Windows Support Forum

Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up

Q: Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up

Probably the same issue as this because if you see at the bottom of that topic it describes GT Vista-32-bit, to 8500 start-up Nvidia & unable the Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up blue screen and the memory error I get that too but on start-up the only way I can get this desktop to work is to run it in safe mode or restore back to before I did anything and still had the disabled topic html it didn t let me post the actual link but there s the ending bit I ve had this problem for about a month now and I ve tried updating drivers with newer drivers I ve tried the drivers from the CD Which worked out to be a total disaster in which it made it worse for some reason the basic drivers that I started out with but none of that worked I tried everything in the other topic that was suggested as well but still nothing worked It would be much appreciated if anyone even knew remotely what s wrong or has some kind of solution nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Nvidia 8500 GT & Vista-32-bit, unable to start-up

Sounds like a Faulty Card to me. Send it back to the Manufacterer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-vista-32-bit-unable-to-start-up.138695/
Relevancy 71.38%

O Here's my nbsp dillema nbsp nbsp My HP NVIDIA card HP p n - rev M in my HP Model f Windows Ultimate machine failed nbsp nbsp I replaced it with an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT card p n - asus p n C H that came from a spare HP Replaced HP 8500... NVIDIA failed NVIDIA ASUS card GeForce with Pavillion Model a y Vista machine I had on hand nbsp The initial VID Graphics card failure and susequent replacement caused much havock with Windows and some other stuff ie not booting loading Windows etc and after Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... much effort I was able to get everything loading amp working reasonable well again nbsp nbsp But the problem I'm still nbsp having is with the old drivers removing them and all their remnants and loading the new drivers for the ASUS NVIDIA card that is now in my machine nbsp I've tried normal uninstalls nbsp as well as nbsp the GURU D com DDU Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... uninstall nbsp I think and it appeares that all the old NVIDIA drvers and other software has been uninstalled Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... nbsp because I can not find any of it in the normal locations nbsp nbsp But I am still unable to install the NVIDIA GT drivers for the ASUS card from the NVIDIA site or even the NVIDIA drivers software updates that Windows Update has detected and suggested in Windows updates nbsp The insalls start out fine but soon fail to complete nbsp Evidently I and my brother who was in my machine remotely for a good hours because he is an IT Computer tech and is ten times more knowledgable than I on this are missing something very obscure or embarassingly simple in nbsp our efforts to solve this nbsp nbsp Someone please tell us where we are going wrong nbsp nbsp Thanks

A:Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500...

Mermiatwd, welcome to the forum. I suggest that you try Revo Uninstaller free version to see if it solves you problem.  I use the Advanced option.  It removes the program from the HDD and the remnants from the BIOS.  I have used it for years with great success with removing those difficult to remove programs. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Replaced-failed-HP-NVIDIA-card-with-ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce/td-p/5554604
Relevancy 64.93%

i just went from a 7300 GT to a 8500 GT what can i run now?
I alos have a ACER 22" Lcd Monitor.
im on a AMD Athlon 64 single channel, mobo.
FBS is 1600, ram is 400 fbs.
mobo is gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GA-K8N51GMF-RH.
HDD i have 4 of them.
1.320gb vista home premium.
2.250gb Win XP Pro.
3&4sata raid spanning 400gb & 160gb =980GBs.
dual dvd-rw drives\w lightscribe.
id like to post a pic if i can.
thanks for leting me post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt.81650/
Relevancy 64.93%

What is the Nvidia 8500, 8600 comparative too? Are they better than an 7900, 7950?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-8500.610080/
Relevancy 64.07%

my gaming card has stopped working i don't know if it has crashed but my monitor does not turn on when i connect it to it. Can i get it fixed somewhere or do i have to buy a new one?

A:My Nvidia 8500 gt 512 ain't workin

i am living in pakistan, rawalpindi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-nvidia-8500-gt-512-aint-workin.137312/
Relevancy 64.07%

Guys for some reason when i had my 7800 GT it was an awesome graphics card and it was really amazing and it blows my 8500 into the dust. I really dont know why i mean cause the 7800 GT is old now and it was pretty expensive but still runs games pretty good, but my 8500 runs a game pretty decent but not was well as my 7800 did. Guys can someone please help me out and explain to me the difference between the two and why one is better and one is not. I'm considering returning it and waiting for a better graphics card than the 8800 Ultra.

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT

In addition...

When is the best time to buy a PC. By time i mean when new parts come out in a certain month and when prices are low

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8500-gt.82761/
Relevancy 64.07%

I recently had an 7800 GT and after two years of use it had a **** load of artifacts and i needed a new graphics card. I got a new graphics card and now in a couple of weeks it started to get artifacts as well. Well guys what else do you think may cause this problem? Dust? PCI-E slot? please help me out

I took pictures of my artifacts they're like the exact same as last time

A:Nvidia 8500 GT- artifacts

May sound stupid but do you have the latest drivers installed. Makes a huge difference sometimes.

Some games no matter how hard you try just don't like a PC. Take Shellshock Nam67 for example.... its always looked like you pics. On my old PC or my new one. whatever GPU - so try a different game?

Chec its the GPU is not overheating using nTune - (search on google)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-artifacts.83108/
Relevancy 63.21%

Yesterday i was playing World of Warcraft and the screen started flashing then turned black I could hear the sound playing but no video and keyboard i had to restart my pc WTF ok after restarting and booting widows logo the screen turned off again i couldn't do log in to my pc I went to safe mode and uninstalled Nvidia drivers then started windows normally and there was no black screen and i could log in to my pc But i couldn't play World of Warcraft because i had no drivers installed F CK I tryed updating my drivers but it kept doing the same nothing helped Its drivers problem I was playing WoW for few weeks with windows and everything was perfect not a single error but now from no where appeared drivers problem O o wtf can someone help me plz I have Nvidia GeForce GT Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor GHz gb ram bit operating system I have windows Professional RTM installed Plz help P S sorry for my GT WoW plz Nvidia problem!!! And GeForce 8500 help!!! bad english and im newbie first time posting in forum

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT And WoW problem!!! plz help!!!

Please watch your language alright? No need for it. I can understand your frustration. First off what driver are you using? I'm also curious as to where you obtained your Win 7 Pro RTM ISO from? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/40266-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-wow-problem-plz-help.html
Relevancy 63.21%

okay so i have the above mentioned video card and vindows 7. i have the tv connected to my computer using the s-video 2 slot on the computer. but i cant figure out how to configure the computer to use tv display >.< i am very new to win 7 can someone help me out?

A:nvidia geforce 8500 gt connect to tv win 7

Okay new I figured out how to get it to display now i just cant figure out a setting that will work the way i want it to, does anyone know what setting im looking for?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/16752-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-connect-tv-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

i recently put a computer together heres the specs Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB during GT Freezes 8500 Nvidia games RAM Hard Drive GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Plug Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games and Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games Play Nvidia 8500 GT Freezes during games Monitor Sound Card Realtek HD Audio output Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr w max Power Supply ok so i just got it finished and everything works fine but when i try to play example Half life it plays for about minute then the screen locks up and the texture quality drops and little squares of every color like pop up everywhere the pattern and colors are different everytime i try it as is the time it takes to do it then i have to restart the computer through the tower All my drivers are up to date and when it does it my temperature gauge on the front of my tower doesnt increase or anything strange i honestly dont know what it is im just assuming its the graphics card because of the way the screens colors appear when it freezes PLEASE HELP ME thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

What is the normal running voltage for the Nvidia 8500 GT? When I check the Nvidia Monitor program it says under the voltages section PCI-E 1.400v and has a red square next to it. I noticed that when I brought my ram up to its optimum voltage level its square changed from red to green.

Should I increase the voltage to the GPU? If so, to what value?

A:BFG Nvidia Geforce 8500 gt voltage

Well Dave, many times red means too much voltage instead of too little. I'm not sure of the setting here, but I would suggest proceeding with great caution. If GPUs are like most CPUs in their voltage requirements, then 1.4 volts seems a tad on the high side, but that's just a guess..

Maybe another member will have a more definite answer for you, so hang loose for a while.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bfg-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-voltage.112219/
Relevancy 63.21%

ON my BFG graphics card there is an HDTV TV OUT port on it. It also came with an HDTV breakout cable. I have an Xbox 360 Elite and there are 2 sets of audio video cables. The RED,WHITE,YELLOW cable and the BLUE,GREEN,RED HD cable. The colours on the HDTV breakout cable match the colours on the XBOX's HD cables so i figured they mite work. Do any of you know if i will be able to connect my Xbox 360 to my flat screen monitor?

A:BFG nvidia 8500 GT graphics card

The Blue, Red and Green cables are component video cards, capable of carrying a HD signal. The Red and White of the other cable are for the left and right audio channels, and the Yellow is composite video, good for non HD signals.

If you are trying to use the cables to connect the computer or the XBOX to a TV or to a monitor that has component or composite connections on the back of it then they will work with either device.

But if you are trying to connect the XBOX through the computer to display on the monitor then that won't work. You'd need to have a video card or separate PCI card that supports TV input not just output.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bfg-nvidia-8500-gt-graphics-card.672595/
Relevancy 62.78%

First I apologize for the double-post There is a duplicate thread in the quot Graphics Cards quot forum I have Windows bit installed on install Can't GT for GeForce drivers 8500 nVidia an ASUS P RD -VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce GT graphics card I have tried numerous times to install the Windows bit Driver from manufacture site but when it tries to install the drivers I get an error message saying quot No drivers were found that work with your device Setup will now close quot I don't get this I'm on that graphics card right now in Windows and typing this thread Also in Device Manager there is no quot Display Adapter quot listed I can't Can't install drivers for nVidia GeForce 8500 GT seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either I've already solved the problem of my sound not working SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio and this is the last thing I need to get Windows working for a REAL test run How can I get these drivers installed Any help is appreciated

A:Can't install drivers for nVidia GeForce 8500 GT

Quote: Originally Posted by fragment137

First, I apologize for the double-post. There is a duplicate thread in the "Graphics Cards" forum..

I have Windows 7 32bit installed on an ASUS P5RD1-VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce 8500 GT graphics card.

I have tried numerous times to install the Windows 7 (32bit) Driver from manufacture site, but when it tries to install the drivers, I get an error message saying "No drivers were found that work with your device. Setup will now close."

I don't get this! I'm on that graphics card right now, in Windows 7, and typing this thread...

Also, in Device Manager, there is no "Display Adapter" listed.... I can't seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either....

I've already solved the problem of my sound not working (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio) and this is the last thing I need to get Windows 7 working for a REAL test run!

How can I get these drivers installed?!
Any help is appreciated

Hi fragment and welcome

thanks for letting us know about the dup post.

Sometimes a win 7 driver isnt 100% and using a vista driver installed in compatibility mode works. to install in compatibilty mode right click the installer and go to properties>compatibility>check vista
Hope it helps

Kenn J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43025-cant-install-drivers-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys

So i have had a Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT for a while now, and it's worked fine until a few days ago. When i try to turn my monitor on it says that i am not getting a signal. i have tried 2 monitors and i can still use the inboard graphics card to see what's on my monitor although most of the files for it's use are gone.

if anyone could give me some hints on if it's the graphics card, the mobo, or the PCI-e slot, I'd really appreciate the help.

thanks

A:Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT mystery error

Can you give the rest of your system's specs?

Also, if you have another computer with a PCI-e slot, try the video card in it and see if it works there, or put a different video card into your current computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-mystery-error.138423/
Relevancy 62.78%

i wanted to install my nvidia geforce 8500 video driver in windows 2000 but there are no compatible drivers for it.i tryed searching for nvidia forceware but there is nothing compatible.please help?

A:windows 2000 and my nvidia geforce 8500

Creating a driver for a modern video card is a major undertaking which only the manufacturer will do. If Nvidia doesn't list a driver it is highly likely that none exists. Windows 2000 currently has very small user base and writing a driver for it is not worth the effort. You could try an XP driver but I doubt it would work.If you must use Windows 2000 you will need to obtain a compatible video card.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-and-my-nvidia-geforce-8500/66079.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a 8500GT Graphics card
On my Acer flat screen monitor (viewing area 33.5cm across x 27cm down) circles do not appear round, except at a resolution of 1280x1024 where the text on menu & tool bars, dektop icon descriptions, etc appear tiny, almost impossible to read.
All other resolutions circles appear as ovals.
I have set the screen font size to 96dpi as a result of this advice:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=kb402728
Any advice to have this problem solved will be appreciated.

