Windows Support Forum

Solved: Why is there never the full memory on external/flash memory hard drives?

Q: Solved: Why is there never the full memory on external/flash memory hard drives?

I know the question is awkward. So hopefully, I can explain it.

Say that I have a 500 GB external hard drive. But as it turns out, there's only 465 GB according to it and my computer. Why isn't there 500 Gb, but rather only 465? This also applies to mp3 players like iPods.

Why is this?

Can I do something to get back the "hidden" memory?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Solved: Why is there never the full memory on external/flash memory hard drives?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Solved: Why is there never the full memory on external/flash memory hard drives?
Relevancy 80.91%

Is external hard-drive or memory the easier way to boost speed and performance for those who have limited tech knowledge?

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi guys,

New to the forum so thank you in advance for any light you can shed on my problem.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L655-1EM laptop running windows 7 home premium 64bit. OEM came pre-installed. I've had the laptop about 6 months.

It works great but I seem to get the BSOD quite a lot. I noticed it only seems to happens when I'm using either of my external hard drives or SD cards. Usually when I am transferring a batch of large files between drives.

Any help you can offer in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD when transferring files from memory cards or external hard drives

Hello, Mark080.

First, welcome to Windows Seven Forums !

Second. On this moment, I will try with reinstalling drivers for card reader.
That drivers is free and you can download from Toshiba web site.

Maybe, you installed wrong drivers, not for your lapotop. You need exactly driver for your model of laptop.

Go here and download new : Download Windows 7 drivers:

Then uinstall old drivers and restart computer :
1. Open Start Menu.
2. Right click on Computer.
3. Click on Properties.
4. Open Task Manager (You need administrator privileges to edit drivers)
5. Find your drivers and delete it.
6. Close all windows, save your work, and restart your computer.

Then :
1. Run installation.
2. Restart computer again.

I think that should work.

Relevancy 89.44%

I am running Windows XP SP3 right now on a Lenovo 7650-ELU and experiencing some odd problems. For some reason, the laptop I have will not recognize USB Flash Drives that I put into it or External Hard Drives. I know that the USB ports work correctly, because I have plugged in optical mouses and keyboards that work. I searched the forums and didn't see anything like this.

It's odd how when I first insert them, it makes the sound and shows the icon in the taskbar that would allow me to safely remove the device, but nothing else. So far, I have gone into the device manager and uninstalled all the USB ports and restarted hoping this would solve my problem, but it continues to do the same thing.

If anyone has some helpful advise, please post. I appreciate all the help.

A:USB Ports Don't Recognize Flash Drives or External Hard Drives

Has it ever worked before?
Relevancy 88.58%

I am new to this forum and to posting tech questions online in general so hopefully I can describe what s going on accurately My computer has had no problems to iPod, External device) memory drives working (e.g. external not speak of lately I had not synced my iPod nano in some time maybe a month or two so I plugged it in yesterday to sync it I received the following message quot iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted You may need to restore this iPod before it External drives (e.g. iPod, external memory device) not working can be used with External drives (e.g. iPod, external memory device) not working iTunes quot I have since discovered the problem has nothing to do with External drives (e.g. iPod, external memory device) not working the iPod itself The iPod plays all the music and podcasts that are currently on it just fine When I plug it into my girlfriend s computer her iTunes recognizes it just fine as my iPod and I was able to pull videos off of it I am now pretty certain the problem is with my USB drives I have an external memory drive that I use to back up documents - I had not used this in some time either Out of curiosity I plugged it in and it s not working either When I plug it in and turn it on nothing pops up and when I try to do certain actions to check on it like open My Computer the system freezes and I end up having to manually shut down the computer and restart I have gone through several threads on various forums and tried almost everything but nothing has resolved this issue Some threads suggested that plugging in certain devices can mess up your USB drives like this and a few weeks ago I did plug my girlfriend s printer into one of my USBs - I did get it to work but things were a little screwy with it so I m wondering if somehow that did something Other than that I can t think of anything else that has changed since the last time everything worked So far I have tried changing the drive letter on the iPod I have tried cleaning up my USB drives by using drivecleanup exe I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drives through Device Manager and I tried restoring my computer to a time when everything was working - none of this has fixed the problem and I m now at a loss Also FYI it s not easy for me to reinstall my operating system I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack because I purchased my computer from a custom dealer so I do not own my operating system CDs - they just load the OS onto the computer for you I can take it in to have it reinstalled but it costs and I just did that a few months ago so I really don t want to spend that much to do it again if it s not absolutely necessary especially since everything else on the computer is working fine I am hoping someone will have some insight on this and can help me out Any advice is welcome this has become extremely frustrating and time consuming Thanks Jon nbsp
Relevancy 88.58%

I set up a new computer. Windows 7 Pro 64x
Everything was fine but then I connected a flash drive to it and I get:

Location Not Available
H:\ is not accessible. Access is denied

If I go into the properties to the ?security? tab, it says ?you do not have permission to view or edit this object?s permission settings?

If I go into the ?owner? tab of Advanced Security Settings, current owner says ?Unable to display current owner?
This is on every flash drive and portable hard drive on all 4 usb ports.
I am logged in as the administrator and there is not even another user account on the computer
I?ve run sfc /scannow

I?m absolutely stumped. I?ve never had this happen on any computer where I couldn?t use an external device.

This is not my computer so I?ll have to do whatever remotely.

Thank you for the help.

A:All Flash Drives & External Hard Drives NOT ACCESSIBLE?

Sometimes when I plug in a USB Thumb/Flash drive I get a message about "this device can perform faster if plugged into a USB 2 port" so I shut the computer down and pull the power cord and USB devices from the back of it. After waiting a bit I put everything back and all is good.
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a new computer plus a couple of other computers and I have some external hard drives and flash drives. what is the best way to check these devices to make sure they are clean, will just connecting them and viewing them or running AV and other security checks propose a risk to the computer that is checking?
Thanks for any advise!

A:External Hard drives and flash drives security

You can consider the use of the Panda Vaccine on your computer and USB Drives:
Download Panda USB and AutoRun Vaccine - MajorGeeks

This tool provides a two way security by vaccinating both computer and/or USB drives.
It work on NTFS, FAT, FAT32 formatted drives.
However, vaccinating a USB drive cannot be undone without formatting the USB disk, using a hex editor, or a File Manager in a Linux distribution..

Next, make sure that your Antivirus can scan USB drives. Some do not have this option.
Relevancy 88.58%

My Windows 10 Home laptop will recognize all of my flash drives but won't recognize any of my external hard drives. They all use to show up but now they aren't. The hard drives show up in disk manager but won't show up in file explorer. I hooked them up to other laptops & they all show up. I've tried uninstalling drivers & reinstalling them but It hasn't worked. Any ideas?
Relevancy 88.58%

I seem to be way, way behind the times. I've just heard about these little devices -- USB Flash Memory Drives, and I really think it's for me. So -- I would appreciate recommendations as to brand and anything else that might be helpful to me.

Relevancy 87.29%

Hello I have an HP Media Center memory card drives Flash edition CPU running XP SP It has four memory card slots in the front They normally appear when I select My Computer and are labeled G H I and J They have worked just a few days ago and today they don t show up They don t recognize a card Flash memory card drives when put into the slot Rebooting didn t bring them back I looked in Device manager and everything there says it is working okay I searched the help and support guide and found the drives under Storage Media Drives Libraries All the card drives have a red X infront of them I followed the directions to enable the libraries but they were already enabled All the USB ports work I thought I would try doing a restore to a previous date but found the restore feature had been shut off and all my restore points gone Does anyone know how to get the drives back Thank you Franky

A:Flash memory card drives

Try uninstalling the drivers for said Device Manager...then rebooting.

Relevancy 86.86%

I already found out the hard way that flash drives don't have a registry in which I can install a program to it, and run it on other computers, unless the program is a lite program. Is there a way to make it more flexible in the sense of creating a registry for it?

