Windows Support Forum

Unable to install the firmware update

Q: Unable to install the firmware update

I tried to update my dvd rw, but this is what I get.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to install the firmware update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to install the firmware update

Make sure that all other ATAPI devices are disconnected, if possible. If the drive is no longer under warranty, try the PS0B stock flash from CodeGuys. Using this patched version may invalidate any warranty.

But, what is the reason for the upgrade? They just as often as not lead to problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-the-firmware-update.831040/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,
I am trying to install this firmware to disable the automatic brightness but it keeps saying device is not supported.
www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails
My specs are:
Dell XPS 13 9350
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6560U CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. 1.4.4, 14/06/2016

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989331
Relevancy 58.91%

I am to install driver Windows Update Kernel-mode Update: framework Unable unable to update Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework the Kernel-mode driver framework ver for windows Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework for x -based systems KB I get error Also I am getting BSOD stop errors in normal mode that say anything from -memory management x a - quot A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught The faulty driver currently being on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version quot GDRO sys- address fffff a f base at fffff datestamp b d I'm not sure if they are related When I run in safemode I do not get the BSOD When in normal mode I will get BSOD consistently when running Norton Full System Scan specifically when the full system scan gets to the Windows system folder System specs Processor Intel K Core Duo Unleashed MOBO Gigabyte GA-p A-UD P RAM I have x Corsair Vengeance only using stick of GB corsair vengeance currently due to troubleshooting GPU NVIDIA EVGA GTX HD HDDs Intel GB SSD and Western Digital Caviar Black TB empty PSU corsair watt Soundcard MOBO When I canoo

A:Unable to install Windows Update: Update Kernel-mode driver framework

I, again, apologize for double posting. I figure I should include the host of other issues I'm having. Maybe they can all be inter related.

-my DVD/RW drive, when connected to mother board in ANY SATA slot, causes the BIOS screen to freeze forever. I have disconnected the drive at this time while trouble shooting. I have tried known-good SATA cables so I know it's either the DVD/RW drive or perhaps a driver or mobo failure.

-I have run the memory diagnostic tool in windows. No issues were reported.

-I have NOT run memtest86 because I do not have a disk drive connected.

-I have had stop-errors (BSODS) such as PFN_list_corrupt, System_service_Exception, Memory_management, IRQ_not_less_or_Equal
All of these could be a result of bad RAM.

I have purchased new RAM as a means to fix my problems. It seemed to work for 2 weeks, then the stop errors returned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/266002-unable-install-windows-update-update-kernel-mode-driver-framework.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey all,

So I am currently reinstalling Windows on my dad's old laptop after the hard drive decided up die on us, and I stumbled on a problem that's a bit too hard for me to fix.

Namely, I am completely unable to install any Windows Update. Not even MSE will install.

I tried running SURT, but got error code 0x8000247
I also tried running SFC /SCANNOW, it ran the verification fase until 98% and then stated that there where unfixable problems.

The displayed error codes are:
In WU: "8024A000"
In SURT: "0x8000247"
Whilst installing MSE: "0x80070643".

Attached you will find CBS.log and MSINFO with my system specs.
Cheers and many thanks in advance,
Nommy

CBS.log MSINFO32.nfo

A:Windows Update error code 8024A000; unable to install any update.

That's very reminiscent of similar errors in Win7 - and I wouldn't be surprised to see it being non-genuine.
Please post an MGADiag report BEFORE doing the below potential fixes.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Storage Matrix Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here -
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DwnldID=17882

(IATA89ENU.exe)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

If nothing has changed, try this...

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt

NET STOP CRYPTSVC
REN C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CATROOT2 CATROOT2OLD
NET START CRYPTSVC

once complete, leave the system alone for at least an hour to rebuild the database, then reboot, and run another MGADiag report and post the results.

If neither of them work, we'll re-evaluate.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/302946-windows-update-error-code-8024a000-unable-install-any-update.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I found some questionable files this week that had been downloaded by my son. I have since spent a great deal of time trying to scan and clean the computer. Each malware/spyware/anti-virus scanner has had varying levels of success.

It seems that the bulk of my issues have been resolved but I am still unable to install the following update from Microsoft: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2719177)

Each time I try to update it, it aborts and gives me an error code (80073712), that is not showing up in any google searches or searches of microsoft's site.

Additionally, every time I shutdown or restart the computer it shows that new updates are being installed.

I am using Windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to install security update from Windows Update

I never got a reply here but for anyone having the same trouble I had I was able to resolve my issue by doing a "Repair Install".

I found the directions from another forum after I was able to find the root cause of the problem in c:\windows\IE9_main.log. Specifically this is what my log file said:
00:00.359: Started: 2012/07/21 (Y/M/D) 14:27:48.562 (local)
00:00.375: Time Format in this log: MM:ss.mmm (minutes:seconds.milliseconds)
00:00.562: Command line: "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\Install\WU-IE9-Windows7-x64.exe" /WU-SILENT
00:00.671: INFO: Setup installer for Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421
00:00.718: INFO: Previous version of Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17824
00:00.905: INFO: Checking if iexplore.exe's current version is between 9.0.6001.0...
00:00.936: INFO: ...and 9.1.0.0...
00:00.967: INFO: Maximum version on which to run IEAK branding is: 9.1.0.0...
00:01.014: INFO: iexplore.exe version check success. Install can proceed.
00:01.045: INFO: Trying to extract ID: 7006 (0) as "IE9-neutral.Extracted.cab"
00:05.023: INFO: Trying to extract ID: 5006 (0) as "IE9-support.cab"
00:06.584: INFO: Operating System: Windows Workstation: 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
00:07.067: INFO: Windows 7 operating system detected.
00:07.192: INFO: Service pack major: 1
00:07.332: INFO: Service pack minor: 0
00:07.473: INFO: Service pack name: Service Pack 1
00:19.641: INFO: The neutral pack was successfully downloaded from the internet. Installation will continue using the downloaded package.
00:19.766: INFO: No reboot policy and supplemental files successfully downloaded and extracted for use.
00:19.953: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiStart(0), lParam=0x004c6650 returned 0x00000000.
00:21.185: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiScan(1), lParam=0x00000001 returned 0x00000000.
00:21.279: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiStartInstall(4), lParam=0x00000001 returned 0x00000014.
00:21.326: INFO: Installing with the downloaded package. C:\Windows\TEMP\IE9E35.tmp\IE9-neutral.Downloaded.msu
00:21.606: INFO: Launched package installation: C:\Windows\system32\dism.exe /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\TEMP\IE9E35.tmp\IE9-neutral.Downloaded\Windows6.1-KB982861-x64.cab /quiet /norestart
00:50.919: INFO: Process exit code 0x00003712 (14098) [The component store has been corrupted. ]
00:51.278: ERROR: Neutral MSU installation failed (exit code = 0x00003712 (14098)).
00:51.418: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiInstallDone(7), lParam=0x00003712 returned 0x00000000.
00:51.605: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiStartFinish(11), lParam=0x00000000 returned 0x00000000.
00:51.808: INFO: No reboot logic message NrApiFinish(12), lParam=0x00000000 returned 0x00000016.
00:52.167: ERROR: Couldn't create setup troubleshooting shortcut on the desktop. HRESULT: 0x80070002,
00:52.229: INFO: Setup exit code 0x00003712 (14098) [The component store has been corrupted. ]
00:52.619: INFO: Cleaning up temporary files in: C:\Windows\TEMP\IE9E35.tmp
00:53.493: INFO: Unable to remove directory C:\Windows\TEMP\IE9E35.tmp, marking for deletion on reboot.
00:53.758: INFO: Released Internet Explorer Installer Mutex
The key error message was "Setup exit code 0x00003712 (14098) [The component store has been corrupted. ]"

Once I figured out that this was the root problem, doing a google search yielded the fix by doing the "Repair Install."

Essentially, the "Repair Install" is using your windows disc to re-install windows as an upgrade. In short I "upgraded" my Windows 7 SP1 installation to Windows 7 SP1 via the disc, overwriting the corrupted files in the process. This allowed for me to keep all my personal files and installed software after the lengthy ins... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460813/unable-to-install-security-update-from-windows-update/
Relevancy 57.62%

So long story short i was continuously getting notification to install some particular updates again and again .

They were : KB2446704 , KB2418241 , KB2539631 . ( All of them are security updates for .net framework 2.0 sp2 and 3.5 sp1)

So whenever i installed them and restarted my pc they used to show up again . So today i decided to download Windows install clean up utility and uninstall and reinstall .net framework 2.0 sp2 .I uninstalled but when i tried to install it again i couldn't . It showed as a " setup error " .

Note :
Also i have an windows xp sp3 .

A:Can't install 3 windows update and now unable to install .netframework 2

Here's what I'd do, Caveat Emptor & all that stuff...1. Run the FixIt in KB 971187 - How to fix MSI software update registration corruption issues http://support.microsoft.com/kb/9711872. Retry the Update(s).3. If the Update(s) fail(s), proceed to Step 4.4. Download .Net Cleanup Utility: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx5. By using the Cleanup Tool, uninstall all .Net Framework entries. (You will not be allowed to remove the .NET Framework 2.0 on Vista and 3.5 on Windows 7 because they are Operating System components.)6. Reboot.7. Download and install the .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 by clicking the link below (this will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2):http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en8. Reboot9. Check for & install all important/critical updates/security patches/etc (do not select any optional .Net updates yet) for .Net thru Windows Update.Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451644/cant-install-3-windows-update-and-now-unable-to-install-netframework-2/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can a Firmware Update and or Driver A Update Reversed? Firmware Printer And/or Can Update Be drivers on printers be reversed I am new to BleepingComputer so I do not know which Forum to post this to as this issue involves multiple forums Hardware HP Printers Software Firmware amp Drivers Operating Systems running Windows and Windows XP At my workplace we have many HP Printers on the network HP sent me a link promoting HP Easy Printer Care I figured I would try it big mistake because I take care of all of Can A Printer Firmware Update And/or Driver Update Be Reversed? the printers in our building So this Easy Printer Care tells me that there is updated Firmware for my printers So I get the firmware and install it Of course HP didn t really explain how to install it I had to look it up to actually do the install After installing it HP tells me that the Firmware Updates still need to be updated Now the end users are having problems when they print Multiple users are having the same and or different problems The problem that has the most reports to me are When someone is printing a document and they want to change it from portrait to landscape they click on properties and receive an error message that reads Function address x e a aa caused a protection fault exception code xc Some or all property page s may not be displayed Click OK Then another windows pops up saying Operation could not be completed Click OK The function address is always different for different users or systems The exception code is always the same The User cannot make any changes in order to print I have tried a hard reboot on the printers to default back to factory settings but nothing seems to change Am I doing that correctly Does anyone have any suggestions Please advise Thank you Gloria B

A:Can A Printer Firmware Update And/or Driver Update Be Reversed?

