Windows Support Forum

Newish HP battery not working?

Q: Newish HP battery not working?

I bought this laptop (Compaq Presario 2596US) off a friend. Its got a 40GB eIDE hdd, and 768MB RAM.

The issue is the battery. He replaced it a year before I bought it, but it won't charge. Looking in the BIOS i see:
BSN : 08274 09/19/2008
C1: 4400
C2: 4311
C3: 0
ME: 1
CC: 3
T: 23
TV: 3993
C: 0
DV: 14400
MN: GW
S: 4AD0
CV1: 1181
CV2: 1388
CV3: N/A

The battery is an F4809A. If I hold the self-test (blue botton with a pointer finger next to a percentage bar), no lights show up.

The AC charger works fine, it powers it up and is a geniune HP charger.

Is the C/CV fields where the problem is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newish-hp-battery-not-working.900291/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Newish HP battery not working?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.92%

A bit of background This is a computer I built from parts ordered from Newegg I m pretty good at assembling PC s maybe a bit rusty between builds but it comes back once Solved: Newish computer POST even won't previously after working. Help! I get my hands dirty In any case Everything works fine for a month except the mobo won t recognize anything plugged into the IDE ports I tried different drives different cables nothing works okay fine I can live with just SATA After a month one Solved: Newish computer won't even POST after previously working. Help! day upon booting the machine is slooooooow Like minutes to get to the windows loading screen minutes to get past that and tell me something is wrong A literal minutes each time where before it was a matter of seconds or a minute maybe I try another drive with an OS on it that drive it just tells me is completely effed needs to be formatted etc after the long minute wait just like the first I pull it out put it in the other machine no problem So I figure maybe the IDE and this issue are connected and RMA it to Gigabyte They send it back with thermal paste on the CPU pins So I clean it up as best I can and plug it in Now here s the thing it did then and is doing now The mobo gets power the video card fan starts spinning case fans spin but the CPU fan does not Nor does the computer make any attempt at booting I don Solved: Newish computer won't even POST after previously working. Help! t get a power on beep or anything when hooking a system speaker up to the mobo I get no picture my keyboard lights don t flash nothing When I turn the computer off the CPU fan will spin about one rotation and stop Plugging the CPU fan into another port will make it run so it seems the CPU fan works The CPU has been put into another mobo and it also works booted up fine I thought maybe it s the thermal paste sent it to Gigabyte again and just got the replacement And it s doing the exact same Solved: Newish computer won't even POST after previously working. Help! thing I m looking for help as to what this issue could be I have it just bare-bones wired up a HD video card monitor mouse and keyboard plugged in the power switch wire connected the mobo power connected and the CPU fan plugged into its slot That s it Any help with where to begin on this is appreciated The system x G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL x GIGABYTE GA-EP T-UD L LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard x OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ MXSP W ATX V V EPS V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i x RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX- WB Black mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case x SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card x Western Digital Caviar Blue WD AAKS GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive And running on an INTEL BX E Pentium Dual-Core GHz MHz Socket MB Desktop Processor Thanks again nbsp

A:Solved: Newish computer won't even POST after previously working. Help!

The additional 4 pin cable for the cpu plugged in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-newish-computer-wont-even-post-after-previously-working-help.925830/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there I have an ASUS K IE laptop that i had for years now been working fine until days ACPI but is battery detect doesn't 7 Windows battery working ago this problem has been bugging me for the last days here's why my laptop suddenly didn't detect my battery thought it was because my battery was dead I searched the net on things Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working to do before quot throwing in the towel quot on my battery and today i came across a blog where the instruction was to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver I did just that and my battery suddenly worked well sort of now here's where it gets all weird every time i open my laptop i do the following plug in AC to laptop turn on laptop unplug AC laptop runs on battery log on to windows battery icon shows up as an empty charging icon then shows the quot Battery is not detected quot icon again please take note that my laptop is still ON and WORKING so this means MAYBE that my battery is working is it a battery problem or the driver is just messed up please anyone who encountered this and had SUCCESSFULLY fixed the problem coz i need to fix this right now thanks and more power to you all

A:Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

I had a problem similar a while back. Try this
1.Shut down the laptop
2.Take out the ac cord and the battery. Hold down the power for about 10 seconds to remove electric charge in the capacitors.
3.Put the battery back in and reboot.
4.Start windows normally, and See if the battery is recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249894-windows-7-acpi-doesnt-detect-battery-but-battery-working.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased a used Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing LED) Battery EliteBook p and was disappointed at the battery life probably Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing Battery LED) due to years of use on the battery so I decided to buy an Ultra-slim battery to maximize my battery life Today it arrived in the mail and I plugged it in only to find it doesn't seem to work nbsp When I plug it in with the internal battery still installed the battery lightning bolt LED starts to flash amber and for the most part does not stop until I remove it In Windows the internal battery shows up as Battery and reports nothing installed for Battery nbsp If I only have the external battery installed the computer will not power on without the power adapter plugged in and the computer reports no batteries installed nbsp I have tried resetting the computer as instructed by another post on here unplug power and all batteries and hold the power button for seconds but that did not help nbsp I can't find any kind of battery diagnostic tests within BIOS settings so I'm not really sure if this is an issue with the computer or the battery I bought the battery used but the seller guaranteed nbsp it was tested and that it worked Do I need to use the docking station to charge it My guess is no since it has its own battery connection but I can't really find much information about it There is a button on the front of the battery with a battery icon on it but it doesn't seem to make any difference I've tried both tapping it and holding it down

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Ultra-slim-Battery-Not-Working-Flashing-Battery-LED/td-p/5739262
Relevancy 46.87%

May be too many processes running Not sure but this is DAWG Newish PC a Help My - Dell is super duper slow for what it should be doing I ran a log from Hijack This - can I get some input I really Help - My Newish PC is a DAWG appreciate it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files HP Button Manager Button Manager exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Steam steam exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Berylin AppData Local Citrix ICA Client wfcrun exe C Users Berylin AppData Local Citrix ICACLI WFICA EXE C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil f exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O ... Read more

A:Help - My Newish PC is a DAWG

If there is anyone out there who can help it would be very very very much appreciated. I am happy to make a donation etc.... Can't handle this machine though!!

Thanks so muh for the consideration.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-newish-pc-is-a-dawg.867573/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi y all I need help I bought this computer in July of and have already killed the dang thing Give me software and I ll have it doing tricks in no time but don t ask me nuthin about the back end - I m stumped I used to download games from some torrent sites note the USED to When one Windows dead Newish 7 that I wanted didnt work I made the horrible mistake of downloading the torrent from a google search site Youch Everything closed computer turned off and when it turned back on it said something to the effect of that s not a valid boot option Got a CD to try I ve tried the Newish Windows 7 dead Kapersky rescue disk I made the day I bought it I ve tried re-installing with the disks that came with the computer I ve done the F and had it test everything tried to turn it back to stock via the F - nothing is working The testing shows everything is working fine no errors but when I try to boot I continually get the not a valid boot option I don t know what to do I m running the F tests again just in case because it s been about a month since this happened I thought maybe it just needed to sleep lol Help

A:Newish Windows 7 dead

Hello Kyndri,Welcome to the forum.Please refrain from doing any fix or making any changes to the system from now on until we are done unless you decide you can do the rest on your own. Thank you.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.
If you are using Windows 8 consult How to use the Windows 8 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt to enter System Recovery Command prompt.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7 enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.
Note: In case you can not enter System Recovery Options by using F8 method, you can use Windows installation disc, or make a repair disc. Any Windows installation disc or a repair disc made on another computer can be used.
To make a repair disk on Windows 7 consult: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt

Once in the Command Prompt:In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.The tool will start to run.When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479278/newish-windows-7-dead/
Relevancy 46.44%

Background:
So I built this machine about a month ago, and it was working fine till a week ago, when I started getting random BSODs. They're not always the same call-out, and was wondering if you could help me get to the bottom of it. I am not aware of any changes, except for maybe video card driver updates, that could be causing this.

Problem:

BF3 is crashing for random reasons, I never find out why. I had crossfire enabled and disabled it and it still crashed. Sometimes I get a BSOD while playing bf3, other time I was just on youtube.

System:
Win 7, 64bit
i5-2500K
ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
2x MSI Twin Frozr R6950 III's
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
120GB Crucial M4 SSD as boot drive
4x 2TB in RAID5 for storage.

What first step should I take?

Thanks,
Chris

A:BSODs on newish machine

The minidump is not readable. Can you repost it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-on-newish-machine.174695/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there im having problems with my Laptops HDD It s a samsung sata gb internal HD It s a replacement for the one im using now which is the original which came with the laptop A probs Bad HD sectors, newish - few days ago HD probs - Bad sectors, newish i got an error about a Cyclic Redundancy Check error whilst trying to copy a rather large file to another HD weird i thought but thought no more of it and decided to try again later as that usually works with me and technology however later the file could not be copied and gave the same error Worse other files could not be moved for HD probs - Bad sectors, newish the same reason I assumed that perhaps the files large as they were had become fragmented I ran HD probs - Bad sectors, newish windows defragmenter tool which told me that i needed to defrag the drive as it was about fragmented which doesn t sound good However each run of the defrag program stopped at around about and each run went faster and faster I got it down to fragmented though I tried to move the files again same error So i checked out the error on google and most problems seem to indicate a HD on the end of its lifespan This is not possible in my case as the HD is only months old Regardless i tried some of the suggested tools and each failed Spinrite Errored with the message quot Final verification of its ability to safely read and write data to this drive has failed quot I also said i should check for a bios upgrade however this computer being a laptop no upgrades are available because laptop makers don t do upgrades at least HP doesn t HDD Regenerator This did NOT fail but was only working at a speed of - MB per minute Obviously created back when storage space wasn t yet in the double figures it is simply not appropriate for a GB HDD i worked out it would take about weeks to complete the process So now i m wondering whats going on I m not sure what to do next and am just going to have to keep trying the plethora of HD repair tools that are available and free which promise to help But does anyone have experience of similar problems any tips to help end or ease my suffering Once again its a samsung sata gb driver inside a hp DV laptop There is no way the drive could have become quot dead quot in the short month period i have owned it s Thanks nbsp

A:HD probs - Bad sectors, newish

*bump* anyone???

