Windows Support Forum

Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore

Q: Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore

Hi everyone This is my first post here and I m glad to have found this forum with so many helpful people I am typing this from my iPhone since I m having troubles with my laptop so sorry in advance for bad typing So recently my gpu failed load even doesn't bios anymore Laptop GTX M and I ordered a replacement After I replaced the faulty card the laptop was running beautifully for days Today while playing call of duty the game crashed with A directx error Thinking it was just a random thing I restarted the laptop And it wouldn t boot up anymore Not even the Dell splash screen appears anymore Shocked I disassmbled the whole laptop and put it back together After this the Dell splash screen appeared again only once though Now I m Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore back at a black screen with nothing loading at all I am super frustrated right now and have no idea what itmight be Hope someone can help max nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore

Does the laptop have integrated graphics?

If so remove the graphics card and see if you get the splash screen.

Odds are it has something to do with the new card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-even-load-bios-anymore.895084/
Relevancy 73.53%

My IE8 isn't working, I can browse normally but I can't load pages based on JavaScripts, someone suggested me to post here because it could be Malware, but I doubt that.

I tried to uninstall, delete leftovers, then reinstall Java, Flash, Shockwave for my IE, no dice.

A:IE8 doesn't load JavaScript anymore

Download the following:Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332875/ie8-doesnt-load-javascript-anymore/
Relevancy 73.53%

Since today, my computer doesn't load the explorer anymore. I can still turn on Windows Task Manager though, but when I attempt to run explorer.exe, nothing happens.

Prior to this, there have been a variety of issues with my computer. The last successful time I was able to access the explorer, my background had changed to a message saying "WARNING, your computer is currently infected with spyware. All you can do with computer is stored forever..."

Thank you very much for all your help.

A:Explorer doesn't load anymore

Hi, rickcsong!

Judging by this :

"WARNING, your computer is currently infected with spyware. All you can do with computer is stored forever..."

You're infected, no doubt. Spyware is very annoying, and sightly harmful. Please post here making a new thread and refer to this guide when posting, Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-doesnt-load-anymore-376637.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I've owned the sims 2 games ever since they've come out. I own all the expansions packs and they all play well on my new computer. But recently I've been having a problem with loading apartment life. I'll play the game for a couple of weeks then one day I'll try to turn the game on and it won't load. The first time this happened I ended up un installing all my games and then reinstalling them and I played again for weeks. Now it's happened again and I can't do what I did last time because a friend is borrowing my other disks. I click the icon the sims 2 launcher pops up I click play then the disk spins until it stops spinning and I do the process all over again never seeing the game load. What am I doing wrong please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sims-2-game-doesnt-load-anymore.907461/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all I had my laptop running last night and I woke up this doesn't anymore!! Windows 64-bit 7 suddenly load morning and my computer was frozen It wasn t the quot blue screen of death quot as many mention as it was simply frozen but when I turned it back on and continue to turn it back on it gets stuck on quot Starting Windows quot without even proceeding to the Windows log-in screen Next when I launch a quot system repair quot it goes through the process but freezes in the blue quot system repair quot screen without even showing anything just the blue background sunshine screen and is just stuck there under quot Advanced Boot Options quot the quot Last Known Good Configuration quot gives me no luck either I then try quot Safe Mode quot and under quot Safe Mode with Command Prompt quot it freezes while quot Loading Windows Files quot and the last file driver it shows is windows system DRIVERS AtiPcie sys I don t know what else to do I have a Windows -bit boot disc but this is my small laptop which doesn t have a CD DVD drive I can use my USB drive if necessary but I attempted to do that but maybe there is some special way I must install it on my USB drive Otherwise I am completely stuck and I am hoping someone can help me out this is driving me crazy Thanks again in advance nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all I had my laptop running last night and I woke up this morning and my computer was frozen It wasn't the quot blue screen of death quot load 64-bit 7 Windows suddenly doesn't anymore!! as many mention as it was simply frozen but when I turned it back on and continue to turn it back on it gets stuck on quot Starting Windows quot without even proceeding to the Windows log-in screen Next when I launch a quot system repair quot it goes through the process but freezes in the blue quot system repair quot screen without even showing anything just Windows 7 64-bit suddenly doesn't load anymore!! the blue background sunshine screen and is just Windows 7 64-bit suddenly doesn't load anymore!! stuck there under quot Advanced Boot Options quot the quot Last Known Good Configuration quot gives me no luck either I then try quot Safe Mode quot and under quot Safe Mode with Command Prompt quot it freezes while quot Loading Windows Files quot and the last file driver it shows is windows system DRIVERS AtiPcie sys Windows 7 64-bit suddenly doesn't load anymore!! I don't know what else to do I have a Windows -bit boot disc but this is my small laptop which doesn't have a CD DVD drive I can use my USB drive if necessary but I attempted to do that but maybe there is some special way I must install it on my USB drive Otherwise I am completely stuck and I am hoping someone can help me out this is driving me crazy Thanks again in advance

A:Windows 7 64-bit suddenly doesn't load anymore!!

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

For better help with problems, Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
System Info - See Your System Specs

Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/187658-windows-7-64-bit-suddenly-doesnt-load-anymore.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi guys Windows Asus KL laptop So the problem is I wrote Ubuntu to an Usb stick because my friend needed it on her laptop The program i used LinuxLive There was an option wether i wanted to HDD anymore. doesn't recognize BIOS create a virtual disk or not I didn't know what that was so BIOS doesn't recognize HDD anymore. i chose this BIOS doesn't recognize HDD anymore. option After the progress i had an extra E virtual disk on my computer I didn't know what to do with it so i just deleted the files in it Then when i restarted my computer there was a booting problem Windows wouldn't boot So i plugged the usb stick into my laptop and booted Linux from it I started a program called G-Patrition There i deleted the virtual disc and restarted Windows booted it worked perfectly But when next i started my laptop the usb stick was still there and I accidently clicked on quot Install Ubuntu quot So a window came up with some settings and started the installation i clicked on the X to close it but it froze After a half an hour the same frozen screen was there so i pressed the power button to shut down It was a stupid thing beacause now my BIOS can't boot from HDD The only boot option is the CD DVD or USB It says quot Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press any key quot The interesting thing When boot from USB Try Ubuntu Without Installing Ubuntu sees the Hard Drive but i can't see the contents and folders in it Rightclick information GB space GB in use This GB is my Windows and my programs and files What should i do How can i boot from HD if there's no such option in Bios settings

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/55517-bios-doesnt-recognize-hdd-anymore.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I need some help here I have partitioned drives on the same hard drive C amp E bios comp doesn't start anymore! vista or after anything! I was transferring some video files from my C to E comp doesn't start vista anymore! or anything! after bios My comp just suddenly froze and i hit the power button which immediately turned my comp off Now when i turned it back on after the bios loading screen the screen just turns blank Theres still comp doesn't start vista anymore! or anything! after bios a video connection because the monitor is still on The hard drive seems to still be showing up in the bios I ve tried booting in safe mode but it wouldn t let me into the safe mode options I ve also tried inserting the vista cd and booted off that but after that green loading bar it turns blank still with video connection I ve also tried taking out the hard drive and plugging it into my other comp as a ndary drive running vista too For that it gets the the green loading bar but then turns blank But when i remove that ndary drive out vista boots back up normally So im guessing something is wrong with the hard drive I really need some help here cause i need some files off that hard drive It doesn t matter if i reinstall windows vista but i just need to be able to read the hard drive and copy some important files I m using Windows vista bit western digital sata gb hard drive with the problem evga i mobo Any help or recommendations would be great nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi Guys I am new here to this forum and i really hope you can help me out here If you take a look at this topic http www techspot com vb topic html you will see a description that looks a lot like my problem The only thing different is that anymore Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 startup bios doesn't flashed, I have a Gigabyte GA-K NS- motherboard I have used Bios Flash files before on other motherboards and experienced no problems but as of days ago the problems began I ll start with the beginning I was playing Battle Field when suddenly my pc crashed into a BSOD I rebooted the machine and it worked again then after a few minutes again a BSOD but now when i rebooted it said the Windows System folder was not accessible or missing I should repair this with the Windows Installation CD So i did Repairing worked according Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore to Windows reboot same error message I ended up with a complete re-installation of Windows no problem there since my pc was getting a little bit slower and reinstallation Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore was inevitable in the near future But then the second problem came My Videocard ASUS A - MB did not have the right drivers so i installed them Still i couldn t play Battlefield which made me sad I had tried everything else but nothing worked So someone mentioned a Bios Flash I had done that before on other motherboards with success so i thought piece of cake done in minutes Bios Update F downloaded from the Gigabyte site after the DOS-installation my pc rebooted saying my Memory modules had changed from Dual Memory to Single Memory What the After initializing the Hard drives and my cd-rom and DVD-R player it comes to the point of looking if there is a bootable CD-rom-disc in either of my players If there is it will boot from CD and if there isn t Windows will startup But just at that point my computer started to reboot and retry the whole process again So tonight i tried to flash the Bios again untill now i still could access the Bios with DEL-key flashed it again with Version F found on Gigabyte site That s the point where i am now if i reboot the machine now after the Bios Flash succeeded message it doesn t show anything anymore i can t use my keyboard to go into Bios nothing I tried to reset my CMOS with the three quot soldered quot points on my MB but also that doesn t do the trick I removed the battery and tried it again but still no luck Here are my specs Mobo Gigabyte GA-K NS- Proc AMD Athlon x Kingston Dimm MB DD I think i have to look for another motherboard but hope someone can tell me what to do Thanks Martin sharks nbsp

A:Gigabyte GA-K8ns-939 bios flashed, doesn't startup anymore

Try the other options in this Q&A:

My computer has failed to start up, its power LED, case and processor fans, and the reset button don't work. Is this caused by a motherboard failure? -

http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/MotherboardProblems.htm#failed

Do the fans work properly?

If they do, also test the RAM with a utility such as Memtest86

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-k8ns-939-bios-flashed-doesnt-startup-anymore.38342/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I encountered some problem with my netbook (Portege M800-10W) after updating BIOS.
The BIOS updating program seems to failed. Then my Netbook automatically restarted and now I can't start my PC anymore.
All the LEDs turns on, but the sreen remain black and after few minutes, the netbook beep 3 times (1 long, 2 short).

How can I restore the BIOS to the previous version (or factory version) ?

Thanks.

Adrien

null

A:Portege M800 doesn't startup anymore after updating BIOS

I think that error code means there is a Graphical/Video problem. The Mainboard or VGA Board may need replacing, or there may be a loose connection.

