Windows Support Forum

Solved: Maximum Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 core temp?

Q: Solved: Maximum Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 core temp?

I want to know if it's still safe to run my cpu under these tempreatures.

Currently my 2 cores tempreature are bettwen 55c-65c at 5% load. Room temp is about 36c.

Am I over the maximum core temp, will the cpu be damaged if i keep running my system and is this normal?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Maximum Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 core temp?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.7%

I did a check today on my computer because its been running slower than I thought it would when I bought it. When I ran the test it said I have 1 core working, and that the processor is at 2.36 GHz, not the 2.66 it should be at. I don't know why only 1 of the cores is working, so I was hoping one of u tech guys out there might know... Can anyone help?

A:Solved: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 with only 1 working core

Sure!

Can you give specifics on your computer such as make and model # and your OS?
(if custom built; motherboard model and model#, operating system, memory amount, BIOS settings if applicable..etc)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-core-2-quad-q8400-with-only-1-working-core.947536/
Relevancy 83.7%

I was just interested in knowing if my intel celeron D 335 2.80GHz processor is dual core or single core because on intel's website, I see that they make a dual and single core version but I can't determine which one mine is?

Thanks.

A:Solved: Intel Celeron D 335: Dual core or Single core

It's a single core.

There are dual core Celerons, but yours isn't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-celeron-d-335-dual-core-or-single-core.887587/
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi Dual i3-4005U A4-5000 AMD Core" Core "Quad Intel vs Core guys I've been looking at laptops they are basically identical but one has an Intel Core i - U mobile processor and GB of RAM and the other one has an AMD A - mobile processor and GB RAM The guy at the store and a couple other people I know told me that the Core i is better than the A as the AMD quot Quad Core quot processors aren't very good AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core so even though the Intel i is only dual core it will be better than the quad core AMD The other question is the RAM Is GB that much better than GB or will GB be fine for basic use That's all this laptop is for Basic use and touch apps since it will be touchscreen The AMD laptop is this one Buy the HP Pavilion Notebook - AMD A GB at TigerDirect ca And the Intel here Buy the HP TouchSmart Notebook PC - F W UA ABL at TigerDirect ca Last question what the hell is DDR L All the new laptops have it nowadays Is it backward compatible with normal DDR laptop RAM Meaning can I take a normal laptop DDR GB stick out of my dads laptop and put it into the GB i laptop if thats the one i'm gonna get Or does the DDR quot L quot part cause issues Thanks Edit Sorry i'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread If it isn't mods could you please move it Thanks

A:AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core

Hmm, I guess you should read some reviews. But just from the specs the AMD has 6 GB ram instead of 4. Has a DVD burner where the Intel shows no optical drive. It only has W8 8.0 where the Intel has 8.1. But some people may prefer 8.0.

Read reviews. See how each performs. If you don't wish to use it to burn DVD then the optical drive, or lack thereof may not matter to you.

Edit: Oh, and the AMD is about $80 cheaper.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43107-amd-a4-5000-quad-core-vs-intel-core-i3-4005u-dual-core.html
Relevancy 110.08%

When I idle my cpu temp is 40 celcius

When I play games my cpu reaches no higher than 75 celcius.

What do you guys think about these temps for this processor? Safe?

Relevancy 107.5%

my max temp on cpu stress test at 100 percent for all 4 cores is 60 c is that good or how good is that two of the cores is max temp is 60 and the other two cores is max temp is 55 c but having a max temp of 60 c is that very good i need some expert opinion

Relevancy 107.5%

Hi guys

I got my build up and running.
one question----
when I installed Asus Probe II on my PN5-D
motherboard----it showed my CPU temp at 51c
over last hour it has dropped down to 44c
just been installing software and updating new drivers in Vista.

what should be my CPU temp for normal surfing???
what temp should I set my CPU threshold at???

MB shows at 37c

Relevancy 107.5%

I'm planning on buying a Dell inspiron laptop. I am wondering what the difference is between Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo processors. Is it worth more money for the Duo when all I'll use the laptop for is Office applications and internet browsing?

A:difference is between Intel Core Solo and Intel Core Duo processors.

If you're using it mostly for applications and multitasking, then yes, the core duo would be a better choice. I would say shell out the extra money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-is-between-intel-core-solo-and-intel-core-duo-processors.494480/
Relevancy 106.64%

I'm looking at new laptops and would like to know what ppl think of the AMD Phenom II Quad Core Mobile Processor N930 VS the Intel Core I3 350M Processor.

Thanks for the input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-phenom-ii-quad-core-mobile-pro-vs-intel-core-i3-350m.933557/
Relevancy 106.64%

I have just about decided to go with the e but want to make sure one last time it is the right way to go These two CPU s are the same price According to most conroe X2 duo e6300 AMD 64 VS 4200+ ATHLON 2 AM2 D/CORE Intel core people the e left the in the dust in all tests I do however still like AMD What do you guys think The e Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE or the Even though both are low core speeds Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE and ghz respectively they still out perform a ghz pentium Is this correct I dont understand why a CPU with low core speed can outperform one with very high speed I was always under the impression that core speed was the main determinant of quot performance quot If anyone could clear this up it would be hugely appreciated Also for the same money I can buy a Intel Pentium D- CPU - Ghz MHz FSB x MB L Cache LGA Which of these is the best All help would be hugely appreciated Regards Korrupt nbsp

A:Intel e6300 core 2 duo conroe VS AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ AM2 D/CORE

Out of those 3, the E6300 is the best. Conroe's new architecture is so efficient, that easily outperforms Netburst based CPUīs (P4, PD, Celeron D), and even manages to outperform AMD CPU's.

You can see by yourself HERE. All Conroe CPU's perform excellent. And you can overclock them very easily, and that way, your 1.8GHZ Conroe overclocked to 2000-2400 MHZ will completely trash the other CPU's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-e6300-core-2-duo-conroe-vs-amd-athlon-64-x2-4200-am2-d-core.56593/
Relevancy 106.64%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford Ģ1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-motherboard-for-a-intel-core-i5-3-4-ghz-quad-core-bx80637i53570k-processor.195497/
Relevancy 106.21%

I have running TDA-ThinkorSwim Investing software which experiences periodic performance issues, which reeves the fan or Hard disk then locks up all performance until the TOS performance issue is acknowledged.  TOS uses an internal 7.0 Java.  typical
CPU usage is 30-45% but I have seen CPU surging usage as high as 119% with frequency at 132%.  Processing seems to halt, graphics halt or are severely retarded at best.  Using Speedfan software Seeing CPU temps. peak at 85C or 185F. 

On this higher end and equipped 64 Bit HP Envy Laptop, with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) Machine containing an Intel HD Graphics 4600 card.   

any suggestions on how to choke off these problems? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bedaad97-135b-4a63-8cd3-c7fd1d1c2c86/cpu-100-usage-at-132-freq-is-halting-intelr-coretm-i74700mq-cpu-240ghz-2401-mhz-4?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 105.78%

been noticing this over the last several weeks.....core 3 is always lower in temps than than the rest of the quad......any idea why?

A:core 3 of quad core CPU always lower temp?????

More than likely a stuck sensor, Bushman. I have one that's been stuck from day one. It stays at 40 while the other three are all below, but goes up when the temp goes up.

Kinda the nature of some quads. Nothing can be done, that I know about, but there's nothing to fear from it. Won't hurt anything, but I sort of like things to be accurate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/102931-core-3-quad-core-cpu-always-lower-temp.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Making the case for 6-core processors

PC Perspective - Intel Core i7-980X Gulftown Hexa-core Processor Review

The price will drop in short time, just like all of the rest of Intel's new processors!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275213-intel-core-i7-980x-gulftown-hexa-core.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Since I couldn't get specs on the AMD Turion in terms of cache, etc. (the Intel one in the title is 2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) I couldn't figure out which is the better processor.

Does anyone know? Is there also a website I can reference that can compare them?

A:AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-75 VS Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

check this chart out: PassMark CPU Lookup

since i personally prefer amd, id go with amd.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/273372-amd-turion-x2-dual-core-rm-75-vs-intel-core-2-duo-t6600.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Since I couldn't get specs on the AMD Turion in terms of cache, etc. (the Intel one in the title is 2M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) I couldn't figure out which is the better processor.

