Windows Support Forum

USB flash memory stick and cards not working!

Q: USB flash memory stick and cards not working!

Windows XP Pro SP HP nx laptop My Computer won t see any USB storage devices like flash memory sticks or SD cards in a card reader I ve checked for drive letter conflicts and I don t have any When if USB memory stick working! not cards flash and I plug in a U memory stick I can see the U CD part of the stick but none of the flash memory storage area When if I put an SD SDHC or Compact Flash card into a card reader I get nothing None of what should be available storage space can be seen under USB flash memory stick and cards not working! Disk Management I can see all my other drives but the flash space is not there Its like the disks don t exist Every stick I m having issues with every flash card I m having problems with they all work on other machines without any issues at all I do have ONE USB flash memory stick and cards not working! memory stick that works but the AutoPlay no longer functions as it did I don t get a choice of what to do even though its set to let me choose when I insert Other than that NONE of my flash based storage works Help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: USB flash memory stick and cards not working!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.96%

I have a 64mb USB flash memory stick. When I plug into my computer at work (win2000 pro), the system detects it and a little icon shows up at the lower right corner of the task bar. However, the drive itself does not show up in MyComputers, and I can't find it anywhere. So even though everything is ok, I cannot access the memory stick, can somebody help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

A:Problem with USB flash memory stick, help!

At work? Do you have any network drives mapped? Windows doesn't take network drives into account when mapping normal drives to letters. Go to Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management and manually assign an unused drive letter to your flash disk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-usb-flash-memory-stick-help.12075/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a 2g memory stick and a little 64k stick. My 2g works fine, but in the same usb port the 64k stick doesn't work (up til now worked fine recently). Light goes on on the stick and stays on instead of going off, and the stick nor the files show up as an active drive (like if it's just not there)? I've gone into devices and when I put the stick in it comes up and it says the driver is ok. I've also read some info about reformatting but have no idea if that will solve the problem, nor do I have any idea how to do that even if it will help? Is there any way to get this working to recover the files?

Appreciate any help....

Relevancy 73.96%

If this question has already been answered I was unable to find it sorry for the repetition I Stick Flash for Backup Memory have a GB Kingston USB Data Traveler memory stick and want to use it for backup It worked great the first time All the desired files were backed up perfectly Now I want to use it to back up only those files that have changed I ve tried it several different ways Copying the changed file onto the one already in the stick no luck It wants to append and not overwrite I ve tried erasing the target file from the stick first then copying the quot changed file quot into its place in the file hierarchy a lot of work for each file in each folder I must be missing something here I ve tried right clicking and quot send to quot again it appends the Flash Memory Stick for Backup flash s contents Any suggestions how to do this painlessly while maintaining the file folder hierarchy Any way to automate it macro script writing Thanks in advance for your tips Technewbie nbsp

A:Flash Memory Stick for Backup

For file backups, Cobian Backup, available free from the author's site.

For synchronizing backup folders, SyncToy, available free from Microsoft.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-memory-stick-for-backup.557192/
Relevancy 73.96%

I recently obtained a usb flash memory stick. I'm unable to format it on FAT or FAT32. Just wondering if anyone had any previous problem with there usb sticks and could give me some advice. My system recognises and installs the device but wont open as it needs to be formatted yet says it is unable to complete the format.

any help appreciated!

Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Sony 256mb Micro Vault that I'm having alot of problems with. A while ago it worked perfecting then by some fluke (don't ask me what I was thinking at the time) I tired to format it in ext3. This was obviously a stupid mistake cause now I can't use it in either Linux or Windows. I'm looking for some way to just wipe it clean and back to normal so things can be like the good ol' days.
Oh and the windows "disk format" option doesn't work.

Relevancy 73.1%

Dear Admin,

This is in reference to my Qosmio G20 Laptop.

Last month my OS (windows XP media edition) got corrupted then I try to reformat it and install the OS again.

But unfortunately my CD/DVD Rom not working/reading,

Then I try to install it through a bootable PEN Drive with XP integrated.....but when I go to BIOS I don?t find the booting option with USB......:-(

Then I remove my primary hard disk and put it to another laptop and install the XP, its work in that laptop but unfortunately when I put the HDD back to the Qosmio its start gives the XP logo but within 5-10 sec its stop and give a blue screen message then restart again automatically....

plezz help me to install XP or Vista or 7 any that works on it......

plezzz plezzz its my favorite laptop

Thanx in advance

Jai

A:How to install Win XP on Qosmio G20 using USB flash memory stick

> Then I try to install it through a bootable PEN Drive with XP integrated.....but when I go to BIOS I don?t find the booting option with USB......:-(

Connect the USB flash memory stick to the notebook, now power ON the unit and press F12.
The boot menu should appear where you could see all possible boot devices.

Do you see the USB boot option in boot menu?
If not, then you will not be able to boot from USB flash memory.

> Then I remove my primary hard disk and put it to another laptop and install the XP, its work in that laptop but unfortunately when I put the HDD back to the Qosmio its start gives the XP logo but within 5-10 sec its stop and give a blue screen message then restart again automatically..

I guess this happens because the RAID drivers was not included!!!
The Qosmio G20 supports RAID controller and you have to add the RAID driver (can be found on Toshiba EU driver page) in order to recognize the HDD.
But I don?t know if you could do that using another computer? I guess this is not possible.

Maybe you could try to disable RAID in BIOS?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70955-How-to-install-Win-XP-on-Qosmio-G20-using-USB-flash-memory-stick
Relevancy 70.52%

I have Windows 8.1 on several PC's, but only on this one PC do I NOT have Windows recognizing a SD camera card or flash drive, and opening up a window to allow me to see the card....
I have to go into My PC and click on the card, drive letter, to open it.

Evidently, I did something wrong on this one PC, but I don't know what it was.

Any help would be great!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/73790-cant-set-auto-play-sd-flash-memory-cards.html
Relevancy 70.52%

This seems really odd to me and I have been unable to figure Reading flash cards Vista in memory it out When I insert a card from one of our digital cameras into the reader s on my computer it reads the card and I can view the files But the next time I insert a card into the reader it brings up the photos from the last set of files that were on that card using Windows Explorer It s as though it is not reading the card but is reading the directory that Reading flash memory cards in Vista the previous files occupied on that card Yet when I click on one of the quot old quot photo thumbnails it will bring up the quot new quot photo Removing and reinserting the card does not help Rebooting does not help If I right click on one of the old photo Reading flash memory cards in Vista thumbnails and bring up the real photo and alter it for example rotate it and then save it it will show up normally I can select all of the photos even though the ones I select are quot old quot and move them into a seperate folder When I view the photos in that folder they are correct This is happening with both SD cards and Smart Media cards old and outdated but I love that camera What the heck am I missing I m not sure that this makes sense so what I mean is I took photos in Oct moved them to a directory on my hard drive reformated the card I then took new photos on that card in Nov and when I place that card with those Nov photos into my computers card reader Windows Explorer brings up the thumbnails of the Oct photos If I click on one of the Oct thumbnails I am presented with one of the Nov photos nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Anyone use one? I heard its alot easier, and faster than burning a CD everytime. Are they worth the money? What make is best?

Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys I just installed and Vista and it is not detecting my memory stick when it is plugged in. It is an mp3 player that does not drivers. It works perfectly on my XP box. Is there any way to find out if the problem is hardware related? The mboard on my laptop might be having some issues.

