Windows Support Forum

Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ??

Q: Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ??

Hi guys Hope you can help this has been driving me nuts for some time now Not quite sure what triggered this issue but I have recently been unable to access play media or music delete modify any files on my internal SATA slave drive B Everything seems to work ok on the internal primary drive C Recent files are held on C then transferred to B for archiving back-up or when C is running low on space Sometimes when trying to access a file or directory on the for RAW drive not available slave ?? is with message drives" Data on "Chkdsk Getting B drive I get an I Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ?? O error but even when this error does not appear I still cannot play or view the mp avi or jpeg I Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ?? read somewhere that perhaps the permissions or User Controls have been messed up I disabled User Account Control in Vista and tried to modify permissions as they were not the same as the directories permissions on the C drive It worked for most files but some are still inaccessible I get the I O error I tried to run a chkdsk on B and get the error quot Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives quot But the drives are both listed as NTFS in the Disk Management System Any thoughts on how to get the disk working again or recover the existing data As it stands I cannot even copy files to C to try and recover them Hope I have provided enough information Thanks Chris nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ??

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-chkdsk-is-not-available-for-raw-drives-message-on-slave-drive-with-data.835708/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi

I have Both Window XP (C:/) and Vista Premium (E:/) on my system.

Sometimes when I run vista i get a message say something like this: "Disk E:/ is corrupt, run chkdsk on the drive to resolve issues" After a reboot the chkdsk utily runs before it opens vista and fixes any issues, but i get the same problem a few days later.

Any Ideas?
Thanks

A:constant message "Disk E:/ is corrupt, run chkdsk on the drive to resolve issues"

I'd be testing both the RAM and the hard drive. Vista is really good at stressing out a system and may show issues when XP was fine, as was the case with XP versus 98.

To test the memory I'd use: http://www.memtest.org/

Then find out what brand of hard drive you have, probably will show you in Device Manager, and use the manufacturer's diagnostics to test it.

Another cause could be the drivers for the motherboard. Have you installed any chipset drivers? What motherboard do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-message-disk-e-is-corrupt-run-chkdsk-on-the-drive-to-resolve-issues.550583/
Relevancy 106.21%

I added a slave drive to my Windows XP Pro computer and it appears to work properly However when I open the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the slave drive E which is Windows XP Home Edition Slave Folder Settings" Solved: drive Denied" "Access and on "Documents -- not XP Pro I do not see any of my documents sub-folders etc There should be MANY sub-folders inside the quot My Documents quot folder which isn t even visible with hundreds of documents jpgs etc Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder within it When that drive is installed as the Primary drive in my other computer the User quot Larry Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder quot which is me has all Administrative privileges On the computer that I m running now with the slave drive in it I also have Administrator privileges I own both computers My User Name quot Larry quot is password-protected when I login to Windows when the drive is Primary and installed into my main computer not this computer with XP Pro I ve tried clicking on all the users Administrator Default User Larry Guest etc Note I get an quot Access Denied quot error when clicking on the Guest quot Documents and Settings quot folder So the questions are Why can t I see any files or subdirectories in the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the slave drive There s supposed to be a folder named quot My Documents quot but I can t find it Normally that path is quot C Documents and Settings My Documents quot --- Where is that folder It contains all the files I m looking for Do I have to put the drive back into the other computer and then change something before putting it into this computer or can I change something in this computer to access the folders I m really confused Old Fart Larry nbsp

A:Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder

Follow the directions here to take ownership of a file or folder.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slave-drive-access-denied-on-documents-and-settings-folder.935997/
Relevancy 101.91%

without a complete reinstall Quote from Fred Langa quot Moving The Operating System To "Old" Drive Replacing Slave Primary The "Old" w/new Drive/Making The New Drive There are several ways to move the operating system to a new drive But because I m a fan of drive imaging my preferred method for setting up the operating system on a new drive is this Still running the operating system on the old drive I enter the Device Manager and uninstall the current entries under quot Disk Drives quot This in effect makes Windows Replacing "Old" Primary w/new Drive/Making "Old" Drive The Slave quot forget quot what drives it s currently using I Replacing "Old" Primary w/new Drive/Making "Old" Drive The Slave then reboot to my disk imaging tool and create an image of the quot no disks configured quot version of Windows residing on the old drive I then restore this image onto what will become the C partition on the new drive This whole process is measured in minutes not hours and gets a complete clone of the old Windows set up onto the new drive with all the software and user files intact and ready to pick up from where they left off quot Quoted from Fred Langa http www informationweek com LP showArticle jhtml articleID amp pgno amp queryText He glosses over this part of the instructions expecting all his readers to understand this critical piece I believe that just this one paragraph would qualify as a complete article Anyone care to point me to an article that explains these steps I m using Norton Partition Magic and Acronis True Image And maybe I m not posting this in the right forum nbsp

A:Replacing "Old" Primary w/new Drive/Making "Old" Drive The Slave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-old-primary-w-new-drive-making-old-drive-the-slave.503642/
Relevancy 98.04%

CHKDSK run either by scheduled during restart occurred..." multiple reports drives CHKDSK unspecified for "An error or in Safe Mode Command Line or from a separate USB boot CHKDSK for multiple drives reports "An unspecified error occurred..." disk all show the exact same allegedly quot fixed quot errors over and over again They never actually get fixed Also on out of different disk drives -- including two Samsung SSDs which quot SSD Life Pro quot says are in excellent condition and will last at least more years -- keep reporting an error I've never seen before Code An unspecified error occurred f c d e Fortunately the -bit Windows Pro boot disk never shows an error but I get these repeated and allegedly quot fixed quot CHKDSK errors for example when I'm trying to clone my system partition to any of a few different disk drives and before the cloning can complete I get one or more CHKDSK errors - even though there are no CHKDSK errors from the source disk partition I've checked and re-checked for rootkits and other CHKDSK for multiple drives reports "An unspecified error occurred..." malware using MBAM and Avira Pro and no problems are ever reported I've exhaustively checked the RAM using MemTest v for passes each over two days and again no problems are reported These inexplicable errors are driving me nuts And it's seems extremely unlikely that these are any sort of common problems so I need some creative thinking please I thought maybe a PSU problem but it's a - year old Corsair and I'm not using anywhere near watts Also the mobo and disk temps are typical and even on the low side a bit I don't believe there's anything wrong with the disks themselves but how likely is it that some chip on the ASUS Z -A mobo -- say a SATA chip -- is flawed If it's likely how can I test this I'm desperate here folks Please help

A:CHKDSK for multiple drives reports "An unspecified error occurred..."

A reasonably cheap & easy fix might be to replace the SATA cables. Sometimes these can cause unexplained problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/401453-chkdsk-multiple-drives-reports-unspecified-error-occurred.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Okay so I now have the disks HP sent me so I can do a HD slave for as "data recovery"? system restore due to a Unmountable boot Volume BSOD but it warns that I may lose data even if I only do the quot R quot option This cannot happen it is not my computer but I messed it all up I have another HP that I think I could hook the HD from the farked computer to but I am not sure how to go about that I have to somehow get the important stuff off that drive again not my computer not my fault they don t back their files up but I broke it so I want to fix HD as slave for "data recovery"? it All I know is that I somehow have to change the jumper pins on the quot broken quot HD to make it a slave drive and hook it up to the cable in the working computer crosses fingers the IDE cable in the working computer has a hookup for a slave drive Does anyone know where i can find a simple hah step by step guide for this I tried to Google one but did not get much They are both HP s running XP quot Media Edition quot with SP amp on both in case that makes any difference nbsp

Relevancy 95.89%

every time i try to open one of this folders a window apears with this content
cant have acces to C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Configuration\{one of these folders} acces denied
this affects my IE i cant download nothing thru IE all my files on that locations i cant set dispaly pictures on WINDOWS LIVE messenger and all thinks that has anything to do with those folders
any suggsestions or idea
hope you can help me
pd ive scanned my computer and its all clean also i cant install windows XP serivce pack 2 im kinda stucked :/

A:cant open "temprorary files" "aplication data" "program data"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-temprorary-files-aplication-data-program-data.555222/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 94.17%

When I run 'CHKdsk' the following appears: "Warning! f parameter not secified. Running CHKdsk in read-only mode." Please interpret this message for me. If I should set an "f parameter," how do I do it and what value should I use?

I am running XP Pro. I have never been told there is a poroblem with the disk.

Thanks for any help. {redoak}

A:Solved: CHKdsk "Warning" message

Check this out. CHKDSK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-chkdsk-warning-message.258720/
Relevancy 92.88%

My laptop's system got corrupted Error quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt window system something like this quot Solution I have used I got my laptop's hard drive and start following Drive is - Slave could "Windows file not the because missing/corrupt" bought a Hard Drive Enclosure I connected it to my desktop and found the files Next Problem The files i Slave Drive - "Windows could not start because the following file is missing/corrupt" found seen to be fragment files in the form of name chk The chk files can have their extension be change But this method willl take a long time There are some programs out there that check what extensions this guys have - like filechk and unchk But i want to recover my files properly So i want to fix my system is it possible that i can fix my slave drive's system I already did saw a tutorial saying I shud make Slave Drive - "Windows could not start because the following file is missing/corrupt" my hidden files into unhidden I'm supposed to find the 'windows gt system gt windows and replace it but I failed because I couldn't find that folder

A:Slave Drive - "Windows could not start because the following file is missing/corrupt"

I'd like to know exactly what the error message you're seeing is.

From what I can tell, I doubt the .chk files are related, because .chk files have to do with the CHKDSK utility. When you run CHKDSK and it cleans the disk, it rewrites the damaged files with a .chk extension.

A lot of the time, when you have a "file is missing or corrupt" error, you can copy that file from a working PC onto a removable media like a flash drive or external hard drive. Then you can copy the file from the external to it's proper location on your PC. Also try opening a command prompt and typing the following command:

sfc /scannow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slave-drive-windows-could-not-start-because-the-following-file-is-missing-corrupt-568242.html
Relevancy 92.88%

My problem just appeared a few weeks ago I have always accessed my internal back up hard drive through quot My Computer quot in order to save files to it or download from the slave to the master I have gotten no error messages I have replaced the IDE cable I have switched both hard drives and no matter which one is slave it is not detected I have made them both quot cable select quot and it does not help My system recognizes my external hard drive display drive slave link Computer" an won't my for "My icon I have a VPR r with gigabyte gigabyte of RAM XP Home edition Current master HD is WD and slave is the original WD HD The external is a Seagate HD with USB port and separate power supply The device manager recognizes the slave drive and says it s drivers are up to date and that it is functioning fine Disk Clean and Disk Defrag recognize my internal back up HD and will clean and defrag My Acronis "My Computer" link won't display an icon for my slave drive Image program will recognize it and I can clone or back up through Acronis I just can t get quot My Computer quot to recognize it so I can utilize it I m no expert and any suggestions would be welcome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-link-wont-display-an-icon-for-my-slave-drive.579698/
Relevancy 92.45%

When the motherboard on my yr old pc died recently I wasn t sure how to troubleshoot and find the problem so I hired a computer tech to come out and do repairs At his suggestion I purchased a gently used Dell tower from him and he installed the best parts from my system to the quot new quot one hard drive after market power supply DVD drives However as hard "slave"-- Original drive access no he installed my Gig hard drive as slave to the Gig hard drive already in the machine Sounded okay to me--- until I realized that I cannot access anything that is on the quot slave quot drive At first I thought that was because my original pc Original hard drive as "slave"-- no access had been password protected-- so he sent me instructions to go into SAFE mode and remove all passwords I followed his instructions-- still no joy He has promised to come back and fix things-- but it has been a week and I really would love to be able to use my machine Any suggestions Please don t tell me to shoot the tech -- I might be tempted Thank you StitchinTricia nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/original-hard-drive-as-slave-no-access.148895/
Relevancy 91.59%

I bought an E-machines computer 3 years ago. The power module burned up last week, so I borrowed another power module to see if everything else was ok. Couldn't get the computer to boot up so I assumed the power module failure wiped out the mother board.

