Windows Support Forum

Do Sound Cards Effect The Output of Sound To External Speakers?

Q: Do Sound Cards Effect The Output of Sound To External Speakers?

I am getting a laptop. Right now I am deciding between regular "High Definition Audio 2.0" and a "ExpressCard Sound Blaster X-Fi Laptop Sound Card with Wireless Receiver Bundle". The latter is 134 dollars more. Would the latter make the output of sound better on external speakers. Say if you're a DJ, and you use the laptop, would the sound coming out of the speakers at those high volumes be much better if you have the better soundcard? Or does it not have any effect on the output sounds? Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Do Sound Cards Effect The Output of Sound To External Speakers?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Do Sound Cards Effect The Output of Sound To External Speakers?

It affects the external output even more than the one from the integrated speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-sound-cards-effect-the-output-of-sound-to-external-speakers.840289/
Relevancy 98.9%

I have a new x-fi titanium. I'm using the optical out to my amp for stereo sound mix. None of the x-fi effects do anything to alter the sound in anyway? At 1st no sound except windows test sounds would even output through the optical out, then all of a sudden it worked for some reason? but none of the bass boost settings are having any effect and the output is low? Anybody have any experience with these sound cards? It's OEM and the instructions on the disc have broken links to retrieve the data online?

A:my x-fi graphic equalizer settings have no effect on the sound output?

Originally Posted by greeneggsandham

I have a new x-fi titanium. I'm using the optical out to my amp for stereo sound mix. None of the x-fi effects do anything to alter the sound in anyway? At 1st no sound except windows test sounds would even output through the optical out, then all of a sudden it worked for some reason? but none of the bass boost settings are having any effect and the output is low? Anybody have any experience with these sound cards? It's OEM and the instructions on the disc have broken links to retrieve the data online?

Hi

Have you selected SPDIF when using your optical out? If so, then all the x-fi features are turned off.

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/216738-my-x-fi-graphic-equalizer-settings-have-no-effect-sound-output.html
Relevancy 97.18%

i  have no sound at allll coming from computer i have no external speakers but i still had some sound coming from the speaker on the compter the speaker icon has a red x in front of it,  i work on a desktop windows 7 professial system thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/acab97ca-ec7b-4662-91e9-f05ab64f0a81/no-sound-from-computer-even-when-i-didnt-have-external-sperkers-i-still-had-sound-now-none-with-no?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 96.32%

I have a HP Pavilion model number p - pc I have tried almost everything to get it to work System restore re-installing clean install and everything else of drivers and codecs Nothing works No virus did this Everything is brand new on the PC Was working fine for over a week I had Kaspersky anti-virus Then suddenly it said the license for it was missing when it went to update I tried re-install of it but it would not let me Tried uninstalling and kept getting errors So I used a tool from the System resore HP effect. No on no sound Pavilion. a for speakers had Kaspersky site to remove it Then installed AVG Since then no sound Please someone help me with this issue I do not know why this happened The computer is literally brand new In the playback devices It says I am getting sound but no sound is going in the speakers In the quot playback quot for sound settings it shows in the little bar that sound is being played but I get no sound Please help me

A:No sound for speakers on a HP Pavilion. System resore had no effect.

Maybe a dumb question, but are you sure you don't have the sound muted?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/219280-no-sound-speakers-hp-pavilion-system-resore-had-no-effect.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi,I was wondering if lousy sound cards could lead to speakers emmitng cracking noises even at a low volume ? I have a pair of Altecs so im sure it isnt my speakers that cause the cracking.

A:Speakers And Sound Cards

could be speakers as a damaged speaker will do that.

try making sure all the speaker wires external and internal are routed away as much as possible from other devices.

Sometimes overdriving the windows volume control will cause this.
Turn the windows master volume down and the speaker volume up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-and-sound-cards.63207/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi Okay this problem is driving me slightly insane I actually called in a dell engineer to help fix it but he completely failed as expected Okay so the problem is My speakers are absolutely fully functioning they work perfectly when Sound Speakers any Internal Don't Output a test is run on start up I E they output beeping sounds However when Internal Speakers Don't Output any Sound the operating system loads up there is no sound If I use headphones it works fine but the speakers don t output any sound on their own So the tech guy changed the internal speakers- still the same problem-and then checked out updated the drivers which left us with STILL the same problem tried it in safe mode-still the same problem Is there any kind of easy solution to this that we re missing I m still waiting for a response from Dell but don t expect anything really Any help would be appreciated Audio Sigmatel Audio Dell Precision M Intel Core Duo GHz MHz GB RAM Microsoft XP SP nbsp

Relevancy 91.59%

Problem AMD HDMI output would not play sound via HDMI cable to monitor speakers Testing the AMD HDMI sound output gave the following error message Device in use by another application This FIX worked for this hardware configuration MSI motherboard Realtek Audio onboard built into motherboard AMD Video board installed withHDMI cable to monitor See how the Device Manager sound devices should look when correctly configured below Issue FIX HDMI speakers output AMD - sound monitor no to s The Realtek HDMI Drivers had been assigned to the AMD FIX - AMD HDMI no sound output to monitor speakers HDMI card under Device Manager Sound Video and Game Controllers There are multiple hardware devices drivers that are conflicting Actions Required There are FIX - AMD HDMI no sound output to monitor speakers instances of the AMD HDMI card that should be shown under Device Manager You must uninstall the Realtek hardware and drivers so that only the AMD HDMI device is showing The AMD HDMI and Microsoft device drivers must be assigned to the AMD hardware How to fix Under the Device Manager sub-heading Audio inputs and outputs AMD HDMI Output High definition Audio device Right click and select Properties Driver should show driver provided by Microsoft Under the heading Sound Video and Game Controllers AMD High definition audio device Right click on the device to display the menu window Select Properties Driver tab Driver Provider should say Advanced Micro Devices If the driver provider is wrong you will need to uninstall the Device and the Driver Right Click on AMD High definition Audio device Select Uninstall You must also check the box to removethe drivers for the hardware After the AMD High Definition Audiodevice is uninstalled At the topof the Device Manager screen select Scan for Hardware Changes The system will detect the AMD HDMI Sound Card and install the correct AMD sound drivers Verify that the HDMI hardware has been detected and the correct driver has been assigned to it Your Device Manager should look like something like this when you have the AMD HDMI sound working Make sure that all other conflicting sound devices are disabled under Device Manager Sound as shown below Additional information If you have downloaded and installed updated Realtek sound drivers they will overwrite your working AMD HDMI drivers and the same problem will occur where the AMD HDMI won t output sound to your monitor Uninstall the Realtek hardware anddrivers Then under Device Driver you will need to select Action then select Scan for Hardware Changes Verify that the configuration is correct as shown above

A:FIX - AMD HDMI no sound output to monitor speakers

Originally Posted by laserlight

Problem: AMD HDMI output would not play sound via HDMI cable to monitor speakers.

Testing the AMD HDMI sound output gave the following error message:

Device in use by another application?

This FIX worked for this hardware configuration.

? MSI motherboard
? Realtek Audio onboard (built into motherboard)
? AMD Video board installed withHDMI cable to monitor
? See how the Device Manager sound devices should look when correctly configured below.

Issue(s):

1. The Realtek HDMI Drivers had been assigned to the AMD HDMI card under Device Manager, Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

2. There are multiple hardware devices/drivers that are conflicting.

Actions Required:

1. There are 2 instances of the AMD HDMI card that should be shown under Device Manager.

2. You must uninstall the Realtek hardware and drivers so that only the AMD HDMI device is showing.

3. The AMD HDMI and Microsoft device drivers must be assigned to the AMD hardware.

How to fix:
1. Under the Device Manager sub-heading ?Audio inputs and outputs?
? AMD HDMI Output (High definition Audio device)
? Right click and select Properties, Driver, should show driver provided by: Microsoft

2. Under the heading ?Sound, Video and Game Controllers?
? AMD High definition audio device
? Right click on the device to display the menu window
? Select Properties, Driver tab
? Driver Provider should say: Advanced Micro Devices
If the driver provider is wrong you will need to uninstall the Device and the Driver.
3. Right Click on:
? AMD High definition Audio device.
? Select: Uninstall
? You must also check the box to removethe drivers for the hardware.
After the AMD High Definition Audiodevice is uninstalled.

At the topof the Device Manager screen select ?Scan for Hardware Changes?
The system will detect the AMD HDMI Sound Card and install the correct AMD sound drivers.
Verify that the HDMI hardware has been detected and the correct driver has been assigned to it.
Your Device Manager should look like something like this when you have the AMD HDMI sound working :

Make sure that all other conflicting sound devices are disabled under Device Manager ? Sound, as shown below:

Additional information:
If you have downloaded and installed updated Realtek sound drivers they will overwrite your working AMD HDMI drivers and the same problem will occur where the AMD HDMI won?t output sound to your monitor.
Uninstall the Realtek hardware anddrivers.Then under Device Driver you will need to select Action, then select Scan for Hardware Changes. Verify that the configuration is correct as shown above.

I have now worked out it's def a driver conflict between what appears to be Microsoft's standard driver for audio (that comes with Windows 8 via online driver collection) and realtek or amd drivers (when you try to install either of them).

I had noticed no matter which driver I installed it would always show "High Definition Audio Bus" with an exclamtion mark and it was driving me crazy as couldn't get HDMI to be recognised for audio - only video (ie extend or mirror displays worked fine).

I finally had a eureka moment this weekend and started a new install of Windows 8.1 BUT this is what I did:
1. I disabled the onboard sound via the BIOS
2. I went through the windows setup but on setup I chose customize settings rather than express settings - in here you need to ensure (for now) that it won't try and find/download and install drivers via windows update so turn this off for now
3. Now when I finished the rest of the setup and got into Windows I simply downloaded the realtek AMD driver from: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/down...Down=false
Select "ATI HDMI Audio Device" (2.70) and run and install this.
4. Restart your PC and you will have the HDMI audio working now. I tested this with the AMD Catalyst Drivers too and it did work ok too but I'd read in a few places it was better to use the R... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/21357-fix-amd-hdmi-no-sound-output-monitor-speakers.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a rather cheap and poor quality Trust surround system and a rather awesome View Quest SonicDock While my current best computer was away being repaired I wired up all the speakers in a rather complicated manner which enabled sets have of I'd through at 2 same sound time like to speakers output me to have c sub the two front side speakers and the SonicDock output simultaneously at maximum volume However the read side speakers never worked with that cabling and I thought they had both died until I got this computer back and connected the surround properly Why do I want the audio to output through two sets of speakers at the same time The subwoofer from the surround set is awful The SonicDock produces some literally desk-shaking bass So the computer has the following audio ports rear in blue out green mic pink c sub orange rear black side grey front panel mic pink headphones green Basically I don't WANT surround My room isn't big enough and the speakers can't I'd like to have sound output through 2 sets of speakers at same time be strategically positioned I just want the maximum sound output I e I don't want WMP to just be sending audio to the front speakers I want sound to come out of all the speakers I'd like to have sound output through 2 sets of speakers at same time even if it's just stereo sound but through all speakers I've fiddled with all the Realtek HD Audio manager settings and can't get it to work how I want it to When I tried stacking earphone splitters and connecting the four speaker cables into that stack and plugged into the rear green out port it didn't work as intended I think what I'd like to do is to get the system to send louder output to the SonicDock as I can hear it if the system is on the highest volume but then the surround is too loud as I have the surround volume on highest so I can just use the media center remote for volume

A:I'd like to have sound output through 2 sets of speakers at same time

First off, I use a Trust 5.1 surround system and I bought it knowing that I was getting what I paid for :I

But on to your problem, with Realtek it is easily possible to output to two sets of speakers at once (as long as your dock has a single 3.5mm for input).
Unfortunately I don't have Realtek anymore since I bought my X-Fi so I'm going purely from memory here. In the Realtek control panel (accessible through Windows control panel), there is the ability to toggle front panel audio concurrently with your normal, rear port audio. Luckily Google has a far better memory than I.

