Windows Support Forum

MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

Q: MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

Okay I did something really stupid It was late I was Memory on laptop A215-S7416 MicroSD the Express stuck Satellite slot Card Card my in in the dark and I wasn t paying attention obviously so here s what happened I had a SanDisk GB Micro SD Memory Card that I was using in my cell phone I wanted to transfer some pics amp photos from my computer to the phone so I decided to stick it in the Express Card slot of my laptop Simple enough right Well being the incredibly smart person that I am I put the micro memory card in the adapter but it was the wrong one So my computer pretty much swallowed it whole I can t MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop get it back out Now I can t use the Express Card slot in my computer AT ALL because the old one MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop is still stuck in there You can t really see it but if you try to put another adapter in there it won t quot click quot It won t go all the way because the old one I lost is still in there waiting to be rescued haha So my question is How do I get the memory card out of my computer I tried taking it apart but I couldn t get the part of where the express card slot is so that was no good There s a way to do this I know I m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own Which is probably a good thing because I might mess it up again lol I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Any help is appreciated Thanks -Ashley nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-memory-card-stuck-in-the-express-card-slot-on-my-satellite-a215-s7416-laptop.795517/
Relevancy 107.5%

I was wondering as I've got spare slot Mini PCI-Express free on my laptop if such Intel Card ITM could fit inside This technology is quite not expensive actually The mini PCI-E Memory slot on Intel? PCI-Express Mini Turbo Card is very ease to access under Intel? Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot my keyboard and it just have to be inserted and at system reboot Intel? Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot Windows will recognize straight that card and the proper Intel Turbo drivers It does act like quot Windows ReadyBoost quot amp quot Windows ReadyDrive quot under and Vista so the system will load faster boost the disk cache load faster Apps amp perform battery improvement Work on quot Mobile Intel Express Chipset familly quot amp quot Mobile Intel Express Chip Familly quot - gb RD RB no software pinning - gb RD RB no software pinning - gb RD no RB software pinning Any experience in return or it is just like inserting a SD Card in the Card Reader to Ready Boost See also this Post http www sevenforums com general-d robson-pe html EDIT Looks some of you threads seems telling not bothering about gimmick stuff for geek guy That's just annoy me having spare mini Pci-e slot as i won't install an expensive G card I don't need it either

A:Intel® Turbo Memory Card on Mini PCI-Express slot

Quote: Originally Posted by NoN

I was wondering as I've got 2 spare slot Mini PCI-Express free on my laptop, if such Intel Card (ITM) could fit inside...This technology is quite not expensive actually.

The mini PCI-E is very ease to access under my keyboard and it just have to be inserted, and at system reboot, Windows7 will recognize straight that card and the proper Intel Turbo drivers.

It does act like "Windows ReadyBoost" & "Windows ReadyDrive" under 7 and Vista...so the system will load faster....boost the disk cache, load faster Apps & perform battery improvement.

Work on "Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset familly" & "Mobile Intel 4 Express Chip Familly".

-1 gb (RD, RB, no software pinning),
-2gb (RD, RB, no software pinning),
-4gb (RD, no RB, software pinning).

Any experience in return? or it is just like inserting a SD Card in the Card Reader to Ready Boost?

See also this Post:
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...robson-pe.html

EDIT:
Looks some of you (threads) seems telling not bothering about...gimmick stuff for geek guy!?!

That's just annoy me having spare mini Pci-e slot, as i won't install an expensive 3G card (I don't need it either!)

With 4 gigs of ram any sort of boost program isnt going to help much since it wont often be used.

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/86716-intel-turbo-memory-card-mini-pci-express-slot.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hello. I have a Lenovo ideapad 100s - 80R2 that I just bought a few years ago. The device is running Windows 10 Home, build 1511. I have recently bought a Sandisk 32GB microSDHC card for use of the built-in microSD card slot of the device. When I tried to insert the card into the slot, there was not "Hardware Insert" notification sound coming out of Windows. I thought the card wasn't working. When I managed to insert the card into a USB microSD card reader, the system was able to detect the card, so it means it's working fine, but the microSD card isn't. I tried to find any updates for the SD card controller of the device, but it says it's already the latest version. Any help?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-100s-microSD-card-slot-not-working/td-p/3336122
Relevancy 104.06%

My Compaq nx7400 has a pop-out tray on the left side, with 4 slots for memory cards - I think ?! I've tried loading an SD card into the tray & pushing the tray in - but without success..... Anyone know the correct way to use this weird plastic tray thingy ?? Thanks

A:How do I use the memory card slot on my laptop ??

Hi, I have a new G72-25OUS laptop, I'm wondering how to use the slot on the left side, that says SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD? I assume its to put a SD card in from my camera to upload photos, do I just stick it in and if so, how do I get it out? I don't have a manual, didn't come with one and can't find info in the help section. Hope someone knows how to do this. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-use-the-memory-card-slot-on-my-laptop/td-p/49651
Relevancy 101.91%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 96.32%

just received my new stream 11.  have barely unpacked it yet! quesition: I know that there's a slot for a memory card - I almost never use a camera, so I'm not totally familiar with that technology.   Can anyone tell me what kind of card goes with that slot?  What's the maximum capacity? thanks! w

Solved!
View Solution.

A:which card should I buy for the memory card slot on HP strea...

Yes, that will work. -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/which-card-should-I-buy-for-the-memory-card-slot-on-HP/td-p/4834450
Relevancy 95.46%

Lately, My laptop is very slow in recognizing my usb stick, or my Hard drive (usb 3.0) or my sxs cards through my express card slot. It 's also slow in recognizing my sd-cards through my card reader. I have a very fast laptop. A lenovo W530.

I just started a while ago, and I can't get it to recognize faster . Everything else works just fine and fast.... but it takes up to 4 minutes to recognize these things.

Can somebody help?

Tx

A:Laptop slowly recognizes usb stick/sd card/xpress card slot

Hey tidri. 2 things come to mind if it previously worked. One is a reinstall of all the drivers for the mobo, and the other is a full AV/Malware/Rootkit scan. If everything checks out, a full format and an OS reinstall would be my third move.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-slowly-recognizes-usb-stick-sd-card-xpress-card-slot.199010/
Relevancy 92.45%

I just bought a HP Pavilion tx2525nr that has a Express Card/34 PC Card Slot.
I was told that the Clearwire Express card would be compatable, but it turns out the Clearwire card is an Express 54.

Is there an adaptor that will allow me to use the Clearwire Express 54 with the HP Express Card/34 PC Card Slot that my laptop notebook has?

If not an adapter, is there another viable solution?

*Other info on the off chance that it could be useful*
Laptop:
AMD Turio X2 Duel-Core Mobile Processor RM-70
3GB DDR2 SDRAM
Windows Vista Ultimate
The is something called an Expansion Port 3 in addition to several USB ports, S port and Ethernet port
Clearwire card:
Clearwire ExpressCard 54
Model # PCEx25100

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

Myle

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi, I'm unable to open the SIM port. I've tried with a paper clip without success. Regards Pål-V. #iamlenovo?

IMG_20160411_151002.jpg ?63 KB

A:X1 Carbon Gen 3 - SIM card slot stuck

First problem fixed! After installing the SIM card I get this error when I reboot my PC: ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen-3-SIM-card-slot-stuck/td-p/3304614
Relevancy 91.59%

hey im looking to buy a new motherboard and i was wondering if a pci-e can run agp cards?

if not, can anyone recommend a motherboard that have both pci-e and agp slots?

thanks anyone who's trying to help

A:can a pci-express slot run an agp card?

Given that a PCI-e slot and an AGP slot are physically very different, there is logically no way that a card could fit both?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-pci-express-slot-run-an-agp-card.324707/
Relevancy 91.59%

Can anyone help me? I dont want to just yank it out as hard as I can. I'm using the A8N32-SLI Deluxe mb. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 91.59%

I have an XPSL702X and an Inspiron N5510. On the left side of both these units is a slot titled: 
SDXC/MMC-MS/PRO. I'm hoping this is an "express card" slot, but it looks like a memory card reader/adapter slot. 
Can I utilize an express card in this slot? I need to somehow hook up 1394 firewire to one of these computers. Help!!!

A:Express Card Slot?

