Windows Support Forum

Headset not working, front ports not working

Q: Headset not working, front ports not working

Hey
Today i just bought some ear phones, with a connected mouth piece. Problem is that my two front ports are dodgy for the microphone and headphones. So if i put the jacks from my headset into the back, i have to take out my speaker input.. Is there any way i can have the speakers in, and the headset and revert back to each without going at the back and changing them? Any help appreciated
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Headset not working, front ports not working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Headset not working, front ports not working

First, its possible inside your computer case, there is just a loose cable that is causing the problem with the front jacks on your computer. Check inside, right behind where the earphone jack is for a cord running to somewhere on your motherboard or Sound card.

If that dosn't work,
Do you have a CD/DVD player with a earphone jack and have you tried that?
Assuming its the port that is bad itself and not just loose, you could check in at radio shack, bestbuy, or newegg.com for a cord that splits the output. If you get lucky you might find one with a chanel select that will allow you to swap which recieves the output.
The other option, from radio shack I got a Bluetooth USB adapter for $20 and a good pair of BT earphones, again purchased online for cheap (I recommend samsung BT500 earphones).

Another alternative, my speakers have a earphone jack in them as well (the computer speakers, as well as the reciever I currently have my sound card plugged into).

If you have a quality home theater set up, for $80 on new egg you can pick up a good soundcard with optical, Coax, and AV out which you plug into your home entertainment center that again will allow you to use headphones.
Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headset-not-working-front-ports-not-working.831337/
Relevancy 109.65%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 97.18%

This is a brand new custom built PC for web browsing for a motel lobby.

Win7 Home Premium
AMD A4-3300 Llano
MSI A55M-P33 FM1
Rosewill FBM-02 MicroATX Mini Tower

Running latest BIOS and latest drivers downloaded directly from manufacturer's website.

I tried switching between all 3 internal headers and none of them would detect the flash drive.

If I plug the drive in the rear ports it detects right away leading me to suspect the case's ports might be defective but I don't have another USB 2.0 card lying around to confirm.

Based on this info does it seem likely that the front ports themselves are faulty?

A:Front USB ports not working, but rear USB ports work…

You might check to see if the case end of the USB cables are properly plugged into the front panel holding the headers. Some board need more than one brand of USB drivers, Renesas, NEC, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298221-front-usb-ports-not-working-but-rear-usb-ports-work.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello. My audio / headset jacks on the front panel of my PC running Windows 8.1 will not work. I had the Beats Audio Panel installed and was using the IDT High Definition Audio Codec and had rear sound through my speakers only. After checking your forum, I unistalled that driver (and Beats Audio) and installed the High Definition Audio Device driver only (no Beats Audio) and both rear jacks work. So, I can get sound and recording in the rear, but not it the front. I hope you can help me. Thank you.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Front-Audio-Headset-Jacks-Not-Working/td-p/5768421
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys.

I'm having a rather unusual issue with my USB 3.0 ports (Asmedia) on the front side. The back ones work fine so I'm unsure if it's anything to do with the drivers or even in the BIOS? Could anyone suggest any troubleshooting methods?

CPU-Z validation for specs below.
Speccy information:
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/H...ILoZXHuZf1JjAh

A:Front USB 3.0 ports not working?

What does Device Manager show, any issue with USB Controllers?

Make sure the case USB ports wire connector is plugged into the Motherboard. Unplug then plug the connector back in.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399496-front-usb-3-0-ports-not-working.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I had to do a system recovery do to many problems, lost a lot. After reinstalling all of my softwear, I tried to plug in my dig. camera and found nothing. I also tried to use my CAD key and got nothing. The USB ports in the back of my computer work fine. My OS is windows XP. Thank you very much; j-vit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-usb-ports-not-working.391787/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello!

I have a Gigabyte motherboard in a Antec Lanboy case. The case has two front USB ports. The USB ports do not work with most devices. For example if I plug in a USB key or a webcam I get the balloon that says "the device may not be recognized". But if I plug in a keyboard, mouse, or RF receiver, it works. Could it be that the front ports are USB 1.1 or are underpowered? I've read that Gigabyte USB connections are a bit different, but I've checked them before and are as illustrated in the manual By the way, I'm on XP SP2 and the USB connections from the mobo are not a single block - they are individual pins.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-usb-ports-not-always-working.702406/
Relevancy 92.88%

I built my computer November 1st 2007. Ever since then I haven't been able to get the front mic or audio ports to work. My front USB ports work fine though. I just recently started wanting to use them, so I didn't worry much about it until now.

I reinstalled all my audio drivers and chipset drivers, specifically the vista 64-bit ones (thats my OS) included on the motherboard disc. My rear audio works fine. Also, I'm 100% positive that the front audio cable is plugged into the motherboard correctly.

Whenever I plug something into the mic or audio port, it goes in fine, but my computer doesn't detect it.

Computer info:

XFX, Nvidia 650i Ultra motherboard.

Integrated Realtek audio.

Apevia X-Cruiser case (just in case it might be something wrong with the case)

I really appreciate any help!

A:Front Audio And Mic Ports Not Working

Before I look up your front panel connections and your mobo, let me ask you what speakers are you using? Does it have a separate (remote) volume control? Mine has jacks for both on the side
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128979/front-audio-and-mic-ports-not-working/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi there I recently bought a barebones kit from Tigerdirect It has usb support and the case I have is a cougar mid-tower case Everything has been hooked up correctly as far as I know and yet one of the usb ports on the front of my case does not work The connector that went into the motherboard front on ports USB not 1 working case. from the front of the case it yielded to both the usb port and the standard port as well So only one cable was plugged into the motherboard that I assumes powers both of them USB ports on front case. 1 not working My usb works though I don t get full use out of it because I don t own any devices USB ports on front case. 1 not working to make it useful but the standard port does nothing at all Doesn t even give power I ve tried plugging a phone into it a flash drive a plug n play device Nothing Does anyone know why the port would be working and not the standard one I should also add that all the usb ports on the back of my case work fine too It s just this one single port on the front of the case and I can t figure it out for the life of me nbsp

Relevancy 92.88%

Hey guys,
its rajkalyan here.
I have an Antec case (not sure of model, will find out)
and an ASUS A7V600 motherboard.
Using ASUS's guide for the USB ports in the front (the little pins had labels)
I put the pins in.
I can plug something in to charge, like an iPod, but I can't access the data on it.
Any help?

Thanks,
rajkalyan

A:Antec Front US Ports not working...?

Double check the connectors and make sure they are correct.
The data lines are polarized.
+ needs to be connected to + and - to -.
Make sure the cable you are using is acually a data cable and
not just a charging cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/antec-front-us-ports-not-working.879240/
Relevancy 91.59%

There is some problem with my font USB ports. All was fine until yesterday when they stopped working. I havent made any hardware change. Installed windows 8 but that was last week.

I connect my Logitech Gamepad, the LED switches on but it doesnt show up in the control panel, works when connected to the rear USB port.

Please help..

A:Front USB ports suddenly stopped working

You might have to open up your case, trace back the cable, and re-plug it. It could be detached, or the USB controller on the front ports could be fried somehow too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-ports-suddenly-stopped-working.189467/
Relevancy 91.59%

A while ago my front USB ports stopped functioning The controllers still show up in the device manager even after reinstalling them Or at USB Front not ports Solved: anymore. working least I think they do it s one controller to two ports right but whenever I plug in a USB device even ones that previously functioned on these ports nothing happens The LED on my gamepad doesn t Solved: Front USB ports not working anymore. even light up I ve tried scanning for hardware changes The ports came with the case The computer is custom built System specifications Windows XP SP using a custom shell lt -Have tried uninstalling the new shell and putting default shell back to explorer USB devices still did not work on the front ports Asus A N X bundled with nForce sound card AMD Athlon M Processor Two hard drives One Cd Drive One DVD Drive nVidia GeForce Ti Videocard Any ideas are appreciated It s a total pain to have to find my way to the back USB ports all the time Edit Oh Wait Not sure if it actually is detecting three sets of two USB ports the device manager lists the following Universal serial bus controllers Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller USB Root Hub USB Root Hub USB Root Hub Does this mean I have to figure out the enigma that is the front panel of my pc case I hope not nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

I noticed these past few days that my front USB 3.0 ports are not working. Whenever I plug a USB 2.0 flash drive into the front ports, the activity light on the flash drive itself does not turn on.

I did clean all old Windows updates using disk cleanup which may have caused the problem.

So far, I uninstalled the USB driver and tried to reinstall the software with no success.
I have attached a picture of a screenshot after the driver installation failed.
Thank you

A:Front USB ports not working, driver problem

Just a couple of questions, how did you reinstall the drivers? Through Device Manager or running from the motherboard disc utility? And did you have any USB devices plugged in when installed it?
Usually if you run the software from the motherboard disc and choose drivers you'll get a list of drivers with check boxes next to them, and any that aren't installed will be unchecked. Those would be the ones you need. The ASMedia XHCI controller is the driver for your mid board header which controls the front USB 3.0 ports and that look as if it's installed fine, so I'd run that motherboard utility and see what it shows up.
Also could you post a screenshot of Device Manager with the USB controllers section expanded.

