Windows Support Forum

Constant Corruption - Hardware fault?

Q: Constant Corruption - Hardware fault?

Okay so in the last couple of weeks about of my Constant fault? - Corruption Hardware downloads will not install or extract due to file corruption Even legitimate downloads from legitimate websites I ve reinstalled windows and formatted the entire hard drive several times and even ran a Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? legitimate copy of XP and Windows and I am still experiencing the same problems Not only this but many of my programs will crash or not even open such as MSN Firefox and others I ve got a Seagate GB Barracuda internal HDD and I ve ran some SeaTools scans and they seem fine I ve also swapped out the SATA cable connecting it to my motherboard The trouble is it is one of those really irritating problems that you can t specify as being one thing because so many things are irritating me I ve Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? got no problems with speeds or anything it has no problem running programs that work just they will crash regularly My hardware is Host Name JOE-PC OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Version N A Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration Standalone Workstation OS Build Type Multiprocessor Free Registered Owner Joe Registered Organization Product ID -OEM- - Original Install Date System Boot Time System Manufacturer Winfast System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor s Processor s Installed x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Phoenix Technologies LTD W P Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume System Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Input Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Time Zone UTC Dublin Edinburgh Lisbon London Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Virtual Memory Max Size MB Virtual Memory Available MB Virtual Memory In Use MB Page File Location s C pagefile sys Domain WORKGROUP Logon Server JOE-PC Hotfix s Hotfix s Installed KB KB KB KB KB KB Network Card s NIC s Installed Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Connection Name Local Area Connection DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server IP address es fe a b ab d cd My motherboard http www foxconnchannel com Product Motherboards detail overview aspx id en-us I m running Windows Ultimate bit at the moment I did recently install a GB stick of RAM but with several tools I can confirm that it is exactly the same as the other stick and it is properly inserted and functioning Do i need to update some drivers or something I am honestly clueless nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Constant Corruption - Hardware fault?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi All This is my first post on here so i hope this registry corruption !! Constant is the correct place for my question I am trying to sort out a friends laptop Constant registry corruption !! the problem is that the registry keeps corrupting I install windows win ultimate x turn off the computer turn it back on Constant registry corruption !! and it wont boot then the startup repair box starts and takes about mins looking at the computer then stops with the message that startup repair cannot repair automatically looking down the list of diagnosis repair details all have completed successfully with a error code x except for system files integrity check and repair that fails with error code x so i try the win repair disk and it tells me it cannot find any problems with the computer i have run the memory check from the repair disk and that all seems ok but the computer still will not boot to windows i have run out of ideas if anyone can think of anything that might help i would be very grateful thank you

A:Constant registry corruption !!

How old is the laptop and specifically the HDD?
The HDD might be failing.

When I was testing the W7 betas in 2009, I installed the first one (I tried) on an old HDD.
It would work perfectly, until I turned it off.
Next time I turned it on, I would have to reinstall W7!

I believe it was some sort of HDD fault.
After I started using a different HDD, it never happened again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351370-constant-registry-corruption.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I installed a Server 2008 OS on my Laptop. When I went to connect to my network it coudn't use the Wi-Fi feature. I went on computer Management and it had a question mark. How do I re-install it or re-configure it. Rememeber that I can't go online too fix it as there is no Internet or network.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi ive posted before here about my laptop it seems that my laptop' WIFI BROADCOM (WIFI THINGY) program is wrong or something everytime i try to reinstall it it will not work i have the proper driver for it i talk to company on there HP Chat they gave me but it still stops working like it uninstalls itself im not sure whether if its hardware corruption or the networkcard/wifi card or it just needs a simple reformat.

I have HP Pavllion dv9000
my wireless is BROADCOM 802 11b g

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-corruption.771328/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a explorer Constant fault machine Constant explorer fault that's running Vista Business x The system is in a domain and the user is a domain user The user claims they weren't doing anything unusual when the error started In the event viewer there are messages of explorer Constant explorer fault exe receiving a fault from ntdll dll The user sees a screen that says explorer has stopped responding and offers to restart explorer or look for a solution and then restart explorer The message happens only when this user logs in - if I get to the machine I can ctrl-alt-del and click Switch User I can then switch to another user mine or the Administrator and the problem doesn't come back Here's what I've done all without success - Boot to safe mode Problem doesn't surface but the screen constantly flickers like it's receiving a message but won't display it Unusable - sfc scannow Ran and said it had some changes No effect - Restore from restore point No effect - Virus Scan MalWareBytes said nothing found Because it only affects this user I think it might be something in their profile but I don't know how to migrate their profile to another profile Anything you can suggest would be helpful Thank you

A:Constant explorer fault

FWIW:  Fix a corrupted user profile, Vista - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497132/constant-explorer-fault/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys Wonder if you can shed some light on this for me please My PC started doing flakey things all of a sudden like opening up multiple windows flickering start menus taskbar reveal would jitter open closed then after a while windows would freeze up altogether My immediate thought was virus but machine is guarded and I never open dodgy emails or go to bad sites anyway I corruption Windows based? hardware booted off bit defender boot disc and scanned with negative results booted back into windows everything ok so I scheduled a boot time scan with avast after which this also showed no infections So then I thought this is maybe a corrupted windows XP I had been considering changing to Windows Windows corruption hardware based? so I thought ideal time After a format of the HDD I installed Windows successfully great no problems until the next day when the same started happening in Win so now I m thinking this is hardware based so I did a format and fresh instal on a different hard drive of windows xp renewing all drivers and everything ok for one day in which I tried to stress the system by playing games all good until you guessed it the same started happening again So now I m sure its hardware have tested memory with memtest and that seems ok So any ideas My system gigabyte ga p c ds r E oc d to ghz with extra cooling Really tempted to go out and get all new stuff but lost my job and need to count the pennies now so help in isolating the culprit bit would be much appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Windows corruption hardware based?

Two hardware items occur to me. First, the PSU. that is the easiest item to eliminate as the cause by simply replacing it. If it doesn't fix the problem, you can always return it. Next would be the processor or mobo.

But before you do any of that... Do you know how the internal temps your hardware are running? If not, you can download a free utility called PC Wizard. This program has a monitor for all the critical temperatures in your machine. Worth looking at first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-corruption-hardware-based.857555/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've been getting several constant BSODS as of late in the middle of doing work. Every I get the crash it says "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT". I have already ran Memtest on my system about 10 times and nothing came up at all. I looked up on BlueScreenView and it says that ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0.exe is at fault. Any ideas as to what to do to remedy this?

A:Constant BSODS (ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0) at fault

Quote: Originally Posted by sixty01

I've been getting several constant BSODS as of late in the middle of doing work. Every I get the crash it says "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT". I have already ran Memtest on my system about 10 times and nothing came up at all. I looked up on BlueScreenView and it says that ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0.exe is at fault. Any ideas as to what to do to remedy this?

Before we start, can you tell us which program you ran to test the memory and for how long?
A link of the program would be a nice explanation.

And, 10 times ... what does it exactly mean? You tested the memory for ten different instances?

Please let us know. This information would be very vital.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370947-constant-bsods-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-fault.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So much is riding on my computer being ok and not having to do a clean install of windows I was hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of my problem This bit may not be relevant but it is worth mentioning The signal to my monitor has been known to cut out randomly with the computer remaining on Turning corruption? windows or failure hardware Virus, it off and back on later not immediately would fix it I would see the issue every day for or days and then it would not happen for about a month It did happen right before this started but may be coincidence The main issue Virus, hardware failure or windows corruption? I cannot go on the internet in normal mode and windows is prone to running really slow and hanging only in safe mode with networking is everything ok although trying to play music in safe mode brings an error message I did just manage to do a windows update when it came back briefly days after it started but that did not fix the issue and internet never came back in normal mode Strangely the only thing I can do online at all is play hearthstone Virus, hardware failure or windows corruption? The interactive ads fail to load on the battlenet launcher but I can log on to the server and play nothing else works Also since the update I managed to get in I have intermittently been getting a windows is not genuine build or similar numbers even though it is fine and the sound does not seem to be working Anti viruses and ccleaner would not work in normal mode but I got them to work in safe mode Ccleaner cleaned about gb of stuff Malwarebytes returned negative but the scan was really quick so I can't imagine it was too in depth Superantispyware found nothing after a full scan Avast does not work in safe mode I tried to run a boot scan but it failed It does not run in normal mode either nor will the shields start I have been able to copy and paste important stuff from my C drive to another drive in case of reinstall but I really don't want to do this Does this sound like a virus Something third party is stopping me getting on the internet in normal mode Or could it be PSU HDD failure or windows error

A:Virus, hardware failure or windows corruption?

Hi BlackadderV My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597344/virus-hardware-failure-or-windows-corruption/
Relevancy 55.47%

I run Windows XP HE and get the blue screen of death and a message that my PHYSICAL memory is dumping to disk. I then see numbers ascending, I just switch off, this is the only way I can escape !

Every time I reboot it checks the disks for errors but gets ALMOST all the way through then HANGS. To overcome this I simply reboot again and it is ok.

I am worried that this DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK will keep happening. Maybe even when I am away from my pc with disastrous results. It just suddenly happens with no warning. I no longer feel I can just leave my pc on unless I am watching it all the time. Very frustrating with broadband

In addition when I boot up I get an error message that the CPU is unworkable, hitting F1 gets me in ok.

A:Is it a hardware fault or O/S ?

Sounds like you have some serious hardware issues.

The "dumping physical memory to disk" is fine, all its doing is recording to disk a copy of the contents of the memory, for use by a Tech in diagnosing the problem (maybe...)

Its not harmful, its just writing a file.

Sounds like you need some physical hands on Tech Service on the PC though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-o-s.224868/
Relevancy 55.47%

PC Specs AMD Sempron mb DDR RAM GB RPM HDD Biostar K MB Radeon X mb AGP graphics card and a Windows XP OS About a month ago my computer started making a clicking noise now and then and would stutter a bit while I was playing my games The click sounded like the big click while turning the computer on and off I thought nothing of it but a couple of weeks later my windows became corrupted it would only go to the black screen giving you five options to start windows and then would windows to problem leads corruption Hardware of that repeated restart I reformatted and Hardware problem that leads to repeated corruption of windows it worked fine but the clicking remained Then while playing a different game a couple of weeks later I got a click during a loading screen and the computer froze up forcing me to reboot The computer would freeze at the Hardware problem that leads to repeated corruption of windows same point in the load screen every time so I tried minimizing at that point It finished the load screen and I got into the game but at the Hardware problem that leads to repeated corruption of windows next load screen later on the problem happened again I uninstalled the game and everything was working fine again but a week later while playing a different game that normally offers no problems at all I encountered the same problem at a load screen in the game After reinstalling my video drivers the problem remained It locked up and I had to restart the computer After restarting I got the black screen with the options for starting the computer but each selection simply restarted the computer So now I m back to sqare one with a corrupted windows I dont want to do anything more until I know for sure the problem but the clicking and the fact that a full reformat didn t help suggests that this is a hardware problem Any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Hardware problem that leads to repeated corruption of windows

It sounds like a messed up HD. See if you remove the cover from the macine, if you can hear it clicking (assuming you can get winblows to start). If you can't, remove the hard drive from the machine, and then reconnect the cables for it, making sure it is insulated from anything metal on it's electronics board, and then see if you can hear it clicking.

Ususlly, when they go like this, it is either the logic board on the HD, or the workings inside.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-problem-that-leads-to-repeated-corruption-of-windows.481557/
Relevancy 55.04%

I constantly bsod on reboot. Yesterday I took out my graphics card because i was selling it in an old computer. It was a ati 4770. I threw in an old xfx 8500 gt because my motherboard doesnt have an internal gfx. It ran for about an hour or so and then i started getting this BSOD. Not thinking I assummed it had something to do with the old card going bad. Today i went and bought a new one to through in and I am still receiveing the same issue. Can anyone check my logs to see if they can identify the problem?

A:Constant BSOD if not in Safemode, Page fault in non paged area

Hello there!

Run Hardware Diagnostic (RAM and hard Drive) Hardware Diagnostic | Captain Debugger

Run SFC Scan SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Update the following driver:

Code:
UltraMonUtility.sys Fri Nov 14 06:40:30 2008 (491CD006) http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=UltraMonUtility.sys
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\081712-8580-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Debug session time: Fri Aug 17 23:52:01.540 2012 (GMT+5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:44.664
BugCheck 50, {fffff8a001ce8000, 0, fffff800031662ef, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!HvMarkDirty+c0 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: services.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!HvMarkDirty+c0
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`01ce8000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`031662ef 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 1208
BiosReleaseDate = 04/18/2012
SystemManufacturer = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemProductName = To be filled by O.E.M.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\081712-6676-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Fri Aug 17 23:56:55.361 2012 (GMT+5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:39.469
BugCheck 50, {fffff8a001dcd000, 0, fffff8000315c2ef, 0}
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`01dcd000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0315c2ef 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 1208
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Documents and Settings\Shyam\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\081712-6661-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Fri Aug 17 23:38:33.532 2012 (GMT+5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:39.656
BugCheck 50, {fffff8a001c52000, 0, fffff800031262ef, 0}
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`01c52000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`031262ef 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 1208

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247252-constant-bsod-if-not-safemode-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys

My new i7 system has been running not a day without a BSOD
Everytime i get crashes which contain message which make me think it is the memory

But after 3 new sets of 16 Gb memory i really am now clueless which part is messing up.
The big question is what is failing.
I even had that when i tried enter the bios the whole screen from bios was frozen.

