Windows Support Forum

HP Laptop not recogonizing Scan Disc 1gig card in reader slot

Q: HP Laptop not recogonizing Scan Disc 1gig card in reader slot

HP PAVILLION dv9720us laptop
Vista
Only recogonizes scandisk 1g memory card from Cannon camera after reboot.
If I take the card out of the laptop reader it does not show when I click on computer to see whether it is in the F slot
Removed all Cannon software and re installed from disc, but no change.
Can't find sollution and would apppreciate any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-not-recogonizing-scan-disc-1gig-card-in-reader-slot.789567/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Laptop not recogonizing Scan Disc 1gig card in reader slot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 91.16%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 83.42%

It looks like this new gig graphics card might be leaching a gig of memory from my on board RAM m/b. card off 1gig graphics stealing 1gig my another when I don t want it to I ve no need for such a powerful graphics card I don t play games but I ve 1gig graphics card stealing another 1gig off my m/b. just acquired an unwanted gig graphics PCi card 1gig graphics card stealing another 1gig off my m/b. nvidia geforce gb to put in my machine to replace the mb one that had a noisy fan I would be happy with or mb graphics but this was free and the noisy old card had to go Running on windows bit system with an AMD Phenom quad core and gig of DDR ram running on native x resolution When I look at dxdiag display it tells me that the total memory of the graphics card is approx mb When I look in the advanced part of the resolution display settings and goto adapter details it shows me that the total available graphics memory mb dedicated video memory mb system video memory mb shared video memory mb What s with the gig of graphics I only need if truth be told The biggest worry is that it might be leaching some RAM off my motherboard and I want the maximum RAM leftover to use not added to an already oversized graphics memory as it is It s a bit system so I was hoping for the usual maximum gig of my gig installed memory to be recognized and available to use NOT FOR GRAPHICS however in my system information it says Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB In my BIOS settings I have tried limiting the sharing of the memory using the options between and it got worse my total RAM available came down even more So now I ve left it on auto so my operating system shows recognizes installed RAM as gig So is my graphics card leaching off my m b RAM why is the graphics card showing as gig when it should only be gig and how can I get maximum RAM available back on my m b i e or close gig Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi nbsp I just reveiced my Lenovo Thinkpad x AL AAU with SD card reader integrated nbsp I inserted an SD card standard size nbsp and the card is read properly I Unable card - extract x240 - slot Reader to SD can access all the files and I can x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card write on it nbsp The problem is that I cannot extract the card from the x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card SD card slot nbsp If I right-click on SD card in My Computer and choose eject it says that it is safe to remove the card If I select Safely remove Hardware and eject media it tells me that it is safe to remove it but the card is stuck inside nbsp I read somewhere to press the card until I hear a click but I cannot hear any click nbsp Also the card is unreachable inside the slot I cannot grab it to pull it I can only press it a little bit with the x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card nail it goes one milimiter inside but I don't hear any click nbsp I have called the technical support and they were absolutely unable to help me They did not even know how the system is supposed to work so they just suggest to send back the laptop to be repaired and have a technician nbsp retrieve my SD card from inside The first day nbsp Can anybody with knowledge about how this system works let me know if I am missing something or if my SD card reader is faulty nbsp Thank you Solved Go to Solution

A:x240 - SD Reader slot - Unable to extract card

I was able to "fix" the problem.I had to use a niddle to remove the SD card, then I checked that something metal-ish was hanging inside the SD card slot so i push it to follow its natural position and then I tried to insert the SD card again.This time I could hear the click and when pressing it the SD card jumps out properly.PS: In order to replace the SIM card I had to poke inside the SIM slot hole a small screw driver and the SIM slot pulled out.PROBLEM SOLVED

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x240-SD-Reader-slot-Unable-to-extract-card/td-p/1483978
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, folks:
My laptop is HP pavilion tx2000. I just found the memory card slot, fingerprint reader, and touch-screen refuse to work. I contacted HP support, I was told to reinstall the updates sent from HP. but it is useless. today I was suggested that reinstall the whole system. it is horrible, does anybody have idea to deal with these problems caused by this junk OS? Thanks in advance.

Steve

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/220046-windows-updates-detroy-fingerprint-reader-card-slot-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Lately, My laptop is very slow in recognizing my usb stick, or my Hard drive (usb 3.0) or my sxs cards through my express card slot. It 's also slow in recognizing my sd-cards through my card reader. I have a very fast laptop. A lenovo W530.

I just started a while ago, and I can't get it to recognize faster . Everything else works just fine and fast.... but it takes up to 4 minutes to recognize these things.

Can somebody help?

Tx

A:Laptop slowly recognizes usb stick/sd card/xpress card slot

Hey tidri. 2 things come to mind if it previously worked. One is a reinstall of all the drivers for the mobo, and the other is a full AV/Malware/Rootkit scan. If everything checks out, a full format and an OS reinstall would be my third move.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-slowly-recognizes-usb-stick-sd-card-xpress-card-slot.199010/
Relevancy 68.37%

Okay I did something really stupid It was late I was Memory on laptop A215-S7416 MicroSD the Express stuck Satellite slot Card Card my in in the dark and I wasn t paying attention obviously so here s what happened I had a SanDisk GB Micro SD Memory Card that I was using in my cell phone I wanted to transfer some pics amp photos from my computer to the phone so I decided to stick it in the Express Card slot of my laptop Simple enough right Well being the incredibly smart person that I am I put the micro memory card in the adapter but it was the wrong one So my computer pretty much swallowed it whole I can t MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop get it back out Now I can t use the Express Card slot in my computer AT ALL because the old one MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop is still stuck in there You can t really see it but if you try to put another adapter in there it won t quot click quot It won t go all the way because the old one I lost is still in there waiting to be rescued haha So my question is How do I get the memory card out of my computer I tried taking it apart but I couldn t get the part of where the express card slot is so that was no good There s a way to do this I know I m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own Which is probably a good thing because I might mess it up again lol I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Any help is appreciated Thanks -Ashley nbsp

A:MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-memory-card-stuck-in-the-express-card-slot-on-my-satellite-a215-s7416-laptop.795517/
Relevancy 68.37%

Approx. how many pictures can be taken with a 256 mb Scan Disc memory card.

Thanks

A:Scan Disc Memory Card

Tell us what camera you are considering or at least the megapixels. That varies greatly. Some cameras will fit 125 best quality photos. You can lower the quality and/or size of the images and get twice that many.

My little pocket Casio would fit only 64 best quality photos on that sized card and I wouldn’t consider shooting less than best quality and full size in most situations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scan-disc-memory-card.604806/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work?  Thanks in advance for any answers. 

A:SIM Card slot in my laptop - what's it for?

The SIM card from a phone probably wouldn't work in the SIM slot. The SIM slot is for WWAN (mobile broadband) such as you used to see for USB 3G modems. Phones are typically provisioned differently with different options on the provider side which could prevent a phone SIM card from working properly in the SIM slot.The following document discussing the WWAN function of the notebook. You will need to contact a provider and activate the service to get a SIM card for it. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?prodSeriesId=3688868&objectID=c0108652...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/SIM-Card-slot-in-my-laptop-what-s-it-for/td-p/2693725
Relevancy 65.36%

So how do i use it?

IBM LENOVO SL510.

Ive put the sim card in but theres no software or option to use it. Do i need one of those mini pci WWAN cards? if yes do i just plug it in or does anything else connect to it. If no please let me know how i enable this feature.

