Windows Support Forum

I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

Q: I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 85.25%

Problem It seems as though my brand new Thinkpad Yoga doesn't know that it's in laptop mode and turns the keyboard and trackpad off as soon as the log in screen Windows comes up nbsp But if I lightly press the screen back both come back to life I let - Yoga Trackpad turn off and Laptop... in 12 Keyboard go and they switch off immediately nbsp I Yoga 12 - Keyboard and Trackpad turn off in Laptop... also found out that if I put something under either one of the front corners of the laptop the keyboard and trackpad work and stay on for longer with success rate nbsp What's weird is that when I go directly to the BIOS then the keyboard works perfectly which gives me the impression that it's a sensor problem nbsp nbsp Touchscreen works always and perfectly nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Previously troubleshooting attempts without success Re-install all drivers Keyboard sensor etc Update all drivers x Windows reinstall All non-Microsoft services off Sensors and HID keyboard off uninstall Safe Mode nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp System Details Windows BIOS Version i GB RAM GB SSD Wacom Digitizer etc

A:Yoga 12 - Keyboard and Trackpad turn off in Laptop...

I have 4 of these Yoga 12 and the same issue.  Sent 3 back to Lenovo.  Received 2 back and issue is still  occuring.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-12-Keyboard-and-Trackpad-turn-off-in-Laptop-Mode/td-p/2080620
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a dell inspiron with windows 7 home. All input device will not work. It is NOT a hardware issue because all input devices work fine in bios and when booted off other media.

will detect usb mouse, install drivers and optical light is on, but cursor will not move.

WTH?!?!?

Thanks!!

A:None working keyboard, trackpad, and usb mouse

1) What happens if you uninstall the USB mouse and only have the touchpad online?
2) Also, are you using an external monitor plugged into the S/VGA port?  Reason for asking:  in the old days, if during a monitor swap, a certain monitor pin was accidentally bent and not making contact, the keyboard and mouse would not respond.  Wait, you said you can use mouse, keyboard, touchpad in BIOS?  Then, #2 doesn't apply to you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573420/none-working-keyboard-trackpad-and-usb-mouse/
Relevancy 100.19%

For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough time to log in and click one item in the Taskbar. From then on I have to rely on Touch, until I set up a standby Bluetooth board and mouse which are not perfect but enable me to keep using my 2-in-1 PC.

As it may not recover of its own accord or may take a long time to do so I would be relieved if someone can diagnose what might be happening and how to prevent it. Is it a hardwear or a software issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68800-keyboard-trackpad-mouse-stop-working.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 95.46%

Dell Inspiron M Gb running XP Home - have been around PCs since early s so generally know my way around I think no - keyboard laptop or Dell trackpad problem is more a Windows app software installation breakage Issue is that after recent reboot I have no built-in keyboard or trackpad An external USB mouse works fine but external USB keyboard does not quot Device Manager Dell laptop - no keyboard or trackpad quot shows yellow exclamation mark Computing with a mouse and the on-screen mouse-enabled keyboard is a tad slow This has happened once before amp despite valiant Dell laptop - no keyboard or trackpad attempts the only thing that worked was a restore to after attempts the earliest restore point still available I had tried reinstalling drivers and a repair install but neither worked Due to my probably poor habit of ignoring those app software requests to reboot after an update install combined with my long periods between reboots I use hibernate I suspect that there was a line of apps with quot run once on reboot quot instructions to perform And this time the earliest restore point is after my last good reboot so restore did not save me this time Partly as I have been hammering the laptop heavily recently Device manager shows the following for quot keyboard quot and quot trackpad quot quot A driver service for this device has been disabled An alternate driver may be providing this functionality Code quot This seems to suggest that maybe some other software has installed a filter or something to capture these devices I suspect Sun s VirtualBox is a good candidate but other possibilities since I last had a good reboot are Java Runtime OpenOffice The st time this problem happened I also tried uninstalling everything I could think of that may have changed but this did not work either I suppose I am looking for any idea apart Dell laptop - no keyboard or trackpad from the disastrous re-install everything how I can detect what driver is using the hardware or maybe what registry setting needs to be tweaked to overcome the issue I am persistent as it worried me last time and is likely to happen again I have alternative PC facilities but I need this laptop back in action within the next weeks If not the re-install will have to be Windows - not going back to XP now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-no-keyboard-or-trackpad.857182/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello everyone Greetings from Ecuador A friend brought me a computer of another friend who has problems with his HP Pavilion G laptop The laptop keyboard and trackpad is to laptop initialize Windows unable keyboard/trackpad non-responsive when the Windows boot I combed the web and tried the many suggestions to get it working again but could not get the keyboard to work When booting up the keyboard works Windows unable to initialize laptop keyboard/trackpad I was able to enter the bios and reset the configuration But once windows starts the keyboard no longer works In the device manager Windows showed that it cannot initialized the drivers both the keyboard standard PS and mouse PS with error code Below is what I Windows unable to initialize laptop keyboard/trackpad have tried so far Before windows starts the keyboard works I'm able to go into bios and Windows unable to initialize laptop keyboard/trackpad change configuration Attached an external USB keyboard it does not work but works fine on another computer An external USB mouse works though so I was able to try some of the steps below Start up in safe mode - gt keyboard and track pad does not work there either Tried to restore from previous restore point - gt there are no restore point to restore to Uninstalled both standard drivers for keyboard and mouse reboot keyboard and track pad still does not work Uninstalled both standard drivers for keyboard and mouse scanned for hardware changes drivers get reinstalled keyboard and track pad still non-responsible Read about Avast problems with non-responsive drivers but Avast is not installed on this system Tried sfc scannow in administrator mode it found errors but was unable to fix them Tried to open log but permission was denied although I am administrator I tried running Linux off a USB key and the keyboard works fine What else can I do to fix the keyboard issue This person has important work and cannot afford another computer He can't afford anything now as his house in Muisne collapsed during the earthquake He and his family are homeless right now and his computer is the only thing he has Thank you Ben

A:Windows unable to initialize laptop keyboard/trackpad

Quote: Originally Posted by Gnimble

When booting up, the keyboard works; I was able to enter the bios and reset the configuration.

That means the devices are working.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gnimble

But once windows starts, the keyboard no longer works.

Seems to be some sort of system drivers corruption; but it would not be an easy fix without any keyboard/mouse working.

IMHO a Clean Rinistall will be a good fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/395636-windows-unable-initialize-laptop-keyboard-trackpad.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have an Asus G jh with synaptics touchpad Everything has been working finr since I got it but recently after not having installed any windows updates keyboard working. [SOLVED] Laptop in trackpad and not built in a few months I went ahead and ran the updates Now the built in keyboard and mouse do not work inside windows The keyboard works fine in BIOS and I couldn't find any relevant options within the bios settings However once windows boots and I'm at the login screen the keyboard and built in touchpad don't work at all My wireless mouse works fine I haven't been able to try a USB keyboard but I imagine it would work fine if I tried it In the device manager both devices ate listed and quot working properly quot [SOLVED] Laptop built in keyboard and trackpad not working. without any errors I tried looking up a few of the updates that were [SOLVED] Laptop built in keyboard and trackpad not working. installed and couldn't find anything that seemed relevant other than one update which apparently changes the euro sign I uninstalled that one and it still made no difference I have searched online for possible solutions but everything I've found mentions reinstalling windows or rolling back to a restore point I would prefer to avoid either one of those and rather just find the direct cause of the problem so it can be addressed If anybody has any ideas other than the quot on screen keyboard quot please let me know I really would appreciate it

A:[SOLVED] Laptop built in keyboard and trackpad not working.

Situations like yours is what System Restore is for. Just restore to the date and time before this happened. It will not touch your personal files.
If you don't want to do that, First boot to Bios, go to Integrated Peripherals, look for Legacy USB or Keyboard. If it is disabled, Enable it. then go to the Device Manager, and right click the Keyboard and Mouse and choose Properties/Drivers/Roll Back Driver.
You can also go to the Asus Driver page ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download G73Jh and download the Touchpad driver for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-laptop-built-in-keyboard-and-trackpad-not-working-976913.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Heyy there good people Haven't gone here in quite a while But tragically I'm in a worth trackpad totally Win7 keyboard being x64 is trippy reading) laptop and (this pickle one I didn't cause for once P I got a Win7 x64 laptop trackpad and keyboard being trippy (this is totally worth reading) new laptop a few weeks ago A Sony VAIO VPCEB KFX to be exact oh my lord just for GB HD GB RAM and an i couldn't resist but a few days ago something happened I was doing a curves adjustment on a fractal I made in Photoshop yes I'm that specific when my ALPS touchpad freaked out on me and I suddenly found myself without the ability to left-click or tap-to-click My very temporary solution was to switch the right and left-click settings and that served me well UNTIL bum bum BUMMM The touchpad decided to stop working entirely I restart my laptop try to do as much as I can with the keyboard alone no access to a USB mouse and manage to download and install a new driver for it Restart again start typing my password keyboard stops working characters in lkjaskjlkjlskjlfdskpwaeaprkvaslr that's probably what it would've looked like if my keyboard logged my inputs after it died Oh and btw got BSOD'd seconds later ACP Index mismatch Then it restarted itself Lather rinse repeat until I cut off the cycle and let the laptop spend the night in solitary confinement in its bag The next day blue screen errors but nothing happens I'm at the login screen and I can type Huzzaaaah The keyboard works So I manage to roll-back the driver restart and my trackpad and keyboard work again until today Trackpad went trippy again stopped working entirely I try to update the driver or do whatever I also decide to experiment by installing Ubuntu through Wubi I had it laying around on my drive you never know when you'll need it D Also at this point I have a USB mouse I needed it because linux distros don't like ALPS touchpads which I'd totally like help on but that's for another thread I guess So um as expected keyboard doesn't work on restart BSOD ect But keyboard works fine in Ubuntu trackpad is a lost cause for linux with me right now and I manage to use my computer relatively normally through there though wifi is slowww I'll have to figure that out After playing YouTube - Ocarina of Time - Zelda's Lullaby piano violin as I watch the blue screen cycle it eventually stops and I manage to log in roll-back the driver restart get back in and HOLY DEJA VU BATMAN The trackpad functions scroll zoom ect except for left-clicking and tapping tl dr Keyboard and ALPS touchpad randomly start and stop working

A:Win7 x64 laptop trackpad and keyboard being trippy (this is totally worth reading)

$650?

Supposedly a non related question, but where did you purchase "machine" from?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win7-x64-laptop-trackpad-and-keyboard-being-trippy-this-is-totally-worth-reading-538760.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have been having a few problems with my Dells and they were about the same Kept looping on startup I fixed the by installing a clean HD and I would like to try that with the How do I wipe it clean I did delete the windows partition on the last XP install Mouse/Keyboard after window turn XP off tried it a couple times no go So on the I start it up and it cycles to the XP window and it may give me a message to hit any key or it will go through a scan routine and cycle again When I hit any key it cycles to the desktop only one time After the first time the mouse and keyboard turn off Also I have to press F after bios load to get it going but it would still start Also this problem STARTED after I unplugged it to work on the other computer bad battery At the very least what program Mouse/Keyboard turn off after XP window could I use to wipe the drive and start with a clean slate nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

Ever since I upgraded my video card to a ATI Radeon 9600, 256, my mouse and keyboard will just turn off at random times. I think it only occurs when the video card is in use. So say if Im playing a game, sometimes 30 minutes in or 2 hours in, the keyboard and mouse will turn off, and then about 5 seconds later, my entire computer reboots itself, which is very frustrating and annoying. Ive installed drivers, and that didnt help either. Why is this happening? My mouse is a Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical and my keyboard is Logitech Cordless Desktop. I am running on Windows XP.

