Windows Support Forum

Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

Q: Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

My dell 1905fp finally crashed after a lot of years. I'm not a gamer, but I was very happy with that monitor.

Of course they no longer make it, and I understand refurbished monitors of this type are not necessarily a good option.

I can't seem to find reviews or comparisons which point the way to other similar monitors. I'm retired and just can't afford the $600 and way up price of what I've seen so far.

I just need a basic monitor with VGA and DVI, but would like the screen performance to be decent, incl for watching movies etc.

Any recommendations, and where to get a reasonable price? Again, don't want a wide screen.

Thanks much!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

Nothing wrong with buying refurbs. They may have a few blemishes in the frame but nothing serious to keep them from functioning. I've bought a few myself and have had no issues with them. Although the monitors I bought were 20" widescreens that averaged $120 or less. For what you need/want, I wouldn't spend more than $150.

I know you said no widescreen, but movies do view better on widescreen.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-1905FP-Rotating-Landscape/dp/B00091R6KC - less than $100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reasonably-priced-19-or-20-monitor-not-wide-screen.201641/
Relevancy 81.84%

Just got a new monitor as above and although great resolution etc., everything takes on an oblong or extended horizontal view.

I guess this only what can be expected with these new monitors?

For example, in all my pictures etc. the object is obviously distorted (though only slightly).

I have a 150 cm Plasma Telly that has the same appearance so other than shrinking up the horizontal size of the monitor screen, this is just normal?

Relevancy 99.76%

HI;

I have 2 monitors on my Dell Studio XPS with a Radion 5700 series card. I'm doing more video editing now and I would like to add a 3rd monitor.

I'm finding out there are not that many Display Port monitors to choose from.

I know that the Apple monitors are DisplayPort and they are nice screens, but they are very $$$.

Can you suggest anything under $500 with a DisplayPort in the 23" to 27" size range?

Thanks Much

Jamie

A:Looking for suggestions on mid-priced 23" or more DisplayPort Monitor

These all have Display Port.

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Monitors, LCD Monitors, ASUS, Yes, 2ms-3ms, 1

I have the ASUS VE258Q 25" which is out of stock but is available at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VE258Q-25.../dp/B004ZMH65Q

Very nice monitor.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/202155-looking-suggestions-mid-priced-23-more-displayport-monitor.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Well the title says it all. I am looking to buy best possible monitor I can buy in under $175. Requirements are as follows:
-Wide format
-17" or more
-under $175
-OEM or Retail (no refurbished or open box)
-black (if possible)
-No speakers (but if you must...)
-and rest is covered under "best possible"

Let me know what you guys think...
Thanks for your help

A:Best 17" Wide LCD Monitor under $175

Yeah, I go at newegg and tiger too, but I was thinking more outside the box. Maybe some "hidden treasure" somewhere...
Why would you go with Hanns·G HB-191DPB 19" Widescreen? Just curious.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-17-wide-lcd-monitor-under-175.103247/
Relevancy 86.86%

A friend has bought a 19" acer widescreen monitor.He doesn't have the option in properties to set the correct native resolution.I told him to download the latest Nvidia drivers for his graphics card a FX5200 which he has done.I told him to install any drivers that came with the monitor which he has done but he still does not have the 1440x900 option.Can anyone please advise.

Relevancy 86%

I have a typical 19" LCD monitor and a nvidia GeForce4 MX4000 video card. I would like to upgrade to a 22" Wide Screen LCD. I noticed that the max pixels on my present card is 1280x1024. I think the new LCD is 1680x1950. I am using Windows 2000 pro and the motherboard is a 2.4 Ghz. Do I need to get a new video card to support the new monitor? I use the computer for general stuff, day to day, like word processing, excel, and net surfing, nothing exotic or fast.
Thanks

Relevancy 85.14%

guys i have here a fujitsu 15" monitor with part no. cp134800-01 i bought but i didn't noticed that the video cable was cut does anyone know or have a diagram for it's connections? thanks

A:fujitsu 15" wide screen LCD cable connections help`

You should be able to use a meter and figure it out, the cable inside should be color coded.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fujitsu-15-wide-screen-lcd-cable-connections-help.572337/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have an 'Icon' laptop which I baught in Tesco. Windows XP. I then purchaced a 19" LCD
Screen from LIDL. I wanted to watch my laptop on the large screen, but it does'nt show me what is on my laptop I have to drag the page to the screen. I tried it with an old computer and it worked perfectly that was because It replaced the monitor which is not possible with a laptop. can anybody help or can anybody tell me if it just doesnt work with a laptop.

Many thanks.

A:New 19"wide screen wont work with laptop

See if this helps:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3121_7-5021307-1.html
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-19-wide-screen-wont-work-with-laptop.643686/
Relevancy 84.28%

with this computer Internet works fine for a while then it stops working Get this error message when i got to diagnose I even bought a new router to fix this problem but it still occured I had static IP with the old router Service connection not establish xxx (HTTP)" a port set on Web is Wide up "World to bought a new router used DHCP still the same problem when the problem happened i turned off zone alarm and avg to see if it was causing the problem but it doesnt seem to be as the internet on this desktop dell pc still doesnt work On the reboot it always works- and when it stops working here on the desktop on the wireless connection it transmits to my windows xp laptop- it does work where on xxx is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web Service (HTTP)" the desktop it doesnt I never had this problem with my old router and windows xp this is happening since i got vista I cant see any pre-installed software from DELL that could be causing the problem Can someone please help When i google this error i get a lot of results but nothing so far to fix this problem it is quite annoying and i dont see what could be triggering the internet to stop working for some random reason Thanks in advance james

A:xxx is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web Service (HTTP)"

bump

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/228876-xxx-not-set-up-establish-connection-port-world-wide-web-service-http.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I bought three of these netbooks for my kids for christmas. They are using windows CE. I'm not a "techy" so I hope I post all important info....I've read through the manuals and followed all the steps. The computers all show that they are connected to my router, however, when I click on the IE is says "page cannot be displayed, no DNS server found" I've put in the wep key info, as well as the primary and secondary DNS numbers, the IP address and everything. As I said it shows connected, but it won't connect. I called our internet provider and they were at a loss. I've also tried connecting w/ an ethernet cable. It's like there is a switch or button or something that is preventing full internet exchange. Has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions? Thanx, Jessica

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/7-netbook-vcga-wide-screen-internet-connectivity-problems-445686.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Microsoft did such a good job on there betas, they tricked many of there consumers with the CP, and less on the RP, but it would only be fair if they offered the upgrade to RP.