A:Circles are not round - NVIDIA GE FORCE 8500 GT

Your link appears to be broken.

If the circles are proportional at 1280 x 1024, they should be proportional also at 1024 x 768, 800 x 600 and 640 x 480.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/circles-are-not-round-nvidia-ge-force-8500-gt.678958/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I recently got a projector from a friend and im trying to setup dual screen.

First of all im a bit confused by the Graphics Card itself. I looked for pictures of the card which my computer recognizes as a nVidia GeForce 8500 GT and none have a HDMI port but mine does. So i opened the case and the card has ATI and Foxconn written on it but nothing with nVidia on it.

I have a HDMI to VGA cable which im trying to use to go to my monitor but when i plug it in while switched on i get nothing on the monitor but the projector still works and if i plug it in then boot I get no output on my monitor and just just a black screen and the mouse pointer on my monitor.

I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Relevancy 62.78%

I have Windows 7 32bit installed on an ASUS P5RD1-VM mobo with an nVidia Geforce 8500 GT graphics card.

I have tried numerous times to install the Windows 7 (32bit) Driver from manufacture site, but when it tries to install the drivers, I get an error message saying "No drivers were found that work with your device. Setup will now close."

I don't get this! I'm on that graphics card right now, in Windows 7, and typing this thread...

Also, in Device Manager, there is no "Display Adapter" listed.... I can't seem to find any evidence of a generic display driver either....

I've already solved the problem of my sound not working (SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio) and this is the last thing I need to get Windows 7 working for a REAL test run!

How can I get these drivers installed?!

Any help is appreciated

A:nVidia GeForce 8500 GT, drivers won't install

Download the driver from NVIDIA's site.

You might need a bios update for the motherboard if there is no standard vga in the display adapter section of the device manager. Install the latest one.

Also in the bios, disable all unused ports like floppy, serial, parallel, com.... etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/43010-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-drivers-wont-install.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I have nvida 8500 gt and the problem is that my screen goes white after using it for sometime, when I remove the card, it works fine.. I have the latest drivers installed but that doeesn't fix this problem... I have a dual core 2 gb ram, intel...please help!

A:Nvidia 8500 GT, Windows 7 white screen

I would gather Nivida 8500gt. I s going bad. It might be time for a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-8500-gt-windows-7-white-screen.197721/
Relevancy 61.92%

My computer recently crashed while on a screen-saver and since then I could not boot into windows except in safe card has 8500 Graphics NVIDIA stopped working!! mode However after a bit of reading I managed to pin down the problem it seems to be the NVIDIA GeForce GT Graphics card or drivers this is the card which came with my PC and has never given me any problems until now I know this is the problem because I uninstalled the NVIDIA display driver and then when I booted back up windows started working again - BUT ONLY WITH THE BASIC PC DRIVERS - NO GRAPHICS CARD Once I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers I tried doing this from windows auto update AND NVIDIA's website it has to restart in order to fully install and then back to square one it doesn't boot into windows - just gets to the windows NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! loading bar - then black screen and then restarts - no error messages nothing Does NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! anyone know how to fix this NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!! Is this a driver problem or is it the actual NVIDIA graphics card And if it's not the card then why won't the drivers work BTW I am using VISTA Home Premium bit Here is my system details http support thetechguys com layout aspx ID b a - cb - ce -ae - aa b a amp CatID a -b f- fbe- a -c d fb

A:NVIDIA 8500 Graphics card has stopped working!!

Hmmm, can you try someone elses card?

It most likely is the card, based on age of the card.

Try testing your card using the memtestg80 program from here:
[email protected] - DownloadUtils
It might njot work as you don't have the drivers in , but its worth a try.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285330-nvidia-8500-graphics-card-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I play counter strike 1.6, and was using a geforce 6100 integrated which posed no problems. this card also ran half-life 2. i tried however to run half-life 2 episode 1 and the game lagged. not much, but enough to ruin playing the game. so i installed a geforce 8500 gt i had lying around. upon trying hl2 e1 again all lagging had disappeared, but im seeing high resolution graphic gritches both in the game menu and the maps themselves. this problem is also effecting counter-strike 1.6 in the same way.
any ideas anyone?
Windows Xp pro sp2
Ecs Geforce6100pm-m2 v2.0 mb
amd athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.21GHz
1 gb ram

A:Recently installed Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT problems

Well, there's three things I would check:

#1 - Make sure that you're using the newest drivers from Nvidia's website.

#2 - Even though the 8500 is a relatively low-power card, it still requires a 300watt PSU with 18amps on the 12v rail. If your PC is underpowered, it can cause glitches.

#3 - What are the temperatures of the card when operating? You can check these in the Nvidia control panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recently-installed-nvidia-geforce-8500-gt-problems.803881/
Relevancy 61.49%

My computer recently crashed while on a screen-saver and since then I could not boot into windows except in safe mode However after a bit of reading I managed to pin down the problem it seems to be the NVIDIA GeForce GT Graphics card or drivers this is the card which Working! Has / Card Graphics Driver Stopped Nvidia 8500 came with my PC and Nvidia 8500 Graphics Card / Driver Has Stopped Working! has never given me any problems until now I know this is the problem because I uninstalled the NVIDIA display driver and then when I booted back up windows started working again - BUT ONLY WITH THE BASIC PC DRIVERS - NO GRAPHICS CARD Once I updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers I tried doing this from windows Nvidia 8500 Graphics Card / Driver Has Stopped Working! auto update AND NVIDIA s website it has to restart in order to fully install and then back to square one it doesn t boot into windows - just gets to the windows loading bar - then black screen and then restarts - no error messages nothing Does anyone know how to fix this Is this a driver problem or is it the actual NVIDIA graphics card And if it s not the card then why won t the drivers work BTW I am using VISTA Home Premium bit Here is my full system details http support thetechguys com layout aspx ID b a - cb - ce -ae - aa b a amp CatID a -b f- fbe- a -c d fb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-8500-graphics-card-driver-has-stopped-working.964033/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am wanting to use the subject items in an actual functioning system. Any suggestions at all. I accept my ignorance and will answer any questions. Do not be afraid that they may be too simplistic, it is quite likely that I missed something small.

A:Integrated GPU and PCI tandem operation of three monitors (Inspiron 570 BIOS A06 Nvidia GEForce 8500 GT)

You cant EVER use onboard with PCI-E GPU.  This is an unsupported video configuration.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19995506
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I m having in Vista I was trying to navigate to a webpage in Chrome and then webpages started to up Windows Vista. error Start message producing to Unable recovery start refuse to load past a Unable to start Windows Vista. Start up recovery producing error message certain point e g the tab would show the page s title but the tab itself would be entirely blank When this happened my computer started to freeze for periods of time after which it would do whatever I had told it to e g I clicked the quot x quot to close Chrome which it did after several minutes for about a second then freeze again I Unable to start Windows Vista. Start up recovery producing error message decided to restart the PC by holding down the power button When I turned the PC back on I got the screen saying that one or more of my disks needed to be checked for errors but I told it to skip the disk check bad idea I know but I was in a terrible mood at the time and wasn t thinking too straight The computer then froze on that screen so I restarted it again After restarting it the startup repair program ran as Windows would not start and took a while checking for errors before asking whether I want to run system restore which I do After running system restore it gives me an error message saying quot The instruction at x e e referenced memory at x The memory could not be read quot I then click on quot OK quot and the computer goes to a screen with six recovery tools on it Startup Repair System Restore Windows Complete PC Restore Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Command Prompt and Recovery Manager Startup repair just does the same thing as I ve described above and when I run System Restore it gives me an error message saying that System Restore did not complete successfully with these details quot System restore failed due to an unspecified error The file exists x quot Now I have since restarted my PC again and gotten both error messages again The first number in the first error message seems to change it originally said quot x e e quot but the second time it was quot x e quot but the other numbers stay the same the second one in the first error message is always quot x quot and the number in the system restore error message is always quot x quot The PC in question is an HP laptop running Windows Vista which is up to date I have also run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool which did not find any errors Do you have any ideas as to what the problem is and how to solve it Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Unable to start Windows Vista. Start up recovery producing error message

Do you get Blue Screens when this happens?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-windows-vista-start-up-recovery-producing-error-message.158598/
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently re-installed WinXP, and then proceeded to download the drivers I needed from Dell.com.

I restarted after installing one driver, and now the computer will not go past the power-on stage. I hit the power button, the capslock/numlock/scrolllock lights flash, then it just sits there with fans spinning doing nothing. The display doesn't even turn on.

It doesn't seem to respond to pressed keys (ie F2, F8 or delete).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jordan

A:Dell Inspiron 8500 will NOT start up

I would try to reset the system by removing all power, including the battery, for an hour.

It really sounds like more of a hardware than a software problem if you are not getting any display or keyboard functionality from the git-go.

I would contact Dell support regardless of whether the system is under warranty for their input.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-8500-will-not-start-up.404491/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi!
I'm having trouble starting my Dell XPS 8500.  The green PSU light turns on, but when I press the power on button, blinks in white and turns off. Then blinks in white again and turns off and continues doing that.
Also it sounds like something is trying to start inside.
I attached a simple video of its behavior.
Thanks a lot!

A:Dell XPS 8500 Wont Start

Hello Nice to hear from you. Looks to be a loose connection of one of the memory modules. These issues do happen and nothing to worry about. Should it happen in future do give us a shout. It was pleasure serving you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682889
Relevancy 55.47%

Dear, I have aSamsung 2TB SATA (7200 Rpm) + 32GB SSD (Intel SRT) (2013) an until last weeks it worked fine under windows 10.
Last days it has the difficulty to start up.  Gives message
Name-Dev_cache  Level-RAID0(Cache) Strip-128KB  Size- 29.8Gb  Status-Disabled  Bootable-No
Every time after 3 times trial it is starting perfectly, giving System Boor failor at Checkpoint 00B2
Then it is working perfect until I stop and start again.  Again needs 3 trials.
Any help is welcome !!!
PS I know XPS 8500 it is not tested for windows 10 but it was working since the realease of win10

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992850
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Yesturday night I happened to accidentally hit a button in the Start Menu the nasty 'lock' sign I believe it was Either way my computer was shut down and now I'm unable to start it properly Alright my computer technically starts I can hear my machine working whenever I turn it on but the to start. unable x64, Vista flashy lights around the Start buttons aren't flashing anymore and I figured that must be a bad sign The screen is still black even Vista x64, unable to start. though the machine is running any attempt to start it is welcomed with a mocking 'No Signal' reply I find this outmost strange I have literally tried every button on the keyboard but still my computer doesn't respond The machine is running but it's obviously doing nothing as if it is locked down or something I have checked all the cables x times but I cannot find anything out of the ordinary I have even reattached them on multiple occassions in hope for a positive answer And well my computer skill is rather poor and around this field especially it's next to non existant which is basically why I post here for help Posting on my Laptop as it is my stationary that is bugged Any help you can give regarding this matter would be most welcome and thanks in advance for any help

A:Vista x64, unable to start.

Hello SinerAthin,
Do you have a Vista DVD/CD ?, if you do, you can carry out a repair install.

Repair Install For Vista

You can also try a system restore from this repair option too.

