Windows Support Forum

Acer Laptop not booting

Q: Acer Laptop not booting

hi guys,
having a major issue with my acer 9303 laptop. It just went dead. The power button illuminates, hdd light flickers twice but cannot get past that point. DVD drive has power and will eject, when I plug in a usb mouse, that illuminates aswell, which means that power seems to be going through ok, but no fan noise. Luckily I have this netbook that I am using in the meantime.

I have carried out the following:-
a. swapped the hdd from the netbook to the acer, no change.
b. upgarded the ram to 2 gig a year ago, so swapped back to the original ram, no change
c. tried with battery, without battery, direct power from plug, etc, no change.
d. if I keep my fingers pressed on the power button which is illuminated, it switches off after a few seconds
any ideas ? much appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Laptop not booting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer Laptop not booting

anyone on this pls ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-not-booting.843814/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have an Acer Aspire 5520-5334 with winvista
When i boot up with the charger in, i go to the windows error recovery screen.
It says that the windows had failed to start.
It lists options for startup.

Safe Mode
Safe mode with networking
(etc)

When i choose any of these options, it continues to boot up. Then, the system shuts down again.
Its shuts down at various times, sometimes at the window loading screen, sometimes at the error recovery screen.
Once i made it to my desktop before it crashed.
I think its just out of batteries, but im running my laptop plugged in.
Is it a hardware problem?
Help Please!

A:Acer Laptop not booting up.

You have most likely an impacted or damaged hard drive. So you need to find a real Windows Vista dvd to boot to, which of course you don't have and that is part of the reason laptops are so inexpensive now, and as you approach the install you will see repair options at the bottom of the screen including startup repair and hard drive repair etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-not-booting-up.976245/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an Acer 1640z
I can't boot from the CD ROM
I've checked the BIOS - the first device it should boot to should be the CD Drive
But it just doesn't want to know
I've tried several different discs now - nothing works

Is there a special key to press?
I've tried F8, nothing
F2: takes me to BIOS
Anything else?

What could be the problem?
I want to install Ubuntu to try out - if I don't get anywhere, is there any other way I can install withouth booting from a CD?

Thanks
OM

A:Trouble booting from CD on Acer laptop

There are two methods. The first is a virtual machine, which will let you test in a virtual environment whilst within Windows, but performance is not representative as you only use virtualised hardware. Fortunately, there's a way of installing Ubuntu on your hard drive from within Windows: Wubi.

http://wubi-installer.org/

Give that a try.

The best thing about it is that if you find you don't like Ubuntu and want to remove it, all you do is go to Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features and uninstall it through there. Have fun!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-booting-from-cd-on-acer-laptop.874763/
Relevancy 63.21%

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

Basically, my sister's (rather new) Acer laptop has been having some problems... When Windows had loaded, it said there has been an error and it had to restart. It couldn't be booted in safe mode either. I tried the restore option which said it would wipe everything and reinstall Windows, but now when I try to load it up I get an error saying "Windows has failed to install" and it restarts to try again. None of the options are working (safe mode, debugging, etc.)

Oh, and there are no sort of installation CD's. Just 2 that had to be made when it was first used, "Recovery" disc 1 & 2. They couldn't be loaded ofc.

Is there anything at all I can do?
Willing to provide more information if necessary
Thank you.

A:Acer Laptop Not Booting Properly.

Hello, when the computer fails to load does a blue screen pop up?

Looks like this:
Code:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2z6i939.jpg
If so there is a code under technical information, use the picture above as a guide and write it down on a piece of paper and post it back here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-not-booting-properly.888743/
Relevancy 62.35%

As I boot up the laptop it goes to the Acer screen, then ot the Windows didnot start properly last time then to Windows XP home edition window but then back to Acer window and so on.....
Can you help ?

A:Acer Laptop Travelmate 240 booting up problem

Hello Ramesh Suri

I think you will need an XP installation CD to fix this. If you do not have one, borrow one just to run this fix.

Then
Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.
Set the boot order to
Floppy (if present)
CDROM
Hard Disk
SAVE and EXIT

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
Bootcfg /Rebuild
ENTER

The exact wording will depend on your setup, but after a few moments you'll see a prompt that says something like:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add Installation To Boot List?

Assuming the information you see is correct, enter
Y
Bootcfg will start the process of rebuilding the boot list to include the indicated Windows installation

After a moment, you'll be asked to "Enter Load Identifier."
This is the name of the operating system that will appear in boot menus.
Type
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
or
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
(whichever your system is)
ENTER
Next you'll be asked to "Enter OS Load Options."
For normal installations, enter
/Fastdetect
ENTER

Type
Exit
to leave the Recovery Console and reboot the PC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-laptop-travelmate-240-booting-up-problem-473425.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Everyone I have an Acer V - - laptop preloaded with Win which Acer booting (HDD Win 8.1 data intact) not Laptop has been upgraded to I have Win 8.1 Acer Laptop not booting (HDD data intact) no issues with this laptop until this occurrence I had just created a new user account and it was in the middle of setting up the profile when I seemed to have a BSOD not entirely sure as I had turned away and only caught a glimpse of screen and a countdown in form It shut off and when it restarted it remained on the Acer splash screen with no spinning dots After that point I suspected something may have happened to the HDD so I DL a USB copy of ubuntu to check that files were intact and they were So I started doing research and trying out solutions such as DL and creating a bootable USB win Install I ran all tests through that Auto repair failed after hours and chkdsk through CMD was aborted by me after hrs the ETA was something like hrs If you would like I can list what I've done but bear in mind I tried alot of different solutions I looking to go about this in a structured form Its been very frustrating but I'm patient as well I would like to extend my deepest gratitude for any help you all can provide BTW I have played around in the BIOS and switched around between UEFI and legacy to try different options In legacy I get the PXE-E Media test failure check cablePXE-M F Exiting broadcom PXE Romno bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

A:Win 8.1 Acer Laptop not booting (HDD data intact)

For some reason, I would say that your laptop hardware isn't compatible with Windows 8.1 and you may have to downgrade and restore your laptop back to Windows 8 in order to sustain normal use.

Are you able to access the Advanced Startup Menu?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593178/win-81-acer-laptop-not-booting-hdd-data-intact/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Everyone I have an Acer V - - laptop preloaded with Win which has been upgraded to I have no issues with this laptop until this occurrence I had just created a new user account and it was in the middle of setting up the profile when I seemed to have a BSOD data not 8.1 Win intact) booting Acer Laptop (HDD not entirely sure as I had turned away and only caught a glimpse of screen and a countdown in form It shut off and when it restarted it remained on the Acer splash screen with no spinning dots After that point I suspected something may have happened to the HDD so I Win 8.1 Acer Laptop not booting (HDD data intact) DL a USB copy of ubuntu to check that files were intact and they were So I started doing research and trying out solutions such as DL and creating a bootable USB win Install I ran all tests through that Auto repair failed after hours and chkdsk through CMD was aborted by me after hrs the ETA was something like hrs If you would like I can list what I've done but bear in mind I tried alot of different solutions I looking to go about this in a structured form Its been very frustrating but I'm patient as well I would like to extend my deepest gratitude for any help you all can provide BTW I have played around in the BIOS and switched around between UEFI and legacy to try different options In legacy I get the PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting broadcom PXE Rom no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71581-win-8-1-acer-laptop-not-booting-hdd-data-intact.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I have a windows XP (No Discs) Acer laptop which when booting - comes up with the Acer logo and then start windows in Safe mode, normally etc

any selection , brings up the Windows XP log and then a couple of bars on the progress bar
then re-starts with acer logo and starts all over again

Any suggestions

Relevancy 61.92%

So I have a acer aspire 7520 laptop running Windows 7 2 gigs RAM 160 gig hard drive any way I boot it up all the lights come on fan comes on but screen stays black about 4 or 5 seconds in it shuts off and does it again and just keeps repeating this untill I turn it off.
I have researched this and tried everything I have read and nothing works.

A:Acer laptop starts booting then stops and turns off

Have you tried clearing CMOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-starts-booting-then-stops-and-turns-off.148187/
Relevancy 48.16%

My acer aod250 says "Check cable connection..! PXE-E63: Error while initializing the NIC. PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key."
I have no bootdisk or cd drive. I've gone to the setup utilities and have been booting it from there for over a year but it doesn't work anymore.
I need help, please!
(acer support won't help me)

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello there occassional lurker first time poster hopefully someone here will be able to help I ve been setting my laptop to dual boot xp pro and Ubuntu on a seperate partition All was going well until xp pro. crashes booting Dual booting laptop xp decided to die altogther I don t have that error to hand but it s gone a little further now Was going to install xp pro on a rd partition and it started up fine Now I can boot fine to Ubuntu and the nd version of xp However the original xp is still having issues Now when booting up gets BSOD - bad pool caller Code at the end is x c x x CD x x F E FC Everything I ve read suggests this is Dual booting laptop crashes booting xp pro. talking about a hardware or software conflict However I ve not installed any new hardware I suspect there is a software conflict between the two versions of xp but I can t see how that can happen I can boot into the st copy of xp in safe mode however explorer exe fails to start up Tried running it in task manager to no avail I forgot to add - I am using GNU GBRUB to boot between the operating systems EDIT Tried it again to boot st xp in safe mode - new error for windows product activation - a problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the licence for this computer error code x nbsp

A:Dual booting laptop crashes booting xp pro.

