Windows Support Forum

Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue

Q: Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue

With my old computer and mouse I used to be able to use the middle button for various tasks susch as opening a link in another tab rotating the camera in games etc Logitech Mouse HID-compliant - Cordless issue middle button mouse and i have got very used to this I recently purchased a Dell XPS One and am using the mouse which came with it which according Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue to Device Manager is the Logitech HID Compliant Cordless Mouse I am running Vista Home Premium x and i am unable to use the middle button for this Instead in firefox it is a sort of zoom function Yesterday it started working - i don t know why - but today it has failed again and is back to the zoom function If i hold down the CTRL button and left click this is the same as middle button should be so is there any way i can swap these functions around I don t know if this is a problem with the mouse or with vista or with me not finding some setting If it helps my mouse driver is version which i think is up to date nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse - middle mouse button issue

Have you gone to Mouse in the Vista Control Panel and see what choices you are given there to manage the mouse?

What does it say the mouse is if you look at the bottom of the mouse itself? Is there a model number?

If its a Logitech Mouse you may be able to install the Logitech SetPoint software to add extra functionality or programing options: javascript:downloadSW();

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-hid-compliant-cordless-mouse-middle-mouse-button-issue.783684/
Relevancy 93.62%

So, I got this mouse about a month in with Vista, becasue my five year old laser mouse is dying. This new mouse worked great for a fre months, and with in the last three/four months, doesn't respond at all. I have attempted to uninstall the driver than reinstall, and this doesn't help. I've tried install with out the UAC on(just trying), and still nothing. My old PS/2 mouse is very hard to use, I would greatly appreciate any help here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-lx5-cordless-optical-mouse-w-vista-issue.612873/
Relevancy 90.21%

Hi I am unable to troubleshoot this problem So may be someone can help me here I have following devices Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer it is wireless mouse Logitech cordless Keyboard Model Y-RC again mouse Microsoft and Cordless cordless Keyboard hang to cause Logitech Vista wireless kboard The version of Vista is Home Premium bit I connect both the devices to USB ports of my laptop HP Microsoft Cordless mouse and Logitech cordless Keyboard cause Vista to hang Pavalion dv When system boots everything works fine When I go to school I disconnect the devices and I hibernate the system When I come back to home I power on the system Microsoft Cordless mouse and Logitech cordless Keyboard cause Vista to hang and it works fine But when I re-connect the devices system freezes I am trying to troubleshoot which of the two devices causes this Today I found that when I connect mouse it works perfectly but when I connect the keyboard after that the system froze The Logitech website Microsoft Cordless mouse and Logitech cordless Keyboard cause Vista to hang tells that the driver in Vista is sufficient These devices used to work fine on my older Dell laptop with Windows XP home Any suggestions Thanks Prabhat

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/207117-microsoft-cordless-mouse-logitech-cordless-keyboard-cause-vista-hang.html
Relevancy 87.42%

I have a wireless Logitech cordless mouse and ex 110 keyboard packaged together that is not functioning properly. The mouse and keyboard work fine and well together when I reinstall the drivers, but for only a few hours.

When the computer boots, the mouse says it has a problem installing the drivers for the mouse yet works ordinarily. The keyboard refuses to use the hot keys that select print, Word, help, save, etc. However, the multimedia keys for outlook express, home, calculator, mute et. al. all work fine. What to do- help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-cordless-mouse-cordless-desktop-ex-110.649259/
Relevancy 85.87%

Hi

I have a windows 7 and whenever I play anything on Windows Media Player Classic, the middle mouse button does not work as a vertical scroll in my web browser (firefox), but instead shows a horizontal scroll but does not scroll the web pages. How can I fix this problem?

I hope that was clear.

Thnx

Relevancy 84.94%

I just bought new mouse from eBay. It's excellent and all that, but whenever I hold right mouse button and then press middle mouse button, my mouse locks down and unlocks only after I do that again. Is it possible to disable it?
All I know about my mouse is this:
2,4 ghz wireless optical mouse with mini usb
DC:3v 20mA

A:Mouse freezes on [Hold RMB + click middle mouse button]

I've never seen any other posts with that same problem so it may be intentionally built-in to that particular mouse to prevent others using your PC when you're away from it. Read it's instructions if you got any with it, it should tell you if it's got a built-in mouse lock, although that feature usually requires additional third-party mouse software to be installed to recognise when the appropriate buttons have been pressed.

If no instructions were supplied, go to it's manufacturer's website to see if it's mentioned there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-freezes-on-hold-rmb-click-middle-mouse-button-601047.html
Relevancy 83.39%

When I use the scroll in AOL I loose everything on the screen and cannot get it back. Any ideas? Have to sign off and sign back on. Using AOL 9.0 and logitech combination cordless mouse and keyboard.

A:logitech cordless mouse/AOL

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t198677/s2003a133027105b949c100b1c8c50bc9.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-cordless-mouse-aol.197749/
Relevancy 82.46%

Hello,

My mouse problem started on my old cordless mouse(Cordless Click! Optical Mouse).
And the problems are erratic mouse movement(would randomly move to any location on the screen), sluggish movement, right and left buttons would automatically engage without physical interaction.
I did every normal solution to fix the problem. Change batterys, plug the receiver in different USB ports, remove the SetPoint software and reinstalling it.
I even found a older software called MouseWare which I installed and didn't do diddly squat.
So I figured maybe its time for a new mouse.
I got new mouse(LX7 Cordless Optical Mouse) and the problem persisted with the same symptoms. But when I plug in an old corded logitech optical mouse everything works fine.

Computer Specs
Pentium(R) 4
CPU speed 2.60GHz
2.50 GB of RAM
If anything else is needed please ask.

A:Logitech cordless mouse(s) not working

initech---
did your cordless mouse ever work right to begin with???
have you placed or installed a cordless phone base or new TV close to your computer??
I have read where cordless phones, microwaves, and other appliances that broadcast or Emmit energy on the 2.4ghz wavelength can interfere with your cordless mouse signal to the receiver.
I'm not sure about new phones that transmit on the 5.8ghz wavelength.

the only thing I can say is remove anything around your computer that you think might be interfering
with the signal and see if it improves.
I only use corded mouse myself. I got tired of buying batteries for mine. seemed like I was
putting in new batteries at least once a week. I swear by the cord

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-cordless-mouse-s-not-working.709175/
Relevancy 82.46%

the mouse sometimes goes blank dont know where on the screen it is or lags or hesitates to respond to a click. however sometimes works fine.

A:eratic cordless logitech mouse

Try fresh batteries and see if you still have a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eratic-cordless-logitech-mouse.1009084/
Relevancy 82.46%

I have an HP dv7t-6b00 CTO laptop. It was recently purchased in Dec. 2011. I want to use my Logitech Cordless Mouse with the laptop but they are not talking to each other. I think it could be a driver issue unless they are not compatible. I have surfed the net for a solution under Windows7, Logitech, cordless mouse drivers, and several other sites to no avail. Can you help? If you give me the steps to make them compatible ( if they are), I can follow and install. Thanks!