Give it a go and post your results, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261398-vista-x64-unable-start.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm running Windows Vista on my Gateway PC which is less than years old I had Unable to Vista start not really had any issues until the past couple weeks when i started having problems with my pc crashing After checking a few forums it sounded like many people had the same issue and that making sure all of the drivers Unable to start Vista are up to date sometime alleviated the issue So last night i updated all my drivers and things appeared to be Unable to start Vista working fine After a couple hours my system crashed and i have not been able to get back into windows at all When i boot i get a few of the standard messages and Unable to start Vista the microsoft loading bar appears as it usually would but the screen is a bit choppy with black and white bars across it If i let is proceed the next screen is black with blue bars covering the remaining portions of the screen Nothing more happens at this point If i reboot and hit F i get to the system recovery options of which i have run most of them to no avail I used the Startup Repair but it didn't repair anything I had tried the system restore to a prior point but still get the same screens of which i can no longer do as i have since used Recovery Manager I can't do a Windows Complete PC Restore because i have no original disks Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool finds no issues I used bit Recovery Manager and all appeared to be going fine as far as restoring original software back up data was the option i used But once that finished and the system tried to start up again i got the same results with the same choppy screens as above Command Prompt is the only option i have not gone into but without knowing what to do at the command prompt it is useless to me When Start Up Repair runs but say it cannot repair this computer automatically The details that come out of this are Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature FailureDuringSetup Problem Signature FailureDuringSetup Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature OS Version Locale ID I have a feeling this is a video issue as it appears to start loading windows properly but i really have no clue what to do next any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Unable to start Vista

I am just another poster to the forum but I have a couple things you may try. Have you tried to come up in safe mode which limits drivers that are loaded? Also have you double checked your cable connections between your PC and display. Try taking them off and reseating them to see if you still have the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-vista-517123.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Ok my daughter wants to play DAoC so she got a GeForce video card - PCIe She has an eMachines T with everything else stock except the video card and GB memory When pc boots we get a new hardware found for a PCI to PCI Bridge looking for drivers - can t find it on the eMachines site and I don t know where to go from here CPU Intel Pentium Processor Hyper-Threading and Intel EM T Technology Operates at GHz MB L cache MHz FSB Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress Memory GB DDR GB MHz PC Hard Drive GB PATA rpm Optical Drive DVD RW x Multiformat Dual-Layer Optical Drive Media Reader High-Performance -in- Digital Media Manager amp PCI-Express PCI-E x slot available w GeForce Also need to change affinity for the games dll service It won t let me Can anyone help I have the latest drivers from both eMachines and XFX - Thanks Brenda nbsp

A:GeForce 8500 & Vista & eMachine

What is DAoc?

Also Make sure to turn off the onboard video card.

did you go to nvidia site to download drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-8500-vista-emachine.666092/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

I want to update the drivers for my GTX260 graphics card.
I downloaded the appropriate driver for my OS, Vista Home premium 64 bit (OEM):
Driver: 182.06_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_whgl.
But when I try to run the driver application I get the following error:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.Check your computer's system information to see wether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact your software publisher".

I have the same problem with 64bit NVidia networkcontrollers.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

stefan

System: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, 8GB RAM, Geforce GTX260, Asus P5N-D (nForce 750ichipset)
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1 (OEM)

A:Unable to install 64bit NVidia drivers on Vista 64bit

I was just wondering if this could be just an installer problem.
The filesize of 182.06_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_whql is just 22kb.
I noticed on another site (64bit and x64) they have a download of the same driver that is a 100 MB.

Is anyone familiar with start64.com? Can I safely download the NVidia drivers
from there?

And do I really need to install 64bit versions of the driver or can I just as well install the 32 bit version of the same driver (even though my OS is 64 bit) ???

Any help would be much appreciated!

stefan

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/215155-unable-install-64bit-nvidia-drivers-vista-64bit.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Please help...

When trying to install anything on my computer it just hangs. In Administrative tools I am unable to start Window Installer services. When I try to manually start I get error code 1053. Many probable solutions I find online all require me to run programs like Hijackthis but without windows installer functioning I am unable to launch the programs. Any thoughts or probable fixes?

Thanks in advance

Jusagee

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-unable-to-start-windows-installer.976993/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I'm sorry if this has been covered before but I'm new to the forums.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop that I have had to reinstall from the recovery Cd as I had a full computer crash. I believe it was down to an unsuccessful driver update.

When restarting in any mode f8 f12 etc I get to the Windows load Page running in the middle of the screen and then I get blue Page flash up quickly with an error message..... After several attempts to read it I think I have seen that I have a driver load conflict for nvida?

As I have tried ALL options Safe mode last good configuration etc.... To no avail, I'm now a little stuck.... It now won't load in Safe mode either?

I can get into the cmd promt but I'm totally at a loss as what to do there!

Can anyone help?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/296811-vista-unable-start-have-driver-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Good day all, I am currently struggling with my Toshiba Satellite L300, running Windows Vista 32-bit sp2.

On powering the laptop up, it instantly brings up Windows error recovery screen. All options, including safe mode, fail to work and lead to the windows boot manager screen.

The information shown on here is

File: \Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys
Info: windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

I have tried booting from the recovery disk but this is unable to repair.

Is there any advice someone who had encountered this problem before could offer? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Rob

A:Windows Vista unable to start or recover

If it helps, this only occurred after a period of automatic updates failing to install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481819/windows-vista-unable-to-start-or-recover/
Relevancy 52.89%

Aloha!
When I woke up this morning... Vista would not load.

1. It automatically goes into the Startup Repair mode, and that has no effect.
2. The System restore does not restore back to a point earlier in time.
3. Within the System Recovery Options, there is no option to open a command prompt.

- I would love to view/copy my files from C: drive to an external hard drive.
- I do not have the original OS disk(s).

Is there a way that I can get Windows to open?
Or, is there a way to open a command prompt and save my files remaining on C:?
Or, is there a way to do this from BIOS?
Or, is there a way to run an OS from a boot disk, yet view/copy my files from C:?

Oh, woe is me. TIA for any insight whatsoever.
Cheers,
~D

A:[SOLVED] Startup repair unable to start Vista

Hey have you tried booting in safe mode?

Code:
- Tap F8 when the PC is booting
- Choose "Safe Mode" from the list
If that doesn't work then you can use a LiveDisk to boot into an OS to copy/view your files, I tend to suggest either:
- BartPE; www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
Or
- Knoppix; www.knoppix.org/

BartPE requires Windows XP Installation files (e.g. an XP disk), but knoppix just comes as an ISO image to burn to disk(Or USB Stick)...

Both the sites have instructions on getting them set up.

You may also be able to find the problem from BartPE...

Post back for more help

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-startup-repair-unable-to-start-vista-268798.html
Relevancy 52.89%

There is a Microsoft Fix It for this but it does not work.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks

ps TSG Sysinfo would not run.
Machine is a Medion Vista Laptop, 120 GB Hard Drive 2 GB Ram.
Uses Firefox for internet.

Relevancy 52.46%

I have just purchased a new PC with Windows Vista. My previous PC ran XP. I have installed my Canon CanoScan 8000F scanner using the original installation CD. Everything seems to be working except Toolbox. When I press the copier button on the front of the scanner, Toolbox dialogue box opens ok. But then I get a window with an error message which reads "CanoScan Toolbox has stopped working - Windows is checking for a solution to this problem", then a second window opens which reads "A problem caused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". I have tried to re-install the driver from the CD but to no avail.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello there I recently purchased a new laptop and it came loaded with Vista Home Premium bit and I've had difficulty 8500 premium Vista Katana on home DLX Sanyo scp 64bit getting my mobile broadband device to work with it properly I have a Sanyo Katana DLX SCP This device worked excellently under windows xp Now that I'm forced to use Vista I am unable to locate a driver for the bit version It seems that there is support for the bit version of Vista just not the bit version I tried to contact sanyo but they refer me to sprint When I call sprint they tell me that there is already a driver Their support staff seem unable to understand the bit version will not work on my version of windows I have called several times already and each time I call I am disapointed because I am unable to get my devices to work properly The last time I called they told me to wait for the latest version of Sprint Smart View That is the software used to access their Sanyo Katana DLX scp 8500 on Vista home premium 64bit broadband network Well It just came out I downloaded it and still no joy I am at my wits end Could someone please help me get this device to work You will be my hero forever Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated I am hoping there is a workaround or a modification I can do to get it to work Thanx in advance to anyone who reads and responds

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/155191-sanyo-katana-dlx-scp-8500-vista-home-premium-64bit.html
Relevancy 52.03%

unable to start the blue tooth stack service vista

A:unable to start the blue tooth stack service vista

More info? System specs? Specs of any Bluetooth devices that are involved in this issue.
What is this - an error message that you receive, or a description of a problem that you're having?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-the-blue-tooth-stack-service-vista-490795.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello My computer is no longer able to start Windows I'm running Windows Vista on a Dell Dimension E Startup Repair is unable to fix my problems Here's the info it gave Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature NoRootCause Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature WrpRepair Problem Signature OS Version Locale ID I had been able to boot into SafeMode but now it seems to be stalling after Windows System Driver aswRvrt sys It was also freezing often for start, to problems will not unable Repair Windows System Vista fix several weeks before this happened but I had be unable to find a reason for that I also checked and it says there is no System Restore point for me to use Help Update Ran StartupRepair again and have slightly different results this time Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Windows Vista will not start, System Repair unable to fix problems Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause Problem Signature NoRootCause Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature WrpRepair Problem Signature OS Version Locale ID

A:Windows Vista will not start, System Repair unable to fix problems

I am no expert on Vista but it sounds like you could have hard drive problems, in which case your first priority is to recover any data you have on this drive.

I suggest that you create a self-booting copy of Linux, which will run off a CD, to determine if your HD can be accessed and data recovered to external storage. There is a very good and clear tutorial here on how to create a self booting copy of Puppy Linux -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561869/how-to-create-a-secure-multi-session-puppy-cd-with-updatable-firefox-browser/

This will not turn your computer into a Linux machine - running Puppy by itself makes no change to your computer at all as it runs entirely in RAM. When it has booted you will see icons for your hard drives and partitions. They will have names like sda1, sda 2 and so on. You need to click on these to 'mount' them (ie make them active) then you can use Puppy's file manager to look for your data and move it to somewhere safe - USB memory stick, external HD, wherever.

Once your data is safe further steps to repair this computer can be considered.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596289/windows-vista-will-not-start-system-repair-unable-to-fix-problems/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, Im unable to make Windows recognise my Keboard and the Mouse has trouble starting showing Error Code 10 in Device Manager.

Please note that there is no Keyboard entry in Device Manager.

Few recent modifications and procedures I have made I have made:

1)Uninstalled VMware
2) Removed few Infections via MSE
3) Edited Registry (HKLM\...Control\Class\{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]) to include only kbdclass
4) Ran System Look for the said entry
5) Ran ComboFix to create a Log
6) Ran Mini ToolBox
7) Ran DDS

The only thing I dint try is System Restore and Safe Boot. This is because, the person at the other end doesnt know how to perform it and that I may loose Connectivity

Although Im not physically present to troubleshhot..Ill try to do as u say via TeamViewer

The keyboard seems to light up when in boot..but Windows doesnt recognise it.

Thankx

A:Vista no Keyboard and Unable to start Mouse(Error Code:10)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
=http://www.bleepstatic.com/images/site/icons/steps/step1.gif In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/488630 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488630/vista-no-keyboard-and-unable-to-start-mouseerror-code10/
Relevancy 52.03%

I am using Windows Home Basic with Service pack 1 & 2 installed. When I click on the help & support in the menu, and anywhere else, I get: 'Help & Support was unable to start' Any ideas please, thank you

A:Solved: Help & Support was unable to start (Vista Home Basic)

Perhaps the System File Checker can fix that.

IMO you get results as good and usually better by doing a web search rather than bothering with Help & Support.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-support-was-unable-to-start-vista-home-basic.1142783/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi and thank you for reading my post I was advised to create in 64 constant reboot Windows start loop, Vista to unable stuck a new thread by InadequateInfirmity with reference to this threadhttp www bleepingcomputer com forums Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start t cannot-run-exe-files-in-windows-vista- -home-edition page- My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start on a brand new Acer Aspire laptop purch ased in and just opened and used for the first time a few weeks ago We were able to run through many Antivirus procedures but did not find any serious infections Then upon trying to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform windows all repair procedure the laptop became stuck in a start up loop where I get a black screen with a large white arrow before it reboots and repeats I cannot access any safe mode and the only way I can enter windows is from f then selecting last known good configuration which boots into safe mode I cannot connect with the Internet through safe mode I tried each of the options in f including disable auto restart on system failure but it still continued with the reboot loop We performed a check disk but that didn't determine any problems Windows start up repair also did not find any problems However even after doing system restore with multiple points the start up boot problem still remains My laptop did not come with a system restore back up disc and I do not know what to do Please advise on what I can do to correct this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you and best regards Hope I posted in the correct thread I am having a bit of difficulty learning how to use my Samsung tab I apologize for the inconvenience

A:Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start

You are posting in the correct thread; please go to the top right hand corner of this page and click on Follow This Topic.  This way you will be notified of new responses to this thread.