A:Windows 8 Betas were "too wide spread"

They do. You can do the upgrade to RTM from RP.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9419-windows-8-betas-were-too-wide-spread.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I m in the process of searching for a new PC notebook I m in the market for a to inch display and I ve come across a couple laptops that mention having an quot extra-wide quot display or a quot -degree ultra-wide viewing angle quot and things to that effect I wanted to ask some questions about this Does this extra-wide display entail a better picture or resolution or something like that or is it just wider Will an extra-wide display like this make widescreen bars the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen when watching a movie more likely Will the wider display cause these bars to be bigger or appear more often on movies or games or anything else where they wouldn t have on a regular width display My computer will have a - inch display it will be p and will be Need notebook help "extra-wide" displays with PC Blu-ray enabled I m very concerned with getting the best picture possible so I d like to know if the extra-wide display will contribute to that but I m also heavily Need help with "extra-wide" PC notebook displays annoyed by widescreen bars at the top and bottom of my movies and whatnot so if the primary effect of the extra-wide display is simply a wider screen that will have more bars more often then I d like to know that Any help here is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need help with "extra-wide" PC notebook displays

It really depends as much on the graphics card as the screen itself, and there is no reliable way to know. You have to see it setup and play with the display settings.
However, If you select a true high end laptop should be fine. Others will make the images look stretched, but user quickly get used to it. One would think that 1080p would be a guarantee of good screen performance, but it is not.
If you are getting a computer that is in the upper third of its price and model range, you usually get the good screen combination in my experience... HP, Dell, Sony, and Lenovo anyway. You will have to avoid budget laptops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-extra-wide-pc-notebook-displays.137531/
Relevancy 82.56%

A couple weeks ago I was using fruity loops program and all of the sudden my screen went mode" Monitor screen blank save "power black and quot d-sub power save mode quot was all that was shown After a few restarts my PC would start normally but take me directly into bios where I disabled the power save mode but Monitor blank screen "power save mode" still went Monitor blank screen "power save mode" blank after a few hours of running normal I tried restarting as I had done the first time but noticed my screen stayed blank after multiple restarts Eventually my PC had brought me to the bios page as did before but when I would exit bios this time Windows XP no longer appeared and I was back to blank screen Now I can t even access bios and the screen stays blank but the fans and cd drive work and everything sounds normal on startup Here s what I ve tried but had no luck Reseated the memory and agp video card Removed CMOS for hours and put it back Thoroughly cleaned inside PC Switched power cables and tried monitor on a laptop and monitor works fine on laptop Pressed all key commands Inserted Windows XP cd and I can hear it running but no picture nbsp

A:Monitor blank screen "power save mode"

If you have more than one RAM stick try one at a time. Disconnect all drives, extra cards (sound etc.) leave just CPU/HS/fan, RAM and vid card. Try video card in another system. Replace power supply. I realized these last two are not always possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-blank-screen-power-save-mode.982790/
Relevancy 82.56%

Help - I'm running Windows 7 Home premium. About three weeks ago, when waking from a sleep mode, the monitor would make a slight popping sound, then would flash the monitor logo several times before the home screen appeared.

This problem is worsening -- and is now happening on startup too, i.e., the monitor will pop and flash its logo for several minutes before the computer is ready.

I have had trouble-shooting suggestions from HP that involved resetting the screen saver, resetting sleep mode, and doing a system restore -- none of those seemed to help my problem.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-screen-pops-and-flashes-during-startup-or-wake-up.967592/
Relevancy 82.56%

Machine HP Envy nr w AMD M XT I've been struggling for the past several related (literally monitor? screen to Black "phantom" - off) days with this getting odd behavior where Windows might install just fine or start a session OK but then at some point my laptop monitor just turns off Even seems to happen on start up before getting to Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? the lock screen Yesterday I went all out did factory image reset to Windows updated the Intel HD drivers went to Catalyst beta drivers as well Installed Win as an upgrade All seemed OK briefly then I got some screen flickering and it returned to normal except for the fact that it then thought I had two monitors I think at some point over the weekend while I was screwing around with this it I had my TV plugged in via HDMI and it showed up as monitor In any event I could move my Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? mouse over well past the bounds of my quot real quot monitor and there was definitely a phantom area out there Furthermore under 'Devices' on Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? the right hand bar it showed I had a second monitor To try and get rid of that I set my quot projector quot settings to duplicate the monitors rather than extend at which point it just turned off and wouldn't return revert Anyone else experience this Any idea of why it would think I have a phantom second monitor Seems awfully suspicious given how many issues I've had

A:Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor?

Ah hah! This is definitely the main problem I've been having now! Even with my Intel HD graphics disabled, upon reboot Windows think it finds a second monitor when there isn't one there. Not only that but it makes it the PRIMARY monitor so you can't see anything. You have to just key in your password / PIN, then it will bring you to the desktop.

The question is how the heck do I get rid of this thing permanently!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/11070-black-literally-off-screen-related-phantom-monitor.html
Relevancy 82.56%

So my computer has been working fine until yesterday I plugged in my iPod and a few seconds later my computer IRQL entering and by," monitor goes screen... save, power "stand Desktop into blue seemed to power down into stand by mode Whether my iPod had anything to do Desktop entering "stand by," monitor goes into power save, and IRQL blue screen... with this I m not sure I unplugged all my peripherals and rebooted XP gets to the login screen but then just goes into stand by mode and my monitor says its going Desktop entering "stand by," monitor goes into power save, and IRQL blue screen... into quot power save quot I can however boot into safe mode just fine Although when I boot into VGA mode I get a blue screen with the error quot IRQL not less Desktop entering "stand by," monitor goes into power save, and IRQL blue screen... or equal quot I ve searched for some info online and it seems to probably be a hardware problem either with the motherboard graphics card or power supply I m guessing I re-inserted the graphics card and RAM for good measure uninstalled graphics driver and cleaned out any dust in my case but no avail I d like to try and pin point the problem some how so I can get a better idea of what s wrong Any suggestions Thanks OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Vostro System Type X -based PC Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Date Dell Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot xpsp - quot Time Zone Pacific Standard Time Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

A:Desktop entering "stand by," monitor goes into power save, and IRQL blue screen...

I would go to Dells support site ( http://support.dell.com/ ) and using your service tag get the drivers for chipset and also video and install them both (in safe mode).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-entering-stand-by-monitor-goes-into-power-save-and-irql-blue-screen.886480/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey guys So I was enjoying a game of Starcraft when my anti-virus Nod goes off and says it needed a database update But since I was in a pretty resource demanding game I started lagging pretty bad as it tried to display the Nod message over my game After about seconds or so I blue screened Now I blue screen computer hangs Monitor" screen "Hardware at once is a blue moon computer hangs at "Hardware Monitor" screen pun intended so I didn t pay attention to what device or driver had crashed Since most of the time I BSOD I reboot just fine But this time I reboot I go through my usual splash logo screen then my usual Hardware Monitor screen which is just a quick system spec screen that lists CPU temp fan speeds etc and usually lasts a little over a seconds This time though it just stops at the hardware monitor and doesn t go to loading my OS I have let it sit for over an hour like this and it won t progress beyond Hardware Monitor I doubt it had anything to do with my anti-virus popping up about an update I have already tried the following things -Clearing my NVRAM -Reseting CMOS using reset jumper -Using my onboard video instead of my PCI-e card onboard ended up not working at all Maybe I should try flashing my BIOS to the latest version Specs Motherboard Biostar TA GXE OS Microsoft Windows XP SP Processor AMD Phenom II X Ghz RAM Gb Patriot Viper Low-Latency HD Samsung Gb GPU ATI PSU W OCZ StealthxStream Case Coolmaster Elite Keyboard Razer Tarantula Mouse Razer Deathadder Sound Razer Piranha nbsp

A:computer hangs at "Hardware Monitor" screen

Bumping due to inactivity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-hangs-at-hardware-monitor-screen.989657/
Relevancy 82.56%

first of all, the problem we are having is not with the monitor, as we have just checked it and it works fine on another computer, so, that being said, here is our problem.

when we turn the computer on it begins to boot up, goes into the Windows welcome screen, then the screen flicks off (even shows the orange light like the monitor is not working) and it displays the message "burn in mode". This message is in a blue box and the rest of the screen is black.