Quote:
by clicking "Device advanced settings" in the Realtek HD Audio Manager and then clicking "Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously"

How to get headphones and speakers working at the same time? - Super User

You may or may not have to reassign some of the speaker functions through the port connections in Realtek, but I never had to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/252984-id-like-have-sound-output-through-2-sets-speakers-same-time.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have been reading the reviews of several sound cards. I have not been able to find out if the sound cards have enough output to drive speakers or, as I suspect, you need a separate amplifer/receiver to drive the speakers.
If that is the case then it would seen the amp would have as much impact on the quality of the sound as the sound card. Also some amps may would better with some cards than others?
So, do I need a sound card and an amp/receiver?

Rednite

A:Do sound cards drive speakers?

Most soundcards can drive a tiny pair of speakers or headphones. Most PC speaker sets are self powered. If you're like me, you'll step up to the pump and get a good DAC, power amp, and speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-sound-cards-drive-speakers.18396/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi all

I want to get a new sound card (prob. an Asus) but all of the ones that I want are 7.1.

I don't want to change my speakers because I just want really good music (not really bothered about games and surround movies), and the speakers are 2.1.

My question is: will these sound cards reconfigure for a basic left/right/sub speaker set?

My motherboard is designed for surround sound too, and it has never given me a problem. I want to make sure that there is something similar going on for dedicated sound cards.

Many thanks in anticipation.

AD

A:7.1 Sound Cards - Do they Reconfigure for 2.1 Speakers?

You can still configure for 2.1 speakers, its just what the maximum capability of the sound card is. Just connect your speakers to the GREEN speaker jack (or equivalent if its something different) and then set your speaker system in the Sound Panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/240731-7-1-sound-cards-do-they-reconfigure-2-1-speakers.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I'm NOT a gamer. If I upgraded for Soundblaster Live 5.1 and Logitech Z 340s to Voyetra Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and Logitech Z 540s would I hear a noticable difference?

A:comparing sound cards and speakers

The SoundBlaster is better than the Turtle Beach IMHO. The Z40s are certainly better & not a bad deal for $80. If you can scrap together another fifty go for the Z560s. Much better speakers for $130.
Other than that it all depends on what you use your PC for. The 560s will make it sound like a theater if you watch DVDs on your PC. You'll like either upgrade for CD music. If CD music or MP3s are your passion you may be able to jack your sound card into your home stereo. I can't remember what jacks the SB Live has so I'd have to check otherwise it's just like adding any other auxilry item to your stereo reciever.
Nothun beats hearing old bucket hand drop the beat on some good speakers or headset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comparing-sound-cards-and-speakers.112386/
Relevancy 91.16%

With Dell Support Assist microphone test -- earphone playback is good, on-board speaker is terribly scratchy. The sound card lists as "ATI high Definition Audio Device" and "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC."
The laptop is Dell Studio 15 (1555) running windows 7 Professional, 236GB used, 214GB free space, Intel P8700 2.53 GHz Processor, 64 bit OS, 4GB memoryThe built-in speakers used to sound good but now they are too scratchy to understand. However the headset and external speakers (both 3.5 mm jack interface) sound good and a HDMI connected projector sounds good.
I will appreciate advice.

A:On-board speakers are scratchy but external speakers & headphones sound good?

Hello. As a test, switch from the IDT audio driver to the Windows native audio driver.
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "IDT High Definition Audio Device".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the IDT driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If you get the noise while using the native driver then it is not a driver issue, which would mean there is a strong chance of speaker failure, particularly since the noise is not in headphones. If you would like to replace the speakers I can point you to the service manual.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682831
Relevancy 90.73%

I am trying to help my Mom with her computer. She has installed Windows 10 on her HP (pavilion) desktop. I have disabled/enabled all. I have removed and reinstalled all. Nothing. I have looked for updates. I am at a lost. Please help. Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cbc75925-f681-4989-8515-2354412f6b16/no-sound-coming-from-speakers-headphones-or-digital-output?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 90.73%

I've pluged a HDMI cable from my laptop into my TV and theres no sound coming from the TV just the laptop speakers. I've tried going into my control -> sound options -> playback -> and setting the HDMI output to default but still no luck, whats listed is :

Speakers
Realtek Digital Output (Optical)
Realtek HDMI Output
Digital Output device (HDMI)

and next to each one listed is like a sound meter, the only one thats active is the speakers at the top which im guessing is the laptop speakers.

Relevancy 90.73%

I've just received my Laptop back from repair and all seems to be well I had my screen panel internal works output but through Sound not speakers. HDMI replaced gpu replaced from m to m new hard drive and CPU fan However the problem I seem to be having is that internal speakers are completely not working I can see that Sound works through HDMI output but not internal speakers. bolume bar in for my internal speakers is actually changing but there is no sound My system is not muted unless there's some secret button I'm missing out on No matter what i Sound works through HDMI output but not internal speakers. try it seems that sound will not work through my internal speakers I've plugged in my Razer headset Kraken that works with my other computer but is not even detected when plugged in the Audio jacks of my laptop Doesnt even pick up the microphone and this did work before I sent it out for repair Sound Sound works through HDMI output but not internal speakers. only works through HDMI output into a TV Monitor Now I'm not sure if this some software configuration that I have to do or something physical with the hardware but I would prefer to not have to send it back as it would take a month to get back to me and also the repair company states that if the problem is due to software then they will charge I assume it's a conflict that Realtek HD audio manager is having or something but none of my devices show up on the RealtekHD Audio Manager nor do I get a pop up when a device is detected which is what normally would of happened System MSI GT DX I GTX m Win bit gb Ram Edit After some more looking around I really do believe that what I had thought earlier was causing the problem I believe that the GTX m may be causing some sort of conflict however earlier today I did do everything from reformatting to uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia drivers and it didnt work Seems like other people are also having similar problems HDMI sound output works just fine audio jacks not at all New PC

A:Sound works through HDMI output but not internal speakers.

What is set as default in the Output Devices?

Right click the volume control, select output devices, set realtek audio (or speakers) as default.

Repeat for input devices to get the mic working

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/299127-sound-works-through-hdmi-output-but-not-internal-speakers.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello there! I wanted to ask a question.

Can the PC Speakers be damaged by increasing the Sample Rate and Bit Depth of the sound output?

My speakers are very old(~10 years or so) and my PC is quite new, and a friend of mine set the audio format to 24bit/192.000 Hz and the speakers stopped responding.
I have an on-board sound card (Realtec HD audio on Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P model). My speakers have not had any problems at all for the past 10 years, and just stopped working after setting the settings to that (24bit/192kHz)

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

PS: If you can scientifically support your opinion, it would be even greater, as I'm still arguing with my friend, but my field of expertice has nothing to do with computers or electronics

Thanks again for your time,
Regards,
Morkai

A:Can the Speakers be damaged from modifying the sound output settings?

The can be damaged if you "modify" by turning up the volume to excessive output... Many speakers will burn out very quickly.
But what you describe as modifying the Sample Rate and Bit Depth won't damage the speakers... But can sometimes damage some of the other sound electronics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-the-speakers-be-damaged-from-modifying-the-sound-output-settings.139228/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello I recently bought Creative A surround sound speakers for my PC I then bought an internal sound card as i only had speaker inputs on my pc but then found out that my motherboard has only PCI slot So i had to buy an external sound card for the surround sound to work this one I connected it all up put the wires in the correct places but the rear speakers do not play any sound I know they work as I put the rear jack into the front output to test them If I go into sound then try output rear speakers No A500) (Creative from sound to configure it to I don't have the No sound output from rear speakers (Creative A500) option to select rear speakers picture of what i mean I can't go into enhancements to select fill speakers either as the tab isn't showing up in properties And also as I'm using an external sound card USB nothing shows up in Realtek HD audio manager so I'm not able to do it from there I have searched a lot to try and find out what the problem is and can't find anything Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:No sound output from rear speakers (Creative A500)

CountVeggie welcome to the Seven Forum.

Did you install the driver that came with the external or is it just running on the default Windows 7 USB audio driver? The reason your rear's aren't working at the moment is that Windows is seeing it as a 7.1 set up and not 5.1, with the rear's showing as side's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/254697-no-sound-output-rear-speakers-creative-a500.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 88.58%

So the two speakers I use for my computer are not completely working. When plugged into my computer, the main speaker with the controls and stuff gives out sound but the other speaker doesn't.

I tried plugging the speakers instead into my phone and both speakers had sound coming out, so I thought it's probably the audio jack on the computer that is the problem.

Is there any way to maybe replace the jack or use the other jacks on the computer for the speakers?

A:Speaker jack works but the left (of 2 speakers) doesn't output sound

Quote: Originally Posted by Questionerer

So the two speakers I use for my computer are not completely working. When plugged into my computer, the main speaker with the controls and stuff gives out sound but the other speaker doesn't.

I tried plugging the speakers instead into my phone and both speakers had sound coming out, so I thought it's probably the audio jack on the computer that is the problem.

Is there any way to maybe replace the jack or use the other jacks on the computer for the speakers?

Hi Questionerer,

Seen as though you have tested with your mobile phone and sound IS coming out of your two speakers, it is safe to say that the speaker is not at fault.

I think that your computer is outputting sound panned right, in other words its only sending the audio information to the left side speaker.

To help you with this problem and to eliminate any driver problems please can you do the following:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Thanks
MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/372688-speaker-jack-works-but-left-2-speakers-doesnt-output-sound.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello all,
I am new to the forums and my laptop.However I have one question about my sound,

Is it possible to take the sound from my laptop without is passing though my laptops DAC (Digital to Analauge converter) and feed the sound into the DAC on my Cyrus CD player 6XP (2010 Edition) and then onto my amplifier, so I can experenice the higher quality from the CD players DAC rather than my computers.

