Windows Support Forum

Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

Q: Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

Is my motherboard compatible with and does it have enough power watts it compatible my Card have power new to & enough with run Is mob Video to run new video card My specs More details about my computer Component Details Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model H M-UD H Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce LE Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Secondary monitor resolution x Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Video Card Information Network Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS New Video card info Nvidia G-Force Video Px Video card UPC- Mb PCIExpress X Dual Monitor Support My power supply is watts and on my motherboard now there is only sticks of GB ram Patriot Viper Extreme and nothing else in any of the expansion slots I looked online but cannot get a straight answer Can my motherboard run this card with no issues Thanks I am shine nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

No one can say if it will run with no issues, just because there could be any number of complications that could pop up. If you asking will it work with your current system, then yes it will run on your current system with the PSU. I would advise that you uninstall the video drivers (and software) for the current card, changing out to the new card. This will create less of a head ache for you in the end.
I would also suggest trying to find another 2GB ram stick because your motherboard is a Dual Channel motherboard and the computer will run better if you have 4 sticks of ram instead of 3. Its not going to hurt your computer by having 3 sticks of ram versus 4, but you will get better overall performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mob-compatible-with-new-video-card-have-enough-power-to-run-it.202004/
Relevancy 74.39%

My 9 year old has a dell optiplex 755 SFF, he is asking me to upgrade his video card so he can play games like minecraft and some games on steam.
We are on a budget and found this Sapphire radeon 6450 on newegg for $39.99
Will this work in his computer and allow him to play minecraft? steam?
www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx;cm_re=6450-_-14-102-933-_-Product&RandomID=1698470702508220150427173530

Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19708702
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys,
I have a stupid question (clearly I'm not good with computers)
I've got an Nvidia Geforce fx 5200 128MB AGP Video Card
my AGP slot uses 1.5V and is of version 3

now I was thinking of buying this card:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=014211&cid=999.821
OR (the other website has more specs)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...Force&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1177718060586

would the card be compatible?

thanks so much

A:Is this video card compatible with my pc?

how big is your power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-video-card-compatible-with-my-pc.88086/
Relevancy 65.36%

hey guys whats up, i am wanting to upgrade my video card and RAM for WoW and i dont know if DDR2 RAM and certain video cards are compatible with my pc. how do i find this out? someone told me i needed to find my motherboard specs and it would tell me but i searched alot and can not find it. my pc specs are: E Machines AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 160GB HD, 512 MB DDR SD RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 4 mx graphics(dont know the specs on card), T3065, popdtpt30650104usa-01a. sorry if i didnt leave enough info, thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 65.36%

Hey I plan to get a new video card soon because I have an integrated one The thing is I want to make sure I get one that my computer can actually run My specs are Ghz AMD Athlon MB RAM GB HD For sure I have an AGP slot that runs Video Compatible Card at x I may get another MB of RAM but I haven t decided yet I m not looking for anything really fancy because my budget is like - The ones Compatible Video Card I m looking into are ATI or the GeforceFX Will they run decently on my computer Compatible Video Card without any large problems I just want to run Half Life at like a medium setting and I will Compatible Video Card be very happy Also I ve noticed that some computer outlet stores sell these cards but they always have another name in front of the video card such as Asus GeforceFX Is it still Geforce Is it still the same Also my motherboard is a Matsonic MS E Now I know I have to go into BIOS to change the settings to AGP but do I also have to uninstall the driver for my integrated video card And last thing Even though I hope the installation should go smoothly once I had a friend bring over his Geforce because I was going to buy it Unfortuntely nothing was displaying even after I changed my BIOS settings What are the things I can do if there were something to go wrong with the computer not displaying anything Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Before I buy a video card I want to make sure it is compatible and will work.

I would like to buy a Sapphire 9600pro 256 MB, 128bit, AGP, 4x/8x video card

I have a AMD Athlon XP 2500+, AMD 1832Mhz
The motherboard book says under the section AGP slot:
introduces a 66Mhz, 32-bit channel for the graphics controller to directly access main memory. The mainboard supports 4x/8x 1.5V AGP card

Is the card I am looking at two new and advanced for my motherboard or will it still work to its full potential. Is there another card I should get instead. If this card will not work or has alot of extras I am paying for that will not work what would you recommend instead?

Relevancy 65.36%

I ran the Win 7 compatibility test and all that came up was that my onboard video section didn't pass. I need to buy a video card ,so what should I get? I don't play games so I suppose I need a standard card without getting crazy. If I go shopping ,what info do I look for to satisfy Win 7?

I have an Intel E7400 and a Samsung Syncmaster 205bw monitor

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-compatible-with-win-7.871085/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I am wondering if it matters what video card I place in my motherboards pci express slot.
Does it matter if its ddr2, ddr3, or hd.

Also whats the difference from pcie 2.0 x16 and pcie x1.
Does it matter which one I place it in?

A:Video card compatible?

In answer to your questions...

PCI-E card for PCI-E slot...

The cards memory (vRAM) makes no difference for compatibility, it can have DDR2, GDDR3, 4 or 5. "hd" isn't a memory standard...

Depending on how your third question is interpreted;
(a) PCIe x16 (2.0) has a theoretical bandwidth twice that of 1.0, 500mb/sec as opposed to 250mb/sec -multiply each by the 16 PCI lanes (hence PCIe x16) to get the theoretical bandwidth of the slot (8Gb/sec vs 4Gb/sec). Data transfer rate and base clock frequency are also doubled.In reality there is little difference between the two since most of the graphics functions are handled within the card itself. Slot bandwidth only comes into play where the graphics card and CPU need to communicate in an intensive manner.
(b) A PCIe x16, as shown above, offers a much greater bandwidth than does a single lane PCIe x1. Such a large reduction will impact graphics performance in a great amount of gaming scenarios. See this article for a comparison of real world PCIe bandwidth (The article is based on the then current 1.0 specification)....

Always place the graphics card into the primary PCIe x16 slot if you have two or more available. This slot is invariably the PCIe x16 slot closest to the chipset/CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-compatible.149814/
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm building a computer, I'm using:

Asus A8N SLI Motherboard
Ultra X-connect 500W Power Supply
AMD 64 3000+ CPU

Can I use the ASUS Extreme 6600 Geforce or do I have to use the Extreme N6000GT for a video card? Is there a better video card I can get for around the same price? (150$)

A:Video Card Compatible?

You can use any PCI Express x16 video card; ATI or Nvidia from any manufacturer you like. The 6600GT is a great card and its hard to find anything compareable to it in that price range.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-compatible.327535/
Relevancy 65.36%

I was wondering what kind of video card and RAM are compatible with my motherboard.

I plan on putting in a 256MB video card and at least 2GB of RAM
Here is some of the information I seen in another post that was requested for. If you need anymore just let me know. Thanks!!

PC Wizard
----------------

Processor
---------------
Name: Intel Pentium 4
Frequency: 2800 MHz - (Current: 2793.18 MHz)
Graphics Card
---------------------
Name: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Bus Type: PCI
Texture Memory: 87 MB
Converter: Internal
Refresh Rate (min/max): 60/120 Hz
RAM
------------
Manufacturer: Infineon
Part #: 64D64320GU68
Type: DDR-SDRAM PC-2700 (166 MHz) - [DDR - 333]
Size: 512 MB (2 rows, 4 banks)
POWER SUPPLY
--------------------------
Watts: N/A
Amps: N/A

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-video-card-ram-is-compatible.879104/
Relevancy 65.36%

Need a video card (PCI-E) and driver compatible with a Gigabyte motherboard and Windows Server 2003 R2 OS. Suggestions? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-compatible-video-card.682934/
Relevancy 65.36%

I was given this SR5710y computer from best buy, it's alright but has a really crappy onboard graphics card. I did however notice it has a pci slot though, so i could possibly put a new video card on it. But I have absolutely no idea what video cards would fit into the tower, and work without additional power.

