Windows Support Forum

Solved: Windows vista home-6 month old computer usb not working

Q: Solved: Windows vista home-6 month old computer usb not working

This is a gateway GT5622 Computer
has 4 usbs in the back and two in the front. All of a sudden they don't work. How can I get them to work again. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling in the device manager still don't work. in device manager when I open one it says they are working properlly but then it comes up when you try to use them that they need a driver. Can some one help me with this problem?

Gateway--Vista home
GT5622
3 GIGS of RAM
only like 6 months old
They worked up untill a few days ago.
the person said (it is for the babtist church) that they worked fine but they had a storm and the computer had gone of and on etc anyway they don't work no. What can I try?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Windows vista home-6 month old computer usb not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello everyone I have been having trouble with my computer for a while now and I could really use some help from experienced Windows users This is the first computer I have ever built and I have put alot of money and time into it The problem The computer was working for a long time until about two months ago when I left it off for about three days After three days I came to turn it on and the windows screen came on and just froze there I then tried a start up repair and that could not find the problem so I restarted it and it ran a check disk and to my surprise it started to say that all my files were either corrupt or unreadable Next I reformatted it and installed the OS again and it worked for a few weeks then I had the same problem So I have had to keep reformatting the hard drive everytime ive had the problem and now after a fresh reformat I started updating and installing my products like Xfire and Norton Now everytime I log on the computer slows and freezes up with hardly and programs running on startup Norton My dad has tried to help me computer not working Six month but he really only knows more about Windows XP and older versions My Computer Specs OS Windows Home Premium bit OEM Motherboard ASUS M A T-E Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory OCZ Gigs Ram Hard Drive GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Graphics Card XFX ATI RADEON HD

A:Six month computer not working

Hobo,
Welcome to SevenForums.

When you say you reformat, what are you reformatting?

Until the problem source is located, 100% remove Norton and use Microsoft Security Essentials which is fast, non-interfering, very good, free and used by the majority of the people answering questions here.

After we locate the problem, then you can reinstall Norton and see if all works well.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111050-six-month-computer-not-working.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version HP s uk Pavilion Slimline OS Version Microsoft Windows but and Solved: Home can files Premium not see SP3 Windows on 7 Home access Vista XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Acacia MS C R Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled I have found many well meaning suggestions aimed at helping others like me to resolve this annoying aspect of networking between Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium Windows Vista and XP but it seems like we are all banging our heads against a brick wall I have tried every Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium suggestion I can find on other forums but still my Windows computer cannot access my XP Home or Vista machines The message I see each time I try is as follows - quot WINXP or VISTA is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permissions The account is not authorised to log in from this station quot You will of course appreciate that the administrator is myself I can access files and a printer on Windows from the other two computers providing I place shared files in the public folder no problem with this Before you ask Yes I have checked that all three computers have the same Workgroup Name Yes I have got Network Discovery turned on Yes I have turned on file and printer sharing Yes I have turned off Password protected sharing and tried it turned on Yes I have set my network location to Work network Yes the computers I am trying to access do show in my network window each and everyone of them can be pinged from each other I even have a little utility called Wireless Network Watcher that shows that the IP addresses MAC addresses and each computer by name can be seen on the network I think I have exhausted all channels now but if there is something you think I ve missed do let me know Incidentally I even forked out some of my hard earned pocket money on a downloadable manual on the subject The author gave me days to prove his manual wouldn t help and after many emails containing screenshots of all the pings and error messages he conceded that he was baffled and couldn t be of further assistance He graciously refunded my money Phew Please someone spare me from tearing out what hair I have left nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 can see but not access files on XP Home SP3 and Vista Home Premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-can-see-but-not-access-files-on-xp-home-sp3-and-vista-home-premium.1011107/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have somewhat similar problem to the one described in http forums techguy org networking -solved-networking-vista-laptop html I have two desktops running XP home SP connected through Netgear wireless router and I have no problems accessing the files on either of them I now have a new laptop with Vista home premium edition and ran the network wizard I can access the files from Vista laptop to Solved: network home working already Adding the laptop but can not access the laptop from either of the desktop All are running zone alarm free edition and AVG free I probably need to put the ip address in the Solved: Adding Vista laptop to already working home network trusted zone in zone alarm but am not sure what the address should The ip address given by what is my ip address is very Solved: Adding Vista laptop to already working home network different from x x and running ipconfig all on the laptop gives me an IPv address which changes from time to time once it gave me another time the last three digits were slightly different Turning off zone alarm temporarily of course did not help Many thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I meet all the specs for windwos vista Aero. I used to have it but now when i look under control panel, appearance and personalization, and it takes to a box, and i look at windows color scheme, and it doesnt have windows vista aero on it. How do i get aero back?

A:Windows Vista Home Premium Aero Not Working

Hi Buddy,

This any good?

Aero Glass Transparency

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275294-windows-vista-home-premium-aero-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Tried up dating Vista numerous occasions over the last few months but to no avail I now have a little time to address this issue The windows update Vista working SP2 Premium Windows in Home not update status in services is always starting never gets to started I have run the Fix It and Windows update not working in Vista Home Premium SP2 no detrimental results shown I have run Farbar and below are the results Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by James administrator on - - at Running from C Users James AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE EQ UYS Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Windows update not working in Vista Home Premium SP2 Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wuauserv service is OK The ImagePath of wuauserv service is OK The ServiceDll of wuauserv C Windows system wuaueng dll Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is Windows update not working in Vista Home Premium SP2 not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is OK The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation ED CE ACDAABBF E C A C Windows System drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C F CE AD C EB E C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation BED ED A DF FA EAB D C Windows System dnsrslvr dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation F B A DF D FD BB B C Windows System mpssvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation E BAF BA A AE C C C Windows System bfe dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FFB C FFA EAD B FBDE C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation B DAD BFD BF F A E BFF E C Windows System wscsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation EA E D EF A C B A B A C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D E ED BD D DB C A C Windows System wuaueng dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FB FE F BDC A F A F D C Windows System qmgr dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D F CC C FD AD C C Windows System es dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation E F B F DECE CD EC B AF C Windows System cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation E F CDE D CA D DCF C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF B A A E DC A D C E CF EF End of log Also run mini tool box and below are those results MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by James administrator on - - at Running from C Users James AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE JULECM U Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content localhost localhost www guard com guard com i com www k com k com www hq com hq com com www com com www scan com scan com www gratisproben com gratisproben com www namen ... Read more

A:Windows update not working in Vista Home Premium SP2

Have you tried running Windows Repair (All in one)?  you can find it under the download tab at the home page

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504220/windows-update-not-working-in-vista-home-premium-sp2/
Relevancy 61.49%

My Windows Update and Windows Defender are no longer working. I cannot get updates automatically or manually. This problen began in June so I am concerned. I have tried many of the solutions offered,but to no avail. The "Windows Update Troubleshooter"
offered by microsoft does not work either; I get an error message,something about a CAB file. I would appreciate any help offered towards solving this issue. Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d851b43a-3bb9-4ca7-ab23-344201906b74/windows-update-not-working-vista-home-premium-32-bit?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok so it is a small thing but I was wondering if anyone could help.

Everytime I am searching around on the internet and find a video that would normally play in windows media player (only inside of Internet Explorer) I get a connection failure saying there is something wrong with my connection. No video ever comes up. But here is the kicker.... If I right click the link and go save as and download it I can play it in Windows media player. Any ideas on why in Windows Vista I can't play videos inside Internet Explorer itself and why I have to download the video instead. And I am not talking about huge videos either just small clips like film previews or something of that nature.

Thanks to whomever helps!

EJ Gonzales

A:Videos not working in IE7 and Windows Vista Home Premium

Do you have the most current version of Media Player installed? You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/videos-not-working-in-ie7-and-windows-vista-home-premium.582115/
Relevancy 61.49%

My Windows Update and Windows Defender are no longer working. I cannot get updates automatically or manually. This problen began in June so I am concerned. I have tried many of the solutions offered,but to no avail. The "Windows Update Troubleshooter"
offered by microsoft does not work either; I get an error message,something about a CAB file. I would appreciate any help offered towards solving this issue. Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d851b43a-3bb9-4ca7-ab23-344201906b74/windows-update-not-working-vista-home-premium-32-bit?forum=itprovistaannouncements
Relevancy 61.06%

Greetings,
Windows Explorer has stopped working in Vista Home Basic.

In the administrator account
Have to hit Ctrl + ALt + Del to run programs. Dark screen

AVG 2012 says irp hook driver atapi problem hidden.

MyWebSearch/FunWebProducts detected by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

A:Windows Explorer has stopped working in Vista Home Basic

Hello probably a rootkit.Can you run this?Please download mbr.exe and save it to the root directory, usually C:\ <- (Important!).Go to Start > Run and type: cmd.exepress Ok.At the command prompt type: c:\mbr.exe >>"C:\mbr.log"press Enter.The process is automatic...a black DOS window will open and quickly disappear. This is normal.A log file named mbr.log will be created and saved to the root of the system drive (usually C:\).Copy and paste the results of the mbr.log in your next reply.If you have a problem using the command prompt, you can just double-click on mbr.exe to run the tool.For the Explorer issue use How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459681/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-in-vista-home-basic/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have been working on a problem for days The whole thing is explained in a different thread of mine no one can figure it out not the telephone company not the ISP Not tech guys so far -been Vista at days-will working premium home Windows on t for problem look a someone So I was wondering if someone would do the courtesy of looking this log over for me another person was concerened about the explorer EXE since I am having problems with internet long story pages on other thread so here is the log someone please let me no asap thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Vista home premium -been working on a problem for days-will someone look at t Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Creative Home Hallmark Card Studio Deluxe Planner PLNRnote exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check HPHC Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run hpfsched C Windows hpfsched exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM... Read more

A:Windows Vista home premium -been working on a problem for days-will someone look at t

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-premium-been-working-on-a-problem-for-days-will-someone-look-at-t.724611/
Relevancy 61.06%

My daughters laptop all of a sudden will not work with our wireless router. It worked for about a year and now will not. It will not find the wireless network anymore. I think Limewire messed it up, and I have now uninstalled Limewire. I need Limewire back on again if possible when I get it fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Wireless suddenly not working with Windows Vista Home Edition

Perhaps you should reconsider Limewire.