You will need access to a working PC and a USB drive (stick type would be fine).
 FIRST >>>>
Download MCShield to your desktop and install it.
It will initially run a scan and show the result as a toaster by the system clock
Then in the control centre select scanner and tick unhide items on flash drives
Plug in the drive and McShield will start a scan
Select logs and then copy/paste it to your next post
Also, copy the MCShield install file to the USB drive to transfer it to the laptop.

SECOND >>>>
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64bit and save it to your USB drive. 

Remove the drive and plug it into your laptop (once it is booted into Safe Mode). 

Install MCShield.exe on the laptop (this is to protect your systems from USB sourced malware).

Copy the FRST64.exe file to the laptop Desktop from the USB drive and run it .
Right click the FRST file on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator..." (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
If an update is available, the program will inform you and download the update.  Allow it do this please.
Once the tool shows "The tool is ready to use." message, please press the Scan button.
It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
Please copy and paste log back here.
The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
In this case you will have to copy the log files (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) from the laptop onto the USB drive and then transfer them to the working system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616703/windows-vista-64-stuck-in-constant-reboot-loop-unable-to-start/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys My Sony Vaio laptop with Vista home is completely unable to start safe mode or otherwise Instead I m brought to a screen that tells me windows was unable to start and given the option to use startup repair or start windows any startup to BSOD repair in running unable mode, gives start Vista normally The latter obviously doesn t work leaving me stuck on a windows loading screen ad infinitum Using startup repair gave me an option to use restore points the first three times However now I am given the stop code x with four Vista unable to start in any mode, running startup repair gives BSOD similar but longer codes following This issue seemed to arise randomly but I did improperly power off my laptop after the last time I used the laptop I have not installed any new hardware or left anything connected to the laptop Please help I have to use this laptop urgently for scholarship applications and would prefer not to wipe the drive although not out of the question Thanks for any advice it help nbsp

A:Vista unable to start in any mode, running startup repair gives BSOD

Test the hard drive first to get that out of the way before trying anything else, since trying to fix anything with a hard drive that's failed is pointless. You will need the drive maker's Diagnostic Software for DOS, & the links are here:
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (if your drive maker does not have diagnostic software (eg Toshiba), you can use the Seagate software SeaTools for DOS from here: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/

The DOS version is an ISO file from which you can create a bootable CD using IMGBurn: http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/

Boot your faulty laptop from the CD to test the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-unable-to-start-in-any-mode-running-startup-repair-gives-bsod.1040471/
Relevancy 51.6%

Please remove this post I think I mistakenly double posted Sorry for the inconvenience Hi and thank you for reading my post I was advised to create a new thread by InadequateInfirmity with reference to this threadhttp www bleepingcomputer com forums t cannot-run-exe-files-in-windows-vista- -home-edition page- My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition on a brand new Acer Aspire laptop purch ased in and just opened and used for the first time a few weeks ago We were able to run through many Antivirus procedures but did not find any serious infections Then upon trying to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform windows all repair procedure the laptop became stuck in a start up loop where I get a black screen with a large white arrow before it reboots and repeats I cannot access any safe mode and the only way I can enter windows is from f then selecting last known good configuration which boots into safe mode I cannot reboot constant 64 start in unable to Windows loop, Vista stuck connect with the Internet through safe mode I tried each of the options in f including disable auto restart on system failure but it still continued with the reboot loop We performed a check disk but that didn't determine any problems Windows start up repair also did not find any problems However even after doing system restore with multiple points the start up boot problem still remains My laptop did not come with a system restore back up disc and I Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start do not know what to do Please advise on what I can Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start do to correct this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you and best regards

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616702/windows-vista-64-stuck-in-constant-reboot-loop-unable-to-start/
Relevancy 51.6%

How do I re-install windows vista Have OS disc windows will not load at all full up system anything..want to start Unable to BSOD do restore. wont do Vista under F safe mode dont work system restore wont open nothing does disc wont start up when i reboot without pushing any buttons screen comes up says WINDOWS ERROR RECOVERY and i have the option of LAUNCH STARTUP REPAIR or START WINDOWS NORMALLY startup repair just restarts my computer and Vista wont start up BSOD Unable to do anything..want to do full system restore. if i start windows normally it Vista wont start up BSOD Unable to do anything..want to do full system restore. shows the MICROSOFT CORPORATION logo with the line that goes across back and forth right before windows opens after about seconds then it goes to a blank screen after about - minutes it goes to a blue screen that says STOP c a fatal system error The initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of x xc x The system has been shut down So to sum it all up I turn on my laptop screen that says GATEWAY and has option for F and F if I dont do anything it goes to a black screen with curser blinking in top left corner after about minutes it goes to Windows Error Recovery where I have the option of launching startup repair or start windows normally If I launch startup repair all it does is restart the computer If I start Win Normally it goes to the Microsoft Corp logo with the line that goes across then after a few minutes the BSOD appears F -any option I chose does absolutly nothing

A:Vista wont start up BSOD Unable to do anything..want to do full system restore.

Ok,

Lets start at the beginning.
Do you want to recover your system.Install the operating system from Disk & start from again.Both options maybe achievable No. 1 can take a little longer but there is no guarantee of success.
No. 2 can be done quite quickly but you loose everything (If not backed up first) & start from scratch. That is provided you have all the disks & drivers too etc.

So what is your choice?
Waht do you have access to?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285348-vista-wont-start-up-bsod-unable-do-anything-want-do-full-system-restore.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi and thank you for reading my post I was advised to create a new thread by InadequateInfirmity with reference to this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t cannot-run-exe-files-in-windows-vista- -home-edition page- My operating system is Windows Vista Home Edition on a brand new Acer Aspire laptop purch ased in and just opened and used for the first time a few weeks ago We were able to stuck Vista constant in Windows unable start to loop, reboot 64 run through many Antivirus procedures but did not find any serious infections Then upon trying to boot windows in safe mode in order to perform windows all repair procedure the laptop became stuck in a start up loop where I get a black screen with a large white arrow before it rebpots and repeats I cannot access any safe mode and the only way Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start I can enter windows is from f then selecting last known good configuration which boots into safe mode I cannot connect with the Internet through safe mode We performed a check disk but that Windows Vista 64 stuck in constant reboot loop, unable to start didn't determine any problems Windows start up repair also did not find any problems However even after doing system restore with multiple points the start up boot problem still remains My laptop did not come with a system restore back up disc and I do not know what to do Please advise on what I can do to correct this issue Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you and best regards

Tap F8 at boot. Select Disable AutoRestart on System Failure. Does the computer throw a blue screen on reboot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616507/windows-vista-64-stuck-in-constant-reboot-loop-unable-to-start/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I set GTS450 to up Unable Nvidia think this post must be here I saw the graphics section but it looked Unable to set up Nvidia GTS450 like kind of focused to software anyway if it should be changed tell me Hi first of all excuse me if there's any typo or grammar error I bought an ASUS Nvidia GTS in order to retire my old GS So I bought a W power supply to avoid Unable to set up Nvidia GTS450 the power problem also I only use one hard drive and no audio card or anything that uses much power After plugging the new videocard on the PCI x I turn on the PC and the videocard won't send any video signal But the integrated videocard does I plugged the additional power supply's wire directly to the videocard and it's perfectly set up I Unable to set up Nvidia GTS450 heard the quot click quot I also tried touching BIOS but the system won't detect the card on order of use PCIE-- gt PCI-- gt IGFX neither PCI-- gt PCIE-- gt IGFX so it isn't BIOS bussiness I think To discard slot problems I just tried my old GS and with the PCI-- gt PCIE-- gt IGFX it works BUT with PCIE-- gt PCI-- gt IGFX IT WON'T that absolutely drove me crazy because I don't see any sense I think I didn't forget anything PS I tried reseting the system by taking out the battery And it worked because clock got in Thank you every body I have some aviate invitations anybody who want one tell me

A:Unable to set up Nvidia GTS450

The way that I have always done is go to Nvidia site and get the latest driver for your card. Save it to somewhere that you can find easily.
Next uninstall your existing driver and any other programs linked to it then shutdown the computer.
Remove existing card and install new card.
Boot computer and when it sees new hardware, go to the driver file you downloaded and install it.

This has always worked for me and is also the way I update drivers (without removing hardware)

Art.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/334426-unable-set-up-nvidia-gts450.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I noticed my BitDefender was not running and sent an email to the company.  They sent me back a response that the licensing code was not valid (after two years) and they had disabled the software (without notifying me).  I downloaded AVAST and immediately started having lots of problems such as unable to shut down, screens freezing.  I unstalled, but the problems continued.  I did a system restore back to the installation of AVAST, but stil having problems  I purchased a new BitDefender, but it will not install.  I tried updating Windows Security Essentials, but it will not install.  I think something has hijacked my internet as it does not come on for a few minutes after I start the computer.  I am unable to start in safe mode to try to install that way.  Please help!

A:Unable to load antivirus; unable to start in safe mode

Exactly...what AV programs are currently installed on this system?

Installing more than one is a known invitation to unpredictable system problems.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522047/unable-to-load-antivirus;-unable-to-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 45.15%

I know, I've asked a lot more questions than I've given answers. Maybe I'll work on that.

This time it's with a new video card. I'm attempting to upgrade to an Nvidia 9600 (GT, I think). The problem is, my computer won't let me actually use it. I have it plugged in, but I'm unable to use any video source except the built-in 6150SE.
So, it's really a question of "how do I make my computer let me use the card I want to use"; how can I disable the built-in card or otherwise make it use the new one without royally screwing up (monitor refusing to work with the computer at all, etc; yes I'm being a bit paranoid)?

If it's a problem with the motherboard or anything, I've got a BIOSTAR MCP6P M2+ board, I think version 6.1.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

I'm using Asus 36sg with Nvidia Geforce 610M Graphics card and i have installed Windows 8 Pro X64. When i try to install or even download the driver 306.95 (latest release), it starts complaining that file is corrupt or invalid. Even when i try to install other programs like Eset Nod 32, dropbox, virtualbox, it also complains about corrupt CAB files or corrut or invalid files. Currently I'v managed to install AVG antivirus.

Dont know what to do, i re-installed Windows 2 times now and the problem seems only to get worse.

Help?

THANX

A:Unable to install NVIDIA driver

Ok, the driver version is 306.97(not 306.95) and i also tried version 306.23 and i get the same result.

It says "7-zip: Data Error". This is happenning in the beginning when its supposed to save or extract i think to another folder. I tried to extract the file myself but then get the message that over 50 files are corrupted. I dont know what the message exactly means but worth mentioning is that im using winrar x64 and not 7-zip. I'v used 7-zip before i reinstalled windows but got the same error even then.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10024-unable-install-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I was looking around Event Viewer for any problems, and two error relating to the NVIDIA Update showed in "Errors":

1:The nvUpdatusService service was unable to log on as .\UpdatusUser with the currently configured password due to the following error:
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

2: The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.

Any idea as to why this is happening?

A:Errors for the NVIDIA Update - unable to log on

Ran into the same issue myself.

On my machine the "NVIDIA Update Service Daemon" service is trying to start using the "UpdatusUser" account. This account does not have the rights to do that.

Try this:
- Open Computer Management.
- Go to Local Users and Groups -> Users
- Doubleclick UpdatusUser
- Click Member Of tab
- Click Add
- Type Administrators then Check Names
- Click OK, OK
- Start Services.msc
- Scroll down to "NVIDIA Update Service Daemon"
- Click Start.
- If all went well you will see a popup saying: The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

The message speaks for itself.

