Windows Support Forum

Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Q: Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi, I have an old Time laptop (so getting any drivers/chipsets will be a pain) that I'm using as a Home Theatre PC under my TV. I can wake up from standby with its power button, but not from its keyboard. Also, I can't do this using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard, connected via USB (laptop doesn't have any PS2 ports).

I want to be albe to keep the laptop lid closed at all times and placed above my VCR, so having to open it every time I want to wake from standby is not ideal.

I've looked at all the APM properties for m/board and keyb but nothing. The BIOS says nothing about power management either.

Running Win XP SP2

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi

Were u able to do that before? Are u sure that your laptop is set to standby and not to sleep/hibernate mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-wake-up-from-standby-with-own-keyboard-or-usb-keyboard.722999/
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi I have a Logitech DiNovo Edge Wireless Keyboard and a Logitech M Wireless Mouse I have a problem though I already searched EVERYWHERE and I cannot find and answer I can't get my laptop to wake up by pressing keys on the keyboard or by clicking the mouse The only way Make Wake Wireless Laptop With Keyboard? Up I can get it out of standby is to press a key on the actual laptop or click something with the laptop's Make Laptop Wake Up With Wireless Keyboard? built it touchpad I already tried looking in Device Manager but there is no Power Make Laptop Wake Up With Wireless Keyboard? Management tab for the keyboard or Make Laptop Wake Up With Wireless Keyboard? the mouse There is only a Power Management tab on the laptop's built in keyboard and touchpad It's kind of annoying not being able to use the wireless devices to wake up the computer I've read around that maybe it's because since the computer is on standby the wireless keyboard and mouse's USB receiver aren't being powered by the laptop I have no idea what to try now and it's irritating Does anyone here have a solution It would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks for reading

A:Make Laptop Wake Up With Wireless Keyboard?

Go into the Power plan by searching for power options.

In your power plan, go to change advanced settings

You will find in this list, a section called USB Settings

Disabling the Suspend should allow the USB devices to continue working when the computer sleeps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179267-make-laptop-wake-up-wireless-keyboard.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I am not sure if this is the right board to post this question in, but I am having the same issue with two HP Pavilion 13-a113cl laptops that are running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). The issue has to do with waking the machines from sleep using the keyboard or mouse pad. I am not having any issues with them waking from sleep using the power button or when I open or close them. I checked the BIOS and the power settings aren't there. (BIOS version F.32)I have the boxes checked to allow the devices to wake the computer in the power management section without any success.I have changed the Intel MEI driver to 9.5 instead of 11 that is typically installed  without any success. I am not sure if this is an issue with the BIOS and Windows 10 or something driver related. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-laptop-won-t-wake-from-sleep-via-keyboard-or/td-p/5648973
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a laptop with windows 10, and it's connected to a PC monitor and mouse all the time. (I barely open the laptop)
But when I put the laptop on the sleep mode and run the PC again, I have to open the laptop click on the power button to wake the laptop up and close the laptop. It's really taxing every time I do that to run the PC
is there anyway I can run the PC by moving the mouse or click on the keyboard keys ?!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439645-how-can-i-wake-my-laptop-up-moving-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Alright I have a unique problem with my keyboard, that seems more or less of a software issue than a hardware issue. For some strange reason, every few minutes my laptop keyboard will stop working for no reason. But when I restart the computer, or go into standby and then turn the computer back on, it works fine. I checked device manager and event viewer and there is nothing to give hint as to why this is happening.

So what gives?! Anyone have any advice?

A:Laptop keyboard suddenly stops working, but works upon standby/respawn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-suddenly-stops-working-but-works-upon-standby-respawn.874142/
Relevancy 84.28%

I ve got a year old standby/restart/hibernate UNTIL stops randomly working Laptop keyboard m9700 Alienware m laptop that has been giving me quite a bit of trouble over the last few months About three months ago the touchpad just completely stopped working and for the last two months the keyboard will lock up at random times m9700 Laptop keyboard randomly stops working UNTIL standby/restart/hibernate USB keyboar still works but as I m in the air on m9700 Laptop keyboard randomly stops working UNTIL standby/restart/hibernate the go a lot having to carry around a big ol keyboard is highly unrealistic The computer is amazing when it works but it s just getting ridiculous On top of that the wifi cuts in and out as though its searching for other channels Ive already uninstalled the realtek software so theres no contradicting software issues and tried switching channels but thats not my real issue--the KEYBOARD is I think I ve ruled out it being a hardware issue as the keyboard works fine for a few minutes and then boom it just locks up What makes me think its some sort of software issue is if I go into standby mode or hibernate and come out it works just fine--until it locks up again then I have to standby and come out makes for a real hard time when I m trying to edit But heres the real doozy--this problem started a few months ago when I had my old hard drive--but this is a brand new hard drive with a fresh copy of XP on it weird huh I ve searched high and low for a resolution They dont make this keyboard anymore so I m out of luck in terms of getting a new one Every quot similar quot post I ve seen has been graphics related or cpu related and I checked all my connections and everything is seated properly So I ask you oh techy god s WHAT THE F nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m9700-laptop-keyboard-randomly-stops-working-until-standby-restart-hibernate.903019/
Relevancy 79.12%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 77.83%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 76.97%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 76.97%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

A:laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 75.68%

Dear All,
I have installed XP on HP dv5t laptop.It seems laptop doesn't wakeup from standby mode, I tried every other key with function key including display key but no luck, must do hard reboot. Does anyone has any idea how can i fix this?
Rgards
Girish

A:HP laptop dv5t does not wake up from standby mode

You could try going into the BIOS to see what wake up events are enabled and make any necessary changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-dv5t-does-not-wake-up-from-standby-mode.127095/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, when I typed on the usb keyboard, nothing happened. So I put it in a different usb port on the laptop, and it still didn't work. So I tried the laptop's own keyboard and still nothing. I'm not sure what is going on. 

I tried deleting the keyboard driver from Device Manager but that did nothing. I tried searching for this problem but all the results seem to not apply to this specifically. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Also... I'm a n00b that knows very little about computers so bear with me

A:Laptop won't recognize keyboard OR external usb keyboard

When you deleted the keyboard driver for the laptop...did you reboot after doing so?

Does your BIOS call for USB  boot via USB device?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573633/laptop-wont-recognize-keyboard-or-external-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didn’t work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 75.25%

My grandmother was in the middle of typing an email. When she hit the shift key to make a capital letter, a box about sticky keys came up, and now neither keyboard will work. She has restarted the computer, unplugged/re-plugged in the auxilary keyboard, (before, even with the auxilary keyboard plugged in, she could still use the laptop keyboard), pressing the scroll lock key didn't do anyting either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Kirsten

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-auxilary-keyboard-not-working.829998/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi folks I've had success on this forum before and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of IT than me can Cannot and in laptop to keyboard on-screen unresponsive keyboard ? W7 log no suggest Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard a workaround solution Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard to an issue I currently have with a Windows Home Premium laptop This is an old laptop that I only use from time to time but it still has a number of files and photos on it that I don't have saved elsewhere Last time I used the laptop it was acting as if the Ctrl key was being pressed every - seconds which made the keyboard difficult to use because it triggered shortcuts as I tried to type Ctrl O Ctrl S etc Because I don't use the laptop as my main machine I decided that I'd uninstall the keyboard driver from within the Control Panel and just use the on-screen keyboard going forward Following this I powered the machine on a couple of days ago and panicked when I discovered that I couldn't get the Ease of Access dialog box to display on the login screen to allow me to enable the on-screen keyboard It doesn't produce any kind of error it simply does nothing when the button located in the left-hand corner is clicked At this point I was still hopeful that I could get around the issue by connecting a standard USB keyboard but this is also completely unresponsive although it does appear to be getting power from the laptop because the Caps Lock indicator light is lit I've tried a few alternatives connecting the keyboard before powering up during the start up process and also at the log in screen Additionally in the hope that it would automatically install a driver in the background and eventually allow the keyboard to function I left the machine running for about minutes but still nothing So just to confirm the machine has only a single user account set up on it which is password protected I can't proceed past the log in screen at all the laptop's default keyboard is unresponsive Ease of Access OSK dialog box will not display and the standard USB keyboard I have here doesn't appear to be helping either I also considered trying the above in safe mode before realising that I couldn't even do that without a keyboard unless there's another way of accessing this that I'm not aware of Any ideas - Thanks

A:Cannot log in to W7 laptop – unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard

If you are just interested in recovering your data to save elsewhere you could purchase an external enclosure for about $8.00 at Newegg, remove the HDD from the laptop and install it in the external enclosure.  You can then attach it to another computer via a USB cable (which comes with the enclosure) and access your data to recover what you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591884/cannot-log-in-to-w7-laptop-unresponsive-keyboard-and-no-on-screen-keyboard/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hallo,is it possible to keep power on at USB ports when the PC is shut down (blinking 4x), so as I can wake with usb-keyboard?I do not find any settings in BIOS (LAN v02.22 von 07/22/2015).In device manager I tried different settings, but not working.Thanks for helpRichi  

A:Wake by keyboard

Richi349 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!If there are no settings for this in the BIOS, then no -- it's not possible.   The BIOS has to "see" the keypress to wake the PC and if the BIOS is unable to do that, there's no way around it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Wake-by-keyboard/td-p/5821727
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Gateway gt5676 that I recently migrated from Vista to 7.
With vista (Factory Loaded) the pc would wake from sleep with the key board or the mouse, since re-formatting and installing 7 I now have to push the power button to wake. A minor problem, I agree, but I was used to the way it was!
I have gone through the power settings and read through some of the help on this form but cannot find any wake settings!
Thanks in advance for any help
Bret

A:Keyboard won't wake

hi there and welcome to the forums have you looked in devices and printers and checked the settings as is the pic power management ?