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

We are aware that there are legal applications for file sharing but we have chosen to take this postion as we cannot determine when the assistance requested is for illegal or legal purposes and the illegal far outweigh the legal in this medium.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-suddenly-not-working-with-windows-vista-home-edition.780089/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all

Done a fresh install of Vista Home Premium SP2 on an old Sony Vaio laptop.  After activation I just can't get Windows Update to download anything apart from the latest Windows Update Client There's no error message, just "checking for updates" constantly.   It's been running for over 24 hours now with no progress.

Considering this is a fresh install - any ideas?

Cheers!

A:Windows Update not working on fresh Vista Home Premium install

UPDATE

For anyone that's interested the updates have now arrived after almost three full days of checking for updates.  It appears my new ISP gives piss poor connection speeds.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610254/windows-update-not-working-on-fresh-vista-home-premium-install/
Relevancy 60.2%

I keep getting the error message: Calling ID has stopped working.

A:Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic: Calling ID has stopped working

hi this could be a conflict betwen your av and vista or some other prog

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-windows-vista-home-basic-calling-id-has-stopped-working-343388.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Please help. I am having Host Process for Windows Services stopped working error.

Computer Gateway with AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-core 2.3Ghz
RAM 4 GB
32 bit OS (Windows Home Premium) with SP2

My internet is not working (IE, Firefox, Windows live Mail) but I can see other computers on my network and those other computers can connect with the internet.

Event viewer shows a list of critical errors: all showing as:
RpcServerUseProtseq:ncacn_ip_tcp error 1721

In addition, the events viewer also shows errors for Diagnostic Policy service terminating and and error called svchost.exe_MpsSvc.

In order to resolve the issue, I first did a restore to about 1 week ago, but that did not correct the problem. Now I am lost. Please help.

A:Host Process for Windows Services Stopped Working on Vista Home Premium

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

It will provide us with all of the information we'll need to troubleshoot this one.

Devin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/host-process-for-windows-services-stopped-working-on-vista-home-premium-536660.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Recently my Standby stopped working When I click Standby the computer shuts down I have no clue what caused this it happened suddenly I have surfed the web and read many cases where this has happened but so far have not come across a fix or cure It all seems very difficult to rectify with users uninstalling Windows and reinstalling One Home - Windows working, not XP Standby computer down shuts guy said it cured it but others had no success I am not prepared to go to extremes on this and am looking for a simple fix If I cannot get a simple solution then I will live with Standby not working and use Hibernate which does work with no problems I am using Windows XP Home edition and have no other problems at all everything else works perfect My system is clean I use Sandboxie AVG PrivateFirewall and several other security programs I also scan frequently with no infections found I have fiddled about with the power options until I go crazy - tried everything with no luck Can anybody please advise me how to get my Standby working again Thank you

A:Windows XP Home - Standby not working, shuts computer down

Hello,You've possibly already come across this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555569Arrow down to TIPs.To put the system into Stand by:I copied the command into notepad, named it "Standyby.bat", saved it to my Desktop, turned off hibernation, and tested with XP Pro. It worked well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469827/windows-xp-home-standby-not-working-shuts-computer-down/
Relevancy 58.48%

System Details - GigaByte GA-EP -UD L - GB Patriot Viper Series PC - - CPU - Windows Professional bit - System age - years - month Windows from [moved 6 Vista/ BSOD 7] Hiatus Video card ATI Radeon X X Series - OS install years months ago my system was blue screening and I went thru all the suggested diagnostic tests and I could never pinpoint as to what the cause of the BSOD's was The only thing that was possibly a red flag was the memory that I have installed because it is not in the MB'd supported memory About a week ago my system started becoming unstable again with the BSOD I'm attaching the supported files Should I spend the and get a set of memory that is in teh supported list to at least eliminate that possibility Since the BSOD 6 month Hiatus [moved from Vista/ Windows 7] motherboard is getting older there doesn't seem to be a big selection of memory still available on the net that seem to still stock this type of memory Should I invest in a new MB instead Thanks for any help on this -Brian

A:BSOD 6 month Hiatus [moved from Vista/ Windows 7]

PERFMON shows your Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter as having an issue.
Please uninstall the Shrew Soft VPN software from your system (the older versions did have BSOD issues a while back). Should you need to use this program, download a new, updated, Win7 compatible version and install that.

Don't start spending money on this yet. Let us figure out what's going on first. While it's possible that the memory may cause issues - but at work we don't consult the tables and we rarely have problems with memory.

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners (read the details at the link)

Running 6 memory dumps (those from 2011)
More to follow when they're done.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-6-month-hiatus-moved-from-vista-windows-7-a-550291.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Greetings, back again. My last series of posts were in Oct 2010 here. I had replaced the PSU with a top quality corsair 650 and have had minimal troubles outside of the last couple weeks. Crashes are commonplace while playing games, but otherwise seem to share little in common depending on what is going in within the game.

Pertinent information below and attached-your assessment is much appreciated.

? W7x64 Home Premium
? Originally XPx32, but new HD in last 16 mo and clean install of current OS
? Full-retail
? System is approx 18 mo, GPU 10 mo. old
? OS has not been reinstalled for at least 6 mo.
? C2D E8400
? MSI-HD5700
? GA-EP45-UD3L v1.0
? 650w Corsair TX-Installed Oct 2010

Memtest 86+ v4.0 run for 9+hrs with no errors two nights ago.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD recurring, 4-month hiatus (from trouble) [moved from Vista/7]

Hello,

Do you have another graphics card you could try out? If not, borrow one from a friend, or purchase one from a store that will allow you to return it, if it turns out not to be the problem.

Run Prime95; both the Small FFTs and Blend tests: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Wed Jan 26 18:39:52.964 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:36.571
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for win32k.sys -
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: BFBC2Game.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_STRIDE
SystemProductName = EP45-UD3L
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Jan 25 20:26:00.629 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:18:29.237
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgmms1.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgmms1.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1+20d90 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_dxgmms1+20d90
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Jan 23 12:53:42.012 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 5:57:29.619
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1+5eea )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_dxgmms1+5eea
Debug session time: Fri Jan 21 21:11:23.863 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:40:51.471
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE_4096
Debug session time: Sun Jan 16 12:46:07.884 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 18:51:32.492
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109
Debug session time: Fri Jan 14 19:01:04.458 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 23:46:38.066
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgmms1.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgmms1.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1+1ac83 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_MINI
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc2_7_MINI_dxgmms1+1ac83
Debug session time: Mon Jan 10 17:25:07.244 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:29:40.852
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::IsAllocationInUse+20 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::IsAllocationInUse+20
Sy... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-recurring-4-month-hiatus-from-trouble-moved-from-vista-7-a-546624.html
Relevancy 58.48%

A customer that I had worked on their computer before said that her floppy drive wasn t working she said the Home XP Windows computer working explain SP3 to drive not the reboots need computer was working great for a feew months since I had worked on it I had cleaned Windows XP Home SP3 need to explain drive not working reboots the computer it up and put some RAM in etc Anyway she said a friend had given her a cd with a pic on it she put Windows XP Home SP3 need to explain drive not working reboots the computer it in and couldn t get the pic to open so gave up on it but ever since that the computer is running very slow The icons on desktop all come up but have to then go from the file to the picture of whatever icon it is one at a time everything is running slow opening windows etc also I have never seen this when you put in a floppy disc and then try to open it it reboots the computer right away the screen goes black and then it restarts I disabled the floppy drive and hooked up an external floppy I had usb but it did the same thing every thing is fine till you try to open the floppy tried different floppies I have spyblaster and script defender on it and they have CA for antivirus I ran a scan with malwarebytes and it caught adware game van I don t no what that is but it isn t in the add remove programs I am running sfc scannow now but is going alright open the event manager and after sfc scannow is done will go back in didn t write it down bujt some events with acip I thnink it was somethning about the BIOS trying to write to an illigal I O Port can someone give me some hints here I work on computers but enough to keep people going in a small town so they don t have to pack everything up and drive miles rd trip to get there compujter looked at So any thought would be great nbsp

A:Windows XP Home SP3 need to explain drive not working reboots the computer

?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-sp3-need-to-explain-drive-not-working-reboots-the-computer.868616/
Relevancy 57.62%

I bought a new Sony Vaio Windows computer Premium New - Vista PROBLEMS! Home - LS E computer with Vista Home Premium amp G of RAM I have it plugged into my DLink DI- M router not using the wireless capabilities Previously I had a Vaio with Windows XP before and had blazing fast internet and smooth Windows Media Center operation with G of RAM I use Firefox and the internet is painfully slow Not only that but Windows Media Center is choppy and going through all the menus is slow choppy frustrating I have not changed my ISP provider or anything else since I got the new computer I use Norton Antivirus but have disabled the phishing filter Are there fixes or tweaks I can perform on New computer - Windows Vista Home Premium - PROBLEMS! this otherwise beautiful New computer - Windows Vista Home Premium - PROBLEMS! machine to make it run better My other applications run pretty well but since I use the internet and WMP most of the time it has been a very frustrating few days Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

My DELL INSPIRON 531S running WINDOWS VISTA SP2 64 BIT is VERY, VERY SLOW. Please HELP to find a way to make it run a little faster. It is frustrating and don't know what to do.