Please help if you can this is an important problem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-probs-bad-sectors-newish.722741/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I bought a Installing on machine XP a newish Dell Inspiron earlier in the year with Windows preinstalled Dell only provide Win drivers for the machine I wanted to put XP Home SP the newest disk only license I had on this machine and I ve done so but there are a few glitches and I wondered if anyone had seen or heard of similar faults If so I d be very grateful to hear the fixes To get it to install XP I had to change the quot SATA Operation quot I believe setting in the bios from AHCI to ATA I believe that this makes the bios emulate PATA mode rather than SATA for older OSes Here is the problem Constant CPU usage of - with fan noise as you d expect Task Manager shows the system as idle - as I d expect normally but this doesn t account for the usage Process Explorer shows more information the is accounted for by hardware interrupts mostly DiskMon shows lots of disk activity but I was running windows update at the time which means lots of activity is probably normal I ve checked the Device Manager Installing XP on a newish machine and the hard disk is not operating with DMA on just PIO so presumably the BIOS emulation doesn t support DMA correctly Would DMA make this much difference Disk operations seem to take times longer too Here is my SysInfo output Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium II processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc TKV A JZX YL CN I Antivirus None It s not a PII it s a Core i M GHz it does feel like a PII though with the extremely slow disk access I installed all intel chipset drivers that seemed relevant and the only remaining yellow exclamation in device manager was the Intel Management Engine Interface but this has gone away so some driver or windows update that I ve installed has solved that meaning there are no problems as far as device manager can see I installed SP and then a couple of rounds of windows updates still doing these I d hoped that SP would include a generic or multi-purpose SATA driver allowing me to revert the BIOS back to normal but it didn t I tried switching the BIOS back to AHCI and it blue-screened so had to change it back to ATA Any ideas What do I need to install to be able to revert the bios or is that not the problem should I be looking elsewhere Thanks Craig nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Ever since I started using kaspersky 2010 my cpu fan has been quite loud. Every five minutes the fan gets loud for about a minute, then shuts up. No dust on the fan whatsoever. Could this be a temp issue? A kaspersky issue? Started happening after my kaspersky found riskware in the form of a kernel. Sorry I'm not near my pc now, I'm at work. Next ona vulnerability scan it identified kaspersky avp.exe as a vulnerability, not cool.

Relevancy 46.44%

I ve had this computer for a few months now I keep it pretty clean and secure which is basically code for no material I shut down today needs beefing Newish computer up. for some windows updates When I restarted I got this thing about startup failed and it launched startup repair I had this problem with my laptop and the only way I could find to fix it was a factory reset With the age of this computer and how much I spent on it I want to solve this as quickly as possible I m sure there s nothing here Newish computer needs beefing up. but I went ahead and got a htj log I got a quick error message I clicked OK and it finished the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Newish computer needs beefing up. SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies AMDUSB DeviceDetector nusb mon exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files HTC ModeSelection VMMModeSelection exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update Newish computer needs beefing up. jusched exe C Program Files x NETGEAR WNDA WNDA EXE C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Nick Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http nmd msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http nmd msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AMD SteadyVideo BHO - C BAE- C- E D- FC -E A C D - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run VMM Mode Selection C Program Files HTC ModeSelection VMMModeSelection exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run GoogleDriveSync quot C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe quot autostart O - Global Startup NETGEAR WNDA Genie lnk C Program Files x NETGEAR WNDA WNDA EXE O - Extra button C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WindowsLiveWriterShortcuts dll - - C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - C Program Files x Windows Live Writer WriterBrowserExtension dll O - Extra Tools menuitem C Program Files x Windows Live Writer Window... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

i basically just finished gutting my old system and replacing the mobo, cpu, psu, and ram and to top it all off a brand, spankin new LED monitor which is all great except i can't get the display to work,

ive encountered this type of problem in the past, has something to do with the onboard video card still being active and the solution would simply be to use the mobos vga port, however this mobo does not hav a vga port

please help, i just wanna play scii

Specs:

Win 7 32-bit
mobo-870AG54/ 870U-G54
GPU- evga nvidia gts 250
CPU- Phenom x4 3.4 ghz
PSU- xps-750W-bes
RAM- 6gb g.skill not important

thanks again in advance

A:Just set up a newish rig, cant get monitor to display

This could be caused to many things, depending on the situation.
Do you get a completely blank screen, i.e. nothing AT ALL (not even a BIOS/POST)?

If so, make sure that the monitor is set to the correct input type (if connected via DVI, make sure its set to that, likewise for VGA). Most monitors will auto-detect, but I've seen some that don't.

Secondly, make sure that the RAM is correctly seated and is in the right slots (dual channel memory requires you insert the pairs correctly. You should refer to the system board manual for information on this). Also ensure that none of the modules are defective - test this by booting up with one module at a time.

Thirdly, the graphics card has the potential to be defective - but this is rare. If possible, test in another machine.

Test the monitor on another machine to rule out that it is not the monitor itself that is the problem. While new, it is not impossible for it to be DOA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-set-up-a-newish-rig-cant-get-monitor-to-display.938898/
Relevancy 46.44%

Just transferred over to a new case and psu.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
PSU: Thermaltake 750w

I was curious about temperatures with this build because this case does not have a front panel temp like my old one. so i decided to check out CPUID and get these readings...hopefully they are good.

I have a Kuhler 620 h20 water cooler
intake fans on back and top
outake side and front

Relevancy 46.01%

i basically just finished gutting my old system and replacing the mobo, cpu, psu, and ram and to top it all off a brand, spankin new LED monitor which is all great except i can't get the display to work,

ive encountered this type of problem in the past, has something to do with the onboard video card still being active and the solution would simply be to use the mobos vga port, however this mobo does not hav a vga port

please help, i just wanna play scii

Specs:

Win 7 32-bit
mobo-870AG54/ 870U-G54
GPU- evga nvidia gts 250
CPU- Phenom x4 3.4 ghz
PSU- xps-750W-bes
RAM- 6gb g.skill not important

thanks again in advance

A:Solved: Just set up a newish rig, cant get monitor to display

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080801112237AAXTUe5

i was reading ^ this ^ wen it said something about the power supply, i remember seeing something wrong with the 24-pin connector strip, that one of the slots didnt hav a metal node, or w.e they are, on the inside. I;m going to try using my old PSU see if i hav any luck then

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-just-set-up-a-newish-rig-cant-get-monitor-to-display.938897/
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay first off I know a little bit about the TV s but I and me! are Widescreen Newish TV these - bugging all settings don t know all the new information and this is bugging me I have a Widescreen panasonic that supports multiple i i p yadda yadda yadda Then I have a set top cable box DVR that has about of these options don t have them on the top of my head I ll post the actual options of both when I get home and have it in front of me Also both my DVR and my TV have settings for changing things between and Again I can provide all options when I Newish TV - Widescreen and all these settings are bugging me! get home if you need specific verbage The problem is this no matter how I set the TV I get one of settings that I hate Newish TV - Widescreen and all these settings are bugging me! The picture on TV is normal but a black border on sides and a greyish border on the top and bottom Even on widescreen formatted movies Everything is stretched until you get to a widescreen formatted show then it goes to normal I can get it so its not stretched and is like normal but widescreen won t fill the Newish TV - Widescreen and all these settings are bugging me! TV HOW IN THE HECK do I get formatted shows to show with black sides on either side and it automatically fill the entire screen when in widescreen and NOT have to fiddle with the settings at all on either the TV or the set top box The box came with no manual from Brighthouse networks and the TV really only has hookup instructions nothing on making the picture work the way you want it to I can provide makes models and true settings names when I get home if needed nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Please help Ok heres the deal MY computer was awesome no complaint Dell inspirion Heres the specs http reviews cnet com desktops dell-inspiron- computer Please looks old Solved: help skool Newish -athlon - - html I Tried downloading windows stupid move i know It malfuction my computer Finally after about Windows Iso s i was able to reinstall windows premium bit Just as before Then i had trouble finding a driver for my ethernet controller which i did Now the main problem is Solved: Please help Newish computer looks old skool my computer looks like its from windows classic very dull Ive tried fixing appearances no luck Did the adjust for best appearance under visiual and sound i click the aero them pack still look old school Solved: Please help Newish computer looks old skool clicked troubleshoot problems with transparency and other aero effects apllied fix errors automatically I got this The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows Display Driver Model WDDM Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for Solved: Please help Newish computer looks old skool a WDDM-compatible driver Clicked troubleshoot Troubleshoot was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found you can find more details below Problems found video card driver doesnt support aero effects Aero Publisher details Issues found Video card driver doesn t support Aero effectsVideo card driver doesn t support Aero effects The current video card driver isn t compatible with the Windows Display Driver Model WDDM Not fixed Update the driver for your video card Informational Potential issues that were checked Mirror drivers don t support Aero effectsMirror drivers don t support Aero effects A running program uses a mirror driver a type of display driver which is not compatible with the Aero desktop experience Issue not present Aero effects not supported on this Windows editionAero effects not supported on this Windows edition Some Aero features such as transparency are not included on certain Windows editions Issue not present The Windows Experience Index has not been computedThe Windows Experience Index has not been computed The Windows Experience Index base score measures the capability of your computer s hardware and software configuration and is one of many factors that determine whether the Aero desktop effects can run Issue not present Issues found Detection details Video card driver doesn t support Aero effects Not fixed The current video card driver isn t compatible with the Windows Display Driver Model WDDM Update the driver for your video card Informational Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM-compatible driver Potential issues that were checked Detection details Mirror drivers don t support Aero effects Issue not present A running program uses a mirror driver a type of display driver which is not compatible with the Aero desktop experience Aero effects not supported on this Windows edition Issue not present Some Aero features such as transparency are not included on certain Windows editions The Windows Experience Index has not been computed Issue not present The Windows Experience Index base score measures the capability of your computer s hardware and software configuration and is one of many factors that determine whether the Aero desktop effects can run Detection details Collection information Computer Name CRAIG-PC Windows Version Architecture amd Time Thursday November AM Publisher details Aero Display Aero effects such as transparency Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows Aero Display Aero effects such as transparency Package Version Publisher Microsoft Corporation which is messed up cause my computer was slick as the rest of em and my look like a future computer exagerating and i remember my score being higher also i ran anaylyze system for updates and herse what i got We re sorry we were unable to analyze your system Please return to the Drivers Home Return t... Read more

A:Solved: Please help Newish computer looks old skool

Sorry guys I did do my research as you can tell all the stuff i did above but i downloaded a driver that said urgent instead of the one that said recommended..went to dell,clicked all related drivers ..poped up like a device manager ,click video..downloaded the driver that said urgent. ..thanks anyways,,i knew u guys woulda solved it for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-newish-computer-looks-old-skool.1112956/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys,

I have another issue that I could really use some help with. I have a headset for gaming that I have been using for a while. When I plug it into my computer the sound works but the microphone does not. I have recently downloaded the latest version of realtek audio drivers, I have checked this headset on another windows 7 64 bit machine and the microphone works fine, I have made sure that it is plugged into the right ports and everything and that it is not muted in the program that I am trying to use it in. Is there any other checks you guys could guide me to so I can get this thing up and running.

Thanks again your help is always greatly appreciated

A:Can't get my headset mic to work in my newish setup

In Control Panel, go to the sound group. There should be three tabs in that window: Playback, Recording, and Sounds. What devices are listed in the Recording tab, and is there anything that looks like an error notification? Such as the words "currently unavailable" or a red X or something like that? Note any changes that occur when you plug in your headset and let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/226335-cant-get-my-headset-mic-work-my-newish-setup.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello For the past weeks or so my normally pretty fast gaming PC has been struggling with doing the most basic things such as opening folders in explorer saving or moving small JPG's and other small tasks like it Everything also feels unstable with programs like Media Player or a folder in explorer likely to crash if you dare do anything while it loads But I've noticed something very odd that might be connected to this In my system tray I PC Slow Extremely High-End Newish noticed a little program called quot directvobsub quot More disturbingly I noticed a couple hundred instances of this program open at the Newish High-End PC Extremely Slow same time and changing all the time some opening closing etc I attached a pic to show you what I mean This piece of unwanted malware does NOT show up in the process bar either How convenient Can this be the source of my misery I tried everything else unleashed Newish High-End PC Extremely Slow several virus scanners defragged did disc clean-up rebooted Nothing helps

A:Newish High-End PC Extremely Slow

Quote:

Originally Posted by MentalParadox

Hello. For the past 2 weeks or so, my normally pretty fast gaming PC has been struggling with doing the most basic things, such as opening folders in explorer, saving or moving small JPG's, and other small tasks like it. Everything also feels unstable, with programs like Media Player (or a folder in explorer) likely to crash if you dare do anything while it loads.

