Windows Support Forum

Video Card broken?

Q: Video Card broken?

When I came back from University for summer I noticed that the basement computer was on I asked my sister why it was on and she said she forgot to turn it off it turns out the PC was on for days as she forgot to turn it off When I turn on my computer it gets past the Windows XP boot screen and takes me to the menu where I can choose between safe mode safe Card broken? Video mode with networking last configuration etc When I try to boot the PC normally the screen goes blank black screen and the PC restarts When I start it in safemode it works perfectly and I can work everything normally for a limited time This morning I reformatted the PC and I installed the ASUS soundmax and other drivers When I tried installing the latest drivers for ATI it said I needed net framework So I opened Firefox and it froze I restarted the PC and it keeps freezing after loading into safe mode Right now its frozen at the welcome page where i selected administrator Video Card broken? My video card is an ATI Radeon All in Wonder Pro I think this could mean a video card problem is there any other possibilty The card has a fan on it so I find it difficult to believe that it over heated but then again days is alot Im going Video Card broken? to turn it off and try again in a bit Maybe it needs to cool down or something All help is appreciated EDIT I opened up my PC and found that the fan on the card had broken off EDIT I replaced it with my older video card and reformatted But for some reason while installing XP the pc freezes It cant be the video card that s causing this to happen Could it be the memory nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Video Card broken?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Video Card broken?

Alright. I just installed Ubuntu Linux and it is working perfectly. Its a bit slower than XP which is bothering me. Theres a bit of lag when theres multiple apps open.

I will get rid of linux and try XP again. I just tried linux to see if theres major damage to any components but it doesnt seem that way.

EDIT: I unplugged my 2nd HDD, 2nd CD drive, Floppy drive and took out my 2nd RAM stick. Im formatting now and will post when it gets to the installing stage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-broken.826247/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an Emachines T computer that I bought before coming to finland They are very bad with power supplies going out as I have just read from the internet My dad had almost the same model as I have and it crashed after only two years He card? Broken PCI i boot connector with up video video on motherboard/can had a replacement motherboard put in his PC but he is a very old man and he did not realize that Broken video connector on motherboard/can i boot up with PCI video card? the guy had screwed in the monitor cable to the computer and one day he was trying to remove it and broke the video pin connector Last time I was there I carefully removed the video pin connector so that I could use the motherboard and or components if I needed them on mine He bought another PC So now my motherboard and or power supply has crashed as well and I have his motherboard here with me I want to try and connect the new motherboard to to my PC but since there is not a video pin connector I am thinking of buying a cheap video card to put in the PCI slot My question is how can I get the PC to work that way Is it so that the PC should boot up even though the video card driver is not installed yet and I will see something on the monitor or is it so that I will most probably not be able to use the motherboard if it only has a PCI video card installed I have not done that before and I am thinking that the new video card won t be active immediately since it will be new and no driver installed Of course without the card working and without a monitor to see anything I will not be able to go through the bios setup to change settings if needed in order to get the PC to boot up It will not be easy to put in another video connector directly into the motherboard because I would have to solder it in and first remove all the other solder that is there from where I removed the broken one Yee Haw If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it Thanks for your help Pauli nbsp

A:Broken video connector on motherboard/can i boot up with PCI video card?

The problem is, if the psu went then the mobo may well be damaged from that happening. Sounds like the best place for it is the landfill site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-video-connector-on-motherboard-can-i-boot-up-with-pci-video-card.88151/
Relevancy 64.5%

my nvidia geforce4 mx4000's fan just broke i think its because the fan overheated..would it still run properly without the fan cause im afraid that the card might burn itself

A:video card broken fan?

Not a good idea. When you say it overheated and you think that's why it's not working, your saying in fact you have an issue with overheating in the system. You need to check to see what temps your system is running at so you don't damage more than just the fan. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-broken-fan.686404/
Relevancy 64.5%

I bought an amd radeon gb to replace my or very close to that cant remember exactly gb card after installing the card everything was fine for about weeks card my video is new broken? and now when i restart the computer the monitor is my new video card broken? stays in sleep mode unless i do a full power cycle of my computer I put back in my old video card and see no monitor problems im not sure if its a bad video card or i did something else wrong all i did was physically replace it and install the new drivers I also replaced a broken hard drive a few days ago but i dont remember if i had to restart it at all before i replaced it or if this problem came with the new hard drive install So i did reinstall windows since i replaced the HDD is my new video card broken? but i dont know if that could cause a problem my system specs are- my psu is W gb ram Gigabyte T-usb is my new video card broken? motherboard phenom II X processor TB hitachi HDD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-new-video-card-broken.1155801/
Relevancy 64.5%

can it cause restarts of pc when you have broken fan of your video card??? can it be replaced??? or i nid to buy a new video card??? because when im playing an online game i cant enter the game...when logging is only then the pc restarts??? or is this the memory??

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi All Ok Im having a problem that I need some help with While playing BF my computer froze and so I restarted it Upon restart the boot screen had several vertical dashed lines running through it and the rest of the boot up process screens are garbled and unreadable When windows booted up the computer would crash with a quot video broken? card Help Please my Is page fault in non paged area quot error I managed to start it up in safe mode and uninstalled my video card drivers Now the boot screen is still unreadable artifacts but when windows starts the screen clears up and runs normally without video card drivers I tried to install the drivers again but the computer bsod with quot page fault in non paged area quot in the middle of the installation process Drivers are nvidia So Im basically wondering what is the cause of this I dont want to buy a new video card and then find out that the problem is Is my video card broken? Help Please the motherboard or the psu My system is Gforce ultra agp gig Is my video card broken? Help Please corsair pc Asus A V deluxe Is my video card broken? Help Please Athlon fx Aspire atx watt psu windows xp media center Any help at all is greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Is my video card broken? Help Please

Welcome SevenStars :wave: ! Welcome to Techspot, a website for PC Enthusiasts and the people who need them . At first thought, typically a Power Supply issue comes to mind, although there could be many explanations. Have you installed new drivers, changed monitore (to fix screen, not page fault), tried another power supply? Also, was there any software that you installed recently, or drivers? Also, what psu do you have, and how many amps on the +12V Rail (if unsure check out my guide in my signature below this writing)?

EDIT:
Also, have you tried taking the video card out of the motherboard and going back to integrated graphics (if you have them)? If you don't, have you tried another video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-video-card-broken-help-please.70660/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a GeForce 4 TI4600 that recently had the fan fail on it. I replaced the fan with an aftermarket one and plugged it back in. However, during the install, I accidentally scraped one of the circuits directly next one of the 1-way plugs that secure the fan down. I was having problems with having monochromatic lines and blocks running up and down the screen when the fan went out and am having the same problems now. However, this time there will either be no display when booting up, or the display will be on but will die before loading into windows.

There's also a "previous fan failure" message that pops up every time i try to load. i cleared the log many times but it still won't go away.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me! Thank you so much!

A:video card broken?

if you scratched a trace, it should be okay unless you got it all the way down to the copper. If so, and you are good w/ electronics and have a staedy hand, repair it w/ a bit of solder, and put some tape on it. If the scratch is not all the way to the copper, the trace most likely isnt causing the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-broken.312289/
Relevancy 64.5%

recently my comp started having problems -- crashing constantly or at least broken? fan card video that s what i thought at first sometimes the monitor would shut off and come back on with a frozen and junked up screen sometimes it would black out and come back on garbled kinda like TV static unplugged the monitor and plugged it into my roommate s computer -- monitor is fine and my computer did the same thing with his monitor plugged into my comp i opened up my box did a little housekeeping reseated the ram one mb stick and slid out the vid card to clean the connection it looks to me like the fan on the vid card could be loose -- so the questions are could this be the cause of my problem and is there anyway to fix it w o picking up a new video card er like pop the fan back video card fan broken? into place or something below are my specs just in case P MHz MB RAM Diamond Monster Fusion AGP Windows nbsp

A:video card fan broken?

Video card fans can usually be replaced just like CPU fans.

When the machine is running, does the video card fan spin up or does it just sit there? If your video card is overheating it can cause the symptoms you describe.

Whether you can just "pop it back on" or not depends on how its attached to the card in the first place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-fan-broken.103450/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys having a bit of trouble with my video card The card is a Radeon pro and its about months old About days ago well playing a game the computer froze up broken??? card Video I switched it off at the power point and tried to restart it only to find that the monitor will not wake up The computer seems to run fine but the card wont wake the monitor up I have since replaced the card with my old one which works fine Ive tried the card Video card broken??? in another computer but i have the exact same problem My computer specs are HP Intel pent Ghz Gig of ram Radeon pro broken lt That s about all i know Anyway any ideas would be great thx for any help P s I hope this is the correct forum sorry if it isn t Edit Just after posting this thread my computer froze again and now the old card wont wake the monitor up either btw i have tried another monitor same problem nbsp

A:Video card broken???

Bump *

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-broken.588675/
Relevancy 64.5%

hey im using an XFX GTX that i Video Broken Card? bought in the last week whats been happening is ill be playing Broken Video Card? WoW and then the screen just goes it kinda looks like a tv on Broken Video Card? no channel like that black and white dots but the colours are red purple and stuff its only ever done it while im playing wow itll do it probably - times wen i first start playing then for the rest of the day its fine iv updated video card drivers i thought maybe it was because of wows latest patch but it was never fixed my computer was acting a bit screwy with a few things so i thought ill just reformat not long after reformatting and loading wow it happened again twice then this morning wen loading windows the screen was blank like it didnt recognise i had a video card reset and it booted to the loading windows screen then did the usual with crazy colours everywhere rebooted again and its working does anyone have any idea wat it could be i have also resat the card i was monitoring the cards temp and at max it was but it crashed while booting up in the morning so thats not it my mobo has pci-e slots i havnt tried the other tho also when i am playing games they run fine not choppy or anything anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:Broken Video Card?

