Windows Support Forum

USB wireless issue

Q: USB wireless issue

Hi gang. My usb modem HAS to be unplugged then plugged in for it to work?
Even if PC is off when I do this it will automatically start/connect when windows(7) loads and will work normally. If I don't do this I can not get it to work?
'device mngr' shows it as an 'unknown device'?
I have reinstalled it to no avail.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: USB wireless issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: USB wireless issue

Are you talking about a modem or a usb network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-issue.201928/
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought a toshiba satellite m -s on April It has an intel pro wireless bg adapter - driver v I have it connected a netgear wgr v router it has a problem maintaining a constant speed I watched the network monitor on the notebook and it always shows a quot connection excellent quot however the speed is not constant - it will vary from - issue pro intel wireless speed connection 2200bg wireless mbsp to wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg mbsp - but seldom does it maintain the mbsp on I sent the machine to toshiba - they replaced the network adapter - or so they said and wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the original software I rec d the machine back and find that the problem has not changed - it still will not maintain a steady speed so viewing files on other pcs on the lan takes forever and page loads on the net can also occupy too much time I have an older toshiba satellite with a netgear wireless wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg wg t adapter I have watched the monitor on that one and it will show connection excellent and maintains a steady speed of mbsp these two machines can be sitting side by side or in separate rooms and still the old one will maintain it s connection and speed but the new will not maintain the speed I called toshiba up again and they want to say it s my router I explained to them that another toshiba on the same network does not faulter -- so how can it be the router they didn t want to but they are quot granting quot me service to send the machine back to them again I haven t done that yet as I thought I would see if there was some real help elsewhere -- like perhaps here just to be on the CYA side I updated the firmware on the netgear router - the problem remained also after reading several wireless issues on this board and learning how to do pings and such I did wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg run the DrTCP and changed the mtu to dsl modem netopia caymen series router netgear v windows xp home - on all computers anyone have any idea why the new toshiba will not maintain a speed on the same router as the old toshiba that continues to work and maintain a speed I would prefer to resolve this issue without having to send it off to toshiba again as I m not convinced they actually checked the problem before swapping parts and reformatting nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I am having problems with my internet connection and my connections tray in general. I keep losing my internet connection and then when I try to repair my connection, it doesn't respond. Nothing in the connections tray will respond. When I go to reboot, I get the message that the connections tray is not responding and I have to end it. Does anyone have any experience with this or know what might be happening? Today I called IBM .. I have an IBM Lenovo X61 Tablet .. they told me I needed to reinstall my drivers for my connectivity (they called it the wireless stack .. I downloaded something for power management, hot key driver, wireless card connections, access connections) .. I did that and am still having the same problem .. any suggestions? .. I would appreciate any help! ..

Brenda

A:Wireless Card Issue or Software Issue

Welcome to TSG:
Things to try:
Change the wireless channel being used .1/6/11 in US
If standalone router,download and :install latest router firmware.
Do a stack repair.Pick your Operating system :

Stack repair for XP and Vista.
Courtesy of Johnwill of the Networking forum.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following netsh commands..

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.
Take a look at the wireless network adapter in device manager.Look at the driver info.See if there is a more current adapter driver for that card on the pc makers web site.

Reset the router to it's default config.Hold the reset button in for at least 15 seconds.

These are most of the basic fixes for intermittent connectivity issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-issue-or-software-issue.841923/
Relevancy 42.14%

Please can you assist with my wireless connection issue.

I have just recently purchased the RTL8192CE wireless Lan 802.11 PCI-E NIC and installed it in my shuttle XPC. I am using Windows 8.1 64bit OS. The LAN card is picking up my wireless router fine, but when I enter my router password an error message appears. I have checked the driver and windows sates it's working correctly, notwithstanding I reinstalled the drivers given with the LAN card just in-case. But still I am unable to connect to my wireless router.

The DSL router works fine on all my other devices, iPhone, laptop, kindle etc. and just to make sure I called my DSL service provider and they reconfigured the router. But still when I enter the password to connect to the router, it will not connect to the internet?

Regards

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56192-wireless-connection-issue-rtl8192ce-wireless-lan-802-11-a.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a Acer Aspire S5-371T-761G. It comes with Windows 10 Home Single Language. I formatted it to Windows 8 Pro. All driver installed. Include wireless driver. But I found that I am unable to connect to wireless network. I am sure that my wireless is working fine because my phone is able to connect on it. Anyone have this issue before ? and what's your guys solution? May I have it too ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Need-help-on-wireless-issue/td-p/450846
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello forum Im new here to techguy org Issue Wireless -___- so I am not entirely familiar if this is where Wireless Issue -___- i shouldve posted this topic So my issue is that I have a really odd problem with my internet Here is my system information thanks to TSG SysInfo ------ Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack v bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Wireless Issue -___- Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc P P -SE Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled ------ My wireless is AirLink Wireless Monitor and i have a USB wireless adapter My problem is that out of nowhere literally my internet stopped working yesterday I opened my wireless monitor and it said connected and it showed my IP address gateway and subnet I toggled Windows Zero Config to on and it then proceeded to work fine I opened Firefox and navigated to google then Facebook and hotmail and Wireless Issue -___- it stopped working I eventually needed to re - install my wireless drivers and Airlink Wireless monitor and it worked again but the same thing happened when I opened the internet browser I did this times and its working fine now with the exception of it randomly turning off every so often I restart and its fine I did a full virus scan and nothing was found I am not sure what the problem could be so please help me forum Also when I mouse over the Windows XP icon of the wireless connection it says Wireless Network Connection Earth Family because i have reinstalled my wireless drivers times Is there a way to fix this too Thanks if you need additional information post here but i might not return if my internet goes down again nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi there, i am having some weird problems with my wireless on W7, i use a wireless usb pen and everything was working fine, yesterday i unplugged the wireless pen and i plugged it back and for my surprise the wireless wasn't working, i've reinstalled her software. The computer detects the pen wireless, and everything is okay with the pen and the computer also detects its, but i can't see any wireless network. That's what appears to me:

A:Wireless issue

Quote: Originally Posted by RoamPT

Hi there, i am having some weird problems with my wireless on W7, i use a wireless usb pen and everything was working fine, yesterday i unplugged the wireless pen and i plugged it back and for my surprise the wireless wasn't working, i've reinstalled her software. The computer detects the pen wireless, and everything is okay with the pen and the computer also detects its, but i can't see any wireless network. That's what appears to me:

Is the device turned on?

Does the driver show as being installed and working in device manager?

To see if a driver is installed and working type device manager in search. go to the appropriate tab. Is there a yellow triangle on it? is it listed? Are there any "unknown drivers" listed with yellow triangles?

If any of the above occur your driver needs to be re-installed.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104307-wireless-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

i having some random dcs of no internet access after i upgraded my dell inspiron 1525 from vista to 7 and my wireless signal normally at 2 bars only not at 4 or 5

i thot it could be my router (netgear WGR614v7 ) but im the only one having this problem at home on the wifi

im leading upon the driver issues of the driver issues of vista to 7
im currently using the lastest drivin of my wireless adaptor
DEll wireless 1395 WLAN mini card with driver Broadcom 4.170.25.17 dated at 12/10/2007

is there a way in fixing this?

thx

A:wireless issue

There is actually newer drivers available, Dell just doesn't always make them easy to find. Here is the link to the one I use for the exact same card: Drivers and Downloads

You might want to run the installer in compatibility mode for Windows Vista SP2.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104133-wireless-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Ok well I have a HP Pavilion DV series notebook nr and I have this internet issue This issue will always give me limited or no connectivity but Issue Wireless now changed to local access only so I still Wireless Issue can't use the internet Is there a way to fix this I use a Broadcom WLAN wifi card and my router is supplied by cable company and they are my ISP as well Basically I can't connect via wifi or ethernet and its making me very frustrated I can't ping anything without General Failure and I want to know what is wrong It finds other connections extremely easy but just won't connect It has IPv and IPv but I am not sure what to do My other laptops all connect via wifi no problem except for this one When I have the IPv set to get DNS and IP automatically it doesn't have a default gateway and I think DNS server Its ticking me off because I just put in a new screen and if the computer is trash I will be ticked Please any help would be appreciated Any fixes Need more information Just post and I can reply asap EDIT Its OS is Vista Also the drivers are all up to date and I think I posted in the wrong section Sorry about that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/164241/wireless-issue/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi i have the same problem... i have a Hp laptop and the light is always amber no matter if i put the switch to the right or left... the wireless just went out on me or something... and i cant get the light back to blue nor does the icon for wireless conections show up under connections when i open the network connections... i have tryed to fix the problem by going to control panel and going to HP wireless assisant but it will not open... AHHH HELP PLEASE thankyou so much!!!