Thanks

A:My laptop has a built in SIM card slot...

try finding in software that is provided lenovo

Try finding in softwares that are provided lenovo. Maybe you will see something related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-has-a-built-in-sim-card-slot.172476/
Relevancy 65.36%

My Compaq nx7400 has a pop-out tray on the left side, with 4 slots for memory cards - I think ?! I've tried loading an SD card into the tray & pushing the tray in - but without success..... Anyone know the correct way to use this weird plastic tray thingy ?? Thanks

A:How do I use the memory card slot on my laptop ??

Hi, I have a new G72-25OUS laptop, I'm wondering how to use the slot on the left side, that says SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD? I assume its to put a SD card in from my camera to upload photos, do I just stick it in and if so, how do I get it out? I don't have a manual, didn't come with one and can't find info in the help section. Hope someone knows how to do this. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-use-the-memory-card-slot-on-my-laptop/td-p/49651
Relevancy 64.07%

My old Soundblaster Audigy sound card was great yet now that I switched from desktop PC to my Toshiba L laptop I cannot for Expresscard Sound Laptop PCI slot 34 adapter card to use this expensive sound card anymore and have to put up with inferior sound cards Since I am still young and in the past did all my recordings with that card I searched for the possibility to connect that card to my laptop Today I discovered that it might be possible but chances are that I got it wrong From eBay searches I take that I first need to have this quot Laptop Expresscard quot Laptop Expresscard 34 to PCI slot adapter for Sound card which plugs into USB Express Card ExpressCard to USB Port Adapter for Notebook Laptop PC mm eBay which then plugs into this quot Laptop Expresscard To PCI slot adapter quot with PCI slots for the Audigy soundcard Laptop ExpressCard to PCI Slot Adapter Express Card to Sound Graphics Card eBay My question is Did I understand it rightly Will it work I Laptop Expresscard 34 to PCI slot adapter for Sound card hate to blindly trust eBay sellers Thanking you for your good advice

A:Laptop Expresscard 34 to PCI slot adapter for Sound card

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318934-laptop-expresscard-34-pci-slot-adapter-sound-card.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I have this weird problem with the SD Card slot or maybe it s some of the cards It won t read all the cards and sometimes it won t Problem Vista Vaio Laptop SD Card - Slot - read any The worst part is once it locked up my computer and then it wouldn t let the whole computer shut down Sometimes I have to unplug the compter to shut it down I thought all of this was coming from my camera so I bought a new one lol The new card that I m trying to use is a micro from my phone and it s in a ATIVA converter card My camera card is a SanDisk It will read it most of the time but sometimes it won t SD Card Slot Problem - Vista - Vaio Laptop I checked SD Card Slot Problem - Vista - Vaio Laptop to make sure all the drivers were ok and it said they are good to go All I want is to get pictures from my phone to my computer for cryin in the mud lol Anyway now and then it causes problems with doing ebay too lt I hope someone can help me Thank you Lynn in Oklahoma nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-slot-problem-vista-vaio-laptop.817309/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have Dell 1100 laptop that is running Windows Xp Home.

I use a D-Link G650 card to connect to the Internet. Everything was fine until yesterday.

It appears that my card is not responding--the lights on it don't come on when the PC boots up and even when the boot process is done.

My system tray shows the remark "D-link card not found" and I have no connectivity. I rebotted the machine with the same problem. I haven't reset the D-Link 624 router that I use to connect.

I tried another card in the laptop and I got the same results--no lights on the PC card and no connectivity.

Please advise. I hope it's not the actual PC slot on the laptop sice I don't have a clue about how to repair/replace it??? Is it part of the mobo on the Dell 1100??

Anybody have an idea or clue..
Please advise.
Thanks. Tony

A:Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop and PC Card Slot Problem?

d-link isn't exactly bad, but thier products aren;t that good either. my first suspect would be the card itself. can you swap it with a known good model or return it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1100-laptop-and-pc-card-slot-problem.35987/
Relevancy 63.64%

Lately, My laptop is very slow in recognizing my usb stick, or my Hard drive (usb 3.0) or my sxs cards through my express card slot. It 's also slow in recognizing my sd-cards through my card reader. I have a very fast laptop. A lenovo W530.

I just started a while ago, and I can't get it to recognize faster . Everything else works just fine and fast.... but it takes up to 4 minutes to recognize these things.I run windows 7 professional

Can somebody help?

Tx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-slow-in-recognizing-usb-cards-xpress-card-slot.1116507/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (RealtekŪ ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a gateway laptop with a built in SD card reader. When I ran XP I could insert the SD card and browse the contents and such w/o having to install any additional drivers. Now that I have Win7 this is not the case. Nothing I insert in the SD slot reads. The card continues to work just fine in my camera and phone.

Any advice on how to find what driver(s) I might need?

(the SD card I used to have was a 512mb by SanDisk and I have a 2Gb by Patriot right now, neither work).

A:SD card reader/Laptop

Ho there
I can't remember where I downloaded it from but the O2 drivers seem to work

this one might work. Unfortunately I can't remember where I downloaded my working driver from.

O2Micro Flash Memory Card Driver 3.00.zip - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

If this doesn't work try googling on O2micro or looking for their drivers directly.

My one however is called MS1_MPI_OZ128_FlashMemoryCard_Reader_Driver_v2.

(from O2micro).

Works on x-86 and x-64 (Vista too and XP pro 64 bit)

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/5338-sd-card-reader-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hi there,
i need to know which know which graphic card will fit for my computer. Ie i want to know which type: DDR ,DDR1 or ddr2 i bought my computer in 2007, but thats not enough to tell.
so please let me know how do i know which pci slot i have?

A:which graphic card slot do i require for my PCI slot

The type of memory doesn't matter, its the type of interface the computer supports among a few other things to watch for.

You likely have a PCI-Express slot, as long as it a x16 slot it doesn't really matter if its a version 1.1 or 2.0 slot.

Is this for your Dell or another computer? Whats you budget and what needs do you have for the video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-slot-do-i-require-for-my-pci-slot.921803/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey everyone I am having trouble with my Multi-Card Reader SD Card Reader I am trying to recognizing not my is Windows Reader SD Solved: Reader/ Multi-Card Card take pictures off of my SD card and put them on my computer I have lost my USB cord for the camera and can t locate Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader it at this time or I would Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader do that So anyway I put the card in the SD card drive and the green light does not come on I then open up My Computer and the drive isn t even listed I checked in Device Manager as well and as far as I know it is not listed in there either If it is then it is under a name that I don t recognize So anyway I would greatly appreciate some help in getting my computer to recognize my Multi-Card Reader SD Card Reader Also I tried these things from my Standard Account Here s my system information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION VIOLET Antivirus COMODO Antivirus Updated and EnabledClick to expand nbsp

A:Solved: Windows is not recognizing my Multi-Card Reader/ SD Card Reader

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-is-not-recognizing-my-multi-card-reader-sd-card-reader.1123454/
Relevancy 60.63%

This laptop came with vista 64 bit.  I reinstalled it to factory setting and installed windows 7 disc

I can't get my sd card reader to work at all.  I've read and done mostly everything I can find on other posts and I'm not having luck

p/n VH681UA#ABA

I'm not pc savy so any help is appreciated with simple clear instructions on what I should do

I did finally get a portable device to display in computer f:\ and it does nothing

In device manager
I do show a generic multi card
Realtek controler USB  computer device
USB mass storage

I don't see the realteck driver showing anywhere - maybe I changed it accidently, but it wasn't working either- even with updating it.