Model specs: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...7500050002&type=product&id=pcmprd107400050002

Can ANYONE tell me ANY video cards compatible with this motherboard / tower / windows vista? I just don't want this crappy onboard hunk of junk

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have a Dell Dimension computer I bought the new DCU Online not card Video compatible game it says my video is not compatible The minimum requirements for this game are P GHz or AMD equivalent GB RAM NVIDIA OR ATI video card GB Free Hard Drive Space PC audio solution containing Dolby Here are my computer specs Dell Dimension Series Service Manual Processor Processor type Intel Pentium processor or with HT Technology Intel Pentium that runs at and GHz internally and MHz externally Level L cache KB Level L cache -MB displayed in system setup pipelined-burst eight-way set associative write-back SRAM Memory Type -MHz PC- and -MHz PC- Video card not compatible DDR unbuffered SDRAM non-ECC Memory connectors four Memory capacities - - - or -GB non-ECC Minimum memory MB NOTE Up to MB of system memory may be allocated to support graphics depending on system memory size and other Video card not compatible factors Maximum memory GB NOTE See quot Addressing Memory With -GB Configurations quot to verify the amount of memory available to the operating system BIOS address F h Computer Information Chipset Intel G Express DMA channels eight Interrupt levels BIOS chip NVRAM -Mb NIC integrated network interface capable of communication System Clock -MHz data rate Video Type integrated or PCI Express Audio Type ADI AC Codec Expansion Bus Bus type PCI PCI Express x and PCI Express x Bus speed PCI MHz PCI Express x slot bidirectional speed - MB s x slot bidirectional speed - GB s PCI connectors two connector size pins connector data width maximum bits PCI Express connector one PCI Express x connector size pins connector data width maximum PCI Express lane PCI Express connector one PCI Express x connector size pins connector data width maximum PCI Express lanes Drives Externally accessible one -inch drive bay two -inch drive bays Available devices SATA hard drives floppy drive USB memory devices CD drive CD-RW drive DVD drive DVD-RW drive and DVD and CD-RW combo drive Internally accessible two bays for -inch high SATA hard drives Connectors External connectors Serial -pin connector C-compatible Parallel -hole connector bidirectional Video -hole connector Network adapter RJ connector PS keyboard and mouse -pin mini-DIN USB two front-panel and six back-panel USB -compliant connectors Audio five connectors for line-in line-out microphone surround and center Low Frequency Effects LFE channel one front-panel connector for headphones System board connectors Primary IDE drive -pin connector on PCI local bus Serial ATA two -pin connectors Floppy drive -pin connector CD Audio -pin connector Fan -pin connector PCI -pin connector PCI Express x -pin connector PCI Express x -pin connector Telephony TAPI -pin connector Power DC power supply Wattage W Heat dissipation BTU hr Voltage see the safety instructions located in your Product Information Guide for important voltage setting information to V and to V at Hz Backup battery -V CR lithium coin cell Physical Height cm inches Width cm inches Depth cm inches Weight kg lbs Environmental Temperature Operating to C to F NOTE At C F the maximum operating altitude is m ft Storage - to C - to F Relative humidity to noncondensing Maximum vibration Operating G at to Hz at octave min Storage G at to Hz at octave min Maximum shock Operating bottom half-sine pulse with a change in velocity of inches sec cm sec Storage -G faired square wave with a velocity change of inches sec cm sec Altitude Operating - to m - to ft Storage - to m - to ft I did upgrade to GB ram a while back I installed the game and it was ok up until checking compatibility My video failed I have no idea about this stuff I was also told by a friend I may need to update my power supply as mine is Watt Could someone please point me in the right direction with the video card and power supply I bought this computer in so its kind of old I may also need to pick up a small external hard drive Thanks for any and all help Waverlyguy nbsp

A:Video card not compatible

I went onto CAN YOU RUN IT?,and of course, I failed. I can't find the recommended drives (NVIDIA 7800 or the ATI 1950) I have no idea what to buy or what is compatible with my computer.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Waverlyguy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-not-compatible.976550/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a dell studio xps 8100 running windows 10 psu is dell model AC460AD-01 my current video card is a NVidia GeForce gt 220 pci x16 gen2 it needs to be updated pretty badly my question is will the EVGA 02G-P4-3753-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card
work with my computer and if not what would be the best card to get for it that card is going to cost me around $120 cant afford to spend anymore then that also I play mainly blizzard games such as Warcraft and diablo just in case that's relavent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compatible-video-card.1169204/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I need to buy a graphic card to my old Pentium II 300 (motherboard Soyo and AGP slot 1.0 1X/2X).

I would like to know if a Geforce 2 MX400 works fine in this machine (I think my AGP slot is 3,3V).

I have seen some cards that have a cooler and some without it. According to your experience, which are the best?

Thanks in advance.

A:Video card compatible to old PII 300

I believe that they are all backwards compatible AGP wise, but check the packaging to make sure. You can probably also find some good and cheap PCI based video cards that will run as well as AGP 1 cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-compatible-to-old-pii-300.402528/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have an HP pavilion a1020n running on
519J Intel 4 processor,
512MB pc2-3200 ddr2 sdram
200gb ata HD

It's a very basic, bough out the store computer with nothing added to it. I purchased a Radeon 9250 PCI 256MB (no fan) card for it, worked fine for about 2 months, then the pc kept freezing at the xp loading screen. Once I removed the card, computer worked just fine. Could it be overeating? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Inspiron 570 with the integrated video. I'm looking to upgrade the video card and I'm unsure what type of PCI-E card version that I need. I do know the motherboard is model 04GJJT. Can someone help me? I looking at 1 of 2 different cards to use depending on if my board is compatible.
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100256L Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (friend looking to sell for $50)
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100293L Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card ($60 new)

A:Looking for compatible video card for my Inspiron 570

both should fit, but you need to check that your psu is powerful enough to run either of the cards, personaly i would go for the low profile card as i don't think your case has much room in it. If you do upgrade as well as possibly upgrading the psu you should also check for any increase in heat in the case as both cards(the 4670 more than the 5570) will generate more heat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/194183-looking-compatible-video-card-my-inspiron-570-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok so i need a new video card my motherboard is a PEGATRON CORPORATION NARRA it has a NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce in it right now but i wanting to upgrade it to NVIDIA GeForce GTX if thats even better at all Im trying to play card buying one a new is video I'm not compatible what sure bfbc but it so slow that the graphics dont keep up i can throw c take secs for the c to show up and then blow it and it takes forever for anything to happen even single player is slow and my pc has gb ram heres my current video car specs in case ya want to see Card name NVIDIA I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible GeForce SE nForce Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce SE I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible nForce DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS A C C amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name HP Series Wide LCD Monitor Monitor Model HP Monitor Id HWP Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvd dum nvwgf umx dll nvwgf um Driver I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Ex Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- D - A C C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x D SubSys ID x A C C Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name nv lh inf NVIDIA Mfg NTamd nv NV x ci ven de amp dev d Rank Of Driver F Video Accel Also if you can give me suggustions on any cards that would work that would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible

That should work, but with Pegatron, you never know, and they are not willing to tell you on their website.

Do you have the motherboard memory maxed out, a decent hard drive, and all other features up to snuff? You shouldn't be having major problems with that video card, and it may be that you will not be able to get better performance, based on that system board.

I see you apparently have already searched a number of other sites... so info is scarce.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-buying-a-new-video-card-not-sure-what-one-is-compatible.149420/
Relevancy 64.93%

How do I find out what is the highest PCI video card my mobo can handle?

A:Maximum compatible PCI video-card

Video cards aren't like CPUs where sysbos can only handle up to a certain speed. First check what AGP multipliers your board supports, most of the boards out today are 4x, but there are a few with up to 6x. If there isn't this revolutionary new discovery in video cards, like a new slot or something, then you won't have a problem with a video card released a couple years from now on a board you have now, only that it won't be running at it's full potential.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maximum-compatible-pci-video-card.1727/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I have an Hp a n computer This has G of ram and a watt power supply Operating system is vista x My problem is problem card Video compatible a a while Video card compatible problem back my integrated video went up in smoke on the motherboard I recently purchased an ATI Radeon pci express video card Before I installed this card I formatted the HD and started out fresh The card was then installed and then the Video card compatible problem proper driver was downloaded and installed from AMD The problem I am having is that is when booting up warm or cold the system freezes up after a minute or so If I Video card compatible problem remove the driver in device manager and reboot then the pc is fine but no good resolution Does anyone think this may be some type of software sharing conflict and not a hardware problem Or could it be that the requirements for the card is G of ram and a watt power suppy and one of them is maxed out Is there a way to test that Or is something else going on Stumped here thanks Dan nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, i have a game i want to play but my video card needs to be better.

I have a Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Controller

Features:

Video RAM =128.0 MB

3D= yes
Pixel Shader version= 2.0
Vertex Shader version
= 0.0

All i need is one with vertex shader version 1.0, preferably 2.0. There are alot of video cards out there, but i need one thats compatible with mine.
I have: Product::: HP Pavillion Laptop dv4000

SPECS::::
windows XP, home editon version 2002 service pack 3

HP intel(R) Pentuim(R) M
processor 1.73GHz
1.73 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Where can i find video cards compatible?

A:Good compatible video Card

You can't upgrade your video card, most laptops including yours, do not allow the graphics card to be upgraded.

But you may be able to try an updated driver and maybe it'll work, the 915 doesn't have hardware Vertex Shades but it can be emulated in software/drivers.

Intel drivers: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=12536&ProdId=1862&lang=eng

3D Analyze is one program that can emulate hardware support: http://www.theprohack.com/2009/03/using-3d-analyzer-to-play-games-without.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/good-compatible-video-card.930105/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am looking to upgrade my PC system with a new Video card. I am interested in the ATI Radeon 9600 XT 256mb video card but not sure if it is compatible with the ASUS A7V600-x MB. The Video card is 500mhz VPU with 400mhz ddr memory. The MB has PC3200 athlonXP CPU with 400mhz fsb, 400mhz ddr memory and AGP 8x technology with bus speed of 533mhz. Can someone tell me please if this is a compatible combination? Will there be any problems?

A:Looking for compatible Video card for ASUS MB

I know this is an old post. But unanswered.