A:HP Wireless Issue

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-wireless-issue.582967/
Relevancy 37.41%

Bear with me please! I know just enough about computing to get myself into trouble ;-) I had a 3-4 yr old dlink wireless router that kept losing my security setting. I purchased a Linksys Wirelss N router and called Linksys to have them assist me with its set up. The tech that helped me told me after completing installation that if i really wanted to experience the N technology that i could purchase an adapter for my laptop which would enhance upload/download speeds. Is this true or not? I have a maybe 2 year old Dell Inspiron that I added some memory to but other than that nothing has been changed/enhanced so to speak. I have no idea of what he speaks! can anyone enlighten me? thanks so much-
Teresa

The N standard for routers has much greater speeds and distance coverage. But, in order to get those benefits, both the router and the adapter in the pc need to be N standard. Your pc is probably only a G standard, which means you wouldn't benefit greatly from N.
BUT if you aren't having problems with your wifi throughput, you really don't need the N standard.
A couple of examples: If you send or receive very large files and you find it slow, you would benefit from the N standard. If you just send email and look at web sites and it's fine for you - you don't.
In my house, I can't get my wifi signal in one room. If I switched to an N router, I would be able to. If you get the signal everywhere you need to, you don't need an N adapter.
Finally, if your PC is a laptop, it's a bit more complex to add an N adapter than if it's a desktop.
Hope that helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-issue.895406/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi everyone,
Hopefully someone can help me. I recently re-installed Vista onto my Samsung laptop due to a problem, however today after updating the drivers etc, when I try to connect to my wireless it won't access the internet. It finds the wireless, connects but no internet. However, it will access the internet when the security is open, but when it's secured via wap, wpa2 etc, no chance. It says 'unidentified network, local access only'. My other laptop connects no problem, I have updated the Netgear firmware etc.
Thanks in advance

Your computer connected just fine before the reinstall, right? Try connecting it via and actually Ethernet cable instead of over wifi and tell me if that works.

Also, how old is your computer?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/292446-wireless-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I just Wireless issue reinistialized my pavillion dv us laptop Wireless issue with windows XP pro I was able to install the wireless card just fine but could not connect or even see Wireless issue the router yes the wireless on off switch is set to on I ve downloaded the drivers off hp s site to no avail and also tried their quot wireless Wireless issue assistant quot program which does nothing I ve reset the route and the modem I have two other laptops that connect with no issues at all My initial thought was that pesky quot Do not allow this computer to connect to unsecured networks quot but I can t find that button anywere either I called HP and after sitting on hold for minutes they said that they can t help since its no longer running the quot original quot operating system Any help would be great I ve spent hours on what should have been a simple thing now and I m just frustrated to no end Thanks Sepias nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I purchased a LG 3D TV on today which has wireless internet. I attempted to connect to the internet and ran into a problem. I was able to connect to the router but I get a DNS error and cannot connect to the internet. Comcast was absolutely no help.

Can someone help me? Here's my info:

LG LED 3D TV with wireless modem (USB)
Apple Router
Comcast Internet with RCA modem
MacBook Pro

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Relevancy 37.41%

Help!

A couple of days ago I turned my Gateway laptop on and the wireless no longer connects to my wireless router. A search for wireless devices comes up empty. My wireless router works as I can connect my iPod touch to it. Tried connecting to my mobile phone with it's wifi hotspot (iPod touch picks this up too) with nothing.

I've tried flipping the wireless switch on and off multiple times as well as the Fn + F2 function to no avail.

I'm no IT guy and have limited computer knowledge. Best guess would be either a virus or wireless hardware issue.

Please help in Laymans terms.

As a first try at making your network adapter work, go into 'Control panel', 'Hardware' . 'Device manager'.
Go down the list to the 'Network adapters' entry.
If there is a choice, select the one with 802.11g in the line.
Right click on it and choose 'Uninstall'
Follow the menus and then reboot the Laptop.
As you get back to the Desktop again, you should see a notification, something along the lines of, 'Windows has detected new hardware and is installing drivers for it'.
It should then work as before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-issue.171872/
Relevancy 37.41%

So I recently moved from a wired connection (10Mb/s+) to a wireless connection. This wouldn't seem to be an issue, as my dad's mac laptop connects from my room with 10,XXX+ kb/s.

But!

My computer will not exceed ~300 Kb/s down, although it gets ~4.1 ***Mb/s*** up.

Specs:
W7 Prof 32b
WRT310N Router
Belkin N300 USB -and (at separate times, obviously) Rosewill RNX-N300 (PCI)

A:Odd W7 Wireless issue..

Hi, Chebeck, welcome to sevenforums. Make sure you have the latest drivers for win 7 for your adaptors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163891-odd-w7-wireless-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I am attempting to connect to an unsecured Issue Wireless wireless network I have Windows XP Please note that I have been using this connection for about months and have Wireless Issue not experienced any problems until now I did not recently do anything different than what I normally do that might have caused a change At least that I know of I have performed a system restore to a few weeks ago when I was not having this problem and it did not help My Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility shows the Linksys network that I want to connect to but I never use this utility connect because it has not worked for me in the past I uncheck the Let this tool manage your wireless networks box and instead use the Windows utility On the Wireless Networks tab I check the box marked Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings My problem is the Linksys network does not show up when the Windows utility searches for networks in range I have only been able to connect to wireless connections in the past using the Windows utility so I now have no ability to connect Do you know why I cannot connect using the Dell Wireless WLAN card utility Sometimes the dell utility it will tell me that I am connected but I cannot get a webpage to Wireless Issue load and other times it will tell me the connection has limited or no connectivity When Wireless Issue attempting to repair the the connection I get a message saying it cannot be repaired because windows cannot diable the wireless network adapter and I should make sure it is properly installed I have tried researching this to no avail I have updated drivers I have uninstalled reinstalled drivers I am STUMPED Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Wireless Issue

Is this your network you are trying to connect to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-issue.917197/
Relevancy 37.41%

Friend of mine, when he connects his desktop via usb wireless adapter, it kicks his roommates dell notebook off the network. the router is a netgear, so is the usb adapter.

For the Dell notebook when it has a connection, and for the desktop after it has done its nasty deed ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-issue.751506/
Relevancy 37.41%

I know a lot of people are having this same problem, but I just can't seem to fix it. I searched old threads, but nothing has worked.

I just bought a new ASUS U50A laptop, which has Windows 7 and an Atheros ar8131 LAN driver. I have a 2Wire router with WEP encryption. All my other notebooks have no problem with it because they have Vista.

I have tried installing both the Vista and XP x64 drivers, but that didn't help. Whenever I try connecting to my wireless network, the system keeps suggesting there is a security code mismatch although the code works with all the other computers.

I could try WPA, but I'm not sure my router has that option. Plus I don't want to fiddle with the network because all the computers are working on it just fine except this one.

A:Same Old Wireless Issue!

I would recommend trying it without any encryption and go from there. Just for giggles, are you sure you are using the correct code. (it is possible you might be trying to enter an old code you had). To be sure, disconnect one that is already, the reconnect it, by entering the code you think it is supposed to be. Another thing might be to go to the manufacture's website for the router, and see if there is a firmware upgrade. A word of advice, try your best not to use wep for encryption, too easy to crack. Upgrade to wpa/psk, that will give you a chance to create a new personal password that you give the router yourself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/53486-same-old-wireless-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey, I'm having an issue with my wireless connection. I have an 802.11b Orinoco Mini PCI card. Basically it shows that it's connected to the network and all of a sudden the connection will drop (i.e. browser doesn't work, IM service disconnects, etc.), but it will still show as if it was still connected. Then it will sometimes cause my computer to lock up and freeze completely. No error, no blue screen, just nothing. After turning power off and restarting it may work for a while and then go through the same process again. As far as the actual connection and ISP everything is good on that end because the home pc has no issues. Any suggestions, help, comments, etc. appreciated.

Relevancy 37.41%

We have a new wireless router at my church and I brought my laptop in. The connection managers says I am all connected. I am still an unable to pull up any web pages or anything elses internet related. The router is Linksys and my card is Netgear. Any ideas?

Relevancy 37.41%

I have an HP Pavillon laptop and I am using a Linksys WUSB54G wireless adapter. It works great on my home network, no issues. I gave the computer to my daughter, she plugs in the Linksys adap at her place on her wireless network and the laptop shuts down. No Linksys adap, the laptop fires up and works well. Connected with a wire to the router, no problem. Looking for some help to figure out what is happening.....

Relevancy 37.41%

I think I have messed my computer up royally! I had it connected directly to the cable modem and the wireless router. I had to switch computers so I shut it down, switched computers. Now the same computer that was connected to the wireless router and cable modem will not connect to the wireless internet. I have the Automatic Network Switch on. My network connections are disabled but I am unable to get those to enable. How do you turn the firewall off?

Confused??? I certainly am

My network connections are disabled but I am unable to get those to enable.Click to expand...

First disable your wireless adapter altogether.
use your Device Manager to verify the device is enabled and no yellow/red flags
on the Network Device. If necessary, uninstall the driver and restart --
the system will find the correct driver and reinstall it for you.

Once this is ok, WIRE the system to the wireless router and configure it;
set the SSID to anything other than the default value,
choose a channel
(leave encryption off for now)
change the ADMIN password
save the changes and restart the device.

Your WIRED connection should be active and your browser should work now.

Once that's ok, disconnect the wired connection,
you can start your wireless device and use the Network Wireless Wizard to connect.

How do you turn the firewall off?Click to expand...

leave it alone -- has no effect on connecting with the router.
(btw: which FW are you running?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-issue.97529/
Relevancy 37.41%

I did search through this forum, but did not see anything similar to my problem.

I installed Windows 7 on an older laptop that has a Linksys PCMCIA (WPC54G) card adapter. Windows Update found the correct driver and it installed fine. I can find my wireless network and it will show signal strength, security type, SSID, etc. When I click Connect, it immediately says "Windows was unable to connect to <SSID>." I know the password is correct and the wireless is working, as I'm currently using wifi on my main PC. I was using this card with the previous XP installation and it has worked fine for years.

I tried a few things I read about here, such as diabling IPv6 and the Windows Firewall, but to no avail. Any other ideas or is this just a beta issue?

