Windows Support Forum

Recover Data from "Drive Not Found" Failure

Q: Recover Data from "Drive Not Found" Failure

While running chkdsk on my back-up GB HD Seagate ST AS Seagate Barracuda - Hard drive - GB the computer was inadvertantly powered down On startup post info said SATA backup drive quot not found quot Drive C and operating system worked fine after losing Drive D I am running XP with the primary C drive being two seagate GB drives in stripe array and the backup drive above as D The drive spins up at power on The checkdisk with repair was based on several earlier errors related to D MFT which I was hoping to solve with checkdisk I m thinking the interuption resulted from Data Found" Failure "Drive Recover Not in the loss of the ability of the bios to see the drive I have about GB of backup data on the drive My critical data is backed up in a third location but there is much data on the drive that would be quot Very nice quot to get back As such I am not prepared to pay much for recovery I would like some hints as to how I might recover at least part of data For example can I somehow reformat or partial reformat and then use free file recovery software to salvage whatever i did not overwrite with the format Is it possible to rebuild the MFT if that is the cause of my problem If so how do I get my system to recognize or quot find quot the drive in question and what software would i use Any suggested path forward including software would be appreceiated Paul-D nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Recover Data from "Drive Not Found" Failure

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.01%

Hello TSG Just yesterday I was using the computer normally until I got a Blue Screen Getting a blue screen is usually something normal that occurs to my every so often so I didn t mind it and rebooted the computer normally Disk not 1 Solved: found" and problem "Drive "Floppy Failure" However I got two more blue screens within the next hour The rd time rebooting my computer starts to act strange as if it had a virus Upon powering up the monitor would just display a black screen with two lines about something --- which I don t remember sorry --- and stayed like that unless I plugged out the power cord or held on the power button to shut down Then when after a few tries it boots and displays a message quot Floppy Disk Failure quot and quot Drive not found Serial ATA SATA- quot and the same message for Drives and show up Also it asks me to continue loading by pressing the F Key When Windows loads the first time it displays a message saying a bunch of hardware has just been installed and ready for use Also Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem my internal clock resetted itself back to Monday November Which if I recall is the date when I got the computer and my speakers do not work TL Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem DR Version Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem blue screens within a short time Floppy disk fail Drivers - not found Serial ATA SATA- - Anyway I browsed through Google but I haven t seen anyone with both problems I disabled my Floppy Disk Drive and that message doesn t show up anymore but the others do and my computer still isn t fixed I ran a virus scan over night but I woke up to a black screen I use avast Antivirus with COMODO Firewall Is this a virus Is this because my hardware is old Here are the Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon X X X Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc X CN G WL Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 83.08%

Hey I had Windows 7 home basic installed on my dell inspiron laptop, and there was only 1 partition (c drive), I think that I deleted something from windows, and now when m switching on the laptop its saying "operating system not found".
Somebody please help me, how can I recover the data on hard drive. Is it possible that data is still present on hdd.
Sorry for my grammer, m not good in english.

A:How to recover data if computer ia showing "no operating system found"

Simply plug the hard drive into another PC, then just copy and paste the data to whatever storage device you have available

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365061-how-recover-data-if-computer-ia-showing-no-operating-system-found.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi everyone I have a GB USB flash drive I recently plugged this flash drive into my Ubuntu Linux-based computer while VMware was running because I needed to get a file out of the virtual machine "invalid recover USB -- data table" to drive flash need partition and I thought that would be the easiest way VMware took control of the device and mounted it in the Windows XP environment it was running I copied a file I needed to get out of the virtual machine onto the flash drive then shut down the virtual machine Now I USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data am having a desperate problem -- the flash drive is no longer readable USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data or mountable in any computer Linux tells me that the device has an quot invalid partition table quot Mac OS X tells me that the device is unreadable or not initialized and another Windows XP computer tells me that the disk in the drive is not formatted The Linux error message gives me the most hope -- I have data that I cannot stress how valuable it is to me on that flash drive and I desperately need to be able to recover it Is there any way of bypassing the partition table and getting at the data I hope someone is able to help me Thank you nbsp

A:USB flash drive "invalid partition table" -- need to recover data

You could try PC Inspector, it's made for these kinds of situations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-flash-drive-invalid-partition-table-need-to-recover-data.497261/
Relevancy 108.36%

Ok so first off let me say I regret ever going to the stupid Geek Squad to fix my computer at all I understand it instantly makes me an object of Recover hard "dead" from drive? data ridicule However I am a jerk and usually can t fix my computer myself So A few months ago my computer was acting all sorts of wonky taking forever to boot up refusing to run simple programs taking forever to connect to the internet wouldn t run even a simple YouTube video etc etc As I desperately needed the computer for school I had an online class about to start I caved and took it to Geek Squad They told me the hard drive was dead and needed to be replaced They also told me it would cost about for data recovery I didn t have any Recover data from "dead" hard drive? this was all done under warranty so I told them to just go ahead and fix it Fast forward a week or two I m at Best Buy picking it up Geek Squad Sign here Oh and here s your discs Me Discs What discs Geek Squad The discs you dropped off when you dropped off the computer Me I didn t drop off any discs Geek Squad Well they were with your computer when we got it Come to find out my two darling sons ages two and four shoved a couple discs into the DVD drive at the same time and without my knowledge Hence my computer did NOT need a new hard drive I m assuming because my kids just clogged it up by trying to force two discs to run at the same time Rather than check this before they ran their diagnostic tests Geek Squad simply chose to say quot failed hard drive quot and replace it Now I m stuck without all my old data I insisted they give me the old hard drive back and they did My question to you all is Is it possible for me to pull the data somehow off this quot dead quot hard drive Or is it possible for me to just put it back in the computer but still keep all the data programs etc I ve been doing a little research and it seems easy enough ha but once I get to that whole quot set it to slave or master quot part I get confused I don t want to screw up the hard drive that the Geek Squad put on here when they replaced it but it would be nice to have all the old data also the old hard drive had a recovery drive D drive for such problems as this so I don t know why they felt it necessary to swap out the entire drive I did make a set of system recovery discs for the old hard drive and I still have them but that didn t include any of my data I m running XP on an HP a n desktop apparently with an ATI hard drive newly installed Any takers nbsp

Relevancy 98.47%

I was copying cut and paste data from one external hard drive a GB IDE Maxtor in a Adaptec USB enclosure to another external a GB IDE Samsung in a Roswill USB enclosure During the move During this move my Thinkpad T p encountered a NMI Parity error to which I m still unsure what caused it though I think it may have been my Dock II screwing stuff up I did memtest times over and my memory passed so I am assuming its my Dock II ANYWAYS So the NMI Parity error "Hard Catastrophic is dawn" Failure" or Drive before night darkest "The was a blue screen and I restarted the computer After the restart I noticed the Maxtor external hard drive was missing from my drive list and in disk management it show as an uninitialized disk Okay no biggie I ve dealt with this before I tried using GetDataBack for NTFS that failed to recover Also failed were Active Partition recovery Data Doctor Recovery File Recovery Restorer TestDisk and ZAR I m guessing my Master File Table is trashed and I can t recover it Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:"Hard Drive Catastrophic Failure" or "The night is darkest before dawn"

Zar should have recovered it (if the data is recoverable)
Also (you may already realize this now) in future Copy and paste

More recovery tools here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-catastrophic-failure-or-the-night-is-darkest-before-dawn.113336/
Relevancy 98.04%

Ok first off I want to say I've searched and searched and searched to no avail in trying to find a solution to this I've come failure not "disk Hard boot found Drive enter" and system insert press disk to the conclusion it's software and Hard Drive not found "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" not hardware based Let Hard Drive not found "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" me start from the top I've had an older computer HP Pavilion a x out Hard Drive not found "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" of commission for a while due to a 'sploded psu I finally get around to ordering one install it and everything is good I bring it back to my office and hook it up to the internet and as expected there's updates So I up date it and after the updates are installed the computer restarts automatically weird yes and as it's coming back on it detects errors and runs CHKDSK So I let it run and it gets to part of At this point in time my partner is really needing to print sometime and all computers print through this computer So after about minutes CHKDSK is still on part at only So I'm like quot screw it quot and manually shut down and restart It's at this point I get a quot primary master hard disk failure quot at the boot screen Letting start up continue I get a quot Stop c unknown hard error systemroot system ntdll dll quot At this point I realize something is delectably wrong Found this thread which didn't help much At some point the c error stops and I start getting quot disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter quot and I found this thread which didn't help much either I have also been searching other sites as well Here's what I found out that's important HDD shows up in BIOS HDD shows up at the boot screen Recovery console does not find the HDD Repair does not work becuase HDD is not detected HDD does not show up in other computers shows failure at boot screen Removed CMOS battery and replaced didn't help FDISK did not detect the HDD Drive is currently in the freezer Changed jumper to Cable Select no help Tried unsuccessfully to create a boot disk This drive is only gb I'm trying to retrieve files that are valuable to me If I can get these and the drive dies I'd be happen gb drives are laughable these days Any help would be GREATLY appreciated This is the first problem I haven't been able to solve with information that's already been posted Thanks in advance Get error quot Windows XP could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem Could not read from selected boot disk Check boot path and disk hardware Please check the Windows XP TM documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information Boot Failed quot

A:Hard Drive not found "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter"

Anything would be super helpful, even if it's bad news. I just need to know if I can get this remedied or not.

Another thing I noticed is that the HDD activity light on the front of the computer does not blink or show any activity.

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-not-found-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-469255.html
Relevancy 95.89%

every time i try to open one of this folders a window apears with this content
cant have acces to C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Configuration\{one of these folders} acces denied
this affects my IE i cant download nothing thru IE all my files on that locations i cant set dispaly pictures on WINDOWS LIVE messenger and all thinks that has anything to do with those folders
any suggsestions or idea
hope you can help me
pd ive scanned my computer and its all clean also i cant install windows XP serivce pack 2 im kinda stucked :/

A:cant open "temprorary files" "aplication data" "program data"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-open-temprorary-files-aplication-data-program-data.555222/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 94.17%

In one office decided to reinstall Windows 7, became ill after working virus.
As expected, copied documents from the desktop to the disk D, format screw and reinstall Windows and a bunch of programm.
Then came the user of this computer and was horrified to find that it has no data in Outlook 2010, and he had already warned that it has a post office.
In general, the file Outlook.pst stayed somewhere on disk C, has already lost.
D drive someone 2 years ago made a backup copy of this file - there is 5GB.
But it is very necessary for the letters of 2012 and 2013.
How can I restore the whole thing? In general, is it possible?

A:"How to recover data, Outlook 2010?"

You might be able to try one of the data recovery programs that are out there. But that is not a guarantee that it will work to recover those letters. This is why you and any computer user essentially should have a backup device of some sort to fully backup your drive(s) at all times; even if you manually make a backup you should still use a backup device. Im not totally familiar with the the data recovery programs that are out there that actually work; so you may have to google search and see what comes up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/354110-how-recover-data-outlook-2010-a.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi My "Smart Failure", recover? to how friend asked me to recover all his data from his hard drive that damaged I plug it to my computer as slave and i get this message at boot SMART "Smart Failure", how to recover? Failure predicted on primary Master Maxtor F L WARNING Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive A failure may be imminent After a search i saw that this is normal in WD disks it seems that they really suck When i boot the pc windows recognizes the drive but i access explorer and the disk isn t there I ran Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and it detects the two hard drives but the WD smart status is fail When i try to see more info i get raw read error rate value -red Then i try to make a quick test and i get cable test - read diagnostics sector error I really need to recover the data from this disk how can i do it Is it possible to do it by booting xp cd recovery console and then try the chkdsk command What else can i do to recover the data Every suggestion is appreciated Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 92.45%

I took out my GB NTFS SATA HDD out of the PC to put into the new HDD enclosure I have just bought Tried several times connecting the new HDD enclosure with my HDD in it but the drive would not appear Checked with quot Windows Disk Management quot in quot Administrative Tools quot and it said that the drive has quot failed quot So I tried How Has Help! recover??? to Data "disappeared", Hdd quot refreshing quot the drive careful NOT to reformat it Eventually I gave up and just took it out of the enclosure to install back into the PC But after installing it back into the PC it shows that the drive is empty and all my photos and videos are gone It says the disk is quot Not Formatted quot and is asking whether I would like to format it I don't understand how all the data has disappeared when the HDD has not Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover??? been reformatted The HDD name has also changed Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover??? to quot Local Disk quot which is typical of unused or newly installed drives There is nothing wrong with the HDD now It's just all the data has gone missing What options do I have now I know that data recovery can be expensive Ironically I was actually in the process of backing it up knowing how much data has already accumulated over the years hence the purchase of the external enclosure I know GB is a lot to recover but those files are irreplaceable BTW running on XP sp Already used quot Partition Find amp Mount quot and quot Testdisk quot but with negative results Truly a very sad day for me I feel like I've been robbed Any help appreciated Thanks all in advance

A:Help! Hdd Data Has "disappeared", How to recover???