GO TO

control panel
devices and printers
right click keyboard
properties
hardware
properties
power management

How to Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Up Computer brinks excellent tutorial Devices - Allow or Prevent to Wake Up Computer[2]=Power%20Management

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130651-keyboard-wont-wake.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,
Could someone please help me with this strange issue?
When my machine was waked up from standby I found my wireless network was not connected. And I also found that wireless adapter was missing from my network connections window.
After I did a reboot of my laptop, wireless adpater was back in network connections.But wireless network was not connected and I found that Power management tab was missing under device manager tab of wireless adapter. I understood that this is in someway related to S3 issue, but not sure how to get my network back.
Kindly help me in resolving this issue.
Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless adapter issue after laptop wake up from Standby

Quote: Originally Posted by Nandhini

Hi,
Could someone please help me with this strange issue?
When my machine was waked up from standby I found my wireless network was not connected. And I also found that wireless adapter was missing from my network connections window.
After I did a reboot of my laptop, wireless adpater was back in network connections.But wireless network was not connected and I found that Power management tab was missing under device manager tab of wireless adapter. I understood that this is in someway related to S3 issue, but not sure how to get my network back.
Kindly help me in resolving this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Are you connecting to the network via a router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94734-wireless-adapter-issue-after-laptop-wake-up-standby.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I get this message: The devise driver for the pc/at enchanced ps/2 keyboard (101/102-key) devise is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If problem persists you may need to update this driver.
I have tried to update it and it says it is already updated. However it still will not go to standby mode.
I have contacted HP many times and they are of no help!

Relevancy 74.39%

I just upgraded the APU and motherboard of my HTPC and i had to format I used to be able to wake it using keyboards but now it isn't working anymore In the device manager the option quot allow this device to wake computer from sleep quot is enabled In power management USB selective suspend is turned off My motherboard is MSI a from keyboard or WOL sleep can't using wake m-e In BIOS advanced settings in the quot wake up event setup quot options there is an option called quot wake up event by quot It is currently set to quot OS quot The second option is quot BIOS quot which unlocks the following options quot wake up from S with USB device quot quot wake up from S S S by PS keyboard quot Wether i enable or disable these options the computer still won't wake from can't wake from sleep using keyboard or WOL sleep using any USB devices It is also impossible to can't wake from sleep using keyboard or WOL wake the computer sending a magic packet with the correct MAC address I used to be able to do that before the recent hardware change I use Windows installed on a SSD All drivers latest version

A:can't wake from sleep using keyboard or WOL

Also did you check the USB root hub in device manager right click it select power management Tab and uncheck this " Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power ". I found sometimes in Power management settings doesn't always work.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55799-cant-wake-sleep-using-keyboard-wol.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Without going into the lengthy details suffice it to anomaly Keyboard Non-wake say that this morning after doing a test for SuperAntiSpyware I found that I could not wake the computer using the keyboard I normally use the mouse but as I had removed the wireless mouse dongle in testing I Keyboard Non-wake anomaly could not use it so tried the keyboard to no avail A quick press on the computer's power switch woke it up and replacing the dongle re-energized the mouse I then went into Device Manager which lists two HID Keyboard Devices although I have only one keyboard One on-line article says that this is not unusual for Windows to list more than one In Device Manager I determined that both entries show that they are set to allow them to wake the machine powercfg -devicequery wake armed also indicates that both are properly set Why other than that my computer is just trying to be unfair can I not wake the Keyboard Non-wake anomaly computer with a keyboard that supposedly is set to allow it to do that I forgot to mention that the keyboard is USB not wireless

A:Keyboard Non-wake anomaly

Check in your BIOS and see if there is a wake setting involving the keyboard. Some BIOSes have a "Wake on Keyboard" parameter, or you can select a key to wake the PC up, such as the space bar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/375539-keyboard-non-wake-anomaly.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,

I have a problem: Computer logs off and goes "sleeping", but when I log in, keyboard is blocked - until I restart the computer. Mouse is working. What to do? Keyboard is PS/2.

A:Keyboard freezes after wake-up

Check your keyboard power management settings in Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/170756-keyboard-freezes-after-wake-up.html
Relevancy 74.39%

In the bios, when S1 is enabled and I put the computer to sleep, the fans stay on and case lights stay at highest brightness. When S3 is enabled instead, the computer goes to sleep fine, but the keyboard and mouse don't work, forcing a hard reboot to get them working again. Some setting I'm missing or something that will get the computer to sleep and awaken without issue?

Relevancy 74.39%

When waking system up from sleep state with knocking USB keyboard key - sometimes (pretty frequently) the system wakes up but the keyboard is deadlike - cannot type logon password, cannot ALT-CTRL-DEL, nothing.

That never happens when waking the system up with power button.

Any idea what is wrong???

A:USB Keyboard sometimes dead after wake-up

hello and welcome to the forums i had the same problem(Keyboard not resuming pc from sleep) and i solved mine by changing the the usb settings in power settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/114278-usb-keyboard-sometimes-dead-after-wake-up.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello members,

I was wondering how to wake my laptop from sleep using my Bluetooth Logitech K810 keyboard.
Currently, through Device Manager, I do have "Allow this device to wake computer" checked through Power Management for both the keyboard itself and HID Keyboard Device.

What's odd is that I also have my Logitech MX Performance connected via 2.4Ghz and I have the "Allow this device to wake computer" unchecked, but only my mouse wakes my laptop from sleep.

So overall, I disabled my mouse from waking up my laptop and I have enabled my keyboard to wake my laptop from sleep. But the opposite occurs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

A:How do I Wake PC from Sleep using Keyboard

You wouldn't be able to have the Bluetooth keyboard wake the system because Windows needs to be running in order for the keyboard to work. Windows is what makes the connection using Bluetooth. So, if it is in Sleep, it wouldn't be able to wake it. The mouse has its own connection to the mouse without the need of software so it is like it is physically connected and therefor it would be able to wake it.

I hope this makes sense

-Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302128-how-do-i-wake-pc-sleep-using-keyboard.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Dear Windows experts we are now fighting with a TOSHIBA laptop that has its power button broken The up help keyboard by in configuring Please wake idea is to always send the computer to sleep instead of shutting it down then use the keyboard in order to wake up the laptop This option is present in the BIOS and we have already activated it Reading different forums I have seen that it is necessary to enable wake up by keyboard in windows as well Though the problem is that we are missing the famous quot Power Management quot tab in the properties of both the keyboard and the mouse in Device Manager After an extended google research we have come to the magic way to do this via the command prompt - with the help of the following mighty command powercfg -deviceenablewake quot Standardtastatur PS quot But it doesn't work we are getting an error that we have not enough permissions The computer has Windows in German so I will just write the exact error message I am not sure how it exactly translates in English but it is a Please help in configuring wake up by keyboard permission issue Sie haben keine Berechtigung zum Aktivieren oder Deaktivieren der Reaktivierung eines Ger ts aus dem Ruhezustand it's like you don't have the permission to activate or deactivate waking up of a device from sleeping mode Of course we started cmd exe by right-clicking it and selecting quot Run as Administrator quot I also went in Windows Explorer to C Windows System did a right click on cmd exe and selected quot Run as Administrator quot but we are still getting that permission issue and we are not able to get the appropriate authorization level in order to execute that command successfully PLEASE help us somehow we are now afraid to turn off the PC because it doesn't start afterwards it was only possible to start it after days and days clicking the power button Many many thanks in advance

A:Please help in configuring wake up by keyboard

Darkman please let me know what model Toshiba it is - I might be able to help. I need the model and the PART NO see my pic.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344107-please-help-configuring-wake-up-keyboard.html
Relevancy 74.39%

In recent weeks whenever my laptop goes into sleep mode, the keyboard doesn't work at all after I "wake up" the computer. It also happens sometimes when I change users (w/o logging off)

I tried to restore to a date before this started, but no change (unless I'm wrong about the date). I re-installed the keyboard drivers, but that didn't work either.

