Windows Support Forum

Rosewill Web Cam not working with Vista 32..

Q: Rosewill Web Cam not working with Vista 32..

I am starting to think this thing is defective... Is a Rosewill RCM-3201V web cam that I bought for skype, etc.. I plugged it in and windows detected it, installed drivers, said it was good to go. However, camera is unuseable. Tried windows movie maker, and it is not listed as an available camera. Then, after installing the software on the disk that came with the camera, I see the icon in the bottom right by the clock, and it states the camera is connected. However, all the options with that icon are all greyed out. It detects it, but it is un-useable..

Any advice appreciated!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Rosewill Web Cam not working with Vista 32..

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Rosewill RNX-N250PCe Wireless Adapter which doesn't work. I did as the quickstart guide said: Install drivers from cd, shut down, install card, and then reboot. The Network and Sharing Center says no connections are available and windows troubleshooter says there is a problem with the Wireless Adapter Driver. I tried updated drivers from Rosewill's website, still nothing. At this point I'm about ready to give up. If anyone has any advice or would like additional information, please post a reply. Thanks.

A:Rosewill RNX-N250PCe Wireless Adapter Not Working

would you do the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or VistaClick on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
For Windows 8If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here How To Open Device Manager in Windows 8 & 8.1
Once you are in device manager then navigate to:
network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a Xpost a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
For Windows XPHold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
For windows Vista or Windows 7you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
How to use the Windows Snipping Tool
For Windows 8you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
How to use the Windows Snipping Tool
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/rosewill-rnx-n250pce-wireless-adapter-not-working-764202.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, I have a question on a Rosewill router. The routing number is RNX-EasyN4 and I must say it is not an easy installation. I can not figure how to connect this wireless internet. I connected it as the directions say, but I cannot connect to the internet when I do so. I did the wizard setup and still can't connect. Is there something I need to provide or do inorder for it to work?

A:Rosewill modem?

What kind of Internet do you have? Cable, DSL? From your ISP's (Internet Service Provider) modem, connect a network cable from the modem to the wireless routers proper input. Your computer will have to be temporarily hard-wired to the wireless router to setup the wireless router for the first time. Can you log in to the router? Depending on using DSL or Cable, the router settings for DSL are a bit more complicated than the Cable settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rosewill-modem.136829/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi i saw the dimesions of the case but im not sure if it can support all video cards and all spu fans and heatsinks plz answer the case that i bought form newegg came good with no damages at all but it had a very thin secc and when i was putting the psu it kinda broke and a friend told me that the challenger is very good and very big big so...

A:Rosewill challenger is big?

that's a very nice case for the price. you can fit any video card in it as long as its not over 11 inches long

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rosewill-challenger-is-big.142849/
Relevancy 46.87%

ROSEWILL vs. WINTEC vs. KINGSTON??
Which is better overall in quality memory?

my selestions are all the same size, same price, same speed

Relevancy 46.44%

I bought a 25 dollar rosewill full atx case from newegg about a year and a half ago that came with a 350W atx psu. Somehow it ran for 1 year running a full atx pentium 3 mobo with 3 hd's and a combo drive, lan card, modem, video card, and a fan. Then it ran for about 2 months on my micro atx mobo with a amd athlon 64 3200+, 4 80mm fans, 1 120mm fan, 2 hd's, combo drive, modem, and a nvidia 8600GT. Somehow it ran all that time with no problems ever. So i went with a new Rosewill Stallion 500w psu, and it hasen't given me a problem yet.

A:Rosewill - diamond in the rough?

I've heard very mixed things about Rosewill. I personally own a 17" Rosewill LCD (now a backup monitor since I have a Samsung 226bw) which I've had since about 2005-2006 I think. Never had any issue, worked wonderfully and still does. I also am using one of their PSU's on my current rig, so far so good - been running 4 months with the PC on for days at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rosewill-diamond-in-the-rough.101415/
Relevancy 46.44%

My usb 2.0 wireless N adapter doesn't work with Windows 8 Release, although the Windows 7 drivers worked with the developer preview.
Is there any way I can get this to work, I can't connect via ethernet.

Drivers are here
Rosewill.com - Computer Case, Power Supply, Computer Accessories, Networking, Peripherals. Price, Quality, and Services.

A:Rosewill RNX-N150HG Drivers

I have the same problem. Although I've only tried with the RTM version. If you try to install the driver the same way you do in windows 7 via the setup.exe in compatibility mode of win7 then it will detect the OS to be XP and will give you the option to either install with the wireless client or just the drivers. I tried to just install just the drivers and it did complete the installation but the usb adapter still didn't detect that the drivers were installed. I'm guessing in that case it installed the XP drivers. So if you select to install with the wireless client it will give the you the "irql_not_less_or_equal" error upon restart.

So since none of that above worked I decided to go through the device manager. So I put the folder for Windows 7 x64 from the installation cd on the desktop and removed the cd from the computer just to make sure it wouldn't try to use the XP driver. It detected it and tried to install it but came up with an error of "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering." I've also tried the driver from the Rosewill site both version 1 and 1.1 and both got the same error.I won't be using windows 8 on my desktop until they release a new driver or I'm able to just use ethernet.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7619-rosewill-rnx-n150hg-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I just put in a Rosewill RC200 IDE adapter not so much fore raid but to use an alternate data channel from the fialed ones on an old Tyan Trinty motherboard.

The device works fine but is not set up for raid.

The question is that the board has a header for the HDD activity plug from the LED harness
on the case which normall indicates drive activity when plugged into the motherboard.

I have tried all sorts of pin combinations to the header on the Rosewill but still no LED
activity.

If the board is component side up with the tail facing right and the pins are

1 2

3 4

which set will turn on the activity LED. the manual just indicates the header and
not how it's plugged. The wirews on the HDD plug are orange and white-- white assmedly ground.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rosewill-ide-adapter-wont-indicate-hd-activity.561218/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a rosewill rnx-g300ex/lx , that I am trying to find the drivers for Windows 7 64X Pro and the disk that came with it has the ones for Windows 98 and is in Japanese 

A:Rosewill Wireless Card

Yer outta luck... time for a new card/dongle

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158082.0.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm not sure if this is a hardware, software, or internet transmission problem. My new RCM-3201V Rosewill webcam seems to sometimes work, sometimes not. Sometimes it will show my picture as mostly green and pink, almost unrecognizable. Sometimes the photos freeze or the words skip or repeat. Other times it works fine. My internet is via an antenna to a nearby tower, not satellite, and not a wired system. I suspect that might be the problem? Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rosewill-webcam-problem.843827/
Relevancy 46.01%

Whenever I use the left-click it highlights, drags, and clicks on things when i barely touch it. the slightest touch makes it click things and its driving me nuts! how do i fix this?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/rosewill-jet-gaming-mouse-problem-4597022/
Relevancy 46.01%

Can two of these 2TB Seagate STBD2000101 drives:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148910

be put in this Rosewill R2-JBOD enclosure:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182144

Also, I have a Windows 7 computer that is around 4 years old. On older computers, drives that are over 2TB may not work. If I put the two 2TB Seagate drives in the enclosure, there will be 4TB total space. Should that probably work on my computer if I select JBOD on the enclosure? If I select JBOD, won't the computer see the two drives as two separate drives instead of one big 4TB drive?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rosewill-r2-jbod-enclosure-questions.1084884/
Relevancy 46.01%

Newegg com - Rosewill RX- V SLV amp Silver amp amp SATA to USB amp eSATA External Enclosure w amp Int mm Fan Here's a off? RX-358 fan Rosewill Safe ext. hardrive. with operate to link to my product I've got a TB WD green drive in it I'm wondering if I can turn the fan switch Rosewill RX-358 ext. hardrive. Safe to operate with fan off? off on this when this is hooked up to my popbox media player which reads my p mkv movies from the hardrive I notice the green drive spins down on it's own when I turn off my popbox which is important but the fan doesn't turn itself off any I don't want to leave it on all the time nor do I want to have to be manually turning it off and on all the time With the fan turned off can anyone tell me what's the coolest orientation for enclosure to be in Vertical horizontal upside down When the fan grille is facing up the hard drive is inverted I know hard drives work fine vertically but I wasn't sure about inverted Ofcoarse I'll turn the fan on when I hook hardrive up to PC for mass file transfers

A:Rosewill RX-358 ext. hardrive. Safe to operate with fan off?

Personally I would suggest not too....because heat is the number one factor in HDD failures. Having a look at the link you provided and reading through some of the feedback posts, over all the unit has a good rating. There are a few that mention leaving the fan on when unit is plugged in due to the overheating issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/204910-rosewill-rx-358-ext-hardrive-safe-operate-fan-off.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Please redirect if necessary to get my XP to installon a Rosewill RC IDE adapter issue adapter Rosewill RC200 IDE I m not using RAID but the Rosewill Rosewill RC200 IDE adapter issue RAID card which gets me past some bad IDE channels on Rosewill RC200 IDE adapter issue the mainboard The install is being done on old gear because I have not used XP Rosewill RC200 IDE adapter issue before and am doing trial benchwork The big problem seems to be XP finding the correct file and reading it from the Rosewill floppy disk The file is called pnp r sys and the error message repeatedly says quot cannot copy file etc quot Previous installs using Win Pro have read the necessary setup file easily What I m wondering is if there is some setup on the card and its BIOS RAID set info for one drive a Western Digital G on NTFS that I haven t completed properly and so XP cannot find the info read in by the floppy I ve also tried to get an updated driver to read from CD from the driver mfg That also fails The setup is old MSI Slot One mainboard Intel PII mhz K SDRAM Rosewill RC RAID Adapter WD G caviar Acer cd rom floppy The Rosewill manual describes a lot about Sets for Raid but not much about single drive I don t know if that s the issue I got RAID model for future use in larger and newer installs Please redirect this question if necessary and notify if possible nbsp

A:Rosewill RC200 IDE adapter issue

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rosewill-rc200-ide-adapter-issue.565413/
Relevancy 46.01%

i just bought a rosewill rx353 enclosure , i install my sata HD into it, plugged it in and now my laptop doesn't recognize the HD or anything....tried on the website itself no answers for trouble shooting , can anyone please help, i need stuff off this HD in a time sensitive matter, thank you

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at this case for my new build. It seems like a nice cheap case for my build, but I'm worried about its size. I'm getting a GTX 570 which is 10.5 inches long and I've read a couple of reviews about people having trouble fitting shorter cards in there, but some reviews said that largers ones like the 570/580 could fit.

