. Any solutions out there?

A:SD card reader works but no "removal of hardware" sound or icon

If you were to use the safely remove hardware function on the card reader, it would uninstall the reader itself.

Right click on the Card drive letter in Explorer (My Computer) and select eject.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/355106-sd-card-reader-works-but-no-removal-hardware-sound-icon.html
Relevancy 82.99%

My sound card Xonar D1 doesn't work properly and i wrote to ASUS and they told me to connect the "HD audio" or "speaker" cables from the front panel of motherboard to the sound card's front panel. Is that safe to do? weather it will work or not, is it safe to try?

A:Connecting "HD audio" cable from front panel to sound card

Most newer cases have two connectors for front panel audio. "HD Audio" and "AC 97". The HD Audio connector is the correct one to use. The AC97 does not have some automatic sense capability that the newer HD Audio does.

The connector is "keyed" (one pin missing) so line it up correctly when installing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/238229-connecting-hd-audio-cable-front-panel-sound-card.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

#1 thanks for y'all's help and expertise.

Here is my question: I have Vista 32-bit operating system with an original-equipment ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo) TV Tuner. The computer itself is a m9100z HP Pavilion. Every time I restart my computer, the TV Tuner card will toggle whether or not it is visible/installed/whatever in the device manager. If the card is working, once I restart, it will not work or appear in the device manager, and vice versa. The only way I have found to fix it is to restart again.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-tv-card-toggle-disappear-appear-from-device-manager-after-each-boot.823767/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I get this blue screen and my laptop reboots. This occurs very frequently at times and at times the laptop runs smoothly and all of a sudden reboots.

I get this error message "IEEE802.11b WLAN Card Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close".

It started occurring ever since i have replaced the LINKSYS WAG54G router with a new version.

I have contacted Linksys several times but they just dont have a solution to this problem. They even got me to download new drivers for the router.

The funny thing is whenever i use a different router or a wired router this problem does not occur.

Linksys has suggested i update my wireless drivers by downloading new drivers from the laptop manufacturers website. I am not too sure if i should be taking this route.

Would anyone know why this problem is occurring.

Regards,

Jewan

A:"IEEE802.11b WLAN Card Utility has encountered a problem and needs to close".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ieee802-11b-wlan-card-utility-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close.633037/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have the game port microsoft sidewinder precision pro force feedback and some ch product flight sticks I bought this brand new sabrent channel sound D pci card with a game port Windows XP pro saw the card and installed the drivers I hooked up the sidewinder went into the control panel to the game controller box Search down the list and clicked on the sidewinder When it loaded up I got a message from windows that it detects and is installing the sidewinder but when I go to the controller box it says it is not connect Now I triple checked to make sure it was connected properly with both joysticks I checked to see Sound Connected" Port "Not w/Game New Card error Sabrent if there were any updates for the sound card driver and the game port driver no new updates and the device manager shows that both are working properly I went into the BIOS to disable the on board sound but New Sabrent Sound Card w/Game Port "Not Connected" error that didn t help So anyone here know how to correct this Looks like no matter what joystick I hook up I get the quot not connected quot error Help nbsp

A:New Sabrent Sound Card w/Game Port "Not Connected" error

also I would like to add that I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but no change. Could it be some IRQ sharing conflict?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-sabrent-sound-card-w-game-port-not-connected-error.995363/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi everyone Been having trouble with my AMD Radeon HD card I think Symptoms - Cut to a black screen - Alternatively when enabled quot Graphics OverDrive quot in quot Performance quot in Catalyst Control Center instead of cutting to a black screen it cuts to a bunch of linear cubes then black No error is displayed - Sound plays as normal for a few more seconds but goes wonky after - Unresponsive to anything Cannot Ctrl-Alt-Delete or Alt-Ft Requires a hard reboot by pressing power button - It's considered disconnected to any online services Vs when a program crashes sometimes it's still quot online quot if you don't close the error prompt It seems that I can play multiple games at the same time with no problems For example Starcraft Tropico and Sims at the same time but when I run the MMO Mabinogi this occurs after an entirely random time It is not reproduceable There is no cause. at Card computer crashing time, random Graphic "unknown" common denominator I could be killing monsters or fishing or just AFKing It could happen as soon as I start the program or it can happen hours in Doing a quick google search suggests that it is a Graphic Card crashing computer at random time, "unknown" cause. problem with the card as I found similar issues with another game but no solutions - Forum - Technical amp Account Support - Computer Crashes after random time played - Path of Exile Things I've tried but didn't work - Reinstallation of the game - Registry cleaning - Changing settings on the quot Overdrive quot in Catalyst Control Center - Resetting all settings to Default in the catalyst Control Center Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name PANDA-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Hanns G iX Monitor Id HSD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-A - F BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag NI ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech... Read more

A:Graphic Card crashing computer at random time, "unknown" cause.

Check graphics card's temperature. Disable AMD overdrive and update your drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285642-graphic-card-crashing-computer-random-time-unknown-cause.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Running Windows pro installed reader it and "Install is but your works driver" card memory sp on Acer Aspire one ZG I don t get it All hardware has always worked after I replaced winXP with win pro on this netbook clean full install from bootable flash drive Then one day "Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works recently all the sudden I have quot other devices quot - of them listed as quot base system device quot and action center is telling me quot install your memory card reader driver quot of course windows update doesn t find drivers Here s the thing my memory card reader works fine both of them and I can use them just fine In fact everything works as it always has so I can t figure out what the heck these quot other devices quot are that "Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works suddenly appeared out of nowhere for no reason When I check device ID s each one has device ID s listed Not sure if all instances of quot base system device quot have the same device ID s listed or not but I am showing you what s under one of them Why would windows action center be telling me install memory card reader drivers if the readers already work and so apparently already have drivers Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on All my hardware works so how can there be drivers missing This just doesn t make any sense to me nbsp

A:"Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-your-memory-card-reader-driver-but-it-is-installed-and-works.1139424/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey guys im new to this place so i hope this in the right section

im
on
windows xp
sp2

i recently installed manhunt, and im getting a "no audio hardware, or the hardware is not supported" error, so i googled it, and found i need to change my: "Sound playback: default device" to something..., although i cannot acces it because it is all greyed out...

i read a post on here about running cmd and finding all the hidden devices, but to no avail. i'd really like to get the audio running on the computer, let alone the game!

sound has always worked before, but recently my brother wiped everything and reinstalled xp (cos the computer was going real bung) but this shouldnt have affected the sound card should it?

Much appreaciated for ur time reading this, if i havent worded anything well enough, just ask and ill try re-wording it.
Thanks!

A:Solved: Sound card "no playback devices" cant get it to work...? plz help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-card-no-playback-devices-cant-get-it-to-work-plz-help.851908/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi, I purchased this graphics card and installed it in an older P2 machine. All I get is black screen...no boot. Support page says to try different slot, so I tried them all. Suggestions? or is the card pooched?

