Windows Support Forum

Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Q: Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 95.48%

I ve got a year old standby/restart/hibernate UNTIL stops randomly working Laptop keyboard m9700 Alienware m laptop that has been giving me quite a bit of trouble over the last few months About three months ago the touchpad just completely stopped working and for the last two months the keyboard will lock up at random times m9700 Laptop keyboard randomly stops working UNTIL standby/restart/hibernate USB keyboar still works but as I m in the air on m9700 Laptop keyboard randomly stops working UNTIL standby/restart/hibernate the go a lot having to carry around a big ol keyboard is highly unrealistic The computer is amazing when it works but it s just getting ridiculous On top of that the wifi cuts in and out as though its searching for other channels Ive already uninstalled the realtek software so theres no contradicting software issues and tried switching channels but thats not my real issue--the KEYBOARD is I think I ve ruled out it being a hardware issue as the keyboard works fine for a few minutes and then boom it just locks up What makes me think its some sort of software issue is if I go into standby mode or hibernate and come out it works just fine--until it locks up again then I have to standby and come out makes for a real hard time when I m trying to edit But heres the real doozy--this problem started a few months ago when I had my old hard drive--but this is a brand new hard drive with a fresh copy of XP on it weird huh I ve searched high and low for a resolution They dont make this keyboard anymore so I m out of luck in terms of getting a new one Every quot similar quot post I ve seen has been graphics related or cpu related and I checked all my connections and everything is seated properly So I ask you oh techy god s WHAT THE F nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m9700-laptop-keyboard-randomly-stops-working-until-standby-restart-hibernate.903019/
Relevancy 110.94%

Alright I have a unique problem with my keyboard, that seems more or less of a software issue than a hardware issue. For some strange reason, every few minutes my laptop keyboard will stop working for no reason. But when I restart the computer, or go into standby and then turn the computer back on, it works fine. I checked device manager and event viewer and there is nothing to give hint as to why this is happening.

So what gives?! Anyone have any advice?

A:Laptop keyboard suddenly stops working, but works upon standby/respawn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-suddenly-stops-working-but-works-upon-standby-respawn.874142/
Relevancy 102.34%

Once I installed Win10, the USB Acer keyboard started malfunctionning (erratic key responses, no responses at all, etc. A reboot of the system settles the problem... for about 10 minutes. I tried the keyboard on other computers: works fine. I even tried an old PS2 keuboard, with the same results. I updated all the available drivers published on the Acer Web site to no avail. A call to the Acer service center resulted with the suggestion that I should revert to Win 7. Unbeleivable !Has anyone encountered a similar problem ? Ps help needed.vital

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Keyboard-stops-functioning-on-veriton-M4630G/td-p/453500
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi, I have an old Time laptop (so getting any drivers/chipsets will be a pain) that I'm using as a Home Theatre PC under my TV. I can wake up from standby with its power button, but not from its keyboard. Also, I can't do this using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard, connected via USB (laptop doesn't have any PS2 ports).

I want to be albe to keep the laptop lid closed at all times and placed above my VCR, so having to open it every time I want to wake from standby is not ideal.

I've looked at all the APM properties for m/board and keyb but nothing. The BIOS says nothing about power management either.

Running Win XP SP2

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi

Were u able to do that before? Are u sure that your laptop is set to standby and not to sleep/hibernate mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-wake-up-from-standby-with-own-keyboard-or-usb-keyboard.722999/
Relevancy 100.19%

My Dell XPS 400 Desktop with Pentium D processor with Windows XP media edition suddenly gave a blue screen error. It will not reboot to give me a chance to fix it. When turned on it goes as far as the Screen that shows " We apologize but windows did not start successfully; a recent hardware or software change might have caused this ...." Then it gives options to strat up like "Safe mode" " Last successfull login.." Start windows normally"
but no mater what choice you make there is no further progress. THe Keboard suddenly goes dead and the mouse stops functioning too.
How do I proceed?
PS
I have tried installing another hard drive and it will not go past the first screen,
I tried reinstalling a windows on the same hard drive but it will not proceed neither
What are my options?

A:Solved: Blue Screen, Dell XPS 400 - keyboard stops functioning

Memtest86+ is a comprehensive, stand-alone memory diagnostic tool. Basically, you need to put it to a diskette or cd to install the tool which will be later used to boot your computer and then perform the test....get it here
for floppy get the 6th one down...Download - Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win)
for the cd version get the 8th one down...Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)

There are two ways to run Memtest86....

1. Using a floppy diskette.

Download Memtest86 then save it to your desktop.

Once download completes, right-click on memtest.zip
In the left hand column, click "Extract all Files". The Extraction Wizard will open.
Click Next, then extract to Desktop so you can easily locate it later.
Click ok.

Now to install the utility on a diskette.

Double-click on install.bat then follow the promps to create the bootable diskette.
Boot computer via floppy disk.
Once loaded, the test will automatically run itself.
let it run for at least 3 hours then note any error/messages you receive ...it will run until you press the ESC key

2. Using a cd.

Download Memtest86 then save it to your desktop.

Once download completes, right-click on memtest.iso.zip.
In the left hand column, click "Extract all Files". The Extraction Wizard will open.
Click Next, then extract to Desktop so you can easily locate it later.
Click ok.

Now "burn image" (memtest.iso) to a cd using Nero or any burning program you have that will burn .ISO files (image)

Set the bios to boot computer using the CD drive...or floppy first...depending which version of memtest you got...
the test will automatically run itself as soon as you boot up
let it run for at least 3 hours then note any error/messages you receive ...it will run until you press the ESC key...if you want a thourogh test...let it run overnite...if you get ANY ERRORS you will have to replace the ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-dell-xps-400-keyboard-stops-functioning.758378/
Relevancy 93.74%

So i have windows ultimate 32 bit, and i noticed this problem. My keyboard randomly, doesnt matter what im doing, stops working. All i hear is a beep and then the keyboard is frozen. Sometimes i can go into on-screen keyboard and press a few buttons and my keyboard will unfreeze, but sometimes i have to restart or put the computer to sleep so it unfreezes. It's highly annoying, because sometimes it freezes after a few key presses, but sometimes it works no-problem. I tried a different keyboard (mine is ps/2), i tried removing drivers and reinstalling them, but nothing seems to work. So anybody, help? Thanks.

A:Keyboard randomly stops working

Hello Jay and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

I understand that you already tried a different keyboard on your computer, but did you also try using the problem keyboard on a different computer? Have you tried using a different USB port? I found this previous Forum thread that has some additional suggestions. (Even though it talks about a mouse and keyboard issue, the suggestions are still valid for any USB device.)

Mouse and keyboard randomly stop working

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300215-keyboard-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I've already been on a bunch of other keyboard randomly stops working threads relating keyboard randomly stops working to this issue and I'm really starting to panic My laptop is a HP running Windows I don't know how old it is it was my brother's before he upgraded keyboard randomly stops working and gave it to me Recently as in a couple days ago my keyboard would randomly start cutting out all keys refusing to work My mouse would still function fine but it's a USB mouse since the trackpad stopped working about a year ago On the first day I restarted it and it worked for the rest of the day On the second day it happened again after the first restart but worked for the rest of the day on the second restart On the third day I restarted after uninstalling keyboard drivers Windows automatically reinstalled when it came back on and it worked the rest of the day HOWEVER today the fourth day it stopped working very quickly and I had to restart again trying the driver fix again It always crashes at some point after I log in so it's never prevented me from typing in my password to log in or anything Restarting has been working as a temporary fix every time but only temporary I have no idea what to do and have no access to a USB keyboard right now

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/394be673-7738-4e7a-820a-b8af305e5834/keyboard-randomly-stops-working?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 93.74%

Ive recently bought me this laptop 5 days ago. Everything works fine on it other then when im typing the keyboard stops working and its like the computer is freezing. So i can type a few letters and then I have to wait for a few seconds for the keyboard to start working again.WHATS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER? Do I need to take it back to where I got it from?Or can I do something in my settings to stop it.  Tu (:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-stops-working-randomly/td-p/5637842
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi thelastbonbona,

It may not be an issue with the keyboard at all. You may try using a good-known keyboard with the system, if available; will help you to isolate the keyboard as the possible root cause. Alternatively, you may use this keyboard with another system to see if the issue duplicates.

If no extra computer/keyboard is available, you may check the 'keyboard/system' performance in 'Safe mode'. It is a diagnostic mode and may help us isolate if a 'program' is causing interference.

Do reply with the findings; will take it forward from there.

A:Keyboard randomly stops working.