I'm just wondering if anyone had this case and could give me some insight on this. Currently this is the only thing stopping me from deciding on this case.

I was also looking at the Cooler Master HAF 922 which plenty of reviews say anything can fit in there, but its costs twice as much.

Thank you

A:Rosewill Challenger case size uncertainty

This case:
Antec 300
would serve you better. it is much sturdier than that Rosewill and ANY video card(s) will fit. I use this case so I know what I'm talking about. The price is great for the quality of this Antec!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rosewill-challenger-case-size-uncertainty.166143/
Relevancy 45.58%

This is pretty much what i wrote to the rosewill tech support I am having trouble with memory in my computer that I have bought from Rosewill I have Solved: A8nsli deluxe Rosewill Memory/ two modules of ROSEWILL MB PC RAM and an ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe motherboard both of the Solved: Rosewill Memory/ A8nsli deluxe modules work individually and the computer boots but when put together the motherboard gives me an error quot system failed memory test quot One of the modules i ve had since I built the computer and the second that I had originally was replaced twice by newegg because the memory was bad So after calling ASUS for help they told me to ask you a is my memory compatible with my motherboard and b if yes am I able to use of the modules simultaneously and c the person i spoke with at ASUS mentioned that it could be a timing issue since both modules work individually but not together is this the problem that I am having and if so how do i fix it to identify the memory modules i am using I will give the numbers that I see on the package NEW module nd replacement of one of the originals RW - - C G BAI OLD module i ve had this since i built the computer RW - - C G CB the only useful info they ve sent me so far is quot Please make sure the memory modules run at DDR which means the motherboard FSB is MHz And please let us know if both of the two modules can run at DDR If you can t use those RAM please contact your retailer for RMA quot Now i have already RMA d twice i d really like to have gig ram instead of just mb and i ve spent about bux fedexing things back so I want to exhaust all my options before i RMA again One suspicion i had was that the two memory sticks although the same model number might be different versions because the old one has black chips on both sides whereas the new one only has them on one side Okay thanks for reading this far i really appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an older machine with the following specs CPU Q DIMM pc ddr mhz Patriot GB x GB MB Asus P ne-SLI HDD WD GB GPU PNY GForce Ti PSU - Seasonic W Works fine for its uses - internet streaming and Microsoft Office No gaming When it was running Win the lack of USB became a problem so I purchased a Rosewill RC- two-port USB card It plugged into the PCIE port on the MB which is right below the GPU All worked fine So ever since I upgraded to Win I have been getting black screens almost daily Doesn't matter if PC is idle or doing something The screen will go black suddenly and will not respond although the computer appears to be running Computer is unresponsive and does not complete tasks downloading etc that were going on when the black screen appeared On restart no error or other indication of anything specific USB screen black causing in Rosewill 3.0 Win Card 10 appears in the Event Viewer I tried a lot of things Replaced RAM replaced PSU Turned off all sleep hibernate fast start options Reinstalled Win Replaced old old GPU Last week I took the machine apart and Rosewill 3.0 USB Card causing black screen in Win 10 put it together piece by piece letting it run overnight after each piece All ran fine until Iinstalled the Rosewill RC- two-port USB card Back to black screens in less than an hour So here's the advice question How likely is it that the Rosewill card is bad and that I just need a new USB card The card seems to work fine itself FWIW It has a molex connector and the black screens happen whether it's connected or not One thing that has occurred to me is that due to the location of the lone PCIE port on the MB the Rosewill RC- two-port USB card sits right up against the bottom of the GPU card - almost touching and covering the fan Is there a way to tell if the GPU is just overheating because of it On the other hand there's nothing in the event viewer about the card or drivers having any issues And Rosewill 3.0 USB Card causing black screen in Win 10 it all seemed to work fine in Win I'd really rather not spend much money on this machine but a new USB card is not terribly expensive so I could live with that If it's more complicated I may be better served by a new machine Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604974/rosewill-30-usb-card-causing-black-screen-in-win-10/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

First post.. I just installed Windows 7 and for the most part all went ok. The only issue I seem to be having concerns my Rosewill RC-200 IDE raid card. Card works fine as an IDE card. However, I cannot get the raid functions to work.

The card uses a ?Silicon Image SiI 0680 ATA-133 Medley Raid Controller? chipset. The only thing I found a bit odd about the install was that W7 recognized the card and installed its own drivers instead of asking for drivers supplied by the manufacture. Not sure if this is an issue or not, but I have had to remove the raid set for now until I figure out what is wrong

Most of my hardware is new, MSI 770-C45 mobo, EVGA 9500GT video, Rosewill RC-200 PCI card.
I plan on calling the manufacture on Monday but thought I would check to see if anyone else has had this particular problem.
Regards,
Danny

A:Rosewill RC-200 raid card issues with Windows 7

Bump... Anyone... I noticed that the driver version reported by W7 is 1.0.5.0 while the manufacture shows only 1.0.1.7 as being the latest.

Any thoughts...

ck

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52318-rosewill-rc-200-raid-card-issues-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

For a recently quot inherited quot Dell Dimension win XP home Edition SP I bought a rosewill rx mv - enclosure? help compativility/rosewill Hard crive enclosure for a samsung sp n HDD it previously was the - help Hard crive compativility/rosewill enclosure? slave HD behind a Seagate baracuda G HD on an older system that was fast corrupting itself on Windows XP pro sp The enclosure appeared to be the best way to access the HD from the previous computer as the Dell has a Western Digital BB did have a bay for a second HD and a single connector pin cable only There is data only on the Samsumg music jpgs docs xls pdf and - help Hard crive compativility/rosewill enclosure? the like so I cannot reformat it The dell could recognize the Seagate HD but started to boot using that disc It once recognized the Samsung HD and wanted to reformat it Now it does not recognized the samsung HD in th rosewill enclosure Does being a slave in the old system cause problems when trying to access it in the new system The WD HDD has a pin jumper - the seagate and samsung - help Hard crive compativility/rosewill enclosure? have an pin jumper - issues - or pin settings Can the pin cable with only one connecter in the Dell be replaced with a dual connector and everything jumpered for cable select Are these HDD interfaces compatible Samsung PATA - - WD Ultra ATA and seagate SATA - or is that just a stupid question Or ---- help Bill nbsp

A:- help Hard crive compativility/rosewill enclosure?

There should be no issues using PATA and SATA in the same system.
Number of jumper pins makes no differece.
You can replace the single connector with a dual connector cable with no problems. You can either do it Master/Slave or CS should work as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-hard-crive-compativility-rosewill-enclosure.62684/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have and external hard drive that is capable of using esata so i bought this card to give myself available esata ports on my HP pavilion a1130n. I followed the instructions as far as setup. Also, i checked to verify that the driver was installed, but everytime i go to connect my external hard drive to the esata port it disappears from my computer and i am unable to access it. Any help with this would be appreciated, whether it be helping me getting this to work or just informing me that i am unable to use this controller. Thank you.

A:help installing Rosewill Sata II/ATA 133 PCIe Card RC-216

read the reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16816132014

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-rosewill-sata-ii-ata-133-pcie-card-rc-216.808287/
Relevancy 45.15%

hey i have two machines, one is a windows 7 64bit, and the other is windows 7 enterprise 32 bit.

both machines will not allow me to use my hdd, by esata or USB 2.0.
i keep getting this in device manager

i really need a solution to this.

my desktop is the more important one. it is in AHCII mode, and i have the drive plugged into to an external port, that is connected to the esata port on my Mobo

A:samsung hdd, in rosewill esata enclosure doesnt work

Have you tried turning the machine off, plugging the hard drive in and powering it on, then start the computer? Also, your C drive could use some more space.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/194123-samsung-hdd-rosewill-esata-enclosure-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 45.15%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200
tomshardware post I googled said it could, but to be more specific, I would be using a single 7850 at first but xfiring later on when 7850s are cheaper. They would be alongside a FX-8120 (or whatever similarly priced piledriver, when they come out) and a single basic HDD, with maybe an SDD later. Also 3 case fans (pretty insignificant) and the coolermaster hyper 212 plus. I wouldnt be PLANNING on overclocking a significant amount, but if I will be pushing the PSU just running 2GPUs/FX at stock, id probably go for a slightly higher specced one. just wanted some more opinions.

A:Can a Rosewill Green 630w power an HD 7850 in Crossfire?