What can I try?

Thanks

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello everybody ,I have a Memory stick (Cruzer Edge 8 GB) it did work perfect time ago I try to use today to copy same file and it say Item no longer on your computer,when I did plug the USB it took a while until the small window open with only option Open the folder to view file,I did so and try to copy and paste and the answer is Item no longer on your computer so please anybody know about that?
Thank you very much!

A:USB Memory Stick not working

A USB pen-drive, if working properly, should register with Windows almost instantaneously with no discernable delay in response. The fact that yours is taking a while to respond is a sure sign that it's faulty and needs replacing. It's mainly for this reason that you should never use a pen-drive for backup purposes - they are too volatile & unreliable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-not-working.1075092/
Relevancy 69.23%

Dear Members,

I went to Finland, Helsinki during the Christmas break and purchased a mobile broadband Pay As You Go Dongle from a local department store. I could not make it work while I was staying in Helsinki and I do not understand why.

Here are the details of my computer OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Media Center Edition, Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Here are the requirements of the dongle: Windows 2000 SP4, XP SP2 or Vista. Screen: 800x600 and USB 2.0.

I thought that I was ok when I looked at them before I purchased the dongle. I tested the dongle in the shop using their computer and the dongle worked fine. But the mobile broadband Pay As You Go dongle does not work with my computer and I do not know why.

Can someone help me please. Thank you.
Kristina

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi ,
Just wondering, is it my luck? that is the fourth flash memory SD card I try for first use and it gives me memory card error right after inserting it , I used to devices for reading: card reader in my HP officejet printer and Canonpowershot camera.
Cards are:
Patriot signature class 4 4gb
Kingston class 4 8gb
Kingstion micro sd with adapter
last one today Transcend class 10 8gb
I have a old kingston 2 Gb still working fine in the camera and in the HP printer.
I tried all the recovery software I could find to try to format it but the cards are not recognized.
I insert the cards unlocked for first use to format them at first but I can't reach this stage since I have memory card error right away.
I don't know what to do, I find it ridiculous to continue buying cards that won't work.
Any suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

Craziest thing, plug it into laptop it recognizes it no problem open up all the files are there, when i bring it to the desktop, it sees it but no files blank??

Also have an external hard drive, laptop recognizes it, plug it into desktop it doesnt even recognize it, it says
USB NOT RECOGNIZED!

Perry

Thanks

A:USB memory stick not working correctly

1. insert the flash drive into usb port
2. right click on "My Computer" > Manage - The Computer Management window popsup.
3. Select Disk Management
4. Locate your Flash Drive at the bottom where it starts with "Disk 0" which is your Hard Drive.
5. Your Flash Drive should say something like "Disk 1, removable", to the right it should have a blue line which means it's a primary partition.
6. If it has a Black line, then it means that the Flash Drive has not been partitioned. To fix this do this:
7. Right click on the black line. It should give you an option to partion it.
8. Go ahead and partition it to FAT or NTFS which ever option you can get or want.
9. Once it is finished, then you will be able to read and write from the Flash Drive.

Let me know if it does not work or if you are having problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453310/usb-memory-stick-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 68.37%

please help i have memory pens all of Pen/Stick PC One On Memory Working Only Stopped different sizes and makes that all work fine on other pc laptops and tv s but for some reason the have stopped working on my main windows pc when they worked fine yesterday when i plug them in i get the beep but it takes about mins for it to show then it says Memory Pen/Stick Stopped Working Only On One PC you need to format G before you can use it i click ok to format and Memory Pen/Stick Stopped Working Only On One PC it says windows was unable to complete format the pen drive is now showing in my computer and if i right click under properties it shows the device is working properly but if i left click on the drive it says drive is not accessible incorrect function i have tried other usb ports and the same happens i also have a tb external drive which works fine in any usb port please please can someone help thankyou i am new to this i do hope i have put this in the right place

A:Memory Pen/Stick Stopped Working Only On One PC

It sounds to me that the computer you used to format the USB stick has malfunctioned. I suggest you use another computer to put the USB stick right. When you have done that see if it works again in the malfunctioning computer. If it fails go to computer management and then Device manager and try and update all the USB controllers.
If that does not clear your problem then it may be that the USB devicess for that computer have failed.
BOL

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/192097-memory-pen-stick-stopped-working-only-one-pc.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hey guys and girls.

i just got an old g3 ibook
and an 8gb memory stick with it with some files on it.it was working fine on the ibook and in windows. i then transfered the files of the stick and i deleted the .trashes file while i was on my windows PC and now the stick isnt recognized in the windows or the ibook.

any help please

im unsure of the make as there are no markings just 8gb.

many thanks
bmw156

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-stopped-working.767762/
Relevancy 67.51%

http://www.jascoproducts.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=70
Hi, I bought this about a year ago and it worked at first but as time passed sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't when I put in my memory stick to upload pictures, etc. Now I've been trying for a couple of days and whenever I insert it into the usb port the light flashes green (somestimes remains green) and the computer shows that that removable drive is there when I go to 'my computer'. But when I click on it it says "Please insert the removable drive E)" or it freezes my computer. I even tried it on a laptop and it doesn't want to open up.

A:GE Memory Stick Card Reader not working!

Hi and welcome. As with anything else, sometimes they go bad. Check to see if it's still under warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ge-memory-stick-card-reader-not-working.740736/
Relevancy 67.08%

I had this memory stick for a while, and its been working fine. It has a lot of my important college work on it too. Just a few days ago it randomly stopped working. I've tried it on all computers I can and none of them recognised it, and it didn't pop up in 'My Computer'.
The best reaction I got was on this laptop, where it said it was processing, but then said that I did not have a suitable driver software or something like that. Please help, I have a lot of work on it .

A:7dayshop USB memory stick randomly stopped working?

A lot of them quit just because they have been dropped more than 12 inches.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7dayshop-usb-memory-stick-randomly-stopped-working.177490/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I have a problem using any external flash memory with my laptop Hwnever I plug a USB stick or sd card in I get a notification sound and then the computer says it needs formatting If I try and format it fails every time I have tried several usb drives and sd cards in all working format, u flash drives/ USB Laptop then - not to but cards recognized sd need four ports with the same results All of these devices work fine on other computers My laptop does still recognize and let me use my external usb hard drive however I have tried using Device manager to update and also uninstall both the Disk Drive and USB mass storage device but this has not resolved the problem The devices are listed in Device Manager with no yellow error icon It says the drivers are up to date I have also tried using CMD to clean and format the disk but again the computer says it is unable to format the disk I have also tried the advice stated here - USB Driver Reset and USB Ports Power State Reset - Sysnative Forums http api viglink com api click format go amp key f bc cfba b d d ef f amp loc http A F Fwww techsupportforum com Fforums Ff Flaptop-usb-flash-drives-sd-cards-not-working-recognized-but-need-to-format-then-u- html post amp v amp libId bd ab c -c Laptop USB flash drives/ sd cards not working - recognized but need to format, then u cf- ee- fbd-fda a b ef amp out http A F Fwww sysnative com Fforums Fhardware-tutorials F -usb-driver-reset-usb-ports-power-state-reset html amp ref http A F Fwww techsupportforum com Fforums Fnewreply php Fdo Dnewreply noquote D p D amp title Laptop USB flash drives F sd cards not working - recognized but need to format C then u - Tech Support Forum amp txt USB Driver Reset and USB Ports Power State Reset - Sysnative Forums amp jsonp vglnk jsonp Could anyone help me to resolve this issue please Many thanks Acer G running Windows Home Premium nbsp

