Windows Support Forum

Laptop Keyboard & Auxilary Keyboard not working

Q: Laptop Keyboard & Auxilary Keyboard not working

My grandmother was in the middle of typing an email. When she hit the shift key to make a capital letter, a box about sticky keys came up, and now neither keyboard will work. She has restarted the computer, unplugged/re-plugged in the auxilary keyboard, (before, even with the auxilary keyboard plugged in, she could still use the laptop keyboard), pressing the scroll lock key didn't do anyting either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Kirsten

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-auxilary-keyboard-not-working.829998/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop Keyboard & Auxilary Keyboard not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.02%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 79.12%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 79.12%

As I wrote in the title, my Shift and Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts. However, the Shift key still works when capitalizing letters.

I've been dealing with this problem off/on for the past two weeks and haven't been able to figure it out. I've gone into Ease of Access features and turned on/off all of the available options (Mouse Keys, Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys, Filter Keys). I've pressed Shift for 8 seconds, and pressed it 5 times, and still haven't been able to correct it.

Thank you in advance for any help offered.

Possibly helpful additional information:
I've got a Spanish/Latin American keyboard layout installed in addition to the US English keyboard layout. I toggle back and forth with Left Alt + Shift (which is how I noticed my Shift key stopped working).
I play a game whose controls rely on a lot of Shift key pressing and holding.

A:Keyboard - Shift & Alt keys stopped working for keyboard shortcuts

When was the last time you used a can of air cleaner on the keyboard? If it isn't from contact wear often keyboards tend to get loaded up with dust and debris!

One example of that is having any snacks onhand around a pc where little bits get passed along from your fingers onto and under the keys themselves. Keyboards are known to get loaded up fast with any foods present!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107137-keyboard-shift-alt-keys-stopped-working-keyboard-shortcuts.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,
I'm having problems with my All-in-One Keyboard on Windows 8.1(64 bit): it doesn't accept input both from keyboard and touchpad at same time (can't walk in a FPS game while looking with mouse, for example).
Is this a product's limitation or should it work?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/083f7b45-ee31-4884-822b-46f92b822c20/microsoft-all-in-one-media-keyboard-keyboard-and-touchpad-both-at-once-not-working?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 78.26%

My husbands ASUS touch screen laptop-keyboards are not working I know it has windows Core i intel inside Like I said it is a touchscreen and neither the hardware keyboard or touch screen keyboard will do any thing well it is like the computer understands i am doing something with the keyboard but not typing Ex i will type and the curser line will do nothing but suddenly go like an italicized line The mouse works and the touch screen works keyboard keyboard AND Touch screen hardware not working but I cannot type anything I have wiggled the keys thinking maybe something is stuck but no help also Touch screen keyboard AND hardware keyboard not working I have restored it to its factory settings thinking maybe he accidentally set some keyboard sleep command or something We are both not smart at this and again it is not my computer he has it for work so who knows what he did to it But yeah after restore it still wouldn t work and now I am stuck at the registration quot getting started quot windows and I cannot bypass them or don t know how to without being about to type The last it worked he said he cleaned it with pressurized air so I don t know if that was too much for the keys if he actually blew dirt into it or what strange thing could have happened but the fact that both touch screen and actual keyboard aren t working I am left stumped I hope I gave enough information on the computer It has that surface windows he normally just uses the desk top mode Ok thank you for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touch-screen-keyboard-and-hardware-keyboard-not-working.1110262/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys, Something really strange started happening two days ago. Out of the blue the following keys stopped working: GHBackspaceWindows [email protected]' The laptop is a couple of years old and a bit dusty, so I took it to the local shop to get the keyboard replaced and cleaned. Seemed to be working fine when I left the shop. Then, a little while ago the space key and P stopped. Five minutes later they started working again but ctrl stopped and N is temperamental. I haven't spilt anything on it or knocked it. Any ideas what's going on?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-Random-Keys-Not-Working-Despite-Change-of-Keyboard/td-p/5830899
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All,

My laptop had a blue screen and keyboard stops working as well, I plugged the external keyboard and re-install the windows, now half of the keys are working and half dosent.

I am wondering has the kyboard damaged, I am also not sure if the I replace the keyboard will it work?

is there any settings in bios or any utility can fix the problem, could some one please advise?

Thanks
Nysoh

A:Keyboard stops working - USB external keyboard is fine

Hello Nysoh

On this virtual way nobody can say for sure what the problem is but if the internal keyboard is not working properly first step is keyboard replacement. If the problem still persists then troublemaker can be keyboard port or keyboard controller.

As far as I know BIOS has nothing to do with this issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62419-Keyboard-stops-working-USB-external-keyboard-is-fine
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 77.83%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

A:laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 76.97%

My HP 530 laptop keyboard has stop working. I've tried installing a new OS with all the HP530 drivers installed, but still doesn't work. I noticed dat when I turn on onscreen keyboard, my Shift keys worked fine and if I press d caps lock on d OSK, d light activates. Just recently the keyboard worked just fine, I don't know why, and after I restarted my system, the keyboard no longer works. Pls I need help cos I can't type anymore with my keyboard

A:HP 530 laptop Keyboard not working

Welcome,
Try plugging in another keyboard to see if keyboard is defective.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291738-hp-530-laptop-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I own a gateway laptop and the keyboard is not working,the only letters that show are just above the spacebar. Any ideas what might be the cause?
Thank you,keg

A:Laptop keyboard not working

Was any liquid spilled on the keyboard? Did it suddenly stop working, or did you shut it off one day and it stopped working on the next power up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-not-working.161536/
Relevancy 76.97%

Well i know why it isn't working. Friend of mine split his drink on it. Well i have taken it apart and tried to clean it and when i plug the keyboard in it starts typing things like i has sticky keys of course but i cant backspace or get it to stop.

Now on the motherboard the plug in for the keyboard ribbon does have stuff split on it and dried but it seems to still function what im trying to find out. Does anyone think the problem will be solved with a new keyboard or do i need a new motherboard. let me know what ya think thanks!

A:laptop keyboard not working?

anyone want to throw out a suggestion?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working.727676/
Relevancy 76.97%

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have a Asus Eee laptop with Windows XP and for a while my keyboard has been mesing up. At first it was just sometimes my number keys did the wrong things. Like 1 would preform the F1 function and 5 would do the same for F5. Now out of the blue my 0, u, i, o, p, j, k, l, and m keys do not work right. Instead I get *, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 0. These are also on the keys and I am not sure how this happened or how to get the keys to work normally. I am using my onscreen keyboard to type this and any help would be apreiated.