But I've noticed something very odd that might be connected to this. In my system tray, I noticed a little program called "directvobsub". More disturbingly, I noticed a couple hundred instances of this program open at the same time, and changing all the time (some opening, closing, etc). I attached a pic to show you what I mean...

This piece of unwanted malware does NOT show up in the process bar either. How convenient... Can this be the source of my misery?

I tried everything else... unleashed several virus scanners, defragged, did disc clean-up, rebooted... Nothing helps.

Update: It disappeared all of the sudden. All 200 instances of it. It reappears when I open a WMP file, but now it's only one instance. Turns out it's a subtitle codec thing. So... this is probably NOT the cause of the slow performance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/newish-high-end-pc-extremely-slow-1090546.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just got a computer from a friend of mine and it sometimes runs slowly and I have noticed what seems to be Slowly Newish Computer Running new files being added and stuff I know he had bit torrent on it but he got rid of it awhile ago he said I don't have access to a windows cd DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Bell Internet Security Services Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated B A BD - - -AEA -C BB B FW Bell Internet Security Services Firewall enabled BF -D - EC -ADAE-A F DFC A Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System Newish Computer Running Slowly svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Bell Bell Internet Security Services Fws exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Newish Computer Running Slowly Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bell Bell Internet Security Services AVG Identity Protection agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Bell Bell Internet Security Services RpsSecurityAwareR exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Bell Internet Service Advisor ServicepointService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Personal Vault Backup Manager VaultClientSRV exe C Program Files Personal Vault Newish Computer Running Slowly Backup Manager VaultClientUpgrade exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Bell Bell Internet Security Services rps exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files BellCanada McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Bell Internet Service Advisor BISA exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Bell Internet Service Advisor BISAComHandler exe C Program Files Bell Bell Internet Security Services AVG Identity Protection agent Bin AVGIDSMonitor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Akamai C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k bdx C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp sympatico msn ca uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe uRun Pando Media Booster c program files pando networks media booster PMB exe mRun High Definition Audio Propert... Read more

A:Newish Computer Running Slowly

Hello, and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

Thanks,
K27.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/newish-computer-running-slowly-492098.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I occasionally receive these 0x9f bluescreens when the system is unattended.

? Dell XPS 8100/Windows 7
? x64
? Original system build, but deleted most of the preloaded software
? Purchased February 2010
? i7 860 @ 2.8ghz
? ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card

I've disabled the Logmein Mirror Driver due to unexpected results when connecting via RDP. I've also installed a registry hack to enable RDP in 7 Home Premium. (i forget where I found it)

A:0x9f driver_power_state_failure on newish desktop

Hi,

5 BSODs in event logs - earliest in Feb 2010 just after you purchased the system.

Only one minidump file, but as they all appear to be identical this should not matter.

I approached this one using 2 different techniques, and got 2 different probable causes - disk.sys and sbp2port.sys.

These are both Microsoft Drivers, almost never the true cause.

Run Driver Verifier to try and get the real cause to show itself

Driver Verifier

Quote:

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Out of Date Drivers

Code:

LMIRfsDriver.sys Tue Jul 15 04:26:56 2008 (487B7E50)
RaInfo.sys Sat Jan 05 07:57:14 2008 (477E818A)

Both are LogMeIn drivers, the fact that they are out of date could have been the cause of your problems with your LogMeIn software.

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY - p/c disk.sys
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Fri Jul 23 02:36:47.999 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:42:39.139
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800aa4b050, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800ae738b0}
Probably caused by : disk.sys
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_IMAGE_disk.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

BUGCHECK SUMMARY - p/c sbp2port.sys
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Fri Jul 23 02:36:47.999 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:42:39.139
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800aa4b050, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800ae738b0}
Probably caused by : sbp2port.sys
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_disk_IMAGE_sbp2port.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/0x9f-driver_power_state_failure-on-newish-desktop-499828.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok so i built a brand new computer about months ago since ive gotten it it has really not impressed me I have been getting constant BSOD and just recently restarting for no reason I have an AMD phenom x t processor ATI HIS HD gpu asus m a series mobo W power supply four fans running on medium speed WD tb HDD patriot GB SSD OCZ obsidian MHZ ram gigs At first i was BSOD alot on start up but soon found out it was two bad sticks of ram I replace those and all was good for a while but most of the time when iam playing a game or just browsing the internet I will BSOD with a few different errors BAD POOL CALLER BAD POOL HEADER SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION VIDEO SCHEDULER HAS ENCOUNTERED A FATAL ERROR It happens when i play Aion WoW Cod pretty much any game it seems to happen when i click on something and or close a program I never run over degrees C for my CPU and i have constantly kept updating my video drivers along with ALL my device drivers I am not sure if motherboard needs drivers but one thing i did notice was when i boot in safe mode it says loading something or other and in the lines of text it says windows would someone please help me and computer Newish BSOD restart problems. out or suggest some free to use trouble shooting programs thanks

A:Newish computer BSOD and restart problems.

I found ALL of the BSOD errors in C:\Windows\Minidump there is about 26 of them, i open it in wordpad but i do not know how to find the error or even how to read it

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138825-newish-computer-bsod-restart-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Greetings Forgive the newbiness here I've been using computers since my Mac was helping me Mod dialups on my last Mac so I'm not exactly new I am new to this forum fully Inspiron reboot won't Newish Dell I first posted my problems on another hobby board where I usually get pretty good advice on just about anything I first thought I had a virus and that doesn't seem to be the problem I'm going to repost all of what I stated there to show what I've done to isolate Newish Dell Inspiron won't fully reboot fix the problem including virus scans attempts and such Advice I received will be posted where relevant I'll leave out the quot get a Mac quot and quot throw it out the window quot comments lt grin gt First the basics Two year old-ish Dell Inspiron Newish Dell Inspiron won't fully reboot N if Newish Dell Inspiron won't fully reboot memory serves running Windows g of RAM I run Avast free edition I bought it few from Dell's referb page but it hadn't ever been used before I think it was the last of the run or something Shortly after the -year warranty ran out of course I kept getting a black screen notifying me of a kernel dump telling me to notify the admin and I couldn't reboot into Windows After about minutes with Dell's people on the phone the guy had me reboot and do an F then quot restore defaults quot and quot save and reboot quot which solved the problem Since then the same thing happens about every other week but the fix works and I'm good to go again I relate that to explain that yesterday I got up and wanted to check my email quickly before leaving but the screen was black and had some information on it but it looked different than the usual problem but I was in a hurry so I didn't bother to read it and just did the usual F thing So now I can boot into Windows and get to the quot choose user quot screen and it locks up after I enter my password I can get into the computer with SafeMode and do almost anything for a while If I try to run Avast it locks up at stuck there overnight I'm trying to run SUPERAntiSpyware and it's locked up on IEDIAGCMD exe I doubt that file is the problem because it started going really slow shortly before that one Oh I ran SUPER days ago and was clean Oh and it won't let me set up a boot-check which is suspicious to me as well cont

A:Newish Dell Inspiron won't fully reboot

Suggestion:
Create another account and do the cleaning up there. Once you have all your data files backed up or transferred delete that account and see what happens.

Some virus are attached to only that user account.
Great idea, thanks.

Created account with admin access. Rebooted, selected that account, took forever to create background, locked up. Rebooted into SafeMode with new account, ran Avast. Ran okay for about two minutes and then got stuck on file 3306 which happens to be \Avast\AvastBCL-Sfx.exe and it's been at 4% for about 15 minutes.

I'm going to reboot again into SafeMode into the new account and then try to schedule the boot-scan, but I don't have much hope.
Nope, booted into Windows.

Suggestion:

I have trusted and successfully used only MS MRT and MSE to keep both a desktop and laptop (XP and 7, respectively) clean and running for years. And this did not say I never got nasty sh!t on either computer. Both got hit bad many times. It is the nature of what happens when you visit questionable websites. But the point is, those two tools have cleaned up everything. Well, I guess not everything. Once I did have to resort to a system restore. That was the real bad one which stopped both of those utilities from running.

Reply:Tried MRT while in SafeMode w/Networking. Stopped at 30 seconds with Bluetooth Suite\AthBtTray.exe and locked up for five minutes.

Rebooted and tried it while in SafeMode without networking. Stopped at the exact same point.

grr

cont:

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/290350-newish-dell-inspiron-wont-fully-reboot.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hiya I have a Toshiba x pretty new laptop with bit vista oh god Lately its been running incredibly sluggish freezing up when clicking on software windows specifically open MS Office or Itunes More worrisome is when I reboot or turn the computer back on after sleeping I'll have quot rolled quot back a bit where my recycle bin has items I deleted yesterday my recent items and browser history restart CPU, and NEWISH LOSING sluggish on data are from days ago and any new data I had such as typing in word is LOST The last time this happened to a different HP I had it was a bad memory NEWISH CPU, sluggish and LOSING data on restart board frying my harddrives CLEAN scans Kaspersky paid full internet security SAS and A trojan scanner Hijack Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray NEWISH CPU, sluggish and LOSING data on restart exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files JGsoft EditPadLite EditPadLite exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files NEWISH CPU, sluggish and LOSING data on restart Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Hijackthis HiJackThis v exe O - Gopher Prefix O - DPF EB E A- A - AB -A FB- BD C F F CKAVWebScan Object - http www kaspersky com kos eng par an unicode cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com ge sh swflash cab O - Protocol grooveLocalGWS - FED C-F CA- -A - CB B CD - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveSystemServices dll O - AppInit DLLs C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL C PROGRA KASPER KASPER r hook dll C PROGRA KASPER KASPER adialhk dll O - Winlogon Notify SASWinLogon - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASWINLO dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories cache daemon - C EF- B - d -BE - C - C Windows system browseui dll O - Service a-squared Free Service a free - Emsi Software GmbH - C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe O - Service Kaspersky Internet Security AVP - Kaspersky Lab - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe O - Service ConfigFree Service CFSvcs - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe O - Service Intel R PROSet Wireless Event Log EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service HP Port Resolver - Hewlett-Packard Company - C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X HPBPRO EXE O - Service HP Status Server - Hewlett-Packard Company - C Windows system spool DRIVERS W X HPBOID EXE O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service Pml Driver HPZ - HP - C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL DRIVERS W X HPZipm exe O - Service PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C Windows system PnkBstrA exe O - Service Intel R PROSet Wireless Registry Service RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe -- End of file ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/newish-cpu-sluggish-and-losing-data-on-restart-233744.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Ok so i built a brand new computer about months ago since ive gotten it it has really not impressed me I have been getting constant BSOD and just recently computer BSOD restart and Newish problems. restarting for no reason I have an AMD Newish computer BSOD and restart problems. phenom x t processor ATI HIS HD gpu asus m a series mobo W power supply four fans running on medium speed WD tb HDD patriot GB SSD OCZ obsidian MHZ ram gigs At first i was BSOD alot on start up but soon found out it was two bad sticks of ram I replace those and all was good for a while but most of the time when iam playing a game or just browsing the internet I will BSOD with a few different errors BAD POOL CALLER BAD POOL HEADER SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION VIDEO SCHEDULER HAS ENCOUNTERED A FATAL ERROR It happens when i play Aion WoW Cod pretty much any game it seems to happen when i click on something and or close a program I never run over degrees C for my CPU and i have constantly kept updating my video drivers along with ALL my device drivers I am not sure if motherboard needs drivers but one thing i did notice was when i boot in safe mode it says loading something or other and in the lines of text it says windows would someone please help me out or suggest some free to use trouble shooting programs thanks

A:Newish computer BSOD and restart problems.