Welcome to TSF.

Did you try the TestDisk procedure described here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/1163140-post1.html

Some data recovery programs:

GetDataBack
Recuva
Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-hdd-data-has-disappeared-how-to-recover-264271.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I know this is a longshot but here goes My wife s notebook had a terrible virus that hijacked the entire machine and "restoring" to way recover Any old data after XP? the network connection It wouldn t allow me to restart the machine in safe mode or Any way to recover old data after "restoring" XP? restart it at all for that matter My only choice after talking to Dell and Microsoft techs was to use Dell s quot System Restore quot disk to reinstall XP and start over Needless to say we lost a lot of important data the most vital of Any way to recover old data after "restoring" XP? which included several MS WORD files filled with notes and contact names for family finances etc Now that the notebook is up and running once again after what I assume was a fresh reinstall is there any off-the-shelf software I can use to inspect the harddisk to determine whether any of Any way to recover old data after "restoring" XP? the old files are still there and recoverable I really would like to get those files back Obviously this is a long shot but any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Any way to recover old data after "restoring" XP?

One of the best, and free at that, is PCI File Recovery.

Restoration is another one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-recover-old-data-after-restoring-xp.392147/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi, I'm back with another issue

So, my laptop Windows Vista 32x.

My Hard-Drive I guess had an issue. And my data vanished.......... But the HDD is reading as if it is still there. I re-installed windows, Went to windows.old And my Data is not there............... But I have 1GB left on my HDD is there a way to get the data before I format it?

Update 1.

I downloaded the everything program. Entered the names and found the files. When I went the folder, it was empty, I did folder options to show hidden views, I got the data, But the Files are kinda Shaded out in a light color if that makes sense

A:Recover "Missing Data"

Hello Pinakfans,

A faded file or folder indicates that it was either set to be hidden, or is a hidden system file. You may be able to unhide them by unticking the "Hidden" box as in the tutorial below to not have them faded anymore.

File and Folder - Hide or Unhide - Windows 7 Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289356-recover-missing-data.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi Folks I am running with an ASUS Pro Series and Windows XP Pro In trying to fix a problem with Microsoft Outlooks I was frequently rebooting my computer trying to access the SAFE MODE boot menu and it has now permanently failed to boot and has the following error on screen quot Missing Operating System quot I have tried but cannot seem to access the menu where you can select to reboot in quot Safe Mode quot etc I can only access the BIOS SETUP UTILITY using F and the BIOS RAM EASY FLASH UTILITY using - from Need HD! data Operating "Missing to Boot retrieve Failure: System" F Using the recovery DVD I got as far as the three options - Recover Windows XP to first partition - Recover Windows XP to entire HD - Recover Windows XP to entire HD with partitions I stopped there because it is essential that I retrieve the data from the HD I am not concerned about the laptop Boot Failure: "Missing Operating System" - Need to retrieve data from HD! just the data Yes I am a dumb dumb for not backing all of it up This laptop was Boot Failure: "Missing Operating System" - Need to retrieve data from HD! supplied Boot Failure: "Missing Operating System" - Need to retrieve data from HD! to me by my employer so I am not sure how many partiotions it came with etc Is it safe to assume that the first partition contains the C drive data Are there any fancy tools I can get my hands on - over the net or otherwise - to try to get it booting normally again If not what options would I have for trying to get the data off the HD Also why does is it that I cannot access the SAFE MODE start up menu I will leave it at that for now Please help folks I really need this data Cheers - Rhett in the jungles of Papua New Guinea

A:Boot Failure: "Missing Operating System" - Need to retrieve data from HD!

It almost sounds like Windows became corrupted. As for data recovery unless I'm mistaken (and I might be) no data is truly lost unless the drive physically fails. I know of one program that should help with data recovery but I'm still learning about this topic.

If you are interested the program is: Recover My Files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boot-failure-missing-operating-system-need-to-retrieve-data-from-hd-366537.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello all I'm new amp having a spot of trouble so I decided "Verifying Hangs - data" at DMI failure Boot pool to ask for some help here after seeing many other similar issues resolved The current situation I have partition containing my windows install but it won't even get to the stage where I can select e g safe mode because it hangs at quot Verifying DMI pool data quot after the POST The windows partition is the Boot failure - Hangs at "Verifying DMI pool data" active partition Startup recovery via the windows cd does not help and bootrec commands give quot element Boot failure - Hangs at "Verifying DMI pool data" not found quot I think it's because I deleted some crucial files off what was the boot partition an XP partition then deleted that partition The question How do I get my windows install to boot The Full Story aka the wall of text How it happened When I set up the installs on my current system hard drive a year or two ago I initially installed Windows XP Pro x on a gb partition then decided to install Windows Ultimate x on the remaining gb or so About a month later I realized I barely used the XP install but didn't want to reinstall everything so from my install I deleted all the directories except Windows and any directories marked as System which were hidden i e left all files in the root of the XP partition alone I intended to resize the XP partition later amp use the reclaimed space but I ended up unmapping the drive letter from the XP drive amp so forgot about it Fast forward to a few days ago I was ironically when you consider later events shuffling organizing hard drive contents to allow for easier backups when I noticed the XP partition amp decided to delete everything on it from the partition So now the XP partition has all the files and directories which don't have the system attribute set deleted I didn't restart straight away and got side tracked For the sake of completeness I will mention that the reason I eventually rebooted was because I managed to infect my windows install with a virus I can't remember its name - it hijacked google search results to separate sites for the purpose of tracking my clicks I cleaned the virus or most of it manually it wasn't very persistent as far as I could tell - processes and they didn't even restart each other and restarted to check whether it was gone but encountered the aforementioned quot Verifying DMI pool data quot and a distinct lack of any windows boot screen What I've tried I pulled out my trusty Windows install disk booted from it so it got past quot Verifying DMI pool data quot to boot from it amp chose to repair my system No installs of windows were recognized and the only thing I could do was the Startup Recovery I didn't don't have any backup images I did that several times restarting in between but it didn't help Each time it would tell me that the partition table is corrupt and that it had fixed it Further googling led me to bootrec so I used the command prompt from my disk to try that scanos showed my install fixmbr gave quot operation completed successfully quot or something like that and the other options gave quot element not found quot as their final message The fixmbr did nothing helpful so more googling of this error message led me to diskpart I used diskpart to set the xp partition active then tried to use bootrec on it which gave quot element not found quot again so I restarted to see if startup repair would work now it didn't it still hung at quot Verifying DMI pool quot I tried the same sequence with the partition again quot element not found quot and hung at quot Verifying DMI pool quot I got back into the command prompt again amp played with some more diskpart commands Stupidly that included running quot diskpart clean quot while my system drive was selected After some extreme panicking after all my backups were out of date googling and a failed attempt at using EASEUS Partition Recovery I managed to use testd... Read more

A:Boot failure - Hangs at "Verifying DMI pool data"

Solved it; my system hard drive was not the first hard drive in the BIOS boot priority list. Once I changed the priority to make that hard drive the first hard drive, it got past the Verifying DMI pool data" step after about 15 seconds of waiting, and gave me the "BOOTMGR is missing", "Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart" messages.

I went into the setup dvd, and this time it actually spent some time searching for windows installations. It found one and prompted me to fix it (separate from startup repair), I chose no and went into the command prompt and did bootrec /fixboot. I didn't get "element not found" this time!

Sadly after a restart I still couldn't boot into windows, so I fired up the setup CD and this time allowed the repair. After a reboot, it still didn't work, so I fired up the dvd again yet again and used the manual "Startup Repair" option from the list of about 5 options. This time the diagnostic information gave a different message, something like "the boot record is corrupt", and after clicking Finish, it restarted and windows booted

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/142020-boot-failure-hangs-verifying-dmi-pool-data.html
Relevancy 91.59%

My computer started giving me this message out of no where. "Verifying DMI Pool Data ... Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter". It is or was running on Windows XP. It was fine one day and the next it just gave me this message. Restarting it did nothing. When I press enter it just tells me "Disk boot Failure, Insert Disk and Press Enter". Aside from that it doesn't let me do anything. I can't run it in safe mode or do anything at all. I'm not sure if it might be a virus or if something else is affecting it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:"Verifying DMI pool data...disk failure"

Normally this error means that the ROMBIOS in your computer either encountered an error trying to read the first sector from your hard drive or did not find a valid boot signature on the first sector of the hard drive. The could be the result of any number of things such as the hard drive power or data cable coming loose, the ROMBIOS settings being incorrect and not recognizing your hard drive or the hard drive itself going bad.

I would first make sure that you hear the hard drive spin up when you start the computer and see the drive access light blink a few times and then try going into the ROMBIOS setup and checking to see if your hard drive is being recognized and then take a look at the hard drive cables to make sure that are securely connected. Although not quite as likely it could also be caused by a boot sector virus.

If all else fails I would try removing the drive from the machine and using a $10 USB 2 ATA/IDE cable to connect the drive to another computer to see if it can be accessed and then run a virus scan on the drive.

Good Luck,
John Hensley
www.resqware.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verifying-dmi-pool-data-disk-failure.649463/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi Everyone I'm hoping to get some help I had a power outage while my WD Elements TB Hard drive was on I wasn't accessing it but apparently that was enough I had a lot of important data on it but losing External "Bad failure. after Hard power disk" Drive failure hope after unsuccessful attempts to use PhotoRec to get items off it It doesn't show as accessible in MyComputer but is detected I've included what it shows under the quot Manage quot view of the drive I've also tried MiniTool Partition but it doesn't seem to be able to fix the partition I've also tried Partition Bad Disk and it just shows the whole TB drive as one bad block It won't let me fix it either Does anyone have any other bits of advice I'm at a loss as what to do It seems the data is not recoverable I can't figure out how to get it to show or even how to use it again Please see attachments I'm grateful for any ideas help please Thank you

A:External Hard Drive failure. "Bad disk" after power failure

Hello dime5150. Welcome to the forum

In PW, did you try "Rebuild MBR"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348517-external-hard-drive-failure-bad-disk-after-power-failure.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi Im new to the data......." failure. "Verifying pool DMI site and having some "Verifying DMI pool data......." failure. massive problems with my PC and would really appreciate a little help from someone Basically my PC was fine last night but now when i try to boot i get quot Verifying DMI pool data DISK BOOT FAILIURE ENTER SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot I have searched for similar problems and found many people with the same problem but all from about years ago and people are suggesting to use "Verifying DMI pool data......." failure. a floppy disk to fix it but I dont have a floppy disk drive in my PC Its a pretty new build with the following parts MOBO x Gigabyte GA-EP -DQ iP Socket channel audio ATX Motherboard CHIP x Intel Core Quad Q G Stepping GHz MHz Socket L MB Cache x MB MB per core pair HDD x Seagate ST AS TB Hard Drive SATAII rpm MB Cache RAM x BL KIT AL GB kit GBx Ballistix Tracer -pin DIMM with LEDs Upgrade for a Giga-Byte GA-EP -DQ rev System GFX x PowerColor HD PCS Edition GB GDDR OC Dual DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card And I am running it on Vista Home Premium bit I have opened up the side and ensured everything is connected correctly and everything seems to be in order I have opened up the bios and ensured that the main boot thing is set to HDD There is a QuickFlash function on my motherboard and I have downloaded the file and extracted it to a USB memory stick but it doesnt show up in the quick flash set up box Im leaning towards thinking that the HDD has failed as I cant seem to find any mention of it in the bios but im not really sure how it is meant to look so cant work out if it is wrong Any other thoughts on what could be the problems and how I could fix it Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verifying-dmi-pool-data-failure.773010/
Relevancy 90.3%

This is a client's pc.SONY VAIO All In One VPCL21AFX/B
recvd a "Operating System Not Found" error msg when starting after normal shutdown
rebooted w/o external devices, same error
F8 didn't work
F12 put it into a Sony repair menu Esc'd out to Win menu
Command Line "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" - successful
reboot "Operating System Not Found" error
ran Sony Data Rescue to save data files on external drive and got nothing but empty directories
pulled HD and looked at it as an external on another machine - there are no data files
???
the Sony recovery utility will restore a factory load but delete all data
Where did the data files go? They were all there the night before.