A:My Laptop Keyboard Is Not Working Right

Look around for something called Num LOCK and try to disable it. My dell laptop it takes to press the num lk key. Sometimes you might need to press the FN key and press the num lk (num lock)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-keyboard-is-not-working-right.849157/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a friend who's laptop keyboard suddenly stopped working a couple of days ago.
She has an Acer Aspire 3100 running windows XP home addition.
On top of the keyboard not working it is up able to connect to microsoft update.
Also the computer won't shut down most times unless the battery is removed and replaced.
I have done a virus scan and it didn't find any virus's.
If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

A:Laptop Keyboard not working

One additional thing is that the keyboard does work during boot up and in the bios setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working.722883/
Relevancy 76.97%

I m working on a Toshiba Satellite L D-S It s running Vista Home Premium It was brought to me because the keyboard doesn t work Then things got weird Here s a quick rundown of the on not working laptop. Keyboard symptops I ve uncovered so far The keyboard does not work in normal mode The keyboard does not work in safe mode The keyboard DOES work outside windows BIOS F menu etc USB keyboards ALSO do not work Other USB devices work fine Everything else seems to work fine And some of the steps I ve already taken Uninstalled the keyboard from Device Manager and rebooted The keyboard picked back up next boot No effect Ran system restore from a few days go No effect Ran sfc scannow Passed OK no effect Ran chkdsk f r Passed OK no effect Disabled all startup items and services No effect Currently I m running a system restore back to about a month ago I m not really sure where to go from here This is seriously the first computer I ve Keyboard not working on laptop. worked on in the Keyboard not working on laptop. past few years to completely stump me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422541/keyboard-not-working-on-laptop/
Relevancy 76.97%

Starting off, I don't know much about computers.
Mkay, my father's Toshiba laptop's keyboard isn't working. I've rebooted, I've tried to get into the BIOS and it doesn't respond, I've smashed my head against the wall, and I'm pretty sure that it's a hardware issue at this point. I also get an error message "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable".

So, what should I do?

The message you are getting means the laptop can't boot from the hard drive and is looking for other options. The fact that the keyboard doesn't work and you can't get into BIOS doesn't sound good. Of course the keyboard not working will prevent you from getting into BIOS. Is the laptop battery fully charged and have you tried it with the AC adatper also? Is the laptop still under warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working.591826/
Relevancy 76.97%

Some of the key in the laptop is not working i brought the new keyboard but i still have the same problem. when i connect the external keyboard like desktop one they works fine. can anyone able to help me with this problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Laptop-keyboard-is-not-working/td-p/450620
Relevancy 76.97%

Recently, my keyboard stopped working. I am currently using an on screen keyboard, so sorry if I'm not writing well. I have looked up drivers for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 9300), but nothing seems to help. The only things I can think of in terms of weird behavior is that startup is slower than usual, and system restore doesn't work. I appreciate any help.

A:Laptop Keyboard Not Working

Did you reinstall the drivers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92928/laptop-keyboard-not-working/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 laptop. My keyboard has suddenly lost all functionality. I'm unable to even get the Caps Lock light to come on. Is it possible I've accidentally disabled the keyboard somehow or is the keyboard itself likely shot? Thanks.

Attach an external keyboard. Does the external work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working.1153973/
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm working on a laptop and the keyboard, USB ports, and mouse pad are all not working. There are lights on the keyboard, but no buttons work. The keyboard responds when in BIOS, but not Windows. The hard drive has been wiped to prepare for a fresh Windows install, but since I can't use any input methods I can't install because I can select any options at the beginning of the install. Could this be something unplugged on the motherboard? Maybe a failing cpu (not actually computing the keystrokes)? I'm scratching my head over here. Thanks.

Relevancy 76.97%

Recently I had to wipe my laptop clean to get rid of a virus. Upon reinstalling Windows XP I had hundreds of updates. After the last round of updates my keyboard works to hit enter when I am starting it up and it asks me if I want to start normally or in safe mode but after that it will not work for me to put my password in. Any ideas on a solution besides tossing out the window? The computer is about a four year old Gateway.

Do you have a keyboard you could plug in? Also, make sure you don't have one of those funny [FN] keys locked, you might have disabled the keyboard by accident. If you are unsure, shut it down, unplug the power cord, then remove the battery for a minute. Hook everything back up, that might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-not-working.158845/
Relevancy 76.97%

I had a weird .exe file running in processes after using google and I couldn't end it. My computer was slow and it seemed like another google direct virus. I tried running virus scanners, but they would shut down or wouldn't open. I came here as I've before and saw a topic with the same problem and ran combofix, but lost internet connection while doing so. My screen was frozen when my connection came back. I had to shut down. I tried to run it a couple more times but it froze. After a few reboots to safe and regular modes, trying to run virus scanners, I noticed my keyboard doesn't respond.

I managed to reinstall and run a virus scanner that removed viruses, but keyboard still doesn't work.

Relevancy 76.97%

Today i turned on my G73JH today and my keyboard is not working, I have windows 8.1 and had to use the on screen keyboard to type anything in. The keyboard works fine when i press F2 to go into the bios and and can navigate around the bios no problem. Anyone else having this problem?.

You could try the quickie fix of opening Device Manager in Safe Mode, and deleting the keyboard device. On reboot it should detect the hardware and reinstall the drivers. If that doesn't work I would look for a restore point just before the last Windows Update if you have automatic updates enabled.

If neither of those cases apply I would try to download and install the latest drivers directly from the manufacturer's page.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/44691-laptop-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Laptop Keyboard not working properly when I press keys then it types 2-3 other characters, so is it possible to replace my laptop keyboard.Model: Aspire es1-512-c162

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Laptop-keyboard-not-working-is-it-possible-to-replace-keyboard/td-p/455929
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi...mother in laws laptop so bare with me....

Compaq Presaro CQ42..
Window 7 Home Premium
Service pack 1
Keyboard doesnt work, will work if in safe mode, will not work in safe mode with networking.....
runs norton 360, internet by usb and wireless network at my house
have tried reinstaling driver......all windows updates current and nortons up to date...grrrrr
gone through HP help and done a bios update......
tried diagnostic start up....still not working....
Any suggestions??????
thx di

A:keyboard not working on laptop...pls help

Please do not double-post. Read the rules.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1029734-keyboard-laptop-not-working-pls.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-not-working-on-laptop-pls-help.1029735/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A which I havent been using for a long time and recently started working with When I m booting up i can access the bios settings by pressing esc My keyboard Laptop's working? isn't and then f and while in bios i can press a and c basically my keyboard works My Laptop's keyboard isn't working? fine in bios and before booting up But after I get into windows the left side of the keyboard doesnt work anymore The keys include everything left of y h n space bar and keys near the backspace area I tried changing the num lock and the other fn settings but none of them seems to work I tried changing the settings in the My Laptop's keyboard isn't working? bios but that doesnt seem to work either unless theres a method that i missed The keys doesnt work regardless if num lock is on My Laptop's keyboard isn't working? or off Only thing that worked for me is that when I turn num lock on and hold a and z together all the keys can be typed and keyboard works normally aside from having to keep on holding the keys I also noticed that when i do this the light for num lock switches on to off or if it was off it turns on This problem happens when i install both windows and xp so it shouldn t be the os s problem Any advice nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi there, I don't know if I'm posting in the right place or not...