A:Odd Wireless Issue

Have you tried checking the wireless properties box that says "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name (SSID)"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3308-odd-wireless-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I have been having a problem staying connected to the internet I have cogeco cable and issue wireless my modem is working fine because I can stay connected with a LAN line connection but when I try to go wireless it disconnects I am not sure if I really disconnects because wireless issue the wireless connection icon says I am still connected I just can t surf so I am assuming it is my D-LINK DI- router If I go and reset the modem i can then connect The computer I set up my router on is no longer in use I still have it just never use it I did replace my modem a few weeks back if that matters i was connecting fine for a few days after changing modems and the router is a year old I use windows XP and my computer is a HP pavillion laptop also year old Tried resetting my router but no luck Thanks Kelly nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

So I bought this new Samsung Ativ book4, for some reason at random times the wireless goes to a "limited connection" and I have to reboot the computer to get a full connection. Do you think this is hardware or driver?

I heard Windows 8 is not very friendly with wireless drivers and Windows 8.1 is suppose to have better support for wireless drivers.

I would say a driver issue. I have a Samsung RV511, using the standard wifi driver from Samsung/Intel. Every time I update my wifi driver to the latest that Intel offers using the Intel driver update utility, I end up with the same limited connection issue as you. I have to uninstall that driver and reboot to let windows install the original wifi driver and problem solved. This happens with the original OS (7) as well as with windows 8.

In your case you might need to either update the wifi driver or roll it back.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31499-wireless-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a HP Pavilion issue wireless dv laptop The last thing I did before this wireless problem was bring my laptop to school and used it until it ran out of battery I don't think that should cause any problem I went home plugged in charger turned it on and wifi's not there The wifi button light was orange and stayed orange Restarted laptop a few times For once the light turned blue orange as I pressed wifi button but the wifi still isn't there no access to any connections whatsoever I don't even see the bars with red X I just see a plug monitor with red X I got desperate and did a full system recovery nothing that really needed back up Wifi worked but only for a while Had to restart a few times to get wireless issue it to work again Google'd about this and found out about device manager Once when I had device manager up and wifi stopped working I noticed that the wifi adapter in the list would disappear as well Now the wifi works but it would sometime turn off for no reason and I would have to restart again

Hello and Welcome -
There are quite a few issues on Google under "HP Pavilion dv6 laptop wifi problem", but many were solved by using a direct connection.
Do you have the ability to connect with an Ethernet cable first, and check on reception to the computer ??

Note: The issue of running the battery totally flat can cause several odd problems -

Often the Wifi card has been known to fail. Check Device Manager for any { ! or ? } items -

Thank You

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487624/wireless-issue/
Relevancy 37.41%

I hope someone can give me some issue wireless help on an issue that goes unresloved after many hours on the phone with Bellsouth Dynex Netopia Wire and Toshiba I have an older Toshiba M running XP Pro I like the old guy and don t want to give up on it Just a little backround on the problem Some time ago the internal network card stopped working At the time it wasn t a problem because I only used the computer on my home network and Bellsouth had provided an external USB antenna or transerve which worked well I still wanted to take the computer on the road with me and wanted it to work away from home network I consulted a family member who works for a tech firm he told me the best thing to do was to buy a wireless card and just plug it in The new Dynex card I purchased would not work either Then my home router bit the dust and I bought a new Wire router from Bellsouth My newer laptop worked just fine with the new router but the old Toshiba would not When I addressed the problem wih Bellsouth they sent me a Netopia wireless issue network wireless issue card that was supposed to be compatible with the Wire router This one also would not work When I plug in either card it shows up in hardware devices After many hours on the phone everyone told me wireless issue something was missing in the operating system but they could not tell me what to do to correct it HELP nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Bit of a problem on my hands here.
I have a USB Netgear Wireless Adapter for my PC (WG111T) and works fine. But, if i insert my 2GB USB stick into the spare Slot, the internet connection will drop. There is no notification saying that a USB device has been disconnected or anything. When going to wireless configuration service, it still displays as connected, even though i have no network functions available anymore.
If i disconnect, it won't reconnect. The only way to reconnect is by physically unplugging the adapater and reinserting it.

Any ideas?
Edit/Delete Message

A:Wireless USB issue.

The USB wireless adapter draws pretty much the maximum power for a USB device. Does it lose power when the flash drive it inserted? Other than this possible power problem, I don't know what could be happening.

What happens if the flash drive is inserted before the wireless adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-usb-issue.564215/
Relevancy 37.41%

I REALLY hope someone out there can help me I have a Netgear WGT v router and the wireless adaptor is a Netgear the it Issue or Wireless is PC?? also The wireless PC shows connected Wireless Issue or is it the PC?? with an excellent signal - but the internet won t come up The only way I can get it to is to Wireless Issue or is it the PC?? unplug the cable modem a Terayon Comcast unplug the router amp completely power off the wired PC Then plug in the modem plug in the router amp power up the PC This works most of the time but once the wireless is turned off you have to do it all again Also sometimes the wired PC drops out amp if I unplug the router it comes back up I replaced the router and got the same results I also thought it may have been the onboard LAN so I put a D-Link card in again same results I m running Trend anti-virus - all up to date have scanned for viruses with both Trend amp McAfee - nothing Also have spyware amp malware in check The set up is cable- gt modem- gt router- gt PC This has been working fine for nearly years - all of a sudden KAFLOOY I haven t changed or added anything Both PCs are running XP I m kinda in the idiot s guide area on networking - IP addresses settings amp all Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all, i am new here & need some help regarding wireless network.

I have a PC which is connected to a wireless router through CAT5e cable. I need to connect my laptop wireless to the router but i somehow cannot do tat. I used to be able to connect until recently i got virus & need to re-format my laptop. I have lost all informations inside the laptop.

Can anyone enlighten me? Greatly appreciated!

A:Help for Wireless Issue

Hi

To connect to a wireless network...

First enter the routers config page, this is usually done via a webpage by entering the routers address into the address bar, If you have one PC connected to the router wirelessly then the address of the router is the PC's default gateway.

To find the default gateway, click Start > Run > cmd > enter >ipconfig >enter.

Once you have entered the routers setup find the section for "wireless", you need to find 2 things

1) the SSID of the router , this is the name of the wireless network that is shown when a search of available networks is done,

2) the security settings, this can be WEP or WPA and was decided when the router was setup, if no security is activated or turned on then this is not needed, however a wireless network with no security is like a car with the keys left in the ignition in the middle of a bad neighborhood.

Now on the laptop run the software associated with the network card and find where it asks for the SSID and the security and enter it,

It should now connect.

This is going on the assumption that your wireless network card is installed and functioning, if that isnt the case then please post back and let us know.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-for-wireless-issue.65077/
Relevancy 37.41%

Now, I am using HP ProBook 4530s. But recently, my laptop does not operate well . When I press Wifi button, Wireless light stays amber. And when I turn on Laptop, display show ERROR CODE 702 WIRELESS MODULE NOT SUPPORTED. I upgraded lastest BIOS and Realtek RTL 8188CE 802. 11b/g/n LAN driver for Microsoft Windows.What should I do. Can someone help me solve this problem 

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, My names Jolly_Duck and i have been having the same problem. everything that xxunderlordxx has done has been the same 4 me, but the only difference was that i had to type in the network I.P. address. Please can you help? I have a weak signal strenght, but i don't think thats the problem as the other computer on the network has a weak signal strenght but its working fine. Firewall is on, but i haven't got anti-virus yet.

A:Wireless LAN Issue

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

You can start with a complete description of your environment, make/model of the equipment, version/patch level of windows, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-lan-issue.534893/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have several laptop computers at home I m a fairly advanced user - can solve Wireless issue most problems by myself Have several Linksys wireless routers Win XP laptops - no problem with internet settings Win Vista Home Basic compters - unticked ipv option in wireless network settings and they connect to the linksys router no prob once ipv is unticked I have a brand new Vista Home Premium computer - purchased Feb - today I have tried reseting winsock exactly same as described above I have also gone to the wireless network properties as others have suggested and as I have done with my other Vista Home Basic computers and I have unticked the ipv option and I Wireless issue still get the computer saying Unidentified Network Wireless issue Access Local Only on the Vista Home Premium computer I ve done all the Windows updates so now I Wireless issue KNOW it is a Vista Home Premium issue and NOT a router issue i m good at setting routers up and not a Vista Home Basic or XP issue Any other suggestions Further more this is a WIRELESS issue because taking a CAT cable from my wireless router and plugging it into the new Vista Home Premium laptop allows an immediate connection to the internet Only the wirless connection has the UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK Access Local Only issue Thanks nbsp

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-issue.803302/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have two computers One is a laptop running Vista and the other is a wireless issue PC running XP Pro with a Belkin n wireless adapter I m trying to access my roommate s internet I said before in a previous post that he s my neighbor but really we live in the same house I have his permission and the ISP s My laptop connects instantly when I give the network password but the PC won t The PC asks for a key My PC is running XP pro I reformatted last week and I m trying to get online using a Belkin N wireless adapter In network connections in control panel there is a big red X through wireless connection and it says not connected wireless issue This is weird because the wireless adapter is recognized by my system the Belkin drivers are installed and the device manager says the adapter is enabled and working properly If I right-click repair on the connection it says this Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed wireless issue connecting to the wireless network For assistance contact the person who manages your network But windows continuously reminds me that wireless networks are available and within range I click on the bubble to connect to the desired network and a window pops up asking for the key Perhaps I need to manually wireless issue set up the PC so that I only have to enter a password Any ideas on how to do this or where to start nbsp

17 minutes after your thread is closed your neighbor becomes your roommate and his ISP gives you permission to share his internet access? I don't buy it and am giving you a 3 day timeout to study the forum rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-issue.840740/
Relevancy 37.41%

Bit of a problem on my hands here.
I have a USB Netgear Wireless Adapter for my PC (WG111T) and works fine. But, if i insert my 2GB USB stick into the spare Slot, the internet connection will drop. There is no notification saying that a USB device has been disconnected or anything. When going to wireless configuration service, it still displays as connected, even though i have no network functions available anymore.
If i disconnect, it won't reconnect. The only way to reconnect is by physically unplugging the adapater and reinserting it.