A:Sony Vaio Win7 "Operating System Not Found" - missing data files

Is the HD detected in BIOS setup?

Try running a few Startup Repairs from DVD or Repair CD, which automate all repair commands, tests and fixes.

To take a look at the state of the partitions use Partition Wizard bootable CD.
Post back a camera snap if possible so we can look it over. You can scan for missing partitions using Partition Wizard Partition Recovery Wizard - Video Help. I would also run
Partition Wizard Check File System and Partition Wizard Partition surface test to check HD condition.

You can rescue files as shown in Step 3 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 then get the superior Clean Reinstall without the factory bloatware which is the worst possible Win7 install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280758-sony-vaio-win7-operating-system-not-found-missing-data-files.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Re cloned a G HDD to a G USB Flash stick Nov this link helped me http www techspot com community t e-old-usb-storage-drivers post- Andy ----- Original Message ----- From Andy Sent Friday November PM Subject cloned a G HDD to a G USB Flash stick hi all happy holidays etc this USB drive Flash into solved data "Insert H: drive" loss/lock/error drive is an old issue yet i am still working on it in July I cloned my G HDD onto a G USB Flash solved USB Flash drive "Insert drive into H: drive" data loss/lock/error stick in Sept I had a data loss so I thought to recover my data using this G clone I put this G Flash stick into my computer and it showed up as a Local drive yet was inaccessible and with its LED flashing incessantly this was solved USB Flash drive "Insert drive into H: drive" data loss/lock/error after I treated this G USB flash stick as if it were a whole computer and I then attempted to use misused Win Vista s EasyTransfer program in a failed attempt to restore my lost data solved USB Flash drive "Insert drive into H: drive" data loss/lock/error img src styles default xenforo clear png class mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie alt title Frown I later ran CHKDSK f r on it and Chkdsk repaired and or deleted about quot attributes quot files after which this G Flash only shows up as a Removable Storage not Local drive and remains locked data inaccessible yet without the flashing LED the USB drive when I clicked on it in My Computer would give the an error message quot Insert drive into H drive quot Insert a drive into my tiny USB drive which isn t even a CD or DVD drive I tried all the free home remedy data recovery tools that I could find then I snail-mailed this thumb drive to my computer whiz baby brother finally I purchased for and downloaded Seagate s data recovery tool and had my brother return the drive this was when I found the link above and it s freeware DriveCleanUp program and this solved my issue ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ what I think was still is quot the problem quot locked drive issue is that the clone looks for the same C assignation as my HDD which btw I had been able to upgrade to G the problem now I guess is where can I find an old XP or Vista computer to fool around with changing the C drive letter as I m afraid to experiment on this my only one of my two working lt Vista gt machines ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- this wasn t the problem my issue was caused by left-over USB Flash storage and other USB drivers which once installed were never removed the freeware DriveCleanUp program linked in the link and properly installed please study the instructions in the link should help you with this issue it helped me ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- any thoughts appreciated Andy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-flash-drive-insert-drive-into-h-drive-data-loss-lock-error.1140361/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey folks My first post on here but I problem card failure a sound "meddling"... boot just "beep" tone. after Desktop m in serious trouble Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone. I got a quot new quot to me anyway desktop running XP today and found the audio hardware wasn t working So I pillaged an old machine for its sound card and inserted that onto the motherboard Also connected the Aux and CD lines to the top of the daughterboard Since then to my horror the machine has failed to boot All plugged in keyboard working screen on and being used on another box for this very post All I get now is the usual chirps from the internal soundcard followed by a few very low notes definitely depressing so I guess they re suggesting something s failed There s no further action from the CPU the fan still works but there is no screen output whatever Have I fried the motherboard without realising Also ironically the last failure tone was delivered by my speakers through the originally non-responsive audio hardware I d love a bit of help on this one because my knowledge of computers insidey bits is pretty poor Many thanks Joe nbsp

A:Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-boot-problem-after-sound-card-meddling-just-a-beep-failure-tone.666097/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I have Western digital WD3200BEVT (SATA 320 GB) hard disk drive in my laptop. Today, it suddenly started making noise as if it is stopping after every ~3 seconds and starting again. The HDD light of my laptop started blinking. I disconnected the Hard disk and put in the USB enclosure and it was behaving the same. And I couldn't access the data anyway (neither when it was connected to laptop, not using the enclosure). And it was not recognised by the computer. I personally believe it is hardware failure.

There are lot of important personal data in that HDD and I don't have back up. Do you know if this HDD is repairable? Or, is there anyway to recover the data?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Relevancy 86.43%

I have a chart in an Excel spreadsheet, and it has several "series" in it. Some of the series are charted as "lines", and some are "areas" that fill in the entire background of anything from 0 to the value I have entered.

I have one particular series that is showing up as an "area" but I want it to be drawn as a "line" instead, so it DOESN'T fill in the area below it. I currently have the "background" as "none", but now I have a line from the last value down to "0", and that's what I want to avoid...

Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Excel 2003 - how to change a chart data series from "area" to "line"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-how-to-change-a-chart-data-series-from-area-to-line.688560/
Relevancy 86%

Hello

how can I delete "saved password" and "form data" of microsoft
edge manually ?!

after too much search in google ....

I trid to delete some value of the following registry address
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\

also I tried to delete some files in the following folder
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

and finally I could not find the way ...!!!

please help !

A:delete "saved password" and "form data" from microsoft edge manually

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to settings (... dots from top right), click view Advanced settings and "Manage Saved Passwords".
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35630-delete-saved-password-form-data-microsoft-edge-manually.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I only get the BSOD when playing games not any specific game but any sometime i can go a whole week of playing games and have no BSOD at all and somedays minutes after a game is running it will BSOD everytime all day long When I try to Run any game like GW Or Inquisition my pc turns into Bluescreen with an error CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR I ve already Updated all my drivers and reinstalled all my games also run chkdsk f and memtest with no problems This is the screen Also this is my dump config note that i have windows not Still it doesn t create any File or Folder and when the BSOD happens the blue screen say that its collecting info but it doesn t get off It s the same with the Inpage & Data "Critical Process Error" Died" "Kernel critical process died it just goes to the "Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error" blue screen saying its collecting info but it also doesn t get off I m completely baffled with what to do as the blue screen view hasn t picked up anything and i cant find the dump files nbsp

A:"Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error"

Hi BTW, welcome to the TSG Forums....

You may find this from the MS Community helpful. If Greek is easier to understand than this article then come back to this Forum and someone will help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-kernel-data-inpage-error-and/b67ae41a-9228-4462-9c53-d1f5d115f784

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-process-died-kernel-data-inpage-error.1142685/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have been getting the BSOD since a few weeks and found out by trial and error that a USB-hub is causing the problem. Whenever I disconnect the hub before I shut off the computer I do not get the blue screen.
Yesterday I also got a BSOD that mentioned driver power state failure. After I had de-installed Ubuntu 10.04 (I wanted to see what people are talking about but did not really like it) that problem did not show up again, although I do not know if that is just coincidence.

I have enclosed the dump files as per your instructions and hope that somebody will be able to help me.
Thank you.

A:BSOD with "usbhub.sys" and "driver power state failure"

Welcome!

It does look as if your USB drivers are causing the issue.
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed Apr 28 03:41:32.255 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:47.502
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9482319c, ad39bb40, ad39b720}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for libusb0.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Probably caused by : libusb0.sys ( libusb0+428c )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 03:46:15.009 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.272
BugCheck 124, {0, 8752f544, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 05:22:31.146 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:23.393
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9444b19c, adb53b40, adb53720}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:04:28.103 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:08.365
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 863e9798, 83943b24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:35:12.200 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:06.447
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 86403020, 8396ab24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sat May 8 08:41:03.887 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:47:33.010
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467919c, b3f10b40, b3f10720}
Debug session time: Sat May 1 18:44:19.351 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:50:58.598
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9443619c, adf69b40, adf69720}
Debug session time: Thu Apr 29 04:59:54.140 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:25:46.402
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467f19c, ad7d9b40, ad7d9720}
Debug session time: Tue Apr 27 18:42:43.646 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:02:53.908
BugCheck 7E, {c0000005, 9442a19c, afaf7b40, afaf7720}
Probably cau... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83880-bsod-usbhub-sys-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I've just built a new computer that has a 2nd hand HDD as the secondary drive. It was causing messages to appear like "Hard drive failure imminent - do you want to back up the drive". Since I was still setting up everything on the primary drive I disabled the messages by clicking "Do not show these messages again". Now I realise I should enable the message and remove the offending HDD. I'm running windows 8.1.

How do I re-enable these messages?

A:How to enable "Hard Drive Failure Imminent" messages

Hi chrisg42,

Any chance you unchecked this Maintenance Option in the Action Center. i can't say for sure but it might be worth checking. seems like it might be somehow tied to a periodic SMART check:

Action Center Messages - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/33283-how-enable-hard-drive-failure-imminent-messages.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I am working on a Dell yuk Dimension Here is some info BIOS as best I can tell from the chip and Setup SST LF B from chip "drive your issue typical Solved: failure" seek Not Ver A from setup MOBO Intel D gbf or Foxconn LS- can t get part number from Dell imagine that Chipset GV CPU Solved: Not your typical "drive seek failure" issue Celeron Ghz Basically all I did was put the HDD and CD DVD recorders Solved: Not your typical "drive seek failure" issue from Solved: Not your typical "drive seek failure" issue a Dimension in place of the existing hardware It took a few tries with the BIOS to get it to boot but it booted and was working well Then my sis decided she wanted XP PRO instead of the XP Media Center So I wiped the HDD with killdisk And from there it all went South When I try to install XP PRO I get Diskette drive seek failureClick to expand I assumed it was looking for a non-existant floppy so I went into BIOS and made sure that the floppy option was disabled and that CD DVD was my first boot choice All my drives show up in setup Bios also says quot Floppy Drive Not nstalled and the Floppy is unchecked Unfortunately I can t completely remove the Floppy from the boot list No beeps on startup and all diagnostic lights are green If I let it sit awhile I get TRAP D - General Protection Fault Click to expand Among the several other things it says on the same screen are errcode BD NoCy NoZr IntDis Down TrapDis Click to expand This seems as if it should be easy but I cant figure it out Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Not your typical "drive seek failure" issue

Well...DUH. Looked in BIOS again and checked Drive Config. Found Floppy, and changed it to "not installed"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-not-your-typical-drive-seek-failure-issue.825785/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey all I just bought and installed a TB Seagate Barracuda LP ST AS hard drive in addition to my existing hard drive It was not detected by Windows XP although the serial number ST AS showed up in BIOS I noticed that for a split second as i started up there was a screen with the up to FAILURE" install hard "DISK BOOT drive; 2nd ended with Attempted word quot RAID Attempted to install 2nd hard drive; ended up with "DISK BOOT FAILURE" quot and instructions saying quot press ctrl I quot so i restarted pressed quot ctrl I quot and it took to me to something that said it was for the setup of a raid disk or something like that I thought quot Oh this must be where you format the new hard drive so that it will be recognised quot So i went through a very simple menu that had me select stripe size and some other features that looked very basic an un-threatening and then finished the RAID setup thing I restarted the computer and now it says DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER At that point i had a heart attack Can anybody help me I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:Attempted to install 2nd hard drive; ended up with "DISK BOOT FAILURE"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/attempted-to-install-2nd-hard-drive-ended-up-with-disk-boot-failure.947552/
Relevancy 85.14%

hello my computer started this morning with a black screen that said quot SMART failure predicted on hard disk -S M A R T hard drive detects imminent failure back up contents of hard drive and run HDD self test failure" drive detects "Hard imminent in F to continue quot What do I do I need your help ASAP please please please "Hard drive detects imminent failure" Veronica here is the hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C "Hard drive detects imminent failure" Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS System carpserv exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files McGill NetConnect ArubaService exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system HPConfig exe "Hard drive detects imminent failure" C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities HPWirelessMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Veronica Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Veronica Application Data Mozilla Profiles default s q r slt prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run TV Now quot C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities TvNow exe quot RK O - HKLM Run Display Settings quot C Program Files HPQ Notebook Utilities hptasks exe quot s O - HKLM Run QT HPOT quot C Program Files HPQ One-Touch OneTouch EXE quot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HP... Read more