I just got a new laptop last night. It is a brand new Toshiba Satellite L745-S4110. I have been using it for a couple hours this morning perfectly fine. Now all of a sudden my keyboard isn't working right. It won't type, but the keys are performing other functions. For example, when I hit the G key or the F key, the search page box comes up. When I hit the N key, a new internet window opens. W closes the internet. R refreshes the page. This is really weird.... How can I fix it? Thanks!

Relevancy 76.97%

Samsung laptop on vista..only able to use on screen keyboard...Checked status through device manager says keyboard working correctly but i cant type anything.Std ps/2 keyboard.Tried system restore with no luck.Connected another keyboard but still same problem. The only keys that do anything are shift,cntrl, caps lock and enter...Any ideas how to sort it out or do i need to update the driver for it even though it states its working properly...

Relevancy 76.97%

laptop is msi vr600

using oncreen KB, so excuse spelling and abruptness (no usb kb in house)

came to find my kb not responding, or touchpad (using usb mouse)
under device manager, nothing at all listed for keyboard. only this mouse under 'human int dev'

then my daughters kitten has been sitting on it too

wheredo i find drivers or fixthis?

i f'n hate thisoncreen kb

garrrrrrrrrrrrr

A:laptop keyboard not working

A cat sitting on a keyboard doesn't cause a driver problem. It causes a hardware problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working.898180/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello All I am new to this forum and I am not entirely sure if this is the proper subforum but to the point Recently I have been incredibly stressed out as my laptop is for all intensive purposes unusable Pressing keys does nothing When you click on a file it opens file details instead of the file USB Keyboards don't work However I had found that if I turn the laptop of hold the power button for approximately seconds turn the laptop on spam esc at the HP Screen everything works properly for about minutes then stops working again Clearly it is not a physical issue I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated drivers countless times to no effect I even completely reformatted my hard working not Keyboard Laptop drive Laptop Keyboard not working and clean installed Windows Worked for about a half hour then back to the usual I am entirely stressed out as I need my laptop for school plus just the luxury of having a laptop Anyone who can possibly help thank you in advance because I am truly stumped Cheers

Sounds like a Windows Update is causing the problem to me. After you did the clean install, did you do updates? If so, uninstall the last ones you did, see if that helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/70562-laptop-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm using on-screen keyboard. Lost internet connection while running combo fix for virus. Combo fix freezes after a few mins of running. THen noticed keyboard wasn't resonding. IBM thinkpad. Help!

A:Laptop keyboard not working

I'm using on-screen keyboard. Lost internet connection while running combo fix for virus.Hi and sorry about your problem -This highlights one of the prime reasons that Combofix should not be used without expert supervision.Combofix is not a way to search for infections, but a tool that should only be used by experts for certain infections.Your Antivirus and Antimalware programs are your prime area to use to find and cure most common problems.Combofix can freeze your system if at any time the keyboard (screen) or your mouse is touched during operation of the tool.You may notice that I refer to it as a Tool and Not a Scanner, as without full training, you can cause this problem to occur.Can you remember the specific infection that you were trying to find / repair, or were you just searching -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424016/laptop-keyboard-not-working/
Relevancy 76.97%

Last night, I was doing mom's paper works in my laptop when the keys suddenly stopped functioning. I have no idea what happened. I tried restarting it several times but it's still not working. I also checked the driver for the keyboard and the keyboard's status in the device manager but it says it's working properly.
I remembered installing a software before the keys stopped working. Will uninstalling that software solve my problem? Also, I've never spilled anything on my keyboard so I'm pretty sure the problem's not in the hardware(keyboard). Scanned it for viruses too. Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance.

btw, my laptop's a Toshiba satellite L700.

A:Laptop keyboard not working. Need help!

Since you have recently installed some software, and then this problem occurred, I would say that this program is the problem. Instead of uninstalling the program, I would do a system restore. Go to the start icon in the left hand corner, and in the search bar, type system restore. (Since you keyboard doesn't work and you might not have an external keyboard for it, do this. Go to start icon. Go all programs. Go to accessories. Go to system tools. Choose System Restore). This will bring up system restore, and you need to click on it. You can use the recommended system restore point, but if it isn't far enough back, you will want to "choose a different restore point." Make sure the restore point is right before you installed the program, or as close to it as you can get. There should be a restore point right before you installed the program, though. The description usually tells you why the restore point was created, so if you see the name of the program in the description, then that is the restore point you want to choose. It will take you to the point right before you installed the program. After system restore finishes, you should no longer have that program on your computer anymore, and you keyboard should be working now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working-need-help.1086184/
Relevancy 76.97%

Compaq Presaro CQ42..
Window 7 Home Premium
Service pack 1
Keyboard doesnt work, will work if in safe mode, will not work in safe mode with networking.....
have tried reinstaling driver......all windows updates current and nortons up to date...grrrrr
Any suggestions??????
thx di

A:keyboard not working on laptop

You have triple-posted. Please read the rules.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1029734-keyboard-laptop-not-working-pls.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-not-working-on-laptop.1029622/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have an HP Envy x369, fairly new I got it last year. I opened it up today, only to realize the keyboard was messed up. The "X" key acts as the volume increase key and types in 2 characters, which I can't see when I try to log into my laptop. I have no idea what characters are actually being typed, but I can't log into my laptop and I really need help because I have finals this week and everything I need to study is on my laptop..

A:My laptop's keyboard isn't working right, please help.

x360*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptops-keyboard-isnt-working-right-please-help.1170640/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi every one Day before yesterday I bought an external usb keyboard for my laptop I just wanted to improve my typing thats why I bought an external usb keyboard because its very hard to use laptop's keyboard for fast typing Before plug in external keyboard I noticed that every thing was fine I mean my laptop's keyboard was functioning well and also after plug in it was functioning well I don't know what happened after half an hour I notice that my laptop's keys are not functioning properly When I press '' i '' it shows ''o'' shows '' p '' shows '' j '' shows '' keyboard not working Laptop's is k '' shows '' l '' shows '' Laptop's keyboard is not working m '' shows zero But external usb keyboard was functioning well I plug out the external usb keyboard but the problem was same Then I reboot the system Laptop's keyboard is not working but still it was the same problem I checked its driver and it is showing this is working properly Am I facing the problem due to external usb keyboard or something else Please help me to fix this problem

A:Laptop's keyboard is not working

Hello Jituagni, welcome to the Seven Forums.

It sounds as if your laptop is using a part of the normal keyboard as numerical keypad instead of having it separately. If this is the case, simply press the Num Lock key to switch between letters and numbers.