It is indeed a memory card reader -- not an Express Card slot.   Neither of these systems will take an ExpressCard -- about the only systems in recent years that had/have the option are Latitude and Precision models -- none of the consumer systems (Inspiron/XPS/Vostro/Studio) of recent vintage support ExpressCards.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19682926
Relevancy 91.59%

I want to purchase a specific sound card for my laptop (the Audigy 2 ZS Notebook card), but, according to Dell, I do not have the required PCMCIA slot. Instead, I have an Express Card slot.

Would the PCMCIA soundcard work in the Express Card slot? Some of the Dell technicians have said that it will not work, but they have been wrong in the past.

Are there any other options if the sound card would not work in the Express slot? Dell said something about buying an adapter, but they weren't sure as to what kind that would be.

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 91.59%

My Acer laptop has an empty express card slot that I've just discovered. What can I use this for? Thanks.

A:What to use the Express Card/54 slot for?

ExpressCard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279306-what-use-express-card-54-slot.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Not a compatibility question, I'm fairly certain that wouldn't be an issue. The question is about overall performance gain. Looking at a Radeon R9 270, currently have a 5670. Here's a benchmark comparison from hwcompare.com - now I'm not a heavy gamer but I am running a mod on a particular favorite that could use a boost. Thing is, the m/b (being 2.0) can't take full advantage of the card otherwise it might be something of a no brainer. Card has excellent reviews and happens to be on sale.
So there's got to be some people here that have been in a similar situation, wondering spend the coin or not. Lets say the $ isn't an issue, just wondering about what to expect in actual gain.
Thanx.

A:PCI Express 3.0 card in 2.0 slot

Using a PCI-e 3.0 card in a PCI-e 2.0 slot will give less performance but not as much as one would think—maybe no more than 10% less—over what it would have done in a PCI-e slot. However, the newer PCI-e 3.0 card very well may give far better performance than an older PCI-e 2.0 card, even when running on only PCI-2.0.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335712-pci-express-3-0-card-2-0-slot.html
Relevancy 90.73%

wanted to check and make sure that a pci express 2.1 x16 video card would run in a motherboard that only has pci express 2.0 x16 slots

A:pci express 2.1 x16 video card in pci express 2.0 x16 slot?

Yes,it will run at full bandwidth/speed.
Make sure you have a power supply that can handle it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-express-2-1-x16-video-card-in-pci-express-2-0-x16-slot.1001926/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi

I have a problem with my wireless pc card.
It works in one slot but when plugged in the other one it gets stuck on acquiring network address.
Is there any way to fix it, or are the two ports different.

A:Satellite Pro 6000 - wireless pc card works only in one slot

Hi buddy,

According the user manual both slots are normal PC card slots so usually the WLAN card should work in both slots.

But why is it so important that the PC card works in both slots?
Do you have another PC card that you can test in second slot?

What operating system you are using and what WLAN card is it exactly?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62141-Satellite-Pro-6000-wireless-pc-card-works-only-in-one-slot
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello,

I have a Satellite Z930 which I would like to open in order to replace the original SSD with one having a higher capacity.

The thread http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=279122
was very helpful.
But my PC has a SIM card slot on the right side (side opposite to the microphone and the headphone)

Even after taking off all the 14 screws (including the torx one right in the center), the back cover can not be lifted up on the side of the SIM card slot. Something is holding it back.

Has anyone in the community already succeeded in removing the back cover for this confiuration ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Instructions for opening a Satellite Z930 with a slot for SIM card

Did you manage to remove the cover?

There is no other method to remove the cover? if your notebook is equipped with SIM card, remove firstly the SD card (bridge media dummy card), then SIM card (you will need to insert a slender object into the hole of the sim tray) and then the 14 screws from the cover at the bottom of the unit.

That?s all?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71007-Instructions-for-opening-a-Satellite-Z930-with-a-slot-for-SIM-card
Relevancy 90.3%

Couldn't find anything right away in google, and a friend needs to know this: can a PCI card work in a PCI express slot? He has a Quad-core G5 Mac that only has PCI Express x4 slots (maybe one x16 for the graphics card) and wants to order a card that only comes in PCI not PCI express. Would he be able to?

A:Solved: PCI card in PCI Express slot?

No, it won't work. But he might have a spare PCI slot that he could use, although since PCI-E cards are so much faster than PCI I don't why anyone would want to do that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pci-card-in-pci-express-slot.605921/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi all - I have serached high and low for advice on this but have only succeeded in confusing myself I build media servers for my own use in live events and have a question that has bugged me for years I have an assignements card PCI Express slot Asus Sabertooth motherboard and my graphics card is a Radeon I have two further graphics cards which are used to capture camera and computer The latency on the camera capture is PCI Express card slot assignements pretty bad to be honest even with all PCI Express card slot assignements the best components I was wondering if someone could steer me as to where my cards should be sited on the motherboard The sits in the main PCIEx slot The other cards I have are a Blackmagic Decklink SDI Card Type PCI Express lane compatible with and PCIe slots I also have a Datapath RGBE s which is a PCI Express x card The motherboard spec is x PCIe x Single at x dual at x x x PCIe x max at x mode black x PCIe x The PCIe x slot shares bandwidth with PCIe x slot and USB E ports at back The PCIe x slot default setting is in x mode Can anyone give me some advice on the best siting for the cards I would be very very grateful indeed as my brain is in knots trying to work this out Many thanks Neil

A:PCI Express card slot assignements

With that board, you don't have enough PCI-e lanes to go around on without losing your rear USB 3.0 ports or losing a bit of performance on your 7970. The 7970 goes in the red x16 slot. The Blackmagic can go in either the top or second x1 slot.

The only way you will be able to run the x4 Datapath without reducing GPU peerformance is in the bottom slot, in which case, you would have to reset the slot to x4, which means you would lose the third PCI-e x1 slot and two USB 3.0 ports on the rear. If you need those rear USB 3.0 ports, then you would have to run the x4 Data path in the white x16 slot. That will cause your GPU to run on only eight lanes (x8). However, the performance loss won't be 50%. At worst, it would probably be only 10-20%.

PCI-e lane distribution can be difficult to sort out. Some boards offer more flexibility than others. Some boards use additional chips to run ports like USB 3.0 and SATA; others steal lanes from PCI-e slots. Because I needed more lanes than a standard board could support (24 lanes), I went with a x79 board to get 40 lanes. Even then, I had problems being able to run as many cards as I wanted (I wound up getting two external TV tuners instead of two internal TV tuner cards) .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373689-pci-express-card-slot-assignements.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I've been trying to use my MicroSD card adapter in my laptop's SD card slot, but it won't even read or recognize that it is there. I've tried and external SD reader and that won't work either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/transcend-microsd-card-adapter-will-not-work-when-plugged-into-laptop.157237/
Relevancy 89.44%

Have just bought an express card for my X When I put it in the express card slot of my X It fell a bit unsmooth and harsh As I remember the same express card slot on my old HP was smoother and had an actuation point where you have to push harder to hear a click sound and push again to release the card then take it out of the slot I found the express card slot on my X very weird There is no said actuation point or any click sound the card just slid in the slot until it reached the connector the end of the slot This process on the X was very rough that i even had to push the card very hard for it to reach the connector But still there was no click sound or anything indicating the card had been properly installed nbsp Here are several images to let you see the situation clearly nbsp nbsp Notice how X230 problem with Express card my slot deep the the card sits in the slot nbsp A better view nbsp I have to sorry for the crappy quality of the photos since they were taken from my cheap phone I would like to ask if this situation is normal and if my express card slot is broken How is your X 's express card slot Deeply appreciate your help nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Express-card-slot-problem-with-my-X230/td-p/3377429
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello My first post
Anyway i really need to upgrade my computers graphics card ( Nvidia 7600 GS 512mb intergrated version) as its flagging in this day and age and its stopping me playing most games now (i can just scrape skyrim but it falls under its min requirments) I will get a top of the range laptop soon when i go to uni but will keep my desktop for now so i need to add a better graphics card (Rest seem to be fine for the mo) .The problem is the integrated cards is already in the PCI express slot (opened up comp and i can see it in the slot) will be safe to remove the board and would a new card function in it Thanks for the help.