I would send the notebook to an ASP for repair.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?59378-Portege-M800-doesn-t-startup-anymore-after-updating-BIOS
Relevancy 69.66%

I bought my Satellite Z in August and installed GB extra RAM in it Worked fine the Ultrabook detected it and had total GB of RAM Yesterday I stopped ignoring these Toshiba Tempro messages and installed the suggested BIOS Update to Bios don't know which version it was before Now I have several problems First one my Ultrabook doesn't start anymore with the extra RAM I press the power button then the power LED starts blinking times yellow time orange in RAM work Update, doesn't anymore Satellite BIOS - Extra Z930 after loop The screen stays black and the CPU fan raises to maximum level Only when I remove the extra RAM then it starts Second problem without my extra RAM it starts but sometimes with Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore the CPU fan at maximum level So i have to restart that it stops Third problem Windows only detects GB of RAM I have now no extra RAM istalled so it should detect GB of RAM like when I bought it Now there are only GB So is this what happens when I install suggested updates - - So what can I do now At least I want my preinstalled GB of RAm back Is there any BIOS downgrade or something similar to revert the changes

A:Satellite Z930 - after BIOS Update, Extra RAM doesn't work anymore

OK, solved the problem. I found a BIOS downgrade to 2.1 at this page: http://www.blog-drivers.com/2012/07/toshiba-portege-z930-notebook-drivers.html
Now I have my 6GB back :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69088-Satellite-Z930-after-BIOS-Update-Extra-RAM-doesn-t-work-anymore
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi My Sony Vaio laptop won t load up anymore When moved I sometimes got the blue screen of death it restarted and it was fine But yesterday I moved it slightly and it got the blue screen of death again It came up with the screen asking if I wanted to load Windows normally or in safe mode No matter which I click it starts Laptop load up anymore won't to Laptop won't load up anymore load then gets the blue screen of death and restarts again then showing the safe mode option screen again I have no clue what the blue screen of death screen says as it doesn t stay up for more than Laptop won't load up anymore a second I have no back up disks It doesn t seem to want to show the BIOS It is running Windows XP What is most likely to have caused the problem and what can I do to fix it I d rather not wipe the hard drive and start again unless I really really have to Any help would be great Thanks

A:Laptop won't load up anymore

Have you tried booting into safe mode yet?

When you turn the computer on repeatedly press the F8 key until a menu pops up with options. Towards the bottom there is an option that states "Disable automatic reboot on system failure" highlight this option and press enter, your computer should reboot and if it blue screens could you please post the exact error code you are getting?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342428/laptop-wont-load-up-anymore/
Relevancy 67.08%

Help, I was trying to reset my system as it was feeling very bogged down, (keep in mind this was my first time doing this) so I went to updates and security and reset it and made sure anything vital would still be there. Then I come back and when I go to turn on my laptop there is nothing. I tried hard reseting it but it didn't respond at all. The charging led doesn't even come on anymore. Can anybody please help me? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-doesn-t-turn-on-anymore/td-p/5769179
Relevancy 66.65%

I made a thread about work anymore? Laptop suddenly doesn't my issue on Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore? another forum topic and I was redirected here My Problem http www techsupportforum com foru ml post So I did every step that I needed to do - here are the results Attach zip contains Attach txt and ARK txt Btw thanks alot for helping me D My DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by yasemin at on - - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users yasemin Documents Contacts Downloads gmer gmer exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mStart Page about blank uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant Google mCustomizeSearch Google BHO Search Helper EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO ShowBarObj Class A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - c program files acer empowering technology edatasecurity x ActiveToolBand dll BHO Windows Live Aanmelden - Help D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Norton Identity Protection AB C -A EC- f-B FE- B B A F - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB Norton Identity Safe Toolbar A C - D - BF -BC D- C - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll TB Acer eDataSecurity Management CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - c program files acer empowering technology edatasecurity x eDStoolbar dll TB Norton Identity Safe Toolbar A C - D - bf -BC D- C - c program files norton identity safe engine CoIEPlg dll uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun CCleaner Monitoring quot c program files ccleaner CCleaner exe quot MONITOR uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe uRunOnce Report c adwcleaner AdwCleaner S txt mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun PLFSetI c windows PLFSetI exe mRun Microsoft Default Manager quot c program files microsoft search enhancement pack default manager DefMgr exe quot -resume mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun IAAnotif c program files intel intel matrix storage manager iaanotif exe mRun ePower DMC c program files acer empowering technology epower ePower DMC exe mRun eAudio quot c program files acer empowering technology eaudio eAudio exe quot uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword IE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE Free YouTube to MP Converter - c users yasemin appdata roaming dvdvideosoftiehelpers freeyoutubetomp converter htm IE C - F F- d -B C- C DFE - c program files acer acer bio protection PwdBank exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC - c program files windows live writer WriterBrowserExtension dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c program files microsoft offic... Read more

A:Laptop suddenly doesn't work anymore?

iyasuu,

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your logs. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please Read! "Who is Helping you?"

You may wish to Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools (near the top), then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/laptop-suddenly-doesnt-work-anymore-939258.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I'm having a common issue I would say. Last time I used my laptop was this afternoon to watch a short clip on youtube, I turned it off right after and I remember it was at 17%, although I have the power button to shut down right away. A few hours ago, I decided to turn it and and surprised I noticed it didn't turn on. I tried to plug my A/C adapter to charge it a couple of minute but the lightning light didn't even show up. I've google'd around and found a way to hard reset it ( Remove the battery/adapter/ hold the power button 30 sec) no success still. I'm wondering if it's either the adapter or the battery is dead, as I don't have any spare of both right now is there a way to confirm it?

Thanks.

A:Laptop doesn't turn on/charge anymore

Hi

There's usually a small light on the power adaptor... is it on? If not, it's probably dead. Try another main lead.
If the light is on, remove the battery from the laptop and connect the power adaptor. Does the laptop turn on?
If not, try the reset again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/60456-laptop-doesnt-turn-charge-anymore.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,
I just bought an external screen to plug on my laptop Inspiron 9400.
This new screen works but the one included with my laptop doesn't work anymore. It is still possible to change the luminosity with Fn+top or fn+bottom but nothing display even during the boot. Fn+F8 (CRT/LCD) just stop and start the external screen. I can't boot or use the special Windows mode because I don't see any information on the laptop screen.
Can you help me please?
Thank you!

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi!

Could anyone possibly help? This problem has been driving me crazy lately.
In the last few days, suddenly the CD drive on my Sony Vaio laptop only recognises certain CDs. It seems to play DVDs fine, but most of the CDs I've tried aren't even recognised when they worked fine a few days ago.
None of them are scratched & I wiped them all, but it still doesn't recognise them.
They seem to work fine on my CD player but not my laptop.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help me. Regards, Rachel.

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I recently fought off a virus that wasted days out of my life It also brought about another virus that attacked my external harddrive which I ended up using file recovery to recover and reformat and that's fine and taken care of with nod and malwarebytes I was finally able to finish off the virus but I think it doesn't storage with work devices usb anymore... laptop left behind something on my computer which isn't letting me use usb thumbdrives or my external hardrive My external hardrive which now actually does work on other pc's after reformatting doesn't even show up on my computer after being plugged in only shows up laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore... in safely remove hardware If I plug in a thumbdrive or my ipod it does show up on my computer but laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore... when I try to access it it gives me an error and says quot The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded quot Also my computer's still been somewhat slow even after getting rid of spyware and trojans And I scanned with Uniblue which found tons of registry errors but I noticed that after it quot fixed quot them it made my computer EVEN slower So I reverted back the changes My computer also sometimes freezes when it starts up after all virus abuse It's been happening a little less often lately though Since I've scanned with nod and malwarebytes I don't think I have anymore viruses so what's the problem thanks -V

A:laptop doesn't work with usb storage devices anymore...

Hello sskikos

I think your system is still infected

We cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-doesnt-work-with-usb-storage-devices-anymore-371397.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

Laptop is a Samsung R510 running Vista.

When it is switched on, it gets stuck on the Samsung BIOS load screen. The F2 (Setup) and F4 (Recovery) buttons don't work unless they are pressed straight away. But when they are pressed it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.

I have changed the CMOS battery, but it hasn't helped.

I have also taken the hard drive out and turned it on, still the same.  Each RAM stick has been tried on its own, and it is still the same.

Can anyone help?

A:Laptop Stuck On BIOS Load Screen/Won't Load Vista

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513423/laptop-stuck-on-bios-load-screenwont-load-vista/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello
My pc used to lag sometimes when I incert my external hard drive , I suspected that it could be problem with windows or the laptop hard drive itself
So I wrote down this code in the command prompt to check for drive errors and bad sector ( not the C , I tested D: )
Chkdsk/ /r /f D: /x , where /X means force dismount if necessary
After 8h+ I wake up and check it out it was in stage 4 working but then this error happened and stopped ( check the link )

Since then the laptop keep restarting and doesn't recognize the hard drive anymore
I suspect that it could be because system error cased it to force dismount but then since it crashed it didnt do it properly ,
So what I can do now ? My laptop doesn't recognize my hard drive at all but I have a Bootable usb and it sees it with the correct size
Please help , thanks

A:My laptop doesn't recognize my hard disc anymore and keep rebooting

Sounds like the drive is failing or has failed.  Power on, press f12 several times until a boot menu appears and enter the Dell diagnostics.  Run an extended test on the drive -- if you receive an error such as 2000-0142, etc., the drive has failed.  If you need help selecting a replacement drive, we'll need to know the system model information (i.e., Inspiron 5730, N5110, etc.).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983266
Relevancy 64.93%

First of all hello, I'm new here.

I'm having trouble with my optical drive. When I load a disc into it, it will spin for minutes, but nothing happens. I cannot open audio cds, data cds/dvds nor can I burn any discs whatsoever.

Taken out of a dxdiag report: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633L ATA Device. Drivers are up-to-date.
Any ideas?

A:My laptop's DVD drive doesn't read nor write discs anymore.

If the drivers are up to date then i would have to say that more than likely the drive has had it and will have to be replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptops-dvd-drive-doesnt-read-nor-write-discs-anymore.1009375/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here.

Panasonic CF-W8 laptop, 3 years old, never had any previous issues. It was fine when I left the house today, but when I came back a few hours later, the screen was black and had text I didn't understand. I rebooted, and it said that Hal.dll was missing.

So I looked online to see how to fix it, but when I rebooted again, the screen simply turned black and stayed black after the initial boot-up. When I check the BIOS, it says "Hard Disk Empty." I tried using the Windows recovery CD, but it says that there's no hard disk.

Does this mean that the hard disk failed? If so, what are the options to get my data? Before shelling out the big bucks for data recovery services, I'd like to see if there's anything else I can do.

Thank you in advance for any help!