Kari

EDIT: Found this, it might help you to better understand what I mean:

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ur-laptop.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242788-laptops-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Compaq Presaro CQ42..
Window 7 Home Premium
Service pack 1
Any suggestions??????
thx di

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-on-laptop-not-working-pls-help.1029734/
Relevancy 76.97%

My hp laptop keyboard was working perfectly ....now some of the keys and numbers including bluetooth device are not workning unable to use dem

Please assist

A:laptop keyboard not working

Hi and welcome to TSF can you go to the hp support page for your model and download the touch pad package and reinstall it, if need be use another computer and put it on a usb flash drive and transfer to your computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-not-working-682396.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Have a HP nc6400 laptop
I have not been able to use my keyboard and in device manager I get a yellow exclamation. It says that there are not enough resources!!!!! But not sure what to disable ?
Resource settings show two red I/O range setting 0060-0060 the second red bar shows 0064-0064
The blue IRQ setting is 01!
The two red bar show conflicting device list Synaptics PS/ 2 port touch pad and the 0060 0064 #s
I hope I have expl-ned this well thanks

A:Code 12 keyboard error ps/2. Keyboard not working

Will an external PS2 keyboard work correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-keyboard-error-ps-2-keyboard-not-working.129546/
Relevancy 76.54%

ok so i m forced to use this onscreen keyboard because my keyboard suddenly stopped working tried switching it with another one i know works and had the same problem with it so keyboard the working...not the issue. that is keyboard quit that rules out the keyboard it s self as having the issue tried a sys restore same prob tried reinstalling windows still have the problem i have a driver for my texas instruments keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. usb ports that is reading not successfully installed but i can t seem to find the driver it anywhere because they claim win installs it automatically but it obviously didn t i have tried switching usb ports tried pulling out the usb to the keyboard restarting then plugging back in and still have this issue can anyone please help ps not getting error messages and the keyboard claims quot this device is working properly quot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. Model Stepping Processor keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer EM SM EM PM Antivirus None nbsp

A:keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue.

Hello, Are any lights visible on the keyboard? If so, and your keyboard is not working, Try adjusting the connector for your keyboard and check the wiring, especially, if your connecting wire is in a stressed position.( i.e. bend
or crooked)
Let me know if this post is was helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-quit-working-not-the-keyboard-that-is-the-issue.1093342/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey guys, i'm stumped.

Laptop Info:
Toshiba Satellite L75D-A7283
Windows 8.1

Track pad doesn't work. All started randomly one day when I started the laptop up. Just didn't work. Now the keyboard will stop  working after about 10 minutes.
Things I've tried:
FN Key  + F5 (enable/disable trackpad)
Double tapping the top left corner of track pad.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, let windows install drivers.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, installed Toshiba Drivers
Checked BIOS for disabled Trackpad.
Lastly, reinstalled windows 8.

I got nothing. I'm stuck.
Any suggestions?

Picture of error; http://i.imgur.com/jTMau9y.png

A:Laptop trackpad not working. Keyboard stops working.

Ruhhh rohhhh. No one has any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541993/laptop-trackpad-not-working-keyboard-stops-working/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i have a dell latitude E5400 series laptop with windows vista installed on it. about a day or 2 ago my keyboard decided to stop working. i did a system restore to a point today to no avail. i cant set the time or day back anymore on my system restore because i cant use the keyboard. my mouse still works. lease help asap

A:my keyboard on my laptop stopped working

What happens if you connect a USB keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-keyboard-on-my-laptop-stopped-working.940945/
Relevancy 76.11%

My Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5892 laptop is having a keyboard problem. The enter key doesn't work, the up arrow doesn't work, the a key turn on the caps lock, many other key don't work or display the wrong letter. My computer is off and it won't let me log in because i can't type my password. Any suggestions? thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-keyboard-not-working.147913/
Relevancy 76.11%

Below is my hijack this log I have an Acer Aspire laptop it is only years old Worked perfect last night Today I booted it up and the mouse wouldn t work I bought an external mouse and it worked but the keyboard didn t Got an external keyboard amp it works Did my keyboard amp mouse fry at the same time Or is there some evil behind all this Keyboard Mouse Laptop not working & Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Laptop Mouse & Keyboard not working Files Acer eRecovery Monitor exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS system keyhook exe C Program Laptop Mouse & Keyboard not working Files Arcade PCMService exe C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system sistray exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Raymond Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE HWI BS HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http global acer com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - HKLM Run LaunchApp Alaunch O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS system keyhook exe O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Arcade PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE O - HKLM Run eRecoveryService C Program Files Acer eRecovery Monitor exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run IncrediMail C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe c O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Util... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,
I was working on my laptop yesterday evening, and all of a sudden I got a blue screen with white lettering, I didn't get a chance to read it all but I do know it said "dumping physical memory to drive"
And then my computer restarted, it had a tough time starting up to I shut it down for several minuites, when I returned to start it back up agin the keyboard not longer worked, I was using a wirless mouse at the time but my mouse pad has also stopped working.

Can anyone please give me some suggestion, any help is much apprietiated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-g60-laptop-keyboard-stopped-working.1019315/
Relevancy 76.11%

my hp pavilion laptop keyboard has stopped working; can only use on screen keybord -any ideas ?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp laptop keyboard has stopped working

Use the warranty and contact with HP. How to do it?Check the link below and choose your country:Contact HP Worldwide

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-laptop-keyboard-has-stopped-working/td-p/1715955
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all I hope someone working not laptop on keyboard External USB can help me with what is probably the strangest and most annoying problem I ve ever had with a computer I took my old Compaq Presario V and connected peripherals to it to use like a desktop PC However the external keyboard just won t work I ve tried eveything imaginable - installing updating uninstalling and reinstalling drivers again and again - nothing helps Right now all drivers are up to date keyboard is detected and according to the Device Manager working properly The strange part is that the keyboard actually works in the BIOS and when I boot from a LiveCD but not in normal External USB keyboard not working on laptop mode or Safe mode And here is what s even stranger if I uninstall the keyboard and all External USB keyboard not working on laptop Human Interface Devices there are I think and then install ONE HID - the keyboard will start to work but only until the PC is rebooted Installing the second HID will cause the keyboard to stop working immediatey The laptop is running Windows XP Home Edition SP The mouse is working perfectly If someone can help me fix this - it will be immensely appreciated I really have no idea what to do at this point nbsp

A:External USB keyboard not working on laptop

In the BIOS is USB legacy support on or off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-usb-keyboard-not-working-on-laptop.1142300/
Relevancy 76.11%

The internal keyboard and touch pad of my laptop have stopped working suddenly. The laptop was running but I did not use it for maybe 5 minutes. Then the touch pad and the keyboard did not do anything anymore. Rebooting did not help. I use external devices now.In the device manager the devices are only shown when hidden devices are displayed. Both devices have a yellow exclamation point and error code 24 in details (device not present or not working). Replacing the drivers with a compatible one does not help.A similar problem in is in the following thread, but for windows XP: Laptop Keyboard Not WorkingThere the problem was solved by reinstalling windows. Is there any quicker solution?

