Windows Support Forum

Laptop Battery Reset/Restart

Q: Laptop Battery Reset/Restart

Hi guys I am in need of some help here Mine is a Compaq Presario series Laptop and I ve been using it Laptop Battery Reset/Restart since it was new some - years ago My battery pack provided me with up to two hours of power of course depending on use and open applicaions until about two weeks ago These past two weeks it has been behaving very strangely it began marking charged but provided with about only mintes of power this week it came down to minutes tday I couldnot get it past minutes It doesn t even has the power necessary to hibernate or suspend I understand battery s normal wear and tear but I use it with a lot of care I discharge it fully at least once a week I calibrate it using a Batery Optimizer tool and I believe this reduction in power capacity is not normal but rather excesive I had an older laptop Texas Instruments which lasted with me for some and a half years and the battery could last for an hour and a half by the time I sold it The Laptop Battery Reset/Restart Compaq Presario battery has a power indcator built on it and it shows leds which lite green yellow or remain off depending on the charge When fully charged this gauge will lite in yellow meaning low charge on the first led and green indicating full charge on the other leds I believe this is an indicatr of the battery stuck on charging maybe only one cell and leaving the others empty Another indication for this is that it used to take a long time to charge and now it shows CHARGED in a matter of minutes II d be more than grateful if you could tell me wether or not is it possible to reset restart the battery and if so Laptop Battery Reset/Restart how do I do it Many Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop Battery Reset/Restart

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop Battery Reset/Restart

The only way to reset the "memory" on the battery is to completely drain it.
Unfortunately,draining it once a week has probably worn it out.
Should only drain it when it shows signs of not fully charging.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-reset-restart.719483/
Relevancy 65.36%

my speakers and microphone had stopped working...everything else was fine so i followed the steps to resolve issue on hp support.when it asked to do a hard reset i followed the instructions but my laptop will not now restart...am just getting a very quick flash fron on button then nothing...need help to resolve this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-wont-restart-after-hard-reset/td-p/5611725
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi i just installed a new Motherboard, CPU, Power Supply, Graphics Card and Ram, basically a new computer except for the HDD and CD Drive, whenever i restart from the start menu it will shut off and go to a black screen and the light on my monitor turns from green to orange, same thing happens if i hit the reset button, it boots normally just fine and i checked the temps, it's not overheating at all, i've updated all the drivers, any help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: ASRock N68C-GS-FX
CPU: Phenom II x 4
Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 260

if you need anymore info i'll gladly post it.

A:PC won't Restart/Reset

Hi is this a xp operating system as your info say's win 7 have you rechecked all the cables and connections are firmly and correctly seated including your ram,graphics and monitor cable

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-wont-restart-reset-652412.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My battery keeps jumping from 40% to 7% within a matter of minutes. I tried resetting my battery but the battery won't go to 100% charged to be able to reset it (it only charges to 99%). How do I fix my batter if I cannot fully charge the battery and then fully discharge the battery?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y510P-Reset-Battery/td-p/3343385
Relevancy 51.17%

Recently replaced my battery and noticed the level is not correctly reported. As a result, it shuts down without warning. Is there a reset procedure I'm missing?

A:New Battery Installed in S3-951 ... How do I reset...

Hello, Try this:Go to Device ManagerExpand BatteriesUninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method BatteryStay in Device Manager and Scan for hardware changesThe device will be re-installedCheck if the battery level is correct

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/New-Battery-Installed-in-S3-951-How-do-I-reset-my-battery-so/td-p/426143/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there, we have a 9 month old Acer Chromebook 11 model CB3-111Had a black screen problem, and the suggested way on the Acer support website was to do a hard battery reset. As the battery is not user-removable this reset was to be done via a pinhole in the underside of the unit. But I cannot find the pinhole. Does anyone know where it is please? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Where-is-the-battery-reset-pinhole-on-a-CB3-111/td-p/447208
Relevancy 50.74%

It is part of a greater problem I describe here, that Vista "memorizes" my system volume setting when I shut down the PC.

Is there any way to disable this behavior and make Vista set my system volume to 100 % on each and every reboot, regardless of the status it had been in before shutdown?

Thanks for the help!

A:Reset Volume on Restart

Sure, I thought it was clear.

I want my Vista system volume to be at 100 % (meaning: not at the value which is saved when I shut down the OS) when I start my PC.

Even more detailed:
1. My system or master volume is now at 33 %.
2. I shut down the computer.
3. I start the computer.
4. My system or master volume is still at 33 %, because Vista saves this value on shutdown.

I want the volume to be 100 % at step 4. I do not know how to do that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-volume-on-restart.992634/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is a new K7SEM motherboard with new Win2K Pro install. It won't "software restart" such as in installing a program or going to START-SHUTDOWN-RESTART? It shuts down then just sits there with the fans running. However, when the power is turned off, then on a few seconds later, it will start perfectly and otherwise works fine! Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Oh, the board won't "reset" either and all connections are correct. I'm leaning toward a BIOS update--- except it has an 11/16/2002 Award bios --- or a bum board.

Relevancy 50.74%

Okay I was watching a video on windows media player and then it froze so I tried to end task but it took a long while. So I ended all applications and it took about 5minutes to end..it was slow. I then tried to open WMP again and it worked but the video had no sound so I restarted my computer and when I logged in my profile was reset. I thought I lost all my files but when I do a search they are still safe on my computer. I just lost all my personal settings in my profile....how do I restore this?

A:My profile reset after restart?

Hello and Welcome to TSF

You can try and copy your user profile to a new profile via this link. In this link they are referring to a corrupt profile but I see no difference between what you are experiencing

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-profile-reset-after-restart-170551.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Toshiba laptop which decided to setup a bios-password , for who knows why..

After many scratches (both on the laptop and on my hands) I managed to disassemble the laptop, to remove the cmos battery.
Now I can see the cmos battery soldered into the laptop. 2 small wires that are connected to the +ve and negative sides of the battery are soldered to the mobo.

Is there an alternative to unsoldering the battery. I don't have any experience with soldering and would like to try safer alternatives, if any, before I have to try unsoldering. Is it possible to shot the battery or do something else that would reset the bios?

Thanks

Oh and I have searched like crazy for 'software' solutions and master passwords but can't find anything that worked.
Laptop -Toshiba satellite a135-s2276

A:reset cmos battery without unsoldering?

Cut the wires, then reconnect them later... even if you have to insert a length of wire... but learn to solder asap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reset-cmos-battery-without-unsoldering.77498/
Relevancy 50.31%

i replaced the cmos battery on a pc with a bad onboard graphics card and now the pci graphics card is not working, when i turn on the pc i get no signal to the to the monitor, so now i cant even access the bios, is there anything i can do? any reply's would be appreciated

Relevancy 50.31%

hi guys i want to know how do i perform reset of battery gauge in a situation where there is lot of power break down in my country like i cant have a 6 hours electricity in a day every 2 hours or 5 hours electricity goes out so please guide me to a  solution?

T61 , T420 , W520

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/how-to-reset-battery-gauge-W520/td-p/3337379
Relevancy 50.31%

All, I bought a brand new battery for my W530 running Windows 10.Somehow I was able to change the battery threshold to 70% but now I want to get it back to 100% and cannot find the setting I used to change it the first time.Feels like I am stuck with a battery that can only charge up to 70 % now... Thank you for your help.  

Thinkpad W530 /i7-3720QM [email protected] /RAM 24 MB /BIOS 2.62 /NVIDIA Quadro K1000M /Windows 7 Service Pack 1

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Reset-Battery-threshold-W530/td-p/3332032
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there I have Battery.. 1YearOld at battery Laptop left. 20% off powers unexpectedly an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium bits GB Ram and HDD At Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery.. the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Can someone please tell me what is causing my year-old laptop to power off for no reason at all when battery has just remaining Do I have to buy a new one or what Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% battery left. 1YearOld Battery..

Hi there .. Do you have Power4Gear Installed ... If so i would look into the Settings for that could be a power plan so save Battery life ... It should also be able to tell you your Battery's Health status ... I have no idea how good this Program is could be total crap ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322529-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-battery-left-1yearold-battery.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok this might be easy..it might not (COMPAQ M2105)

I ended up replacing my motherboard for a model with more features (SD readers blah blah).

I took it all apart and put it all back with the new board in...now when i go into windows (and even before while booting)...the orange lights would come on for a second...then beging to flicker

while in windows...it just will either not charge the battery..or flicker from AC to battery

i CAN power the unit on with the battery alone, and i CAN power the unit with the cord alone...

lastly, my old motherboard (which had a HD connector problem)...still WILL charge the battery...so i'm sure its not the battery...i don't think...

i also dont' think its the AC adapter since it is the same piece I used on both motherboards.....

what to do................

A:compaq M2105 laptop - battery will not charge, flickers from AC/battery

Hopefully you are experienced in working on and repairing laptops/notebooks... and you carefully handeled the replacement motherboard and didn't damage it. Repairing laptops takes considerable skill and caution.