A:Old laptop that won't read sd card reader with window 7-64

Hi, Many older laptops won't read high capacity cards. But please try the following driver first:            http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_140783_1&swEnvOid=4063 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Old-laptop-that-won-t-read-sd-card-reader-with-window-7-64/td-p/5852041
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys, my dad just got a laptop and the card reader isn't reading any sd cards. The laptop is a Dell latitude e6500 and when I go to devices it says that the card reader is a broadcom ush model 5880. Its weird because it shows on my bottom right panel icon that it is usb connected and that it can be ejected but its inside, not an external card reader.

I thought maybe the driver is outdated and when I checked the devices properties it says that the drivers aren't even installed. I checked online but I can't find the driver either. I'd really appreciate the help guys. Thanks

A:Dell Laptop Card Reader Problem

Look at Device manager and from the properties find the &VEN and &DEV ids. From those you can get the drivers, although you should have them as part of the driver set supplied by Dell.
You can get them from Dell if you sign in to the Dell support site which is free but needs registration. Once there it will allow you to get all drivers and manuals using the service tag on the Dell. It will either get it from the connected machine or you can type it from any other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-card-reader-problem.1122540/
Relevancy 60.63%

First I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum but as it's kind of a general problem I didn't VGA, has card USB, Laptop problems suddenly with reader... know where else to post My old laptop is a HP Pavilion g -sp I bought it about and a half years ago and stopped using it regularly in november Before that the only problem it had was the headphone jack it stopped working so I just bought one of those cheap usb sound card adapters and it was enough Meanwhile more stuff started occasionaly failing for no apparent reason first the sd card reader then the vga connector and the USB ports all that on the left side of the laptop Besides the headphone jack nothing else was permanently not working and I thought that maybe something was Laptop suddenly has problems with VGA, USB, card reader... loose after I sent it to be cleaned up about a year and half ago Yet today the usb port on the right side started to fail too I don't know if it's related but as I was writing this it just had a driver power state failure BSOD while it was restarting it's unusual I don't understand much about hardware so I'm not sure about what to do is there anything I can do or I need to send it to somewhere to be fixed If so would it be very expensive

A:Laptop suddenly has problems with VGA, USB, card reader...

First thing I would suspect, especially in a laptop, is a failing hard drive. Yeah, I know they looked like hardware failures, but they all use drivers, and if the driver files get corrupted, then the devices won't interface properly anymore and will look like they are failing.

You should find out the brand of your hard drive, go to their website, and download and run whatever disk health checking software they provide.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62325-laptop-suddenly-has-problems-vga-usb-card-reader.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
Can I create a Windows installation image and put it on an SD card and then using the laptop's built in SD card reader to install Windows from there if ever needed?
Thanks

A:Can you install windows using the Laptop's SD card reader?

Don't think so... I have never seen a bootable card reader before.

Why not just create a bootable flash drive? Just as convenient
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/62131-can-you-install-windows-using-laptops-sd-card-reader.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I need to see if there is any troubleshooting that I may have missed My Laptop is an HP Dv - Windows operating system Home Premium My SD reader Built in has stopped working Here is a list of the troubleshoots I have tried Reboot Tried card on another machine and it worked so it's not the card Uninstalled all mass storage devices from device manager rebooted They re-installed but not as many as stopped SD reader Laptop card working there were before Located Realtek SD reader drivers for my computer on HP driver page and installed then rebooted Still nothing Banged on the chassis not really but ready to Called HP and found out that this is not covered on the extended in home service warranty I paid for I am at a loss I don't see anything about realtek devices in the device manager When I insert Laptop SD card reader stopped working the card it does nothing no noise does Laptop SD card reader stopped working not Laptop SD card reader stopped working auto launch no hard drive working noise either HP is telling me that the mother board needs to be replaced Really So that means no computer for at least a week and this is my work computer I just had an in home service to replace the screen because the pixels were going out and now this So if anyone has any more ideas I would appreciate it I know I can by a reader for but thats not the point this computer is not that old and I should not have to rely on external peripherals for something that is built in Thanks

A:Laptop SD card reader stopped working

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

I am very surprised that HP would not honor the warrenty. But Im not surprised at the HP failing. Try calling back and say your done with buying HP computers and its only a week old.

You could disassemble the computer to replace the SD card.

Manuals for HP Pavilion dv7-6185us Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Did you not find the drivers on HP's website or they didn't work when you installed them?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sd-card-reader-stopped-working-668199.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have just acquired an old Toshiba Satellite S2410-405 Laptop.In excellent condition except that the inbuilt SD card reader does not appear to be working.
It has windows XP installed. intel pentium 4.256mb RAM.processor 1.7GHz Hard drive capacity 20GB
Any ideas,am I doing something wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-reader-on-toshiba-laptop-not-working.884173/
Relevancy 60.2%

My problem is that I can't pop the SD reader slot open.  I have an Acer Aspire S7. I have spent all day looking for help.  I cannot push it in. And I don't want to pry it out.  My Acer has been sent to the repair shop 3 times within a year.  Keyboard issues.  I am gettiing frustrated.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

A:Can't open SD reader slot

rockystonecat53,

I am not fully understanding the problem. Are you trying to remove your SD card or the dummy card that comes installed to protect the slot from dust? If you are referring to the dummy card I was able to remove the one in our S7 easily using my finger nail and pulling the bottom of the card and pulled it out without any resistance.

If you are trying to remove a personal SD card then you should be able to pull it out with little resistance. The fit is snug but not to the point it should feel stuck.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Can-t-open-SD-reader-slot/td-p/263206
Relevancy 59.77%

I just got a Toshiba Portege R835-P83 laptop. It has a SD card reader but it is not working - in the Device Manager for the Ricoh SD Disk Device it says - "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I have tried downloading the latest driver from the Toshiba website but it still doesn't work. Anybody have any suggestions?

A:SD Card Reader Not Working, Toshiba Portege Laptop

Have you tried installing the driver in compatibility mode for whichever operating system was previously on the machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/205065-sd-card-reader-not-working-toshiba-portege-laptop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My SD card reader and USB ports have stopped working on my Dell Studio laptop running W8.1.

They still identify what's put into the ports and reader as the USB sticks light up and the computer goes bing when an SD card is put in, but they don't show up in Windows Explorer. If I put a cabled USB device into the ports, like the printer lead or a lead to the camera, these do work and show up in Windows Explorer.

Any ideas on how to fix this please?

Many thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56012-usb-ports-sd-card-reader-not-working-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My laptop doesnt have a memory card reader so I bought a USB memory card reader to be able to read my camera photos. I bought a standard run of the mill no brand memory card reader, it works perfectly fine on my desktop, when plugged in, the folder would run and open.

On my laptop, nothing happens (my folder autoruns for my external harddrive), and it doesnt appear in 'My Computer', I know it has been assigned g: so i run g: and I get this error message:

The file does not have a program associated with performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

I dont know what association to change or do when I'm in the control panel! I would appreciate any help! I really dont want to buy another memory card reader hyuk! Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-works-on-desktop-but-not-on-laptop.577401/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have had my ASUS G51VX laptop for a couple years now and it's still going strong. However, just recently the built-in SD card reader has stopped reading cards for some reason. When I pop in a card Windows will make the sound that a USB device has been plugged in and then a couple seconds later it will make the unplugged sound. The "Removable Storage Device" does not show up in Computer. I've tried looking through the Device Manager to find the card reader and re-install the driver, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I suppose it is one of the USB controllers. I've also tried multiple SD cards so I know it's not the card.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

A:Asus laptop card reader stopped working

Don't know If this will help, but I had a similar problem with my laptop (not ASUS though). I tried everything, ended up re-installing windows, which fixed it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-laptop-card-reader-stopped-working.183557/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I have an Advent QT5500 Laptop that I have been given for Christmas, it is second hand though and not under warrenty. It is running Windows Vista Home Premium.
The problem is that it will not accept any form of SD card that I insert without telling me I must format the card before I can use it. I agree to do this but then it tells me it can not format the card. Most irritating!
Has anyone any ideas as to what could be causing this problem? I have tried various cards that all work on my desktop. I have even formated one on my desktop prior to insertion in the laptop but I get the same result. I have also tried to update the card reader driver on line but am informed I already have the best driver installed.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advent-qt5500-laptop-sd-card-reader-problem.890433/
Relevancy 58.48%

All of the pictures on my digital camera got deleted. I have attached the SD card to a memory card reader and plugged into the USB port, because I hope to recover my pictures via a photo recovery software. However, my laptop is not detecting the memory card reader, although the blue light is on. When I click devices and printers, it shows up as a removable disk (drive E). Further, none of the recovery programs have detected my photos from the memory card reader. They either show drive E as having nothing on it, or don't even give drive E as a recoverable option.

