Windows Support Forum

Solved: vertical line

Q: Solved: vertical line

hi, i switched my laptop today and realised a vertical line on the screen, what should i do to fix the problem, help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vertical-line.764236/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: vertical line

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.08%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am getting White Horizontal line on top of the screen.
I plugged out signal cable, those white horizontal line is gone. but I plug in switch cable, horizontal line appearing on top of the screen, so what's causing this?

A:White Horizontal line on top of the screen

Could u give some specs what monitor and video card, what operating system? what computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-horizontal-line-on-top-of-the-screen.208508/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am looking into getting a phone in-line noise filter for my 56K modem line (NOT DSL). But I'm not sure how well these things work.

I contacted the phone company and they recommended to get one to try, if it works. The "noise" is not coming from the house line, it is from the line in the street that can't be fixed (Says the AT&T/Verizon).

So a phone line noise filter is my option right now. How well do these things work?

Thanks for the help.

Scott

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-line-noise-filter.202826/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I start up my laptop I have this white line on the side of my screen and the rest of the screen is black
I've tried pressing f12 when the laptop turns on but it doesn't work

A:White line

Hi,

What laptop do you have? It would be much helpful to anyone here who might be able to help if you could provide more additional information about your laptop and other specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-line.202185/
Relevancy 23.65%

Operating System Windows Home Premium A few months ago I had purchased an INSTEN Composite AV Cable for Sony PlayStation and INSTEN mm Stereo to RCA Cable M F Inch Cm Black With these I connected the sound from my PlayStation through the Audio In jack on my computer This allowed for an audio transfer from PlayStation into computer and out the Speaker Jack in the back This has worked fine until February rd On February nd I had changed my W power supply for a W power supply Problem "In Audio Line" That day everything worked perfectly however the next day I heard a "In Line" Audio Problem humming and the sound was messed up I found out the cause was the power supply I changed out the new power supply for my old one Now my audio "In Line" Audio Problem is messed up I hear what sounds like an echo in the sound If I have the speaker volume set to I can hear the sound fine but only in the left speaker Any higher I hear interference and it sounds like it is being muffled The other problem is I can t play any music or sound without the Stereo Cable being plugged in Also the port is being labled as In Line in my Realtek HD Audio Manager If there is anything that I need to add let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-line-audio-problem.199925/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi
I get this DSL line into my house. It goes to the "DSL" connection on a Thomson TG546v-v7 Gateway. Then, a LAN cable goes from the "Ethernet" 1 connection on the Gateway to the "Internet" connection on a Linksys WRT54GH Router. The Internet Connection Type on the Router is set up as Static IP.

I'v read that the Gateway is to communicate between different network layers.
But would it be possible to set the Gateway up as a Router also?

When I connect my PC to the Ethernet connection on the Gateway, I get no IP and stuff, making it impossible to access the Gateway. How can I access a Gateway, without knowing IP?

Hope you can help me eliminate the Linksys Router, and get the Gateway to work as a router also

A:DSL line - Gateway - Router - PC (internet)

Hey SirBlaBla. Your Thompson gateway is a combo DSL modem and wired mode router. Just connect your pc to one of the 4 LAN ports on the Thompson. You might have to call your ISP if specific settings need to be changed because you are using DSL. If your phone service comes in over this DSL line, make sure you use a splitter to split the signal, with one side going to the Thomson, and the other side going to your phone. If used in this way, make sure you use a DSL filter after the splitter on the line that goes to your phone so it removes the DSL signal from reaching your phone. This Thompson unit does not have wireless capability, so all pc's must be connected by Ethernet cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-line-gateway-router-pc-internet.197068/
Relevancy 27.09%

hello guyz.
I transfer my desktop PC into a Toshiba Laptop with windows 7 .
recently I need strongly to record stream internet sounds.
I used "sony sound forge" and "system recorder" and another known programs but I can't reach to my destination.
recorded sounds quality is very low because this files recorded with microphone and I didn't want this.
my laptop soundcard has no "line in" or something related with this .
(in winxp with my pc I record my files with "LINE In" a lot of times".)
Now , how I can record stream files such as songs or other with best quality with a trick or program?

A:Line in recording problem in Toshiba laptop

Hi,
I know its a long time ago, but I have the same problem - did you get any response to this post and were you able to fix this issue?
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/line-in-recording-problem-in-toshiba-laptop.184408/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a T line at the small school I work at maximum of computers I ran line work T1 very at slow a speed test and received a Mbps I ran the same test at home and received a Mbps on a cable connection When T1 line very slow at work I ran the test at work there were only other people on a computer The school pays for the T line Part of that could be payment for actually running the line I think the connection hub was miles away We are in a remote part of PA so future options could be limited From what I know the overall Mbps is So if we have computers on the network does it work like this Mbps Mbps each Is T that slow I thought T was a good connection Has it just become old and outdated Why is it that years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T and we can t run a maximum of computers on it now nbsp

A:T1 line very slow at work

You should be asking your ISP these questions.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I will state my two cents. I think all the machines on the network uses what is known as timeshare. If only one machine needs access then all the bandwidth is alloted to this one machine. But if two machines need access, time is shared between the two machines. Timeshare is split between machines making data request. Once a machine is no longer sending data request, there is no need in timeshare being alloted for the machine. In other words there is no specific set speed for each machine on the network. Network traffic is controlled by how many machines are making network request at any given time.

Hallo104 said:

Why is it that 10 years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T1 and we can't run a maximum of 30 computers on it now?Click to expand...

This phenomenon you mention is the Internet evolving and requiring more bandwidth as it progresses. The Internet 10 years ago wasn't bloated with as many high bandwidth websites. Dial-up was probably still common and fully functional back then. I'd hate to even make a connection with Dial-up now, it would probably take 4 minutes, for a single web-page to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t1-line-very-slow-at-work.195746/
Relevancy 33.97%

Greetings I have a problem with my LED monitor and I m not sure where should this be posted either as hardware or software so I put it here The thing goes as follow I bought a samsung syncmaster SA LED monitor for my pc about a year and a half ago and so is now out of guarantee I havent had problems with it previously but recently vertical SA300 LED Flashing monitor samsung lines on flashing white stripes have started appearing on the display particularly when the monitor is showing black or dark colors and when I Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300 just turned it on Also it s been getting Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300 worse as time passes first it would only happen on first few seconds after turning it on but now it happens whenever dark colors are abundant on the screen wich makes me think this could be my monitor telling me it s about to die I would really apreciate if you could help me sort this out and if this is in fact a hardware issue if repairing is viable possible and it won t cost me more than half of the monitor original cost or if I should start saving for a new one crap I do recall having read on some tech magazine that LED monitors are more quot repairable quot than CRT and LCD ones so I can only hope it s not something bad Thank you very much in advance for whatever time and help you can provide me for my problem nbsp

A:Flashing vertical lines on samsung LED monitor SA300

Did you get this solved?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashing-vertical-lines-on-samsung-led-monitor-sa300.194974/
Relevancy 27.95%

If you see this in the image below you know time to send the monitor back to the maker for repair or replacement if it's still under warranty? If not the then it needs to be replaced. Image re-sized to fit here.

A:Yellow Line In the Monitor

It looks like the monitor is damaged, though to make sure, I would try your PC with a different monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yellow-line-in-the-monitor.194373/
Relevancy 27.09%

There is a flashing line or something at the top 1/8 of the screen on my Inspiron E1505. This usually comes out only when I'm watching videos online, like on youtube. However the weird thing is it doesn't happen at all when I watch videos I downloaded and watch with windows media player home edition. Can anyone help?