Are these installations of XP Pro on the two partitions diferent install disks with separate key codes?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-laptop-crashes-booting-xp-pro.484046/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm trying to boot up my daughters Acer but it's proving difficult it keeps going to start up repair process and either just stays on a bank screen or sends me to Homegroupe and asked for my password that I haven't a clue what it is I've haven't got any diagnostic cds or anything as it's just happened yesterday It will not let me boot Acer not booting Aspire up up in safe mode I selected disable auto restart so that I could read the blue screen and he is the message I get word for word ------------------- A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this Acer Aspire not booting up is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive curruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP X B XFFFFF A XFFFFFFFFC X X ----------------- Any Ideas

A:Acer Aspire not booting up

It seems you must load a fresh Copy of windows... I''ll recommand windows 7.
Or, in the worst case your hard disk is damaged

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531383/acer-aspire-not-booting-up/
Relevancy 47.73%

I updated in DOS mode, everything went fine.But when i restarted the PC, screen remained black Did a clear CMOS via jumper and removing the battery also. What else can i do? Is there some rescue mode that i could use to reflash the BIOS?Why are Acer PCs that sensible to BIOS updates, hat similar experiences some years ago, thought meanwhile the procedure is as safe as for other manufacturers :/

A:Acer Aspire XC-710 not booting after R01-A2.6M BIO...

is there maybe a parallel solution for Acer Desktop PCs like this one for Laptops?http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3088/~/aspire-one-a110-%2F-a150-powers-on-but-t...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-XC-710-not-booting-after-R01-A2-6M-BIOS-update/td-p/428600/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.73%

I have used the recovery discs on an Acer desktop. The computer will not boot up, the message being that Windows\system32\config\system is either missing or corrupt. Help please.

Relevancy 47.73%

I REFORMATTED MY ACER LAPTOP AND IT GIVES ME A ERROR MESSAGE "NTLDR IS MISSING, PRESS RESTART". WHEN I REFORMATT IT AGAIN USING THE ALT-F10 FEATURE, IT WENT THROUGHT THE FORMATTING BUT IT GIVES ME A ERROR MESSAGE SAYING " MISSING A FILE OR FILE IS OPEN". THE FILE IT GAVE ME WAS "C:\PRELOAD.TAG" SO, WHAT I NEED TO DO TO GET MY LAPTOP WORKING AGAIN. ALSO, I RIED THE RECOVERY DISKS AND MY BACKUP RECOVERY DISK AND ITS GIVING ME THE SAME MESSAGE. i APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME .

A:Acer not booting after reformatting

Checkout: http://soulpass.com/2007/11/10/inst...essional-sp2-on-acer-aspire-5315-2153-laptop/

It is a good article on how to install XP on an Acer laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-not-booting-after-reformatting.758749/
Relevancy 47.73%

This unit is not booting either off the HDD or the DVD drive [trying Puppy or Knoppix], I can only get into the BIOS, F12 doesn't show any boot options at all, the boot options are only showing in the BIOS, anything I can try please?

A:Acer Aspire E1-572 not booting

On a Windows 8 computer, make sure Secure Boot is disabled. Also disable FastBoot. If that does not work enable Legacy boot. It can also be called CSM boot.

Edit: For the problem of not being able to access the boot menu with F12 see this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566174/acer-aspire-e1-572-not-booting/
Relevancy 47.73%

At first it would just take a few power cycles and then it would come back nbsp VN7-791G not booting Acer Today I tried to restart it after Windows updates and it won't come back even after many hours of trying nbsp nbsp Symptoms are the lights come on fans spin up but nothing on the screen nbsp Doesn't even show the Acer splash screen can't get into BIOS nbsp If you listen closely you can hear the fans power down after seconds or so then the smaller of the two fans left side if you're looking down at the keyboard will spin up and down over and over I just hear a short little whirrrr sound then it spins down then back up etc nbsp Don't know if that means anything could just be the fan reacting to a tiny amount Acer VN7-791G not booting of heat from the vid card nbsp nbsp What I've done Acer VN7-791G not booting nbsp nbsp nbsp Did the power reset thing with the pin hole on the bottom nbsp Nothing nbsp nbsp Popped the keyboard up and disconnected the battery entirely nbsp No change nbsp First time I did this was a few months back but after a couple tries it booted up nbsp It doesn't get restarted very often but it seemed like every time it took a bit longer to get it to boot nbsp This time I don't think Acer VN7-791G not booting it's coming back nbsp When it was running it ran great nbsp Played games it didn't run hot at all no problems nbsp I never had it crash while running just this boot issue nbsp nbsp It's one of the early V Nitros came with Windows bit nbsp I hadn't yet upgraded it to nbsp My gut feeling is a bad BIOS nbsp Or the Motherboard itself nbsp But I'm posting here to see if there are any other suggestions people who had the same issue or whatever nbsp On a side note this will likely be my last Acer thanks to them telling me to wait and see after the initial call when it was in warranty and now they refuse to do anything since it's now out of warranty nbsp Thanks Acer that's great nbsp

A:Acer VN7-791G not booting

Had this issue with another laptop. Reseating the RAM fixed it. Try reseating your ram.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN7-791G-not-booting/td-p/415263
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I am trying to boot a Acer Aspire E1-531 Intel B960 2mb L3 cache 2.2 Ghz 6gb DDR3 ram500gb Hdd   for my friend as it had become slower and slower , it had tried to install windowns 10.but this did not work correctlyShe has brought it to me to have a look and all its doing is when you start it , I get scanning and reparing drive C and the windows circle spinning round furthest i have got it to is 45%then i get black screen reboots then shuts downI suspect corrupted OS or errors on discDo these laptops not come with support discs andNo win 8 keyI cant get into the firmware by pressing ESC or any of the F keysAny help please or does it look like I will need to install Win 8 from scratch I have a disc in 32 and 64 bit is this lappy 64 bitthanks

A:problems booting a Acer Aspire E1-531

Support/recovery disks-USB media must be created by user in the first days of use (normally a pop-up/reminder is triggered from system)windows key are embedded on BIOS, so it will automatically read by windows 10 or 8 if version matches (8 home- 10 home; 10 PRO - 8 PRO) Reading your report, it looks more an HDD issue but...can also be an OS issue too, as you mentioned. if you need a windows 8 media to boot and have an HDD/OS check:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/problems-booting-a-Acer-Aspire-E1-531/td-p/420273/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all knowledgable folk! My Acer has been working well for the year or so I've had it, however a couple of days ago things have been going wrong  Firstly, the touchpad has completely gone, does not respond at all and there is no cursor at all.  Secondly (might be related), when booting it frequently cycles through the Acer boot screen, restarting itself several times, until a Windows repair option displays, when accepting the defauly option of Restarting Windows 8.1, the PC will finally boot and I have no issues (apart from the touchpad) until I next need to boot.  Also, if the PC hibernates, it will not come out of this mode which then requires a hard reset. I've reinstalled Windows which has not helped, so I'm at a loss as to what do to next.  Any suggestions?  Maybe a BIOS update or something? Many thanks in advance all,

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-ES1-131-C3FQ-Booting-Issues/td-p/457724
Relevancy 47.3%

Basically what happens with is that once I hit the power button the Acer intro screen pops up by the way pressing F to go to Setup doesn t work apperantly as usual but the screen right after that forgive my ineptness as I don t know the specific name but it s that one screen with the quot quot blinking in the top left corner doesn t disappear in a matter of seconds as it normally does Instead after a while this text will come up quot not One Aspire loading/booting? Acer Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright C Acer Aspire One not loading/booting? - Intel Corporation For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v Check cable connection PXE-E Error while initializing the NIC PXE-M F Exiting Intel PXE ROM Acer Aspire One not loading/booting? quot After that appears nothing happens I could leave this up for an hour and it would stay this way I d appreciate it if someone could help me with this After all a good majority of my schoolwork is on there and I d rather not lose all that data Thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire One not loading/booting?

looks to me like its not finding your boot device (i.e hard drive) and its trying to boot from your network card first thing would be to open the case and reseat all cables going to your hard drive.. then try getting into the bios and see if its detected (usual keys are ESC / F1 /F2 / F12 / Delete) you could also try F8 at the acer screen and see if it brings up a boot device selector menu if its detecting your hard drive then plz reply and let us know and we can help you more from there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-not-loading-booting.1047982/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello folks I want to dual boot my windows vista machine with XP iT IS AN ACER LAPTOP and I need XP to install a program that does not run on vista I have already downloaded xp from the internet and currently it resides on the hard drive of the same machine My hard disk is already paritioned for dual booting I now need to burn XP to an emppty cd dvd so i can boot my Dual ACER with xp on booting vista laptop from it I understand that I need to configure my BIOS so I can be able to boot from cd dvd What is the exact procedure of doing this Meanwhile I have also downloaded a program called Pro Engineer wildfire and have tried installing it not necessarily on XP I immediately get a message saying quot parameter is incorrect quot after double clicking on the executable file for installation What is the cause and how can I remedy it I have already tried lessening directory strcture by relocating the program to a folder in my desktop I understand i installing kernel can help how does it work thanks

A:Dual booting vista with xp on ACER

Hello,

Where did you download Windows XP from. You won't get any help on this forum using

pirated software. It is against forum rules. Please see the rules.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-booting-vista-with-xp-on-acer-361193.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I found a guide on the internet explaining that by installing a linux distro i can restore my Acer Aspire (windows 7 home premium) back to default. I did it before about 4 months ago this same way and it worked fine. But now it says that the BOOT/BCD is invalid.
The only option i saw left was to download the official home premium x64 iso off the internet but my question is can I use my oem product key sticker to activate it?