It does sound like the "new" motherboard is bad unfortunately. How did you handle the "old" operating system restore to the "new" motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-m2105-laptop-battery-will-not-charge-flickers-from-ac-battery.81237/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I ve been using a Dell inspiron from about years now and exactly after years of my buy the battery failed and it started showing me to battery charge! Bought battery still and dell my doesn't laptop a new replace the battery and always notified me about contacting dell for a new battery Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! I didn t take this of much concern so i just ignored the message and kept on using my battery with my adapter plugged in After - months of such usage My battery completely failed and doesn t Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge! even offer me even a minute of backup when i remove the power socket Then i realized the importance of a new battery and then bought a new battery from Dell Its the same battery with the same specs and also the same family type After i removed my defected battery I replaced my new bought Dell battery and realized that my battery is working fine its charging well but at some time it says quot Plugged in But not charging quot Which is rare for any new battery which is bought brand new This is how it looks now after i remove the AC adapter plug and when i depend on the battery backup it is providing me a backup but I see a yellow exclamatory mark beside it Which I think should not be present it also says quot Low battery quot when there s already of battery left I ve also followed some online steps updated by BIOS to the latest nbsp Followed some other steps like uninstalling the battery ACI in the device manager and etc i would love to get this problem solved I m using a PA- family adapter which is also a replaced one So any help on solving the issue would be appreciated THANKS

A:Bought a new dell battery and still my laptop battery doesn't charge!

Hi Utkarsh. I Actually FIXED this problem months back. and I exactly want to help you on this so that you can fix it yourself too..
the problem which is creating your battery to show an exclamatory mark is your power settings.
so follow these steps to get rid of that sign and a perfectly working battery.
1) Click on your battery icon (left click) you should see an option called " More power options" at the bottom of the popup.
click "More power options"
2) Now you will be taken to your control panel where you can see all of your power plans and under each plan, you will see an option called "Change plan settings"
3) Click on "Change plan settings" for your active power plan. Now you will get redirected to another control panel window, where you can see two kind of power options to get adjusted. that is, when you battery is plugged and when your battery is unplugged.
4) Don't touch those options, just click on "Change advanced power settings" at the bottom left of that window. THIS IS THE AREA WHERE WE NEED TO FIX!
5)After you click on "Change advanced power setttings", you will see a POWER options popup, go to the bottom and then you can see something called "Battery" with a plus sign on the left. click it.
6) Now you just have to change the levels for the following values
                   --> Critical battery level ( you can change it to 10%)
                   ---> Low battery level ( you can change it to 20%)
Now once that's done, YOU WILL NO LONGER SEE THE EXCLAMATORY MARK ON YOUR BATTERY!!!!
So I hope this works!
Reply me back when you've succeeded fixing it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19465162
Relevancy 50.31%

my battery was giving 1.5 hour power backup from last 4 months... then last month it decreased to 1 hour...from couple of days it decreased to 1/5 hour(with error 'Consider replacing new battery') and yesterday i was using on battery power... and battery had 34% power remaining.. suddenly battery indicating light turns orange and pc shutdown... after that.. my pc is not charging battery... and if i run pc on battery.. it work 10 to 15 minutes ( with orange light.. and on task bar.. battery icon giving error "No battery is detected" ) and then shut down.

today i run laptop on battery power and open setup..and there was error "No battery installed" in battery info...

what happened.. can anyone tell me????

i forgot to tell you that... according to battery's LEDs.... my battery is healthy enough.. but now only 1 led is working...

A:My laptop running on BATTERY and giving error 'No battery detected'

Your battery has failed and must be replaced. They're only good for three or four years. Happens to all laptops.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238716-my-laptop-running-battery-giving-error-no-battery-detected.html
Relevancy 50.31%

It's so strange. Today when I turned on my laptop, suddenly, there was a message that my battery has problems so the computer might shut down suddenly. I tried different strategies, like uninstalling the battery driver, or letting the computer completely die. When it turned off itself at 6%, I turned it back on, and it was at 2 minutes battery life. Then in a few minutes, it said 4 minutes battery life for 6%. Now, it's passed an hour, and it says 3 minutes, but changes sometimes to 1-4 minutes. The battery meter is completely wrong, and I don't know what to do since it is closing the computer way too early. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Please help me.

A:Laptop Battery Meter is Completely Wrong and it says there's a problem with the battery

How long have you been using the laptop with battery? Is it still under warranty?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471577/laptop-battery-meter-is-completely-wrong-and-it-says-theres-a-problem-with-the-battery/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've reset Outlook Express to be the default email mail handler several times, but it occasionally reverts to another program after the computer's been shut down and restarted. What's the deal?

A:Default Settings Reset Themselves Sometimes On Restart

What program does it default to. There may be an option in that e-mail client that keeps setting it as the default. If you do not need it or use it then you could probably uninstall it and then set outlook express as the default again.

Let me know whats going on the more details we have, the better we can help.

Thanks Sam.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141969/default-settings-reset-themselves-sometimes-on-restart/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a pavilion dv9000 notebook running XP and every time I change the pointer speed for the touchpad to its fastest setting it will reset itself to the default setting after I shutdown and reboot. I need the touchpad on its fastest setting because of the wide screen and the fact that I don't always have my wireless mouse w/ me.

The only cause I can think of is having a Logitech wireless mouse installed. The setpoint.exe program for the wireless mouse runs in the background whether or not the mouse is connected. Could this be the problem?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 50.31%

Any time I restart windows or reboot my NIC my connection comes back with Limited Connectivity I can solve this the only quot solution quot ive found on reset Limited connectivity restart/NIC by rebooting my router once everything is on and get my connection but its becoming quite the nuisance The router Limited connectivity on restart/NIC reset shouldnt be the problem as there are other computers boots connected that dont have this issue Event log Microsoft-Windows-DHCP Client Events Admin Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address x A D F E The following error occurred x Limited connectivity on restart/NIC reset Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server Please note that is NOT the error from DHCPv just DHCP under log name not DHCPv The message is identical from what I can see but thats not the source And yes Ive already tryed disabling IPv without any success I've tryed pretty much everything the first pages of google has suggested to me I dont think its too much to ask being able to access the DHCP server and have internet after rebooting without having to reboot the router afterwards Any ideas

A:Limited connectivity on restart/NIC reset

Quote: Originally Posted by Celeras

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x001A4D4F62E8. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

A DHCP error with one computer should not require you to reset the router. What happens when you "release" then "renew" the network ip address from the mis-behaving computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19779-limited-connectivity-restart-nic-reset.html
Relevancy 50.31%

New laptop May 2016, with Win 10 x 64  installed.  Ran all upgrades.  Since purchase, every time I restart, shut down etc, it 'resets' all of the personalized settings, especially annoying is the mouse/touch pad.  I have to open settings every single time and select the disable touch pad, and also select the have touchpad icon on task bar.  While I'm in this session, all is fine, but a soon as I shut down/restart it goes back to squre one, starting point ever time.  It's very annoying.  Especially that the icon won't stay on the task bar-I have to go to settings, advanced/more settings...etc.  I've updated everything, I've run 'fixes' have tried everything I can think of.  Thanks much!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Every-restart-is-basically-a-hard-reset-and-I-m-NOT-doing-a/td-p/5658118
Relevancy 50.31%

A while ago my mother purchased an HP G60 notebook with windows 7 installed and just recently we started sharing files over the network at home. When she first got the laptop, I noticed that whenever her laptop would restart, the laptop's volume would be set to muted, regardless of the settings before the restart. The same thing happens to any advanced sharing options I configure. Whenever the laptop restarts, the settings are lost.

How do I prevent this from happening?

A:Settings reset on computer restart

Hi, go to start search and type:-control folders (press enter). Select the "View" tab and put a check in "remember each folders view settings".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/settings-reset-on-computer-restart-609404.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried to run "Reset and reinstall windows" when I found out that "keep nothing" is not a clean install.

However, the reinstallation part (Windows setup, with the serial number part) starts over and over again
I have no idea which part I'd missed nor mistaken as I followed all the tutorials I found on the internet.

A:Tried reset and reinstall, setup restart never end

Welcome to EightForums.
Try Cleaning the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Support Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20096-tried-reset-reinstall-setup-restart-never-end.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Heres my OS Win HP bit incase its useful info My desktop icons as well as my folder icons change size back to the default Medium size after I restart my computer and the folder icons reset as well If I set them to say large and close the folder and reopen it they will be back at the default setting Even if I go back and forth in the folders the icons will not stay the same size I set them to Now here is what Ive done to try and fix my issue While in a folder if I change the size to say medium Go to Tools gt Folder Options gt View and apply this to all folders Than no matter what size I change them too afterwards will revert to this setting Even though I want different size icons depending on what I'm looking at With that said Ive also tried to restore the defaults that did not work I have followed the Icon Rebuilding tut on this website both the bat and the manual and... after restart reset sizes Icon ways I have ran the Windows repair all in one as well Which Icon sizes reset after restart and... made me do a file scan and check disk The only thing I haven't tried is a system restore I have also heard of malware messing up this stuff and a mention of a root kit I think it was in a post about this same issue Just a few days ago I got rid of I think one The Google redirect or something it was called differently in Malwarebytes I used tdsskiller to get rid of it but after running Malwarebytes in safe mode saw it was still there but got rid of it again After going through threads and threads and different posts all over the internet something does hold up that if I make a new user account and use that one everything works normal Whatever I change my icon size to will stay that way when I close and reopen the folder But I dont really want to know how to do that and transfer all of my files from the old user to the new one and deleting the old account without fear of lost data Icon sizes reset after restart and... Sorry for the long post just trying to list everything Ive done and that has happened on my system for the last week

A:Icon sizes reset after restart and...