You can go to Device Manager and find the printer and in properties it gives you the option to "roll back" the driver to a previous version. A firmware update and driver update mean 2 different things, to me anyways. My understanding is a firmware update offers "improved" instructions to the onboard chip of the device. What does HP say about the problem?
Mark
'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113664/can-a-printer-firmware-update-andor-driver-update-be-reversed/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've never had this happen before, but I'm getting the message "The following updates were not installed: Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB956391)". I've tried like 50 times already.

I have my settings so that its suppose to download and install automatically

A:Unable to install update for windows xp

Try Dial-A-Fix. Maybe your installer just needs a flush. And Dial-A-Fix is very safe and will do the job. Download here from BleepingComputer: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160132/how-to-use-dial-a-fix-to-repair-windows-internals-problems/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193638/unable-to-install-update-for-windows-xp/
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear Subscribers and Contributors:
After three hours and probably 2 dozen reboots, I have given up and I will no longer try to update Windows 8 and will probably turn off automatic updates. It seems that I'm not alone in this issue and the internet is full of posting with frustrated clients.
Updating Win 8 has become more annoying than a root canal and at least the latter is purposeful.
It's hard to believe that Microsoft can't get its act together after all these years.
If anybody has found a viable solution to this problem (without returning to Win 7 or buying a Mac) please let me know.

Arturo

A:Unable to install any Windows 8 update

Have you tried the MS Apps troubleshooter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=268423

Read that one guy had used it for some buggy Win 8 apps and it gave him some missing security settings that he wasn't aware existed - could be an unseemingly associated issue, but you could try the Win updates again after running it.

Someone else had found (via MS) that carrying over Office was the cause and uninstalling that resolved - but you've probably already come across these in your own search.

Also have you tried this with a clean boot ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/unable-to-install-any-windows-8-update-682950.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a Similar problem in which I cannot install the update to Unable install latest latest windows update I get to percent and then it says it can t continue and resets My computer is a Windows machine upgraded to Windows I have ran sacs scan and it found corrupt files Done all Unable to install latest update the other scans that you have Unable to install latest update suggested and I did get that source image is repairable Tried all the Command prompts DIM Online and that would not work either Using Microsoft media creation I re download windows Is Mounted it do a dad and pointed the DIM online source to F it also says that source fills could not be found I have even tried to reset Windows but that encounters problems as well I have even tried to reset windows through ISO and that encounters problems as well I don t want to do a complete restore because I will Lose MS office that I paid for through my old work place an and my Windows REG Key would not work with windows Can you suggest anything else Will any of these fix the issue Windows Repair All In One Tweaking com Technicians Toolbox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587150/unable-to-install-latest-update/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I am having problems with the below security update
Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089)
which has been released in the past few days. Every time I go to install it, it fails an comes up with fail message - Error C0000005, when I go to help with this issue it takes me to vairous web pages relating to the error code, however not in relation to this updaate. Also I get a further Microsoft Windows notification box, "Hotfix Insatller Stopped working and was closed", message. I have tried to install this update 8+ times without success. Help required please.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/210990-unable-install-security-update.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm unable to download Windows security updates (I use Windows XP-Pro) and I can't figure out why.

When Windows Automatic Updates attempts to download, it's unable to complete the installation. Here's a list of the updates that I was unable to unload today:
Security Update for Office 2003 (KB945185)
Security Update for Microsoft Works Suite 2005 (KB943973)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2003 (KB950241)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB945432)
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB947355)
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB953465)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (KB943985) v2
Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (KB953432)

I've tried turning off my spyware blocking software and disabled my antivirus software, too. I have no problem downloading other software from the internet.

Any ideas where I should look to for a solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Rob

A:Unable To Install Windows Update

Hello Rob

Work your way throught this little lot checking after each to see if the problem is fixed

Start/Run and type in the box
regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
OK

Repeat the above for all of the following dlls
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll

1. The Windows Update Temporary folder is corrupted.
2. The Windows Update Agent 3.0 is not installed properly.
3. The Windows Installer 3.1 is corrupted.

NOTE: Some third party programs can also affect the Windows Update service. If you are running any third party applications such as Spyblocker, Internet or web accelerators (programs designed to boost the speed of the Internet connection), security or anti-virus programs (Norton, McAfee, etc.), temporarily disable or shut them down and then try accessing the Windows Update site later. Please be sure to enable them again when completing the update process.

Suggestion 1: Clean up Windows Update temporary folder
===========================================
1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.
3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.
4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

If the issue still persists, please move on to suggestion 2.

Suggestion 2: Reinstall Windows Update Agent 3.0
======================================
1. Please download the file here

2. Save the file to C: drive.
3. Click Start->Run, type: "C:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce" (without quotations) and then press Enter to install the Windows Update engine.

There is a space between "C:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe" and "/wuforce"

If it still does not work, please proceed to suggestion 3 to reinstall Windows Installer 3.1.

Suggestion 3: Reinstall Windows Installer 3.1
==================================
1. Press Start and choose Run.
2. Type in "cmd" (without quotation marks) and press OK.
3. In the command line, type in the following command and press Enter:
MSIexec /unregister

4. Then, type in the following command and press Enter:
MSIexec /regserver

After finishing the above steps, please check the result again. If the issue persists, please click Start, click Control Panel, and click Add/Remove Programs to check if Windows Installer 3.1 has been installed. If it has, please highlight and remove it. After that, please reinstall Windows Installer 3.1 from the following link.

Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-windows-update-276614.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Everyone,

To cut a long story short, I purchased a new Medion desktop pc very recently from Aldi which is running Windows 8. The problem is, I cannot get the Windows update (KB2770816) to install. I've searched the internet high and low and tried everything suggested, but still the problem persists.

I'll not go into great depth of this problem right now, as I really need to know first if I should be asking this forum about the problem, or instead Microsoft direct if that's possible?

If anyone could advise me on the next best step I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/29930-new-pc-unable-install-update-kb2770816.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Unable to install update KB2633171

Error: the file c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe is open or in use by another application. Close all the applications then Retry.

When I run DDS, it will run and make progress, but after about 15 minutes, the computer will freeze.

A:Unable to install update KB2633171

DISREGARD THIS PROBLEM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/444503/unable-to-install-update-kb2633171/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am unable to install "Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2736422)", ending in Error Code 800736B3 - Windows Update has encountered an unknown error. I have run SURT and the SFC scan. Attached is my CBS.zip. Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to install update KB2736422

hello celtic try this mate How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274044-unable-install-update-kb2736422.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Unable to install the Java 8 update 25.  My system is Windows 7, Home Premium, Service Pack 1.  When I tried to install the update using google chrome I received error code:  1603.  I've tried installing turning off my virus protection and it still kept giving me that same error code.  I deleted the downloads in my download files and I tried installing using iexplorer 11 and it seems as though I got further on the install, but it still couldn't get it complete.  It says it can't finish installing until I close the open files:  jp2launcher.exe  jp2launcher.exe  says I have 2 of those files open.  I can't seem to figure out where they are open at in my java. 

Can anyone help me solve this issue..

Thank you  Jojo

A:Unable to install the Java 8 update 25

Did you save the download to your desktop...and then install from the desktop?

FWIW:  Turning off your AV is not a good idea, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560804/unable-to-install-the-java-8-update-25/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am, as entitled, unable to update my quicktime, and thus, am unable to update or Re-install my iTunes. Unfortunately it was uninstalled, so i have no working method of refilling my iPod so i don't have to the same music everyday. Can someone please help me? If this helps, I'm working with Windows Vista, and the error message that appears when it is contemplating if there is enough space is "Folder Path " is invalid, is either over filled or empty" or something to that effect. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 54.61%

Can anyonehelp me with this I have been trying for the past few months to install these needed updates with no luck. I am getting 3 error messages.
1 -- error message # 8007000B

2 -- error message # 80070643

3 -- error message # 643

If someone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

bluedog_76550

A:Unable to install needed update's

Try these:

Error 1
1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
Run as
Administrator.
3. When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
4. At the command prompt, type "fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\ ",
without the quotation marks and then
press ENTER.
5. Reboot your machine and try to update again

Error 2:
Method 1: Determine the status of the Office Source Engine service
To determine the status of the Office Source Engine service, follow these steps:1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. In the list of services, double-click Office Source Engine.
3. View the Startup type list.
4. If the startup type is set to Disabled, change the startup type to Manual. To do this, click Manual in the Startup type list, and then click OK.
5. Try to install the Office update again.

Method 2: Repair the Ose.exe file
To repair the Ose.exe file, copy the Ose.exe file from the Office 2003 CD. To do this, follow these steps:1. Determine where the Ose.exe file is located. By default, the Ose.exe file is in the following location:
path:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine\
2. Insert the Office 2003 CD in the CD drive.
3. Right-click Start, and then click Explore.
4. Use Microsoft Windows Explorer to locate the following folder on the Office 2003 CD:
path:\Files\Setup
5. Right-click the Ose.exe file, and then click Copy.
6. Locate and then click to select the folder in which the Ose.exe file is located on the computer. For example, locate and then click to select the following folder:
path:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Source Engine
7. Right-click the Source Engine folder, and then click Paste.
8. If you are prompted to replace an existing file, click Yes.