A:Integrated graphics card in PCI-Express slot

If the 7600 is in the PCI e slot, by definition it is not integrated. You should be able to pull it out and swap in a newer card without any issues, so long as your power supply can handle it. Be sure to remove your old graphics drivers before performing the upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-card-in-pci-express-slot.179457/
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a Toshiba Laptop Satellite L305-s5933

located here under Specifications, Communications, Ports

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834114613

As you can see it takes a 34 or 54 express card

So I got a 34 express card, it is located here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170653516740?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I tried to insert it and It just keeps sliding around. There is a little latch off to the side and I've press it and slid it around and tried pushing it. Nothing happens. I don't want to push it too hard or it will break.

I've had the laptop for four years and this is the first time I've tried inserting an express card. Did I break something?

Are there any tricks to do doing this? I'm doing this because I want to upgrade to USB3.

Relevancy 89.44%

I am upgrading an older Hp m8000. Already put a brand new Corsair 750 watt PSU in it and it still wont recognise any of the 3 pci-e video cards I have tried. I have already went into the bios and changed the videos settings to pci-e and still nothing. Is there only certain video cards that are compatible with this thing or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Video-Card-not-recognized-in-PCI-Express-x16-slot/td-p/5612299
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello First of all I apoligise if this is in the wrong section so please move it if it is Im having massive trouble with my USB ports I have searched and searched the internet using different search fields and slot ports usb express card with Problems and I keep coming across the same answers My computer knowledge is only that of an ammeture so please excuse me if I have overseen something or am unable to provide more technical information All usb ports where working correctly before this incident It started when I plugged in a quot Y quot cable to use an old HDD as an external storage device My plan was to have old HDD for my music and the other for photos and videos When I plugged the quot Y quot cable Problems with usb ports and express card slot in my laptop turned off Problems with usb ports and express card slot instantly I have since discovered that the protective cover inside the port is missing so the quot prongs quot are un-protected and that one the quot prongs quot had bent over causing a short I have un bent the quot prong quot which has half solved the problem as I no longer get the unknown device message even when there is nothing plugged in and I no longer hear the quot ding dong quot when a device is connected or connected as this was going on and on and on with nothing plugged in to any port I have been into BIOS and USB ports are enabled that took me ages as the BIOS had a password set which I didnt know so I removed the battery to reset it In the device manager I have un-installed all the usb drivers reset the machine and windows has installed them this has been done several times Now anything I plug in to the USB ports Ive stopped using the damaged one is not recognized ive tried all my things on my wifes laptop which all work fine ipod iphone and flash stick so I know the problem is with my machine I bought a USB port express card mm so I could have USB ports but im having trouble with this aswell first of all the express card came with a a USB lead which im guessing supplies the express card with power as on the other end of the cable is a jack similar to that of a Nokia charger I have tried using my USB wall charger to give the express card power through the cable but this did not work had to this as USB ports are not working Secondly when I insert the card i hear the quot DING DONG quot and then nothing else happens it shows up in device manager under the USB section which I find strange as it is plugged in via the express slot not USB so surely it should be in the quot PCI card quot section of the device manager Please please please can any body share some light as to why my portsare not working and why my express card is not being recognized properly and how I can fix them I can make a video if you like and post it on you tube if that helps anyone Thanks in advance Yogi

A:Problems with usb ports and express card slot

It sadly does seem quite likely you have caused a problem with the motherboard usb 'power grid' It is possible the bios has simply stuck the system into a protected mode in order to protect the hardware inside.
The only way I know to check that this is the case is to power down, unplug the laptop and remove the battery for about an hour, then attempt starting back up with no usb devices connected, and see if proper functionality returns. It could simply be as of the moment the laptop has never fully shutdown and been given a chance for the hardware to reset after the fault caused by the faulty plug.

Sadly in your current situation that would probably be the best case scenario.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/153475-problems-usb-ports-express-card-slot.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Zbook 15 G2 has non-functi?onal express car?d slot. Provide me the contact details for the concerned issue.

A:Zbook 15 G2 has non-functional express card slot

Hi @Monika3?,  Kindly raise a ticket with Hp technical support. Please find below the  HP Worldwide Contact:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html  I hope that answers your question.  I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem. ***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post *** 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Zbook-15-G2-has-non-functional-express-card-slot/td-p/5696130
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello everyone I am currently sitting here with a dilemma The problem I am facing takes back two weeks where I got my new graphic card MSI 2.0 slot sound Insert card into PCI Express possible? Ti I have a CoolerMaster HAF case my PSU is relatively small but compared to my older graphic card the new one is absolutely massive I also uses Asus P T Deluxe v Mobo which has PCI-E slots which I found out recently They are placed in this order from left to right xPCI-E slots x PCI slots x PCI-E slot I noticed that my card turns out to be at degrees when I'm running a game for instance because there is too little space between the graphic card and PSU which makes it very little to no airflow in between I decided to put my graphic Insert sound card into PCI Express 2.0 slot possible? card into the stand alone slot PCI-E to create some space But I have to sacrifice my sound card which I can't put it into the PCI slot no longer Also the sound card technically should be able to fit into a PCI-E slot correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't reach out of the edge on the motherboard what should I do

A:Insert sound card into PCI Express 2.0 slot possible?

Quote:
Also the sound card technically should be able to fit into a PCI-E 2.0 slot

No it shouldn't as they are two completely different interfaces,

Conventional PCI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you tried it with the sound card in the second PCI slot to see how it affects the video card temps? Could also try the sound card in the first PCI slot witth the video card in the second/middle PCI-E slot.

Failing all that it is either drop the sound card (which one by the way?) and use onboard, or get a PCI-E sound card that can then be put in any of the available PCI-E slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231590-insert-sound-card-into-pci-express-2-0-slot-possible.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Where is the memory card slot on the Pavilion 550-126?  The slot on the front does not look like the right size.  Is there a way to get a diagram of the front and rear functions?

A:550-126 where is memory card slot

Hi, Very interesting. The following link shows its specs:     http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04875975 It has 7-in-1 multimedia card readerFigure : View of memory card readerSupports the following cards:Secure Digital? (SD)Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)SDXCMemory StickMemory Stick SelectMemory Stick PROMemory Stick MagicGateWith Front I/O portsUSB 3.0: 2Headphone: 1Microphone: 1and Back I/O portsFigure : Odense back I/O panelUSB 2.0: 2LAN (Ethernet)HDMI: 2USB 3.0: 2Audio: Line inAudio: Line outAudio: MicrophoneI believe it is at the front but where. What is your card ? Is it on the list above ? Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/550-126-where-is-memory-card-slot/td-p/5690390
Relevancy 89.01%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop and run Windows XP. my memory card slot recently stopped working. I used to be able to insert my memory card from my digital camera and download my pictures and now it no longer works. It doesn't even show up under My Computer under removable storage. Please help!

A:memory card slot

Put a card in it and:

Look in Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device manager

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and see if a USB mass storage device is listed.

Also look to see no yellow ? or ! are shown, indicating missing drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-slot.533573/
Relevancy 88.58%

I m installing a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR card which says it ll work in either PCI Express x or x in look PCI x16 doesn't card 1800 Hauppauge right Express slot into a Asus P T motherboard The video card is blocking the single PCI Express x slot so I installed the tv card in the second x slot It didn t look right putting this short card into a long x slot as it was sort of curved over the unused pins When I booted my pc my bios was changed to boot from floppy and dates on my system changed I immediately shut down and pulled the card out after seeing the bios screen My question is Hauppauge 1800 card doesn't look right in PCI Express x16 slot should I try and install the tv card in the PCI Express x slot and move my video card to a different x slot as I have two others If so would this require alot of change or would Windows immediately recognize the move and automatically reconfigure OR should I try in the same x slot again and not worry if I m prompted to setup bios again Thanks nbsp

A:Hauppauge 1800 card doesn't look right in PCI Express x16 slot

I can't speak to the 1800 tuner, but I have the 1250 and it goes right into the PCI-E x1 slot. I think you have to install the Hauppage drivers before the card, and/or ignore the M$ "found new hardware" wizard. The 1250 is just a single tuner, that the only difference.

The 1250 card is on the same size PC board as the 1800. My board only has one PCI-E x 16 lane, so the the tuner has no other place to go but a PCI-E x 1 slot. It works just fine there. It didn't change the system date.