For what it's worth I have a very similar set up in my back up rig (A10-5800k on an ASUS F2A85-V Pro) and have never got the front USB 3.0 ports working on the BitFenix front panel I added. Not saying we won't get yours working, just that you're certainly not alone with this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/308378-front-usb-ports-not-working-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi guys,

My NEW PC's two front USB 2.0 ports suddenly don't work. It was OK when i first installed Win 8 on it, but since window update, the front ones just don't work anymore. I couldn't charge my phone using USB & the external HHD just keep flashing & beeping (no power source apparently upon googling). What happened? I didn't think i changed anything? Why suddenly stop working then? How can i troubleshoot? Would hate to bring the whole PC down to the local shop due to such minor issue. Appreciate your input. Thanks!

A:front USB 2.0 ports suddenly stop working

since it happened right after an update lets try to bring the computer back in time when it did work, please follow this guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-8-system-restore-guide/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-usb-2-0-ports-suddenly-stop-working.1092775/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hey everyone I am trying to fix an HP Slimline s5-1224. The front USB ports are not working. When I tried downloading the Texas Instruments USB Controller Driver and tried running it , I got an error about how its the wrong operating system or something of that nature. I am not sure if drivers are the issue with this problem or if its a hardware issue but either way I am trying to find out. The fact that the driver wont install is kind of wierd, can it be because its for Windows 7? I couldnt find any drivers for Windows 10 for this particular desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 

A:Front USB Ports not working on HP Slimline s5-1224

Check within Device Drivers for any flagged items.  Check that the USB cable from those ports is still plugged into the motherboard.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Front-USB-Ports-not-working-on-HP-Slimline-s5-1224/td-p/5798294
Relevancy 91.59%

I'm learning as I go here so please be gentle I upgraded from Windows Home to Pro and lost all networking capability including Homegroup After trying all suggested solutions on the entire internet I did a Factory Reset I ran all updates until was back factory OS was and up to date The networking issue was resolved but I then realized that I had no use of the USB ports -- which were working fine before the factory reset Still in I attempted all online fixes to no avail I then installed again Still no ports Scoured the internet again and these are the things I can recall that I've tried nbsp - Update controller drivers via device manager using both methods search and choose from computer - Uninstall USB controllers Shut down disconnect power amp battery hold down power for seconds start and several nbsp nbsp nbsp variations of this - Update root hubs- Uninstall root hubs- Manually install new drivers from AMD site including chipset - Enable Legacy Support via ports from not after working 8.1 USB Ho... upgrade (front/left) Bios- Manually install legacy drivers from AMD site because why not note I'm not exactly sure if the legacy drivers installed I don't know USB ports (front/left) not working after upgrade from 8.1 Ho... how to tell except that I chose them manually to update by release date that matched the date on the download package nbsp I should also note that I tried to get Windows Update to install available drivers The yes tick box is checked but when I run Troubleshooter it tells me Update is not configured USB ports (front/left) not working after upgrade from 8.1 Ho... to install drivers No matter how many times I try the box is always yes and Troubleshooter tells me it's set to never install drivers nbsp nbsp I also lost audio control but found the driver somewhere on the HP site Can't remember where nbsp nbsp I did yet another reset but NOT to factory this time --just a nbsp Recovery in and all updates Nothing changed nbsp I've tried different devices in the ports that were all working prior I get nothing and nothing shows in Device USB ports (front/left) not working after upgrade from 8.1 Ho... Manager with of them newer model SanDisk flash drive and Samsung phone but when I connect an year old flash drive I get USB device not recognized and it shows with the yellow exclamation box in Device manager nbsp The controllers nbsp are nbsp AMD USB eXtensible Host Controller - Microsoft Root Hubs USB Root Hub xHCI nbsp I thought I'd give disabling xHCI a shot via Bios but there is no USB access in bios version F nbsp I ran the HP system test thing via Bios and tested the USB ports Results are nbsp USB Port Check FailedFAILURE ID GF X- HU V-XD X A- D B PRODUCT ID D C UA ABA nbsp Help Please Anyone nbsp nbsp

A:USB ports (front/left) not working after upgrade from 8.1 Ho...

Hi @write_on, Thank you for posting at HP Forums. I understand that the USB does not work either with Windows 10 or Windows 8.1. According to the failure ID you gave, it is a USB failure with a code 434. It seems like a hardware failure. Please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-ports-front-left-not-working-after-upgrade-from-8-1-Home/td-p/5570100
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello,

I have had this computer for over a year, when I initially got it I noticed the two audio ports on the front of the tower were not working. I double checked to see if it was plugged in on the mother board in the right spot, it was. I decided to just leave it before anything else broke, but after a year I love my computer less and am willing to take the risk .

When I plug it into speakers into the front audio jacks (There are two) Realtek HD Audio does not give the message "A Jack Has Been Plugged In". The back ports work fine for the record.

Specs:

Windows XP SP3

Motherboard: MSI 975X Platinum PowerUp Edition

Realtek HD Audio Manager:
Driver Version 5.10.0.5898
Audio Codec ALC888.

If you need any other information please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Front Panel Audio Ports Not Working

Well I got it working after much forum searching!

"Had same problem but problem isn't the chip.
In Realtec Audio Manager, if you hover over the pink and green icons for the front panel you'll probably see they're both set up for speakers or headphones.
To solve you first need to unplug the microphone.
Then click on the 'folder' icon, which is just to the right of where it says 'ANALOG'.
Then make sure you enable fron't panel jack detection and enable the auto pop-up dialog.
Then plug the mic in, and when the pop-up asks tell it that you've plugged in the Mic.
Suggest you disable the front panel detection and the auto pop-up afterwards as it's a right pain.
You can get a similar end result if you use the 'Connector Retasking' facility - just right click on the pink or green socket icon.
Hope this helps someone.
Olly"
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/259717-30-realtek-audio-problem#t1831665

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-front-panel-audio-ports-not-working.879354/
Relevancy 90.73%

We have a Prodesk 600 SFF and the USB3.0 ports on the front panel turn on and off repeatedly whenever we plug in any USB3.0 USB sticks or harddrives.  (i.e. - the device comes ready and then not ready and then ready again and then not ready all within a matter of seconds).   If we plug those devices into the USB2.0 ports there is no problem.  If we plug USB2.0 devices into the 3.0 ports, no problem.  We have this happening with both Windows 10 and Windows 7.  I've gone to the support site but do not see any drivers related to USB ports(other than USB keyboards/mice).  I've considered a bios upgrade but the box is already at L01 V02.57.  Has anyone else seen and solved this problem or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Prodesk600-SFF-USB3-0-front-panel-ports-not-working/td-p/5643306
Relevancy 90.73%

We have a Prodesk 600 SFF and the USB3.0 ports on the front panel turn on and off repeatedly whenever we plug in any USB3.0 USB sticks or harddrives.  (i.e. - the device comes ready and then not ready and then ready again and then not ready all within a matter of seconds).   If we plug those devices into the USB2.0 ports there is no problem.  If we plug USB2.0 devices into the 3.0 ports, no problem.  We have this happening with both Windows 10 and Windows 7.  I've gone to the support site but do not see any drivers related to USB ports(other than USB keyboards/mice).  I've considered a bios upgrade but the box is already at L01 V02.57.  Has anyone else seen and solved this problem or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Prodesk600-SFF-USB3-0-front-panel-ports-not-working/td-p/5643306
Relevancy 90.73%

I have had my hard drive reformatted recently and installed Windows from Windows XP All the drivers and hardware are currently working fine However my Audio Panel Not Working [SOLVED] Front Ports front panel audio ports mic and speaker have stopped functioning The front panel ports used to function smoothly in my previous setup The audio driver installed previously was Realtek HD Audio Driver and the OS was Windows XP Currently I have a generic 'High Definition Audio Device' driver provided by Microsoft Is it possible that the front panels have stopped working due to the absence of the Realtek Driver I read in numerous articles that the front panel [SOLVED] Front Panel Audio Ports Not Working ports could be enabled through the Realted HD Audio Manager Is this true Can the problem be solved simply by installing new driver and software or do I have to explore the unknown for me realms of computer hardware Any help [SOLVED] Front Panel Audio Ports Not Working is appreciated D Also sorry for not posting specific information in this post but I do not know precisely what information is needed If the need arises I will be happy to provide them Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] Front Panel Audio Ports Not Working

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue? Does anyone know of the solution?

I'd really appreciate any help! :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-front-panel-audio-ports-not-working-641439.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have an EVGA 750i SLI FTW motherboard and recently (after moving the motherboard to a different case) there is no sound coming from the rear ports. When I connect headphones to the front, the sound works. Is it a sound card problem (I'm using the integrated card)? It's not a big deal, I can just pick up one for 20-30 bucks but I just want to know the problem beforehand. Thanks in advance.

A:Sound issues: back ports not working, front (headphone) port works

the front ports are most-likely canceling out the rear ports, unless you've dealt with a similar setup that worked fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-issues-back-ports-not-working-front-headphone-port-works.145564/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector Working - Front USB Device not Device" Ports "Unknown in Manager from the front of my GX case I Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don't really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as Unknown Device within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I've already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it's just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable I've tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I've tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I've ensured Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection As a result I'm inclined to think this is a Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager driver issue rather than a hardware issue Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

If your motherboard has a 1x pcie slot you can get a card like this...