Next question; Do external hard drives have a registry? Could I install games and or programs to an external and run them directly from it? Is there a way to create a registry for it if it does not have one?
Anyone that has anything else to possibly add, I'm more than happy to explore any and all options, so don't be shy!

Help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

A:External hard drives / flash drives.

i do not know the particulars of it but yes it is possible to copy/paste a programme file from c drive ,programme files, onto flash drive and run it, i do it myself
Relevancy 86.86%

I have windows 7 pro and recently I have not been able to open up a new folder on any external hard drive or flash drive that I use with my computer. When I use these same flash and external hard drives in another computer it works fine, my initial thought is, there is something disabled in my system or some program is blocking me when I try to create a new folder in my drives. need advice and help.

A:Flash drives and external hard drives

It may be your explorer. Run a sfc /scannow in Command Prompt
Relevancy 86.43%

In theory shouldn't I be able to use any flash memory as RAM with Vista, even if it's not ReadyBoost?

A:External flash memory as RAM

From wikipedia;

For a device to be compatible and useful it must conform to the following requirements:

The capacity of the removable media must be at least 256 MB (250 after formatting)
Devices larger than 4 GB will have only 4 GB used for ReadyBoost
The device should have an access time of 1 ms or less
The device must be capable of 2.5 MB/s read speeds for 4 KB random reads spread uniformly across the entire device and 1.75 MB/s write speeds for 512 KB random writes spread uniformly across the device
The device must have at least 235 MB of free space
NTFS, FAT16 and FAT32 are supported

Persistent I/O function of flash used for RAM other than ReadyBoost is not really practical yet.
Relevancy 85.57%

I have the following Hard Drives Internal Main SATA Drive C TB for External Hard Options Drives 3 Full installed of Backup with Windows Professional bit GB used Internal SATA slave drive G GB data GB used Options for Full External Backup of 3 installed Hard Drives Internal SATA slave drive H GB music GB used External USB back-up drive I TB WD My Book GB used - old historical data What I think I want to do is put all my backups on the external USB drive I am leaning towards a full system image backup of the C Drive and data file backups of the G and H drives that I would like to be accessible as data files Q Is this a reasonable objective for backups Q Can I do this within the Windows Backup utility or should I consider another program Q Do in need to partition the I drive to reflect these three backup drives thus limiting the potential of backups competing for space Q I was thinking of C system image backups weekly and the G amp H backups done incrementally after an initial full backup What do you think suggest Vic

A:Options for Full External Backup of 3 installed Hard Drives

Hi VJBenz and welcome to Seven Forums. That is a reasonable strategy but would be difficult but not impossible with Windows Backup. I would suggest using Macrium Reflect free edition for the imaging and FreeFileSync for the data backups. The link to both is in my signature. This is a tutorial of backing up with Macrium. Imaging with free Macrium and this with FreeFileSync. Backup With FreeFileSync - YouTube
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I'm having a helluva time with getting my Lenovo Y P to recognize any USB flash drives or external HD Laptop is virtually new Came with Win but I installed Windows Pro Service Pack Immediately downloaded and installed all Windows updates From Lenovo I installed all of the latest drivers and updates including BIOS Genesys USB mass storage device Intel chipset driver and Intel rapid storage technology Laptop works great except for this issue I can see the flash drive in device manager but nothing in Computer folder Same goes for Disk Management no flash drive appears I have no virtual drives installed so currently no Daemon Tools or similar When I plug the drive into any of the USB ports are is the laptop makes the typical sound that you've connected something These flash drives and external HD work fine in my other computers here at home laptops and desktop Some run Win the other Win I tried going to Device Manager and uninstalling all USB controllers and hubs including drivers then hard can't external access flash drive drives or restarting My OS reinstalled everything as soon as I plugged in my mouse and or flash drive if I recall correctly but same issue persists I also ran can't access flash drives or external hard drive DriveCleanup claims to be quot command app that helps to can't access flash drives or external hard drive remove orphaned entries of various drives from the device tree of your system quot Same issue persists In case useful I'm posting a few photos including one of the flash drive properties from a working computer and one from this problematic laptop Obvious differences are that on the working computer the flash drive can't access flash drives or external hard drive properties under General tab the status says quot device is working properly quot and location is quot USB mass storage device quot under Driver tab it displays the specific model of the flash drive and the MS driver information On the bad computer the general tab says quot No drivers are installed for this device quot and location is quot Location quot but under the Driver tab it shows has correct model and MS driver information as when connected to the working laptop Any ideas or troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated Thanks for reading Josh

A:can't access flash drives or external hard drive

FYI here are pix of BIOS main page and configuration info (USB legacy is enabled).
Relevancy 83.42%

Sir I have a problem in my C drive that program files folder gets full without installing any software and windows shows a warning that there is low disk space in drive C I m posting my log please help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Hard full Drive is memory showing Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscript exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB Hard Drive is showing full memory realsched exe C Program Files Real Hard Drive is showing full memory RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv Hard Drive is showing full memory exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http shyam com np R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title shyam com np R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system wscript exe C WINDOWS system VirusRemoval vbs O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO QUICKfind BHO Object - C DF A- E - E - AB -D F - C PROGRA TEXTware QUICKF PlugIns IEHelp dll O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run wsctf exe wsctf exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run PC Suite Tray quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe quot -onlytray O - HKUS S- - - Run Nokia PCSync quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe quot NoDialog User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run Nokia PCSync quot C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe quot NoDialog User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - Service avast Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe O - Service avast Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe O - Service C-DillaCdaC BA - Macrovision - C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service NBService - Nero AG - C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe O - Service NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C Program Files Common Fi... Read more
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone
Relevancy 82.56%

The issue happens on multiple platforms - wont load memory up 3 External Windows drives disk USB storage SSD 10 PC and LapTops running Win Issues are with Windows 10 wont load up USB 3 External SSD memory storage disk drives Samsung Portable SSD MU-PS direct USB output - I have tried several of these Drives and all wont work and SanDisk Exterme Pro SATA in a quot SATAIII to USB external enclosure Vantec NexStar G NST- S An explanation mark comes up beside these drives under Windows 10 wont load up USB 3 External SSD memory storage disk drives Disk Drives in Device Manager Not seen in Disk Management BOTH of these SSD disk drives work well under Win - without ANY problem at all These are both new SSD Disk Drives I have even tried formatting them st under Win - but Win still won't Mount them despite them working nicely under Win I have tried using the Disk Drives latest drivers to no avail So the issue is not with any particular Win computer ASUS PC ASUS ROG amp HP laptop nor with any particular SSD drive Multiple complaints and unsuccessful quot helpful quot suggestions are on the various Web Forums about this SAME problem This suggests to me that there is a serious problem with Win that Microsoft has not addressed yet As an aside - I am now using a HP PC Z and I have gone back to using Win - I won't touch install Win upgrade from Win - there is a serious issue with this OS in my opinion Same conclusion by my IT department at work - they wont touch Win either - months ago they upgraded our large multi- PC systems from XP to Win I have have had a look at HP website to what needs to occur to run Win on my HP Z - NO way will I attempt this upgrade Both of my external SSD external drives work nicely under Win
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello all,

I'm new to the concept of cache memory in hard drives. Could anyone explain to me exactly what this means? I'm not too knowledgeable with Hard Drives other than space specifications and such. I was looking at hard drives today and they are advertising them with "8 mb Cache"? What are the pros and cons with these hard drives and speeds? Is there really so much more to drives other than how many Gigs they are? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 82.13%

If this is in the wrong forum please move it to the right place thanks Alright so this all started a lot of months ago but now it's getting really annoying At first I noticed my laptop acting up with my Sandisk flash drive that I've had for years It'd take a while to connect then after it did whenever I'd eject it through the devices panel it'd say that the flash drive needed to be troubleshooted It could never find what the problem was Plugged in my newer flash drive and it acted the same Finally tried my Seagate Slim Portable and the same thing happened Then after a while whenever I'd plug in one of them my laptop fan would kick up on high and my cpu would start to spike pretty high It wouldn't happen immediately but after at least a minute of having it plugged in this would happen Once I ejected it the cpu would still be spiking and I'd have to restart the computer to get it to stop Also sometimes when plugging one in my cursor would really slow down or freeze for a bit then be normal again This happens no matter what usb port I try Just recently when I decided to plug in my external hard drive into a different port the screen literally FROZE even my cursor disappeared and no keyboard input so I had to force it off I've tried checking if the ports needed driver updates but they're supposedly up to date I've scanned my computer but nothings there My computer has the latest updates too I've even checked my settings to high performance Is there any way to find out what's causing this

A:External hard drive/flash drives causing high cpu and slowdown

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
How long have you been using Trend Micro
Not a good sign imho
Often to correct problems a system needs to be clean installed.
Use Panda instead.
Relevancy 81.7%

With reports from Computex 2007, several prototype products were coming out. One was PQI's "Flash Hard Drive 256 GB". I suppose this is similar to SSD. Anyway, if you use Flash HDD or SSD, do we have need for traditional Memory in their conventional slot then?