A:Window7 and Logitech cordless mouse

I have a logitech mouse with my desktop. After you plug in your transmiter to the USB
keep the mouse close by and restart your computer.
Are the batterys in the correct plus and minus position ?
Are the batterys good ? It also has a reset button on the bottom. It after trying many times
and it still won't work, than take it back to the store. I have had problems to get them
to start working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window7-and-logitech-cordless-mouse.1033917/
Relevancy 82.46%

hey, I have a sony vaio laptop, and I have been trying to get my logitech cordless optical mouse to work, but I can't seem to find any solution so far. I plugged the mouse in, and I was able to install it successfully, but it won't respond. I checked my mouse batteries and they were good, I am not sure what else to do...Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Relevancy 82.46%

Hey all I just Logitech wireless mouse left - button crazy mouse installed Windows earlier today The install went fine until right near the end I had to click 'next' to a question which I had already done a few times but this time the tab was not responding I tried again and again then finally just hovered over the tab and pressed enter on my keyboard which did the trick Now that the OS is up and running everything is working fine but I just have one problem My left mouse button is doubling up as a 'back' button So if I am in a folder and want to double click a new folder or even if I just left click on empty space it will take me backwards Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button one folder A nightmare in internet explorer aswell For the time being Ive switched the two buttons around so I have an action button but no right click on the left mouse button now anymore Ive tried installing the original drivers and in compatibility for Vista but nothing seems to fix the problem Anybody have any suggestions Id be real grateful to hear them Cheers Oh and the mouse is a Logitech LX wireless Thanks Mikes

A:Logitech wireless mouse - crazy left mouse button

Have you tried the mouse on a different machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27993-logitech-wireless-mouse-crazy-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 81.53%

I tried installing above new Cordless mouse using PS/2 mouse port (where my old mouse plugged into). Didn't work.
Then tried # 1 USB port - SUCCESS ! Tried # 2 USB port but again didn't work.

I would like the new mouse to operate from the PS/2 port to free up my USB port for other devices such as Scanner & camera.

Anybody any suggestions on what I should try ? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-logitech-cordless-wheel-mouse.43746/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi Chaps Have reformatted an Evesham pc running Windows se after a series of problems but have one problem outstanding The cordless keyboard and mouse are and drivers keyboard cordless mouse logitech Logitech Itouch and Mouseman respectively but have no drivers I have a drivers disk for everything else and have loaded these successfully but I guess the Logitech devices were an add on at some stage and the drivers disk has gone missing The problem is getting them to recognise anything I have loaded down drivers onto my desktop that I think are correct from the Logitech website and executed the file which then puts logitech cordless mouse and keyboard drivers the drivers in place but everytime I try to point the quot USB Receiver device quot in Device Manager at a file path or to try and reinstall drivers I am continually asked to either load a Logitech Control devices driver disk or Windows disk Whatever I load it cannot find different Sys files The only way I can do anything is to have another mouse plugged into the usual mouse port The cordless mouse and keyboard are plugged into logitech cordless mouse and keyboard drivers the USB ports I have tried turning pc off and plugging in and then turning on pc but I just get mouse not detected until I plug in the corded mouse and reboot again Is there a separate driver for the Receiver device I am sure there must be a simple solution but at the moment I feel like a man with no arms dead nbsp

A:logitech cordless mouse and keyboard drivers

This might be an issue with Win98. Try installing WinXP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-cordless-mouse-and-keyboard-drivers.38581/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi, I recently brought a cordless logitech mediaplay USB mouse, at first it was working OK when i plugged it in but since installing the additional software I have no function what so ever. Batteries are fine, mouse is close enough to USB receiver, the set point software recognises the mouse being there and can tell me that the battery is good. Any thoughts? thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-mediaplay-cordless-usb-mouse-problem.52293/
Relevancy 81.53%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with 2 USB ports in the back. I bought a Logitech Cordless Mouse (USB) which worked fine until a few days ago. Under Hardware Devices, Mouse, it shows the HID mouse driver (which is the USB Logitech mouse) and it shows a PS/2 mouse driver (which is strange since I do not have a PS/2 port anywhere on my laptop). I can uninstall the USB driver and it'll go away. But when I uninstall the PS/2 driver, it says "You'll need to restart your computer for this to take effect". So I restart my computer and it'll say it again after rebooting. So I reboot it again and nothing. The driver is still there under Hardware Devices.

Also, when I click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon (at the bottom right side of the taskbar) other removable devices show up, but not my mouse.

Help!

A:Logitech Cordless Mouse USB Port Not Recognized

A mouse should not show up under removeable devices.

That is for storage devices, to allow you to "stop" them before removeal, to ensure all files are written to them first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-cordless-mouse-usb-port-not-recognized.362300/
Relevancy 81.53%

Now this might sound like an odd question but was considering getting this mouse (Logitech G7 Cordless Laser Mouse Usb) as i read in a review that it works on glass and having a glass desk this would be an obvious advantage over having to use a mouse mat with my infa-red Microsoft mouse if any one knows where laser mice in general or this one in particular will work on glass or does it depends on how clean the glass is and the dpi of mouse thank in advance as i already know you guys will be a great help as always

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g7-cordless-laser-mouse-usb-question.450353/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi. I am using the Logitech Cordless Duo with the latest software update and the problem I been having lately is that when I start my machine the mouse doesn't respond. I have to manually restart the PC to get the mouse to work. It doesn't always happen, but it does happen a lot. I have no problem with the cordless keyboard it always works. The mouse's batteries are fully charged too. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and might know of a fix. I wrote to Logitech and they suggested that I have a second mouse connected. Thanks.

A:Logitech Cordless mouse not responding on startup?

is the receiver close to speakers,try resetting it,try putting the plug in another usb slot,reinstall the software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/logitech-cordless-mouse-not-responding-on-startup-44366.html
Relevancy 81.53%

My mouse went haywire on me today. Just started jumping around. I changed batteries & it quit, but now it is working BACKWARDS! Up is down & left is right etc. The scroll button is working alright. I reinstalled it, etc. Any ideas??? Help!

Thanks! Lisa

Relevancy 81.53%

I own a cordless Cursor Logitech Cordless Flakey Has Mouse Logitech laser mouse Logitech has the stupid policy of not putting the model number Logitech Cordless Mouse Has Flakey Cursor on the mouse anywhere Why Logitech Cordless Mouse Has Flakey Cursor is this I wonder It does say around a small censor on the bottom Performance Laser and the numbers nm I have no idea what all that signifies Anyway recently the mouse has been acting erratically Especially the cursor I lose it or it jumps around with a seeming mind of its own I have replaced the batteries several times I have blown inside the battery chamber I have turned the batteries to see if the connection is weak The green light on the underside of the mouse isn t always on Perhaps this is the way it is supposed to be because when the mouse is idle I look and the light isn t on until I rub the battery on the mouse pad Since it isn t the batteries and the batteries seem to connect ok inside the chamber what could be causing the erratic behavior If you think the the mouse itself is dying or is faulty I ll just have to replace it What s the story Can anyone help me Steve nbsp

Relevancy 81.53%

Can the Logitech VX Revolution Cordless laser mouse be used with a desktop? if not, what would be a comparable mouse?

A:Logitech VX Revolution Cordless laser mouse

Hey,

Yes it can be used with a desktop.

Nick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-vx-revolution-cordless-laser-mouse.573854/
Relevancy 81.53%

I have discovered an interesting problem. A Coca Cola night light(Liquid, filled with glitter, sort of a lava lamp effect.)plugged into the same outlet as computer, when turned on interferes with cordless mouse. My mouse seemed to, for no reason, began to work intermittently, the pointer skipping around the screen sometimes not moving at all. Tried many things, nothing helped, until I turned off night light, problem solved. Logitech LX7 Cordless Optical Mouse. FYI

A:Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse Interference

Hi, that is a strange problem, but this could be the cause, u say that when connected in the same outlet with the pc, (right?) if u connect it in other, it doesnt do it? Ok may that lamp, has EMF that go through the electric cables, which then affect the whole pc and not only the mouse?try connecting a ups or any stabilizer to the Pc, and connect it again.
If it fails, then throw it out of the window or into the bin.