The ports I have on my laptop are:

1x Headphones out
3x USB
1x Card Reader
1x Microphones In
1x VGA out
1x Network out

Thanks

Harry Cross

A:Output sound to external DAC

Quote: Originally Posted by HAWC145

Hello all,
I am new to the forums and my laptop.However I have one question about my sound,

Is it possible to take the sound from my laptop without is passing though my laptops DAC (Digital to Analauge converter) and feed the sound into the DAC on my Cyrus CD player 6XP (2010 Edition) and then onto my amplifier, so I can experenice the higher quality from the CD players DAC rather than my computers.

The ports I have on my laptop are:

1x Headphones out
3x USB
1x Card Reader
1x Microphones In
1x VGA out
1x Network out

Thanks

Harry Cross

Short answer ... probably not.

However, there are some high quality dacs on the market that will connect to your computer by USB or Firewire and deliver mind blowing good sound... There's a lot of them and at a very wide range of prices, so do some google searches....

But do let me caution you... unless you have exceptionally good audio gear the audible improvements are likely to be lost to plastic speaker boxes, weak power supplies and poorly designed sub-woofers....

DAC vs Soundcard on high end gear such as McIntosh Audio... "WOW"
DAC vs Soundcard on $199 home theater in a box... "Why did I waste my money".

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/76994-output-sound-external-dac.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I first saw one of these models on www.bestbuy.com. It was a 24 bit sound blaster live card connected to the pc via usb. I think this could be a good idea to go with because I have a fairly powerful video card (nvidia gforce 6800 ultra) and i don't want anything to get in its way. I have heard of people experiencing problems when their video and sound cards are close to each other (and i only have one available pci slot). But, do you think that any latency in sound would be experienced do to the usb connection.What do you guys think is a better solution?here is a link to the page on best buys web site for this card http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1091101682270by the way, the price is the same for the pci model and usb model of the same device, so that is not an issue

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/25989/external-usb-sound-cards/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello,
I am using an external 5.1 USB Sound Card (Best USB UB-003 5.1Ch USB) but there is no sound in Rear output. I want it to use with my Herculies MP3 E2 DJ mixer controller.

I am trying to keep eye on the Tracks while crossfading the songs by my headphone like DJs do.

Front Out is working fine.

Please help me.
Thanks
Sandeep

A:External Sound Card Help - No Rear Output

I've moved your thread to the Hardware forum as Random is only for discussions that are not technical in nature.

I've also removed your e-mail address so you don't get spamnmed and also because all assistance is to be done on the boards where others can also benefit.

Thanks for understanding.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-sound-card-help-no-rear-output.944181/
Relevancy 86%

Googling this subject reveals thousands upon thousands of similar problems but I haven't been able to get my speaker sound back - they were fine hours ago I use some simple external USB stereo speakers with my Asus laptop It has Realtek sound and I also bought a Xonar U through which I was channelling my sound quite happily until earlier today Headphones plugged into the laptop headphone socket work fine They also work OK via the Xonar The external speakers produce no sound at all however whether plugged into the laptop speaker jack or into the Xonar U when I go into Control from sound external No speakers Panel Sound and I can see the green sound indicator moving up and down as I play music however Testing the speakers through 'configuration' produces no sound either I tested the speakers themselves on a second laptop and they work fine I have been through the various volume controls - nothing is set to mute No problems show in Device Manager I've rebooted and also used System Restore Still got a silent laptop All that works now No sound from external speakers headphones apart are the laptop internal speakers which are pathetic Can anyone please help Many thanks Martin PS I have had this problem on and off for a while though before I always managed to get the sound back just by switching back and forward between the U and Realtek as the default but that hasn't worked this time I have posted before I've just remembered - sorry for any duplication Here is my previous post - but it's not a problem with the plug this time External USB Speakers suddenly not working on my Asus laptop

A:No sound from external speakers

The PC is your specs is a desktop but the problem relates to a laptop, If you can provide more details of the actual laptop this may help troubleshooting

Also you state that the speakers are USB - are they just USB or USB powered with a jack for connection to the headphone socket?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/354007-no-sound-external-speakers.html
Relevancy 86%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 210, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 356101 MB;
Motherboard: ACER, MCP73VE
Antivirus: ThreatTrack Security VIPRE, Updated and Enabled

I have no sound on my computer. I checked the control panel, under hardware and sound all the devices are said to be working. Tried to update the driver however stated I have the best driver for my computer and is in working order. The internal speakers do show that they are working via the analog monitors however I do not have any sound via the external speakers. I have tried rebooting the computer but still no sound.
All cords are connected. Please help!

Relevancy 86%

I have a Vista Home Premium bit pc sp I have an audio problem The audio usually works perfect This is the second time in monts external sound from No speakers that for some reason it just doesn t get thru the speakers Although they sound like they are working perfect I have external speakers and the LED light is on to show the power is on If I turn the speaker on off it appears the sound is excellent On the speaker icon in the taskbar there is no red line through it All volumes appear fine When I right click speaker icon left click playback devices there is one icon quot speakers quot Realtek High Definition Audio checkmarked quot working quot Everything on the bottom is greyed out There is no yellow warnings under device manager When I click on sound it says quot Realtek High Definition Audio quot Right clicking for properities bring up the device is working properly The light is lit on my networks card is that what it s called My sister used the headphones a few days ago and said No sound from external speakers there hasn t been sound since although when I plugged them in there was no sound thru the headphones OR the speakers Speakers ARE working Attached is the DxDiag file My sister thanks you a million in advance for any instructions we can follow nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-external-speakers.212794/
Relevancy 86%

Hi guys...
I just plugged my Onkyo 6.1 Channel (S-680) to my computer. I connected the receiver to the Digital Out port of my motherboard (Intel 915GV Chipset-Asus PTGD1 - LA). It uses the Realtek ALC880 drivers. Whenever I open Sound Effect Manager and do the Speaker Test, sound comes only from my front speakers. The rears/centre/sub all light up but no sound is played. However, while running games/music/films I get sound from all my speakers (though not very satisfactory and not real surround sound). Can anyone please help me with this?

Also, I can't open Realtek HD Audio Manager (RTHDCPL.exe). Only RTLCPL.exe (Sound Effect Manager) works. When I click on RTHDCPL.exe nothing happens. Please do help out.

Thanks.

A:No Sound From Surround/Centre/Subwoofer In Realtek Sound Effect Manager Test

try this:

1) try to go to the settings of your sound effect manager & there are selections there for 2.0,2.1.5.1 or what ever you may find that corresponds to your speaker channel.

2) if nothing corresponds to the given selections,try to download the latest audio driver from your motherboard's manufacturer website.

3) otherwise,you need to plug-in a sound card that has the feature to play with 6.1 channel audio.

goodluck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-surround-centre-subwoofer-in-realtek-sound-effect-manager-test.92298/
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm looking for sound effect program.I had program 10 years or so , I think it was sound blaster live ( not sure) had some thing similar .Want I wont is program that will add sound effect to sound coming through my computer speakers or headphone. The different sound effects that make your voice sound deep ,less muffled voice, tunnel ,echo ,slow talking ,sound like you talking in small room ,car or out side.

I wont it for both music/sound/audio streaming from the internet and music/sound from the computer , I have on the computer.And be able to go in setting and turn it or off or add or remove effects.

I'm not sure but I think it was sound blaster live I had ,that had some thing similar to add effect to sound coming through the computer speaker or headphone.

Note I have windows 7 .So some thing that works with windows 7.

A:I'm looking for sound effect program , sound coming through the computer speaker

Creative (ie: Sound Blaster) has had that type of setting in their software for years. The Creative/Sound Blaster software is for their chipsets only. There could be a similar audio tool that works with any audio source, but I'm not familiar with any.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-looking-for-sound-effect-program-sound-coming-through-the-computer-speaker.1115422/
Relevancy 85.14%

Just set up new asus essentio series desktop with windows 8.1. After initial set up the monitor speakers are on but no the connected external speakers. I assume I need to make some change in the control panel. Is that true. I want sound to come through external speakers.

A:No sound coming from external speakers

Sounds like you may have a monitor with an HDMI connection. If this is the case, Windows automatically defaults the default audio playback device to the HDMI, if an HDMI cable is connected to the PC. If you want the PC sound you must manually change the default audio playback device to "Speakers" (PC sound). And you will likely have to do this each time you boot up. I was looking at a new monitor at either Sam's Club or Costco and decided against it as it was an HDMI connected monitor.

The Sound/Playback panel can be accessed from start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/53307-no-sound-coming-external-speakers.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have been struggling with getting my external speakers to work on my laptop for a few months now. My laptop (Acer) runs on Vista and I plug my speaker into the SPDIF jack on the front of my computer. When I plug the speakers in a bubble pops up saying "A Jack has been plugged in." but there is no sounds. There are no little red x's on my little speaker icons and it seems that the computer thinks that the speakers are working just fine. If I hook my speakers up to my iPod they work just fine so I don?t understand why the won?t work on my laptop.
I have very little knowledge about computers and would love some help on how to fix this problem.

Please and Thank you!

A:No sound when external speakers are plugged in

What model Acer? What model speakers? How old is all this stuff?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/210502-no-sound-when-external-speakers-plugged.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hello everyone i desperately need help i had windows xp and formatted my laptop then installed windows 7 home basic but while i had perfectly audio system in previous windows now i can't hear anything when i plug in my speakers or headphones(tested on my phone they work with it) however my internal laptop speakers work nicely though i guess i messed up with some drivers not sure how i can sort this out please any ideas to fix this ?

A:No sound from external speakers or headphones

Hello and welcome to the forums georgehagi.

It will 100% be a driver issue.

My suggestion is to go to Dell support website, search for your laptop and install any drivers you can find for audio, hopefully there will be some for windows 7.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/280040-no-sound-external-speakers-headphones.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My Fujitsu Siemens LI1705 has been upgraded by my Son, first from Vista, then XL and finally to Windows 7. After accepting a recent upgrade, the external speakers have stopped working. The ones i have are made by Technica and worked fine until the upgrade. Since then i have purchased some new ones, made by H.P. that utilise the usb port. I inserted the c.d. provided and was informed that they were incompatible. Therefore i am still without sound [except for the laptop's own built in speaker.]
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You.