Which model of the keyboard is it ? have you downloaded and installed their driver for it ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280431-keyboard-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi

Sometimes my laptop keyboard will simply stop functioning or have extreme lag. But it's different than the lag we are accustomed too. It's more of a one key takes about 10 minutes to appear and even if i continually press key's, it would not show all the keys pressed, only the first or maybe second one.

There appears to be no apparent pattern to this. It happens with or without battery power attached. It happens in the middle of anything. So, I really am doubtful it's connected to a specific issue or something.

I'm on an Acer TravelMate 2420, about 2 weeks old.

Relevancy 93.31%

Hi  I am hoping that someone can help me my HP Pavilion g6 2000 is not functioning as it should  1/ The keyboard is not working at all no letters or numbers nothing.  2/It also has no track pad not working at all.  3/I have no internet connection ( wireless )  I have tried a factory reset nothing nothing still the same as it was before .  I would really appreciate any help to get and have my notebook back to its normal working order.  I will now await any help at all fingers crossed .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-keyboard-is-not-functioning-at-all/td-p/5785502
Relevancy 93.31%

the keyboard on my laptop isn't inputing anything. i just did a reformat, turned it on for the second time, plugged in a travel mouse, and now the keyboard won't work. i went into control panel and device manager and it said the keyboard is functioning properly. help!

Relevancy 93.31%

Hello

ive seen a laptop its keyboard isnt functioning properly by this i mean
when you click the letters they dont type it seems to like you click this key and it will try open or close the program or it will preform a tab function when you click the "D" key, i started the laptop in safe mode and it seemed to have worked fine for about 20 mins then it began to do the same thing

any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-keyboard-not-functioning-318804.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi Since I'm running Windows I thought I'd try to solve this on this forum although the problem has plagued me all through vista as well but perhaps not nearly as much as it does now in I have a Microsoft usb wired ergonomic quot Natural quot keyboard I'll be on a forum typing up something or in notepad or anyplace I could possibly type and all of a sudden the keyboard will stop responding to any key strokes The only way to get it back to life is to logout and log back in then the keyboard is working fine unplugging it from the usb port works as well although logging out and in is easier for me When keyboard Microsoft responding randomly stops USB this happens everything else on the computer is working perfectly fine the mouse display etc It's just the keyboard that basically becomes totally inop It doesn't matter what key I press they don't respond It's not a matter of an older keyboard that the wires might have broken or anything like that as this is a brand new keyboard I've been using these MS keyboards for a few years now and have to replace them Microsoft USB keyboard stops responding randomly every year or less due to them wearing out from my fast and excessive typing but it doesn't matter new or old at some point sometimes multiple times per day the keyboard stops responding on me Any clues as Microsoft USB keyboard stops responding randomly to what might be causing this and more importantly how to prevent it from happening any further Thanks

A:Microsoft USB keyboard stops responding randomly

Have you installed the latest version of IntelliType for your keyboard (there's a new one to support Windows 7)? I have the same keyboard and am not having any issues using it on my Windows 7 x64 PC.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...&sku=B2M-00012

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/37517-microsoft-usb-keyboard-stops-responding-randomly.html
Relevancy 92.88%

For about a week now the keyboard has just stopped working randomly several randomly stops Yoga Pro working 2 Keyboard times Yoga 2 Pro Keyboard randomly stops working a day and without any pattern that I can see nbsp nbsp Although the PS keyboard keys stop working the virtual keyboard still works and so does the touch pad mouse In order to get the keyboard functioning again I have to restart nbsp nbsp Windows has been installed and working for almost a year of course with the usual adjustments required after upgrading from Windows I have Bitdefender Total Security and the system is fully updated and patched nbsp I have followed all the instructions solutions I can find on different forums These include nbsp virus scansScannowupdating reinstalling the driverschecked Bios version is up to datechanged Ease of Access keyboard settingstried windows plus spacetried task managertried Windows trouble shootermade a reliability scan this showed several errors labelled Microsoft Messaging wekyb d bbwe ppleae af e f a ac a a c It is apparently linked to Skype Host The issue is unresolved it is only midday nbsp and it has already happened twice today nbsp I see there is a similar post on a forum for Yoga users but the solution there appears to have been an update for the Yoga system nbsp nbsp If anyone has any other ideas I'd be very grateful I have spent ages trying to track down a solution nbsp Thanks nbsp Sek nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Keyboard-randomly-stops-working/td-p/3354538
Relevancy 92.88%

The title really says it all. Sometimes if I plug in a keyboard, it will work for a while and then just stop. I've checked the keyboards in other comps and they work fine. My mobo is an ECS Black P45T-AD3. The rest of my specs are filled in below. Any ideas?

A:Keyboard PS/2 port randomly stops working

Well, no rush on this as I have a wireless keyboard that is working for now...plus, there is always the on-screen keyboard. It's just really bugging me that I can't figure out why the PS/2 port would short out like that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/59067-keyboard-ps-2-port-randomly-stops-working.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I did a clean install of Win 7 ultimate English version after formatting my wife's. Dell inspiron 6000 which had Japanese xp home version on it. I formatted both the oem partition and the c drive before installing win 7. After install the keyboard to the right of keys y. H. And b. Will not type properly. I get numbers in place of what should be the j k u I n m l o and p keys. Ideas? Fixes? I installed Japanese display language and that did not work. Installed jp and en keyboards and that did not work either. All windows updAtes completed as well. Help!

A:Laptop keyboard not functioning after install

I should add it's 32 bit Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-not-functioning-after-install-451934.html
Relevancy 92.02%

My emachines laptop keyboard not functioning properly after i disconnect my USB keyboard and never used .
please any idea whats going on on my laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-laptop-keyboard-not-functioning.171268/
Relevancy 92.02%

This is for an Aspire 5100.

The computer logs on fine, but the user is unable to log in since none of the keys respond. The computer won't soft reset, and the mouse won't work either.At best , sometimes Fn+F6 allows for the screen to be shut off.

Any help? There is alot of school work on this particular machine.

Relevancy 91.59%

Hi Guys I working stops randomly and keyboard Mouse Restarts, PC have recently assembled a pc My system Intel Processor i GHZ I bought this one new with months warranty remaining Mother board Asus h m-K Its also new with months warranty remaining Ram DDR GB Used Power supply W Used After a few days use the Pc used to restart after to hours of working and then everything go again to normal for another hours PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly I also got the blue screen error of windows a few times I figured out that the fan speed of CPU was at normal I changed it to turbo level after that the restarting stopped for a few days but recently it started again randomly now there is no trend it happens randomly Lately my mouse and keyboard start freezing with numlock light and the laser light of mouse turning off I plugged them out to a PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly different usb ports but off no use I have to force restart the pc to make it Normal functioning again I am using Windows bit I have changed PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly the windows many time but off no use Can anyone tell me what is likely to be the problem I think there is a problem with the supply or the motherboard but dont know how to check it Thanks in Advance

A:PC Restarts, Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly

Chek the south bridge temps bro. the only way is to touch the heatsnk when the computer is in runing state .

Dont touch with nude feet on floor

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/342546-pc-restarts-mouse-keyboard-stops-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi all hope everyone is well I wonder if anybody can help Until recently when I had my Logitach wireless keyboard and mouse plugged in via PS connection my XP Pro box went into standby perfectly Worked like a charm However recently I had cause to plug in the mouse and keyboard via the USB port for some bizarre reason that I haven t figured I could not get them to work together in the PS ports anymore - but and Standby keyboard Issue mouse) (USB are fine in Standby Issue (USB keyboard and mouse) a USB port though - odd and now XP goes into standby fine BUT all the PCs fans are still purring away as is I think is the HD It seems that since I am now on quot USB wake up quot the PC thinks that it needs to stay powered up The point of standby for me is to kill the noise Standby Issue (USB keyboard and mouse) and the poswer consumption Has anybody seen this before and have any ideas how to remedy Is this how it s supposed to work - does USB need the power to regognise a wake up call from the keyboard mouse Thanks a lot Steve nbsp

A:Standby Issue (USB keyboard and mouse)

if your fans and HDD are still running, then your PC is not going into stand-by fine.

since they first introduced it, stand-by mode has been known to cause stability issues and system "screw-ups", such as the problem you are having right now. I won't use stand-by mode for this reason

my advice would be:
1. plug your input devices back into the PS2 ports you had them in before
2. run system restore to a date prior to the problem
3. don't use stand-by anymore