A:Mouse and Keyboard turn off randomly

Hmm. I'm not sure but you might go to the web sites of your mouse and keyboard maker and make sure that you have the latest drivers available for XP. Also, make sure the keyboard and mouse are plugged in really well to the back of your computer. I too had a weird mouse problem and figured out it was broken wires in the mouse cord. I went to a wireless optical mouse. Don't pooh pooh the easy things. Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-and-keyboard-turn-off-randomly-13720.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Sometimes I accidently push my mouse and my monitor goes out of standby mode. Is there anyway in Windows XP Pro to disable the mouse from turning on my monitor, so I have to push a key on my keyboard to take my monitor out of standby?

A:I want Keyboard to turn on monitor only - not mouse

With standard XP drivers I don't think it can be done. But check your BIOS setting for an option, I read that some have a disable mouse wakeup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-keyboard-to-turn-on-monitor-only-not-mouse.103538/
Relevancy 88.58%

hi
when i start my pc , it turns on but sometimes my monitor, keyboard, and mouse don't turn on , and another thing i noticed is the CPU fan wouldn't spin as fast as it should. But if i restart the computer , then everything works just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keyboard-mouse-dont-turn-on.168596/
Relevancy 87.29%

hi
I have this strange issue.

I am using a razor usb keyboard and a razor usb mouse and they worked fine. Until I moved and after unpacking the pc both keyboard and mouse turn off when windows7 starts.
They both do work in the boot sequence.
And they do work when I start windows in safe mode.

Same is true for my cintiq, which also uses the usb port to connect.

I already went into the bios screen, and the usb legacy support is enabled.
I am not sure if I have Win7Sp1 installed or not.

any help greatly appreciated.
thanks
B.

A:usb keyboard and mouse turn off when windows starts normally

Quote:
I am not sure if I have Win7Sp1 installed or not.

Click Start, right-click Computer/My Computer/My PC and choose Properties, will give what is needed. And it should show either Windows 7 and the version name such as Ultimate or Windows 7 Service Pack 1. There is no SP2, yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348662-usb-keyboard-mouse-turn-off-when-windows-starts-normally.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Alright It All started when my ipod was being stupid and got Bricked almost So I went into Windows XP Turn and at don't Login on Keyboard Screen Mouse but switched to IDE storage Config in the Bios Fixed it Rebooted Changed to AHCI which is what Windows was Installed with So Now When I go to Windows NO Matter what Mode Safe Mode Keyboard and Mouse there Off they don't stay on after boot I tried a PS Converter Switched USB Ports Put in a new Keyboard and Nothing Keyboard Dell Multimedia USB with USB Ports and Logitech V Wireless Mouse I re-copied the USB Keyboard and Mouse don't Turn on at Login Screen drivers from the DVD into System Drivers Still will not work I use Windows Keyboard and Mouse don't Turn on at Login Screen Ultimate -Bit Asus P T Core i GHz LGA OCZ Gold Series x GB GB DDR - Also I did Memory Test nothing was wrong I have had this problem with XP before because it couldn't handle the System Hardware Change But I was able to easily repair it and It worked after How Do I fix it with Windows Thanks Please Reply A S A P

A:Keyboard and Mouse don't Turn on at Login Screen

First, go into the BIOS > Advanced Tab > USB Configuration

Make sure:
USB Functiuons = Enabled
USB 2.0 Controller = Enabled
USB 2.0 Controller Mode = HiSpeed
BIOS EHCI Hand-Off = Enabled
Legacy USB Support = Auto

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/110337-keyboard-mouse-dont-turn-login-screen.html
Relevancy 86.43%

When doing a cold boot, the fans and everything come on, but there is no output to the screen, and the keyboard and mouse turn on and off repeatedly. There is a pattern to it: both come on, both turn off then on again, mouse alone turns off and on again, then both stay on.

Running Windows 8.1 x64, already wiped and reinstalled OS once. This fixed the issue for a couple weeks but now its back again.

Any idea what this could be?

Edit: There is no POST, no beeps (though I'm not sure my motherboard has a speaker at all). If I insert a boot disk like the Windows install disk, it picks it up and starts normally. I'm assuming Windows 8 suppresses the normal POST?

A:Black screen on boot, mouse and keyboard turn off and on

So by the way it sounds, if you use a boot disk you get output to the screen and everything? It will boot from the bootdisk?

It sounds like you are having OS corruption issues. I wonder if you dont have a failing hard drive.

Download Falcon Four BootCD from here

Burn that to a CD or create a bootable USB using Rufus. Download here

Boot from that. There are programs on there that will do an offline disk check. See if they come up with anything.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70235-black-screen-boot-mouse-keyboard-turn-off.html
Relevancy 86.43%

NOTE - i processor K Motherboard is an ASROCK z Extreme Ram is gig GSkill Ares Keyboard is USB Razer Black Widow Mouse is USB Razer Imperator turn computer on with windows ultimate cd in the cd drive I press any key to boot from CD ONCE it reaches the first windows install screen where it says 'languages input language etc ' BOTH my keyboard and mouse turn off I know this because there is no reponse and LEDS on both of them turn off I know it is not my keyboard or mouse they work fine when I login to windows I have enabled USB legacy I have run MEMTEST to test my ram - my ram is perfect no errors I have checked my CPU temperatures - all on TURN install trying when windows Mouse boot to Keyboard 7 OFF up and cores running at - degrees celsius I have used an SDD health checker because my windows is installed on an SDD - my SDD is healthy Yes my keyboard and mouse are plugged in yes I have all other USBs removed Yes my Windows CD is genuine works on Keyboard and Mouse TURN OFF when trying to install windows 7 on boot up other computers many times What could the problem possibly be The only options i have left are run a CPU test update motherboard BIOS Keyboard and Mouse TURN OFF when trying to install windows 7 on boot up

A:Keyboard and Mouse TURN OFF when trying to install windows 7 on boot up

jeezus christ i found the solution - I had to unplug all my unneeded hard drives. I have 1 SSD and 2 optical HDs. I unplugged my optical HDs and booted up again and somehow it worked... my keyboard and mouse work. Why on earth would my optical drives cause my mouse and keyboard to not work... i do not know...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mouse-turn-off-when-trying-to-install-windows-7-on-boot-up-654137.html
Relevancy 85.57%

ok so as the the thread states I play any pc game and within to mins all turn off but my pc quot runs quot if you will when I turn it off it acts as if I shut down windows properly I have not updated my hardware since I made my rig about quarters ago off the pc building guide it started about months ago now I think its the motherboard but all lights fans stay on the only driver I have not updated is my razor mouse im not sure if that would cause a problem this big but I will be doing it soon im just wondering if anyone else in the world has had the same thing happen to them Specs LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS - - OEM RAZER DeathAdder Black Buttons x Wheel USB Wired Precision Optical Gaming Mouse - G Infrared Sensor LITE-ON SK- U B Black USB Wired Standard Keyboard ASRock H M B LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX V off when simultaneously PC Mouse/keyboard/monitor playing turn games only v EPS V PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Mouse/keyboard/monitor turn off simultaneously when only playing PC games Supply Intel Core i Mouse/keyboard/monitor turn off simultaneously when only playing PC games - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics XFX HD- X-ZNFC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Seagate Momentus XT ST AS GB RPM quot SATA Gb s with NCQ Solid State Hybrid Drive -Bare Drive G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN Black SECC ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case nbsp

A:Mouse/keyboard/monitor turn off simultaneously when only playing PC games

[Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 ...

XFX HD-677X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
OK im cant quite understand your thread that well but one thing I have spotted I have quoted above. You are runnging a VERY high end system here.
The Graphics card you are using requries a MINIMUM of 500w just to work and your using an ECO PSU of only 520W. Dont forget a PSU is nto 100% perfect so if you allow for a 5% error this may actually only give you a loss of approx 25W bring it JUST below the 500W requrie for the graphics card to run properly.

ALSO - the i5 Cpu your runnign as a TDP of 95W. TDP (or Thermal Design Power) is the maximum power that it would draw when running real applications. It could just simply be that your does not have enough power to run so it may be worth upgrading your PSU to a higher end spec say perhaps 650W.

Hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-keyboard-monitor-turn-off-simultaneously-when-only-playing-pc-games.181304/
Relevancy 83.42%

hi..ad3fskj;l
im using a small laptop with an external keyboard.
the keyboard from the laptop seems to have a problem.
it types random keys as if something stick is holding it down.
^that happens at random times and occurs with random keys.
i've decided to use this external keyboard.
how can i completely shut off my laptop keyboard?
i've tried the control panel>hardware>devicemanager. and it didnt help. i've tried the
uninstall keyboard, but it's reinstalled when my laptop's rebooted.
thank you guys, and i need help ASAP!

A:how do i turn off my laptop keyboard?

Hi,

The only way I know is to disable device installation, then disable the keyboard driver. So first import the attached registry tweak, then disable the laptop keyboard in the device manager and reboot.

Warning

You won't be able to install new devices, including new flash drives, USB drives, etc, unless you disable the policy by changing the dword parameter to 0.

Vadim

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/28813-how-do-i-turn-off-my-laptop-keyboard.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey guys, i'm stumped.

Laptop Info:
Toshiba Satellite L75D-A7283
Windows 8.1

Track pad doesn't work. All started randomly one day when I started the laptop up. Just didn't work. Now the keyboard will stop  working after about 10 minutes.
Things I've tried:
FN Key  + F5 (enable/disable trackpad)
Double tapping the top left corner of track pad.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, let windows install drivers.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, installed Toshiba Drivers
Checked BIOS for disabled Trackpad.
Lastly, reinstalled windows 8.

I got nothing. I'm stuck.
Any suggestions?

Picture of error; http://i.imgur.com/jTMau9y.png

A:Laptop trackpad not working. Keyboard stops working.

Ruhhh rohhhh. No one has any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541993/laptop-trackpad-not-working-keyboard-stops-working/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi, I have an Asus laptop running Windows 8.1. I have an hdmi cable connected to my tv with a wireless logitech keyboard and mouse. Is there anyway to turn the laptop without opening the lid by using the keyboard? I have searched and people suggested getting some external button which I am not looking for while others suggest hibernating the laptop which is also not an option as I use it only few times a week.
Thanks

A:Anyway to use wireless keyboard to turn on laptop?

If there's an option in the BIOS to turn it on by keyboard like on desktops, it might be worth a shot.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/36853-anyway-use-wireless-keyboard-turn-laptop.html
Relevancy 81.7%

How can I turn off a sony vaio using the keyboard?

A:How can you turn off a sony vaio laptop using the keyboard

Can you better explain what you're wanting to do?