A:FLASH HARD DRIVE to do away with memory?

Considering that a flash drive has a latency of ~100000 ns versus ~50ns of DDR2 RAM and you have ~100MB/s throughput versus ~6000MB/s of DDR2..
Relevancy 80.41%

Intel Pentium motherboard Gh G Ram Two G WD Hard Drives K FG DVD Player and DVD-RW Windows XP Professional SP I attempted to restart my computer after restart Can't not read computer; memory hard & drives two programs stopped responding and could not be shut down Shut down failed so I manually turned off the computer When I attempted to restart the initial screen showed Award Modular v Bios Intel i P AGPSet BIOS for Main Processor Intel Pentium CPU GHz X lt CPUID OF Patch ID gt After that it fails to read the RAM or the hard drives and the screen stays as it is although it begins to deteriorate over time The Bottom of the screen offers the DEL option Can't restart computer; memory & hard drives not read to enter the BIOS but it doesn t respond Oooops last night I tried this repeatedly and after some wait This time when I restarted so that I could report the readout the computer started Could that be the Power Supply the memory or the motherboard TIA nbsp

A:Can't restart computer; memory & hard drives not read

Unfornately it could be just about anything at this point.

The first and easiest thing to try is to open up the case and find the CLEAR CMOS jumper. Move the jumper from the normal to the clear position for a few seconds then move it back. Do this with the power off. To find the location of this jumper refer to the motherboard manual which can also be downloaded from the web. It might also be nicely labelled on the motherboard itself.
Relevancy 80.41%

Have a question regarding how to get memory off of external drive. I want to delete all memory from my hard drive. How do I do this? Thanks.

Relevancy 80.41%

Just bought an external hard drive with 160GB memory. I tried to download all of my present hard drive file 32GB to the external one. It transfered 4GB and then I got an error message saying "you have either run out of space or the backup file is too large for the disk. Note, if the disk is formatted with FAT32 the maximum possible size for the backup file is limited to 4GB."
I have no idea what all of this means. Can you help me? I have windows XP.

Relevancy 80.41%

I've been looking at the Surface Pro and other tablet/laptop convertible machines fitted with Win 8. The top-end models usually offer only flash memory in stead of a hard drive. The standard 128 GB flash memory available seems hopelessly inadequate for storing Win 8, a full range of programs and a decent amount of data. Most of these thin, expensive models have only one or two USB ports available. Where must the necessary memory come from? Must an external hard drive be carried along? Nothing wears a USB port out more quickly than a fairly heavy external device such as a hard drive dangling from it in mobile situations.

A:Lack of needed memory on flash memory Win 8 machines

You can add extra storage with SD cards on some of them. It's not ideal but better than nothing I guess.
Relevancy 79.55%

I am running Windows 7 and have 4 SATA hard drives. (One of which is partitioned and has the system software installed on one of the partitions.) My Computer will show all 4 hard drives for about 2-3 weeks, and suddenly one day on startup it will show only 3, or even 2 sometimes. I can swap memory sticks in different slots, and, once again, it will show all hard drives for 2-3 weeks. Why do I keep having to swap memory and is there an app or other solution to this problem, so I don't have to keep doing this over and over?

A:Memory swap required for My Computer to see all SATA hard drives

Hello and welcome rodo first up

Can we have some systemspecs please as what you have posted gives us not that much (or anythingat all with some folks) to work with and given there are so many manufacturersof components and configurations that do influence what goes on within anygiven machine and OS.
System Info - See YourSystem Specs

Now for starters the amount of RAM you have is in my view way too little you should be running a minimum of 4GB preferably 6- 8GB if your machine will support that and that is why we need those specs .
For an example imagine the CPU is the bucket holding a known amount of water (data) and you pour that water into the second bucket (RAM) and you do that through a funnel with a 1 inch outlet then it will take the RAM bucket a long time to fill and that water will then flow very slowly onward to whatever you are trying to do from the RAM bucket.
Now if you do the same thing and you make the the RAM bucket larger the CPU bucket has more channels (more funnel outlets) for the CPU can use to transfer the water (data) to the RAM bucket (through more funnels) - so your RAM bucket of data will be ready much faster than it sounds like it is now. Then that data is also available faster to the drives etc etc

Lecture over I would suggest you run these too in any case in safe mode< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2 >in safe mode if need be
Relevancy 78.69%

I just don't seem to have good luck with external hard drives.

This is my 4th external for my Macbook Pro. I will admit that they external gets bumped more than it should although I try to be careful, but does this always make the external useless. I seem to be constantly getting corrupt external hard drives messages.

Is there an external hard drive that is a little more durable than others? Or, should I just use memory sticks? If so, can anyone recommend a brand?

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 78.69%

Im fully aware of why one would'nt be able to get Windows XP to use a full four gigabytes of memory but I thought I had taken the appropriate steps to remedy the problem. Im using the 64-bit version of Windows XP Pro and I've enabled memory hole remapping in my motherboards BIOS but for whatever reason windows is still telling me im only using around 3GB of memory. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 78.69%

Hey Guys!

I was recently checking my PC for anything going wrong. I then noticed that all this time my computer is running 448MB or RAM and not the 512MB I have inside. Does anyone know how to make it so it uses full memory (512MB)?

I appreciate your time and effort.

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a 60GB hard drive that says it is full. I have relatively few programs on my machine and only about 10 GB worth of music/pictures/movies. What is using all my hard drive memory and how do I fix? Does XP save the files in two places?

A:Memory Usage - Memory is almost full

Disk Pie
Relevancy 77.83%

I am not very knowledgeable about the inner workings of computers and would appreciate your help on the following I m running desktop PC with Vista with GB of memory The Windows Gadget that shows CPU amd memory useage shows that memory is between and at all times and fluctuates very little when using different amounts of various programs simultaneously My PC runs slower since this problem began I had this problem once before and had to take the PC into the shop because it slowed the computer to a complete stop part Memory all time full 40% Solved: the of the way into running Solved: Memory 40% full all the time a system scan using Norton Internet security They said that the problem was caused by having Spy Sweeper installed with Norton Internet Security and or my webcam They subsequently removed Spy Sweeper and quot fixed quot the WebCam problem Unfortunately I didn Solved: Memory 40% full all the time t find out what the fix was After that the PC ran normally for several months until recently I d like to figure out how to find and fix this problem myself since it apparently is not a one time event Would appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

My canon Vixia HF M41 internal memory is full but I can't access the files on the camera or with the computer. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 77.83%

In my XP Pro service pack 3, fully updated the full 4 GB of memory is not detected and used. In the System Properties and the Task Manager/ Performance/ Physical Memory it does only show 3.25 GB of RAM. But in the System Information it shows the full 4 GB. I did see at a Microsoft web site that XP 32 bit should detect and use up to a maximum of 4 GB, so what trick can I do to solve this issue. And in the BIOS the memory detected is; 4096 MB which is 4 GB, thanks.