A:Solved: Computer real slow running vista home premium

Click Start, then type MSCONFIG in the search or run box, then press the Enter key.

When the small "System Configuration" window appears, click the "Startup" tab.

Write down ONLY the names in the "Startup Item" column that have a checkmark next to them.

If the "Startup Item" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column.

Submit those names here in a vertical list.

Make sure to spell them EXACTLY as you see them there.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Click Start, then type SERVICES.MSC in the search or run box, then press the Enter key.

When the "Services" window appears, expand it so you can see the list more clearly.

Write down ONLY the names in the "Name" column that have their startup type set on Automatic and Automatic (Delayed Start).

If the "Name" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column.

Submit those names here in a vertical list and in alphabetical order.

Make sure to spell them correctly.

These are my "canned instructions", but you can submit thumbnail images instead of you want to.

Just make sure they're large enough and the required information is readable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-real-slow-running-vista-home-premium.1145524/
Relevancy 57.19%

I used to be able to click an FTP address and it would go in the address bar and windows XP home would take me there, I think I turned some services off at one time and don't remember which ones (probably one that runs the default FTP) anyway, can anyone tell me how to get it working again? I was trying that smart ftp program but I don't seem to be smart enough to get to the ftp sites even when I have the address, I looked at the knowledge base and support but still just can't seem to master it. I would really like to get the default ftp for my windows XP home SP1 working again so I can at least use the ftp sites. Can someone help? I didn't know for sure what forum to put this in so thought I would try this one. Thanks

A:Solved: Windows XP home SP1-How to get the default xp FTP working again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-home-sp1-how-to-get-the-default-xp-ftp-working-again.453311/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am working on my sisters compaq computer running vista home premium they had contracted some viruses trogans Etc was finally able to boot to safe mode and was able to run malware bytes anti malware program that was already installed but was days old on the definitions tried to access the internet to update but would boot vista windows can premium not computer running home not access it it would only show a local connection rebooted again to make sure i can not boot computer running windows vista home premium selected safe mode with networking but still no internet i used a jump drive on another computer and downloaded avast anti-vrus program and was able to load can not boot computer running windows vista home premium it on the computer and ran the program after running the malware bytes program it found like trogans i think and the avast program found a couple of things as well there were can not boot computer running windows vista home premium a couple of times that while trying to reboot in the normal mode the computer would bring the normal desktop up for about seconds and then it would go away and now all i get in normal mode is it gets to the welcome screen and while booting it just halts and the hard drive light stops blinking I have tried removing the memory sticks one at a time and try to reboot and to no luck replaced the memeory all plugs and cables are plugged in and haven t seen any abnormalities on the motherboard i have tried to use a start up disk from xp but that doesn t work either I even bought a program from walmart that was called System Mechanic and i can not get it to load up either The system recovery is on the d drive partition but when trying to access it in safe mode it acts like there is nothing there cAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE ADVISE

A:can not boot computer running windows vista home premium

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.Including a link to this thread will be helpful. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425603/can-not-boot-computer-running-windows-vista-home-premium/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all techno s I had a lightning strike at home damaged several appliances I have a home LAN cat network in every room all coming to a port patch panel connected to an ADSL router hub I had to replace the ADSL hub as the LAN ports got damaged during the strike Now have a brand new SMC -port hub ADSL router in Funny problem the house Mind boggling lightning Laptop, not - Home on home strike after LAN Computer working computer does work if I plug a long fly lead from the house computer to the hub but not if I plug it into the wall socket which then is connected through the patch panel to the same hub So conclusion the LAN patch panel got damaged as well Only Mind boggling - home LAN working on Laptop, not Home Computer after lightning strike problem is if I plug my newish T Lenovo laptop into the same wall LAN socket that is not working with the home computer the laptop does work It seams the network connection for the Laptop on the LAN runs at MB sec but the home computer with a years old LAN adapter at MB sec HOW IS IT POSSIBLE that the LAN works with the Laptop but not with the home computer nbsp

A:Mind boggling - home LAN working on Laptop, not Home Computer after lightning strike

jro said:

It seams the network connection for the Laptop on the LAN runs at 300MB/sec+, but the home computer, with a 1.5years+ old LAN adapter at 100MB/sec.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE that the LAN works with the Laptop, but not with the home computer?????Click to expand...

The home computer may "report" that its running 100MB/sec, but the best way to tell what each of them are actually doing is by running a >> speedtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mind-boggling-home-lan-working-on-laptop-not-home-computer-after-lightning-strike.137230/
Relevancy 56.76%

two problems bigger than i am network xp on not everything tried home i can Solved: windows working find! - so angry and frustrated i ve looked up so much tried so much and it just shouldn t be so hard i ve had one of the same computers work on another network years ago just fine gt gt gt already found help on older forums on this site but it did not help me completely computers connected through same wireless router are desktops xp home is a laptop xp pro desktops are sharing files just fine but not printers through home network using just windows xp no external software problem LAPTOP is not fully functional in the network the other desktops can see the laptop Solved: home network on windows xp not working - tried everything i can find! it lists it by name under certain functions like add printer but its folders do not show up anywhere it doesn t show up in the network and it doesn t do anything functional--it says it s unavailable and to ask network administrator may not have rights blah blah blah in fact no computers show up under home network name and connecting directly to the computer name JEANNE-DT for example gives same error but the shared folders show up in network places and thus do work here is everything i ve tried for problem above - turned off all firewalls windows and external i e zone alarm - turned on and set to automatic wireless zero configuration - turned of all virus protection - ran the network setup wizard on all computers - pinged between each computer all work - restarted a million times - turned on simple file sharing which only is an option on my laptop the one with xp pro the others have xp home - made sure folders are shared etc etc etc problem i can t add real physical printers from the two desktops that work microsoft document image printer and pdf driver are sharing fine but real installed physical printers are not the printers show up when i search for network printers but it says the wrong driver is installed and i d have to install it yaddah yaddah it s a pain in the butt and it doesn t work to try to get the drivers all i can get from the printer website HP is software WITH drivers and that doesn t work for this please help i m going crazy sorry to sound so ridiculously desperate but every help thread i find is either completely unhelpful windows help for example or i tried everything it said and it didn t work this shouldn t be so hard AND it should be free--i don t want to buy software that s going to screw with my computer thank you nbsp

A:Solved: home network on windows xp not working - tried everything i can find!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-home-network-on-windows-xp-not-working-tried-everything-i-can-find.633521/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having a couple issues with my operating system Hopefully you guys can help My son oses another account and mostly for games and downloads we are not always sure what recently whenever we open IE the system will ask if we want to continue working off line we have to go the tools button and uncheck work offline This is a worry and I am wondering if there are any registry issues Here are Solved: premium working offline home windows the posts you wanted When I ran GMER it said that nothing was altered DS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Debbie at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV GFI Software VIPRE Enabled Updated B C - FA - B - F - F D SP GFI Software VIPRE Enabled Updated FF AA - E- -B B - E BD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW GFI Software VIPRE Enabled C C E - CB- A E-A -CC DD F B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Solved: windows home premium working offline Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL ACT MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBPIMSvc exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBAMSvc exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files x PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users nickl AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Users nickl AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Marketsplash by HP HPLocalWebPrintAgent exe C Program Files x ACT Act for Windows Act Outlook Sync exe c Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x ACT Act for Windows Act Outlook Service exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x GFI Software VIPRE SBAMTray exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies AT... Read more

Relevancy 56.33%

I have tried multiple times to install iTunes 8 so that I can sync my iPhone. Each time It attempts installation and then at some point rolls back and gives an error message that it can not install. Try again later. I have tried Using MSCONFIG troubleshoot conflicts in Windows Vista Article HT1275 without any luck. I have tried disabling McAfee Security before attempting to install. I also read the suggestion to go to Services and turn off iTunes, but it is not installed and therefore not in Services.

I really don't know what else to try in order to find the conflict. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

A:Cannot install iTunes8 on my computer running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1

Hi. . .

Sorry to hear of your troubles w/ iTunes. I assure you that somehow we'll straighten this out. 3 of my kids have iTunes on Vista and XP systems, so compatibility does not appear to be an issue.

If you don't mind taking 5 - 10 minutes to run a batch script, it will provide me with the information I need to have a deep look in your system and hopefully come up w/ some answers.

Please follow THESE instructions carefully.

Don't run the 2nd step - PERFMON. If I need it, I'll ask for it.

Just to make sure - this is the download link you are using for iTunes -
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Also - do you have a link for the Vista Article HT1275 that you mentioned? Run the batch script first, then see if you can find HT1275.

Zip up the output folder from the script and attach to next post. I'll be here for another hour or so before going into Philadelphia.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-install-itunes8-on-my-computer-running-windows-vista-home-premium-with-sp1-332972.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Windows Vista Home Basic, It was taken apart by my son who is obsessed about computers, And he did not take it apart to be fully ruined, all he did is take out 1 thing of memory out of 4 there is, and the hard drive he broke the data slot, and I am using a different vista hard drive to boot it up. And it only show the black screen with the dell startup and show bios under it in a sentence, and it says F2 for boot set up, and F12 for something else, I forget. And the thing wont let me hook up a keyboard, it will only give it power for 10th of a second. if you can help, please help.

A:My Windows Vista Home Basic computer wont boot up correctly.