A:Laptop USB flash drives/ sd cards not working - recognized but need to format, then u

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-usb-flash-drives-sd-cards-not-working-recognized-but-need-to-format-then-u.1107034/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi working then sd but USB flash Laptop recognized u drives/ - format, to cards need not I have a problem using any external flash memory with my laptop Hwnever Laptop USB flash drives/ sd cards not working - recognized but need to format, then u I plug a USB stick or sd card in I get a notification sound and then the computer says it needs formatting If I try and format it fails every time I have tried several usb drives and sd cards in all four ports with the same results All of these devices work fine on other computers My laptop does still recognize and let me use my external usb hard drive however I have tried using Device manager to update and also uninstall both the Disk Drive and USB mass storage device but this has not resolved the problem The devices are listed in Device Laptop USB flash drives/ sd cards not working - recognized but need to format, then u Manager with no yellow error icon It says the drivers are up to date I have also tried using CMD to clean and format the disk but again the computer says it is unable to format the disk Could anyone help me to resolve this issue please Many thanks Acer G running Windows Home Premium

A:Laptop USB flash drives/ sd cards not working - recognized but need to format, then u

Hi you could try this and see if that clears it USB Driver Reset and USB Ports Power State Reset - Sysnative Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-usb-flash-drives-sd-cards-not-working-recognized-but-need-to-format-then-u-705399.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Iam having an issue that is relay working (sd, memory sd No micro cards etc) starting to annoying The problem is that no kinds of storage No memory cards working (sd, micro sd etc) cards are currently working perfect on my computer For an example no phones can be connected have tryed htc's with microsd cards and a sony ericson with an m card and same No memory cards working (sd, micro sd etc) problem Also No memory cards working (sd, micro sd etc) if i try to open any SD cards like camera it dosent work The thing is that it comes up as removable drive but when i try to open it it just says please insert card I have tryed deleting installing reformatting drivers and cards like crazy and its the same I have also tryed changing the drive letters around but the issue is the same The only thing that makes the work is the following If i leave the card in the cardreader or a phone connected then restarts the pc whitout removing the card or phone then it works when its rebooted but asoon as i remove the card phone and reinsert them the issue is still there quot please insert card quot I have even changed the motherboard cpu and memory and formated the computer times but still same issue So im thinking that windows is installing wrong driver or something Any new drivers to motherboard phone or cardreader dosent help It must be windows related Also all the cards and phones works on my rd computer also running windows But my old and this have the same issue The specs on current pc are Motherboard Asus P P Deluxe CPU Intel I Memory Corsair Vengance gb MHz spesific made with v for the sandybridge motherboards Also the issue was the same on my old computer also running windows that had a socket build Any been having the same issue Regards Daniel

A:No memory cards working (sd, micro sd etc)

Could you tell me the make and model of your card reader?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/174534-no-memory-cards-working-sd-micro-sd-etc.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I got something like this: http://tiny.cc/9abbu This shown up after i tried to turn on usb connection and listen to music no PSP (succeeded) Is memory stick corrupted? Both PC and PSP work fine with it except not working 2x click or right>1st option (unknown application). Surprisingly it is repaired by going into options and changing name of stick. I will check if it happens on different PCs later.

A:[SOLVED] Strange/not working open/explore commands for r-click on memory stick.

It turned out that it was trojan trying to attack other PCs by autostart. Too bad on second PC i had AV running. It has been taken care of fast and clean right now I'm scanning for remains / way it got in (1st malware i had in almost 2 years without AV! wow )

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-strange-not-working-open-explore-commands-for-r-click-on-memory-stick-348817.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hi I recently update my vaio vgn-cr205e from win vista to win 7 ultimate 32 bits everything look great but suddenly when I try to use the webcam i got a message that is not conected and also I try to use my memoy cards sd and pro duo and also dont work I look everywhere trying to find the drivers but no look can somebody help me whit this .....
ps. pardon my english i am latin jajajaja

A:vaio-vgn-cr205e webcam and memory cards are not working

jdtolland, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Sony doesn't have any Windows 7 drivers for either of those but they do have a Vista driver for both,

Sony eSupport - VGN-CR205E - Software Updates & Drivers

both of which should work in Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/156400-vaio-vgn-cr205e-webcam-memory-cards-not-working.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am just starting out installation from 7 stick stick working?! not Windows USB USB now learning Windows I am reading an ebook by Mclean and Thomas titled Configuring Windows In chapter regarding installing Windows using a USB source the procedure to prepare the USB device is as follows Connect the USB storage device to a computer running Windows or Windows Vista Ensure that the storage device has no data stored on it that you want to keep or that you have moved such data to another storage device because this procedure removes all existing data Open an elevated command prompt and type diskpart At the DISKPART gt prompt type list disk Identify which disk connected to the computer represents the USB storage device At the DISKPART gt prompt type select disk X where X is the number of the disk that you have identified as the USB storage device At the DISKPART gt prompt type clean When the disk is clean type create partition primary At the DISKPART gt prompt type format fs fat quick When the format is completed type active and then exit After you have completed these steps Windows 7 installation from USB stick now USB stick not working?! copy all the files located on the Windows installation DVD to the USB storage device Configure the BIOS computer on which you want to install Windows to boot from the USB storage device Attach the USB storage device and then reboot the computer to start installation QUESTION Why do you need to go through the above rigmarole when you can just go to My Computer right click the USB drive format followed by quick format Is there something I am missing By the way step above what is the command prompt order to copy the entire contents of a DVD to the USB storage device QUESTION I was playing around with some of the diskpart commands and it seems I have accidently inactivated by USB flash drive When I go to my computer it displays the USB flash drive under Devices and Removable storage as device H but when I try to open it it gives the error please insert a disk into H Removable Disk and when I go to properties it says Free space bytes and Used space bytes When I try to format it in Windows I get the error Windows was unable to complete the format How do I get my USB flash drive back working Many thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 installation from USB stick now USB stick not working?!

Try method two in this tutorial:
USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/209266-windows-7-installation-usb-stick-now-usb-stick-not-working.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am running Windows XP in a Compaq Presario, with CD reader and CD/DVD burner.
My question: How do I get a DVD(with photos and sound) onto a Flash Memory stick or an SD card??

A:Transfer DVD to Memory Stick or Memory card

Simplest method:

Insert the Disc with photos and sound (close any autorun)
Go to My Computer
Right Click on the CD/DVD drive (with your photos and sound in) and select open
Click on Edit (in Toolbar) then Select all
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select copy

Close the folder

Insert your Flash Memory stick and select Open folder to view the files
Click on Edit (in Toolbar again) and select paste

All done Copy and paste (some say I'm good at this !)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transfer-dvd-to-memory-stick-or-memory-card.665428/
Relevancy 55.9%

Completely new to this so apologies if barking up the wrong tree .... !

Rather than buying a 32 gb memory stick to upload some important jpg pictures into for safety's sake, I'm wondering if it's possible to upload and store them in a spare and unused 32gb memory card that I've got lying around instead ? Equally if it's then possible to download them safely later on ?

Thanks

A:Possible to save to a memory card rather than a memory stick ?