A:Windows wouldn't load, now BIOS doesn't see HDD

It may be that the hard disk has failed.
Please try these free, bootable hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

If it's a UEFI system (mostly for WIn8 and later systems), you may have to disable SecureBoot and enable CSM/legacy in order to boot form the disks.

To see if you can recover your data, try slaving it to another computer to copy the data off of it.
If that doesn't work, then we can try data recovery tools before suggesting a data recovery service.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579103/windows-wouldnt-load-now-bios-doesnt-see-hdd/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I have an Acer Inspire laptop running Windows XP. A few months ago it suddenly stopped connecting to my home wireless network, while all of the other computers in the house connect to the network without a problem. The network still shows up in the list of available networks; when I click on it to connect, it looks like it's trying to connect but it never actually does. My dad thinks that using my laptop at an airport wifi hotspot may have something to do with the issue (the problem started right after I returned from a business trip...).

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 63.64%

When I turn on my computer it doesn t even begin to load This is immediately on the screen R SE P N -A - BR Rel When I googled it this came up http www techpowerup com vgabios I tried taking the bios battery out but that didn t do anything I also checked out the old card out for damage or dust and reinserted just to make sure it was snug but nothing happened This isn t the actually the main problem I was having at first but I can t fix the main problem without getting past this This is how it all started Well originally it I turn (BIOS?) begin load computer it doesn't even on Solved: When to my wouldn t load past the Windows XP Logo Screen It would freeze up and was I forced to hold the power button down until it shut off I tried safe mode last known working configuration even VGA mode and it still hung every time Well I did some research and the symptoms seemed to point to either bad memory a bad video card or a dying PSU Well I tried switching out the memory and that didn t do anything The PSU is actually in it s own case under the motherboad and all the drives Solved: When I turn on my computer it doesn't even begin to load (BIOS?) so I figured it would be easier to check the graphics card first So I took out the ATI Radeon X and tried putting in an ATI Radeon X I think Well after did that it wouldn t even get past the Dell startup screen so I took it out and put the other back in That s when I started getting this funky message At one point it said there had been previous failed attempts to boot and there was a problem with at lthr or something like that then wouldn t go any farther Now it s just stuck showing that video card information Thanks in advance for your time help Sincerely Matt nbsp

A:Solved: When I turn on my computer it doesn't even begin to load (BIOS?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-when-i-turn-on-my-computer-it-doesnt-even-begin-to-load-bios.763588/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys! I'm new here and have a really serious problem in my friend's computer!
My friend told me that he opened some king of game (.exe file probably) played it for a while then his computer suddenly restarted itself. However, the problem is that since then his computer doesn't seem to load the Windows startup screen and instead it loads the BIOS setup screen directly after turning the computer on. (It doesn't seem to even try to load the Windows Boot.ini file).
It just shows the motherboard splash screen with a message "Loading Setup..." and then enters the BIOS setup in few seconds.

Do you know anything about this problem? Please help!

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows doesn't load at startup - directly loads BIOS setup!

maybe the CMOS battery is dead and it is trying to get you to set the date?

Boot from a Windows XP CD and go into Recovery Console and run c: /fixboot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-doesnt-load-at-startup-directly-loads-bios-setup.40988/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello So I m trying to fix my mothers computer here but I can t figure out the problem It s a quite old laptop about years old It s running Windows bit got GB of ram and a AMD Sempron tm SI- GHz processor I ve read around the internet and the closest I came describing my programs doesn't load Laptop any problem was this thread The windows menu works fine though I can t access any programs nor click on any of the URL s in there not even the quot shutdown quot button Launching programs from the taskbar shortcuts just give Laptop doesn't load any programs a little white outline like it is loading Laptop doesn't load any programs before it disappear seconds later The UAC doesn t work neither I tried what lunarlander suggested booting the safe mode though this won t load either It stopped on quot ATIPCIe sys quot and I m not certain if all the files were loaded or if it just got stuck there It won t load though which is the important part I haven t tried reinstalling it after this however it has been reinstalled twice by my mother due to having the same problem times before Does anyone know if I can fix this or should I just let her go ahead and buy a new PC She wants a new but if she can save the money she don t want too If you need any more information I will try to give that if I can but remember I can t access all the areas on the PC Also if no action is taken the computer freezes with a black screen when it goes too screensaver and nothing can be done except using the power button Thanks in advance Jonas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-load-any-programs.1115497/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi allMy laptop turns on and the hp logo comes on but then windows doesn't boot up. I've done a hard reset with no luck and I ran the F2 menu Diagnostic, it came back showing a fail on the hard drive short DST check. Failure is number is Q4Q1X3-7T8880-XD7WLK-6OUC03Thanks!!

A:Laptop boots up but windows doesn't load

Hi @Lauren80, welcome to the HP Forums!  I see you have determined the hard drive is no longer functional. As this is not something I can help you to simply fix, I can suggest you replace the hard drive to resolve the issue.  I'd recommend calling in to speak with a phone agent as they can look up your product and may be able to help you to setup an replacement.  What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detectStep 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.I hope this helps. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-boots-up-but-windows-doesn-t-load/td-p/5759976
Relevancy 59.77%

After I enter my password for Windows the screen goes black I've tried everything I load doesn't on the Laptop HP Stream Windows could find on the forums to resolve this problem with no success Here are some of the things I did nbsp Turned the power button off holding it down for seconds Immediately after powering it up I pressed the F button repeatedly I got a Recovery message Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop on a light blue screen It said the Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop following between the stars lines nbsp nbsp Your PC needs to be Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop repaired nbsp A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed nbsp Eror code xc nbsp You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media like a DIsc or USB device nbsp If you don't have these contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer nbsp nbsp Press ENTER to try againPress F for Startup SettingsPress Esc for UEFI Firmware settings nbsp nbsp I am my own system administrator I did everything with no success I contacted HP The total cost for a year of unlimited support was paid with an initial fee of and a monthly fee of Early cancellation was A one time support fee was nbsp None of these appealed to me as the laptop cost me new It would be cheaper to throw this away and get a new one nbsp Can someone tell me if there is an alternative process to solve my problem If not I will ditch this computer and pay more for a refurbished Mac I am sending this report using nbsp my trusty circa MacBook Pro nbsp nbsp

A:Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop

Hi, if you did not create a recovery USB, you can order one from HP.  This is Windows 8.1 not Windows 10?  You might also try booting into safe mode described here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-doesn-t-load-on-the-HP-Stream-Laptop/td-p/5607506
Relevancy 59.77%

The screen does not load at all and jumps straight into "Boot Menu" and "App Menu". I am not shure if it has anything to do with it, but it says in the Diagnostic Splash that the BIOS and the Video are shadowed.

A:Why doesn't Windows 10 load at all on my Lenovo laptop

According to Lenovo's Windows 10 Upgrade website, the IdeaPad U410 is not supported (it doesn't appear in the supported models list here):https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/do...As you can see, the S410 is supported but the U410 isn't listed.If you scroll up to the top of the page (or press the 'Home' key) you'll see this:"Date: Oct 02, 2015""Lenovo supported systems list for Windows 10 Upgrade.If your system is not listed, it hasn?t been tested for Windows 10 upgrade and is not supported"That may account for your problem.With laptops especially, you are supposed to check the manufacturer's website before you upgrade it to Windows 10.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/why-doesnt-windows-10-load-at-all-on-my-lenovo-laptop/230.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve been passed a laptop to sort out which was full of malware Windows running slowly and occasionally crashing the usual state of a machine used by someone clueless and apathetic about computer security I was told I could just reformat it as he doesn t on this 7 doesn't help) Windows Please (factory laptop reset load help! won't want anything off it saving so I tried resetting it to the factory default which seemed to work but when Windows booted up it just stuck in the Windows loading screen black screen with the four colour flag thing I tried safe mode but it also crashes gets stuck whilst loading - the last file it lists in the loading screen is WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS I retried factory reset with the same results so I tried to install Windows on to the laptop from my Windows DVD in case the factory reset image on the laptop had somehow gotten corrupt but again Windows locks up or goes into an infinite wait state whatever it is and now I can t even access factory reset as the non-working install on the laptop didn t add the option of course I ve tested the physical memory MEMTEST and the hard drive and they both give no errors and I ve reset the BIOS to it s original settings a million to one chance that that Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help) was the fault but I tried anyway so can anyone suggest anything please The laptop is a Samsung np e a-a uk Windows -bit AMD A M CPU GB RAM nbsp

A:Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-windows-7-wont-load-on-this-laptop-factory-reset-doesnt-help.1148817/
Relevancy 58.91%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308658-laptop-turns-but-doesnt-load-os-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I m new here and would really appreciate any help Basically I got that fake anti-virus on my laptop but have had this happen before so it was no big deal as I have managed to get rid of it before Yet this time when I started in safe mode and attempted to run spybot search and destory my laptop restarted itself and I can now no longer use my laptop Even safe mode does not work The only way that works is by pressing F as it loads up and choosing windows domain controller or something I ve ran several load laptop Blue doesn't continually screen... malware deleting softwares such as SuperAntispyware amp Malwarebytes in this mode but still I cannot get my laptop to work in safe mode or normal mode I am continually confronted by a blue screen and the following message COLOR Blue A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try chaging video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC x A AB xBA B xBA COLOR Any help would be greatly appreciated Please simplify as much as possible nbsp

A:Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load

Btw my laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-CR11S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-laptop-continually-doesnt-load.151569/
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve hp elitebook 8440p. It is connected to a network but it doesn't browse and says"the remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I checked my Internet connection and it works properly on other devices.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-doesn-t-load-any/td-p/5790479
Relevancy 58.91%

Laptop wont load bios or OS Interesting wont load Laptop bios OS or issue here When I press the power button the HD activity led light comes on for just a second I feel the HD spinning up and running the fan kicks in and runs then nothing No Laptop wont load bios or OS leds flahing just power led no beeps no screen and no bios I v discharged static build up battery out power button held down quot and tried both mains amp battery to no effect There were no precursors to this issue So I can deduce the laptop is unable to complete POST in pre bios despite the lack of beeps yet can supply power to fan amp HD Now the GPU is Laptop wont load bios or OS GForce m GS aware of the issues with the xxx series I v kept the air flow clean and use a laptop cooler Possible suspect though it never ran hot and all worked fine till I turned on a couple of Laptop wont load bios or OS days ago Now I understood that a failure of the xxx series usually presented a degraded screen lines etc rather than failing post I m backed up and use my second laptop so nothing urgent just a oportunity to learn I am interested in hearing from hardware geeks and their thoughts nbsp

A:Laptop wont load bios or OS

Seem to have been redirected here for some unknown reason !!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-load-bios-or-os.205327/
Relevancy 58.48%

