Windows Support Forum

board problem help

Q: board problem help

ok i have this computer board fried months ago i help board problem did nothing to make this hapen so it was under waranty and i had it board problem help replaced computer worked for days then the board problem help second board fried i waited for months for another board couse i still had it under waranty and yestrday i got the new board board problem help i nicely put it in the case conected everything pressed power button and voila it worked so i turned the computer off couse i had some work to do hours later turning the pc on aaaaaaaaaaaa black screen board blocked everything works power goes everywhere tried everything replacing ram diferent procesor took out the bios battery hours but nothing good hapend i found the problem today after months somehow graphic card do this to board takes the board to some block state ok the board is combo has agp and pci-e slots i have working agp card but how the hell to make the board working again i guess bios entered some blocked state corupted anyhow but i dont now what and how to try to fix it if someone know how to fix this help me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: board problem help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 50.74%

ok bought a barebones pc of ebay Came with a pc chips board wouldnt post reset jumpers and after a week of trying to get it to work finally said it was ead and went and bought a MSI KT board thinking this will fix problem installed cpu and heat sink installed board into case and installed stick of pc turned it on but same thing happened as before board to msi board..same chips from problem pc with pc chips board fans on cpu and vga card from pc chips board to msi board..same problem spin but just a black screen rset jumpers to clear and reset back tried again still wouldnt boot checked to make sure it board wasnt touching case and shorting from pc chips board to msi board..same problem out but everything seems to be good there theres no beep codes same as with pc chips board KT board comes with a pci slot attachment with usb and led error light when i start pc the light stay on red In manual it says that means cpu is not installed correctly from pc chips board to msi board..same problem or either it is damages reseated cpu and used some artic silver but still same thing and led light stay red im thinking there was nothing wrong with pc chips board just like theres nothing wrong with msi board Could it be the power supply It has a cheap power supply HERCULES is the name on it it weighs almost nothing Ive tried different stick of memory and vga card only things that are comman with problem cpu a AMD Athlon XP mhz and this cheap power supply The problem has to be with either the cpu or power supply thats what im thinking nbsp

A:from pc chips board to msi board..same problem

If ur not posting and considering what u've done coupled with the MSI diagnostics it is very likely there is a problem with this cpu.
You need to get a hold of another compatible AMD cpu just to see if u can post, from there u can confront the ebay seller for any restitution ovr the cpu if there was any kind of guarantee offered at all with the purchased items.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-pc-chips-board-to-msi-board-same-problem.242873/
Relevancy 43.86%

amd xp (Long get issue?)....before Thread) call new I a fix ideas(power/board for Last board palomino on a ga- vt winxp sp i upgraded video ram in my computer and now i can t even get the old what was replaced stuff to work here s a few things to list install new vid card update drivers settings reboot no picture to monitor unistall reinstall card boot and monitor has picture install another gig of ram boot no picture take new ram out boot no picture take new card out put new card in boot no picture take new card out Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) put old card in boot no Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread) picture take all memory out try known good stick in all slots boot and no picture put all back in boot no picture turn power on and watch the led fans run on my lb paper weight it s a never ending combination that i ve tried here and i cannot get a picture on this monitor i ve swapped monitors around and all are good i ve put components from this computer into another computer and they all worked something is not letting this thing boot up i get no picture to the screen and no beeps sounds or anything else i turn the computer on and you hear the fans hard drives and burners powering up and everything but there is no picture going to the monitor it sounded like bad memory because i ran into a case of that before but all the components still work when placed into the other computer my last guess is the board has gone sour i was reading other posts and people have mentioned the power supply but where do i check that at it s a codegen w ps came with the case which was also made by gigabyte i m assuming since it is stamped all over the place if i can t find help with that problem then how about some suggestions for a new board since my options have opened up some because i ve been told my pc sticks will work on board that are rated below that they just have to be able to take gb per slot here s the components - amd xp palomino socket a - maxtor gb hd - maxtor gb hd - x dl dvd r rw drive - x x cd r rw drive - floppy drive - mb ddr pci nvidia geforce mx - mb savageIII agp will probably be placed in storage - gb pc mhz ddr sdram - mb pc mhz ddr sdram i m leaning toward an asus board but the abit s are cheaper and i won t be asking a lot out of the computer except reliabilty sorry for the long thread but i can t think of anything else that would be wrong except board or power supply tia for your help - tag nbsp

A:Last call for fix ideas(power/board issue?)....before I get a new board (Long Thread)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/last-call-for-fix-ideas-power-board-issue-before-i-get-a-new-board-long-thread.423093/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All I ve been having this issue while playing on Asus P4P800S-X Sound On-Board Board games lately I just got an Intel Ghz Prescott with Gig of DDR ram and I m now using an ATI Radeon by Sapphire MB DDR I dont have a sound card so I m using the one on-board that comes with On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board the Asus P P S-X motherboard SoundMax While im playing a game after a reboot everything is fine for about a minute then the video starts lagging and lagging and getting worse and worse Its like it locks up more and more and the sound cuts alot To the point that its not even close to being fun playing anymore The game On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board im playing is Guild Wars which requires alot less than I have I also talk on Skype at the same time and when I m fighting or more guys I cant even hear anything on Skype I have a mbps connection on cable And this is with the game graphics at the lowest Now get this If I disable the audio in the Bios and load up the game with full graphics smooth nice game play I ve tested playing a long time and its perfect with no lag at all Now I m guessing that is pretty conclusive Should I get a Sound Blaster Live or could it still be something else Conflicts Im also running windows xp sp Thanks for taking the time XeroVariX -- lt SYSTEM CONFIGURATION gt -- On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board CPU Pentium GHz Mhz FSB MEMORY Gig DDR RAM MOTHERBOARD Asus P P S-X Intel Chipset Mhz FSB CASE Watt Power Supply VIDEO CARD Sapphire ATI Radeon MB DDR AGP HARD DRIVE Quantum Fireball GIG RPM ND HARD DRIVE Western Digital GIG RPM DVD-R DRIVE LG X DVD Burner SOUND CARD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio NETWORK CARD On-Board Realtek RTL Family PCI MONITOR Viewsonic quot M B KEYBOARD Key PS MOUSE Logitech MX Optical Mouse USB CONNECTION Mbit Cable OS Windows XP Pro Service Pack nbsp

A:On-Board Sound on Asus P4P800S-X Board

Have you loaded the motherboard makers sound chip drivers, or is it just limping along on the default Windows drivers? Might make a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-on-asus-p4p800s-x-board.419647/
Relevancy 42.57%

Suddenly, the top row on my keyboard [numerals, etc] are not working.

Confession; I spilled a small amount of soda into the keyboard; I dried it and evrything was fine for over three days.

My question now is...is there any other possible cause for this, other than my clumsiness?

Thanks for your help.

HP Pavillion Laptop.

A:Key Board Problem

hello

soda is the worst, if it was water, you would half a chance.

try a spray electronics cleaner from radio shack and blast it, turn it over face down.

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/key-board-problem-99007.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Have just reformatted my Compaq laptop set all language settings to English UK.

Now when I want to use @ by using the shift and 2key I get " instead of @.

Any ideas please as this is driving me nuts trying to sort out.

A:key board problem

Have just reformatted my Compaq laptop set all language settings to English UK.Now when I want to use @ by using the shift and 2key I get " instead of @.Thats normal for an English keyboard which you've set it to. Thats because above the 2 is " which the Shift selects.Don't you have a @ on the keyboard that you have to use Shift with apart from 2?If you want to change the language look in Control Panel.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438310/key-board-problem/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ive been having sluggish performance from a HP media center with an xp o/s installed; at first it wouldnt boot for ages and the hard drive was making a ticking noise so i changed the hard drive and did a fresh install. The HP booted ok but was still very sluggish so i swapped the PSU, RAM, and i reseated everything including the cpu but its still sluggish so that only leaves the motherboard or cpu.

I know that its unlikely to be the cpu so i was wondering if the m/board could cause this problem ?
I did a few tests on the m/board and cpu but they all passed so i am baffled.

