Windows Support Forum

Driver Power Failure = New Power Supply?

Q: Driver Power Failure = New Power Supply?

Ok so lately I have been getting a BSOD at very random times and it looks like a Diver Power State failure. SO all of my friends and every website I go to makes it seem like I need to get a PSU. Right now I have a Quad Core and a 8800GT and 375W PSU. So my friend told me to get a new 700W PSU.

So, if the only fix is to get a new PSU? I tried to rollback my GPU driver but it didn't help.

So any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Driver Power Failure = New Power Supply?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Driver Power Failure = New Power Supply?

You're greatly risking the health of your whole computer while running with such underpowered power supply. Do yourself a favour and get a quality PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010 That's the cheapest one that is enough and of good quality that I could find with a quickish search.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-power-failure-new-power-supply.766751/
Relevancy 92.88%

My computer has been dead in the water for several weeks now and I am not sure what the problem is I think an electrical storm Power Failure? Supply may have fried my power supply but I am not sure Here are the specs on my quot clone quot system MB Intel D GGC w onboard audio and video CPU Intel P LGA A Platform PSU RaidMax ATX V W RAM GB - MB PC- Single Channel DVD Sony X CDRW Sony X X X HDD Maxtor SATA GB RPM When Power Supply Failure? I opened up the case and looked inside with the power cord plugged in the motherboard has a green LED light that indicates the MB is receiving power When I tried to turn on my computer Power Supply Failure? I guess it is the CPU but it makes a funny clicking sound and the the fan over the CPU tries to turn but stops immediately When I turn the fan blade with my finger it turns freely so I know it is not the bearings in that fan I have been to Intel com and followed all their recommended steps to troubleshoot this problem but no solution as of yet I have unplugged all devices from the power supply except the -pin V power connector and the -pin main power connector and the CPU fan and nothing has changed What else can I do What is a definite indicator that it is a power supply problem and not a MB or CPU problem Please Help Thanks nbsp

A:Power Supply Failure?

Have you also unplugged the HardDrive and CD/DVD drive, and floppy (from the motherboard end)?
Remember you just want it started

The fan may be thermostatically used, that is it won't start running until the system is warm.

Reseat Ram?

Ideally test with another PowerSupply
Here's a good BenchTest Guide

You should also try dispersing all internal voltage, by holding in the power button for 30secs whilst the power lead is out.

I'd also recommend removing any internal PCI card attached
I've even have faulty CPU fans cause this error

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-failure.108638/
Relevancy 92.88%

My desktop kept restarting itself anytime I try and do anything very intensive games or movies for very long min to an hour No BSOD and infact when the computer shuts off it turns back on and then quot begins quot shutting down as though it never finished the sequence I had this problem until I replaced the PSU Now the problem has returned I just purchased a new PSU a month ago as my old one tanked after a year Watt Plus Gold EVGA and replaced it with the watt model I could understand such a low watt model failure supply Power tanking after a year under the load I had but the new one going after a month What is the likelihood I ll start from the beginning months ago I built myself a new setup My power supply failed around months ago it was an EVGA watt Plus Gold and when I used my PSU tester at least half the lights never lit up Stats Antec Twelve Hundred GPU AMD HD ASUS Direct CUII CPU G Haswell RAM GSkill DDR GB PSU Power supply failure Watt EVGA Supernova Plus Gold HDD Crucial GB RAM Gskill DDR GB Power supply failure mhz Ram nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-failure.1167281/
Relevancy 92.88%

Just had my system conk out. On power up the flash screen for the system board displays then the system shuts down. Does this sound like a Power Unit failure?

Relevancy 92.88%

i just bought myself a new PC i plugged everything in and it turned on fine. then when i went and plugged in two more hard drives the PC would refuse to turn on i am led to believe maybe not enough power? i unplugged the two hard drives and now it wont turn on is it possible the power supply died?

Antec Nine Hundred Two Version 3 Gaming Case
Corsair 6GB DDR3 ram
ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Video Card
2tb western digital harddrive

and the power supply in question
Seasonic m12 bronze 520w atx power supply

A:Power supply failure?

You always need a good power supply anyway as it prolongs your components life. I would recommend Antec, enermax or corsair for a power supply. Saying that it might be "dead RAM". If the RAM is not working properly the computer won't start. Got any friends who will borrow you a power supply for testing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-failure.977982/
Relevancy 92.88%

The past 2 weeks, I've had to press my "Power On" button 2 or 3 it before it comes on. This happens about every other day.
The last time this happened, I had to replace the power supply and that was only 2 years ago. Surely they last longer than that?

Any ideas what would cause this?

Also, is it ok to leave my computer on 24/7 until this gets resolved? I'm afraid that one morning I won't be able to turn it on.

It's a PC Desktop. Dell Dimension 3000 running Windows XP. It's almost 5 years old. I do keep it cleaned and maintained often.

Relevancy 92.88%

A couple weeks ago my computer all-of-the-sudden stopped turning on. When I press the power button, the lights turn on and the fans start spinning for less than a second, then everything turns off. If I press the power button again, nothing happens. I can get the computer to turn on for a split second again if I either unplug the computer, wait, and then plug it back in. The first thing that came to mind is that the PSU has died. Does this sound legitimate?

If the PSU has died, does anybody know of an inexpensive replacement that would work with my mobo and power needs? Thanks!

Typical of a power supply failure.

And the HP m7650n does not have enough power in the supply for that GeForce 7600 GT.

Borrow a power supply to test in yours, or get yourself a power supply tester such as the Apevia Power supply tester for about $10 - $12

Or just buy a new and quality power supply... locally or on line.

You have to be very careful to get one of the exact same size dimensions and with the same sockets... If you don't have a source, www.directron.com has a huge number from which to choose.
Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-failure.121104/
Relevancy 92.88%

Right so i was surfing the web on my main PC then all of the sudden windows just goes through the shut down process and my computer turns off I power it back on to find that the computer wont boot so i power it back off and on again then it boots normally I m in windows again normal mode then the computer shuts down again about seconds after logging into windows I m thinking it s one of those shutdown viruses so i boot up again into safe mode to attempt at virus scanning then even in safe mode shuts down once again I repeat this times I know this is not a heat issue because my bios was reporting a CPU temp of only degrees celsius and my video card is a rather low end one and it doesnt really produce heat Suspecting that it is a PSU or perhiperal issue i start to troubleshoot by unplugging one device at a time After unplugging the first device Power failure? supply hard drive and attempting to power it on once again the damn thing doesn t boot AT ALL no beeps Power supply failure? or post screen I turn it off try to turn it on again now it won t power on at all I unplug the AC cord from the PSU then plug it back in to find that it powers on by itself once the AC power cord is plugged in with still no successful boot I unplug everything else except the motherboard with the same effect no boot The power button on the tower does not respond wont turn on wont turn off and the LED light is off I have no other spare power supplies around to troubleshoot with So i m hoping the PSU is bad and not the motherboard becuase the PSU is an easy fix Before i risk buying a new PSU i want to know what you guys think So is the PSU or motherboard bad nbsp

Relevancy 92.88%

My machine Possible Supply Power Failure? has been acting rather funny within the last few weeks I suspected it to be a virus but that possibility has been completely ruled out My computer specs are AMD Athlon ghz Geforce TI mb ram mh ram PC The problem is that she s getting increasingly slower Start up is taking ages now When I run music it takes up nearly of my CPU Starting up another Possible Power Supply Failure? program while I have music running will skip the music for about minutes at a time Programs are taking longer to start up Yesterday my CD drive wouldn t even open I had to restart my system The printer takes forever and my download rates are suffering dramatically from what they should be My husband suspects it to be a problem with my power supply but I m wondering if there s any other possible problems No I don t have any trojans viruses or backdoor spyware running I ve ran at least different programs to detect these things Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 92.88%

Hello I live in Rancho Bernardo CA and when we were evacuated I disconnected my desktop and took the computer case with us It was in the trunk Failure? Power Supply of my car for days not good After returning home we were one of the fortunate families I reconnected my computer and started it It posted like usual Power Supply Failure? went to the XP startup screen and then went Power Supply Failure? to the black screen that gives the options for safe mode etc I tried to start it in safe mode but it would not It only opened some of the start-up files and then stopped I reseated the ram video card and disconnected all of the drives other than the HD I tried the quot normal start quot Same thing happened I changed hard drives put in another video card and restarted The colors then changed to something other than normal butt still would not boot past the startup screen before the welcome screen It goes to black and there is a flash of a blue screen with text on it but it does not stay on long enough to read I also tried the quot last working configuration quot with the same results The cooling fans now seem to speed up and slow down in a cycle The bios shows normal voltage to the processor and the temps look normal there I have a Antec Sonata with a W Power supply It is years old It only has one V rail Could this be my problem Regards Al A n x Deluxe Xp Barton Gig Crucial Ram x Maxtor gig HD both tried were the same configuration BFG Leadteck gt Antec Sonata stock power supply nbsp

I am a little confused. does the computer run and just not boot?

typically a PSU will blow and never turn back on. on occasion (as happened with me) a faulty transistor will cause power to cut out after the computer is on for a little (this prevents damage to the board and other components).

if you disconnect the harddrive, and power up to the bios screen, does it run okay?
also, have you tried a memtest? http://www.memtest86.com/

if the computer runs for awhile with no HDD, then it is most likely a HDD or software problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-failure.645384/
Relevancy 92.88%

hi guys, my friend phoned me tonight to go round and have a look at his computer that he was having problems with.

he said the computer was working fine last night but when he switched it on today it wasnt booting up and was asking for a disk or something, i automatically assumed that he had a hardisk problem n told him to power it down and i would be round to have a look at it.

i went round earlier tonight and the computer wouldnt switch on when pressing the power button.

checked the power cable and that it was turned on at the back of the tower, do i have a power supply failure?

Relevancy 92.02%

Some information about my system Motherboard ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe AM NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard Processor AMD Athlon X Kuma Power Possible Failure Motherboard Failure, Supply GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core black edition Processor AD ZWCGHBOX Video Card EVGA -P - -A GeForce GTX Core Superclocked Edition MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI RAM CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C I ve read a few threads here on these forums and have found a few similar situations but nothing that really matches what i m dealing with Here goes I was playing a game when my PC Power Supply Failure, Possible Motherboard Failure made a short strange muffled hissing noise and then popped The PC completley shut down like someone has pulled the plug Almost right away it smelled like an electrical fire I figured this was the power supply NZXT W since it is around years old and has been through a lot The following day I went to best buy and picked up a Thermaltake TR W PSU and installed it After plugging in the main power cord from the wall outlet I switched on the PSU itself Inside the SB PWR light on the MB lit up I thought this was good news I hit the power button for the whole system and the CPU fan moved slightly and the front LED light quickly flashed on and off Then nothing I checked to make sure all connections were snug Same result I can t remember why but I unplugged the -pin Auxillary power connector and powered on the system All the fans started up and all the LED s lit up but no system start This is really bizzare to me Any help or guidance would be appreciated Things I ve Tried -Reset Motherboard by pulling out battery for minutes -Took out both sticks of RAM and powered up There was no beeping or noise of any kind -Completley cleaned the whole system of all dust and build-up nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

My computer won t start up anymore The fan for the CPU comes on but the rest of Supply Power failure Best Guess, it won t with the exception of the HDD and TURBO lights which turn on but don t blink which reflects the sort of FROZEN mode it s in I dont hear the HD boot and it has been sporatically restarting itself all day each time it reboots it seems to restart Sooner than Best Guess, Power Supply failure before so it may be a short in a wire I m not sure The power supply seems to emit a hissing which after a few seconds dims or disappears I ve checked all cables and they are in securely no extreme things have happened to the computer and before it went down it was SCANDISKed DEFRAGed and scanned for viruses though I know for a fact it was clean it also has a firewall so it wasn t outside interference Pentium- w MB RAM Win SE GB HD nbsp

A:Best Guess, Power Supply failure

Unplug everything from the power supply other than the motherboard and see if you get a picture. If so, plug in the floppy drive, then something else and so on.