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello all Every time I turn my laptop on it will load Startup Repair Even if I hit F for the boot options and choose any of them regardless of what I choose it will go into Startup and loop graphics card Repair" problems "Startup Repair This means I cannot boot my laptop normally or even get into safe mode When in Startup Repair if I choose the quot Automatically repair Windows Vista startup problems quot it will tell me quot Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically quot I would not like to have "Startup Repair" loop and graphics card problems to type out the entire problem signature but if it is necessary please ask This all started when a D game crashed yesterday and I had to do a hard reboot After that whenever I loaded any sort of D game I got a blue screen and the driver for my graphics card nvidia GeForce M GS encountered a problem The driver was nvlddmkm sys which after looking on the Internet a bit thousands of other people have had problems with Any help would be greatly appreciated whether it is fixing the Startup Repair loop or fixing the graphics card problem Thanks in advance

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239235-startup-repair-loop-graphics-card-problems.html
Relevancy 82.99%

when i restart my comp this message appears.

my comp is a pentium d 3.4 ghz (2core)
win xp home edition
my graphics card is a asus x1300 series.

i tried installing the latest drivers from ati (ati catalist and ati graphics's driver only) and asus, and i always get the same message.
i also get some glitches when playing cs source.

can u guys help me

A:error message "can not find grafic card information"

And that same message is? And the glitches are?
Unplug then reseat your graphics card... While you are at it, write down all the info on the card.
Then go to www.belarc.com, to download and install the latest Belarc Advisor. Then run it to get a report on what it detects.
Now at boot up, check your BIOS to see what it reports for Video Graphics. Also go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager to see what the Device Manager reports as detected... and note whether there aae any yellow or red flags.
Download the drivers from ATI or your computer manufacturer for that detected device, then remove or disable the drives you find, and install the newly downloaded ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-can-not-find-grafic-card-information.77676/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi there, as topic says my netcard is giving me a headache! Like every 10 minute it just "freezes" for about 10 sec and it's really annoying cause it dicsonnect alot of things that i do..
I'm using a integrated netcard (mother board is Elitegroup C51GM-M).
The CD with drivers that came with the motherboard doesn't support my OS (XP 64) and im not getting any help from neither Elitegroup or their forums

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello everyone I have a big problem with running CoD on my PC The game crashes after loading and window with message pops up The console window welcomes me with following report COD build win-x Oct ----- FS Startup ----- Current language english Current search path C Program Files x Call of Duty main pak pk files C Program Files x Call of Duty main pak pk files C Program Files x Call of Duty main pak pk files C Program Files x Call of Duty main pak pk files C Program Files x Call of Duty main pak pk files C Program Duty problem card" Call "outdated video of Files x Call of Duty main pak Call of Duty "outdated video card" problem pk files C Program Files x Call of Duty main pak pk files C Program Files x Call of Duty main C Program Files x Call of Duty main localized english pak pk files localized assets pak file for english C Program Files x Call of Duty main localized english pak pk files localized assets pak file for english File Handles ---------------------- files in pk files execing default cfg couldn t exec language cfg couldn t exec config cfg couldn t exec autoexec cfg autoconfigure configure csv using configuration cpu MHz sys MB vid MB execing configure cfg fs basepath is write protected fs homepath is write protected Hunk Clear reset the hunk ok detecting CPU found Intel Pentium III Measured CPU speed is GHz System memory is MB capped at GB Video card memory is MB Streaming SIMD Extensions SSE supported ----- Client Initialization ----- ----- Initializing Renderer ---- ------------------------------- ----- Client Initialization Complete ----- ----- R Init ----- Initializing OpenGL subsystem initializing QGL calling LoadLibrary C Windows system opengl dll succeeded setting mode FS using colorbits of calling CDS ok registered window class created email protected x Initializing OpenGL driver getting DC succeeded GLW ChoosePFD PFDs found hardware acceleration found PIXELFORMAT selected creating GL context succeeded making context current succeeded Initializing OpenGL extensions GL VENDOR SciTech Software Inc GL RENDERER GLDirect x Dec GL VERSION Mesa GL EXTENSIONS GL EXT texture env add GL ARB multitexture ----- CL Shutdown ----- RE Shutdown Shutting down OpenGL subsystem wglMakeCurrent NULL NULL success deleting GL context success releasing DC success destroying window resetting display shutting down QGL unloading OpenGL DLL ----------------------- Hunk Clear reset the hunk ok Your video card appears to be missing one or more features required to run Call of Duty You should install the latest drivers for your video card being sure to uninstall the old drivers first If you already have the latest drivers you should completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them This fixes most problems If the game still doesn t work it may be that your video card does not have the minimum features required Please check the readme for more information including a list of supported video cards It seems that I should change the video card or install new driver But quot systemrequirementslab com quot online tool checking compatibility with games has another opinion My videocard has everything that is needed to launch CoD but is overall bad I think that s a matter of video card driver but I m not sure Help me guys if you know what to do Some info CPU Intel Core i GHz RAM GB avaliable -bit windows Games on Id tech engine that I played on my PC Return to Castle Wolfenstein - works perfectly No video problems Wolfenstein Enemy Territory - works perfectly Medal of Honor Allied Assault - menu is totally f ed up but the game itself runs almost without glitches Call of Duty - doesn t works P S There s another popular problem with id Tech games crashing on startup due to wrong lacking opengl dll I know about it and I ve fixed it a long time ago DON T say me about that And sorry for my bad english nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

I have a pavilllion a1630n, currently with a GEForce 7600GS. I'm entertaining the idea of upgrading the video card, mostly to run Bioshock as well as possible. Belarc shows the following specs.

2.40 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
2048 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A1' has 1024 MB
Slot 'A2' is Empty
Slot 'A3' is Empty

Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. NODUSM3 1.05
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.10 12/13/2006

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this this stuff, but I do know you can't just stick some fancy new $500 graphics card into any old cpu and get your desired results. From reading previous posts on the topic, sounds like motherboard and RAM are the two main factors in determining how far up the Graphics Card ladder you can go....

I'm not looking to go too far, maybe high end 8 series.. is that reasonable?

Thanks a bunch....

Relevancy 82.99%

The network card on my new Gigabyte motherboard cannot establish a network connection I know that the network and network cable work because they were plugged on "Limited network new or no motherboard card built-in connectivity" into a different computer directly before booting up my new system Plugged into either my Linksys WRT G router or directly to my cable modem no network connection can be made To trouble shoot this I tried to update the drivers by downloading it from the Gigabyte website and installing Still the network card could not make a network connection Without installing the drivers from the CD or from a download Windows does not recognize the built-in network card Next I tried updating the BIOS After updating the BIOS to the most recent version I uninstalled the "Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card network card and re-installed it but it still would not work Within the BIOS Gigabyte has a utility to test network "Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card connectivity When I use this LAN testing panel the cable connection checks out but it is unusual because it immediately recycles and tests it again with the message indicating the cable is less than m lasting barely long enough to read it Within Windows XP I even tried using static IP addresses and networks settings in case it was a DHCP problem but that did not make the connection work I also tried re-installing the OS and running on a bootable Ubuntu CD but neither of these attempts could establish a functional network connection The card itself does not come up with an error under the system device manager but even when it is directly connected to my cable modem which is online and works when connected to other computers I get the error that the network connection has quot limited or no connectivity quot What else can I do to troubleshoot this Is it possible that I got a motherboard with a bad built-in network card How could I test for this Thanks nbsp

A:"Limited or no connectivity" on new motherboard built-in network card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-on-new-motherboard-built-in-network-card.597273/
Relevancy 82.99%

Does anyone have this card working with the 7100 build of Windows 7? If so, can you link me the driver you are using? The card worked fine for me with earlier builds if Windows 7, but not 7100, I tried a bunch of different drivers, and I can't get it working.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/striker-7-1-audio-card-and-windows-7-7100-build.829463/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to upgrade my sound card so I ran DXDIAG (log at end of post) and it says that my sound card is an Intel(r) Integrated Audio and the driver version is 5.10.0000.3523 (English). The date is from late 2001(!) so I obviously want to update the thing.