I don't think it, "doesn't look quite right there, but I had no preconception of how it was supposed to look in the first place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hauppauge-1800-card-doesnt-look-right-in-pci-express-x16-slot.128694/
Relevancy 88.58%

I disable PCI Express slot in Computer Setup -- Security -- Slot Security on BIOS. I doesn't know that my onboard card wasn't working, and now,  machine doesn't start, machine beeps 6 times (video card error). I can't access the bios. I try reset CMOS, removing the Green Jumper, removing the battery, press CMOS button for 10 seconds, press power button (to remove remain energy. But nothing this works. Someone can help me? How i can reactivate PCI Express x16 ?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Video Card not recognized in PCI-Express x16 - Slot Security

Hi: If your onboard video adapter doesn't work, and resetting the CMOS doesn't work, you can try putting the PCI express x16 video card you have now into the white PCIe x4 slot (the white video card slot next to the black PCIe x16 slot), and see if you can get into the BIOS to change the PCI x 16 setting.  It might work in the x4 slot. If that doesn't work either, then you will have to install a PCI video card (one that goes into one of the white PCI slots) and use that to get into the BIOS so you can change the settings to enable the PCIe x16 slot. So, see if you can find a cheap, used, PCI video card on eBay, and that should allow you to have video again. You also need to make sure you have removed all connections from the PC when you reset the CMOS (all cables, power cord, mouse, monitor, etc). 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Video-Card-not-recognized-in-PCI-Express-x16-Slot-Security/td-p/5625776
Relevancy 88.58%

My TECRA-S11-166 is faulty.

I need a new Notebook with *Express-Card-Slot* and (if its possible) RS232.
What kind of Notebook comes with a Express-Card-Slot ?

A:Defective Tecra S11 - Need new notebook with Express-Card-Slot

Hi

There are different Toshiba notebooks on the market and Toshiba releases new models in very short intervals.
I would recommend you to visit the Toshiba notebook product page and to compare the available series and models.
The Tecra laptops offer a business professional use and Portege series are very best in mobile computing.
The Satellite series are entertainment machines designed to provide exceptional all-round performance.

http://www.toshiba.eu/laptops/

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79022-Defective-Tecra-S11-Need-new-notebook-with-Express-Card-Slot
Relevancy 88.15%

I removed my memory card before ejecting it. Now my memory card slot doesn't work at all. I have done it before and got help on fixing but I can't remember how I did it. It is a readable card and I have tried several different ones so it's not a issue with card itself. The computer doesn't even see I am putting it in. Please help I do a lot of photo's and it's annoying to have find the computer plug everytime I need to get the pictures off.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Memory-card-slot-not-reading/td-p/5789311
Relevancy 87.72%

This was really perplexing. I am trying to install a Galaxy GT520 on my Inspiron 546. So i take of the slot i need in the back-plate and fit the card into the slot. But...the card didn't fit into the back-plate. It's like a millimeter off.... There is a little slot that the back-plate slots go into but it doesn't fit into the slot. It's almost like it needs to be a millimeter longer. Thanks to anyone who helps.

A:Graphics card doesn't fit backplate but fits in PCI Express slot

check this out http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insp535mt/en/sm/cards.htm#wp1193399

GT520 is a PCI and should fit the 546, line it up as ^^^^ shows and press hard, dont ram it in there, but apply a bit of force.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-doesnt-fit-backplate-but-fits-in-pci-express-slot.180377/
Relevancy 87.72%

Dear all,
I need to add a parallel port to my new XPS 8900, and an excellent solution would be the Quatech’s ExpressCard (http://www.bb-elec.com/Products/Datasheets/expresscard_performance.pdf). 
I found that this card "is designed in the smallest form factor -34. ExpressCard 34 is compatible with all ExpressCard slots - 34/54".
Does this format fit with the XPS8900 PCIe slot?
Thanks in advance for you help

A:XPS8900 PCIe slot and express card in form factor -34

Their documentation states, "New generation of I/O expansion for notebooks".You need something like this built for a desktop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992289
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello,
I just got a Asus A8N-SLI mother board and a pny 7800gt video card. The card only works in the bottom pci express slot though, when i try to plug into the top the monitor light keeps blinking like nothings going through. Everything seems to work fine when in the bottom slot but i am worried about the heat. I have my sound card close to that so theres not much flow between like their would be in the top slot. (also the top slot is blue, bottom is black, if that makes a difference) I left the default set at single card mode on the motherboard. Also being in that slot is the card running at full capacity? 16x?
My other specs are:
1gb Corsair value select ram
Antec 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 PSU
AMD 64 3700

thanks

A:Video card wont work in top PCI Express slot on sli board

mmm... Check out the BIOS option for the SLI cause it could be that just one slot is enabled (the bottom on)...
about the heat issue... can you move the sound card to another slot?...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-wont-work-in-top-pci-express-slot-on-sli-board.41179/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi,

The file server I am currently using, is running on an old MS-7173 motherboard which (for some reason) is only kicking out about 45MB/s maximum throughput on file transfers, even though the CPU isn't anywhere near full. I am using a spare (I think cheap) Gigabit Network Card in the system at the moment which I had laying around.

I am considering getting an "Intel Gigabit PRO/ 1000CT PCIe Desktop Adapter" however, according to the specifications the card runs "PCI Specification Revision PCIe 1.1".

From the motherboard specifications, it uses: "One PCI Express x 1 slot. (supports PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant) ".
My question is: Will that PCIe Card with revision v1.1 work in a motherboard with a v1.0a slot?

Thanks for your answers

A:PCI Express x1 V1.1 Card in a PCI Express x1 v1.0a slot?

Anyone know the answer to this question?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-express-x1-v1-1-card-in-a-pci-express-x1-v1-0a-slot.1038033/
Relevancy 87.29%

My printer's memory card slot isn't recognized by my computer. I am running Vista. Can anyone help with this. I contacted the printer's tech support and they tried but said it was a Microsoft problem.

A:Memory card slot not recognized on printer

Welcome sannallett,
Sounds like a tech support answer. What is the Brand and Model of the printer?
In Device Manager under your Printer is there a notification sign?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268942-memory-card-slot-not-recognized-printer.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have installed the new windows 10 in my PC, before this i had windows 7 home premium. i have a memory card adapter in which i used to slid my micro SD card and was able to access it when i had windows 7, but when i upgraded to windows 10 and inserted the memory card reader in the slot it stopped detecting, their is no action and i am not able to access it.
Please help
System: Dell Studio 1558 2010-11 Model.

A:SD memory card/ Slot not working in Windows 10

Hi Anandani,
Dell Studio 1558 has not been tested by Dell for Windows 10 operating system you will not find drivers for it. However, please use the card reader Windows 7 driver and install it in compatibility mode.
http://dell.to/1IlNMpd
Please let me know if this works.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19646017
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello everybody,I'm looking for an SD card or microsd card adapter,that does not stick out of the case of the Yoga 3 11.Does anyone have any advices?Thank you and best regards!

A:Yoga 3 11 - SD card or microsd card adapter that d...

pfefferkuchen wrote:Hello everybody,I'm looking for an SD card or adapter,that does not stick out of the case of the Yoga 3 11.Does anyone have any advices?Thank you and best regards!I think all the sd cards are of the standard size. The only difference is in the slot of the machine. Some just like in some Lenovo units needs to be inserted all the way in until you hear a click (you will not see any protruding part of the sd card). To eject push it again and it will be automatically ejected. Some unit does not have the locking mechanism and just need to be inserted but some part of it protruding inorder for you to conveniently take it out. Check your unit if it has the automatic locking and ejection mechanism.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Yoga-3-11-SD-card-or-microsd-card-adapter-that-does-not-stick/td-p/3346206
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello everybody,I'm looking for an SD card or microsd card adapter,that does not stick out of the case of the Yoga 3 11.Does anyone have any advices?Thank you and best regards!