If you're referring to a "hard shutdown", press in and hold in the power button for 4 - 5 seconds until it powers off, then release the power button.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-you-turn-off-a-sony-vaio-laptop-using-the-keyboard.1164799/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a HP Pavilion xf ze series laptop computer Amd mb memory gb keyboard mouse and laptop hp hd XP sp The keyboard and mouse on it has quite working When the laptop boots up I can use the keyboard to run diagnositics and change my boot order but when windows boots up the keyboard and mouse wont work This laptop has a button just above the touchpad to turn it on and off and this also is not responding I have reinstalled the orginal software that came with the computer twice without any change I even downloaded the mouse drivers from hp website and hp laptop keyboard and mouse installed them deleted the keyboard and mouse in the control panel everything I can think of Nothing works Once in a blue moon when I have an external usb keyboard attached to the comptuer I notice that the num hp laptop keyboard and mouse lock light comes on the keyboard when I push it on the external Then I can use the built in keyboard for a short while A mouse can travel very easily but lugging around an exteranal keyboard is cumbersome Thanks nbsp

A:hp laptop keyboard and mouse

Is it still under warranty? I honestly don't know what the problem is so I would contact HP tech support and ask them for help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse.299802/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello,
I have a laptop computer for when I am away from the office. I have discovered that I am using it a lot at the office! Can I attach a real keyboard and mouse so that it is easier to use when I'm there? If so, are there any restrictions on the type I get? Is cordless ok?
Thank you so much! Maggie

A:can I add keyboard and mouse to my laptop?

Yes you can. USB, Wireless, Bluetooth if you have it, they all will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-add-keyboard-and-mouse-to-my-laptop.58314/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi:

New to this site and forum...hope someone can help. I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop. It has a QuickPlay keyboard (LED buttons) above the laptop keyboard, including a mute key (glows orange). Just added a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, and now can't get the mute button to go off...so, I now have no sound on the laptop! Visited Logitech help and HP help and can't find an answer. Anyone know where I should start? My computer knowledge is probably above average, but I'm no techie.

Oh yeah, OS is Vista.

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-turn-mute-button-off-laptop-quickplay-keyboard.790297/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have been using the backlight on my keyboard since i got this laptop and all of a sudden it will not turn on! I really would like to figure it out so i can see the keys at night lol.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-p030nr-laptop-backlit-keyboard-wont-turn-on/td-p/5639278
Relevancy 80.41%

hi all. my aunt was trying to install a wireless mouse and clicked cancel during the install and now the trackpad and keyboard dont work. i have tried to start it in all of the safe modes and the keyboard works on the bios screen but as soon as windows starts in safe mode or otherwise the keyboard and trackpad stop working. i have tried plugging a wired mouse and keyboard in and the same thing happens.

A:keyboard and trackpad stopped

Some Notebooks have a key combination [Fn + one of the F keys] to disable the Touchpad and some like my wife's Toshiba have a switch to do it. None I've ever seen can have the keyboard disabled. Might pull the power cord out, remove the battery, let set for a few minutes then try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344165-keyboard-trackpad-stopped.html
Relevancy 80.41%

hi guys i bought my hp laptop yesterday i use it for gaming but when i downloaded and started my game i realised that my trackpad doesn't work while i use my keyboard. how can i fix this ? thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Trackpad not working while i am using my keyboard

Hi, Normally, you just need to turn off SmartSense or PalmCheck the Synaptics control panel - however from what I've seen, this no longer seems to work for Windows 10 versions of this driver. You may be able to get around this as follows. First, download the Synaptics driver on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder. Synaptics Driver Version 17.0.18.8 Turn off your wireless card ( should be f12 ). Open windows control panel, open Programs and Features, right click the current Synaptics driver and select Uninstall. When complete, restart the notebook. When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder and run the Synaptics installer - when this has completed, restart the notebook again. Open the Synaptics settings panel, disable SmartSense or PalmCheck and then check if the touchpad will now work with a keyboard key held down.  If it does, turn your wireless card back on and use the utility on the following link to prevent Windows 10 from automatically updating the Synaptics driver. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3073930 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Trackpad-not-working-while-i-am-using-my-keyboard/td-p/5677114
Relevancy 80.41%

Basically I have a dell 4600
Keyboard works in bios but any input after xp bootup causes lockup(movies and other things will still run but i just cant move mouse)
Iv tried replacing kbdclass and i8042prt from an identical comp but no dice.
Norton Av came up negative. I also cannot sytem restore to a date before keyboard failed. Keyboard also does not so up in safe mode.
Anything i can do?

Relevancy 80.41%

Hello, that's a problem I actually had since Windows 8:
Whenever my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is through the laptop's keyboard (pressing any key on the keyboard). But when I press the USB keyboard or the USB mouse, it doesn't wake up.
I use my laptop mostly as a "desktop": I connect it through an HDMI cable to a larger 24" monitor, and the laptop is lying closed in the corner. It is just annoying to open the laptop and press the keyboard.. not a big deal, but if it's possible to change that it will be good !
Thanks!

A:Waking up laptop through USB mouse/keyboard?

Originally Posted by mibaup

Hello, that's a problem I actually had since Windows 8:
Whenever my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is through the laptop's keyboard (pressing any key on the keyboard). But when I press the USB keyboard or the USB mouse, it doesn't wake up.
I use my laptop mostly as a "desktop": I connect it through an HDMI cable to a larger 24" monitor, and the laptop is lying closed in the corner. It is just annoying to open the laptop and press the keyboard.. not a big deal, but if it's possible to change that it will be good !
Thanks!

In your power settings do you have the mouse enabled as a wakeup device?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/19726-waking-up-laptop-through-usb-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Below is my hijack this log I have an Acer Aspire laptop it is only years old Worked perfect last night Today I booted it up and the mouse wouldn t work I bought an external mouse and it worked but the keyboard didn t Got an external keyboard amp it works Did my keyboard amp mouse fry at the same time Or is there some evil behind all this Keyboard Mouse Laptop not working & Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Laptop Mouse & Keyboard not working Files Acer eRecovery Monitor exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C Program Laptop Mouse & Keyboard not working Files Arcade PCMService exe C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Raymond Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE HWI BS HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run LaunchApp Alaunch O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS system keyhook exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Arcade PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE O - HKLM Run eRecoveryService C Program Files Acer eRecovery Monitor exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run IncrediMail C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe c O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Util... Read more

Relevancy 80.41%

I have toshiba satellite L305D, I have installed Windows 7 build 7600. I have a strage problem, my keyboard works fine in BIOS and any 16 BIT environment like in PE for Windows XP, but stops working in Windows environment. But if i resume my laptop from Standby or Hibernate, keyboard starts working fine. I tried seraching every forum, even with toshiba forum, still no response.

This error is totally OS indipendent, i.e I tried installing windows XP both 32bit and 64 bit, the problem is same, and with vista also problem is same. And one more thing to install Vista and XP I have to use external USB keyboard but thanks to windows 7 that it had included onscreen keyboard during Preinstallation Environment also.

Hope to get suggestive answer in no time.

and sorry for my bad english

A:Laptop Keyboard and Mouse Not working

Still No any suggestions???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working.958595/
Relevancy 80.41%

i maybe in the wrong forum but my laptop keyboard is driving me nuts. got a 3 month old HP laptop with a synaptics built in mouse.

off and on the mouse would not work where i could scroll down a page using the wheel.

it got worse so i rolled back the driver. now it scrolls just fine but when i type things jump all over where i have been typing. it is like i hit something where it all of a sudden sends the cursor to an earlier point where i have been typing

i dont know if this is keyboard or mouse related. i could swear there is something that i adjusted long ago on the mouse to make it less sensetive to the touch but can not find it

Relevancy 80.41%

I cant use keyboard and mouse. Ive seen that their is a driver problem . So please give me the driver link or else what shall i do.  Thanking You.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-is-not-working/td-p/5596683
Relevancy 80.41%

newbie unsure of site protocol please forgive and straighten me out if necessary am experiencing hesitation in using onboard keyboard and mouse of Presario but a USB keyboard Ps/2 Laptop Hesitation Keyboard And Mouse works fine Laptop Ps/2 Keyboard And Mouse Hesitation Haven t got a USB mouse to test Plugged an external PS mouse into side jack and this also hesitates or skips or quot is jumpy quot when sweeping mouse across screen Tried various settings to adjust Synaptics mouse pad like unchecking Fast Initialization but nothing seems to stop the hesitation except using the USB keyboard which fixes the keyboard hesitation CPU is bouncing between and creating a vertically zigzag line Laptop Ps/2 Keyboard And Mouse Hesitation in the performance tab of Task Manager for a brief moment in all my messing around this usage problem stopped and the keyboard and mouse hesitation stopped but the problem came back next I looked at it AVG first came back after full scan with shell and host listed under column quot changed quot date and size were same as my other machine switched to Anti-VIR but it found no problems CCleaner didn t fix it either CHKDSK found nothing Problem exists in safe mode as well I reseated the onboard keyboard cable which popped out when I opened up the laptop bu the problem continues I figure I have a bad PS port or something else is polling or otherwise eating CPU and interfering with PS keyboard and PS mice whether Synaptic or external Have HIJack this log generated but I cannot distinguish what might be wrong This machine had a hard drive failure and replacement but the user said she never used it after it came back from repair service and does not remember there being a hesitation problem Any takers --Jeb

A:Laptop Ps/2 Keyboard And Mouse Hesitation

What process is taking up the CPU when it "bounces"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140427/laptop-ps2-keyboard-and-mouse-hesitation/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have just purchased the HP Spectre x - dx I have been looking forward to getting this laptop for a few weeks but I am having a lot of annoyances with this laptop The biggest mistake may have been purchasing this laptop HP authorized refurbished Upon arrival I updated all the drivers ran HP assistant and let windows update nbsp I am looking for feedback and advice from fellow Spectre owners to problems - / Spectre Keyboard Trackpad see if I can get this laptop to a satisfactory condition Here is a list of some of the problems I have encountered nbsp This trackpad is almost unusable for me I wish to move the Spectre problems - Trackpad / Keyboard cursor with one finger then click using my other hand s finger but the trackpad goes into two-finger scrolling mode and rejects the click I can click with one hand but for rapid tasks I would like to be able to click as if there was a true button I ve explored all the trackpad options and there appears to be no way to correct this Furthermore the trackpad seems to completely ignore clicking frequently I can try keep trying to click and nothing will happen The keyboard seems to stick when the buttons haven t been pressed in a while Especially the tab control shift and space bar There is an extremely loud snap crunch when these buttons are pressed for the first time after which they remain quiet This is quite embarrassing I haven t seen anyone reporting this issue Trackpad is loose it wobbles and makes excessive noise I have seen the electrical tape modification fix for this Guess I will have to open up the laptop and correct this It seems that the processor slows down frequently without user input I have been installing many programs setting up laptop and the programs will come almost to a halt and the CPU shows it is running at GHz If I move he mouse around it will resume at a normal speed GHz I have to do this every few minutes to keep the laptop running at a normal speed The laptop otherwise moves slower than my year old Acer I was looking for something powerful but this has been a big disappointment for a th gen i core This seems to affect WiFi speeds read write speeds as well I can t for example let files transfer from my external hard drive to the laptop because it is unbelievably slow read speeds were Mbps when I left the laptop unattended Same with internet downloads I came back to the laptop and estimated download time was hours long but when I move the cursor it sped up and finished in minutes The laptop did not come with the soft case I was hoping to use it to prevent scratches during transportation Should he refurbished unit come with this If not is it available for purchase I have had a blue screen of death with error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Anyone had a similar issue A minor annoyance but has anyone been able to completely remove the Synaptics icon from the task bar I can go into the settings and select don t display task bar icon The setting will keep until I restart then the icon returns to the task bar Similarly can the Bang amp Olufsen icon be removed without uninstalling I don t see a setting for this one The charging conenctor unplugs itself over time Even sitting on my desk with minimal movement it worked itself almost half way out I love this laptop's beautiful design and specs but I the trackpad keyboard issues may drive me insane if I can't correct them nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Spectre problems - Trackpad / Keyboard