A:Really weird flashing line laptop screen problem

What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-weird-flashing-line-laptop-screen-problem.192353/
Relevancy 26.23%

Guys.my frnd has a broadband line 360kb=45KB.With this line can easily see the youtube videos in 480p.just gets buffer for 1-3 sec and no buffer next 3-4 minitues.I have 512kb=64KB line where it is almost impossible for me to watch video in 360p.I usually see in 240p.I get this speed constant always.I m amazed to see it.
Do u guys,have any explanation of this problem?
Thankss

A:No buffer in YouTube 480p video in 360kb broadband line but in 512kb Wimax

Other people on your home network, or your ISP sucks and isn't providing you with adequate speeds as advertised, or something on your PC is sucking down all bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-buffer-in-youtube-480p-video-in-360kb-broadband-line-but-in-512kb-wimax.191529/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I need some help pls.On the screen appeared some vertical lines and the computer goes very slow and pictures make waves when I move them.Also games go pretty bad with the exception of World of Warcraft that does not work at all and says "failed to find a suitable display device "

Windows XP Service Pack 2 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11
Motherboard: Micro-Star | | MS-7255
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 15 GiB total, 0,708 GiB free.
D: is FIXED (NTFS) - 218 GiB total, 72,918 GiB free.
E: is CDROM ()

A:Display issues, vertical lines and other distortions

First things first, have you tried reinstalling/updating your video card drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-issues-vertical-lines-and-other-distortions.184867/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I ve been searching all over for my with line network Configuring the fiber new help with a problem I m having and stumbled across this forum - really hope someone can help me I ve just had a leased line installed to provide me with a high speed internet connection It s a Mbps fibre pipe and Configuring my network with the new fiber line am trying to integrate it with my existing network of PCs and a printer Previously I had a line bonded ADSL connection using a Comtrend router which also acted as a DHCP server allocating IPs for all the machines The hardware that has been installed with the new line is a Cisco router which is managed remotely I have been provided with IP addresses and Configuring my network with the new fiber line it operates on a subnet of My original network runs on with the router as What I want to do if possible is use my Comtrend router or purchase a new one if I have to the same way it has been used before i e as the main hub which allocates the network addresses but have it connect to the internet via the new router as the ADSL Configuring my network with the new fiber line will soon be disconnected so that all the machines are connected to the fibre line at high speed How do I do this Thanks so much in advance Oliver nbsp

A:Configuring my network with the new fiber line

It sounds like what you will need to do is use the router in a "passive" mode. What i mean is simply keep your internal network as it is, but create a static route towards the new Cisco Router. The static route should probably be 0.0.0.0 with a subnet mask of 0.0.0.0. What this means is that anything destined to a destination the current router is unaware of, it passes it to the Cisco router which will then forward this onto the internet.

Does this make sense?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configuring-my-network-with-the-new-fiber-line.171882/
Relevancy 27.52%

Guess this is the right place to put this So I m tasking with trying to replace our -Line phone system for work Right now we have an RCA Executive Series systems basses model RE -A with a cordless tethered to each base and they system phone 4-Line expandable have served us well for the last or years But the cordless are dieing and some of the basses are getting cross talk between lines We found some replacement ones on eBay a few years back for a good deal and kept the phone system running for a few more years But the system is discontinued and finding more replacement handsets is hard and expensive I think they were about new for the cordless handsets and are going for or so So I m looking into a new -Line system for our shop But I don t really have much experience with them I m finding a lot of options but not much for info on which systems are good and which are crap I don t 4-Line expandable phone system want to try to screw with a Voip system would rather 4-Line expandable phone system stick with something I can hook into the existing phone jacks in the building So anyone have any experience with these and can point me towards a good one nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-line-expandable-phone-system.171397/
Relevancy 33.97%

Happy Labor day everyone I just got back from a day vacation to find that my dell monitor has some odd vertical lines showing up These lines do not show up on my second monitor an envision and they are incredibly annoying It seems that the lines appear depending on what window is running If I have the devices and printers window open there are random blue lines that go through my entire screen If I bring up the start menu then there are green yellow lines that go up to the height of the start menu not Odd lines E193FP on colored Dell monitor vertical the entire screen In Odd colored vertical lines on Dell E193FP monitor both cases the lines show up through the entire screen horizontally but not vertically but these are vertical lines I am unable to take a picture because a my camera sucks b these lines do not appear in screenshots Because of this and the fact that my other monitor does not have the problem I am assuming that the issue is the fact that the monitor is quitting on me I have had the monitor for a number of years so that would not surprise me I just want to get a second opinion on the subject Thanks guys nbsp

A:Odd colored vertical lines on Dell E193FP monitor

Have you tried switching out the cable? How old and what type is this monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-colored-vertical-lines-on-dell-e193fp-monitor.170403/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am upgrading my sound card. The one I mentioned in the subject line has has a microphone input, a headphone out and four RCA jacks. Where should I plug in my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers?

A:Where is the line out connection on the Creative Labs 70SB127000002 Sound Blaster XFi

If you don't feel like finding the manual, just play an mp3 or video in your favorite media player, and try out the plugs till you hear sound.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-the-line-out-connection-on-the-creative-labs-70sb127000002-sound-blaster-xfi.160388/
Relevancy 27.95%

Is this a good line conditioner? Where I live has a lot of small brown outs, would this protect my equipment?

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=36283&vpn=CP825AVRLCD&manufacture=CyberPower&promoid=1277

This price is so good I think I might put it in the hotdeals.

A:Is this a good line conditioner?

I have the 800avr version and find it effective for two systems, the modem & a router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-line-conditioner.159748/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 33.97%
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 27.52%

Does realtek 6.0.1.5898 have a line-in option ? I'm getting sound from my hi-fi amp through my computer speakers, and its volume is controllable through the keyboard,
but Audacity 1.3.12-beta! shows "error while opening sound device". Volume Mixer (Windows 7), Sound, shows FrontMic and Microphone only as recording devices. What can I do ?

A:Does Realtek 6.0.1.5898 have a line-in option?

Yes, downloadable

To answer my own question: get on to Acer (in my case) website, and download the HDMI driver for your computer model, soundcard and and version of windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-realtek-6-0-1-5898-have-a-line-in-option.157914/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi!

So I have an Acer (ugh) monitor which is a few years old. About two years ago I had a problem where there was a white (semi transparent) line that ran across the monitor about 1/3 of the way down the screen. It appears even on the Acer boot screen (i.e. before it gets video) so it should be a hardware problem with the screen.

It isn't black so it's not dead pixels, and it doesn't seem like stuck pixels either. It's almost like it's the connector at the side of the screen or something? I don't know too much about how precisely LCD monitors work though.

Does anyone have any ideas other than "buy another monitor" or "put up with it"? I'd greatly appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks!

A:Horizontal line on monitor

If you don't want to buy another monitor or put up with it then your only other option is to open the monitor up and look around. I would say its probably not a loose cable(you would have a much more noticeable issue if it were that). It could simply be a electronics failure or even a damaged cable. I believe most Acer monitors have a 3 year warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horizontal-line-on-monitor.155486/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey, I've got O2 Home Broadband and it comes through my phone line via a DSL cable which plugs into my router which is downstairs in the kitchen.I also have a phone line in my bedroom where I am now, and I was thinking if I brought the router upstairs in my bedroom and plugged the DSL cable into the phone line and into the router up here would I still have an internet connection? both phone plugs are on the same phone line with the same phone number, I'm hoping to have a wired connection to my PS3 as I've been having some connectivity issues lately.