Any ideas ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-this-be-a-m-board-problem.739527/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Everyone I'm having issues with my keyboard when i type a letter etc sometimes it comes up on screen as something totally different I have Win Home Premium bit This began after my computer was attacked by Ransom which i did pay Client Care Experts to quote FIX my computer i was unaware that it was Problem Board Key a Ransom attack Since then i have had attempts on Key Board Problem my computer amp i ran everything i have to stop it I had a Black screen so i rebooted so i could run Webroot Malwarebytes Hitman Pro amp Adware Cleaner Thought i might need to run RKill but have'nt cause i don't have it And i guess that stopped them because everything is working right on computer until i noticed it was not me making typo's but that the keyboard is now randomly typing wrong letters etc amp it's not me So how can i fix this And how can i find out for sure that i'm not infected hacked What should i do Do i need RKill in my arsenal of prevention I'm not very computer literate i only know what i've taught myself so PLEASE HELP And THANKS in advance Sincerely CandyGirl

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621948/key-board-problem/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All,

A mate of mine has got a Dual Core P4 that runs (used to run) on a gigabyte mbo but now it does not work.

All the fans including CPU and case fans work. All the LED's (power etc) all turn on. However, i do not a get a POST beep to say that all is OK. I've had all hardware taken off the mbo and i do not get any success. I've had RAM removed and i do not get any beeping however i've known some mbo not to beep.

However, in my experiences repairing PC's, CPU rarely fail under normal/manufacturer use. Is there anyway for me to identify this problem as a dead cpu or mbo if i do not have other hardware to swap?

any help would be great. ta.

Steve

Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I'm Mortuza from Bangladesh.
I have a Lenovo laptop. When I work with my laptop, the keyboard's light is always on. But today when I turn on my laptop, there was no light in the keyboard. Now, I am having confusion. Is my laptop broken or is there any settings for this?
Please help me. Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/953b8f4c-67d8-4e8a-a6f0-28f4e58037b1/i-have-a-problem-with-my-key-board?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 42.57%

i have a compaq cq60-417dx with vista home premium 32 bit O/P with a key board that makes double digits with the top and bottom row on the key board.[laptop].i replaced the key board but i still have the problem.maybe motherboard problem?thanks.

You have hit a function key f key, which makes part of the letter keyboard a numercial keyboard. Use your computer manual to find out which, or experiment or, I will try to help

Keypad: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271328-key-board-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok the problem is that my on-board LAN is enabled but when i go to my network places my LAN isnt on there, just my other connections. Ive done almost all i could do to fix it but im not a wiz at computers, so can a expert come and try and help me, would be most appriciated:edit: I did have it running for about 5 minutes in a thunderstorm doing something for my friend, I thought i would be nice and compress a file for him through winrar and it was at 90%, but anyways, I cannot connect to the internet too, im on my laptop

A:Problem with on-board LAN

Hi,

Welcome To TSF.

Is the Driver installed for the LAN?
If you right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties" and then when a new window opens click on the "Hardware Tab" then click on the first option "Device Manager" when that opens click on "Veiw" and then click on "Show Hidden Devices". that should show up you LAN under the "Other Devices" or "Network Adaptors". If you see it can you reply on this Thread please.

Thanks,

Jay.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-on-board-lan-162237.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on a problem I have at work in my IT Technician role...
I have a PC running XP SP3 and I can't get the on board LAN to work.
The lights are not on however they are showing activity (They're on) at the patch panel end in the comms cabinet.
I have swapped the cable for 2 others but still the same.
I have checked the BIOS and the Lan is enabled - I can't find any further options regarding the LAN in the BIOS.

There is nothing in the window when I open 'network connections' either and Device manager doesn't show any 'Network adaptors' at all. the Network adaptors heading isn't even shown.

I have just joined this forum and I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you in advance for any help given.

Kind Regards

A:On board LAN problem

You have done all the trouble shooting there is to do, the adapter has failed. Just put in a PCI Ethernet card and call it a day.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/on-board-lan-problem-682093.html
Relevancy 42.57%

The only way I can write with my k/bd is to hold the key down for 3seconds,
every key is effected. Can you help ?
Harry.M

Take a look in Control Panel > Keyboard and see if it can be adjusted there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board-problem.348036/
Relevancy 42.14%

Early this year I reported a distorted sound coming from my speakers occasionally when swithching on my Pc.At the same time I was having problems with Vista when connecting to the net,I'm still not sure if they were connected but on switching on the computer last friday nothing except a flicker from one of the Antec blue fans and a slight movement from the antec psu fan and nothing else.I have tried the psu in another a pc and its ok so it looks like my Asus P5B mother board as blown.Can anyone shed any light on what may have happened,I cant see any black on the mb or smell any thing like its blown.Ive took the oppertunity to order a newer mb now still going for another Asus even though my P5B was less than 12 months old,must admit it was a budgit model not overclocked or anything though.

Relevancy 42.14%

hi,
i have a logitech deluxe cordless desk top the problem is my keeboard works great but the mouse just shoots all over the place i can not move it to where i want.
please any help will be appresiated

Relevancy 42.14%

i have a socket 478 mother board which doesnt not want to switch on when i press the power botton only the cpu furn turns and everything in the computer case powers up but nothing appears on the monitor in other words it does not boot at all and i have tried clearing up the cmos plz help

A:mother board problem

OK, you need to post more info.

Is this a new build that does not post or is it a system that has been running for a while?

Have you added any new hardware and or software to the system?

Have you attempted a bios update?

In addition post your exact system specs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-problem.698546/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a ecs kt600-a with onboard sound through realtek alc655 chip, I used the driver cd and I get this message from the device manager: The NTKERN.VXD, MMDEVLDR.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load teh device driver. (Code 2)
then it says to fix I need to update the driver, but the website does not list the alc655, I am running windows 98 thanks for the help

A:On-Board Sound Problem

what site says its not in the list, realtek or ecs? ecs should have drivers for that, although most manufacturers are starting to get rid of 98 driver support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-problem.304358/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey ppls I hope everybody is well I have a problem that i can't undestand or more like figure out My Pc Windows ultimate bit thermaltake smart PSU W MSI MB P M-GD VIDEO CARD EVGA GTX GB DDR Processor intel core i - OC ghz dvd writer hard drives two gb and a gb Now currently in board gbs Problem = gd41 Msi + ram 8 the pc I am using gb of ram ddr x GB it works fine like this The MB has four slots the two gb sticks are in Msi board gd41 + 8 gbs ram = Problem DIMM amp dual channel Pc works fine plays all games on high or ultra settings I purchased a single gb stick same type of memory kingston mhz When i installed the gb stick in DIMM slot the computer does not boot When its insterted in DIMM slot the computer boots fine but as soon as i log on and start any game with in - mins the computer restarts itself btw never had this problem before Frist though came to mind is a bad memory stick So I went back to the same store I purchased a new gb stick same memory kingston to try in which if the other one was faulty i will be given a full refund Went home tried the same thing again with the gb stick same error no boot in DIMM boot in DIMM but same crashes Now for experiment purposes i took out the x gb and insterted the X gb one in DIMM amp the other in DIMM Computer boots but same problem as i started a game or any memory extensive application the computer restarts without no warning this time i got a error kernal-power I tried on single stick gb one at a time in DIMM computer boots runs normal plays games etc I want to be able to use the x gb GB or even x gb x gb gbs and i cant't The MB manual states its able to handle GBs of memory X GB Any assistance would be great thanks

A:Msi board gd41 + 8 gbs ram = Problem

I checked the MSI site but I didn't see a list of memory that is certified for the motherboard. Many motherboard vendors post lists (I know Gigabyte and ASRock do).

Here is the listed memory specs for your motherboard. Make sure the memory you have meets these specs
Supports four unbuffered DIMM of 1.5 Volt DDR3 1066/1333/1600*/2000*/2133* (OC) DRAM, 16GB Max
- Supports 1Gb/ 2Gb/ 4Gb DRAM size
- Supports Dual channel mode

Are you using Kingston or Kingston Value RAM? I used to do a lot of support on the Dell forums and Kingston Value RAM generally would not work or work correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255114-msi-board-gd41-8-gbs-ram-problem.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Two nights ago m y computer was on for a few hours just chilling their not do anything with it i go to my mouse cursor and i got nothing i figured XP froze adn restarted the sytem this is where the big problem started My computer turns on there are three LED s on the Intel Problem... Board front HD Activity Turbo not used and Power well the HD Activity Light is on but the power light does not come on WIERD i know also i dont have a signal to my monitor That really threw me cause yesterday it was workiong perfect So i played with the wires in their and made sure nothing was loose sure enough nothing was loose Now i changed the power supply and i still get nothing I also took everything ATI Graphics card usb card ethernet card nd HD inch floppy which i found out that when the inch is plugged in the computer wont turn on if i unplug it it turns on with said problems so here we go with basically only the hard drive with my operating sytem in it and the new power supply the old one was WATTS the new one is WATTS and i still get the same problem then i put everything back in it still the same problem other things i already checked -i referred to the INTEL web-site for the correct jumber placement for the BIOS that is correct -I made sure all memory was good i used it in Intel Board Problem... another computer worked quite well -the hard drives are both good i am really narrowing down my problem here not sure where to go currently i have removed the power from the power supply and removed the battery hoping to reset everything so it mightwork we ll see what happens please anyother suggestions are greatly appreciated i will post what happens with the battery removal tomorrow thanks everyone nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

When I'm adjusting my many icons and shortcuts on my desktop, often, particularly when I change resolutions, all of the icons will bunch together in the upper left corner of my screen, requiring me to rearrange them again. As I'm dragging them to the right locations, often the mouse travels across the screen, but the image of the icon has frozen part of the way across. It has transparency. I hold my mouse in place waiting, then after some 20 to 30 seconds, the icon snaps into the new spot where my mouse cursor is positioned. Is this a video card "overload" problem? My video is on-board, as delivered in the machine.