Here

Some motherboards it's a tight fit because of the video card taking up space. In that case you can relocate the above card with this...

Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597934/front-usb-ports-not-working-unknown-device-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 78.26%

Pls help me, when I put on the headset on the socket, the headset is not working fine. I already tried t in three different headphones. what seems to be the problem with these? at first, it is working fine but after some time, 2 weeks i think, the headphone is not working anymore. everytime I put it on the socket, windows can detect it because it says "A jack is plugged" on its tray.

please help me, do i need to update the driver? but the drivers are all installed and not corrupted or damaged.

my audio manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager with ALC 883 something on its version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-travelmate-5571awxmi-headset-not-working-but-laptop-speaker-is-working.67314/
Relevancy 75.68%

So my nephew is trying to play this game and wants to play using the headset so he can be able to talk while he is playing. Problom is we can hear sound from headset but mike isnt working. The computer im using is Emachines ET1331G Windows 7. If i can get a totorial on how to get this stuff working i would really appriciate it.

A:How to get my headset working, mike isnt working

Yes, you need to enter the default recording device (microphone) in Control Panels sound applet. It's that easy!

If you have any other questions, dont hesitate to ask!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/69534-how-get-my-headset-working-mike-isnt-working.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I not USB Front Ports Device Device" in Manager - Working "Unknown recently put together a new computer and in the process of of installing the USB connector from the front of my GX case I either bent numerous pins on the motherboard USB header or the motherboard shipped Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager that way and I inadvertently made matters worse Anyway that header on the motherboard is without a doubt unusable Since I don t really need the USB functionality I bought a USB - gt adapter cable connected one end to the connector on the front of the case and the other end into the USB header on the motherboard Unfortunately when Windows boots and I plug a device into the front ports of the case Windows detects the front USB ports as quot Unknown Device quot within Device Manager yet says the driver is successfully installed I ve already downloaded the most current Intel chipset drivers for my motherboard deleted and reinstalled all USB drivers and all rear USB connections are working perfectly fine - it s just the two front ports that are connected from the case to the USB ports via the adapter cable nbsp I ve tried both USB headers on the motherboard and I ve tried plugging in several devices to the front USB ports and this problem still persists I ve ensured the connection inside the case is solid yet I cannot get Windows to recognize the front USB ports nbsp However I have confirmed that power is being sent to the front ports because it charges my phone when I connect it to the front USB ports via micro USB connection nbsp As a result I m inclined to think this is a driver issue rather than a hardware issue nbsp Any ideas

A:Front USB Ports not Working - "Unknown Device" in Device Manager

Do you happen to have a spare machine that you can test the adapter with?  Just as a precaution in case the adapter is faulty.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153104.0.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi All,

I want to know in Vista,

At the Same time,
How to get the Head Phone Front Jack on, output
the Rear output for the Speakers -5.1 Surround
a USB Headset for another Mic ONLY that is USB.

Three things all Going at once?

Is it possible,
I cant even get the Headphones front output-pink and the rear speakers playing at the same time
Thanks

A:How to use front Pink Headset, USB Headset, and Rear Speker outputs atthe same time?

Hi Dash,

I know its possible with Realtek HD devices...What type of device do you have?

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/179976-how-use-front-pink-headset-usb-headset-rear-speker-outputs-atthe-same-time.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Basically yesterday I replugged my headset in and all of a sudden no sound started coming through but the mic still worked, people could hear me. So I decided to see if the actual headset was broken in Hardware and Sound in the control panel but the sound bars of the headset rise accordingly to my music. It's as if my headset if working but its disabled. I'm not too sure what to do at this point.

A:Headset mic working but its speakers working.

Sounds like something has happened to the headset, based on what you report.
What type of headset is this? USB? or does it have a 3.5mm stereo plug(s)?

Can you try it on a different PC to see if it works OK or not?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/400592-headset-mic-working-but-its-speakers-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Basically yesterday I replugged my headset in and all of a sudden no sound started coming through but the mic still worked, people could hear me. So I decided to see if the actual headset was broken in Hardware and Sound in the control panel but the sound bars of the headset rise accordingly to my music. It's as if my headset if working but its disabled. I'm not too sure what to do at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400592-headset-mic-working-but-its-speakers-working.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have tried 2 different headsets using front ports of my computer. The headsets are detected by the computer and I can hear fine out of them, but no voice is detected. I have tried numerous tests and other small things, but nothing seems to work. The headsets are supposed to be working properly according to the system.

What do I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headset-detected-not-working-2nd-headset.806720/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have 2 headsets both from different companies, one from Andrea the other from Altec Lansing. I have them plugged into the front ports of my tower. My computer detects them both and says that they are working. However, I can hear out of them, but I cannot say anything. It does not hear me at all. I've tried various testing procedures and it doesn't detect anything.

What do I do?

A:Headset detected, not working (2nd headset)

Hi Cdn, The Vista default setting under audio and microphone is rear line in. Right Click the speaker
icon in your task bar or system tray. Click on the Recording tab at the top. Make sure that Front Mic.
is enabled and has a green check mark next to it. Click Apply and Okay. Try it now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headset-detected-not-working-2nd-headset.806712/
Relevancy 67.08%

never has worked but it gets worse.
Over 4 yrs± it's had XP, Vista and
Currently it is Win 7 Pro 64, Core 2 Duo E6550, 8GB Ram
intel G33FB mothereboard
generic case

All the USB terminal connectors I've seen before this case were connected to mobo with 9 wires in one connector. Not this one.

It has 2 terminal connectors. Both marked for USB
First one is 5 wires ______Second one is 4 wires
VCC __________________VCC
USB— _________________USB—
USB+ _________________USB+
GND __________________GND
SHIELD
The worse: There are 3 USB connections on mobo.
I noticed last night a couple scorches next to the 2 connections I tried on the mobo. It smudges like charcoal.

Any ideas to get USB working?

A:USB- front not working

You could always take the easy way http://www.amazon.co.uk/PORT-HIGH-S...EDRS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327352612&sr=8-1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-front-not-working.1037718/
Relevancy 66.65%

HI all

I used to use a USB headset and the sound and mic worked fine. But alas, the headset kicked the bucket and died last week. I bought a bright shiny new expensive headset, the Carcharias by Razer.

Well, this headset has the mic and audio jack and not a usb. I plugged it in.... the audio sounds great but for the life of me, I cannot get the mic to work. I have it plugged in the back of my PC right into the sound card. Pink in pink, green in green. LOL But it wont work.

Help?
I dont really know where to go from here.

I have gone to the control panel - sounds - Audio tab, In sound recording field, the drop down box doesnt show anything other than SB XFI Audio which is my sound card.

Same thing in the Voice tab under voice recording. Just my soundcard. No option for the headset.

Relevancy 66.65%

I have Windows 7 64 bit. It is up to date. All drivers are up to date. All sound works. The issue I have is that out of nowhere my headset stopped working. Its functional. I have tested it. I cannot work out why it stopped picking up on this PC.

I have tried everything. I will say this again. I have done everything to make it pick up. Someone please help. I am desperate to get this to work. The last thing I want to do is to reinstall Windows.

A:USB Headset Not Working

Quote:
I have tried everything. I will say this again. I have done everything to make it pick up.

What is everything?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/344416-usb-headset-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought a Natec Genesis HX55 USB headset. The first time I plugged it in I heard audio which was quite loud and clear. A few minutes later it got quieter and more static'y. Now there is absolutely no sound. I have contacted their customer support to no avail. It shows up in my list of playback devices and when I play a video or some music the little green bars move to show there's sound but absolutely nothing is coming through the headphones. Pulling my hair out over this as I can't find any help or solutions and I need it for work. Some assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I'm running Windows 8.1 x64(Unfortunately).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-pnp-headset-not-working.1159314/
Relevancy 66.65%

Okay. There is a Dell computer that is connected to the linksys router, broadband cable and the logitech headset, all of this means that the cable comes into the home to the router it splits to the computer and the ps2. Here's the problem. The headset does not work on any of the ps2 games. The headset is brand new. Walk me through step by step on how to make the silly thing work. I know nothing of computers or routers, and all this other stuff. So if you have ideas or help please please please make it step by step basic stuff. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps2-headset-not-working.234545/
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently reinstalled windows 10 and my headset mic stopped working. Was working fine before the reinstall. Even after updating the Realtek drivers. It is detecting that its plugged in just fine. The headset is not usb.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52525-headset-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am having issues with my usb headphones I normally used them all the time but I didn t over the weekend Now they are not working HP Digital Stereo Headset model VT AA plug and play I have had them for quite some time and have never had issues Some of the audio plays fine The best explanation is that while playing music the background comes through fine maybe even a bit loud but the vocals are almost entirely muffled in comparison Questions I saw while looking into the issue say to move it around but of course that doesn t work with USB like a traditional headset I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver several times I tried it in other usb ports and tried my usb mouse in that usb port Another detail the headset no longer makes the quot beep boop quot when plugging Headset USB Not Working in or removing like it did Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping USB Headset Not Working Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:USB Headset Not Working

Hi DKong27 and welcome to TSG.