This is my simple solution, found after a year of trying suggestions from various forums:

- Go to c:\Users\[account]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat
- Move the UsrClass.dat to a backup folder (I used "My Documents")
- arrange your icons, restart and let the system create a new file

thanks to hypercube
HTML Code:
http://www.sevenforums.com/members/hypercube.html
for original suggestion. I screwed up his instructions and found the above solution

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247747-icon-sizes-reset-after-restart.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi i have a XPS M dell laptop and bought a new battery wich came charged to the instructions said that i should discharge the battery to and then chargeit to for first time I used the laptop withouth cord until it was then i plugged it but the amer light that should battery testing of of or port need dell a i help a Hi, a battery laptop appear it is not when i plug the laptop with the battery installed then i check the energy administrator i have xp Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell and lubuntu and it both was the same and it said quot charging quot but it stayed in i let it more than hours plugged but never charged the battery it is still in and the light of the battery doesnt turn on I dont know if the battery is bad because it worked when had charge or is maybe the laptop that is not charging Is there a war to check if this port is charging electricity to the battery i have a multimeter and i know how to open this laptop Any information would be helpful as i havent been able to found information on this and also is there a way to know with the multimeter if the battery is allowing energy to charge it i hope you have understood im still klearning english thanks for your time nbsp

A:Hi, i need help testing a battery or a port of battery of a laptop dell

Testing the DC jack on a laptop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrsUsyxzk1M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-i-need-help-testing-a-battery-or-a-port-of-battery-of-a-laptop-dell.1131320/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am becoming more and more concerned about my laptop's battery each and every passing day. When I check the bottom right of my computer screen to check if my computer battery is completely charged, it says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". I have had to buy two new batteries because of the same thing and they also read "0% available (plugged in, not charging)". When I unplug my laptop from the power source, it turns off automatically. I cannot even bother calling Dell to check this issue for me because I bought this computer off the street for $35.

My question in general is how do I get this problem fixed and how do I keep an eye on how my laptop computer charges correctly (or not)???

A:General Question about laptop battery charging AND 0% battery

Some reading and testing for you

Why is my Laptop battery not charging? – Drivers.com updates

Laptop Battery Not Charging | PCWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcDvp2A7Fss

The common method is:
- Create a System restore point
- Uninstall (Under the Batteries category in Device Manager) the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery.
- WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
- click Scan for hardware changes

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371230-general-question-about-laptop-battery-charging-0-battery.html
Relevancy 49.88%

HP g - b us Notebook PCHere is the situation LED charge whi... battery charging battery shows and not Laptop and symptoms nbsp Battery not charging Battery icon indicates battery being charged but it sits at Have bought a replacement HP battery and that battery will not charge also it sits at which I assume is the initial charge it came with nbsp Run the HP Support Assistant and both batteries fail the test saying that cell is bad cells to have charge but cell has a reading even in the new battery Is there a problem accessing charging Laptop battery not charging and battery charge LED shows whi... cell When the battery is installed and the AC adaptor is unplugged and the laptop is turned off the battery charge LED shows a white LED red amber indicates that it is charging the battery now the only time the LED goes out is when the battery is physically removed Before the problem began the battery charge LED would be off when the battery was installed and the charger was not being used Now the battery charge LED goes off only when the battery is physically removed What I have tried Cleaned the contacts Bought a new HP battery Tried the complete discharge method of turning the laptop off removing the power cord and battery and holding the power on key for over seconds Have done safe restarts Reset to HP recommended settings Suggestions recommendations

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-battery-not-charging-and-battery-charge-LED-shows/td-p/5806061
Relevancy 49.88%

OK it s a Acer Aspire Someone brought it to me they thought the battery had died and bought a new one So I discovered that Acer doesn t really have anyway to calibrate a battery either Power Problems and Battery Reset Calibration know with a new battery you Power Reset and Battery Calibration Problems really shouldn t have to So the situation is that if I take the new battery out and unplugged the AC Adapter help the power button for seconds like the acer website says to plug in the ac power and its fine I put in the new battery and press power nothing Plug in the ac power and it boots up but device manager sees the battery I try to open power management and acer has this thing called eManagement and stuff Power Reset and Battery Calibration Problems that s supposed to help with these things and then I get an error message saying index is out of range I m at a loss and the acer website to even email their technical support isn t working any suggestions would be great nbsp

A:Power Reset and Battery Calibration Problems

uninstall all acer power management software. just look what the windows will tell you about battery. the battery assembled with bq2085 battery controller. it's quite smart and it will do all work for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-reset-and-battery-calibration-problems.94371/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have performed the battery reset procedure by pressing the reset button on the underside of the laptop. The computer will only remain on for a minute or two before randomly turning off. The computer has no issue while the power adapter is plugged in. Any other suggestions?

A:The battery reset procedure will not solve my powe...

Hi dlyssy84 See if you can borrow a similar charger for your model (just check that the power input/output is the same). Let it "charge" for a while, then try to run it on battery. A friend once had the same problem on an old Aspire 5315 (I think) latop. The charger had enough power to run the laptop, but not to charge it as well. He bought a universal charger that solved the problem! Obviously, if the problem persists, then the battery will be at fault & will need replacing.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/The-battery-reset-procedure-will-not-solve-my-power-issue-Any/td-p/402163
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi maybe it was already posted but little had no results so i'm opening another message - there is no fix nbsp I have Y P with Windows alomost a year still have waranty For now I'm using nbsp Battery Gauge Reset several times The last time appear a problem I started nbsp Battery Gauge Reset and Battery Gauge not Reset Y510P charging after when the PC goes it power off and I can't power on it nbsp After some Y510P not charging after Battery Gauge Reset struggle i found a way to nbsp charge nbsp it I have to follow these steps exactly Turn the machine off Remove the battery Remove power cable from the laptop Remove the powercable from the socket Insert the cable in socket Insert the cable in laptop Start the laptop Insert the battery while the laptop is starting nbsp Then I start to search a solution I tryed everyting that I found nbsp I already measured my voltage on the power adapter and that seems to work properly reset BIOS to default setting power off the PC and hold down power button for - seconds reinstall Lenovo Energy Management charge battery and disharge from this acticle nbsp http mobilesupport lenovo com us en products laptops-and-netbooks ideapad-y-series-laptops ideapad nbsp remove battery and uninstall windows battery driver then insert battery back Nothing helped nbsp Is there a fix for this problem or I have to go to service

A:Y510P not charging after Battery Gauge Reset

Hi guys. I try with my car power supply for PC and it works. When I put car power supply to Y510P it alarm me for high current drain for a 1 second and then alarm power off and PC and car power supply works fine. When I put AC power supply it doesnt work but after it have no DC voltage on the out. I have to unplug it from wall soccet and plug it again to works. I think that AC power supply have any high current safety system and power off the voltage.  Maybe problem is in battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y510P-not-charging-after-Battery-Gauge-Reset/td-p/1626692
Relevancy 49.88%

I have performed the battery reset procedure by pressing the reset button on the underside of the laptop. The computer will only remain on for a minute or two before randomly turning off. The computer has no issue while the power adapter is plugged in. Any other suggestions?

A:The battery reset procedure will not solve my powe...

Hi dlyssy84 See if you can borrow a similar charger for your model (just check that the power input/output is the same). Let it "charge" for a while, then try to run it on battery. A friend once had the same problem on an old Aspire 5315 (I think) latop. The charger had enough power to run the laptop, but not to charge it as well. He bought a universal charger that solved the problem! Obviously, if the problem persists, then the battery will be at fault & will need replacing.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/The-battery-reset-procedure-will-not-solve-my-power-issue-Any/td-p/402163/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently did a hard reset on my Lumia 640 running 8.1 update 2 due to issues in sync (805a8011 & 8500201D) errors. Right after the reset I noticed usual drop in charge in the battery.. Even when in charging, the battery drops by 1 or 2% which I noticed a few times. I checked the background apps and killed then and did everything possible to keep the usage minimum. But even then the unusual behaviour persists. Could it be some system error during reset? Do I need to perform another reset or what else can I do? Please help with your valuable advice guys.