Cheers
Robin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-cordless-optical-mouse-interference.94484/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hey guys,

I got this mouse for Chrsitmas and love it. However about 2 weeks ago it started acting up. Basically it freezes for like 10-15 sec every couple minutes. I plugged another mouse in my USB port just to make sure it wasn't bad and it worked fine. I cleaned the batteries just to make sure there wasn't any connection problems. I have updated drivers, no spyware or viruses.
No idea what is wrong, aside from a hardware problem.

A:Problem with Logitech G7 Cordless Gaming Mouse

Have you tried another set of batteries?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-logitech-g7-cordless-gaming-mouse.813716/
Relevancy 81.53%

Yesterday, I read a column by Craig Crossman about the new Logitech cordless mouse.

The second paragraph of the article states (in part): "...The cordless mouse uses the 2.4-gigahertz frequency unlike conventional wireless mice. This gives the V400 a more consistent 30-foot range with less interference..."

That confuses me because I thought 2.4 GHz things (e.g., telephones) were to be avoided because they interfere with wireless networks, most, (if not all) of which run on 2.4 GHz.

Since this mouse is meant to be used with notebooks, and most notebooks have wireless capabilities, how can the mouse's using the 2.4-gigahertz frequency be advantageous and not problematic?

Thank you.

Relevancy 110.51%

Ok here's the thing. I bought the wirless mouse sometime last year, and I've never had any problems with it. Untill recently, it just basically stopped working all together. At first I thought the batteries just needed changed so I did that and like the light wouldn't come on at all on the mouse and the curosr on the screen wouldn't move either . So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it...still nothing. Now I have to use a gay mouse and it's really annoying. What could be wrong with my mouse all of a sudden?Oh and I have Windows XP.

Relevancy 105.78%

I use a program that requires me to middle mouse click and sometimes holding the middle mouse button and clicking with the right one...

but it keeps coming up with a windows 7 open programs scrolling option in the middle of my screen... could someone advise me on how to remove it please.

A:Middle Mouse Button

Can you tell us what program you mean also what mouse do you have and have you installed the drivers for the particular mouse you have.

Depending on what you have you probably have options to set how the buttons and wheel work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34877-middle-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 104.49%

Hi I bought HP Pro x2 612 G1 ... original stylus doesnt have 3rd ("middle mouse") button ..but i need it for my work with Maya.. I also bought stylus Wacom UP-817E - PEN FOR PL-900 which is compatible..but 3rd ("middle mouse") button doesnt work ..driver have no option for this.. is there any solution? i already write mail to wacom but they dont help me. thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/3rd-quot-middle-mouse-quot-button-not-working-with-HP-Pro-x2/td-p/5620595
Relevancy 104.49%

It just isn't. Its a HP optical mouse but I've noticed that if I try another mouse i have from compaq it still doesn't work. I dunno what kind of information you need, hope you can help me.

A:Middle Mouse Button not working

nevermind... mouse3 is working for the other mouse... but still... optical is so much more fun... is it possible that its the mouse thats broken?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/middle-mouse-button-not-working.168419/
Relevancy 104.49%

I'm used to highlighting a sting and copying it with the middle mouse button. I notice this doesn't work with W7. Don't know if this ever worked with Windows. At any rate, does anyone know how to enable this feature?

My mouse is a LogicTech MX500.

Thanks,
Burt

A:Middle Mouse Button Copy

Hello Burt, and welcome to Seven Forums.

After you double click on your mouse's SetPoint settings icon in the taskbar notification area, you can select to have the middle button to use the Copy option.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94042-middle-mouse-button-copy.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hey there. Recently I reinstalled the Sims 2 and many expansion packs on my computer. I have HP Pavilion Entertainment PC with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit operating system. I connected the mouse I had bought and realized it wasn't working. The middle mouse button works fine outside of the sims 2 games. But when I get to the neighborhood and even the houses, I can't use it at all. It's like it just shuts off. The rest of the mouse works perfectly fine. I've read some things about Logitech mouses doing this but mine is an HP Compfort mouse so I can't do what they say to fix it. I've tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions? If I've left anything out I'll answer your questions.

A:Middle mouse button not working in Sims 2

You should try updating your drivers.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/282475-middle-mouse-button-not-working-sims-2-a.html
Relevancy 103.63%

When I play Far Cry 3 and try to aim or throw explosives, my field of view/crosshair to the left and down. Holding shift and clicking makes the crosshair move less... I tried installing the latest driver for my mouse, my graphics card but nothing changed. I don't know what could possibly be the reason for this. I would appreciate help very much.

A:Middle/Right mouse button click moves FOV in Far Cry 3

Why would there even be this forum if not a single one replies to anything?

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/37696-middle-right-mouse-button-click-moves-fov-far-cry-3-a.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the default setting for the middle mouse button click in Firefox. When clicking on a link, rather than have it open the window in a new tab I'd like to set it to open in a new browser window. Is this possible? I'm using the latest version of firefox, fully patched on xp pro sp2. Thanks!

A:Customize middle mouse button click

In your address bar type - about:config

In the filter bar type - middle

Now from the few entries left locate - browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick and double click the line to toggle the value from true to false.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/customize-middle-mouse-button-click-97942.html
Relevancy 103.63%

As in title. In browser, middle mouse button opens link in new tab, but instead of one, it opens two of them, just like i would click the button twice. I'm using opera and a razer mouse. Fresh windows 7 install.

A:Middle mouse button double clicks

Have you been able to get this figured out yet?

1. Check the Mouse settings in Control Panel.
2. Is there any software that came with the Razer mouse? If there is, install or re-install that, and check the settings.
3. Re-install the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/168828-middle-mouse-button-double-clicks.html
Relevancy 103.63%

I have a Dell Laptop and on Windows 7. How do I activate or find my middle mouth button? I have been into the 'Buttons' tab in the 'Mouse' option in the Control Panel. I cannot access my mouse from the 'Devices and Printers' as it is a laptop.

Any help?
-KTG

A:How Do I Find A Middle Mouse Button on a Laptop?

Hello KTG and welcome to Seven Forums.

I think a lot will depend on your touchpad software. If you have a Synaptics touchpad you could probably create a tap zone on the touchpad itself that will function as a middle click. Or you could use an AutoHotkey script to do a middle click when the left and right touchpad buttons are clicked at the same time. This article gives more info.

Helpful Tip: Middle-Click on a Touchpad Laptop Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/270330-how-do-i-find-middle-mouse-button-laptop.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Basically.
I have a new mouse.
The middle button will only scross and tilt.
And wont press.
Like in games where you can move the screen.
And on Internet Explorer where you can click the wheel in and make a new tab appear, or delete one.
It's just really annoying having to do things the long way. Hope you can help.
Thanks.

Relevancy 103.63%

With my old computer and mouse I used to be able to use the middle button for various tasks susch as opening a link in another tab rotating button middle Solved: with mouse problem the camera in games etc and i have got very used to this I recently purchased a Dell XPS One and am using the mouse which came with it which according to Device Manager is the Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse I am running Vista Home Premium Solved: problem with middle mouse button x and i am unable to use the middle button for this Instead in firefox it is a sort of zoom function Yesterday it started working - i don t know why - but today it has Solved: problem with middle mouse button failed again and is back to the zoom function If i hold down the CTRL button and left click this is the same as middle button should be so is there any way i can swap these functions around I don t know if this is a problem with the mouse or with vista or with me not finding some setting If it helps my mouse driver is version which i think is up to date nbsp

Relevancy 103.63%

I dont know whether this post belongs in hardware or software section but here goes...