A:"Hard drive detects imminent failure"

hello again, now it is posting that message everytime i start my computer. here is a more recent hijack this log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:02:48 AM, on 5/5/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\McGill NetConnect 2.0\ArubaService.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\One-Touch\OneTouch.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\DrgToDsc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\Acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPConfig.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\HPWirelessMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Veronica\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hotmail.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Veronica\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\s5q3462r.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TV Now] "C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\TvNow.exe" /RK
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Display Settings] "C:\Program Files\HPQ\Notebook Utilities\hptasks.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QT4HPOT] "C:\Program Files\HPQ\One-Touch\OneTouch.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure.709264/
Relevancy 85.14%

hello
everytime i start my computer a black screen comes up that says "hard drive detects imminent failure. 1720-S.M.A.R.T hard drive detects imminent failure, back up all contents, run an HDD self-test in F2". What do I do? it is running very slow and crashing a lot. please please please help ASAP!

veronica

A:"Hard drive detects imminent failure"

Hi Veronica,

I would suggest copying anything you value off of the hard drive right away. S.M.A.R.T. is short for "Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology" that is built into many hard disk drives. Your hard drive may be telling you that it may fail completely (as in total loss of all contents) at any time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure.709817/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all Seeing this thread being preoccupied today drive, "data" How on relocate separate 2nd internal OS drive? from to with work projects and generally obsessing over the imminent arrival of my first system with dual internal drives I must ask my next really stupid question How do I relocate my data from quot My Documents quot on the GB SSD OS drive on which I assume How to relocate "data" on 2nd internal drive, separate from OS drive? it will arrive from the factory to the other internal data drive a TB spinner All of my previous and current systems had have a single hard drive either a spinner or a SSD but not both So this is new How to relocate "data" on 2nd internal drive, separate from OS drive? for me This will be an OEM box not an upgrade and not a home-built system I assume it will arrive from the factory with quot everything quot on the SSD C and quot nothing quot on the spinner I guess the HDD will be D FWIW the system will have only a single Admin user account Before I get too far down a rabbit hole when it arrives later this week and before I move my quot How to relocate "data" on 2nd internal drive, separate from OS drive? old quot data from the old system to the new one I just need to know how to make sure that I properly locate my data folders documents pictures videos etc on the new system's data HDD rather than on its OS SSD I presume it's not as easy as a mere quot drag and drop quot of the quot My Documents quot folder from C to D right I have to somehow quot point quot Windoze to the new non-default location I know this is a really really stupid question from an old geezer So thanks very much for your patience MM

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54469-how-relocate-data-2nd-internal-drive-separate-os-drive.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two Drive #83" "1720-SMART imminent Attribute failure Hard failed: HDD error detects years HDD error "1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed: #83" with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially i e C D E amp F The problem started with partition F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed: #83"

You can't "fix" bad sectors.

You can however, decide if it's worth spending anymore time on an old 80GB hard drive with bad sectors that can fail at any moment.
Whatever your time is worth to you, only you can decide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83.1090859/
Relevancy 84.71%

I just got a new Hewlett Packard computer with Windows XP The CD drive is a combo CD reader writer and DVD The main reason I need it is to backup my many documents database programs RootsMagic family history Quicken etc photographs and drawings The pre-installed burning program on the computer is Adaptec s I think Sonic RecordNow which is useless for my needs because of the way it works The HP tech suggested I download DLA to enable me to use quot drag amp drop quot through Windows Explorer but I haven t had much luck with that either What I need is to be able Data "Drag & storage backup to using as..." "Save CD-RW's Drop" or and to use a CD-RW as a giant floppy - to add delete copy edit and move files just as I do on my regular floppies using quot drag amp drop quot through Windows Explorer or quot save as quot What software do Data backup and storage to CD-RW's using "Drag & Drop" or "Save as..." I need for this Please use quot baby-talk quot with me because I don t understand any of the initials terms and technical language I see all over these forums Thanks Dellasha nbsp

A:Data backup and storage to CD-RW's using "Drag & Drop" or "Save as..."

The most versatile program for that is "Nero"
The latest version Nero6 Reloaded is a bit bloated, maybe the NeroMIX will do better for you. Read the specs here: www.nero.com

The part that interests you specifically is InCD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-backup-and-storage-to-cd-rws-using-drag-drop-or-save-as.19692/
Relevancy 84.71%

quot no audio device "No -- sound playback card "no "no device" -- audio found" was device" quot quot no playback device quot quot No Sound Card was found quot ok I m stuck puzzled I recently had a professional computer fix it company wipe my computer and now I do not have any "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" sound I do not have even the little icon "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" on the bottom left hand corner "No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found" to turn volume up or down My keyboard does not allow me to turn the volume up or down it seems unresponsive to volume but does light up on the screen showing VOLUME but of course there is no volume I am computer illiterate and thirsty for answers Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build Media Center Edition Version Service Pack System Manufacturer HP Pavilion System Model Enclosure Type Desktop RC AA-ABA a n BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX c Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Volume indicates quot no sound quot and Device Volume is all the way to LOW and everything is GREY and untouchable unchangeable Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio Devices gt Audio indicates quot no playback devices quot on Sound Playback Sound recording is working fine as I use skype many times but I can not hear the other party but they can hear me just fine Starting with the BIOS I went into Audio and made sure this was enabled it was downloaded installed Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio and downloaded installed REALTEK AC Audio the DEVICE MANAGER gt system speaker says there are no drivers installed for this device Device Manager shows NO yellow flags DEVICE MANAGER gt Sound video and game controllers has gt ATI Function Driver for High Definition Audio - ATI AA gt Audio Codecs gt Legacy Audio Codecs gt Legacy Video Capture Devices gt Media Control Devices gt USB Audio Device gt Video Codecs Checking all hardware reveals that all devices Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Devices Media Control Devices etc are working properly I have tried the Windows XP trouble shooting menus without success I have RUN gt typed in quot services msc then checked Windows Audio gt General verified that Start up type is quot Automatic quot and even gt Windows Audio gt Restart the Service on all failures yet still no sound I have checked the speakers and it seems like there is noise static coming out but i can only hear it if earplugs are plugged in so it seems that the connection is fine after RUN gt typing in quot dxdiag quot DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL gt Sound it reads under notes quot No sound card was found If one is expected you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer quot This is where I get fuzzy and lost Do I need a new sound card installed Is that the problem I would be grateful for any advice that could be offered Please speak in laymans terms and explain in detail your directions Thank you kindly nbsp

A:"No audio device" -- "no playback device" -- "no sound card was found"

STLj said:

<snip>
after RUN>
typing in "dxdiag"
DIRECTXDIAGNOSTIC TOOL>Sound
it reads under notes,
"No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided bv the hardware manufacturer".

This is where I get fuzzy and lost. Do I need a new sound card installed? Is that the problem?Click to expand...

That dxdiag "no sound card" message is misleading as I've found it says that if no driver OR sound card. I think you're missing the right driver

Also, it would seem from your post you have High Definition (HD) audio. Which means you'll need to find the right High Definition audio driver. (AC97 pre-dates HD audio so the Realtek AC97 couldn't be right)

Try starting on the HP support website HERE and enter your model number or they have a button where they'll try to identify your product and drivers for your model. They should list an HD audio driver there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-no-playback-device-no-sound-card-was-found.177518/
Relevancy 84.71%

Am I kidding myself that using Google Drive free is a good idea for my off-site backup Every once in awhile I notice its system tray icon is quot faded quot meaning that it isn't running probably because I lost the wireless signal on my laptop possibly because my router seems to require resetting every week or so Other than that I've had no surprises And did I mention the price Googling shows failures from both Google Drive and Carbonite so why pay Two weeks ago I had to Google Drive Is backup Dell NOT Data"Safe" reliable? is reformat my C partition and so lost the Is Google Drive reliable? Dell Data"Safe" backup is NOT User data that was in it but I used Ubuntu to copy it onto an external Toshiba hard drive so other than the inconvenience it turned out OK I didn't consider trying to restore from Google Drive because I felt more comfortable dragging folders onto drive C after reformat I wish I HAD used Google Drive to see how restoring ALL the data would go In the process I learned that Dell Data quot Safe quot Backup is FAR from it Took forever to backup no time at all to FAIL TO RESTORE Knowing in advance that this is common--i e that it is NOT SAFE AT ALL--I used Ubuntu to access the folders on drive C and copy to external drive Windows backup quit working the day I installed my Seagate external drive So I wrote my own Java backup program which seems to work well enough But since it's not automatic and since I'm like most people the backup on it when drive C went bye-bye wasn't exactly up-to-date Thank whoever for Ubuntu

A:Is Google Drive reliable? Dell Data"Safe" backup is NOT

Hi
I suppose any online backup is better than none
But it would be best used as a second or third alternative and not as primary
Mostly the download time would be a deal breaker as you found moving folders is much faster
Or restoring from a local hdd with a system image on it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/377157-google-drive-reliable-dell-data-safe-backup-not.html
Relevancy 84.71%

athlon 2600+, Gigabyte NNXP Mobo, Windows 2000, adding a new 250Gig slave HDD (Seagate ATA).
Plugged it in and booted up, bios sees it, boot windows, starts hdd install, instead of success message, a message comes up that there was an error with the install and data services were locked, click finish.

Once windows had fully finished booting, no second drive visible, did "find new hardware", and selected exclamation marked hdd, and installed drivers from win update. The hard drive still does not appear in the My Computer drive tree.

Please, does anyone know what's happening here? Can this be fixed?

A:Hard drive instal error "data services locked"

Check your Disk Management. You can find this in:

Control Panel
Administrative Tools
Computer management
Disk Management

It should tell you if it is properly formatted, healthy, or degraded. Post results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-instal-error-data-services-locked.80595/
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm trying to wipe secure erase my computer hard drive and put it back to factory settings--the computer is getting sold From reading the forums I realize I can use clean all or other programs to write over the quot deleted quot data with ones or zeros However my plan of action was to Use system recovery to system the a data save "deleted" hard on image Does drive put the computer back to factory settings Create a system image Use clean all from the command prompt to wipe the drive Reinstall Windows via installation CD Restore via system image The one problem is that I don't know if a system image saves absolutely everything including data that had been quot deleted quot and is still present on the hard drive but is designated by the computer to be written over I'm worried that if I do this I'll just be undoing my attempt at securely erasing my hard drive and the quot deleted quot data will still be available for people Does a system image save "deleted" data on the hard drive to find if they tried Does anyone know If this is true I'll Does a system image save "deleted" data on the hard drive just do all of this and just reinstall the HP drivers and software that came with it manually and the hard drive won't have a recovery partition for the next person

A:Does a system image save "deleted" data on the hard drive

I'm not sure I follow your steps. I'm missing why you'd install Windows 7, then restore. Do you have a Recovery Disk ?? If not can you still make one ?? If either is yes, then I'd wipe the drive and restore and be done with it.

On the other hand, if I was that concerned I'd probably just put another HDD in it and restore to it.

In answer to your question though, it depends on what you use to capture / apply the image. Imagex, by nature, simply gets the "meat" of the OS install and leaves behind anything else. Other stuff may well carry the "ones and zeros" of deleted data as well. I seem to recall once using a utility that grabbed the entire partition to apply elsewhere. I quit using it because it was more trouble than it was worth.