Sounds to me the card is on its way out. Could be an overheating issue with the card. Time to buy a new one. The reason its only occurring during WoW is because it is a graphic intense application even on the lowest settings. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-video-card.994891/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have this problem with many games These black squares appear in some games for a very little time I want to know what s causing them and how to fix it is it a faulty graphics card View this video and watch in fullscreen http www xfire com video c It happens a lot in Card? Video Broken Battlefield Battlefield But some other game Broken Video Card? that i have had for a long time like COD has no problems Almost all of the games that i play crash sometimes and then recover again Sometimes it ends up with BSOD For Example Crysis Flight Simulator X Prototype CSS World Of Warcraft work fine no crashes or anything but Fuel - Crash BSOD Cod - Crash Call Of Yuarez Bound In Blood - Crash BSoD Riddick Assault On Dark Athena - Constant Crashes and BSOD UNPLAYABLE and that list can go on forever i guess It s one of those black screen - gt Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered - gt Game crash Errors Some games work fine but some start messing too often so it has become unplayable What can i do to fix this problem or at least find out what s wrong PC Specs Intel Core Duo E GHz GB RAM x GB x GB Club d HD mb Overclocked Edition Latest drivers Xilence W PSU - Model XP or XP R Windows Vista Home Basic -bit Service Pack RAM - tested No errors with over coverage Scanned whole PC With AVG Free - Clean Scanned with spybot S amp d - Clean NO overheating problems Oh and the PC is - years old I have upgraded RAM originally x GB PSU Originally a crappy w PSU and GPU Originally POV GT mb The warranty of my graphics card is still active I have NOT overclocked my PC in any way My ram i switched back to x GB sticks that originally came with my pc the problem is the same For the first time EVER I got something like this after playing Resident Evil for a very short time It only happens in THAT game When this happens i can still hear the sounds the cursor works fine nbsp

A:Broken Video Card?

What are the core/memory clocks for the card? Sometimes having the graphics card clocks too high can produce these symptoms.

EDIT: Also are the drivers that your using from the CD with the card or off the ATi Website?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-video-card.865606/
Relevancy 64.5%

Well, not broken, just real loud, annoying, and sometimes it just stops. I have plenty of airflow in the case, just wondering how unsafe this is...will my video card overheat? I've been looking for new cards, I want a tv card as well...I have the cable next to the computer waiting to be plugged in!
I also am looking at other monitors. I think I'm picking up a Samsung 2493HM 24"
Any suggestions on video cards/tv cards and/or monitors???
I dont have a PCIE slot...that I can see...so I think I have to stick to an AGP video card and a PCI tv card? I'd also like to hook up my old monitor and my new monitor to the same card and have both going at once. HELP!!
I have pics of the inside and back of my tower...cant post them because I'm a 2-post newbie hehe

A:Fan broken on my video card

I have the tower open and the fan disconnected from the card...nice and quiet now, but is it safe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-broken-on-my-video-card.106005/
Relevancy 63.64%

got an gts card if is broken Not sure motherboard video or my using a P vd -x motherboard Using XP and the computer is years old Was playing a game when it froze and purple lines appeared Not sure if my motherboard or video card is broken on the screen rebooted the Not sure if my motherboard or video card is broken PC it had purple lines on the screen while booting up but not in windows In windows its is running slow when looking at Not sure if my motherboard or video card is broken websites seems to redraw the screen while scrolling down There s a yellow exclamation mark next to the video card on the device manager Says quot cannot start device error code quot Did a search on that but nothing really helpul So my mate lent me his spare card i put that straight in but the computer had the same purple lines got into windows then crashed reset itself but wouldnt get by the very start off boot up saying an error message that sounded serious and wouldnt even boot up at all Put my original card back in and it booted up with the purple lines that then dissapeared once in windows it said windows had recovered from a critical system failure So i can use the computer in windows but if the website has any graphics on it it scrolls down very slowly Also i cant load up any games as they will crash quickly Should my friends card have worked just by plugging it in as its an nvidia card as well Not sure now if my video card is broken or the motherboard I havent re-installed the crivers which i will but im sure that wont make any diffrence nbsp

A:Not sure if my motherboard or video card is broken

don't be so sure about the drivers not making a difference, do that first and holler back. It does sound like a hardware problem however. more like memory however. run memtest after you reinstall the video drivers.
http://www.memtest.org/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-sure-if-my-motherboard-or-video-card-is-broken.137659/
Relevancy 63.64%

i just bought two 1gb Nvidia 9800 GT yesterday and now i think one of them is broke..

i was rendering (in Revit Architecture) when my monitor turned off.. (it says no signal) but my CPU was still on so I tried turning my monitor on & off to see if it helps, but to no avail.
so I restarted my computer but i still get no signal on my monitor...

so I connected my monitor to my other video card and it worked. I went to device manager but there's only 1 video card detected... is it broken or do i have to just remove it and place it back on the mother board ?
I really need the video card right now for my project since my deadline is due tomorrow

A:i think my brand new VIDEO CARD is broken

Test one at a time in the slot that has the working card in it and then you will know for sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/18649-i-think-my-brand-new-video-card-broken.html
Relevancy 63.64%

got an gts using a P vd -x motherboard Using XP and the computer is years old Was my sure card Not is if broken or motherboard video playing a game when it froze and purple lines appeared on the screen rebooted the PC it had purple lines on the screen while booting up but not in windows In windows its is running slow when looking at websites seems to redraw the screen while scrolling down There s a yellow exclamation mark next to the video card on the device manager Says quot cannot start device error code quot Did a search on that but nothing really helpul So my mate lent me his spare card i put that straight in but the computer had the same purple lines got into windows then crashed Not sure if my video card or motherboard is broken reset itself but wouldnt get by the very start off boot up saying an error message that sounded serious and wouldnt even boot up at all Put my original card back in and it booted up with the purple lines that then dissapeared once in windows it said windows had recovered from a critical system failure So i can use the computer in windows but if the website has any graphics on it it scrolls down very slowly Also i cant load up any games as they will crash quickly Should my friends card have worked just by plugging it in as its an nvidia card as well Not sure now if my video card is broken or the motherboard I havent re-installed the crivers which i will but im sure that wont make any diffrence nbsp

A:Not sure if my video card or motherboard is broken

Well, it seems that it's the motherboard as two cards failing is quite a coincidence. It could be a problem with the PCI-E slot. Not sure though.

I suggest that you re-seat everything on the motherboard.Then uninstall and reinstall all video drivers. If that doesn't help just try a fresh install of the OS and drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-sure-if-my-video-card-or-motherboard-is-broken.137658/
Relevancy 63.64%

My fiance hooked up my Dell desktop monitor to his laptop to do some work. I came home later, turned on my computer and saw some message on the monitor that reminded me that he had disconnected it. Without powering anything down I plugged the blue and white plugs back into my CPU. I then heard the same quiet "poof" that I normally hear from the speakers (attached to the monitor) when I power down the computer. The monitor was dark and I pressed its power button which was glowing with the orange "power save" light. I could not get the monitor to turn on. I restarted the computer to see if that would fix my problem but it did not. Did I blow out the monitor or maybe the video card?

A:monitor or video card broken?

It doesn't sound like your monitor broke down. Could you please check again if the D15-SUB cable is connected correctly to both your monitor and your graphics card? Also, you could try to unplug the monitor and your PSU, then plug them again and start the computer.

This has happened to me many, many times, so that's why I recommend the above. If nothing works, we will continue from here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-or-video-card-broken.1027271/
Relevancy 63.64%

UPS recently shipped my tower monitor and when or Card Broken? Video Monitor it got here I powered it up to find that my screen was scattered with lines arrays of colors etc I restarted a Video Card or Monitor Broken? few times and the lines eventually went away But the colors were still a bit odd and when I started up a few Video Card or Monitor Broken? games the pixels were often misplaced blinking moving missing etc I at first assumed that the video card was having a problem so I removed my video card and inserted it again to make sure it was secure I restarted and had the same problem And to make matters worse the odd lines and pixels sometimes just randomly returned and covered my screen I found that moving my monitor cord around and replugging it helped so now I m not sure if the monitor or the video card is broken The UPS inspector is coming out here soon and I need to be able to tell him what is broken I don t have another monitor on hand to be able to test it Is there anyway to figure out if my monitor or my video card is broken Or if not them then if something else is Any help will be kindly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Video Card or Monitor Broken?

Best way would be to try another monitor - is this one a LCD flat panel? If it isn't I would lean toward the video card.

UPS is not very carefully when shipping - it throw things around.

Since its new - ship it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-or-monitor-broken.165089/
Relevancy 63.64%

I was playing CSGO and my computer suddenly crashed on me. Second time it has happened. Upon reboot, i got these artifacts on the screen. It's not the monitor, my Xbox shows up fine. The BSOD won't even show up properly, can't read off the error code.

Is this the sign of a broken video card?

A:Sign of a broken video card?

Looks very much like a broken card to me.

You can always test it in another PC if you have access to one, or take it to a computer shop to get them to test it, but I recon it's dead.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290526-sign-broken-video-card.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello all Sorry for the length of this post To summarize it I tried to broken installing and Tried video my USB permanently a has card install a second display adapter and at some point my USB broke I have taken the video card out and reinstalled windows and the USB still doesn t work I came home from university for the summer and saw my Tried installing a video card and my USB has permanently broken old pentium sitting there in the corner of my room doing nothing and thought Hey Dual Monitors So I took out the old Voodoo out of the pentium because I needed a second display adapter in my newer computer to do so Now my parents abode has wireless and I connect using a USB wireless adpater it was still set up from before I suppose and worked fine without me doing any thing to set it up Now after I put the card into the computer the USB still worked I am sure of this as I was using the internet afterwards I began installing the voodoo drivers The hockey game was starting and so I decided I d leave the computer and watch it When I turned it back on after the game the internet didn t work However this is not an issue with the wireless adapter itself as my USB memory stick also does not work and yet works in other computers What happens is that when you plug any USB device in it detects new hardware you go through the wizard and at the end it says quot The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance quot I googled this message every solution I ve found suggested that there is a bug in Win K where it doesn t replace old drivers properly and to delete usb inf then let the wizard find the drivers This did not work for me I decided to be lazy and just let windows repair itself by booting off the CD Probably irrelevant note I had some bizarre issues I was getting blue screens with page faults when repairing my CPU clock was set too high I have never attempted to overclock my computer but since this is the first setting on one of the BIOS screens I am assuming that I had accidentally changed it After changing it to it s proper value the page faults stopped Anyways the repair didn t work I decided to again take the lazy path and just format the drive and reinstall windows it was getting cluttered anyway Note that this was done AFTER removing the voodoo card Hardware wise my computer was back to the exact configuartion that it was in before I did this I still get the same error message I have USB ports on the motherboard attached through a header to the front of my computer none of them work This baffles me It didn t break upon putting the card in my computer it broke sometime after installing the voodoo drivers Removing the card again doesn t fix it This suggests to me that it is a software issue And yet reinstalling windows doesn t fix it suggesting to me that it is a hardware issue Any ideas Thank you nbsp

A:Tried installing a video card and my USB has permanently broken

Hi and welcome.