Does anyone know? Is there also a website I can reference that can compare them?

A:AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-75 VS Intel Core 2 Duo T6600

both Intel and AMD have processor specifiction sheets on their websites, give them a try

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/72462-amd-turion-x2-dual-core-rm-75-vs-intel-core-2-duo-t6600.html
Relevancy 104.49%

16th May 2016.Dear Dell Forum Members & Support,We have an existing and very reliable Dell Precision 490 with a Single Intel Xeon 5060 (Dual Core, 3.2GHz,1066MHz) system.The system is currently running Bios Version A08 (04/25/08)

Can it be upgraded to Two (2) Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors, and if so, can a list of the compatiable processors be supplied ?

e.g. Xeon X5460 (Quad-Core, 3.16 GHz, 1333MHz) etc.

Thank you for your time & patience.With kindest regards.GEM CNC Systems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974583
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi I am brand new to this site and need some advice I have never bought a dell I have an HP right now laptop computer but am about to My husband has a dell credit account so that is where I have to buy from I m looking at Dell laptops Both are Inspiron but one has AMD Quad Core A - M Processor and the other has th Generation Intel Core i Processor Please help I i3? Intel 4th Quad Vs. Core AMD A6 Generation Core don t do AMD Quad Core A6 Vs. 4th Generation Intel Core i3? any gaming if that helps just social apps surfing watch netflix check email and pay bills Here are the specs AMD Quad core- AMD A - Quad-Core APU with Radeon R Graphics GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Radeon R Graphics inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution x Dell Wireless-N Bluetooth WHr -Cell Battery removable Intel Core i th Generation Intel Core i - U M Cache GH GB rpm SATA Hard Drive Intel HD Graphics Dell Wireless-N Bluetooth WHr -Cell Battery Please give me any advice because he has to order this tonight Thank you so much nbsp

Relevancy 103.2%

Which one is faster?

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (3Ghz)

or

Intel Core i7 940 (2.93Ghz)

??

A:Intel core 2 extreme QX9650 or Intel Core i7 950?

http://www.behardware.com/articles/778-1/giant-roundup-146-intel-and-amd-processors.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-extreme-qx9650-or-intel-core-i7-950.145352/
Relevancy 102.34%

Will it hurt my I5 2500k if the cores get to like 47-50c while under load?

Relevancy 98.9%

Greetings I just started a new job and the laptop I was given is having some Smitfraud-C CoreService issues From reading previous posts I understand posting the following HJT log is the first requirement Please advise as to the remaining steps required to correct this nuisance Logfile of HijackThis core.sys, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ & core.cache.dsk, core v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core Program Files Panda Software AVTC PavSrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent Pagent exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Scheduler pavsched exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent pagentwd exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PSKMsSvc exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PsImSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC ClShield exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC SRVLOAD EXE C Program Files Panda Software AVTC WebProxy exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator PavReport PavReport exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Jason LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - ADF - E E- ad - F - E CD - C WINDOWS system dcssuwll dll file missing O - BHO no name - C - - CFC- - BEAD - C WINDOWS system jkkli dll file missing O - BHO no name - A D- B- EF - D- E - C WINDOWS system ljjigfd dll file missing O - BHO no name - B EDCDFD-EDE - D - F -A DD - C WINDOWS system qlrspsmb dll file missing O - BHO no name - d -fbb - e -adb - df d c - C WINDOWS system fveeooa dll file missing O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet... Read more

A:core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-cache-dsk-core-sys-hkey_local_machine-wsystem-controlset001-services-core.592146/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,

I was just wondering, what is the difference between normal quad core, and the ones with "extreme" stuck on the end. Both from Intel.

This also applies to Core 2 Duo from Intel.

I can't spot it (except for the price), so someone help me out here.

A:Intel Quad core/Quad core extreme difference? (Q6600/QX6700)

im not to sure but i think it has somthing to do with the multiplyer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-quad-core-quad-core-extreme-difference-q6600-qx6700.93982/
Relevancy 98.04%

I am torn between buying one of two Acer laptops Both have almost identical features--RAM HD webcam -cell battery memory card reader and are the same price-- on sale but the processors seem to be the big difference and I would like to know which one you folks feel I should go with I should also mention that the AMD laptop Intel P520 2.3 AMD Pentium Dual-Core dual-core or GHz GHz? 2.0 X2 P6100 Turion also has a Blue-Ray Disc drive and read writes normal CDs and DVDs The only other major difference when comparing specs is that the AMD laptop has an HD CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT widescreen display ATI Radeon HD graphics with MB of dedicated system memory supporting Unified Video Decoder UVD OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range HDR technology Shader Model Microsoft DirectX While the Pentium laptop has CineCrystal LED-backlit display Intel HD graphics with MB of dedicated system memory supporting Microsoft DirectX I ve been driving myself crazy for the past days trying to decide which one to go with and I need to decide quickly as I AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520 2.3 GHz or Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100 2.0 GHz? m not sure how long they will be at this sale price--and I do have to stay at the range From the many laptops I checked out these seem to offer the most for the money I would truly appreciate your advice Thanks Gina nbsp

A:AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520 2.3 GHz or Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100 2.0 GHz?

Confused

I'm sorry to bother you folks again, but I noticed that my question had 55 views but no replies. Did I perhaps give incorrect or confusing information, or maybe posted my question in the wrong forum? I tried looking at some of the other similar questions asked, but none seemed to help with my question.

I guess I'm basically wondering that since the 2 Acer laptops are the same price, would you go with the Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6100, 2.0GHz, 3MB L3 cache, or the AMD Turion X2 dual-core P520, 2.3 GHz, 1066MHz Front Side Bus, 2MB L2 cache. This laptop also has a Blu-Ray Disc Drive, but I've read conflicting opinions on whether having this is necessary or not.

Although I consider myself to be an intermediate computer user, I am lost when it comes to processors, and also when it comes to 'dedicated amount of system memory.' I know that 'dedicated' memory is better, but does it make a difference how much there is in different brands? In other words, could the lesser amount of 128MB 'dedicated' in the Pentium still be better than the 256MB in the AMD? I'm leaning toward the AMD Turion laptop because of the higher numbers, but I've read enough to know that you can't always rely on that alone.

I'm sorry to ask my question again, but I've been given a lot of help here at CNET in the past, so I was surprised when I logged on today to see that no one expressed an opinion on which one of the two they would buy.

Any assistance would really be helpful and appreciated.....Gina

GinaPA said:

I am torn between buying one of two Acer laptops. Both have almost identical features--RAM, HD, webcam, 6-cell battery, memory card reader, and are the same price--$499.00 (on sale); but the processors seem to be the big difference, and I would like to know which one you folks feel I should go with.

I should also mention that the AMD laptop also has a Blue-Ray Disc drive (and read/writes normal CDs and DVDs).

The only other major difference when comparing specs is that the AMD laptop has an HD CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT widescreen display, ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics with 256MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD2), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR) technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft DirectX 10.1
.........While the Pentium laptop has CineCrystal LED-backlit display, Intel HD graphics with 128 MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft DirectX 10.

I've been driving myself crazy for the past 3 days trying to decide which one to go with and I need to decide quickly as I'm not sure how long they will be at this sale price--and I do have to stay at the $500.00 range. From the many laptops I checked out, these 2 seem to offer the most for the money. I would truly appreciate your advice!

Thanks,
GinaClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-turion-x2-dual-core-p520-2-3-ghz-or-intel-pentium-dual-core-p6100-2-0-ghz.160065/
Relevancy 96.75%

hey just wonderinf if anyone could help me choose out of these two processors.would be greatly appreciated

AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-67 (2.2GHz, HyperTransport? 3: up to 4.0 (GT/sec), 2MB L2 Cache)

IntelŪ PentiumŪ processor T4300 (2.1GHz, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache)
thank you

A:Comparing amd athlon dual core and intel pentium dual core

They are quite similar. Both have nearly the same clock speed. Both have a total of 1MB of L2cache but the intel's is shared and the AMD's is exclusive. The intel is 45nm and the AMD is 65nm which means the AMD will run hotter most likely. The AMD gets a boost from its on die memory controller and HyperTransport links on its motherboard. Both are capable of running full 64 operating systems.