Daughter brought her HP DV Vista bit Very suspicious of malware If I check the BIOS it does not see the hard drive nor does that option appear in the boot menu However if you boot the machine it will load Vista HD Help but still boots bios see doesn't laptop please vista and allow you to log in After about - seconds Help please laptop bios doesn't see HD but vista still boots usage the keyboard and mouse buttons freeze and what was on the screen still remains with that bloody awful circle going round and round Now the mouse will still move across the screen via the touchpad or a usb mouse but the keyboard is dead as are the mouse buttons I can boot parted magic on UBCD and access all the files on the C drive one physical three partitions including a recovery partition - how it came from the factory and run all day long Disk diagnostics on UBCD show the hard drive is present and no errors However the bios diagnostic says replace the hard drive I ve rebuilt the BCD using Microsofts bootrec to no avail I m trying to get it sane enough to offload years worth of pictures music and classwork etc and then I ll try restoring the OS from the recovery partition I should mention that I ran an older Linux bootable version of Avira dated Sept and it noted multiple occurrences of html infected webpage gen as well as two other going to try to recover the names from the Avira logfile Thanks in advance AJG

A:Help please laptop bios doesn't see HD but vista still boots

I'm trying to get it sane enough to offload 4 years worth of pictures, music, and classwork, etc.No need to bother trying to get Windows to work well enough: Simply retrieve copies of the files that you want, to a USB-connected external hard drive using a Linux operating system run from a bootable CD/DVD or USB flashdrive.f your computer is not able to boot into Windows or simply not able to access the internet, you can use a LIVE Linux operating system run from a bootable CD or flashdrive instead of Windows, to access the internet, to access files on the HDD(s) and do other tasks. Using a working computer:If you wish to use a LIVE CD ...
Download the Linux version of your choice (usually an .ISO image file).
There are many options to use for a LIVE CD. I suggest that you try one of the following:
Puppy Linux (smallest download file size at 128 MB)Linux Mint 12 Lisa (versions for a CD, and larger versions that need to be burned to a DVD disk)[*]Burn the .ISO image to CD: If you do not already have a suitable burning program for writing .ISO images to disc ...Download and install ImgBurn.Ensure that you UN-check the box agreeing to install the Ask toolbar during the installation.Place a new (blank) CD disc in the drive tray.Choose Write image file to disc.
Under Source, click on the Browse button: Navigate to and select the .ISO file that you wish to burn.Place a check-mark in the box beside Verify.Click [*]When the CD has been burned and verified as successful, it will be bootable.[/list][*]OR ... if you wish to use a LIVE flashdrive ...Go to UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads and at the top of the page, click on Download (for Windows) to download the application.Follow the instructions further down the page under the heading Installation & Screenshots.Run the application to download and install the Linux version of choice to your flashdrive.
I suggest that you try one of the following:
Puppy Linux (smallest download file size at 128 MB)Linux Mint 12 Lisa (download file size depends on version)[/list][/list] Boot the problematic machine from the LIVE CD or flashdrive.(You may have to configure the Boot Menu or BIOS Setup Menu to boot first from the optical/CD drive or the flashdrive, which ever you are using.)Choose to run the Linux operating system from the CD or flashdrive without making any changes to your computer.
Do NOT install Linux on your hard drive.When the Linux operating system loads ...
You will be able to navigate to all the files on your HDD.You can backup your files by copying them to a flashdrive or an external hard drive.Before using the internet (if you choose to use Puppy, for example) you may have to:
Configure/set up the internet connectionDownload a favourite browser
(With Linux Mint the foregoing should not be necessary.)[/list]You may find one of the following guides useful:Recover files from Windows XP hard disk using Puppy LinuxRecover files from Windows Vista hard disk using Puppy LinuxRecover files from Windows 7 hard disk using Puppy LinuxThe easiest way to copy files/folders in Puppy is to drag-and-drop from one window to another. To do this open a window showing what you want to copy. Open another window showing the location that you wish to copy to .... and move the windows so that you can conveniently see both at the same time.Now, simply drag the items you wish to copy from one window into the other. Simple.----------------Recent news, November 2011: You may be interested to have a look at the following:The most popular Linux is...No it?s not Fedora, openSUSE, or even Ubuntu. It?s Linux Mint.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434614/help-please-laptop-bios-doesnt-see-hd-but-vista-still-boots/
Relevancy 58.05%

3 year old Sahara Notebook 2gb Ram, Intel Core Duo T2250 Processor. 1.7 GHZ, ATI xpress 200M graphics card. Win 7 Ultimate 32bit

Hasn't given me problems for the last few months, until recently.
What happened. I was in school studying, shut down the laptop, took a 15 minute walk to my student residence. When I tried to start the laptop. It showed nothing on the screen, not even the BIOS screen.
Thought it was a faulty screen, I connected it to another monitor and even a projector. Nothing still showed on them.
When I insert a Win 7 Installation disk in the DVD drive, I can here it humming but still no display. The fan too is working plus the power on and charging lights are working to
Help me please?
Is it the BIOS or? Can it be flashed?
I'lL appreciate all the help. Thanks

A:Laptop doesn't show the BIOS or anything else after pressing start

Try resetting the Ram, HD Drive & DVD Drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/201820-laptop-doesnt-show-bios-anything-else-after-pressing-start.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok so I had to force a shutdown yesterday because explorer exe suddenly froze and I couldn't even get Process Hacker to restart explorer I held down the power button and turned the laptop off Since then I haven't been able to boot Blank Laptop shutdown. screen: forced won't after load BIOS at all I get a black screen as if the screen hasn't turned on at all Just the power LED lights up And since it won't even reach the BIOS screen let alone give repair options for booting Windows I'm stuck I tried connecting it to an external LCD display which always works but even then blank screen So I guess the display is still alive I have a Dell Inspiron laptop The DVD-drive spins and even ejects when the laptop is turned on but it won't boot from any recovery disc I've tried starting it with one of the RAM sticks removed tried swapping the other one in the other slot too tried starting it with the battery removed and directly from the adaptor tried starting it with the Hard Drive and DVD-drive removed in all possible combinations I've even tried just leaving it on for hours hoping that it would just work randomly but no use I've gone through a gazillion pages on the internet in the past day reading about similar cases To me it seems like forcing a shutdown somehow messed with the BIOS I really want to find the damn CMOS cell and try to reset the BIOS but in this particular laptop dismantling is a nightmare I can't get past taking the palmrest apart I'll have to take it to a technician to check that The thing is according to Dell's POST Diagnosis for the LED Blank screen: Laptop won't load BIOS after forced shutdown. light codes it could be Blank screen: Laptop won't load BIOS after forced shutdown. an issue detecting the processor The numlock LED flashes and the other two LEDs next to it are steady when I boot while holding the Power key and Fn or F together I checked that too made sure the processor was set properly and applied fresh thermal grease but it won't work ALSO When I try turning the laptop on WITHOUT the processor I get the exact same thing with the same LED pattern It's as if the laptop would behave in this manner by default if there was no processor Could this mean the processor just went dead And finally When the laptop is plugged in and running on the adaptor it starts up automatically Without me pressing the power button It still gives a blank screen but I can tell it starts up by looking at the LED and media buttons And I know this is considered a CMOS problem How can a random forced shutdown just mess with the BIOS CMOS Or render the CPU undetectable I've forced shutdowns before too but nothing happed I've tried everything I can think of -

A:Blank screen: Laptop won't load BIOS after forced shutdown.

I think you should take out the CMOS battery, so you can reset the BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251284-blank-screen-laptop-wont-load-bios-after-forced-shutdown.html
Relevancy 53.32%

here's my problem as near as I can tell a few months ago the wireless connection on my hp laptop stopped quot seeing quot my wireless network Eventually during a scan with my panda security system a virus was found for some reason it is no longer in the logs-but is was I think trojan or sasser in my outlook folders-and it was deleted The wireless seemed to work again but then went back wireless see anymore) (computer doesn't internal my wireless work doesn't to being quot invisible quot to my wireless detector on the laptop I went to HP downloads to see if I could just update the quot driver quot and ended up updating quot system bios quot which seemed to work also for a while then the system goes back to not seeing the wireless I could sometimes do the right-click quot repair quot option to get it to connect but that stops working after a while I think that there is still some residual virus lurking in the system to cause this problem so that is why I am posting here Thanks for any help you can give I am not exactly sure if this is where I attach the dds txt text but will put it here just in case DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Victoria Jerome at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Panda Internet Security Enabled Updated FB - C E- E -B C-A A A C BF FW Panda Personal Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security TPSrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA INTERNET SECURITY WebProxy exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry internal wireless doesn't work (computer doesn't see my wireless anymore) exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k Panda C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsCtrls exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ c program files panda security panda internet security firewall PSHOST EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PskSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C WINDOWS system bcmntray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager ex... Read more

A:internal wireless doesn't work (computer doesn't see my wireless anymore)

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it with this AppRemover by Opswat. The AVG uninstaller can be downloaded from here > AppRemover.exe Go to their homepage and you will see they have support for removal of other AV's as well AVG appremover tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/internal-wireless-doesnt-work-computer-doesnt-see-my-wireless-anymore-583186.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been having a problem with my computer for a few weeks now I have Windows Vista on my computer and have Webroot Virus Scan When I go to Google s search engine and click on the link it gets redirected Sometimes when I turn on my computer the volume doesn t work at all Also sometimes when I turn my computer on the computer doesn t load and load Redirected; start time Doesn't doesn't right Volume Google Vista all the Gets correctly, Search it says there is a problem with DellDock installation which I have no clue what that means I never had any of these problems before this virus showed up When I run Webroot it catches the same virus everytime some type of virus in Java I have tried researching this virus but as I said Google links don t work Thank you for taking the time to look Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time at my problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Danny at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC Windows system svchost exe Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files Dell MySQL bin mysqld exeC Program Files Common Files Dell Remote Access File Sync Service dsl fs sync exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows System ico exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exeC Program Files Oracle Information Rights Management Desktop sealmon exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows System Pmxmiced exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SSU EXEC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Danny Desktop dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuStart Page hxxp espn go com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluDefault Page URL hxxp www google c... Read more

A:Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334514/google-search-gets-redirected;-volume-doesnt-load-correctly-vista-doesnt-start-right-all-the-time/
Relevancy 52.46%

Im having this issue when I go to my Music folder/library in windows there is either no album art (in this case no icons in place of the album art either to suggest if its an mp3 or what not), or it takes a really long time for the album art to load on every peace of music. I have also tried to search on google about this problem. No luck probably because I'm rubbish at searching

ill really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Here is a screen shot about what I'm on about ---->

Text in image: Files that have no album art still have the file type icon on them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Album art takes long to load or doesn't load at all in explorer.exe

Welcome aboard, ksbansal

If you dont have adequate RAM/free RAM to generate the arts, it happens. Let us know the size of your ram, and you need to run this test, too.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209177-album-art-takes-long-load-doesnt-load-all-explorer-exe.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey, I went to turn on my laptop this morning, and got this error message. It just stays at 17% forever, and doesn't load up. I left it for about 5 hours, came back and it was still stuck there. I've tried booting it up from safe mode, restoring from a different point, but it still won't boot up. Help please!