Did you see this one?

http://www.isp.net.au/~merrick/Function_Driver/Function_Driver.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tried-installing-a-video-card-and-my-usb-has-permanently-broken.570059/
Relevancy 62.35%

This is my first post here and I wish it was under better circumstances Earlier today Clips + Broken Retaining Video Card Issue I turned on my computer like I have done so many times before I noticed nothing wrong After Windows was Video Card Issue + Broken Retaining Clips squawking at me to reboot for updates Video Card Issue + Broken Retaining Clips I restarted and was answered with a Beep orchestra of long beep and three short beeps which research on my laptop stated was a problem with the video card or it s connection This had happened once before a couple of weeks ago and was easily fixed by re-positioning the video card Before I restarted I had noticed nothing wrong and when it occurred I was confident my little knowledge of PC workings would prevail So I unplugged the card and subsequently broke off the little retaining clip that holds the card in place seems like it s made out of paper I gave it a minute and plugged it back in and it didn t solve a thing I have been working on this for about hours now and nothing has worked Should I just call off the effort and call this one dead Or is there anything else I ve missed My video card is a XFX GeForce GT My mobo is a ASUS P K SE nbsp

A:Video Card Issue + Broken Retaining Clips

You cannot find a way to improvise?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-issue-broken-retaining-clips.123191/
Relevancy 61.06%

I m using an issue? suddenly software broken or stopped card working. Video NVidia Video card suddenly stopped working. broken or software issue? GT video card or I was Over the last few weeks every once in a while my monitor would get no signal Once I restarted the computer the signal was restored and everything was fine I got a pretty bad virus this weekend and shortly after I managed to finally fix my system my video card no longer sends any signal at all It doesn t matter which port on the card I plug my monitor into I get no signal Restarting no longer solves the issue The monitor works fine if I plug it into the VGA port on the back of my computer so I know its not that When I opened the tower up I noticed it was pretty dusty inside My question is this Was the timing just a coincidence Is my card fried to to dust buildup overheating or did the removal of the infected files somehow remove something that allowed my card to be detected and run nbsp

A:Video card suddenly stopped working. broken or software issue?

Video cards are among the most common failure components in a computer over the past three years in our part of the Southwest.... Whether nVidia or ATI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-suddenly-stopped-working-broken-or-software-issue.132838/
Relevancy 50.74%

My 9 year old has a dell optiplex 755 SFF, he is asking me to upgrade his video card so he can play games like minecraft and some games on steam.
We are on a budget and found this Sapphire radeon 6450 on newegg for $39.99
Will this work in his computer and allow him to play minecraft? steam?
www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx;cm_re=6450-_-14-102-933-_-Product&RandomID=1698470702508220150427173530

Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19708702
Relevancy 50.31%

hello, ho can u switch form an installed videocard to an on-motherboard video card? help plz

A:question on switching installed video card and thse form an on-motherboard video card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-on-switching-installed-video-card-and-thse-form-an-on-motherboard-video-card.667949/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I have an OptiPlex 9010 with onboard Display Port & VGA
I am trying to hookup a new 58 inch Samsung TV which only has 2 hdmi ports and composite & component.
I need both hdmi for laptop hookups so I can't use them for the Dell 9010.
I want to run VGA to either the composite or the component.
Will the onboard VGA do this?
I have a cable like this:

A:Does my OptiPlex 9010 video card support S-Video or Composite Video out through its VGA port

Quilty-MUN,The adapter in the image should work for your purpose connecting to the TV.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19996340
Relevancy 46.44%

Sherlock.exe shows that I have a broken video codec..

I'm having trouble uploading videos to youtube as it gives me the error "Unable to convert video file", could that broken codec be the cause of this? If so how should I go about reinstalling it? It came with Combined Community Codec Pack.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone. So this is my problem.

I just bought a Toshiba laptop running on Xp and what the computer has been doing is messing up my video files. For some reason, clips of my own creation or stuff downloaded from the internet becomes corrupted randomly. Like if the clip was 6:00 minutes it'll become 3:25 and it'll be missing some parts and the storyline would be out of order.

is this a hard drive problem? everything else works fine.
drivers maybe?

any ideas? I would appreciate the help.
thank you so much.

A:Broken Video Files

this may depend on the format of the video file if you can find out what the format of your videos are then i might be able to help you.

if you are downloading things then i would recommend to use a bitorrent site the downloading is much better and alot less corrupt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-video-files.338197/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there everybody I wish I could offer as much help as I ask for but help me fix my broken(?) video files we all have to start learning somewhere I m having help me fix my broken(?) video files a problem with a large help me fix my broken(?) video files number of video files I ve had for ages Suddenly many of my vids have a Length of but the data is still there The properties behind each damaged video indicate that the video s length is zero seconds I can play help me fix my broken(?) video files each video in any media player and view thirty seconds of it properly I m guessing this is something the media players default to if a file s length is zero seconds Using the slider position indicator in various media players I can make the file display some of its missing contents The total play time of each video is still thirty seconds however when it used to be ten minutes or an hour or whatever In other words playing with the slider displays the real correct scene relative to its position but only plays for the remainder of thirty seconds This amp the fact the filesize stayed the same indicates the data is still present but can t be viewed properly If anyone knows why this is happening I d like some insight Is it a virus I know for sure it affects mpeg videos and might affect other filetypes too I was horrified to find this problem had spread to about one fourth of my video library This includes home movies and funny clips from the internet vhs titles i ve put on the hard drive and anything else I ve collected over the years I ll leave you with my computer specs amp relavent info XP pro service pack not Windows Media Player only cause it wont let me roll back to Creative Labs soundcard GForce vid card Direct X is up to date so are my relevant hardware drivers etc please tell me somebody knows what I should do Thanks nbsp

A:help me fix my broken(?) video files

First, is it really DivX what your "damaged" files are encoded in? Maybe you installed XviD and it kindly hijacked the DivX content? Have you tried another media player?

How about trying to play some of the broken files on another computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-fix-my-broken-video-files.40999/
Relevancy 46.44%

hi, a friend of mine seems to have managed to break the video part of her motherboard somehow. I think that i'll have to install a new seperate video card. Will a new PCI video card automatically work, plug-and-play, or do i need to install it? in the latter case, how do i do that without having any image on the screen? thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

Sigh..the fan blades snapped off of my g4ti4200. I really like the card, but I'm not sure how to go about fixing it. Should I buy a third party video card fan and attach it myself? How would I go about attaching it? I would appreciate any help.

A:broken vid card fan

If the fan is attached with 4 screws in the corners then you can just go and buy a standard fan (your local electronics/computer dealer may carry fans) with the right size (the fan sizes are standard) and screw it in place.

If it is fixed to the heat sink in some weird/special way then you need to buy a heatsink with a fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-vid-card-fan.10296/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi
I Planning on starting yt channel , currently im uploading some videos on my test channel and every time I upload a video ,the audio became broken/laggy ( my English its not so good to describe it) I will put a link to one of videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1T4c3GBmNI after 30 sec in to a video problems with audio starts ( when I play original of video everything is fine)
where is the problem ? on my side or yt ?

Relevancy 46.01%

First off, excuse my ignorance, but I'm new here and I'm really new to technology and as far as recognizing part names. I have a emachines t4892, more like a project for me, and the video part that is solder onto the motherboard is broken. I want to take that one out and put in a new one. Problem I'm having is finding this piece, and i really don't know the correct term for it. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

A:Broken video port on motherboard

You could just use the AGP 8x slot on the Motherboard and put a video card in that
Note: AGP 8x is also very old technology now, but if you find an old AGP Video card it may just work

You can also chat with eMachines Support, to work out what part you are talking about:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-video-port-on-motherboard.139553/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a hp pavilion and i am running windows xp. The video sound is very broken up and choppy. Whenever i first boot it up the windows chime is the same way. What can I do to fix this problem.

A:video sound is very choppy and broken. Please help.

How old is your laptop? your speakers may be dying. Make sure you have the latest sound drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-sound-is-very-choppy-and-broken-please-help-384881.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hi i have a logitch sound system and it has a s-video cable that comes from the control center over to the subwoofer which provides the info to the speakers. and i dont know how this happend but i broke 1 of the pins and of course with my luck the pin was required because now only 1 speaker out of 4 speakers works and the subwoofer also works. also iv checked all connections and also i have checked all settings and everything is right. i really need to know how to fix this so if somebody could answer ASAP it would be great. Thanks

A:s-video cable with broken pin need to know how to fix it ASAP

Go to your local electronics shop and buy a new S-Video plug. Cut the cable and attach the new plug. Good luck guessing which wire goes where though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/s-video-cable-with-broken-pin-need-to-know-how-to-fix-it-asap.31000/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an intel d845hv board. I took an older pci card out and put a new AGP card in and I get no video, well it flashes on for a second and then right back off. If I put the old video card back in, I can startup fine. I went into the bios and the video was already set to AGP. Ive tried removing the CMOS battery for awhile and then rebooting and I still get nothing. Any insite would be helpful. Thanks!

A:No video after changing old PCIvideo card to new AGP video card

Did you remove the old card and drivers in device manager first? You may need to update your motherboard drivers too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-after-changing-old-pcivideo-card-to-new-agp-video-card.17706/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an AGP 2x slot. Can i put an AGP 8x video card into that slot. If so, will i see any performance gain. Or are there video cards that are compatible with all types, like 2x 4x and 8x.

A:Video card and Video card slot Question

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Agp1x/2x are 3.3 volts, whereas Agp4x/8x are 1.5 volts.