At one monent i installed windows 8 rtm to see if the problem would appear in win 8 Which is now confirmed it does crash win 8 as well.
The question still remains what is causing the constant bsod's
I attached the needed SF file

A:Constant crash with page fault and memory controller errors

Hello bronan.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Follow it manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Post it after the next system crash, following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268806-constant-crash-page-fault-memory-controller-errors.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone this Hardware My Fault A PC Help On Need Diagnosing is my first post on techspot so be nice My problem is that i started my pc up earlier today and i was prompted with a bios screen asking if i wanted to boot windows normally safe mode or from last known good configuration I chose last known good configuration My pc then restarted and nothing displayed on the monitor so i turned it off and back on and nothing displayed again Anyways im at the point where no matter how many times i try the display will not show The pc sounds as though it starts up but wont load the bios screen I have tried motherboards switching over all the components thinking it was a faulty motherboard eventhough it had worked the previous day I get Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC the exact same problem with this motherboard too I have Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC disconnected all the drives and i still get the same problem My PSU Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC is an antec w which is only several weeks old so i wouldnt say it was a problem with it not supplying enough power to the motherboard The motherboard does not beep at all either So i have no way of finding out whats wrong with it I have left it unpowered and removed the bios battery several times but no change Also my dvd rom will not open whilst connected to either motherboard it will only open when i remove the IDE cable and run it only with power The computer doesnt even show anything with the dvd drive disconnected either I have also tried reinstalling the ram but if it was the ram then the motherboard would beep right My only guess is that it could be the cpu but the fan powers up and there is no bleeps from the motherboard indicating this I would really appreciate any help that you can give And before you ask all the cables have been connected properly Specs are amd dual core skt ASUS a v-nm and the SE motherboard was the original one gb mhz kingston ram gb SATA seagate HDD Empire DVD Writer Geforce gt Antec w PSU Thanks for reading this by the way and thanks in advance to all the replies Its really frustrating lol Ryan nbsp

A:Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC

It looks to me that you have done a very thorough job of fault diagnosis and i agree with your conclusion that the fault could well be with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-diagnosing-a-hardware-fault-on-my-pc.89046/
Relevancy 55.04%

dropped the lappy and now all i get is the

we appoligise for the inconvience but windows did not start succesfully a recent hardware change might have caused this

then goes on start normally or safe mode etc,

it does not boot in anything

Can you please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/posible-hardware-fault.886645/
Relevancy 55.04%

Sorry for writing a novel as a first post It all started with my PC running slow on the gaming frontier I forked out for a new gig stick of RAM and all was well until my PC had random complete shutdowns Entire power off no warning nothing like oldschool pc shutdowns bam off so I had a look inside the case to see fault locating Need hardware help if there was anything obvious like if I had bumped something but I accidentally hit the voltage switch and blew the PSU Next day I got a new off the shelf Need help locating hardware fault Thermaltake w everything was fine again until I started getting screen garble Big Florescent pink and green lines on a white back ground with an offset square where the mouse was So I tinkered with graphics settings and all but it still continued So next day I bought a new Radeon X Pro I don t have a question I m just bragging lt Kidding Need help locating hardware fault gt I threw in an old Gb HDD at the same time as the Vid card and again all was going well until I started playing UT and the sound goes funkadelic three distinct different tones repeating over and over I shut down the PC at the PSU and Need help locating hardware fault restart but it wont go further than post It comes through with Clockspeed and memory count but wouldn t go further I disconnected the old HDD and it went past post and seems fine The real question is Where could the real fault be and the point of origin What could I have done to the machine could the PSU have spiked other hardware Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access Are there likely to be any further faults Has anyone had this happen before nbsp

A:Need help locating hardware fault

1. Where could the real fault be, and the point of origin?: Well you replaced everything apart from the motherboard and RAM so they would be your best bets. Download memtest and test your RAM for a while with it. Not the Windows version but the DOS version. I think it is on Hirens boot CD. Also on the Ultimate boot CD wich you should be able to find through google

2. What could I have done to the machine, could the PSU have spiked other hardware?

Did you insult your computer or look at it **** eyed? It is not likely that the PSU spiked the hardware but it is more possible that the amount of amps that came through the PSU was to much for the rest of the components to handle

3. Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access?

Well the harddrive is a mechanical object. The more you push it the harder it works. The harder it works the more likely it is apparent to develop problems but this would only happen with a damaged or extremely old harddrive

4. Are there likely to be any further faults?

Well it is still not working correctly so you still have problems. The fact that that the motherboard beeps is an indication that something is upsetting your BIOS. It is quite possible that the motherboard is damaged. Or at least that your computer is overheating

5. Has anyone had this happen before?

I have had all of these problems but not all at once. Now this is a novel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-locating-hardware-fault.605718/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have fault or hardware Virus a problem with either a repeating c key or it doesn t work at all i have to opy and paste it all the time I m unsure if it s a virus thing or maybe just a hardware fault but it doesn t happen in safe mode so I m leaning toward the former DDR doesn t seem to run on my laptop i just get a window explaining that it s non invasive et and when that disappears nothing else happens Below are the hijak this amp gmer logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Virus or hardware fault svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Connect BecHelperService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Virus or hardware fault Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System SnoopFreeSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS SnoopFreeUI exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXE C Program Files Zoom CnxDslTb exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files PPLiveNetwork PPAP exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Right now I BSOD: Fault ?? Hardware am trying my best to keep my laptop running while I am posting this thread I have been victimized by relentless blue screens which I suspect is a result of some hardware problem I initially thought this was a Windows and or Virus problem BSOD: Hardware Fault ?? I posted a thread as well http forums techguy org virus-oth -extreme-system-slowdown-blue-screens htm l but I recently formatted and reinstalled Windows but the blue screens keep coming back I am using IBM Thinkpad R a model so pretty old by now It runs Intel Centrino GHz proc GB IDE hard disk it initially came with MB RAM but I upgraded it to GB Windows XP SP Here are the problems I am facing since last one month Extreme system slowdown while running two or MS Office files or Outlook or even two tabs on Google Chrome The mouse pointer tends to get stuck while moving on the screen as if my system is busy even when Task manager shows system usage between to times I face a slowdown I end up with a blue screen it mostly says something like A critical process thread has been stopped to stop further damage and a few error codes are X F X X A F DA X A C C X A CB C though the error codes change every time Also at times I get a blue screen while boot up that says Unmountable Disk and while running Windows I see Unknown Hard Error I showed my laptop to someone and he predicted that the MB RAM was causing the trouble and took it out but it still did not solve the problem The problem occurs instantly if I move my laptop from my desk to another location i e the moment I move it I get a blue screen I did run a memtest and it returned no errors Can anyone please help me figure out what s the problem I am living with it for more than a month now and its frustrating Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD: Hardware Fault ??

If moving it causes that kind of issue - I'd be looking at loose connections. DVD drive connection, AC adapter connections, Hard Drive connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-hardware-fault.949929/
Relevancy 55.04%

OK the C key on my keyboard seems to have developed a life of its own Sometimes it won't work at all sometimes when typing it repeats amp repeats the only way to stop it is to hit ctrl amp alt at the same time This only happens with the C key If there isn t a text window open then two of the icons on the desktop flash repeatedly one is pdf file one is a powerpoint file Again only way to stop it fault? Malware hardware or seems to be ctrl amp alt at the same Malware or hardware fault? time scanned with Avira nothing shows same with malwarebytes I use both of these regularly DDS wouldn't execute on my laptop I just get a DOS window opening that Malware or hardware fault? reminds me to turn off script blockers what are they tells me it's non invasive won't take longer than minutes and that a log will be produced but then that window disappears and nothing else happens The GMER log seemed togo ok and Malware or hardware fault? is zipped amp attached Did all the above with AV etc disabled

Relevancy 55.04%

I sometimes spend a long time diagnosing certain faults on a PC/Laptop. Is it RAM, HDD, Mobo etc etc, until I pin down the exact faulty piece of a computer. I have been looking into diagnostic kits to try and save me some time, They seem to vary in price from 30-1500. They all claim to be able to diagnose the exact hardware fault of a PC or laptop. My questions are, does anyone have any experience of these kits, if so do they actually work? And can anyone recommend a particular brand/model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-fault-diagnostic.1139570/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everyone,

I've been having BSOD for the past year. I've tried the normal ways to fix it: update drivers, chkdsk /r /f. Still having problems. As of late it has been happening more and more frequently. I don't game, it usually just happens when I'm browsing the internet or using excel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I had two BSOD while trying to post on this forum, not in the attached log)

Regards,

Vince.

A:Constant BSOD most recent 0x0000050 page fault nonpaged data

Just had another, 0x000000d1 wdf01000.sys, DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS Equal.

Even when starting my computer I got a BSOD. It's beginning to be ridiculous.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378689-constant-bsod-most-recent-0x0000050-page-fault-nonpaged-data.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m having some issues with my PC and i am not sure what is wrong i have exhausted what knowledge i have to be honest A couple of weeks ago i was using my HDD related, Fault. Hardware maybe not? Unknown Maybe PC same as always and i got a crash i dont remember the exact nature Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? now but Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i restarted the PC and when i did i was greeted with a black screen with a flashing cursor when i tried to boot I fiddled around with my hard drive configuration at this point disabling one then the other to see if Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i could get the GRUB loader to appear This didnt work but when i put both drives back in as they were before i could access GRUB again but it would throw up error Makes sense i messed around with the drive positioning so grub would be a bit confused It s from this point that things went really wrong I used a LIVE ubuntu CD to try and repair grub but found that my GB HDD was actually inaccessible due to a bad superblock Further inspection showed that both my HDD s were showing some level of corruption I ran SEATOOLS on both my drives in the hopes that at least an error code would get me an RMA The GB drive passed fine first time The GB drive did not it failed the long test due to some corrupt LBA s that it corrected It has passed the long test twice now without error I decided at this point just to cut my losses reformat the drives and start over This went relatively painlessly and once i was setup in ubuntu i got a reminder that my HDDs were failing This feature is notoriously over sensitive though so i investigated further The GB drive had reallocated sectors that were not present before and the GB drive has pending sector rewrites as well as uncorrectable errors also not present before I have been monitoring the drives since and there has been no increase in damage over the last couple of weeks I assume they both took some damage in the crash but have no idea how My issues now have become more pronounced In windows my mouse will slow down under periods of heavy usage and freeze or lag a lot Sometimes i boot up and my USB devices kb mouse wif dish need to be reconnected before windows will detect them When the mouse is lagging the computer also slows to an absolute crawl and becomes unusable whilst this is occuring Performance in d games has plummeted too my fps jumps widly from the maximum amount i know i should be getting all the way down to around a quarter of its full speed So what has happened My operating systems are both on the GB drive the one i figured had taken the least amount of damage I cant RMA these drives without a seatools code so am stuck with them for a while besides if the manufacturers tool passes them fine then they cant be that damaged right Are all the problems indicitive of hard drive errors I m thinking whatever caused my drives to frazzle in the first place might be responsible here All help appreciated sorry for long post nbsp

A:Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not?

Update:

Tried extracting an archive on the 250GB drive, went at 16MB/s, lagged my computer out like crazy and i had to forcibly close the extraction. Copied the files to my 320GB (copied at full speed btw) and extracted there at 40MB/s with no impact on my PC performance whatsoever.

Seems fairly obvious then that my 250GB is simply screwed? Is there anything i can do here? SMART only shows 34 reallocated sectors out of 36 that were available for remapping leaving 2 spare sectors still, it should not be behaving like this, should it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-hardware-fault-maybe-hdd-related-maybe-not.911131/
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently I took delivery of a new PC Intel Pentium quot LGA Prescott quot GHz FSB with HT Technology Asus P AD Premium X LGA Motherboard Western is - or hardware Serious software it problem fault a ? Digital Caviar Special Edition GB JB ATA- MB Cache AOpen H A Super Tower W Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ? PSU Corsair MB DDR XMS - Pro Windows XP Pro already owned Everything was going fine until I connected to the net for the first time and got a virus that made the pc keep restarting itself and freezing up the net As a result of this I decided to reformat the hard drive and start from scratch nothing unusual there yes but as I had never reformatted before I by mistake tried to reinstall Windows via desktop instead of reformatting the hard drive first and that is where the problems began when I tried to reformat the hard drive like i should have done in the first place my pc kept refusing saying that there were programs already running the virus I guess Now when I try and install Windows via boot up it comes up with the following error message every time that I try and install Windows via boot up stop x b xf c xc x x This also happens if I change over hard drives so it can t be a hard drive problem BIOS update has also been installed so that is running normally So is it a a faulty XP disc b a problem with the motheboard c a system virus I need to know as it simply won t let me install Windows even after reformat or switching drives nbsp

A:Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ?

Sounds like the computer is not booting of the CD. You need to go into the BIOS setup when the computer first turns on, usually press F2 or DEL, and find the Boot Order. Make sure the Boot Order has the CD-ROM in the sequence before the hard drive. Then save and exit. Now when the computer starts with the XP CD in the drive it should come up and ask you to press any key to boot off the CD which is what you want to do. Then follow the onscreen instructions. You will probably want to do a new/clean install of XP so you will want to format the drive when asked.

Here's some installation guides:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/installxphome1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-software.280252/
Relevancy 54.18%

HI THERE i'm really disappointed i got blue screen amp blue screen error several time a day since MONTHS I loaded WINDBG to BSOD FAULT disk SRV.SYS & IN WITH hardware read my last BSOD there were'nt same i mean this is the Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F fffffa b fffffa b fffff dc d Probably caused by hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg fffffa b Terminating object Arg fffffa b Process image file name BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT Arg fffff dc d Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ PROCESS OBJECT fffffa b IMAGE NAME hardware disk DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe EXCEPTION RECORD fffff c b -- exr xfffff c b ExceptionAddress e f ExceptionCode c In-page I O error ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter fefd fd a Parameter c e Inpage operation failed at fefd fd a due to I O error c e EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - L CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - L EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER fefd fd a EXCEPTION PARAMETER c e IO ERROR NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n EXCEPTION STR xc c e FAULTING IP a e f BUGCHECK STR xF IOERR C E FOLLOWUP IP a fe fd fd a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware disk STACK COMMAND kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v And the Second Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffff fc f ffffffffc e b fffff eed Probably caused by srv sys srv TerminateServer Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR a The requested page of kernel data could not be read in Typically caused by a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error Also see KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR If the error status is xC E xC C xC D or xC it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure If the error status is xC A then it means the request failed because a filesystem failed to make forward progress Arguments Arg fffff fc f lock type that was held value or PTE address Arg ffffffffc e error status normally i o status code Arg b current process virtual address for lock type or PTE Arg fffff eed virtual address that could not be in-paged or PTE contents if arg is a PTE address Debugging Details ------------------ ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n DISK HARDWARE ERROR There was error with disk hardware BUGCHECK STR x a c e CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME fffff bd -- trap xfffff bd NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax ff b rbx rcx fffff a d b rdx fffffa d eb rsi rdi rip fffff eed rsp fffff bd e rbp r r r fffffa d r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz ac po cy srv SrvCloseShare fffff eed fff push rbx Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff afa to fffff a STACK TEXT fffff bd fffff afa a fffff fc f ffffffff c e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bd fffff a b fffffa e fffff bd b fffff c fffff b nt FNODOBFM string' x c e fffff bd fffff aa c ffffffff ffffffff nt MiIssueHardFault x b fffff bd f fffff a e fffff a d b fffff a d b nt MmAccessFault x c fffff bd fffff eed fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b nt KiPageFault x e fffff bd e fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b f srv SrvCloseShare fffff bd f fffff f e fffffa b f df fffff c a f fffffa d ... Read more

A:BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT

Oh, you're not dead yet

Hello and welcome to TSF.