Method 3: Remove and then reinstall Office 2003
To remove and then reinstall Office 2003, follow these steps.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
1. Insert the Office 2003 CD in the CD drive.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Click Add or Remove Programs.
4. In the Currently installed programs list, click the version of Office 2003 that is installed, and then click Remove.
5. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove Office 2003.
6. After Office 2003 is removed from the computer, click Add New Programs.
7. Click CD or Floppy.
8. In the Install Program From Floppy Disk or CD-ROM dialog box, make sure that the Office 2003 CD is in the CD drive. Then, click Next.
9. Click Finish. Then, follow the prompts to complete the installation of Office 2003.
10. Click OK when Office 2003 Setup is finished.
11. Remove the Office 2003 CD from the CD drive.

MORE INFORMATION
When you install Office 2003 from the Office 2003 CD or from an image of the Office 2003 CD, Setup installs the Office Source Engine (Ose.exe) system service to copy the required installation files to the local computer. After Setup.exe reads the Setup settings file, Setup.exe performs the following actions:• Determines the drive that has the most available space on the local computer
• Verifies that the user has administrative rights
• Installs the Office Source Engine
For more information about the Office Source Engine, see one of the following Microsoft Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit resources:• In the printed version of the Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit, see page 23.
• In the online version of the Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...402031033.aspx (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/or...402031033.aspx)

Error 3:
You may have to try the instructions given here:

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framew... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/120612-unable-install-needed-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a qsi cdrw dvd sbw- in a hp pavilion laptop - XP I cant burn anything anymore This happened before and customer service had me reformat from the recovery disks which i dont want to repeat I have found a patch which i need to run from dos after using a boot disk I made a boot diskette then transferred it to CDr on another computer so i could run it on my computer Changed the boot order to CD first in bios but windows still loads I tried a USB floppy drive with the boot disk itself boot disk worked on another computer and it tried to work but gave me a i o error message CR-R firmware to fix Unable my My question is should i get a new floppy is there something i can do to make a CD work as a boot disk should i reformat should i get a new cd drive or what Unable to fix my CR-R firmware Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Unable to fix my CR-R firmware

the patch is at etna.rpc1.org/qsi/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-fix-my-cr-r-firmware.242503/
Relevancy 54.18%

Able to browse all the antivirus firewall websites but cannot download any antivirus or firewall nor can I update the existing antivirus or firewall If i try to update or download any new antivirus then the error msg come's up amp ask's me to check the internet connection I can download amp install all other softwares antivirus Unable firewall to any / update install or but not any of the security softwares DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Home at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Sify Unable to install or update any antivirus / firewall Broadband BBImpSec exe C Program Files Unable to install or update any antivirus / firewall Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DAP DAP exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation SMSvcHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System TUProgSt exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files DC DCPlusPlus exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe K Win Server dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uStart Page about blank uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO NoExplorer - No File BHO BitComet Helper f e - a- b a-bcaf- b bfdfea - c program files bitcomet tools BitCometBHO dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SearchHelper dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B E dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB amp Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c ... Read more

A:Unable to install or update any antivirus / firewall

My name is Extremeboy (or EB for short), and I will be helping you with your log.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you do not make a reply in 5 days, we will need to close your topic.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic. The topics you are tracking can be found here.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixDownload Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2 Link 3Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.Close any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help youshould your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may call it to stall.Download and Run Scan with GMERWe will use GMER to scan for rootkits.Download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.
Alternate Download Site 1Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here. When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.Click the >>>Click on Settings, then check the first five settings:System Protection and TracingProcessesSave created processes to the logDriversSave loaded drivers to the logYou will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.After the reboot, run Gmer again a... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196930/unable-to-install-or-update-any-antivirus-firewall/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi All I dont know if any one will be able to help me but thought I would give it a tryn Here is the story I have a desktop and my wife has a laptop I not knowing much Unable Solved: Install to Windows Update about computers posted a thread in the network forums to get help setting up a home network for us for when she is home After getting the network Solved: Unable to Install Windows Update set up everything was working fine My wife went to bed so I done some updates on her laptop Windows updates and driver updates Well she took Solved: Unable to Install Windows Update the laptop to work with her the next day and when she went to log in it started loading her personal settings and then got a warning saying that windows was unable to load the stored personal profile Possible causes are insuffucent security rights or corrupt personal profile I posted this problem in my thread n the network forum since i thought maybe it had something to do with just setting up the home network Got a reply that basicly said i would need to delete and create a new profile So i thought I would use system restore and then just go through the network setup again This worked fine except now I can not get ITune to load I double click on the desktop short cut and get a message saying quot ITunes has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the incovience Send error repot to microsoft or dont send quot I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and still no luck getting it to work Have tried redownloading thinking I got a bad download Still no luck I finally called HP the laptop maker and they walked me through some steps to try and fix he problem The last step he tried getting me to do would could not get it to do anything so he decided I had a corrupt OS or missing files from the OS so he had me do a repair of windows with OS disks for XP Still no luck Also now I have a windows update that will not install also Says the update was unable to install successfully You need to restart your computer for the update to take effect Although I m sure I will need to post this is the windows forum Thanks in adavnce for any help I did get Itunes to work finally but still have the other problem nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Get Error Code, 8007371B.

Have run Malware Bytes and AVG anti virus.

Advice appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

A:Unable to install Update Service Pack 1

CheckSUR found and fixed a problem which could have caused the error message you got.

Please do another Check for Updates, then attempt to install ONLY the oldest update found.

If it fails, post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/345657-unable-install-update-service-pack-1-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Whenever I try to install the latest windows update I keep getting this. Is it importent, or is there anything I can do about it? Thank you for any help you can lend me.

kp

Relevancy 54.18%

update for windows 2000- kb913670

I get a message that "updates were unable to sucessfully instal"

any ideas on what to do?

A:unable to install today's auto update

Skip it and move on with your day

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-todays-auto-update.478971/
Relevancy 54.18%

This problem had me stumped. I have IE 7.0 installed in all 3 computers, but this is happening in only 1 of them. When I attempt to install the KB931768 cumulative security update, an error message appears.

I have enclosed screenshots of the error message and of the "Tools - About Internet Explorer" window.

A:Solved: Unable To Get KB931768 Update For IE 7.0 To Install

The problem has been solved. Thread closed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-get-kb931768-update-for-ie-7-0-to-install.571801/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all. I'm not able to install Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP (KB936782)

Everytime i click "Install", the installation will go on until it shows a message saying that the update could not be installed.

I can install the rest of my windows updates except for this particular one.

I've installed the WGA (genuine checker thingy), cleaned my registry but nothing works.

Solution please... Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-install-a-compoment-of-windows-update-177302.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am unable to install the Windows Anniversary Update keeps failing after second restart at around Machine is a relatively recent custom build a failing Update Install Unable Anniversary to - Keeps little over months old Gigabyte B M-HD rev mobo i - CPU Geforce GT GB GPU GB RAM Samsung EVO GB SSD Been running Windows Pro -bit with no problems sfc scannow gives a clean bill of Unable to Install Anniversary Update - Keeps failing health No apparent issues with drivers Device Manager shows all good Tried installing via Windows Update and also via the downloaded Windows Upgrade executable same result Everything goes well up until the second restart and then the start screen just hangs with the little circle of dots twiddling Unable to Install Anniversary Update - Keeps failing around indefinitely - up to hours - and no hard drive activity whatsoever The only USB devices connected are my keyboard and mouse I've tried installing in Clean Boot mode with all startup items and non-Microsoft services disabled no difference Tried increasing the size of the System Reserved partition from MB to MB no difference Tried installing while disconnected from the internet no difference Downloaded the Windows ISO which includes the Anniversary Update and tried an upgrade install in Clean Boot mode both with and without internet connection - installation froze at exactly the same place after the second restart Received the following error message upon recovering to previous version No idea where to go from here Clean install is definitely a last resort I have or paid for programs installed that I don't want to lose and which may or may not re-activate Any assistance would be most welcome

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65627-unable-install-anniversary-update-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Something is preventing my computer from downloading an important Security update. How can this be fixed? See details below:

Security Update for Windows Media Format Runtime 11 for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB954155)
Installation date: ‎11/‎17/‎2009 8:36 PM
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 80073712
Update type: Important
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
More information:
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS09-051 - Critical: Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Runtime Could Allow Remote Code Execution (975682)
Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

A:Security update unable to download and install

Error details: Code 80073712

This error address to corruption in C:\Windows\Servicing and C:\Windows\WinSxS folders.

Solutions: filling missing files (only if damages are not too big),Repair Instalation,System Restore.

Prepare below logs:

.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe as admin) and type:

sfc /scannow

when it finish type the following commnad:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

on your desktop appear sfcdetails.txt - it will be needed to diagnose

2.If you ran Readiness Tool,it should create CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder

both files: CheckSur.log,sfcdetails.txt pack and attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/260821-security-update-unable-download-install.html
Relevancy 54.18%

First off, thank you to whomever helps me work this out.

The problem: I have recently inherited a Eee PC c/XP sp3 and wanted to install Openoffice on it. Attempting to install open office triggered an error, which requested I update to the latest version of IE. Upon trying to activate windows update in order to install IE and any other necessary updates I run into a series of errors preventing me from activating it. I then tried to dwnld/install IE 8 from microsofts update page, which was on 50% successful. During the install I encounter a ieseptup.exe - Bad image error which reads:

The application or D:: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuapi.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

And that is where I am currently at.

A:Unable to activate windows update/install IE8

You do not need to update IE8 to install Open Office. Any browser Firefox, Chrome etc will work
For your other errors, go to Start/Run and type SFC /scannow put the XP CD in and it will replace any missing or corrupted files from the disc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-activate-windows-update-install-ie8-651894.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

I am having problems updating Java on Windows XP Home. I am getting an error when trying to install the latest version saying something like "unable to download Java' "download failed"

I have no Java showing in add/remove programs to remove so I can reinstall. I have also run JavaRA to cleanup old versions of Java and am still unable to download/install.

I have tried to download the manual patcher and am still getting the same error.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Unable to update/install Java

Hello jamisz!