I'm downloading it right now just in case it becomes a viable option...

A:Acer PQSERVICE Partiton not booting.

Have you tried pressing <Alt+F10> at boot up, to goto the Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for How to use Acer eRecovery

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220888-acer-pqservice-partiton-not-booting.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer Aspire that worked for about months and now will not boot through to Windows For a long time it would flash the green around the power make a weird noise and then quit After reading to OS 5520 Acer Not Booting Aspire some advice though I was finally able to get to the ACER splash screen Now when I turn the power on the ACER splash screen will load and I am able to get into my BIOS settings with F After that though a black screen with a blinking cursor underscore not mouse pointer in the top left hand corner What I have tried so far Pressing the Lock keys while at the black screen --My result The computer acknowledges these by their corresponding lights coming on Popping a CD in while at the screen --My result The Acer Aspire 5520 Not Booting to OS CD drive sounds like it is reading the CD but nothing happens on screen or audiolly Tried with software CD and music CD Putting a cordless mouse s usb stick in the usb drive --My result The mouse will light up which tells me the usb drive is working but nothing changes on screen Holding SHIFT to try to get sticky keys to come up --My result Nothing happens Typing Windows Key R c windows explorer exe to see if anything will happen from that screen --My result after quot L quot everything I type beeps nothing appears on the screen when typing I have tried typing miscellaneous other things as well but after a few words it just starts beeping with every key CTRL ALT DEL --My result The computer shuts off as soon as this combination is hit Booting with just power cord just battery and both --My result The same with any I have also verified the power cable works with another laptop Alt F to get to erecovery --My result The same black screen verified D D recovery enabled in BIOS Leaving it on the black screen for an hour --My result The screen still there Downloading a Windows Vista repair iso and burning to disc Setting boot to CD from F --My result Sounds like disc spins black screen with cursor appears and then screen goes blank and laptop turns off A motherboard analyzer from ebay --My result Code --FF appears can not find the manual to figure out what that means though About times instead of the black screen with the cursor it will say NVIDIA Boot Agent A line about NVIDIA copyright A line about Intel copyright Underscore cursor and then it will shut right off I can not figure out when these come up what is different than before Once and only once it came up with this after the ACER splash screen NVIDIA Boot Agent Copyright c - NVIDIA Corporation Copyright c - Intel Corporation PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent It stayed on for about seconds and then turned off I copied it as closely as I could knowing it would probably turn off but there are probably some missed punctuation words or mistyped numbers I do not really have any experience with all this behind-the-scenes hardware stuff but I can follow directions so if anyone has some helpful suggestions I would really really appreciate it Help After the above I connected an external CD drive to the laptop put the Windows recovery disk in it and set it to boot from that drive This time it went to the black screen with the cursor in the top left but then turned all black and said toward the bottom center something like Windows is loading files Before I got too excited though the laptop shut off nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5520 Not Booting to OS

A couple of things to try
1) As the PC starts Tap F8 - see if you get a menu appear - if so, select, with the arrow keys, safemode - see if that boots
2) You could try booting a virtual operating system - see if that loads at all - Ubuntu
UBUNTU
It may be possible to boot from another Operating System
This will at least test the Hardware

If you have another PC with a cdwriter and spare CD
goto http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download the ISO

full details are here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

click on the image "download ubuntu"
Select a location
then begin download
Save the file onto your PC &#8211; remember where you saved it &#8211; so you can find it again to create the image bootable CD.

You do NOT copy the ISO file onto a CD - you have to use the ISO to create a bootable CD
The CD creator software you have on the PC may have an option to create an image from an ISO
If not - use this free program http://www.imgburn.com/

When the UBUNTU CD boots - you will see the following options
1) Try ubunto without any change to your computer
2) Install ubuntu
3) Check CD for defects
4) Test memory
5) Boot from first hard disk.

Use OPTION 1 "Try ubunto without any change to your computer" ONLY this option this will run from the CD and not install onto your harddrive - be careful, if you do install onto the PC - you will wipe the data and software OFF your hard drive.., so repeat only use option 1

Now you should see a UBUNTU desktop
This at least proves the main parts of the PC are working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5520-not-booting-to-os.925287/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hie people ,i bought this acer aspire 5333 and it was running windows 7 and then i installed windows 8 preview and three days i go when i was repairing files ,it took so long than expected and i thought it has frozen so i forced it to shut down by press the power button for 5second and by the time i restart the machine it started to restarting automatically just after displaying the acer long and says press f2 to enter setup and if i press f2 nthng is coming up,and some have said use fn and f10 but non of these ideas seems not working,anyone with the help on how i can fix this problem or to totally reset the machine ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/acer-5333-booting-problem-610462.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i am trying to fix my dads laptop. whenever i turn it on it goes into the safe mode option screen. then if i do "start windows normally" then it goes to the windows boot screen and then flashes the blue screen of death for half a second so you cant read it, and then restarts and does the same thing over again. if you go into safe mode then it starts, well, going into safe mode with the white letters and everything. but then it just restarts. if you do "last known goo configuration" then it does the same thing as "start windows normally.

A:acer travelmate 4400 with xp pro sp2 not booting up!!!!

Cant you just reinstall windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-travelmate-4400-with-xp-pro-sp2-not-booting-up-251669.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My Acer AX3475 EF328 is not booting right now. When I press power, It beeps 2 short times and does not load past the Acer screen.I tried taking one ram stick out, switch them around it had the same problem. When I took both sticks out it it continously beeped. Taking out the HDD makes no differnce either, Taking out the CMOS battery, the fan goes to 100% and the computer does not load any screen. Side note, It had a booting problem a while ago, it would beep but not load past Acer screen. I took the CMOS battery out for a while and then put it back in, it booted fine, but its not working now. I don't know too much about computers, please hep me

A:Acer AX3475 EF328 NOT BOOTING

Hello, Have you replaced the CMOS battery?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-AX3475-EF328-NOT-BOOTING/td-p/430377/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

Upon initial boot, i am presented with two options: Start windows normally, which shows a split second of a blue screen then returns to the previous screen, or Launch Startup Repair, which brings me to a page that is stuck at "Windows is loading files." It doesnt do anything after that. I tried safe mode, Safe mode, i also tried Factory reset by hitting alt+f10 and that brings me to a blank black screen with a white dash in the upper left corner, and also does nothing after that. Nothing i have tried works. It either freezes or brings me back to the previous screen. I heard from a few friends it could be the BIOS or hard drive?

A:Acer Aspire One D255E Not booting

Well; have you tried doing a startup repair using the window disc? If not i would try doing that first and see what happens. As far as the hard drive goes; can you hear any unusual sounds coming from the hard drive like clicking etc? cause that could indicate that the drive is about to go south.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328974-acer-aspire-one-d255e-not-booting.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer about years old that shuts down while booting Windows Xp- Home It will sometimes give me an error message saying that the quot video driver failed to initialize quot then the acer booting while down shuts 3610 unit shuts down a couple of seconds later I can not boot in safe mode safe mode with command prompt safe mode with vga enabled or any other mode acer 3610 shuts down while booting I even tried to boot with a new hard drive with no OS installed got error message saying that there was no OS detected and the unit still shut down a couple of seconds after the message appeared I tried to boot from recovery disks that I bought directly from Acer with tha same result I even tried to run the eRecovery utility which got me as far as the windows logo with the scrolling bar under it appearing on the screne only to have the unit shut down a couple of seconds later As a last resort I tried the unit with no hard drive at all got the error message that there was no OS detected acer 3610 shuts down while booting and the unit still shut down acer 3610 shuts down while booting a couple of seconds later I checked the fan and it is running while the unit is on Any ideas of what might be the problem nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Got a acer travelmate 4670, I used it for 3 hours and came back after an hour to turn it on and its now freezed on the main acer screen and when I press F2 to enter bios setup it displays "please wait" and freezes there and nothing more happens. I tried refreshing ram and hd by removing and fitting it back but nothing still the same, I believe its a hardware fault. I'm using XP home edition. Is there a way that I can get it back to normal again??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-travelnate-4670-not-booting-up.1070749/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently used rufus 1.3.4 to put a bootable copy of windows xp home on a flash drive. My desktop recognizes's it and will boot from it but my acer aspire one netbook wont. Im confuse. If anyone takes the time to help i sincerely thank yo.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I have a acer aspire laptop, and I asume Acer eSettings Management should be on there.