A:Laptop Keyboard and Touch pad not Working

Updating the BIOS did help. Great.

(The keyboard did not work in the BIOS nor when booting an other system. So a BIOS update was the only thing I tough that could help.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480915/laptop-keyboard-and-touch-pad-not-working/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi my dell latitude d620 keyboard will not work properly. it is fine on the log in page but once i get to the desktop it stops working and all i get is a beeping sound as I press keys. have tried, rebooting twice, also removing battery, trying the fn keys, uninstalling/reinstalling keyboard drive, used external keyboard all to no avail, please please please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-keyboard-not-working.1018974/
Relevancy 76.11%

Only a few keys are working on my HP laptop tried restarting but the same thing occurs and I cant get  pass the login screen as i  have a lock on my computer  . The laptop was purchsed only  2 months ago  . Please assist .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/keyboard-not-working-and-locked-out-of-laptop/td-p/5816697
Relevancy 76.11%

Keyboard on laptop is not functioning properly Many keys will not type and others take a shortcut into other programs not requested keyboard laptop working properly on not I ran malwarebytes anti malware and Hijack this- notations listed keyboard on laptop not working properly below Computer currently runs zonealarm for antivirus and spyware- nothing found Windows XP See below Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected No malicious items detected Hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Status maxmenumgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Jeff Clair Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files ooVoo oovoo exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm MailFrontier mantispm exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system utilman exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software ... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

I Have a HP Windows 7 Pentium Intel Inside
This morning it was working fine but then i got on DeviantArt to check some messages and then every time i hit a key the computer would make a "boopboopboop!" noise. So i went to use my mousepad/trackpad and it did the same "boop" thing when i tried to use it... So i restarted my laptop and the keyboard works before i log in but after i get to my desktop it stops working. The mousepad just over all does not work before or after log in.
I've checked the little button that shows if the mousepad has been turned on or off manually and it says its turned off.....
I really need some help with this
I Need my laptop to draw and i cant affored to buy a new laptop...

A:Laptop Keyboard and Mousepad not working

To help us help you,please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread. You can use the TSG Info to fill in your computer information in your user profile as well.

Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-and-mousepad-not-working.1104240/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, for some reason some of the keyboard keys arent working, I didn't spill anything on them and they are not stuck. They are the spacebar, letters b n, forward slash, the three bottom arrow keys. My laptop is a dell inspiron 1525 and its a year old.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Some keys on laptop keyboard not working

What operating system does it have XP,Vista ,W7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working.925136/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there. I'm experiencing problems with a Lenovo Laptop. I cannot log into Windows because the keyboard is not functioning as normal. The 'H' button is operating as a backspace for example and because I cannot see what I'm typing in the password bar, I don't know which keys are what. Only some keys produce characters and when typing other keys the system just beeps. I had this problem yesterday and I fixed it by holding the FN button and F4 or F7, I think it was F7 but now the same combination isn't working. If you could help me it'd be great. Cheers.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Keyboard not working on Lenovo Laptop.

which model Thinkpad do you have?Also, does the external keyboard produce the same problem. Have you tried to boot a live linux cd and see whether the same problem occur in the linux os environment.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Keyboard-not-working-on-Lenovo-Laptop/td-p/922011
Relevancy 76.11%

My keyboard is not workingMostly the backspace key and the lettersThe numbers work fineIf I touch r I get 4 if I touch h I get 7if. I touch k I get a t and so forthI need help and hp won't help meThey told me that teven though my notebook is under warranty for hardware, this is a software problem and I will have to pay them to fix it....Please if anyone knows how to fix this problem I would really appreciate it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-stream-laptop-keyboard-not-working/td-p/5789345
Relevancy 76.11%

Just got a brand new notebook today, come to switch it on and it doesn't appear like the keyboard is working, currently on the 'create an account' screen but can't type anything.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brand-new-laptop-keyboard-not-working/td-p/5737486
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys, I use a Toshiba Satellite A100 Laptop. A few hours ago I was pulling something out from under the spacebar button, and now the X, C, V, M and quotation buttons won't work! Sometimes if I push the spacebar on the side, it'll do something like this: mFDA"

I tried resetting the laptop but no dice. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem, and is it fixable without having to bring it in/replace the keyboard? I tried looking on the internet and some sites vaguely said something about loose wires, but I'm not sure.

Please help me out!

A:Buttons on laptop keyboard not working!

Assuming that you didn't pry the keys themselves loose, yes it could be loose wires. Open up the thing and see.

Sorry, can't "help you out" unles you bring the laptop here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buttons-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working.94414/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have windows7 installed on my laptop and any time i log off my system or just keep it idle for sometime it logs off and the keybaord starts behaving differently.

Like when i press the j key it reads it as 1

when i press f it reads it 4 and so on.

So i have to switch off the laptop and then turn it back on to make it work correctly any help?

A:When i log off my laptop the keyboard stops working

That's extremely odd behavior. Did this problem happen suddenly? Do you recall what you did prior to it happening (like opening an e-mail attachment or visiting a new website)? First, before any other troubleshooting, make sure your anti-virus is up to date and run a malware scan (e.g. MalwareBytes). If it's not a virus, it may be due to a fault with the keyboard driver. Perhaps you have an older laptop and a recent Windows update created a conflict? You could also try going to the Device Manager, select your keyboard, and then check to see if there's a driver update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266915-when-i-log-off-my-laptop-keyboard-stops-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop. The keyboard will not respond in windows at the login screen, not even in to go into safemode. It will however work in BIOS, I rebooted several times, still no dice, held down the Fn key and hit keys to no avail. But at the login screen I can hit Fn+f8 and it'll toggle the screen from lcd to external and back, can also eject the cdrom. I am stuck cause i cant login to XP.

I had left my computer on when i left town for a day. When i was back the computer was at the windows login screen. I am assuming that at some point while i was gone an automatic windows upate may have been installed which forced the computer to reboot. the update may have messed up my keyboard drivers.
any help would be greatly appreciated as at this point im stuck!!!! thanks in advance

A:Laptop Keyboard Not Working When XP Boots

If you can log in without the keyboard working-

Go to start
Programs
Accessories
Accessibility
On screen keyboard.

Hope this helps.

I cant recommend anything else. Maybe someone else can be of more help to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-not-working-when-xp-boots.790922/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have toshiba satellite L305D, I have installed Windows 7 build 7600. I have a strage problem, my keyboard works fine in BIOS and any 16 BIT environment like in PE for Windows XP, but stops working in Windows environment. But if i resume my laptop from Standby or Hibernate, keyboard starts working fine. I tried seraching every forum, even with toshiba forum, still no response.

This error is totally OS indipendent, i.e I tried installing windows XP both 32bit and 64 bit, the problem is same, and with vista also problem is same. And one more thing to install Vista and XP I have to use external USB keyboard but thanks to windows 7 that it had included onscreen keyboard during Preinstallation Environment also.