Short answer is Yes. An SD card is very similar to a flash drive as far as the technology goes and can be used like an SD card for storing files. I would format it Fat32. And you can download (Copy) the files from the card at any time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366044-possible-save-memory-card-rather-than-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Do flash cards and flash drives use the same technology? If so, would a utility designed for flash cards work on flash drives and vice-versa?

A:Flash Cards and Flash Drives

Yes, they use the same flash chips for storage. As for the utility.. It depends on what you want to do.

On application level a drive is a drive is a drive and there is no difference between working with a hard drive, a flash drive, a memory card, a zip drive, whatever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-cards-and-flash-drives.77842/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Everyone I have a gb flash stick which was working fine until recently it has become corrupted if I right click on the drive letter in quot my computer quot nothing happens its stuck then as soon as I remove it from the usb drive the pc is fine again Ime not woried about the data on the stick I just want to format it so I can use it again other things I have tried is I run quot cmd exe quot and type quot format e Stick Flash fs ntfs quot then Flash Stick after about minutes I get quot Error in IOCTL call quot anyone know what that Flash Stick means Also I have tried quot chkdsk e quot then after another minutes I get quot Cannot open volume for direct access quot I have also tried quot erase e quot and again after after aprox mins I got quot the semaphore timeout period has expired quot Ime just about ready to throw it away but Ive got a determination to try and fix it Can anyone help nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

can anyone help an old fool.
Have changed computers and before did so stored all files etc on flash stick.
New comp doesnt want to open flash stick. restore wizard cant do. what is the prob

A:flash stick

What are you using to open the flash stick? Explorer Maybe?
Is the flash stick recognized on a different computer when you plug it in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-stick.857011/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have seen some similar problems mentioned within this site and others I have tried some of the recommendations but to no avail Weird thing happening to my system Until recently I was using a usb flash stick just fine Centon Prostick Gb I now can not see it in my quot Computer quot panel BUT I do see it in not 8Gb seen... Flash stick help! device manager It has a drive letter assigned to it an all I just don't have access to it Ok the weird part is that's on my user account On my wife's user account on the same machine she see's 8Gb Flash stick not seen... help! it just fine and has full access usage of the flash stick I have all access permissions within Win -bit SP Ideas I have so far uninstalled re-installed deleted and a few more ideas I came across while googling this problem including downloading any new driver and changing the drive letter and such yes I have quot control quot over it from within device manager Nada I tried this with a different stick I had laying around and the same thing I am at work right now and the Gb stick works here just fine and on my kids laptops at home Re-formatted it several times already Fat NTFS or whatever No good The alternate Kb stick I have has the same exact issue I thought about a Windows re-install BUT my wife can see the sticks just fine under her account with the same OS same machine in other words I am not convinced it's the OS itself but a quot setting quot somewhere in the OS or registry maybe If I go into device management and do an open folder or explore to the device I can access it and even copy files to from it It's just well invisible under my account's computer panel It's not life or death but it is intriguing as all heck now Thanks for any advice or help with this

A:8Gb Flash stick not seen... help!

Ok... SOLVED. And here I blamed Windows 7. I must never forget my first rule when trouble shooting. Always assume you did something wrong and check everything.

Ok... so I was right. It was a setting. I recently bought and installed TuneUp Utilities. It has a feature to allow you to show or hide (not make them inaccessible though - just hidden) drives. I guess it's an added security layer against hackers or nosey spouses. Anyways, it seems like I deselected all the drive letters except for C:, D: and E:. I just re-selected all drive letters and now my flash drives shows up again.

If anyone gave this any thought... thanks anyways!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/176051-8gb-flash-stick-not-seen-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a GB FlashStick from cnmemory de The same Why not is to possible Stick? it USB a Flash partition as Why is it not possible to partition a USB Flash Stick? Lexar Jumpdrive It came without any setup software Because other vendors ship Software with their sticks to create a secure partition on a second partiton I would like to do the same using a commercial software In order to be able Why is it not possible to partition a USB Flash Stick? to use the software I need two partitons on the stick -- so far for the theory -- First of all I used the windows andministration console to delete the partition that was already on the stick from shipping time After that I wantet to create two partitions on the stick but the administration console only offered making one single partition over the whole size of the usb drive To be able to use the stick again I did that Now the funktion to delete this partition was greyed out by windows Frustrated and in need to handle the problem I bought Partition Manager from Tools Paragon Software This manager was the only one I found able to handle USB Flash Drives Partition Magic can t Using this Partition manager I m able to create whatever I want on the stick The problem now is that after assigning a drive letter to one partition I m not able to do the same with the second Windows tells me that it needs a restart in order to finish the changes but when it is restarted the second partition still has o drive letter - How am I going to take care of this Maybe there is someone who managed to have two partitions on one stick without using the software of the sticks vendor to accomplish this Or someone knows such a setup tool that works with any stick Neither cnmemory now lexar provides this for my stick only drivers Many thanks Ciao Moongate nbsp

A:Why is it not possible to partition a USB Flash Stick?

Try this utility from HP, works on most USB-keys. Even makes a bootable key!
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/hpcpqdt/us/download/20306.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-it-not-possible-to-partition-a-usb-flash-stick.18736/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi can any one please advise I have a 1gb flash stick that I ues to transfer avi movies to watch them on my tv through a dvd player with a usb drive I have had it for a wile It stoped working to day but it will work on my computer.I know it is not the dvd player as i still workes with another 4 gb stick. What I would like to know is can these flash sticks be formated thanks

A:Solved: USB flash stick

This might depend on your DVD player. My flash drive at least seems to be on FAT32, so make sure yours is formatted that way too. Also check what information in the manual can tell you about the USB devices that plug into it. Do that if the following paragraph about formatting doesn't work.

You can easily reformat these devices, just like any flash storage. Just copy everything off of it, and then from My Computer, right click on the device and select Format from the context menu. Quick format probably isn't suggested, because you want to fully format it, so just uncheck it. Keep Allocation Unit Size the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-flash-stick.715461/
Relevancy 54.18%

helping hand plz..
my usb flash stick gone south showing 0 byte used space with 0 byte used space. and also cudnt format.
any suggestion plz..

A:usb flash stick prblm

Hello and first up my friend some system specs would be handy please
System Info - See Your System Specs

Now it is possible the stick has gone south and become useless. So when did you last use it and what for?
Try using Partition Wizard to see if you do anything with it with that
Free Partition Manager for Window PC | MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition
see my pic

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346090-usb-flash-stick-prblm.html
Relevancy 54.18%

whenever i am trying to access flash stick it injects it self.... avg pops up with VIRUS warning ( autorun,inf - worm) as soon as i plug it in. 

the problem is i cant remove it... every time i try to scan and remove virus flash sticks injects it self and interrupts scan.  I even tried removing it trough > cmd >  attribute commands and that wont worth ether... as soon as i am interacting with it in any way it injects it self

Any idea what it could be ? and how to fix it ?

thanks in advice  

A:Virus on my flash stick, please help

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/522272 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522272/virus-on-my-flash-stick-please-help/
Relevancy 54.18%

hey guys..... I am sure one of you will have an answer to my question.

I recently bought a USB Flash stcik. Had absolutely no problem with it on my MAC, but I took it to work the other day and my PC at work just won't read it. I am running Windows XP Media on my computer at work, and what happens when I plug it into the USB port is that computer "finds the new hardware" and gives me a message that it is "ready to use". However, when I go to my explorer, I am not able to find it....
What do I do????