Relevancy 85.14%

Hi guys I have a new Zoostorm pc hooked up to my Philips LCD tv I ve followed the tv instructions to connect the pc and sound but it s sound No TV, speakers work external to not No sound to TV, external speakers work working I was told by the Zoostorm support person that they don t test their machines on tv s so can t advise me He did No sound to TV, external speakers work say that my graphics card doesn t support sound so the HDMI cable isn t the problem I ve been through DOZENS of sites amp posts following all the advice - enabeling the HD sound option updating drivers rebooting - I can t even remember most of it there s been so much I bought a mm cable but this hasn t worked I tried the red and white plugs aswell sorry can t remember what they re called but they didn t work either I even went so far as to buy a seperate sound card but this is having the same problem - the external speakers work fine so I know it s not the pc thats the problem but I can t get sound from the tv One post somewhere suggested that the BIOS isn t configured correctly I m starting to think this is correct as both onboard and seperate sound won t work But the external speakers work so is it the tv I don t think it is though because I had the same problem with my kids pc last year another Zoostorm different brand LCD I m at my wits end here This pc is meant for watching movies etc and is kind of useless atm If I can t get this working I ll have to replace the graphics card with my old one that carries sound but then my games will be nerfed Please help me guys I have a shiney new doorstop atm Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn H MXV Series To be filled by O E M Antivirus COMODO Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:No sound to TV, external speakers work

Sooooo, any ideas? Anyone?
I really need help with this. I've exhausted all my ideas, and I'm not finding any others online that I haven't already tried.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-to-tv-external-speakers-work.997099/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,I use exteral speakers via the headphone jack of my laptop [also sometimes headphones]  and I've noticed within the past few weeks or so that a lot of the time when I do things like load certain webpages or skim through videos on youtube, or when I'm on skype and hit backspace too many times causing that 'bing' sound, all of these kinds of actions cause this loud boom sound through the speakers.   The sound is just like what you would hear if you bumped the end of a needle hard on a record player.I've updated all my audio/sound drivers and can't figure out how to stop that annoying sound from happening.  It doesn't happen when I'm only using the laptop speakers, so it's a problem with the audio jack on the side that I use.I would greatly greatly appreciate any help someone could offer on this issue.Thank you in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Static-boom-sound-sometimes-when-using-external-speakers/td-p/5631025
Relevancy 84.28%

My Dad just bought a new ACER flat panel monitor to replace an existing ACER flat panel monitor. The old model had built in speakers the new one does not. I can not get any noise out of the external speakers. Please Help I'm leaving for vacation and I'M desperate

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,

I hope someone here can solve this problem because I'm at my wits end.

I installed a Microsoft headset called "LifeChat LX-3000" with a built in microphone. I only want to use it to make online videos for my business. Everything worked fine until I unplugged the headset. I can't get any sound at all from my computer. The internal speakers and external speakers give me no sound. The only way I can hear anything is by wearing the headset. I finally gave up and uninstalled the headset, but I still can't get any sound.

Any suggestions?? Why in the world can't I get my sound back??

A:[SOLVED] No Sound Through Internal or External Speakers

First, I am assuming that you still have your speakers hooked up the female mini pin that is green.

Second, go to
Start > Control Panel > Sound and Audio Device properties

3. Click on audio tab. Default device listed should be your onboard audio or sound card. If is not selected, select it and hit apply. If nothing is in the selection box, you may have to reinstall or re-enable your audio device.

4. Click on volume tab. Make sure mute is not selected.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-no-sound-through-internal-or-external-speakers-237917.html
Relevancy 84.28%

On my HP ProBook 450 G2 which is running Windows 10 Pro with 3.88 GB of usable memory out of 4 GB with a 64 bit operating system --- regardless of it being speakers, headphones, etc., any device plugged into the headphones jack will not play sound through it. I can get sound through the laptop speakers when there is nothing plugged in, obviously. (I have downloaded the newest drivers for my hardware that are available.)
How can I fix this problem?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435000-no-sound-coming-out-external-speakers-headphones.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can assist with this annoying problem. My mother's computer, for some unknown reason, plays all sounds and music through the actual PC tower AND the external speakers.

We want to disable the sound coming from the PC, as when she has music on or is playing World of Warcraft etc, its really annoying to hear the tinny sounds through the PC tower. We just want to hear it through the external speakers.

She's running a HP Compaq dc5700 PC with Windows XP. The default sound is via RealTek HD Audio.

It hasn't always done this - its a recent issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Sarah

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hearing-sound-from-both-pc-and-external-speakers-at-same-time-how-to-fix.1078195/
Relevancy 84.28%

I Computer Sound No my after from Set... Speakers External Moving had to move my desk computer setup today and now I have no sound nbsp My laptop is connected to a Targus docking station ACP No Sound from my External Speakers after Moving Computer Set... USZ nbsp I tried to go into my control panel and check which device was set as the default and these were my options nbsp SpeakersAnvSoft Virtual Sound deviceReady nbsp Speakers HPIDT High Definition Audio CODECDefault Device nbsp Communication HeadphonesIDT High Definition Audio CODECReady nbsp SpeakersTargus USB AudioReady nbsp nbsp When I try to play downloaded mp s on the default HP Speakers it plays through the speakers of the laptop but when I changed to the Targus Speakers the sound seems to also be coming from my laptop speakers instead of the external speakers nbsp My Targus device has two ports to plug in audio - Audio In and Audio Out nbsp Have tried both but I can't remember which one was plugged in and worked properly prior to the move today nbsp Any help to get my sound back is appreciated nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Sound-from-my-External-Speakers-after-Moving-Computer/td-p/5756249
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,
I just bought a Dell Inspriron 15 7000 series laptop. I want to use a pair of Altec Lansing desktop speakers with it to listen to music. They are probably about 5 years old and work fine with my ipad and with my older HP laptop that I just replaced. However, when I plug them into the Dell, they make a popping sound and then continue to pop somewhat randomly while I'm playing music. The internal laptop audio works fine on the Dell itself, for videos, PC sounds, etc.
Any idea how to fix this so I can use the speakers? Maybe a different driver? I don't want to screw up the internal sound.
Thanks,
Karen

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19990643
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi guys, just reinstalled windows 7. everything works great, then I went to paly a file and to my surprise, no sound. Tested speakers on another device, they work. Sound card drivers are working and up to date.

When I play a media file, I can see the sound gage go. So I went in sounds, playback device, and all I see in there is my sound card, no speakers or headphones icon. Thus no sounds from speakers. Tried other headphones/speakers they also dont work on the PC.

First two screenshots are my Device Manager, third one shows my playback devices.. My wife needs this for her business and I am losing sleep over this for days now I tried everything. Any ideas?

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/2205/screen2tv.png
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4980/screen1md.png

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5256/nospeaker.png

A:Windows 7 SOUND, No Speakers in Playback device, thus no sound from speakers

Hi -

What sound card do you have?

Double-click on the HD audio device in Device Manager - what is driver and date?

Usually there is an audio codec/ drivers, e.g., IDT, Realtek, etc... that must be installed.

What are system specs - exact model number from label on back of PC, please.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-sound-no-speakers-in-playback-device-thus-no-sound-from-speakers-514788.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I just reloaded a laptop with XP SP2. After reload, my laptop internal and external speakers don't produce any sound. I loaded the driver from the laptop manufacturers website. And everything appears to be set correctly and working from a systems view. However - no sound from PC on boot, application, or cd or dvd play.

In Control Panel/Sound and Audio
Hardware tab - Windows says the hardware is working OK
Volume tab - All mute buttons are off/unchecked. Volume is high on all componets - PC Speaker etc.

I've also removed the driver and reloaded it. still nothing.

Is there anything else I should try? I doubt it is the motherboard.....

A:No sound from internal or external speakers after XP reload on laptop

It may not be the correct driver. There are some cases that the OS wopuld not report any abnormalities but the driver may not be the exact driver you need. Identify the sound device you need ( you can use unknown device identifier for that ) and download the apropriate driver.

Also check the microphone socket incase something got stuck in there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-from-internal-or-external-speakers-after-xp-reload-on-laptop-147143.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have an HP ProBook s I've been disappointed in the speaker volume Speakers, from NADA Headsets, Laptop Sound External No or since I bought No Sound from Laptop or External Speakers, Headsets, NADA it Even after adjusting all the settings I could find it's like a whisper during movies music Internet Videos Everywhere I checked for the info it said the device was working and the drivers all said they were current and didn't need updating Speccy only gave me this for the Audio Info SoundcardAnvSoft Virtual Sound Device High Definition Audio Device and another High No Sound from Laptop or External Speakers, Headsets, NADA Definition Audio Device I can get more from a manual or HP site if needed So I went to the greatest computer store on the planet Walmart a little humor folks and bought a iHome iHM Rechargeable speaker an Apple Product which said would work on anything I plugged it in watched some drivers being installed and a few minutes later was listening to it An improvement but I won't recommend it Surely there is something better in the to price range Later I turned it off unplugged the USB power cord and the mm jack I needed the USB port did my thing and then replugged in the iHM Nothing no sound anywhere Skype doesn't work none of my Players work WMP Wondershare Media Player VLC or Free All in One No system sounds nada Everything I could think of to check above still said everything was okay The speaker website has no help and only an email support thing to London and they haven't responded When it was plugged in I couldn't find the thing in the device manager even after rescanning for new hardware It must be called something other than the product name there Can someone steer me to the right place to get this thing working Or offer instructions on what to do to fx it If I don't have to I would rather not do a system restore The Troubleshooter in the Control Panel says nothing is broken as well mike

A:No Sound from Laptop or External Speakers, Headsets, NADA

Lets clear the old usb drivers out of the way.

Download this tool to the machine in question unzip it to the desktop.
drivecleanup.zip

Move the 32 or 64 bit version of DriveCleanup.exe to C:\Windows\System32 Folder.
To do this hit the windows key and r at the same time and type the File Location C:\Windows\System32 in the run box.
Drag the 32 or 64 bit version of DriveCleanup.exe from the desktop into the C:\Windows\System32 Folder

Then Close all applications power your machine down and remove all usb devices except keyboard and mouse.
Then turn the machine back on and see below.

Open a command prompt by hitting the windows key and r at the same time and type cmd into the run box and hit enter.
Once the CMD window opens Type  or copy and paste drivecleanup.exe Hit enter.

This will clear all old usb drivers on your machine and hopefully help your issue.

Reboot and test. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499791/no-sound-from-laptop-or-external-speakers-headsets-nada/
Relevancy 83.42%

on Personal information from Sound external monitor keeps switching to spea... speakers removed and again on had live nbsp chats with HP Sound keeps switching to external speakers from monitor spea... to correct the issue with no longer getting sound thru my HP - to my Dell Monitor S H nbsp nbsp Sound thru Sound keeps switching to external speakers from monitor spea... the monitor works perfectly until I use some of my programs or an upload appears nbsp Both times the HP tech had to uninstall sound driver and reinstall the driver nbsp Each time I spent at least hours on live chat while they corrected the issue nbsp nbsp The last correction lasted less than hours and the red X at the speaker on the task bar appeared which told me to connect external speakers nbsp The sound works with external speakers connected but I am not happy with that solution as originally it worked fine for at least two months using my monitor nbsp The Sound keeps switching to external speakers from monitor spea... last technician even had my dell monitor set as the default sound monitor nbsp Even with the external speakers plugged in if I insert a CD I do not get any sound nbsp I am extremely frustrated with HP and Windows regarding this on going issue nbsp My last HP has less problems over the years I had it compared to this new computer nbsp nbsp Unfortunately I know just enough to get myself in trouble with the computer so unless I get step by step instructions I am reluctant to uninstall the driver and re install the sound driver myself nbsp FRUSTRATED BEYOND BELIEF nbsp Regards nbsp Bobby-left

A:Sound keeps switching to external speakers from monitor spea...