But by far the most secure method is to replace that hard drive and keep the drive that "might" have recoverable data and use it yourself as a spare or external drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/246416-does-system-image-save-deleted-data-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I was recently made time) from a data over hard (to Refreshing prevent on "evaporating" drive it aware that the data on the disc will vanish overtime due to the fact they are stored in a magnetic way if the disc is not used internaly This is the case with my GB Seagate disc that I consider as data storage and which is just laying on the shelf in a closet I wanted to ask what I need to do to prevent Refreshing data on a hard drive (to prevent it from "evaporating" over time) it Do I need only to READ the data off the disc or do I have to RE-WRITE Refreshing data on a hard drive (to prevent it from "evaporating" over time) them to prevent this from happening If I only need to read them is there a command in windows XP terminal that I could use to do this I found a command for MAC to read the whole disc sudo cat dev rdisk gt dev null but I can t find similar for Windows XP The best soslution for me though would be to use the software to scan the disc as I want to do it from time to time to check if everything with the disc is ok So would scanning of the whole disc using some software to find bad secotrs like for example quot Active Hard Disk Monitor quot do the trick If it would coule be great as I would cook dishes on a stove Thanks guys nbsp

A:Refreshing data on a hard drive (to prevent it from "evaporating" over time)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/refreshing-data-on-a-hard-drive-to-prevent-it-from-evaporating-over-time.977710/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello So a while ago my computer crashed and I wasn't sure what it was so I tried many proper with device" Boot data only "Reboot Select and 1 drive things because I wasn't getting any BIOS beeps so I thought it was the motherboard but long story "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with only 1 data drive short it's the graphics card so I've replaced that with my old one for now But since I took out so many parts so many times I keep getting the quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device quot error I have a Motherboards - P P LE - ASUS And I've set the SSD to the primary boot I've tried to directly boot it via BIOS but they both still give the same result I've put the Win disk in and done a repair but still "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with only 1 data drive no change Since my OS is installed "Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with only 1 data drive to my SSD is there a chance it could have corrupted the files or the actual drive when the computer crashed From what I heard SSD's seem to be a bit fragile Any help or recommendations would greatly appreciated Thank you

A:"Reboot and Select proper Boot device" with only 1 data drive

How many times have you tried startup repair ?

It may take 3 attempts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/336619-reboot-select-proper-boot-device-only-1-data-drive.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi guys Hope you can help this has been driving me nuts for some time now Not quite sure what triggered this issue but I have recently been unable to access play media or music delete modify any files on my internal SATA slave drive B Everything seems to work ok on the internal primary drive C Recent files are held on C then transferred to B for archiving back-up or when C is running low on space Sometimes when trying to access a file or directory on the for RAW drive not available slave ?? is with message drives" Data on "Chkdsk Getting B drive I get an I Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ?? O error but even when this error does not appear I still cannot play or view the mp avi or jpeg I Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ?? read somewhere that perhaps the permissions or User Controls have been messed up I disabled User Account Control in Vista and tried to modify permissions as they were not the same as the directories permissions on the C drive It worked for most files but some are still inaccessible I get the I O error I tried to run a chkdsk on B and get the error quot Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives quot But the drives are both listed as NTFS in the Disk Management System Any thoughts on how to get the disk working again or recover the existing data As it stands I cannot even copy files to C to try and recover them Hope I have provided enough information Thanks Chris nbsp

A:Getting "Chkdsk is not available for RAW drives" message on slave drive with Data ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-chkdsk-is-not-available-for-raw-drives-message-on-slave-drive-with-data.835708/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey guys I need Getting on data Error" drive "Hard SATA Disk second one of you hardware geeks to help me here I finally bought the Maxtor DiamondMax hard drive Its SATA Gig with a Meg Cache and NCQ I already Getting "Hard Disk Error" on second SATA data drive have a SATA WD Raptor as my main drive and Getting "Hard Disk Error" on second SATA data drive trying to install this one has a data drive I have an Asus PW D Premium Board When I boot up it takes a long time about a minute to do anything than I eventually get a quot Hard disc error quot and I have to hit F to continue The BIOS recognizes the drive but Windows does not I ve swapped out the cable and tried a different controller same result While I have like hard drives laying around they are all PATA--no SATAs to try I think the drive is damaged I downloaded Maxtor s PowerMax but its worthless--goes through some tests and the inital ones pass and later ones fail but its the same thing on the other drive the Raptor and that one works fine Tells me eventually to contact Maxtor Tech Support on both drives Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello A friend of mine s father hard be Urgent *Help External data "Needs reformatted" drive to passed away suddenly and she gave me an external hard drive to try and retrieve pictures from for his funeral this upcoming Thursday she said it malfunctioned when it was knocked over and fell a few hours ago I *Help Urgent External hard drive data "Needs to be reformatted" tried it with the case still on and Windows wouldn t even recognize it so I took apart the *Help Urgent External hard drive data "Needs to be reformatted" case of the external drive and removed the SATA WD Desktop drive to my Hard Drive reader it shows the Drive under the letter F and says quot The F Drive needs to be reformatted before any access quot Is there anyway I can retrieve the data from this drive with the current tools I have Drive reader along with a potential program perhaps or will they need to escalate this to a data recovery place that takes the platter completely out and retrieves the information that way I am using Windows Bit and this drive reader is pretty good never let me down in the past I m just stuck Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-urgent-external-hard-drive-data-needs-to-be-reformatted.1169679/
Relevancy 84.28%

Had posted this No Reposes at all So I m going to try here http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -w k-explorer-exe-entry-point html Was working fine then something went wrong COX Secuity Suite blurped it caught a Trojan didn t catch name It had blocked it but couldn t remove it Explorer will no longer load ERROR MESSAGE Explorer exe - Entry Point Not Found X The procedure entry point PrintWindow could not be lcoated in the dynamic link library "ljjjjij.dll" Found" Not "Explorer.exe Entry W2K: causing - Point USER dll OK Click to expand I looked in the subdir and found explorer exe was gone I pulled a copy of explorer exe from the old C now D but I get the same error message I can muddle around with TaskMgr but I no longer have my display for desktop or menu bar i e Start and such This is my most current HiJackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT W2K: "ljjjjij.dll" causing "Explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found" MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cox Applications app SysSvcNt exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINNT system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINNT system notepad exe C Documents and Settings Franc Desktop DOWNLOADS ANTI-VIRUS HIJACK-THIS HijackThis exe not sure about the following I colored in blue R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AuthPopupBHO cBHO - C F -D - D -BA - EE EDAC - C Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dll won t delete O - BHO no name - E BD - FD - C-A F- EBE D F - C WINNT system ljjjjij dll O - Toolbar Cox Popup Blocker - C A F - D - B- - C BCE - C Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C msconfig exe auto O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunOnce BrandClearStubs RUNDLL IEDKCS DLL BrandCleanInstallStubs gt B E -C CC- D - - A C FF MICROS O - HKLM RunOnce RunOnceEx rundll exe C WINNT system iernonce dll RunOnceExProcess O - HKL... Read more

A:W2K: "ljjjjij.dll" causing "Explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-ljjjjij-dll-causing-explorer-exe-entry-point-not-found.625980/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello last November I installed and ran the Gov t Malware Program by Amnesty Int called quot Detekt quot It found that my PC was infected with removed Unlocker Babylon "Ghost"_ from found "Detekt" MWB quot Ghost "Detekt" found "Ghost"_ MWB removed Babylon from Unlocker quot Unfortunately this program only finds spyware malware but does not "Detekt" found "Ghost"_ MWB removed Babylon from Unlocker offer any removal tools I tried running Avast and CCleaner but they were not able to find anything on my Computer Detekt would still find quot Ghost quot Later in I installed a new Avira Anti Vir program instead of Avast whih I used before plus Malwarebytes Anti Malware All programs were updated Neither one of these three programs did find anything at the time to the end of Now today Jan I updated and used Malwarebytes and it found quot Babylon A quot a kind of quot Ghost quot if I understand right in the quot Unlocker quot program files It was put into quarantine by MWB I will try to do as you describe the process and first post the log files that MWB put out today My external Hard Disc Drive was connected during the scans Please let me know if my Computer is safe now and if there are any safety measures to take like not using old USB sticks or the like Thank you for your help QuestionGhost nbsp

A:"Detekt" found "Ghost"_ MWB removed Babylon from Unlocker

I do not recall exactly when or why I installed Unlocker (1.9.2), or where I got it from, but I must have downloaded and installed it around Nov 2014 (last run Nov 24, 2014)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/detekt-found-ghost-_-mwb-removed-babylon-from-unlocker.207901/
Relevancy 84.28%

My problem started and I Found" Entry W2K: - "ljjjjij.dll" Not causing "Explorer.exe Point ve been hoping someone could look at this I apparently caught a Trojan and can W2K: "ljjjjij.dll" causing "Explorer.exe - Entry Point Not Found" t get rid of it This trojan has screwed up my explorer file I m unable to get a display of my DeskTop blue screen only Reduced to using TaskMgr to run iexplore to access internet and navigate Ran explorer and received the following error explorer exe - Entry Point Not Found X The procedure entry point PrintWindow cound not be located in the dynamic link library USER dll OK Click to expand I can muddle around with TaskMgr but I no longer have my display for desktop or menu bar i e Start and such Had a security expert instruct me to rename my USER DLL to USER OLD which hosed my computer could not boot up Had to find my OS disk to get back in and rename the file back so I can get back to where I was Here is my HiJackThis log ----------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cox Applications app SysSvcNt exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System snmp exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINNT System msdtc exe C WINNT system taskmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Documents and Settings Franc Desktop DOWNLOADS ANTI-VIRUS HIJACK-THIS HijackThis exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe not sure about the following I colored in blue R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AuthPopupBHO cBHO - C F -D - D -BA - EE EDAC - C Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Neopets - CD - F- -D -CACA AA - C PROGRA Neopets Toolbar Toolbar dll O - BHO no name - E BD - FD - C-A F- EBE D F - C WINNT system ljjjjij dll O - Toolbar Cox Popup Blocker - C A F - D - B- - C BCE - C Program Files Cox Applications App popupbho dll O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C msconfig exe auto O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM RunOnce BrandClearStubs RUNDLL IEDKCS DLL BrandCleanInstallStubs gt B E -C ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-ljjjjij-dll-causing-explorer-exe-entry-point-not-found.623347/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi just as the question title says I am having a RunDLL error with the windows dll RUNDLL ~ Loading could ~ Streamci" found" be "The "Error Specified module not quot streamci dll quot I am getting this error while trying to install my Audio Drivers on my newly set up XP OS During the installation of XP a couple of files were not copied properly because the CD was scratched up pretty badly but I had no other copy of the CD I had to just skip and hope windows installed and was usable Are there any tools that can scan RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found" your computer for missing windows DLL s and re-install them I have already tried downloading the file streamci dll from the internet and installing it with Code regsvr streamci dll in the command line but I get the following error RegSvr quot Streamci dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file can not be registered quot Click to expand Would downloading and re-installing SP from microsoft possibly fix this problem Any Ideas nbsp

A:RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found"

What version of XP Pro did you install with that CD?

XP Pro original

XP Pro SP1

XP Pro SP2

Have you downloaded and installed the SP3 upgrade?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rundll-error-loading-streamci-the-specified-module-could-not-be-found.918938/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi All I'm having some issues with WinDBG and a crash dump analysis for a Windows and WinDBG are - "file WRONG" found" not "Kernel symbols Phone so I hope someone could answer this question here Background information Recently I bought a brand new Lumia XL Dual SIM phone which keeps restarting over and over on a very WinDBG - "Kernel symbols are WRONG" and "file not found" random basis After reading several threads it turns out WinDBG - "Kernel symbols are WRONG" and "file not found" that many people are suffering from the same issue and generic remediation steps are not working at all This includes using Windows Device Recovery Tool turning off certain features such as WiFi amp Bluetooth SD card usage etc After troubleshooting this issue for a while I decided to get on with Field Medic application which clearly indicated a F crash Unfortunately this didn't tell anything too specific so I captured a minidump from the phone and went straight to WinDBG for further analysis Now my issue is that although I can load the crashdump into WinDBG I'm unable to get the appropriate symbol files as WinDBG is constantly complaining about not finding the required files I've changed the required sympaths as necessary so I've been trying to use the official MS online repositories but WinDBG just doesn't want to cooperate and get the files Unfortunately I couldn't find an offline symbols repository for Windows Phone and therefore I'm stuck with the analysis The symbols would be required in order to nail down the root cause making the F crashes So far I can only see that this is possibly a driver related issue but with the symbols I would be able to get a better answer on what's going on exactly For those who are interested I provided some details about this Lumia XL problem in another thread found here page http answers microsoft com en-us mobiledevices forum mdlumia-mdw phone lumia- xl-randomly-restarting f c e -cd a- a - b- e fd a c page amp tm LastReply Anyway here are some fragments from theoutput of WinDBG initial configuration steps Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WPB Telemetry Archive Oca memory dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Time ms nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location Deferred nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol Path validation summary Response nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Time ms nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location Deferred nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is srv T Symbols https msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free ARM NT Thumb- Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS PhoneNT Machine Name Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x e Debug session time Thu Apr UTC System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Probably caused by ntoskrnl wrong symbols exe nt wrong symbols FF F Followup... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6542a8b3-3afc-469d-98e1-3e6e77e8685b/windbg-quotkernel-symbols-are-wrongquot-and-quotfile-not-foundquot?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 84.28%