If we turn the computer off and try again, the exact same thing happens.

sorry, I am not technical, so this was the best way I could describe what was happening.

hope someone can help

A:"burn in mode" on black monitor screen

Some motherboards have a "burn in" option. What is really happening is that the fsb [front side bus] is being overclocked by 5-10%

Have you tried to enter the bios and set defaults?

Has this always happened or was some hardware / software added or removed?

Is this a custom build or is it a mfg computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burn-in-mode-on-black-monitor-screen.348453/
Relevancy 82.56%

I started successfully my Windows 7+SP1 with newest patches
and can work normally.

Then I turn off my TFT monitor (not the running computer).
Win7 continues to work (as hard disc LED indicator and remote control tools prove).

Later I try to turn on my monitor again.
But much to my surprise the screen stays dark.
Just a moving indicator tells me now "No input signal".

Whats worng?

On a WinXP and another WIndows 7 computer (all with the same monitor) everything works fine. The desktop is shown again after returning to on.
So the hardware is not damaged.
I always have to reboot again to re-show the Windows desktop.

As far as I can rememeber in the first time the Win7 in focus system works as well but then I must have changed some settings.

I am using a motherboard with a core-i5 and H67 chipset with built-in graphic processor. So I have no separate graphic card.

Peter

A:After monitor off + on: "No imput signal" + black screen

It is likely to be the power settings for your monitor:

Press Start:
Type in the 'Search Programs and Files' box "Power Options" (without the " ").

Select the Power Options link offered in the list.
Then, 'Change when the computer sleeps' and from the drop-down menu for your monitor choose 'Never'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/159056-after-monitor-off-no-imput-signal-black-screen.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I don't know if it's normal... if it is I've never paid attention to it but now that I'm aware of it it's bothering me. The point is that the image on my screen looks sqeezed on the sides of my screen (left and right). By example, if I put a square icon from my desktop near the left or the right side of the screen it'll look like a vertical rectangle... quite weird, isn't it? My screen is a bit old (a 4 years old DAYTEK 77A) but I never had problems with it. My machine, however, is brand new : It's a P4 Prescott 3.2 (Socket 775), memory of 1024 (2 512 (3200) in dual channel), a Chaintech 6600GT, WD SATA Hard drive (200Go) and a mobo Chaintech Zenith V915P. If anyone has any idea about what the problem is and/or how to solve it let me know!!!!!!

A:My monitor is "squeezing" the image on the side of my screen!

ggMalkavian said:

I don't know if it's normal... if it is I've never paid attention to it but now that I'm aware of it it's bothering me. The point is that the image on my screen looks sqeezed on the sides of my screen (left and right). By example, if I put a square icon from my desktop near the left or the right side of the screen it'll look like a vertical rectangle... quite weird, isn't it? My screen is a bit old (a 4 years old DAYTEK 77A) but I never had problems with it. My machine, however, is brand new : It's a P4 Prescott 3.2 (Socket 775), memory of 1024 (2 512 (3200) in dual channel), a Chaintech 6600GT, WD SATA Hard drive (200Go) and a mobo Chaintech Zenith V915P. If anyone has any idea about what the problem is and/or how to solve it let me know!!!!!!Click to expand...

Try another monitor. If it does the same thing then it could be your vid card. If not then you might as well get a new monitor since you have a new system

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-is-squeezing-the-image-on-the-side-of-my-screen.333282/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a HP vp17 monitor with a DVI input I tried to connect it to my Sharp flatscreen using a HMDI convertor cord. Connecting it was no problem but I'm not getting a signal from the monitor to the TV. When I went into the monitor menu it indicated that I could have a digtal or DVI default input.

Is the DVI port for input only? Is there a way I can get it to send the image to the TV?

Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi friends.

I am not on this forum unless I have a problem.
I have a year 2000 flat screen View Sonic monitor. When I boot my computer, the monitor will try to come on but quits in few seconds. It shows black screen. LED on monitor used to stay "Green" Vs yellow or nothing at present. do you think my video card might be bad in the computer or the fuse inside the monitor is blown or monitor is bad period?

Please help.
Thanks -----

A:Flat Screen Monitor will not turn "ON"

It sounds like your system is not booting. As a quick test of your monitor, connect it to the system you are using now. That will tell you if the monitor is working or not.
FWIW I had a viewsonic 22" monitor from around the same time; it stopped working about 6 months ago.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flat-screen-monitor-will-not-turn-on.518286/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 81.27%

After my last Windows update, this toolbar always comes up at the top of my screen when I boot. It occasionally seems to come up randomly during use as well. I can close it manually, but I cannot get it out of the startup. I've also looked in Add/Remove windows components, but could not find it specificly. I've ran msconfig and I could not find it in in there anywhere. I'd really like it of my machine completely.

Here's a screenshot.

A:MS "World Wide Web" Toolbar

HIJACK THIS:

download and copy hijackthis to its own folder, it makes backups so keeping seperate can be useful - run hijackthis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
http://209.133.47.200/~merijn/downloads.html

scan only DO NOT FIX ANYTHING post a log and await advise from one of the many experts in this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-world-wide-web-toolbar.241722/
Relevancy 81.27%

After my last Windows update, this toolbar always comes up at the top of my screen when I boot. It occasionally seems to come up randomly during use as well. I can close it manually, but I cannot get it out of the startup. I've also looked in Add/Remove windows components, but could not find it specificly. I've ran msconfig and I could not find it in in there anywhere. I'd really like it of my machine completely.

Here's a screenshot.

A:MS "World Wide Web" Toolbar

HIJACK THIS:

download and copy hijackthis to its own folder, it makes backups so keeping seperate can be useful - run hijackthis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
http://209.133.47.200/~merijn/downloads.html

scan only DO NOT FIX ANYTHING post a log and await advise from one of the many experts in this forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-world-wide-web-toolbar.241722/
Relevancy 81.27%

HI all
I intend to buy one of these monitors.

Foxcomp Perth :: Buy 24" inch BenQ G2400WD LCD, 4000:1, 2ms, D-Sub, Dvi, HDMI, HDCP, 1900x1200, Black : Foxcomp Technology Perth Western Australia

BenQ Global - Computing

Foxcomp Perth :: Buy 21.5" inch BenQ E2200HD Full HD Wide LCD - 2ms, Glossy Black, 1920x1080, 10, 000:1, HDMI : Foxcomp Technology Perth Western Australia

Both have resolution 1920x1080 and are full HD 16:9. I want to be able play games and watch movies and videos on a full screen. Are those ones good for gaming and what would games look like on it. Are all new games capable of supporting 16:9 resolution or am I better of with monitor that has resolution 1920x1200. (16:10)

Any comments and suggestion are welcome
Edit
I am not hard core gamer but I do like FPS....
Would I notice much difference in playing game on a monitor with 16:9 1920X1080 or 16:10 1920x1200

A:21.5" or 24" Full HD Wide LCD BenQ

I use an Acer 24", at 1440 x 900 (16:10) looks great, in any case most top quality games give you various resolution options to select what is best for you or the game.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/189572-21-5-24-full-hd-wide-lcd-benq.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, when I open some small utility programs in XP, the "window/box" is not wide enough. It doesn't happen to every program, only the ones where the "maximize/minimize" and "resize" buttons are disabled.

It's a nightmare..... can someone point me in the right direction please.