I'd so stay away from pretty much any Rosewill product, no matter the price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-rosewill-green-630w-power-an-hd-7850-in-crossfire.185321/
Relevancy 45.15%

i just bought this card because my motherboard has only one ide port, and i have a lot of ide drives. so i connected 2 dvd drives to the ide port on the motherboard, and i want to run my 2 hard drives through the rc-212 card. it will work fine when i only have the master drive in, but then i plug the other in, which is set to cable select (it doesnt have a slave setting) and my pc then doesnt boot all the way to windows and it doesnt see the 2nd hard drive. any suggestions to get this working right?

im running asus m2n-e, amd athlon 64x2 4800 2,5 Ghz, 2 x 1 GB ram, evga nvidia 8800gts 320 MB, maxtor 200 and 160 GB ide hard drives.. thanks for any help!

A:rosewill rc-212 raid sata card trouble.. IGNORE!!!! SORRY

switched the retarded cables around and its fine...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rosewill-rc-212-raid-sata-card-trouble-ignore-sorry.621445/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys I recently built a new system and bought Rosewill clicking making Led flickering noises + PSU Light a quot Xtreme Series RX -S-B W Continuous C PLUS Certified ATX V v amp EPS V v SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC quot Compatible with Core i i quot Power supply This power supply has a little LED light Rosewill PSU Led Light flickering + making clicking noises inside of it Every once and a while it would randomly start flickering and making clicking noises upon each flicker The clicking is fairly loud and the flicker fairly bright no naturally I was concerned I contacted Rosewill and they sent me Rosewill PSU Led Light flickering + making clicking noises a replacement This new one hasn t been flickering or clicking until Today about weeks after I received it in the mail Surely a second PSU would not have the Rosewill PSU Led Light flickering + making clicking noises exact same symptoms as the first PSU I figured there must be something I am doing wrong Has anyone had this problem in the past System Specifications Windows Ultimate x AMD FX- -Core Processor ASUS Sabertooth FX R Bios Version G Kingston DDR Dual Channel Ram Nvidia GeForce GTX nbsp

A:Rosewill PSU Led Light flickering + making clicking noises

There isn't anything you can be doing wrong. If it's connected properly, the PC will work (which appears to be the case).

In general, Rosewill hardware is mediocre at best. In any case, it sounds like it's failing. Time to get a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rosewill-psu-led-light-flickering-making-clicking-noises.1104423/
Relevancy 45.15%

Aloha,
I just received my Rosewill External case RX30-U2FAB that I bought from NewEgg and it did not come with an installation CD that contains the drivers. I installed a Maxtor Ultra series 100G ,7200rpm hdd and my OS is Win98se. I am using a usb 1.1 and my computer will not recognize the hdd. I tried downloading the driver Rx30-u2FA_fab.zip from the Rosewill site and my computer wizard does not recognize the driver. When I plug in the usb plug from the external drive, it comes up saying that the wizard has discovered a new device, atapi-6 bridge controller but it cannot locate the driver. It installs it in the device manager as other device and has a yellow question mark. Where can I get a driver for the ATAPI-6 bridge controller? TIA

Mahalo,
doogdoog

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey everyone i'm having a real problem with my Wireless N adapter working I have had this working before but took it out of my PC months ago Now i would like to put it back in and use it some more but I Triangle Rosewill N Yellow Trouble Adapter Wireless have that dreaded yellow exclamation point triangle in my device manager when i use update driver it says the most up to date driver is installed I remember getting an error that also said something like quot unable to use device because windows could not load the drivers quot etc i have PCIpnp selected as yes in my bios if that makes a difference the light onthe back of the wireless card is not on at this point here is the card Newegg com - Rosewill RNX-N PC amp RNWD- amp IEEE b amp g amp n PCI Wireless-N Adapter amp T R amp Up to Mbps Data Rates amp amp -bit WEP Rosewill Wireless N Adapter Yellow Triangle Trouble complies Rosewill Wireless N Adapter Yellow Triangle Trouble with WPA amp WPA standard amp TKIP amp AES amp Shared Key Authen see attached pics for the exact errors anyone Rosewill Wireless N Adapter Yellow Triangle Trouble have any ideas Operating System Windows bit Mobo ASUS M A XTD EVO AM AMD X ATX AMD Motherboard Processor AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor HDZ FBGIBOX Video Card Crossfired SAPPHIRE Vapor-X VXSR Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Ram Gb of G SKILL Ripjaws Series -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC

Relevancy 44.72%

To start off I'll tell how it all happened First almost months ago I bought a PCI Card Wireless my PCI HD Rosewill Audio Broke N300 Realtek Wireless card from newegg it came in a week later and it was defective I returned it for a new Rosewill N300 PCI Wireless Card Broke my Realtek HD Audio one and got it another two weeks later Very slow shipping It was working but when I installed what was on the disk it came with my HD Audio Manager went wacky and said I was plugging in and out audio devices I just clicked OK on all of them So I got good speeds but I realized I hadn't any audio coming from my speakers The realtek HD audio was set to default playback device and both ports on the audio jack were securely in It simply wouldn't work A restart didn't fix it either So I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the PCI Wireless card a couple of times restarting time after time just going through troubleshooting processes in hope that one would fix it So during the process after the first time of uninstalling I found the card defective again only giving Mb s download speed just as the first defective card Over the whole convoluted process I hadn't fixed my speakers my mouse drivers broke so I had to put it into a different port and I have another defective PCI wireless card So my question is how would I fix my speakers The speakers are in my monitor and what it's usually named is Realtek HD Audio or something but now it's named High Definition Audio Device Are there any fixes I can try Or is more information needed Thanks

A:Rosewill N300 PCI Wireless Card Broke my Realtek HD Audio

High Definition Audio Device indicates that the generic basic function Windows installed audio drivers are installed instead of your RealTek.

Reinstall the RealTek, either from the installation disc that came with the motherboard or from the ASUS site for your specific model motherboard.

As far as the Rosewill PCI card, first you should be using a PCIe card, not a PCI as the PCI bus on most newer motherboards is a "bridge" to the PCIe bus and many PCI cards do not function correctly with the bridged PCI slot. Second, I would get something other than Rosewill, which tends to be a "cheaper" brand.

Another issue I see is two Antivirus programs. Having two programs, like you show (Microsoft Security Essentials and Avast) will conflict and can cause many problems. I, and all my clients, only use the Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes (for malware/spyware).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/322600-rosewill-n300-pci-wireless-card-broke-my-realtek-hd-audio.html
Relevancy 43.43%

OK, its been doing the control panel thing for a bit but now i cant use vista games, i cannot end prosses, i cant go to windows up-date, i have no idea wtf is going on...

if anyone can help it would be good

Control panel just opens then instintly closes...

and the only error i get it when i try to end a prossess, The Operation could not be completed. Access denied

A:Vista Control panel not working + vista games not working + More

Try the "hotfix" >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936686, or get it from here >

http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=45

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-control-panel-not-working-vista-games-not-working-more.650855/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey, so I have a dualboot Vista + Linux (Ubuntu Hardy). I burned about 6 DVDs using K3B (a popular linux burning software) using UDF. When i insert them into my Sony AW G170-A in Vista, it doesnt work in Windows Explorer, it just shows 0 bytes free of 4.37 GB. and when i double-click it, there's no data inside. The files i burnt are a couple mkv videos. However, in poweriso, when i press the copy button it copies the contents correctly to a .iso!! The DVD also works fine in Ubuntu. Help Please? I've searched the entire WWW!!

A:DVD Burnt in Ubuntu (K3B, using UDF) not working in Vista, but working in PowerISO

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burnt-in-ubuntu-k3b-using-udf-not-working-in-vista-but-working-in-poweriso.736289/
Relevancy 38.7%

Good evening,

I had the same exact issue as this person who post and need some assistance.

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1031689-internet-not-working-after-vista.html

Here is what he had posted:
My vista pc just had the Vista antivirus 2011 virus. With help from bleepingcomputer.com for the virus I removed the virus but couldn't access the internet after. The internet is connected correctly and works on another computer but on the laptop that it was infected it stay in identifying... when I try to connect to the network. An user by kevinf80 helped someone with a similar problem but on windows xp. Any help from this user or someone with similar knowledge is appreciated!

Here is a link to the guide this person and myself have followed:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2011

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Relevancy 38.7%

Good Morning I had the same exact issue as this person who post and need some assistance http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -internet-not-working-after-vista html Here is what he had posted My vista pc just had the Vista antivirus virus With help from bleepingcomputer com for the virus I removed the virus but couldn t access the internet after The internet is connected correctly and works on another computer but on the laptop that it was infected it stay in identifying when I try to connect to the removed Vista Internet security working not pc after 2011 vista network An user by kevinf helped someone with a Internet not working after Vista security 2011 removed vista pc similar Internet not working after Vista security 2011 removed vista pc problem but on windows xp Any help from this user or someone with similar knowledge is appreciated Here is a link to the guide this person and myself have followed http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-win- -internet-security- Internet not working after Vista security 2011 removed vista pc Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Thank you Vista bit hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Users Miss April Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http news google com nwshp ie UTF- amp hl en amp tab wn R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH nofound amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp SubCH nofound amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M M- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c windows system BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC ... Read more