Regards,
Daniel

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/240229-errors-nvidia-update-unable-log.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone I'll start by including my specs Windows Home Premium x Intel Core i - QM GHz GB Ram Nvidia geforce M with an Intel R HD Graphics I purchased a dv HP my laptop. Unable drivers Nvidia to on install - ea laptop Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop. around months ago Everything was running smoothly until the middle of July when I finally got around to playing Diablo I have a frame rate of around - but this drops sharply to - Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop. whenever I'm in combat etc This does not change regardless of my settings in game or on my Nvidia control panel I can turn everything down to the bare minimum and never get above fps Plenty of other games such as League of Legends are locked at with everything maxed I've asked around the official D forums and this is apparently a common issue which everyone seems to have fixed by installing the XX official Nvidia drivers I went to do so to be told that the driver could not recognise my hardware Looking in to it some more I was told I would need to install the driver from my manufacturer's website Upon checking up on this I found I was using the latest version available from HP While my Nvidia control panel continues to notify me that my driver is out of date I am unable to do so and this issue keeps popping up on any graphics intensive games and recently Magicka as well Is there any way that I can get around this I've made numerous attempts to contact HP support but after giving them this amount of time without a response I've given up as they are quite frankly useless I hoped reinstalling W would have the desired effect but it has not Apparently it's to do with my BIOS which I generally have no knowledge about Thanks in advance for any light you guys can shed on my situation I've attached a dxdiag should it help speed up the process

A:Unable to install Nvidia drivers on my HP laptop.

Two little words as to why the reference Nvidia driver won't install despite supporting the GT 630M in your laptop, switchable graphics. Directly from the supported products page of the latest Nvidia driver,

Quote:
Exceptions: Notebooks supporting Hybrid Power technology with Intel chipsets are not supported by this release.
The following Sony VAIO notebooks are supported: Sony VAIO F Series with NVIDIA GeForce 310M, GeForce GT 330M, GeForce GT 425M, GeForce GT 520M or GeForce GT 540M. Other Sony VAIO notebooks are not supported (please contact Sony for driver support).
Fujitsu notebooks are not included this release (Fujitsu Siemens notebooks are included).

Yours falls under number 1, which basically leaves you at the mercy of HP to come out with an updated driver or finding a modded one that will work with switchable graphics..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/250378-unable-install-nvidia-drivers-my-hp-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I've had my PC about weeks and all was running fine until about a week ago If I locate card to graphics NVIDIA Unable try and use the NVIDIA control panel it says Unable to locate NVIDIA graphics card there is no NVIDIA product detected I tried updating my drivers which didn't install correctly but seemed to fix the problem for a day until the problem came up again I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers but they won't install because it can't find the card I hadn't made any system changes prior to the problem The card is a GeForce GTX Ti Any help would be much appreciated Full build is below Case COOLERMASTER HAF PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE Processor CPU Intel Core i Quad Core Processor i - K GHz MB Cache Motherboard ASUS P Z -V LX USB SATA GBs ATI CrossFireX Memory RAM GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR MHz X M P x GB KIT Graphics Card GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX Ti - DVI HDMI DP - D Vision Ready Memory - st Hard Disk GB KINGSTON HYPERX K SSD SATA Gb s upto MB sR MB sW nd Hard Disk TB quot SATA-III GB s HDD RPM MB CACHE st DVD BLU-RAY Drive x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER R RW RAM Memory Card Reader INTERNAL IN CARD READER XD MS CF SD etc x USB PORT Power Supply CORSAIR W ENTHUSIAST SERIES TX V - PLUS BRONZE Processor Cooling Corsair H Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler Sound Card ONBOARD CHANNEL HIGH DEF AUDIO AS STANDARD Network Facilities DUAL-BAND WIRELESS N Mbps PCI-E CARD USB Options x USB PORTS BACK PANEL MIN FRONT PORTS AS STANDARD Modem NONE I WILL BE USING BROADBAND Operating System Genuine Windows Standard Edition Bit - inc DVD amp Licence

A:Unable to locate NVIDIA graphics card

Have you tried re-seating the video card? It may have shaken loose during shipping, transit, etc if it wasn't secured in its slot completely.

If so, then you may have a dud video card or slot. Best buy has a 14 day return policy with no restocking fee. You might want to run there and pick up a similar video card and replace your existing one. If it works then you've solved the issue and can deal with it accordingly. Return the bad video card to the vendor if you purchased and installed it yourself. Or contact the vendor that sold you the computer and ask how they would like to remedy the situation such as replace/exchange it, send an on site tech to repair it, whatever.

When all is said and done, once your issue is resolved, don't forget to return the GPU you bought at best buy inside of the return policy or keep it if it is a better card than the one originally installed.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/24307-unable-locate-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I m experiencing this when running different Adobe applications and sometimes just randomly it will occur I ve seen this problem posted by many on the web and haven t found a successful solution for me I ve rolled back my driver to the earlier version because some were saying that fixed the problem for them but I m still experiencing the display driver quot crash quot I haven t ever seen this before and I ve had my NVIDIA for a couple years now but I recently upgraded my MoBo to the new MSI Z A Then it started immediately From here I m not real sure how to troubleshoot the issue I ve also seen some suggesting that it may be a problem with my power supply but I never ran into any issues before These are the entries I find in the system log quot Unable to recover from a kernel exception The application must close quot quot The NVIDIA OpenGL driver detected a problem with the display - recover GeForce Unable exc NVIDIA to from kernel GTX 760 driver and is unable to continue The application must close quot System Specs Windows Pro GB DDR MSI Z A MoBo I GHZ GB Samsun SSD - OS drive NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX PRESONUS AUDIOBOX USB CORSAIR CX PS nbsp

A:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - Unable to recover from kernel exc

I recently upgraded my MoBo to the new MSI Z170AClick to expand...

Did you clean install windows when you swapped boards?

Next the cx line from corsair is not intended for any type of stressful use. It is for a basic build ONLY. Even corsair says it is only for a basic build;
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/power-supply-units/cx-series

Since you have a marginal pw supply [for use with a high end video card] Have you checked your voltages; specifically the 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? If not, do so.
I never use msi boards so I am not sure if any monitoring software is available on the support page. If there is, download and install the monitoring software. Post the voltages here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-unable-to-recover-from-kernel-exc.1160888/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone This evening I have been making some modifications to several computers I have just installed a new graphics card into my computer however I'm not sure if it's working properly It could be the driver however quot Driver Genius quot claims that it is up to date I open Speccy and locate Card Driver Nvidia GFX Unable to it says that my graphics card is only MB I refuse to believe this I believe that Driver Genius is incorrect Speccy Information Code Graphics Monitor Name SyncMaster on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Current Resolution x pixels Work Resolution x pixels State enabled primary Unable to locate Nvidia GFX Card Driver output devices support VgaCompatible Monitor Width Monitor Height Monitor Bpp bits per pixel Monitor Frequency Hz Device DISPLAY Monitor Standard VGA Graphics Adapter GPU NV Device ID DE- Revision Subvendor Creative Labs A Technology nm Transistors M Release Date May DirectX Support OpenGL Support BIOS Version B ROPs Shaders Vertex Pixel Memory Type SDR Memory MB Unable to locate Nvidia GFX Card Driver Bus Width Bit What do you think Part of the reason I don't believe this information is accurate is Unable to locate Nvidia GFX Card Driver I don't think I would ever have a MB GFX card and I found it in a box of my miscellaneous electronics Perhaps my integrated GFX card is interfering I don't see how that would be an issue considering that my monitor is connected to the GFX card not the integrated one Though I'm not sure how things such as those work Also when I try to change my resolution I only get two options x and x Any assistance would be appreciated FLaTLiN D DXDiag display information Code --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type NVidia DAC type bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name vga Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-B - DBFC CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available

A:Unable to locate Nvidia GFX Card Driver

Quote: Originally Posted by FLaTLiN3D

Hello everyone,
This evening I have been making some modifications to several computers. I have just installed a new graphics card into my computer, however I'm not sure if it's working properly. It could be the driver, however "Driver Genius" claims that it is up to date. I open Speccy and it says that my graphics card is only 4MB, I refuse to believe this, I believe that Driver Genius is incorrect.

Speccy Information:

Code:
Graphics
Monitor
Name SyncMaster on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Current Resolution 1024x768 pixels
Work Resolution 1024x740 pixels
State enabled, primary, output devices support, VgaCompatible
Monitor Width 1024
Monitor Height 768
Monitor Bpp 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Frequency 1 Hz
Device \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
GPU NV5
Device ID 10DE-0029
Revision 12
Subvendor Creative Labs (77A42149)
Technology 250 nm
Transistors 15 M
Release Date May 1999
DirectX Support 6.0
OpenGL Support 1.1
BIOS Version B1
ROPs 2
Shaders Vertex 2/Pixel 2
Memory Type SDR
Memory 4 MB
Bus Width 128 Bit
What do you think? Part of the reason I don't believe this information is accurate is I don't think I would ever have a 4MB GFX card, and I found it in a box of my miscellaneous electronics.

Perhaps my integrated GFX card is interfering? I don't see how that would be an issue considering that my monitor is connected to the GFX card, not the integrated one. Though I'm not sure how things such as those work. Also when I try to change my resolution, I only get two options: 800x600, and 1024x768.

Any assistance would be appreciated,
FLaTLiN3D
DXDiag display information:

Code:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: NVidia
DAC type: 8 bit
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0029&SUBSYS_10211102&REV_11
Display Memory: n/a
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model:
Monitor Id:
Native Mode:
Output Type:
Driver Name: vga
Driver File Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
Driver Version: 6.1.7600.16385
DDI Version: unknown
Driver Model: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/13/2009 19:25:51, 10752 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4369-11CF-B332-912DBFC2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0029
SubSys ID: 0x10211102
Revision ID: 0x0011
Driver Strong Name: Unknown
Rank Of Driver: Unknown
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
D3D9 Overlay: n/a
DXVA-HD: n/a
DDraw Status: Not Available
D3D Status: Not Available
AGP Status: Not Available

It just needs a driver. I see creative and nvidia, so I suspect one of those needs the correct driver. go to the mfr and download.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/88530-unable-locate-nvidia-gfx-card-driver.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi nbsp I hope NVIDIA Driver download: ... Optimus Unable Display to you guys can help me I still have to problem with my Geforce Graphic card in combo with integrated graphics After a few months having the card disabled I thought Unable to download: NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver ... trying to solve it again because I really want to use also the Geforce card Anyway I noticed that my current driver version is nbsp while you mention on your website Unable to download: NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver ... the Optimus driver with version nbsp in combination with Intel as latest version for my model Yoga DQ KUS with Windows I thought trying this but I receive an error when I want to download this driver on http support lenovo com cr en products Laptops-and-netbooks ThinkPad-Yoga-Series-laptops ThinkPad- Can you Unable to download: NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver ... please provide me with a working download link nbsp And please let me know if you have any tips for me to solve this problem I have I really don t want the hassle of sending this laptop back for repair I am using it in Costa Rica nbsp Thanks Gijs

A:Unable to download: NVIDIA Optimus Display Driver ...

This direct download link should work for you......

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/n19ds10w.exe

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Unable-to-download-NVIDIA-Optimus-Display-Driver-for-Windows-10/td-p/3302324
Relevancy 44.29%

In an effort to update my driver software for my new laptop running windows 8 I have uninstalled the driver for my Nvidia card, which was not working properly. Before this, and after this I have tried to update it and always got the same response: The best driver software for your device is installed. It gives me that message even when &quot;Microsoft Basic Display Adapter&quot; is the driver. I tried downloading driver software from the Nvidia website and it tells me &quot;This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware&quot;.

My card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 670MX.

A:Windows 8 Nvidia : Unable to update driver software

Laptop manufacturers sometimes use custom device IDs for their onboard graphics. Driver installers from nVidia may not recognize them.