Hi @Bobby-left, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Sound-keeps-switching-to-external-speakers-from-monitor/td-p/5519263
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi

Basically i've just got my new laptop this week, had desktop pc's for nearly 10 yrs with internal sound card to power a 5.1 surround system

now ive ordered some krk rokik rp5 g2 monitor speakers but i want to be able to play music from laptop with media player etc, through the monitor speakers at good sound quality.

i no your can get cheap converters, but i imagine a usb sound card with rca outputs would be a lot better yes?

budget around ?70 or so. heard creative aint that good for music, more gaming, films, and been told m-audio or tascam are good for audio.

any1 else recommend decent soundcards etc

cheers

Matt

A:external sound card advice for use with monitor speakers

I have a recording studio. I use Focusrite (British Company) recording interface unit and also drives my Samson Resolv studio monitors and headphones.

Actually, I would try the built in sound module (card) first before buying any add on sound unit. You will be surprised at the improvement in internal sound modules are compared to what they used to be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/200093-external-sound-card-advice-use-monitor-speakers.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Would it be possible to set up my laptop so that I can get kind of surround sound using the built-in speakers along side my 2.1 speakers? I only have 2 jacks, 1 mic/line in and 1 speaker jack.

I did try poking around in a few places but could not find anything.

I'm not necessarily looking for perfect 3D sound, stereo would be great to. I just think doing this may maximize the sound range.

Thanks in advance

A:Laptop Surround Sound with only built-in speakers and 2.1 external

Anyone? D=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-surround-sound-with-only-built-in-speakers-and-2-1-external.898662/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a very strange problem: When I play sound files that reside on my laptop, they play through the external speakers that are connected to my docking station. But when I play a Youtube video or there is a web page that plays sound, it will only come through the tiny onboard speakers on the laptop. I've gone through every setting I can find on the computer, without finding anything amiss.

What gives??

A:Sound from websites won't go to external speakers, files on 'puter do

Are you using the Dell supplied IDT driver for the sound? If not, that is the first step. I do a lot of support on the Dell user forum and we have found that non-Dell drivers either do not work or do not work correctly.

I see two listings in the E6400 IDT drivers. What looks like a driver and the other looks like a driver update. If you are using the Dell sound driver, install the update and see if that helps. Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

If you want to get support from one of the Laptop user experts on the Dell forum, you can register and then post on the Laptop Audio Hardware section. "Jim" is our Laptop audio expert. http://en.community.dell.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/225256-sound-websites-wont-go-external-speakers-files-puter-do.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello all,
I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop that I bought about a month ago.  When I hook it up to my external speakers and start up a game such as WoW, the sound that comes out of the speakers sounds awful... like it's a way lower bitrate than it shoudl be, missing depth and fullness... almost as if it were coming out of one of those old pc speakers. 
If I unplug the speakers, let the OS realize they were disconnected, then plug them back in again, it works fine. 
Anyone see this before?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19986092
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi guys!
When I turn off the laptop by using shut down or hibernate there's a loud white noise in the external  active speakers which are connected via audio/jack cable.. Using my old laptop for 5 years, that never happened. What could be the solution to the problem? Aside from turning off the speakers - I always need them on so that I can use them with Chromecast audio connected to Aux-in.
Regards,
Janos

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19994181
Relevancy 81.7%

I have inspire p7800 7.1 speakers and I'm trying to hook it up to my startech.com external sound card. However I can only get the bass and front 2 speakers to work. How do I get the rest of the speakers to work?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/266540-hooking-up-creative-inspire-p7800-speakers-external-sound-card.html
Relevancy 80.41%

It s the most suspicious sound output. card sound from coming Suspicious Solved: sound I ve ever heard It sounds exactly like fat felt tip marker making a quick check on paper It can also be compared to a rat sniff or a piece of paper being turned I wear headphones and can hear this noise occasionally for up to minutes It likes to happen at night when they are active humor me Because of the sneaky low volume discreet low down creepy stalky shifty Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. sound I am disposed to imagine that someone is looking through my files for credit information and they are unaware of these sounds from my sound card or they don t care about the sound because they are safe from being caught Sound like I m crazy Just paranoid I did say it makes me imagine The kind Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. of person I am is the same kind that will run system restore at a moment s notice for anything that looks suspicious or a NoScript violation Because that sound is clearly designed to resemble a sniffing rat doing something sneaky on my computer I tried to record the Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output. output with Audacity but it had stopped before I had recorded anything My setup Windows XP Pro bit Service Pack Verizon High Speed Internet Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller LinkSys Router routing to a Windows laptop WPK-PSK TKIP Soundblaster Live Avast SUPERAntiSpyware NoScript Mozilla FireFox nbsp

A:Solved: Suspicious sound coming from sound card output.

It was that Windows XP search dog. When you ctrl + f to open the search side bar in a window there is an animated dog that seems innocuous. Every 15 minutes or so it will scratch itself and make that noise twice. As long as that search side bar is open, minimized or not, that noise will persist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-suspicious-sound-coming-from-sound-card-output.1024638/
Relevancy 79.55%

I get sound from the mic of course.but I would like to get sound straight from the sound card too when I want to.I don't know exact model,but it's a realtek HD on board sound card.Acer 5551 series laptop

A:How can I get sound output from sound card when streaming video?

Hello green,

You get sound from your microphone? I don't think I am understanding. Sound should come from your sound card. You plug the speakers into the back of the computer and into the sound card (green jack). The mic receives sound. My mic is USB so it doesn't use any jack other than the USB port, but if you use the sound card, it goes into the purple jack

Do you have the audio driver installed? This should be right: http://support.acer.com/product/defa...x?modelId=2192

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/205126-how-can-i-get-sound-output-sound-card-when-streaming-video.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Title says it all. I need to wait at least five minutes to be able to hear anything on my laptop.. I can't hear songs nor play videos..

Help would really be appreciated.

A:No sound on start-up, Win8 needs time to output sound

For start up sound go to personalize>sounds>at bottom of box place a check for "Play Windows Startup sound. With a laptop you probably are using realtek HD sound driver... you could look in task manager and see if it is turned on at startup, also in event viewer>windows logs>system and look at the time when you booted and see if there are any audio errors.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58799-no-sound-start-up-win8-needs-time-output-sound.html
Relevancy 78.69%

this is for my multimedia class p[leas help

"auto-ripple" effect do for a sound file? How do you get it to work on your sound file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/auto-ripple-effect-do-for-a-sound-file-how-do-you-get-it-to-work-on-your-sound-fi.639262/
Relevancy 78.69%

I had this issue before all of a sudden the sound coming from my computer gets really quiet even though everything is maxed out Before it seemed Reoccurring cards two sound low issue affecting sound to have been triggered when I moved my computer from one room to another I wasn't able to move it back right away but when I did it was still happening I removed the sound card I have replaced it tried different PCI slots tested my onboard sound card etc but to no avail Eventually it fixed itself and I have no idea what caused it Earlier today my sound was working perfectly fine I left my computer on the entire time to do other things and when I got back to it the volume is again really low When it was happening before the sound seemed Reoccurring low sound issue affecting two sound cards to be crackling on higher volumes but there's no crackling that I can hear this time I again tried my onboard sound card and the issue was also affecting it I normally use headphones but also tried speakers and the issue is still there on them too Like I said though my computer was Reoccurring low sound issue affecting two sound cards on the entire time I was gone and nothing was changed but this suddenly started happening Considering it's affecting both sound cards I imagine it has to be an issue with something else like my motherboard or Windows itself I wasn't able to find what was causing it last time though so honestly I have no idea Edit Update I found a pair of USB headphones and their volume seems fine I hope this means something I assume that with USB it's not going through either sound card though that doesn't make too much sense to me but what that means I don't know

A:Reoccurring low sound issue affecting two sound cards

Hello and welcome Sakonoso now to me it seems that the audio through the USB port might be coming from the board audio and not the sound cards hence why it is ok. Having said that usually the on board stuff is usually cut off if there is a sound card installed.

Now it seems to narrow it down a little if this is the case and there are some things you can run sfc and a chkdsk to see if there is anything going on in the system
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html if you need to - run the latter using the /f and /r "switches"

The other thing to do is update the drivers if you haven?t done so already
http://www.htomega.com/downloads.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/359932-reoccurring-low-sound-issue-affecting-two-sound-cards.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I used to have Vista on this computer and didn't have audio problems. I've upgraded to Windows 7 and use the latest drivers available for my sound card (Striker 7.1). I have also tried not using these drivers and instead using a USB sound card (Sennheiser that comes with one of their headsets).

My problem is that, some time after booting up my computer, the audio starts skipping/glitching every ~30 seconds (if not more). This will usually happen with almost 100% frequency after the computer goes into sleep mode. A reboot fixes this for some time and then it starts over. This happens with all audio sources (moves in VLC, music in iTunes, youtube, etc.)

I have absolutely no idea what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Sound skips after some time (tried diff. sound cards)

This is apparently a fairly common problem in windows 7. Just google these forums for 'audiodg.exe', and you'll see tons of other people reporting the exact same thing.

I have the same problem and my solution ended up being to write a cmd script I can launch that runs

Code:
net stop audiosrv
net start audiosrv
This shuts audiodg.exe down and starts it back up. Sad part is I have to run this anywhere from every 10 to 30 minutes. Extremely annoying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/35228-sound-skips-after-some-time-tried-diff-sound-cards.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I've got one W7 PC, with one Creative X-Fi soundcard in it, on a motherboard that has built in audio.

I'd like to play two music tracks on my PC at the same time, using any browser or browsers. I'd like one track to be heard on one set of speakers, and the other track to be heard from another set of speakers.

To potentially make things a bit easier, I'm happy to either run two instances of any one particular browser (eg two Firefox browsers open at the same time), or run two seperate browsers (eg one Firefox and one IE).

If there is any software that needs to be bought to achieve this, then I'm happy to buy it. Thanks a lot for any recommendations/advice on this subject.

EDIT:
BTW, the music must be played from a browser(s).

A:Play two seperate sound sources using two sound cards on one PC?

Multitrack Music Mixing Software-Download Recording Studio Software Free

??maybe

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/353736-play-two-seperate-sound-sources-using-two-sound-cards-one-pc.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have no applications running at all in Windows. I have the system sound muted, but I still have some sound coming out of the speakers. It sounds like some talk radio. I also have all networking disabled. I have no idea where this is coming from.