Relevancy 38.7%

Greetings My vista pc just had the Vista antivirus virus With help from bleepingcomputer com for the virus I removed the virus but couldn t access the Help! VIRUS Antvirus not Internet on working VISTA Please Vista pc. 2011 after internet after The internet is connected correctly and works on another computer but on the Internet not working after Vista Antvirus 2011 VIRUS on VISTA pc. Please Help! laptop that it was infected it stay in identifying when I try to connect to the network An user by kevinf helped someone with a similar problem but on windows xp Any help from this user or someone with similar knowledge is appreciated I ran FSS scanner and here are the results Farbar Service Scanner Ran by Jessy administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Basic X Service Check Dhcp Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of Dhcp service is OK The ImagePath of Dhcp service is OK The ServiceDll of Dhcp service is OK afd Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type Attention Unable to open afd registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath Attention Unable to open afd registry key The service key does not exist File Check C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation A BD F D C C AE AF C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit Connection Status Localhost is accessible There is no connection to network Google IP is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible End of log I ran malware bytes the first time and it found infected files and registry key and here are the results from that last scan Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes org Database version Windows Internet Explorer AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services AFD Trojan Dropper - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected c WINDOWS System drivers afd sys Trojan Dropper - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c Users Jessy local settings application data pyq exe Trojan ExeShell Gen - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c Users Jessy AppData Local Temp opre exe Exploit Drop - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully c Users Jessy AppData Local Temp nnnv exe Exploit Drop - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Noticed that afd was missing so i restored that file to my system but the internet still wouldn t connect Any help is appreciated TIA nbsp

A:Internet not working after Vista Antvirus 2011 VIRUS on VISTA pc. Please Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-after-vista-antvirus-2011-virus-on-vista-pc-please-help.1031689/
Relevancy 38.7%

I ran Ad-Aware and deleted the spyware in vista home premium and it stopped my Sidebar from working or loading at all. The Sidebar prgram is still there but will not run now. I did notice that one file "wlsrvc.dll" is from 11\02\2006 and wonder if that may be a problem.
Thanks in advance for any help and if it can't be fixed, where can I find Vista sidebar to download and reinstall?

Relevancy 37.84%

I am using DSL to connect to the internet., but have a Dial Up connection box and email accounts thru MSN. I have a Dell e1505 with 2 gig, with half used and half showing free space., I am now having problems staying connected to MSN via wireless connection. The box on the screen keeps coming up saying MSN Windows has stopped working and an when there is a solution to the problem the will contact me I have to keep shutting down.
I have used all the virus scans and disk cleanup and maintenance that i have including Spywear, etc. Nothing showed and nothing is showing in constantly using.
Can You give me insight into what the problem could be and how i might find a fix?
Thank You!

A:MSN stops working with Vista [moved from Vista/7]

Hi and welcome to TSF do you have a further message or reort from the popup,do you have toolbars installed they can somtimes cause issues,have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/msn-stops-working-with-vista-moved-from-vista-7-a-550084.html
Relevancy 34.83%

i want to get 1 of these cards but i dont know wich 1 to get . can i get some help on wich 1 is the better card. iam just looking for a low price 128MB card

Rosewill nVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 64-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "RW5200-128D3

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-164-029&depa=1
XFX nVIDIA GeForce FX5200 Video Card, 128MB DDR, TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "PVT34KNT"

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-041&depa=1

Relevancy 34.4%

A friend says that my headset a Cyber Acoustics headset doesn't work with vista can anyway confirm this as true If so than this thread can be ignored and i'll just get a new headset if not then please help So i just bought a computer today from walmart I needed a new one because my old one was pretty ancient Here is a link to the walmart page of the computer The one on walmart com is the exact PC i purchased from the store Walmart com eMachines EL G- w Desktop with AMD Athlon e Processor amp Windows Tech Guarantee Upgrade Computers AMD Athlon e Processor Operates at GHz KB L cache Windows Vista Home Premium NVIDIA GeForce SE Chipset GB DDR MemoryNVIDIA GeForce SE Integrated graphics GB SATA II Hard Drive RPM MB Cache x DVD R RW SuperMulti Drive featuring Labelflash TechnologyMulti-in-One Digital Media Card Reader Most of that means nothing to me I know ram hard drive space and Operating Systems from there I'm a noob I personally Too Mic Not With Working Vista working find the Working Mic Too Not working With Vista above info useless as it's a sound problem By going to Device Manager i know that I have Realtek High Definition Audio I've tried updating the Realtek Audio Drivers or times now I've tried giving everything in Playback Recording devices max volume I am using a headset with a mic and i also have a mic on my webcam but it's terrible There are two ports for the mic front and back and I've tried both Just incase it will help I'm posting a screenshot of Recording and Playback tabs in the Sound Menu Screenshots having Show Disabled Disconnected Device's turned on Please help i hate playing WoW without vent i get so lonely lt Added a picture of what happens when i try to do the mic setup I get a little bit of green and it just stays there no matter how loud i am

A:Working Mic Too Not working With Vista

Still needing help, my new mic isn't working with Vista either.

I've tried everything i could find in google, someone who is good with vista please help!

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/236311-working-mic-too-not-working-vista.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I know there are several posts about the cd/dvd not working but I don't understand what I am suppose to do to correct it. Please help.

Toshiba Satellite P105
Vista Home Edition

It will not read a cd or dvd. I have to put a paper clip in the little hole on the front to open it. And it does not show on the device list or on My Computer. Please help me out. I am so confused read all this.

Linda

A:cd/dvd - Vista not working

Does anyone out there know the steps to get the cd/dvd to work again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-vista-not-working.733263/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey people IE isnt working I know this sucks but I dont working Vista IE not remember what it said No error window or anything just a standard looking 'no service' type thing When I boot in safe mode with networking im good to go I pick up on wifi and ethernet cable I'll go check it out and update what exactly IE said it doesnt give an Vista IE not working error window or anything Until then here is my HiJack this log Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot auto O - HKLM RunOnce Launcher WINDIR SMINST launcher exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Gopher Prefix O - SSODL msddx - A B A- E A- - C -A C - C Windows msddx dll O - SSODL msqnx - A F-ACC - DB- - E B D - C Windows msqnx dll O - Service PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C Windows system PnkBstrA exe file missing O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C WINDOWS System ZoneLabs vsmon exe -- End of file - bytes

A:Vista IE not working

So it just says "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page"
Spybot cant find it, i'm running zonealarm.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/vista-ie-not-working-169463.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Recently I got a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium, and it seemed like a dream; however, now (about 7 days after my laptop arrived) IE7 starts up, gives me the windows error popup, and requests to close. Since IE7 is apparently integrated with Vista I can't uninstall and reinstall it. How can I get IE7 to work?

Note: I installed Firefox the day I got my laptop and haven't tried IE7 since, so it might've stopped working earlier.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98059/ie7-not-working-on-vista/
Relevancy 33.97%

All right here's the situation I have a desktop computer with a GB drive and a GB drive The GB drive has XP and the GB drive has the upgrade edition of Vista Home Premium My GB drive has completely failed it's a paperweight now I can't even format it which isn't surprising it's a year old drive BUT Vista won't load now I assume this is because since it's an upgrade version it looks to XP to find certain files needed to boot and since XP is effectively no longer there it doesn't Help get again working please? me Vista find them preventing it from loading HERE'S WHAT I HAVE TRIED a couple different boot-fixing programs available online - FAIL disconnecting the Help me get Vista working again please? bad drive loading the Vista disc and fixing the boot files - FAIL Formatting bad drive reinstalling XP - FAIL Backing up important files from the GB drive using a hard drive enclosure kit formatting and starting from scratch - FAIL laptop running XP refused to recognize the GB disk and only gave me the option to format unacceptable HERE'S MY BEST IDEAS Special software that will make my most recent failure into a success i e something that will let the laptop recognize the files on the GB drive and back them up Then I would procede to format reinstall etc Get a new hard drive install XP on it stick it into the comp where the failed drive used to be My thinking is that Vista will look to the new hard drive to find the XP files where it used to find them on the old drive find them and load as normal Does anyone know of such a software Or will my second idea work Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Help me get Vista working again please?

Answered in your other post . . please do not double post . . causes confusion

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-me-get-vista-working-again-please-248570.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

Just to let everyone know this is not my computer so i dont know exactly what has done to it or whatever.
This is the problem supposedly the dvd r that came with the computer ( hp a6219h) it has a dvd drive in it already but it wont work. We put antoher one in and when vista boots up it says found new hardware installing and then it says it failed to install new hardware. in deivce manager it has error 31 for both drives, the packging with the new sony drive says it should be plug and play which usually works but it doesnt for vista on here its vista home premium

if anyone has any idea on this because im stumped

one of the drives is sata ( the one that came with the comp) the new drive is ata

A:DVD-R not working in vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

would this work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-not-working-in-vista.97354/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have dell ispiron 1520 with vista home premium, i have power to my cd/dvd rom but it is not found in my device manager and it says is not connected. I tried removing filters and i also tried rebooting windows with a complete reinstall on it. I can't figure out the bios eather. is it possible the drive is bad. thanks jeremy

A:cd/dvd rom not working in vista

Sure it is possible the drive has failed.

Does the drive ID correctly in the bios or not? If it does not ID correctly in the bios, I would attempt to reseat ALL connections for the drive. If it still does not ID correctly in the bios, install a new drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-rom-not-working-in-vista.763359/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

I have some logitech 5.1 speakers hooked up to my pc but only the front left and right speakers are working. This is despite me having the latest soundmax drivers (for my Asus mobo) and the remaining 3.1 speakers making sounds if I use the test speakers button in the sound options of control panel. They just don't work for music/movies/games, it is very strange.