At a glance, it looks like you're having some problems with memory management. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-with-srv-sys-and-hardware-disk-in-fault-553145.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

Was getting the following error: "Hardware ID Missing, Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the ATA Controller 0"

To date I have carried out the following actions with no success:

1. Removed DVD and re-connected
2. Deleted ATA Controller 0 in Manage Device Manager and rebooted
3. Installed the latest driver and rebooted
4. Removed all motherboard connections and re-connected
5. Purchased replacement DVD drive and replaced

The DVD opens/closes correctly. When I boot into BIOS the DVD is present but listed as this in the Boot Menu:

CD/DVD \S[TKozp)CLD^D_ \S-L>3:H(-(PM)

God only knows what that means, but could be a good clue!!!

If anyone could please help it would be appreciated, many thanks in advance..

Rik

System:

Toshiba Satellite P200D-128
Vista 32 Bit
2GB RAM
Processor AMD Turion 64x2

A:Hardware ID Missing fault with DVD drive, even when replaced DVD.

Try the following two Fix It tools.

Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212297-hardware-id-missing-fault-dvd-drive-even-when-replaced-dvd.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi folks My brother s computer recently bit the dust while he was at work much to my chagrin he leaves it hardware fault of BSODs assumed...? Variety - running almost continuously for no particularly reason Variety of BSODs - hardware fault assumed...? and in trying to fix it I ve uncovered various BSODs which come and go but invariably full XP refuses to load It dies either whilst loading or when you attempt to log in Safe mode boots but only after I already tinkered with a few things The spec is as follows Athlon FX GB RAM Leadtek GT GB Maxtor Asus A V Initially the computer wouldn t boot to XP at all but having disabled all but two of the USB ports underclocked the CPU multiplier to x and unplugged the DVD drive a CD writer remains safe mode now seems largely stable I was able to run a disk defrag but when networking is enabled it BSODs I ve run memtest and it comes up negative for errors I it continuously overnight and apparently no problems Some of the BSODs are NDIS sys nv mini sys USBPORT sys Haven t seen USBPORT sys since disabling most of the usbs and NDIS seems to be the most common cause combined with the added instability of network safe mode could the onboard LAN be at fault Otherwise I m suspicious it might be a PSU problem as this would explain the variety of errors and apparently unfaulty RAM Looking in the BIOS setup the VCORE seems to be fluctuating a little but having never checked before I don t know if this is normal The readings are as follows VCORE V -- gt V V -- gt V V -- gt Any suggestions as to how I might further test anything would be much appreciated Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, and thank you for taking your time to help me

So each night I take my computer along with monitors etc. out of the power plug in the wall.
When I but the power plug back in to start the computer up, my keyboard instantly powers on, the same goes with my two monitors.
When I then turn on the computer nothing really happens. All of the fans and lights turn on (The MoBo fan spins insanely), but nothing comes on the monitor screen. The monitors keeps searching for a unit but won't find the computer.

Sometimes after waiting a few minutes the screen suddenly shows the startup of windows and I can use it normally.

I think it's an hardware related problem but I'm not entirely sure.
I use windows 10.

Hope you can help me
Johan, Denmark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boot-problems-suspect-hardware-fault.1169961/
Relevancy 53.32%

I ve been really suffering and cursing my laptop When I attach an external monitor under + fault this atikmdag I covered - am software or is hardware? warranty? it will work fine - for a while And then it will just crash If I don t yank out the external monitor cable in time - I see the dreaded bluescreen of atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? death Today the same thing happened - but I noticed in the bubble from system tray mention atikmdag I googled and it atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? seems I am not alone - atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? there are millions and billions of people suffering from the same problem The thing is tooo much information I couldn t figure out head or tail of what exactly the cause and solution was Many links say that it could be based on a zillion different thing and to each of these there are different solutions Firstly is it hardware or software Secondly can I make a claim against my warranty I have a Dell laptop and am years into a year warranty - so I m still covered I would add I have updated the latest graphics driver from Dell - doesn t solve problem And also I thought I d mention I rebuild my laptop every days and make sure all Windows and Virus updates are in place - so it ALWAYS is a fresh new laptop - just mentioning this to dismiss the fact that it could be a Windows problem Any replies would be great Thanks OM nbsp

A:atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty?

The ATI driver that is being blamed in the error pop up is for your graphics card but it could mean that your card is failing.

When you say "I rebuild my laptop every 30 days" what exactly do you do and what software are you using.

Windows and all Anti Virus software can be set to automatically update so you should not need to check either of them.

Follow this to post a few of the latest minidumps from the BSOD's so they can be analysed.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmdag-fault-is-this-software-or-hardware-am-i-covered-under-warranty.1007508/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an HP 8100 elite that keeps bsod. i ran the driver verifier and attached are the zipped results.

How to I read the log files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-hardware-fault-driver-verifier-run-588143.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 53.32%

i'm having trouble with a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. when i try to start it, i get a blue screen with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", etc.

i can't get it to boot fully to a desktop screen in normal mode or in safe mode. so i dont have a HJT log or any other log. is it possible this is a malware/trojan issue or is it a RAM problem?

i am able to get to the windows log-in box but then it briefly (1 or 2 seconds) shows the desktop and i get the error message above.

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-or-hardware-problem-page-fault-nonpaged.790558/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey this is my first time posting here but I'm familiar with BSOD's fault. hardware during Windows bootup, suspecting forums and such Well I might as well describe my problem I have a HP Pavilion dv ca laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium CPU AMD Turion X GHz Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go M RAM Gb DDR Well Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault. this all started out a few weeks ago I was busy doing my normal stuff browsing the web talking to my friends on Skype and listening to music in iTunes when I get a notification for an update to bring iTunes up to I did the update and the process went smoothly But then things started to go horribly wrong for me During the reboot sequence Vista blue screened and went into autorestart Unfortunately I was unable to make out what the message said During POST everything was fine but when Vista tried to boot up I chose start Windows Normally when it gave me the option to it blue screened yet again during this bootup and restarted So in a rut I quickly hit f and managed to get into boot options Naturally I tried to get into safe mode BUT that's when things started to get weird It tried to boot but I got absolutely no GUI at all Explorer exe somehow didn't load up properly or anything My mouse was working as the pointer was up and I could move it around and everything but behind it was just a black screen Nothing else at all Frustrated I hard rebooted and did a system restore BUT during the restore I chose a restore point that was set the day before it gave me a message saying that the restore point could not be used please use another one That was an odd one So I fiddled around with the different restore points until I found a good one that was set before the iTunes install But then this is when things got really weird Windows finally managed to boot properly and I could get into my desktop But then I noticed that the internet wasn't connecting I tried to connect manually but Windows kept saying that the dependency group service could not be started This was getting a little odd So I tried to start it manually by going into My Computer BUT when I tried to do that Windows told me that it couldn't start it up at all and then afterwards I got BSOD' yet again Frustrated and going through a horrible anxiety attack my schoolwork and personal files are on this laptop here and I'm not one for backing up on a regular basis I tried doing another system restore THIS time it seemed to have worked out ok cause now the services had managed to get working again I'm typing this up right now on said laptop because everything's stable at the moment However I'm suspecting that Windows won't boot up right if I do a restart and go through the whole cycle yet again leaving me in an anxious mess Since I have no idea where the BSOD report dump is I checked the reliability monitor and it gave me this http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part So finally my question is what just happened How did iTunes do this DID iTunes do this Is my computer still properly stable Is a Vista reinstall in my future I need some help making sense out of my situation I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this

A:Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

UPDATE: A friend of mine that's CompTIA A+ Certified took a look at the computer finally and ran some memtests; turns out that there was a bad stick of RAM that was doing this. I'm grabbing another 1 gig stick during the weekend, so that'll be fine now.

This topic can now be closed. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-bsods-during-bootup-suspecting-hardware-fault-309627.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I've installed Windows Ultimate bit on a HP Pavilion Laptop model dv eu by backing up my work and formatting the HDD The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to get the Nvidia Graphics driver to work I downloaded the most recent driver for the Nvidia Geforce Go from Nvidia site and I get the blue screen so I have now uninstalled the driver and gone back to standard VGA I have also searched this forum and I came across the following thread which assisted Geforce fault? Hardware 7600 re Software Go or Nvidia me in the past with a Sony Vaio laptop NVIDIA Driver - Convert from Desktop to Mobile Laptop I followed the instructions outlined but I still get a blue screen on this HP laptop I also get red green vertical lines on the boot Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 screen but it goes away when the quot Starting quot graphic appears with the windows logo I can still log into windows using the Standard VGA driver which windows installs but I would like to get the Nvidia driver to work I think there is a physical problem with the Graphics card but then why am I able to login to Windows Can anyone advise please Thanks in advance

A:Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600

I have a dv9720us and it has the Geforce 7150M/nforce 630M graphics using version 179.67 for windows Vista 64 bit drivers, because the Windows 7 64 bit are beta.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/151735-hardware-software-fault-re-nvidia-geforce-go-7600-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This crash started out of the blue for no apparent reason I generally find that leaving one side of my case open helps to keep my PC freezes/crashes) WHEA-Logger Hardware fault (W7 cooler than when the case is WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault closed and sealed I have the case closed atm I did have a noisy PSU which was slightly respositioned but other than this I am sure nothing else could be the cause The only thing I did with the PSU was to adjust the casing screws so it no longer vibrated And I do have my doubts about the PSU being at fault here This error crash has only showed up months later after adjusting the PSU If the problem consists and no one here is able to help resolve this then I will go back to Vista Ultimate and see if the problems showup there Also FYI this PC has never had nor ever will be overclocked Copied from Event Viewer Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Log nbsp Name span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB System br Source span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color - span span style color BB Windows span span style color - span span style color BB WHEA span span style color - span span style color BB Logger br Date span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB br Event nbsp ID span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br Task nbsp Category span span style color nbsp span span style color BB None br Level span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Error br Keywords span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br span span style color BB User span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB LOCAL nbsp SERVICE br Computer span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - span span style color BB office span span style color - span span style color BB PC br Description span span style color br span span style color BB A nbsp fatal nbsp hardware nbsp error nbsp has nbsp occurred span span style color br span span style color BB Reported nbsp by nbsp component span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Processor nbsp Core br Error nbsp Source span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Machine nbsp Check nbsp Exception br Error nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Internal nbsp Timer nbsp Error br Processor nbsp ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br The nbsp details nbsp view nbsp of nbsp this nbsp entry nbsp contains nbsp further nbsp information span span style color br span span style color BB Event nbsp Xml span span style color br lt span span style color BB Event nbsp xmlns span span style color span span style color DD http schemas microsoft com win events event span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB System span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Provider nbsp Name span span style color span span style color DD Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger nbsp span span style color BB Guid span span style color span span style color DD C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED nbsp span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Level span span style color gt sp... Read more

A:WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault

Please read this article: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

In particular, test your RAM, Video card, and make sure your temps are okay using Speedfan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85976-whea-logger-w7-freezes-crashes-hardware-fault.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an ADSL modem router combo device ZyXel Prestige HW- Recently I found that the LAN ports are no longer functioning properly It took a long time to arrive at this diagnosis because my second rig -- an dead, fault ghosts? LAN Router Solved: ports or hardware ancient AMD K -III was is connecting just fine Later it turned Solved: Router LAN ports dead, hardware fault or ghosts? out it is in fact the only computer that CAN connect It is a hardware level problem I suspect because the port indicator leds will not light up when a cable is plugged in The client computer will behave as if the cable is unplugged First I thought one particular port was broken but I ve connected the AMD rig to all ports for testing and sure enough it works on all of them Any other rig that I connect will stay on a perpetual cycle of trying to obtain an IP address and never getting it Yes I have tried switching cables rebooting clients AND the router etc The wireless is working just as well as it ever did nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

ive been experiencing need identifying part fault; help the random hardware BSODs, suspected random BSODs since some - weeks first just a few came random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part up then suddenly stopped for more than a random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part week and then started again i have done lots of HDD RAM amp video memory checks and neither indicated any damage to these parts but since the BSODs are all memory-related i random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part suspect it to be the CPU memory controller or something between the CPU and the RAM or maybe the chipset or the connection between the RAM slots and the motherboard one symptom that is very special is that occasionally usually right after a crash one of my RAM modules doesnt get detected anymore of course i tried reseating them both using just one in each slot and using totally different RAM modules just to exclude the chance that the RAM modules or one of the two slots became defective regarding the BSODs the majority is error B with atikmdag sys however after having completely removed all AMD software and drivers and registry keys and installed a previous version of CCC and the GPU driver which used to work perfectly before having installed the most recent one beta and before the BSODs started to occur the BSODs reoccured so it definitely is not related to the GPU drivers but they just seem to be the first to suffer from the errors my suspicion regarding the CPU memory controller or something on the motherboard is strenghtened by the fact that this notebook has always had major heat issues due to its internal design just one fan and suboptimal placement of the hottest parts inside so i fear the heat might have caused damage mostly around - C sometimes when stressed very much like during gaming the CPU throttles when reaching C and the GPU when reaching C ive been cleaning the inside of the notebook regularily each - weeks since ive gotten it years ago and already repasted the CPU amp GPU times about months in between last time was end of may which may suggest that something went wrong last time i did the repasting job usually after repasting the temps went down noticeably and only after some - months i needed to blow the inside and maybe clean it a bit for the first time the specs are following windows ultimate bit sp custom freshly installed right after purchase so no OEM OS and no upgrade HP Envy D ea notebook i qm ATI mobility radeon gb kingston hyperx ram x gb seagate momentus xt gb HD i know there is almost certainly no hope for this notebook anymore but since there is no real alternative i would be willing to buy at the moment i would like to keep it alive for some additional months if anyhow possible then id go for a HP zbook mobile wirkstation so maybe if we can narrow the issue down to a single part i might be able to buy this exact part and replace it if eg a new CPU would do it just to prolong the notebook for these months this would be great btw the notebook is not completely dead now i am writing this thread from it and i can mostly avoid any BSODs by just not stressing it too much by browsing too many windows tabs etc surprisingly when gaming it only crashed once so i think the stress and heat that gaming produces is not the right one to produce the errors but having several browser windows open and eg a youtube video this almost certainly crashes after a while i am uploading the jcgriff folder perfmon report and additionally most of the minidumps ive saved from the last weeks so you can see that it is not restricted to a specific driver there you can also see the dates of the minidumps and how there was a gap with no errors for more than a week note i have no full memory dumps because of limited space on my primary partition why i neither have system managed page file on my c partition if really needed i can turn it on temporarily so a full memory... Read more