A:Yoga 3 11 - SD card or microsd card adapter that d...

pfefferkuchen wrote:Hello everybody,I'm looking for an SD card or adapter,that does not stick out of the case of the Yoga 3 11.Does anyone have any advices?Thank you and best regards!I think all the sd cards are of the standard size. The only difference is in the slot of the machine. Some just like in some Lenovo units needs to be inserted all the way in until you hear a click (you will not see any protruding part of the sd card). To eject push it again and it will be automatically ejected. Some unit does not have the locking mechanism and just need to be inserted but some part of it protruding inorder for you to conveniently take it out. Check your unit if it has the automatic locking and ejection mechanism.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-11-SD-card-or-microsd-card-adapter-that-does-not-stick/td-p/3346206
Relevancy 86.43%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)
I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:110-151BR - Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Bran...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/110-151BR-Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a Toshiba A S running Windows Vista Home Basic the max memory upgrade is X GB which I purchased via no card 2nd memory recongnition Toshiba A135 slot, newegg com and installed When I turned it on black screen and no boot up Basically it will only reconize one GB of memory doesn t Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition matter what slot as long as it is only one I tested both memory chips both work in the computer and in either card slot just not both chips in both card slots What Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition the heck Even stumped the Geek Squad guy at Best Buy he seemed to think it the mother board issue It runs much better on the GB then it did with the MB cha Computer Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition should be able to run both GB card in each slot and reconize about to of the memory if it would run both cards at the same time I did upgrade the BIOS from to as most of the blogs suggested-still won t recognize the nd GB card nbsp

A:Toshiba A135 2nd card slot, no memory recongnition

cant find your lappy on toshiba site , same thing happened with me and was the bios update i needed so re check its the correct update
have you tried 1x2gb and 1x what you took out??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-a135-2nd-card-slot-no-memory-recongnition.939718/
Relevancy 86.43%

(NEWBIE/FIRST POST)I just purchased a brand new Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer from the Best Buy retailer yesterday (October 4 2016).  Everything works fine so far except the computer Memory Card Slot (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) does not recognize any of my personal SD/SDHC Cards.  All the SD/SDHC cards are valid and working due to the fact that my two older computers recognize the same identical SD/SDHC cards with no problem that I am using on the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer.  I currently have all the latest Windows 10 software drives installed.  Is there a driver I can download off the internet or from the Lenovo support area before I return this brand new computer back to Best Buy?

A:Memory Card Slot Not Functioning (Brand New Comput...

I FINNALLY figured it out; here is the fix:As of October 5 2016 - Problem Resolved.  The Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer is set-up and configured differently than most computers on the market by other manufactures. When you insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) into the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer socket ? you must insert it ?upside-down? in order for the Lenovo 110-151BR (Model 80TT) Computer to properly read it.  Most other computers by other manufactures ? you always insert the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) right-side up with the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) top text/main-side facing you.   But Lenovo wanted to be a little different I guess. Well anyway ? everything is working fine (no additional drivers needed) ?. again just simply flip the Memory Card (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC) over/upside-down and insert. (END)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Memory-Card-Slot-Not-Functioning-Brand-New-Computer/td-p/3447370
Relevancy 85.57%

So in February I ordered my kid an inspiron as first computer Later slot, card 11- per supposed have memory tag it it doesnt service is to inspiron but I decided to upgrade inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt the memory and I called Dell and provided my service Tag Dell told me it had a GB memory card and I could upgrade to a GB card I ordered the card and disassembled my computer to find there is no slot to upgrade After an hour on the phone inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt I find out inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt that what I am looking at is one with a fixed memory module I told them that per my service tag it is supposed to have a slot and be upgradeable They told me there is nothing they can do So I say how bout you exchange this for one that has what I ordered They say since its over the days there is no way to return or exchange I said even though its your fault Am I being unreasonable All I want is what I ordered After a few more calls to India One person finally tells me there is a first and second generation of this laptop Ist gen has the fixed and the second has the replaceable So I tell them that per nbsp Dell tag nbsp this is supposed to be nd generation and therefor it was built wrong They again say quot we have a day no Hassel return quot and your over that Any suggestions folks I m sick of beating my head against the wall with these people

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992563
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work?  Thanks in advance for any answers. 

A:SIM Card slot in my laptop - what's it for?

The SIM card from a phone probably wouldn't work in the SIM slot. The SIM slot is for WWAN (mobile broadband) such as you used to see for USB 3G modems. Phones are typically provisioned differently with different options on the provider side which could prevent a phone SIM card from working properly in the SIM slot.The following document discussing the WWAN function of the notebook. You will need to contact a provider and activate the service to get a SIM card for it. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?prodSeriesId=3688868&objectID=c0108652...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/SIM-Card-slot-in-my-laptop-what-s-it-for/td-p/2693725
Relevancy 83.42%

have toshiba laptop...inserted new att express card into left front side use internet and clossed and shut off laptop. pushed button on left side to remove hardware....when I push it the card come out some of the way.....they I can pull it out some but don't want to force it and it won't come all the way out????? what to do?musicphttp://static.techguy.org/smilies/eek.gif

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/express-card-stuck.735557/
Relevancy 83.42%

My laptop will not start and when I hit the power button nothing happens. There are buttons that normally turn blue when the system boots up, but when try the power button a yellow light flashes 4 times and that's it. It happened all of a sudden. I have removed the battery and unplugged the AC adap and then replaced the battery and still nothing.

Using Vista. Any suggestions? Thank you

A:Toshiba laptop Satellite A215 won't start

I had a Satellite in for repair a few months back with the same symptoms and to be honest I did not have a clue what was causing it.
I decided to strip it down to basics and discovered it was the cd/dvd drive that was causing the problem, replaced it and all was good again.
I am not saying this is your problem but it is quite easy to test, the drive is held by two screws and then simply pulled out
http://www.laptopka.com/2006/04/28/remove-replace-dvd-cd-rom-drive/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-satellite-a215-wont-start.868206/
Relevancy 83.42%

So how do i use it?

IBM LENOVO SL510.

Ive put the sim card in but theres no software or option to use it. Do i need one of those mini pci WWAN cards? if yes do i just plug it in or does anything else connect to it. If no please let me know how i enable this feature.

Thanks

A:My laptop has a built in SIM card slot...

try finding in software that is provided lenovo

Try finding in softwares that are provided lenovo. Maybe you will see something related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-has-a-built-in-sim-card-slot.172476/
Relevancy 82.56%

I need help with my Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Laptop.

With Full power charge, while working, my monitor goes to Sleep or Hibernate, The Hibernate is turned OFF, i will have to power down and power OFF my laptop and Power it ON again to continue using my laptop. I NEED HELP?

A:Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747 Laptop goes to sleep?

get into screen saver/power options are set them to default values

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a215-s4747-laptop-goes-to-sleep.120978/
Relevancy 82.56%

Okay, First off I'd like to once again thank everyone who tried to help out on my last post.
I was unsuccessful at getting the HP to work...but to my surprise two days ago I received a small late birthday present! It's a brand new Toshiba Satellite A215 laptop. I think it's great and all, but the Vista OS is killing me! I've tried everything I can to speed it up, but no matter what i do my programs lag, the startups and shutdowns take TOO long...I've have done it all, registry defrags, disk defrags, cleanups, optimizations, set it up for best performance, the works...and still this Vista OS sucks...

I was wondering if and how I could ditch the vista OS, and downgrade back to XP on this laptop...

Any help with be greatly appreciated

A:Ridding myself of Vista on a Toshiba Satellite A215 laptop

I think the first step would be to look on the Toshiba website & see if they have drivers for that laptop for Windows XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ridding-myself-of-vista-on-a-toshiba-satellite-a215-laptop.107253/
Relevancy 82.56%

Is it possible to boot OS from SSD Express Card inside the slot?

Like Verbatim:
http://www.verbatim.it/it_10/product_ssd-expresscard-64gb_31_0_15800__5184.html

Thanks.