A:unusual battery behaviour after hard reset

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I recently did a hard reset on my Lumia 640 running 8.1 update 2 due to issues in sync (805a8011 & 8500201D) errors. Right after the reset I noticed usual drop in charge in the battery.. Even when in charging, the battery drops by 1 or 2% which I noticed a few times. I checked the background apps and killed then and did everything possible to keep the usage minimum. But even then the unusual behaviour persists. Could it be some system error during reset? Do I need to perform another reset or what else can I do? Please help with your valuable advice guys. Your system is updating, downloading and syncing all core and 3rd party apps, and it needs time, usually a couple of days, after a hard reset.
Keep it plugged and wifi connected, then receck all system settings like video uploading e.g., they are all set to on by default

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438919-unusual-battery-behaviour-after-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a problem with my battery gauge which doesn't seem to show the right battery level and at this point my laptop just dies with no warning when the gauge is at around 40 %. The battery gauge reset doesn't help at all. I've even tried with a new replacement battery, but the results are the same.I hope there is a way to fix this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G580-battery-gauge-reset-problem/td-p/3396881
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Acer Veriton X490G,with Core i3 cpu,4 gig RAM,running a windows 7 32 bit...now this machine requires the CMOS battery to be reset all the time it to boot. Otherwise it doesn't seem like there's any form of power that's going to the motherboard. How do i go about fixing this? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/CMOS-battery-to-be-reset-for-machine-to-boot/td-p/441314
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Acer Veriton X490G,with Core i3 cpu,4 gig RAM,running a windows 7 32 bit...now this machine requires the CMOS battery to be reset all the time it to boot. Otherwise it doesn't seem like there's any form of power that's going to the motherboard. How do i go about fixing this? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/CMOS-battery-to-be-reset-for-machine-to-boot/td-p/441314/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

So two things when I restart my computer my saved and in-use cursor always resets back to the default cursor pack that comes with the system I had this issue in Windows too but now it's getting on & restart reset away Cursor default scrolling on goes to my nerves because I've got to go to the cursor customization panel every time I turn my computer back on for reasons The second reason is Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart not one I had in any previous versions On my laptop Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart touch pad I always use the invisible scroll bar option on the edge which you can turn on through the Synaptics settings which is now found in the same panel I use to change my cursor back Is there any way to make these two settings default so I don't have to redo them every single time I turn my computer on For the cursors I download make individual cursors and customized them saving the general group in a file I call 'custom cursors' I don't download entire packs I never have to reload the cursor set I'm trying to use I just have to pull up the panel and click 'ok' to get back out of it and this updates me to the custom cursors that were already on there like the system knew I wanted them but I just sort of had to remind it to activate them For the Synaptics issue I never had the problem before the Windows update and I use the scrolling function a LOT

A:Cursor reset to default & scrolling goes away on restart

I'm just posting on here again because it's been so long and the issue has NOT been solved. I don't know how it works on here, but this might bring it to the top of the 'recent' list instead of buried under forgotten issues. I guess I still want to know about the cursor thing, if that's even possible, but I'm really, real tired of fixing the scroll bar going away every time I restart my computer.
I use the scroll bar on the side of my touch pad a lot. And the fact I have to update my synaptics settings every single time is getting on my nerves. I didn't have to in Windows 8, 8.1, or 7. So is there a way to fix this?
Is anyone else having this issue, even?

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/23087-cursor-reset-default-scrolling-goes-away-restart.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone!

I have a problem in Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

I define the toolbars in my taskbar to point to quicklaunch & My Computer, but whenever I restart/shutdown the definitions vanish and I need to redefine which is really annoying.

I downloaded Windows Manager which was recommended here for saving of positions, sizes , etc of folders. It's a great software but I can't seem to use it to save these toolbar definitions, maybe I can and I just don't know how?

Or is there another way maybe in the registry you can recommend upon?

Thanks in advance!

A:Toolbar definitions in taskbar reset after restart

Hi,

I also have the same problems with windows 7 pro and home premium regarding the taskbar resetting after rebooting or resetting explorer.exe. I opened a thread on cnet forums regarding this issue but i've yet to find a solution to this. I have two different computer, a desktop and a laptop and both systems present the same exact problem. Please read my post maybe we will be able to find a solution to this issue.
Windows 7 Doest not Maintain Customized Taskbar Settings - CNET Windows 7 Forums

Cheers,

Jose G.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/27260-toolbar-definitions-taskbar-reset-after-restart.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am selling my laptop on ebay and need to reset it. I tried it standard and it failed. Read elsewhere that MBR might be corrupt. Tried boot/FixMbr or whatever and that failed also... What can I do? Please please help

A:Windows 8 Restart/Reset Major problem...

hi, the laptop should have a recovery partition to boot to and restore it back to factory setup.
usually a F key combo to get to it like F4 or F11 or F12 ,what make and model # is the laptop

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/45014-windows-8-restart-reset-major-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm running Windows on a machine with Windows pre-installed About months old Acer laptop mid specs The laptop would not shutdown or restart it would just hang saying 'shutting down' or 'restarting' I would have to turn it off manually This never really cleared up When deleting programs that needed a restart machine Can't reset restart, 8 Windows refresh or they would never go Can't restart, refresh or reset Windows 8 machine of course I looked up a solution for this which others had had success with changing some power options etc but nothing helped I then decided I'd better do a system restore but I didn't have any restore points which seems odd as I had restored it once before I then tried to refresh the system never heard of that option before and it would again just 'hang' saying 'preparing' The same for resetting I tried to restore to factory settings and came up with those error messages we are all to aware of After trying to refresh the PC is says the 'drive where Windows is installed is locked Unlock the drive to try again' And after trying to reset 'the PC it says unable to reset your PC A required drive partition is missing ' This brought me here I gather something is up with Windows not fully recognising the C drive which is where Windows is installed When I click on disk management it says 'connecting to virtual disk service ' but then does nothing I've been using comps for years and although not very good at IT have always been able to solve the problems by just reading forums posts of people who have same problem as me This is the first time I have actually joined a forum to get help thanks

A:Can't restart, refresh or reset Windows 8 machine

You're to the point of ordering restore discs from Acer if you did not make them.  I kinda wonder if the hard drive failed and if there any diagnostics available I would run them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528709/cant-restart-refresh-or-reset-windows-8-machine/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all Long story short I found it necessary to use the recovery disks I created for my dell inspiron n and reset to factory settings The recovery seemed to go well Windows booted and configured for st use Restarting a few times in the process Windows then indicated it needed to restart after downloading update When it restarted windows failed to boot instead the windows boot manager came up with the following msg Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change and Windows will boot reset 7 after not factory restart might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next Windows 7 will not boot after factory reset and restart quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc e Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible So I tried again this time letting windows download all updates same result So I tried again disabling auto update and after getting everything working restarted to the same msg I ve now recovered again updates disabled using it to type this but know if I restart the same issue will occur and I ll have to recover again Does this have something to do with edit bcdedit Anyone have an idea what s going on and how to fix this FYI I don t have a windows installation disc F options Windows gives the same msg and the memory test will not run giving this msg File boot memtest exe Status xc e Info The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt EDIT I found memtest exe under C Windows boot PCAT When I tried to run it it indicated that it cannot run in Windows mode This is a bit OS

A:Windows 7 will not boot after factory reset and restart

Hello -Edited due to Wrong links to programs -New and correct link for bcdedit BCDEDIT - How to Use - Windows 7 ForumsYou must load and burn the 64bit version of Memtest 86, and it will also run on 32bit systems with no problems -Memtest86 Version 4.0a (20-Aug-2011)•Multi-CPU Support! Multi-threaded for parallel testing of memory with up to 16 CPUs •Works with up to 64Gb of memory •Supports 32 and 64 bit CPUs •For installation and usage instructions Click Here However you must use an ISO burner like ImgBurn to burn the CD and not a Generic burner - I can / will edit the post and leave a link for ImgBurn in 2 minutes for you -Thank You - EDIT -Link for ImgBurn Download from File Hippo NOTE the only link to click is the one at Top Right side -Watch for any unwanted Add Ons during the download and refuse them, fhen continue -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463471/windows-7-will-not-boot-after-factory-reset-and-restart/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey everyone...Having some trouble restarting my laptop. I go to restart it and it shuts down to restart and just stays at a black screen so i have to shut down and restart with the power button. Any ideas on how i could go about fixing this? I really don't want to re-install windows. I'm running windows 7 home edition 64bit on a compaq presario cq50 229-wm....Also i don't have a install disc cause i have a recovery drive in it....Thanks!

A:Failure to restart when i restart my compaq cq50 laptop

Hello and welcome gr8 try following this Startup Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/360013-failure-restart-when-i-restart-my-compaq-cq50-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
Find 14 easy ways to prolong your laptop battery life and find more Laptop, Processers, Hard Drives, Desktop PCs, Anti Virus and User computers at a good price in findnearyou.com Findnearyou.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-life-14-easy-ways-to-prolong-your-laptop-battery-life.741541/
Relevancy 49.45%

I tried factory reset and my battery died. After i pluggued my laptop to the charger, a black screen appears with a msg saying " an operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contact an operating system" and asks me to restart my laptop followed by a continuous beeping sound. Can someone please help me...

A:Factory reset but battery drained, probook doesnt log in

Hello, Welcome! Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Despite the fact that the battery power drained during recovery, I suspect the recovery partition is still there and intact. You just have to restart the recovery process. Here is how: 1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button2. Power it on.2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, imeediately start hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one 3. Choose F11 for System Recovery options.The computer should boot from recovery partition to open you various recovery options. Note, that F11 option will only work if the recovery partition is there (not deleted) and intact. From there, you have prenty of options to choose from. Follow the on-screen instructions . Details here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00006110 Let me know if this helps. If you experience any issues, do provide details and let me know.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Factory-reset-but-battery-drained-probook-doesnt-log-in/td-p/5758051
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone--I just put together a computer on initial startup--dead battery??? to had reset cmos and when I turned it on for the first time i had to reset the cmos for anything to happen--other than the fans running Installing the os was a nightmare because it would never reboot unless I cleared cmos This is a TS from Biostar and a amd x There is a pci firewire addon card and no video card--there are sata wd gb hard drives and i did not set master slave---did i have to with them being sata antec case with watt ps I have never heard any beeps There are also gigs x gb of patriot memory in it now I tried only x gb of crucial v and problem was still had to reset cmos on initial startup--dead battery??? there--I also tried with x g of Patriot--no go The memory is in good I have had to reset cmos on initial startup--dead battery??? had to clear cmos a lot but have not removed the battery---it has clips holding it in Is that normal could i get some help with this--it is not my first build but my first problem Does The fact that I had to clear cmos on initial start up to get it to post mean the battery is dead The winxp pro bit os in installed but it was a nightmare I have not updated the bios mostly because had to reset cmos on initial startup--dead battery??? it did not start up right the first time so while the bios update will help some thing i don t feel this is caused by an old bios Thanks for any help nbsp

A:had to reset cmos on initial startup--dead battery???