I was able to fix the Synaptics icon removal from the task bar. The problem was actually that none of the settings would remain after a restart (didn't notice until later). The fix was to change a registry value as follows:  Open up regedit.exe Navigate to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install Note this is LOCAL MACHINE, not CURRENT USER. Look for a key in that Install folder called DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade Double click and change the value to 0  Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-synaptics-touc... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-problems-Trackpad-Keyboard/td-p/5609867
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi nbsp Recently i have a noticed one issue with my Hp Envy laptop I started playing and doen't Keyboard work Trackpad together. Counter Strike unfortunately i did't had mouse at that point so i Keyboard and Trackpad doen't work together. started using trackpad When i was moving my bot using keyboard it was moving but when i started giving directions to my bot using trackpad it didnt move in that direction Weird nbsp I Keyboard and Trackpad doen't work together. started noticing it and tried so many time but no success I opened notepad and started typing something and tried to use the trackpad at the same time but the trackpad di not respond but when i releases the key the track pad responds I checked the tochpad settings and everything seems normal there Is there any particular setting which is not allowing me to use both together or is this a hardware issue I have played this game and tried using notepad nbsp and touch pad in other laptops of Hp and other brands and it works in those laptops I am not sure why Keyboard and Trackpad doen't work together. this is happening Any help will be appreciated nbsp Regards Akash

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keyboard-and-Trackpad-doen-t-work-together/td-p/5850883
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there Any help would be massively appreciated here as have really run out of ideas with this problem Unit Macbook Pro mid - keyboard Macbook Pro trackpad not and working model All was working fine until one day after using a projector in work the unit was shutdown When it came back on both the keyboard and the Macbook Pro - keyboard and trackpad not working trackpad no longer function Key facts so far The keyboard responds just after power on so that a command via Macbook Pro - keyboard and trackpad not working the keys can occur i e press C to boot from disc or cmd S for single user mode etc BUT once the operating system has booted up neither the Macbook Pro - keyboard and trackpad not working keyboard or trackpad work If I plug in a USB mouse keyboard all works fine Also if I use an external bluetooth keyboard and mouse all is fine The OS is completely up-to-date and runs on The keyboard backlight work fine Actions so far I have run both Disc Utility verify disc and also Disk Warrior - no difference I have repaired permissions within disc utility - no difference I have completely erased zero pass the hard drive and re-installed the operating system from the disc - problem still there I have tried Applejack also - no difference I have reset PRAM NVRAM using usual method - no difference I have started in Safe Mode - problem still there i e cannot use keyboard or trackpad even in safe mode The only thing that has happened is that when I booted into Single User Mode the system went a little crazy and kept repeating the an error relating to AppleUSBMultitouchDriver xe f over and over I was unable to do anything within SU mode as this just kept scrolling So I went into the OS and found the kext relating to the AppleUSBMultitouch and deleted Problem still there Only differene is that now the external bluetooth Apple mouse does not allow multitouch So I put the kext back in the Extensions folder And this is where I am now left Have run out of ideas where to go from here Can anyone help at all If it was a hardware issue surely the issue would be there from the start and not let me choose the startup options such as boot from disc If it s not hardware though what could it be nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macbook-pro-keyboard-and-trackpad-not-working.1081346/
Relevancy 79.55%

The Subject is as blatant as possible. Anyway, I recently installed Steam and, with it, GMod. However, my laptop (yes, I know, this is the Desktops area, but My laptop tells me it's an Aspire one 1-431, and I saw no Aspire laptops section) refuses to let me use the Trackpad and Keyboard at the same time. I've tried tampering with the settings a bit, but nothing I've done so far has worked, and I don't want to permanently break my laptop. Does anyone know how to fix this?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Trackpad-and-keyboard-don-t-work-at-the-same-time/td-p/431717/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 79.55%

The Subject is as blatant as possible. Anyway, I recently installed Steam and, with it, GMod. However, my laptop (yes, I know, this is the Desktops area, but My laptop tells me it's an Aspire one 1-431, and I saw no Aspire laptops section) refuses to let me use the Trackpad and Keyboard at the same time. I've tried tampering with the settings a bit, but nothing I've done so far has worked, and I don't want to permanently break my laptop. Does anyone know how to fix this?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Trackpad-and-keyboard-don-t-work-at-the-same-time/td-p/431718/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 79.55%

Sorry if this is the wrong board for this, I'm assuming Aspire Switch 10 E is an S-series. I have it for a week, upgraded to W10 and it's been working fine. There's one thing though: very frequently (not all the time), if I close the lid off and try to use it later, the whole keyboard attachment doesn't work. I have to remove and re-attach it from the screen to it to come back. Is this a setting? Is this how it's supposed to be? Or is there a chance my unit might be defective? Thanks everyone.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Keyboard-trackpad-non-responsive-after-closing-lid-off-comes/td-p/431905/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 79.55%

Sorry of this is old new, but Legitech has this to offer. Anyone tried it?

iTunes Store

A:Trackpad & Keyboard of the iphone kind

Yes. Works well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/60760-trackpad-keyboard-iphone-kind.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, i work in a school and the majority of our students use the Yoga 11e laptops. Recently we have recieved a few with keyboards and trackpads that seem to be disabled. My guess is that the laptop is stuck in some sort of "tablet" mode that triggers when the screen is flipped fully back.  Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated, thanks!

A:Yoga 11e disabling trackpad and keyboard

Hi JamesOasis.
Welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of the machines? Are you using Windows 10 ?

Let me share some ideas.....

Tablet mode on Windows 10 does not disable the trackpoing or the keyboard, if the computer is on Laptop layout. (not bended)

Let's try to see first if it is a configuration or software issues.
Check out the "Control Panel - Mouse" and see the "Thinkpad" tab. See if the trackpoint is disabled, just in case.

After that I will check the Mouse driver.
Check the support site for the Yoga 11e:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-...
- Search for the mouse drivers, and just in case install the latest version.

If that does not work, I would get into a firmware and driver update rampage
Check out any BIOS update for the computer and be sure to use Windows update to be on the latest level. Check some other drivers on the Lenovo support site that may need to be updated.

This are only some ideas... let us know if you have any progress.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-11e-disabling-trackpad-and-keyboard/td-p/2251944
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi everyone

Just bought a USB to PS/2 adapter for my latop. Operating system is XP. I can't get the keyboard or the mouse to work. Is ther a setting I'm suppose to make so my laptop recognizes the PS/2 hardware? Thanks for your help

Beaglehound

Relevancy 79.55%

I'm helping a friend with his laptop because since only a few days ago, the keyboard and mouse stopped working. I had him reboot it a few times but no effect.
I brought over a live linux CD and booted off of that, the touchpad mouse and keyboard worked perfectly.

So I'm guessing there is something with Windows that is stopping it from working. Laptop running Vista Home

Been searching the net and forums but haven't found a solid fix for this.

A:Laptop Keyboard & Mouse stopped working

Hi.
What's the make and model of the laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219069/laptop-keyboard-mouse-stopped-working/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a laptop with windows 10, and it's connected to a PC monitor and mouse all the time. (I barely open the laptop)
But when I put the laptop on the sleep mode and run the PC again, I have to open the laptop click on the power button to wake the laptop up and close the laptop. It's really taxing every time I do that to run the PC
is there anyway I can run the PC by moving the mouse or click on the keyboard keys ?!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439645-how-can-i-wake-my-laptop-up-moving-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 79.55%

L aptop is sager np I connect my laptop to an external monitor and use an external keyboard and wireless mouse I have usb ports in my laptop but broke B ecause of that one of the ports i connect the usb for wireless mouse The other port is those port hub where i connect my keyboard and other things to it thus i can connect few things to that usb one hub with multiple ports So i noticed this problem when i was online where when i was trying to log into my accounts i couldn't log in I then noticed the reason was because everytime i pressed shift it kept on pasting a line that i had earlier copied and paste etc S o when i press shift let say the word i had copied and paste earlier was notebookreview Out and Issues? of Laptop Mouse Going Control...Keyboard S o when i type in shift it would type notebookreview I f i press it again it would type in notebookreview times or times Thus if im typing in a password and let say my password was Review Well i have to Shift R then type eview But i couldn't log in and notice because everytime i press shift it would type in notebookrevieweview Normally i log into accounts by copy and pasting from keepass but i have huge issue with that as well so that was why i was typing it manually The other issue is i noticed keepass Laptop Going Out of Control...Keyboard and Mouse Issues? which i use for password when i clicked on an account it would have that A dd entry box meaning i want to create a new entry I then X it out but it keeps reappearing over and over again I can't close it The only way was to control alt delete then close program W hen i do this you see a message very Laptop Going Out of Control...Keyboard and Mouse Issues? quickly before it shuts that this program is not responding So i then open keepass again and when i put in my passcode etc i then click on any account and i get same message over and over T he only way i could fix it was unplug the usb hub which included Laptop Going Out of Control...Keyboard and Mouse Issues? my external keypad Then on my laptop go and pressed Fn and Ins Number lock When i did this i was able to X the Add Entry in keepass with the mouse scrollpad on my laptop But when i then connected the usb hub back to one of the ports on my laptop i get the same issue over again with keepass and the add entry Im pretty positive this has to do with my laptop keyboard though i dont believe its the mouse My other issue is earlier today on certain sites it kept pressing enter enter enter over and over It was like my keyboard was out of control I then noticed that when i unconnected my usb hub from my usb port on laptop and also the external monitor so i could use the laptop just by itself the keyboard doesn't even type at all Does that mean my keyboard is broken I cannot type anything at all Right now im typing on my external keyboard attached to a port of the usb hub that is attached to one of the usb ports on my laptop When i mention my keyboard was out of control i meant my external keyboard attached to the usb hub which is connected to one of the usb ports on my laptop I used avast and malwarebytes though free version and it doesn't show any viruses of any sort C an someone tell me what i can do here T his is really frustrating and i have no idea why im having this issue But my laptop keyboard doesn't seem to work at all Earlier i did but it only typed in letters Does anyone here have this issue or know what this could be what is strange is sometimes the laptop keyboard could type but when i type a lot of stuff like afjkaljflsdfjla then once i backspace i could only backspace a few letters then my laptop keyboard can no longer type

A:Laptop Going Out of Control...Keyboard and Mouse Issues?