How can i fix this these problems?

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14R, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit. The memory card reader is a Dynex 12 in 1.

Thank you.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All

I am running windows 7 32-bit.
My laptop is a PSLB9A-03T002 - SATELLITE PRO L300

Laptop Driver List: Support :: Toshiba :: Laptop :: PSLB9A-03T002

I have gone to the toshiba site to download the driver and when I selected my laptop model and windows 7 there is only 1 driver for the webcam. So I just went to vista because most of the time they work fine for windows 7 as well. I found the driver, downloaded and installed it but the reader still doesn't work.

Any idea where I might find the windows 7 driver or if the vista one is fine, how to get it working with the vista one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Toshiba Laptop (PSLB9A-03T002) - Card Reader Driver Missing

Hi there .. Usually the Vista Driver should work .. Try the one in the Link below ... How did you Install the Vista Driver ?
Satellite Pro L300-EZ1521 Support | Toshiba

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/336457-toshiba-laptop-pslb9a-03t002-card-reader-driver-missing.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have a question about SD Card Readers I have one the Realtek Card Reader SD an Reader need Card Does 2.0 Driver? where you insert the SD Card and plug in a USB cable to connect it to the computer Does Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver? the SD Card use a USB Root Hub to Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver? connect or does it use the Realtek Card Reader My real question is if I had accidentally uninstalled my Realtek Card Reader built into the computer will an SD Card Reader connected by USB be able to read the SD Cards Also is there a way I can prevent SD cards from being read through a reader on my computer without uninstalling a USB Hub Driver Like specifically prevent new Drivers from being installed or prevent new SD Cards from being recognized Such as using a free downloadable tool that someone may know about I have tried going to Devices and Printers right clicking on my PC Device Installation Settings then turning off automatic driver installs After I do that and plug in a new device it still auto installs the drivers and can use it

A:Does an SD Card Reader need the Realtek 2.0 Card Reader Driver?

Disable the driver, through Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/344662-does-sd-card-reader-need-realtek-2-0-card-reader-driver.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Windows 7 SP2 Intel desktop PC.
I have a weird 3? slot internal USB card reader problem.
All SD and mSD cards (last with adapter) are recognized normally as storage devices except one Sandisk Extreme Pro 8GB micro SD, which worked normally until 2 weeks ago but still works normally with other external USB card reader.
With internal USB reader all SD cards used to be drive L: and still are L:, except this Sandisk Pro.
When this Sandisk mSd card is inserted nothing happens and looks like Windows considers it as nothing or something else but not a storage device.
Nor computer storage manager doesn't see it in internal card reader.

But when I use external card reader, this Sandisk SD card works normally and is given a letter S:.

It looks like some kind registry numerator of USB devices has listed this SD card ID as not storage device.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

A:SD card stopped working in old reader while reader and card are OK

If it were in the registry as not a valid device, it wouldn't work from the external reader, either. I would check to make sure that you don't have dirty contacts in the internal reader. Sometimes dust can get in there and raise havoc, especially on some SD cards which have more active contacts than others. One dirty contact can make one card not work, while other, low density cards, will.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340058-sd-card-stopped-working-old-reader-while-reader-card-ok.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have tried to download some pictures to my Dell Inspiron MT560 from an SD card, using the in-built multi card reader. The reader did not recognise the card and after several attempts I viewed the properties in Device Manager.
For some reason, although drivers for other cards appear, that for the SD card ( and MMC?) does not show at all, even in hidden devices! I am at a loss how that could be and how to rectify problem. Can anyone help please?
In case it is relevant here is info gathered. Generic Driver volume for the other card varieties is
6.1.7600.16385(win7_rtm.090713-1255) and specifically for the SD card USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_Generic-&Prod_SD/MMC&Rev_1.00\058F63626420&0

A:Found generic reader for SD card in 19in 1multi reader AWOL

Embarrassment squared! My failing brain forgot System Restore.

Basic problem is still to be solved though: the card reader will not recognise the SD card. Hope you'll still help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/360566-found-generic-reader-sd-card-19in-1multi-reader-awol.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i have done a lot of googling and i still don't understand what are they good for but i have a feeling they r some sort of old data storing devices like the floppy disks. anyway here is the picture of the smart card reader http://www.mega.pk/items_images/4962Dell_Latitude_E6420_496a.jpg its the long horizontal slot . i read a lot of confusing topics of people talking about smart cards of phones and cameras , im interested in knowing what the laptop smart card reader is good for , or the other thing the pcmcia ,

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello guys first let me say I am NOT a techy I use a p c a lot but I do not really understand much of the technical workings hence this question For no quot apparent quot reason my disc thingy on the puter is not even registering that I have put a disc in I cannot run my newly purchased Kaspersky nor will it play a dvd or even when I went for a total re install of my windows disc just absolutely nothing I have have run all of the on line suggestions like checking registry and looking reader failure! Disc for errors and re Disc reader failure! installing the drivers etc but nothing all of the auto checks say everything is working o k Also None of the gadget icons will show on the desktop it appears as a white square or says it is not installed To say I am fed up with windows would be an understatement I am truly fed up with keep on chasing faults and correcting errors I spend more time correcting errors and running this thing to the repair shop than I do using it The techy bits I know it is an Asus desktop running windows Disc reader failure! it is bit and running from a genuine windows start up disc nbsp

A:Disc reader failure!

Go to Control Panel - Device Manager

Click the + in the DVD/CDROM Drives heading.

What's the exact description(s) listed there?

---------------------------------------------------------

Click Computer to open its main window.

What are the drive letters and drive names listed there?

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disc-reader-failure.1098082/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Mac formatted external hard drive, and I can't read it on my PC (for obvious reasons). Is there a freeware program that will allow me to copy data from the hard drive onto my PC?

Truthfully, I already retrieved the data using a Demo of MacDrive 5 Test Drive, so I'm good in that department, I'm just looking for something in FREEWARE, so I have the option in the future.

Anybody have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeware-mac-formatted-disc-reader-for-pc.237332/
Relevancy 53.32%

Yeah, I am looking to buy the LITE-ON Black 4X BD-ROM SATA Internal 4X Blu-ray Disc Reader Model iHOS104-08 from Newegg.com and my motherboard only has an IDE connection on it. Is there some sort of Sata to IDE cable that would work flawlessly or should I not even bother to attempt it? Thanks.