I bought another E-machines tower, hooked the old hard drive up as a slave. I can see all the files except what was stored in "my documents'. Access is denied. I changed the BIOS setting and tried to boot from the slave drive but it just goes into a continuous reboot loop. Won't go into safe mode either.

Anyone know of way I can get access to the files in "my documents" without booting from this drive?

A:Can't access "my documents" on slave drive

First stop Take ownership of the folder

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-my-documents-on-slave-drive.54491/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have an old emachine that Computer" see my drive slave doesn't "My won t start I bought a new emachine I want to move all of my files from my "My Computer" doesn't see my slave drive old hard drive to my new hard drive I took the hard drive out of the old machine I put it in the new machine in the middle spot of the ribbon I moved the jumpers for the drive out of the old machine to slave and the new machine to master Now I go into the Device "My Computer" doesn't see my slave drive Manager and it shows both disk drives When I check the properties of the disks it says for both quot This device is working properly If you are having problems with this device click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter quot However when I go into quot My computer quot it does not show up as a drive I only have the original disk from my new computer its partitioned into C and D When I go into Administrative Tools gt Computer Management gt Disk Management The disk shows up there but it does not have a letter assigned to it When I right click on it the option to assign a letter is grayed out So I installed it my computer knows its there but I just can t get to it Can anyone help Thanks Joel nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

The day I try to open files to back up photos and music is the day my comp crashed. No motherboard activity. I finally pulled drive, put it into another Win XP machine as a slave. I've pulled other files and been able to save them, yet I can't get to the main My Documents folder under my ID (access restricted/denied) error.

Is there a way to get inside and access these folders; some trick I do not know?

A:Can't open "My Docs" on slave drive

How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-my-docs-on-slave-drive.153881/
Relevancy 91.59%

I've got two hard drives. Both are 40GB, with one being the master and the other being the slave (obliviously). Both are kinda small. Since I lost my Windows boot CD and can't reinstall Windows, I've decide to just swap out the slave for a massive (500GB+) drive instead. My question.

1 - Can I just leave the first drive intact, and not need to reinstall Windows?
2 - What is a good way to image my slave's current contents and transfer them to my new drive?
3 - I have a parition with Linux installed on my slave drive. If Linux ISN'T on my system, the GRUB boot loader I have doesn't work very well, so I'd like to keep my paritions and Linux OS on my new drive.

Relevancy 91.59%

I have a slave drive in my new custom built pc from my old Dell. I am booting from a new Seagate drive running a clean copy of Win Xp. I need to access the old drives "%APPDATA%" folder. Since it is now slace, i browse to the location but when i click my old profiles name I get a "access denied message." I have tried to boot Win XP from the old drive but when it goes to the log in screen, my mouse and keyboard do nothing. If i hit the tab key on my keyboard my mouse and keyboard actually loose all power.

How can i get to the app data of the old HDD?

A:Can't Access "%APPDATA%" on A Slave Drive

Take ownership:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-appdata-on-a-slave-drive.783733/
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a Samsung 160GB SATA drive as the boot drive. I don't have a problem with that - it works fine. The only problem is that I've tried to add a Seagate Barracuda 40GB drive on, and it's IDE/ATA100. The BIOS does not detect the drive and therefore neither does the OS. Basically, nothing is being recognized. What's going wrong?

I've got experience in putting them together and pulling them apart, but I've never come across this problem before. Got any ideas?

Things I've checked:

1) Everything's up correctly.
2) The cable isn't damaged (it's new, infact)
3) The drive isn't dead (it was working five hours ago and SMART reports didn't have any problems)

Relevancy 91.59%

Hello,

I am running Windows XP Home Edition. I had two drives working fine before I put in a new slave dirve. Before, my old slave drive was a 40g and I put in a new 160 g which will be my new slave dirve. All I did was move my files to my master so I could put in the new one.

Well I put it in and everything went Ok. Windows Xp detected it and said found new harware. Now, it just won't come up in My Computer where I use to see two drives, C: & D: I went to device manager and it says it is working properly.

How can I get it to work so I can move some of my files to the slave drive.

Carlton

Relevancy 90.73%

"Cannot lock current drive" ...and therefore I must schedule scan on reboot.

So how do I lock current drive to go ahead with scan without rebooting first?

A:"Cannot lock current drive" (to do chkdsk scan in cmdprompt).

Quote: Originally Posted by pappi

"Cannot lock current drive" ...and therefore I must schedule scan on reboot.

So how do I lock current drive to go ahead with scan without rebooting first?

What is drive letter of current drive? What's on it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327893-cannot-lock-current-drive-do-chkdsk-scan-cmdprompt.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi This is my first post on the forum I'm having a very HD "The controller - WD CHKDSK a throwing External drive detected err" difficult time accessing my WD TB Mypassport external drive PLEASE HELP WITH DATA RECOVERY I connected WD External HD - CHKDSK throwing "The drive detected a controller err" the drive using USB Windows assigns it a drive letter but does NOT display the volume name Neither does it displays WD External HD - CHKDSK throwing "The drive detected a controller err" the WD External HD - CHKDSK throwing "The drive detected a controller err" quot free space and space used quot information When I try to click the drive for browsing folders Windows Explorer just hangs I tried opening DiskManagement but that too does NOT display anything When I disconnect the external drive it shows up the internal HDD Under Device Manager I can see that the drive is recognized as WD My Passport USB Device Checked the drivers and its up-to-date I also tried to run minitools Partition Magic Wizard to see if it scans and displays the data but after completion I cancelled and tried to browse view for any file NO LUCK Finally I started CHKDSK R F X command which has been running for hours now and showing complete CHKDSK seems to be correcting error in indexes on stage but that has been going on for over hours I see the light on the drive blinking and hear some light spinning sound While CHKDSK is running I check the Event Logs and see this message quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR quot almost times Can someone please help me recover salvage the data I have been thinking about using few other tools but don't want to interrupt CHKDSK command which surely is testing my patience Here are the tools I have been looking at The Recover all data recovery software https www runtime org data-recovery-software htm Thanks a lot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396493-wd-external-hd-chkdsk-throwing-drive-detected-controller-err.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Here is the log from Chkdsk Would someone be kind enough to read it and let me know your thoughts I had problems with my touchpad and cursor behaving erratically on my Dell Inspiron laptop and it was suggested that drive? Chkdsk to Do replace says sectors". I my need hard "bad I run Chkdsk to see if it's a hard drive failing I put a piece of screen saver over the touchpad to see if that would help and changed the settings to default It helped somewhat but I bought a mouse and that seems to be working fine Just have to get Chkdsk says "bad sectors". Do I need to replace my hard drive? used to using it In the meantime I'm worried about the hard drive now and whether I need to replace it Any help will be greatly appreciated I'm new to this forum EventData Checking file system on C The type of the file system is NTFS Volume label is OS A disk check has been scheduled Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of index entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK is verifying file data stage of Read failure with status xc at offset xdcf for x bytes Read failure with status xc at offset xdcf for x bytes Read failure with status xc at offset xdcf for x bytes Read failure with status xc at offset xdcf for x bytes Windows replaced bad clusters in file of name Users Nancy Pictures EBAYIT ITEMST JPG files processed File data verification completed CHKDSK is verifying free space stage of free clusters processed Free space verification is complete Adding bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info b dd fe h h e d - Windows has finished checking your disk Please wait while your computer restarts

A:Chkdsk says "bad sectors". Do I need to replace my hard drive?

Looks to me like a couple of bad sectors were found and replaced.

I'd look at the SMART details on the drive periodically and keep an eye on the "reallocated sectors count". If that starts to rise significantly, I'd probably replace the drive, but otherwise I'd probably keep using it.

You should of course have the data backed up regardless.

You can track the SMART details with the drive manufacturer's downloadable disk analysis tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/350766-chkdsk-says-bad-sectors-do-i-need-replace-my-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Just completed my first build I have after message on found" & build new drives Error install up boot "No two error messages during the boot sequence that I cannot resolve The first screen shot during boot is the Asus logo Next is a black screen that reads quot Error message "No drives found" on boot up after new build & install JMicron Technologies PCI Express to SATA Host Controller ROM V Detecting drives Done Error message "No drives found" on boot up after new build & install No drives found quot next up is another black screen that reads quot Marvel SE XX Adapter BIOS version Initializing No drives present PCIe X GB p s Mode CPU AHCI quot It then proceeds to boot up Win with no apparent problems The SSD is hooked up to the SATA G port Nothing is hooked into the SATA E or E ports In the BIOS under the SATA menu I have the mode set to AHCI SATA G Gray is quot not present quot and the hot plug quot disabled quot SATA G Gray shows M -CT M SSD GB and hot plug is quot enabled quot SATA G Blue is quot ATAPI iHAS B ATAPI quot and hot plug is quot enabled quot The SATA E SATA E ports are quot not present quot and quot disabled quot Under the Boot menu Boot Option Priorities is set to P M -CT M SSD GB is set to P ATAPI iHAS B ATAPI CD DVD Rom Drive has an expandable arrow which shows when clicked Boot Option ATAPI iHAS B ATAPI Hard Drive BBS Priorities is expandable to show quot Boot Option M -CT M SSD GB Build Specs OS Windows Professional x SP MOBO ASUS P P Deluxe BIOS Version x CPU Intel i - k RAM GB X Ballistix -pin DIMM SSD GB Crucial m quot HDD none ODD Lite-On LightScribe X SATA DVD -RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS - VIDEO NVIDIA Quadro NVS PSU Antec EA- D I hope that is enough information to help someone diagnose the error messages and I greatly appreciate any suggestions and advice

A:Error message "No drives found" on boot up after new build & install

Unplug it from SATA 6 G_2 & plug it into SATA 3G. The Marvell driver / port is pretty much useless anyway.

Bootup & see if that gets you in. If not you can always reverse it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/206000-error-message-no-drives-found-boot-up-after-new-build-install.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have Vista installed on a partition of my drive which also has xp on it. When I am on vista a yellow triangle that says "Drive M: Is Corrupt Run Chkdsk On the drive to resolve issue" messege keeps coming on the bottom left of the task bar. After Restart It fixes the problem, but then I'll have the something come up a couple days later. Any ideas on this? Thx.

Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,

I am trying to setup a shared network drive over my work's network and two of the machines are giving me "Access is Denied" when I try to open them either through the explorer or as a mapped network drive.

I have looked through permissions for the folder and the users but I can't find what sets these two machines apart.

The server that is running is Windows 2003 and the machines are XP Pro.

I would really appreciate any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-drives-giving-access-is-denied-message.667244/
Relevancy 90.3%

I cannot remove external USB drives using the "Savely remove" icon,

this error message appears:

Saying the device cannot be removed because of an unknown error.

I cannot find processes accessing that drive.