Any more ideas?

A:Keyboard doesn't Wake up.

Are you using the latest drivers for your keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-doesnt-wake-up.924985/
Relevancy 74.39%

Installed new usb keyboard, shows as HID Keyboard Device in device manager, but there is no power management tab. How do I allow the keyboard to wake the computer?

Thanks for any help!

A:Allow USB keyboard to wake computer?

Originally Posted by JZM

Installed new usb keyboard, shows as HID Keyboard Device in device manager, but there is no power management tab. How do I allow the keyboard to wake the computer?

Thanks for any help!

Control Panel>Keyboard>Hardware tab>Properties dialog box>Change Settings dialog>Power Management tab>check 'allow this device to wake the computer'>click OK.

Devices - Allow or Prevent to Wake Up Computer - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27714-allow-usb-keyboard-wake-computer.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have my computer set to go into standby if left alone for 10 minutes. Sometimes, the keyboard will not work at all after it wakes up.

The keyboard works to wake the system up, but after that, nothing. no num, caps, scroll lock lights. It doesn't work to enter my password. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn't work. It's dead.

So I try pulling the keyboard out and plugging it back in. The lights flash once, then it's dead again.

The only fix I've found is a system restart. (using my mouse of course)

It is a PS/2 keyboard. This is rather unrelated, but I have a Bluetooth mouse connected via usb bluetooth dongle that is not effected after wake up.

Relevancy 73.96%

About 1/2 the time, my usb keyboard is inactive after returning from standby or hibernate. The PC is 1.5 yr old, eMachine, running XP SP3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-keyboard-not-active-after-standby-410212.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Logitech G keyboard with a built in up wake keyboard lcd screen wont lcd screen that works fine when I start my computer but it will not wake up coming out of sleep mode It displays the logitech logo but will not do keyboard lcd screen wont wake up anything else If I unplug the usb cable it will reset and work fine I spent two weeks going around and around with logitech tech support and the best they could do was give me a discount on a refurbished keyboard I ve updated and back dated drivers as I was getting bsod keyboard lcd screen wont wake up s traced to an old keyboard driver and everything works ok but it keyboard lcd screen wont wake up would be nice if I could get the clock to work Any suggestions Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA GM-US H Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:keyboard lcd screen wont wake up

I'd suspect a driver glitch, likely related to the other driver issues you were having. The only solution for such issues is typically a fresh OS install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-lcd-screen-wont-wake-up.1102097/
Relevancy 73.53%

Fresh Win7 install on new SSD following SATA OS drive failure.
Logitech wireless keyboard (K800) and mouse (M310) plugged in to case (not hub)
drivers updated
no issues on previous W7 installation
Machine does not wake on keyboard or mouse. If I plug an old wired USB mouse in the machine wakes, but will accept no input from wireless keyboard or mouse.
I've toggled all the windows settings I can find that allow the devices to wake up the machine. Mobo BIOS is set to wake S3 with USB.
There are many threads on the topic and I have read many of them - including the tutorial.

A:wireless USB keyboard fails to wake

Roger if you used the Windows driver feature (not a fan) it isn't that goodand I always get drivers from the manufacturer where possible and I think thisis the one for the keyboard that you want

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/support/wireless-illuminated-keyboard-k800?osid=14&bit=64

This is the one for the mouse http://www.logitech.com/en-au/support/wireless-mouse-m310?crid=398&osid=14&bit=64
Try and let us know how it goes if it doesn't do the trick then maybe you might have to reset the BIOS to a default one - I am not sure on that though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/323723-wireless-usb-keyboard-fails-wake.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey all I ve just installed a sexy new GB SSD in my machine as the main drive and as a result and/or wake PC Keyboard sleep?? won't my mouse from had to reinstall Windows After getting everything set up I put the PC to sleep for the first time and when I went to wake it a while later by hitting the space bar something that s Keyboard and/or mouse won't wake my PC from sleep?? always worked in the past with everything the same except Keyboard and/or mouse won't wake my PC from sleep?? the new HD nothing happened I tried a few other keys with the same result along with the mouse So I went into the device manager and checked things allow this device to wake the computer is enabled for both the keyboard and mouse but when I check the usb root hubs they ve all got the option greyed out I checked in the UEFI BIOS and I can t find any option to change it there and like I mentioned the only difference is the new HD the BIOS settings weren t touched and I m about ready to lose my mind If it helps I m running an ASUS Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard Help Please nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I have an R14 convertible. I would like to have the backlit keyboard on by default and not have to press Fn + F10 every time the computer comes out of sleep or hibernate because it's often too dark in the room to find these keys, which defeats the purpose of having a backlit keyboard. Most computers' keyboards have the backlit on by default including your newer R15. There must be a registry setting for this that can be toggled on or off at wake-up. Thanks.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Backlit-keyboard-default-to-on-at-wake-up/td-p/447601
Relevancy 73.53%

I forgot where the setting is to allow the system to wake up upon hitting any key or moving the mouse. I looked under bios but don't see anywhere that I can change the setting to do this. I used to be able to get out of hibernation just by moving the mouse and keyboard. Can someone refresh my memory? Thanks

Relevancy 73.53%

OK I've searched high and low and seen lots and lots of posts for this computer can different) one wake Mouse not and (this Keyboard is issue but none of them have the same issue I seem to be having and none of the resolutions that have worked for others have helped me resolve this I have two Zotac ZBox CI Nano PCs both running Windows HP both with the same problem when I try to wake up the machine display I get quot HDMI NO SIGNAL quot Integrated graphics is Intel HD Graphics Monitor is connected via HDMI Everything is fine until the system goes to sleep at which point it will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard In Device Manager if I view by connection and open the properties for the Generic USB Hub that the HID Keyboard Device and HID-compliant mouse are connected to in the Power Management tab the quot Allow this Mouse and Keyboard can not wake computer (this one is different) device to wake the computer quot check box is grayed out I should note that I enabled the built-in Administrator account and am logged in using that account for everything In a command shell POWERCFG -a returns The following sleep states are available on this system Standby S Hibernate Hybrid Sleep The following sleep states are not available on this system Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state POWERCFG -LASTWAKE returns Wake History Count - POWERCFG -DEVICEQUERY wake programmable returns Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC POWERCFG -DEVICEQUERY wake from S supported returns Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Intel R Atom TM Celeron R Pentium R Processor EHCI USB - F UMBus Enumerator Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Intel R USB Root Hub Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Of the above list only the Realtek NIC and Intel Wireless NIC have the quot Allow this device to wake quot checkbox enabled If I could actually get the Intel USB Root Hub to quot Allow this device to wake quot I could plug the keyboard and mouse into the USB ports - but when I try POWERCFG -DEVICEENABLEWAKE quot Intel R USB Root Hub quot it returns You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake I found the registry settings for the quot Generic USB Hub quot to which the keyboard and mouse are attached On my system they are at HKLM SYSTEM ControlSet Enum USB VID amp PID E amp amp amp There's a REG DWORD named Capabilities with a value of x Can I edit this to give it the ability to wake the system If so what's the appropriate value I don't see anything else in the registry that looks helpful but I did see an article for Windows that said to create a DWORD value quot EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled quot with a value of in the Device Parameters subkey Tried that - it did nothing I've also seen it suggested to edit values within the quot Properties quot subkey but I can't open that subkey or change its permissions or even take ownership - and it doesn't show up in the reg file when I export ---------------------------------------------------------- BIOS on these machines is extremely basic The only power settings are Enable ACPI auto configuration Disabled Enable Hibernation Disabled - system drive is an SSD ACPI Sleep State S Suspend to RAM Lock Legacy Resources Disabled Deep Sleep S support Disabled I've tried changing most of the above settings but nothing seemed to change I've been working on this for four solid days with a lot of lost sleep I'm very frustrated and would greatly appreciate some help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4dabf311-df2a-4440-b760-6f6f66d99e26/mouse-and-keyboard-can-not-wake-computer-this-one-is-different?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 73.53%

I have an R14 convertible. I would like to have the backlit keyboard on by default and not have to press Fn + F10 every time the computer comes out of sleep or hibernate because it's often too dark in the room to find these keys, which defeats the purpose of having a backlit keyboard. Most computers' keyboards have the backlit on by default including your newer R15. There must be a registry setting for this. It's okay if it goes off after a number of seconds of non-use, and then press any key, but I would like it to be on at wake-up or logon by default. Thanks.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Backlit-keyboard-default-to-on-at-wake-up/td-p/447603
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I need help waking my laptop with my in-built touch pad and keyboard. To do so I need to enable a setting on my Touch Pad and Keyboard driver/device properties, which should be located underneath the 'Power Management' tab. However, there is no such tab. I have also tried to use the 'powercfg -deviceenablewake' command, with Admin rights, to no avail. Please help me! This is causing major headaches when I my laptop goes to sleep!
Note: I have recently installed Windows 10, as my old HDD 'failed', installed/updated all my drivers, disabled hibernation mode and am using all in-built components (ie: no USB keyboard/mouse).

A:Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

You won't find driver properties there.

Right click start and select device manager, then go to your KB and Mouse items, right click and select properties, but I've looked at mine for my laptop, and there is no power management tab there.

Are you sure it may not be asking you to check a BIOS setting for power management to allow KB/mse to wake it?

By default KB /mse should wake it with no further action.

List your laptop make, model, screenshot of device manager with what's listed for KB and mse.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46960-wake-sleep-touch-pad-keyboard.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I already posted this in the newsgroup section but felt I may get more joy in here so I reposted as my original thread falls down the ranks so sorry about wake Can't to vista being able keyboard stop double posting the thread but hopefully I can get Can't stop keyboard being able to wake vista a response on the forum section Anyway here goes My problem is Can't stop keyboard being able to wake vista that I can't stop my Keyboard from waking Vista from sleep I've gone through Device Manager and onto the power management tab for the keyboard and have unticked quot Allow this device to Can't stop keyboard being able to wake vista wake computer quot but it makes no difference the keyboard still wakes the pc I've checked the bios and there's no option to stop the keyboard waking the machine there After unticking the box to stop the keyboard waking vista I ran quot powercfg -devicequery wake programmable quot and the keyboard is still shown in the list of devices that can wake the computer The keyboard I'm using is an EX Logitech I'd really appreciate any help on this Thanks

A:Can't stop keyboard being able to wake vista

I would love to help but I don't really understand the problem. How can your KB wakes Vista unless you touch a key? if it does it all on its own, how can the KB knows that vista is already sleep?

See what I mean? I am probably not understanding this very well.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206369-cant-stop-keyboard-being-able-wake-vista.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello, I have received some brand new Elitebook 840 G3 and they refuse to be woken up from sleep by pressing a key on the keyboard - you have to press the power button. Having raised this with HP support they have said the hardward doesn't support this feature.This does seem a bit ridiculous considering we have far cheaper and older laptops which can do this. Does anyone know how to enable this or if this will be included in a BIOS update?We have tried every power management option in the BIOS we can find (there is no option for wake on keyboard) and there are no editable options in the power management tab in device management. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Elitebook-840-G3-Wake-from-Sleep-via-Keyboard/td-p/5738755
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I've been having these problems ever since I upgraded to and honestly they have me stumped The first problem Keyboard and monitor issues standby is that whenever Keyboard and monitor standby issues I leave my desk I lock my computer to prevent unauthorized access However sometimes when I come back and try to log in the machine won't take my password and won't unlock The only way I can get back into the computer at this point is to bring up the virtual keyboard by clicking the accessibility button in the bottom corner and typing my password in that way The keyboard only seems to act up when the computer is locked and I never had this issue when I locked the machine with Windows XP It seems kind of like the keyboard is typing the incorrect keys only at the log on screen and works fine everywhere else My other issue also pertains to when the computer is locked When my computer is not locked and I leave it alone for a few minutes the monitors turn black and then turn off automatically by going into standby power save mode However when I lock the computer and leave it alone after that the screen only turns black but the monitors still stay on forever displaying a black screen I would like the monitors to enter standby mode even when the computer is locked like it did in Windows XP These two issues have me completely stumped Any ideas

A:Keyboard and monitor standby issues

Any help would be great.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59103-keyboard-monitor-standby-issues.html
Relevancy 73.1%

For no apparent reason, my keyboard has made both my desktop and laptop go into standby when its plugged in. My keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse. I havn't done anything to my keyboard to make this happen and theres no standby button on it. I had googled but had no luck. Anyone know how to stop this? I don't want to buy a new keyboard seeing as this cost me around £30 and dont too much money to buy a new one.
There are no drivers available on the manufacturers site as it is a standard plug and play USB keyboard.

A:Keyboard making computers go into standby

Saitek keyboards do occasionally screw up. A new one is the only answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-making-computers-go-into-standby.92004/
Relevancy 73.1%

Can someone tell me how to fix this?!

http://fp.geocities.com/rh71el2/temp/error1.jpg

How does one go about reinstalling keyboard drivers?! When I attempt it thru device manager, it gives me this:

http://fp.geocities.com/rh71el2/temp/error2.jpg

Should I go thru with it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2k-standby-keyboard-preventing-it.29980/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a problem with my Medion 6100 laptop.
Since installing XP SP2, if I try to enter standby I get
the message that the EnE Keyboard KB-3886 driver is
preventing the system from entering standby.

The keyboard does not have a standby or hibernate button;
I normally enter standby by going through the Win Xp Start -
Shutdown - standby option on screen. Wake up is by
pushing the power button.

I have tried unsuccessfully to find an update for this
driver.

Would anyone know whether SP2 alters the original driver -
if so can I safely "roll back driver" and will this fix
work?

Or would it be that the original driver is still
installed but does not work with SP2...in which case I
definitely need an updated driver....?

A:XP SP2 causes standby malfunction from keyboard driver

SP2 doesn't alter drivers at all. It's possible your keyboard drivers are no more compatible. You must report to the Medion support team.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp2-causes-standby-malfunction-from-keyboard-driver.269306/
Relevancy 73.1%

When my computer has sat idle for a while, I keep getting an error message as follows:

"The device driver for the 'HP PS2 Keyboard (2K - 3)' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may have to update this driver."

I have not been able to find an update for the driver on HP's site. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

A:Problem with HP PS2 keyboard driver and standby

BTT- Anyone??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-hp-ps2-keyboard-driver-and-standby.794572/
Relevancy 73.1%

After using the standby option in Media Center, upon resuming Windows my mouse and keyboard freeze and I have to reboot in order to log back into Windows. I am using a Belkin wireless mouse and keyboard bundle with the receiver plugged into the mouse/keyboard serial ports on the PC (ie. not USB). Also, upon restarting Windows, it reports that the active desktop has been lost and cannot be restored. Any suggestions on how to resolve these issues would be very helpful. Cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-not-responding-after-standby.691690/
Relevancy 73.1%

I use standby on my XP running machine. Problem is since I got the logitech wireless keyboard+mouse, the system comes on by hitting either.
I tried to disable the feature with the mouse properties, but to no avail.

Thing is, the mouse gets knocked regularly while at the desk.

Previously I had a usb mouse with ps/2 keyboard - is that the problem, as they now both connect via a single usb port..?

Thanks

A:Leaving standby - mouse v's keyboard

I would think that moving the mouse whether it is USB, wireless or PS/2 or the keyboard would bring the computer out of anything like stand-by or other.

If you are worried about the mouse getting knocked around while in stand-by I would worry that it might get knocked off the desk and hit the floor thus breaking. Why not put the mouse in the desk drawer so it will not move or get knocked around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/leaving-standby-mouse-vs-keyboard.556000/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all hope everyone is well I wonder if anybody can help Until recently when I had my Logitach wireless keyboard and mouse plugged in via PS connection my XP Pro box went into standby perfectly Worked like a charm However recently I had cause to plug in the mouse and keyboard via the USB port for some bizarre reason that I haven t figured I could not get them to work together in the PS ports anymore - but and Standby keyboard Issue mouse) (USB are fine in Standby Issue (USB keyboard and mouse) a USB port though - odd and now XP goes into standby fine BUT all the PCs fans are still purring away as is I think is the HD It seems that since I am now on quot USB wake up quot the PC thinks that it needs to stay powered up The point of standby for me is to kill the noise Standby Issue (USB keyboard and mouse) and the poswer consumption Has anybody seen this before and have any ideas how to remedy Is this how it s supposed to work - does USB need the power to regognise a wake up call from the keyboard mouse Thanks a lot Steve nbsp

A:Standby Issue (USB keyboard and mouse)

if your fans and HDD are still running, then your PC is not going into stand-by fine.

since they first introduced it, stand-by mode has been known to cause stability issues and system "screw-ups", such as the problem you are having right now. I won't use stand-by mode for this reason

my advice would be:
1. plug your input devices back into the PS2 ports you had them in before
2. run system restore to a date prior to the problem
3. don't use stand-by anymore

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby-issue-usb-keyboard-and-mouse.454070/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a compac presario with xp media sp2. When I go to standby and return by hitting any key the keyboard locks and I cannot enter any data via keyboard. The only way to solve the problem is to reboot. Does anyone how to stop this from happening?

A:keyboard fails after returning from standby

Looks to be a windows issue, such as missing/corrupted .dll or driver. Moving to windows...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-fails-after-returning-from-standby-89303.html
Relevancy 72.67%

It used to work without an issue then it stopped. Not sure if the issue is due to an update from Windows or from another hardware. Basically when the computer goes to sleep the keyboard and mouse is supposed to wake the computer up (I set it up that way), but nowadays I have to manually click the power button for the compute to wake up. Furthermore, the USB with the wifi, bluetooth, etc...won't work either so I have to restart the computer.