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 33.97%

My mother just recently gave me a new 5.1 surround system for my computer. I have a "High Definition Audio" Sound card. I'm not skilled in sound cards so don't know if thats technically what it is but it was listed in device manager. The problem is when i play music i can hear the music but not the voice, in which i believe the voice comes out of the back 2 speakers which are not working. Can you lead me into the direction of fixing this? Thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

My 5.1's rear speaker sound comes out from front speakers.
I was using xp pro before, works perfect.
recently i installed vista x64.
Driver for Creative x-fi Xtreme is installed, when i click rear speakers,
sound comes out from front speakers,
front speakers and bass is fine.

Spec:
x-530 logitech 5.1
Creative x-fi Xtreme
Vista Ultimate x64

A:Vista x64 5.1 not working

This is what someone else tried and apparently worked for them.

""I dual boot with Windows XP and on the XP side the X-Fi drivers are pretty much workingly perfectly at this point. However on my Vista 64 side I quickly identify three issues that always seem to come up.

Speaker configuration not properly detected. Even though Vista is setup for 5.1 sound, the drivers default to 2.0. Even if the speakers are changed to 5.1 in the Creative control panels, I still only get 2.0 sound. Creative settings reset everytime the computer reboots. Can not hear mic.

Speaker Configuration:
It sounds like the CTXFIREG.exe process is suppose to be the one that detects that I have a 5.1 speaker configuration in the Windows audio control panel and synchronize this setting with the Creative control panels, but it doesn’t. To fix this I just launch the Creative Console Launcher. Go into each of the three modes, Game, Entertainment, and Audio Creation, and set the speakers to 5.1 manually. But don’t do that just yet until you see the next paragraph.

2.0 Sound from 5.1 Speakers:
Even after I manually set my speakers to 5.1 in the Creative control panel, and I successfully hear test tones from all 5 speakers, I will still only hear 2.0 sound from games and movies. I found the fix for this is to launch the Creative Console Launcher, go to Game Mode and press the default button. This resets the speakers back to 2.0, but now when I select 5.1, I’ll actually hear 5.1 from my games and movies. Repeat this for the Entertainment Mode too. Make sure Audio Creation is still set to 5.1 mode, but it has no Default reset button for this mode (I don’t really use this mode anyway).

Creative Settings Reset:
Unfortunately after you’ve fixed your speaker out configuration and you got your movies and games sounding right, you might find that after rebooting things go back to 2.0 sound again. Sometimes it may not even happen after the first reboot, but later. Apparently the cause is that CTXIREG.exe process again. That process that supposedly tries to synchronize settings between the Windows and Creative control panels. Something doesn’t go right and the settings get reset by this. Disabling this process with MSCONFIG (or removing it from HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run) seems to fix the problem."

VN Boards - Creative X-Fi Xtreme with Windows Vista 64 SP1 Guide

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/220131-vista-x64-5-1-not-working.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Please help My computer seems to have is not working! Vista many problems and I have no idea what is causing them no known virus registry changes etc I can not access the internet connection wireless in normal mode The connection is available in safe mode and internet explorer works Almost everything that I do in normal mode freezes and has to be stopped using ctl alt del Windows security center and firewall are off and can't be accessed when I try to turn on security center in safe mode I get quot the security center service can't be started quot In normal mode I can't access the control panel network configurations services msconfig other spyware programs spysweeper malware bytes etc IE won't even come up and say that the page can't be displayed or anything It quot thinks quot for a few Vista is not working! seconds and then the rotating cursor stops on some actions it will open a blank page and then freeze there quot thinking quot Basically anything that is associated with Windows or IE does not seem to work The desktop appears normal and I have full access to all of my files and rd party programs AutoCad iTunes etc I had OneCare installed but uninstalled it in safe mode using the clean utility I have run several spyware malware scanners in safe mode and no infected items were found I am afraid that I am going to have to reinstall the OS I have all of my files backed up but I will lose a lot of programs etc if this has to be done Any ideas about what may be causing this or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated

A:Vista is not working!

Welcome

If you follow these instructions, I am sure you will get up and running again. If when you first clean boot there is no effect, let us know.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280864-vista-not-working.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey all. I'm very new to computers. I recently bought new speakers for my Vista 64bit operation system. And i can only seem to get 2.1 sound. The speakers that i have are ''Logitech x-530 speakers. I have been doing reacherch on the internet with no problem solved. The one thing i did read was i had to enable and check the 'Speaker Fill' button on Realtek Hd Audio Manager... But i can't find the Speaker Fill option. If anybody could help me achive 5.1 sound it would be greatley appreciated

Thanks you
Kal0002.

A:working out how to get 5.1 in Vista

Originally Posted by kal0002

Hey all. I'm very new to computers. I recently bought new speakers for my Vista 64bit operation system. And i can only seem to get 2.1 sound. The speakers that i have are ''Logitech x-530 speakers. I have been doing reacherch on the internet with no problem solved. The one thing i did read was i had to enable and check the 'Speaker Fill' button on Realtek Hd Audio Manager... But i can't find the Speaker Fill option. If anybody could help me achive 5.1 sound it would be greatley appreciated

Thanks you
Kal0002.

Hi Kal,

With your system you recieved a small control box with controls for Volume, Power, Bass, and Matrix. Press the Matrix switch.

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/195263-working-out-how-get-5-1-vista.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Four days ago i walked downstairs to boot up my acer aspire ax and that didn t happen I turned my computer on and it gave me two options instead of going to my log in screen it said start up windows normally or do the start up repair recommended I tried to start up windows normally and that did not work because it looked like all was going well then my computer restarted So this time i tried the start up repair and it quot finished quot the repair saying if you have recently attached a device to this computer isn't working?! vista such as a camera or a portable music player remove it and restart you computer I unplugged took out everything i could and this still showed up when i tried to repair it Then i vista isn't working?! tried to restore my computer by going into advanced system recovery and doing a system restore I picked a point two days prior it said it worked so i restarted my computer That did nothing I waited a day don t know why then tried to restart my computer again Same loop happened i tried a full pc restore this time said i do not have a restore file which i do not At this point i googled my predicament i tried many quot solutions quot all to no avail I have tried to turn off the automatic start up repair i have tried to start up safe mode same thing as normal start up I also have tried to do stuff with the command prompt nada I do not have a vista recovery disk or any for that matter My computer was shipped with a valid copy of window s vista and I really do not know what to do now open to all suggestions whether i have tried them or not thank you all for you future help and time Thankyou

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437812/vista-isnt-working/
Relevancy 33.97%

Please help My computer seems to have many problems and I have no idea what is causing them no known virus registry changes etc I can not access the internet connection wireless in normal mode The connection is available in safe mode and internet explorer works Almost everything that I do in normal mode freezes and has to be stopped using ctl alt del Windows security center working! is Vista not and firewall are off and can't Vista is not working! be accessed when I try to turn on security center in safe mode I get quot the security center service can't be started quot In normal mode I can't access the control panel network configurations services msconfig other spyware programs spysweeper malware bytes etc IE won't even come up and say that the page can't be Vista is not working! displayed or anything It quot thinks quot for a few seconds and then the rotating cursor stops on some actions it will open a blank page and then freeze there quot thinking quot Basically anything that is associated with Windows or IE does not seem to work The desktop appears normal and I have full access to all of my files and rd party programs AutoCad iTunes etc I had OneCare installed but uninstalled it in safe mode using the clean utility I have run several spyware malware scanners in safe mode and no infected items were found I also removed Spysweeper in case the firewall was causing problems I am afraid that I am going to have to reinstall the OS I have all of my files backed up but I will lose a lot of programs etc if this has to be done The problems started this past Sunday morning My wife was on the computer to check her email and was on Facebook for a few minutes Then she said that my month old son was at the computer and turned it off obviously he doesn't know any better but I know that it is unsafe to not properly shut down they system I didn't think that shutting down the computer improperly would have caused these problems because it has happened once or twice before without any harm When I got on the computer there was a box up on the screen from OneCare that said something about not being able to run program properly and all of the other previously mentioned problems existed I can access add remove programs but I can't actually perform any functions beyond that in normal mode Since I couldn't uninstall OneCare I downloaded the clean utility from Microsoft in safe mode and ran that Now OneCare is not visible anywhere but I'm sure that there are still remnants Now after running several scans - such as Combofix - when I reboot into normal mode after asking for my password a black screen with an arrow cursor comes up and there is no desktop I have to go to ctl alt del and stop the process explorer exe and then create a new task called explorer exe I have had someone review the Combofix and HijackThis logs and nothing raised any red flags I have also run Spybot S amp D and Malware Bytes Nothing seems to make any difference I don't even know if this is a virus malware or if it is a system error Any ideas about what may be causing this or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated

A:Vista is not working!