Any ideas?

A:Wireless USB issue...

Hopefully you have multiple USB connections on the PC.

Use those on the BACK of the system for the HD and one on the FRONT
for the Wireless. This will put the devices on separate controllers and
(hopefully) stop the unloading of the wireless.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-usb-issue.75584/
Relevancy 36.98%

"Diablo 2 tcp ip issue over wireless LAN Me and a friend would like to play diablo 2 at work without a router. I have XP media center and he has vista. He hosts the network and i connect to it. We keep getting the "cannot connect to server" error. We have tried using a static 192.168. etc. IP address. I am not sure what to try next."

I posted this thread yesterday and it was closed by a moderator because he thought we were playing on the clock and also thought we were using the workplaces network. actually we wanted to play during our lunch hour and the workplace doesn't have a wireless network, else we would just play over battle.net. we wanted to play with his laptop hosting a wireless network. I hope this clears things up.

A:Diablo 2 tcp ip issue over wireless LAN

When you feel that a moderator has closed your thread because of a misunderstanding you should plead your case "in private." Either PM the moderator or Report your thread. That gives the mod an opportunity to reconsider and, if warranted, reopen the thread.

Starting a new thread like this looks like an attempt to circumvent the mod's action. Suddenly "remembering" that you only wanted to do this at lunch is less than convincing.

We have no way of knowing your company's policies on wireless networks. They may not want you using one in the building even on your lunch break.

I'm not saying that you are going against your company's policies in any way, but am saying that we cannot tell. Please do not open another thread on this topic. Oh, and in this case I am not interested in any more information you may have forgotten to convey.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diablo-2-tcp-ip-issue-over-wireless-lan.850029/
Relevancy 36.98%

So I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point and spent the better part of the last two days trying to figure out this issue with no success What had happen is I had a issue with a hard drive on my ASUS G x Laptop The sectors on the hard drive where bad an I knew that about a month after buying the computer What I had done was copy the whole content of the the primary hard drive over to the second empty drive on the laptop I had the original hard drive replaced and was able to boot my OS from the second hard drive I copied the content of my Wireless Issue? Drivers main Wireless Drivers Issue? drive to I didn't have any issues at all would boot fine everything worked it didn't detect a USB devices at first but then I updated the drivers and was able to pick up my USB devices with no issues The only problem that I'm having at this point is that my wireless card isn't working It shows bottom right of my screen near the time date shows the wireless signal bar with a red X over it What I had done thinking that it wasn't picking up the drivers so i went to the ASUS site that supports my drivers and downloaded all that i could find in regards to the wireless I tried installing them more than a few times and was unable to install the WIFI Intel drivers but the WIMAX drivers would install Anytime that I tried to install the driver it would install or attempt to install i would hear a confirmation sound from the computer like the wireless was instated then i would hear a sound like it was disconnected then a message would follow on the install Error not sure exactly what the number was But then it would say rolling back installation and would give a message that it had failed Any ideas I'm burnt on this one and spent the last hours beating myself up over not being able to figure it one out EDIT Specs of my machine can be found here ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS G SX

A:Wireless Drivers Issue?

Quote: Originally Posted by shmO

So I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point and spent the better part of the last two days trying to figure out this issue with no success. What had happen is I had a issue with a hard drive on my ASUS G74x Laptop.. The sectors on the hard drive where bad an I knew that about a month after buying the computer. What I had done was copy the whole content of the the primary hard drive over to the second empty drive on the laptop. I had the original hard drive replaced and was able to boot my OS from the second hard drive I copied the content of my main drive to. I didn't have any issues at all would boot fine everything worked it didn't detect a USB devices at first but then I updated the drivers and was able to pick up my USB devices with no issues.

The only problem that I'm having at this point is that my wireless card isn't working.. It shows bottom right of my screen near the time/date shows the wireless signal bar with a red X over it. What I had done thinking that it wasn't picking up the drivers so i went to the ASUS site that supports my drivers and downloaded all that i could find in regards to the wireless. I tried installing them more than a few times and was unable to install the WIFI Intel drivers but the WIMAX drivers would install. Anytime that I tried to install the driver it would install or attempt to install i would hear a confirmation sound from the computer like the wireless was instated then i would hear a sound like it was disconnected then a message would follow on the install Error 2417? (not sure exactly what the number was) But then it would say rolling back installation and would give a message that it had failed. Any ideas? I'm burnt on this one and spent the last 12 hours beating myself up over not being able to figure it one out..

EDIT:

Specs of my machine can be found here: ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS G74SX

Is there a switch on your laptop to turn on the wireless card? If so, please make sure that it is switched to on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/232399-wireless-drivers-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Logitech G7 wireless mouse hooked up to my Vista 64 box, and recently it's been acting up. From time to time, the mouse seems to just reset. It has a button on it to adjust DPI, and there are three levels at which to set it. I always have it set to high, but it frequently resets to medium and isn't functional for a few seconds. Needless to say, this is really annoying. Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

A:Wireless Mouse Issue

Originally Posted by Vash Aurion

I have a Logitech G7 wireless mouse hooked up to my Vista 64 box, and recently it's been acting up. From time to time, the mouse seems to just reset. It has a button on it to adjust DPI, and there are three levels at which to set it. I always have it set to high, but it frequently resets to medium and isn't functional for a few seconds. Needless to say, this is really annoying. Does anyone have any ideas for a fix?

Hello Vash Aurion,
You need an optional update from Windows Update Center. It's called " other hardware Hid Non-user Input Data Filter " which is designed specifically for wireless mice/keyboards. If you can't find it from Windows Update, go to google search box and type IntelliPoint , install that and you'll find the optional update.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/149685-wireless-mouse-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi My laptop got quot configured quot at University and now wireless does not work with IE or firefox Wired connection ok current ipconfig below Tired a heap of fixes none so far work- wireless connection issue any ideas please Windows IP Configuration Host Name NicCoveney-PC Primary wireless connection issue Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network wireless connection issue Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - A- - B-A -B wireless connection issue DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f e c ec ecf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - - - - - -F - - E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - -F - - E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe dc d c b e d b fd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -C - - - - - -F - - E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C -C F - C-A E- B BE AE E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c f fefc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f fefc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nd edu au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D A AE -E - F -AA - A C A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:wireless connection issue

From an elevated command prompt try:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80811-wireless-connection-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi- It sounds like I'm having the exact same problem. My computer picks up a wireless signal and even says it is "very good" but then under "access" I have only "limited or no connectivity". Please let me know if you figured it out. I'm in Argentina for 2 months and I want my wireless to work!

Relevancy 36.98%

My HP 650 Notebook PC, serial nos 5CB2413905 recently had a board problem during which it wouldnt power up.I recently changed the board and has been having wireless issues since then. First, it detects wireless networks in range but cant connect, brings up a 'cant connect to network message"  I use the Ralink  RT3290 driver. I then tried to update the driver which was successful but after then, my notebook cannot detect any wireless network in range.Also the notebook trips off suddenly anytime at intervals while working.Kindly help resolve.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wireless-Connectivity-Issue/td-p/5745624
Relevancy 36.98%

I have two computers using wireless at home, one being a desktop and the other a laptop. The desktop has never had a wireless problem but the laptop drops the connection "randomly"--anywhere from 1 to 10+ times a day. In the router's log it says this at every disconnect: wl0: 11g : DeAuthentication (rcvd. station leaving). The signal strength is fine, and this seems to happen regardless of where the laptop is in my home. What really gets me is that I've taken this laptop to friends' homes and wifi hot spots and never had a problem. Does my laptop's adapter just hate my router?

Laptop has SMC 802.11g 108Mbps card.
Router is Buffalo Wireless-G MIMO.

Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless Compatibility Issue?

CrucDawg,

This is just a guess, but something I have seen before. There may be something with your security settings between your laptop and router. Perhaps if you blow away the wireless connection profile on the laptop and then rebuild it (or just create another one) it may solve your issue.

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-compatibility-issue.104025/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,

I have an Edimax AR-7266WnA. I can currently connect to internet via ethernet but the router/modem has recently stopped showing up on my computer. The WLAN light is OFF but the WLAN switch is ON as well as 'Wireless module: Enabled' when I connect to Modem/Router. It has been known to drop out signal in the past but normally just requires a reboot.

Any idea what may be the problem. Any suggestion is hugely appreciated! Thanks in advance.

A:Edimax Wireless Issue

Can other computers connect?

Can you connect directly when the ISP cable is plugged into the PC?

Have you tried changing the cables, and power plug locations?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edimax-wireless-issue.983013/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am having an issue with my wireless PCI adapter. Every time i try to use the internet it disconnects me from my wirless network. When i reset my computer and log back in it works for awhile then disconnects. For some reason when i try to scan for my network it says no networks detected when i am only 40 feet away from my router. I am thinking that the radio shuts off on its own but i can't turn it back on. What is the problem and how do i fix it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-internet-issue-479289.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello Experts,

I have laptop running with Vista Home Premium, SP2. Till this morning the internet was working fine, but now it is not working. I tried from another system to the same wireless connection and it works fine.