What could I do to make it work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/savely-remove-external-drives-not-possible-error-message.1166517/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I recently built my first system after some great advice from this community so I m hoping I can get some similar assistance with a small niggle The system is based around an Asus M A GTD PRO mobo I have salvaged HDD and optical when "searching for JMicron Asus mobo booting message Solved: drives" drives from my old system IDE HDD Solved: JMicron "searching for drives" message when booting Asus mobo was the old BOOT drive jumpers set to slave SATA HDD IDE DVD RW jumpers set to master SATA DVD RW and added a new SATA HDD which is the new BOOT drive I installed the last IDE HDD today I ve left it in my old pc until now to allow me to finish some bits and bobs on there Since doing so I have started to get a message on boot - quot searching for drives quot After around - s it finds the IDE drive and then the rest of the boot process continues Once Windows loads everything works as expected I can access all the drives etc The issue is that this extra step is nearly doubling my boot times and I d like to pare it back if at all possible Is it possible to do Solved: JMicron "searching for drives" message when booting Asus mobo that or am I always going to have to wait for this process to complete at every boot I did wonder if it may be something to do with the jumper settings on the drives I have checked the boot sequence in BIOS and everything looks good the IDE drive is listed last th in the boot priority Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Solved: JMicron "searching for drives" message when booting Asus mobo

Recheck the boot priority making sure the boot drive is first, then remember to save the settings on exit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-jmicron-searching-for-drives-message-when-booting-asus-mobo.954641/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello I am having trouble accessing my storage hard drive after a Windows XP "see" not XP slave drive Pro does Windows FAT-32 Pro install The oGB c Windows XP Pro does not "see" FAT-32 slave drive drive with Windows XP Pro works fine but the GB slave hard drive I have on this system which Windows XP Pro does not "see" FAT-32 slave drive has partitions does not work at all it was working perfectly with Windows but Windows XP Pro does not "see" FAT-32 slave drive the new WinXP will not let me access the slave drive data both the master and slave drives are formatted in FAT format When I click on the slave drive I get quot The disk in drive f is not formatted quot the other drive partition letters are not indicated at all WinXP indicates that both HDs are quot active quot and quot healty quot but when I looked at it the storage drive indicated that it was FAT which is not correct it's FAT Win XP sees it as quot RAW quot How do I get this slave drive working again Can I assign new drive letters without destroying my data The new XP works great other than this problem HELP AH

A:Windows XP Pro does not "see" FAT-32 slave drive

Do you have any system info? cpu mobo etc.

Rod

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-pro-does-not-see-fat-32-slave-drive-122285.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Had a scheduled Acronis backup begin when My (D:\) Slave "LOST"? Drive!!?? I remembered noticed that a P P utility was not shut down so literally seconds after the backup had begun I shult down the P P Immediately "LOST"? My Slave (D:\) Drive!!?? got a popup from Acronis advising that the backup could not be completed continued Inititated Acronis manually to restart the backup and it advised that the imaging process could not be done because the D drive the destination HDD for the backup was not formatted The popup console window asked whether I wished to format the D drive now I seem to have lost all the data on the slave drive in a matter of seconds What the hell is going on Please offer some counsel or method s to resolve this issue if available Any suggestions tips etc will be greatly appreciated Regards jmac P S I have tried to access the Command Line prompt to perform a quot chkdsk r d quot but keep getting the popup window stating that quot the file directory name is invalid quot

A:"LOST"? My Slave (D:\) Drive!!??

Welcome to TSF....

THe use of P2P networks troubleshooting on any legal forum is not covered because of the use of the networks are for illegal purposes and almost 99.9% of anything downloaded is infected to the max. More than likely your computer is infected and this might have caused the loss of the drive D:

I would suggest to reboot the computer and see if the drive comes back if it does not then I would download the drive diagnostics from the manufacturer of the hard drive and run this, also check the cabling inside the computer and make sure everything is properly connected, also try anther hard drive in its place.

I would get rid of whatever P2P program you have and stay off them they are the worst thing for your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-my-slave-d-drive-244529.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have an old - partially bad - Western Digital WD 400 that I would like to try to get some info off of it --and if unable, then I'd like to erase whatever I can before sending it back in for warranty replacement.

Don't like the idea of sending it back with all my private info on it. BUT...probaly not worth giving it to some data recovery guys to erase ( too much $$ )

On the back of it, I've got the white pin on the 'slave' position - NOW what do I do?

Thanks !!

Relevancy 89.87%

I've seen this posted elsewhere but the proposed solutions don't apply to nbsp or are simply 'solutions' we can't apply in this environment We occasionaly see nbsp one or both of the following on desktops and laptops alike quot Could not reconnect all network drives quot balloon message and an icon in the system tray No reconnect "Could Disable all [SOLVED] drives" Domain Message/Icon not in Environment network balloon message but the icon exists in the system tray Understandably this happens [SOLVED] Disable "Could not reconnect all network drives" Message/Icon in Domain Environment off the network although we want to suppress that however this happens while on the network nbsp In every case that we've seen this when we check 'Computer' formerly 'My Computer' all of the network drives are connected nbsp Windows reports a 'false positive' - so to speak Briefly here's our setup Win Enterprise in a domain environemnt Built-in Win firewall has been disabled No third-party software firewall solutions present Network drives are mapped via net use persistent yes Explorer with reconnect amp logon set amp via exporting importing the network drive information from HKCU Network We use a login script however the login script does not handle the mapping of all of our network drives nbsp This is because we have a number of different departments who over the years used overlapping drive letters and there are some situations where users also overlap departments that use overlapping drive letters nbsp This goes back before my time nbsp So instead users map their own drives remember the credentials and reconnect at logon nbsp Furthermore when users call the Help Desk the Help Desk nbsp uses the ' persistent yes' switch parameter nbsp when doing mappinv via command line Not sure if this is relevant but when we move users to a new machine or reimage their machine we backup amp restore the HKCU Network key which houses the mapped connections to make the transition nearly seamless nbsp So doing a net nbsp use delete Y to 'fix' this problem is not an option here Is there anything I can do to to prevent that message from popping up along with preventing the icon from displaying in the system tray nbsp Although the quot Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon quot and quot Turn off all balloon notifications quot GPO settings are set to 'Enabled' those are the only potentially relevant GPO setting I could find and they don't appear to fix this issue Also I've been looking at the setting discussed here http support microsoft com kb en-us nbsp but although users are promoted to local administrators via a GPO I'm not certain that applies here or if that will help Lastly thanks to another post I found on the forums I ran across this setting http support microsoft com kb nbsp and am wondering if this is worth investigating however I'm concerned of how changing this setting may affect the servers the user's are connecting to based on way this sentence was phrased quot This behavior occurs because the systems can drop idle connections after a specified time-out period by default minutes to prevent wasting server resources on unused sessions quot If we set this value to some insanely high value how might that impact a server with a connections Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Disable "Could not reconnect all network drives" Message/Icon in Domain Environment

From Microsoft after submitting the Design Change Request (DCR) and Business Impact Statement

I was in Redmond last week and this issued was discussed in detail with the development team . We did figure that this is a change in the design /code that lead to the issue you are seeing . The team weighed the effort of investigating this further ; the
effort of changing the component code that has already being isolated verses a workaround for the issue that could be provided. The team felt that this request did not meet the set ( high) bar for taking in design change request for Windows 7 . Case notes
indicate there are some workarounds that have been work on by previous engineers who worked on this case with you. If not, the Dev team and me will be glad to work on the workaround by editing the scripts. With my request the Dev team will file this design
change request for the next OS release (the one after Windows 7) . At this moment I don’t know if this request will be accepted in the next release but if will certainly be discussed and a decision will be made.
Cause and Status

There is a change in code path /design from windows XP to Windows 7 that is  leading to this behavior
A request of design change was filled . The team weighed the effort of investigating this further ; the effort of changing the component code that has already being isolated verses a workaround for the issue that could be provided. The team felt
that this request did not meet the set ( high)  bar for taking in design change request for Windows 7 .

With my request the Dev team will file this design change request for the next OS release (the one after Windows 7) . At this moment I don’t know if this request will be accepted in the next release but if will certainly be discussed and a
decision will be made.

Workaround
One of the basic script workarounds is that , if we have a batch script that will attempt to access \\server\share that
should be mapped to z: then the expected behavior can be achieved with net use.  At the top of the batch script we can add the line: net use z:\\server\share
In the situation where we currently have a failed access, the script will work precisely the same.  If the user was in a functional situation then the added line will give the following error message: “System error 85 has occurred. The
local device is already in use.” However, the batch script will continue as before providing the expected functionality.
If this error message is not acceptable (although it will be hard to notice it because if we just click on a script it will flash the cmd window by quickly) then the output can be suppressed.  Using “net
use z: \\server\share 2> nul” will suppress any errors this command would
produce.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f6ec02e9-50c5-4311-b8e0-523490c16883/solved-disable-quotcould-not-reconnect-all-network-drivesquot-messageicon-in-domain?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 89.44%

All of a sudden I could not find my sent mails in the Sent Items Folder I not "This configured" Error been 2010 has Outlook message file data looked for help from the forums and got a suggestion to create another profile to test whether I can see my sent mails there I Outlook 2010 Error message "This data file has not been configured" followed the instructions but there was not enough to lead me through so I don't think I completed creating a profile Then I got another suggestion to purchase the Registry Booster to clean up my registry After I did that I was able to see my sent mails again However I still continue to see the Outlook Data File Popup with the message quot This data file has not been configured Select an existing file to configure or try the name of a new file to create quot After I clicked quot OK quot then I got another pop up to prompting me to choose a file from the Libraries Documents directory I clicked quot Cancel quot then I got another pop up with quot Properities for this data file must be defined prior to use quot I clicked quot OK quot and then I got the Outlook Data File Popup and the same subsequent popups again After clicking through I was able to start my Outlook but when use the registry Booster to scan I got more error messages So apparently these errors from Outlook is mucking up my registry Anyone has any idea about this problem Please help Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you Helen

A:Outlook 2010 Error message "This data file has not been configured"

Hi Helen,

Firstly, you certainly do not need any registry boosters to solve Outlook data file issues - was this a recommendation made by someone, or was this suggested to you by an automated pop-up? If its the latter, is there any chance you could be infected by some sort of malware?

To solve the Outlook issue, do you know where your Outlook data file is being stored? Can you do a search on your computer for all files with this extension:

.pst

Post back here with your findings. Also, can you tell us about your current system : what anti-virus software are you using. I'm a bit concerned about this Registry Booster : generally speaking, in most cases you really do not need/want to be mucking with the registry at all.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/164037-outlook-2010-error-message-data-file-has-not-been-configured.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello,

Burned jpg's to CD, but when I viewed them using ACDSee, the bottom half of most of the pictures are black - with a message that the data stream is corrupt.

I recall seeing that some of them were like this before I burned them to the CD, but many more of them are now affected.

Would it be better to save them in a different format? Could it be because they were put through DCEnhancer before being saved, or because I edited them through ACDSee?

This is a real pain as half of my pictures are useless.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Bye,
Penny.

A:Fujicam - "Data Stream Corrupt" Error Message

Just bumping this query - Has any one any ideas, please.