The best difference between them would be as to what is on board their respective laptop. The AMD will have quite respectable performance from its video chip as I would hope it either a Radeon HD 3200 or better a 4200 with SidePort memory. These are about the best you can get for integrated video these days. The intel will undoubtedly have a GMA4500. These don't game very well nor do they do a very good job of playing high def video. The AMD chipset should have a fairly complete selection of connectors and functions. The interl may or may not, depending on the maker.

Both chips have a TDP of 35 Watts. The intel should offer slightly longer battery life for a given series of tasks, say about a half hour.

As you can see, these two CPUs are quite similar on and of themselves, the supporting cast of laptop parts makes or breaks the deal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-amd-athlon-dual-core-and-intel-pentium-dual-core.140169/
Relevancy 95.89%

Ok guys someone please help me understand this better. Are intel core duo the best or fastest processor out now? Also if a laptop is Intel Core Duo 2.0 GHz and a pc Intel Pentium 4 3.66 GHz which processor is faster?

Im not understanding what the X.XXGHz mean...is that based on the processor?

I understand that Intel Core Duo has 2 processors and thats why they are so great....does that mean that it is 2.0GHz per processor? so its really 4.0GHz?

sorry if I'm way off here but I want to understand this better.

Thanks.

PS. Im not sure where this would go so please feel free to move if necessary.

A:Solved: Confused! - Intel Core Duo and Intel Pentium 4....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confused-intel-core-duo-and-intel-pentium-4.496592/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi, everybody! I was looking to buy a new comp. but i am unsure which processor is better, the intel centrino core duo or the intel pentium M. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the difference was and possibly which one is better. thanks!

A:Solved: Intel Centrino Core Duo vs. Intel Pentium M

G'day myongha!

I would go with the Core Duo because it is more reliable and is quicker because there are two parts to the processor, hence the name Core Duo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-centrino-core-duo-vs-intel-pentium-m.484113/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hay there, I recently obtained a new system for a very cheap price with a surprisingly good processer with it.

New computer: -

Stone
Intel DQ45EK mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.9GHz Socket 775
3GB ram (max 4gb)

Current Computer: -

Gigabyte P31-D3SL mobo
Intel Pentium D 925 3.00 GHz Socket 775
4GB ram

Alright so the issue is I want to swap the processors around but when I put the Pentium D into the Intel DQ45EK mobo it comes up with a blank screen with the fan blowing intensely, reboots and then just hangs with the intense fan speed. When I swap back the processors the orignal Core 2 Duo does this same thing but then it goes back to normal after a few reboots. The E7500 works fine in my old system though... I would think the pentium D would be widely supported x-x

Any ideas cause im lost at the moment.

A:Solved: Intel Pentium D 925 & Intel Core Duo E7500

Could be that the FSB is not rated for the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-intel-pentium-d-925-intel-core-duo-e7500.882165/
Relevancy 95.89%

HP dv 6000 laptop , windows vista home preimium
Problem : temp high checked by speed fan software, GPU-63?C, Core1- 53?C, core 2 - 53?C, shutting down by itself after 15-20 minutes of run.
please tell me any other software i can try before i open the case .
Thanks

A:[SOLVED] GPU and core temp high ? please help?

Hi -

Are they the highest the temps get?

GPU-63?C = 145?F
Core1- 53?C = 127?F
Core2- 53?C = 127?F

I sometimes run an HP dv7 w/ themp higher than those. But I do shut it down to allow it to cool off, too. It does freeze sometimes requiring a hard shut down.

Have you cleaned the system w/compressed air?

How old is the laptop?
Is Vista SP2 installed?
Updated drivers?
How old is it?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-gpu-and-core-temp-high-please-help-424573.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I recently got a new computer:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6125 Mb
Graphics Card: Dual Nvidia GTS 450
Hard Drives: C: Total - 945109 MB, Free - 842412 MB;
Motherboard: Alienware, 046MHW, A00, ..CN697021350016.
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

And i was just wondering what should my core temp be? I have three sensors through out the whole machine and when idling they read about 25C but i've pushed them up to about 36 and i'm betting they could go higher if i was doing something other then Cod4 or Dragon Age . What should i be looking for? And at what temp should i say OH S***** and turn off the comp?

Thank you

Relevancy 95.46%

I was aghast for reinstallations of Windows 8 because of reasons unknown which ran operating system into trouble.
Now I know why this happened, because I selected maximum number of processors shown in 'Msconfig', which really doesn't exists ('Msconfig' showed 4 processors for Intel Core i3210).
From next start Windows 8 ran into trouble and within a day or two of using this desktop stopped responding, happened for all operating systems where I selected maximum number of processors shown in 'Msconfig'.
Therefore do not select maximum number of processors from 'Msconfig'.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f688905a-dbaa-4975-8659-d86c20a21dea/selecting-processors-in-msconfig-to-maximum-which-really-doesnt-exists-i-use-intel-core-i3210?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello everyone First i would like to apologize for posting another temp related issues (Another) Solved: temp Core i5-2500k thread I ve searched and read a lot of post regarding Intel Core i - k temperature problems but they were not sufficient The story goes as follows I have recently built Solved: (Another) Core i5-2500k temp issues a new system with a i - k CPU and an Asus P Z -V LE mobo Knowing that a lot of users reported high temps with the stock cooler I bought a DeepCool IceEdge E heat-sink solution The case Thermal-Take V Solved: (Another) Core i5-2500k temp issues Black is equipped with front and rear cm vents Without any OC and with Intel SpeedStep C E and turbo boost disabled to get a constant GHz the stock value of the CPU the temps per core are - degrees Celsius while CPU temp jumps to SpeedFan Memory is configured at MHz I ve decided to test some other monitoring programs I attached the results I also opened the case and touched the heat-sink it was warm i could keep my finger on it Another thing that bothered me was Prime While running it the CPU temp suddenly dropped to degrees from The per core temp raised to which I think it s normal My questions are - have I misunderstood the readings in Aida besides per core temps I have CPU and CPU Package temps - is there a problem with my set-up or just buggy software - could the sensor chip be bad - will my system degrade over the time because of the high quot CPU quot temp reported Thank you in advance for your replies Mihai nbsp

Relevancy 94.6%

Hi,

I'm buying a new computer with Vista home premium (32 bit), and I can't decide whether I should get a 2.4 quad core or a faster dual core (since it's cheaper).

I've searched about this but all the results I've got were from 2007, so I'm not sure if things changed much now.

So what do you think? will I benefit from the additional cores? or shall I go with faster dual cores?
appreciate your help

Relevancy 93.31%

Hi,

I am about to buy a new CPU. What CPU would be better, Core 2 Duo E8400 or Core 2 Quad Q9400, considering I do the following things on the computer:

- A lot of Visual Basic and Photoshop
- Surfing
- Listening to music
- A little *gaming* (some old games like CS or something).

Thank`s in advance.

Relevancy 93.31%

Okay, here is the scenario.
There are 2 laptops.
One has a 3.0GHz single core.
The other has a 1.5GHz dual core.
The thing I'm asking is: When you buy a laptop that says it's 2.66 GHz triple core, does that mean there are 3 processors each clocked at 2.66 GHz? Or does it mean that there are 3 processors and in total they add up to 2.66 GHz?
Also, is it better to have a 3.0 GHz single core or a 1.5 GHz dual core if you want to run games?
Thanks

Relevancy 92.88%

I have ordered a new Dell PC. I got an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor. I know that it is probably real stupid that I didn't ask earlier, but what exactly is Intel Core 2 Duo Processor?