okay right after i posted this, i tried typing from my laptop keyboard and letters and numbers did show up. the backspace didnt. then after a bit... laptop keyboard no longer worked. so now typing again on my external keyboard connected to usb port that is connected to my laptop usb port. so right now im going to press shift 2 times. what you will see is what it looks like when i press shift 2 times after this line. the nonbolded part is basically me pressing shift 2 times... then you can see it pasted the same thing twice.
Laptop is sager np 2740. I connect my laptop to an external monitor and use an external keyboard and wireless mouse. I have 3 usb ports in my laptop but 1 broke. Because of that, one of the ports i connect the usb for wireless mouse. The other port is those port hubs where i connect my keyboard and other things to it. thus i can connect few things to that usb hub.
So i noticed this problem when i was online where when i was trying to log into my accounts, i couldn't log in. I then noticed the reason was because everytime i pressed shift, it kept on pasting a line that i had earlier copied and paste etc. So when i press shift... let say the word i had copied and paste earlier was notebookreview. So when i type in shift... it would type notebookreview. If i press it again... it would type in notebookreview 2 times or 4 times. Thus if im typing in a password and let say my password was Review. Well i have to Shift R then type eview. But i couldn't log in and notice because everytime i press shift... it would type in notebookreview. Normally i log into accounts by copy and pasting from keepass but i have huge issue with that as well so that was why i was typing it manually.
The other issue is i noticed keepass2 which i use for password, when i clicked on an account, it would have that Add entry box meaning i want to create a new entry. I then X it out but it keeps reappearing over and over again. I can't close it. The only way was to control alt delete then close program. When i do this, you see a message very quickly before it shuts that this program is not responding. So i then open keepass again and when i put in my passcode etc, i then click on any account and i get same message over and over. The only way i could fix it was unplug the usb hub which included my external keypad. Then on my laptop... go and pressed Fn and Ins Number lock. When i did this, i was able to X the Add Entry in keepass2 with the mouse scrollpad on my laptop.But when i then connected the usb hub back to one of the 2 ports on my laptop, i get the same issue over again with keepass and the add entry. Im pretty positive this has to do with my laptop/keyboard though i dont believe its the mouse.
My other issue is earlier today on certain sites, it kept pressing enter enter enter over and over. It was like my keyboardout of control. I then noticed that when i unconnected my usb hub from my usb port on laptop and also the external monitor... so i could use the laptop just by itself... the keyboard doesn't even type at all. Does that mean my keyboard is broken? I cannot type anything at all. Right now im typing on my external keyboard attached to a port of the usb hub that is attached to one of the 2 usb ports on my laptop. When i mention my keyboard was out of control, i meant my external keyboard attached to the usb hub which is connected to one of the 2 usb ports on my laptop.
I used avast and malwarebytes though free version and it doesn't show any viruses of any sort. Can someone tell me what i can do here? This is really frustrating and i have no idea why im having this issue. But my laptop keyboard doesn't seem to work at all. Earlier i did but it only typed in letters. Does anyone here have this issue or know what this could be?
Laptop is sager np 2740. I connect my laptop to an external monitor and use an external keyboard and wireless mouse. I have 3 usb ports in my laptop but 1 broke. Because of that, one of the ports ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400333-laptop-going-out-control-keyboard-mouse-issues.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Ok so a whole slew of problems and I am sure there is a simple solution if not then theres always a technician I can make a visit to I own a HP Pavillion Laptop dv ca - bought it at best buy on boxing day I DO have antivirus running - Kaspersky antivirus so Mouse, Keyboard LAPTOP: not BSOD, working I know this is not a virus issue or some sort of hack that I downloaded I don't download anything on my school laptop - everything i put on it is bought and legitimate Alright So it starts with my deciding to update my computer and get it running up to date I did windows Update and went through all that and it restarted computer - it was fine I decided to update my graphics drivers so I headed over to LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working the HP website and got it but realized - HEY this driver is an old driver There is a newer version LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working out but nVidia com doesnt have the driver for my laptop Ok lets head over to laptopvideo go and see if there is a rd party driver As a note I have used them before they always worked fine I looked for compatibility on the driver i decided to install and it said it would work Installed it and then I get the dreaded BSOD Well not to worry ive dealt with it before so I decide to boot safe mode No dice the laptops keyboard isnt working Neither is the mousepad when it tries to do a system repair and asks me to do a system restore NOTE i am trying to avoid the restore as I have important class notes and e-mails in my quot outlook quot now windows mail that I NEED I have not made a restore point and can not afford to lose these files also why i am avoiding the whole system reset Plus i don't have the vista cds and don't want to order and wait for them External USB mouse and Keyboard not loading either so hitting F to get to the damn safe mode boot doesnt work either I do not have a PS port for another keyboard or mouse so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help I am very much of the opinion I will receive a quot your laptop is nerfed screwed dead garbage needstobesentout repairs quot response so tell the truth anything and everything will be considered thanks to top it all off i signed up for the forums and typoed my name great

A:LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working

Quote:

Originally Posted by luiscocneicao

. . .I own a HP Pavillion Laptop dv2618ca - bought it at best buy. . . I get the dreaded BSOD. Well, not to worry ive dealt with it before so I decide to boot safe mode... No dice, the laptops keyboard isnt working. Neither is the mousepad when it tries to do a system repair and asks me to do a system restore.

**NOTE** i am trying to avoid the restore as I have important class notes and e-mails in my "outlook" ( now windows mail) that I NEED. I have not made a restore point and can not afford to lose these files. also why i am avoiding the whole system reset. Plus i don't have the vista cds and don't want to order and wait for them.

External USB mouse and Keyboard not loading either, so hitting F8 to get to the damn safe mode boot doesnt work either. . . thanks

First, the default location that Windows Mail uses is:
c:\users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail. A system restore would not affect this.

Do you know whether or not your laptop contains a hidden recovery hard drive partition? It most likely would be drive d:. To activate the HP Recovery Manager, press "F11" repeatedly upon boot-up; however, you said that your keyboard does not work. My only suggestion at this time, assuming the recovery hard drive partition exists, would be to force the laptop to crash on boot-up as this would most likely cause the HP Recovey Manager to invoke itself and load basic system drivers, thus giving you keyboard control. One way may be to use a Vista Operating System (OS) Upgrade DVD; another is to use a non-Windows OS CD. I have used both methods successfully to resolve different issues.

My last thought - Have you contacted HP support?

Good Luck. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-bsod-mouse-keyboard-not-working-223619.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I occasionally wish I could plug other devices into my hp machine to use my hp laptop as a monitor, keyboard and mouse. I have a raspberry pi and it would be perfect for it. I wish my laptop had a toggle button/switch to change it from using as a laptop to using as a host for my pi. If the toggle was activated then the hdmi out would become an in and my usb would become an out to my pi.

A:Laptop reuse of monitor, keyboard and mouse

Yeah if only. HP does not make a curved all in one machine that is very cool and can be both a computer and a monitor. Has an HDMI in and an HDMI out. I am not aware of any other computer that does such a thing. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-reuse-of-monitor-keyboard-and-mouse/td-p/5629288
Relevancy 79.55%

Have separate monitor, keyboard, mouse. Laptop (Dell XPS 15 running Windows 7 Home Premium) is my desktop replacement. I have it set that when I close the lid, "nothing happens", meaning it doesn't automatically go to sleep. It only goes to sleep IAW my power settings. When the laptop does go to sleep, I can't wake it up with the external mouse or keyboard - I have to open the laptop to wake it up. Is there a setting to allow me to use the external mouse or keyboard to wake it from sleep? Not a huge issue, but it would handy to just jiggle my mouse or tap a key on my keyboard to wake it up.

Relevancy 79.55%

This is a very bizarre problem and I apologize and Keyboard, Laptop on Sound Failure Mouse HP if it s been addressed before there s a lot of things going wrong so searching for solutions has been Keyboard, Mouse and Sound Failure on HP Laptop tough Here s the story Last night a huge storm hit our area The power in our house was kinda funky random rooms and appliances not working My computer-- an HP Pavilion zv laptop running Windows XP Home-- was in stand-by mode when the storm hit and lost power There s no battery due to earlier problems with this machine So after the storm passed I checked the computer out and backed up all my files on my external hard drive The storm also knocked out our internet connection it should be back up today but at the moment I m using a computer at the public library Then I shut the computer off figuring I d deal with it this morning Well This morning I got onto the computer and found that the volume control is malfunctioning When I click on the main volume control the volume was set at mute I deselected the mute option and tried to drag the slider up I could drag the slider up and it would ding indicating the selected volume then immediately slide back down to mute I checked the device and driver information and everything for the sound looked good Figuring I d just deal with no sound until I got the internet back up I opened up my game of The Sims While I was playing that I found that the mouse was malfunctioning In The Sims when you click on an object or person a quot pie menu quot appears The menu stays open until you choose an action Today the menu would appear for a split second and disappear Somewhat frustrated I quit the game and checked the drivers again The mouse is a relatively cheap USB plug-and-play Microsoft mouse I did some troubleshooting and restarting all to no avail The volume and mouse continued malfunctioning The icing on this cake of catastrophe was the keyboard I have my account password protected so I have to type in order to get into my account I can do this just fine However when I opened up notepad to test the keyboard nothing happened No text appeared So I ve got volume issues apparent mouse issues or possibly game disk issues and keyboard issues There are other functioning computers in the house so I will be able to check back once we get the internet up again Let me know if you need more information and thank you in advance for any help you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I m new here and I really need some help lag laptop keyboard lag touch mouse Wireless pad and and with my laptop I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP Media Center Edition I ve had the laptop for almost years and recently I ve been having problems with my wireless mouse the laptop s keyboard and touch Wireless mouse lag and laptop keyboard and touch pad lag pad Recently since last Tuesday whenever I use my laptop s keyboard it lags very badly It sometimes doesn t pick up letters and to type anything without missing letters I have to hold down a letter for a few seconds Also my laptop s touch pad lags very badly as well And lastly Wireless mouse lag and laptop keyboard and touch pad lag my wireless mouse lags nowhere near as bad as the touch pad a Wireless mouse lag and laptop keyboard and touch pad lag short pause every - seconds but it s enough to be annoying but the wireless keyboard is absolutely fine I ve already done a few things I ve checked to see if any processes are using a lot of the CPU none are there s no unusual processes running either I ran a virus scan and it found nothing I ran chkdsk p and r neither found anything and I replaced the ntoskrnl exe file in my system folder I was randomly getting errors saying that it was corrupt or missing when I turned on my laptop but I think that fixed it I ve also plugged in a wired mouse in to my laptop and got the same lag as the wireless one Can anyone help me with this I really need help Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless mouse lag and laptop keyboard and touch pad lag

Can't anyone help me?

Here's a little update.
The lag with the wireless mouse is gone, but the lag with everything else is still there.
I had to repair my windows install because I was randomly getting an error at start up saying that windows couldn't start because the ntoskrnl.exe file was missing or corrupted. Then it would only come up with a screen asking if I wanted to start safe mode, start windows normally, etc.
It came up with the ntoskrnl.exe error came up again after the repair, but it can start up now.
Please, someone help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-mouse-lag-and-laptop-keyboard-and-touch-pad-lag.822130/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and while recently doing some computer maintenance to get rid of some malware, I most likely screwed up my computer. At the Windows 7 user login screen, my mouse and keyboard are non-responsive. I don't think this is a problem with the actual hardware because I can access the boot menu with F12 when I boot it up. Appreciate any help.

A:Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work on my laptop

Do you have access to your windows installation cd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357492/keyboardmouse-doesnt-work-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

I have an acer aspire 5920. For some reason, when it has locked the keyboard and the mouse. I don't know the events that lead up to this, but it was fine in the morning when i went to work, and when i came home it wouldn't work. I hope it is an easy fix, and someone can tell me how to unlock them. Thank you

A:Solved: Locked Keyboard and mouse on laptop

I read on other post about going to the device manager and unloading the drivers. But, how do i get to the device manager if i have no keyboard function or mouse function?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-locked-keyboard-and-mouse-on-laptop.1020159/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi everyone - newby here. I have this acer (aspire 5100 series) about 3 yrs old with windows xp. It starts more or less normal but the entire board and mouse are not working. I have tried pressing F2 during start but it will not allow the keyboard to work. I have also tried Fn + F6 and every other key but it simply starts with a browser open and the pointer in the middle of the screen but nothing but the start button works. I have pulled the battery numerous times, it is not fried. I think there is a simple fix to this as I had a guy repair this problem a couple of months ago and he didnt reformat it. I think it may have something to do with a video driver or lack of..Any ideas greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-frozen-502526.html
Relevancy 79.55%

i am operating and hp pavillion with vista and i frequently download files My computer keeps sleeping and i am afraid i may have a virus when i try to resume it starts but then the screen goes black and i don t know whats going on Its overheating too I wanted to be sure it isn t a malware virus thing before i go get the hardware checked Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Windows Defender to SLEEP!!! MOUSE&KEYBOARD keeps LAPTOP UNRESPONSIVE!!! help!!! please going MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System WTMKM exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems AutoDetector Monitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis please help!!! LAPTOP keeps going to SLEEP!!! MOUSE&KEYBOARD UNRESPONSIVE!!! exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp please help!!! LAPTOP keeps going to SLEEP!!! MOUSE&KEYBOARD UNRESPONSIVE!!! iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - please help!!! LAPTOP keeps going to SLEEP!!! MOUSE&KEYBOARD UNRESPONSIVE!!! HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-laptop-keeps-going-to-sleep-mouse-keyboard-unresponsive.784653/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi

I have a just bought a new Acer Aspire 4810T laptop. It froze a while ago and after turning it off and on again the keyboard and the mouse pad are not working. When starting up the keyboard works when entering the set or using F2 key however after it starts up the keyboard and the mouse pad don't work.

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks
Imbokeri

A:Acer Laptop keyboard and Mouse not working

hello
reboot your computer and after your bios has done its check, before windows begins to load, press F8 to access the advanced boot options. You can try to boot last known good configuration from there.
See it that helps first

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-440863.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm currently running Windows XP on my laptop and after working for a while the laptop and touch pad will lock up. They stop responding but things on the screen keep going. such as a web page loading or a program running so I know the whole laptop has not locked up. Other things on it such as the cd-rom work and such. I have tried to plug in a keyboard and a mouse but it still doesn't respond. I have even jumped over to Linux and reinstalled Windows a few times hoping it might fix it but I keep getting this problem.

A:Laptop keyboard and mouse stop working

It would help to know what kind of laptop it is..

You get the same problem even in Linux?
The separate mouse and keyboard you tried.. Were they USB or PS/2?
The embedded touchpad and keyboard may be hardwired to the PS/2 controller, that may be malfunctioning. USB keyboard and mouse should work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working.88447/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all, I'm new here and I'm really grateful this place exist... as I really need assistance now :)
Ok here's the issue. I've been using a new laptop for a couple of months now, a Acer Timeline X 1830TZ. Quite a nice little laptop, loving it so far.
After an automatic windows update a couple of days ago, the mouse pad and keyboard won't even respond. Nothing.
I tried plugging in a usb mouse -- it works! but the keyboard still wouldnt answer.

I'm running on dual boot with ubuntu.
Currently in a small community business startup, and this is really not a good time for tech issues.. :)

I tried googling for that.. and it doesn't seem to be a common and recurrent issue.

Thanks for thinking!!

A:Mouse and Keyboard not responding on laptop after startup

You might wish to get a USB keyboard so that you can type in commands.

Does the problem occur in the BIOS -- if so it's a hardware problem. If not, press F8 and follow the system Last Known Good Configuration Instructions below.

Does the system appear to boot normally other than the keyboard and touchpad don't work?

Can you boot into Ubuntu? Does the problem occur in both Windows and Ubuntu? I'm asking this because a Windows update shouldn't affect the functionality of the other operating system and if the problem occurs there too it may be a hardware issue.

If you can get in far enough to do this via a mouse or an external keyboard, I'd suggest restoring Windows to a point before the suspected update.

Depending on where you can get and what you can use:

Using Last Known Good Configuration

System Restore - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-and-keyboard-not-responding-on-laptop-after-startup-670725.html
Relevancy 79.12%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all,

I've been passed a HP 6820ea laptop to repair which is suffering with the trackpad and keyboard becoming non responsive when running hot or when i use for prolonged periods. I've advised the client to look at a replacement but he wants to keep the laptop running due to accountancy programs on there that he has misplaced the disks/product keys for.

has anyone heard of this issue with this laptop?

I've googled the issue and have seem comments on motherboard failures but nothing on trackpad / keyboard issues.

Just to add the client says that he can resolve the problem by removing the battery? (from a tech point this doesn't seem like a valid comment).

thanks

A:HP 6820ea - non responsive trackpad and keyboard when running hot

Hello ascomputers tried running Speccy mate and see what the temps are?? Speccy - System Information - Free Download let us know what they are mate and what OS is running cos a quick look shows me it may be quite old or at least three years old.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298002-hp-6820ea-non-responsive-trackpad-keyboard-when-running-hot.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi - hope someone can help as I only have a few strands of Trackpad/keyboard - R830 Portege issue hair left to pull out In the past fortnight Portege R830 - Trackpad/keyboard issue a problem has developed with the trackpad - and possibly my keyboard Here are some of the symptoms The cursor Portege R830 - Trackpad/keyboard issue on the screen will suddenly freeze I can leave the laptop and it's working come back and it's not If I type on the keyboard can just touch the keys or I could be typing in a document and the cursor may freeze again During this event the small 'mouse trackpad' on off icon flashes briefly on the screen If I hit another key literally anywhere on the keyboard a number of times no pattern to the number the icon may cycle and the cursor will move and then freeze again It's as if every key on the keyboard is somehow performing the role of the FnF key Unfortunately I did take the laptop on a business trip recently and this time when the laptop booted - the cursor was frozen and no amount of considered or random button pressing got it going It was a battery out job That scared me If I connect a USB keyboard and mouse then pressing keys on that external keyboard does not cause the cursor to freeze But it might do anyway - as described at above The F key will unfreeze the cursor I guess turn the trackpad back on - but it won't be long before it cycles back off again I've not dropped the laptop There's nothing physically wrong with it The battery holds charge and it boots successfully I've made no hardware changes in the past month The only button on the keyboard that doesn't seem to work is the mouse trackpad on off button just above the space bar This does feel slightly depressed - but I think this is how it's always been Fiddling with it makes no difference to this bizarre and erratic behaviour But maybe this is relevant So what have I tried Reinstalling the trackpad driver Synaptics Reinstalling the TVAP added value package I've even tried re-imaging the HDD back to one from recently - and one just after I bought the laptop back in That should have solved it if it was a software driver issue - but it didn't One thing I haven't done is venture into BIOS Maybe there's something in their Under Device manager all the hardware is listed - no warnings at all There seem to be no IRQ conflicts either Could this be a hardware problem I seem to read that the keyboards on R are pretty prone to damage stopping working One popular auction site in the UK has sellers that claim to have sold in excess of That's a lot of R s that have had new keyboards I also know that replacing one is a pain so I'm hoping it's not this Has anyone got any suggestions It is driving me bonkers I have Googled extensively and can't come-up with anything There's the usual raft of people who are trying to find how to turn the trackpad on or off - but none seem to be grappling with the Laptop doing it for them Help

A:Portege R830 - Trackpad/keyboard issue

Hi

According to your issue description it sounds like the touchpad would be disabled automatically.
As you already mentioned, the touchpad could be enabled and disabled using the function key combination FN+F9

Since you?ve got also some keyboard problems, my theory is that there is some keyboard problem which might be responsible for the touchpad ON/OFF issue.

What do you think about this theory?

I don?t think that there is a software problem because as you already reset the system to early time point (factory settings???). Therefore I think the software conflict cannot be the reason for that?.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79693-Portege-R830-Trackpad-keyboard-issue
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi months ago my home laptop got infected with a nasty little piece of malware I could not login to windows neither regular Suspected and Trackpad disabled Keyboard malware nor safe mode since both the keyboard and the trackpad were disabled Keyboard worked fine on Bios menu but was somehow Suspected malware disabled Keyboard and Trackpad disabled when Windows Suspected malware disabled Keyboard and Trackpad booted An IT guy helped me bypass the windows login screen with some weird software But once inside we were unable to re-activate the keyboard and trackpad we could use an external mousse though Avast Antivirus was also not working We noticed a couple of unfamiliar folders in the C drive that we could not remove even with Admin privileges We were only able to rename them they are now the following C found k and C found j I booted the computer with an Avast Rescue USB and it detected infected files but the log did not mention any specifics Avast could not clean the files so all of them had to be deleted Next time I booted Windows I could fix the keyboard and trackpad drivers and successfully re-installed Avast I ran Avast boot-time Scan and it found the following File C Program Files x Free Empty Folder Delete unins dat is infected by Win Bundlore-E PUP The file could not be fixed so it had to be moved to the chest It is worth mentioning that I have no recollection of downloading this quot Free Empty Folder Delete quot program Moreover I am not sure how the infection occurred in the first place since I do not recall visiting any risky sites I have plugins that assess sites' risk nor opening a dangerous attachment nor inserting an unfamiliar USB Since the infection I have minimized the use of this laptop and have avoided login in to any of my sensitive online accounts I am now thinking of moving my stuff out of this laptop and reformatting its hard drive But before that I would like to make sure that all my files are clean both from the infection and from the IT guy's hacking software so as to avoid spreading an infection to my other computers Any help with this issue will be very much appreciated Thanks in advance Francisco DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Fran at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E FW avast Antivirus Enabled F FC -F D- D E- A E- DA C EAF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system ibmpmsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system AEADISRV EXE C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k utcsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files x Samsung AllShare AllShareDMS AllShareDMS exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C... Read more

Relevancy 78.69%

Please help My laptop is Hp Envy M6 W106dx, Yesterday my laptop BIOS was updated to  F.23 version and after that update keyboard and trackpad of my laptop is not working. I have tried every thing but it is not working. It works perfectly at the startup and in the BIOS menu but do not works after the windows launch up. I have refreshed the windows, removed the drivers of keyboard and trackpad and then reinstalled but they are not working. In the HP startup component test the are working perfectly but not working in the windows.Please help me and guide me.