How can I tell if any process on my computer is accessing the sound drivers?

A:Solved: computer sound muted but sound is still coming from speakers

In some cases, if the speakers are cheaply made and not sheilded, they can acutally pickup radio waves (especially if you live near a radio tower). Does the "Talk radio" continue if the speakers are on, while the computer is off?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-sound-muted-but-sound-is-still-coming-from-speakers.985554/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a toshiba a205-s5800, it is just out of warranty. all of a sudden the sound has stopped working. I have reinstalled the sound driver, still no luck.

A:No sound played trough speakers but sound works from headphones

If you are not able to listening any sound even error beep, then it seems hardware fault inside your system.
It may speaker goes faulty. You should consult your computer hardware vendor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-played-trough-speakers-but-sound-works-from-headphones.818129/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have an MSI 785GTM-E45 Mother Board. I have no sound coming from the speakers. Tried new speakers and still no sound. If I click on the speaker Icon on the bottom right it shows the speaker graph going up and down as sound is being produced. I tried the head phones and nothing coming from them either. I tried playing a CD and nothing from there either. I first noticed it when I was trying to play something from YOUTUBE and thought it might just be the site but then I tried off line as well. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. This is the first day that I have noticed it. Thanks for any help. I have checked all the settings I can think of but probably have missed something somewhere.

A:No sound from speakers but showing sound graph on speaker control

Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. In the Playback section, set your "Speakers" as the Default Playback device (if it's not now set). Then see if you have speaker and/or headphone sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/192032-no-sound-speakers-but-showing-sound-graph-speaker-control.html
Relevancy 78.26%

my computer has no sound. I cannot figure out why. I reinstalled my Avance AC'97 sound driver and no luck. the speakers work fine. does anyone know what i can do? I didn't change anything before the sound went out. It just isn't there.

A:No sound from computer, speakers work fine... Avance AC'97 sound

physically check your cables, as usually this problem is caused by human error. next, check all of your volumes. what OS, service pack, and version are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-computer-speakers-work-fine-avance-ac97-sound.35101/
Relevancy 77.4%

So I've got a problem I changed my case days ago and everything went great all working as being through speakers.Jack sound only? detected.HDMI not sound No it should be Up until No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only? an hour ago when the lid got stuck in one of the little clips so after a quick bang it went in But then I lost my picture on both monitors So I went to investigate I ended up moving the GPU over to the No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only? other x slot and it is now fine but since then I've No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only? lost all sound through either the front or rear jacks It is saying that the speakers are not connected I've done all the usual checks as in default devises drivers Everything I can think of I have done I have tried a new cable and tested through both of my phones and the speakers work fine I've also tried a few sets of headphones in both jacks There is a faint hiss sound when I turn the speakers on that has just started I have managed to get sound through my tv via HDMI but every time I go into audio manager and lets say change from soft to hard I loose the sound again and have to set the HDMI as default again this too has just started I'm using the on board realtek audio sound card on an Asus p z -lx motherboard Just a quick note when I plug in the jack there is no beep and the pop up screen does not appear as normal To me it is pointing towards a motherboard problem with the problems happening together Any help would be great

A:No sound through speakers.Jack not being detected.HDMI sound only?

Hiyya Paul mate sounds like (no pun intended) that thump dislodged something on the board just carefully move the I/O output block and see if there is any movement, could be something a simple as dry joint but which is going to be hard to find and fix.

If you have some warranty and I know it is a PITA having to reef it all out again but.....

Personally I have the P8Z77-V and I just stuck an Asus Xonar DG card in the thing and there is no comparison really and you get one heck of a control centre. Not expensive I don't know about where you are but out here $35 so both my Ivy and Sandy Bridges have them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/276991-no-sound-through-speakers-jack-not-being-detected-hdmi-sound-only.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Why would speakers sound scratchy, but headphones and external cabled speakers sound OK? I have a Dell Studio 15 (1555) running windows 7 Professional.

236GB used, 214GB free space
Intel P8700 2.53 GHz Processor
64 bit OS
4GB memory

The built-in speakers used to sound good but now they are too scratchy to understand. However the headset sound is good. According to the Dell Support Assist utility, the sound card is "ATI high Definition Audio Device" and "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC."
Microphone test -- earphone playback is OK, on-board speaker terrible.

A:Why would on-board speakers sound scratchy but headphones sound OK?

You Dell Studio 1555 laptop uses IDT HD audio driver for the built in laptop speakers.
The ATI HD audio driver is only used if an HDMI connection to an HDMI monitor (with an HDMI audio/video cable) is used.

possibly a driver conflict with IDT audio, built-in speakers may be malfunctioning or dirty (gotta have them repaired if it's a hardware problem and not a software problem). just listing the possible causes for the scratchy sound.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395035-why-would-board-speakers-sound-scratchy-but-headphones-sound-ok.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I installed a internal sound card months ago when my original ports on my PC stopped working. Just recently sound started coming from my monitors built in speakers and not my sound card.
I purchased a new sound card to no avail. I still get static and no sound and control panel says device is working properly.
What is going on it has to be something simple I am looking over.
Help please.
Thanks
Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436414/getting-sound-through-internal-monitor-speakers-not-my-sound-card/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an HP dv t laptop XP the After Hear Laptop's Speakers Cant Sound A Popping From Sound sound card is Conexant HD Audio For the dv t model the audio jacks there are two for Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound two headphones are at the front of the laptop below the touchpad facing you I tried connecting a DELL sound system that i got default with my dell desktop years ago It comes with a subwoofer that connects black plug and green plug to the two audio jacks and you connect two speakers to the subwoofer When I plugged in the green plug from the subwoofer to the right audio jack there was a popping sound I quickly pulled the wire and from there no audio would play from my laptop s speakers I can only play sound through headphones and through the subwoofer Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound to the speakers I looked at the device manager checked the quot sound video and game controls quot and it said everything was working properly updated and there were no red X s or exlamation points My laptop speakers can t play system sounds or any music When I open the quot Volume Control quot window click on advanced under Tone Controls there Bass and Treble are greyed out and I cant slide the bar left or right I used to be able to Please help Thanks in advance I ll try to make some screen shots asap i made ms paint Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound diagrams and uploaded to imagebeaveri made the above images using ms paint and google images this is my first time using imagebeaver but hopefully its uploaded correctly

A:Cant Hear Sound From Laptop's Speakers After A Popping Sound

so i can only hear from an external sound system, like speakers of headphones.. any help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/87910/cant-hear-sound-from-laptops-speakers-after-a-popping-sound/
Relevancy 77.4%

Yesterday I installed a new external hard drive - following the installation - my sound no longer played through my hdmi, no sound through via sound laptop tv through (idt speakers plays television video is fine HDMI connection and sound now comes ONLY through the laptop speakers The option for HDMI Audio doesn't appear in the 'sound' menus I have 'checked' quot shoe disabled quot and quot show disconnected quot in those menus Basic Specs DV - us Windows bit IDT High Definition Audio Codec ATI Mobility Radeon HD AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon I have tried the following fixes gleaned from other forum posts on similar forum posts Uninstalling and reinstalling IDT drivers - didn't work HP driver 'recovery manager' to install 'original' IDT audio codecs - didn't work Unistalled ATI Video Drivers and reinstalled them - didn't work System Restore to a week ago - didn't work I use my HD TV as my primary monitor for gaming so having sound no sound through tv via hdmi, sound plays through laptop speakers (idt through laptop speakers and not TV is quite annoying Perhaps my only solution is another sound card

A:no sound through tv via hdmi, sound plays through laptop speakers (idt

So you're trying to get audio to play on your TV from your laptop? Since you said the video is fine it's obviously not the video drivers. It sounds like the sound output is configured wrong. I don't think it would be labeled as HDMI. HDMI is just DVI with HD Audio. Try altering your sound settings to see what you can get.

Audio is a very difficult thing to diagnose and fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/266914-no-sound-through-tv-via-hdmi-sound-plays-through-laptop-speakers-idt.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Well, i have 5.1 creativ speakers got about 2 years back. they worked fine with wxp but when i upgraded to wvista and w7 all hell broke loose. at a point in time in vista i got the rear speakers to work. when i upgraded to w7, i also got the rear speakers to work eventually. i now have a new motherboard with shitty drivers and can't get the rear speakers to work. in the tests they work but when i play music, watch movies anything nothing comes out of the front centre or rear speakers. any help guiz?
TY
p.s. the drivers my mobo uses are VIA HD Audio deck. i've tried uninstall all sound drivers and reinstalling but to no aveil
p.s. also at one point in time few days ago everything was working but the next day the rears just stopped...

A:5.1 Speakers rear and mid sound not playing any sound apart from test

did all the speakers sound when test in via hd audio deck or windows 7 audio control panel?

if yes, most likely you will need to enable the 'upmix' feature of VIA. I'm not sure what is it called, but in Realtek it is called Realtek Speaker Fill or Dolby ProLogic IIx. If there isn't any, you may want to try Channel Mixer for foobar2000.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-speakers-rear-and-mid-sound-not-playing-any-sound-apart-from-test.152976/
Relevancy 77.4%

It makes it sound like the only way to get sound from all of your speakers is to enable cmss and click that top option. The only way I can get sound from all of my speakers is to enable the bottom option. What is the deal, and am I getting the best/worst sound in the way I am doing it?

Relevancy 77.4%

re JAL Cb VS system 2 from a No on rear sound sound surround speakers setting running Win Xp Home- Altec Lansing speakers- surround sound quot I bought this system months ago i am concerned that I may not be getting the full sound When I went to play a DVD film with the bass woofer speaker set to the rear speakers produced no sound It is only when i switch back to setting that they work but I suspect are just duplicating the front L amp R speakers to simulate surround sound Is it anything to do with how i have wired them No sound from 2 rear speakers on a surround sound setting up the back of the base unit doesnt correspond to the system booklet The top vertical connections back of base unit are marked from the No sound from 2 rear speakers on a surround sound setting top cntr lfe pink rear purple s pdif-yellow No sound from 2 rear speakers on a surround sound setting The leads are unhelpfully BLUE GREEN and YELLOW so do not match Also the yellow jack is too small to take any lead The horizontal set of below are coloured yellow green and blue Yellow has a microphone symbol green has a quot tree quot symbol above it as has the blue Help please so that I can get all the speakers working as they should with the sub woofer switch in channel position quot Well I sent this email to the PC supplier and talked to them on the phone they confirmed that connections OK and sound card fitted to operate channl sound Checked Sound properties in Control panel and even the test zone dialogue box tests all speakers as OK but still no sound from rear speakers on the channel position All they could offer was for me to send speakers back to them for replacement Before I do this i am wondering if there is anything else I could try It seems like an odd gremlin if it is a faulty channel switch on the sub woofer help anyone many thanks Woodcutter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-2-rear-speakers-on-a-surround-sound-setting.303577/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an issue can't hear sound out of speakers, yet can out my headphones, everything is up to date. What could cause the sound to go from the speakers and no it is not muted.