The problem is that I can't find an update file or driver anywhere! I don't know if I'm being retarded or what but there must be some update available since 2001.

Here's some extra info that may help:

My CPU is a Sony VAIO PCV-RX490TV

I realized the problem when I started to play Spellforce: The Order of Dawn and noticed that the video was choppy and the audio kind of cut out for a second every now then, at which point the video would be smooth until the audio started again.

Relevancy 82.99%

I moved a PIII computer hardware into another case and the video card is acting funny During the move I had Card/Monitor GeForce4 Processes "Blinks" Opening New When to remove all the dust gunk stuck on the video card fan it hasn t been touched for years so all the hardware was full of HUGE dust balls I put GeForce4 Card/Monitor "Blinks" When Opening New Processes in a new hard drive power supply different DVD-ROM it s not new but works and used canned air to get rid of as much dust as possible What I couldn t remove I delicately used needle nose pliers to grab the huge dust balls caught in the fans and loosened the dust with slightly damp qtips with a bit of isopropyl alcohol it s all I had and more canned air I did not remove the CPU or RAM when moving the mobo I did a fresh install of Windows SE with all security updates and Gentoo Linux I used Partition Magic to partition the drive and have Boot Magic installed as well During the start up of Win the boot screen quot blinks quot midway through i e the screen goes blank for about half a second and the boot screen comes back Once booted the screen quot blinks quot again when the start up programs loads explorer Norton AV Zone Alarm Pro etc It also blinks whenever I try to access the Control Panel I ve checked the seating of the video card and monitor -- nothing is loose I ve uninstalled the March Nvidia driver to the previous version December and it still blinks This doesn t happen in Gentoo but then again it s not fully up and running yet -- I ve got Gnome installed and the video card doesn t blink when I m in Gentoo System specs CPU Intel Pentium IIIE MHz x Motherboard Asus CUV X ISA PCI AGP Pro AMR DIMM Audio Motherboard Chipset VIA VT ProSavage PL PM PN Memory MB SDRAM BIOS Type Award Medallion Video card NVIDIA GeForce Ti Sound card Creative SB Live Sound Card Hard drive GB Maxtor drive E L DVD-ROM Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD- CD-ROM Sony CDU x CD-ROM Two fans one case fan blowing out and one pci slot fan blowing out I d appreciate any ideas on what could be causing this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce4-card-monitor-blinks-when-opening-new-processes.223414/
Relevancy 82.99%

I was given an old Toshiba Satellite Pro and have reformated the HDD to clear whatever junk was on it After putting Windows back on XP SP everything seems to work as it should apart from that I can t connect to my home wi-fi network The network is picked up OK but when OK card and may range" router is have become - Error out "network saying of wlan I click connect I get an error saying that the network may have become Error saying "network may have become out of range" - router and wlan card is OK out of range even when right next to the router I have three other PCs connecting wirelessly to the network with no probs The router is not restriced to certain mac addresses There are plenty of available DHCP slots It works OK via ethernet I have tried disabling wireless security on the router I have tried changing the wireless channel to something else on the router The laptop has an inbuilt mini-PCI wireless card that seems to be hooked up OK to the antenna and the driver is the latest one I have also tried a Linksys PCMCIA wi-fi card I ve been using this fine on another laptop Could this be an issue with whatever driver controls these interfaces such as PCI Bridge Chipset or whatever Which one could it be Any ideas I ve manually gone right-click Update Driver to all system devices in Device Manager and still doesn t work Thanks nbsp

A:Error saying "network may have become out of range" - router and wlan card is OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-saying-network-may-have-become-out-of-range-router-and-wlan-card-is-ok.767744/
Relevancy 82.99%

hi you wonderful people have already helped me find a card reader that is compatible with my "patriot" brand memory card, and now that it's here i'm attempting to use file recovery software called "smart recovery" and it's asking me what "type" of file to search for on the memory card. there are SO many choices and i don't know a lot about this. the default file type it wants to search for is jpeg, there is also bmp, avi, tiff, and a lot of brand names listed. my camera is konica minolta - i see minolta. anyone have any idea what i should choose? and, if i start will the wrong one, will it further ruin my chances of recovering any data? thanks to anyone willing to help!

Relevancy 82.99%

I purchased a "Dazzle" digital video creator . When I got it all hooked up it keeps telling me I have to have my older model camcorder set up with a 1394 port. I can only find info about a 1394 firewire pci card. Are these the same thing.. and how hard is it to install one of these? I am running windows xp and my computer will support it, but as far as I can tell there is not one already on here. I am so very confused!!! I was under the impression that all I needed to use this was the audio and video cables and plug it into my usb port. But it doesnt want to work. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!
Truddy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-info-about-installing-a-pci-card-or-using-dazzle-video-stuff.424659/
Relevancy 82.99%

I cant find any information about this "Ultra" brand laptop, its a p3 1.1ghz and i have no idea how much video memory it has.

The actual brand is "Ultra"

No other info listed,

can i upgrade this? i wanna play some games.

~

Steve Laboy

http://kyokushinkaratefl.com/may212005test.shtml

A:on-board video card for "ultra" brand laptop

is there a model or serial number somewhere on the unit? be sure to carefully check all surfaces of the unit, including any areas that are accessed via removable panels. you may even be able to find the unit's FCC id, in which case you can get further information from the FCC website (they have a nice database that lists any device based on its FCC id).

what do you want to use this laptop for? usage possibilities depend largely on the RAM and video card, which are not strong selling points for most laptops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-board-video-card-for-ultra-brand-laptop.71019/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have purchased an older IBM Thinkpad that has been upgraded to Windows 2000 Pro. When I am in range of a known public Wi-fi network, or nearby to my home QSL modem (that has a built in router), the computer does not indicate that it has located an available network. This is when using, separately, both a Wi-fi card and a USB wireless adapter. (I have installed the required drivers.) When I consult the network connection information, it says, in either case: network cable unplugged. I can connect to the Internet via my home modem, if I plug the computer in directly, using an ethernet cable. But this does not solve the issue of being able to use a public network, when away from home.
I have also tried to set up a new network, but Windows 2000 does not seem to offer "setting up a wireless network" as an option. Any ideas?

A:Using either Wi-fi card/USB wireless adapter: "network cable unplugged"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-either-wi-fi-card-usb-wireless-adapter-network-cable-unplugged.795301/
Relevancy 82.99%

I just installed a new video card (HIS ATI Radeon X1300 Turbo IceQ), my previous card was an ATI Radeon 9500. I had no problem upon upgrading, everything went smoothly. I also installed the new ATI drivers (with the catalyst control center).

Now, the problem is that at random times (mostly when I'm browsing the net), the computer either freezes so that I have to restart it, OR the monitor blacks out and displays "Sync. Out of Range" and again I have to restart.