A:Keyboard and trackpad not working after bios update

Hi, One thing you could try would be to see if you can roll back to the previous bios version as follows. Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ). Select the Firmware Management option and then select the BIOS Rollback option. Regards, DP-K  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-and-trackpad-not-working-after-bios-update/td-p/5777146
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,I just got a new computer and the keyboard and trackpad isn't working. I have disinstalled the diver a couple of times and restarted it but it still isn't working. In the device manger section, and it says that it is working and plugged in even when it isn't. Does anybody know how to fix this? It is brand new and I need a computer!! Thanks in advance! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Ideapad-keyboard-and-trackpad-not-working/td-p/3454525
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with the search feature but so far haven't found any info. I figure to post while I keep looking.
So, I just received my CB 13 and it's a beautiful machine. But when I play audio, at or above 50%, the keys resonate noticeably. The higher the volume goes, the worse it gets. To me, that's totally unacceptable. I used a tone generator to help me pinpoint it and it appears to come from the keys. If I put my hands over the keyboard, it goes away completely. Remove my hand, and it resonates a lot again.
Has anyone experienced this issue with the CB 13? 
Also, the trackpad seems a little finicky. I had trouble click and dragging - it would go all over the place.
How does Dell handle exchanges btw? I hope this isn't a common issue across all CB 13s :(

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983451
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello Lenovo community nbsp First sorry for my english nbsp I start this post because my laptop Yoga - ISK have a big issue After a night in hibernating mode when i opened it - Yoga 700-14ISK not and working Keyboard trackpad the keyboard and the mouse was not working - I try to do fn F but nothing - I try to go in tablet mode and back Yoga 700-14ISK - Keyboard and trackpad not working in desktop but nothing - I try to reboot but nothing - I try to reinstall drivers for trackpad and keyboard and after reboot nothing - I try to go in the bios and wooooo the Yoga 700-14ISK - Keyboard and trackpad not working keybord is working at this point i m so happy i can do my presentation at work tomorow I leave the BIOS back in windows nothing What the f - I try to boot in Ubuntu with a USB LIVE nothing Oh my G - I try to FLASH the BIOS with the last version nothing - I try to reinstall Windows through the one recovery backup nothing - I try to empty the battery but guess what nothing nbsp I use the word nothing too much at this point and I dont remember what i did nbsp because ofcourse i try all google can offer to me as solution but NOTHING nbsp My theories - Sensor who detect switch beetwyn tablet and desktop is broken - Somewhere in the motherboard there is a memory keep a bad config and someone said me i should reset the CMOS but i dont know how i can do this witheout open the laptop and break the guarantee nbsp If somone have a suggestion or resolv the same issue please help me nbsp In advance thank for all your contribution and read my bad english so far

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-700-14ISK-Keyboard-and-trackpad-not-working/td-p/3455716
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a HP G62 notebook and running Windows 7 home premium. In the last few days, if I walk away from the computer for a few minutes, the screen goes blue (I assume into sleep or hibernate mode) and usually I can just move the mouse or press a key and the icons come back up but now, the keyboard and mouse do not work at that point and I have to do a hard reboot. Also, I noticed that when double clicking icons or webpages, the computer sometimes does not respond at all. Any ideas of what could be happening?

Relevancy 78.69%

Hey.

My Toshiba Laptop won't shut off. Whenever I press the off button it just puts it into Sleep/Hibernation/Power-save. Whenever I fold down the laptop it puts it into Power-save mode as well. There's no way of shutting it off! I leave it on so the battery will run out and it goes into power-save!

The keyboard and mouse-pad won't respond and it's stuck in the login screen! There's no way to turn it off or to fix this problem!

Someone please help!

A:Toshiba Laptop; Keyboard and mouse not responding at Log-in screen

the model of laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-not-responding-at-log-in-screen.83830/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have HP G60-530US.I read all the posts that talked about updating the BIOS and then doing a hard reset by taking the power cable out and talking out the battery out and then either hitting the power button for 1 minute or just leave the computer for several minutes. Many people seems to have solved their problems.  Not me.I updated the BIOS and also did the hard reset like 10 times.  What other options are there?I have Windows 7-64bit.  This problem occured after I did the 4/11/13 or 4/12/13 windows updates.The power button, wifi button and the mouse on/off buttons are the only ones that seems to be working. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Laptop Keyboard and Mouse Not Working (Updated the Bios and ...

Hi, Go back into Device Manager, right click the device and select Uninstall - when this has completed, restart the notebook. Any change? Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Keyboard-and-Mouse-Not-Working-Updated-the-Bios-and/td-p/2548403
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Gateway NV53 laptop running Windows 7 and I am having issues with the keyboard and mouse no responding. When i connect an external mouse and keyboard, I can click on an icon but it immediately goes to the last icon on the bottom of the page. Also when I open the start menu and click on a folder it immediately goes to the bottom of the list. Is there a way to reset the mousepad and keyboard to make them function correctly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-problems-on-gateway-nv53-laptop.928114/
Relevancy 78.69%

Yesterday after restarting my PC to finish updates from Windows and installations from Autodesk and MATLab my keyboard touch pad and wireless mouse stopped working After checking the drivers I found that the keyboard and mouse drivers had a code So I did a system restore before all the updates Did nothing for the drivers I tried uninstalling updating the drivers didn't work Then I used CCleaner to clean up registry errors No changes Next I went into the registry and deleted the UpperFilter values for the keyboard and mouse drivers Code was gone for HID keyboard driver and the HID mouse driver But now the ps keyboard driver and the synaptics smbus driver now had a code After removing and reconnecting my wireless mouse's usb I noticed that fixed drivers come and go with it so I tried to find the drivers for the mouse to try a manual reinstall do... and Keyboard, Wireless Touchscreen TouchPad, Mouse Laptop for my mouse Couldn't find them Logitech's website was of no help So I got Laptop Keyboard, TouchPad, Touchscreen and Wireless Mouse do... Driver Booster to help me The program Laptop Keyboard, TouchPad, Touchscreen and Wireless Mouse do... said my PC had a lot of outdated drivers so I decided to let the program update them all in hopes it would fix both the code and let my mouse work again And that's how the touchscreen stopped responding Driver Booster had paused while downloading the driver for the Bluetooth as Windows Defenders stopped it When I tried to allow the download I notice my only method of interacting with my PC had failed I force shut down the PC in hopes that the problem would be fixed Didn't work So now I cannot use the touchscreen wireless mouse touch pad nor keyboard As far as I can tell everything else is fine I bought a new mouse in hopes it might be able to connect today it also failed to work So if anyone knows another way to input commands I would be very grateful I have taken my laptop partial apart before to clean out dust so if there's a way to fix this by taking the hard drive out please let me know I do not mind losing files While I would be sad over a few things most are backed up elsewhere If there is no way at all to do this myself advice about where to go to for repairs and estimated cost would be nice

A:Laptop Keyboard, TouchPad, Touchscreen and Wireless Mouse do...

UPDATE:Okay, I found that there was a way to force the PC into recovery mode without any buttons.I took out the battery, forced a shut down, and unplugged the power cord when I turned it on. After replugging the power and powering up, it went into recovery.Touchscreen and keyboard worked in recovery mode, was too excited to test TouchPad and mice.Anyways, I'm resetting the PC now. Hopefully this fixes it all.I'm somewhat leary of doing updates, however. Reading around online, some had this issue for their keyboards and mice due to Windows 10 hybrid shutdown and fast startup. I'm going to try to turn that off, update everything, and hope that fixes everything.Will update status later.Hope anyone having similar issues find this useful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-Keyboard-TouchPad-Touchscreen-and-Wireless-Mouse-do/td-p/5753441
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 77.83%

When I lock the desktop, the keyboard and trackpad stop working on my Windows 7 laptop. Therefore, I cannot unlock the system or change my password. Eventually, the screensaver start, and then if I move the mouse or hit a key, the screensaver stops, and the logon screen appear, but the keyboard and track pad are still not working. My only option is to press the power button. The same thing happens if I connect external keyboard and mouse.

It used to work just fine. Not sure what changed to cause this.

Thanks for any suggestions!

A:When I lock the desktop, the keyboard and trackpad stop working.

not 100% certain on this but it's an easy fix if I'm right.
I think the power management feature is messing with you.

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/178844-when-i-lock-desktop-keyboard-trackpad-stop-working.html
Relevancy 77.83%

So recently my Windows laptop went all wack and crushed into it s self so i went and pulled out one of my old laptops and booted it up to Windows problems Vista Toshiba keyboard/trackpad see if it still worked it is currently a Windows Visa and i plan to change the system soon anyways i started it up Windows Vista Toshiba keyboard/trackpad problems and everything ran smoothly till i got to my login screen and the keyboard mouse pad dont work so i decided to plug a USB connect keyboard and mouse in and those dont seem to be working either i havent used this laptop for a good years almost now and im not entirely sure whats going on even when i try to restore it i cant click on restore in order to do so any suggestions of any sort would be a great help to me either that or im going to have to take it in to be repaired and i just recently replace the hard drive in my laptop that crushed into it s self so i wont be exactly thrilled if i have to pay for it to be repaired Computer Toshiba Satellite L - Laptop System Windows Visa Home Edition Thanks Natasha PS yes i just noticed the spelling mistakes in the title but its an odd computer im currently using so not entirely use to it yet its a loner from a friend nbsp

A:Windows Vista Toshiba keyboard/trackpad problems

Laptop keyboard issues?

Hi, Could be one or more problems here, but for a simple test, if the laptop has more than one USB connector, try each of them, with the extra keyboard, as it's possible the first one you tried isn't working. I have the same problem with an old HP, two out of three don't work.
Try just the keyboard plugged in, not a USB mouse at the same time.
If you get no response from the keyboard in any of the USB sockets, then it's most likely that the Windows software is not 'seeing' the keyboard.
When you first power on the laptop, do you see the white text on black background, such as 'Windows Vista' etc, then it goes to the Vista login screen ?
If your laptop is the type where it has the same Windows on as it had when new, then you may be able to do a 'Factory restore', but if the keyboards won't work, then it won't be so simple.
If it was mine, I would try a Linux CD in the DVD drive, and see if it works using that instead of Windows. That would prove if the hard drive is ok, and if the keyboard works (or not.)
If you don't have Linux CD, and you don't mind spending 5.99, you get them included with magazines such as 'Linux User'. If that does work, then you can save any files, mp3, videos, etc on the hard drive, off to a USB flash stick or external USB hard drive.
(It's not difficult, you just put the Linux disc in the drive and re boot the laptop, it will do the rest. You will end up with a different desktop, but it's not changing or using your Windows Vista at all, it won't damage it.
You may need to change the 'boot sequence' in the BIOS to force the DVD to be first, but it's fairly easy to do.)
If you find the mouse/track pad, and keyboard work, you will know the laptop's hardware is ok, and the fault really is with the Windows Vista software.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-toshiba-keyboard-trackpad-problems.179196/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, I have a HP Spectre x360, and whenever I try to put the laptop on its side to watch videos or read on my bed, it turns off the keyboard and trackpad even though the laptop itself is still in 'laptop mode'. It even rotates the screen. When it's on its side, it doesn't say that it is in tablet mode, but it does rotate the screen and only allow touchscreen. How do I make it so that it doesn't turn off the keyboard?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-Keyboard-and-Trackpad-disabled-when-turned/td-p/5657678
Relevancy 77.83%

Simultaniously my keyboard backlight, touchpoint and trackpad stopped working. They do not appear in device manager and reinstalling drivers did nothing. On Lenovos advice, I purchased replacement palmrest, trackpad, keyboard etc and fitted them successfully but this has made no difference. Could it be a power management issue? I've updated PM drivers. Motherboard damage? As far as I know no water or physical damage has occurred. 

A:Thinkpad Yoga (20CD) trackpad and keyboard backlig...