I've been trying to fix for a while with no luck, I've attached a screenshot, as it says a thousand words (although you can't read all of them :>)

thanks
johnpaulvaughan

A:program "windows" are not wide enough. HELP PLS

thanks for the reply, as well as text, my problem is that there are buttons that I can't reach... I'll skim around the registry and hope to find the 'window width' setting' it must be fixe instead of variable or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-windows-are-not-wide-enough-help-pls.876364/
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm trying to fix my brother's computer after he opened a trojan attached to an email The email was the one saying your credit card had been charged Mode screen detected" "Spyware and "Black Screen" Safe for airline tickets The computer is a Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP The first problem is that after normal login there is a blue screen with a yellow window in the window with the message quot Warning Spyware detected on your computer Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer quot There are no icons visible The only action I can perform is CTL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Windows Task Manager I told my brother to start in Safe Mode from which he scanned the computer using AVG Free Edition which was installed before the infection This did not fix the problem Starting Safe Mode I now get a black screen with Safe Mode "Black Screen" and "Spyware detected" screen Safe Mode in the corners and the operating system name at top The blue login screen then comes up with Administrator and my brothers account I click on Administrator and I get the same black screen as before with Safe Mode in the corners and the writing at top My brothers account does the same There are no icons or Start button visible Again the only program I can bring up is the Windows Task Manager Using that I managed to install and run SmitfraudFix which was given as a solution to quot Spyware detected quot screen After rebooting this did not fix the problem I also installed SpyHunter which found Zlob Trojan Rogue AntivirusXP plus some other spyware cookies and files These were removed from the computer Unfortunately this did not remove the Start Mode black screen and quot Spyware detected quot screens The only thing I can find to do next is a Windows XP repair using the Windows XP install CDROM However before I try that is there anything else you could recommend to get rid of these screens

A:Safe Mode "Black Screen" and "Spyware detected" screen

Anyone want to answer this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/safe-mode-black-screen-and-spyware-detected-screen-282897.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.84%

After connected my dell XPS 13 with Dell 34" ultra monitor via Kensington SD4000 universal docking station. Have video but no sound coming out from my ultra wide monitor. The only sound that I heard was from the XPS laptop. My Laptop's OS is window 10 and I tried to use Chrome and explorer Edge, none of the search engine is able to solve the problem. Moreover, I checked my all connective cables to/from the docking station and it seems fine to me. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19681975
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi everyone

My first post on these boards, I hope I can explain this well.

I'm not a genius with PCs, but I know my way around, so don't worry about getting technical.

Ok here goes:

My wife's PC is working fine, windows xp loads up, POST is good, everything is fine with the computer in that sense.

My Problem is this. Her monitor just went blank all of a sudden. Basically, the monitor is on, and the buttons to adjust the size/contrast/brightness/etc is viewable on the screen when I push them... but it remains blank like the screen saver "Blank". From boot up, to windows and everything in between.

Anyone ever have this problem? I was told it might be the Video Card...

Asus P4S533 1.8 ghz
ATI 8500DV

A:**"Blank" screen, but monitor is on**

I'd update the video drivers to the latest version and also the chipset drivers.
See if that helps... Also, what sort of PSU do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-but-monitor-is-on.72289/
Relevancy 79.98%

my computer became really slow suddenly has monitor signal" screen "no so i reseted it after the windows XP loading screen is done and monitor screen has "no signal" you think it ll go into windows when they ask you for your user account and monitor screen has "no signal" password the screen go s black then my monitor gives me a quot no signal message monitor screen has "no signal" quot i decided reformat because it seemed every time i d reboot it the no signal screen was happening faster and faster so i reformated everything was working i installed my anti virus set up my ehternet and audio drives activated windows but once i tried to install my video card halfway threw the installation the monitor flashed or times then it went back to quot no signal quot and i find myself in the same hole again really not sure what to do at this point i dont know enough about the bios menu to try to fix it from there im thinking about buying a new computer because even when the computer is turning on it seems to be about x slower then it used to be and thats even after i formated the harddrive i cant even acess safe mode computer seems to freeze almost instantly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-screen-has-no-signal.937363/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi.

I accidentally pulled the plug out of my computer when it was in the middle of shutting down. Now that I've tried to reboot it, I get a screen saying:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

Whenever I click on any of the options above, I always ends up back at the same screen, suggest the above options again. I've tried rebooting I again a few times but nothing works?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Relevancy 79.12%

So got windows 8 Dev installed so far so good, I thought I would like the left screen bump to go to last app or program used feature till I installed some games and tried to play them suddenly my left side of my screen is no good if needing to scroll to the side say in a game like Starcraft II, Civilization, ect. Anyone know how to disable it?

A:Disabling the left screen "Bump" or "quick switch"

I want to know how to activate it, sometimes my quick switch is unavailable

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/2520-disabling-left-screen-bump-quick-switch.html
Relevancy 77.83%

These are in Firefox. I'd like to turn off all of these dumbo messages. If you know how, please let me know how too.

Thanks,
Burt

A:How do I turn off "Share Location," "Allow Full screen,"

Follow this guide from Mozilla support: https://Permissions Manager - Give certain websites the ability to store passwords, set cookies and more | support.mozilla.org
You can set individual web sites or you can do like I did and follow the second part of the guide and set for "all sites". You'll see the settings to ask or block either request to the right.

For further exploration try typing about:about into the address bar, be careful using the resulting page, all the links are mozilla/firefox related; Some of the links are benign, and others can get you into trouble.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/374450-how-do-i-turn-off-share-location-allow-full-screen.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys.
Can you pleas explain me what does Hardware Acceleration means and why is that when it is turned on, it causes a green screen on the video (with audio working).
It happened to me once in YouTube, where I had to go in to settings and unpick the "Enable Hardware Acceleration", then it worked!
And 2nd time similar thing happened in Cyberlink PowerDirector 10, when I imported .mp4 and flv video files and it showed me green screen with audio. After unpicking "Enable Hardware Decoding " it was fixed.
My Sony VAIO has:
CPU - Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz
RAM - 4GB
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6500M/5600/5700
Does this mean that I have a problem with my hardware, or maybe I need to set up something??? to ba able to use Hardware Acceleration. As I understand I should be able to use it!!??

Thank you
Have a nice day

A:Enabled "Hardware Acceleration" causes "green screen"

I don't know what the problem is but the only time I had this issue is when I installed a VM and get black screen on youtube so I had to enable that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/218469-enabled-hardware-acceleration-causes-green-screen.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Yall So I have successfully I think installed my new Radeon R quot low profile quot graphics card on my Dell Optiplex nbsp I plugged it in the motherboard started up the computer then went to Device Manager to update the drivers--which I did nbsp Side note Ever since plugging the graphics card into the motherboard some tasks like starting programs or starting windows take - X as long as they used to nbsp Anyhow it then asked for a restart which I did nbsp The computer still took extra long to start any program and when I plugged the monitor into the graphics card all I got was a black screen nbsp Take two nbsp I then read that I should have uninstalled my current graphics driver Intel integrated HD graphics before I installed my new graphics card but failing this I could uninstall my old graphics card and change card. the graphics screen Dell card 9020. Black into on the I R7 when 250 Just plug Radeon Optiplex Help! "installed" my monitor the default graphics card in the bios nbsp I uninstalled the old card and went to the bios but could not change the default can t remember exactly what it called it graphics controller or something nbsp I could see that intel HD graphics was still the default this is after uninstalling intel HD graphics and Just "installed" Radeon R7 250 graphics card on my Dell Optiplex 9020. Black screen when I plug the monitor into the card. Help! then restarting but could find no way to change this nbsp Supposedly dell will make the switcheroo on its own but it doesn t seem to have nbsp Take three nbsp Next I physically removed the graphics card restarted the computer then physically inserted the graphics card again then started the computer again no I did not insert the card while the computer was on nbsp I m not sure what else to try nbsp The computer still starts programs exceedingly slowly and still gives me a black screen when I try to plug the monitor into the graphics card--which the computer recognizes as existing in the Device Manager nbsp What is more the Intel HD graphics card that I uninstalled appears to have reinstalled itself as it is now visible again in the Device Manager plus it has the little control program accessible from the quot hidden icons quot popup menu off of the toolbar in the lower right-hand corner nbsp I can t help but think that if I could get the bios to prefer the radeon card I d be set--but I don t see an option for this nbsp Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996940
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I am using an Acer 22" widescreen monitor, (x223w) and since I have it I have been getting the "input not supported" error message while booting.
I never took the time to look it up, but today I did. I found lots and lots of solutions, but none fixed it.