I had a similar problem with one of the machines I have at home. I also tried running JavaRA to clean up previous version of Java that might have been installed incorrectly, but to no avail. What worked for me was deleting the folder that had the JRE inside. It should be located in a similar directory as this:

Quote:

C:\Program Files\Java

Completely remove that folder, then remove the folder:

Quote:

C:\WINDOWS\Sun

After deleting these two files, empty your recycle bin and restart your system. Upon restarting, download the latest version of Java from this location:

Download Java for Windows Firefox

Installation should be smooth. Sorry if this is a bit simple and crude of a solution, but it worked for me, so it's worth a try. If by chance those two files that need to be removed are not there, it might have something to do with your registry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-unable-to-update-install-java-605589.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Found something that worked Removed folders related to updates in C windows softwaredistribution WU went off without a hitch Don't see a way to remove the thread You may delete lock this if you wish Thanks anyways Thanks for your time For some time now Vista -bit has not been able to install two updates on my computer specifically KB and The two always fail Other updates that appear will come along and install fine leaving these two as fails everytime The code in Window's Update is CC I click quot Get Help quot and see nothing helpful I moved onto updates. Windows unable install Update to two trying stand alone updates and they fail as well Once downloaded I run them and get quot wusa exe - Bad Image C Windows system wuapi dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or Windows Update unable to install two updates. contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support quot followed by quot Installer encountered an error Windows Update unable to install two updates. x c is not a valid Win application quot This is the same error for both WUs Did a little looking around haven't seen anything at seems to match my problem exaclty Did see some people with the same error message under Windows XP who were asked to Run sfc purgecache and sfc scannow Did both sfc scannow results in a few minutes of scanning then the window closes at with no information I assume it had no problems to report Thanks again for your time would love to get this out of the way

A:Windows Update unable to install two updates.

1) Go to your "Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" folder. You should see
a bunch of folders with random looking names

2) Look in each of these folders until you find one that has a .cab file
with a name that contains the update number that failed (i.e.
Windows6.0-KB929427-x86-EXPRESS.cab or something similar). If you can't find
the cab file there should be some other file in the folder that indicates its
number.

3) Backup then delete the entire folder (the one with the random looking
name) that contains that cab file

4) Repeat for each of the updates that are failing for you

5) You might have to reboot at this point but I didn't have to

6) Either wait for the updater to notify you or manually check for updates

7) The updates should be available for download again

8) Let the updater download and apply the previously failed updates and it
should work this time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-unable-to-install-two-updates-219564.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Whenever I try to update I get an error code "80070005" If trying to install Microsoft Security Essentials I the get error code "0x80070006".
Can anyone tell me what these codes are and how to correct my problems. Thanks for the help.

A:Unable to update/Install Microsoft Security Essentials

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456579/unable-to-updateinstall-microsoft-security-essentials/
Relevancy 53.32%

I recently built a new desktop. Since installing Windows 7 64bit and running the updates I seem to be getting an update loop for the following updates...

kb2894854
kb2972107
kb2972216
kb2979578
kb3023224
kb3035490
kb3037581

It always says the updates installed successfully but when I restart the updates appear in Windows Update again and do not seem to have taken affect.

Due to this I am unable to update Windows further and receive the future updates including the free Windows 10 update.

Read many articles for possible solutions, try repair tools for Windows Update, .net cleanup tools, manual installations of the updates all to no avail.

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

A:Unable to install Windows 7 update kb2894854 - kb3037581

All of those except the first one are security updates for .net framework 4.5.2

Did you install .net framework 4.5.2 ?

I don`t have a KB2894854 update, but I do have a KB2894844

Are you sure you typed it correctly ?

If you have .net framework 4.5.2 installed it will show in Programs and Features in the Control Panel

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2901954

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372104-unable-install-windows-7-update-kb2894854-kb3037581.html
Relevancy 53.32%

On checking for updates instead of finding window stating Windows updates are up to date, it shows Windows 10 requesting restart to commence install. If I request check for update check, pop up displays, cannot check for updates until restart is carried out to install present updates. If I do that Win 10 will begin to install which I do not want.

Windows update history shows two statements:KB3035583 installed successful (Win 10 upgrade) ,also shows Update for Win 7 to upgrade to Win 10 Failed.

How can I, if possible get this Windows 10 up grade completely out of my system and go ahead and check for outstanding updates?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/130112-windows-10-update-poised-install-unable-disable.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have tried to install the Anniversary update to my machine via the standard download through windows. Using an attached 64gb USB (and even an attached 64gb SXDC) after being told insufficient storage does not work as the system then asks for 3gb to be available on the destination drive. Clearing all none essential programs, recovery images and using CCleaner still does not give the needed amount of drive space. Now every time I log in  I am asked to update but am at a stalemate. Has anyone found a way around this - for example using a cloning program to the USB and then cloning back to the installed 32gb drive onboard?Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-Aniversary-update-on-32gb-drive/td-p/5801815
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi All,

I am unable to install Security Vista update KB967723 (released very recently). When I attempt to install this patch I get the error code '80070020'.

I have downloaded this patch manually to install with no success. I have tried turning off my anti-virus (AVG) and windows firewall, with again no success. I keep getting the above error code.

I have also scanned my system with AVG, Windows defender, Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal & Ad-Aware (nil viruses etc...)

Can anyone help me please?

I use Vista 32 Home Premium

ta

James

A:Unable to install Security Vista update KB967723

Unistall completely AVG -impossible to disable fully this soft - I know well from my experience.If this don't help then standard procedure:

1.Run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges (right click on cmd.exe) as admin and type:

sfc /scannow

When it finish type in cmd.exe

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

on your desktop appear sfcdetails.txt

2.Try reregister WU http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
3.Run Readiness Tool Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, and for Windows 7
This tool even don't help create CheckSur.log file in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log

4.Download firegenul Altair Technologies Ltd.
place firegenul.exe in C:\Windows\System32

next again run cmd.exe with admin previlliges and type:

firegenul

it creates report from WindowsUpdate.log and is stored in C:\Windows\System32 as FireGenReport.htm

FireGenReport.htm,CheckSur.log and sfcdetails.txt pack and attache to post

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/248422-unable-install-security-vista-update-kb967723.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB942615)

The above update keeps failing when I try to install it. Have waited a few days in between in case it was corrupt and had to be fixed. Still no joy. Is it just my laptop or is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Relevancy 53.32%

I am having issues updating any anti virus software via wi fi or LAN I have also seen the following popup when doing a restart CL install virus update or to software. anti Unable RC Engine Dummy Winidow QPService exe - Application ErrorThe exception Unable to update or install anti virus software. Illegal InstructionAn attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction xc d occurred in the application at location x fd Click OK to terminate the program DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Paul at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Outdated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Outdated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgui exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Windows ehome ehRecvr exeC Windows ehome ehsched exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system conime exeC Windows system wbem WmiPrvSE exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp yahoo com uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnbmStart Page hxxp www google commDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnbBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO PlusIEEventHelper Class A F- A - A - C -AFBEC A D - c program files nuance pdf viewer plus bin PlusIEContextMenu dllBHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dlluRunOnce Shockwave Updater c windows system adobe shockwave SwHelper exe -Update - - Mozilla compatible MSIE Windows NT Trident SLCC NET CLR Media Center PC NET CLR NET C Zune NET CLR - http www cartoonnetwork ca games ben battle-ready index php mRun hpqSRMon lt no file gt mPolicies-Explorer BindDirectlyToPropertySetStorage dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c program files microsoft office office ONBttnIE dllIE EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - c windows windowsmobile INetRepl dllIE EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - c windows window... Read more

A:Unable to update or install anti virus software.

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer. I am The Dark Knight and will be assisting you. Please ask questions if anything is unclear.  Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com).There are 3 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin.You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.rkill.exerkill.comrkill.scrIt is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested on another computer and then transfer them to the Desktop of the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.Before proceeding any further the processes that belong to Windows Recovery need to be terminated so that it does not interfere with the cleaning procedure.Double-click on the RKill.exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Windows Recovery and other Rogue programs.===Please do not reboot your computer.  Now, please follow these instructions to run ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links and instructions for running this tool:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix (CF).Please go here to see a list of programs that need to be disabled.**Note: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.****Note 2: If you get a message saying "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", please restart your computer.**Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484639/unable-to-update-or-install-anti-virus-software/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have not been able to successfully install updates KB2676562 or 2679255. And now, along with those, KB2709715 and KB2731847 fail to install.

I have tried multiple fixes:
1. MS Fix It and hot fixes
2. manually installed updates
2. Ran Chkdsk (no errors found)
3. Ran System File Checker tool
4. Reset the Catroot2 folder
5. Regsitered the Windows update files
6. ReNamed the SoftwareDistribution folder
7. Cleared the BITS queue
and 8. Ran the System Update Readiness toll (CheckSur.exe). This is the only thing that has defined a problem. It found the CBS Mum Corrupt 0x800F0900 and the CBS Catalog Corrupt 0x800B0100 and notes 4 unavailable repair files.

Any thoughts on if the CBS corrupt Mum and Catalog are causing the failed updates and how do repair those?

A:Unable to install update KB2676562, error 800B0100

Have you tried Repair Install?