My current desktop settings are 1024x768 at 70Hz. I never had this problem with my previous video card (my settings with my old video card were 1024x768 at 75Hz, as you can see I tried turning down the refresh rate but had no luck).

I'm on Windows XP, with an AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 768MB RAM.

Any ideas would be very appreciated.

Relevancy 82.99%

Yesterday I purchased an Nvidia GTS SSC video card to replace my old radeon x pro My original computer came from CyberPowerPC so I did not do the original wiring for my system When I went to install the new video card I had to unplug the SATA cable to my hard drive and another cable literally taped to the old video card that had a tag labled quot VGA don t pull quot Now I have noticed that type of cord is taped randomly through out my computer case so I would imagine it has something to do with the computer LCD heat screen I inserted the new nvidia card but realized I needed to replace my power supply because the watt value wasn t strong enough So I gently removed the card and reinserted the old one back into its slot I then plugged the SATA cable back into where I believed I removed it from on the motherboard I closed the case and then the computer boots up but the monitor reads quot No Signal quot While I would LOVE to fix this until my new power supply http www newegg com Product Produc Problem Confusing "No - Signal" card Monitor/Video E gets here tomorrow I am very curious why my monitor won t recognize the signal Is it possible that I have Confusing Monitor/Video card Problem - "No Signal" plugged the SATA cables back in wrong or would this have any effect Did I short circuit my original video card Is my guess that the quot taped quot VGA cable actually for the heat sensor Does anyone have any suggestions or advice Thanks for your reply in advance Quick system parts CASE X-BLADE Mid-Tower W W WINDOW amp LCD Temperature Display FAN CONTROL CPU Socket AM AMD Athlon TM X Dual-Core CPU w HyperTransport Technology HDD Single Hard Drive GB SATA-II Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD MOTHERBOARD Socket AM MSI K N Neo-F nForce Chipset DDR SATA-II RAID x PCI-Express MBoard w GbLAN USB amp Audio VIDEO ATI Radeon X Pro X PCI-E MB VIDEO CARD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/confusing-monitor-video-card-problem-no-signal.672041/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

Can anyone explain how to work this please ...
http://homepage.mac.com/phrogz/CSV2vCard_v2.html
I've been trying to get it to work now for about a week and a half.
Or maybe longer, i'm a bit stuck with it.

I've got it 'sort of' working with CSV (comma separated values)
but not properly.

John

A:"V-card format" from comma values, easy problem (maybe) ...

Hi,

Well i didn't get that to work, although i did get to examine the textual
instructions for the V-card.
Which i then fiddled with, until i got the textual instructions to make a
V-card just as i wanted.

So now i am looking at possibly using a mix of "Note Tab Light" and
"Strip-Mail" to give me the format that will produce V-cards from a list.

Which is a shame, as i feel that the "CSV to Vcard" page, should really
have done the job.

Did anyone ever get it to work .. ?

John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/v-card-format-from-comma-values-easy-problem-maybe.696183/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi all I joined this forum the other day because I found it useful in trouble shooting problems that I had when restoring my households computers that were rootkit controlled Anyway wanted to say thanks in general because info I used to help SD my switch problem Card is when "write protected right" Cured me was all through these forums So I cured one of my problems myself when no matter where I looked on the web there was no solution My old pavilion has a SD reader that suddenly was calling EVERY sd card write protected Well I made sure the locking switch Cured my SD Card "write protected when switch is right" problem was NOT on write protect yet no matter what SD card I used it always said this Long story short after not finding ANY solution that worked on the web I decided right before I was about to give up to take an air compressor and blow the crap out of the slot Cured my SD Card "write protected when switch is right" problem It worked Must have been some dust or something in the right place at the wrong time but blowing out the slot cleared it up and it works like new cheers

A:Cured my SD Card "write protected when switch is right" problem

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

First, thanks for the thumbs up to WSF. Second, thanks for posting your fix as no doubt it may help someone else in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/177610-cured-my-sd-card-write-protected-when-switch-right-problem.html
Relevancy 82.99%

This problem in Firefox started around the time of the V video drivers for ATI HD video cards I have an HD running v and an HD running v Or it might have been around the time v of Firefox came out I'm currently using v Don't know exactly So the problem may be tied to v of the ATI video drivers or it might be to a recent version of Firefox Unclear Since the issue does not show up with Internet Explorer but only with Firefox I decided to post the question here rather than only Firefox "Color text, with ATI video card, ringing" on in the Video sub-forum Anyway the problem is that text displayed or in a composition window like this as I write often seems to quot vibrate quot with colors around the letters Kind of like a quot video convergence quot problem on an old CRT where the RGB guns were not all focused on the same spot Seems that scrolling the page up or down can often cure the problem as the screen is re-painted or most often it just kind of disappears on its own after a while for some reason Anybody else notice this Here's what it looks like Amazingly I was able to get a screenshot before the quot color "Color ringing" on text, ATI video card, only with Firefox ringing quot disappeared and everything was once again perfect black text

A:"Color ringing" on text, ATI video card, only with Firefox

Well, whoever the culprit is... either (a) ATI Catalyst v13.1 or higher, or (b) Firefox v20 or higher... the "workaround" seems to be to TURN OFF HARDWARE ACCELERATION IN FIREFOX.

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General tab, and then un-check "use hardware acceleration" item in the Browsing group.

That definitely eliminates the symptom.

But it also has the undesirable (for me, anyway) effect of eliminating all of the benefits of hardware acceleration! And in particular, on SevenForums because of the forum software and the method of presenting text in posts, when hardware acceleration is disabled the text lines in posts have a horizontally closer together character spacing, and also a vertically closer together line spacing. This makes it slightly "denser" than when hardware acceleration is enabled and things have a slightly larger horizontal and vertical spacing for the identical text.

I went through a similar story last year when Firefox blacklisted Catalyst 12.8, automatically disabling hardware acceleration because of instability issues. I had to go back to Catalyst 12.6 to be able to retain hardware acceleration, at least until ATI resolved the driver issue in 12.10.
So for now, at least I understand that I'm not crazy, and that there's nothing really wrong with my systems.

The problem is definitely software somewhere, either in Catalyst or in Firefox, but obviously it's a relatively new software problem. And hopefully it will eventually go away as one or the other software vendors corrects something which is at the heart of the problem.

In the meantime, I'll "live with it" (annoying as it is) since it kind of generally self-disappears as I scroll pages up and down, which is "good enough" for me. I prefer how things look on this forum with hardware acceleration enabled, so that's the biggest influence for this decision.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/292171-color-ringing-text-ati-video-card-only-firefox.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I recently bought a new gb Sandisk SD card for use in my Samsung D digital camera I took about pictures and a few videos on it all of which I was able to view perfectly at first Later however one of the pictures was giving the message quot file error quot when I tried to view it via the camera and when I transferred it to the computer the JPEG file on "file error" Sandisk showing SD Picture 2Gb card shows as a red x on Microsoft Office Picture Manager I have tried programs such as Pc Inspector File Recovery ZAR etc none of which worked With JPEG snoop I was able to recover a blurred image however am unsure how to continue working with this to restore the file to its original clarity My question Is there a way to recover this JPEG file using any sort of available program Does anyone know how to use some of the more advanced aspects commands in JPEG snoop and think they know how I might be able to recover this image Has anyone any other ideas of how this image may be recovered restored Picture on Sandisk 2Gb SD card showing "file error" I will happily send the corrupt JPEG file if anyone thinks they may be able to assist The picture is very Picture on Sandisk 2Gb SD card showing "file error" important to me and I would hate to think I will not be able to retrieve it Any help would be very much appreciated Many thanks mteen nbsp

A:Picture on Sandisk 2Gb SD card showing "file error"

The largest card you can use in the Samsung D75 is 1 GB according to the web.