A:Acer eSettings Management is not on my acer laptop

Hi ... It is the Launch Manager software you are looking ... Can be fond on the Acer Website under applications ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/370156-acer-esettings-management-not-my-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an Acer which we know the battery wasn t very good anymore It would charging/booting Solved: Acer not 5517 hold less than an hour s worth of charge so we typically would have it plugged Solved: Acer 5517 not charging/booting in when using it The past couple of Solved: Acer 5517 not charging/booting days it s been spotty about when it would actually quot charge quot when plugged in Well it finally stopped charging and while trying to figure it out the power went down to zero and won t boot anymore I tried without the battery and it does nothing I tried removing the battery and cord and held the power button for seconds as I read somewhere this quot clears out the RAM quot of any residual charge which I am not sure I believe I also uninstalled and scanned for quot Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery quot in device manager and that didn t fix it Any thoughts here on what this means Am I looking at a dead battery or charger or both I removed the battery and the laptop won t work with just the charger either the green light is lit on the charger so it s getting power I don t want to buy a new charger if you don t think that is the case Please let me know what I should try or check for It s a little difficult checking anything software related with a dead laptop Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Acer 5517 not charging/booting

Test the charger's voltage output with a DVM if you can, it should be close to the figure written on it or maybe a little higher which is ok.

If you can't do that a new charger should be quite cheap on Ebay.
It should work without a battery connected if the charger is working properly.

If a working charger makes no difference you could take a chance and buy a new battery or take it in to a repair shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-5517-not-charging-booting.1053130/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Yesterday I got a virus on an Acer Extensa laptop Said virus was turning on a fake antivirus whenever I opened a file which wanted me to pay a price for a quot cleanup quot I wasn t able to Acer Extensa 5235 booting problem turn anything on Luckily I managed to turn it off through msconfig and delete the virus files Right now however the laptop won t even turn on The Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting quot Acer quot screen goes on the flickers a few times in the upper left corner and the laptop resets I won t even get to a safe mode The notebook had minimal differences from the factory preset had Win Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting and worked until yesterday I have a OEM Win XP home CD at my disposal at the moment I have already tried Booting through BartPe and an iso image of Windows XP on an USB flashdisk To no avail I get to the BartPe layout but the BartPe file explorer shows no disks available Boot through the disk itself At first it didn t load with the error quot STOP X B xf d Xc X X quot which I was able to circumvent by transferring from a SCSI mode to IDE mode in BIOS When I installed Win XP however I had an error concerning a few uncopiable files described for example here - http forums penny-arcade com discussion cant-install-xp-from-any-disk-to-any-disk I skipped everything and the PC now resides in a quot minimal quot Win Xp preset With the former Win configuration of course absent I think I d be able to fix this if I found the MSCONFIG settings for the Windows I used before and which I mistakenly modified I probably turned off something that now blocks the system from starting Is it possible to do so through the new Windows Xp installation The former Win folder is untouched Win Xp runs from another folder Thank you very much for all help nbsp

A:Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting

I had to look up BartPE to see what it was but I think it's unlikely to save the day in your situation.

Assuming that your priority is to get Windows 7 back I'd first check that you have the Microsoft authorisation code for your copy. If it was pre-installed on the laptop there will be a hidden restore partition and you could try holding down the Alt key while tapping F10 to access it. Failing that option I'd download a Windows 7 SP1 ISO, burn it to disc, reinstall the OS and hope that there are no serious driver problems. Both options mean that everything you have installed and saved will be lost unless you have already made backups.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-extensa-5235-problem-booting.207441/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve searched quite extensively and have not been able to find somebody with windows Acer 7 problems- Booting 5741 a situation like this Here we go computer is acer aspire with windows bit my dad send me this computer to try and fix and he hasn t been Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741 very helpful with how the computer got to this point All I want to do is install a fresh copy of windows I have the acer system disc as well as the acer system restore discs I turn on the computer without a disc in the drive and I get a screen that says Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741 PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting broadcom PXE ROM BOOTMGR is missing Press control alt delete to restart With the system disc in the drive it loads the files needed to begin an install of windows and brings me to the point of choosing one of three options restore to factory defaults restore to previous point and exit I choose factory defaults it then asks for disc one I put it in then after trying to find the disc it ejects it and says to insert disc one again I don't understand why the dvd would pick up the system disc but not the restore disc I have physically cleaned the restore disc but that didn't help Any directions would be appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741

You don't need the disks, see Remarks By Doctor Inferno .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529983/booting-windows-7-problems-acer-5741/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an acer aspire m5630. Recently the monitor was black as if in sleep mode, only the PC won't wake up! After unplugging and holding power button for 30 seconds (per acer website) and starting up, nothing happens. The power comes on, the fan comes on and the activity light will flash for a few seconds and then it goes to sleep with only the power light on. I never even get a start up screen. What do I do now??

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire m5630 booting problems help!

Make sure that there's nothing plugged into the computer other than:
Power cable
Mouse
Keyboard
Video cable
Network cable (if using)

Then, If you can't get anything on the video, try another video card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-m5630-booting-problems-help-454125.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've replaced my Hdd for a larger Capacity as the old unit died.

When trying to boot and install Vista from my DVD. It does not run to install, yet if I put the DVD into my PC it will auto-run and try to install.

The boot order is Hdd, DVD, USB etc, etc.

Why will it not boot on the Acer yet it will on my PC.

Tried an XP DVD yet that will try to install on my Acer.

any clues as what I can do to make it boot or Re-burn a DVD with some mods.

thanks

A:Acer aspire 7520 Vista Gemstone- Booting

exceller said:

The boot order is Hdd, DVD, USB etc, Click to expand...

cd/dvd drive needs to be 1st

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7520-vista-gemstone-booting.886662/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, My Acer Aspire "AX3475 EF328" having troubles booting ( Is this the right model number) Right now, the computer is running fine. However after a few days/weeks it will need a full restart do to some problem (Internet not working usually, sometimes just running slow) So if I restart it or turn it off, It has a tough time booting up:1. Acer will beep one time and won't load past acer screen. or 2. Acer will beep two times and not load past acer screen. I usually unplug everything and plug everything back in a few times and sometimes it boots, or leave it unplugged/off for a few days. I don't understand the problem,I am using it right now is there a way to check while I have access?What is causing this problem? Thank you. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-quot-AX3475-EF328-quot-having-troubles-booting/td-p/433933/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, My Acer Aspire "AX3475 EF328" having troubles booting ( Is this the right model number) Right now, the computer is running fine. However after a few days/weeks it will need a full restart do to some problem (Internet not working usually, sometimes just running slow) So if I restart it or turn it off, It has a tough time booting up:1. Acer will beep one time and won't load past acer screen. or 2. Acer will beep two times and not load past acer screen. I usually unplug everything and plug everything back in a few times and sometimes it boots, or leave it unplugged/off for a few days. I don't understand the problem,I am using it right now is there a way to check while I have access?What is causing this problem? Thank you. 

A:Acer Aspire "AX3475 EF328" having troubles booting

Hello, Sorry for the delay! 2. Acer will beep two times and not load past acer screen.Two short beeps: CMOS damaged.CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss occurs. As you wrote: No, but I checked the voltage of the battery and it seems fine.First I would replace the CMOS battery (certainly CR2032).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-quot-AX3475-EF328-quot-having-troubles-booting/td-p/433933
Relevancy 46.44%

I am working on a PC for a Client. She intially gave it to me and i was geting some window errors, could not even boot in safe mode, Pulled hard drive. I can access from another PC. I can not get to the desktop or all, I get to the windows 7 screen and it starts to freeze up. She did not have the erecovery option as a partionon as an option, SO she said to order the discs. I ordered the discs and put the first one in, and it gets to ACER E Recovery Managment and stays there for about 2 hours nothing changes.

Im at a lost on what to do now. SHould I format the hdd and then run the recovery discs? Any help is appriciated.