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251970-unable-install-update-kb2676562-error-800b0100.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Error I have Windows Bit system and I am unable to install Service Pack getting error message quot ERROR SXS COMPONENT STORE CORRUPT X quot Error Also I am unable to add or remove any features from Windows Optional features and getting error message quot An Error has occurred Not all of the features were successfully changed quot Error Unable to install / MS 1 Unable Windows Install Office 7 to 2013 update SP MS Office and getting below Event IDs Event ID Error An internal error has occured Event ID Error An error occured during the installation of assembly component Event ID Error code I have done below steps but it didn't work Download the System Update Readiness tool and run Try to install latest service pack from Windows update and manually as well Run the System File Checker SFC exe tool with the sfc scannow command but it failed to repair corrupted files Run the check disk by runing the command ckdsk f r Install the Other Windows security patches Unable to update Windows 7 SP 1 / Install MS Office 2013 manually I have attached the required logs But it didn't work Please help to resolve this issue

A:Unable to update Windows 7 SP 1 / Install MS Office 2013

Hello vishaltiwari and welcome to the forums
Your CheckSUR log has shown substantial problems on your computer:

Code:
Found 4597 errors
CSI Payload File Missing Total count: 4597
Due to the extent of the problem, I would highly recommend that you do a clean install: Clean Install Windows 7
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/290726-unable-update-windows-7-sp-1-install-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This box came with windows 7 64 bit Home OS.  I recently upgraded to the windows 10 OS in order to take advantage of the latest OS.  Around August the windows 10 anniverary update became available but upon attempting multiple times it have failed.  I receive a 0xc1900200 error and a reference to the system reserved partition not being big enough.  I don't seem to see a partition called System Reserved partition but have tried to expande what looks like a 100 MB SRP, using Partition Magic.  It doesn't let me change this 100 MB partition.  The PC runs fine but because of MS auto updates, which I need to keep other MS software up to date, I get regular failures of the Anniversary update release.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Unable-to-install-win-10-anniversary-update-on-Envy-700/td-p/5811332
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I have a problem with my Lumia 625. Some time ago Lumia started downloading and updating Info+Extras app. The app is dowloading, but it can't install. Everytime it tries to install, I got a message that it needs my attention, and when I open it in download centre in shop, I a get message that there was a problem with updating this app and the code of the error is 80004004. I tried to remove it from download list, but every few days it returns and tries to install, everytime with the same error. Sometimes I get this Info+Extras app showing on my app list, but I cannot open it. Also I cannot open Info+Extras menu in settings.
I have Windows Phone 8.1 version 8.10.12393.890 and I am from Poland.
Please help
Darek

A:Why am I unable to install/update Info+Extras on Lumia 625?

Reinstall the app, it should solve the problem.
-Go to settings > date+ time --turn off automatic date and time setting.
-set the date to 2115 year
-go back to Settings try to open extras+info.. Uninstall it.
-Fix your date.. Turn on automatic setting.
Now install the app -extras+info. You can find it in SysApp Pusher (another app from store)
-AV2RY

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/335209-why-am-i-unable-install-update-info-extras-lumia-625-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello guys new desperate user here I ve been trying to troubleshoot this issue for more than months and it s driving me nuts I even posted twice and pm ed a lot in the dd-wrt forum no responses I have a Linksys WRT GL router flashed with DD-WRT v -sp mini - build M NEWD Eko build set up as a Repeater Bridge It works flawless with any device I connected PCs laptops android phones but a specific laptop This laptop is a Packard Bell EasyNote TS windows laptop Wlan card atheros ar b This laptop is in turn able to connect to any router I ve tried but unable DD-WRT to... firmware Windows to was connect this WRT GL M Whenever I double click the router ESSID in the laptop it tries to connect for less than a second and prompts quot windows was unable to connect to this network quot and won t even ask for the password Summarizing - Any computer can connect with that router flashed with dd-wrt M except Windows was unable to connect to... DD-WRT firmware that specific computer - Windows was unable to connect to... DD-WRT firmware Laptop can connect with any router but that one flashed with dd-wrt M So far I have tried playing with different security configurations WEP WPA PSK AES WPA None check for MAC filtering manually set windows wlan connection profile clean windows wlan profiles and manually setting it again manually clean registry entries for wlan connection profiles just in case previous step didn t work run ccleaner to try to clean registry entries for wlan connection profiles just in case I missed something in the previous step I even changed router ESSID and set a new profile in windows just in case previous step didn t work update reinstall laptop wifi drivers manually set laptop IP DNS subnet gateway moving up and down in the IP range check router signal from the laptop with InSSIDer I actually saw its signal bounced quickly from - to - ish dB I moved far away from the router still could not connect Even tried removing antennas played with TX Power value in dd-wrt voodoo ed router and laptop in a dark room with black candles singing quot link ckers link quot Could you please point me in the right direction I don t know what else to try where else to go Thanks a ton in advance PS Same issue happened with a different Linksys WRT GL flashed with build Connecting flawlessly to any device but that specific laptop and that laptop could connect to any router but that one And sorry for my english just in case nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to... DD-WRT firmware

Focus on notebook bios, atheros drivers (some topic shows what sometimes helps to install older driver) and adapter settings. In my opinion changing of dd-wrt settings will not affect your problem, because it is in atheros, not in dd-wrt. I'm absolutely sure, if you buy wireless USB adapter for 20$, it will work perfectly

Also found one topic then user solved problem by disabling 802.11 Bluetooth High Speed in atheros adapter advanced properties in windows. In all other wireless adapters this option set to Auto, and don't cause any problems. Only atheros have it set to Enabled by default and this was a root cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-dd-wrt-firmware.1038128/
Relevancy 52.89%

Whatever I do to update java 6.0.18 to 6.0.20, I get the same error code:
"1606, could not find network location :. " (It is a stand alone computer, and no network installation.)
I get this message with online update by jucheck
I get it with online update with jxpiinstall.exe
It get it with the offline installer : jre-6u20-windows-i586-s.exe

And even more comprehensible, I get this error message if I try to uninstall Javan6.0.18
(I thought I make a clean installation after, but that is impossible too.)
the update from 6.017 to 6.018 went easy without any manual handling required.

I use: Vista sp2, on a Acer Aspire 5810T

A:unable install update java 6.020, and unable uninstall java 6.018

Hi -

See if Revo can take out ALL existing Java installations --> http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

Also try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Let Java check your Java installation --> http://www.java.com/en/download/dt_v...s_jre=1.6.0_18

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-install-update-java-6-020-and-unable-uninstall-java-6-018-a-476704.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I'm having problems with Yahoo redirecting to adware sites Have run AVG and Trend Micro Housecall scans with little or no results but am still having the issue I'm trying to update Spybot and install AdAware but am getting errors when it tries to go through the install process I'm also unable to install Windows Update updates it comes up with error code EFE For some reason I can't get RootRepeal to finish but I've attached everything else DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Josh and Steph at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free enabled Updated Windows Redirecting Update Yahoo Updates and Install to Unable DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Windows Defender enabled Yahoo Redirecting and Unable to Install Windows Update Updates Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system crypserv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system RioMSC exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Josh and Steph Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c... Read more

A:Yahoo Redirecting and Unable to Install Windows Update Updates

Hello marvelusjd, Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.**********************Uninstall these old versions of Java, as they are malware magnets:Java™ 6 Update 3Java™ 6 Update 4Java™ 6 Update 5Java™ 6 Update 7Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6**********************Download and run RootRepeal Please download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.Direct Download (Recommended)Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorZip Mirrors (Recommended if you have a slower connection or if the Direct Download mirror is down)
Primary MirrorSecondary MirrorSecondary MirrorUnzip the RootRepeal.zip file it to it's own folder. (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror to download RootRepeal).Close/Disable all other programs especially your security programs (anti-spyware, anti-virus, and firewall) Refer to this page, if you are unsure how.Physically disconnect your machine from the internet as your system will be unprotected.Double-click on RootRepeal.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, please right-click and run as Administrator...Click the tab at the bottom. Now press the button.A box will pop up, check the boxes beside All Seven options/scan area
Now click OK.Another box will open, check the boxes beside all the drives, eg : C:\, then click OK.The scan will take a little while to run, so let it go unhindered.Once it is done, click the Save Report button. Save it as RepealScan and save it to your desktopReconnect to the internet.Post the contents of that log in your reply please.Post those logs back in your next reply.**********************Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.Please post the contents of that document. **********************We need to disable your Windows Defender Real-time Protection as it may interfere with the fixes that we need to make. Open Windows Defender. Click on Tools, General Settings. Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended). After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.After all of the fixes are complete it is very important that you enable Real-time Protection again.Note: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then update, run it, then do a "Perform Full Scan"Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these places:http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=buttonhttp://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.htmlhttp://www.besttechie.net/mbam/mbam-setup.exeDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. * Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan. * The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note) * The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. * Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251564/yahoo-redirecting-and-unable-to-install-windows-update-updates/
Relevancy 52.89%

Had been running Emsisoft anti malware on deep scan and patches or update. manually to install auto MS Unable security via found following results four fake av attempts and trojan exploit java cve - Attempted to remove same Unable to install MS security patches manually or via auto update. and was unble to do so Keyboard and mouse froze had to unplug from power to shut down Ran scan again this time took more than hours normall full scan hours reported trojan still present and again froze up as above Since then I have removed and reinstalled java latest version and uninstalled emsisoft anti malware program Attempted to run Dr web system became unstable even in enhanced protection mode rendered both mouse and keyboard ineffective again had to power down Rebooted in safe mode was able to run Dr web in quick scan which reported no malicious activity However when exiting message came on saying part of application was disabled and did not run All of this came about because I am unable to install MS security patches Virus or malware is blocking same I have had experience with running GMER program in past and tried several runs each time system either rebooted or shut down with out indicating any root kit activity Will attach GMER log and DDS log as requested Any help would be greatly appreciated As of now I am missing four possibly five critical MS security patches and have to click mouse or times for any actions to occur Prior to the blocking system was running without incidence DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by john d'orsi at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Roxio RoxioNow Player RNowSvc exe C Program Files Secunia PSI PSIA exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Secunia PSI sua exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun LaunchApp Alaunch mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun AppleSyncNotifier c program files com... Read more

A:Unable to install MS security patches manually or via auto update.

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.[list]
alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
Then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

For complete or visual instructions on installing and running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware please read this link

Post back with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log once it's complete.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unable-to-install-ms-security-patches-manually-or-via-auto-update-582214.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello and thanks in advance for you help.

Having purchased this PC from an acquaintance for my son last week, we are unfortunately having redirection problems surfing and difficulties installing or updating security programs.

Using any browser (but I commonly use Chrome) I'm constantly redirected to one of several sites such ASK.com, shagaholic.com, ebay, youtube....
With regards to installing programs Ive tried but failed to install AVG and my ISP's (virgin media) free software. I have managed to install Ad Aware but I cannot update the definitions and have the same problem with all windows updates.