Therefore the memory management will be totally screwed in how it has saved the data, you might have a fight on your hand retrieving it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picture-on-sandisk-2gb-sd-card-showing-file-error.794532/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello all I just upgraded my PC yesterday with some killer components Everything turns on works proper etc except showing "Standard New Adapter" Build Card Graphics Vid as VGA my Graphics Card GTX ti core edition is showing as quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot New Parts - ASUS Sabertooth p Rev - Intel i k - GB Corsair Vengeance DDR - - GTX ti core edition Thing's i have tried so far - Uninstalled old drivers explained below - Downloaded drivers from Nvidia com attempted to install and received a message stating the program could not find a compatible New Build Vid Card showing as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" card or something like that - Checked BIOS to make sure my graphics New Build Vid Card showing as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" setting was set to quot PCIE PCI quot - Checked Video Card seating and both pin plugs Now just some other facts - The video card is apparently working as i am plugged into it directly via HDMI cable - The HDMI cable is the ONLY cable i am using for display atm - I upgraded from - ASUS P E Pro - Intel Core Duo E - GB's DDR - - GTX - The hard drive was one of the part's i didn't change out I did not do a clean install of Windows due to the massive amount of installed software and games i'd have to reinstall if i did This is all i can think about at the moment but will be watching this thread like a hawk for updates I will answer any and all questions ASAP Any and all help is greatly appreciated Thanks for your time Chris

A:New Build Vid Card showing as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter"

does Nvidia have a HDMI upgrade driver ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214333-new-build-vid-card-showing-standard-vga-graphics-adapter.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I just put a new hard-drive and XP into my computer, it wont recognize my ethernet card (built-in to Matsonic motherboard) so I cant set up my dsl

Its enabled in Bios, and my device manager isnt finding a problem with it, yet I cant install my DSL software.

Relevancy 82.99%

I get the Code 12 error when I look at my wireless PCI adapter in my desktop computer's device manager. I am running windows vista home premium. It is brand new so nothing is installed, just drivers and software for a BIOS update that I tried and failed. The whole error says "this device cannot find enough resources that it can use" and below it also says "If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system." I've disabled some ethernet ports and I think there are some ghost drives or something that I don't see...But i don't know how to take care of that, and I went into my setup for the BIOS and I really didn't see anything to change on the BIOS, so what do i do? the software didn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-in-desktop-wont-work-this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources.741830/
Relevancy 82.99%

On a Windows Grayed in Compact List Hardware" Card Remove out "Safely Flash bit system I've got a compact flash card set up like this compact flash card gt usb compact flash card reader gt USB hub gt usb port Previously windows allowed me to safely remove both the card and reader I unplugged and replugged some connections a while ago and since then the safely remove list only allows me to remove the card reader the card is grayed out I replugged the devices into the same connectors I wanted to check the card's properties to see if its policy was quot quickly remove quot or quot better performance quot but the card is not in quot devices and Grayed out Compact Flash Card in "Safely Remove Hardware" List printer quot and it's listed under quot Portable Devices quot in Device Manager which doesn't have a policy tab How can I get the device ungray in the quot safely remove hardware quot list And if I can't do I have to safely remove Grayed out Compact Flash Card in "Safely Remove Hardware" List the reader each time I want to change cards That probably requires a reboot and waiting for it to Grayed out Compact Flash Card in "Safely Remove Hardware" List be installed again and I'd rather be able to safely remove only the card Thanks for any help Ellen

A:Grayed out Compact Flash Card in "Safely Remove Hardware" List

Right click on the card in Computer and select eject. That is the way to safely remove a card without the need to remove the reader.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358951-grayed-out-compact-flash-card-safely-remove-hardware-list.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I installed a new firewire card into my new Dell computer Closed the case started up the computer which recognized the new hardware Then I plugged the dv into the firewire and downloaded about minutes of video from my minidv camcorder Now after that about an hour later my screen went blue with a quot hardware malfunction quot malfunction" card blue with Firewire screen installation "hardware Solved: - message I restarted the computer and it booted up ok but about an hour later another blue screen with the same message I needed to get a lot of work done that day so I just took out the card and set it aside for now so I wouldn t have to keep restarting my computer because of the error message I have been looking over possible things to try and these are my ideas search for updated driver some kind of compatibility check dell s diagnostic check AM I on the right track to getting this card to work Solved: Firewire card installation - "hardware malfunction" with blue screen Or is there something I have missed that might correct the problem nbsp

A:Solved: Firewire card installation - "hardware malfunction" with blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-firewire-card-installation-hardware-malfunction-with-blue-screen.405232/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey, I got my computer last September and it has been working perfectly up until last night when I was watching BBC iPlayer and suddenly it froze, Firefox Crashed, then it froze again and everything went black. Now whenever I try to boot up I get a BSOD saying that it failed to reset the display adapter. I can boot into safe mode and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for my graphics cards. I get an error on the hardware info saying that the AMDA00 driver can't be run. If I manually disable the graphics cards then I can boot with no problems just using the onboard graphics.

I've attached the SF Diagnostic folder, any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Got a shot of the BSOD to finally read the error as:
STOP: 0x00000116 (0xFFFFFA800A89F010, 0xFFFFF8800F3A1034, 0x0000000000000000,0x0000000000000002)
nvlddmkm.sys - Address FFFFF8800F3A1034 base at FFFFF8800F24E000, Datestamp 5267afe

A:BSOD linked to graphics card - "failed to reset the display adapter"

Try other versions of the display driver.
You may try the drivers on a trial and error basis:
320.49 WHQL
327.23 WHQL
331.58 WHWL
331.65 WHQL
331.82 WHQL
332.21 WHQL
Get them from Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Do a clean install on all of them. Uninstall the previously installed driver first.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download the target WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Lengthy process, but the only stable version of nvidia is 314.22 lately, which does not support 700 series GPU.

Also, check it physically that the GPU is properly seated in the PCIe slot.

If you anyhow can boot into windows with the GPU on, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

If no improvement anyhow, we have to accept that the GPU is over.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a8192f0, fffff8800f3fa034, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+153034 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800a8192f0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800f3fa034, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+153034
fffff880`0f3fa034 803dee1a730000 cmp byte ptr [nvlddmkm+0x884b29 (fffff880`0fb2bb29)],0

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`055f4888 fffff880`0ff3b140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0a8192f0 fffff880`0f3fa034 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`055f4890 fffff880`0ff3ae4a : fffff880`0f3fa034 fffffa80`0a8192f0 fffffa80`0a28bd50 fffffa80`09ef0410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`055f48d0 fffff880`0f20ff13 : fffffa80`0a8192f0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a28bd50 fffffa80`09ef0410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`055f4900 fffff880`0f239cf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000179 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`055f49e0 fffff880`0f238437 : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000179 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322284-bsod-linked-graphics-card-failed-reset-display-adapter.html
Relevancy 82.99%

my processor: intel pentium 700 MHZ, L2 cache: 256 KB, Memory:256 MB, Maimboard: trigem computer inc. Nava-A, Monitor- Plug and play play, Video Card- 3DFX interactive inc,. Banshee, Mode 800x600 with 32 bit color deph...
when i open the computer and it will restart it again it said thier was a error in banshee and nid to reboot it the box said "The banshee display driver has sopped working normally save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to microsoft" it always said that when i open my computer pls help me with this and what will i do...thanz for advance...