A:Satellite Pro U300-143 - Boot OS from SSD Express Card

Hi

This would be possible if the BIOS would provide such support.
But as far as I know the BIOS support booting from:

*USB FDD, HDD, ODD, Network(LAN), USB Memory*

As you can see the booting from Express Card is not supported.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59777-Satellite-Pro-U300-143-Boot-OS-from-SSD-Express-Card
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I have this weird problem with the SD Card slot or maybe it s some of the cards It won t read all the cards and sometimes it won t Problem Vista Vaio Laptop SD Card - Slot - read any The worst part is once it locked up my computer and then it wouldn t let the whole computer shut down Sometimes I have to unplug the compter to shut it down I thought all of this was coming from my camera so I bought a new one lol The new card that I m trying to use is a micro from my phone and it s in a ATIVA converter card My camera card is a SanDisk It will read it most of the time but sometimes it won t SD Card Slot Problem - Vista - Vaio Laptop I checked SD Card Slot Problem - Vista - Vaio Laptop to make sure all the drivers were ok and it said they are good to go All I want is to get pictures from my phone to my computer for cryin in the mud lol Anyway now and then it causes problems with doing ebay too lt I hope someone can help me Thank you Lynn in Oklahoma nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sd-card-slot-problem-vista-vaio-laptop.817309/
Relevancy 81.7%

My old Soundblaster Audigy sound card was great yet now that I switched from desktop PC to my Toshiba L laptop I cannot for Expresscard Sound Laptop PCI slot 34 adapter card to use this expensive sound card anymore and have to put up with inferior sound cards Since I am still young and in the past did all my recordings with that card I searched for the possibility to connect that card to my laptop Today I discovered that it might be possible but chances are that I got it wrong From eBay searches I take that I first need to have this quot Laptop Expresscard quot Laptop Expresscard 34 to PCI slot adapter for Sound card which plugs into USB Express Card ExpressCard to USB Port Adapter for Notebook Laptop PC mm eBay which then plugs into this quot Laptop Expresscard To PCI slot adapter quot with PCI slots for the Audigy soundcard Laptop ExpressCard to PCI Slot Adapter Express Card to Sound Graphics Card eBay My question is Did I understand it rightly Will it work I Laptop Expresscard 34 to PCI slot adapter for Sound card hate to blindly trust eBay sellers Thanking you for your good advice

A:Laptop Expresscard 34 to PCI slot adapter for Sound card

Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318934-laptop-expresscard-34-pci-slot-adapter-sound-card.html
Relevancy 81.27%

i have done a lot of googling and i still don't understand what are they good for but i have a feeling they r some sort of old data storing devices like the floppy disks. anyway here is the picture of the smart card reader http://www.mega.pk/items_images/4962Dell_Latitude_E6420_496a.jpg its the long horizontal slot . i read a lot of confusing topics of people talking about smart cards of phones and cameras , im interested in knowing what the laptop smart card reader is good for , or the other thing the pcmcia ,

Relevancy 80.84%

Lately, My laptop is very slow in recognizing my usb stick, or my Hard drive (usb 3.0) or my sxs cards through my express card slot. It 's also slow in recognizing my sd-cards through my card reader. I have a very fast laptop. A lenovo W530.

I just started a while ago, and I can't get it to recognize faster . Everything else works just fine and fast.... but it takes up to 4 minutes to recognize these things.I run windows 7 professional

Can somebody help?

Tx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-slow-in-recognizing-usb-cards-xpress-card-slot.1116507/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have Dell 1100 laptop that is running Windows Xp Home.

I use a D-Link G650 card to connect to the Internet. Everything was fine until yesterday.

It appears that my card is not responding--the lights on it don't come on when the PC boots up and even when the boot process is done.

My system tray shows the remark "D-link card not found" and I have no connectivity. I rebotted the machine with the same problem. I haven't reset the D-Link 624 router that I use to connect.

I tried another card in the laptop and I got the same results--no lights on the PC card and no connectivity.

Please advise. I hope it's not the actual PC slot on the laptop sice I don't have a clue about how to repair/replace it??? Is it part of the mobo on the Dell 1100??

Anybody have an idea or clue..
Please advise.
Thanks. Tony

A:Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop and PC Card Slot Problem?

d-link isn't exactly bad, but thier products aren;t that good either. my first suspect would be the card itself. can you swap it with a known good model or return it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1100-laptop-and-pc-card-slot-problem.35987/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello,
I have a memory stick pro duo and someone stuck it in my computers card reader slot without using the adapter thingy to make it fit! :dead: (see example here)

The card has slid all the way to the back of the reader. I did try using a tweezer like most people used to solve their problem, but i bought 3 different sized tweezers and they don't fit because the card has went above the rail that you slide it in.
Any ideas on how to remove it?

If you don't understand what i mean, i can take a picture and attach it. Just ask.

Thank you

A:Memory card stuck in reader

Take the picture, but you might have to get some micro tools to take this out. Let me see how close you can take a micro image of what you have to work with...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-stuck-in-reader.85264/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi. I just bought a new toshiba satellite A210/A215 laptop two weeks ago. After about a week of use, something unusual started happening. After I had been using the laptop for awhile (sometimes a couple of minutes, sometimes several hours), the screen suddenly turns black with no warning. It is still on, because I can hear it running. I just can't see anything on the screen and any music or video playing stops. If anyone could help with this that would be great. Thanks!

A:Toshiba satellite laptop A210/A215 screen turns black after some time

Get into the power settings (under screen saver) and check the settings for running on battery and running on AC power...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-laptop-a210-a215-screen-turns-black-after-some-time.97956/
Relevancy 79.98%

HP PAVILLION dv9720us laptop
Vista
Only recogonizes scandisk 1g memory card from Cannon camera after reboot.
If I take the card out of the laptop reader it does not show when I click on computer to see whether it is in the F slot
Removed all Cannon software and re installed from disc, but no change.
Can't find sollution and would apppreciate any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-not-recogonizing-scan-disc-1gig-card-in-reader-slot.789567/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi. I have recently aquired a very old computer (8-9 years old). I am looking at replacing the old agp graphics card because it is not working properly and then sell the computer for quite a low price. Any way.

I have looked in the case and took the card out and I belive that the graphics card slot is agp 2x. The card has two slots in it leading me to belive that it is a universal 1.5v 3.3v card. I am just wondering what cards my computer would accept and whether a 4x card would work ok in a 2x card slot.

Any help apreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi. I am close to computer illiterate, sorry.
I have a Dell Studio 1537 laptop and my 2.5 year old son a few weeks ago put a cd in there and got it stuck. My husband and I finally got the swirling noise to stop so we were fine with it being stuck in there. Now today, he took my memory card out of the 1 side and put it in the disk drive too! I know, my fault, I need to put this thing out of reach.
I took it to Best Buy and the Geek squad took off the back and said they would have to send it in. No thank you. Any thoughts? This drive doesnt eject.... thanks!!

Relevancy 77.83%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 77.4%

My micro sd card stopped working tried everything I could think of. it was working fine then it stopped working. Think it might be corrupted. when you plop it in it won't mount and will ask you to format and when I format windows says it can't

ran a block check and it seems fine I think it can't write because I opened the partion table and won't let me delete it.

The little switch is in the unlock position of the SD card adapter. I have tried both with the SD card adapter and a micro SD to USB adapter as well as in my tablet (Windows 8.1)

Don't have that much experience with sd cards any suggestions

A:Having issues with a microsd card

What is that block check and how did you do it?

Can you post a screenshot of Windows Disk management to see how the microSD card looks in it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/363380-having-issues-microsd-card.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a GB microSD card and a kingston MicroSD adapter i use to plug it into my comp problem is that when i plug it in it works great Then after i right click the drive and choose to safely remove hardware it tells me its safe to remove and i pull it out But when i try to put it back in again it wont try to read it anymore and i have to restart my computer for it to work normally again Even though after i choose to safely remove the once. shows only MicroSD card up drive letter it was in MicroSD card only shows up once. goes away when i go MicroSD card only shows up once. into device manager one of my usb controller ports has the by it and says quot Windows cannot use this hardware device because it has MicroSD card only shows up once. been prepared for quot safe removal quot but it has not been removed from the computer Code quot Well its been removed and put back in and I ve thad device manager scan for hardware changes but nothing changes Even tried going ahead and unplugging all my other stuff from my computer to no avail Any ideas or workarounds from having to restart my comp thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-card-only-shows-up-once.641105/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all,

I have a Micro SD card (4GB). When I put it to my computer (windows 7 ultimate 32-bit) from USB port, I can't access into it. And writes "Removable disk G:" (like below image) and doesn't show other specifications of that volume. And when I double click on it, a pop up window appears and says "Please insert a disk into removable disk G:". I used some commands line "chkdsk /f G:" in command prompt window, but it also writes "can not open volume for direct access". And also right click does not work on that volume for format it. In the command prompt also formatting results the same for chkdsk /f g: as message unfortunately.