The short answer is as long as you have AGP 8x, and your video card is AGP 8x, you're fine. If you case has the room for it. If your power supply has extra power for it. Then go right ahead.

Otherwise, if you're still hanging around here, what did you end up doing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-compatible-video-card-for-asus-mb.21914/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I have been looking at this for a while now and I could never figure it out Since I have a ty card ATI Radeon that can t even get the latest updates and has a max fps of I think it s time for a new one What with compatible card video is mobo? best my the Could someone please find the best performance price ratio video card for my mobo I checked google and had no helpful results Like I said I want the best video card I can get for this What is the best video card compatible with my mobo? mobo BUT within - I am willing to go up to if necessary Here is my Mobo http www msicomputer com product p M M-V amp class mb P S Could someone tell on a scale of - how good my motherboard is P P S Are Video cards and Graphics cards the same If you need any more info just tell me Edit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz O S Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack nbsp

A:What is the best video card compatible with my mobo?

Well you have a AGP 8x slot, so you will be able to get a pretty decent card for that slot. I would recommend this one but unfortunately it is out of stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150210

So I would get this one since it is in stock. And not a bad card either.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150174

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-best-video-card-compatible-with-my-mobo.95942/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am planning to buy a new LCD monitor SCEPTRE X20G - NAGA III.

http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=14584901

My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 420. How can I check if it's compatible with the new monitor that I'm planning to get? Does it support 1080I, resolution of 1680 x 1050?

If it's not compatible, then what video card should I get?

Relevancy 64.93%

My motherboard manual says i have a "PCI express" video card slot. but it doesn't say if 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0. I'm assuming it's 1.0 because the motherboard is a bit old and the video card as well(Nvidia geforce 7300 se/7200 gs) If i'm right and it's a PCI-e 1.0 motherboard, what video card can be compatible with it? 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0? I want to buy a new video card.

A:Is a PCI-E16 1.0 Mobo compatible with a PCI-E 2.0/3.0 video card?

I would think so. I have an old Intel DP35 MOBO and put in a GTX 560 last year and all is good.
Art.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/262695-pci-e16-1-0-mobo-compatible-pci-e-2-0-3-0-video-card.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a PC HP pavilion p6725it p.n. LL434EA with motherboard Cleveland-GL8. As newer video card can I install? My video card doesn't work very well and I need to replace it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Compatible-motherboard-with-video-card/td-p/5822147
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey people, Agony here. I was wondering if this http://stores.tomshardware.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=70345559/st=product_tab videocard is compatible with my system. My system specs are:

Operating system
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

System Model
Foxconn G33M03 1.0
Enclosure Type: Mini-Tower

Processor
120.05 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
24.30 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
CD-ROM Drive
Apple iPod USB Device [Hard drive] (4.05 GB) -- drive 1
SAMSUNG SP1213N [Hard drive] (120.06 GB) -- drive 0

Memory Modules
2040 Megabytes Installed Memory
Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB (serial number SerNum0)
Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty
Slot 'DIMM2' is Empty
Slot 'DIMM3' is Empty

Local Drive Volumes
c: (NTFS on drive 0) 120.05 GB 24.30 GB free

Display
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family [Display adapter]
PHILIPS 107T4 [Monitor] (15.2"vis, s/n BZ 80310518, January 2003) (2x)

Relevancy 64.93%

I am looking to upgrade my graphics card. But I'm not sure by reading the descriptions what would be the best fit for my existing system.

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz Motherboard - ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5E 4.00 GB with 3.25 GB available Graphics Card - Radeon X1950 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) High Definition Audio Device Hard drive WDC WD7501AALS-00J7B0 ATA Device

Should I go Radeon like what I have? Can I go GeForce? I need to ensure that it can connect to my monitor as well as my large flatscreen. And play dvd's/blu rays on it as well. (I have a blu ray drive ready to go)

Opinions?

If anyone wants to point to a specific one, I'm buying from HERE, unless ncix.ca has a cheaper price.

Thanks for any info in teaching me this stuff....

A:Looking for help in identifying compatible video card

here's one that I'm interested in... no idea if it'll work with my system though.

Asus GTX650TiB DirectCU II OC Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, DP at Memory Express

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313720-looking-help-identifying-compatible-video-card.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I want to change my video card to a Geforce 8500 GT. I have a emachines model: C3070. Can I use this card? Will I have to use AGP or PCI? If AGP, where is that located?

If it is not compatible, can u give me suggestions for cards that are also inexpensive. Thank you.

A:Is this video card compatible to my computer?

8500s are PCIE slots...So that calls for a PCI-E slot...But just my 50 cents...the 8500 sucks lol Do you have a set budget? If so please tell D: And do you know what slots your motherboard has? Can't seem to find info on google

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-video-card-compatible-to-my-computer.94047/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,
My video card is beginning to wear down. Its a 32mb AGP Nvidia Riva TNT2. My Mobo's expansion slot are 1 AGP slot (supports 2x/4x mode) and 3 PCI bus master slots - ver. 2.1 compliant. I wanted to upgrade a bit and at the same time find a replacement for my vc. I think I'm limited by my mobo and budget.
Question: Will the Inno3D Geforce MX 440 (my choice will be ok?) these are the specs:
chipset : Geforce MX 440
Memory: 128 mb DDR
Core Frequency : 275 MHz
Memory Frequency: 266 MHz
RAMDAC: 350MHZ
Interface: AGP 8x/4x
Pixel per clock: 128-bit
I've got Windows XP SP2 Pentium IV 1.80GHz 512 RAM

Hope to get some of your expertise on this matter. Thanks.

Tony

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone. I have finally gotten my birthday money and have decided to upgrade my video card with it. However, I am wondering if this new video card I have picked out will be compatible with my PC or not. Therefore, I am asking for some help. My basic PC details are available in my signature and the video card I have picked out is at the link below:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814140051

What do you think?

Relevancy 64.93%

Windows updated itself yesterday and now my screensaver won't work. I get the message "The screen saver can't run, because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct 3D".

My graphic card is up to date.

I use Windows 7 (64)
PC is 1 year old.

Any idea how I can fix it without going out to buy a new card?

A:Video Card not compatible with Direct 3D

Hello,

Can you please post your system specs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432213/video-card-not-compatible-with-direct-3d/
Relevancy 64.93%

So I've been building my pc (first time) and its be frustrating to say the least.

I've hit another road block here, my video card is DVI-I and my monitor has two connections, VGA and DVI, my Monitor came with a VGA Cable and my Video Card came with two VGA-DVI adapters. So I put the adapter on the video card end and plugged the VGA cable into the VGA slot on the monitor.

Nothing.

So I put the adapter on both ends but the DVI-I adapter wont fit into the DVI slot!

Is there anyway to get around any of this or am I totally screwed?

Thank you all for your help!

Relevancy 64.93%

Just bought this motherboard, just got it today - and I'm guessing I have to go and buy a new video card now because it seems that it doesn't fit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131569

I'm guessing I'm looking for a PCI-Express video card? I haven't been gaming at all lately so on-board video would've been fine. I say would've because this MB didn't come with onboard video

So can someone tell me if my Radeo 9800 Pro video card would somehow fit?

Thanks

A:This MOBO Compatible With This Video Card?

I'm afraid you are right. Time for a new video card. $$$

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/this-mobo-compatible-with-this-video-card.542154/
Relevancy 64.93%

Is the XFX Radeon 7970 video card compatible with a an Asus P9Z68-V LE motherboard? I'm rather confused with Crossfire and SLI, is it Crossfire allows multiple Radeon video cards and SLI allows multiple NVidia video cards?

A:Is this video card compatible with this motherboard?

Yes, the card is compatible with the mobo.

Your Crossfire and SLI understanding is correct. However, it extends to GPU's, not just 'cards'. Cards like HD7990 and GTX690 use Crossfire/SLI internally as they have two GPU's on one card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-video-card-compatible-with-this-motherboard.193002/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a self built computer with a MSI 870-G54 board and am wondering about a good Video card for this board.  I have a Thermaltake TR2-430NLINH PSU.  Thanks for suggestions.  I don't do any gaming at all.
Thanks

A:Wondering about a compatible video card for windows 10

If you don't do any gaming at all, the built in graphics in your motherboard or CPU will be adequate.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585866/wondering-about-a-compatible-video-card-for-windows-10/
Relevancy 64.07%

I now use 98SE and want to upgrade to XP Pro. I prefer to not format and reload my 160 GB drive, but I can.

The XP system analyzer says my video card is not compatible with my system board. Here are the specs for both:

VGA: XFX GeForce FX 5200 AGP8 with 256 DDR memory. AGP slot set to 8x.

SBoard: Chaintech CT-7NJL6. 1024 MB RAM installed. Bus at 166 MHz. Board is not overclocked.

Other:
WD 160 GB drive partitioned into 2 80 GB drives
Linksys 10/100 Ethernet adapter
Adaptech SCSI PCI adapter for my HP scanner.
HP DJ690 printer
MAG DX771fs 17" CRT.

Chaintech sells a clone of the XFX card and I find it hard to believe their card would not work with their system board!

What do I need to tweak?