Thanks!

Relevancy 54.18%

need some help...was using swissbit memory stick to day on one computer. when I tried ot open it on another one got message..."disk in drive E not formatted"...but I had just used it.and it was working perfectly. It does not need formatting. any suggestion how I can rescue all the data on it please...

A:flash stick problem

Did you unplug the thing without "safely removing hardware"? You should always "safely remove" stuff.

If you can't read the stick on any computer, then you can use any file or data recovery program you like. PC Inspector File Recovery is free for example.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flash-stick-problem.72924/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I got an Acer easy MP3 flash stick with my laptop put songs on it worked but one time it just turned its self off at the start of the song?? and if you put the volume down it stays on for a bit longer its just a small one but it was working good. Iv tried to put the songs back on but still the same?
allyant

A:Acer easy MP3 flash stick

Have you tried a new battery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-easy-mp3-flash-stick.416782/
Relevancy 53.32%

I've been carrying the same one, a Kingston Data Traveler in a tiny ziploc in my pocket for years.

Write the Win7 ISO to stick using UltraISO trial version: on File tab open ISO, on Bootable tab Write Image, then Format, Write.

The installer files will be in the root but you can keep them in a folder when not installing so they don't accidentally get deleted.

To that I add XP, Vista, various Office installers, Works, Adobe, Flash, Java, CCleaner, Auslogics Defraggers, PowerISO, Acronis boot disk, PW, memtest86, GWScan, etc.

Instant tool kit for the pocket.

A:Flash stick installer + tool kit

+1. Good advice on the Adobe, Flash, Java etc. I always forget that those aren't neccessarily installed when I think my new installation is done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/133647-flash-stick-installer-tool-kit.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I'm using XP Home and am having problems with a 256 stick drive. It's showing full with less than half of that data on it. My only experience is with camera cards where I know the FAT can become full even though the files have been deleted. There I can just re-format of course. Any advice would be really appreciated, thank you.
Jim

A:Stick/flash drive problem

Hi,

How many files are you trying to store.

Are these all in the root folder.

If so create additional sub folders and store the files in these.

There is a limit to the number of files you can store in the root folder of removable media. With 100mb Zip disks this was 512 files. It still applies to USB flash drives.

hth

Ceri

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stick-flash-drive-problem.435472/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi - I was trying to boot XP installer from my stick and wrote the XP bootsect onto it. Even after formatting stick, it remains to block successful booting of Win7 now.

Should I diskpart to clean all the stick? Or is there a command to reverse XP bootsect?

Thanks.

A:Remove XP bootsect from flash stick

Can you overwrite XP's boot sector with 7's?

Code:
bootsect /nt60 [drive letter]

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/67924-remove-xp-bootsect-flash-stick.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have read a lot of threads in a lot of places of how to put Windows on a flash drive to install to a hard drive But I want to install TO a flash drive and run right from the usb stick Is this even possible I already have ultimate on a dual boot with XP so the stick would be just for my backup computer which has only XP My laptop has Vista only but it will not boot from a usb stick so is it possible to run on a stick even though it won't boot Also can I run a virtual on a stick Or a virtual XP in a virtual program on a stick Just basically because it is there and I would like to learn how I tried doing virtual XP from) usb Windows 7 (not flash Install stick TO on but just can't get it going I know it's me just have to get the hang of it Tried a couple of virtual Install Windows 7 TO (not from) usb flash stick programs I need Virtual for Dimmies

A:Install Windows 7 TO (not from) usb flash stick

Hello Soahs,

Sorry, but Windows 7 cannot be installed onto a removable drive like a USB flash drive. It must be a internal HDD instead.

If you have enough room on the USB flash drive, you might be able to create the VHD (virtual machine) on the USB flash drive.

Windows Virtual PC - Create Virtual Machine

Hope this helps,

Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74403-install-windows-7-not-usb-flash-stick.html
Relevancy 53.32%

It s funny how some things work one day and not the next I m running Computer usb flash stick recognize won't windows Pro on a P mhz machine Ya I know it s old I m working on buying a new PC now here s my question I ve been using a GB flash stick for roughly months on my computer which has USB and I ve been Computer won't recognize usb flash stick able to store music movies and programs on it with no problems I decided to bring my flash stick to work where I have a new PC uploaded my data to it and then brought my stick home I booted up my PC as usual and proceeded to insert the flash stick in the USB drive Lo and behold my computer refuses to recognize the removable media drive which is E I ve tried uninstalling my PCI to USB host controller the USB Root Hub as well no go I rebooted and I guess windows reinstalled it because it was still there after the boot up in Device Manager My USB drive still doesn t appear in quot my computer quot screen It only shows my A C D and control panel No E drive It was working fine last night What the hell went wrong I ve been doing some research online and read somewhere that the amount of hard drive space you have may have something to do with it Is this true I only have about MB of space left my HD is only GB Do I need to free up space It was working fine before with that much left Can anyone offer any suggestions on what I can do I know my flash stick works because I used it at work yesterday and the light comes on when I insert it on my home computer After using it at work I put it back in my jeans pocket and it never came into contact with anything static So can anyone help me out here Oh resouces say I have no conflicts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-recognize-usb-flash-stick.639857/
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyone have a extra usb flash stick?

I thought i might ask because i really need one and i really dont have any money at all other wise i would go and pay $5.00 for a small one. ( Dident even have $5.00 to put gas in this morning for the car)

So if anyone has on and can send me one, i would appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hey-dose-anyone-have-a-extra-usb-flash-stick.551799/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Im having a problem with all Kingston Drives Stick/Flash my Kingston Stick Flash drives I am adding Photos to a GB flash drive and after only puttting in photos adding up to only mb the stick drive stops accepting more photos The same thing happaned when I tried to putthe same amount of Photos on the GB stick drive It to stoped atthe same photos atonly mb of space taken Does anyone know why this is happaning Kingston Stick/Flash Drives and how I can use all the space on these stick flash drives It clearly says theres all that space left but it wont let me add anymore The errors are as follows Cannot create replace Pic The directory or file cannot be created Or it says access is denied butthere are no lock options Kingston Stick/Flash Drives on these flas drives GB and GB stop excepting the photos at the same time It also does the same thing with music files Any ides or experience in Kingston Stick/Flash Drives this I have tried a number of different stick drives and they all do this nbsp

A:Kingston Stick/Flash Drives

Closing duplicate thread, please do not post the same problem in different forums.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kingston-stick-flash-drives.787419/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi

I have some Bootable DVDs that I want to transfer to Bootable Flash Sticks

Any recommendations of a free download utility to do this

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-to-bootable-flash-stick-recommendations.1169176/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I m having a problem with all my Kingston Stick Flash drives I am adding Photos to a GB flash drive and after only puttting in photos adding up to only mb the stick drive stops accepting more photos The same thing happaned when I tried to put the same amount of Photos on the GB stick drive It to stopped at the same photos at only mb of space taken Does anyone know why this is happaning and how I can use all the space on these stick flash drives It clearly says theres all that space left but it wont let me add anymore The errors are as follows Cannot create replace drive Kingston Stick/Flash Solved: Pic The directory or file cannot be created Or it says access is denied but there are no lock options on these flash drives GB and GB stop excepting the photos at the same time It also does the same thing with music files Any ides or experience in this I have tried a number of different stick drives and they all do this nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