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby-issue-usb-keyboard-and-mouse.454070/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didnít work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi We have Windows bit with an Acer older laptop We are not sure what properly keyboard laptop functioning Acer not we did but our keyboard has changed in that we cannot use Ctrl Cto copy or Ctrl V for paste and Acer laptop keyboard not functioning properly other functions Also our mouse pad does not work anymore We are using an external USB keyboard and it works fine with a USD wireless mouse and sometimes a USB wired mouse which work fine My question is what can we do to restore our laptop keyboard We do not have or original Windows CD anymore We have tried to fix the mouse driver but I think I made it worse We have tried to update the HID keyboard device but Windows says it is up-to-date Same with PS keyboard device Same with the mouse- up-to-date Could we hit some key combination that changed the keyboard settings We have looked in the Acer PDF but see not solutions Thanks Chip MX we are living in Mexico

A:Acer laptop keyboard not functioning properly

What`s the problem, exactly ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335519-acer-laptop-keyboard-not-functioning-properly.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I've had this strange problem since couple of weeks Some days certain alphabet keys stop functioning properly I have properly keys at not Laptop certain keyboard times functioning to hit it hard to get them to work while after a while of hard hitting keys it starts functioning properly amp I've seen this happening to Space Bar too Laptop keyboard certain keys not functioning properly at times Currently I've issue with Space Bar alone I've to hard hit Laptop keyboard certain keys not functioning properly at times space bar or hit it multiple times to get Laptop keyboard certain keys not functioning properly at times it functioning At times I've noted the prob shifts to other some other key the next day or it doesn't have any prob at all Its been all strange I would like to know what might be the reason for this odd behavior Do u think laptop getting hot might be a reason for that or working for longer hours I've Laptop Cooler always on never turn it off I'm using Dell Vostro Its more than yrs old now never had to take it to any computer shop for repairs or maintenance so far Never formatted or restored or reloaded OS either The only probs I'd so far are with mouse I've changed mouses already I prefer using external mouse piece

A:Laptop keyboard certain keys not functioning properly at times

Quote: Originally Posted by goodlad

I've had this strange problem since couple of weeks. Some days certain alphabet keys stop functioning properly, I have to hit it hard to get them to work while after a while of hard hitting keys, it starts functioning properly & I've seen this happening to Space Bar too. Currently, I've issue with Space Bar alone. I've to hard hit space bar or hit it multiple times to get it functioning.

At times I've noted the prob shifts to other some other key the next day or it doesn't have any prob at all. Its been all strange

I would like to know what might be the reason for this odd behavior ? Do u think laptop getting hot might be a reason for that or working for longer hours ? I've Laptop Cooler always on, never turn it off.

I'm using Dell Vostro 1015. Its more than 2yrs old now, never had to take it to any computer shop for repairs or maintenance so far. Never formatted or restored or reloaded OS either.

The only probs I'd so far are with mouse. I've changed 2 mouses already, I prefer using external mouse piece.

Hi goodlad,

You should try an external keyboard with the system. If external keyboard works fine then you should consider replacing the internal keyboard.

As due to usage and time keys stops responding. However if the similar issue occurs with the external keyboard then it might be a software related issue.

Please check the same and let us know if you require further assistance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/292956-laptop-keyboard-certain-keys-not-functioning-properly-times.html
Relevancy 87.72%

It's been like this for months my computer will open some tabs on firefox before it weird shutdowns Computer auto-typing with randomly keyboard or whatever my cursor is hovering on and will start typing something like ' ' ' ' ' ' etc then the computer starts to shutdown by itself closing all programs and then going off I'm pretty sure its not about hardware stuff heat dust I've tried to format the hard drive twice used every single tool recommended here Junkware tool Adwcleaner etc and while sometimes it seems that it deletes something it just comes back a few days later to do the same thing I'll attach my DDS logs nbsp dds txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp attach txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloadsComboFix COMBOFIX ComboFix - - - Administrador - x Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - Running from c users Administrador Downloads ComboFix exe SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c program files x ESET MiNODLogin c program files x ESET Computer shutdowns randomly with weird keyboard auto-typing before it MiNODLogin MiNODLogin exe c program files x ESET MiNODLogin MiNODLogin jar c program files x ESET MiNODLogin MiNODLoginLib dll c program files x ESET MiNODLogin servidores xml Files Created from - - to - - - - - - Computer shutdowns randomly with weird keyboard auto-typing before it -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Mozilla Maintenance Service - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata ATI - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x AMD AVT - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x AMD APP - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers AtihdW sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows LastGood Tmp - - - - ----a-w- c windows system coinst dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ATIDEMGX dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows ativpsrm bin - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Trend Micro - - - - ----a-w- c windows system R EEP A dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata AMD - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers amdiox sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files ATI Technologies - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers AtiPcie sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files ATI - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x ATI Technologies - - - - -------- d-----w- C MSI - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system appmgmt - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapi dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wudriver dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuwebv dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuapp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wups dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuauclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wuaueng dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system wucltux dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system d dx dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Windows Live SkyDrive - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Windows Live - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows SysWow Macromed - - - - -------- d-----w- c programdata Apple Computer - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow QuickTimeVR qtx - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow QuickTime qts - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow QTCF dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x QT Lite - - - - -------- d--h--w- c program files x InstallShield Installation Information - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files CyberLink - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x CyberLink - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow msxml a dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows SysWow Adobe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x MSECache - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Adobe - - - - -------- d-sh--w- c windows Installer - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow PorDefecto Win bits reg - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow PorDefecto Win bits reg - - - - ----a-w- c windows system themeservice dll backup - - - - ----a-w- c windows system themeui dll backup - - - - ----a-w- c windows sy... Read more

A:Computer shutdowns randomly with weird keyboard auto-typing before it

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===There are 44 open topics and yours was the 12th one.my computer will open some tabs on firefox (or whatever my cursor is hovering on) and will start typing something like '11' '0111' '5555' etc then the computer starts to shutdown by itself closing all programs and then going off,I suspect that this is caused by a failing mouse. I have seen this activiry before.Replace your mouse .Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533649/computer-shutdowns-randomly-with-weird-keyboard-auto-typing-before-it/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi All,

My laptop had a blue screen and keyboard stops working as well, I plugged the external keyboard and re-install the windows, now half of the keys are working and half dosent.

I am wondering has the kyboard damaged, I am also not sure if the I replace the keyboard will it work?

is there any settings in bios or any utility can fix the problem, could some one please advise?

Thanks
Nysoh

A:Keyboard stops working - USB external keyboard is fine

Hello Nysoh

On this virtual way nobody can say for sure what the problem is but if the internal keyboard is not working properly first step is keyboard replacement. If the problem still persists then troublemaker can be keyboard port or keyboard controller.

As far as I know BIOS has nothing to do with this issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62419-Keyboard-stops-working-USB-external-keyboard-is-fine
Relevancy 85.57%

ASUS K95VB laptop, Windows 8.1
Occasionally, often after waking from sleep or hibernate modes, but not always, the keyboard stops working. The mouse (USB Logitech) works fine. Programs open are Firefox, Thunderbird and Jarte Notepad, and when I try to write something in them, they go into "Not responding" mode.
However, when I go to other Windows functions, like Run or Search, there the keyboard works just fine.
After restarting the computer everything works again.
Have checked for malware, virus, etc. - nothing obviously wrong.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 85.57%

I have windows7 installed on my laptop and any time i log off my system or just keep it idle for sometime it logs off and the keybaord starts behaving differently.

Like when i press the j key it reads it as 1

when i press f it reads it 4 and so on.

So i have to switch off the laptop and then turn it back on to make it work correctly any help?

A:When i log off my laptop the keyboard stops working

That's extremely odd behavior. Did this problem happen suddenly? Do you recall what you did prior to it happening (like opening an e-mail attachment or visiting a new website)? First, before any other troubleshooting, make sure your anti-virus is up to date and run a malware scan (e.g. MalwareBytes). If it's not a virus, it may be due to a fault with the keyboard driver. Perhaps you have an older laptop and a recent Windows update created a conflict? You could also try going to the Device Manager, select your keyboard, and then check to see if there's a driver update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266915-when-i-log-off-my-laptop-keyboard-stops-working.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Having some weird issues with my Yoga 700 keyboard. When I press some keys it sometimes registers twice, often when double tapping in quick succession it registers three times. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-700-Weird-keyboard-issue/td-p/3464445
Relevancy 85.57%

Having some weird issues with my Yoga 700 keyboard. When I press some keys it sometimes registers twice, often when double tapping in quick succession it registers three times. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Weird-keyboard-issue/td-p/3464445
Relevancy 84.71%

I have had this problem on and off with this laptop for some time. Sometimes I could fix it with just flipping the laptop all the way over and back a few times and the laptop keyboard would come out of tablet mode and work. You can see for a very few short seconds the keyboard will operate during initial boot process however during the boot process it disables. Now all of the time. Is there a Bios setting anyone knows to turn on permanently? I really hate the tablet mode as it is and certainly can live without it.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53904-laptop-keyboard-stops-working-during-boot.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Laptop Keyboard stops working after i press capslock. it is working again only upon restarting the laptop. and the problem repeats on pressing capslock again and again . I am using Dell inspiron 15R 5520. Please any help to get this sorted out.  if i Use onscreen keyboard, the problem doesnt replicate.