Any chance you can try the headset on a different computer ? That should determine if it's the headset or your computer that's having a problem.

I assume yours is an HP laptop, what model is it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-headset-not-working.1139357/
Relevancy 66.65%

when i used my audio in headset is not working but when i change it in speaker is working but the headset is still working in other computer and its all new.. and i insert in correct position..what is the problem with that and how can i solve it plsss...thanks a alot

A:My headset is not working

More details please... Things like headset model and make and model of your computer would help us help you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-headset-is-not-working.94479/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Creativ(E?) Fatal1ty
I've updated to the latest drivers, nothing 'happening.

People seem to be able to hear my computer sound, but not the mic itself, and I've tested the mic on another computer and it's working just fine there.
What can the issue be?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

After some research, it could be the driver that's corrupt
Is there any FREE program that could fix this?

A:Headset - Mic is not working (With SS)

thats the same card i had in my pc it thinks the mic in put is a line in. if you plug your mic into your onboard sound you get your mic working i still have not bin able to get mine working just like you

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/128012-headset-mic-not-working-ss.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I just bought a Logitech Premium Stereo headset (the 3.5 plug one, not the USB) and only just a few minutes ago tried them, plugged them in the soundcard in their corresponding slots, yet they don't work, not even after reinstalling updated drivers. I've been told that they might be faulty, but when I ran a test for them, mic and headphones both registered sounds, but I couldn't hear them...

I got a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 soundcard, which is quite old, and a really old MB, Via KuDo something...

Any ideas anyone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-not-working.28967/
Relevancy 66.65%

My headset broke so I decided to buy the razer carcharias headset, so I got home and plugged it in but the sound and mic didn't work so I tried it in my Ipod and it worked fine, later I asked my friend whos good with computer to help me sort this out but we only had time to do the sound part, we messed around with some options and then after I restarted PC sound was working fine, but mic wasn't ( Yes I've made sure that mic is enabled in sound options etc) And I really have no idea what to do and I hope I can get help from here =)

A:New headset - mic not working

What is the headset's make and model, that isn't working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-headset-mic-not-working.931481/
Relevancy 66.65%

I just bought a Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset and the microphone does not seem to work. The headphones themselves work fine though and I get great audio. I plugged them into a different computer and the mic and headphones worked fine. My computer is using a Asus M2n32 SLI deluxe mobo and does not have a seperate sound card. I have made sure the mic is on, plugged in right, and not muted. Also Im using XP 64 bit

Update: I got the mic to work, but instead of being clear and nice like on the laptop, I have to talk loudly and there is a LOT of static and random noise.

Update 2: I plugged a MP3 Player into the microphone jack using a 2 way connector and hit play. I have to max out the MP3 Players volume to hear it and also the recorded audio is terrible also with a lot of static.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headset-mic-not-working.984499/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey i recently found back this old headset while i was cleaning up my house a bit, well it isnt really old just 2 months old. So anyway i hooked it up and tried talking to my buddy on skype but it turns out he could not hear me while i can hear him, i double check making sure everything was working and the headset works fine i can hear sounds from it for example: watching youtube videos i just cant get it to work with skype so should i just throw it away or what?

A:Headset is not working?

Check your skype settings for default device...make sure your headset is plugged in when you check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/245248-headset-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

:Error: Not recognized I bought a new gaming headset but the problem is, it's not working.

The end of trhe cable is not the regular 3.5 mm plug.

A:Usb headset not working

Quote: Originally Posted by rapstarrr91

:Error: Not recognized I bought a new gaming headset but the problem is, it's not working.

The end of trhe cable is not the regular 3.5 mm plug.

What type of cable is it? If you had to get a adapter of any sort in order for it to plug into your sound card jack on your system; there is a chance that windows might not be able to pick it up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360027-usb-headset-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey every1.

I got a problem. I have a Dell XPS 420 (born with Vista 32-bit).
I installed Windows 7 64-bit on the computer and every thing works perfect. BUT it cant find any recording device. (Sound works fine)
I have tried to find all kind of drivers on the web and so on without any luck. I just wont work.
Can any1 help me? =) or is it simply because there isnt any driver for Windows 7 audio for my computer?

(im not that into drivers and so on)

A:My headset isn't working

cocobjorn said:

Hey every1.

I got a problem. I have a Dell XPS 420 (born with Vista 32-bit).
I installed Windows 7 64-bit on the computer and every thing works perfect. BUT it cant find any recording device. (Sound works fine)
I have tried to find all kind of drivers on the web and so on without any luck. I just wont work.
Can any1 help me? =) or is it simply because there isnt any driver for Windows 7 audio for my computer?

(im not that into drivers and so on)Click to expand...

Have you tried going to the manufacturers website for the drivers? Thats your best shot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-headset-isnt-working.178181/
Relevancy 66.22%

Sir Motherboard - Asus P g t-MLX Last week i changed my cpu cabinet Done the installation But after installation i have some problem with the cabinet's front usb ports amp audio ports The motherboard have usb ports amp Usb Front Working. Panel Not audio ports rose green blue at the back side All these are working properly The cabinet's front panel consists of usb ports amp Front Usb Panel Not Working. audio ports rose green Here is the major problem When i connect pendrives to both usb ports they work But When i connect a usb modem Huawei which i use for internet the system detects the device shows in Device Manager but when i try to connect to internet Mobile Partner the error shows as quot The device has been disconnected or is unavailable quot Also when i connect usb DVD drive the system detects it it shows in Device Manager amp the indicator light in the dvd drive blinks But i can't eject the dvd drive Both audio ports not working I checked all these without connecting anything to the back expect a usb keyboard I'm feeling so bad that i cant use the front panels of a brand new cabinet I searched alot in google amp i can't get a final solution I guess that the probelm won't be of the cabinet bcoz usb pendrives are working properly amp the problem is only with usb modems amp usb DVD drive amp i also done a fresh OS intall So it must be some other hardware problem I will be really greatful if someone can solve this Waiting

A:Front Usb Panel Not Working.

by "changed my cpu Cabinet" I presume you mean you got a new case for your computer. Make sure you connected the cables from your front panel correctly to the USB and Audio headers on your MB. Some cases have cables with one plug for the USB and one for the Audio but others have individual connectors so you need to consult your motherboard manual to suss out which is which. If you only used one of the USB headers on your motherboard try to move it to the 2nd one

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348690-front-usb-panel-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This computer will be sent out for repair for the second time in a little over a month.  Packaging material arrived yesterday after I spent over three hours with online HP technicians.  Bottom line advised it would have to be sent to Indiana for 9-12 days.  Last month it was the MOTHERBOARD that had to be replaced, possibly the MOTHERBOARD again. This has prevented my wife from having her photos entered in upcoming contests.  I have emailed Max the last case manager and told him how I really felt.  Sending a desktop computer back twice in 8 months is unacceptable. Money back or new upgrade to a computer without these inherent issues. Social media may be my only alternative. Regards Bobby-left

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Issue-front-USB-three-out-of-four-not-working/td-p/5714133
Relevancy 66.22%

This computer will be sent out for repair for the second time in a little over a month.  Packaging material arrived yesterday after I spent over three hours with online HP technicians.  Bottom line advised it would have to be sent to Indiana for 9-12 days.  Last month it was the MOTHERBOARD that had to be replaced, possibly the MOTHERBOARD again. This has prevented my wife from having her photos entered in upcoming contests.  I have emailed Max the last case manager and told him how I really felt.  Sending a desktop computer back twice in 8 months is unacceptable. Money back or new upgrade to a computer without these inherent issues. Social media may be my only alternative. Regards Bobby-left

A:Issue front USB three out of four not working

Hi @Bobby-left, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Issue-front-USB-three-out-of-four-not-working/td-p/5714133
Relevancy 66.22%

Help would be greatly appreciated. My sound and microphone are working perfectly on the rear jacks of my desktop, plug into the front jacks and NOTHING.I am runing windows xp home edition with service pack 3and Realtec HD audio manager.

A:Front Mic jacks not working

Have you opened the case and checked to make sure the front panel audio cable is hooked up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-mic-jacks-not-working.856445/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am running Vista, I cannot get my front mic (headset) working, I have tried everything I have seen posted on this site.

My headset earphones are working and vista shows that the front mic is working and it is checked as the default device.

But I cannot get anything from the mic when I test it in any programs.

I have tried connecting 2 different headsets and a standalone mic...nothing!!

A:Solved: Front Mic Not Working - Help!!

Have you made sure the microphone is muted in sound properties?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-front-mic-not-working-help.807525/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I recently bought a new motherboard and tower. I have installed all the latest drivers from Asus and know the case uses AC'97 sound and have set the Mobo accordingly. However, when I plug in my headphones (tried multiple pair) it continues to play from main speakers, with nothing coming through the headphones.

when I plug in the speakers from the rear jack, a pop-up tells me something has been plugged in. not the case with the front jack.

also, I have checked "Playback Devices" and it shows me the headphones as "Not plugged-in".

while playing around I managed to get the H Phones to work, but the speakers didn't mute when I did. in tinkering, it went away again and wont come back.

any ideas what I could do?