Also I've done various system restores and reinstalled Windows 8.1

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-20CD-trackpad-and-keyboard-backlight-still-not/td-p/3322781
Relevancy 77.83%

I purchased a Satellite S -B- N just a few months ago which came with Windows and decided to do the upgrade to Windows about two months ago Initially the laptop worked fine but over the past few weeks it has been having various issues with the keyboard trackpad and function keys Keyboard Sometimes the laptop will boot and the keyboard detects no input whatsoever A few restarts fixes the problem If I hold down backspace to delete multiple characters only one character is deleted upon a single click of backspace I cannot hold it down to quickly delete multiple words Trackpad Similarly to the keyboard sometimes upon boot it just doesn't work I am forced to use the keyboard to access device manager where I have to roll back the trackpad driver for it to start working again on next reboot Function Keys All top row keys on the laptop brightness volume track selection etc do not work at all I am able to hold down 'FN' and select an F key Function 10 Keyboard, S50-B-15N Upgrade problems Trackpad, Satellite - Win and Key such as F but other keys are completely unresponsive I have attempted reading forums for solutions and I've gone to Toshiba's driver page and installed all the Windows drivers for my laptop so far nothing has worked Is there anything I can do to make the laptop work properly with Windows

A:Satellite S50-B-15N Keyboard, Trackpad, and Function Key problems - Win 10 Upgrade

I have a similar problem. I've got the same model Toshiba and bought it in August. Not sure when the new driver will be released. If anyone has any idea how to solve this?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85938-Satellite-S50-B-15N-Keyboard-Trackpad-and-Function-Key-problems-Win-10-Upgrade
Relevancy 77.83%

I've had this total freeze problem for months but it just happens occasionally where the keyboard and trackpad just become totally unresponsive task manager won't come up CTRL ALT DEL does nothing the screen is still on just frozen it won't even system unreponsive freeze, total keyboard & trackpad sleep when I close the lid This is a HP dv with Vista HP bit SP all the latest drivers installed inc nvidia I've looked in the event viewer after rebooting each time it happens but can't see anything other than reports of the last shutdown being unexpected from me holding the power button down Everything total system freeze, keyboard & trackpad unreponsive else works fine I've run Avira premium for over a year on a standard user account so total system freeze, keyboard & trackpad unreponsive I doubt its a virus as that says everything is clean as does AdAware I've tried 'reliability and performance monitor' too but that won't work - quot Internet Explorer cannot download the system cannot find the file specified quot is the error message I get there So I'm a bit stumped really any ideas

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228272/total-system-freeze-keyboard-trackpad-unreponsive/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys, i have an issue with my Lenovo Y460p Everytime I connect my power adapter to the laptop the trackpad, keyboard, and power button just stop working or freezes. Then i tried to turn it off by holding the power button and it never turn off. I tried to restart too and all i get was just a dark screen (it's not completely black, you can still see it booting if you have enough light) but it booting just fine, i can still hear it's sounds (Windows 7 Boot Sound). But when i use it without connecting the power adapter it work just fine.Any suggestions of what could be causing this and the solutions to fix it? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y460p-Trackpad-Keyboard-Power-Button-not-working-when-connecting/td-p/3451797
Relevancy 77.83%

Help!My keyboard and trackpad on my Compaq Presario CQ60 notebook are not responding and don't have any external devices to see whether this is an internal matter. Cannot restart in Safe Mode as keyboard does not respond, however it allows me to type in my password to access vista! I think I have just locked the computer, but don't know how to unlock it, various forums have specified reinstalling drivers etc. but I am unable to do this with no working keyboard and do not know how whether I have pressed a combination of keys which have caused this. I am not sure whether this is a Vista problem or a Compaq/HP problem.Any help's immensly appreciated!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Keyboard and trackpad not responding Compaq presario CQ60

as far as i know, if you can type in your password on the log-on screen then the keyboard is working, if the problem would appear after logging in or it will appear when you are on your desktop screen then it may be an operating system problem or a user account corruption issue the keyboard would only be a hardware failure if when you turn on your nb, there will be no ligts on teh keyboard, capslock key will not lit or no response at all from the moment you turn on the nb for the touchpad, try to check if its off or on... if there is an orange light above the touchpad then its off, toggle the switch on that light to turn it to blue.. so before anything else.. TRY THIS FIRST!!!!1. remove the battery2. disconnect  the power adapter3. with no power supply at all, press and hold the power button for 1 min.. make sure it will be 1 min... in technical terms we call this HARD RESET.. this process would release static charges that might be contained on the power button bec sometimes those static charges causes harware malfunctionalities..    then it this step will not work.. do this...  try to go to safe mode by continually pressing F8 when booting (press F8 when you see hp invent screen), then you'll be directed to advance boot options... choose last known good config.. then it will boot to last known good settings.... please let me know if this will not work.. if not "choose repair your computer" on the boot selections.. choose keyboard layout as US.. then if asked for a username and password.. you can cahnge the administrator username to  your username then put in your password.. if you are not using any password leave it blank.. then choose start-up repair... please let me know if this will not work.. Hope this helps.....................

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-and-trackpad-not-responding-Compaq-presario-CQ60/td-p/71795
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys,
Basically what it says in the title, when I boot up in windows 7 my keyboard and mouse don't work, and device manager says that they "cannot start (code 10)". But what's really weird is that I can use the keyboard to get into BIOS and muck around there. Now where it gets REALLY weird is that when I boot it in Ubuntu (I have ~30 gigs partioned off for a dual boot when I need to fix something or I suspect that I have a virus) both work absolutely fine.
What's going on?

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi there I have a Labtec Wireless Desktop Keyboard Mouse Combo Now I know it says quot Desktop quot in its name for a reason but I d like to use this combo for my laptop if it s possible The combo comes with a Ghz wireless receiver PS Port a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse I connected the wireless Keyboard/Mouse laptop Solved: Connecting Wireless to Combo receiver to my desktop which is very close to my laptop Then I connected my mouse and keyboard with the receiver On the receiver there is a light called quot Act quot Whenever I press any key on keyboard or click my mouse that light blinks Solved: Connecting Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combo to laptop so we know the combo is connected to the receiver however both keyboard or mouse don t work I have Windows on laptop and Windows XP on desktop if that helps Also my Desktop is very close to where I usually use my laptop so frequency range shouldn t be a problem right Is there additional steps to be taken next I know you can use PS to USB wire but is there any other way Thanks for reading and I will await your answers nbsp

A:Solved: Connecting Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combo to laptop

In response to your report to have this thread closed; We don't close threads that are solved, however you can mark the thread solved yourself using Thread Tools located above the first post in the thread and if you wish to help others you may have the same problem, you can also post as to what the solution to the problem was.

FYI, the mouse and keyboard work with the computer or laptop that the receiver is connected too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connecting-wireless-keyboard-mouse-combo-to-laptop.901936/
Relevancy 77.83%

I think I hit "Function and F1" causing the mouse to stop dead in its track. WHen I plug in my cordless mouse to the laptop I am able to move the mouse but not using the mousepad on the laptop. I messed around with the FUnction and F1 again and can't get it to release. ANy ideas?

A:Solved: My Mouse is stuck :( Toshiba laptop -somehow I locked the keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-mouse-is-stuck-toshiba-laptop-somehow-i-locked-the-keyboard.917985/
Relevancy 77.83%

hi all, i'm running win7 here and was wondering if i can tell it to come out of stand by via the USB keyboard/mouse? at the moment, it only comes out of stand by or 'sleep' if i touch the actual laptop keyboard.

thanks

A:How to bring laptop running Win7 out of stand by via USB keyboard/mouse?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-bring-laptop-running-win7-out-of-stand-by-via-usb-keyboard-mouse.1028455/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a laptop Advent 7088, and it appears to have lost all input functions. Turning the computer on works fine, but neither mouse or keyboard functions. The laptop loads to Windows XP login screen, but again, neither the mouse or keyboard functions. I have tried plugging in a USB keyboard and mouse and still nothing. There is not PS2 port for normal keyboards or mice. Also which I find strange is, althought the option is there, I can not enter the bios, nor will any function key work to allow me access to other menus. Even with the USB keyboard in, I still cannot gain access to the bios or anything. I have tried resitting the ribbon cables for both the onboard mouse and keyboard. I have attempted to do what various other people have suggested. but seem to come up with nothing. Can anyone help at all?

Pete

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-on-a-advent-7088-laptop-stopped-working.661083/
Relevancy 77.83%

I already have the issue that when I put my E to sleep and wake it up again that the keyboard and touchpad do not work So I have disable the sleep options in the BIOS Now I run into different issues Yesterday I booted the laptop and it hang on the DELL logo After a while it stated that - External to - resons E5570 do display/keyboard/mouse work display, Black Latitude no keyboard/touchpad my EFI file would not be correct Force reboot and it booted straight to Windows What s more annoying is the fact Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work that the laptop boot the DELL logo is shown and then the screens go s black as if it s not connected SO it looks like it hangs BUT an external monitor through HDMI does work and show the windows logon The keyboard and touchpad also do not work External mouse and keyboard do work So pretty much I got a brick when I do not have external display keyboard and mouse available When I reboot the laptop it works fine again Am I the only one with this Loads of issues with the laptop and wondering if I just have a faulty laptop Clean Windows Pro install is done times Used the nbsp DELL Command Update to install all drivers and patches Issues keep existing

A:Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work

I have been spending a lot of hours in troubleshooting this week.
Diagnostics are 100% ok.
Reinstalled Windows 10 about 15 times.Installing drivers by hands, installing drives trhough the dell update management application.The issues keeps existing.
To sum the them up:- Cold boot (laptop is off) to Windows. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and they work again)- Resume from sleep. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and the work again)
After I got the laptop I installed 32Gb of RAM and an 512Gb Samsung 950Pro PCIE M.2 NVME drive.The drive should be support as Dell states on the product page and in the manual that PCIE with NVME is supported.
"Advanced features, like industry-leading M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe/NVME solid state drives, provide data transfer speeds up to 4x faster over traditional hard drivers. "
In order to get the drive visible and running on PCIe I had to disable the sata controller in the BIOS.This way the drive is detected in Windows as an PCIe NVME capable drive.
Just to verify if the issues I went back to default with the delivered 256Gb M.2 sata drive and 8Gb RAM.To install Windows I had to turn the Sata controller back on.
Installed the drivers manually updated WIndows and tested.The issues do NOT occur.
Retested by installing the drivers using the Dell Update Application.The issues do NOT occur.
So I figured out that the SATA controller somehow is the guilty part for all the issues.I mean when enabled to ACHI or RAID the sleep and non working keyboard/touchpad issues do not occur.
When disable the issues DO occur.

So DELL can you please tell me how I can fix this as you state PCIe NVME drives are supported??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675844
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Spilled about 1l of water on my entire laptop...
I wiped water from it, and turned it on. The only parts that don't work: Mouse, Keyboard.
What should I do?
P.S: In the BIOS the keyboard works(and other stuff before the OS actually loads)

A:Spilled water on entire laptop, mouse and keyboard dont work.

First and foremost ...... are you SURE everything is dry inside? I spilled about a half glass of water on mine last winter and it was a couple of hours before it was dry enough for me to even try it. In my case I was lucky as everything was fine. Have you tried a system restore to a point before this happened? (I know I know... but simple things first.) An sfc/scannow will check for corrupted/bad system files and possibly repair them, have you tried that? Heres a link to a tutorial on how to do that : SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300762-spilled-water-entire-laptop-mouse-keyboard-dont-work.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/