I have a ping failure, wired LAN also has the same issue.
I tried IPCONFIG /release & renew.

The troubleshoot from MSN says my gateway appears to be offline, but it cant be true, since I am able to connect to the same wireless connection with a different laptop.

All I tried to enable Windows Firewall and Defender and was in the process of uninstalling Norton 360 and to install McAffee anti virus.

Any help to get this issue resolved will be much appreciated.

Thank you!
Kris

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-lan-connection-issue-445878.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello nbsp i have a lenovo Z it is a powerful machine I processor GB nbsp RAM TB HDD SSDHD Nvidia GEFORCE but i have found out that the wireless network card can go Z50 Lenovo wireless issue only to mbpsso i tried to replace it with another one also lenovo when i turned on the laptop i goot a message that i have an unauthorized wireless card please turn off the laptop and remove the card nbsp i have started to google the problem and i have found out that exists such thing as a whitelist for the wireless cards that can be used with a specific model of laptop nbsp i have found that whitelist nbsp and a i have foud out that only aproved wireless cards for this model of laptop are only x type is there any way of instaling a x wifi card it is frustrating to know that you have a verry good machine but you can't use at it's Lenovo Z50 wireless issue maximum power my wifi model is qualcom Atheros AR x nbsp BR

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z50-wireless-issue/td-p/3454681
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello i havent posted here before ive been googling for hours on this issue and i would like to think i know a little amount about computers but this has be stumped I purchased this pc awhile back cyberpower pc gaming computer desktop and its always been ran on an ethernet until i moved now Wireless internet issue. i want to run it wireless but have run into an issue when i go to networks and connections it shows quot Ethernet quot and quot VPN quot nothing for wireless ive searched everywhere for a wireless option it doesnt exist When i googled this people keep saying it has to do with a missing or old driver I followed the Wireless internet issue. tutorials only to find that my drivers seem fine as far as i can see i cant locate a wireless driver though Wireless internet issue. unless its named weird is it possible to get a custom built pc without a wireless option bought this brand new off newegg im so confused currently just hard wiring it through the house which looks horrible so i would like to get this sorted out as quick as possible thank you so much Edit suppose i could post the computer specs Processor Intel Core i - K GHz Processor Main Features bit Quad-Core Processor Cache Per Processor MB L Cache Memory GB x GB DDR Hard Drive TB SATA III RPM HDD GB SSD Optical Drive x DVD -R -RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE Graphics AMD Radeon R X GB Audio Sound card - Integrated Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet Power Supply W Operating System Windows -bit Special Features CyberpowerPC X-Titan Gaming Case Motherboard Chipset Intel X CPU CPU Type Intel Core i CPU Speed K GHz L Cache Per CPU MB CPU Socket Type LGA CPU Main Features bit Quad-Core Processor Graphics GPU VGA Type AMD Radeon R X GB Memory Memory Capacity GB DDR Memory Speed DDR Form Factor DIMM -pin Memory Spec GB x Hard Drive HDD TB HDD GB SSD HDD Interface SATA III HDD RPM rpm Optical Drive Optical Drive Type DVD RW Optical Drive Spec x DVD -R -RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE Audio Audio Channels Channels Communications LAN Speed Mbps Front Panel Ports Front USB x USB x USB Back Panel Ports PS Video Ports DVI HDMI Display Port Rear USB x USB x USB RJ port Rear Audio Ports ports Expansion PCI Slots Available Total x PCI-e x available x PCI-e x available nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

So I came home from college for springbreak and wanted to connect to my house's wifi as I usually do when i came home before. It says its connected and when I go to use the internet it says that its not available. I checked the network sharing center and it says i'm connected to multiple networks. Clearly im not though. I connected to the same old wifi that I've always done. If i try to disconnect from that other unidentified network it disconnects from both. What do i need to fix to get back up and running?

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Issue

Hi -

Un-install all network drivers in Device Manager then re-boot.
Start | type devmgmt.msc

Vista will re-install them for you.

See if this helps.

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-wireless-issue-355973.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Me and a friend would like to play diablo 2 at work without a router. I have XP media center and he has vista. He hosts the network and i connect to it. We keep getting the "cannot connect to server" error. We have tried using a static 192.168. etc. IP address. I am not sure what to try next.

A:Diablo 2 tcp ip issue over wireless LAN

How is your network really setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diablo-2-tcp-ip-issue-over-wireless-lan.849781/
Relevancy 36.98%

My wife's cannot connect to the wireless internet since I got a new laptop even though my laptop will connect to the internet.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06165502-2b8e-4df6-aada-cf6f96f5d9c9/wireless-internet-issue?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 36.98%

Summary Linksys router won t quot see quot my laptop won t give an IP addy so no internet I m visiting the parents They have a wireless network that was set up by my brother who isn t here I ve been into another issue Yet network wireless the router config and it looks fine Something like a half-dozen different laptops have apparently connected to this config no problem My stepdad isn t an expert hasn t even ever been in the config but as it s been working perfect up till now I m reluctant to dick around with the settings There s a Netgear wireless AP connected to a Com HomeConnect hub which connects to a Linksys BEFSR v There are two laptops connected wirelessly one PC connects wired The Linksys seems to be set for mostly defaults My laptop is a Fujitsu P D has an Atheros wireless adapter machine is about months old I ve connected it wirelessly to a number of different networks normally there is no problem It connects wired to this network without a problem I cannot test with a different card as he has only pc cards and I d need a CF card on this machine no pc card slot It connects fine with the wireless AP but the router doesn t quot Yet another wireless network issue see quot it and thus it ends up with the autoconfig address no connectivity When I plug in the proper info into the TCP IP setup my adapter thinks I m fully connected not quot limited or no connectivity quot which is what I get without it However no internet Lessee I ve tried disabling my firewall and rebooting Yet another wireless network issue no change I ve tried lots of things but it always acquires quickly times out on acquiring network address and ends up with either what s in TCP IP or the autoconfig addy I may be missing something obvious so feel free to start with the simple stuff so I can eliminate Yet another wireless network issue them I think I am fairly clued tho and so far this is the first wireless network that I haven t been able to beat into submission I m starting to suspect that it may be an incompatibility between my adapter and the router There is another laptop that quot wouldn t connect quot and is using a card but I can t say that it proves anything as the user isn t a wireless expert and certainly hasn t tried all the same things I have Any help appreciated nbsp

A:Yet another wireless network issue

Confirm that the router is not using MAC address filtering and that the Dhcp server address range is not too restrictive.

When you tried a static IP, did you remember to also set Gateway and DNS, and did you try to ping the router?

Is the network encrypted; and if so, WEP or WPA?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yet-another-wireless-network-issue.465413/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I am new to this site and I have a moderate knowledge of computer Basically everything outside of the registry So I may need somethings listed in plainest terms just to make sure I understand exactly what you mean Anyways I am using a Dell computer with Windows XP Pro Service pack installed as the OS My Issue Wireless Connection brother Wireless Connection Issue recently made some changes to the security registry changes and other changes Im not sure of to my parents computer I have both the wired and wireless devices enabled under device manager but for Wireless Connection Issue some reason under network connections it will not list the wired and wireless connections Before my brother made the security changes the computer operated with a wired internet connection to the router which it still ha and uses Now I want to switch it to a wireless connection but I am not able to set up a wireless connection which should be quite simple I have run an update AVG virus scan as well as a spybot scan and no issues were reported with either Any suggestions P S The wireless card it a PCI Linksys wrt gs The drivers are up to date and when I tried to install the linksys software it failed due to a failure to launch ikernel exe

A:Wireless Connection Issue

On another side note, my brother made the changes while home on vacation.. He is not able to help me out at the moment..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-issue-500965.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a realtek 8188ce built into my Toshiba laptop. Initially windows 8 detects it and it works fine, however after a restart (or 2) the device manager will report that the device cannot start or simply wont detect the wireless card at all. I've also downloaded the latest drivers from realtek and the problem persisted.
The only way I can temporarily fix the wireless card is to go into the device manager, restore hidden devices and remove the wireless card. Windows will detect it upon restart and it will work fine again. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Wireless card issue

Do the drivers claim to be W8 compatible. If not one idea is to run them in W7 compatibility mode when you install them (right click on driver)

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/13095-wireless-card-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,

I'm having interference with my wireless backbones.

there is a wireless ISP in here that is using an access point that called D-Link DWL-2100 and theycan change frequency from 2.4 GHZ to lower frequencies "2.3 ranges" by using special frimware. when they change that, they only login into the AP by using telnet not more http.

Anyone can help me getting this frimware ?

Regards.

Relevancy 36.98%

So my wireless keeps disappearing from my list of networks on my PC. The weird thing is it is only my router that disappears from the list and not my neighbors' routers. The reason it weirds me out so, is the router is working fine, as I am typing this on my laptop connected to the network, also WII, and Ipad are still connected just fine. The only fix I've found is to restart the computer, but it only works sometimes, and when it does it is only temporary. Device Manager says Drivers are up to date. It has a gigabyte gn-wp01gs WLAN card.Not sure what would cause this, it has all worked fine for about 3 years, and just started doing this yesterday.

A:Weird wireless issue

Is your ISP a DSL or Cable connection?
get a copy of inSSIDer and it will show all wifi stations in range and the channel they are using - -
set yours to an unused or least used number.

inSSIDer also shows signal strength and supports both 2.4 & 5.0 GHZ bands

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-wireless-issue.186837/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have just discovered that my linksys wireless router only allows one computer at a time to connect to the internet wirelessly. It connects to all computers will excellent signal strength but then only one makes the connection to the web. Let me know if you need any more information. Help is greatly appreciated.