This is a fairly new build (less than 6 months) and now I'm having issues with the simple features.

A:Keyboard/Mouse won't wake up Windows 7 when sleeping

Maybe something got changed in your power options,

Power Plan Settings - Change

After clicking the area in the red box, check your various settings,

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/292636-keyboard-mouse-wont-wake-up-windows-7-when-sleeping.html
Relevancy 72.67%

On my Vista computer, my wireless keyboard/mouse wakes the computer.

But on my Windows 7 computer, it doesn't.

Is there some setting somewhere?

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all nbsp I - usa... Keyboard/Mouse Thinkpad with Doesn't 13 wake recently got a Thinkpad and am Thinkpad 13 - Doesn't wake with Keyboard/Mouse usa... noticing that with how I like my Balanced power profile setup I have to use the power button to wake the laptop from Thinkpad 13 - Doesn't wake with Keyboard/Mouse usa... sleep nbsp I have the machine set to do nothing nbsp on lid close for the Balanced profile with the intention that when I'm done with it I put it to sleep manually nbsp But it's not being as intuitive to wake as previous laptops I've had A quick google search reveals that for the laptop to wake on opening it has to be set to sleep on closing which is fine but I'm finding I can't wake it by touching the mouse pad or using the keyboard either which I find unusual nbsp I know it's not much more effort to just hit the power button to wake but it's a pet peeve Does anyone know if there's a setting somewhere to change this nbsp Thanks nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thinkpad-13-Doesn-t-wake-with-Keyboard-Mouse-usage/td-p/3465321
Relevancy 72.67%

In device manager I changed the settings for wake on keyboard and mouse (diasabled them). Occasionally I can still wake with KB/M and then I look and see the box has become unchecked. Any ideas why? Doesn't happen often but it is annoying when it does.

A:Wake on keyboard and mouse not staying disabled, why?

Welcome

Maybe you can get some ideas from this excellent tutorial.

Works with both Vista and Windows 7

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums[11]=Power Management

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/67405-wake-keyboard-mouse-not-staying-disabled-why.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello nbsp I'm the owner of computer Keyboard sleep wake from up doesn't an EliteBook p running under Windows Professional bits Edition nbsp I started the installation from scratch with a driver-empty Windows I've downloaded the drivers separately on the HP Support Website nbsp Everything is running fine but when I put my computer Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep to sleep normal stand-by Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep mode I am unable to wake it up from the keyboard keys or trackpad buttons The only way I can wake it up is by pressing the Power Button Then it wakes up normally and I go back to the Windows login screen nbsp Is it possible to wake up this computer by pressing a key instead of the power button I don't want to press it too often For example on my old Acer Aspire pressing a key wakes up the computer instantly Also I have no Allow this device to wake up computer option in my Device Manager I can't find this option in the BIOS neither Can you wake your HP Notebook computer by pressing the keyboard Is there a way to do that on EliteBooks nbsp Thanks and sorry for my mistakes English is not my mother language

A:Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep

If you have an external display, it will stop the computer from waking. Disconnect display port cable and try again.Also, check your drivers so that Power Mgmt. allows mouse or keyboard to wake system. I have found these issues effect my HP 8460P as well as HP 2540P. Also, make sure that the BIOS allows USB to wake system.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-doesn-t-wake-up-computer-from-sleep/td-p/1742779
Relevancy 72.67%

hey all,

i have a wireless keyboard and mouse (combo) plugged into my netbook (acer aspire one 522) and can't get the netbook to wake from sleep mode with either of them when the lid is closed (i always keep it closed other than this for this workaround).

i had set the power options to 'do nothing' when the lid is closed (only for when it's plugged in), and when i try to wake from sleep, the power and WLAN lights on the netbook flash whenever i move the mouse or press keys but nothing else. i have to open the lid, then press a key to wake from sleep, then i close the lid again.

i checked Power Management settings for both keyboard and mouse and they both have the check box ticked for 'Allow this device to wake the computer'.

i'm using Windows 8 Professional 64 bit.

any ideas?

thanks!

A:Can't wake netbook with wireless keyboard/mouse

Hello Matt26,

This issue of a wireless keyboard/mouse combo not being able to wake a computer seems to pop up frequently. However, there is not a clear-cut path to a fix as every situation is unique so I would suggest we start off as follows:

First off, when you say

i have to open the lid, then press a key to wake from sleep

are you referring to the built in keyboard or the wireless keyboard?

In any event, please open an elevated command prompt, type/enter "powercfg -a", and provide a screenshot of the results as shown below:

BTW, you opening post was well written and clearly explains your issue. It would also be great if you had a wired mouse and/or keyboard to do alternative testing as well. If so, please test and report those results.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30989-cant-wake-netbook-wireless-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My mosue and computer won't wake the computer from sleep mode. I have them plugged into a usb port in the back of my computer. Yet, when the computer goes to sleep it turns off the ports. I have switched the mouse and keyboard in device manager to allow them to wake the computer. So, is there a way to make it so that when my computer goes to sleep it does not turn off the usb port that my mouse and keyboard are plugged into?

Relevancy 72.67%

I want to disable the "allow this device to wake the computer" to prevent the accidental pressing of the keyboard waking up the PC. This option doesn't exist though, like it does with the USB mouse. Is there a way around this?

thanks

A:ps/2 keyboard - no power management to disable wake up

Does the PS/2 keyboard not show up in device manager at all? If not you might be able to set that in your BIOS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/21411-ps-2-keyboard-no-power-management-disable-wake-up.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently started having the following problem. After a period of inactivity, I return to my PC and find the following message in a pop-up box "The device driver for the 'Standard 101/102-Keyboard or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard' device is preventing the machine from entering Standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update the driver". At this point, I've also lost my mouse pointer (although it seems to still be active, just invisible), so I usually have to reboot my PC using the On/Off button to recover. Does anyone have any suggestions, or troubleshooting steps I could follow to try and fix this problem. I did see a suggestion somewhere that Adobe Type Manager could be a culprit (which I did have installed), but I removed it, rebooted and still have the problem. Thanks

A:Entering Standby problems because of Keyboard driver?

1) Test in safe mode
2) use msconfig to diagnostic the issue, by selecting selective startup and unchecking all the check boxes.
3) Post results

If it works in safe mode , then go to step 2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/entering-standby-problems-because-of-keyboard-driver.206383/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey there I have been having quite a few issues Before I decided to purchase a Logitech MX Keyboard/Mouse Since Install Not Working Standby Desktop set I Standby Not Working Since Keyboard/Mouse Install used to love the feature of Windows XP Standby Not Working Since Keyboard/Mouse Install where you could place the computer into standby so that boot-up would only take a few seconds That was really useful but it s now not working Before I installed the MX set it used to work fine but now when I place the machine into standby instead of switching off completely and just having the small power light flashing like it did before when I hit standby the computer tower stays on the lights stay on the fans still spin but the monitor goes off I have come to the conclusion that the Logitech set has interfered with the standby function of Windows XP But even after uninstalling the keyboard software completely it still doesnt work The full power-off on standby used to work with this keyboard and mouse that was until the software was installed Any ideas thanks so much -Nukenukes nbsp

A:Standby Not Working Since Keyboard/Mouse Install

have you gone into the power settings control panel and re-enabled standby?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standby-not-working-since-keyboard-mouse-install.43933/
Relevancy 72.24%

I always get this error show when I am trying to get into Standby mode or hibernation.
Dell Latitude D630
XP Professional SP2

Someone in other forums have discussed this symptom. They said it may be related to Adobe Type or called Adobe Font software. However I just have Adobe reader with some Chinese, Japanese font installed. I don't find the SMS virtual keyboard in either software or device manager.
I just installed "lateset" ACPI driver, seems no luck. Well I do have 4GB memory but this seems not the same issue as mentioned by Microsoft weeks before (hibernation disabled for the performance reason). I can choose hibernation function. It shows about 3.5GB in system.

Anyway, I do see some suggestions on web, but nobody says it helps. Let's fix this issue here OK?
Thanks for your help and attention.
I am from China Shanghai.