A:random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part

although i am quite sure this is a hardware issue, not a software/driver one, ive been running the driver verifier for some time now, and got some BSODs, so i am uploading them here now as well.

though as already said, i doubt this will help further, since the BSODs i get do not always recognize a driver, sometimes its just memory fault with no service identified, or in rare cases the system just turns off without a blue screen.

note: ive had the driver verifier select all installed drivers automatically, and not just non-microsoft ones, since quite often system kernel files such as win2k.sys are the ones mentioned in the BSOD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-suspected-hardware-fault-need-help-identifying-the-part-859185.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi The problem is a mix of BSOD s and freezes I only noticed the error message on the BSOD a couple of times which was quot page fault in non-paged area quot with a reference to the file win k sys It then started a memory dump and rebooted on completion Attached is the minidump file and and in fault with install Page hardware new BSOD area non-paged a txt document with the error codes The machine is new I built it last September - specs below with Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware Vista -bit SP It had been running absolutely fine since a week ago when I swapped my old Seagate hard drive out and put in the current drives and installed them in RAID Initially I thought that it was the RAID config or drivers and have since done several Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware reinstalls However same probs kept occurring I was Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware also worried that my system might be underpowered and that the nd hd was just slightly too much I ve consequently also reinstalled everything on one of the hard drives and disconnected the other as it is now but still the same problems I can t help feeling that it s hardware-related and am on the verge of buying a higher-powered PSU I ve run Memtest a couple of times to coverage no errors Have Kaspersky Internet Security installed fully updated and nothing detected just now after a full scan Hope you can help Am desperately trying to do my work on this machine Thanks Specs Asus P Q motherboard Intel C D E stock Geil Black Dragon GB MHz dual channel Powercolor HD PCS Mb x GB Seagate currently x DVDRW Corsair VX W several fans EDIT Another crash just now but this time the screen went haywire with lots of colours and lines - no BSOD or anything else Wasn t doing anything stressful just IE Could the video card be damaged Had the processor running lightly overclocked before Christmas and tried it with Crysis - could this have pushed the PSU to beyond limits nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I have bought a new hardware recently Asus M A LT-M hardware and Area Nonpaged system Fault unstabilitity BSOD change. after In Page LE AMD II X and Geil GB DDR Value - - I assembled everything togheter with hardware left from BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area my old PC which gave me this CPU AMD II X Mainboard Asus M A LT-M LE Memory Geil GB DDR Value - - Hard Drive BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area GB Westgate Video Geforce GT Power Supply Chieftec smart W I formatted whole HDD and installed fresh copy of Windows XP service pack After few hours my windows started crashing BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x nv disp dll dumps of the BSOD in the attachment when I tried to play Crysis or Race Driver Grid I checked other games and windows crash in all of them Modern Warfare Need For Speed Shift Left Dead with same BSOD I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn t helped I also tried installing old ones no success I have noticed that almost all of my applications suddenly crash Mozilla Chrome Office after few minutes of use Furthermore the files I download from the internet or copied from the usb sticks to HDD gets corrupted by CRC errors very often I reinstalled system two times but that didn t solved crashing and BSODS After that I had all my hardware component tested and I also have found nothing CPU Tested with orthos I ran two instances to test first two cores and the third one One hour test with no errors - C when IDLE - C when in stress RAM I tested my stick with Memtest passes and hour of testing which gave me no errors I tried testing them with this Memtest from hcidesign com it gave me few errors but I find Memtest to be more reliable Maybe I m wrong HDD Tested with HD tune CHKDSK and HDD Scan no errors C - C GPU Couldn t test because system crash when I try to run any graphic advanced application or game but it was fine before I changed my hardware C in IDLE and up to C in stress Here s my question what should I do I m getting out of ideas At start I thought that all errors are caused by bad stick of RAM but Memtest didn t showed any errors which made me confused Thanks for the help I ll provide you with all information you ll need just tell me Any kind of advice will be appreciated nbsp

A:BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

0x50AGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

nv4.disp.dll is a Nvidia display driver. Try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-system-unstabilitity-after-hardware-change-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.152973/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys

So I recently upgraded some hardware; Core i7 6700; Asus Maximus VIII; Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4-2400MHz Kit. The parts that I have kept are my PSU, hard drive, SSD, and GPU (Radeon R9 290). Ever since the upgrade I have had endless BSOD crashes. I have updated my BIOS and all of my drivers. I have run a 'WhoCrashed' report which seemed to indicate that the crashes are not related to hardware issues.

If the problem is a hardware one, is it possible to narrow down which part is faulty? If anybody would be able to help out with my problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Constant BSOD with new hardware

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

Code:
<ActivePartialProductKey>T83GX</ActivePartialProductKey>
<ActiveProductKeyPid2>00331-10000-00001-AA345</ActiveProductKeyPid2>
<OSVersion>10.0.10586.2.00010100.0.0.048</OSVersion>
<ProductName>Windows 10 Pro</ProductName>
<ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture>
<EditionId>Professional</EditionId>
<BuildLab>10586.th2_release.160126-1819</BuildLab>
<TimeZone>South Africa Standard Time(GMT+02:00)</TimeZone>
<ActiveSkuId>2de67392-b7a7-462a-b1ca-108dd189f588</ActiveSkuId>
<ActiveSkuDescription>Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel</ActiveSkuDescription>
<ProductUniquenessGroups>55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f</ProductUniquenessGroups>
<ActiveProductKeyPKeyId>08e404fb-41f3-77ac-59ef-6e9f2d3f499d</ActiveProductKeyPKeyId>
<ActiveProductKeyPidEx>03612-03311-000-000001-03-7177-10586.0000-0322016</ActiveProductKeyPidEx>
<ActiveProductKeyChannel>Volume:GVLK</ActiveProductKeyChannel>
<ActiveVolumeCustomerPid>05426-00206-271-403075-03-2057-9200.0000-3642014</ActiveVolumeCustomerPid>
<OfflineInstallationId>387980327732158547826489143614518615523916238988231396457086326</OfflineInstallationId>
<DomainJoined>false</DomainJoined>
Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41161-constant-bsod-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have a brand new XPS machine which hardware code down, shut itself BIOS or sleep XPS after Powers (9550) hibernate. issue on 15 or fault? I suppose may have a factory defect but I d like to try asking here and see if others have similar experiences before sending it to repair TL DR Issuing a shut down hibernate or start command makes the laptop go down Light from the power button goes away seconds later the power comes back on and the system starts up On delivery the laptop had Win Pro on it I want to have a clean install without the bloatware which is often shipped with new computers so I reinstalled it on the very first day with a USB stick prepared with Windows Pro install media on it Once installed I added the WLAN driver and let the machine get all other drivers via Windows update Once done I shut down the machine and put it in XPS 15 (9550) Powers itself on after shut down, sleep or hibernate. BIOS code issue or hardware fault? my bag So far so good I thought nbsp When i took it of of my bag I instantly noticed that it was hot and that the screen was already at the Windows logon as soon as I flipped up the screen Logged on and tried to shut it down just to realize that the machine comes back on seconds after completed shut down I tried this several times to see if it was repeatable and yes it is Behavior is same every time It s the same regardless of choosing shut down hibernate or sleep Always seconds after the light on power button goes out power comes back on BIOS wise or release behaves equal I have tried resetting the BIOS to factory defaults and BIOS defaults as XPS 15 (9550) Powers itself on after shut down, sleep or hibernate. BIOS code issue or hardware fault? well Operating system wise I ve tried reinstalling the machine with both the Microsoft install image The Microsoft tool that prepares a USB drive as Win installation media and the image supplied by Dell via the support pages No difference I ve tried to stay on drivers supplied by Windows update as well as manually installing everything from Dell support site No difference Findings from google refer to quot Fast boot quot setting in windows but I did not get any improvement from either settings of this I even went as far as tried to run Ubuntu on the laptop to see if the behavior is OS agnostic and yes it seems Shut down from the menu of the Ubuntu desktop gives the same result seconds after power led goes out the power returns Even when in the BIOS settings menu I can do a short press of the power button to request a shut down and reach the same result seconds after power led coming off system is by itself restarting The only way to shut down this computer is to do a long press on the power button If I do that the machine shuts down and stays off Last thing to share here is that inside the BIOS interface there is a power state log In there I can see that the system has powered off at a certain timestamp and that the associated reason is something like quot ACPI Power off quot or similar don t have the machine here at hand right now quot Immediately after that there is a power on event but the reason is listed as quot Not applicable quot I interpret this that there is something actually making a signal to the system to start up rather than a hardware fault Possibly a BIOS bug My patience is rather much consumed with this as I do not see any more things to try I think next stop is the workshop for this machine but I cannot be without it for the next week so I ll need to keep it with me some time still

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992618
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all I just recently spent a chunk of my life s precious savings on a new computer and put windows on it because why not Well ever since day it has been freezing constantly once every few hours when I am in the middle of using the computer will not freeze if left alone for any amount of time Checking the event logger I get an Error at the time of the crash A fatal hardware error has occurred Component AMD Northbridge Error Source Machine Check Exception Error Type HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error Processor ID Click to expand When I restart this dialog box is displayed Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode Crashing Constant + Error Hardware BCP BCP FFFFFA A A F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Click to expand I have asked around and no one I ve asked can come to a consensus on what the problem is Some say it s the RAM some say the motherboard some say the CPU or PSU If any further information is needed please let me know I want to solve this issue while I can still return some components Thanks nbsp

A:Constant Crashing + Hardware Error

Both 0x9C (XP code) and 0x124 (Vista error code that has replaced the 0x9C) errors are very difficult to pin down because it can be any hardware you have.

Please see this thread whereby I tried to help someone fix his issue. It is long and he has not responded in a week but it will give you ideas on the diagnostics you can perform: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic135687.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-crashing-hardware-error.136772/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there
for a few months now, my computer has been freezing every time i try to watch a video or use any media device, and it pisses me right off.
Ive tried defragmenting, ive reinstalled windows, and the problem keeps persisting which makes me think its a hardware problem.
BUT i have 512 mb of ram which should be plenty enough to just watch a video with nothing else open. can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks alot

A:constant hardware-related(?) freeze-ups

G'day dj browser, try having a look in your "system information" folder under the system tools applet (navigating from the start button)
When you open that program you will find a nice area with a menubar with a "tools" item, drop down the list and see if you are showing a "problem log" if so open it and you may be able to get an idea of what program is causing the freezes.
Chances are if the program itself is not causing the problem it may be a driver error.
Sometimes using a specific driver removal tool for your card and removing the driver then reinstalling a new driver may help.
Sometimes removing the viewing program and reinstal may help.
It would also pay to run a "memtest86" test to confirm your memory is up to the task before you get too involved. Google the name, download the program, make a bootable disk and boot to it. Good program!!
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-hardware-related-freeze-ups.386868/
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings everybody,

This is not a problem, but an inconvenience. When I plug in my headphones the level of volume is very loud. Meaning the volume doesn't automatically go down a bit. Hell, this isn't safe...

Is there a way for the Windows 7 audio program to remember my audio level for the headphones, which is 4 instead of 100... I bet a few of you have encountered this.

I always have to waste a few seconds manually switching the volume level.

I've included an attachment, as you can see there, there is no "Headphones". This is when I have my headphones plugged in, also it is the same as when they're plugged out. It appears that my headphones are not being recognized as a different device.

A:Volume level constant between hardware

Quote: Originally Posted by Skulblaka

Greetings everybody,

This is not a problem, but an inconvenience. When I plug in my headphones the level of volume is very loud. Meaning the volume doesn't automatically go down a bit. Hell, this isn't safe...

Is there a way for the Windows 7 audio program to remember my audio level for the headphones, which is 4 instead of 100... I bet a few of you have encountered this.

I always have to waste a few seconds manually switching the volume level.

I've included an attachment, as you can see there, there is no "Headphones". This is when I have my headphones plugged in, also it is the same as when they're plugged out. It appears that my headphones are not being recognized as a different device.

They really aren't a device unless they're USB headphones. (but that's another story) The audio card mechanically switches the connections so you're getting the same output normally going to speakers.

At least that's the way it is on my system.... and yes, the phones are too loud.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/104285-volume-level-constant-between-hardware.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi there guys i have posted here about this problem before but nothing seems to work my computer constantly freezes - most often when i am watching a video constant hardware seizing problem - file but often even when i am doing nothing to provoke the memory the screen hardware problem - constant seizing will freeze any sound playing will loop the same sound over and over making it sound hardware problem - constant seizing like a remix and i am forced to restart the computer because i cant do anything before you ask this is not a software problem nor do i have a virus nor do i have spyware which is causing hardware problem - constant seizing this problem i have replaced my graphics card my ram added a better cooling system still no dice i am soon to add a sledgehammer to the computer as that would at least make me happy could this problem be caused by a faulty processor or motherboard any help appreciated thanks i am running windows xp home on an AMD with an Sis motherboard i believe it is called gfx card is gforce mx mb of sdram and a gb seagate hd nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Seven Forums I have been having many problems with my custom built desktop regarding Blue Screen of Deaths I have been on these forums before with this problem but I was help. virus, likely Constant no most driver, or Need BSOD, hardware. unable to resolve the problem The problem is my computer tends to BSOD when I either start up or shut down but also does it in between after minutes to hours of use of the time the message that comes up in my BSOD is quot Memory Management quot I have run a memory test using memtest but even after passes no problem was detected I even bought a brand new TB hard drive and that was not the problem The odd thing is when I run a Windows memory test it states that there are hardware Constant BSOD, no virus, most likely driver, or hardware. Need help. problems but does not describe what it is So basically it seems the problems could be either my RAM drivers or an unknown hardware problem Help pinpointing the problem and some tips on resolving it would be amazing Thank you very much Seven community You have helped me before and hopefully you will find the kindness to help me for the last time

A:Constant BSOD, no virus, most likely driver, or hardware. Need help.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bonto

Hello Seven Forums. I have been having many problems with my custom built desktop regarding Blue Screen of Deaths. I have been on these forums before with this problem but I was unable to resolve the problem.