Is there any way to access into that volume?
Thank you.

A:Cannot access to a MicroSD card

Is "removable disk G" there all the time? Often times card readers just show up in My Computer whether anything is in there or not.

What happens if you remove and insert the card while having Disk Management open? Does anything change in there?

Can you connect the device that uses the card to the computer through a USB cord? Is the card readable that way?

If those all fail, then, I'd suggest finding out what card reader it is and downloading the drivers for it (just in case) and then deleteing it through device manager and rebooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-to-a-microsd-card.192317/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, How to use a mcrosd card as the hdd storage on tablet pc (os wndows 10 64bit) ?

A:How to use a microsd card as the hdd storage?

Insert the MicroSD card to the card readerSave your files to card

Depending on your tablet you might first need to buy a MicroSD to MiniSD or MicrosSD to SD adaptor:
SANDISK MICRO SD TO MINI SD CARD ADAPTOR: Amazon.co.uk: Computers AccessoriesMICRO SD TO SD CARD ADAPTOR: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49914-how-use-microsd-card-hdd-storage.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello So one morning I put some music on my microSD card The card was GB Card microSD Not 32 Recognized!! inserted in my Samsung Galaxy SII Android phone it has been in there since Christmas and the 32 GB microSD Card Not Recognized!! phone was connected to my Windows PC via a USB cable I transferred the music directly to the card as it has always came up as a separate drive when I plugged my phone into the computer When the transfer was 32 GB microSD Card Not Recognized!! done I right clicked on the drive and ejected it as I have always done I verified that the music was on the phone 32 GB microSD Card Not Recognized!! and went to work I am not sure what my phone was doing that day but it felt really hot and the battery drained really fast When I tried to listen to the music on my break but the music was not listed on my list of songs artists but the music was still available in the file browser Then later all my apps that were saved on the SD card were not there nor my pictures or music that was on the SD card I connected my phone to the computer and it recognized the phone internal storage but the SD card did not appear I tried putting the SD card in my Motorola Xoom table also Android and it did not recognize it I tried putting the card in my wife's BlackBerry and it did not recognize it I put the card in a Multi card reader and tried it in every USB slot in the computer and it is not recognized other microSD cards are recognized when used in the card reader My assumption is that my phone must have fried the microSD card Does this sound familiar to anyone Is there a way to get the data off of this as I don't want to loose all the pictures that were on there

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/27245-32-gb-microsd-card-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I recently bought a Toshiba MicroSD 4GB Card for my cell phone. I'm wondering if there's any way to lock the contents of the card, when it's inserted into the computer, from anyone without the password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-card-lock.819331/
Relevancy 77.4%

I know... but I get these things for free, and use them to distribute sensitive information between doctors and hospitals and patients. I never see them again (the SD cards) i use them for a one-off throw-away distribution medium. However, I have one that is being stubborn. Current read-only State is stuck in YES.

I am running diskpart 6.3.9600 on Windows 8.1

Any suggestions? These old buggers are getting scarce, and I'd like to use what I have.

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello i have this little thing I have a microsd card with it It all started off yesterday before that everything was fine I putted it in my pc and was adding about files to a gb microsd card Then the window said quot not responding quot I spammed the quot x quot to close it and then said that explorer exe crashed I restarted the pc and I went to quot my computer quot but it wasn't there I took card Not 2.0 USB detecting - - Microsd it out putted it in again no luck I was putting it in and out cleaning it etc and still no luck I reformated my windows and it came up I clicked to see the files inside but it said quot please put a disk into the quot bla bla bla So i went to computer management to reformat it But then when i went to disk management it didnt show up anything I'm really confused now I dont want to buy another one of these I tried it on the laptop and the laptop bsod problems same as mine http answers yahoo com question in AAHxO F

A:Microsd card - USB 2.0 - Not detecting

Hi,

Just a quick note, have you tried it in a different USB port to see if it may be the port that's faulty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/158884-microsd-card-usb-2-0-not-detecting.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi everyone,
There're many sd/minisd/microsd s today.However,They're all for storage.I want a microsd card with a processor,such as 51,avr. Would you like to give me some information?
3X!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-kind-of-microsd-card-with-cpu.713754/
Relevancy 77.4%

So I have a Sandisk 32gb class 4 SDHC card and it won't show up in Explorer, Disk Management or even when using list disk in the command prompt. There are also no errors in the event viewer either when I insert it. It makes a sound when inserting it and removing it into my Asus Windows 8.1 laptop, but that is probably because it's in a micro SD to SD adapter. When I insert the damaged micro SD card into my Android tablet, it recognizes that a card has been inserted, yet when I go to storage options and try to mount the card it doesn't work. I click on mount card and it tries to mount for a moment but it's not successful. Is this thing dead? or any other ideas or utilities I can use to get this thing going again? Thanks

A:Is my MicroSD card recoverable?

Yes, it is recoverable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-microsd-card-recoverable.200921/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I bought this new phone that can hold a MicroSD card. I have a computer that has a microSD reader can I just put the card in my computer, load data (music,photos), and then put it back in the phone? I was going to buy a usb cable but I dont think I will because I have this card reader in my computer. Does that make sense or do I need the usb cable?

Thanks

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I have an HPE 410t desktop PC that is going on six years and would like to know how to boot off of a MicroSD card. I am able to boot from a USB flash drive by pressing and holding down the ESC key at bootup to select boot device and my USB flash drive appears in the list of bootable devices but my microsd card does not appear in this list. Is there anyway I can boot from the microsd card on this computer? Thanks.

A:How can I boot from a MicroSD Card?

bert6822 Sorry, but you can only boot off devices that appear in the boot selection menu. If it's not listed there, it can't be use to boot -- and SD cards are a common problem in this respect. However, there are microSD-to-USB adapters (I have one for my cards), and if you can find one of those, you might be able to boot using a USB port.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-can-I-boot-from-a-MicroSD-Card/td-p/5737058
Relevancy 77.4%

How can I upgrade my laptop memory? There isn't a memory slot at the bottom of the laptop.

A:I can't find the memory slot to Satellite S70-B-10V

Memory slots on this notebook model are placed under the bottom cover so when RAM modules must be exchanged or upgraded bottom cover must be removed.
Please note: on some notebook models RAM upgrade is supported by notebook owners and RAM upgrade steps are described in user?s manuals document.

I your case such upgrade is not supported and RAM upgrade should be done by authorized service provider.
Generally speaking bottom cover removal is not complicated but you should not do it alone. This will cancel valid warranty.

In my opinion, before you do anything contact nearest Toshiba service provider in your country and ask for help. Simply pick up some info about price and compatible RAM modules.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79831-I-can-t-find-the-memory-slot-to-Satellite-S70-B-10V
Relevancy 76.54%

For reasons too long to explain, I formatted my 2GB AData microSD card to FAT16 instead of 32. Shortly after, I found out that that wasn't a good idea, as when I reinserted it into my adapter and into the PC, it wouldn't recognize it anymore.
I tried two different readers (one microsd direct reader and a miniSD convertor one) on two different PCs, both running on WinXP.
What I want to do is reformat this on FAT32 so I can get on with it as before. Is there a way to do this, or is it beyond repair? I kinda need it now and in the near future, so going out and buying another isn't an answer for me.

Thanks!

Relevancy 76.54%

Well here s the deal I own a GB MicroSD TransFlash Card for my phone an LG enV I don t have a port to directly transfer files to my card so what I do is I take the microSD card and put it in an adapter and plug that into my camera I transfer my files from the Card Not MicroSD Working Anymore. camera and once I m done I take it out and put the card into MicroSD Card Not Working Anymore. my phone For about months it s been working fine Today I decided to put a PNG file into the card so I can set it as my wallpaper on my phone I dragged the PNG file in the MY PIX folder and unplugged the camera I then put the card into my phone like I ve always done My phone started acting very strangely I could still access my MicroSD Card Not Working Anymore. MP files that were in my TransFlash card but a few things happened while the card was in my phone - second delays when you press END to get to the main menu - I can t access two of my JPG files on the card along with the PNG file I added today - I took a picture with my camera feature on my phone and attempted to save it but it kept saying ERROR So I took out the card and played with the phone a bit Everything turned out fine The delays stopped it was perfectly fine I put the TransFlash card back into my camera and attempted to take out that PNG file that I added The computer made a quot ding quot that said that it detected the device and attempted to Autoplay it The Autoplay froze I tried to open My Computer but that froze too I unplugged my camera and took out the card and then everything worked fine again My Computer opened with no freezing So I ve pinpointed my problem and that s my microSD TransFlash Card Have I screwed it up permanently Was it that darn PNG file nbsp

A:MicroSD Card Not Working Anymore.