Hi JOSEPHLAPINSKI,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please run the on-board diagnostics <F12> and capture any error code or message you receive.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19759156
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm in a similar situation as this guy:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1008546-how-replace-vista-full-windows.html

except when I boot up my disk, I only get to the 2nd step:

2) Progress Bar:
The next screen is a more graphical progress bar indicating Windows 7 is still working in the background.

it wont go past this screen.

The same thing happens when I boot it up normally(without the disk for windows 7 home premium), only with the disk in it has the windows 7 rather than the vista look.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

A:Solved: Replacing windows vista home premium with windows 7 home premium

Hi,
You've got this thread started too http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1008564-laptop-hangs-loading-bar-screen.html

Is that one now solved too? You've marked this one solved, could you explain how you solved it in case others need to solve the same problem sometime in the future?

Thanks

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replacing-windows-vista-home-premium-with-windows-7-home-premium.1008999/
Relevancy 56.33%

I installed a new wireless router(Vizio) today. I have a Dell Windows 7 Professional pc, and HP Vista pc, and a Lenovo XP netbook. All 3 had no problem connecting to the internet after the installation of the new router. However, within the home network, the Windows 7 pc can't see the Vista pc. Previous to the new router, this problem did not exist. The Vista pc can see the Windows 7 pc and can print on the printer connected to the Windows 7 pc.

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 pc can't see Vista pc on home network

Info from Microsoft on Windows 7 file sharing -

Networking home computers running different versions of Windows
Enable file and printer sharing
Share files with someone
File sharing essentials
File and printer sharing: frequently asked questions

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-pc-cant-see-vista-pc-on-home-network-554137.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Last week I got a good helping of Mytob on my computer and it took down my whole Windows Pro, and it is Blue screen now. I bought a copy of OEM Vista Home, and I Formated my HDD.

When I went to instal Vista it got to the section past the HDD choice, and then said it could not start up the engine or somthing of that nature. I was wondering if my HDD is shot, or is my Copy of Vista shot.

Relevancy 56.33%

Is the install of this version identical to a non OEM version in that you put in the disk drive and a menu etc comes up?

Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

New to forums---- I believe there is a worm deep inside my system. I get wierd emails using my NAME and my email friends NAMES. I have had 2 service people "Clean this machine" several times, and this still happens. I also get blue screens and "Failure to Start" errors. I do have the best Norton System and it tells me everything is O.K. This has been going on for 2 years. CAN ANY ONE HELP ???????
19dick38
ThanksTech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista&#8482; Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152626 MB, Free - 89640 MB;
Motherboard: ECS, Alhena5
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, Tech Support Guy community. My college is offering an amazing deal on windows 7 and I am thinking about picking it up ($30). It gives me two options, Windows 7 home premium or windows 7 professional. I currently run Vista home premium 32-bit edition. I know that an "upgrade" from 32-bit to 64-bit is not possible, but when I select the option of windows professional, it states that it will need a "custom" install (which I interpret to be fresh/clean install). Given this fresh install, is it then possible to finally upgrade to a 64 bit edition of windows (finally getting all 4 gigs of my RAM)? Thus could I be safe in purchasing the 64-bit edition of Windows 7 Professional and upgrading to it from the Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit edition via the "custom install"?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope I made enough sense for everyone.

A:Solved: From Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 (32-64)

...and it works! For those of you who decided to get the academic discount upgrade of Windows 7 you can upgrade from vista home premium 32-bit to windows 7 64-bit (I am unsure if this will work with windows 7 Home Premium edition as I chose Windows 7 professional). I was able to create an image of the download. I then backed up all important information, restarted computer and followed the steps (ensure to choose custom install). It has worked great for me, and I am really enjoying windows 7.

Here is the link for the tutorial on how to turn the Academic Discount download into a bootable image: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-student-d-l.html

I hope this helps anyone who had the same questions as me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-from-vista-home-premium-to-windows-7-32-64.870804/
Relevancy 56.33%

well heres my problem

i have a Windows Vista Home Premium, i got it about 2 months ago

ive heard that other people have been able to install Warcraft 3 on it so im assuming its possible

when i first tried to install it said "need directx 9.0 or higher" somethen like that

so i took care of that and now its good

but now it says "windows NT is not supported for war3"

so is there anything i can do or is it hopeless?

Relevancy 55.9%

As the title suggests, I want to upgrade to my machine to Windows 64 bit doing a clean install. I was wondering though, since I have two physical drives installed, (one for the os and the other for media) will it just erase the contents of the drive I install it on or will it erase the contents of both drives? Thanks for any help on this.

A:Solved: Upgrading from Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium to Windows Ultimate 64 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-upgrading-from-windows-vista-32-bit-home-premium-to-windows-ultimate-64-bit.1124237/
Relevancy 55.9%

The Laptop model number is Gateway MT6916, I partition the drive using windows vista, then proceed to install windows 7. Windows 7 finished installing then rebooted, the odd thing about was that there was no bootloader (for dual booting). The laptop booted into the gateway recovery instead. I check the Bcdedit just using the command prompt from the gateway recovery and everything seem to listed fine with the exception that windows 7 identifier is <default>. I tried repairing the startup for vista and windows 7 but it still keeps booting to the gateway recovery? Windows Vista Home Premium is under C: and Windows 7 is under D:
Laptop Specs:
Processor Intel® Core 2 Duo processor T5250
1.5 GHz | 1 MB L2 cache | 667 MHz FSB
Chipset Intel® GM965
Display panel 15.4-inch WXGA (1280 × 800)
Memory 2048 MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2 × 1024)
Operates at 667 MHz
Total slots: 2 DDR2 slots | Available slots: 0 DDR2 slots
Video controller Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
Up to 384 MB of Dynamic Video Memory

Thanks

David

A:Solved: Having Trouble Dual Booting Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows 7 ultimate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-having-trouble-dual-booting-windows-vista-home-premium-and-windows-7-ultimate.895986/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to understand if the Microsoft XP for Utility my Windows ? the working XP Is Edition Up properly Back Home Solved: Home Edition Backup Utility that I installed from my installation CD is creating a corrupt bkf file after I Solved: Is the Back Up Utility for my Windows XP Home Edition working properly ? use that utility After I located the NTbackup msi folder installed it and starting it I selected the boxes for the personal files I wanted to back up and then save in a destination I chose on the hard drive After exiting the Back Up utility I went to that destination and all of the files I checked weren t there There was just one bkf file that got saved All of the backed-up personal files I checked off while I was running the Back Up Utility had apparently never made it to the destination I chose but this one particular file which has that type of icon that opens with an unknown application was there Does this mean that the bkf file I saved using the utility is corrupted I can t find anywhere in all of the Microsoft knowledge Base library if this is how the file is supposed to be saved in Windows XP Home Edition on the hard drive If this file isn t corrupted how then do I upload all of the personal files onto a CD if wanted to from this one bkf file because the file that got saved doesn t open nbsp

A:Solved: Is the Back Up Utility for my Windows XP Home Edition working properly ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-the-back-up-utility-for-my-windows-xp-home-edition-working-properly.1041259/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am running vista home basic on a packard bell I recently bought,the machine has had very little use and now comes up with a black screen with a moveable cursor when I boot up I cannot get into safe mode or any of the other options at boot up as they deliver the same black screen with moveable cursor,I did not recieve any discs with this machine when I bought it new but I did make a recovery cd in anticipation of problems,,I updated with the latest available service packs about 4 days ago,really just want to know how to get the thing to boot from cd so I can utilise the recovery disk I think many thanks in anticipation Neil BTW I did see something on the same subject and same symptoms last night just before going to bed but cannot find the thread any more

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista Home basic BSOD

You have to change the BIOS firing order to make the DVD drive 1st in line.

Try F2 or F10 or F12 during boot-up. One should get you in the BIOS screen. Then change the boot order to DVD drive 1st; hard drive 2nd.

The BIOS screen looks similar to this -

/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-vista-home-basic-bsod-422766.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi!

I need a little advice please. At work we bought in a Hewlett Packard PC for a project we are doing which was pre-loaded up with Windows Vista Home Basic.

It soon transpired that the application we needed to run on this machine will not work with this version of Vista!

I've since purchased a Windows XP Pro with a view of removing Vista and installing the XP Pro.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this as I have never done it before. Could someone offer me some advice or direct me to where I can get help?

Would it be better if I set it up to Dual Boot? (Not that I know how to do that either, but I am aware of the theory)

I need to get this PC sorted before the end of the week so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Kind regards,

Dave :0)

A:[SOLVED] Remove Windows Vista Home and Install XP Pro

Do it like this:

Turn on the PC, go into the bios of the machine, select boot device, select CD ROM,put the xp cd in the drive.
Press F10 and save the settings.
when the computer boots it will see the cd, follow the prompts, i would suggest keeping the vista partition if it is taking up little space, that way you can go back to vista if you want at a later time.
If not, delete the partition and install XP.
You will be prompted to delete the partition, selct that and select quick format.
Follow the prompts and you will be installing xp again.

Best of luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-remove-windows-vista-home-and-install-xp-pro-401270.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I used ntbackup when I was on XP and was able to fully recover from two crashes by restoring that file.

Now I'm on Vista and I'm concerned that my entire C: drive is backed up by using System Backup/Restore and Windows file backup.

I look at the files backed up on my external drive and cannot find (for example) the Program Data folder.

I don't understand the "shadow backup" technology. Can I fully restore my system and C: drive using System Restore in conjunction with Windows Backup/Restore?