Should I consider replacing this on-board video or do I have another problem? It's been this way since new.

A:Is this a video board problem?

Hey tepeco

Does this only occur with the icon moving? Or does it happen with anything else?

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-video-board-problem.121396/
Relevancy 42.14%

This thread is called On-Board Sound Problem but I m not even On-Board Sound Problem entirely sure that it is just that Ok so here s what happens I used Winamp Full Not Pay On-Board Sound Problem Version up until like a few days ago What happened is I was playing a song On-Board Sound Problem and then the progress bar started going really fast so the sound was like it was being fast forwarded And no my hand wasn t accientally holding the right arrow or anything That is by far the quot better quot error I m getting The other error is that Winamp will quot freeze quot then make the loudest most annoying hellish screeching noise I ve ever heard Even if my speakers are quiet the noise is still VERY loud If I close Winamp the noise continues The wierd part is when I hit CTRL ALT DEL when the screeching is on it says Winamp is on but Not Responding Winamp still does this even after I uninstalled full and reinstalled Lite This might not be an on board problem but I m pretty sure it is I have also experianced similar problems with Windows Media Player nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

My System Config AMD GHZ ASUS K V-VM Board Nvidia Geforce LE Turbocache x MB RAM Kingston DDR PSU of Circle V A My Graphics card was heating up when i start playing games I just placed a local fan below the graphic card s heating core Now my Graphic card s temperature is normal solved Now my on-board graphics core is getting heated when i just start the game - mins Onboard graphics is necessary hwardware coz i hv gr card why Overheating CPU, Board Problem on-board gr is nedded Can i disable the onboard graphics thru hardware so that my onboard gr is not heated What is AUX in speedfan i am using latest speedfan version How can i cool the temperature of my CPU Can i place another fan some where to cool CPU, Board Overheating Problem down my CPU Or i will hv to buy the CPU cooler and waht is SYSTEM in speedfan My PSU is like this quot V CPU, Board Overheating Problem A quot i e of Watts Is my calculation true Thanks In advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

my main board wont load when powered when i apply power the keyboard lights and the CPU board main problem sink fan starts but the monitor does not reflect any activity i pused the num lock key to see if that main board problem would work but it didn t respond the board is a quot PC Systemboard Slot socket quot the processoer is a pentium celeron so far i have changed memory changed CPU checked and confirmed jumper settings replaced the bios battery replaced the BIOS chip itself swaped power supplies striped periphials and even changed the system speaker to see if there was an quot error beep quot i was missing the results nothing the VGA quot card quot is onboard with a ribbon cable quot dongle quot i think that somthing is bad in the electronics of the board itself the system was functional before then i put it aside while i worked with another machine now it just quot doesn t work quot if anyone has sugguestions can t spell that word or knows how to check the board itself let me know my email is email protected my AIM handle is LNBLD thanks Nick nbsp

A:main board problem

strainge that you dont get any beep code , not even the single beep . i assume that you have tried another monitor .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/main-board-problem.83649/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi. I just cleared the CMOS on a Abit IS7-V2 motherboard. And when i restarted my system there was no display on my monitor. I checked my graphic card and also tested the board with another card but in vain. Also after the POST didnt heard any beep. Any help will be vert welcome.
Thanks

A:Problem with IS7-V2 board(Abit)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What made you clear the cmos in the first place? Did you make sure you were properly grounded?

Check that everything is connected and seated correctly. You may have disturbed something when you cleared the cmos.

If that doesn`t help. Disconnect anything not required to boot your computer. Just leave the psu/mobo/cpu/1 stick of ram/video card. Try and start your computer.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-is7-v2-board-abit.47496/
Relevancy 42.14%

I messed up my On sound problem board onboard soundmax integrated digital audio onboard I disabled the sound on my Microsoft Lifecam and for some reason it has messed up all sound Was trying to disable the mic on the life cam so i could talk with a headset plugged into my onboard sound pink cord I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the audio device and the lifecam but now no sound works on windows internet or chat programs like Teamspeak yahoo IM etc However my sound effects on World On board sound problem of Warcraft still work and i havent tried other games When i goto the device in device manager both the cam and the soundmax under audio and go into their properties and under the properties tab all of the headings audio devices midi etc say quot Driver On board sound problem is enabled but not started quot I have no idea what to do to get it to start ive reinstalled several times and On board sound problem ive restarted several times NEED HELP PLS nbsp

A:On board sound problem

If anyone has any clues, or inklings what might be the problem...even that would help...having problems still

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-problem.724788/
Relevancy 42.14%

im trying to install the drivers for my on board sound
my mobo is a ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 and it came with a driver cd
that has a driver wizard, when i run it the sound driver seems to install and the pc reboots after reboot it says finishing installation then it says not installed.
ive tried installing the sound driver manually but it says
the audio driver files do not support your computer hardware

is this because i already have Xfi drivers installed and need to install the onboard drivers first or is there a problem?
thanks

A:on board sound problem

You've got to have one or the other. On Board Sound or Sound Card.
I've been down this road before. When you decide which one, you will have to flush out all the drivers for the one you don't want and do a "fresh" install of sound drivers for the one you want.
In other words: Been there done that

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/97484-board-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 42.14%

ok here is my problem I have built my personal gaming rig and first off here are the spec:

Thermaltake Armor Full tower
Windows 7
600Watt coolermax PSU
8GB DDr3 RAM
GTS 450 Geforce vid card
dp55kg extreme motherboard

here is my problem when I plug the headphones in to the ports with the pink and green for the mic and audio all I get is a loud static sound. I have turned off the recording in the sound device options. and still there is noise I do not know what is the problem and I cannot come to a conclusive about what is wrong.

I would like anyone's help if you need anymore info just let me know

and yes I have the audio wires hooked up to the right one's i followed the manual layout

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dp55kp-board-problem.987494/
Relevancy 42.14%

i just installed win 7 ultimate 64bit on my Sony VAIO VGN-FW31E laptop. Now bear in mind i have 32 bit on another partition and it works fine. but 64bit i have a broblem with my keyboard. I can type ok but i have no special characters, such as @%$#^&(_+"|). all of these i had to copy and paste. please help. if i am not making any sense just ask for clarification
Tom

A:Laptop key board problem

SONY Support Country Selection Page

You have a European version. You will need to go to the above link and find the 64bit driver for the keyboard.
Install on the Win 7 64bit.

UK isn't listed as available there so select the country on the first page.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139104-laptop-key-board-problem.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Besides the obvious, of course.

My computer's been acting a bit odd lately, and when I tried to get online today, it went a little crazy and deleted the username on my connection dialogue box.

Now, whenever I try to log on, it says that 'the username or password isn't valid on this domain'. I know that neither username or password is wrong, and have tried to correct them several times to no avail, even though I'm quite sure the problem is deeper than that.

I've been having problems with spy and adware lately, but I've downloaded a few sweepers, and after scanning with Adaware SE, I was convinced I'd gotten rid of them. Any idea what the problem is?

Also, on a separate note, sometimes when I restart my computer, it will reload with a messed up screen. Any idea what could be causing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sure-if-this-the-right-board-dialup-problem.371421/
Relevancy 42.14%

umm i was installing a mother board on a friend's computer adn everything is installed right but when i go to press the button on, it turns on, all the fans spin and everything, then turns right off
how do u fix this?