What I did learn, is that many people have trouble with this monitor, and get the same error. And in a lot of the cases, it had something to do with the maximum resolution supported by the video card, and the resolution set on the monitor.

I have looked up the maximum res. of my VC, (Nvidia Geforce 8500GT) and it was 2048x1536. So why would the resolution of 1680x1050 bother it?

My OS is Windows XP

Does anyone have a solution for this?

A:"input not supported" in boot acer 22" ws monitor

Hi

its not what the video card can output, its what the monitor can handle

If you try to get the monitor to run at a higher rate than it can handle, it wont work and goes blank. this is why XP gives you the 15 seconds to agree to the change....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/input-not-supported-in-boot-acer-22-ws-monitor.127646/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have read several threads with similar problems and it seems that the "blue screen" of old Windows crashes has been replaced with the "black screen of death". Anyway, I'm trying to get an older HP running. I get the Windows splash screen then the above described "black screen". I get this in "safe mode", also. I'm starting to lean towards the hard drive and will start trying to find out what brand it is and go to their web site and see if they have a utility program to check it. If anyone has any suggestions, they will be appreciated...

It's running Windows XP Home with 128mg of ram; just a basic box, nothing special...Thanks in advance, dm

A:Has the "black screen" replaced the "blue screen"?

greetings
do you have the xp disk available?
[128 meg ram for xp is a little light]
post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/has-the-black-screen-replaced-the-blue-screen-60871.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello All I just received a brand new computer a few days ago from CyberPower PC I've attached the specs below That being said I noticed a problem when I was quot in a game quot and within an hr the fan revved up and the computer shut down to black screen monitor read quot no input quot Thinking this was a one-off I tried again and the same symptoms persist - after playing for some time the screen goes blank no error messages the fan rev's up and requires a hard reboot As an FYI I paid Cyberpower to OC this computer for me No error message whatsoever Next during one of the quot Computer New Fan "Ramps "Black - Up" - Screen" hard reboots quot a message popped up before windows that said the setting were unstable and that I had to reduce my clock speed down - so I clicked accept there New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" were no other options to potentially ignore this message Here are the steps I've taken to date Upgrade the MOBO GPU drivers Plugged the system directly into the outlet to ensure adequate power as opposed to power bar Ensured RAM and GPU was seated properly Ran MEMTEST - no issues Ran Prime - gt Torture Test - gt Blend - Causes a quot FATAL ERROR New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" quot every time as per below quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than quot quot Hardware failure detected - consult stress txt file quot Torture Test Completed Tests in hrs minutes - error warnings quot Each quot worker quot in this test I'm assuming for each core had a different result as per below Worker - no error Worker - Rounding was expected less than Worker - Rounding was expected less than Worker - Rounding was expected less than My CPU spec's are as follows CPU Intel Core i - K GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CD X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R -RW CD-R RW Drive BLACK COLOR CAS Cooler Master HAF Mid-Tower Gaming Case w Adjustable HDD Cage Black Color FREEBIE MB FREE N Dual Band Wireless Bluetooth Expansion Card FAN Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Enhanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA Dual Standard MM Fans Push-Pull HDD TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III Gb s RPM HDD Single Drive HDD GB SAMSUNG Series SATA-III Gb s SSD - MB s Read amp MB s Write Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MOTHERBOARD CrossFireX SLI GIGABYTE GA-Z X-D New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" H Intel Z Chipset DDR ATX Mainboard w IRST Lucid Virtu MVP Ultra Durable Classic HD Audio GbLAN x Gen PCIe x x PCIe x amp PCI All Venom OC Certified MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Patriot Viper Intel Extreme Masters Edition NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network OVERCLOCK Extreme OC Extreme Overclock or more OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Edition POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CMPSU- TXV Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO TUNING Intel Core i - K Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel VIDEO AMD Radeon HD GB X PCIe Video Card Major Brand Powered by AMD FYI - I've run Speedfan during the crashes in Prime and during gaming and no temperatures seem off the highest the CPU got was Celsius The system is under warrranty - but this isn't the ideal scenario for me as the shipping to fix it will cost me approx Andrew

A:New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up"

Seems like a thermal shutdown to me. When CPU/GPU overheats, the system either reduces their clock in order to cool them down or does a hard shutdown to protect the hardware. You said you OCed your hardware. Make sure that your are running the CPU/GPU at stock clocks and not overcloking them and also make sure the cooling system is working properly (ie, the fans) and air is flowing good. Thanks for reading.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286036-new-computer-black-screen-fan-ramps-up.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone All my experience is with XP but my partners windows laptop has this problem and I am stuck it is a Dell laptop latitude E about G ram no external devices fitted Laptop starts to boot I log in quot welcome quot screen comes up but never finishes processing Harddrive light keeps on pumping endlessly I tried to boot in quot safe mode quot and it stops at exactly the same spot I tried to run System restore I can pick a restore point OK and it loads it but then gets stuck on finishing restore similar to the welcome screen thing - it just keeps on processing Start work "sfc stuck get screen /scannow" "welcome" on cant to up repair both from harddrive or dvd both say it cant find anything wrong Ran the command prompt Sfc scannow it runs beginning verification phase of system scan it gets to Verification then displays the line windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Any ideas of where I can go from here all Ideas welcomed greatfully - she might expire without her laptop

A:stuck on "welcome" screen cant get "sfc /scannow" to work

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at this Microsoft article: How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

When the system file checker runs it creates a log file, which should help you pinpoint which file couldn't be repaired.

However, if you can't get into Windows you might want to check this tutorial: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Did your partner create a set of Dell recovery discs or does she have a Windows 7 DVD?

If all else fails, you may have to re-install Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231909-stuck-welcome-screen-cant-get-sfc-scannow-work.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.82%

I just purchased a new PC for the first time in years. For many years I have been running my Dell Trinitron 17" CRT at a resolution of 800 x 600. The reason for this resolution was because I need the text to be a little bit bigger. Anything higher than that and everything is just too small for me.

Now.. my new PC comes with a 20" (widescreen) LCD monitor. It's obviously a little bit bigger than my Dell. What do you think would be a good resolution setting to work with that will enable the text to be a little bit bigger just as I had when I set my older monitor to 800 X 600.

Evidently most people have much better vision than me because almost no one I know goes with an 800 x 600 setting even if they do have an older monitor.

Any input on this would be very much appreciated.

Thank You

DAVID

A:Monitor "resolution" suggestions for new 20" (widescreen).