If I've confused you

-I've got a router downstairs, internet comes through DSL (Phone line to router)
-Bring router upstairs, plug it into phone line up here
-Still get a connection?

A:I get O2 broadband through DSL (phone line)

As long as the phone line in the bedroom is an extension of the phone line downstairs, or the other way around your fine.

Remember you need a DSL filter in each phone line (which should already be fitted). So if your moving the modem/router upstairs, but leaving the phone line plugged in downstairs, you must connect the phone via the DSL filter.

So:

Downstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > Telephone plug

Upstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > modem/router (and phone if your connecting one too)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-get-o2-broadband-through-dsl-phone-line.151341/
Relevancy 33.54%

My Dell Latitude D630 freezes and has green vertical lines and also a wide line about 3-4 inches wide when i reboot. The laptop wont even load anymore. I am hoping that it is the video card or something. I have tried everything but have ran out of ideas. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

A:Dell Latitude D630 freezes and has green vertical lines

Safe Mode doesn't load, either?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d630-freezes-and-has-green-vertical-lines.143429/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello all I am new to the Forum but after a with out in Mic AC'97 and Line Problem and Audio ports Realtek week Problem with Mic in and Line out ports and Realtek AC'97 Audio of searching for answers I figured mine must be a unique problem I ve had a no sound problem with my PC at work for sometime programs and browsers have always run perfectly but with no sound I suspected a disabled sound card but the PC has a sound card built in on the MB and it has always been enabled My second solution was out of date drivers and after seeing a yellow explanation mark next to my sound device I downloaded the appropriate driver as well as the latest DirectX for my OS WindowsXP I then proceded to download all available codecs for my built-in sound card the Realtek AC Audio model Complete specs will follow So far no good but with these was installed the Multi-Channel Audio Configuration program by Realtek which enabled me to see that upon inserting my speakers into the line-out it was being detected as mic-in Bizarre I tried fiddling about trying line-out in and mic ports on the front and rear of the pc but in every case all that was recognized was a Powered Speaker in Mic-In connector Anyway I downloaded a few media players with visualisation to make sure that the PC was indeed generating sound and it wasn t just failing to comprehend audio files completely admittedly this should have been an earlier move But everything was Ready Ok and installed status wise So then I m fiddling about again and I try running the Realtek Audio Configuration s connection check whilst playing some mp files in wmp my speakers currently in line-in And for seconds whilst the test is commencing I hear the first sound this computer has ever produced but upon this tests completion and the result that the powered speakers are apparently connected to Mic In the sound fails once more This has got me once again royally stumped and I ve filtered through many threads regarding the failure of the Realtek AC codecs drivers etc but I ve reinstalled all the necessary software countless times and feel this could possibly be a hardware malfunction Nevertheless I decided to put it in the audio thread sorry if I ve done the wrong thing Thanks to any helpers in advance Please help Spud Sound device Realtek AC Audio Manufac Realtek Status OK PNP Dev PCI VEN DEV amp SUBSYS A C amp REV amp AAA amp amp A IRQ Driver c alcxwdm sys nbsp

A:Problem with Mic in and Line out ports and Realtek AC'97 Audio

During your-

Spudrifle said:

fiddling aboutClick to expand...

did you try downloading and running OpenAL from here?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-mic-in-and-line-out-ports-and-realtek-ac97-audio.150038/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a laptop with an MSI board running Realtek HD Audio and WinXP 32-bit, with 3 front panel jacks. When I plug in my desktop speaker cable into the lime port I get a message from the Realtek Sound Manager asking what device I plugged in. I click on the ?line out? option, then OK, and the speakers work fine.

Every time I reboot, the speakers stop working and the Sound Manager has reverted back to the default ?line in? option for that jack, forcing me to re-install the speakers again.

The Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel is set up properly for Two Desktop Speakers. Drivers are up-to-date.

Any help?

A:Exasperating Realtek line out problem

Do you have loaded the latest sound drivers for the that device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exasperating-realtek-line-out-problem.147202/
Relevancy 27.95%

Please Help,

I'm running Windows XP using Linsys wirless to access the internet on a HP pavillion 622n. Lately I access the internet and everytime I go to a new web page, does not matter what is is I get the message "Internet explorer cannot display web page". My connection never goes down. Last night for the first time I got error message Stack overflow on line 0. I have never seen this before and I don't even know if this is causing my issue. Does anyone have fix for this?

THANKS, Gytarman.

A:Stack overflow on line 0

Resolved

Friends,

With the help of Microsoft i was able to resolve issue. They had me reomve security software, which in my case was AVG 9.0 an this resolved issue.

Gytarman.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stack-overflow-on-line-0.144801/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I'm new here. I have problem that my computer especially if i playing games , it shows many weird dots, and line. I've try to change my monitor from an old crt to lcd but the weird dots and line still there . can anybody help?

A:Weird line/dots when playing game

It looks like a problem with your graphics card. Either it is failing or overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-line-dots-when-playing-game.142653/
Relevancy 35.26%

Discovered purple/blue vertical lines going down my laptop. At the very top the lines are very dark... as the line down down the line gets fainter and looks invisible but in some random spots there is some dark spots. Its probably about 10 pixels wide. The first time I turned it on it was a solid blue line all the way down but now it is blue and purple for the most part and varies in visibility through the day. Not sure if this is a video card issue or the LCD monitor. Any comments to fix or what is wrong is appreciated. Thanks!

A:Vertical Lines

I remember the day before they appeared I had my laptop closed but was still on sleeping for quite some time. Just did the same thing for a couple hours right now and went and checked on it and the lines appeared darker. Not sure if theres any correlation there but thought itd be worth nothing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-lines.140699/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello I have nvidia GTS mb from Point of View EXD edition overclocked from factory It served me well for years but now I up Vertical lines start from have problems I ve entered Vertical lines from start up a game played for few seconds and got artifacts so I exit the game lowered the graphic settings and entered again still got artifacts so I exit I didn t play any game till the evening but the pc where on After about hours I ve entered another game and then my pc stuck with odd lines on the screen Now I have lines and dots from start up and even in bios and in safe mode and VGA mode too Is this only video card failure or could it be more then that like mother board or I don t know And could the source for this be a virus or just over cooked Because then I will just buy a new card as my warranty run off Thanks alot Lith P S my pc Windows XP x bit Q Nvidia gts mb GB ram Asus P K mother board nbsp

A:Vertical lines from start up

Try updating the drivers:

kimsland said:

nVidia Video Card Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-lines-from-start-up.139434/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi
I accidently dropped my monitor whilest carrying it down very steep stairs. After that it now has vertical lines across the screen. Also there's a part of the screen that looks darker. When you first turn on the monitor this area is small but then it goes bigger.

Is this repairable? Is it likely that I would have to replace the lcd module itself? It's a good few years old.

I suspect it also has an issue with the light source as well because sometimes it has trouble lighting up the screen. But generally as it heats up it's brighter.

To be honest I'm getting a new one but am just curious. Also I've always had an interest in electronics. Also is repairing this potientially dangerous? It's only 12V and at less than 5amps.