A:Wireless Router issue

On the one machine that IS connected wirelessly, let's see this.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-issue.581204/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have wireless World of Warcraft headset which I've had an odd issue with for as long as i can remember. Whenever i start my computer (via reboot or from shutdown), my headset has a 95% chance of losing the microphone. By losing the mic, i mean that when i turn on the headset, the speakers on it work perfectly fine, but the microphone doesn't work at all. It shows up as a microphone in the volume control but won't actually relay voice.

To fix it, temporarily at least, i have to turn off the headset, unplug it if it is plugged in, set the usb dongle to sync, turn on headset, sync headset. I haven't been able to find anyone else with the same issue. Anyone have ideas on possible ways to fix it so i don't have to re-sync on every boot up? I've updated the firmware for it and haven't had success with that.

A:Wireless Headset issue

No one have any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/160177-wireless-headset-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,

Recently, I have been experiencing an issue with maintaining connection when my wireless laptop is near my Linksys router. The connection continues failing when close to the router, but I stay connected whenever I move away from it.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion running Windows Vista...I am using a Linksys WRT110 wireless router which has the latest firmware update installed. My WIFI adapter is a Broadcom 4322AG...which has the current drivers installed.

I have my router set to channel 11...the least traffic in my area is using this channel. The RSSI number runs between ( -65 to -75) when away from the router, & about -38 RSSI when sitting next to the router.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation & perhaps offer a solution.

Thanks,
Mike

Relevancy 36.98%

Firstly I was not sure if this belonged here or in the hardware section but okay For almost a year now I've had an ongoing issue with my wireless Once or twice a day for an amount of time ranging from minutes to a few hours the speed of my connection will degrade dramatically and in most cases web pages will time out while loading and online games EVE online will become unplayable A few facts about the problem -This seems to be isolated to one specific machine as nobody else in the house has complained -I am using the standard issue Verizon Continuing wireless. issue with router the MI rev D and my service is Verizon FIOS -I have called Verizon and got the standard quot Welll er factory reset and buy more bandwidth quot response -I have have performed a factory reset Continuing issue with wireless. on said router to no avail -It is not correlated with any game or program running It happens no matter what is running regardless of what is running in the background -I have already changed wireless adapters with absolutely no change The first one was a TEW- GA and I am currently using a Rosewill RNX-N X -This computer is in the opposite corner of the house from the router but still gets a usable signal My laptop and my tablet both connect perfectly without this issue in the same room My next step will probably be to replace the router I Continuing issue with wireless. use the Verizon one because of the on-demand TV service that apparently requires it Thanks in advance for any responses and any thoughts

A:Continuing issue with wireless.

Hi Fuzzykinz, welcome to the forums

I've put together a tutorial that has had some success in remedying connectivity issues and could help

Wireless Network - Remove

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122047-continuing-issue-wireless.html
Relevancy 36.98%

First off here is a basic description of my system -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c User Name Owner Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x unstable Wireless issue Motherboard Name Asus A V X-LA Kelut PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Video LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset VIA VT A UniChrome KM A System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce AGP Monitor HP w Wide LCD Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy Wireless unstable issue disk drive Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Wireless unstable issue Ultra-ATA Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Optical Drive HP DVD Writer c DVD x x x CD x x x DVD RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D FAT MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Enhanced Mulmedia PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter RangeMax NEXT Wireless Adapter WN B Modem Standard Modem Peripherals Printer Fax Printer hp psc series Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Printer Microsoft XPS Document Wireless unstable issue Writer USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device hp psc series DOT USB USB Device hp psc series USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device USB Device USB Printing Support And a description of the issue I am having I had a WG T netgear PCI card in my desktop and it worked fine until one day my system would just intermittantly freeze up total freeze-keyboard mouse everything frozen only thing would work holding down the power switch till it restarted system So after banging my head on the desk for days I began to relize this only happened when I was on the internet So decided to try a new network card and presto issue fixed Or so I thought Now what is happening is with this new netcard RangeMax NEXT Wireless Adapter WN B is intermitantly some times not once allday sometimes repeatedly allday all the sudden the little wireless icon on the taskbar will turn to red and I lose conection to the router was Ambit but guess now they are Ubee Wireless Cable Router Model DDW Now once this happens the only way I can re-establish connection is to restart the computer If when it is disconnected I go to try to repair it right-click icon select repair nothing happens and if I go to properties and try to enable card it says it is enabled and working with no issue s and if I try to select disable again nothing happens Have tried both the netgear and windows zero config same issue with both Also if I try to scan for wireless signals it detects none although there are a few in my area Now I have beeen on the phone to netgear and after trying to figure out the issue which is hard because of it s randomness netgear finnally said well just exchange it and see then So I exchanged it for identacial card and same issue By the way am crossing my fingers I get this posted before it happens again lol When it is fuctioning properly signal stregnth is excellent Also have noticed that the speed will drop as low as Mps allot And in a attempt to figure this out I used a program that captures communacations of the card and showed me a issue of quot Zero Window quot which I found very little information on the internet about I als... Read more

A:Wireless unstable issue

Thought I would add this might help(blocked out some items cause never know what a hacvker needs to get to me).
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : XXXXXXXXXXX
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Trailer:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : RangeMax™ NEXT Wireless Adapter W
N311B #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.17
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : XX.XXX.192.61
XX.XXX.224.36
XX.XXX.46.115
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, October 11, 2010 2:12:00 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, October 11, 2010 3:12:00 AM

Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-11
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : XXXX::XXXX:192.168.0.17%2
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352961/wireless-unstable-issue/
Relevancy 36.98%

hey. i've been searching for answers all day and you guys seem pretty reliable, so hopefully you can help me out.

recently my internet dropped out randomly, and ever since then my computer has been unable to connect to my wireless router. i use xp and have not had issues with my internet connection before. my dad's laptop (which i am using now) still connects fine.
my network card is a NETGEAR WG311v3 801.11g Wireless PCI Adapter - according to my device manage. i tried turning the router on and off, resetting the router, turning off my pc, and reinstalling my network card drivers, but nothing seems to be working. i just ran an ipconfig/all and can't see anything that even resembles an ip address amongst the text... i will post it if you guys think its necessary. please help, im stumped

thanks in advance

A:wireless connection issue

Hello srlspeed and welcome to TechGuy.

Could you also give us the make and model of your router and computer.
If possible, could you try connecting your computer to the router by ethernet and see if that will work?

Lot of work, but have you tried uninstalling the PCI card, remove it from the computer, and then do a complete reinstall following the Netgear instructions?

This is the information JohnWill usually asks for from your computer. Would also be helpful if you can post he sae information from your dad,s laptop.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you do not have a network connection save the information from the command window to notepad fie on a flashdrive and use your dad's computer to post it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.841035/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have recently baught a new D-link 802-11G wireless router, with the wireless USB adapter. I have the onternet connection working fine, but I would like to know how to share printers, files and folders between the 2 computers. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 36.98%

OK was wireless issue Strange hoping to get some potential alternate ideas on a very strange wireless connectivity issue I m trying to troubleshoot on someone else s machine The laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T p model type - ju running Windows XP latest SPs etc What s happening is that here at the office the laptop will either not connect to Strange wireless issue the wireless network at all sits at waiting for network and sometimes goes to quot waiting Strange wireless issue for network to be ready quot before dying or it will connect quickly but only stay connected for maybe seconds However the laptop will connect to wireless anywhere else just fine just not here in either building We have tried updating the drivers and when that failed we completely removed the adapters from Windows and had it re-discover them and re-install them with the latest drivers once more It s not a matter of secure unsecure networks either as it works at the owner s house and his home network is secured Nor is it a signal strength issue as his signal strength at home is lower than at work We even popped the case open and made sure the wireless card was well seated it s an integrated card anyway and was screwed in Still to be sure we unscrewed and reseated it Furthermore it used to work just fine and only developed this issue recently Also if he plugs into the wired ethernet he s fine It is not an endemic problem with the wireless here as he is the only user experiencing the problem everyone else connects just fine I don t know what it could be configuration-wise as we completely blew away the device and rebuilt it from scratch as far as Windows is concerned It s not a user login issue as the security method only requires a generic authentication encryption key so it s not a kerberos authentication issue or something My only idea is that it s something subtle hardware-wise but what it d be I have no idea as I d think a hardware issue would prevent him from connecting in other locations So anyone have any ideas Thanks much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I ve run into a wireless connection snafu that s put me at my wit s end so I m turning here to hopefully get some help I turned on my Dell E running Windows this evening and can t get it to connect to my router I ve tried resetting the router rebooting the PC disabling enabling the wireless card and removing and re-adding the profile in the Network Connection Wireless Issue and Sharing Center to no avail My wireless network shows up just fine in the list of available networks and I ve Wireless Connection Issue had no connection problems with any of my other PCs I can even get as far as trying to connect before it kicks back a quot Windows was unable to connect to network Wireless Connection Issue name quot I ve had no significant wireless connection issues with this computer up until now save for some issues with Dell ControlPoint when I upgraded from Vista to DCP is still installed if that s pertinent and it was working fine on a friend s wireless network earlier this afternoon My ipconfig all log is below in my attempt to be proactive in getting help with this I m hoping for any advice that doesn t involve wiping out my whole system and starting over especially since everything was working just fine hours ago Thanks in advance --- Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users akd gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name E -Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN Mini-C ard Physical Address - - E- - B- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - -E -AA- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft To Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter ... Read more

First step, do a system restore to before the issue happened. This is probably the most painless solution if it works.