Relevancy 41.71%

I need a litte bit of info here. I had a problem where I was getting horizontal red and green lines on my screen at times. I changed monitors and got the same problem. I sent my system in for repair. I was told that if a mother board had on video card that the motherboard its self would need to be replaced. The repair tech did a ReImage does that fix the issue? I am very concerned here. It has been a month messing with people to get it fixed. Was sent to Best Buy and they did nothing even though it was under warranty. Finally sent it directly to Gateway, and they ReImaged it. Just wondering if someone knows if this possible or did they just say they did something? Please respond. Thank you.

Relevancy 41.71%

my intel original motherboard is doing problem with my vendor said bios is got damaged
and he said whole mother board is gonna change so wht shud i do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problem-on-845-gvsr-board.620295/
Relevancy 41.71%

hey folks problem/ sound board new mobo on just put together a new computer- motherboard processor video card etc everything has gone great went through bios set up with no issues but on board sound problem/ new mobo when i hooked up my yamaha cdrw to the internal audio connectors to the on board quot sound card quot i found that i only have mono on board sound problem/ new mobo output on the right side no balance and the cdrw and music on my hard drive will play through win amp but i get absolutely no sound from windows media player which may be a gift in itself since i cannot stand that program funky after pulling every rabbit out of my hat i still haven t been able to find the problem i suspect that since the onboard sound is six channel audio and that the quot green quot output is the center channel for channel out put just might be the problem but when i loaded the software from the factory disc there is no provision for changing the settings to some other config like the manual says there is of course the green output input plug is the correct jack for two channel stereo here is a rather lengthy summary of my system- sorry- -------- EVEREST Home Edition c Lavalys Inc ----------------------------------------------------------- Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Quick Report Computer RIKJON family room Generator john ward Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Computer Name RIKJON family room User Name john ward Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon MHz x Motherboard Name Asus K V SE Deluxe PCI AGP WiFi DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset VIA VT Apollo K T AMD Hammer System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce FX Microsoft Corporation MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller SCSI RAID Controller VIA Serial ATA RAID Controller SCSI RAID Controller WinXP Promise FastTrak tm Controller SCSI RAID Controller WinXP Promise RAID Console SCSI Processor Device Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Disk Drive Maxtor D GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive YAMAHA CRW E x x x CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free E FAT MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Base-T Adapter Copper RJ- Peripherals Printer Acrobat PDFWriter Printer hp officejet series fax Printer hp officejet series Printer PIC NT Fax Printer USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller just wondering if anyone has any ideas to try i ve done everything i can think of have tried to contact asus but keep getting quot all circuits busy quot message maybe i can get through during the week also sent an e mail to their support group oh yea the cdrw has a seperate digital plug area although i ve never used anything but the pin analog jack maybe that has something to do with it please help and thanks ahead of time jake nbsp

A:on board sound problem/ new mobo

Off the top of my head, the only suggestion I can make to try to narrow this down a little further is to run the DirectX diagnostic tests (DXDIAG) to see what else you can determine about this problem. Make SURE that you save a full report, so you'll have it as a baseline diagnostics record. That way, you can compare the results of any changes you make with follow-up tests after you make changes to your settings.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates WMP; I still use Winamp 2.81 on most of my Windows rigs, though I did install Winamp 5.07 on one system recently, just to see the difference from the older version.

Also, open the Control Panel, and check the Sounds and Multimedia Properties for your hardware. Check ALL the Audio tab settings, including the Volume and Advanced option buttons (start with the Sound Playback settings). Check the balance sliders under the Volume options. Check the "Use only preferred devices" box, then check the Hardware tab. Examine the properties of your devices, especially the properties for your Yamaha CD/RW; put a check-mark in the "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device" box (if it isn't checked already), then run DXDIAG a second time, and compare the effects your changes have made.

Good luck; as a dedicated headphone user, this is one area I have little experience with, though I'm sure others will be able to provide more specific advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-sound-problem-new-mobo.422395/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi As a result of installing a game Fear board across the Graphics corruption problem i now have major graphic issues across windows the game installed Graphics corruption problem across the board fine but went Graphics corruption problem across the board belly up threw the into movie graphically I ve uninstalled the game uninstalled my Ati drivers XTreme-G WarCat Drivers for ATi along with Catalyst and the corruption is still there after numerous reboots - have I broken my graphics card the corruption is everywhere it comes and goes in all windows you can even swirl it around with you re mouse I haven t installed the drivers again just incase a reformat is needed - would that do the trick the game installed DX c august during setup but then I patched the game with the latest game update - maybe the conflict is there dunno any help would be great just need to get my windows back worried now heres a pic to show you what i mean XP Home SP Athlon Barton ATI Pro thankz again for any help nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I recently installed a new Acer Model S211HL monitor and a new Nvidia GEForce 6200 video board. I'm running 1024x768 mode with True Color-32bit with large fonts. Everything on my video screen seems wider than normal and the height seems shorter than normal.

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Troops,

I'm getting a message that 'no drives intstalled' on an
ASUS AV7-133, yet two hard-drives are installed, as well
as two CD-ROMS.

The exact message:

ULTRA100 Bios is not installed because there are no drives attached

There are IDE controllers for ide drives, in fact a total of four. (and floppy)

Each set of two has a blue base and a black base for the IDE cables. I've
found that it relates to a RAID 0 array, but I only want a regular Master-
Slave hard drive setup.

I can't find how to change it in the BIOS, and I've tried pluging the HDDs
in in various configurations and it still either recognizes the two CD-ROMS,
or the two HDDs - but still doesn't get all four, like it's supposed to be.

Haaaaalllllllp TIA

-bonzie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-ide-drives-on-asus-m-board.702509/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm trying to troubleshoot the issue I'm having and am hoping to leverage the expertise on this website. I recently bought a GA965P-DS3 board and am using it with a Conroe 6700 processor with 2G of Corsair 6400C4 800 RAM. I set stuff up with a PCI-Express video card and I just cant get it to display anything. The board and card are getting power (fans work) but cant get the BIOS setup to show up. I'm wondering if there is a board setting I'm missing (searched the manual, this forum and google w/o luck) or that the board is simply bad. video card works in another system...

powered by a 500W supply

appreciate the help

Relevancy 41.71%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Key Problem Board & Weird Fonts bit Processor AMD Turion tm Mobile Technology MK- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta B None Antivirus ZoneAlarm Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Keyboard Problem See Example below I c onside myself to be a beginner I use A and ireFox It should have read I consider myself to be a begginer I use AOL FireFox and IE As you can Weird Fonts & Key Board Problem notice typing has jumped from the first line to the second after the letter quot c quot Sometimes it jumps one line up instead of down Other times it goes backward on the same line and therefore deleting what had already been inputed It is excactly what happens on the sentence in bold above I use A and ireFox It should have read I use AOL FireFox and IE Weird Fonts Fonts appear weird blury on AOL and FireFox Quality of fonts on IE has remained unchanged Applications such as NotePad AOL emails and webpages on FireFox and AOL display weird blurry fonts that feel uncomfortable to read By contrast IE fonts both on a word document as well as webpages have remained constant in quality My attempts have been directed to Appearance and Themes gt Fonts with no positive outcome Perhaps it might be helpful to mention that both problems presented here occured almost simultaneously while attempting to protect my computer by trying different kind of Anti-viruses Any help would be appreciated as related threads didn t point me to the solution Thanks Visibility nbsp

A:Weird Fonts & Key Board Problem

Perhaps it might be helpful to mention that both problems presented here occured almost simultaneously while attempting to protect my computer by trying different kind of Anti-viruses.

It is helpful. There is every chance it is Zone alarm.
I would download this.
Microsoft Security Essentials.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security_essentials/default.aspx
On that site ONLY disable your Zone alarm anti-virus and firewall.
Then keeping them disabled install MS Essentials..
SEE HOW IT IS NOW, CHECKING that you have Windows Firewall enabled.

If the issue is solved you must then decide if you wish to uninstall Zone alarm or proceed with the possibility of changing the Zone alarm settings to solve the problem that way.
You would then need to go here
http://forums.zonealarm.com/faq.php
One possible solution to the keyboard errors
Here is how to fix the keyboard problem..