Relevancy 55.47%

Ok so here s the story I m working on my boss s computer Solved: Windows install won't Vista Home Premium from the store He is running this config Windows Vista Home Premium eMachines GT Intel Pentium D Processor GB Sata II HD MB RAM He said Microsoft Update popped up with important update Solved: Windows Vista Home Premium won't install so he went ahead and updated it On reboot it started with a black screen and some numbers came up like it was scanning files and on one of the DLL files it would stop with some x C F or something error Rebooted again and it came up with Startup Recovery so he went ahead and went through with it and let it do it s thing It came up with an error saying it could not complete because of a bad driver So he rebooted and it came up with it again No matter how many times he would reboot it d want to do start startup recovery If he would start windows normally the numbers would show but it d be a different error and different file each time Also booting into Safe Mode will not work same thing happens Last Known Good Configuration does not work due to the same problem I recommended a clean install after I was able to grab his important files off the HD with SystemRescueCD However each time I insert the eMachine s restore CD and click on quot Install Now quot at the OS install screen it would go to quot Please Wait quot and the mouse icon would turn to an hour glass This is where it stops and won t go any further I ve tried multiple times I even went as far as hooking up the HD to another computer and restoring it that way with the disk but to no avail I also tried a separate OS install cd and it does the same thing Any ideas as to what the heck is happening and how I could fix it or get a workaround Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Vista Home Premium won't install

It could be 2 things, the HD is failing. or Ram is failing.

To check out the RAM, go download memtest : http://www.memtest.org/ ,boot the CD and run it overnight.

To check out the HD, boot with the Vista DVD and get to the recovery command prompt, then run 'chkdsk /f'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-home-premium-wont-install.976905/
Relevancy 55.47%

I bought a fujitsu s6231 notebook computer. It had a non-valid copy of windows vista. I want to install a copy of Windows XP Pro, so it is back to its RTM state. But when I boot from the disk, it says it cant read the disc or the disc is not a genuine Windows disc. I can assure you it is valid. so I researched and came to the conclusion that i need to wipe the hard drive and boot from the disc again. Am I correct? i also downloaded all the drivers I need, but how will i install these drivers on the notebook? unfortunately, I cannot get my money back for the notebook. I would appreciate any advice on this, I think Im going to use Darik's Noot and Nuke to wipe the hard drive and start over, is this a good idea?

A:Bought a notebook computer online and it came with a pirated version of windows vista home basic

use a flash drive and install the drivers and i dont think boot and nuke is necesary you can if you want but when you reinstall windows it will format it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308972/bought-a-notebook-computer-online-and-it-came-with-a-pirated-version-of-windows-vista-home-basic/
Relevancy 55.04%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm e Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Premium Vista Solved: Home Windows Windows 7 to Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Solved: Windows Vista to Windows 7 Home Premium SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled I want to install Windows home premium on my existing older HP PC and use it for my operating system and eventually getting rid of Vista altogether I was going to buy and install a GB SSD drive and use it solely for the windows install I am confused after looking at the Windows Home Premium choices on the internet from eBay to the online stores My confusion stems from what version I need OEM etc where to buy it without buying a pirated copy and exactly what to buy I see that eBay seems to have the most choices but I quot m not savvy enough about software and computers to make a good choice For example I see this listing that seems good on eBay http www ebay com itm Microsoft-Windows- -Home-Premium- - -Bit-Full-Version-Upgrade-SP -NEW- pt LH DefaultDomain amp hash item e c of Windows Home Premium Titled as Microsoft Windows Home Premium - Bit Full Version amp Upgrade SP NEW but I m just not sure I have tried to figure it about by using GOOGLE but still confused Thank you for any help you can give me nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

_default.pif is missing from my computer. i dont know where its meant to be but it isnt there. i think its meant to be in c/windows/
theres a shortcut to it there but it wont work cuz _default.pif is missing. does any one have it?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All Please bear Windows Screen Home Solved: Premium Blue Vista with me I m somewhat of a noob with this stuff Out of nowhere today my computer I have a dell inspiron running Vista Home Premium Edition stopped working and a Blue Screen popped up with the following codes X E xC x cd c x B x C I tried seveal startup repairs to no avail After one of the failed startup repairs I wrote down the following problem detail info not sure if this is helpful Problem Signature Problem Event Startup Repair V Problem Signature Autofailure Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature x e Problem Signature x e Problem Solved: Blue Screen Windows Vista Home Premium Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature system restore Problem Signature OS Version Locale ID I also ran a Memory Diagnostic Tool and it passed Does anyone have Solved: Blue Screen Windows Vista Home Premium any suggestions for what I should try next Or any other bit of info I need to provide to help diagnose Please remember I am a noob If you do have a recomendation for me please provide as much detail as possible I apprciate any help that is offered Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Have a toshiba laptop that a friend brought over to me.Running real slow but he said ran avg and several other scans and it was clean.I didn't even hook to internet yet and now it is stuck in an infinite loop of configuring updates.reaches 100% then reboots over and over.Tried to get in safe mode and same thing.Sure he doesn't have a operating system disk.Think thats what i need.Read it could be caused from a microsoft update.Any ideas?

A:Solved: Windows vista home premium wont boot

Have you tried the repair option or last known good configuration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-home-premium-wont-boot.745597/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am running Vista Home Basic w/ SP1 on a Compaq Presario SR2168HM w/ 2Gb Ram. I launched Windows Memory Diagnostics from the Start Menu. it discovered no problems on 2 passes. Now the Memory Diagnostics resides in the System Tray permanently. I can not seem to turn it off. I have tried to find it in System Config, Services, and Programs and Features. I can find no where to turn it off so that it will not stay on the Systray. Can anyone give me a clue as to how to turn it off with out doing a reinstall of Vista. I did a System Restore to a time just before I ran Memory Diagnostics to no avail. TIA for any help. BTW I am somewhat new to Vista. I have only been running it on this Computer for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Relevancy 55.04%

My CD/DVD player is not working. It freezes after inserting a disk and eventually gives an error message saying "enter disk" or "cannot read". I've tried windows fixit and checked the lightscribe updates and drivers, no problem found. It malfunctioned before eventually not working at all. The computer is 3 yrs old.

A:CD/DVD LIghtscribe player not working on windows vista HP computer

Is the CD/DVD player working in other machines?
If not, then I guess its the problem of the drive and it should be replaced.
But you better contact the HP service centre before doing so....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-lightscribe-player-not-working-on-windows-vista-hp-computer.1008665/
Relevancy 55.04%

my friends bought a notebook acer extensa and the OS installed was windows vista home basic.unfortunately he encountered viruses that kills the windows...he reformat he replace the windows vista home premium..since he dont have the windows recovery...the notebook works but he encountered some problems like the desktop display is too dark..well ofcourse from 64 bit turns to 32 bit colors...and the ethernet doesnt work anymore..he did try to download the drivers but when he run the driver its error...he also updated the hard ware but still didnt work...does it need to upgrade also the bios or any suggestion pls...thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-home-basic-to-vista-home-premium.906099/
Relevancy 54.18%

Over the last couple of days I have receieved BSODs in what Home-Build BSOD old on 1-month is far too short amount of time to not be worried As I do BSOD on 1-month old Home-Build not know much about error codes and such I figured I'd bring up my problem on a forum and hope somebody can help me My pc was built around month ago and has no had any problems during this time But still lately I receieved the dreaded BSODs while not doing anything particularly demanding One time I was just watching Friends and reading some things online and the last time it happened I just had music playing on it while I was playing on PS Here are the error codes from Windows report Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF D CF BCP FFFFF BE BCP FFFFF BE ED OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users St phane AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml If you BSOD on 1-month old Home-Build need to to kow system specs they can be found on my profile and I have also included all dmp files in my minidump folder PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP thanks in advance

A:BSOD on 1-month old Home-Build

Quote: Originally Posted by steppan

Over the last couple of days I have receieved 3 BSODs in what is far too short amount of time to not be worried. As I do not know much about error codes and such, I figured I'd bring up my problem on a forum and hope somebody can help me.

My pc was built around 1month ago and has no had any problems during this time. But still, lately I receieved the dreaded BSODs while not doing anything particularly demanding. One time I was just watching Friends and reading some things online, and the last time it happened I just had music playing on it while I was playing on PS3.

Here are the error codes from Windows report:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88003D43CF7
BCP3: FFFFF88008BE4668
BCP4: FFFFF88008BE3ED0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061511-25006-01.dmp
C:\Users\St?phane\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48859-0.sysdata.xml

If you need to to kow system specs they can be found on my profile and I have also included all 3 .dmp files in my minidump folder.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!

thanks in advance

2 of 3 related to your video driver.

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169329-bsod-1-month-old-home-build.html
Relevancy 54.18%

After googling a bit it seems this is only intended to be possible after you have windows loaded then there are commands you can run to activate the Admin account at login screen.

However I can't get past the login screen because my customer forgot the password. Format & reinstall of Windows is to be used only as a last resort per her instruction. The Administrator account password is probably blank, I just can't log in with it.

I have an idea... what if I take the hard drive out and access the files using a another computer? Is there a way to edit the registry or enable the Administrator account at welcome screen by modifying those settings via direct manipulation of the files?

I usually use Windows Key Enterprise for this, has cleared passwords in something like 7 of 8 cases. Unfortunately it gives an error about a corrupted registry or something in this case. :(

A:[SOLVED] Enable Administrator account in Windows Vista Home Premium?

Just tried NTpasswd which is supposedly the best for resetting Vista passwords, but it fails to mount the partition correctly. For some reason it is reporting as FAT16 even though it is almost certainly NTFS. The program attempts to mount FAT / FAT32 etc. then of course fails. Googling suggests the only way to fix this would be a MBR editor (extremely risky) to change the reported partition type from FAT16 to NTFS... Sledgehammer anyone?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-enable-administrator-account-in-windows-vista-home-premium-516371.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am currently working on a pc and in need of a copy of the Sony Vaio OEM version of Windows Vista Home Premium. I can't do anything with this laptop til I have a copy due to the amount of viruses it's also missing System files. I can't access Windows in safe mode either.