It's best to get the drivers from the laptop manufacturer, if you can. It's particularly important if your laptop uses switchable graphics.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/20064-windows-8-nvidia-unable-update-driver-software.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Someone please help.
I have a deapad Y510p Processor Intel? Core? i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz 1600MHz 6MB) Operating System Windows 8.1 64
Graphics Dual NVIDIA? GeForce? GT755M 2GB/Intel HD 4600 Memory 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
Hard Disk Drive 1TB (5400 RPM) + 8GB Hybrid Drive. After upgrading to windows 10, my NVIDIA(10.18.13.5906) card does not work. I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, using CCleaner, clean install, disabled Windows 10 hidden updates, run as administrator, download from NViDIA, I mean everything that my experienced, and nontechnical mind can find and think of. The driver ran fine until October, however afte GEforce experience detected new GPU update, all updating has failed. It keeps giving me error 43. Could anyone please share any ideas, or help me figure whats going on??
Thank YOU

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/127750-nvidia-windows-10-error-43-unable-update-use-driver.html
Relevancy 44.29%

For the past couple of weeks I have been receiving a crash on and - a from Geforce kernel to unable Nvidia exception GTX 770 recover off Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 - unable to recover from a kernel exception mostly while browsing my screen will go black and then come back on a short time later with the error quot Nvidia Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered quot From a bit of searching and past experiences I have found that this is apparently a long lasting problem that few people have been able to fix most people seem to say it is an Nvidia driver issue because of this I didn't think much of it However today while playing multiple games I have received another crash I haven't received before My screen goes black for a bit before coming back on and then displaying the crash shown followed by an error to say that the game I was playing at the time has stopped working Today Is the first time I have seen this crash but the crash has occurred at least times today As mentioned I wasn't too worried about the first crash I was receiving but after receiving this new crash today unable to recover from a kernel exception I am a bit more worried that maybe my GPU is starting to fail I am currently running the latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU and running Windows -bit any help on what may be causing these crashes or any tests I could do to help get to the bottom of what may be causing these crashes would be greatly appreciated Im not the best at GPU troubleshooting so even with a program I don't know what to look for other than temperature thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/42330-nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-unable-recover-kernel-exception.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Major network problems Been scouring the web for the NativeWifi Filter drivers for windows Cannot start my WLAN to error auto unable install/start Filter WLAN NativeWifi cannot config start - 1068. Auto Config WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start Service due to NativeWifi Filter not installed WLAN auto config cannot start - error 1068. NativeWifi Filter unable to install/start unable to start It keeps giving me an error saying that it doesn't exist so I restarted and now it's not even listed in the non plug-and-play section in device manager with hidden devices shown had no problem starting up NDIS Usermode I O Portal as per advice in other threads where it is stated to start BOTH NDIS Usermode etc AND NativeWifi Filter But mine has somehow disappeared from the list and would not start before that point It was a code IIRC quot The device is not present is nor not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed quot - pulled that from another service that does not work Qos Packet Scheduler is also not functioning where I got the error from which is the same as I WAS getting with NativeWifi Filter If anyone has the drivers to either of these that would be greatly appreciated as I cannot use the net on my computer so am using my brothers for anything internet related atm Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wlan-auto-config-cannot-start-error-1068-nativewifi-filter-unable-to-install-start-472239.html
Relevancy 44.29%

So sometime I get this weird condition, where I am unable to open any programmes, even task manager will not open. When this happens, I am also unable to shutdown or restart the PC. The only way to solve this is to push the reset button and after the reboot windows runs normally again until the next time it happens. Does someone know what could be causing this? I attached the debug files and my system specs are current.

A:Unable to start programmes and unable to restart

You don't indicate whether you have run any scans. So I might be inclined to run memory diagnostics:

MemTest86 - Offical Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool

Rich

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55976-unable-start-programmes-unable-restart.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Since yesterday it seems I have some mallware.
I have managed to run the Kaspersky TDSS Killer (advice from forums), found something, rebooted.
I have quickly installed AVG Internet Security (trial period) , Mallwarebytes AntiMalware Pro (trial period) .
Now I have scanned with all of these and again with TDSS Killer , and all of them report nothing.

But I am not able to download anything, all my downloads are deleted for virus reasons directly in the browser (IE9). I think that Microsoft Security Essentials and Microsoft Defender are corrupted, because I cannot start any of them, but I think one of them is blocking my downloads. Also my Windows Action Center reports that "Potentially harmfull software detected, but the "Clean" button does nothing.
All of this is happening with AVG and Malwarebytes active.... and no reaction ... so.... need some help

A:Unable to start MSE and Defender, unable to download

After a lot of reading, I have managed to solve this with Hitman Pro and then RogueKiller.
The only thing that is not working is Windows Defender. I can click it in the Control Panel, the service is stopped, but when I hit "Start Now" to reactivate it I get "the specified service does not exist as an insltaled service (code 0x80070424).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515010/unable-to-start-mse-and-defender-unable-to-download/
Relevancy 43.86%

i am having trouble with my display. my screen resolution is set to 800x600 pixels and when i try to change it to 1024x768 pixels, it changes back to 800x600. so i looked in my device manager and my nvidia is not working. heres the details for driver.
nvidia geforce4 440 go 64m
driver date- 2/23/05
version 7.2.3.0
and the error message is This device cannot start. (Code 10). please help!

A:Nvidia cannot start! Help!

The first thing I would try is to uninstall the device in Device Manager and then reboot. Do you have the driver disk? If so, try to reinstall it. Otherwise download it and try it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-cannot-start-help.820780/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 43.86%

When I start up my computer, my Steam starts up, then I manually start Chrome. Chrome comes up fine, Steam does too, but when I try to right click on Steam and click friends, all it does is create another steam process running at 100-108 K. Then if I close Chrome and try to reopen it, it will do the same. This happens with EVERY program after I start up. There's a 5 second window where I can open programs without issue, then after that it will only start 108 K copies of them. It takes me around 30 restarts just to get it working properly, if not more.

Relevancy 43%

When I boot up I see a message that states quot Detecting Hard Drives quot If I Raid NVIDIA start-up at BIOS then wait the screen clears and I see another message that states I think that there is no array for the NVIDIA Raid BIOS and the system hangs after that I can only assume that at some stage in NVIDIA Raid BIOS at start-up the past I inadvertently clicked the Yes button when this Raid option was being promoted I note from a Google search that many other people appear to have been similarly caught I would have thought that ther would be something on the NVIDIA website about it but I haven t ben able to find it My solution is to press Ctrl-Alt-Del as soon as or soon after the Detecting Hard Drives quot message appears and the system will reboot normally after that I can of course continue to adopt that course of action but it would be nice if I could find the cause and eliminate it -- without having to reformat the hard drive of course Thanks for any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 43%

hey guys,

I have a nvidia 670 (running Windows 8 64bit) and every time I reboot it starts the computer up with "Microsoft Basic Display Drive". My graphics cards are up to date and it is plugged in correctly, I believe it may be something to do with a windows update which automatically took place, I could be wrong though, that's just my guess. my 670 is on it's highest version, and even if I try to update again, it says it 'not compatible' because it can't find my graphics card, but I know it's there, because if i go 'Show hidden devices' in device manager it is there. I have tried a fair few things, nothing has worked, any suggestions? Thanks

A:Windows 8 won't start up with Nvidia card

Have you set it as "First display device" or disabled on-board graphics in BIOS? Also from your dxdiag it looks like you have the monitor plugged into the on-board graphics.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/14641-windows-8-wont-start-up-nvidia-card.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

A couple of days ago I installed Windows 8 Pro on my nForce 570 SLI with two integrated ethernet interfaces and an AMD CPU and it seemed to work out very fine. But then I installed all the Windows Update updates and now the ethernet drivers will not start. They worked just fine before I did all the Windows Update installations.

The drivers initially in use was those that came with the Windows 8 Pro installation. As a solution I have forced an installation of the drivers from the nForce 15.58 driver package for Windows 7 64-bit, but with no change.

The messages I get when doing a Windows Network Diagnostics is:
Issues found
The "Ethernet" adapter is not working properly
The "Ethernet" is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems.

The same messages for "Ethernet 2".

I have not been able to find any related reports in Event Viewer

Could someone please help me out?

Best regards,
LaurentZG

A:W8 Pro 64bit does not start nVidia Ethernet after Win Upd

By chance I found a post over in the Asus forum where a couple of other guys had the same problem. One of them mentioned that the specific ethernet chip was susceptible to static electricity. So a light bulb went on where I thought that I should try discharging the motherboard. So I disconnected the power cord and pushed the power button on my computer for about 30 seconds. Problem solved. Network connection is up and running again

- LaurentZG

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19582-w8-pro-64bit-does-not-start-nvidia-ethernet-after-win-upd.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello i downloaded Comodo CIS yesterday after uninstalling Avira with no problems but this morning my Acer One d was unable to start giving a black screen and i clicked enter on the option to use ''Start up repair'' which only seemed to show the following ''Unspecified change to system configuration may have caused the problem error code ox '' I managed to start in normal mode in the end and everything seem to be start [SOLVED] to - repair'' start up ''Unable working ok as [SOLVED] ''Unable to start - start up repair'' far as speed etc gos I installed the VMware - Toolwiz Timefreeze a couple of days ago Before that i installed Sandboxie but then uninstalled after it caused BSOD which according to the dump file was caused by the Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows R [SOLVED] ''Unable to start - start up repair'' file - igdkmd sys I noticed that for sometime before the latest downloads that when running windows ''fix problems'' that it says i have too many programs running on start up so today i disabled adobe reader acrobat google update and toolwiz so they are not running on start up I also have Rapport installed and running but its not showing in msconfig start up list so not sure about it I'm assuming Word excel ccleaner glary utilities are not running on start up but dont know how to check Here is my Windows Start up list via CCleaner No HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Windows AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c No HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot Yes HKLM Run COMODO Internet Security C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cistray exe Yes HKLM Run GfxServiceInstall C Windows system GfxCUIServiceInstall vbs Yes HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe Yes HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files Intel Intel R Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Yes HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe Yes HKLM Run LManager C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe Yes HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe Yes HKLM Run RTHDVCPL C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe -s No HKLM Run Toolwiz TimeFreeze quot C Program Files Toolwiz TimeFreeze ToolwizTimeFreezeGUI exe quot -autorun Yes HKLM Run tvncontrol quot C Program Files Common Files Comodo tvnserver exe quot -controlservice -slave No Startup Common Start GeekBuddy lnk C PROGRA Comodo GEEKBU launcher exe quot unit manager exe quot And the Start up scheduled tasks Yes Task AutoKMS C Windows AutoKMS AutoKMS exe Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - - Core C Users Windows AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe c Yes Task GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - - UA C Users Windows AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe ua installsource scheduler Yes Task RealUpgradeLogonTaskS- - - - - - - C Program Files Real RealUpgrade RealUpgrade exe logoncheck Yes Task RealUpgradeScheduledTaskS- - - - - - - C Program Files Real RealUpgrade RealUpgrade exe scheduledcheck Yes Task FEB-EF F- A F-AC B- BE A D BC C Program Files Webcam Surveyor WebcamSurveyor exe Yes Task EA EEA - - AB -B CD- FAF CC E C Program Files Webcam Surveyor WebcamSurveyor exe Yes Task D - - E- CDA-A FED F C Users Windows Downloads chromeinstall- u exe Yes Task EAC C - D - F D- F E- DF D A C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cistray exe Yes Task C D - E D- D -A B- AB CB FAF C Users Windows Downloads chromeinstall- u exe Yes Task A A C-F E - AF-A C -DCFA FD AC C Users Windows AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Yes Task F BFF -D F - D- -C C F C Program Files Webcam Surveyor WebcamSurveyor exe Yes Task AAAF DC-AB B- - - E B BD C Users Windows Downloads chromeinstall- u exe Yes Task BDDCD BA-A CE- - CF - ABAAFE EF A C Users Windows AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Yes Task F B C- - -A - F DE C Program Files Webcam Surveyor WebcamSurveyor exe Yes Task FD C - D B- B B-B C- A C B B C Program Files IncredibleCharts IncredibleCharts exe I have no idea what i should di... Read more

A:[SOLVED] ''Unable to start - start up repair''

Remove everything except COMODO Internet Security items.