My first suggestion is almost always a system restore to before these problems started.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-vista-system-restore-guide/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331790/vista-is-not-working/
Relevancy 33.97%

Please help My computer seems to have many problems and I have no idea what is causing them no known virus registry changes etc I can not access the working! is Vista not internet connection wireless in normal mode The connection is available Vista is not working! in safe mode and internet explorer works Almost everything that I do in normal mode Vista is not working! freezes and has to be stopped using ctl alt del Windows security center and firewall are off and can t be accessed when I try to turn on security center in safe mode I get quot the security center service can t be started quot In normal mode I can Vista is not working! t access the control panel network configurations services msconfig other spyware programs spysweeper malware bytes etc IE won t even come up and say that the page can t be displayed or anything It quot thinks quot for a few seconds and then the rotating cursor stops on some actions it will open a blank page and then freeze there quot thinking quot Basically anything that is associated with Windows or IE does not seem to work The desktop appears normal and I have full access to all of my files and rd party programs AutoCad iTunes etc I had OneCare installed but uninstalled it in safe mode using the clean utility I have run several spyware malware scanners in safe mode and no infected items were found I am afraid that I am going to have to reinstall the OS I have all of my files backed up but I will lose a lot of programs etc if this has to be done Any ideas about what may be causing this or how to fix it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello People I have a problem that has just surfaced over the last days Using a laptop with Windows Vista IE and accessing the internet wirelessly through a desktop machine that has a WIFI modem router My problem is it won't connect to the internet or allow me to connect to Windows Update it gets an error code EFE I'm sure I'm connected because of a few things The connectivity icon at the bottom say's I'm connected when I perform live update with Nortons they all come through ok and when I perform Windows Network Diagnostics it say's quot Windows did not find any problems with computers network connection quot I have in working not Vista IE7 started the machine in safe mode and internet worked something in normal mode is playing up So far I have run full scan of Malwarebytes Norton Internet Security and SuperAnti Spyware all have found no threats I have also reset Internet Explorer using settings in the Tools Internet Options window I think I've covered everything I've done so far where do I go from here Would appreciate any help I can get IE7 not working in Vista Thanks Robert

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-not-working-in-vista-438902.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

I have installed a 1tb Western Digital Caviar SATA HDD into my computer that is running Windows Vista Home Premium (32bit) and for some reason it will not pick up the hard drive (bios does) and whenever I restart my pc VISTA asks for the drivers to install this hard drive.

My Setup is:

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz
ASUS P5B-E
2gb DDR2
8800GTS
150gb WD Raptor 10krpm
Windows Vista Home Premium

Anywayz I saw it in windows at one point and now after I restart because i had to install windows updates its gone again after I moved stuff to it.
I cannot see it in My Computer or Disk Management.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem???

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello folks. I am ne to the form and need some help with me sons Dell 1525 laptop. I am not the best at this so here goes. We can not log in upon start up. The screen says access denied. I have tried to reboot in safe mode with no luck. I tryed system restore but can not get to it. The computer is less than a 1 1/2 old and Dell is no help. He has his school work on here and we need to retreive it.

When this all started, my sone was on youtube and it just locked up? Maybe a virus? Please please help! Thanks, Ken

A:Vista log on not working

Originally Posted by zagnum0357

Hello folks. I am ne to the form and need some help with me sons Dell 1525 laptop. I am not the best at this so here goes. We can not log in upon start up. The screen says access denied. I have tried to reboot in safe mode with no luck. I tryed system restore but can not get to it. The computer is less than a 1 1/2 old and Dell is no help. He has his school work on here and we need to retreive it.

When this all started, my sone was on youtube and it just locked up? Maybe a virus? Please please help! Thanks, Ken

Ken

Is your son the only user on the computer? when he was able to log in was he a regular user or administrator?

Do you guys have the dvd/cd's that came with the computer? what changed to prevent him from logging on? did he change something? download something? Is there a working anti virus on the machine?

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255590-vista-log-not-working.html
Relevancy 33.97%

hi there i was able to vista working not dvd in use my dvd player and then both of them both quit i put a new cable thinking because both the drives both quit working that might have been the problem but it dvd not working in vista wasnt i just bought my computer in febuary gateway with vista home on it i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the dvd drives tried to download drivers again but every time i put a dvd or a cd in either drive the computer doesnt show that i have put anything in it however when i go to device manager it shows both dvd drives there they are atapi dh w p ata and idi dvd rom x ata device and in device manager when you click on them they say there are both working how do i get them to work again also dont know if this happened around the same time it says my multimedia keyboard quit working and no solution is found at this time nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I recently purchased Vista but the serial number isn't working. I re-typed it multiple time with no luck. Does anybody know what might be wrong, or if they know a Microsoft number I can call for help?

I bought 2 copies of Vista. The first serial number works, but I don't think I can use a serial number more than once with vista. Help please.

Relevancy 33.97%

I can no longer use IE as no matter what site I type I am either sent to a screen saying the address is invalid or it cannot access it.

I am usually redirected to either "http:///"

or

"http://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p="NAME OF SITE ENTERED"&fr=chr-nick

Also tried firefox and it wont work either.

A:IE on Vista: Not working

You are likely infected . . You can click on the Spyware Cleaning link in my signature to start the process of curing the infection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-on-vista-not-working-232194.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My cd/dvd drive will not work at all. In device manager it shows an !. It also tells me it does not need to be upgraded. I cannot find any upper or lower filters. When I search "regedit" nothing is found. I am "partially" literate in all this, but I can follow directions, so if you can offer me assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. This drive has worked in the past. And at some point, these filters were there. Thanks.

A:vista sp1 cd/dvd not working

dvd drives dont need drivers. Have you tried reseating the power and data cables to make sure theyre firmly set?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/194018-vista-sp1-cd-dvd-not-working.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I am REALLY close to throwing everything of value on my PC onto an external HDD and reformatting my drives I had been away from this computer for about NOTHING is in working Vista months with it turned off I come back open windows media player to NOTHING in Vista is working listen to some music and it freezes I figure it's just because my drives are filled up and things are running slowly No biggie I wait It's still frozen a good minutes later so I end the process with the task manager After trying to use other programs click things in the control NOTHING in Vista is working panel I notice that everything I click freezes If I open the control panel to try to update windows something I haven't done in a while I can click quot security center quot but when the window comes up it's absolutely blank and nothing happens No icons no loading nothing I have a good-for- -downloads registration for McAfee I downloaded the installer and when opened it gets halfway into the installation and then gives me one of those basic quot close program check online for solution quot errors Everything has to be done in safe mode and even then I can't install things that would be critical to removing errors viruses I know I have viruses that have not been cleared out found them through McAfee's free scan on their site so the problem remains I've spent full days doing nothing but going back and forth from safe mode to regular startup google searching dozens of different troubleshooting techniques and NOTHING has changed I need this problem fixed EDIT Also looks like I can't run HijackThis outside Safe Mode I'm going to try to run it IN safe mode but other than that I don't think it'll work

A:NOTHING in Vista is working

check if it is clear of dust,when they are not used for awhile damp can get into the dust and cause problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nothing-in-vista-is-working-504862.html
Relevancy 33.97%

i was using win xp.in that asp pages were working correctly.

now i am using win vista but the asp pages are not working in this . why ? please help me . make me understand easily.
i am using asp with access

thankyou.

A:asp not working in vista why ?

What do you mean by not working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asp-not-working-in-vista-why.646233/
Relevancy 33.97%

Does anybody know how to get the mic to work on vista?

A:mic not working with vista

Um......, what mike, mini plug or USB, what Mobo?, sound card or embedded sound?? What application are you trying to use the Mic in or just trying to see it in the control pannel?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mic-not-working-with-vista-146602.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi. I can't load vista on my desk top PC. It will power up and goes to " Launch startup repair" then next there are 4 options.On choosing "start Microsoft windows repair environment" it just sits there and doesn't move on to the next phase. I have tried "start normally" but the time bar just sits on the screen and nothing else happens.

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there,

I just purchased a Sony Vaio with Vista. It appears that when I try to copy and past a gif image, or drag and drop it, the paste or drop function is not working correctly. I have verified that cut and paste and drag and drop is activated on the machine.

I can past into a Word file, but not onto an ftp file/link.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
Rebecca

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/178571-cut-paste-not-working-vista-help.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, i have the following configuration

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
5 GB DDR2
Giga-Byte GA-M57SLI-S4 Motherboard
Gainward 9600 GT Golden Sample
2x160 GB SATA II Seagate + 250 GB SATA II Seagate
Microsoft LifeCam VX500
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 with all updates

My problem is like this all drivers installed with no problems but no aplication can detect my webcam ... under Windows XP it works fine on same computer on Vista the aplications cannot see any installed webcams on my system ... any one has any ideea about this ?

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/9462/webacmep7.jpg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/webcam-not-working-on-vista-x64-325923.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am running a Dell XPS 420 with Vista OS. I have an HP All-in-one printer 1315psc connected. When I first bought the system I had these same issues and HP sent me a patch disk. Neadless to say I can't find the patch that HP sent me to fix the communication issue. I recently downloaded windows updates and I believe that it over wrote my patch that was working. I have already checked for paper jams, cable connections....the printer will print a test page after being turned off and back on again. I do get one printer (error OX0000007a) during my many attempts to fix this printer. The other concern I have is HP downloads don't show the 1315 psc they show a 1310 psc in their download library. If you know of an answer it sure would make a great holiday gift in my house. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 33.54%

Here s the specs on my friend s Vista ready laptop Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Model HP Pavillion dv RP UA ABA CPU AMD Turion X GHZ RAM MB OS bit Windows Vista Home Premium The laptop has cable internet access which now... Vista Well working and was networking in it can t connect to I had ethernet working fine after disabling some security settings on this laptop the Well networking was working in Vista and now... other day I turned the laptop off and left it at my friend s house overnight and came back today to finish installing his games Now it claims a network cable is unplugged So naturally I check the ethernet cable to make sure it wasn t loose Still nothing so I switched ethernet cables thinking maybe somehow that cable was faulty It still shows no connection Every other computer on my friend s home network are running XP and are connected to the internet just fine but this laptop is running Vista and won t connect to the internet I ve tried going into the command prompt under Vista and doing ipconfig renew etc but I get a message saying quot The requested operation requires elevation quot I m not really sure what that means but I assumed it means the user couldn t do that action if it wasn t an admin account So I double-checked his user account type and it s admin-level Now I m confused about why I can t do ipconfig commands when I could pretty much do it with my eyes closed in XP Although since the laptop is convinced a network cable is unplugged being able to even at least attempt to use ipconfig wouldn t do any good for me His norton internet security suite is still disabled from the other day his vista firewall is disabled there is nothing that I can see that could in any way imagineable be interfering with connected to the network I don t get what s going on The network was fine one day and now it s not I doubt it s hardware damage or corrupted driver as it did nothing but sit here the whole night and the only thing I was doing the last time ethernet was working was installing games which I don t see how those could screw with the ethernet connection either Personally I m putting the blame on the OS itself considering it s still new and all the posts I ve seen detailing a dizzying array of Vista-related conundrums Anybody more familiar with Vista than me have any ideas on what I can do to fix this I ve scanned the laptop with the Norton Protection Center and found nothing that could be interfering with network connection at all I don t remember having any such problems when switching over to XP when it came out so my opinion of Vista right now is unbelievably low Heck networking a Linux box using SAMBA to an XP machine was incredibly and suprisingly simple not so much for Vista it would seem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/well-networking-was-working-in-vista-and-now.555134/
Relevancy 33.54%

Last night, my computer crashed and when I rebooted the internet decided it didnt want to work anymore on my vista machine. It still works on a laptop running XP which I dont quite understand.