When I use the laptop, the most I miss is the middle mouse button. The one which makes me open webpages in a new tabs while using firefox in a jiffy. Is there anyway I can get that function in a laptop? Some program which can sense some combination of keystrokes as the middle button Eg: Ctrl+Left button on the touchpad?

(I do have a USB mouse which I do connect to the laptop at home, but at work it is a pain without it.)

Any ideas?

A:Middle mouse button functionality in a laptop

I searched a lot for the answer to this problem and at last I figured it out.

You have the middle mouse button and more in your laptop. You must have to unlock all of these features. Go to control panel and then select mouse. Here go to the last option on the left "device settings". Then inside the device settings you will see "settings". Now explore all the options and you will see that you can do so many things with your touchpad including th middle mouse function

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/middle-mouse-button-functionality-in-a-laptop.725736/
Relevancy 103.63%

Hey guys, I'm using the latest Firefox on Windows 8 and my USB mouse is having problems with its right click function. When I right click it thinks I'm pressing the middle mouse button so when I right click my tabbed windows it closes them.

How can I disable the middle mouse button?

Thanks!

A:Firefox: How to disable middle mouse button?

I assume you have a 3 button mouse. That mouse should of came with software that allows you to assign the buttons. I would check into the settings and verify what they are set at.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-how-to-disable-middle-mouse-button.1148278/
Relevancy 102.34%

I?ve added a middle-mouse functionality to a toolbar button. How do I make the button look active (?pushed? - as it does on a left-mouse click) on a middle-mouse click?
Thanks

A:[SOLVED] A toolbar button and a middle-mouse click

Have you tried setting it up on the control panel/mouse ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-a-toolbar-button-and-a-middle-mouse-click-606239.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I use win2000 pro.When I use my mouse middle button in internet explorer, windows is crashing and freeze.I use explorer 6 and I can not find any solution.I use mozilla firefox and I haven't got any problem with the mouse middle button.I think this is a explorer's bug.Anyone can idea about the solution for this problem.Thank you very muchfor your help.

A:mouse middle button crash internet explorer

Change your options in internet explorer, presing the midle buton could trigger an unfisible task, or just use firefox :D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/mouse-middle-button-crash-internet-explorer-135353.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Is there a way to stop the middle mouse button i e click of from stop button cortana/search middle opening mouse the scroll wheel from opening Cortana search Things I've tried Searched Google No useful results The closest I found was that Windows may be confusing the click of the middle mouse button as the -finger tap on the touchpad - which opens Cortana search by the default But I don't have a touch pad I have the Toshiba PX stop middle mouse button from opening cortana/search T Toshiba Qosmio PX t inch Touchscreen All-in-One PC - Black Silver Intel Core i M GHz Processor GB RAM TB HDD DVDSM DL LAN WLAN BT Webcam Integrated Graphics Windows -Bit Amazon co uk Computers Accessories Tried re-configuring the middle mouse button in a Windows Settings gt Devices gt Mouse amp touchpad b Control Panel gt Mouse and c my desktop's manufacturer's System Settings utility application upgraded just now from their website Interestingly none of those three configuration tools had any control setting for the middle mouse button It is obvious that Windows doesn't quot fully quot support the wireless mouse that comes with my PC My question then is Is there a way to quot unbind quot the middle mouse button from opening Cortana search For example via the Registry Editor - maybe Thanks for any replies

A:stop middle mouse button from opening cortana/search

Originally Posted by kuertee

Is there a way to stop the middle mouse button (i.e. click of the scroll wheel) from opening Cortana/search?

Things I've tried:

1. Searched Google. No useful results. The closest I found was that Windows 10 may be confusing the click of the middle mouse button as the 3-finger tap on the touchpad - which opens Cortana/search by the default. But I don't have a touch pad. I have the Toshiba PX30T (Toshiba Qosmio PX30t 23 inch Touchscreen All-in-One PC - Black/Silver (Intel Core i3 3120M 2.5GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-Bit): Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories).

2. Tried re-configuring the middle mouse button in (a) Windows 10 Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad, (b) Control Panel > Mouse, and (c) my desktop's manufacturer's System Settings utility application (upgraded just now from their website). Interestingly, none of those three configuration tools had any control setting for the middle mouse button.

It is obvious that Windows 10 doesn't "fully" support the wireless mouse that comes with my PC.

My question then is...

Is there a way to "unbind" the middle mouse button from opening Cortana/search? For example, via the Registry Editor - maybe?

Thanks for any replies!

Hi kuertee, welcome to tenforums.com!

What's the model of the mouse?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35869-stop-middle-mouse-button-opening-cortana-search.html
Relevancy 101.05%
A:my middle mouse wheel - the button click on it doesn't work!

it looks like a mouse issue, try with another mouse to see if the problem persist!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-middle-mouse-wheel-the-button-click-on-it-doesnt-work.1007971/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi all I ask for any pointers to start looking at this if you can This week after some MS work mouse doesn't this week after updates Middle some button updates from MS in my W OS I noticed that clicking the middle button is not working at all Normally in a browser you can open in a new tab or close a tab etc I have a Microsoft Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week wireless mobile mouse Whet I get this mouse and connected for the first time windows at the time some driver was installed and also quot Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center quot was downloaded and installed Everything worked fine I upgrade to W and no problem with this until earlier this week Testing the options in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center none of them works when I click the Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week middle button I just download and installed the version from the site Installed in a regular fashion and in compatible mode for W can you believe this is not for w The scroll function works fine even the Flip scrolling direction Later I went to a DELL desktop W and I tried the MS mouse there and works fine Maybe I have to quot tell quot W to forget his is a MS mouse and to have the default driver If such how Also I tried the mouse from that desktop here in windows and works fine dell mouse without installing anything myself Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week Any ideas are welcome and appreciated Best regards and thanks for your time

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37710-middle-mouse-button-doesnt-work-after-some-ms-updates-week.html
Relevancy 100.19%

i had a system crash the other day could not open windows in normal mode only had safe mode. i had to disable alot of services to make windows run in normal mode again. after i got normal mode running i tried to turn my antivirus back on to find out it was the reason windows was not running. anyways old antivirus removed new one installed and now when im on my browser i used to be able to open links in new tabs by clicking on them with the middle mouse button however this does not work anymore. is there a setting somewhere i need to re-enable to make this work again?

A:[SOLVED] middle mouse button wont open new links anymore.

Quote:

i had to disable alot of services to make windows run

Well, I would start with Enabling any services you disabled. You can try and download a driver for the mouse.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-middle-mouse-button-wont-open-new-links-anymore-665981.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I have set my one-touch search button on my Logitech MX620 mouse to open Google when pressed. I now want to alter that to open Bing, but the Logitech Mouse and Keyboard Settings item does not allow that (it only shows Yahoo, Live.com and AOL Search as options). Is there any way I can get round this and open Bing from the One-Touch search button on my mouse instead of Google?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-touch-search-button-on-logitech-mouse.1069313/
Relevancy 98.9%

Dunno when it happened, months ago, but on my win7 64b folders my middle mouse button and the arrow at the end of the Scrollbar doesn't scroll to the right when in list mode.

In Details View, Large Icons View, etc the scrolling works up/down properly, only in List View which is left/right it only scrolls to the left using the mouse or by clicking on the left arrow on the scrollbar. So the only way i have to scroll to the right in a folder on list view is to either navigate the files or use the bar on the scrollbar.