Thanks

Kevin

Relevancy 64.07%

I have a self built computer with a MSI 870A-G54 main board. I would like to upgrade the video card in order to have it windows 10 compatible. What is a good video card for this board? I was wondering if the Geo Force GT240 is compatible and if there is other better options. Thanks.

A:Windows 10 compatible video card for MSI 870A-G54

More importantly than the board would be to identify the exact make, model and wattage of your power supply. The motherboard has several PCI E slots so it should support pretty much any PCI E graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-compatible-video-card-for-msi-870a-g54.1153067/
Relevancy 64.07%

My laptop currently has the i5 460m 2.53 GH-z and standard hd graphics installed. I have already upgraded RAM and SSD and am looking to make it a bit better with a new processor and graphics card. I am having a hard time finding the compatible CPU and GPU models. It would be greatly appreciated if someone would help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-i7-processors-and-video-card-upgrade-are-compatible/td-p/5802252
Relevancy 64.07%

my monitor is a compaq it is a trinitron is it compatible with my NVIDIA GeForce 6200(XFX) 256MB DDR2 AGP8X video card and my motherboard is ASUS P4S533-X
please help me out i got this card juss to play oblivion.

Relevancy 64.07%

I've got a compaq presario 5bw130 with a mv740 monitor. I've formatted the hard drive and am running a simple XP machine now. All drivers are up to date and I have no problems. I would like to add a video (PCI) card to the mother board to increase my video from 11mb shared to 64mb. I've seen little bits and pieces of information suggesting the MV740 has compatability problems with video cards because it doesn't act like a normal VGA monitor. Does anyone know of a card that is compatable? or what, if anything, I must be careful of when purchasing one for a MV740. tks

A:compaq mv740 video card compatible

Where did you hear it doesn't act like a normal VGA monitor? It looks OK to me, it has the standard 15 pin plug, and you would just plug the speakers into the sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-mv740-video-card-compatible.192149/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everybody. Im planning on getting a new video card but I don?t know which one will be compatible with my system. my budget ranges from 50-120. I have an agp slot and plan on doing some gaming on the computer (after the ram upgrade of course) and would like any suggestions that are compatible with my system. The computer that I have is a Compaq Presario SR1520NX.I have an AMD Sempron Processor 3100+. Going to get 1gb ram. I also have 250 watt power supply. If you need anymore information on my computer feel free to ask. Thank you for your time.

A:Need new video card that’s compatible with my system

I'd recommend getting this PSU and this video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-new-video-card-that%E2%80%99s-compatible-with-my-system.97132/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Trident video card that does not have OpenGL support. I have a frustrating history of buying games only to find them inoperable on my machine.

As a practical matter, can I just replace my video card with one that supports OpenGL (whatever that is), or would it make more sense to buy a new computer? Assuming I can just replace the video card:

1) Which card would you recommend for optimum game performance?

2) Where is a good place to buy and install the card?

Many thanks for any responses. Please keep in mind I am a computer idiot when drafting your responses. Thanks.

A:Upgrading to OpenGL-Compatible Video Card

There is a program that might help with OpenGL ( what is OpenGL? well it's that nice "program" which will let your computer display and play games like Quake 3 A, Return to Castle Wolfenstein in all the "splendor" )
Try and dowload the GLsetup from www.glsetup.com ( be aware darn thing is 60+ megs..)
That should give you the possibility of playing OpenGL games. Another thing that i would do is to look on the web site ( under support/tech support) of the manufacturer of your computer for an updated video driver for your Trident.
If all fails then it's time to get another video card.. And it boils down to what kind of video card that Trident is..
If it's a PCI ( the manual for the computer will tell what kind of video card is ) then you can go with a video card made by Nvidia ( as in Visiontek,Gainward ..etc) . Another route could be a 3DFX Voodoo5 PCI ( i will probably take a lot of flak for this one ) but it's still an alternative..
On the other hand if you have a AGP video card ( again computer manual should tell) then there are couple of options... ATI, Geforce ....personally i like the Geforce cards but then again if you have a chance check out and do a visual compare between an ATI 8500 and a Geforce 3 Ti200. If you are on a budget then get a Geforce 2 MX 400 card...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-to-opengl-compatible-video-card.69773/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Dell Optiplex G520 and I, unfortunately, am running Windows 7 on it. Since installing Windows 7 I have had problems with my video card. Certain websites will not recognize my video card or say it's outdated. However, I had no problems whatsoever while I was running Windows XP. What can I do about this? Is there a driver I can install to fix it, or does anyone know of a good graphics card I can buy that will be compatible with both my computer and Windows 7? Thanks for your help with this.

A:Windows 7 Compatible Video card/driver

If you go into the device manager right click on computer and choose device manager on the left what video card does Windows 7 say is installed in your computer.

My guess is either the built-in Intel or a ATX x300 / x600. It may also show VGA.

You most likely need to get a video card that is supported by Windows 7. Which of the GX520 series is it?

[attachment=115256:gx520.JPG]
If it is the smallest one on the right no card is possible. The center slimline needs a low profile card and the left hand one can take a regular card.

From the Intel Website: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&keyword=%2282945g%22

According to this the built-in video has a driver available for it. If you have the ATI most likely no driver. In that case you can remove the video card and download the Intel driver or buy a new Win7 card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434823/windows-7-compatible-video-carddriver/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all.

I have of late decided to see if I could get the analog TV tuner up and running which I got free with my Dell Inspiron 6400. As far as I can see the TV tuner works thru Media Center and this is where my problem begins (and finishes). When I start Media Center I get the following warning;

"Your video card or drivers are not compatible with Media Center"

After hitting the OK button to get Media Center running I then attempt to view a video or watch live TV, which brings up a further warning;

"Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly. Please restart media center and/or restart the computer"

Restarting does not solve the problem. I have no problem playing videos thru Windows Media Player, so I am a bit confused as to why Media Center is being so awkward. All advice gratefully received.

Shane

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203588/your-video-card-or-drivers-are-not-compatible-with-media-center/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a windows XP laptop home edition My graphics card is ati radeon I recently wanted to try out the game second life but Graphics And Video Card. With Help, Assistance Controler (vga My Want Please? Compatible) the game Want Assistance With My Video Controler (vga Compatible) And Graphics Card. Help, Please? kept freezing I searched on the net and was advised to update my graphics card to the ati-radeon Anyway after downloading this newest version I wanted to install it So I went through the steps of uninstalling the Want Assistance With My Video Controler (vga Compatible) And Graphics Card. Help, Please? old version of my graphics card as outlined in the site http support ati com ics support defau However after uninstalling the old version i tried installing the new one and it wasn t accepted My laptop kept saying that I don t have Net framework version so I downloaded it Then the laptop said that the VGA won t support Want Assistance With My Video Controler (vga Compatible) And Graphics Card. Help, Please? this new version When I looked through the Advanced option of the device manager the VGA had a yellow question mark Anyway I reinstalled my former ati-radeon but I still want the updated one help please

A:Want Assistance With My Video Controler (vga Compatible) And Graphics Card. Help, Please?

The issue that it seems you're having is that you've got a Radeon 7000 card and are trying to install drivers for the radeon 9800, which is a different card altogether. The 7000 only supports up to catalyst driver version 6.1.1, while the 9800 supports up to version 7.5. The drivers for the 9800 won't run the 7000 card.

If you want more performance out of your laptop, then I suggest that you upgrade the card to something better than it's current card. You can get graphic cards at most local stores (like best buy, walmart etc.) and at a ton of places online.

Hope this helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96706/want-assistance-with-my-video-controler-vga-compatible-and-graphics-card-help-please/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I am looking to upgrade the graphics card inside my Dell Dimension 5150 desktop PC. However I am unsure as to what card to buy, I would like one that is compatible with Windows 10 and that is also compatible with the in-built PSU as well. If I could change the PSU as well so I could get a more powerful graphics card that would help as well, could you point me in the right direction of which one to buy please? Am I correct in understanding that the current PSU in the 5150 is a 305w PSU? I live in the United Kingdom so any websites I am pointed to, to buy such items would need to be able to ship to the United Kingdom.
Many thanks!

A:Dimension 5150, video card, Windows 10 compatible?

Yep I think it's supposed to be a 305w PSU (probably an H305P), the best graphics card is a mystery... could be the GTX 750 ti but usually a 400w PSU is recommended for such a card, so I haven't took the risk.  Also I was looking for a single slot 750ti and one that was small enough so it wouldn't be obstructed but the processor heat sink housing.  Here's a similar question and I read lots of similar discussions about the 5100, 5150, E510, E520 as they are all basically the same machine.
Not much help I know but was just here wishing someone would answer my post :)
Tommy

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19991299
Relevancy 63.64%

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138298

This is my motherboard, apparently not any old video card can run on it, something to do with pins :/ So I need a new video card, anything $100-200 will do, but it needs to be a new good one to run Skyrim. My current video card is:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

A:Need helping pick out a new video card that's compatible with my motherboard

Bit confused, that's a PCIe which you will need for any modern card and as a 6850 owner I'm having no frame rate issues with Skyrim. What resolution are you trying to play at? What are the problems you are encountering?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-helping-pick-out-a-new-video-card-thats-compatible-with-my-motherboard.175082/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I found a cheap card and my question is if it would play decently windows media center in my desktop pc, so I can turn it into something like a dvr. The card is a nvidia geforce 6200 512 mb

A:Need to know if video card is compatible with windows media center

Welcome to SevenForums.