The problem is, my computer tends to BSOD when I either start up or shut down but also does it in between after minutes to hours of use. 90% of the time, the message that comes up in my BSOD is "Memory_Management". I have run a memory test using memtest86 but even after 5 passes, no problem was detected. I even bought a brand new 1 TB hard drive and that was not the problem. The odd thing is, when I run a Windows memory test, it states that there are hardware problems but does not describe what it is.

So basically, it seems the problems could be either, my RAM, drivers, or an unknown hardware problem.

Help pinpointing the problem and some tips on resolving it would be amazing. Thank you very much Seven community. You have helped me before and hopefully you will find the kindness to help me for the last time.

In an effort to save time and because they are all similar I ran the most current crashes. There are at least 4 different causes.
1-Memory corruption-- I know you have run memtest but you may need run the memory one stick at a time, and the mobo slots one at a time as well
2-Your video driver. You need to remove all traces of your current driver before downloading a new copy.
3-Your AVG is implicated in at least two crashes but it may be just a memory problem surfacing in a different manner. I would un-install just to test, and if you feel you need something else I would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials.
4-I would also run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
(type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>SFC /scannow)

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Ken

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Mon Jul 5 02:31:01.262 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:46.454
BugCheck 1A, {5003, fffff70001080000, 1d, 1f0008003a}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+29f97 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5003
PROCESS_NAME: avgsrmax.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Jul 2 19:16:03.685 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:59.495
BugCheck 1A, {1236, fffffa80064cb480, fffffa80064cb4b0, 1468c4}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::UnlockAllocationBackingStore+31 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_1236
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Jul 2 18:44:34.165 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.586
BugCheck 50, {fffff8800b1b5e50, 1, fffff880041e7e34, 2}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: System
Debug session time: Mon Jun 28 13:09:26.266 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 12:44:29.076
BugCheck 1A, {3452, 7ff001f3000, fffff700010829e8, 4ac0000034103c24}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+33a23 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_3452
PROCESS_NAME: MOM.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/95506-constant-bsod-no-virus-most-likely-driver-hardware-need-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This is a new rig i built on the first two days of use it ran fine with windows -bit but then gave me consistent blue screens of death Mostly PAGE FILE IN NONPAGED AREA but it differs from time to Likely errors Hardware-related constant BSOD time and after much fighting with drivers reconnecting everything i re-formatted and installed windows again but a while later it happened again the same day I ran memory tests on the RAM several times and it Likely Hardware-related constant BSOD errors came out without errors so i re-formatted again and this time installed windows xp -bit thinking it might be -bit driver issues but later the blue screens appeared againg and again I ran IntelBurnTest to see if it s the CPU I tried different RAM sticks tried different GPUs and tried Furmark But the problem cannot be re-created I tried all of them together to see if anything crashes but hours later still nothing My current suspects are the Motherboard and the Hard drive Checkdisk came out okay though I really don t know what to do with this i m pretty stuck I ll upload some Dump files from my Minidump folder i hope it contains the answer to this mystery I m pretty sure it s not drivers or software because it crashed clean windows even on safe mode and because i used various versions of drivers to no worth Thank you for reading this and trying to help nbsp

A:Likely Hardware-related constant BSOD errors

Forgot specs:
Motherboard: Asus M2N-e (Non-SLI)
CPU: AMD Athlon II x3 445
RAM: 2*2GB Kingston DDR2 800MHz CL6
GPU: AMD Radeon HD5770
PSU: SeaSonic SS-500ET
Issue is not Heat-related, case is well-ventilated and i keep a close eye on the temperatures of all components.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/likely-hardware-related-constant-bsod-errors.993682/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey if anyone can help me with this my brand new machine is crashing multiple hardware new BSOD's!!! Windows 7 + constant = brand times over the day and it s driving me crazy Here s the short version of the story Bought a brand new system specs below Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! and got windows bit installed with Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! it After a couple days of having it home I started to experience BSOD s very randomly Usually it tended to be if I started the system left it idle for minutes it would crash after which I could start it and it would stay on and idle all day without issue However as the days went by the BSOD s became more frequent sometimes crashing times in a row before the system would start up and crashing both while idle and while actively on the Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! machine Took the system back to the store They wiped the hard drive and ended up replacing the motherboard They told me the system was running for several days without issue and so I picked it up and brought it home It s been with me now for days and I m facing the exact same problem I was before constant BSOD s as frequent as they were before I figure this has to be a driver problem something I have installed that the machine doesn t like but since I got the system back I haven t installed very much at all I ll list the programs below After the last crash now the computer is trying to boot from the CD-ROM by default and won t boot windows unless I mash on F and select the hard drive If anyone can help me out I m going kinda crazy here buying a brand new machine and having it constantly crash is rather frustrating I ve read a few people having similar problems that seem to have been solved by upping the voltage being supplied to the RAM but I really don t want to mess with those settings without a little insturction first so if anyone thinks it d help I could try it out Here are my specs any help would be great appreciated Thanks in advance Intel Core i GHz Quad-Core -bit Asus P T Motherboard Corsair TripleX XMS GB kit x GB DDR x GB total RAM LG Electronics Super Multi Double Layered x DVD Writer x Seagate Barracude GB HD QuadroFX Windows Home Premium Edition Bit In addition to that I also have an older GB hardrive hooked into the system Other than the drivers for these the only other programs I have installed are Firefox Windows Live iTunes Quicktime Maya and zBrush and AVG The one clue I have is when I got the system home for the nd time the very first thing I did was update the graphic card drivers and when I tried that I got a BSOD but after restart them I was able to install fine I m quite positive they are the correct drivers but who knows So after that longer than intended post can anyone offer any advice nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Okay so here comes BSODs minidumps the logs from the app you made me install All my drivers are updated except my old printer driver and my Realtek drivers Computer specs are in my info but since I know what kind of people we are I'll put them here after since new days Constant installing 2 BSOD Hardware anyway CPU AMD A - Constant BSOD since 2 days after installing new Hardware k New Before AMD A - k GPU Sapphire Radeon R Gb DDR Motherboard Asus A XM-A RAM F - C D- GXH OS Windows Pro upgraded from Windows Ultimate PSU Extreme W On the I switched my CPU booted up the PC and all was working Up to when the BSODs started Constant BSOD since 2 days after installing new Hardware I've used Driver Verifier and thought I found the culprit and uninstalled it The logs from the th and th aren't included since I rolled back the Pc to the restore point on the th and kinda forgot to backup them I've ran RAM tests and HDD test to find if there was any corruption in it both came up negative The GPU shouldn't be the issue since I haven't touched it since I built the Pc years ago apart from when I last cleaned the inside of the PC weeks ago Symptoms Random BSODs at totally random times I can use the Pc for hours and it won't crash or I use it for minutes then it could crash after reboot Also it seems the PC get stuck on the BSOD screen and doesn't auto-restart sometimes staying there for minutes before I lose patience and manually restart with the power button It BSOD'd when idled when playing games or even when browsing Internet while I was searching for ways to see how I can fix the PC Or on Facebook It crashed on Chrome Firefox I've just updated my AMD catalyst to a beta release about mins ago I'll keep you posted if the BSODs stopped With respect Morduparlevent Edit Well scratch the minidumps they now are Uploaded the new version of the files And the updated AMD Catalyst didn't fix the issues I'm having

A:Constant BSOD since 2 days after installing new Hardware

Have you touched the RAM when you changed the CPU?

You need to set the RAM as dual channel. Put the RAM sticks in the slots of the same color. Either Black or Yellow.

Different channel number, same DIMM number for dual channel, which, theoretically gives you the real full bandwidth of the RAM.

If the issue persists, do some hardware tests:

► Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

► Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. FurMark - GPU Stress Test Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

► Stress test the CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU It saves the result as a .txt file in the prime95's folder. Upload the file for us.

Let us know the results.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56628-constant-bsod-since-2-days-after-installing-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 49.88%

OS - Windows x What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Purchased from retailer - Windows upgrades BSODs Constant after multiple hardware education edition Age of system Constant BSODs after multiple hardware upgrades hardware CPU CPU cooler Mobo RAM PC case all brand new Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS reinstalled OS few days ago CPU Intel i k Video Card AMD R X MotherBoard - if NOT a laptop ASRock Z Extreme Power Supply - brand amp wattage skip if laptop Not sure of brand - AC V W PSU System Manufacturer Custom-built Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom Laptop or Desktop Custom-built desktop Hi All Been plagued with a numerous amount of BSODs after upgrading the main parts of my system The stop codes have Constant BSODs after multiple hardware upgrades consisted of but not limited to the following Bad pool header irq less or not equal Memory management System error I have run windbg to try and diagnose the cause of the crashes and found a Constant BSODs after multiple hardware upgrades faulty driver that avast used Uninstalled avast and ran special pool on the driver in question just in case and haven't received a bad pool header since but have got every other error code anyway Might be important to note it usually happens while playing games but has happened while using a game editor watching online videos and just normal browsing Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end with this Thank you nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Note Perfmon report is hanging on a full bar and can't get it to complete

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631702/constant-bsods-after-multiple-hardware-upgrades/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I have been using Windows hardware 7 Constant Windows BSoD; Premium issue? 64bit for about a couple months now maybe Anyways recently I have Constant BSoD; hardware issue? Windows 7 Premium 64bit been encountering numerous Constant BSoD; hardware issue? Windows 7 Premium 64bit BSoD messages to the point where I could hardly boot up I have HDs I boot off of C which is TB I have D and E as slave drives and both previously were boot drives with Windows XP Sp now they just are used to store files I actually yesterday re installed Windows on C however i have yet to delete Windows Old folder with my old boot files which were corrupted I have installed Avast on my new HD and also CCleaner I have also used DriverPackSolution to make sure Constant BSoD; hardware issue? Windows 7 Premium 64bit all my drivers were up to date except my chipset I think it might be my RAM because yesterday my monitor would not even recieve a signal until I took out my sticks GB ram and put them back in Also last night it kept BSoD ing before logging in constantly so I shut it off for the night this morning it booted up just fine but I know i ll get a BSoD after a while It seems to happen while I was playing games like WoW or such This is the latest BSoD http sixpop com files bluescreen txt I already tried using the Windows repair and recovery system restore to no avail I do not think this is some virus wrecking havoc on me I am more convinced this is a hardware problem My current set-up Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock K N M Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and EnabledClick to expand Here are two minidump files http sixpop com files - - dmp amp http sixpop com files - - dmp I am not sure if my chipset supports windows It should i think I have yet to run a CHKDSK on this new HD and I tried running the memory diagnostic from Windows and it passed all marks If you need any more information please tell me nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I have been using Windows for about a couple months now maybe Anyways recently I have been encountering numerous BSoD messages to the point where I could hardly boot up I have HDs I boot off of C which is TB I have D and E as slave drives and both previously were issue? Windows 7 64bit Premium Constant BSoD; hardware boot drives with Windows XP Sp now they just are used to store files I actually yesterday re installed Windows on C however i have yet to delete Windows Old folder with my old boot files which were corrupted I have installed Avast on my new HD and also CCleaner I have also used DriverPackSolution to make sure all my drivers were up to date except my 'chipset' I think it might be my RAM because yesterday my monitor would not even Constant BSoD; hardware issue? Windows 7 Premium 64bit recieve a signal until I took out my sticks GB ram and put them back in Also last night it kept BSoD'ing before logging in constantly so I shut it off for the night this morning it booted up just fine but I know i'll get a BSoD after a while It seems to happen while I was playing games like WoW or such This is the latest BSoD http sixpop Constant BSoD; hardware issue? Windows 7 Premium 64bit com files bluescreen txt I already tried using the Windows repair and recovery system restore to no avail I do not think this is some virus wrecking havoc on me I am more convinced this is a hardware problem OS Windows x What was original installed OS on system Windows x Premium Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer retail Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS day yes CPU Video Card - NVedia GeForce GTX MotherBoard - ASRock K N M GHz Power Supply - Rosewill W i think OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count Constant BSoD; hardware issue? Windows 7 Premium 64bit RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock K N M Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Here are two minidump files http sixpop com files - - dmp amp http sixpop com files - - dmp I am not sure if my chipset supports windows It should i think I have yet to run a CHKDSK on this new HD and I tried running the memory diagnostic from Windows and it passed all marks If you need any more information please tell me Also I put the html file inside the zip of the attachment I am about to run the HDD and Mem diagnostics via USB

A:Constant BSoD; hardware issue? Windows 7 Premium 64bit

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diagnostics ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
Hard Drive Diagnostics (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

No Windows Updates since installing SP1. Please get all available Windows Updates (there's 60-70 available AFAIK).

Wireless USB network device: D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.B)
Here's my rant about these devices:

Quote:

I do not recommend using wireless USB devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

DO NOT use this device if you cannot find Win7 drivers for it!!!