Relevancy 76.97%

Please tell me how to empty my internal memory and where is it im a natural comp illiterate

A:Solved: Easyshare internal memory is full

delete the pictures that are on it. its better so use a memory card. what kind of camera
Relevancy 76.54%

I ahve a 256MB memory drive that I depend on quite alot. I was using the software that came with it to parition it, 200MB 'Public' drive and 50MB private, accessable only via the program with a password.
So I left it formatting, I ahve USB 1 so I figured it'd take a while. Then the light on the front didn't do it's usual of blinking rapidly or flashing slowly on, off, on, off. But stayed on. The program crashed. I unplugged the memory drive, no response from the program. Re-booted, plugged in the memory drive and it refuses to work. No lights, nothing in my computer...
Is there anyway to rescue it as I depend on it heavily.

A:Solved: USB Memory Drives

FWIW, I find those "private" area drivers for USB drives to be a PITA. I just keep the drive in my pocket, and if I need a "private" area, I just ZIP the file(s) and use a password.

I suggest trying my USB rain-dance, and then attempting a format in Disk Management.

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- cut here --------------------------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

-------------------------- cut here --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an Asus K V-VM I have MB of memory installed sticks of MB of which MB Detecting Not Solved: Capacity Memory Motherboard Full is available Not sure what to do from here I d like to have it register all the memory of course but it hasn t caused any crashes YET It s a client s computer so of course when I return it something will go wrong and it will be because of the memory if I don t nip it now Here s what I ve tried Memtest on individual memory sticks Switching memory sticks out with one known good one Kingston same Solved: Motherboard Not Detecting Full Memory Capacity problem MB of MB detected Putting only one memory stick in at a time in different banks Updated BIOS IMPORTANT This problem exists from the BIOS forward so Solved: Motherboard Not Detecting Full Memory Capacity it exists independent of the OS but for kicks it is XP Home fully updated Also the memory sticks are rated as DDR but the board doesn t seem to get it the frequency sits at MHz I can t manually change the settings and the BIOS screen is different from the manual This is true regardless of which memory stick is in there nbsp

A:Solved: Motherboard Not Detecting Full Memory Capacity

You have 64MB of RAM going towards onboard video. Onboard video shares the system RAM since there is no dedicated RAM available for the onboard video. On most BIOS's, you can set how much RAM gets shared with the video card. Hope this helps.
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi again,

A friend of mine has been having problems with her computer and she has been trying to save her buisness files to a CD of floppy but she can't. I'm wondering however if a flash memory would be OK to use instead? Any ideas?
Thank you

Relevancy 74.82%

Pny said I didnt need any drivers with Xp but I put the mem stick in and the computer. Can I find drivers for it.

attache memory card 256mhz
How can i fix it????

A:Solved: PNY 256 Flash Memory usb not recognized in XP

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Sony 256mb Micro Vault that I'm having alot of problems with. A while ago it worked perfecting then by some fluke (don't ask me what I was thinking at the time) I tired to format it in ext3. This was obviously a stupid mistake cause now I can't use it in either Linux or Windows. I'm looking for some way to just wipe it clean and back to normal so things can be like the good ol' days.
Oh and the windows "disk format" option doesn't work.

Relevancy 73.96%

So I bought a Dane-Elec 4GB flash drive 6 months ago.. And the first thing I did was to test wether is capacity really was 4 gigs or not.. and it was.. I transfered 4 gigs of data onto it and back.. no problem there..

But now I tried to move a file of 3 gigs onto it and XP told me that there wasn't enough space!
I was like "WTF"

So I checked it, and now it sais that it only has 1,42GB available place!

I tried to format it, and nothing.. Still same amount of space!

What could have caused this? And how do I recover my missing space?

A:Solved: Missing memory on USB Flash Drive

Nevermind.. I forgot I've made some Linux partitions on it in the past.. That's why I couldn't get more space out of it in windows!
Relevancy 73.96%

BSOD whenever a usb device gets plugged -flash drives, external drives

- Thanks for having this forum

A:BSOD whenever a usb device gets plugged -flash drives, external drives

* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8000348bda9, fffff880039bcd58, fffff880039bc5b0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
Probably caused by : disk.sys ( disk! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+70f )

Followup: MachineOwner

2: kd> lmvm snapman
start end module name
fffff880`01e00000 fffff880`01e46000 snapman T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: snapman.sys
Image path: snapman.sys
Image name: snapman.sys
Timestamp: Wed Mar 09 23:52:38 2011 (4D777F1E)
CheckSum: 0004F614
ImageSize: 00046000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Ensure Windows is updated, then reboot and update your Acronis installation:
Backup software for data backup and disaster recovery in Windows and Linux - Acronis
Relevancy 73.53%

My Mother in law has a Maxtor One Touch External hard drive. It doesn't have the features she want's on it. Friend of hers says that they can take snapshots of the desktop, start menu, favorites etc. And save them. Apparently the One Touch doesn't offer this. My question, anyone know of which External Hard Drives do offer this feature. I've researched some from Segate and WD but haven't found anything specific. Anyone own one that has these feature? Or if not know of ones that do? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 73.53%

I'm heading to Afghanistan in the next few weeks and I needed to get an external hard drive that I could transfer all my games and data to. I've read complaints about a lot of the hard drives not being able to transfer some of the games because they were too big for fat32 format. I was just wondering if someone that knows a lot could point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Relevancy 73.53%

Any opinions on usung external hard drives to back-up files?

Relevancy 73.1%

I bought a 16GB compact flash memory card for my Canon Powershot A95 camera and formatted it in the camera. Now it only shows 7.36 GB of memory. I have since read that I should have formatted it in my PC as the camera cannot cope with more than 8GB and has partitioned the card. Please can anyone tell me how to get back to the full capacity on the card? I am not too confident about fiddling too deep in the workings of my PC!

Relevancy 73.1%

i am using xp sp2 (home edition), it was infected by which was detected and deleted by kaspersky antivirus.. however i had to manually delete files from the registry that were called

afterwards i wasnt able to access my C drive by double clicking it, i received "open with" prompt. i googled this problem and was able to solve it

now i have the same issue with flash memory, i used different flash memories and i always get "open with prompt" even if i right click and chose open or explore...
i can open it by writing the drive letter in address

i checked for autorun files (showed hidden files.....) but they didnt exist

i think its some thing with the registry but Any suggestions???......

A:Solved: can't open flash memory by double click!!!

Welcome to TSG hamlet123

Here is some information that will be useful to you:

In some situation especially when anti-virus program has cleaned, healed, disinfected or removed a worm, trojan horse or virus from computer, there may be error happening whenever users try to open or access the drive by double clicking on the disk drive icon in Explorer or My Computer window to try to enter the drive&#8217;s folder. The problem or symptom happens in hard disk drive, portable hard disk drive or USB flash drive, and Windows will prompt a dialog box with the following message:

Windows Script Host

Can not find script file autorun.vbs.

Sometimes you will be asked to debug the VBScript with error code of 800A041F - Unexpected &#8216;Next&#8217;.

Choose the program you want to use to open this file with:

In this case, the &#8220;Always use the selected program to open this kind of file&#8221; option is grayed out.

The symptom occurs because when autorun.vbs is created by trojan horse or virus. The virus normally loads autorun.inf file to root folder of all hard drive or USB drive, and then execute autorun.bat file which contains script to apply and merge autorun.reg into the registry, with possible change to the following registry key to ensure that virus is loaded when system starts:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

Finally, autorun.bat will call wscript.exe to run autorun.vbs.

When antivirus or security software detected the autorun.vbs file as infected, the file will be deleted or removed or quarantined. However, other files (autorun.*&#65289; and registry value still referring to autorun.vbs, and this document no longer exists, hence the error when users double click to open a drive folder.