If still no picture, try pulling all cards but video out.

Anything connected to the motherboard, when damaged, can cause what you are describing. Come to think of it, even a bad keyboard, mouse, or printer cable could do it.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech

6/6 added pay for home page site - nothing to install!
5/20 new, unlimited, pay to surf site added
5/21 added interactive story site - it's fun!
http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-guess-power-supply-failure.33130/
Relevancy 91.59%

hp pavilion a w ram i can't look up cpu specs as it won't start win xp sp won't start pc failure? supply power - OK here's the deal I play an online game that would randomly crash and give me crc errors that would directly reference a file in that game thinking that was a game specific error i left it alone for the days i went visiting for xmas got home today powered on the pc and nothing it will not boot so i unplug everything except the tower pc won't start - power supply failure? and the monitor still pc won't start - power supply failure? won't boot up no PS running nothing so i unhook the monitor then it will boot all systems are go but i can't do anything with it cuz the monitor isn't hooked up so i go to hook that up and as soon as it touches the back of the case and there is no static here the box stops running completely as soon as i move the cord for the monitor its all good it'll boot again so any ideas on wth is goin on with this no i do not have another monitor to test with it its xmas eve and i doubt any of my frenz will think this an emergency to leave their familys over please please please please help me figure out what is wrong with this thing i have to get it working so i can trade it in for a better one or i'm SOL for a pc for the forseeable future haha thans bunches in advance

A:pc won't start - power supply failure?

Okay, this could be two things: the power-supply or the monitor, both of which you'll need to find another of, at least for testing purposes. If you get the power-supply then make sure it's the same type and make (look on your computer and give us the MODEL number for your specific computer, this'll give us the specs we need to determine what kind of power-supply you need). I don't think it has anything to do with your game, but it could very well have something to do with your graphics and/or your video card as well. Is it the power, or the dv15 pluggin (that's the plug where you hook it to the comp itself, NOT power, the other one) that messes it up?

Most likely this is a power-supply matter as you pointed out and that'll require a replacement. Those things cost alot, so if you can find a used computer at the dump or something or go to a local hospital and buy one for cheap, or have a friend with one they don't use cuz it's broke or something i'd do that, but make sure it's compatible!

God Bless and In Him,

Eric

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-wont-start-power-supply-failure-205587.html
Relevancy 91.59%

power supply went out so i replaced it. Now I cannot acess any folders or files on hd. is there a way to recover the files on this hd. I plan to purchace a new drive and reinstall windows meia center on it, but i would like to get my files off the old hd.

Relevancy 91.59%

My quot home-bilt quot desktop running Win Power Possible Failure Supply Solved: ??? SE has been hanging up on boot-up so I decided to do an quot over-the-top quot reinstallation I put my Win SE CD in and rebooted instead of loading the installation CD it booted up to the installed copy of Win SE This happened Twice To check the boot sequence I went into BIOS and as I expected it was - floppy CD drive hard drive While I had BIOS open I noticed there was a line that read something like - quot CPU overheat protection quot OR quot Inoperative CPU fan protection quot followed by quot Disabled quot in RED letters I changed it to quot Armed quot BIG MISTAKE -- If it ain t broke -- don t fix it When I rebooted ALL THREE DRIVES hard drive CD-ROM amp CD-RW lite up like they were all trying to boot at once After - seconds tower shut down After Solved: Possible Power Supply Failure ??? a couple of tries I moved the tower to the kitchen table and opened it up I had a power cable BUT NO monitor It went through the same second shut-down but I noticed the Solved: Possible Power Supply Failure ??? fans CPU AGP card amp rear wall of case were all running for seconds Then I looked into the power supply grille and noticed THAT FAN was running in quot fits amp starts quot Using a pencil I noted the fan quot spun freely quot when the power was off Finally my question Was it quot coincidental quot that the power supply failed it is about five years old while I was checking BIOS or did I quot screw up quot something in the BIOS Right now I can t keep the tower powered up long enough to get back into the BIOS Any ideas or suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

I have an emachines 3210. Tonight it started as usual, but then seemed to suspend. The power indicator light just started to flash and the machine would not restart. At first, the light for the HDD was lit, but now there seems to be no power at all.

Any thoughts as to whether this is a power supply failure, does the CMOS need reset or something more fatal? Not sure where to start.

Many thanks (in advance).

Relevancy 91.59%

I had a power supply problem. The fan stopped working and I didn't realize it for a week. The computer would just freeze up at any given moment. I replaced the power supply and though "ahhh no biggie" Turned on the comp and what do you know, it still locks up. I have switched out every thing I can think of except for the CPU. It works fine as long as you are using it, but once you let it sit and it goes into a screen saver mode, It locks up. I have NO idea what could be the cause. Maybe the video card? CPU? Damaged when the power supply was going bad? HELP???

AMD 1700
728 meg ram
ECS motherboard k7vza
MSI mx400 64 meg video

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi everyone First off thanks for any help in advance I worked in tech support for years and this problem is somewhat baffling to me unfortunately I don t have all the replacement parts I was used to working with or the test systems So I am trying supply, i MB, determine which? how failure, Power CPU do or to figure out what is failing before taking trips to the store buying and testing different parts so what happened First moved to new apartment never had problems before that within minutes of turning computer desktop i was standing on the other side of the room and system just turned off didn t crash just zap no power I didn t think anything at the time since i was still moving and messing with light switches and thought i Power supply, MB, or CPU failure, how do i determine which? randomly hit a cord or something a couple days later after i had been using the computer for a while games and all one day i turn it one and it barely gets to the desktop and zap it turns off First i think crash so i hit the power button to turn it on and nothing no flicker no nothing so i think power supply burnt up or MB fried I curse in my head and go eat dinner I come back after dinner and press the button for the heck of it and what do you know it works worked all night played games cranked up the GPU nothing no problems i shut it down check all the wiring in the back everything looks solid the entire day weekend worked great lots of gaming This morning turn it on to do some work barely boots to desktop and zap off again press power button no luck By now i figure something is going on I unplug and plug in powers on for split second then nothing no lights on MB or anything Correct me if I am wrong but i have pretty much ruled out hard drives the Video card one since its new and two it isn t displaying GPU problems I don t think its an overheating problem since I used it for long periods with no problem its only on the initial startup that it powers off So i am down to whether its my Motherboard or Power Supply or possibly my CPU I have an Enermax watt powersupply designed for SLI which i am not currently using I have a K N Neo SLI mother board and an AMD processor The part I find weird is that the power supplies that i have seen fail before totally fail once they go out they do not go back on Also i have checked the MB and haven t found any physical signs of it blowing although i know that it doesn t mean its not bad and also i figured that if its the MB or CPU i would get some beeps and powers till to the MB and fans Any thoughts Travis nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

Quick question On the bottom of my yr supply laptop A70 Toshiba power failure- old Toshiba A Satellite laptop it tells me the power power supply failure- Toshiba A70 laptop supply is DC V - A If I understand this to be volts - Amps then will an alternate generic power supply of Volts -max amps cause my computer to shut down unexpectedly and repeatedly after - wks of problem-free usage After I changed my power supply prev supply just stopped working power supply failure- Toshiba A70 laptop the computer worked fine for a while then started shutting down unexpectedly On one particular day it shut down repeatedly - x and now wouldn t start properly Safe mode start screen that despite selection power supply failure- Toshiba A70 laptop would reboot back to this screen ONLY I brought it to Tiger Direct for repair explaining problem they suggested they reload the OS and found the orig hard drive to have bad sectors and further suggested a NEW hard drive They also suggested so many shutdowns may have damaged the hard drive leading to the problem It was only after they reinstalled OS and new hard drive that they found it still shut down unexpectedly I was annoyed now as this is when they realized the power supply quot wasn t enough AMPS quot and blamed problem on this I have a personal guarantee from manager now that they will refund my repair costs if I get a new power supply with proper amps and still have problem this would apparently indicate motherboard problem and not power supply and I wouldn t have needed new HD Can anybody help I am at my technological limit for understanding this particular problem Thanks nbsp

A:power supply failure- Toshiba A70 laptop

I don't know, but the people at radio shack do!
JK but there's a good chance you can find the right power supply there.

there is a very good chance that lo power could be the cause of your shut downs, did you happen notice if you battery was draining?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-failure-toshiba-a70-laptop.773713/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello there There's a really critical issue which has been pestering me and making things truly hard preventing me to fully make use of the PC A long time ago I was struck by recognized; failure Power supply > network > No BSOD a problem where upon being started the CPU lights and fan would be turned on but not the mouse lights nor the monitor display Basically it wasn't fully 'waking up' After attemps of restarting it manually it'd end up like a car that dies right after ignition A tech visit and a power supply upgrade solved it but since then at least in occasions the problem took place isolatedly Today by the morning I was browsing the PC and opened a program but after a few minutes a flashing W BSOD appeared for a second and the PC was restarted - before it could be rebooted though the previously mentioned 'fake awakening' problem stated I spent too much time trying to turn off and on the system BSOD > Power supply failure > No network recognized; to no avail while only having BSOD > Power supply failure > No network recognized; it 'turn on the lights and fan' but not being fully started After much insistence and some pressure on the PS cable it was finally turned on The system started as usual except for a single fatal issue The system simply -won't- recognize any kind of network connection at all I do have an internet modem as well as wifi-router and when I first installed W I didn't need to do anything - I simply plugged the network cable and it was recognized connected But now it seems that the system won't recognize it I tried to restart the connection tried to re-plug everything but nothing happens I still can connect to the network through mobile and lappy's wi-fi but the PC won't It's as if simply locked on a permanent offine mode even when everything else is ok The connection image does not display a yellow ' ' sign but instead a big red 'X' over the computer figure The solution centers of Windows offer no help at all nor prove able to find anything What can I do Thanks a lot in advance Ps I don't know if it's something to do with this PC problem but after trying to open some programs in lappy W I'm unable to do it as the message 'This program is blocked by group policy' appeared for the first time

A:BSOD > Power supply failure > No network recognized;

Alright, managed to find a solution!

Basically, this guide was extremely useful:

When your ethernet won't connect | PCWorld

Just had to uninstall the Intel adapter and it reinstalled the driver with a reboot, which solved the issue.

...So many hours lost until I tried it! There goes my saturday, lol..