Quote: Originally Posted by user72012

Hello, I found a cheap card and my question is if it would play decently windows media center in my desktop pc, so I can turn it into something like a dvr. The card is a nvidia geforce 6200 512 mb

This is not a card I would choose to use.

By todays standards it is very old technology especially for a win7 OS

If you would like to have some suggestions, please fill out your location and state a price range.

Thanks
JMO Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/202053-need-know-if-video-card-compatible-windows-media-center.html
Relevancy 63.64%

help me on this please, i intend to buy a 128mb or 256mb video card for gaming purposes but my motherboard graphics max memory is only 64. it is possible that the 128 or higher video card runs in my motherboard?

my motherboard is ASRock p4i4gv

Relevancy 63.64%

Is my new video card compatible wiht my motherboard? AND my Monitor?
NVIDIA GeForce 6200(XFX) 256MB DDR2 AGP8X

SYSTEM SPECS:
Pentium4 2.4GHz
ASUS P4S533
NVIDIA GeForce 6200(XFX)which i dunt know what it means 256MB DDR2 AGP8X
one 512DDR one 256DDR
SoundMax

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Folks,
I would be most grateful if anyone could help with the following:
I have a DELL 9200 Dimension series desktop pc which has an ATI Radeon X1300 Pro video card installed.
I upgraded from Win XP to Win 7 x64 a few years ago and my X1300 is working fine.
Most info on the web suggests that the X1300 card is not compatible with Win 10.
I'm now trying to get ready to upgrade to Win 10.
However, my mobo PCIe is only level 1.1 and most new graphics cards are PCI 2.0 or greater.so I need to find a PCIe graphics card which is advanced enough to be compatible with Win 10 but old enough or backward compatible right back to PCIe v 1.1
If anybody has already solved this issue I would love to know which card was used.
All help appreciated.
Regards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19708895
Relevancy 62.78%

Audio card for Dell Dimension compatible with Windows Hello everybody Fresh member and glad to be here Lemme start with a problem I am hoping somebody here can help me with Last weekend I upgraded my Dell Dimension to Windows After some work finally I am left with just one compatibility issue it came with the SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio card Dell compatible 8300 for Dimension card with 7? Windows Video and I am unable to find drivers for it that work Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7? with Windows I searched online and found a few others have hit Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7? this problem and even suggested solutions which didn t work for me I am guessing I will simply have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement audio card Problem is how do I make sure that an Audio card is compatible with both the hardware Dell Dimension and the software Win I am not a gamer so am not looking for the best-of-the-best just something that allow me to play songs and video And yes the integrated in the existing card s name - does it mean I cannot remove it or it is integrated with something else video card Will that be an issue thanks - radhak nbsp

A:Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7?

Welcome!

you can try DriverEasy and see if it finds any working drivers(?) it was recommended to me also here on TechSpot so now I pass it on for me it works really good, the only down side with the free version of the program is that the download is really slow (limited to 8-20kbps).

Do you mean you want to remove the integrated wound card? -basically everything that is "integrated" can be disabled (in the bios) but not removed. If you get an other sound card and install it then most likely the bios will automatically disable the integrated sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-for-dell-dimension-8300-compatible-with-windows-7.154400/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have some old VHS tapes I want to copy to my computer My old cap card was cheap and worked great but the driver doesn t work w Win - bit I tried of those RCA-input to USB-output capture devices but the audio never stays in sync w the video I ve tried it on multiple computers and never had any luck w it So now I m back looking for a card It can be very basic -- I prefer me decent Win7-compatible Help card video capture a find RCA inputs but coax would be ok too It doesn t need to be HD-capable either and I don t need any editing software PCI-e interface would be great but I can use PCI too The issue is that it has to be compatible w Win -bit I d prefer to keep the budget to maybe at the most But I can t find what I m looking for at any price The closest I ve found so far is this card at NewEgg http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E but despite the positive rating many reviews mention that it doesn t work well w SD sources which of course is the only thing I would use it for If I can t Help me find a decent Win7-compatible video capture card find anything I ll probably just end up doing a dual-boot w Win and WinXP so I can use my old card but I m sure that will be a PITA nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

I am looking for something to run 2x DVI and HDMI TV all at the same time. Can 6870 do that? I currently have HD5570 and it can only do 2 monitors at a time.

Also is $80 decent for a **USED** 6870 or is there something better that I should be looking at for $80 to run 3 displays?

If there is something better, I would like to make sure there IS a fan. Not interested in fanless.

(EDIT: Seems theres a couple different versions of the 6870, this is the version I am looking at Radeon HD 6870 Video Card | system components | St. Catharines | Kijiji)

A:Is Radeon HD 6870 Video Card compatible w/ ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo MB?

As long as you have a PCI-E x16 Slot in that motherboard (In which case it does), then it will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/386910-radeon-hd-6870-video-card-compatible-w-asus-p5q-pro-turbo-mb.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Is an Asus P5P800 mobo compatible with XFX 6600 ge Force 256 mb video card? If not can anyone tell me me what are the compatible brands for asus p5p800? I appreciate all the help & advice.

Thanx!

A:is Asus P5P800 compatible with an XFX 6600 256mb video card?

According to the ASUS site, the P5P800 has an AGP slot. A 6600 is fine as long as it's an AGP model and not PCI-e.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-asus-p5p800-compatible-with-an-xfx-6600-256mb-video-card.42869/
Relevancy 61.49%

My video card first started acting up. It would switch to my onboard video, then back to my video card, then back the forth until the video card stopped working. I tested my video card in a different PC and it works fine. Now my onboard video has stopped working. I have a cheap power supply in my computer. Do you think it's the PSU?

I need some advice.

Thanks

Relevancy 61.49%

I see and video BIOS 8500 avoiding compatible installations XPS card graphic issues several threads looking for XPS nbsp video card upgrades that can be used with the stock w PSU or upgraded PSU nbsp However in upgrading the GPU for this machine there are some cards that will not be compatible and will result in a black screen nbsp nbsp nbsp Even with a proper video card install an adequate and or upgraded power supply the video card fans will be working but there will be no video nbsp nbsp The problem lies in the BIOS XPS 8500 compatible graphic card installations and avoiding video BIOS issues for the XPS motherboard not recognizing the video card and this is a known issue that has carried over from the XPS to the current XPS nbsp There have been vidoe BIOS upgrades XPS 8500 compatible graphic card installations and avoiding video BIOS issues from some card makers to correct this problem for certain cards but there are a lot of legacy cards that won t work nbsp Safest bet would be to use a newer card with the PCI spec In the sticky in this forum a link to the current Dell drivers shows the following video cards that are supported with drivers for Windows Video GeForce GT GTX GTX GeForce GTS GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GTX GTX http downloads-us dell com FOLDER M Geforce GT Geforce GT nVidia GT http downloads-us dell com FOLDER M AMD HD http downloads-us dell com FOLDER M Radeon HD Radeon HD Radeon HD Radeon HD Radeon HD Radeon HD Radeon HD Radeon HD Radeon HD Radeon HD http downloads-us dell com FOLDER M Since these are Dell OEM cards that are being supported there are also manufacturer specific issues where a given video card model may or may not work depending on its configuration nbsp Whereas a XFX HD will work in the XPS the same card made by another manufacturer may not work Please keep this in mind when doing GPU and PSU upgrades and hopefully BIOS upgrades in the future will address these issues It would be helpful if you have a SPECIFIC card that does or doesn t work to post the manufacturer and complete model number in this thread OS and Bios information also would be helpful and if you are using the Dell PSU or an upgrade power supply nbsp Specific model please Edit Please include following and any other helpful information Graphic card manufacturer and model number Bios Operating System Power supply manufacturer if not Dell w PSU Compatible nbsp Yes or No Original card with system that worked

A:XPS 8500 compatible graphic card installations and avoiding video BIOS issues

I just installed a GTX 970 into my Dell XPS 8500 with out issues on the first try.
These were the parts:

Updated my XPS 8500 Motherboard Bios to version "A12" while waiting for my parts to arrive
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 970 Superclocked Graphics Card (EVGA 04G-2974-KR)
EVGA SuperNOVA 750B1 750W Power Supply (PSU) (110-B1-0750-VR)