Hope to get suggestive answer in no time.

and sorry for my bad english

A:Laptop Keyboard and Mouse Not working

Still No any suggestions???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working.958595/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guy i have a alienware m17xR4 and ive been searching all day and cant find anyone with this problem. Everyone that has a simular problem it is either their keyboard or their mouse not working but i havent found anyone with both of them not working.

Anyway my keyboard is showing a code 19 (windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged)

And touchpad is saying code 10 (this device cannot start)

Thank you guys for your help, it might be a while before i cand respond to you and try your solutions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393785-laptop-keyboard-touchpad-not-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FE Z and am running Windows Vista Home Premium v Lately when I turn my laptop on the built-in keyboard and mousepad just don t work at all and I have to use my USB working not Laptop keyboard mousepad and mouse and the onscreen keyboard to enter my password and get past the login screen I ran a system restore and this seemed to fix the problem But when I turned my laptop off and then on again the next day the problem reappeared I ran another system restore the problem was fixed for the session that ran after the system restore but after that it reappeared I have just run a system restore and the Laptop mousepad and keyboard not working mousepad and keyboard are working fine but Laptop mousepad and keyboard not working I suspect when I turn the computer off and then on again they ll stop working I think it may be a virus but McAfee doesn t seem to be finding anything I m not really sure Laptop mousepad and keyboard not working where to go with this problem now so any suggestions would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop mousepad and keyboard not working

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this happening? Any recent Windows updates, new USB devices etc?

------------------------------------------

1.) Check your BIOS, look around the different categories available to change the settings. Your BIOS may be set to "detect USB in Windows (or similar wording)", which may cause problems with logging in, if that option is available. If it is, change to "USB detect in BIOS. If not.....

2.) Run your computer in "Safe Mode", and see if the problem still occurs. If the problem doesn't occur in safe mode, it could be malware related, or Windows/driver/etc related.

Scanning for malware is a good idea. McAfee is not good in my opinion; try Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware. Download them, install them, update them before scanning. Then scan your computer for threats using these programs separately (they should not be run at the same time). Both are free programs.

Remove/clean/delete any threats found. If the problem still persists let's try other options.
Malwarebytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Super AntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-mousepad-and-keyboard-not-working.933628/
Relevancy 76.11%

all the keys stop working, touch pad works. Any ideas?

A:Asus v1j laptop keyboard not working

Have the keyboard replaced...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-v1j-laptop-keyboard-not-working.127455/
Relevancy 76.11%

I turned on my acer aspire 7250 laptop today and the period key (the key by the right shift button) what do i do (not even the question mark slash key works) i restarted the laptop twice and i even look on acer.com << that period is working because its the other period which is on the numeric right numbers where the num lock is... i think my computer still under standard warranty..

A:acer laptop keyboard key not working

If the key is not working, then that's a hardware issue. If your laptop is still under a warranty, you should consider sending it for repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-keyboard-key-not-working.1028827/
Relevancy 76.11%

The entire keyboard on my hp pavilion g6 laptop completely stopped working.  Like it's locked?   I did install Office Prof 2013 and then it stopped working.  Not saying this was the reason, but it's the only thing  I've done differently.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:pavilion g6 laptop keyboard not working

Hi, Try the following. Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter. Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to see if this will launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f5 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f9, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys ( assuming they work in this menu ) to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter. Note:  If you find the keys don't work in the Bios menu, then this is likely to be a Hardware issue. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavilion-g6-laptop-keyboard-not-working/td-p/2483611
Relevancy 76.11%

ASUS K95VB laptop, Windows 8.1
Occasionally, often after waking from sleep or hibernate modes, but not always, the keyboard stops working. The mouse (USB Logitech) works fine. Programs open are Firefox, Thunderbird and Jarte Notepad, and when I try to write something in them, they go into "Not responding" mode.
However, when I go to other Windows functions, like Run or Search, there the keyboard works just fine.
After restarting the computer everything works again.
Have checked for malware, virus, etc. - nothing obviously wrong.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 76.11%

Last night my HP laptop was working just fine with zero issues Today I turned it on and my keyboard didn't work and also saying that no battery was detected Now if I turn it on with a power cord attached I can remove the power cord and the laptop stays turned on I can also shut the lid and the laptop will stay powered on However if I use the stopped Laptop working just Keyboard shut Laptop Keyboard just stopped working down function or turn it off by the power switch it will not power back up without the power cord attached The keyboard just refuses to work none of the keys work No fn key no alt key no ctrl key nothing I can't turn wireless on or off using the F key however the on-screen keyboard works fine and so does a keyboard that is plugged in through usb I have checked the drivers which says it is working properly I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling which didn't fix it I Googled this problem and read that a bios update might fix this I updated it and nothing as well as doing the usual virus and malware scans with the likes of malwarebytes and MSE Any help would be great thanks HP pavilion g series

A:Laptop Keyboard just stopped working

LamerJoe,

I am led to believe that BIOS is not the culprit here, I think you are receiving an internal power malfunction and it is disrupting the internal keyboard function. So, to see if this works, I would like you to unplug the power cable, remove the battery for around five-ten minutes, replace the battery, then plug the power cord in, and reboot the laptop and test the keyboard.

Please, re-post if you still have issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274919-laptop-keyboard-just-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Yesterday I turned off my laptop, next day when I turned on laptop the keyboard and touchpad wasn't working. When I'm pressing a key about 20 times then sometimes it works as one press. Yesterday everything was working well untill I turned off.I've tested 2 laptop keyboards and still same.I'm looking for any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-keyboard-and-touchpad-not-working/td-p/5665868
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm using an on screen keyboard to type. Ihad a weird .exe file running in processes after using google and I couldn't end it. My computer was slow and it seemed like another google re-direct virus. I tried running virus scanners, but they would shut down or wouldn't open. I ran combofix, but lost internet connection while doing so. My screen was frozen when my connection came back. I had to shut down. I tried to run it a couple more times but it froze. After a few reboots to safe and regular modes and trying to run virus scanners, I noticed my keyboard doesn't respond. I managed to reinstall malwarebytes and get ridof viruses but my keyboard still doesn't work.

Standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural ps/2

device status

windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. the driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)

i have been able to type in the opera browser in safe mode though.

A:Laptop keyboard not working - ibm thinkpad

You are infected. Can you boot into Safe Mode (press F8 at bootup)? Does the keyboard work here? If not have you tried an external keyboard? Run Combofix from Safe Mode, you do not need to be online when it runs. Be sure to disable your Anti-Virus before it scans. If still having problems, click on the link for Virus/Trojan in my signature and post there for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-keyboard-not-working-ibm-thinkpad-607718.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Dell XPS laptop with a Windows 7 installation.
I turned it on this morning and the keyboard no longer works - even when attempting to go to the settings (F2) or BIOS (F12) screens it usually ignores it.
When it goes to the Windows 7 login screen, it fills up the password field - just like if a key is being held down - however, I am unable to stop it from filling up completely as no keys work (although the touchpad does work) - it even 'enters' (and brings up the 'wrong password' text box) without any input from myself at all.
Fixes I've attempted:
1. Remove the battery and charger, hold down the power button for 30 seconds (suggested elsewhere).
2. Unscrew the back of the laptop and clean the components.