Thanks,

Penny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fujicam-data-stream-corrupt-error-message.131945/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi there I ve searched a lot on the web for the answer to this problem but none that fit my particular situation Recently this error message has started popping up when I use word on my home computer quot Word has lost data due to a bad network connection or missing floppy Documents relying on this data are going to be saved and then closed quot word message: due to network..." "...lost 2007 data annoying a bad error However despite its threatening intent I have never lost data Its bloody annoying word 2007 annoying error message: "...lost data due to a bad network..." because it stops me typing I press ok and it goes away only to pop up at a seemingly random time later From my ultimately fruitless googling I have an idea that it is related to me syncing with an external hard drive and then using this external hard drive at my work computer When I do this I save directly to my external drive Unfortunately I have no choice because my work computer crashes if I try to sync it with my hard drive I don t know if my suspicians are right or wrong but I really hope that somebody can help me with this problem Thanks for your time nbsp

A:word 2007 annoying error message: "...lost data due to a bad network..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-annoying-error-message-lost-data-due-to-a-bad-network.1058239/
Relevancy 89.01%

Re cloned a G HDD to a G USB Flash stick Nov this link helped me http www techspot com community t e-old-usb-storage-drivers post- Andy ----- Original Message ----- From Andy Sent Friday November PM Subject cloned a G HDD to a G USB Flash stick hi all happy holidays etc this USB drive Flash into solved data "Insert H: drive" loss/lock/error drive is an old issue yet i am still working on it in July I cloned my G HDD onto a G USB Flash solved USB Flash drive "Insert drive into H: drive" data loss/lock/error stick in Sept I had a data loss so I thought to recover my data using this G clone I put this G Flash stick into my computer and it showed up as a Local drive yet was inaccessible and with its LED flashing incessantly this was solved USB Flash drive "Insert drive into H: drive" data loss/lock/error after I treated this G USB flash stick as if it were a whole computer and I then attempted to use misused Win Vista s EasyTransfer program in a failed attempt to restore my lost data solved USB Flash drive "Insert drive into H: drive" data loss/lock/error img src styles default xenforo clear png class mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie alt title Frown I later ran CHKDSK f r on it and Chkdsk repaired and or deleted about quot attributes quot files after which this G Flash only shows up as a Removable Storage not Local drive and remains locked data inaccessible yet without the flashing LED the USB drive when I clicked on it in My Computer would give the an error message quot Insert drive into H drive quot Insert a drive into my tiny USB drive which isn t even a CD or DVD drive I tried all the free home remedy data recovery tools that I could find then I snail-mailed this thumb drive to my computer whiz baby brother finally I purchased for and downloaded Seagate s data recovery tool and had my brother return the drive this was when I found the link above and it s freeware DriveCleanUp program and this solved my issue ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ what I think was still is quot the problem quot locked drive issue is that the clone looks for the same C assignation as my HDD which btw I had been able to upgrade to G the problem now I guess is where can I find an old XP or Vista computer to fool around with changing the C drive letter as I m afraid to experiment on this my only one of my two working lt Vista gt machines ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this wasn t the problem my issue was caused by left-over USB Flash storage and other USB drivers which once installed were never removed the freeware DriveCleanUp program linked in the link and properly installed please study the instructions in the link should help you with this issue it helped me ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- any thoughts appreciated Andy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-flash-drive-insert-drive-into-h-drive-data-loss-lock-error.1140361/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hey everybody A few Error Message "No Found"! Were Drives days ago a friend of mine gave me a notebook he had no use for anymore It is a quot Fujitsu Siemens AMILO Xi quot and Error Message "No Drives Were Found"! he had Windows Error Message "No Drives Were Found"! XP on it So he gave it to me and I wanted to install Windows on it When I came to the part of the installation when the system asks to choose a drive to install the OS there was an error message quot No drives were found Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot Or something similar It asked me to look for drivers on a floppy disk or to browse on the computer Anyways I dont have any Floppy disk nor any CD that came with the notebook Like a driver CD Is there any way to fix this problem and install W Has anyone had the same problem Please Help I dont know what to do PS Details under System Specs AbisZ

A:Error Message "No Drives Were Found"!

Download Gparted, burn it to CD, then boot from the CD, format the disk and create partitions. Then try to install win7. This tutorial may help you.

Formatting With GParted - Set Partition

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/85314-error-message-no-drives-were-found.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum but im having problems saving spreadsheets in excel. When saving to a specific folder on my hard drive I receive the error message "Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy)". It doesn't happen every time but most of the time. It only happens in Excel and only happens when saving to one specific folder. Does anyone have any ideas about the problem?

Thanks.

A:"Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy)" - message received when saving in Excel 2003

The hard drive has a bad sector under that folder?

Test the hard drive with the manufacturer-provided utililty to confirm.

The bad sectors can be marked unusable with the chkdsk utility to make Windows work around the bad areas, but you should consider repacing that drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-error-cyclic-redundancy-message-received-when-saving-in-excel-2003.90248/
Relevancy 89.01%

New Dell 530 computer, new Office Pro package installed by Dell. Everything works pretty smoothly so far, but every time I open Outlook (not Outlook Express), I get a message "A data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected while the check is in progress." I can still check email, appointments, etc, but it works in the background and sometimes interferes with the keyboard or mouse. And if the program is open long enough, it reports a message "data file check complete." It's not a huge issue but is very annoying. Any ideas?

A:2007 Outlook "data file" message

Hello Judy. Here is an article that explains the error message and provides a resolution to prevent it from occurring again.

Hope that helps.

-- Goku

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2007-outlook-data-file-message.787795/
Relevancy 89.01%

I am on a Sony Laptop w/ Vista printing to Dell 2130cn and recieve this printer error "PDL Request 016-720 Data Violation"

Does anyone have a solution to this? I am unable to print from the web or pdf. I can print docs.

I just had a tech here for an hour and he had no idea.The printer is fine - I am able to use other computers to print. He did MS updates and reinstalled printer. There were no solutions by Google search. Has anyone else had this problem and how to fix.

Also, I do have a HP C7280 and it just prints blank pages from the internet with no error messge.

Thanks - Katy

A:"PDL Request 016-720 Data Violation" - Error Message

Welcome
Here is a list of problem codes
Follow 16-720
Understanding Printer Messages

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/285377-pdl-request-016-720-data-violation-error-message.html
Relevancy 89.01%

When i try to install xp sp2, I keep getting "the data is invalid. xp sp2 could not be installed" error message.
I have re-installed windows and tried installing sp2 from CD, and tried the downlooad from the microsoft website, both with the same result.
Can anybody make any suggestion on what i can try next.
Many thank's Brian.j
[email protected]

A:Installing xp sp2, I keep getting "the data is invalid" error message.

Brian.j said:

When i try to install xp sp2, I keep getting "the data is invalid. xp sp2 could not be installed error message".
I have re-installed windows and tried installing sp2 from CD, and tried the downlooad from the microsoft website, both with the same result.
Can anybody make any suggestion on what i can try next.
Many thank's Brian.j
[email protected]Click to expand...

Welcome to the forums

http://support.microsoft.com/xpsp2getinstall

did you read the above? That looks like a good starting point...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-xp-sp2-i-keep-getting-the-data-is-invalid-error-message.354614/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have an hdd which normally runs in a USB case.

I fell foul of switching off before using the "Safe to remove" feature and the drive became Not accessible.

I have removed it and installed it in my main computer as a slave. it is recognised in my computer and in disc management´

The error message is "The disc structure is corrupted and unreadable"

Disc management shows a healthy disc but without the NTFS file structure.

How can I run dskchk and attempt to recover? as I cannot access from either Start-run or from command prompt

A:how to run chkdsk on a "not accessible drive"

Chkdsk will not recover that drive. You need partition recovery, or file recovery and then repartition and reformat the drive.

Free:
Testdisk Documentation
Testdisk Download
DriveRescue
Testdisk Boot Disk
Partition Find & Mount
Free DTIData NTFS Partition Repair Tool
Commercial:
Diskinternals Partition Recovery (Demo)
[email protected] Partition Recovery
Bootmaster Partition Recovery
ZAR Partition Recovery
DIY DataRecovery DiskPatch
Partition Table Doctor
Sometimes you can recover files even when the partition structure is damaged.

Free recovery applications:
Smart Data Recovery
Recover Files
Recuva
Restoration
Free Undelete (NTFS only)
Softperfect File Recovery
ADRC Data Recovery Tools
Undelete Plus
Data Recovery
PCI File Recovery
DriveRescue
Ultimate Data Recovery
Disk Investigator
Commercial:
O&O Disk Recovery
Paragon Mount Everything (Mounts any file system, CD/DVD burning, File Manager, Partitioner)
GetDataBack (For FAT or NTFS)
Ontrack EasyRecovery Pro
File Scavenger
Recover My Files
RecoverPlus Pro
Zero Assumption Recovery
[email protected] File Recovery
Final Recovery
Recover4All Professional
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
NTFS Recovery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-run-chkdsk-on-a-not-accessible-drive.715854/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a chart in an Excel spreadsheet, and it has several "series" in it. Some of the series are charted as "lines", and some are "areas" that fill in the entire background of anything from 0 to the value I have entered.

I have one particular series that is showing up as an "area" but I want it to be drawn as a "line" instead, so it DOESN'T fill in the area below it. I currently have the "background" as "none", but now I have a line from the last value down to "0", and that's what I want to avoid...

Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Excel 2003 - how to change a chart data series from "area" to "line"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-how-to-change-a-chart-data-series-from-area-to-line.688560/
Relevancy 86%

Hello

how can I delete "saved password" and "form data" of microsoft
edge manually ?!

after too much search in google ....

I trid to delete some value of the following registry address
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\

also I tried to delete some files in the following folder
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

and finally I could not find the way ...!!!

please help !

A:delete "saved password" and "form data" from microsoft edge manually

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to settings (... dots from top right), click view Advanced settings and "Manage Saved Passwords".
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35630-delete-saved-password-form-data-microsoft-edge-manually.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Whenever I plug in my USB device it wants to "scan and fix" but works if I just continue. On the other hand the G drive which is for my SD card gives me errors of corruption even before I took it out for the first time. Something is up with the drives and they are updated and all that. Also, with the SD card it doesn't let me delete and when I do add it is just the folder without the contents which then I can't delete. Help me fix this problem. I have a LX series Gateway computer with the pop up drive if that gives you any idea what I am dealing with.

PS: Should have bought a Mac.

A:USB Drives- "Scan and Fix" error and SD Card drive doesn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-drives-scan-and-fix-error-and-sd-card-drive-doesnt-work.919930/
Relevancy 85.57%

I only get the BSOD when playing games not any specific game but any sometime i can go a whole week of playing games and have no BSOD at all and somedays minutes after a game is running it will BSOD everytime all day long When I try to Run any game like GW Or Inquisition my pc turns into Bluescreen with an error CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR I ve already Updated all my drivers and reinstalled all my games also run chkdsk f and memtest with no problems This is the screen Also this is my dump config note that i have windows not Still it doesn t create any File or Folder and when the BSOD happens the blue screen say that its collecting info but it doesn t get off It s the same with the Inpage & Data "Critical Process Error" Died" "Kernel critical process died it just goes to the "Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error" blue screen saying its collecting info but it also doesn t get off I m completely baffled with what to do as the blue screen view hasn t picked up anything and i cant find the dump files nbsp

A:"Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error"

Hi BTW, welcome to the TSG Forums....