A:Lite-On Blu-ray disc reader Sata

If the computer doesn't have SATA connections, is it even capable of playing Blu-ray movies? You need HDCP compatible connections and display. You also need software to play the movies. I don't know of any such free applications.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lite-on-blu-ray-disc-reader-sata.873985/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have found that my games that were downloaded to the computer were corrupt and unplayable so I uninstalled them and now my computer won't read CD games just DVDs I am figuring it may be the disc reader Or is this something that could be a virus type of situation or a setting on my computer reader error disc Computer I may have flipped Maybe a setting I have selected that I can unselect so my computer reads games or maybe a program I have is blocking my computer from reading the discs Audio CDs work which is my one reservation about it being the reader Also the fact that the same disc slot reads DVDs Computer disc reader error and Computer disc reader error games CDs For example I have tried discs of several games I previously installed and played with on this machine as recently as a month ago I have had the computer and Windows for over years Just wondering if this is something anyone has heard of before or if I need to buy a new disc reader or computer Thanks for your help

A:Computer disc reader error

Try running the "Fixit" on this Microsoft page: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494135/computer-disc-reader-error/
Relevancy 52.89%

just received my new stream 11.  have barely unpacked it yet! quesition: I know that there's a slot for a memory card - I almost never use a camera, so I'm not totally familiar with that technology.   Can anyone tell me what kind of card goes with that slot?  What's the maximum capacity? thanks! w

Solved!
View Solution.

A:which card should I buy for the memory card slot on HP strea...

Yes, that will work. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/which-card-should-I-buy-for-the-memory-card-slot-on-HP/td-p/4834450
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi. I have recently aquired a very old computer (8-9 years old). I am looking at replacing the old agp graphics card because it is not working properly and then sell the computer for quite a low price. Any way.

I have looked in the case and took the card out and I belive that the graphics card slot is agp 2x. The card has two slots in it leading me to belive that it is a universal 1.5v 3.3v card. I am just wondering what cards my computer would accept and whether a 4x card would work ok in a 2x card slot.

Any help apreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 52.46%

The DVD reader is recognized by my computer, no yellow warning triangle on disk management. But when I put a disc in it takes forever trying to read the disc, if I click DVD drive in computer it'll just get stuck there until I remove the disc.
Tested the DVD reader on another computer and it works fine. I even tried the deleting upper/lower filter registry but I don't see them there.

Microsoft fix it just gets stuck at "Checking CD/DVD device filters...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7234e7a9-0673-4cda-8856-642e034e01c4/working-dvd-reader-is-not-reading-disc-on-my-win7-pc?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.46%

I have DISC My read CD/DVD inside. won't with new reader restarted unless a CDreader Writer DVDreader optical drive that has been working fine for about a year meaning it reads both CD s and DVD s beautifully as well as burnes CD s ok Earlier today it simply refused to read a CD I placed inside it I tried using a DVD I knew worked I just watched the movie on it last night and even then it refused to recognise the new DVD When I restarted the drive recognised it My CD/DVD reader won't read unless restarted with new DISC inside. meaning when I looked in My Computer the correct title of the movie was displayed as the Label of the DVD But when I tried swapping the disks it simply kept thinking that it was still the Movie DVD leading to an error My CD/DVD reader won't read unless restarted with new DISC inside. when my PowerDVD tried to read the Data CD as a movie When I rebooted once more the PC finally recognised the data CD and works just fine-- unless In try a different disk Then I have to reboot again while the new Disk is inside I just recently My CD/DVD reader won't read unless restarted with new DISC inside. updated to Kaspersky internet Security though I doubt that s the cause of the problem Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:My CD/DVD reader won't read unless restarted with new DISC inside.

check and try this:
How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP)

Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.
Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.
Select the AutoPlay tab.
Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.
Select OK.
How To Enable Autorun for Other Removable Media

Autorun can be enabled or disabled for all Removable media types, such as a floppy or Zip disk. Windows systems are configured to enable CD Notification, other removable media are by default disabled.
The System Properties User interface only exposes the CD Enable or Disable selection. The setting reflected in this dialog makes an entry in the System Registry. It is in this same location that other media types are configured.
Notes:
Modifiying the Registry is not for the inexperienced user. Anyone will tell you, be VERY careful.
The modifications made in this case use Hex not Decimal numbers. If you are unfamiliar with the Registry or the characteristics of base numbering and Hex, studying these topics prior to making these modifications is advisable.
To Modify these Registry Settings, Use Regedit and navigate to the following Key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Windows
CurrentVersion
Policies
Explorer
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"
​ The default value for the setting is 95 0 0 0. Change the first byte to 91. Restart the computer to make the new setting take effect. You may have to right-click on the floppy and choose AutoPlay from the menu to see the AutoPlay behavior.

http://www.google.com/search?q=enab...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-cd-dvd-reader-wont-read-unless-restarted-with-new-disc-inside.733438/
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok about a month ago our cd drive wouldnt close itself what i mean is that when you pushed the little button the tray would pop out and you put the disc in but the tray wouldnt retract when you pushed the button again So we had to push the tray in by ourselves And the cd drive wouldnt read offs*help!* Audio Really reader Disc Strange turn and the disc it would make a spinning sound but nothing would happen So we were all pretty mad b c the computer was only years old and not alot of junk on it So we left it Just a few days ago my brother notices there was no sound If we tried to play music or video from windows media or anything we got a little message that said quot cannot play because of problem with Really Strange Audio and Disc reader turn offs*help!* your sound device quot Even on MSN messenger when a person logs in all you hear is a little quot blink quot from the area where you put cds and stuff inside but our cd drive worked we could put in Cds and it would read them WE DID ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO FIX IT So it seems that the cd drive problem replaced itself with the audio problem which the audio sound device has always been perfect before Does anyone know how to fix this Or what caused this Could it be a virus Your help would be GREATLY appreaciated Thanks for your time Nevie

A:Really Strange Audio and Disc reader turn offs*help!*

did anyone go inside the case and change any cables, hardware or jumpers? Have you loaded any recent driver updates for anything from the video card all the way to a new printer? If you have online access go to www.trendmicro.com and try the free online virus scan. the link is right in the middle of the page and you have to jump through a minimal set of hoops to scan your box. The only trouble might come from needing the latest JRE (Java Runtime Environment) but if you are using XP that should not be an issue.

take you time, these things have a lot more patience built in to them than I do on some days...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/7677/really-strange-audio-and-disc-reader-turn-offshelp/
Relevancy 51.6%

I lost my blank disc reader slot -- the piece of plastic that replaces the disc reader for my laptop, and I'm wondering where can I get another one.I don't need a new actual disc reader too.If there's a part number, please help me find it and let me know where should I go to order that specific new part.Thanks.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E5-571p-55TLL-lost-the-blank-disc-reader-wondering-where/td-p/436593/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,
I can't fine the scan disc option in:
Start > All Programs > Accesories > System Tools.
there is no "Scan Disc option, now am i just stupid and not knowing that another option is scan disc, but in other words, or dont i have it?

A:Scan Disc

It's called checkdisk now in Win XP.This should help.How to perform disk error checking in Windows XPhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265/en-us

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50052/scan-disc/
Relevancy 51.6%

When tring to use scan disc my computer will freeze up and I have to restart.
Have you seen this problem and what can I do to fix it.

A:scan disc

Attached Sites may be helpful:

http://9337387.home.icq.com/main2.html

http://9337387.home.icq.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scan-disc.258384/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a corrupted file and want to run scan disc to see if it will fix it-I don't think it will though-I believe I tried this a long time ago and it said I needed to install my disc and run system file checker but I don't have the original disc. I've not been on the computer for about three years and am so rusty I can't even remember where scan disc is in this operating system. Thanks in advance for any help and advice-I've tried to download Combo fix but my Norton Security system keeps blocking it so I'm trying to work this out. I have XP Pro and am having a lot of problems.

A:Where is "Scan Disc" in XP Pro?