I think I posted this in the wrong forum I reposted in Hardware forum--you can delete this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/had-to-reset-cmos-on-initial-startup-dead-battery.825643/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all, I want to do a complete power down of the laptop. Windows has a habit of remembering errors through a reset.
Since I cant remove the battery in this one, how do I complete a power down, yes remove the AC plug, what do I do next to simulate a battery removal.

I remember one model you could push a button through a hole underneath, I cant seem to find one on this model or... I need better glasses to find it hehe.

Also I have a recurring issue with some update, shut down only type, not a restart type, and its always there. I was hoping a complete power down might help fix this.

I have run the windows mr fixit windows updater fixer but no joy....

Thanks in advance for any help, I specially want to Power down without having to unscrew the back and disconnect the battery.

Cheers.

A:Satellite Z830 PT22LA-001001- Battery reset

To do a reset you hold the Presentation Button and the Power Button down for 10-15 seconds.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84770-Satellite-Z830-PT22LA-001001-Battery-reset
Relevancy 49.45%

Anyone experience the same problem W550S for window 10 unable to Perform Reset under "Battery Reset Gauge" on menu "lenovo setting". Further, unable to install power managment 1.67.12.16 nor 1.67.12.14.

A:W550S window 10 "battery reset gauge" failure

I have a similar problem with my X1 (20A7).  Did all the latest updates yesterday (Sep.13, 2016) and now power manager doesn't open if you double click the batttery - nothing happens.  And to get the battery to show up, I had to unload TP settings dependency, re-run the PM driver, then reload TP settings dependency.  Still can't open power manager.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W550S-window-10-quot-battery-reset-gauge-quot-failure/td-p/3430054
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

How do I reset my battery report stats? Somehow it decided that it was active for half a million hours in a day and I need to remove that entry.

I'm running Win 8.1 on a Surface Pro 2.

Thanks !

Battery life estimates

Battery life estimates based on observed drains

AT FULL CHARGE

AT DESIGN CAPACITY

PERIOD
ACTIVE
CONNECTED STANDBY

ACTIVE
CONNECTED STANDBY

2013-11-05 - 2013-11-12
-
-

-
-

2013-11-12 - 2013-11-19
4:58:47
-

4:58:47
-

2013-11-20
591184:35:53
-

588396:51:02
-

2013-11-21
5:35:05
-

5:34:32
-

2013-11-22
3:45:46
-

3:44:20
-

2013-11-23
6:19:48
-

6:18:44
-

2013-11-24
7:53:43
-

7:56:24
-

2013-11-25
5:40:24
-

5:42:19
-

2013-11-26
5:00:33
-

5:01:45
-
Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install
Since OS install

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/36310-reset-corrupted-powercfg-battery-report-stats.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Anyone experience the same problem W550S for window 10 unable to Perform Reset under "Battery Reset Gauge" on menu "lenovo setting". Further, unable to install power managment 1.67.12.16 nor 1.67.12.14. after upgrade from 8.1 to 10In addition, whenever you open any lenovo setting, system update or companion, it always left several window update tools .dmp  files on C drive

In addition, whenever you open any lenovo setting, system update or companion, it always left several window update tools .dmp  files on C drive

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W550S-window-10-quot-battery-reset-gauge-quot-failure/td-p/3430247
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone--I just put together a computer and when I turned it on for the first time i had to reset the cmos for anything to happen--other than the fans running Installing the os was a had battery??? reset to initial cmos on startup--dead nightmare because it would never reboot unless I cleared cmos This is a TF from Biostar and a amd x There is a pci firewire addon card and no video card--there are sata wd gb hard drives and i did not set master slave---did i have to with them being sata antec case with watt ps I have never heard any beeps There are also gigs x gb of patriot memory in it now I tried only x gb of crucial v and problem was still there--I also tried with x g of Patriot--no go The memory is in good I have had to clear cmos a lot but have not removed the battery---it has clips holding it in Is that normal could i get some help with this--it is not my first build but my first problem Does The fact that I had to clear cmos on initial start up to get it to post mean the battery is dead The winxp pro bit os in installed but it was a nightmare I have not updated the bios mostly because it did not start up right the first time so while the bios update will help some thing i don t feel this is caused by an old bios Thanks for any help Last edited by joneq -May- PM nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Reset Lenovo Problems Y410p Gauge Battery everyone My name is Kevin and I've had my Lenovo Y P for a little less than years nbsp So recently I downloaded Battery Bar as I was realizing that my battery duration was slowly receding Battery Bar a program that shows battery level and wear stated that my cell battery Lenovo Y410p Battery Gauge Reset Problems had experienced wear I browsed the internet for specific tips on how to increase my battery duration and came upon battery recalibration I tried it a couple times manually but I didn't get any results nbsp So I then turned to the battery gauge full-charge discharge function in my Energy Management After running that through the night I realized the next morning that the battery was depleted and I couldn't turn on my laptop or even charge my battery unless I followed the steps - Remove the battery from the laptop - Plug in the AC adapter and use the laptop without a battery - The battery can be reattached The battery is able to start charging nbsp - If I remove the AC adapter for a second and reattach it it will not be recognized and it will not charge the battery nbsp As of now Battery Bar shows that I have wear of mWh which is significantly less than the full capacity of a cell battery however it's still better than what I had before Anyways does anyone else have this problem And if you have how did you resolve this issue Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y410p-Battery-Gauge-Reset-Problems/td-p/3378921
Relevancy 49.45%

Anyone experience the same problem W550S for window 10 unable to Perform Reset under "Battery Reset Gauge" on menu "lenovo setting". Further, unable to install power managment 1.67.12.16 nor 1.67.12.14.

I have a similar problem with my X1 (20A7).  Did all the latest updates yesterday (Sep.13, 2016) and now power manager doesn't open if you double click the batttery - nothing happens.  And to get the battery to show up, I had to unload TP settings dependency, re-run the PM driver, then reload TP settings dependency.  Still can't open power manager.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/W550S-window-10-quot-battery-reset-gauge-quot-failure/td-p/3430054
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows 7 x64 Professional. I have several issues. Most notable is the fact that I will tell the system to restart (shutdown menu) and it will eventually restart (sometimes hangs at "logging off...") then fails to post after shutting down on the restart. If I manually toggle my reset button, the system starts up fine with no errors. If I had to power off during a hang at shutdown, I get a prompt with startup options saying the system failed to shut down correctly.

Other issues which may be related: Windows update freezes after opening only displaying the loading mouse (think hourglass) and a white screen. I have to force quit from task manager. iTunes also fails to launch, but opens a process (visable in task manager).

I have tried a system settings/files restore, with no progress.

Any help!?

Thanks!

A:fail to post after restart, but fixed with reset button

Welcome to Seven forums LongN3ck.
Offhand this sounds like a bad motherboard. Power off and remove all USB devices, except keyboard, mouse, and try it. Take out all memory modules except one and try it.
Power off and reset CMOS. Pull the power cable out first.
*Method one, remove the coin battery and short the battery terminals for 10 seconds.
*Method two, The mother board may have CMOS reset jumpers, short them for 10 seconds.

If the issue persists I still think its a bad board. I've had much experience with bad ones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/216695-fail-post-after-restart-but-fixed-reset-button.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

Yesterday we had a 3 second power failure and when my computer restarted, the desktop icons were taking foreverrrr to show up (usually my computer takes 30 secs to load up because I only have a few programs installed at the moment). So I forced shutdown using the button and then booted up again.

Now it won't get past the MOBO's post screen and I can't even use my keyboard to get into the startup or the bios. Every time I shut down my computer, when I go to turn it back on the same thing happens and the only way I can get it going again is to reset the jumpers.

I did research prior to asking for help, but it seemed that everyone had different issues. I've never heard of this one before. My only guess is the MOBO battery, but I highly doubt it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot!

A:Freezes at post screen. Need to reset jumpers EVERY restart

The cmos battery does not stop a post. You will get an error however the system will post.

I would put the system into a very basic state.
1 Open the case and pull the pw connector from ALL drives; hd and optical.
2 Disconnect any usb type device
3 Pull out any add-in cards such as sound, nic, etc. Leave in your video card
4 Remove all ram except one stick.

Now attempt a post. If it fails, shutdown and try a different ram chip.

If it still fails to post, you will need to swap parts with known good ones; ie power supply, motherboard, ram, etc to find the problem.