When I pull out my headphones I can't hear no sound yet when I am using my headphones I can hear sound.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2039 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 273953 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0GD366
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:No sound from Laptop speakers, but can hear sound out headphones

The following may work but it applies to Windows Vista (I don't have XP any more), so it may be a little different for yours:

Control Panel > Sound > Speakers > Properties > Advanced > Restore Defaults

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-laptop-speakers-but-can-hear-sound-out-headphones.1026860/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have recently got some dj software but cannot get separate sounds through my headphones and speakers. any ideas? N.B i am no computer wizz!

A:How do i get 2 channel sound to have different sound thru headphones & speakers?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There isn't an easy way of doing this and I'm not sure it's even possible; getting the speakers and the headphones to work at the same time is a big enough of a challenge!

How exactly are your speakers and headphones plugged in? One in front audio out and one in back audio out...?

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/278088-how-do-i-get-2-channel-sound-have-different-sound-thru-headphones-speakers.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,

I am having a problem with the sound from my speakers when I play CD's, I have a CD-ROM and a CD/DVD Burner. The problem happens in both the CD-ROM and the CD/DVD-Burner. THe problem only happens when CD's are played other music files on my computer play without a problem . The speakers aren't the problem, because they are brand new and this problem happened on another set of speakers. There are no resource conflicts in Device manager, and I have the most recent XP signed driver. Anyone know what can be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Duncan

A:Choppy Sound - Problem with sound from Speakers

Hi, dacarta74!

Will you describe the problem, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-sound-problem-with-sound-from-speakers.230450/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Lenovo S10-3 Netbook, running on Win7 starter.

It has been running fine unil a few days ago, when the built in speakers no longer play any sound. Works fine with earphones or exernal speakers, but not internal speakers.

Drivers are all up to date, and audio/sound settings are all set to full.

And according to the speaker and sound card 'properties' - "This device is working properly."

What can i do?

A:No sound from built in speakers, but sound from headphones

Do you get sound with the external speakers unplugged?? Usually laptops will disable the built in speakers while external speakers are being used...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/99524-no-sound-built-speakers-but-sound-headphones.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I am pretty stumped with this one.

I upgraded my office to windows 7 32bit pro. 10 computers all the same, but one of them has audio issues.

When I play the sample music the volume bar shows the equalizer bouncing like it is sending out audio, but any speakers I plug into it produce no sound.

I have tried: different speakers, different jacks, 4 on the back 1 on the front, updating the audio driver, windows updates, rebooting, and yelling and now I am out of ideas.

When I use a usb based headphone I can get sound.

it lists the default sound device as a S/pdif high definition audio device...
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

A:The volume bar shows sound but no sound through speakers.

re: S/pdif high definition audio device

That's the digital output, you won't get any sound with that. Does it show "Speakers" listed in the same Window?

Right click on the Microsoft speaker icon in the taskbar, select playback devices, if you have Speakers listed, single left click on them and select "Set Default".

If you don't have speakers listed, make sure you have a pair of speakers plugged into the light green audio jack in the back then open the playback devices window as above... right click in the middle of the window and enable both "show disconnected/disabled devices".

Any speakers showing up yet?

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/128479-volume-bar-shows-sound-but-no-sound-through-speakers.html
Relevancy 75.68%

GA- GPA-UD H rev GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM - GA- GPA-UD H rev Note Simultaneous Yamaha receiver sound HDMI - output output no Gigabyte to output for Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output DVI-D and HDMI is not Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output supported What I'm trying to do is output just my sound to the receiver via HDMI cable but still use the DVI to my monitor for video From the note above taken from the MB specs sounds like this is not possible This is new business to me and wondering Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output how others do this seems little information I can find I am ordering a HDMI to DVI cable so I can disconnect the DVI cable from the computer and instead run both video and sound through HDMI to the receiver then the video to the monitor Hoping this works If all fails then I am relegated to separate digital through S PDIF optical link to my receiver According to the experts this is less than ideal since now the multi-channel dolby and DTS signals can only be received via HDMI Wondering if I get a Blu-ray player for my computer how this is going to all work out Hoping that HDMI to DVI cable does the trick Anyone with experience with this kind of set-up and the aforementioned hardware greatly appreciated And Happy NEW YEAR

A:Gigabyte HDMI output to Yamaha receiver - no sound output

As you have a separate video card, its capabilities should determine how the video works, not the motherboard. The video is routed to the video card.

If you had some type of integrated Video on the motherboard then the motherboard's specs would apply. For example, I have an Intel i7 3770 CPU and this model has built in Intel HD4000 video which is routed to motherboard video connectors and thus the motherboard would determine how the video is distributed. However, I'm using a separate video card and thus that determines how video is distributed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/271681-gigabyte-hdmi-output-yamaha-receiver-no-sound-output.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello Just as a disclaimer this is the first time that I ve used this cite so I apologize in advance for any informalities or just overall dimwittedness So for starters I am even shows an No though to manager output sound headphones output Solved: - not a technologically illiterate person having been a computer user for the majority of my life My current set up is the Solved: No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output Levovo Y gaming laptop i ll include the specs below which is running windows So let me explain the situation to you I have an hdmi output to my monitor which is being used to transmit audio and video to my external speakers which are connected to the aux imput on my monitor So essentially i never both the intergrated speakers and touchscreen display on the laptop itself rather I use the audio output to my speakers and the video output to my monitor However Solved: No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output occasionally when I hop on skype or use spotify I feel the need to use my PC headphones which Solved: No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output are the razer kracken headset which has an integrated microphone and therefore is connected to one sole port on the laptop itself Basically when I choose to use the headphones as an audio output I go to the playback devices under sound management and change the default communications and default device to the newly-plugged in headphones which is listed under the playback devices as the standard quot SPEAKERS - REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE quot which I presume is the output for the laptop itself Previously upon changing these options the audio would then come out of the headphones as opposed to the speakers However in an attempt to clean my monitor today I merely unplugged the hdmi ac power cord and aux cord from the back of my monitor cleaned the device and plugged everything back into the monitor same as before Now however when I repeat the same steps listed above changing the sound options to the different default communications device and default device the playback devices lists the quot SPEAKERS - REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE quot as having a playback as indicated by the green volume bar differntiating itself however the sound does not come out in neither the speakers on the laptop itself the headphones or the external speakers connected to the monitor However when changing the playback device back to the alternative option the one used for output to my external speakers the output works just fine I m well aware that the issue is not my headphones they re still relatively new - months old and I have also tested this with two other headphones just to make sure Additionally I have researched alternative fixes to the problem such as going to computer management- gt services and applications- gt services- gt windows audio which seems to be the most frequently suggested course of action however this method of stopping starting and resetting the feature has still resulted in no change All of my computers drives are still up to date as I performed a recent windows update not before the issue arose however so that is likely not the issue and I have not downloaded any malicious programs on this computer If there was something that I missed that may be important in further explaining my problem feel free to let me know so that I might further elaborate and potentially help to find a resolution Thank everyone so much in advance as this is an issue which I would severely prefer to have roll over Lenovo Y s Specs although likely irrelevant to this discussion Intel i CPU HQ at GHz GeForce GTX M GPU GB RAM Windows OS TB HDD Internal GB SSD Internal ATTACHED PERIPHERALS Corsair K RGB Keyboard Two USB connections USB four-way splitter One USB connection Xbox Wireless Controller adapter One USB connection Razer Tiapan Wired mouse One USB connection Dell S L quot Monitor w HDMI VGA AUX and AC ... Read more

A:Solved: No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output

1 Welcome to Tech Support Guy
2 re your disclaimer - no need for any apologies, but your post is a little difficult to read, we would have been better with separation of the main points by paragraph spacing. However I think I have the situation
3. Lets start with the basic possible causes.
4. I do not know that monitor but the jack for the speakers is connected to the audio from HDMI input is it the 3.5mm just in case there is another jack socket
5. Please see screenshot and check levels
as if volume is right down there will of course be no sound
6. I cannot understand why the headphones are shown as the Realtek speakers they are I thought usually shown as second ouptut

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-output-to-headphones-even-though-sound-manager-shows-an-output.1146711/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello Just as a disclaimer this is the first time that I've used this cite so I apologize in advance for any informalities or just overall dimwittedness So for starters I am not a technologically illiterate person having been a computer user for the majority of my life My current set up is the Levovo Y gaming laptop i'll include the specs below which is running windows So let me explain the situation to you I have an hdmi output to my monitor which is being used to transmit audio and video to my external speakers which are connected to the aux imput on my monitor So essentially i never both the intergrated speakers and touchscreen display on the laptop itself rather I use the audio output to my speakers and the video output to my monitor However occasionally even output an output sound shows to though headphones No manager - when I hop on skype or use spotify I feel the need to use my PC headphones which are the razer kracken headset which has an integrated microphone No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output and therefore is connected to one sole port on the laptop itself Basically when I choose to use the headphones as an audio output I go to the playback devices under sound management and change the default communications and default device to the newly-plugged in headphones which is listed under the playback devices as the standard SPEAKERS - REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE which I presume is the output for the laptop itself Previously upon changing these options the audio would then come out of the headphones as opposed to the speakers However in an attempt to clean my monitor today I merely unplugged the hdmi ac power cord and aux cord from the back of my monitor cleaned the device and plugged everything back into the monitor same as before Now however when I repeat the same steps listed above changing the sound options to the different default communications device and default device the playback devices lists the SPEAKERS - REALTEK HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE as having a playback as indicated by the green volume bar differntiating itself however the sound does not come out in neither the speakers on the laptop itself the headphones or the external speakers connected to the monitor However when changing the playback device back to the alternative option the one used for output to my external speakers the output works just fine I'm well aware that the issue is not my headphones they're still relatively new - months old and I have also tested this with two other headphones just to make sure Additionally I have researched alternative fixes to the problem such as going to computer management- gt services and applications- gt services- gt windows audio which seems to be the most frequently suggested course of action however this method of stopping starting and resetting the feature has still resulted in no change All of my computers drives are still up to date as I performed a recent windows update not before the issue arose however so that is likely not the issue and I have not downloaded any malicious programs on this computer If there was something that I missed that may be important in further explaining my problem feel free to let me know so that I might further elaborate and potentially help to find a resolution Thank everyone so much in advance as this is an issue which I would severely prefer to have roll over Lenovo Y 's Specs although likely irrelevant to this discussion Intel i CPU HQ at GHz GeForce GTX M GPU GB RAM Windows OS TB HDD Internal GB SSD Internal ATTACHED PERIPHERALS Corsair K RGB Keyboard Two USB connections USB four-way splitter One USB connection Xbox Wireless Controller adapter One USB connection Razer Tiapan Wired mouse One USB connection Dell S L Monitor w HDMI VGA AUX and AC outputs Logitech Z twin computer speakers connected to the aux input on the monitor HDMI splitter which is attached to the monitor I use my monitor for my PS PS my Y and other irrelevant thing... Read more

A:No output to headphones - even though sound manager shows an output

Welcome,
My speed in W8 is much less than my speed in W7 but I'm wondering what would happen if you were to do a cold boot with everything plugged in. In the past the system does an inventory of connected devices when it boots. Sometimes on a warm boot it reads the cached inventory. Maybe . . . .