Relevancy 92.02%

Hey At first i had this problem when i cancelled a tune up by live onecare The cpu usage went up to After tried everything logical and usual i finally tried to reformat After - times Capacity Uses Maximum Core One Cpu To Duo Only reformatting the results i Core Duo Uses Only One Cpu To Maximum Capacity get change a little bit When i take a look at the task manager under the performance Core Duo Uses Only One Cpu To Maximum Capacity tab the cpu usage is at - And as I used core duo processor i could see both cpu usage history Here comes the weird part only the first processor is used to the maximum Meaning the - cpu usage is mainly from the first processor The reading on the second one is nearly zero How can is my computer becomes stupid enough to use only one cpu when there are two and i never even change any settings on the device manager I have to wait atleast mins to open My Computer just to have see the search torch searching for what i have in My Computer Whenever i click on anything about the internet connection it ll hang even in the task manager Seriously this is a weird one I tried to look for the problem on the net cant find even one close one Any help would be appreciated

A:Core Duo Uses Only One Cpu To Maximum Capacity

Try uninstalling Live One Care...and comparing.

When I tried it (in beta), I found it to be a resource hog and removed it from that system.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114026/core-duo-uses-only-one-cpu-to-maximum-capacity/
Relevancy 92.02%

Can anyone point me to a small summary article that will give me an overview of the basic differences between the new Intell Core 2 Duo and Quad processors and some tools to help me decide which is best to buy for my needs?

I am completely mystified when I read the specs for these new CPUs and I'd love to find some overview that would explain what all this jargon means.

Relevancy 92.02%

Hello guys OS Windows SP Since a few days ago my Intel Core i to Intel 2.4Ghz Solved: i5 Core 1.330Ghz from M on my Dell Inspiron N had problems The Turbo Boost is at Ghz when i start the PC and for a few minutes then drops to Ghz Even when i play games like Call of Duty Modern Warfare the speed is Ghz on the Turbo Boost Then i found out even when no programs are running my Task Manager shows CPU usage at around I checked for viruses with Kaspersky But there was nothing I used CPU-Z then found Both of my core clock speed were at Mhz My QPI Link is at Mhz What causes the Turbo Boost not to work Solved: Intel Core i5 from 2.4Ghz to 1.330Ghz when using high resource programs eg Games My Power is on high porwer setting As is said Turbo boost shows a Blue beam when the PC loads Desktop Solved: Intel Core i5 from 2.4Ghz to 1.330Ghz for around Minutes and it goes down Also i encountered this problem while playing games For some time i get frames of FPS and then after Mins of Play my FPS shoots down to s No programs are running Background also the game lags so badly i have to quit Some Info My PC was running for days straight coz i was downloading some files from my company and i restarted the PC and also the same Clock speed drop occurs Note Intel Speed Step is Enabled The Turbo Boost problem was not there a few days ago Please help me My CODMW DVD is coming tmmarow Thanks in advance THiLaN nbsp

Relevancy 92.02%

i just bought the Q6600 i liked it better than the dual cores and i expected it to be hotter out of the box, but after install it and no over clocking at it's default 2.4ghz it's at 62 degrees! I've seen posts with people over clocking it to atleast 3.0 with just fan heatsinks like i have. I am not using the default heat sink, but instead am using a nice heatsink with 90mm fan built inside that barely fits in the case, never had any problems with it before.

Relevancy 91.59%

CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC

But not in the aforementioned apps....cant think why

Thanks

A:CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Those programs are not reliable for AMD platform, This AMD OverDrive? Technology should give you much better look at what's going on. For temperatures look at "Temperature margin" Higher, the better at 10c or so it will start throttling like crazy. It also provides many more details than any other monitoring program.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36372-cpu-not-showing-temp-open-hardware-monitor-core-temp.html
Relevancy 91.59%

CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC

But not in the aforementioned apps....cant think why

Thanks

A:CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Those programs are not reliable for AMD platform, This AMD OverDrive? Technology should give you much better look at what's going on. For temperatures look at "Temperature margin" Higher, the better at 10c or so it will start throttling like crazy. It also provides many more details than any other monitoring program.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36372-cpu-not-showing-temp-open-hardware-monitor-core-temp.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Ok, I'm building a CPU and I'm stuck between Intel's Core 2 Duo E8500 and their Core 2 Quad Q9300. I was going to go for the quad-core, but I heard things about how apps still aren't optimized for four cores. I will mainly be gaming, occasionally using photoshop and flash.

My problem is
a) I want games and apps to run good today
b) I want have a solid CPU that will give me excellent performance for the next 2-3 years.

What's the techguy.org consensus? I have to go with Intel as I already bought a mobo, and $270 is my absolute price maximum for a processor.

Relevancy 91.59%

Howdy and thanks again I found these intruders on my young daughter s computer again and found they constitute a rootkit Have been prepping for your help so here goes Thanks hobbittx Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C HiJackThis Analyzer exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B core.sys and Virus Solved: core.cache.dsk EB-D DAF Solved: core.sys and core.cache.dsk Virus D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - Extra button Messenger - FB F Solved: core.sys and core.cache.dsk Virus -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for Solved: core.sys and core.cache.dsk Virus spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http by fd bay hotmail msn com resources MsnPUpld cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA Java Plug-in - O - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dll O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe Latest HiJackthis log nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

I have a query about a pc with a athlon II x2 240 processor running Win 7, occasionally a message pops up in the system tray saying one core of the processor is almost at maximum capacity, this can happen at any time.
Whenever I go into task manager to see what is using the processor everything appears to be fine.
Any of you guys any ideas as to what might be causing the problem.

A:One core running at maximum capacity

I have never seen any kind of message like this before. Could the computer be infected with a virus or spy-ware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-core-running-at-maximum-capacity.158066/
Relevancy 91.16%

What are the maximum frequencies that are available in core i7 processors now?

I ask this because I'm looking for a new desktop PC these days. I currently have an ancient core two duo Pentium D processor runninf at 3.4 GHz, surprisingly all the PCs I have found so far are either very close to this frequency or slower.

A:What are the maximum frequencies that are available in core i7 process

Hello mohab mate is this for a build? if so just go to here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...icroprocessors and take your pick

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380096-what-maximum-frequencies-available-core-i7-process.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi Guys I want to buy a new notebook Fortunately I have decided that I will go for Dell and Studio The notebook usage will be for business and I don t think I would used it much for gaming I am looking for a notebook which gives good performance The following spects are confirmed -Windows -bit - GB RAM DDR - GB HDD RPM - DVD RW Bluetooth Wifi etc the usual stuff - Either Intel Core i - QM or Intel Core i7-720QM Solved: i5-540M laptop or Intel Core i - M What should Solved: Intel Core i7-720QM or i5-540M laptop I do The latter option i saves me around Rs - Do you think its worth going for i or the i will be sufficient Though I may not be doing video editing etc but I will be doing development work like using Visual Studio NET The i - M is a new processor and I dunno the difference in power compared to the i counterpart Will i be slightly slower or a lot Please advice me what to do Thanks a lot Cheers JG nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

The title pretty much says it all...
will these processors last for quite some time from now or for example if I want to buy a new computer is it better if I decide to buy an Intel Core 2 Quad or Intel i7...?

Relevancy 89.01%

My CPU temp is sitting at 27 deg. Celsius.

My Core temp is sitting at 57 deg. Celsius.

These are my idle temps.

The room is fairly cold.

I have a large exhaust fan, 1 intake fan from the top, one intake fan from the side, and a stock heatsink / fan on my processor.

I don't know what my base temps were before this started happening but under load my cpu comes up to about 45 - 55 and my core goes 75+.

They system freezes up when it idles at 75 for too long.

I tried cleaning off and replacing the thermal compound. Maybe needs more compound? But the CPU says that its cool....
ANY IDEAS!?!?

Relevancy 88.58%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D between Core 2 Core Solo, Choosing Duo and Duo Core D - html I will use it for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

Relevancy 88.58%

I am trying to choose between different Dell Latitude D D laptops They come from a very good company who get stacks of laptops from Dell and sell them as refurbished as good as new at good prices http ndc co uk browse sub-Latitude D D - html Duo Core Solo, 2 and Duo Core Core Choosing between I will use it Choosing between Core Solo, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo for MS Office Outlook internet and nothing much else The choice is between Core Solo GHz or GHz Core Duo GHz or Core Duo GHz or GHz The D has a brighter screen and allows Core Duo - apart from that I think D and D are identical I m hesitant about going for the cheapest but from what I can tell Core Solo will handle all these functions well I have seen that Core Duo can be faster than Core Duo but I wonder if I will notice it on what I run At the moment I have a Core Duo GHz D which runs fine except for some freezing sometimes when I open Outlook it resolves after - seconds nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-between-core-solo-core-duo-and-core-2-duo.890221/
Relevancy 88.15%

What is the safest, most stable and highest clock speed this CPU can go up to? I just figured out how to overclock it, and I understand that it can be dangerous and must be done only by a few notches at a time. Before I had it clocked at 2.11 GHz (Original) but now I have it clocked at 2.12 GHz. What is the maximum clock speed it can go up to?