Cheers!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70334-bsod-power-supply-failure-no-network-recognized.html
Relevancy 89.87%

After my graphics card died I installed a new nVidea GeForce GT and a Watt Dell-compatible power supoply to after Card new NIC Install Power Graphics Failure Supply, replace the Watt factory-installed Power supply to support it on my Dell Dimension WHen I boot the embedded Broadcom NetExtreme xx network adapter fails to initialize The message is quot Alert Error initializing PCI Express NIC bridge NIC failure quot I followed the Dell support recommendation to refresh the power state without any success I have checked the Power supply connections and all seems right The light coming off the network cable NIC Failure after new Power Supply, Graphics Card Install is orange I m NIC Failure after new Power Supply, Graphics Card Install connecting to hte INternet via a wireless adapter but clearly that s not a solution In addiiton a possible related problem comes when I attemtp to upgrade to Vista In the first restart during the install I get a blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the screne after the Dell splash screen apparently aborting the install I ve reverted to early OS XP at boot APpreciate any ideas Neil nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-failure-after-new-power-supply-graphics-card-install.664690/
Relevancy 89.01%

a few hours ago my mom brought home a brand new Acer Travelmate WLCi laptop after connecting the AC adaptor to the laptop I turned the thing on it worked just fine and the Acer ePower Management software showed battery power and still charging I was playing Solitaire back then only for like - minutes when suddenly the laptop just died plain died without shutdown so I turned it back on and it went back on only for like a few seconds after the Windows XP splash screen showed up it died again this time I can t turn the thing on supply TravelMate died. Acer power 4603WLCi failure? my again I checked the adaptor cable that connected to my Acer TravelMate 4603WLCi died. power supply failure? the laptop it s plugged firmly however the battery charge lamp did not lit I disconnected the adaptor cable tried to turn on the laptop it didn t work I tried removing the battery re-installing it then tried turning it on again also didn t work so I re-plugged the laptop to the adaptor and thought that it d charge up but after long hours of useless waiting it s still not showing any signs of life I assume that this is a power adaptor failure because when you connect the adaptor to the laptop the battery charge light is supposed to lit and you should be able to power-on the laptop but hey if the adaptor fails aren t I supposed to be able to power-on the laptop by just the battery well that s all I can tell for now thanks in advance for any advice s given cheers nbsp

A:my Acer TravelMate 4603WLCi died. power supply failure?

Acer Travelmate 4603WLCi laptop shut down

Hi Dhaninugraha:

The situation you described back then, now looks quite familiar to me.

The same happened to me last night. My Acer Laptop just died, just as you described. I did all the things which are common things to try to make it back working again...NOTHING !

How did you back then solve the problem. Did you find out what the failure was?

I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Best,

franziskaner12

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-travelmate-4603wlci-died-power-supply-failure.34681/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi I've been browsing the site and the internet for a sollution to my problem but can't seem te find it There are similar postings but they're always just a little different So that's why i posted the new thread Since a couple of days i've USBports down BSOD power Driver state failure /failure shutting when been experiencing troubles shutting down my PC and using my USB ports It BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports started when i tried to log onto my work from home It failed and the IT guy from work told me to reinstall citrix reciever So I did and I was able to work from home After finishing and logging out to get back to my own PC I found that my USB portst didn't work anymore I tried rebooting but af minutes BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports of quot shutting down quot I got a blue screen Driver Power State Failure with code f I did the following - tried system restore - it failed with different time stamps - update drivers - they were all up to date the system said - Malware Bytes CC Cleaner MS Essentials Hitman pro - Did them all had some minor stuff fixed that problem remained - SFC scannow - no problems - Memory check - no problems As it is now the only update I have left is the update to WIN However it has tried and failed during a few of the reboots so that doesn't seem to be and option After try all different kinds of things from a lot of posts I decided to refresh my windows install Did a lot of updating and still the problem remains Although I now found out that USB devices that are plugged in upon startup work Once I unplug en replug them they fail Hoping for you guys to be able to help me fix this I have managed to secure my recent files tnx for the cloud that weren't backed up yet So no real risk there of losing anything But would be great to not have to put it all back up So if a total clean sweep could be avoided that would be great There's a zip-file with my memorydumps attached Tnx for all your help in advance Robbert

A:BSOD Driver power state failure when shutting down /failure USBports

Are you still having BSOD problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378541-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-when-shutting-down-failure-usbports.html
Relevancy 86.86%

So I have a pirated windows 8.1 which I have been using for more than a year now. Since the past one week my drivers ( especially the internet driver) keeps crashing and stops detecting any networks. Upon an attempted restart I get the Bsod for which I have attached the files ( All the minidumps.) I run a Dell 5521 R and have updated the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them too. Kindly help ASAP as I require my wifi urgently tomorrow.
Note: After restart the drivers get refreshed automatically and start working for sometime. And then the same issue. Please help.VATSAL-Tue_02_09_2016_101910_61.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/73903-constant-bsod-failure-pci-sys-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey I got some BSOD problems Do you got time amp experience to help me I got Windows at the moment I will install Failure,Video State Power TDR Failure(nvlddmkm.sys) Driver shortly Had before i re-installed OS when the first BSOD showed up so I doubt that will fix things completely My problems ATM - Driver Power State Failure - Video TDR Failiure nvlddmkm sys - Screen freezes at start up or when I get to the desktop - Have to Disable my NVIDIA GeForce GTX M to use the CPU Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code Got two other kinds of BSOD before I re-installed windows but don't remember what they said I just felt like quot Hey I need to re-install my OS anyways so w e quot But apparently that didn't solve the problems I also gained quot NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version stopped working While playing CS GO quot but that was before I re-installed windows Driver Power State Failure,Video TDR Failure(nvlddmkm.sys) And now to use my CPU I need to go into Device Manager Driver Power State Failure,Video TDR Failure(nvlddmkm.sys) and shutdown my NVIDIA card to be able to use the CPU and use the Intel card instead If I don't shut it down my CPU will freeze the screen for days til I restart or I get a BSOD I will buy a can of air and open up my laptop and blow some dust away perhaps that could help Perhaps the NVIDIA card is burned broken and I have to buy a new PC I've tried a few different driver for my NVIDIA card also nothing works I'm no computer expert and thats why I'm here begging for help so if someone could help me out here I would appreciate it alot The dump file can be found right below this txt

A:Driver Power State Failure,Video TDR Failure(nvlddmkm.sys)

Hi Markmsigt60 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Fri Sep 26 06:15:51.972 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\092614-55906-01.dmp]

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9200.16912.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140502-1507

System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:07.738

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+5a540 )

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800892b880, fffff8800326a7f0, fffffa80089c3e10}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa800892b880, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff8800326a7f0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80089c3e10, The blocked IRP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2395

BIOS Version E16F3IMS.50R

BIOS Release Date 10/26/2012

Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

Product Name GT60

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Sep 26 04:48:05.782 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\092614-27578-01.dmp]

Built by: 9200.16912.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140502-1507

System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:18.550

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+5a540 )

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8008933880, fffff801d15df7f0, fffffa80089c1900}

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8008933880, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff801d15df7f0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80089c1900, The blocked IRP

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2395

BIOS Version E16F3IMS.50R

BIOS Release Date 10/26/2012

Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

Product Name GT60

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Tue Sep 23 22:19:55.744 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\092314-77015-01.dmp]

Built by: 9200.16864.amd64fre.win8_gdr.140309-1509

System Uptime: 0 days 6:50:27.488

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54430-driver-power-state-failure-video-tdr-failure-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Toshiba Satellite L305-5955, Ive taken apart and replaced power jack. Not directly soldered to motherboard. While still apart, and battery out/in, connected power supply and still absolutely no response. Power supply is NOT original, and slightly different specs, i.e original 19v..6.3A

current 19v..3.1A

A:Toshiba Satellite L305-5955 does not respond to power supply, new power jack

Almost certainly the problem is that the current rating is wrong, if the laptop needs
6.3 A of current, it won't function on less (just as you can't use a 3A fuse for a kettle!)
Unfortunately it must be the right current rating, I know, I've been caught that way too!
Maybe you can exchange it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l305-5955-does-not-respond-to-power-supply-new-power-jack.179540/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,
I picked up this Alienware 5700 off ebay to hopefully refurbish for my son but I'm new at this and still learning and so this thing has me baffled. The laptop is in pristine condition but shows no signs of life. When I plug in the power supply the green light on the power supply goes from solid green to blinking rapidly to the point you can barely see it. To me that would mean a short somewhere right ? If so where ? Has anyone else ever had experience with something like this ? I just don't want to go buying a new battery for a laptop that maybe fried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No power, no lights but green light on power supply blinks rapidly

Remove the laptops battery and try the AC power only. If the green light does the same, it still could only be a bad AC adapter, or at worst, a shorted laptop motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-no-lights-but-green-light-on-power-supply-blinks-rapidly.174252/
Relevancy 85.14%

Ever since i got this new motherboard and CPU ive been having a bit of a nightmare Wont Gigabyte Power up ga-ma790fx - Phenom AMD 9850 Supply & Power with it Gigabyte ga-ma fx-ds -Latest Bios AMD Phenom Black Edition gigs PC ram Corsair XMS CM X - ATI Radeon The problem is that the motherboard will NOT power up at all with the of the latest power supplies watt i have It wont work at all with Nothing happens its just dead Arctic watt Jeantech PSU brand new and working Corsair watt HX PSU working It only seems to work with my Jeantech Watt PSU and i cant for the life of me figure out why Ive tried everything to get the board to work with the new PSU s I had thought that the PSUs i got were dodgy but after testing out one in an older PC it worked fine Ive removed all parts and tried powering up and i cant get it to boot up But the PC seems to work fine with the oldish watt PSU which i find just unbelievable Can anyone help with this nightmare Now on the Gigabyte site the CPU i have isnt listed as supported by this motherboard which is kinda worrying could this be the reason If so how the old Power Supply Wont Power up - Gigabyte ga-ma790fx & AMD Phenom 9850 PSU boots up I just want to have the fracking thing working with the right PSU nbsp

A:Power Supply Wont Power up - Gigabyte ga-ma790fx & AMD Phenom 9850

if I read the specifications right on your mobo... it implies that it has the 4 pin PCI-e input(power) but it also has the 8pin ATX power conector. (it may be simply removing a cap that is actually right next to the 4 pin connector, thus making it an 8 pin connector (thats how it was on my mobo)

Try using the 8pin power with your new PSU, see if that works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-wont-power-up-gigabyte-ga-ma790fx-amd-phenom-9850.112038/
Relevancy 85.14%

Yesterday in my house,electric fuse was switched to turn on cooker in my kitchen. During this power delivery was stopped for 4-5 second only.
When power back on then pc automatically turns on and just before bios show me :"?Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit.
Press F1 to continue.? And then pc booted fine to Windows.

Is this normal ? Did it damage something? Why i get that message is this normal?

PC:
6700K stock
16GB DDR4
Asus Z170-P
Corsair 750 RM
Gtx 1080
SSD 1x

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66598-power-supply-surges-detected-during-previous-power-asus-anti-su.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Dell 8600 about two years old. When I plug in the AC adapter, it intermittently fades to the battery as though the plug was pulled out (its not) and of course the screen fades in an out when every time it swithces--it does it every 30 to 60 seconds or so. I switched to a different AC adapter (I have a Dell 600M with the same AC adapter)-same thing so I know it is something internally. Any ideas?