You should check carefully that whatever card you get is compatible with you 2x Agp slot.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-and-video-card-slot-question.44107/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys thanks for taking the time to look at my post.Basically i recently have done a reinstall of windows xp but the system cannot seem to be able to find the systems video card drivers and i have checked on the properties under adapters and the whole list says n/a so i have no way of find out what drivers i need to download. I have an emachines 5250 if that is any use.
thanks in advanced

samuelleiser

A:Generic video card video card problems!! need help =)

I did some searching for you for a driver, but I did not find one. I think your best option is to purchase a new video card and install it. Remember to disable the built-in video in BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-video-card-video-card-problems-need-help.740673/
Relevancy 46.01%

So I ve card card/video issues driver Video owned this alienware m x r Intel Core i - QM Radeon HD M GB Video card/video card driver issues DDR for about months now and just recently it has started crashing immediately on startup either when it reaches the login page for windows or soon after There is no BSOD I ve used WhoCrashed and made sure dump files are enabled and nothing comes up I ve tried installing several different versions of AMD s drivers for the HD M I have but none work I ve run a system diagnostic test through advanced startup options and there are no errors It works fine with no drivers installed or if I boot in safe mode but I am at my wit s end here trying to get my system back in to working order I ve already tried reinstalling a fresh version of windows and fully cleaning my drivers and reinstalling them and nothing is a permanent fix I have gotten blue screens both of which were x E with the cause being the C Windows system drivers atikmpag sys file but as I am just learning the ropes of this stuff I have no idea where to go from here Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Video card/video card driver issues

Time to call Dell and get it warranty serviced, if you reloaded Windows and it still persists then its a hardware issue that needs to be addressed/repaired by the manufacturer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-video-card-driver-issues.1068924/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone I currently need a new video card for my Gateway e small form desktop PC because my on-board graphics have apparently gone bad My display is slanted or out of alignment And after testing different monitors hard drives moving the PC to different rooms checking wires etc it seems the on board graphics has Card card USB external Video 7? Windows AGP or for video gone faulty So I have options and need some help with my choice I have looked into purchasing the IOGEAR USB to VGA x External Video Card Which the seller on e-bay tells me can act as a primary video card for a monitor display along with being dual display useable spreading a desktop USB external video card or AGP Video Card for Windows 7? view across monitors at once or mirroring the current monitor display It also works with Windows Aero USB external video card or AGP Video Card for Windows 7? as well I've also been looking at AGP cards and found these two Jaton NVIDIA GeForce FX MB VGA TV Out Low Profile AGP Video Card eBay AXLE D NVIDIA GeForce MB DDR AGP Video Card w Low Profile Bracket eBay How would these two work with Windows and Aero Are they up to date enough to run Windows smoothly And has anyone ever had experience with external video cards Are they worth the money I am always looking for solutions I can use that avoid going inside my PC case My e is a cramped but strong system I was going to upgrade the RAM from GB to GB but after seeing that I'd have to remove the PSU just to get access to the two extra RAM slots I decided to pass Especially considering my system runs very fast with just GB's of RAM on an GB SATA drive My Windows version is Home Premium by the way

A:USB external video card or AGP Video Card for Windows 7?

I simplified:

I'd just go with this: [if you were AGP stranded, OP isn't as it turns out]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814139043

No ebay issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/297031-usb-external-video-card-agp-video-card-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi -- in the last 2 days, I am unable to connect to my router with the network cable. on plugging the cable in, it gets an IP as it shows up in IPCONFIG. The router table does NOT show the connection though. The wireless connection works fine, both getting IP and showing up in the router. I haven't changed anything major. Any ideas

Relevancy 45.58%

So I bought myself a new case the other day but when I was done putting in my graphics card, I booted my PC but I didnt get an signal and I have'nt done nothing wrong.

I have nVidia geforce gtx 550 Ti

A:Graphics card broken

Did you connect the 6 pin PCI-E connector from the PSU to the GPU card? Have you tried to remove the GPU and re-seat it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken.208307/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi So as i am writing this message my network drops all the time and it is causing me issues which i jsut cant handle right now I checked the router but it shows no problem i have optic cable connection of mbps Speedtest net by Ookla - My ? getting card network broken Results This is my current speed i barelly made it calculate since it dropped connection like network card getting broken ? times The internet provider says network card getting broken ? there isnt a problem from their side the router is up to date the cable connection isnt broken i checked the visible parts the rest are hidden in plastic quot tubes quot that are built in the wall AND the laptops that are connected wireless have NO issues Can i check the network card if its broken going to be broken or something similar like that because losing connection every seconds and getting it back the next is frustrating If you need any more info please ask Thank you EDIT my internet provider gave me a hint to try and connect my laptop via the internet cable and turn off wifi on it There is internet and network card getting broken ? there has been no signs of problems So its definitely my PC What can i do

Relevancy 45.58%

On my sister's computer which is a Dell Inspiron 560 it has an SD Card Slot. The SD Card Slot stopped working a while ago and I was trying to help her fix it. The drive letter for it is S: and it says please insert a card. The reader itself is lighting up saying that there is a card in there. If i go into disk management it says the drive is formatted as RAW but it was formatted at fat32. I tried reformatting but that didn't work. The card works in her camcorder and other SD card slots. I also tried multiple cards. Any ideas for a fix or why it could be doing this? Any help would be appreciated.

A:How Do I fix a broken SD Card Slot

I would have a check in device manager to see if the device is operating correctly and no caution marks are showing

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234005-how-do-i-fix-broken-sd-card-slot.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all,

A while back my SD card decided to stop working on me.

I'm not exactly sure what happened - I do know I tried formatting it in my digital camera which I think made it worse.

When I plug it into my computer, it takes forever to open the card - it crashes the computer instead.

Any ideas? One person suggested I might use Ubunto to fix it... however my dvd burner/software seems to refuse to make a bootable disc.

And no the lock isnt down

Thanks!

A:Broken 256mb SD card

A 256mb SD card can be had for around $15, so I wouldn't spend too much time trying to fix this one. If it doesn't work in the camera or the computer, I suspect something is really wrong with it. Here's a whole list of them to pick from: http://dealram.com/prices/Secure-Digital-SD/30/256MB.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-256mb-sd-card.455201/
Relevancy 45.58%

i have a Gateway GT5448E and i got new speakers they were working perfectly fine untill i restarted my computer and then i got the "No Audio Output Device is installed" message i went through all the suggestions on the internet and i had no luck what so ever most said to go into Device manager and goto Sound, Video, Game controllers but that is missing too .. my question is ist here another fix for this or am i SOL or can i get a new sound card or something .. im desperate

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/broken-sound-card-445532.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hi i have an acer 5920g, with an nvidia 8600m with windows 7, a few weeks ago i was playing batifield 2 and my laptop crashed, upon restarting the laptop the screen had lines down the screen and would not start any games or complex images such as in i tunes with the artwork, i have used system restore, and updated he drivers, i have also payed for a brand new anti virus and completed a full scan, somtimes the laptop will restart in the most basic colour settings i have ever seen and this usually happens after i have reinstalled the latest drivers nd restarted the system, device manager comes up with error code 3 if that helps at all, i have no idea if the card itself is broken or if there is som ther underlying problem, but i would be very grateful for any mor ideas

A:Graphic card broken

Desktop or laptop ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-broken.149777/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys I'm in a pretty bad situation right now. My graphics card has died on the computer I share with my brother. It seems to work fine until I run a game that uses graphics. I've tried plugging it out, and plugging it back in and cleaning the dust, updating graphics driver, etc but it's not working out.

http://i.imgur.com/WfZzrk9.png

or

it will just freeze and little random objects pop up on the screen and the monitor dies (but the computer is still running).

Thank you so much to whoever that can help me fix this

my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
motherboard = MSI Z87-G45 ATX Pro Gaming Motherboard (SLI Support)

A:graphics card broken please help

What brand card and can you RMA it? Does it it work in safemode? You should get furmark and see what it says your temps are when running the basic test. Sounds like your card needs whats called reflowed. You only want to attempt this if you have no other options as it requires you to take off the heatsink and bake your card.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflow_soldering
Save a Dying Video Card with a Quick Bake in the Oven

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/383090-graphics-card-broken-please-help.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Techspot Yesterday my friend sent me a link to a photo on MSN which was actually a virus Its one of those messenger bug things that sends itself to other people Although through research many people Is Card Graphics Broken? my said it was harmless and following the virus removal steps on this site I downloaded Malware bytes who promptly found and deleted the infected files Anyway recently my display has been acting up Its been freezing games projecting empty pixels over my screen and just generally being broken My Graphics card is years old GT Is my Graphics Card Broken? and heavily used i m wondering if it s finally given up or if that virus I got has upset it or if something else is at fault I have just recently downloaded all new graphics drivers but that has not done anything So the question is How can I tell if its my a physical problem with my graphics card or something more sinister software related Thank You NZvista PS Have been getting Windows errors such as quot Video Hardware Error quot Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID BCCode BCP C BCP FF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product EDIT One of the major things that happens is I get a yellow error triangle bottom right in the task bar which was a pop up saying A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly And then goes on to say its successfully restarted nbsp

A:Is my Graphics Card Broken?

Bump,

Neeeeeeeed help. I reformatted my computer and its still playing up. The 3d games get coloured squares all through them, im so lost as to what to do.

Thankyou

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-broken.139915/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi for about 2 weeks ago i replaced my cpu fan with a salman for better cooling so i had to unplug my grafic card so nothing would happen to it and now when i plugged it in again my monitor is all black and the fan on the card goes on 100% or something like that. im using a ati 1550 now so i can get a vision on the monitor. please help me

Best reguards Alex

A:Broken graphics card?

try uninstalling current driver, installing the card, and botting up. if it works install the most recent driver.

other than that i don't see why a new cpu fan would disturb how your gfx card operates. post ur computer specs to us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-graphics-card.153341/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys Im having some serious card graphics Broken issues with my graphic card and i was hoping that someone would be able to help me out a bit years ago I bought a gaming pc with the following specs see below I sent in my pc for repairs once but i got blown off saying it was fine and i had to pay shitloads of money to get it Broken graphics card back Problems are back and im clueless I have worked with fixing pc s myself and I know what the problem is but how can i prove this for the techs that work wher ei bought my pc Up till a few month ago it ran everything smoothly I played games like wow spore and black and white and didnt have any problems Lately however i played Aion Black and white and Skyrim and my graphic card drivers keeps crashing when im gaming It have happend times in minutes at the worst and that s just when you stand still doing nothing I have tried everything when it comes to the drivers and the only thing left is that the card simply is broken I have not overclocked my pc in any way however i do have some issues with my USB ports but I m pretty sure its not relevant I have a Logitech g keyboard and just about a month ago i had my first one replaced because Broken graphics card it started to fall out and lose power I said to the techs when i sent in my pc that i had issues with it but they seemed very sure that they were fine Day of having the new keyboard the same sh t starts over and it will have a nerd-rage now and then so i have to reboot my pc for it to work The rest of my usb ports has the same thing and my units keeps falling out as they please but hey working as intended So i can either continue to pester the people i bought my pc from or i can just buy a new graphic card i ve been looking at a gtx but noticed it has that new GDDR SDRAM Would this matter when my mother board is ddr I havent been reading up on such things lately so im having my doubts there Anyways thanks for reading this I quot hope quot someone have had similar experiences and can come with some advice Intel Core i - Processor ghz ASUS P P D PRO P Socket- Kingston ValueR DDR MHz GB XFX GeForce GTX M MB PhysX nbsp

A:Broken graphics card

What PSU, brand and wattage does the system have?
Having power issues via USB and graphics card issues with higher power consumption/newer more graphically intensive games would have me wondering if there is an issue with it.