A:What is the maximum clock speed an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 4000+ can go up to?

I have taken one of those up to 2.4Ghz, but I didn't go any higher. Before you overclock, also make sure your heatsink will be able to handle cooling it.

And remember that all CPU's are different, just because somebody can get theirs up to 5Ghz doesn't mean someone else with the same CPU can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-maximum-clock-speed-an-amd-athlon-x2-dual-core-4000-can-go-up-to.1052896/
Relevancy 87.29%

I plan to upgrade to the listed components all of the rest of the hardware has been determined to be compatible. After the components are switched out I want to verify, my approach of Win 7 Pro installation will work and if not, would someone please correct me and give me advice as to the proper approach? What my idea was after everything is hooked up and ready to install OS, I would turn on enter bios set to boot from cd, and set to AHCI since I'll be reusing my Samsung 840 120GB SSD and leave the rest of the bios set to default at that time. I'll have my Logitech model 520 wireless keyboard with the model 310 wireless mouse which came together. Does this approach seem like it should work especially the wireless keyboard/mouse? I could sure use some corrections for the proper way of installing the OS if not, it would sure be appreciated Thanks!

A:Intel Core i5-4670K & ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 questions

Search http://www.sevenforums.com/members/gregrocker.html He recently wrote a great post on "how to clean reinstall a factory OEM windows 7

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

you might run into some issues with using a wireless mouse and keyboard on install... do you have a spare USB or PS2 keyboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306325-intel-core-i5-4670k-asus-z87-lga-1150-intel-z87-questions.html
Relevancy 86.86%

When i use Core Temp to read my proccessor temp it reads differently than a motherboard tool i called Aibooster.
Aibooster sits up around 48c to 54c. when im using coretemp it shows that its 28c idle. which one is right should i go dl another juan?

Relevancy 86.86%

I've been trying to decide just how much value that AMD's Core Temp monitor has. While splitting a video, I noticed that Process Explorer only showed ~15-17% processor usage and SpeedFan only showed a temperature rise of ~3 degrees over idle, but looking at the activity for Core Temp, shown in the screenshot, it would appear to disagree with the other monitors. I understand that one must average out the values, but looking at the history graph at the bottom, I don't understand how it could be averaged out so low.

The question therefore is, does Core Temp has any true value as a monitor?

A:Core Temp

As I'm reading here on forums,most of members(guru's) say that Core Temp is giving true tepms.
Also you can compare that temps with Everest,Speccy etc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/177340-core-temp.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I just downloaded Speedfan to check out my core temperature. I have a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4757 and it's average temperature is around 60? C. Is this too warm?

A:Is my core temp too hot?

for a laptop no that is good.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/239624-my-core-temp-too-hot.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I recently downloaded a program called core temp . It is a very practical and easy to use program to watch your cpu tempeture in the notification area. With that said booting up my computer ths morning the program has 2 temp readings in the notification area. The first one which is color coded red reads 35c (core#0: 35c core#1: 38c) The second one which is color coded blue reads 38c (core#0: 35c core#1:38c) They both say the same thing and I was wondering why there is 2 temp settings. My only guess is because I am using a Intel dual 2 core duo t7250 processor. Here is the link for this program which again if fool proof.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-core-temp.680808/
Relevancy 86.86%

Doe any one here use it. I have and when I upgraded to 8.1 it stopped working. It will just freeze. I googled it and it seems to be a widespread issue. I did not find a fix, has anyone here got it working?

A:Core Temp RC6

Yes I am using Core Temp RC6 with Windows Pro 8.1 x64 with no issues.

Mine was a clean install of Windows 8.1.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/43251-core-temp-rc6.html
Relevancy 86.86%

sorry if it seems a bit of a dumb question but i cant get core temp 2 display the teps per core. it will only show the 1 temp at bottom. but it shows frequency per core.
i hav looked n changed settings back n fort.
heres a screeny of mine then 1 of how i wnt it.

any help would b much apreciated. cheers

A:core temp

Hi gangiry

Try Options/Settings/System Tray and DOT all cores

Also make sure Its set to always show in the system tray.Right click start icon/properties/taskbar/customise/Show icon and notifications.This will allow the core temps to be displayed in the notification area.

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/158388-core-temp.html
Relevancy 86.86%

how hot should the core temp be running inside a computer. I have 2 gig ram, and ASLI motherboard, audigy plat and 2 256mb ge 6800s, along with a monster internal fan overtop my cpu and 4 other smaller fans, but when it starts to get 103.6 F to 105 F she smells like she is roasting.
Thnx

Relevancy 86.86%

Changelog;

Quote:
Version 0.99.8.0 - 3rd October, 2010

- New: Completely new settings dialog, much clearer and easier to use.
- New: Added Hibernation to Overheat protection options.

- Fix: Mobile Intel Core2 Quad processor recognition issues.
- Fix: Pentium Dual-Core E6000 series model detection was incorrect.

- Update: TjMax adjusted to 100c (Intel's specs) for 400 and 500 series Atom processors.

Download;

Core Temp

Attachment 102253

A:Core Temp 0.99.8 available

Thanks for the heads up, Mitchell64!

Great utility!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/115822-core-temp-0-99-8-available.html
Relevancy 86.86%

latest version of core temp released for 32 and 64 bit.
Core Temp
Now if could only get it to start automatic with windows 7

A:New Core Temp 0.99.4/x64

You can get it to run at startup but only with UAC off, which really sucks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/2884-new-core-temp-0-99-4-x64.html
Relevancy 86.86%

After closing the on screen display for Core Temp, I can't reopen it. The program's System Tray icon remains in the tray, but when using it to select "show", it opens a rather drab Windows like display, instead of it's usual one. Rebooting doesn't solve it, and going through the ini, I see nothing that appears to be for the purpose. How do I return it to it's previous behavior?

A:Core Temp

What version are you running is it the 0.99 or the new 1.0RC with the dreaded installer.The reason I ask is I tried the 1.0RC and had nothing but trouble with it.On top of that my antivirus was flagging it as suspicious.I went back to the previous version.

Danny

Edit-It may be worth trying the new version though that was just my experience with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/184567-core-temp.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have this: ARK | Intel? Celeron? Processor 440 (512K Cache, 2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

I want to replace it with this: ARK | Intel? Core
I've tried simply physically replacing one with the other, but as you may guess, it's not that simple. What do I need to do? I'm on a budget of zero.

Could I get by with installation instructions, and perhaps directions towards drivers? I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

A:Replace Intel Celeron 440 @ 2.0 GHz With Intel Core 2 Quad @ 3.0 GHz

I would suggest checking if your motherboard can support a more modern CPU. The Core 2 Quad is from 2008. You can probably get an i3 for close to the same price if your motherboard supports it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279006-replace-intel-celeron-440-2-0-ghz-intel-core-2-quad-3-0-ghz.html
Relevancy 86.43%

OK, some more information:

The current installation on the Lenovo T400 (Intel 330 SSD ACHI) was done using the "double install" method using Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack Upgrade. It appears the current installation would allow me to use the Sysprep method (I didn't receive an error message when running sysprep.exe), but my concern is that when I boot up the Intel 330 SSD in my new Intel NUC, the validation won't work because the Family Pack uses an Upgrade key. The key has only been used once, so I still have 2 remaining activations, but I'm not sure if that has any relevance to the situation.

Any other recommendations? I am considering manually uninstalling the drivers, doing the swap, and hoping for the best, due to the fact that the current installation sees itself as a clean install, not an upgrade.

A:Move Intel SSD from T400 (Core 2 Duo) to Intel NUC (Broadwell i3)?

How do you know that activation won't work? Did you try? If the bit is already flipped from doing the double upgrade then it should reactivate with the same key since all that is needed for the transfer is to reset the hardware signature in MS Activation servers.