Generally when you use the newer monitors the program will suggest the appropriate resolutions. I think we all use various resolutions dependent upon what we use the computer for. Videos require a higher resolution than other things. Go into your control panel and find your settings and determine what you want and can best use and or see. The higher the resolution the smaller the pixels and the smaller the resolution, (i.e., 800 x 600), the larger the pixels. In today's technology with the online graphics medium resolutions would probably be your best bet.
Check out the options for resolutions and determine your likes.

ps: congrats on your new buy. Hope you enjoy it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-resolution-suggestions-for-new-20-widescreen.925260/
Relevancy 74.82%

This morning I was playing a game called League on "Input monitor Solved: 22" AOC a not supported" of Legend I Solved: "Input not supported" on a AOC 22" monitor had to reinstall the game due to some weird update Solved: "Input not supported" on a AOC 22" monitor that kept crashing the game After installing the game I changed the resolution of the game to x since Solved: "Input not supported" on a AOC 22" monitor it was set back to default not on the resolution numbers but it was x and above Once I clicked ok my monitor displayed quot Input not supported quot So I decided to reinstall the game since there was no other way to fix it Upon uninstalling the game my desktop itself displayed quot Input not supported quot I thought the video card crashed or something so I restarted my computer hoping to fix it As soon as the Window loading screen finished my monitor displayed quot Input not supported quot again but I heard the sound when it loads the User Select screen I don t know how to go about fixing this problem Any suggestion Specs from memory quot AOC wide screen monitor Windows Vista bit GeForce SE something something gb ram Resolution was set to x It s been like that for nearly a year and I never got this problem nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am running Windows bit Apparently I scanned my system using full system scan AVAST and left my computer on thinking it would take screen or wait" off turn [SOLVED] "Configuring windows. not on Do "Please Stuck your for many hours When I came back my computer automatically shutdown because it was left standby for about hours I don't know if the scan was finished When I try to boot the screen gets [SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your stuck on quot please wait quot screen or quot configuring windows Do not turn off your computer quot I already tried going to System Recovery Options screen then going to Troubleshoot then Advanced Options but I tried everything there and still the issue persists even when I tried to boot in safe mode I tried going to command prompt and type sfc scannow but it says it can't scan right now I also [SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your tried chkdsk R but it says the same I don't know how to run cmd as administrator from the System Recovery Options So now I tried to use system restore but I am stuck to the windows logo for about and half hour I don't know if I should wait for this or it is already stuck In other forums I read they used system restore with only the quot C quot disk group connected Should I also do this I am thinking to remove AVAST or somehow disable it Please help me

A:[SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have your Windows 8 CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-stuck-on-and-quot-please-wait-and-quot-screen-or-and-quot-configuring-windows-do-not-turn-off-your-702996.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello all,
I have a Phillips 32" LCD (model # 32TA2800/98) that I connect my laptops to with a VGA cable. I usually had my Gateway NV53A (AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series Graphics card) connected and I never had a problem. Recently I connected my Samsung to the monitor and again, had no problems. When I reconnect my gateway the PC detects the monitor but the monitor does not detect the PC. If I switch back to the Samsung it works fine. I have reset the TV to factory default the only way I know how (owners manual). I have unplugged the power cable to the TV for 10 min+. I have changed from a 14 pin VGA to a 15 pin. I have updated all drivers.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

A:1 monitor (Phillips 32" flat screen), 2 laptops, only 1 laptop detected by monitor

It appears this one has got them all stumped. I really need help with this one and I am at a total loss. I would be forever in someones debt.

Could it be that the TV has a capacitor that holds the settings for an extended period of time? Maybe I should leave it unplugged for 24-48 hours?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-monitor-phillips-32-flat-screen-2-laptops-only-1-laptop-detected-by-monitor.1039481/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all This issue really bugs me every few months it'll happen one of my three screens times it's the Acer will display as a quot Generic "Generic Acer Non-PnP setup. Tri Monitor S240HL Monitor" Non-PnP Monitor quot with this it'll only display in usually same as the other screens This set up works perfectly most of the time and has done for the last few years but as I said it comes and goes I've done a lot of research online and the best "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. advice I can find is that when it happens if I unplug it all and let the capacitors drain in the monitor and GPU then when reconnecting everything it'll work fine I've done this before and it's not worked I've also done it and it's worked I've also had it in the past where "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. it's just reverted back to how it's supposed to be mid use My set up OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC CM CM CM "Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup. CM Display SONY TV x Hz Display Samsung S B x Hz Display Acer S HL x Hz lt --- Displaying as quot Generic Non-PnP Monitor x Hz quot GPU AMD Radeon HD Series I've got the latest drivers for all the hardware I've got the latest windows updates for everything I've tried older versions of the drivers for the GPU no difference with the issue I've been to the Acer website to download a driver specifically for the monitor but they haven't got one on there for this montior on this OS just for Windows Vista which Windows won't recognize as an install-able file Any help would be much appreciated this is driving me up the damn wall

A:"Generic Non-PnP Monitor" Acer S240HL Tri Monitor setup.

You can try forcing the install of the vista 64 bit driver, you pick update driver then follow the yellow steps and if you get the bottom picture if its unsigned just pick install anyway.

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/369321-generic-non-pnp-monitor-acer-s240hl-tri-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I installed Windows "input monitor not resolution, now Changed says monitor supported" and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen too big I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size windows recommended x but I tried something larger and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving around which says quot input not supported quot Not being able to use that monitor to go in and change it back I hooked up a flat screen t v which worked but Windows only showed the current monitor size which was smaller than the Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported" original monitor I tried the monitor on another computer Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported" I have also running Windows and it worked fine It shows the resolution as x When I plugged it back into the original computer I get the same plack screen with quot input not supported quot so I can't change it there I suspect the issue is with the registry somewhere in Windows on the first computer but I have no idea really what the problem is I've been working on this for a whole day now You can probably tell I'm not well versed in computer technology I just want my old monitor back Acer K HL and I promise I won't mess around with it again Does anyone know how to help me

A:Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported"

Originally Posted by GaryR

I installed Windows 10 and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen (too big). I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size (windows recommended 1920 x 1080) but I tried something larger, and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving around which says "input not supported". Not being able to use that monitor to go in and change it back, I hooked up a flat screen t.v. which worked but Windows only showed the current monitor size (which was smaller than the original monitor. I tried the monitor on another computer I have also running Windows 10 and it worked fine. It shows the resolution as 1920 x 1080. When I plugged it back into the original computer I get the same plack screen with "input not supported" so I can't change it there. I suspect the issue is with the registry somewhere in Windows 10 on the first computer, but I have no idea really what the problem is. I've been working on this for a whole day now. You can probably tell I'm not well versed in computer technology. I just want my old monitor back (Acer K272HL) and I promise I won't mess around with it again. Does anyone know how to help me?

Not your model, but this article may help with some procedures. Acer Monitor says "Input Not Supported" - Forums - CNET

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/31740-changed-monitor-resolution-now-monitor-says-input-not-supported.html
Relevancy 73.53%

ok, I bought a new wide screen monitor, how do I make everything on the screen look normal instead of stretched to fit the wide screen??? Thanks! Alan

A:Wide Screen Monitor

You need to set your Windows video resolution to match the native resolution of the monitor.

Can you tell us the make/model of the monitor, and the make/model of your video board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wide-screen-monitor.500071/
Relevancy 73.53%

I am thinking about upgrading to a large widescreen (22" flat panel) monitor. How can I be positive that my machine will support one of these? Thanks

A:Wide Screen Monitor?

find out what video card u have in your system then google it...... and find out what resolutions it can support a 22" widescreen native resolution is 1680 x 1050

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wide-screen-monitor.672881/
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently bought a lcd wide screen monitor. The resolution needed for the monitor is (1440 x 900). My computer does not support this resolution. How can I get the computer to support the monitor?