Hi Gaupo. Please read this thread, follow the instructions and post back. We will be glad to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138824-newish-computer-bsod-restart-problems.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I routinely get BSOD while playing League of Legends.

I pulled this off of WhoCrashed

If I could get some information as to what I should try next, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Edit: Added SF Diagnostic Tool info

A:BSOD on newish custom computer while playing LoL

Your's a desktop PC. Right?
Hibernation/sleep is not needed for a desktop PC at all as it runs from external source of power. It is useful for laptops, as it preserves battery charge. Hibernation is causing problems for you.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)
The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000b, The hibernation file is too small.
Arg2: 000000017fdee000, Size of the hibernation file.
Arg3: 0000000000000003, HIBERFILE_PROGRESS_MEMORY_RANGES
Arg4: 000000000c140000, Size of the remaining memory ranges.

Debugging Details:
------------------
Disable hibernation. Follow Hibernate - Enable or Disable

Most probably you are overclocking? There is Gigabyte OC Guru entry in your startup. As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
At lease 30% extra is safe.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.
___________________________________________________________________________________
BSOD ANALYSIS:

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000096, fffff800030b20b8, fffff8800330f858, fffff8800330f0b0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiWriteComplete+190 )

Followup: MachineOwner
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A0, {b, 17fdee000, 3, c140000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PopWriteHiberPages+a3 )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000096, fffff800030cc0b8, fffff8800330f858, fffff8800330f0b0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiWriteComplete+190 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290496-bsod-newish-custom-computer-while-playing-lol.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all. I was just hoping someone might have experienced this or had a software solution. I've reinstalled the sound drivers and run one of those lenovo comprehensive hardware checks and the troubleshooting and nothing has worked. Sound works fine when I plug in headphones. I'm just hoping it's not a hardware issue cause the nearest service center is 100+ miles from me and I'm going back to school this upcoming week. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Newish-Lenovo-Ideapad-100-15IBD-speakers-not-working/td-p/3397535
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm please user assistance new install, BSOD - requested newish quite familiar with installing using XP but I have recently upgraded to Win bit Pro I got a deal at the end of to buy an quot upgrade quot CD which I downloaded from MS - you can upgrade an existing BSOD assistance requested please - newish install, new user XP installation I installed a clean XP OS bit Pro then upgraded to Win bit Pro It worked fine for about a week during which time I installed no new hardware but did install Firefox Thunderbird Google Sketchup and a few software utilities So to sum up X bit Pro downloaded from MS as an upgrade MD matched OK H W is perhaps years old OS is a fortnight old The attached perfmon and jcgriff files are contained in the attached Windows NT BSOD jcgriff zip file Symptoms - a spontaneous OS crash BSOD and immediate reboot whilst doing nothing in particular - maybe moving the mouse maybe reading an html page maybe send receiving emails I did have SP installed and now I have uninstalled it but the BSODs keep happening Presumably the rest of the info I need to supply is in the minidumps - hope so If you can point me in the right direction h w failure devise driver failure corrupt DLL I would be very grateful I have spent many hours sorting out my computer recently and I am not getting very far Thanks in advance RF

A:BSOD assistance requested please - newish install, new user

Please reinstall SP1 - it is remarkably stable and trouble-free.

MSINFO32 shows a bunch of STOP 0xB8 errors in PGPwded.sys - a component of PGP Desktop. Please uninstall it and see if that stops the BSOD's (this is also the cause cited in the memory dumps that are analyzed below).
Also, PGP Desktop seems to have a slew of vulnerabilities - so an independent virus scan is advisable ( free here: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners (read the details at the link) )

I have also seen issues with the Samsung Kies program - please uninstall it until we're finished troubleshooting.

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall/remove them from your system. Reference links included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)
PGPfsfd.sys Thu Oct 14 18:09:50 2010 (4CB77FAE)
Pgpwdefs.sys Thu Oct 14 18:19:22 2010 (4CB781EA)
PGPwded.sys Thu Oct 14 18:17:23 2010 (4CB78173)
point32.sys Tue Dec 14 06:09:17 2010 (4D07505D)
MpFilter.sys Tue Sep 14 17:23:59 2010 (4C8FE7EF)
dc3d.sys Tue Dec 14 06:09:21 2010 (4D075061)
nvlddmkm.sys Fri Jul 09 17:15:14 2010 (4C379162)
nvBridge.kmd Fri Jul 09 17:10:11 2010 (4C379033)
Rt86win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:22 2009 (49A65B16)
PGPdisk.SYS Thu Oct 14 18:20:28 2010 (4CB7822C)
PGPsdk.sys Thu Oct 14 18:19:25 2010 (4CB781ED)
FsUsbExDisk.SYS Thu Oct 08 22:36:21 2009 (4ACEA1A5)
MpKsl4d90ef9b.sys Tue Mar 30 22:06:14 2010 (4BB2AE16)
NisDrvWFP.sys Tue Sep 14 17:24:12 2010 (4C8FE7FC)
vmbus.sys Sat Nov 20 04:14:58 2010 (4CE79192)
winhv.sys Sat Nov 20 03:38:15 2010 (4CE788F7)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:19:01 2010 (4BA3A3F5)
MpNWMon.sys Tue Sep 14 17:23:50 2010 (4C8FE7E6)
MpKsl6718c8ba.sys Tue Mar 30 22:06:14 2010 (4BB2AE16)
MpKsl0588d3c4.sys Tue Mar 30 22:06:14 2010 (4BB2AE16)
MpKsl34f090ff.sys Tue Mar 30 22:06:14 2010 (4BB2AE16)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#point32.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#dc3d.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nvBridge.kmd
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#Rt86win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#FsUsbExDisk.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#NisDrvWFP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#winhv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#MpNWMon.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16695.x86fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Mon Mar 7 17:28:31.531 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:58:12.437
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PGPwded.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PGPwded.sys
Probably caused by : PGPwded.sys ( PGPwded+7da2 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xB8
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xB8_PGPwded+7da2
Bugcheck code 100000B8
Arguments 8611ab48 8684bd48 8e336fd0 00000000
BiosVersion = P1.60
BiosReleaseDate = 01/05/2007
SystemManufacturer = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
SystemProductName = To Be Filled By O.E.M.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7601.17514.x86fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Sun Mar 6 17:54:57.759 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:30:22.666
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PGPwded.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PGPwded.sys
Probably caused by : PGPwded.sys ( PGPwded+7da2 )
DEFAUL... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/149374-bsod-assistance-requested-please-newish-install-new-user.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I m hoping to get help for my mother s laptop which is a newish computer which begins 30mins slowly of laptop after Newish runs computing very about to run slowly after about m or so The specs are ------------------ System Newish laptop runs very slowly after about 30mins of computing Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DEBBIE-PC Operating Newish laptop runs very slowly after about 30mins of computing System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire BIOS InsydeH O Version V Processor AMD E- Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode I visited other posts on your forum to see if any of the issues other user s were having seemed like the ones I am having and I ran MBAM scans and AntiSuperSpyware scans MBAM was clean ASSpyware found tracking cookies which were cleaned in safe mode I m still noticing that the computer has the same slow down and was hoping I could get some other advice as to what could be the issue All Windows memory checks and check disks scans came back with no issues Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

A:Newish laptop runs very slowly after about 30mins of computing

Hello,probably not malware ,but let;s check for a TDSS rootkiy first.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.5.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com).

If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file

extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually

Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these[/color] instructions. [color=green]In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396191/newish-laptop-runs-very-slowly-after-about-30mins-of-computing/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I have a brand new HP laptop GB RAM Core Duo x GHz NVidia MB When I initially installed XP SP the thing booted very quickly Since then I have installed a number of hotfixes During one of these hotfixes don t know which the bootup behaviour changed The password screen comes up pretty quickly still but then after I have entered after install Newish XP hangs of Duo2 2GHZ entry on password the password and hit return the screen goes black and nothing happens for upto mins There is very little or no HD Newish install of XP on Duo2 2GHZ hangs after password entry activity and the network activity light flashes only very occasionally When I bring up task manager the processors are busy and there are no processes taking up excessive memory or CPU However the last process id is always a process called lsass exe using around KB and cpu Can anyone point me in the direction to find out what is causing - I presume - a timeout or indeed anywhere with this problem FYI if I put the OS into suspended mode it comes out of suspended mode very quickly as I Newish install of XP on Duo2 2GHZ hangs after password entry would expect Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Newish install of XP on Duo2 2GHZ hangs after password entry

hopwon said:

Hi
I have a brand new HP laptop 2GB RAM Core Duo2 2x2GHz, NVidia 7600 512MB.
When I initially installed XP SP2 the thing booted very quickly. Since then I have installed a number of hotfixes. During one of these hotfixes (don't know which) the bootup behaviour changed.
The password screen comes up pretty quickly still, but then after I have entered the password and hit return the screen goes black and nothing happens for upto 2 mins. There is very little or no HD activity and the network activity light flashes only very occasionally.
When I bring up task manager the processors are 0% busy and there are no processes taking up excessive memory or CPU. However the last process id is always a process called lsass.exe using around 2000KB and 1% cpu.
Can anyone point me in the direction to find out what is causing - I presume - a timeout or indeed anywhere with this problem.
FYI if I put the OS into suspended mode, it comes out of suspended mode very quickly as I would expect.
Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

Read the link I am providing and I would consider using the alert button to have a moderator with a gold shield help you out with this issue. It MAY be a bug, and the gold shields are the ones to help you with this.

Here is the link:
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/lsass.exe.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newish-install-of-xp-on-duo2-2ghz-hangs-after-password-entry.597227/
Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop PC is an IBM Thinkpad that recently had it's GB HDD changed out for a larger alive data.. HDD Newish filling unknown 149GB eaten with up and being GB HDD The original Win XP SP was transferred from the GB HDD to the new HDD Data was previously backed up to my portable GB HDD Almost at once a report of trojan MURLO was fixed by Spyware Full deep scans were run and all appeared to be well excxept the Free HDD space soon plummeted from GB to GB and falling It appears that all my genuine data is fine but the Free space has Newish 149GB HDD being eaten alive and filling up with unknown data.. been invaded and captured Newish 149GB HDD being eaten alive and filling up with unknown data.. I have no idea how to solve this and recover the Free space Another oddity to me is an Unknown device in Device Manager called ROOT LEGACY BEEP XX NPF XX I have run diagnostic tests like Chkdsk no errors and Smart Defrag which shows that space is occupied just about all over the HDD with little Free space I also fully run Norton and Malwarebytes Any suggestions gratefully received Adrian

A:Newish 149GB HDD being eaten alive and filling up with unknown data..