Next, I'd remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.923483/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, having similar problem, disabled encryption on router and still can't connect. Next step?

A:Wireless connection issue

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.723623/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Pavillion dv6000 (dv6449US) laptop that does not like the replacement wireless adapter at all. The original is a BroadCom BCM94321MC and I am replacing it with an identical model numbered card. The computer doesn't POST at all, but I get an error something like: "104 - incompatible hardware detected."

It is obvious the issue is in the BIOS, but how can I work around this? I looked on HP's site and the last BIOS upgrade was back in 2007 - which doesn't cure this issue.

Does anyone have a suitable work-around I can try?

Thanks for your time and efforts. Have a fantastic day!

ViperFan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-wireless-adapter-issue.911603/
Relevancy 36.98%

I recently bought a Laptop. Windows Vista Basic. along with that laptop i bought a wireless router. Hooked it up and all that and my windows Vista EVEN READS IT!! But...then it tells me i have limited connectivity and cannot connect to the internet.

WHY? I would love some help, thanks again!

DSL Gateway Modem
Belkin Wireless Modem
Wired + Wireless connections
Toshiba Satellite a100/a105 Series
XP SP-2 and on laptop, Windows Vista Basic

Relevancy 36.98%

Hello I am unable to setup a wireless home network in WinXP Sp Here are Networking Wireless Win XP Issue the facts and the problem I have a Wireless Network Wizard link in Control Panel but No Wireless Connection Icon in Network Connections Link In my Network Connections Window I have an active Connection and another active LAN Connection which is the current Connection through my Broadband Modem attached to my Desktop There is a LAN Win XP Wireless Networking Issue Connection in Network Connections with a Red Cross which is for Realtek RTL Fast Ethernet NIC In Device Manager - Other Devices there is a PCI Modem and two Raid Controllers all with Yellow Question Marks However in Network Adapters Win XP Wireless Networking Issue I get four items - Net Adapter Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC and USB Remote NDIS Device I tried using the Wireless Wizard in Control Panel and Created a Connection with a USB Pen Drive But nothing shows up in my Network Connections Window I check in Services and the Wireless Service is also showing as Started My host is a Desktop AMD with WinXP Sp and the Client would be Laptop with Vista H P amp built in Win XP Wireless Networking Issue Wireless I do not have a Router and am not sure if the Realtek Fast Ethernet Card serves the purpose of a Wireless Card Here are Screen shots of Control Panel Network Connections Device Manager amp Services http s photobucket com albums ad bya ControlPanel jpg http i photobucket com albums ad bya Services jpg http i photobucket com albums ad bya NetworkConnections jpg http i photobucket com albums ad bya DeviceManager jpg Hope the above facts suffice in explaining the problem and would appreciate any assistance advise or guide to solve the problem Do let me know if any other info is required Thanks amp regards B Y A nbsp

A:Win XP Wireless Networking Issue

The desktop machine shown - does not have a wireless connection - what makes you think it has wireless

- Make and Exact model of Modem
- Make and Exact model of all PCs and Laptops

The best way to do this is using a router - they are very cheap
But if you are trying to use ICS - internet connection sharing - then you will need to have a wireless adapter on the desktop

8. I do not have a Router and am not sure if the Realtek 8139 Fast Ethernet Card serves the purpose of a Wireless Card. Click to expand...

No
http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=6&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=18

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-wireless-networking-issue.909931/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi guys I ve had my NetGear WGR v wireless router since two years ago and I rarely Wireless issue NetGear used NetGear Wireless issue it because it kept disconnecting me So now I want to put it to use at my friends house as he needs a router but the wireless does not work on it The firmware on it is updated The service provider is Comcast cable modem is Motorola I ve tried unplugging the cable modem and plugging it back in then plugging into the router etc but this doesn t work The wired connection works fine on the router My friends laptop is however able to detect the wireless signal but when he tries to connect to it it s not able to connect I played around with restarting his laptop turning the cable modem and router on off fiddled with the router settings turning the firewall off turning the WPA security on and off etc but no luck I also tried that godforbid Setup Wizard CD that is provided and not only did it not solve the issue it changed around the wireless setting windows wireless to thinkpad accesspoint and did something to the ISP so that my wired connection didn t work Thus I unplugged the cable modem and plugged it back minutes after gaining back my wired connection Back to square one Is there something I m missing that s causing the wireless to not work nbsp

A:NetGear Wireless issue

Some things you can try here.
Change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

Since you've updated the firmware, that leaves changing the channel and doing a complete factory reset and reconfiguration.

If neither of these get the wireless working for machines that have no issues with other wireless networks, the wireless capability of that router may simply be broken.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wireless-issue.706655/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am using a microsoft wireless mouse and I notice somtimes the mouse will move in the opposite direction or move father then I did.

My os is windows 7.

anti-virus protection: Bitdefender total security 2013.

Relevancy 36.98%

OK, wireless worked fine, left laptop on in sleep mode overnight, next morning
wireless zero replaced by some crappy program called configfree. Now wireless does not work. I would like to know how to get wireless zero back.

A:curious wireless issue

Go into add/remove programs and remove the config free application. Is this by chance a toshiba laptop? I just had to fix my fathers laptop for this exact issue.

Remove Toshiba config free and reboot. XP WiFi manager should be back in charge of the connections.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/curious-wireless-issue-427995.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello

I can't find a solution to my wireless issue (as I seem to be the only one with it) where my computer takes about 2 minutes (sometimes longer) to connect to any wireless router every time I wake it up from sleep mode or turn on/restart it. This has happened ever since I updated my Intel PROSet/Wireless driver. Trying to troubleshoot the problem myself, I disabled everything that has to do with Intel PROSet/Wireless services and noticed that my wireless connection still works without it. It was a while ago when I updated the drivers and have been unable to fix the problem since then (Uninstalling PROSet/Wireless made my wireless adapter not work, saying it did not have any drivers installed). I wish to get this issue resolved so I can easily fix the next ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connectivity-issue.1073982/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Gateway MX6028 Laptop with XP Home, it has a pci wireless card but does not see wireless any where I go, It worked for awhile then stopped and now i'm stumped does anyone have any suggestions that I might try?
Thank you

Relevancy 36.98%

Firstly if I have placed this in the wrong category I apologise I am new to forums and this is my first attempt, after receiving a new laptop several months ago I began experiencing wi-fi disconnection issues at times the indicator on the system tray indicates limited connectivity, that's when I know that I am about to lose the connection I use windows 8.1 so when clicking on the wi-fi signal strength indicator in the system tray the network status dialogue slide's in from the right of the screen where I pre-empt the drop off by switching the wi-fi off & on again. This can happen up to three times a day and becomes very irritating if anyone reading this post can offer any help ideally, with a DIY solution I would be so grateful, actually any help / suggestions would be gratefully received. Thank you.
PS. Computer is acer aspire e series with a Broadcom 802.11n Wireless adapter.

A:Wireless drop off issue's

Welcome to the forum! First things to check is your power settings. In advanced power settings make sure "maximum performance" is selected for the wireless adapter:

Then in Device Manager make sure in the wireless adapter power management tab the "allow computer to turn off this device to save power" box is not checked:

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40167-wireless-drop-off-issues.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello HP community nbsp This is the first time I have written something here wireless Quirky issue so bare with me nbsp I have a elitebook as shown and have an Quirky wireless issue issue nbsp When the laptop is first booted I can see all of my network connections by clicking on the network icon in the bottom right corner nbsp However after a few second ish all network connections disappear from the list nbsp Now here is the weird part if I connect to a wireless connection during that first time period when I can see the connections it stays connected even after they have all disappeared nbsp I can browse the internet but if I ever need to change my wireless access point I have to shutdown rebootm and wait for those golden seconds on boot to change nbsp I have the latest network drivers as of nbsp I have been on google for a couple hours trying to solve this with no luck nbsp I could use some sagely wisdom nbsp ThanksAndrew

A:Quirky wireless issue

@Andrew_sed123? Some ideas: Restart the router -- give the router a good two-three minutes to boot after restarting it Make sure your encryption types are the same on both computer and router, for example: WPA2-PSK with AES / WPA2 Consider assigning a static IP address Assuming the router is providing wireless -- if router provided both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, consider assigning a separate SSID to each.  Connect to the appropriate SSID for your situation Consider increasing the wireless power on your computer's wireless adapter Help, suggestions, and examples:Settings to Improve Wireless ConnectivitySections, various, including:Wifi Power ManagementNotebook wireless balks or won?t stay connected when running on battery When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Quirky-wireless-issue/td-p/5813021
Relevancy 36.98%

Okay so I got Windows Professional for for the main computer at my apartment This computer was previously running Vista Bit I believe So I 7 Wireless Issue Windows looked it up and found the thread to overcome THAT issue Created the ISO burned it installed Win and I thought that everything had gone smoothly HOWEVER after the initial setup I went to the bottom right to connect wirelessly to my Linksys router WRT N and I chose to connect It asked for the password of course and I put in what I thought was the right Windows 7 Wireless Issue password It said that it wasn't correct So I went into my file folders and looked it up to be doubly sure I was typing in the right words And I was Yet it still kept saying that it was Windows 7 Wireless Issue quot incorrect quot I then plugged in an ethernet cable from the router to the back of the computer and of course the internet was flowing again However I don't want to use that cable The wireless was working just fine with Vista and now it's not There are other laptops here mine and my brothers right now and both of them were able to disconnect and reconnect using the password we had created Just to make sure that it wasn't something to do with the router I logged into the router's homepage went into wireless security tab and changed the password I then saved it Tried reconnecting with all machines The laptops had no issues but the Windows machine is the one that refuses to connect wirelessly Am I doing something wrong Or could something have gone wrong with the installation I haven't entered a product key in yet and I have NOT activated Windows yet Could that be the issue Sorry for the long wall of text I'm just really concerned and want to make sure I've given all the necessary info