A:Wide Screen Monitor

You would need to upgrade your video card....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wide-screen-monitor.559879/
Relevancy 73.53%

I am in need of a new monitor. I am thinking of a 20 or 22 inch wide screen,but my wife and I only use the PC for web surfing and E-Bay transactions(buying and selling). Is there any advantage or disadvantage for a wide screen for this use? Due to poor eyesight I currently run my 17" CRT at 800x600,with large fonts,but this limits the amount of data I can display.

A:Need new monitor Wide Screen or not?

The bigger the screen the more stuff you can display, obviously, but the downside with LCDs is that they can look distorted and blurry if they aren't displayed at the native resolution. This means that if you want to avoid the blurryness and distortion you must run it at the appropriate high resolution. This won't cause too much of a problem if you don't play high-end games, but if you do then you need to make sure you buy a nice GPU or else you have to choose between poor performance or blurryness and distortion. You may be able to find an LCD that looks fine at a lower than native resolution, but it totally depends on the monitor. You may also be able to play games at lower resolutions by not using the entire screen, but I think this depends on if your GPU supports it. If you're worried about fonts being too small, you can always increase the font size. In web browsers it's as simple as ctrl + mouse wheel scroll.

Unless your monitor is failing you don't 'need' a new one. It's all about want. If you want a new one then get one, if not then don't. For Gaming I suggest 2-5ms response time, 3000:1 contrast ratio (or higher), and for just web browsing I feel that nearly any response time and contrast ratio provides acceptable quality, though you may want to look for at least 1000:1 contrast ratio since you have less than perfect vision. The main thing to look for is a 3 year (or more) parts and labor warranty and a low limit on dead pixels for it to be considered defective (mine is 8). I would not suggest buying any monitor without a 3 year parts and labor warranty (unless you're planning on destroying for some reason), because if it isn't 3, then it is usually only 1. One year isn't long enough to prove it is quality built, especially if you don't use your computer often. In most cases, if it lasted 3 years it shouldn't have any problem lasting 3 more.

And yes, buy widescreen. No question about it. Widescreen gives you much, much better viewable area/cost ratio. The only real disadvantage is that all the view area isn't vertical, so you probably wont be able to make use of it while web browsing. You might be able to find a widescreen LCD that you can actually turn vertical so you get all that extra vertical space. I've never bothered to check since I game and it's nice to have a wider view. Maybe I'll check after work though, since that would be a good thing to know if it's possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-new-monitor-wide-screen-or-not.626567/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi All I have been reading posts and am trying to get this straight I have just got a LG quot wide screen monitor The monitor is looking for a resolution of x I have a Persasio S NX running XP I have not been able monitor Screen Wide to use the wide screen because of distortion I can switch away from wide Wide Screen monitor screen to eliminate the distortion but now I am not taking advantage of the wide screen There are blank spaces on the sides From what I understand I need to be able to Wide Screen monitor set my resolution to x in order to use the wide screen corectly Let me know if I got this right Looking at my Display Property Settings I do not have that option I went to Display Property Settings and the display is listed as LG W Analog on VIA SG UniChrome IPG Where do I go from here in order to wse the wide screen at the correct resolution Thanks Sid nbsp

A:Wide Screen monitor

Without being able to find the specs for your computer, I would say your graphics solution is not enough to handle the 1680x1050 resolution. Either you need to install a new graphics card (Radeon 3450 could be fine, silent, low power consumption, small) or use the monitor at 1440x900 resolution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wide-screen-monitor.785932/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi

I have recently bought an LCD logic LCX20LN1 20" tv which has a pc input. When i booted up my pc with the new screen attactched, just after the windows loading screen came up it came up with this message on the screen "out of range". I heard that this happens when you purchase a new monitor but have still not found any help on the internet about how to fix it. I am using Windows XP. Also the TFT screen that i used before that was 17" if that helps.

Thanks

A:New LCD logic 20" screen. When booting up pc comes up with "out of range" message

Did you uninstall the drivers for your previous monitor before installing the new one?

"out of range" is most commonly caused by a resolution\frequency setting that the monitor does not support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-lcd-logic-20-screen-when-booting-up-pc-comes-up-with-out-of-range-message.38188/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 72.67%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 72.67%

Running Core2 Duo Vista Ultimate 64 bit
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

My old monitor was a 4:3 aspect 17" and worked fine until it crapped out - it started flashing on and off rapidly.

I bought a Samsung 19" 16:9 aspect monitor
Then I returned it and got an I-Inc 19" 16:9 aspect monitor

Both exhibited the same problem
Everything is great for color, etc
[Both are on sale under $90]

BUT, I cannot get the screen to scroll down so I can see the bottom inch or 2 of several programs [including WarQuest]

I have tried changing the resolution, but it doesn't seem to make a real change in the display when I do

Any suggestions?
I already tried updating the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, and monitor, drivers

A:[New Wide Screen Monitor] Problem

Hello, have you checked the center buttons on the monitor itself ? I have an 18.5 in wide screen monitor and i have buttons on the bottom that get all that straight .

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294790-new-wide-screen-monitor-problem.html
Relevancy 72.67%

You said that there was no dumb question but maybe this fits.

I bought a new widescreen laptop and the salesperson suggested a new 23" widescreen monitor. (ASUS VH235). I wanted a big screen as I do alot of CAD work. My problem is that everything is distorded in the width direction. Like in Word, an 8 1/2 x 11 page is almost square instead of rectangular and my CAD drawings are elongated sideways. Is there some setting that can get the width to height ratio inline with the real page?

Relevancy 72.67%

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help.
I am currently using Windows XP with a standard 17'' VGA monitor (those big ones) what I would like to do is upgrade my viewing experience and get one of those flat screen TFT monitors but here's the query..........I would like it to be one of those wide-screen ones around 19''. Will the windows desktop icons and status bar adjust itself accordingly to fit the new widescreen space and will opening up packages like photoshop also adjust to fill the screen as well.

Relevancy 72.67%

How to set resolution for wide screen monitor? Display adapter driver does not let me to choose propern resolution. What kind a driver I should look for to be able to set proper resolution for wide screen monitor?

Relevancy 72.24%

I currently have a standard 4:3 17" LCD monitor. I want to upgrade to 19" but I am unsure whether or not to get a widescreen monitor or a standard square one. I know it probably depends on what it is going to be used for, but I do a lot of different things, from games, to browsing the web, to website making, to video editing.

Should I take the safe bet of the 4:3 monitor ? Or is there a big advantage to 16:9 ? Please note I wont be doing much DVD viewing on it, only to check back videos I have edited (not to sit and watch for hours).

Any advice appreciated, thanks !

Relevancy 72.24%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a upgraded graphics card and a 23 inch HP monitor connected by an HDMI cable. Things like the internet and word processing look fine but downloaded movies and games look like crap.
Any ideas.
Thanks
Dave

A:Graphics look like crap on wide screen monitor

Hi,

As the old saying goes with video encoding it is the same for playing videos, if you put crap in then you get crap out. IE if you play a video that is say made at a resolution of 320x480i then it is played on a screen that has a resolution of 1600x900, thus creating a stretched out video to fit the wide screen of the monitor you get pixellation (meaning the video is so stretched you can see the pixels) its gonna look horrible and there is really nothing you can do about it. You would need to re shoot the video with a camera that can make a video at a resolution the same or higher than that of your monitors output resolution. Such as 1080p HD resolution.