1.) on ZA Extreme Menu click on Browser Security, then Click Settings
Click on Advanced, the "Un-Check" [ ] Block programs that secreatly record your keystrokes..
2.) now click OK..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-fonts-key-board-problem.1007080/
Relevancy 41.71%

I just purchased a new biostar P4m80-m4 motherboard and an intel celeron D325 2.53g socket478 256k processor. Biostars's manual and website indicate that this board supports this processor. However when I booted up the machine I got an error message to this effect: warning cpu has been changed or cpu ratio failed. I shut down the machine and when I tried to reboot I got nothing. The power supply does not even start. I have verified that the power supply has not failed. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
Leasal

A:mother board or processor problem

Clear the CMOS and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mother-board-or-processor-problem.68389/
Relevancy 41.71%

I am in the process of trying to get the onboard video to work on a FIC FR33 running a 430 processor (CPU Socket 370) . I have been able to locate the video drivers online at their web site, but when I try to install, I get a message saying it cannot complete the task due to not being able to find the "setup.dll" file.

I'm trying to get the correct driver installed as the current setup only has 16 bit color at 640 x 480 resolution.(no other options)..graphics are very grainy.

We just want to use this system for online mail/ internet/MSN Messenger.

Can anyne give me some assistance in getting this driver installed? It looks like right now the system is using the standard VGA driver from Windows 98 which is not working correctly.

Thanks for the help

Relevancy 41.71%

on one of my computers the on board video isn't working in device manager it says the drivers are not installed (code 28).

i have tried to install some be searching the computer, searching the windows xp install disc i even tried the disc that came with a video card for another one of my computers and every time it just says cant find necessary software for this device

any ideas as to how to fix it any one

A:Solved: problem with on board video

On board means on your motherboard so you have to use the motherboard driver disc for the video drivers or identify the motherboard model and manufacturer and look that up online and download the proper drivers, most likely from the manufacturer's support website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-on-board-video.721234/
Relevancy 41.71%

I ahve bought Intel 845GLVA mainborad form 2nhhand shop the onborad soundcard doenn't work i have checked the bios setup there is no on borad soundcrad I have also tried to reinstall the Bios but the problem is still there if any one could plz help me to fix this plz let me know
hassan

Relevancy 41.71%

I recently acquired a new box and I can't seem to get the on board audio working.

The motherboard is an MSI 6712 (KTV4A).

-Installed the drivers from the msi website
-Made sure connections were correct (tried using both headphones and speakers)
-Enabled on board audio in BIOS

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello
I have some problems with my Lenovo Z51. It not recognize none of external connections on right side, made in jack, slot card and USB. I reinstalled all drivers but the problem is not solved. OS Windows 8.1. Please help me to solve this problem.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Z51 - I/O Board connection problem

Hi AuraFelicia , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The location affecting only the right side with Audio port, USB port and media card reader all affected at the same time would indicate probable failure on the IO board (page 52) specially if the ports on the other side are ok.

Reseating the cable and the IO board may help but try to reload the defaults of the BIOS first. 
Turn off the laptop and use the novo button (item 2 page 82) to power on , Choose BIOS setup from the Novo Menu and go to the exit tab and load the defaults , save and exit. 

Herewith is the service training for reseating (remove and re plug in to ensure no cables loose and connections are good) IO removal if you have the tools and skills . Otherwise try to call in technical support or your local service center for assistance. 

Hope this help answer your query. 

Regards

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z51-I-O-Board-connection-problem/td-p/3439795
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have windows XP Professions.
Mother Board Mercury Intel 915GL Express Chipset.
Processor Celeron 2.26 Ghz
Ram 1 GB

I am unable to run USB on my machine. Whenever i enable USB support from BIOS.... System Became very-2 slow & takes lot of time........CPU usage 100%
There was a Yelloe Exclamation sigh in the Device manager in front of Universal Host Controller...when I tried to install driver for this I ....come across this situation.....

When I disable this from BIOS system works fine but USB not
Please help me .
Bunty

A:On Board USB Enable - creates problem

Have you tried installing the chipset drivers for the motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/on-board-usb-enable-creates-problem.610732/
Relevancy 41.71%

Here is my specs -
Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
Motherboard Name Foxconn 6617MX-S / 661FX4MR-ES / 661FX7MF-(E)S / 661FXME(-E) / 661GX7MI-S / 661M03-G / 661M04-MX / 661MX (Pro)
Motherboard Chipset SiS 661FX/GX
System Memory 512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (11/06/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

I have just brought these from e-bay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2GB-PC3200-DD...goryZ172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have ran a test at crucial and it says my computer can take upto 4gb......
I have 2 slots which I intend to use 1gb in each.......

Will these work????

It says on the ebay seller's screen that they work with sis611/sis611fx so I should be ok shouldn't I.....

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi A disaster has overtaken my computer a surge in the power line wiped out the mainboard and processor I thought that if I fitted another board and processor all would be well but no The first part of the problem Solved: with board desktop Problem Intel is that the computer Solved: Problem with Intel desktop board reports lt checksum error gt a couple of times it has added lt date and time not set gt I have corrected these and saved the new values but the next time the computer is started it still reports lt checksum error gt What do I do now Before the failure the computer was an E machines using a gigabyte mainboard socket with a ghz processor I could not find an exact replacement so I Solved: Problem with Intel desktop board have used an Intel D GRG which is also a socket Solved: Problem with Intel desktop board board and a ghz processor I dont know if it is significant but in my ignorance I ignored the BIOS message and reinstalled XP which seemed to work but had a display problem Windows reported a bit display and refused to consider any alternatives I thought for the moment I can ignore the display problem and concentrate on getting the mainboard sorted out so anyone with a solution will be welcome but please keep it simple I am thinking of changing my profile from lt computer illiterate gt to lt totally ignorant gt Happy New Year phil nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys...

Managed to get my computer up and running perfectly, and using the old components and whatnot I started to throw a computer together for my dad, including:

- M2N32 SLI Asus (AM2)
- Nvidia GTS 250
- Seagate Barraccuda 7200 RPM (blank)
- AMD AM3 950 X2 BE (dual core, 3.1 Ghz)
- A fairly naff 550 Watt PSU

Anyway, I turn it on and it beeps (as in beeps like it always does when a PC turns on) and then all the fans and hard disk start spinning; then it just dies about 3 seconds later, no beeps, the mobo has power all this time so no idea what's happening! I've disconnected the GPU and it still dies... I'm wondering if it has something to do with a bios update I heard for a AM3 chip to work on a AM2 board?

Cheers for any help!

Posted via Mobile Device

A:It turns on, but dies? :( Possible AM2 Board/AM3 Chip problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/it-turns-on-but-dies-possible-am2-board-am3-chip-problem.858667/
Relevancy 41.28%

My father recently bought a 512MB DDR400 SDRAM to add to by brother's already existing 256MB. However, after installing it, he found that the computer could not boot. Then he tried removing the RAM, swapping the graphics card, but nothing worked. Could he have accidentally shorted out the AGP slot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-865perl-desktop-board-problem.40476/
Relevancy 41.28%

ok guys i have a GA-EP45-UD3P its a great board when i star the computer there are 6 LED lights (phase LED) on the board that light up as soon as windows boots they turn off is there any type of driver that will make these work in win7 64??

A:GA-EP45-UD3P mother board problem

You have to have the Dynamic Energy Saver software running. The phase leds monitor the 6 phase power usage. Has nothing to do with the OS.

DES

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/89354-ga-ep45-ud3p-mother-board-problem.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My borther in law dropped off his computer to me in an attempt to get it going. He just installed windows 2000 pro on it and now only has 16 colors....I know its a driver problem but im having a problem getting it fixed. In device manager there is a Yellow question mark and says the drivers have not been installed......any help on what I should do next would be appreciated

Relevancy 41.28%

I have a virus problem that prevents me from downloading the files mentioned in the board instructions. I can't access Firefox or Internet Explorer; instead I get a message from a fake anti-virus programs saying I'm being attacked by a virus, and I need to pay to upgrade it (I'm posting this from another computer, obviously).

On top of that, I can't run any of the programs on my computer. When I try to, I get a message saying that the application is "infected" and I need to "upgrade".

I can't see any way around this. Does anyone know what to do?

A:Problem - Impossible to follow board instructions

If you have an active internet connection, copy/paste the links below into your browser, don't click them or the rogue might redirect. If you don't have an active internet connection, download the tools from another machine, and transfer them to the affected machine via USB flash drive.
Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 3 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.exe
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr

Note:

You will likely see a message from this rogue telling you the file is infected. Ignore the message. Leave the message OPEN, do not close the message. Run rkill repeatedly until it's able to do it's job. This may take a few tries. You'll be able to tell rkill has done it's job when your desktop (explorer.exe) cycles off and then on again.