This is super annoying since my preferred view is list.

If anybody knows of a fix please share.

Thanks

A:Mouse Middle Button and scrollbar doesn't scroll Folders on List view

Well have you installed any sort of explorer tweak or shell in the past that might have interfered with the default behavior?
Else you should try some registry fixers because it seems like this is either an issue with your register or with the "explorer.exe" application.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/255962-mouse-middle-button-scrollbar-doesnt-scroll-folders-list-view.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Its a Logitech wireless optical mouse I ve pushed the reset button on the bottom tried restarting my computer and tried mouse...left working Logitech button wireless stops using the troubleshooting feature that came with the mouse itself Starting today the left button stopped working The right button works fine The batteries are new The scroll wheel works fine The pointer works fine I tried it again and suddenly it Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working was working then the next time I went to click on something it stopped again I just got it for christmas what could be wrong The only thing I can possibly think of is that my month old had it in his hand last week banging on the keyboard with it Maybe he broke it a little bit and thats why its giving me trouble now Unless anyone knows what I can do to try and get it working then I think i ll have to buy a new one So help me if you can If not no worries I still have the mouse that came with my computer and I can get along with that until i get a new one nbsp

A:Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working

I suspect you'll be buying a new one. It's probably the switch in the mouse, I've had those switches go on mice a number of times. Let's see, I've had 4-5 of them go in 50,000 posts, so you were due for a failure with 16,000!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-left-button-stops-working.569459/
Relevancy 97.18%

I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse and I use the wheel button for Universal Scroll. I installed Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive (clean install) about 8 months ago and it worked fine with the built-in drivers. I turned my system on last night and Windows 10 no longer sees the wheel button, the wheel scroll works fine.. I downloaded and installed the latest Logitech SetPoint Software and configured the wheel button but Windows 10 still does not recognize it.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55904-logitech-m310-mouse-wheel-button-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi,
my mouse cursor- an optical usb - is stuck in the middle of the screen. The mouse works, as I can still scroll on a webpage with it, and click on icons, but the cursor won't budge. I've also tried a PS-2 mouse, same issue, and have tested every USB port and all work fine so it is NOT a hardware issue that I can see. I've tried rebooting and doing a system restore, and I have the same issue in safe mode. When I go to device manager, it rcognizes the device and says everything is working properly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, nothing. Everything else seems to be fine on my PC. Any help will be most appreciated, thank you!

Windows home vista

A:Mouse cursor stuck in middle of screen, but mouse works

Is this a laptop or a desktop? What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals look for Legacy USB or USB mouse, if it is disabled, using the arrow key, Enable it. Save and Exit.
Go to the computer manufacturers support/download drivers site. type in your make and model # and download the Chipset driver (for USB Support)
Also, go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing or corrupted system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-cursor-stuck-in-middle-of-screen-but-mouse-works-754321.html
Relevancy 92.88%

My set point software crashed and needed to be re-installed. After I did this,(and installed UberOptions) my mouse is acting up. Actually it's getting worse by the hour. The thumbwheel scroll skips: i.e. will stop scrolling and a few seconds later, play catch-up. My pointer will stay as an "I" beam rather than a finger over links. I have to click twice to re-position cursor.

Also, strange thing: my keyboard (wired Saitek) is typing very slow.

Any thought's, comments, suggestions?

...screamer

EDIT: I un-installed UberOptions and this seem much better. Thumbwheel still plays catch-up, but I guess I'll have to live w/ it.

A:Logitech MX Revolution mouse issue

Just saw this issue a week ago...follow this link http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3757

Even if you reinstalled Setpoint, uninstall and reinstall again. Should fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mx-revolution-mouse-issue.574968/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi guys I'm usually here helping others with solutions but now I have a problem and completely stumped on M325 issue. Mouse Logitech finding a solution I have a Logitech m mouse and it has been reliable for years on multiple PCs but now I have a problem that is annoying I've Logitech M325 Mouse issue. used this mouse on an ASUS M A FX PRO R which I still use it on and works great My wife has an ASUS M A X EVO R and it works great and my buddy has an ASUS M A R and no problems there Now here's where I'm stumped I bought another ASUS M A R for business use and I'm having troubles with my mouse on it When plugged into the rear USB ports the mouse seems laggy freezes for a brief second and jumps around It don't happen all the time Logitech M325 Mouse issue. but happens about Logitech M325 Mouse issue. of the time If I plug the receiver in a port on the front no issues I decided to test the rear ports with a wired optical mouse and a ball mouse Both USB and guess what all ports work properly and I have no issues with a wired mouse I also plugged in a mouse receiver that is logitech and it's for a keyboard and mouse combo No issues with the mouse with all USB ports Just as a note that I've had no issues with keyboards flash drives or external hard drives Can anyone tell me why my m mouse is being picky with this particular system and not with the other systems Any help would be appreciated System Specs Problem System ASUS M A R AMD FX GB Gskill Ripjaws Memory W Thermaltake TR PSU GeForce GTX PNY GB TB Seagate HDD Lite on DVD Writer Windows Pro Other systems no problems My Build ASUS M A FX PRO R AMD FX GT GB Gskill Ripjaws X W Ultra X PSU TB WD Blue HDD ASUS DVD Writer Windows Pro My Wife's Build ASUS M A X EVO R AND FX GT GB Gskill Ripjaws X W Thermaltake PSU TB WD Blue HDD ASUS DVD Writer Windows Pro My buddy's build ASUS M A R AMD Phenom II X T GT GB Gskill Ripjaws X W Raptor PSU TB WD Green HDD Windows Pro

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/65853-logitech-m325-mouse-issue.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Greetings,

I do not know why or how, but my mouse's middle button changed the way it opens the current opened windows:
instead of opening in an all screen pane, with all the windows which are opened disposed along the pane, it shows the "alt+tab" system.
I would like to know how do i get the all screen pane again, i like it a lot more.
I hope i've been clear enough.
Can someone assist me? Thanks.

A:Mouse Middle Button changed it's "show open windows" function

Hello Tomas, and welcome to Seven Forums.

What is the brand and model of your mouse? If we know which one you have, then someone with the same one will be able to help better.

For now, click on the Mouse icon in the Control Panel (icons view) to see if you may have a Settings type tab like in the screenshot below. This will vary depening on what brand you have, and if you installed the mouse's drivers/software.
I have a Logitech mouse, so I get this when I click on my SetPoint Settings tab. From here, I can change what the middle button function will be. This is brand specific though.
Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198310-mouse-middle-button-changed-its-show-open-windows-function.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I recently had a faulty G500 mouse and was able to get a new one from Logitech at no charge. The new one worked great until one day it started tracking oddly. The mouse tracks very irregularly sometime moving at a snails pace and then seeming to jump around. It doesn't move much at all if I don't set its sensitivity to max. All in all this mouse is unusable for anything from games to selecting desktop icons. What should I do to return it to is original fully functioning self?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tracking-issue-with-g500-logitech-mouse.1090704/
Relevancy 91.59%

This morning I had to deal with a malware issue and I Mouse G9X Logitech issue Scrolling Solved: think I finally got everything sorted out However once that was fixed I discovered that my mousewheel will no longer scroll lines in various programs Firefox Outlook etc I noticed that if I press and hold the middle mouse button that scrolling KIND OF works but it s not Solved: Logitech G9X Mouse Scrolling issue great What I did was I downloaded and installed updated software from Logitech but that didn t help In fact I can t see any settings anywhere to configure the behavior of the scroll wheel except for determining if it scrolls lines or pages and how many lines Anyone have insight into this issue BTW one thing I discovered was that if I go into Control Panel Device Manager and look at my mouse drivers there are two entries -- one for a Logitech driver and one for a Microsoft driver I disabled the Microsoft driver but that didn t seem to do anything at all nbsp

A:Solved: Logitech G9X Mouse Scrolling issue

Further update... Everything SEEMED to be working ok for a bit, then while in the middle of playing a game, both my logitech mouse and keyboard stopped functioning. Keyboard went nuts flashing lights on and off. Mouse also would power down then up then down almost like morse code but it would not respond.