A:Dell Laptop Power Supply Fading In and Out--power jack is bad or loose?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-power-supply-fading-in-and-out-power-jack-is-bad-or-loose.472044/
Relevancy 85.14%

I m interested in the Toshiba G laptop but have heard that you can t use it on airplane seat power It comes with a W AC power supply Vx A but I ve been told that most airlines limit seat power to - W max Lind sells a V car adaptor for the G but specifically won t include an airline plug for this reason which I can get independently of course I ve read some interesting electrical discussions on this board Can ya ll comment on the following or provide any general advice about power consumption Given that the voltage of the laptop and airline seat power pretty much match up - V if the amp draw on the laptop exceeds what the airline power supply can deliver what will happen Will it damage the laptop to feed it insufficient current Will it shut down Supply, Power Airline 120W limitations Toshiba Power G25-AV513, the laptop altogether Merely dim the screen If I remove the laptop battery which requires power to charge it how much will that reduce the power Toshiba G25-AV513, 120W Power Supply, Airline Power limitations need of the laptop I m not sure how to work the Toshiba G25-AV513, 120W Power Supply, Airline Power limitations math but the spec sheet states the battery supplies mAh at A output Does it require the same to charge it Most importantly on my hour transpacific flights will the DVD player work with that ultrabrite screen at the low airline power supply A nice feature of the laptop is that you can watch DVDs without powering up the Windows operating system it has a small linux OS for the DVD player Granted the DVD drive and screen are probably of the most power hungry devices Has anyone used a G or a similar W laptop on a plane The ToshibaDirect support staff were mum on the issue probably for legal reasons Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-g25-av513-120w-power-supply-airline-power-limitations.29934/
Relevancy 84.71%

It's been a while since I built a system from scratch and have a... errr... simple question

gfx: Sapphire HD3850 512MB Ultimate (passive)
http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=225&grp=3

MB: MSI P35 Neo2 FIR
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1261&maincat_no=1

PSU: Seasonic M12II 500W
http://www.seasonic.com/product/pc_retail.jsp

The motherboard has a power connector for the graphic card next to the slot.

Is there any reason I should connect the power for the card to the power connector on the board instead of directly to the power supply?

A:Graphic card power to power supply or connector on motherboard?

First time I have ever seen that feature. I like it. I'm thinking that is a neat/easy way to partially eliminate cable clutter from the PSU. Give it a shot, you can always revert to PSU cable if you wish.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-power-to-power-supply-or-connector-on-motherboard.705154/
Relevancy 84.71%

Sorry I don't know the proper terms, but basically the pin inside the jack where the power cord gets plugged into on my laptop was bent so that it's really hard for me to plug in my power cord and have it stay in place. My warranty with best buy has expired, so I need to figure out how to solve this problem on my own. I can't just leave it like this because the cord comes out really easily and I can't continue to work with such a tenuous setup. Anyway, is this just a matter of replacing the entire unit inside my laptop? I know you probably need more information, but I'm not sure what to provide, so please ask any questions. The laptop is a Toshia M-45, about 3-4 years old. Thanks in advance

A:Bent power supply pin - Hard to plug in power cord

umm.. bend it back so it's closer to normal? That's all I can say about it. usually works for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bent-power-supply-pin-hard-to-plug-in-power-cord.820239/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I just bought an HP pavilion e9300 a few week ago. And I am going to upgrade the power supply so that I can get a new graphic card--ATI 4870 which requires at least 500 watt power supply. My current computer is shipped with a 350 watt power supply. I will probably get a 650 watt considering the 70% effeciency of power supply.
However, when I talked to an HP technician, he insisted that I could go for a power supply with no more 450 watt. Because the system I just got has a motherboard which has a max power limit 450 watt. He said if I go beyond that, the motherboard will burn out.
So what shall I do? I really want to get ATI 4870 work well on my computer.
Thx very much.

A:Does power supply with higher power rating really burn motherboard?

The long answer is "No".
Just be sure of the dimensions of the power supply before you order a replacement, as HP uses some pretty strange sizes sometimes, and you want the new one to fit with room to spare.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-power-supply-with-higher-power-rating-really-burn-motherboard.148700/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello guys.  Can anyone help me understand the power supply on the HP Envy Phoenix 860-019?  The PCIE connector 6 pin connected to the GTX 960 has black and white wires.  Shouldn't there be yellow and black wires?  Yellow is usually 12 volt and black wires ground.  Is the 6 pin connected to my GTX 960  supplying a standard 75 watts of power or something else?  I want to install a GTX 1070 but the 6 pin wire colors are not the industry standard color scheme.  Also there is a 2 pin power connector with a white and black wire.  Usually a 6 pin and a 2 pin can be used together to connect into a 8 pin socket on a GTX 1070.  Will my connectors supply the needed power and connect properly because the color scheme on the wires make no sense. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Strange-Color-Scheme-for-Power-Connectors-on-Power-Supply-of/td-p/5819631
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Sony VGC-RB42G computer. I recently moved my computer, cleaned off all the dust, and when I plugged everything back in, it won't power up. The light on the power supply blinks green, inside the motherboard also has a green light that blinks as well. It has a ticking sound too, but I am not sure if it is coming from the power supply or the motherboard. Any idea what could be wrong.

FYI, I have already unplugged everything from the power supply, pulled out the ram, checked the battery, and put everything back together and still no change. One thing I thought was strange was after I unplugged everything, I pulled the power into the power supply again and this time the green light came on but did not blink. It stayed solid.

Help
ncleo

A:No Power, Blinking green light on power supply and motherboard

Sounds like a Power Supply problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-power-blinking-green-light-on-power-supply-and-motherboard.646158/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,

I would appreciate any help with the following problem: the pc sometimes seemingly randomly shows BSOD with errors named in the title, I also attach corresponding screenshots. The problem wont happen if the PC power is supplied from the adapter AND there is some content running on the screen (video in VLC f.ex.). Other important symptoms are: Can not turn off the laptop. There will be endless blue screen saying shutting down,while PC already stopped working. I also can not get the PC to sleep. If i I go to sleep mode, display turns black, PC is still working on and on and I can not go back to desktop anymore.

Thank you very much for your help.

Ales

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385966-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-driver-irql-not-less-equal.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Working on a dell dimension 2400,think may have bad power supply.Anybody know if that model uses a proprietary PSU? or will a regular industry standard one work?

A:Dell Power Dimension 2400 power supply

Should be a standard ATX PS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-power-dimension-2400-power-supply.488276/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi forum and pc gurus My problem is specified down to my PSU at least I think so W Logisys PSU - maybe the quality has something to do with it I paid for it from NEW EGG I have A Gigabyte GA- P-DS Motherboard a Intel Core DUO Conroe GHz processor with heatsink and get I HELL! POWER FROM PC built HELP! custom power to on! cannot SUPPLY my Fan Sapphire ATI X Pro GIGS of WINTEC DDR PC RAM SATA Maxtor GIG HD inch SATA Gig HD and two DVD Burner Optical Drives both IDE I have it hooked up like this two Optical Drives connected to IDE connector cable which POWER SUPPLY FROM HELL! I cannot get my custom built PC to power on! HELP! is hooked into the IDE input on the motherboard both are set to slave Two CD outs connected one to each Optical Drives to one CD input on the motherboard Both HD s are connected to SATA inputs on the motherboard one is set for master one is set for slave I heard that it did not matter but wanted to state that anyway then my ATI RADEON X is hooked directly into my only PCI Xpress slot The power connectors are then all hooked into their respective inputs on the drives and Video Card ANd last but not least all the Power button and LED connectors are hooked into their input on the motherboard wich I set up exactly as the motherboard diagrams and directions directed I turned the switch on the PSU to on and I only got a faint mouse like squeek then nothing not even the fan So I figured it was DOA so I had newegg send me another I got it today installed it hooked all the power connectors to the hardware then popped the switch to on nothing again and the same little squeeky mouse like noise I have no idea what went wrong and this is my first custom built computer for me so any help would be great In relation I did not wear a ESD protective wristband but I did constantly touch metal to keep myself grounded but I couldnt rule out ESD to the motherboard I hope not but it is a possibility AND what is the possibility that both PSUs were DOA and what is the possibility that W is not enough to power my entire system THANKS GUYS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE Oh and yeah I have it set to V nbsp

A:POWER SUPPLY FROM HELL! I cannot get my custom built PC to power on! HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-from-hell-i-cannot-get-my-custom-built-pc-to-power-on-help.584624/
Relevancy 84.28%

Yea...so we finally got my girlfriends new PC up and running. The problem im having...or more of a concern really. Is when you flip off the power supply, and then flip it back on, the PC gets a short burst of power. IE the lights and fans all come on for a second or two. Then you can press the power button and turn it back on.

Any ideas guys?

Relevancy 84.28%

Ok so it's time again for me to pick a new power supply however I'm in need of some help determining the appropriate wattage for my hardware setup AMD Phenom II X nm AM GSkill Ripjaw X GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - new a Consumption-Picking Supply Hardware Power Power Corsair TX w I dont think its the V ASUS M A AM r here are the voltages listed on speccy if they are of any use V V V V CPU CORE V VIN V VIN V V V VIN Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply V VIN V VIN V ASUS ATI Radeon HD x in Crossfire w ea GB Patriot Pyro SE SSD GB OCZ OCZ-ONYX SSD LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS ATA I have terrible luck with random bsod's and power supplies pooping on me I want to pick one this time that will last me Also I have my power running through a Monster Power HT I live in a new apartment so the wiring should be ok I've dusted out all Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply of the components inside the case double checked my connections all that jazz I've got a cooler over my memory I am still using my stock cpu cooler but thats changing soon I get crashes idle too Any help I could recieve I would appreciate thanks Andrew

A:Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply

You have pretty much the same problem as me (getting BSOD's randomly). For me it's bulging capacitors on motherboard. You should take a closer look for capacitors on your motherboard. Dead capacitors look something like that:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...densatoren.jpg

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230075-hardware-power-consumption-picking-new-power-supply.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I shut down my Pavilion Elite for 1 week while away and now it will not turn on. The power supply light is on, I replaced the CMOS battery and the power switch is ok.

A:Pavilion elite power supply light on, won't power up

As you did not mention any message or display on the screen, I would use this tutorial for a step by step diagnostic.  It also helps to remove the side panel, and visually watch the CPU and rear case fan movement(s).  As you press the power button, pay attention to the fans. Also does the Power Supply LED stay ON? Or did it go OUT when you pressed the power button?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-elite-power-supply-light-on-won-t-power-up/td-p/5700798
Relevancy 83.85%

I am receiving random BSODs with the subject line description.  My first stop was to the HP Support site to possibly update any drivers (like bios??).  I found many driver updates available, including 2 for the bios.  I really have no clue as to which driver updates to install, even after reading the details.  I looked for where it says recommended or required or something but didn't see it.  I then installed the HP Support Solutions and did a scan to determine what drivers it thought I needed and it came up with none.  Now I'm real confused.  Does that mean all the driver updates on the HP site are just optional?  Can someone provide a good site link to read about how to determine which drivers are needed?  Thank you for your help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BSOD-quot-Driver-Power-State-Failure-quot-update-a-driver/td-p/5662395
Relevancy 83.85%

First problem:
For a couple of day my computer has been running a little hotter than usual, with the cpu being used at 25% when I am doing barely nothing. Lately now it also has been bluescreening me with the driver power state failure label
0.00...9f
0x00...4
0x00...258
and some more but my picture cut the rest off.

I don't know what driver is the issue and what to do

Second problem:
I was looking through my drivers and trying to update them with device manger, but oddly whenever I try to update a driver my computer tries to update my bluetooth driver. When that happens the driver isn't found on my computer and gives me an error msg.