This looks very, very similar to another topic under another name in another forum (Windows Answers). I even posted links to the updated chipset drivers for you there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/constant-bsod-hardware-issue-windows-7-premium-64bit-621626.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Up untill today my PC has been working a-ok I first encountered the problem when i was palying a online mmo After a couple of hours playing i entered a world and some graphical corruption occured where green pixels seem to up,graphical Pc corruption locking corruption,audio appear in bands where the lighter colours where After a short while the pc locked up with loads Pc locking up,graphical corruption,audio corruption of green pixels appearing and the last split second of sound caught in a loop Nothing worked mouse keyboard even the lights for numlock scroll lock and capslock did not respond to the keys being pressed it has happened almost every time i tried a game since then I rebooted my pc and it was fine untill i was loging into the pc where more of the same graphical corruption occured when i logged in after a short while the pc froze on my desktop and hr monitor lost signal after a few seconds it came back on an a message appeqred in the corner by the toolbar saying Kernel driver had failed but had been recovered his happened a few times Windows works perfect in safe mode and i updated the graphics card drivers to try and resolve this but it did not work i am posting this off my iPod so pardon the bad spelling will upload a picture or video tomorrow wih more info if needed Runnng on a packard bell iXtreme with a quad core cpu and Nvidia GS grqphics card Hope somebody has a solution thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys not sure if this belongs in this forum but i just got a blue screen with this error up after trying to connect to a wireless network. going through the event viewer i have the following details

Error code 10000050, parameter1 a50773d0, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 ad0931bb, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 35 1000005
0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 61 35 eters a5
0030: 30 37 37 33 64 30 2c 20 0773d0,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00000000
0040: 2c 20 61 64 30 39 33 31 , ad0931
0048: 62 62 2c 20 30 30 30 30 bb, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

if anyone can shed some light on what happened id be grateful

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-fault-192721.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA Registry Fault Many Thanks in advance this is my first time I have had a PC problem MY PC is th mth old Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista x GB RAM The problem started when I was watching a video clip on Windows media player The screen started breaking up on to horizontal coloured lines predomenantly Pink and the PC froze I tried rebooting in safe mode however it wouldn t allow howevere managed to do Start up repair At first I was getting a blue screen Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA however after reboot a number of times including running CHKDSK and startup repair the system eventually let me through to the windows log on screen After logging the sreen you access programms from the screens breaking up again on to horizontal coloured lines I have tried cleaning dust from PAGE / IN FAULT PAGE Registry AREA Ntfs.sys NON Fault inside case and removed and re inserted RAM Tried repeating checks e g start up repair and receive the following - Problem Event Name Start Repair V Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Corrupt Registry Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Rollback Registry Problem Signature OS Version Locate ID Diagnosis amp Repair details Startup Repair diagnosis amp repair log Last successful boot time am GMT Number of Repair Attempts Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of Root causes Tests performed Name check for updates Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name system disk test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk failure diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk metadata test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name target os test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault takes ms Tests performed Name volume content chack Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot manager diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name Event log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name internal state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot status test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name set up state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name registry hives test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Root cause found Repair action Registry roll back Result failed error Code x Time taken ms Finally Not sure if this would have anything to do with it however I downloaded Quicktime to play music clip about a minutes earlier before the problem started happening Also I have family photos on the PC which are not backed up and would like to protect then of possible nbsp

A:Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault

the error means that your PC asked for a page of memory , and the page was not available. when the operation could not continue, it BSOD'd and shut down. Its usually happens as a result of a hardware that is misfiring or failing. The 'Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area' and "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" BSOD's often show up consecutively and alternately. Things to try to correct or identify the problem are to restore your machine to the last know working configuration. if the problem keeps appearing run disk check for errors on your HDD. if that shows nothing, the next most likely suspect is a problem with the Ram. You can download any number of programs that will test your ram for errors. Win 7 has a built in memory test (not sure about the RC though) and you do not have to burn a disc to run it. Hope that helps some.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-non-page-area-registry-fault.149446/
Relevancy 39.13%

If this is the wrong board to post this in my Constant reading memory and constant hard-drive high apologies So about two or three months ago my laptop's motherboard died It was an old asus machine and was years out Constant high memory and constant hard-drive reading of warranty so I decided to simply recycle it and buy another desktop I've always liked them better anyways I bought a Dell Inspiron from Office Depot seemed like a pretty nice deal on the machine that I got In any case it ran smooth and the built in graphics on its i processor allowed me to play quite a few of my games until I could invest in a dedicated GPU Constant high memory and constant hard-drive reading A month ago I bought a new Thermaltake power supply to facilitate eventually getting said GPU and a week or two later grabbed an Nvidia GTX ti for a nice price threw it in and drooled over Constant high memory and constant hard-drive reading how nicely it played my games Two monitors Skyrim at max settings on one screen Netflix streaming House on the other For a couple weeks everything was groovy I was able to play my games typically at least at FPS smooth I was able to multitask I was even able to record plenty of my games at FPS with fraps NO PROBLEM I was thrilled with how quickly windows started up every time The suddenly about a week ago that all changed For some reason my ram usage in task manager is almost always above even with nothing but skype and the task manager running No call going on skype that is just the program open My hard-drive usage is fine at times but most of the time I'm doing ANYTHING at all including opening task manager or playing one of my games it'll jump around between and low but almost always hovers at -ish unless I'm not doing anything Games now stutter in places and sometimes hang and lag and I have no idea why Looking through my task manager nothing is using enough ram to come close to taking up more than of my gigs it just constantly is Fraps can barely record without slowing my game to half a crawl now even typing this post stutters every few minutes I've run checks with windows defender system came up clean and I shut the computer down every night I have no idea why all of the sudden as if a switch was flipped the machine now is not running any near as clean and lightning fast as it used to I'm at a loss and I have no idea what the problem could be or how to remedy it So I'm crying out for help Of course here are my computer's specs Dell Inspiron Desktop Intel Core i - CPU GHz Quad core I believe gb RAM Windows x bit Nvidia GTX ti w gb VRAM w Thermaltake PSU tb HDD Not solid state unsure of the brand manufacturer Other notes Some of the highest memory hogs in Task Manager are the Antimalware Service Executable I guess has to do with Windows Defender And Service Host Local System Network Restricted Unsure what that even is I'm entirely new to anything newer than Windows XP old laptop had but was a hand-me-down I only had that for maybe seven months previous owner had it maybe five years Edit Forgot to mention I'm willing to provide whatever logs reports dxdiag anything to help diagnose the problem

A:Constant high memory and constant hard-drive reading

Go to the Performance tab in Task Manager and click on Resource Monitor.
See what image names are taking up the most in each column (you can click on the column header in order to sort that column).

Also, please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580038/constant-high-memory-and-constant-hard-drive-reading/
Relevancy 38.27%

A couple of weeks VERY pop-ups slowly constant runs & has comp constant ago my comp started running very slowly pop ups started appearing It is very slow to boot and some times CPU usage is nearly I bought SPYWARE DOCTOR and even though it found and removed several spyware files the problem still exists Thanks for your help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS comp runs VERY slowly & has constant constant pop-ups system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec comp runs VERY slowly & has constant constant pop-ups Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system comp runs VERY slowly & has constant constant pop-ups hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Norton Password Manager AcctMgr exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet series Bin hpogrp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system hpoipm exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C WINDOWS system verclsid exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Terry LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www aapilots com public flash login asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NAV Helper -... Read more

A:comp runs VERY slowly & has constant constant pop-ups

Hello and Welcome. Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order.

Please download & run VundoFix.exePut a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
Click OK when you will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less.
When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan button followed by the Remove button
** Your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo. **
Restart your computer & post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt at the end of this fix

* * * * * * ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Download & install - CleanUp.exe (not recommended for WinXP64)

* * * * * * FIXING ENTRIES WITH HIJACKTHIS * * * * * * * * * *

Do a HijackThis scan & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

* * * * * * PURGING TEMP FOLDERS * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Run Cleanup! using the following configuration:

1. Click Options...
2. Set the slider initially to Standard CleanUp!
3. Uncheck the following:Delete Newsgroup cache
Delete Newsgroup Subscriptions
Scan local drives for temporary files
4. Click OK
5. Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.
6. Do NOT reboot/logoff if prompted.

* CleanUp! does not create any backups!!

Establish an internet connection & perform an online scan with Internet Explorer at Kaspersky Online Scanner

Answer Yes, when prompted to install an ActiveX component. The program will then begin downloading the latest definition files.
Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
Locate the Scan Settings button & configure to: Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:Extended

Scan Options:Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases
Click OK & have it scan My Computer
Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
Click the Save as Text button to save the file to your desktop so that you may post it in your next reply
* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

* * * * * * CHECK LIST * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In your next post, please include fresh logs from: HiJackThis
VundoFix's log
Online scan
Please provide details of any problems you encountered whilst performing the above steps & update us on how the computer behaves now

Do this after you have posted the above logs...

Updating Java and Clearing CacheGo to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Java Icon (coffee cup) in the Control Panel.
It will say "Java Plug-in" under the icon.
If it is not visible, click on 'Switch to Classic View' in the left pane of the Control Panel or 'Other Control Panel Options'
Please find the Update button or tab in the Java Control Panel. Update your Java then reboot.
If you are unable to update you can manually update by going here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

After the reboot, go back into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon.
Und... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/comp-runs-very-slowly-and-has-constant-constant-pop-ups-97147.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Alright so the situation has gotten worse a few weeks BSOD's constant Crashing, Constant back I made a thread and someone advised me to remove Constant Crashing, constant BSOD's Daemon Alcohol and then remove the leftovers using a specific tool and it seemed to be fine for a while but now my Constant Crashing, constant BSOD's computer is starting to crash full force I was just playing Blacklight Tango Down a few minutes ago and the computer completely froze it looked like it was trying to Blue Screen but it didn't so I had to manually shut it off I sometimes have sound problems in games where it looks like the computer is about to Blue Screen but doesn't Most notably in Portal during the Spanish statement GLaDOS makes The biggest problem is that it keeps BSODing and I don't know why I'm not sure if this file contains any dump files because CCleaner seems to clean them out even though I disabled that option Regardless I need some help here it happens at least once or twice a day and I'm starting to lose my mind My Windows is an x Professional version from an OEM disk we bought Because we didn't need a normal version The Hardware is only a few months old either November or December of last year and the OS installation is the same one from when I built this rig back in

A:Constant Crashing, constant BSOD's

No dumps were collected by the jcgriff2 tool, dumps may have been deleted. Did you run any system cleaners(such as Ccleaner) after the crash?
If so wait for the computer to crash and re-upload the file

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161316-constant-crashing-constant-bsods.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys,
2 days ago I began getting these constan Zone Alarm alerts about every program on my computer, eg: (programname) is trying to communicate with C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe by opening a thread. If i click allow or deny (iv tried both) the alerts continue to appear continously, even when i press remember my selection.
ever since these alerts began to appear my computer has been amazingly slow, crashes trying to open a webpage or even iTunes, and has problems opening task manager (it took 45 mins before).
Also, the computer seems to be shutting programs down on its own, and yesterday closed all programs and shut down the computer.
I don't know what to do, i have run avg and it can only find tracking cookies and nothing else.
Im running windows XP
Any help would be appreciated
[edit] - a hijackthis log is available if needed

A:Constant odd ZA alerts and constant crashing

please guys some help would be awesome, the problem seems to be getting worse. I now have a command prompt opening and entering some gibberish into itself very quickly and then closing, also zonealarm is going crazy. AVG found a trojan threat and it healed it, i scanned again and there was more tracking cookies, nothing else.

buffalo_bill

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279937/constant-odd-za-alerts-and-constant-crashing/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys,2 days ago I began getting these constan Zone Alarm alerts about every program on my computer, eg: (programname) is trying to communicate with C:\WINDOWS\System32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe by opening a thread. If i click allow or deny (iv tried both) the alerts continue to appear continously, even when i press remember my selection.ever since these alerts began to appear my computer has been amazingly slow, crashes trying to open a webpage or even iTunes, and has problems opening task manager (it took 45 mins before).Also, the computer seems to be shutting programs down on its own, and yesterday closed all programs and shut down the computer.I don't know what to do, i have run avg and it can only find tracking cookies and nothing else.Any help would be appreciated [edit] - a hijackthis log is available if needed Duplicate deleted. ~ OB

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279927/constant-odd-za-alerts-and-constant-crashing/
Relevancy 35.69%

A slight problem I have had for a while now which has recently become more frequent and problematic:

The Windows XP Hardware Insert and Hardware Remove sound effects keep playing, one after the other, at varying speeds and regular intervals, when there is no hardware being inserted or removed!

Furthermore, when this happens it affects the computer adversely, causing it to hang momentarily while the 2 sounds play. This is a particular pain when recording video, as it leaves moments of frozen frames on the file.

It used to occur quite rarely, but at the moment it is very frequent and is driving me up the wall!

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-hardware-remove-hardware-insert-sounds-causing-major-problems.462910/
Relevancy 35.69%

A slight problem I have had for a while now which has recently become more frequent and problematic:

The Windows XP Hardware Insert and Hardware Remove sound effects keep playing, one after the other, at varying speeds and regular intervals, when there is no hardware being inserted or removed!

Furthermore, when this happens it affects the computer adversely, causing it to hang momentarily while the 2 sounds play. This is a particular pain when recording video, as it leaves moments of frozen frames on the file.

It used to occur quite rarely, but at the moment it is very frequent and is driving me up the wall!

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

A:Random Hardware Remove/Hardware Insert sounds causing major problems

Hello Duke1401.
Could you please give details of any USB Devices you may have inserted?

Thanks,
Jordan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-hardware-remove-hardware-insert-sounds-causing-major-problems-98688.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I m having some real issues with my Dell XPS and I m desperately seeking help I m running WinXP Pro and this Check - Call Solved: Vendor Parity HELP? Support Hardware - for Hardware Malfunction your pc is only about months old It has the original factory installed ram gig a gig hard drive and the processor is an Intel ViiV I Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check have been getting a blue error screen with Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check Vendor for Support - Parity Check Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check Memory Parity Error - System was halted that lasted for a few hours I had to hold the power button in for several seconds each time to shut it down I ran both the Microsoft Windows Memory Diagnostic tests as well as the Memtest each several times The results were always quot no memory errors quot I attempted a few times unsucessfully using the F key to reach the Acronis recovery partition I booted using my XP disk but was unable to re-install Windows would begin to load and then the blue screen with the same error message would occur Finally I was able to access the Acronis recovery manager and restore my pc but on reboot it began to run ChkDsk Now it keeps rebooting and running a new disk check over and over and over I have tried to cancel the ChkDsk using the keyboard but it keeps running I m at a loss as to what else if anything I can do besides ripping my hair out by the roots nbsp

A:Solved: HELP? Hardware Malfunction - Call your Hardware Vendor for Support - Parity Check

UPDATE: I was waiting for the Dell hardware diagnostics test results to finish. It took several hours and basically the same result as the memory tests. No hardware failure, I'm thinking motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-hardware-malfunction-call-your-hardware-vendor-for-support-parity-check.653094/
Relevancy 35.26%

Got an HP Envy CTO loaded at the time Quad core Radeon HD M etc Well the other day the thing blue screened but froze Which ... hardware malfunction preventing boot. System hardware during that process and the graphics glitches during that screen Corruption and blocks appeared and System hardware malfunction preventing boot. Which hardware ... disappeared I was forced to shut it down during the blue screen as something big wasn't working during the crash dump process it stood at Upon restart the unit screen doesn't turn on and no noises are made like beeps indicating an issue The Bluray makes its usual prep sounds it does at every start up It sits with a blank screen that doesn't even appear to be powered on The only other indicator is the caps lock key flashes a few times and goes off then flashes a few times and goes off repeating this sitting there What part likely died on this sucker CPU Dram Motherboard Graphics card How can I trouble shoot it if it doesn't power on While it sits there various LEDs on the keyboard are on as said Caps lock flashing Power LED on I think the wireless LED is on too The HP envy light on the hood is also on nbsp Coming here for tips because I do self repair No warranty I will purchase the required part and self install like I always do for my laptops