A:Front audio not working

Hi Novercalis,
Are you sure that your front jacks are connected?
You forgot to mention your .OS, but anyway you can find all settings from control panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-audio-not-working.919271/
Relevancy 66.22%

In my new Win HD LTE phone, Imo front cam is not working. It shows only main cam view. Even though there is a cam changing button; it makes only the rotation of the same cam. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Pls help...

A:imo app front camera is not working...

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question In my new Win HD LTE phone, Imo front cam is not working. It shows only main cam view. Even though there is a cam changing button; it makes only the rotation of the same cam. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Pls help... ? Restart the app is a fix but sometimes not work . So you can fix it by Soft Reset. Otherwise, reinstall this app. .--------. / A TIP \ If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438153-imo-app-front-camera-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hi,
my computes operating system is split into 3, one being windows xp, vista and windows 7...windws 7 being the one i use the most. Im having problems with front jack cuz when i connect headphones or speakers it doesnt work..my rear jack works...but the kick is dat the front and rear jack works properly in windows xp. Its only in windows 7 im having this problem..Im using a Digital Audio (S/PDIF) audio interface..is it a driver problem?...if so wat kind of driver should i use and wer can i download it..any help would b appreciated..thanks

A:front jack not working

First we need to know what sort of sound card or chip set you have on your computer, follow the instructions here to post that information:
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/265277-front-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I just bought a new creative sound blaster live 24bit 5.1 sound card. I had it installed but when I play music through any player ie itunes, WM player, the creative player that came with the card, i only hear sound through the front channels. How do I get the sub/center and the rear channels to put something out. I have gone though and made my audio settings 5.1 in control pannel/sounds and audio/speaker settings. Can anyone help??

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a friend who has an E-Machine. (Not sure of model type). He has one USB port on the front and, from what he tells me 1 USB port on the back. When he plugs something into the back USB port, everything works fine. When he plugs a device (printer, ipod, etc..) into the front port nothing happens. They system does not recognize that a USB device has been plugged in. Any ideas why things would work in the back USB but not the front? Is there a setting somewhere that may have turned off the front port for some reason? Doesn't seem to be a resource conflict as this happens when there is nothing plugged into the back port. I appreciate all your great assistance.

Relevancy 66.22%

The Audio front panel (where you plug head sets) on my PC is not working. I have a IN9 32X-MAX Wi-Fi MB and am using a Xcilo Windtunnel Extreme Case. I plugged the cable (from the case) marked Audio into the the
FP-Audio1 socket in my board, I assume this is correct? I have updated the Realtek drivers (AC'97 Audio Codecs?) but the front panel nor Realtek HD Audio Manager register the head set (Creative HS-390, free with WiC Collectors Edition) however the head set works if plugged into the backpanel...whats going wrong?

A:Front Panel not working

Examine your board. Trace the connections from non-working external socket. It is likely that is no cable going to the socket on the motherboard, or there is no cable from the optical drive to the correct port or socket. There are usually two to four ports for audio on the motherboard. There are also two to four ports on the audio card if you are using a PCI Audio card. On some boards, those cables must be connected by a very thin cable with special plugs on each end.

I assume you have already examined all the possibilities in the Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-panel-not-working.87490/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I bought my wife a new pc as the old one was a single processor and very slow It has issues The new one seemed straight forward quad core much faster but two issues are annoying enough to make my wife not want it The front panel seems to be wired differently to the old pc - my wife uses headphones with a mic for skype Plugging in the phones did not get any sound When I fixed this I ticked the disable jack detection box which makes the phones part work but the mic does not work the muting of the rear did not work I swapped the old front panel from the old pc which includes a on panel front not working mic firewire port - so I am guessing the cables to the motherboard are digital rather than analogue - and with this auto detection works So is this an analogue vs digital issue Trouble is the old panel won't fit the new case so I am stuck with the new front panel As I say I can get the phones to work the mic generally not but it did seem to work one time my wife played with setting I was absent and the auto mute does not work I read some threads about ac' but nothing seems definitive I added in the hard disks from the old pc One of them is recognised but after a while disappears Explorer just does not show it and you have to reboot The other is ok all the time Any help appreciated - I am semi techy by the way but mic not working on front panel not very I can get the processor motherboard spec if needed - it's Gigabyte I believe Running Windows bit Thanks

A:mic not working on front panel

hi there
to help diagnose the pc could you download a program and show the results partially the sound/Graphics etc that will show the details its very safe and secure used by many members on this forum its called speccy by piriform. link is here Speccy - Standard

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Quote:
Overview
What's in your computer? If you're like most of us, you can probably name the processor (Intel or AMD, Celeron or Pentium), maybe how much RAM it has, and maybe how big the hard drive is.
When you go to a computer store and see all the bright shiny PCs laid out next to each other, most will have tags or stickers indicating the:
Processor brand and model
Hard drive size and speed
Amount of memory (RAM)
Graphics card
Operating system
Two or three years later, when it comes time to upgrade your computer, that tag or sticker may be long gone. Speccy was designed as a free electronic "what's inside" sticker for your PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/142271-mic-not-working-front-panel.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS card and AVIA 5.1 surround sound. Ive ran speaker tests to ensure everything is plugged in correctly and all speakers work and are where they should be. The problem is only the front two speakers work unless I run Half-Life 2. Ive tried putting in a DVD and running it on Cyber DVD (with the 6 speaker setting enabled) and that doesnt work. Ive also ensured that my speaker settings are set on 5.1 surround sound. Could somebody please explain how to get my sound to come out of all my 5.1 surround sound. Thanks.

Update:
I downloaded a plugin for Winamp that allows it to output 5.1. The only difference this made was that now the center speaker has sound as well as the front. The rear still do not work

A:Only front speakers working on 5.1

what's avia 5.1 surround sound?

what's 1/2 life 2?

what's cyber dvd?

i've got a 5.1 sb live card and run 4.1 klipsch speakers thru the creative software and when i do the test of r front, l front, r rear, l rear they all work properly so it sounds like you have things that aren't needed and are mucking up the works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-front-speakers-working-on-5-1.378624/
Relevancy 66.22%

Sir Motherboard - Asus P g t-MLX Last week i changed my cpu cabinet Done the installation But after installation i have some problem with the cabinet s front usb ports amp audio ports The motherboard have usb ports amp audio ports rose green blue at the back side All these are working properly The cabinet s front panel consists of usb ports amp audio ports rose green Here is the major problem When i connect pendrives to both usb ports they work But When i connect a usb modem Huawei which i use for internet the system detects the device but when i try to connect to internet Mobile Partner the error shows as quot The device has been disconnected or is unavailable quot Also when i connect usb DVD drive the system detects it it shows in Device Manager amp the indicator light in the dvd drive blinks But i can t Panel Usb Not Front Working. eject the dvd drive Both audio ports not working I checked all these without connecting anything to the back expect a usb keyboard I m feeling so bad that i cant use the front panels of a brand new cabinet I searched alot in google amp i can t get a final solution I guess that the probelm won t be of the cabinet bcoz usb pendrives are working properly amp the problem is only with usb modems amp usb DVD drive amp i also done a fresh OS intall So it must be some other hardware problem I will be really greatful if someone can solve this Waiting nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I don t know if this front working on not panel USB post belongs here please feel free to move it if it doesn t Be easy with me I am pretty computer stupid just know enough to get myself in trouble But I promised my internet illiterate husband I would try to find some knowledgeable people to help us My basic problem is why aren t the usb ports on the front panel of the computer working- when all of them on the back are I thought they were all connected obviously not Anyway we have a fairly basic system desktop pc ghz memory dvd cd rw running windows xp Trying to muddle through some old messages here this is what I found in device manager under universal serial bus controllers SiS PCI to USB open host controllers SiS USB enhanced host controller USB root hub USB USB on front panel not working mass storage device and USB root hubs that confuses me- i thought a quot hub quot was something you had to buy and connect to a usb port so you could have more kind of like an extension cord I do have a router is that what it quot sees quot Anyway back to the original problem-this front panel thingie always worked before BUT a few months ago the dvd drive died and it was sent back for repair and they had to install a new dvd maybe that messed it up In any case device manager reports everything is working properly But it does not see any device connected to that port digicam external dvd etc I don t even get that quot tone quot that sounds when a usb device is connected- I checked all the cable and devices on my laptop and all are fine- besides they work on back ports but there are only four and I need five What can I check other than messin with the pins which I will absolutely NOT do like I said computer stupid I already fried mobo besides this is my husbands computer Would really appreciate some help here Thanks much nbsp

A:USB on front panel not working

difficult-

It'll be hard to troubleshoot if you are uncomfortable inside the case. One possible scenario: when the shop installed the new optical drive, they may have unplugged/knocked loose the cable from the motherboard to the front panel, but the only way to check is to open the case.