FWIW I just fixed a family member's system that suffered a power failure/surge. It was just the pw supply that went out [they were lucky]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezes-at-post-screen-need-to-reset-jumpers-every-restart.747277/
Relevancy 49.45%

So my phone Lumia was hit with the restart bug I was left with no option but to do a factory reset I went through the proper procedures I somehow managed to verify that my phone had created a backup of my apps and settings I removed the SD card just in case Etc etc However after the reset upon attempting to download my backups I was met with several problems The first OneDrive apparently has no backup for me to access I've tried numerous times but there seems to be no backups to be had The second several apps I had had installed are seemingly no longer available on the Windows store So what am I to glean from all this Because of some poorly coded bull leading to an OS or firmware bug bug hard restart and after defaults. Issues to factory reset I've lost a hefty chunk of personal data and cherished applications despite using MS's 'backup' feature if this sounds hostile it's likely because it is I'm very agitated by this I still have the SD card unformatted However there seems to be no meaningful way for me to recover what Issues after restart bug and hard reset to factory defaults. is on it At least not in any way that my phone will recognize Any advice anyone can give besides dropping this piece of junk and getting an Android

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442062-issues-after-restart-bug-hard-reset-factory-defaults.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I set Windows update to notify me to schedule a restart.

To my horror, I found it had been reset to Automatic (recommended).

I didn't do that... so that's not good. Has anyone experienced this?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/42102-schedule-restart-found-reset-automatic-recommended-how-when.html
Relevancy 49.45%

New laptop May 2016, with Win 10 x 64  installed.  Ran all upgrades.  Since purchase, every time I restart, shut down etc, it 'resets' all of the personalized settings, especially annoying is the mouse/touch pad.  I have to open settings every single time and select the disable touch pad, and also select the have touchpad icon on task bar.  While I'm in this session, all is fine, but a soon as I shut down/restart it goes back to squre one, starting point ever time.  It's very annoying.  Especially that the icon won't stay on the task bar-I have to go to settings, advanced/more settings...etc.  I've updated everything, I've run 'fixes' have tried everything I can think of.  Thanks much!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Settings-reset-won-t-stay-Every-restart-is-basically-a-hard/td-p/5658118
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been getting a strange reset of system wide settings upon awake and restart . When I say system wide , I mean desktop , various Windows settings/programs , and Game settings / Data . I have scanned for malware / viruses . I've done a few hard drive error checks . I've also looked at the Event log , but have found no reason why it does this . It has done this for the past few months . I'm trying to avoid doing a system restore or fresh install . Anybody have any suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/68861-strange-system-settings-reset-wake-restart.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Recently I made my first custom mouse cursor Custom cursors mouse restart? reset upon to default scheme using the Microangelo Toolset I saved the scheme and applied it I also re-saved the theme as well i e background colors icons etc Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? so that the mouse scheme would be associated with my current desktop theme Everything works fine until I restart my computer When I restart my desktop theme loads but not the mouse scheme If I right-click on the desktop and select personalize and then select a different theme and then switch back the cursor scheme loads But having to do this every time my computer Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? starts up is annoying So I want to know what I need to do to get these custom cursors to load on start-up thanks in advance Edit Okay I just realized I was wrong about something When I restart and switch themes Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? and then switch back only some of my custom cursors load Specifically my custom re-size i e horizontal vertical re-size etc cursors do not load instead the re-size cursors from one of the default schemes loads I think there might be some other one's that don't load also Edit Alright nevermind I got it working I had my custom cursors saved in my microangelo folder so I copied and pasted them into the windows default cursor folder C Computer Local Disk C Windows Cursors Then I went back to the pointers tab in the mouse properties window i e right-click desktop gt personalize gt Change mouse pointers I selected my scheme and then manually browsed to the new location for each cursor Then saved my scheme Then I went back to the personalization window and it said I had an unsaved theme so I saved my theme That's it works now

A:Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart?

ech..... that's good for you.. i have same problem. You just copied all your custom cursor folder to Windows/Cursors folder? i've tried to do this but it didn't helped me... Maybe it's becuz i have another custom cursor installed on my PC? O__o

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/175699-custom-mouse-cursors-reset-default-upon-restart.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I walked away from my computer for a couple minutes. Came back and the displays were off, computer was still on. Held the power button to shut it off. Shut off everything (displays, surge protector, switch on PSU) for about ten sceonds.

Turn the computer back on and the BIOS screen came up stating "CPU was changed, press delete to enter BIOS".
I did not change the CPU, does this sound like a CMOS battery going bad?

A:computer would not restart (bad CMOS battery?)

Quote: Originally Posted by HAVOC

I walked away from my computer for a couple minutes. Came back and the displays were off, computer was still on. Held the power button to shut it off. Shut off everything (displays, surge protector, switch on PSU) for about ten sceonds.

Turn the computer back on and the BIOS screen came up stating "CPU was changed, press delete to enter BIOS".
I did not change the CPU, does this sound like a CMOS battery going bad?

Maybe; could be many other things, but a dying CMOS battery is a possible suspect.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238005-computer-would-not-restart-bad-cmos-battery.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When I close the lid on my T40 (goes in to standby mode) it will not restart. I have to remove the battery and the AC supply then replug the AC and press the Power button. It then does a complete restart. This also happens if I use Hibernate (FN+F12) or Standby (FN+F4). I have checked the BIOS and upgraded to the latest version from the IBM/Lenovo website. The battery is fine and not part of the IBM recall. I can use the T40 on battery power. However, it WILL NOT boot from battery either!!

I've tried all the advice from the IBM website so am now turning to the experts. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this. It is getting annoying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-t40-will-not-restart-from-standby-hibernate-on-battery.617186/
Relevancy 49.02%

Thanks for reading this ??battery battery Laptop calibration?? issue i have never posted anything in my life but i am stumped and need some help I got a dell inspiron and one day i was running it while it was Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration?? pluged in and i unpluged it and the laptop just quot Bloop quot shut off i tried turning it back on but nothing just as if i had no battery in it at all when i pluged it back in it fired up like normal i checked Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration?? the battery meter and it said full then charged up to full but still it wont run off the battery as soon as i unplug it it shuts right off Someone told me to run the battery calibration but my bios doesnt have an option for it at least i cant find it i know it has it somewere because when i first bought this laptop the screen was broke and when i bought a new one for it and booted it up it said i had to run the battery calibration befor it could start quot not sure why quot but i did watched it drain and charge so i know it's in here somewere do you think this would even help Also i think i updated the bios so it might have had an older bios witch might have had the battery calibration and the new one i put on doesnt It has verison A now i tried quot downgrading quot to A and A but it doesnt let me Says i have a newer verison and cannot install an older verison Stinks this problem kinda takes the quot Mobil quot feature out of a laptop Any help would be Awesome

A:Laptop battery issue ??battery calibration??

i'm afraid the battery calibration program is only used to initialize new Li-Ion batteries which need to be prepped with an initial charge-discharge cycle.

It sounds to me like you have a battery composed of 32 (probably AA sized) cells.
One of those cells has died and hence you see only 97% charge. Unfortunately losing a single cell prevents current from entering or leaving the battery so your battery will not discharge correctly therefore shutoff without discharge.

I think you need a new battery. Although it may be possible to replace the single bad cell, other cells may be degraded also - if one cell failed, why not others? unit could have been exposed to heat etc.

Although I was an engineer for Gould, I am not a battery expert!

good luck!
Simon

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/109826-laptop-battery-issue-battery-calibration.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Unit has been working fine.  Went to put into hibernate mode as usually do, but did not have that option.  Put it to sleep.  Now won't wake up.  30 second push of power button with battery removed didn't help.  Any ideas?

A:Aspire 5560-sb256 won't boot. Battery reset doesn...

start pc logo comes on then windows and says loading files..then screen goes blank..tried alt f1o ..finally said restore to factory settings...then back to acer startup and same thing all over again

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5560-sb256-won-t-boot-Battery-reset-doesn-t-help-New/td-p/422523/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

HELP Computer won t boot Tried everything Ok so this is my set up DDR mb Ram Asus A N X-X motherboard sapphire radeon xt mb GFX amd athlon cpu ghz gb HD just some cheap one- i forget brand perhaps seagate edit a floppy In BIOS? HELP! won't HELP! Computer Reset CMOS Outed Battery? it. it. and boot! and dvd burning drive Ok and the problem is I installed a ripped off ty version of XP Never really worked splendidly I changed somehting in the bios i had no idea what it was i m stupid for doing so i realise it was something to HELP! Computer won't boot! BIOS? Reset it. CMOS Battery? In and Outed it. HELP! do with speed it was at about mhz and i changed it to mhz also note i had the quot bios virus alert thing quot ON the next few boots were dodgy and it only HELP! Computer won't boot! BIOS? Reset it. CMOS Battery? In and Outed it. HELP! booted up every second or third attempt if it didnt boot up it wouldnt boot and just went beep long beeps and repeated -in no code this worked for boots before it never booted again it just beeped until i moved the jumpers on the pins from the two pins closest to the battery position to the furthest two and turned HELP! Computer won't boot! BIOS? Reset it. CMOS Battery? In and Outed it. HELP! the pc on it didnt beep the monitor didnt respond and but it seemed to be turned on the cpu fan was going and a green LED on the mobo was on i then turned the power off and stuck the jumper back on the original pins and turned it back on hoping the BIOS would be reset but the beeping sequence continued and nothing seemed to start So then i took out the battery for over half an hour then put it back in with the jumper still on the original pins- nb the comp power was off it booted - well it half booted i mean the LED was on on the mobo and the cpu fan was running but it never boot nb no beeps now either - that is my current situation has my mobo been toasted is it my sweet as gfx card lt whats up the ram Help list suggestions and steps on how to do them like a guide-by-guide for newbs like me P S edit do you think a system repair or flash bios would work THANKS IF YOU READ IT ALL nbsp

A:HELP! Computer won't boot! BIOS? Reset it. CMOS Battery? In and Outed it. HELP!