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/System-hardware-malfunction-preventing-boot-Which-hardware/td-p/5702270
Relevancy 35.26%

Dear sir, I wanted to know if my NIC has HW support for PTPv2 protocol(IEEE 1588) and hardware time stamping . I also wanted more details on the network interface that i haveThank You in advance for any help 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Network-Interface-Card-has-the-hardware-support-for-Hardware/td-p/5742375
Relevancy 34.4%

Let me put this way I have a medium-ranged machine that can support pretty much all bad Cause hardware acting Good Unknown like hardware. major applications and games out there With the exception of those high-end games that have recently released However for some unknown reason there have been games in wich i have had a few issues Here s what s constantly happening - Whenever i look at more graphically detailed areas in certain games the entire response time slows down The game runs slow basically And of course if i move my mouse to areas that are not as detailed it all responds flawlessly Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause during those few seconds - And now for the strangest part Whenever i m in servers with alot of people the issues mentioned above tend to happen very frequently and of course when i m in Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause servers with - people or so Good hardware acting like bad hardware. Unknown Cause the issues mentioned above never happen I have no idea why this has been happening I Cleaned my computer properly I do virus checks every now and then I have recently de-fraged my Hard Drive I Clean up cookies temporary files etc Here s what i think It most certainly isn t the graphics card s problem as even when i put my settings in games all on the lowest ones possible this includes resolution I still have the issues mentioned above But that s just a guess I m not sure what could be doing this CPU maybe The fact that my Computer s drive is nearly at it s maxed capacity I tend to install alot of things could a nearly filled hard-drive be causing this Internet Connection I m running out of answers Would a complete Hard-Drive Format help Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everybody :

I've been looking at some hardware for my computer...as spare parts. I need some advice. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard, that uses an Intel Core i3 processor LGA 1155 , Corsair 2Gb (takes two chips) DDR3 PC10600 1333Mhz. I purchased all this around the same time.....July 2013. The computer is still functioning okay (a few "bumps" here and there). Usually, under, at least, fair conditions, how long SHOULD the memory last? Before it goes bad ? And the same question for the processor ? I'd like to be able to get some spare parts, just in case. In a last case scenario, I would probably have to do it all over again.......the MOBO, Processor and memory.
garystan

A:Computer Hardware [moved to Hardware>Building]

RAM and Processors don't wear out or fail due to time. RAM can fail for many reasons but if it is currently functioning there's no reason it won't continue to run forever. Things that could kill ram are failing power supply, voltage issues on the motherboard, power surges, static charges, etc. Processors are even more resilient. If the processor is run withing specified parameters it will run forever.

It's much more likely for a hard drive to fail. Motherboards can fail for many of the same reasons that RAM can fail. In all my time building and using computers, I've never had RAM fail or a CPU fail but I have had motherboards or components of the board fail and certainly hard drives have failed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f255/computer-hardware-1070970.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a Dell dimension with Windows XP service pack Now at boot-up I get Hardware Hardware Wizard Setup Wants To Unknown a hardware wiazard attempting to install drivers for unknown hardware I lauch the Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware wizard and it finds Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware nothing I insert my Canon cd with drivers and it still finds nothing Under Printers my printer is on lpt online and the default printer Under device manager it shows unknown devices in yellow with yellow marks I have disabled and deleted these and they comeback each time the hardware wizard runs The com and ecp printer devices all show that they are working properly I have deleted and attempted to reinstall software drivers The installation process halts when the system attempts to ping the printer and determines that there is no connection between the desktop and the printer I have rebooted the system and printer I have checked the cable I have tried using all of the usb ports on the pc I have swapped the cable out and tried a new cable Bottom line Windows says that the com and lpt ports are working I have checked connections Is my controller card shot and windows doesn t realize that its dead Or is there a registry issue since I had this spyware trojan virus Any ideas I have the answer for getting rid of the spy crusher virus if you are infected with the spycrusher Virus malware The same hardware wizard routine kicks off for the hardware wizard whether or not the printers are connected or not I have stopped and restarted the spooler as well I m Stuck on a treadmill just lkie the TV commercial Babyboomer

A:Hardware Wizard Wants To Setup Unknown Hardware

You might want to look at the Device Manager to see what type of device it is listed under. To access this follow these instructions:

Right Click MY COMPUTER
Select PROPERTIES
Click HARDWARE tab
Select DEVICE MANAGER
See what the Device Manager recognizes the device as.
Go to Dell.com and seach up the drivers for your computer.
If nothing else works, try installing all the drivers, Windows will tell you if the driver will work or not. Good luck and post results plz.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97017/hardware-wizard-wants-to-setup-unknown-hardware/
Relevancy 34.4%

All:

When I reboot my laptop, I get a message that new hardware has been found, however, I do not have anything attached to the laptop. How can I get rid of those anoying messages?
Thanks!!!

Relevancy 33.54%

Hi Re Dell XPS gb ram gb hd Intel Pentium A mz chip running XP Pro SP I am having a series of problem that may or may not be related and would appreciate any help on these you can give First The computer will not respond to keyboard commands in the boot source Corruption Somewhere menu But the keyboard works fine once windows is running I tried a USB board and the standard keyboard port got the same result with both Second the update download notification shield microsoft puts Corruption Somewhere in on the task bar while downloading never gets beyond Auto update is turned on and my fire wall sygate has never gotten in the Corruption Somewhere way before Third the internet connection service that can be turned on or off in the Services window is not there neither is there a network icon in the Network Connections window But my satellite connection to hughes net is running fine and my Belkin router is sending strong signals to my router Fourth System Restore will not restore to a prior configuration whether it is one saved minutes before or ten days earlier Joe nbsp

A:Corruption Somewhere

for starters ..backup everything you can't live without to CDs or DVDs...then scan with your anti virus and any spyware tools you have..post list of what you are using and what they find...have you installed any hardware or software recently.. what were you doing when you first noticed something was wrong...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corruption-somewhere.469311/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey guys i need a bit of help. I started having problems the other day I was trying to watch a video and it kepp saying I needed to install Flash Player. This was strange since I always had Flash installed. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall, yet I kept getting same message. I decieded to check my windows version as a friend to me to make sure I was running the correct flash for my version of Windows. Upon checking it shows I am running Windows 9. This is impossible as I bought the computer a month or so ago and it only had windows 7 on it.......Need help, Thanks

A:IE 7 Corruption

This may give us a bit more information for us to look at >> Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.Can you also mention the site that you got the message from, as this will help very much -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474561/ie-7-corruption/
Relevancy 33.54%

I ran sfc /scannow and have have corruption Only completed 44%

I ran sfcfix - fixed a few but still have corruption - sfc /scannow comlete at 100 %

Output of sfcfix.txt is as follows:

SFCFix version 2.3.0.0 by niemiro.
Start time: 2014-08-16 15:59:47.006
Not using a script file.

AutoAnalysis::
CORRUPT: C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-shell-sounds_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_16e8d25616dd2c98\Windows Critical Stop.wav
CORRUPT: C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-wmpnss-service_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_058e35be2cd5ba79\wmpnss_color48.png

SUMMARY: Some corruptions could not be fixed automatically. Seek advice from helper or sysnative.com.
CBS & SFC total detected corruption count: 21
CBS & SFC total unimportant corruption count: 0
CBS & SFC total fixed corruption count: 0
SURT total detected corruption count: 0
SURT total unimportant corruption count: 0
SURT total fixed corruption count: 0
AutoAnalysis:: directive completed successfully.

Successfully processed all directives.
SFCFix version 2.3.0.0 by niemiro has completed.
Currently storing 4 datablocks.
Finish time: 2014-08-16 16:01:09.515
Script hash:
----------------------EOF-----------------------

Please help

A:sfc corruption - please help

Hello wildfire2004 and Welcome to the Forum

See here a tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/341793-sfc-corruption-please-help.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Has anyone been having trouble with Vista Home Basic corrupting DVD discs after they have been wrote to? I have a disc that I saved some pictures to that Vista all of a sudden claimed it was a blank disc and wanted to know what I wanted to do with the disc. I took it to work in a panic thinking it had erased all my photos but my computer at work , XP Professional, showed them all. Any known gliches?

A:DVD Corruption

I get this 2 out of 5 times I burn anything. If I burn something at another time with the "live-file" system, it's a 4 out of 5 chance of "losing" all it's data.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvd-corruption-224976.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I don't think this is a hijacker corruption O/S problem but i read O/S corruption in the forums that you guys really know how to read these to help determine all kinds of problems windows xp sp is so screwy that i can't run a lot of apps others run perfectly windows media player reports corruption or non-compatible file extensions in about half of my mp files all of which have been perfect up until recently Other failing apps include personal firewall plus-asks for disk to access functions menu virusscan -part of active shield not installed encarta will go through opening screen and then close the list goes on I can't think of any significant changes that I have made to prompt this type of behavior can you tell anything from this Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet O/S corruption Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA Keyboard Ikeymain exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeC PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exeC Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exeC Hijack This HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot home netscape com quot C Documents and Settings Justin Application Data Mozilla Profiles default ukv yj slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Justin Application Data Mozilla Profiles default ukv yj slt prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run Ptipbmf rundll exe ptipbmf dll SetWriteCacheModeO - HKLM Run iKeyWorks C PROGRA Keyboard Ikeymain exeO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeO - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exeO - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exeO - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run TELUS D Install TELUS exeO - HKLM Run TELUS E Install TELUS exeO - HKLM Run MediaFace Integration C Program Files Fellowes MediaFACE SetHook exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item amp Search - http bar mywebsearch com menusearch html p ZNO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS sys... Read more

A:O/S corruption

hiyou seem to be running an old version of hijackthis, please download the current version from herescan with it and post the new log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/7647/os-corruption/
Relevancy 33.54%

So heres the rap i have used the same install of windows XP for around - years without a format ive updated all pc components in that time but kept corruption HDD the same install of course i used all the relative driver cleaners before hand to reduce any clashes I always kept the system clean and virus spyware free never missed a beat until A few days ago i left my computer on all day whilst at work only to come home to HDD corruption a moniter screen which displayed no signal detected so decided to reset it then windows loading screen came on and near the end of the loading phase BSOD i decided to HDD corruption boot in every other mode all followed with BSOD i have never come across this before in my experience I am very desperate to recover a few files within my documents including uni work and photos amounst other things lt gb in total id say to rule out hardware failure i tried booting it with another computer but BSOD still follows it must be a software issue or perhaps the hard drive it self i also threw the HDD in an external hard drive box and tried to load it as a mass storage device it does show up however i cant access it because it says it needs to be formatted also windows displays the drive as empty instead of partially full which it should be any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated im sure this comes up alot but it does teach a valuable lesson to back up thanks kim nbsp

A:HDD corruption

Hello Kimbo
I would suggest that you d/l the tools from the website of the company that made your drive.
Most major drive manufacturers offer such tools.
Some are great... and highly recommended.
Not all are fully compatible with hardware from other makers.
SeaTools may be useful across makers, but I cannot say that it may be used with all.
That is why I suggest going to the maker of your drive.
(When I changed drives, I found that the WD utility was better for my new WD drive, and the Toshiba utility better for the old drive).
Again, YMMV.

Run both S.M.A.R.T. and Long tests, especially the Long.
This will let you know if the drive is bad, and (hopefully) whether anything can be recovered.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-corruption.129651/
Relevancy 33.54%

A very good friend of mine has a problem picking up her emails Corruption from BT Yahoo When she logs onto the BT Yahoo site and inserts her name and pswd a large file of rubbish tries to download to her PC If she uses someone elses PC all is fine Ran Virus check spyware check and checked BHO's I've attached the HijackThis log just in case Anyone help Corruption this young lady Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgupsvc exeC Program Corruption Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC WINDOWS system mgabg exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exeC WINDOWS system carpserv exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE opware exeC PROGRA ntl BROADB SMARTB MotiveSB exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC PROGRA COMMON PCSuite DATALA DATALA EXEC PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP TRAYAP EXEC PROGRA COMMON PCSuite Services SERVIC EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files CConnect CConnect exec progra intern iexplore exeC Program Files ntl broadband medic bin mpbtn exeC WINDOWS system LVComS exeC Program Files Logitech Video LowLight exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www ggqfqjknamqyctxrimogcghid com JTMZ SqlMc htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ntlworld com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www meshcomputers comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd ie ar iesearchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www microsoft com isapi redir dll p B PVER ar homeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www meshcomputers com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Tiscali Internet AccessR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run IntelliType quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe quot O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exeO - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video Logi... Read more

A:Corruption

Print out these instructions and then close all windows including Internet Explorer.Then I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:How to see hidden files in WindowsRun Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these. Then click the Fix button:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.ggqfqjknamqyctxrimogcghid.com/_...JTMZ0SqlMc.htmlO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCDRealtime] C:\WINDOWS\realtime.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DASH PROC] C:\DOCUME~1\Jackie\APPLIC~1\ERROR TYPE\Inter Ping Intra.exeO16 - DPF: {1C955F3B-5B32-4393-A05D-24B4970CD2A1} - http://streamp.babenet.com/cabs/videox.cabReboot your computer into Safe ModeThen delete these files or directories (Do not be concerned if they do not exist)C:\WINDOWS\realtime.exeC:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\Jackie\APPLICATION DATA\ERROR TYPE\Reboot your computer to go back to normal mode and post a new log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15864/corruption/
Relevancy 33.54%

I all of a sudden started getting messages about my DRM being corrupt when trying to use Rhapsody music subscription software The software directed me to a microsoft web siite to upgrade windows components see below I then tried upgrading the Windows components from Microsoft web site but the upgrade button is grayed out - don t know if this means no update available or means invalid windows Working corruption? DRM with their support I was finally told my windows valid license key is corrupt as in illegal copy - Not They washed their hands of me and said I had to contact Dell because they installed the OS I do not really think it is a license key issue but I am still trying to resolve the DRM problem Windows Media DRM Corrupt Rhapsody DRM corruption? message Phapsody has detected a problem with some of windows media DRM components on your computer You will not be able to transfer or play any Rhapsody tracks until the problem is solved Click OK to attempt to fix this problem Click Yes will close Rhapsody and any other application that uses windows media DRM Your current windows media licences will be removed You will be redirected to a web page to help you restore windows media DRM compnents www drmlicense one microsoft com indivsite en indivit asp This web page displays Windows Media Technologies Security component upgrade Upgrade security components of your digital media player so you can play protected files on your computer upgrade button is grayed out I have Windows Home Media ver Windows XP SP on Dell Demension WMP Have reloaded WMP several times The security update automatically downloads and tries to run but always fails Ran this and passed http www microsoft com genuine diag I get errors when trying to backup restore my licenses nothing there and no backups were done Never had an DRM issue before Went back and my computer automatically down loaded Windows Media Player security update but it failed I went and downloaded Windows Media from Microsoft and tried to install that again but was told it could not install try again Went back to Rhapsody software and it again told me I do not have DRM rights It took me to a screen from Microsoft to upgrade DRM components but the Upgrade button is grayed out Seems I am back at square one I think I need to resolve the DRM issue Can not play any protected media I need to somehow clear DRM information out and start over again I guess I ve been to web sites that explain to rename c documents and setting all user drm folder and the DRM folder will be renewed The folder I have now has no files in it at all and renaming changed nothing Not sure how to know what state my DRM issue is in what I should have on my system So I need to know how to completely reset this unless I am just missing some files nbsp

A:DRM corruption?