If you just need more USB ports, and they don't have to be necessarily in front, try: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817111490, or something like it, there are many options. If you have a walk-in like Fry's, CompUsa handy, or maybe even a Radio Shack, you could save the shipping, but maybe pay a little more. Just plug one into a known good USB port, and away you go! :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-on-front-panel-not-working.41592/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 and a Creative Audigy 2 Platinum. I recently came back from the Creative site, updating all my products. Now, my front right doesn't have any sound. I decided to go further and check the inside of the speaker... it looked perfectly fine. I hooked it up somewhere else and it worked.

Now it seems to be a problem with the woofer where everything is connected.

Yes, don't ask, I've been playing with Creative Speaker settings and the EAX console for a LONG time.

And now, sometimes when I plug the speaker into the right channel on the woofer, it plays as center.

I can't properly calibrate the speakers because after choosing rear left for instance, the sound plays again there and I can't choose it again.

All help appreciated.

(I can't roll back Windows XP, I'm using 0% backup saving)

A:Front Right Speaker not working (5.1)

Actually, for some reason, it doesn't detect my front right speaker, but it works. Then, for front right, it sounds like all the speakers are playing at low pitch.

Something is definately wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-right-speaker-not-working-5-1.6718/
Relevancy 66.22%

I don't know if it ever worked, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to maybe check it or what to do to get it to work.

Thanks

Trevor

A:Front USB port not working

look on the motherboard & see if they're connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-usb-port-not-working.454965/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys, brand new kid here. Fairly computer literate but not a whiz by any means. I had to do a Windows XP System Recovery on my HP desktop PC a few weeks ago and since then my USB 2.0 ports haven't been themselves.

Before when I used my Kingston 4gb SDHC card in my front USB 2.0 ports (as they're labeled) it worked at full speed with no problems. After the System Recovery, when I plug in the card it gives me a message saying "This device could perform faster if it were plugged into a High Speed USB 2.0 Port." The problem is, my Device Manager lists a high speed port and hub on my computer, but I get the same message on all the ports on my computer. I tried updating the drivers and uninstalling and reinstalling them but to no avail.

Is there any way to fix this?

Relevancy 65.79%

I have a friend who has just purchased a Creative HS-420 headset to use with his Toshiba Satellite Laptop (running Windows 7 Home Premium). The headset cables are plugged into the correct headphone/mic sockets at the front left side of the laptop, and the headphones work fine but the microphone does not work. When I list recording devices in Windows it shows a Conexant device. The recording level on this device flickers very briefly when I plug in the headset, but does not respond when I speak into the mic.

When I plug in a different, standalone microphone it works fine - it's just the mic on the Creative headset that doesn't work.

Does anyone know if this headset requires a separate driver for the microphone? (I can't seem to locate any drivers for it on the Creative website).

A:Creative HS-420 headset mic not working

i have had a look and i cant find a separate driver just for the mic.
preform windows update. search automatically for the drivers. if the does work i would suggest calling creative for some advice.

Here is their contact page: Contact Us - Creative Store (UK)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/325879-creative-hs-420-headset-mic-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Using an SB X-FI Xtreme Audio sound card, windows 7 professional, Turtle Beach (x12) headset.

Months ago my microphone stopped working on my pc, then eventually sound also stopped working. I replaced my sound card with another (SB X-FI Xtreme also) and sound once again worked. However I cannot get my Turtle Beach headset microphone to work, the sound works fine.

What I've tried to resolve the solution:
*Checked to make sure it was in the right hole, of course.
*Downloaded recent device drivers for SB X-fFI Xtreme and install.
*Gone through looking for something that might have muted the microphone;

^ I've been trying to check playback using sound recorder.
*Both this headset and another headset that don't work on my pc are fully functional on my laptop.
*Attempted to uninstall device drivers and reinstalled, also didn't work.

A:Headset microphone not working

Where are you plugging in the mic? On the front panel or the mic jack on the SoundBlaster sound card rear I/O panel?

Also, you should set the "What You Hear" as the default recording device. That will allow you to record streaming audio from the internet and also whatever is connected either to the mic or line in will record (assuming all is well). I don't see the What You Hear in your Recording pane. RIGHT click in a blank area in that panel and then LEFT click to show Disabled and Disconnected devices. The What You Hear (what Soundblaster calls the System Mixer or Stereo Mix) should now be shown and you can enable it and make it the default recording device.

As you have a separate sound card, make sure the integrated audio on the motherboard is disabled in the BIOS so it does not conflict. You can only have one default playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/286065-headset-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Im currently using the Sony MDR- A and have them usually plugged into my Razer Blackwidow chroma's jacks but after encountering the problem with the mic i tried plugging my headsets into the back of my cpu too but nothing works My computer details Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX RAM GB Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional Edition build -bit Sound Audio Sound Device Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Audio Sound Device NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device mic getting Problem with working my Headset's Wave Extensible WDM Driver Audio Sound Device NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver I only got the microphone to work around days before it just stopped working i tried it using my phone and the mic is still working just not on my pc Under PLAYBACK DEVICES it has 'SPEAKERS' and 'Realtek HD Audio nd Output' my headset plays under 'SPEAKERS' and no sound is generated when i click to test the 'Realtek HD Audio nd Output' IMAGE HERE click here RECORDING theres both the 'microphone' and 'stereo mix' i tried setting both and default comm devices before but the mic is still not working The 'Line in' states 'not plugged in' IMAGE ABOVE I had my realtek HD Audio Manager updated to the latest version too This is how it looks like now click here you can see the nd Audio output is still there but it still generates no sound at all My sound is still generated through 'Speakers' How should i Problem with getting my Headset's mic working go around retasking my headsets I know im able to retask it using the back panel front panel settings what should i retask it as these are the settings it has now FOR THE BACK FRONT PANEL UNDER 'SPEAKERS' click here a pic of my Device Manager Sounds video and game controllers click here tried various solutions suggested online but i still cant get my mic working could any kind souls provide me a solution to this Under As Included I've

A:Problem with getting my Headset's mic working

Most PCs have separate speaker and mic sockets
modern laptops and phones have a combined socket 4 connections
you may need an adaptor to plug your one headphone cable into the two sockets on the PC
click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/problem-getting-my-headsets-mic-working-4597623/
Relevancy 65.79%

I NEED HELP MY INTERNAL MICROPHONE AND MY HEADSET WONT WORK ON MY HP ENVY M6 I REALLY NEED THIS TO WORK CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU

A:headset not working in windows 10

@cadeb?, welcome to the forum. This is a very common problem with Win 10 upgrades.  You should go into the Control Panel / Sound and check to assure that your microphone and headset are listed and set to Default.  Also, it would be good if you ran HP and Windows Updates to assure that the software and drivers are fully up to date. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/headset-not-working-in-windows-10/td-p/5701094
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello Eightforums Firstly my problem is that my headset microphone is not working correctly As my laptop Lenovo g s only has audio jack but my headset has cables green and pink i bought a mm headset splitter adapter that splits audio output to m headphone and mic jack Having plugged it in I am getting both my internal microphone sounds along Headset working not Microphone with my headset Headset Microphone not working microphone sounds through my headset This is what my volume Headset Microphone not working mixer looks like right now http i gyazo com adf c e ddf f ce afc d a dc png My playback tab in sounds http i gyazo com af f a bc acdfa ea fad c png My recording tab in sounds http i gyazo com af f a bc acdfa ea fad c png My SmartAudio http i gyazo com f d dff de c ffa png http i gyazo com a a d b c f png I am unsure what how to proceed to fixing this issue Thanks Poolwizard

A:Headset Microphone not working

Oh, it seems the problem got solved.

My solution i found on the internet was to go to device manager and then under sound, video and game controllers, i uninstalled the sound drivers. (in my case, AMD High Def Audio Device and Conexant Smart Audio HD)

After both were uninstalled, I restarted my laptop. Then on boot up, the small speaker on bottom right on the desktop has a little red circle on it. I troubleshooted the problem (right click speaker, top option) and it installed something (i assume both the 2 sound drivers I had just uninstalled, since i just checked device manager after it had finished installing and both my previous sound drivers were present). And it seems to work now.

I still don't entirely understand how it worked, but that was my solution.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/55980-headset-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

I purchased a new usb headset, it worked fine i plugged in for the first time. I could able to hear sound and i could able to use mic as well.

After a while, I unplugged it and plugged in back, I am unable to hear anything except the sound like buzzzzzzzzzzzz

please help out to fix this issue.