What brand of computer do you have ?On some computers like my HP when you boot it up at the 1st screen it possibly says something like ( F1- boot menu F2- Setup F10- System Recovery )You can possibly go into system recovery and have an option to repair or even restore your system to its original state.Some computer manufacturers partition a section of the hard drive for this, rather than send an Install/repair disc with the computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352447/where-is-scan-disc-in-xp-pro/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Fuji Xerox printer, type CM205f. Everything worked normally, including scanning from the printer to computer/USB.

This morning, I installed Acrobat Reader DC, and printed out some pdf files. Afterwards, I wanted to scan from the printer to computer (USB connection), but the scanning function did not work anymore. It seemed as if it had no connection to the PC anymore.

I used the Fuji Xerox software (Express Scan Manager) to set up the connection to the PC again, but afterwards it still did not work.

The only thing that I can think of is the installation of Acrobat Reader DC. Is it possible that this installation is the cause of the problem? If yes, what should I do to get the scanning function back?

Thanks for all the help.

A:Problem with scan to computer after Adobe Reader DC installation

Try unplugging the USB from the tower for a few moments then plug it back in.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/41864-problem-scan-computer-after-adobe-reader-dc-installation.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have a "SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash" 4GB card and an internal card reader (HP desktop). When I insert the card into the reader, the green light above the slot turns on as if it recognizes the device, but it doesn't show up. Device Manager says that the driver is installed and working properly, and I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my computer. A system restore isn't really an option because it isn't my computer.

Any idea how I can fix this? Could it matter that I'm not on the Admin account on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internal-card-reader-not-recognizing-card-driver-is-working-properly-674442.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a PC with a built-in media card reader, and when I use the compact flash portion of that reader a certain program is always launched. I would imagine that initially I indicated which program to open. Is there any change to change that program? Thanks.

A:Program Association with Compact Flash card in media card reader

whats the program that opens up? And what are the file types?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-association-with-compact-flash-card-in-media-card-reader.443217/
Relevancy 51.17%

It also slows down my computer it appears - The driver that was installed automatically says 2006 IC USB Storage-CFC USB Device

this is the hardware ID

under USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE
USB\VID_1019&PID_0C55&REV_0100
USB\VID_1019&PID_0C55

And under one of the Tabs:
USBSTOR\DiskIC______USB_Storage-CFC_301b
USBSTOR\DiskIC______USB_Storage-CFC_
USBSTOR\DiskIC______
USBSTOR\IC______USB_Storage-CFC_3
IC______USB_Storage-CFC_3
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks all

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9738-generic-card-reader-drivers-installs-but-doesnt-access-sd-card.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Im not very tech savvy and it may seem a bit of a silly question. Can someone tell me if theres a secret to opening the SD card slot on my new HP Spectre X2... I tried to open it with  a clip etc but with no success. THank you in adv ance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SD-card-slot/td-p/5660791
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Vista Ultimate x installed on an SD Card Slot Acer Aspire laptop and it has a -in- card reader When I installed Vista I did a clean install and before doing so I wrote a list of the drivers I might need to get later like my graphics card wireless network card etc I failed to write down the -in- card reader so I don't know what model or anything it is but it doesn't work On my SD Card Slot device manager I have a section called quot SD Host Adapters quot with quot SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller quot underneath it I use an SD card so I would assume this is related However under quot Other Devices quot SD Card Slot I have three devices called quot PCI FLASH Memory quot and they all have a problem I would assume this is the card slot Any ideas what I could do Also does anyone know where I can get x drivers for a Synaptics PS Touchpad It works but the scrolling features don't work

A:SD Card Slot

I found the card was an ENE Technologies 5-in-1 card reader, and found a set of 9x, NT, 2000, XP and Vista drivers, and they work perfectly fine.

My only other problem now is the Vista x64 Synaptics touchpad drivers..

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/40939-sd-card-slot.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My sd card slot has worked fine on my 4 different sd cards since 8 came out, but suddenly all cards are read only (and work fine on other computer). So I believe it is a card reader hard/soft problem.... Any thoughts? Thanks

A:sd card slot

Open up Device Manager and see if there are any Yellow ! marks on any devices.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/54782-sd-card-slot.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i am looking at this sound card for my laptop
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102185

it syas that it is a PCMCIA Sound Card
Interface 32-bit CardBus Type II
is a dell e1505 able to support this card. i think the dell e1505 has an express card slot.

would the sound card be compatible with the dell e1505?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/card-slot.499348/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all,

I know this maybe a stupid question, but there might be a way that someone might just be able to help me, I hope :/

Anyways, I jsut recently bought a scsi cd burner with cable and scsi from a friend and went to install the card on my new computer only to realise that my motherboard does not have an ISA slot, which is what the scsi card requires

My motherboard is an Asus Socket A A7V-E board with 3 PCI slots free. Im just wondering if there is some way around this problem other than buying a pci card.

Maybe is there a ISA to PCI slot convertor or something out there?

Any help is greatly Aprreciated!

Thanks in advance, Lee.

A:No ISA card slot help

Nope!....ISA is ISA and PCI is PCI.....there is no converter for these cards. Where did you ever find an ISA SCSI card....must be an antique.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-isa-card-slot-help.76470/
Relevancy 50.74%

ordered a new GB PQI SD Card last week and got it today I put it in my laptop drive and booted up my computer I Slot! Sd Card clicked My Computer and saw it labeled as E Drive I clicked it and it wanted me to Format the card I formatted it as FAT because it kept failing when writing to Fat which I later discovered the card cant handle Fat So Afterwards I rebooted then reclicked My Computer and reclicked drive E When I did so Sd Card Slot! my computer instantly froze I could only move the mouse and minimize and close that screen THats I CTRL Alt Del and closed My Computer and My documents mysteriously opened without me knowing So I continued this same process times and if I let it keep going without control alt deleting then it says quot The file is corrupt or Unreadable Now I am guessing that my generic SD drive needs updates But am afraid of screwing something up so I wont try I figured that the card was locked or something but I tried it in different positions and the same result I actually dont own a digital Camera yes I know quot Im in the Dark ages quot but the card doesnt have a thing on it It is totally new and bare Is there a computer utility that I can use to reformat the card or something

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/64058/sd-card-slot/
Relevancy 50.74%

have an old xp2000,512 pc 2100, epox ep8kha board, pny ti4200 vid. my daughter uses it for online games. runs fine 99% of the time. randomly screen goes black. monitor light goes yellow computer doesn't shut down. reboot and will run for a while and do it again. tried an old agp ati 7000 card ran a couple of days then did it again. pretty much convinced it's the agp slot. is there any way to make it live again?

A:agp slot or card?

Check the capacitors on the motherboard. Around that era of ePox motherboards, there was a big capacitor scandal overseas, and many motherboard manufacturers mistakenly used inferior capacitors, which were prone to failure. I had to replace the caps on my 8rda+ and a few others as well. They're the little 'towers' on the motherboard, and if the tops of them are bulging, then they're no good. Here's a good picture to show the difference. Check all the capacitors on the board, they're probably scattered about in different places.

Other than that, if you really think it's the slot, then there's no real way to fix it, unless you can see a faulty connection somewhere. Socket A motherboards should be pretty cheap by now, or you might want to consider upgrading the whole thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-slot-or-card.680322/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys,
I seem to be a bit confused on something. Will a 4x AGP Ti4600 work in an 8x slot on a new mobo I'm considering? I'm just wondering cause I thought the voltage was different...The mobo I'm looking at is cheap, but I have to go cheap... http://www.pcchipsusa.com/prod-m848aluv21.asp

A:4x card in 8x Slot

the 8X AGP slots are backward comapitable with 4X. but I would think twice before buying anything from PC chips.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4x-card-in-8x-slot.10568/
Relevancy 50.74%

I need a new graphics card.My Mobo is an Asus P4S8x.While browsing through my BIOS settings(with a deep look of Puzzlement)I noticed I can set my Primary VGA BIOS to AGP or PCI.
Does that mean I could use a PCI-Express card? And if so would there be any advantage over using the AGPslot which is8X??