Any suggestions as to how I could self-fix this without shipping it off somewhere? Thanks

A:Laptop keyboard not working (even on start up)

Hi dg1991,
I suspect a key is stuck on the keyboard. Check for any stuck keys or any dust accumulated on the keyboard overall.
Was there any liquid spillage on the system? Was the system dropped? When did the issue start?
Try this step -> ensure the system is off -> press and hold the fn key + power button to turn it on. It should initiate the diags. If it does, let it run through the diags and make a note of any possible errors you might encounter.
To isolate a faulty keyboard -> disconnect the keyboard (cable) and turn on the system with an external keyboard attached. See if that works. Go to support site - http://dell.to/1Pwntme - enter the service tag and download the service manual to check on how to disconnect the keyboard.
If the external keyboard works fine - try a BIOS update - from the above link - select drivers and downloads and run the BIOS update - then connect the keyboard - restart and check. Sometimes a BIOS update fixes most of the issues.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19635499
Relevancy 76.11%

My HCL ME Laptop keyboard stops working suddenly, it was working perfectly till evening today. My laptop keyboard is not working in Windows 7 though it is working in BIOS Configuration. I think some spyware have changed my setting or may be any spyware may had deleted some important files needed for keyboard & also my touch panel is not working along with keyboard.......i m currently using wireless keyboard & mouse. pls help me to sort out this problem......waiting for reply

A:My HCL Laptop Keyboard is not Working Anymore.....

Hello prince_rambade & welcome to TSF

Have a look in Device Manager and see if there are any Yellow or Red symbols.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-hcl-laptop-keyboard-is-not-working-anymore-654188.html
Relevancy 76.11%

SOME SWITCHES LIKE  O,P ,NUMBER PAD ENTER KEY, ETC. ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY IN MY LAPTOP KEYBOARD.AFTER PRESSING MANY TIME THAY ARE RESPOND CERTAINLY,,PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS SITUATION WHAT TO DO?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/NOT-WORKING-SOME-SWITCHES-IN-LAPTOP-KEYBOARD/td-p/5756875
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm having this EXACT problem with the same exact symptoms as listed here.  Wondering if this was ever fixed and if so, how?

A:RE: Laptop keyboard not working (even on start up)

Hi HUEY_P,
What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system? When did the issue start? Does an external keyboard work fine? Was there any liquid spillage on the system? Was the system dropped? Have you checked for any stuck keys? Do none of the keys respond?
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and download the BIOS, update and restart the machine and check.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.
P.S. You have posted on an old thread that is locked for editing. Hence, I have moved your post, so we could respond.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986604
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Lenovo Laptop IdeaPad, and I spilled water on the arrow keys yesterday. Now only about 10 keys on the entire laptop work, so I was wondering if there was anyway of fixing this without having to go out and buy a new keyboard, or if I should just replace the keyboard entirely? Thanks.

A:Lenovo Laptop Keyboard Not Working

If water was spilled on or in the keyboard theres not much that can be fixed on it. it will have to be replaced and checked out to make sure nothing else got damaged by the water such as the motherboard etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-laptop-keyboard-not-working.1086973/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello everyone I have recently accidentally spilled some water onto my HP Pavilion g Notebook PC keyboard around or A M on Tuesday It took me about seconds to find a towel to dry it off and in doing Solved: Laptop Working Not Keyboard so I ran roughly to and Solved: Laptop Keyboard Not Working fro across the keyboard with the towel I spent the rest of the afternoon on faceook I shut the laptop down around P M After Tuesday night bible study service I tried to turn my laptop computer on to show a friend some photos When the log on screen came up I tried to type my pass word in but the keys ran and most keys were stuck or didn t respond I shut it down then when I got home I started it up again but only this time the laptop mouse pad and the keys were not working at all I shut it down again and decided to put the laptop in a garbage bag with a pack of rice on top of the laptop in the same bag The rice had punched holes in it I left it like that for days I turned it on again and the mouse pad now works but the keys still didn t respond I had my brother take my laptop apart and he dried the inside with a hair blow dryer and now it s completely dry He told me he didn t see any damage to the circuits After putting the computer back together I started it up The laptop loads just fine but the keyboard is not working at all Some letters like w o r spacebar ect are working but the majority of the keys are not I m using a USB COMPAQ keyboard plugged up to my laptop USB drive and it works fine My question is will buying a HP Pavilion g Notebook PC Keyboard replacement help resolve the issue or do you think it s possible the keyboard controller chip could be damaged or fried by the water and if so is it replaceable If there is a keyboard controller chip where is it located My Specs are Windows Home Premium Service Pack HP Pavilion g Notebook PC with AMD A - M APU with Radeon AMD HD Graphics GHz Quad Core Processor GB of System Memory RAM usable -bit Operating System GB Hard Drive lt edited the font by moderator - etaf - default forum font is fine - otherwise difficult to read gt nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

had a weird .exe file running in processes after using google and I couldn't end it. My computer was slow and it seemed like another google direct virus. I tried running virus scanners, but they would shut down or wouldn't open. I came here as I've before and saw a topic with the same problem and ran combofix, but lost internet connection while doing so. My screen was frozen when my connection came back. I had to shut down. I tried to run it a couple more times but it froze. After a few reboots to safe and regular modes, trying to run virus scanners, I noticed my keyboard doesn't respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424229/laptop-keyboard-not-working-ibm-thinkpad/
Relevancy 76.11%

My laptop wouldn't run so i took it apart and cleaned it, then when i put it back together the keyboard stopped working. only a usb keboard works.

A:Laptop Keyboard stopped working

One of the connections might not be secured. Check your work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-stopped-working.880247/
Relevancy 76.11%

I cant use keyboard and mouse. Ive seen that their is a driver problem . So please give me the driver link or else what shall i do.  Thanking You.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-is-not-working/td-p/5596683
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, I just purchased my new laptop today and am having issues with the keyboard.  The keyboard will not keep up with my typing and misses many letters.  There is not only a delay, but many keys are missed. Should I return and exchange it for another model?  Have you had previous issues with this model?  If theres no easy solution, I will exchange for something else. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Keyboard-not-working-properly-on-new-laptop/td-p/5620859
Relevancy 76.11%

I recently removed the keyboard from my laptop to clean it and now the Fn key doesn't work. Whenever I press the Fn key it acts as a mouse right-click. I don't think any other keys are working improperly. I reinstalled the OS as I planned to anyway and I still have the same problem. I have removed and reattached the keyboard many times but with the same results.