A:System Standby Failed... 'SMS Virtual Keyboard'

the error is:
Device driver for SMS keyboard is preventing machine from going into standby

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-standby-failed-sms-virtual-keyboard.768406/
Relevancy 72.24%

When my WinXPPro SP machine is in sleep standby suspend mode S or S the fax modem wakes the machine some of the time but not all of the time I want it to wake the PC every time with reliability When the PC is up and running the modem and the machine receive faxes beautifully What do you suggest Modem Conexant D PCI V Modem with recent driver update to version but this problem is the on from reliably standby Ring modem Wake problem to PC - Fax fails wake same now as before with the driver version Wake on Ring problem - Fax modem fails to wake PC reliably from standby PC Dell Optiplex Processor Intel Core Duo E MHz RAM GB of which GB is usually free BIOS A OS WinXPPro SP with all updates AV Avast Home Free Anti-spyware SpywareBlaster Free Spybot S amp Wake on Ring problem - Fax modem fails to wake PC reliably from standby D Free and AdAware Anniversary Free Fax software MS Fax Console that comes with WinXPPro SP Printer Fax Printer HP OfficeJet Pro Wake on Ring problem - Fax modem fails to wake PC reliably from standby Wireless AIO model A g Screensaver XP logo after minutes do NOT show welcome screen on resume Power Settings Home Office Desk Turn Off Monitor after mins Turn Off Hard Disks Never System Standby after mins System Hibernates Never Do NOT prompt for password when computer resumes from standby Home network Ethernet connection Intel R DM- Gigabit Network Connection card with all Wake on LAN settings ON Browser Firefox latest but use IE occasionally when necessary Email MS Outlook Express to POP SMTP email service Misc I also run LogMeInFree version on all my home computers Thanks

A:Wake on Ring problem - Fax modem fails to wake PC reliably from standby

I may not be able to help, but I am curious - is this a dedicated telephone line?

If not, what services do you use, like call forward, messaging, call waiting, etc.

Or does the dedicated line have anything like that that you know of? (or didn't know of)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wake-on-ring-problem-fax-modem-fails-to-wake-pc-reliably-from-standby-419574.html
Relevancy 72.24%

When my WinXPPro SP machine is in sleep standby suspend mode S or S the fax modem wakes the machine some of the time but not all of the time I want it to wake the PC every time with reliability When the PC is up and running the modem and the machine receive faxes beautifully What do you suggest Modem Conexant D PCI V Modem with recent driver update to version but this problem make problem to reliably wake from modem Ring reliable? Fax - how standby fails 100% Wake on PC to - is the same now as before with the driver version PC Dell Optiplex Processor Intel Core Duo E MHz RAM GB of which GB is usually free BIOS A OS WinXPPro SP with all updates AV Avast Home Free Anti-spyware SpywareBlaster Free Spybot S amp D Free and AdAware Anniversary Free Fax software MS Fax Console that comes with WinXPPro SP Printer Fax Printer HP OfficeJet Pro Wireless AIO model A g Screensaver XP logo after minutes do NOT show welcome screen on resume Power Settings Home Office Desk Turn Off Monitor after mins Turn Off Hard Disks Never System Standby after mins System Hibernates Never Do NOT prompt for password when computer resumes from standby Home network Ethernet connection Intel reg DM- Gigabit Network Connection card with all Wake on LAN settings ON Browser Firefox latest but use IE occasionally when necessary Email MS Outlook Express to POP SMTP email service Misc I also run LogMeInFree version on all my home computers Thanks

A:Wake on Ring problem - Fax modem fails to wake PC reliably from standby - how to make 100% reliable?

Please see more details (and post your reply) at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...hl=wake+on+ring(By the way, I'm up to BIOS A16 but does not help.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262166/wake-on-ring-problem-fax-modem-fails-to-wake-pc-reliably-from-standby-how-to-make-100-reliable/
Relevancy 71.81%

This is SO frustrating I've had this problem for about a year now Basically when I put my computer to sleep it wont wake up unless I press the power button Jiggling the mouse or pressing ANY button on the keyboard does nothing I have already done significant research on this so here are the things I've already tried Checking the quot Allow this device to wake the computer quot and unchecking quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot In device manager I've done this for every USB option it would allow as well as for the mouse keyboard and every HID device it would allow There is no option in my BIOS for allowing disallowing the keyboard to wake the computer or any other device for that matter Hibernate is disabled and hybrid sleep is not possible on my system Going into my power options through control panel selecting change plan settings on my current plan then changing advanced settings and setting quot USB selective suspend setting quot to disable Plugging my mouse into different USB ports on both the front and back Updating all the drivers Uninstalling and re-installing all the drivers Scanned and removed all malware Trying all of these over and over again Can anyone please help me I understand it's a hard problem since there are so many solutions but any suggestions are greatly appreciated I have a Logitec M wireless mouse Thank you

A:Mouse and keyboard no longer wake computer from sleep

Have you replaced the batteries in the mouse?. If you have a wired mouse try that & see if it works. If it does you may have a wireless interference problem from another device that is causing problems with the M505.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336260-mouse-keyboard-no-longer-wake-computer-sleep.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have two Zotac ZBox CI Nano PCs both running Windows HP both with the same problem Integrated graphics is Intel HD Graphics Monitor is connected via HDMI Everything is fine until the system goes to sleep or the display times out Then when I try to wake up the machine display I get quot HDMI to because keyboard/Mouse sleep allowed not from wake Unable to USB NO SIGNAL quot Using VNC from my iMac everything works but the screen attached to the Unable to wake from sleep because USB keyboard/Mouse not allowed to PC is still black Not sure if the VNC Mirror driver isn't invoking the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle here Bonus points to anyone who GETS that In Device Manager if I go to HID Keyboard Device or HID-compliant mouse there's no Power Management tab If I go to the Generic USB Hub that they're connected to there IS a Power Management tab but quot Allow this device to wake the computer quot is grayed out In an elevated command shell running as administrator powercfg -lastwake returns Wake History Count - POWERCFG -DEVICEQUERY wake programmable returns Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC POWERCFG -DEVICEENABLEWAKE quot HID-compliant mouse quot returns You do not have permission to enable or disable device wake POWERCFG -a returns The following sleep states are available on this system Standby S Hibernate Hybrid Sleep The following sleep states are not available on this system Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state The only sleep settings I can find in BIOS are Enable ACPI auto configuration disabled Enable Hibernation Enabled ACPI Sleep State S Suspend to RAM Lock Legacy Resources Disabled Deep Sleep S support Disabled I've tried changing most of the above settings but nothing seemed to change I haven't tried hibernating and don't really want to use it since these machines have SSDs I've been working on this for three solid days with a lot of lost sleep Very frustrated If you can think of something I haven't tried please let me know

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/391269-unable-wake-sleep-because-usb-keyboard-mouse-not-allowed.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Something has recently changed and I can no longer wake up my Win7 Ultimate PC from Sleep state using mouse movement or "Sleep" button on multimedia keyboard. I have to push the power button on the PC itself. This worked fine up until a few days ago. I did not make any changes to the power settings. I checked and the settings appear to be what they always have been.

Suggestions are welcome!

A:Keyboard/Mouse wake up from Sleep no longer works

Check in the BIOS that the wakeup functions are still enabled for the mouse/keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/84606-keyboard-mouse-wake-up-sleep-no-longer-works.html
Relevancy 71.81%

A newly-built Win system operated normally including wake from sleep by keyboard and mouse or Win 7 sy Won't By Wake MouseA Sleep newly-built From Win 7 Keyboard until a second Win 7 Won't Wake From Sleep By Keyboard or MouseA newly-built Win 7 sy USB Anker hub was connected The first Anker hub worked normally The system keyboard and wireless mouse are plugged into the first Anker USB hub After connecting the second identical Anker hub the system turned off after time-out no blinking green power light instead of entering Sleep Win 7 Won't Wake From Sleep By Keyboard or MouseA newly-built Win 7 sy and could be started only by the Power button causing Win to offer the black screen Start Normally which it always did Disconnecting the second Anker USB hub corrected this problem This series of events repeats it is a hard failure I then connected the same second Anker USB hub while the system was running and Win reported that quot iusb mon has stopped working quot The second Anker hub was unplugged and the system rebooted Task Manager reports iusb mon task is running Clearly the second Anker hub is preventing entry into normal Sleep mode But after all this neither the keyboard nor the mouse will wake the computer from Sleep the Power button does wake the system quot devicequery wake armed quot reports both the HID-compliant mouse and the MS keyboard are set to wake the system though neither does I know of no reason one cannot have two identical USB hubs connected concurrently Yet the second Anker hub has surely introduced some problems perhaps it is defective though it does function with a thumb drive plugged into it for test I've cold booted numerous times and changed the sleep wait period with no change in how the system wakes Suggestions

A:Win 7 Won't Wake From Sleep By Keyboard or MouseA newly-built Win 7 sy

Is this a powered hub? It may be taxing your PSU or unable to produce power required on its own.

Try System Restore to before this all was done to see if you get the sleep timeouts restored. Are you using Hibernate? I set sleep to 30 and Hibernate to 60 on all of my installs as users love the convenience of being able to walk away without worrying about saving their work, for an hour or a week.