Here is a link to the image i'm talking about: Imgur

A:XP won't load up anymore.

Hello priest_jimbo, to TSF!

You have the answer to your problem shown in the screenshot...."The Volume is Dirty."
This means that the HDD is bad; it might be recoverable, but it will mean completely wiping the Drive with a Wiping utility such as DBAN, and re-installing the O/S from scratch.
This in itself presents other issues:
You will need your original Windows? Installation Disc and Product Key;considering the fact that you are still using Windows? XP and Microsoft? no longer support XP; it might be time for you to seriously consider upgrading the unit completely.
It's probably more than 4 years old and ready for the scrap heap.
Even if you were successful re-installing XP you would not be able to update any of the security and system updates because of the cessation of support.
If the HDD is too far gone and re-installation of the O/S is unsuccessful; then, its time for a new replacement Drive.
Taking into account the cost of a new HDD for your laptop, and a new Windows? O/S; such as, Windows 7? or Windows 8.1?, it would more than likely work out to be cheaper to buy a brand new laptop, that would already have an O/S pre-installed.
Prices of laptops today are very good, because manufacturers and retailers are all competing for business; hence, prices are very good.
Now is the time to consider your options.
Post back with your thoughts and any queries you may have.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-load-up-anymore-984817.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Suddenly my c.d.'s do not load anymore. Not in Windows Media, nor in my PCDJ, etc. When I restart the individual programs the c.d. loads, but only once. (after which I have to restart again if I want to hear a new c.d.

Only my Real Player works partly. It also does not automatically reload new c.d.'s but if I manually delete the playlist and then press Play again it works. But this is not normal I reckon...

Can somebody tell me what the matter can be? (It's not as simple as to click automatic playing via computer - c.d. ROM device etc.)

A:c.d.'s do not load anymore....

Hi paulvangelder

. . . and Welcome to the Tech Support Forums.

Several things to check:
(You've already taken a good first step: you already checked on the "Autorun" setting for your drive)
1) If you can, borrow another CD (or DVD) drive (an external is a quick troubleshooter for this sort of thing). If everything suddenly works just fine with a different drive, it's possible that the drive had become faulty. (Could be something as simple as the lens needing cleaning, or the unit could be failing).
2) If the problem just recently started (and trying a different CD-drive doesn't help), try a System Restore, using a restore point from when the CDs were playing OK.
3) If neither of these work - make sure it's not malware corrupting system files (scan in both Safe Mode and Normal, and use as thorough settings as possible. If you find an infection, try the 5-Step Security Checklist here at TSF http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968)
4) If the system scans clean, try uninstalling Windows Media Player.
5) Run a Registry Cleaner (I recommend CCleaner http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...ml?tag=lst-0-1)
6) Disable any "Download Manager" software you might have, and download a fresh copy of Windows Media Player (you can do this in Windows Update -- which is a good idea anyway, since you should also check for Security Updates while you're there).
7) Install Windows Media Player & test to see if it plays CDs OK now. Then test your other players.

Generally, Media Players can get pretty territorial about whose player gets to be the default player for different file types. You'll have to check in the Help files for your favorite one, and then follow it's instructions to set it as the default player for the media you want it to play.

See if that helps
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c-d-s-do-not-load-anymore-115240.html
Relevancy 52.03%

The other day i had a friend delete some programs from my Asus laptop on startup and running processes to make my computer boot up faster. I think we did something that makes the fn key not work anymore.

Can someone advise me on how to restore this functionality?

thanks!

A:fn key doesn't work anymore

Have a look here: http://www.ehow.com/how_7326915_restore-function-key-asus-laptop.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477385/fn-key-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 52.03%

When I insert any type of media, cd, dvd, flash drive anything it doesn't show me that window anymore? Is there a way to fix this?

A:Why doesn.t my autoplay come up anymore? Help?

Quote: Originally Posted by Core7

When I insert any type of media, cd, dvd, flash drive anything it doesn't show me that window anymore? Is there a way to fix this?

Check this tutorial to enable or disable autoplay. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-autorun.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128319-why-doesn-t-my-autoplay-come-up-anymore-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

STATS
-Vista Home Basic, on a laptop
-Verizon USB AirCard (Model USB 720)

After about 3 hours of turmoil I was able to find all the services that needed do to be turned on to get ICS to work through my USB Air Card.

I've been toggling ICS on/off between my Air Card and my wi-fi, depending on the physical location I am at. I have been successfully doing this for almost 9 months.

Last month I could no longer enable ICS on the Air Card. Soon after that the wi-fi properties show that ICS is permanently enabled, however I'm still not able to use my VoIP device through the wi-fi now either.
When enabling ICS for the Air Card I get the following message:Cannot enable shared access.
Error 1003: Cannot complete this function.
I'm using my laptop for business. It's really important, to me, that I get this resolved. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:ICS doesn't turn on anymore...

I think I found a possible answer...well, I know it did work for me. Don't know if it'd work for everyone.
After about 45 minutes of having a tech look at my computer he finally washed his hands of the issue and told me to install Service Pack 1.

Everything is all better now!! ICS toggles off/on between the Verizon AirCard and the wi-fi!!

Go install SP-1 and hopefully that fixes your problems!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/157693-ics-doesnt-turn-anymore.html
Relevancy 52.03%

when i click on Sleep button looks like sleeping, but PC goes off...all the times..., weeks ago it was working reasonably properly.because Wake button never had worked, I needed to press On button to wake it up. But simply now is boring to turn it on several times per day.

A:PC doesn't sleep ....anymore

Control Panel > power options Set all choices to never / click OK restart the computer . If after a wait nothing happens -- go back and set one choice at a time . restarting between each setting .See if that works .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-sleep-anymore.872640/
Relevancy 52.03%

Here is my problem. I used my computer one morning, all was fine when I left for work...screen saver came on and all. When I got home, I moved the mouse around to try and disable the screen saver, nothing happened. Not the first time I've had that problem, so I turned the computer off, and when I turned it on again, and everytime since, I get a series of 6-8 beeps...then nothing. Nothing pops up on the monitor even though the computer is on. I've tried opening up the pc and making sure all the connections are tight, to which in my knowledge they are.

Does anyone know what my problem could be? Do I need to take it to a repair shop or what? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

ok, so i had a mic installed before and it worked fine, so i know it isnt my soundcard... anyway, i got a new headset and everything worked fine untill vista installed it's own driver for it automaticly, from which point on my mic doesn't work anymore (sounds still work though). i tried everything to even reinstalling vista itself (not the only reason why, but still one of them) but to no success. the headset i am trying to use is ednet's usb headset (it doesn't say much more), runs on cmedia's c108 chipset, or atleast thats what i found out...

any help would be greatly appriciated...

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/265487-mic-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys Sometimes I get audio Mr. doesn't work it Fix anymore! problems where I cannot hear internet sound but can hear other sounds When this happens the Device Volume under the volume Mr. Fix it doesn't work anymore! tab of the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties window is grayed out I usually just run Mats Run AudioPlayback mr fix it and it fixes everything in seconds and tells me the errors that occurred are because sound device was turned off and because sound was set to really low level and probably another thing too However now when I try and run it it says quot Mr Fix it cannot continue because an error has occurred quot and right underneath it it says quot the troubleshooter does not apply to this computer quot Is there a file that it cannot find perhaps Does anyone know how Mats AudioPlayback miracle fix it works What file might be corrupt Also sometimes some files will tell me to check if I have the proper authorization to run a program WTF is going on Please help someone The mats audio issue happend after I removed malware from my computer and and a rootkit I removed it with malwarebytes and then with combofix I can tell if there is a virus because I can sense when my computer is running percent instead of Now it runs fast as hell and no viruses Can someone tell me how to trouble shoot it with advanced techniques

A:Mr. Fix it doesn't work anymore!

Just for future reference, Combofix should only be used under the direct supervision of one of Malware Removal Team members. Using this tool incorrectly can result in more problems than what you started out with.

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any driver problems?

Try running chkdsk c: /p

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369581/mr-fix-it-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I suddenly noticed that my ALT-TAB wasn't working anymore, Ive searched google for hours on how to fix it but i couldn't find anything that fixed my problem.
When I press Alt-Tab, I get a menu with File, Edit, View, Tools and Help in the window that I currently have open but the little taskswitch menu doesn't come up. The problem is not my graphics card since the problem happend so suddenly and 5 minutes earlier I could alt tab just fine. The keys do work individually and all other keyboard shortcuts involving alt still work.
Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

Thanks, QuadWar

A:ALT-TAB doesn't work anymore...

Hi,

I'm pretty sure there is a tutorial to fix this...give me a few minutes and I'll find it.

Pffftt....now I can't find it......maybe it never existed

I'm sure someone will come along and offer a solution soon Quadwar. Sorry I couldnt do it quicker.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138894-alt-tab-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I click shutdown it shows the PC shutting down, but then after five seconds it starts itself again and shows me my desktop.

Is there any log file I can take a look at to solve this issue on whats preventing the shutdown?

Running Windows 8.1 64bit, i5-4460, 8GB, GTX 970

Thanks

A:PC doesn't shutdown anymore..

Please provide this information (even though you're not seeing BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582074/pc-doesnt-shutdown-anymore/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone.
I have a laptop Vaoi Sony VGN-FW21Z and his OS is Windows Vista.. but i have installed Windwos 7 and now the DVD-Rom doesn't read my CD/DVD anymore (
why??

A:DVD-Rom doesn't read anymore the DVD/CDs

Hello Soluicious, Welcome to sevenforums!

Check device manager to make sure its installed correctly.

Go to Desktop Right Click my computer
Then click manage.
In the left pane under System tools click device manager
Then Expand (double click)on DVD/CD Rom Drives

Check for any yellow marks and if its even in there

Once complete Post back let me know what you have found.

- Tony

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135285-dvd-rom-doesnt-read-anymore-dvd-cds.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I really don't understand why my laptop is acting this way, but it's been like this for about a week now. My usb doesn't autoplay every time I plug my usb into my laptop. There's nothing wrong with the usb though, since I've plugged it into many other computers to test it out and it still autoplays just fine. I tried right-clicking the drive in My Computer, but there is not autoplay option there, nor is there one when I try to change my autoplay options. I was wondering if there's a solution?