PLease help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993368
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,

I got a laptop from work, and it has a very funny keyboard layout. In addition to English and Hebrew letters, some letter keys have numbers on them ('U' has the number 4, 'I' - 5, 'O' - 6 etc). I cannot type any of those letters.... the number keys from 7 to 0 do not produce the characters '&','*','(' or ')' when pressed with Shift held down, but rather behave like function keys or arrow keys.

Any idea how to make this keyboard behave more sensibly?

Thanks,
D.

Relevancy 82.56%

My friend received a new laptop running windows 8 (acer v5-471).

When the 'w' key is pressed it brings up the search page With settings filter selected (e.g apps, settings, file filters) when shift + w is pressed it prints 'W'.
All other keys work as expected, the keyboard layout is set correctly and no keys are stuck (easy to tell as its backlighted)

Any ideas?

Thanks Rob

Edit: the WindoWs key seems to do the same thing :\

EDIT: Was a hardware problem and the laptop has been returned. Tried a linux live cd and the problem persisted.

A:Weird keyboard problem - new laptop

Maybe the Keyboard is bad, it does this no matter what program you are in? What if you are typing something and it requires the letter "w"?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/28663-weird-keyboard-problem-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi My name is Gabe and I am first off NOT a computer expert I know enough terminology to get me in trouble but I don't pretend to be a expert Here is the setup with off - port issue? DVI Monitors & shut USB Mouse/Keyboard and randomly the issue HP Pavilion Elite m f PC running Windows Ultimate x monitors both running from DVI ports USB Mouse and Keyboard The Issue While I am using the computer the mouse and keyboard will randomly SHUT OFF No power no nothing its like the USB port suddenly turns itself off The screen is still up but the Monitors and Mouse/Keyboard randomly shut off - DVI & USB port issue? mouse is frozen I am then forced to hard reset When I turn the computer back on it fires up just fine blinking away but the screens don't engage aka the light on the screen Samsung Sync Master BW just blinks in standbye mode aka never receiving a signal from the computer The mouse and keyboard also never light up I am then forced to hard restart and the same issue keeps happening Usually after about - times the screens light up and the mouse and keyboard turn on I can then start my computer normally I then will get a random amount of time before it starts all over again This is incredibly frustrating so any help anyone can provide will be MUCH appreciated Thanks a billion Gabe UPDATE As I was about to write this post I was on a video chat with a friend in England via Skype on the desktop In the middle of the chat the same thing happened but this time I had audio going and my sound froze as well nd UPDATE Attempted to start with just one screen Took longer then usual it appears to take more hard resets each time and then when it did start it started normally After I had logged in and got to the main desktop screen I plugged in the second monitor and it immediately froze Maybe my video card is the issue If so then why would my mouse and keyboard go out at the same time

A:Monitors and Mouse/Keyboard randomly shut off - DVI & USB port issue?

Sometimes running DVI without scaling can cause lockups to the whole system I can't remember if it's called scaling or not but there are setting that can be set to prevent this from happening, I just can't remember what they were via the video software

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186878-monitors-mouse-keyboard-randomly-shut-off-dvi-usb-port-issue.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello
My laptop (Lenovo G50-30) is 3weeks old, uses Windows 10, and goes to sleep randomly when i use the built in keyboard
It seems to happen more often when i use the Left-Shift key
I have tried recovering the PC to before first time it happened, but nothing changed
When i try to reset the system it fails and sometimes, only when i "Restart" the PC, it freezes on startup
This is really frustrating and i really dont know what to do, please help

Jacob

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f44bc8b5-efdd-4ec0-a360-ce3c75f26809/laptop-goes-to-sleep-randomly-when-using-keyboard?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 82.56%

laptop goes to sleep randomly when using keyboard.

A:laptop goes to sleep randomly when using keyboard

and welcome to the Forum

What are the PC Specs?
If Pre-Built, what is the Brand & Model Number
If Custom Built, what is the Brand & Model of Motherboard? the CPU-RAM? the Graphics card?

What operating system?

What hardware or software has been recently installed or uninstalled?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-goes-to-sleep-randomly-when-using-keyboard-997354.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Yesterday I started having a severe issue with my Asus X L laptop keyboard They keyboard is almost unresponsive and types randomly by itself spamming Randomly Types Laptop and Unresponsive Keyboard random numbers letters and Laptop Keyboard Unresponsive and Types Randomly symbols The steps I have taken to try and resolve the problem are as follows Checked for any stuck keys Laptop Keyboard Unresponsive and Types Randomly Rebooted my laptop Ran a full system scan for any malware Checked for driver updates Performed a system restore - this worked initially for about ten minutes but after shutting down my laptop and going to bed the problem persisted in the morning I tried an earlier recovery afterward but it didn t fix the issue either Checked for any hardware changes in device manager As far as I know there has not been any physical damage or liquid spills onto the keyboard and a usb keyboard does work when plugged in however it is sometimes overridden by the laptop s keyboard issues I would really appreciate some help as I don t have a lot of money right now and the laptop is just out of warranty I ve had it for just over a year nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-unresponsive-and-types-randomly.1165600/
Relevancy 81.7%

Ever since I've upgraded my dad's laptop to Windows the keyboard and touchpad stop working keyboard randomly touchpad and Laptop not do work randomly and would work only after I Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work restart the computer logging off switch user standby mode doesn't resolve it There is no pattern Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work to it Sometimes it would be ok for a few days sometimes it would happen again after a few hours I mostly do internet browsing on the laptop When the problem occurred - The keyboard AND the touchpad would both stop working at the same time - USB mouse still works I Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work do not have an external keyboard to test - The lights on the keys themselves eg caps lock wifi would still remain on if they're activated but cannot be toggled on off as usual - The device manager still showed no problems with the mouse or keyboard Things I've tried - sfc scannow - disabled sticky keys - used the generic drivers for keyboard and touchpad - reinstalled the drivers for keyboard and touchpad - updated to the latest synaptics driver - made a new synaptics trackpad profile - disabled touchpad when using the USB mouse Laptop stats HP Pavillion dm - AU Windows Home bit upgraded from Win and then reset to a fresh state AMD Radeon HD Graphics GB RAM Synaptics Driver Version Jul Synaptics PS Port TouchPad Lenovo ThinkPad PS keyboard This is very exasperating I would appreciate some help in stopping this problem permanently thanks

A:Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work

I am having the same problem. Is there any update on this ??

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/18966-laptop-keyboard-touchpad-randomly-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I have one laptop with Windows XP on it. The problem is that keyboard and mousepad both all together die randomly but usb mouse still works. This error occurs randomly. Not everytime i use the computer.

Anyone got the same problems?
Thanks in advance!

A:Keyboard / mousepad on laptop dies randomly

well based on the info provided my first guess would be that the keyboard is shot.... or ... if its a toshiba TE 2000 it might be the connector that the the keyboard ribbon connects to might be loose and need resoldering...but that would be the only 2 i can think of right at the moment... let us know how you fix it so it can possibly be of help to others

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-mousepad-on-laptop-dies-randomly.59736/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hope I am in the correct forum for this Laptop is a Dell Inspiron E that I rebuilt It has always worked even better than my husband s new laptop I am pretty sure this is a virus trojan not a hardware issue but could be wrong why I am on here I was typing the other night amp it all of a sudden started typing letters I was not typing amp the lights on front of at windows7 stops working Dell keyboard laptop menu/ boot quit laptop started flashing I stopped immediately booted into safe mode amp ran superantispyware amp went to bed Next morning it said nothing found so then I ran malwarebytes nothing found amp avast scan nothing found Then the keyboard quit working all together but touchpad still works I hooked up a usb keyboard amp it works fine When I restart computer it gets stuck on the windows boot menu amp will Dell laptop stops at windows7 boot menu/ keyboard quit working go no further until I hit enter never had to do that before Also a few times firefox would only run in it s safe mode now it s like normal but takes forever to open the first window Went back into safe mode ran microsoft security scan Found item deleted that Still doing the same thing I dont think it s the keyboard because I installed a new one about months ago amp too many other strange things happening all at once Someone please help I am about to pull my hair out with this one

A:Dell laptop stops at windows7 boot menu/ keyboard quit working

update: ran malwarebytes in safe mode again. restarted it & goes to the screen that has windows7/vista/server & others like that (debug- default mode) etc. keeps highlighting each one really fast over & over again like holding down the arrow button. wont do anything unless I click 'b' to boot. then starts like normal. still no keyboard.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447423/dell-laptop-stops-at-windows7-boot-menu-keyboard-quit-working/
Relevancy 80.84%

this is what happens when I press the period key: .56-mvxzc
the l key repetitively: l7l79ljl7l79l7l7sad
the o key: oqe or orwqe depending on how long I hold it downm

HEL
P!!!!