Thank you.

A:Driver power state failure & Bluetooth driver is missing

New update: I figured out how to update drivers separately, and I updated Realtek PCIE CardReader, synaptics ps/2 port touchpad, Mirosoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter #1 & 2, virtualbox host-only ethernet adapter,

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/279309-driver-power-state-failure-bluetooth-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello.I am new here so please excuse me for any mistake i might make.

Just when i sing in my account i get an error and my laptop restarts.
My operating system is windows 8.
I have collected all the information you might need with SF diagnostic tool.

Attachment 48873

Hope you help me.

A:Driver Power State Failure ntoskrnl.Unkown driver.

Hi Simiskos123 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the latest dump file for informative purposes :-

Code:
******************************************************************************** *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80046a3060, fffff880009bfb40, fffffa80088498f0}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
1: kd> !irp fffffa80088498f0
Irp is active with 4 stacks 3 is current (= 0xfffffa8008849a50)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace. Pending has been returned
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 2 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000
Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 ffffffffc000000e
[ 16, 0] 0 2 fffffa80046a3060 00000000 fffff88006e17018-fffffa80085907c0
\Driver\pci nvlddmkm
Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8005a6b290 00000000 fffff8024d33445c-fffffa8007da6cc0 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\nvlddmkm nt!PopRequestCompletion
Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa8007da6cc0
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa80046a3060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff880009bfb40, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80088498f0, The blocked IRP
Debugging Details:
------------------

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3
IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5010ab1f
MODULE_NAME: pci
FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000f08000 pci
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre
DPC_STACK_BASE: FFFFF880009BFFB0
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`009bfb08 fffff802`4d3968be : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`046a3060 fffff880`009bfb40 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`009bfb10 fffff802`4d3968f1 : fffffa80`07da6cc0 fffffa80`07133770 fffff880`009bfc89 fffff802`4d283046 : nt!PopIrpWatchdogBugcheck+0xe2
fffff880`009bfb70 fffff802`4d28333a : fffffa80`07133770 00000000`00000000 fffff880`009bfe68 00000bd9`00000000 : nt!PopIrpWatchdog+0x32
fffff880`009bfbc0 fffff802`4d2817a5 : fffff880`00991f10 fffff802`4d282e4f fffff880`009bfe00 fffff802`4d4fbd80 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0x22a
fffff880`009bfcf0 fffff802`4d2837b8 : fffff880`0098f180 fffff802`4d4faf80 fffff880`00000005 00000000`0007d048 : nt!KiExpireTimerTable+0xa9
fffff880`009bfd90 fffff802`4d282b56 : fffff880`0098f180 0000001f`27763b6b fffffa80`03e99b00 00000000`00000025 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0xc8
fffff880`009... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51853-driver-power-state-failure-ntoskrnl-unkown-driver.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello all Trying to sort out my roommate s computer but haven t got a clue what s wrong with it It s a year old Toshiba laptop running Vista with an AMD Turion X Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM- processor It s running out of harddrive space but the typical CPU usage seems to be holding at less than percent It went in to the shop a couple of months ago to have the CD drive re-sitted and the screen replaced It had to go back to have the screen replaced a second time because the one they installed had dead spots The screen is still giving us issues the connecting cable seems loose It goes black frequently when the computer is moved Recently things have been running slowly on the computer namely Hulu and similar sites I tried running Malware Bytes to see if a virus could be slowing it down but the program won t complete It gets close but then either the screen goes to a broken image all colors and lines like fuzz on a TV or it goes to the blue screen and Power Failure Driver says the Driver Power has failed Same happens if I try running a full sweep of Webroot the spyware program I mainly use Only Webroot stays running so they shouldn Driver Power Failure t be conflicting I was assuming it s the screen but I don t like that it shuts down every time I run a scan of any sort It s making me paranoid I admit nbsp

A:Driver Power Failure

well, i had a laptop at on time and the graphics card had two pins to connect to the screen so i could see how a similar type connection could slip. you would need to go to a shop to get those sorted out. the screen might be a loose RAM. other than that i couldn't tell you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-power-failure.994580/
Relevancy 83.85%

Guys,
I need your help
I'm suffering from BSOD every now and then especially when I enable optimus in my bios.
The bsod is Driver_POWER_FAILURE
I've attached the dump files with my system specs
I appreciate if someone tell me what is causing the problem

A:Driver Power Failure

Hi,

The crash dump is blaming your NVIDIA video driver, but it is not that simple and that is not the actual cause. So, we ponder.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm PBADRV
start end module name
fffff800`01a45000 fffff800`01a51000 PBADRV (deferred)
Image path: PBADRV.sys
Image name: PBADRV.sys
Timestamp: Mon Jan 07 14:12:13 2008 (4782798D)
CheckSum: 000085EF
ImageSize: 0000C000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

As you can see, this driver above is running scared and won't even tell me its location on the machine, which is highly unusual in and of itself. Search your computer for it or look in C:\Windows\System32\drivers for it. When found, rename it to PBADRV.BAK then reboot.

Please update this driver:

Code:
cvusbdrv cvusbdrv.sys Tue May 10 17:05:33 2011 (4DC9A89D)

Driver Reference Table - cvusbdrv.sys

Please update your Creative Camera driver, which is the most likely culprit:

Code:
CtClsFlt CtClsFlt.sys Mon Jun 15 01:06:41 2009 (4A35D6E1)

Creative Worldwide Support
Please keep us informed of how things are going after. Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38788-driver-power-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi all!

I have a HP Pavilion tx2000 P/N: KN966UA#ABA with Windows Vista Home Premium Build 6002: Service Pack 2.

I recently just bought a HP xb4 Docking Station for it, which uses Connector 3 for expansion.

When I first boot up, everything works fine, I'm checking email, or surfing the net, until suddely all the USB's would stop functioning and in a few minutes or so, I would get a blue screen with either a "Driver Power State Failure, or a Bug Code USB Driver" error.

I have been dealing with this issue for a number of weeks, searching online, or working with the issue myself, maybe finding some type of common application or hardware piece that might be causing it, but no luck!

I have attached the last Dump File.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and I can't wait for Win7!

-Noe

Relevancy 82.99%
Relevancy 82.99%

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite S55-C5363 and I have been semi-frequently getting BSOD due to "Driver Power State Failure." This usually happens when I try to run software that is somewhat graphically intensive, such as solidworks or photoshop. In either case, they run for a period of time (sometimes long, sometimes short), and then I encounter the bluescreen. I believe my computer has a good enough specs to run this software. Either way, I don't think my computer should be crashing.
I have malwarebytes installed and am currently running a scan. I just installed bluescreenview. Let me know if I should download any software and attach any logs. Attached is a log from speccy.
Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630948/driver-power-state-failure/
Relevancy 82.99%

Recently I've been getting blue-screened every 15 minutes or so with a Driver Power State Error. I'm beginning to get desperate for a solution. Attaching the DMP file seems difficult, as it is over 300MB, somehow. Is there any way to split off the more recent part of it, or an easy upload service where I could send it?

I used a program called Bluescreenview to make a text file out of the most recent dump... I think. Here's the text file it gave me.

A:Driver Power State Failure

We really need your full crash reports to be able to assist you. Please follow the blue screen posting instructions to receive help with your crashes.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-power-state-failure-687199.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hey
Lately when ever i shutdowm my computer i eather get shutdowns taking as long as 30 mintues or a BSoD with a Driver power state Failure. Can anyone help? I have noticed that members here attached the Minidump as a .zip file, for you to figure out the problem , I dont know how to do that ..There are no other problems with system proformace. Also, when it restarts again it gives me messag that hardware ID missing, I dont know what does that mean.. shall I reformat the computer??

my PC information is
HP pavilion tx 2500
Windows Vista, SP1

looking forward to your reply and support..

A:Driver power state Failure

Please follow the directions here to upload the information that we need: http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-power-state-failure-450332.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have been getting a blue screen of death lately and I was hoping somebody could help me out with it. I included the attached minidump folder.

A:Driver State Power Failure

Hello,

Please take a look at the following thread and perform the steps.

Once you have the requested reports attach them to the next post.

This will provide more information to help diagnose your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-state-power-failure-685751.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I think the general set of symptoms apply to my situation I haven't experienced a shut down while using my laptop but I've come home on occasion and it was shutdown though I'm fairly certain I left it on Additionally if I close the lid and allow the computer to go into 'sleep' mode it won't start back up instead it says that it ran into a problem and will gather some info and restart for me It also states Failure Power Driver State that I can look up quot POWER STATE DRIVER FAILURE quot to learn more about the problem which lead me here I think I've followed the instructions properly but if there is information you need from me that isn't provided please let me know Windows -bit came installed Purchased early December Intel i - U Ivy Bridge Intel HD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce M Factory power supply amp battery Lenovo Ideapad U Model Of note about this particular laptop I believe they were initially being sold with Windows so although this one arrived brand new not refurbished with Windows already installed from the factory I don't know that it wasn't sitting on a self in the warehouse with the previous version of Windows and then was upgraded before being shipped out I have no clue if that actually matters at all Lastly these laptops were infamous for wireless issues resulting in slow connections power signals and intermittent signal Power State Driver Failure lose From what I found online it was a hardware issue that Lenovo addressed prior to the manufacture date of my particular unit Again I don't know if that information can be of any use but I figure I should pass it along just in case Regards

A:Power State Driver Failure

Some more specifics...

Power supply is Lenovo, model ADP-65KH B, 20V output.

I also spent a bunch of time updating all the drivers, etc. that I could find...which didn't help. I didn't find any anti-virus software to remove, which I've seen in other threads can be problems.

Also, I forgot to attach the second report in my initial post so I've attached it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/power-state-driver-failure-683978.html
Relevancy 82.99%

not too long ago, after being put on sleep mode, my hp touchsmart has been showing a message on a blue screen and it says something about the power state driver has failed or something, i have no idea how to resolve this, does anyone know how i can? i would really appreciate it. thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-state-failure-driver-572867.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Sorry I have NO CLUE but I keep getting that DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE also. I have no idea what to do or how to do anything! Can someone email me on what I should do because I wont know how to get back here (sorry)
thank you
[email address removed]

A:Driver power state failure

Have you updated any drivers lately?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-power-state-failure.186167/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a user whose laptop has been acting up, crashing, freezing, etc. randomly, she was only using word.

Her BSOD happened after awaking from sleep. Error message was "driver power state failure" stop: 0x0000009f (or however many zeros!). She had to pull the battery to get the laptop to restart.

I've attached the SF zip file - any help appreciated!

Thanks
erin

A:driver power state failure

Probably caused by : nusb3xhc.sys NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver: Support/Design | Renesas Electronics

Update Driver: RENESAS/NEC Drivers & Firmwares

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252847-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I have an issue very similar to the one in this thread:

[SOLVED] driver power state failure bsod

I have used driver verifier and caused my computer to bsod under those specific settings, here is my dump file:

Any assistance would be appreciated!

A:driver power failure state

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4) bug check.

This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

BugCheck C4, {73, e, e0008000, 1000}

^^ The 1st parameter of the bug check is 0x73 which indicates that MmMapIoSpace called when not at DISPATCH_LEVEL or below.