I ran Malwarebytes but the system crashed last night after 14 hours of running and reaching nearly 1.9 million files.

I hope that this info helps

A:Browser Redirection and unable to update / install security progams

I think Ive managed to repair the PC with a couple of tools as Im no longer being redirected, can receive updates and have the speed that one would normally expect.

Therefore please feel free to close this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/360043/browser-redirection-and-unable-to-update-install-security-progams/
Relevancy 52.89%

After formatting my HD and doing a fresh install of my XP os, slip streaming with it Service pack 3, I'm now unable to update the machine from the MS update site. All drivers have been installed. Can someone give me direction as to how to proceed? I've tried going to the Microsoft pages where one is able to have it automatically fixed remotely this was not successful. Runnin thin on ideas here. Hope someone can help
Thanks

A:After fresh install of XP my autoupdate receives an error unable to update OS

Try this utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-fresh-install-of-xp-my-autoupdate-receives-an-error-unable-to-update-os.185107/
Relevancy 52.89%

For the last couple weeks, I've tried about 10 times to install the update. Get the same error every time, been unable to find any solution online.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/76195-unable-install-windows-update-kb318414-error-800f0825.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Win 7-64 Ultimate, don't know if it has SP1

I get the 0x80080005 error, no matter what I do. Can't get Win Update to run, can't install XP mode, can't even get the System Update Readiness Tool to install. Has been updated rfegularly until this ...

A:Unable to install updates or System Update Readiness Tool!

thats funny cause i just installed it and the readiness tool and now i have no sound and streaming videos play like there on a dial-up at 27k. same os.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-install-updates-or-system-update-readiness-tool-566281.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I try kb2756921, to Unable winsxs(corrupted) problem with update install to install update kb and can't do it from wu manual use kb I Unable to install update kb2756921, problem with winsxs(corrupted) have an error with net component and winsxs I start explore a problem and get this after trying to update screenshot wu in attach error after sfc working sorry russian windows C Windows system gt sfc scannow Windows CBS log windir Logs CBS CBS log C Windows Logs CBS CBS log unable to restore after enable-disable NetFx error winsxs corrupted C Windows system gt DISM online enable-feature FeatureName NetFx C DISM enable ok C Windows system gt DISM online disable-feature FeatureName NetFx C DISM disable not ok DISM C Windows Logs DISM dism log Also it impossible run windows install update mode winsxs corrupted error screenshots and logs in attach i'll adde later sfcreport txt findstr C quot SR quot c quot Hashes for file member quot c quot Manifest hash for component quot c quot Unable to load manifest for component quot c quot Expected quot c quot Found quot c quot Store corruption detected in function quot c quot FileHashMismatch on resource quot c quot WARNING Deleting invalid luacdf quot c quot Repair results created quot c quot Looking for manifest in Backup Dir quot windir logs cbs cbs log gt userprofile Desktop sfcreport txt sfcreport txt findstr C quot SR quot c quot Hashes for file member quot c quot Manifest hash for component quot c quot Unable to load manifest for component quot c quot Expected quot c quot Found quot c quot Store corruption detected in function quot c quot FileHashMismatch on resource quot c quot WARNING Deleting invalid luacdf quot c quot Repair results created quot c quot Looking for manifest in Backup Dir quot c quot Error quot windir logs cbs cbs log gt userprofile Desktop sfcreport txt

A:Unable to install update kb2756921, problem with winsxs(corrupted)

Thanks for reposting - welcome to the forum!

This is from the SFCDetails file

Code:
2013-02-23 20:13:57, Info CSI 00000455 [SR] Repairing 1 components
2013-02-23 20:13:57, Info CSI 00000456 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2013-02-23 20:13:57, Info CSI 00000459 [SR] Cannot verify component files for system.runtime.serialization.resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_MSIL (8), Culture = [l:10{5}]"ru-ru", VersionScope neutral, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:b77a5c561934e089}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
It appears not to have been found by CheckSUR, so we'll have to do a manual replacement.
The problem here is that I don't have a Russian copy of the appropriate file.

Can you get hold of either an installation disk (any edition of Windows 7) or do you have another PC you can copy the file from?
If we assume that you have another PC, copy the files

C:\Windows\Winsxs\msil_system.runtime.serialization.resources_b77a5c561934e089_6.1.7600.16385_ru-ru*.*
to your machine - put it in the folder C:\goraa\Manifests (which you will need to create)

Close all windows (it would be a good idea to print these instructions!)
Now reboot to the Repair Environment - as soon as the machine restarts, start tapping F8 - this should bring up the Advanced Boot Menu, at the top of which should be the option 'Repair my Computer'
Pick that
You'll have to log in with your username and password.
Pick the option to use a Command Prompt
At the prompt type
DIR C:\goraa
hit the enter key - if you get a 'Not Found' error try
DIR D:\goraa
or
DIR E:\goraa

The drive letter in use when you find the folder will need to be substituted (for<drive>) into the following command...

XCOPY <drive>:\goraa <drive>:\windows\winsxs /y /i /s /v /h

(e.g.XCOPY P:\wfire P:\windows\winsxs /y /i /s /v /h )

run the command (it should take almost no time)and when the prompt returns, type
EXIT
and hit the Enter key to exit Command Prompt - reboot to Normal Mode Windows.
Now run SFC /SCANNOW in an Elevated Command Prompt
then reboot and upload the new CBS.log file to your reply

It may be worth running a new CheckSUR scan as well - post the CheckSUR.log file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/279858-unable-install-update-kb2756921-problem-winsxs-corrupted.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Ever since I updated my wireless NETGEAR WNR1000v2 Firmware to its current Version V1.1.2.28NA I'm unable to connect to the internet with my PSP Firmware version of 6.60. I used to be able to connect up with no problems. I can scan and it sees the connection and i'm able to set the PSP network settings up however when I go to test it it will not connect up. Any way of being able to fix this problem?

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have recently done a clean Windows XP Install followed by installing Service Pack then Everything was running smoothly and I was able to log into the desktop However when I tried to check XP included Install, hijackthis to unable WIndows Update!! log Clean access for updates via Windows update in Internet Clean XP Install, unable to access WIndows Update!! hijackthis log included explorer however it always says the Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage After diagnosing the issue it found no problems I can browse any other website but sometimes when I click on an item through doing a google search it sometimes sends me to a random search engine page I then installed spybot fully updated it however it showed nothing in the scan results I think that my browser maybe hijacked because when I opened internet explorer today a webpage immediately loaded up with the address http chinabytemail com search php Sometimes Eset Smart Security reports that addresses have been blocked and I have attached a screenshot of the message it displays I have attached a hijackthis log below Please reply Thanks nbsp

A:Clean XP Install, unable to access WIndows Update!! hijackthis log included

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clean-xp-install-unable-to-access-windows-update-hijackthis-log-included.934251/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been having an issue as of late with more than one program where the installer acts like it cannot access or cannot find the very files it just downloaded to install.  At first I only saw this with a game I was grabbing for my sister, no big issue, but I've been seeing it hit a few more programs over time, including Adobe Reader's updater and Skype's as well.  For some direct text the exact error I get from Adobe is:
"System cannot find the file specified.  Error: 2."
And the error from Skype is:
"Installing Skype failed; code 2.  The system cannot find the file specified."
Have tried several scans and forced admin rights as well as taking ownership over specific directories to no avail.

Previously posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541304/unable-to-install-various-software-due-to-file-not-found-related-errors/

A:Unable To Install or Update Software Due To "File Not Found" Related Errors

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/541514 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541514/unable-to-install-or-update-software-due-to-file-not-found-related-errors/
Relevancy 52.46%

Old Compaq Presario Win XP Home SP MSIE Avast Internet Security WinPatrol SpywareBlaster MVPS Hosts file frequent scans with Malwarebytes AntiMalware Some days ago I ran an offered emergency update of Avast Internet Security and forgot to uncheck the Google Chrome installation It took a couple of tries before the update would go to completion Immediate failed after Chrome update Unable MSIE w/ install to Avast! use 8 Google result was inability to access the Internet via MSIE Temporary fix was to Repair the AIS install That worked a few times but now it does not after what appeared to be an unnecessary Adobe Flash Player install I've removed AFP altogether for the time being but that did not fix the problem Google Chrome does not appear among my installed programs so I cannot remove it - but bing com is now at the top of the R section of the HijackThis log Could that be blocking MSIE I do not use Bing When I try to go online with MSIE the program opens then indicates this tab has been recovered only the first tab of three and then closes immediately When I try to click on any link for example in an e-mail message MSIE opens Unable to use MSIE 8 after Avast! update w/ failed Google Chrome install and immediately closes again with the usual invitation to report the problem to Microsoft I can post the HJT log if desired I am posting this from one of the office computers since I cannot get online at home e-mail continues to function normally on the home computer Thanks for enlightenment

A:Unable to use MSIE 8 after Avast! update w/ failed Google Chrome install

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521348/unable-to-use-msie-8-after-avast-update-w-failed-google-chrome-install/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, I'm being unable to install the Service Pack 1 for some reason (KB976932). I already tried the System Update Readiness and here's a HUGE log that came up. Please, I'd appreciate any help you guys may give me.

A:Unable to install updates in windows 7 error 800B0100 update KB976932

I also used the Windows Update Troubleshooter v1.3 by HackSys Team, still not being able to install the updates. I'll appreciate any furher help for this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/254570-unable-install-updates-windows-7-error-800b0100-update-kb976932.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I'm having a major virus/malware issue as my McAfee firewall protection stopped working suddenly. Called McAfee to reinstall the virus software and they were unable to install it. They said that since my Windows Update feature is not working (there is a big red X and updates are not downloading and installing) the McAfee installation is failing. Asked me to fix this issue first and then try McAfee installation.

Not sure what to do, any adivse? thanks.