General troubleshooting steps are here for Sleep Mode Problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331129-win-7-wont-wake-sleep-keyboard-mousea-newly-built-win-7-sy.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Dell Optiplex with WinXPPro SP GB RAM and an Intel Core Duo E and it is unreliable for Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring I also wonder whether my Standby - Sleep - Suspend S or S is working correctly When the PC is in Standby - Sleep - Suspend mode S or S Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring work Ring, on with Wake Sleep LAN Wake on Trouble Suspend Standby - - and some of the time but not all of the time and I'd like them to be reliable These may be two different problems but your advice Trouble with Wake on Ring, Wake on LAN and Standby - Sleep - Suspend will be appreciated Also if I should post in a different forum please advise My Network Card is an Intel DM- Gigabit Network Connection and I recently upgraded its drivers using quot generic quot PROXP exe from the Intel website although this has not helped the problem The specific driver file e e sys is now from -- it used to be from But as I say Wake on LAN from Standby was not and is still not reliable both before and after the driver update In Settings Network Connections Local Area Connections Properties Configure Power Management all the Wake on LAN options are checked ON - Wake on Directed Packet - Wake on Magic Packet - Wake on Magic Packet from Power Off State - Wake on Link The NIC card's Diagnostic checks are all OK My fax modem card is a Conexant D PCI V Modem and I have the most recent drivers dated version In Settings Phone and Modem Options Modems Properties quot Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby quot is checked ON The MS fax service is configured to answer on zero or one rings And I have the same problems regardless of my Screensaver or Power Management settings The PC is NOT set to go into Hibernate ever I have experimented with various settings for Standby Monitor Off and Hard Disk Drive off but the problem stays the same regardless and also appears if I put the PC into Standby manually My Dell BIOS version is A the latest for this PC I have a choice of S or S for Standby but the problems are the same regardless which one I choose What to do If it's a BIOS problem how can I fix Another post suggested I stop using ACPI for Power Management and let Windows run Power Management However there is no choice in Settings or the BIOS to do that at least none that I have found More symptoms On this PC I also have LogMeInFree version Just recently the problems with Wake on LAN and Wake on Ring seemed to go away but I noticed that the PC was no longer really going to sleep during Standby When this Dell is in Standby its power light should blink I saw that the light would start blinking but then go solid again and although the monitor stayed dark the PC certainly quot felt quot awake So I checked some of the log files in LogMeInFree and saw indications that LogMeInFree was reaching out for power every few seconds over and over So all this past weekend I exited out of LogMeInFree saw the PC go into GOOD standby blinking power light but my Wake on Ring problem came back I think the LogMeInFree problem is separate and had the perverse result of hiding my Wake on Ring and Wake on LAN problems which return when LogMeInFree is off but thought I'd let you know Thanks for your thoughts

A:Trouble with Wake on Ring, Wake on LAN and Standby - Sleep - Suspend

More to above: Dell has suggested I must re-install Windows. I've never done that, and I realize I'd probably lose all my applications and data - no good. Seems to me that's like using an atomic bomb to kill a mosquito. And why should I assume that will work?

But is there a way to re-install -- or maybe fix -- Windows that leaves everything else safe?

FYI - About a month or so ago, I ran SFC (System File Checker) in repair mode, and that didn't help with this problem.

Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-with-wake-on-ring-wake-on-lan-and-standby-sleep-suspend-432401.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Is it possible to exit Standby Mode on Windows Xp with a Wireless Mouse or Keyboard? I use a Wireless Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse set, I would like to be able to resume for Standby mode without hitting to power button on the computer.

A:Exiting Standby Mode using wireless Keyboard/Mouse?

Mine does, but I haven't the foggiest reason why or how!!! Microsoft PS 2 Wireless Keyboard and mouse!! (perhaps because mine is PS2 ???)

A possibility!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exiting-standby-mode-using-wireless-keyboard-mouse.414205/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Guys I have just purchased an Dell Inspiron in overall I really like my new laptop tablet but A couple of things are bugging me nbsp I would love it if someone who also owns this laptop could confirm Dell 3147 sleep keyboard. 2in1. Inspiron from Wake with a few things for me Can you wake your laptop from sleep by hitting any key on the keyboard not only by pressing the power button nbsp Every laptop that I have ever used can wake via keyboard although my new laptop cannot nbsp It seems strange that Dell Inspiron 3147 2in1. Wake from sleep with keyboard. a new laptop would not have this feature Is anyone else having ghost touches on their touch screen that closes programs deletes stuff and causes chaos nbsp I have found that this issue starts after closing the laptop then re-opening it nbsp If you sleep the computer then wake it this fixes the problem nbsp nbsp Also I m having problems with the USB ports on the left side of the laptop nbsp Some devices get recognized and some don t nbsp My IPhone goes nuts when plugged into the one USB port it constantly turns on and off every half a second nbsp All devices work in the one nbsp USB port on the right side Anyways any input would be greatly appreciated Cheers Ben

A:Dell Inspiron 3147 2in1. Wake from sleep with keyboard.

Hi Ben,
I would suggest you to update the BIOS and Video card driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and Video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.
http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, please follow the steps mentioned below to recalibrate the system to check if it fixes the issue.
Press Windows key on the keyboard and start typing Calibrate.
Then tap or click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input to open PC Settings.
Check that the monitor shown in the Display field matches the screen you want to calibrate.
Tap or click Calibrate, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19658671
Relevancy 71.38%

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
Asus M2V Mobo

2/3 of the time when I return to my computer and move the keyboard/mouse to wake up, Vista will resume to the login screen but both my mouse and keyboard will not work. Both devices will have no power and there is no way to wake them up besides restarting the computer! Has anybody else experienced this problem or know of a possible remedy? I would be grateful for any help. Thanks for reading!

Relevancy 71.38%

So I have an Inspiron R SE that has all the latest drivers with BIOS A Win Ultimate x nbsp I have all the power settings configured for correctly for sleep no hybernate however no matter what I try I usb lid from keyboard/mouse 17R sleep via Inspiron wake closed won't 7720 SE is when can t get the laptop to wake when the lid is closed via USB keyboard I m Inspiron 17R SE 7720 won't wake from sleep when lid is closed via usb keyboard/mouse using Logitech s Wave MK combo unifying receiver - both the keyboard mouse have the wake option enabled in their hardware settings nbsp I also have wake from USB enabled in the BIOS The Inspiron 17R SE 7720 won't wake from sleep when lid is closed via usb keyboard/mouse interesting thing is that if I put the computer to sleep Inspiron 17R SE 7720 won't wake from sleep when lid is closed via usb keyboard/mouse with the lid open I can make it sleep wake it from the Logitech devices nbsp With the lid closed I can only make it sleep - the only way to wake it up is to open the lid and press the power button Anyone know of a fix to this Cliffs Notes Lid Open CAN sleep wake from USB Keyboard Mouse Lid Closed Can ONLY sleep - won t wake unless I open Lid amp press power button

A:Inspiron 17R SE 7720 won't wake from sleep when lid is closed via usb keyboard/mouse

It appears that a new BIOS A13 was released on the 18th March, all it says in the "fixes" section is "maintain release". Will download it now and see if it has fixed the wake on USB issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19479193
Relevancy 69.23%

My e5570 has the following isse.
When I put it to sleep or when it go's to sleep and I turn it on again the screen stays black.If I have a screen it does not respond to the keyboard or touchpad. It does respons to my external mouse.
Do others have this issue?
This way I'm forced to shutdown the laptop every time...

A:E5570 - WIN10PRO - Wake up from sleep/hibernate = Black screen or no responding keyboard/touchpad

Same issue here....brand new, had it about a week.   I've tried several different power/hibernate settings without success.     Screen shuts off as expected, but it doesn't reawaken...laptop is on and running, screen stays dark.    Rebooting is only option.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675104
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have a brand new Inspiron that is having some issues First and foremost the keyboard is useless after the computer goes to sleep This just started a few days ago about 15 missing. Inspiron mode. is graphics keyboard sleep dedicated up new And my not will card wake after 7559 Brand a month after receiving it The screen comes back on after opening the lid and the touch pad works fine But no buttons on the keyboard produce any response The keyboard becomes backlit like normal but does not produce anything on the screen when I try to put in my password pin I can click on the Ease of Access button and get the on screen keyboard to appear This does work and allows me to input my Brand new Inspiron 15 7559 keyboard will not wake up after sleep mode. And my dedicated graphics card is missing. pin But that s no way for my laptop to run And a laptop without a keyboard is pretty useless Brand new Inspiron 15 7559 keyboard will not wake up after sleep mode. And my dedicated graphics card is missing. nbsp My second problem is that my computer no longer sees my Nvidia dedicated graphics card I only mention this here because I am not sure that the issues are unrelated I noticed a few days ago that the Nvidia Brand new Inspiron 15 7559 keyboard will not wake up after sleep mode. And my dedicated graphics card is missing. icon was not in my system tray I think that s what it s called like it normally is So I opened it manually and it told me that it could not find a driver for this computer That is odd because just the previous day I had been looking in the program and all was fine So I followed the link to get a driver I followed all the instructions on the Nvidia site and downloaded the driver for the card my computer came with But when installing it a window popped up saying that no hardware could be found on my computer for that driver Not sure why it doesn t see it nbsp Not sure why these issues would be related but they did start at roughly the same time Again this is a month old lap top and neither of these issues were there before a couple of days ago Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986944
Relevancy 64.07%