If we take a look at the call stack:

Code:

0: kd> kv
Child-SP RetAddr : Args to Child : Call Site
fffff800`00b9c008 fffff800`02f073dc : 00000000`000000c4 00000000`00000073 00000000`0000000e 00000000`e0008000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c010 fffff800`02f18996 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+0x3c
fffff800`00b9c050 fffff880`0f691c2b : 00000000`e0008000 00000000`00000001 00000000`0000003e fffff880`0f68e0e6 : nt!VerifierMmMapIoSpace+0x36
fffff800`00b9c090 00000000`e0008000 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`0000003e fffff880`0f68e0e6 fffffa80`0c7d3780 : nvlddmkm+0x1e6c2b
fffff800`00b9c098 00000000`00000001 : 00000000`0000003e fffff880`0f68e0e6 fffffa80`0c7d3780 00000000`ffffffff : 0xe0008000
fffff800`00b9c0a0 00000000`0000003e : fffff880`0f68e0e6 fffffa80`0c7d3780 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000030 : 0x1
fffff800`00b9c0a8 fffff880`0f68e0e6 : fffffa80`0c7d3780 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000030 00000000`00000000 : 0x3e
fffff800`00b9c0b0 fffffa80`0c7d3780 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000030 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b05b010 : nvlddmkm+0x1e30e6
fffff800`00b9c0b8 00000000`ffffffff : 00000000`00000030 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b05b010 fffffa80`0beca010 : 0xfffffa80`0c7d3780
fffff800`00b9c0c0 00000000`00000030 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b05b010 fffffa80`0beca010 00000000`ffffffff : 0xffffffff
fffff800`00b9c0c8 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`0b05b010 fffffa80`0beca010 00000000`ffffffff fffff880`0fbc6e4a : 0x30
^^ We can see that it was nvlddmkm.sys (nVidia video driver) that called into MmMapIoSpace, and verifier caught it occurring.

The IRQL at the time of the crash was 14.

Code:

0: kd> !irql
Debugger saved IRQL for processor 0x0 -- 14 (IPI_LEVEL)
------------

1. Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

2. Remove and replace McAfee with Microsoft Security Essentials for temporary troubleshooting purposes:

McAfee removal - How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-power-failure-state-813362.html
Relevancy 82.99%

i have HP-Pavallion slimline s3430f desktop , i have windows 7 x64 bit and the blue screen comes anytimes it goes sleep and its moving very slow....i think i have a bad driver, but i cant figure out where.

can some one help me..thanks in advance

I had the same problem. Try uninstalling the "HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection" drivers. I did that and my HP is running more smoothly now, but it was easy getting rid of the old drivers. I had to manually copy the new "HP 3d Driveguard" drivers to replace the old Protectsmart drivers. Good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/driver-power-state-failure-456953.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Good morning to one and all.

I have been getting this failure on and off for months now and I hope somebody can help.
It isn't to bad but I would like to get to know what the problem is.

Many thanks.

Your BIOS dates from 2010. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

Interestingly, each of the memory dumps mentions GEARAspiWDM.sys - a driver most commonly used by iTunes.
I'd suggest uninstalling iTunes in order to test this (but don't suspect that this is the cause). The reason it's involved (I think) is because the error is in the section of the chipset drivers that involves the controllers for the CD/DVD drives.

If this is your motherboard: ECS Web Site > GF8100VM-M5 (V1.0)
Then your chipset is the GeForce 8100/nForce 720a - which does have Win8 and 8.1 compatible drivers available from nVidia here: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers I cannot tell the dates of the drivers from the date of the package - you'll have to install it and see if the drivers are updated (we'll check them in any subsequent BSOD's).

But, the ECS website doesn't have any BIOS later than 2010 - and it appears it doesn't support Win8 on this motherboard.

Please update these older drivers (they're all part of the chipset drivers). Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

nvsmu.sys Mon Jun 29 03:36:37 2009 (4A486F05)
nVidia nForce System Management Controller (nVidia nForce chipset driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvsmu.sys

nvmf6264.sys Wed Jul 1 14:55:18 2009 (4A4BB116)
nVidia nForce network driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvmf6264.sys

nvBridge.kmd Wed Jul 8 12:31:23 2009 (4A54C9DB)
nVidia Compatible Vista Kernel Mode Driver (likely belongs to nForce chipset drivers)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvBridge.kmd

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Oct 8 02:53:03.274 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\100813-20451-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (3 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:4 days 11:39:35.648
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GEARAspiWDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GEARAspiWDM.sys
Probably caused by :atapi.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80043bb600, fffff8001e93f930, fffffa8003c02010}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa80043bb600, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff8001e93f930, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa8003c02010, The blocked IRP
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_IMAGE_atapi.sys
BIOS Version 080015
BIOS Release Date 04/15/2010
Manufacturer ECS
Product Name GF8100VM-M5
**************************Thu Oct 3 15:12:22.256 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\100313-55302-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (3 procs) Free x64
System Uptime:9 days 7:22:27.411
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GEARAspiWDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GEARAspiWDM.sys
Probably caused by :atapi.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80043bb600, fffff8026c03f930, ffff... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32510-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I've had this issue with windows and now and i'm slowly getting failure Driver state power tired of it Whenever i Driver power state failure wake my pc up it crashes about minutes into use with the error quot Driver power state failure quot amp it writes a minidump see attachment for sample Currently this is a clean install with only custom ATI drivers installed for my graphics card I did install software already Driver power state failure lightroom office but generally i'm only running firefox when it happens The minidump mentions iscsi i do use this occasionally my nas isn't always on so it can't always Driver power state failure find the iscsi target on the server all help towards a solution is very much appreciated Kind regards Rik Some error details DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time usually minutes Arguments Arg A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time Arg ffffe e Physical Device Object of the stack Arg fffff a a aa nt TRIAGE F POWER on Win otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack Arg ffffe The blocked IRP DRVPOWERSTATE SUBCODE IMAGE NAME msiscsi sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP f c MODULE NAME msiscsi FAULTING MODULE fffff msiscsi DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x F PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL STACK TEXT fffff a a a fffff fff d f ffffe e fffff a a aa nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a a a fffff fff f ffffe fffff ffffe a fffff e dbc nt PopIrpWatchdogBugcheck xde fffff a a ad fffff e e fffff a a c ffffe ffffe nt PopIrpWatchdog x fffff a a b fffff f bea fffff f fffff f fffff ea ffffe ead nt KiRetireDpcList x b fffff a a da fffff a a fffff a a nt KiIdleLoop x a More in the dump file

now with the minidump, i'm now using the SD diag tool to add more details.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32393-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi there,
please could someone help me. My laptop started crashing a little while back after itunes updated so i uninstalled and re-installed it but things got worse an crashes were happening a couple times a day, so i decided to do a fresh windows install to try repair damaged program files. well i am still having issues not as dramatic and as often but i really want to be done with this issue asap. help would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
avgtdia.sys Thu Aug 1 20:06:31 2013 (51FA6B67)
avgrkx64.sys Tue Sep 10 04:42:59 2013 (522E4EF3)
avgfwd6a.sys Thu Sep 26 13:44:43 2013 (5243E5EB)
avgmfx64.sys Tue Oct 1 04:49:53 2013 (524A0011)
AVG contributes to BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Code:
TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys Fri May 25 16:28:19 2012 (4FBF5EC3)

Quote:
This software is a known cause of BSOD's. The windows 7 operating system does not require these registry cleaning software. They often tune-down rather than tune-up and can wreck the OS beyond repair. Microsoft have improved Windows 7 significantly and it is much better at organising and optimising itself than its predecessors. Check this, this and this thread for evidence. If you feel the need to use a registry cleaning or optimisation software, most of us recommend the use of CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download but make sure you back up the registry before making letting ccleaner delete anything. 10 Tips on How to Properly Maintain Your Computer

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Fri Mar 7 12:27:02.805 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:57:22.648
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007c03a20, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa800b40b520}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Debug session time: Thu Mar 6 00:14:39.729 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:45:15.056
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007c02a20, fffff80000ba2748, fffffa800da7e550}
PROCESS_NAME: TrustedInstall
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Debug session time: Wed Mar 5 14:50:37.493 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:47.820
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007c03a20, fffff80000b9c4d8, fffffa8008aabc60}

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324482-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

-Win 8.1, recently upgraded from 8
- x64
- Win 8 was the original OS on the laptop
- OEM, came pre-installed
- 1.5 years
- Upgraded to 8.1 about a month ago

- i7 4700MQ
- GT 750M

- Lenovo
- Y410p

-Laptop

I can't access my System Health Report, whenever I try to run perfmon/report in cmd (As administrator), I get an error message saying THE OPERATOR OR ADMINISTRATOR HAS REFUSED THE REQUEST. I can manually view the report in Performance Monitor but I have no idea how to save it from there, there is no option to save the report anyhow.

Hi. . .

BSODs appear to be related to USB, but the dumps are not giving up the 3rd party driver name.

See if Driver Verifier flags any 3rd party drivers - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-power-state-failure-961513.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Turning on the computer or after some time of use sometimes gives the BSOD power_driver_state_failure. after resetting it usually enters the windows. Could anyone help me with this problem?

A:Power Driver State Failure

Update drivers in red. Run System File Checker. Remove Alcohol 120 and/or Daemon Tools if using them.

Code:

HECIx64.sys Thu Sep 17 21:54:16 2009 (4AB293E8)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

NTIOLib_X64.sys Wed Oct 20 08:45:49 2010 (4CBE901D)
MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5[br][br]Recently (Nov 2014) there have been numerous instances of this driver in memory dumps. Analysis reveals that they are scattered throughout the filesystem by the installed MSI command utilities. For now I suggest uninstalling them all.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIOLib_X64.sys

Rt630x64.sys Fri May 10 11:59:08 2013 (518CC4EC)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

agp440.sys Thu Aug 22 13:39:35 2013 (5215F877)
Intel AGP Bus Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=agp440.sys

nv_agp.sys Thu Aug 22 13:39:38 2013 (5215F87A)
NVIDIA nForce AGP Bus Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nv_agp.sys

RTKVHD64.sys Wed May 14 12:28:52 2014 (53734564)
Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys

nvhda64v.sys Mon Jul 21 16:17:53 2014 (53CD2111)
nVidia HDMI Audio Device (nForce chipset driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys

nvvad64v.sys Thu Sep 25 17:39:23 2014 (5424372B)
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys

NvStreamKms.sys Sat Nov 1 00:04:56 2014 (54541598)
nVidia Streaming Kernel service - may cause BSOD in Win8.1 systems (found in May 2014). Date/TimeStamp: Tue Apr 29 20:59:44 2014 (53604B00) MAY NOT BE A PROBLEM, this is a tenative posting - Appears that April 29 driver is a problem, July 2014 drivers seem OK
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NvStreamKms.sys

nvlddmkm.sys Wed Nov 12 21:51:31 2014 (5463C853)
nVidia Video drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

Debug session time: Mon Dec 22 04:37:56.517 2014 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\122214-20953-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 6:20:57.207
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atapi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atapi.sys
Probably caused by : atapi.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe00064a07610, fffff8026865faa0, ffffe00066c8f010}
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments:
Arg2: ffffe00064a07610, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff8026865faa0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: ffffe00066c8f010, The blocked IRP
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_atapi.sys
MaxSpeed: 2800
CurrentSpeed: 2793
BiosVersion = V17.4
BiosReleaseDate = 08/26/2011
SystemManufacturer = MSI
SystemProductName = MS-7636
Debug session time: Sat Dec 20 14:34:37.525 2014 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\122014-18640-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 13:44:27.356
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atapi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atapi.sys
Probably caused by : atapi.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, ffffe001ee409060, fffff8039025faa0, ffffe001ef973b50}
Bu... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58887-power-driver-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi - my Lenovo G500s, which I bought in October, says DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE about once a week. It's on Windows 8.1. The laptop closes whatever I'm doing, gathers data, then restarts. I understand this is a serious error. What do I need to do to fix it?