When I insert any flash drive stick into a Windows Home bit computer there is a small sound not the double sound of correct recognition The drive is not assigned a drive letter and is NOT seen in Disk Management The device DOES show up in drivers under 'disk drives' but says quot This device cannot start Code quot under the General tab and the entry has the little yellow 'error' icon Says driver is correct I have spent hours researching and it won't surprise me if it is because of Acronis True Image flash No anymore [SOLVED] stick recognized Western Digital free edition - an older version AND the current version which I have removed I have also ran the Acronis cleanup tool I have made some edits in [SOLVED] No flash stick recognized anymore the registry relating to 'filters' installed by Acronis I have also tried the quot drivecleanup exe' program to free old unused USB devices I started by reloading all motherboard drivers including [SOLVED] No flash stick recognized anymore USB and Asmedia and quot sfc scannow quot is clean Also used CCleaner registry cleaner which found some Acronis item s after I uninstalled Can anybody help please thanks bob

A:[SOLVED] No flash stick recognized anymore

First never use any registry cleaners they do more harm than good.... If you have used it in the past before the problem with your flash drive not being detected the registry cleaner could be the culprit.

First step go to Start type in devmgmt.msc then hit "enter" post a screenshot of the USB Universal Serial Bus Controllers expanded.

Then a screenshot of the same thing with your flash drive pluged in.

Also try your usb flash drive on on another pc to rule out a faulty USB flash drive.

Edit: Code 10 means possibly corrupted drivers. Maybe corrupted drivers for the device.

Fix: "This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows have a look see under Device Configuration issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-no-flash-stick-recognized-anymore-880425.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Members, i hope you can advise me on this please, i'm based in London (UK)

Whats the best USB flash stick, i'd like around a 16 Gig in size around, something very fast USB 2.0 not 3.0, that can read and write having high transfer rates, but can also take a high quantity of reading and writing so that it will last a long time before it fails.

I'd like to use it to hold a portable linux os (crunchbang 10), i haven't decided on a price bracket that i would be will to pay.

Do teckkie members know any suitable makes?, i found one called Cactus 16gig-usb but i think the read/write speed is on the slow side, but i think it's a 'Single Level Cell (SLC)' flash which is can take 100,000 read/write's.

Any help or advise would be great thanks
regards
Livio

A:Whats the best USB flash stick for a operating system?

I don't know about which is best, but I do know it's folly to buy a cheap one with a brand name that isn't exactly well-known.
I can only recommend based on personal experience, therefore I recommend Sandisk thumb drives, a brand I've never had any problems with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-the-best-usb-flash-stick-for-a-operating-system.1007378/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have just acquired a USB Flash stick and I'm wondering how long the life span of USB sticks is. Considering that so much data can be stored on them, the unexpected "death" of a USB stick might result in a massive loss of data (especially if there is no back up).
So does anyone have an idea about the life span of a USB Flash stick? And on what does the life span depend?

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't find a catagory exactly for this, so I hope I'm close.

A while back (18 Months) I purchased this Instant Internet TV/Radio USB plug-in devise...probably a lot like "Rabbit TV" but it didn't provide any TV or Radio.

Now it runs all the the time and jams up many programs. When I'm forced to use: 'Control-Alt-Delete' it shows up in the window as running. I've searched the computer via the search feature, as well as the control panel, but can't find it...and you can hear the computer ramp up when I'm sure it needs storage. I think it may be named x-play.exe which I pick up from the online PDF manual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Relevancy 52.89%

Not sure this can be fixed Strange flash 3.0 with USB and stick problem port one USB one as a quot windows quot matter but here goes i have a lexar gb Strange problem with one USB 3.0 port and one USB flash stick USB flash drive i have used it for many things and formatted it different ways and on different laptops most recently i used it as the 'install windows ' media yesterday i put it into one of my laptops' ports nothing showing not in diskmanagement not in diskpart and not even in AOMEI partition assistant the drive was not detected at all now it gets stranger first i plugged the stick into all the other USB ports and all the other ones worked so then i thought the port has a problem i plugged different devices into that port and they worked in other words the problem is that this ONE usb flash stick suddenly does not work in this ONE usb port i already tried the normal stuff like formatting cleaning this is just too strange for me i also found a MS page that says 'disable the USB suspended power settings' did not work i am surprised this page even exists it shows there really can be a windows or bios problem that stops a USB drive https support microsoft com en-us kb

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53651-strange-problem-one-usb-3-0-port-one-usb-flash-stick.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am on Xp home

I have a memory stick, which I have had about 6 months.

I used it the morning to print from, when I come to use it, tonight I cannot get in it.
It says the memory stick needs formatting
I have tried PC Inspector File recovery but all I can get out of it is "Boot Error"
Does anyone know software that will get me into this memory stick?

Old-un

A:Memory Stick

here are a couple for sitesroadkill's unstoppable copiersor try this oneroadkills raw copysee of either one of them helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/134370/memory-stick/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a USB flash drive
It worked fine as was seen when plugged in my old pc
But now on my new one it says its installed and lights up when I plug it into USB But does not appear in My Computer window to click on it to open it Any ideas please?
My card reader is the same.

A:USB Memory stick not seen

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-not-seen.484193/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all at TSG! Can you help? I'm purchasing a sony digital camera which uses a "Memory Stick" for storage. Does anyone know if a compact flash card or a SD memory card would be compatible, or will I only be able to use a memory stick? Thanx

Relevancy 52.46%

How do i download photo's to memory stick. do i need a programme of some kind.? or is there something in xp that will do it for me .didnt think the cheap cd writer that came with it would do it .

A:memory stick

Barjay, welcome to TSF.

Insert your memory stick into an empty USB port.

Find the pictures you wish to transfer. Select the file you want and right click on it > Choose Send To > Removeable Drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-stick-466217.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have downloaded a few movies and put them all on my memory stick then deleted them off my computer. Now if i try and pay them in windows media player it says it cannot play it because of a missing codec that was used to suppress the file??

Can anyone help ive already tries using other media players but they don't work either!!

2 of the movies work but the other 5 dont . Dont understand why they are all normal mpeg files??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.684419/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all.I got a 128mbPC133 memory stick for x-mas.But the problem is, I have a PC2100 model.I was wondering if it will still work.I put it in but nothing is changed except that AIDA recognizes it as an extra memory.Can i manke it work or should i try and see if the manufacturer will exchange it??..Thank you

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,hopefully u can answer my question.I have 2 memory sticks installed in my pc,one 512mb Ram stick and one 256mb Ram, but on a recent visit to pc pitstop it said that i only had 512mb running.
Where can see how much is actually running?Is it possible that the 256 stick is broke?How can i find this out?

Regards
Chris
physical memory
Total 515568
in use 220624 so could anyone tell me from these figures how much Ram i have?

Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have plugged my memory stick into my pc and I cannot read from it. There is no data available on it. I plugged it into another pc and still nothing. Help. How do I retrieve the data?