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573488/no-output-to-headphones-even-though-sound-manager-shows-an-output/
Relevancy 74.39%

i just bought the logitech z-640's

logitech 640's

all i have left is 20 bucks to complete this computer i am building....
so i narrowed it down to 3 sound cards. i just want to watch a dvd movie in surround sound with the 640's.

this chaintech says it supports dolby digital 5.1...
chaintech

but look at this aopen
aopen

it says it has all these special features...but doesnt even mention anything about dolby digital...will i be able to watch dvd's in surround sound with the aopen?

i am soooo lost please help...o yeah... i also found this powmax
powmax

what will sound better with the 640's? i know the cards are cheap i guess...but all i got is AROUND $20... the chaintech says it supports dolby digital...but doesnt have as much features as the aopen....the aopen has many features... but doesnt support dolby digital...what to do?

Relevancy 73.53%

I am trying to create a sound effect for my dj mixing software but the only way the program accepts the effect if its in the .dll format. My effect is .mp3 is there any way I can convert it.

I think it has something to do with java. I downloaded the SDK kit for my Windows XP.

Any help would be apreciated.

Relevancy 73.53%

i want to change my wav music files just a couple so it sounds like the chipmunks and goes faster. any software to do that? thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-sound-effect.243942/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I just installed a used sound card that I got from a friend free a Soundblaster Live Value card Before I had a cheap SB card D or something Anyway I removed my old card from device manager and then I turned off the computer and took the old card out and put the new one in Then I switched the computer back on it gave me some grief about the drivers and such but I speakers -- thru card with sound new no sub sound fixed that and device manager now says its fine Also before with my old card I just had the card appear on Device Manager and that was it Now I have this new tree appear that says quot Miscallaneous Creative Devices quot and under that is quot Creative Multimedia Interface quot and quot Creative SB Live SB Emulation quot I don t know what those are Then under quot Sound Video and Game Controllers quot I have the quot SB Live Value quot card new sound card -- no sound thru speakers with sub show up I don t know why new things appeared when I only installed the sound card but whatever Device Manager says there are no problems conflicts whathaveyou Everything looks fine and I have the little volume control thing new sound card -- no sound thru speakers with sub on the taskbar as well as quot SB Live Mixer quot on there I used to have that with my old card but it had a different name but the same icon Anyways I started up Winamp and played an MP but there s no sound coming from my Boston Acoustic Speakers which have a subwoofer I have the setup where you plug the subwoofer into the soundcard and then the two speakers are connected to the sub they also make no noise when theyre turned up which they usually make a buzzing noise and yes they re turned on This worked fine before Anyway I was messing with it and I plugged in headphones into the Line In plug on the card and they work But still no sound from the speakers I get no errors when I try to play my Mp s on winamp but there is still no sound It s like it s muted but it isn t muted I checked Any ideas I ve tried everything rebooting checking all sound levels etc etc Help Thanks -Liz nbsp

A:new sound card -- no sound thru speakers with sub

Welcome to techsupportguy smoothcrimin
I think that you might have a problem with drivers ... Basically using the old SB drivers with the new SB card. It's normal to have a new entry in Device Manager ( why creative labs makes it , i really don't know). Try and remove all the entries in Device Manager ( SB wise) , restart in Safe Mode( if you have win98 or win ME , for win2k or XP is a different story) and do the same thing. Power down , then go ahead move the card to a different slot. Power up and install the lastest drivers for SB ( from www.soundblaster.com )
HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-sound-card-no-sound-thru-speakers-with-sub.80266/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me please? My volume is always playing at 100% but the sound coming out of my speakers is probably half of that. The speakers that I'm using is the "High Definition Audio Device". And I have enhanced the "Loudness equaliser" but it's still the same. Thanking you in advance Reena 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Low-sound-50-60-of-sound-playing-out-my-speakers/td-p/5619509
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok my computer has onboard sound from the mobo, but I have not speakers so how do i get the sounds to play through the headphones I have?

A:Sound with out sound card or speakers.

Plug the headphones into the green audio port on the back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-with-out-sound-card-or-speakers.56010/
Relevancy 73.1%

Recently I have been having trouble with my laptop Let me say this first but my laptop is probably the worst in the world because of the many things it has done to me and also it's small amount of RAM Recently my laptop had crashed probably due to using all it's RAM and when it had finally No Sound Sound Headphone but Through Speakers Through finished booting up It was running normally There was sound coming through the speakers in the front When I had plugged in my headphones there was no sound coming through them Now I have encountered this problem before and it has fixed itself a couple of days later when I had left it running In the past and recently I have tried restarting my sound services via Microsoft Management Console updating my drivers disabling No Sound Through Headphone but Sound Through Speakers the speaker and enabling it and even restarting my computer and nothing works Is there a way to fix this without waiting for a couple of days to fix itself or how to prevent this from happening again once it's fixed I would really like to know

A:No Sound Through Headphone but Sound Through Speakers

If you go to Control Panel, Sound, Playback after plugging in your microphone, are your headphones shown as installed?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/300455-no-sound-through-headphone-but-sound-through-speakers.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Everything has been working fine with my computer forever and I have always had sound with no problem. Late last night I decided to stay up late and to not wake anyone else up I used a pair of headphones to listen to late night radio via the internet. The headphones worked great. When I was done for the night I turn the computer off per usual, though having unconnecting my headphones from the speakers.

This morning when I got up and turn my computer on I had no sound coming from my speakers. I do have sound from the headphones. I have no idea what is causing this and definitely have no idea how to fix it. Can someone here help please????

GQ

A:No sound from speakers-sound from headphones

I meant to say that I have XP HOme Edition.

GQ

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-from-speakers-sound-from-headphones-73859.html
Relevancy 73.1%

So the same thing happens to me. I'm listening to music while I work. I make a call and plug in a headset so people can understand me better on Skype. Then unplug headset to listen to music again, there is no sound. I can open a new browser and continue listening (jango.com). Built in speakers on a laptop. So all the suggestions above about 'is the volume muted?', 'are the speakers plugged in?', 'did the speakers get damaged?' yada yada, all don't apply. Anybody know how to get that browser to play again? I even close the tab and repopen jango in another, doesn't help. Can't play youtube, etc. All sound from that browser session is going to oblivion. Where do I set it to go back to speakers?

Thanks.

A:No sound from speakers-sound from headphones

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

We need to find out if this is a browser problem or something with your pc. Do you get sound with any installed media players, eg, Windows Media Player, Vlc, etc....?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-from-speakers-sound-from-headphones-485377.html
Relevancy 73.1%

First, let me say that I am a sound novice! I recently started a vinyl ripping project. My onboard sound does not support 24 bit depth recording at 96 kHz sampling rate, so I purchased an external USB card with phono preamp. It works just fine for my project. But as long as external sound card is plugged into a USB port, it takes control of all sound. I'd like to be able to toggle back to my onboard audio when I'm not ripping vinyl so I can listen through my system speakers. I have experimented with Windows audio controls, but have not found a way to do this. Is it possible?

A:Switching between onboard sound and external sound card

Did you check whether there was a switching option in the BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/389485-switching-between-onboard-sound-external-sound-card.html
Relevancy 73.1%

PLEASE HELP ME IN SOLVING THE LESS SOUND EFFECT FROM MY COMPAQ PRESSES C-700 -WINDOW VISTA HOME BASIC 32 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM NOTE BOOK Also please guid me how can I upgrade this window to the best suitable latest window available I mean Window 7 / window -8 / window 10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/less-sound-from-speaker-amp-no-sound-from-external-head/td-p/5710374
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey guys,
I just recently bought a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit external sound card to connect my 5.1 speaker set into. I plug the Sound Blaster into my laptop which runs Windows Vista Business.
I have been able to get all the speakers working with the Windows drivers installed using the "Virtual Sound" option (Control Panel -> Sound -> Speakers -> Enhancements.) Windows tests all speakers correctly also.
However, when I install the updated Creative drivers it will continue to use only 2 speakers even with DVD's etc... even though Windows understands I am using 5.1
I would just leave it without the Creative drivers, however I need them in order to record audio properly through its inputs.
Has anyone else encountered this, or know how to fix this? Damn Vista always causing problems
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-live-24-bit-external-no-surround-sound.575447/
Relevancy 73.1%

The Conexant HD Audio Sound Driver was replace by High Definition Audio Device after i update to Windows 10 Home Version 1511 from 1011

Now if i want to plug my earphones to the left side of the computer where the audio jack socket is located the sound does not transfer to my earphones except i will change the default sound device from speakers to headphones.
How can i set it to automatically when i plugin my headphones/earphones/external speaker automatically transfer the sound to this device without changing the settings?

And also SmartAudio in the Control Panel is not working ether it says "Failed To Initialize SmartAudio The Application will now exit" Error message.

How can i fix this?

A:Sound does not transfer to the External Sound devices Automatically

The first thing that needs to be done is get the correct sound driver from Toshiba. If it came with Windows 8.1, the 8.1 driver is valid for Win 10. If it came with Windows 7, install the Win 7 driver in a Win 7 compatibility mode (what I did on my Toshiba Satellite) to get it working.

The "High Definition Audio" driver is a generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34936-sound-does-not-transfer-external-sound-devices-automatically.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello,

I am having distortion issues with my HP Pavilion ze4547wm laptop.

My audio from the laptop speakers seems to sound good, but when I plug the laptop into my home sound system, my music sounds very basse and distorted.

I checked the device manager, but the sound card( ALi Audio Wave ) seems to be working properly

The same with the codecs, or do I have too many? IMA ADPCM Audio Codec
Microsoft ADPCM Audio Codec
Microsoft CCITT G.711 Audio Codec
Microsoft GSM 6.10 Audio Codec
DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM) Audio Codec
msg723.acm
Windows Media Audio Codec
Sipro Lab Telecom Audio Codec
Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec
Microsoft PCM Converter

Thanks for your attention to this matter. I use this laptop at youth sporting events for sound effects and music.

A:Distorted sound from laptop to External sound system

make sure you've plugged from laptops line out not headphone out
if this is not available turn the volume out on laptop down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/distorted-sound-from-laptop-to-external-sound-system.628723/