Additional information: Windows Vista Home Premium, Sony Vaio CR510E

I think this has to do with my messing around with the startup programs in msconfig. Darn it.

--EDIT- actually, I just checked on another PC and it's not autoplaying either.

A:USB doesn't autoplay anymore

There was some mention of a Windows update to disable autoplay on Secrity Now podcast but I don't remember the details. The purpose of disabling autoplay is so that its not so ridiculously easy to infect a computer with a virus that takes advantage of autoplay as soon as its connected.

I've had the same thing happen on many of my systems but to use Clickfree backup transformers, autoplay must be enabled so there's a little utility with that software that enables it again. Same thing happens when I install a multimedia program with a photo downloader utility that monitors for new USB devices.

If Vista is the same as 7 you can try going into Control Panel and look in the Autoplay utility. You have to have the device attached to your system that you want to change the settings fro so it will show up in the Autoplay--devices section (hopefully). You also might be able to right click on the device itself and choose the AutoPlay... item if its there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-doesnt-autoplay-anymore.851715/
Relevancy 52.03%

I work AIM WMP and anymore... doesn't am having this very lame issue with my computer Every time I try to open AIM it instantly closes after the AIM window appears I open the task manager and I see it for a second and it closes again Similarly my WMP doesn t open at all I think it my be some kind of malware but I did a complete scan with my Kaspersky AV and it found nothing and the same results with my SuperAntiSpyware program So I am pretty lost I found some other person was having issues with their AIM on this site as well and you guys were able to help out So I figured I would try it This is the log from HJT Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe E Internet Utilities Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe E Internet Utilities SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDMedia exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDPop exe C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDCountdown exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe E Media Utilities MediaMonkey MediaMonkey exe E Internet Utilities Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM AIM and WMP doesn't work anymore... Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - AF A - E - D -B - C B F f - no file O - BHO no name - A AA - C B- BBD- E - A - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - BC C - - -A C -E A AD C - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - E Creation Utilities Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O - AIM and WMP doesn't work anymore... HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Launch LGDCore quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDE O - HKLM Run AVP quot E Internet Utilities Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware E Internet Utilities SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware AIM and WMP doesn't work anymore... exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item Append to existing PDF - res E Creation Utilities Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend ... Read more

A:AIM and WMP doesn't work anymore...

Edit: Just wanted to add that I am talking about AIM 6. I installed AIM 5.x and that one works fine. Now I am even more confused. I uninstalled both of them and then reinstalled AIM 6, but I still have the same issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-and-wmp-doesnt-work-anymore.729564/
Relevancy 52.03%

Once upon a time my two USB ports worked fine... but not anymore.

A few deatails quickly: I have an AMD Athlon 800 MHz PC, 512 Mb Ram, Soundblaster, N-Videa G Force 2, modem, Saitek X35 joystick and use Windows 98.

I use the USB ports for my joystick and my Palm Pilot cradle which allows me to back up the data from my handheld to the PC. About a month ago neither device was recognised for some reason. Under Settings it tells me that the devices work properly. What's going on? I've not installed any new hardware, only a couple of games.

Also, I don't know if this is related but my computer sometimes reboots for no apparent reason. Sometimes Windows won't even load but says 'Windows Protection Error...'

I really need your help, peeps!

Cheers!

Relevancy 52.03%

I made no changes, but my PC doesn't sleep anymore. I can leave it for hours, come back and the monitor is still brightly lit and my email is up to date. The turn off display is set at 30 minutes, and Put computer to sleep at 1 hour.

A:my pc doesn't sleep anymore.

Hello and welcome cpzachar how long has it been like that?

Plus could you tell us what is set in the Control Panel Power options High performance Balanced etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/266967-my-pc-doesnt-sleep-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I can no longer load some routine websites and I keep finding more as the last serveral weeks have passed I get this error http sea search msn com dnserror aspx FORM DNSAS amp q www cnn com This seems to be similar to this problem I found on a Can't sites certain anymore load web back board LinkSome sample sites I have trouble with are CNN comOCRegister com local newspaper Evolvecars comMy own troubleshooting has been no help so far I Can't load certain web sites anymore have found I cannot load the sites with Firefox either it times out I CAN get to the sites through my AOL account on the same computer I CAN get to the sites if I use an anonymizer like www anonymouse com Cleaned my system with AdAware and the Microsoft beta with newest updates I have no more ideas I half-think it is a problem with my ISP Cox Communications but I don't know for sure Posted below is my hijackthis log from today Thanks to anyone that can give Can't load certain web sites anymore me some advice Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM GEARSEC EXEC WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC PROGRA INSTAN INSTAN IWCTRL EXEC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files CreataCard Gold FMRemind exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - Toolbar MapQuest - E BD F- B D- E-A FA-F B B D - C WINDOWS DOWNLO mqgold dllO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run IW Controlcenter C PROGRA INSTAN INSTAN IWCTRL EXEO - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeO - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXEO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe -atboottimeO - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ C Pr... Read more

A:Can't load certain web sites anymore

Hi Download System Security Suite here:System Security Suite Download & Tutorial. Unzip it to your desktop.Install the program. Don't use it yet.Download the Hoster from here. Don't use it yet..Please print or copy these instructions because you are not able to access the Internet in SafeMode.Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders: A. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.B. Click the View tab.C. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.D. Uncheck Hide extensions for known filetypes and Hide protected operating system files.How to see hidden files in WindowsREBOOT into SafeMode by tapping F8 key repeatedly at bootup: Starting your computer in Safe modeRun HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [b0ahnin.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\b0ahnin.exe /kThese are restrictions. Leave them unchecked if these were set by you using a software like Spybot Search & Destroy, SpywareBlaster or another similar protection software, or if these were set by your system administrator.O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions presentO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel presentClose all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.Search for these files and delete them if present:C:\WINDOWS\System32\b0ahnin.exe <-- this fileWith all windows and browsers closed.Clean out temporary and Temporary Internet Files.A. Open System Security Suite.B. In the Items to Clear tab thick:- Internet Explorer (left pane): Cookies & Temporary files- My Computer (right pane): Temporary files & Recycle BinPress the Clear Selected Items button.Close the program.Run hoster.exe. Press Restore Original Hosts and press OK. REBOOT normally. Run HijackThis! again and post a new log please. Is your problem solved ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10149/cant-load-certain-web-sites-anymore/
Relevancy 51.6%

Running Office 2000 in Windows 98.

Out of the blue Excel does not load anymore. Excel logo comes up and then the entire computer stalls.

All other software in Office works.

I have tried reinstalling Office again on top of and also tried the error correction install. No change.

My last resort I guess will be to erase Office and do a clean install unless someone knows better. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 51.6%

I m using Windows Vista and using FireFox but it doesn t seem to be the problem with internet browsers because they also don t work on IE HIJACK THIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP don't load Websites Some anymore!?? MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers Some Websites don't load anymore!?? exe C Some Websites don't load anymore!?? Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Program Files Common Files Spigot Search Settings SearchSettings exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support SyncServer exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ca yahoo com fr mkg R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca yahoo com fr mkg R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook IObit Toolbar - BDA -FD - F - -E FB F D F - C Program Files IObit Toolbar IE iobitToolbarIE dll R - URLSearchHook uTorrentBar Toolbar - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - C Program Files uTorrentBar prxtbuTor dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO IObit Toolbar - BDA -FD - F - -E FB F D F - C Program Files IObit Toolbar IE iobitToolbarIE dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO DealScout - BB-D E- BE-A D -C E CCA AAD - C Program Files DealScout dealscout dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Messenger Companion Helper - FDDE B- F- -AB F- CBEFF - C Program Files Windows Live Companion companioncore dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO uTorrentBar - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a ... Read more

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I m new to the forum and I d like to first say I really appreciate this opportunity to get some help My Gateway has been infected with anymore No Load Programs something for months now it seems I m far from a computer expert but I did try a lot of various anti virus programs Google also has been hijacked A lot of times the computer would fail to even get to the sign on screen so I ve done the quot restoring to an earlier point quot option several No Programs Load anymore times The problem seems to have gotten worse over time and about two weeks ago no programs would load No AOL no Firefox Media Player and a lot of other random links that wouldn t activate such as certain things in the Control Panel The little arrow in the task manager that points up was still there but none of the things that are usually there were there anymore except the volume and windows update which I also couldn t load I did system restore again a few times which worked but a few days ago it crashed while trying to restore and now the only dates available are recent ones that still have the same problem I ve looked around the internet on another computer and tried a couple random things such as disabling a lot if not all of the startup programs from running but still nothing Even in Safe Mode nothing really loads Pictures will load but not music or videos It doesn t seem like I can do much anything on my PC now Did one of my virus scanners accidentally delete something important Is there anything I can do short of doing a full factory restore I apologize if I neglected to give any crucial information Please just let me know what you need and I ll try to provide it

A:No Programs Load anymore

Hi,I'd imagine an Admin will be along presently and move your post over to Am I infectedIt would be a good idea to read thru the pinned posts over there anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453039/no-programs-load-anymore/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all not sure I'm in the right forum but whatever I'm running a dual boot system with Slackware Linux and Windows Ultimate -bit Using the LILO boot manager to switch load 7 anymore won't Windows between things Everything was working fine just did a fresh install of both OS's I was fiddling around under windows in disk manager because I essentially needed to created a new partition because I had split my gig hdd into the following gig for Windows gigs for Slackware and the rest for NTFS data I had not set up that final partition which was what i was doing under disk management So i set it up as NTFS and say ok then all my partitions switched from blue to orange and it assigned some drive letters to my linux paritions OS and the Swap which it had not done previously as expected Now being the old tech that I am i didn't take the time to read any messages that popped up as well windows does that a lot so so i don't remember if anything popped up before or after this happened Now Windows 7 won't load anymore the big problem i reboot my system Linux works fine and I can access the windows partition no problem and even modify things in it Then i load windows again and it just hangs at the quot Windows Loading quot screen all black with white text It's not frozen as the little cursor is blinking But it just hangs there If anyone has any idea what happened and if there's a fix it would be a great help I really don't feel like re-installing Also if anyone can tell me what process that part of the bootup sequence is i e NTKRNL exe NTDETECT com etc guys at microsoft thought it was a good idea to redo rename all of that again Also if anyone could point me where the equivalent of the boot ini would be that is if they had the brilliant idea to put one in Well that pretty much sums it up Cheers

A:Windows 7 won't load anymore

I am not familar with old technology like Linux, but Windows 7 will configure the boot menu correctly when installed last and if drives other than OS's are unplugged in case one is wrongly marked active.