A:Guys help me with my video card"banshee display driver stopped and reboot it"

Uninstall the Banshee driver, clean the registry, reboot and reinstall the Banshee driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guys-help-me-with-my-video-card-banshee-display-driver-stopped-and-reboot-it.92372/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Currently I m using a Amd Radeon on this pc Kernen nbsp nbsp nbsp Threads nbsp nbsp nbsp Naam nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel Core Duo E Codenaam nbsp nbsp nbsp ConroePakket nbsp nbsp nbsp Socket LGATechnologie nbsp nbsp nbsp nmSpecificatie nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel Core Duo CPU E GHzFamilie nbsp graphic I Dell SFF 755 can What use in "maximum" card Optiplex nbsp nbsp Uitgebreide familie nbsp nbsp nbsp Model nbsp nbsp nbsp FUitgebreid model nbsp nbsp nbsp FStepping What "maximum" graphic card can I use in Dell Optiplex 755 SFF nbsp nbsp nbsp BRevisie nbsp nbsp nbsp G Instructies nbsp nbsp nbsp MMX SSE SSE SSE SSSE Intel NX VMXVirtualisatie nbsp nbsp nbsp Ondersteund UitgeschakeldHyperthreading nbsp nbsp nbsp Niet-ondersteundBussnelheid nbsp nbsp nbsp MHZRated bussnelheid nbsp nbsp nbsp MHZStock kernsnelheid nbsp nbsp nbsp MHZStock bussnelheid nbsp nbsp nbsp MHZGemiddelde temperatuur nbsp nbsp nbsp deg C nbsp nbsp nbsp Caches nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp What "maximum" graphic card can I use in Dell Optiplex 755 SFF L data-cachegrootte nbsp nbsp nbsp x KBytes nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp L instructies-cachegrootte nbsp nbsp nbsp x KBytes nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp L unified-cachegrootte nbsp nbsp nbsp KBytes Internal Mem Gyg I am not satisfied with the performance of the Radeon What is the quot biggest graphic card I can use in the Dell Thanx Hein

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19990370
Relevancy 82.56%

Im trying to playback audio for sstv through my sound card and the "Stereo Mix" option is missing as an audio input (recording) method. I have some in-product sound card that came from Dell so I've been told it may not be possible. But I've found free software that does record in the same exact way that "Stereo Mix" would. Is there any universal sound drivers out there that would add "Stereo Mix" as an option?

A:"Stereo Mix" to record sound from card missing.

If you have Dell you may be stuck with what it will do. Dell's, in most cases, require Dell specific sound drivers as non-Dell either does not work (won't install in many cases) or does not work correctly. I used to do a lot of support on the Dell forums and that was a major complaint with certain model Dell's.

If you have a software solution that gets around the lack of System Mixer that is the best you can do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/254021-stereo-mix-record-sound-card-missing.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey everyone I have had my custom pc for almost one month now and I have found out that during this one month period my graphic card DRIVER has actually quot uninstalled itself quot twice I have no idea why but whenever this happens - it s almost like the graphic card works fine untill you shut down the computer then the next time you restart your computer the graphics mess up Btw I have a Nvidia GeForce GT Whenever the graphic card messes up the little nvidia icon in the bottom right corner disappears and I CANNOT change my graphics it always just resets back to x or w e it was with bits of graphic No matter how much I try i cannot change it and the only solution is to re install the graphic card driver The first time I just re-installed the driver no problem but now this time two messages appear at regular intervals saying Ainap Access violation at address Read address AND Ainap EAccess violation I do not want this to happen twice every month and card every "uninstalls" month? twice Graphic itself driver I would really appreciate it if anyone would help me PS MY MSN MESSENGER STOPPED WORKING and it was working hours ago nbsp

A:Graphic card driver "uninstalls" itself twice every month?

Bump???????????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-driver-uninstalls-itself-twice-every-month.633119/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey guys my firefox randomly refused to load so then i opened IE and its useless It takes forever to load and then i immediately get popups about winning walmart gift cards after that my computer screeches to a halt and is just useless i downloaded HJT ran it and this is the output can anybody help im pretty frustrated I ran AVG SUPERantispyware and Malware Bytes they re coming up clean in safe mode and regular mode yet im still crippled Thanks for your time and knowledge Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes E WINDOWS System smss exe E PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system nvsvc exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe E Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe E Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe E Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE E WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE E WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE E Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe E Program Files Nike Nike Connect Nike Connect daemon exe E a just wont gift you card" walmart "congrats, Program "congrats, you just wont a walmart gift card" Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe E Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe E Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RCMan EXE E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe E Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe E Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe E Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service "congrats, you just wont a walmart gift card" AdskScSrv exe E Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe E Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe E Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE E WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe E Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe E Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe E Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe E Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsMax server exe E Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe E Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exe E WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe E Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe E WINDOWS system wuauclt exe E Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe E Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe E Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe E Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe E Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS system msiexec exe E WINDOWS system wuauclt exe E Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe E Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - E Program Files Common Fil... Read more

A:"congrats, you just wont a walmart gift card"

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this do following, please.
Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds file to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/congrats-you-just-wont-a-walmart-gift-card.964270/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am putting an older PC together from 3 partials & I installed this card because my sound was not working & it has Sound & Video ports on it & so I thought it might be a sound card. But It also has a phone line in & I believe a Ethernet plug in.

After running Windows Update all of my issues, including no sound were resolved.
I believe this card is a Dail UP modem & I would not use Dail Up if it was the only way left to get online...I would never surf the web again!

I just need to know if I need this card for anything besides a dial up connection?
I need some advice from someone who knows their stuff, as I only know enough about computer hardware to be able to really mess one up!

Thanks for any helpful replies...

A:Installed a card marked "Modem Blaster" in my PC...

33beth, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Quote:
I just need to know if I need this card for anything besides a dial up connection?

I really doubt it. From what I can find at best the audio jacks on that card are not for use as a sound card but for a headset/microphone to use the modem as a telephony device.

Even if it was a dual purpose card, there wouldn't be any drivers for it as looking at some of the modems listed on Creatives download pages, they were all declared end of life 7-8 (or more) years ago and any sound card capability would be in the same boat.

Looks like is you want sound on the old rebuild you're going to have to pick up a cheap sound card that has at least Vista support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/160389-installed-card-marked-modem-blaster-my-pc.html
Relevancy 82.56%

when I switched OS from win to win a while ago when Sound switching OS Solved: card "vanished" on my old but trusty laptop I quot lost quot my sound card I have decided it is time to fix it since I am recovering from surgery and have to Solved: Sound card "vanished" when switching OS spend my time sitting lying down Solved: Sound card "vanished" when switching OS and cannot sit at my desk top PC I have no idea what sound card I have but here is the error message Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device There may not be a sound device installed on your computer it may be in use by another program or it may not be functioning properly when I ask for more info this is the message Error ID xC D BA Condition ID x I am also unable to make the volume icon appear on the taskbar I ve exhausted my knowledge what can I do now Thanks John I have belarc advisor profile if that d be helpful to post nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

I recently upgraded to a 450 GTS and bought a new PSU. I have the PSU working and am on it right now. The problem is that when I place my 450 GTS into my computer and boot it up, my moniter says "Check Video Card". I am currently using my on-board graphics card to get my PC to start.