There is no issue with DDR3/GDDR5 compatibility. The video memory mounted on the graphics card is accessed via the PCI-E bus that the graphics card is connected to the motherboard with. It doesn't rely on the memory controllers/chipset of the motherboard. Only the system memory (Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB) in the motherboard memory slots needs to be DDR3.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-graphics-card.173761/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys,

I recently got home from a 2 week holiday, powered my pc on...everything was fine. However the next day my monitors both have no signal (I have a dual split screen setup). The PC seems to be working fine, I can hear the Windows startup chime but no signal to either screen, no bios or anything. Monitors just blinking with no signal. Is my GPU broken? It was a top of the line Radeon GPU a couple years ago. I would like to hear your opinions before I splash the cash on another high end GPU.

Cheers

A:Is my graphics card broken?

First things to check are the cable connections - reseat them and see if there is a change. Other possibility is bad cables, but unlikely both would fail at the same time. Reseat the card, try in different PCIe slot, make sure it's getting adequate power.

Is the card still under warranty? Depending on the manufacturer you might catch a break and have had like a 3 year warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-broken.184480/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all Yesterday after turning on my comp and loading up COD Modern Warfare my computer completely froze This has never happened before in the years I ve had this comp and I was unable to alt f ctrl alt del or do anything so I had to do a hard reset by holding the power button When it started to boot up I saw weird grey lines in a Matrix the movie like patterns running down the Bios screen After logging into Windows via password it seemed as if the monitor turned off and everything went black yet the computer was still running I searched online to see any solutions and tried disabling the video cards through safe mode Safe mode was able to boot up but had these plaid green squares in it identical to the squares in the topic of quot Plaid green squares and gaming issues quot over at Tech Support Forums I can t post any links sorry I was able to disable the video cards and after restarting I was able to successfully log into windows The green squares were still there and sometimes when I toyed around with the resolution random red pixels would be scattered throughout the screen I tried disabling and enabling the video cards several times and it seems that when it is disabled I am able to log into Graphic Broken Card? windows but when it is enabled after typing my password into windows the monitor displays nothing and goes black I also tried downloading new drivers from Nvidia have Nvidia geforce GX but nothing worked Eventually I wiped the HD and reinstalled windows downloading new drivers for all parts but the same problem also existed I even Broken Graphic Card? got solid red plaid squares at the screen where it says to choose which mode you would like Broken Graphic Card? to boot up in ie Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt etc I opened it up and cleaned out the video card and reseated it yet the problem is still there I am convinced that it is the video card problem but have no real way to test it out because I have no other computer or video card Broken Graphic Card? Are there any other ways to make sure it is indeed the video card before I go and buy a new one heh Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Broken Graphic Card?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...
Your graphics card is artifacting. Compare with some classic examples here
http://images.google.co.nz/imgres?i...=video+card+artifact+pictures&hl=en&sa=X&um=1

The checkerboard pattern is a textbook example of having a "cooked" GPU. This particular card is known to run very hot and even a small build up of collected dust would raise this even further. Unfortunately the damage is irreversible.

As you have two seperate cards connected by an internal SLI bridge, even narrowing down the fault to doubly hard over a single GPU card.
You'll need to buy a new card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-graphic-card.141216/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

My sapphire x800 gto2 has just broken and therefore I need a new card (and quick, possibly ordering today). Willing to spend about 140 and seen this 2 cards which look similar if not better than my last one, any suggestions.

Sapphire connect3d x850xt - http://ebuyer.com/UK/product/84934/rb/22017247483
Nvidia 6800gs - http://ebuyer.com/UK/product/110664/rb/22017325332
Nvidia 7600gt - http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=14753&GroupID=1264

Any other suggestion would be massive help, dont want to spend mroe than 140 though.

Cheers.

A:Graphics card broken, which of these is better?

If you budget is that high then look a Geforce 7900 series card.

The 7900GS is in that range and superior the the X850XT.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7900_Series.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-broken-which-of-these-is-better.504496/
Relevancy 45.58%

Not long before christmas i bought a sapphire radeon 9600xt from Novatech.co.uk. When i fitted the card and booted the computer, the graphics were corrupted, the white text was a bit mangled and the windows logo had green lines through it. After i logged on, the pc looked fine, but whenever i install the drivers most of windows is all purple and glitchy looking, and games are unplayable because the entire screen is covered in purple artifacts. Is this card broken or is there some sort of problem with my system?

My system specs are:
athlonxp 2400+
FIC am39l motherboard
Geforce FX5700le (current graphics card)
Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit edition
512MB RAM

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an ati radeon hd 3650,

The fan started making a VERY loud ticking type of noise, it's driving me nuts. I tried cleaning it, no help.

Where could I get a new fan or do I need a new graphics card? If I do need, where can I buy one? Preferrably online.
I don't want to mess with the drivers so I want the same card...

Thanks in advance!

A:Graphics card's fan seems broken

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6624669&CatId=4027

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-cards-fan-seems-broken.1014726/
Relevancy 45.58%

?????? ????.??????? Hp 4730s ?? ??? 7,??? ?????????? intel hd3000 ? amd 7470m,amd ?? ???????? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ????? ???????,????? ????????? ???? ???????????? ?????????? ?????? ??????? ? ????? ?????? ????? ? ???????? ????????.?????? ????? ?????????? ????? ????? ??? ???? ???????? ?? intel.?????????? ? ??? ?????????

Solved!
View Solution.

A:The Graphics Card Is Broken/Не работает видеокарта

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Frum dos usurios HP
Chinese: ??????????
Korean: HP ??????
Thank you for your understanding

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/The-Graphics-Card-Is-Broken-%D0%9D%D0%B5-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B5%D1%82-%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B0/td-p/5809401
Relevancy 45.58%

So, I have a broken wi-fi card in my desktop. Or do I? Maybe it's the antennas.

I can see my home wi-fi network, and I could occassionally connect to it at reduced strength this afternoon (at full speed too!) but now I can't connect at all. I can see the network still, but not connect. It's worth mentioning that before I was messing around with my computer today to fix other issues, I could see what I thought was actually my neighbor's wi-fi, but I'm not sure. I could not anymore.

Which do I replace? The wi-fi card in my motherboard (It's an Asus Wi-Fi Go! card) or the antennas?

How do I tell which I need to replace?

I'm leaning more towards the anteannas, because fiddling with them would make or break my internet connection this afternoon.

A:Wi-Fi Card or antennas broken?

Replace the whole card. There isn't anything in an antenna to fail. The most common problem with antennas is the connection jack. And if that's faulty, you need a new card anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-card-or-antennas-broken.1093126/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys, just got a quick question

Is a broken graphics card enough to make a computer turn itself off right after being turned on with no other hardware interaction?

A:Broken Graphics Card

It's possible. Yes. Depends on the nature of the malfunction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51330-broken-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 45.58%

^-^
I've got a little problem here with my Dual GPU card, The Geforce 7950GX2.
I've had it for a while now and it has worked fine BUT, Now one of the GPU seems to be broken. In the Device manager, amongs my G-Cards it displays one 7950Gx2 normal and one 7900GTX with a (This device could not start Code 10). As far as i know, the 7950GX2 is 2 7900GTX combined with a few stuff added.

Now, is my card broken or is it just something that is messed up :O

Mobo: K9N Neo V2
GPU: 7950GX2
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

I tried:
Uninstalling the 7900GTX and installing it with a GX2 driver, no luck. Still shows Code 10
Installing new GX2 driver
System rollback a few days

I have read somewhere that a guy had the same problem and someone said it was the GPU Bios that had been Corrupted. If so, How do u fix it???

A:Dual GPU Card, 1 Gpu broken

What brand is the GPU? Under warranty?

As for the BIOS, there is a flash procedure just like with a motherboard or CD/DVD drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-gpu-card-1-gpu-broken.1016104/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there. My computers been acting up, slowing down and such, for a good couple months. However for the past couple days its been shutting down on me after 10 minutes (tops) of being powered on. I think its the graphics card.

I have an ATI Radeon (a newer one, only a couple months older than my computer issues) and i just logged on to my computer and figured i'd look at the control center. I had overdrive on and so i shut that off, hoping it would help the tempurature, and no, to my disdane i watched as the graphics card tempurature skyrocketed from 70 c to over 110c and eventually the computer just shut off (not long after)

Can anyone help me out? Is there a driver i could get or something to prevent this overheating?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

A:Broken Graphics card?

Make sure the fan on the card is actually running.
Make sure your power supply has enough power
to run the card and the rest of the components
in the computer.
Make sure there is adequate cooling in the case.

Might try ATI tool to setup a fan profile and increase the fan speed.
Many cards ship with the fan speed set low.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Tweaking/ATITool/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-graphics-card.855764/
Relevancy 45.58%

My 9800gt for some odd reason doesn't seem to work? I'm not sure if it's dead because the screen stays black when I turn my computer on and the computer beeps like it usually does and then I hear the windows 7 start up sound thing and I can type in my password and it logs in.

Is it dead? Or is it something else?

Specs:
MOBO: MSI K9N6PGM2-V
PSU: CoolingMaster eXtreme Power Plus 500W (RS-500-PCAR-A3)
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.90GHz
RAM: 4GB

A:Is my graphic card broken?

Check to make sure all the connections are working and plugged in, e.g. power cord for the monitor, vga/dvi for video. I know that seems rather obvious, but sometimes it's the easy things we overlook.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphic-card-broken.162817/
Relevancy 45.15%

How do I transfer files from my old video-card destroyed Sony to my new laptop using W7 also? I have the belkin easy transfer usb cable but that won't work since I need to activate it on the old pc. What other options do I have?

A:Transfer Files from no-video (broken) W7 PC to another usable W7 pc?

Best suggestion would be to take the hard drive out of the broken PC, install it in a USB connected hard drive enclosure and then connect it to the new PC and copy whatever files you want. It may cost you for the enclosure but with the "dead" PC it's what you will have to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139004-transfer-files-no-video-broken-w7-pc-another-usable-w7-pc.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Alright so I got an Aspire M since One day it suddenly card Graphics or slot? the is broken it wouldn t start up Beeping noises are heard from the CPU long short After a bit of research it seems Graphics card broken or is it the slot? that the computer could not detect the graphic card which results in it not starting up So I reinserted the graphic card Failed Did it again Failed Repeated for hour Still hearing long short beeps Then after a few maybe hours I tried again reinserting the graphics driver connecting the monitor cable and turned it on It worked Graphics card broken or is it the slot? I didn t know what happened but it worked After Graphics card broken or is it the slot? I was done using the computer I turned it off The next day today the problem came back Reinserted plugged monitor cable turned on and it works Now I don t know whether its the graphic card or the slot Wonder if replacing it will work I m afraid that if I turn off the PC the problem will return Any help would be appreciated I never opened the CPU since for cleaning nbsp

A:Graphics card broken or is it the slot?