Note, that I choose the "Back Blower" version of the card rather than the double fan ATX 2.0 version.  That's because the case design of the XPS 8500 doesn't have "Great" circulation.   The "Reference" style  (Solid video card shell with a single fan -- that draws air in from the case in... and vents out the back of the PC) is better suited to the XPS.
Putting a new Powersupply into a Dell XPS 8500 is a bit of a trick.   All ATX Power Supplies have about the same Height and width  (150mm or 5.09" wide)  and (86mm or 3.38" high).    The problem is the Depth.   How deep into your PC can it reach  (extending towards the back side of your CD/DVD).   Don't forget, you have that tiny sunken  USB/Headphone jack thing midway:
I did some measurements, and realized that the MAX PSU depth that would work would be about 165mm or about 6.5".     That's tricky because I wanted a 750w plus power supply, and its REALLY, REALLY hard to find a good power supply under with less than (180mm / 7.09").   And, that wouldn't fit.
I scoured every 700+ Watt,  80+ certified PSU carried by Newegg (as of 12/1/2014).   Then, I cross checked the newegg specs for each prospect with the manufacter's website for verification.  I only focused on PSU's with at least 8 reviews, and then only if they averaged a 3.5 rating  (unless the low ratings were for frivolous things like rebates).
After looking up the specs on over 200 PSU's  (over a 5 hour period),   I only came up with 5 potentials:

EVGA SuperNOVA 750B1 $69.99
RAIDMAX RX-1000AE 1000W $119.99
SeaSonic SS-750KM3 750W $139.99
CORSAIR AX series AX760 $159.99
Coolmax 1200W ZPG-1200B $282.35

I also want to reiterate why you MUST ensure that your PSU is 165mm or less in depth, and you can't tell anything by looking a a particular series.   Many manufactures have single models within a series that is just "smaller".   You have to look at the specifications of each individual model.  
For example,  all but one EVGA psu over 700 wats are (180mm / 7.09in).  Only the 750B1  is about 165mm.   You will also see that this is a "Bronze" rather than "Gold" or "Platinum" 80+ unit.    I suspect that it's "BRONZE" rating has something to do with the size.   I they ommitted huge heat sinks and a little efficiency to achieve the 15mm reduction in size.   The quality of the PSU is still more than adequate for my needs, and the price can't be beat.
Now for installation.   I won't say it was EASY to get the PSU into the case.  I had to disconnect all my SATA power and cables.  I had to bend the cables on the ATX Case Top a little bit, and I had to be very patient reconnecting.  
I also had to reroute the wire that ran from the top of the case to the Mini-Card Slot (?).   I honestly didn't know what those were  (they sit behind the Rear USB Plugs on the mother board), and they snap on with tiny little clasps like the snaps on Jeans.  I tried not to disconnect them (becasue they looked fragile) but I accidently popped them off.   Thank goodness, they fasten back on.  There are even little arrows above each terminal (one solid black, one an outline to indicate white) so you get them back on in the right order. 
I found it handy to stuff many of the cables in th... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19474677
Relevancy 61.06%

Im working on a computer that turns on powers up, hard drive spins, etc. but no video is displayed. Ive replaced the motherboard, video card, RAM, power supply, and tried a new hard drive, is it possible that this could be a CPU problem? The computer is

Foxconn socket 939 mb
AMD Athlon 64 FX 3400+
Geforce 7600 GS 256MB Video Card
150GB SATA Hard Drive
420W Power Supply

I appreciate the help

A:I`ve replaced the motherboard, video card, RAM, power supply, but still no video.

Do you have another monitor that you can hook up just to check? Are you receiving any post "beeps" when you boot it up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-ve-replaced-the-motherboard-video-card-ram-power-supply-but-still-no-video.64564/
Relevancy 60.63%

I went to install new PSU and video card upgrades and now I'm not getting any video signal to my monitor on start up. I switched back to my old PSU and video card and I'm not getting anything on those either. I can hear the HDD spinning, the fans start up, and my DVD drive opens, but no video.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, how's everyone doing?

I need some help in choosing a video card, This is my barebones kit: http://global.shuttle.com/Product/Barebone/SS58G2.asp
I'm planning on getting a 19" widescreen LCD for it but you see it only comes with a 250w powersupply so choosing a videocard has been a little confusing. I'm not a huge gamer I just want something that will support the moniter I want for movies and such, There is a 300w powersupply upgrade out there for shuttles but if I can avoid spending the extra $$ I'd like to.

Thanks for your help! :giddy:

A:Need a video card with low power needs

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814127181

Many of my customers love this card. I recommend it! It should be back in stock on 2/12/2007

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-video-card-with-low-power-needs.69424/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey, I just got a Sapphire Radeon x1600 Pro video card, but I got it through newegg.com as an open box item (so it did not come with any power cables). I've been using the 4-pin power cable that was plugged into my firewire card, but now I would like to use my firewire ports again.

Here is what I have available:
1) a spare 4-pin cable with 4 wires (red/black/black/white)
2) a spare 4-pin cable with 3 wires (red/void/black/white)
3) a four-pin motherboard connection labeled P7 CD
4) a four-pin motherboard connection labeled P11 AUX
5) a four-pin power cable from the power source with 4 wires (red/black/black/orange)

Is there any way to power both my firewire card, and my video card with just these materials? If not, what else do I need?

A:Help! How do I get power to my new video card?

Nevermind, I found the answer myself:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=281940#post281940

Apparently, P7 and P11 are inputs. It looks like I need an AGP power extension cable:

http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2538005

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-how-do-i-get-power-to-my-new-video-card.53047/
Relevancy 57.62%

This isnt exactly a windows 7 question but i know you guys know everything, hopefully you can help me out with a quick question; My video card Radeon 4870 has power connectors on the back (or front?) of it. Its on the part thats inside the case, not the part that sticks out, i am in the market for a new power supply, i know back when i bought my 500 watt some of the power supplies didnt come with these connectors as standard, maybe thats not the case anymore but id like to be certain that my new power supply with be able to feed my video card.

My question is can anyone tell me the name of the cable or connectors i would need to make sure the new PSU has?

A:video card need power

If the connections on the back of your card are 6 pin connections, then you just need to make sure that any power supply you buy has those 6 pin connectors. Most modern power supplies come with those standard, especially if they are 600W and above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/62885-video-card-need-power.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I have been following this forum for a long time and now I finally have something to post about.

I just ordered a new system:

Asus a8n sli
amd 3,0 venice
1g corsair
geforce 6800
300 gig maxtor

My problem is after assembling everything the computer powers up, but the video card has no power although power is blugged in. The fan wont start spinning and I have no picture on the monitor. Everything else is working including roms, hardrive, fans lights and I have no error light or beeps.

So why does the card get no power????

Just went and picked up a 6600gt, because I thought the card was DOA but this one does not start either.

I really need help with that, Thank you

Tom

A:New PC- Video card has no power- HELP

I dont think it would be two vid cards with the same problem, You are connecting up the power supply on the vid card arn't you, i ask because many dont know that you have to connect them to get power, also what wattage is your power supply it maybe that there isn't enough power to run the card, no less than 450 watt is needed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-video-card-has-no-power-help.34924/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have a PNY video card that was given to me. Brand new. It is older but it is just going on a P4,.It is a 4200.with a fan. How many watts do I need on the ps?
Thanks

A:Video Card Power

400 watts will be fine. You can input all of your peripherals HERE and check...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-power.127149/
Relevancy 57.62%

I bought a new ge-force 6600 video card.I have a ??Does it have to have its own power supply or can it run from the power supply on the computer

A:power to my video card

Normally if you have a graphics card with a power supply needed you get a small extension lead with it in the box that plugs into the graphics card from one of the normal power supply cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-to-my-video-card.63863/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an X800 Pro. graphics card, and it needs to be plugged into the power supply or something like that. I can figure out where to plug it into the vid card, but not the other end of the wire. The end of the wire has 4 large pins in a straight line. Anyone know where to put this? Then it also has another wire coming out of it, but thats just so you can connect another cord like this to that, correct?

A:Video Card Power

I'm a little confused here, but do you have some sort of splitter, meaning a separate wire with a male end for the video card and a female end that plugs into your power supply? Or are we talking about something else

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-power.387460/
Relevancy 56.76%

I ordered a new video card off of ebay. It is an ATI Radeon 9600 XT. There is an extra power connector on the end. It is 4X/8X AGP. I need it to be 4X.

A:Solved: Video Card power

Hi Popit. What exactly is your question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-card-power.722507/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys So I Card? or Power Video Supply have recently invested in a used computer but have ran into one small problem After connecting Power Supply or Video Card? the computer to my TV through HDMI the computer turns on and seems to be working fine but sometimes it fails to show up on the TV and when it does it seems to freeze up after a few minutes of use I then tried to hook up the computer to a Power Supply or Video Card? smaller TV through a VGA cable to see if this would solve the problem It did seem to work a bit better being able to start up and show the picture more regularly and and took longer to freeze the computer Was just curious if any one has had this problem or if anyone knows if it would potentially be the power supply or video card that would be causing this problem If I was made of money I would simply invest in a new video card and power supply but would like to to limit it to one or the other Any help would be much appreciated Thanks all Ryan

A:Power Supply or Video Card?