There is also no recovery drives on this laptop and the user does not have recovery media also.

If someone can tell me where to get a copy that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Need copy of Sony Vaio OEM Windows Vista Home Premium!!

Contact Sony, manufacturers will usually sell replacement disks for around $20.

Are you sure it does not have a recovery partition?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-need-copy-of-sony-vaio-oem-windows-vista-home-premium-515317.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Which one would you start out with to make it the easiest? Would you use the linksys router setup disk on the XP computer or the Vista computer.? I have Used a linksys router before and setup XP TO xp on a router but not Vista.
Could someone describe for me step by step what is the easist way to set up the Linksys router on an XP to Vista or Vista to Xp computer to network them. I have not done to muich on a Vista computer but know my way around pretty good on XP I would appreciate someones help in how to do it and which one to start with the xp or the vista computer. Thanks

A:Solved: Windows XP Home & Vista--Networking with Linksys Router--Have some questions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-home-vista-networking-with-linksys-router-have-some-questions.647782/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have no idea why my computer is extremely slow. Takes forever to open a webpage, to download attachments, videos, Youtube and keeps constantly loosing the wireless conection. I am using a EXTERNAL LINKSYS CISCO WIRELESS DEVICE. Being so slow is already driving me crazy. Please help me to find a solution, Thanks!!!
Here are the specs:​DELL INSPIRON 531S​​​​4.00 gb RAM​​64 Bit Operation​​Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.60 GHz​​ Windows Vista Home Premium SP 2​​

Relevancy 54.18%

First it displays error msgs re delayed write failed-data lost-event log write failed also It then boots to the blue screen Try to boot from the floppy rescue disc and get NTLDR is missing Booting from w kp setup for Solved: crached 4th a in time month Windows installing sata drivers and repairing the OS fixes it I suppose setup is running chkdsk At first it seemed that Comodo antivirus beta was Solved: Windows crached for 4th time in a month causing the problem since the error screens mentioned the program Got rid of it and all was fine for a week or so Then last night it crashed while emule was running and emule was mentioned in the error msgs Btw the Solved: Windows crached for 4th time in a month sys evevt log is corrupt now and the rescue disc boots ok running w kp on a MSI sata MB gb sata hds mb ram Avg antivius finds no problems a neither did Comodo av Aside from the obvious question WTF is causing this I m wondering if it might be a good idea to install a backup OS to boot from in case the windows repair fails The OS is on a small Gb partition Can I create a small partition on the remainder of the drive containing the OS and install either w kp or dos or will I have to format the first sata and install both OSes on the same partition Now that I have the hang of it its an easy thing to fix- just takes a bit longer to boot The big question is is a problem going to develop that w kp setup cant repar Thanks Believe I can mark this one solved Apparently the Emule temp folder which was on drive C was too big to fit on it Apperently this was the same problem with Comodo which checks your system and sends unknown files to them for checking As I recall this was a very large file too So the problem is that the OS and program file partition was too small Moving emule temp to another partiion ought to fix it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-crached-for-4th-time-in-a-month.680469/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I'm running a dual-core system w/ a gigabye s5, amd 6600, 2x 7900GTs, 2Gb XMS2, and a 500W truepower i think...

anyway, i just bought vista home premium, installed it pretty much without a hitch, but the only thing is, in my nVidia control panel, i cant find where to turn on SLI.

im using the 100.45 nvidia drivers, i've heard they worked.

also, when i go into my device manager, it shows both cards are there, but one has a yellow ! on it. when i go to that card and try to install the drivers, it says that it's already up to date.

please help!

thanks

jon

A:SLI not working with vista home

look in the bios to see if it has to be turned on,also redirect the g-card from device manager to the drivers in windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sli-not-working-with-vista-home-226553.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I do not know why System Restore in my Windows Vista Home Basic system is not functioning properly. This means that I can not use System Restore because it is not working. I want to create a restore point on my computer before I try to install third-party visual themes on my computer.

The error says:

"The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working. For more information, view the event log. (0x81000202)"

What does this error mean? How can you fix it? What is the event log, and how can you view it? Can anyone help me and answer my questions?

A:Solved: System Restore does not function properly in Windows Vista Home Basic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-restore-does-not-function-properly-in-windows-vista-home-basic.977195/
Relevancy 53.75%

i recently got windows vista home premium and decided to upgrade my windows xp home edition SP3. It was going great until it needed to complete the upgrade. Up ntil 64% all was well. But once it hit 64% for awhile the computer shut down. After it shut down on its own i rebooted it and it said "upgrade unsuccessful. restoring your previous windows and settings. Do not turn off or restart your computer." I really want to know how to install it without any problems and i need help. Anything will be good and appreciated!
I have a Compaq Presario C301NR whit 2gigs of ram and 320gig HD. I still have the disc and everything and the computer was not harmed. After it shut down on its own

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-in-windows-vista-home-premium-upgrade-from-windows-xp-home-edition-sp3.834046/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All,

I am tyring to install Everest Home 2.20 in Vista Home Premuim 64bit, the program installes fine but when I try to use the program I keep getting an error come up. See attached pciture.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 26706195ll5.jpg

Any one know of a way to resolve this error?
Many Thanks,

Wizkid

A:Everest Home 2.20 not working in Vista

Hi wizkid,

It is telling you that it needs a newer version of Everest

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/software/192488-everest-home-2-20-not-working-vista.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Vista Home premium is getting worst -lost files and constant error messages .I have another hard drive and I am thinking of going back to XP but being able to switch to vista when I want to. can someone tell me how to do this and is it ok to switch from one OS to another .I really think I need to do this Vista is not liking my game aplications and I believe that is what is corupting the OS vista I had no problems with these games on XP and the games are what I am in to mostly besides work and I would like to use Vista for my at home business

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-premium-not-working-and-225310.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ever since I installed Vista Home Basic in my PC, my Mic (normal wired type) does not work. It was working perfectly earlier with Windows98. The connected Mic is not recognised at all under Sound/Recording - it says "No audio devices are installed" ("Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices" - both are checked).

I understand many have faced this problem and have solved it by updating the correct Sound Card Driver for Vista. If this is indeed true, can someone help me as to how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 53.32%

Can someone tell me how to fix the problem of no icons in my computer?

You can go to windows explorer and access C drive or D drive or the others but when you open My Computer-where it usually had the C:\drive and the cd-rom drive etc it just shows the little flashlite lookiing for them but never finds them. Is there something I can do to get the icons back into my computer?

Windows XP Home SP2

Relevancy 53.32%

I have read other threads that had similar headings but did not find a solution. I can not right click on my desktop to do anything with properties. I cannot right or left click on any of my icons. I can go to the start menu and access things that way. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit operating system. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Cats

Relevancy 53.32%

I am stressed I have made sets of recovery disks on HPs and Gateways etc A friend of mine just bought an Acer computer Vista Where does he go to make his set of recovery disks in case he ever needs them like Start gt Accessories gt systemtools or where do you go I can t find it then also he bought the computer at wal-mart when you buy from a store like that it should already be activated shouldn premium-where Windows find recovery Solved: place the home Vista to you to disks make t it and my last question is it came with sticks of RAM GIG Each the computer has slots for ram The guy at wal-mart sold him anther gigs of ram but on one stick With slots and the first two haveing gig sticks in them shouldn t he add two more stick of one gig each to make his gigs the gig stick they game him doesn t look like the first two it is as long but only half as wide Solved: Windows Vista home premium-where to find you place to make the recovery disks as the two that arre in the computer anyway I put is serial number in the acer site and it won t let me pull nothing up so I can check on this stuff It is a B IT SAYS ASPIRE M Can someone at least help with where to make the recovery disk at on this acer nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Vista home premium-where to find you place to make the recovery disks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-home-premium-where-to-find-you-place-to-make-the-recovery-disks.742640/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a problem getting my wireless bit home premium computers computer premium bit home on ultimate bit vista 32 64 a vista printing printing on a canon mx printer that's hooked up to a Vista ultimate bit computer I keep getting the error x f on one of them and another says that the printer driver is not the correct version I have installed the bit canon driver 32 bit vista home premium printing on a vista ultimate 64 bit computer on the Desktop where the printer is actually hooked up the desktop is wireless also I 32 bit vista home premium printing on a vista ultimate 64 bit computer downloaded the bit drivers for one of the laptops and installed it That's when I started to get the error message I then downloaded the bit driver for the same laptop and installed it because I That's the one I'm getting the error message on The other laptop has the bit driver from before I upgraded the desktop to ultimate bit Anyway anyone have any ideas on how I can get them to talk If not I'm going to have to go back to Ultimate bit and if that doesn'tork back to home premium bit I really would rather not do that for obvious reasons Any feedback would be appreciated Rick

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190307-32-bit-vista-home-premium-printing-vista-ultimate-64-bit-computer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I had the Vista HD Audio driver installed and updated to IDT as it is an Intel motherboard. There is not a very good manager with IDT but it says it is connected. I tried front and back jacks and every combination available. The mic does not work. I tried installing Realtek AC97 for Vista but it says it's not signed and will not accept install it anyway. I tried every permission I could think of to no avail. The mic works fine on my XP SP2 computer but not on the Vista one. Any ideas?