A:ACER 5251 Not booting off of recoery Disc- WIN.SYS error

Update, I got it to a screen that says choose your restore type full restore, restore operating system and exit, ONLY EXIT IS ALLOWED TO BE CHOOSED????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-5251-not-booting-off-of-recoery-disc-win-sys-error-625330.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,Iam having an Acer Travelmate 5744z Laptop and it has Windows 7 installed.Yesterday i forgot to shutdown the laptop while i am going to sleep, and today morning when i turned it on it started to reume windows, then i've accidently pressed the power button and it just turned off. So i pressed the power button again and tried to turn on the system, but it showed something like "delete restoration data and proceed" so i've clicked on that, boom my laptop fell into bootloop.Current condition : Acer menu comes when pressing power button No BIOS options aka F2 Menu showing up, then a dash (-) comes on a black screen and then goes back to acer screen.If anyone knows fix please help me.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Travelmate 5744z Not booting, No Bios Option

If you put a install disk or system repair disk in the CD/DVD and start, there's a good chance it will boot from the disk. No need to go into Bios.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-Travelmate-5744z-Not-booting-No-Bios-Option/td-p/388429/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Heyas all

Been a while since i last posted here, but still the first place i come for answers
Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

My laptop (Acer Aspire 3054 Wxmi) decided to go belly up on me today. At first i thought it was the HDD, but even with a different drive in it still has the same problem. It picks up the drive in the bios, i've tried different ram, taken out the battery, and done everything else i could think of. No dice though, it refuses to boot. The only thing i noticed is that the HDD light keeps blinking, but it's not going anywhere. I'm assuming this is an error light, but i can't find anywhere to tell me what it means.

Hopefully someone with a little more experience could shed some light on my problem.

Thanks in advance
BW

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3054-error-lights-not-booting.662653/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,Iam having an Acer Travelmate 5744z Laptop and it has Windows 7 installed.Yesterday i forgot to shutdown the laptop while i am going to sleep, and today morning when i turned it on it started to reume windows, then i've accidently pressed the power button and it just turned off. So i pressed the power button again and tried to turn on the system, but it showed something like "delete restoration data and proceed" so i've clicked on that, boom my laptop fell into bootloop.Current condition : Acer menu comes when pressing power button No BIOS options aka F2 Menu showing up, then a dash (-) comes on a black screen and then goes back to acer screen.If anyone knows fix please help me.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Travelmate 5744z Not booting, No Bios Option

If you put a install disk or system repair disk in the CD/DVD and start, there's a good chance it will boot from the disk. No need to go into Bios.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-Travelmate-5744z-Not-booting-No-Bios-Option/td-p/388429
Relevancy 46.44%

My Acer aspire 5552 notebook shut itself down without warning and now it won't boot up. I am getting a blue power light and for a few secs the fan runs then seems to run very slow and I hear the CD drive trying to start but then it stops and I just have a black screen. I've been searching the internet the last few days for a solution but not found one yet . Here's what I have tried .....

* I removed battery and power cord and pressed power button for 30secs.

* I pressed Fn & ESC added power cord then pressed power button. The fan ran faster but still nothing only black screen.

* I've tried updating bios but won't even read the USB stick.

* Tried HDMI cable with TV still nothing.

* tested CMOS battery that's OK.

Are there any other suggestions please or is it unfixable

Many thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

Hay guys I am having trouble with installing vista business onto my laptop it's a custom build acer extensa I will list all it's hardware and original hardware below but it installs fine then when it restarts are 'completing installation' from the disk it gets to the green loading bars and freezes every time I have tried reinstalling vista times start up repair and nothing is working tried safe mode and come up with 'can't complete installation though safe mode please restart' and am at the end of my tearher with this laptop These are its specs Make acer Series extensa Model jz with reinstallation problems Vista attempts my booting after numerous acer CPU Intel core duo ghz duel core t original Intel Celeron ghz single core Vista booting problems with my acer after numerous reinstallation attempts GPU Intel's series ECF with mb ded video mem Ram x samsung gb DDR and x samsung gb DDR gb total original x samsung gb DDR HDD toahiba mk gsx Serial ATA at gb original gb WD Scorpio Blue Please note that with windows this laptop runs smooth and fine with no problems with this setup but with vista it just hangs at the green bars and stays there Any help would be apricitive thanks guys

A:Vista booting problems with my acer after numerous reinstallation attempts

Hi TodderzZz, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I would suggest wiping the hdd to remove the Windows 7 installation, then install the Vista Business.  Windows doesn't like to have an older operating system installed over a newer one.

To wipe the hdd you can use a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523973/vista-booting-problems-with-my-acer-after-numerous-reinstallation-attempts/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi

I have an Acer Travelmate 6492 laptop.

I tried to recover my original system, for that I went to eRecovery and choose the option to restore the laptop to the factory settings.

After that it restarted and from there I'm not able to boot.

I have my recovery DVD's. I have already tried to boot with them. Everything goes fine, it installs the system and everything. But when it restarts it just doesn't boot. After the screen that shows the CPU information, etc. I just receive a blank screen nothing else.

I have tried also booting with Ubuntu. Did some lilo stuff to repair the MBR. I have tried booting with Win7 also and tried to repair the MBR but nothing seems to work.

I hope there is someone there who can help me!

Irshad

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all good day!
I have problem with my Acer G1610 Intel Celeron 2.60Ghz, i'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 7 new hardisk but i can't get it to boot properly from flash drive. Even i try get hardisk from other computer it says not detected. I hope anybody can help me Thanks and best regards..Leoski

A:My Acer G1610 Intel Celeron 2.60Ghz not booting new hardisk and USB

Did you check the bios if any storage devices are detected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398606-my-acer-g1610-intel-celeron-2-60ghz-not-booting-new-hardisk-usb.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hiMy acer Aspire V5-471P-laptop with window 8.1(upgraded from-8) was working well till y.day. Suddenly when I started it It started -Acer logo came up then after sometime It gave message Window is repairing and then came black screen showing cursor. I waited for whole night but nothing happened same black screen.I tried with BIOS made it to reset all changes,, my F 12 is prompting how to start window, but what to do I don't know.I tried safe mode but again it gives message that window is repairing and black screen.Please help me

A:Acer Aspire V5-471P-lapWith window8.1not booting BlackScreen

How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/4HXqQKS.jpgHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-v5471plapwith-window81not-booting-blackscreen/1894.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.43%

two week ago my father bought this old acer laptop from someone who needed money I just found out that clearing need my father help the bought laptop, an Acer laptop old the PC perfomer installed inside says it has errors and its the at the my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop ''Mauvais'' stage in french Yes my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop my laptop is in french The laptop is an Acer laptop who has these stickers on it saying quot Intel Atom Inside quot quot Designated for Microsoft Windows XP quot quot energy star quot On two of the corners of the laptop is imprinted Aspire one What Im looking for is for the laptop to be just as if I just bought it from the store erasing most of the stuff without actually deleting some of the important stuff like Google Chrome Microsoft Word Paint and similar programs I don't own any usb drives except a really small one that is about two gigs or any disc drive thing I dont have much experience in computers nor can have contact with a tech savvy at the moment so please explain to me deeply what to do Also I did not browse the site So I do not know if a topic like this was already made Or if this is a the right place but yea help anyone

A:my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop

The older Aspire Ones are unlikely to have drivers to let them run on Win 7 and XP's end of life is 04/08/2014. I had two Acer Aspire Ones and both were garbage (as were the Acer desktop, keyboard and mouse I had). Personally, I don't feel it's worth messing with. Hopefully, your father can get his money back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269179-my-father-bought-old-acer-laptop-need-help-clearing-laptop.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi I m hoping I m posting this at the right place if not please move A week ago my girlfriends laptop started giving an error "ACER" laptop Acer screen. stuck on message on boot saying quot No bootable device press any key quot I tried a number of suggestions I found posted online to similar issues but to no avail I didn t want to completely reset the machine since it was still under warranty so I figured if we just submitted it for repair someone might be able to save more of her files However girlfriend lost the warranty receipt We gave up searching today so I went back in to try and reset it I couldn t access the recovery partition of the hdd and gf didn t make a recovery disc So I decided to try a reset using a recovery drive I made from my own Acer laptop which like hers came with win This seemed to work so I let it do it s thing I checked back on it a while later and it was on but when I checked again it was stuck on the quot ACER quot boot screen It was stuck on there for a couple of hours not responding to any key input When I restarted it by holding power button to turn it off first it again got stuck on the Acer screen If I m quick enough I can get into BIOS during boot but not once it s stuck on the acer screen Do you have any ideas what I can do try to get this thing working again Specs Acer Aspire e - Windows HDD Toshiba MQ ABD nbsp

A:Acer laptop stuck on "ACER" screen.

Unless your laptop is the same model as you girlfriend's - or at least from the same laptop series - your recovery disk won't work, mainly because it will try to install the wrong drivers.