I'm not sure of this but, I get the impression that most of us use a Monitor rather than a TV to work with. TVs are not designed to be used as Computer Monitors

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/power-supply-or-video-card-4597532/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys I am building a PC for a friend who didn t want to spend much Biostar M NCD Athlon XP eVga GeForce FX Ultra Generic case with fans The case came with a w PSU by Powermax It is recommended for AMD I only problem? card /power Video have a DVD-Rom drive floppy and Seagate mb HD installed After installing the video drivers and rebooting when I got into windows XP I got a message box saying my video card was not receiving enough power The power lead was either unplugged or the PSU was too weak I figures w was good so I checked with MBM Video card /power problem? and the voltages flucated and went over variance on the v - so I figure it s a cheap PSU I replaced it with an Antec TruPower W and I get the same message Now MBM shows good steady power but I still get the same messsage I installed a game and it seems to run OK It has ran all night and no lockups freezes or anything Just the message when I boot up The only quot weirdness quot is a screen flicker when I right-click the nVidia tray icon Anyone else ever get this message Any suggestions -Wolf nbsp

A:Video card /power problem?

The FX 5200 Ultra needs to have a Molex power connector to power it properly. Does yours have one ?

It's located at the upper-back end of the card, as shown on the picture below.

Image taken from Anandtech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-power-problem.9474/
Relevancy 56.76%

My PNY Geforce 5500 card just died, so I've been forced to buy a new card. I'm running on a Dell Dimension 2400, with 3 PCI slots only and a 200 watt PS.

I play a lot of second life, so I need to make sure I'm purchasing a card that will allow me to continue doing so. Heres what I plan on purchasing:

Video Card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130289

Which will need an upgraded Power Supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104953

Am I buying the right stuff? Will that card even work with my Dimension 2400 and Second Life?

Relevancy 56.76%

I bought a LG quot monitor and wanted to increase the resolution to the x But my computer won t go supply Video card/power that high x bit so I thought I would get a new video card but when installed the computer goes into sleep mode I am running a ATX W power supply I am thinking that that is the problem Am supplying a link to the specs of my motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp product amp lang en the new video card is ATI RAGE PRO MB PCI I don t game just wanted a better card for video resolution etc The card says that it should have a W psu But since I have a micro psu size x x which is hard to find I think Video card/power supply I found a W but not sure if its the right one http www forpcs com hpposuse html My question to you is will a different power supply allow my computer to run that video card and what max psu will my motherboard handle Any suggestions to links on power supplies will be very grateful nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a XFX Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO with 768 MB of Gddr2, with PCI Express 2.0
580 MHZ SLI Ready. It was part of a bare bones system from tiger direct. I had to replace the PSU once and I believe its maybe 430 Watts of Power. I doubt I spent more than 30.00 on the PSU.

When I take my video card out my pc it boots up fine and it runs off the onboard 8200 nvidia. But as soon as I plug in the XFX Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO and then connect the power from the card to the PSU it shuts off. The whole system just shuts off?? and it wont start again untill I remove the power cord only from the card. Also,, can I use DDR2 instead of GDDR2,,, whats the diff.

Thanks in advance peeps. any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Is it my video card or power supply?

I could be wrong but it sounds as if the 9600 has shorted out and tripping the PSU internal safeties, which is keeping the system from booting. Personally, I doubt it is the PSU as it functions just fine without the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-my-video-card-or-power-supply.184639/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm looking at getting one of these:

BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC 256mb
BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC 128mb
ATI Radeon X800 PRO 256mb
These can be found on Best Buy's website, thats where it probably will be coming from.

My power supply says max 270w, so do I need a new one with more juice? Or will this one do for one of these Video Cards?

Power Supply:
NMB
Model Number - MJPC-270A1

Specs:
Sony Vaio RX881
P4 2.66ghz
512mb 2100 DDR
120gb 7200rpm HD

No upgrades, stock as it came. No overclocking or anything.

A:Do I Need A New Power Supply For A New Video Card??

Im no pro but...

I believe that a powerfull processor like your needs about 100watts of power to run. Every 128megs of ram = something like 15watts, and your cd drives are about 30 each. A powerfull video card can run in the range of 100 watts as well. So, you do the math. It's time for your new power supply as well. You should at least have a 300watt but, with your processor i would even go to a 400 watt. Spend the extra 15 bucks, might save you a big headache in the end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-power-supply-for-a-new-video-card.17570/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am looking at this video card. MSI N560GTX-448 Twin Frozr III PE OC GeForce GTX 560Ti 1.2GB. What kind of power is necessary for this card?

Relevancy 56.76%

I Power and Ideas Card Video Rig m currently trying Video Card and Power Rig Ideas to figure out if I can feasibly run games like Oblivion on my Dimension E no I can t afford a real gaming system by upgrading the video card Current problems include only having a PCI and PCI x slot open and a power constraint My specs sit at Motherboard - Intel Pentium Graphic interface - Integrated Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Memory - MB DDR CPU - GHz Internal Power Supply - W yes the problem The interesting thing here is that I have a spare ATX Switching Power Supply rated at W V at A listed but I can t simply replace my current supply with it because it doesn t have some of the necessary connections for the motherboard Question is can I use the extra power supply I have to power either a new graphics card or enough of the auxiliary components like drives to run a nd tier card like a GeForce Obviously I could replace the factory supply but I m trying to see if this would work first nbsp

A:Video Card and Power Rig Ideas

Finding a power supply which is the correct size, that also fits the Dell E310 case in a way that allows full access to the power plug and the ON-OFF switch is sometimes tricky. Then the E310 is not well cooled, so you need to look at airflow with a supplemental case fan.
Take a look at the video graphics card reviews at Tomshardware.com. They have very complete reviews of all the new cards each month.... If you go back a few months, you will find the ideal card for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-and-power-rig-ideas.121446/
Relevancy 56.76%

i am looking to get a new video card but i have no idea what kind of power supply i have and the if it can handle the graphics card. i am looking to get a GeForce 6200 because it seems to have a reasonable price and i dont think i would need any of the higher end ones because i dont play many graphic intensive games. does anyone know how to find out how much power the power supply can provide and if the GeForce 6200 is a good graphics card?
thanks

A:video card and power supply

Well it depends on the other components in your PC, as they all use it too. I would say anything over 400W should do the job fine though. Someone else may be able to back this up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-and-power-supply.386024/
Relevancy 56.76%

I new Card and Video with Power Problem m by no means and Problem with Power and new Video Card expert and this is my first attempt at putting a computer all together so bear with me please THE PROBLEM My sister has a Dell c it s a low profile desktop She wanted to see if she could put a new video card in it so she could play the sims Well a regular sized video card won t fit in the case So she got a new case and video card and asked me to put all the parts into the new case for her I put everything into the new case and wired everything up There are two main power cables that plug into the motherboard When I hook both up A large cable and a small pin cable that hooks into the back near USB Monitor output etc The fans spin for a second and then quit When I just hook up the main power all the fans spin cd tray opens hard drive spins etc but I get no output to a monitor The new case came with its own power supply which has this problem so I even tried putting the old power supply into the new case and still get this problem If anyone has any advice please let me know My sister will be back in days and needs the computer for school nbsp

A:Problem with Power and new Video Card

How old is the computer? Up until a few years ago Dell used a proprietary wiring scheme for the main ATX connector and if you plug a different power supply into the board it will ruin it. Also most of the power supplies that come with cases are really cheap unless its from the high end brand like Antec and Cooler Master. Pull out the board and re-install it making sure no part of the case is touching it, especially the I/O shiled in the back. Have you tried clearing the CMOS? What kind of video card? It may be incompatable. Try the card she originally had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-power-and-new-video-card.19345/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all There is a similar thread to my question but I thought I would start fresh since the topic is quite old My current computer setup Stated below is quite standard and I plan on making a couple of changes to it soon My question s Supply/Video Card? Power are I have ATI Radeon XPress Onboard graphics with an ASUS A AE-LE AmberineM-GL E Motherboard I have been debating on getting a graphics card and have read around quite a bit about what to upgrade to I have read a lot of issues Power Supply/Video Card? about upgrading with an Nvidia card with ATI onboard graphics so that pretty much limits me to getting another ATI card I was looking at purchasing a SAPPHIRE L Radeon X XT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x CrossFire Supported found http www newegg com product Product asp item N E I am wondering if I am going to need to upgrade my Power Supply The information that I could find on it is very limited I am thinking because it was built for Compaq computers alone very similar to the ASUS board that I have No information about it from the manufacturer at all ------------------------------------------------------------ Manufacturer Bestec - Model ATX - Z-Rev CD Input - V - A - V - A Hz Output w Max V A - V A V A VSB A V V amp V W Max V amp V W Max -------------------------------------------------------- Ive read a lot of mixed reviews suggestions about what kinds of power supplies are better than others I had one in mind that came with a bundle at newegg com but it is a MM fan which I dont believe will fit in my tower Any suggestions on what is a reasonably priced power supply IF I need to purchase one for this video card Thank you much for reviewing my long post any input would be greatly appreciated since I have been trying to figure out what to do for a while now With Vista just beyond the horizon I need to figure something out quick because my rating on X is just depressing Thank you Chris nbsp

A:Power Supply/Video Card?

The vid card you selected sounds like a decent choice.

Yes you will need a new powersupply (PSU). Your PSU has only 300w total and 19A on the 12v rail. Besides Bestec PSUs are garbage anyway.