Windows Start - Settings - Ease of Access - Keyboard Everything here is off If i turn on instead soft&hard opening shortcuts Keyboard keyboard ) of letters ( typing the On-Screen Keyboard no keys are Highlighted indicating they are depressed stuck When I use the hard keyboard and sometimes even the onscreen keyboard its as if either Ctrl Alt Win or something are pressed down as it just types shortcuts EG -H- typed into chrome browser address bar via onscreen keyboard types as normal -H- typed into chrome browser address bar via hard keyboard brings up -Chrome history- But now also on the onscreen keyboard Ctrl is Highlighted I click on the onscreen keyboard to deactivate the now highlighted Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing letters ( soft&hard keyboard ) Ctrl button and try again Now things are different as now both the onscreen keyboard and the hard keyboard both bring up Chrome history- when -H- is typed Shift Keyboard opening shortcuts instead of typing letters ( soft&hard keyboard ) is not depressed This seems to randomly cycle one min onscreen keyboard works fine next the keyboard works fine or they either work or none of the work rendering the computer useless I cant help feel it s a software issue but im no pro and I don t have an additional external keyboard to try but as the onscreen and hard keyboard work ok for a while sometimes I assume something is up and that s what brought me here Hopefully this is clear enough to be understood and to help others who may have the same issue Thank you so much for your time OTHER NOTES In -Device Manger Keyboards- The keyboard driver is dated so tried to update the driver but says I have the best driver software for my device is already installed Noticed there are entries for the HID Keyboard Device both are the same driver version Maybe I should delete uninstall one Both under event tab dated Device migrated Device configured keyboard inf and Device started kbdhid It was prob around this date I first started having probs Pressing Ctrl on hard keyboard highlights Ctrl on onscreen keyboard only whilst being pressed Let go of the hard key the soft key turns off Sometimes the gets stuck and does but saying that I just restarted the machine and pressed the key -d- and it acted like a stuck as in not dddddddddddddddddddddddddddd Very odd Ive NOT tried the following System restore seems harsh Rolling back the keyboard driver not sure how on win Deleting the keyboard from System not sure how on win

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/keyboard-opening-shortcuts-instead-of-typing-letters-soft-and-hard-keyboard-1078970.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone,

I accidentally messed up my keyboard settings in Excel 2010--I didn't notice the book sitting on the keyboard while working on something else on my desk--and can't figure out how to restore all of them to defaults in a blanket action. I fixed them one-by-one, but I can't figure out how to fix one last problem: I keep having the keytips pop up when the '/' key (no ALT or CTRL) is pressed. It doesn't matter if the slash is in the QWERTY or the 10-key. The keytips still pop up.

Can someone help me figure out how to return the normal function?

Thanks,
Kurt

A:How do I restore keyboard settings in Excel? Book on keyboard = unknown changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-restore-keyboard-settings-in-excel-book-on-keyboard-unknown-changes.1044405/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,

I'm new here, and english isn't my mother tongue, then, please be indulgent ;-)

I have a problem with my numeric keyboard.
It is not possible to make it work in the same time as the alphabetic keyboard.

When I press numlock to make it work, it also change the alphabetic keyboard in numeric.

Example : numlock on uiojklnm, = 456123n0,

I have a QWERTZ keyboard.

Thanks for your help
cheers
Val

A:Satellite Pro P300 Numeric keyboard at same time as alphabetic keyboard?

What notebook model do you have?
Did you update the BIOS?

If not, try it? most issues can be solved by BIOS update!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?41932-Satellite-Pro-P300-Numeric-keyboard-at-same-time-as-alphabetic-keyboard
Relevancy 63.64%

After latest update, I can't login. Only buttons i, delete and enter work in login box.
Same behavior with on-screen keyboard.
Audio readback works for every key, and letters are in correct order, but in login box, only letter i advances login query. So hardware is OK.
Desktop HP Pavilion, Windows 10, USB-keyboard.
What should I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441351-keyboard-problem-only-i-outputs-also-screen-keyboard-login-impossible.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I prefer the Comfort On Screen Keyboard Pro and have installed it. After every sleep or reboot I have to manually disable the standard Touch Keyboard from  Toolbar entry on the Taskbar.

A:XPS 12 - anyone know how to permanently disable the standard On Screen Keyboard (a.k.a. Touch Keyboard).

Hi johnwprice,
Go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> ?Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard? and uncheck the ?Use On-Screen Keyboard" option and click Ok.
Then, click on ?Change administrative settings" options and check the "Apply all settings to the logon desktop" and press Apply.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19495683
Relevancy 63.64%

Got an inspiron 13 7000 series yesterday and the on screen keyboard will not work in tablet mode.  The selection for the screen keyboard goes away when I fold into tablet.  Anyone know how to make screen keyboard work in tablet mode?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981020
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I am running LenovoX260 with Windows 7, I additional installed the lenovo updatecenter. All drivers are updated according to lenovo7 update center. Symptom: Basically, when the machine boots on battery all keyboard strokes are delayed for roughly 5 seconds or an easy touch of touchpad or trackpoint -- whatever comes first. The machine has not a high load at this time and no keystroke is lost. It is just delayed strongly. To make it more complicate, this symptom disappears until next reboot when I lock the screen with win+l and reunlock the screen with my password. It also disappears when I plugin the powerplug, but it also reappears when I unplug it again on the login screen. Once I relogged/unlocked this effect does not reappear. Booting with power plugged in is fine. Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X260-Windows-7-keyboard-battery-mode-keyboard-input-delayed/td-p/3414170
Relevancy 63.64%

As I wrote in the title, my Shift and Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts. However, the Shift key still works when capitalizing letters.

I've been dealing with this problem off/on for the past two weeks and haven't been able to figure it out. I've gone into Ease of Access features and turned on/off all of the available options (Mouse Keys, Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys, Filter Keys). I've pressed Shift for 8 seconds, and pressed it 5 times, and still haven't been able to correct it.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Possibly helpful additional information:
I've got a Spanish/Latin American keyboard layout installed in addition to the US English keyboard layout. I toggle back and forth with Left Alt + Shift (which is how I noticed my Shift key stopped working).
I play a game whose controls rely on a lot of Shift key pressing and holding.

A:Keyboard - Shift & Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts

When was the last time you used a can of air cleaner on the keyboard? If it isn't from contact wear often keyboards tend to get loaded up with dust and debris!

One example of that is having any snacks onhand around a pc where little bits get passed along from your fingers onto and under the keys themselves. Keyboards are known to get loaded up fast with any foods present!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107137-keyboard-shift-alt-keys-stopped-working-keyboard-shortcuts.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Im having a problem in windows 8 embedded standard

On the Thin Client ( HP ) is a keyboard connected (HP UK-1156)
In device manager there is the HP Elite USB Keyboard but it is not working. (says no driver installed)

On other computers with the same keyboard it does work. Even installs a driver without a problem. (default keyboard driver)
So its not the keyboard..

A: how come its not getting its driver? 
B: anyone know where to get the driver for this keyboard?
C: any other solution to this problem? 

Please no standard answering as reboot the computer or uninstall device in device manager. this has been done.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/deb89ee2-9cd6-4e0e-ad04-207d1cdd597e/usb-keyboard-cannot-be-installed-hp-uk1156-as-hp-elite-usb-keyboard-in-device-manager?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 63.64%

hi all. i have a compag white internet keyboard, older model, and it works fine in bios and any other time, but when trying to hit F8 to enter the windows startup options it doesnt work. ive tried enabling usb legacy device support in bios but it didnt seem to help. this keyboard doesnt need drivers to work, so i dont think its that. and my old keyboard could do it. any ideas??

A:Usb Keyboard Can Not Enter Safe Mode (keyboard Wont Work)

Use a PS/2 keyboard instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-can-not-enter-safe-mode-keyboard-wont-work.22918/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi,
I'm having problems with my All-in-One Keyboard on Windows 8.1(64 bit): it doesn't accept input both from keyboard and touchpad at same time (can't walk in a FPS game while looking with mouse, for example).
Is this a product's limitation or should it work?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/083f7b45-ee31-4884-822b-46f92b822c20/microsoft-all-in-one-media-keyboard-keyboard-and-touchpad-both-at-once-not-working?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi 
I have recently purchased Inspiron 14" 5459 in India. This comes with a non-backlit keyboard.
Is there a way to get it upgraded to Backlit Keyboard? If yes, can this be done via Dell Support or I'll have to procure the OEM part on my own and replace?

Cheers,
Rahul

A:Inspiron 5459 Keyboard upgrade to Backlit Keyboard

Hey,
Have the same laptop and the same question in mind. Let me know if u find a solution to it.
Thanks mate!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678522