I'm having the same problem with no light at the end of the tunnel. )=
I'll let you know as soon as I get it fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drm-corruption.615549/
Relevancy 33.54%

dell access direct on my computer says it is corrupt, how do unintall and reinstall? I cannot find a trace of this anywhere

A:corruption

Have a look here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090126194736AAKqjRp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corruption.850414/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am a mac user and I own a site that has downloads available for purchase. They are zip files with psd's in them. I have two windows 7 clients who can download the entire file and unzip it and everything show up except the psd files.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to why this is happening.

Thanks!

A:zip corruption

Welcome Paigeypar to the windows 7 forums.

There is the possibility that the .psd files that you created are not compatible with the intel version of photoshop.
or, your zip program is only zipping up the fork files and not the data files. Not being a mac person, I do remember from my mac days that the mac uses two files to make a pair, one being the resource fork and one being the data fork. Most pc's ignore the resource fork and only use the data fork.

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156117-zip-corruption.html
Relevancy 33.54%

fresh install of OS Windows Vista installed on GB HD what MFT corruption, do now? to and one of my GB hard drives has crashed what happened is that while i was MFT corruption, what to do now? downloading a file though firefox firefox froze and could not be shut down by task manager and by right clicking - close and various other ways of trying to shut down the program so i reset the computer thought the start menu now after a full re-install of the OS vista ultimate i have no MFT corruption, what to do now? access to the hard drive that has very super ulta important information i ve had a bad experience with data recovery programs that i still lost everything anyways so i m wondering if there is a way to rebuild the MFT with a free program so then i can access the hard drive in a whole just like it was before the MFT got corrupt the only things that were installed in the new OS were firefox avast and the raid drivers that the crashed GB drive is NOT connected to nbsp

A:MFT corruption, what to do now?

Will this help?
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Advanced_NTFS_Boot_and_MFT_Repair

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mft-corruption-what-to-do-now.134802/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hiya First post ever Straight to the point I have an Acer travelmate and all of a sudden on startup in windows or even when running the recovery Console or in Safe Mode the system will blank out e g the screen will just go blank and the HDD light will completely disappear the light that shows HDD activity Everything else is on including all the power and the motherboard Fans I ve taken the drive out anyone had before Corruption? HDD Has this and ran a scandisk and repair on it and it says that it fixed some bad sectors about k but I put it back into the laptop and i still get the problem i did get blusscreen once and it had the following information Page Not found In Non paged Area It then went on about Win k sys and then BF E At BF Datestamp F F if anyone has had this problem or know the answer that would be great It s been driving me nuts all day nbsp

A:HDD Corruption? Has anyone had this before

WELCOME TO THE FORUM
Yup Ur Screged ( I Know Its Spelled Wrong) Once A Hard Drive Goes Bad Its Very Very Hard To Fix It (unless It Has Raid Installed On It) I've Had Several Hard Drives Go Bad On Me. Hard Drives Usually Have An Expected Life Time Before Going Kurplunck But Most Likely You Got A Backdoor Trojan That Completely Wiped Out Your System Files. Good Luck With That Buddy But I Think Your Gonna Need A New Hdd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-corruption-has-anyone-had-this-before.582712/
Relevancy 33.54%

Working on Dell B DE Celeron D Almost MB Ram WinXPSP GB HDD DVD CDRW - drive User complained about Computer slowdowns and crashes when left alone I turned off startup programs and power options to always on with no screensaver They said they were using malwarebytes antimalware so I did a quickscan to reporduce the results of the crash to get more info hr min later the scan was in the Huiristics portion of the scan The user then used the bathroom and turned on corruption OS possible the heater turning on the waterpump and hitting the main breaker killing power to the computer Now sec into windows booting quot normally quot it BSOD with Disable or uninstall any anti-virus disc defragmentation or backup x Safemode does the same thing I dont have a cable onhand attach their HDD to my laptop and run CHKDSK So I try a boot from a windows install disc intending to repair Either the disc was scratched or the drive would not work on the CDR but my drive at home plays it fine Im thinking of going to install from USB or get a cable to CHKDSK from my laptop Im starting to think Im over my head and am taking too long to finish possible OS corruption Any help is appreciated

A:possible OS corruption

You are headed in the right direction
0x24 indictes the NTFS file system and chkdsk /r should help.

I dont suppose that you can get to a command prompt?

As long as the bios is set to boot from the cd
I would try a few more times.
I have seen it take 6-7 tries before it will "hook up"

If the computer supports booting from a usb device that would be good.
If not you may need to hook it to your laptop to run chkdsk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possible-os-corruption-449381.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I m just looking for a second quot fresh pair of eyes quot to comment or suggest a fix for a dilemma I m having with my WIN XP Win Corruption? Xp PRO system I m working with a mS MVP on another board but it s going stale and I d thought I toss this over here and see if anybody has a suggestion Approximately weeks ago when i started Internet Explorer this error message came up In the above example substitute sys restore help center Win Xp Corruption? sys info management console etc To cut to the chase as I tried to solve this error it turns out several of the windows components return this error also even in safe mode thus ruling out using system restore sys restore is dead sys info Win Xp Corruption? is dead mmc helpctr etc However the computer works with my Corel Draw program the internet works with mozilla or Firefox Things I ve done is uninstalled add ons in Internet Explorer dumped adobe corel draw ran hijackthis and run virus scans Here s a funny thing Windows hot fix and security updates come on down the line and install no problem But when you Win Xp Corruption? try to run sys restore you get that quot has encountered a prob and needs to close quot And of course Dr Watson has the same prob If there is an expert who wants to see the total history here s the link http aumha net viewtopic php t Nothing against Walter just thought I d ask if there is a fresh pair of eyes who might have a different opinion thanks all

A:Win Xp Corruption?

Wow! They've done a whole pile more than I could! Since the mshtml error seems to be common with all events - I'd suggest reinstalling SP2 to "repair" IE6. Also be sure to get all the Windows Updates.If that doesn't succeed, then I'd go with a repair install of XP (it'll save your data and programs): http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htmFWIW - here's a link to TrendMicro's online scanner that supports Firefox: http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/h...call_launch.php

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79350/win-xp-corruption/
Relevancy 33.54%

Friends,
All my applications have been converted to adobe reader documents.
Whenever i try to open google chrome adobe reader gets opened.
Same thing happens with all other apps except windows explorer.
Icons of all applications have got changed to adobe reader's icon

A:Corruption

Restore your file type associations to the default setting ...

Default File Type Associations - Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/168351-corruption.html
Relevancy 33.54%

so where to start well first of all i need to with 7 win / corruption 10 help win know how to repair a corrupted version of windows I have two help with win 7 corruption / win 10 hard drives atm one with windows working and one with the corrupted version on it The main issue here is when my friend was fixing my computer he didnt format the hard drive with win on it properly and i now have about mb's if im lucky on that hard drive So id like to know how do i go about fixing the other hard drive with the corrupted windows on it and no i cant reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows on it since he lost the disk briefly after doing so and it may not have been all that legal In the end of it all id like to get windows how i figured about doing this was to get my old hard drive working with win on it boot up using that then install win on it since it would have enough space to get the files which my current one cant If anyone else knows a better help with win 7 corruption / win 10 way of eventually getting windows as my os without all this trouble that would amazing i just want a hd with space on it uhh i dont know what other information to give i'm fairly certain its the windows files that are corrupted since i can still run my old games from it and not the hard drive tl dr win corrupted got new hd with win didnt format help with win 7 corruption / win 10 correctly want win but not enough hd space help get meh win somehow by fixing corrupted hd or black magic ill be out for the next two hours kinda bad time to post this but oh well

A:help with win 7 corruption / win 10

Format the drive, and PURCHASE a legal copy of Win7.
We cannot give assistance if the validity is in doubt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-win-7-corruption-win-10-a-1024890.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a corrupted OE using version 6 IE, on an XP Home version machine. Both PC World and Microsoft said that I have to reinstall or download IE version 6 since OE is bundled with it. When I do that, I am told that I already have version 6, and it won't download, therefore correcting whatever is wrong with OE. My XP came preinstalled on my machine, so I have no specific XP disk to fix the problem. All I have is the standard restoration disk which restores the whole HD to the stone age. How do I fix the corruption in OE?

A:OE corruption

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk51

I have a corrupted OE using version 6 IE, on an XP Home version machine. Both PC World and Microsoft said that I have to reinstall or download IE version 6 since OE is bundled with it. When I do that, I am told that I already have version 6, and it won't download, therefore correcting whatever is wrong with OE. My XP came preinstalled on my machine, so I have no specific XP disk to fix the problem. All I have is the standard restoration disk which restores the whole HD to the stone age. How do I fix the corruption in OE?

Try this website out it's the best I could find maybe someone else has a better method http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_r...e_and_oe_6.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/oe-corruption-36248.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am new to this forum and have a new computer and a new W7 pro 64bit
When I initially turn on computer the screen displays an illustrated information title of the gigabyte mother board,, then goes to a black screen with white lettering that flashes on briefly and appears to list the components of the system.
Why I believe there could be some corruption is that a flight sim game Rise of Flight is refusing to load. When i go to the start it tells me -"connection to master server was temporaily lost. check internet connections" All other sites are working.This change in Windows display occurred about the same time access to the game was denied which is why I I feel some problem has arisen within W7

A:possible corruption of W7?

Do you initially see something like this:

Then (or now) something like this:

?

The 1st is Gigabytes Splash screen. The 2nd is the BIOS screen. Usually, if you disable the splash screen, you will see the BIOS loading screen (which I prefer).

For me it was either/or, are you saying you now see one, and then the other? I won't be able to test it, but it's possible the BIOS is taking longer to load now and so the splash screen ends before the BIOS screen (which loads "behind " it) is finished. Does the boot take longer now? Perhaps the BIOS is hanging while your PC searched for a device? You could have a device (HDD, Optical drive) issue.

If not, this may just be a coincidence and you just need to troubleshoot your game issue. I don't think the OS itself is "corrupted". Have a look here and see if you don't find some help:

Rise Of Flight Blog

You may find your answer or an update to correct this. Looks like you must have a connection to server to play.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/90666-possible-corruption-w7.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm having massive corruption issues running windows 7 ult 64. It regularly fails to boot and gives random bsod messages (Memory Managment, dll errors etc.).
I recently RMA'd the HD after it showed errors on the HD diagnostic utility (even after a complete wipe ) I also RMA'd the motherboard but it didn't change anything. At this point I have my eye on the wireless card (Rosewill RNX-G300EX PCI card). My thought is that (either through driver or hw fault) its causing some corruption in downloaded files, namely system updates. I also regularly get errors trying to open zip and executable files.

A:Win 7 os corruption

Please provide this information:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win-7-os-corruption-500608.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Here is an interesting problem for you all;
When I attach my DOK to the USB ports on my computer I get an error nessage that there is an increase in electrical flow followed by a message that the newly attached is not working properly. Tried detaching the DOK and retrying, tried it from all USB ports, tried removing alll the USB drivers from the device manager and have tried reboot - none of them work.

Any suggestions?

A:USB corruption

Try the device on another computer to see if it's the computer configuration or the device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-corruption.522691/
Relevancy 33.54%

My WMP11 has some how become corrupt or something. I havent even gotten a chance to use it since i reinstalled windows.

basically whats going on is the color has been some how changed to red and i cant reset it back to the original black using the color chooser. one of the sliders is not showing up and when i click reset it doesnt do anything. I have reinstalled WPM at least four times but it just keeps doing this. What is going on?

Windows XP Pro. SP3
AMD Sempron 3000+
1 Gig. RAM
80 Gig. HD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-11-on-xp-corruption-help.982861/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everybody,

My partner has been happily using her computer for the last four years without problems.
However, recently the system seems to have suddenly got corrupted.
When the login box appears, the password box suddenly fills itself up with characters preventing login. When we delete the characters, they simply re-appear.

With some difficultly we can sometimes logon but get simliar problems with other dialogue boxes - for example: Clicking start makes the "run" box appear, which again fills itself up with characters.
We have not put any new programmes on the computer for several months and we have the AVG free virus protection programme installed.

The O/S is Windows XP home edition with latest updates.
The computer is an HP a708.uk

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Peter

A:Computer Corruption

Have you done any scans for spware and Adware or trojans

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-corruption-300498.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a copy of my thesis (my most recent version...not backed up of course) that I have been unable to open. The error is:

The file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. Details: The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag. Location: Part:/word/document.xml, Line: 1262, Column: 124679.

Does anyone happen to know how to correct this error? I am working with Word 2010.

Many thanks!

A:File corruption?

Quote: Originally Posted by HydroHoney

I have a copy of my thesis (my most recent version...not backed up of course) that I have been unable to open. The error is:

The file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. Details: The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag. Location: Part:/word/document.xml, Line: 1262, Column: 124679.

Does anyone happen to know how to correct this error? I am working with Word 2010.

Many thanks!

If word (I assume) is set up to auto save there is another copy. I am not an office guru so you may be best served googling restoring from auto save

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/110584-file-corruption.html