A:Windows 7 Wireless Issue

Please update your system specs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...tem-specs.html

There have been a few threads about this - I'm certain if you look around on this board you'll find one or two that might help. Have you done any research on this forum yet? I recall posting a fix in one of them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30959-windows-7-wireless-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have two computers A and B A - Gateway MX Laptop - XP Media Center Edition Version SP - Intel PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection B - HP Pavilion Desktop - XP Home Edition Version SP - Belkin g Network Adapter I use Comcast cable highspeed internet and am connected through a wireless router Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router and a cable modem A is able to connect to the network and browse the internet just fine Here is A s quot ipconfig all quot information Windows IP Configuration Host Name Xibalba Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless Issue Network DNS Suffix Search List hsd co comcast net Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd co comcast net Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Connection Physical Address - -DE- - E- Dhcp Enabled Wireless Network Issue Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday March PM Lease Expires Monday March PM Ethernet Wireless Network Issue adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address -E -B -AE- - B connects to the wireless network sporadically but even when it does connect it is unable to browse the internet Here is B s quot ipconfig all quot information Windows IP Configuration Host Name IansComputer Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Belkin g Network Adapter Physical Address - - - E-D - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Under the Device Manager gt Belkin g Network Adapter gt Properties it says quot This device is working properly quot Can someone please help me with this issue Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless Network Issue

Oh, and this all started after I set up my wireless network to share files between computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-issue.73249/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a HP window 7 home premium , 32 bit operating system, model HP Mini 110-1100, rating 2.3 windows experience index. When I try to logon wifi, it say connected, but connecting online. I get you this message, this page can't be displayed. Even when I try google.com I get the same message this page can't be displayed. It shows that it conneted to the wireless network, but no internet access. Help

Relevancy 36.98%

I receintly switched from Digiweb ethernet connection to Digiweb wireless. The connection is perfect on another laptop in the house, but on my computer it goes on and off, every 5 minutes. It will be off for about 30 seconds, but this means I can't watch videos or play games if they are connected to the internet. It has only happened since switching to wireless, and there was no issues with my connection while it was connected via an ethernet cable.

Model: Dell Latitude D610

If you need any more information I can try and get it to you. I hear the issue is something to do with the drivers, but I don't know which individual ones to download and have had some problems trying so I'll see if anyone would be able to give me a hand. All replies are greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 36.98%

I m having a problem with wireless scanning which I think may be a wireless networking issue For about months I ve been using Quicken with two HP Photosmart all-in-ones - a and a - in Windows Quicken allows you to scanning issue Wireless scan documents and attach them to individual transactions I recently had to replace the older of the two the I tried four devices - an Epson a Canon and and two HP s - and found that none of them worked with Quicken wirelessly With other software - PaperPort MS Office Scanning - I had mixed results As they all had their problems I decided to keep Wireless scanning issue the device I liked best the Canon Pixma MX One of the reasons is that it has a duplexing ADF also I found their tech support to be slightly more responsive than Epson s and HUGELY more so than HP s which should come as no surprise In fact one of Canon s senior tech people spent an hour and a half with me but he couldn t get it to work Here s where I am now - I can only use Quicken with the device through a wired connection and then only with the WIA driver I can use the Canon driver which allows me to use the duplexer with PaperPort and MS Office but again only wired The Canon tech felt it was most likely a Windows security or permissions issue but couldn t suggest how to get around it The odd thing is that the older HP s have worked fine the continues to do so I remember when wireless scanning first became a reality six or eight years ago I had an old HP with a JetScan card and it too worked just fine Wireless scanning seems to have become more problematic not less Software tech support at Intuit Quicken and Nuance PaperPort has been useless At this point everyone s tech support - hardware and software - is telling me the same thing quot While our product does support wireless scanning we recommend a wired connection quot Seriously Has anyone had any experience with this sort of issue and can you suggest a remedy Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Belkin G wireless set up on my Desktop with Vista. I have a labtop with Windows XP that connects wirelessly thru my Desktop Vista. The problem I am having is my connection. It connects for a while than the internet connection drops and picks back up with in a few seconds. When I connect to other wireless computers I don't have this problem. My Desktop drops also, the only thing I can think of is my Vista is the problem.

Relevancy 36.98%

I am helping my mother set up her new HP dv7 laptop running Vista SP1 and an HP 6480 Wireless Printer. Everything went great during the install and the wireless printing was great. Now, every time I restart my machine or wake it up from sleep mode, the print jobs just get stuck in the queue. I have to manually go into services.msc and restart the print spooler, then it starts printing everything. I have tried both patches from HP for this printer and have tried everything they have mentioned, including reinstalling the software completely. Restarting the print spooler every damn time is the only thing that works. Anything else to try? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-issue.866519/
Relevancy 36.98%

i use a thinkpad laptop running xp pro, connects to a netgear wireless router, using wireless encryption, via a linksys pcmcia wireless card. The issue at hand here is that when i bring my laptop back up from hibernation, it can't connect to the router. IP config shows an APIPA adress(169...). If I do a repair in the properties of the connection, it fixes it. also works if I power cycle the router. This is a really annoting thing to deal with. I was wondering if anyone knew if this was an os based issue or could there be a time out setting somewhere is my router?
Netgear wireless router WGR614 v5
Windows XP pro SP2
firewall enabled: settings are not default, although the fire wall when disabled doesn't seem to make a difference with this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thankyou,
DEBUNKCIA

A:wireless and hibernate issue

If anyone knows of a trick or has alittle bit of direction for me so i don't have to repair the connection everytime i boot from hibernation it would really help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-and-hibernate-issue.381998/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello, I am having problems connecting to my wireless network from my Dell 600m laptop. I am using the Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG network card. Basically, I can see my card listed in the network connections list, but it cannot find any wireless networks. Usually I can see a dozen to connect to but that all went away. My problem is similar to the issue discussed in the following thread:

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/662999-solved-wireless-connection-gone.html

I tried all the suggestions that were noted in that thread, but none have worked. The solution that fixed it for the other person (allowing Windows to configure wireless network settings) didn't work for me. Not sure what to do now. This all started after I was trying to clean up my computer (deleting old programs, files, etc). System restore did not fix it. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Someone else's issue doesn't help us here.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

Have you tried to do a system restore to before the problem occurred?
If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wireless connection issues, have you removed all the stored wireless network profiles and then searched for the network?
For wireless laptops, have you made SURE the wireless switch is on?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.894925/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 17R laptop that has some issues with its wireless network adapter. Whenever I turn on my laptop from sleep mode, it doesn't automatically connect to my wireless connection. While that's not a big deal, when I attempt to manually connect to it, one message says I'm connected while another says it can't (see WiFi.png attachment). As soon as I close the error message that says my laptop can't connect, the WiFi icon changes to show I'm connected.

I'm guessing that the cause of this is a driver issue of some sort, so I'm trying to identify which driver I should uninstall to remedy it. My choices are in the Device Manager.png attachment. Any help identifying how to make the erroneous message go away would be very helpful! Let me know if you need any additional information from me.

Thank you,

Joel

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/384723-wireless-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 36.98%

The wife's laptop (ASUS X54C-BBK17 with Win 7 Home Premium) has developed a wireless issue. Upon starting up or coming out of sleep mode, there is no internet connectivity because the wireless adapter is turned off. Running the network troubleshooter identifies the issue, I apply the fix, and all is well until the next time. This has only recently started to happen. I've run Malwarebytes and other programs without finding anything. What would suddenly make this start happening? How do I fix it?

A:Wireless Adapter Issue

have a look and see if its power off is enabled

goto device manager
right click on the wireless adapter
properties
power tab
see if allow to power off is ticked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-issue.1117770/
Relevancy 36.98%

alright, i used the same model of router except non wireless for a good long while now. but considering i just got a laptop that is wi-fi ready i figured why not upgrade. i replaced the old router with the new wireless one. set it up as i normally would. my existing wired connections stayed in tack and my wireless connection claims to be connected at a rate of excellent at 54.4 mps but its not actually connected to the internet. i mean it says it is but when i try i get nothing. any insight would be great

thank you

khorin

Relevancy 36.98%

Hello all,

I have a similar problem as below. Please help me.

I have two dell laptops and one desktop. Desktop is connected to router through cable from the router. Both laptops were set up to use the wireless network. I have Netgear MR814 router. Both were working ok. But now, one laptop does not connect to the wireless. It detects the network with good signal strength but when I click connect it pops up the message "Windows unable to detect the selected network. Network may be out of range".
This laptop had a virus, so the data got backed up and the XP operating system got reinstalled by a computer service person. After that it stopped connecting to wireless. It works when I connect it through the cable. Also any other laptop gets connected to wireless network.

Relevancy 36.98%

I am having exactly the same problem with the same machine using a netgear router. If I cable up the pc to the router this works fine. But i want to use it as wireless. It shows as limited connectivity. The network cards say they are working fine. I have my works pc on XP working fine on this wireless network

A:Wireless connection issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.622203/
Relevancy 36.98%

can you please help me with how you solved this problem.Im kind of having the same problem and hve no idea what to do at all.Thanks

A:Wireless connection issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-issue.621019/