A:TFT monitor with vertical lines

For what you can buy monitors for these days, it's cheaper to replace-unless it's some sort of big screen. If you see vertical lines, that tells me the module is gone, which over time, LCD's do that anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tft-monitor-with-vertical-lines.131513/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am still using dial-up as my main source of Internet access I use a PCI SoftV Modem hooked up to a home phone line This is the only line into my house I have a slitter plugged into the line with two ports one has a line plugged in that is is Activated Phone Disconnects When PC Modem Line connected to the modem on my PC the other PC Modem Disconnects When Phone Line is Activated has a line that connects my telephone The telephone is a dual-system it has a cordless phone and a base phone not cordless My modem worked normal with my phone ever since I had my PC Normally when the modem was connected and one would lift the phone off the hook you would hear the various noises of the Remote computer on the other end If someone called while the Modem connection was active they would hear a busy signal Recently I had to reformat my HD So of course I had to reinstall windows So of course I had to reinstall the drivers for my modem This was about days ago Ever since if someone lifts the phone of the hook the modem will automatically disconnect This is true with both the cordless phone and the base phone If someone calls they still get the busy signal and the modem does not disconnect but if someone lifts the phone of the hook or turns the cordless phone on like one would do to get a dial tone noises can still be heard from the phone but the modem disconnects I have searched through the various settings on Internet Properties modem options connection settings and stuff like that on my PC The phone does not seem to be doing thing out of the ordinary and the only thing that has changed recently is the reinstallation of the OS and drivers I am guessing it is some sort of setting that I haven t been able to detect yet So to be clear Internet worked fine beforehand now when phone is picked up modem disconnects if someone from outside calls they get busy signal and modem does not disconnect any advice would be great thanks nbsp

A:PC Modem Disconnects When Phone Line is Activated

Disconnect all splitters and phone lines except one for your computer. Make sure you disable call waiting and see what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-modem-disconnects-when-phone-line-is-activated.129876/
Relevancy 27.52%

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? My right click doesn't work on line only. It works fine all other times. I'm confused!?!

A:Right Mouse Button not working on line

well, it happens sometimes with me when pc is overloaded or it's just vista bug...
reboot helps me))

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/right-mouse-button-not-working-on-line.128484/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello ,
I have an Emachines m6811 and I have a problem with some weird vertical lines that I cant seem to figure out. I plugged it into another moniter and the second monitor had the exact same pic with lines and all . any suggestions ? Thanks ......SCOTT

A:Emachines m6811 vertical lines

Most likely the video card or the integrated graphics adapter. Did you recently update or uninstall the graphics drivers? If the computer is older (sorry I'm not too familiar with eMachines), the video card or integrated graphics adapter may be going bad. If you have another video card lying around, you could try installing that if it's the right bus type and see if that fixes the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-m6811-vertical-lines.125241/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I have Sahara NB5610-L1 Celeron M Processor Laptop. Just 5days back suddenly one vertical line is come to my LCD screen in the middle & it wont go back. I am using this Laptop for my Home & all the functionality is working properly but this line will not go. I am now fully tensed after this because I have already spent 30,000 for this.
Please clarify me in this regard. How to overcome this problem ?
If any body knows any Sahara Laptop Service center in Bangalore?
Thanks,
Chandra

A:LCD vertical line

I'm not sure exactly what that is. Do you mean there's a line there when its turned on only, or is it always there, even when shut off?

If its there when it's shut off then it sounds like a pressure crack on the screen to me. Hopefully its not that. I had a nasty on one my Sidekick 2 once. x.x

But even if it is, if its a not interfering with the picture try to disregard it. That's all I can say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-vertical-line.62391/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 33.97%

Could my graphic card cause my monitor to have vertical lines? There are two lines moving upward and it comes and goes, and if I change the re-fresh rate, the higher the res is, the two lines move faster. I forgot that the lines had more after i changed the refresh rate.

I have done everything I could to get rid of them, like changing my res. on my screen, but the higher the number, the more lines there are. 1024x768 is the one I have now and I have had it like that forever.

and if I put in a DVD, almost immediately the lines stop, but it doesn't always stop the lines, though.

A:Graphic card causing vertical lines?

Probably yes, but the only certain test is with another monitor.
Lines like this are commonly caused by interference so make sure you do not have a flourescent tube near you PC that is on the way out, perhaps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-causing-vertical-lines.121981/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 27.52%

While not as well known or widely used as Wi-Fi or Ethernet power-line networking -- using your existing home electrical wiring to transmit data turning every outlet in your house into a potential network connection -- can be a lifesaver when Wi-Fi won t reach or when you can t or won t run Ethernet cabling When you need it Whether power-line networking is better than Wi-Fi or Ethernet for a particular application depends on several factors how much your Power-line home networking for speed you need how solid the connection needs to be how much you can afford and how good your house s wiring is Compared Power-line networking for your home with Ethernet Power-line networking for your home power-line networking reaches anywhere in the house without running new wires but is much slower The latest power-line gear is rated at Mbit sec or about Mbit sec in real-world usage That s about the same as n Wi-Fi but only one-tenth the speed of Gigabit Ethernet Pricewise power-line may actually be cheaper than running Ethernet cable between distant rooms Networking remote locations Power-line networking is perfect for providing access in areas of the house where your Wi-Fi signal is weak or nonexistent and where it s too inconvenient or expensive to run Ethernet Video streaming Power-line adapters can provide reliable bandwidth for video streamers and game consoles in your living room Power-line throughput is not as high as with Gigabit Ethernet but it s high enough for HD video which requires up to Mbit sec Extending Wi-Fi access Need Wi-Fi in that attic suite or apartment over the garage where your main base station doesn t reach You can buy hardware that combines a power-line adapter with a wireless access point see below This means that you can create a Wi-Fi net almost anywhere there s a wall plug You could also plug a Wi-Fi access point such as an AirPort Express configured in access point mode in to a power-line adapter see the details yes the article contains the word Mac ignore it as the technology works everywhere nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-line-networking-for-your-home.119646/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have a 17" monitor with vertical colored lines going across the entire screen. not sure what is wrong or if it is fixable. screen worked great one day and did not the next. it is a Hyundai Imagequest L70S.
i have disconnected from the tower, swapped cables, power cords, and plugged into power outlet with no source and still get the same screen so it is the monitor. i unplugged and left off for 2 days "hoping" it would work again, but no luck. Any thoughts as to what this could be? thanks in advance.

A:Vertical colored lines across lcd screen

dude, classic case of 'gpu gone bad'. so, you need to hit your latest video store, get a copy of girls gone bad. before that though, take out your graphic card and sent it for repair. or, if it's possible, get yourself a new one. pls determine your system specs and requirements first before going to either the comp shop or the video store

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-colored-lines-across-lcd-screen.119178/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello,
Simple question: Is it possible to restart a dsl modem via command line in WinXp? It's a Cellpipe (chipset Viking) modem.