A:Unable to install McAfee Virus software due to Windows Update error

You say your Windows Update is not working, yes? Try this Windows Update - Reset then try reinstalling McAfee. And it might not hurt to do this SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/242631-unable-install-mcafee-virus-software-due-windows-update-error.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My brother has a IBM ThinkPad T40 with Windows XP and a Linksys WPC54G Ver. 2 Notebook Adapter to connect wirelessly. After updating windows and installing Norton Internet Security 2011 he is having a problem connecting to the internet wirelessly. The status says: "Validating Identity" and never changes. This happens at my house and at his house with different routers.

A:Unable to connect wirelessly after windows update/antivirus software install

Try scanning your computer for viruses, I suggest a boot-scan then see if you can connect after.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398745/unable-to-connect-wirelessly-after-windows-updateantivirus-software-install/
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay I want to update my DVD-rom Driver due to it update.... Firmware having a difficulty playing LOTR-FOTR Special Edition Here s a link to LG s site http ca lgservice com index b c jsp Link doesn t work Got to www lgservice com than to Canada than to device driver dvd-rom scroll down to LOTR-FOTR Special edition Will tell you Firmware update.... there Now I know that I have to download the files from www bootdisk com for Dos After I do this do I double click on the files from Firmware update.... Bootdisk com and send them to a floppy Firmware update.... disk Than after that the files from LG s site I put on this Bootable Disk Restart the computer type in the command and let it go If I do this wrong is there anyway of screwing up my Bios I have a Dell computer and don t want to screw anything The Lg Dvd-rom I bought seperatly and installed myself Someone help me on this or was the above correct nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

O K when originally wanting to do an Upgrade to Windows i used VM to check it out When i decided after alot of research to do the upgrade i used Windows upgrade assistant The message i receved on compatibilty was only one problem Your PC Firmware doesn't support secure boot so you won't be able to use it in Update Firmware Windows Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database Sure anyone who has UEFI like me received this message Firmware Update using this upgrade assistant Through many hour and days of research on internet and other forums nobody seems to know how i can update my firmware neither ASUS could advise me or Microsoft To me i figured it should be a BIOS update but no new ones are available for my system So since i had no answers i decided just to do an install of Windows Pro bit clean install works well faster then Windows So far i like it Only clue i have at this point was a site i found Knowing my BIOS is a American Megatrend http www ami com Products BIOSandEFIFirmware AptioV Not sure if this is an answer to be able to do a UEFI install of Windows Pro again to get full use of secure boot GPT Partitions but this is closest clue i got BIOS stuff and flashing it can always be risky rendering the motherboard inoperable causing major issues that i do not want to do If anyone knows anything on this and can help with it would be very much appreciated i am stumped on this i would like to take full advantage of my system for now i can not TY by way ASUS Essentio cm Intel i ghz Motherboard P H -M-PRO

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508279/firmware-update/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed Open Wrt Bin file on my WR703N Mini portable wifi device. After that it doesn't broadcast WiFi Signals. But Through the LAN cable and using ftp i can connect the Flash memory. Please anyone can help me to Update to my Old Firmware version using FTP. I have my old firmware version's bin file. Pls help to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update-help-big-one.1034960/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Aspire E 14. Last night, I saw I have 1 critical update for firmware v1.17. When I clicked the update button it just says "updating" It just goes on and is not stopping. I closed the portal and a window appears saying reflashing. I saw it did reflash up to 100%, but why won't the critical update notification disappear on Acer Care Center portal? I also checked update history and the firmware is not yet included. I tried it again the next morning, clicked the update button, but still, it just says updating and can go on until you close the portal.  Any solution? Did my Aspire really did reflash? It seemed nothing has changed. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Update-on-firmware-v1-17/td-p/443847
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Aspire E 14. Last night, I saw I have 1 critical update for firmware v1.17. When I clicked the update button it just says "updating" It just goes on and is not stopping. I closed the portal and a window appears saying reflashing. I saw it did reflash up to 100%, but why won't the critical update notification disappear on Acer Care Center portal? I also checked update history and the firmware is not yet included. I tried it again the next morning, clicked the update button, but still, it just says updating and can go on until you close the portal.  Any solution? Did my Aspire really did reflash? It seemed nothing has changed. Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Update-on-firmware-v1-17/td-p/443847/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

For those with any of the following, OCZ has issued a series of firmware updates for the OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3 and RevoDrive 3 bringing the firmware towards version 2.22,

OCZ Technology

For those with Windows installed on it the USB stick method works very well (and easy to set up),

NEW! - Bootable tools for OCZ SSD's

List of resolved issues (as well as a direct download link) can be found here),

OCZ Vertex 3, Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Agility 3, Solid 3, RevoDrive 3 2.22

A:OCZ SSD Firmware update for...

Thanks! My Agility 3 will appreciate this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/227342-ocz-ssd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Dear Users,
Netgear WGR614 v7
Please advise on why I can't update the firmware. Every time I get the message that the upgrade has failed.

Arturo

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte CD-RW. model GO-R5232B. I downloaded a zipped Firmware of the same model from the Gigabyte website. Is it safe to update my hardware with this firmware even it has not encountered any problems for the past two years?

Tony

Relevancy 52.46%

I don't know much about firmware updates as I never had to do it but my DRW-2014L1Tburners are giving me some coasters in vista x64. Not 1 coaster under Nero 6 in xp pro.

I got the driver update listing in the sticky, went to the asus site to check on a firmware update for my burner's for x64 vista and there are 3 hopefully that will eliminate the coasters.

My question is: If I get the updates for the 64-bit vista will that interfere with those drives when I use xp pro ?

thanks,
kevin

PS: I use swappable drives; switching between vista x64 and xp pro.
only keeping xp for gaming and Nero 6

A:cd/dvd firmware update ?

Originally Posted by kem

I don't know much about firmware updates as I never had to do it but my DRW-2014L1Tburners are giving me some coasters in vista x64. Not 1 coaster under Nero 6 in xp pro.

I got the driver update listing in the sticky, went to the asus site to check on a firmware update for my burner's for x64 vista and there are 3 hopefully that will eliminate the coasters.

My question is: If I get the updates for the 64-bit vista will that interfere with those drives when I use xp pro ?

thanks,
kevin

PS: I use swappable drives; switching between vista x64 and xp pro.
only keeping xp for gaming and Nero 6

no the firmware should be backwards compatible

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/244741-cd-dvd-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Laptop is a Dell Vostro 1000 with XP Home SP3. Just installed a Crucial SSD. Works great. Tried to install a firmware update; not so great. Following the instructions from the Crucial site, I downloaded the update (it's an ISO file) and burned it to a CD. In the BIOS, changed boot order to CD drive first. Restarted the laptop. No joy - Windows still boots to the desktop. What could be wrong? I know almost nothing about using ISO files. TIA.

A:SSD Firmware Update

CD-image ISO files have to be written to CD in a special way, if you just copied the ISO file to a CD like a normal file, that won't work. There's a free app for creating a CD from an ISO file, it's called IMGBurn: http://www.filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ssd-firmware-update.1073966/
Relevancy 52.46%

Could someone please tell me the manufacturing web site for MATSHITA CD-ROM CR-586 and OPTORITE CD-RW CW4802 so that I could do a firmware update??????????????????????????????????????????

Relevancy 52.46%

ok ive checked a bunch of sites and i wanna get my routers firmware to 3.43 so that it'll be primed for halo 3 tommorow. the problem is when i try to download i end up with a 505 error message saying: failed to change directory

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 52.46%

I have an Olympus Evolt-500 that won't update the firmware. I'm running XP pro with a DSL internet connection. I've talked to every tech support person Olympus has and they don't have a clue what's wrong.

It will recognize the camera and lenses but it will download from 50% to 83% of the firmware update, then a message pops up and says no connection to server and everything shuts off. They had me try the download with no firewall on and using just the modem no router. I've used Olympus Viewer, Olympus Master and Olympus Studio Trial version and they all download about the same amount before they shut down.

I'm open to suggestions at this point.

Relevancy 52.46%

I periodically check the website for my router to see if there are any new firmware updates. I checked it today and every time i try it says :
A New Version is Found. Do You Want to Upgrade to the New Version Now?

Firmware Version:
Current VersionV1.2.0.8 New VersionV1.2.3.7

I click Yes.
It then tells me that the update failed.
Any suggestions?

I am running an XP machine.
I have Verizon DSL.
I have a Westell model 2200 modem and a netgear wnr2000 router.

Any other information you need i will try my best to provide. Just ask.
Thanks

Relevancy 52.46%

Im not sure how to update my firmware. Im having trouble burning CD-Rs with nero 7.0 because it keeps coming up with this calibration error. I posted that thread in this same forum ( http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/453562-nero-issues-data-disks.html)
but it just leads to this new question about updating my firmware because it might be a possibility. Im also running SP1.

I went to this page called "the firmware page" link- (http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php) and searched for my Disk Drive but had no luck in finding it. Even if I were to find it, how would I go about updating it, and how can I tell if its up to date?

Im running win XP and it is a Toshiba Qosimo laptop e15-av101
I looked in my computer/cd drive/ properties to see the name of my drive and hopfully I have the right one, it is a

MATSHITA dvd-ram UJ-830s.

Relevancy 52.46%

Trying to update firmware on blu-ray but frm file will not write in Vista says I need supported writing software. What exactly do I need to do this?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/263518-update-firmware-blu-ray.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I have recently purchased an "Onyx Portable Media Player" by "Mach Speed Technologies". I installed the included drivers and software and am currently upgrading the firmware. The update window says "SigmaTel MSCN Firmware", so I'm assuming it's licensed by SigmaTel. It's updating from version 000.000.000 to 880.282.433. The window's progress bar seems to be stuck at "Initializing", with no advances made in the main progress bar but the smaller one constantly filling and then refilling. Is this just going to take a long time or is there something wrong?

I can provide a screenshot if needed.

A:Firmware update

Is this the media player firmware or motherboard?
Why did you feel the need to upgrade the firmware?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firmware-update.580681/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys I have a Samsung SH-S222L. Should I upgrade the firmware to SB02?

A:Should I update the firmware?