I also hear the system booting and loading through my speakers but my monitor is the only problem. Been frustrated for hours.. Please help.

Specs:
- Computer: HP Pavilion a6042n
- Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.20 GHz
- Ram: 2.00 GB
- Power Supply: RF-500WPS2 (500W-600W Peak)

Could this issue be because I need a bigger Power Supply. The graphics card I currently have requires 450W and I ran it on my other PC with the same Power Supply.

A:Monitor says "Check Video Card" after upgrading

It sounds as if you forgot to plug in the 6 pin PCI-E power connector on the graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-says-check-video-card-after-upgrading.158692/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Currently I m using a Amd Radeon on this pc Kernen nbsp nbsp nbsp Threads nbsp nbsp nbsp Naam nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel Core Duo E Codenaam nbsp nbsp nbsp ConroePakket nbsp nbsp nbsp Socket LGATechnologie nbsp nbsp nbsp nmSpecificatie nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel Core Duo CPU E GHzFamilie nbsp nbsp nbsp Uitgebreide familie nbsp nbsp nbsp Model nbsp nbsp nbsp FUitgebreid model nbsp nbsp nbsp FStepping nbsp nbsp nbsp BRevisie nbsp nbsp nbsp G Instructies nbsp nbsp nbsp MMX SSE graphic 755 card I can What in Optiplex Dell "maximum" use SFF SSE SSE What "maximum" graphic card can I use in Dell Optiplex 755 SFF SSSE Intel NX VMXVirtualisatie nbsp nbsp nbsp Ondersteund UitgeschakeldHyperthreading nbsp nbsp nbsp Niet-ondersteundBussnelheid nbsp nbsp nbsp MHZRated bussnelheid nbsp nbsp nbsp MHZStock What "maximum" graphic card can I use in Dell Optiplex 755 SFF kernsnelheid nbsp nbsp nbsp MHZStock bussnelheid nbsp nbsp nbsp MHZGemiddelde temperatuur nbsp nbsp nbsp deg C nbsp nbsp nbsp Caches nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp L data-cachegrootte nbsp nbsp nbsp x KBytes nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp L instructies-cachegrootte nbsp nbsp nbsp x KBytes nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp L unified-cachegrootte nbsp nbsp nbsp KBytes Internal Mem Gyg I am not satisfied with the performance of the Radeon What is the quot biggest graphic card I can use in the Dell Thanx Hein

A:What "maximum" graphic card can I use in Dell Optiplex 755 SFF

No such model card works with ALL SIZES.
MOST cards DO NOT FIT and WILL NOT WORK.
The slot is only 1 card wide.
The power supply is 305W or LESS depending on size.
the 755 is not a gaming system.
75W card max and ONLY with Mini tower.
Best single slot card for tower is a GT740.
https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-1GB-Graphics-Card-GT740-OC-1GD5/dp/B00KOUIOX6

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990370
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone I have a computer here that Internet Explorer crashes quite frequently on giving the error message quot Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close quot I have scanned the computer for spyware with Ad-Aware Spybot S amp D and MalwareBytes Ad-adware and Malwarebytes both found spyware and was able to remove it However the remove "Advanced Card Spyware can't - Verification" problem is still present IE crashes frequently and also pops up a box that says "Advanced Card Verification" Spyware - can't remove quot Advanced Card Verification quot whenever entering credit card information the box is blank I searched Google and found that this might be something called Zlob I have updated "Advanced Card Verification" Spyware - can't remove Internet Explorer to version - no luck I have disabled every BHO possible disabled third party extensions and deleted temp files Anyways here's the Hijack this log Can "Advanced Card Verification" Spyware - can't remove you offer me any suggestions on how to remove this malware Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Global Matrix MatrixfW MatrixfW exe C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item Add to Windows amp Live Favorites - http favorites live com quickadd aspx O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA... Read more

A:"Advanced Card Verification" Spyware - can't remove

Hi

Download GMER and save it your desktop:Extract it to your desktop and double-click GMER.exe
Click rootkit-tab and then scan.
Don't check
Show All
box while scanning in progress!
When scanning is ready, click Copy.
This copies log to clipboard
Post log in your reply.

Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized, if not you'll find it in c:\rsit folder)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/advanced-card-verification-spyware-cant-remove-302346.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi there I went to check my email Thursday with my desktop and my internet had stopped working I got the quot Limited or no Connectivity quot message I called my ISP Friday and they said that everything was good on there end and it was a problem with my computer I plugged in my laptop and it connects fine At first I thought it was a spyware issue or virus and after hours of googling and virus scans I eventually just bit the bullet reformatted my hd and did a clean network re-format new card after no "Limited and connectivity" or even install of Windows XP Home w SP After everything was up and running again I STILL got the quot Limited or no connectivity quot message SO I went and got a new network card and installed it and still nothing Still get the Limited or no connectivity message I did the ipconfig release amp renew but I get the quot could not contact DHCP server quot Here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name randys Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Linksys LNE TX Fast Ethernet Adapt Physical Address - c- - d-b - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway So my guess is I m screwed Maybe a bad motherboard or something Anyone have any idears Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:"Limited or no connectivity" even after re-format and new network card

are you using a router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-even-after-re-format-and-new-network-card.730269/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a system that has 2 video cards, one a Geforce 3MX440 (AGP) and a just a standard PCI S3 Trio video card. I want to be able to use the PCI card as a second video card, but when Windows starts I look at device manager and the card has the error "The device Cannot start"

I have tried different video cards, but get the same result.
I think the only other PCI card in this system is a network card (Which I need), the mainboard is an Intel D850GB running the latest BIOS designed for it.

If I put PCI to the primary video in the BIOS then the whole situation is reversed..

Any suggestions on how I can get the PCI video to start?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/secondary-video-card-the-device-cannot-start.274549/
Relevancy 82.56%

It s been a while but I use to hook my computer up to my big screen TV feature video Cannot card on "clone" find S -video every so often and I could have sworn it was by going through Display Settings and Advance Once in Advance my NVIDIA card would be there and I would click on it and choose the clone option so that what was on my computer would be on my TV But this week-end I tried it and it no longer showed my Video card or anything remotely close to the screen I had used before instead it now shows the typical dual monitor configuration setup ie extend desktop across both Cannot find "clone" feature on video card monitors I cannot figure how I lost my Video card screen where I could clone - am I just forgetting where I went and going to the wrong spot now Does any know if I m going to the wrong spot Or if something could have happened to take that screen away Thank you nbsp

A:Cannot find "clone" feature on video card

Nvidia comes out with new drivers about monthly. You might have downloaded a new driver. The option should be there still, but it may be in another place or they might reword "clone" as something else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-clone-feature-on-video-card.462058/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,

I do a fair amount of changing the Default and selecting the sound card that I use for various programs.

If I do a search with "sound," the Change Soundcard Settings option appears.