A:Reboot modem via command line

Im not too sure about that type of modem. Is there a Telnet control option? Most times, people that want to reset a modem via command prompt are stealing internet (NOT PUTTING ANY BLAME), but the best bet you have is to connect to the modem via IP Address. Usually anywhere from the 192.168.0.1-192.168.1.254 range. Try going to www.angryziber.com and download the IP Scanner utility. Enter in the IP info and then start the scan. See what you get. BEST RESULTS: Unplug the modem and plug it back in....unless you ARE stealing internet.....YOU BETTER NOT BE!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-modem-via-command-line.118452/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 27.09%

Tech support says model WPN can t supply stats like line SNR margin attenuation CRCs etc Can this be true I wasn t aware of any newer routers that can t give such info from Stats WPN824 Ntgr Getting router? Line Maybe prob is that info usu comes from the modem I m using Wire HG-B in bridge mode w the Netgear behind it Had to get a separate router because never could get PAP -T voip ATA to work correctly w the Wire router after wks talking to every tech I could find - even Lev II If those type stats only come from a modem not router I d have to put Wire back in full mode amp reset ALLLLL PW s again With Wire Getting Line Stats from Ntgr WPN824 router? in bridge mode its mgmt console can t be accessed so it says What is typical acceptable or expected overhead loss diff of what AT amp T tech measured at my DSL wall jack vs after you ve gone through a Getting Line Stats from Ntgr WPN824 router? modem and or router I ve got AT amp T dry loop DSL Kbps At the wall jack the tech measured Kbps d l amp SNR dB Best I usu get is d l even for very close test servers Is the loss really that much thru modem amp router or just from the round trip even to nearby servers He couldn t access my router to test spd thru it now realize probably just needed to turn off router FW Netgear said my network adapter should be able to provide such info I highly doubt that nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-line-stats-from-ntgr-wpn824-router.114915/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey everyone,

I just bought and installed a Visiontek Radeon X1050 AGP 8x video card. At first it appeared to work great. I have been having issues with it after a day or two.

It has these wierd looking dots/lines all over the screen. They appear to be only on my desktop background and on some parts of webpages. They are all different colors, but usually blue or yellow. Sometimes they are in a grid pattern.

I'm running:
AMD Athlon 3000+ Porcessor, 2.17 GHz
1.5 MB RAM

I tried reinstalling the driver, it helped right after installation, but went back to having issues after awhile.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be the issue?

A:Visiontek Radeon X1050 Line Problem

Try installing the latest driver from here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Be sure to uninstall the old graphics driver (through "Add and Remove Programs") before installing the new one. To keep things simple try downloading and installing the driver only instead of the full Catalyst Control Center version.

If that doesn't help, I would say your card is defective. If so, I would return it for exchange under warranty. If you bought it online, be sure to get an RMA number first (return merchandise authorization).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/visiontek-radeon-x1050-line-problem.113718/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have not seen this before, but I have a GX-280 and the image on the monitor is veritcal. It is a good image of the page but it is going the wrong way, it is not a display error, so I am looking at maybe bad voltage on the psu? The mother board is integrated so there are no video cards.

Has anyone seen this before??

Thanks,

A:Monitor has a vertical image

Vertical as in the display is upright at 90 degrees? The nVidia settings panel on the task bar has a rotation setting, you could give that a try to see if you can correct the screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-has-a-vertical-image.111253/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have my xbox connected to my HD monitor and the audio comes through my computer s line in port I have it output to my sound system but I d like to have the option to have it come out of my USB headset if I wanted Sometimes my girlfriend s watching TV and I want to play xbox and my only options are don t play or play with no sound which is really hard to do Is in Hear, to line headset usb What U there a way to use Vista s What U Hear to throughput that sound to the headset I ve tried setting the input to Line-in and the output to the headset but it still comes through the speaker port and I can t figure out why The computer s sounds come through the headset but the xbox comes through the line out If I unplug the headset the sound for both the computer and the xbox come through the line out port at the same time nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-u-hear-line-in-to-usb-headset.110524/
Relevancy 62.78%

Alright, I have a Toshiba notebook and the other day a vertical, thin, purple line appeared on the the right hand side of my display. I didn't drop my notebook or damage it in any way, no over clocking of any sort ether. It doesn't show on screen shot and when hooked up to an external monitor it works like a charm. I would like to know if the problem is fixable because my warranty is void. I am surprised this has happened because the laptop is only about a year and a half old. Thank you for your assistance.

A:Vertical Purple Line

That Purple Line is a dead or stuck pixel it could have been your Graphics Card but since it worked alright in a External Monitor it indicates the LCD Screen is faulty, this means you need to replace the LCD Screen. I'm not quite sure how to take them off or fix them back on but someone on here maybe able to help a bit better with that.

You could try looking on Ebay for your Toshiba Laptop Model, they sell laptops that may have 1 part not working (they will indicate what is not working) but will be a cheap option for your LCD Screen as well as other spare parts for your laptop compared to buying the Screen on its own here is an example - http://www.priorityelectronics.com/laptop-lcd-screens/toshiba-lcdscreens.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-purple-line.109448/
Relevancy 27.52%

hey guys,
ive been having random internet connection issues for the past year or so...they were bad, but now theyre not so bad. I unchecked the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option in my network device properties, and since then the drop-outs have become less frequent.

i was talking to a mate about this and he said i might be over-loading my phone line. I have one line at my house, and it is feeding 2 phones, 1 foxtel/pay tv, and my ADSL modem. so thats 4 devices on 1 line. At all the outlets there are ADSL/phone line splitters.

Do you think that this could be the cause of my problem? how many devices and you use on 1 line?

any help is much appreciated.

cheers.

ps: i didnt know which board to post this thread on, so i hope i made the right choice.

A:How many phones/modems can I have on one phone line?

Probably the "1 foxtel/pay tv", but it may be by any message bank service (on your phone)

The absolute best test would be to disconnect all other devices (ie 3) one evening, and then go on the Internet to see if it cuts out (depending upon how intermittant this is)

Regarding how many devices on one line.
According to most telecommunication networks it's one ! Unless they say that you can have more. (note this may be due to money, isn't it always?)
Anyway, a city office block has hundreds (through an internal digital exchange) to one line. So not sure on the max. again it's up to your provider to inform you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-many-phones-modems-can-i-have-on-one-phone-line.108573/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am having a problem with an Inspiron i was given this laptop with a complaint about lines on the screen and then no screen at all So I immediately hooked it up to an external monitor and booted windows sure enough the lines and what is almost like static were there on the external monitor They seemed to flicker as the cable was wiggled so I thought there might be something loose going on with the video card connection Took the laptop home took it apart down to and including the video card cleaned out all the dirt and dust then put it all back together again Booted windows and everything was fine Excited I had fixed it I called the guy up windows lines and during on BIOS Vertical screen explained that I had fixed it and asked if there was anything else he wanted me to do with it and he did want me to clean it up so the next day laptop left on overnight i went to the laptop to work on it and to my surprise the lines were back rebooted and there was no video at all rebooted again and the video was back but Vertical lines on screen during windows and BIOS with lines and only filling up like half of the laptop lcd Nothing is loose but the lines seem to flicker just from tapping on the laptop palmrest the problem sounds similar to this post http www techspot com vb all wind what-happens-when-a-video-card-overheats html but there was no solution other than to replace the video card nor was anyone able to verify that the root of the problem Vertical lines on screen during windows and BIOS is overheating of the video card is anyone familiar with such an issue is it in-fact due to overheating nbsp Vertical lines on screen during windows and BIOS

A:Vertical lines on screen during windows and BIOS

Not familiar with this situation per say, but you've done what you could, and yes, I'd replace that video card, if even possible.

Laptops having heat issues, not a new phenomenon, have to blame that models engineers for that, so the fans in that laptop are in tip top shape still?