You are still infected with something that Norton cannot find. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus Help and do as many of those things as you can and skip those you can't and post in that section of the forum for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/newish-149gb-hdd-being-eaten-alive-and-filling-up-with-unknown-data-637633.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Making a long up Win7x64. install, date Frequent Newish with to drivers all BSOD ish story short I thought that software or drivers were causing a frequent BSOD problem I was having after some time and effort trying to reconcile it I opted for the quot nuke it Frequent BSOD with Win7x64. Newish install, all drivers up to date from space quot option reformatted the HD and Frequent BSOD with Win7x64. Newish install, all drivers up to date started from scratch Even with a fresh-fresh install of Win x I get what seem to be totally random crashes Sometimes I m running a game other times just browsing the Web other times nothing at all Specs Windows x SP MSI GM-P Motherboard AMD Athlon II X Quad Core CPU ATI Radeon HD GB video card Cooler Master Elite Mid-Tower Case Watt Power Supply B - x MB PC DDR Dual Channel Memory - MHz Non-ECC Unbuffered Delta sound card with breakout box Western Digital WD FAEX Caviar Black Hard Drive - TB RPM MB SATA System and OS Seagate Barracuda TB Low Power Hard Drive Data files music media All drivers are to the best of my limited knowledge up to date I ve installed more software since the initial setup to try to get some things done before the inevitable crashing but this was happening even with bare-bones software Chrome Microsoft Security Essentials OpenOffice Thunderbird CCleaner etc and no particular software would ever be running when the crash occurred I ve Frequent BSOD with Win7x64. Newish install, all drivers up to date run disk scans on the hard drives -- nothing bad reported from either the Microsoft native scan or the proprietary manufacturer scans I ve run memcheck for nine hours five passes with no errors reported Two minidump files are attached I ve er tried to view them but I m a bit of a clod when it comes to the more sophisticated aspects of computing and well BSOD A few people that have listened to my woes seem to think it s the video card or memory I don t have a ton of cash lying around so I d like to be more sure before I start buying things just to see if they make the problem go away One of the big issues is that I can t replicate the BSOD intentionally so I might try something and get five or six hours of continual use think quot aha that s solved it quot and then get four BSOD in minutes Thanks for any help provided

A:Frequent BSOD with Win7x64. Newish install, all drivers up to date

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393102/frequent-bsod-with-win7x64-newish-install-all-drivers-up-to-date/
Relevancy 43%

I have my hp elitebook 850 G3 for one month now. When it was new i could use it for 9 hours on airplane mode but now fully charged only 4 hours on airplane mode. I want it to be 9 hours on airplane mode aigain. I have also noticed that my precentage is going down faster than before and I only use word and microsoft edge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-battery-is-not-working-like-before/td-p/5799407
Relevancy 43%

Hello I and fan working. Battery not have the following queries regarding my year old notebook whose warranty just expired - nbsp I want to buy a new battery for my laptop as the original one does not work anymore So Battery and fan not working. I was thinking if I can get a battery with a more capacity than the original one so that it lasts longer How much would the battery cost nbsp My laptop's fan also stopped working a month ago I suspect it might be because of dust collected over time Can I get that checked too along with the battery at HP service center and how much would it cost if I need to replace the fan nbsp I also want to Battery and fan not working. upgrade my TB hard disk with a SSD Is there any exchange or buy-back program at HP And how much would it cost nbsp I want to add another GB RAM to the existing GB Any idea how much it'd cost if I do all the above together nbsp Thanks amp Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-and-fan-not-working/td-p/5827132
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I replaced the battery of my laptop ( Inspiron 17R SE 7720) with a new one.
But the Old one is 48 Wh and the new is 60wh.
When the laptop has started, this message appears " Warning, this battery is not recommended for this system use. It may only have limited features and non optimized performance. " .
What shall I do ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683091
Relevancy 43%

I juse recently purchased a lenovo ideapad 100s and my laptop won't turn on unless i have it plugged it into the charger. But the second i unplug it the laptop dies becuase the battery is always it 0% even if i have it charging for hours .

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/BATTERY-IS-NOT-WORKING/td-p/3426987
Relevancy 43%

Hi there,
I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521. Since a while now my laptop is given me messages explaining my battery has a fatal error and needs to be replaced. I have been searching for a different solution than simply replacing the battery/adapter and I've seen that a lot of people had to update their BIOS. I currently have BIOS A07. When I try to update using the driver I've gotten from your site this window pops up and tells me I have to plug in my battery and adapter. Both are plugged in but I can't seem to manage to start the update. 
I hope you guys can help me,Dries Vanden Broecke

A:Battery not working

Hi Dries Vanden Broecke,
Download the A14 BIOS here - http://dell.to/2diZOfL
Now, for the BIOS update to run, it is required that the battery be connected and battery should contain a minimum charge of 10% and the adapter needs to be detected in BIOS.
Having said this, Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?
Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992864
Relevancy 43%

Hi all of you that are reading my post.Here where i live the electricity is not good that means that we have electricity for two hours
then it dissconect for five minutes or more.I have a pc with UPS(battery) and when i go for work i let my pc turned on downloading,but as we know when the electricity missing the UPS take pc turned on for 15-20minutes and then it turned off without command.And i want to know if Pc have the ability to know if its working with turned electricity or UPS and if it knows which are the components that make it(software or hardware).Please help me!!! Thanks

Relevancy 43%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I recently took my laptop over to a friends house along with the wall charger and everything was working properly not working Laptop battery I get it home hours later plug everything back in like I normally have it set up and now the battery won't charge The battery icon says quot There is a problem with your battery so your computer might shut down suddenly quot and also quot Plugged in not Laptop battery not working charging Consider replacing your battery quot I did a little research on here and found a forum post from years ago in regards to an Asus laptop battery Laptop battery not working issue In that forum it was suggested to quot gt In Device Manager Under the Batteries category right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings and select Uninstall it s ok if you only have quot I don't know if that is my best option at this point or if my battery is toast The laptop is over years old If anyone could give me insight on how to fix this that would be great Thank you

A:Laptop battery not working

Hello Alldayvikings28 and welcome to Seven Forums.

If the battery still has a charge left, you might try running a power efficiency diagnostic report to see what the health of the battery is.

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

You could also remove the battery and run the laptop on AC power only just to rule out a computer issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282905-laptop-battery-not-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I put in my new battery; it has had more than 48 hours to charge, but when I turn on the notebook, it trys to start, and then just shuts down before it boots up at all.  Yes I used the same kind of battery, same brand, etc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-new-battery-not-working/td-p/5614075
Relevancy 42.14%

My hp steam 11 says it needs a new battery and  i have only had it for 6 months and it says the battey is 365 days old

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Urggg-my-battery-ist-working/td-p/5679522
Relevancy 42.14%

My Thinkpad T530 just stopped working on battery power and only powers/stays on when the AC adapter is connected. When it's connected and the battery is in though, the battery is detected and shows 100% charged. The second I unplug the AC adapter, the computer will cut off and it only turns on when the power is connected. Has anyone else experienced or remedied this issue? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Battery-Detected-Not-Working/td-p/3385862
Relevancy 42.14%

battery is not working. my pc is under warranty. I need a support from gandhinagar service station. please replace it as soon as possible.

A:need support. battery not working.

Prachi. Warranty Service Partners for Commercial Products http://www8.hp.com/in/en/support-drivers/contact-centers/commercial/west.html REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/need-support-battery-not-working/td-p/5637075
Relevancy 42.14%

I juse recently purchased a lenovo ideapad 100s and my laptop won't turn on unless i have it plugged it into the charger. But the second i unplug it the laptop dies becuase the battery is always it 0% even if i have it charging for hours .

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100S-BATTERY-IS-NOT-WORKING/td-p/3426987
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Toshiba A75 laptop. My battery had died and I got a new one but the laptop wont work on battery. It works on the AC adaptor. I got replacement batteries twice but same result. I got the laptop checked by a repair company and they say the motherboard is ok. Is there a possibility that the battery is not working due to software / drivers issue? When I put in the battery, it shows the charging light and charges to 100% but as soon as the power goes, the computer goes out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-working-on-battery.796174/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Gateway laptop that the Battery AC is not working right When I have just the AC plugged in and the battery removed the laptop works ok When I working Laptop Battery/AC right not plug in the battery the laptop runs off of the battery only and does not recognize the AC being connected The AC will not charge the battery When the battery dies the computer shuts down even though the AC is plugged in Then if I remove the battery and turn the laptop on it works I have plugged in the battery both Laptop Battery/AC not working right with the AC connected and with it not connected I have checked all the AC connections and they appear ok The status lights on the front of the laptop for the battery only turn solid red when the battery goes dead I have purchased new Rayovac batteries and have the same results Laptop Battery/AC not working right When I went into the BIOS to learn my old battery it said it was over voltage condition and it had no charge That is why I got a new battery The first new Rayovac battery was defective when I first plugged it in and I had to get another new battery Can anybody help me out Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway QTFBQS Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-ac-not-working-right.973793/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys nbsp I have a recognized, or Battery A/C. not without working charging problem with my ProBook for last couple days it won't run Battery recognized, not charging or working without A/C. or charge the battery Windows shows the battery it can also read its capacity with nbsp powercfg -energy all it says is charging but the percentage never moves and if I remove my A C cable notebook shuts down nbsp nbsp What I did as a troubleshoot nbsp Different battery - Doesn't work Same battery in a different notebook G - It works Removing battery drivers from windows and re-installing the battery - Doesn't work Checking the cable connectors on a motherboard - All seems to be fine Changing -PIN cable of a battery - Doesn't work Flashing Updating BIOS - Doesn't work nbsp I've heard read there would be a screw or something which will dock lock the battery in order to work but I can't locate it myself if it even exist nbsp nbsp My very last thought on this would be a matherboard failure but I can't be sure as battery is recognized by windows just fine nbsp What should I try next nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-recognized-not-charging-or-working-without-A-C/td-p/5821459
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a new battery. The laptop is g560 working fine on AC adapter without battery in. When I put  the battery in the laptop starts draing the battery without charging. May be it will work if I uninstl the ACPI...thing  from windows 7 the problem is that impossible to turn on the machine with the empty battery  and the AC plugged in. Evry time switching on it tries to boot on battery ignoring the AC adaptor. I have no idea if the battery is charging when the laptop is turned off. 

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G560-ac-power-and-battery-not-working-together/td-p/3313670
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I recently had a new motherboard and lcd screen installed on my Dell inspiron After the tech guy installed the new reconditioned parts and left I went to move my laptop and the screen went black upon unplugging it I went into the bios and made sure that the settings were up on brightness on battery and it was all the way up If I plug it back in it is fine I called the tech that had just left my home and he said that due to him already closing that ticket I had to call Dell and open another The working screen power. not LCD battery on issue was that I was out of warranty that day this was his rd trip due to a faulty motherboard twice I explained to Dell this was an issue that only happened after the guy changed the lcd screen and it never happened before He told me I needed a new battery I knew mine was old but it had a little life in it i knew this wasn t the problem So I had to order a new battery and it obviously didn t fix the problem I called Dell back and they refused to help me due to being out of warranty I again exclaimed that it was due to the LCD screen not working on battery power. issue when I was under warranty He refused to help this was a manager told me I needed to ship my laptop to them to fix and a low cost of Anyway is there any other issue LCD screen not working on battery power. you could think of that could cause the lcd to not work on battery power yet be fine on ac power Also on battery power everything else works so I know it isn t everything effected Thanks in advance nbsp

A:LCD screen not working on battery power.