I know it might not have been a great idea to do this myself but I'm selling the laptop and I want it to look clean but I fear I may have permanently damaged it. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

My laptop is a:
Dell Inspiron 5100
Windows XP Professional

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, when I typed on the usb keyboard, nothing happened. So I put it in a different usb port on the laptop, and it still didn't work. So I tried the laptop's own keyboard and still nothing. I'm not sure what is going on. 

I tried deleting the keyboard driver from Device Manager but that did nothing. I tried searching for this problem but all the results seem to not apply to this specifically. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Also... I'm a n00b that knows very little about computers so bear with me

A:Laptop won't recognize keyboard OR external usb keyboard

When you deleted the keyboard driver for the laptop...did you reboot after doing so?

Does your BIOS call for USB  boot via USB device?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573633/laptop-wont-recognize-keyboard-or-external-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi, I have an old Time laptop (so getting any drivers/chipsets will be a pain) that I'm using as a Home Theatre PC under my TV. I can wake up from standby with its power button, but not from its keyboard. Also, I can't do this using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard, connected via USB (laptop doesn't have any PS2 ports).

I want to be albe to keep the laptop lid closed at all times and placed above my VCR, so having to open it every time I want to wake from standby is not ideal.

I've looked at all the APM properties for m/board and keyb but nothing. The BIOS says nothing about power management either.

Running Win XP SP2

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi

Were u able to do that before? Are u sure that your laptop is set to standby and not to sleep/hibernate mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-wake-up-from-standby-with-own-keyboard-or-usb-keyboard.722999/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didn’t work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi folks I've had success on this forum before and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of IT than me can Cannot and in laptop to keyboard on-screen unresponsive keyboard ? W7 log no suggest Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard a workaround solution Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard to an issue I currently have with a Windows Home Premium laptop This is an old laptop that I only use from time to time but it still has a number of files and photos on it that I don't have saved elsewhere Last time I used the laptop it was acting as if the Ctrl key was being pressed every - seconds which made the keyboard difficult to use because it triggered shortcuts as I tried to type Ctrl O Ctrl S etc Because I don't use the laptop as my main machine I decided that I'd uninstall the keyboard driver from within the Control Panel and just use the on-screen keyboard going forward Following this I powered the machine on a couple of days ago and panicked when I discovered that I couldn't get the Ease of Access dialog box to display on the login screen to allow me to enable the on-screen keyboard It doesn't produce any kind of error it simply does nothing when the button located in the left-hand corner is clicked At this point I was still hopeful that I could get around the issue by connecting a standard USB keyboard but this is also completely unresponsive although it does appear to be getting power from the laptop because the Caps Lock indicator light is lit I've tried a few alternatives connecting the keyboard before powering up during the start up process and also at the log in screen Additionally in the hope that it would automatically install a driver in the background and eventually allow the keyboard to function I left the machine running for about minutes but still nothing So just to confirm the machine has only a single user account set up on it which is password protected I can't proceed past the log in screen at all the laptop's default keyboard is unresponsive Ease of Access OSK dialog box will not display and the standard USB keyboard I have here doesn't appear to be helping either I also considered trying the above in safe mode before realising that I couldn't even do that without a keyboard unless there's another way of accessing this that I'm not aware of Any ideas - Thanks

A:Cannot log in to W7 laptop – unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard

If you are just interested in recovering your data to save elsewhere you could purchase an external enclosure for about $8.00 at Newegg, remove the HDD from the laptop and install it in the external enclosure.  You can then attach it to another computer via a USB cable (which comes with the enclosure) and access your data to recover what you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591884/cannot-log-in-to-w7-laptop-unresponsive-keyboard-and-no-on-screen-keyboard/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so a whole slew of problems and I am sure there is a simple solution if not then theres always a technician I can make a visit to I own a HP Pavillion Laptop dv ca - bought it at best buy on boxing day I DO have antivirus running - Kaspersky antivirus so Mouse, Keyboard LAPTOP: not BSOD, working I know this is not a virus issue or some sort of hack that I downloaded I don't download anything on my school laptop - everything i put on it is bought and legitimate Alright So it starts with my deciding to update my computer and get it running up to date I did windows Update and went through all that and it restarted computer - it was fine I decided to update my graphics drivers so I headed over to LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working the HP website and got it but realized - HEY this driver is an old driver There is a newer version LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working out but nVidia com doesnt have the driver for my laptop Ok lets head over to laptopvideo go and see if there is a rd party driver As a note I have used them before they always worked fine I looked for compatibility on the driver i decided to install and it said it would work Installed it and then I get the dreaded BSOD Well not to worry ive dealt with it before so I decide to boot safe mode No dice the laptops keyboard isnt working Neither is the mousepad when it tries to do a system repair and asks me to do a system restore NOTE i am trying to avoid the restore as I have important class notes and e-mails in my quot outlook quot now windows mail that I NEED I have not made a restore point and can not afford to lose these files also why i am avoiding the whole system reset Plus i don't have the vista cds and don't want to order and wait for them External USB mouse and Keyboard not loading either so hitting F to get to the damn safe mode boot doesnt work either I do not have a PS port for another keyboard or mouse so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help I am very much of the opinion I will receive a quot your laptop is nerfed screwed dead garbage needstobesentout repairs quot response so tell the truth anything and everything will be considered thanks to top it all off i signed up for the forums and typoed my name great

A:LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working

Quote:

Originally Posted by luiscocneicao

. . .I own a HP Pavillion Laptop dv2618ca - bought it at best buy. . . I get the dreaded BSOD. Well, not to worry ive dealt with it before so I decide to boot safe mode... No dice, the laptops keyboard isnt working. Neither is the mousepad when it tries to do a system repair and asks me to do a system restore.

**NOTE** i am trying to avoid the restore as I have important class notes and e-mails in my "outlook" ( now windows mail) that I NEED. I have not made a restore point and can not afford to lose these files. also why i am avoiding the whole system reset. Plus i don't have the vista cds and don't want to order and wait for them.

External USB mouse and Keyboard not loading either, so hitting F8 to get to the damn safe mode boot doesnt work either. . . thanks

First, the default location that Windows Mail uses is:
c:\users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail. A system restore would not affect this.

Do you know whether or not your laptop contains a hidden recovery hard drive partition? It most likely would be drive d:. To activate the HP Recovery Manager, press "F11" repeatedly upon boot-up; however, you said that your keyboard does not work. My only suggestion at this time, assuming the recovery hard drive partition exists, would be to force the laptop to crash on boot-up as this would most likely cause the HP Recovey Manager to invoke itself and load basic system drivers, thus giving you keyboard control. One way may be to use a Vista Operating System (OS) Upgrade DVD; another is to use a non-Windows OS CD. I have used both methods successfully to resolve different issues.

My last thought - Have you contacted HP support?

Good Luck. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-bsod-mouse-keyboard-not-working-223619.html