When Win7 has its boot sidetracked, it is normally recoverable by booting into the Win7 installer Repair console and running Startup Repair repeatedly, in case there are multiple issues. All former command fixes are automated there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/37650-windows-7-wont-load-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude laptop
and eveytime I start it and when Windows XP
tries to load---a blue screen comes up that says,

" autochk program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK"
and then it goes to another screen that says something like,
" STOP c0000021a { fatal system error}
the session manager initialization system process terminated
unexpectedly with a status of oxc000003a (0x00000000 0x00000000).
the system has been shut down"

and after that it just reboots and does the same thing over and over
unless it's shut down--this happened after I was trying to upgrade
windows media player---and i had to reboot after--but it hasn't been the same since. Can anyone please please help me

sincerely,

jwaters

A:windows xp won't load anymore

Supposedly, this is a hidden partition problem, check here for more info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-load-anymore.754938/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm using windows xp and the other day i tried installing NAV from a cd ,well i figured nothing was loading so i tried a few other software cds and nothing will load ,I have to end up going to my computer then clicking on the D drive any idea why stuff just stopped loading

Relevancy 51.6%

I using Vanilla IE 8. In Canada.

I want to go to google.com. I am redirected to google.ca.

google.com/ncr used to work. It still works in my Opera browser.

No R0 or R1 hyjacks on machine.

How fix?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey everyone I ve got this problem that s driving me mad and I can t seem to figure it out I have an Intel P ghz on a Intel D GLC motherboard It s about a year and half old and a couple of weeks ago I started noticing problems with booting and it seemed to be power related It won t start up anymore doesn't Computer anymore boot The green light inside goes on so it does have power then when I push the power button there are ways it responds Either the green powerlight goes on and stays on and the cpu fan wil rotate once or twice and then stops it won t do anything else nothing happens at all not even the green light goes on It alternates between these two situations It seems like it gets a short boost of power and then stops I had the power supply checked and it was fine and I just replaced the fan and Computer doesn't boot anymore the power cable as well so that s not it The processor seems fine no bend pins or burns This is really frustrating me and I would really appreciate it if anyone has any input I could bring it in but these people charge bucks just to look at the thing nbsp

A:Computer doesn't boot anymore

In response 1 does the green powerlight stay on after the cpu fan stops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-boot-anymore.39319/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone. My setup is windows xp professional fully up to date, all windows updates. My system is protected by NOD32. Since today, my notepad stopped working. I can't open a txt file, I can't start notepad from start menu nor from in explorer (windows\notepad.exe).Also, my nod32 icon is missing in the toolbar. I tried to start it from start menu (the control center) but nothing happened.NOD32krnl is running though (as you can see in processes list). I now got the nod32 on demand scanner to work, but nothing yet. I also did a hijackthis scan, since I couldnt open the log file i downloaded notepad++, and everything was green/shield.I'm also doing a scan with regcleaner & ad-aware, but nothing seems to help. Google is not much of a friend either today...Can anyone help?Thx in advance!grtztaskmanager: http://lumumba.uhasselt.be/~joostvgh/pics/processen.jpg

A:Notepad Doesn't Work Anymore

i also tried to run notepad in safe mode, but didnt work..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98469/notepad-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 51.6%

Now my telnet won't appear in hyperterminal and no little box to ask me. When I go to help, most of the information on both is missing. I tried properties, and couldn't figure it out. My email is in freeport mailer, so I really prefer to use the hyperterminal to the command box of telnet.
How do I fix this?
Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/telnet-doesnt-appear-in-hyperterminal-anymore-196014.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Regularly there as message appearing from the right corner of the screen that the computer is trying to install something, immediately followed by the message that there is something wrong. Plus the advice to look in settings. When i do this I find some updates or changes that I haven't asked for such as German Character Recognition etc.
What is happening and how to fix it?

A:Windows 10 doesn't seem to update anymore

Hi! The title of your thread is "Windows 10 doesn't seem to update anymore" It's very easy to check for windows updates. Just type "check updates" in search Orb.
You should see this. Click on update history to see all windows updates.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441737-windows-10-doesnt-seem-update-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Lately, every time I try to print a scan from my deskjet 4300C, I get an error msg that I need to restart Windows (98) and start again. I had been able to ignore that sometimes and just try to print again & it worked. Now nothing seems to do any good. I tried sending the scan to my HP Laserjet IIP+ (good "old reliable"). That worked.

I have both printers hooked up to a switch box, so maybe I'll try switching the cables around, but why the inconsistency, I wonder?

Thanks for all your help!

A:HP 722C doesn't like HP 4300C anymore

see if this helps. click here

Did you say you had a laser printer hooked up to a switch box??

If so, this could seriously DAMAGE the printer!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-722c-doesnt-like-hp-4300c-anymore.134368/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, first of all, I cannot disconnect the graphic card, it's part of the motherboard
GeForce 9300
it worked fine

the only thing I did was play Starcraft, oh, and I also played Batman, but Batman Arkham Asylum played good, had nothing to do with Starcraft. When I played Starcraft, I selected "disable desltop composition"... so I played the game, and noticed after playing, I wasn't on Aero anymore

So I tried enabling it, doesn't works
I rebooted, nothing

I did no hardware or software upgrade
I just played Starcraft

It was working fine today

A:Aero doesn't works anymore

Well, Actuall, I am running Deskspace, in order to have 4 virtual desktops

I think that might have caused Aero to disappear, because Deskspace made me loose my background image as well, so I assume when I run Deskspace, the Aero was disabled

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/25422-aero-doesnt-works-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

EDIT Never mind I tried to revert everything back to the original InstallShield again with renaming and it appears to be working correctly now I tried installing the Sims on my laptop but ran into a lot of problems At one point work InstallShield doesn't My Help! anymore. it actually uninstalled itself when trying to fix it but then wouldn't let me reinstall because quot It was already installed quot I went to EA for troubleshooting and eventually found myself at this page http support ea com cgi-bin ea cfg php enduser olh adp php p faqid My InstallShield doesn't work anymore. Help! amp p created amp p sid p sid And tried this Reinstall the installation InstallShield software Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar Select Run Type C Program Files Common Files into the text box and click OK Right-click the InstallShield folder and select Rename Change the name to InstallShieldOld Start the game installation again to reinstall the InstallShield components with the newest version And now whenever I try to install anything I get this quot Error extracting support files The system cannot find the path specified quot I don't even care about The Sims anymore what can I do to fix this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-installshield-doesnt-work-anymore-help-328053.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a HP 250 G4 Notebook PC.My cd-writer doesn't write anymore.  The issue is that it can read cds and dvds but, strangely, it can't write cds anymore.Please help me.Waiting for a reply. Thank you.

A:MY CD-WRITER DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE

Try a different brand of media. If that does not work, it is likely a hardware issue. There are different lenses for different functions and one laser can go bad while the others still work. What software are you using to write to disks? It can also be a problem with the burning program. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/MY-CD-WRITER-DOESN-T-WORK-ANYMORE/td-p/5651222
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I've not been able to open the Weather App since two or three days. When I click the app it just keeps turning like it's gonna open, however, it only keeps turning all along. the Tile is working and changes the displayed weather forecast.
any help please?

A:Weather App doesn't open anymore

Repair the Store cache.....
Clear & Reset Windows Store Cache in Windows 10 / 8.1

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/126594-weather-app-doesnt-open-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So for about 2 years a DVI to HDMI cable that I've been using has worked perfectly until just a few weeks ago. For no apparent reason it has stopped working. Normally i'd think that the cable is fault however when i boot up my comp the start up stuff shows on my TV. Its only when windows starts up that it switches to to PC monitor. When i try to use my TV as a second screen my computer just cant see it. Help please :D

A:DVI to HDMI used to work with my TV but doesn't anymore

Hello,

What is the make model of the PC?

Have you tried reinstalling the graphics driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvi-to-hdmi-used-to-work-with-my-tv-but-doesnt-anymore-695694.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I'm the happy owner of a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 4th gen, received 3 weeks ago and it doesn't boot anymore. Yesterday, I left it up and running, not plugged in and it shut down after being discharged. Since then, I haven't been able to boot up the device. When I plug the power plug, I could see the red light showing it's charging and now it became green which means it's fully charged but nothing happens when I press the button start. As well, when I plug the AC adapter, the power button blinks 3 times green. I've tried to perform a hard reset using a clip and the middle hole in the back but no success. Does anybody had such experience and has an idea on how sort out this thing? help would be really appreciate. Regards, poy

A:X1 Carbon 4th doesn't boot up anymore

Not sure if this helps, but you must have the AC adapter attached after resetting when you try to power the system on.    X1 Carbon Won't Boot without AC Cord - reset switchhttps://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Won-t-Boot-without-AC-Cord-reset-sw... Good Luck,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-4th-doesn-t-boot-up-anymore/td-p/3471116
Relevancy 51.6%

Thought I share what I found the other day Written by J Eidsvik Access A DOS Prompt Go to RUN gt MSCONFIG gt BOOT INI and within the boot options select safeboot then select minimal alternate shell Hit OK and reboot By Default XP has this key set acess You MS-DOS doesn't DOS have XP though still anymore... a can Even prompt! to cmd exe Its located here HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control SafeBoot You will now boot up and be at a functional DOS prompt with Even though XP doesn't have MS-DOS anymore... You can still acess a DOS prompt! access to all drives and files Its a cool shell to boot into for tons of different reasons You can still access the task manager too by the ol ctrl-alt-del IMPORTANT My own personal note to novice users WHen you enter this mode there isn t an option that simply says quot Restart back to XP quot What you need to do is hit Alt Cntrl Del and select New Task In browse window Even though XP doesn't have MS-DOS anymore... You can still acess a DOS prompt! type MSCONFIG and just reverse what you did select normal start up and your alll set Even though XP doesn't have MS-DOS anymore... You can still acess a DOS prompt! Cheers R nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/even-though-xp-doesnt-have-ms-dos-anymore-you-can-still-acess-a-dos-prompt.105647/
Relevancy 51.6%

I don't know what happened, but one day I was typing away and my delete key just suddenly stopped working! I removed the button and tried pressing it other ways, but it still didn't work. Now I can't delete anything (which is what I do a lot of the times) and I can't use ctrl+alt+del anymore!!!

Someone PLEASE help me on this one! I won't want to have to change keyboards because this is the best one I have (that I bought at a semi-high price/semi-low price). I reloaded the program for the keyboard, but when I first plugged it in it didn't need to be loaded up.

It's a Logitech keyboard, a kinda' nice one too...

A:My Delete Key doesn't work anymore!!!