You might check the power settings in windows control panel.
It could be set for low or no backlight for power saving options.
Start/control panel/power options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-screen-not-working-on-battery-power.905025/
Relevancy 41.71%

My external battery is not working.  I get the following errors when I start my computer. 1. Power Manager Guage - An error occurred while loading this resource.2. There was a problem laodgin (x86)\Thinkpad\Utilities\PWMTR64V.dll A dynamic link library (DLL) initalizaiton routine failed. Under Lenovo Settings - Power manger it says my second battery is in bad condition.  I bought a new battery and it still displays this message. Under battery gague reset it says 90% remaining for the second batery.  I'm running windows 10 / 64bit and have done all the lenovo updates and attempted to reinstall the related driver. 

A:T440s external battery not working

Hi Dan, Do you have a setup.exe file located in the c:\program files\Lenovo\settingsdependency\power  folder, and if so, can you try running that and see if the problem goes away?     I should add, that it might just say Setup, and not actually say Setup.exe depending on your view settings, but run it anyway.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440s-external-battery-not-working/td-p/3307951
Relevancy 41.71%

The battery is not working at all it keep changing but its 0% nothing when i insert it the small LED that is beside the power change cable start to blink red colour then blue red then blue but when i remove the battery nothing its just blue there is no any red blinking

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-not-working-Doesn-t-Charge/td-p/5795163
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello HPForums,I realized the battery had troubles when I unplugged my laptop to take it to the bathroom (haha). I turned off inmediately. So I checked for the battery to be well connected and it was OK. When I removed it, i found this gummy yellow substance that smells sweet on one of the sides. It was both in the battery and on the slot.(See photo attached).  Battery is PI06 manufactured on 2013. The battery doesn't work but the computer do knows it is plugged in. Is there a fix? And what was the cause of this leak? I handle my computer really carefully and don't leave it plugged often. Thanks!f

A:Battery leaked and stopped working. How to fix it?

@giantfrancor

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-leaked-and-stopped-working-How-to-fix-it/td-p/5660667
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys.

I've search the forum but I can't find anything relevant.

I don't like leaving my laptop on charge all the time and I sometimes forget to switch the battery charger on and Windows shuts down.

Now in Control Panel - Sounds you can set various sounds for various operations I made my own Chargebattery.wav and enabled it for Critical Battery Alarm and Low Battery Alarm and they both test ok. When the battery gets low it doesn't play the wave file.

Does anyone know why it doesn't sound on a low battery or am I missing something in the sound settings?

Cheers.

A:Need the charge battery sound working?

Well I posted this thread a week ago and 80 users have read it but no one has made a comment.

As anyone any suggestions to try?

I've downloaded Battery Meter Gadget but thats only a visual warning so you would have to have the sidebar on top all the time plus it doesn't play any sounds?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/292047-need-charge-battery-sound-working.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Can someone please help
I recently bought a new charger cable for my hp compaq 6720s and since then my battery wont charge and when it is plugged in the mains (the only way the laptop works) the mouse on my laptop doesn't work either, i've also tried using an external mouse but that doesn't work also. is it the charger i bought which is faulty or the battery, or even just the laptop itself?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:battery not charging and mouse not working

There could be a problem internally, with your laptop such as the motherboard, causing both the keyboard and battery problem.

1.) Have you tried removing the laptop battery, and testing it with just the adapter plugged in to see if it still works without powering down? If it powers down while plugged in-with the battery removed, there is a problem with the computer itself or the power adapter.

2.) When you say your are using an external mouse, is it a corded mouse or is it wireless? (It is best to swap with a wired mouse instead of a wireless for troubleshooting purposes)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-not-charging-and-mouse-not-working.1003239/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

Me and my sister have the same laptop with windows 7 ultimate 32bit running on each one. The problem is my sisters laptop is not detecting the laptop battery charger when inserted. Her battery and charger works fine as I tested them on my laptop and both fully functional and even my own battery and charger does not work on her laptop.

When the charger is plugged in no message or charging icon comes up, just the normal battery icon. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with the laptop.

any help please?

Thanks

A:Laptop not detecting a working battery

Hello slizza and welcome to Seven Forums.

Could you post some additional information about the laptop like make and model? Sometimes a computer manufacturer installs their own software that controls how a machine will work. Just as an example, on a Sony Vaio they have what's called Vaio Care. This software can override the built in Windows 7 power plan settings.

In the meantime, you could compare the power plan settings on your laptop to the settings on your sister's laptop and make sure they're the same. You could also run a power diagnostics efficienty report to see if your sister's machine is showing any issues.

Power Plan Settings - Change

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

You could also open Device Manager and see if there are any warning symbols for the battery. This could indicate a driver issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/218112-laptop-not-detecting-working-battery.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys.I've search the forum but I can't find anything relevant.I don't like leaving my laptop on charge all the time and I sometimes forget to switch the battery charger on and Windows shuts down.Now in Control Panel - Sounds you can set various sounds for various operations I made my own Chargebattery.wav and enabled it for Critical Battery Alarm and Low Battery Alarm and they both test ok. When the battery gets low it doesn't play the wave file. It does show the low battery tooltip in the systray but you can easily miss that.Does anyone know why it doesn't sound on a low battery or am I missing something in the sound settings?I've downloaded Battery Meter Gadget but thats only a visual warning so you would have to have the sidebar on top all the time plus it doesn't play any sounds?Cheers.

A:Need the charge battery sound working?

Does no one have any comments on this?I made the Chargebattery.wav with 2nd Speech Center as the default Windows Battery Low.wav and Windows Battery Critical.wav are just bleeps mine says your battery needs charging. I also made a Trash.wav to empty the recycle bin that says your recycle bin has been emptied and that works great. If anyone wants these wav file let me know?The Battery Meter does play a few bleeps which is better than nothing.I put back the default Battery Low.wav and Windows Battery Critical.wav but Battery Meter still played the beeps. I removed Battery Meter and tried it again and it still didn't play the default sounds it just shows the yellow message at 10 minutes and the red one at 6 minutes so this system for playing sounds is obviously crap.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415888/need-the-charge-battery-sound-working/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey I ve got an N4050 14 working Inspiron Battery not Inspiron N bought years ago never had a problem with it of the time I used it directly connected to the power outlet at home When I plugged in the battery fully charged it went from to then to its s and s Inspiron 14 N4050 Battery not working real quick maybe in a matter of minutes and then shut down I then bought a new original battery because I thought that the fact of not using it in years and that the original battery was years old could be the reason I ve followed the guidelines and I m now using it for the first time I fully charged it and when I turned on the laptop it said it had around hrs min of battery After a few minutes around hours min Then it set at hr min After one hour of very low usage Used Microsoft Word and read a few PDF s its at with minutes left I checked that the computer was at power saving mode and all that The brightness is set far lower than high nbsp What should I do and where could the problem be coming from Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990019
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have Dell Ispiron 15 3542 and I am surprised that my laptop has been switched off directly even though the battery is 100% charged and even the charging icon is displaying at task bar when the charger is switched on. But red light for low battery goes on blinking and when the power cord is removed it switches off and if switched on the power cord a message appears as "Your battery has met with parmanent failure and needs to be replaced and press F1 to continue and press F2 for setup utility" 

Please help with the issues

A:Lap top not working even the battery is fully charged

I'd suggest you check Battery's status and health in the Battery Meter App. Please right click battery icon at taskbar, and then click on battery health. It should say Your Battery Is Performing Normally, if it say anything else then you most likely need a new one. Secondly, check battery status, if there's a checkmark in box by Enable Dell Extended Battery Life then uncheck it and restart computer.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986270
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys, I have a Tecra A10 0n Win 7 x64 Pro and has been working perfect for ages, all of a sudden the laptop went into hibernation and will now only boot up with AC plugged in.

The battery is fine as I have tried it on a different laptop without issue.

When I try to boot laptop without AC connected it loads to the Toshiba splash screen for a couple of seconds then dies.

Has anyone else had this or have an idea what the issue could be. Latest BIOS has been on for a while and all correct drivers are installed.

Laptop runs perfect with AC connected but tries to hibernate as soon as AC disconnects.

Could it be that the laptop cannot take power from the battery for longer than a couple of seconds?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Tecra A10-14P Wont run on a working battery

> Laptop runs perfect with AC connected but tries to hibernate as soon as AC disconnects.
For me it sounds like the battery charge level is very low and that the power management of the Win OS set the notebook to hibernation mode due to charging level.

Possibly the notebook does not charge the battery properly.
If you said that the battery is OK (don?t know how you test this) then there must be a issue with the battery charging system. This means that the motherboard is not OK.

However, in your case I would test the notebook with a new battery to be 100% sure that this issue is not related to a faulty battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63453-Tecra-A10-14P-Wont-run-on-a-working-battery
Relevancy 41.71%

New Aspire R3 battery won't charge. Was fine but now just recognises it is plugged in but not charging. Only 12% left.

A:My new Aspire R3 battery won't charge. Was working...

Hello, Have you tried this:1. Shut down your laptop2. Disconnect the AC adapter3. Wait few minutes4. Follow this procedure Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol on the bottom.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-new-Aspire-R3-battery-won-t-charge-Was-working-fine-but-now/td-p/422101/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi.  When I'm working on my Flex 3 on battery only, after about 20 minutes, the screen will "turn off."  I use quotations because the sreen turns black but it is back-lit.  Sound still works.  No buttons get me out of this frozen state and I have to hard restart the computer. Anybody else have this issue?  Computer is 1 month old. Thanks!