Nature of the beast 8(

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-lines-on-screen-during-windows-and-bios.107992/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I have looked for ages to try and find an answer so I hope someone here can help I have windows xp and basically want to do some line in recording I want to record from a mini disc player to my computer It took ages to actually get any sound to be heard on the computer from the mini disc I have a single cable going from the mini disc headphone jack to the microphone jack pink on the front panel of my computer tower But trying to record is useless nothing is detected I also have red and white aux in jacks on the front panel but no sound is heard from the computer when I try to plug the mini disc into that In the realtek hd sound effects manager under audio I O all the jacks front and back show up but not the red and white ones and also under the mixer tab there is no multistream button which after reading about recording in, problems microphone Line I think I should have Incidently I have also been Line in, microphone recording problems trying to record homevideo using Line in, microphone recording problems nerovision and the red white and yellow jacks at the front and while I receive video no audio is recording There are no exclaimation marks anywhere in device manager I have two possibilities for sound recording in sound and audio devices in the control panel Realtek HD audio input and Medion bda analogue audio capture Line in, microphone recording problems and I m not sure what to be using I used to be able to record in this way before not home video but then my computer broke and I cant remember the settings I was using before I am pretty sure I used to use the red and white aux in but not sure any help would be gratefully appreciated even if it seems obvious because more than likely I am overlooking something simple nbsp

A:Line in, microphone recording problems

Buy yourself a good quality PCI or PCI-e sound card and start from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/line-in-microphone-recording-problems.106219/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a feeling what you're going to say but I thought I would just see what everyone has to say.
Here is a picture of my mom's laptop, with a line on the screen.
What do you think?

Should I replace the inverter? Is the screen toast?

A:Gateway M320 line on Screen

It's not the inverter... Was the laptop dropped or sat on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-m320-line-on-screen.106301/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys,

I have an acer LCD monitor, and recently I noticed a horizontal white line appearing approx 1/4 of the way down the screen. It changes colours somewhat when it has a different coloured background.

It is still there when the logo appears from acer BEFORE it starts displaying from my computer. It's 1.5 years old, but I only have a 1 year warranty.

Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks!!

A:White line on monitor

You can have a failing video graphics adapter, or a failing monitor/screen. Best thing to do is trade out monitors first. Then replace the drivers.
Be sure you have a clean system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-line-on-monitor.104426/
Relevancy 34.4%

I had an ugly accident with my Laptop the other day when I dropped my backpack from about 1 m above ground with the computer inside
When I turned it on it had some white stripes on the screen, as you can see on the attached screen shot (I drew the lines in Photoshop, since they donīt appear on a screen shot, but thatīs how it looks). Obviously this is because of the computerīs fall, but I would like to know if someone can tell me if this is could be a problem with the LCD-screen, the graphics card or some loose connection?

I know it may be difficult to say without looking at the computer, but maybe someone can make a guess?

Thank you.

A:Vertical white stripes on LCD monitor

this is dead videochip. it will be good if you tell us exact model of your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-white-stripes-on-lcd-monitor.101486/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am trying to record audio files from my turntable to my computer. I bought a pre-amp to connect between my turntable and Line In of my Creative Audigy SE sound card. I am using Steinberg's Pinnacle Clean recording software. The waveform is totally flattened on both Negative and Positive peaks and the sound is distorted with the Line In control to the bear minimum. Even at the bear minimum the waveform is flatten on both ends. My pre-amp,PP400,has no attenuation control. Would I need to attenuate the signal prior to it going in to my sound card? Without the pre-amp, my signal looks normal with the Line In control set to maximum, but is low in volume. Manual said I needed a pre-amp. Any advice would be appreciated. 1st attempt in recording to my computer, BTW.

A:Line In for recording

I love my Creative Audigy SE, but I don't record from or to it. I'm afraid you will need to buy a much better sound card, one like M-Audio produces. You'll need to spend a good deal of money. There are stand alone devices that can do this. Do a Google search. I see you are using an old Soyo Dragon motherboard. Nice board in it's day. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/line-in-for-recording.101047/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,
I installed a new pc based on Intel DG33FB Mobo / Realtek ALC888. I connected 2.1 Speakers to the Rear Panel on the Mobo and it was working fine.

Suddenly from the past 5 days, the Speakers do not work. The Speakers are fine as I tested them with the Front Panel Output as well as the Line In and Microphone Jacks in 6 Ch Setup.

Another Problem is that the Front Panel Audio is not disabled even if I select to disable the Front Panel Support from the Realtek Manager.

I have the latest drivers - re-installed twice. I tried System Restore - No Help. I tested the other jacks Line Out / Microphone In with the same speakers - they work properly. The Front Panel Jack is also working properly. But the Rear Line OUt Jack just does not seem to work.

Anybody can help ???

A:Realtek ALC888/Intel DG33FB Line Out Jack - No Sound

The Sensing is also not an issue

The Intel / Realtek Port Sensing works on the Line out jack. So, it does not seem that the jack is not working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-alc888-intel-dg33fb-line-out-jack-no-sound.100228/
Relevancy 33.97%

We have been seeing a number of Dell Inspiron low end laptops built in 2006 and early 2007 presenting with a half-inch wide vertical white bar on the right side of the screen about 2 inches right of center. It is clearly a major defect which may require repair of lcd, inverter or other.
The rest of the screen is bright, clean, and easily readable. No color interference, fuzz, or the usual rainbow of defects.
We are seeing it on seldom used Inspirons as well as heavily used ones.
Dell is not helpful, except "send it in" for repair as it is no longer covered by the one year warranty.
We are wondering how widely spread this problem may be, or what you may have done to remedy the problem, short of replacing the screen. It actually appears that something has shaken loose inside

A:Inspiron 1300/B130 Vertical Bar on Screen

Usually the orange data cable behind the screen requires replacement
You will need to fully remove the bezel; screws; screen to see this cable
You may want to re-connect all connections firstly
This site is not a Dell, but gives you an understanding of what I'm saying
http://www.screentekinc.com/lcd-removal-instructions_en,compaq.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1300-b130-vertical-bar-on-screen.95875/
Relevancy 33.97%

Ok guys i recently bought a preowned toshiba satellite p s The display is f ing with me first it wouldnt let me boot windows normally bsod after load screen but not a normal bsod it was flashing from bsod to blue screen and back And Up Satellite: Other Vertical Lines Toshiba Messed Blue and forth so i went into safe mode and uninstalled the nvidia geforce fx go video card it works with the vgasave service running i get these blue vertical lines that stay on the screen no matter what changing color from time to time and it will only allow me to change resolution other than from x and x after the bios loads up before winodows loading screen starts the screen becomes filled with zeros HERE IS THE MOST BIZZARR PART this is what the boot menu looks like Windogs Advanced Options Menu Please select an option Safe Mode Safe Mode with Nedworking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Enable Boot Logging Enable VGA Mode Last Known Good Configuradion yoer most becent settings dhat worked Direcdory Serficec Rectore Mode Gindows domain controllebs only Debugging Mode Sdart Windows Normalli Rebood Return to OS Choices Menu Uce the u and dogn abrow keyc to move the highlight do your choice no i didnt make any typos thats exactly how it is in my Phoenix BIOS all spelling and everything looks fine but those blue vertical lines i was talking about now they are kind of brown looking like this from top to bottom of my screen they appear jumpy in real anyone with any suggestions any help anything you want to say at all i appreciate it nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite: Blue Vertical Lines And Other Messed Up

definately you have a driver issue and potentially an LCD issue.
I would do a clean install of the OS.
If you still have issues, your screen is damaged. Lines running thrugh an LCD screen are a sign of dead pixels/columns. You can get screen replacements for laptops via a kit or servicing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-blue-vertical-lines-and-other-messed-up.46138/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x700-problems-solved-with-dip-switch.92918/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Dell Latitude that I replaced a backlight and inverter on, but now there are two vertical lines on the left hand side of the screen, purple and green. What is the source of these lines and what do I need to do to get rid of them?