R

Relevancy 52.46%

HI.
I'm trying to download Winzip Program to a memory stick,so that i can install on another computer that needs Winzip,but is not connected to I/Net.
Everytime i try an install,there seems to be missing files.
Any ideas ??
Many Thanks
brum1

No ideas. I've often transferred WinZip via USB drive-never had any problem. Are you sure you're saving the downloaded file to the USB drive-if you try copying your installed version of WinZip you probably won't get it all. Other than that the only idea I have is that you have a problem with your download-have you tried re-downloading it? Maybe from a different PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.666225/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello

I was wondering if someone can help me, i am having huge problems with memory sticks, im on my second one because stuff that i save into the stick disappears or when i open i file like a word document its opens with no text, just rows and rows of tiny boxes i would be so grateful if someone could help me. Im not a computer wizz, only know what i know which unfortunaly isnt why my memory stick is playing up. Perhaps someone know a great helpful website

Thank you Danni

A:8GB memory stick

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic45834.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8gb-memory-stick.87577/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey all

I have do a project for school on the sony memory stick duo new release of the

4GB and 8GB cards and i cant find anything on the price

can someone plz help?

A:Memory stick duo

i'm not sure the 8's are available yet but, here are some prices on the 4's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-duo.508088/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey

Long story short: My new computer that had Vista on it originally crashed two weeks ago. I downgraded to XP. Now the internet doesn't work. My Network Drivers are missing.

So I hooked up my old computer (Windows ME) I upgraded it to XP. I got onto the HP website and the tech sent me 3 drivers: chipset, sound, and modem.

The CD burner on the old computer won't work. So I couldn't burn the drivers onto a cd and transfer.

I bought a USB Memory Stick. The computer recognized it, installed it. But it's not under 'My Computer'.

I went into Admin Tools and tried adding a new drive. It wouldn't work/I may not have done it right.

HELP.

A:USB Memory Stick

Try reinstalling the USB drivers or your motherboard chipset drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-memory-stick-245563.html
Relevancy 52.46%

are all memory sticks compatible with all pcs?Or do i have to know stuff before i purchase one?This is my pc...what kind of card should i get?,if they are not all universal.here

Relevancy 52.46%

Just a casual question. I have three memory sticks, equal in capacity, which are used for transmitting files across to other computer and daily backups. The computer has a hard disk with no partitions and the usual CD/DVD-ROM drive.

Why, when I insert two of the memory sticks are they each recognised as the E drive, whilst the third memory stick is always recognised as the F drive. The memory sticks are used one at a time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.66GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 235131 MB, Free - 188679 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0WG864, , ..CN481116AB03B3.
Antivirus: Sunbelt VIPRE, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Memory on a Stick

Is each stick always recognized as the same drive, like the "f" is always "f" even if it is the only stick plugged in?

Might want to look at this:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/archive/index.php/t-68814.html

You can name your sticks for ease of use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-on-a-stick.1008616/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Packard Bell laptop, running XP. At the moment i am not able to accssess the internet. I have downloaded a program, MP3 Tools onto my memory stick from another computer, but for some reason when i try to put it onto my laptop i keep getting an error message. Can anyone help please. thank you.

A:Memory stick

What's contained in the error message may help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503490/memory-stick/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there, i have two 256mb memory on my pc which has two more empty slots and capacity for 4gb. I bought a 2gb memory stick compatible with my system, my question is, do i have to take the 256mb memory sticks out, or just add the 2gb one, cause I'll have then 2 1/2gb of memory, is that all right??
Thanks
Patrick

Don't mix memory types. Remove the old memory sticks and use only the new memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick.122753/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having problems clearing my memory stick of unwanted data.

Does anyone know a way to delete all info. in one hit ? Thanks in advance

A:memory stick

If it shows up under 'My Computer' when you insert it into your card reader, you should be able to right-click on it, and select 'Format' to completely wipe the card clean.

If 'Format' it doesn't appear in the right-click menu, click on 'Properties' and see if it's in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.525939/
Relevancy 52.46%

I wish to know how to use a memory stick to save files/back up files/transfer files.

Relevancy 52.46%

am experiening problems copying files from an Acer laptop with 08 vista to memory stick both media and word docs. Older docs transferred from work pc go to and from the Acer via memory stick without problem Others created or copied direct to (eg music) cannot be tranferred to memory stick, with message reading : error 0x800700052.

I would gretaly appreciate any advice.

thanks
david

A:dse memory stick 1gb

You may be trying to put too many files into the root directory of the memory stick, try creating a folder on the memory stick and then copying the files to that folder instead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dse-memory-stick-1gb.751574/
Relevancy 52.46%

Is there any notable difference in performance between a 1600MHz rated memory stick compared to a 1333MHz rated stick?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-mhz.1084209/
Relevancy 52.46%

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

A:memory stick help

i own a pc with windows xp

my memory stick is stuck in a laptop's card reader
i cannot take it out
please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-help.814387/
Relevancy 52.46%

I?m using one of those memory sticks, I download a few episodes of something to it and then plug it into my DVD player. It plays fine but the episodes are not in order. No matter how I rename them they?re always out of order. Does anyone have a solution for this?

A:Using a memory stick - help please

What file format do you use please?
Do your file names start with numbers or words?
What make is your DVD player?
If you give me those details I will look into it for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/286838-using-memory-stick-help-please.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Please help, I accidentally formatted my wife’s memory stick, it contained about 4GB of work she had not backed up. Is there any way I can retrieve any of her work.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 52.46%

I plug in my memory stick into my computer but it does'nt work, do I need to download some type of software to my computer? please help.

Memory modules, if the correct size, and type, should work out of the box.
Be sure you have the right stuff by going to www.crucial.com and entering your computer brand and model, or the motherboard brand and model... for a list of what should work.
Then if you install it correctly so that it is firmly seated, the motherboard BIOS and Windows should detect it and accept it automatically.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick.104725/
Relevancy 52.46%

This probably sounds daft, but when you buy a PSP did a memory stick come with it, or did you have to buy one separately?

A:PSP memory stick

My PSP "fat" came with a 32MB memory stick.

I believe there are packages that come with up to 1 GB memory stick.
I bought my own 2GB memory stick and I use that exclusively.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/psp-memory-stick.693832/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all I ve been running Memtest version on my memory sticks lately I mainly started because I read a lot about it in the forums and wanted to try it out I m kind of new to the whole PC scene so I don t know exactly why or when to run memory tests or what all the numbers are supposed to tell me I ll start by Stick? Bad Memory listing my system specs Processor Intel P C GHz w MHz FSB Motherboard MSI G Neo -PLS Memory Kingston ValueRam GB x MB PC Hard Disk Western Digital GB RPM IDE I realize that my current memory is not optimum for my system but at the time I built my system it was what I had I plan on upgrading to PC in the future My motherboard has RAM slots each for Channel quot A quot and Channel quot B quot I ve run each stick in each slot individually for a minimum of hours per run The first stick has consistantly run without any errors the second stick has consistantly run with many errors My questions are these Bad Memory Stick? Have I run the tests properly Can I assume that ultimately there should be no errors My memory has a quot Lifetime Warranty quot how would I go about having Kingston replace the bad stick If I ve left out any pertinent information I apologize and please feel free to request it Any responses are greatly appreciated Thank you ahnadahodo nbsp

A:Bad Memory Stick?

There is really no way to run MemTest wrong and yes, there should be no errors whatsoever.