The Athlon XP 2600 that runs at 1917MHz runs on an FSB of 166MHz and has a clock multiplier of 11.5 (166 X 11.5 = 1909Mhz).

So if you have a system bus setting of 200MHz and the clock multiplier is set a 11.5, you were running it at 2300MHz, which is seriously overclocking it.

The processor might not have been up to that much overclocking and died.

Find out what BIOS settings do before you change them!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-computer-wont-boot-bios-reset-it-cmos-battery-in-and-outed-it-help.49267/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All,

My Proxy Settings keep going to reset after restart every time in Internet Explorer 11 and every time i need to set Proxy again.
Proxy is going reset to automatically detect!

Can some help me urgent to resolve this issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5da3112c-fd63-4543-b1f3-487e12a8763c/proxy-settings-keep-reset-after-restart-in-internet-explorer-11-urgent-help?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 48.59%

Please HELP! My lenovo G570 bsods on restart. Then when I turn it off at power and back on it stalls at windows 7 image before welcome screen. Attached are my SF files.
Thanks in advance for any help

A:BSOD on restart, no startup after unless battery removed

Code:
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8005501660, fffff80000ba2740}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
Implicit thread is now fffffa80`05501660
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : iaStor.sys ( iaStor+23b20 )

Code:
0: kd> lmvm iaStor
start end module name
fffff880`01035000 fffff880`01189000 iaStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iaStor.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Timestamp: Fri Feb 18 16:10:50 2011 (4D5E9A0A)
CheckSum: 00076066
ImageSize: 00154000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The Intel Rapid Storage driver is problematic, you will need to install this specific version:Intel? Rapid Storage Technology (Intel? RST) RAID Driver
Start
Type: Device Manager
Disc Devices
Remove drivers for each device
Reboot, Windows will configure it's own driver: msachi.sys
Install Intel Rapid Storage driver
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite
Daemon Tools uses a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7.

Reduce the number of programs at startup, to avoid any driver or program conflicts:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Startup Programs - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285967-bsod-restart-no-startup-after-unless-battery-removed.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Sound levels of main driver reset on closing the lid sleep or restart Main driver Soundmax as installed via Windows Update Overlayed driver SRS Audio Sandbox Main output Line Out quot Default quot levels for Main Left Right Preferred levels Solved: levels sound driver lid restart/sleep/closing at reset Soundmax for Main Left Right Left Right settings Solved: Soundmax driver sound levels reset at restart/sleep/closing lid available in additional settings for balance per channel Left Right was once chosen to compensate for slightly broken headphone At preferred levels using the volume buttons to alter levels processed Solved: Soundmax driver sound levels reset at restart/sleep/closing lid with SRS Audio Sandbox provide a tolerable maximum level is good is way to loud Clearly something causes the settings to reset to the wrong quot Default levels quot Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard E KBC Version CE CVX Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Code Laptop HP EliteBook p Pre-installed OS Vista Currently installed x Vista Driver Soundmax original Never used Vista unknown if issue exists in Vista Driver Soundmax via Windows Update Has issue Currently in use Driver Soundmax original Has issue Overlay Driver Application SRS Audio Sandbox x Has no effect on issue is not cause of issue Soundmax original has custom options panel in Control Panel does not provide sound level options unknown if case in Vista in this custom panel Whether Soundmax or SRS Audio Sandbox is the default device or default communications device or both the problem persists When sound levels of Soundmax are high adjusting the volume via main volume buttons provides a too high maximum volume and too big increases of volume per step This and resetting the left-right balance is the reason for adjusting the Soundmax levels from to The volume buttons control the volume as processed by SRS Audio Sandbox Thus the Soundmax volume acts as a Master volume I can alter the maximum level and relative levels for left and right via the Control Panel gt Hardware and Sound gt Sound panel clicking the Soundmax driver clicking properties and altering the settings in the levels tab The problem occurs when I close the lid set the laptop to sleep or restart it The soundmax levels reset to the quot Default quot levels only to blow my ears to destruction once again Does anyone know the answer to this issue I Google d for this issue and while I got similar issues with sound none shared enough similarity to provide an answer Thanks in advance UPDATE Closing the lid doesn t always seem to start the issue Maybe something else is going on nbsp

A:Solved: Soundmax driver sound levels reset at restart/sleep/closing lid

Fix: It seems Skype was causing the issue. An update apparently reset some settings, which caused Skype to automatically adjust sound levels. Switching this option of in Skype provided me with a few hours and a sleep-awake scene without the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-soundmax-driver-sound-levels-reset-at-restart-sleep-closing-lid.1003580/
Relevancy 45.58%

My laptop was running slow so I thought I would do a hard reset since I didn't have any important files on it. So I reset it and I got a blue screen error, then a listing screen with a popup box saying there was an error or my computer restarted and I should press OK to install. I found a solution online to get past the popup box, I don't remember what it was though, but now my laptop is stuck in a state of constant reboot. It goes like this:Blue HP Logo with loading circle,Black screen,Blue HP Logo,Installing and configuring Windows install screen that doesn't move past 64%,And then black screen. This process constantly repeats.Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-hard-reset-my-laptop-error-occurred-and-now-my-laptop-is/td-p/5671630
Relevancy 45.58%

I used the media profile to download Windows 10 to a USB and everything worked fine but now there's another problem. My laptop was working after reinstalling Windows, but then I shut my laptop over and went away for ten minutes or so and I've came back to a black screen with no display at all. The white LED is on so my laptop is on. It has around 40% charge in it as of typing this. The screen is unresponsive. Please help again but thank you for helping me fix the first issue.

A:Re: I hard reset my laptop, error occurred and now my laptop...

Hi @kirsty_mcq17, Thanks for the update on your situation. I understand that you are now having issues with the display being blank and the system unresponsive. Have you tried doing a hard reset since the system stopped responding? If the system will not boot into Windows normally, let me know if you get any errors. You can also try using Safe mode. Once you are able to log back in, please make sure you download the latest HP drivers and Windows Updates. From what you described, it sounds like the system may have gone into sleep or hibernate mode. This document will take you through troubleshooting possible issues with those features. If you feel this post has answered your question, take a moment to click Accept as Solution. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Re-I-hard-reset-my-laptop-error-occurred-and-now-my-laptop/td-p/5672477
Relevancy 45.15%

Since i bought a new laptop E7270, is it allowed to use my power adaptor my old Dell E6420 also for the new one?   If so i can use one adaptor at home and another in office and dont need to carry the power adaptor always.
Will this impact the battery performance of the new laptop?

A:If it is possible to use the power adapter of E6420 for my new laptop E7270? Will it impact the battery of the new laptop?

If the connector fits (it may not - the older systems use a much larger barrel connector than many of the new ones), AND the power (wattage) is equal or greater, yes.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984388
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello there I have an one year-old ASUS K S Laptop Windows Home Premium GB Ram and HDD At the beginning my battery lasted gt hours in Balanced power mode which is the one I alway use and now due to regular use it last about hours Everything normal until here About months ago battery Laptop at powers laptop unexpectedly 20% off problem: i started playing this game in full screen with the battery on and it last about - minutes until it reached Laptop battery problem: laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20% the low battery warning left I would then plug the power on and resume the game charging the battery as well After a few weeks the warning stopped appearing in the desktop and the computer automatically hibernated left with the game still on So i plugged the ac power on and resumed the game right away This kept happening from that moment on every time i played the game it would reach battery left and hibernate for itself whereas it should appear the low battery warning at left where I would plug in the ac power and charge the battery without going into hibernation On top of that my sister kept stealing my ac charger for charging her Toshiba Satellite as she often forgets her own charger at her workplace Now at the present day when the battery reaches about - left the laptop power off unexpectedly as if I had pull the battery off of the laptop It must be from all those time it would reach left with the game still on that quot tired quot the battery and now it won't even last further than left It might be a problem with the battery or the ac charger that my sister used in another computer Both the battery and its respectively ac charger are the ones that came with the laptop Regards conhaqu

A:Laptop battery problem: laptop powers off unexpectedly at 20%

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/322523-laptop-battery-problem-laptop-powers-off-unexpectedly-20-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello ...
I have had a Toshiba C850-A965 laptop for 4 years
and it's been working perfectly
untill one day recently, a message poped up saying that there's something wrong with the battery and should be replaced, but it was still the same, works for an hour and a half approximately
But, I went ahead and bought a new battery, the message disappeared
and i fully charged and then started the laptop
it worked for about 15 mins and then it shut down ( like u took the plug off from a desktop computer) without any warning
when i turned it back on, it was still fully charged !!! and the shutting down happend again and again :(
the old battery is still working fine
so that must mean that there's nth wrong with my laptop right? and the battery is bad?
please give me your opinions
thank you for your precious time

A:laptop battery problem, laptop shut down suddenly

Could still be a faulty battery. It can read the correct voltage off load, but as soon as you put a load on it, it takes a dive. The battery status symbol is just that, a symbol. The only foolproof method of proving it is to replace it with a known good battery. Do you have any good friends with a similar laptop ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-battery-problem-laptop-shut-down-suddenly-4606017/
Relevancy 44.72%

i got a C855D-13N
at first it worked fine but now it keeps telling me to restart because it has some problem.
it shows up on a blue screen with a telling me it
BTW it not like it tell me to restart, it just restarts telling me that's what its doing
usually after restarting, the internet can not find any wireless connection things therefore I have to restart it again.