A:Flex 3 screen turns off when working on battery

I have exactly the same problem. Works fine when plugged in, but absolutely useless on battery, due to this random "black screen". My screen too is backlit, but the only way I have found to "wake-up" the screen is to reboot the computer. My Flex 3 came from Costco, and I am planning to return it. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-3-screen-turns-off-when-working-on-battery/td-p/2237326
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all appologies for the long post nbsp I am using Windows and nbsp re-building an image for the Lenovo X & on working powerpoint ThinkPad X260 battery not as a few users have reported an error with Power Point in Office nbsp When on battery Power Point slide shows won't advance through the slides it just stops and won't move to next slide on keypress or mouse click on mains power it works fine I had a mess around with a users laptop that has the issue and installing Lenovo System Update and installing all the available updates and drivers solved the problem so I re-created the image on another nbsp X nbsp ThinkPad X260 on battery & powerpoint not working and the problem returned but now installing Lenovo System update and all software amp drivers doesn't fix the issue this is on a clean install of Windows nbsp when the slide show pauses I can press the Windows key and click Power Point and there is a little box that says Resume slide show clicking this sometimes works and sometimes doesn't all windows updates are installed if I use an external keyboard and mouse it works OK I've tried disabling ThinkPad X260 on battery & powerpoint not working all power management in BIOS and Windows the only permanent fix I've found that works everytime ThinkPad X260 on battery & powerpoint not working is to disable Hardware Acceleration in Office settings but some of the docs users have are massive so don't want to cause any slowdowns or nbsp issues plus it's anoying that I can't find another solution even though it worked on a users laptop nbsp Anyone else seen this issue or have an idea of a fix nbsp Cheers Solved Go to Solution

A:ThinkPad X260 on battery & powerpoint not working

I believe your system has the Intel HD Graphics, so  if that is the case, open up the Windows Control panel, and check for an Intel HD graphics control panel.    If the present, it usually has its own power management settings in Windows 7, and if so, set it to maximum performance when on battery and see if that solves your problem.     Other video card manufacturer may have similar power  settings as well if yours is not the Intel variety.    Other than some form of power management issue, I cannot see any other reason battery vs AC should make any difference.. Good Luck,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-X260-on-battery-amp-powerpoint-not-working/td-p/3469381
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell inspiron 5521 and it's 8 months old. Today when I opened it this message appeared : "Your battery has experienced permanent failure and needs to be replaced. I can open the notebook when ac is on but the red led of battery is blinking and the battery can not be charged. Also in bios i get the same message about battery. Is this really a permanent failure ? It's just 8 monts old. What can I do ? 
I burrow with my friend to check the battery when i replace the battery it works is that battery suddenly death ?
Points. 
I have updated the Bios also
Also I diagnostics

A:Dell Inspiron 5521 Battery not Working

Hi SUBASH4U,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please boot into BIOS <F2> and check on the status of the battery listed.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19786188
Relevancy 41.28%

I didnt use my laptop for 2 weeks and when I finally get to use it, an error message shows up on startup saying of an hp battery alert where the storage capacity is supposedly very low and now it is not charging. There is also the case of the keyboard not responding if left idle for a while and will only respond if the whole laptop was restarted. It was perfectly fine before so i used system diagnostics and ran an extensive hard disk check and i got this: failure ID Q09K2F-00086P-MFKR6J-61D603product ID G2G88PA#UUFHARD DRIVE 1 please help. thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/After-2-weeks-of-not-using-laptop-battery-isnt-working/td-p/5710951
Relevancy 41.28%

I ve been having a strange problem with the battery for my Thinkpad laptop I noticed Battery Stopped Working Thinkpad Suddenly the other day that Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working it wasn t charging when I plugged the AC adapter in Eventually it ran out completely and would not charge at all This happened very suddenly it was working fine a week ago If I have the battery installed and AC attached and hit the power button the system will start up for a few seconds and then shut down Sometimes it will randomly start AGAIN for another few seconds and then shut down The only way I can get the computer to run is with the battery removed and AC adapter attached If I start the computer up with the AC adapter attached and then insert the battery the computer immediately powers down I really want to get this problem resolved I m hoping that it s just the battery itself but it seems strange that it would stop working so suddenly From my experience laptop batteries tend to lose their power over time And even if the battery was no good shouldn t the computer still work as long as the AC line is connected I have no problem replacing the battery I m just not certain that this is the real issue It seems that the AC adapter works fine Is this likely just a battery problem or is it possible that the motherboard is damaged nbsp

A:Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi Dan and welcome to TSG.

I assume your Thinkpad's warranty has run out.

It could be a problem with the motherboard power circuitry but that would be expensive to fix.

As the charger looks ok the easiest and cheapest thing to do is to try a new battery.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-battery-suddenly-stopped-working.1138095/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am working on a relatives computer and am having major difficulties. When I received the computer it would not boot. It would hang up when running the bios and stop with the error message no mouse, no keyboard or keyboard error. I was able to get the mouse recognised but not the keyboard. The cmois battery was removed and replaced and now there is no video. I am not sure what this computer is running. Theres a digital readout on the front that says 200 when you start up. It has a diamond video card. When I power it on the cpu fan works power supply works, theres no lights on the floppy or on the cdrom that light up. Any suggestion on what to do to get video back and resolve the original keyboard error message. I did try to boot from a floppy before the batteries removal and that did not work.

Relevancy 41.28%

Once I plugged in charger while my notebook was turned off.
It lighted Plug LED and Battery LED was blinking after 3 seconds.

I reinserted battery and it charged fine.
One day I was using my NB200 and it run out of charge, I plugged in and same thing happen but even after reinserting battery it won't start.

Plugging in it for long time doesn't heats up battery nor notebook. I can only start it without battery plugged in. Inserting battery shuts down PC after 1 seconds and LED of battery again blinks after 3 seconds.

What does it means? I tired putting battery in fridge because I read on internet it might fix but no luck.

Any idea how can I fix it.

A:Battery suddenly stopped working on NB200-10z

Hi

First of all you have to know that the notebook should run properly without the battery but with connected AC adaptor.
Even if the battery would be faulty or empty, the connected AC adaptor should supply power and you should be able to power up the notebook.

In case this isn?t possible, I assume an power supply electronic malfunction.

However, you could test the following workaround:
Try to power up and to boot the notebook without the battery.
Then go to device manager and uninstall the following entries under batteries:
- Microsoft composite battery
- Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery

Then reboot the notebook.
Power OFF again and insert the battery.
Power On the notebook and check if the unit would run properly.

Of course it would be also recommend testing the notebook in connection with another good and tested battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78509-Battery-suddenly-stopped-working-on-NB200-10z
Relevancy 41.28%

i just purchased a brand new battery for my laptop and it still will not charge or play off it and it needs to be plugged in.

any suggestions are grealy appreciated

Relevancy 41.28%

My e's got messed up volume i... working not battery properly(and keys volume 11e buttons The LED on the F key stays illuminated regardless if its muted or not Also they keys 11e volume keys not working properly(and battery i... only function to toggle the mute on or off F F F and the volume buttons on the side To raise or lower the volume i have to use the speaker icon in the task tray nbsp Also and this is far more worrying I charged the battery to and then unplugged it to put it aside About 11e volume keys not working properly(and battery i... days later i grabbed it take it to a friends and when i got there it wouldnt turn on Turns out the battery had run TOTALLY dead in those days even though it was fully powered down 11e volume keys not working properly(and battery i... not standby Is this an issue with the e's My last thinkpad was a T but in the interum i have used lots of other laptops and netbooks none of which were this quick to self-discharge nbsp Its the nd gen N non-yoga running windows pro gb ssd gb

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/11e-volume-keys-not-working-properly-and-battery-issue/td-p/3453551
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello My cpu has begun running at to with the ieexplore exe and system processes eating up most of it working bad popup running 100%, message to CPU not USB and battery Ports 75% This has been happening for the last few weeks but I can t think of anything I did that may have brought it on I don t know if these are related or not but my usb ports haven t been working properly either and my computer now says that I am using the wrong power cord the power cord I use is the one that came with the computer a Dell Latitude with the XP operating system I disabled Spybot and have Symantic Antivirus Corporate Edition running right now CPU running 75% to 100%, USB Ports not working and bad battery message popup As per your instructions I am posting DDS txt I m not a techie so I may need to extra patience Thanks for anything you can do to assist me DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour CPU running 75% to 100%, USB Ports not working and bad battery message popup mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C CPU running 75% to 100%, USB Ports not working and bad battery message popup Program Files DropBox DropBox DropBox exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME XXX Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp news google com news ned us uSearch Page uSearch Bar uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper ocx TB E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - No File uRun Uniblue RegistryBooster c program files uniblue registrybooster RegistryBooster exe S mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun IntelZeroConfig quot c program files intel wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot mRun IntelWireless quot c program files intel wireless bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe mRun vptray c progra symant symant vptray exe mRun PDVDDXSrv quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd dx PDVDDXSrv exe quot mRun DropBoxUtility quot c program files dropbox dropbox DropBox exe quot s mRun AppleSyncNotifier c program files common files apple mobile device support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL Trusted Zone turbotax com DPF A BB - - EC-ACCB- EAE B - hxxp support dell com systemprofi... Read more

A:CPU running 75% to 100%, USB Ports not working and bad battery message popup

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for not being able to have replied to your topic. If you still need help, please start a new thread and post a fresh set of logs requested in our pre-posting process outlined below, as it has been quite a while since you posted:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cpu-running-75-to-100-usb-ports-not-working-and-bad-battery-message-popup-368164.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have installed Windows 7, on my Vaio VGN-SZ660N and I`m having lots of difficulties with installing its new drivers.
I can not install Windows Shared Library, So My Function keys do not work any more and more important I do not have my "Battery Care Function" any more which resulted in damage of my battery. Can you help me where I can get "working drivers" for my Model? Because the ones on the Sony website do not seem to be working...

Thank you

A:VAIO drivers not working,Battery Care Function

Have you downloaded the correct Windows 7 drivers for your VAIO? 32 bit or 64 bit?

Sony eSupport - VGN-SZ660N - Software Updates & Drivers

Edit: I see from your system specs you have 32 bit Windows 7. The drivers available from Sony should work for you. You might try this forum at notebookreview.com, it the "owners" forum for the SZ series.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony...rs-lounge.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/162113-vaio-drivers-not-working-battery-care-function.html
Relevancy 40.85%

My machine is getting older still works like a champ but some wonky things are happening power working is battery pc tho failures even packup during restarts Last week during a storm the computer restarted I have always used battery backups with avr and it really shocked me It never gave me an error just restarted itself So I checked it and my battery back up seemed to pc restarts even tho battery packup is working during power failures not be doing its job I unplugged everything and plugged in a lamp and then unplugged the back up and the light flashed I could not remember when I bought it but I was sure it was over years So I bought another one well the same thing is happening and this time I installed the monitoring pc restarts even tho battery packup is working during power failures software and did a self test and the computer still restarted itself and the battery back up says it is working fine I changed the outlet the back up was using too the test with the light on the new one seems to show the back up is working too I did have a new power supply installed before I replaced the back up cause it seemed the fans were not working in it that was determined at the place I had it installed it was not working but I didn t have time for a diagnosis And now I even have a weirder problem too half my icons that used to show up in the task bar are not there now the things I always closed I am happy about but now I don t have icon for my usb things nothing to click to safely remove hardware The things that have changed in the last bit of time is that I had a problem with my avg security suite it seemed that when I started to do anything using a bunch a bandwidth I would lose my dialup connection and I asked the support if all the filters and stuff running could be causing that Just asked they suggested upgrading to that might solve any of those kinds of problems cause it was supposed to be less resource intensive Dumb me did it Now I am talking with their tech people about why this version s firewall will not configure One change but that major change was after the power supply change and the battery back up change To install the software for the battery back up I added a powered usb hub and I think that is when my icon for the usb disappeared but not sure seems that the some of the icons had been intermittently being gone since I installed the new avg stuff But the weirdest thing is other than that stuff my machine is working well It is a velocity micro gamers edge model p gigs ram pro still as snappy as it was when I got it back in sept of The main reason I noticed the fans in the old power supply not working was because I have temp gauges for the ambient processor and video card installed and I know they are not really right but it gave me an idea of what was going on and the temps had increased like degrees c Checked and they were not moving I just really worry about the restarting thing I never get an error or anything just restarts I know in the last few weeks it has done that more than in the whole time I have owned it I know all this stuff is really weird and probably not connected but gees this has been the best computer I have ever had and believe it or not nothing has ever been done aside from the power supply and a harddrive failure right after I got it no reformatting or anything Maybe that is what is needed but since I don t do that myself my experience is no matter who I get to work on my machines they are never ever the same I would rather just buy a new one I guess mainly does anyone have any idea of these things sealing the doom for my machine Like I should be ready for the worse nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-restarts-even-tho-battery-packup-is-working-during-power-failures.702345/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a compaq 610 notebook. it says charging everytime i plug in the charger but does nott exceed 0% and its internal speaker does not work but the headsets work. this has taken sometime, and has disturbed me alot esspecially when power goes off abruptly. please help me

A:internal speaker not working, but headsets work, and battery...