Hey Falconet. I think I would be far more likely that the graphic card is flaky since in your research the beeps point to the graphics card. If the slot were damaged, chances are you wouldn't get it to work at all, and since it worked one day and not the next, and since the slot itself won't break on it's own, I would suspect the card first. It wouldn't hurt to check both connection points of the cable the next time, although the beeps indicate the card's operation itself as not being right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken-or-is-it-the-slot.189593/
Relevancy 45.15%

For the past few days loading any 3d programs resulted in a freezing of the screen for 30 seconds or so. Lately, this has been replaced by very big graphics glitches forcing a restart. The last time, on boot, the screen had 6 green dashed lines. ( I think meaning fried video ram or something)

It did not want to go to to XP unless booted in safe mode.

Borrowed a friends old X1300 and it works. So definately a graphics card problem

Spec: P5K-E Wifi/ap
Asus 8800GTS 320MB
Intel C2D stock at 2.66 OCed to 3.5
2GB GeiL ram
NZXT lexa case

Just wondering what could have caused it.

Will probably replace with a 4850 but dont want it to happen again

Thanks!

A:Graphics card broken- what may have caused it?

Could be a number of things. Could be heat, could be lack of power, could be overclocking, could be an internal failure of the card - electronics like everything else will fail at some point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-broken-what-may-have-caused-it.774603/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello nvlddmkm.sys card and/or broken and/or dxgkrnl.exe guys and girls I am new to the forums as a registered user but I've been reading the forums nvlddmkm.sys and/or dxgkrnl.exe and/or broken card on certain occasions First of all english is not my mother tongue so please bear with me if I am writing something wrong I am posting here because I am looking for help or someone to point me in the right direction I was playing an old game on sunday morning Heroes of Might amp Magic when suddenly I had artifacts all over my screen and I got the infamous nvlddmkm sys-BSoD with Stop error and with looping sound This was the first BSoD on my Windows Home bit since approx months Last fresh installation was in October Since that BSoD i can reproduce this crash with a guarantee of everytime I start a D-application a game Desktop D works fine no problems at all So I started testing yesterday When I am alt-tabbing to desktop as soon as the artifacts graphical glitches appear I can see that I am having a TDR error nvlddmkm sys stopped working and has been restarted When I am not alt-tabbing fast enough I get the BSoD So I took a look at my dmp-file with NirSoft Bluescreen View and saw that I not only got an error with nvlddmkm sys but also with dxgkrnl exe Next step was to try and update my DirectX but I already had the newest version and no files were replaced thus I think that no files are corrupt I updated my NVIDIA drivers from WHQL to WHQL but that did not help at all I uninstalled the drivers used Driver Sweeper from D Guru to completely remove any NVIDIA files that were not uninstalled although I didn't do it in safe but in normal mode and reinstalled Error still persists I ran Memtest v for hours passes last night no error so I am pretty sure that my RAM is okay Neither RAM nor graphic card are overclocked My timings for the RAM is - - - and V Corsair says I shall use - - - and V but I can not set a lower number for Volt than in my BIOS Nevertheless I don't think that the difference between v and v is the problem since my system was stable and running since October My PSU is a beQuiet W so this is definately enough power to run the card I watched my temperatures voltage mhz etc with Everest Riva Tuner and GPU-Z voltage and mhz were all as recommended by the manufacturer Nvidia and idle temperature was C F rising to C F as soon as I started a game My graphic card was approx C F cooler in January when I last cleaned my PC so I guess the fan and everything else needs to be cleaned again but nevertheless the temps are still low enough that overheating seems not to be the problem CPU is at C F while idle btw A few minutes ago I used FurMark with the same result as soon as the quot fur-ring quot appeared - gt TDR error I have to add that I already had a GTX and that card broke months after the -year-warranty ended At that time I bought a new card - a GTS - which is running in my rig now As the old GTX broke it was a broken VRAM and the optical symptoms were the same Artifacts in D TDR errors etc BUT after a few days I also had those random artifacts in D even in BIOS So I got the card checked and indeed it was a broken VRAM So this is the reason why I am here With the described problem and the testing I already done I am leaning to another broken VRAM another broken card as the reason of my problem Which would suck because - can you guess - warranty on the card ended in April I was planning to buy a complete new system at the end of the year so to buy a new video card was not was I wanted to do Of course I hope that maybe the problem is not a hardware problem but a software problem and this is what I am looking for in your answers Software problem oder broken card Because this problem never appears while in D- Desktop-mode but everytime I switch to D- Gaming-mode I you need any more info or screenshots or attached dmp-files please let me know I really appreciate your time reading this and your answers Thank you in advance

A:nvlddmkm.sys and/or dxgkrnl.exe and/or broken card

There are several things that you can try..

1. run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt to verify the integrity of your system files..

2. Do a system restore to a point in time before you started having problems..

3. See if you can borrow a different gfx card just to test.... though a bad card is likely..

4. Do a repair install...

Let us know if you need further help and keep us informed..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83925-nvlddmkm-sys-dxgkrnl-exe-broken-card.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I have a T server or is it considered still a workstation which stopped one day with nbsp quot uncorrectable memory error in Riser DIMM quot I tried reseating the memory without success same error and after a few changes to the memory it has x GB modules from Hynix Rx PC L- T7500 broken Card Riser ? R it turns out it runs just fine when I remove all Riser Memory and only keep Motherboard modules My understanding is that this is not such a great memory configuration and so this morning after an overnight job which ran just fine I removed T7500 Riser Card broken ? DIMM and T7500 Riser Card broken ? from the MB and moved it to Riser DIMM and which I believe is an acceptable configuration A crash happened after about min with quot Uncorrectable memory error has been previously detected in RISER DIMM quot - This means that since the memory chip came from the MB that previously worked well overnight it is not the memory that is broken but the RISER Card perhaps Is this right If so can I plug a new one right in after I transfer the memory and the CPU from the old one Can this work BTW when this error occurs the system offers me to hit F for tests the memory tests run for a while until they freeze without any additional error message At this point I can do nothing but reboot the T7500 Riser Card broken ? hard way Thanks Lothar

A:T7500 Riser Card broken ?

lessertx has been previously detected in RISER DIMM 3
I'd interpret that to mean it's referring to the error before you swapped the RAM around, and the system may be "afraid" to use any module in riser DIMM slot 3.
You might want to clear the error logs. Not exactly sure how that's done on this model, but maybe by clearing BIOS:

Reboot and press F2 to open BIOS setup
Copy down all current settings
Power off and unplug
Press/hold power button for ~15 sec
Open case and remove motherboard battery
Press/hold power button for ~30 sec
Install RAM with 12 GB on motherboard and 12 GB on riser, in slots 1, 2, 3 on each
Reinstall battery
Close case and reboot
If you get any error messages at boot, open BIOS setup and make sure all settings match what you copied

I'd try that before replacing the riser card. And if that solves the problem, you can order replacement RAM, if you need it. Hope you know which module was in riser 3!  And you may have to buy more than one module so things match...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19978076
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi First of all I would like to say I have a LSI ware SA- CARD Solved: Broken RAID I Solved: Broken RAID CARD RAID card and yes I understand this is overkill but that s not the point here So I ve just recently Bought a RAID card the one I mentioned above and I m looking to do some nice RAID arrays possibly RAID or RAID Now my question is What happens if I m doing a RAID and the card breaks Would I be locked into that specific card and only be able to use that card for recovering my RAID or even just LSI Can I somehow use a third party program to recover the Files or just use Solved: Broken RAID CARD another RAID card what conditions if so ie same manufacture same Brand etc What if I were to just use RAID mirrored would the first drive be exactly the same as the other so I can just freely take that drive out and use it on another computer without any RAID Also If I had one Array of four drives and then had an extra one without raid where I could store backups Would that drive be affected or could I just easily take that drive out and then plug it into another computer without any problem either I m building a home NAS here and I was curious because I most likely rely on that storage solution for most of my file storage and if that breaks down then I ll be in a very tight squeeze I would be very thankful if someone could help me as soon as possible -Michael L nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Last night my monitor suddenly started to make strange images, so i thought the CPU had overheated thus opened it and let it cool down for a few minutes (yes, it was pretty hot when I opened it). After a new run, the problem persisted. So I let it stay for the night, and this morning when I turned the PC on still the same problem. So I take out the graphics card to have a look at it and find this:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9853/dscn0731r.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5653/dscn0732m.jpg

3 of the 10 silver thingies have popped out. I assume the graphics card belongs to the trash now, but just wanted to check with some pro people?

A:Graphics card, is it broken forever?

Yes that does look pretty broken to be honest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-is-it-broken-forever.850528/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone,

Over the last few months i have noticed my wireless internet on this PC deteriorating in download speeds. My speedtest results on this PC are around 2mb down, and close to 1mb up, shown here http://www.speedtest.net/result/2817704144.png
I used to be able to get around 5/6mb down on the PC.

On my laptop which is also connected through wireless, and in the same room as the PC, i can get around 6/7mb down, and around the same up (~1mb)

The wireless card i have in the PC is an Asus PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card, which is around 1.5 years old, with the up to date driver. I updated the driver few days ago, hoping it would help, but it hasnt.

I would like to know my options. Are there maybe some settings i could check or change?

Thanks for any help, let me know if you need more information.

A:Wireless card may be broken - need checklist

Hello,

Check the setting of your Asus adapter and try changing the wireless mode, if it's setup to a default which is a mixed mode, fiddle with the setting, try the N (if your router supports this mode), or G/N. You may do the same thing in your router's setting by changing the wireless mode.

Hope to hear back from you with an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296309-wireless-card-may-broken-need-checklist.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi i have IBM thinkpad T42 it has win Xp professional 32bit so after being dropped just a few days ago i has to format it due to a virus so i reinstalled everything but my wireless isn't working. My uncle suggested me that my wireless card is broken but i don't know currently i have installed a Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 2200 Bg network connection and Intel(R) pro/1000 mt mobile connection. if theres anything better or more suited for my laptop please leave a link or if it seems broken please tell so i can go get a new one.

Relevancy 45.15%

My laptop is almost 4 years old now, and things are failing right and left. The other day my built in wired network connection started acting up, and would disconnect itself and say 'cable unplugged'. My built in wireless works fine though. Recently the wired connection completely stopped working. Not even the network lights next to the plug turn on when connected to the router or my ethernet wall plug. I tried a new cable, didn't work. Please help!