A:Use AGP or PCI slot for card?

No. You can use AGP or PCI (not PCI express).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-agp-or-pci-slot-for-card.43873/
Relevancy 50.74%

The PCI slot on the prodesk HP pc are not suitable for the lan card that I have

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/PCI-Slot-for-LAN-card/td-p/5686298
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I have read several posts about this so I will explain my problem in detail I put the correct SD Card in the slot of my new Toshiba Satellite Lap Top I have used it several times before without incident I know the card works it is the right size and out get slot Card SD Cannot of I have removed it before without incident So I Cannot get SD Card out of slot clicked safely remove hardware It said the device can now be removed But when I try pressing it in it doesn t release There is no release button or little hole like on DVD drives etc I beleive the Windows operating system may have some way to keep this from releasing while it is Cannot get SD Card out of slot in use I can not access the drive right now as Windows Explorer does not show it as being there This is most likely because I requested to safely romove it Any ideas I don t feel like going to Best Buy and waiting on line for Geek Squad Thank You nbsp Cannot get SD Card out of slot

A:Cannot get SD Card out of slot

There are no ways to lock a card in the slot by the operating system, it's just stuck. Have you tried using something like tweezers to pull it out?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-sd-card-out-of-slot.1134148/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an EMachine mn 2824 with a SD card slot on the front of the case. Today I bought a Canon PowerShot A400 camera. When I plug the card into the slot nothing happens. It works fine through the camera with a USB connection. What am I overlooking?

A:SD card slot

Is a light coming on when you put the card in? If not, the reader may not be connected, or it may have failed. Make sure you are inserting the card into the correct slot and make sure it is facing the correct direction. Usually the label is up. If the light does not come on you may open the case and see if the reader is connected to the motherboard.

Nothing is neccessarily going to happen when you insert the card - you have to go to My Computer, then find the SD drive (it's going to be E:\ or F:\ or something similar) and view its contents.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-slot.399348/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I was told to do a scan disc and defrag before burning CD's. Could someone tell me where to find these in Windows XP....
thanks

Nick

A:XP/scan disc/de-frag

xp doesn't have scandisk. to do a defrag right click on my computer and go to manage. from there there is a defrag option

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-scan-disc-de-frag.94910/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everybody!

OK, neither of these are working.

I click on scan disc then, it says something like it will come on next time I restart. I do this, and it comes up and just stalls around 68%.

Next problem. I go to defragment my drive, and it doesnnt work. It analyzes, then starts defragmenting andstops at 1%, like with scan disc.

Last problem, my msn. It is not loading up

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm looking for a way to do a scan via a boot disk on a system that is very slow and infected.

Is there a need to load the registry hive and scan that too? I'm looking for a boot disk that would do that - but things like BartPE take a long time to boot up on a slow computer. One of the Linux distros would be great - but I doubt they could work with hives.

Any ideas?

A:Boot disc scan

One of the Linux distros would be greatIf you are comfortable with Linux then look at Trinity Rescue Kit.It offers 4 AV scanners, but only two will be useful - F-Prot and BitDfender.(ClamAV is aimed at mail servers and the AVG version only detects, no removal)The PC will need internet access to install the scan engines and get updates.http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?wpid=1&front_id=12

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193726/boot-disc-scan/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello i hope someone can help me, when my pc boots up disc scan starts up then just goes off without doing scanning.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-run-disc-scan-home-xp-os.357344/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,in windows XP pro after i run Scandisk, where can i read the scandisk results??

THANKS robert.....

A:Scan Disc Logs

Should be in Event Viewer

EDIT:
First hit in Google

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/scan-disc-logs-135746.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When I try to scan disc, it keeps saying I have programs running. I control, alt, delete and there are 2 progams I cannot get rid of. One is called wsupand the other is wtoolsa, what are these? I tried to scan disc last night and could not because it said these programs were running.

A:scan disc and defrag

Your PC is infected.

These are both spyware.

Run the usual and try again.

AdAware
SpyBot Search and Destroy
CWShredder
http://www.winpatrol.com/db/freesample/wtoolsa.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scan-disc-and-defrag.253865/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm on a backup machine that gets very little use until the last few days. It has started freezing during scan disc at around 85% completed. This is whether I use manual or restart automatic.
Hmmmm......

Gads, I've been reduced to smileys.

A:Scan disc freezes

Morania

Scandisk might not be freezing, but having found bad clusters it reads/writes to them to verify they're bad, then find spare clusters and point the FAT to them. This could take a long time, depending on the number of bad clusters.

Run it again and leave it alone for, let's say half-an-hour.

If it doesn't carry through, then your disk may have serious errors, in which case you should download the drive utility from the manufacturer's web site and run it.

Firah

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scan-disc-freezes.131656/
Relevancy 50.74%

My Notebook ist a Satellite Pro L770-144 and the IO ist Windows 8 Pro 64bit.
The SD-Card-Reader recognize any cards. I had installed the Card Reader Controller from Realtek with the Version 6.1.7600.30126 an Windows 8.
But the cards are not recognized.
In Windows 7 it ??works.

Does anyone have an idea?
Greetings and Thanks
Leo L.

A:Satellite Pro L770-144: Win 8 card reader doesn't recogize SD card

Hi

First question:
Is card reader recognized in the device manager properly?
If its not recognized, then you used a wrong driver.

If its recognized, the driver has been installed properly and there is another reason why SD cards cannot be used.

As far as I know the card reader of Satellite Pro L770 handles different kind of cards and different sizes.
SD: 8MB-2GB
SDHC: 4GB-32GB
SDXC: 64GB
Memory Stick: 128MB-256MB
Memory Stick Pro: 512MB-2GB
xD Card: No
mini SD: 8MB-2GB
micro SD: 8MB-2GB
CompactFlash: No
SmartMedia: No

As you can see supported SD cards: 8MB ? 2GB
It seems bigger SD cards are NOT supported.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?72261-Satellite-Pro-L770-144-Win-8-card-reader-doesn-t-recogize-SD-card
Relevancy 50.74%

Microsoft assured me that my Windows 7 laptop (Latitude E6510) was ready to upgrade to Windows 10.  In a way, it was... but only after I upgraded did I see Dell's caution that this model was not verified to work 100% with Windows 10.
Almost everything works (sound didn't work initially, but I found a fix online that helped), but clearly new drivers are required which recognize and drive the PC Card reader, the SD card reader, and even the CD/DVD drive.  The CD drive won't even open when pressed, nor is it recognized as a drive by Windows 10. 
Yes, these inputs can all be accessed via external USB drives,  but please provide new drivers, Dell.  For those with this model on the fence about upgrading, determine how much you need these built-in readers/drive!