You may find this from the MS Community helpful. If Greek is easier to understand than this article then come back to this Forum and someone will help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-kernel-data-inpage-error-and/b67ae41a-9228-4462-9c53-d1f5d115f784

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-process-died-kernel-data-inpage-error.1142685/
Relevancy 85.57%

In doing some searching for info about the current state of technology for computer? for or I individual new drives Should "Combo"drive, a a chose CD/DVD CD/DVD CD DVD burners drives I was surprised to find it so difficult I personally have used only a CD R W drive but recognize that DVD technology should Should I chose a CD/DVD "Combo"drive, or individual CD/DVD drives for a new computer? be acquired also for my new computer I am also given to understand that Should I chose a CD/DVD "Combo"drive, or individual CD/DVD drives for a new computer? most DVD drives can read CDs but even that needs to be confirmed with each unit Unless I m mistaken a single drive even the so-called quot combo quot units can only burn one type of disc either CD or DVD but not both They appear to usually be able to read the other format but not write it Is that an accurate impression To make a long story as short as possible what recommendations do you have for selecting a drive for a new computer that would permit me to use my existing collection of CDs and to both read and write on them but also put me at the forefront of DVD technology and versatility and be able to both read and write DVDs This is another way of admitting that I haven t figured out all the existing formats yet sorry Again in summary is there any combo unit available that will read and write burn both CDs and DVDs in most formats or is it advisable to install one of each type of drive to get the most performance and versatility nbsp

A:Should I chose a CD/DVD "Combo"drive, or individual CD/DVD drives for a new computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-chose-a-cd-dvd-combo-drive-or-individual-cd-dvd-drives-for-a-new-computer.710727/
Relevancy 85.14%

I do not know what I did. When I opened a message it open it "Message"; now it opens in "File". How can I get it back to open in "Message"?

A:Outlook 2016 - Message opens in "File", not "Message"

If you minimized the Ribbon, this caused it. Open a message and maximize the ribbon.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/outlook-2016-message-opens-in-file-not-message-1104778.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Pretty much all said in the title, but I'll flesh it out here anyway.

Basically, am about to build a new system for a friend, Win 7 Ultimate x64, with a 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD for OS and programs, and two 1TB Seagate Baracuda 7200rpm drives in a mirrored array for data/documents.

What I would ideally like to do, is set Ll this up during installation so that opening My Documents automatically paths to the RAID array.

1) If this is possible, how do I do it?
2) If not, how do i make Windows permanently move the my docs path after installation?

Just in case it makes any differance, I will be installing from an upgrade disc, with Windows XP home disc for proof of upgrade.

A:Can i set the "My Documents" path to another drive/drives during inst?

Take a look here:
User Folders - Change Default Location

User Profile - Change Default Location

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/190166-can-i-set-my-documents-path-another-drive-drives-during-inst.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum, so this is my first post. Here is my issue: A few nights ago my desktop (Dell dimension E510) started saying RAID status rebuild during start up. Then went to degraded, and finally failed. I ran hard drive diag. and found one of the 2 hard drives (Western Digital WD2500) has indeed failed. I was able to retrieve all of my data, thankfully. So, I removed the bad hd, changed the BIOS to non-raid, erased the good drive and tried to do a fresh install of XP. Everything goes smooth, until I get to the select, delete, or create partition screen. Instead of seeing a partition I see "unknown disk: there is no disc in the drive" four times. I have searched the web but haven't been able to secure any solid info yet... any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

A:Hard drive failed... now computer can't "see" drives?

sounds like the second drive is bad too I just put in a new harddrive in my dell laptop this afternoon and am loading xp pro on it as we speak. if you booted to xp disk and it was trying to get to the point of formatting a partition on the remaining good drive, you thought was good, then it should have seen the remaining good drive...did it just have one partition? then it should have shown the one partition and the full size of that harddrive that it would ask you to format....

thats what it appears to be telling you from my perspective.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-failed-now-computer-cant-see-drives-370078.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a custom built HTPC with a Seagate SATA drive. Media Center halted, and Win7 would not reboot. When I attempt to reinstall Win7 it cannot find the drive (C) - "No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation."

My research tells me SATA drives don't have drivers, at least that's what Seagate says.
I've changed BIOS SATA controller from "Enhanced" to "Compatible" with no effect.
Don't know what to try next. Please don?t make me go to Geek Squad J
Any help?

A:Win7 "No Drives found" SATA drive

May we get the make and model of your Motherboard?

Also the model of your SATA drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/152908-win7-no-drives-found-sata-drive.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all Seeing this thread being preoccupied today drive, "data" How on relocate separate 2nd internal OS drive? from to with work projects and generally obsessing over the imminent arrival of my first system with dual internal drives I must ask my next really stupid question How do I relocate my data from quot My Documents quot on the GB SSD OS drive on which I assume How to relocate "data" on 2nd internal drive, separate from OS drive? it will arrive from the factory to the other internal data drive a TB spinner All of my previous and current systems had have a single hard drive either a spinner or a SSD but not both So this is new How to relocate "data" on 2nd internal drive, separate from OS drive? for me This will be an OEM box not an upgrade and not a home-built system I assume it will arrive from the factory with quot everything quot on the SSD C and quot nothing quot on the spinner I guess the HDD will be D FWIW the system will have only a single Admin user account Before I get too far down a rabbit hole when it arrives later this week and before I move my quot How to relocate "data" on 2nd internal drive, separate from OS drive? old quot data from the old system to the new one I just need to know how to make sure that I properly locate my data folders documents pictures videos etc on the new system's data HDD rather than on its OS SSD I presume it's not as easy as a mere quot drag and drop quot of the quot My Documents quot folder from C to D right I have to somehow quot point quot Windoze to the new non-default location I know this is a really really stupid question from an old geezer So thanks very much for your patience MM

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54469-how-relocate-data-2nd-internal-drive-separate-os-drive.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I just got a new Hewlett Packard computer with Windows XP The CD drive is a combo CD reader writer and DVD The main reason I need it is to backup my many documents database programs RootsMagic family history Quicken etc photographs and drawings The pre-installed burning program on the computer is Adaptec s I think Sonic RecordNow which is useless for my needs because of the way it works The HP tech suggested I download DLA to enable me to use quot drag amp drop quot through Windows Explorer but I haven t had much luck with that either What I need is to be able Data "Drag & storage backup to using as..." "Save CD-RW's Drop" or and to use a CD-RW as a giant floppy - to add delete copy edit and move files just as I do on my regular floppies using quot drag amp drop quot through Windows Explorer or quot save as quot What software do Data backup and storage to CD-RW's using "Drag & Drop" or "Save as..." I need for this Please use quot baby-talk quot with me because I don t understand any of the initials terms and technical language I see all over these forums Thanks Dellasha nbsp

A:Data backup and storage to CD-RW's using "Drag & Drop" or "Save as..."

The most versatile program for that is "Nero"
The latest version Nero6 Reloaded is a bit bloated, maybe the NeroMIX will do better for you. Read the specs here: www.nero.com

The part that interests you specifically is InCD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-backup-and-storage-to-cd-rws-using-drag-drop-or-save-as.19692/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello So a while ago my computer crashed and I wasn't sure what it was so I tried many proper with device" Boot data only "Reboot Select and 1 drive things because I wasn't getting any BIOS beeps so I thought it was the motherboard but long story "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with only 1 data drive short it's the graphics card so I've replaced that with my old one for now But since I took out so many parts so many times I keep getting the quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device quot error I have a Motherboards - P P LE - ASUS And I've set the SSD to the primary boot I've tried to directly boot it via BIOS but they both still give the same result I've put the Win disk in and done a repair but still "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with only 1 data drive no change Since my OS is installed "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with only 1 data drive to my SSD is there a chance it could have corrupted the files or the actual drive when the computer crashed From what I heard SSD's seem to be a bit fragile Any help or recommendations would greatly appreciated Thank you

A:"Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with only 1 data drive

How many times have you tried startup repair ?

It may take 3 attempts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/336619-reboot-select-proper-boot-device-only-1-data-drive.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Am I kidding myself that using Google Drive free is a good idea for my off-site backup Every once in awhile I notice its system tray icon is quot faded quot meaning that it isn't running probably because I lost the wireless signal on my laptop possibly because my router seems to require resetting every week or so Other than that I've had no surprises And did I mention the price Googling shows failures from both Google Drive and Carbonite so why pay Two weeks ago I had to Google Drive Is backup Dell NOT Data"Safe" reliable? is reformat my C partition and so lost the Is Google Drive reliable? Dell Data"Safe" backup is NOT User data that was in it but I used Ubuntu to copy it onto an external Toshiba hard drive so other than the inconvenience it turned out OK I didn't consider trying to restore from Google Drive because I felt more comfortable dragging folders onto drive C after reformat I wish I HAD used Google Drive to see how restoring ALL the data would go In the process I learned that Dell Data quot Safe quot Backup is FAR from it Took forever to backup no time at all to FAIL TO RESTORE Knowing in advance that this is common--i e that it is NOT SAFE AT ALL--I used Ubuntu to access the folders on drive C and copy to external drive Windows backup quit working the day I installed my Seagate external drive So I wrote my own Java backup program which seems to work well enough But since it's not automatic and since I'm like most people the backup on it when drive C went bye-bye wasn't exactly up-to-date Thank whoever for Ubuntu

A:Is Google Drive reliable? Dell Data"Safe" backup is NOT

Hi
I suppose any online backup is better than none
But it would be best used as a second or third alternative and not as primary
Mostly the download time would be a deal breaker as you found moving folders is much faster
Or restoring from a local hdd with a system image on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/377157-google-drive-reliable-dell-data-safe-backup-not.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm trying to wipe secure erase my computer hard drive and put it back to factory settings--the computer is getting sold From reading the forums I realize I can use clean all or other programs to write over the quot deleted quot data with ones or zeros However my plan of action was to Use system recovery to system the a data save "deleted" hard on image Does drive put the computer back to factory settings Create a system image Use clean all from the command prompt to wipe the drive Reinstall Windows via installation CD Restore via system image The one problem is that I don't know if a system image saves absolutely everything including data that had been quot deleted quot and is still present on the hard drive but is designated by the computer to be written over I'm worried that if I do this I'll just be undoing my attempt at securely erasing my hard drive and the quot deleted quot data will still be available for people Does a system image save "deleted" data on the hard drive to find if they tried Does anyone know If this is true I'll Does a system image save "deleted" data on the hard drive just do all of this and just reinstall the HP drivers and software that came with it manually and the hard drive won't have a recovery partition for the next person

A:Does a system image save "deleted" data on the hard drive

I'm not sure I follow your steps. I'm missing why you'd install Windows 7, then restore. Do you have a Recovery Disk ?? If not can you still make one ?? If either is yes, then I'd wipe the drive and restore and be done with it.

On the other hand, if I was that concerned I'd probably just put another HDD in it and restore to it.

In answer to your question though, it depends on what you use to capture / apply the image. Imagex, by nature, simply gets the "meat" of the OS install and leaves behind anything else. Other stuff may well carry the "ones and zeros" of deleted data as well. I seem to recall once using a utility that grabbed the entire partition to apply elsewhere. I quit using it because it was more trouble than it was worth.