Relevancy 45.15%

my friend gave me a graphic card ((ATI RADEON model AIW 8500dv. 64 mb i think)) anyways, so i put it in my comp and when i turned it on, it was black and said "no signal" so then, i checked out some forums and i disabled my current card ((SiS 630/730)) and then retried putting it in, but still no luck. is it the card thats broken? or is it not compatible with my comp? my comp doesnt have an agp slot so i stuck it in some other one, im pretty sure it was the right slot, since it was the only one that worked, anyways, any help would be great, thanks u guys.

A:is my graphic card broken? or is it my comp

unless you are clearly forcing it, the card is in the right slot (agp). in your mobo's bios, try setting promary video adapter to AGP instead of onboard, if not already done so. i had a 8500agp card and it worked fine for years. the the computer an OEM make (mass-produced prebuilt)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphic-card-broken-or-is-it-my-comp.36625/
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought a Nvidia Geforce gt some time ago and it ran perfectly for Broken Graphics Suddenly Card over a year with no problems until just recently it garbles all graphics when I use it I switched back to my integrated graphics card and my computer runs fine tried installing all the new drivers for it and remove reinsert it to find no difference I lost my receipt and box disk that my graphics card came with so this is my last resort before having to buy a new one I am running Windows Xp and I m using is a PCI-Express slot for my graphics card The Graphics Card Suddenly Broken exact things I see when I restart my computer are Gateway Logo no garbled graphics - gt red lines all over my screen - gt black screen and hearing the windows start up Graphics Card Suddenly Broken sound Using the nvidia card I can get into safe mode but the screen choosing safe mode is a series of garbled symbols When in safe mode i can browse my computer fine but the red lines are still in the background Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

I have a PC with an asus P X D-E motherboard and an i processor It had not booted for a long time and I put it in storage Yesterday I decided I was going to get it going again I bought a new w psu because I suspected that that was what was wrong with it I replaced that and it still didn t work I replaced the cr bios battery and still no boot I hit issues again... broken, fixed it, broken Boot Broken, the clr cmos button and and booted and I got some life After setting some of the settings in the bios correctly and booting a few more times Broken, broken, fixed it, broken again... Boot issues it was working fine I upgraded to Windows Broken, broken, fixed it, broken again... Boot issues over night shut it down in the morning and went to work Upon returning from work it won t boot it has been off the whole day I have replaced the bios battery again and gone through yesterday s fixes with no luck What am I missing nbsp

A:Broken, broken, fixed it, broken again... Boot issues

if u look thru the reviews u will see that motherboard is plagued with issues http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131641
i myself have had the misfortune of "trying" to work with x58 boards and have given up on a few!!!! not sure if x58 chipset was a problem but whenever i see a computer with it.... i run the other way!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-broken-fixed-it-broken-again-boot-issues.1171442/
Relevancy 44.72%
Relevancy 44.72%

First of all im pretty tech savy and usualy fix all mine and friends computer problems combo of experience and google used to be enough for everything This has me out of my depth at the moment tho When playing a video from HDD doesnt matter what player tried BS VLC the sound dissapears after a time Ive found out that at the same component unknown etc) Broken hardware chrashes, OS/ (video time streamed video on youtube or facebook loses crashes as well both stop playing and give error message that something went wrong Another symptom i found is that you cant pause unpause video played from HDD anymore it just doesnt start again If you reopen the file all is good again for a Broken OS/ unknown hardware component (video chrashes, etc) random period Tried reinstalling drivers and eventually also did a system image restore to some time a year ago but that installation was Broken OS/ unknown hardware component (video chrashes, etc) fine when the image was created it lasted me a year obviously Maybe but hopefully not relevant info hopefully because it would lead me to believe its hardware connected Before i did system restore i installed Tomb Rider over Steam tried to run it when i got a BSOD After the reboot following i got multiple missing dll errors after windows logon as well as reports of crashing programs like DropBox I was kidding around a bit trying to figure it out until i gave up few days later and restored image of state of clean install a year before Attached is a image of mentioned BSOD and my DxDiag for spec of the PC BSOD http postimg org image hv fczxvh DxDiag https www dropbox com s ydzx zfntoaf h DxDiag txt dl Any help or ideas of what to try MUCH appreciated Thanks lt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-os-unknown-hardware-component-video-chrashes-etc.1166261/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey Usually I can find an answer to my problems by looking through forums This is the first wierd. ports VERY Card? Broken Graphics on time I have had to use them SORRY for the Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. long post Its complicated Here is an introduction to my obscure pc About a year ago my power supply blew up and I couldn t afford a new one Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. so I used two old ones I had wasn t enough power and wired them together and got my computer working I just have to press two switches to turn it on Yes I know and I m getting a new psu in two weeks Recently My screen wouldn t turn on when I turned on the psus after months at Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. least of no problems but a few restarts fixed it Here is my problem I was playing oblivion with several like user-made mods All worked fine occasionally my pc would crash after half and hour to an hour of playing with a quick glimpse of a blue screen with white writing could have been bsod not too sure But I figured its my cpu or ram getting overloaded cos I am using high res texture packs A few days ago I went into a shop that I hadn t entered before and the screen got the purple textures and blocky trash everywhere im used to seeing it and the screen went completely red and then black I could still walk around and hear me interacting with stuff So i restarted and the screen wouldn t show anything Eventually I heard the windows startup sound and the graphics card was hot like it was still working Eventually just for fun I switched the monitor cord to the other DVI port It worked Now here s the funny part I decided to try and break it again So I loaded oblivion and went into the same save game and the same thing happened Now I can t get a picture at all I am borrowing someone elses gfx card at the moment I have tried everything Even a seperate power supply for the card BUT the card still gets hot and the pc still starts windows as if its working fine It appears to me like it is the DVI ports on the card that got broken who knows how software can do that I still havn t tried the extra tv-out port cos I don t have a tv with component-in to use Help I have tried everything I can think of EXCEPT putting my card in someone else s pc even took apart the card and cleaned the dust out I just don t have a spare pc with pci-e right now til next week sometime It has me totally stumped which is a first I have faith in you Thanks EDIT I tried putting my gfx card in my second pci slot while using the borrowed one in the first to see if I could diagnose the problem that way I went into device manager and it said quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot Problems How specific I don t know what rd party tools to use and the ones I have tried don t see it dxdiag doesn t see it either This is a massive post sorry again PC Specs AMD Athlon Ghz GB Ram GeForce GTS mb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-ports-on-graphics-card-very-wierd.901726/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi stupid stupid impatient me didnt take the time to look and took my vid card out because i thought maybe i might have to reseat it and in the process i broke the retainer clip on one side of the motherboard See image i did make an attempt to superglue it back but i stopped trying because i figured if i got that stuff someplace it should not be i would just make the issue worse and that would be stupid stupid stupid lol I dont think there is any real pressure there its just on clip Broken retainer motherboard vid card for for saftey i think the mount on the rear of the unit holds it really snug Broken retainer clip on motherboard for vid card so i dont think there is any real chance for it to vibrate loose but what do you all think I say no pressure because it sure was easy to break off there Can that clip itself be replaced without replacing the female connection It kind of looks like the swing arm snaps in there but i didnt want to try to pry it out So to explain that clip you see on the pic the bottom of it just has a strait bar swing arm attached like clip o the slash is where it broke one end is connected to the female connection and the other to the clip and it swivels it broke clean off on one end on the bottom of the clip side not the board side thanks

A:Broken retainer clip on motherboard for vid card

The main function of that clip, in my opinion, is to assist people in seating the card all the way into the slot. It may also serve as a safety lock to avoid dislodging the card while moving stuff around inside the box, or while transporting the PC.

So I think you can live without the clip. You will just need to check for proper seating from time to time, just like in the old days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352512-broken-retainer-clip-motherboard-vid-card.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I have a HDMI cable for my monitor, with a nvidia graphic card...

but now I have a big doubt, I dont know if my motherboard's graphic card's imput is not working anymore or if its my graphic's card after a FLASHY BLACKOUT today...

my nvidia control panel is not working anymore... whenever I try using VGA or HDMI with my graphic card it doesnt show any sign in the screen... so im currently using my normal VGA motherboard's imput...

I tried using an old graphic card and its not working, I tested the VGA cable and HDMI cable and they are working perfectly...

yet, after I set the graphic card in the slot, the fan it start working, if I unplug the graphic card but leave the curent cable, it doesnt start the fan so I guess the motherboard's imput is working

so idk what's the problem here, I have all the drivers and everythign was working perfectly before the blackout

A:Broken motherboard slot or graphic card

Well... its too late and soon for expect an answer but...

I tested my graphic card in an old motherboard and it was working... it didnt load windows cuz of the diferent motherboard but connecting my VGA in my gpu worked, and the HMDI didnt work I guess because it need to be configured after windows loading etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-motherboard-slot-or-graphic-card.212639/
Relevancy 44.72%
Relevancy 44.72%

hello everyone i broken aux cable conect to wireless in laptop hp eleite book 840g3 can conect to wireless !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/broken-aux-cable-on-wireless-card-laptop/td-p/5648698
Relevancy 44.72%

I get an empty Bluescreen when playing D games mostly after a quite short time but some games screen: graphics card broken? Blue I can play up to a few hours When I start a DMark test the Bluescreen appears immediately after the first frame The event viewer displays the following error codes f d At the beginning some E errors appeared but I didn t find them Blue screen: graphics card broken? in the last Bluescreens Specs of the yr old PC Asrock K NF -RAID RAID disabled Athlon XP Barton x MHz Sapphire Radeon Pro GB MHz DDR-RAM GB WD HDD GB Maxtor Blue screen: graphics card broken? HDD Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic The Bluescreens also happen without overclocking The Bluescreens appears since two days after installing my new Zalman CPU-Cooler and like I said just when I play games with newer D graphic Memtest and Prime ran hours long without any problems or bluescreens I already Blue screen: graphics card broken? formatted the PC and reinstalled Windows with the newest drivers for all devices but I also tried it with older ones without soundcard etc but the problem is still existing So I expect the graphic card to be broken but I just want to be sure before buying a new one Would be great if someone can say for sure which part is broken or what I could do to test it further Best Regards Manuel Edit added Minidump nbsp

A:Blue screen: graphics card broken?

It's the drivers, not the video card. See the following thread for the same crash and a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114470.html

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+107e58 )
Image name: ati3duag.dll Timestamp: Wed Sep 24 10:54:14 2008 (48D99DC6)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-graphics-card-broken.117180/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi so i got onto my desktop computer "its not the laptop in my info"
When i logged in i found that the internet didnt connect, i checked in the back of the computer to see if it was something wrong with the cable or if it got unplugged somehow, i then noticed that the lamps that use to flash like crazy on the ethernet connector didnt give of any light, it used to flash in like orange and green, but this time nothing, i restarted the computer and nothing happened? i have a tiny pci slot left not a short and long, its a short short pci, so should i buy a network card or should i just give up the desktop computer and start using my laptop again, i dont whant to use my laptop becouse i sent it in for service becouse my fan failed.