A:Two Vertical Lines on LCD Screen

How wide are the lines? If they are just a pixel or so wide then a colum or two of pixels may be dead, and you'd need to replace the screen to resolve that issue as far as I know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-vertical-lines-on-lcd-screen.91564/
Relevancy 27.95%

hey all the geniuses here.....guys I have an ADSL internet connection and it gets disconnected occasionally.....but MSN messenger works just fine.....only thing is the Internet gets stuck....like it shows page cannot be displayed....so I have to power off and on the modem....

so what u guys think?? any advices???
Thnx a bunch.....

A:ADSL line gets disconnected....help pls...

Call up your ISP provided and have them check your line for ADSL. They'll do it at their end also communcate with your modem. If they can't solve the problem they'll come out to your place and check your connections. Do you have any old DSL filters that maybe defective? This can cause problems also..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adsl-line-gets-disconnected-help-pls.89441/
Relevancy 27.09%

hi i have identical hp w flat help on faded monitor-need ! hpw2007 line 4"horizontal screen monitors they are both installed on identical gateway yr old PC s with xp one monitor is upstairs and mine is downstairs mine works perfectly they one upstairs lets call it monitor has developed a bright or washed out bright horizontal line about quot tall-going across the entire screen along with this problem it doesn t have true black more of a black brown faded 4"horizontal line on hpw2007 monitor-need help ! faded on all black screens Mine monitor is perfect monitor started having issues with not holding a preferred setting it wouldn t hold resolution size or brightness contrast and other settings i have uninstalled the new monitor and software and reinstalled it i faded 4"horizontal line on hpw2007 monitor-need help ! have tried all the monitor adjustments i have tried to match resolutions and setting to my perfect monitor nothing works from day one it only had one oddity there was a white shadow around the arrow pointer cursor my monitor never had that i couldn t even make my pointer cursor do that does anyone think it has a burned out band quot across the monitor what are these new crystal clear view flat screens like inside Anyone think there is anything i can do could it be a bad video card or just a blown new monitor thanks for all the help i can sure use it jagzz nbsp

A:faded 4"horizontal line on hpw2007 monitor-need help !

Either take it in to have it looked at or buy another monitor. If it is under warranty you may be able to have it replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faded-4-horizontal-line-on-hpw2007-monitor-need-help.86904/
Relevancy 27.09%

i upgraded to vista business the other day and today i tryed recording something through the line input and when i run recording program such as audacity it cant seem to view the line in input

also it doesnt show it on the mixer supplied with windows audio

anyone have any answers?

x

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-seems-unable-to-access-line-in-port.85251/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, i have a tv tuner, but the sound needs to go from the tuner to the line in. I have a cable which connects those 2, but i am unable to figure out how to listen to the audio coming into the line in... I have vista OS. Any ideas?

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-listen-to-line-in-on-vista.83949/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I record some talking of a local talk bassed radio station then when they take calls straight to air I like to play funny bits back to them, but I listen to it back and its all crispy, tin sounding, muffled, and quite hard to hear. I dont think I can get any better quality other than doing it over SKYPE. All I am doing is putting the phone next to the speaker.

Are there any other ways that I can get really good quality? Thanks

A:Telephone Line

Hi TheCase and welcome to the TechSpot Forum :wave:

Their are products you can buy that plug into the phone socket such as this one, however if you want to use your computer to record them then there is also software based programs that require a modem in the computer see here, you must remember though that in certain states you have to let people know that they are being recorded or you are breaking the law.

As a newbie to the site would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/telephone-line.82929/
Relevancy 10.75%

Ever since my old motherboard died Biostar NF Socket and I bought a replacment board a MSI K MM -VH VIA Based should have seen it coming I ve been having blackout problems and lock-ups due to Infinite Loop problems however I think I solved it by disabling ATI Smart by going into services msc and ramping up my memory timings However now I m having Windows problems related to memory to another... my Loop just I I solved think go Infinite to Problem I think Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CELERON-D Description Error code ea parameter fd b parameter c bc parameter f becb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c fd b c bc c f I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... bec c b My Memory Timings that are in use when this happens is DRR Speed mhz CAS RAs to Cas Delay - T Command Rate is T And the black outs and lock-ups almost seem familar to the Infinite Loop Syndrome however I have no idea where to go from hear By the Way I have tried Multiple video cards on this system Both ATI and both have failed If I slow down my memory timings then windows tells me that the videocard hangs I ve tried registry fixes the beta patch by VIA turning off VPU recover turning off ATI Smart have updated drivers to everything didn t go to Cat though because then Invalid Display CRT errors appear I get anywhere between and errors of this when I boot up The strang thing is though once out of every or random boots the next boot up will go smoothly and I can play games for hours I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another...

(I hope you have access to a computer with a CD burner.)

I've found this tool very helpful at identifying bad memory. It's positively identified bad ram 100% of the time for me. Download this and follow the instructions to burn it to a blank CD-R. Then boot from the CD-R on your suspect computer. Run the Extended Diagnostics for at least one complete cycle. (Usually if it doesn't detect RAM pattern errors on the first cycle then the RAM is good and there isn't much need to run additional cycles.)

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Post the results here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-solved-my-infinite-loop-problem-to-just-go-to-another.82874/
Relevancy 27.95%

my mic in and line out have been switched. ive heard of this problem many times but i forgot how to fix it. my mobo is Asus P5ND2-SlI Deluxe with the Realtek 97 on board audio. i have checked the bios to make sure the audio card was enabled, and it is.

mo info for my mobo: P5ND2 SlI
says its a Realtek ALC850 7.1-channel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-97-mic-line-out-switched.81308/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello there peoples.

Well I have recently just got my self my own personal computer in my room. And i have a wireless setup out by the other computer that well i get a really poor signal from in my room. Its not a wireless network as such. Just a wireless broadband modem sending out my broadband signal so i have internet in my room

Well yeah I have a not very good signal in my room.

So I was thinking.... Is it possible to have to modems connecting to the same broadband line and account? like will they both work? Cos I have 2 modems. My orignal one and the new wireless one. Can I have wired set ups with individual modems on both computers? They would be running on the same phone line and connecting to the same broadband account and stuff. But If I had the line filters and splitters and stuff would it work?

A:Multiple modems on same line?

Your going to make work for yourself, if you have a bad signal in one room, either surf elsewhere, move the wireless sender closer to you, or lastly and this is the easiest buy an external antenna, one that sits on top of the PC instead of the itty bitty thing stuck out of the back of the network card.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-modems-on-same-line.80532/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all,

My friend's laptop has vertical and horizontal lines across the screen, making lots of blocks across the screen.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r126/_Absinthe_Minded_/clip_image002.jpg

See an image of the problem by clicking the above link. The effect isn't very well captured but look at the task bar and you can see it really well there.

Any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks for looking and for any help you can offer.

AM.

A:Horzontal and vertical lines on laptop.

looks like the monitor cant handle the refresh rate he's got it set at, or it cant handle the resolution, or a combination of both, get him to set it to 60hz and 640 x 480 and see if it clears.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horzontal-and-vertical-lines-on-laptop.80712/
Relevancy 11.18%

Running XP Pro. Computer reboots randomly. May be while using it or most often when idle. System Restore would not work until turned off and back on, but of course I lost all restore points.