A:laptop keyboard typing weird letters/numbers

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have a secondary keyboard to try?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-typing-weird-letters-numbers-959385.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Sony VAIO VGN-NR330e laptop.

I cleaned the keyboard right before installing Windows 7 on it. Now, the keyboard is acting very strange. I don't know if cleaning it messed up something sensitive and now the hardware itself is shot, or if it's a driver, or a flat out compatibility issue with Windows 7.

I tend to believe it is not the hardware itself, as when I pop off the problem keys and put them back on, they respond normally. But only to a light touch, not if you hold it depressed.

Then again, even when I get the entire keyboard responding and typing what it should, it is completely messed up all over again upon restart. What on earth???

A:Sony VAIO VGN-NR330e laptop keyboard acting weird...

What did you use to clean it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/191503-sony-vaio-vgn-nr330e-laptop-keyboard-acting-weird.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I'm having a rather incredible problem with Windows Pro Sometimes after booting my notebook's keyboard doesn't work at all Some facts about all this to inform the diagnosis The keyboard doesn't work in Windows it does in the UEFI bios Ie randomly Windows 8: after work laptop doesn't keyboard booting I boot to windows and it doesn't work I then reboot test it in the bios and see that it works I go back to windows and it still doesn't work there It happens randomly maybe once every boot ups Definitly not always I think but aren't sure that it only happens when booting not when coming back from hibernation or sleep Unplugging the battery or the power cord doesn't help I'm fairly careful about malware and I don't think it's related I don't have any malware protection other than Windows' The System section of the Event Viewer only has one apparently relevant event quot The driver Driver WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT WPD quot Notice this is related to a Logitec input driver and I'm having trouble with the notebook's built-in keyboard I never plugged a Logitec keyboard but I did use a Logitec mouse in the past Nevertheless I acted upon that event log Some pages elsewhere The driver Driver WUDFRd Windows 8: keyboard laptop randomly doesn't work after booting failed to load for the device error - Windows Help Forums suggested changing the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework from Manual triggered to automatic It didn't help It has always solved itself after a random amount of time from a few minutes to an hour but today I won't go back to working There's no warning sign in the device manager The ps keyboard driver has a date though The notebook is an Asus U e https www asus com Notebooks Ultrabooks U E Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide Event details Code - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Guid C A - - D-ABD -E C EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer santiago-asus - Security UserID S- - - - EventData DriverNameLength DriverName ROOT WPD Status FailureNameLength FailureName Driver WudfRd Version

A:Windows 8: keyboard laptop randomly doesn't work after booting

Some additional info:
It was suggested somewhere else that turning off Windows 8's fast boot option would help; it didn't.
I just completed a run of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found nothing except for 4 autohotkey .bin files that seem ok for the rest of the AVs at virustotal.
Nothing relevant seems to be logged in the System log when the keyboard comes back up.

Thanks again!

(ps where's the edit link?)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-keyboard-laptop-randomly-doesnt-work-after-booting-731849.html
Relevancy 79.12%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey so my samsung-np x e laptop had liquid damage to the keyboard Laptop issue keyboard rendering most of the keys inoperable I did not send it for repair instead I m using a USB keyboard right now It was Laptop keyboard issue fine for a while So here s the problem These few days whenever I start my laptop it boots into a quot Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup quot thing and for some reason my external keyboard would not respond for a period of time I d have to I know this is really bad sort of lightly smash the original keyboard and for some reason my external keyboard would work Also when I finally start using the laptop my external keyboard s left Control key would not work I know that my external keyboard is fully functional as I tested it on another PC Can anyone help me here Why do I always boot into the setup page and why does my external keyboard s control key not work on my laptop Is it because there s a stuck key somewhere and if that is the case is it possible for me to disable my built-in keyboard Finally what is your opinion on leaving the laptop in sleep mode overnight instead of shutting it down Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

My wife has recently spilled red wine on my Laptop. I immediately shut down to prevent as much caramelizing of the sugar as possible, removed the keyboard and cleaned the system as much as possible. I re-fitted the keyboard and decided to leave it overnight to help it dry out.

This morning i switched it on and it is playing up. The keyboard responds erratically, with some characters working and others not a all. Some perform functions they should not be doing.

However when i plug a USB wireless keyboard it responds perfectly. I am trying to understand if it down to a keyboard error or otherwise. I find it difficult to see why a simple pressure pad device would cause the problem, but on the other hand on the USB system, what interprets the ACSII characters.

Would replacing the keyboard solve my problems??? Cheers for any help given

Regards

Johno

A:Laptop Keyboard issue

Replacing the keyboard is probably your best bet . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-issue.690446/
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm having an issue with the keyboard for my Toshiba Satellite P775-S7320. Put plainly, keys have started triggering other keys, as if both keys were pressed at the same time. Nothing was spilled on the keyboard, but now, A and Tilde trigger one another, and the same for 1 and 2, Q and S, W and Tab, X and Capslock. The only exception to this is Z and \. Z will trigger \, but \ will not trigger Z. I've popped off the keys and cleaned them with compressed air, I've rebooted my computer several times, and am unsure of where to go from here.

A:Issue with Laptop Keyboard

Try hitting the NUM LK/SCRN LK key

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-laptop-keyboard.199043/
Relevancy 78.26%

Ive got a Toshiba Satellite A85-S107, and the keyboard is essentially dead, anytime I try to type, one of two things happen.

1. No charecters pop up

2. Random messed up looking charecters pop up and it'll keep going (as though im holding down a key)
Ive looked around in Control Panel < Keyboard, but nothing there works.

And I tried using my recovery CD for a full reformat...but...well...lets just say I had an issue with having to press F1 to continue...

I want to try everything possible to fix it myself before having to send it off or take it to a repair person...

A:Laptop Keyboard Issue

there is probably a ps/2 port on the back of the laptop, try plugging in a standard ps/2 keyboard and see it reads that. If not, a usb keyboard might work. A keyboard replacement is not a terribly difficult repair in most cases, but I would want to be sure that there is not something else wrong with it (bad mainboard, for example)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-issue.432431/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey people An xp-pro laptop I ve got was unused for ages whilst I kept forgetting to fit a new screen unit to it after the old one died Anyways long story short I fitted the new lcd last week and cleaned up any nasty stuff that got infected in the meantime Before I was done with that my keyboard decided to stop working grrrr laptop - pro xp keyboard issue Device manager says it is working connected etc I uninstalled the driver in case it was corrupted The Human Interface service had been stopped and switched to manual as well as a couple more I think these changes may have been the result of some sort of infection The hidserv dll file was missing from windows system folder as well I ve replaced that with a copy but the keyboard still won t work Cleaned the keyboard and the bus connector with a blow off tool and reconnected etc also Given the laptop keyboard issue - xp pro changes in the services registry could I still be dealing with the leftovers of a virus or is it more likely that my keyboard has gone to the motherboard in the sky R I P When I connect a number pad through a usb port it works fine but I ve not got a full usb keyboard to hand just now Are there any other service files or drivers etc that are relevant to getting the keyboard to work which the virus might have tinkered with Knowing these I could go in and correct any settings that may have been changed or alternatively any reputible free software tools to fix it Thanks for your help if indeed you can make any sense out of the gibberish above nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Have a Toshiba Satelitte A100 XP Pro SP3. When I start it normally, then it appears that the control key is being held down with any program. However, if I hold both control keys (left and right) during start-up, then the control key issue disappears. I have looked at Regional/Language settings, Accessibility options, check antivirus program (AVAST) and in the BIOS. Does anyone know why this would be happening. I have tried many suggestions such as hitting Ctlr + Fn + Alt. The laptop also has Alt Car and Verr. maj. (Cap Locks) keys

A:Keyboard issue laptop

Does the Ctrl key work OK?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401668/keyboard-issue-laptop/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey there, hope someone can help. I plug my MS Internet keyboard(Intellitype Pro 2.1) into my IBM Thinkpad into the port labeled w/ a mouse and it doesn't work. I've tried reinstalling the software. It just doesn't work. Help! Thanks!

A:Keyboard issue w/ laptop

Please purchase a USB keyboard (they work better with Laptops, because you can plug them in and take them out with the laptop on; with PS2 connection you cannot do this)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-issue-w-laptop.112436/
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently upgraded the memory in my fathers Laptop from the original 256Mb sim to a 2Gb sim. No problem there however the Return key and the Cursor keys seem to have stopped working even in the Bios.