At this point, you should now be able to run analysis tools.

Once the tool has run, do NOT reboot the machine, and then try to run DDS and GMER.

If for some reason the machine reboots, repeat the process. Again, try not to restart the machine.

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.Disable any script blocking protection
Double click dds to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.
NEXT
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here to your desktop. It will be a randomly named executable. Double click the exe file.
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan.
Click the image to enlarge it
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are unchecked IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/problem-impossible-to-follow-board-instructions-543866.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I've been wanting to update my BIOS & ChipSet (not sure if same thing?) for sometime now

I've been on the ASUS website to search for them, but they are NOT doing any Win7 X64 drivers.

Dose anyone know any alternatives?

Thank You
Dan!

A:Updating ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe M'board (Win 7 Problem)

Quote:
I've been wanting to update my BIOS & ChipSet (not sure if same thing?)

They're not,

BIOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chipset - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asus has nothing to do with the drivers they all come from Nvidia, about all Asus might do with them is change the installer slightly so that it includes their name. Also Nvidia declared the NF4 legacy status quite a while ago (shortly after Vista came out), and there will be no more NF4 drivers.

You have a couple of options with that NF4,

1. Use it with the drivers that Windows installed (which come from Nvidia), which are sufficient for everything to work as it should.

2. If you really want something newer than what Windows installs have a look here,

View forum - nForce Drivers &bull; nForcersHQ.com

Personally I would just go with option #1, and did with almost the same board as yours (A8N-SLI SE) and it works as well in 7 as it did in Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/50267-updating-asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-mboard-win-7-problem.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok i have folowed the manule and even tryed the Online manule looked ayt almost everything i can and i am stumped everthign is correctly connected all new parts ann connectors etc the standby light come on, on the mobo next to the 12v power slot but when i hit the on button nothing happens :S Please help me out here.

Please get back to me ASAP if any one cam im desperate lmao. Thanks.

Here is a link to the desktop board info etc :
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915gev/index.htm

Relevancy 41.28%

I recently bought a nforce 590 SLi and 2x GeForce 8800GTS's and I swapped the nforce2 out for the nforce 590 not realizing that I didn't have a power supply that would handle the board and cards. I swapped the A7N8X back in and then magically my on-board sound didn't work and my DVI port on the back of my AGP GeForce 6600 didn't work either. ( I fixed the DVI problem which was a pain in the @$$) but I can't seem to get the on-board sound to work at all. The speakers and sub work find I hooked them up to my Zune and it plays fine. Any help getting it back to working condition is greatly appreciated. Thanks~!

A:ASUS A7N8X On-Board sound problem

reinstall your sound drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-on-board-sound-problem.70578/
Relevancy 41.28%

New board ,and new assembly on an old Dell CSx however my previous problem still exsist,it will not boot. There is response from the indicator lights, A\C cord seems to be in good condition ,battery also seems to be good. any suggestions?I would be thankful for anyones ideas or help.

A:New board new assembly same problem Dell CSx will not boot

matter of fact it was bad ,however i was able to replace it with a good AC Adap.and still nothing happens other than the LED s light up blink a few times then nothing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-new-assembly-same-problem-dell-csx-will-not-boot.101299/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I bought a new PC with Intel DP35DP motherboard, and I tried to setup windows server 2003 on it, but it is not working, I don't know why?
and I'm planing to setup Linux on it, but I don't know if it will work or not,so

May you please tell me if this motherboard supports Linux especially, and windows server 2003, or not? and if not what I have to do?
Do I have to update the BIOS or what?

Do I have to change this motherboard to other brand like GigaByte (GA-P35-DS4 for example) or other brands?
Give me suggesions of motherboards supports the above operating systems
(new chipset like P35 chipset)

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all,

I have an older version of Hoyle Board games that I am trying to install on my computer. I click install and nothing happens.

Any ideas as to what I can do? I am running Windows XP.

Thanks

Nancy

A:Hoyle Board Game installation problem

Nothing at all happens? There's nothing in Task Manager? You don't see any error message?

If so, what game is this, and what information is on the CD or CD case? Some versions of games absolutely will not even install on Windows XP. Newer versions will. What game are you trying to install, and does it say Windows 2000 or Windows XP on the disk or case? If it only says 95/98/ME, it may not install on XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hoyle-board-game-installation-problem.516906/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi im having a problem with my asus k8v-se mother board. i bought a new HD and it detects all the way up to when the mother board is detecting everything in the bios but then when i have the windows xp disk inserted and it says "click here to install windows xp" or whatever it says "cannot detect any hard disk drives, cannot go any further". i dont know why it keeps doing this.

i called up asus and they told me that it can be that my mother board needs to have certain drivers on it because its sata and i need to set it as my primary sata. can someone please help me!?

A:Problem with reinstalling windows with a K8V-SE mother board

I am assuming your new hard drive is a SATA drive. what Asus is referring to is the sata drivers which shoud have come with your motherboard. usually they are on a floppy disk. if you dont have them you should be able to download them from Asus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-reinstalling-windows-with-a-k8v-se-mother-board.39555/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have posted this problem before and have not gotten any answers that help. I am using win98se and this board is compatable with this OS. When installing the drivers for this board , the manual say to create a directory named win98src and transfer the windows files to it .Then, when installing the drivers, the program will ask for the windows setup cd. I am then supposed to point to the win98src file to continue installing the drivers. I have done this and cannot get past this point. I keep getting the message I have elected to cancel the setup. Without these drivers I have no pci bus mastering, no ethernet connection. I have not found any way around this problem. I don't want to purchase win 2000 or xp, although that would sove the problem. I can't afford it. anyone got an answer or workaround? willlya29

Relevancy 41.28%

I am about to swap boards in a Compaq system that came with XP (dead board). As many already know, the XP probably will not install after the new board is put in because Compaq's XP Setup looks for a Compaq BIOS and aborts the installation if it doesn't find it.

This has been a problem since the release of Windows ME; but, a workaround was eventually found for it. Has anyone come up with a work-around for XP?

Relevancy 41.28%

Evening all I have been trying in vain to install a installing Nvidia Board Graphics Problem PNY GeForce Graphics card I Problem installing Nvidia Graphics Board removed the existing board from the Device Manager prior to removing the old board and fitting the new one After fitting the new board and rebooting I am presented with the quot New Hardware Found quot wizard I canceled this and ran the drivers from the supplied CD I already have DirectX installed After the driver installation had completed - the setup prog said the drivers had been successfully installed I rebooted after which the quot New Hardware Found quot wizard appeared as the card had not installed The card is recognised as being on board by the computer and if I try to install the drivers either via the above wizard or via the Device Manager and using the reinstall drivers option it recognizes the card and looks for drivers I have pointed it towards the Driver CD and also to a folder on my Hard Disk where I have downloaded the latest drivers the installation process seems OK but then I have the message quot There was a problem installing this hardware Video Controller VGA compatible An error occured during the installation of the device The data is invalid quot I have disabled all items Inc Virus Killer in the system tray and removes all references to Nvidia that I can find I am running XP Pro with SP have plenty of H Disk space and otherwise exceed the min requirements of the board All ideas and help will be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I was playing Hoyle 2008 board games when McAfee started a scan. I closed the game. When I tried to reopen it after the scan completed, I got a message "The security key for this program currently stored on your system does not appear to be valid for this version of the program." I tried to reenter the key, but always get the same message. Is there anything other than purchasing a new key, game, whatever, that I can try to restore my game? I have the original purchase order # and key, but the game warranty is no longer valid. Can anyone help me?