Moved to Bsod,App crashes and Hangs for further help.
Please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-power-state-failure-810842.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I shut down my laptop as I usually do, but I was short in time, so I didn't watch it turn off. When I came back home a few hours later, I found it turned on, showing the lock screen. Apparently it had a BSOD while it was shutting down and then restared.
I ran bluescreen view and it said it was a driver power state failure cause by ntoskrnl.exe, but I have no idea what to do to prevent it from happening again... It was the only time so far, but I had that same BSOD on another laptop and it was recurrent, a real pain in the ass... I don't want that to happen to this laptop too.

I was hoping maybe you could help me figure out how fix that... thanks in advance!

Not much info here.

I wonder about USB devices first - as there's traces of Windows USB drivers in the stack.
In particular I'm suspicious of the Rainbow Tech/SafeNet USB Security Device - as it's driver (Sentinel64.sys) dates from 2008 and I've seen problems with these devices in the past.

If I'm correct, uninstalling the software for this device and physically removing it from your system should stop the BSOD's.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 05:36:41 2009 (499D3639)
LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual network interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hamachi.sys

KMWDFILTER.sys Wed Apr 29 02:20:48 2009 (49F7F1C0)
UASSOFT.com HID (mouse) Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=KMWDFILTER.sys

PxHlpa64.sys Tue Oct 20 14:08:42 2009 (4ADDFCAA)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

Rt630x64.sys Wed Oct 19 08:12:55 2011 (4E9EBEC7)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Tue Sep 17 10:54:34.840 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091713-34382-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
System Uptime:0 days 1:35:19.741
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbhub.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hidusb.sys
Probably caused by :usbhub.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8006c9a060, fffff802bc11a930, fffffa800a19ebd0}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8006c9a060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff802bc11a930, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800a19ebd0, The blocked IRP
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_usbhub.sys
BIOS Version F.45
BIOS Release Date 01/17/2012
Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Product Name HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Tue Sep 17 10:54:34.840 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Sentinel64.sys Mon Jun 2 02:14:55 2008 (48438FDF)
hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 05:36:41 2009 (499D3639)
KMWDFILTER.sys Wed Apr 29 02:20:48 2009 (49F7F1C0)
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Oct 20 14:08:42 2009 (4ADDFCAA)
Rt630x64.sys Wed Oct 19 08:12:55 2011 (4E9EBEC7)
usbfilter.sys Tue Jun 19 07:07:40 2012 (4FE05D7C)
rtwlane.sys Thu Jun 21 00:45:30 2012 (4FE2A6EA)
stwrt64.sys Sun Aug 19 22:51:39 2012 (5031A63B)
AtihdW86.sys Tue Aug 21 22:26:37 2012 (5034435D)
SynTP.sys Fri Aug 24 19:20:26 2012 (50380C3A)
amd_sata.sys Sun Sep 2 22:16:17 2012 (504412F1)
amd_xata.sys Sun Sep 2 22:16:20 2012 (504412F4)
atikmpag.sys Wed Sep 12 16:... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/31521-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I bougth also a Toshiba Satellite s55t c5168 4k. I have several programs on it, but I only have problems with Autocad. I installed autocad 2016 service pack 1, I also installed the last nvidia driver for nvidia geforce 950M. Autocad runs only for a few minutes and then my laptop crashes, a blue screen appears with the message driver power state failure. I installed also Dwg Trueview 2017, just to view autocad files, but I have the same problem.

It is unbelievable that this laptop can t support Autocad. Could someone solve this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57421-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I just got a BSoD with the error as DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE I Power Failure State Driver have attached the logs Also I was googling for this and one site told to run sigverif The output for that is also attached The second and third one are okay because I allowed them to install They are a custom trackpad driver for Windows on Mac Trackpad Project Home Page However the first one I don't recognize Is that the Driver Power State Failure problem And I think the Driver Power State Failure problem is with USB I know you said last time it is Kaspersky but I have observed that whenever my USB ports act funny after waking up from sleep the system won't go to sleep Driver Power State Failure again What I started doing was whenever I observe my USB port going bonkers I restart the system Today I did the same thing and voila BSoD I would like to add one last thing During our last conversation if usasma is reading this you mentioned apple drivers which were older than the one in Bootcamp Those are because Trackpad updates these drivers and replaces this I don't think this is a problem as many of my friends are using it without issues But wdfcoinstaller dll is what I am suspecting I also did Step of the advanced troubleshooting here and am attaching that file via SkyDrive as it is too big to attach here http sdrv ms CINyA

The wdfcoinstaller is OK, here's a link to a description of it: Redistributable Framework Components (Windows Drivers)

The dump files blame 2 things - so let's start this out slowly.
First, uninstall Kaspersky and see if the system still BSOD's. Give it a day or two.
Then, if it does still BSOD, uninstall the VMWare program and see if it still BSOD's

Leave the system as it is, and upload the memory dumps.
We'll see what they blame and we'll move on from there.
IRFilter.sys Wed Jul 2 15:53:12 2008 (486BDCA8)
IR Receiver Driver from Apple Inc.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IRFilter.sys

vmusb.sys Tue Sep 1 07:52:14 2009 (4A9D0AEE)
VMWare usb client driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vmusb.sys

applemtp.sys Tue Sep 22 18:18:06 2009 (4AB94D1E)

applemtp.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

CS420x64.sys Thu Nov 11 19:04:13 2010 (4CDC847D)

CS420x64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

applemtm.sys Wed Dec 22 22:01:31 2010 (4D12BB8B)

applemtm.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Ext2Fsd.SYS Fri Jul 8 13:08:38 2011 (4E173996)
ext2 file system driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Ext2Fsd.SYS

MacHALDriver.sys Fri Sep 23 21:57:09 2011 (4E7D38F5)
Apple Mac HAL Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MacHALDriver.sys

MT_Trackpad.sys Fri Dec 2 02:53:04 2011 (4ED883E0)

MT_Trackpad.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

vmm.sys Wed Dec 28 08:28:47 2011 (4EFB198F)
Virtual Machine Monitor driver - Microsoft Virtual PC 2004
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vmm.sys

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Sun Aug 18 22:52:28.197 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\081913-29906-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 13:56:48.840
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vmusb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vmusb.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by :vmusb.sys ( vmusb+4c42 )
BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, fffffa800c450040, fffff800274db810}
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa800c450040, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff800274db810, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_4_vmusb+4c42
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2600
CurrentSpeed: 2594
BIOS Version MBP91.88Z.00D3.B08.1208081132
BIOS Release Date 08/08/2012
Manufacturer Apple Inc.
Product Name MacBookPro9,1
Built b : [email protected]
**************************Sat Aug 10 10:58:59.414 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\081013-78703-01.dmp]
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.1... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/29947-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Wondering if anyone can help. About 1x/week I'm getting a blue screen that says I have a Driver Power State Failure. I really don't know what to do even though I have read up a little on it.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get started fixing this?

A:Driver Power State Failure??

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347344-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Good day,
please help with a Blue Screen upon shut-down with a Driver Power State Failure. I found many entries relating to Windows Vista and 7. The ones on XP related to softwares I do not run on my computer. Thank you in advance!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2600 @ 2.16GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 95393 MB, Free - 36492 MB; G: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 454396 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 309F, KBC Version 54.50,
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315249

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-power-state-failure.1016720/
Relevancy 82.99%

Sir I got the issue when I installed Windows 8.1 64bit in my laptop after installing I restarted my laptop after restarting it took atleast 10 minutes to load the operating system and after loading I got a blue screen showing DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE and got the message your PC ran into an problem and need to restart it works good after restarting but every time I power on my computer I get the same message and it takes very much time to load the operating system after words it runs good please can you fix this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE/td-p/5657735
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,

I just got a Driver Power State Failure Bsod. Please find attached the dump files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Event Viewer called up 'CtHdaSvc.exe' which is the SB Recon3D Service.

Checking Gigabyte for an update to the audio drivers.

Edit: No new driver on the Gigabyte site. Will reinstall.

Hi brouhahaha,

The Asmedia 106x SATA controller driver has caused the crash.
As a bluescreen crash happened only once, I wouldn't be worried too much about it.
Windows resolves bluescreens that only onces happened.

Code:
0: kd> !irp ffffe001eed11b40
Irp is active with 6 stacks 4 is current (= 0xffffe001eed11ce8)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 ffffe001ee8336e0 00000000 fffff8011a7d8bd0-00000000 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\pci storport!RaidAdapterPowerUpDeviceCompletion
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 ffffe001eeec7050 00000000 fffff8001b92ed78-ffffe001eed12c70 Success Error Cancel pending
Unable to load image asstahci64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asstahci64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asstahci64.sys
\Driver\asstahci64 nt!PopRequestCompletion
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-ffffe001eed12c70
0: kd> lmvm asstahci64
start end module name
fffff801`1b100000 fffff801`1b119000 asstahci64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: asstahci64.sys
Image path: asstahci64.sys
Image name: asstahci64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jun 17 05:36:23 2015 (5580EB37)
CheckSum: 00023B2F
ImageSize: 00019000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36093-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

It seems this is a pretty common occurance lately Days ago I updated my Vista Home Premium with SP and since then power driver state failure it has been crash after crash Right now I am lucky if I can go an hour before a crash It started minutes after installing sp with the error message Bugcode USB Driver and a bunch of numbers I got online direct with microsoft and allowed them access to my computer and they deleted all drivers and reinstalled and updated etc etc After that I was good for about hours then I started crashing with the Driver Power State failure I have not installed any other new hardware or software My Specs are driver power state failure HP Pavillion TX US GB ram not sure what else u need This is making me crazy This is the rd time I tried to post but my system freezes up Everytime it is going to crash my mouse and keyboard lock up both are wireless devices I have tried to zip my minidump files but no matter what I do driver power state failure it is always empty Please help this is the first time I have ever posted anything and I hope I am in the right place

mch

do you have a backup to restore from ?

If not can you un-install SP2?

dump files. Are they there but you cant zip them? If you drag them to your desktop and zip them?
ken

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/249698-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

After I received this message, Windows restarted the computer and I haven't had problems since.

Not sure what information would be relevant but would appreciate any help.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69827-driver-state-power-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I don't know what this really means but I keep getting the blue screen of death that says Driver Power State Failure. I can't be on for more than an hour straight without my laptop crashing and that error comes up. I really have no idea how I would go about fixing this because it is really annoying when I am trying to do things and I don't want to possibly have my laptop die on me. I've only had it for 10 months...

A:Driver Power State Failure....

Originally Posted by Ninetyfourgoali

I don't know what this really means but I keep getting the blue screen of death that says Driver Power State Failure. I can't be on for more than an hour straight without my laptop crashing and that error comes up. I really have no idea how I would go about fixing this because it is really annoying when I am trying to do things and I don't want to possibly have my laptop die on me. I've only had it for 10 months...

could you go into c:|windows\minidump, zip the minidump file (*.dmp) and upload it to us.