It also happened while I booted to look at the BIOS. But oddly, now that I'm running in safe mode, both mouse and keyboard look fine. I'm still at a loss of what to do atm and need help. If it were just the mouse, I would say that I need a new mouse. I next guessed that it was the USB ports on my PC or power or something like that. But the fact that everything seems to work in safe mode suggests maybe I still have some other issue maybe related to the malware problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-logitech-g9x-mouse-scrolling-issue.1123457/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I m using Windows Vista Ultimate -bit and both my Logitech mouse and keyboard special buttons forward back zoom etc no longer work with Firefox using latest version I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox which didn t do anything Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Keyboard with Firefox Issue & Logitech Mouse the Logitech Setpoint software latest version That worked for a day and then suddenly stopped working again maybe after I restarted I can t recall I ve Logitech Mouse & Keyboard Issue with Firefox called Logitech Support which told me they don t support Firefox and that since they haven t had any calls from anyone else on this issue today that it is quot definitely quot my system that is the problem not their software The Setpoint software shows all the buttons correctly assigned but they don t function in Firefox They do however function in all my other programs I ve even tried assigning ALT Right and ALT Left to the back and forward buttons as some forums have suggested and while Setpoint recognizes these entries Firefox does not Thanks to anyone who might be able to help Edit My keyboard is the DiNovo Edge my mouse is the MX Laser Cordless Mouse nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-keyboard-issue-with-firefox.691011/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I m really hoping someone here can help me My logitech corded optical mouse was working pretty well but it was a little slow so I decided to switch it out with a microsoft comfort optical mouse I XP, freeze! microsoft Mouse to from logitech switched mouse have another machine and both mice seem Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse to work perfectly there But on Mouse freeze! XP, switched from logitech to microsoft mouse my main machine they both lock up after a few minutes and the only thing that fixes it is rebooting I was highly suspecting it was a conflict between logitech and microsoft software at first I tried this http support microsoft com kb several times to clear the registry and start fresh But each time I ended up having to use system restore after I can clear everything out and then the USB hub is detected when I reboot but the mouse is not I check device manager and it says it has an HID compliant mouse and the mouse lights up like it has power but won t move at all Does anyone have any ideas Is there any more information I could give that would be helpful to troubleshoot Thanks so much Airmide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freeze-xp-switched-from-logitech-to-microsoft-mouse.660795/
Relevancy 89.87%

I recently purchased a Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse to use with my Qosmio, which is updated to Windows 10. However, I have found the mouse lags constantly. I uninstalled/reinstalled the bluetooth software but it does not fix the problem. I tried the mouse on another laptop (Portege R830) and operation is perfect. The Portege is also updated to Windows 10 so something is not right with the bluetooth on the Qosmio.

Current bluetooth driver installed is 18.1.1525.1445, dated June 2015 and is the version installed when you update the device driver in device manager. I could not find an Intel bluetooth driver on the Toshiba website for my latptop, in fact all I could find were packages for Realtek and Atheros devices.

Any ideas?

A:Qosmio X870-119 Bluetooth issue with Logitech M557 mouse

Try disabling wifi and using ethernet cable, with alot of intel BT controllers they are also controlled by the wifi card. If this solved the issue you may need to update your WLAN Drivers (However none are available for Windows 10 OS yet)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84896-Qosmio-X870-119-Bluetooth-issue-with-Logitech-M557-mouse
Relevancy 87.72%

Sorry I can't find if this issue has been posted, We have a Compaq laptop running Vista Home Premium. All was well until this morning when we went to use the computer the buttons for the mouse won't click on anything. If we get a window to open and click either mouse button all that comes up is a double scroll icon thingy. We have looked at the mouse settings and found nothing. Does anyone know what we did and how to fix it? Thanks for your help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/181510-laptop-mouse-button-issue.html
Relevancy 87.72%

How do I disable the blue 'mouse' button in the middle of my keyboard? I never use it, intentionally, however, when I type a 'b', sometimes my text position moves. Since the 'b' is adjacent to the button, I figure I must be touching it inadvertently. So, I would like to disable it. Thanks.

A:Dell mouse button issue

i'd imagine it's somewhere in the setup menu when you installed it...try looking in control panel under "keyboard". there's probably an option for it there if it's possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-mouse-button-issue.615359/
Relevancy 87.72%

When I'm on-line the left mouse button won't work, although it works fine when I'm off-line. When on-lin, in order to acces a link or open a file, I have to use the right button, and then select "open" from the menu. I also can't check boxes or select options in online forms... This just started happening recently, I've restored the system back as far as possible, but that didn't help. I've also had the hardware and software ,(ie The mouse) cleared, so those aren't the issue either. Maybe the registry?...

A:Left Mouse-button Issue

Hi 516John,

I'll assume by "online" you mean while using a browser, such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox - please correct me if this is not what you mean.

When you say you've "cleared" the hardware and software, do you mean you've tried using the mouse with different browsers or different computers and the left-click works fine?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80301-left-mouse-button-issue.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 86%

Hi all I with Issue button mouse double left click of am sure you all have one point in time faced this issue but lately I am having serious problem with my left mouse button click Whenever I click on anything its automatically double clicks it like I am selecting a file and instead it opens it or im dragging file and it makes it difficult to drag it or opens it instead now its got to a point that its irritating i simply have to about - times where only Issue with double click of left mouse button it needs to be clicked once I have changed the setting in the mouse options in the control panel as well as have tried cleaning the mouse multiple time but its still Issue with double click of left mouse button the same I do have a Logitech touchpad that I am using to avoid this issue at the moment I do have setpoint from Logitech installed and please dont ask me to uninstall and reinstall setpoint as last time around it gave me nightmares just to get it uninstalled and reinstall it after hours of googling the reinstall issue with me any idea what can be the problem

A:Issue with double click of left mouse button

It happens. My 2 G500's both started this problem after a while. Try on another computer and if it does it there too then you need to get it fixed with warranty/ or take to a repair person if you have such shops in Pakistan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373861-issue-double-click-left-mouse-button.html
Relevancy 85.57%

This is going to sound really pathetic folks but having had to clean out a load of dust and dirt from my Logitech optical mouse I now find there is a small sprung object over The wheel is back OK and the mouse even works but there is a quot thingy quot over It is about inch long with a small hook at each end and a couple of loops in the middle When you use the wheel itself it just doesn t feel optical mouse Logitech mouse that Logitech mouse optical mouse it has the correct tension and therefore I am assuming that the small object should be attached to it in some way It did not spring off when I first opened the mouse and in fact I didn t notice it until I was re-assembling It just sat there in the bottom of the mouse on the right hand side Does anyone know of a diagram of the inside of an optical mouse showing where this object should be used I know it doesn t cost very much to buy a new one but it is a question of honour now finding out where it should be placed Know what I mean SS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-optical-mouse.672434/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,
I tried setting up a cordless mouse on a friends computer. She has winxp. The mouse is a labtec. Maybe it`s just the way I`m doing it.One thing I don`t think the mouse was charged up.There
are instuctions after you use the disk to install it. The only problem is how do you read them with no mouse? lol. (dumb question) Anyway I could sure use some help please. Thanks in advance. Have a great night.
Carol

Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Logitech Cordless Mouseman Optical mouse with a scroll wheel that makes the
screen move up or down in three, slow, jerky moves. Is there a way to change it to have
it move only one click up or down? I'm not sure of this, but I think it started when I went to
IE7.