But by far the most secure method is to replace that hard drive and keep the drive that "might" have recoverable data and use it yourself as a spare or external drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/246416-does-system-image-save-deleted-data-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi everyone I have a GB USB flash drive I recently plugged this flash drive into my Ubuntu Linux-based computer while VMware was running because I needed to get a file out of the virtual machine "invalid recover USB -- data table" to drive flash need partition and I thought that would be the easiest way VMware took control of the device and mounted it in the Windows XP environment it was running I copied a file I needed to get out of the virtual machine onto the flash drive then shut down the virtual machine Now I USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data am having a desperate problem -- the flash drive is no longer readable USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data or mountable in any computer Linux tells me that the device has an quot invalid partition table quot Mac OS X tells me that the device is unreadable or not initialized and another Windows XP computer tells me that the disk in the drive is not formatted The Linux error message gives me the most hope -- I have data that I cannot stress how valuable it is to me on that flash drive and I desperately need to be able to recover it Is there any way of bypassing the partition table and getting at the data I hope someone is able to help me Thank you nbsp

A:USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data

You could try PC Inspector, it's made for these kinds of situations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-flash-drive-invalid-partition-table-need-to-recover-data.497261/
Relevancy 84.71%

athlon 2600+, Gigabyte NNXP Mobo, Windows 2000, adding a new 250Gig slave HDD (Seagate ATA).
Plugged it in and booted up, bios sees it, boot windows, starts hdd install, instead of success message, a message comes up that there was an error with the install and data services were locked, click finish.

Once windows had fully finished booting, no second drive visible, did "find new hardware", and selected exclamation marked hdd, and installed drivers from win update. The hard drive still does not appear in the My Computer drive tree.

Please, does anyone know what's happening here? Can this be fixed?

A:Hard drive instal error "data services locked"

Check your Disk Management. You can find this in:

Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Computer management
Disk Management

It should tell you if it is properly formatted, healthy, or degraded. Post results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-instal-error-data-services-locked.80595/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I was recently made time) from a data over hard (to Refreshing prevent on "evaporating" drive it aware that the data on the disc will vanish overtime due to the fact they are stored in a magnetic way if the disc is not used internaly This is the case with my GB Seagate disc that I consider as data storage and which is just laying on the shelf in a closet I wanted to ask what I need to do to prevent Refreshing data on a hard drive (to prevent it from "evaporating" over time) it Do I need only to READ the data off the disc or do I have to RE-WRITE Refreshing data on a hard drive (to prevent it from "evaporating" over time) them to prevent this from happening If I only need to read them is there a command in windows XP terminal that I could use to do this I found a command for MAC to read the whole disc sudo cat dev rdisk gt dev null but I can t find similar for Windows XP The best soslution for me though would be to use the software to scan the disc as I want to do it from time to time to check if everything with the disc is ok So would scanning of the whole disc using some software to find bad secotrs like for example quot Active Hard Disk Monitor quot do the trick If it would coule be great as I would cook dishes on a stove Thanks guys nbsp

A:Refreshing data on a hard drive (to prevent it from "evaporating" over time)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/refreshing-data-on-a-hard-drive-to-prevent-it-from-evaporating-over-time.977710/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello A friend of mine s father hard be Urgent *Help External data "Needs reformatted" drive to passed away suddenly and she gave me an external hard drive to try and retrieve pictures from for his funeral this upcoming Thursday she said it malfunctioned when it was knocked over and fell a few hours ago I *Help Urgent External hard drive data "Needs to be reformatted" tried it with the case still on and Windows wouldn t even recognize it so I took apart the *Help Urgent External hard drive data "Needs to be reformatted" case of the external drive and removed the SATA WD Desktop drive to my Hard Drive reader it shows the Drive under the letter F and says quot The F Drive needs to be reformatted before any access quot Is there anyway I can retrieve the data from this drive with the current tools I have Drive reader along with a potential program perhaps or will they need to escalate this to a data recovery place that takes the platter completely out and retrieves the information that way I am using Windows Bit and this drive reader is pretty good never let me down in the past I m just stuck Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-urgent-external-hard-drive-data-needs-to-be-reformatted.1169679/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey guys I need Getting on data Error" drive "Hard SATA Disk second one of you hardware geeks to help me here I finally bought the Maxtor DiamondMax hard drive Its SATA Gig with a Meg Cache and NCQ I already Getting "Hard Disk Error" on second SATA data drive have a SATA WD Raptor as my main drive and Getting "Hard Disk Error" on second SATA data drive trying to install this one has a data drive I have an Asus PW D Premium Board When I boot up it takes a long time about a minute to do anything than I eventually get a quot Hard disc error quot and I have to hit F to continue The BIOS recognizes the drive but Windows does not I ve swapped out the cable and tried a different controller same result While I have like hard drives laying around they are all PATA--no SATAs to try I think the drive is damaged I downloaded Maxtor s PowerMax but its worthless--goes through some tests and the inital ones pass and later ones fail but its the same thing on the other drive the Raptor and that one works fine Tells me eventually to contact Maxtor Tech Support on both drives Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Ok so first off let me say I regret ever going to the stupid Geek Squad to fix my computer at all I understand it instantly makes me an object of Recover hard "dead" from drive? data ridicule However I am a jerk and usually can t fix my computer myself So A few months ago my computer was acting all sorts of wonky taking forever to boot up refusing to run simple programs taking forever to connect to the internet wouldn t run even a simple YouTube video etc etc As I desperately needed the computer for school I had an online class about to start I caved and took it to Geek Squad They told me the hard drive was dead and needed to be replaced They also told me it would cost about for data recovery I didn t have any Recover data from "dead" hard drive? this was all done under warranty so I told them to just go ahead and fix it Fast forward a week or two I m at Best Buy picking it up Geek Squad Sign here Oh and here s your discs Me Discs What discs Geek Squad The discs you dropped off when you dropped off the computer Me I didn t drop off any discs Geek Squad Well they were with your computer when we got it Come to find out my two darling sons ages two and four shoved a couple discs into the DVD drive at the same time and without my knowledge Hence my computer did NOT need a new hard drive I m assuming because my kids just clogged it up by trying to force two discs to run at the same time Rather than check this before they ran their diagnostic tests Geek Squad simply chose to say quot failed hard drive quot and replace it Now I m stuck without all my old data I insisted they give me the old hard drive back and they did My question to you all is Is it possible for me to pull the data somehow off this quot dead quot hard drive Or is it possible for me to just put it back in the computer but still keep all the data programs etc I ve been doing a little research and it seems easy enough ha but once I get to that whole quot set it to slave or master quot part I get confused I don t want to screw up the hard drive that the Geek Squad put on here when they replaced it but it would be nice to have all the old data also the old hard drive had a recovery drive D drive for such problems as this so I don t know why they felt it necessary to swap out the entire drive I did make a set of system recovery discs for the old hard drive and I still have them but that didn t include any of my data I m running XP on an HP a n desktop apparently with an ATI hard drive newly installed Any takers nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,

Fastest way to upload 1.3 TB of data to NAS, "cloud drive"??

I've uploaded about 400 MB to a 3 TB personal cloud & it took several hours with an ethernet connection thru 100mbs dual band router using W Explorer. There has got to be a faster way.

Does anyone know how to upload MB of files faster, more efficiently?
Please advise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387131-fastest-way-upload-1-3-tb-data-nas-cloud-drive.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I don't know from where but i got some virus in my comp I tried scanning my comp using AVG but it did not find any virus It did find some but they were not removed as AVG was unable to computer How Drive data without i losing format "C" Can in my remove them Now i restarted my comp But my comp won't start After the Windows XP loading bar comes i get a blue screen and it won't go ahead from How Can i format my computer without losing data in "C" Drive there I thought of formatting but realized that i had many important documents on quot C quot Drive I don't want to lose it So i did not format just gave the repair option to repair my Windows OS After repairing it still gets hanged at the windows loading bar So please help me I want the data on quot C quot Drive badly and i can't afford to lose it I have no backup of it whatsoever Please tell me how can i get the data and then i will format it Waiting for some good replies Thanking you

A:How Can i format my computer without losing data in "C" Drive

Pull the hard drive from the computer. Put it on an External USB Enclosure/Adapter. Mount the now external drive to a working computer. Pull the data off that you can't live without. Put old HDD back in computer, boot off of XP CD and Format and install Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-can-i-format-my-computer-without-losing-data-in-c-drive-428349.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hola Every1 ! Got a buggy C drive ! So i`d like to reformat or scrape it ! Have a duplicate 98se on D drive . So transfering all data from D drive after C drive is SCRAPED seems like the ultimate BACKUP don`t it ?! Now both these drives are PHYSICALLY seperate/no partitioning here! Ha ! OK heres my question . Y`all have a description or guide how to accomplish this heroic fete of daring do ?!?! Please any help is greatly noted in my memory?! THank you Dean P.S. 98se/ IE6/ C drive is newer fastr/ D drive older slower/ Via mobo/ AMI bios/ fully Updated

A:New "C" drive reformat+transfer duplicate D data?

Whew! If I understand it you want to transfer "all" data which I assume means the directories and program apps from "D" to "C" after formatting C.

No, that won't work because the registry will be looking for "D" not "C" when launching any program or file shortcuts. Now you can do what's called an image of D to C but again you're going to have to do a lot of cleaning up. Did I understand what you wanted to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-c-drive-reformat-transfer-duplicate-d-data.339845/
Relevancy 84.28%

Is it possible to permanently move my Application Data into my DATA folder which is located on my second (internal) hard drive? This would make backing up my programs so much easier.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Michael

(Windows XP Pro)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-move-application-data-to-a-second-internal-drive-504685.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi, I just reformated and installed SP2. I've tried two different thumb drives in two different USB ports, and it always tries to install the driver, and then says installation failed, and "Data Invalid". They are two different brands of USB drives too, different sizes, the only thing they have in common is that they are both thumb drives.

I tried putting the Windows CD in and telling to to reinstall and update driver from removable media, and it still doesn't work Still has "Invalid Data". Any ideas?

A:USB Thumb Drive Driver..."Data Invalid"

What brand of thumb drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-thumb-drive-driver-data-invalid.329545/
Relevancy 84.28%

While running chkdsk on my back-up GB HD Seagate ST AS Seagate Barracuda - Hard drive - GB the computer was inadvertantly powered down On startup post info said SATA backup drive quot not found quot Drive C and operating system worked fine after losing Drive D I am running XP with the primary C drive being two seagate GB drives in stripe array and the backup drive above as D The drive spins up at power on The checkdisk with repair was based on several earlier errors related to D MFT which I was hoping to solve with checkdisk I m thinking the interuption resulted from Data Found" Failure "Drive Recover Not in the loss of the ability of the bios to see the drive I have about GB of backup data on the drive My critical data is backed up in a third location but there is much data on the drive that would be quot Very nice quot to get back As such I am not prepared to pay much for recovery I would like some hints as to how I might recover at least part of data For example can I somehow reformat or partial reformat and then use free file recovery software to salvage whatever i did not overwrite with the format Is it possible to rebuild the MFT if that is the cause of my problem If so how do I get my system to recognize or quot find quot the drive in question and what software would i use Any suggested path forward including software would be appreceiated Paul-D nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a system with 3 drives disk0, disk1, and disk2.
What I'd ultimately like to do is install Windows 7 on disk0 and install Linux on disk1.
Then I want to have disk2 split into 2 partitions(part0, part1) for programs and other misc install files.
However I don't want disk1 and disk2part1 to be visible while using disk0 and disk2part0 and vice versa.
Is there any way to make this possible?
Sorry if it sounds confusing this was the best way I could think of explaining what I'm trying to do.

A:Dual Boot with shared Data "D" drive

Use This just download the Home Edition

Install this on both OS's to hide partitions (but be careful what you are doing)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267930-dual-boot-shared-data-d-drive.html
Relevancy 84.28%

A friend of mine gave me his external hard drive with the hopes that I might be able to fix it.

It's a new external Western Digital that is 2TB in size and he purchased it within the last 2 or 3 months. I don't know what he did, but it wouldn't surprise me if he pulled the USB cord without properly unmounting the drive and something with his filesystem became corrupted. I don't know how to repair this.