this is happening more frequently, what is wrong with it :S
please help me out
thanks in advance for any input

ps it kinda hard to say what the exact message says cause
A) it happens randomly
B) the way it goes to 100% is way too quick for me to write it down
sorry :S

A:Toshiba laptop keeps forcing me to restart laptop because of some problem :S

Often it's a driver issue. Since you are also having trouble with the wireless I'll take a stab in the dark and suggest make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Toshiba's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-keeps-forcing-me-to-restart-laptop-because-of-some-problem-s.1091610/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi problem: detected" battery is "No Laptop battery everyone My laptop battery seemed like it had loads of life left in it but one day Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected" it just suddenly stopped working and my laptop started saying quot no battery is detected quot I contacted the insurance people and they came over to check that the battery was dead and that it wasn't a problem with my laptop itself They confirmed that I just needed a new battery and sent me a new one Now with the new battery in it is saying the exact same thing quot no battery is detected quot and only working off power from the charger If I take the battery out and then put it back in again the laptop says quot plugged in and charging quot for a few seconds before switching back to saying quot no battery is detected quot and completely ignoring the battery I know that the problem must be with the laptop and not the battery so does anybody know how I can fix this problem Thanks

A:Laptop battery problem: "No battery is detected"

Hi and welcome to TSF please try removing the battery and the ac adapter and hold down the power button for 45 secs then try booting with the battery alone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-battery-problem-no-battery-is-detected-644309.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello
I have a Toshiba windows Xp professional 2001 Laptop

Before I got this error my computer was doing a shut down update. I forgot to plug the charger before I left to work and the screen said "please do not unplug or shut off computer" so I'm guessing my computer died before it could finish updating. I went home turned it on and got "a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart" restarted it and just keeps looping to that screen.

Spent hours searching the internet for a solution and nothing. So the only answer I could think of is factory reset it. Is there another way? Will it work? Please help

Thanks in advance

A:Will Factory Reset Fix "a disk read error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

If you have a Windows XP CD you can boot off of the that and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter this will try to repair any problems.
If you don't have an XP CD, you can download the ISO image for the Recovery Console: DOWNLOAD: Windows Recovery Console Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD in the troubled computer, and follow the above instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/will-factory-reset-fix-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart-907714.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi , I'm using windows 8.1 on ASUS N series laptop 64 bit, my windows got problem and after i updated to windows 10 and try to factory reset it, it got to 99% and say that the window has a problem, it cannot reset my windows and stuck in restart loops.

I've spam F9 and try to reset the pc again, but the problem still persist and i even try to solve it with the advanced options ( startup repair, system restore, system image recovery setting - all end up with this pc require administration account, and somehow my account is lost due to reset earlier) i even try to reinstall windows with CD but it doesnt detected.

It seems like i lost both my windows 8 and windows 10 on the laptop.

Can anyone please help me. Tq

A:Windows 8.1 & windows 10 : fail to factory reset and stuck in restart

Since you did upgrade and activate (did it activate okay?) then you should be able to clean install Windows 10 and have it activate.
See here: Windows 10 - Clean Install

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/14251-windows-8-1-windows-10-fail-factory-reset-stuck-restart.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have just received a replacement battery for my Toshiba Satellite L laptop which I Won't On Now Turn New Laptop Battery - Laptop Solved: purchased from a preferred seller on Ebay When I put Solved: New Laptop Battery - Now Laptop Won't Turn On it in the laptop to charge and use the computer while it s charging the computer will not even turn on I contacted the seller and this is what he replied quot We are sorry to hear that the battery did not work well No problem for return and you will get a full refund if we receive your return within days of the purchase date However before the return please check Solved: New Laptop Battery - Now Laptop Won't Turn On the following Make sure that your power adapter and electric outlet work well Make sure that the connection part between battery and laptop is clean If not please clean and try the battery again Many new batteries need several charge to reach the full capacity If it is a newly received battery please recharge several times to allow the battery to its full capacity If you recently upgrade your operating system to windows it may cause the battery not charge Please go online for a solution for your specific laptop model Please check your laptop manufacturer s website for a BIOS update Recently a few customers reported that the Bios update solved the problem having with their battery If none of these steps works please return the whole package to the following address by USPS Priority or UPS ground And please include the order receipt or shipping slip in the return package We suggest that you use a delivery confirmation to track the shipment so that the return is confirmed Upon receiving the return we will process the refund in business days quot I have checked to see that all connections are good and I have not recently upgraded operating systems Now what I am wondering is should I check into the BIOS update or should I just consider this a lost cause and return the battery I realize that buying an original Toshiba battery would have been a better choice but I was just trying to save some money Please advise Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

I have an HP Probook 4540S.

I don't use it that often and when I put it away, I make sure the battery is at 100%.

Today, I went to use it, and it would not power on.

I plugged in the A/C adapter and it powered up and showed the battery at 0%.

I called HP and they said that is normal and if I'm not going to use it for more than a week, to remove the battery.

I went to the HP forum, and they said just the opposite- The Mod said it has to be a software problem or a crappy battery.

Which is correct and would removing the battery when not using it be okay?

Thanks,

Paul

A:Laptop battery draining when laptop is shut down

Batteries do lose a certain percentage while being shutoff, usually 2-3% but it can be higher. The battery could be completely normal or it could be going bad. Typically this is from heat or poor charging habits (don't worry, everyone does it).

Here is a link to help you better understand laptop battery usage:
BatteryCare - Proper laptop battery usage guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343379-laptop-battery-draining-when-laptop-shut-down.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I ve got a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT P laptop that I just recently got a new battery for The old battery had reached the off is Laptop Laptop Charge Battery Doesn't if end of its life only lasting for about - minutes if I was lucky Anyway I got a new battery but Laptop Battery Doesn't Charge if Laptop is off it was not the original Sony battery it was a comparable one of a different brand for less then half of the price of the Sony When charged it lasts a good hours no problem but doesn t seem to charge when the laptop is off Yesterday I turned it on it said it had remainng I charged it for about minutes and then it read Upon unplugging it it again read but with another minutes plugged it it went up to and stayed there when unplugged I should also note that I ve reformatted the computer so it only has Sony drivers that the device manager said I lacked Was the lower priced battery too good to be true or is there an easy fix to this problem Appreciate the help in advance Zach nbsp

A:Laptop Battery Doesn't Charge if Laptop is off

a bios update is often needed when using a different battery than what the laptop was designed to use, and since you bought a generic battery, i highly doubt that Sony will provide support of any kind for it.

Check Ebay for actual Sony brand batteries (not another generic), you can get them on Ebay for 1/2 (or less) the price that you would pay in a store or from Sony

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-doesnt-charge-if-laptop-is-off.43551/
Relevancy 43.86%

All of the sudden my computer is messing up. If I just start my computer up it boots up just like it should but lets say I install something and it says it needs to restart my computer is when it messes up.

The computer try's to start up and the light on the monitor turns to yellow but the computer never turns off and the yellow light on the monitor just goes away and comes back and goes away again and comes back.

It just keeps doing that and never restarts at all. In order to get my computer to re-boot I have to push the reset button on my tower and then my computer starts right up again. No matter what I do it will not do a restart.

Any suggestions any body????

Mike

A:Computer won't restart. Have to hit reset button to get computer back

Hello,

Are you experiencing a Blue Screen?
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313726-computer-wont-restart-have-hit-reset-button-get-computer-back.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello all,

i have some problem with my laptop, my laptop cant shutdown normally when i do that my laptop just restart.

i had done solution from internet like :

- shutdown using command
- clear registry using ccleaner
- disable automatic restart when system failure
- set bios to default setting
- update driver
- disable or uninstall lancard

but the problem still happend on my laptop, can anyone give me other solution?

for your information im using win 7 professional on hp notebook

ps : sorry if my english is bad

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386960-cant-shutdown-hibernate-laptop-when-i-do-laptop-just-restart.html
Relevancy 43%

PLEASE HELP: A few days ago my laptop wasn't working very well. I was exploring my options and decided to reset it. I tried this and it told me there was an issue resetting it, so I tried resetting it again. Now the laptop will not fully turn on. It turns on and displays the hp logo then the screen goes blank. After a few minutes the hp logo displays again. All the function keys work but I can't find a solution. Could it just be the fan? Please help, my laptop is my life. The laptop is an HP Stream Model: 11-r010nr

A:Reset laptop, now laptop isn't working

Try holding the Esc key down while booting and the press F11 to run the system recovery.  If this does not work, you might have to boot from a recovery USB to restore the laptop.  If you did not create one, you can order one from HP.  If this has Windows 10 on it, you can also do a fresh install using the downloadable installation media from Microsoft.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Reset-laptop-now-laptop-isn-t-working/td-p/5631878
Relevancy 43%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello there,

I'd like to restore my computer from A image file but when I do it tells me to create a System Repair Disc
I'd like to get instructions to restore my laptop from Image Disc.
Or get instructions restore without CD/DVD A Toshiba Satellite Pro L450D-12X

Many thanks in advanced,

A:How Do I Reset My Laptop?

Hello Adil,

Just to clarify, did you mean that you wanted to do a factory recovery/restore to restore your preinstalled Windows 7 back to factory conditions, or to do a system image recovery with a system image that you created?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/212467-how-do-i-reset-my-laptop.html