I have removed the battery and held the power button in for 30secs thinking a reset of the Bios would fix the problem, no luck there they still do not function.

I have removed the keys and checked that nothing has been spilled on the keyboard, no problem there ether.

I have also checked internally to see if there was any damage to the ribbon cable. Seems fine.

To be honest I cant seem to locate the issue and was hoping someone could offer some additional support. Anybody any ideas?

Specs: Esystem EI 3101 laptop, Intel Celeron M430 1.73ghz CPU, 2Gb DDR2, Internal 256mb GFX card.

A:Laptop keyboard issue

Did you try re-installing the 256MB memory to see if the keyboard started working again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-issue.195455/
Relevancy 78.26%

Dear Dell Team I am Balu Wankhade using dell laptop in office as well as at home From last month I am facing the issues in the keyboard nbsp I called the Dell service center on I got the service request number Details are as below nbsp Service Tag Number - H Express service tag number - Your Service Request number nbsp From last approx one month I am doing follow up with dell team through emails phone or facebook I received nice emails from different people in every week But till date there is no action or support from In My Issue Keyboard Laptop the dell team I observed that there is no system Issue In My Laptop Keyboard in the dell to support the customer no one related to my issues is working with responsibility Not bothered about the customers problems Escalation methods are not available on the website nbsp Non of the contact details email address provided on the net where we can register the complaints With faulty keyboard my laptop become difficult to use which is frustrating me Any member have the right information about the service support pl guide or email me on brwankhade gmail com nbsp Unhappy Customer nbsp Balu Wankhade

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993017
Relevancy 78.26%

Keyboard not working on machine. Computer does recognize that it exists. number lock key is lit up but no other keys work. Keyboard is fine when i connect to another PC I Think I need new driver installed for a standard ps/2 keyboard because device manager tells me the driver is either corrupt or missing, I went to windows update but no luck, i tried to find the driver online but everywhere i go a scan program is for sale and i cant just get the basic driver without purchasing a program. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi Guys,
I have this strange problem. When I type something on the keyboard none of the printable characters show up on the screen i.e. if I open up a word processor or an IE nothing I type shows up. But if I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete the windows security screen shows up as it is supposed to. The arrow keys also work fine. Also, the pc reboots every so often (no set interval), a blue screen comes up before the system reboots but it doesn't stay up long enough to read what it says. Could this be caused by a virus? If so, do you know any fixes? I'm using Windows 2000. Help is greatly appriciated.

Relevancy 77.83%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 77.83%

ok so i m forced to use this onscreen keyboard because my keyboard suddenly stopped working tried switching it with another one i know works and had the same problem with it so keyboard the working...not the issue. that is keyboard quit that rules out the keyboard it s self as having the issue tried a sys restore same prob tried reinstalling windows still have the problem i have a driver for my texas instruments keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. usb ports that is reading not successfully installed but i can t seem to find the driver it anywhere because they claim win installs it automatically but it obviously didn t i have tried switching usb ports tried pulling out the usb to the keyboard restarting then plugging back in and still have this issue can anyone please help ps not getting error messages and the keyboard claims quot this device is working properly quot Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor AMD Family keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. Model Stepping Processor keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue. Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer EM SM EM PM Antivirus None nbsp

A:keyboard quit working...not the keyboard that is the issue.

Hello, Are any lights visible on the keyboard? If so, and your keyboard is not working, Try adjusting the connector for your keyboard and check the wiring, especially, if your connecting wire is in a stressed position.( i.e. bend
or crooked)
Let me know if this post is was helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-quit-working-not-the-keyboard-that-is-the-issue.1093342/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 77.4%

i maybe in the wrong forum but my laptop keyboard is driving me nuts. got a 3 month old HP laptop with a synaptics built in mouse.

off and on the mouse would not work where i could scroll down a page using the wheel.

it got worse so i rolled back the driver. now it scrolls just fine but when i type things jump all over where i have been typing. it is like i hit something where it all of a sudden sends the cursor to an earlier point where i have been typing

i dont know if this is keyboard or mouse related. i could swear there is something that i adjusted long ago on the mouse to make it less sensetive to the touch but can not find it

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello! I have an Asus 2-in-1. it turns into a tablet and into a laptop so it does have a keyboard. Someone cracked my screen about a year ago now, so I have turned off the touch-screen feature and the screen is still cracked. However, it is still a reallyyyyy crappy computer. So last night when my keyboard kept "detaching" frequently (according to the little sounds played) in an annoying manner, most of the time a message saying "The USB drive insert is not recognized" or something like that. Then it stopped accepting it all together. Now I cannot get past my lock screen or type anything. But what's weird is that it's not auto-rotating so it recognizes there's a keyboard attached, it just wont allow me to do anything on it. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/2-1-asus-laptop-keyboard-issue-4606022/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,
I attempted to use my laptop this morning with no avail. My keyboard will not respond, when clicking the icons on the home screen they open to the properties screen, and when I try to click on the control panel my computer doesn't repsond.
I tried to restart and the option flashes on the screen, but not long enough to actually click on it. I have shut down and started it back about four time this morning without any luck.
PLEASE HELP!

THanks,
Heather

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-icon-everything-issue.1081563/
Relevancy 77.4%

Greetings,

SO I have this compac laptop with a wonky keyboard.. Everything was working great... all of a sudden, some characters are being replaced. ie: LOL is now 363

Any ideas?

UPDATE: I can use the keyboard fine when I press and hold the Fn key. I do not want to do this anymore. lol

A:Compac Laptop keyboard issue

Have you turned the Numlock on? If yes then turn it off. The usual shortcut to Numlock is Fn + Numlock.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/249024/compac-laptop-keyboard-issue/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi, I have an emachines m5405 laptop and the enter key is not working. I replaced the keyboard but still the enter key will not work. any ideas? thanks

Relevancy 77.4%

My mouse and keyboard do nt function. I tried to do a system restore and everything is shadowed, like its there, I see it, but will not respond. It some type of virus, but do i get rid of it. Everything works find on the other O S ( Ubuntu ) I have installed.

A:mouse and keyboard, not functioning

Restart the computer and press F8. Boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Due to Forum rules we cannot comment or assist with malware removal. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help. And do those things and post in that section of the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-and-keyboard-not-functioning-662574.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I'm sorry for crappy formatting currently typing via phone I am also not familiar with technical vocabulary functioning keys they Keyboard as not should so please excuse my childish writing Yesterday suddenly without any notice my HP laptop keyboard had gone insane and each key had become off For example when I press the A key my computer writes AZ Q The E key writes DC E but somehow also opens up the How to get help in Windows screen as well I also discovered that P makes Keyboard keys not functioning as they should my computer airplane mode and W raises Keyboard keys not functioning as they should the volume so I'm scared to accidentally press a key that might trigger something wrong My computer also thinks I am pressing all arrow keys at the same time even though I am touching only one I've already done restarting several times checking Caps and Num Lock trying to update the keyboard drivers it was already the newest one according to the auto update I also tried to go in Safe Mode but Keyboard keys not functioning as they should it required me to re-sign in and I couldn't type my password Is there anything I could do other than sending it for repair Any advice will be really appreciated Thank you so much for reading

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-keys-not-functioning-as-they-should/td-p/5702608
Relevancy 77.4%

My laptop keyboard is not working correctly. Some of the keys do not type what is writen on them, for example, i type '0' on my laptop, '/' appears on my screen Some keys do display the correct character, my laptop is useless without full use of the keyboard!

I have plugged in a normal size keyboard and it works perfectly

Thanks for any help!

A:Keyboard Not Functioning Correctly

Did you spill anything on the laptop's keyboard? Even water can cause damage.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-not-functioning-correctly-567084.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. Every now and then, often enough to be irritating, the keyboard fails to function: the mouse works properly. The keyboard problem persists for a few minutes, after which it works again. There is no discernable pattern to this problem.

This is the third wireless keyboard to show the same problem, suggesting something is wrong elsewhere.

The keyboard batteries are not responsible for the failure.

On the same desk is a cordless telephone.

Any helpful suggestions would be very gratefully received.