A:Microphone not working in Vista Home Premium

I figured it out. Turn off all extra programs, antivirus, etc. Get the motherboard type, go to the manufacturer's site and d/l the driver. In device manager, uninstall the old driver and delete the driver files. Run the new driver and have device manager install it. re-boot. Voila!!! It worked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microphone-not-working-in-vista-home-premium-207463.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I had the Vista HD Audio driver installed and updated to IDT as it is an Intel motherboard. There is not a very good manager with IDT but it says it is connected. I tried front and back jacks and every combination available. The mic does not work. I tried installing Realtek AC97 for Vista but it says it's not signed and will not accept install it anyway. I tried every permission I could think of to no avail. The mic works fine on my XP SP2 computer but not on the Vista one. Any ideas?

A:Microphone not working in Vista Home Premium

Some mics just won't work with vista. Like they are not compatable or something. I have like 4 and only one of them works with vista. Yet if I use my XP (I have a dual boot system) all will work. I can't tell you how to fix it though sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-not-working-in-vista-home-premium.666607/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having problems getting my autoplay to operate for my xd card and discs. I am running on a dell Inspion 1521 with Vista home premium. I upload photo's on a daily basis and this is cramping my style since I have to copy the photos from the drive and then past in to my picture folder.

I have checked the autoplay function under the hardware settings for autoplay and it is set up correctly. I have changed one registry key that got changed but still not autoplay.

Anyhelp at this point will be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-home-premium-autoplay-not-working.1038161/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello guys I am experiencing a bad problem with wmp and IE the embeded WMP that appears in Internet Explorer used to watch streaming media for vista home premium has dissapeared home OS: embeded working wmp IE7 . for Vista premium. not in place of it there embeded wmp for IE7 not working . OS: Vista home premium. is just a black box embeded wmp for IE7 not working . OS: Vista home premium. with a small embeded wmp for IE7 not working . OS: Vista home premium. red X on its top left There are no controls for the wmp embedded I tried to contact the sony Vaio staff the pc is a sony vaio and they couldnt help me either they only asked me to use my system retore and take the pc to an earlier date i did so but the problem still persists It used to work fine earlier it has just stopped working fine a few days back there is no error message coming up either I am also unable to uninstall wmp since its a part of the operating system in vista and does not appear on the uninstall repair list I do not want to re format the entire C drive in order to get back that stupid player is there is any other way around it please let me know I really need this feature in order to watch my university lectures which are in the form of streaming media which opens only in the windows media player All your help will be highly appretiated nbsp

A:embeded wmp for IE7 not working . OS: Vista home premium.

This article addresses the problem you are having:

http://www.smartcomputing.com/edito...cle=articles/2006/s1704/22s04/22s04.asp&guid=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/embeded-wmp-for-ie7-not-working-os-vista-home-premium.567639/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hyperlinks do not work in Windows Mail and short cuts on the desktop. Please help!! THANKS - - RON

A:Hyperlinks not working in Vista Home Edition

Hello Ron, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Double check to make sure that Internet Explorer is set as the default program with all of it's associations (specifically: URL) set to in Default Programs.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/246701-hyperlinks-not-working-vista-home-edition.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Trying to help someone here and never ran into this before For some reason she said it might have got hit by lightening why she says that she don t know and I have no idea anyway When you turn it on the light in the front of the computer that is green when you turn it on is not green it is the amber color and is blinking real fast constantly and the SP2-Question XP HOME Solved: Windows computer about good is if not or actual power button you push to start it also is flashing Nothing starts up YOu cannot hear the hard drive even try to boot or even run nothing on the monitor and I looked inside and the fan for the cpu is not working I think she probably had it running not knowing the cpu fan was not working and over heated everything but thats just a guess Has Solved: Windows XP HOME SP2-Question about if computer is good or not anyone got an idea what I can try to see if it will start or not I no she will have to get another cpu fan but does it sound like the hard drive is gone also Can someone give me a clue where to start Also one other thing you cannot turn it off you have to plug it in and thats when the amber lite comes on flickering Solved: Windows XP HOME SP2-Question about if computer is good or not and you can hold the power button in as long as you want it will not turn off you Solved: Windows XP HOME SP2-Question about if computer is good or not have to unplug it if that make any sense in helping me nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP HOME SP2-Question about if computer is good or not

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-home-sp2-question-about-if-computer-is-good-or-not.604353/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am trying to figure out if the battery is bad in a computer Turned it off how acts is windows home xp if Solved: someone battery bad?? me SP2-Can computer the tell a one night and all was well turn it Solved: windows xp home SP2-Can someone tell me how a computer acts if the battery is bad?? on the next day and the desktop is Solved: windows xp home SP2-Can someone tell me how a computer acts if the battery is bad?? differnt one home page went from google Solved: windows xp home SP2-Can someone tell me how a computer acts if the battery is bad?? to msn and the e-mail had to be redone from the start out look express No I am finding more and more things like the windows tour gude that normally comes up when windows is first put on starts coming up the files and settings transfer wizard shows up in the start menu even tho it was not used Spybot was already on the computer but went to start it and had to go through it like you were just putting it on the computer All these things can it mean something I updated and ran spybot and it caught one thing called minibug fixed it ran a full adware scan it caught nothing have antiviurs up to date this computer is clean as far as I can tell I have cleaned up a few of them ITS all that other stuff and it all just started up after the computer was shut down one night It was running fine and then shut it down and all this started happening Someone please help nbsp

A:Solved: windows xp home SP2-Can someone tell me how a computer acts if the battery is bad??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-home-sp2-can-someone-tell-me-how-a-computer-acts-if-the-battery-is-bad.616132/
Relevancy 52.89%

Helping a person with a Dell Dimension and has an error blue screen that says Stop c unable do Solved: can't sp2-error computer on get you he anything-can but Home Windows xp message to to locate component This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found Re-installing the application may fix this problem But you can t get anywhere on the computer I tried tapping F to get to safe mode if it would let me but it keeps saying keyboard failure Is there something else I should tap for a DELL computer to get to safemode Can someone help me with this Is there a way to Solved: Windows xp Home sp2-error message but can't get on computer to do anything-can you he get it going so I can find what is wrong Google says it is either SP or T V Media however I can t do anything unless I can get on it I tried putting in the DELL XP disk and then turned it on to see if it would boot but you can hear it running but it just brings up the blue screen with the errir on it Can someone help nbsp

A:Solved: Windows xp Home sp2-error message but can't get on computer to do anything-can you he

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-home-sp2-error-message-but-cant-get-on-computer-to-do-anything-can-you-he.502279/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have two Windows XP Home Edition installed on my computer. I want to remove one without removing the other. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 52.89%

I have tried everything I can think of with no success so I am posting this hoping someone else has a solution Starting this morning all of my USB drives USB Powered HDD Plug in USB HDD flash drives are showing up in Vista as drives get drive letter with no drive space Vista is insisting that all of them are formatted as RAW and that they need formatted I let it attempt to format one of my flash drives but it fails both in quick format and regular format with an error The drives all work in other machines Ubuntu Linux Windows and Windows XP and chkdsk can find nothing wrong with any of them However in Vista it insists there is something wrong with the drives In fact the one USB HDD has a Linux Windows working external drives not Vista USB [SOLVED] boot partition on it and boots Linux up with no hesitation I have also attempted to remove all USB drivers and reinstall them thinking this was similar to another problem I [SOLVED] Windows Vista external USB drives not working had when my docking station failed but this has not corrected the issue Needless to say I am now at the point where I want to throw the laptop across the room If anyone has a fix for this please let me know

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista external USB drives not working

I have a similar problem with a Flash Drive. Win Vista is giving me real headaches.
My problem I guess is a matter of drivers. I have a Kingston DataTraveler Minifun 4GB and when i plug it; Vista doesn't want to install the driver when trying to install from my HD. And when i ask it to look Online it says that can't find it.

If is not the same problem I'm sorry.
And if by any chance you can help I would thank you!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-external-usb-drives-not-working-241515.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My Vista machine has errors trying to download Program updates and trying to use Add/Remove programs. The Windows Installer won't start. Can I repair this without wiping out operating system?

Relevancy 52.46%

I have recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 5535 laptop. It has Windows Vista Home Premium (WVHP) installed.

The computer came with a number of programs that I am not interested in having on my system. In addition, I was not provided a restore disc. I do own a copy of Windows Vista Home Basic (WVHB).

I would like to keep WVHP as I appear to be eligible for an upgrade to Windows 7 . . . but I would like to reinstall to get rid of all these worthless programs. Can I use a WVHB disc with my new WVHP product key?

Could I install WVHB with the WVHB product key, then use the WVHP key supplied by Acer to upgrade?

Thanks for your time in answering my question. I hope it isn't unclear.

Thanks,

Jeremy

A:Windows Vista Home Premium Key Home Basic Discs

I believe that if you install with the Basic disc the process will offer you a choice
of versions. Choose Home Premium and complete the install. Activate with your
Acer's Vista Product Key.

Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239940-windows-vista-home-premium-key-home-basic-discs.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hey,
The search function doesn't work anymore on my daughter's laptop.
When she enters a name of a file the magnifying glass leaves for an 'x' and nothing happens.
Using advanced searched,messing with indexing don't work.
The "search" in windows explorer (explorer bar) is just a blank area.
We can't use scannow,laptop came up without windows disk.

Any workaround?
Thx in advance

(Sorry for the french,it's just vista home,we would have to upgrade (ultimate or professionnal) to change the language... lol)

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone,

Big problem is at hand, all my games have stopped working under Vista.
One game runs only but with physics glitches, thats Crysis.

I noticed this when I wanted to play Racedriver Grid, and it wouldn't start. So I thought maybe the game needs to be reinstalled, but no it didnt work.
Then after not being able to fix it in about 3 hours I gave up and wanted to play something else. And that didnt work either.
Now before anyone asks, what I installed....nothing. No driver updates, no antivirus, the machine isn't even connected to the internet. And one night I was playing and the next morning nothing worked.