I found" Drive "Operating Hard not system BIOS - error? or switched my Fujjitsu-Siemens Amilo li- the other day and was met with the dreaded "Operating system not found" - BIOS or Hard Drive error? operating system not found message I haven t changed anything big recently and it s more or "Operating system not found" - BIOS or Hard Drive error? less been working fine for a long time now I had however just had it in a bag and moved it across town so after reading up I thought maybe something might have come loose inside But I also read that it could be a BIOS problem and after going in there I noticed that under hard drive in main it said None Changing it to auto or user didn t seem to make much difference as it still wouldn t load and would always revert back to none However I also read that if the computer keeps resetting itself to an arbitrary time and date that it can be symptomatic of a CMOS problem my computer had been doing this occasionally for a month or two before this happened I also tried making a windows vista recovery CD and tried to boot off that but still got the same Operating System Not Found message Basically I want to make sure i ve tried everything before I open the case and go poking around inside as I d really have no idea what i m doing but i m hoping it s just a loose wire that will be pretty self-evident when I open it up Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi All,

im new to this forum, but i could really use your help. i recentlly just purchaced a gateway M-6784 laptop, and i cant seem to do anything to install windoes XP over my vista operating system. i tryed "kill-hdd" i tryed every advice so far. and all i get is the same message. i install the program on boot up, it goes through the process, and then when it gets to the point os instalation, i get a error message the "NO HARD DRIVE FOUND" cand some one pleeeeaaasee help me here

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I just bought a USB drive i e quot memory stick quot from Kingston It works fine on my Windows XP computer but on my Windows Pro x computer it is failing to work It is showing up under Control Panel gt System stick driver found" - USB Kingston "No Drive/memory gt Device Manager where it appears under quot other devices quot with the name of quot DT Rubber quot but it has a little quot quot in a yellow triangle And when I right click on it and select Properties the Device Status is quot The drivers for this device are not installed Kingston USB Drive/memory stick - "No driver found" Code quot however it cant find a driver either on my PC nor when it searches online Worse on the Kingston website it says that there aren't any drivers for this device products - Any suggestions J P S Here is some more about my USB Drive Manufacturer Kingston Model Data Traveller R Rubber Capacity GB Revision Number - A LF Written on the metal blade DTR GB - A LF V FE TAIWAN

A:Kingston USB Drive/memory stick - "No driver found"

I have several different model of Kingston USB thumb drives. I haven't had any problems using them in Windows 7 or Windows 8. Non of mine are USB 3 though, is the one your having problems with a USB 3 device? Even if it is it should be backwards compatible with USB 2.0. Have a look at this. Code 28: The drivers for this device are not installed

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/304468-kingston-usb-drive-memory-stick-no-driver-found.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Recently, I've been unable to access my F: drive. When I double click on the drive I get en error that says "Application Not Found". I can, however right click on the drive and open it that way, it's just extremely annoying. It doesn't matter what device is set as the F: drive, be it a UBS drive, a virtual drive, or a CD/DVD drive, it gives me the same error. At first I thought maybe there was something wrong with my USB drive, but if I use the same USB drive as E:, G:, H: etc. it works perfectly fine. The problem seems to lie specifically with F: drive itself. I've run all my virus scans (Norton and Malwarebytes) as well as PC Tools Registry Mechanic and found nothing. I even restored my system to about a week ago with no results. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Unable to open F: drive, "Application Not Found" error

Hi JROC, Welcome to Seven Forums.

Connect your drive to the pc directly, open Disk Management, look for the drive, right click it and uninstall then reboot with it still connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198607-unable-open-f-drive-application-not-found-error.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Let me recap first of all all of the occurances that may be relevant towards the current issue with my computer Actually let me just start off by saying that I m running a Gateway desktop that s at least years old - probably more There with issue found" "no hard system operating drive and s a sticker on my computer which states quot designed for Windows quot So an old computer Anyway a few weeks or months ago my computer began making odd clicking noises It only seemed to happen when I left my computer on for greater than hours at a time I live in a dorm I think maybe the first time I noticed these noises a portion of the hard drive in question was damaged or erased I recovered the files and issue with hard drive and "no operating system found" began turning my computer off every night and I haven t noticed the noises since Also it should be noted that my computer has two hard drives one which is about GB that contains all my windows and program files and another which is about GB issue with hard drive and "no operating system found" that holds all my miscellaneous media files The latter is issue with hard drive and "no operating system found" the one which was damaged Getting to the point I turned on my computer a few days ago to find a message indicating that quot no operating system was found quot I opened it up just to make sure all the cables were connected and they seemed to be Now I m noticing that Widnows XP only boots up when my media hd isn t connected When it is connected Bios does seem to recognize it but only it and no other drive Such would probably be the reason why quot no operating system was found quot since my operating system runs on a seperate drive no Any clue what s going on And thanks nbsp

A:issue with hard drive and "no operating system found"

Welcome,

Try getting into the Bios and reset the boot order and if you start it up with just the 20gb HDD hooked up what happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-hard-drive-and-no-operating-system-found.546766/
Relevancy 84.28%

I am having this really strange error with one of my computers.

My computer (running Windows XP Home) boots normally and I can use it just fine. When I leave it alone for a while though, I come back to a screen with the message "Hard Drive not found." If I reboot the computer it loads normally and I can use the computer like nothing ever happened. It has done this twice now. It doesn't happen while I am using the computer but if it sits for a while this will happen.

Any suggestions as to what this is?

Thanks.

A:"No Hard drive found" message after successful boot.

Could be an issue with it going into standby mode or the power saving feature where you can cut the power to the HD after a certain amount of time.

Try right click desktop -> properties -> screen saver -> power, and make sure turn off hard disks is set to never (these steps are for win 2000, but I think it works for XP too). You could also turn off standby mode and see if you get the same problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-hard-drive-found-message-after-successful-boot.177204/
Relevancy 84.28%

So I have a computer from the Stone Age a gateway computer from that runs Windows ME I was working today on trying to speed it up by doing a number of different things I was about to run my Computer Prob- "Hard found" Major not Drive HELP- computer in safe mode but HELP- Major Computer Prob- "Hard Drive not found" when I restarted my computer to try to get it into safe mode I didn t remember how I pressed the wrong thing and ended up in the quot BIOS Setup Utility quot I am smart enough to know not to mess with anything in the BIOS but when I existed from it all I got was a blank black screen with a blinking cursor I restarted the computer and I got the following message quot The Hard drive was not found Consult the Trouble Shooting section of your user manual etc quot Now I don t know if I accidentally did something when in the Bios Setup Utility or if my computer coincidently decided to die on me The computer freezes all the time and gives me all sorts of problems Should I go the Bios Setup Utility and hit quot Load Setup Defaults quot and see what happens Would doing that at least allow me to figure out if the problem really lies in the BIOS Would doing that erase my hard drive or will everything be okay Please help me I have some files I want to get off of my computer nbsp

A:HELP- Major Computer Prob- "Hard Drive not found"

a computer that old probably needs a CMOS battery replacement. Without it you will not be able to get into BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-major-computer-prob-hard-drive-not-found.78394/
Relevancy 84.28%

I am having this really strange error with one of my computers.

My computer (running Windows XP Home) boots normally and I can use it just fine. When I leave it alone for a while though, I come back to a screen with the message "Hard Drive not found." If I reboot the computer it loads normally and I can use the computer like nothing ever happened. It has done this twice now. It doesn't happen while I am using the computer but if it sits for a while this will happen.

Any suggestions as to what this is?

Thanks.

A:"No Hard drive found" message after successful boot.

Just an idea: try going to the Power Option?s in Control Panel and turn off the hard disk Sleep ? Turn Off Hard Disk? ?after xx mins? change to Never. Then give it a try, let me know if it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-hard-drive-found-message-after-successful-boot-8987.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My friend's hard drive in his Sony EMERGENCY- Found" Sony Not Vaio System "Operating (friend's drive!) Vaio was riddled with viruses malware rootkits you name it I just had this hard drive in amp out of my rig for the past couple days I got it all set up fine albeit with Win XP MCE only installed my ethernet driver and was all set to put it back in his laptop This happened once amp I figured it was a glitch so I took it back out into the rig redid all I'd done and took a system image of the drive Now I've put it back in the laptop and AGAIN-- Vaio logo then straight to black screen quot Operating System Not Found quot I promised him an absolutely no-cost no-risk wipe in exchange for him getting me a job and now this Physically the drive is fine It passed a disk EMERGENCY- Sony Vaio "Operating System Not Found" (friend's drive!) check yesterday and no clicking ever The optical drive won't read my Dell EMERGENCY- Sony Vaio "Operating System Not Found" (friend's drive!) OEM Win XP MCE disc so I popped in my Win disc to at least do a startup repair It reports no operating EMERGENCY- Sony Vaio "Operating System Not Found" (friend's drive!) systems installed but is that just cuz there's no win installed I'm copying that system image over to my external to try that right now Can I use the system image of XP with the disc AND WHAT ELSE CAN I DO

A:EMERGENCY- Sony Vaio "Operating System Not Found" (friend's drive!)

Your friend's computer came to you what OS installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190454-emergency-sony-vaio-operating-system-not-found-friends-drive.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a problem with windows saying my 1TB WD HDD isnt there. When I boot my computer up i can see it on the boot menu, but when i log into my computer an error message pops up and says "error: core library not found", and my D: is gone. I boot off of a 64gb SSD. It also seems the problem is getting worse, earlier I could access the HDD but it would randomly disconnect sometimes, and a restart would solve the problem. Awhile after that (few hours or so) it would disconnect whenever i tried to access it. And when i rebooted I could see it again, but if I tried to access it would continue to disconnect. Now whenever I boot I can see it in the boot menu but when I get into windows I get that error message.

A:2nd internal hard drive wont appear "error: core library not found"

Have you re-seated the power & data cable to the 1TB HD ?

How does in show up in Disk Management ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151787-2nd-internal-hard-drive-wont-appear-error-core-library-not-found.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a system with 3 drives disk0, disk1, and disk2.
What I'd ultimately like to do is install Windows 7 on disk0 and install Linux on disk1.
Then I want to have disk2 split into 2 partitions(part0, part1) for programs and other misc install files.
However I don't want disk1 and disk2part1 to be visible while using disk0 and disk2part0 and vice versa.
Is there any way to make this possible?
Sorry if it sounds confusing this was the best way I could think of explaining what I'm trying to do.

A:Dual Boot with shared Data "D" drive

Use This just download the Home Edition

Install this on both OS's to hide partitions (but be careful what you are doing)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267930-dual-boot-shared-data-d-drive.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi,

Fastest way to upload 1.3 TB of data to NAS, "cloud drive"??

I've uploaded about 400 MB to a 3 TB personal cloud & it took several hours with an ethernet connection thru 100mbs dual band router using W Explorer. There has got to be a faster way.

Does anyone know how to upload MB of files faster, more efficiently?
Please advise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387131-fastest-way-upload-1-3-tb-data-nas-cloud-drive.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I don't know from where but i got some virus in my comp I tried scanning my comp using AVG but it did not find any virus It did find some but they were not removed as AVG was unable to computer How Drive data without i losing format "C" Can in my remove them Now i restarted my comp But my comp won't start After the Windows XP loading bar comes i get a blue screen and it won't go ahead from How Can i format my computer without losing data in "C" Drive there I thought of formatting but realized that i had many important documents on quot C quot Drive I don't want to lose it So i did not format just gave the repair option to repair my Windows OS After repairing it still gets hanged at the windows loading bar So please help me I want the data on quot C quot Drive badly and i can't afford to lose it I have no backup of it whatsoever Please tell me how can i get the data and then i will format it Waiting for some good replies Thanking you

A:How Can i format my computer without losing data in "C" Drive

Pull the hard drive from the computer. Put it on an External USB Enclosure/Adapter. Mount the now external drive to a working computer. Pull the data off that you can't live without. Put old HDD back in computer, boot off of XP CD and Format and install Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-can-i-format-my-computer-without-losing-data-in-c-drive-428349.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hola Every1 ! Got a buggy C drive ! So i`d like to reformat or scrape it ! Have a duplicate 98se on D drive . So transfering all data from D drive after C drive is SCRAPED seems like the ultimate BACKUP don`t it ?! Now both these drives are PHYSICALLY seperate/no partitioning here! Ha ! OK heres my question . Y`all have a description or guide how to accomplish this heroic fete of daring do ?!?! Please any help is greatly noted in my memory?! THank you Dean P.S. 98se/ IE6/ C drive is newer fastr/ D drive older slower/ Via mobo/ AMI bios/ fully Updated

A:New "C" drive reformat+transfer duplicate D data?