A:Problem with Hoyle board game 2008

Just for info, my wife has had trouble with several of the Hoyle games over the years. Usually an uninstall and a reinstall would fix the problem (hangups, graphics suddenly changing, refusing to exit the game). I would try the uninstall and then the reinstall and see if that brings you back to a usable game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-hoyle-board-game-2008.872188/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Am working with a PC with a new monitor and an ASUS P S X-X system board When restarting sometimes over the monitor just doesn t make the connection i e a black screen though you can hear the box do its thing When this occurs there is no display during any part of the boot process not even a logo screen You just keep restarting it and then it works OK Haven t troubleshooted something like this before so I have a question Would it be worth purchasing a new Video Card I cannot produce any kind of a short in the monitor port connection and have cleaned and reinstalled the video card All seems board Solved: system video card or problem? to be in good working order Have you heard of the on off button doing this Its a P MB RAM GB HD I clean installed Windows XP Pro from Windows Pro It was having this problem for the past year or so Any ideas would be very well recieved Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi please help me my new first time ever installing D865PERL strange for problem nic driver p4 board built from scratch system is P prescott ghz mhz fsb Intel board D PERL i PE P strange problem installing nic driver for p4 board D865PERL FSB gig of dual channel kingston value ddr bfg nvidia nforce mx video card Zalman CNPS B-CU Pure Copper CPU Cooler using as win k pro sp problem ok i bought the board by mistake not knowing that it doesnt have integrated lan so after installing the linksys network card windows can t seem to recognize the ethernet driver even tho i used both drivers on linksys site as well as the strange problem installing nic driver for p4 board D865PERL nonexistent win k driver on the accompanying cd so i tried installing a very old realtek nic from an ancient hp pavilion and surprisingly windows recognizes the realtek card w strange problem installing nic driver for p4 board D865PERL o even asking me about adding driver for new hardware but that card is so slow so i put the linksys card on another slot as well and windows seems to ONLY recognize the linksys ethernet card IF the old realtek is also installed i tried buying another card from netgear and same problem i dont know what could be the cause as i have also tried different pci slots but no luck the OS is on a WD G and seems to be very hot so i want to install it on a G seagate instead but i have encountered weird problem i tried installing it fresh on the seagate but it wontlet me finish the install it says missing some driver i forgot the name then i use seatoools to copy the os from the g WD to the g seagate with that i can boot into windows but the mouse acts real slow and not very responsive i wonder if anyone has seen similar problems and can shed somelight i thought intel board is supposed to be stable that s why i bought it being a conservative newbie in this hardware stuff i dont need to oc i just want it stable thanks for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-problem-installing-nic-driver-for-p4-board-d865perl.308728/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a Gigabyte Gamer 3 motherboard with an I7 processor, with on board Intel graphics processor.
I have this installed via Windows 10 along with an NVDIA GTX650 graphics card. Recently if I do a full "reboot" after the windows logo comes up all the monitors go into sleep mode and the system does not boot,.
To get the system to boot up with both graphics drivers installed, I have to either power off the PSU or go into the BIOS and then exit without saving changes. The system then boots fine until another "restart".
Fast boot works fine also, it's just when Windows does a "restart".
Any ideas anyone?
I have disabled the onboard graphics temporarily and the system works fine every time, but before both used to work without any problems.
Regards,
Mark.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/gigabyte-gamer-3-board-intel-graphics-problem-4606087/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone.
Yesterday I bought a new monitor (Packard Bell viseo 190W), I've plugged it to my computer, but something is not working: while windows (I've XP pro) is loading the logo appears and everything seems to be ok, but just before the "user-interface" loads, the monitor goes black showing a "NO SIGNAL" message. I tried to uninstall ati-drivers (my graphic card is ati radeon 9250, 256MB ram), it works but obviously is in low mode graphic. If i try to reinstall catalyst + drivers the problem comes back. I tried Omega drivers too, same problem :\

What should I do? Any suggestions?

Thanks for help
@moderator can u change "video board" with "graphic card" in the thread title? thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/widescreen-monitor-video-board-drivers-problem.932430/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all I have an Asus M A-VM HDMI mainboard and am trying to install my new Geforce GTS GPU Up until now card Graphics Problem installing Asus new on board I have Problem installing new Graphics card on Asus board been using the on-board ATI x graphics via the bundled riser card to output via HDMI In display settings I showed screens one for the VGA and one for the HDMI When I tried to install the Geforce Problem installing new Graphics card on Asus board I had a whole bunch of issues When I first installed it I left the on-board graphics set as primary and windows wouldnt even detect the card Switching off the HDMI support in the BIOS sorted this and the next time I booted up windows saw the card and installed the drivers off the CD Next I rebooted and changed the primary GPU in the BIOS to PCIE Problem installing new Graphics card on Asus board from on-board VGA As soon as I saved and exited the screen when blank The machine continued to boot into windows I have a VFD that fires up when windows starts so I know it was running but the display remained blank The only way to fix this was to pull the graphics card and reset the primary GPU back to on-board VGA in the BIOS After this I plugged the card back in and let windows start normally Now when I try and access the display settings I get a message about the primary display drivers being for a previous version of windows I am running MCE and that the default display adaptor is disabled In my displays window the onboard ATI is now screens amp which are the only that are selectable and the geforce is number No matter what I do I cant get any display from the Geforce The HDMI cable is fine as I ve tested it on the onboard DVI port via an HDMI gt DVI converter Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-new-graphics-card-on-asus-board.630944/
Relevancy 40.85%

Any ideas?

I've an ASRock K8Upgrade-1689 board with on-board SATA controller which works fine with my SATA hard drive until I disable either the on-board LAN or Audio in the BIOS. The hard drive then mysteriously becomes invisible to the board. Bit scared of flashing the BIOS but will be brave if it's a good idea!

Thanks

A:Sata hard drive and on-board audio problem

Cheers Rick

Had a stiff drink and flashed the BIOS! No problem, and can now disable the audio and LAN with no complications. Thanks for your help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-hard-drive-and-on-board-audio-problem.20164/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am not sure I am even on the right place for this, however, here goes. My Grandson gave me a Hoyle Puzzle & Board games 2009 CD and installed it for me. I am having problems with it. I cannot access Panic at all. (I get an error message.) On the Crossword game I cannot use the tab key or arrows to move from word to word. I must use the mouse. On Bump'um, when the 8 card for a car controlled by the computer comes up (this is a choice card) it will sit there for a few seconds (as if thinking!) before the car makes its move. I have not explored all the games, but these I have found. Is it the CD or my computer that is causing these problems?

A:Hoyle Puzzle & Board games 2009 problem

I don't think anyone on this website is likely to know how to.
You need to be a little more "vague" about your problems such as;'
'keyboard not working on game'.
Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hoyle-puzzle-board-games-2009-problem.785283/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, and thanks for looking at this problem. Hopefully you can help.
I was awake untill 4 this morning trying to figure out what the problem is with the motherboard i have just installed.
The problem is, i have installed the motherboard inside the case securly, connected the IDE cables, Floppy and Power Connector cables to the motherboard and the part i am confused on is, the front panel connecters. I cannot figure out which LED goes where, however i had guessed which is the power connector as i can power it on, but get no LED display on the front of my case, and no display on my monitor. I looked over the motherboard manual on the Intel website, and followed their instructions and still no luck.
Anyone who can help me, i would greatly appreciate it.
Many Thanks, Ant.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello everyone I have had a strange problem with my Motherboard Hard Drive lately and it has become worse as of late I have the following motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E And this hard drive http www amazon com gp product B Q PIQ ref oss product ie UTF amp redirect true At what has started becoming once a day my computer will either freeze or give me a Disk Write Error and then freeze Once it freezes I have to go into the computer and move the SATA cable to an empty SATA slot Once I boot the computer back up things run smooth until about a day later it happens again and I have to change slots again What I don t know is if this is a Hard drive error or a Mother board error but I do know that someting is wrong Would anyone be able to give me a hand here Thank you nbsp

A:Strange Mother Board/Hard Drive Problem

Try replacing the Sata cable from the HD to the MB as a test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-mother-board-hard-drive-problem.952774/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi friends,
I have windows xp sp2 on 80gb harddisk , mother board mercury make,intel processor now this mercury mother borad what i have donot support ddr2 RAM, i had moved harddisk to intel motherboard box.

i am able to detect harddisk and windows apologies to start safe , last good menu and start normally and command prompt appears, i tried all options but fail to start windows xp.