Please help, if anyone encountered this problem.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I tried to find threads about this but could not find anything I have a Dell XPS M running Vista Home Premium When I start my computer I get this message quot BTTray exe - Unable to Locate Component This application has failed to start because Btballoon ddl was not found Re-installing the application may fix the problem on Vista isnt Home working Bluetooth Premium quot When I click ok I get this message quot Bluetooth Tray Application has stopped working Windows can check online for a solution to the problem Check online for a solution and close the program Close the program quot Bluetooth on Vista Home Premium isnt working For some reason the check online button doesn t do anything This also happens when I click on Bluetooth in the start menu I actually want to start using my bluetooth so I figured it had to be something with the driver I went to dell and downloaded the corresponding driver under my service tag and it pulled up my laptop It was called Wireless Bluetooth Module Bluetooth EDR I downloaded the driver to my desktop unzipped it and replace the old driver files selected yes to all to replace them It said quot All files were successfully unzipped quot I hit ok and received quot This installer be run on Windows Vista only quot When I go to run the setup for the driver it has an old date btw so it looks like the new files never downloaded the installshield wizard starts up but a window pops up in front of the installshield and says quot Please execute setup exe for install or upgrade quot Then It makes me click Finish in the installshield The flie I m clicking on to run this is C dell drivers R Win Inst exe I didn t know if it was a permission thing so I tried to run it as administrator but that had the same results Sorry this is so long and thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-on-vista-home-premium-isnt-working.884314/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi forum,
This (see below) happened to-day but the PC seemed to right itself shortly afterwards. I performed the following: 1. Memory Test, 2.ChDsk (files and recovery of bad sectors), 3. Seagate Hard Drive Tests, (4) Disc Defrag.
The unit now appears to be working perfectly but I am still worried by this event. Read somewhere that this often occurs with "bad RAM stick". I do not know what this means as I am not very technical. I have also plenty of RAM..4gb.

A:OS System stopped working. Win Vista Home Prem.

Hello and welcome.

Please follow the instructions in this tutorial.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289710-os-system-stopped-working-win-vista-home-prem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Installed oblivion on my laptop no problems ran it no problems played for 3 - 4 hours then shut down. Opened up computer started oblivion got the message Oblivion is not working windows will find a solution when you next go online. HELP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/oblivion-has-stopped-working-with-vista-home-premium-270904.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hello

my problem is that my adhoc wireless setup to use my wireless printer has decided to stop working.

when i try to connect it will disconnect the internet router connection but thats all.

the 'print' wirless connection only shows up on the connect to network page. not on the networks setup page.

the wireless printer is working fine on my other computer.

any ideas out there
thanks
ugotit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-home-wireless-adhoc-stopped-working-267976.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm pretty sure I ran a bad copy of malwarebytes and it did something to my DNS service.
No browsers will resolve names anymore, nor can I ping or traceroute to any named website from the command line. I can ping the DNS, and any other working IP  address,  though.

I can run dns services, and surf websites  from linux when i boot slax, or lubunto from a CD, just fine on the same network from the same PC. 

I've run several anti-virus programs against the windows system, and there appears no malware in it now. But the damage is done. Can anyone please help me methodically try to repair the problem?

What should I do first?

A:DNS Service not working properly - Vista Home Premium

Have you tried flushing the dns?

Open a cmd prompt and type this ipconfig /flushdns, I would then follow with ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew

Hopefully this will help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611079/dns-service-not-working-properly-vista-home-premium/
Relevancy 52.03%

If I click on Start and type a file name in the search box above the Windows icon I immediately get a response with possible files shown. If I go Start and click on Search on the right hand side the window opens but if I type in a file name in the search box nothing happens. There is no response at all. Has anybody got any ideas? I would be extremely grateful.
Thanks
minder1

Relevancy 52.03%

Long post alert I felt it better to post as much data as I could now instead of adding a bunch of posts later Hello I've built a computer but the Windows install is hitting a little snag computer: found. were on drives [SOLVED] 7 Windows No home-built During the install process the program doesn't identify my hard drive as a suitable place for installation I know there are a number of other threads on this topic but each one seems to have its own solution or solutions to the issue and it's a little overwhelming to decide where to start If you can give me a link [SOLVED] Windows 7 on home-built computer: No drives were found. to another that [SOLVED] Windows 7 on home-built computer: No drives were found. tells me how to fix this great Okay so I guess I'll start with [SOLVED] Windows 7 on home-built computer: No drives were found. the equipment specs The motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-Z X-D H LGA The CPU is an Intel Core i - K The hard drive is an HGST HDS CLA with GB of space OS is Windows Home Premium b SP That's all the pertinent info I think If you need anything else please feel free to ask As for the sequence of events PC is powered on with Win disc in DVD drive quot Windows is loading files quot Install home screen Selection of language time and keyboard method clicks quot next quot The quot Install now quot button clicks quot Setup is starting quot Agree to license terms Upgrade or Custom I select quot Custom quot as there is no Windows OS presently on the system This is where I get the problem On the quot Where do you want to install Windows quot screen I get a window where I should be able to select my HD This window is empty On the bottom is a yellow triangle exclamation mark with the message quot No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot Now if I click quot Load Driver quot it gives me the option to browse Here I can actually see the hard drive I think listed as quot Local Disc C quot If I click on the plus sign drop down button next to it I'm given a pop-up message which says quot You need to format the disk in drive C before you can use it Do you want to format it quot If I select quot Format disk quot I then get the following message quot Windows can't format C Check to see that the disk and drive are connected properly make sure the disk is not read-only and then try again For more information search Help for read-only files and how to change them quot When I look at the BIOS I can see that the HDD is recognized and listed as a boot option though there it is labeled as quot Hitachi quot instead of quot HGST quot I'm guessing the quot H quot stands for quot Hitachi quot So is it a drive formatting issue If so do you know how to resolve it Could it be that the HDD is only partially connected allowing it to show up in BIOS but not as an install destination Is it something else entirely I know a little bit about computers I'm glad I was able to build this one without bricking it but I'm by no means an expert and most jargon with the exception of quot bricking quot obviously and technical terms are lost on me I'm at a loss so I turn to the mighty Internet Again if any other information is required please let me know and I'll respond as quickly as I can Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 on home-built computer: No drives were found.

Start by going here: SimpleTech Legacy Downloads | Index files

Download the CD image burn the .iso to a cd, using a .iso compatible burning software like ImgBurn.

Boot from the CD, and DFT to check for any bad sectors, or other errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-on-home-built-computer-no-drives-were-found-686997.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I double-click on a .jpg image file nothing happens. When I right-click the photo and select Open With and select Windows Photo Gallery nothing happens. I've restarted Windows and still the problem persists.

The problem seems to have started when I unwittingly tried to view a .gif image by double-clicking it, which didn't do anything (because I didn't realize that Microsoft no longer supports this common format). I then opened Windows Photo Gallery and tried to open it through the program and nothing happened, of course. But since then it won't open my .jpg files in any fashion. Other programs, such as Photoshop and Paint open them just fine, but those programs won't let me thumb through a slideshow of pictures.

Maybe the release of SP1 will fix this?

Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Solved: Windows Photo Gallery (Vista) No Longer Working

Update:

After realizing that Windows Photo Gallery was only not working in this one directory I was trying to view photos in, I did some sleuthing to figure out why. I found the cause by process of elimination (although I have no understanding of it). I took out all the other files in the folder and copied them back in one by one until finally discovering that Windows Photo Gallery wouldn't open photos while this one file was in the folder. It was a normal .html link for Google Maps directions that I had saved a while back; it had no special characters in the name. There were other Google Maps links in there too, but Windows Photo Gallery only took issue with that one file. Wherever that file was, Windows Photo Gallery wouldn't open photos in that directory. I shouldn't think that Windows Photo Gallery should be concerned with links anyway, so this is beyond me. The solution for me was to just delete the directions, which I no longer needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-photo-gallery-vista-no-longer-working.691883/
Relevancy 52.03%

Since transferring my Access 2000/2002 databases to my new Computer running Windows Vista, Access Forms with Graphs/Charts no longer display the Graphs/Charts.
These charts were created using the Access Form "Graph Wizard" which uses Microsoft Graph 12.
Any new Graphs also do not display on the Forms, but when viewed in design mode they are there and show fully.
Has anyone else had any experience of this?

A:Solved: Access - Microsoft Graph Not working under Windows Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-microsoft-graph-not-working-under-windows-vista.701896/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I start internet explorer it starts and came out box with message ?It stop working?.
Problem signature:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16450
Application Timestamp: 503723f6
Fault Module Name: InfoAtomsClientIE.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.4.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50613ed5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000664b
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Please Help! How to fix it?

A:[SOLVED] Internet explorer 9 stop working on windows vista

"Fault Module Name: InfoAtomsClientIE.dll"

It's the InfoAtoms web browser plug-in that's causing the problem.
You therefore need to uninstall it. Instructions here: InfoAtoms | Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-internet-explorer-9-stop-working-on-windows-vista-673865.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Which tool or command part of Win7 home edition, will enable me to trace past logging in/out activites and from which user accounts?

Indeed, tools such as secpol.msc are not part of it(or where not activated)
See: Windows 7: What is Account Auditing And How To Enable It

Thanks

A:Win7 home edition - how to audit when & who logged in past week/month?

Try LastActivityView - run as admin or from an elevated shortcut.

Link to website: LastActivityView - View the latest computer activity in Windows operating system

Screenshot from my machine:

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/346758-win7-home-edition-how-audit-when-who-logged-past-week-month.html