The drive will show you a drive letter when you attach it to Windows, and using a partition manager (in Linux) shows the drive to contain an "unknown" partition type. In Windows, running "chkdsk e: /x /r" returns an error that says "chkdsk is not available for RAW drives".

Anyone know of a reliable (and preferably free) utility that might be able to repair this kind of problem quickly?

A:External hard drive NTFS partition missing; chkdsk says it's a "RAW" partition now

Is this a data recovery operation? Should be able to just format again if not.

Otherwise testdisk (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk) might be useful to recover the partition info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-ntfs-partition-missing-chkdsk-says-its-a-raw-partition-now.868198/
Relevancy 83.85%

Here s a strange one All of my DVD-RW drives are appearing as Local Disks when I view them in quot My Computer quot Moist of the drives in question are external firewire and DVD-RW As Drives In Disks" Listed "My "Local Computer" USB however my integrated DRD-RW is also effected Oddly all of the drives are fully functional when used for burning playing media and they all appear properly in the Windows Disk Management console and applications that would require optical media burning software and the like That being the case I guess this is more in the quot annoyance quot category as functionality is not the DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" problem In any case I have tried all the quick fixes I can think of i e change drive letters and reboot uninstall DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" and search for new hardware disable enable In all of the above operations the drives briefly re-appear in quot My Computer quot all listed simply as quot CD Drive quot However once I ve accessed any DVD-RW Drives Listed As "Local Disks" In "My Computer" of the drives they revert to quot Local Disk quot This is a rather new W x PC Didn t notice anything strange with the drives initially The problem just sort of appeared after a reboot Any explanations suggestions appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

New to the "Windows drives Cannot my Access" WD "My Book NAS Live" forum hoping to find answers or new ideas to try My Win OS computer has problems seeing my WD network drives most of the time I'll "Windows Cannot Access" my WD "My Book Live" NAS drives say up front that my Macbook my Windows XP laptops all other computers of "Windows Cannot Access" my WD "My Book Live" NAS drives various types in my house see and access these drives just fine but the one with Windows Pro will not It occasionally will see and access them for short periods of random time though which really has me baffled These drives are right on the same network switch as the Win computer The scenario goes like this click on the drive name to view contents or so seconds pass popup says quot Windows cannot access drive-name quot I try the second NAS drive same thing I try the quot diagnose quot feature to no avail I've even explored some of the quot explore additional options quot suggestions to no avail I can ping the IP addresses of both these drives all day long and they respond without fail Weird thing is that very occasionally I will click the drive and the file folders show up and I can transfer files or whatever I want for a short random period of time I swear this problem is driving me crazy I've been resorting to using a flash drive to transfer files on this computer's HD to the WD network drives via an XP OS computer or via the Macbook I like Windows other than this very frustrating problem Soooo any ideas or suggestions Anyone else have this issue and figured it out TIA for any and all comments and help

A:"Windows Cannot Access" my WD "My Book Live" NAS drives

have you tried to access it via the IP address rather than hostname? It may be DNS causing an issue

For example in the Windows Explorer navigation bar type the following

\\{IP address}\share

Have you tried to map the drive at all?

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303101-windows-cannot-access-my-wd-my-book-live-nas-drives.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a WD External SATA 1TB Hard Drive that has ~700 GB of family memories/movies/documents/etc and it is now connected to Windows 8.

The original housing it came in was unsurprisingly cheap and the connection piece broke. I re soldered it on and the connection was made but the drive threw nothing but errors. I figured I messed it up so bought an external case and assembled it. Now however, the drive does not show up under my computer but does in Disk Management.

Disk Management claims that the HD has the full TB unallocated and not initialized. I don't want to initialize it because I don't want to lose the information I have on it. Any idea on how to get this working?

I have downloaded and used the Data Lifeguard available at WD and the External has passed the Quick Test so drivers are all there and working.

Thanks

A:WD External Drive "not initialized" but has data on it?

Umm, I would try first connecting it back to whatever PC version you were using before (Assuming Windows 7) and seeing whats up.

If that does not work, try messing with the connection that you re-soldered and making sure its all done fully correctly, something may have gotten crossed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-not-initialized-but-has-data-on-it.193090/
Relevancy 83.42%

I've just updated by Dell T Precision to Win Pro and I'm getting "Not Responding" C: drive data is when One-minute not on a very annoying timeout One-minute "Not Responding" when data is not on C: drive problem I keep all my data files on a separate hard disk D so that it's easier to back them up But Win doesn't seem to like this Many programs go into quot not responding quot mode for about one minute I've timed it when I take almost any action click on a button whatever For instance in Firefox when the download location is set to a folder on the D drive and I try to start downloading a file I get the rotating blue timer icon for one minute then the download starts If I change the download folder to the C drive it works normally This happens on several programs including MS Outlook The whole computer doesn't lock up just that app I can still do things with One-minute "Not Responding" when data is not on C: drive the system and other open programs The good news is that the relatively simple workaround is to move the files to C but the bad news is that I really would like to keep them all on D What I've already tried Clean install I first noticed the problem with the first Win install on this machine after I started up Outlook I eventually found that it worked fine if Outlook pst was on the C drive I did a clean reinstall of Win and loaded Office first and tried Outlook again Same result I later noticed that other Office programs exhibited the same behavior Power Settings I found some people online complaining of a similar problem on their laptops if the power settings were set to anything other than High Performance I've set it there Not change Hard disks I read some people suggesting that problems like this could be a sign of a hard disk failing or bad HD connections It's not the first because it happens on both of my two internal data drives and not the second I opened the box and reset all HD connectors Also this wouldn't explain why the timeout is almost always exactly one minute Multiple active partitions It turns out I had accidentally set one of the data drives and my external HD as active partitions in addition to C which has the OS I made them inactive No change Does anyone have any ideas about what's happening here and how I can fix it Thanks

A:One-minute "Not Responding" when data is not on C: drive

Is D: indexed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111737-one-minute-not-responding-when-data-not-c-drive.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey all,

My OS hard drive (C: ) just died so I bought a new one and reinstalled Vista Ultimate x64. It was mostly up and running (not all updates downloaded yet) so I reconnected my data drive (B: ) and moved all of my user folders (My Documents, My desktop, etc.) over to that drive by going through FOLDER/PROPERTIES/MOVE. Soon, I had them all reassigned and working.

Then my B: drive fried and died. Not a very good week for me. Anyway, now all of those folders are pointing to a location that no longer exists. I get the error "B:/xxx/My Documents points to a location that is unavailable..."

Now when I go into my user folder, there are no folders. I cannot reassign the drives because they are not there. Can anyone help me recreate these user folders?

Thanks in advance.

KT

A:Lost Data Drive - and all of "My" folders

Follow this tutorial Personal User Folder - Restore Missing Folder

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246660-lost-data-drive-all-my-folders.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi - I've had a total computer meltdown. The repair shop has said that my hard drive is "bad" (whatever that means), that I need a new lcd screen, among other things. I don't want to spend the money to replace all of that (it's a 4 year old Toshiba Satellite 3000 series), but I need to get the data off of it! They said they tried getting it off, but the hard drive was "too damaged". So am I screwed? There is a lot of important info on that computer!

What are my options here?

Relevancy 83.42%

I have 2 drives with the same error message, both have data on them that I must try to recover ASAP. I will post 2 separate threads so as to not confuse the issues even more... This is problem drive #1

FYI:I recently purchased this item to get data from my husbands laptop:
"Rosewill SATA or IDE 3-in-1 to USB2.0 Cable Converter Adapter."

My drive must have failed, as the error message states:
"This disk in drive D is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

Is there good free software to help me recover the data or should I purchase something?

A:[SOLVED] Need help with Data Recovery (Drive "D") #1

Is the drive properly detected in Device Manager? Also go to disk management and see what it says (click start, run, then type diskmgmt.msc). Don't format or partition, just read what it says.
There's also the possibility of a corrupt partition table or something like that. Try testdisk. There's a thread on using it here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f16/...er-194492.html
You want to use it to check if everything is all right. Don't make any changes if what it reports seems inconsistent with what you know about the drive (For example if you know it's a 500GB drive and it reports 200, do you want to apply changes? say no). Also browse around to see if your files are still there and intact.

One last thought I was wondering was - what service pack do you have on your current XP? XP with no service pack will not recognize drives over 128GB (possibly what the drive in the enclosed USB case is). Very unlikely scenario that you have XP without any service pack, but just checking anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-need-help-with-data-recovery-drive-and-quot-d-and-quot-1-a-318248.html
Relevancy 83.42%

This could sound confusing but please bare with me So I had a TB HD Sata with win I took it out and used a new SSD which I put Win on Then I hooked up a TB HD Sata as Storage Simple so far right Well now I want to get my documents Bookmarks etc off the quot OLD quot drive I figured simple like with IDE HD s but no When I hook it up as the only drive I get this message EFI Shell Version Current get do How main off Hard Data My Drive? I "former" running mode Map Cannot find required map name Press Esc in seconds to skip startup nsh any other key to continue shell id gt When I hook it up as the second How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive? drive After the SSD the drive doesn t show up I tried to put it in another PC by itself but it said something like it wasn t the disk for that PC Someone please tell me there is an easy way around this I googled a bunch of stuff and tried a few things with no luck I m hoping I m just frustrated and missing the obvious Thanks for any help nbsp

A:How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive?

How about unplugging ssd plug old drive back in then transfer stuff to ur 2tb once done unplug old and replug ssd ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-data-off-my-former-main-hard-drive.194502/
Relevancy 82.99%

On one system I am getting this error message once every day or two. The hard drive has over 300GB available. The verbatim error message shows nothing in Google.

It reads:
"The space on the hard drive is running low. Currently only xMB is free. Please free space by deleting unused files."

Now it shows 71MB free. Any thoughts?

A:Error Message "The space on the hard drive is running low" isn't true

so do you have 300 gb? or only 71 mb? because if its 71 mb, u have got some major cleaning to do. I doubt that though, some viruses clutter the hard drive. If you have plenty of room, and your still getting the message then you can follow these instructions to remove the annoying message.

Low Disk Space Warning in Vista - Vista Forums

1. open regedit
2. go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
3. Right click explorer and then select new then DWORD (32 bit value)
4. name it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
5. right click it and press modify
6. change its value to 1 in hexadecimal form then press ok
7. log out and back in and message should be gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/248067-error-message-space-hard-drive-running-low-isnt-true.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I just put together a brand new haswell missing" drive is into directly when Error message booting "BOOTMGR gaming rig and installed windows Long story short I copied the contents of my windows installation disc into an internal SATA drive BEVT- ZCT and installed windows onto another internal SATA drive ST AS My problem is that in order to access the windows installation in ST AS I have to boot into BEVT- ZCT and then select Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" when booting directly into drive Windows If I boot directly into ST AS then I get the error message quot BOOTMGR is missing quot How can I fix this and boot directly into the drive windows is installed in ST AS I've tried the commands bootrec rebuildbcd bootrec fixmbr and bootrec fixboot but they keep using the MBR stored in BEVT- ZCT without ever creating an MBR on the ST AS drive I don't have an optical drive on the rig and the only way I can transfer information to and Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" when booting directly into drive from the rig is by removing the BEVT- ZCT internal drive and connecting it to my laptop Sorry for the long post Thanks in advance Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" when booting directly into drive for helping

A:Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" when booting directly into drive

As the new MOBO's now have a uEFI/BIOS firmware.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI/BIOS firmware:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

For UEFI USB Pen Drive.
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/296999-error-message-bootmgr-missing-when-booting-directly-into-drive.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I've been transferring picture files over to my flash drive, and about a minute or so into every transfer I make, I randomly come across this message in the middle of the transfer:

(example image not mine--pretend this is an image file, not an email)

Not all images contain Properties data, so I am assuming this is why I hit the above message halfway into the transfer.