If you need any help with any of it let us know

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/248526-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hello everyone, my computer has been crashing every couple of days and i was wondering if anyone could help me out. I recently got a new computer and it has windows 7 home premium, intel i5 2500k processor, Amd 6670 graphics card and 8gbs of ram. when it crashes it says driver power state failure, i checked the event viewer and it says a Kernel power critical error occurred, not sure how to resolve the problem. Thanks everyone

A:Driver power State Failure

How are you turning off the machine? Clicking the Orb and selecting Shut Down or pressing the power button?

See this Knowledge-Base article for possible causes: Windows Kernel event ID 41 error in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2: “The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first”

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176490-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

my OS - XP pro SP2

Every time I try to shutdown my computer a blue screen appears:

Driver_Power_State_Failure
. . .
. . .
Stop (0x00000500 0x00000002 0x(changes every time) 0x81AF3E30).

Can someone Please advise ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/please-help-driver-power-state-failure-16273.html
Relevancy 82.99%

My lenovo ideapad 15ibd model no.80qq after upgrading win 8.1 shows driver power state failure.. It also does not accept the nvidia geforce driver it asks for intel driver first ..my laptop has dedicated nvidia gt920m graphics card... Please help me...I have been trying troubleshooting for one week no solutions is there. Also in the device manager it says no 3d video controller driver found .its so frustrating.. I bought my laptop just recently . Pls help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Driver-power-state-failure-even-after-trying-all-updates-from/td-p/3481314
Relevancy 82.99%

We have been getting the blue screen of death very intermittently over the past several weeks and aren't aware of any new hardware or software that has been installed to cause any issue. Below is the full technical information. Does anyone know what is causing
the BSOD?
Stop: 0x0000009F (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800423CA10, 0xFFFFF8000413D748, 0xFFFFFA80078A8CA0)
Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c383c825-a715-40bd-873c-6cb1d52b1e65/driver-power-state-failure-help?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I m using Intel base pc but after installation of windows 8 I m facing a problem......
when I start my pc after boot it's show blue screen " power driver State failure" what is men pleases help me any one my system configuration is below and I am put the link of my sky Drive there is Minidump File and System Information

Main Board Intel Dx58so
Prosser Core i7 930
Hard Disk 160 GB WD
320 GB W
VGA ATI 4650
WIFI TPlink TL-722n

SkyDrive Link

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=a3c35...2101E1D%211904
Download the file and tall me what I do after show Blue Screen "power driver State failure" I update my WIFI Driver but doesn't work pleases help me thanks
Goher Altaf

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/19149-power-driver-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi All New to forum and relatively useless with computers beyond using simple programs Recently began experiencing extended shutdown and startup times started with - minutes and kept getting longer Was told that after a few years and two kids downloading everything they clicked on it was probably due to alot of extra junk running So I saved everything I needed and endevoured to reload the OS Vista Home Premium bit just pop in the disk and follow the instruction they said quot It's easy quot they said Everything seemed to progress nicely followed the prompts windows will restart several Failure State Driver Power times etc etc Runs for approx hours on the scrolling bar then get Driver Power State Failure Stop x F x x EE x EE xC Attempted restarts to safe mode or to command prompt are unsuccessful as it is disabled during windows reload I've read through several of the previous DPSF threads and everyone is asked for a quot minidump quot please don't ask unless you know a psychic that can commune with my laptop as it will not advanced to any state other than BSOD at this point

Lets see if its hardware or software, try to boot in safe mode.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/298029-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi all this is my first time here Driver Failure State Power and I need some help I'm using an Asus G GX gaming laptop running Win Pro x and randomly my computer will just BSOD on me and reboot The minidump is too fast for me to read much past the first few lines so I don't know entirely what's to blame Driver Power State Failure When it restarts a dialogue box comes up saying quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot When I click on the more info tab this is the information it gives me Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA A BCP FFFFF B C D BCP FFFFFA BA E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Mike AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Also when I wake up my computer from sleep sometimes it doesn't recognize my speakers and no audio comes out either from my speakers or headphones If I put my computer to sleep and wake it up again they're recognized and functioning fine If there's any more information you need let me know and I'll do my best to get it

Hi -

Please follow these instructions --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-power-state-failure-515311.html
Relevancy 82.99%

In the last few weeks I've been getting stuck and when rebooting I get a blue screen and minidump w/Driver Power State failure. Please help? I've done PERFORM/REPORT and attached.

Hi -

There are no attachments to your post.

Run Driver Verifier - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ed-473665.html

Provide full system info - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-power-state-failure-532077.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Computer was recently updated to Windows 8. When laptop lid is closed and opened, BSOD instead of sleep. I need to know which driver is causing it. "grab all" results attached. Thanks.

Welcome to Eight Forums,

Looks like a mixture of drivers from Acronis and Total Mounter seems to be the cause of the BSOD.
I would uninstall both these programs and their drivers and see if the sleep mode BSOD is eliminated.
Do you have a SSD and is the firmware for it up to date? Check for one, it may bring stability.

Code:
******************************************************************************** *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8005c49050, fffff8033d53c7e0, fffffa8009021010}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for KSPrt64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for KSPrt64.sys
Probably caused by : KSPrt64.sys
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8005c49050, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff8033d53c7e0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa8009021010, The blocked IRP
Debugging Details:
------------------

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3
IMAGE_NAME: KSPrt64.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4e56d23b
MODULE_NAME: KSPrt64
FAULTING_MODULE: fffff880017a2000 KSPrt64
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
TAG_NOT_DEFINED_c000000f: FFFFF8033D542FB0
STACK_TEXT:
fffff803`3d53c7a8 fffff803`3ba15f6e : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`05c49050 fffff803`3d53c7e0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff803`3d53c7b0 fffff803`3ba15fa1 : fffffa80`090979a0 fffffa80`08e83e80 fffff803`3d53c939 fffff803`3b92c786 : nt!PopIrpWatchdogBugcheck+0xe2
fffff803`3d53c810 fffff803`3b92d8e4 : fffffa80`08e83e80 fffffa80`09000b00 fffff803`3d53cb18 fffff803`3bb7c180 : nt!PopIrpWatchdog+0x32
fffff803`3d53c860 fffff803`3b92dfd5 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000313b 00000000`00140001 00000000`000000c7 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0x214
fffff803`3d53c9a0 fffff803`3b92de88 : fffff803`3bb7c180 fffff803`3bb7ef80 00000000`00000007 00000000`00078eaf : nt!KiExpireTimerTable+0xa9
fffff803`3d53ca40 fffff803`3b9282d6 : fffffa80`00000000 00001fa0`00ff00ff 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0xc8
fffff803`3d53caf0 fffff803`3b92c67a : fffff803`3bb7c180 fffff803`3bb7c180 00000000`00183de0 fffff803`3bbd6880 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x1f6
fffff803`3d53cc60 00000000`00000000 : fffff803`3d53d000 fffff803`3d537000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_disk_IMAGE_KSPrt64.sys
BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_disk_IMAGE_KSPrt64.sys
---------
0: kd> !irp fffffa8009021010
Irp is active with 4 stacks 2 is current (= 0xfffffa8009021128)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8007013740 00000000 fffff88000fd1e40-00000000 Success Er... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18307-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I've been getting this BS error for quite a while now and it is becoming more frequent so I've decided to take action I have no idea what s causing it but it happens when I try to put my laptop into hibernate - sometimes it happens when the laptop is idle The Vista report below tells me that there is a solution available which is great but it doesn't tell me what that is I have no idea what the files mentioned are or how to find them I have run State Power Driver Failure CHKDSK but it didn't find any issues though maybe I missed something I have also updated all my drivers from Device Manager but it tells me that everything is up to date I have the date from the first shutdown Is there anyway from that that I can see what was installed on that date that may be causing the problem There is nothing close to that date that I can see in Control Panel My laptop is an ASUS M Sn running off Vista Driver Power State Failure x which was preinstalled and is about years old I have attached the files as per the BSOD guide Thanks in advance Product Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Date Status Solution Available Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP EDC BCP E D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Server information -d - dc-bd a- a fa d

Hi,

The camera driver (snp2uvc.sys) is blamed for this issue!

Look here & try the "Two" listed drivers: -

http://drp.su/drivers/notebooks/?v=A...Sn&id=242&l=en

USB 2.0 UVC 1.3M WebCam & USB2.0 1.3M UVC WebCam

So, give them a go & see what happens from there. OK?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/290686-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Every now and then my laptop bluescreens and I get this error.  Does anybody know how to fix it?

Hi

We need to collect some basic info to analyze and find the reason behind the crashes. So please follow the below steps.

Upload the crash dumps for analysis

Open C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy and  zip the entire contents of that folder and upload to any free file hosting site of your choice. You may have to disable User Account Control to copy them.

Example file hosting sites :

https://www.box.com/

http://www.mediafire.com/

http://www.sendspace.com

Post the download link to the dumps in next reply.

A Speccy report about your system

Generate a report about your system using Speccy by reading the guide below. Make sure to run the Speccy after running the system about one or more hour. This will give us an indication of current CPU -GPU temperature status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Post the web link displayed by Speccy in next reply.

A Minitoolbox log

Download Minitoolbox from the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply  (or upload the result.txt with dump files)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504441/driver-power-state-failure/
Relevancy 82.99%

For some reason whenever i do something that uses my graphics card i get a BSOD. I disabled it to confirm that it was indeed causing me issues.

Ive reflashed the bios, updated the driver, rolled it back and even did a complete reinstall to factory settings.

I upgraded to Windows 10 as well to see if it would fix the issue but it has not done anything.

The graphics card is a GTX 670m.

Edit: Sometimes i will get the BSOD doing normal things such as browsing or even being on the desktop.

Thanks

A:Driver power state failure.

The latest dump indicates a problem with nvlddmkm.sys:

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
The driver is old: Tue Aug 28 03:52:38 2012

According to the output of dxdiag, you have a Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.
You also have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M but it doesn't appear to be the active video card. Update that driver to the latest WHQL version which is 368.39.

Looks like the Intel is onboard and the Nvidia is a PCI-E card.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53776-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi
I have just upgraded from windows XP 32 to window 7 64
My cursor is really jittery and typing is delayed
if I leave my computer in idle then i get the blue screen and one of the messages is 'driver power state failure'
I've got the dmp files zipped but not sure how to attach to this thread
I suspect that I need to remove or update a driver?
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Tim

A:'driver power state failure'

Just click on the paperclip in the tool bar on the reply/edit post.

Here is a tutorial that will explain it.

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166167-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello, I have notebook with windows 7 RC build 7100 and when i want to make Hibernate, blue screen flash up and say:
POWER_DRIVER_SYSTEM_FAILURE
Then it shut down and i must start the computer like after normal switch off.
I need hibernation for using computer in school and it's nessesary for me.
How can i fix it and don't lose my data?
Thank's for answers

A:Power driver system failure

Hi please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html and attach to your next post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-driver-system-failure-432759.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55T-A. Running windows 10 since December. Was running Windows 8.1 previously.  The last few days my computer has been slow to shut down and start up. A blue screen comes up saying it ran into a problem and needs to shut down.then shows this message. Driver Power State Failure. i don't know if I added what I should have. if not, you will have to tell me how to do in very easy computer ease talk.  Thanks for help.

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   2.61MB
  3 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611364/driver-power-state-failure/