Whew! If I understand it you want to transfer "all" data which I assume means the directories and program apps from "D" to "C" after formatting C.

No, that won't work because the registry will be looking for "D" not "C" when launching any program or file shortcuts. Now you can do what's called an image of D to C but again you're going to have to do a lot of cleaning up. Did I understand what you wanted to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-c-drive-reformat-transfer-duplicate-d-data.339845/
Relevancy 84.28%

Is it possible to permanently move my Application Data into my DATA folder which is located on my second (internal) hard drive? This would make backing up my programs so much easier.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Michael

(Windows XP Pro)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-move-application-data-to-a-second-internal-drive-504685.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi, I just reformated and installed SP2. I've tried two different thumb drives in two different USB ports, and it always tries to install the driver, and then says installation failed, and "Data Invalid". They are two different brands of USB drives too, different sizes, the only thing they have in common is that they are both thumb drives.

I tried putting the Windows CD in and telling to to reinstall and update driver from removable media, and it still doesn't work Still has "Invalid Data". Any ideas?

A:USB Thumb Drive Driver..."Data Invalid"

What brand of thumb drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-thumb-drive-driver-data-invalid.329545/
Relevancy 84.28%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 84.28%

I noticed this morning when I turned on my computer that it wouldn't complete it's load...the screen said that there was a primary hard drive failure.I cut the power and tried again and everything seems OK.Question...could this be a sign that I could need a new hard drive?

A:"Primary hard drive failure?"

Could be a drive failing, and I'd definately back it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/primary-hard-drive-failure.321102/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey Well i was just cruising the web watching a TV show online normal like always then there was a power outage minutes later when the power came back up i turned Is "Hard Imminent" Drive Failure on the computer Wasnt responding so restarted eventually after waiting minutes at the start screen a message came on the screen Reading at the bottem quot Please back up your hard drive failure is imminent quot well along those lines Bottem line is its saying my hard drive failing is imminent Is that true Should i do what it says and take my computer to the shop im really short on cash Iv got some inportant files on my computer though that i cant lose What should i do Has this ever happend to you Also iv got a spare GB HD thats not installed because the case is too small Is there any way i can back up all my info on that if i have to Thanks nbsp

A:"Hard Drive Failure Is Imminent"

When SMART tells you to start backing up, you better start backing up. You can buy an external enclosure pretty cheap, put the 500GB drive in an enclosure to back up your files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-failure-is-imminent.806738/
Relevancy 83.85%

I checked my Processes and I found quot servicenow exe quot Couldn't find anything specific on that exe searching Google but there is a website for quot Other drive files "servicenow.exe". process suspicious Unusual running on found hard ServiceNow quot Don't Unusual process running "servicenow.exe". Other suspicious files found on hard drive really know what it is or why it's running Can't right click delete the exe because Unusual process running "servicenow.exe". Other suspicious files found on hard drive it says it is being used If I try to end the process a message shows up saying quot Do you want to end the system process quot servicenow exe quot Ending this process will shut down the operating system immediately You will lose all unsaved data Are you sure you want to continue quot If I end it after that I get a BSOD and when the computer restarts it is still there and running BSOD report quot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA FB BCP FFFFFA FE BCP FFFFF DC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users David AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt quot I ran Malwarebytes and Avast Neither picked up that exe but Malwarebytes picked up other things A data dat file located right above the servicenow exe that doesn't delete and something else that seemed unrelated but seems fixed now The data dat gets deleted when I tell malwarebytes to remove it but it gets immediately created again Also I found another exe that isn't running in processes but still is in my folders It is called quot RoamingOloXjgTT exe quot and is located in C users me Appdata Underneath the quot Roaming quot folder All of these files were created on the same day around the same time at pm How do I get rid of them safely

A:Unusual process running "servicenow.exe". Other suspicious files found on hard drive

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/unusual-process-running-servicenow-exe-other-suspicious-files-found-on-hard-drive-590129.html
Relevancy 83.85%

My home CPU was working fine yesterday morning I left in on and started watching TV About an hour and a half later the power blink on and off We though nothing of it a few not disk found" drive 0 "primary hard hours later my wife attempted to use the CPU and found a blue screen with white txt on it I look at it but could not read the message because the left margin was cut off I didn t write it down either I do remember the message stating that I should restart the CPU and if the problem was still there "primary hard disk 0 drive not found" I should contact someone for help I turned the CPU off and when I turned it back "primary hard disk 0 drive not found" on the CPU made sounds we have never heard before Beep Beep pause Click The beeps occured in a rapid succesion then a pause then a click Theses noises repeat themself constantly as a white bar fills itself running from left to right at the bottom of a black screen On that same screen the CPU showed Dell s insignia on it with the words quot F Setup F Boot Menu quot at the top Then it goes to another black screen with white text showing the error message quot Primary hard disk drive not found Strike F Key to continue F to run the setup utility quot We have windows XP on the CPU It is a Dell Computer We have family photos and personal information saved on this CPU and most is not backed up Can you please help nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

I have a custom built HTPC with a Seagate SATA drive. Media Center halted, and Win7 would not reboot. When I attempt to reinstall Win7 it cannot find the drive (C) - "No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation."

My research tells me SATA drives don't have drivers, at least that's what Seagate says.
I've changed BIOS SATA controller from "Enhanced" to "Compatible" with no effect.
Don't know what to try next. Please don?t make me go to Geek Squad J
Any help?

A:Win7 "No Drives found" SATA drive

May we get the make and model of your Motherboard?

Also the model of your SATA drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/152908-win7-no-drives-found-sata-drive.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I apologize if this is on the wrong place in the forum feel free to move it Here s my No Mark Address "ID drive Found" Floppy problem I am using Windows XP Home Recently the floppy drive seemed to quit working but device manager says it IS working The problem is whenever I try to use a floppy disk I get an error message saying quot a is not accessible No ID address mark was found on the floppy disk quot It doesn No "ID Address Mark Found" Floppy drive t matter which floppy disk I try to use NONE of them will work It happens even if I put in a blank diskette I have not made any changes to my system or done anything else that I can think of to cause this I tried unisntalling and reinstalling the floppy drive device driver which didn t make a difference I also tried reformatting a diskette on another XP computer full format not quick format then placed a No "ID Address Mark Found" Floppy drive txt document on the disk On THAT computer it can see read the floppy and the text document just fine but not on MY computer Whenever I insert the floppy and try to do anything I get the same error message above My computer s tech support said there s nothing they can do since the floppy drive IS working Can anyone help Please nbsp

A:No "ID Address Mark Found" Floppy drive

The PC can only "see" as far as the interface to tell you the device is working OK.

It cannot tell if the head has died or the drive is out of alignment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-id-address-mark-found-floppy-drive.518134/
Relevancy 83.85%

Whenever I boot the computer up, I get this right after the first windows loading screen -

Primary Hard Disk Drive 1 not found
Hit F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup

I used to have this problem every once in a great while, and my disk drive wouldn't work along with the message. Now though, everything is fine. Everything is there, everything works. Waiting for the message and hitting F1 everytime you gotta start up the computer gets annoying though, so I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

A:"Primary Hard Disk Drive 1 not found"

Boot into your bios & on the main page you will see all your installed drives, I take it you only have 1 hard drive, only leave enabled the hd you are using, and any cd/dvds & disable any others.
save & exit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/primary-hard-disk-drive-1-not-found.419472/
Relevancy 83.85%

I recently bought a laptop for myself and as I was trying to install some programs on it, I am noticing that when I open "My Computer" it loads pretty slowly and when I try to run a DVD with autoplay on it, it gives me the "Application Not Found" error.

It runs fine when I right click the CD and open the .exe file myself, but I would like to try to avoid this in the future.

OS: Windows 8.1 64-Bit (I know this is a Win 7 forum, but you guys have helped me out with a previous issue I had on a computer and were very helpful)
DVD Drive: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C2 S

Thanks!

A:DVD Drive giving "Application not Found" error

Some program you used must have locked the drive to it and you might have removed the program.

Just do this and check whether it helps.

1. Run regedit (Registry Editor)
2. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
3. Remove or delete MountPoint2 key completely and close Registry Editor.
4. Logoff or restart your PC to take effect.
5. Now check and double click on your DVD drives. Happy Windows computing

Note: Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you inadvertently mess it up, you can always restore the registry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328611-dvd-drive-giving-application-not-found-error.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Everything was wiped. Os, hd etc. I go to install and it says , "a dvd driver on your pc needs is missing" it had been burned correctly, sata ports have been rearanged from slave master etc. Ide is accurate

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/4509-no-dvd-drive-drivers-found-windows-8-install.html
Relevancy 83.85%

My Dell C s XP op sys was eaten by a virus before Christmas and the local shop wanted more than I have to reload XP the backed up data and get me going again They did say the hard drive was functional and fine I found instructions on getting rid of all existing partitions before reinstalling XP and have come down to the end of the not XP help getting past reinstall found" drive in Need 0 "Primary installation and stuck with the error msg above I ve read through J Barnett s instructions to load Windows onto a SATA drive at one of the links provided at the Setup cannot continue thread and other info at other links there I will go back through the installation and stop at the prompt to press F and install SCSI or RAID drivers But I m not completely clear on how to find the drivers on the cd s I have I ve opened up the case made sure cable connection is tight Need help getting past "Primary drive 0 not found" in XP reinstall at drive and board and now know I have a WD Caviar drive - that came with the Dell Have been to Western Digital site to look for drivers for my model number and found specs and jumper settings for the BB but the list Need help getting past "Primary drive 0 not found" in XP reinstall of downloads is greek to me There are two that mention IDE RAID compatibility upgrade - one for Ware cards and one for Non- Ware cards Help I thought I just wanted plain ol drivers Thanks Leslie nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

I have a WD External SATA 1TB Hard Drive that has ~700 GB of family memories/movies/documents/etc and it is now connected to Windows 8.

The original housing it came in was unsurprisingly cheap and the connection piece broke. I re soldered it on and the connection was made but the drive threw nothing but errors. I figured I messed it up so bought an external case and assembled it. Now however, the drive does not show up under my computer but does in Disk Management.

Disk Management claims that the HD has the full TB unallocated and not initialized. I don't want to initialize it because I don't want to lose the information I have on it. Any idea on how to get this working?

I have downloaded and used the Data Lifeguard available at WD and the External has passed the Quick Test so drivers are all there and working.

Thanks

A:WD External Drive "not initialized" but has data on it?

Umm, I would try first connecting it back to whatever PC version you were using before (Assuming Windows 7) and seeing whats up.

If that does not work, try messing with the connection that you re-soldered and making sure its all done fully correctly, something may have gotten crossed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-not-initialized-but-has-data-on-it.193090/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi - I've had a total computer meltdown. The repair shop has said that my hard drive is "bad" (whatever that means), that I need a new lcd screen, among other things. I don't want to spend the money to replace all of that (it's a 4 year old Toshiba Satellite 3000 series), but I need to get the data off of it! They said they tried getting it off, but the hard drive was "too damaged". So am I screwed? There is a lot of important info on that computer!

What are my options here?