Here are some suggestions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104952
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817194012
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S47ATX PC Power & Cooling makes the best PSUs out there but they are a little pricey.However a PCP&C PSU will likely outlast everything else in your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-video-card.59027/
Relevancy 56.76%

i recently got a x1650 and it would not work; freeze at startup. My 9550 works fine though. I'm guessing it is a power problem; i have a 450 watt/30 amp power supply.
please reply and tell me what you think.

A:Video card problems via power(maybe)

That PSU should be plenty to power the X1650. Unlike the 9550 the X1650 has an auxiliary power connector. Did you connect the power supply to it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-problems-via-power-maybe.98150/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just bought a GeForce GTX 460 video card for my computer which requires a minnimum of 450w. As it stands, my power supply is way too small and thus I am looking to upgrade. My question is, if my card requires a minnimum of 450w then would I be fine with a 500w supply or should I go for more, like 750w or 900w?

Thanks,
Bushviper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-power-supply.955726/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all. I just bought a graphics card that needs 350 watts and +12v with 20 amps to run. My power supply has to following output:

+5V 22A MAx -12V 1A max
+5V (FP) 2A Max +3.3V 17A max
+12VA 18A max +12VB 18A max

combined power on +12VA and +12VB rails must not exceed 360 watts

Total combined power must not exceed 375 watts

Can it run the card?
Thanks all.

A:Can my power supply run my new video card?

Hi, could you please post a little more detail.
Instead of saying graphics card, it would help if you said the actual graphics card.
Instead of power supply, you could say what power supply you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-power-supply-run-my-new-video-card.202504/
Relevancy 56.76%

here a quick summary My computer that had been running fine for months suddenly crashed when i hit the power button it would have power for a split second then turn back off I replaced power supply and same thing happened I built new computer with new case motherboard and CPU but used power a a card video fry supply? Can same power supply that i had replaced the old one with SMAE thing on new computer I tested both power supplies and they were fried I put in another power supply and the computer powered up but when i did this i did not have my video card in MY question is do you think it is more likely that on Can a video card fry a power supply? my old computer the motherboard fried the power supply or that the video card fried it it is a PCI-E Can a video card fry a power supply? MSI rx mb Can a video card fry a power supply? ddr ram that uses the -pin power on the card i havent tested the old motherboard ive spent too much money already and either the old MOBO or the Video card will probably fry my new PSU im hoping its the mother board cause the video card cost me bucks is there a way to safely test the video card without blowing up a power supply what do you think nbsp

A:Can a video card fry a power supply?

The video card will only blow a power supply if it tries to draw more power than the supply can handle, so simply test it with a psu with a high power rating (I usually burrow my m8s gaming machine to test components)
If it is fine then test all your computer components one by one and replace any faulty ones rather than simply buying new parts without knowing if they are faulty or not.
Good luck
Chris

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-video-card-fry-a-power-supply.67911/
Relevancy 56.76%

I purchased some upgrades for this computer below:
HP Pavilion a6113w Tower
Specifications
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 @ 1.6 GHz
- 400 GB HDD
- 2 GB RAM
- DVD+\-RW
- Integrated Graphics
- Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit which were a ATI Radeon HD 4850 Video Card and a Roswell 750w Power Supply. Worked great for the first 8 hours crashed for about 3 hours worked again for another 6 hours then crashed again and i cant get it to come back on. power supply is working for all i know and the video card hums on for a second when i try to reboot so i figure it is woking. i have even gone as far as to take out the video card just in case and still unresponsive. . Can anyone help?

PS I tried putting the other power supply back in and it worked fine but i can't use the Video Card w/ that power supply..

A:New Power Supply & Video Card

I'd restore the machine to the original configuration and see if you can get that working first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-power-supply-video-card.854516/
Relevancy 56.76%

So recently my computer was shutting off instantly for some reason and I found out that it was because the video card was overheating This led to the discovery that its fan wasn t spinning at all However I noticed that whenever I turned the computer on the fan jiggles for a second but My power, video has but won't card's fan spin then sits still like it tried to start but couldn t I ve tried spinning it a little myself to see if it could get going with some momentum but that didn t work I even took it out of the heatsink to My video card's fan has power, but won't spin apply new oil and it spins just fine manually but it still won t spin from power It still just jiggles and then stops Any ideas how I could fix this If not I m considering buying a replacement fan to try that though it seems I can only get those online My video card is a Radeon HD the provided fan with that card is a mm fan with a -screw tri-mounting bracket nbsp

A:My video card's fan has power, but won't spin

Check to see if the card Is still under warranty???
If so they might send u a new video card???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-video-cards-fan-has-power-but-wont-spin.1135220/
Relevancy 56.76%

I was about to purchase these two items, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148027 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130074 , can someone please tell me if they are both compatible or not, I am currently using a Gateway GT5220 if you need to know what I am using to find out any compatibility issues. If someone can look into that for me (im the biggest tech noob ever) then it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Need help with this video card and power supply

Mini Tower

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 2 GHz

Installed Memory 1 GB 533(DDR2 SDRAM)

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition

that's your system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-this-video-card-and-power-supply.76427/
Relevancy 56.76%

How do I find out what the wattage is to see what video card I can get? The card I'm looking at says it needs 350 minimum. I have a Dell 8200 with mx420, want to get geforce 6600 pci, I have the system info from gabriel topala, it says my pci slots support 5.0 volts and 3.3 volts, and my 4x agp only has 3.3 volts?

A:Power Supply for New Video Card

The required wattage is nothing to do with the voltages. Its the spec for your power supply (psu) that needs to be checked. If u open your case up and look at the psu, it should have a sticker on it that states its maximum wattage. If its less than 350watts then u will need a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-new-video-card.28736/
Relevancy 56.76%

while playing a game my screen went whacko! it was all scrambled an unreadable. I restarted my pc then everything was fine...for about an hour. then it got all scrambled again so I rebooted. Now I can not get it to come on at all!..Monitor is just blank. I have an acer aspire m1100. windows vista. Can anybody tell me what is wrong?
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 56.76%

hello, i was thinking on getting this video card.
i see how it requires a minimum wattage of 350, but ive heard from these forums that you usually need alot more.

so im wondering, will this be a good enough power supply for the card? ive had bad problems with power supplys and video cards so i just want to be completely sure everything will work fine.

thanks in advance

-Teh Delf

A:This Power supply enough for this video card?

It all depends on the quality of the PSU you go for, im no expert but it may not be enough amps on the rail. Im currently running a similar card (Gainward BLISS 7800GS which is 7800GT with an AGP bridge) on a 2 year old 360watt PSU and I have no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-power-supply-enough-for-this-video-card.49644/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am thinking about getting a new video card for my girl Video power - issues card friend s computer because it s the one i use most of the time For a while I was browsing through newegg looking at pro s and gt s etc when it all of a sudden it dawned on me that the power supply might not be sufficient enough for a card like those Her computer is an HP Pavilion n Video card - power issues and it has onboard graphics which Video card - power issues are pretty crappy So i took the Video card - power issues case apart and wrote down the power specs Here they are output - W max V - A V - A VSB - A V - A - V - A Note Vand V can t exceed W Now I m not really interested in buying a new power supply for her system because A I ve heard it s hard to upgrade HP Compaq power supplies because of proprietary problems and B it s not that big of a deal to me I d rather spend the money on something else if it gets to that So my question is whats the best video card that you all think will run on the system as is And would it be sufficiently better than the onboard video to spend the money Right now all I play on it is BF and I think one of the reasons Im so bad is because of bad frame rates At least that s my excuse for now here are the specs clearly this thing is pushed to the limit already power wise P GHz northwood or williamette not sure which one mb pc ram might be pc gb hd cdrw dvdrom Intel G Chipset Xp Home Also it only has a x agp slot Thanks in advance for any input BTW this forum is great I don t post much but I read through it almost every day nbsp

A:Video card - power issues

A 9600XT or a Geforce FX 5500 should work, they don't take external power. It really isn't that hard to put a PSU in an HP though. Pull the cdroms out, install the PSU, put the cdroms back in. Simple. I've done it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-power-issues.332218/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi folks,

After reading through this forum for a couple of days, I settled down and ordered a PNY FX 5500 PCI card for my cheap Dell 2400 (celeron 2.4 ghz 512 mb RAM). I figured the 5500 can't be any worse than the integrated chipset.

Anyway, I understand the minimum power requirement for the 5500 is 250 watts, and I believe that is what my computer has.

My question is this. Does "minimum requirements" mean the same thing with PSU's as with games? With games, the minimum requirement is just to get you chugging along at a crawl. I hope this isn't going to happen with a video card.

Also, if I decided to upgrade to a much higher wattage PSU, would that effect my electricity bill very much? :angel:

Any replies are appreciated.

A:Power Supply for Video Card

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

No the power usage should be a negligible difference.
Unless you were to get a 1500 watt psu. (which I'm not sure exist)

The differences will be the video and stability of whole system.
Min. req. tends to mean," just enuff to get by on lowest settings."

There are lots of good PSU's around, high to mid range in price.
plus allow you to add additional cooling should want.

How many devices do you have?
cdrom's
hdd's etc.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-video-card.29272/