I think your best bet is to try to get it fixed under warranty. You may not need the receipt, you can check the laptop's warranty status here :- https://www.acer-apac.com/acer_web/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-stuck-on-acer-screen.1137935/
Relevancy 40.42%

hello

when i turn my laptop on, this is what happens

1. i get the "windows failed to start" screen and if i choose the "startup repair" mode, the screen says "windows is loading files" for a few minutes, then it says "WINDOWS HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM COMMUNICATING WITH A DEVICE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMPUTER even though NOTHING IS CONNECTED TO MY COMPUTER, and it'll make a horrible beeping noise if i press any keys. if i choose "start windows normally, nothing happens.

am i out of options? please help

A:laptop not booting

This is just a guess for now, but it sounds like a problem with the hard drive. Do you have a Windows Vista install DVD handy? If you do, try booting to that when you start your computer and when it loads up, instead of selecting "Install Windows Vista," select the option "Repair this computer" then select "Startup Repair." This will check the main files needed by Windows to load the operating system, and if there any errors that it can fix, it will fix them. This could be a solution to your problem, but if it isn't able to fix the errors, or there is something physically wrong with your hard drive, you may have to get it replaced. Let me know if you can do this and if it doesn't work, we'll try some other options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting.927174/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there all, i have an acer 5717Z series laptop with windows vista, my daughter was on msn when it ran out of power and since then every time we try to boot it up we get to a screen which says ....
Windows erroe recovery, windows failed to start.a recent hard/software change may be the cause.
If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, start up repair can diagnose and fix problem. i can then either choose, launch startup repair (recommended) or start windows normally.
when i choose startup repair it just takes me straight back to the page i have just described, when starting normally it tries to reboot but again ends up back at this screen. i have tried booting in safe mode but everything seems to bring me back to this windows error recovery screen.

MORE INFO.
on pressing f8 and selecting disable auto reboot on recovery i get a blue screen saying. a problem has been detected etc etc it tells me to try rebooting again and then to try disabling or uninstalling any anti-virus,disk defrag or backup utilities, i dint know how to do this !!!
it says Technical information
*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190444,0x858738A8,0xC0000102.0x00000000)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting.934054/
Relevancy 40.42%

hp laptop is not booting,
1) when windows xp installation cd is inserted , after saving the files, a message is coming that hard disk is not found, does it mean that hard disk physical connection is not there or some other problem.

A:hp laptop is not booting

probably a SATA drive and winXP cannot find - you may need the sata drivers

is the XP CD a recovery CD supplied with the PC - or different ?

whats the exact model of the HP

as the pc starts normally - you should see what Key (F2, f10, Del Key) to use to enter the bios/setup
you should be able to see the harddrive there - if not then theres a hardware issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-is-not-booting.1085608/
Relevancy 40.42%

My laptop has power running but when I turn it on the power button flashes slowly and a click sound but does not start up at all, can you help me please?&#65279;

A:laptop not booting up

Manufacturer and model number of Laptop please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting-up.1137499/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi folks,
just a few questions,
i have an acer aspire 4530,when i try to turn it on,it powers on then back off in about 5 seconds...at times when it powers on i can not get the power turned off,and it does not boot up at all,any ideas or suggestions on how i can get this rectified

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-booting-up.157959/
Relevancy 40.42%

I`m trying to boot from a Linux cd, which i successfully did a few weeks back but today i tried again but the laptop keeps booting from the HDD. It`s set to boot from cd/dvd in the bios.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD V140 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 1787 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 119236 MB, Free - 74897 MB; D: Total - 118836 MB, Free - 100237 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, PWWAE, 1.00, 0123456789AB
Antivirus: Panda Global Protection 2011, Updated and Enabled

A:Laptop not booting from cd/dvd

Does this drive work in Windows?
Can you see it in the BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting-from-cd-dvd.992665/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello Everyone,

We have a laptop at our school which stopped booting up. The day before we played a movie on it and there was no problem. But the laptop stopped booting up that day and since no one ever managed to make it boot up. It displays BOOTMGR is missing Press CTRL+DEL+ALT to restart when turned on. We have a bios password set up on the PC. Pc- Doctor check up test fails at SMBIOS:Standards Test. OS: Windows Vista Basic Model: Lenova 3000 N200 and the BIOS supervisor password is missing. Thanks for help in advance.

A:Laptop Not Booting Up

Go to the Bios and Make sure the BIOS is reading the HDD (where the OS is supposed to be installed). If not, make sure the hdd is attached/plugged in to the laptop correctly.

If the Bios can read it but you still can't boot up, you better wait for some of the more savy members here as laptops scare me!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/210082-laptop-not-booting-up.html
Relevancy 40.42%

K, i got some PC knowledge, but i am baffled. Got a Toshiba portege 7200 sries. Had XP Pro SP2 had it for 2 weeks. had e trust antivirus, spybot, and the works. been working great, last couple days h/d been slow, then, I got home tonight, was on for 2 minutes, it crashed, when it rebooted, got to the xp screen with the bars going, after that, reboot again. I reinstalled xp, took forever to format the hard drive. After reinstall. got to xp screen, bars moved, then rebooted. It took 4 ever to format the drive. the blue screen came so fast, couldn't write the error message down. I think the hard drive went. Please Help, its not my PC.

A:Laptop Not Booting

Could be a virus, could be a bad hard drive - could be a lot of other things also. I'd suggest slaving the hard drive to another system (or using a USB drive caddy) to scan it for malware and to see if you can recover your stuff.

There's may be some utilities available at the hard drive manufacturer's website that will let you boot to a diagnostic program that they developed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73283/laptop-not-booting/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Samsung R538, and after i install windows and drivers i was shutting down the laptop. After i power up fan start spining and after 3 seconds the fan stop spining and all leds are on but nothing appears on screen, the gpu and cpu is getting hot. Rams are ok i check them, power cord is ok im getting 19v, i dont know what i have to try, i put the mobo in oven and still the same. I try like 30time power on, shutdown and its nothing, i changed my cpu with an i7 820qm and it boot but its get too hot and its shutdown himslef. I enter in bio i change power saving mode and after at last shutdown foroverheating its not coming up and the laptop makes like this. I put my old cpu back and nothing.

A:Laptop not booting up

Can you help me?

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3117307/laptop-booting.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I ve had my Philips Frevent x aka Twinhead F D Averatec for a couple of years now It has always served me well Now my laptop will not switch on There is definately power going into it as the blue lcd showing power and wireless turn on when I press the on switch But that is all that happens I have faintly hear something going on in the case but that is probably just the power going through it My up laptop booting not other half being the IT laptop not booting up geek took a look in the back panel if you know this particular make you will know it has a small hatch to open and it is fiendishly difficult to get at the laptop not booting up motherboard hard drive etc he thought it may be something to do with the fan As I am not a complete IT geek I wouldn t have thought have opening up the back and giving it a clean When my otherhalf did he brought out what I can only describe as carpet underlay from under my fan The dust and crud of about years It would not turn before but happily it moves now He put it back together to see if it would start It did boot for about seconds then went off again I have searched the forums for similar computers and mine is slightly different in that there is definately power going into the laptop but the screen is not coming on the fan is not turning and no boot I am still trying all the advice I ve read on here removing the battery etc Thanks to different forums I have now discovered most of the hidden screws to get the laptop apart if need be but hopefully it may just be the fan needs replacing It s given up the ghost possibly because I have left it on once too often and for too long I have looked into purchasing a new fan it is a Bi-Sonic DC Brushless Blower Model BP H- I can t seem to find any in stock Any ideas nbsp

Just a quick bump for this.

Please help. No suggestion unwelcomed.... well... within reason. I refuse to get rid of my precious lappy. It's like an old friend

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting-up.741361/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi All I hope you can help I have a spare laptop Toshiba Satellite A about yr old I cannot boot it up and keep getting various errors Firstly LAPTOP up with booting Help not it would go straight to the chkdsk page but would not complete even after waiting for ages a few times it went further but could not get to stage After several attempts and trying in safe mode which would start going through files then just stop or go to another error page which is now what I Help with LAPTOP not booting up can only get on the Help with LAPTOP not booting up screen A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage Tech Info STOP x oxoo x xC x I cannot seem to get the XP CD to boot up either I have tried going through F F C etc if I select any options in F it just tries to go through the chkdsk or back to the blue error page as above If anyone can advise that would be great as I don't think it is worth spending money on to try and repair Cheers Lou

A:Help with LAPTOP not booting up

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Good to see that you have the xp cd for the laptop.

Enter bios when pc is first turned on press F1.

Now under boot order:

cd/drive rom first
harddrive second
Floppy drive (if it has one)
other devices (varies on pc to pc).

Now will boot from the cd?, if it does:

1. Boot up from xp disc and enter recovery console when it gives you the option by
pressing R.

2. Next, you'll see a prompt to enter a number corresponding to the Windows XP
installation that you need to repair. Enter "1" and then supply your Administrator password.

3. In recovery console type: chkdsk /r

Definition - Scans your hard drive and attempts to repair any problems found.

DO this please and let me know if it found any problems and fixed them.
Also, if now it will bootup to the desktop also?

However, if this doesnt fix the problem then replace the command with this one:

chkdsk c: /p

and run this one the same way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-laptop-not-booting-up-378792.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

Facing a big issue with my HP laptop. When I switch it on, it is neither showing a display nor is the HDD light blinking as it does while booting. Not sure what is the exact problem but this started after I switched on the laptop yesterday and heard two or three beeps and from then, it has been giving the aforementioned problem.

Looking for help on what the problem might be and it's possible solution?

PS: Two months back, I got the faulty battery of the laptop replaced + changed the GPU as the display was not showing up.