Thanks

A:Usb headset not working in windows 7

Is the headset detected by the PC? USB headsets DO NOT use the PC's sound card. They take the digital audio data and convert it to analog audio in the headset. Since the headset converts the digtal to analog, may be a problem in the headset. Is there another PC you can try the headset to see if it works or has the same problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/338515-usb-headset-not-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

A few hours my headset mic Headset working Jack Mic not stopped working on my computer and stopped picking up sound from me It wasn't the mic's problem as it worked on another pc but not mine and was not working with Skype or any recording program I have uninstalled the ITD Driver loaded defaults enabled Headset Mic Jack not working the device and checked Headset Mic Jack not working the volume settings with nothing fixing this problem I am on a HP Pavilion DV Laptop running Windows bit The weird part about this is that my mic was working fine a few hours ago and then when I decided to use it again it just stopped When I go to sound options and try to put in the headset jack in the side the green bars light up to show that the jack is inserted but when I talk it takes in nothing I have tried almost everything including restoring the system to an earlier date and at this point have no idea what to do Help is greatly appreciate thank you

A:Headset Mic Jack not working

Some things to check... 1. Doesn't your laptop have a built in mic? If so, see if that works. That may help narrow things down as to whether it is all audio inputs not working or just your headset input 2. Check Control Panel Device Manager to make sure you don't have any yellow exclamation points indicating a driver not installed correctly. 3. Check Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, Manage audio devices, to make sure the correct device is showing up, selected, and configured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/320545-headset-mic-jack-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

Recently I bought a Turtle Beach Earforce X12 headset. And the sound works fine but when I tried out
the Microphone nothing happened, like it wasn't there. I have updated my drivers several times tried but no success. When I go to Recording section in Sound, it shows the microphone as a default device but when I click on it there is a red light not a green light

A:My headset microphone not working

The first thing I see is you do not have the correct RealTek sound driver (what Gigabyte shows for this model) installed. All you have is the generic, basic function, Windows installed High Definition Audio Codec driver.

Install the RealTek driver from the Gigabyte downloads for your motherboard as the first step.

It does not appear you have the correct AMD driver installed for your video card either. Go to www.amd.com and download and install the correct driver.

Considering the sound and video do not have the correct drivers, you need to take a look at all the drivers. Gigabyte provides an install disc with all the drivers and apparently that was not used. However, DO NOT install the Gigabyte EasyTune program, if its on the disc as that is known to cause problems. (EasyTune6 was supplied with my Gigabyte motherboard)

One other comment. I seriously doubt that you have 1TB of RAM (Memory). That is probably the size of your hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/344497-my-headset-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

last weekend i went to my friends house to play some video games and i took my pc with me like i usually do While i was there i didnt use my mic which are a pair of x turtle beaches then when i got home i went to plug them in and get on skype to talk to my friends and noting happened My headset wasnt even on my list of audio devices Iv called a tech guy to ask for help and he told me to reinstall the drivers so i spent on a program that finds and installs old drivers which didnt work my buddy came over that knows a little about pc's and tried to fix it and couldnt iv been looking on the internet for solutions for the past days and i [SOLVED] working not Headset finaly gave up and found this place so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated to add on i bought a whole new x headset to make sure it wasnt my headset that was broken but the new one didnt work either also when my buddy came over he brought is own logtech headset [SOLVED] Headset not working and that one didnt work either and they both are a usb headsets with the green and pink wires i dont know what they are called but yeah its getting really annoying o and my pc has a self integrated soundcard on it plus a build in speaker thats plugged into the motherboard which also doesnt work the only thing that is playing audio on my pc is the hdmi from my video card and its playing through my monitor of course made me put in what my pc is im new to this site but if it doesnt show what kind of os im running and stuff like that i run windows vista business bit and i have a hp compaq dc microtower

A:[SOLVED] Headset not working

Hi and welcome to TSF.

First of all, never spend money on programs that install drivers for you. It can be done free and easy.

Go to your Device manager: start> rightclick on this computer> select manage> Device manager. Here you can see all your installed and missing drivers. Go and see if there are some yellow question marks. like this. If I'm correct the problem here is the sound drivers that are missing.

"and they both are a usb headsets with the green and pink wires,"

They are USB and the audio plugs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-headset-not-working-669877.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey i recently just formatted my computer. One of the programs i use is Ventrilo, and i use it to talk to people using my mic. For some reason, people cannot hear me when im talking and i dont know why, if anyone can help me out that would be awesome

A:Microphone on headset not working

Are all the drivers loaded on the machine? goto device manager in control panel and see if there are any yellow question marks in the list.

if so please post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-on-headset-not-working.89383/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Speedlink Medusa headset and Asus Xonar DS sound card and they ve both been great ever since I bought them but yesterday I turned on my PC and my microphone stopped has Headset working mic wasn t working I tried it with Ventrilo and the windows sound recorder but neither Headset mic has stopped working of them picked up any sound In Headset mic has stopped working the windows input devices the microphone is still ticked and is quot working quot but obviously it is not I have made sure it isn t muted and that is selected in the Xonar DS control panel and I ve tried a system restore but still nothing I havn t changed any settings or installed any new hardware recently so that shouldn t be a problem I ve tried my headset in a different PC and it works fine I ve also plugged a different mic into my pc but it didn t work either I had to transport my pc in the back of my car a few days ago and I ve got a feeling that some connection might have come lose during transport but I wouldn t have a clue where to start when fixing it Any help would be appreciated Rob OS Windows vista home premium bit nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headset-mic-has-stopped-working.877914/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone,

Last week i bought a new Rig 500 gaming headset from EB Games. I went home and read the quick start guide which basically said "If you are using this for a PC, plug it in and your all good to go." So that's what i did, i plugged the jack into the headphones port on the front of my PC (note: there is only one jack). I found that the sound was amazing but when i tried to test the mic on skype it did not work (note: the mic is part of the headset). So, i unplugged the jack and put it into the mic port on the front of my PC. Now the mic did work but the headset sound did not.

So in conclusion only the mic or the headset sound will work at one time instead of both at the one time.

Please help and thanks for reading,

ItsDropPanda

A:Rig 500 headset and mic not working properly?

I did a quick search on your headset and from what I can tell there should be a Y split cable included in the box. This cable would split the mic and speakers into two plugs so you could put one in the mic & front speaker ports. From a video unboxing I saw, it seems the cable is located at the button in some cardboard. Where the warranty card and other papers are located.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/130176-rig-500-headset-mic-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,
I purchased a razer carcharias gaming headset around four months ago with the purpose of using it for gaming as well as as a general pair of headphones for my computer. Yesterday, while I was using it on a skype call, the microphone just stopped working. After going into my computers microphone settings, I have learned that the microphone IS being recognized, but not picking up any voice.

I just need help, because I am not sure if this is a hardware problem, or a problem with the computer itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headset-microphone-not-working.1064266/
Relevancy 65.79%

I would like to ask u, is it me or is it my new mic i bought in the store! I bought plantronics headset, wheare seems to not work the mic :S [ is the link etc i tested all that i could, but it just wont work. Problem is, when i start using mic all it does is SHHHHHHH SHHHHHH and i can hear that am talking but next to it its all the time doing shhhhhh, can someone tells me problem?? Are drivers fault or broken mic?? or simply haxxed pc??? Ty Jure.

Ps (why can t i damit post a link after first post 8( nvm)

A:Plantronics Headset-mic not working!

Return the headset, and get something else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plantronics-headset-mic-not-working.91009/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a headset that works on my other computer, but isn't working on this one. I've tried switching soundcards, and I don't know if that's part of the problem. The sound works fine, but it won't pick up the microphone. It didn't work with the built-in soundboard either.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111) [32 Bit]

My only option for both Sound & Recording device is "Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio"

If anyone could help me with this, that would be great. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-headset-not-working.837057/
Relevancy 65.79%

I just bought a PS Bluetooth headset and an IOgear micro usb bluetooth headset PS3 working... quit BT dongle Originally I installed the software provided with the dongle PS3 BT headset quit working... but PS3 BT headset quit working... after reading on the net discovered that using the WINCOMM drivers provided by Broadcom was the better I installed the software and drivers paired PS3 BT headset quit working... the headset and everything seemed to be working fine for a day at least I was talking to a friend of mine via Xfire and left to make dinner I put the headset in it s charging cradle When I came back I reconnected with the headset and called my friend again He could hear me but I couldn t hear him at all I checked the Xfire settings and the Vista control panel sound settings Everything was as it should be I then unpaired and re-paired the headset Same result mic worked fine but no sound through the speaker I know the speaker is still functional because it still sends the audio indicators when it connects and disconnects I tried unpairing and re-pairing the headset multiple times only once did it ask for the passkey When this didn t work I uninstalled the drivers and WINCOMM software reinstalled using the same software and still the same results Any help would be appreciated Edit After yet again uninstalling and installing drivers and software I discovered that when I connect my headset only the Audio Gateway becomes active and not the Headset in Bluetooth devices See no way to disassociate or associate the headset with the Headset device See no way to disable Audio Gateway completely Just a reminder everytime I have re-paired my headset it has not asked for the passkey since the original discovery despite uninstalling everything I can think of nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps3-bt-headset-quit-working.897607/
Relevancy 65.79%

Today I bought a platronics headset. It features a microphone and headphones.

It connects to the PC with two leads, one for the microphone and one for the headphones.

I plugged in both. The microphone is not detected, and does not display as an option for a voice device in the sound and audio device control panel. Also, sound plays through both the headset and the speakers.

The setup I want is for normal sounds to send through the speakers, and for voice to be send via the headset.

Why is this so screwy? :S I've restarted my PC, etc etc etc.

A:Plantronics headset not working

Bunch of suggestions here:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread25587.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plantronics-headset-not-working.109293/
Relevancy 65.79%

I've been trying to get it to work on Google Chrome and I have Windows 8 64bit, my headset is also a usb headset and is working perfectly with games which are installed on my computer and iTunes and Spotify, Skype.