A:Cordless Mouse

You should be able to go to your Control Panel and choose your Mouse, and then change the settings for it however you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cordless-mouse.660223/
Relevancy 85.14%

On both browsers, my right mouse button takes me back to the previous page on both IE and chrome. However my touchpad on the laptop is fine. Why is my external mouse doing this??

A:Mouse Issue - Right button takes me back a page on IE and Chrome

My touchpad works fine and so does another external mouse, but my Microsoft wireless mouse 3500 is not :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320333-mouse-issue-right-button-takes-me-back-page-ie-chrome.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I use a Logitech corless Click mouse. I have been reading at varoius forums that this could be the reason my screensaver won't work. I am running Vista Home Premium on a new Dell Inspiron531S.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cordless-mouse-and-screensaver.827833/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi
I'm looking for a cordless mouse and would appreciate any recommendations to buy, or models to stay away from.
(If it helps, I do a little photo editing, run WinXP on a PIII 700 system.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a laptop which I use at two locations. I am using a Logitech MX700 optical mouse and keyboard at one location. I would like to set up a second MX700 mouse and keyboard at my second location to work on this same laptop. Can this be done?

Relevancy 84.28%

My cordless mouse is getting tired. It does not work like it did before when clicking and dragging. I want to replace it. Can someone recommend the best brand to buy? My current wireless keyboard & mouse is Kensington, it uses a USB "stick". I will be going to Best Buy. I know they have Logitech and Microsoft. I want the combo set of wireless keyboard and mouse. Which is better, or somrthing else perhaps?

A:The best cordless mouse & keyboard

If you get a chance to try out the latest Mac Wireless bluetooth keyboard and magic mouse, you may find there are none better. I use them on PC's that I troubleshoot and repair.
RayDeez

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-best-cordless-mouse-keyboard.941270/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Pentium II Computer running Windows 98SE. I just purchased a "Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse" (with cord), but the company I got it from just announced a massive sale and I can return my mouse and get the "Logitech Cordless Click! Optical Mouse" for the same price, or I can buy the "Logitech Cordless Click! Plus Mouse" (also optical, but with many more buttons) for $10.00 more. I would welcome any of your opinions concerning this, or any of your experiences with these products. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 84.28%

I found a thread but in the process of joining tech support I lost it...I need assistance on making my microsoft cordless mouse work after changing the batteries....I tried to check in the hardware in control panel as suggested but can't find the device recognized...now I need to know how to replace the driver I guess??

A:Microsoft cordless mouse

Welcome to TSG!
If the batteries were dead, or out too long, the mouse will forget the channel it was using, and you just need to let them search again.
There should be a button on the transmitter (part connected to the PC) and another button on the Mouse (may be marked connect).
Press the button on the transmitter, then press the button on the mouse (you have 10-30 seconds to press the mouse button).
You might just need to press the button on the Mouse, so I'd try that first.

They will then scan the radio frequencies they use until they find each other and agree on what channel to use.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-cordless-mouse.834850/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,
I have a Super Mini RF cordless optical mouse DC 3 35mA. It installed fine on my laptop but I now want to run it on my pc. However, I cannot get it to work. I have check the batteries - they are fine. I have tried it in all the usb ports which work with other hardware. Please help Maz

A:cordless mouse probs

There must be a bluetooth device on the desk that is taking the signal from the mouse and not letting the PC get it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cordless-mouse-probs.704869/
Relevancy 84.28%

Every second boot-up my mouse requires re-associating with the base unit, that requires pressing a button on the front of the base unit then pressing a button underneath the mouse. The next boot up it might be fine but pretty soon I will have to do it all again.
What do you think is happening ???

A:cordless mouse de-association

Batteries OK?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cordless-mouse-de-association.398593/
Relevancy 84.28%

i think my m-rr67a is broken.

despite having replaced its batteries, it doesn't light up when i try to connect it to its rf receiver and it doesn't ever connect. furthermore, i'm getting zero help from logitech's forums. help?

the odd thing is, this whole set is actually brand new and has never been used; i won it many years ago from a logitech online contest. i never used it because i didn't like the notion of having to change its batteries (it has no charger base) and i honestly i didn't need it at the time. i really would like to get this thing working now that i'm building an htpc.

A:I think my cordless mouse is broken...

Leaving a computer component in a box for several years doesn't preserve it. It's brand new in the sense that it hasn't been opened or touched by human hands, but it's definitely old. If it doesn't power on, there's no troubleshooting to do. If you want a wireless mouse, buy a new one, and use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-my-cordless-mouse-is-broken.1064571/
Relevancy 84.28%

i already have a cordless optical mouse but am lookin to buy a cordless keyboard and mouse from Ebay and just not usin the mouse because my mouse at the mo is wikid and i was wonderin wud the signals between the two different things get mixed up n go all weird?

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a cordless mouse and for some reason it is acting strange. When I move the pointer and the stop it, it sometimes moves to the left or right of its own accord, can anyone please help
regards
Dojo

Relevancy 84.28%

I just bought a logitech cordless mouse/keyboard for my daughters dell inspiron 6000 notebook.

It has a Y cord, with a PS/2 connector for the mouse part, and a USB connector(with PS2 adapter) for the keyboard.

I took the adapter off of the USB and got the keyboard to work OK. But I cannot get the mouse to work. I could not find a PS/2 connector on the Inspiron to plug the mouse in, so I guess that is the problem.

How can I get the mouse to work if the notebook doesn't seem to have a PS2 mouse connection?

A:cordless mouse & Keyboard

Some of these combo's only need the USB to be connected for both to work. Did you press the connect buttons on both the keyboard/receiver and the mouse, usually a red or gray button on the bottom of each device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cordless-mouse-keyboard.513829/
Relevancy 84.28%

I have acordless mouse which normally works fine. This morning however, it suddenly stopped working, the pointer no longer moves about on the screen, and the buttons get no response at all. i have changed the batteries, and it is still not working. does anyone know what is going on? this was quite sudden - it was working fine one minute, and broken the next.
Any help much appreciated.

PS i have plugged in an old mouse with a wire, hence i can access this programme! that works fine.