A:I suspect my motherboard network card is broken, what do i do?

Hey Sisrace. Before buying a new Network card, first check if the drivers are installed for the network card or not. IF after installing the drivers, still you get no light. Then, yes just buy a new card (they are cheap as well).

P.S What motherboard are you using in the desktop?

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299097-i-suspect-my-motherboard-network-card-broken-what-do-i-do.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Here s my situation I have had this rig for about years so it s not unlikely the card is fried but here sure how card possibly check to not broken, Graphics s my dilemma I just reinstalled windows so I could play Star Wars The old republic Everything was working fine until today Graphics card possibly broken, not sure how to check I logged in and suddenly when playing the game became unplayable due to low fps I was playing very smoothly on max settings before this for a week System specs are WIndows ultimate Radeon HD GB Corsair DDR Abit I Pro MB GB HDD Even on the game when I put it to lowest settings it doesn t increase the FPS How can I test it to find out what the problem is or even to find out if it s broken I plan to reinstall windows as a last resort I also did a stress test on Counter Strike Source not long ago and got FPS on everything maxed so I m going to try that again and see what my results are I got an average of FPS on furmark with full screen which gave me an overall score of The website scores my card way above that so I m not sure what to do I have updated drivers Thanks nbsp

A:Graphics card possibly broken, not sure how to check

With that many miles on it, I would just change out now... you will quickly see that nothing lasts for ever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-possibly-broken-not-sure-how-to-check.174918/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just installed an old ati 4600 series card and the text on screen is sometimes blurry or missing parts of the letters. On my last pc I had Catalyst control center or something like that and had no problems. This time I have AMD VISION control center and can't figure what setting is causing the broken letters. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I put this in the wrong place, someone please move it. Thank you in advance for any help.

A:Solved: ati card, blurry or broken text

Adding a pic with two screenshots so you know what I mean. At the top you will see a lot of the text is messed up and on the bottom it doesn't mess up till the last thread "Troubleshooting guide for "Problem builds."". The only thing I did between them was refresh the page in Firefox.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ati-card-blurry-or-broken-text.1097121/
Relevancy 44.72%

So, my Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter is supposedly N- specifications, but it only receives 64 or 65 Mbps. my router does more than that for sure, at least 130mbps. I cannot tell my exact router model because it is not accessible to me. My computer is a gateway MD2619u. Any ideas on how to up my speed??

Relevancy 44.72%

I have several of these and am upgrading these to Windows 10.  But the main irritation is that the SD card reader is no longer working after the upgrade.  Installing the Realtek drivers from here doesn't help either.  Pushing an SD card into the reader pops up a drive F but the drive is not accessible, and the system goes into mollasses mode AKA "green ribbon of death" when trying to access my computer in Windows explorer. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Of course HP doesn't have anything for Win10, so we are on our own. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/DV7-SD-Card-Reader-broken-after-upgrade-to-Windows-10/td-p/5703634
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I recently received a ATI Radeon XT Graphics Radeon ATI (and broken HOT! 9800 Graphics fan) Card XT Card from a friend because he no longer needed it I freshly installed it into my computer and installed that software provided with ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan) it I notice the fan was making alot of noise although it was still running fine just noisy like the bearing was bad I shut down the computer and unplugged power cords When i go to take the graphics card ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan) out it is very hot all over the card and at first it was even hard to touch the card This was after running the card for - hours So once it cools down I disassemble the fan and give the bearing a little grease job and clean the dust and debris off the fan etc I put the back motor piece of the fan back on and then I try to take it off again and the metal peg that is attached to just the fan breaks and detaches from the fan Is there a website or store that sells just the replacement fan for this graphics card or an alternative I also wanted to know why the graphics card is running so hot Thank you nbsp

A:ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan)

I would cuss out your friend if he/she didn't tell you it was a defective card
to begin with.
its running hot because the heatsink on the video card has quite working.

about fixing it. look at the back of the card and see if you can see any
heat damage to the circuit board. if so---ITS toast.

if you can find a new heatsink and fan for your video card.
I wouldn't reliy on the card to last a long time.
your friend probably ran it for awhile with it making noises,
so this shortened the life expectancy of the card.

RUNNING 6 HOURS WITH IT SO HOT IT BURN YOUR HAND PROABLY
DIDN'T DO YOUR MOTHERBOARD ANY GOOD EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-radeon-9800-xt-graphics-card-hot-and-broken-fan.710303/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi guys, I turned on my pc to find the resolution stuck at its minimum and color stuck at 4 bit, it had what looked like scan lines on the screen and colors gone crazy, I deleted drivers, uninstalled drives, even booted a fresh windows, and still the same, its a nvidia geforce 8400 gs card with in Intel machine, I can't text for anything more from home, looking for an opinion before giving it to a shop, could be card be dead? Thanks for any help, sorry for no screen shots or formatting I'm doing this from phone

A:graphic adapter/card broken? or monitor problem?

That sounds like a video card dying. Try another monitor if you have one to be sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-adapter-card-broken-or-monitor-problem.1074729/
Relevancy 44.29%

http://www.uxsight.com/product/45675/usb-music-lead-sound-tide-audio-controller.html
model : HY554

This is the sound card I bought for my laptop (Dell Inspirion E1505; about 4 years old) since its internal sound card broke. Within 1 day, the USB broke. I don't understand why the manufacturers would decide to create removable plastic coverings over the metals and wires - the top plastic can easily come off, and it's happened before but I just stick it back together. The next day, I'm unable to hear audio play through my earphones/speaker via the USB. I got it for $13 + tax at a cheap chinese tech store. (I went to a different chinese tech store too but it sold the exact same thing for a higher price)

I don't understand what went wrong for the metals and wires for the whole USB to not work anymore. can I fix this?

A:Can I fix a broken USB 3D Sound card (audio/microphone adapter)?

Buy new ones. Cost is less for replacement than the cost of fixing. Look for better qualtiy. Consider doing a gurgle search or go to TigerDirect,com, Directron.com, Frys.com, TechSpot.com or any of the hundred other computer parts places... or, of course, eBay, or BestBuy

They build them cheap, so you can buy them cheaply... but better ones are commonly available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-fix-a-broken-usb-3d-sound-card-audio-microphone-adapter.150659/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi - here are my PC details Following and PC Audio Graphics card Broken Crash Issues PC was purchased from PC World in Jan Advent T SYSTEM MODEL DIXONSXP MS- Enclosure Type Desktop Processor Type Pentium gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Operating System Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack build Main Circuit Board Board MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Memory Modules Megabytes Installed Memory Audio Issues Following Broken Graphics card and PC Crash Slot 'A ' has MB Slot 'A ' has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter Samsung SyncMaster Monitor quot vis s n H XQ January Multimedia ASUSTeK Virtual Audio Issues Following Broken Graphics card and PC Crash Capture Device VIA High Definition Audio - VIA VT UAA Other Devices Asus Video D Device Standard -Key or Microsoft Audio Issues Following Broken Graphics card and PC Crash Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub x RAM Memory GB DDR RAM Hard Disk Capacity GB Optical Drive Multi-Format Dual layer DVD Re-Writer Drive Plug In removable No Sound Card Channel Onboard Graphics Memory mb Graphics Description ATI Radeon X SE -in- Media Card Reader USB Connections quot AL TFT Monitor quot Samsung SyncMaster BW LCD Monitor A couple of days ago I was gaming on my PC when both of my monitor screens froze At the time I was also using Ventrilo Chat and this just kept repeating the last secs of someones comment who i was talking to I could do nothing with the PC and had to hold down the main power button on the front of the base unit to turn off I tried to turn on again and could hear the system booting up beeps etc and fan going and could see power was going to the unit However I had no views on either of my two screens To turn off I had to press the power button again - I knew the system had booted because the system did not turn straight away on the pressing of the button I then began my investigation - I tried to change my monitors around on the back ports of the graphics card to see if that made a difference but it didn't I focused my attention on the graphics card because I didn't have any screens I disconnected my VGA lead from the graphics card and attached it to the onboard graphics port that had a screwed cover on The monitor had a screen and I was back online This told me there was an issue with my original graphics card - ATI Radeon X SE I purchased a new graphics card installed the drivers from the manufacturers disc and plugged it in - NVIDIA GeForce GT Both my screens were up and running and I had resolved the issue However now I had no sound I researched on google and checked the following things Checked my speakers - Unplugged and plugged back in Made sure the connections were in the right place and not damaged Made sure they were plugged in and there was power Checked my speakers were on and had power to them Checked the volume control and that they were not muted Checked in Device Manager that there weren't any issues i e exclamation marks next to the devices All seemed fine but I couldn't hear any sounds I went into the accessories gt entertainment section and tried recording a sound I could see it recording waves but when i played back I could not hear anything I tried to play music in Winamp but no sound even though the play time was rolling I have spent around three hours on this today and whilst googling the issues I finally came across a post on this website where somebody had the same PC and same issues but they had gone down a different path of power supply connections etc http www techsupportforum com micr t-problem html I am sure they had the same issues but there was no finish to the post and I am hoping somebody can help me I am thinking I might need to update my audio drivers but am a bit lost as to where I would get them and how I know which ones are correct... Read more

A:Audio Issues Following Broken Graphics card and PC Crash

What does Device Manager show under Sound, video and game controllers?

In should show your actual sound card. Example: SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio Driver

If it shows the generic Windows compatible device, your correct sound card drivers are NOT installed.

Windows will install generic drivers for cards/chipsets it recognizes, and New Hardware Wizard nor Update drivers work because Windows does not see "new" hardware.

For sound cards, you likely need to run an actual setup from the CD for your PC (for on-board sound card) or the CD that came with your PCI sound card. This will install both drivers and supporting control utilities.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-issues-following-broken-graphics-card-and-pc-crash-273994.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I just placed a 7900gtx on a fairly old computer. I connected the card with the extra power cable and everything but as soon as i start the computer i get no picture, there's nothing on screen. The fan on the card is spinning and i can feel it getting warm, also i hear the loading sound through speakers so window loads up fine. I have an integrated graphic card so my computer is still usable, but i can't game or anything with it. I was just wondering if its the card or the pci-ex16 slot thats broken.

my specs, its an mdg computer

intel motherboard, d101ggc http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d101ggc/index.htm

2gb of ram ddr400
500watt power supply with 28a on the 12v rail
250gb hardrive
18X DVD-RW drive