A:Headset not working on the Internet

Explain more.. your poll makes no sense and we dont know what you're trying to do on the browsers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-not-working-on-the-internet.188617/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey my USB headset working. not headset Drivers=USB has been working for about years now and it still does work My USB ports on the other hand do NOT I have been searching everywhere Drivers=USB headset not working. and couldn t find a solution so I come here I would be most happy if someone can tell me how to fix this below is the problem I plugged in my headset via USB It is an afterglow PDP It had been working all this time and all of a Drivers=USB headset not working. sudden it just stopped So I looked at the Playback devices to select it but instead it wasn t there So i look at my Device Manager Surprise it wasn t there NOTE It is plugged into the one Of USB ports on the left side of my computer I have total works The right one is Drivers=USB headset not working. the only one that works So I install Program after program and nothing works Next I look at my device I have my mouse plugged in on the right side at ALL times I unplug my mouse and plug in my headset and Viola It works But I m a gamer that NEEDS his mouse so I need to locate the problem In device manager i notice an Orange surrounded exclamation point It is under quot Other Devices quot I also notice it is called Universal Serial USB Controller With that being said I being my curious self click on it It says unknown device So i try to update the driver but it says no drivers installed I m sure this is the source of my issues If any else can help PLZ DO nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-usb-headset-not-working.1129313/
Relevancy 65.79%

I m doing this as a favor for my friend whom has a laptop that has an on board webcamera and a on board microphone The mic is terrible I urged her to buy a USB headset so she wouldn t have to deal with the terrible mic Well she bought one yesterday and we thought it was working But this morning we found out it wasn t not working /w Brand new headset mic But it also turns out its not a USB headset like I urged We ve been trying desperately to disable the on board mic no such luck which is Brand new headset /w mic not working why I come here She has windows vista and I do not I know nothing of vista so as you can imagine trying to figure this stuff out for her is hard She has a Dell Inspiron with windows vista on it She just bought a headset with an attached microphone but its not registering as the default instead its still using the on board mic but the speakers in the headset are being used as the default like any plug in headphones would For the record I do not know vista at all Again we spent most of the morning and afternoon trying to figure out how to fix her computer so it would disable her on board mic and use her shiny new microphone she just bought herself as the default and only mic she has Any suggestions or ways to solve this Needs goals - Disabling her on board microphone - Making her new headset be used as the default microphone - Trying to do this without going into BIOS - To find out what windows and options to check uncheck or mute unmute to solve this problem If any information is needed or you need a clearer way of this being explained because I suck please let me know Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:Brand new headset /w mic not working

For some reason, when I typed it out it was spaced out and neat, but when I hit submit it smooched it all together like it is now. My apologies...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-headset-w-mic-not-working.865312/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset , the audio work's but I cannot get the mic to work.
I have a Creative soundblaster 5.1 live soundcard and a abit fatal1ty fp-in9 sli m/b. Audio works on both soundcard and on-board sound on the m/b , but not the mic .... I know some basics to computer's but I'm stuck here.

A:Headset Microphone not working

Looking at this headset, on a YouTube video, the mic portion plugs into the headset. Has this ever worked? If not, I would contact Creative as there may be a problem. Or, if you have access to another PC (a friend's) you could try it on that to see if it works.

As you have both on-board sound and a separate sound card, if you want to use the SoundBlaster you should disable the on-board in the BIOS. Having two can cause conflicts and things to not work. In addition Windows only allows one default audio playback device. Also, where are you plugging in? If its the front panel of the PC case, what audio do you have connected to the front panel? From the motherboard or from the SoundBlaster? Again, if you are using the SoundBlaster but have the motherboard audio connected to the front panel it won't work.

I have a Fatal1ty motherboard in one of my PC's, it is an ASRock Z77 Professional Fatal1ty.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49817-headset-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I don't know where else to turn so I thought I would make a post here.

Today I bought these headphones.
Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset | Creative Labs Online Store

And they don't work.
When I go into Playback/Recording devices they are not being listed as options, only my regular speakers and mic are being listed. When I plug the Headset in no sound comes through my laptop speakers but it does not come out my headset speakers either.

Some things to know, my computer is Windows 7 64bit And I know the Headphones are not broken. Also, as a reminder, this particular headset plugs into the two Headphone and Mic jacks, not a USB. I have made sure they are plugged into the correct slot. I am on a laptop so I only have the two available jacks. One for Microphone and one for headset.

A:New Gaming Headset not working.

Have you looked in the Creative support pages for anything unique about these headphones and if anything specific you need to do to get them to work - I agree that these should work "out the box" but it seems strange they are not even recognized when you plug them in - do they appear in Device Manager ?

Creative link for these headphones........

Creative Worldwide Support > Fatal1ty Gaming Headset

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/227654-new-gaming-headset-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I purchased a new USB headset and when I plugged in for 1st time it worked properly, I could able to hear sound from you tube. and mic was also working properly.

I unplugged the headset and plugged in after a while, head set is not working.

I am able to hear anything except sound like buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please help me out to fix this problem.

Thanks

A:Usb headset not working in windows 7

Welcome to the Forums.

This support trick works quite often. Boot into safe mode. Delete the driver from Device Manager(in this case the headset.) Reboot normally. Windows should reinstall the driver. This technique seems to work more than half the time. It's well worth trying.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/302851-usb-headset-not-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok so i've been researching and i can not figure microphone not working headset out what happened to my mic its a logitech and headset microphone not working I used it about months ago and it worked fine but when i try it now it doesn't pick up anything it works on a computer with XP but not on mine with vista Apparently one of the Vista updates messed it up -its plugged in the headset microphone not working right jacks i've tried the different sets on my computer still nothing -I have sound through the headset speakers' -In the quot Setup Microphone quot under quot Speech Recognition quot where you speak the headset microphone not working sentence the Green Bar doesnt move unless i have the Microphone Boost at max but even then it just bounces a little and doesnt pick up any sound - I've tested it on a computer with XP and it worked -The drivers are up to date im using Realtek HD Audio - It's not muted everything that says Microphone i have up - it says the mic is working properly but not so much - i've tried everything i can think of and still nothing the only thing i see that i think is different is that in quot Playback quot tab in the quot Sound quot options it only says speakers not headset headphones etc Under the quot Recording quot tab it has the mic there and it says its working but its not

A:headset microphone not working

Hi lloydikins, welcome to the forums.

Can you do me a favour and right click the empty space where playback devices are shown, now click on "show disabled devices", this should bring up something called stereo mix, right click that and enable, now... With the headset on, can you hear anything from the microphone when you talk?

Also, the operating system doesn't show a headset as you're using analog jacks, it's just an audio device, it cannot detect a headset through analog jacks...

MrNeeds

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/287387-headset-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Just bought a brand new Razer Piranha Gaming Communicator (Headset). Plugged it all in as normal, sound works perfectly, everything seemed fine, except my microphone isn't working for some reason. Just wondering why that is I have tried different ports, sockets, computer meets the system reqs. Why isn't it working? Is there something specific I need to install? My sound from the headphones is fine, but why isnt the mic working?

The computer is a HP, model a6157c, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00GHz 2038 MB, 32-bit OS. The headset is brand new from Best Buy, came in a sealed box. Didn't install any drivers or in any way install it, just plugged it in the plugs and the sound worked immediately, but the Mic still doesn't and hasn't worked.

A:Brand New Headset, Mic not Working

Also I am using Windows Vista Home Edition, so I need replies concerning this on Vista, if anyone knows how to fix this, please post your replies, please don't post if you are guessing or do not understand the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-headset-mic-not-working.724263/
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently got the SADES SA-708 and to my surprise the microphone was not working. I have tested it on another laptop so I know it's not a problem with my headset. I'm not even sure if my computer is recognizing the headset. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Headset microphone not working

Normally, the Stereo Mix (may be called System Mixer) is set as the default Recording Device. Then whatever is plugged in can be heard, without having to specifically select a device.

Did you download the driver from the Dell downloads? If not, that is the first thing to do.

Product Support | Dell US

To set the Stereo Mix, in the Recording panel, RIGHT click in an empty space and then click to select show Disabled and Disconnected Devices. Stereo Mix should now show up and you can enable it and make it the Default Recording device. System Mixer is required if you ever want to record audio from the Internet.
Product Support | Dell US

Finally, has this ever worked? or is this the first time you've tried the mic input.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/371327-headset-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Product name: DX-28 Dynex Stereo Headset with Noise-Canceling Microphone Long story short, it is not picking up anything I say into the mic. I've already went into all the audio options I know on my computer to ensure nothing was muted/tampered with, and nothing came up. I can still HEAR sound, but when it comes to recording, nothing.

Relevancy 65.79%

My Logitech headset with headphones and mic is ureently not working for no reason at all, its a smiple plug in one (not usb) you plug the jacks in to the mic and sound slots, which has been done correctly.

No drivers or anything just plug in and go, but recently it has stopped working its only a cheap pair so its not major just wondered why?

Thanks for any help,
Tom welols-day

A:Logitech Headset No Working!

Are you sure it's the headset? Have you tried real speakers to confirm it's not the soundcard? If speakers still work, there's probably a broken wire. (Logitech quality, you know!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-headset-no-working.52856/