Dear HP Customer, I understand that you have 2 issues on your Compaq 610 1. Unit not charging the battery and shows 0%  2. Internal Speakers not working.  

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/internal-speaker-not-working-but-headsets-work-and-battery/td-p/5606529
Relevancy 40.85%

my dell d600 wont charge batteries

I have purchased a new power supply, new battery

nothing worked so I took it to get it repaired and I was told that there is a problem with some connector in the montherboard I guess thats what detects the battery..
and in the bios it reports the battery as unknow as does windows
does anybody know if this is DIY job? instead of spending money on getting it repaired?

also is there a way to recharge a battery without have it inserted in the laptop?

thanks

A:Dell D600 laptop problem - Battery not working

I wouldn't waste any more money on a laptop that old. It's unfortunate that you spent money on a new battery and power adapter.

There's no point in charging the battery externally, which would require yet another purchase if such a device exists for that model battery. The odds are the problem is with the laptop itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-d600-laptop-problem-battery-not-working.630514/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a HDX16 laptop running windows 7. The battery is a year and a few months old, and yesterday was giving me at least 50 min of battery life. However today, it wont hold a charge at all and my computer shuts down completely whenever the power supply is interrupted for a millisecond. I ask because this is the second time a battery has suddenly stopped working on me and I am wondering if there is a reason for this. I tried to check the battery condition by hitting esc + f2 when my computer starts up, but there is no battery check option. Any explanation or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time. 

A:Battery suddenly stops working - computer shuts off despite ...

Hey Aitchpk,  I'm sorry you're having a battery issue. I would suggest running a battery check using HP Support Assistant if you have it installed on your computer.  You could also try using this standalone Battery Check. Do you have any issues like this if you operate the computer without the battery and just have the power cord plugged in?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-suddenly-stops-working-computer-shuts-off-despite/td-p/2560581
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Need some help, I have an inspiron 5100 that I bought couple of year ago. few month back I noticed that the machine is not charging the battery when the laptop is on. as sson as I shut down and turn off teh laptop, teh charger stats working on the battery. So I don't beleive it is a battery problem but rather a charger one, I'm wondering if someone know if it is a software related and how to fix it.

thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 5100 Battery Charger not working

Check very carefully for full contact from the charger points, and the best way to clean them is with a pencil eraser, followed by denatured alcohol and a queue tip. The contacts do become weak or bent, which can cause the problem.
There is no software that affects that model, but there is a chip in the battery that counts the number of full charges. Onces it reaches that magic number, it stops further charging even though good otherwise. This is to prevent fire and other damage as the battery ages.
Otherwise, you need someone with experience using a soldering iron, to replace a couple of doohickies inside the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-5100-battery-charger-not-working.84570/
Relevancy 40.85%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 40.85%

I was previously using Win8.1Pro and the charging would stop at 95% (plugged in, not charging) and after charging would go below that level, charging would kick in like 90% (plugged in, charging). However, now i'm using Win10Pro and the smart charging feature isn't working. I've tried google, but to no avail. What worries me is, keeping the charger plugged in at 100% all the time will wear the battery out and plugging and unplugging all the time is just a nuisance!How can I revert back to the previous state?  I've tried HP AC Power Control, but it's not made for Win 10 as it just unresponsive even after we apply and okay and frankly, it's just a poor software.  HP should learn from Sony or Dell, their Battery Care Function and Battery Life Extension are very much user friendly.I would appreciate help in this matter. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Battery-Care-Function-While-Charging-Not-Working-Anymore/td-p/5821410
Relevancy 40.42%

On Thursday an Intel spokesman confirmed that the company is working to patch a minor bug that will reduce the battery working life bug Microsoft squash Windows Intel, to 10 battery life of some Windows machines by less than percent The good news is that once fixed Intel expects the battery life Intel, Microsoft working to squash Windows 10 battery life bug of a Windows PC to be on par with a Windows system the Intel spokesman said With the Windows launch just days away on July Intel Microsoft app developers and hardware makers are working to finalize drivers and fix bugs Microsoft for example issued an update for Intel s HD Graphics integrated GPU on Thursday for its Surface line along with a firmware update that failed to update for many people In some sense both Intel and Microsoft are on an intercept course with Microsoft s Windows scheduled to hit the market shortly before Intel is expected to begin shipping its next-generation Skylake chips The combination of new drivers new software and new hardware usually means a fertile ground for bugs which all parties are busy patching Intel among them http www pcworld com article windows intel-microsoft-working-to-squash-windows- -battery-life-bug html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584265/intel-microsoft-working-to-squash-windows-10-battery-life-bug/
Relevancy 40.42%

hello all, I have a problem in my Dell latitude pp0x1 laptop which is like following: 1- When I press power on button, the power light LED become light ON for 3 or 4 second and return back to off state and the laptop not powering ON at all. 2- when I connect it to the Dc power the battery button wink slowly. really I am in trouble and worried of this error plz help. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-battery-light-wink-and-laptop-not-working.953342/
Relevancy 39.99%

Bought my wife this computer for Christmas.  Apparently Dell has combined the power indicator light/hard drive activity light/ and battery status light into one single light on the front edge of computer.  My concern is that the light only comes on briefly when I first plug  in the power supply, then it goes out  and never lights again.  Even when the hard drive is writing or reading the light doesn't come on to show activity.  Is this normal?  I'm concerned as this is one way I've used to determine if things are happening on my computer as they should be.  If  the light is not designed to show hard drive activity when it occurs, what use is it?

A:Inspiron 5759 power/hard drive/battery light not working?

If you haven't found the answer to your question then this should help you.
Hold down the "Fn" key which is in between the Ctrl & Windows Key then press the "H" key.  This action will be required each time you re-boot the computer.

Don

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19669037
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All,

my 2 yr old U920t laptop/tablet satellite ultrabook has poor battery life. The battery will only last a maximum of 2 hrs before requiring recharging under normal word doc/excel data entry.

Any ideas on how i can improve it?

The Toshiba pc health monitor function continually informs me that I need to replace the battery due to normal wear and tear but I thought the battery being an 'internal' item means it cant be replaced?

If anyone can offer some advice that would be great!

A:Satellite U920T - short battery working time after 2 years of usage

Hi

In my opinion there is no some kind of ?rule? or ?norm? about battery life in general. On some machines battery hold capacity for longer period of time comparing it with other notebook models.
Fact is that over time battery will lose the capacity and result will be shorter working hours.

You can try to increase working hours changing some power options and shutting off some useless background processes.
Many newer notebook models have newer design where battery cannot be removed so simply and it is placed under the bottom cover but it can be replaced too. One day when you need new one contact nearest Toshiba service provider and they can replace it for you.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81402-Satellite-U920T-short-battery-working-time-after-2-years-of-usage
Relevancy 39.13%

Just bought this model a month ago. At first, I thought there isn't any LED Indicator in this model for charging/ HDD activity modulation but later when I saw the guide, I noticed an indicator just below the touchpad. But, the catch is that it isn't glowing at all. Even while charging, I tried the hotkey combination (Fn + H) to toggle that light but to no avail. Any idea as to how to activate this light?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996798
Relevancy 36.98%

Can someone help me with this problem So I just received 3315 15 Status at Inspiron Stuck 0% Charging, Battery Dell Idle? Battery my brand new Dell Inspiron and the battery is not charging It says it s quot Plugged In Charging quot but it never goes up and stays at At first Dell Inspiron 15 3315 Battery Stuck at 0% Charging, Battery Status Idle? I thought I just need to plug it in for several hours but it s been hours now and still the battery stays at nbsp I tried running the BIOS Diagnostics just to see if there are problems and there s none The battery status says everything is running normally and the Battery State says it s Idle I tried draining the flea power several times removing and reattaching the battery but to no avail I m getting really frustrated and I m really close to throwing this laptop back to Dell nbsp I read somewhere that I have to update the BIOS but it won t update unless the battery is charged at least Someone also suggested that Windows is causing the problem I haven t even started using this laptop and it s already giving me a ton of problems nbsp Any help would be much appreciated Thanks guys

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982101
Relevancy 36.98%

My Dell laptop will charge and operate for several hours off a new 6000 MAh battery but the icon in the tray inidcates that it is always on line power. Although both the CD and floppy drive work when installed in a bay the system not indicate that they are present. I have updated the bios from Dell but that does not help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jerry

A:Dell Inspiron 3500 charges and runs on battery but cannot find battery or bay devices

Still under warranty, isn't it? Call Dell for a repair trip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3500-charges-and-runs-on-battery-but-cannot-find-battery-or-bay-devices.109068/
Relevancy 36.98%
Relevancy 36.98%

After a round of Windows updates, I went to turn on my laptop and recieved the "Primary internal battery (601)" error.  After this screen, however, Windows would not load.  I have tried taking the battery out and 'draining the charge',  and starting up the computer plugged directly to AC with no battery.  Windows still does not load.  The start-up test in the diagnostics menu said the battery needed calibration, however when I go to run the battery test, it gets to "waiting for battery to charge" and exits out of the test without giving me any results at all.  Currently when turning on the computer I no longer get the "primary internal battery" error, it just goes directly to a black screen with blinking cursor.  Any help is appreciated, I'm completely at a loss here!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Primary-internal-battery-error-diagnostics-battery-test/td-p/5826046
Relevancy 36.98%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/
Relevancy 36.55%

I ve seen a lot of posts about Dell laptops suddenly losing battery power But I ve not found a post with my particular question Several weeks ago when running on battery only my computer started going into hibernate mode without any warning The battery icon in the system tray would show the battery to be almost fully charged but after about minutes the working"? battery Dell good E1505 - "not hibernate would occur I usually use it with A C power Last night when I removed the power cord the computer suddenly lost all power as if there were no battery installed When I look at the battery meter Fn F It shows charged and the quot battery health quot tab says my battery is performing normally Additionally when I remove the battery and push the little battery icon on it all LEDs light up indicating that there are no dead cells If I push and hold the button for seconds no LEDs light up which supposedly means the battery is healthy I appreciate any suggestions I m running Windows XP SP and using a wireless network nbsp

A:Dell E1505 - good battery "not working"?

Your laptop Dell E1505 sounds as though it may have either a motherboard or just contacts issue

Regarding the contacts, make sure both the battery and if possible, the motherboard contacts to the battery are clean (usually blowing out all dust)

Regarding the motherboard, firstly check the warranty status and also have a look at extending expired warranty. As this does sound like a hardware fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e1505-good-battery-not-working.100386/
Relevancy 36.55%

My laptop is Inspiron 14R (N4010) and the exsiting 48Whr battery is drain very quickly. So I would like to replace new once.I find 90Whr as url below compatible with mine. But I just wonder, Can 90 AC adapter use with 90Whr battery?
90Whr Batteryaccessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx
90W AC adapteraccessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980861