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi All I ve recently switched from a corded mouse to a cordless mouse It is a five button programmable mouse I ve set the wheel which is clickable to be the quot middle button quot when Mouse and Firefox Cordless clicked When using Firefox I ve always used the middle button of my previous mouse to open tabs in new tabs This has always worked for the bookmarks too I would middle-click on a bookmark and it would open in a Cordless Mouse and Firefox new tab The box says quot Durabrand quot on it The Properties button says that the manufacturer is Microsoft It also says it is a quot PS compatible mouse quot It gave a selection of Cordless Mouse and Firefox options for the different buttons I chose some options for the other buttons and then chose quot middle button quot for the wheel click This is what it has now listed for the option for that wheel button And like I said it acts exactly like it it is supposed to as a middle button except for the bookmark links Now with this new mouse I can middle-click on any link within a webpage and that link will open in a new tab as always However when I middle-click on a bookmark it does nothing nothing at all Actually it acts as if the Cordless Mouse and Firefox bookmark list was not even there and it makes one of those quot scroll quot marks on the page so that you can scroll very fast hope that makes sense I can left click on the bookmark and it opens as usual in that existing tab I can right click on a bookmark and choose quot open in new tab quot and that works as usual By checking on the Firefox forums I found out that this has been known to happen if you use the software to program and customize buttons instead of using just the generic system default Windows drivers for the cordless mouse There was another guy on there that had had a similar problem We found out that if I click on the icon for the mouse down by the clock and choose quot exit quot the customizations will be turned off and it will then open the bookmarks in new tabs as it s supposed to That s as far as they were able to help me So as it is now I can either have customized buttons which is what I wanted and one of the reasons I bought this mouse OR I can be able to middle-click on a bookmark and have it open in a new tab which I do constantly when I am on the internet but NOT both I know that I can right click on a bookmark and choose quot open in a new tab quot but that is not as quick and convenient So I thought I would explain the problem here and see if anyone here has come up with a work around for this situation Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

When I try to install Labtec Mini Wireless Opti Mouse sw on my Toshiba laptop, I get a warning to uninstall MouseWare 9.42 (came with laptop) so there is no possible interference.

Without Labtec software the mouse does work if simply plugged in but I can't adjust its properties (it's too slow to my liking).

Labtec site has no answers and I was unable to locate a download of MouseWare 9.42 should it need to be re-installed ... my fear is that AccuPoint will stop working or not respond to adjustments.

When I tried to install MS IntelliPoint sw I got the same warning.

Since I would like to have both mouse and pointer operating and have the ability to adjust both as needed, any suggestions will be appreciated.

TIA

(WinXP pro)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accupoint-ii-vs-usb-cordless-mouse.257477/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi For what seems like for ever in various Windows OS I have always used a double click on a folder using the left hand mouse button However for some reason this action is no longer working To open a folder I have to right click on it and manually select open from the drop down menu This does not apply to desk top icons----they still respond to left clicking In addition I now find that I am unable to create a New Folder except when I am inside another folder For example if I wanted to create a folder titled reasons to like Windows I would not be able to do so unless I opened any other folder created the new one and then did a cut amp paste on the new one Now I Windows button no open mouse - longer left Can 10 using Issue folders know that Windows 10 Issue - Can no longer open folders using left mouse button what I have here are separate issues but they both appeared at round about the same time following a Win update Has anyone else had these or similar problems of late I would appear to me that some settings have been changed but where to go to fix them and how to do it is past my knowledge base For information I do get an error message when I try to open a file with a left click please see attached It is to do with file associations but again where di I look to sort it Regards

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157268.0.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I need drivers Cordless keyboard and mouse HP 5187URF.
mouse p/n 5188-1567 rev:1.2f
keyboard p/n 5188-1047 rev:1.2f

I tried to find drivers with Hp keyboardmouse driver updater, but it took only windows 2000's drivers of keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:need driver for Cordless mouse HP 5187URF

Here is the mouse drivers ... install in Vista compatability mode --==> here

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/26154-need-driver-cordless-mouse-hp-5187urf.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a benq cordless opt. mouse .... the problem is a couple of things in my start up is keeping my screen saver from kicking in as it should, plus it won't shut down the monitor after the allowed time.

I went into msconfig and unchecked everything I knew I didn't need at start-up and it allowed the screen saver and the shut down to work.

The problem is "mobsync" and "Nvcpl" keep rechecking itself and causing the block preventing the screensaver from working properly.

I checked out each one and they are not important to start up .... "mobsync" is microsoft's sync manager for offline viewing of web pages ... and "Nvcpl" is for my Nvidia video card for the control panel .... which I don't need at start up.

Any idea why this is happening?

Relevancy 83.42%

I have just bought a packard bell cordless keyboard and mouse but am having problems.

When I inserted the batteries in the keyboard and mouse no light came on eithier-should it? - for example should the mouse optical light come on?

when I plugged the receiver in that light came on but when I tried to use the mouse or keyboard nothing happens. I installed the disc which came with the keyboard and mouse.

I have tried the receiver close and far away from the mouse and keyboard but nothing happens

would someone be able to help me please?

Relevancy 83.42%

Ordering new system-- largely for gaming. Question: Is there any significant performance difference with an optical mouse & cordless keyboard ... or is it just convenience? I've never sensed a need to "unburden" myself of cords, but perhaps I'm missing a higher plane of computing.

I'm a bit concerned I'll find my nephew pushing the mouse around in the backyard garden or just have it misplaced.

Relevancy 83.42%

I have a GE Wireless mouse that I have been using with my desktop PC for several months, with no problems. Today, it is no longer working on my PC. I have tried rebooting the PC multiple times, with no success. I tried the mouse on my laptop on it worked correctly as a PlugNPlay device. I do not have a driver for it. I am using Win XP with Service Pack 3 on the desktop & laptop. The desktop is adding the mouse as an "Other Device" - 2.4G Cordless mouse, but the laptop is adding the mouse as a "Mouse" in Device Manager. How do I fix this?

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi all!
I have a cordless laser mouse that has decided to act up. Sometimes it won't let me drag items across the screen - it seems to disengage itself. Occasionally, it acts as though it has been clicked twice instead of once. It even ignores clicks! I have changed batteries multiple times, and used compressed air on the bottom. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Problem with my cordless laser mouse

how far is it from the reciever? Are there any obstacles in the way (like a desk)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-cordless-laser-mouse.736412/
Relevancy 83.42%

so just recently i was having problems with an error involving my mouse and keyboard it seemed to have started with an error involving my mouse Everytime i boot up i get the Found New Harware Wizard popup It says quot There was a problem installing this hardware quot - Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse An error occured during the installation of the device Now this is months and months after i installed the keyboard mouse combo to my computer yet i am getting this message now Well i ignored it till my keyboard and mouse finally wore out So i went out and bought a new one Which by the way i love Logitech s cordless desktop wave Now it wasnt a big deal but i figured a new mouse so the error msg should go away because everything will be freshly installed Wrong its still there everytime i login Anyone have any ideas what i can do thank you Setup Windows XP Gateway GR Old mouse keyboard combo Logitech Cordless desktop S mouse Cannot this install hardware...cordless New mouse keyboard combo Logitech Cordless desktop Cannot install this hardware...cordless mouse wave nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

I've purchased a Logitech Cordless Freedom iTouch keyboard & wheel mouse. I have 14 days to try it out. So far I find it very nice & very dependable. What I would like to know is if there is anyone on this site who has used these peripherals for a long period of time.

Are they dependible over a long haul? Do they begin to lose sensitivity after a while? Any maintenance problems?

I would appreciate any info from anyone with experience using these items because the price is high & I don't want to make a mistake here. Thank you in advance for any information that you might have.

Tony C.

A:Cordless Mouse/Keyboard reliability

I used a Logitech Cordless for about two years befor it broke. Currently using a Microsoft cordless one. I have had it for about a year. I have found that they are pretty good but keep batteries handy because if they go bad you are stuck..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cordless-mouse-keyboard-reliability.77835/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Logitech Keyboard & Mouse. I contacted Logitech and they said there is not a Compatibility issue. But when I am playing a game after a few min the mouse freezes and the only way to fix it is to restart. but ever now and then the keyboard stops responding as well.
I have downloaded the new drivers and updated the software but still having problems.
It is a Logitech Cordless Combo
Keyboard:
M/D: Y-RF21
Mouse:
M/D: M-RP67
Please help.