You can either take the memory back to where you bought it or RMA it directly to Kingston. You can find the RMA form on www.kingston.com under support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-memory-stick.20337/
Relevancy 52.46%

It says that this memory stick is perfect for the PSP, but right now for me it isnt being perfect. It will not let me transfer any data onto it?? Im using the latest version of sonicstage, and none of the support sites for the card are helpful at all. Can anyone help me out please??

thnx, david

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I am running Windows XP SP3 and I have high speed satilite service provider. I live in a remote area and the only other provider is dialup. My nieghbor who also lives here has Windows Vista and she only has dialup. I am wondering if I can download Windows Defender onto my USB memory stick and then go install it onto her computer. It is a 12 hour download for her since she is only getting 17Kbps speed and also can't seem to download it. Hope someone can help since it is two different platforms and I don't know if it is the right thing to do. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:USB memory stick

Not sure about Windows defender , but most downloads give you a choice to save or run. Many times, I have saved to a cd and burned it for friends who have a slow connection.
I think your idea should work.
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick.729257/
Relevancy 52.46%

Will this tactic work?
If I transfer all my harddrive to a memory stick (the size is 4 Gigabytes) can I then plug it into a PC with Norton installed and scan it that way?
I ask because I cannot scan my pc at the moment because a virus(or a trojan or I know not what) is effectively blocking my internet access .
Again would Norton Antivirus be up to the task as someone (my ISP) said they thought it might be a trojan to be redirecting my outgoing traffic in the way that it is.

A:using a memory stick

hi geordief

it might take a while depending on the size of your hard drive but this should work also try spybot search and destroy in google that should also be able to help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/379509/using-a-memory-stick/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have used my memory stick before to look at my pictures and copy to DVD. Now, all of sudden, it is telling me when I put the stick in, and try to open to insert the memory stick, the memory stick is blinking, like it is being read. I checked the profile, the auto play said music, I tried to change to photo would not change,the auto play thing keeps appearing like it is playing something. I am so frustrated. Get this where I bought this computer, their tech support is off until 1/5. Can you imagine what their phones will be like then, with all of Xmas stuff they probably sold. Does anyone have any ideas. I have tried to change the "J" drive to photo, mixed etc, it just goes back to music. I don't know if that is the problem. But I am not all that computer illiterate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.190277/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have purchased a 4GB Memory Stick.
Every time I try to save a file I get the message "Please insert a disc in Drive I" and can go no further with the save.
I am using Windows XP

Doesn't sound like it's getting installed correctly - XP isn't liking the media. Do other flash drives work ok. Can you try it in another machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.543955/
Relevancy 52.46%

I was using an Windows XP computer that didn't have a floppy drive so I used a USB memory stick to save things onto. XP has that auto read and it knew were it was so it was no problem to access the files on it. Now that computer and I'm stuck using a Windows 98 that doesn't have the auto find. How do I get the computer to read the USB so I can access the files?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I have a 4gb memory stick that I have used many times to install Linux etc on old laptops etc. Now that I want to use that stick to copy off some files from Win 7, I notice that Win 7 suggests its capacity is only 1gb.

I think I have seen this kind of thing happen before but cant remember how I resolved it.

Anyone got ideas on how to kick-start W7 into recognising its full capacity ?

Cheers

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys,

I have a question,

is there any way to recover a corrupted drive.

A while back i was formating my 2gb memory stick when the power went out.
The format did not complete and now the drive wont work at all.

is there any way to get it working again?

Thanks in advance.

A:USB memory stick help

Ok, did some googling.
Found this utility Low-Level Format Tool-HDDguru

It is currently working its magic.

More after the break.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/20074-usb-memory-stick-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

What is the difference between a USB flash drive and a USB pen drive? There is a difference in price but that is all i can work out at the moment. Please can you help.

Hi helenb102,

Welcome to TSG!

According to Ask.com when I searched for usb flash drive, a USB flash drive and USB pen drive are one and the same:
Known By Many Names

Also known as a "flash drive," "pen drive," "keychain drive," "key drive," "USB key," "USB stick" and "memory key," ...

I already knew that, but wondered if indeed there actually was some difference - so, none!

They are sold with or without bootable software (Windows) depending on mfg. I have bought 512kb, 2GB and 4GB USB flash drives. SanDisk cruzer (512KB, 2GB, 4GB) comes with Windows compatible FAT16 (I think) bootable software. On a PNY Technologies (2GB) USB flash drive which does not come with any bootable software, I partitioned and laid in a compatible file system for Linux Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon which has the property (now) of persistent storage, so that any changes I install to it are not lost after I boot it up and install the changes - i.e. between reboots from it onto my desktop from it.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick.703587/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a USB1.1 memory stick that is a few years old. It has worked faithfully up until now. Yesterday when I insert it into a USB port, the computer (XP) does not detect it. There is no error message, there is no yellow question mark in the Device Manager. It does not appear on in My Computer, it doesn't work on another computer (Vista) and I have another USB Memory stick that does work with the computer so I am guessing that there is problem with the older stick.

Is there anything I can do to access the data on the stick and back it up before I replace it?

thanks

joncb01

Relevancy 52.46%

I does flash USB not stick Click-Mini Satellite boot from L9W-B have a mini Click L W-B What I try to boot from any bootable USB stick I have tried different sizes GB to GB different manufacturers no-name and brand different systems eg Linux distributions antivirus Rescue sticks Acronis Rescue EFI Satellite Click-Mini L9W-B does not boot from USB flash stick and non-EFI sticks All USB sticks to boot properly on my desktop computer and even with my other notebook The Mini has Windows up-to-date the current BIOS version in the BIOS are Secure Boot and TPM lt Disabled gt which I've also tried a variety of combinations The stick will be recognized in the boot menu the USB device name appears I click on quot USB quot the Mini restarts the drive is addressed the LED flashes at the stick is started but not USB but again of HDD SSD If Windows starts the key is functioning properly It does not matter which of the two USB ports I use or if the docking station is plugged in or not If I restart Windows - Settings - PC Settings -Update Restore - Restore - Enhanced Start - use a Satellite Click-Mini L9W-B does not boot from USB flash stick device - try EFI USB Device happened exactly the same who can help I hope there are German support - I hope there is German-speaking support If not please contact me Message has been translated

A:Satellite Click-Mini L9W-B does not boot from USB flash stick

I don’t know what’s wrong here but fact is that it’s definitely possible to boot from the bootable USB flash memory stick.

Many users were abele to boot from the external USB flash memory stick but it’s essential to disable the secure boot option in BIOS.
Furthermore if you want to install an non-UEFI supported system, the boot mode must be changed from UEFI to CSM.

by the way: this is english language community

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83722-Satellite-Click-Mini-L9W-B-does-not-boot-from-USB-flash-stick
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello

Currently I installed Windows 10 Pro build 10586.0 from my USB flash drive created from the Media Creation Tool (MCT).
My question is, I noticed that Microsoft has recently updated the MCT to the latest build.

Before I decide to put this latest build onto my USB flash drive using the MCT, do I need to reformat my USB or will the MCT do the whole process for me by overwriting all the current Win 10 boot and setup files that were on my USB?

So right now, I have all the Windows 10 bootable files created from the MCT, but the build that I have on there now is 10586.0.

So if I decide to create another Win 10 bootable USB using the MCT (Build 10586.36 or higher), will the MCT do all the reformatting automatically or do I need to manually reformat my USB myself before running the MCT?

A:Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) on a USB Flash stick?

Why all that hard work ?
Windows Update will give you the cumulative updates which will update your version to 10586.63.
That's how we got ours updated.
I believe the KB # is KB3124263.

Please read this........Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3124263 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37659-windows-10-media-creation-tool-mct-usb-flash-stick.html