So far i've tried..

Unplugging and replugging the router from the wall socket
Changing the cables for my computer
Diagnostics on Vista
Searching for a new IP address

all to no avail. I have no clue now what the problem is. The only sign of life ive seen is the internet status going from "limited or no connectivity" to "unidentified network"

any suggestions?

A:Internet not working on Vista.

Update

Reinstalled vista to work on a clean installation and still nothing.

Any ideas of the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-on-vista.650520/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi! My name is Apoorva. I am from India. I am facing an issue with IE 7 Phishing feature. When I try to visit any website, the phishing filter does not check the website for phishing and when I point the cursor on the phishing icon which is located on the status bar of IE 7, it displays a message: " Phishing Filter cannot check this website because the Microsoft online service is temporarily unavailable".

What could be the issue?

I am using Windows VISTA RTM 6000.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-7-phishing-not-working-vista.557616/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, I'm running a dual-core system w/ a gigabye s5, amd 6600, 2x 7900GTs, 2Gb XMS2, and a 500W truepower i think...

anyway, i just bought vista home premium, installed it pretty much without a hitch, but the only thing is, in my nVidia control panel, i cant find where to turn on SLI.

im using the 100.45 nvidia drivers, i've heard they worked.

also, when i go into my device manager, it shows both cards are there, but one has a yellow ! on it. when i go to that card and try to install the drivers, it says that it's already up to date.

please help!

thanks

jon

A:SLI not working with vista home

look in the bios to see if it has to be turned on,also redirect the g-card from device manager to the drivers in windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sli-not-working-with-vista-home-226553.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Running Windows Vista Ultimate on Gigabyte GA8IPE1000-G board with socket-478, Pentium 4, 2.8-GHz processor and 2 Gigs of DDR RAM.

I never had this problem running Windows 2000 and the same applications; but, it seems Vista is continuously making my hard disk tickity-tick and it almost never stops. I have Windows Automatic Update disabled.

What is Vista working on all the time?

I have a Windows 2000 system with the same hardware (except 3 GHz and only 1 Gig of RAM) sitting right next to this one that is idle most of the time and it never makes a peep unless I am actually using it; but, when I have been away come back, the Vista system is tickity-tickity-tickity when it hasn't been touched in hours.

I can confirm malware nor viruses are a factor.

Relevancy 33.54%

Basically im trying to fix my mothers laptop right now and nothing is working, see my little neice was playing on the computer clicked something and now i cannot get an IP address. Wired and wireless both say connected but no internet at all, windows auto fix for the problem proved about as usefull as vista itself. Any ideas on how to get the internet back up and running, i tried to search online for a solution but vista has so many problems with it i couldnt wade through the hundreds of problems that could cause this. Im quite experianced with computers (XP specifially) and really need help as i dont want to reinstall the whole OS for such an annoying problem. thanks in advance

A:Vista Internet not working

Bump, in serious need of help here please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281876/vista-internet-not-working/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just got a new pc with Vista Home Premium installed and I loved it at first The issues I have are My Lexmark X All In One printer will not function with Vista I installed the software working is not Vista properly? and the Vista driver that I got from Lexmark com I tried to print and it told me that it cannot communicate with the printer I can clearly see that the printer is connected to the usb hub on my pc I had a strange thing happen when I first got my pc last week When I first turned it on it froze on the boot screen where it shows the Dell logo or whatever brand you have It remained on that screen until I unplugged the printer's usb cord Once I removed it it booted up I don't really know why I unplugged that cord but it worked Why might it be working It worked fine on XP Also anytime I try to add a new search provider in Vista is not working properly? the search bar in IE that came with Vista a dialogue box appears Vista is not working properly? telling me that the script on the page is not working and asks if I wish to continue running scripts on the page Finally IE keeps having to restart because it stops responding I know it is still new and is not complete yet but is there anything that can be done I really would appreciate any help you can give I need to get my printer functioning as soon as possible Thanks for your help - JC

A:Vista is not working properly?

Hi JC -

I would advise that you un-install IE 8 and return to IE 7 until system stability in tact. As you know - IE 8 is beta and unless you are in the position to re-format and re-install Vista - DO NOT USE (TEST) USE IT ! You may have to go that route to rid your system of IE 8. I would suggest this since your system is only a week old.

As for the freezing on the boot screen - check the Event Viewer (START | type eventvwr.msc) - start w/ Admin filtered log. Also check WERCON (START | wercon.exe) as there may be information on the apparent app crash /hang.

The printer problem may be the driver. What is the origin of the driver? How old is it? Check the Device Manager (START | devmgmt.msc) - enable hidden devices under 'View' and look for any red/yellow flags.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-is-not-working-properly-353486.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi - I have a Presario Desktop that's running Vista. I've never been able to get speakers to work. The speakers are Altec Lansing. The sound drive is Realtek HD Audio. I updated the driver last night and now my system says I have "no output audio device installed". Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Relevancy 33.54%

I have downloaded avg several times and it is ok untill I shut down my computer at night. When I bring it back up the next morning it is not working and I have to download it again. Windows update has told me to download several things but nothing works. Help

A:windows vista and avg not working together

Hello carolynkitchens

Are you sure it is not working?
Could it just be that it is not in the system tray?

Click the Start Button and hover over All Programs
Find AVG in the list (might be under Grisoft).
Click to open the folder.
Hover over each entry until you find its entry in Program Files then click this.

Does AVG open then?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-and-avg-not-working-together-233224.html
Relevancy 33.54%

My friend working new not drive HP with VISTA D bought a new hp laptop in May and had never taken it out of the box until last week She brought D drive not working new HP with VISTA it over and I set it up for her Everything ok until we tried to install the Alltel Wireless software via the D drive It started running but never finished the install D drive not working new HP with VISTA After talking with Alltel techs Staples techs where she purchased the D drive not working new HP with VISTA laptop and about hours on the phone this is what we had done uninstalled the Alltel Software D drive totally gone from computer Won't do anything Staples tech walked me through a complete system recovery which brought the computer back to original quot out of the box quot status D drive still not working Is there anything other than a bad D drive hardware that could cause this or be fixed I dread calling Hp and spending hours on the phone if it simply needs to be shipped back to them for a new D drive gt Thanks in advance for any advise

A:D drive not working new HP with VISTA

what do you mean by D drive not working?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/d-drive-not-working-new-hp-with-vista-331989.html
Relevancy 33.54%

The slideshow option in Windows Explorer no longer works on my PC (Vista Home Premium 32 bit). When I click on the option the timer shows for a couple of seconds then disappears and nothing happens. I have looked through some other similar threads but they all appear to have slightly different symptoms from me - i.e they normally get the slideshow viewer to appear with a constant Wait instruction - I am not even getting that far. As a test, in case there were too many pics or the file sizes were too large, I have created a new folder with just a small number of low-res pics but it still won't work. Any suggestions please?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/282879-slideshow-not-working-vista.html
Relevancy 33.54%

i turned my laptop on the other day and i get a blue screen

STOP c0000218 registry hive file
.....system32/config/software
not writable or whatever

i cant find my vista premium dvd so id like to do a clean install with my xp pro cd.
i cant get the dvd drive to work though i just keep getting thrown to the blue screen.

what should i do?

A:Vista Stopped Working

I'd suggest contacting the computer manufacturer for a set of replacement Vista disks - it'll be a lot easier than hunting down all the drivers that you'll need for XP.

That being said, there should be a key combination that you can press to get to the boot menu/BIOS on your laptop. Here's some of them:
Toshiba - F12
Gateway/eMachines - F10
Dell - F12
Sony - look for the prompt to boot from CD
HP/Compaq - Esc

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154639/vista-stopped-working/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,

I just got a new Compaq Presario with Windows Vista Home Premium and am trying to connect an old (2004) printer - HP PSC 1210 all-in-one.

There is no driver on the HP site - just information that a basic driver within Vista should work. Also there is a HP Print Diagnostic program.

When I run the diagnostic program - there are no errors showing and I can print a test page.

Otherwise, I cannot print all all... Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-psc-1210-not-working-in-vista.755577/
Relevancy 33.54%

All of a sudden, my computer no longer played my music or videos.

I can open up Itunes, Windows Media Player, Ruckus, etc. but when I try to play a video or song it will not play. No error messages come up when I play it on any of the programs; the files open but they wont start playing. And I dont think anything is wrong with my sound card because I can still hear .wav sounds from starting the computer and everything.