A:Intermittent keyboard non-functioning

I wonder if you are suspecting interference from other wireless transmitting devices? Your comment about the cordless phone suggests an obvious test - could you relocate the phone elsewhere and see if the problem still occurs? The same with any other wireless devices located nearby. Do you have any nearby electrical devices or lights which emit radio frequency noise?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43152-intermittent-keyboard-non-functioning.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Abit KT motherboard and a pretty old ps keyboard and a logitech email protected Yesterday my whole computer went berzerk when I tried to change booting after functioning Keyboard not my mouse from Keyboard not functioning after booting ps - gt usb I would get a bluescreen from a audiodriver and after fixing that the mouse still didn t work properly Or it did but it found new hardware the mouse after every reboot and it had a logitech mouse installed under human interface devices and under mouse it had just unknown mouse installed well to get there it took about h of uninstalling and installing different drivers and it finally seemed to work when upon booting into xp the keyboard stopped working In bios it still works but if I eg repeatedly press caps lock when booting after the grey bar has gone to the right edge the light on the keyboard stops flashing I have absolutely now idea wtf is up with this I think that this same problem has occured before too I remember it being one of those bugs solved by eating a banana while dancing on one foot Yeah so now I m installing or recovering the installed version of xp Keyboard not functioning after booting but its kinda stuck since when it Keyboard not functioning after booting boots the first time from the hard drive the keyboard wont work in the installation program when it asks me where a file is I think I ll now install a fresh copy of xp but please I really hope someone can shed some light on whats happening nbsp

A:Keyboard not functioning after booting

Since your mouse is working, click on your start and then "help and support". There you can click on system restore and pick a date before your woes. I've used this several time to save me from myself poking around and messing things up. Now I know this doesn't answer the "why" of your problem, but it might save you some hours of frustration. Also, once you get things as you like them, you can pick a particular date and set it with a name so that you can restore to that particular day. Another useful feature in XP.
Good luck!
AK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-not-functioning-after-booting.105581/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I can get some help with this issue.

Recently I installed a new copy of WinXP Pro onto my machine and everything was working correctly except for the Multimedia Buttons on my keyboard. Before, my keyboard ( Dell SK-8135 USB) worked perfectly. I tried everything from updating drivers to downloading repair kits. Finally after a restart, I noticed that the multimedia buttons worked but all my other buttons on the keyboard didn't!

I've tried uninstalling the driver, letting the computer pick up the keyboard but still no luck. Device Manager says everything is working correctly.
The keyboard functions in the BIOS but not in the OS (except for the music keys of course).
Does anyone have suggestions on what it would take for normal keys to work? Maybe something to be changed in the registry? Any help is appreciated!

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Got an issue here There s an functioning PS/2 in keyboard not BIOS error in my computer and because I m not able to do anything when the system BIOS prompts me to I can t fix it I can see power lights on my keyboard but still trying to get inside the system BIOS menus boot from CD or or even start into safe mode are impossible for me However I can get inside the BIOS if I immediately and I mean IMMEDIATELY hit the respective button as soon and the POST starts But after that when I m inside the BIOS menu again I cant do anything I ve even tried using a PS to USB adapter to see if it PS/2 keyboard not functioning in BIOS may work but to no avail Right now I m trying to reset the jumpers and take out the battery in hope that this will reset the settings I ve benched down to everything except the hard drive RAM and processor Any suggestions Compaq Presario SR NX AMD Athlon DDR- RAM GB Seagate SATA PS/2 keyboard not functioning in BIOS HD Integrated NVIDIA GeForce LE nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Folk, My problem is regarding keyboard funtion, few of key are behaving like other keys like whenever i am typing the pragragh and hit Enter it usually fall to next line but in my case it fall to the end of the pragraph, like this when i pres insert key it act like Backspace key, when i press pg up key it act like '\' and when i press Space Key it get me to the End of the Line... Please suggest what to do, i am very sick of this.... Regards,Mauzzam

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/KeyBoard-are-not-functioning-as-they-shoul-be/td-p/5665983
Relevancy 77.4%

I'm looking at someone's computer, and I've plugged in my usb mouse / keyboard and while the keyboard works fine during bootup, it doesn't once it comes to the XP signon screen, nor does the mouse. I've plugged them into every usb slot and rebooted a few times and nothing!

A:Mouse/Keyboard not functioning

depending on the make and model, you may need to download a driver from the manufacturers web site

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-keyboard-not-functioning-391967.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an old Compaq Prosignia 500mhz laptop. I can use the keyboard in bios, but can not use it to enter my password on the windows screen. The mouse moves, but no keyborad. I checked in my bios to make sure that my keyboard is not disabled and it was not. Any suggestions? Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-not-functioning-after-bios-296316.html
Relevancy 77.4%

The ALT Keys on my USB Keyboard used to work perfectly fine until around the 1st. I'm unsure of what caused this issue.

The computer I'm using is a laptop and both of the ALT keys on the laptop work perfectly fine.

The USB Keyboard I have has ALT keys but those don't function at all. They used to, but not anymore.

I've tried checking and unchecking sticky keys, looking at the On-Screen Keyboard, uninstalling, rolling back, and updating drivers... full system restores to middle of last month which is about a week before I suspected it stopped working.

Nothing has worked so far... what could this possibly be?

A:USB Keyboard ALT keys not functioning.

Same problem with another usb keyboard?
Attach keyboard to another pc/laptop. Same problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241987-usb-keyboard-alt-keys-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

A:laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 76.97%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 76.97%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 76.54%

This is the second time I've bought a new laptop in 2 weeks, because my old Dell's hard drive crashed.  The first replacement HP wouldn't connect to Wifi and Geek Squad couldn't help from the store, so just traded out for this new one, and that problem is solved.  I'm not sure if my Win 10 is 32 bit or 64 bit, BTW, and don't know if it matters for this issue.  I was on my laptop last night and the keyboard kept acting wonky--slow response and I'd have to hit a key a few times to get the letter/number to type at times.  Also, even though I hit the numlock key, it wouldn't stay locked.  Please tell me this is a quick driver reset.  I really don't want to go back to Best Buy again. 

A:HP - 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop keyboard issue

Hi ,Welcome back to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are having an issue with the keyboard not responding. I will be glad to help you. Please download and install Synaptics TouchPad Driver.  I know this is for the touch pad, but sometime the touchpad can slow down the keyboard. As both are input devices. Here is a document for Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-6-quot-Touch-Screen-Laptop-keyboard-issue/td-p/5602689
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey With Keyboard Games Issue Playing Laptop's While guys just three days ago I ordered a new-condition HP Issue With Laptop's Keyboard While Playing Games Pavilion Liquid Platinum laptop Since the beginning I've noticed that when playing different video games the arrow keys don't respond properly For example when playing a racing game the vehicle in the game may not turn if I press down on the left or right arrow keys If the vehicle does turn if I let go of the left or right arrow key the vehicle may still keep turning Also sometimes by only holding down the up arrow key to tell the vehicle in the game to move forward without letting go of the key at all the vehicle may start to decelerate as if I did let go of the up arrow key These problems don't only occur in just one game they happened in almost every game I have tried so far with some games responding better to the keyboard keys than others I am pretty new to using Windows so if anybody could give me some advice as to how I can resolve this problem I would greatly appreciate it Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/68536-issue-laptops-keyboard-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all hope you can / freezing ZS keyboard audigy laptop issue 2 help me problem is I have a Audigy ZS and laptop for some reason the keyboard refuses to respond after some time Im sure audigy 2 ZS / laptop keyboard freezing issue it s some kinda IRQ conflict as the keyboard internal works fine when the audigy 2 ZS / laptop keyboard freezing issue Soundcard is unplugged Heres some info that might be of use form sys inf Tried reinstalling many times also just tried disabling com ports and anything else Im not using i e modem infared onboard ac was disabled as well Why is so many things using the same IRQ when theres so many free PLease be gentle I don t really get this IRQ thing or how to change em thanks in advance -------------------- IRQ System timer OK IRQ PC AT Enhanced PS Keyboard -Key OK IRQ System CMOS real time clock OK IRQ ATI MOBILITY RADEON Series OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Realtek RTL Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC OK IRQ Texas Instruments PCI- CardBus Controller with UltraMedia OK IRQ Creative SB Audigy WDM OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - CD OK IRQ Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller OK IRQ Texas Instruments PCI- CardBus Controller with UltraMedia OK IRQ A QKDFY IDE Controller OK IRQ Synaptics PS Port Pointing Device OK IRQ Numeric data processor OK IRQ Primary IDE Channel OK IRQ Secondary IDE Channel OK nbsp

A:audigy 2 ZS / laptop keyboard freezing issue

Dual post
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/748173-creative-audigy-zs-laptop-keyboard.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audigy-2-zs-laptop-keyboard-freezing-issue.748170/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello, A customer of mine has an HP laptop model 17-g113dxThe machine at first had Windows 10 but gave her many problems which unfortunately is common with that system.I reverted her to Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit and it was working at first but now she has this major issue with th keyboard. Everytime she types it skips and the cursor can bounce anywhere, hardly ever stays where she is typing.Basically she cant use the laptop because of this issue. Does anyone of the forum from HP or enthusiasts now of a fix to this issue? I have not found a solution yet. I dont know if the repeate rate of the keyboard needs to be changed or something else?Please I could really use some help here so if anyone has come across this issue before and was able to get a fix I would really appreciate it.Thank You, Victor