I would try formating the card. This does mean you'll loose all the data on the card though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-card-not-working-anymore.666529/
Relevancy 76.54%

So, i have a 4gb MicroSD card that i put into my phone. but for some reason, my computer wont recognize it, and it says that it needs to be formatted. so, when i start the formatting, right before ir finished it says "Unable to format device" or something similar. I dont understand what to do.

A:MicroSD card formatting problem

Does the card work well on your phone? Have you formatted it on your phone? I had the same problem with a 16gb Sandisk microSd that turned out to be defective. Try formatting it through Administrative tool>Computer management>Disk management.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsd-card-formatting-problem.149831/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,

I have a problem when writing to a Sandisk Ultra 128 GB microSD card that I use in my music player (Ibasso DX50).
When I copy music files to the card, for the first 4 or 5 files, the throughput is OK (between 4 and 10 MB/s), but systematically after a few files, the speed goes down to 512 KB/s.

I have the same problem using this card on another PC, so I assume the problem is with the SD card.

I formatted the card to FAT32, because I had problems with the native SD card format.
I did not notice the problem at the beginning, when the card was almost empty, but now the card is almost full, and I think the problem occurs more and more easily.

Thanks for helping.

A:microSD Card Write speed goes down to 512 KB/s

Have seen many fake drives.
Test your micro SD card with h2testw
H2testw - Test for Fake USB Flash Drives | USB Pen Drive Apps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400801-microsd-card-write-speed-goes-down-512-kb-s.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have two MicroSD Cards an old MB one and a new GB HC one Just days ago i hooked up my MB card to my laptop using a USB Adapter and it worked fine but when I used my USB Adapter again last night it wouldn t work When i click on it it says quot Please insert a disk into Removable Disk F quot when the and MicroSD with Problems card adapter card is in the adapter The same thing happened with my never used GB card which may be because it is a HC card I tried using a different adapter which i only bought days ago and the computer will recognize that it is inserted but when i go to Computer to open it my computer freezes and the only way to unfreeze it is to unplug the adapter If i go to Run and type F to open it up it says that it is unavailable I tried plugging both adapters in a desktop computer at the library but the same thing happened What could have happened Did my MB become corrupt somehow and the GB isn t working because it is a MicroSDHC nbsp

A:Problems with MicroSD card and adapter

the 128MB also works fine in my device, but won't work in the computer. the 4GB doesn't work with my device, but that's only because it doesn't support SDHC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-microsd-card-and-adapter.942387/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,

I have a problem when writing to a Sandisk Ultra 128 GB microSD card that I use in my music player (Ibasso DX50).
When I copy music files to the card, for the first 4 or 5 files, the throughput is OK (between 4 and 10 MB/s), but systematically after a few files, the speed goes down to 512 KB/s.

I have the same problem using this card on another PC, so I assume the problem is with the SD card.

I formatted the card to FAT32, because I had problems with the native SD card format.
I did not notice the problem at the beginning, when the card was almost empty, but now the card is almost full, and I think the problem occurs more and more easily.

Thanks for helping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400801-microsd-card-write-speed-goes-down-512-kb-s.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Just purchased a sandisk 64gb microsd. When I put it in, windows says it needs to be formatted. I went to format it as exfat but it only sees the drive as27gb. Same thing if I select ntfs. Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a faulty microsd card. If I use swissknife to look at the removable drives, it shows the drive as being 64GB and formatted already.

A:Win 7 only seeing half of 64GB microSD card

Fat32! There's only one format you can use being Fat not exFat or NTFS for any memory card including those on cell, smart phones, etc. This is the manufacturers's standards across the board unlike you typical flash drive or SSD if not other drive.

The cell phones, cameras, and other portables will see a Fat 32 volume as soon as you select the format option on any of those. Unfortunately now you will have to see if you can view the other Fat volume and nuke both off the card in order to see just the one 60.4644gb actual space.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230663-win-7-only-seeing-half-64gb-microsd-card.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, yesterday I downloaded a file and wanted to copy them to my microSD. At first, the copy went well until a file can't be copied (.dat extension). I've tried on different computer and the same thing happened.

At first, I thought it is the file problem, but many people can copy them to their microSD.
I've formatted it and it stays the same and sometimes the extension of the files that can't be copied is different on various pc. The error shows that it was I/O error.

I can copy some of the files but not the files with particular extension.

Do you know what's wrong? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389703-cant-copy-certain-files-microsd-card.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I recently formatted a 2GB SanDisk micro sd to offer to a friend to use in his cell phone. Formatted the card twice in my Nokia and when we installed it in the other device, which is a boost phone, it did not recognize the card.

Am i correct in assuming that there is a factory format and a device format? Because there were some folders on the card that could not be deleted. Also installed it in another friends device and tried to format it in that device and got a format error.

Could someone pls explain the reason for this.

Thanks

A:MicroSD card reuse after formatting

Have a look at this:
Nokia UK - Memory cards

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/164227-microsd-card-reuse-after-formatting.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, I need to know before wasting my money on buying something useless, which is the maimum size of microSD card I can plug into my new hybrid notebook Notebook x2 - 10-p008n.I could find no mention in the product manual nor any help through the HP website and assistance.I was thinking to buy a Samsung 128GB microSD card, class10. Would this be compatibel with the device?Thanks a lot to whoever may know the answer.

A:max microSD card on Notebook x2 - 10-p008nl

@alehpciao? One manual says Integrated micro SD Card Reader expandable to 32-GB other manual says nothing    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227773.pdf but I've got no problem using Samsung 64GB card.   Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/max-microSD-card-on-Notebook-x2-10-p008nl/td-p/5814451
Relevancy 76.54%

Does anyone know of an application that will retrieve the serial number (not the volume number) from a microSD-Card?

Please forgive me if this is not the right forum for this post. Thanks.

A:microSd-Card Serial Number

From this blog ( On MicroSD Problems ? bunnie's blog ) it looks like linux can read them.

They should also have s/n printed on the bottom (side with the gold contacts).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f149/microsd-card-serial-number-652246.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Which type of MicroSD cards are compatible with the new Stream 11 and to what size?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Stream 11-r000na microSD card

Hello Jonesy567, According to the quick specs of the stream 11 it supports SD/SDHC/SDXC. SDHC micro SD cards are generally 4-32GB, and SDXC are much larger. I believe that the largest you can purchase is around 512gb. So it appears there is not a size cap, but more what is currently manufactured in SD cards, and as long as you use the above formats then it will be compatible with the stream 11. Hope this Helps! Regards, Phil

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Stream-11-r000na-microSD-card/td-p/5771404
Relevancy 76.54%

Recently i bought a Sandisk microSD card for my Gb Sansa e mp player It worked fine card detected MicroSD no longer at first but after copying some MicroSD card no longer detected songs to it it randomly stopped working now when i put it into the computer it MicroSD card no longer detected shows the drive for the card but tells me to quot insert a disk quot note the drive for the card always shows up whether you have a card or not MicroSD card no longer detected I ve tried putting the card in a card reader or just connecting it through the player I ve tried it on vista and XP i cannot seem to format it because it says there s nothing to format i m pretty sure it s corrupted by now but i don t know how to fix this I already talked to sandisk about it and after reading off their standard questions they ignored me for a week and then sent a form for returning the card for a refund honestly i d rather keep the card any ideas nbsp

A:MicroSD card no longer detected

If all the different devices are not reading it consistently, its probably gone bad and when that happens there's nothing to be done about it except return it. You might try putting it into a compatible camera and see if it sees it but for the most part SanDisk is telegraphing the fact that there isn't anything they can do either except offer a replacement or refund.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-card-no-longer-detected.730737/