To correct and solve this error, follow this steps:

1. Run Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del or right click on Taskbar)
2. Stop wscript.exe process if available by highlighting the process name and clicking End Process.
3. Then terminate explorer.exe process.
4. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run&#8230.
5. Type &#8220;cmd&#8221; (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
6. Type the following command one by one followed by hitting Enter key:

del c:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del d:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a
del e:\autorun.* /f /s /q /a

c, d, e each represents drive letters on Windows system. If there are more drives or partitions available, continue to command by altering to other drive letter. Note that you must also clean the autorun files from USB flash drive or portable hard disk as the external drive may also be infected.
7. In Task Manager, click on File -> New Task (Run&#8230.
8. Type &#8220;regedit&#8221; (without quotes) into the Open text box and click OK.
9. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
10. Check if the value name and value data for the key is correct (the value data of userint.exe include the path which may be different than C drive, which is also valid, note also the comma which is also needed):

If the value is incorrent, modify it to the valid value data.Click to expand...
Original Article

If that doesn't work, try downloading Flash Disinfector.

* Double-click Flash Disinfector.exe to run it. Follow any prompts that may appear.
* Your desktop will vanish for a while, and then reappear. This is normal.
* Wait until the program has finished scanning, then please exit the program.
* Restart your computer and see if problem still persists.

Try and see if it helps or not. Good Luck.
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Sony Vaio 32 GB , whenever i put data on it , it corrupt it, if i put folders it change to be icon with no extension !!
I formatted it by windows and by Herin and still the same problem.
It accept the files, and play it well, then suddenly it corrupt it and not accept to add more.

any solution ?!!

Relevancy 72.67%

Lately, I have had a lot of customers bring in brand new, in-the-box, external hard drives for me to transfer data to from their old broken down PCs or whatever the case may be. I have had quite a few come back very shortly thereafter with either failing or dead hard drives. These have ranged from LaCie brands to Western Digital MyBooks and Passports as well as Seagate FreeAgents and others.

I understand the different reasons for the hard drive itself going bad, but not after only a few hours of use. This seems to be much more frequent in the new external drives versus new internal hard drives. Is there known to be flaws in the boards within these external enclosures?

Any new input would be great. Thanks very much.

Relevancy 72.67%

I have 3 identical new Maxtor external hard drives. I would like to install them so that Windows XP recognizes all 3 separately (assigns 3 different permanent drive letters). I plan to have only one plugged into a single USB 2.0 port at any given time but would like for Windows to know which one it is. Is this possible?

Relevancy 72.67%

I've bought 4 different hard drives and none of them recognize on my computer. Not on device manager, disc management, my computer, nowhere. The power comes on on em though. Wutz up. Wut could be the problem. im runnin on windows xp.

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi ,
Just wondering, is it my luck? that is the fourth flash memory SD card I try for first use and it gives me memory card error right after inserting it , I used to devices for reading: card reader in my HP officejet printer and Canonpowershot camera.
Cards are:
Patriot signature class 4 4gb
Kingston class 4 8gb
Kingstion micro sd with adapter
last one today Transcend class 10 8gb
I have a old kingston 2 Gb still working fine in the camera and in the HP printer.
I tried all the recovery software I could find to try to format it but the cards are not recognized.
I insert the cards unlocked for first use to format them at first but I can't reach this stage since I have memory card error right away.
I don't know what to do, I find it ridiculous to continue buying cards that won't work.
Any suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 72.24%

System Vista Home Premium Sony Vaio Computer acomdata external hard disc drives - USB connectors Six months ago I converted all of the Ext HDs from fat to NTFS using the windows utility in order to store multi gb files Today I attempted to store a External NTSF Solved: Hard to Fat 32 reverted Drives from gb single file on one of the hard disks and received an insufficient space notice When I Solved: External Hard Drives reverted from NTSF to Fat 32 checked Computer - Drive - Properties I found that my format had changed back to Fat I then checked quot format quot on the right click menu and found that the file system of the drive was still listed as NTFS Default And there was an option to quot restore defaults quot Will this option restore the NTSF in properties without deleting content from the drive I assume that regardless of what properties indicates it still must have the NTSF Solved: External Hard Drives reverted from NTSF to Fat 32 directories because there are several single files of over gb on the drive Three of the other drives have the same issue Sorry if this is a newbie problem but your assistance would be greatly appreciated Zenos nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All,
Well, I'm not very computer Savvy. My question is this: I have two external hard drives a; 250 GB and a 500 GB. I do alot of Genealogy and was wondering if I would be able to put my Family Tree Maker software program and Photo shop programs on the External Hard drives so as to save some space on my internal drive as it is getting pretty full? If so -do I do it like normal or would I have to install my Windows XP operating system on the external drives first! Any help would be appreciated as I said I'm not very litterate when it comes to computers (smile).
in Idaho

Relevancy 72.24%

I have two Seagate FreeAgent external hard drives (500 GB). They come with a simple piece of backup software. I use these hard drives to store photographs, mostly, although there are some other things. The hard drives are exact copies - I use one to backup the other.

I was wanting to know - if I delete a file or folder from one drive, will it delete it from the other drive when I run the backup software? Or does the backup software only copy new files or folders?

I'd like for one drive to perfectly mirror the other. In other words, what I delete from one drive I'd like to have deleted from the other, without having to go into both drives to do the deleting.

If it doesn't work this way, can someone recommend a method that will do this?

Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys I've been a fan of your forum for a while and didn't create an account til now I'm at my wits end and I'm desperate for help My posts on other forums have been won't Flash install drives drives & external ignored so I'll try here It all started when I bought Flash drives & external drives won't install the Dingoo A game system In order for it to work with Windows I had to replace the USBSTOR sys file with another Everything seemed fine except the file transfer to my Dingoo was exceptionally slow Eventually I followed instructions months ago and somehow got my Dingoo to not use it's preinstalled China Chip Drivers but Windows's mass storage driver Everything seemed fine for months until I bought a portable hard drive Seagate Freeagent Go Flex After spending hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't install I returned it about a week later I picked out a Patriot GB Flash Drive as a replacement to the Freeagent Go Surprise surprise drivers won't install Old flash drives still work they were installed before the Dingoo incident I've tried -Uninstalling and reinstalling device plenty of times -Pointed Windows towards quot system drivers quot and didn't help -Replaced USBSTOR sys with Windows XP version -Replaced USBSTOR sys with Windows Vista version -Checked for corrupted system files -Tried Driver Genius I'm at my wits end I have so many important files on this OS and I don't want to restore the OS I've backed up some of my files thanks to Ubuntu where the flash drive works without a hitch I've asked on other forums for someone to upload their USBSTOR sys and no one replied I'm also thinking that maybe the registry could be screwed up maybe for some reason it's told NOT to install the flash drive Not really sure I'd appreciate any help guys You have a great forum here -Hack r Or just call me Nick

A:Flash drives & external drives won't install

Never mind. After getting no help on multiple forums, I've had enough of Windows 7.