MY IDEA IS AFTER LOGGING INTO WINDOWS , LOAD INTEL MOTHER BOARD DRIVERS.
Pl. find me solution to loginto windows and resume work.
THANK YOU

Regards
Vinod

A:moved windows xp sp2 harddisk from mercury mother board to intel mother board

welcome
you cant use the same xp on another motherboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moved-windows-xp-sp2-harddisk-from-mercury-mother-board-to-intel-mother-board-354286.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I received my new Plextor PX SA SATA drive hope I have the model right - it s the with drive Asus SATA Problem on board Solved: Plextor dual-layer SATA drive Put simply I cannot boot the system if this drive is attached My board is an Asus k V-Deluxe I have three other SATA devices all three are hard drives and they are recognized and run fine However if I plug the Plextor into the Promise controller running in IDE mode it fails during bios boot detection phase with a message that my hardware is misconfigured This happens on either drive and I ve checked the connections and all If I plug it into the VIA VT Southbridge connectors it ll detect but I m not sure it s detecting correctly - it sees it as a Plextor Solved: Problem with Plextor SATA drive on Asus board during detection but in the BIOS Boot Devices screen it shows quot MBA UNDI Bus Slot quot - but partway through booting into windows it ll fail with an Inaccessible Boot Device error I ve tried disabling it in the BIOS Boot Priority screen but still get the same error System boots perfectly fine as long as the SATA cable for that device is unplugged Anybody have any advice Anyone know for sure if this board is compatible with this drive Can t seem to find anything that says yea or nay Appreciate any help advice I did go to Plextor s site but it wasn t any help Oh and it s getting juice I can open close the door and the light comes on during boot jmc nbsp

A:Solved: Problem with Plextor SATA drive on Asus board

It could be defective. I once had a modem that would make Windows freez on startup. I also had this problem on a CD-Rom drive that went bad on me. It just may not working right. Send it back, where-ever it came from and try another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-plextor-sata-drive-on-asus-board.370405/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I think this might be a virus or a trojan but i don t know all that much about computers Last week my Windows Vista laptop Virus Trojan)- Problem from or a (Possibly from Reposted Vista Board the froze I was Problem (Possibly from a Virus or Trojan)- Reposted from the Vista Board on the internet through Firefox and playing World of Warcraft at the time I turned it off and when i turned it back on there was a black screen going through a list of some operation it was performing I don t know exactly what it was but i know it said it was deleting a bunch of stuff so i turned it off then on again Next the same black screen saying that it was checking something came up and went through steps which included restoring something When it finally started up properly it told me quot Your user profile was not loaded correctly quot and put me on a temporary log-in profile Sorry that this is so vague So the status of this is - I can t log into my user profile including all my settings - My personal files documents pictures music etcetera are still there - AIM Windows Media Player and McAfee Security Center aren t working I got a HijackThis log file posted belw If you can tell me how to find it i can provide the rest of the information needed Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Problem (Possibly from a Virus or Trojan)- Reposted from the Vista Board

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-possibly-from-a-virus-or-trojan-reposted-from-the-vista-board.766564/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and I have a question .

My Grandma has a windows xp computer. In the past I have replaced the hard drive as well as the power supply. The computer now has a new issue which started this week. I suspect it is the motherboard but would rather be 100% sure of it before I advise my granma just get a new machine.

When you boot the computer the / sign appears and takes twenty minutes to boot. Also , one of the DVD drives have completely dissapeared from recognition and the one it does ackowledge it shpws to be occupied when it is not. Any input would be appreciated. I am Going to go to her house and troubleshoot the computer when I get a chance and was just wonderin what you takes would be on the situation. Thanks , Rob

A:POSSIBLE MOTHER BOARD PROBLEM! 20 minute boot and issapearing drives

It could be that the drive (or drives) are failing and the BIOS can't recognize them. That would cause a long POST (Power On Self-Test). Do you get the Windows XP splash screen or just a black screen?

You could try disabling the drives on the secondary IDE controller of the BIOS and reboot. If it boots up normally, then most likely the drive is beginning to fail. Check the BIOS to see if it recognizes the drives, as well. They "should" be on the secondary IDE controller.

Hit me up if any of this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-mother-board-problem-20-minute-boot-and-issapearing-drives-302015.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,
The on-board surround sound on my XPS 8700 will not work properly.
When the configuration sound test is run the front speakers both give the little melody correctly, but all of the other speakers give a little dink sound like a cracked bell.  The surround sound in the game I play the most only seems to work with the front speakers.
My Creative Inspire T7700 is admittedly quite old (12 yrs) but I don't think that is the problem.
Any suggestions?
Mick

A:Sound problem with on-board sound on XPS 8700

Hi Mick, 
Thanks for writing to us. 
Have you tried any other speaker set to rule out the speakers? 
How about the sound from earphones?
Do update the audio drivers and BIOS if not yet and observe for any changes. 
Await your response.
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19678533
Relevancy 33.97%

When i press the "end" key to jump to the end of a line in Microsoft word nothing happens, Im sure its the keyboard not the program.

Any suggestions??

Relevancy 33.54%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 30.53%

hellow getsi live in pakistan. i hv HP envy 15 - 3207tx model B8M39PA. some keys of my laptop do not function. mechenics say it should be replaced. i did not find any key board in peshawar,  islam abad and even in lahore. its key board No is 668834-001. kindly help me how can i get key board. thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/key-board/td-p/5781751
Relevancy 30.53%

what ram would be best for the dfi nf4 sli board?

ocz has ram made just for dfi but i dont know
http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...pc_5000_dual_channel_platinum_dfi_nf4_special

or should i go with something like this
http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3200_dual_channel_platinum_rev_2

A:ram for dfi nf4 board

nice to see that a mobo manufacturer besides ABIT is putting out the extra money to put the good japanese caps on their boards. The specs for the board says it only supports DDR 400. So does that mean it won't support a Clawhammer with 1GHz FSB? weird. Anyway if you have a 1GHz FSB you would need the PC5000. i still don't get it. Sorry I'm an Intel guy so I'm not really into AMD, but no one was answering your post so.......... I thought all the 939 socket AMD's were 1GHz FSB? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-for-dfi-nf4-board.25045/
Relevancy 30.53%

The XPS 13 laptop has an LED board in it. The board plugs into the motherboard, but it's not really clear to me what's for. The board is pictured here, www.ebay.com/.../262105473513

A:What is the LED board for?

It holds the system LEDs -- charging, power, etc.  They're on the front edge of the palmrest in this model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993164
Relevancy 30.53%

okay for a while now i screwed my computer over and i burns it lol so i was useing my laptop ( i gave to my dad ) until i get a new comp. i hate typeing on the lap top key boards because i keep hiting the mouse my mistake and it jumps lines ( built in mouse ) and so i connected a USB kep board to it, now that when i un-plug the USB key board the original key board is F***ed like when i hit p its puts a - and its realy anoying and my dads going to be realy mad, can you help me fix it?

Relevancy 30.53%

i just changed the board in my pc it is a asus cusl2 when it goes to start xp fires up fo r second and shuts down wondering how much ram is needed to run xp

A:new board

how much ram have you - I have seen it run on 128Mb - certainly a lot of machines with 256Mb where sold

have you made sure the cooling is correct and put any heatsink compound between the fan & CPU - could it be over temperature and shutting down ?

did you put the FAN on the correct way round - some CPUs had a small slot/ridge along oneside and you had to get the CPU Fan assembly the correct way around to nake good contact

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-board.787411/
Relevancy 30.53%

hello i have recently upgraded my ram on my dfi lanparty 790fx dark mobo it has an amd 9550 phenom quad core processor 2.2ghz the ram i just put in it is dominator 1066 dual channel 2 gig sticks and after doing the computer now reads processor as 1.6ghz and me nor my room mate can figure out what the problem is so if anyone can please help

A:Not too sure if this is the right board but...

Did you chk the multiplier in bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-too-sure-if-this-is-the-right-board-but.114564/
Relevancy 30.53%

Having problem with my key board. I can't seem to get the letter B or N to work. any suggestions? I changed key boards which didn't help an run all scans and did system restore. Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/key-board.880563/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm probably looking right at it & can't see it. I usually see it at the top of other forums. I see 'forum rules' right away but not a list of 'how to's' which is what I need.
Thanks.

A:Where is board help

What help do you need with the forum?

Post it here.

Or look in the Tutorials.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/230624-where-board-help.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, i need a new board my computer is currently not working and it freezes at the motherboard screen ive done tons of tests and diganosed it to be the motherboard as the problem. (ive also posted about this a few weeks ago)

I need to get a replacement board thats cheap under 100 bucks pref if you can help thanks.

Motherboard That needs Replacing - MCP61PM-HM (Has AMD Processor in it)

Relevancy 30.53%

This may not be the right place to post this but its close enough.

I need microphone help.

For the past few months my microphone just hasn't been working online! I have no clue why and nobody seems to be able to help me.

Its not because its muted or anything like that. We had a mic and it used to work but one day it just didn't work anymore so I bought a new one and that doesn't work online either.

It works fine with sound recorder, and with any voice test things for any applications, but whenever I enter an online game to use it, it seems to just shut off and disappear completely. It works while msn is running but whenever I click "start an audio conversation" it shuts off.

I am starting to get very agrivated so if you could help me out I'd appreciate it.

-Flea

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perhaps-not-the-right-board.178195/