Hope this helps answer your question. (Also anyone feel free to correct me if i got anything wrong).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391563/graphics-look-like-crap-on-wide-screen-monitor/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello.

I just bought new LCD. It is - ViewSonic va1912w - 19 inch - wide screen.
I used installation cd, followed all steps and installation was sucessfull. The monitor works properly only if it is set at 1440 x 900

At present i have no graphic card installed. But i have 512mb of ddr2 ram with 2.6 hgz intel processor.

After installing monitor... the highest resolution i can set is 1280x768. At present monitor is set at 1280x768 and result is horrible.

I tried reinstalling. but no change.
Then i went to direversguide.com and downloaded new drivers - installed it successfully and still maximum resolution shown is 1280x768. Now, if i dont set resolution to 1440x900 - results are really bad.

any hint on what should be done?

Thanks,
Romit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-right-resolution-for-new-wide-screen-monitor.645139/
Relevancy 71.81%

I just replaced my 13inch Sony monitor with a 20 x 12 inch Hannspree.
The screen view doesn't allow me to view whole page without scrolling.
Please tell me how to adjust this wide screen view?

A:Solved: wide screen monitor adjustment

You need to right click somewhere on the Windows desktop then click Properties, then Settings. Use the slider to adjust the screen resolution to be the same as the recommended resolution for your monitor. If it won't let you increase the resolution, let us know what graphics adapter you have (manufacturer and model).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wide-screen-monitor-adjustment.813780/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi guys,

I just recently purchased a new flat wide screen monitor and already it's very dusty! This is my first flat screen so I'm unsure as to how to properly dust/clean it. Is it safe to use normal yellow dusters?

Thanks in advance,
Dash

Relevancy 71.81%

Can this be done, we want to run two computers at the same time, with both having active open windows on one large, wide HD screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-wireless-keyboards-using-one-wide-screen-monitor.91622/
Relevancy 71.81%

if i press the menu button in my HPx20LED wide screen monitor it says OSD lock.. how to unlock with it?..

A:How to unlock OSD my HPx20 LED wide screen monitor?..

Hi, Just Press and hold the Menu button for 30 Seconds and You should get a message that it is unlocked

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-unlock-OSD-my-HPx20-LED-wide-screen-monitor/td-p/747667
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm planning on getting a widescreen monitor soon (the samsung 906bw). I have several games i want to play on it that I know do not have widescreen resolutions as options. Will I be able to do anything to make them look right or will i have to be content with a stretched view?

A:Wide screen monitor and non widescreen games

Here's a page I use to get info about widescreen gaming:
http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/Main_Page
FYI - there are more games it can modify than those listed on the wiki page.

It's great for finding info about which games support it inherently and tools for forcing games to widescreen (EA is terrible about this.) Personally I use Universal Widescreen Patcher for forcing most of my PC games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wide-screen-monitor-and-non-widescreen-games.74804/
Relevancy 71.81%

My wife's Desktop computer is as listed herein. Problem is that all display is stretched width wise. She runs windows xp media version. The graphics, controlled on the mother board, is the Intel 946Z Chipset. I would appreciate any help that I can get to rid the screen of this problem.
Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-1916w-monitor-wide-lcd-screen.637576/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of motherboard is 9 1/2" wide and long. Is it an ATX or a MicroATX? Is one of the two better than the other? Do they make 500 watt power supplies for MicroATX's? Please someone answer these questions, thanks...

A:ATX or MicroATX, 9 1/2" wide and long?

Oh yea and what is a uATX motherboard cause thats what is in my computer right now and it is 9 1/2" wide and long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atx-or-microatx-9-1-2-wide-and-long.41975/
Relevancy 71.38%

Some backstory just one month ago I started to think of what will be the other use of our TV and it's HDMI cable When I cleaned out my PC I noticed that my card has an HDMI port so something came into my mind and after weeks I decided to use my TV for multi-monitor Setting a 20" a TV display 32" HP and up w/ LG a monitor a larger monitor and it works fine In the coming weekend I'll work with displays I'll use the quot capable of p as the main monitor and my stock quot as a side monitor So I can still do things while doing other things I may not be able to connect with my internet since the positioning of the modem and the TV is away from each other so I can't immediately ask for support nor receive it Also is it Setting up a multi-monitor display w/ a 20" HP monitor and a 32" LG TV possible to have different backgrounds in each monitor And another question if there will be two displays with different contents being shown from one another will it mean that the GPU load will double What programs will I use Is there already a built in program Specs of GPU and the displays Palit NVIDIA GeForce GT MB VGA DVI and HDMI Stock quot HP monitor LG LF FR quot p TV from what I can remember it's from

A:Setting up a multi-monitor display w/ a 20" HP monitor and a 32" LG TV

Hi there
the easiest way is to use WINDOWS + P and simply use the EXTEND option - then you can move things at will between the two monitors. Remember though the resolution will be that of the device having the SMALLEST resolution (not necessarily the smallest screen !!).

For different Backgrounds you could use the desktop program in the sysinternals suite - this gives up to 4 "Virtual desktops" that you can split out over the two monitors.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/s.../bb842062.aspx

Extract the DESKTOPS.EXE file - works on W8.1 too

Couple of Caveats with DESKTOPS.EXE though -- desktop version of IE only works from DESKTOP 1 - if you start IE again from desktop 2,3,4 then the windows are stacked up in desktop 1.

Charms etc only operate from primary desktop (desktop 1)

Toolbars, desktop icons etc all work correctly on each desktop with the exceptions outlined

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/311362-setting-up-multi-monitor-display-w-20-hp-monitor-32-lg-tv.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a dual monitor system and I noticed that sometimes (occasionally) one of the screens has a condition where its windows stop accepting mouse clicks. I can still alt-tab into things and use arrow keys other keyboard buttons, but mouse clicks do not respond on that screen. In a few seconds it usually goes away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398924-dual-monitor-system-one-monitor-freezes.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Ive got a MIRO p F monitor Ive had it about a year Im running WinXP Home Athlon xp and a Radion Evil Commando X whatever the hell that is My problem is that The picture too for picture P17f98 Monitor screen Miro wide it gives is stretched beyond the confines Miro P17f98 Monitor picture too wide for screen of the screen even when I narrow it down to its minimum At the moment I have a tart button in the bottom left which would be great if it actually produced one but its starting to get on my nerves a bit - I use my comp mostly for games and when Ive got a health bar or whatever on the left of the screen its annoying not being anle to see whats going on On the right of the screen the time and date are offscreen too ALso of course when icons are auto-stuck on the desktop theyre off the screen and invisible until I move them Ive checked in my system uh menu and my computer thinks Ive got a plug and play monitor so perhaps I dont have any drivers installed for it Im not what youd call a computer genius so Im not sure what to do Ill take it back t the shop I suppose as a last resort but if anyone can suggest anything I could do that would be great I should say that sometimes when I boot the thing up everythings ok The Start button is fully on the screen and I can see what the time is without having to put the mousepointer off the screen right click and look at the clock in the set time and date menu any help would be greatly appreciated Eco PS vertically everythings fine And degaussing doesnt work Colours gamma darkness all fine too nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/miro-p17f98-monitor-picture-too-wide-for-screen.256855/