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting-up.915939/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello My HCL ME laptop is not booting. Last night it was working properly and when I tried to start it today morning it,s not starting. For a second power button gets on and then every thing is dead. Please help me to get out of this problem. I tried to open it with and without battery and with and without power cable. I drained its power by pressing power button for 45 seconds but nothing happens.

A:Laptop not Booting

It could be anyone of these things . Bad memory, Motherboard, Power supply. The only real way to know is to have it checked out. Buy taking it to your local computer store.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-booting.194070/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello everyone It s good to be a member of your forum Now help me damn it I have an HP laptop dv I think I turn it on last night and the screen won t come on The LED lights light up and the hard drive spins away I can even open the disk trey I have absolutely no display though and the LED lights and buttons are lit up but completely unresponsive It really seems like it s stopping in the middle of the boot process except for the ability to open the disc trey That throws me or at least I was hoping it was doing that because of a lose ram stick When I went to check them one ram stick did seem like it was lose but when Laptop not help booting, HP Please I reconnected them I had no luck I know it s an old laptop but I can t afford to repair it or buy another one right now I really need this thing urgently I m a software engineering student and not having a laptop for school just won t do Any advice or tips or magic would be infinitely appreciated Thank you in advanced Edit I have attempted holding down the power button after removing battery securing ram sticks and at multiple times through out the process hooking it up to an external display nbsp

A:HP Laptop not booting, Please help

simonps71 said:

Hello everyone,
It's good to be a member of your forum. Now help me damn it! Language like that will get you no where fast. I have an HP laptop dv7 (3865 I think?).Could you turn it over to access area for correct model or product #.?
I turn it on last night and the screen won't come on. The LED lights light up and the hard drive spins away. I can even open the disk trey. I have absolutely no display though, and the LED lights and buttons are lit up but completely unresponsive.

It really seems like it's stopping in the middle of the boot process (except for the ability to open the disc trey. That throws me.), or at least I was hoping it was doing that because of a lose ram stick. When I went to check them, one ram stick did seem like it was lose, but when I reconnected them I had no luck.

I know it's an old laptop, but I can't afford to repair it or buy another one right now. I really need this thing urgently. I'm a software engineering student, and not having a laptop for school just won't do.

Any advice or tips or magic would be infinitely appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Edit I have attempted holding down the power button after removing battery, securing ram sticks, and at multiple times through out the process hooking it up to an external display.Click to expand...

you have to key a few buttons to transfer video to external monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-not-booting-please-help.1086599/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi First of I'm not that knowledgable about computers hence why I'm posting on here also not sure if this is a actually the right section to post up booting Laptop not this on either Anyways Yesterday my laptop started playing up where nothing would load up at all nor would it shut down so I had to manually do it pressing the button When I switched it on a black page came up saying that a hardware may not be configured properly and to try and repair it with the vista repair CD It also had options for safe mode or start windows normally I tried clicking each option but every time it would load up to the vista loading bar and then restart over Laptop not booting up and over again even when I tried it for safe mode So I googled what to do next and a lot of sites mentioned repairing vista with the repair CD so I thought let's try that I did get a CD with my laptop which I thought it was the repair CD Turns out it's not it's the manufacturers one OEM I think it's called and it's only a full restore of vista that was already preloaded on my laptop when I got it But I didn't know that So I stupidly put the CD in and went through the steps and I realized that in actual fact it was reinstalling vista which I didn't want it to do so I cancelled it Now here's where things went from bad to worse When I switch the laptop on now a message comes up saying quot bootmgr is missing Press ctrl alt delt to restart quot And now I have no idea what to do now I would have done a full reinstall of vista BUT I didn't back up all my data before all this happened so is there any way to get my data back or is that me screwed My laptop had windows vista home basic bit

Welcome
If you follow these instructions you will:
Be able to determine if your problem is hardware or software. If it is hardware you will not be able to load Ubuntu.
Second, you can back up your stuff.
Use Ubuntu Live CD to Backup Files from Your Dead Windows Computer - How-To Geek
After you have done the above, you can try to follow this tutorial or just use your CD to reinstall.
Bootmgr is missing
If the tutorial works, it would be the easiest method.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297082-laptop-not-booting-up.html
Relevancy 40.42%

my laptop was not booting up. when i press power switch. the led lights on and fan is ruuning for some seconds of time but during this period no display come ( black screen). after some time, fan is going off and power led also off.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-not-booting-up/td-p/5597418
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys,
A friend of mine is having a bit of trouble with her laptop a Fujitsu Siemens Amilio. Apperently her daughter shut the laptop down, by using the power button. Now it will not boot. The lights come on the, screen remains black (no backlight, splash screen ect.). It actually does nothing as if its off or hibernating, in sleep mode, but I cannot wake it. cannot go into safe mode, BIOS or anything. I put the recovery disc in hdd light flickers the disk get read then nothing.
Hope you maybe able to help
Wizzkid

A:Laptop not booting

have you tried holding the power button?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294456-laptop-not-booting.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi

My Laptop is not booting up, I am getting STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The NT initial command Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x0000001....
I tried to boot-up with Vista CD and recover and it doesn't work. I also tried to restore, no luck.
I have a DELL Inspiron 1420, Dual Core 2.4 GHZ, 3 GB Ram memory, Vista Ultimate.
Bad thing is that I didn't back up the laptop :(

I need some help please

Thanks

A:Laptop not booting up.

Hi and welcome to TSF.
I have moved your post to a new thread as threads are user-specific and not topic-specific. Although your problem and the symptoms may be the same as the original poster's, the solution may not be and this can cause confusion as I'm sure you will appreciate. I've also remove your email address to avoid you becoming the victim of spammers.

Try using "Last Configuration that Worked". To do this press F8 repeatedly during boot up and select from the menu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-booting-up-225162.html
Relevancy 40.42%

HELP ME! ... My windows Vista basic laptop, with Acer fails to boot, i get the acer screen which loads then the screen goes all black with a little white flashing line at the top left corner!.. i try perssing all the F, buttons but all i get is beeping from the internal speakers, please help me!

Alex.t (Alekio)

A:Non-booting laptop!

Hi and welcome to TSF do you have a install or recovery disc from which you can run a restore or repair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/non-booting-laptop-428650.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi i have a HP laptop running xp when i power up it starts to boot normally but after about 30secs there is a faint click (possibly comming from the HDD) then it turns off leaving nothing but the light on the power button flashing and the only way to stop this is to remove the battery

Relevancy 40.42%

I had to take a laptop apart to clean out all the dust build up in the fan. i`ve put it all back together but now it won`t boot into the operating system.
It will post no problem but then it won`t go any further.
The laptop is a Compaq Presario.

Relevancy 40.42%

Dear Sir/Madam,
I own an Inspiron n4010 laptop. It's not starting up. It turns on, shows the dell logo, and when the Windows logo begins to show up, a blue screen flashes and the system restarts.
I have tried launch repair and it shows "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically".
What should I do?

A:Laptop is not booting up

Please run the diagnostic tool on your computer. Please click on the link below. Report back any error code
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping the F12 key, you should see diagnostic, click on it.

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics
https://youtu.be/WDpvQ3qwy1c

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981732
Relevancy 40.42%

hi
i changed the thermal paste in my acer laptop and now im getting the blue screen and then restarts all the time can any1 help me plz
its an acer extensa 5620z its a duel core running window xp 3gb ram and a 120 hdd

plz can some one help me plz plz plz

Is your fan working if it is could be that when you put things back it was not placed proper

What does it say when you get a blue screen.
P. Glynn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting-up.1010161/
Relevancy 40.42%

hie guys i have a notebook 620 that is booting but when it is on the home screen it lasts only 5 oe lessmins and immidiatlty turns offlike a power failure its putting this message when  you turn it on : the system has detected the storage capacity of the battrey stated below to be very low.for optimal perfomance this battrey might need to be replaced.primary (internal ) battrey [error code 601 ]  

Hi,           Check the below link and follow the steps listed in that http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443470

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-not-booting/td-p/5771131
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,I am not able to start my laptop.once I press power button to switch it on..wireless button will become orange and capslock and scroll key starts blinking 4 times with a pause..please provide some solution

A:Laptop is not booting

Hello @Shwetam, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the issue with the notebook not starting, and wanted to assist you! The blink code that you provided indicates that the Graphics controller is not functional.  To seek resolution for this issue, you may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-is-not-booting/td-p/5588404
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a laptop which emits four or five bleeps shortly after power on then goes silent and fails to progress any further in the boot sequence. There is no message and no screen activity. It was previously working perfectly. Any ideas?

Relevancy 40.42%

Greetings,

This computer stopped booting. It would freeze in the process. Since there was nothing on the hard drive worth saving, I used the recovery boot cd. It went though the process, rebooted, and returned to the setup process. In the middle of the setup, while installing devices, the computer froze again. I have tried repeating the process to no avail. I have tried turning off some of the not so necessary things in the BIOS and trying it. But that did not work either. Any ideas?