Installing Windows XP Pro SP3.
Relevancy 71.38%

I thought I d post this here since it might be a hardware problem Anyways my computer has been running extremely slow lately more so than usual I haven t really changed anything however My computer has been crashing lately giving me a quot Memory Management quot or quot Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal quot BSOD I m not sure what to do This usually happens when running an audio program external monitor, audio Problems memory, - Solved: of Slew since it takes the most memory to run so it might be my external audio interface however I ve had the BSODs while not in the program Also my Dell quot monitor has Solved: Slew of Problems - monitor, memory, external audio been whiting out regularly rendering it useless until the screen comes back Turning it off then on is no help It s usually a gamble when it will work or not It s also got a straight vertical yellow line on it Kind of like a dead pixel but a whole line of them It s not my video card since my video card runs both of my monitors Comp specs Dell Dimension Windows XP SP Intel Pentium Ghz GB Ram Kingston EVGA GeForce MB PCI Acer quot Dell quot nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Last week I purchased two factory refurbished Seagate MB external hard drives with USB connections but powered by AC adapters They are being used or would be if they worked on an HP laptop and desktop both running Windows bit with all updates and fixes installed Out of the box neither was recognized by Windows If I disconnect and reconnect they sometimes work for a few seconds before I receive error code I have attempted to troubleshoot the problem by switching computers changing USB ports deleting and reinstalling USB ports updating drivers and a couple of other things I can t remember I downloaded a troubleshooter from Seagate but it will not work because the drive is not recognized by Windows All USB ports on both computers function normally with other USB devices I error drives hard 7 Windows - 43 code Solved: external would appreciate help with this because Seagate tells me the drives are out of warranty and the seller says Seagate must handle all returns This is my system info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Solved: Windows 7 error code 43 - external hard drives D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN ALOE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I've got a REALLY annoying one here I've got extra TB Seagate drive Seagate TB External hard drive - Mbps - rpm I use these to make backups of my hard drives x SSD hybrid and SATA I brought this new machine back in April and it was working fine up until then However after trying to install some software which didn't wanna install in the end anyway due to it being rubbish I can now no longer see these drives on my PC The weird part too - is that Windows - drives 7 stopped [SOLVED] hard being external found? my [SOLVED] Windows 7 - external hard drives stopped being found? Win laptop has exactly the same issue [SOLVED] Windows 7 - external hard drives stopped being found? but my brothers Vista laptop and Win PC see them just fine To start with I was thinking the drive had gone faulty as it wasn't working on both my machines but after testing it on my brothers stuff it prooved they are both working fine The USB's I'm using to connect it to are fine They work for USB sticks and other USB kit so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what it could be The even weirder thing - is that my brothers gb external drive can't remember what make that was but its not Seagate works just fine Anyone got any suggestions Its driving me up the wall as I can't do my daily backups I'm a software developer so having a current backup of my PC incase of a fatal up with my system is vital for me TIA for any suggestion Andy

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 - external hard drives stopped being found?

Originally Posted by youradds

after trying to install some software (which didn't wanna install in the end anyway, due to it being rubbish!), I can now no longer see these drives on my PC

Hi -

See if system restore can help - choose a restore point prior to the software installs -
START | type rstrui

Regards. . .

Relevancy 70.95%

now im a computer tec and i know that memory cards and hdd are sold as quot base quot like gb mb to them instead of mb but im revisiting this question because i was looking into this for some time now and there are some people claiming thats its possible to use drive? memory drive/ on flash a to all Nearly Possibility hard use more then actual memory on these devices now i saw a thread a while back cant find it now though but these people say that its possible with some mods Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive? to get more memory out of your device now from what i remember this apparently does not go without risk They say if you push it too far you could damage your Drive card I believe this is possible because on Compact Disk and dvd's some drives have a quot overburn quot feature This overburn has a ability to burn a little past the standard limit at your own risk one more thisn i remember is that this was mainly done in the linux OS anyone know anything on the subject
Relevancy 70.95%

now im a computer tec and i know that memory cards and hdd are sold as quot base quot like gb mb to them instead of mb but im revisiting this question because i was looking into this for some time all drive? a drive/ use memory to Nearly flash Possibility on hard now and there are some people claiming thats its possible to use more then actual memory on these devices now Possibility to use Nearly all memory on a flash drive/ hard drive? i saw a thread a while back cant find it now though but these people say that its possible with some mods to get more memory out of your device now from what i remember this apparently does not go without risk They say if you push it too far you could damage your Drive card I believe this is possible because on Compact Disk and dvd's some drives have a quot overburn quot feature This overburn has a ability to burn a little past the standard limit at your own risk one more thisn i remember is that this was mainly done in the linux OS anyone know anything on the subject
Relevancy 70.52%

i am going home for winter break and i wanted to take over some videos i had on my hard drive, but the problem is that it is an internal hard drive, and i want to be able to transfer the data to a laptop. Is there a way that you can turn an internal hard drive into an external hard drive? Or is there a piece of hardware that will alow me to do this?

Relevancy 70.52%

I have two PC s using PC's drive New lost drives/external Solved: - hard network to other connection XP Solved: New hard drive - lost network connection to other PC's drives/external Home SP and networked through a BT Home hub Both of the PC s have external hard Solved: New hard drive - lost network connection to other PC's drives/external drives attached and each of those external drives along with its folders have been visible to the other via Windows Explorer I have just installed a new hard drive Solved: New hard drive - lost network connection to other PC's drives/external on PC and restored an image created the day before Each of those external drives can still be seen from their OWN Windows Explorer If I try to access the others external drive I receive Not enough server storage is available to process this command I also now find that internal drive that holds my data on PC that was shared and accessed without a problem now also produces Not enough server storage is available to process this command I have selected an external drive and removed sharing from it and then allowed it to be shared under a different name so that I could ensure that the other PC could see the new name The other PC was immediately able to see the newly named external drive The content of that newly named folder cannot be accessed The network path was not found Can anyone help nbsp

A:Solved: New hard drive - lost network connection to other PC's drives/external
Relevancy 70.09%

--------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory Memory,Dedicated consistant Memory,Shared not Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICK-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack longhorn rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model G S BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode A person in my thread here http forums worldofwarcraft com thread html topicId amp postId amp sid said That doesn t look right my GTS displays Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Could you have bad videocard memory Or maybe reinstal direct X Click to expand So I m not sure where to start and I Display Memory,Dedicated Memory,Shared Memory not consistant m hoping someone here can point me into the right direction as to what it is I need to do to fix this problem I ve been having with graphical Discrpencies in World of Warcraft I haven t notice any in Call of Duty nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

A friend of mine has a Maxtor 120gb hard drive that has beem formated and reformateded and also partitioned. The problem is this-- He recently had a new computer built and took this drive out and had it installed in his new box BUT the drive now will only seem to format to 40gb. No matter what he does it will not go back to 120 gb. Any ideas what is going on? He sure doesn't want buy another new H/D.

A:Solved: Hard drive memory

What are the specs of the new system?
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm using Windows 7.
My D: Drive has 11.6 GB of space. It says that it is now 98.6 MB free of 11.6 GB. However, the contents inside the drive only add up to 1.26 GB. How do I fix this problem?

A:Solved: Hard Drive Memory

Used TreeSize Free to find out the other 10 GB.
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I split my harddrive into 2 partitions and installed linux. I use windows 7 on the main partition and had ubuntu 10.10 on the other but I want to just remove ubuntu because I am going to add it to a different computer instead. I just removed the partition that ubuntu is on and it says I have free memory now instead of the ubuntu partitions.
How do I re-add that memory to my main C drive?

A:Solved: Hard drive memory adding

If you are looking to resize the C partition you could use Partition Wizard Home (freeware):

I have used the program to resize partitions and it worked flawlessly.
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi It didn t usually do this but probably after some windows update Windows Solved: memory leak going? memory is 8.1 all my where it started happening of gb ram Solved: Windows 8.1 where is all my memory going? memory leak used when idle Task manager and resource monitor doesn t show what is using the memory When I add up all the services it doesn t even add up to More like - of total ram Does anyone have a fix I ve looked and already tried disabling the ndu sys via the regedit changing value of start to It didn t work If you don t have a fix perhaps you can guide me in trying to identify the problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD SAMSUNG NP Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Don t know why it says windows defender is disabled It is not Also the system info utility did not detect my AMD Radeon HD m mb Windows was upgraded from to a few months and and didn t display said problem until recently Windows is legit and registered etc nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 8.1 where is all my memory going? memory leak

Ok, I had hyper-v enabled. Although it wasn't running, it seems as though windows was still reserving some resources for it. Once I disabled it via "turn windows features on or off" and restarted my memory usage immediately returned to the way it was.
Relevancy 68.8%