You also have three simultaneous activations at any one time with the Family Pack, and do not forfeit an activation for reinstalling a key to the same or other hardware. If using phone activation because web fails, then when the magic question is asked "How many installs has this copy of Win7 been made" you'd say three instead of one. If rejected again, ask for agent. If agent has problems, talk with MS Customer service who are often more attentive seeing that you get what you pay for.

What's easier than Sysprep is to reimage using a free lightweight app like Macrium Imaging - Windows 7 Help Forums then if Win7 won't boot on the new hardware as expected Adjust Win7 to boot on new hardware with Paragon Adaptive Restore CD.

Let us know how this goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363774-move-intel-ssd-t400-core-2-duo-intel-nuc-broadwell-i3.html
Relevancy 86%

hey y'all. sony vaio vpceb12fx. i tried to run SystemInfo.exe for more info but it wouldn't. i've attached the BSOD dump and system report. windows 7 x64. OEM. nearly two years old. any help would be greatly appreciated it.

A:BSOD while using Core Temp

Software Concerns:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Auslogics\Disk Defrag
I personally do not recommend 3rd party defrag tools. I have seen them damage restore points and even cause blue screen crashes. Windows has some nice command line flags for the defrag command that will accomplish the same tasks as 3rd party programs. The -b and -w flags will defrag boot files and the boot registry items as well as compact the data to the center of the disk for faster access.defrag c: -b
defrag -c -v -w
The first command optimizes boot performance for the Windows drive by defragmenting boot files and boot registry items.

The second command includes all drives on the system through the -c command and optimizes the drives by compacting the data to the center of the disk. Verbose output through the -v option is optional to provide the user with more information about the defrag tasks. The commands have to be run in an Elevated Command Prompt.

For more flags, see Disk Defragmenter - Open and Use.
Finish installing your WIndows Updates. I see you have not yet installed Service Pack 1.Update to Service Pack 1 (SP1)Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [August 2011]

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [August 2011]

Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

Service Pack 1 Download site

Analysis:Crashes indicate your RICOH Memory Stick driver. Please update the driver or re-install it after downloading a fresh copy from Sony eSupport - Electronics
3rd Party Drivers:The following is for informational purposes only:
Code:
lmimirr.sys Tue Apr 10 16:32:45 2007 (461C108D)
SFEP.sys Thu Aug 2 23:35:53 2007 (46B2BEB9)
RaInfo.sys Fri Jan 4 11:57:14 2008 (477E818A)
LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 10:26:56 2008 (487B7E50)
risdsne64.sys Tue Jun 30 22:50:14 2009 (4A4AEB06)
Apfiltr.sys Mon Jul 13 01:36:13 2009 (4A5AE3ED)
intelppm.sys Mon Jul 13 17:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
HECIx64.sys Thu Sep 17 13:54:16 2009 (4AB293E8)
yk62x64.sys Mon Sep 28 02:19:31 2009 (4AC07193)
athrx.sys Mon Oct 5 10:33:57 2009 (4ACA1FF5)
rimssne64.sys Fri Oct 16 04:49:46 2009 (4AD84FCA)
iaStor.sys Fri Nov 20 16:09:41 2009 (4B0721B5)
RTKVHD64.sys Mon Nov 30 05:39:43 2009 (4B13BD0F)
Impcd.sys Fri Feb 26 16:32:11 2010 (4B8859FB)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 10:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
IntcDAud.sys Fri Oct 15 02:28:17 2010 (4CB810A1)
Ironx64.SYS Fri Nov 12 16:06:50 2010 (4CDDC88A)
SYMDS64.SYS Tue Dec 7 17:16:58 2010 (4CFECE7A)
SYMEFA64.SYS Sun Mar 13 21:20:58 2011 (4D7D899A)
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Thu Mar 24 17:02:36 2011 (4D8BCD8C)
SRTSP64.SYS Tue Mar 29 20:46:12 2011 (4D929974)
SRTSPX64.SYS Tue Mar 29 20:46:18 2011 (4D92997A)
SYMNETS.SYS Tue Apr 19 16:33:31 2011 (4DAE0DBB)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 16 14:56:05 2011 (4DD18F65)
cpuz135_x64.sys Wed Sep 21 02:23:41 2011 (4E799F0D)
igdkmd64.sys Thu Oct 13 13:05:43 2011 (4E973687)
usbaapl64.sys Tue Jan 10 17:56:04 2012 (4F0CDE24)
EX64.SYS Wed Apr 25 03:27:28 2012 (4F97C380)
ENG64.SYS Wed Apr 25 03:29:25 2012 (4F97C3F5)
EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys Tue May 15 18:36:03 2012 (4FB2F673)
eeCtrl64.sys Tue May 15 18:36:03 2012 (4FB2F673)
BHDrvx64.sys Wed May 16 20:16:36 2012 (4FB45F84)
IDSvia64.sys Thu May 24 18:08:33 2012 (4FBECD81)
lmimirr.sys
SFEP.sys
RaInfo.sys
LMIRfsDriver.sys
risdsne64.sys
Apfiltr.sys
intelppm.sys
HECIx64.sys
yk62x64.sys
athrx.sys
rimssne64.sys
iaStor.sys
RTKVHD64.sys
Impcd.sys
amdxata.sys
IntcDAud.sys
Ironx64.SYS
SYMDS64.SYS
SYMEFA64.SYS
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS
SRTSP64.SYS
SRTSPX64.SYS
SYMNETS.SYS
GEARAspiWDM.sys
cpuz135_x64.sys
igdkmd64.sys
usbaapl64.sys
EX64.SYS
ENG64.SYS
EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys
eeCtrl64.sys
BHDrvx64.sys
IDSvia64.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240752-bsod-while-using-core-temp.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi to everyone

I am having a prob with the programme , Core Temp 1.0 RC6 , the temp reading does not seem to show correct temps for my CPU , allthough the CPU load goes up to 95% with a movie the temp stays at 40c on both cores it never changes even though when the CPU is loaded and the fan is increased to nearly flat out .

Has anyone got the name of another decent core temp programme I can check against .

tks

spike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-temp-1-0-rc6-temps.1116701/
Relevancy 86%

I use HWMonitor and right now at idle my CPUTIN is 47c and my core #1 #2 #3 #4 are all at 33c. CPUTIN gets to 65c during BFBC2 gameplay, Core Temps go up to 50c. My question is, which reading do I actually have to worry about?

A:CPUTIN vs Core Temp

I think that CPUTIN is the temperature you should be concentrating on and not the individual core temperatures. 65C is pretty high even on load. What are your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cputin-vs-core-temp.145709/
Relevancy 86%

I wanted to overclock my cpu, but i think i need to re-apply the thermal grease. I used some stuff that i had left over and i think its running warmer than it should.

I have a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 120mm SSO CPU Cooler
and i think my temp are a little high

CPUID hardware monitor software app I get a 39 degree celicus. I have my place at 74 degrees right now, but i think i need to re-apply because i should have a much lower temp. I have a antec p183 case. Any suggestions would be great. I purchased arctic mx-2 and i think i will be using that for thermal grease. Any suggestion would be much appreciated. thanks

A:temp of i5 750 quad core

http://www.arcticsilver.com/

i would not use old paste, then you have the issue of wipers and blobbers !!! do you blob or wipe?? i prefer to wipe if you blob then always risk of air bubble

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/476469-truth-about-temperatures-voltages.html

set your bios to warn you when you reach say 60 deg c

depending on mobo,bios,sensors there can be a 10 deg difference in what bios temp says to sensor softtware
ideal idle is about 28 to 35 maxed out to death 50

i am running a socket 775 quad at 4.2 per core and am on 29 deg at mo 55 to 58 maxed out

use intel stepping on your mobo , its very good other than sometimes you want a clock but it does not clock up but difference is tiny

overclocked system will add more heat to rest of case components

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/temp-of-i5-750-quad-core.978924/
Relevancy 86%

What is the normal operating temp of c2d? Mine is at 46C at idle. I tried artice silver 5 but it is still 46. Could I have put on too much as5?

A:Core 2 duo temp question?