I checked my sound card by going to the Device Manager and it says the driver is up to date and everything.

What's going on?

A:Media not working on Vista

Since you can hear the computer sounds, it's obviously not a sound card problem.

when I try to play a video or song it will not playClick to expand...

What formats of audio/video sounds are you playing? Since you can hear a .wav sound from the computer, try opening a wav file and see if it works

the files open but they wont start playingClick to expand...

What's your default program for starting audio/video?
If you double click an audio file, does the (seek) bar move and you don't hear sounds? or does it not move at all?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-not-working-on-vista.645297/
Relevancy 33.54%

Okay my computer was running fine for about 8 months but now when I try to play a video it says that it is in use (The video plays but a popup comes up saying it is in use closes) It will also not play any dvds

Besides that everything else seems to be working fine. Usually I can figure these things out but this has got me stumped, I havn't added new apps except some betas, and demos of games

*Been reading a bit here and it seems to be related to Aim 6.5 anyone know how to fix it if you can't restore the settings?

I have already tried:
Flashed to updated bios
Disable SLI
New and Older Video Drivers
New Nforce Motherboard drivers
Reinstall DirectX

Any help would be appreciated

Asus Striker Extreme
E6300 OC'ed to 2.8
4 Gig xms ddr 2
2x Hitachi Raid-0
2x 8800 GTS 640 mbs SLI
Vista 32bit

A:Vista saying files in use + dvd not working

Okay was able to restore my system to the oldest date and the problem is solved if anyone else is having this problem its aim 6.5! restore your system

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-saying-files-in-use-dvd-not-working.645521/
Relevancy 33.54%

So I have had my computer for like 3 weeks, and it was working fine. Then all of a sudden while installing world of warcraft it froze completely. And since then whenever I turn it on my monitor doesnt come on. I put my friends video card in which is like a 7800 or something. And it works fine. So I reformatted reinstalled my drivers and tried again still wouldnt work. So I reformatted it again. And now it wont even let me install my drivers cause I put my old video card in it which is an ATI video card. So when I try it tells me the drivers aren't compatible with my hardware. Does anyone have any idea what I should do to fix this? please please help

Oh i have windows vista, and the video card works in other computers. Just not my new one.

Relevancy 33.54%

Okay so I posted this at another vista forum last night Okay The other day I got a nice TB hard drive and decided to introduce it to Windows Vista Ultimate is BUT sound says IT'S :( the Vista NOT working bit version today I am actually using it now to post this I have been able to update most drivers to fix issues thus far without a hitch but for Vista says the sound is working BUT IT'S NOT :( hours now I have been working to try and get the Audio to work I have Realtek HD audio and I have the newest drivers for Vista bit updated I've checked in the device manager section and nothing there is flagged that anything is conflicting or needing an update The audio bars even tell me that I should be hearing sound they are bouncing around when I listen to something that should have sound but I don't have sound I have tried everything with drivers changing them installing a load of different ones What is the world Vista says the sound is working BUT IT'S NOT :( could be causing this I also have another Hard drive in this computer with XP and the sound works fine in that without changing anything So if you help I will appreciate it very much PC Specs Intel Core Quad Q Ghz GB DDR RAM Nvidia Geforce GT TB Sata Hard drive Vista Install GB IDE Hard drive XP Install If any other info is helpful lemme know Someone replied with Have you tried to load the default sound driver If not please try the following This works Click Start type Device Manager in the Start Search box and then press ENTER In the Device Manager dialog box expand Sound video and game controllers Locate the audio device that was included with the computer Right-click the device and then click Properties Click the Driver tab and then click Uninstall Make sure that the Delete the Driver Software for this device check box is cleared and then click OK In the Device Manager dialog box click the Action menu and then click Scan for hardware changes You receive a message that states that a hardware device is being installed and then the uninstalled audio device appears in Device Manager Close the Device Manager dialog box Determine whether you can now hear sound If you can hear sound the issue is resolved If the current sound driver did not reload or if it did reload but you cannot hear sound uninstall the sound driver again but this time do not Scan for hardware changes Go to programs and features and Uninstall the Realtek and then restart the computer Vista will load the default sound driver automatically once you restart the computer and you should be able to hear sound now Best of luck I tried everything suggested but nothing is working I have tried the audio drivers that came with my mobo on the cd which happens to be an MSI p Neo Those didn't work I found a little bit updated drivers of those online and tried them also didn't work I just don't know I really need help with this problem Also remember that vista is telling me there is sound but there isn't and it is something with Vista since I can restart and go to my XP install and have sound Please help me before microsoft's product drives me to suicide

A:Vista says the sound is working BUT IT'S NOT :(

I GOT IT! Okay this is both stupid on my part, but not entirely. So, just sitting here I decided to start switching the jacks that I had my headphones plugged into (even though I knew I had them in the right jack). I mean the jack I had it in works in XP...Then I started switching the jacks to every one and I put it in another one and it decided to start working...Why? The jacks just changed functionality switching between vista and xp?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/218928-vista-says-sound-working-but-its-not.html
Relevancy 33.54%

ok...my old computer...an m7060n HP....had a tv tuner card that worked perfectly fine with the 32bit version of vista...and since i found out my cpu supports 64bit i switched to 64 bit....seems like there is no driver software...and cant find wat kind of card it is so i can chek their website...

A:TV Tuner Not Working in Vista X64

Unless you find out what kind of card it is, we cannot help you ?

hmm..In Vista X86 when the Card works look in Device Manager,you will definately find out what kind of Card it is.
Then search on Google for the Driver , but if there is no Vista X64 driver for that card ,i guess you should stick to X86.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/112614-tv-tuner-not-working-vista-x64.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am tryingto run te above on this packard bell laptop and I am getting the following message 'chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process would I like this this volume to be checked the next time I restart.' I click yes but when I restart it does not check. I have been doing this from the command prompt. But I have tried from computer right click drive click properties tools. Same thing happens, I can do a chk dsk using just chkdsk c: which tells me that something needs fixing.

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello first off the internet was working fine until a Windows Update in Vista a weeks ago when my internet stopped working on Ultimate x I have Dual Boot XP Home and not Vista working. x64 Internet Ultimate x on seperate partitions The internet is working fine on XP and has good performance however since the Windows Update my internet has stopped working and the network device can t communicate with the router I have updated to the latest network adapter drivers and am still not having any luck I have done the following cmd commands run in Admin mode to help diagnose the problem Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jamie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No C Users Jamie gt ping Google Ping request could not find host Google Please check the name and try again C Users Jamie gt ping Unable to contact IP driver error code It seems that the network adapter can t communicate with the router and I have no idea how to fix this I also got the following information from trying to setup another connection Component GUID ECA - B- BC -A FA-B F B C Component file C Windows system connect dll Error x BA lt The error Vista x64 Internet not working. message could not be found gt Additional info Failed to detect Internet connectivity Here are some screenshots sorry for the Vista x64 Internet not working. size from IE Your help is much appreciated And my network adapter is a Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller with the latest drivers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-x64-internet-not-working.632314/
Relevancy 33.54%

i have just setup a dual boot system with xp and vista 32 bit.

When i first set this up the visat deframenter works ok (Just a small circle going round and round) but i stopped it because it took ages, and now wn#hen i click on defrag it say i have to give permission and then nothing

Also i have installed acronis dick director and when i try to run it i get i dont have permission to run this program, i am logged in as computer administrator

Help please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-defrag-not-working.608451/
Relevancy 33.54%

Does anyone know of a fix which will allow Cubase SX3 to work with Microsoft Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cubase-sx3-working-on-vista.774893/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am unable to browse the internet. I can ping the dns servers by ip address and open websites by putting the ip address in the browser.

However I am unable to browse or ping any website by address. seems like dns in vista is not able to resolve the address.

I tried disabling the IPV6 stack also but no help. It started off by not able to get the DHCP address from the router. So I assigned manual IP address and preferred DNS server addresses. I did try ipconfig/flushdns but it doesnt help either.

I will appreciate any suggestion or clues?

Thanks

A:dns not working in windows vista

have you tried

https://www.opendns.com/start/

208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/225553-dns-not-working-windows-vista.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, Im having trouble running some games of mine in vista ultimate 32 bit, im getting corrupt looking graphics. Have reinstalled vista and have just finnished installing windows updates witch included a graphics card driver, does this mean im not required to install any drivers from the nvidia website? I have two harddrives, one with xp and the other with vista but im running the games from the harddrive which xp is installed on. Is this a problem? The games I have tried are stalker, graw, some others all with corrupt looking graphics. I have a 7600 GT video card. Please help. Thanks.

Relevancy 33.54%

Dear Members,

I'm running Vista - Home Premium(SP2) on a thinkpad X200s.

I installed Microsoft Security essentials(MES) yesterday.Although everything was working well for sometime, the "Enter" key suddenly stopped working. I've tried un-installing MES, but still can't get the Enter key to work. Actually, i'm not even sure if its a H/w or S/w problem.

I'm hoping someone would have come across a similar issue in the past and can offer me some suggestions.

Thanks,

Kris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enter-key-not-working-in-vista.865353/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am trying to download from file hippo avast free antivirus have even tried it from their website. Long story short any where I try to download it to on the computer it looks like it is downloading and at the very end it says insucffient privileges to save here log in as someone with access to location. not sure have tried saving it to my docs to the downloads folder even the desktop without a go. I am using windows vista with chrome for a browser.

A:Dowloads in vista not working

Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dowloads-in-vista-not-working.1060767/