I reinstalled Vista not too long ago and things seemed to be going smoothly Then one day I noticed that the computer would stop responding and would stay like that for long periods of time It would eventually fix but about a minute later it would freeze again and stay that way for about five minutes Well the first time it happened I just ignored it by restarting the computer For a long time it had all Solved: memory then little memory uses uses Vista constantly... stopped doing that Until recently though it has been doing it again and I have no idea why The strange thing is I haven t installed anything recent except a few games and I haven t messed with anything crucial to windows Another thing I don t even have to touch the computer or activate anything it ll just do it Solved: Vista uses little memory then uses all memory constantly... automatically watch as no programs run yet Vista will off and on take up all the memory The quot Freeze quot moments will last a good - minutes and I may have a good minute before it uses up all mb of memory again Also sometimes restarting will fix it for a while while sometimes I can restart and it ll happen instantly Here is what happens whenever it starts doing what I am talking about Sorry that the picture is so big It ll use up all the ram then it ll lower a bit But things won t work still then it ll lower to about mb of memory I can do stuff during that time but eventually it ll kick back up to using all mb of memory Yes I know I should have a lot more for Vista but this is how HP packed my computer and I have too long of a story when I tried to upgrade it long story short the memory sticks which were suppose to work fine and dandy with my computer nearly destroyed the Laptop Here is a snippit of all the processes that are running on my computer Any information about this would be great I just bought a tb hard drive so if I have to reinstall Vista to fix this problem that ll be no problem Edit Forgot my system specs I have a HP Pavilion DV wm Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack gig of Ram Ghz of memory nVidia GeForce m nForce m Dual-Core Processor x AMD Anthlon something something something Hope that s enough nbsp

A:Solved: Vista uses little memory then uses all memory constantly...
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I hope that somebody here will be able to memory full help me My computer is giving me error messages telling me that I don t have enough memory left on my hard drive to perform certain tasks The computer is about years old and memory full fairly basic but memory full when I add up the memory needed for the progams on the machine and the files under my documents etc it doesn t come anywhere near to even memory full a quarter of the gb capacity I have had a good clean out deleting lots of old stuff of the machine as well as running a clean up program but this has had little effect The only thing that I have done recently that does use up a lot of memory is converting my large vynil records collection to cd- but once I have done a disc the program Audio cleaning lab asks if I want it saved- to which I click do not save - so presumably that audio file is then deleted from the system My question is this is there any way I can establish what is taking up all this memory- have you any suggestions on how I can free up more memory- is it possible that this is virus related- the macafee anti virus is updated every day and scheduled to run on a weekly basis and hasn t identified any malware thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Ok just yesterdaty my hard drive memory was half full. And now I checked and the hard drive is full no memory. I havent downloaded anything on the computer so i just dont get how that happeded, please help

Relevancy 68.37%

I've just decided to upgrade parts of my puter. I had 256 RAM to start and I just added another 256 stick.. instead of getting a 512 it's showing up that I only have 480.. Any idea what's happened?

A:Not getting full memory

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Need system info.
Taking a wild shot in the dark, the math shows:
I'm thinking maybe you have on board video sharing out 32mb
to video?
You can check this in the bios.

Relevancy 68.37%

My hard drive is 92% full. How do I find how much memory is taken up by individual components. When I go into explorer I can see the size of individual files but not size of folders.

A:Memory Full

i use a program called SC-DiskInfo. you can probably get it or a similar program from it will give you details about what folders or files are taking up the most space.
Relevancy 68.37%

My memory is filling up with win10update files.  How do I remove these unnecessary msi once they update the notebook?

A:memory too full

Hi,Go to start(click windows logo at the bottom left) type Disk Cleanup, right click and run as Admin, you can tick Windows Old and other unwanted files to clean up.HTH.
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi All,

I'm currently downloading Battlefield
3 and CoD Black Ops 2.
These games require
high graphics memory.In
some websites, I saw the
first one requires
minimum 512 MB Video
Memory.And from my PC
I learned that I've
approx. 1300+ MB Video
Memory.But after
running a test in Game-
Debate.I saw my
VMemory is not
meeting the minimum requiremdnts.But how's that possible?

A:Can I somehow use the full memory?

Sorry,my texts are being untidy(my phone's problem maybe)
Relevancy 68.37%

HI, I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. All programms are on C drive and I have partition G: drive (220GB) for data only. For last few days I've noticed My G drive is igetting full and now 5 MB left!!! Last month it was 20GB left, Last week 5 GB left and today it is 5MB only. Niether I used 20GB from last month nor 5 GB in Last week. I hardly used 8GB since last month.
So my quetion is how the memory is getting full eventhough I havent used it!!
Please Help!

A:Memory Full

Hello akp01 and welcome to Sevne Forums.

First, it would help if you list your system specs. At the top of any Forum page click on "User CP". Then, in the left column, click "Edit System Spec". If you don't know all of the info a free tool called Speccy can help.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

If I'm understanding things correctly, you have one hard drive called C: and it has a partition called G: that is losing hard drive space (not memory) for no apparent reason. Can you post a screen shot of your Disk Management? Maximize the window before posting.

How To Access Disk Management in Windows 7

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

It would also help if you use one of these free tools that will show exactly what is being saved to the G: partition. Again, upload a screen shot.

WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

TreeSize Free - Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs
Relevancy 68.37%

right i don't know if this is the correct place to put this.

I have a dell inspiron 6400 running XP SP3 and my problem is that the memory was getting full and so i bought a external hard to store music and pics on but after restoring the back up file excluding the music and pics i'm still running with only 3% memory left and am now out of ideas as to what to do.

i've done a re install of XP the restored the backup -music and pics

Relevancy 68.37%

need hepl.. how can i change my storage area from c: to d:, c: is already full it have 9G memory capacity only. d: is 24G free space.. can i change c: to d: as a storage disk?

A:c: to d: memory full

No because your system is installed on C:\
You can't remove and restore hard drive space from 2 different hard disks....
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello So my computer was telling me that I was low on memory I keep a lot on my computer so I wasn't hugely surprised I got myself a slave drive and moved everything to it over GB of stuff Then I deleted it off my computer and emptied my recycle bin It still showed that I didn't Memory tried have I - LESS now everything Full and have any memory So I ran disc cleanup That only help by Full Memory - tried everything and now I have LESS MB's So then I deleted all Full Memory - tried everything and now I have LESS my old restore points That Full Memory - tried everything and now I have LESS got me about GB of memory I let it go at that because that's enough memory to make my computer not nag me and figured I'd fight with it later However now I'm having to do disc cleanup and delete my restore points two to three days a week or my computer fills up I have not downloaded any new software I've googled like crazy trying to figure out what the heck is going on and I'm at my wits end Help Thank you Melinda PS - Today I adjusted how my shadowstorage too

A:Full Memory - tried everything and now I have LESS

- Does the Disk Clean Up tool in Vista have an option called "Clean System files" (or something like that) ?
- Use Piriforms's Ccleaner to delete the entire "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" folder. I am curious how large that folder is. Ccleaner can tell you that. With every new Windows Update that folder grows & grows. Ccleaner can clean out more locations/folders.
- Firefox, Internet Explorer & Google Chrome can be configured to delete all temporary files when the user closes the program. GOOGLE it on how to do that.
Relevancy 67.94%

The oddest thing happened - my computer suddenly decided, after three years, to no longer recognize my two external hard drives or my four flash drives. None of my six ports recognize them. They don't load. Nothing. Just a little pop up saying something akin to "USB device not recognized by Windows."

Hmmm. None storage devices like my printer, scanner, mouse and keyboard, all still work without a hitch on any of the ports. My HDDs and flash drives still work on my other home computer and my laptop so it's not the devices themselves. This is really perplexing because I haven't installed any new software in ages nor have I put in new hardware. This problem just seems so arbitrary! I was using these devices just yesterday, too!

A:External HDD and flash drives not recognized?

have you had any reasont power changes? also in the house. or maby changed your powersupply? or maby shut down the PC by holding the off button for some seconds so it shuts down emidially?
Relevancy 67.51%

My memory seems to be running full - this means in the Task Manager under "Free" often a 0 shows up. I added a Screenshot below which shows my normal situation.