Which model do you have? I have an E6700 and it's usually around 48C at idle. That's pretty cool for a dual-core processor BTW, so you should be ok. It's when idle temps hit the mid-50s that things are going wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-2-duo-temp-question.68717/
Relevancy 86%

Does this look right?

How come its different than 0.99.3 version?

A:Core Temp 0.99.4 curiosity.

Hello Sicknerd.
The max temp for your CPU is 95C, so the temp is ok, as for the change in temp, it is more likely that the later version is more sensitive, or there could be a small change in the sensor.
It's nothing to worry about. Hope this helps.
ps. nice desktop.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235956-core-temp-0-99-4-curiosity.html
Relevancy 86%

I have a Samurize config that reads the core temperatures of my CPU using core temp dll. However whenever I start my computer it always comes up with the message "Core Temp not loaded" and I click ok and then i have to go and reload the Samurize config file to get it to read the CPU temps. Is there any way to ensure Core Temp loads before Samurize to stop this annoying issue?

A:Samurize and Core Temp

The easiest way is to make a shortcut for Samurize on the task bar and start your config from there .. This has been a problem for a lot of Sammy users .. some have gone back to using MBM instead of the coretemp.dll method. Let me know how it turns out...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/22532-samurize-core-temp.html
Relevancy 86%

Probably the wrong spot but I am having no luck in downloading the app Core Temp by Arthur Liberman at Core Temp

Anyone else having this problem I do have a form of Core Temp on the machine but it is not quite the same app.

A:No Core Temp download

Hiya mate ... No its working well . Problem must be at your end

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/303365-no-core-temp-download.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi lads,
I am a bit confused. got laptop running win7 64 bit. have installed core temp to monitor cpu temperature. installed fine, starts fine. switch computer off. next morning found that core temp software not on my hdd. i can see the folder where it was originally installed but program it self disappeared, *.exe file gone for some reason. installed again.... same story next morning. what to look at? where is problem? how program could delete it self? on desktop pc same prog runs fine.

A:core temp crash

Well I don't usually use such things as you can get gadgets off Microsoft's website that will do the same thing. But just use a gadget to watch CPU temp. More reliable and they won't disappear on you lol

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/227737-core-temp-crash.html
Relevancy 85.57%

DFI fxb-m h amd phenom BE When I flashed my bios yesterday I noticed that my cpu was somehow overclocked It was running at ghz and v I went in the bios CPU Core temp higher than temp returned the temps back to the stock speeds Before the bios flash my temps according to Everest CPU temp higher than Core temp which is accurate were around - - Now after this whole thing they are - - My CPU temp is C higher than the core temps I m sure that this is the case I ve checked bios settings cpuz showings everest showings Everything is as it should be except for the cpu temp I know that these temps are good and some people would say to just leave it alone but I want to figure this out I ve been thinking and I thought that maybe the bios before were wrong and the temps were wrong so actualy the showings now are the correct ones i think is highly unlikable Need some help with this issue nbsp

A:CPU temp higher than Core temp

I'd say don't worry about it.I have a Q6600 that has different temps for each of its 4 cores and the CPU temp is almost always 10 degrees lower. Although, a while back in my motherboard forum, there was a discussion about a new BIOS update that reports higher temps for my motherboard, so it might be possible that the new BIOS is modified to report different/more accurate temps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-temp-higher-than-core-temp.863614/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I have a AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core 640 3.0GHZ Overclocked at 3.3GHZ

On the AMD website it states that the maximum tempruture is 62 degrees, is this for the processor, or the cores?

A:AMD Phenom Quad Core Temp

Hi.

The cores together are the processor, thus, 62 degrees celsius is max for the whole chip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/77590-amd-phenom-quad-core-temp.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Core Temp gadget installed on my laptop that I wish to uninstall but it's not listed in the Uninstall Programs section of the control panel. It's called Core Temp 64 and it displays the dual core temps in the system tray. I can find it in the downloads folder but I can't locate it to uninstall it. It's running in the Task Manager. I could stop it there but I want to delete it. If someone could explain how to find and uninstall it I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632511/cant-delete-core-temp-gadget/
Relevancy 84.71%

So I left my pc on last night and I woke up with an alert from coretemp so I took a peak at it and saw this
As you can see it has a hight of over 140degrees is this something that should concern me or just a one off thing due to software etc?

A:Core temp high readings.

i checked the specs of your CPU and that is way way over the max temp..
Maximum operating temperature 71?C , get a can of air and blow all the dust out from the fans and heatsink.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/256799-core-temp-high-readings.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I just installed my core 2 quad and the temp is around 55 c to 57 c. Is this a good temp. I have a themaltake v1 fan. Is there any other better fans to bring the temp down to like mid 40's

A:Core 2 quad q6600 temp

That's not a bad temp but it could be lower. You could get a Zalman heatsink/fan (hsf), i have found them to be very effective.

Google for reviews if you want, to find one that will reduce your temp the most

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-2-quad-q6600-temp.93747/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a GateWay Profile 3(1.33 Mhz 128 ram). The CPU core temp is a constant 160 F My CPU monitering software is saying this is way too hot. The motherboard is also on the warm side of things. I do hear both the fans PIII 1.33 mhz chip? If it is running too hot how can I fix this with a all in one unit like the gateway( I would love to buy a new sys,but Im broke!) Oh BTW this system was a kickdown computer from a friend who just bought a new MAC power book.

Relevancy 84.71%

so which would be better:

dual core celeron 1.73ghz with 1mb l2 cache or single core intel pentium 4 2.4ghz 512kb l2 cache

A:dual core celeron 1.73ghz versus single core pentium 4 2.4ghz

I don't think there are any Celeron Processors which are dual core and so the Pentium 4 will definitely be faster. If you give me model numbers I might be of more help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-celeron-1-73ghz-versus-single-core-pentium-4-2-4ghz.623465/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, Currently I'm using a dual core 6850 and I'm thinking about buying a quad core. I have a PSU of 500 W as spare.

Can i replace the CPU to a Quad Core without changing the cooling system?

A:replace dual core CPU by quad core what about heatsink? in Mini Tower 755 Optiplex

heinflhs
These are the specs of the spare PSU. Aren't they better than the original Dell PSU?
That power supply is ATX and not EPS12V
Better is not the issue.  Dell power supplys are 80 percent efficient not 70 percent ATX.  The -5v rail is an issue as well as this may cause a motherboard fire or damage your system.  Its a dead giveaway that this is a power supply from 1990 to 2000.
What current is on which rails is not trivial. There is a single 12V RAIL on that unit and its max is 17A
EPS 12V units have multiple rails of 12V @ 18 amps each.  MAX Power on the 12V rails is 264w not 204w
That unit has a lot more on the 5V and 3.3V rails at the expense of the 12V rails and CPU 4 pin connector. So no that spare unit is not likely to work well if at all.

Recommended update or replacement is EVGA 750B1

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996406
Relevancy 84.71%

I am buying a new rig tomorrow, just wanted to see what you thought about it.

I have a choice between a $269 used pentium dual core vs a brand new 299 AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Whats better and how faster is the AMD Athlon? Single-Core Processor LE-1620 vs my pentium III/600MHZ?

A:Pentium Dual core vs AMD Athlon Single-Core Processor LE-1620?

Depends on what the specs are with the Intel dual core and what specs you're getting with the AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-vs-amd-athlon-single-core-processor-le-1620.126258/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey all,
I have some proprietary software that works great on a single-core processor. When I try to run it on a dual-core or above, the software loads, works once, and then messes up.

The software uses modems to dial out to our payphones. We found a work-around by turning off one processor in the bios, but then, what's the point of having a dual-core processor.

Please help. The software is doing this on Windows XP.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-crashes-on-dual-core-works-fine-on-single-core.836441/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello friends,
I m very eager to know that whats the actual difference between a Core 2 Duo processor and a Pentium Dual Core processor, other than their proceesing architecture?

According to most benchmarking sites including Tom's Hardware, Core 2 Duo E4300 or 6300 performs better than Pentium Dual Core 820 in almost all benchmarks.....whereas C2D E4300 or E6300(1.8 and 1.86 Ghz respectievely) are having MUCH lower clock speeds than Pentium D 820(2.8Ghz). Why like this???