Tried Spybot Seach&Destroy, Adware, ATF_Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, Panda Activescan. None found anything.

Attached is HJT log. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
John

A:Solved: Random rebooting.

Hi john760 and welcome to techspot. =)

I've checked you HijackThis log and it appears to be mostly clean. Fix these entries though.

O9 - Extra button: Linked Images - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Linked Ima&ges - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

I noticed an entry:
O4 - Startup: restart_vs.lnk = F:\Viewsonic.exe

Do you recognise this file or process, and why is something running from F:\ ?
Let me know in your next reply.

Your problem could be non-malware related.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of john760 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-random-rebooting.79561/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello all I m super new to the site but in need of some help I have a off the shelf pc from hp which is about a yr old now The problem occurs randomly though usually when using more than one program or running aim The computer without warning will change from the normal screen to one that is beige in color with vertical thin blue lines They seem like a pattern on the screen not like a test pattern or anything but the bars aren t randomly dispersed This is the most common look for the screen during failure though I ve also seen it pure beige and a Computer crash... appear. lines vertical dark blue with lighter blue vertical lines The only way out of the issue is Computer crash... vertical lines appear. a hard shutdown holding the power button until power loss CTRL ALT DEL has no effect and the hard drive does not respond to the command either I can t see anything on the screen but the pattern above I have no idea whats causing the issue though I don t think it is software because I haven t added anything new in about months and this has only started in the past Any help would be greatly appreciated Its a HP Pavilion a n Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer crash... vertical lines appear.

Often its a graphics issue.
Try reinstalling your drivers.
Its also possible that your psu may be failing and not supplying the correct voltage to the gfx card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crash-vertical-lines-appear.78906/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey I have always had a problem with my DSL. I have Sbc yahoo dsl. My problem is that it's always on blinking red. Unless I'm using the phone. Everytime I call SBC (or the new ATT) they always say it seems its working great. But my house is old. So is that the problem? Or just how things are connected. Can someone please help me on this problem? I really want to have my internet always to be working.

A:My Dsl line

How old is your house?

Older wiring can sometimes affect the reliability of DSL service. Do you have DSL filters connected to EVERY device (telephone, answering machine, dialup modem, etc) connected to the phone line EXCEPT the DSL modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dsl-line.71990/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I have this really See Vertical on Very Shot Recurring) Screen (Keeps Screen Bars Please Annoying My annoying problem and I m about to conclude that it s time to buy a new video card but I m hoping there is another way to fix this Please Look Here http www geocities com lorenzopelswijk verticalbars html Those lines keep coming up every once and a while Whenever they appear Very Annoying Vertical Bars on My Screen (Keeps Recurring) Please See Screen Shot the only way to Very Annoying Vertical Bars on My Screen (Keeps Recurring) Please See Screen Shot remove them is to shut down my PC wait for a couple minutes and then start it again Sometimes this happens after a couple of hours of running my PC and sometimes it takes days It s not stable at all I ve scanned my PC for viruses and errors but nothing seems to fix the problem I ve updated to the latest ATI Radeon drivers with no luck Also someone posted that he has this problem and tried to format his PC but still the same I have an ATI Radeon Pro updgraded it to Pro long time ago by changing the BIOS If there is anyway I can fix this without replacing the card I would love to know how Thnaks in advance nbsp

A:Very Annoying Vertical Bars on My Screen (Keeps Recurring) Please See Screen Shot

Your graphics card is dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-annoying-vertical-bars-on-my-screen-keeps-recurring-please-see-screen-shot.71416/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have this thin white line that starts at my AGP slot and goes all the way to the edge of the board. It on the bottom too, and it larger on the bottom. It also spreads out in spider lines. What is it and what do I have to do to fix any problems it might cause???

A:White trace line under AGP slot? What is it?

Someone put too much pressure on the video card and made a crack in the motherboard?

There's nothing you can do to fix it. If it works, then it works, if it doesn't then it's broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/white-trace-line-under-agp-slot-what-is-it.68481/
Relevancy 27.52%

Okay so I just got my laptop screen on Purple my line chinese-made laptop back from being fixed for the fourth time in a row i live in north america they are in australia damn long time and now i discover there is a -pixel wide vertical purple line on my quot TFT Widescreen monitor is this a stuck pixel a dead pixel or another problem completely another thing is that the Purple line on my laptop screen line doesnt stay purple on black screens and desktop it is purple but on IE it is yellow along with many other programs for Purple line on my laptop screen some reason i really need help on this guys ive tried the method on wikihow and ive been trying the JScreenCleaner stuck pixel sweeping program but no luck so far thanks edit forgot to say that i know that this isnt a video card issue cuz i plugged it in another monitor and it didnt have that problem i just really need to know if this isnt something that needs factory repairs cuz my Purple line on my laptop screen warranty is worn out nbsp

A:Purple line on my laptop screen

Attach an external monitor to your PC. If the problem continues there, it's your graphics card.
If the problem disappears, you have stuck/dead pixels.
You could try a very gentle rubbing of the pixel(s) concerned, but it looks like you might need a new LCD-panel.

My laptops are made in China as well, but they are extremely sturdy (IBM, now Lenovo).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/purple-line-on-my-laptop-screen.68083/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Dell Dimension 3000. The modem in it is not working properly. Dell finally decided to send me a replacement although they don't think it is a hardware problem.

This is the problem. As soon as I plug the modem into the back of the computer, it opens the line (takes the phone of the hook)

Does anyone know what the cause of this might be if it isn't a defective modem????

kb5sxr

A:Cause of Modem Open Line

"as soon as I plug the modem into the back of the computer..."
Is this an external phone modem?

Have you tried using another phone wall plug?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cause-of-modem-open-line.66133/
Relevancy 27.09%

i got a HP Pavilion zd8060US Notebook PC back in JAN-2005 and have been using it pretty heavly for long periods of time ever since, and just today i closed my laptop lid to go take a break for 10min and when i came back and opened the lid again there is now a GREEN line 1 Pixel wide straight down the center of my LCD screen.. WTF is this..??? is my monitor going dead or is there a way to fix this..??

A:HP Pavilion zd8060US Notebook PC - Green Line on LCD

I'd guess a bad monitor...unfortunately

--kitty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-zd8060us-notebook-pc-green-line-on-lcd.65173/
Relevancy 62.78%

This happened before and when I changed the wallpaper it went away. This red line on the righthand side won't go away! is this bad news? Time to use the guarantee? again... the shop changed my pc already once 2 weeks after I bought it... please can someone tell me if I can fix it myself? thanks anyone

A:vertical line on screen

kimsou said:

This happened before and when I changed the wallpaper it went away. This red line on the righthand side won't go away! is this bad news? Time to use the guarantee? again... the shop changed my pc already once 2 weeks after I bought it... please can someone tell me if I can fix it myself? thanks anyoneClick to expand...

If there is a warranty or Guarantee in place for the item then dont try to fix it, you can void any warranty, take it back again and again until you get a working system or until you get your money back.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-line-on-screen.63687/
Relevancy 62.78%

ive had this vertical line on my monitor for a few days now and cant seem to get rid of it (philips 150c4) have rolled back drivers upadted drivers just cant get rid of it.can anyone help please its rather annoying.thanks

A:vertical line on pc monitor

Video cards can do that when they go bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vertical-line-on-pc-monitor.23674/