A:Major Keyboard Issue With Laptop - Request Help

It may be that the touchpad is not disabled so as she types every unintentional tap on the touchpad is sending the cursor all over the place.  If this is the case, try these... You have 2 ways to stop the touchpad from working. 1) Disable the touchpad or2) Set it to toggle OFF/ON depending on whether it detects a mouse or not. Go to Settings> Devices> Mouse & Touchpad> Additional Mouse Options> Clickpad Settings- Use the Clickpad Disable button                But each shutdown/restart sends this back to ENABLE, so you need to set it every time you boot.or- Use the checkbox to toggle the touchpad OFF if it detects a mouse.               But each Windows Update resets this to the default, which is to be unchecked. The below method editing the registry doesn't change the touchpad settings, but it does stop the system from resetting it behind your back.  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-PERMANENTLY-set-the-cl...  Re: How do I PERMANENTLY set the clickpad to disable when using a mouse??09-18-2015 07:00 AM An important thing here is to make sure you don't change ANYTHING else(don't hit the delete key on anything) Ok, right click on start, then runtype: Regedithit return on your keyboard Yes, there is a LOT of stuff in here, but it is organized.you have the menu across the top, you want to hit edit, then findtype: DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgradeIf you look on the bottom of the regedit window, you will see the location, and it SHOULD say: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install If it does, then on the right side(in the regedit window), you right-click on the DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade, and click modify.    Change it from a 1 to a 0.The logic here is the 1 means "yes", a 0 would mean no.   We do NOT want the user settings to be deleted on upgrade, so we modify the value.Once you make the change and hit 0, you can exit out, and that will fix the problem.    Note that you still need to tell the drivers to disable touchpad when an external pointing device is plugged in if you have not already done so.The advantage to doing this, rather than turning off the touchpad, is that you can unplug your mouse to travel, and you don't have to make changes ahead of time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Major-Keyboard-Issue-With-Laptop-Request-Help/td-p/5805532
Relevancy 76.54%

running win xp m140 on issue dell Keyboard laptop sp ie norton s systemworks and windows defender windows firewall also active a week and a half ago had a redirect from gmail to another site for a few hours then it went away thought it was a google problem i think keyboard started to act funny shortly after typing from a wireless keyboard that is not fully functional right now but it s what I have tried to use the laptop keyboard but everything i d typed before got deleted from this forum post the problem had been that the botton two rows come up together if I type a j the m comes up the f and the v come up together like that keyboard has been replaced twice by myself once by a dell Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop tech who then also replaced the motherboard and the problem persists the motherboard becasue I thought the machine had run hot a bit when it seemed the fan Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop did not go on last month fwiw i do understand most hardware stuff Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop have built my own desktop and helped build many others and my husband is an it pro so he encouraged me to keep this machine and work on the software os for a keyboard fix before pulling the hard drive and sending it out in addition to the stuff i mentioned up top the nortons win firewall and defender i have run housecall from trend micro spybot adaware sdfix from safemode kapersky comes up with an infection after running all these the other things came up with tracking cookies that i had them just clean problem persists have all logs of stuff that s been run do not want to send this machine back to dell last time they had it for a keyboard spill --- a very minor one --- it was five weeks before i saw it and two weeks before they sent me the material to send the machine back it was merely a keyboard spill and it was last christmas help --- marylyn

A:Keyboard issue on dell m140 laptop

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186236/keyboard-issue-on-dell-m140-laptop/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,
I own a Samsun laptop. It had always worked fine, until it fell while shutting down and presumably damaged the hard drive. Nevertheless, I reinstalled Windows and it ran perfectly well for a couple of months. Then, all of a sudden, it wouldn't even boot. A few light went up and a faint noise could be heard from the fan, but that was it. After severan tries, it finally booted, but now the keyboard just didn't respond. From then on it's been the same: most times it won't boot, and when it does, keyboard won't work. Sometimes it'll freeze at startup or crash when trying to activate the screen keyboard. What can I do? Is it fixable? Expensive? My warranty's still on time, though, and I'll give it a try tomorrow, but on the meantime any help would be appreciated.

A:Laptop double issue: booting and keyboard

You probably damaged the HDD and possibily the mother board. If your comfortable opening the laptop you might want to check that the keyboard ribbon is still seated properly, note this will probably void your warranty, so if you plan on using the warranty don't open up the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-double-issue-booting-and-keyboard.1055364/
Relevancy 76.54%

My Asus F83Se laptop keyboard is having some problem and I can't figure out how to fix it.
The left arrow key is not working, while multiple other keys works but with additional 'left arrow key kept being pressed' problem.. For example, if I press z key button, z will be shown on screen but the cursor kept going left repeatedly.. and it won't stop until i press other normal functioning keys

keys with this problem: z x h j , . and up arrow

Keyboard wasn't spilled with any liquid..

Need help on this issue

A:Asus F83Se laptop keyboard issue

How to Reset a Keyboard

Bring up the keyboard settings dialog box. Double-click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop. Click the "Change a Setting" choice in the left column. In the window that appears, double-click the "Keyboard" icon. This dialog box handles all settings for your current keyboard. Another path to the control panel is to click the "Start" button at the bottom left of the screen. Roll the mouse pointer up to "Settings" and click "Control Panel."

Reset the character repeat settings. The speed of character repeat and the delay before repeating starts is adjustable with sliding level indicators. Click on the adjuster and hold your finger on the mouse button to drag the adjustment left or right.

Change the cursor blink rate. A faster blink helps to locate the cursor while moving it with the arrow keys. Change the blink rate by dragging the slide to the left or right for slower or faster.

Enable the keyboard to accommodate one-handed typing or foreign languages. Click on the "Input Locales" tab near the top of the dialog box. Click the "Add" button for choices of available languages. Click the "Properties" button for choices to include Dr. Dvorak?s keyboard layouts for two-handed typing or single-handed typing with either hand.

Identify and correct keyboard malfunctions. Click the "Hardware" tab on the dialog box. The current keyboard will be listed under devices. The functioning status of the keyboard is displayed, and a troubleshoot button is active for use anytime. Make a first attempt to resolve keyboard problems by clicking this button.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-f83se-laptop-keyboard-issue.165803/
Relevancy 76.54%

Good day to all....

I would like to seek your assistance regarding my problem on my PC. The mouse and keyboard stop functioning after the start-up.

Is is a virus? If it is a virus, how can kill it?

Many thanks

McNoeron

A:Mouse & Keyboard stop functioning

Hello -

It seems you have a similar post in the Windows XP section already.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...up-405812.html

Please do not create multiple topics for the same issue.

Personally, I would think it's more a driver conflict issue. Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode? Add any comment/concern about that in your other topic.

For more detailed assistance if you think the machine is infected.....

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/mouse-and-keyboard-stop-functioning-406117.html
Relevancy 76.54%

- sony vaio vpceh2p0e
- windows 7 64bit
- advent wireless [with usb wireless adapter] keyboard K312

Water damage, solely, to built in keyboard a year ago. Some keys do not register while others register random keys. Since then I have been using the advent external keyboard without any problems; until today. The external keyboard almost mimics the built in one now. I've tried troubleshooting and re installed the device drivers multiple times however nothing has changed.

Some help and or advice would be greatly appreciated,
thanks in advance!

A:External keyboard not functioning correctly.

try another keyboard as the first and easiest -if you have one or can borrow one - troubleshooting method

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-keyboard-not-functioning-correctly.1142525/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello, Guys please help me out... thank you!!

My Keyboard just stop functioning lately.. i used On Screen Keyboard to type, and search for a solution.. I read this article saying "IF ANYONE HAVE THESE TYPE OF KEYBOARD PROBLEM THEN JUST GOTO START->PROGRAM->ACCESSORIES->ACCESSIBILITY->ON SCREEN KEYBOARD AND CLICK ON NUM BUTTON LEFT HAND SIDE OF THAT ON SCREEN KEYBOARD(MEANS TURN OFF THAT NUM LOCK OPTION).
THIS IS A SIMPLE AND BEST WAY TO SOLVE ALL TYPES OF LAPTOP OR PC." and it worked! But now, everytime i press my Num Lock button, my keyboard stop functioning again, so i do the same process again, i want to used my Num keys but i dont know how..

Hoping for your replies, Thank you!

A:Keyboard Not Functioning if i press NUM Lock

Hi have you deleted driver in device manager for the keyboard and restart laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366674-keyboard-not-functioning-if-i-press-num-lock.html