I noticed that often for example Opera doesn't show pages correctly, even not at all. Opera eats plenty of memory as I see. But I also had problems with other programs hanging or not working smoothly ( e.g. IE8 ).
3GB are large enough or have I to add 1GB more ?

I also noticed that the memory is running out when my folder Sync program is working especially if the folder contains many files and dirs.

What does "Free", "Available", "In Cache" actually mean ?

I had the understanding that memory is somehow paged out to hard disk if necessary.

A:Memory of 3 GB running full ?

I may be old fashioned in this respect but 118 processes seems incredibly excessive to me. I'm running 41 on 64bit win 7. Granted I've done a little trimming of my processes on this machine. Even so 118 just seems.... ridiculous.
Relevancy 67.51%

I am running my laptop with almost full used Physical memory. The laptop is getting hanged very often... here is the detail of my system:-
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2933 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1242 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 204799 MB, Free - 18909 MB; D: Total - 34958 MB, Free - 2552 MB; E: Total - 65283 MB, Free - 2085 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 144A
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 67.51%

Help, my physical memory is at 97% all of a sudden and causing major lag in games. Nothing in the task manager is using that much memory so I don't know what's causing it. I have Windows 8.1 with 8 gigs.

Edit: I tried to restart and there is one app that isn't closing and preventing it from restarting. It doesn't tell me what the app is called. How do I find out what program that is?

A:Physical Memory Full

Did to computer eventually restart, did you not have the option to go back to close the app and what were the last things you were doing when you decided to reboot? I had a similar problem on closing but it went away by itself.
Relevancy 67.51%

can someone diagonistic my log??sometimes my memory jump to 100% without reason.This is my hijackthis log.last night i run avast virus scan but seems nothing infectedLogfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 11:42:19 AM, on 6/1/2007Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16441)(Moderator edit: log file contents removed to save space. jgweed)

A:Memory Full Without Reasons

This is not the proper place to request help about a HJT log. Please create a fresh log and post it in the HJT Forum where you can receive expert advise from a trained HJT Team Member. Please review and follow the instruction in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log
Relevancy 67.51%

Okay. This has plagued me for a week, and I can't follow.

I run a AMD K6 2 - 450, 128M RAM, running Win2K. I recently bought both a Western Digital 400 series 40Gig HD, and another 128M of RAM. After considerable difficulties getting the HD bootable, it does run but only shows 32G. I have updated the BIOS, installed WD's EZ-Bios, tried using PQMagic to see if that would help, and nothing is working. I have no other clues on what to do.

Also the memory is only reading 64M instead of the 128. I thought I maybe was ripped into a 64M stick, but I traded for another, and it did the same thing. I have no read clues on how to work on this one.

Any help would, well....rule.

Relevancy 67.51%

Alert flashed on screen. Memory is full.

A:full memory alert

What device are you using. Please provide more information so we can help you resolve your issues.
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a fujitsu tablet/laptop that I got from school in 2011 & currently have 856kb/29.9gb free on System C hard drive & 98.3gb/102gb free on local disk E hard drive. I'm not good with computers period. I don't download music, movies, games, etc. I've only got a few pdf/word files that I need to keep on here. I guess 1- I'm worried that I have a virus or malware or something that is loading my computer with crap & I just don't know how to find/get rid of it; & 2- I would like to know how to utilize all that free space on disk E in order to make my computer operate smoother/quicker (if that's even a possibility). Thanks in advance

A:Memory/Space Full

Also... I've manually gone through downloads, programs, trash, temp files, etc & deleted everything that I was confident I didn't use/need. I left all programs, etc that I didn't know what it was for.
Relevancy 67.51%

Microsoft XP computer Pop-ups of all kinds ads false errors false security updates Have run Spybot MalwareBytes Ad-Adware Mcafee Stinger in Normal as well as Safe mode Each time to infections are found We have deleted quarantined re-started even restored system to a previous month still we are not able to remove them I have followed instructions for the hi-jack log Logfile of And Full Massive Pop-ups Memory Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS Massive Pop-ups And Memory Full system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Massive Pop-ups And Memory Full Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exeR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run UserFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -uO - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer in quot C Program Files Lexmark Series Fax fm exe quot sO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run A-AF-F - E-DW c windows system rnwnw n exe DWram O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe quot hideO - HKLM Run d aff rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system kkkwffwk dll quot bO - HKLM Run c - d - e e-cb -ebd c C WINDOWS System Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system wvlsaihssabtjeqhi dll quot DllStartO - HKLM Run ExploreUpdSched C WINDOWS system scntltdl exe DWram O - HKLM Run BM e c d Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system vqoahnfl dll quot sO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quietO - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run DW quot C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe quot O - HKCU Run C Program Files XP Antivirus xpa exeO - S- - - Startup Deewoo lnk C WINDOWS SYSTEM scntltdl exe User 'SYSTEM' O - S- - - Startup DW Start lnk C WINDOWS SYSTEM rnwnw n exe User 'SYSTEM' O - S- - - Startup LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe User 'SYSTEM' O - S- - - Startup Logitech Product Registration lnk C Program Files Logitech QuickCam eReg exe User 'SYSTEM' O - DEFAULT Startup Deewoo lnk C WINDOWS SYSTEM scntltdl exe User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT Startup DW Start lnk C WINDOWS SYSTEM rnwnw n exe User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT Startup LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT Startup Logitech Product Registration lnk C Program Files Logitech QuickCam eReg exe User 'Default user' O - Startup Deewoo lnk C WINDOWS SYSTEM scntltdl exeO - Startup DW Start lnk C WINDOWS SYSTEM rnwnw n exeO - Startup LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeW... Read more

A:Massive Pop-ups And Memory Full

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short) and I will be helping you with your log.I will need some time to look over your computer's log(s). I am still in training, so my responses to you must be checked by a coach.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here. Please take note of a few guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it may not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.With Regards,The PandaImportant Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Nokia 6730 Classic, and for some reason the phone memory is full. As a result my phone sometimes refuses to open 'Create a Message' due to lack of space and it doesn't save incoming, outgoing or missed call data. I save all my pics, videos on my external memory card. I have a couple hundred messages saved in folders but have already deleted many other and I clear internet privacy daily. The files I need to access (MIDP) to delete are not accessible from the phone, but when I plug it into my PC it can only see the memory card. Is there any way I can view the phone memory on a PC or any help about why I only have less than 2 Mb free? (The memory available varies during the day)
Relevancy 67.51%

I just recently built a new pc and added 4GB G-Skill DDR2 800 Dual-Channel memory.

On the post screen, the bios recognizes the full 4086MB.

Sys info only recognizes 3.5GB of the memory, yet my diagnostic tools say that my PC is running on 2048MB.

I've been searching, and reading, a lot about this issue, and I don't fully understand why it's doing this.

Windows XP Home SP2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Gigabyte Mobo

Heeeelp! Thanks in advance guys.

A:XP won't recognize full 4GB of Memory

im not certain either, but im guessing the missing ram is being held in reserve by your OS. the same thing happens with harddrives, for instance i have a 320gig hd but my OS only picks it up as 300gig
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a WD Caviar green 1TB HDD, just put on my comp installed windows but local disk c:/ only has 116GB how do I access the rest of the memory?

A:HDD not showing full memory

How do you have it partitioned? You could post a screenshot of Disk Management to show us.

By the way, a hard drive is storage space....memory is...well, the memory, aka RAM of the computer.
Relevancy 67.51%

hey.. i have windows 7 64 bit version build 7600... i just noticed that my computer runs slow .. .i checked task manager and suprise .. all the physical memory it s full..the problem is that nothing is running ..the biggest one is the svchostwith 140 mb .. so what is eating all my memory ? anyone have an idea ? thx ... here a picture with resource monitor ..

A:physical memory full ..

What do the "kernel memory" counters on the "Performance" tab of the Task Manager have to say for themselves?