If it's a USB keyboard try reinstalling the drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-delete-key-doesnt-work-anymore.144998/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, for about 2/3 months now, every time I close the Firefox browser, by the time I reopen it, I'll have been logged out of every site I had once been "remembered" by.

I installed the latest version of Firefox today... Still no change.

Any help?

A:Firefox doesn't remember me anymore

With the Firefox browser open select
< Tools
< Options
< Privacy Tab
Then go to the box that says "Clear History when Firefox closes" and uncheck it. Then go through all the other choices eg.Remember my Browsing History for at Least ? number of Days ? or from the pull down menu beside the headline "Firefox will: never remember history " and set to your requirements.
hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-doesnt-remember-me-anymore.144888/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

My CPU heatsink fan doesn't automatically speed up like it used to when the CPU usage stays high for a long period of time.

The stupid decision from my side that I believe might have lead to this problem is this: I wanted to remove dust from the insides of my computer, and since I didn't have a can of air, I used a vaccum cleaner with a hose instead, to suck up all the dust. I put the hose near the heatsink fan blades, making the fan spin crazy fast in hope of getting out the dust.

Is this a unique case of sheer dusting foolishness? Or is this common, and therefore a solution readily available?

I didn't put my specs since I think they're not needed, but I can post them if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

A:CPU fan doesn't automatically speed up anymore.

Welcome to TechSpot

I thought it's recommended to prevent the fan from spinning when vacuuming, so that the high speed doesn't cause damage to the fan bearings.

Have you checked that the fan is still plugged in correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-fan-doesnt-automatically-speed-up-anymore.52488/
Relevancy 51.6%

I used to be able to click shift+printscreen, and then paste it onto a Word file. No more. All that shows now in my Word file is an empty, beige space.

I have WindwsXP.

??

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on a laptop HP Pavilion dv and it was bought anymore work explorer.exe doesn't around february this year My computer automatically installed some updated without explorer.exe doesn't work anymore me noticing and it restarted and everything could the next windows version include an auto-save function for notepad please i lost everything i wrote because i forgot to save And when i logged in again and everything kind of started properly I realized that my wallpaper doesn't show up no icons on the desktop and the toolbar freezes and explorer exe takes cpu without doing anything at all now i can manage without the toolbar but it is quite annoying anyway the security updates i installed are i'll just write the code numbers because i am running windows in swedish KB KB KB KB KB KB and i have not installed service pack yet i didn't have enough space on my disk at first but now i have deleted some files and there should be no problem to install the service pack but when i click on quot start installation quot it just stops at quot preparing installation quot edit i got an error trying to install it currently going to try the stand alone installation everything else runs just fine and i don't see anything suspicious in the Task Manager so it makes me think that it is not a virus does anyone have any ideas thanks for all comments

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/187154-explorer-exe-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently installed Windows 7 on my computer. I had XP already installed on one hard drive and installed 7 on a secondary one.

Everything was going perfectly, Windows 7 was running, I had gotten my files all transfered to the new hard drive, it ran smoothly. But then I reformatted the XP hard drive and now it won't start Windows 7 anymore. I've tried using the DVD to check the install, or reinstall onto the old XP drive, but it tells me there is no System Partition. Now I see this and think maybe I formatted the hard drive wrong. So I use MaxBlaster (it's a Maxtor hard drive) to fix that and remake the XP drive as a System Partition, but still the same thing. Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7 doesn't love me anymore

To confirm: there are two separate drives, correct? Not two partitions on the same drive? (this is important)

The boot files necessary to boot both operating systems were on the XP drive. When you reformatted the XP drive, all these boot files went away. Now, no operating system can boot (there is no boot sector).

This can usually be fixed fairly simply:

Just boot off your install disk, and choose "Repair your computer" in the bottom left of the first install window (don't click "Install now", look in the bottom left corner of that window for "Repair your computer"). The repair utilities will scan your computer for installations of Windows 7. It should find your installation and say something to the effect of: "A Windows installation has been recovered. Please reboot to fully recover this installation....blah blah" Allow it to reboot. Boot off the install disk again, "Repair your computer" again, and this time, your Windows 7 should show up in the list. Click next. Choose "Startup Repair" at the top of the list. The repair utilities will scan for problems and fix what is necessary to be able to boot. Reboot again. You should now be able to boot. If not, simply do the "Startup Repair" one more time (it sometimes takes two tries to fix everything), and it should almost surely be correct now.

Does this solve your problem?

If not, tell me exactly what you did and what happened when you did it, and I will do my best to correct the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/292420/windows-7-doesnt-love-me-anymore/
Relevancy 51.6%

For some odd reason my sound is not working. Please help me.

A:Sound doesn't work anymore

Hi Hyydra

Have you installed anything new recently? Try starting with this guide from Windows Support for finding common sound issues. Message back if that doesn't work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496400/sound-doesnt-work-anymore/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought a new graphics card for my computer, and since then I've updated windows and installed it's drivers.
The problem I have had since buying the video card, is that no USB headset's now work with my computer.

I've tried updating my audio drivers (which doesn't give me any sound at all). To uninstalling and reinstalling drivers for both the headset and the audio itself.
So far nothing has worked, I have full speaker functionality, but no headsets will work, nor will the microphone on my webcam anymore either.
Is there perhaps more I can do?

I have system spec's in my profile, but if there is anything else I should post please let me know.
Thanks!

A:USB headset doesn't work anymore

If your USB ports are working. I would try the easy fix first.

Check your device manager and make sure the headset and driver is loaded and functioning.

In the start search box type "sound" (no quotes) and select sound. Your headset should show up as a device. It should be selected as default. For some apps you have to change this default back and forth because the code in the app is not written for a head set. I'll post a clip of my sound panel but it does not show a headset. I have none on this machine. But if yours is loaded correctly you will have it.

Attachment 231337

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/252355-usb-headset-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I m getting pop ups and can t navigate to anywhere It tries to go internet anymore!! even - doesn't work Help to a goofy search engine but it can t even get there HELP Please Thanks in advance for your help Thanks in advance for your help - popups are killing this PC Please help - lots of junk on this PC - children playing with AOL and IM Thanks in advance for your help I have two PC s that have the trouble Help - internet doesn't even work anymore!! - I will be posting a separate log for that one Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Help - internet doesn't even work anymore!! WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT System hkcmd exe C Program Files Gateway Utilities GWInkMonitor exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbfbmgr exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Hotbar bin WeatherOnTray exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbfbmon exe C WINNT System RUNDLL exe C WINNT javasl exe C WINNT System dqotpvs exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C Program Files BullsEye Network bin bargains exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C WINNT System p exe C WINNT System dnsrslve exe C Program Files Media Pass MediaPass exe C Program Files Hotbar bin Hbinst exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe Help - internet doesn't even work anymore!! C Program Files AIM aim exe C PROGRA ezula mmod exe C PROGRA Web Offer wo exe C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data dees exe C Program Files Media Pass MediaPassK exe C Program Files Greetings Workshop GWREMIND EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINNT system slserv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Web Rebates WebRebates exe C WINNT mfcai exe C WINNT System exdl exe C WINNT System wuauclt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT ssqdn dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINNT about htm R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - BA -CBD -E BE- E -BD AEDA A - C WINNT sdkfd dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolb... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-doesnt-even-work-anymore.339196/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone,

my almost new Portege Z30 doesn't start anymore. There is only one white light flashing - the one for DC/battery - but other than that: nothing happens :(

What can I do?
Thanks for your help and support.
B.K

A:Portege Z30- A-1FL doesn't power up anymore

Sorry to hear that?

Portege Z30 is very nice, good looking Ultrabook and as far as I know the notebook?s battery isn?t removable. Therefore the common workaround like removing the battery and pressing/holding the power button 30 sec long isn?t possible.

Anyway, I guess that notebook?s hardware started to malfunction and the fault localization will not be very easy. Usually the notebook engineer would use a special test and diagnostic software in order to find out what could be exactly wrong.

From my point the issue could be related to memory problem or motherboard malfunction and I guess both parts should be checked for possible issues.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81917-Portege-Z30-A-1FL-doesn-t-power-up-anymore
Relevancy 51.6%

Since today windowscentral app on phone and Laptop doesn't work anymore.
App opens but doesn' load new Content.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441297-why-windowscentral-app-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I uninstalled Ff3.? along with a few addons. I then reinstalled it sans addons . It has been running now for several days and hasn't crashed once!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-doesnt-crash-anymore-319602.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

All of a sudden firefox won't run... i click on it, the icon shines but nothing... the process is not there as well.... anyone can suggest what can it be?

thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-doesnt-start-anymore.1099954/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

today I couldn't boot my vista beta anymore.
I get the message:

File: \Windows\System32\Drivers\PxHlpa64.sys

Info: The image hash cannot be found in the system catalogs. ...

Yesterday I installed DivX, which doesn't seem to be compatible with vista.
Probably that caused the problem. I tried to repair the boot files using
the Vista DVD, but it doesn't work.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

Nico

A:Vista Doesn't Boot Anymore

Hi nri, welcome to BC.You have a driver sig isssue, see the quote from MS below on the fix:Setting the boot configuration. A boot configuration setting is available in the Windows Vista Beta2 release that disables the enforcement of kernel mode signatures to be persisted across boot sessions. Windows Vista includes a command-line tool, BCDedit, which can be used to set the option in Windows Vista Beta2 to disable signature checks. To use BCDedit, the user must be a member of the Administrators group on the system and run the command from an elevated command prompt. An elevated command prompt can be launched by creating a desktop shortcut to cmd.exe, and then using right-click and Run as administrator. The following shows an example of running BDCedit at the command prompt:// Disable enforcement no signing checksBcdedit.exe set nointegritychecks ON // Enable enforcement signing checks applyBcdedit.exe set nointegritychecks OFF // Disabling integrity check on an alternate OS // specified by a GUID for the system IDBcdedit.exe set {4518fd64-05f1-11da-b13e-00306e386aee} nointegritychecks ON These Directions will get you into Windows without having to run the Vista CD recovery Disk.How to Disable Signature Enforcement:Using the F8 option. An F8 Advanced Boot Option introduced with Windows Vista Disable Driver Signature Enforcement is available to disable the kernel-signing enforcement only for the current boot session. This setting does not persist across boot sessions

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58584/vista-doesnt-boot-anymore/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a problem with my cd-writer. I've got a HP 250 G4 Notebook PC. Some days ago, I noticed that my cd-writer doesn't write anymore. I wanted to write an Audio-Cd, but it couldn't work.Strangely, my cd-writer reads CDs and DVDs, but it doesn't write.Is that problem solvable? I look forward to your response. Thank you.OS: Windows 10 (64 bit) Carmelo Martorana 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-cd-writer-doesn-t-write-anymore/td-p/5637704