A:Latitude E6510: Windows 10 works, but not CD/PC card/SD card reader

I've just upgraded my Latitude E6510 to windows 10. Most of the drivers refuse to run as they cant recognise W10 OS. I suggest anyone thinking of the upgrade not to at this stage. The Dell Driver downloads area warns of this.
Right now I have a non working keyboard, mouse pad, backlight. My biggest concern is the Nvidea graphics drivers wont install so I have fuzzy text with some of my programs (not all).
I am surprised MS allowed me to download W10?? I'm going to waste another day trying to fix this up or I'm going to have to reinstall W7. Very unproductive-not happy

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19646626
Relevancy 50.74%

My laptop is unable to read my new 16GB Micro SDHC when it's plugged into a USB card reader. The card reader is a Digitus, model number DA-70310. My computers operating system is Windows XP.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Relevancy 50.74%

In the boot sequence the SD Card reader is third -- after the SSD and the CD/DVD.  It is third in BIOS and third after pressing F12 during POST.  With a card in the SD Card Reader boot fails with what I call a green screen.  When I ran the repair CD with the SD card in the slot, the message was that the boot sector was corrupt.  Why is BIOS trying to read the SD Card instead of the SSD?  The SD card is SanDisk Ultra II SD 4 15 MB/s 2GB.  Please let me know when a new version of BIOS is available. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990696
Relevancy 50.74%

My card reader on my compaq presario SR1050NX isnt reading my digital camera card. I have been useing it lots and today i put the card in the reader and the light comes on but the box to import the pictures didnt pop up and i looked under my computer (it is drive G) and it insnt detecting the card but i did yesterday.

Help me please

Thanks

A:My card reader isnt reading my digital camera card

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-card-reader-isnt-reading-my-digital-camera-card.385417/
Relevancy 50.74%

hiyall

do i physicaly instal front panel card reader and a usb 2 x4 pci card before 1st boot of bios and before new install of win 7 64 , or after ?
please and thanks

A:Install front panel card reader and a USB 2x4 PCI card before first boot?

Before. Did you get a driver(s) CD with the card reader?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-front-panel-card-reader-and-a-usb-2x4-pci-card-before-first-boot.175140/
Relevancy 50.74%

"The card supplied was not recognized. Please check that the card is inserted correctly, and tightly."

I ran some updates on an employee's computer and now when I start it up, I receive this error if the aircard is in the PC Card slot. I understand it's misinterpreting it as being a security card or whatever the case may be but I don't understand why or how to remedy it.

Anyone with a similar experience or that can shine a guiding light?

A:"The card supplied was not recognized..." Login issue w/ Aircard in PC-Card slot

What are some other good tech support sites? I work in IT myself and don't use forums for them nearly as much as I should.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-card-supplied-was-not-recognized-login-issue-w-aircard-in-pc-card-slot.659596/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all I searched but did not find any threads on a USB card So if I missed one just hit me over the head okay Now for the question I see lots of back panel USB cards for PCIe slots PCIe USB in x16 card slot? 3.0 But can you plug that card into USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot? a PCI-Ex slot AND have it work Or will they only work on a PCI-Ex slot Reason being I am looking at buying an MSI FXA-GD MoBo I want to use the second card slot X for my video card the fifth card slot PCI for my TV tuner card and the bottom seventh card slot X for the USB card Since this MoBo only has two rear panel USB connectors I am wanting to add a few more This arrangement will leave lots of room for air flow between cards If I put the video card at the bottom slot it will be right on top of my PSU and I don't want that Also any recommendations on which USB card to get The more ports the better Thanks USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot? Bruce

A:USB 3.0 PCIe card in x16 slot?

Hi there LindenBruce

Yes, you can.
It will not occupy all lanes, but it will function PROPERLY.
That was a very common question when PCI-e was first introduced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350139-usb-3-0-pcie-card-x16-slot.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an XPSL702X and an Inspiron N5510. On the left side of both these units is a slot titled: 
SDXC/MMC-MS/PRO. I'm hoping this is an "express card" slot, but it looks like a memory card reader/adapter slot. 
Can I utilize an express card in this slot? I need to somehow hook up 1394 firewire to one of these computers. Help!!!

A:Express Card Slot?

It is indeed a memory card reader -- not an Express Card slot.   Neither of these systems will take an ExpressCard -- about the only systems in recent years that had/have the option are Latitude and Precision models -- none of the consumer systems (Inspiron/XPS/Vostro/Studio) of recent vintage support ExpressCards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682926
Relevancy 50.31%

hey everyone! been a while since i posted, real buisy. my dilema is this. i placed an sd card in the slot of my pavillion to add some pics for one of those picture frame w/ sd card and h.d. so it plays a slide show on the end table. well i inserted the card in the slot, the light came on,saying it was in the slot but the computer never saw it. i clicked on each individual drive (f,g,h,i,j) but it dont see it.so i removed the card and the light stayed on. what is the deal? i may just be a dope, but i dont know. i updated the drivers and looked at the device mgr. and it said it was working properly??????????? i dont get it.

Relevancy 50.31%

I am going to buy a vpu and pci is all I can do, can anyone give any input on these?Apollo Nvidia FX 5700le,Geforce fx 5600 pci 256mb, Mad Dog Dominator fx5500,Pny fx5500oc 128mb,BFG Tecnologies Fx5200 256mb,280 htz.which one of these would be the best one,I cannot find any reviews comparing these. thanks webbfeet

A:Tell me the Best PCI slot video card

i think that the higher the #, the better the card. try comparing the prices of them. the most expensive should be thebest. from my experience, the 5700 le should be the best of those. im thinking of getting one myself on EBAY. :stickout:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tell-me-the-best-pci-slot-video-card.22614/
Relevancy 50.31%

hey im looking to buy a new motherboard and i was wondering if a pci-e can run agp cards?

if not, can anyone recommend a motherboard that have both pci-e and agp slots?

thanks anyone who's trying to help

A:can a pci-express slot run an agp card?

Given that a PCI-e slot and an AGP slot are physically very different, there is logically no way that a card could fit both?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-pci-express-slot-run-an-agp-card.324707/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a FujiFilm XD-Picture card, and I noticed for a while when I go to put my card into the card slots in the tower it would pop up a notice such as:

I guess what I am wondering is what is causing this message to come up? I always just exit it, and access the card a different way because when I exit the dialogue above another box pops up such as:

I guess my question is, what exactly does the Scan and fix mean on the first dialogue that pops up? Should this be done and does it have to do with the XD card itself, or the slot that I put it in?

A:XD card or the XD slot in tower?

All this message means is that the card was pulled from the PC or the camera at some point before a file operation was complete. It would be harmless and helpful to allow windows to 'scan and fix' on occasion.

Something else that would fix it would be to allow the camera to format the card the next time the card is empty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xd-card-or-the-xd-slot-in-tower.959849/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey! The integrated 3-in1 memory card reader does not recognize sd cards (tried two). Updated drivers/computer, everything. Installed the realtek card reader driver. Nope, still nothing. Have explorer show hidden files/empty drives, nothing.Both cards are recognized by another computer so it's not the cards.Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/sd-card-slot-not-working/td-p/5825948
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has tried this, I have a spare monitor and wondering what you think about doing this. I have an OLD ATI Graphics card (fits PCIE of course) and I know it will work but wondering if it's worth the effort. My 560ti has only a 2 monitor capability and just 1 other PCIE x1 slot is free just above the card.

So anyone here tried this? (I know this works if you do it right.)

(N.B. I have read the websites about how to do this, I am looking for personal, first hand experience.)

A:PCI-E x16 Graphics Card to Fit a PCI-E slot.

Haven't tried it.

I'm confused, though. Are you trying to fit a PCI-E X16 card in an X1 slot? I don't think it's possible.

You can certainly try an X1 card in an X16 slot. I've never seen an X1 graphics card, although I know that they exist.

(I've got an X1 soundcard running in a slot that is X16 mechanical, X4 electrically.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/283704-pci-e-x16-graphics-card-fit-pci-e-slot.html