I click on it, and get the small screen that allows one to pick the cards for Playback, Recordings, and the Default one, etc.
No problem here.

Question: is it possible to have the screen show up continuously in the Task Bar, or generate a shortcut for the Desktop that would open it up ?

A bit of a pain to have to do a "Search" each time I want to use it.

Thanks,
Bob

A:"Change Sound Card Settings" Question

Just seen your post sitting there with no response. Couldn't just leave it. Yes you can create a shortcut.
Click the start button and in the right pane click on Control Panel. There you will see "Sound" Right click on this and choose "Create Shortcut" now a shortcut will appear on you desktop!

Sound Shortcuts - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/148756-change-sound-card-settings-question.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Quote:
The latest chatter from the graphics rumor mill is that Nvidia is hard at work readying a dual-GPU fermi part the company plans to call "GTX 490.

more..

A:Rumor: Nvidia to Dub Dual-GPU Fermi Card "GTX 490"

The power usage isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Rumour is it's also suppost to be out next quarter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/87079-rumor-nvidia-dub-dual-gpu-fermi-card-gtx-490-a.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 is showing up as a unknown device in device manager and i can't install the driver because it wont install a standard VGA driver

A:Graphics Card Showing up as "Unknown Device"

Hi, welcome to the forums

Are you sure it's a 9600 GFX card? The ATI/AMD site has no mention of anything above the 5xxx series of Mobility drivers?

It seems all info I find on the 9600 relates to XP as the latest OS for it, how old is the machine?

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/121392-graphics-card-showing-up-unknown-device.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello. I'm trying to fix my grandmother's computer (her second one actually... lol) and I had to reformat and reinstall windows 98SE. The only problem remaining is trying to find a driver for her network card. This computer is a clone and I don't have much information except what I can see.

The ethernet "card" is really tiny, and it's not PCI. It connects via a cable directly to the motherboard. The card says "PCNet" on it, and has no other markings. The motherboard is an Intel 810L Chipset, and I think the processor is Pentium II but can't really tell. I checked Intel's website but I can't find this specific driver. I don't even know what this "card" is called or where to look.

Can anyone help me!! My nice old grandma needs to surf the net in Florida! Someone help her! Thanks!!

A:HELP! Driver needed for grandma's network "card"

Are there any onther markings on the motherboard that would indicate the maker?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-driver-needed-for-grandmas-network-card.182326/
Relevancy 82.56%

I had a pci wireless card on my dell desktop and it was working fine. Two days ago, it stopped working so I was trying to reinstall the driver. At the end of the installation I got this error:" The specificed module could not be found" but I have no idea which module is missing. I tried another USB wireless adapter and I got the same error message. I know both wireless adapters should be in working condition because I tried them on a friend's desktop and both adapters can be installed just fine on that machine.

The quesiton is: is it really just some Windows files are missing/corrupted on my dell machine and what are these files, or the motherboard of the dell machine is damaged?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Joe

A:"The specified module could not be found" during wireless card intallation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found-during-wireless-card-intallation.886189/
Relevancy 82.56%

Whenever I try to put my SD card in the reader or a memory stick in the USB ports, I get the error message "E:\ Application Not Found". What does this mean? It's really weird, they were fine last week, and now all of a sudden none of them work? I'm not very technologically savvy, so please forgive me. I just checked the drivers and they are all updated, so what could it be? I can open the either one if I go to My Computer and right click, but I get that error message whenever I simply put them in. Any help would be appreciated!

A:"E:\ Application Not Found" SD card and memory stick

Hi,

We can try two methods to check if the issue gets fixed:

Method 1 (If autorun.inf file is present):

1. Go to control panel then folder options.
2. Press tab view and check view hidden files and folders.
3. Then go to the device not opening and explore it.
4. Look if you see autorun.inf and if present delete it.
5. Then disconnect USB device from system and reconnect it.

Method 2 (If autorun.inf file isn't present):

Go to command prompt, click Start and type the following command:
attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf

Press enter and then type the following command:
del X:\autorun.inf

Press enter and after this disconnect USB device from system and reconnect it.
To go to command prompt following the steps mentioned below:
1. Click Start.
2. Type in Search box CMD.
3. Right Click on CMD and RUN AS ADMIN.
4. Then type in attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf.
Note: Please notice that X means the drive letter (E:\, F:\, etc).

If the above steps do not work, in CMD type sfc /scannow. Please use the following link for detailed instructions: System Files - SFC Command

Note: Ensure that the data is backed up from the memory stick before you follow above mentioned steps.

Please post back with the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298435-e-application-not-found-sd-card-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I have a Dell PowerEdge T Server and since it does not come with USB I not Device Computer"?! but in PCI-e "My in Manager card USB3.0 decided to upgrade I bought a USB PCI-e card and installed it The card showed up in the device manager After I installed the driver USB3.0 PCI-e card in Device Manager but not in "My Computer"?! it was recognized and everything looked fine When I plug in my external USB hard drive the light on the drive goes on signalling that it gets power but the drive will not show up under quot my computer quot I remember seeing something briefly when the computer booted for the first time after I had the card installed and It said something about the PCI configuration having been changed Does this mean I have to quot enable quot the card somewhere Maybe in the BIOS Anyhow I tried different slots in on the Motherboard but the result is the same I plug my external drive in a message pops up that the hardware has been installed fine but I cannot see the drive thanks G p s this is the card I bought Amazon com Anker USB PCI-E Card with USB Ports and -Pin Power Connector for Desktops AI Computer Usb Port Cards Computers amp Accessories p p s The external drive works fine with the quot standard quot USB connectors

A:USB3.0 PCI-e card in Device Manager but not in "My Computer"?!

Does the USB hard drive show in disk management.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/322020-usb3-0-pci-e-card-device-manager-but-not-my-computer.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I got this laptop several years ago from costco The Dell Inspiron N It listed a nice video card When it was delivered I think they said they were out of that vidcard but gave me another equivalent I forget the details video my Device "Changed" card manager now tho For the longest time the video card driver was Device manager "Changed" my video card listed as quot ATI Radeon HD quot Just recently I had some BSOD issues of the Display timeout type One of the things I tried to fix the issue was to check for device driver But windows said that everything was fine and updated One of the last things I tried with it was to disable the video card device driver Radeon Then Try looking for updates again When I did this the system CHAGED DRIVERS on me It changed to Radeon v This Device manager "Changed" my video card sounded VERY familiar Like I think this was the original card that was supposed to be there Or else it was the one they switched to THe details are cloudy but I remember this name So which card do I have DO I trust what WIndows just did

A:Device manager "Changed" my video card

Why would you disable the Display device to find another driver? You'd want to Update driver to do that, or uninstall at the most to force a reinstall of the existing driver.

Re-enable the device you disabled and now what devices are listed under Display? From view Tab in Device Manager, unhide any devices.

Enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) then check for Updates, install all Important and Optional Updates except Bing. Look for drivers but also install all patches because these may be needed to make your devices work correctly.

To confirm the actual device make/model trace it's Hardware Identification. Once you have the true make/model device, go to your PC's Support Download webpage to look for the latest version of that driver in case it is modded by manufacturer for you laptop. If not, you can try the device maker's latest driver from its Support Downloads webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/355694-device-manager-changed-my-video-card.html