Relevancy 83.42%

I've just updated by Dell T Precision to Win Pro and I'm getting "Not Responding" C: drive data is when One-minute not on a very annoying timeout One-minute "Not Responding" when data is not on C: drive problem I keep all my data files on a separate hard disk D so that it's easier to back them up But Win doesn't seem to like this Many programs go into quot not responding quot mode for about one minute I've timed it when I take almost any action click on a button whatever For instance in Firefox when the download location is set to a folder on the D drive and I try to start downloading a file I get the rotating blue timer icon for one minute then the download starts If I change the download folder to the C drive it works normally This happens on several programs including MS Outlook The whole computer doesn't lock up just that app I can still do things with One-minute "Not Responding" when data is not on C: drive the system and other open programs The good news is that the relatively simple workaround is to move the files to C but the bad news is that I really would like to keep them all on D What I've already tried Clean install I first noticed the problem with the first Win install on this machine after I started up Outlook I eventually found that it worked fine if Outlook pst was on the C drive I did a clean reinstall of Win and loaded Office first and tried Outlook again Same result I later noticed that other Office programs exhibited the same behavior Power Settings I found some people online complaining of a similar problem on their laptops if the power settings were set to anything other than High Performance I've set it there Not change Hard disks I read some people suggesting that problems like this could be a sign of a hard disk failing or bad HD connections It's not the first because it happens on both of my two internal data drives and not the second I opened the box and reset all HD connectors Also this wouldn't explain why the timeout is almost always exactly one minute Multiple active partitions It turns out I had accidentally set one of the data drives and my external HD as active partitions in addition to C which has the OS I made them inactive No change Does anyone have any ideas about what's happening here and how I can fix it Thanks

A:One-minute "Not Responding" when data is not on C: drive

Is D: indexed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111737-one-minute-not-responding-when-data-not-c-drive.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have 2 drives with the same error message, both have data on them that I must try to recover ASAP. I will post 2 separate threads so as to not confuse the issues even more... This is problem drive #1

FYI:I recently purchased this item to get data from my husbands laptop:
"Rosewill SATA or IDE 3-in-1 to USB2.0 Cable Converter Adapter."

My drive must have failed, as the error message states:
"This disk in drive D is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

Is there good free software to help me recover the data or should I purchase something?

A:[SOLVED] Need help with Data Recovery (Drive &quot;D&quot;) #1

Is the drive properly detected in Device Manager? Also go to disk management and see what it says (click start, run, then type diskmgmt.msc). Don't format or partition, just read what it says.
There's also the possibility of a corrupt partition table or something like that. Try testdisk. There's a thread on using it here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f16/...er-194492.html
You want to use it to check if everything is all right. Don't make any changes if what it reports seems inconsistent with what you know about the drive (For example if you know it's a 500GB drive and it reports 200, do you want to apply changes? say no). Also browse around to see if your files are still there and intact.

One last thought I was wondering was - what service pack do you have on your current XP? XP with no service pack will not recognize drives over 128GB (possibly what the drive in the enclosed USB case is). Very unlikely scenario that you have XP without any service pack, but just checking anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-need-help-with-data-recovery-drive-and-quot-d-and-quot-1-a-318248.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey all,

My OS hard drive (C: ) just died so I bought a new one and reinstalled Vista Ultimate x64. It was mostly up and running (not all updates downloaded yet) so I reconnected my data drive (B: ) and moved all of my user folders (My Documents, My desktop, etc.) over to that drive by going through FOLDER/PROPERTIES/MOVE. Soon, I had them all reassigned and working.

Then my B: drive fried and died. Not a very good week for me. Anyway, now all of those folders are pointing to a location that no longer exists. I get the error "B:/xxx/My Documents points to a location that is unavailable..."

Now when I go into my user folder, there are no folders. I cannot reassign the drives because they are not there. Can anyone help me recreate these user folders?

Thanks in advance.

KT

A:Lost Data Drive - and all of "My" folders

Follow this tutorial Personal User Folder - Restore Missing Folder

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/246660-lost-data-drive-all-my-folders.html
Relevancy 83.42%

This could sound confusing but please bare with me So I had a TB HD Sata with win I took it out and used a new SSD which I put Win on Then I hooked up a TB HD Sata as Storage Simple so far right Well now I want to get my documents Bookmarks etc off the quot OLD quot drive I figured simple like with IDE HD s but no When I hook it up as the only drive I get this message EFI Shell Version Current get do How main off Hard Data My Drive? I "former" running mode Map Cannot find required map name Press Esc in seconds to skip startup nsh any other key to continue shell id gt When I hook it up as the second How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive? drive After the SSD the drive doesn t show up I tried to put it in another PC by itself but it said something like it wasn t the disk for that PC Someone please tell me there is an easy way around this I googled a bunch of stuff and tried a few things with no luck I m hoping I m just frustrated and missing the obvious Thanks for any help nbsp

A:How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive?

How about unplugging ssd plug old drive back in then transfer stuff to ur 2tb once done unplug old and replug ssd ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-data-off-my-former-main-hard-drive.194502/
Relevancy 82.99%

My problem is with my Lightscribe drive Yes I know there Found" LightScribe Drive/Device "Not are threads elsewhere dealing with the drives but I'm in a bit of an unusual situation very similar LightScribe Drive/Device "Not Found" to this one but not exactly My drive is NOT recognized as a Lightscribe drive More accurately all of my labeling software Sure Thing Roxio Lightscribe Essentials etc all report the same thing - quot no Lightscribe device drive found quot They lie - Up until as LightScribe Drive/Device "Not Found" recently as weeks ago the drive was working LightScribe Drive/Device "Not Found" fine Then a few days ago right after Windows sent out all of those updates in one day about on the th of December I tried to make a label and it said quot Lightscribe device not found quot I went the HP Tech Support route and the Windows support route still in progress there Tried everything that I could come up with and no joy Here's the list so far Reboot - nothing Restore point - no change Registry Edit delete upper lower limits - no change Updated driver -no change Static Electric release - useless Uninstalled reinstalled in DM no errors found no quot troubleshoot quot option in Properties device reported as quot working properly quot - no change Tried it in Safe Mode - drive still not found Tried New User Account clean boot etc -no change Used Recovery Console to reinstall Lightscribe Host Software - no change Physically replaced drive with new one - no change Repeated all of the above with new drive - no fix The drive works well in ALL aspects EXCEPT as a Lightscribe drive Reads burns etc No problem Just seems to be set on denying it's ethnicity as a Lightscribe drive It is a Super Multi RW CD DVD Dl Lightscribe optical drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L N ATA Device This is an HP DV CTO running Vista Ultimate bit Details HP Pavilion DV CTO Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz L - L - System Board Quanta CB Version BIOS F RD RAM GB installed Graphics amp Display NVIDIA GeForce M GS Hard Drives Samsung HM HII IDE GB times TWO DVDRAM GSA-T L by HL-DT-ST firmware NC LAN Ethernet Mbps Realtek RTL B B Family PCI-E Gigabit The system is certified clean and virus free Operates OK otherwise No hardware software changes associated with the failure of the drive Still under extended warranty BUT I do NOT want to do a complete destructive reset as I have about K in third party apps that I can not get all back Anyone have a fix or idea where to look for one GWoolf

A:LightScribe Drive/Device "Not Found"

Originally Posted by GWoolf

Reboot - nothing
Restore point - no change
Registry Edit, delete upper/lower limits - no change
Updated driver -no change
Static Electric release - useless
Uninstalled/reinstalled in DM (no errors found, no "troubleshoot" option in Properties, device reported as "working properly" - no change
Tried it in Safe Mode - drive still not found
Tried New User Account, clean boot, etc. -no change
Used Recovery Console to reinstall Lightscribe Host Software - no change
Physically replaced drive with new one - no change
Repeated all of the above with new drive - no fix

GWoolf

Have you tried uninstalling the updates and then uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers?
That would probably eliminate the updates as suspect if it works. I have lightscribe and the updates did nothing to it/ still works.
Man, all that software and no recent complete pc backups?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/198455-lightscribe-drive-device-not-found.html
Relevancy 82.99%

i jus install one of my old hard drives in my computer. i want to move all my stuff off my old hard drive to my new one that is already installed but my computer wont let me do it. i go to my computer but it dosent have the old hard drive. i go to make sure my computer can find it it does in booth the bios and in computer management. how do i get it to show in "my computer"

A:Hard drive cant be found in "my computer"

a little more info - make and model of PC -
Make and model of hardrive if possible - is it IDE - if so have you set the correct jumpers

some more info please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-cant-be-found-in-my-computer.909074/
Relevancy 82.99%

I recently installed a hard drive onto my computer. It had previously been used, and has windows on it, although I am not booting from it. I would like to take some files off it before I format the hard drive. However, when I click on it to open, it says "G:/ Application not found".

Also, when I try to format it, it says I have application running from it, although I do not, and when I try to format it using an outside program (CCleaner), it says Access Denied.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-drive-says-application-not-found-676021.html
Relevancy 82.99%

My problem is with my Lightscribe drive Yes I know there are threads elsewhere dealing with "Not Drive/Device LightScribe Found" the drives but I m in a bit of an unusual situation very similar to this one but not exactly My drive is NOT recognized as a LightScribe Drive/Device "Not Found" Lightscribe drive More accurately all of my labeling software Sure Thing Roxio Lightscribe Essentials etc all report the same thing - quot no Lightscribe device drive found quot They lie Up until as recently as weeks ago the drive was working fine Then a few days ago right after Windows sent out all of those updates in one day about on the th of December I tried to make a label and it said quot Lightscribe device not found quot I went the HP Tech Support route and the Windows support route still in progress there Tried everything that I could come up with and no joy Here s the list so far Reboot - nothing Restore point - no change Registry Edit delete upper lower limits - no change Updated driver -no change Uninstalled reinstalled in DM no errors found no quot troubleshoot quot option in Properties device reported as quot working properly quot - no change Tried it in Safe Mode - drive still not found Used Recovery Console to reinstall Lightscribe Host Software - no change Physically replaced drive with new one - no change Repeat all of the above with new drive - no fix The drive works well in ALL aspects EXCEPT as a Lightscribe drive Reads burns etc No problem Just seems to be set on denying it s ethnicity as a Lightscribe drive It is a Super Multi RW CD DVD Dl Lightscribe optical drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L N ATA Device This is an HP DV CTO running Vista Ultimate bit Details HP Pavilion DV CTO Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz L - L - System Board Quanta CB Version BIOS F RD RAM GB installed Graphics amp Display NVIDIA GeForce M GS Hard Drives Samsung HM HII IDE GB times TWO DVDRAM GSA-T L by HL-DT-ST firmware NC LAN Ethernet Mbps Realtek RTL B B Family PCI-E Gigabit The system is certified clean and virus free Operates OK otherwise No hardware software changes associated with the failure of the drive Still under extended warranty BUT I do NOT want to do a complete destructive reset as I have about K in third party apps that I can not get all back Anyone have a fix or idea where to look for one Bob GWoolf nbsp

A:LightScribe Drive/Device "Not Found"

Check here for updated software.
http://www.lightscribe.com/DownloadSection/windows/index.aspx
There is also a diagnostic utility to help fix problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lightscribe-drive-device-not-found.780472/
Relevancy 82.99%

I ve had a toshiba satellite p -s for a little over a year and a half now and I have some real problems First off about weeks after my warranty expired my cd drive crashed and no longer works To replace it I bought a sony dual layer usb dvd burner It works w/ Help! drivers drive "no found" cd-rom USB booting perfectly fine Now more recently my hard drive crashed I bought a new one online but it wasn t formatted so I also bought an enclosure that turns it into a USB mass storage device Now here is my problem I set bios up to boot the sony usb disk drive with my laptop s recovery disk in it and it starts to work fine shows windows loading and then very quickly it says drivers not found and goes on to say no cd booting w/ USB cd-rom drive "no drivers found" Help! net Does anyone know what I can do I ve heard of booting from a boot disk with generic cd drivers but it really is way over my head My only other option is to possibly download a free distro of linux and install it on the hard drive while it is a USB mass booting w/ USB cd-rom drive "no drivers found" Help! storage device but I don t have enough time on another computer to do this HELP nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Ok, now I get another problem... When I click "install now", I get a msg box that is saying 'no device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK'

What should I do now?

A:When I click "install now", it's saying "No device drivers were found"

Is the HD showing in BIOS?

Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/174343-when-i-click-install-now-its-saying-no-device-drivers-were-found.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I got a sudden unexpected blue screen.
When my computer was restarting, I got the message

"PXE-E61 Media test failure, check cable"

I went and did a Hard Drive Self Test, and got the message

Test Status: #2-07 Fail

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

A:"PXE-E61 Media test failure"/"#2-07 Fail"

Please provide your computer specs.
This often means your HD has died. Can you see it in the BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-2-07-fail.834629/
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/