Uninstall Glary Utilities. Its optimization strategies are outdated and likely to strip away components of Windows that are needed for Windows to run properly.Uninstall or change a program

The Assumptions You Make About Your Slow PC (and Why They're Probably Wrong)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-unable-to-start-start-up-repair-680358.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When i first start up Start Nvidia Lag Up]Browser [First Video Driver Lag, GTX MSI 760 my computer it boots up fine but when i play games or browse MSI GTX 760 Nvidia Driver [First Start Up]Browser Lag, Video Lag through firefox it lags and MSI GTX 760 Nvidia Driver [First Start Up]Browser Lag, Video Lag stutters alot I get high fps in games but still lags After i restart my computer it works perfectly fine flawless I just got an SSD a few weeks ago and upgraded windows to windows I still had my Nvidia files in my C drive HDD and i uninstalled it I re installed it onto my SSD and yet it doesn't fix the problem at first start up Possibly the windows and windows nvidia drivers are connected I also uninstalled it through deleting all Nvidia folders i saw in programs data and also in registry settings All applications work perfectly fine except firefox browser and high fps game stuttering teleporting and lag What could possibly be the problem Here are my computer specs Using Nvidia Driver EDIT Rolled Back Back Several Times Installed older drivers and shut down computer Turned it on and it was still same result On older drivers i restarted computer and it works fine no lag Same thing does with the latest drivers What the hell

Relevancy 42.57%

I have fitted a new Geforce 6200 chipped graphics card to my PC's AGP. I have the a extended Desktop setup with one monitor on the DVI socket and the other on the VGA socket. Everything works fine but I do get a warning when the NVIDIA control panel starts that I have removed a graphics card and therefore SLI has been disabled. I was of the understanding that SLI only worked with a PCI express set up. I have looked in the control panel options and desktop manager and cannot find a way to turn this warning off.

Two questions then. Can the warning be disabled or failing that can the control panel be disabled as I don't really need it.

Thanks for any advice..

Relevancy 42.57%

NVidia video driver also installs NV high-def audio drivers, which disables Win 7's start-up sound, yet all other sound is fine. (Realtek audio driver feeds the speakers.)

Yes, "Play start-up sound" is enabled.

During install I did not select the NVidia sound driver choices or several other (3D) options; still, they installed.

Deleting the virtual sound driver appears to be what has reinstated the start-up sound.

Strange. Just curious whether others have experienced this.

A:NVidia install disables start-up sound

I have a PC with an NVIDIA GTS450OC sound card. I have installed all the NVIDIA software and it has not affected the startup sound or any other sound. My "Speakers" (PC sound device and in this case RealTek) are set as the default audio playback device.

Why are you using a "virtual sound driver"? You haven't provided any PC specs or filled in the "My System Specs" so we don't know what hardware you have. However, the PC Vendor's sound driver is the preferred.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/309204-nvidia-install-disables-start-up-sound.html
Relevancy 42.57%

After uninstalling the drivers for my XFX 9800GT I put in a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890. However, I see that there is an entry in my Start Menu called "NVIDIA Corporation -nv25665". It says that it's NVIDIA PhysX Properties and it's location is C:\Windows\system32. I'm sure I uninstalled all the drivers. What should I do? Clicking on it says that the file does not exist.

A:Nvidia Corporation -nv25665 In Start Menu

did you try going to C:\Windows\system32 and deleting it thier

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-corporation-nv25665-in-start-menu.140046/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am having some problems using MS account related facilities on a hour basis Cortana interests don't come up Store is slow to login Outlook mail native app doesn't sync Family not available store slow to load etc etc Something is triggering the issue which does clear itself after - mins and will remain ok through multiple reboots - until the issue repeats after a day It's only MS account reliant stuff that it happens on and only running disable start these from nvidia Can services I safely at up? on our laptop our desktop has no such issue So I am trying to trim start up services I Can I safely disable these nvidia services from running at start up? notice GeForce experience always starts in the taskbar tray action centre So I wondered if I am safe to disable all of the highlighted services I am particulary worried about the bottom one relating to display driver Will disabling that cause me a lot of problems and cause graphical issues I am also wondering if intel HD control panel service can also be disabled I am hoping to find a culprit

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/45846-can-i-safely-disable-these-nvidia-services-running-start-up.html
Relevancy 42.14%

With monitors connected to a 'dual-head' Radeon graphics Win10 only Nvidia do carsds monitor 2nd start loads? a Why after card BOTH monitors turn on when the computer boots and I'll even get x motherboard BIOS setup menus mirrored on both monitors When Windows loads they then display the extended desktop as per my Win setup With monitors connected to a 'dual-head' Nvidea graphics card ONLY ONE monitor turns on when the computer boots and I get a Why do Nvidia carsds only start a 2nd monitor after Win10 loads? motherboard BIOS setup menu on only that one monitor The other monitor remains off Why do Nvidia carsds only start a 2nd monitor after Win10 loads? until Windows loads and will then display the extended desktop as per my Win setup I'm assuming this is normal behaviour for their respective architectures But is there some setting on Nvidia cards that will enable both monitors in a mirroring mode at startup like Radeon cards do Sorry if this isn't a Windows graphics question But I am running windows - Just thought there might be a knowledgeable person here with the right answer to this question that's nagged me for quite a while

A:Why do Nvidia carsds only start a 2nd monitor after Win10 loads?

I have on board AMD, but I use an Nvidia card. When I take my Nvidia card out, I experience the same behavior, two monitors showing identical displays. I always found that rather annoying. Personally, I do not need more than one monitor until I sign in to Windows, then I see all three of mine.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/55765-why-do-nvidia-carsds-only-start-2nd-monitor-after-win10-loads.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all,
My daughter's dimension 4600, had worked for 3 years without a problem, then one day it just would not boot up. After a lot time reading advices on forums I removed the nvidea FX 5200 and tried to boot again.It will boot and I have to go into Safe Mode, however the screen is hard to read and sometimes the computer will not load my keyboard. So I purchased another Nvidea, same model, downloaded the new driver and fixes vrom their website. Well, that did not solve the problem. Of course I even tried Dell support (why, I can't imagine). Was told that I needed a new motherboard? The diagnostic lights on the rear panel, are all green, although I have had times where one or two would go amber on me. Conclusion: I now have 2 video graphic cards and a computer that will not boot with it instaled. Please help.

A:Dimension 4600 won't start with Nvidia card installed

Perhaps your power supply is failing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dimension-4600-wont-start-with-nvidia-card-installed.138359/
Relevancy 42.14%

I seem to have a start failing Driver IO NVIDIA NDIS Control to problem with NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver failing to start at boot up I ve not noticed as it hasn t done harm to the computer yet but I noticed this error NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver failing to start when I check on the event viewer Now I ve tried searching the internet for a possible solution but so far have not found one The description says The NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver failed to start due to the following error The system could not find the file specified I ve check the file location in C WINDOWS system and it is there but how does it not start The Help and Support Center has this as I check on a possible solution but would like some sound advice from here I d be grateful for it Details Product Windows Operating System ID Source Service Control Manager Version Symbolic Name EVENT SERVICE START FAILED Message The service failed to start due to the following error Explanation Service Control Manager SCM could not start the specified service probably because the service is not configured correctly User Action Do one or all of the following Review the error information displayed in the message Verify that the service password has not expired Verify that the service is in the correct location Verify that the service is not infected with a virus To display the WIN EXIT CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program at the command prompt type sc query service name The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error If the WIN EXIT CODE is zero then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first Version Symbolic Name EVENT SERVICE START FAILED Message The service failed to start due to the following error Explanation Service Control Manager SCM could not start the specified service probably because the service is not configured correctly User Action Do one or all of the following Review the error information displayed in the message Verify that the service password has not expired Verify that the service is in the correct location Verify that the service is not infected with a virus To display the WIN EXIT CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program at the command prompt type sc query service name The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error If the WIN EXIT CODE is zero then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A:NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver failing to start

How often does the error occur? If just on bootup - I'd suggest leaving it alone (since it's not hurting anything). Otherwise, I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy of the nVidia chipset drivers to see if that cures the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173896/nvidia-ndis-io-control-driver-failing-to-start/
Relevancy 42.14%

When I check the Device Manager, this device (nVidia WDM Video Capture Driver) has a yellow exclamation next to it. The result is I can't get ASUS Digital VCR to work properly. When I uninstall the device and detect hardware, the drivers (while not certified under Windows logo testing) are reinstalled and everything works fine. However, after a few minutes (or a reboot), the same problem occurs and the yellow exclamation point is back. How can I prevent this from happening? The driver version is 1.22 from nVidia.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I was running my pc for months fine with everything working fine, I am playing mafia 2 but everything is in black and white and kinda of blurry, so I go to the nvidia website and download the lastest drivers for my video card, after I intall them, I reboot and windows freeze at the windows logo screen, is obvious the drivers, but anybody could tell me if I can do something to solve this and make the computer run with the new drivers???

System:

Dell Optiplex 745
Intel core 2 duo 1.86GHz
2 Gb Ram
XFX 8500GT 512MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

older nvidia drivers 257.21 (working fine) - new nvidia drivers 258.96 (freeze at start)

p.d. (I know is a crapy system to be running Mafia 2 on)

THANKS!

A:Windows freeze at start after installation of new nvidia drivers

Welcome to Seven Forums. Obviously the new driver isn't playing nice with your card.
If you can boot into safe mode I would suggest to, and then remove the new driver>reboot and re-install the older driver.

You might even want to try different drivers and possibly find one that works best with your card. heres an older one you might want to try http://downloads.guru3d.com/Forcewar...load-2525.html

It has been suggested to use a program like Driver Sweeper after you un-install the old driver to remove any remnants of the driver you have just un-installed before installing a new one.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D--...up)_d1655.html

Sometimes they make changes in the new drivers that don't seem to work well with certain video cards. Especialy older ones or medium cards. Their focus is more on the newer GTX series cards, and sometimes can creste unforscene problems with other series cards
I would have to compare the release notes on the new driver to even try and guess at what might be causing the issue. You just never know.
It's kinds like back to the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I realize you were probably hoping for some increase in performance with the new driver only to find out for some reason it's causing you problems.
Sorry but that's about all I can think of.

I would also like to add that whenever I download a new driver or app I like to create a restore point.
That way once I have removed the driver/app I can easily restore my system to it's previous state.
Maybe someone else might have a better explanation for you, so we'll see.Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/110851-windows-freeze-start-after-installation-new-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi and does like not nVidia? Vista thanks for reading this I hope you can help me I have just bought a Satellite a notebook PSAA E with an NVIDIA Go GeForce video card I have installed a trial copy of Windows Vista Ultimate on a separate partition Computer boots into Vista but does not recognise the video card Shows Vista does not like nVidia? it as standard VGA adapter Subsequently Aero doesn't work nor Direct D So I downloaded and installed the following drivers http support toshiba-tro de tools vista- zip However the drivers' installation program does not recognise the card as well The error message is No compatible hardware found or something similar Trying to install the drivers from the control panel the computer does not recognise any of the files of the above link as valid drivers This is the only Satellite A -PSAA E nVidia driver update for Vista provided by Toshiba The original winXP that comes with the comp works fine all drivers work fine Direct D Direct X etc Why would that happen What am I doing wrong Any suggestions Thank you very much in advance eliander

A:Vista does not like nVidia?

vista has been having problems with onboard video on lots of set ups that i have seen. the best thing is to goto nvidia's site and download the vista drivers. if those don't work, then you will have to be making some calls to the laptop maker and ask them why the laptop isn't vista ready.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-does-not-like-nvidia-143089.html
Relevancy 41.71%

So about hours ago on my PC I was playing WoW and had a hard crash and lock up So I restarted my PC Everything seemed fine Just a mysterious crash So I went on to updating my graphics drivers since it had been on my mind to do so About half way into the update my desktop then crashed again Only this time it cannot even get windows bit to start up Then I ran the Start up Repair program I get a message that it cannot repair it automatically On a history note This PC has been pretty good to me A few months back I had a bad run in where my RAM wasnt being read correctly and a simple re-docking fixed that That was solved on Can't Crashed 260. Nvidia Win7.StartupRepair start Failed Updating GTX this web forum as well I don't know if its connected Just a reference on history Other then that I'm not exactly sure how Crashed Updating Nvidia GTX 260. Can't start Win7.StartupRepair Failed to go about on fixing this I've never had a problem where even Windows wont boot up Safe Mode does start up Just not sure what to do BSOD data is attached I tried running perfmon report in safe mode but I got an error Saying the path couldnt be found

A:Crashed Updating Nvidia GTX 260. Can't start Win7.StartupRepair Failed

Quote: Originally Posted by RanSy

So about 2 hours ago on my PC. I was playing WoW and had a hard crash and lock up. So I restarted my PC. Everything seemed fine. Just a mysterious crash. So I went on to updating my graphics drivers since it had been on my mind to do so. About half way into the update my desktop then crashed again. Only this time it cannot even get windows 7 64 bit to start up.