Thanks, Pat

Relevancy 40.42%

My friend has an IBM Thinkpad . When he turns it on , just a blank screen pops up with an icon of a "lock" pops up and it stops booting up . It never makes it to the bios boot up screen . Any ideas what the problem could be ? TIA

Relevancy 40.42%

My laptop is not starting. A black screen is coming up and the caps lock LED is blinking twice at regular intervals. Please fix the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-not-booting/td-p/5758200
Relevancy 40.42%

After I turn on the Dell Inspiron 15 3543...it opens the aptio setup utility. Please help

In setup, is the hard drive or SSD showing up, or is there no drive present (look under Drives)?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986577
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys Im Laptop not Booting wondering if anyone can Laptop not Booting possibly shed some light on what might be Laptop not Booting going on with this laptop of mine Since day one this laptop has been a hassle and the manufacturer has been next to useless The laptop has been overheating after about - minutes of normal usage and when it does so the screen bleeds out and the computer has to be turned off an left to cool Despite being sent back and forward from the manufacturer the problem persisted until the warranty expired I had recently been loading the computer up in an attempt to control the fan speeds through software and hopefully reduce the problem of the overheating Today the computer was running for over an hour until the battery ran out and Windows went into hibernation I let it cool down a little and charged it up and tried to turn it on and now I cant Laptop not Booting even get as far as the BIOS of the time the screen remains black sometimes with the backlight on sometimes without the rest of the time the only thing the computer will do is display the BIOS version After a short amount of time the screen will usually bleed out again and the computer must be turned off The computer is a Zoostorm Model - Sadly Zoostorms website is less than useful for anything other than viewing the products they are trying to sell there are no drivers or manuals available for this model of laptop and the Technical support has yet to get back to me on any of my questions I am wondering if anyone can tell me what is wrong with this laptop and preferably if there is any way to fix it I fear that as the laptop was on for an unusually long time today that something may have been fried in the computer rendering it unusable Any help that you could offer woul be very much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-booting.934952/
Relevancy 40.42%

My laptop does not want to boot. It says is should go to this website; www.hp/go/techcentre/startup.I have tried everything possible. it takes me to the startup menu and I have triet everything possible. Please help me 

Hi Pretty25, First of all make sure that your HDD is fine:You cna use the following video to understand how to do this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCG9t5EB-X0 Next try check other COmponents by the similar way like HDD. IN case all laptop's components are fine then try to do recovery like demonstrated in the followng video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBrBJ7sAqTo Best Regards,Alexey.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-not-booting/td-p/5593867
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I have the all way Laptop isn't booting a rather annoying issue with my laptop I will give Laptop isn't booting all the way you the specs first Samsung Laptop Intel Core i - M CPU GHz GB RAM Bit OS Windows Home Premium - Service Pack Originally I tried to boot my computer and it would just hang at Laptop isn't booting all the way the welcome screen after I entered my password After rebooting it a couple of times hoping it would magically fix itself I booted into safe mode which it would do I tried to run my own antivirus program Avast but that Laptop isn't booting all the way was not working so instead I ran Housecall which did a full scan and found no viruses I was now aggravated and without the time to properly mess about so left it for a few days Today I have tried yet again So far I have booted into safe mode and used msconfig to disable all my startups with the exception of the windows related ones When I do this I can get past the welcome screen but once the desktop comes up and it comes up slow it will hang on something First time Steam auto started and tried to do an update I then went into safemode did the download and restarted but it hung up on something else no idea what I then went into msconfig and tried diagnostic startup this also failed so I downloaded the video card drivers and reinstalled them still no joy I should mention I have also tried the repair option from boot up screen you get from clicking F I ran HijackThis from safemode and can post that in the proper forum upon request I will however have to reboot because I have asked it to do too many things in safemode and am now watching my least favorite icon the circling blue light do it's thing so apparently I am not even safe in safemode I would really like some options other than having to reinstall windows as I'm not sure where the disk is Thank you for your time and assistance Cat

A:Laptop isn't booting all the way

I have booted into safe mode and used msconfig to disable all my startups with the exception of the windows related ones.

Rather than disabling the starup items you should disable the services.  This is a clean boot which can point toward the service or startup item which is causing this problem.  Please follow the instructions below.

How to perform a clean boot

***This is a diagnotic tool for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.  This will not repair your computer, but it may point to where the problem lies so that a repair can be made.***

Warning:  Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivius disabled until the process is ended.  For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

(1)  Click on the Start orb , then type msconfig.exe in the Search programs and files box.  

(2)  When msconfig is seen in Programs, right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation. 

(1)  Click on the General tab.   

(2)  Click the Selective startup option. 

(3)  Remove the check mark in the Load startup items  check box. 

(1)  Click on the Services tab. 

(2)  Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running. 

(3)  Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list, then click on Restart.

Caution:  By disabling the Services your antivirus will not be active, for this reason I suggest that this process not be run while online.

**The following is a process of elimination to find the Service or Startup item that is causing your problem**.  

To make this process quicker the Services or Startup items will initially be devided in half by adding check marks to one half of the Services and restarting the computer to see if the problem resumes.  If the problem isn't found in that half, the check marks will be removed and the other half of the boxes will be checked and the computer restarted again.  If the problem is found in one of these halves, that half will have the check marks removed one at a time until the Service or Startup item is found.  This process will begin with Services, if no porblem is found there the process will be continued in Startup. 

*  If the problem does not continue after the restart go back to Services and place check marks in half of the boxes and restart the computer.  

*  If the problem still does not continue return to Services and remove the check marks that were added, then place check marks in the remaining half of the boxes and restart the computer.

If the problem resumes after a restart in one of these halves, you will procede with this process in the half where the problem occurs.  If this does not continue in either half you should repeat this process in Sartup. 

*  In the half of the Services that the problem is found, remove one check mark at a time and restart the computer to see if that  is the Service causing the problem.  Continue to do this with the Services untill the service causing this problem is  found.

If the problem is not found in Services, remove all of the check marks, click on the Startup tab and repeat the search process there.

Caution:  If this is a laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.

If this problem is found, run the System Configuration Utility, then click on the check box to clear the item.

To open the System Configuration Utility:

(1) Click on the Start orb .

(2)  Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509883/laptop-isnt-booting-all-the-way/
Relevancy 40.42%

I've got an Advent 9125

Only had it a year

Was fine one minute then the next time I come to turn it on.. nothing

Have tried removing battery.. holding power for 30.. replacing batt.. turning on

Have tried removing batt.. holding power.. no batt insert ac

No luck so far

any other suggestions?

Thanks

Welcome to TSF

This is the reason I always suggest purchasing a 3 yr warranty on any system you buy.

Do you have any power to the system? Are there any light that come on when you press the power button?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-booting-up-503014.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi

When I switched on my laptop it loaded to Windows as normal but an error message regarding a DLL appeared, this was also accompanied by a message from Kaspersky anti-virus saying it had detected a trojan.

The procedure to remove the trojan took 10 minutes and required a reboot, during this a Windows 7 style error window popped up with a message ending with "bad image", then it reboot again.

Now I get the following message -

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v1.19
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM
Operating System not found.

After some googling I tried a few suggestions -

Making sure Network isn't a boot option
Checking if BIOS recognises HDD
Opening it up and checking cables
Punching it

Nothing has worked. Could it be over after only 3 months of ownership?

It's a Dell Inspiron 1764.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-booting-os-538866.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
I have Lenovo 3000 y500 series laptop. My problem is that i am unable to boot my pc from Win Xp CD.
I tried 3 different OS (Win xp-3, Win xp and win-98)
It is even not reading these Cds and showing 0 bytes free and 0 bytes used.
But its reading every other CD and DVD. Only not the ones which are bootable.
These Cds are working fine on my Desktop. Desktop is reading them fine and even booting from them.
pls help me....

Relevancy 40.42%

[COLOR=Blue]Every time i boot up my Sony Vaio PCGFR825P, i get a blue screen error message (after WIn XP loading Screen) saying UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. It also has some Technical Information which reads *** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8334A2A0, 0xC0000015, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). I have tried booting in safe mode and others, also i have tried fixing it in Recovery Console using chkdsk /r and fixboot, but none of them have worked. Please Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-isnt-booting-up-17840.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hi
i changed the thermal paste in my acer laptop and now im getting the blue screen and then restarts all the time can any1 help me plz
its an acer extensa 5620z its a duel core running window xp 3gb ram and a 120 hdd

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a problem,when I plug in my hp laptop with it power supply,it just spin the motor and indicates the powering light on power button and goes off again bur it monitor remains black. And the act keeps repeating itself.what could be wrong?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-hp-laptop-isn-t-booting/td-p/5820377
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone

ever since i reinstall window xp, now every time when i turn on my laptop the first time i hear the cooling fan run for about 5 second then nothing happen so i have to press the power button for 6 second as mandate shut down, then turn on again, most the time ok to boot up second time but sometime i have to do a few time. everyone know why this happen, please help me to solve this problem thank you. it not happen before only after i reinstall the xp and make some adjust for start up in msconfig for not to start up everything when i boot up, but even those when i put back where it was it still not boot for for the first only the second time. i appreciated for your help guys

Tom