I have 2 systems, one with C2D E4300 1.86 Ghz and another(from which I am writing this thread) is Pentium D 820 2.8Ghz. But I dont see any MUCH performance difference in reality, although in multi-tasking and gaming C2D system still performs better.

Can anybody please explain me in details.....
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
TheHacker

A:Why Core 2 Duo outperforms Pentium Dual Core even when C2D has lower clock Speed??

The Core 2 Duo doesn't share the same architecture as the older NetBurst architecture of the Pentium D, which is also shared by the Pentium 4. The Pentium D is effectively a pair of Pentium 4 CPUs on one die. The Core 2 Duo architecture allows for a lot more processing to be done in one cycle, hence more information can be pushed in, say, 1 million cycles by the Core 2 Duo than the Pentium D. As for 'reality', there obviously won't be much difference when both systems are used for stuff like playing music etc. But the real differences will show up when you tax them, such as when playing an HD video without a video card supporting HD-decoding where the Core 2 Duo will be able to process information much more quicker than the Pentium D and so you will have a smoother image. Check on Wikipedia for more in-depth details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-core-2-duo-outperforms-pentium-dual-core-even-when-c2d-has-lower-clock-speed.96914/
Relevancy 84.71%

System specs Athlon x Windsor ghz single using stable Dual while crashes web, Athlon on core core but is randomly W tdp Gigabyte GA-Ma DS rev AMD SB His radeon MB had before x GB Dual core Athlon crashes randomly while using web, but is stable on single core Kingston DDR mhz CL xSeagate ST AS in RAID on SB Chieftec W power supply LG DVD rewriter Bunch of fans Windows XP pro bit x windows temporary I m having a strange problem from quite a long time PC just reboots randomly when I use internet applications like p p or browser It s that I can click quot favorities quot in firefox and puff reboot Leave pc for a night - reeboot at o clock I tried to find the cause updated drivers bios reinstalled windows several times - still getting the random crashes But if I use the numproc statement and run my PC as single core it stays perfectly stable for week But sadly the low power mode doesn t work then and CPU is getting hotter than in dual core mode also uses more energy However I don t think the low power mode isn t the cause - ran a prime for half a day on processor tuned down to ghz and V low power mode without a crash Ran memtest in dos mode for hours - no problems Also I have secondary XP pro without NIC drivers installed no web just for gaming and I can play for hours straight and never got any crash of this kind On the the primary OS open two windows start unpacking archive and try to browse web and I get a crash in minutes But sometimes nothing happens for a week or so Also I noticed following problems - disk read error not enough system resources to finish the task various p p programs say that - explorer windows disappearing closing usually when trying to use search on already loaded system - system locking down blank display cursor freezes when switching users but in most cases recoverable via external management log into console from another pc force logoff the user x display is back to normal - crashed on vista after minutes of usage None of above happens when using the single core but one of my applications won t start then for some reason Running out of ideas I tried to set all possible exes in windows folder to uniprocesor with imagecfg but got a nice bluescreens not surprised though Graphic card was replaced recently also I had this problem on previous hard drive though not so recently happening Temps in celsius are ambient CPU in iddle weird but true max system - voltages always in the ATX specs with vcore dropping to V in low power mode I know it s something dual core and internet related but can t figure what that could be Is it software bug Or maybe a hardware malfunction The only pieces I can think now to be faulty are processor but it passes all the tests or the motherboard itself Anything I can try before buying a half of new computer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-athlon-crashes-randomly-while-using-web-but-is-stable-on-single-core.917182/
Relevancy 84.71%

Already saw differents answer but never by the one guy that say.. "Yes, i already upgrade my dual core cpu to quad core in my elitebook 8470p"I saw documents with info from hp with "3610qm 3630qm 3720qm and 3740qm" support for 8470p and 8570p models in this forum.There in JUNE 2012, The product overview:http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03373336Said only 3610qm and 3720qm are compatible with the 8470p.But recently document i saw from hp (and i think is the reference guide more actual, january 2013 ) to 8470p and 8470w models like this:http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03659338-3.pdfthere is not clear, even this document show that only 8470w support quadcore and for 8470p show only dual core models..so i need confirmation before buy quad core model, anybody can confirm if its possible??Thanks a lot

A:HP Elitebook 8470P Dual Core to Quad Core upgrade, it suppor...

Hi, HP Elitebook 8470P is a series of many models/products of laptops and can spread over few years. Very hard to answer because we don't know which year is for your machine. Lately HP gives G1, G2, G3 ..... for some series that give us more information. The document in front of me now dated June 2013 gives another side of the picture PROCESSOR3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i7-3740QM (2.70 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*Up to 3.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i7-3720QM (2.60 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i7-3630QM (2.40 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*?Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i7-3610QM (2.30 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*?Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i7-3540M (3.0 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i7-3520M (2.90 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i5-3380M (2.90 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i5-3360M (2.80 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.50 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i5-3340M (2.70 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i5-3320M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i5-3230M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?Up to 3.20 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i5-3210M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?Up to 3.10 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i3-3130M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i3-3120M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?3rd Generation IntelŪ Core? i3-3110M (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*? For  HP EliteBook 8470p Notebook PC (14")         HP EliteBook 8570p Notebook PC (15"). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Elitebook-8470P-Dual-Core-to-Quad-Core-upgrade-it-support/td-p/5791049
Relevancy 84.71%

i am confused about new PC should i buy, i have two options
1) Intel Pentium 3.0 GHz, 1 GB Ram,
or
2) Interl Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, 1 GB Ram

What u will advised and y?

thnks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-dual-core-or-intel-pentium.662644/
Relevancy 84.71%

http://www.gamepyre.com/reviewsd.html?aid=753&p=1

The X6800 outclasses the AMD CPUs by a wide margin in virtually every circumstance of performance measurement. The CPU also runs cool in comparison to earlier Intel CPUs and consumes less than 75W. By any standard of measurement the X6800 is an success bringing Intel back on top.

The E6700 which has a rather interesting naming scheme considering it’s only 266MHz slower than the x6800 while having the same cache and structure is right in there with the x6800 in performance, slower than its bigger brother but faster than the competition. For a suggested MSRP of $530, the E6700 is an easy choice for those wanting a fast system without wanting to shell out a grand.

And from Tom's Hardware:
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/14/core_2_duo_benchmark_results/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-core-2-duo-and-intel-965-chipset-launch.483121/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a xigmatek rifle cpu cooler on a quad core q processor a temps air core quad q9550 on core cooling? are for what normal and I am wondering what should my core temps be Coretemp is showing at idle - core - C core - C core - C core - C Why is core so much higher Is it possible the thermal compound above the core is what are normal core temps for a quad core q9550 on air cooling? not as spread out as it is on the other cores I used arctic silver and followed the instructions to put the compound on as a single line across what are normal core temps for a quad core q9550 on air cooling? the cores of the cpu Also I have speedfan and for some reason it reports different core temperatures core - C core - C core - C core - C Also what is the quot internal temp quot and quot remote temp quot that speedfan reports It also seems to have confused the CPU with quot System quot as CPU is showing C and System C Lastly my video card ATI HD seems to run so hot temps at IDLE are GPU temp - C GPU Load Fan Sped RPM GPU Temp DISPIO GPU TEMP MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C VDDC Current Amps VDDC slave temp C VDDC slave temp C VDDC slave temp C VDDC V nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

Simply put- RED Blue Screens. I don't know what I need to call them. THEY ARE RED! And they just reference "An error reading the instruction set" There is no STOP Error. I upgraded the Processor from AMD Athlon x2 5000+ to an AMD Phenom x4 9650. I have not overclocked it. In fact, first thing I did after installing it was reset CMOS.

I've checked for minidumps relating to this issue but there are none. I am running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

I've tried doing research but my results are non-conclusive.

A:Strange Behaviour after Upgrading to AMD Quad-Core from Dual-Core

Hello Timmah,
Everything is running OK, you drop in the new CPU, then you start getting problems.
Have you double checked all the connections and power leads, plus all the data cables ?.
Is there a Bios update that will address the issue ?, it may be worth checking the MB manufacturers site.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/267097-strange-behaviour-after-upgrading-amd-quad-core-dual-core.html