Does hitting 'Yes' actually cause images to degrade during the transfer, or is the transfer only stripping away the Properties/EXIF data contained inside the image? I am hoping to retain full image quality and dimensions while moving these files to and fro, but I need reassurance.

A:"Property Loss" message when transferring images to flash drive?

If I Recall Correctly, that happens because you are copying files from a NTFS file system to a FAT32 file system. The files are losing their NTFS properties.

For you this does not matter. The files are fine, the data intact. The only time you would run into a problem is if the file name or path was too long and even then it would just be truncated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318350-property-loss-message-when-transferring-images-flash-drive.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I am trying to map network drive using invalid drive trying to access message network map "Attempt Get address." to Windows -bit nbsp The drive is a USB disk plugged right into my router nbsp Get message "Attempt to access invalid address." trying to map network drive The drive location is nbsp If I do the following at a command prompt it is successful and I can read write to Get message "Attempt to access invalid address." trying to map network drive the USB drive using file explorer at net use Get message "Attempt to access invalid address." trying to map network drive USER admin and typing in the password when prompted However if I try to use the Map Network Drive tool while selecting the quot different credentials quot option something weird happens nbsp The Windows Security box pops up to enter my credentials but then immediately a second box opens up titled just quot Windows quot nbsp The box says The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred Attempt to access invalid address Also if I use Remote Desktop Connection to try and connect with my computer at work I get a very similar situation nbsp A Windows Security box pops up to enter my credentials followed immediately with a box with the message quot Remote Desktop Connection has stopped working quot nbsp I know it should work because I created a rdp text file with my username and encrypted password in it and then I can connect I'm thinking something must be corrupt in my registry nbsp The only security software I run is the stuff that comes with Windows pretty basic machine setup quite frankly nbsp A system restore is my very last option because I don't know when the problem started so it would effectively mean re-installing the OS from scratch

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/da44d1dc-c9cd-4561-917c-0daa30c28803/get-message-quotattempt-to-access-invalid-addressquot-trying-to-map-network-drive?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 82.99%

If your machine won't read CDs (but can eg, play DVDs) and gives a "prepare this blank disc" error message, there is probably a driver conflict. After several warranty calls to Dell, much good advice, updating drivers and firmware,and installing a new CD Drive (Optiarc) it would work for a bit then crash again.

After a bit more research - see the closed thread at 'Prepare This Blank Disc' Problem, which is useful but failed, I decided to uninstall Roxio 9, which unfortunately came preinstalled.

Make sure every reference to Roxio is deleted. Search the computer and registry. Maybe uninstall the CD drive and reinstall, reboot, then it may work. Mine did! I then installed ImgBurn which does a fine job of copying CDs.

All other options (eg, relating to upper and lower filters) failed in my case. I think the problem started with Vista Business SP1 install. Good luck.

A:"Prepare this blank disc" DVD drive error message

thanks dude...i tired all options except this gad not worked...this did...:P

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/213580-prepare-blank-disc-dvd-drive-error-message.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I am having this really strange error with one of my computers.

My computer (running Windows XP Home) boots normally and I can use it just fine. When I leave it alone for a while though, I come back to a screen with the message "Hard Drive not found." If I reboot the computer it loads normally and I can use the computer like nothing ever happened. It has done this twice now. It doesn't happen while I am using the computer but if it sits for a while this will happen.

Any suggestions as to what this is?

Thanks.

A:"No Hard drive found" message after successful boot.

Just an idea: try going to the Power Option?s in Control Panel and turn off the hard disk Sleep ? Turn Off Hard Disk? ?after xx mins? change to Never. Then give it a try, let me know if it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-hard-drive-found-message-after-successful-boot-8987.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi all,

BSOD once tonight. It happened one other time last week but everything on Windows still functioned normally after I restarted. Then it happened again tonight. I restarted and when the start-up 'dos' -like screen comes up, I also had a glimpse of a message in red type that mentioned something about a 'degraded drive' and something about 'completeness...'. Then the screen flipped and asked me to go in safe mode etc. But I chose to start normally and Windows started fine.

Hope someone can help me out. I'm not that fluent in computer technology/software these days. Thanks for this forum!

Info:
- 64 bit
- Windows Home Premium, full retail
- age of system is approximately 6 months
- haven't formatted system since new install
- RAID 1 system setup

A:BSOD, load-up message read "Degraded drive..."

Please remove this driver/app. It is dtsoftbus01.sys Virtual Bus Driver from DT Soft Ltd

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219610-bsod-load-up-message-read-degraded-drive.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I know this question has been asked before as I've read about it all over the Internet. In order to get rid of the 'Low Disk Space' message it says to go to the registry and locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer, type a new value, etc. The only problem is I don't have an Explorer key. It ends at Policies.

I've tried everything. I've tried creating the key myself, and I've tried inserting the value into the policies folder. Nothing has worked. Can anyone help?
Thank you
Brad

A:Solved: Can't get rid of "Low Disk Space" message on my recovery drive

I guess no one else is having this problem. Do you think this is a problem with HP?
Brad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-get-rid-of-low-disk-space-message-on-my-recovery-drive.636290/
Relevancy 82.99%

When I insert a USB flash drive (or any USB disk drive)  in a Win 7 32bit Home Premium system, I get the insert sound and icon showing the device inserted. When I click on the icon, it shows the device and allows for the eject function. After I eject it, I do not get the "Safe to Remove Hardware" message. The icon disappears however when I pull out the drive and it indicates the removal sound. Any ideas why I am not getting the message but everything else related to insert/eject of a USB drive?I ran all the malware and antivirus scans.

A:"Safe to Remove Hardware" message not Received in Win 7 for USB Drive

Hello,Have you tried to reinstall windows 7? Does another you were referring also have 64bit version of windows 7 installed? You can first run system file checker to see if the system has any corrupted files.1.  Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. 
2.  Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
sfc  /scannow
The sfc  /scannow command scans all system files and will recover the corrupted ones. 
3. Please restart the computer and recheck the original issue.Thomas77

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/70453ef6-ef2a-4191-a71d-77388687179a/quotsafe-to-remove-hardwarequot-message-not-received-in-win-7-for-usb-drive?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 82.99%

When I go to the Winows XP Media Center I get the error message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR3.".

When I first set up Media Player about 8 months ago I got this error message and doing a search I was able to find a fix. Then I had a problem about a month ago and reformatted my hard drive and did the same thing and found a fix.

Well, just had to reformat again and now I can't remember where I found the fix. Can someone help me?

Thanks! Oh - and BTW can someone tell me how I can find where the programs that I recored are stored.

GarysMom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-disk-in-drive-error-message-in-media-center.490654/
Relevancy 82.99%

I am having this really strange error with one of my computers.

My computer (running Windows XP Home) boots normally and I can use it just fine. When I leave it alone for a while though, I come back to a screen with the message "Hard Drive not found." If I reboot the computer it loads normally and I can use the computer like nothing ever happened. It has done this twice now. It doesn't happen while I am using the computer but if it sits for a while this will happen.

Any suggestions as to what this is?

Thanks.

A:"No Hard drive found" message after successful boot.

Could be an issue with it going into standby mode or the power saving feature where you can cut the power to the HD after a certain amount of time.

Try right click desktop -> properties -> screen saver -> power, and make sure turn off hard disks is set to never (these steps are for win 2000, but I think it works for XP too). You could also turn off standby mode and see if you get the same problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-hard-drive-found-message-after-successful-boot.177204/
Relevancy 82.99%

I recently had a new computer built for me. When I tried to load a new game "F.E.A.R." using the DVD, I received the error message D:\not a valid Win32 application. When I replaced the game with the CD-ROM version I was able to load the game no problem. I can use the drive to burn CDs, DVDs, watch movies, etc. Last night I loaded a game disk on my virtual E: drive using Daemon Tools. When I tried to load the game onto my computer I received the same error message E:\not a valid Win32 application. I have no clue as to what is going on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I just put together a brand new haswell gaming drive when Error "BOOTMGR directly message is [SOLVED] ONLY into missing" booting rig and installed windows Long story short I copied the contents of my windows installation disc into an internal SATA drive BEVT- ZCT and installed windows onto another internal SATA drive ST AS My [SOLVED] Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" ONLY when booting directly into drive problem is that in order to access the windows installation in ST AS I have to boot into BEVT- [SOLVED] Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" ONLY when booting directly into drive ZCT and then select Windows If I boot directly into ST AS then I get the error message quot BOOTMGR is missing quot How can I fix this and boot directly into the drive windows is installed in ST AS I've tried the commands bootrec rebuildbcd bootrec fixmbr and bootrec fixboot but they keep using the MBR stored in BEVT- ZCT without ever creating an MBR on the ST AS drive I don't have an optical drive on the rig and the only way I can transfer information to and from the rig is by removing the BEVT- ZCT internal drive and connecting it to my laptop Sorry for the long post Thanks in advance for helping

A:[SOLVED] Error message "BOOTMGR is missing" ONLY when booting directly into drive

Hi do you have a usb drive then you could try this 4 Ways to Create a Bootable Windows 7 or Vista USB Drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-error-message-and-quot-bootmgr-is-missing-and-quot-only-when-booting-directly-into-drive-702071.html
Relevancy 82.56%

third attempt to post I recently bought a brand new Hewlett Packard computer It prompts you Hewlett Hp full." error Packard "recovery Pavillion drive message dv2500 to back up your files and gives you the option of selecting the backup drive d or writing to dvd I selected writing to the backup "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 drive The system "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 tried to backup my files but sent an error message recovery drive full It continues to prompt me to backup my files I solved this problem by going to the HP website clicking on troubleshooting and entering the details of my computer I then found an FAQ somehow The page explained that I had been wrong to select the d drive to back up my files how foolish of me to choose one of two options "recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500 offered It said that the D drive was only small I must delete the file already created there and then change the settings to create a backup onto a dvd drive instead You delete the backed up copy of the file by going to start computer HP recovery d where the first folder you will find will be one with the name of your computer eg in my case Anna-PC You then delete this file You then go to start and type backup in the search box Select backup and restore center then change settings then change backup settings then give your permission to continue then select DVD rw drive e which describes itself as on a hard disc cd or dvd I wondered if there had been some sort of design error Why did they give me that option if it was not a good place to save a backup I would have thought there was little point of making a backup on the same pc you are backing up anyway Had they intended people to back things up there but not allowed enough space gb is quite a lot of space after all Many people must have stored less than gb there in blissfull ignorance that it is the wrong place I am rather mystified nbsp

A:"recovery drive full." error message Hewlett Packard Pavillion Hp dv2500

Actually what concerns me more is, I wonder if you have deleted files in your recovery partition.
It's usually hidden from inside Windows, so I expect no. But by chance did you receive a Windows CD or just a recovery partition (because the recovery files may now be gone)

As for the location, think of it this way, it will show all areas that you can backup to. I think even the floppy drive (if you have one) this is to give you the full choice, instead of putting restrictions on your own computer (which most don't like)

That's why.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovery-drive-full-error-message-hewlett-packard-pavillion-hp-dv2500.99700/