Then I ran the Start up Repair program. I get a message that it cannot repair it automatically.

On a history note. This PC has been pretty good to me. A few months back I had a bad run in where my RAM wasnt being read correctly and a simple re-docking fixed that. That was solved on this web forum as well. I don't know if its connected. Just a reference on history.

Other then that I'm not exactly sure how to go about on fixing this. I've never had a problem where even Windows wont boot up.

*Safe Mode does start up* Just not sure what to do.

BSOD data is attached. I tried running perfmon / report in safe mode but I got an error. Saying the path couldnt be found.

No DMP files included in upload Please use this method.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203845-crashed-updating-nvidia-gtx-260-cant-start-win7-startuprepair-failed.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi, just got a new cpu

windows XP, quad core Q6600, 4gig ram, nvidia geforce 8600 gt. if you need more info, the full description is in the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/INTEL-QUAD-CORE-Q6600-8600GT-GRAPHICS-4GB-RAM-500GB-%20HDD_W0QQitemZ350008704916QQihZ022QQcategoryZ111445QQtcZphoto<br%20/>QQcmdZViewItem

problem is that when installing the 8600 gt, it just doesnt install

1. insert cd
2. autorun window: install display driver
3. restart, as prompted to complete installation
4. when cpu restarts the hardware is not installed, the cpu still says that the hardware is not connected, code 10 error

i tried the latest nvidia driver, the one released on 19/dec, but that didnt help, same problem occured, as in after the restart the hardware still wasnt installed

Code 10 error

so any ideas???

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=6581

A:Nvidia geforce 8600 gt code 10 error: device cannot start

the spec shows a gigabyte card - have you changed it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8600-gt-code-10-error-device-cannot-start.95014/
Relevancy 41.71%

Diagnostic zip Report is attached I type this from my Windows bit system running the standard VGA driver I generally am pretty good with troubleshooting in the computer field but I have now spent over hours on this problem with very little luck and lots of frustration I'll try to provide as much information as possible The problem started nights ago when I was playing a somewhat-old computer game called Age of Empires The graphics are not overly intense - I nvlddmkm.sys drivers BSOD Start-up, nVidia with Windows proper on had not even maximized settings - but BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys nonetheless my screen began to flicker and I was confronted with a blue screen informing me that problem was BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys caused by a failure to read nvlddmkm sys the nVidia driver file I still have not figured out why my drivers suddenly crashed I run a pretty cool BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys system with no overclocking whatsoever I have not been able to run the drivers since so I was forced to go in to safe mode disable the drivers and boot up in normal with the standard VGA drivers So my question - how can I go about fixing this without completely reinstalling Windows I realize that by now I could have backed up my files reinstalled and copied everything over I've done that two times already in the last months and I'm really annoyed by the necessity of doing it What can I do to get my system to properly run the drivers again without reinstalling the operating system Information - Spacious desktop rig with plenty of cooling built by myself - Graphics card remains at a temperature hovering around degrees celsius - EVGA GeForce GTX TI GB -bit GDDR - Card is in perfect condition no visible damage on the exterior nor is it hot to the touch seconds after shutdown - I have never ran in to any errors with the card prior I've only had it for two months - I do not overclock - Motherboard Supermicro X SIA-F does contain onboard VGA - I am currently running this card rather than onboard VGA but with VGA drivers - I run RAID I never have experienced any problems with its status until I started to receive all of these blue screens now my second hard-drive is running in to issues giving the volume a quot degraded quot status when I first experienced the blue screen my volume's condition was fine as was it when I was first started troubleshooting This is something new that seems to accommodate my frequent blue screens This disables some extra functionality but it is still entirely operable - I am unable to perform a system restore due to the lack of recent saves - Yes I have researched this problem and tested the methods of others on various help forums including this very own What I have tried and what happened - Reinstall proper drivers to no avail - Completely wipe nVidia from my system then try a reinstall to no avail - Run a Windows Update to upgrade the drivers cannot update - Search for drivers in the Device Manager to no avail - Upgrade Windows literally right after everything finished I was told that my system is illegible for an upgrade though my system seemed ready according to their tool - Repair my drivers via System File Checker no faults found - Expand via cmd prompt the nvlddmkm file from the driver installation in to the actual driver manually to ensure that the file is up to date no change - Ensure that I am not running in Aero Mode apparently this is incompatible without the proper drivers did not work - Completely unplug my system to no avail - Talk very sternly to my system to no avail though I do question my sanity more than I should now Any ideas Any and all help is appreciated My freetime has been swallowed by this dilemma I will update my post with additional information when appropriate it is more than likely I have left out or misaddressed some information due to the hastiness in which I wrote this Thank... Read more

A:BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys

Fuzzwolf,
Point 1:
Help us to help you by filling in your system specs and here is how:
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

In the System Manufacturer Block, enter:
? Manufacturer and Model OR Custom build.
? ADD the word laptop, desktop, netbook or tablet.
For example:
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

With Speccy, you can select with your mouse/touchpad info from the display
and paste that info into your specs.

SIW is a marvelous program, but the free version does not offer
this capability.

=====================================
======================================
After that is out of the way,
then if you are getting BSODs,
then
Post in the Crash and BSOD forum.

You will be expected to:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Your system specs will travel with you wherever you go on SevenForums.

========================================
thanks,
karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252943-bsod-proper-nvidia-drivers-windows-start-up-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 41.71%

This started about a month ago when a system restore completely mucked up my computer. I've managed to fix most of the problems (NoelDP is a wizard) but I can't get past the start up screen with the Nvidia drivers enabled. I think I managed to get past it once after a clean install but then I kept getting BSODs. It could be an outdated BIOS (when I click on @BIOS in the GIGABYTE folder in 'All Programs' I get a BSOD) but I really want to know if there are more options before I start mucking around with BIOS flashing.

The graphics card I have is a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 and I've done clean installs of at least 3 different Nvidia driver versions.

A:Windows won't get past Start Up screen with Nvidia drivers enabled.

Nakitu mate this is the right driver for the card - not the top one as it is beta and I would if I were you dump the AVG and pick a different security.

Drivers | GeForce

Best Free Antivirus Software - I would personally not pick AVG or MSE from this list

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313640-windows-wont-get-past-start-up-screen-nvidia-drivers-enabled.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey, i have a compaq presario V3000 (mine is a V3015nr), When i bought it, it had windows xp and the ethernet and wireless connection worked well, then, i decided to upgrade it to win 7, but then, the drivers just crashed, i fixed this and everything was working well, but then, this error appeared and since that i'm unable to use wireless connection...

I've serached a lot of drivers but all of them are for Windows xp, or windows 7 x64...

Mine is an Windows 7 ultimate x32

Please help me finding out the solution, or a least some drivers...
Thanks if you're decided to help me...

A:nVidia nforce network controller, (device do not start (code 10))

So let me get this straight:

You had XP and upgraded to Windows 7, (which is what, home premium?)
Upon upgrade several of your device drivers malfunctioned?
Which drivers failed, and how did you fix them? Re-installation of the operating system itself, or, of drivers individually (if you installed individually - then which?)
You say after fixing the drive errors another error appeared. What error?

I'm sorry, I need more information to help you out

If I'm misunderstanding, and your drivers are still going haywire, please list the names of the drivers and if possible the device AND the hardware driver name/model

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/240372-nvidia-nforce-network-controller-device-do-not-start-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi I ve had this problem for about a week now and have had no luck solving it myself so wondered if anyone had an idea i received some junk code Nforce start) Nvidia networking device (this controller 10 cannot mail that wasn t sent to my junk folder and my email program displayed it as arrived in my inbox as soon as Nvidia Nforce networking controller code 10 (this device cannot start) it did this all the emails in my inbox junk folder drafts etc were all sent to my deleted items folder the program continued trying to delete stuff after there was Nvidia Nforce networking controller code 10 (this device cannot start) nothing left causing it to crash i opened task manager to end it but before id clicked anything else im asked if i want to end this process just the st one in the list i closed task manager started clicking around on folders and keep getting instantly asked if i want to delete them basically seems that the mouse button now has the effect of pressing the delete key anyway i unwisely decided to restart my computer and unsurprisingly it doesn t boot get loud warning beeps if i try to press any buttons i took the battery out only for a few seconds not really expecting it to do anything but afterwards windows boots normally and now almost everything is fine the deleting action seems to have completely stopped i ran a few virus scans and nothing came up the only problem im having now though is both my ethernet port Nvidia nforce networking controller and firewire which i don't use both have code errors this device cannot start in device manager both were fine before my wireless is still working fine too i've googled it quite a bit and there seem to be one or two similar cases none with definative answers though one thought i had was that the BIOS had disabled networking after the virus as a security measure i looked in the BIOS to change this option but its not there the BIOS is very basic with hardly any options at all phoenix BIOS f i know the ethernet is still physically working as it still has a green and flashing amber light on it when the cable is plugged in but windows does not recognise it at all in my network places the only connection that remains is the wireless im at uni at the moment and was probably going to reformat my computer and reinstall windows when i go home anyway but that wont be for a month or so so i would prefer a fix for this in the meantime sorry i know this is quite long but i tried to be as detailed as possible to give you a better chance if anyone's got any idea i'd really apprieciate your help thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nvidia-nforce-networking-controller-code-10-this-device-cannot-start-301013.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Along with many other members here I have been experiencing frequent blue screens I made my computer over a year ago and originally I had an ATI graphics card and a watt PSU I decided to upgrade and installed an EVGA GeForce Ultra and an Antec Truepower Trio watt PSU After this hardware was installed I reformatted and installed Vista anew Since then my computer experience has vastly worsened I cannot d video games like Eve Online TES Oblivion or Pirates of the Burning Seas for more than a few hours without my computer either rebooting itself without warning giving me a BSOD or the game flickering and stuttering until I hit ctrl alt del and go back to desktop where I see a message that says 'driver had a problem but we've fixed it ' only if I go back to the game the computer crashes The BSODs I have been getting say IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or + Vista BSOD? nVidia = PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA Once it does reboot further problems are sure to occur with rapidly Vista + nVidia = BSOD? decreasing time between each incident I don't know what to do and I would really appreciate any help as I am at my wit's end I have tried or done Reformatting again to see if the problem would stop occurring It didn't Installed nVidia's latest driver for Vista + nVidia = BSOD? my graphics card Also I've tried uninstalling the current driver in safe mode and installing a previous version of the driver but I still got BSODed I've since gone back to the latest driver Run a RAM memory test memtest and passed it twice Run a chkdsk Unfortunately it had more hours to go and it was my bedtime Vista + nVidia = BSOD? so I decided to let it run while I slept I awoke to a BSOD so I don't know what its results were Cleaned out the inside of my computer with compressed air Checked the internal temperature by both installing temperature monitoring software and using a laser thermometer on the internal components Both results have led me to believe that temperature is not an issue Downloaded and installed all Vista updates including SP Downloaded and run Everest Home Edition The htm version of the report can be downloaded here or optionally I've attached the txt version to this post I can and will provide any additional information or data that is required as I am very eager to be rid of this vexing problem I appreciate any and all help advice and thanks in advance for your time

A:Vista + nVidia = BSOD?

had a similar problem such as yours, either your computer is overheating (but you say its not) or you got some crappy drivers.

Try this driver: nVIDIA ForceWare X 177.73 for Windows Vista 32bit Direct link is: Here

Once you download it and extract the contents, you will find the following zip file "original_inf(s).zip" extract the contents into the main directory. Run the setup.exe file. Goodluck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-nvidia-bsod-282653.html
Relevancy 41.71%

is it just me, or is the forceware for vista x86 kinda, lacking everything. it doesn't have the classic control panel, you can't adjust AA settings or anything; ***?! is anyone else having this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nvidia-forceware-and-vista-138920.html