Are you having a problem the firmware upgrade corrects? If not, leave it alone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-update-the-firmware.876024/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi everyone. I would like to know if i should update the firmware on my ssd. It is not brand new, maybe 3 yrs old. ocz technology. I have neve done this. So i need to know how to figure out exactyly what i have and if i even need to.

any help would be much appreciated

A:update firmware

I don't see any harm in updating firmware. But please identify the firmware that you would like to update and what exactly are your doubts about doing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228604-update-firmware.html
Relevancy 52.03%

HP-Update FIRMWARE update problem?
I got some critical update for my Seagate 320 gb hard drive?s firmware. I went to download an process the update, later it asked me to insert a blank disk. Well I don?t have a blank disk but I hit bootable cd anyway thinking it would create some file on the hard drive. Well obviously that?s not what it had in mind because my disk drive opened, I shut the disk drive and it started saying writing data to disk. HOW could it do that with no disk. I couldn?t close it. It then said installation succesfull. What the heck. I restarted my computer to see if I had screwed up my system and it seams to be running fine. Have I screwed up my hard drive? Did the dang update install? Can I delete these firmware updte files lying around on my desktop? Please help me????

A:HP UPDATE FIRMWARE update problem?

Originally Posted by GreatNate

HP-Update FIRMWARE update problem?
I got some critical update for my Seagate 320 gb hard drive’s firmware. I went to download an process the update, later it asked me to insert a blank disk. Well I don’t have a blank disk but I hit bootable cd anyway thinking it would create some file on the hard drive. Well obviously that’s not what it had in mind because my disk drive opened, I shut the disk drive and it started saying writing data to disk. HOW could it do that with no disk. I couldn’t close it. It then said installation succesfull. What the heck. I restarted my computer to see if I had screwed up my system and it seams to be running fine. Have I screwed up my hard drive? Did the dang update install? Can I delete these firmware updte files lying around on my desktop? Please help me????

It is ok.

I dont know what happened, but You HAVE to burn the bootable disk, and then boot into it after a restart in order to update the firmware.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/220828-hp-update-firmware-update-problem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Router TL-WR N version Windows bit Internet WAN port Problem started when I was trying to figure out a way to reverse my firmware upgrade to Open WRT I first followed the steps of using Putty and WinSCP am a networking retard but i blindly followed instructions I got an error at the last stage of it At this point my router was being identified and net was fine I just wanted back my old firmware So I tried a Hard Reset My router does not do a hard reset It has a tiny button labelled quot WPS Reset quot Apparently that is supposed to be the hard reset button which when pressed for - seconds is supposed to flash all the LEDs together when complete However it does not work in my router All the LEDs remain unchanged when i keep the button pressed But when re-plugged my Lan cable i started getting this problem My Internet runs fine with the ethernet cable directly connected to Windows Modem, Discover and revert Unable to Firmware to Original cant my PC However my PC is no longer able to detect my router Also cannot open router Windows Unable to Discover Modem, and cant revert to Original Firmware page with both default ips quot quot Windows Unable to Discover Modem, and cant revert to Original Firmware or quot quot Previously my LAN used to get discovered within seconds of plugging in Now it says quot identifying quot for a couple of minutes and then changes to quot Unidentified network quot Since then I've tried the hard reset several times with all cables unplugged plugged immediately after power on with power off etc Just desperation moves Nothing works I have followed the previous posts and guide on the quot unidentified network quot issue but it hasn't done me any good Also re-installed the ethernet drivers for my motherboard Didn't work Is my router broke

A:Windows Unable to Discover Modem, and cant revert to Original Firmware

Quote:
My router does not do a hard reset.

Usually when a tech wants the user to do that it means pulling the power cord from the device.

Have you tried opening Command Prompt [right-click the icon in Accesssories and choose Run as administrator] and typing ping 192.168.x.x, whatever the default is for your router? IPCONFIG should communicate with the Router and give that number as Default gateway.

Quote:
Is my router broke?

Very possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346780-windows-unable-discover-modem-cant-revert-original-firmware.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Can't seem to find an answer to my question - Does the firmware update mean I have to reinstall windows? I have done firmware updates on other devices in the past, but not on a "boot" device, so just need an answer.

Edit: According to samsung it does not wipe HD, but just wanted people who have done an "inplace upgrade" to answer.

Edit: It worked fine through magician.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71269-samsung-850-evo-firmware-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, i bought this network attached storage drive from Maplin Dual SATA Network Enclosure : Network Enclosures : Maplin

I tryed updating the firmware and got some message in German about how if i updated the firmware the network connection would be lost. i clicked ok and now after rebooting my drive cannot access it. i have reset it and cannot try to update the firmware again as there is not USB Port on the drive to access it directly from the computer.

Anybody have any ideas on what to do??

A:Firmware update gone wrong

Newer BIOS chips have what is called a boot block sector. When flashing the BIOS this part is not flashed. Basically all it does is run the floppy drive, and if you are lucky you will also get basic video. I have re-flashed a "dead" BIOS with this. The MB was manufactured in 1998. The first attempt at flashing failed-nothing but beeps on restart. I downloaded the correct Bios update, made a new floppy to flash the BIOS and reran the flash program. There was nothing on the monitor, just a black screen, but I could hear the floppy drive being accessed. Follow the flash utility instructions and let it do its' thing. It took several long minutes, but it worked.

I'm providing this link below. Do not hold me or vistax64 responsible.
Wim&#39;s BIOS Page: BIOS Upgrades, Motherboard identification and more...

Finally, you can approach your manufacturer of your PC or bios to purchase a replacement.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/250937-firmware-update-gone-wrong.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I have a problem with OneLink+, where DP is not working. I believe a firmware update should fix this. The update.log which is returned from tp_onelinkplus_dock_fw.exe is: Version: 0.00.000Update result: 255Error description: Can't connect to Synaptics VMMxxxx DP hub IC The paradox is that I am trying to update the firmware to fix the DP and firmware won't update unless you have a DP already connected.  In my quest to fix this, I have downloaded many files some of those where for an incorrect model, pressumably the other OneLink. I am now wondering if I have overwritten the firmware of OneLink+ with that of OneLink. Is that possbile?  Is there any other way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/OneLink-cannot-update-firmware/td-p/3483691
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a netgear wnr1000 v2. I have been in the router settings and had it check for the latest firmware. It tells me I have the latest and that version is 1.0.0.12NA. Now, when I go to the netgear website and look up my router here: http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/ it says the latest version is 1.1.2.54. So I download it and go to install it to my router and get the error "Firmware upgrade failed. Please check your file." I know it's the right file. Only 3 files are in the installation and they are .html, .img, and .txt, and the image file is the installation one.

Relevancy 51.6%

i have been trying to update the driver firmware for my pioneer dvd writer and im having a problem running the software the drive is the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- and im trying to install the firmware version i think its called filename DVR FW B EXE i follow the vague instructions from pioneeraus com au and run the exe file and it comes up with a command promp window and i get a dialogue box pop up in front of that titled DVD Drive help Firmware update R/RW quot DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help UPGDVD quot and it DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help says quot available target is not found quot i also tried to update the driver through device manager but there is no inf file that i can find on the net so im pretty sure thats a no go if anyone knows a way around this problem or if there is another way to update my driver i would be very greatful if you could help im running xp with a P gig CPU with gig ram and a gig HDD cheers nbsp

A:DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help

First of all a firmaware update is not a "driver". all optical drives use the windows native drivers and only MS updates that. I have never seen a firmware update as you describe open a command prompt window. if Pioneer actually uses this method then you will probably have to set the command prompt to the location of your drive. ie; type the locaion ( drive letter of the drive you are updating) if your pioneer is the D drive then you would type D:\ and then press enter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-rw-drive-firmware-update-help.52360/
Relevancy 51.6%

I see there's a firmware update out for the C50-30 with security updates noted in the changelog. Has anyone updated the firmware on a C50-30? Did it all go according to plan and the enclosed instructions? More importantly -- if it went wrong, how easy was it to recover?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/C50-30-SMMgate-firmware-update/td-p/3369769
Relevancy 51.6%

I did what it said to do in the instructions (I thought) and now my computer won't recognize the external backup. Here is the link to the enclosure.

http://www.startech.com/item/SAT352...ATA-External-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-w-RAID.aspx

How can I reflash the thing if I can't see it?

A:Firmware update problem

Try the external enclosure on another computer. Was the enclosure configured in a RAID configuration?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firmware-update-problem.142978/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I am trying to use a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (StarTech brand) to connect my P50 to a Resident Audio T4 Thunderbolt audio interface. The device is briefly detected and then disappears. I have been doing some research to resolve this issue and a few users have said that updating thier Thunderbolt NVM to 18 add compatibility with the adapter.  Would it be possible to get an upgrade from the current NVM16 to NVM18? Current P50 firmware (NVM16) link here:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-p50... I have already attempted to install the NVM18 firmware straight from Intel but it looks like the firmware is OEM specific. Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Thunderbolt-Firmware-NVM-Update/td-p/3471905
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All: Just purchased a LG GSA-4167B using a USB 2.0 connection via an USB 2.0 External Enclosure. The firmware version that came with the drive is version DL10. There are later firmware versions available, DL11, DL12 and DL13. I would like to update to the latest version, DL13. Can I do it by downloading the DL13 zip file and just unzipping it or will I have a problem because it is using a USB external connection. There are no instructions on the LG download site for a USB connected firmware update. Any insight would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Patrick

Relevancy 51.6%

When I receive this drive will the Firmware have to be updated before use or, can that be done later on if needed? Thanks! SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5&#34; 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive &#40;SSD&#41; - Newegg.com

A:Firmware update question on ssd

Hi,

You can update the firmware before or after, I would suggest it would be better doing it before

This version improves write performance, which is version 1.0,
click on firmware to view (you may be up-to-date):

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/MZ-7TD120BW-downloads

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301539-firmware-update-question-ssd.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, Samsung tells me the SSD (a Samsung) firmware updates will come from Lenovo, but I didn't see them on the driver page. The model is MZMTE256HMHP-000L1 Any suggestions? Thanks,Bruce 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/How-do-I-update-the-SSD-firmware-in-Yoga-2-Pro/td-p/3421387